Windows Support Forum

Windows 2003 Server installation in Dual Boot on already installed Windows 7 Laptop

Q: Windows 2003 Server installation in Dual Boot on already installed Windows 7 Laptop

Hello All Windows Laptop Boot on 2003 Server in installed installation Dual already Windows 7 I have Windows Ultimate -Bit Edition installed and working fine Windows 2003 Server installation in Dual Boot on already installed Windows 7 Laptop on the following laptop HP-Dv -Bit Core Duo GB RAM Nvidia Graphics Card It is the only operating system I have two partitions in the laptop harddisk Windows Ultimate is obviously installed on the first partition C I have D almost empty and I can shrink or expand it based on the requirements Now I want to install Windows SR SP Server on the same laptop in Dual Boot Configuration I have read that installing a Windows Xp family operating system on a machine after intallation of Windows Vista family operating system corrupts the boot sector and makes Windows unbootable since both have different operating system files I know i should have installed Windows first and then Windows to ensure a hassle free Windows dual boot system However I want now to save the hassle and do the other way around Can anyone guide me with exact steps or to any other working guide which can ensure that both operating systems would live in harmony in the scenario i have described Maybe someone with a similar experience can share the precautions and consequences Thanks for reading and helping in advance Regards nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 2003 Server installation in Dual Boot on already installed Windows 7 Laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 2003 Server installation in Dual Boot on already installed Windows 7 Laptop

Couple of things you can do after installing 2003.

Boot from the W7 dvd select repair my computer and do a startup repair, most of the time this fixes the bootloader for W7, but then 2003 may not boot now. So then you need to install a BCD editor software in W7 to get both of them booting properly.

http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

If startup repair does not get W7 booting again, there are some commands you can do from the W7 recovery environment to get the job done, (boot from the W7 cd, select repair my computer, then command prompt)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392/en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-installation-in-dual-boot-on-already-installed-windows-7-laptop.878387/
Relevancy 111.91%

Hello All I have Windows Dual installation Windows Boot already 7 installed 2003 in Windows Server Laptop on Ultimate -Bit Edition installed and working fine on the following laptop HP-Dv -Bit Core Duo GB RAM Nvidia Graphics Card It is the Windows 2003 Server installation in Dual Boot on already installed Windows 7 Laptop only operating system I have two partitions in the laptop harddisk Windows Ultimate is obviously installed on the first partition C I have D almost empty and I can shrink or expand it based on the requirements Now I want to install Windows SR SP Server on the same laptop in Dual Boot Configuration I have read that installing a Windows Xp family operating system on a machine after intallation of Windows Vista family operating system corrupts the boot sector and makes Windows unbootable since both have different operating system files I know i should have installed Windows first and then Windows to ensure a hassle free Windows dual boot system However I want now to save the hassle and do the other Windows 2003 Server installation in Dual Boot on already installed Windows 7 Laptop way around Can anyone guide me with exact steps or to any other working guide which can ensure that both operating systems would live in harmony in the Windows 2003 Server installation in Dual Boot on already installed Windows 7 Laptop scenario i have described Maybe someone with a similar experience can share the precautions and consequences Thanks for reading and helping in advance Regards

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-2003-server-installation-in-dual-boot-on-already-installed-windows-7-laptop-432998.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Hello guys Hope you can help me with this because I really need to get my Server running as that is working platform need it for my job I had three operating systems in my computer Ubunt Win XP and Win Server Grub was the booting program that offers you go to 7 boot installed 2003 having Server Cant after Windows Windows loader When I selected this I could choose between XP and Server according to XP boot ini file Yesterday I got Windows installed over XP Everything seemed to be fine I got back Grub booting with Super Grub When I boot the computer I choose Windows booting and now Windows menu is shown First options here were - Previous Windows version - Windows Firtst entry did not work when you select it the computer just hungs up doing nothing showing nothing totally black I installed Cant boot Server 2003 after having installed Windows 7 EasyBCD and tried to edit boot menu adding new entry to be autodetected or selecting the drive but I get just absolutely nothing When Cant boot Server 2003 after having installed Windows 7 I choose this new entry to be loaded same result black screen These are my curent booting settings Quote There are a total of entries listed in the bootloader Default Windows Timeout seconds Boot Drive C Entry Name Versi n anterior de Windows BCD ID ntldr Drive C Bootloader Path ntldr Entry Name Windows BCD ID current Drive C Bootloader Path Windows system winload exe Entry Name Server BCD ID fe dc - e a- e -b ef-a f c fa Drive D Bootloader Path NST easyldr I tried also copying a regular boot ini file see below into the Server partition but all I got with this is instead a black screen a message saying that system in quot NST easyldr quot cannot be loaded by some hardware software error no more options but to go back Code boot loader timeout default multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS operating systems multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Windows Server Enterprise quot noexecute optout fastdetect As said I am totally desperated with this I really need my server getting launched Any help will be very appreciated

A:Cant boot Server 2003 after having installed Windows 7

Just in case it helps, here its my partition map. Although it is Spanish, I guess you can read it

The first two are the ubuntu partitions (systema and swap), then C (win7), D (server 2003), and E (data, no system)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/163288-cant-boot-server-2003-after-having-installed-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi guys,

Am new to using computers. Can someone help me step by step process of how to install windows server 2003 r2 and windows 7 home premium 64 bit as a dual boot on my dell xps laptop.

thank you very much in advance..

A:dual boot of windows server 2003 r2 and windows 7 on dell xps

Should be the same as to Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

Install 2003 first. You'll know right away if it can see the HD or if it needs the SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD.

Once it's installed boot WIn7 installer to create the second partition you should leave space for during previous install. It will configure the Dual Boot menu, or else install EasyBCD to 7 to add 2003.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/289291-dual-boot-windows-server-2003-r2-windows-7-dell-xps.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi friends,
I have following h/w config:-

ATA 70 GB Hdd
SATA 320GB HDD

I first installed 2003 server on 70 GB hdd and then vista on one partition of 320 GB hdd. When i restart I do not see the os dual boot menu to select from vista/2003 server. Rather, the pc starts with vista.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Windows vista windows 2003 server dual boot

Try running this in vista and use it to add a boot entry for 2003.
http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1
Link at the bottom of the page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-windows-2003-server-dual-boot.791795/
Relevancy 100.62%

I have Compaq laptop C700 with Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit, Pentium Dual Core CPU and 2 GB RAM. I want to install Windows Server 2003 for dual boot on this laptop. Can I do it? I have one internal hard drive with 50GB free space. I will create a new partition for Windows 2003 installation. Is my situation similar to Windows 7 (followed by) Windows XP installations for dual boot? I see the threads for Win 7 and Win XP dual boot in this forum. If I need to be aware of any specific steps or possible issues, please advise. It will really help me know what to anticipate in this process and how to fix any issues that might arise. Thanks!

A:Dual Boot - Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003

Hello SMetla, welcome to Seven Forums!

I have no knowledge of 2003 as I've never fooled with it but you may need run startup repairs to get back to Windows 7 after you install 2003 and the startup repairs should add a boot entry to the Windows boot menu; start by having a look through this tutorial but do not change the "System" partition by marking anything as active before you start the installation process.

Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

Do you have an external Hard Disk Drive you could save an image of the existing system to before you start; this is an excellent free program to use.

Imaging with free Macrium

Be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/135734-dual-boot-windows-7-windows-server-2003-a.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Hi,

I'm new here and glad to join this community.

I have windows server 2003 and windows xp pro on my home computer. Now I really need to reinstall windows xp. I know that the sequence for installing multi windows OSes on the same computer should be from oldest OSes to lastest OSes. This means I should install windows xp and then windows server 2003. Last time, I reinstalled windows xp when windows 2003 is already installed. The result was I couldnt boot in windows server! So how can I install Windows xp without affecting my server OS? Should I install them on different hard disks (I got two hard disks)?

Any help will be appriciated.

Best regards,

A:Dual boot windows xp and windows server 2003

Back up Boot.ini file.

You could install windows Xp and then edit/replace the boot.ini file with the one you backed up.
Or once XP is installed you can run a Manulal repair off windows 2003 cd on the boot files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-boot-windows-xp-and-windows-server-2003.202304/
Relevancy 100.62%

Dear All,

I have purchased a laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit version (4 GB RAM and 500 GB HDD). The system has two partitions which has 250 GB each. I want to install Windows Server 2003 (have the source) and make the system dual boot. Can some one guide me with the process using Easy BCD? Any screenshot document will really help me in doing this myself. This is the first time am doing it and require some assistance from the team. Kindly help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/106850-dual-boot-windows-7-windows-server-2003-a.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Alright, so I have two hard drives in my computer; one has Windows 7 on it and the other has Windows Server 2003 on it. I no longer want to use windows server 2003, and I could use the hard drive somewhere else. What I want to know is: What is the safest way to remove that drive from the dual boot and format it without screwing up the boot record for Windows 7. I still want to have windows 7 (to clarify), I only want it on my pc and I want to completely get rid of Server 2003. So, again, what is the safest way to do this without screwing up the boot record for windows 7?

Regards,
Gpix

Relevancy 96.75%

Hello everyone Heres my problem Dual connectivity leads with to 2003 Windows Vista and boot Server no network I am a student helping manage a student lab at my current college Right now my teacher wants me to install a Master Virtual Machine IE Dual boot with Windows Server 2003 and Vista leads to no network connectivity Virtual Box that contains a daul boot of Windows Server and Windows Vista for an IT class It works beautifully when I boot into both operating systems I have a problem now when I boot into Windows Server I get network connectivity and can go to google However when I boot to Vista on the Virtual machine it will not get any network connectivity and says that I need a wireless connection Dual boot with Windows Server 2003 and Vista leads to no network connectivity when my network connection is cable only I have tried to switching to a Bridged Connection on VirtualBox because I thought that was the problem but it was not So I switched the VirtualBox Network type back to NAT That still did not work Now I am stumped What is the problem Can anyone help me with this situation My Dual boot with Windows Server 2003 and Vista leads to no network connectivity host machine has connectivity and all the hardware is properly configured Keep in mind I am running a Dual boot of Windows Server and Windows Vista on a Virtual Machine

A:Dual boot with Windows Server 2003 and Vista leads to no network connectivity

What does Vista Device Manager say - any red/ yellow flags?
Does it show Ethernet connection?
Vista SP2 drivers installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dual-boot-with-windows-server-2003-and-vista-leads-to-no-network-connectivity-555726.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi There im trying to install the windows server 2003 and i cant because I installed MoneOS turnkey now im having trouble to get the Main HDD to pick up PLEASE I NEED HELP

A:Installing Windows Server 2003 No HDD's Installed?

Work through the steps for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/334281-installing-windows-server-2003-no-hdds-installed.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Encouraged by my familys lack of knowledge and ability to really mess with things on my other PC I started to think about my options are as far as limiting person s in my house to only doing certain things on my computer -- which made me think about Servers Dual 2003 Windows 2K and Server booting .NET ability to do this type of thing much easier I started thinking that I do need to learn more about using Windows Server so for these two reasons I am going to dual boot Windows K with Windows Server Surely I won t Dual booting Windows 2K and 2003 .NET Server have any problem playing games on the LAN with Server but does anyone know of any problems that I might encounter This is the main reason I am keeping Windows K installed for the moment just so I can test out Windows Server and see if I am going to have any issues with gaming If not I will be removing Win K and running Server only nbsp

A:Dual booting Windows 2K and 2003 .NET Server

The only problem you may encounter is that its wise to install later operating systems (like 2003 server) AFTER YOU HAVE INSTALLED Windows 2000 Server. The boot technology is usually upgraded between these kinds of things, to the extent that the 2000 bootloader will not handle 2003, etc, or NT4 will not handle 2000, etc. So remember that.

Also, DON'T EVEN DREAM about installing both of these operating systems to the same partition.

Beyond that... I guess all should be fine. Oh, but you did mention games....

Server Operating Systems are generally not optimised for games. If you want to play games, etc better to have some kind of dual boot system with XP, and so forth.

