Windows Support Forum

Website works at work, not home

Q: Website works at work, not home

I hope this is the right section to ask this question in. I'm a big newbie.
I'm having an issue that I have no clue how to solve. There is a specific webpage that I try to view at home with my laptop, and it never loads on Chrome and Firefox, but does on Explorer. But when I take the same laptop to work or school, it does load that website on all browsers. I also have a desktop that stays home, and has the same problem. Its so strange. I don't know if it's a network thing, or an facebook app thing.

I've tried re-installing Chrome, deleting all cookies and caches, disabling all extensions or plugins, and updating Flash and Java. Any ideas?

Mod Note: Facebook game link removed, you are too new to be trusted fully. Problem m ay be solvable without the exact game anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/website-works-at-work-not-home.201025/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Website works at work, not home

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 70.09%

Well we had our first classes this week for the unemployed IT people in Northern ABC.com Works with under Website work NOT ABC.COM WWW. only WILL California and it was very successful Thanks to this support group for lending our growing group a hand NEW PROBLEM We wanted to Website WILL NOT work under WWW. ABC.COM Works only with ABC.com make a website on our Windows Enterprise Server so we installed the IIS and net and laoded the website into the default directory WE resolved our nameserver after hours of waiting and now we have a strange problem We can access the website from abctraining com BUT NOT www abctraining com What could be the problemin our setup Thanks for your help SIDEBAR HELP We have had some great ideas come our way this week If your trying to build a website we found out some really cool short-cuts that you might not know about so maybe we can help each other out if your interested Would be great to help you forum members out as well My email is email protected --- Gary nbsp

A:Website WILL NOT work under WWW. ABC.COM Works only with ABC.com

All the www is is an alias in IIS and you can change it to anything you like. You also need to set your name server to resolve to the www.abc.com not just ABC.COM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/website-will-not-work-under-www-abc-com-works-only-with-abc-com.171019/
Relevancy 69.23%

what causes a Website Not To Work when other Websites Work, but Your Internet Works???

A:Website Won't Work, But Internet Works

That web site is down.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/website-wont-work-but-internet-works-464748.html
Relevancy 64.07%

i have been having the same or similar problem. it started last week. I am able to connect and surf the web from my home network, but cannot surf on any other connection.

I stay in hotels quite often and have not been able to access webpages on any of their internet connections. niether wireless or wired work. I can get an ip from their router but when i open internet explorer after about a minute I only get "Page cannot be displayed" no matter what address i type in. same results at 3 different hotels.

I am able to ping websites (www.yahoo.com, www.google.com......) in the command prompt. but still nothing in internet explorer.

As soon as I get home I connect and can view webpages no problem.

let me know if you come up with a solution.

A:Laptop works at home but not at work.

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-works-at-home-but-not-at-work.538646/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey,
I have an Aspire One netbook that I use that connects with ethernet lan at home no problem. At work it still says it's connected "excellent" but I get no internet service.

The only difference this amateur has noticed is that an "Internet Gateway" icon opens at home, that doesn't here (in Network Connections).

All my friends use hte net on their laptops just fine. is there anything I can check? Any way to know if my computer is blocking the connection?

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 62.78%

XP Pro sp2, works on domain at work (DHCP) but will not work at home or at hotel. It worked fine before but it wont obtain address outside of domain at work. I have tried reset of winsoc, ip stack and am not sure why it won work. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 62.78%

I have a PC desktop computer with XP Pro, and I'm running a wired network both at home and at work. At home the computer connects to the internet without a problem. At work I get limited or no connectivity. I've tried other computers on the same internet connection, and they work fine. On the computer from home, I've flushed the IP uninstalled and re-installed the ethernet card, used xp winsock repair software (This usually works on 99 percent of the situations), replaced the cat 5, checked all the tcp-ip settings, tried pinging an ip address, (nothing), and still nothing works. I'm not a novice at this, but I'll be darned if I can think of anything else to try. Help? BTW the work network is running from the modem to a switch. The home network is running from the modem to a router.

Thanks,

Charlie

A:Limited or no connectivity at work, works fine at home

Hi cquante, and welcome to TSG.

Any chance you can post full IPCONFIG /ALL results for the computer when it can not connect at work as well as for one of the computers at work that can connect?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-or-no-connectivity-at-work-works-fine-at-home.857465/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I m hoping someone here may be able to help me I ve been a member of a bulletin website Cannot specific Solved: work, from access can access etc. but home, it from board website for adoption for over four years The site is IVFConnections net and com usually works as well The site is hosted by The Planet The admin unfortunately has left the building on the site--for reasons unknown So after logging onto this site for the past years last week I ve been unable to access this site I get a DNS error from both of my home computers laptop and PC I ve contacted Comcast reset my cable modem I ve contacted McAffee and all of my settings are just as they should be I Solved: Cannot access specific website from home, but can access it from work, etc. can access the site perfectly fine from work my husbands work and other friends computers I ve asked others on the bulletin board if they are having issues and I seem to be the only one Today Dell told me to reset my computers back to factory settings as they were sure this would solve the problem It did not and I still am unable to access the site I m also using a Netgear wireless router for my laptop I ve disconnected the router and just used the PC hooked up directly to the modem and I m still having the exact same issue Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this Does anyone have a quot work-around quot for me to use to login to the site I appreciate any help I m truely frustrated nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot access specific website from home, but can access it from work, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-access-specific-website-from-home-but-can-access-it-from-work-etc.814900/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi My apologies for asking something which has been asked and answered in many variations but none of which has helped much I have three Win Home Premium x PCs called BoyToy my main PC Salsa and Polka all of which are wired to a D-Link DIR- router I want to wake and shutdown Salsa and Polka from BoyToy using Aquila s WakeOnLan utility which can also control non-Windows PCs or something similar After enabling the BIOS and Win settings I m able to Wake On LAN both computers from BoyToy yeah but I m stuck on the Shutdown side and I ve tried many different combinations of utilities and settings Most recently I ve run Aquila s Listener part of their WOL work? Shutdown Home Prem meant doesn't. WOL Shutdown to works, How's utility on Salsa with its Win firewall turned off and no AV running Listener detects WOL messages sent from BoyToy not surprising since WOL works but it doesn t detect Shutdown messages From Home Prem WOL works, Shutdown doesn't. How's Shutdown meant to work? BoyToy I ve sent the shutdown message to different router addresses and Salsa s address and the results are always the same WOL detected shutdown not I m stuck because I don t even understand how Shutdown is supposed to work in Win I ve found lots of WOL documentation but not for Shutdown I assume it s totally different than WOL since the computer to be shutdown is awake so it has an IP address the Shutdown message contains timer info warning text etc I d really appreciate it if someone could explain to me how Shutdown is supposed to work and if possible what I should do to diagnose and or get it to work I m running everything as an administrator so that shouldn t be a problem--or have I run into a brick wall having Home Premium rather than Ultimate Thanks Audios

A:Home Prem WOL works, Shutdown doesn't. How's Shutdown meant to work?

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Let's try the software that is built into Windows.

Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and click Command Prompt.

Type shutdown /i to display the Remote Shutdown dialog box (Shutdown.exe).

Under Computers, click Add to enter computer names, or click Browse to open the Find Computers dialog box.

Under What do you want these computers to do, click Restart or Shut down.

Source: Restart or Shut Down a Remote Computer and Document the Reason

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279651-home-prem-wol-works-shutdown-doesnt-hows-shutdown-meant-work.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have recently built a new website, i tried all links and they worked fine before making it live on Filezilla.

I was wondering if anyone knows the reason for it or even better the fix for the solution.

The files are DWG. which is a version of CAD. PDF's, Jpegs, ect. all work except DWG's.

Thanks,

Cxswxrth

A:Downloads Work Offline But Once Website Is Live they Dont Work

Yours is not Windows 7 related issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398907-downloads-work-offline-but-once-website-live-they-dont-work.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey,
I have this computer at work which only allows for one company website to be viewed. There is internet connections which i proved by successfully pinging www.youtube.com and alike. In addition i took the cable out and connected it to my laptop. This also did not allow me to view websites. What that lead me to think is that there is a proxy that blocks everything except that one company website on port 80. However when i set up a server on my computer at home at port 8888 and then tried to access at work it didnt work either.

Any ideas? thanks

A:Only one website works. Others blocked.

Many companies have policies preventing you from surfing the internet at work. They may be blocking other websites to prevent you from goofing off during work hours. Check with your boss to see if this is the case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-one-website-works-others-blocked.923290/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey to all,

I was updating my wallpapers from netcarshow.com a few days ago when the connection suddenly went down. I thought it was due to maintenance from their end, however, I could use the site from another location. It also doesn't work on my WiFi connection at this location also.

I am using a 100Mb fiber optic line connected to an 8 port router.

I have tried:

1. Clearing cache from both IE9 and Chrome,
2. Checked for malware (Malwarebytes and Avast),
3. Checked firewall (didn't know what to look for so turned it off)
4. Turned off virus software.
5. Tried pinging the site and came back no reply.
6. Unchecked proxy option in internet options (was unchecked as default).
7. The site doesn't work on other PCs on the network.

I am curious as to why this is happening.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

A:Website not working on my PC, works elsewhere.

Is it a site you visit quite a lot?
When I used to run a forum I accessed it frequently enough to get my IP blocked every few days.
Doesn't even need to be frequent, just a large total amount of data sent/received.

Wait a couple of days and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/247612-website-not-working-my-pc-works-elsewhere.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello! I just signed up on Webs.com to transfer my website over. However, I notice that, while my website looks perfectly fine in Firefox, it isnt showing up in Internet Explorer! Which is odd. It was working FINE in I.E when I had it hosted on Bravenet.com.

The same thing happened to me when I tried to make my own website to show off my Art portfolio on Webs.com before... once again, it showed up in Firefox but not in I.E! Something must be wrong with the site then? I dont know.

How irritating!

Heres my website: http://adv-dream.webs.com/main.html

I dont understand why the layout wont work in I.E......

