Windows Support Forum

Problem in Restricted user!

Q: Problem in Restricted user!

Hi

Iam using windows 7 and windows xp in our domain pc's.We have AUTOCAD 2006 & 2009 in our pc's .It is quiet working good in all the windows xp pc's with restricted user logged in those pc's

But in newly bought pc's with windows 7 retail version professional,I found that AUTOCAD is working only in users with administrator rights logged in those windows 7 pc's.

I cannot give admin rights for those users.Only they have to be in restricted group

Anybody can help me regarding this?Please

Thanks

Swaminathan

Muscat

22-06-2010

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Problem in Restricted user!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Problem in Restricted user!

Did you install Autocad for ALL users?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-in-restricted-user.930739/
Relevancy 59.77%

Happy new year!
I am running win 2k pro. This machine is in cyber cafe. I am trying to restrict the user so they pretty much only surf and do no harm. It uses a belking wirless nic. Everything works fine if I am logged on as the administrator. But when I logged on as the restricted user the belking wireless nic is software is disabled. where do I turn this on so that it will work with the restricted user?

Thanks

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello,
I would like to set up an account (or configure the entire computer) where a user can log in and install whatever he wanted. However when he logs off, the computer should remove all changes (including removing any files downloaded) and bring it back to original form.
I have seen this type of set up typically in public computers and cyber cafes. Is it possible to do it using Win 7 Premium or XP professional?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

A:How to set up restricted User account?

Windows XP had steady state, which did this, however that does not function in Windows 7. This article may be of use: Download details: Creating a Steady State by Using Microsoft Technologies

Quote: Originally Posted by concoran

Hello,
I would like to set up an account (or configure the entire computer) where a user can log in and install whatever he wanted. However when he logs off, the computer should remove all changes (including removing any files downloaded) and bring it back to original form.
I have seen this type of set up typically in public computers and cyber cafes. Is it possible to do it using Win 7 Premium or XP professional?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/154944-how-set-up-restricted-user-account.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am hoping to create as close to a quot Guest Mode quot account as possible On my Win Pro x laptop I have my primary account as an admin it requires a password to access The BIOS is password protected as well I have a laptop tracking software on the machine but it can only send out a signal if it is able to get online so locking the machine down entirely seems like it would be a problem in recovering it I read about quot Guest Mode quot that was available in Win beta's but not in the final release I would like to create a quot Guest Account quot which will require no password to sign on but will also provide the user with do a set user very restricted up I account? How very VERY restricted access I know I can lock down every option by but I'm curious if something like this has been addressed before and there might be a quicker way to do it I appreciate any help

A:How do I set up a very restricted user account?

Windows 7 does have a Guest Account, turned off by default. To enable it go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts\Manage Accounts, Click on guest Acct, and turn on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/193207-how-do-i-set-up-very-restricted-user-account.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm having a problem with the new Flash player outlined here. I have downloaded the hotfix and the uninstaller so that the IT person can run them quickly when he gets around to fixing it, but I have a question about the uninstall process. Will running the uninstaller from the Administrator profile completely wipe out the necessary files in all user profiles? Previously, we granted my account temporary Administrator privileges and installed Flash, so I'm wondering whether it will be necessary to repeat that process and run the uninstaller from both profiles to get rid of it, or whether it will be sufficient to just run it once from the Administrator profile.

A:Restricted User Question

No applications are not installed on a user by user basis. Uninstalling it from the Admin will uninstall it for the entire PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restricted-user-question.461153/
Relevancy 59.34%

Yesterday I set up a different account for my 5 yr old daughter so she can play her games without demolishing anything important. It's on a WinXP SP2 machine.

All was going well until I put in an old Disney flash-based CD-game she likes. The cd tries to copy some file to the windows directory (which she doesn't have rights to do), and the game won't run unless I'm there to login as the admin.

Is there a way to allow her game (or any CD-based game for that matter) to run under her account without someone having to put in the admin pwd all the time?

Relevancy 58.48%

hi, there!
I'm using computers at my school's labs and library.
One thing is I am able to install winrar, winmx, mozilla download manager even the users I use are restricted.
But for most other softwares, it's impossible to install.
I don't know the reason why for that.
First, I thought I couldn't install any softwares at all...

A:why is restricted user still able to install softwares?

What errors does it give you when you try and install one of the ones that don't work?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/why-is-restricted-user-still-able-to-install-softwares-9257.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello

I want to create an user with following properties

- User should not have access to any of the drives
- Only one folder created in drive D should be accessible to this user
- The folder created on D drive should not be more than 1 GB
- The user should not able to install any program

A:Create User with restricted access

Have a read through Permissions - Allow or Deny Users and Groups

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/375922-create-user-restricted-access.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi All,

Whenever I go into a computer lab or an internet cafe, most computers have accounts that are super limited (e.g. can only use IE and maybe office), and often erase all new settings/passwords, etc. upon logout.

Do you guys know how to do this in vista? e.g. create an account so that users can't possibly mess around with settings or leave any lasting damage? OS is home 32bit.

Thanks a bunch!

A:Creating a super restricted user account

I would simply opt to not let them anywhere near my PC....

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/117127-creating-super-restricted-user-account.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi guys,

I need a little help as per title. I have created a user account but its showing the programs i use as admin. I want to create a user account with very limited info, i want the internet completely disabled (without disabling as admin first).

I only want the option to install programs.

Also on a side note, is it possible to run a user account with a different time/date to the admin user?

A:Help me create a limited/restricted user account?

Possible answer here -> User Account Permissions and Restrictions

Basically, you are looking at setting Permissions for the account.

edit: also see -> How to set, view, change, or remove special permissions for files and folders in Windows XP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-me-create-a-limited-restricted-user-account-655396.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have pcs on a LAN workgroup They are mixed win and xp I have set the restricted Win win7 user folder access XP pc shared cannot file sharing net discovery etc on win on and password protection firewall off They all have user accounts like pc pc Win XP pc cannot access win7 user restricted shared folder pc and I have also created the account of the pc I Win XP pc cannot access win7 user restricted shared folder want to access the restricted folder to the pc that shares it I Win XP pc cannot access win7 user restricted shared folder have set the ownerships on win machines too I can access the folders on XP machines from the win successfully When I try to set a user-restricted shared folder to a win pc and access it from XP I fail It says that I do not have sufficient rights to access the folder contact the network admin I can only access to the folder by setting it available to quot everyone quot or quot guest quot read write but that s not what I want - any ideas guys I have tried so many times the last days withou luck Any help would be highly appreciated Thank you all

A:Win XP pc cannot access win7 user restricted shared folder

Quote: Originally Posted by atzounis

I have 10 pcs on a LAN workgroup. They are mixed win7 and xp. I have set the file sharing, net discovery etc on win 7 on and password protection, firewall off. They all have user accounts like pc1, pc2,...pc10 and I have also created the account of the pc I want to access the restricted folder to the pc that shares it. I have set the ownerships on win7 machines too. I can access the folders on XP machines from the win7 successfully. When I try to set a user-restricted shared folder to a win7 pc and access it from XP I fail. It says that I do not have sufficient rights to access the folder, contact the network admin. I can only access to the folder by setting it available to "everyone" or "guest" read/write but that s not what I want... :-( any ideas guys? I have tried so many times the last 5 days withou luck... Any help would be highly appreciated! Thank you all!

You need to make the special User a member of a restricted access group, the link below explains the details of how to set this up.

GUIDE: How to protect directories from childrn and other usrs of a PC

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/256960-win-xp-pc-cannot-access-win7-user-restricted-shared-folder.html
Relevancy 57.19%

iam using domian controller( through Active Directory) with windows 2000 server. iam making user account and making them as restricted user. By doing this they can not install any program/ software, even they can't change system time and also can't view current nad old dates. also they can't defrag and run live update of anti virus programm also can't change and view ip address of the system through network places, etc means they don't have these privilegs...i want to add few of the things like to view and change time and system dates, also they have the authority to defrag and live update of antivurs etc...can any body help me ...how can i do these things in active directory (windows 2000 server) with restricted user accounts.

Thanks

A:Acitve Directory's restricted user accounts privileges.

You can't through AD. Either they have the administrator/power user level access or they don't there is NO feature to grant or remove access on an applicational/plug-in level.

