Windows Support Forum

Poor audio quality and "popping" sounds, unable to find Realtek HD Audio driver

Q: Poor audio quality and "popping" sounds, unable to find Realtek HD Audio driver

Windows 7 64-bit I'm using an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor My audio is working, but I'm getting "popping" noises every 15-30 seconds and it's really bothering me. I updated to the latest driver for Realtek AC'97 and I insalled the Realtek HD Audio drivers, but only the AC'97 shows up in the device manager. When I got to add/remove programs, it shows that HD Audio can be uninstalled, but I don't know if that means it's working. From reading around on the internet, some people said the HD Audio driver solved their problem, but I'm not sure if mine is actually working or not. I don't know much about computers, so please spell things out explicitly for me so I can just follow directions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-audio-quality-and-popping-sounds-unable-to-find-realtek-hd-audio-driver.890498/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Poor audio quality and "popping" sounds, unable to find Realtek HD Audio driver

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 93.93%

Hi,

I have a Toshiba satelite A30 with a Realtek ac97 audio device.
The audio has been working fine for a few years now, but has recently been producing poor quality sound, like it is saturated.
I have been playing with sound volume, have reinstalled the latest drivers as well as the latest version of directX, but still experience the same problem.
I have also checked if there was a hardware conflict, but nothing shows...

can it be that the hardware is damaged, and i need to buy an external sound card or can this be solved otherwise?

thanks for anyone's help.

thomas

A:Realtek ac97 audio - poor quality sound

impossible to buy an external sound card for a laptop. Did you recently update any software or drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-ac97-audio-poor-quality-sound.60239/
Relevancy 93.62%

I ve posted this on another website forum but they haven t replied and it s been five days now Let me start from the very beginning I have an Acer Aspire Vista -bit Home Basic laptop If you need anymore details please let me know A week ago I finally figured out that drivers "interactive HD Realtek to because of Unable Audio; window station" install you have to mute the speakers in Realtek HD Audio Device so the sound would play through the headphones About two days after that no sound would come through the Realtek HD Audio; Unable to install drivers because of "interactive window station" headphones but would come from the speakers So my sister suggested we un-install Realtek I Realtek HD Audio; Unable to install drivers because of "interactive window station" did and then I re-installed it and re-started the computer When the computer booted back on a little thing at the bottom said quot installing latest drivers quot and then I had to click quot allow quot to let it search for audio A few moments later a box popped up that said it found the audio device but quot This operation requires an interactive window station quot Yes that one I have enabled UAC since I don t have to click allow on the restricted areas and I have tried many many suggestions from other forums but none of them have worked I know it s not a hardware problem considering when I m in BIOs and try to go backwards beeps come from the speakers so they are working fine And I m guessing the quot No Audio Output Device is installed quot is because I m not able to update the drivers Also when I go into Device Manager there isn t an option for quot Sound audio or game controller quot I think that might be because of the quot No Audio Output Device quot also If anyone could help me with this it would be much appreciated I m dying without my sound Really I need the music to block out my sister truthfully maybe I shouldn t have listened to her in the first place nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/realtek-hd-audio-unable-to-install-drivers-because-of-interactive-window-station.877705/
Relevancy 92.69%

Hello. I just recently updated my Lenovo Y530 Ideapad to Windows 7 Ultimate x64 from Windows Vista Home Premium x64. After I updated my laptop, I went to adjust the sound and I noticed that I had 3 sound devices that all said Speakers. I then went to the Device Manager and saw that under the Sound,video, and game controllers tab that one of the sound drivers said "High Definition Audio Device". Before upgrading to Windows 7, the driver said it was a Realtek driver. I have tried to get back the Realtek driver, however, when it finishes installing I end up with no sound. Is there anyway I can get back my Realtek drivers?

A:Realtek Driver replaced with "High Definition Audio Device"

Download the latest Realtek driver.
Realtek

Or, you can get the Lenovo older driver, which may be more compatible with your hardware.
http://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles...N2AUD09WW6.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/236337-realtek-driver-replaced-high-definition-audio-device.html
Relevancy 89.59%

Hi There ,

I just reformatted my Gateway NV54 laptop with windows Vista on it.
My sound is working fine but my microphone is not working at all. I have tried both the inbuilt mic and an external one.
I downloaded the latest audio driver from http://support.gateway.com/product/default.aspx?modelId=2376 which is the conexant 4.98.9.0. (x84)

When I run the driver setup it just says "Driver installation failed: Could not find the device for this driver."
I am confused because as far as I know because my sound is working that means my audio driver working?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1976 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 796 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 295242 MB, Free - 152804 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway , SJV50MV , Rev , LXWDH0X007931B5DEC2200

A:Audio Driver not working "Could not find device for this driver" Gateway laptop

Could not find the device for this driver

That error message suggests to me that you're trying to install the wrong driver for that sound device.
Please double-check on the Gateway website, there may be a choice of two or more audio drivers for that model, depending on what hardware was available at the factory when your laptop was assembled.

If there is a choice, you may have downloaded the wrong one or selected a laptop model which is not exactly the same as yours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-driver-not-working-could-not-find-device-for-this-driver-gateway-laptop.991540/
Relevancy 88.97%

I have an Asus k60ij laptop and all of a sudden this message appears when I boot up my CPU. I have recently wiped out my CPU.
I have gone onto the Asus site and cant seem to find it. My CPU says that the mic is working properly but it doesn't pick up sound...my speakers and other sound seems to work though. The volume and everything is up on the mic, but can't get it to work...
Please HELP...
Thanks

A:"Unable to find a compatible SRS Audio Device."

Welcome to Seven Forums joshrfrank. Uninstall the IDT Audio, SRS Premium Sound Control Panel should fix this. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/124867-unable-find-compatible-srs-audio-device.html
Relevancy 88.97%

I ve spent countless hours trying to fix this It started out with me wanting to enable the quot stereo mix quot option and so following a Output is Audio Installed" HD Audio) "No Device (Realtek youtube video I proceeded to updating the driver using device manager gt update driver and after restarting I received this error I then downloaded the newest driver of the manufacturer "No Audio Output Device is Installed" (Realtek HD Audio) website realtek hd audio realtek com and installed it Mind you the stereo mix option did in fact show up although I couldn t make use of any audio since I was getting the quot no audio output device is installed quot error All this time I can still see the mic line-in inputs and headphone speaker outputs in the sounds control panel I have tried uninstalling reinstalling and using the roll-back option for drivers Although from control panel I managed to uninstall the sound card software for realtek Between all of this after any sort of install or uninstall I also restarted my computer I downloaded the drivers from the HP site PC manufacturer for my comp and the Realtek site sound card creator and all of them are giving me the same results Furthermore I even tried the System Restore and it wouldn t work complaining about an anti-virus when all of mine are already disabled I checked what the System Restore would affect too and nothing for my driver was in there as far as I know I m really not sure what my options are now and it s sucks not having any sound Please help me out Thanks P S For the record my computer is the HP Elite e f and I run Windows x nbsp

A:"No Audio Output Device is Installed" (Realtek HD Audio)

See if Windows reports any problem devices

Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

Next, click Start->Run, enter: services.msc, scroll to Windows Audio, rt click Properties.
> Verify StartupType=Automatic and Status=Started

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-realtek-hd-audio.145929/
Relevancy 88.04%

I installed a wireless USB NIC yesterday and ever since I have lost my audio on the PC. When I try to play music in Winamp, I get "Bad DirectSound Driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. Error code: 88780078."

So I checked Device Manager and sure enough it says I have no driver for the multimedia audio controller. It's a generic PC and I'm not sure of what driver I need, although I do not have a dedicated audio card(it's on the board). I ran Belarc and aida32 and all I can tell is my motherboard was made by Grantsdale and it may be an Intel 82801FB ICH6. I'm not really sure and I tried one set of drivers and it crashed Windows during installation. All Windows updates have been run. XP Pro SP 3.

Thanks for any help!

Relevancy 84.01%

Hey,
I am using Realtek Audio driver in my system cause i want stereo mix does anyone know how to change speakers and headphones drivers to Windows HD audio driver, But still i want stero mix driver

A:Sounds Bad with realtek HD audio Driver !!

The Windows High Definition Audio driver is a generic, basic function, sound driver. It does not contain all the "bells and whistles".

What is "bad" about the Realtek audio? Its used in millions of PC's and works fine. I have Realtek on all of my PC's (two desktops and a laptop) and do not have "bad" sound with it.

Also, please fill in the "My System Specs" so we know what you have. It helps use to try and help you.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/66573-sounds-bad-realtek-hd-audio-driver.html
Relevancy 83.39%

Hi
I have an Acer Aspire 5315 with Windows Vista. Around two weeks ago my computer started saying that there is no audio device installed. I went to Acer's website and downloaded the Realtek sound download for my model and operating system. When I ran it, it said "no drivers found" or "no driveres supported" (I'm sorry I can't remember which). So I deleted the file and downloaded it again and all it did was open the file and display the contents instead of running it automatically. Also, when I go to the control panel and look under sound it still tells me there is no audio device installed.

I don't know much about drivers. Honestly, I don't really know what a driver is or does. I've just been going on answers other people with "no audio device installed" questions have gotten. Can somebody please help me?

A:Problem with Audio Driver "No audio device installed"

Mel: When the file displayed its contents, did you look to see if there was a "Setup.exe" file?
If there is one, double click it and it should load the drivers.
Also, look in Device Manager for any yellow ? marks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-audio-driver-no-audio-device-installed.731834/
Relevancy 81.22%

Hi there:

I installed a program I needed for school a couple weeks ago and ever since then my comp plays random sounds like "congratulations you've won" or what appears to be the beginning of other advertisements. I thought it only played when I had a browser opened...but I've just noticed it plays irregardless of a browser being opened or not.

Any help to remove these random noises from my computer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot:

josegrose

A:RE: computer plays random audio: "congratulations you've won!" and other sounds.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-computer-plays-random-audio-congratulations-youve-won-and-other-sounds.1054232/
Relevancy 81.22%

I recently noticed I have duplicate icons :

Does anyone know how I can get rid of one please ? Both are clickable and provide the same function as usual.

Thanks

A:Solved: Duplicate "sounds and audio devices" icon in control panel ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-duplicate-sounds-and-audio-devices-icon-in-control-panel.762502/
Relevancy 80.91%

I don't know if "No is Audio Laptop/RealTek Asus Device Output Installed" any of this is related but I wanted to provide as much information as I could for you Asus Laptop/RealTek "No Audio Output Device is Installed" gurus to deal with So here's what happened I left my ASUS K A laptop in sleep mode I opened the lid to wake it up Asus Laptop/RealTek "No Audio Output Device is Installed" logged in and then everything started to load really slowly This hasn't happened before and the computer quickly BSOD'd in that new Windows fashion It restarted and scanned repaired my D drive again in a very slow manner It took maybe minutes just to get to the login screen as opposed to maybe a minute I login and again everything's very slow This time I just hit the power button and reset the laptop that way hoping it'd fix things Unfortunately the same thing happens After doing this about or more times each time spending about to minutes I just let it run after I log in I manage to click the quot Restart quot option on the side after waiting eons for it to respond to my clicks I get it to load and it booted up normally Or so I thought My D drive was suddenly inaccessible and my little volume speaker at the bottom right had the red X beside it saying quot No Audio Output Device is Installed quot I spend another billion years trying to fix my D drive changing permissions and allowing full control and eventually getting full access again most likely with some unknown ramifications I found out after that although my C drive didn't suffer from the same problem as my D drive the C drive would keep asking me for my permission when I moved things around there even though it was never like that before all of this I do the same thing I did with the D drive and seemingly fixed the issue My next focus was on the sound I made the mistake of not checking my Device Manager before I blindly reinstalled a Realtek driver I don't think it made a difference but I'll never know now Anyway I downloaded a Realtek HD Audio driver that should've been compatible with my system but I couldn't get it to finish installing as it ended every installation that I tried with some error code x I go into Device Manager and see two icons with the exclamation marks beside them quot Intel R Display Audio quot and quot Audio Device on High Definition Bus quot The quot Intel R Display Audio quot was under the normal quot Sound video and game controllers quot but the quot Audio Device on High Definition Bus quot was found under quot Other Devices quot So I just uninstall the quot Audio Device on High Definition Bus quot since I've read that sometimes you need to uninstall in order to reinstall something After I uninstall I manage to successfully install a compatible Realtek HD Audio Driver However it still wouldn't give me sound after I restarted my computer as it prompted me to On top of that there was no Realtek HD Audio Driver or anything similar found under quot Sound video and game controllers quot Only quot Intel R Display Audio quot was there and apparently that wasn't working either After uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times I just uninstalled quot Intel R Display Audio quot out of frustration which then led to TWO quot Audio Device on High Definition Bus quot under quot Other Devices quot I go into msinfo and under quot Problem Devices quot there's the two quot Audio Devices on High Definition Bus quot and they have the error code that says quot This device is not configured correctly quot I also don't have anything under quot Sound Device quot I don't know what to do Did my sound card just burn out during the whole D drive Scan Repair fiasco Edit I forgot to add that I've tried the quot Adding Scanning Legacy Hardware quot but I might have done it incorrectly or something because it was unable to successfully install find anything

A:Asus Laptop/RealTek "No Audio Output Device is Installed"

From your description, I'm going to suggest what I try to avoid at all costs. Do a complete reinstall. I know its a hassle but sometimes its what is needed.

