Windows Support Forum

Black Screen(Not Black Screen of Death)

Q: Black Screen(Not Black Screen of Death)

Ok so whenever I watch a video of Black Screen(Not Black Death) Screen on my harddrive avi format usually Black Screen(Not Black Screen of Death) or if I watch a video off youtube I will get a permanant black screen My computer keyboard will not respond and I will have to hard restart my computer My Graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce GT My driver is currently that of the one found here http h www hp com ewfrf wc amp dlc en amp cc us amp lang en amp os amp product I tried the driver that the Nvidia website tells me to use http www nvidia com object win winvista bit whql html But that driver gave me previous problems found at http forums techguy org windows- -freeze-problems-after-installing-windows html post From what I have experienced This quot black screen quot will occur if I use any form of flash player if I use VLC media player or Windows Media player Oddly from the couple of movies that I have seen on DVD format where I insert a DVD into my drive the computer will not give me a black screen I also play video games and have no problems from them Any ideas as to what the problem is EDIT In addition my monitor is supposed to have a drive My monitor Acer p w Im running Windows -bit I was suggested that I should get a driver for it even though there is no available driver for it that is Windows -bit compatible http us acer com acer service do tx g c att amp ctx att k amp CRC Therefor should I still DL a driver and if so which one there are no -bit compatible ones nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Black Screen(Not Black Screen of Death)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Black Screen(Not Black Screen of Death)

Overheating graphics card? Check its fan, if any, cooling fins, and air flow. Move other cards away if possible.

Corrupted codecs? Many "packs" contain substandard codecs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-not-black-screen-of-death.901995/
Relevancy 88.35%

I'm getting the black screen with movable cursor or KSOD Black Screen Of Death on Windows (Black Vista Black Of Death) Screen screen or with cursor movable KSOD Vista Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista What happens The system powers on POST BIOS Start windows normally Windows splash screen - gt Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista Black screen lt - What I can do I CAN enter BIOS and have reset the default settings I CAN press F to give me advanced boot options but all options have the same result apart from quot Repair your computer quot I CAN load the quot Repair your computer quot option I CAN move the mouse around the screen I CAN press shift times to get a dialogue to appear but no control panel I CAN press the power button to shut down the system I CAN start up in safe Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista mode which is exactly the same but with lower resolution I CANNOT seem to do anything else However there are workarounds to accessing the hard drive I CAN use MSDaRT or the System Recovery Tool I CAN use the hard drive as an external USB hard drive on another machine What I've tried Startup Repair - Could not detect a problem System Restore - No restore points Windows Complete PC Restore - A valid restore location could not be found Windows Memory Diagnostics - No errors SFC Scan - No problems Stand alone system sweeper - No problems Hotfix Uninstall - Nothing to uninstall I also COULD do a partial or full quot Packard Bell Recovery quot which is essentially like reinstalling windows I DO NOT want to do this I'm sure this is just a simple software issue really and I would rather avoid a reinstall Can anyone recommend what steps I should try to resolve this Thanks

A:Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista

I think I saw this post aver at Toms but I also think you gave some additional info.
I think what may be going on it during the switch from the windows low res video driver to the driver used in normal mode.

Since you can get into safe mode try to go to device manager.
Start|right click computer|properties|device manager.
Look in the display adapter.
Is there a yellow exclamation mark there?
Or is it showing the video that you know should be there?
Please post the video that the machine uses and or the PB model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-movable-cursor-or-ksod-black-screen-of-death-vista-410636.html
Relevancy 82.15%

i believe virus deleted a system 32 exe file it is a confident guess. I have a true black screen nothing at all comes up doesn't load anything no hot keys work. windows 7 hp laptop I need to know if I can get into bios if f keys don't work, cd repair disk don't work. what can I do power button and wifi button lights up on keyboard and fans are running but black screen no response. it is not a graphic card problem not a hardware problem at all. please help

A:Black Screen of Death true black no keys work at all!!!HELP

Do you see the bios splash screen?
Did you ever enter BIOS before, so you know how to do it?
Do you see the win7 animated welcome screen (prior to logon)?
------
cd repair disc .... you mean this? System Repair Disc - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/329399-black-screen-death-true-black-no-keys-work-all-help.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Hi My first time I had this Gaming or of Death Black Screen Death of Screen Black BlackSOD problem was while playing BF a few months ago one day all good next BlackSOD the only way out was a reboot as keyboard and mouse where non- responsive The only thing I had done was install an ATI beta driver I got rid of it and went for the normal one ATI driver Since then I have come to suspect the drivers for ATI now using non Beta tried ATI ones still got the BlackSOD amp Razer deathadder when I was using the Synapse version I'm now using the legacy DeathAdder driver v Eng instead Still getting BlackSOD But since I'm Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death here posting I would like know how to stop the BlackSOD as would half the planet At this time my PC has been Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death running for hours Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death will out any problems using the ATI but last week when I was using the ATI drivers it took attempts of trying to get the PC to stay ON As of the PC boots up with out any problems Until of course I run anything like a GAME Then I can be certain a BlackSOD will happen at some point like a few nights ago while playing BF for a few hours BlackSOD in the middle of a game The BF gamers nightmare I tried to do an Up-grade using my Win home that is keep all my stuff and let window re-install itself but the Windows Compatibility Report comes but BLANK only saying quot An error prevented a required compliance check from completing Cancel the installation and try upgrading again quot A clean install is something I don't want to do as yet but that seem to be the path unless there a FIX Things I have noticed Black screen lol Synapse after using their update button my mouse had a bar not a pointer Got rid of Synapse long beep followed by short one Only heard it once yep it's the graphics card but here I'm posting so it may not be this only happens sometimes when tying to re-install the ATI driver software NEVER when the PC starts amp then goes into a BlackSOD I get one beep saying ok then BlackSOD after I have logged in and start moving my mouse around and doing stuff OR BlackSOD within seconds before I get to log in Plugging in my Razer usb headphones only sometimes the PC beeps soon after BlackSOD USB confilcts maybe Update have move USB stuff around to different ports Strange Audio garble sometimes after the BSOD happens Using the sabertooth On board RealTek Have not installed the ATI HDMI audio Fixes so far After the BF BSOD a few months back I used a back up Paragon Software Backup and Recovery Free to re-install System was stable for a while but updating ATI dirvers and Razer brought the BlackSOD back The Paragon backup is oldish so saving the important data now using Genie Time line pro Now using Atiman Uninstaller to remove and then re-install ATI Before I followed net directions deleting all by hand Auslogics BoostSpeed to clean and do what it does Plus CC cleaner run SFC scannow only got to can't fix errors which I suspect is the reason for the Compatibility Report amp upgrade won't work stuff that's missing is jpegs from window screensaver I guess given what in the CBS log plus desktop ini post here Ps I don't suspect malware as i have all the goodies to keep me safe plus I don't go near weird sites unless Gaming and Nasa is weird Any help would be good cheers Update Have install Afterburner to controls fans and last night after two hours of planetside system had another BlackSOD inside the zip are files from system events logs from last night This is the first time that the system has recorded anything to events expect to say quot system was shutdown unexpectedly quot which is me doing a hard reboot So progress Have all the tools and have set the dump files ran Driver Verifier didn't get a BlueSOD dump file no idea why Here are the two Error codes generated by Driver Verifier copied form the BlueSOD x c x e xfffff af c x Driver Verifier set... Read more

A:Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death

First things first update your BIOS it is very old:

Code:
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. 1304 , 2/08/2011
Next uninstall the following it is likely doing more harm than good:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Wise Care 365
Start Menu\Programs\Wise Disk Cleaner Free
Start Menu\Programs\Wise Registry Cleaner Free
Start Menu\Programs\Wrye Bash
Next run some hardware tests the errors you are getting indicate possible hardware failure / defects:
Furmark will stress test your GPU
FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net

Quote:
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature" (BurnIn test in newer versions).
Click "Go" to start the test
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
- Click "Quit" to exit

Also report the temperatures of your GPU at idle, and when it maxes out during the stress test
Next run prime95 this will stress test your ram/CPU:
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/

Quote:
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead.
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

Again report your temperatures at idle and under load.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/288642-black-screen-death-black-gaming-screen-death.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Hi been tying to solve BlackSOD for awhile now can be very in frequent problem then at other times I will get a Death Screen Gaming of of Screen or Black Black Death lots of Blacksod all at once PC will fail most of the day for days on end Then Balcksod stops for while like right NOW Today PC booted no problems able to post Last night PC would not work at all for hours PC was going into a BlackSOD when staring Windows or Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death soon after Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death desktop appears Here are my specs All compents where bought in at PC Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death D I Y store PC D I Y then built the PC not me OS win bit Home premium purchased at PC D I Y install by PC D I Y on the or thereabouts reading off invoice AGE OF SYSTEM HARDWARE All components where new when built on the or thereabouts AGE of OS OS has not been re-installed since it was first installed but have re-installed from a backup approx ONCE to try and stop BlackSOD which started sometime in FEB March CPU Intel Hz GTs QPI M CACHE LGA GPU ATI using ATI version using older driver as driver Blacksod still happened Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth-X LGA DDR SATA UBS RAID RMGS- GBRM PSU PWCO-HX- Corsair HX- ATX Modular PSU mmFAn Plus sliver CASE Antec Two Black ATX Tower Case lots of fans System manufacturer Exact mode number

A:Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death

Hello,

How are the temps and voltage readings? If the PC is currently overclocked please reset back to defaults for testing purposes

Boot into the BIOS and post the temp and voltage readings. Usually Under Hardware Monitor,PC Health Status, or similar.

Once you have this info Install HWMonitor and take a screenshot of the program at idle and under load.

There could be a possible problem with the processor that could be caused by heat or voltage, or a bad CPU.

Download and install Prime95 (if you don't already have it installed) and perform the test
-Open Prime95 and choose Just stress testing
-Run each test (Small FFTs, In-place large FFTs, and Blend) for a few hours each to see if there are any errors produced or critical temps reached.

Code:
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa8008925038
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01ce475c64645785
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 5/2/2013 17:42:27 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000002 PreviousError

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa80089250b8
Section @ fffffa8008925190
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Micro-Architectural Error
Flags : 0x00
CPU Version : 0x00000000000106a5
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000000

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa8008925100
Section @ fffffa8008925250
Offset : 536
Length : 128
Flags : 0x00000000

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000000
CPU Id : a5 06 01 00 00 08 10 00 - bd e3 98 00 ff fb eb bf
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa8008925250

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa8008925148
Section @ fffffa80089252d0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000

Error : Internal timer (Proc 0 Bank 5)
Address : 0x00003880068fac3b
Misc. : 0x0000000000007fff

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0365f000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`038a2670
Debug session time: Thu May 2 13:42:27.610 2013 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:10.687
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Mini Kernel Dump does not contain unloaded driver list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-of-death-or-black-gaming-screen-of-death-694542.html
Relevancy 107.93%

In need of serious help To begin I am stupid and haven't backed up any of of Stuck blue after death screen screen death, of black on my files so for now a windows reinstall is out of the Stuck on black screen of death, after blue screen of death question unless it's completely necessary okay so the problem I was using my computer as normal Then while on Google Chrome it started getting slow and said quot not responding quot this happens all the time to everyone so I waited and then the dreaded Blue screen of death appeared Didn't get a look at what it said because it shut down almost immediately After that it loaded as normal Which is weird I think But got stuck after startup on the black screen of death All I have is a cursor Can't do ctrl alt del can't load any of the safe modes When I go on startup repair it says quot no restore points quot on system restore and quot could not detect a problem quot on system repair or whatever it's called There must be something to fix this I live in hope that the whole system doesn't need to be wiped clean because as I said I stupidly haven quot t backed up my files Can anyone help Please