Here is how I go about assigning priveldges

1) Noone gets Admin access for any reason (I am mean that way and my users let me know it but I don't have rampant viruses on my network either I would rather have 2 ticked off people that can't install XXXX than 200 Pc's all down infected with the next big threat).
2) On each PC I deploy I put 1 global group into both Administrators group and Power Users group. (Normal login of user you already get when you log in on a domain structure.
3) The people that need LESS restrictive rights need to be bumped up to power users and then all you do is add the users account to the global group within AD also nice because the minute they no longer need these rights you can just remeove them out of the group.
4) As another solution for specific functions you can run whats called encrypted Runas where you have an encrypted file that has all the login credentials of someone with admin rights and this in turn will run a program with Admin rights. There are a few programs that do this and you may want to search on google to find a few that may be what your looking for.

There are many other ways to do things but I find this format works well for me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acitve-directorys-restricted-user-accounts-privileges.442765/
Relevancy 57.19%

Some of our students have laptops and I have them login to a restricted user account I want to turn off all the power settings so that the computers never go in to sleep mode I created an account with admin settings configured the power settings how I want and then gave the account user rights After restarting and logging in as the restricted user the power settings Power Not Restricted Settings User Taking Effect show up how I adjusted them but they don't take effect If I change the user back to have administrator rights then the settings work how I want For example I tell it to Do Nothing when the lid is closed but it still goes to sleep It's supposed to ask you what Restricted User Power Settings Not Taking Effect to do if you press the power button but it automatically shuts itself down instead The settings aren't adjustable if you are a user so what do I need to do in order for the settings I changed to take effect

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/restricted-user-power-settings-not-taking-effect-343096.html
Relevancy 57.19%

hi,

I work in a school with a CC3 (RM) network basically modified windows xp and 2000, i have joined a standard windows xp machine to the domain and added a user on the domain local admins group, however when this user logs in they can see the c drive and access other usually restricted parts of windows what they can not do is change the screen resolutions or right click on the task bar.

what would cause this to happen? my understanding is that once the user is in the local admin group they should have full access to everything on that laptop and rm will not supplt support because they do not support standard windows.

there is no way to block this kind of use from active directory is there ??

Relevancy 57.19%

Dear All,
How can i give a particular user say "xyz"(standard user) just read-only to access to some files/folders in my machine ?
Reason is my cousin bro will be visiting me soon..so i have created a standard user "xyz" for him..i don't want him to mess up my data. He can copy the files from the desktop to any ext device he plugs in but shud not be able to cut-paste or delete my files.
One more thing guys, is it possible to have the protection on even in safe-mode?

Thanks in advance,
Troy.

A:Need info..Giving restricted access to a standard user

Quote: Originally Posted by onlytanmoy

Dear All,
How can i give a particular user say "xyz"(standard user) just read-only to access to some files/folders in my machine ?
Reason is my cousin bro will be visiting me soon..so i have created a standard user "xyz" for him..i don't want him to mess up my data. He can copy the files from the desktop to any ext device he plugs in but shud not be able to cut-paste or delete my files.
One more thing guys, is it possible to have the protection on even in safe-mode?

Thanks in advance,
Troy.

onlytonmoy

You certainly can restrict his access, but I wonder if you're this concerned why are you giving him access at all. His level of expertise is the issue. If he is a regular user not a geek, hacker, etc you can make all of your files, folders, etc invisible to him. you can change his rights so he cant even read them, but if he is good enough (or curious enough) he will find a way.

So what would you like to do exactly?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/19522-need-info-giving-restricted-access-standard-user.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, I need help:

1. I log into a normal user account.

2. I double click to access a restricted folder.
(Restricted folder means: In administrator account, I made this folder restricted to other users. Right
Click/Properties/Security tab)

3. A message came up:
You don't currently have permission to
access this folder.
Click Continue to permanently get access
to this folder.

4. After I click Continue a message came up:
You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will need to use
the Security tab.
But I want Windows to ask my admin password to access that folder.

I have done this job before, and it worked fine but I forgot how did I do...
Thanks for helping me.

Related topics: UAC, netplwiz, secpol, gpedit, runas

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dc97ca40-b7b3-4afd-b7f9-57b37e811b72/how-to-access-a-restricted-folder-by-using-my-admin-password-in-a-normal-user-account?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I have a kiosk PC that is looking pretty good however I have two outstanding issues. 

The users can still right click on applications on the taskbar and receive a context menu even though I've disabled the context menu in the group policy editor.
User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Start Menu and Taskbar/Remove access to the context menus for the taskbar - Enabled

And I can't figure out how to remove the "show desktop" icon in the systems notification tray.

Thanks in advance for any help
Megan Armstrong.

A:Windows 7 Restricted User - Remove Right click on taskbar icons; Remove show desktop icon

Hello Megan,

Hope you're doing fine.

Disabling context menu from application on the taskbar
Please note the task bar context menu for any application for windows 7 is sub-divided into two sections :

a. Jumplist(to access recently opened files) 
   b. Creating a new instance of the application, Pin/Unpin, Close window

We can only disable the Jump List of the Taskbar context menu but not the "new instance creation, Pin/Unpin, close window"

Please follow the steps below to disable jump list:
1. Right-click on the Taskbar and then select Properties.
2. Click on the Start Menu tab and uncheck "Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar".
3. Click OK.

Disabling Show Desktop from the system tray
Regarding the requirement of disabling the "Show Desktop" button alltogether from the System tray, this is by design.

There are no ways to remove it. All we can do is to disable aero peek at Taskbar properties by right clicking and uncheck the option "Use Aero Peek to preview the desktop".
There's a third party software which addresses this sopecific purpose but I'm not pretty sure if this works perfectly for Windows 7 SP1 as well. Please refer to the link below.

Ref :
http://kishan-bagaria.deviantart.com/art/7-Show-Desktop-Button-Remover-163376704

Thanks,
Nabarun

Regards,
Nabarun Chakraborty | Support Engineer | Microsoft India GTSC

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cbbdceb4-3c0a-4a86-a8be-dcc0b3cbc115/windows-7-restricted-user-remove-right-click-on-taskbar-icons-remove-show-desktop-icon?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 48.59%

i tried updating java. it didn't install. it said that i lacked the privilege on that restricted account.

that account was for my sister. i don't seem to need it on my administrative account.

it never asked me for a password. Advice?

Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/java-installation-problem-on-a-restricted-account.958259/
Relevancy 43%

Hi! I did an new install of windows 7 (home first then upgraded to pro)
I want to hide a user by doing this on the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE \Microsoft \Windows NT \CurrentVersion \Winlogon \SpecialAccounts\ UserList ..then add dword32 by my username value to 0
I did this on my old laptop and it worked perfectly.

Now I've done the same thing on my new laptop. It works but stangely, the folder still appears in c\users.

The user is not visible in the panel control\users or at the start of the PC

I'm sure i've done the right thing, what is causing this? Could it be a bad install of windows? Please let me know if you have a idea!

Thank you very much for your help!

A:Hide user by registry stange problem: User still appears in C folder

If you log into that user it is going to have a user directory, regardless if you have the user hidden or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/339572-hide-user-registry-stange-problem-user-still-appears-c-folder.html
Relevancy 43%

Good evening from Graz,

i have quite a strange problem on my personal pc since the last few days. I cannot login to my useraccount(which has a transparent picture at the logon screen since a few days).
I have just one workarround: if i login with my adminaccount and logoff, the userpicture of my privateaccount appears again and the login is possible.

What could this problem be related to?

greetings
Nico Müller

A:Solved: Windows 7 User Account Problem(Transparent User Picture)

Good morning,

solved it. Disabled the admin account, and removed the pw of my useraccount.
Kind a strange problem indeed, but seems to be solved.

Thanks anyway,
Nico

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-user-account-problem-transparent-user-picture.946560/
Relevancy 43%

My grandmother was recently hacked and she changed all her passwords herself (yay!). However she did not write down her new local user account password for her laptop.

I tried downloading OPHCrack, I burned it as an ISO file and put it on a DVD-R(only thing I had on hand) and i changed the boot order on her BIOS menu to had the DVD drive as the first priority. It does not run....I hear the disk drive moving, or spinning but the program does not run. Are there any other options or do I have to do a complete system restore to bypass this? Also if that is what I have to do how do I do that without being in her control panel?