Backup your user data to some external media (USB flash drive, CD/DVD media, etc) first as the reinstall will wipe it all out. Then do the reinstall, using the recovery mode that I assume ASUS has (most PC vendors have a recovery partition on the hard drive that will allow restoring to the original factory condition).

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/49791-asus-laptop-realtek-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Hello this is my first post here on this forum About a week or two I Downgraded my Computer Dell l x from Windows to Windows Ultimate Bits installed the drivers from the Dell Page and everything worked good except for the Realtek HD Audio Driver Version Recommended for my PC on Dell Website This is the problem When I Start my computer a message shows up with the stopped Audio Startup Manager HD at working" has "Realtek Windows following error quot Realtek HD Audio Manager has stopped working quot and then I Have to close the message and open Realtek HD Audio Manager again from the Control Panel I Have already tried re-installing Windows and the error keeps appearing After I Install that driver I Was wondering if maybe that version of the driver is faulty or something It would be weird since it's the one Dell recommends for this computer on the page I Have visited many forums including this one looking for a fix to this issue but I have not found a solution yet So I was wondering if someone had this issue before and has a solution to this annoying problem any Help would be appreciated Thanks Here's a picture of the issue im having when I start Windows It's in Spanish but I think you will "Realtek HD Audio Manager has stopped working" at Windows Startup understand it

A:"Realtek HD Audio Manager has stopped working" at Windows Startup

Try the R275 version on the RealTek site. Its the latest version and will work on your PC. When you run the Realtek installation the first thing it will do is uninstall the current version you have installed and then restart the PC. After the restart it will continue and install the R275 version. This is the version I have on all my PC's for both Win 7 64 bit and Win 8 64 bit.

Download the High Definition Audio Codec R.275 64 bit OS version.
Realtek

BTW, here is the info on posting screen shots on this forum. You con't have to upload them to a host.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/350955-realtek-hd-audio-manager-has-stopped-working-windows-startup.html
Relevancy 80.91%

HP Pavillion zx Intel Pentium GHz GB RAM Windows XP Audio Start. Device Cannot 10)" Ac97 "this (code Realtek Home Edition SP My friend s laptop Realtek Ac97 Audio "this Device Cannot Start. (code 10)" is having trouble recognizing its sound driver Realtek AC The hard drive was replaced and the operating system reinstalled a couple months ago and ever since then it hasn t been able to play sound Under the Device Manager Realtek AC Audio has a yellow exclamation point next to it and under Realtek Ac97 Audio "this Device Cannot Start. (code 10)" its Device Status it reads Realtek Ac97 Audio "this Device Cannot Start. (code 10)" quot This device cannot start Code quot I ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device as well as downloading the most recent driver the most recent seems to be but to no avail I m not sure what else I can do at this point On other boards that I ve looked at people have asked what motherboard was being used I used Everest to find the following information under quot Motherboard quot Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name Hewlett-Packard Pavilion zx DZ U ABA Motherboard Chipset ATI Radeon IGP System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Phoenix Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Realtek Ac97 Audio "this Device Cannot Start. (code 10)"

OK you probably thought of this first thing but don't laugh when I ask: after the clean install, did your friend run the motherboard disk for his machine? Because the AC97 drivers are on that cd. He should disable it in "devices' and install the driver from the mobo cd and then enable it again and reboot. Should have sound. Only other thing is it could be disabled in the bios - you could check that too.
Mini

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/realtek-ac97-audio-this-device-cannot-start-code-10.729047/
Relevancy 80.91%

I have a Vaio F series Notebook VPCF AFM Window Problem No sound The audio thing in the bottom right has a red cross and says quot No speakers or Headphones are plugged in quot I believe it should be a problem with my quot Realtek HD Audio currently Sony/ - Realtek "No Headphones plugged Speakers are HD in" Audio or vers lt -- installed from Manufacturer web quot but i "No Speakers or Headphones are plugged in" - Sony/ Realtek HD Audio cannot confirm this Cannot Restore - there was no restore point made before the problem came Reinstalled Driver - Manually downloaded driver from "No Speakers or Headphones are plugged in" - Sony/ Realtek HD Audio Vaio site And also tried uninstall then let windows automatically find and install driver Tried Disable - gt Enable Driver Checked Driver Update Checked Bios - no setting about Audio Checked Windows update Speaker has been enabled but i cannot Configure Test or Disable speakers Troubleshoot says quot Audio Device has been disabled quot Tried Microsoft FixIt Nothing is working Can someone please help me i've been stuck with no audio for several days now and still haven't gotten it fixed it's really stressful Thanks in advance

A:"No Speakers or Headphones are plugged in" - Sony/ Realtek HD Audio

Try vR2.58 HD audio drivers directly from Realtek - 2 March 2011 - http://218.210.127.131/downloads/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-speakers-or-headphones-are-plugged-in-sony-realtek-hd-audio-559140.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Hello friends i really really need your help in this one i just bought LOGITECH x- Speaker system when i go to quot Realtek HD Audio manager quot and choose quot speaker quot the quot rear pair quot is grayed out Here is a picture Now i know this if i change it to then the quot rear pair quot will appear and i will be able to preform the test and hear sound B-U-T grayed is HD "rear pair" audio Realtek 5.1 speaker out --- gt when i will play movies divx mkx bluray ect' i don't hear the people talking it's like the wrong sound configuration information goes Realtek HD audio 5.1 speaker "rear pair" is grayed out to the Realtek HD audio 5.1 speaker "rear pair" is grayed out speakers it will seem the people talking coms from the sub-woofer and again really really dim the rear speakers will work but very low even when i put it on full volume any idea how to set up correctly the sound so even if i am on the sound will go to the speakers as and send the right information to each speaker Thanks

A:Realtek HD audio 5.1 speaker "rear pair" is grayed out

I believe this is because in the Realtek HD audio world, the surround speakers are sides, not rears. In a 5.1 config, tick the sides checkbox and plug your black audio cable (rears) into the grey input.

As an alternative to plugging black jack to grey input, you can right click the black input in the "Analog back panel" graphic and "Retask" that input to sides.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/268067-realtek-hd-audio-5-1-speaker-rear-pair-grayed-out.html
Relevancy 80.91%

I don't have any sound because i get the "no audio device" pic related

I have tried bios enabling, updating realtek driver, set backing the driver, uninstalling then reinstalling, installing drivers off the HP website, installing drivers off realtek website. I've done the services.msc ****. EVERYthing. I've made a fresh reformat of XP btw. Help?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also when I tried to install the HP driver it says I need the UUA high definiton bus driver, but it says in device manager that i have it, and when ever I install the uua driver off microsoft or whereever it says it has installed and must restart but when you get back on I try to install the HP driver but it still says I need the UUA driver.

A:[SOLVED] "No audio device" yet I have realtek drivers installed

Hi Difused. This might sound like a really stupid question but do you have any speakers hooked up? If so, are they connected to the correct plugs?

Good day.

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-and-quot-no-audio-device-and-quot-yet-i-have-realtek-drivers-installed-567068.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Not sure if I'm in the right section

Just unpluged my m audio delta 2496 card to do some other repairs. After reconnecting and powering up I have no sound in Cubase ( In device setup selecting m audio delta driver I get the following Error message "audio engine error could not activate asio driver m audio delta" Now even windows system sounds don't work. Have tried re-installing 2496 driver....no go. Any suggestions would be welcome.

A:Error message "audio engine error could not activate asio driver m audio delta"

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Click the Upload a File button to upload and attach the file to your next TechSpot post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-audio-engine-error-could-not-activate-asio-driver-m-audio-delta.197151/
Relevancy 80.91%

I just solved my own problem and thought others might benefit since I could not find the solution using internet search My Realtek HD Audio manager seemed to be creating an echo on my quot Line In quot HD Audio Realtek "line from effect) (if in" echo it Removing output sound not a is audio signal I had already set the environment and equalizer sound effects options to lt None gt but the echo persisted I found the problem seems that I was essentially duplicating the Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) Line In audio stream The first quot source quot I found was the HD Audio manager You can open the manager and view the Line In tab - mine had a non-zero playback volume the slider was NOT all the way to Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) the left for zero playback If you want Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) output from the HD Manager that makes sense I also found out a second Line In quot source quot It was in the Line In properties settings where I had checked off the option to quot Listen to this device quot When I disabled that the echo disappeared To view this Line In properties tab right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area then select Recording Devices yes quot Recording quot Then the tab will display in a window with the title Sound You should see the Line In device in the list Right-click on this item and select Properties The Line In properties window pops up Then select the Listen tab UNselect Listen to this device The echo should disappear if you re experiencing my problem I hope this helps someone I m just trying to help the community from which I ve received so much help grinthumb nbsp

A:Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect)

Two same signals

You're doing the right thing... getting rid of the other input signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-line-in-echo-from-realtek-hd-audio-output-if-it-is-not-a-sound-effect.178881/
Relevancy 80.6%

Dear all,

my speakers do work. When i plug in my headphone at front the speakers get replaced, means I head everything through the headphone.

Headphones themselves aint shown under "Sound":
It appears that both, speakers and headphones are used as one source for audio-out.

However, I want to use both. Headphone should not automatically replace Speakers.

What do I make wrong? Setting for simultaneous Audio can't be found with this new Realtek R2.75 as previously?

Thanks a lot for your support!

A:Realtek HD Audio Problem: Headphones appear as "Speakers"

Hi and welcome to 7F. You won't see a separate entry for standard headphones in the Sound properties and normally you would find the option to disable front panel jack detection in the Realtek Sound Manager and often they seem to bury that option somewhere obscure so try to look for it again in the Realtek Sound manager

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/355421-realtek-hd-audio-problem-headphones-appear-speakers.html
Relevancy 80.6%

I had this same issue with Win Pro N about year ago as well and I somehow fixed it but I can't recall what I did at all besides that it was big headache to figure out Now yesterday since I got a SSD I installed Windows again and that problem is back What I checked first Nothing to see here Then I tried troubleshooter quot Hardware changes might not have been detected quot That's not very useful Let's check out Device Manager Shouldn't it be in sound Pro devices 8.1 Windows audio N are "No installed" Realtek devices category with some other entries I have that category missing altogether Properties quot This device cannot start Code quot I tried uninstalling drivers and restarting many times already Let's let Windows search for new drivers Outside of that I've tried to install two different versions of Realtek driver packages Multiple times One from Asus site that's latest for this particular laptop but officially has support only up to Win I had that driver before Windows 8.1 Pro N "No audio devices are installed" Realtek so it works with and other is from Realtek site that officially supports Win as well No success I even restored BIOS factory settings even though there aren't any sound related settings there Windows Audio service is running Checked that I re-installed Windows times One of them was just old Win Pro with no updates included second was latest Win preview and finally I installed Win Pro N back None of them had working audio Windows didn't have that issue and I know that my hardware is fine because everything works under Ubuntu

A:Windows 8.1 Pro N "No audio devices are installed" Realtek

Also I just discovered that when I installed either versions of Realtek drivers they removed all the files they copied to program files/realtek/driver folder just before finishing the installation. So they didn't even install properly.

