Windows Support Forum

AHCI BIOS not installed & Continuous restart loop - Windows 7

Q: AHCI BIOS not installed & Continuous restart loop - Windows 7

After a Windows 7 update today my computer turns on, goes past the welcome screen, then shows up with an error reading "AHCI BIOS not installed" and something about clicking on CTRL+S to enter setup and then restarts. This keeps on going continuously until I shut it down. I've read suggestions on forums to run chkdsk but I can't get as far as the Advanced Boot Menu; I can get to the setup and regular boot menu and when I boot from my hard drive the computer restarts.

Any suggestions?

I partitioned my hard drive a week ago and installed Ubuntu on it. However, I think the error is due to my update today.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: AHCI BIOS not installed & Continuous restart loop - Windows 7

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: AHCI BIOS not installed & Continuous restart loop - Windows 7

AHCI is an advanced controller interface for sata drives and it
is usually a setting for the raid controller.
If you are not using it,might want to disable it in the bios setup.
If you are using it,I can try to find the registry hack that enables
it in windows without reinstalling,but you still need to see if you
can disable it and get into windows first.
Set it to sata or ide,whichever is available.
Not raid or ahci.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ahci-bios-not-installed-continuous-restart-loop-windows-7.946465/
Relevancy 89.44%

see second post.

I have a 3TB drive D: for data formatted with GPT.

Had BIOS OnChip SATA Type set as "RAID" "As SATA Type" from back in the day. When I took out the RAID, I forgot to change this to AHCI when I reformatted and got rid of RAID drives!

Changing to "AHCI" "As SATA Type" as shown in image in second post, causes Windows 7 x64 to lose / not see the GPT on my drive D: and it wants to "initialize" it as MBR or GPT-- no way!!

A:cloned C:, installed AHCI drivers, changed BIOS to AHCI, D:'s GPT gone

ok, returning to BIOS and setting back to RAID, as AHCI typeenabled me to view the drive D: again
C: drive seems to be running much more slowly again.
these drives are plugged into the OnChip SATAWith AHCI as SATA typeno drive D:

With RAID as SATA typehave drive D:
but C: definitely dog-tired-slow
I really should not have fiddled with this at 3AM on a Sunday morning!!! Bah, I'm a pro, what could go wrong???

I'm not sure why changing to AHCI causes windows to miss the GPT on the D: drive.
Can I back this GPT up and restore it? Detect it after changing to AHCI? this is my only large drive, I can't back up the entire fricking thing.

The other question this makes me ask is how do I keep my GPT when I move to another motherboard? I don't trust the GPT like I do MBR hm....

edit: changing back again, it does not seem any faster. Doing more reading, it's ok to leave it as RAID because AHCI functions are still available no? So I really shouldn't gain/lose any performance?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/353119-cloned-c-installed-ahci-drivers-changed-bios-ahci-d-s-gpt-gone.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Well it all started a long time ago I got a horrible virus package from a free quot spyware removal quot program Loop... Continuous Restart and fumbled my way to fixing that Yes it left some trojans icluding virtumonde and some others that Continuous Restart Loop... didnt seem to do any harm at the time So some time later I skim a website I guess and BAM I get other viruses that dont allow me to even get on the internet I fumble my way through all that with programs I downloaded and fixed it but recently i got smacked again Figured I could do the same as before no such luck I didnt put this on the Spyware Virus forums because it seems to have turned into a windows related problem now whereas it started out a viral issue Heres the current situation My computer is doing a continuous loop going from the very first boot screen to the F screen where i have the options to restart in safe mode restore from last known safe config etc I can highlight and click on any of these options but it just starts all over again I can go into setup but I dont see anything there that can help and I m not very good at the guts of the system anyway OK NOW to tell you how I got there when I picked up this latest batch of spyware I tried to fix it as before some things worked using spybot AdAwareSE XoftSpy Windows Malicious software tool as well as a couple others that I m confident arent some smokescreen for more maliciousness But of course nothing got out the ever present nasties that seem like an old stinky roomate you can t get rid of because he s in dire straights and just trying to get by and you need the rent money anyway so you deal with him but I digress my computer was running at sub-crawl speed and half the time I could get no webpages to open including google For the longest time i couldnt get to microsofts downloads page to download updates as it couldnt even to the regular updates for some reason I was suddenly able to after really searching to make sure it was REALLY Microsofts website I went for the brass ring and downloaded service pack Beta No problems till I realized my firewall had been down the whole time So I got it back up with no problems had been disabled in the past by spyware so I get firewall blocking some Locker exe So It gets blocked Then I get that screen I saw in one of the posts about a message popping up that blah blah blah click here to fix huh uh not gonna happen so I Ctrl-Alt Del and find the Locker service and stop it That finally got me to my desktop no toolbar taskbar but all shortcuts are still there trying to do everything i can think of except come here DOH so i get to the control panel and figure I m gonna do a sys restore finally find out where to do that go back about a month i get about rds through it and an error pops up sayin It cant finish to restrt computer of course I didnt write down the error message DOH DOH i let it do its memory dump and restart on its own now its doin the looping thing I was planning on biting the bullet and re-installing windsows proffesional but I cant get the disc to spin up its in there just wont do anything plus I really have aLOT of programs and files that I need to retrieve the most important of pictures of my family probably serves me right for not backing up before the SP but didnt know how sigh Sorry if this is rambling but I m really hopped up on esspresso and I wanted to give you as much info of my stupidity as possible of course with the absence of any that might actually help with a diagnosis I know you guys are busy after the holidays and all so take your time but not too much I really appreciate you guys and this site especially now Forgot to mention Windows Proffesional SP IE ASUS K VSeries Motherboard Gig Simpletech DDR Ram Radeon MB Video card Think thats it Thanks again