Because of my interest in operating systems, but also in the interests of compatibilty with games, I currently have many operating systems installed. Here is a list|:-

Windows 98
Windows XP
Windows 2000 Advanced Server with Oracle, Exchange, etc.
Windows 2003 server
Red Hat linux 9 with Ximian Gnome 2
Slackware 9.0

And I could add more. If you want some advise on how to create something like this, and make it all work, I will be only too pleased to tell you.

Its nice to have a HDDs dedicated for operating systems and HDDs dedicated for data in these cases, because if you want to make these kinds of complex operating system configs you have to be doing a lot of partitioning, formatting, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-booting-windows-2k-and-2003-net-server.5968/
Relevancy 84.28%

hello everyone

I have two hard disks in my pc and installed windows 2003 server on one and netbsd on the other. I can currently boot to both OS's, however, to boot to netbsd i must hold the f12 key during the boot process to select which hard disk it is on. If i let the boot process take its normal course it will only boot to windows server. I would like to set-up a menu select at the start of the boot process so that i can select which OS to boot. Any help would be most appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-booting-netbsd-and-windows-2003-server.115893/
Relevancy 84.28%

I've installed many operating systems before. Sometimes from boot disks sometimes from CD-Roms. Now I'm trying to install Windows 2k3 (2003) to an old PC that CANNOT boot from CD-Rom. I've looked at Rick's Guide on how to boot a CD from the HD but a stupid Linux tool automatically pops-up "GRUB". Does anybody have any idea on how to stop it from starting? Or how to alternatevely install Windows 2003? Any help would be thanked I also forgot to add that i tried to run winnt.exe but after the setup files are copied the computer screen just gets stuck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2003-server-installation-problems.18640/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hey guys I am boot Windows Windows dual 8 Black up. 8 installed, Screen! boot won't having an issue when installing the consumer preview So I downloaded the W iso off of Microsoft's site I burned it to a Windows 8 dual boot installed, Windows 8 won't boot up. Black Screen! DVD with GB free of storage I even bought a new set of DVDs Anyways I downloaded the iso I downloaded the USB DVD download tool there I burned my iso to the DVD So I then create a partition on my computer I gave the new partition GB of storage I rebooted my computer pressed F and access the burned DVD So I click custom installation and I install the new OS onto the partition with GB I named it the partition Windows so I wouldn't get confused I clicked it and installed Windows onto it Anyways once it extracts the data and installs all Windows 8 dual boot installed, Windows 8 won't boot up. Black Screen! the Windows 8 dual boot installed, Windows 8 won't boot up. Black Screen! updates my computer screen goes black for a few seconds Then it load's the fish icon and then goes black It loads nothing and it just stays there I have tried using the startup repair and it cannot fix it I decided to reinstall the OS but format the partition and then install It does the same exact thing Anyways how do I get rid of the black screen Windows won't boot up I allowed a dual boot by the way so I still have windows but I really want to try Windows I followed this guide if anyone was wondering

A:Windows 8 dual boot installed, Windows 8 won't boot up. Black Screen!

I'm having similar issues with Vista and W8. I put W8 on an empty and freshly created partition.
I can get W8 to run but then on every restart or reboot I can not get back to Vista from the "blue dual boot screen". I select Vista as the OS, the laptop goes to the Acer splash screen and then the screen goes black and the HDD light goes off completely. And that's it. Have to do a forced shutdown holding power button and then on next reboot it will go to Vista.
Fortunately I have full Acronis disk images so I can just revert back to before all this but like you I really want to try W8.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/4556-windows-8-dual-boot-installed-windows-8-wont-boot-up-black-screen.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I received a custum-built computer from a former colleague several years ago but I am just now setting it up and have encountered a major issue When I turn on the computer a memory test screen with the BIOS), (Dual error Windows Startup 2003 Server Dual Startup error (Dual BIOS), Windows Server 2003 BIOS logo appears and after the memory test I receive an error that says quot checksum error - defaults loaded quot After that I am presented with three options F to continue DEL to go to the options menu and F to go through express recovery No matter what option I press eventually I see the Windows Server loading screen come up for a brief moment and then for less than a second a blue screen appears with an error message After that I am returned to the screen with the Dual BIOS logo and the whole process repeats itself If I sit and do nothing the memory test loops over and over I have tried messing with different settings in the BIOS options menu but no combination seems to make anything work I was afraid to touch anything in the Q-Flash menu I am no longer in contact with the person who built the computer for me but as far as I know it worked perfectly when it was tested several years ago and was never connected to the internet I don t unfortunately know anything about the system specs but I can tell you it says Antec on the front of the PC Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can be done to remedy this situation nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-error-dual-bios-windows-server-2003.831537/
Relevancy 83.42%

The jist of the problem is I am trying to install Windows Server I currently have a silicon image port SATA RAID controller I Server installation USB responding not 2003 during Floppy Windows have connected my maxtor G drives to this and set them up as RAID I have an Iomega USB floppy drive USB Floppy not responding during Windows Server 2003 installation and a floppy disk with the drivers for the SATA RAID controller for the windows installation I am USB Floppy not responding during Windows Server 2003 installation using an Abit IL Pro motherboard When I try to install Windows Server it begins okay says press F so I do it can read the floppy and copies the relevant drivers from the floppy It then goes onto the disk partition format screen that goes USB Floppy not responding during Windows Server 2003 installation through alright It then goes to copy and install the OS but asks for the SATA RAID Silicon Image Drivers I have left the disk in the floppy drive and tried to press enter but it doesnt even attempt to read the floppy drive I can press F and quit perfectly fine It just doesnt want to read the floppy drive I have set the Removable Device X-IDE USB Floppy as rd in the Boot configuration the onboard floppy controller is disabled I have a feeling it might be the floppy but its a branded floppy and it can be seen by the BIOS perfectly fine So whats its problem Any ideas Thanks Richard nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-floppy-not-responding-during-windows-server-2003-installation.608052/
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a new laptop pre-installed with Windows 10 on a primary m.2 disk.
It also has an HDD that I divided into partitions.

Now I have an old laptop that has Windows 7 that holds programs and files that I left behind. I want those programs accessible in a Windows 7 environment. Therefore, I cloned my Windows 7 to a spare partition on my laptop's HDD. Right now, I have Windows 10 on primary SSD and cloned Windows 7 on a partition of secondary HDD.

However, the problem is that, while the disk cloning process went successfully, it's not bootable. So my question is: how do I make the disk with Windows 7 bootable?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/57645-dual-boot-setup-pre-installed-windows-10-cloned-windows-7dows.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Dual boot XP with windows 7 on 2 Harddrives - (Windows 7 already installed)

I've read that i should install XP first. But I already have windows 7 installed and dont want to wipe that drive clean and reinstall.

Is this possilbe? To add a new sata hard drive and install xp 32bit to an existing PC running Win7 64 bit. With having a boot option at start up?

A:Solved: Dual boot XP with windows 7 on 2 Harddrives - (Windows 7 already installed)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dual-boot-xp-with-windows-7-on-2-harddrives-windows-7-already-installed.902342/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi I have looked all over for info on what will happen if I try to install windows on a new partition for a lenovo laptop that already has windows installed and this does not seem to be a common scenario nbsp TLDR I want to install windows side by side with Windows that is already installed but what I read HERE nbsp made me worried that installing windows on a windows box was not going to on a has windows boot windows dual 7 Installing machine installed that 10 already be the same as installing windows on a windows box I was going to do it from windows by mounting an iso but I could also just do it from a usb boot whatever is Installing windows 7 dual boot on a machine that already has windows 10 installed the easiest nbsp Warning You must install the older operating system first and then install the more recent operating system If you don't for example if you install Windows Vista on a computer already running Windows you can render your system inoperable This can happen because earlier versions of Windows don't recognize the startup files used in more recent versions of Windows and can overwrite them Can anyone advise as to whether or not this is a true danger or if there is a way to get around the problem This is a work machine which is why I want to do this over the weekend because I can't afford to be offline during the week testing this kind of thing nbsp Thanks for the help Luke Reasons for doing this nbsp I am a developer and my new laptop came with Windows I tried in the beginning to get some of the pre-installed bloatware removed with mixed luck tried several different reset scenarios none of them quite did it I manually uninstalled what I could but the machine has never run well despite having reasonably good specs gen i SSD gigs of ram it doesn't run as well as the year old dell of similar specs that it replaced after dying It comes out of sleep slowly and gets bogged down by visual studio and a lot of my other tools I have gone through a lot of tweak guides and disabled unused settings and spent a fair amount of time on nbsp Long story short I have a feeling a fresh install of windows will run fine on this hardware and I really don't want or need any of the features of Windows which I don't hate it just doesn't have any benefits for me especially on my developer machine and I want to install windows to see if it works better nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f4e7dfe7-60c2-4e76-a362-efab9999a47b/installing-windows-7-dual-boot-on-a-machine-that-already-has-windows-10-installed?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 82.99%

I installed Windows 8 RP on my laptop on another partition but my Windows 7 in C:/ got lost. How do I install it again?

A:HELP! Installed Windows 8 (dual boot) but lost Windows 7 Basic

My dual boot works, Win7Ultimate64 on C and Win8Enterprise64 on D, I just hope you did a system image or back up before installation, not unless you are sure of what you are doing.. Before Win8 installs it will ask you the location where you will have it installed, if Win7 really got lost maybe you mixed up the installation.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/8140-help-installed-windows-8-dual-boot-but-lost-windows-7-basic.html
Relevancy 82.99%

How do I do this? I tried following a tutorial in the tutorial section, but the option to delete volume in grayed out.

A:Remove Windows 10 from dual boot with Windows 7, Win10 installed first

It`s grayed out because it`s the Active partition and has the system files on it, if you were to delete it then Windows 7 would not boot anymore.

The Windows 7 partition must be made Active and the System files have to be written there before you can delete Windows 10.

The proper thing to do is backup your files, wipe out the entire drive and reinstall windows 7

Partition - Mark as Active

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/401647-remove-windows-10-dual-boot-windows-7-win10-installed-first.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hey guys i installed windows and windows server in different partition I first installed windows and then installed windows server I dont know if that makes much of a difference However -----after installing - Dual boot Windows Server and pro loader 2008 7 boot Windows the server i could not see the windows in my boot loader so i had to turn the windows partition to active- to boot from windows seven -----It turned my server partition to logical and could not see the server os in boot loader So how would i add both of them in the boot loader so that i can select one of the two after i boot I Dual boot Windows 7 pro and Windows Server 2008 - boot loader had to download acronis disk director to turn the logical drive to primary again So the question is how is it possible Dual boot Windows 7 pro and Windows Server 2008 - boot loader to get both the boot OS in the boot loadter I don't want to do a dual boot through vhd just in case someone suggests me that screen shot of my disk Update i changed the windows server partion back Dual boot Windows 7 pro and Windows Server 2008 - boot loader to active and tried to boot now it says bootmgr is missing

A:Dual boot Windows 7 pro and Windows Server 2008 - boot loader

I don't know how marking Win7 Active to repair it so it would start would convert the Server partition to Logical. I've never heard of such a thing.

To add the missing OS, install EasyBCD to add it on the Add New Entry tab.

EasyBCD (free Download at bottom of page - no name or email required)

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/244854-dual-boot-windows-7-pro-windows-server-2008-boot-loader.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi everyone,

I downloaded Windows Server 2003 Enterprise 180 day Evaluation and burned the ISO image to a CD.

Because i run Windows XP i wanted to do a new installation at system boot so i could install Server 2003 beside XP on a separate partition.

But when the installation starts and says 'Examining disks...' or 'Please wait...' it never starts again! There is CPU usage but nothing happens on the screen, and I have left it for hours at a time!

Please could someone advise me about this problem? I have tried it on my Desktop and Laptop and it happened on both! Both the Computers are compatible with the minimum requirements. :knock:

A:Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Evaluation Installation Problems

Have you tried booting on the CD instead of installing it from within WindowsXP ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-server-2003-enterprise-evaluation-installation-problems.18898/
Relevancy 82.13%

can I dual boot windows vista on a pre-installed windows 8.1

Samsung notebook model: NP300E5C-A08SA

A:dual boot windows vista on a pre-installed windows 8.1

yes you can, as long as it is on it's own partition or disk

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/64551-dual-boot-windows-vista-pre-installed-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have tried the following boot.ini and I get the choices during startup and when I choose XP Pro, it boots just fine. However when I choose Server 2003, nothing happens. Any ideas? Below is my current boot.ini configuration.