A:Website works in Firefox, not I.E

Hi, I think your problem might be in your comment tags - you have an exclamation point at the beginning and then end of the tags, but there should only be one at the beginning:

Change
<!-- BANNER --!>
to
<!-- BANNER -->

And change the rest of them and then see if it works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/website-works-in-firefox-not-i-e-420654.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, heres whats going down:

On my hosting account at WMBase.net, i can't seem to get onto any of the websites i host or my website without using a proxy server.

I get Page cannot be displayed. All the time been like this for over a week now...

I tried:
Start -> Run -> CMD -> ipconfig/ flushdns

Didn't work probs cause im on a wireless line or something...

Any ideas? Thx in advance :)

BTW: Its the whole server i can't get on, my other sites don't work ether.

A:Accessing a Website That Looks Down But Works With Proxy.

If you have a firewall, check it to make sure you're not blocking that server. Have you tried any other web browsers? Also, after doing start->run->cmd, type "nslookup website name goes here.com" and see if that works. If you get an IP address, it shouldn't be a DNS issue. You may also want to check with the server admin to make sure that your IP isn't blocked by the server. You can go to www.broadbandreports.com and click Tests and Tools to get your IP address.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/accessing-a-website-that-looks-down-but-works-with-proxy-82049.html
Relevancy 49.88%

This is not actually an IE specific question I have tested on Firefox and Chrome and have the same problem I am using IE at the moment and am trying to connect to fuelbuyer dtn com I am safe in Website only works mode able to pull this page up and enter the user pass At this point the page attempts to load and eventually tells me Page cannot be displayed I am able to access the site via another computer sharing the same internet connection I am also able to access it from this computer if I enter into safe mode This computer is running Windows Pro SP I have Avast Free Antivirus installed I have tried turning disabling all shields with no change I do not have any other firewall enabled and have not installed any other firewalls or antivirus I have disabled all Add-On's with no change I have disabled all start up programs with no change The website previously worked on this computer I am not sure what has changed or when it stopped working Thanks in advance for any assistance

A:Website only works in safe mode

In IE, Put the site in your "Trusted Sites".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/website-only-works-in-safe-mode-859689.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I designed a site for my work & uploaded it. The site works fine on all the other computers in the office, at my house, etc.

When I try to access the website from the computer that I uploaded it from, I can't get onto it. I get and error telling me that I cannot connect to the site.
I've tried loading it in IE, Firefox & Chrome, but nothing works.

It's my first time creating & publishing a site, so any help would be appreciated!

A:ONE computer cannot access a website! Works on all others..

Hi Becky,

Let me know the operating system existing in your system and the brand of laptop in which you are facing this issue ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/one-computer-cannot-access-a-website-works-on-all-others-541274.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm having problems with a website I'm building I've developed it on a Mac but naturally I check that it works on all flavours of machine browser The site works perfectly on Mac Firefox Safari as well as PC Firefox and Opera but not on IE I've even got a Linux mate who says it's fine on every Website on except browser/platform IE... works there too My PC setup is - Windows XP p Website works on every browser/platform except IE... Internet Explorer v upgraded to v The site is here - The Sables The site seems to work fine everywhere once I'd totally restructured it just Website works on every browser/platform except IE... to suit IE's curmudgeonliness except on the product view page Like here for example EDIT - I notice that when I link directly to the page like this the page loads okay so could it have something to do with the in-site links When I was on IE it would intermittently not load I'd get a non-specific Website works on every browser/platform except IE... page abort message but usually if I hit refresh it would load eventually I upgraded to v and now instead of a page abort message I just get a blank page - the background loads but nothing else Again hitting refresh sorts it out The guy I'm writing the site for is using Vista IE V and he says he gets the page abort error regularly so whatever the problem is it's worse in Vista The irritating thing is it's totally random and intermittent - sometimes a product page will load sometimes it won't Clicking refresh for me loads the page but not for the guy using Vista Some products load first time all the time and others won't - yet the structure of the page is the same and mostly the content is the same with the same boxes and includes I thought initially it was the way I'd structured the site using a single PHP template for the whole site so I broke it all out into separate pages so the product info has it's own separate page file but this has made no difference Structurally the other pages news reviews etc are virtually identical to the product page it's just loading a different MySQL table cell content into the window and they seem to work fine There are some Javascripts running but they're all apparently IE compliant and they all work on IE so I don't think it's that I'm not a PC expert by any means so I'd appreciate any insights you can offer

A:Website works on every browser/platform except IE...

Don't worry, I've sussed it out - it was the Flash music player I was using, I've changed it for another (better!) one and it works fine.

Nice chatting to you all ;) :D

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/website-works-on-every-browser-platform-except-ie-362176.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I just installed windows 7 on my computer. I am able to connect to my wireless router/network, however the ONLY thing I can access on the internet is google.com or gmail.com (that i know of).

I have disabled all security/firewalls and tried just about everything i can think of. I am able to connect to the wireless router with multiple other computers (running xp and vista). How is it possible that I can access google and my email, and even chat with people on gchat but I can't do anything else?

In the network status window my IPv4 says "internet" and IPv6 says "No network Access".

I am using a Zonet Wireless 802.11g usb 2.0 adapter (ZEW2500P) and connect through a Netgear cg814wg v2 wireless cable modem gateway supplied by comcast.

Is anyone else having this problem? Solutions anyone??

Thanks for your time.

A:Connected to network, only google website works

Have you rebooted your modem and your router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/41114-connected-network-only-google-website-works.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello - I almost went over the edge last night as I was trying to get my laptop webcam and mic to work with a website that essentially gives virtual interviews. The site did not recognize my webcam and would not produce that adobe flash message that you need to agree to for the webcam to become functional.

I tried with Chrome, IE, and Firefox, to no avail. Then I went and used a friend's laptop running Windows 7 and it worked instantaneously.
I tried everything from giving complete "allow" rights to the website to closing down the Camera and S Camera apps that may have been in control of the webcam, to restarting the computer to switching from wireless to ethernet internet connection, and more.

Important to note that the webcam.com website did work with this laptop, as the adobe message box popped up and I could accept it.

I appreciate any help, thanks!

A:Webcam Not Working on Website - Works in 8.1 apps

You need to fill in some blanks. What is the mfg & model of the computer? Any third party Internet security software installed? Webcam.com is a malware website, that is pornographic orientated.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/54784-webcam-not-working-website-works-8-1-apps.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I recently made a website using Microsoft Publisher and then I edited it with a 30-day trial of Dreamweaver....I've put it on the web...it seems to be working great with firefox but on internet explorer its slow, images take a very long time to load, the page is off center, etc., here's the link to the website...thanks for any help!

http://www.hep.upenn.edu/Quarknet/summer2008/index.htm

A:My Website Works In Firefox But Not Internet Explorer.

Hmm, if you're seriously interested in creating websites you're probably better off learning HTML, CSS (&Possibly Javascript)... Using publisher is probably not the best of ideas, and i've never been impressed by dreamweaver.

If you're interested in learning HTML then i suggest the tutorials here: www.w3schools.com which can guide you through creating w3 standard websites...

As for the problem i see no reason that it should be lagging on one browser and not on the other. And your images are relatively small so i really don't see the problem.

Cheers,
Jamey

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/my-website-works-in-firefox-but-not-internet-explorer-278044.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi everyone.

I have an absurdly odd issue with a friend's new Vista machine - he runs www.ewbattleground.com - for him the site doesn't load properly, you might see the banner but then it'll freeze and eventually times out - this happens to maybe 15 more of the site's users... all as far as i know have anti virus and firewalls etc. disabled - i'm really having trouble debugging this, it doesn't happen on any other invision power board sites.

As far as the server's concerned it's sent the data. Is there some kind of vista IP blacklist that might be stopping this working? It happens in all three browsers.

If I give this user a SOCKS proxy to use for connection the site works fine

Really really odd - anyone had similar issues? Any idea how to solve it? Does this happen for you @ ewbattleground.com?

Thanks,

HC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-select-few-clients-cant-load-a-website-that-works-perfectly-well-for-others.802130/
Relevancy 49.02%

Ok, my router decided to break, so we went and got a replacement... now Maplestory wont work, nor will mapleglobal.com, yet it works for everyone else...

However, maplesea.com works, BUT when trying to load maple story [maplesea version] it lets me load it, but when im trying to connect to a channel, it connects for ages, then gives me an error.
Im wondering if its a router misconfiguration [its the same router as i had previously]

can anyone shed any light on my annoying problem?

A:Little confusion maplestory and website isnt working for me [but works for others]

it's possible.

When you said it works for everyone else, are they connected through the same router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/little-confusion-maplestory-and-website-isnt-working-for-me-but-works-for-others.441333/
Relevancy 49.02%

I havent come across this before:
All other websites work apart from one - it will not load up. If I clear the temp files it works for a while then stops again ! its really really annoying. There is enough space on hard drive and the machine works well - HELP!

A:Blocks 1 Website Clear the history and it works and then stops again

The URL of the affected website may have been helpful if you could post it please.

have you cleared all your "cookies" and internet cache?
Best way to do that quickly & thoroughly is with Ccleaner from here:
Download CCleaner 3.12.1572 - FileHippo.com

Close all web-browsers before running Ccleaner.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/blocks-1-website-clear-the-history-and-it-works-and-then-stops-again-614602.html
Relevancy 47.73%

HiAt work I have got a windows server Active Directory environment with Exchange and clients with XP OS Server acting as internal DNSThey our from work?s work access I website can not are connected to a snap gear router which is connected to an ADSL modem We have got a work s website suppose it is called www works org nl which is hosted with external provider I cannot access our work s website www works org nl from any PC at work but I have got no problem to access any other websites From work when I ping the our work website www works org nl it times out but it gives me this ip address not the real ip address please pay attention to last I can not access our work?s website from work octetFrom home when I ping our work website www works org nl it does not time out means there is a reply but it gives me this ip address not the real ip address only last octet is different comparing to ip address at work From home I have got no problem to access our work s website www works org nl - What I did I put the IP address I got when I ping from home in the address bar of our work computer it didn't work - I cleaned DNS cache by applying belowipconfig flushdnsnet stop dnscachenet start dnscacheOn the Active Directory I did clear DNS cache by doing this Administrive tools -- gt DNS -- Right click clear cache but still no joy or as explained in Figure C in the link belowhttp articles techrepublic com com - - htmlAny other thought what else should I try Thanks

A:I can not access our work’s website from work

Hi, is this a private site or Intranet? Has it a static ip?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303172/i-can-not-access-our-works-website-from-work/
Relevancy 47.73%

We've developed a web application with static & iframes, each time we interact with the links in the static frame gives results in the iframe.
it has a custom back button in the static menu frame. this back button working fine in IE7 IE8 but not properly working in IE9 it goes 3 sometimes 4 pages back.

we are using history.go(-1)
is there any other way to make it work in IE9, even pressing the Backspace key wont work. we've tried many ways but no use.