Probably due not finding actual audio hardware it can use? Then it's entirely Windows problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/60628-windows-8-1-pro-n-no-audio-devices-installed-realtek.html
Relevancy 111.37%

The title was a bad explanation. I'll try to explain in my not knowing anything about computers way, the picture will also help to explain. So what happens is when I'm doing something like watching youtube, I disable the "Speakers / HP" because for some reason it makes my audio sound distant, like it's in a big room. When I disable it, it's fine. Only problem about when I disable it is my games are silent and I listen to music on my computer. So I don't really understand why it affects my headphone audio quality just because I have "Speakers / HP" enabled.
Last note, making one thing the default or whatever doesn't work. No matter how many times I click make default, "Speakers / HP" stays as default.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/audio-sounds-distant-when-quotspeakers-hpquot-4598995/
Relevancy 110.51%

I just reinstalled windows today not a full format and after I got it back up and running it ran perfectly exept without any sound So I popped in the CD that came with my mobo for it s onboard sound nForce chipset -channel sound and installed the Realtek AC software drivers that came with it and what I was using before the install when it worked perfectly Well it showed up in the device manager and had no device conflicts anywhere to be seen but windows didn t seem to pick AC'97 Realtek device" mixer audio "No help up that I had it installed and it wouldn t let me select anything for my audio device in the quot sounds and audio devices quot menu in the control panel everything there is just ghosted There s no lil speaker icon in my taskbar for volume control and when I click on volume control in the Entertainment tab in Accessories it says I have no quot "No audio mixer device" Realtek AC'97 help Audio mixer device quot installed Well Realtek AC is my freakin audio "No audio mixer device" Realtek AC'97 help mixer device damnit why won t it pick that up I have it installed and have uninstalled and re-installed and updated several times and it still won t detect it and let me use it as my audio device or mixer device I need help ASAP I m a big gamer and can t go without sound Also system restore won t let be go back before I reinstalled windows either to get my sound back Can anyone help me with this It d be GREATLY appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 110.51%

hello people
i just installed new drivers from the realtek site and the hd audio manger has somehow COMPPLETELY disappeared from my computer o-o is there a way to get it back? i tryed googling a download but no luck o_o

A:Realtek HD Audio "Manger" has disappeared

Originally Posted by soldier000

hello people
i just installed new drivers from the realtek site and the hd audio manger has somehow COMPPLETELY disappeared from my computer o-o is there a way to get it back? i tryed googling a download but no luck o_o

hi and welcome

If you installed it correctly it didnt just disappear. type device manager in search. go to the audio tab and look to see if your card is there and if it has a yellow triangle on it. If it is either gone (and there is an unknown device elsewhere) or if it has a yellow triangle on it it needs to be re-installed.

Let us know the results

Ken J

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/260416-realtek-hd-audio-manger-has-disappeared.html
Relevancy 110.51%

Hi,

so I have Realtek Audio onboard
(Mainboard: GA-MA74GM-S2H (rev. 1.0) -> Realtek ALC888 codec
High Definition Audio
2/4/5.1/7.1-channel (Note 2)
Support for S/PDIF Out
Support for CD In)

Now I recently changed to Windows 7 and noticed (especially noticeable when e.g. listening to music), sometimes the sounds gets "scratchy"(scratching) for half a second or so (pretty short). Never had that problem with Win XP (which I used before Win7)

Any Ideas? (yeah i use the latest drivers)

A:Realtek On-Board Audio, "scratching"?

I have a similar setup. When you say that your getting scratching sounds, is it when listening to music on speakers or headphones? Have you checked to ensure that your input jacks are securely tight? Have you gone into Realtek HD Audio Manager and checked the settings?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/102909-realtek-board-audio-scratching.html
Relevancy 110.51%

Hello I'm new So sorry if I do not post in the common format Recently I had downgraded to Win Ultimate from Windows for various reason So I do my normal things download all the drivers and programs that I would need Sadly I had lost my motherboard's drivers disc So having lost that I had to download individual drivers from here I installed drivers HD Realtek Audio plugged Speakers - "Not in" from the list below Realtek Function driver for Realtek Azalia audio chip Including Microsoft UAA Driver in English edition Intel INF installation amp Realtek HD Audio - Speakers "Not plugged in" Intel Management Engine Interface Realtek Ethernet Diagnostic Utility Realtek LAN Driver Realtek HD Audio - Speakers "Not plugged in" Intel VGA Driver for Ivy Bridge CPU All of the drivers above worked Except for the audio drivers I have pretty much no clue what I'm doing wrong I've spent hours looking on the web for fixes but none of them had worked I'm running Windows Ultimate If you'd like my specs please check my profile Here is a photo of the problem with some windows open that might relate Sorry for the large image If anyone could help it would be greatly apperciated

A:Realtek HD Audio - Speakers "Not plugged in"

I have a Gigabyte board using Realtek sound and things work OK.

My settings differ a bit from yours.

Referring to your pictures:

In the playback tab of control panel, I show speakers, Realtek High Definition Audio Device, set as default with a green check mark, not “not plugged in”.

In Device Manager, under sound, video, and game controllers, I show 2 items:

1: Intel Display Audio
2: Realtek High Definition Audio, where I show a driver version 6.0.1.6235, from 2010.

I don’t have “Blue Snowball” or “High Definition Audio Device”.

Attached is a picture of my Realtek HD Audio Manager, showing the Stereo Mix settings. Do you have those other tabs shown, such as “digital output”, “speakers”, etc??

I don’t expect you and I would use the same driver as we have different Gigabyte boards, but I’m wondering why you don’t have Intel Display Audio and why your Realtek High Definition Audio Device is shown as “not plugged in”, rather than default.

You have no sound whatsoever, not even Windows System sounds?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/331917-realtek-hd-audio-speakers-not-plugged.html
Relevancy 109.22%

A new box I helped a friend build works fine, but all audio sounds, as he puts it, "chipmunky," high-pitched and weird. This is with CD playback, Skype audio, anything audible, I think.

I'm sure this is something pretty easy to fix, but where should we start? Audio drivers? What?

Many thanks for any help!

Relevancy 106.21%

When I right click on the tray speaker icon and select the sound window, I can no longer find the "USB Audio Codec" selection when the device is correctly plugged in. The USB device still works because I can test it on another computer.

It is present in the devices and printers window. Software that used to work with that sound selection no longer work.

Looking hopefully for suggestions. Thank you!

Hank

A:Can no longer find "USB Audio Codec" when device plugged in

Does it show up in the Device Manager? and if it does, is it shown as working OK or does it have an error code?

If it's shown as working OK int he device manager, it would have to be set as the default audio playback device. Does it show up in the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound playback panel? If it is not shown, RIGHT click in an empty area in the panel and click to show disabled and disconnected devices and then see if it shows up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/247904-can-no-longer-find-usb-audio-codec-when-device-plugged.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Hey Guys,

My VIA drivers won't install because it can't find the device. I'm trying the driver from the Biostar Website. I've tried the ones from the via website but those don't work either. I get nice clear audio but i can't configure my drivers so I can get my sub woofers working.

Links
----------------------------
Biostar:
N68S3B :: Motherboard :: BIOSTAR

VIA:
http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/v10500d.zip
http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/v10_1200a.zip

A:VIA HD Vdeck "We Can't Find HD Audio Device" Error

Check to see if you have installed the chipset driver or if there is an updated chipset driver for your mobo.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/28757-via-hd-vdeck-we-cant-find-hd-audio-device-error.html
Relevancy 105.78%

just got a refurbished dell latitude d620, it is upgraded to win 7, since dell doesnt make a win 7 audio driver for this model the geniric microsoft audio driver was used, the sound works but sounds terrible, static, noise, choppy, i tried vista, xp and sigmatel hd drivers, they all work but sound the same, any ideas?

A:poor audio quality

Your system is not compatible for Windows 7 since there is no audio drivers for Windows 7. If the system is compatible with Windows Vista or XP I recommend sticking with that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/poor-audio-quality-645327.html
Relevancy 105.78%

I downgraded from Vista to XP a couple months ago but haven t had the oppurtunity to play with my webcam audio feature until now I m on an Acer Aspire Laptop with a built in cam and mic I had a great audio quality on Vista Now suddenly my audio quality is very poor not so much in the fact that it doesn t sound good but that you can barely hear it Again it worked great on Vista Now I ve tried playing with all the settings I ve spent a lot of time tweaking things but nothing fixes it I think Quality on Audio Poor mic it may have something to do with the gay RealTek Audio Manager which I d like to get rid of but don t know how My audio quality is just very very muffled and low-toned In Master Volume I am using advanced settings and I have everything turned up full blast In the Poor Audio Quality on mic mic s advanced settings Poor Audio Quality on mic Bass and Treble are both set to as low as possible and it doesn t allow me to move them or change them As for drivers according to driveragent com these are the only drivers which are out of date or missing - Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus missing - Intel R GBM GHM ICH -M Family Serial ATA Storage Controller - C - USB Video Device - Broadcom x Integrated Controller - Intel R G ICH Family PCI Express Root Port - D - Intel R G ICH Family PCI Express Root Port - D - Intel R GBM ICH -M LPC Interface Controller - B - SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller - USB Composite Device There must be something that s not right or I m missing PLEASE PLEASE help me out here or I may think about switching back to Vista nbsp

A:Poor Audio Quality on mic

Come on. No one can even help me on THIS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-audio-quality-on-mic.720383/
Relevancy 105.78%

The audio that come out sounds pretty bad. ive changed the bit into the maximum, 24 bit but it still sounds crisp. what can i do? Thanks in advancesound driver: realtek high definiton 6.0.1.7606

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/poor-audio-quality/td-p/5613673
Relevancy 105.78%

I know absolutely nothing about Audio. I know that my speaker set up has a subwoofer. That it connects to the back of my computer through a black, green and orange 3-way spliced cable. I know I took the computer apart to move it to a new case and that's when it started. I use the on board sound card to an ASUS A8N32 SLI board with the proper sound driver.

The assistance feature for the less informed, like myself, says there's something wrong with my green cable. There doesn't seem to be any tears or weak connections.

As for the problem itself. Sound is mildly distorted. There's severe bass tones? where there shouldn't be. Half of the sounds from 3d games like Oblivion, do not register.

A:Poor quality Audio

You should have a Realtek Aux console. Start/Programs/Realtek===> some drop down menu. In there you can set-up your speakers for 2.1, 3.1, 5.1 etc. also there should be a graphics equalizer where you can set base or there can be a tab just for setting how much sub-woofer (volume and cross-over frequency) I set my cross-over at 60Hz.

You need to tell it how many speakers you have, then set your sub-woofer and you should be ok.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poor-quality-audio.50429/
Relevancy 105.78%

I have the Beats by Dre audio software/hardware on my laptop and it sounded great but all of a sudden, some months ago, the audio became very poor. It's quite tinny and very quiet. I feel like it may have occurred after a system/OS update but can;t say for sure. I constantly connect it to a bluetooth speake ror use headphones but it's becoming a pain. I should've dealt with it right away but didn't. any ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Poor-audio-quality/td-p/5640592
Relevancy 105.78%

My user says I'm a "Windows 7 Professional" but I've got a Windows Vista Home Basic too and I was wondering if any of you guys can tell me how to get rid of this "Audio Problem" that I'm having . First, I'm listening to the song that's playing like it should . Second, it's at the end of the song . Third, it stops and makes a crackling sound and goes at the end of the song . If you know what I'm talking about, please tell me how to stop this nonsense .

A:I'm Having Poor Audio Quality!

How about more details?

On 1 song or all songs?