Thanks in advance!

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows Server 2003" /fastdetect
Yes, the os's are on seperate Hard Drives. Is the problem with the switches?
I'm stumped on this one.

Relevancy 82.13%

hello all!
I did a partition on my hard drive and i want to install on it windows server 2003 x64.
I have installed windows 7 ultimate x32 as my basic os.
What I need to do? I just change the boot from the hd to my dvd and then install the windows or i need something else?
there is also any software like boot manager or something else i need to have?
please write back as soon as possibe
Thnx!

A:dual boot win7 and win server 2003

please guys, i need to know...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dual-boot-win7-and-win-server-2003-a-573279.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have Windows Vista installed in my laptop. I have an image of Windows server 2003 saved in my external drive. What I want to do is to create a partition in my laptop hard drive and install the windows Server 2003 image in that partition.

Question is,
1. Will I get dual boot options when I start my laptop?
2. Will copying Windows Server 2003 image (containing boot record) overwrite my Windows Vista boot record, and screw up windows Vista bootup?
3. How to accomplish dual boot of Windows Vista and Windows Server 2003?

A:Dual boot - Vista/Server 2003

Hi-

Is this an install image? If so, it will overwrite Vista's boot loader and render Vista unbootable. Do you have a Vista Install disk or recovery disk? as with that you could use the command prompt to correct the mbr.

Regards,

Mark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dual-boot-vista-server-2003-a-550091.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I tried to install Windows 2003 in a dual boot configuration with Windows XP. I could not complete the installation. How do I uninstall Server2003 again. I looked everywhere for the uninstall info, but could not find it.

A:Uninstall Server 2003 from a Dual Boot

Have you tried reformatting the partion that you installed Server 2003 on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstall-server-2003-from-a-dual-boot.482649/
Relevancy 82.13%

Tried the search but didn't come up with anything for these two. I am wondering if I'm in for any surprises. I'm gonna dual boot XP pro and 2003 ent. server with 2003 on it's own hard drive. I'm a student and get OS's for free to study and play with incase anybody is wondering.

Whoo-hoo! First post!

Relevancy 81.7%

Hi All,

Just after a bit of advice, my girlfriend has recently got a new laptop and unfortunately she doesn't like it, despite me loving Windows 8.1.
She would like to try Windows 8 but is going back to Uni soon so would like Windows 7 as a back-up dual booted.

I've shrunk the partition and created a simple partition for Windows 7 but really unsure about Installing Windows 7 on a Windows 8 Laptop, it's an ASUS X550CA-XX417H. I've checked power shell with SecureBootUEFI and result is True.

What would be the best way to dual boot?

Cheers,
Ben

A:Dual Booting Windows 7 with pre-installed Windows 8 Laptop

As this a OEM manufacturer's PC with Pre-installed Windows 8?

1) Downgrade to Windows 7.
Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7
Warning you must have the UEFI/BIOS firmware setting in Step Three set.

Make sure you read the NOTE at Step three.

2) If Using a USB Pen drive on a PC with a UEFI BIOS.
USB Pen drive need to be formatted to FAT32 as in
UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows
Take note of Step 11 for Windows 7.
Also you will need to use a USB 2.0 port, as there are no USB 3.0 drivers in Windows 7.

You will need to buy Windows 7.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/37995-dual-booting-windows-7-pre-installed-windows-8-laptop.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello,

I have a dual boot machine with Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008. I have Windows Defender version 1.1.1600.1 for WinServer and McAffee for Windows 7. Recently I have been having some trouble with McAffee. Will Windows Defender provide protection for both OS's or do I need to continue to troubleshoot the McAffee issue?

Thanks,
Scott

A:AntiVirus for Dual Boot System -Windows 7/Windows Server 2008

Windows Defender will only run when the OS it is installed on is running.
So, for you it will only run when you boot up Windows Server.

Windows Defender is not an Anti Virus program.
It is Anti Malware and intended to run alongside a real-time Anti Virus program.

You might consider un-installing McAffe and using a different A/V such as Microsoft Security Essentials, Avast, etc...

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/255983-antivirus-dual-boot-system-windows-7-windows-server-2008-a.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I have Windows 7 premium in my Laptop, i urgently need Windows XP installed as i have some software that only run in XP, some PLC software only run in XP platform.. no way except installing XP
I'd like to install windows XP in another partition in my hard disk , so i can have 2 dual boot..
Wen i start doing this , the process going and computer boots form the CD and in one stage i get blue screen that does not allow me to complete the installation ..
is there any help would be highly appreciated

A:Windows XP installation as dual boot with Windows 7 Home Premium

The ancient XP CD doesn't have modern SATA drivers so can't see your hard drive. Easiest solution is to virtualize XP in Win7 using freeware like VMWare or Virtual Box.

The only way to insert the SATA driver if you can find it for your SATA controller if you still have a floppy drive SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot or you can try slipstreaming in the XP CDr: SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD.

Then shrink the C partition, boot XP CD to create and full format the partition in the shrink space, install there. Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/328881-windows-xp-installation-dual-boot-windows-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hey guys i have 2 sata hard drives and i need to know how to duel boot windows xp home with windows server 2003?

A:Solved: Dule boot windows 2003 server with windows xp home on 2 SATA hard drives?????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dule-boot-windows-2003-server-with-windows-xp-home-on-2-sata-hard-drives.732903/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello all, this is my first post on sevenforums. Though I've referred to sevenforums many a times, never registered because I always found similar questions posted by others.

Anyways, I'm preparing to dual boot my Windows 7 machine(already installed) with Windows Server 2008. I've discovered that booting from VHD is a great option and I found all the commands for it online. But before I do it, just want to make I'm doing it the right way.

Two of the commands for creating a VHD is:

Code:
CREATE VDISK FILE=c:\windows7rc.vhd MAXIMUM=200000 TYPE=EXPANDABLE
SELECT VDISK FILE=c:\windows7rc.vhd
I am not sure what does "c:\" in the command indicate.

I've attached a screen shot of my existing partitions. I have a partition of 97.66 GB which is unallocated on which I'd like to install Server 2008.

My question is do I need to change anything in the above command?

Thanks in advance.

A:Clarification regarding dual boot of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008

Hi, if anyone could please help me clarify this doubt, I'd be really grateful. Waiting for a confirmation to proceed with the installation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/275500-clarification-regarding-dual-boot-windows-7-windows-server-2008-a.html
Relevancy 81.27%

My situation is usually the opposite of what I've found online. I upgraded to Win 10 and I'm quite comfortable with it, the problem is that a critical application for my job does not work with this platform. As I have space, my preferred option is to dual boot with Win 10 and Win 8.1 on the system. Please guide me on how to go ahead with this endeavor.This is quite an urgent requirement so I'd appreciate help.

A:Dual boot Windows 10 and Win 8.1 with Win 10 installed

The M$ article:http://tinyurl.com/p79786jand another approach..http://www.howtogeek.com/197647/how...If wishing to play or otherwise with win-10 I would be inclined to do on its own computer, or go the dual boot path.And... if dual booting... first ensure "all" data is safely duplicated/copied elsewhere - typically DVD, but an external hard drive (or NAS) too is nice(r) - just in-case...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/dual-boot-windows-10-and-win-81-with-win-10-installed/144.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have and dual boot 1st How can installed) Windows 7 I have (8.1 8.1 already How can I have Windows 7 and 8.1 dual boot (8.1 1st installed) seen steps to do this on this forum when Windows is on the machine first but this does not fit my situation as I will soon convert my Windows to Windows because I don't want it to be OEM any more so I can transfer my whole system over to a new pc in the future via image backup I also have a full version of Windows Once I upgrade OEM Windows to Windows how can I used the full version of Windows to create a dual boot Is upgrading Windows to Windows likely to cause any problems According to the test program the only issue is Skyrim won't work any more And I saw online a Windows driver for my printer PS I would want both operating systems to be on their own separate partition FURTHER INFORMATION THAT MAY BE OF INTEREST I tried upgrading Windows OEM to Windows full version but it did not work so I reverted to my image backup to make my pc same as it was before So instead I am wanting a dual boot with Windows and Thanks for reading my post

A:How can I have Windows 7 and 8.1 dual boot (8.1 1st installed)

Hello and welcome winuserd have a look at this Dual Boot Installation - Windows 8 and Windows 7 or Vista it might give you an idea on what to do.
It is from the 8 forum's site (a sister site to this one) - might be an idea to join up to that as well I did and I upgraded my main laptop and the Sandy Bridge from 7 to 8 then 8.1 with just an upgrade disk (the 8.1 was a free download).

Having said that I have both the 8's running in 7 mode (look) using Classic Shell as I prefer the desktop look but they are certainly faster than my other 7 machines.

PS I forgot to say I cloned the 7 to new drives before I upgraded so that I can flip the old drive back in if things go south.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/323869-how-can-i-have-windows-7-8-1-dual-boot-8-1-1st-installed.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEB C E Sony VPCEB C E updates Download updates for VPCEB C E It had Windows home premium x on it and installed xp W7 Windows first. with 7 dual boot Cannot but the hard drive went bust and I Cannot dual boot xp and Windows 7 with W7 installed first. lost everything I own a Windows professional x cd and license which I used as my laptop did not come with cds I would like to play some old games which do not run correctly in quot xp mode quot Anyway back on track a week ago I attempted to dual boot it using the excellent tutorial on this forum everything went fine it rebooted Cannot dual boot xp and Windows 7 with W7 installed first. and booted into xp x I have slipstreamed my SATA driver and net framework x everything was looking up I tried to install easybcd but it needed net framework my VAIO is capable of running xp because at the Cannot dual boot xp and Windows 7 with W7 installed first. above link it gives me the correct SATA driver and a utility to create a cd with the correct drivers for my software at this point I had no internet so I shut down the laptop and ran easybcd from windows I ran easybcd v and foolowed the guide once done I moved a few files across to the windows xp partition drivers mainly I had not spare cds so I used total mounter to mount a virtual RW cd drive I then rebooted the computer and selected Windows XP from the boot menu and it complained about ntoskrnl exe being invalid I sorted this out and since then it has suffered from a BSOD B I have wiped the data on it and installed xp but it would move the files onto the disk and and reboot into the BSOD To get rid of this I had to change the boot drive in W from the system reserved partition to my main C drive i then deleted the system reserved partition and now it will boot into win and complete the installation of xp but once the laptop reboots after installation to boot xp for the first time I am met with a BSOD again B I am literally stuck I have searched and searched for answers to this problem I have tried many things but they all end in that BSOD after installation I know I have the correct driver because it worked the very first time I have tried burning a second copy of the xp installation but there is no difference If I select safe mode is BSOD's at acpitabl dat my research has told me that it is due to an incorrect driver which cannot be the case because it has worked before I have a feeling it is something to do with easybcd Is there an easy way to undo what it has done Since I ran easybcd xp BSOD's I have read about putting sata into IDE compatibility mode in the bios I cannot do that my current bios R Y does on give my the option to As I say this has been happening for a week i have searched using google and read many pages but not found a solution It would be great if someone could say quot run cmd and type 'boot xp damn you quot quot but that said it wasn't a recognised command how apt

A:Cannot dual boot xp and Windows 7 with W7 installed first.

Did you have a look at Option 2 here: Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/265202-cannot-dual-boot-xp-windows-7-w7-installed-first.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I currently have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit installed on my SATA 1TB HDD. I also have an IDE 250GB HDD onto which I've installed Windows XP Professional 32-bit. Using DualBootPro,I was able to get Windows 7 to boot correctly, however XP now gives me the error:

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<Windows root>\system32\hal.dll
Please re-install a copy of the above file."

I have Googled the heck out of this problem and tried a number of fixes that have not worked:

I tried replacing the hal.dll file with the one from the XP install disc.
I tried rebuilding the boot.ini file.
I tried adding Windows XP boot info to the windows 7 bootloader.

My bcdedit output in command prompt can be viewed on the Untitled-1.jpg attached.