A:Continuous Restart Loop...

Do you have a Windows XP CD?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/124305/continuous-restart-loop/
Relevancy 82.56%

I ve got a problem I just can t see any way of fixing My son s Acer Aspire laptop is about a year old and has worked just fine Recently he decided he needed to free up more room on the hard drive and figured he would uninstall some components from his Microsoft Office Standard Edition Not sure exactly what he took out but now the computer is in a continuous never-ending loop of loop... in Windows Installer loop...continuous continuous The Windows Installer box comes up saying quot Preparing to install quot It seems to quot flash quot like it starts to go off then pops up again Several times Then a box comes up saying Microsoft Office Standard Edition Installing Error File not found A required installation file SKU CAB could not be found Original installation source required It says to to browse for the source so I put in the CD Windows Installer in continuous loop...continuous loop... and choose it but then the following box comes up quot Error Set up failed to change the source quot When I cancel ANY of the boxes I mentioned above the quot Windows Installer Preparing to install quot pops right back up again Hit cancel on it Windows Installer in continuous loop...continuous loop... and it pops right back Again and again It never goes away Sometimes a box comes up saying Please wait while windows configures Microsoft Office Standard Edition quot But the Windows Installer in continuous loop...continuous loop... progress bar never budges Left it up hours even Then I cancel that and - yep - the Windows Installer preparing to install jumps back into its loop I tried to uninstall the Office but it won t let me The box that says it s preparing to remove files switches to the quot Windows Installer preparing to install quot and back to the can t find the SKU CAB And on and on it goes I ve tried fixes I ve found online that say to download the file or things supposed to fix but they won t install Because the Windows Installer is stuck like a scratched record And putting in the original Office CD doesn t do any good either as explained above So I am as stuck as that stupid laptop Whatever is the issue it makes it so the windows installer won t install or uninstall anything HELP Any kind assistance would be greatly appreciated Dave

A:Windows Installer in continuous loop...continuous loop...

Is the computer operable at all?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368936/windows-installer-in-continuous-loopcontinuous-loop/
Relevancy 79.12%