A:Back Button in Java based Website is not working properly in IE9 but works in IE7-8

A similar discussion came up within TSF staff. I'm not sure it describes your problem, but solution was to hit back button twice.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/back-button-in-java-based-website-is-not-working-properly-in-ie9-but-works-in-ie7-8-a-612863.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, Struggling with some odd behavior on my website under Explorer, but works fine under Netscape. From my home page:

tabletennismuseum.com

when a section is selected from the pulldown menu at the bottom, it begins on a fresh screen under Netscape (as its supposed to), but under Explorer, no fresh screen, and the viewer has to scroll down below the home page! Subsequent section selections work fine under both - its just the first selection under Explorer that problem occurs.
a setUp function is called in each section to activate the section page. In that function is a statement: parent.frames[0].document.clear()
which presumably begins the fresh screen ...
How can I brute force Explorer to begin the first selected section on a fresh screen?
Thanks for any help - it is driving me nuts! Feel like I am developing a videotape that must work under Betamax and VHS ! Learning as I go ...
antiquetennis

A:Website in javascript, works fine under Netscape, wierd problem w/Explorer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/website-in-javascript-works-fine-under-netscape-wierd-problem-w-explorer.52816/
Relevancy 46.44%

I cannot get Windows Media Encoder to home, Encoder work at does work Windows at Media doesn't work at all at home but I have no problems with it at work so I Windows Media Encoder doesn't work at home, does at work know I m not trying to do something with it that it can t handle At home every time I try to convert either an AVI or a VOB to WMV either using the wizard or the custom settings it lets me get through it all and then when it starts Windows Media Encoder doesn't work at home, does at work trying to encode it throws up the message quot Windows Media Encoder has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot It never gives me any more information than this just crashes and closes I ve tried repairing it through the control panel as well as completely uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it hasn t helped At home I m running Windows XP Media Center At work where I ve never had it crash I m running Windows XP Professional Is there something in Media Center that causes it to crash Is there any patch I can download or thing I can do to get it to work on my home computer Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Windows Media Encoder doesn't work at home, does at work

I'm currently having the same problem . I open the .vob file set the output folder , settings etc etc . just as it was about to start converting , WME just stops and crashes . I use windows xp home edition so if your company's xp professional can make it work im thinking it is something in the professional edition which allows it to work not something in our edition that doesnt allow it to work. Are there any alternatives for encoding a video? i dont have much cash right now so i was hoping i might find some freeware alternatives . thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-encoder-doesnt-work-at-home-does-at-work.582955/
Relevancy 46.01%

Problem Can't access www armfor uscourts gov from any of my home computers even though I can go to my family and friends houses and access it from there I'm running Windows Vista I was running Win XP before I got hacked and my harddrive failed I took my computer with me on a trip and the hotel we stayed at did not have a firewall week after getting back my World of Warcraft account was hacked and I lost everything week later customer support home?? Can't from .gov access website verified I was hacked and restored everything but then my hard drive failed I was running Win XP Professional before now I'm running Vista after getting a new harddrive and formatting etc I usually run Firefox for browsing but I can't access the website with Internet Explorer or Chrome either When I go to families and friends houses I can get to the website just fine I talked with some lawyers in DC who could access the website at the Can't access .gov website from home?? same time I was trying to access it and I still could not get in on my home computers we have in our house none work Is it possible for my router to have a virus or trojan etc Or is there something else wrong I'm running Mediacom cable connection and a Linksys Wireless-G wired wireless router All PC's are wired our Wii and Xbox are wireless I've run all the Norton Antivirus updates and scans Ad-aware free version Malwarebytes free version and Advanced Systemcare registered My home firewall has not had any problems that I know of and none of the other computers were infected that I can tell or that they have shown I don't buy gold or use character leveling services so I could only guess one of the mods I downloaded from Curse com registered client version was infected but dormant since my routers firewall was up until I went on my trip Is it possible the gov website recognized my computer as infected and blocked my IP address

A:Can't access .gov website from home??

Anything is possible, but in the meantime.

Turn off all computers.

Turn off your router, wait for at least 15 minutes, restart it and bootup all your machines. The website loads for me perfectly just in case you had the wrong URL.

Post back with the results please.

kind regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cant-access-gov-website-from-home-471684.html
Relevancy 46.01%

oporating system: windows XP..

Just all of a sudden one night, the usual website i go to, just wont work on my internet anymore, and i dont know why, just the "page cannot be displayed" screen appears, it gives no error, nothing. I checked all my possilbe programs that could be blocking it, like my router, IE, and opera, i didnt find anything there.

The website is www.thegamedomain.org , and it just won't work. The website is not down, because i asked the owner, and several other people, and it is working fine for them, which doesn't make any sence to why it isn't working for me.

If it could have been a virus of some sort, should i buy norton anti-virus, and run like a spyware, adware program? I apprecitate any help you can offer me.

Thank you,

Quadracer.

A:website will not work...

Hi, AVG..free..http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/
Spybot..Ad-Aware..see link below..
D/load check for updates remove what they find..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/website-will-not-work.362052/
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm lost here because it seems that my internet is working perfectly fine but there is one site that I can't view. At first I thought the site might be down for some reason so I called some friends and they were able to get to the site with no problem, so my question is how come I can go to any other site I have tried going to so far but I can't go to this specific one?

A:WebSite won't work

what site cant you get to? any possibility that you have been banned from that site? Try deleting the files in your temporary internet folder and if that dont work try another brower to see if its a browser setting problem. Also try bypassing your firewall and see if you can access it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/website-wont-work-195102.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I paste my files here then hit Submit new thread and I get the lost connection screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/this-website-wont-work.948228/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi All Not sure where this post should go so I picked networking as it seems nearest to the topic I want to discuss Basically I am thinking about relocating my website hosting to my house - the biggest reason is so I can learn about web-hosting I have already looked at a business internet connection including a fixed IP as I think I need one My question preferably to someone who hosts a website from home hosting Home website question is how much upload speed will i need The package Im looking at offers kb upload bearing in mind I have websites I would like to move over - the greatest number of hits I have on any Home website hosting question of them is about unique visitors a day page loads - so I probably never get concurrent connections And i think my home page shareworld co uk including pictures is about kb or there abouts I want to know if it is feasable to host this site with a kb upload whether it is likely to slow the site down and whether it would effect my positions in google etc nbsp

A:Home website hosting question

davids said:

Basically, I am thinking about relocating my website hosting to my house - the biggest reason is so I can learn about web-hosting.Click to expand...

Apache2 can be downloaded (binary) and installed on any x86 windows platform ; -- even on my Laptop! see this page

I have already looked at a business internet connection (including a fixed IP as I think I need one).Click to expand...

it is best that way. You will also need to register a Domain Name
and apply your fixed IP to that name at the time of registration.

My question, preferably to someone who hosts a website from home, is how much upload speed will i need?

The package Im looking at offers 512kb upload, bearing in mind I have 3 websites I would like to move over - the greatest number of hits I have on any of them is about 60 unique visitors a day/ 150 page loads - so I probably never get concurrent connections And i think my home page (shareworld.co.uk) including pictures is about 40kb or there abouts. I want to know if it is feasable to host this site with a 512kb upload, whether it is likely to slow the site down, and whether it would effect my positions in google etc??Click to expand...

I've got 3600kbs via a standard cable modem and it is more than enough.
A DSL connection (~756k) would be low. Suggest you ought to try to get
at least 1500kbs.

Your position in Google is information/content dependent, not the speed of the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-website-hosting-question.91739/
Relevancy 45.58%

For the past few days, when I open the computer up, our homepage which is Yahoo the day before date and news appear. I have deleted browser history, cookies,etc. several times and that doesn't solve the problem. I have no idea why this is happening. I would appreciate any input on this so when I open up the computer it would show the current day of Yahoo and news. Thank you!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/error-on-home-page-website-445372.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Dell is offering a pretty cool opportunity for customers and the general public to help us redesign the support website for home users. Go to this Storm Session link if you have suggestions on what you would like to see.
IdeaStorm | StormSessions

A:Dells Home Support website

To be honest, the design of the website is not essential to me. The quality of support is. Ever since Dell phone support is coming from somewhere in India, it's pretty much useless, since the people there are just reading scripted answers off computer screens. This might take care of some mundane questions, but anything even slightly non-trivial requires someone who can - or is allowed to - think. This is what's lacking in Dell support. The web design is rather irrelevant.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/53311-dells-home-support-website.html
Relevancy 45.58%

One day I went to imgur.com and firefox popped up saying it was an untrusted website. I don't remember what I did, but now imgur is blocked on every browser that I have on my computer(firefox, chrome, IE). When I go to imgur the connection times out, like I don't have any internet access. However, I can use a mirror site of imgur.com. It's http://filmot.com/ but I can't log in or anything like that.

Now, I've tried everything that I can think of and everything that was recommended to me. I've cleared my temp files, edited my system 32 host file, changed my DNS settings, tried inputting imgurs IP address into the search bar, nothing I've tried worked.

So, I'm at a loss on what to do here. Imgur's my most visited website and I'd really like to start using it again.

Relevancy 45.58%

HELP!!!