A:Stuck on black screen of death, after blue screen of death

this sounds like it should be a BSOD thread, post a seperate thread in the BSOD section following the posting instructions for BSODs, make sure you include the dump files, if you don't know how to do that, it should tell you in the BSOD posting instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368783-stuck-black-screen-death-after-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 107.07%

Hi thanks startup, death Black at Solved: all blue with began screen screen a of for checking Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen my question I haven t found an answer to my particular situation Dell xps m laptop w vista It all started with a blue screen w scrolling text after the fated restart The blue screen text said quot if this is the first time you ve seen this message quot and then comp restarted again showing the blue screen then restarted into windows repair mode after repair mode tried to fix Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen the problem comp restarted then the screen went black blank right after the little windows loading animation where the bar keeps moving from left to right and there s a small windows logo It all happened fast so there may have been steps I forgot but that s the jist of it Now screen always goes black blank during startup after the windows loading animation so I can t start windows in normal mode I can start in safe mode if I manually force shutdown by holding the power button so I m not imploding with fear ok I am Possible causes This occured right after installing vista updates that restart was when I saw the blue screen Also occured the restart after running a patch called quot Vista TCP IP and UAC AutoPatch quot I downloaded it from softpedia the developer was listed as defcon and their website listed was securevista net but the site is down I found this out after the problem occured The patch had lots of positive reviews and lots of people on other sites also suggest using it to remove the limit of tcp connections which windows unnecessarily imposes Removing the limit supposedly increases P P filesharing speeds so it s a common approach to slow utorrent problems etc to patch the tcp sys file I have since quot unpatched quot it using the unpatch file which came with it but I m suspicious of the software developer now The patch originally disabled UAC user account control which is suspicious to me but I m not highly tech savy so I dunno if that s common or not I did also remove mcafee s security center I was busy I guess that was a mistake should always restart after each big change I apologize for the complication this creates in identifying the problem It s possible I did something else before the fatal restart if none of these three could be the culprit then I ll think harder about what that could be but for now these changes stand out in my mind I m assuming that windows repair mode s changes didn t cause this problem but I don t have any factual reason to believe that What could this be What can I do Thank you p s This is the last time I ever install software from a company that doesn t have an active website even if this wasn t the problem s cause nbsp

A:Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-of-death-at-startup-all-began-with-a-blue-screen.804669/
Relevancy 107.07%

Hello.

Just today, I turned on my computer and got the blue screen of death, so I restarted my PC. Then a black screen came up saying "Windows could not start beacuse the following file is missing or corrupt : \windows\system32\config\system."

You can attempt to repair this file by putting the winxp cd in etc...

Now when i turn on my computer there is just a black screen showing, with nothing at all on it.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks very much for your help.

A:Blue screen of death, boot problems, black screen startup

It's a nasty error that requires some persistance and resourcefullness to overcome without a clean install.

If you have a Windows CD or have the recovery console installed, you might want to have a go at these directions.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307545

Forum example of a successful recovery here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195985

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-boot-problems-black-screen-startup.382012/
Relevancy 106.64%

The issue started a few hours ago when I was playing League of Legends specifically when the game has finished its loading and crashed to Desktop which is a common problem on my laptop As usual I would restart the game but before I could do that explorer exe Mouse Cursor Login before Screen Black of Death Screen with crashed my entire Desktop has turned to the familiar transparent whitish filter before the quot Explorer exe has crashed quot message popped out which was peculiar at the time because this is Black Screen of Death with Mouse Cursor before Login Screen the first time it had happened So I allowed the program to restart it didn't So I shut down via holding down the power button and rebooted the laptop It went into Startup Repair and did its automated repair so I let it repair while I did my stuff When I returned the repair had completed and it booted the laptop into the infamous Black Screen of Death with a movable mouse cursor This is right before I could log on to my user account and I decided to search for solutions initially on Google using an available PC Most of it didn't work for starters booting up to Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking and Last known Good Configuration brought me to the same movable mouse cursor with black screen combo Safe Mode with Command Prompt has the same problem and the Command Prompt does not appear After which I accessed the Repair menu with the F button right after the BIOS loads and tried every option First Repair Your Computer did not work as it couldn't find any problems after the first initial repair it did System Restore didn't not have any Restore Points which is strange because I do have several restore points prior to this issue happened I skipped the Memory option and used the Command Prompt to do a sfc exe scannow to detect any problems according to one solution I found but it gave the message telling me there is another repair job that requires my laptop to be restarted At first I did went back and did the sfc command no luck After all that I went to try the Ctrl Alt Del and starting explorer exe as a new process but the task manager does not appear Not in any bootable modes with the mouse cursor present At the moment I am out of ideas and solutions it really is starting to drive me against the wall because this laptop has a lot of information I need I do not have access to my backups or recovery disks as I'm currently overseas I hope I can hear from any users here about what to do My laptop Acer Aspire TimelineX TG Windows Home Edition x I do not have any USB devices connected to my laptop except for my mouse and that's about it I will try my best to add on more missing info if pointed out thank you very much

A:Black Screen of Death with Mouse Cursor before Login Screen

having the same problem here on my toshiba satellite L655-1je laptop. did everything srwalpha did but to no avail. hence, bumping this up for help pls...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/192503-black-screen-death-mouse-cursor-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 105.78%

So for the past 2 weeks I've been crashing none stop usually after playing game for about an hour or just browsing or watching a movie, its a mixture of Page fault in none page area, Memory management, IRQL not less or equal, among others. I don't know whats causing the crashes or any help would be greatly appreciated. i had this laptop for since early december 2009.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II Dual-Core Mobile M500, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3836 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series, 320 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 291444 MB, Free - 24376 MB; D: Total - 13495 MB, Free - 2249 MB; F: Total - 99 MB, Free - 95 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 3642
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Disabled

A:Blue screen of death, Freezing, and black screen

Have you installed anything lately? There could be some program or service doing something that isn't needed.
How's the case temperature? Perhaps it's running too hot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-freezing-and-black-screen.1047034/
Relevancy 105.78%

Problem When booting the then black Motherboard - =( screen death screen splash of computer after the motherboard splash screen the screen turns black and nothing happens Everything is still on and the fans are running PC Spec's Motherboard Asus M A -E SAM ATX Processor AMD Athlon II X GHz MB W AM RAM Corsair GB DDR MHz Cl XMS - Graphics x Crossfired XFX PCIe HD MB Power supply Corsair VX W HDD Windows installed HD GB Samsung SP SATA- RPM Spinpoint F HDD GB storage DVD DVD RW Samsung X DL This PC has been in use for approximately a year Facts When I turn the power on all fans start running like they normally do Using the ASUS Express Gate splashtop that launches before the motherboard splash screen I'm able to browse all my files on both harddrives Pressing DELETE at the motherboard splash screen takes me to the Bios Setup Utility which I can navigate At the Bios Setup Utility it says that the Primary IDE Master and Primary IDE Motherboard splash screen - then black screen of death =( Slave are quot Not Detected quot Not sure if this is significant According to the Bios Setup Utility it should attempt to boot from the correct HDD Trying to boot from the second HDD yields the same results Pressing TAB at the motherboard splash screen to view BIOS POST Message only leads to the same black screen Switching the monitor made no difference The monitor can't find a signal from any other ports I'm at my wit's end I do not understand what's causing this I've recently bought a new monitor but switching back to the old one made no difference I've installed a bunch of Steam games and updated Sims but other than that I've done no major changes to the system in the past few days I've been able to shut down and start the computer without issues until this morning when this happened I really don't know what to do Can anyone help me I'd be eternally grateful for any and all help I can get

A:Motherboard splash screen - then black screen of death =(

I went into the Bios Setup Utility and reset to factory defaults. I then changed the boot order so that I would boot from DVD before HDD. For some reason this did it. It now works. Maybe it just needed time to rest? Because this hardly sounds like the solution to my problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/motherboard-splash-screen-then-black-screen-of-death-539407.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Hello

I have a computer running Windows 7. Last night the computer was running fine. This morning when I turn it on, i get a black screen. To fix the problem I conducted a system restore. After it finished restoring, the computer restarts and everything worked fine. To make sure if everything was in working order, I restart it again. After the "Starting Windows" screens comes up, I get the Blue Screen of Death. I can't even read what the error says because the computer just restarts itself. I did not connect anything new to the computer. I performed a hardware diagnostics to see if it was a hardware failure but no error was found. I can't even get into safe mode. The SFC.exe will be my next step.

A:Windows 7 Black Screen then Blue Screen of Death

The SFC.exe did not work either.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-then-blue-screen-of-death-655425.html
Relevancy 105.78%

While attempting to boot, Death before screen login Black during of Screen restore a previous backup of my system with Norton Ghost I got an error and the system rebooted Upon reboot I get the black screen of death with just the cursor instead of the usual login screen I have tried the following thus far These all give me the black screen of death with movable cursor boot in safe mode boot in safe mode with networking boot in safe mode with command prompt last known good configuration I did an Black Screen of Death during boot, before login screen initial system startup repair which went through and said it repaired it rebooted but no change I did a pre-boot diagnostic test - nothing memory test - nothing tried restoring from restore point but it says I don't have any LIES BLASPHEMY tried restoring from restore point on external disk - seemed okay then failed chkdsk - found some stuff fixed it no change tried ctrl alt del on black screen of death - nothing Now I know that the hard drive itself is alright that is the information is still all there still While I can't give you exact specs I can tell you that I am on a Dell Studio XPS running Win home premium bit I'm at a loss as to what else to do Despite being a black screen with just a movable cursor the system still appears to be running as every few minutes it will show the quot thinking quot cursor where it shows the little circle next to the arrow If anyone has any tips or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated hugs and kisses Amplitude

A:Black Screen of Death during boot, before login screen

hi,

Known issue some users have it others don't did you try Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7? or this mentions a "black screen of death" fix but i would be verry carefull running executable files from unknown sources

Windows 7 Black Screen Of Death Fix

also this http://www.everything-microsoft.com/2009/12/01/windows-7-bsod-black-screen-of-death-freeze-and-potential-fix/

but it also points to external sources microsoft should fix the issue or that *.exe should be authenticode signed so you have a way to verify it's trustworthy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219955-black-screen-death-during-boot-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 105.78%

I am running windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit and facing with a big problem,I suppose.
-Black screen sometimes appears after windows is starting(after this)
-Blue screen of death always appears when I am trying to connect for more than 7/8/9/10 times on some of wireless networks,and very rarely appears when I'm playing a game or doing something on the internet.
-Some programs freeze sometimes such as Firefox,DivX Player,Winamp...
Please help me guys!

Relevancy 105.78%

I've having an issue that I think some ppl had, windows 8 crashing going to blue screen of death or blank black screen and then it restarts by itself, also I have noticed that it says repairing disk in D:/

I have one SSD 120gb in the C:/ which it host the operating system and some minnor programs, in a HDD which is my D:/ drive there I have my games.

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9
AMD FX 8350
Kingston Hyper X 120GB SSD
WD black 500GB HDGB HDD
Corsair Vengeance 8gb Ram 2133Hz
Windows 8

Thanks for the time, if more info is needed I willl gather it and post it

A:How do I fix windows blue screen of death and black screen

Update, seems that some tweaking did fix the problem, go to search and type power, in the left click on the one that says change what power buttons do, then uncheck the box that it says turn on fast startup (recomended) then save changes and a restart and youre done -at least for me it worked-

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47630-how-do-i-fix-windows-blue-screen-death-black-screen.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Hello everyone I have a Toshiba Satellite L D- X computer for the kids and for the Death/Blue of Screen Death Black Screen of price it's a Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death good laptop Have had no issues with it until two weeks ago when the screen froze for the boys whilst playing a Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death game and downloading a program from the net Had to do a force shutdown and since then we have a BSoD on every boot-up This is what we have tried On 'Starting Windows' we are given an option of either 'Launch Startup Repair' which ends up as BSoD or 'Start Windows Normally' which reverts back to the 'Starting Windows' option list Any attempt to enter 'Safe Mode' results in BSoD Attempting to boot an ISO of the Windows Recovery Disk on a USB key we did highlight it and promote it to the top results in BSoD Borrowing a proper Window installation DVD and highlighting this as an option results in BSoD In fact the only option we used that threw up something different was using advanced boot options On one of these options we got the Blue Screen of Death with the following information Unmountable Boot Volume Disable Bios Memory Options such as caching shadowing Tech info Stop x ED xFFFFFA C CDO xFFFFFFFFC x x I don't mind erasing the hard drive and starting again there's nothing on it that's critical I'd very very much appreciate a steer on this Checked the web for stuff and nothing seems to assist in any other options I am not particularly tech literate but can follow instructions Thanks in advance PS I have not been able to access any option that allows me to either format the drive access DOS or any other options that allows me to try any of the rational things you've set up in your sticky I'm in Dublin Ireland in case you're wondering about the timeline

A:Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death

Hi, malbekh; and welcome to the forum. Please read these threads and post back. We will be glad to help you.