heyas Setup mobo abit ab pro BIOS release V latest BIOS Installed Not AHCI release Intel Core Duo E GHz x GB Western Digital k rpm Raptors x GB mushkin xp - DDR - ram x HP dvd optical drives LightScribe edit the hard drives are running raid stripe awardBIOS V PG serial ata ACHI BIOS Version iSrc intel matrix storage ICH R w RAID out of nowhere I noticed that my hdd led and floppy led were solid on I rebooted and the puter didn t recognize either of the optical drives and the floppy drive didn t function a direct quote from the mobo AHCI BIOS Not Installed during bootup detect drives done no any drives found I went to the BIOS to see if anything had changed all looked well then I replaced all the cables sata ide floppy no change then I unplugged both optical drives and the floppy the hdd indicator led went back to normal I then tried connecting just the floppy both the hdd led and the floppy led were constant on then I tried just one optical drive same result I tried all combinations but the result was that if either optical or the floppy were connected both indicator led s would remain constant on so I thought that the mobo was fried so I swapped AHCI BIOS Not Installed in a new mobo and the problem was still there then during bootup I noticed quot AHCI BIOS Not Installed quot this is a function of the cpu correct Is this why the drives are not recognized What does this have to do with the floppy Also BIOS only recognizes of GB of ram AHCI BIOS Not Installed from windows I can run cpu-z and it gives me information on all sticks of ram intel retail cpu s are warranted by the manufacturer for years right the company I bought it from seems to have gone under monarch computers another dilemma is that I bought the mobo and cpu as a combo they installed the cpu to the mobo I received the original cpu box but the invoice says Core Combo anyone know offhand if this is a problem before I go to intel hope this makes sense lol thanks xyn nbsp

A:AHCI BIOS Not Installed

Look at this helpful Thread that relates a little to your issue.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic18329.html

Seem that error is the raid bios, according to that thread you need to go into Bios and find the SATA operation and turn it from "Raid Autodetect AHCI" to combination. At least that is what that thread says, I have no personal experience with this but if you are not using raid why leave it on to cause issues.

Hopefully that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ahci-bios-not-installed.92942/
Relevancy 78.26%

This is the message I keep getting on boot up. I was messing around in the bios before I was getting this message. I managed to reinstall Windows 7 and it is working fine. The hard drive is Sata. I may have plugged it into another sata port on the board. Anyone have a clue how I can fix this?

Serial ATA AHCI BIOS, version UPSD Source 08-24-2007
Copyright (c0 2003-2007 Intel Corporation
** This version supports only Hard Disk and CDROM drives**
Please wait. This will take few seconds.

Controller Bus#0 Device#1F, Function#2: 06 ports, 01 Devices
Port-01: No Device Connected
Port-02: No Device Connected
Port-03: No Device Connected
Port-04: No Device Connected
Port-05: No Device Connected
AHCI BIOS not installed

A:Getting AHCI BIOS not installed message

go into your bios and turn off AHCI mode

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-ahci-bios-not-installed-message.173476/
Relevancy 76.54%

Last boot message on screen "AHCI BIOS not installed", then blank screen.

non branded
XP Home
intel LGA 775 965 motherboard
adata 512 ddr2 ram
DVD ide burner
WD ide drive

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi everyone,

I have a Dell Inspiron 530s. It has a 2.53Ghz Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, 320GB HDD.

The last two times I started up the computer, it started up MUCH SLOWER than before. It took forever to get through the Dell splash screen. It used to take 10 seconds to get through it, but now it takes more like three to five minutes. After I get past the flash screen, it flashed "AHCI BIOS not installed"

This is the first time I've seen it, and I haven't touched the inside of the computer or changed any settings. The only thing I've done is upgraded to Windows 7 Professional.

Does anyone know how to get this to go away? I hardly shut down my computer now so I can avoid the extremely long startup process.

Thanks in advance!

Christian

Relevancy 73.53%

I recently bought a computer in december last year Dell Intel R Xeon R CPU GHz GHz GB of RAM Running on Windows XP professional and with blue restarting devices No screen BIOS and AHCI not problems issues installed, found, an ASUS EAH silent GB graphics card and yes all drivers are installed and up No devices found, AHCI BIOS not installed, blue screen issues and problems restarting to date The problem i have is that when i turn my computer on it says no devices found and that AHCI BIOS is not installed and when i am on my computer mostly when playing games No devices found, AHCI BIOS not installed, blue screen issues and problems restarting my screen which is an Akura quot LCD TV DVD combi goes to blue screen and says no signal and any music that was playing becomes a loud repeated thumping like when a cd gets stuck The only option i have is to turn the computer off via the on off button by holding it in until it turns off After this my computer wont restart for - tries and instead when i press the on button a small lights up on the front and it makes a second buzzing noise repeated with a second inbetween and does not load up so i have to turn it off via the button Any ideas whats wrong and what does AHCI BIOS not installed actually mean nbsp

A:No devices found, AHCI BIOS not installed, blue screen issues and problems restarting