A:Old Problem New User- Forgot Local User Account Password

Hello there "hater",are you sure you downloaded the right OPHcrack version?It should be the one that is intended to be used on,not the one being used to download and be burned on.Try imgburn,never failed me to create bootable CDs or DVDs.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/40661-old-problem-new-user-forgot-local-user-account-password.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I am using Vista Home Premium Registry - User on Leaks User Problem Accounts -bit and I am having problem logging in using my user account An error flagged quot The User Profile Service service failed the logon User Account Profile cannot be loaded quot The Event Viewer window has these details Windows detected your registry file is still in use by User Registry Leaks - Problem on User Accounts other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your User Registry Leaks - Problem on User Accounts registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Classes Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - CLASSES I was able to logged in through Safe Mode but still an error flagged in status bar that the profile was not properly loaded Although I was able to copy all data from that user account to a new account can I still troubleshoot the problem and be able to log in using the old user account I have all my shortcuts and archives there and quot every customized thing quot Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:User Registry Leaks - Problem on User Accounts

Hi aice and welcome to Vista Forums

Have you checked the information in the following Tutorial?

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/223345-user-registry-leaks-problem-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 42.57%

CANT FIND THE DEL BUTTON,,, 

NOT RIGHT PLACE FOR MY WRIGTING,,,:-)

A:1 account, 2 user names, but only 1 user = Big Registry Problem

What is exactly the meaning of this topic? Is it a queestion or a discussion?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563705/1-account-2-user-names-but-only-1-user-big-registry-problem/
Relevancy 41.71%

Help Please I've been searching this forum and on line all day I cannot find anything close to my problem or any instructions to help me fix it I have two user accounts on my computer Both have Administrator privileges however recently certain functions and capabilities have disappeared from these User Logons I think they have somehow become corrupt so I thought I would create a new user and Profile/ User Creation User Problem copy over the files minus the Ntuser dat Ntuser dat log and Ntuser ini HOWEVER when I open the Control Panel User Accounts and click Add or Remove User Account User Profile/ User Creation Problem - I get nothing No window opens I have even activated the built in Administrator Account through the elevated command prompt but was unable to rename as per the tutorial on here and it doesn't work either I think not being able to rename the Administrator account has something to do with me not having true administrator privileges When I tried to save the rename program into the Windows system folder I got a you must have administrative rights to do this pop up so I clicked to activate but it never placed the file in the system folder Other things discovered while working on this - I cannot see find from the start prompt local security policies - Manage Computer does not show Users amp Groups I can boot into safe mode and use the Toshiba Restore option which will bring it back to out of the box condition - but I believe I would have to reinstall all my programs - not something I want to do -- so this is a worst case Armageddon scenario Any idea on how to fix these profiles and or what could be wrong with Windows running Home Premium bit Sandy

A:User Profile/ User Creation Problem

Other things discovered while working on this:
- I cannot see/find (from the start prompt) "local security policies" 
- "Manage Computer" does not show "Users & Groups".

These are only available in the Pro version of Windows 7.

You should not need to rename the hidden Administrator group. When logging into the Hidden Administrator Account you activated, you cannot create a new user in Control Panel?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562590/user-profile-user-creation-problem/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi I m having a problem with my PC I m running Windows XP PRO SP Some of the symptoms I m having are longer than normal login times when logging into an XP account while if I try to launch certain programs such as my avast antivirus software it will hang Another problem is that the launching of installers fails on some programs such as HijackThis and will give Restricted PC a windows installer error The error usally say that the file will fail to install if I m in safemode or there is an error with windows installer Please help Edit Another symptom is with the task bar it will not show Restricted PC active windows or programs even the task manager Overall the Restricted PC system is running far slower than it has ever run Restricted PC I took a look in device manager when I tried to create a screen cap of it in paint the I got a error message that says quot The RPC server is unavailable quot Ran

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/317170/restricted-pc/
Relevancy 38.27%

I am running Windows XP SP on a GHz P MB RAM IBM ThinkPad Since yesterday whenever I am trying to access my CD cum DVD ROM drive I am getting an error saying quot RESTRICTIONS This operation has been Restricted !!! ROM CD cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Please contact your system administrator quot I did not install or uninstall any software Also I ran a CD ROM Restricted !!! virus scan with no detections though I can t update my Norton Antivirus as it is awaiting renewal All I can think of right now that yesterday I was burning a re-writable CD with sonic burner RecordNow CD ROM Restricted !!! after which I had a cyclic redundancy error on the CD After that I took the CD out of the tray and when I put it in again this restriction error was generated for the first time but I could access the CD Drive through command prompt I tried running other CDs but everytime I end up with the same error What should I do now nbsp

A:CD ROM Restricted !!!

And here is the HijackThis log file

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:48:13 PM, on 11/14/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ibmpmsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCWLICON.EXE
C:\Program Files\IBM\IBM Rapid Restore Ultra\rrpcsb.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpShocks.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Rainlendar\Rainlendar.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\TPHDEXLG.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpKmpSVC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\vssvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ipmsg.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YPager.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\FreshDevices\FreshDownload\fd.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\STUDENT\LOCALS~1\Temp\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AUpdate.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = This service is provided by Roy Network
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 10.250.0.109:80
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: UberButton Class - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: YahooTaggedBM Class - {65D886A2-7CA7-479B-BB95-14D1EFB7946A} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\YIeTagBm.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QCWLICON] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCWLICON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PWRMGRTR] rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\PWRMGRTR.DLL,PwrMgrBkGndMonitor
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TpShocks] TpShocks.exe
O4 - Startup: Rainlendar.lnk = C:\Program Files\Rainlendar\Rainlendar.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\progr... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-restricted.416641/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hopefully this is the right place Restricted Possible NAT? to post this if not sorry Possible Restricted NAT? Anyways before i go on to describe my problem let me provide my current network setup I have a Mbps DSL internet service with Possible Restricted NAT? Century Link they ve had me on a Series DSL Model since i believe this is the standard model no idea if they have others though which i have connected to a Netgear WPN N Wireless Router a D-Link Wired Router before that From the router i have my main Desktop PC Laptop Nintendo Wii Xbox and PS connected online although not all together at the same time Now my problem is that i have trouble connecting online with other players when i play online or host games on the PS Xbox or PC The PS shows that i have a Type Connection Type is recommended and the Xbox shows that i have a perfectly normal connection with which i should be able to play online with no trouble whatsoever yet i still have problems I ve tried many things static IP port forwarding dmz i ve also gone through several modems and routers same thing nothing seems to help I simply can t connect to certain players regardless of whether he she is the person hosting the game server or not matchmaking also takes considerably longer for me to the point where i believe there are simply no players playing the game in question yet people i ask and friends say otherwise I m at a lose and have no idea where to turn to for help here nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-restricted-nat.984509/
Relevancy 38.27%

I run windows 7 premium 64 and all of the sudden I stated to get this popup after windows loads that says
"C:\User\Lori-Bee\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost"
How can I fix this?...I tried check disk running CCleaner ....No difference

A:C:\User\User -User\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost

Hi there ... Read the Link below and follow the Instructions ..
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- Error 182418Log.iniis lost

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325334-c-user-user-user-appdata-local-temp-032150log-iniis-lost.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Recently when i plug in my ipod or use the Cd drive, a message appears (D: is not accessible. Access is denied) Also, when i turn on my computer, a message appears saying that the administrator has blocked access to the cd drive. I am the administrator of my computer, and I want access to my cd drive, of course. Can anyone help me out?