I am fairly experienced in dealing with some of this stuff but I'm stumped. Please help!

A:Dual boot XP with windows 7 already installed

Hello, welcome!
It is unlikely you are really missing hal.dll. What is most likely happening is that XP is looking at the wrong place to boot from. You were on the right track rebuilding the boot.ini file, but perhaps you need to go farther. The fact that you are getting that message means nothing is wrong with the MBR.
What you need to do it manually edit your boot.ini file. Rembember that the drive/partition numbering starts at 0. I have attached a sample boot.ini file for you to look at. Your problem is probably the drive number.
boot.ini.txt

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/46424-dual-boot-xp-windows-7-already-installed.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I need to run a Carestream driver for RVG 6500, a dental imaging sensor, and install an intra-oral camera by Runyes. I am currently using Windows 8.1 that came pre-installed on my HP Ultrabook, and even though I like the operating system, it does not install the applications I mentioned above

I would really appreciate if someone could help me resolve this issue.

Things I have Already Tried in Vain
PC Settings>Updates and Recovery>Recovery>Advanced Startup>Advanced Settings>Enable Unsigned DriversOracle Virtual Machine: The wireless network adapter for the RVG 6500 system cannot be configured in the virtual machine as it fails to provide the appropriate network driversDual boot with Windows Vista: Fails to read the hard drive for installation and does not install on portable drive

A:Dual Boot on pre-installed windows 8

Look at this thread. It's short and I think it'll give you the info you need.

Dual Booting Windows 7 with Windows 8 Pre-Installed UEFI

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/35179-dual-boot-pre-installed-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi My installation was FAILED i have windows xp bit pre-installed in C drive I was trying to install DUAL BOOT xp with Windows in D drive NTFS using ISO image file of Windows bit ultimate present in my HHD i mounted the ISO file of windows with the help of Virtual drive The installation started normally but in the FINAL step Finalizing installation when system restarts to perform configuration etc but instead (pre 64 bit Windows 32 7 dual with boot Xp bit installed) of that i got message quot Failed to install windows and rolling back changes quot Important NOTE Using virtual dvd rom i mounted and install dual boot Windows 7 64 bit with (pre installed) Xp 32 bit Windows quot bit quot all right There was NO problem at all of dual booting windows xp bit and windows bit on the same hard disk on different drives so my question is Windows bit cant be dual boot with pre loaded Xp bit or tell me how to do it please i got gb ddr ram and i want to run bit dual boot Windows 7 64 bit with (pre installed) Xp 32 bit OS windows to utilize it maximum My system info Dell OptiPlex GX ghz gb ram ATI HD- mb Hard disk space on D Drive is GB

A:dual boot Windows 7 64 bit with (pre installed) Xp 32 bit

One of Brink's great tutorials to get your teeth into: Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/175846-dual-boot-windows-7-64-bit-pre-installed-xp-32-bit.html
Relevancy 81.27%

hi,

i hav a sytem with vista pre installed on it. I wanted to install sever 2003 on the same hard drive but another partition. i created the partition but once i finished the installation, system cannot locate vista any more. i know that vista got a different boot manger which causes the problem. But is there any way i could get around so that i can have server 2003 and vista on dual boot mode?

thanks in advance,

newbee

A:dual boot server 2003 on vista system

you could use a os selctor like acronis os selector or Use the BCDEdit (Vista/Longhorn) utility or check out www.pro-networks.org
for "Vista Boot Pro 3.3".

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/232608-dual-boot-server-2003-vista-system.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have a brand new Dell XPS 8700 with windows 7 pro installed. I am trying to install windows XP pro to be able to dual boot. I have already succesfuly set up new partition and am having trouble with the XP install. After a little while into the installation I get the following message "file acpi.sys is corrupted" and the installation ends and windows 7 reboots. I have done research online and haven't been able to find a specific solution to this error message. I have been given several links to dual booting instructions and none of them include this specific error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Relevancy 80.41%

Hi All Recently I installed Windows Pro on my system in a SSD after a few weeks I noticed that the OS Windows later) Installed & 7 7 (With 8 Windows Dual Boot isn't compatible with certain programs I use so I wanted to install Windows Home Premium alongside it Since I don't really want to clean install after installing I installed onto a separate HDD within my case I've now got to the stage of the black background white Dual Boot Windows 7 & 8 (With Windows 7 Installed later) text boot menu which shows Windows and Windows but whenever I select Windows it just reboots the PC back to the Boot Splash screen Bios Post screen I've repaired the install with Windows discs and with Windows discs and neither seemed to help I've used EasyBCD installed on Windows to create the boot menu and that doesn't help anything either When Dual Boot Windows 7 & 8 (With Windows 7 Installed later) in Windows the Drive letters are such C is Windows W is Windows Short of clean installing I really don't know quite what to do Any suggestions Before it is asked that drives have been in that case since I built it and not moved from a seperate machine Thank you for your help

A:Dual Boot Windows 7 & 8 (With Windows 7 Installed later)

Welcome to EightForums.

Can you post a screen shot of Disk management from Windows 8?

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Eight Forums
For better help with problems, Can you post your specs.

Filling out System Specs - Windows 7 Forums

System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/14296-dual-boot-windows-7-8-windows-7-installed-later.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hii I have some problem regarding Windows and XP dual boot I have first installed Windows in C Drive after that I made more partitions in the remaining space After which I installed Windows XP Pro in F Drive which was successfully installed making Windows Boot Option Obselete while booting I mean to say that when ever I start my system it starts with Windows XP as default without giving any option for Windows After which Issue:Windows First) 7 XP and 7 boot(Win installed dual I made several try to make my Window to Boot but not succeed I have tried The Boot ini file changed manually of F Drive i e of XP as st Try boot loader timeout default multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS operating systems multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Microsoft Windows quot noexecute optin fastdetect multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Microsoft Windows XP Professional quot noexecute optin fastdetect nd Try boot loader timeout default multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS operating systems multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Microsoft Windows Issue:Windows 7 and XP dual boot(Win 7 installed First) quot noexecute optin fastdetect multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Microsoft Windows XP Professional quot noexecute optin fastdetect With all these efforts I got the Screen with both options for Windows as well as for Windows XP while Boot but unable to Boot with Windows where as from here I can choose the Windows XP and start Please suggest Sumit Rastogi

A:Issue:Windows 7 and XP dual boot(Win 7 installed First)

Welcome to SF!

No problem at all. First, mark your Windows 7 partition as active.

Then, run a startup repair on Windows 7.

That will make the default boot entry 7's boot loader, and XP will be inaccessible. To fix that, add XP manually to 7's boot loader using EasyBCD 2.0. You will need to register with a free account in order to download.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/81270-issue-windows-7-xp-dual-boot-win-7-installed-first.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello I'm new here.

I had Windows 7 on my hard drive and I partitioned it using the partition tool built into windows. I installed Windows XP afterwards and now when I got to My Computer > Properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery > Settings (while I'm in Windows XP) under default operating system it only shows Windows XP.

After I partitioned the drive for 7GB I installed Windows XP on the new partitioned drive known as E drive, I still see C drive in my computer, and all the files and programs I had on Windows 7!!

How do I get back to Windows 7!!
Please please tell me I didn't installed over it!!

A:Dual-Boot: Windows only showing One OS Installed! HELP!

If you use the windows partition tool it deletes the hard drive... so I don't understand what happened here.

Assuming then that you used a partition tool that doesn't delete the hard drive then check your disc drive. Does it have a disc in it?

A third thing is this: you partitioned it but the drive you intended to install xp on was too small, so the installer by default selected the bigger one and you accidently installed xp over windows 7.

I really don't understand what you are saying. Those are three posibilities from what I get out of this post. please rewrite it so we can narrow down what happened.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/72349-dual-boot-windows-only-showing-one-os-installed-help.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I used to have a computer with Windows XP on which I could use Microsoft Works 2002 "Picture It 7". I now have a laptop with Windows 7 which does not have Microsoft Picture It and I believe that application was discontinued. I still have the old software but cannot use it with Windows 7 only with Windows XP. I would like to do the dual boot installation but would like to know if there is any danger of losing programs when interchanging the 2 operating systems?

A:Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

You can upgrade to Windows 7 Professional and download XP mode.
Windows XP Mode - Microsoft Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306898-dual-boot-installation-windows-7-xp.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I am building a new machine with an ASUS Z -C motherboard Intel Z Express chipset Intel Core i - CPU and a WD GB Black HDD I want to partition the HDD into primary partitions and load XP SP bit on one and bit on the other to create a dual boot machine I have read numerous articles in the forum and elsewhere and the general consensus seems to be that I need to install XP first and then install Yes No Issues I might need to address with that My concerns are over the controversy surrounding IDE vs ACHI and how to get XP to acknowledge and work with ACHI defined drives What drivers if any might be needed to make this happen If I use the XP install to partition my HDD will that create issues for This is not my first build but it is my first attempt to create a dual boot machine Thanks in advance for all assistance

A:Windows 7 & XP Dual Boot Installation

Your best bet is to run do under free virtual box as a virtual PC that say you don't need to mess with booting etc and it's safer you just install 7 install virtual box install xp

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/399287-windows-7-xp-dual-boot-installation.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello I'll give the quot cent version quot of my situation I have a dual-boot system XP on mechanical HDD Win Pro on SSD Recently I had a series on infections damage my XP installation irrepairably and it is now time to move everything over to I've just purchased a larger SSD to accomodate all of my programs and I'll need to re-install Win on the new SSD BTW by quot all of my programs quot I am referring to latest builds Win compatible applications i e Corel X First will I be able to re-install Win Pro OEM disc on the new SSD without issue same PC - new SSD My BIOS is set up as AHCI for the SSD 7/64 of Re-installation on Windows Dual SSD from Boot and I am given the option to select Win default or an older operating system XP - this was for the dual boot set-up For now I will keep the dual boot configuration as I can still log Re-installation of Windows 7/64 on SSD from Dual Boot on to XP in safe mode and transfer old data to external E-sata back up My second question Re-installation of Windows 7/64 on SSD from Dual Boot is once I physically swap out the larger SSD how do I prompt the system to install Windows from the CD-ROM drive onto the new SSD Any advice is Re-installation of Windows 7/64 on SSD from Dual Boot greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Movick

A:Re-installation of Windows 7/64 on SSD from Dual Boot

Hi Movick

If you're installing Windows 7 to the new SSD drive make sure only that drive is plugged in. Unplug the XP drive and the smaller SSD . What are you going to do with the smaller SSD drive that has Windows 7 Pro already? You may want to uninstall it from that drive before you could use the key on the new SSD .

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/285801-re-installation-windows-7-64-ssd-dual-boot.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Dear Sirs, I have tried to install Ubuntu 16.04 and Ubuntu 12.04.5 on my Windows 10 (pre-installed) HP Envy 15AH. Even if I try to run the LiveCD, the LiveCD's hang, and the installed Ubuntu crashes or hangs. I have also tried a LIveCD of Fedora, and the same things happen. I have checked that Ubuntu should be suitable for UEFI installation, and I cannot see why even the LiveCDs hang. How can I get an good installation of (ideally 12.04.5) to work on the laptop? I contacted the company I bought the laptop from - having paid extra for support - and they said I should ask you! Many thanks for your help. Yours faithfully, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-install-dual-boot-Windows-10-pre-installed-and-Ubuntu/td-p/5614511
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi

My pc info -

AMD Athlon(tm) 5150 APU with Radeon(tm) R3

Motherboard Gigabyte AM1M-S2H
Northbridge AMD K16 IMC rev. 00
Southbridge AMD Kabini FCH rev. 7.2
Graphic Interface PCI-Express
Memory Type DDR3
Memory Size 4 GBytes

Windows Version Microsoft Windows 7 (6.1) Professional 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)

DMI BIOS
vendor American Megatrends Inc.
version F2
date 06/20/2014

Hi

I have windows 7 installed on c drive.

I would like to dual boot with winxp.

I slipstreamed with AHCI driver.

When the windows xp installation menu loads to partition choosing page.

It shows my whole HDD as one partition.

The partition is like - Partition1 Unknown.