I have worked pretty hard on making my website using Microsoft Home Publishing 2000, but I have no idea how to upload it to a server such as geocities. I'd really appreciate if someone can give me any ideas on how to do this. Thanks to all and have a wonderful New Year!

A:MS HOME PUBLISHING help- How do I publish my website????????????

Do you have some type of ftp client? I'd suggest WS-FTP. Even if you don't, you might even be able to just use IE.

Geocities provides a web-based ftp client on their site. After you login, click <a href="http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/geo/gftp/">Upload/FTP</a> on the right side. They also provide <a href="http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/geo/gftp/">instructions</a> for using your own FTP client.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-home-publishing-help-how-do-i-publish-my-website.63427/
Relevancy 45.15%

Last since one months or two i can not access a particular website called 'www.sharekhan.com', When ever i try to access that website it says me that dnserror. I tried some of this following things
- clear history and every thing
- reflush dns
- i talked with my isp
- i tried diff browsers too but the same result
- i update my pc to lastest windows and xp update avilable
but nothing help.

But yes once i reset all the tabs in security tab like internet, Local Intranet, Trusted sites, Restricted sites it worked for once but now that is also not working..

I am just pulling my head over this problem.

Thanks for any help in advance.

i use windows xp , ie 7.0 .

A:One website does not work on my machine

Hello and welcome to TSF

Please do this:

Click Start => run type in CMD press OK. When command prompt opens up type in Ping www.sharekhan.com and press Enter. Please copy and paste the results back into this thread

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/one-website-does-not-work-on-my-machine-216092.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello I Am Trying To Get Into www.byond.com and my firefox browser is saying it cannot be found i know the site not down cause i ask somone to check and it worked for them i dont know what the problem is

Addition Information :

DSL Westell 6100

A:Website wont work

Try cleanring all the personal information. I think this is really easily done under the tools menu in firefox. Check everything (except stored passwrods if you have any). and let it delete all the information. When it is done you will have to put in all the infomation again for any sites that save it (like for exaple, if you store the username and password for this one through the site you will have to re-enter it again)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/website-wont-work-295504.html
Relevancy 45.15%

It just happened this morning. I clicked on my http://www.cbsnews.com/cbs-this-morning/ bookmark & nothing showed up. I deleted cache & even deleted the bookmark & typed it in,still nothing. Lastly, I disabled my adblock plus & despite the massive amount of wall to wall ads,it showed up.
ALL my other bookmarked websites work,no problem .
I might add,it happens on FF,GC,SeaMonkey & IE.

A:Website don't work on either laptop or W7

Maybe it was down when you last accessed it or in the process of being updated. as of now, the link you provided works when launched from windows 8.1 pro x64, ie desktop version.

if it's a consolation, I can't seem to access a different website (yahoo sports) at different times of the day since nba 2013-2014 playoffs started.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/website-dont-work-on-either-laptop-or-w7.202391/
Relevancy 45.15%

I try going onto mosaic.com from internet explorer and it wont work but than i try going on it from firefox and it does.
so i don't know why or how to fix it??!

A:website wont work!?

mosaic.com results in a server-generated error page, while www.mosaic.com gets to the page. They have the server configured incorrectly, to only allow web connections on the www. subdomain. It's an incredibly annoying indicator of sysadmin incompetence - my high school's web page is one of a few others I have encountered that do this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/website-wont-work-262779.html
Relevancy 45.15%

my wife has a website. somehow she has instructed our computer to block it. she needs to work on the site, so can't use one of those alternative sites to get around site blocking. We have IE and Firefox and the site has been available on both browsers since it was built (2 months). we have Free AVG for security.

Sam

Relevancy 45.15%

I have a old desktop that was running Xp Home. I reformatted and tried to install XP pro and when it would get to 'installing devices' it would hang and black screen. When you would restart it would do it again. So any way i installed home and for some reason it worked. I just tried to update to Pro and it still hangs at the same place. Now I cant get to windows or safe mode or restore it. What do I do? And what caused it?

Thanks in advance

A:XP Home works but Pro dont

Try this: http://kb.parallels.com/en/4975

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-home-works-but-pro-dont.111785/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi there guys So I have seen a similar post to this but mine seems to be slightly different so store, my at works at not PC home... here goes Here is PC works at store, not at my home... my system INTERNAL Windows bit NVIDIA GTX Intel i TB Harddrive TP-Link Wireless ASUS motherboard EXTERNAL Logitech wireless mouse USB LG LED quot e monitor HDMI Apple Keyboard USB On the the computer I ordered from MSY Australia was available for pickup Now the guy at the shop when showing me that everything I ordered was inside the computer tripped and accidentally kicked the box The front fell off and he put it back on and it was working fine Now I took it back to my house plugged it in and within minutes it froze Tried again within seconds it froze That afternoon I took it back to the shop it worked fine I was puzzled they were puzzled The guy re-installed drivers and re-installed Windows Took it back home plugged it in opened up internet explorer and boom froze I did some digging and found it may have been the monitor or graphics card I removed the monitor and plugged another one in still froze I have also tried it at a friends house and it apparently worked fine but I only turned it on for minutes or so I have also run it without the keyboard AND mouse and it still freezes I am literally pulling my hair out over this does anyone have suggestions as to why a computer would work at the store and not at my home I am starting to think it may be a power issue but why would it last seconds- rarely minutes There is literally no programs installed its how it came out of the box nbsp

A:PC works at store, not at my home...

Hi,
That's pretty strange... When it's home, what are you doing when it freezes? Is it as soon as you turn it on? When browsing internet? or anything you can recall.. Try using your computer with nothing else connected to it but the monitor, keyboard and mouse. No internet, no printer, no USB drives, no CD/DVDs, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-works-at-store-not-at-my-home.1087795/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have had a DELL Laptop for 4 years now. I moved into a new apartment complex and when I turn on the computer (with or without the power cord), it attempts to boot up, but just as the desktop begins to load (and sometimes before), the computer goes to a DOS type screen that is full of missing driver text.

Everywhere else I use my laptop it works fine. Could there be some type of interference from another apartment?

A:My Laptops Works Everywhere, Except At Home

Well how far away do you have to get til it works? What if you walk from there to home...does your laptop suddenly zorch out at some point. Very weird. Do you have high tension lines over your house or something?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/169827/my-laptops-works-everywhere-except-at-home/
Relevancy 45.15%

I will be moving to Atlanta in a few months and one of the things I've been thinking about is having my home networked. by this i mean have all the computer on a network, a print server, and other things i'm not sure how to rig:

a. i want to port my songs over the network from my computer to my stereo receiver: how could i do that?
b. i also wanted to port my movies to television.
c. i had some other ideas but i've fogotten by now. ha

A:My Home, networked. the works

You don't mention much about your current setup OR what you are or are not willing to do.

there are network things you connect to your sterio -

Netgear MP101 Wireless Digital Music Player
http://www.cd3o.com/products/index.html

But you have to detrmine if you want wired or wireless. Also you have to determine format you want to play.

Also with video and audio you can do something like -

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_mediamvp.html

Theres a Ton of options you really have to narrow it down by what your requirements are.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-home-networked-the-works.460725/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have used successfully a method of dischargng static build up from RAM chips (and posted about it as well) but this time the RAM works for about a minute and then the PC does not load anything thing.

i let the PC cool down, discharge RAM, works and then the same happens.

how do i discharge static build up from the RAM slots?
is the RAM chip gone for good?
any hints?

A:RAM works for a while then does not work at all.

How have you determined the problem to be static buildup? Have you checked the motherboard capacitors?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-works-for-a-while-then-does-not-work-at-all.987029/
Relevancy 45.15%

I want to run a website to display my resume. Is this safe to do from my home main computer. This is the only computer I have at this time.
I use a dlink di624 router

If I decide to do this what is the best way to set up the router to divert traffic only to the web site?
Is there a clear way to separate the website from my personal information on the same computer?
What security issues would I encounter?

A:Is it safe to run a website from your home main computer?

I would not attempt this. Although it would be a light-traffic site, there are so many security concerns that would outweigh the cost benefits. It would take so much time to set up, so many security holes to protect, and if it fails, you are the one who would have to fix it.

If you don't mind having your site on a sub-domain, http://wordpress.com is a good solution. Even though it is marketed as a blog solution, simple pages work well with it too.

If you are willing to spend some money, go to http://squarespace.com, sign up for the Pro account, and register a domain at http://godaddy.com or http://hover.com. Really, any registrar will do. (Do not buy hosting from these companies.)

That's my two cents.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/is-it-safe-to-run-a-website-from-your-home-main-computer-509037.html
Relevancy 45.15%

How can I disable users/websites from changing my homepage ?
I have spysweeper and that has a hompage shield but it only works on Admin accounts. I want to "disable the ability" to change the homepage for the limited accounts.

A:How can I prevent a website from changing my Home Page ?

I assume you're using Internet Explorer, its homepage can be locked by editing registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ Explorer, if there is no dword value "NoSetHomePage", create it and set to 1.

Or if you want it to affect only you, not all users, then use key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Restrictions instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-prevent-a-website-from-changing-my-home-page.16778/
Relevancy 45.15%

I've got a bit of a poser I thought I would throw out there for you Windows intelligentsia I recently migrated my website to a new webhost After waiting for the DNS re-propagation period to run its course I soon discovered that although I could load the website without issue at my workplace Macintosh home 7 computer... in Windows loading Website not I was Website not loading in Windows 7 home computer... unable to bring it up on my computer at home After a bit of back and forth with the techs at the webhost it eventually became obvious that the problem must be on Website not loading in Windows 7 home computer... my end somewhere I am using Windows Pro bit I have flushed the DNS cache several times cleared cache and cookies in several different browsers rebooted modem and computer several times but still my website refuses to load When I run the ping command and traceroute command the request times out immediately on the ping command and eventually does so on the traceroute command One thing odd I have noticed is that when I ping the website from home it is pinging the wrong IP address I am using the domain name when I run the command whereas it pings the correct IP from work Strangely enough when I launch Win 's Virtual XP mode and open a browser in it and type in my website it opens with no problem To say the least I am stumped and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is going on and what I need to do to get the website to open on the Win side One thing I should add is that prior to the move I changed from a dedicated IP to a shared one I don't know if this is playing a part in what I'm seeing or not It still doesn't explain why it loads in my virtual XP mode though Any thoughts

A:Website not loading in Windows 7 home computer...