A:CD Drive Restricted

Checkout: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=172520

And good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-drive-restricted.471149/
Relevancy 37.84%

actually i have taken a net data card which is limited for 2 gb only so what i wish is to have some sort of freeware program or some setting in the firewall setting so that when i use the data card then only net can be used by only firefox and rest of the programs and updates cannot use the internet...... i have another option that i can connect to the lan network during 6pm to 6 am... at that time i want all the programs work and all the updates and other thing work.....
but when i am using data card then i only want that only one application ie firefox is allowed to use the network and rest all other program is blocked

it is to inform that i am using the avg internet security and my verson of window is win 7 home premium

A:for restricted use of internet

Use this to do so.
NoNet - Prevent a Windows application from accessing Winsock functions

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/230700-restricted-use-internet.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I have a restricted site that I want to take off the restiricted list but I cant get it off First its not on the list but at the bottom of the page its said its restricted PLEASE SOME HELP I dont know how it got put on I didnt put it on the restricted list

Thank you

A:Restricted Sites

when you go into the restricted sites in your internet explorer its not in the list, is what you're saying?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restricted-sites.778605/
Relevancy 37.84%

I tried removing restricted sites in Security , click remove and OK, and when I check again they are back.
How can I permently remove these sites

A:Restricted sites

Do you have either Spybot or SpywareBlaster installed? That could be why those sites keep getting back in there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restricted-sites.454058/
Relevancy 37.84%

Recently I moved into a temporary house which I rent from an old lady She has a connection wired into her house but in my house which is on the same yard there isnt one So she gave me permission to use her s since she got it up wireless The problem connection restricted is is that after I connect I get quot restricted access quot Which means no access at all apparently When I try to quot repair quot It gets stuck up on quot refreshing IP quot Usually when this happends I can just do ipconfig renew in cmd and it ll work But I can t even use that command now And I don t remember what error I got I m afraid And quot ipconfig quot returns Medium condition Medium not connected But the lady claims she can use it while I get this msg so I don t know what it could be This is all the information I have at the moment I most likely wont be able to respond to any posts today either but I ll be back tomarrow Thanks and please exscuse my bad english nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

Only posting on the off-chance that there is something that can be done....

I have been sent a pdf file on a CD. It's a user manual type thing and is 50 pages long. The document has had print restrictions put on it.

Is there any way to remove this so I can print the document? I don't want to print it to distribute it or anything, I would just like a paper copy so I can read it at my leisure, rather than having to spend lots of time staring at a screen to read the 50 pages!

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Relevancy 37.84%

We had restricted some sites with IE6. Now we want to remove the restrictions. The sites are not listed in the IE7 restricted zone. I could just unload IE7 and then take off the restrictions and then reload IE7, but that's a lot of work to do for 30+ machines. I have looked in the zones reg keys and could not find where the sites were named. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 37.84%

ok i need someone to talk to about being able to get past restricted sites. cant get on facebook, youtube, or myspace. help please

A:restricted sites

How did those sites become "restricted"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/restricted-sites-488468.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Dumb ? though,but here it is How do I unblock something from a restricted site.

Relevancy 37.84%

Hi! I want to remove sites that are in my restricted section of security section of the internet opitions. I keep hitting remove, but he always come back. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restricted-sites.282668/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi,
I find I cannot access some sites .Some are to do with medical subjects. They are labled as Restricted sites, Probably something to do with security.
Has any one a solution how to workaround this .
Thank you.

A:Restricted Site

Often medical sites with research info on them are available only by subscription or log-in (which requires validation of medical qualification).

Is this the problem you face, or is it a Windows error that you get?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restricted-site.608885/
Relevancy 37.84%

My daughter likes to use Myspace.

www.myspace.con

For some reason it's on my restriced sites.

I go to the tools menus-internet options-security and remove it from restricted sites and it pops back up and won't let my daughter log in or start a new account at the site.

I added it to the Trusted sites but no success in logging in.
Can someone lend me some help on this issue or shed some light on why it keeps popping up on my restricted sites even when I remove it. Thank You.

A:Help please,restricted sites.

Well, myspace is owned by Intermix who is a well known Spyware Company who was actually sued by the new York Attorney General. Here is an Article about it all.

I do not recommend removing i from restricted sites. Putting it in "Trusted Sites" is the WORST thing you can do right now!

If your daughter wants a blog, she should try "Blogger" by Google. Blogger Site

If you still want to use myspace, I recommend finding out which program is blocking it and change the blocking setting, however there many alternatives, such as Blogger, to myspace.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-please-restricted-sites-64632.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi,

A while ago I blocked a site on Internet Explorer but now wish to unblock it. I have tried going on Internet options and then searching through the list of restricted sites but cannot find the site yet it is clearly in the restricted zone as an icon comes up with I go on it.

Would really appreciate help!

Thanks - Emma

Relevancy 37.84%

I have a zipped file from a trusted source. The file within is needed to make a registry change in order to get one of the aircraft in my Flight Simulator to run correctly. The file comes from the author of the software. My problem is that when I attempt to unzip the file, the file is deleted with the comment referring to the file and Restricted Zone. The name of the file is 757fix.reg. Any idea how I can get this file to work? It would seem I need to disable Restricted Zone. BTW, I am the Administrator and have turned off UAC to no avail. Thank you.

A:Restricted Zone - need help.

Are you using IE? Go to tools- Internet options in IE8 or Gear symbol- Internet options in IE9. Click on the security tab, then click on restricted sites (red circle with cross bar), then click on Sites. Check whether theres any entry there. If there is, try removing that.

Internet Explorer Security Zones - Add or Remove Sites

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/155982-restricted-zone-need-help.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I bought a pc from my friend but he didn't remove his files before reloading XP, now i am unable to remove so many things that are taking up space. Is there a free and relatively easy way to access and remove them?

A:restricted folders

you might like to have a look here, http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/, hope it helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/restricted-folders-251707.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I believe my computer has a malware. Opening an MS Office application will have the words Restricted by Brother Act shown after the file name. Please help.

A:What is Restricted by Brother Act

Hi and welcome to TSG,

Click here to download HJTsetup.exe.

Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-restricted-by-brother-act.672028/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have recently had a virus on my home computer. It was a spyware that turned the backround to a blue backround with a box saying the computer is infected. I ran malwarebytes anti-maleware, spybot search & destroy, and trend micro internet security on all the profiles on the computer in safe mode and again in normal mode. Everything was working fine right after i ran the scans but then a day or two later I discoverd something was restricting sites such as facebook and myspace. I ran the scans again and they come up with nothing.

Any suggusetions on what to try next?

P.S: When i try to run the trend micro internet security full scan it stops at 89% and stops. It finds something in the system volume but it won't go any further. Any ideas what it might be or how to fix it?

A:restricted site

I've suggested that this post be moved to AII .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/244588/restricted-site/
Relevancy 37.84%

My CTRL + link is restricted, how can I reactivate it? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restricted-function.829462/
Relevancy 37.84%

Where on this XP Home will I find the file that contains the info, specifically all those addies I put on the list, in the event I actually restrict some sites?

Relevancy 37.84%

hi
recently got rid of virus antivirus software but my laptop isn't allowing me to access utube and games forum but all other website and everything else works fine.
when i try to go to utube it say RESTRICTED site i try to change secuity level down, but nothing changes.
thanks.

A:website restricted

You have a similar topic here:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1346003Someone responded, but you never answered back

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/243219/website-restricted/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi there For some time now I've been having problems downloading certain types of files from the net I can download zip files jpeg files and pdf files I can also download updates for utilities like AdAware Spybot Spyware Blaster McAfee AV and Windows I am unable to download exe files and mp files I have already posted on the Hijack This forum and my computer is squeeky clean I have also eliminated McAfee AV and Firewall as a possible source of the problem When they are Downloads Restricted disabled the problem still persists When downloading I target the files to a specific folder on my desktop When the download completes I find no sign of the file in the folder When I do a search of my hard-drive there is no sign of Restricted Downloads the file Strangely when I run Registry Mechanic one of the tracks it will show in the results is that of the download showing the complete path to the folder I selected I would appreciate any thoughts and advice you may have regarding a solution Thanks Deep Blue

A:Restricted Downloads

This does sound kinda suspicious towards your anti-virus and/or firewall. I know you said you disabled them and the problem persisted but even when disabled, some security programs can still have an effect on the system.

How did you disable the software....via MSCONFIG or through the programs interface?

If you have your install CD and serial number, it may be an idea trying to uninstall the software then rebooting and trying again.

Also, have you checked in the Recycle Bin for the files after they have finished downloading?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/restricted-downloads-102592.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I have a strange problem. After working with the computer (Xp pro) I realised some functiones are disabled. For example rigt click menu items are dicreased, in IE explorer right click does not open for copy and need to use top edit pull down menu for using copy, and so on... .When This happens I have to close few programs to get this menus to work. Sometimes Adone acrobat does not open untill I close a few open windows or programs. Keep closing windows this way after some time gets worth and have to restart computer to access full functionality of XP. Any advice what might be the problem?