Always at the same point in a given song?

On mp3s, waves, or any file format?

Is this a recent development?

What player are you using?

If it's a recent development and everything was fine at one time, how has your PC been altered since everything was fine? New hardware? Software updates?

Etcetera. More info needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/131645-im-having-poor-audio-quality.html
Relevancy 105.78%

I have the Beats by Dre audio software/hardware on my laptop and it sounded great but all of a sudden, some months ago, the audio became very poor. It's quite tinny and very quiet. I feel like it may have occurred after a system/OS update but can;t say for sure. I constantly connect it to a bluetooth speake ror use headphones but it's becoming a pain. I should've dealt with it right away but didn't. any ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Poor-audio-quality/td-p/5640592
Relevancy 105.78%

I am the proud owner of a 250 g5 notebook for roughly a month now. Everything is working perfect except for the fact that when i want to connect my notebook to my audio setup via the aux port, the quality is very poor. I have tested this on different speakers and the quality sounds way worse than my phone, tv, old computer or any other device with an auxilary output. I have installed new Realtek drivers, but this does not seem to solve the problem. I hope that someone can help me out here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/poor-audio-quality-via-aux-on-HP-250-G5/td-p/5718451
Relevancy 105.35%

Ok before you say its time to buy a new comp it costed so yeah dont Ok so basically i run a dell dimension and after some nut named phlos gave me something that deleted part of hardware "No is Device""No availiable" audio Audio my windows boot i had to reinstall windows and first thing i realised is that i had no audio so i searched around and i was told to install a plug and play enumerator so i did so and i realised i now had of them then realising that everything inserted was showing the duplicate error after that point "No Audio Device""No audio hardware is availiable" i couldnt get rid of the plug and play so "No Audio Device""No audio hardware is availiable" i went to the extreme and reinstalled windows AGAIN this time after having a fidl i discovered that if i tried to install my soundcard it no longer said it didnt exist and it worked yet i had no sound coming out of my speakers because they were plugged into intergrated was saying before hand however this is a basic one of the dell site and not the one that came with my package and i found the disc and tried to install it and halfway through it didnt say any errors i got a blue screen of death displaying that it had something to do with quot NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot or something like that so after rebooting it there was all these muff ups and errors and i no longer had working volume controls so i reinstalled windows again lol this time i tried to install the basic and it didnt work so i am now well and truley lost feel free to ask me questions i just zoomed through this ps i have audio options on my pc intergrated or soundcard niether of the sets of plugs work nbsp

A:"No Audio Device""No audio hardware is availiable"

For the onboard, visit the dell website and get the latest driver from them.
If you want to get the card working instead then google and get everest home edition and use that to identify it.

Which ever you use, the other needs to be disabled in bios (for on board) or removed(for card).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-device-no-audio-hardware-is-availiable.91837/
Relevancy 105.35%

I am unable to find a suitable driver for my computer I have a Compaq Presario R AP GHz GB Ram and have upgraded to windows with SP I did a clean install and all the windows drivers were installed and are compatible except for the Realtek AC audio driver I downloaded and installed the Realtek AC Codecs get to 7 Windows to driver in a Unable audio work Realtek AC'97 from the Realtek website but unfortunately this was unsuccessful Then I downloaded and installed the SP Realtek AC Driver version from the HP website and this was also unsuccessful Finally I downloaded from the Microsoft website the same Audio Driver version and Unable to get a Realtek AC'97 audio driver to work in Windows 7 installed it but unfortunately again this was unsuccessful In the Device manager under Sound video and game controllers it show below quot Realtek AC Audio device quot version but in properties is shows quot This device cannot start Code quot Windows does recognize the sound device but is unable to completely install it even though under the quot driver file details tab quot it show drivers installed in the windows directory I understand that Microsoft does not support the Realtek driver but there must be some kind of fix or even someone out there that is able to rewrite the driver somehow Seems a shame to have to get a new computer because of this as it is very fast with windows even though it is only a Pentium I have no more options and I am asking for help PLEASE Danny nbsp

A:Unable to get a Realtek AC'97 audio driver to work in Windows 7

Try using driver detective or other "driver finder software"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-get-a-realtek-ac97-audio-driver-to-work-in-windows-7.1065130/
Relevancy 105.35%

I Driver to AC'97 Windows7 a Audio get Realtek work in Unable to am unable to Unable to get a Realtek AC'97 Audio Driver to work in Windows7 find a suitable driver for my computer I have a Compaq Presario R AP GHz GB Ram and Unable to get a Realtek AC'97 Audio Driver to work in Windows7 have upgraded to windows with SP I did a clean install and all the windows drivers were installed and are compatible except for Unable to get a Realtek AC'97 Audio Driver to work in Windows7 the Realtek AC' audio driver I downloaded and installed the Realtek AC' Codecs from the Realtek website but unfortunately this was unsuccessful Then I downloaded and installed the SP Realtek AC' Driver version from the HP website and this was also unsuccessful Finally I downloaded from the Microsoft website the same Audio Driver version and installed it but unfortunately again this was unsuccessful In the Device manager under Sound video and game controllers it show below quot Realtek AC' Audio device quot version but in properties is shows quot This device cannot start Code quot Windows does recognize the sound device but is unable to completely install it even though under the quot driver file details tab quot it show drivers installed in the windows directory I understand that Microsoft does not support the Realtek driver but there must be some kind of fix or even someone out there that is able to rewrite the driver somehow Seems a shame to have to get a new computer because of this as it is very fast with windows even though it is only a Pentium I have no more options and I am asking for help PLEASE Danny

A:Unable to get a Realtek AC'97 Audio Driver to work in Windows7

Did you get any error message when installing driver, or did it just complete succesfully?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/246680-unable-get-realtek-ac97-audio-driver-work-windows7.html
Relevancy 104.92%

My audio and video quality has recently gotten very bad. It keeps breaking up, stopping mid-stream and sound is terrible. This is for streaming and playing back music.

A:Poor audio/video quality

My audio and video quality has recently gotten very bad. It keeps breaking up, stopping mid-stream and sound is terrible. This is for streaming and playing back music.Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.I can understand your stress when things stop working as they should.I would like to offer you some assistance with your computer problem, but to make my job easier I would need to know some information about your computer.So introduce us please.Computer make and model number please.Video card and sound card information would be helpful as well.As much as I'd say your video may be an over heating problem, its not common for sound cards to act up, but just the same I have to ask when is the last time you performed any internal computer house keeping?If its been a while, I would suggest you open that computer up if it is a desktop type and inspect cooling fans and heat sinks for dust build up.If we're dealing with a laptop, those can still accumulate dust build up, a can of compressed air will sometimes do the trick with blowing out laptop computers.If you need further instructions please ask, help is a key stroke away.Bruce.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338280/poor-audiovideo-quality/
Relevancy 104.92%

Since installing Windows 8, the audio quality in any MP4 files is distorted and echoes.

This happens regardless of what player I use to view them (You Tube, iTunes, Media Player). If I play a professional video in You Tube it is OK.

All other types of video are fine and all other sound output is fine.

If I transfer the same video to my HTC phone the sound quality is normal.

Can anyone help please????

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/14227-poor-quality-audio-mp4-videos.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Hello forum,

I recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate(32-bit).I earlier had Windows XP Professional 32-bit OS and it was working perfectly.Since i installed Win 7..the quality of the audio is pretty bad(not so sharp,clear).I have an on board realtek audio chipset(mobo from intel).
I checked the speakers,the were perfectly ok.Any Help would be much apprtiated.

Thank you

A:Poor Audio Quality in Windows 7

Have you downloaded and installed the latest Realtek audio driver from Intel for your particular motherboard?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/156519-poor-audio-quality-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 104.92%

It's been a year since I migrated from Windows XP to Windows 7 which I downloaded Realtek HD Audio Manager R2.70 and audio has been working fine except the only issue it didn't come with 'Stereo Mix' preventing capability to record sound direct from the soundcard. It took me 14 months to restore Stereo Mix as each time I was told to update audio drivers I would update HD Audio Manager so what is the difference between these two Realtek ?

I installed Realtek HD Audio Driver R2.72 last night and it restored Stereo Mix which now enables me to record system sound whilst using screen recorders.

Thanks

A:Difference between Realtek HD Audio Manager & Realtek HD Audio Driver

Quote: Originally Posted by Swiftkidd

It's been a year since I migrated from Windows XP to Windows 7 which I downloaded Realtek HD Audio Manager R2.70 and audio has been working fine except the only issue it didn't come with 'Stereo Mix' preventing capability to record sound direct from the soundcard. It took me 14 months to restore Stereo Mix as each time I was told to update audio drivers I would update HD Audio Manager so what is the difference between these two Realtek ?

I installed Realtek HD Audio Driver R2.72 last night and it restored Stereo Mix which now enables me to record system sound whilst using screen recorders.

Thanks

Realtek HD Audio Manager is a software driver used on Windows computers. It handles recording and playback of audio programs. It is required for many audio programs to operate.

While Realtek HD Audio Drivers is a tool that allows you to listen to audio in HD on your PC.

Stereo Mix is used to transfer audio that the PC is playing to recording software such as Audacity, so that you can record what you?re hearing.

When one upgrade their OS like in your case from XP to Win7 with the same motherboard and sound card it is always advised & recommended to download the latest soundcard driver, because the only thing that had changed was the operating system.

The advice is not to go to windows for it, but to go to the motherboard manufacturer, because it would be specialised for the system rather than a generic driver, which might not be as good, or even cause problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/310827-difference-between-realtek-hd-audio-manager-realtek-hd-audio-driver.html
Relevancy 104.49%

what exactly is Realtek AC'97 Audio which is on my computer.

Relevancy 104.49%

Running Windows XP Priofessional 2002.
Msn 7.0...WeWa Camera shown as loaded...and works in its own window using its software..(But not shown in "Add/Remove programs?)
When trying to use web cam in MSN..message from MSN says "Unable to use Audio/Video Wizard at this time."
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Ray

A:"Unable to use Audio/Video Wizard at this time."

Hello to all techguy supporters and CI5 members.
Have now solved this problem myself.
Loaded new 7.5 MSN Messenger over the top of the old one.
Works perfectly now.
Keep safe.
45 OUTCI5 members

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-use-audio-video-wizard-at-this-time.402167/
Relevancy 103.63%

Hi,

I am running an AMD 2700+ on a MSI K7N2 Delta motherboard with 512mb of ram. Video Card is an ATI All in Wonder 9000. When I play a CD in either drive (Lite-on 52x24x52 CD Burner or Lite-on DVD-Rom ) The audio pops and scratches like I was playing a vinyl record on a phonograph. I tried different cd's and the same thing happens. All the CD's I tried were CD's I Bought in the store not burned. I checked all my sound settings and I enabled DMA on both CD-Roms and still the same thing. I disconnected the analog audio cables inside the computer to see if that was the problem and no luck. Any suggestions????

Thanks in advance

Carl

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-audio-quality-poor-when-playing-on-computer.243918/
Relevancy 103.63%

My audio sounds slightly distorted especially the high frequencies while listening to MP s at a normal listening volume and there s some air noise only when a song is playing A sound quality Poor card? audio - the Is it The Source CD had copy guard protection which distorts sound quality when transferred to a computer B The songs were recorded at too low of a quality because the person who made them was frugal with HDD space C The Poor audio quality - Is it the sound card? sound card is of poor Poor audio quality - Is it the sound card? quality and isn t quot rendering quot the sounds correctly If quot C quot is correct as I suspect what sound card would you recommend I listen to Music and watch DVD s on my system I m not really into Poor audio quality - Is it the sound card? gamming I m looking for high quality and willing to pay a little more for it I would like Dolby SS support I have heard that Audiogy SP is pretty good there s like different grades of it though so I m a bit unsure of which is right for me Any help is greatly appreciated as usual nbsp

A:Poor audio quality - Is it the sound card?

You probably can't go wrong with the Audigy cards or any of the middle to top end Sound Blasters. The cheaper SB's give distortions- that you may be experieincing- on some mother boards. I have a little machine in the bed room with one in there and the voices sound like robots many times.