[1 - Novice] How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/96879-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/118570-black-screen-death-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Blue screen of death now just black screen...that features a blinking underscore icon....

The horror....the horror....

What have I done?

Anyone have any idea how to get my PC back running?

Cant run TSG Sysinfo obviously. The PC is running Windows XP 32 bit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Relevancy 103.63%

At least 3 times today, I have gotten the Blue Screen of Death. I don't see anything on it that lists a problem. When computer starts up, it doesn't even get to the "Starting Windows" part, its just a black screen. I have looked and Googled and can't find any help with this problem. Has anyone had this happen to them? PLEASE HELP!

A:Blue Screen of Death Followed by Black Screen

Hello and welcome BeachGadog see this
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

PS Some system specs would be helpful too mate
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367341-blue-screen-death-followed-black-screen.html
Relevancy 103.63%

So i was trying to extend my system partition using easeus partition manager and on restarting a black screen with movable cursor is there, no login screen. To clarify i can't access the task manager (no response) and same thing happens in safe mode.
I didn't have the windows 7 installation disc as i got this Windows pre-installed from laptop manufacturer so i used my win 10 installation disc to try and repair it. Startup repair couldn't fix anything chkdsk found nothing sfc scannow using offbootdir and offwindir did nothing. I don't have any restore points which i don't why happened because i just installed a win 7 update which created a restore point? Please suggest any solution short of repair install.

Ps i don't get last known good configuration option on boot menu only safe mode so don't suggest that
Thanks for your replies

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/395567-black-screen-death-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 103.63%

All of a sudden, I get the Blue Screen of Death, then when I restart computer the screen stays black, even though its running. Any help would really be appreciated.

A:Blue Screen of Death Then Black Screen

If you can get to the F8 screen, try last known good configuration option. If can't reach that screen, pretty soon regular BC techs will appear, follow their advice, you can't go wrong.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573456/blue-screen-of-death-then-black-screen/
Relevancy 101.91%

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. So, these are my problems described in the title. I cannot change desktop from black, only can set a picture as a background.

When I am in pictures folder for example, I see blank or black thumbnails.
When I right click and go to personalize, I can see black themes instead of actual pictures.

I tried almost everything.
- reinstalling video driver
- clearing thumbnail from disk cleanup
- resetting dwm.exe
- going into safemode and then restaring into normal windows
- I tried fixing shell by using "fixshell"
- clearing & repairing registry errors
- ran an error checker
- ran a file checker

I have Microsoft Office 2010 - I heard that it could be the issue, but maybe I am not right, anyway...

I attached a print screen photo.

And, I am hopeless, any help please? Thanks

A:Windows 7 black screen, black or blank thumbnails, and black desktop themes

I noticed you're not running Aero. Click on last item, left side - "Troubleshoot problems with transparency...."

Office 2010 should not be a factor here. Public pics folder is empty - it should have sample pics in it.

Validate your OS installation - Genuine Microsoft Software

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-black-or-blank-thumbnails-and-black-desktop-themes-553925.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron R The problem started when my daughter was using it to watch Netflix The movie froze and so did my laptop She held the start button down until the computer shut off When she tried to restart it we got an error message So went into shift F and did a diagnostic but it came back with no errors So then I told it to do a fresh install thinking if any drivers had been corrupted it would Screen of Black Death replace them with good ones It did its thing and all seemed well Gave it back to her she went back to Netflix and locked it up again and yes she hard Black Screen of Death crashed it with the on button again Now the screen will not light up unless you keep trying over and over and even then it only stays lit for a few minutes I did manage to get it work long enough to see the error code Oxc graphics error I do not have a recovery disc for this thank you son and even if I did I cannot get it to go into bios either F or F so cannot make it read from the dvd drive or the usb I have read a lot of forums and took the laptop apart and removed the cmos battery left it out for over minutes when I got it all back together it still would not let me go into the bios So any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.1135446/
Relevancy 101.05%

Something got deleted from the registry that shouldn't have and now I have a black screen of death I downloaded a few cleaners for screen of death. Black spyware and they messed my computer up Black screen of death. more even after uninstalling It was slow and just too much crap but no viruses so I thought I'd use a registery cleaner to get rid of what was left I planned on just formatting my harddrive soon but of course didn't get a chance to backup my files first First I coudln't get past the Windows Log in screen which was in Japanese or something I could tell because where my user photo should've been was a box with some icon I clicked it thinking I could at least restart Wrong My settings were somehow still intact though it woud shut off after minutes That turned into pic below After that I plugged my my bootable USB flash drive in restarted and hae a black screen of death No lights no noise nothing I unplugged my flash drive and still stuck on a black screen of death and now I can't restart it or anything There is only one light lit up a lightbulb whatever that means but I can't shut it off I can't do anything The battery is built-in so I can't do anything about that either Am I screwed Link to exact laptop I have http www amazon com Asus-Q LA-BBI T - - -Inch-Touch-Screen-Laptop dp B LU R I Asus Windows i gb

A:Black screen of death.

OK, the first thing to check is to see if your data is still on the system.
To do this you'll need a flash drive with a portable (Live) operating system on it that will allow to boot with UEFI support
You'll also probably need an external USB drive to save all your data on.

1)  To shut down the computer, press and hold the button that turns it on.  It may take 30 seconds or more, so be patient
2)  I'd suggest this portable/live operating system drive from it's description (I haven't used it myself as I have proprietary tools at work that I use):  http://www.boot-disk.com/

Boot to the flash drive by rapidly tapping the F8 key (or it can be the Esc key) - or you can use this to set the drive as the first boot option:  http://www.asus.com/support/faq/1008277
The locate and copy the data that you want to save to the external drive (most likely this will be the Users folder on the system's hard drive - that's where most of your personal data is stored).

Also, do you have installation media or a Startup Repair drive?  If not, I'd suggest contacting Asus for recovery media as it may be necessary:  http://www.carrona.org/recdisc.html#asus (link is for US users - others will have to contact the local support center for their manufacturer)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587780/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi, I am getting a black screen and the only way to get around it is to switch off and back on.  It does not occur at the same point each time.  The usual sequence is that it fails during start-up a few times then I get a bit further and it fails a minute after I've got my desk top up, then perhaps 10 minutes into using it.  Eventually it stays up for quite a while but will still fail after an hour or so.  However, if I start in safe mode (with networking) I do not have this problem at all, so I think it is software rather than hardware.  I have run AVG free antivirus and scan disc but it made no difference. 
Can someone help me please. 

A:Black screen of death - help please

check out make and model of the graphics card and go to the site of the manufacturer and see if drivers are available.

if the graphics are on board check out the motherboard make and model and again go to the manufacturer site to download all drivers available for the mother board..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527482/black-screen-of-death-help-please/
Relevancy 101.05%

I have never had a BLUE Screen of Death, but on wakening from sleep sometimes I get a Black screen with big lettering offering options like Safe Mode and Restart Windows Normally (which I choose) and all is normal.

Apart form having a blue background, what else is on a BSOD?

Thanks.

A:What about Black Screen of Death?

Let me google that for you

Usually an error code and a short deacription.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/374224-what-about-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hello, here is my first post for ask for help here: I have a problem with my Windows 7 Professional X64. I went back from my vacactions and now, when i tried to initialize windows 7, it only shows the "Starting windows" screen, but when it needs to show the user login screen, it shows just a black screen with nothing more. ?Somebody can help me? Its the first time that i have a problem like this. Any help will be thanked

A:Black Screen of Death

Can you access Safe Mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/139051-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

This is not on my pc directly but it is on my uncle's laptop. He starts the computer and windows loads but right as soon as the window loading screen goes away the screen is all black its as if there is no video card enabled. we have also tried plugging in his monitor from his desktop since he has a laptop connector that allows you to hook a monitor up and display whatever is on the labtop. You can't navigate anything or anything liek that. Any Suggestions?

Relevancy 101.05%

Can someone help me with the steps to alliviate this black screen thanks.

Relevancy 101.05%

I went to turn on my laptop this morning to print out my project before class started. Unfortunately for me, i recieved the black screen of death. This means that i got a black screen with a little white cursor in the upper left blinking. I waited and waited thinking that maybe the operating system would loan eventually; that was not the case. I restarted it and once again i got nothing. Is this a serious problem? and if so how can i fix it?

A:Black Screen of Death!

Welcome to TSG....

Do you have the recovery or restore software for this computer?

Also some system specs along with make, model, OS, and service packs installed would be good.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.627061/
Relevancy 101.05%

Hey guys This is my first post and I really need help I just purchased a brand new HD for my comp and reinstalled a fresh copy of windows XP home on it Everything quot seemed quot to be working fine but now the system hangs for literally minutes when I boot All I get is this black screen and then after minutes windows pops up The same thing happens during game play If I exit the game I get a black screen the system hangs and after minutes it comes Need of help! screen DEATH! The BLACK back on I have a Radeon and I tried the newest drivers and it started I tried older drivers catalyst and it continued I updated the BIOS and edited the settings for AGP and it The BLACK screen of DEATH! Need help! worked for one reboot but the problem came back once I played a game I have the right monitor installed and everything but the problem persists I could really use the help here ANy suggestions will be throughly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 101.05%

hi
so i dont know much about computers so no fancy talk thanks.

heres my problem i have a HP computer, windows 7
my computer was walking all fine until suddenly switched it on next day and it says window is loading
but when its done it just have a black screen with a cursor icon that i can move.

ive tried google help and youtubing it but to no avail. because ctrl alt delete dont work when i press it nothing pops up.

i tried system restore but it cant find system restore point. i dont want to reinstall everything if theres any to fix it without that
would be much appreciated

thanks im loosing my mind trying to find out how to fix it

A:<<HELP Black Screen Of Death>>

posted to different section

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-black-screen-of-death.1005325/
Relevancy 101.05%

hello new to here ok sorry for the confusion i had good old internet explorer just close every window on me while writing this problem so i am trying to install windows everything goes fine i get to the last check mark and it is of screen 64 death? bit Win Black 7 completing installation then my screen goes Win 7 64 bit Black screen of death? black Just BLACK it's the computer problem of my life i can't even begin to know what the real problem is windows support says it's probably a hardware device i am unfortunately running vista right now and i have ran Ubuntu on this desktop without any problems it is a custom build so i know enought to put it together just not enough to know the fine details of the drivers world so i am stumped i have let the Black screen sit for hours and nothing happend to make sure it was or was not installing i have to reset if i do and let it boot normally i get a windows logo and then black screen again if i go into safe mode it will tell me windows cannot complete installation and needs restart thus looping over and over i am going to try using another copy of win to see if my disc is corrupted otherwise i really have no idea any help would be great oh and my specs are intel core duo wolfdale ghz gigs DDR ram currently as i was told to take some out might help GIGABYTE GTX graphics SLI i have used drivers from CD and from internet no joy WD GB hard drive EVGA i SLI Mobo

A:Win 7 64 bit Black screen of death?