A:restricted functionality of XP

Have you ran any scans to see if you have any infections, if not please click on this link http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php and download the free version to somewhere you remember, after downloading, right click the .exe and rename it to something like rabbit.exe or a name you will remember, then run it so it installs and let it update automatically then run it, if it finds any infections delete as appropriate then reboot to enable full clearance of infections !Good Luck !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/282752/restricted-functionality-of-xp/
Relevancy 37.84%

Ok,Im using XP Home and I have had to re-instal my computer several times.Each time it left the old documents.And there using up so much dick space.Problem is there ristrected and Im guessing because theres a password on them.but it wont let me type in a pass,just a info screne saying Im not allowed to access.Is there anyway to bypass the restriction and delet the folder.

A:Restricted File

Right click the folder, and select Properties.Make sure it's not set to Read-only.If it is, uncheck it, click Apply, and click OK.Now try to delete it.If that doesn't work, there are a couple of programs, you can try:EraserUnlockerDelete DoctorThere's also this Microsoft Knowledge Base Article that might be helpful:How To Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52553/restricted-file/
Relevancy 37.84%

This one has me pulling out my hair Client brought in a PC with Vista They had installed Office Beta Click-to-Run and couldn't uninstall it or install the full version which they later purchased They also suspected a virus - The have user accounts children- with Parental Controls enabled System is a Compaq SR WM with Vista SP I did a full AV workthrough with ADWcleaner JRT Rkill MBAM even Combofix They had MSE installed but at first it wouldn't complete an update Finally got an update and did a Full scan overnight with no issues MBAM did find a Trojan Downloader but it had been on the system since This is where I'm Behavior! Restricted getting frustrated The time date was set to I don't know yet if the CMOS battery is bad but I can't change the time OR date When I select Change Time Date from Restricted Behavior! the clock window the cursor blinks but thats all I managed to change the time date in BIOS The resolution is set to x and all windows take up the whole screen I hit Personalize Restricted Behavior! then Display Settings and the cursor just blinks the Display menu doesn't load There were a ton of programs running at Startup so I entered msconfig in the Run box I get a UAC click Ok and MSCONFIG never loads I had to use AutoRuns Restricted Behavior! to make the necessary changes I tried opening Task Manager to stop the processes from running as the system seemed slow only Gb RAM I opened Task Manager right clicked on the processes selected End Process tried every alternative too and the cursor blinks but doesn't end or close the program process When opening Notepad if you type anything in the text box the program won't let you close unless you save the file first I don't use Vista- is this normal behavior I had to delete the text in order to close the program This Vista OS seems to be possessed Happy Halloween I keep thinking it might be the Parental Controls but I'm using the Admin parent's account I've run SFC twice and it found corruption in the system files I've considered doing a Repair install but the Compaq Recovery Manager has a Factory Reinstall only option and I know that if I use a Vista disc it will disable access to the Recovery drive What is causing all this

A:Restricted Behavior!

Replacing the CMOS batter seems like a good place to start.  IME, failing CMOS batteries produce unexpected effects in Windows, most of which relate to hardware components and their proper functioning.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512481/restricted-behavior/
Relevancy 37.84%

My computer is infected with some virus that restricts access to basically everything (regedit/msconfig/most of control panel/every .exe file), except for Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer.

I'm running Windows XP, I have tried to run windows in safe-mode (through the f8 method) to see if I could gain access, but the computer would just reboot and say it failed to restart in safe-mode. I don't get any redirections while using internet explorer.

I have ran out of ideas of what to do and any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Restricted Access

Hello can you run this scan from normal mode?Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes, they may alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please permit the program to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174646/restricted-access/
Relevancy 37.84%

I can browse but many other functions seem not to be working.

I cannot activate or update windows, all security certificates read as invalid, can't upload attachments to either here or rapidshare, "windows smartscreen can't be reached right now" for everything, the add-on manager for firefox thinks I'm offline, etc. Audible.com is completely unusable for me. I tried to install Zune & was told I needed to install .NET framework 3.5 but every time I've tried - whether it's the bootstrap or the full version I should be able to install even when offline - I get "windows couldn't connect to the internet to download the necessary files."

W8.zip

Ha! Nevermind. It was my clock. I'd set it in bios but it seems it hadn't taken the year.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/5599-restricted-networking.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello I used to be able to but can no longer access www vistaprint com When I try I Site Restricted get the quot Internet Explorer Cannot Display the Webpage quot and the little internet earth on the bottom of the screen changes to a red circle and slash and says quot restricted site quot This happens on both IE and firefox and both on my hardwired to the modem computer and wireless one The first thing I tried was to go into the security section of IE restricted sites and much to my surprise Vistaprint was there However I removed it but still can't access and tried the following I tried ATF cleaner to no avail have replaced my router and did a ping Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings HP Administrator gt ping www vistaprint com Pinging Restricted Site www vistaprint com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Vistaprint hosts my website and although I can get to my site www franchiseinspectors com I can't get to the quot dash board quot to make any changes see statistics etc I don't know if it's related but some time ago way before this they had some sort of problem with their security certificate but got it resolved Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:Restricted Site

Check your hosts file. C\Windows\system32\etc\hosts (hidden I believe)

If still having problems, click Start, Run, enter regedit, then click Edit and then Find and enter vistaprint.com.

If you find a registry entry for that, delete it, then press F3 key to search further.

Once done exit. Reboot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/restricted-site-454123.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello Everyone,
I have a hopefully a simple problem. I am a member of several game sites, one in question IWON. I was on it all night last night, and i try to get on it now, and it tell me restricted site. Not sure what has happened just today. But anyway, what do i need to do to stop the restrited site business? I just want to play my games!! lol. thanks in advance for the support. Dale

A:Restricted Sites

In Internet Explorer go to Tools > Internet Options > click the Security tab. Highlight Restricted Sites and then click the button that says Sites....

Find the site that you want unrestricted, highlight it and select Remove then click Ok and try again. Let us know how that goes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/restricted-sites-255332.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello I remove spyware from a couple PCs a week on average I have one right now that is really bugging me kinda confused I've cleaned this PC up pretty well over the past couple days The only remaining symptoms are Windows Functionaility Computer Management and search aren't working -- they both complain that a file is missing but are not specific I've assumed this is not spyware related but wanted to mention it Internet Explorer cannot load www windowsupdate com -- it comes up blank no errors The main thing that tells me there is something still running is that when I go to Restricted keep sites returning IE into Restricted Sites there are about listed in there I remove them and they are back as soon as I go IE Restricted sites keep returning back into the restricted sites list a few are coolwwwsearch google searches on the sites don't turn much up at all I ashamed to admit I've spent hours on this computer already Ran AdAware Spybot MS Antispyware Spysweeper Hijackthis LSP-Fix housecall AVG trend micro and many others I've booted using ERD Commander and deleted things in the usual areas that looked suspicious and looked up everyone I was unsure of Any ideas It sure is a new one for me Thanks Paul

A:IE Restricted sites keep returning

Please post a Hijackthis log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ie-restricted-sites-keep-returning-65543.html
Relevancy 37.41%

To Whom Ever Can Help With This,

I recently found that you can find HKey files, that's nice. Now how do you
find all the other restricted files. This is for maintenance and knowledge purposes. HKCU and HKLM files for instance. Also how about the infamous
"Local Settings" on C:\\Documents and Settings\d\Local Settings\etc. "Local Settings is never found on the run program browse lookup. Where is "Local Settings"? And what ever complete list of restricted files you might
have and how to access them would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Johnz414
Windows XP SP 2

A:Accessing Restricted Files.

There hidden for saftey. If you dont know what your doing you could "kill" your pc...Hijackthis I think has access to some of those files but only if it finds the bad ones there.When you do a search you can go below before you start and hit "advanced search options.Here look at my screenshot:Im sorry if I misunderstood you. Hope I got it right.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/6947/accessing-restricted-files/
Relevancy 37.41%

In IE Options/Restricted Sites I have entered:
*.doubleclick.com
*.doubleclick.net
*.fastclick.com
*.fastclick.net
*.mediaplex.com
*.mediaplex.net
http://www.wsn.com

Since, I did not make these entrys, can somone tell me if they are safe to keep?
Also, does anyone have others I can enter?