Check out Turtle Beach. They have good cards for a little money and the sound control software is pretty cool. They usually ship with mixers and custom stuff in the software bundle. I have a old Quadzilla 2 in the game machine here and it's still kicking. This one doesn't do surround sound from the CD player but the new ones do. My neighbors can hear Godsmack from across the street when I wind this one up.

Bottom line. Stay with the well known sound guys and you should do ok without having to hire a research team to compare products. Be willing to drop a couple hundred geeta on a card and you'll be in business.

Don't forget to have good speakers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-audio-quality-is-it-the-sound-card.130721/
Relevancy 103.63%

Hello nbsp As a musician I like to Poor All-In-One on quality Audio Microphone HP PC. 23-R115a use the Voice Recorder nbsp app in Windows to do quick recordings of musical inspiration when the moments presents Poor Microphone Audio quality on HP 23-R115a All-In-One PC. itself I then store these 'Draft' musical ideas into my professional Recording Software package Cakewalk Sonar X nbsp nbsp I have a HP -R a All-In-One PC Using the Poor Microphone Audio quality on HP 23-R115a All-In-One PC. following AMD High Definition Audio Device Audio Codec Realtek ALC -CG and I find that the audio quality of the resultant m a files are really bad quality and super lossy with heaps of compression artifacts nbsp It's important to note that nbsp he playback within Voice Recorder is crap from the outset nbsp so it's not the Cakewalk software nbsp Is there a way I can edit alter re-define the Microphone recording parameters nbsp I've tried changing the audio quality of nbsp these options nbsp in the Microphone properties via Control Panel as well as update the driver but there is no change to poor quality nbsp nbsp nbsp TIA

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Poor-Microphone-Audio-quality-on-HP-23-R115a-All-In-One-PC/td-p/5614527
Relevancy 103.63%

I just bought a new laptop and tried the HDMI, but there is no audio and the image is poor.

It's an Asus X501A with Pentium 2020M Ivy Bridge and Intel HD Graphics.

I tried changing the output resolution, to tweak the audio properties, etc.

No success.

Any idea?

Thanks.

A:HDMI on TV no audio, poor quality image

Video and sound are separate, although both should be in the HDMI signal - IF THE PC Supports this.

When you plug in the HDMI cable most system will change the default audio playback device to HDMI. However, it sounds like yours is not doing this. With the HDMI cable plugged in, go to the Sound Panel, Playback section. the HDMI should be set as the default Playback device.

If you still cannot get HDMI audio, contact ASUS, since this is a new PC (or the place where you purchased it).

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/23985-hdmi-tv-no-audio-poor-quality-image.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Hello all I just got Windows Pro as a gift from a friend and installed it just a few hours ago and I noticed that I am having audio problems Basically put it's sort of random when this happens but it seems to happen when sounds play rapidly as letting a audio que play it's part will play with no popping nosies here ALC662) Audio Problems Realtek Popping Windows (Realtek is an example of me showing this by using the sound that plays when you change audio Vocaroo Voice message The first seconds are me playing the sound slow with no popping Then the sound starts popping when I change volume rapidly I also checked DPC Latency Checker and everything is running smoothly imgur the simple image sharer I have all the latest drivers installed and this happens with with no drivers I just can't seem to figure out what Windows Realtek Audio Popping Problems (Realtek ALC662) the issue is here EDIT I forgot to mention that I've tried disabling drivers removing the USB Keyboard and Mouse as well as setting the audio to CD Quality Thanks in Advance to the person who could help me with this

A:Windows Realtek Audio Popping Problems (Realtek ALC662)

What type of speaker system are you using ? Monitor with HDMI, check video card settings ? Could be conflicting driver, possibly Video card. Also mattering to speakers used, check for loose connections, something could be disturbing speakers.

Lots of reasons for popping and stuttering. Integrated card or PCI Slot Card?

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/57444-windows-realtek-audio-popping-problems-realtek-alc662.html
Relevancy 103.63%

I "failed install to SiS audio for 7012 Windows device driver XP" formatted my computer installed winxp sp and the driver for my multimedia device was SiS 7012 audio device "failed to install driver for Windows XP" lost i ran everest to check what it was and its SiS audio device an odd thing was when it said my motherboard name is unknown its a laptop I downloaded different drivers but non of them were succesful i tried installing one and a failure error pop up quot failed to install driver for windows xp quot check link or thumbnail i tried installing winme exe for windows ME driver but it didnt work tried changing install directories but didnt work either i donwloaded drivers from SIS home page but didnt work either please help i am most concerned about my sound device rather than the mother board here are my specs http img imageshack us my php image failed wm jpg Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name Unknown Motherboard Chipset SiS FX System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type AMI Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter ATI Mobility Radeon M M D Accelerator ATI Mobility Radeon M M Multimedia Audio Adapter SiS Audio Device Storage IDE Controller SiS PCI IDE Controller Disk Drive TOSHIBA MK GAX GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R DVD x x x CD x x x DVD-RW SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free D NTFS MB MB free Total Size GB GB free BIOS Properties Vendor American Megatrends Inc Version Release Date Size KB Boot Devices Floppy Disk Hard Disk CD-ROM ATAPI ZIP LS- Capabilities Flash BIOS Shadow BIOS Selectable Boot EDD BBS Smart Battery Supported Standards DMI APM ACPI ESCD PnP Expansion Capabilities ISA PCI AGP USB nbsp

A:SiS 7012 audio device "failed to install driver for Windows XP"

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go to your laptop manufacturers website. You should be able to get your drivers there.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sis-7012-audio-device-failed-to-install-driver-for-windows-xp.48108/
Relevancy 103.63%

Hi I recently upgraded Windows Vista Ultimate to Windows XP Professional Service Pack in order to get a lot of things working and after a fatal Windows Virus a lot of the programs I need to use aren't compatible with Vista yet Vista Hi isn't Driver SP2 working "UPGRADED" XP to I Pro Def since [SOLVED] Audio so I had no choice but to reformat So anyway I formatted the hard [SOLVED] Hi Def Audio Driver isn't working since I "UPGRADED" Vista to XP Pro SP2 drive Then I went ahead and did a clean install of Windows XP Professional edition Everything is working fine and all my drivers are backed up except for my High Definition Audio Controller I have read another thread with the same problem but for another type of machine and a person found a possible but non working solution please read so you are on the same level here After almost becoming desperate looking for a solution and by try-and-error my brother H ctor has [SOLVED] Hi Def Audio Driver isn't working since I "UPGRADED" Vista to XP Pro SP2 managed to solve the question - Download hdaudbus sys version easy to find via emule be sure is from Microsoft Corp size KB - Copy paste and remove newer version from C Windows system DRIVERS - Install Realtek drivers for XP and if asked maintain older version - Done You will probably asked to reboot after hearing a typical xp sound Good luck I did the process and followed each step this person took This did stop the orange exclamation next to the Aud Driver finding itself and I did the reboot and started the PC again and the computer installed quot Legacy Audio Codecs quot and other drivers and say they are working properly but I have no sound working and when I run a program such as Sound Recorder or Volume Control I am presented with an error saying I have no Audio Mixer installed So the problem hasn't really solved Please tell me if I need anymore information And please help me solve this problem I will do my best to provide all of the information you need i p s My system specs are Dell Inspiron Laptop Genuine Intel CPU T GHz GHz GB of RAM XP Professional Version Service Pack GB HDD WDC WD BEVS- LATO ATi Mobility Radeon X Graphics card I think its MB RAM

A:[SOLVED] Hi Def Audio Driver isn't working since I "UPGRADED" Vista to XP Pro SP2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-hi-def-audio-driver-isnt-working-since-i-and-quot-upgraded-and-quot-vista-to-xp-pro-sp2-313679.html
Relevancy 103.2%

I turned my computer on today and the quot found new hardware quot message popped up I had my mobile phone plugged into usb so I assumed it was that so I cancelled then I came to play a video file tonight and there was no sound I went to check it wasn t muted on the little spear icon in the tray but the icon wasn t there Thats when I thought maybe the driver was for my speakers but Ive no idea how it could be I restarted my computer and the quot found new hardware quot message came up again so I looked into it and it was telling me it found quot Multimedia Audio Controller quot "Multimedia problem Audio driver Controller" So some how my sound has messed up and I dont know how to fix it My computer is a Gericom laptop running XP with Intel Centrino processor I "Multimedia Audio Controller" driver problem have no idea at "Multimedia Audio Controller" driver problem all what the sound system is I was told to run quot Aida quot find out what my motherboard is then go to their site to find the new driver However I get this info from Aida Motherboard Properties Motherboard ID - - - - - -ODEM B Motherboard Name - Unknown I don t know where to start in solving this problem so I thought maybe some helpful people here may be able to help me out Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 103.2%

I have an evesham laptop, not sure what model, which has internal speakers which normally work fairly loud - they recently just stopped working and I am clueless about computers so have no idea why... but i also have my cd speakers, and when they are plugged in the sound will only play very very quietly even when the volume is on max. I went to sound and audio setting in the control panel and it says there is no audio device, but everything is on max. Its not something silly like the volume being muted or anything. I downloaded a new sound driver (whatever that is) but that didn't help. I went through trouble shooter and tried everything it suggested except something to do with the BIOS because it advised me not to do that. Have been trying for a few days to get my sound back. Please help...

A:Solved: "No Audio Driver" - No sound from speakers

Forgot to mention I have Windows XP, if that affects anything...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-audio-driver-no-sound-from-speakers.746846/
Relevancy 102.77%

i just installed this DVD drive- Quote http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId it came bundled with Nero Essentials I then clicking now cd, audio cd" icon dvd an "Audio get error drive, when new made burned a cd using iTunes when it finished i looked at the quot Audio CD quot in quot My Computer quot and it says Quote Free new dvd drive, made an audio cd, now get error when clicking "Audio cd" icon Space kb Total Size kb I am very confused because when i open it the audio files are there and they play individually But when i click the quot Audio CD quot it gives me an error saying- Quote This file new dvd drive, made an audio cd, now get error when clicking "Audio cd" icon does not have an program associated with it for performing this action Create an association in the folder options control panel So i did what it says and directed it Windows Media Player i then click the quot Audio CD quot icon and it opens WMP and WMP gives me an error saying Quote Windows Media Player cannot find the file If you are trying new dvd drive, made an audio cd, now get error when clicking "Audio cd" icon to play burn or sync an item that is in your library the item might point to a file that has been moved renamed or deleted But when i locate the cd from within WMP it plays just fine So i then try it with Nero Showtime When i click the icon now nero brings up a menu saying that my serial number has updates that are available for me to install i click the install button it uninstalls the current version and begins the installing the update it then says that it needs to restart windows at it will continue on startup it restarts and never continues installing and then i dont even have the original one So i reinstall the original version but anytime i do anything with nero it wants me to install the update I would like to find out whats going on with the quot Audio CD quot icon Also when viewing the files it shows me this

A:new dvd drive, made an audio cd, now get error when clicking "Audio cd" icon

If you burned it with Itunes I believe you have to associate to Itunes.
If it is a .cda you should be able to associate it to WMP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/new-dvd-drive-made-an-audio-cd-now-get-error-when-clicking-audio-cd-icon-365070.html
Relevancy 102.77%

I'm running a Dell XPS which came with Windows Vista I decided this morning that I was going to give Windows a try backed up some media on another PC and did a completely fresh install Everything worked perfectly I didn't even Audio Output Installed" Audio Device "No working, stops have to install any drivers Audio stops working, "No Audio Output Device Installed" My native resolution was automatically correct the sound worked Audio stops working, "No Audio Output Device Installed" the internet worked everything was dandy It worked perfectly and for the record I really enjoyed it I used it for several hours getting used to the new features and whatnot I went to sleep for a few hours and then went out for a while When I came back the sound had stopped working It gave me no error at the time it just didn't work WinAmp wouldn't play my MP s Youtube videos were without audio system sounds weren't playing and yet the volume was enabled and at an audible level of My speakers were still connected properly too I figured maybe a reboot was in order and when I restarted there was no sound still Now however the speaker taskbar icon had a red x next to it with the words quot No Audio Output Device is installed quot on the tooltip I rebooted again and there was no change Using the Windows trouble shooter it says that quot Hardware changes might not have been detected quot The odd thing is this has happened to me before with Windows Vista I wanted to perform a clean re-install of Vista and when I did so the sound worked perfectly for a few hours before going out again I would re-install Vista and the sound would come back and then go away again after several hours with no logical rhyme or reason About five Vista reformats in the problem ceased and it worked for upwards of a year and was still working when I decided to try When it started happening on I figured alright I've got nothing to lose and re-installed again Didn't work Now it installed without sound at all and three additional re-install attempts have gotten the same results I'd really appreciate it if maybe somebody had some ideas I really want to give this a go for a while

A:Audio stops working, "No Audio Output Device Installed"

Hi filmtrauma, welcome to the forums.