I have no idea whether or not your problem is similar, but someone on the forums recently solved a black screen problem of their own:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ws-screen.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/79335-win-7-64-bit-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hello, was wondering if I could get some help as I am at the end of my knowledge database. I'm running windows 7 pro, pretty suse my husband clicred something he wasn't supposed to and now comp won't boot. Get a black screen with a movable mouse cursor. No safe mode, no task manager, I've tried running start up repair bother from f8 and windown disk and it says it cannot auto repair. Sys restore says no restore points even though I know there are some. Tried sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:windows says it found corruption but couldn't fix it. Do not want to do a wipe as I have pictures and such that are irreplaceable. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:black screen of death

For the SFC scan you ran, did you try /offbootdir=*which ever drive letter is system reserved*? To find this out, open command prompt when you are start up repair or boot from a windows CD, and type diskpart. This will load Disk Management. Then type list volume. It will give you a list of all drives and drive letters. If you boot from a CD you can try doing the drive letter for the CD Rom and see if it can do an SFC scan from the CD. Worth a shot, and a method that has worked for me on occasion.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559205/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 101.05%

I'm working on my son-in-laws computer, a Toshiba Satellite P25 laptop, running XP. He recently had trouble with the screen going black, and usually a restart would fix it. Now, when you turn it on, all the lights work, but the first screen we see is covered with zeros. Then we see the XP splash screen, then it goes black, and we see nothing else. With tthe volume on, you can hear it starting up, the XP music plays, but no screen. (lights are on, nobody's home...) If you boot it into safe mode, it boots fine-no problems there. I had previously installed AVG, Ad-Aware, Spy-bot S&D, and Spywareblaster-all have been recently updated, and running. Could this be a display issue?? And if so, how can I change display settings in normal mode if I have no screen??? Thanks for any advice anyone has!!!
thyme

A:Black screen of death???

if you login fine on safe mode then this is a problem with your display drivers or user profile so lest do this login on safe mode click on start run type msconfig click on the Boot.ini tab and put a check on Basevideo and check if the computer will boot on normal mode if it those update your display drivers

Now about your user profile you need to login on safe mode as administrator and backup your profile and delated and make a new one here is a link that can help you with that http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-22-5481772-1.html#

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.368248/
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi I have windows XP home edition I don t have windows XP setup disk We have norton antivirus already installed on the PC We had a several popups Black 'Death' screen and it was some form of spyware promotion etc The yellow triangle appeared at the bottom of the taskbar manager There was some mis-spelling Black 'Death' screen alongside with the yellow triangle stating quot allert quot etc The work could not be done due to the generating fake popups The popups were made to quot appear quot like genuine windows messages Black 'Death' screen It was scanned with the norton antivirus and then later it was restarted manually I know that should not have happened I think it was accidently clicked on quot no quot button Then after a while the screen saver picture went blue and then it went all black The black screen stated quot Operating system file is missing quot We tried to get it in safe mode but couldn t Then black screen now states quot NTLDR is missing quot We can no longer get safe mode at all We tried using F We really need to get hold of our quot my documents quot files as they are potentially our work What can be done about it Is there anyway we can get hold of our files to be backed upto USB Please let us know Thank you newbie nbsp

A:Black 'Death' screen

Try F8 again, try Last Know Good Configuration

If that does not work - time to get your hands on a XP CD and get into the Recovery Console
where you type "Chkdsk /p"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-death-screen.660259/
Relevancy 101.05%

Upon the completion of the filling of my 500GB my system ceased to boot. The exact verbiage IS: "internal hard disk drive not found. to resolve this issue, try to reseat the drive. No bootable devices --strike f1 to boot, f2 for setup utility, f5 to run on board diag..." The system is an Inspiron 1720 Dell. Any other specs may be requested. Thank you for your help.

A:Black Screen of Death???

This worked for one person........ BOOT BCD Error 0xc00014c | Windows Secrets Lounge

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/326572-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

every1 has heard of this Black screen of death.... and ive had it on my computer for a while and i want to fix it but i dont know how. ive tried everything. ive burned memtest into my usb and cd and booted from f10 on them and didnt seem to work..... i cant log in because the black screen appears before you can log in. ive tried f8 and going to last known good configurations, and i tried to repair your computer thingy on f8 and it all goes blank black and also going into safe mode does the same.

Please help =)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-of-death-678023.html
Relevancy 101.05%

HI,and hope all is well with the members....i turned my laptop on and received this message...
windows could not start because of the following file is missing or corrupt:

\windows\system32\config\system.....

I am trying not to loose my files, when doing this but if i have to, so be it...

i also put the original cd in to reinstall, and repair, and both would not install...pleaseeeeeeee if there is anyone that
can get my pc back up and running ...my family and myself would gratefully appreciate it..thank you and GOD BLESS YOU!!!

Also i am willing to give my phone number if it would be easier....

A:BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH

Do you have your Data backed up?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/481265/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 101.05%

I'm having issues with random freezes (crashes) with my laptop that I upgraded from pre-loaded Vista to Windows 7 Enterprise.

I'm not exactly sure where to begin, and searching the internet brought me to this forum. Any and all help would be appreciated.

A:Black Screen of Death??

I get something like this also. It is a black screen with a blue square in the middle. It says something like dumping memory to somewhere, then shuts off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/114439-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Problem my brother did not have the genuine windows After fixing it up I updated all his windows updates Usually it would stop him at sp because it did not recognize his windows as genuine But after fixing it up it let me download sp I installed it restarted then the comp made a peeping noise and displayed nothing on the monitor I know its not even going into windows because his little screen on his keyboard shows nothing I have more then a few windows disc from old computer and from work So it would be no problem installing windows if I needed too So my guess is maybe I can put a flash drive into the comp upon start up and perhaps reroll to where it was at yesterday before the sp installation I have no clue if something like this can be done I tried unplugging the power to reset the video card resolution with no avail I also attemped tapping f with no results nbsp

Relevancy 101.05%

Hello everyone I have had for years laptop Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo PI running Windows Vista bit preinstalled and regulary updated with AVG antivirus Never had any problem until recently I got BSOD but before I was able to read it the screen dissynchronized and laptop freezed I forced to shut it down then switched it on again Windows gave me option to start it screen of death Black normaly and so Black screen of death I chose Everything worked fine for a couple of hours and it happened again This time before screen dissynchronized I caught a glimpse of following quot Windows shuts down to prevent loss of data A program tries to modify video driver quot I restarted laptop as before and used old rescue point It worked for a a few hours and then again - dissynchronized BSOD so I restarted it again by same procedure as before and went to Advanced Start Up section where I ran diagnostic When I hit Windows Memory diagnostic tool screen went black This time screen stayed black even after restart Could not even enter bios but according to HDD light and sound PC tried to start up I connected another screen to laptop and it was also very disynchronized and I was not able to see anything Forced laptop to shut it down disconnected battery RAM HDD and after a while reconnected and tried to run it Again black screen After at least tries of forced switched off and on with black screen Pc started screen worked and I was able to get into safe mode with networking I checked PC with other than AVG AV programs and antirootkit programs of different brand names Nothing was find except a couple of tracking cookies So I downloaded and installed a new video driver for ATI Mobility Radeon When I restarted laptop screen again went black and it took me again about tries of forced shut down to get it in the safe mode with networking Did not find any log of whats going on Ran chkdsk - was OK The problem never happend in safe mode So I reistalled win uploaded every possible update and for days worked fine Then I went to control panel system performance information and pressed a button for windows ratings and screen dissynchronized went black and automaticaly started normally This time however recorded logs There are underneath Does anyone please know where the problem is How to fix it Thanks PS A long before the problem occured I did not install any program nor hardware and i use laptop only for office purposes with occassional web browsing Code Product Windows Problem Shut down unexpectedly Date Status Not Reported Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem Mini - dmp sysdata xml Version txt Extra information about the problem BCCode ea BCP C D BCP BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Product Windows Problem Video hardware error Date Status Not Reported Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP F C BCP BE C C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Product Windows Problem Video hardware error Date Status Not Reported Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP B BCP BE C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product

A:Black screen of death

Welcome

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/293814-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

HI,and hope all is well with the members....i turned my laptop on and received this message... windows could not start because of the following file is missing or corrupt: \windows\system32\config\system..... I am trying not to loose my files, when doing this but if i have to, so be it... i also put the original cd in to reinstall, and repair, and both would not install...pleaseeeeeeee if there is anyone that can get my pc back up and running ...my family and myself would gratefully appreciate it..thank you and GOD BLESS YOU!!! *moderator edit: removed email address and offer to provide phone number. - Queen-Evie* 

I'll report this topic to appropriate helpers.
Hold on...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/481408/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 101.05%

Windows Xp Professional. Dell. Intel Pentium 4 HT

HI,

I was having an issue with mallware called "Malware Doctor." So I ran Malware Bytes as usual, and after the scan it found 2 Trojans. I removed them and it asked to restart my computer to complete the process. I clicked ok, then when it restarted the normal screen came up then just went black.

I have tried rebooting several times, I am able to hit F2 and F10 and see the setup and boot files. I can also hit F8, but when I make any selection after hitting F8 it either starts again with the black screen or if i select to start it in safe mode I get a bunch of white text saying "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe" etc...
I have tried hitting ctrl.alt.del with nothing happening.

Please help if you can.

A:Black Screen of Death!

Hi .BC Removal Guide, Malware DoctorIf you have already tried all of the above listed steps for removal...then I suggest following the instructions near the bottom of the link...which begin "If you are still having problems...."Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/328337/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi everyone after houres searching and trying I can't figure out this problem And I'm hoping someone of you can help me out My problem I'm stuck with the quot Black screen of death quot I get the black screen with the white arrow that I can move but I can't do anything else I've already tried the following - ctrl alt of screen death Black del to open task manager and open explorer exe no luck - ctrl shift esc no luck either - Used my Vista cd to quot repair my computer quot No boot problems found - Ran a checkdisk -r and -f from the Black screen of death repair console nothing changed - Used the commando bootrec FixMbr FixBoot BuildBcd nothing - checked my RpcSs in the regedit - changed my Logs map to Logs bad and created new Logs map c Windows System winevt - Tried to boot in safe mode the same problem as standard boot - Put the HDD in an external case and checked on virusses nothing there - Changed the permission to everyone HDD in Black screen of death external case - Used GParted Live to see if the correct partition was flagged with quot boot quot was so - Tried system recovery to a point back it says there were no points while I created a few a while back And that's about it I've found some other options to try but all the others require that you can get task manager running Does anyone have an idea what I can try next Beside reinstalling my complete system Thanks in advance And sorry about my bad English

Welcome
Here is a solution from our own Corrine
Black screen of death

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/294815-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hello everyone,
Just recently i got a problem with my pc running windows 7. what happens is, everything works fine to the point where i reach the login screen, i click on my user icn, enter my password and then it loads and i get a blank black screen with only the cursor showing.
what's weird is when i switch my user account and use guest or administrator (i have 3 accounts), i can successfully login and see my desktop and task bar and icons. it's only when i log into my user account that i get this problem.
i have searched everywhere for a solution but with no luck.
someone please help me!

thank you!

Hi realnsleo and welcome to SF.
It's just a hunch but it looks like explorer.exe isn't started/crashed due to a possibly corrupted profile.
press CTRL-ALT-Del and check the task list, if explorer exe runs.
If not, in Task manager go to File/New Tasl(Run) and start explorer.exe from there.
If that works, we'll figure out how to fix your probably corrupted user profile.