Do you have a single drive or multiple drives setup in a RAID configuration? The message you are seeing is fine (and normal) if you have no RAID. It usually will just pass it so quickly that you didn't notice it was there. How long have you let the pc set at that error message?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-devices-found-ahci-bios-not-installed-blue-screen-issues-and-problems-restarting.160767/
Relevancy 70.95%

Gigabyte GA-Z -D H Motherboard Intel i - GHz Processor not overclocked Gigabyte-nVidia GTX- GB VRAM Graphics Card GB DDR RAM - MHz W Dynex Power Supply So all of a sudden while playing Minecraft Skyping and Spotifying my computer blue screens and turns off The blue screen flashes too fast to read it I turn it back on and attempt to run Windows normally and it shuts off while booting windows After that I attempt to run Windows in safe mode but it doesn t make it past BIOS Then it restarts and will attempt to boot up for about seconds until it restarts again without going to BIOS I opened the case up and watched the system go with the power on and I noticed the enter won't infinite Computer loop BIOS; restart CPU fan wasn t going I switched the CPU fan to a different plug from CPU FAN to SYS FAN and the fan now works but it still won t POST I m assuming it s a motherboard problem for not supplying power to the CPU fan and causing the CPU to overheat However hours should be ample time for the CPU to cool down The problem doesn t seem to be an issue with the power supply or hard drive which I ve disconnected to attempt POSTing Computer won't enter BIOS; infinite restart loop I m hoping the processor isn t toast thanks to a motherboard malfunction The heat sink around the processor doesn t feel exceedingly hot but it s a heat sink nbsp

A:Computer won't enter BIOS; infinite restart loop

After 6 hours, I started it, and it was able to POST. It's what I suspected. An overheated processor...

It works fine now, and Windows loads. The fan works on SYS_FAN3. What should I do for the future? I plan to call the Motherboard manufacturer tomorrow.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-enter-bios-infinite-restart-loop.1074162/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi I am having an issue when inserting a usb flash drive with windows bit or bit into a laptop Lenovo T the splash screen comes up and the little dots continually loop and that is it I have watched countless videos and have loop continuous to go windows 8 done countless windows 8 to go continuous loop research and I just can't seem to get this working I have also tried AOMEI which is a software that will create windows to go on windows 8 to go continuous loop a flash drive or windows 8 to go continuous loop external HDD It only worked on the HDD but not the usb flash drive I have used win and win to create these flash drives and they both do the same exact thing it just keeps looping and will never load Like I said I watched quite a few youtube videos googled quite a bit followed directions exactly how the person demonstrated but still not able to get it to work Everything turns out fine up until it is time to load windows to go that is where the issue starts Yes I make sure to go into the BIOS to boot off of the usb flash drive I've updated BIOS on the laptop Has anyone else experienced this issue IF so what was your solution other than wanting to throw the laptop Thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/61876-windows-8-go-continuous-loop.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,
I recently reset my computer and wanted to reinstall Windows 10. In doing so I have encountered a problem, Windows 10 continually loops after "just a moment screen".
Now the setup procedure gets stuck on a restart loop.
First, the "Let's get connected" screen shows up. I select the relevant wifi network.
Second, the "Get going fast" screen comes up. I select "Use express settings".
Finally, the circling dots screen comes up with "Just a moment..." and then it restarts.
Is there any way to fix this installation?
Thanks

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/441430-windows-10-continuous-loop.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey all, recently my bios got corrupt somehow, so i tired the bios recovery process this is what it does 1) writng new bios image2)verifying new bios image  says the bios system recovery is complete and restarts the computer and starts back at the same process again and agian pls helpthank you 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Bios-update-failed-recovery-on-infinite-restart-loop/td-p/5741104
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello all thank you in advance for any help I was twiddling with my windows continuous loop Please windows reboot help XP - XP this past weekend my IE crapped out a month or so ago and so I was trying to reinstall IE IN the process I tried uninstalling my XP Service Pack seems something in it could conflict with IE Upon trying to reinstall IE after undoing my XP SP and still failing to install IE properly I figured I would put the SP back in by restoring my system to a setting from a few days earlier windows XP has a help section that allows restore to previous date Now my XP is in this continous reboot Please help - windows XP continuous loop reboot loop It shows the XP banner and then the screen goes black Usually my desktop would pop up but now it just simply reboots again and again I have tried a suggestion I found about windows break but it simply apepars to put my computer on pause rather than show any sort of screen I know the problem deals with XP having an auto reboot function in there that forces a reboot whenever it detects an error which in this case I presume was created as it was trying to restore to an earlier date I have tried the F and tried to have the computer boot in safe mode last known good boot prompt etc and everything simply leads to a reboot I never get an option or chance to type or change anything Please help thank you nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