While you have been asleep, Windows Update may have installed a new Sound driver for you which may have caused this error. Open Windows Update and click 'View Update History'....

You could try downloading the latest drivers from the hardware manufacturer, a lot are now supporting Windows 7 too..

Also, is your sound hardware plugged in (to the motherboard) securely? It's rare but i've dealt with some cases of hardware coming loose, might be worth a look. Another thing to check may be the temperature of the card, it may be getting overly hot due to a dust build up (might not be, i'm not 100% up-to-date on all sound hardware).

Hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/19963-audio-stops-working-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 102.34%

I recently purchased an Insipron 14z 5423 running Windows 8.  I've generally found the sound quality coming from the laptop speakers (I have yet to try it with headphones or external speakers) to be mediocre-to-poor.  The volume is barely, if at all, inaudible with the volume slider set at under 50% (and not all that loud even when the slider is at the highest volume) and the sound is generally tinny and of poor quality.  I don't know whether there might be software fixes such as other drivers that might help (I downloaded the most recent version of the IDT driver), whether my speakers are defective, or whether this is just how the speakers on this system are.  If anyone has advice/insight, please let me know.

A:Inspiron 14z 5423: poor audio quality/volume

Hi dontstopbelieving,
Thank you for the update. Good to know that you updated the audio drivers. As mentioned in the post, I request you to check with external speakers or ear phones.  Revert with the status to assist you further.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19511901
Relevancy 101.91%

I have an evesham laptop with windows XP, not sure what model, which has internal speakers which normally work fairly loud - they recently just stopped working and I am clueless about computers so have no idea why... but i also have my cd speakers, and when they are plugged in the sound will only play very very quietly even when the volume is on max. I went to sound and audio setting in the control panel and it says there is no audio device, but everything is on max. Its not something silly like the volume being muted or anything. I downloaded a new sound driver (whatever that is) but that didn't help. I went through trouble shooter and tried everything it suggested except something to do with the BIOS because it advised me not to do that. Have been trying for a few days to get my sound back. Please help...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-driver-no-sound-from-speakers.746854/
Relevancy 101.91%

I had to install an audio driver after I wiped my laptop s hard drive But there were two options on my laptop model s driver-download site and I first tried to install the incorrect driver It wasn t even compatible with my laptop I then installed the proper one but the incorrect one keeps giving me notifications that it s not quot properly installed quot So now whenever windows starts it warns me with a balloon saying that quot A problem occurred when trying to install new hardware quot And then this window pops up every time http i tinypic com nr i y jpg How do I take Trying "cancel" installation audio the driver? to of this off all traces of that driver I tried going to quot device manager quot and choosing quot uninstall quot but that isn t working Edit Sorry I have an HP Compaq Presario V Here s the driver I shouldn t have Trying to "cancel" the installation of this audio driver? installed http h www hp com bizsupport TechSupport SoftwareDescription jsp lang en amp cc us amp prodTypeId amp prodSeriesId amp prodNameId amp swEnvOID amp swLang amp mode amp taskId amp swItem ob- - This is the one that WAS correct http h www hp com bizsupport TechSupport SoftwareDescription jsp lang en amp cc us amp prodTypeId amp prodSeriesId amp prodNameId amp swEnvOID amp swLang amp mode amp taskId amp swItem ob- - nbsp

Relevancy 101.91%

can't install VIA HIGH DEFINITION(HD) AUDIO DRIVER in Windows 8 Dev. Preview x64.tried 4 to 5 different versions.but none of them would install.i can't get FRONT PANEL HEADPHONE output with default Windows audio.speakers works fine.

error :

A:"VIA HD AUDIO DRIVER" Installation Error !!

Welcome to Eight Forums Joygr11. Is this a laptop, what graphics card, motherboard make model?
You could try installing in compatibility mode for Windows 7 SP1.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/3147-via-hd-audio-driver-installation-error.html
Relevancy 101.91%

Issue can't install recommended  latest driver for Audio Realtek  Ver 6.0.1.7737, A04
When pointing to driver location   getting generic message   >>  " Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date "
" Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date "
The only option left is to close the window and driver stays still at  showing at:
######################
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 10/29/2015
Driver Version: 10.0.10586.0
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows
#############################

Please help on this greatly appreciated 
possibly due driver digital signature maybe if so what would be ways to do a work around.

Thank you

" Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date "

A:Unable to install latest Realtek Audio driver Ver 6.0.1.7737, A04 on Dell XPS 15 9550

Look in Device Manager under the Sound, Video, Game Controllers section for the Realtek High Definition Audio device and see what it says there as far as the driver info. This is where the real driver info is located. Do not look under the Audio Inputs and Outputs section.
JohnD

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19678553
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi, I have a pb EasyNote MX37-T-003 with a Realtek ALC861, the volume when playing any audio is very low and when setting up my web cam on msn the microphone sound recogniser(the bar that raises to red when loudness is at it's max) will barely leave the floor. It runs vista and when using msn no sound is recieved at the connected computer. All volume settings are set to max and I have even used the record sound tool and playback was very quite. am a true novice at this so any help would be greatfully recieved.
Thanks all

A:Poor audio Realtek ALC861

Reload the realtek drivers...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poor-audio-realtek-alc861.116771/
Relevancy 101.48%

Hello, I'm new to this forum, and as such I have no clue where to post this, so, as I'm using vista, I figured I might as well post it here. Mods, please move this to the appropriate forum.

So, I'm using audacity, and recording the audio playing through my computer. Essentially, I'm recording what's coming through my speakers. The sound itself is crisp and clear. Upon playback of the recording, the dialogue is very hollow, and if there's music, the notes have a lot of static with them.
I have tested several things, including changing my Sterio Mix volume and quality. It's currently set at 16 bit 44100Hz. I have tried increasing the Hz, but that actually reduced the quality.

To sum it up, the original output is excellent, but the recording is low quality. Could anyone help with this? Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Recording audio on computer, poor quality playback.

Wait. Why are you recording your speakers?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-recording-audio-on-computer-poor-quality-playback-274079.html
Relevancy 101.48%

HP ENVY TouchSmart -j nr Notebook PC ENERGY STAR Model E A UAWhen Windows was giving a free low not ... Poor working Envy sound, HP 21 quality, Audio Beats Windows upgrade from I upgraded Since then I have had very low sound from only the front speakers near my wrists and low quality like they are from a really old game boy Beats Audio does not work and there are no drivers for it I have scoured the internet for a solution HP Envy 21 Poor quality, low sound, Beats Audio not working ... to my problem but I have not found one I have checked every other week researching I've been in the properties and drivers I even did a Windows Update at the time of installation and have kept it current to see if there is a fix to no avail nbsp HP Doesn't find any updated drivers for my computer for audio Beats Audio has no software or drivers for my computer either Again I have not found the same problem with a solution None have worked so far Please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Envy-21-Poor-quality-low-sound-Beats-Audio-not-working/td-p/5853845
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi All

i am at the end of my tether with this machine. the sound quality is terrible. the only way i can hear anything is if i am in a silent room and then its difficult to hear. i bought the laptop brandnew so i doubt its the speakers as the sound as always been this bad. i have updated my drivers and still my audio is woeful. please help!

regards

Rich

A:poor sound quality Lenovo Ideapad Conexant Audio HD

Originally Posted by mightycee79

Hi All

i am at the end of my tether with this machine. the sound quality is terrible. the only way i can hear anything is if i am in a silent room and then its difficult to hear. i bought the laptop brandnew so i doubt its the speakers as the sound as always been this bad. i have updated my drivers and still my audio is woeful. please help!

regards

Rich

Hi,
Welcome to the forums, you could try installing Dolby Home Theatre 4, installation instructions are in this link:https://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/attach...eater%20v4.pdf
HTH.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/51771-poor-sound-quality-lenovo-ideapad-conexant-audio-hd.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hey guys This is my first post and I hope I can get some help A few days ago my brother set up may laptop and installed a fresh copy of Windows XP Pro Everything was all fine Solved: realtek audio "cannot ac'97 start (code10) until I realized that I Solved: realtek ac'97 audio "cannot start (code10) had no sound then I went into Device Manager and found a black exclaimation mark in a yellow bubble on my sound driver I right-clicked it and went to quot Properties quot In the text box it said quot This device cannot start Code quot I cannot seem to fix this issue I went to RealTek and downloaded them again but nothings happened i couldn t find that match on my model Operating System Microsoft Window XP Professional Os Service Pack Service Pack CPU Type Mobile Intel Pentium M J MHz x Motherboard Name Acer Extensa Motherboard Chipset Intel Alviso-G i GM Bios Type Phoenix Multimedia Audio Adapter Intel FBM ICHG-M - AC Audio Controller B- Pls can Someone Help me pls nbsp

Relevancy 101.05%

i am running a windows 7 and my computer cannot play audio or play videos.there is a speakerphone in the bottom right of the screen that has a X over it.When i click it nothing happens.After a while then it opens and then freezes.Also when i open up services.msc and try to restart/stop "windows audio" It just says stopping and nothing is resolved.I tried restarting 10 times still does not work.A week before i had this problem and when i went to internet explore,videos and audio started working.Now this method does not work(i was using Google chrome.

If you need anymore info please ask

A:No audio is coming from computer because of service "windows audio"

There are many posts on here about this problem. Have you looked over those?

One thing, sadly in many cases it is a Windows OS problem and Windows reinstall is needed to fix it. But, look over the other posts and possible fixes. If none of these work, the last resort is to reinstall Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/395064-no-audio-coming-computer-because-service-windows-audio.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Having major troubles with my computer s audio It has not worked since windows explorer crashed and restarted a few days ago I have tried literally every solution I could find listed on the web from uninstalling and re-installing the drivers to checking to see if the program was enabled making sure that it was set to automatic startup etc the list goes on Finally I gave up and bought a new sound card- however the problem still persists It seems unfixable and so at the end of my rope I have turned here for anyone who might be able to help me with my issue Basically what is happening is this- no matter what the audio device my computer lists it as working- but whenever I try to raise the volume or access the volume Device Installed" Audio Not Problem- Major "Audio mixer it says quot no audio device installed quot despite the fact that everything else says it is working just fine And of course I can t hear anything at all and this problem has even persisted after I installed a brand new sound card What is happening and yes I made CERTAIN the new sound card was the default so that is not Major Audio Problem- "Audio Device Not Installed" the problem Any help Major Audio Problem- "Audio Device Not Installed" is greatly appreciated Computer is a Dell Inspiron Vista OS nbsp

Relevancy 101.05%

Hello,

I got a BSOD about a week ago, and finally finished reinstalling Windows XP, SP2, all my games, updating the system and my MoBo boot disk. After all this, I am getting a yellow exclamation point on "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus". I have downloaded all the driver updates, according to what Microsoft and a few other tech sites have suggested would fix it. But, regardless, it still has that !. I am getting sound through my headset, but nothing through my speakers.

I'm pretty sure I just have an on-board soundcard. Here are my specs-
Motherboard- S-Series Support AMD Socket AM2 M61P-S3 from Gigabyte Tech
Chipset- AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 Dual Core
VidCard- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
RAM-Not sure exact brand and all, pretty sure it 2GB of Corsair with Heat Sink.