-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/155766-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

I have a Windows Vista SP -bit with GB RAM and ATi Radeon s CrossFireX Anyways I have a program called System Mechanics you ve all probably heard of it before it s a great program for cleaning up your hard drive and defragging your memory However I ran it last night and told the program Screen of Black Death to automatically restart the computer when it was finished after it finished and restarted Black Screen of Death I was greeted with the atrocious Black Screen of Death with a Cursor though it isn t blinking and I can move it freely however there s nothing I can do with Black Screen of Death it considering the bottom task-bar is nonexistent and the Black Screen of Death entire screen is black I ve tried some of the solutions I can t even do the CTRL ALT DELETE to get into the Task Manager and manually start explorer exe Help me please The only sort of reaction I can get from the system is to get Stick Keys to pop-up when I hit the shift-key five times I am very confused I have no external Hard Drives hooked up to it and there are no thumb-drives connected via USB either I m a thoroughly stumped here Please help me nbsp

Hi and welcome,
Can you at least boot in to Safe Mode as described here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode ? Someone may then be able to try to help you further.

Unfortunately it's too late for now to tell you that reg cleaners/boosters are not well thought of here at TSG, but for the future here's why: http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Registry_Cleaners

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.1042371/
Relevancy 101.05%

Please help i have a Toshiba laptop Satellite series L -S Problem- Once i death screen Black of hit the power button nothing boots only power and charging status lights come on number lock flashs for a second no beeps its just Black screen of death completly dead Trouble shoot- checked battery power drained removed both RAM cards Tried using multiple Boot from CD disk for BIOS i reset the battery CMOS on the laptop to no avail after taking it apart to the motherboard and resaldering the battery hoping it would reset it still does the same thing still thinking Im thinking either the graphics card is dead but not so sure since the computer just has no response to anything im doing please any help would be appreciated ill try anything im thinking i might need a new CMOS battery but come advise would be nice before i go buy one i bought a soldering tip and you can see how that didn t help much nbsp

"Problem- Once i hit the power button nothing boots, only power and charging status lights come on, number lock flashs for a second, no beeps,its just completly dead"...

The motherboard is probably bad, and it will have to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-of-death.177031/
Relevancy 101.05%

Not a blue screen of death but rather black Here's my issue Shut computer off during vacation I have a surge protector Came back boot up no go Boots until windows logo appears then it just goes black with only the mouse cursor up Nothing will exit from this screen CTL-ALT-Del no go Rebooted in safe mode and same deal and same black screen before login prompt Enabled low resolution to verify its not video card nothing Entered BIOS and switched to boot from dvd drive with install disc Went to Start up repair said it could not fix here is the readout on the bottom Root cause found --------------------------- Boot manager is missing or corrupt cannot of Black Screen Death?????? repair automatically Repair action File repair Result Failed Error code x Time taken ms Black Screen of Death?????? Went to system restore Cannot restore no points Went to system last known image No images created my fault just installed windows like months prior with no issues Went to command prompt and did a Bootrec bootfix and Bootrec rebuildbcd Nothing still black screen Some background info in case it relates to the dillema I have windows installed on my E drive and seperate from my data HD C so I can run a bit faster But I still have some old data on the E drive that I absolutely need and subsequently never moved to the C drive The E drive is from my old computer so I have some important photos and documents I do not wish to lose So I'm contemplating reistalling windows completely but do not want to lose anything I know I should have backed up my data on all drives but I havn't yet Plus I don't know how to do this effectively without windows running Anyway some fixes short a complete wipe and re-install would be grand Thanks ahead of time all and look forward to any suggestions My system specs are under my user profile if need be I'm not a pro at fixes but I am an engineer and understand some terminology and basic commands but not all so bear with me if I ask what an achronym is or how to do a particular corrective action I didn't build the computer myself I had a friend help whose done this plenty of times and for a living with no issues with other clients However he is out of the country right now Anyway thanks

A:Black Screen of Death??????

have u booted without restart after system failure from 'F8' to get a bluescreen error code?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/153988-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

I have tried so many ways to fix my computer. The most common method to fixing the black screen of death seems to restarting from a recovery point but my comp doesn't have any :(. can you help?

Restart the computer and press F8. In the Advanced Boot menu (Safe Mode etc) choose Repair Your Computer. If you have a Windows DVD you can also boot from the DVD and choose Repair Your Computer.
You also can download the ISO image of Seatools in my signature. Burn the image to CD using IMGBurn. Also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD and run the Short and Long tests on the HDD. If either test fails, the HDD needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-of-death-693496.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Computer has problems screen of death Black after log-in nothing loads except for a taskbar without a start button Using Black screen of death ctrl-alt-del can access the options given and attempt to turn off or Black screen of death restart but just hangs at the screen saying quot shutting down quot The hijackthis log is as follows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved Black screen of death at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes C Users Albert AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Albert AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Albert AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x PowerISO PWRISOVM EXEC Users Albert AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Albert AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Albert AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Albert AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Windows SysWOW rundll exeC Users Albert AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnbR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO IDM Helper - C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - HKLM Run UCam Menu quot C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media Webcam MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe quot quot C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media Webcam quot update quot Software Hewlett-Packard Media Webcam quot O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe StartO - HKLM Run WirelessAssistant C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exeO - HKLM Run SwitchBoard C Program Files x Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exeO - HKLM Run AdobeCS ServiceManager quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbyloginO - HKLM Run WD Spindown Utility quot C Program Files x Western Digital Technologies Spindown ExSpinDn exe quot O - HKLM Run AmazonGSDownloaderTray C Program Files x Amazon Amazon Games amp Software Downloader AmazonGSDownloaderTray exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quo... Read more

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. [/b]If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stopPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435759/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 101.05%

Hey all,

Just a while ago i used windows update feature of windows 7 to download those important/recommended updates which were for my newly installed office 2007. The downloads finished and installed normally but it won't boot pass the windows logo after the restart to finish the updates. There is just a black screen with a underscore flashing. How do i fix this guys?

A:I think i just got the Black Screen of Death

Boot from the W7 DVD and do a system restore.

Method 2

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/668-system-recovery-options.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-think-i-just-got-the-black-screen-of-death.887040/
Relevancy 101.05%

I have an Acer aspire 5740 laptop running win xp, i tried partitioning the disk using a partitioning software which i downloaded from the internet and after making changes on the size of each drive,it prompted me to restart the computer to apply to changes and when i did that,the computer wont boot black screen appears and a blinking cursor on the upper left hand corner,also tried reinstalling os but i cant boot from cd. please help

What software did you use to for the partitioning?

When trying to boot to the disc make sure that the cdrom is selected a the first boot device.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-of-death-669165.html
Relevancy 101.05%

I am having a major problem on my primary PC I am currently on an old PC I use PCs together networked The PCs are side by side death can't Black Screen of fix on my desk with each having it's own monitor I use windows Vista on the newer Pc and windows XP on the older -- the one I am currently on And I use a program that allows me to use one mouse and keyboard for both computers It's called Synergy The problem is that sometimes when I watch full screen video on the can't fix Black Screen of death Vista machine the synergy seems to cause Vista to crash if I am not careful well I wasn't careful enough apparently So when my can't fix Black Screen of death PC crashes I usually use system restore to go to an older restore point and this fixes the problem well this time system restore says there are no restore points for some reason And when I try to boot in normal mode or safe mode there is a black screen and my mouse pointer is there and that's it So I have no choice other than to restart and try again and I have the option of either going into recovery -- system restore - or quot boot menu quot and that is it Does anyone know of some other way I can get the system restore to work and revert to an older restore point I have tried the different Black Screen of Death fixes I have seen doing a google seach -- such as registry edits but they didn't work Also I did have an issue recently where whenever windows update updated my PC it was causing a crashing problem and I would have to go to a previous restore point So I had to disable Windows update to keep it from crashing until I could could backup my files before attempting to fix the problem Maybe ths is what is part of the current weirdness

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/214310-cant-fix-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi guys, ive posted here before about my issue, thought it was resolved but apparently not.

I use after effects alot, and just recently it causes my PC to restart, no BSOD, no crash report, nothing, all it does is makes my PC screen go black, and restarts - asks me to run in safe mode incase of recovery etc - i cant for the life of me figure out why its doing this...

i did GPU, CPU, RAM stress tests and it didnt reoccur, did memtest with 11 passes and 0 errors...only seems to happen in after effects...

Event viewer shows that kernel lost power - nothing else...

help plz

A:Black screen of death.

anyone have any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/135881-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

I'm finding more and more that when I Screen Death? Black Near of boot my computer or reboot my computer after the initial Vista logo with the status bar at the bottom of the screen I get just a black screen on both my monitors with a fully functional white cursor Unfortunately I can't do anything with that cursor and the computer doesn't seem to respond to any other input ctrl-alt-del won't bring up task manager pressing the power button on my tower won't initiate a shutdown etc The only thing I can do is move the cursor around with my mouse The harddrive light seems to go off and on for a while and eventually stops but nothing else happens even if I leave the computer for a few hours The only way out is to hit the rest button After that I'll get the quot windows did not shut down properly quot screen asking me if I want to Black Screen of Near Death? go into safe mode or start windows normally Black Screen of Near Death? If I start windows normally it boots just fine I think there are a couple of Windows shut down unexpectedly warnings in the event log but nothing else of relevance I did install SP but can't recall if this started with SP or may have happened a couple of times before Now it seems to be happening pretty much every time I start the computer I did find the following the SP release notes that largely describes my problem Display In some cases computers that use multiple monitors may display black screens when the display mode is changed after resuming from sleep This issue can also affect laptop computers connected to an external monitor Display mode changes may occur in any of the following circumstances Attaching or detaching a monitor Accessing the computer remotely Changing the screen resolution or color depth using the Display Properties dialog box which you can access in Control Panel or an application Logging users on or off Rotating the display on a tablet computer To avoid this do not use multiple monitors or do not allow the computer to sleep or change the display mode If this has already occurred restart the computer However this specifically talks about coming back from sleep which is not the case with me In my case it happens when I initially boot or when I reboot the system My power settings never go to sleep However my UPS is set to put the system into hibernation if there's an extended power out I haven't tested a forced hibernation but if it were to return to the black screen that could be a major issue as there would be no opportunity to save any open files since the only action available is a hard reset I also find Microsoft's solution rather insulting don't use multiple monitors Isn't the point of SP to fix this sort of nuisance In any case are there any gurus who have any idea what might be going on here and if I can fix it If it helps I had an ATI Radeon XT but it kept causing quot Display was not responding and was reset quot errors which sometimes would lead to a BSOD Since I saw no evidence that AMD was going to release a fix in the near future if ever I decided to try nVidia instead So I just replace that card with a nVidia GT The black screen issue does seem worst since I swapped the cards but I don't know if that's just a coincidence or not It was happening intermittently with the ATI card as well I found with the nVidia card I couldn't boot successfully as it seemed to fail to load the default VGA driver Only when I hit F and chose the x was I able to successfully boot and from there I was able to install the nVidia driver So far I'm not having any other issues except for the black screen thing Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/137652-black-screen-near-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

HI I am getting frequents black screen of deaths Very few times what I see is Black screen while working on After effects or browsing internet or watching movies today I got black screen while playing death of screen Help! Black :( multilayer MW and Black screen of death :( Help! even on Batman What it does The screen goes black and CPU is running Keyboard lights goes off in times I see that whole system gets restarted again Graphic driver is latest updated CPU temp are - C Black screen of death :( Help! idle and C while playing games Mobo temps around C normal while Black screen of death :( Help! playing games RAM are okay in MemTest I recently tested my system with Performance test with all test and it shows result as http s postimg org icsp avav Untitled png What can be the issue of black screens I checked my CPU it has black lines See images I tried to rub it with cloth and it was getting off is that dust Will that effect If yes then how can I clean it in a better way Is this CPU is issue http s postimg org qwvz h DSC jpg http s postimg org eainyfikd DSC jpg My system specs Mobo ASUS M A T-M CPU AMD Phenom II X T BE CPU Cooler CM Hyper EVO GPU EVGA GeForce GTX Ti DS Superclocked PSU Seasonic Gold X W HDD gigs RAM Dump files http drv ms nL qVj

A:Black screen of death :( Help!