Have you thought about creating a new user account profile and testing it then?

Also, what is the website? I notice you didn't list it in your original post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/300281-website-not-loading-windows-7-home-computer.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am using Windows XP Pro IE I have a new website www beerandbody com The website opens fine at home with other nbrowsers Firefox amp Chrome It also opens fine at work and other computers with IE amp IE Yet it will NOT open on my HOME windows my website IE8 This will open at t not is BIZARRE, paticular PLEASE a Help! home, but XP Pro using either IE or IE on my MAIN This is BIZARRE, PLEASE Help! IE8 will not open a paticular website at my home, but t XP computer I have removed IE tried IE reinstalled cleared cache browsers many times Advanced RESET checked This is BIZARRE, PLEASE Help! IE8 will not open a paticular website at my home, but t my host file for beerandbody also reset my modum router called the server host they are fine called my ISP brighthouse they are fine aghhhhhhhhhh All other people can This is BIZARRE, PLEASE Help! IE8 will not open a paticular website at my home, but t pull up in IE and IE except my home computer It even opens at home with LAPTOP Windows IE It just refuses to open using my main home XP computer I have shut down firewall ran numerous virus spyware applications AVAST Glary Utilities Spybot etc etc i have cleaned my machine so many times it is spotless lol All other websites are working perfectly except www beerandbody com Can anyone please take a look Any suggestions not already attempted above would be tremendously appreciated This is so frustrating Thanks So much Regards RUSHYYZ

A:This is BIZARRE, PLEASE Help! IE8 will not open a paticular website at my home, but t

Make sure it's not in your Restricted Sites. Try lowering the security in Restricted Sites. Default is High.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/this-is-bizarre-please-help-ie8-will-not-open-a-paticular-website-at-my-home-but-t-633250.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I downloaded skype from some website that installed another program called optimizer pro onto my computer Anyway it changed a lot of my settings and now when I open a browser on my firefox it goes to http lab search conduit com HP SH M amp UP SPA A EF-D B - C-AC B-D CB B Something Trovi I had google as my homepage and it does go there but when I open a new blank page it still goes to this website Is there website to Trovi? default set page Home or a way to erase whatever happened to my computer with this download or Home page or default website set to Trovi? something I can t figure out what it did to my Firefox Is this spyware I have malewarebytes and superantispyware and run them and they find stuff on my computer Is there a way to delete things that are causing this Also I can t Home page or default website set to Trovi? find quot Optimizer Pro quot on my programs list for my computer even though windows keeps asking whether I will allow that program to make changes to my computer to which I always click no Please help me clean my computer nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

The animation at the link below works in XP-Home w/SP-2 but not in XP-Pro w/SP-2. Same result in IE and Firefox. I've eliminated all firewalls and pop-up blockers I know about with no luck. Any ideas out there??

http://www.bozzle.com/ps_Howtopaneldoor.html

A:Website animation doesn't work in XP Pro???

Zonealarm has been the culprit for a number of animation problems. I'm just curious. Are you using this for your firewall?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/website-animation-doesnt-work-in-xp-pro-71267.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have at least sites such longer no certain website pages work as an airline webpage that no longer works I click on the check-in button and I get the Internet Expolorer cannot disploay the webpage certain website pages no longer work error The same webpage and check-in works on my wife's laptop i've tried it on multiple networks so I know it's not an isp issue Here's certain website pages no longer work my hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPOSDSVC exe C Windows vVX exe C Program Files x HP certain website pages no longer work Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Communicator communicator exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files Lenovo Zoom TpScrex exe C Program Files x Digsby lib digsby-app exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Users sean s norek AppData Local Citrix ICA Client concentr exe C Program Files x Microsoft LifeCam LifeExp exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Users sean s norek AppData Local Citrix ICA Client wfcrun exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging smart web printing hpswp clipbook exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil l ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXE C Program Files x Digsby lib aspell bin aspell exe C Program Files x Palringo palringo exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users sean s norek AppData Local Yahoo BrowserPlus BrowserPlusCore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exe C Users sean s norek Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL http set-proxy accenture com bin setup proxy R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - HKLM Run Communicator quot C Program Files x Microsoft Office Communicator communicator exe quot fromrunkey O -... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/certain-website-pages-no-longer-work-527722.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have an HP p f AMD Athlon II X processor with Windows Home Premium on my desktop as well as on my HP laptop I am a medical transcriptionist so I access a secure website to work Suddenly my desktop will not access the site but my laptop will Tech support from my company did a remote access on my computer and could not figure anything out I took it to a computer shop they removed a virus which they said was nothing major and were able to access work Cannot my website secure access the website I got my computer back but it still will not access the website I made sure my modem router firmware is up to date but the laptop uses that as well The interesting thing is my computer will not ping the website I work on nor will the laptop but yet the laptop connects and works but the desktop will not Any ideas why this would happen or what could have changed on my desktop Oh I will say that I restored my desktop as did tech support to a week earlier when it was working fine and that did not help either My work tech support guy is banging his head against the wall on this and I can't go buy another computer

A:Cannot access my secure work website

I'll offer a few suggestions, or ideas...

Is your desktop PC connecting to your router wirelessly, or with an ethernet cable? What about the laptop? If the mode of connection is different, that may be part of what is causing the problem.

Did you install any new software on the desktop just before it stopped working?

Does the desktop PC have different antivirus software than the laptop?

If I had to lay money on it, I'd bet it has something to do with firewall settings--either on your PC or on the server side.

Are they using MAC addressing to control which computers are allowed to access the network?

BMK

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486484/cannot-access-my-secure-work-website/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all well been having loads of problems with my new HP. I have been on the phone the last four days with them for the wireless card because it is having an issue. Anyway they reset my computer and I lost all my stuff. My Firefox settings and the web browser itself, my fav's sct and much more. I watched Netflix's all the time on the web without the application and I liked it better then the APP itself. Now however, I cannot get it to work on Firefox or Explorer or even on the app. The App gives me an error code.

I have windows 8 Basic 64bit.

I would prefer using netflix's off the webpage itself it has a better page setup.

Any help ASAP would be great!

Thanks

A:Help Netflix's wont work on App or of website!

Since Netflix uses the Silverlight utility, you might see if it is installed. I watch it with Firefox also, so it should run.

But if your system was redone, you may want to deactivate that system with Netflix and then reactivate it. They seem to be really helpful if you call.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/27125-help-netflixs-wont-work-app-website.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am receiving numerous messages that "There's a problem with this Website's certificate" for sites I know are good and that I visited frequently when I had Windows 7 and IE (just a couple of weeks, ago). After I receive such a message, when I seek to go to the website by clicking on the hyperlink that says "Continue to this website (not recommended)," nothing happens. The hyperlink appears that it should work, but it doesn't. Are there any simple (I am far from a techie) ways to deal with this problem? It is extremely annoying to have to try to reach the sites through Firefox. Thanks for any help you can offer.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/48487-hyperlink-website-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 44.72%

When I go to Nasa.gov (to check on the Pluto Mission - don't miss it!), I get a screen saying I need to update my browser (IE-9). So, I closed that screen, since I can't update IE on Vista beyond IE-9; and now I just get their website, but no content. Is IE-9 not able to "run" Nasa.gov?

A:IE-9 doesn't work with Nasa website

If they have disabled functionality of the website for IE 9 then you will have to use another browser. Over than upgrade windows there isn't anything you can do.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/303892-ie-9-doesnt-work-nasa-website.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello My Internet Connection is fine but I m just having problems connecting to ONE site http www photobucket com on the whole of cyberspace Access was only broken since days ago I ve changed nothing in terms of configuration I just work up one morning and it became like that T T I am using Netgear WGR v Firmware is the lastest version Windows XP Professional SP Measures I have taken so far Cleared Internet Cache and Cookies Rebooted router modem and computer Done spyware and virus checks Spybot Ad-Aware Norton Antivirus Tried accessing it in different browsers IE and Flock Confirmed that my ISP is not the culprit by doublechecking with a friend who has the same ISP She reaches the site fine Turning off Firewall Norton Internet Security Adding http photobucket com and http www photobucket com to the Internet Options Trusted Sites Resetted my router settings =/ ONE fine. website. Can't access Others work back to default ones Some Observations My notebook connected to wireless network accesses the site fine When I rebooted my router modem and computer access was granted to me temporarily IE I could hit the homepage but after that access is lost I can access the site through a proxy server fine ipconfig all gives Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp F Documents and Settings xp gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name winxp Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - - -B - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Can't access ONE website. Others work fine. =/ IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server Lease Obtained Tuesday June PM Lease Expires Tuesday June PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO PCI Adapter Physical Address - - - A- D- C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday June PM Lease Expires Friday June PM Click to expand TRACERT www photobucket com gives F Documents and Settings xp gt TRACERT www photobucket com Tracing route to www photobucket com over a maximum of hops ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms p - - - r tokyjp jp bb gin ntt net ms ms ms ae- r tokyjp jp bb gin ntt net ms ms ms as- r snjsca us bb gin ntt net ms ms ms ae- r snjsca us bb gin ntt net ms ms ms t - mpd sjc atlas cogentco com ms ms ms v mpd sjc atlas cogentco com ms ms ms t - mpd sfo atlas cogentco com ms ms ms g - mpd den atlas cogentco com ms ms ms vl mpd den atlas cogentco com ms ms ms photobucket demarc cogentco com Request timed out ms ms ms Trace complete Click to expand Any ideas Any helpgreatly appreciated I ve been pulling my hair out over this issue for days now nbsp

A:Can't access ONE website. Others work fine. =/

"Hamachi Network Interface"

The above in your IPCONFIG list, is that a real network adapter or it is a VPN soft adapter? If so, do not use the VPN and try connecting to site the internet without going thru the VPN it to see what happens to accessing that site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-one-website-others-work-fine.583357/
Relevancy 44.72%

my laptop is driving me nuts. I do alot of travelling for work and my laptop has decided to stop working on other networks.It works fine at home.
I can connect to the hotels network and I can load webpages for the first minute then all I get is page cannot be displayed. I can still ping addresses at the cmd prompt.
It works ok in safemode so I figured there was something running that is stopping me from viewing webpages. so I started eliminating processes.
When I end the "dllhost.exe" process I am able to browse again for another minute then dllhost.exe is back.
Dllhost is also a running process at home and I can browse all night with no issues.
the only difference is the dllhost process at home mem usage does not change. on the hotel networks the process' mem usage is constantly growing.