Hello,

My Windows XP on my laptop has gone into a continuous boot loop. I cannot get it to stop. I was able to freeze the blue screen and observe the following error message: STOP:0x000000 ED (0x82A91F8 0xc0000006 0x00000000, 0x00000000). I did not notice any virus before this suddenly happened. I had a similar experience about a year and a half ago and a person on this forum named Jsgtrvr was gracious enough to help me fix it. The difference is this time, my second (working) computer is a mac. Will I still be able to download all of the necessary fixes from a mac? Thanks for any help that one can give me.

A:Windows XP Continuous Boot loop

I would try running the chkdsk /r command...from the XP Recovery Console or the following tool:

See instructions by Elise at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic348469.html/page__view__findpost__p__1942375 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436795/windows-xp-continuous-boot-loop/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have an ASUS N S with up until yesterday a Windows Pro VL -Bit Until yesterday I had Windows and for a month now the Windows Explorer has been giving me a migraine If Continuous VL Explorer Drama Loop Windows 8 I open a folder or a file it could be a text file in a folder or a video file on my desktop the Windows Explorer will crash and continuously restart itself for about minutes the longest and seconds the shortest I can use the internet as it hiccups and even type but I am unable to click on any folders Because I felt it might have been something that I deleted I upgraded to the Windows VL Explorer hoping that would rectify the problem I think I just made it that much worse While originally the Windows Explorer would politely inform me of a restart through a little box popup Now it does not do this and spends far longer going through the restart process on a continuous loop I then tried to do a system restart Impossible to do and even my F button doesn't seem to work So I can't do a system restore and I can't seem to figure out what the problem may be I have done a sfc scannow several times but doesn't seem to target the issue Any suggestions or advice would be helpful here

A:Windows 8 VL Explorer Continuous Loop Drama

Try pressing the Delete key instead of F8.

Also try running: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in administrator command prompt.
Reboot.
Run sfc again.

Post back with results.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/29306-windows-8-vl-explorer-continuous-loop-drama.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I ve one restart minute loop: problem will has Restart in and critical Windows a encountered got a problem This laptop starts over after reboot within minutes Gets the error Windows has encountered a critical problem and Restart loop: Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart in one minute will restart in one minute MS Security Essentials thinks it has SIREFIR But wont clean I cant get MALWAREBYTES to run Would hate to reinstall Attached is FRST log What s my next step Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST written by Farbar Version - - Ran by SYSTEM at - - Running from F Windows Enterprise X OS Language English US The current controlset is ControlSet Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office Restart loop: Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart in one minute GrooveMonitor exe quot - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleSyncNotifier exe - - Apple Inc HKLM Run x HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot - - Apple Inc HKU Project Run iCloudServices C Program Files Common Files Apple Internet Services iCloudServices exe - - Apple Inc HKU Project Run AC RemoteMediaSync quot C Program Files NuVo Music Port Sync bin FX Autonomic Synchronization App exe quot -autorun - - Autonomic Controls HKU Project Run MobileDocuments C Program Files Common Files Apple Internet Services ubd exe - - Apple Inc Winlogon Notify igfxcui igfxdev dll Intel Corporation Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer Tcpip Interfaces CC B- BE - -BDE -A A FB F C NameServer Startup C Users All Users Start Menu Programs Startup DWACS lnk ShortcutTarget DWACS lnk - gt C Program Files ACS ACS Launcher exe Services Whitelisted CATmobile quot C Program Files T-Mobile webConnect Manager conappssvc exe quot n quot CATmobile quot - - SmithMicro Inc eventlog C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted - - Microsoft Corporation HPM RcvFaxSrvc C Program Files HP HP LaserJet M MFP Series ReceiveFaxUtility exe - - HP TMobileRcAppSvc quot C Program Files T-Mobile webConnect Manager RcAppSvc exe quot n quot TMobileRcAppSvc quot - - SmithMicro Inc MsMpSvc quot c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe quot x NisSrv quot c Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe quot x Drivers Whitelisted AgereSoftModem C Windows System DRIVERS AGRSM sys - - LSI Corp ewusbnet C Windows System DRIVERS ewusbnet sys - - Huawei Technologies Co Ltd ew hwusbdev C Windows System DRIVERS ew hwusbdev sys - - Huawei Technologies Co Ltd ew usbenumfilter C Windows System DRIVERS ew usbenumfilter sys - - Huawei Technologies Co Ltd FTDIBUS C Windows System drivers ftdibus sys - - FTDI Ltd FTSER K C Windows System drivers ftser k sys - - FTDI Ltd FUJ E C Windows System DRIVERS FUJ E sys - - FUJITSU LIMITED HTCAND C Windows System Drivers ANDROIDUSB sys - - HTC Corporation MBAMSwissArmy C Windows system drivers mbamswissarmy sys - - Malwarebytes Corporation MpFilter C Windows System DRIVERS MpFilter sys - - Microsoft Corporation Netaapl C Windows System DRIVERS netaapl sys - - Apple Inc PCTINDIS C Windows system PCTINDIS SYS - - Smith Micro Inc tmobile mf dc enum C Windows System DRIVERS tmobile mf dc enum sys - - T-Mobile Synth dVsc C Windows System drivers synth dvsc sys x tsusbhub C Windows System drivers tsusbhub sys x VGPU C Windows System drivers rdvgkmd sys x NetSvcs Whitelisted One Month Created Files and Folders - - - - - - D C FRST - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System Drivers icqyenqf sys - - - - - - AD C Kaspers... Read more