This could be caused by a power related problem.

This could be the power supply - power levels dropping below the minimum requirement.
Do you have a multimeter you can use?

This could be a motherboard problem - one part of the Power Logic Circuit that is malfunctioning.
Check all you cables from power supply to motherboard for positive connection.
A test: unplug the lead from your computer case power switch and reset switch from the motherboard and run it without those for a while. You can start the PC by briefly touching the 2 leads on the power switch pins with a screwdriver.

This could be a problem with a failing component - causing a short circuit that resets the system.
The most likely suspect is the video card, only because the symptoms happen during video tasks.
The quickest and easiest way to diagnose or eliminate the graphics card from the equation is to borrow a known good card and test the system with that.
But it could be any other attached component too.

The black marks on the processor pins looks like corrosion, but that could be normal, especially on an older motherboard. The key is if the pins are relatively smooth it is OK, but if the corrosion creates a raised surface, or can flake off, then it can become a problem.

As always, the more information you can give on what the system is doing when these problems happen the better we can understand what is happening. And telling us the results of the tests above can help narrow down the possible causes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/332688-black-screen-death-help.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Was working on the laptop when all of a sudden it blue screened. I was unable to copy down the code before it reset, but once it turned back on, the desktop is black. This happens right after I login. The taskbar is still there but there is no start button. I can boot into safe mode and its works ok. I've checked the event viewer and the main thing seems to be saying: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort0.

Specs:
HP dv4t-1400
Windows 7 64-bit

Thanks in advance

A:Black Screen of Death?

If this is recent, you might want to try the System Restore option through the Windows safe mode.That should restore any changes that is causing this problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435750/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 101.05%

I doubt anyone will be able of screen death Black to fix this because not a lot is known about it Here is what causes my black screen of death Ever since Black screen of death doing a new install of Windows Black screen of death after reformatting my hard drive I can't run all the programs Black screen of death I used to Before the reformat I had a custom start orb icons visual themes with the help of uxstyle rocketdock and rainmeter As well as a few apps I use on a regular such as Display Fusion Pro Auslogics Disk Defrag and Reg Clean Windows Manager utorrent and ESET NOD Now when I install all of my old apps that used to work fine on my new install I get the black screen of death It only ever happens after I've finished configuring the way I like it I don't bother with backup images anymore because all of the ones I make fail to load for some reason or there is some error within the disk If it's any extra help I have monitors I put everything on my monitor on the right taskbar rainmeter rocketdock and make display fusion put a second taskbar on the left Click system specs for system specs Any help would be appreciated If you don't know what a black screen of death is here is what happens Windows boots Login Black Screen for a few seconds input does not work except moving mouse Automatically logged out Every single time My current solution is to install just what I need to get by NOD multimedia games firefox maintenance and IM But as you can see from my post here http www sevenforums com customiza tml post Not customizing hurts me greatly So any sort of help would be appreciated

There's no much that can be done about Black Screen of Death errors, but the web abounds with suggestions to try.

I usually try System Restore to a period before it happened, if that doesn't work I just do a backup and reinstall Windows.

There's 2 things that concern me about your system:
- that your images don't work
- that you customize so much

To check the hardware on your system, please run these diagnostic tests:

Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Malware (read the details at the link)

If they pass, then you'll have to resort to:
- a clean install of Windows
- ensuring that System Restore is turned on
- making a Restore Point before each customization is made.
- then, when the Black Screen occurs - use System Restore to go back in steps - until you reach a point where you don't get it any more. In Win7 you can view the changes that it'll make - and this should give you some info about why it happens (most often it's something that's installed last that affects an earlier installation - so both have to be "fixed").

Do not use Registry Cleaners - they are of no practical use (IMO), and they will damage your system after repeated use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/53962-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

I encountered this problem yesterday. Everytime I reboot my computer using the Start menu, nothing loads, and all I see is a blank, black screen and my cursor. Switching it off manually works fine though.

I recently deleted a few files to clear up disk space because I kept getting those annoying notifications, could this be the problem?

A:The BLACK screen of death?

Hi CheezNapkin and welcome to TSF

Apart of our troubleshooting process needs us to boot your computer into Safe Mode to test things. I would like you to start up your computer and when it gets past the BIOS Splash Screen (first load up screen) I would like you to keep tapping the F8 key.

When you get to the Advanced Boot Up Options page I would like you to use the arrow keys to navigate to Safe Mode. Hit enter on Safe Mode and choose the Operating System that has the issue. Log onto your computer as you would normally and post back whether the computer booted up correctly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/the-black-screen-of-death-195671.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Help I have two computers both running WinXP SP both having the black screen of death The first computer is a dell desktop Intel Pentium iii GeForce graphics card mb of RAM this computer is different from the other I first got the screen of death on this one when i went to the display properties menu and changed the display settings now everytime i turn on the computer I have to wait like fifteen minutes for the monitor to turn on while the CPU has been running after the monitor turns on the computer has skiped the BIOS boot up screen n everything it just directly goes to the black screen with a movable cursor no commands will work as I've already tried and I don't have any WinXP cds my second problem is with a dell Inspiron Intel Celeron and mb of RAM this computer has had problems when it used Black death Screen of to boot it Black Screen of death will Black Screen of death just go to the login screen then just show my desktop after trying to load up I downgrade its RAM and put it's original RAM in other computer but I decided to install a new OS Ubuntu on the Inspiron so I had to retake the RAM once I did the computer didnt even ask me to press F because of the RAM change the computer just simply went to the black screen with no movable cursor but this computer does go to the bios etc though i've already tried safe mode etc and no commands work i have no xp cds but i do have the ubuntu cd i would like to boot from but it Black Screen of death wont let me Any help plizzz

A:Black Screen of death

Start a second thread for the second computer. No one that can help you is going to waste time trying to figure out which computer is which in the middle of the same thread.

On the first computer (and only, for this thread), boot to Safe Mode and select the boot option "Use Last Known Good Configuration". Report results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-of-death-501089.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Alright I just got a new PC on Thursday and everything was going well untill Yesterday I don t know if this is a hardware issue or a issue with my OS or what but as I have been playing World of Warcraft only time it has happened so far My Monitor will just go black the No Signal Death? Screen of Black box Black Screen of Death? will pop up and my computer freezes with nothing I can do but hard boot it back It happened after I was playing for about or hours on sunday and then repeatedly after that point probably within minutes or so of trying again Here are my Specs Intel Core Duo E GHz bit Dual Core Processor MB L Cache GB x GB DDR GB SATA-II Gb s RPM HDD NVIDIA GeForce GT MB PCI Express Video Card Realtek ALC Audio Windows Vista Home Premium -bit ASUS P N-E SLI Motherboard NVIDIA nForce i SLI Chipset Anyone have any ideas let me know nbsp

Relevancy 101.05%

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on my main hard drive, with XP Home SP3 on my second hard drive as a backup. A couple of days ago I had to use system restore in Windows 7, which seemed to go okay until it rebooted and I got the normal welcome screen and then the Black Screen of Death. I have tried all the Advanced Options, Repair your computer Safe Modes etc but every time I end up back at the BSOD. I cannot do a Repair Install as I cannot get into Windows 7.
Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks for you help.

A:Black Screen Of Death

Quote: Originally Posted by johnp

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on my main hard drive, with XP Home SP3 on my second hard drive as a backup. A couple of days ago I had to use system restore in Windows 7, which seemed to go okay until it rebooted and I got the normal welcome screen and then the Black Screen of Death. I have tried all the Advanced Options, Repair your computer Safe Modes etc but every time I end up back at the BSOD. I cannot do a Repair Install as I cannot get into Windows 7.
Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks for you help.

Boot from the dvd and do a repair install from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/65587-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi everyone i black of screen death think i have probably black screen of death made a noob mistake somewhere along the line but i am now very worried about what i might have done to my PC I bought a second hand cpu off ebay and the seller had rating so i wasnt worried untill i received the cpu i opened the parcel to find the chip loose in an envelope with just the plastic casing no bubblewrap or any protection around it i cant think of the beating it must have taken in the mail then i see pins in the corner were slightly bent so i get out the magnifying glass and a tiny pair of pliers and i bend them straight and it slips nicely into place and i lock black screen of death it down apply thermal paste and afix a new HSF unit i bought to match the jump in temp of the newer CPU i boot her up to see nothing but a black screen NOW im seriously worried i do a bit of googling and find i should reset my CMOS i do that remove the battery take out all but one stick of RAM hold PAGE UP during boot i tried everything to get into BIOS at least to no avail so now im sorely disappointed i think i may aswell put my old CPU back in I do so reapply thermal paste but put the new HSF unit on thinking at least i have a better HSF now You guessed it my old CPU won t boot either now so i reset the CMOS again and take out the battery but it s just not happening everything i try is in vain and i am scared i have lost my other girlfriend I am hoping this problem doesnt have any affect on my hard drives Is there something elementary i have overlooked here or any troubleshooting you guys can recommend or does it sound like both CPU s are now fried Thanks so much i apppreciate any advice nbsp

if anyone comes across this. do not worry i have pretty much assumed that i fried my motherboard. i am buying a new setup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.852502/
Relevancy 101.05%

First of all I hope this is the correct section to put this in For the past days I have been trying to fix my computer but I am stumped My computer is running Windows Professical bit On Black of Death Screen Sunday night Black Screen of Death I turn on my computer It starts up like normal until screen where it asks if I want to boot into Startup Repair Recommended or Start Windows Normally I think nothing of it and just start it normally After I select that it reboots and goes back to that boot screen Naturally I just Black Screen of Death let it run Startup Repair I let it run overnight and in the morning I find my computer with a black screen and movable cursor I didn't think much of it so I rebooted and the black screen persists I look up possible solutions for this I later found out this problem is called the a Black Screen of Death or KSOD but have failed to discover a solution The following are all the solutions I have attempted CTRL ALT DEL nothing CTRL SHIFT ESC nothing SHIFT nothing Above key combinations with all safe modes nothing Safe Mode black screen with cursor Safe Mode w Networking black screen with cursor Safe Mode w Command Prompt black screen with cursor Last Known Good Configuration black screen with cursor Low resolution boot black screen with larger cursor Startup Repair Could not fix problem automatically System Restore Could not find restore point System Image Recover Could not find image Windows Memory Disgnostics nothing SRC Scan Unable to scan and says I must restart to scan Unplug external devices nothing Mashing random keys nothing Letting the black screen sit overnight nothing I have also tried other commands in command prompt but have forgotten what they are I am completely stumped This black screen was completely unprovoked Nothing out of the ordinary has occured The only thing I have noticed new is a new intel splash screen at startup but that can't mean anything I can't afford to do a complete system restore as I have important files on that computer needed for school If anybody has any other methods I'd greatly appreciate it If any other info is needed I'll willingly provide it

Some more trouble shooting here: How to Fix a PC Which Won't Boot: 7 steps - wikiHow

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/276343-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

I have an asus laptop. I usually shut it down because if I dont when I go to turn it on I have to unplug it and the battery hold the button for 30 seconds then restart it. This last time though it wont work. When I press power button the lights come on but the screen stays black and a slight touch of the power key will immediately turn it off. Sometimes it will go into reboot loop.
I can't get to BIOS.
Can't get to safe mode.
Can't boot from cd.

wut to do?

A:Is this Black Screen of Death? Please help me.