Any idea's?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-works-at-home-but-not-on-other-networks.540640/
Relevancy 44.72%

I just bought an Acer Timeline 1830T-6651. It can "see" my home network (Netgear wireless G-router WGR614), but cannot connect and Windows wireless troubleshooting doesn't find any solutions to the problem. It connects easily to wireless networks in hotels.

I'm new to Windows 7 Home Premium, so finding diagostics is very difficult.

Any suggestions, please ? Thanks.

Relevancy 44.72%

I have computers hooked up to Linksys EtherFast -port Auto Sensing Switch EZXS W using Cox s Motorola SURFboard modem My computer is XP Pro SP P GHz with GB of RAM nd computer is XP Home SP Celeron D with GB of RAM Compaq Presario SR NX We were able to share network longer Home no works the printer and file a couple weeks ago and now all of a sudden we can t I noticed my brother was grayed out in McAfee s Network Manager and EasyNetwork and I was the same way on his Did a search about it and saw the tool McAfee offered for a network problem Home network no longer works and ran it That seemed to make things worse because now we do not exist to each other Tried setting up a network through Windows but Home network no longer works it s not working Ran ipconfig all and there is a couple differences that I don t know how to fix st computer mine WIndows IP Configuration host name az primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled Yes DNS Suffix Search List ph cox net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connnection Connection-specific Home network no longer works DNS Suffix ph cox net Description Intel R Pro VE Network Connection Physical Address - - -DB-E - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers nd computer my brother s WIndows IP Configuration host name dragon primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ph cox net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connnection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ph cox net Description Realtek RTL X Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - -D -D -E - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers nbsp

A:Home network no longer works

Remove the McAfee and Easy Network software. Run a registry/virus cleaner, reset the Linksys router to default settings, and rerun the Linksys setup

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-no-longer-works.125000/
Relevancy 44.72%

I bought a -Gig generic Flash drive off Everything! USB not with USB 2.0/XP Pro drive home works Tried but 1.1/XP Flash ebay I knew it was risky but it was only after shipping The first Tried Everything! Flash drive works with USB 1.1/XP home but not USB 2.0/XP Pro computer I tired it on was Tried Everything! Flash drive works with USB 1.1/XP home but not USB 2.0/XP Pro my home computer Its an older dell with a Pentium III running XP home The computer recognized the drive just fine and of coarse gave me the little pop up saying it won t work Tried Everything! Flash drive works with USB 1.1/XP home but not USB 2.0/XP Pro as good since I don t have any USB ports Other than that it works just fine So then I take the flash drive to work The computers at work have XP pro and have USB ports The drive is recognized it says it detected the new hardware the light on the flash drive flashes for a while then goes solid for about seconds then just goes off The icon to safely remove the hardware s is there but other than the drive becomes invisible to everything but devise manager which says it is working properly When you click on the properties to the flash drive it shows bytes available and bytes being used If I have the disk manager up while I plug the flash drive in it will show up under my C drive and it will show it having a gig capacity I ve read every post and tried everything and it still won t work So if anyone has any ideas let me know Thanks nbsp

A:Tried Everything! Flash drive works with USB 1.1/XP home but not USB 2.0/XP Pro

USB Flash drive issue

2 possible causes for this problem (that I can think of)

1 the computers at work may have had usb flash drives disabled as a security measure by the system admin. This is common. Work systems have sensitive information that must stay within the intranet (office network) and not be removed, such as customer files, client lists, etc.
2 the USB 2.0 flash drive MAY have been removed from the USB 2.0 port without shutting down the device (safely remove hardware), this basically FUBARs the flash drives usb 2.0 functionality, but it will still work at a reduced speed on USB 1.1 or USB 1.0. (found out the hard way... and yes it sucks)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tried-everything-flash-drive-works-with-usb-1-1-xp-home-but-not-usb-2-0-xp-pro.67259/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all I have a very important MS word doc I need to open When I try to open it it says quot the command cannot be performed because home: dialog works xp box MS Win Word a dialog box is open Click o k and then close open dialog boxes to continue quot I click o Win xp home: MS works Word dialog box k but I see no open dialog box to close I have another problem that is probably related to the dialog Win xp home: MS works Word dialog box box Win xp home: MS works Word dialog box problem When I tried to install NJ star app the dialog box comes on with no writing on it The box only has the header with the title Same thing is happening with my bit tornado application Nothing but the title header Some dialog box pops up with only the header When I try to quot maximize quot it I can t I could only close it or hide it I m using Windows xp home edition on Compaq AMD Athlon mb ram I just noticed something bizzar It says that I already spent gig of hard drive I got this computer Sunday which is a couple of days ago I just got online today There is no way I spent that much hard drive space Just ran add and remove and there is nothing that big there WHAT GIVES Thanks nbsp

A:Win xp home: MS works Word dialog box

Does this fit

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827732

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-home-ms-works-word-dialog-box.271725/
Relevancy 44.72%

We are trying to help out a friend here, and hoping someone can point us in the right direction.

We need to create a database, preferably a works database, because that's the program both of us have. What we need to do is collect statistics at the end of the day, and save all the results to one database. At the end of the year, we need to be able to go back in and total all occurrences of a particular statistic and combinations of certain statistics together.

I am TOTALLY GREEN in this area...can anyone help?? All suggestions are greatly appreciated....if more info is needed, please let me know!

TIA

TT

A:Will a works database work?

Works will only "work" if it has an actual database like Access to enter your data into. You can set up one database and enter the data there directly. If you are on a network you can share the database and have forms set up for data entry. If you are in different locations you could use some kind of program like PCAnywhere and the remote person could dial in and do data entry on the database. There are way too many options so you might want to give us soem kind of idea on what your setup is and how to accomplish it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-a-works-database-work.63091/
Relevancy 44.29%

My wife is Worried She has been letting our daughter surf the net on her computer I know mistake Today she went to her bank's website to check on something and it sent her a warning about being on a public network or computer home public Website - SearchScopes reports computer as Normally it does not instead it knows it is a private computer I scanned the computer when I got home with AdwCleaner and it found and removed SearchScopes I also ran the Junkware SearchScopes - Website reports home computer as public Removal Tool and it found and removed SearchScopes Now I need help making sure there isn't anything hiding about that I don't know about Thanks in advance CT DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Laurie at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated E - ED- F -A - BCB F SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated DF E - D - BB- B - D E BFDE Running Processes SearchScopes - Website reports home computer as public C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files IDT WDM STacSV exe C windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Philips CamSuite ACPService exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Seagate SeagateManager Sync FreeAgentService exe C windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX integratedoffice exe C Program Files x PDF Complete pdfsvc exe C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Program Files x Philips CamSuite ACPGUI dll C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System WUDFHost exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files IDT WDM Beats exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Windows vspc exe C Program Files x Hp Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Seagate SeagateManager FreeAgent Status stxmenumgr exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Calendar Service GCalService exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Calendar Service HPTouchSmartSyncCalReminderApp exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework hpsa service exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit Update Service v IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C ... Read more