A:Restart loop: Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart in one minute

Please do the following:Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below. (To do this highlight the contents of the box, right click on it and select copy. Right-click in the open notepad and select Paste). Save it on the flashdrive as fixlist.txt start
HKLM\...\Run: [] [x]
C:\Windows\Installer\{afa9be9c-6e25-844d-0d21-e6f80b2448ce}
C:\Users\Project 9\AppData\Local\{afa9be9c-6e25-844d-0d21-e6f80b2448ce}
endNOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating systemNow please enter System Recovery Options then select Command PromptRun FRST (or FRST64 if you have the 64bit version) and press the Fix button just once and wait.The tool will make a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.While you are still booted into System Recovery Options run FRST.

Type the following in the edit box after "Search:" so it looks like this:

Search: services.exe
Click Search button and post the log it makes to your reply.Reboot Normally.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462425/restart-loop-windows-has-encountered-a-critical-problem-and-will-restart-in-one-minute/
Relevancy 68.8%

I bought a brand new SSD, installed it in Windows 7, and there is no option in my BIOS for the SATA controller (to switch between IDE and AHCI Mode). How do I determine whether my computer's sata controller is using IDE or AHCI?

I want to make sure that my AHCI controller is enabled and not IDE when using TRIM.

If anyone can look at the picture below and determine whether my computer is default in IDE or AHCI, then I will mark this as Solved.

Thanks.

A:No AHCI option in BIOS, is my computer default in AHCI or IDE?

Run this tool and see what it says,

AS SSD Benchmark 1.7.4739.38088 Download - TechSpot

It will show you what mode it's running in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335210-no-ahci-option-bios-my-computer-default-ahci-ide.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi All I have read many many other threads that address infinite reboot loops but none of the solutions have resolved my issue I am hoping the community might be able to help me identify this problem I have just gets One Restart, initial Windows restart a in stuck loop Install recently replaced my CPU and MB with the items listed below After installing hardware I ran KillDisk on the HDD which will zero out the entire drive The computer boots normally and will load into windows installation without issue However once Windows reboots to start windows for the first time it is unable to do so The load windows logo screen will load and approximately right before Windows would normally load my screen goes black the system turns off sits off for about - seconds and then turns itself back on and repeats this boot process It turns off and restarts at the same time every time Steps I have done so far in an attempt to resolve the issue but failed with no change in the rebooting behavior removed all non-essential hardware One initial Install Restart, Windows gets stuck in a restart loop CPU stick of RAM DVD drive and Video card were the only things left and tried reinstalling windows Swapping out one of the RAM sticks I have to make sure it wasn't defective Trying to install Windows on a new harddrive to rule out that the HDD was defective trying to boot from the CD After the initial install had partially finished to see if HDD was related in anyway Installed a very simple DVI video card to see if ATI card may be the cause Resetting CMOS and reinstalling Setting SATA control to AHCI instead of IDE and reinstalling Some additional thoughts It doesn't not appear to be an overheat issue either as I have looked at the temps through the BIOS tool and all levels CPU PSU etc looked normal Secondly I get an error when I try to load Safe Mode stating that it cannot be loaded for the initial Windows load I am in the process of wiping the drive again and trying to reinstall windows XP to see if it is a uniquely windows issue or not This however is my last idea Does anyone else have an idea as to what may be causing this reboot loop given all the steps I have taken Or more importantly a way to fix it Your help is appreciated Thanks jefusan Specs MB Fatallty P Performance CPU Intel core i - k RAM g skill's rip jaws BG DDRS - pin V Video ATI Radeon HD mb series OS Windows Home Premium bit PSU Watt AntecTrue Power HDD Western Digital SATA drive WD