WinXP is not able to read the hard drive partition.

How can I fix this ?

Thanks and Regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/392657-dual-boot-windows-7-already-installed-win-xp-partition-unknown.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I am writing this on another computer I can assure you that I have 7 Windows installed Dual-boot, computer on a with with XP Problem never found myself in this kind of frustration when it comes to computers I have a computer which has Windows installed on it I have some old games and applications I've always wanted to use but couldn't because of compatibility issues I decided to follow a tutorial here on this forum to install Windows XP using dual boot Now my computer has two internal Problem with Dual-boot, installed XP on a computer with Windows 7 drives An SSD of GB with Windows on it and a TB drive which I split into two Problem with Dual-boot, installed XP on a computer with Windows 7 partitions in order to be able to install Windows XP I have also supposedly slipstreamed the Problem with Dual-boot, installed XP on a computer with Windows 7 drivers into the installation All went fine in the setup until it had to restart It restarted and I was greeted by the Windows XP Pro loading screen I was proud of myself that I had managed to do it oh wait only seconds passed and this beast BSOD pops up Error code x B I tried to restart again and noticed I am stuck on Windows XP now something that has to do with the bootloader from what I've read I tried inserting the Windows OEM disk and performed a repair used the bootrec commands Kept saying no element found made the partition active using diskpart searched for COUNTLESS hours on the internet maybe something on some forum could be of some help nothing And finally MY WORST MISTAKE was deleting the partition I quot installed quot Windows XP on When I try to boot I'm now stuck with Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem Could not read from the selected boot disk Check boot path and disk hardware Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for addition information I tried using diskpart to change the drive letters back to the original ones nothing I think that this message I'm getting is coming from XP I need some REAL help with this How to get back to Windows Are my files safe Will using an adapter to connect the harddrive as a USB to another computer get me back my files I've done a backup but I forgot that some more up to date files are in my GB SSD drive I am in some real trouble and need some help ASAP I know how to format but I would like to keep that as a LAST resort Thanks

A:Problem with Dual-boot, installed XP on a computer with Windows 7

If you have separate hard drives then you should have unplugged the Win7 SSD to install XP on the other hard drive so this could not happen. Then boot your choice via the BIOS.

Now unplug all other drives and peripherals besides the Win7 SSD, confirm the 100mb System Reserved (if you have it) or the Win7 partition (if you don't) is Partition Marked Active,

Then run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times until Win7 starts.

If you want to install XP, unplug all other drives except the drive you want it installed upon. Using the XP CD, I would delete its partition, create and full format new to make sure you have the XP partition table.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/374282-problem-dual-boot-installed-xp-computer-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I am using Windows 8.1. I have an Acer Aspire V5-571P computer with Windows 8.1 pre-installed. I want to install my licensed copy of Windows 7 Professional on it as a dual boot to dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. I have seen that it can be done, but I cannot figure out how to correctly do it. I have already had to re-install Windows 8.1 once from a USB Recovery drive which was not fun. So can someone help me out with this? I'd really like to learn how to do it and get it done. I love windows 7 Pro but I can't figure out how to do it.

I have already turned off secure boot in bios. However, UEFI mode is still active vs legacy bios which is the other mode I have.

A:Dual Boot Acer Aspire V5 with Windows 8.1 Pre-installed

You will need both Windows 7 x64 & Windows 8/8.1 installed in Legacy mode.

On some Acer, Gateway, P. Bell, Windows 7 x64 will not install in UEFI mode.

Windows 8 Desktops - How to Disable Secure Boot - YouTube

Enabling the boot device menu

Originally Posted by Acer

On most Acer systems, you can use the F12 key on boot to select the drive or network from which loading the operating system. In case the F12 option does not work, you may need to enable this function.

SOLUTION

Enabling the F12 function:

1.Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press the F2 key, or the DEL key if you have a desktop, to enter the BIOS.
2.Press the right arrow key to select Main.
3.Use the arrow keys to navigate to F12 Boot Menu, and press ENTER.
4.Select Enabled, and press ENTER.
5.Press the F10 key to save changes and restart the system.

How to Enable or Disable Secure Boot

Originally Posted by Acer

This article only applies to: Windows 8 Desktops

Bootable media from previous versions of Windows may not be recognized in Windows 8. You can change the Secure Boot setting and it should recognize the bootable device.

Use the following steps to change Secure Boot:

1.Completely shut down your computer.
2.Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press Delete to enter the BIOS.
3.Use the right arrow key to select Authentication.
4.With Secure Boot highlighted, press Enter and then the down arrow to select Disabled.
5.Use the right arrow key to select Boot Options.
6.With Launch CSM highlighted, press Enter and use the down arrow to select Always.
7.Press Enter.
8.Press the F10 key to save changes and restart the system

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/44518-dual-boot-acer-aspire-v5-windows-8-1-pre-installed.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello, EightForums members.

Currently, I'm downloading Windows Server 2012 (or "8" however).

I want to dual-boot Windows 7 Ultimate - 64bit version and Server 2012 RC.

Can I do it ?
if (answer == yes)
Can I use this tutorial : Dual Boot Installation - Windows 8 and Windows 7 or Vista ?
if (answer == yes)
Can I use 6.c) option , installing from ISO ?

And small edit : Did anyone tried this Server ?

Thanks in advance.
{Baltic}Trinty

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/7339-can-i-dual-boot-windows-7-x64-windows-8-server.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi experts.I've recently purchased HP Pavilion 17-g146cy AMD Quad-Core A6, 17.3? Touch with pre installed windows 10. I would appreciate if someone step by step guide me how to install side by side window 7 with windows 10 for dual boot as I wanna play some games like fay cry 3 etc.Thanks for help in advance.Best RegardsIrfanI've already DISABLED "Secure Boot" and ENABLE "Legacy Support" in the "BIOS Secure Boot configuration and able to start windows 7 setup. However, getting a message that window cannot be installed on drive 0 on a a GPT partitioned disk. Which I've already shrinked/created new drive.

A:Help needed - installation of dual boot Windows 7 on pre ins...

Hello, Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. I am afraid that what you require may not be possible or at least is not that easy to achieve. I just checked and your computer does not officially support Windows 7. It seems to me that HP doesn't recommend the installation of Windows 7 on this computer and on a consumer computer shipped with Windows 10, nor will it support the installation of Windows 7 - just in case you have some issues, you may be asked to update to Win 10.  I just checked and there are no drivers officially for the hardware in the computer for Windows 7. Also, Windows 7 may not support some of the hardware or software features designed for the computer (e.g. Win 7 touch support is not that good as in Windows 8 and 10). Please, for more information, please refer to these articles and threads: >> http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Clean-Install-Windows-7-with-UEF...>> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/windows-cannot-be-install...>> http://www.disk-partition.com/articles/selected-disk-is-gpt-partition-style.html  It is recommended that you stick to the operating system that came originally with your computer - e.g. Windows 10.You may try with Windows 7 Virtial machine (VM) using the free Oracle VirtualBox inside Win 10 itself - not sure if this will work well for the games:>> https://www.virtualbox.org/>> http://www.howtogeek.com/196060/beginner-geek-how-to-create-and-use-virtual-machines/  Please, let me know if you have any other questions - I'd be happy to assist you !

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Help-needed-installation-of-dual-boot-Windows-7-on-pre/td-p/5665140
Relevancy 79.12%

I have two hard drives on my computer, one for my OS and apps (C, and one for my data (D. I recently reformatted my C: drive, re-installing Windows 7. I want to set up a dual-boot system with Ubuntu 10.04.

The problem I am having is that the Ubuntu installer recognizes my D: drive but not the C:. The C: drive is currently partitioned as follows:

100 MB NTFS Primary System Reserved
449.59 GB NTFS Primary
146.48 GB Unallocated

I have searched all over the net for answers, but none of the solutions I have found work.

Any thoughts?

A:Can't Get a Dual-Boot Windows 7/Ubuntu Installation Going

You say, you have two HD Drive, therefore you have a Disk0 & a Disk1.

When installing Linux
1) Remove Disk0 with Windows 7.
2) Install Linux to Disk1
3) Replace Disk0.
4) Use the one time boot menu to boot the OS's.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/183248-cant-get-dual-boot-windows-7-ubuntu-installation-going.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello,

at the moment I got two Windows 7 installations on a single hard drive. A W7 Ultimate x64 for my office applications and a seperated W7 Home Premium x64 for all of my games.

W7 Ultimate is on the first partition (C:\) and Home Premium is on the 2nd partition - it was installed from within Ultimate so it has the drive letter D:\.

I now want to move the second installation to a new harddrive. This would have been an easy task with the goold old boot.ini - just editing the disk and partition number (example: multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP") to suite the new situation after moving the content of partition 2 to the second harddrive.

Is there a similar command for the bcdedit to just change to target of the bootloader for Home Premium from disk(0) partition(2) to disk(1) partition(1)?

Thanks for hints.
Cheers Bill

A:Windows 7 Dual Boot / Move one installation / BCD?

Do you want to create a dual boot menu where each HD is dependent on the other with first-installed holding the MBR and second-installed holding the boot files? This is harder to extricate.

A much easier way is to use the BIOS Boot Menu F-key (given on first boot screen) to choose which HD you want to boot, with the default set in BIOS setup which drive is to boot first, second, etc. I would make DVD first, then Win 7 HD you visit most, then other WIn7 HD.

If this is the way you want to do it, then first make a Win7 Backup Image stored externally in case you need to start over as moving operations can fail.

Next mark Active then clone the second partition over to the new drive, or Set Active then Copy it using free Partition Wizard bootable CD. Delete the old partition.

Next unplug one HD and boot into Windows 7 DVD Repair console and run Startup Repair 3 times to repair and then rewrite the MBR.

Now unplug the other HD and repeat.

This gives you two independent drives whose boot order is controlled in BIOS, or overridden by using the F-key for Boot Menu given on the first bootup screen.

If you want an interdependent dual-boot menu please post back a screenshot so we can advise you better, using the Snipping Tool in Start Menu, attaching file using paper clip in reply box.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/44881-windows-7-dual-boot-move-one-installation-bcd.html
Relevancy 79.12%

1. I have Windows 7 (64 bit) ALREADY installed on a SINGLE hard drive.
2. I have a clean blank other SINGLE hard drive upon which I will install Windows 7 (32-bit).
3. Please understand this is TWO individual hard drives, I want an Operating System installed on each individually. (win7 on ONE, win7 on the other)
4. I'd like a boot menu to come up giving me a choice to boot to either the Win7 drive OR the Win 7 (32bit) Prof. drive.

Thank you kindly for a direct, precise response.

dcordova

A:Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and 7 on 2 separate HDD

As you dualing booting 32 bit & 64 bit, You can folow this tutorial:
Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and Vista
But you will need two license keys.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/186505-dual-boot-installation-windows-7-7-2-separate-hdd.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hey guys So i have Windows installed on my system and to create Windows Phone apps i need to install Visual Studio on Windows or higher So I've downloaded Windows as an ISO-file and created a partition for it I shrinked my D volume and created a simple volume see attachment The Samsung Volume is my External Harddisk so do not pay attention to 7 8.1 problem. installation Windows boot dual that Anyway when i start the installation i cannot select the volume I've created It gives me a error saying that quot Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space The partition contains one or more dynamic volumes that are not supported for installation quot So Windows 7 dual boot 8.1 installation problem. i went back to Disk Management and noticed that all my Volumes in fact my whole Disk is a Dynamic drive What do i do now I need Windows so i wanted it to install it as a dual boot even though i am not a fan of Windows Thank you in advance

A:Windows 7 dual boot 8.1 installation problem.

Apparently you failed to notice when trying to create a new Primary partition in Disk Mgmt that it warned that you already had reached the limit of four and were converting the disk to Dynamic, except for the Recovery partition which is protected. The solution to convert it back non-destructively is to use Option One of Convert a Dynamic Disk to a Basic Disk.