A:SearchScopes - Website reports home computer as public

# AdwCleaner v3.021 - Report created 10/03/2014 at 19:55:56
# Updated 10/03/2014 by Xplode
# Operating System : Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (64 bits)
# Username : Laurie - LAURIE-HP
# Running from : C:\Users\Laurie\Desktop\AdwCleaner.exe
# Option : Clean
***** [ Services ] *****
***** [ Files / Folders ] *****
File Deleted : C:\Users\Public\Desktop\eBay.lnk
***** [ Shortcuts ] *****
***** [ Registry ] *****
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\{0A18A436-2A7A-49F3-A488-30538A2F6323}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{007EFBDF-8A5D-4930-97CC-A4B437CBA777}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{31D09BA0-12F5-4CCE-BE8A-2923E76605DA}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{2FA28606-DE77-4029-AF96-B231E3B8F827}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{B7FCA997-D0FB-4FE0-8AFD-255E89CF9671}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{D43B3890-80C7-4010-A95D-1E77B5924DC3}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{2FA28606-DE77-4029-AF96-B231E3B8F827}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{B7FCA997-D0FB-4FE0-8AFD-255E89CF9671}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{D43B3890-80C7-4010-A95D-1E77B5924DC3}
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{31D09BA0-12F5-4CCE-BE8A-2923E76605DA}
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{31D09BA0-12F5-4CCE-BE8A-2923E76605DA}
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{2FA28606-DE77-4029-AF96-B231E3B8F827}
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{B7FCA997-D0FB-4FE0-8AFD-255E89CF9671}
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{D43B3890-80C7-4010-A95D-1E77B5924DC3}
***** [ Browsers ] *****
-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.16518
-\\ Mozilla Firefox v27.0.1 (en-US)
[ File : C:\Users\Laurie\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\0uasnzwu.default\prefs.js ]
AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [2641 octets] - [10/03/2014 19:48:56]
AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [2233 octets] - [10/03/2014 19:55:56]
########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [2293 octets] ##########
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Thisisu
Version: 6.1.2 (02.20.2014:1)
Ran by Laurie on Mon 03/10/2014 at 20:01:38.30
~~~ Services
~~~ Registry Values
~~~ Registry Keys
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{01D73768-605A-417D-9931-888EE81E1B40}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{01D73768-605A-417D-9931-888EE81E1B40}
~~~ Files
~~~ Folders
~~~ FireFox
Emptied folder: C:\Users\Laurie\AppData\Roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\0uasnzwu.default\minidumps [47 files]
~~~ Event Viewer Logs were cleared
Scan was completed on Mon 03/10/2014 at 20:05:50.94
End of JRT log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527139/searchscopes-website-reports-home-computer-as-public/
Relevancy 44.29%

Everytime I startup up the computer and access microsoft internet explorer, a certain sexhound.com has registered itself as the homepage and everytime i change it, it comes on after i reboot

A:(Solved) certain website won't stop making itself the home page

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-certain-website-wont-stop-making-itself-the-home-page.64053/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am trying to How open home to for route Solved: on network? website set up a website from one of my home computers I have the Solved: How to open route for website on home network? site itself up and running on the server running IIS and can access it from other computers on my internal network by hitting the I address of the computer However I can t figure out what I need to do to get Solved: How to open route for website on home network? a http request hitting my DSL public IP address to get to my computer Here is my configuration Westell F Verizon DSL Public IP address x x x Internal IP address Connection Type PPP Linksys Wireless Router WRT G public side IP Address Internal IP address Computer IP address is I tried the following options but might have screwed all of these up DSL Router set to DMZ mode pointing at then turned on DMZ mode on the Linksys Router pointing at DSL Router in DMZ mode with port forwarding on the Linksys router forwarding port traffic to port forwarding on both the DSL router and the Linsys router What is the correct way to set this up nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

I hope I've done this right And Page Access Unable Changing Website To Keeps Home Certain this time I have been having a problem in accessing the www mnf-iraq com website and had done a few suggested things to try Home Page Keeps Changing And Unable To Access Certain Website and repair that to no avail Instead it has created additional problems for me My home page continually changes back to http hp-desktop aol com Home Page Keeps Changing And Unable To Access Certain Website now I have found this website for assistance and have posted the logs below that you request I think that me not being able to access the website has something to do with an issue that I either had to approve or deny and I probably denied it as I am able to access the website on my work computer If anyone can help with my homepage issue and any other issues you see from the logs below I'd greatly appreciate it I know just enough about computers Home Page Keeps Changing And Unable To Access Certain Website to be dangerous If you have any suggestions as to the website issue I'd appreciate those as well Thanks for your assistance DebLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS arservice exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEC WINDOWS System snmp exeC PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS ARPWRMSG EXEC Program Files Sonic DigitalMedia Plus DigitalMedia Archive DMAScheduler exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exeC Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmbmgr exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmbmon exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files HP HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC WINDOWS system hphmon exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files HP HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC PROGRA MI AA wcescomm exeC Program Files Microsoft Location Finder LocationFinder exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeC Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exeC PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS ... Read more

A:Home Page Keeps Changing And Unable To Access Certain Website

Hi debbed28,

If you still need help please post a fresh HijackThis log and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Thanks for your patience.

P.S. Please copy/paste the log into this thread using the Add Reply button.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/113129/home-page-keeps-changing-and-unable-to-access-certain-website/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

The website psychologytoday.com is inaccessible through our home network, via both wifi and ethernet. We recently switched to a newer router and that didn't solve the problem.

Pinging the website suggests that it works. I can even access it using 3G on my phone (but not when the phone is connected to the home wifi).

What could be making this website inaccessible over the entire network at our home?

Thank you.

Relevancy 44.29%

Thread title pretty much sums it up: CTRL-A disabled, CTRL Key Works, A Key Works, Other CTRL-combos work. I use CTRL-V, CTRL-C, CTRL-Z, etc all the time.

CTRL-A has never worked for me, in any application. Instead of selecting all, CTRL-A pastes, the same as CTRL-V, only when you use CTRL-A, in addition to pasting, it also makes a system sound, kind of like a knock sound. Out of desperation to identify the sound I looked control panel sounds and listened to all of them, it's not there.

I've never really needed CTRL-A until now because I'm wanting to use a specific application that has no other way to select all except CTRL-A, so I'm now desperate...

Any help will be much appreciated.

A:CTRL-A disabled, CTRL Key Works, A Key Works, Other CTRL-combos work

Hello Dave mate have you run either of these

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html< if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2
if not do them in safe mode and see if that fixes the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/378522-ctrl-disabled-ctrl-key-works-key-works-other-ctrl-combos-work.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Microsdoft Access application with a feature that uploads/downloads a file to/from a website hosted at an ISP. Using msinet.ocx, this app has worked fine for years in XP, but does not work on some machines in Windows 7 even though "Microsoft Office Access" is listed in "Windows Firewall- Allowed Programs". It appears that a connection is made to the website but the ftp transfer does not take place. What must be done to enable the ftp transfer in Windows-7. Help here would be greatly appreciated.

A:ftp From Microsoft Access to ISP Website does not work in Windows 7

Hi there
Why not use this as your client - try and incorporate batch commands into your file transfer mechanism from ACCESS.

WS_FTP LE | Free FTP Client from Ipswitch File Transfer

I think also using Ms Access you can use some sort of OBDC for transferring data. My own view of Ms Access is that it's a HORRIBLE piece of software -- if you need a database application doing this type of stuff look at a robust and FREE system like MySQL or any number of decent alternatives.

I think the filetype .OCX is an ActiveX type of control file - apart from security issues it's probably incompatible with W7 and certainly will be for Win 8/9 etc.

If you REALLY want to keep running this application I'd see if the XP system will run in a Virtual machine either in XP MODE (W7 PRO needed for that) or as a full VM.

This *might* work in W7 though -- try registering the file manually. (I haven't got access myself so I can't test this -- backup your system first in vase it hoses up things).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2746232
Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/339485-ftp-microsoft-access-isp-website-does-not-work-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have had problems accessing Walmart.com and my work site of lps.org . I have read many forums and other information about this same problem. I am using AVG Free 8, I also have Spybot installed. I have uninstalled each of these separately and restarted with no luck. I also have Hijack installed, but I don't know how to read it. Another thing I've read about is the rundll.exe trojan. I do have this in my system32 folder. When I tried to delete it, I was told I didn't have authority to do so.

I have Vista and this occurs in both Firefox 5 and IE 7.

I could use some help. This is driving me crazy. Thanks! Beth

A:Can't Access Certain Sites, Eg Walmart And My Work Website

I'm just going to give this a shot and say try going into safe more and deleting the trojan. You tried spybot, which is my usual favorite of free spyware catchers.. Hm. Try, if you can't delete it in safe mode, using Spybot in Safe mode, and if you still don't get it, I had twoviruses once that were giving me the same error. Combofix killede them right on the bat (Once again, in safe mode.)

(WARNING FOR COMBOFIX!!!)
iT IS RECCOMENDED BY THIS SITE TO USE IT WITH AID OF A PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF THIS SITE OR ETC.

I have used this program without help from a professional a few times, no problems, but DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/171787/cant-access-certain-sites-eg-walmart-and-my-work-website/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have installed the latest version of Adobe flash player,yet when I go into www.intellicast.com 's site to view the animated weather radar loop gif,it shows one frame,but it doesn't animate the other frames to show the weather system.Any ideas on how to enable gif animation? (Thanks)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/website-animation-doesnt-work-in-ie-or-firefox-272208.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi everyone!

Why is 'Truesiute website log on' manged by 'HP simplePass only working with Enternet Explore. However, in firefox and Google Chrome is not?
I have checked out Truesiute website log on' is enabled of both Firefox and google Chrome, but it didn't show while using these browsers.
'Truesiute website log on' is only working with INTERNET Explore

A:Why is 'Trieste website log on' manged by 'HP simplePass work in IE?

I'll take a wild swing and probably strike out
But ie 8 thru 10 has DOM storage verses chrome and now I believe firefox uses "sandboxing"
Will FireFox implement sandbox protection similar to Chrome? | Firefox Support Forum | Mozilla Support
Probably an old article ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/291057-why-trieste-website-log-manged-hp-simplepass-work-ie.html
Relevancy 44.29%

So I uploaded a new website on Dec th a week prior to that we installed a new server Microsoft and set up a work domain Now none of the computers that have been added to the domain can access the site I ve installed a VPN which allows me to see the site but no one else can and it my company's problem? Cannot work. DNS website access from s a bit of a pain Cannot access my company's website from work. DNS problem? I ve flushed the DNS and it didn t help I just get the error that quot The webpage cannot be displayed quot I m using XP SP and I ve tried viewing the page in IE Firefox amp Chrome none work ipconfig all says that my Primary DNS suffix is RJSTRADING com which happens to be the same as my URL address rjstrading com is that what is causing the problems This is my first site and I m pretty new to the whole web design thing so any help at all would be appreciated nbsp

A:Cannot access my company's website from work. DNS problem?

Can these other workstations access other websites ie: Google?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-my-companys-website-from-work-dns-problem.159679/
Relevancy 44.29%