Your AC adapter may be bad. Mine quit working and I had to buy a new one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/400557/is-this-black-screen-of-death-please-help-me/
Relevancy 101.05%

Hello I have spent a considerable amount Black Death screen of of time googling for a resolution to the Windows black screen of death Sadly I have not been able to find a solution on my own I would appreicate any help with this I ve seen this before on Vista but none of the fixes have resolved my issue I am not exactly sure what was done to cause this I last used my pc on Sunday to google a few things No updates were installed no drivers updated Just minutes or so of googling Today I turn on my pc and I get the black screen with the white mouse cursor I have been able to bring up sticky keys and than from there open explorer At this point I have ran Malwarebytes and NOD scans All of which have come up clean I was not surprised as these scans are ran on regular intervals The only solution I have found that regularly poppped up in google searches was the registry change to add NT Authority as the data value for one of Black screen of Death the reg keys However this was already set on my pc and did not need changed I have also tried the solution Here but I think it was just the same thing as the registry change I did manually I have also tried to restore the pc to an earlier time This also did not work -Thanks

A:Black screen of Death

Try here: http://www.troublefixers.com/black-screen-...ter+troubles%29

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296398/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 101.05%

After turning on my pc , there is a CHKDSK that is launch , on normal days I dont let it continue but this time i let it finish the job. When the chkdsk was over the pc rebooted , but after rebooting I'm getting a black screen with a cursor instead of the welcome menu, I can't launch the taskmgr or another thing.I tried the safe mode and recovery options like restoring the system , checking the disk with cmd but still have the same problem. What should I do please ?

Hi, and welcome to TSF, try a repair from the install disc or flash drive Start your computer from a Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-of-death-991593.html
Relevancy 101.05%

While surfing the web y internet became slow so i restarted my computer while on the force log off screen my niece force shut down the computer using the physical button Now when i turned it back on it went to the acer screen with f for set up Black of screen death? and f for boot menu Then the screen with the blinking caret - cam on for about seconds then the screen went black I've waited minutes while looking for fixes all of them said you needed a disk witch i don quot t have because my laptop came pre-loaded with windows I just got this laptop for x-mas Is there any way i can fix Black screen of death? it without the disk Could i bring it to best buy or geek squad for a fix can they fix it Also i turned it on and off multiple times and one time it beeped over and over with no code then the battery stopped working Is my brand new Laptop broken

A:Black screen of death?

Well, let me think.. If you don't have either a recovery CD/DVD or a Windows CD/DVD, you probably have a recovery partition hidden somewhere on the HD.

You are still able to access the boot menu, aren't you?
If so, I'd try using a live CD (e.g. Ubuntu) to try and save any important document on an external USB drive first, then try re-imaging the laptop with the image that (hopefully) is included in a hidden partition on your HD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/137181-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

running windows 10. I keep getting a black screen and nothing works. once in a great while I will also get a screen saying windows encountered and needs to shut down. I've already checked to make sure it's not some kind of malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606177/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 101.05%

I have an older dell latitude D610 laptop and recently went to turn it on and just as soon as the loading screen goes off it turns black with a cursor in the left hand top of the screen. That's all it does. On other computers i' ve had you could press F8 on the load screen and load windows from an earlier point but this one only has F2 and F12. I need help please

The Dell Latitude D610 is a 2005-era laptop that came with Windows XP.

When was Windows 7 installed in it?

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.1129619/
Relevancy 101.05%

everytime my computer turns on it says system can not store from original...because image corrupt. whats that mean!?!

Relevancy 101.05%

Hi I recently Screen Death Black of started up my Black Screen of Death desktop and suddenly it was a black screen with only the Black Screen of Death cursor There was nothing I can do can't get into task manager or anything I tried going into repairs Black Screen of Death during the startup and tried system restore and the others but no go Safemode does not work either same black screen issue We tried putting in a Vista upgrade disk in but after you click on install vista I receive a message stating quot A required CD DVD drive device is missing If you have a driver floppy disk CD DVD or USB please insert it now quot I tried downloading the driver file from the hp site and also extracted the setup file which I then put in the usb But when I plugged in the usb and tried going to that file I still get the message no driver Any help is much appreciated Computer HP Pavilion Elite m f Windows Vista home premium x GB AMD Phenom x Processor GB Hard drive

Hi why are you using a vista disc you could do better with a win 7 disc and run a start up repair

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-of-death-705509.html
Relevancy 101.05%

I'm having an interesting situation with a computer I built for a friend It happens randomly but if you touch the computer no noticeable electrical discharge occurs the screen goes into a reset type black screen all the fans rev up and that's it It stays like this until you either hit the reset switch or power off completely Once you reset you get the Windows did not shut down properly screen At first we thought it might be a faulty CD drive because it was happening when he pushed the CD drive eject button or when he closed the drive I switched out the CD drive for a new one and when I went to put the side panel back on I Screen Black death of NOT touched the body of the case with the panel and it did it This doesn't happen regularly I can't recreate the problem I tried moving wires the case button pin connectors and moving the case around opening and closing the CD drive and nothing I put his case on his plastic floor mat and told him to try and avoid touching it until I figure this out We haven't tried a windows reinstall or anything software related He's running AVG free scan showed nothing I'm going to get him on Norton internet security and run a registry check with Registry Mechanic Any thoughts -ZALMAN CPU Cooler -LG X DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model GH LS -COOLER MASTER Centurion CAC-T -WW Computer Case -Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD HJ Black Screen NOT of death GB RPM SATA - SAMSUNG TB RPM -CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V -EVGA -P - -TR GeForce GTS MB -bit DDR -ASUS M A TD PRO USB AM AMD FX -ASUS PCE-N PCI Express Wireless Adapter -G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC -AMD Phenom II X T Black Edition Thuban GHz Socket AM

A:Black Screen NOT of death

That kind of "screams" Hardware. No need to change any drivers. I would check each and every cable for damages (including checking everything between case and outlet for proper grounding) even anything coming from the PSU that isn't connected.

What I can't say from here is, if you guys are charged up statically by an unfortunate combination of carpet/footwear and lack of humidity or if you simply provide a better ground than the cables.
whatever the case...electrical current seems to run ways it's not supposed to and that pulls down your comp.

-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/119902-black-screen-not-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi new here and to malware in general.

Laptop is starting up with a black screen, mouse pointer is moving. Nothing else. Ctrl Alt Del and Ctrl Shift Esc do nothing.

This is what Ive done so far.
1. Safe mode: no difference
2. Safe mode with command prompt: Can finally start programs from the command line.
2a. Tried to run superantispyware and received "application failed to initialise properly" error. The same message appears for SpyBotSD.
3. Removed HDD and scanned on another computer as a secdonary drive. No infections with MalwareBytes or superantispyware.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
H

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397652/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 101.05%

HI I am getting frequents black screen death.. screen of HELP! Black of deaths Very Black screen of death.. HELP! few times what I Black screen of death.. HELP! see is Black screen while working on After effects or browsing internet or watching movies today I got black screen while playing multilayer MW and even on Batman What it does The screen goes black and CPU is running Keyboard lights goes off in times I see that whole system gets restarted again Graphic driver is latest updated CPU temp are - C idle and C while playing games Mobo temps around C normal while playing games RAM are okay in MemTest I recently tested my system with Performance test with all test and it shows result as http s postimg org icsp avav Untitled png What can be the issue of black screens I checked my CPU it has black lines See images I tried to rub it with cloth and it was getting off is that dust Will that effect If yes then how can I clean it in a better way Is this CPU is issue http s postimg org qwvz h DSC jpg http s postimg org eainyfikd DSC jpg My system specs Mobo ASUS M A T-M CPU AMD Phenom II X T BE CPU Cooler CM Hyper EVO GPU EVGA GeForce GTX Ti DS Superclocked PSU Seasonic Gold X W HDD gigs RAM Dump files http drv ms nL qVj nbsp

A:Black screen of death.. HELP!

remember my son having black screens playing dayz,turned out to be graphics card,suggest try a different one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death-help.1126666/
Relevancy 101.05%

I have had my new Dell Studio 15 Laptop for under a week. Earlier today, after it updated, it took a while to log in, so I restarted and it was fine. Then, about 20 mins ago, I start, log on and get the Black Screen of Death. I safe moded and did a system restore. It is on now, but I am afraid to shut it off. Any advice?

Btw, I am not tech savvy, so...bare with me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by degausser_

I have had my new Dell Studio 15 Laptop for under a week. Earlier today, after it updated, it took a while to log in, so I restarted and it was fine. Then, about 20 mins ago, I start, log on and get the Black Screen of Death. I safe moded and did a system restore. It is on now, but I am afraid to shut it off. Any advice?

Btw, I am not tech savvy, so...bare with me.

OKAY, so Windows checked and said that:
Problem Event Name: Blue Screen
OS Version: bunch of numbers
etc
etc
Files that contributed to it:
a minidump TODAY...wth?
and 2: users/my name/appdata/local/temp/wer-515729-0.sysdata.xml
.../local/temp/wer8777.tmpversion.text

Please translate that into English.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-of-death-408692.html
Relevancy 101.05%

The only times I have experienced a black screen of of Black Death what do? Screen to - death was after having installed a Microsoft update I'd like to know what is Black Screen of Death - what to do? the best way to respond to this situation I am only aware of one option and that is to power off and power back on again Is there other options A friend I have who works in IT told me that if the logon screen does not reappear because Windows is stuck at a black screen the update specifically a security Black Screen of Death - what to do? update may have reset the permissions in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon Shell key He says that MS denies that this happens I assume workarounds get offered if this stuff actually happens otherwise there is nothing a user can do In Safe mode Windows repairs will revert the update and reconfigure Windows but if the black screen keeps on happening each time you try that update is there something that a user can do before trying it again Teaking com recommends draining the power completely before doing repairs - is this the only option I understand that the user gets an error code to help in diagnosing and fixing a problem but if that does not work and the black screen continues what should a user do before zipping the CBSlog and Windowsupdate log for analysis here The tutorials here are great but they do not include what is best to do when the user is staring at a black screen Are there options

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/401074-black-screen-death-what-do.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Running everything screen I of death think) Black could (tried windows ultimate Like many people I ve got the black screen of death Upon startup after the windows image I hear the start up sound but the screen is completely black No cursor like so people Ctrl alt dlt yields nothing I can get into safe mode In safe mode if I disable the drivers for my graphics card Nvidia GeForce GTX -not even months old I am then able to restart into normal mode I ve tried updating the drivers and I ve tried installing older drivers I ve also done every system restore point available Nothing has cured my problem I did run that download that is supposed to fix most issues with this problem too also no luck there I have ran Superanti spyware AVG and Malwarebytes All come up with a clean slate I can only assume Black screen of death (tried everything I could think) it s a registry error or something else Here is my HTJ log and DDS log that was run in normal mode Any help would be appreciated greatly Kevin from kevin s resource center suggested I go here

A:Black screen of death (tried everything I could think)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logElle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392516/black-screen-of-death-tried-everything-i-could-think/
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi AAAAAAAAAArgh running windows xp professional, on boot up pc seems to load ok right upto logo screen , no strange beeps or noises but the screen turns black , can still see the arrow cursor and can move it but cannot see anything else on screen . Tried F8 works ok to get safe mode screen up can move up and down the headings with arrow keys to select any heading , tried various but the same happens just a black screen . tried loading recovery cd that came with the Mesh Matrix PC nothing happens . The actuall pc sounds fine but its about to go through the window can any body guide me through this , PLEASE . Martin

Just a thought but, canu get into bios and check the vid to see if is being regonized at all or if thier are additional setting, kinda sound like my issue
refer to my post!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.837203/
Relevancy 101.05%

I was on my computer and picked up a virus, now instead of my desktop, i have a black screen with absolutely nothing on it, i cannot right click, I have to navigate my computer with task manager. If anyone has any insight on this problem, i would appreciate hearing it.

Welcome!

Have you removed the virus yet?

For your info I have asked the mods to move this thread to the Security forum:

System Security - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/97494-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Everytime I turn on my laptop I get a black screen after the Dell logo pops up. This has been happening for atleast a month now. The last time I got it to completely boot up I ran virus scans, malware scans, and tried doing a restore with all no such luck. The last thing I did on my laptop was create a PowerPoint presentation with no new hardware or software configuration. I took my laptop to my schools IT department and couldn't get it to boot up as well. any suggestions?