A:One initial Install Restart, Windows gets stuck in a restart loop

Sorry you are having these problems. You have already done the most logical things. If it's not the memory, or the video card, or the hard drive, and the only things you have changed are the cpu and mobo, then you might wonder if there is a problem with one of the two. You could always boot a live CD of Ubuntu to see how your computer responds. Or XP installation sounds like a great idea for a test.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/207004-one-initial-install-restart-windows-gets-stuck-restart-loop.html
Relevancy 68.37%

First off hello I'm not completely sure where I'm suppose to place this particular article but I'm assuming posting it into the threads might be good enough I've owned an ASUS laptop model X C for a year and it's currently running on windows Yesterday I spent the entire day working on assignments and skyping friends I've recently completed three assignments but stupidly I didn't save it to a USB key figures the one time I didn't my laptop breaks down When I turned it on this morning to retrieve the stuck is a startup continuous in repair. Windows loop: 7 files it booted Windows 7 is stuck in a continuous loop: startup repair. up then went to this screen startup repair As you can imagine I sent the information then shut down the laptop and restarted it I attempted going through the safe mode by pressing f Although the options all came up on the screen when I pressed onto safemode it brought me back to the blue screen and the pop up After searching around for a little bit I quickly found that other people had this problem At this point I've spent three hours going through different solutions So I'm not suggested the same solutions I've already tried here is a list of what I've already tried Disabling the system repair Command Prompt Waiting for extended periods of time to attempt reboot and log on Safe mode This tutorial As I have assignments on my laptop and plenty of photos I need to keep my files on and not restore my laptop to original settings or anything of the sort Until I have a solution I'm staying at home to restart all of my assignments -- If anybody can offer any sort of advice it would be greatly appreciated Cheers

A:Windows 7 is stuck in a continuous loop: startup repair.

Now first thing is dont panic, as long as your HDD has not failed then all your files are there and recoverable

Have a read through this thread, it basically covers pretty much all options to get the system working again
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

If you need your files in a hurry and dont have time to fix your machine then you can transfer your files to a usb drive if you have one
you have two options to do this either from a command prompt or from a bootable linux disk (this is probably easiest but will require access to another machine)
this will explain how http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...cy-backup.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/305917-windows-7-stuck-continuous-loop-startup-repair.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Two days ago my computer had an error message 'Windows Explorer has stopped working' which is quickly followed by 'Windows Explorer is restarting' this is a continuous loop unless you kill the explorer exe process under continuous Windows working..restarting.. Explorer stopped loop task manager So I kept searching on Google and this one thread kept coming up http social technet microsoft com Forums en-US itprovistaie thread cc -c - e d-ae - e b dd it's the second to last post by va-jay-jay and it suggests to uncheck the option for 'show thumbnails instead of icons' so I tried that then through task manager Run- gt explorer exe and WOW i couldn't believe it was such a simple problem causing me such frustration Very stupid I checked the 'show thumbnails' option and explorer immediately began Windows Explorer stopped working..restarting.. continuous loop the loop cycle again so I have it currently unchecked but I actually like having thumbnail previews for folders and files on my desktop for example picture Windows Explorer stopped working..restarting.. continuous loop files on my desktop I'm just left with a generic icon and have no idea what picture each file is unless I open it any suggestions or help

A:Windows Explorer stopped working..restarting.. continuous loop

Try updating any software you may have installed because it came with your camera - RAW thumbnail viewers in particular.