Hope that about covers it!

Relevancy 100.62%

when i try to record "what i hear" i have to uncheck the stereo mix mute in the options of the control panel of the drivers, but whats the problem.. when i record what i hear sound i got very low quality.. i tryed to record with differend extensions as mp3 and wav but the result is the same.. i think that the problem are the Realtek HD Audio Drivers so please help..

i use winxp home edition sp2 and for record focus mp3 recorder pro and fraps (get the same results)

thnx in advance, jREV

A:Realtek HD Audio Drivers: low quality

What is your computer's make and model? You can go to the manufacturer's support website and download and install the latest audio drivers. Is XP fully updated from Microsoft's Update website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-drivers-low-quality.102570/
Relevancy 100.62%

Help. I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 64bit (on my HP Vista 32 machine). Life is grand! My problems started when I tried to listen to the microphone input through my speakers. The front microphone inputs did not work so I downlaed the Realtek HD Audio Drivers (recently updated) from the realtek site. The inputs now work and I can record from the microphone through the Sound Recorder app in Accessories but can not hear the microphone through the speakers while I am recording. After searching the web I noticed a lot of chatter about setting things up in the Realtek HD Audio Manager. This app does not show up in my control panel. Does anyone know where I can get it (if I really need it). The Realtek site only has the driver download (not the manager). Am I missing something, am I confused, or both?

A:Realtek HD Audio Manager and Realtek Audio Driver

Quote: Originally Posted by NTexan

Help. I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 64bit (on my HP Vista 32 machine). Life is grand! My problems started when I tried to listen to the microphone input through my speakers. The front microphone inputs did not work so I downlaed the Realtek HD Audio Drivers (recently updated) from the realtek site. The inputs now work and I can record from the microphone through the Sound Recorder app in Accessories but can not hear the microphone through the speakers while I am recording. After searching the web I noticed a lot of chatter about setting things up in the Realtek HD Audio Manager. This app does not show up in my control panel. Does anyone know where I can get it (if I really need it). The Realtek site only has the driver download (not the manager). Am I missing something, am I confused, or both?

Welcome to SF!
Realtek HD Control Panel is in the Windows notification area. See image below. I hope I helped!

"PLEASE REP ANYONE WHO HELPS YOU"

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/102675-realtek-hd-audio-manager-realtek-audio-driver.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Just recently, installed Windows XP proffessional all drivers have been installed but when i go to Device manager there on Sound, video and game controllers there is one driver named "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus" I see an Exclamination mark (!) here is a snap to show you what I mean.

Relevancy 99.33%

Hello guys In the other forum that I do participate I found a tutorial about the Realtek HD Quality! Sound Realtek HD Audio Improve Audio RHDA chipsets Making the long history Improve Realtek HD Audio Sound Quality! short all RHDA have a paid driver for the Gigabyte mobos that makes then emulate a X-Fi sound card Of curse it is not a quality of a real X-Fi but I could see a small change in the sound quality The original post Apr Realtek R VIA HD Audio driver for X-Fi MB Software Can't believe how stupid some people Improve Realtek HD Audio Sound Quality! are X-Fi MB is much like a Winamp audio enhancement plug-in and provides better effects than Realtek It does improve your sound experience However this is not a hardware upgrade does not improve RMAA tests and won't make the built-in DACs better Don't you believe me Get a loopback cable disable all effects configure the mixer accordingly and do the tests yourself If you still cannot understand this sorry for you Some people are so easy to cheat Read reviews learn and maybe some day you'll understand Finally the X-Fi MB costs way expensive for an audio plugin For Newegg you can buy an Audigy SE and enjoy incredibly better sound than a codec can provide EDIT for a good laugh Mussels Aussie Moderator TPU Forums quot Yes its true it wont do any hardware changes or any big upgrades but if you're changing the sound profile via EQ's and the equaliser i'm sure the RMAA results would change somewhat quot OMG LOL Do you even know what RMAA is for Please read all the docs at http audio rightmark org download shtml From RMAA manual quot For higher precision disable all equalizer D effects and such quot From X-Fi RMMA guide by Creative quot Disable All Effects including CMSS- D EAX -bit Crystalizer Graphic Equalizer THX Setup quot From Audigy ZS RMAA guide by Creative quot Disable All Effects including CMSS- D EAX Karaoke Equalizer THX Setup and Speaker Calibration quot Link to the first idea Realtek R X-Fi mod driver - techPowerUp Forums I hope you alll enjoy this as I do Cheers

A:Improve Realtek HD Audio Sound Quality!

The link doesn't works:

Please read all the docs at http://audio.rightmark.org/download.shtml.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/61048-improve-realtek-hd-audio-sound-quality.html
Relevancy 98.47%

After updating my Windows bit Home Edition with the anniversary update I realized that the sound quality declined slightly The difference is not too big but as a musician I feel it clearly I am focusing on headphone usage switching to problem Realtek audio after HD W10 quality Play B&O Annivers... built-in speakers the difference is less sensible The sound level decreased significantly I had to raise the volume bar from to - to have the same volume Also the overall quality richness stereophonic effect reverberation is decreased by - The sound became a little bit blunt compared to the state before updating the system nbsp I removed deleted the software driver completely and tried all versions of available drivers published on HP support page related to my notebook the result is the same nbsp Realtek HD Audio Driver nbsp versions which I tried - - nbsp - - - - nbsp My system nbsp HP Pavilion t M H AV L S Realtek HD Audio ALC with B amp O Play nbsp Any comments are welcome

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/B-amp-O-Play-Realtek-HD-audio-quality-problem-after-W10/td-p/5725394
Relevancy 98.04%

I am sick and disgusted by this unreasonable nbsp blind robot strategy from all the supports I could contact to try and solve Audio no Popping sounds, multiple after still RMA's... solution the main problem I have with the HP Laptop nbsp The support Audio Popping sounds, still no solution after multiple RMA's... I have been given from HP Support in the forums and local HP support and RMA service nbsp Every time I try to ask any of the people working in these companies to tell the infamous HP engineers to take a look at this issue or get them informed because clearly either all of the hardware parts are defective as my laptop has gone through system board replacements or the drivers are bad nbsp I get a response that They're not in power to influence this issue and are unable to change anything THEN WHO IS The RMA service refuses to refund the product the product still hasn't been fixed after RMA's in total I am just wasting my time and they're wasting theirs by replacing the defective part with a different defective part because they're all defective nbsp How do I put a stop to Audio Popping sounds, still no solution after multiple RMA's... this nbsp How can I get in contact with HP Engineers so they can find the solution nbsp nbsp P S I feel like I should be paid for this this is utmost ridiculous never had this much problems with a product I PAID money for I don't want to deal with this horrible product and support I've received from HP I feel like I've been scammed spent over and only gotten problems from it My post was moved to a different section for some reason no replies what is going on with this company

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-Popping-sounds-still-no-solution-after-multiple-RMA-s/td-p/5821394
Relevancy 97.61%

I am in my device manager and am unable to update my Multimedia Audio Controller device. I have been unable to use my headset for gaming and I was thinking this could be the problem. My computer was also assembled by a friend who is better with computer than I. I do not know very much about the inner working of PC's so any help with this situation would be wonderful! Thank you

A:Multimedia Audio Controller unable to find driver updates

Hi,

Follow the below mentioned steps in order which could fix the issue:

Click "Start". Right-click the "My Computer? icon. Choose "Properties," "Hardware" and "Device Manager."

Click "Sound, video and game controllers". Right-click the multimedia audio controller and choose "Update Driver". Click "Next". Allow Windows to search its driver database for updated drivers.

Go to the sound card, motherboard or computer manufacturer website. Go to the download section and check for updated sound card drivers. Download the drivers to your computer if you find an update.

Double-click the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions to go through the driver installation. Generally you choose an installation location, agree to the license agreement and click "Next" until the installation is complete. Restart your computer.

Let us know the Results

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/259258-multimedia-audio-controller-unable-find-driver-updates.html
Relevancy 97.61%

quot no audio device "No -- sound playback card "no "no device" -- audio found" was device" quot quot no playback device quot quot No Sound Card was found quot ok I m stuck puzzled I recently had a professional computer fix it company wipe my computer and now I do not have any "No audio device" -- "no playback device" -- "no sound card was found" sound I do not have even the little icon "No audio device" -- "no playback device" -- "no sound card was found" on the bottom left hand corner "No audio device" -- "no playback device" -- "no sound card was found" to turn volume up or down My keyboard does not allow me to turn the volume up or down it seems unresponsive to volume but does light up on the screen showing VOLUME but of course there is no volume I am computer illiterate and thirsty for answers Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Build Media Center Edition Version Service Pack System Manufacturer HP Pavilion System Model Enclosure Type Desktop RC AA-ABA a n BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM DirectX Version DirectX c Control Panel gt Sounds and Audio Devices gt Volume indicates quot no sound quot and Device Volume is all the way to LOW and everything is GREY and untouchable unchangeable Control Panel gt Sounds and Audio Devices gt Audio indicates quot no playback devices quot on Sound Playback Sound recording is working fine as I use skype many times but I can not hear the other party but they can hear me just fine Starting with the BIOS I went into Audio and made sure this was enabled it was downloaded installed Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio and downloaded installed REALTEK AC Audio the DEVICE MANAGER gt system speaker says there are no drivers installed for this device Device Manager shows NO yellow flags DEVICE MANAGER gt Sound video and game controllers has gt ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA gt Audio Codecs gt Legacy Audio Codecs gt Legacy Video Capture Devices gt Media Control Devices gt USB Audio Device gt Video Codecs Checking all hardware reveals that all devices Audio Codecs Legacy Audio Devices Media Control Devices etc are working properly I have tried the Windows XP trouble shooting menus without success I have RUN gt typed in quot services msc then checked Windows Audio gt General verified that Start up type is quot Automatic quot and even gt Windows Audio gt Restart the Service on all failures yet still no sound I have checked the speakers and it seems like there is noise static coming out but i can only hear it if earplugs are plugged in so it seems that the connection is fine after RUN gt typing in quot dxdiag quot DIRECTXDIAGNOSTIC TOOL gt Sound it reads under notes quot No sound card was found If one is expected you should install a sound driver provided bv the hardware manufacturer quot This is where I get fuzzy and lost Do I need a new sound card installed Is that the problem I would be grateful for any advice that could be offered Please speak in laymans terms and explain in detail your directions Thank you kindly nbsp

A:"No audio device" -- "no playback device" -- "no sound card was found"

STLj said:

<snip>
after RUN>
typing in "dxdiag"
DIRECTXDIAGNOSTIC TOOL>Sound
it reads under notes,
"No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided bv the hardware manufacturer".

This is where I get fuzzy and lost. Do I need a new sound card installed? Is that the problem?Click to expand...

That dxdiag "no sound card" message is misleading as I've found it says that if no driver OR sound card. I think you're missing the right driver

Also, it would seem from your post you have High Definition (HD) audio. Which means you'll need to find the right High Definition audio driver. (AC97 pre-dates HD audio so the Realtek AC97 couldn't be right)

Try starting on the HP support website HERE and enter your model number or they have a button where they'll try to identify your product and drivers for your model. They should list an HD audio driver there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-device-no-playback-device-no-sound-card-was-found.177518/
Relevancy 96.75%

After so long, the audio will have skips, 'popping' sounds, and very short spurts of the sound you hear when a CD gets stuck. I don't know exactly how much time elapses before this happens, but after a few hours or so. When I reboot, the problem goes away, then occurs again after a few hours or so. I ran AVG, Spybot, and CCleaner thoroughly, but that didn't solve the problem. I don't even know how to search in order to solve this problem. It's very strange. Could it be my processor?