Since you can have a total of four Primary partitions or three Primary and unlimited contiguous (adjacent) Logical, what I would then do is convert D to a Logical Partition following How to set partition as Primary or Logical with Partition Wizard so that you can add as many adjacent Logicals as you want using Partition Wizard Create Partition - Video Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/355903-windows-7-dual-boot-8-1-installation-problem.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi,

I tried installing windows xp on my dell laptop running windows 7.The installation started but soon i got the error message
"setup is stopping to prevent any damage to your computer.check your hard drive to make sure its configured properly.run sfc on your hard drive etc etc

STOP:0x00000007(0XF78D2524,0X000000034)"

Is it coz i have to install drivers for my SATA hard drive so xp can recognise it or is problem something different???

btw my windows 7 is running normal without any problems and i am trying to install xp in another partition on my internal HDD.

thanks in advance

A:dual boot windows 7 and xp installation problem

1. On start up press F2 OR DEL to enter BIOS.
2. Expand the "Hard Drives" section.
3. Go to "SATA Operation"
4. Change this from "RAID Auto/AHCI" to "RAID Auto/ATA".
Your system's BIOS might be slightly different .

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/149065-dual-boot-windows-7-xp-installation-problem.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi
I have a sony vaio vpcyb3v1e. I have windows 8.1 installed and i tried using a bootable usb to install as multi boot, the xp black edition on a separate partition. After doing that i couldn't be able to login in the windows 8.1 OS. I got the message Load needed DLLS for kernel.
Any help?

A:Problem after xp installation for dual boot with windows 8

Set the UEFI/BIOS firmware to LEGACY OS boot & Secure Boot DISABLED, see if LEGACY Windows will boot.
with win 8.1 DVD choose automatic repair

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/50892-problem-after-xp-installation-dual-boot-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,

I have a windows 2003 system wich is not booting anymore.
The system was working well, till the guy tried to install windows 2003 server over the old system for some reason. Installation that he interrupted because he had no driver disk for the raid. He then tried to deactivate the hardware raid to proceed the installation.

No installation has been done but when the systems starts up I see the following message.

"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media..."

What does this tell me about the status of the disk(s) ? could it be an mbr problem ? Is there an easy way to solve it with fixmbr maybe ?

thank you

A:Windows 2003 Server boot problem

Uhm.. Deactivate the hardware RAID?!!! Depending on how far this other guy got, at worst your hard drive contents may have been wiped!

You should reactivate this hardware RAID. (Not sure of you can do this without destroying any data).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2003-server-boot-problem.74534/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi I recently replaced an old disk with a Server Windows and problem 2003 XP boot new one In this process I have lost the ability to boot to my Win k installation Before installing the new disk my setup was like this First Disk pri master G partition Second Disk sec master G partitions x G The First Disk had Win ME installed on it while the second disk s first partition had Win Windows XP and Server 2003 boot problem k server installed Now I replaced the First Disk and my new setup is like this First Disk pri master G partitions - G G G Second Disk sec master G partitions x G After replacing the Windows XP and Server 2003 boot problem disk I thought it would be a good idea to run WinXP on the new drive so I installed WinXP so now First Disk s first partition contains Win XP while the rest partitions dont contain anything The Second Disk still contains my Win k setup The problem is that Win XP didn t detect Win k install during installation and so I didnt get the option of Win k at boot up So I modified my boot ini to reflect the presence of Win k but it didn t help Here is my boot ini Code boot loader timeout default multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS operating systems multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Microsoft Windows XP Professional quot fastdetect multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Windows Server Enterprise quot fastdetect I have modified it so that it contains the entry for Win k installation But I am still not able to boot Win k Is the path correct Does it reflect the Windows XP and Server 2003 boot problem geometry of the disk correctly Here is the boot ini from my previous install I doubt it will be of any use but nonetheless Code boot loader timeout default multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS operating systems multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Windows Server Enterprise quot fastdetect C quot Microsoft Windows quot How do i proceed I have already ran fixboot on both C and D but to no avail Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Windows XP and Server 2003 boot problem

no ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-and-server-2003-boot-problem.505579/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a newer Lenovo laptop with a factory Windows 7 installation in partition a and Ubuntu 12.10 installed from ISO in partition b. The dual boot manager came from the Ubuntu installation and there is lots of remaining disk space.

I'd like to add Windows 8 to the boot menu, or failing that I'd like to upgrade my existing Windows 7 installation to Windows 8 while preserving the Windows / Ubuntu dual boot.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Tq,

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/15049-windows-8-installation-upgrade-into-existing-dual-boot.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hey all! Yesterday, I used a partitioning program to make a 50 GB partition, which I planned to install Windows XP (32 bit) Home Edition on. The partitioning went well, and when I tried to install xp on the new partition, everything is normal, but after it loads drivers and other files, I got the blue screen of death and the following error message: STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000). My computer specs are as followed: http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/toshiba-sa...5.html?tag=psum . If anyone can help me, it would be most appreciated. Thanks! -ConnorEDIT: Merged duplicate topic posts ~ Hamluis.

A:Dual Boot Installation with Windows XP Home Edition

What media...were you attempting to use...to install Windows?

There is no need to use any partitioning software to create a partition to install XP on.

If you were using recovery/restore disks supplied by a system manufacturer...they format as part of the recovery/restore operation.

If you were using a MS Genuine XP CD...it does it all (create/format partition, install XP).

So...I would suggest you delete your created partition and try again.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318473/dual-boot-installation-with-windows-xp-home-edition/
Relevancy 78.26%

Until a week ago I used to have an asus p q se with two installation of the same os on two different physical drives giving me a dual boot dual ultimate installation unable to 64 2 of 7 windows win ultimate boot One for gaming the other for my daws But I killed it after it ate my fourth video card in two years And in case anyone asks yes I am sure that I had two installation of the same os on my computer one was on my seagate barracuda the other on one of my two WD Caviar black GB Since I changed my computer to an asus p p evo rev I am unable to install my os's like I had in the past Each time I install one on it's appropriate drive the other is unable to dual boot 2 installation of windows 7 ultimate 64 unusable unseen from the other os installation and there's no boot manager coming up when I start unable to dual boot 2 installation of windows 7 ultimate 64 the computer Help would be greatly appreciate it before I start axing this new computer

A:unable to dual boot 2 installation of windows 7 ultimate 64

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Please post a screenshot of your fully-expanded disk management layout so that we can give you better help.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/218441-unable-dual-boot-2-installation-windows-7-ultimate-64-a.html
Relevancy 78.26%

After I installed Ubuntu, when I try to start Windows, the process stops and says there is an error: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM. But I can run Ubuntu without a problem.

Is there any special step to do before install a Dual Boot system with Ubuntu?

My laptop is a Satellite C55-C-1M0.

Thank you. Regards.

A:Satellite C55-C-1M0 - Can't start Windows after Dual Boot installation

I guess the problem is due to changes of the partition size. I found some issues on google with a query ubuntu - NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM. Perhaps you should take look https://www.google.fr/search?q=ubunt...sm=93&ie=UTF-8

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90883-Satellite-C55-C-1M0-Can-t-start-Windows-after-Dual-Boot-installation
Relevancy 77.83%

I have a home based PC server that I run a personal web site on My Symantec Antivirus is reporting that 2003 Infected Server with Boot.Tidserv.B Windows it has a Master Boot Record infection of Boot Tidserv B I Windows Server 2003 Infected with Boot.Tidserv.B checked the Symantec forums and found Windows Server 2003 Infected with Boot.Tidserv.B a posting referring another user with the same infection to other sites including this one so I have follwed the trail to your forums Here s the specs System Specs Intel Pentium - Dual Core Ghz GB RAM -bit OS Windows Server Enterprise Edition SP - Automatic Updates on and up-to-date Windows Firewall on Hard Drive-related Three -TB SATA hard drives in redundant RAID- Array the third is a stand-alone used for backup If worst comes to worst I do have validated Acronis Backup amp Recovery images of entire system drive which are automatically created weekly that I can use to restore the system to I d rather just get rid of the virus if possible The system drive is the RAID- array Anti-Virus Anti-Spyware SuperAntiSpyware Professional Version - Does not detect the infection Symantec AntiVirus Corportate Edition version Virus definitions up-to-date It reports the following Risk Boot Tidserv BAction Left aloneCount Filename Master Boot Record for Physical drive number Risk Type Boot sectorOriginal Location Master Boot Record for Physical drive number Computer SERVERUser SERVER AdministratorStatus Left aloneCurrent Location Master Boot Record for Physical drive number Primary Action Clean security riskSecondary Action QuarantineLogged By Scheduled scanAction Description The file was left unchanged Date Please help Thank you much Mike D

A:Windows Server 2003 Infected with Boot.Tidserv.B

Hello.Sorry for the delay.Please try this.Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 2.3.2.2 of the tool.Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it.To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.~BladeIn your next reply, please include the following:TDSSKiller Log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375588/windows-server-2003-infected-with-boottidservb/
Relevancy 77.83%

This is my dual boot windows XP pro with Vista installed first After I done everything and step into installing drivers for sound graphic network etc on installed keep on few after Windows newly disconnect minutes XP Boot) (Dual drivers. Windows XP that has just installed So I've search on Google for compatible drivers it says Realtek E Driver Windows XP (Dual Boot) keep disconnect after few minutes on newly installed drivers. is compatible for XP for my motherboard After the installation the driver name I saw was totally different it turns into Realtek PCIe FE Famiyl Controller With this newly installed driver I always get disconnect after few minutes And I need to restart the computer modem in order to get into internet and repeat the same thing it keeps disconnect after few minutes later But before the disconnections occur the internet is really really times slow than my normal And I able to connection to skype msn online games existing country only without disconnect till I close it Then I re-open the programs back it couldn't connect And another thing is while I playing those games I alt-tab and try to surf internet browser it says not found and I still able to go through internet and play games Am I using the wrong driver I'm following the driver that what supports my motherboard Motherboard model GCT-HM Compatible Drivers Realtek e Computer Retailer HP OS Installed on Motherboard Vista OS Installed on Motherboard Dual Boot Vista Original XP nd OS Reference OS XP Isn't I'm using the wrong driver or my computer has gone wrong I don't think so because it's just installed XP I've been tried drivers The first one I was trying Realtek RTL x and it also the same problem occur on my dual boot XP So I've uninstalled the previous one and install this Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller but still the same Nothing get fix Hope could solve my problems Thanks a million

A:Windows XP (Dual Boot) keep disconnect after few minutes on newly installed drivers.

What is the exact model number of the HP system?

Look on bottom label if laptop; label on back if desktop.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-xp-dual-boot-keep-disconnect-after-few-minutes-on-newly-installed-drivers-539947.html
Relevancy 77.83%

i have win 7 and it is working fine with lots of programs, paid and free and many without discs etc.
i expect to set up a dual boot ... win 7 and win 10
i have never created a dual boot before and i'm not a "techy"

#1 can the win 10 find what ever it needs and run the "installed" win 7 programs?

#2 should i just plod along with the win 10 and gradually download and install programs on win 10 while using win 7 for most of my work until i get most of the programs running in win 10?
i can't afford to buy a bunch more programs and i'm getting too old to just jump in and find and download/install a bunch of programs all at once

#3 how will auto updates of windows and other programs and drivers work with the dual boot setup?

thanks for your comments/advice

A:Solved: win 10 dual boot can win 10 find and run programs installed by win 7 "Windows

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win-10-dual-boot-can-win-10-find-and-run-programs-installed-by-win-7-windows.1149945/
Relevancy 77.4%

I am having a problem accessing a network drive from my windows 2003 server to the laptop. The server has multiple folders for each account, and I am wanting to connect the laptop to an existing folder on the server. Can anyone help out?

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,
Thats what the tittle says, got a laptop that came with windows 8 pre-installed.
I really need to use windows xp, and no, virtual machine won't work with the software I'm using.
Only options I got is either get dual boot to work with xp and 8 or I'll just get rid of 8 and install xp.
Don't really want to get rid of 8 but if theres no choice...
So if someone knows how to do it, please help me out.