The laptop is Dell Studio 1558 with Windows 7 and an Intel Core i3.

Does it boot fine sometimes? Can it boot from bootable DVD for example a win7 install DVD?

do you have a win7 install DVD or win7 system repair disk?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272917-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

So I'm assuming this is the wrong forum to post this If death? of BLACK SCREEN that is the case please point me in the BLACK SCREEN of death? right direction and accept my appology I don't have a quot blue screen of death quot but rather a quot black quot screen of idle time of who knows how long these days This is my problem if it doesn't apply to this help forum tell me where to post it at and upon knowing the right place I will elaborate on the issue Running Windows Home Premium x on a hp laptop G about gigs of RAM gig hard drive pentium dual core t at ghz and basics installed to keep laptop simple have more info once i'm in forum I need to be I start up the laptop it boots fine from what I can hear Windows animated start op orb does what it does normally brings me to the log in screen where I have accounts to choose from admin and standard I log in under my account which is a admin account and then I get a black screen with a movable cursor for what seems like forever Realistically it's about minutes Guessing Then when it finally does move on from the screen I get normal settings on what is my normal desktop however it lags bad takes forever for that crappy hp wireless assistant to turn on It's getting annoying I have a past Microcomputer Degree but I bought a PC years back preinstalled with Vista and hated it and never kept up on OS from vista on out So I know it's not normal but this day and age and being out of tune I need some help please thanks

A:BLACK SCREEN of death?

Hmm, you can try typing "msconfig" in the start menu and go to the startup tab then disable as many unnecessary programs as you can, excluding your Anti virus.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/326837-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

st time here so please bare with me Upon start up recently my computer Window Asus NoteBook Model S L -the desktop is black No Icons no task bar and nothing at the side Only mouse is available For now Screen Death Black of what im doing to overcome this is open Task manager end task for the window explorer and then click new task explorer Black Screen of Death exe and then my desktop task bar and everything will show up again This is ok but its pretty annoying to have to keep doing it again every time i turn on my computer so is there a way i can make them standard again like i turn on my com Black Screen of Death and the Black Screen of Death desktop and all just show up normally Is there any easy way to like reset this without losing all my files Prior to all of that the st few signs of my computer having some issues is that whenever I would login there would be a light blue covering over my whole computer screen All features worked fined except that it required some loading before any of the things I clicked opened which only after awhile the blue screen would lift and then computer speed were back to normal Extra info would be i ve asked answer microsoft Did a Clean Boot SFC scan details of the SFCdetail txt - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l quot Amd CNBJ DPB quot of prncacla inf Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type l quot driverUpdate quot TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI b SR Cannot repair member file l quot Amd CNBJ DPB quot of prncacla inf Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type l quot driverUpdate quot TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l quot Amd CNBJ DPB quot of prncacla inf Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type l quot driverUpdate quot TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l quot Amd CNBJ DPB quot of prncacla inf Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type l quot driverUpdate quot TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch nbsp

Relevancy 101.05%

Running windows ultimate Like many people I ve (Tried death of everything) screen Black got the black screen of death Upon startup after the windows image I hear the start up Black screen of death (Tried everything) sound but the screen is completely black No cursor like so people Ctrl alt dlt yields nothing I can Black screen of death (Tried everything) get into safe mode In safe mode if I disable the drivers for my graphics card Nvidia GeForce GTX -not even months old I am then able to restart into normal mode I ve tried updating the drivers and I ve tried installing older drivers I ve also done every system restore point available Nothing has cured my problem I did run that download that is supposed to fix most issues with this problem too also Black screen of death (Tried everything) no luck there I have ran Superanti spyware AVG and Malwarebytes All come up with a clean slate I can only assume it s a registry error or something else Here is my HTJ log that was run in normal mode Any help would be appreciated greatly Kevin from kevin s resource center suggested I go here Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Users Mira Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files x AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files x AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run HDAudDeck C Program Files x VIA VIAudioi VDeck VDeck exe -r O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run Cpu Level Up help quot C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite CpuLevelUpHelp exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - HKCU Run BitTorrent DNA quot C Program Files x DNA btdna exe quot O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS ... Read more

A:Black screen of death (Tried everything)

Welcome to Bleeping Computer Forums.

We appreciate you coming to us for help but you've posted on the wrong section.
HijackThis logs must only be posted here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

Since you've already identified your video driver as the cause of your startup problem, I doubt it will be a malware issue (which is what HijackThis is used for), but it would do no harm to have our malware experts take a look at the log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392461/black-screen-of-death-tried-everything/
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi after my computer boots it gets stuck on a black screen with a mouse cursor in the middle. I have been researching and reading for a solution but have not found one that works for me. I can't boot into safe mode or even safe mode with command prompt so i cant do any registry fixes which some people suggest. Iv also tried last known good configuration but that didnt work either. ctrl + alt + delete doesn't work either. iv tried doing a clean install and using the windows diagnostics and recovery toolset version 6. but they havnt worked either after the loading files bar the KSOD comes back again, it is like the computer cannot read the discs or it wont boot from them. Please does anyone have any solutions that i may try? Thank you very much for your help in advance.

If your motherboard has integrated graphics, enable them in BIOS. Also check if the gpu is properly positioned. If not, buy a cheap 9400GT and exchange it for the card you currently have to test out the motherboard.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/242767-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi, Im running Win 7 Home Premium

I have the black screen of death.

I restarted, it went to Startup Repair and for the past few hours haven't been doing much except searching for problems and fixing problems.

I tried to cancel it but it would hang, resulting in a forced restart.

I tried loading from the Recovery Disc, but every time I select the OS and to view the recovery options, it goes straightaway to Startup Repair. I would wish to choose System Restore.

Not too sure if this is linked, but the only downloads I did yesterday were the Windows Updates for June.

Anybody can offer some help? I can't get to the login screen. Just Startup Repair and restarts and Startup Repairs.

In the meantime I'm downloading another Repair Disc ISO to try. But i appreciate any help given!

Thanks

Can you boot into safe mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/90878-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 101.05%

I was using my computer this evening when it suddenly started shutting down Realizing that earlier in the day death?) Screen Black (of I was getting prompts that my computer needed to be restarted so that updates would install I realized that must have been what was happening The computer restarted installed the updates then I believe it Black Screen (of death?) restarted again It went to a black screen where it looked like it was loading drivers which I have seen recently after other updates I don t know if it was then or not but I know the computer shut itself off much like what would happen if it were overheating I know overheating was not the case in this instance as I had only Black Screen (of death?) had the computer on for a few minutes When I tried to Black Screen (of death?) restart the computer nothing happens All the lights come on and it sounds as if it s starting up but no windows screen no BIOS nothing so I can t even start in safe mode I am thinking I have a botched update but I don t know what I can do if anything to fix the situation Can anyone provide any help or hope I think my Vista is Home Premium bit The last software install I did was Firefox but that has been over a week ago nbsp

A:Black Screen (of death?)

Hi you might try a start up repair http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Startup-Repair-frequently-asked-questions

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.1005449/
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi, I posted on a already started topic so my apologies if I've repeated.  Mod Edit:  Deleted that post, topic at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567383/computer-help-forum-black-screen-of-death-help/ - Hamluis
I'm having the same problem. I have a Sony Vaio running Windows 7 64 bit and I'm unable to boot up to the normal desk top screen. It just ends up a black screen, with only the mouse curser showing.
I've tried booting in safe mode, no success, I've tried booting from cmd promt which only takes me back to a few days ago to restore, no joy ether. I've read various solutions on how to fix this but again it's a negative! Having been recommended to your site I'm now hoping you can help.
All the Best,
Karl

Can you boot into Safe Mode with Command Prompt?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569452/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 101.05%

Yesterday Death Screen Of Black (HELP!) The I was watching something on my computer I use VLC to watch movies when my Spybot The Black Screen Of Death (HELP!) started acting up It popped up a billion warnings they're not really warnings though more like quot Do you want to allow this application etc etc quot - one of them was quot regedit quot but it contained no information in the details nor did it The Black Screen Of Death (HELP!) say what this was linked to I didn't start up any programs nor did I install anything new in the last few weeks So The Black Screen Of Death (HELP!) I pressed quot no quot as in 'do not allow this application' because I didn't know why I got so many pop ups all of a sudden Then everything slowed down significantly so I decided to restart When I restarted everything seemed fine I finished my work last night and closed the laptop I don't usually shut it down it just goes to sleep when I close it This morning though it was completely frozen I had to restart it manually It got to the log in screen I logged in And after that all I could see was a black screen with the cursor which I could move Task manager wasn't coming up Nothing was working After that I had to go to work Just went back home since I live across the street during lunch to try and fix it I tried going into safe mode but same thing happens Blank screen Task manager doesn't work I tried going back into regular mode Again black screen but this time task manager worked I manually opened explorer exe through task manager I did a system restore Same problem though but this time the black screen stays on for about - minutes and then starts windows normally I noticed in task manager that teatimer exe takes A LOT of CPU though which it never did before I left my laptop on now and it's performing a scan on Spybot so hopefully when I get back it'll find something but I'm just not sure if this is a software or a hardware issue Any idea what this is I have a Sony Vaio with Vista Home on it I never got a Vista CD so I can't really repair anything that way Any help would be greatly appreciated Annie

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-black-screen-of-death-help-374105.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hello On my desktop computer that's running Vista I've been getting a Black Screen of Death meaning when I start my computer it gives me a black screen with just a mouse cursor I can't use control alt delete of Screen Black Death to open task manager I can't do anything Starting Black Screen of Death windows in any of the safe modes gives me the same result I burned a recovery disc and am able to run startup repair but it doesn't find anything wrong my computer I can also run Black Screen of Death command prompt from that menu Here's a pretty detailed account of exactly what happened Hopefully some of it will be of use If not ignore it It started when one of my usb ports stopped working My mouse was plugged in to it so I had to move my mouse to a usb in the back of my computer The mouse still wouldn't work however and since this issue has been resolved in the past with restarting my computer I did just that When my computer started up my mouse worked but I would get a Blue screen of death at log-on It said service system exception I don't remember what else it said because it flashed by so quickly At this time I could still run in safe mode I assumed it was a driver issue as I recently downloaded a update for my graphics driver and it didn't seem to work very well with my system But then I read about this startup repair option using google So I found my recovery disc and run it at startup Here is where I think my problem started Apparently the repair tools were not on that disc and it was only for reinstalling windows I kept pressing next hoping to find the repair option This was really stupid of me as it started installing windows I quickly canceled but it wasn't fast enough because the next time I booted I got the boot manager is missing message at startup So then I burned myself a recovery disc and managed to get to startup repair using that Running that fixed the boot manager is missing at startup but still gave me the blue screen at startup So using safe mode I used system restore Unfortunately I didn't go to the restore point that was updating my graphics drivers but instead the restore point that was a couple days later which was a windows update I thought that if that restore point didn't work I would do the graphics one next Well I got another blue screen after doing the restore but the next time it rebooted it gave me the Black screen So now I can't even do another system restore as safe mode doesn't work any more I have googled the problem but none of the fixes worked so far for me The problem seems to be fairly old so that's why I'm hoping that you guys can give me a new solution

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-of-death-594222.html
Relevancy 101.05%

What's Up,

I was doing some homework on my desktop when all of a sudden the screen went black. I tried holding the power button down to see if that would shut it down but it didn't work. I unplugged it from the wall for 5mins and that didn't work either. The system is only 1 year and 1/2 old. I called and talked with the geek squad and they are wanting to charge me $100 just to look at it. A buddy of mine told me that my video card may need replacing. I have a Gateway GT4010; 1G RAM. Hawaii is very expensive, Help?