Home Xp SP2

Relevancy 37.41%

We use Teamviewer in a Windows 7 32 and 64bit env. Our machines are locked down so whenever we need to do something Windows 7 will prompt for username and password. Teamview freezes the session when that happens and doesnt allow for info to be put in until that window is closed by the user. How can you get around this? It also does not show the window waiting for a username and password to be entered only the user see's it not me.

A:Teamviewer 7 and Windows 7 Restricted PC

The Teamviewer client has to be running with administrative power.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/210517-teamviewer-7-windows-7-restricted-pc.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Not sure if I'm allowed to post the actual site name, but when I try to access a particular website, it recently started to show up as a restricted site and I have no idea why. It's actually a "sub-website", but I'm actually able to get to the "main website" without a problem.

Does any of that make sense? If not, let me know what I can do to make it clearer for you. Thanks!

A:One of my favorite websites is now restricted?

do you have other users on your computer and post the website please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/one-of-my-favorite-websites-is-now-restricted-143930.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Whenever any user attempts to access control panel or change any settings, the message "This action has been cancelled due to restricions in place on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." appears.
Also, when a user logs in, it shows the message "Cannot find C:\Windows\System32\Printer.exe"
I am considering backing up my files and reinstalling windows, but that is just a last resort
Any help?

A:Restricted From Control Panel

From your other thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by j450n

i would follow those steps, but if u read the other part of my comment, u would kno i cant get into control panel

Right, but if you read the instructions in the thread you were linked to by Terrister,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

you'd see that we take that into account, and ask that if you have troubles with any of the steps, to move on to the next step, and make note of it in your reply.

If you still require assistance

Please do this:

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.Close all applications and windows.
Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt <-this one will be minimized
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt here.
Please attach extra.txt to your post.
To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt

Click Upload.

What DSS will do: create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, and Internet Cache Files, and also empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
check some important areas of your system and produce a report for your analyst to review. DSS automatically runs HijackThis for you, but it will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have HijackThis installed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/restricted-from-control-panel-250902.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Today my brother managed to get a virus/spyware onto a computer. Whenenver I use a browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE), a popup appears and tells me access is restricted.

I've tried clearing out history, cookies, etc.
Malwarebyetes quickscan
Resetting Internet Options

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit,
Avast Free AntiVirus

Nothing worked, please help!

A:Access Restricted on Browsers

Hello,
Please download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.Link 1Link 2Link 3Link 4
Before we begin, you should disable any anti-malware software you have installed so it does not interfere with RKill running. This is because some anti-malware software mistakenly detects RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how to disable your security software.
Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply
Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 2.3.2.2 of the tool.
Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it.
To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.
Click the Start Scan button.
Do not use the computer during the scan
If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.
If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).
Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.
Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Search.
A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished.
Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[R1].txt as well.

~BladeIn your next reply, please include the following:TDSSKiller log
AdwCleaner log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489592/access-restricted-on-browsers/
Relevancy 37.41%

I'm having some problems with photoshop. When ever I make a new psd file I am unable to use the "save for web and devices" function as well as many other filters and utilities within the program.

The thing is, if I open a psd from a couple weeks ago everything works fine. Functionality is only restricted when I make a new file. What I have been doing in the mean time is flattening the image in the new psd and copying the image to the old psd so I can optimize it for the web.

Can anyone help me out?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/photoshop-cs3-restricted-functionality.675486/
Relevancy 37.41%

I just set up a restricted account for my granddaughter. I can't figure out how to get the My Computer and My Documents icons on her acct. And I can't figure out how to get some of the programs I have on my account on to her account, such as Yankee Clipper and PrintKey Pro. Can you help me know how to do this?

I also wonder if there is something I can to to speed up "in house" programs such as MS Works; after I boot up, it seems to take a long time for me to open Works, as well as to open the home page of Hotmail and Outlook Express, and for that matter the XP search program.

Thanks for any tips. grandpaw7

Relevancy 37.41%

Hi Long time new problem
I am currently living in a house share with 8 other people with one connection point and one wireless router, now if I try to download things or play on my games consoles (Xbox, PS3) it says my connection is restricted and my NAT settings need to be open. Now if I reset my router by unplugging it and leaving it for a minute or two then plug back in it seems to solve this problem for a day or two but soon its back to same old. Just wondering if I can permanently keep these settings on?
Thanks
V

A:Solved: Restricted Connection

You will need to do port forwarding for those specific consoles or simply add your PS3/XBOX and computer in the DMZ or NAT passthrough.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-restricted-connection.981199/
Relevancy 37.41%

My control panel disappeared and when I log in as Administrator in Restricted By Computer Virus Safe Mode I still get restrictions can't double-click anything in Control Panel HijackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Computer Restricted By Virus Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system ycqeaalq exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - HKLM Run RaidTool C Program Files VIA RAID raid tool exe O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run qfmtcrof rundll exe quot C Program Files qfmtcrof exohkvoh dll quot Init O - HKLM Run adobytgv regsvr u quot C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data adobytgv dll quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run d b rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system fwcvrrkg dll quot b O - HKLM Run tynuvavk rundll exe quot C Program Files tynuvavk hynehktm dll quot Init O - HKLM Run ehivazyx regsvr u quot C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data ehivazyx dll quot O - HKLM Run upslkdef regsvr u quot C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data upslkdef dll quot O - HKCU Run DDC C WINDOWS system ycqeaalq exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Service Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft AB - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc - C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe O - Service ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system ati sgag exe O - Service DomainService - - C WINDOWS system ycqeaalq exe O - Service PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe O - Service Viewpoint Manager Service - Unknown owner - C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe file missing -- End of file - bytes Can someone help me

A:Computer Restricted By Virus

Hi,I understand that you need help in order to get rid of the malware that is present on your system - But you need to help us first..I notice that you never scanned with an Antivirus previously before starting this thread - because you don't even have an Antivirus installed!This is somewhat suicidal in today's digital world.That's why I want you to install one first!!* Please install Avira Antivirus: http://www.free-av.com/This is a free Antivirus.Perform a full scan with Avira and let it delete everything it is finding.Then reboot.After reboot, open your Avira and select "reports".There doubleclick the report from the Full scan you have done. Click the "Report File" button and copy and paste this report in your next reply together with a new HijackThislog.Then we'll start from there, because it really makes no sense otherwise that we clean this up manually if an Antivirusscan is not present which should be able to deal with most and prevent further reinfection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/120889/computer-restricted-by-virus/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello,
I want to make Windows XP Pro SP2 accessible only at specific hours, for example only between 10:00h - 12:00h every day, and the rest of the day the workstation to be inaccesible (unable to login, or unable to boot, or whatever, no matter). I checked out Local Security Policy, but as far as I've understand, the related settings there are about networking only. Anyone here knows such a restrictive software, or the specific settings in Windows' own security policy, if any, or a registry tweak, or whatever?

Relevancy 37.41%

@%SystemRoot%\system32\wudfsvc.dll,-1000: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted (autostart)

what is this? can I delete this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-network-restricted-not-me-491932.html
Relevancy 37.41%

hi all

as you can see in my title is wha has happened.

more details:
Windows XP
No other uses or admins
Spelling is correct.
no passwords

what can i do? (i also cant find my xp disc to rebot computer or serial key to re-enter to have genuine windows)

can i download anything??
any sites to help?

yer other wise any help be greatful

A:Administrator account been restricted :S

Buy windows again?

It's against forum rules to give out such information or even ask about it, I'm afraid.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/administrator-account-been-restricted-s.818514/
Relevancy 37.41%

With XP the period you could step back seemed more generous than with Win7. AFAICS now you can go back no more than about ten days, even when using show more dates.

Am I missing something: is there a tweak to extend the step back further, say a month?

A:Sys Res to previous dates restricted

I believe it depends on how much space is allocated for System Restore.

Control Panel, System
Click on System Protection at left
Select your drive/partition then click on Configure
Move the slider to change the amount os space allocated.

I have mine set to 4.3Gb and I get 11-12 restore points.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/138248-sys-res-previous-dates-restricted.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi, I am new to these forums, and first would like to say this is a really nice website.