Every time I try to install and or use university's website there is something in my system that attaches to everything and goes directly to another system as this is going to happen here at bleepingcomputer. Is there any help that can be attained in order to correct this problem I have tries tweaking, JRT, and roguekiller. Is there any way to get into safe mode on the windows 98 version of windows because all I have now is system recovery and never created a system recovery disc.

Any suggestions ? Please, I would really appreciate this. Thank you, Bookwormedout

A:unable to install and work from my university website

I have tried*

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512302/unable-to-install-and-work-from-my-university-website/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas I am having an issue with windows Ultimate apparently blocking me from accessing my work related website login page I must use IE to work blocked apparently access website view the website So far only Combofix remedies the issue but only for a couple of days and a couple of logins then work website access apparently blocked it s right back to the same old thing I have log files that I can submit for review Also an important side note No matter what browser I try to use the computer does the same thing The page is set up to use IE however I am using Microsoft Security Essentials The website is as follows hxxps evalue internationaldelivers com service Once this page loads I would normally login My problem is that the computer IE status bar drags and drags and finally a unable to load the page comes up I can run combofix and everything is great for only a couple of days any help would be greatly appreciated

A:work website access apparently blocked

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369170/work-website-access-apparently-blocked/
Relevancy 44.29%

I was trying to use a website I created a long time ago. It uses Java. It is on the local machine, and I was trying to view it on the local machine (the C: Drive). It won't load Java. I had installed Java, and it says my security settings disable it. I am using my new Windows 8.1 machine. How do I enable Java for a website on my C drive?

A:Solved: Java in IE 11 for Local Website Won't Work

I figured it out. I have to go into the Java Control Panel, and change the security setting from the default to Medium. Then it works. I have to use a prompt, but at least it works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-java-in-ie-11-for-local-website-wont-work.1133969/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have three desktop computers here (two with XP, one with 2000) One of the XP machines had a whack of spyware and viruses (which I'm currenty trying to deal with in another thread). It hasn't been able to connect to the network for a couple days. This morning, my main PC was fine. As of now, none of the windows machines will connect to the internet, yet my little Mac here is working perfectly. Can I assume I have a network virus?

This is the other thread that has my hijack this logs and some more explanation of what I've done already, in case it's helpful at all.

Thanks!!

A:Home network - pcs cannot connect, Mac works fine

Macs don't tend to be bothered by most viruses, as they are mostly written to mess with Windows machines. Sounds like whatever got your first machine got the other windows machine also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-pcs-cannot-connect-mac-works-fine.308937/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi home at hotspots not wifi works at but Notebook all I'm a long time lurker here but this is my first post I have an Acer notebook G T MGT Gb Intel BG wifi card I am running Windows Pro bit fully up to date and all my hardware has the latest available drivers I Notebook wifi works at home but not at hotspots have my AVG antivirus disabled and only running Windows inbuilt firewall Anyway my home wif modem router works fine both of my laptops always connect automatically without any problems But if I take my notebook to a wifi hotspot at least any I have tried so far I can't get access to the net I can connect ok and the wifi status says connected but also says quot no internet access quot If I boot from my old XP SP hard drive it works perfectly anywhere so I know for sure my hardware is good Attached is a screencap of the Xirrus wifi inspector I basically know very little about networks and hoping someone could assist with this I already read many posts about wifi problems and searched google etc but couldn't find anyone with a problem like this Thanks Regards Rob

A:Notebook wifi works at home but not at hotspots

I'm not a wireless expert either. See if the notebook's adapter has settings to allow it to recognize 802.11a/b/g/n. Your snip shows it in 802.11n mode and the hot spots may use a different one. Also check what band you can use, 2.5GHz or 5GHz.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/306555-notebook-wifi-works-home-but-not-hotspots.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I bought a copy of windows xp home retail back in Winxp Home no Disk works! longer Until now I have Winxp Home Disk no longer works! never had issues installing However MAGICALLY this time its all belly up for no apparent reason My original install disk has been messed up for some time However I have always been able to create a copy disk of it without issues that worked perfectly Now suddenly no matter what I do I get errors when trying to install I am using an old copy that I had made a few years ago - gt ERRORS I made more copies today from both the original disk and the copy - gt ERRORS I can do everything from within the setup utility partition format and setup for installation But as soon as it reboots and begins to install ERRORS Winxp Home Disk no longer works! The messed up thing is that I just installed a fresh copy on my SATA hard drive last week WITHOUT ERRRORS Now magically out of the blue I am trying to install a fresh copy on my IDE drive so I have bootable drives and suddenly my disks are F d up Is there anything I can do here I still have my CD-Key and everything just need to get a good of my disks Maybe there is a program that can make a good copy out of the messed up ones

A:Winxp Home Disk no longer works!

It may not be the XP CD.

What is the make and model of the computer?
How are the hard drives being "seen" in the BIOS?

Have you disconnected the sata drive and tried installing XP with just the IDE drive?
Is the IDE drive set to Master?

Bill

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/winxp-home-disk-no-longer-works-441890.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm searching for a tablet that will work with vista basic home...seems that the wacom bamboo or intuos will work but will disable some of the features...i don't need anything highend at the moment i just need a tablet that's suitable for illustration and will work on this vista basic...any suggestions?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/248557-graphics-tablet-works-vista-home.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I cannot run any word processor especially ms works word processore on xp
home edition. The computer will restart or give me error messages. Have been told I might have to reinstall microsoft xp. Any other suggestions?

A:xp home restarts when running works word

Hello and Welcome to

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-home-restarts-when-running-works-word.369829/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, My PC randomly connects and disconnects to the internet. The home network is always connected.

I did the following so far.

Reboot router
Ipconfig /all (see attached text)
ipconfig /release and renew
verified TCP/IPv4 set to automatic
I set address to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
I disabled Firewall to no avail

I have COX cable, Win7 Sp1, wireless, Router is Ubee Model #DVW326, Norton 360, Wireless adapter is Netgear model# WNDA4100

Relevancy 44.29%

I am creating a virtual machine using an OEM ISO I was able to secure, of XP Home. The license I've been using on my XP Home box does not work - setup informs me that it's an invalid license. I have also tried using a friend's key, which also failed to register as valid.

Attempts to use a key generator have come up with nothing, and my google skill apparently isn't strong enough to uncover any viable alternatives. What're my options to find a key to install with? Something's up when even legit keys don't work, and I'm at a loss.

A:Valid XP Home license no longer works

Unfortunately, XP is not licensed for use on Virtual Machines unless you buy a separate license for it.
Discussion on how to circumvent the licensing protection of software is not permitted on this site.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176484/valid-xp-home-license-no-longer-works/
Relevancy 44.29%

Environment: Both computes running Windows10 with Remote Assistance enabled for both.Error Message: A Remote Assistance connection could not be established.When I drive to my friend's condo and we are both connected to her Wi-Fi there are no problems viewing her desktop screen using Remote Assistance. So essentially we are on the same network.But if I try this from home or the Starbucks near where she lives, it doesn't work. (I am referring to accepting her request via email where she gives me the password to connect to her computer.)I am running Norton Security with Backup. So my first thought was FIREWALL settings. But after I went into Settings (for Norton Security) and disabled Smart Firewall, it did not help.Any ideas what other settings I could check?TIA.

A:Remote Assistance Only Works on Home Network

Thank goodness it doesn't work! You don't want anyone to have access using a wide open unsecured public network.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19985994
Relevancy 44.29%

Ever since getting DSL and networking two computers together I ve been unable to use Web mail from one of the computers It on not mail Web works dail-up but home network. surfs fine and can dod POP mail but my wife had to give up her Hotmail account because any click beyond the login page like to view the inbox would time out She still hasn t forgiven me Now she has Web mail works on dail-up but not home network. a need to be active in a Yahoo Group and she can Web mail works on dail-up but not home network. t use Yahoo mail or several of the posting and forum functions within the group My other computer can do everything fine and it is running XP and this was still on ME so I upgraded -- but it didn t fix the problem But here s something interesting -- everything works file if I dial into the Internet with this computer The problem only exists if I m using the home network on the DSL I ve gotten lots of advice -- allow pop-ups make sure Java and Javascript are enable I even downloaded the latest versions and I ve checked HOSTS to see if there s an entry related to Yahoo nope The latest suggestion was to switch ports between the computer that works right and the one that doesn t No change Any ideas would be appreciated - Steve nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-mail-works-on-dail-up-but-not-home-network.391587/
Relevancy 44.29%

So Im doing my history homework, and have two pages worth of information. I go downstairs for a snack, and when I come up, error report! So Im unable to copy, cut save, or anything like that. Is there anyway I can get my lost info back. I realize it wasn't that much, butId like to get it as well as future problems back.

And yes the moral of the story is constant saving.

A:temp question - Microsoft Works (Win XP home)

If the application crashed it "may" have left a temp file behind. Not sure if Works does however.

Use search and look for all files created from the time you started the document. Possibly in your "My documents" tree in a temporary files folder. But look for all files anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/temp-question-microsoft-works-win-xp-home.276209/
Relevancy 43.86%

I tried uninstalling ie7 and using ie6 - still not working
I reinstalled ie7 - Still not working
Firefox can get to everything so it is not a network problem.

I cleared the cahch and deleted all temp internet files. I also ran a malware remover. I disabled and re-enabled my firewall- still no luck
Please help!!

A:IE7 does not work but firefox works perfectly.

How is it now working?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-does-not-work-but-firefox-works-perfectly-200048.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I posted this on the Vista board without getting any replies http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/1058318-code-runs-window-7-wont.html

Anyone able to make some suggestions as to why it works perfectly on Win 7 desktop but not on laptop with Vista?

Pedro

A:Code that works on Win 7 does not work on Vista

You did get a reply and it was less than 24 hours after the original posting. Please do not start more than one thread for the same issue. I've closed this thread and moved the other one over to the Business Applications forum.

If you don't receive a reply within 24 hours (NOT before) you can post a reply with the word "bump" that will bump your thread back up to the top where it's more likely to be seen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/code-that-works-on-win-7-does-not-work-on-vista.1058404/
Relevancy 43.86%

Just to let you guys know, I'm new so forgive any mistakes.

The title says it all.

I get a replacement GPU (GT240) because my first GPU stopped working. The first time I install the card, nothing comes up on the monitor so I plug my D-Sub cable back into my integrated graphics. I download the new drivers. I restart my computer and what do you know my gpu works. All this was done at night by the way. The next day when I wake up, I turn on my computer. Nothing appears on my screen. I still have D-Sub plugged into my gpu. On the monitor it says "no signal".

I should enough power. I have a 450w Corsair PSU.
My first GPU (actually second) was a GIGABYTE GT 240 1GB DDR3
The replacement is an ASUS (they didn't have another GIGABYTE card) GT 240 1GB DDR3

A:New Graphics, Works Once, Doesn't Work Again!

Uninstall all existing drivers and display devices in device manager and add or remove programs. Download driver sweeper and run in windows normal and safe mode. Reinsert new graphics card and go to nvidia's website to download newest drivers.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-graphics-works-once-doesnt-work-again.145652/