Thanks

A:Dual Boot XP with 8 (Laptop pre-installed 8)

I am not sure I will be able to help you, but one preliminary question--are you running under BIOS or UEFI?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/21008-dual-boot-xp-8-laptop-pre-installed-8-a.html
Relevancy 77.4%

OK I have a Dual Boot Boot Move Dual / 7 Windows BCD / installation to and new XP Win7 drive XP Win Pro desktop that Windows 7 and XP Dual Boot / Move Win7 installation to new drive / BCD my family uses A few years ago I got a legal copy Windows 7 and XP Dual Boot / Move Win7 installation to new drive / BCD of Windows Pro and I installed it on a second hard drive The intent was to get my family off of the WinXP OS eventually This computer has been dual booting fine for about years The second Hard drive is from a Raid array that was decommissioned at work Last year I got concerned that the first hard drive hard drive was Windows 7 and XP Dual Boot / Move Win7 installation to new drive / BCD years old and the second drive was also pretty old I bought a fast Barracuda TB drive and I moved the WinXP OS to a GB partion on new drive Unfortunately the GB was megabytes to small to move the Win install My wife was concerned that even Chrome is dropping support for XP I found out that Windows can resize a partition so I recently made the XP Partition smaller Now I was able to use EASEUS to move the Windows amp installation off the WD drive and into the second partition on the new drive At this point everything works So after copying the Win partition to the new drive I booted into Win on the old drive Drive administrator sees all three partitions Drive Part XP C DRIVE drive letter D Part W C DRIVE drive letter G Drive Part OLD W C DRIVE drive letter C Note Drive label re-named so I would not get confused I tried different tools to add a third entry in the boot menu pointing to the second partition of Drive The plan was once I was satisfied that the moved partition worked I would remove the entry pointing to the quot Old quot installation and remove the drive Tools quot DualBootRepair quot quot Visual BCD Editor quot Command line BCD I added the new entry and rebooted The computer crashed before displaying the boot menu I managed to quot Recover quot the installation on the quot OLD W C Drive quot I fiddled with it for many hours and now I have a boot menu with three entries Old Windows Recovered Windows XP New Windows Old Windows and Windows XP work fine However if I try to boot into quot New Windows quot I can log in it says quot Preparing your desktop quot for minutes then a little message appears in the lower right corner Windows Build This Copy of Windows is Not Genuine So I gave up for the time being That was two weeks ago I can boot into XP and Win using the original partitions I changed the default entry to boot Windows so the family gets used to Win with Classic Shell My wife is OK with that but she needs data from her XP desktop I need to get the Win installation moved so that I can run the User Transfer utility to transfer the files and be done with it I found a link on this forum that is close to what I want to do Windows Dual Boot Move one installation BCD The thing is in that post the person was trying to move a Windows installation off of the second partition of Drive and move it to the First partition of Drive I want to do exactly the opposite The Windows Not Genuine thing has me really puzzled Something I thought of but have not yet tried - Disconnect the Drive containing OLD W C DRIVE - Boot into Windows XP - Save a copy of the BCD - Run the BCD Edit tools from XP - If that does not work Boot using the Win install DVD and BCDedit from the recovery command prompt

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/395934-windows-7-xp-dual-boot-move-win7-installation-new-drive-bcd.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Tried tackling this one single-handedly to begin with and failed I have Windows and Windows Server R installed as a dual boot different partitions single HDD I want to remove the Windows partition and keep the Win I do NOT want to lose anything from the Win partition Taken from Disk Management Disk with partitions st - Healthy Primary partition MB single dual remove boot How 2008 and from Win Windows to OS 7 - Server I thought this was system reserve but its not leftover space from a previous partition change It's currently mounted and completely empty nd - Unallocated space mb rd - Windows OS Healthy - system active primary partition th - Windows Server OS Healthy - boot page file crash dump primary partition th - Unallocated space mb'ish I haven't been using Windows for years and want to clean this drives partitions up because it's messy How to remove single OS from dual boot - Windows 7 and Win Server 2008 and wasting space I just need windows server as it's been used as a server for years and that's all I need it for now I want to safely remove the windows installation and merge that partition along with the st and unallocated spaces back into a single partition where windows server resides Now I've tried tackling this myself and failed I stupidly made the windows server partition as active which killed my boot and took me forever to repair with zero loss fortunately Sadly it was as simple as using diskpart in a command prompt from win How to remove single OS from dual boot - Windows 7 and Win Server 2008 boot disk to make win partition active again So how do I do this The boot manager must be on the win partition as removing active killed it The windows boot during startup is long removed system boots directly to windows

A:How to remove single OS from dual boot - Windows 7 and Win Server 2008

boot into win7 and move the bootmgr to the win 2008 partition. It will mark that partition active as well.
Bootmgr - Move to C:\ with EasyBCD

now reboot into win 2008 and situation will be:
3rd - Windows 7 OS (Healthy - primary partition)
4th - Windows 2008 Server OS (Healthy - system,boot, page file, crash dump, active, primary partition)

Correct? If so .. now you can remove the win7 partition. And of course update the bootmenu so win7 is not in list anymore

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/263715-how-remove-single-os-dual-boot-windows-7-win-server-2008-a.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Now that we have the ability to clean install onto a pre-existing machine and then activate using the pre-existing key Created a GB partition for Booted from USB installer created today so latest version Installed into said GB partition install) Windows 10 Laptop. to a Adding dual-boot 7 Windows (clean with no reported errors Installer Adding Windows 10 dual-boot (clean install) to a Windows 7 Laptop. first reboot re-loaded the installer so removed and rebooted You'd think they would do something about this but I'm not holding Adding Windows 10 dual-boot (clean install) to a Windows 7 Laptop. my breath Also few walkthrus mention this fact Boots Windows original bootloader with no sign of the install so unable to continue on with the setup Adding Windows 10 dual-boot (clean install) to a Windows 7 Laptop. Booted into and I can see the installed partition with no drive letter obviously Assigned a drive letter and explorer shows Win files are present and what looks like a bootloader According to various sources a Win install will lay down its own bootloader and provide a dual-boot to the pre-existing o s in this case Win As a quick and dirty I used EasyBCD to create a third entry to inside the bootloader but it throws an error when trying to use that option something about not being able to verify the o s It should be noted this is an MBR arrangement a Dell machine with a separate GB OEM recovery partition containing the Win bootloader Any quot intelligent quot ideas much appreciated

A:Adding Windows 10 dual-boot (clean install) to a Windows 7 Laptop.

From an elevated ("Run as administrator") command prompt in Windows 7 try:

bcdboot e:\Windows

The path in red will be the path to the Windows 10 "Windows" folder.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/42824-adding-windows-10-dual-boot-clean-install-windows-7-laptop.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hey Bleeping Computer How is everyone tonight So I am working on Installed 7 WONT off BOOT LAPTOP disk windows 8 Windows a Samsung Laptop MOdel Number Series NP E C - A AUS My friend in my Math class Windows 8 Installed LAPTOP WONT BOOT off windows 7 disk just bought it literally days ago from Best Buy and they Windows 8 Installed LAPTOP WONT BOOT off windows 7 disk told her they would install Windows 8 Installed LAPTOP WONT BOOT off windows 7 disk any software she needed when she paid for it but when she picked it up they wouldnt without charging her extra so they flat out lied to make a sale Anyways thats besides the point so it has Windows installed and she absolutely hates Windows So I told her I could install Windows for her and all the software she needs thats easy But here is my problem PROBLEM The Samsung Laptop WILL NOT boot from disk it will not boot from any disk I have tried Windows obviously but I have also tried Puppy Linux Parted Magic Mem Soft various other bootable disks that Bleeping Computer has given me over the years I have gone into BIOS and changed the boot priority to CD drive I have messed around with the BIOS trying to get it to boot from a disk and it wont Windows boots up so damn quick I can enter Bios by hitting F at the Samsung splash screen and I can enter BIOS but I can not find a boot menu like hitting F F F F other ones I have used in the past on other machines none of them seem to work I can not get it to boot from disk It looks like I can install windows from the desktop but if it will not boot from Disk then when it restarts during install I am worried about She Hates Windows She does not want Windows at all She doesnt want to take the Laptop back to best buy because she likes the actual laptop she just wants Windows installed I am new to Windows and this is the first time I have used it as well But the laptop Samsung will not boot any disk Do you guys have any advice for me on how to get it to boot from Disk I feel the problem is deeper than just Windows and even if I could install Windows from the Desktop in the future what if for some reason she needed it to Boot from Disk The Laptop is brand new And they didnt have the one she wanted with Windows she said they really talked her into getting windows and SHE HATES IT I dont blame her From what I have seen I am not impressed with Windows either Have you guys heard of not being able to boot from disk with Windows Or is it a Samsung problem My goal is to install windows for her like she asked But its hard without being able to boot from a CD using the CD drive I hope this is in the right forum if it is not I am trully sorry and I will move to the correct forum Thank You Windows is currently installed but we want Windows

A:Windows 8 Installed LAPTOP WONT BOOT off windows 7 disk

Hey just to let you guys know the BIOS is Phoenix SecureCore Tiano. There is a setting called Secure Boot (not sure what it does exactly) but I have not changed it, the only thing I have changed is the Boot Priority menu. If this Laptop wont boot from disk I am going to tell her to return it, and then in the future boycott samsung or any laptop maker that does not give you the option to boot from disk, This does make me angry with the future of computers I am hoping for an easy fix. My poor friend, she is totally computer illiterate(does not know how to install software at all) so I am trying to be a good friend and help her out!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473915/windows-8-installed-laptop-wont-boot-off-windows-7-disk/
Relevancy 76.54%

I recently bought a Dell XPS M1210 with Vista home premium installed and I can't play any games without it being so choppy I can barely play them at all. I've heard alot of talk abot Vista being bad with games. So I'm wanting to install XP on my second logical drive, I have already downloaded VistaBoot PRO any suggestions will be appreciated.

A:Want to have XP dual boot on laptop with vista pre-installed

Have a read through the "sticky" at the start of this forum. There is quite a bit of interchange of ideas there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/want-to-have-xp-dual-boot-on-laptop-with-vista-pre-installed.608159/
Relevancy 76.11%

hi anyone can help me to uninstall windows 2008 RT server trial version from my Laptop which is having windows7 OS on another partition -Dual boot , what are steps I have to follow?

A:how to remove windows 2008 RT server trial one from dual boot win7hp

Have a look at this: Dual Boot - Delete a OS

But please follow the steps by the letter, else you may end up with no system at all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/318008-how-remove-windows-2008-rt-server-trial-one-dual-boot-win7hp.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Good morning people of Seven Forums My laptop which is an Acer Apsire V - P touchscreen Windows laptop for some reason I cannot install Windows on another partition without any problems So I created a GB partition or so in Windows and tried to boot off of the Windows disk The first problem occurs and I cannot boot from the disk It gets stuck right when the Windows color balls are about Clean "Starting Stuck Windows Dual-Boot is Installation Windows" on 7 to get together I disabled secure boot and fast startup which means it cannot be the problem I Windows 7 Clean Dual-Boot Installation is Stuck on "Starting Windows" figured out a nice workaround to the problem I booted into Windows and started the Windows install from within Windows The install went smoothly on the partition Then after one hour of installing and going through the 'Expand Windows Files' and stuff boom I'm stuck on quot Starting Windows quot Windows is still bootable and a Windows option is available on the graphical Windows Boot Menu I have waited for up to hours before and it still cannot boot past this screen I have tried all sorts of Windows disks with no avail Many of them are disks that come from the Digital River ISOs provided here on Seven Forums So after about installs I decided to wait and wait until my computer goes past this step But no It has been stuck at quot Starting Windows quot for right under hours now I know from previous experiences that Windows does not take this long to install My desktop took around - minutes to install and I don't know what to do Thanks Matthew LCT a System Specifications Model Acer Aspire V - CPU Intel Core i RAM GB GB usable OEM OS Windows Home Edition x Year of Manufacture

A:Windows 7 Clean Dual-Boot Installation is Stuck on "Starting Windows"

Are you installing to UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums?

If UEFI you may need to enable CSM or LEgacy BIOS to get Win7 to install, set UEFI First to Boot. Then you must choose the UEFI DVD choice to boot the disk.

Otherwise you can Bypass UEFI to Install WIn7.