Have a question.
My cousin doesn't want her son using IE/FF because of the lack of parental web filters and other controls.
Is there a way to disassociate all webpages from IE and associate them with the AOL browser?
OR, is there a way to customize Trend-micro PC-cillin internet security (2007) to work per user account? ( so that its web filters can be controlled per user, not per computer)

She has XP Home w/Sp2

Also, is there a way to disable the following?
display properties>>desktop>>customize desktop (disable the actual button for that account)

A:Disabling Ie On Restricted Account

I don't have the entire answer, but I do have part of an answer.The first thing is to make sure the son has a Limited User Account.IE itself has parental control filters that can be set and password protected; however, the settings are for the computer as a whole and not account specific. Note, however, that if the person who set the filters is on, he/she can disable the filters while working on the computer and then re-enable them when finished. These filters are located under Internet Options --> Content tab in the section Content Advisor.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/107320/disabling-ie-on-restricted-account/
Relevancy 37.41%

Well I'm not sure if this should be in a different forum but I'll put it here anyway I have vista installed on my computer It was working perfectly with my network for a access? network Restricted while and then almost everything sort of stopped working I was able to access all the computers on my network download things without worrying about it not getting through That all changed about a week ago Now that I think about it it might not be just this vista computer I also have moderate firewall restrictions on my xbox I have gone into the router settings and changed them to what I think are the correct settings to allow almost anything through to my computer Anyway at the least I want to be able to access different computers on my LAN network at home They can all access Restricted network access? my shared folder but i don't even see them on my list of network devices Any body's help and support would be greatly appreciated Here are some info specs if needed Router WRT G v Router firmware DD-WRT Networked computer's OS Vista XP's Vista computer is problem Restricted network access? Vista Comp Anti virus Avast Window's defender disabled Vista firewall Darkfox

A:Restricted network access?

Hi Darkfox

First of all, I'd recommend having the firewall in your Linksys router on to at least it's default levels (unless you are running a game-server, in which case you'd set up port-forwarding for the games). Also turn the Vista firewall back on -- it's not likely to block traffic through your lan. You'll want to scan with your antimalware programs to make sure nothing has slipped in and disrupted your system files while your guard was down.

Then:
As your quickest, easiest, cure -- why not try using Vista's System Restore? It has a decent chance of restoring the settings that worked previously (that obviously got tweaked somehow). Use a restore point from before the trouble started. Navigate to System Restore in your Start Menus ---> Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore. For more details on the System Restore utility & it's options, click on the Help & Support item on your Vista Start Menu: there's a link on the main help page called Turn Back Time with System Restore.

Alternately, since your other PCs can see & share with you - but you can't see them - go into the Network item in your Vista Start Menus, and then to the Network & Sharing Center ---> and make sure that Network Discovery in enabled (along with any other options you prefer as well).

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/restricted-network-access-192651.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I'm attempting to install a printer on my computer but I get a messeage that I do not have sufficient rights and should contact my SysAdmin or log on as administrator. I get that message when I'm already logged in as administrator with supposedly full access. What else might be restricting my access? I've installed printers on this system before without any problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restricted-access-rights.920084/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hey!

This might be a stupid question, but I still have to ask. Would be great if anyone could help.

I've created a folder that i want to audit, but having some trouble getting it right. I've 3 main users of this folder. I've also granted different permissions for this folder. I've just gone to properties on the folder, chosen auditing and chosen all succesfull and unsucessfull. What am I doing wrong here.

Vikinguhr

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/266196-restricted-access-folder.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I m new very new this is my folder restricted network is in first try to networking All I m folder is restricted in network trying to do is network a desktop and a laptop togethor I ve run the Windows XP Network Setup Wizards on both computers The quot shared docs quot folders show up on both computers But I also need a Peachtree Accounting folder to appear on the desktop computer folder is restricted in network it s installed on the laptop And obviously the one folder I want Windows to network is the one folder it does not share I need to know what to do to get the program to run simultaneously on both computers while only being installed on the laptop On my desktop computer the quot Peachtree quot folder appears under the quot my network places quot but when i try to open it i get an error message saying quot access folder is restricted in network not allowed quot or quot restricted folder quot but there is no password on either computers Before the error msg was happening i could open the folder but there was no icon to click on to run the program Peachtree Accounting I really don t have any clue as to why the desktop computer dosen t want to see the Peachtree folder Maybe you guys and girls would shed some light on it nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

I've just opened a restricted account for my granddaughter on my XP computer. But I can't figure out how to get some of the programs I have in my account to open in her account, among others, PrintKeyPro and Yankee Clipper. One reason for wanting Yankee Clipper there is that I have saved the URLs for a number of children's games on Yankee Clipper and I want to go to the URLs in her account.

I would also like to have My Computer and My Documents on her desktop just as they are on mine.

I keep getting told that I need to be using my what do they call it?, my owner's account. But I don't know how I can use that account. But I don't know how to use that account in her account.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. grandpaw

A:Getting Programs On Restricted Xp Account

You'll have to copy the information from your account to her account - and you'll have to be in your account to do it (since hers is limited, and presuming that yours has administrative privileges).

Be careful and only copy a few things at a time - if you accidentally move the wrong thing you might have problems with one or the other account. So, move a little, test a little.....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43161/getting-programs-on-restricted-xp-account/
Relevancy 37.41%

I've used Windows On Care live, Prevx 2.0, Adaware 2007, Spybot, & AVG Antivirus 7.5 to no avail. I still am restricted from using Add/Remove Prgrams or being able to perform any updates. I am not able to create a different user. i have also tried a repair install and still receive this Restrictions Window " The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in to effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". The only workaround I've come up with to remove unwanted programs is to pick them out in the registry. Any solutions as to return full access to my PC?

Relevancy 37.41%

Hi,
How do I set a site to restricted status, so that my kids cannot access it? They went on Habbo Hotel and managed to buy credits over the phone early in the mornings and we ended up with a bill of 500 pounds. However, after blocking premium rate numbers and reading them kids the riot act, I had a look at Habbo this evening..a few months later..only to find that I can access it even though it is in my list of restricted sites. I have added the URL to my list and still I can get in, as I found that they have a tendency to change the URL subtley enough to get past anyones block every so often.

I am running IE 6 with ME.

Many thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-restricted-sites.151503/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi, Googled this Title and found you guys, I attempted to run hijack, but it comes up with application 0x10053d83" referenced memory at "0x00000000" the memory caould not be read....

My internet wont work and closes down in like two minutes. help...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/control-panel-restricted.616427/
Relevancy 37.41%

Why can't I run this?

A:Restricted From Running Vundofix.exe

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Acan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop. DO NOT use yet. Please download and install SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and unzip into the program's folder.)Under the "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.Do not run a scan just yet.Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.
If you... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141583/restricted-from-running-vundofixexe/
Relevancy 37.41%

HELP I think that I may have posted this in the wrong place also sorryI read the forum and tried the obvious fixes Since I could not change IE options I loaded SpyBot Options Restricted access to IE and have run it I use Norton for day-to-day anti-virus which works fine on other computers in the house This computer Restricted access to IE Options is the public computer and therefore is subject to greater risk Anyway I think that I have a redirect problem - Windows Live Toolbar User Elevation Helper - Description is outbound TCP http-www Have a log from HijackThis for analysis Not doing anything except using Safari until I get IE problems resolved Thanks Please let me know if more information is needed I tried creating another User account and can do it but cannot access IE Options I do have access to regedit file but don t want to mess with it since I am not sure what to delete Basically I tried running antivirus stuff and checking for the most common causes solutions and trying those Here is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS system hphmon exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC WINDOWS system VTTimer exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleSyncNotifier exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files QuickTime QTTask exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PifSvc exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Kodak EasyShare Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files Norton GoBack GBTray exeC Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exeC PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Program Files Norton GoBack GBPoll exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PifSvc exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC Program Files hijackthis HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http centralflorida cox net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - ... Read more

A:Restricted access to IE Options

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/339719/restricted-access-to-ie-options/
Relevancy 37.41%

For the last fortnight I have had restricted access to my floppy, USB and CD/DVD-Rom drives as they have been locked. How do I unlock them? It says that the Administrator has restricted my access. I thought I was the administrator!?

A:Restricted access to drives

Welcome to TSF....