I don't do anything on my computer except run Chrome, Firefox, and watch videos occasionally.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/weird-skips-and-popping-sounds-in-audio-after-so-long-471677.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Hello I know less about hardware than I do about everything else so please indulge And I have found so many threads re RealTek HD Audio but they don't seem to apply to me Mods please feel free to merge this to another thread as needed Problem Sounds sound effects for SOME RealTek HD in applications Audio sounds - issue but not all rd-party programs do not play Details All of the apps in question played their RealTek HD Audio - sounds in applications issue sounds fine on my XP amp Vista boxes And they all currently play fine on my W laptop However these same sounds plain old WAV files do not play on this W box from within their applications When I try to play them with WMP or MediaMonkey they play fine so there is nothing wrong with the WAV files themselves For example MailwasherPro includes options to play a sound for quot new mail quot The ONLY sound that will play is one chosen from the Windows Media default collection So I currently use quot Windows ding wav quot If I try to use any other of my many WAV files in a different location they don't work If I try to move one of my WAV files to the Windows Media folder they also do not work it is a similar issue for a couple of other programs Another example KIS a b is also configured to play sounds but it does not This may be b c the only sounds option for this program is quot Windows Default quot and I use quot Quirky quot All of the Windows sounds I am currently using Quirky theme play fine as does audio in any media player or web application So the hardware itself seems to be OK And some programs such as Thunderbird DO play their audio According to device manager my RealTek HD audio driver version is dated and this is the most current one offered for my system at the Dell website So Can someone explain what might be causing the problem Is there a fix Thank you very much MM

A:RealTek HD Audio - sounds in applications issue

I don't have a fix or answer. I've seen other posts about user or custom wav's not playing for windows functions. I've got the new M/W but have all system sounds turned off as I also use this PC for my Recording Studio PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/113415-realtek-hd-audio-sounds-applications-issue.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Hi I have Audio - sounds hard to Some hear are Realtek HD encountered this issue recently My system was working fine I installed an ASUS EAH video card which has HDMI port built in Installed an old game Call of Duty and played Then PC started to go to Hardware Wizard after booting up and trying to find and install Hdaudbus sys UAA HD audio class driver Of course fail to install However the audio was still fine Finally decided to resolve this Found the MS kb fix Use a trick to install it on SP and the Realtek HD Audio - Some sounds are hard to hear version is Boot Realtek HD Audio - Some sounds are hard to hear up UAA is found and installed No more nagging wizard Then sounds begin to have problems a If I set lt None gt in the Environment field of Realtek Sound Manager some sounds would not be heard while some sounds were still fine For example the main vocal in a song may be very hard to Realtek HD Audio - Some sounds are hard to hear hear while the accompanying instruments are clear and loud b If I set Generic in the Environment field the above main vocal can be heard but every sound trails with this electronic guitar effect c If I play the D audio demo of the Realtek Sound Manger it sounds OK Yes I have re-installed all the latest drivers from the manufacture of the MB Install kb a couple of times But there is no avail It looks like the mixer is messed up Has anyone encountered such a problem Dxdlg output MB Biostar TF -M w onboard Realtek ALC - chipset Video ASUS EAH OS Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group BIOS Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v PG Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor MMX DNow CPUs GHz DirectX Version DirectX c ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Realtek HD Audio output Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS E amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RtkHDAud sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src Yes Yes I DL tm Listen Src Yes Yes Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab The file ati dvag dll is not digitally signed which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft s Windows Hardware Quality Labs WHQL You may be able to get a WHQL logo d driver from the hardware manufacturer Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found nbsp

A:Realtek HD Audio - Some sounds are hard to hear

Try to install the drivers that was installed when all sounds was ok. You may have installed a driver which is not fully supported for Win XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-some-sounds-are-hard-to-hear.141355/
Relevancy 96.75%

I just recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7. I have always used Realtek HD Audio drivers because they provided the best sound for what I was looking for.

However, with the recent upgrade to Windows 7, the sound is very much different, giving sort of a flat sound to it.

Before upgrading, I would use the Rock equalizer for the best sound in my opinion.

Now in Windows 7 it sounds rather flat, but that is with all settings. I have tried turning the equalizer off but that does not give my favorite sound either.

Is there a way to get my old favorite sound from Windows XP?

Thanks

Oh and I am still using the same headphones. They are 5.1 Surround Sound, Turtle Beach Ear Force HPA2.

A:Realtek HD Audio Issue - Sounds flat

First thought, does your PC vendor (or motherboard) have Vista/Windows 7 drivers for your RealTek sound? You didn't fill in the "My System Specs" so we have to guess or talk in generalities. In many cases you need vendor supplied drivers (especially Dell's) as non-vendor sound drivers may not work or work correctly. I do a lot of support on the Dell forum and we find the Windows "HD Drivers" also leave something to be desired.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/189195-realtek-hd-audio-issue-sounds-flat.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I've got an HP Pavilion a250n w/a Realtek AC'97 Audio Sound Card running through a Samsung digital LCD Monitor/Speaker combo (SyncMaster 172B), but all the audio is coming out with an echo, like I'm inside of a well! This problem occurs in media player (streaming NPR, playing CD's), internet sites (www.homestarrunner.com), basic Windows sounds, everything! Any ideas for resolving this issue?

Relevancy 95.89%

Seriosly,

After isolating my audio issues, I cannot seem to find the source of the error that is generating a sound that sounds exactly like the phasers from mars attack the movie. I looked at the drivers and all seems to work with wav files that play with the phaser sound in the background.

Anyway, if anyone can help me gain some sanity in this issues would be much appreciated.

I am running:

Windows xp pro 2002 service pack 3
MSI k8t Master 2 far motherboard

A:Realtek ac 97 audio problems - it sounds like mars attack

Try reinstalling your sound drivers from the motherboards website... Is your system clean & free of malware or virus infections?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-ac-97-audio-problems-it-sounds-like-mars-attack.130474/
Relevancy 94.6%

I need to always display the default audio input and audio output device currently on win7.
Would like to launch a small program on change as well or instead.
I tried to use task scheduler but was not able.
Help!
Thanks,
Ray

A:need "always on top icon & msg for "default audio input/output device"

Do a search on this forum. I think someone found a program to basically do what you want.

However, I just created a shortcut on my desktop to the Sound Panel/Playback section where you can change default playback devices. Go to the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound. RIGHT Click on "Sound" and then click to create a shortcut.

The audio input is another issue. If you set the default Recording device to the Stereo Mix then whatever input is used will be heard. In recording programs, select the Stereo Mix as the input and then whatever input device/port is used will be recorded. e.g. Mic, Line In, etc. Also, the Stereo Mix is needed if you want to record audio from the Internet or sites such as youtube.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/329200-need-always-top-icon-msg-default-audio-input-output-device.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I installed the Realtek HD audio driver from the ASUS download site (P8Z68-V Pro MB) and all was well until I installed an MSI 560TI video card and let it install the Nvidia HD Audio drivers. The problem I have been chasing ever since was the Realtek HD Audio Manager popping up after the system exited extended sleep state (overnight). After much trial and tribulation and several Google Searches I concluded that the Realtek/ASUS HD Audio driver was conflicting with the Nvidia driver(s).

I did what suggested on one of the sites and that was to delete the Realtek HD Audio drivers and just let W7 install the default Microsoft drivers. Problem gone! Now I am curious, what did I give up and if I install the latest Realtek driver for W7 64-bit (v267) from the Realtek site will the Nvidia conflict return?

A:ASUS/Realtek, Latest Realtek versus default W7 Audio driver

Generally the Microsoft installed HD Audio Codec does not have all the features the motherboard vendor's sound drivers do. In most cases the actual driver is preferred and should be installed instead of the generic HD Audio Code drivers.

The NVIDIA driver is for the Video and the build in audio for HDMI audio. It should not be interferring with the PC's sound and in this case Realtek. I would uninstall the Microsoft drivers and reinstall the RealTek and see if you still have the problem. Generally a driver causes problems when exiting from sleep mode. Actually on "extended" sleep mode of overnight its really better to just shut down the system and then reboot in the morning. If you want it to be operational when you wake up, the BIOS should have an option for auto power on at whatever time you set.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/205579-asus-realtek-latest-realtek-versus-default-w7-audio-driver.html
Relevancy 93.74%

For months, this keeps popping up:
"FOUND NEW HARDWARE - UNKNOWN DEVICE.

Found driver software for your device, but encountered error
while attemtping to install it.

Microsoft 6to4 Adapter

*Insufficient system resources exists to
complete the requested service.

If you know the manufacturer of your device, visit its website and
check the support section for the driver software."
I keep trying to locate it. The attempt is always unsuccessful and I dont know what this adapter is. It keeps trying to find it and I can't stop it, even though it
asks me to stop asking, it never does.

Pls Help! Tips, advice, suggestions to solve this. Thank you.

A:HELP! Pop-up: "Found driver Software, but encountered ERROR" keeps popping up

Hi Milly,

6to4 is a technology related to IPv6 and IPv4 communication. If you want to know more about that, please refer to the following document that focuses on it:

Configuring and Deploying IPv6 on Windows Vista
Download details: Configuring and Deploying IPv6 on Windows Vista

In short, Microsoft 6to4 Adapter is used for communication in mixed environment including both IPv4 and IPv6. *Very* few people are using IPv6 at this point. That will no doubt change in the future when all the IPv4 addresses are used up, but right now all the websites you use and all your network apps know about IPv4, not IPv6. So you're not going to have to worry about IPv6 for quite a while yet.

The simplest solution is to go into Device Manager (Start ? Run ? Type devmgmt.msc and click OK).

In Device Manager, click View and select Show hidden devices ? expand Network Adapters ? right-click on 6TO4 adapter and click on disable.

Reboot your computer.

Please report the results, one way or another.

Ed

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/277986-help-pop-up-found-driver-software-but-encountered-error-keeps-popping-up.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi Everyone This is the first time I am posting in this forum I think I am infected with something I don t know how I got it and I don t know how to remove it It keeps playing random clicks the same ones that play when a link is clicked in a browser Sometimes ad audio plays in the background especially the one saying quot Congratulations you ve won quot The laptop is running really slow as well especially while browsing the web I ran DDS scr and got the two text files I tried running gmer exe as instructed in the steps but after it would finish scanning and I would try to save the report the computer would hang and I would have to manually restart so I don t have that report Here are the rest of the reports thank you to anyone who can help me I would really appreciate it DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by mk at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AntiVir Desktop On-access scanning enabled Updated AD - F - A-A -FDD C FW ZoneAlarm Firewall enabled BDA - B - F - -F FCFF F B Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEsvchost exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exesvchost exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exeC Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField ForceField exesvchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exeC Program Files Netdrive ndsvc exeC Program Files Spyware Terminator sp rsser exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files TightVNC WinVNC exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate ad audio popping with keeps Phishing sounds noise, up clicking Infected Microsoft random and Filter YahooAUService exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exeC WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Common Files Infected with random ad audio sounds and clicking noise, Microsoft Phishing Filter keeps popping up Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exeC Program Files Pinnacle Shared Files Programs USBTip USBTip exeC Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exeC Program Files NetMeter NetMeter exeC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files MagicDisc MagicDisc exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings mk Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp google atcomet com m uSearch Bar uDefault Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd uInternet Se... Read more

A:Infected with random ad audio sounds and clicking noise, Microsoft Phishing Filter keeps popping up

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"MBRCheckPlease also download MBRCheck to your desktop Double click MBRCheck.exe to run (vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)It will show a Black screen with some data on it a report called MBRcheck will be on your desktopopen this reportRight click on the screen and select > Select All Press Control+Cnow please copy that report to this threadinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3. report from MBRchecker4.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336748/infected-with-random-ad-audio-sounds-and-clicking-noise-microsoft-phishing-filter-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 92.45%

I have two pcs on a wireless network connected to a cable modem. One pc (Thinkpad) has no problem playing internet radio stations through wmp. The other one (Dell 4100) has problems with streaming audio. It can connect to the radio station fine (or download the audio file in either format) but then it keeps buffering while it's playing. I've tried just about everything I can find to fix it: editing the registry (MSoft tech note,) changing the network settings, changing the buffer rate but nothing seems to work. There is more than enough bandwidth to handle the flow of data, plus my cable company says it's not them (of course.) Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks.