Windows Support Forum

Computer keeps freezing - Fault Bucket

Q: Computer keeps freezing - Fault Bucket

Hi Been having problems with this computer for a couple of weeks now Whenever I am playing a game there is a good chance that it will randomly freeze and lock up the entire system requiring a restart Windows Error Reporting gives Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket type amp x d amp x a Event Name ServiceHang amp x d amp x a Response Not available amp x d amp x a Cab Id amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a Problem signature amp x d amp x a P KService amp x d amp x a P KService exe quot amp x d amp Computer keeps freezing - Fault Bucket x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp Computer keeps freezing - Fault Bucket x a P amp x Computer keeps freezing - Fault Bucket d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a Attached files amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a These files Computer keeps freezing - Fault Bucket may be available here amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a Analysis symbol amp x d amp x a Rechecking for solution amp x d amp x a Report Id b e - d - df-a a- d fd d amp x d amp x a Report Status Anyone shed some light on how to fix the accursed thing nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer keeps freezing - Fault Bucket

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer keeps freezing - Fault Bucket

Kservice.exe is a P2P service installed by Sky Broadband and others for streaming video. If you don't know what kservice.exe is, you probably don't need it. See if this helps: http://www.opinionatedgeek.com/Blog/blogentry=000175/BlogEntry.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-freezing-fault-bucket.937672/
Relevancy 79.12%

Occasionally, when trying to fix a computer, I encounter this term.

Windows error reporting states I don't have to worry about it, but the problem persists.

RF123

A:what is a fault bucket?

A fault bucket identification number is a number assigned by the system to identify specific types of errors usually this correlates to problems showing in the Event Viewer.
Also this identifcation number is what is used by Microsoft in order to identify a particular program error when you send an error report.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-a-fault-bucket.446088/
Relevancy 79.12%

WinXP Home Sp-1

Sometimes, not always, when opening My Computer or Windows Explorer, it crashes. The App error log reports: explorer.exe version 6.0.2800.1221 has errored in faulting module ntdll.dll version 5.1.2600.1106 Fault address 0x00002109. It seems this ntdll.dll is the root.

Another error is logged: Fault bucket 50940626

1. As anyone experienced this?

2. Recently renamed the computer but, the original name still appears in Win Explorer as a folder. Only one user on this machine. Could this be it?

3. Do I ned to change the old name everywhere in the registry?

4. Should I just do an XP repair?

A:Fault Bucket

try running
sfc /scannow
don't miss the space after the c

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fault-bucket.155508/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have had a Bit Torrent client "" Deluge "" crash on me 6 times today. On half of the crashes the Event viewer said it was

Fault Bucket 1205604003

Google doesn't have much to say about Fault Buckets.

Any help here?

Thanks

A:Fault Bucket???

As I understand it...fault buckets are basically program debug mistakes which cause the system/program to crash.See http://phorums.com.au/archive/index.php/t-210235.htmlWhen it happens on my system, I just assume that the program has damaged files, needs updating, or needs reinstalling. If it's a known program that I can't update and which I know has a history of being troublesome, I just ignore the error...since the resolution would probably involve removing the program.If I had a large number of these, due to the same application...I would remove the program permanently.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/264547/fault-bucket/
Relevancy 79.12%

Does anyone know what these mean:
0x1a_3452_nt!MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet+2fb,type0 (This has occurred on my computer 13 times from January until today 11/3/2012)
PAGE_NOT_ZERO,type 0
ZEROED_STACK, type 0
0x24_Ntfs!NtfsFreeSnapshots ForFeb+c0, type 0

And there are MANY, MANY more. I didn't know about looking at the events to see the errors that I had sent. I just found out about that today. And so, we haven't done it in a while. Do I have a serious problem?
Thank you for any help!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298592-fault-bucket.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello,

I have a XP computer with SP2 that is getting a Fault Bucket error 126637809 when Internet Exploder hangs. Does anybody know how to resolve this issue?

-Sue

A:Fault Bucket Error

Run HiJackthis and post your log here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/fault-bucket-error-372217.html
Relevancy 77.4%

i went and looked up the event id on the web and they said to dowload the latest nvidia driver.... which one??? the event log says that i have an application error 1001 and the description says it is the fault bucket. HELP!

A:nvidia driver for fault bucket?

ms had the latest certified drivers on windows update

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-driver-for-fault-bucket.144419/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all,

I have Windows 32bit Vista Home Basic on a Compaq Presario V6000.

I am usually getting the following error after an hour or so after the laptop is turned on. The screen simply goes black and no response after that. All i can do is to hard boot again. I got this description from the event viewer tool in vista.

Fault bucket 0xD1_VRF_epfwtdi+3e71, type 0
Event Name: BlueScreen
Response: Microsoft Windows Error Reporting
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1:
P2:
P3:
P4:
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini070309-01.dmp
C:\Users\hello\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-65130-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\hello\AppData\Local\Temp\WER63B1.tmp.version.txt

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Report0afa1ffe

Thank you for any help!

A:Fault bucket 0xD1_VRF_epfwtdi+3e71, type 0

Please go to the C:\Windows\Minidump directory and zip up the contents of that folder. Then upload the .zip file in your next post. We'll have a look at the dmp files and will see if that gives us any information.

Have you checked to ensure that the laptop fans are running? Have you blown out the vents with compressed air (don't us a vacuum or an air compressor - it'll damage the components)?

Have you recently changed anything on the system? Do you recall anything unusual that stands out in your mind?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/235320-fault-bucket-0xd1_vrf_epfwtdi-3e71-type-0-a.html
Relevancy 76.54%

My computer is a Microsoft Vista Home Premium Service Pack with AMD Athlon Dual Core Processors It is my Bucket Drivers Blue and Fault Screens, first computer I have developed repeated blue screens most of a general nature some mentioning drivers In my Problem Report section it tells me there is a driver problem I Blue Screens, Drivers and Fault Bucket have followed each of HP steps Blue Screens, Drivers and Fault Bucket to try to remedy the problem This includes multiple hours on the phone Blue Screens, Drivers and Fault Bucket with HPtech support including a full recovery When I was directed to the Event Viewer and followed some steps I obtained a faault bucket which is Oxc E VRF-TfFsMon d IDI Oea dbf-O When I came to Microsoft Knowledgebases I expected to find a table to which I could match my fault bucket and finally determine what is the problem with drivers and or which driver is problematic I can nothing like that Can anyone intrepret the code or refer me to some reference that would allow me to do so Thank you for your time and willingness to help

A:Blue Screens, Drivers and Fault Bucket

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debu...-analysis.html
http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debu...d-problem.html

How-to: WinDbg Analysis Report

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/281052-blue-screens-drivers-fault-bucket.html
Relevancy 75.68%

When playing battlefield and sometimes in other games like SC and MW it will either crash the computer crash to desktop or BSOD This is the data pulled from BSOD playing Fault 3, bucket battlefield type , 0 the event viewer Fault bucket type Event Name BlueScreen Response Not BSOD playing battlefield 3, Fault bucket , type 0 available Cab Id Problem signature P P P P P P P P P P Attached files C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Hugh AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml These files may be available here C BSOD playing battlefield 3, Fault bucket , type 0 Users Hugh AppData Local Microsoft Windows WER ReportArchive Kernel cab d c Analysis symbol Rechecking for solution Report Id - - Report Status I have just upgraded my computer to with Asrock Fatal ty Z professional gen G skill ripjaws X F gig X ASUS Radeon HD DirectCU II GB in crossfire i k w antec pro psu Windows home premium bit OEM Purchased the mobo cpu and RAM about weeks ago and the two gpu's days ago with the psu I think the crashes BSOD started when i installed the cpu mobo and ram but where less frequent than they are now with my new gpus I bought a new HDD and installed windows from scratch days ago when i put in the GPUs Any help would be much appreciated

A:BSOD playing battlefield 3, Fault bucket , type 0

crashed with a different faulting module. Faulting module name: atidxx32.dll, version: 8.17.10.401, time stamp: 0x4ea768a3. Does it mean its related to my graphics maybe?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/201959-bsod-playing-battlefield-3-fault-bucket-type-0-a.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Keep getting this event fault bucket about one time Viewer Fault Event Bucket in Windows Strange per day and I've found little information Strange Fault Bucket in Windows Event Viewer about it on google Also posted on Strange Fault Bucket in Windows Event Viewer the official Microsoft forums with little help No idea what is causing this problem since the problem Strange Fault Bucket in Windows Event Viewer signature information is so cryptic The error is logged about one time per day but I don't notice any instability issues as a result It bugs me that this keeps happening and I'd like to fix it I'm using a asus g jx which I upgraded to windows from the windows store I have received no BSoD and don't have system instability issues so far I stress tested the system for about hours running prime and battlefield with no errors Ran a few passes of Microsoft Memory diagnostic for about hours Ran Memtest for about hours Play bf on ultra settings without issues Checked system temperatures amp voltages without issue I'm running the WHQL windows drivers and have been watching event viewer like a hawk but this annoying error has me stumped Fault bucket - type Event Name AEAPPINVW Response Not available Cab Id Problem signature P P P P P P P P P P Attached files These files may be available here Analysis symbol Rechecking for solution Report Id b aeac - cdc- e -bea -d e b c Report Status Hashed bucket c ac ca d e cebf de f lt Event xmlns quot quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Windows Error Reporting quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt ANewPC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt - lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt AEAPPINVW lt Data gt lt Data gt Not available lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt b aeac - cdc- e -bea -d e b c lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt c ac ca d e cebf de f lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt This may be unrelated but about once a day a bunch of scheduled windows tasks run and this error occurs at the exact same time so I think it's related to the underlying operating system According to the scheduled tasks they all complete successfully except for this one Task Scheduler gt Microsoft gt Windows gt MemoryDiagnostic contains two scheduled events ProcessMemoryDiagnosticEvents Ready Multiple Triggers defined Last run time when the error occurred Last Run Result The operator or administrator has refused the request x E seems odd that it was refused quot run with highest privileges is checked quot It says it will only be triggered by event ID and RunFullMemoryDiagnostic Ready LastRun when the error occurred The Operation completed successfully x Why would operation fail but operation succeed This also may be unrelated but this happens as well Usually the five esent events that are logged don't have this error occur in between more in a moment event ESENT svchost Instance The database engine is starting a new instance event ESENT svchost Instance The database engine started a new instance Time seconds Internal Timing Sequence event ESENT svchost Instance The database engine attached a database C ProgramData Microsoft Windows AppRepository PackageRepository edb Time seconds Internal Timing Sequence Saved Cache THE ERROR IS LOGGED usually at the exact same time or a few seconds after the first esent messages above are logged Under system gt Time-Service it also syncs around this time and some Kernel-general messages are logged as well about re-organizing data but appear successful and informationa... Read more

A:Strange Fault Bucket in Windows Event Viewer

In Task Scheduler (taskschd.msc), delete all Customer Experience Improvement Program entries.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39650-strange-fault-bucket-windows-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I HAVE ATLEAST 3,000 OF THESE WINDOWS AUTOMATIC UPDATE THAT HAPPEN IN THE EARLY AM AND THEIR ALL IN SYSTEM INFORMATION UNDER SOFTWARE ENVIROMENT I HAVE A DELL LATITUDE D830 2009 EDITION COMPUTER FOR CHRISTMAS I WILL BUY A NEW COMPUTER. ANYWAY I WANTED
TO SEE IF I CAN DELETE THEM BECAUSE I CANT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING. BUT UNDER SYSTEM INFORMATION THEIRS NO DELETE. PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN  THANK YOU  STEVE LARKIN  [email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c7b8b92b-3b58-4014-a969-0cfb52cc07f6/windows-err-fault-bucket-715935150type-5ampampx000dampampx000aevent?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 73.96%

I had to do a system recovery a week ago. Ever since then computer constantly Freezes and Crashes.
HP Pavillion Slimline s5713w, with Windows 7 Home Premium x64, SP-1.
Went to System Info: many Drivers are listed as "critical"
Went to Windows Error reporting: many "Fault bucket" (including: blue screen, AppCrash)
I think I need to wipe the whole thing out and start over???
Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384983-freezes-crashes-sys-drivers-critical-windows-fault-bucket-reports.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello Im getting this error when i am playing a game at spesific times Note DxDiag has no problems found with my graphic cards etc Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket type amp x d amp x a Event Name BlueScreen amp x d amp x a Response Not available amp x d amp x a Cab Id amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a Problem signature amp x d amp x Windows Na fault bucket 0 
Event Error type a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P Windows Error fault bucket type 0 
Event Na amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a Attached files amp x d amp x a C Windows Minidump - - dmp amp x d amp x a C Users Makispap AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml amp x d amp x a C Windows MEMORY DMP amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a These files may be available here amp x d amp x a C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER ReportArchive Kernel cab b cd d amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a Analysis symbol amp x d amp x a Rechecking for solution amp x d amp x a Report Id - - amp x d amp x a Report Status amp x d amp x a Hashed bucket Waiting for your answer thanks in advance

A:Windows Error fault bucket type 0 
Event Na

it's the blue screen of death crash(BSOD). the game might have got corrupted or been improper from the origin, try uninstalling and installing again with latest patch and updates for your game's version.hope it helps

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/27138-windows-error-fault-bucket-type-0-event-na.html
Relevancy 64.93%

please help im at my wits end I bought a new but cheap computer and for the first month it worked fine but menders by computer freezing found but please help, keeps no fault all of a sudden the screen went blank on me one day since then it either doesnt work at all or it only works for about half an hour before the screen freezes goes blank grey pink green or yellow if I restart the comp sometimes the screen comes on for a few seconds then goes blank and sometimes it just does nothing and says no signal I have tried another screen but it does the same I please help, computer keeps freezing but no fault found by menders took it to the computer menders and they had it on running for full days and could find no fault whatsoever however when I got it back it worked for about mins then the screen went blank followed by lots of restarts and blank screens Does please help, computer keeps freezing but no fault found by menders anybody have any suggestions as to what the please help, computer keeps freezing but no fault found by menders problem could be as it is driving me bonkers could it be because it's very near to the sky box it's just wierd that at the computer shop it worked fine Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks Lynz

A:please help, computer keeps freezing but no fault found by menders

Hi and welcome to TSF

If it were mine I would be taking it back and getting it replaced. Your sky+ box should have nothing to do with it.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/please-help-computer-keeps-freezing-but-no-fault-found-by-menders-473266.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I have recently built my own PC but when im using it It constantly freezes for about - seconds then it works again but it Fault) for (Hardware short Computer time a Freezing keeps doing it and the Hard Drive light stays on during the Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault) freeze and when it starts flashing the computer starts Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault) working again Some people say I go too fast but I only run one program at a time Also it is a gaming computer so it should be able to cope can anyone tell me what is causing this to freeze Also It takes ages for something to install on the computer My system specs are P K Premium Motherbaord BFG GTX Graphics Card GB Reaper GB DDR RAM TB Spinpoint F Hard Drive W Coolermaster Power Supply Pioneer Blu-Ray Reader Drive Q GHz Porcessor Vista Ultimate -bit One of these is slowing my computer down badly but I dont know which one I have a feeling it could be the Hard Drive because of the Slow Installations and freezes and also the light being on when it does but im not sure nbsp

A:Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault)

Identical problem here.. hard drive light goes solid and pc just stops for 1 min, still able to move the mouse cursor but cannot slect anything or alt-tab etc. Any alt tab or double clicking is cached up and then all fired off at once when the minute freeze is up.

I'm pretty certain now it's down to my Asus P5K-E motherboard (which is what I assume the original poster has)

I'm looking towards M/Board now as I have swapped drives and changed CPU from Q6600 to Q8200 also switched from Vista 32bit to Win7 64bit and still get the issue.

I alleviated it for a while by switching my SATA 300 drive down to 150 mode by setting the jumpers.

Have flashed the P5K to the latest bios with no joy.

Full specs are..
Q8200 Quad
Asus P5K-E Wifi Premium
500GB Samsung SATA300
4GB Ram
lightscribe 20x DVDRW
Sony Bluray Drive (installed after problem had already appeared)
2 x ATI HD3870's in crossfire config.
Windows 7 64bit / WinXP dual boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing-for-a-short-time-hardware-fault.127246/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I wonder if anyone can give me advice I am currently using windows with a nividia graphics card and ASUS N motherboard which I believe is made for HP however windows keeps randomly freezing this happens in win I keeps find appreciated to freezing? idea's fault Computer have also tried a fresh installation of XP And vista and the same thing happens it simply locks no blue screens errors etc so hard reboot needed I have taken all insides out and re pasted the processor chip amd quad core I have done tests on the hard drive Computer keeps freezing? idea's to fault find appreciated and hard disc I dont think it is an overheating problem well sure its not the graphics card did go through a noisy fan stage however has been cleaned and was doing it before the freezing started and now appears to work fine Anyway I Computer keeps freezing? idea's to fault find appreciated have no idea what is wrong with it any help would be appreciated or idea s on how or Computer keeps freezing? idea's to fault find appreciated what to fault find next to remedy Thanks in advance Adam nbsp

A:Computer keeps freezing? idea's to fault find appreciated

Please post complete specs of the system in question including PSU type/model etc.

Stress test your graphic card with OCCT, and RAM with memtest (you can find it in techspot's download section). Run minimum of 8 passes on each individual RAM Module.

Also ensure that your RAM's specs are correctly set in BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-keeps-freezing-ideas-to-fault-find-appreciated.154465/
Relevancy 51.17%

hi i have updated to windows and recently i fault freezing/hanging, slow my not performance, Momentary have having a lot of problems with how slowly my computer is running Momentary freezing/hanging, slow performance, not my fault May i say I have spent a lot and I mean a lot of time trying to fix this problem and I know it has nothing to do with disk space viruses or Momentary freezing/hanging, slow performance, not my fault drivers this is has been messing with my network adapter and has been giving me gateway accessibility problems even though there is nothing wrong with my connection proof being that if i diagnose the problem in my adapter it resets the adapter just to have the same problem later until reset it again and the connection and all my devices is fine this problem includes a momentary cursor pause at random times that only effects my trackpad if i plug a mouse in it works while my track pad is non functional this can last from anywhere from usually - minutes until my trackpad becomes functional again im not even getting quot not responding quot messages when it when it freezes at random times i just have to wait until i hear that chime that sound like it comes from an information box then everything goes back to slow again and barely functional this problem includes playing media being that when i play media it takes anywhere from - minutes before it starts playing this media can be from playing music and videos on my hard drive to videos on youtube when i start up my computer it works fine for a bit like - minutes then starts being slow again with sending information to execute actions mainly media actions i even get a lot of loading issues on skype even more to my conviction that its the operating system causing the problem is the fact i had my computer working normally for a week at random just with the gateway connectivity but all files i excuted in the times quickly like they were supposed then with another boot sometime later it went back to being slow again theres a lot of grammar problems errors whatever i know bare with me i wrote this at am in the morning its now and im too lazy to go through but you can get the idea of what im saying please help thank you

A:Momentary freezing/hanging, slow performance, not my fault

Bump, please help

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/50083-momentary-freezing-hanging-slow-performance-not-my-fault.html
Relevancy 48.16%

purchaed new HP lap top and are having problem with error code Bucket ID: 111712637
also in error report is :Service HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service hung on starting.
Can you help

A:Bucket ID: 111712637

Welcome to TSF

Is this laptop still under warranty?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bucket-id-111712637-a-295772.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently ran a couple firewall tests, shields up and auditmypc etc. They're both coming up with a port that's open. I think they called it Tram. It says this port is commonly used for trojans. But my biggest concern is that it is open and I would like to shut it. I have searched my firewall completely for port control options and cannot find the solution anywhere. It also said that my computer responded to Ping (ICMP Echo) Requests. Buy my firewall says that this is blocked, so I do not know how it is still responding. If anyone has had any similar experiences with these firewall test sites, because I don't know if it is my computer or the sites themselves. Please feel free to envelope me in the answer to my frustration.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/205933-hole-my-bucket.html
Relevancy 47.3%

AVIRA team accepted the ice bucket challenge from G Data, and they challenged AVG, Kaspersky, and Avast to do the same.....enjoy!!!

A:Avira Ice Bucket Challenge

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152266485235636

Gdata

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-ice-bucket-challenge.32844/
Relevancy 47.3%

Bucket ID: 111712637 I keep having this error , is there a solution ?? Thanks a lot for your time..
Saludos
PT

A:[SOLVED] Bucket ID: 111712637

Hi -

We're going to need a little bit more information; there should be extra text - we could use a screen grab.

Saluti . . .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-bucket-id-111712637-a-379524.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Get a load of this. I rebooted my computer this evening, got a message that one app was still running that was keeping it from rebooting. Reboot anyway? Indeed and only to get an exciting blue screen with three options. One was F8 which did nothing and the Escape which puts me into the BIOS.
When I go into Advance, I see a SATA Mode Selection. Hitting the Enter button, I see AHC1 is presently highlighted. There are two other options, one being IDE and the other RAID. Should I select one of those or do you feel my SSD has totally gone to pieces?

A:Samsung SSD appears to have kicked the bucket

The SATA mode selection should be set to AHCI, unless you have more then one SSD or HDD in a RAID Array then you would choose RAID. IDE is for the older IDE HDD's and running older OS's like XP.
In the Bios, on the Main screen it should list your Drives by manufacturer on your computer. Is your SSD showing in the Bios? If not, the drive may have become unplugged. Check the SATA data cable is plugged in tightly to the SSD and to the motherboard SATA port 1. And the power plug from the PSU is still plugged in tight to the back of the SSD. Make sure the SATA port is Enabled in the Bios. Try a different Data cable, try a different Power Plug from the PSU, try a different SATA port on the motherboard.
You also can remove the SSD and attach it to a USB Adapter, Dock or Enclosure with a power adapter. To see if it is recognized on another computer.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/55507-samsung-ssd-appears-have-kicked-bucket.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a free private registration at PhotoBucket, . .

And uploaded an MPV but when I download it back to my PC

It is now an MPEG-4 Movie and needs MS plug-ins etc.

Problem I don't want that, . . where is my MPV download

since it ask for choice before the download.

Anybody know how this can be done ?

A:Photo Bucket Video Download is Mpeg-4

Jove, have you researched PB Help? If you can't find an answer there, click on the Ask A Question tab and fire away.PhotoBucket Help and SupportRosie

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439736/photo-bucket-video-download-is-mpeg-4/
Relevancy 46.01%

I ve been getting a lot of error messages lately on my desktop Dell XPS running Vista I ve run several anti-virus amp Malware programs but they have come up clean Errors include corrupted files application error and on reboot the file system wasn t working I ran Mini Toolbox and will post the log here Any help hard virus bucket is my to I'm infected about with kick sure or drive Not a the would be greatly appreciated MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by John administrator on - - at Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set quot Reset IE Proxy Settings quot IE Proxy Settings were reset FF Proxy Settings quot Reset FF Proxy Settings quot Firefox Proxy settings were reset Hosts content localhost localhost IP Configuration Broadcom g Network Adapter Wireless Network Connection Connected Intel reg DC- Gigabit Network Connection Local Area Connection Media disconnected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global icmpredirects enabled popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name MY-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Not sure I'm infected with a virus or my hard drive is about to kick the bucket Physical Address - E- C- D- E- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ee e ef e f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday June AM Lease Expires Wednesday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-F -B - - - D- - B- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel reg DC- Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address - D- - B- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c f fe a Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c f fe a Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-F -B - - - D- - B- - NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E - - D F- C D- F D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D C -C EE- B - A E- A A DDC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Server vdns srv hcvlny cv net Address DNS request timed out timeout was seconds Name google com Addresses Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Server vdns srv hcvlny cv net Address DNS request timed out timeout was seconds Name yahoo com Addresses Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Server vdns srv hcvlny cv net Address DNS request timed out timeout was seconds Name bleepingcomputer com Address Pinging bleepingcomputer com with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss... Read more

A:Not sure I'm infected with a virus or my hard drive is about to kick the bucket

Hello, the ESET online scan was also clean?Please download TDSSKiller.zip and and extract it.Run TDSSKiller.exe. Click on Change Parameters Put a check in the box of Detect TDLFS file system Click Start scan.When it is finished the utility outputs a list of detected objects with description.
The utility automatically selects an action (Cure or Delete) for malicious objects.
The utility prompts the user to select an action to apply to suspicious objects (Skip, by default). Let the options as it is and click ContinueLet reboot if needed and tell me if the tool needed a reboot.Click on Report and post the contents of the text file that will open.

Note: By default, the utility outputs the log into system disk (it is usually the disk with installed operating system, C:\) root folder. The Log have a name like: TDSSKiller.Version_Date_Time_log.txt.[/lis

Please download aswMBR ( 511KB ) to your desktop.
[list]Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run itClick the Scan button to start the scanOn completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456011/not-sure-im-infected-with-a-virus-or-my-hard-drive-is-about-to-kick-the-bucket/
Relevancy 45.15%

what is:

windows cannot find

http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/...4409c27f&LCID=1033&OS=5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0
How do I fix it?
Is it genuine?

thanks

A:what is: http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/resredir.aspx?s id=10&bucket=0x50_nt!ExFre

Can you be more specific to be frank your post does not make any sense???Are you getting bluscreen errors?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-http-wer-microsoft-com-responses-resredir-aspx-sid-10-bucket-0x50_nt-exfre.1057251/
Relevancy 44.72%

I bought a new iPod 6th Generation .. and I came home to connect it to my computer.. My computer did not see it there on none of my USB's... I made sure the USB are updated in Device Manager. So then I go and connect it to my MA's computer, (Also Windows 7) and her computer recognizes it and displays a bubble saying its installing drivers.. and it was recognized in her iTunes as well and I restored it.. Well.. My computer has all my 1,000 songs.. so I need it to work here... I don't understand and as you can imagine it is very frustrating..

I really think its my computers problem because my ma's computer see it just fine.. Help? (:

A:Computer does not recognize iPod 6th gen Think its My computer's Fault

Suggestion?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/188477-computer-does-not-recognize-ipod-6th-gen-think-its-my-computers-fault.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently built my first PC three days ago Specs i bloomfield processor x vengeance ram crosair hx PSU evga x ftw mobo hd radeon graphics xfx When Newly and freezing freezing built starting on random windows computer I first installed windows it Newly built computer random freezing and freezing on starting windows started to work just fine but I soon noticed that it would randomly freeze every - minutes of use but not on a particular program or anything I assumed it was drivers so I installed the latest drivers for my GPU and MOBO and keyboard It seemed fine again until it started crashing again I ran a GPU burn test and a CPU burn test it passed both I tried runing memtest but it froze at like Then I tried fixing the registry so I downloaded ccleaner and fixed the registry problems Freezes continued I finally decided to re install windows so I did and the problems still continued I am at a loss of what to do and can't think of anything else any advice would be appreciated if not I will bring to a repair shop and have them sort it out

A:Newly built computer random freezing and freezing on starting windows

Hello Skytri and welcome to Seven Forums. My usual disclaimer: I'm not at expert at anything.

I'm wondering if there isn't a RAM problem. Perhaps one of the sticks wasn't seated properly, etc. You could open Resource Monitor > Memory tab and make sure all RAM is being recognized. Make sure Installed = 16384MB and the Available + Cached + Hardware Reserved is the same amount. (You are using 16GB total, correct?)

Resource Monitor

If Memtest freezes you could try a quick check for a bad RAM module. Install one stick in Slot # 1 (or whichever slot the mobo manual says to use.) Run the computer to test for freezes. Test each of the remaining sticks one at a time. If all 4 sticks work you might want to go through these troubleshooting guides. They are time consuming but many people have been able to isolate their computer problems.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/247213-newly-built-computer-random-freezing-freezing-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

I'm going to post two different scenarios that happens when my computer needs a hard restart
My computer freezes completely (literally no movement on the screen or anything, it's not slow it's frozen). And an extremely loud buzzing sound comes out of my headphones or speakers.The same thing as above except without the loud buzzing noise.

I saw that this happened to someone else who had both the speakers and the headphones plugged in at the same time. However, scenario #2 just happened to me 10 minutes ago even though I only had my headphones plugged in.

I built this computer six months ago and it's the first computer I've ever built. I assume it's a driver issue but I can't really pinpoint the problem since no BSOD appears on the screen and I have no higher computer knowledge.

I'm attaching the zip file required.

Thanks,

A:Random Computer Freezing - Need to hard restart after freezing No BSOD

Wow, this sounds like the same thing that happened to a friend of mine when his hard drive was failing. Replaced the drive and the freezes went away. Even the buzzing noise.

Also you may need to look at what drivers you may have just install/updated.

Hoping you don't have any failing hardware "Motherboard, video card, etc". Those are expensive

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/42255-random-computer-freezing-need-hard-restart-after-freezing-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

I'm going to post two different scenarios that happens when my computer needs a hard restart
My computer freezes completely (literally no movement on the screen or anything, it's not slow it's frozen). And an extremely loud buzzing sound comes out of my headphones or speakers.The same thing as above except without the loud buzzing noise.

I saw that this happened to someone else who had both the speakers and the headphones plugged in at the same time. However, scenario #2 just happened to me 10 minutes ago even though I only had my headphones plugged in.

I built this computer six months ago and it's the first computer I've ever built. I assume it's a driver issue but I can't really pinpoint the problem since no BSOD appears on the screen and I have no higher computer knowledge.

I'm attaching the zip file required.

Thanks,

A:Random Computer Freezing - Need to hard restart after freezing No BSOD

Wow, this sounds like the same thing that happened to a friend of mine when his hard drive was failing. Replaced the drive and the freezes went away. Even the buzzing noise.

Also you may need to look at what drivers you may have just install/updated.

Hoping you don't have any failing hardware "Motherboard, video card, etc". Those are expensive

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/42255-random-computer-freezing-need-hard-restart-after-freezing-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I m having an issue with my computer My computer has started to restart freeze up on me The thing is it has graphical issues once it freezes tries to reboot I get all these lines through the screen graphical glitches when trying to go through the BIOS etc The computer isn t too slow it isn t acting strange the only thing that is wrong is the obvious freezing restarting with graphical lines and glitches once it freezes My video card has been going out for a long time I share a computer with a few people and they seem to think the video card is ok but I have always seen small glitches in graphics here and there so I am thinking maybe this might be a problem given the graphical glitches the horizontal lines going through the screen once it freezes When it hits the BIOS it sometimes shows these same lines with the screen going mostly black Solved: Computer glitchs Freezing/freezing/graphical System specs are CPU - Core Duo speed I don t remember Video Card - Geforce GT mb Ram - GB DDR Motherboard - Asus P N-E SLI I got this computer a few years back and I am not one to keep updated with specs or talk about them often so I have forgotten the speed of the CPU and I do not know if I am missing information for you guys Solutions I Solved: Computer Freezing/freezing/graphical glitchs have tried Overheating - I used air to filter out all dust dirt that might be there to harm the computer I have plenty of fans in there etc Any and all help will be appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Computer Freezing/freezing/graphical glitchs

If you're getting graphical 'glitches' while in bios, that's usually a good sign that your graphics card is having issues - however, I have seen this happen with faulty ram. I'd recommend reseating the cards (ensure your computer is off and unplugged whilst doing so) and see if that helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-freezing-freezing-graphical-glitchs.809769/
Relevancy 44.29%

My Computer for the past two weeks and sometimes on and off had suddenly becaame it freeze alot when HiJackThis! But Freezing; Computer I Log File. have Down. Slowing mostly freezing. my starting jukebox or just simple programs like internet explorer I would highly appriciate someone looking at my log file and replying Thanks Alot Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system svchost Computer Freezing; Slowing Down. But mostly freezing. I have my HiJackThis! Log File. exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Java j re bin jucheck exe C Program Files DIGStream Computer Freezing; Slowing Down. But mostly freezing. I have my HiJackThis! Log File. digstream exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Plaxo PlaxoHelper exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C PROGRA MUSICM Common COMPON MMCOMP EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ebay com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ebay com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer actsvr comcastonline com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride actsvr comcastonline com R - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO CNisExtBho Class - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - To... Read more

A:Computer Freezing; Slowing Down. But mostly freezing. I have my HiJackThis! Log File.

I don't see anything in your log or your description of your problem to come to the conclusion that your problem is malware related. When there is malware present there will always be other internet related symptoms like popups or a browser hijack etc...

I will advise you to uninstall Microsoft Anti-Spyware as the version you have is very old and no longer supported. It in now called Windows Defender.

Here are some routine maintenance practices that you should do on a regular basis to keep your machine running efficiently. Go through this now and see if it helps:

Disk Cleanup:

http://www.theeldergeek.com/disk_cleanup_utility.htm

Defrag your HD:

http://artsweb.bham.ac.uk/artsit/Info/Guides/GoodPractice/defrag-win2kxp.htm

Run chkdsk:

To use Chkdsk, click Start and My Computer. Right-click the hard drive you want to check, and click Properties. Select the Tools tab and click Check Now. Check both boxes. Click Start. You'll get a message that the computer must be rebooted to run a complete check. Click Yes and reboot. Chkdsk will take awhile, so run it when you don't need to use the computer for something else.

Remove unnecessary startups

This should be done through the System Configuration Utility. Go to Start > Run and type in msconfig.
Click OK or hit the Enter key.

Click on the "Startup" tab and remove the check by the items that you have determined are unnecessary. Click "Apply" then "Close"

You will be prompted to restart. Go ahead and restart.

Upon restart you will be confronted with a dialogue box warning about running in selective startup. Just ignore that message and put a check in the box by "Don't show me this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" and click "OK". You will not be bothered by the message again.

Keep in mind that some entries will be re-enabled in the startups each time you use that particular program. Therefore, you will have to find the option in that programs preferences that says something like "Load with Windows" or "Run when Windows Starts" and disable that option.

Go here for info on msconfig:

http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_index.htm

You can look up the startups at the following links to help determine what is needed and what is not:

http://computercops.biz/StartupList.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/

http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm

http://www.windowsstartup.com/wso/browse.php?l=8&start=50&end=75

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezing-slowing-down-but-mostly-freezing-i-have-my-hijackthis-log-file.519226/
Relevancy 44.29%

it used to work fine then about a week ago it started to freeze. i thought it had a virus so i tried to run a scan and it just froze again. i went on it again today and it is still freezing, i ran windows malicious software removal tool and it didnt find anything. When it freezes i have to restart it incorrectly then it comes up with a thing and asks if i want to start StartUp Repair. I do this, its fine, then freezes again and the cycle returns. Please help. I'm really worried.

it is vista. compaq presario C700

also the inbuilt microphone on it doesnt work anymore either if that is related.

A:Computer Freezing Repeatedly and Doing StartUp Repair but then freezing etc.

T:
Hello.

Personally, I think you should click on the "report" link of your post and ask the moderator to move your thread to the malware removal forum, to be certain that the malware is gone.

Be sure to read

http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/622404-please-read-here-first-before.html

and http://forums.techguy.org/general-security/603619-please-read-before-posting-forum.html

It is possible that the programs you listed have missed a nasty piece of malware.

Be sure to read http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/622404-please-read-here-first-before.html .
RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezing-repeatedly-and-doing-startup-repair-but-then-freezing-etc.804322/
Relevancy 43.86%

My computer has begun to restart itself every time I turn it on. Sometimes it waits until I get into windows and sometimes its while its booting up. Does any one have any suggestions on what could be causing this problem? Thanks!

A:Restarting computer, not fault of XP?

Hi

Faulty OS,
Faulty PSU
Faulty Board.

Check the board capacitors for any that look bubbled on the top and rusty marks on them, sure sign they are failing.

Swap out the PSU.

Press F8 after the PC Post screen and before the XP logo and from the menu choose safemode and see if it restarts in that. If it doesn't its definately an OS fault, if it does refer to above.

Remove all devices apart from one stick of memory and the VGA card and the bootable drive, now see if it does it, if it doesnt then one of the items removed may be responsible, if it does refer to above

Just some suggestions...

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restarting-computer-not-fault-of-xp.65759/
Relevancy 43.86%

This thread is a follow up to http www techsupportforum com show from own (my out fault) Locked computer post Locked out from computer (my own fault) posted by myself After many hours days amp weeks of trying to salvage my xp home edition with its associated problems cpu usage at startup inability to open application unable to access control panel items I decided to turn off all things in the startup section Locked out from computer (my own fault) to see how it affected the cpu usage dope rebooted and now cannot Locked out from computer (my own fault) gain access to my computer at all I get the welcome screen click on my name it says its loading my details and then reverts back to the welcome screen The OS was already installed when I purchased the computer from a large store months ago I have never set a password on the computer ever I have tried control ault and double clicking del to bring up the logon screen and it states my name but has nothing in the password section it wouldnt I have never given one at all as said Clicking ok without anything in the password slot just brings up the welcome screen again Is there anyway of booting into safemode so that I can reset the startup items I have tried F but that brings up the boot order Any ideas or help appreciated I am really trying to avoid a reinstall as anyone would if a choice can be found

A:Locked out from computer (my own fault)

hi
you say f8 brings on the boot order? not the main bios screen?
you want to get into safemode to try and restore the machine back in time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/locked-out-from-computer-my-own-fault-54485.html
Relevancy 43.86%

hey guys not sure if this belongs in this forum but i just got a blue screen with this error up after trying to connect to a wireless network. going through the event viewer i have the following details

Error code 10000050, parameter1 a50773d0, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 ad0931bb, parameter4 00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 35 1000005
0020: 30 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 0 Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 61 35 eters a5
0030: 30 37 37 33 64 30 2c 20 0773d0,
0038: 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 00000000
0040: 2c 20 61 64 30 39 33 31 , ad0931
0048: 62 62 2c 20 30 30 30 30 bb, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 30 0000

if anyone can shed some light on what happened id be grateful

thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-fault-192721.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Dear all,

My computer has been resetting itself quite frequently and randomly, and when i get back to Win XP, it says Windows have recovered from a serious error, and i clicked on more info, it gave me this:

BCCode : 100000ea BCP1 : 8587D020 BCP2 : 85CA92F0 BCP3 : F7A5DCB4
BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Can anyone tell me where the problem lies? I'm quite sick of those random restarts while working on a project or playing my game...

Thanks in advance for your help!

A:Computer restarts itself randomly - Win XP fault?

Those type of errors are very often a hardware incompatibility problem or a driver incompatibility problem. Here is a mskb article that explains your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-restarts-itself-randomly-win-xp-fault.408175/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi as computer Serious system - fault reboots you can see from the title of the thread my computer has been rebooting on its own for no reason At first I thought it was just when I burn dvds but as it turns out this is not Serious system fault - computer reboots the case I m not tech-minded so please have patience with me from reading other threads and troubleshooting issues I hope I can provide all the information necessary After the reboot Windows warns me that it has encountered a serious system error This is the information I can give you from my Event Viewer and I have also saved and attached the dmp file for the last time this happened Category Event ID Error code c parameter parameter cd parameter c parameter ada d f f f d c c c I only reformatted this pc about weeks ago and I hope to not have to do it again Also if this is a driver issue or something similar reformatting may not solve the problem if I install the same apps I do do a lot of downloading from the net but I doubt this is a trojan or virus though you never know This pc is linked to a local Linux server which we use instead of a router but the networking program has been written by a software specialist and I know nothing about it except for how to open and close ports we don t even have a monitor or keyboard hooked up to it but we ve been using this system for a couple years with no problems I hope someone hear my cry for help and comes to my rescue Thanks dap nbsp

A:Serious system fault - computer reboots

See if you can update your sound card drivers. Sound card drivers are known to crash with bugcheck C2 (especially Creative).

BugCheck C2, {7, cd4, 24c0017, 8472ada8}
Probably caused by : e10kx2k.sys ( e10kx2k+dd26 )
Image name: e10kx2k.sys Timestamp: Mon Nov 05 13:02:30 2001 (3BE60F56) <-- 2001!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/serious-system-fault-computer-reboots.106471/
Relevancy 43.43%

so I got a computer that keeps freezing up on me. sometimes it runs for hours before hanging, and sometimes it hangs every 5-10 minutes.

I ran memtest and it seemed to freeze up during memtest. the little blinking icon was normal, but the test wasnt running and the commands didnt work.

does this mean that my memory sticks are bad?

Relevancy 43.43%

hi all im new to techspot my computer keeps freezing my freezing. Computer freezing, Help. motherboard replaced still friend who built both my last computers has done all kinds of Computer freezing, replaced motherboard still freezing. Help. checks tested hardware n software and pinpointed it to motherboard replaced motherboard with new ram aswell n worked fine for days then started freezing again then wouldnt boot up replaced graphics card worked ok for days then started to freeze again then wouldnt boot up ive just ordered new tb hard drive if its not that only thing left is power supply ive also replaced a few of the cables as i had new ones i must say my friend who is a genius with computers and has worked for numerous computer companys no s wot he is doing and its totally thrown him he s never come across this its totally random ive even got new inch monitor which someone said it maybe but i didnt get it for that reason my old needed replacing and my partner got me an early xmas present its so annoying can anyone help please nbsp

A:Computer freezing, replaced motherboard still freezing. Help.

Well replace the power supply then...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing-replaced-motherboard-still-freezing-help.136029/
Relevancy 43.43%

ok so recently my pc has been delaying on opening everything, when i open a program like chrome it takes about 5 minutes or so for it to open then when i try open a new tab, it takes about the same time.
when i unlock my pc or when i have to press yes or no to open that program, the sound played for it like 2- 5 minutes later. when i eventually open up a game the audio is fine but when trying to watch a youtube video sometime i dont even hear audio until about 5 minutes after the video has started

i have tried just about everything i can to sort it and nothing has worked. HELP!

Relevancy 43%

Could really do with some advise I have looked around but I cannot find anyone that has posted about HD a computer, a think New Problems to driver moveing with fault i it having this problem So I bought a computer about a year ago And now I am upgrading to a new build so my brother can have the st computer But as I wanted to keep all my programs files etc I want to just move my hard drive over So everything has changed in the computer apart from the Problems with moveing HD to a New computer, i think it a driver fault RAM my brother doesn t need GB I have even changed from a AMD to Intel Processor Now this is where it gets interesting the motherboard in the st computer is an ASUS I bought an ASRock motherboard for the new computer put it all together and it worked fine all I had to do was install the new mother board drivers but I Problems with moveing HD to a New computer, i think it a driver fault noticed that I had only put in one GB RAM card one I added the other it wouldn t boot turns out it was Dr debug code a common problem that is a manufacture fault so I returned it and got my money back So now I have bought a new motherboard this one is an ASUS board After Putting it all together and turning it on it starts to load the windows image animation shows and just before it would usually go to the login page it takes you to the black and white screen I forget the name that you get on start-up saying that windows has failed to start and I have two options run windows repair Start windows normally Starting windows normally simply restarts the process Running windows repair runs for about half an hour then says its finished and restarts the computer after restart it just does the same again So I then put the HD back into the old computer and rolled it back to before I installed the ASRock MB thinking that there may be some limit of motherboard drivers it can hold or something stupid This didn t change anything I think that what has happened is that as the Computer is booting with the new ASUS MB it thinks it already has the drivers for it because the old MB was also ASUS And as it loads it figures out that they aren t the rite drivers and panics So that s where I am now I have backed everything up and don t mind reformatting the HD and starting from new but I don t know how to do that I would prefer to just remove all Drivers and the move it to the new computer because then I would still have all my programs but I don t know how to do that and I don t even know it will work P S sorry its a long read

A:Problems with moveing HD to a New computer, i think it a driver fault

With the different hardware, Windows is confused. You can try startup repair but I doubt that it will fix it. Your best option is a clean install (reformat the hard drive and reinstall everything). But, before you do that you will need to backup the user data on the drive so you can recover that after you rebuild the hard drive. Copy the user files to another hard drive or some other media. You will have to reinstall all programs after you do the clean Windows install, you can't just copy programs.

Here is the info on a clean install from our Windows 7 guru's. Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/245006-problems-moveing-hd-new-computer-i-think-driver-fault.html
Relevancy 43%

------------------- fault computer's slow its and is the abnormally Internet My English is not my first My Internet is abnormally slow and its the computer's fault language Hi I recently acquired a HP laptop with windows but the internet become pretty slow It was not like that before it just started to deteriorate I made some updates and changes some stuff and it might have been the cause I rolled back some network drivers to see if anything would happen it got worse So I re-updated I scanned My Internet is abnormally slow and its the computer's fault for infections whit Anti-malware it found some stuff but the computer still terrible If not worse I myself download a lot of stuff gigabytes and gigabytes because I needed to install my games all over again But here is the interesting part There are two computers exactly the same as this one in my house other two machines and the cellphones operating at the same time and none of them have a slow internet They all get or mega while I get or mega It was fast when I got it but now it takes time to load google Opera firefox IE etc all of them slow When qBittorrent is on it gets slower Without it it still is slow But not sooo much ---------------------------- While writing this I proved that the problem is the WiFi The cable gives me high velocity internet Other computers inside my room have higher speed The problem is in my machine ---------------------------- The troubleshooting says everything is okay The HP software center says everything is okay I don't want to send this computer back because it took time to put everything into it Please I need help -------------

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/49154-my-internet-abnormally-slow-its-computers-fault.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, and thank you for taking your time to help me

So each night I take my computer along with monitors etc. out of the power plug in the wall.
When I but the power plug back in to start the computer up, my keyboard instantly powers on, the same goes with my two monitors.
When I then turn on the computer nothing really happens. All of the fans and lights turn on (The MoBo fan spins insanely), but nothing comes on the monitor screen. The monitors keeps searching for a unit but won't find the computer.

Sometimes after waiting a few minutes the screen suddenly shows the startup of windows and I can use it normally.

I think it's an hardware related problem but I'm not entirely sure.
I use windows 10.

Hope you can help me
Johan, Denmark

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-boot-problems-suspect-hardware-fault.1169961/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello folks I m running WinXP Home My Windows Explorer Internet Explorer and My Computer all take a tremendously LONG time to open up a new window Once open they run smoothly and fast I have isolated what I believe is PART of the problem - ccApp exe is running on my system ccApp as many of you know I m sure is a part of NAV that runs on startup to make sure that all the installed NAV pieces load correctly or at least that s what I understand from Symantec s web site This includes AutoProtect I is think IE NAV and My VERY at Explorer, slow, Windows fault... Computer, start Norton Anti-spams pop-up blocking etc When I disable ccApp IE and WE run like a champ - fast quick zippy etc Very nice When I reenable ccApp things bog down again Now I m thinking that it really isn t ccApp s problem Windows Explorer, My Computer, and IE start VERY slow, I think NAV is at fault... as I know other people with it running on their machine but rather that it is something that ccApp is starting that is the culprit I don t really want to disable ccApp because when I do my Norton Anti-Spam s pop-up blocking no longer works Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Ryan P S I ve attached a HJT log in case anyone wants to look at it ----------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C WINNT system cisvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C WINNT System nvsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINNT System tcpsvcs exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINNT System MsPMSPSv exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe C WINNT PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C program files steam steam exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINNT system cidaemon exe C PROGRA COMMON SONYSH AVLib Sptisrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SideStep Browser Helper - - - BD- A -D FF C CE - C WINNT Downloaded Program Files SbCIe dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO WebHighlighter utility - EBDCEF - - E -BBE - CC CE - C Program Files PC Magazine Utilities Web Highlighter WebH dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINNT UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run Keyboard Preload Check C OEMDRVRS KEYB Preload exe DEVID CLASS Keyboard RunValue quot Keyboar... Read more

A:Windows Explorer, My Computer, and IE start VERY slow, I think NAV is at fault...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-my-computer-and-ie-start-very-slow-i-think-nav-is-at-fault.250644/
Relevancy 42.14%

So basically all of a sudden my mic started making weird noises when I used it on my desktop, but it's still perfectly fine on other computers. Anyone that has any ideas? I'm at the exact same spot when using it on the desktop as I am when using it on the tablet.

A:[SOLVED] Mic making noise from my desktop but not my tablet. Computer's fault?

Here's what it sounds like.
YouTube - Test Recording.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-mic-making-noise-from-my-desktop-but-not-my-tablet-computers-fault-568591.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I don't know what else to say other than my computer has been freezing and firefox has been freezing Computer freezing firefox freezing, lately I called the manufacturer and he said to restore windows to factory settings so I did that Things were great for a week or so but recently my computer has begun freezing again It happens pretty frequently Firefox will also freeze when trying to get it to do very little work like loading two tabs simultaneously e g My AVS found a suspicious file recently and quarantined it but still Computer freezing, firefox freezing the freezing has continued Please advise And I do not think that I have a Boot CD DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Run by Carly Mergens at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Trend Micro Internet Security Disabled Outdated F AC- AA - D- C- E E AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Trend Micro Internet Security Disabled Updated D - C A- -BE C-BB CF BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsva exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system FBAgent exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey ASLDRSrv exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Updatus daemonu exe C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exe C Program Files x ASUS Wireless Console wcourier exe C Program Files x ASUS ControlDeck ControlDeck exe C Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon sensorsrv exe C Program Files P G BatteryLife exe C Program Files x ASUS Splendid ACMON exe C Windows SysWOW ACEngSvr exe C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exe C Program Files x AmIcoSingLun AmIcoSinglun exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKOSD ATKOSD exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Media DMedia exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey HControlUser exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey HControl exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files SRS Labs SRS Premium Sound Control Panel SRSPremiumPanel exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey ATKOSD exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey WDC exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows AsScrPro exe C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Windows sy... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-freezing-firefox-freezing-554411.html
Relevancy 41.71%

This BSOD happens while using Chrome to play Gardens of Time web based game, if the Gardens of Time page is not open BSOD will not occur. Even if game idle or on inactive tab BSOD will occur.
main board replaced, memory swapped, Quadro graphics card removed, using on board graphics - issue remains.

BSOD Dump info attached.

Thanks in advance.

A:Chrome causes BSOD 0x00000124 fault, (Wife's computer, Situation DIRE)

Todays BSOD crash info.

Left system running overnight with Chrome running and Gardens of Time tab as the active tab.

Updated NVIDIA drivers (clean install).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307238-chrome-causes-bsod-0x00000124-fault-wifes-computer-situation-dire.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Ntfs sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA Registry Fault Many Thanks in advance this is my first time I have had a PC problem MY PC is th mth old Dell Inspiron running Windows Vista x GB RAM The problem started when I was watching a video clip on Windows media player The screen started breaking up on to horizontal coloured lines predomenantly Pink and the PC froze I tried rebooting in safe mode however it wouldn t allow howevere managed to do Start up repair At first I was getting a blue screen Ntfs sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA however after reboot a number of times including running CHKDSK and startup repair the system eventually let me through to the windows log on screen After logging the sreen you access programms from the screens breaking up again on to horizontal coloured lines I have tried cleaning dust from PAGE / IN FAULT PAGE Registry AREA Ntfs.sys NON Fault inside case and removed and re inserted RAM Tried repeating checks e g start up repair and receive the following - Problem Event Name Start Repair V Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA / Registry Fault Problem Signature Unknown Problem Signature Corrupt Registry Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Rollback Registry Problem Signature OS Version Locate ID Diagnosis amp Repair details Startup Repair diagnosis amp repair log Last successful boot time am GMT Number of Repair Attempts Session details System Disk Device Harddisk Windows directory C Windows Autochk Run Number of Root causes Tests performed Name check for updates Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name system disk test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name disk failure diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name disk metadata test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name target os test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time Ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA / Registry Fault takes ms Tests performed Name volume content chack Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name boot manager diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name boot log diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name Event log diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name internal state check Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name boot status test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name set up state check Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name registry hives test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Root cause found Repair action Registry roll back Result failed error Code x Time taken ms Finally Not sure if this would have anything to do with it however I downloaded Quicktime to play music clip about a minutes earlier before the problem started happening Also I have family photos on the PC which are not backed up and would like to protect then of possible nbsp

A:Ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA / Registry Fault

the error means that your PC asked for a page of memory , and the page was not available. when the operation could not continue, it BSOD'd and shut down. Its usually happens as a result of a hardware that is misfiring or failing. The 'Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area' and "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" BSOD's often show up consecutively and alternately. Things to try to correct or identify the problem are to restore your machine to the last know working configuration. if the problem keeps appearing run disk check for errors on your HDD. if that shows nothing, the next most likely suspect is a problem with the Ram. You can download any number of programs that will test your ram for errors. Win 7 has a built in memory test (not sure about the RC though) and you do not have to burn a disc to run it. Hope that helps some.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ntfs-sys-page-fault-in-non-page-area-registry-fault.149446/
Relevancy 39.13%

Had the day from hell with my computer, antivirus stopped working and my computer got infected. On safe mode with networking, I ran malwarebyte a couple times, cleaned most all of it out. When rebooting to windows, computer became super slow, like 5 minutes to open a window, etc. I had to force reboot a few times. But then I started getting a screen that demanded a reboot disk. Only one I have is. a windows vista disc. I had windows 7. It won't let me even get that blue startup screen where I can push f keys.
Can anyone give me some advice, or do I need to just get a new hard drive.

A:computer infected , cleaned, bsod, freezing, now computer wants boot disk

Welcme,
The problem isn't the hard drive, it's that you are still infected.
I'm going to ask a moderator to move this thread into Am I Infected so that you can work with one of the expert volunteers there to get your system cleaned correctly.

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582247/computer-infected-cleaned-bsod-freezing-now-computer-wants-boot-disk/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a HP Pavillion dv ca Notebook PC with AMD Turion X Mobile Technology Tl- G Ram NVIDIA GeForce Go with Vista Ultimate -bit SP The computer when running slowly makes a ton of noise starting up and running and tends to use more processing The computer sometimes makes weird noises that aren t normal windows sounds and come from error s Like intense beeping noises ocassionally Firefox especially is insanely slow and the longer I run it the more processing power it uses up along with the plugins exe Sometimes it will uses so much that it completely freezes my computer Lately I ve also been having trouble starting the slow firefox, [Computer sometimes (Vista) startup freezing, incredibly 1] on won't start fully with Computer computer where it won (Vista) Computer freezing, incredibly slow with firefox, sometimes won't start fully on startup [Computer 1] t even load windows I ve ran Ccleaner daily and Malwarebytes weekly and find nothing and the (Vista) Computer freezing, incredibly slow with firefox, sometimes won't start fully on startup [Computer 1] problem has been getting progressively worse I have Avast which updates daily DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Run by bloopertown at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm (Vista) Computer freezing, incredibly slow with firefox, sometimes won't start fully on startup [Computer 1] exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Users bloopertown Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank mStart Page about blank uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll BHO Skype Plug-In ae - e c- ed - f b-f f a - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll TB CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - No File TB a... Read more

A:(Vista) Computer freezing, incredibly slow with firefox, sometimes won't start fully on startup [Computer 1]

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392736/vista-computer-freezing-incredibly-slow-with-firefox-sometimes-wont-start-fully-on-startup-computer-1/
Relevancy 39.13%

Recently about weeks ago my computer started freezing It happened times already one of them occurred as I was typing this post I wasn t doing anything in particular just using Firefox to browser the web of the freezings occurred while I was just browsing occurred while my computer was starting up No sites in general either out of the times I froze I was on different sites each time all of them are quot known safe ones quot too Computer randomly freezing(computer shutdown) frozen I until stays like ign com wikipedia etc After the latest freeze during browsing I restarted my computer only for my computer to freeze again after Computer randomly freezing(computer stays frozen until I shutdown) seconds screen stayed the same it happened right after it showed me my memory test Then I restarted my computer again and it froze Computer randomly freezing(computer stays frozen until I shutdown) before anything showed up monitor did not detect anything so the monitor did not show anything Here s what I have done so far I used memtest and done full tests no errors on any tests Did anti-virus and anti-spyware scan on my computer I used Avast Spybot Adaware Checked Windows Event Viewer unfortunately it didn t log anything Here s the last things I did to my computer before I noticed the freezings I downloaded and installed Secunia PSI I downloaded and installed the latest version of WinRAR and Quicktime player recommendations from Secunia I also installed various security patches from microsoft update Besides that nothing in particular Also I noticed when my computer freezes my keyboard s quot Num Lock quot quot Caps Lock quot and quot Scroll Lock quot keys do not function I m not sure if when the computer freezes those keys can be activated on off or not I m just pointing this out in case you should be able to activate those keys in the event of a computer freeze Just wondering My optical mouse still lights up when the computer freezes though Any the questions are Does anyone know of any programs that ll help me figure out why my computer is freezing Like what about programs that check certain hardware besides RAM since I used memtest already that may cause freezes Does anyone have any idea on what may be causing this Anyone have any suggestions on what to do to figure this out Any help will be appreciated thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

first off here are my specsAMD Athlon X M N-e Asus motherboard gigs gig x Corsair dual channel ramNvidia Geforce GS mb PCI-EWhen I first built my computer and loaded On Help...slow Computer, Fast Trojan) I Computer...(possible Freezing Need A Games, windows it worked super fast Now its slower then my older I Need Help...slow Computer, Freezing Games, On A Fast Computer...(possible Trojan) computer which I thought I Need Help...slow Computer, Freezing Games, On A Fast Computer...(possible Trojan) was impossible I mean This is pathetic I unistalled AVG cause there was a process running that is supposed to be a Trojan and a program said AVG was running it So I deleted it was prompted to restart so I did It took literally minutes to shut down and restart At worst my old computer took minutes P gigs ram ATI Radeon So how do I fix this I have a theory its Microsoft forcing people to upgrade by putting out I Need Help...slow Computer, Freezing Games, On A Fast Computer...(possible Trojan) crappy updates I mean for my card the newest driver is dated the beginning of last year They come out with a new one but its Vista only Woo idiots So basically it started about days ago aprox days after this computer was built I was playing Battlefield it froze I tried times it froze in different spots at different times I reinstalled Same thing Oblivion goes for about minutes then crashes to the desktop I then hit the window to maximize again and it freezes This has happened everytime as well I also did older games same thing but done differently Battlefield was the only one that froze the entire computer to where i had to manually shut it off Then today I randomly check my processes and theres running that I have never seen before A couple sites say they are trojans ScanningProcess exe The sites said it was W Beagle DZ Trojan I downloaded and ran alot of antispy and antiviruses they found nothing Then I looked into the trojan and the processes running arent listed And the ones listed are Trend Micro and Panda software So im confused I have ran Zonealarm Security Suite Yahoo antispy AVG free Adaware Spybot spyware doctor and Superantispyware is running now So far nothing So here I am Out of Ideas and annoyed I also ran defrags restarted deleted programs reinstalled everything and im still having problems Moderator Edit Moved topic to more appropriate forum Animal

A:I Need Help...slow Computer, Freezing Games, On A Fast Computer...(possible Trojan)

The first thing which strikes me is that you have 2 anti-virus applications on your computer ( Zone Alarm security suite and AVG Free) Having two anti virus applications running on your PC can give conflicts so I suggest you uninstall one.For the antispyware applications do you have all real time protection enabled?..I first would try Microsoft online test and see what comes up. The freezing can also indicate faulty memory, there for run a Memtest to rule that out.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85607/i-need-helpslow-computer-freezing-games-on-a-fast-computerpossible-trojan/
Relevancy 39.13%

My laptop is a Gateway ROG and it has had this problem for the last week It will run for roughly minutes and then even when small programs are running it Computer up screen on pictures freezing entirely, while on popping odd turns computer will freeze up My mouse wont move no command will Computer freezing entirely, odd pictures popping up on screen while computer turns on respond and i am forced to hold the power button and shut it off nd Problem occasionally when i turn on the computer it wont boot up The screen will turn on and stop with a dash blinking in the top left corner not proceeding to any boot up of any kind and just recently while i shut it down from this sort of freezing up little pictures of pixel hearts and dots started appearing until i shut it off This problem has gone on since i bought this computer from my brother but the pictures havent until this last week Here is my Hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS GWMDMMSG exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG SCU Utility Gear exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Eric My Documents New Folder HijackThis exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll file missing O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll file missing O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run PRONoMgr exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run GWMDMMSG GWMDMMSG exe O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run AS Gear C Program Files NETGEAR WG SCU Utility Gear exe -hide O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra c... Read more

A:Computer freezing entirely, odd pictures popping up on screen while computer turns on

Hello snow_yehti and welcome,

Unfortunately, there is nothing readily apparent in this log. We'll run a few tools and see if any malware is revealed.

Please copy this page to Notepad and save to your desktop for reference as you will not have any browsers open while you are carrying out portions of these instructions.

Download AVG Anti-Spyware from HERE and save that file to your desktop.
This is a 30 day trial of the programOnce you have downloaded AVG Anti-Spyware, locate the icon on the desktop and double-click it to launch the set up program.
Once the setup is complete you will need run AVG Anti-Spyware and update the definition files.
On the main screen select the icon "Update" then select the "Update now" link.Next select the "Start Update" button, the update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.

Once the update has completed select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
Once in the Settings screen click on " Recommended actions" and then select " Quarantine".
Under "Reports"Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
Un-Select "Only if threats were found"

Close AVG Anti-Spyware. Do Not run a scan just yet, we will shortly.

Download and install CleanUp! but do not run it yet. (Not Recommended for XP64).

------------------------------------------------

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
1) Restart your computer
2) After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3) Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4) Use the up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode and press Enter.
5) Login with your usual account. Make sure to close any open browsers.

*WARNING* Cleanup deletes EVERYTHING out of temp/temporary folders and does not make backups. If you have any documents or programs that are saved in any Temporary Folders, please make a backup of these before running CleanUp! or move them to a permanent location.

Open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from the Start > All Programs menu). Set the program up as follows:
*Click "Options..."
*Move the arrow down to "Custom CleanUp!"
*Put a check next to the following:Empty Recycle Bins
Delete Cookies
Delete Prefetch files
Cleanup! All Users
Click on the "Temporary Files" and uncheck the box for "Scan drives for file matching" if it's checked.
Click OK
Press the CleanUp! button to start the program. Do NOT reboot/logoff when prompted.

IMPORTANT: Do not open any other windows or programs while AVG Anti-Spyware is scanning, it may interfere with the scanning proccess:Lauch AVG Anti-Spyware by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.
Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab then click on "Complete System Scan".
AVG Anti-Spyware will now begin the scanning process, be patient this may take a little time.
Once the scan is complete do the following:
If you have any infections you will prompted, then select "Apply all actions" **Please ensure it is set to Quarantine
Next select the "Reports" icon at the top.
Select the "Save report as" button in the lower left hand of the screen and save it to a text file on your system (make sure to remember where you saved that file, this is important).
Close AVG Anti-Spyware.
**AVG Anti-Spyware is compatible with most AV and anti-spyware products, and the free version will continue to be useful as a second anti-malware scanner.

-----------------------------------

Rebo... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-freezing-entirely-odd-pictures-popping-up-on-screen-while-computer-turns-on-121358.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello everyone - I am a new member of the forum and My computer keep and I and freezing have the to computer turning keeps off screen on hope that someone reading My computer screen keeps freezing and I have to keep turning the computer on and off this might be able to help me with a problem I have with my computer In recent weeks the computer screen keeps freezing with the cursor being replaced by the hour glass symbol This usually happens after several hours computer usage - but sometimes it occurs soon after the computer is turned on When this happens I am unable to log off the computer on off button does not work when the screen freezes and I have to turn the computer off at the mains In order to be able to log back into my broadband internet connection I have to turn the computer and and off twice and then on again Sometimes when the computer screen image freezes a message box appears always saying quot End programme quot i e quot End programme - CiceroUIWndFrame quot or quot End programme - mixer quot My computer runs on the Windows XP operating system I changed from Internet Explorer browser to yesterday but the problem of the computer screen freezing persists Any helpful advice on this would be much appreciated nbsp

A:My computer screen keeps freezing and I have to keep turning the computer on and off

How old is your computer? Have you ever reinstalled your OS?

What I usually recommend is if your computer is at least a couple of years old and have yet to do a clean install of your Operating System now is the time, especially when it starts acting up =)

Windows XP Clean Installation - Partitioning and Formatting using Windows XP CD
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/XPClean.htm
http://www.theeldergeek.com/xp_home_install_-_graphic.htm
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html

How to format your hard drive and install Windows XP from scratch
http://lifehacker.com/software/wind...nd-install-windows-xp-from-scratch-157578.php

Windows XP Clean Install (Interactive Setup)
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-screen-keeps-freezing-and-i-have-to-keep-turning-the-computer-on-and-off.692810/
Relevancy 37.84%

Ok this is my first time on this site and i have little understanding of the computer but let me try to explain the problem as well as i can.

Ok most of my games are freezing up during gameplay such as Everquest freezes up for no reason or same for Guild Wars. I think its something wrong with my computer (but no sure the problem) or it might be something wrong with the graphic card. I can telll the difference between lag of a game and the game just freezing up for no apparent reason.

If you need me to say what kind of computer i have or what graphic card i currently have, please say so.

If there is a program that i need to download to help fix this problem, i trust you guys seeing as you know more than i do.

Can you guys please help me out?

Relevancy 36.12%

I don't know what I have but it is making me crazy My computer has been running slow and freezing up since Friday I ran SpySweeper MalwareByte AdAware Spybot and found a few minor things Computer Freezing that were removed but it has not helped If I do not run Computer Freezing any programs on computer it is fine When I start running programs it eventually Computer Freezing will freeze Sometimes it goes pretty long before it freezes sometimes not It tends to freeze more quickly when running itunes or multiple programs OTOH it started acting like it was going to freeze when I ran the GMER scan and I managed to shut everything else down and keep going The GMER scan took quite a while and it did not freeze during it When it freezes the windows start freezing and then the mouse freezes as well It runs fairly slow regardless of what I am doing before freeze I cannot find anything suspicious running in task manager I left it on last night running nothing and when I woke up there was a blue screen with lots of text that was somewhat beyond me but it seemed to imply I had a corrupted hard drive The comuter re-started and I have been able to run the scans and post this but it will still freeze up I have no idea if it is related but somehow my interface mpq file in World of Warcraft got deleted and that is not working now either There were some boys on my computer before trouble started but they claimed they were just doing addictivegames com and I believe them There was nothing in my browser history to indicate otherwise Here is my log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Norton Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F AV Webroot AntiVirus with AntiSpyware On-access scanning disabled Updated E C F- CCA- - -BDBC AD FW Norton Internet Worm Protection disabled F - CEE- EA-A A-D ADD EA E FW Norton Internet Security enabled C A C -F F- AC -B -A E C F Running Processes C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRConsumerService exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA PESTPA PPMemCheck exe C PROGRA PESTPA CookiePatrol exe C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch Status maxmenumgr exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Roxio CinePlayer DMXLauncher exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTSched exe C Program Files Wire HomePortal Monitor portalmon exe C Program Files Razer Habu razerhid exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C PROGRA PESTPA PPControl exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Electronic Arts EADM Core exe C Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Interwise Student pull exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files SqueezeCenter SqueezeTray exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C Program Files Razer Habu raze... Read more

A:Computer Freezing

Just on a whim I re-ran with SpySweeper with an update, and it caught Mal/Sinowa-A. It removed the bug, but as i was cleaning out Recycling, temp internet files, etc., computer froze up again. I re-booted and re-ran both SpySweeper and MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, which found nothing, but the freezes are still happening.

A little research shows that this is something that seems to be making the rounds and is associated with the trogan Mbroot-A.

Here is new scan and attachment:

DDS (Ver_09-06-26.01) - NTFSx86
Run by Owner at 18:28:50.50 on Sun 07/05/2009
Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_14
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.3071.2073 [GMT -4:00]

AV: Norton Internet Security 2006 *On-access scanning enabled* (Updated) {E10A9785-9598-4754-B552-92431C1C35F8}
AV: Webroot AntiVirus with AntiSpyware *On-access scanning disabled* (Updated) {77E10C7F-2CCA-4187-9394-BDBC267AD597}
FW: Norton Internet Worm Protection *disabled* {990F9400-4CEE-43EA-A83A-D013ADD8EA6E}
FW: Norton Internet Security 2006 *enabled* {7C21A4C9-F61F-4AC4-B722-A6E19C16F220}

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\WRConsumerService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\CTAudSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPMemCheck.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\CookiePatrol.exe
C:\Program Files\Maxtor\OneTouch Status\maxmenumgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTXFIHLP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CTXFISPI.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\itype.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\CinePlayer\DMXLauncher.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\CTSched.exe
C:\Program Files\2Wire HomePortal Monitor\2portalmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Razer\Habu\razerhid.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPControl.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EADM\Core.exe
C:\Program Files\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
C:\Interwise\Student\pull.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\KHAL2\KHALMNPR.EXE
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k HTTPFilter
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\SqueezeTray.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe
C:\Program Files\Razer\Habu\razertra.exe
C:\Program Files\Razer\Habu\razerofa.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\squeezecenter.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\Bin\MSWIN3~1\mysqld.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin32\nSvcAppFlt.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin32\nSvcIp.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\dds.scr

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uStart Page = hxxp://www.cnn.com/
uSearch Page = hxxp://... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/computer-freezing-391923.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Last week a weird thing started happening when i would open some emails outlook Just with certain emails outlook would freeze up and not respond it would eventually give me an error message and computer up freezing shutdown I got rid of those emails but then it started doing it with other ones that it didn't do it with previously then this week my computer has started freezing up when i've tried to open certain folders specifically Windows computer freezing up gt Fonts I've computer freezing up run BitDefender Adaware and Spybot They've all found things and deleted them but i'm still having the problems I've run HJT and would like to know if there's something in the registry or if you have any other suggestions Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X OPHALDCS EXE C WINDOWS system slserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender vsserv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files X watch x watch exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdnagent exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdswitch exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C Program Files Config Utility Config exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe C Documents and Settings Brian Wahl Local Settings Temp HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www averatec com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www averatec com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www averatec com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM Run x watch C Program Files X watch x watch exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run Mouse Suite Daemon ICO EXE O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run BDMCon quot C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exe quot O - HKLM Run BDNewsAgent quot C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdnagent exe quot O - HKLM Run BDSwitchAgent quot C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdswitch exe quot O - HKCU Run PowerBar quot C ... Read more

A:computer freezing up

Download Ewido Security SuiteInstall Ewido Security Suite
When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck..Install background guard
Install scan via context menu

Double-click the icon on Desktop to launch Ewido
You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files.On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
Then click on Start Update.
The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Ewido
When you have finished updating, EXIT Ewido.

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
1) Restart your computer
2) After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3) Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4) Use the up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode and press Enter.

Run Ewido with it's updated definitions:(...it's important that all windows must be closed) Click Scanner
Click Complete System Scan to begin scanning.
Click OK when prompted to clean files
With the first file it prompts to clean, select the option: "Perform action on all infections"
Choose clean and click OK.
Once finished, click the Save report button & save the report to your desktop. Post that in your next reply along with any other logs requested.

** Ewido scan would require at least an hour

Reboot into normal mode and run a scan in HijackThis.

· Perform an online scan with Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan

Click on the "Free To Use ActiveScan" located on the top right hand corner Click Check Now and a "pop up" window will appear. * Please ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it *
Enter your e-mail address, country, and state & click Scan Now * The download of the 8 MB Panda's ActiveX control will take place *
Begin the scan by selecting My Computer If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report.
Please ignore any entry it finds and the offer to buy the program to remove the entry, as we will address this later.
Click on See report then click Save report
*You needn't remain online while it's doing the scan but you have to re-connect after it has finished to see the report.
*Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

The 3 reports we need:
· HijackThis
· Ewido
· Panda

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-freezing-up-102046.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi i have been having problems with my computer freezing and my internet going out at random times for the past few days i think its magicjack reacting with my modem but i am not possitive i notice when my computer freezes if i restart my modem everything is fine for a while this has been hapening since i installed magicjack is there anything i can do here is my hijackthis log

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezing.870785/
Relevancy 36.12%

My niece has an HP ZD8000 laptop and it starting freezing up on her yesterday ... she brought it to me to look at it and I found her hard drive was almost full ... was able to delete almost 3 gigs of stuff. Computer is still freezing up ... it will work for about 5 minutes then freezes ... mouse will still move but nothing happens ... can't click on anything! She has Norton 360 and it will take hours to do a quick scan if it works at all ... usually freezes up before it does anything!!! I read on here to do a hijack this log and will post that!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jody

A:Computer freezing

Please click here to download and install the HijackThis installer. ​
Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

Do not fix anything​

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezing.870265/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a dell dimension 5150. I just bought it and i setted up the internet connection. When i log into windows and the desktop appears after a couple of seconds or maby 5 secons it freezes!!! the mouse doesnt move!!

need help!!! thankyou,

benzy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-freezing.432631/
Relevancy 36.12%

I ve had this problem for a long time now My computer freezes for no appearant reason I ll be doing anything from just surfing the net to listening to music to playing a game and it will freeze Sometimes it will freeze after a long time of being on - hours and sometimes it ll freeze during the scandisk on bootup and other times it doesn t even turn on i hit the power but the work light comes on and nothing happens I ve taken it in twice had the harddrive swapped for a new one reinstalled everything but nothing has worked so far After taking it in though it did work like normal for a long time but eventually the freezing came back I ve sort of been suspecting elecrical issues although I don t know how Freezing Computer they could cause this I haven t been able to find a solution so hopefully someone can help me Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

Hi My Computer keeps on freezing so I tried to Computer keeps Freezing repair windows to which it kept freezing part way through So i reinstalled windows on another drive D and it still freezes grrrrrr I tried Spybot but that wont respond it starts but wont open fully My anti virus Trend Micro has found nothing wrong Hope some one can help DDS Ver - - Computer keeps Freezing - NTFSx Run by Mark at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV Trend Micro Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated D BC- CC- - E- E AF FW Trend Micro Personal Firewall enabled E E E- A D- -A F - EC F EB Running Processes D WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe D WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE svchost exe D Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exe D Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe D Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe D WINDOWS system nvsvc exe D Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc D Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmPfw exe D Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exe D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe D Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe D Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbabmgr exe D WINDOWS sm hlpr exe D WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE D Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbabmon exe D Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMAS OE TMAS OEMon exe D Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe D WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter D Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe D Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D Documents and Settings Mark My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com au uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - d program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO - f - d - - d f - d program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - d program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - d program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - d program files google google toolbar component fastsearch A FB BD dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - d program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun OE d program files trend micro internet security tmas oe TMAS OEMon exe uRun swg d program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe uRun ctfmon exe d windows system ctfmon exe mRun UfSeAgnt exe quot d program files trend micro internet security UfSeAgnt exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot d program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot d program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun UpdReg d windows UpdReg EXE mRun Dell AIO Printer A quot d program files dell aio printer a dlbabmgr exe quot mRun KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k mRun SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE d windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun nwiz nwiz exe install mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE d windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit dRun OE d program files trend micro internet security tmas oe TMAS OEMon exe StartupFolder d docume alluse startm programs startup adober lnk - d program files adobe acrobat reader reader sl exe StartupFolder d docume alluse startm programs startup micros lnk - d program files microsoft office office OSA EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - d program files messenger msmsgs exe DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C - hxxp upd... Read more

Relevancy 36.12%

My new build freezes Mostly during gaming Even though after I check System Information for Windows SIW it says that the hard drive and cpu temps are around the video card is more around - celcius Is this something that I should be worried about It s an GTS mb and I have the fans running at full speed but even during simple games like UT GOTY edition from or Civ IV it freezes after about minutes or so of gameplay Is there any way to fix this And I don t quite understand why it s freezing There s a slot open underneath the video card so it has room to get air from and I m using a Cooler Master case so it can get sufficient airflow Should I take out the extra PCI slot-holder things that hold the spaces before there are cards in there I m a bit confused since it s all running soundly otherwise nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

Hi there. I've been having problems when I'm browsing on the internet. Sometimes it constantly freezes and I'm having to do ctr+alt+del all the time. This has been going on for the past couple of weeks and was working fine before that. I have a feeling it could be virus related but I'm not sure. Can anyone help?

Relevancy 36.12%

Hey everyone I'm having this weird problem with my Acer Aspire Windows GB DDR GB HDD yada yada Anyway it keeps freezing keeps computer up My freezing at seemingly random times for upwards of minutes at a time It happens the most frequently when I view a youtube video but it does happen often while I'm doing other things like just surfing the net or word processing even If I leave it for awhile it unfreezes eventually and I can continue what I was doing prior to that One of the most annoying My computer keeps freezing up parts of the problem is that it doesn't leave any traces in the event viewer even if I'm impatient and I hold the power button and hard shutdown Please help I would at least expect to see a fatal error recovery screen from Windows My computer keeps freezing up haha but nothing It froze twice while I was writing this up What I've done so far -HDD Scan with WDDiag HDTune and I even tried with Seatools and they all came back perfectly normal not even over temp warnings -Memtest left running overnight and did several passes with no errors -Booted into safe-mode with networking it still froze after minutes of use -Used Norton Ghost to clone my drive to a brand new GB hdd and the problem persisted even on the new HDD -Virus Malware Rootkit scans with hijackthis farbar service scanner mbam SBSD roguekiller adwcleaner rkill mse and KAS Rescue disk and they all came back clean -Reinstalled Windows and all of the updates -I suspected flash player plugin to be the problem so I uninstalled the plugin and didn't watch any flash content for that period but the problem persisted again after that I also did the same with the java plugin as well but with the same results -Made sure all of my drivers were up-to-date from the manufacturers website not using windows update in some cases I rolled back drivers to try older ones problem still persists

A:My computer keeps freezing up

You've done a lot of the right things, but I'm wondering about temperatures.  I use SpeedFan to check them, but there're others as well.  If the cores get over 50 degrees C, that could be a problem.  Based on the size of your hard drive, I'm guessing your computer is a few years old.  When's the last time you blew compressed gas through the air intake vents to blow the accumulated dust out?  If over 6 months, that's something you really need to do.  Dust builds up inside these things and consequently causes overheating.  That causes things to really slow down, can cause crashes, and worst case can damage circuits.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537419/my-computer-keeps-freezing-up/
Relevancy 36.12%

Dont know whats causing it, I know its not an over heating issue though.

But usually about 3-4 times a day my computer will just randomly freeze and you cant do anything but hit the restart button.

Any idea what might be causing it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real_Bullet

Dont know whats causing it, I know its not an over heating issue though.

But usually about 3-4 times a day my computer will just randomly freeze and you cant do anything but hit the restart button.

Any idea what might be causing it?

If for certain it is not an overheating issue try the following,

Hijackthis log in TSF Help

User Selfhelp malware removal guide

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-freezing-148523.html
Relevancy 36.12%

lately my computer has been freezing up if i open a page the page doesn't show up at the bottom of the screen and when i go to x out of it it does nothing and if i do ctrl alt del the box is empty also when i click on my icons on my desktop nothing happens it's weird one min it will be working fine and then the next nothing i have no idea what is going on plz help

A:Computer keeps freezing

Sounds like you have a virus or other malware infection

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-keeps-freezing.175687/
Relevancy 36.12%

I returned to windows 7 after removing windows 10 and ever since I'm having problems with my pc freezing up

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/157255e4-ef54-48c5-bb16-8bc886d960b2/computer-keeps-freezing-up?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 36.12%

I've done some troubleshooting, and determined that I should update my ATK0110 file, as I'm using the one from 1995 that is known to cause BSOD issues. Although I'm not getting a BSOD, since I'm using this file, I think I should update it. I'm hoping it fixes my issue.

I've downloaded the zip file with the updated ATK0110 file, but I'm stuck on how to update it. Do I just cut/paste it into my system32\drivers folder, and replace the existing file with the new one? Or is there something else I should do to update this file?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

What is the exact make and model of your system (or motherboard)?
FYI - the BSOD issue applies to using the 2005 version of the file with Windows7.
If you're using a 1995 version you've got more serious problems than just that file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/99401-computer-freezing.html
Relevancy 36.12%

My brother is the tech support guy in the family and he and I have done just about computer freezing up everything we can think of disk scans defrag used malware bytes multiple times now he seems to think it may be a hardware problem but heres the issue randomly it freezes up whatever im doing and eventually locks computer freezing up up entirely but at first i can move my mouse still sometimes i can even continue playing my game and talking to my friends after i hear the sound crash loop which seems to come with every freeze if i press the windows key or control alt delete my computer responds to it i see the little task bar at the bottom of the screen but nothing more eventually i have to hard boot my computer sigh please PLEASE somone help me EDIT also cant seem to do a system restore keeps telling me nothing has been effected everytime i try and there are only reset points anyway niether of which seem to be behind the date at which these issues came to be nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

My computer keeps freezing up, I have windows xp with service pack 2. I have 256MB of ram and a 1.33ghz processor. I have no clue what is wrong with my computer. Every time i turn it on it freezes up after about 10 to 15 of it being on. I have to restart it manually every time. There is no thing in particular that I run when it freezes up. It freezes up when I am in the middle of playing a game or if I am just writing an email and sometimes it freezes up before it evens boots all the way. What could be causing this problem? Should i get more ram?

Relevancy 36.12%

Hello Over the past - days my computer has randomly been freezing It doesn t seem to have anything to do with what I m doing on my computer Once I just restarted it and left it at the login screen and it Keeps Computer Freezing froze and sometimes it will run for a couple of hours before freezing I can play videogames that Computer Keeps Freezing require a fair amount of CPU usage and it won t trigger a freeze automatically and I haven t been able to force a freeze My system specs are Windows Home Premium MB GIGABYTE GA-X -DS X Intel Core Duo CPU E GHz GHz ATI Computer Keeps Freezing Radeon HD Series Kingston SSDNow V Series SNV -S BD GB quot OCZ GameXStream OCZ GXSSLI W ATX V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply I ran a full Malwarebyte s Antimalware scan to see if it was a virus or other malware causing issues and it found nothing I also suspected that it was a heating issue I blew out all the dust that I could from all components and ran EVEREST to check system temperatures but everything seemed fine to me Below is my EVEREST read-out Field Value Sensor Properties Sensor Type ITE IT F ISA h GPU Sensor Type Diode ATI-Diode Motherboard Name Gigabyte EX EX X X Series Chassis Intrusion Detected Yes Temperatures Motherboard C F CPU C F CPU Core C F CPU Core C F GPU Diode DispIO C F GPU Diode MemIO C F GPU Computer Keeps Freezing Diode Shader C F KINGSTON SNV S GB TRIAL VERSION Seagate ST AS TRIAL VERSION Cooling Fans CPU RPM GPU Voltage Values CPU Core V V V V TRIAL VERSION V Standby V VBAT Battery V DIMM V I checked all my fans and they seem to be running just fine The CPU fan seems like it s running a little slow but the CPU temperature is well within acceptable ranges The GPU fan says but I assume that it just doesn t read that since the GPU temperature is just fine My last idea is that it was a temperature issue it s just that the power supply was possibly overheating I took the side of the case off and put a large box fan to blow air into the case to try to cool it down further and this seemed to work for a while after a few more crashes yesterday but it crashed twice again today I ran it for a while in Safe Mode but couldn t recreate freezes but I m not convinced that means anything since I ve been able to use it for hours at a time without it crashing in normal mode since it started freezing If anyone has any clues to what might be the issue I m all ears While I don t want to go on a wild goose chase replacing random parts with new parts in the event that they might be the issue I m open to most all suggestions Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

My computer keeps freezing roughly 10 minutes after starting up every time. It always starts up fine but after running for around 10 mins it freezes. Sometimes when it freezes I can just about move the mouse pointer around but it is super slow and laggy. I can't get up the task manager or start menu etc after it has frozen.

I am running windows XP on a very decent system (Quad core, 4gig Ram etc). I also have a 1TB harddrive and have recently used up quite a lot of space on that in a relatively short space of time (I have been editing variouse films). Could this have something to do with it? The drive is partitioned into two 500gb sections. One section has about 90gb left and the other has about 350gb.

Does anyone have any idea what could be happening here? I have never seen a computer do this before.

A:Computer keeps freezing in an odd way?

Check your system and graphics card temperatures. Something might be overheating. Any dust clogging the heatsink or graphics card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-keeps-freezing-in-an-odd-way.144446/
Relevancy 36.12%

Whenever i log in to my user immediately after i click my mouse the system freezes. my cursor still moves, i don't get the blue screen, i have no viruses, i can't open the task manager, i have to turn off the computer manually, and it still works in safe mode. I have a dell dimension 8400 running windows xp home service pack 3 any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:serious computer freezing

nevermind its working now

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/214762/serious-computer-freezing/
Relevancy 36.12%

My computer recently starting freezing. It will just stop responding. whatever is on the screen doesn't respond, mouse cursor doesnt move.

I ran MSE, and Malyware Bytes. Came up clean.

its windows 7 Dell XPS 8300.

Any thoughts or what other things should i be checking?

thanks,

A:computer freezing

when this often happen?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603141/computer-freezing/
Relevancy 36.12%

First, I have four computers on a wired network in my home. Everyting has been running fine. About two weeks ago my computer has been acting strangely. It will freeze then unfreeze while I am typing in MS Word, e-mail, and do this wile playing games. It is driving me crazy. I have a Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz and 2 GB RAM with two ATI Radeon X1950 video cards. The only thing I have changed is that I added a wired laser printer and a wireless HP multi-function inkjet printer. When I pull up task manager everyting is above 50 percent and up to 100 percent alot of time. I have de-fragmented the hard drive, checked for viruses, and cleaned files. I am stumped why this is happening now and didn't happen before. Any ideas? Any online techs that can take a look at my system and solve it?

Thanks

Clean your PC: You might get a can of air available at most large retailers. Open the case and use the duster to clean out your computer. Dirt and dust accumulate in fans, CPU coolers and every nook and cranny inside your system. A small paint brush or make up brush can be used to get the larger dust balls. You can use the crevice tool on a household vacuum but be extremely careful with that. You don't want to suck a jumper off of its connectors.

System cooling: I'm sure those 2 video cards get hot enough to fry an egg. Install more fans in your case to improve airflow. Installing a fan to draw air through the case instead of pushing it through is best. A fan in front can be used to bring in cooler air so the fan in back can pull it out. Heat rises, so the upper fan should draw out.

Cause elimination:
Power off the new devices and run things for a few hours. Turn on 1 of them and keep on testing. That helps eliminate the cause of your problem so you can focus on the "offending" item.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezing.692237/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi

Got a slight problem, I'm using Nero express to capture video from my camcorder all goes well except for two things

1. express splits the video??? how can I save more without it being split.
2. when I come to the end of a task and press stop recording my system totally freezes. why is this?? Im using Tvion Xpert TV7134 video tuner/captur card. transfaring via composit from camcorder.

Please do post in your system specification so it will be easy for us check what might be the problem.

though i am not sure this could be more of an software problem.

Please do post in ur sytem specification.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing.26317/
Relevancy 36.12%

So I just recently picked up a used computer. It hasn't stopped freezing on me! Its got a pretty nice ATI video card in it and 2GB RAM. (it runs windows XP Pro) The power supply is only 250watts.

I have already tried repairing Windows Windows which hasn't helped.

Any ideas??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-freezing.895294/
Relevancy 36.12%

im having trouble with my computer....its been happening for a while and im not sure whats weong with it. when i try to log in it will freeze and i have to restart it will do that about 2 or 3 times until i finally get logged in. so i took the password off now when im doing something on the computer like playing a game it will freeze. or if im just on the computer on line it will freeze sometimes. im not sure what it could be can someone help!

Could be a multitude of problems. Overheating, failing hardware ect. If you could, go to your event viewer (Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer) and look for any errors. They will possible come up as system errors or bugchecks. Post the EVENT ID, SOURCE, and DESCRIPTION here. Also, try finding updates for windows/video drivers/audio drivers/bios ect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing.75822/
Relevancy 36.12%

HELP ME !!! I put in a dynex wireless chip in my new desktop about a year ago. And almost everyday {for a year straight} it freezes, sometimes 2-3 times a day.. {randomly}, i think it has something to do with the chip but im not sure, When i sat freezes i mean i cant do anything i haveto hold the start button down and restart the computer.....SOMONE HELP ME !!!!

A:My computer keeps freezing

did you verify that when the wireless chip is removed? what kind of "chip" is it? usb device or pci card or something else?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-keeps-freezing.96868/
Relevancy 36.12%

I am a new user and need help. My computer is freezing up. Sometimes it will allow me to open a program then it will freeze. It will not allow me to download or scan my system. I have downloaded a program put can't find it on my system. Any help would be great.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-computer-freezing-up.589074/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello freezing Computer I m having some problems with my computer could someone please help me I m not Computer freezing quite sure what the problem is My computer might be infected with something but I m not sure For the past week or so my computer has been Computer freezing freezing up a lot I really only use my computer for acessing the internet so I m not sure if the problem is affecting other things on my computer Computer freezing When I first open my browser it freezes for a couple minutes sometimes is says Not Responding but not always After two-five minutes it continues to operate as usual Today I had a couple new issues crop up When I tried to log into my computer it gave me an error message Unfortunately I didn t write it down The next time I tried to log on it worked as usual The second issue is that a low mechanical noise began to eminate from the computer After a couple minutes it stopped The only thing I ve tried so far is to run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware which came up clean If anyone could please help me I would be really grateful ThanksEdit Moved topic from Windows to the more appropriate forum Animal

Hello,it may be a failing hard drive.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes: Flush DNS Report IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Devices List Users, Partitions and Memory size. List Minidump FilesClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.>>>Please download TDSSKiller.zip and and extract it.Run TDSSKiller.exe. Click Start scan.When it is finished the utility outputs a list of detected objects with description.
The utility automatically selects an action (Cure or Delete) for malicious objects.
The utility prompts the user to select an action to apply to suspicious objects (Skip, by default). Let the options as it is and click ContinueLet reboot if needed and tell me if the tool needed a reboot.Click on Report and post the contents of the text file that will open.

Note: By default, the utility outputs the log into system disk (it is usually the disk with installed operating system, C:\) root folder. The Log have a name like: TDSSKiller.Version_Date_Time_log.txt.>>>>I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScanHold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
ESET OnlineScanClick the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check Click the button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check and check Remove found threats Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, push Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Push the button.Push NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/444618/computer-freezing/
Relevancy 36.12%

hello so my problem is my computer suddenly started freezing 0.1 - 0.2 sec everywhere even on facebook and on every game i play, its simply unplayable now, and it was not like this yesterday i've tried formatting but it didnt work out.

i have no clue what the problem is so i'd like some help

A:computer freezing 0.1 - 0.2 sec

Work through the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/350640-computer-freezing-0-1-0-2-sec.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello Ive had this problem for a while now I assumed it was some sort of virus and spent a week on another pc forum and ran lots of programs scans hijack this logs etc but my PC is apparently clean so it must Freezing Computer Keeps be something else I use Computer Keeps Freezing windows XP It freezes quite randomly Sometimes only a few time a day Sometimes much more regularly The freezes only last for about seconds each time Whe it freezes nothing responds Even the mouse I dont know anything about computers so I will attach a part of my belarc advisor snapshot to give you an idea of my computer setup From talking to people there are some other possible causes overheating - I do ask alot from my PC in fairness and am often running lots of very resource hungry applications PC certainly doesn t feel hot on the ouside of case though Someone else who had this sort of problem said it was to do with their graphics card Another person said it was to to with their soundcard There are also a few theories about power supply issues Cheers nbsp

A:Computer Keeps Freezing

Wow....tough crowd, lol.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-keeps-freezing.140605/
Relevancy 36.12%

My computer is freezing up mainly in a section where my downloads are when I try to open one or delete it Also our computer is going slow Thank you Here is our Hijack This Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe D HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C WINDOWS VM STI EXE C PROGRA Grisoft Help freezing computer AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs Help computer freezing exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Plaxo PlaxoHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SSScsiSV exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE D Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA MOZILL THUNDE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt Help computer freezing dll O - Hosts forums longhaircommunity com O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run type quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot D qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SsAAD exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot D HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run BigDog C WINDOWS VM STI EXE VIMICRO USB PC Camera ZC O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run PlaxoUpdate C Program Files Plaxo PlaxoHelper exe -a O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User Default user O - Startup OneNote Screen Clipper and Launcher lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE O - Global Startup HP Photosmart Premier Fast Start lnk D Digital Imaging bin hpqthb exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C ... Read more

A:Help computer freezing

Bumping this up . It's nine pages back so I guess it could get lost in the multiple of threads.
So many people with computer problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-computer-freezing.657831/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi I am new to this site but it seems promising and I am hoping someone can assist me.
My computer keeps freezing. I have run all of the virus programs, adware programs and spybot. I have looked at the svchost.exe files and found nothing in caps. I have reviewed the cpu usuage and it is 2 to 4 percent. I have defraged the hard drive, and I am attaching the Hijacking log.
Can someone please tell me what is the problem here. I thought I have eliminated a virus but someone told me the svchost.exe virus is not seen by the usual programs.
HELP!!!
Thanks

A:My computer keeps freezing

check your ram with memtest 86+ booted from a floppy/CD for at least 7 passes. Check your PSU for proper voltages with a multimeter. Check your temps. Check your drivers and BIOS versions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-keeps-freezing.84632/
Relevancy 36.12%

hi everyone
my computer has really been giving me some problems lately.
it used to be that every so often when running a movie file or webcam or anything of that sort, my computer would freeze completely and i'd have to restart. now its gotten past that stage, and will often freeze even if im not doing anything.
does anyone have any ideas?
i have 512 mb of ram, so I dont know if that could be the problem.
i have an nvdia geforce 4 mx... maybe that?
or my power supply? a 400 watt stock one.
definitely isn't a software problem either.
thanks for the help

Relevancy 36.12%

In the past four days, my computer froze three times. I checked my computer with hijackthis, spybot, ad aware, and Antivir, so there's no problems there. I just don't know what's wrong.

My only guess would be maybe i'm overusing my power supply?

I Have a 400-watt supply and using it is:
everything in my sig
a wireless internet card
an ethernet card
also, a CD rom drive and an A drive.

That's about it. I would think 400 watts is fine for it.
it's probably something completely different though.

A:computer's freezing

It wouldn't seem to be overloaded to me.

Did you check the temps???

Pull the cover and make sure all fans are rotating and the system is not dirty. Be sure to check the power supply fan. Try running with the cover off and see if the problem continues. Could be a number of causes.

Are you up to date with all system updates??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computers-freezing.321314/
Relevancy 36.12%

originally i posted this on bf forums so im going to paste some of the important stuff ive said Its really starting to me off ever since i started playing dungeon defenders to pass time by till bf i have been getting random and frequent freezing Computer keeps freezes and then there is a really loud and annoying noise playing in my headset ive never had this once and one of the times it bsod'ed why does this keep happening at first i thought it was Computer keeps freezing only while playing that game but now its happening while surfing web my computer case is open and i dont think it should be overheating Computer keeps freezing never had a problem like that for a year i have just done a system wipe and started fresh and its still happening temps check out fine HELP sorry i didnt check this forum post today or last night but ill go find my case tonight and close it up but i have been playing all day toady i got about freezes so i took my ram out swapped the slots and put them into the other but year ago i had blue screens for some reason and my ram was in those slots so i put them in the onese they are currently in and they stopped but anyway i put them in the blue screen ones and all that did was cause a blue screen so i took some ram from my bros almost identical comp just not same gpu's and put them in mine all is good but i got freezes with those so and my bro doesnt ever get freezes so im guessing its not the ram but ill try out that case closed although my temps check out fine but its worth a shot Any other ideas other than that

A:Computer keeps freezing

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-keeps-freezing-608086.html