Have you tried rebooting the computer first?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/restricted-access-to-drives-266168.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello,

I am trying to put a file in
D:\WINDOWS\system 32
but it is restricted and i can't put any files in there for some reason. I am administrator, how do i change permissions or do whatever i need to to be able to write here? My other computer i can just fine, but for one of my computers i cant for some reason.

I am using WINDOWS XP
Thanks,
Isaac

Relevancy 37.41%

I am the administer of my computer (windows XP) but the control panel has disappeared from my start menu and wen i try 2 run it from the command prompt or open "set program access and defaults" i get a notification saying "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. please contact system administrator." i also keep gettin notifications sayin my computer is making unauthorized copies and that ther is a potential spyware threat.
PLEEEEASE HELP!!! i hav no idea wat 2 do and it is bugging me

Relevancy 37.41%

I left my computer for a minute and went in the other room. When I returned, it was rebooting. It took a couple of tries to get it to reboot and when it did, it gave me the following messages.

Administrator has prohibited access to USB/1394 mass storage devices
and
Administrator has restricted access to USB/1394 mass storage devices

One came up when trying to access the flash drive and the other when trying to access the other. I can't get the error messages to come up again. Now it only says access is denied.

I am the administrator. I'm not sure how or where to adjust the controls to allow access.:

Can you help?

A:Restricted/Prohibited Access

Welcome to TSF....

When you left the room was anybody else left in the room with the computer? If so then I would not let that person alone with my computer again and also I would take the time to ask what was done to the computer by this person......

Do you have the recovery/restore disks for this computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/restricted-prohibited-access-287765.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello.

I'm an elderly " Newbie Grandma" and I use Outlook Express for my emails..I use XP Home Edtion SP2.

I would like to add Smiley's or a similar program to my emails ( they brighten up your day ).and found the website Smiley's.com.. which other people have used on emails I've received.. when I go to click and download the program. I see a Restricted sign and I cannot download the program at all.. my puter won't allow it at all...

I would appreciate advise on how I can download this program and hopefully in the instructions you can make it easy for me ( Newbie) to understand..

Thank you for your patience I look forward to hearing from someone

Best Wishes
Faysie 83
Australia

A:[SOLVED] Restricted website.

Quote:

my puter won't allow it at all..

Good. Smiley Central is known to be malware (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malware for a definition)

Internet Explorer blocking access to it has saved you a whole lot of headaches.

I am not sure if there are any safe alternatives.

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-restricted-website-477697.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I'm running windows Vista service pack I tried to upgrade today I don't know if it took During Restricted Access Internet the updates I also was checking on a website FOX News recommended for a business opportunity Restricted Internet Access Java started when I hit the site and I against my better judgment allowed it to run After a minute or two I didn't feel safe and thus restarted my computer Upon restart AVG paid version told me it had quarantined two files and changed a security rule I accepted but now no programs can access the internet such as my sidebar widgets or World of Warcraft Firefox my default browser can but I must remove the proxy settings to do so I've disabled java until I get this resolved Windows defender also tells me it is disabled and doesn't give me an option to change it Malware Bytes quarantined one file as well but to no avail Something is still wrong Alternately everything runs just fine on the administrator account I'm afraid to type any information on the main account in case there is spyware attached that I cannot locate with AVG Windows defender or Malware Bytes Also while running safe mode with Networking I cannot access the internet with Windows Explorer but when I try and start Firefox it crashes Running the startup repair also crashes the computer until I select quot Start Windows Normally quot Something tells me its a virus but because it only affects one account I'm rather perplexed I don't have to remove the proxy settings while running on the Admin account Any input would be greatly welcome

A:Restricted Internet Access

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/restricted-internet-access-526393.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Is the Internet Explorer list of restricted sites the same one I am using to place the IP numbers and/or URLs of unwanted sites in? The place I use in my IE.6.0 / SP2 browser can he found at; Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Sites.

In there it says, "Per site privacy actions. You can specify which websites are always or never allowed to use cookies, regardless of their privacy policy".

I believe the sites I enter here are unable to use ActiveX or Javascript or anything else in my computer, yet I am still able to view those sites. Correct? But other, friendly sites are still able to interact normally with me? And this is my "List of restricted sites?

A:IE list of Restricted Sites

The information found below should explain the uses of various IE settings:http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/...y/settings.mspxhttp://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/restricted.htmRegards,John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/27780/ie-list-of-restricted-sites/
Relevancy 37.41%

Not sure why, but I've been getting this for a while..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/nhackmeep/helpmeeef.gif

Whenever anything tries to connect to the internet (anything other than mozilla or aim) i get that popup.. and when I open IE i get that screen. What's happening?

Relevancy 37.41%

Hi yesterday morning I was restricted by my computer after did some tweaking with Norton telling it what program to get the permision to access the internet in the process it told me to reboot When it was almost in the loading process there was a line of message pop-up telling me that quot Restriction is applied on this computer Please contact your admin quot and whatever program I tried to access there was no chance accessing any So I rebooted to safe mode and used my husband's laptop to get some help Someone told me to do a system restore Thank God HijackThis PC...pls review log Restricted from and I did I restored back to Restricted from PC...pls review HijackThis log Thursday morning date After doing so I did full system scan not only with my Norton but also with Panda ActiveScan ran Adaware SE found about items and I got to fix too Spybot Search amp Destroy found items related to BackWeb lite not sure what to do with it since Restricted from PC...pls review HijackThis log I believe BackWeb stuff got something to do with HP stuff And now I did a current HijackThis file log to see if there's any change from yesterday's Hijackthis file Restricted from PC...pls review HijackThis log My concern is I'd like to make sure that I didn't have anything nasty lurking in around my system And really curious if that little message is not anything serious down the road that it was only an honest mistake on my part Please help I'd appreciate any help Thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Service AdskScSrv exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Ghost Agent GhostTray exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Compuware DriverStudio Common Bin DSRSvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS System GEARSec exe C Program Files Compuware DriverStudio Common Bin dstrayapp exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files LogMeIn LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Free Download Manager fdm exe C Program Files Iconic Tray it p exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Ghost Agent PQV iSvc exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Updates from HP Program BackWeb- exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C Program Files MaDdoG PaneKiller PaneKill exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents Downloads Geek Go hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www rr com flash index cfm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Defa... Read more

A:Restricted from PC...pls review HijackThis log

Hello!

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should 'not' have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that 'Display the contents of system folders' is checked. If you have Windows XP, the search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that 'Search system folders', 'Search hidden files and folders', and 'Search subfolders' are checked.

For the options that you checked/enabled earlier, you may uncheck them after your log is clean. If we ask you to fix a program that you use or want to keep, please post back saying that (we don't know every program that exists, so we may tell you to delete a program that we think is bad to keep).

===============

Go to www.trendmicro.com, and then:

1. Click "Free Online Scan".
2. Click "Scan now, it's free".

It'll take a few minutes to download (especially with a dialup connection), so be patient. When it's down:

1. Select all available drives.
2. Check(tick) "Auto Clean".
3. Click "Scan".

When it completes, post back the full filename of any files that cannot be cleaned or deleted.

===============

Download, unzip to your desktop CWShredder and run it, then:

1. Click "Check For Update"

(If an update isn't available, skip to step #4.)

2. Click "Click here to Download the upate".
3. When the new version has been downloaded, click "Save".
4. Click "Fix ->"

===============

Run HiJackThis and click "Scan", then check(tick) the following, if present:

O1 - Hosts: 64.91.255.87 www.dcsresearch.com

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: WinTasks.lnk = C:\Program Files\LIUtilities\WinTasks\wintasks.exe

O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
...(Unless you've set these with a anti-spyware program like SpyBot's Immunize feature, have HiJackThis fix this.)

Now, with all windows closed except HiJackThis, click "Fix checked".

===============

Locate and delete the following item(s), if present. Make sure your able to view system and hidden files/ folders:

folders...

C:\Program Files\LIUtilities

Search for...

ALCXMNTR.EXE

...using "Start | Search...".

-

Note that some of these file(s) may or may not be present. If present, and cannot be deleted because they're 'in use', try deleting them from "Safe Mode".

===============

Post back a new log, and let us know how everything goes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/restricted-from-pc-pls-review-hijackthis-log-56912.html