If this is a normal BIOS then look over these steps for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums which overcome 90% of installation failures. However since wiping the HD is the most effective step if that is all you haven't tried you might want to save a Win8 backup image so you can wipe the drive and reapply it afterward to its own partition, add it from Win7 using EasyBCD (click Download - no Name or Email required). It may still require Windows 8 Automatic Repair from the 8 installation media to get it to boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/329432-windows-7-clean-dual-boot-installation-stuck-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi,

I have a set of 5 machines - 2 desktops (one being a thin client and the other to function as a 'server' ) and 3 notebooks. I was wondering what was the difference b/w the 2 versions Windows Server 2003 and Windows Small Business Server 2003. Is it true one cannot use a thin client but need a regular cpu setup to use Small Business Server 2003 ?

There is a difference in costs and since i have windows 2000 on the desktops and xp on the notebooks wondered if i needed to shell out so much more $$ for the Windows Server 2003 . I plan to put in a wireless networking system to link all the 5 machines.

Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

S

A:Solved: Difference b/w Windows Server 2003 and Small Business Server 2003

Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server has the following restrictions:
- Only one computer in a domain can be running Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server.
- Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server must be the root of the Active Directory® forest.
- Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server cannot trust any other domains.
- A Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server domain cannot have any child domains.
- Each additional server must have a Windows Small Business Server 2003 client access license (CAL). You can use CALs for each user or for each device.
The standard edition of Windows Small Business Server 2003 includes Windows Server 2003 technologies, including fax service, firewall service, and remote-access service. Additionally, it includes Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, enhanced tools for server monitoring and administration, and an out-of-the-box solution for internal Web sites. The standard edition is ideal for customers who do not require the higher-level functionality included in the premium edition

The premium edition includes everything in the standard edition, plus Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000, and Microsoft FrontPage® 2003. The premium edition is ideal for small businesses with more demanding IT needs, such as data-intensive line-of-business applications, or advanced firewall and Web-caching capabilities

The standard edition has most of the stuffs inside.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-b-w-windows-server-2003-and-small-business-server-2003.287187/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi,

I have a set of 5 machines - 2 desktops (one being a thin client and the other to function as a 'server' ) and 3 notebooks. I was wondering what was the difference b/w the 2 versions Windows Server 2003 and Windows Small Business Server 2003. Is it true one cannot use a thin client but need a regular cpu setup to use Small Business Server 2003 ?

There is a difference in costs and since i have windows 2000 on the desktops and xp on the notebooks wondered if i needed to shell out so much more $$ for the Windows Server 2003 . I plan to put in a wireless networking system to link all the 5 machines.

Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

S

A:Solved: Difference b/w Windows Server 2003 and Small Business Server 2003

ok i got the answer to this from another source.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-b-w-windows-server-2003-and-small-business-server-2003.286015/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi Folks,

Spent the last couple hours trying to find a solution and no luck.

Just bought an HP laptop with pre-installed 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium on it. Can't run some programs I want to and want to install Windows XP on a partition. I created a partition and assigned it as X:

Now I try to boot from my Windows XP Disk but get a bluescreen "A problem has been detected with and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.....yada yada yada....STOP 0x0000007B (0xF&8D2524, 0XC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)" near very beginning of installation before even getting to the option as to where I want to install.

What am I doing wrong?

A:Installing Windows XP as a Dual Boot on Windows 7 Laptop

tell about the xp disk. is it from another computer, oem or retail.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installing-windows-xp-as-a-dual-boot-on-windows-7-laptop-539331.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello I created the following performance counter using logman exe nbsp logman exe counters incorrectly Server Windows correctly creates performance on 2003 but Server Windows Logman 2008/2012 on create counter US Triton Perf Log -b -e -r -s server -si frequence -cf folder server txt -f logtype nbsp -o C local logs Perfout Server --a -v mmddhhmm nbsp -rf nbsp max Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 duration When I do this across multiple servers specifically for Windows Servers the counter is created to repeat and run everyday at PM and stops running everyday at PM This works perfectly fine as intended However When I do this for a Windows server my created counter is very different For example in this case I have set to the counters to start at AM and end at PM because I have set a maximum duration of hours the job terminates and begins on the next day since Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 I have the repeat option on However this does not apply to our server logman creates the job to run once a week in this case it would be on a Wednesday In addiiton I noticed that the job doesn't not even start at it's indented time It actually does not start at all I also notice that the jobs on all windows servers are created in a pending status which then prevents me from removing Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 the counter remotely nbsp I would like to know if windows is capable of working like my win servers using logman and if historically the job has to be kicked off through scheduled task nbsp Both Jobs are using the same criteria but are created differently The top photo was created on a windows server and the bottom photo was created on windows server Am I missing something here FYI I have a script to automate across servers so when I deployed this it turned out about servers were actually running as intended and a whole bunch of them were in pending status and all stopped nbsp I appreciate any response on this issue

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c8377c80-cabf-41ca-bd0b-8132c4e19269/logman-creates-performance-counters-on-windows-server-20082012-correctly-but-incorrectly-on-windows?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 74.82%

I would like to have question for the windows server 2003 R2 Standard. Can I help me to install this it ? Because I set up Windows  Server 2003 R2 on the PC HP Pavillon 500-162 L,  it occur the dump "Death Blue Screen".Can anybody some help me  ? If you have the source "WS 2003 R2 for HP Pavillon 500-162 L", please send me the link. Thanks and Regards.Please confirm the messenger : [email protected] gmail.com

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Support-installation-Windows-Server-2003-step-by-step/td-p/5660435
Relevancy 74.39%

I'm trying to dual boot windows 7 on my windows 8 laptop, and I am able to install windows 7 using the UEFI usb I created, but before I install it on the allocated space partition I created, it gives me a warning that my partitions are not in the recommended order. My partitions are currently set up as: 300 MB EFI System partition, 900 MB Recovery partition, C: Windows 8 NTFS (860 GB), D: Unallocated space for win 7 (NTFS, 50GB), and 20 GB Recovery partition. How should I have my partitions set up in this case? I am also planning to create another partition in order to install Ubuntu after I install Windows 7

A:trying to dual boot windows 7 on my windows 8 laptop

Note

When dual booting with Windows 8 Preinstalled & Windows 7

Follow Step one to five in this tutorial:
Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7
Warning you must have the uEFI/BIOS firmware setting in Step Three set.

Make sure you read the NOTE at Step three.

Warning
If you shrink C: before deleting the OEM Recovery partition, the C: & the new partition may be converted to Dynamic partitions.
You DO NOT WHAT Dynamic partitions.

Than follow this tutorial: (installing in uEFI mode.)
Dual Boot Installation - Windows 8 and Windows 7 or Vista

For Ref:
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/30994-trying-dual-boot-windows-7-my-windows-8-laptop.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Just got a new laptop with Windows 8 64 bit installed, but work/school network (Citrix) doesn't support Windows 8 at the moment. Any thoughts on dual booting with Windows 7 and Windows 8 with Windows 8 pre-installed? From what I can find, the dual boot options are for dual booting with Windows 7 and Windows 8 but with Windows 7 pre-installed. Thanks in advance for any help!

A:Dual boot Win 7 and Win 8 on Windows 8 laptop

When you install a previous Windows version when a newer already present the boot environment of the newer Windows version (Windows 8 in your case) is replaced by the older Windows version (Windows 7 in your case).What you could do:1. Download and install Visual BCD (latest version is 0.9.3.1) in Windows 7.2. Run "Dual-boot Repair" tool which has an "Automatic Repair" option, one click to repair boot environment.After restart you should have a dual-boot menu with Windows 7 and Windows 8 (Win 8 will be default OS to boot).Note:If Windows 7 is missing from boot menu: 1. Install in Win 8 Visual BCD and run Visual BCD Editor. 2. Select "Create missing Windows loaders" from pop up menu. This will add Windows 7.In both cases process is automated - no parameters, drives e.t.c to specify.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480019/dual-boot-win-7-and-win-8-on-windows-8-laptop/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,
This is Chandrasekhar, i joined this forum seeking help on how to revert back to Windows 7 Home Premium.
my laptop (Acer Aspire 5745G) originally has genuine Win 7 HP (no media available) and was recently loaded to dual boot with windows server 2003 (for learning and practicing SAP developer) and Windows 7 Ultimate. The Win 7 Ultimate was a counterfeit license, which i do not want. i want to revert back to my original-genuine Win 7 HP. Even i am getting the alerts/notices from MS that i am using counterfeit License.

can anyone help me with step-by-step process to re-install my Win 7 HP genuine license without disturbing the Win 2003 server installation as i paid highly to a third party for its installation.

thanks in advance for taking time to help me.

regards
Chandrasekhar

A:Re-installing Genuine Windows 7HP on a dual boot laptop

See if this works for you ...

1. Power on the computer
2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the Alt key and press the F10 key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery.
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click Restore to Factory Default Settings
4. Click OK to continue
5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image (approximately 10 minutes).
6. Once eRecovery has run, press OK to reboot unit

Note that all data will be lost during this process and your computer will be brought back to it's original factory state and settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/313047-re-installing-genuine-windows-7hp-dual-boot-laptop.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello All,

I want to dual boot XP Pro , 2000 Server and 2003 Server and wanted to check the best order to instal these OS's?

Can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-booting-xp-pro-2000-server-and-2003-server-instal-order.637431/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello all new here my pc config is intel Dual XP dual boot no boot then but tried Solved: installed boot options Vista quad gb ram gb hd OS is XP Pro with SP Okay I heard people speek highly of Vista and no so highly so I decided to give it a shot and make my own decision XP was installed a few weeks ago and is on disk gig partition created another for E Vista Ultimate and have unallocated for now My other drive is just for games At first I used Solved: Dual boot XP installed then tried Vista but no boot dual boot options the remaining for Vista the first time Everything loaded fine was online with Vista was updating drivers and then I rebooted Solved: Dual boot XP installed then tried Vista but no boot dual boot options to finish the install for some drivers and the boot options never came up it booted right to XP I looked at the partitions and it shows Vista there so I looked in XP boot ini and it shows boot loader timeout default multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS operating systems multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Microsoft Windows XP Professional quot fastdetect NoExecute OptIn I checked around and people said to add Vista to it so I did and added this boot loader timeout default multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS operating systems multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Microsoft Windows XP Professional quot fastdetect NoExecute OptIn multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate quot fastdetect It gave the options to now choose one but when I choose Vista the screen goes blank no cursor or anything display is x someone had suggested that already If I choose XP it boots fine I then Solved: Dual boot XP installed then tried Vista but no boot dual boot options decided to format the the partition with Vista cd and made a Gb and I now have a Gb unallocated for now as described above did the install again and samething loads fine everything looks pretty but as soon as it is rebooted it goes right to XP no boot choices If you check boot ini only shows one OS Vista is nowhere to be seen and once again if you add it to the boot ini going to My Computer props advanced and editing that way it does the samething when chosen boots to a blank screen I decided to go the msconfig route and checked the boot paths and it showed the one for Vista as invalid which is the path I have above I am clueless now and I don t wat to start from scratch meaing wipe everything clean and try doing Vista first and then XP I searched around the web and most of the issues I found was that XP would not boot after a dual boot attempt Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks and have a good one all nbsp

A:Solved: Dual boot XP installed then tried Vista but no boot dual boot options

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dual-boot-xp-installed-then-tried-vista-but-no-boot-dual-boot-options.707518/
Relevancy 71.38%

Our department purchased from Dell 32 Latitude E6500 laptops. The laptop comes with a Windows XP downgraded from Windows 7 pre-installed, but the laptop came with both OEM Dell CD 's for Windows XP and Windows 7. I was able to dual boot both of them succesully. Someone in our department said you can not dual boot with OEM's legally even if they came with the laptop. I have not not seen a concrete answer that shows you can not dual boot both on the same machine at the same time. The two disk are full 32-bit versions of the Operating systems and not an upgrade disk. Does anyone know if this is legal?

A:Can you legally dual boot your laptop using the two OEM copies of Windows that came with the machine?

Dual-booting is done all the time. It is not illegal. My netbook came with XP, and I added Windows 7 on a separate partition. Works fine.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295538/can-you-legally-dual-boot-your-laptop-using-the-two-oem-copies-of-windows-that-came-with-the-machine/