When thumbnail viewing is enabled, Explorer has to "ask" the registered thumbnail generator for that file type (RAW, NEF, JPG. BMP ... whatever) to do the actual work of creating the thumbnail images when necessary. If the thumbnail generator is buggy or the data it's working with is somehow corrupted (the images themselves are corrupted), that generator may crash and in doing so take out Explorer itself.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/221469-windows-explorer-stopped-working-restarting-continuous-loop.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Last night one of the Windows monitors in continuous causing loop rotate to dual Update Windows anniversary updates messed up the connection to my second monitor which is a TV and only used to watch movies and as a result whenever I switch to it or even duplicate my screen it keeps hanging in a continuous Windows Update causing dual monitors to rotate in continuous loop flashing loop either instantaneously or after - minutes I already tried rolling back to different versions of the NVidia driver from NVidia not MS since I had this problem before some months ago when I updated the NVidia driver from Rolling back to that one solved the problem and later on -when trying a newer driver resulting in the same problem- I rolled back again without problem so I figured was the last that worked proper for me so far A few weeks ago another MS Update messed up my only account -in effect needing me Windows Update causing dual monitors to rotate in continuous loop to login with my password while I only knew my PIN- and after consecutive days of troubleshooting using every known method to reset accounts through cmd regedit seth file Hiren and Linux distros I had to do a Windows Update causing dual monitors to rotate in continuous loop complete restore While restoring and reinstalling drivers my NVidia driver was automatically updated to and everything was fine regarding a newer GPU driver So that was at least of luck after drama Now again a MS update messed up something since it also updated my GPU to I didn't know you could turn of GPU driver updates in MS Auto-update till just now and I am seriously pissed since again every quot normal quot troubleshooting so far has been fruitless From now on I will turn off auto-update as MS is seriously making a mess of things in my specific case twice in a row now and it's costing me way too much time to repair every time Today when MS rolled out some updates I found rolling back did not work I tried manually uninstalling it in devicemanager and also with the help of DD Uninstaller from Guru and in the end restored to different dirvers and also tried a system restore prior to the MS Updates but both scenario's didn't work Like with the quot account quot problem also today I have read some other threads about MS update messing up monitor settings but for most the common scenario's rolling back or a system restore seemed to work My setup is a NVidia GTX and I have my PC-monitor connected with a DVI-VGA cable and my TV is routed through a Home Cinema Receiver with HDMI The TV is off most of the time and only when I want to watch a movie which is stored on my PC I use Win key P to select the other monitor and switch Prior to this I have to set my receiver to receive through a dedicated HDMI PC input My TV btw is always designated as my primairy screen probably because it's HDMI but in practice this has never been a problem Furthermore I have a pretty high-end system with a Z- Pro mobo i K processor GB Ram so the problem is most certainly not with either my PC TV or Home Cinema Set So the problem varies a bit in manifestation dependantely of randomness but also as for what method I choose to add the second screen Win P or Nvidia or configurationscreen Most of the times as soon as I set my receiver to the PC quot channel quot the screen begins it's endless loop switching between the monitors and this can only be stopped by setting the receiver to a different channel Other times I can identify the TV manually but also then the screen switches only in a slower interval instead of seconds and once or twice I was able to set the proper channel on my receiver and the problems would not manifest until I actually switched the screen while in two instances the problem manifested after or minutes though this is not related to power or screensaver timers and one instance was when switching while the other was when duplicating It's completely irradic but the common denomenator I think is is Windows NVidia recognizes my... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/59854-windows-update-causing-dual-monitors-rotate-continuous-loop.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,
Is there a way to make a background music to play in a continuous loop in Windows DVD Maker? I don't find any "loop" option in the Wizard. So I'm trying to add the music file for multiple times. Unfortunately, it looks like the Windows DVD Maker
cannot play so many times as per my design. For example, I added 8 times of the same music, while the photo video was playing, it only played one time, and then it was muted for a few minutes, and then started playing one time again, and
then muted for a few mintues, and then playing again...
Seems a bug of Windows DVD Maker. Anyway, I'm not sure of it...

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/227fa277-d913-46b4-8b62-9c79888f01b2/how-to-make-a-background-music-to-play-in-a-continuous-loop-in-windows-dvd-maker?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 66.22%

My computer is years old so I reinstalled Windows on my computer to give it a fresh start After my initial GB hard drive was partitioned and formatted and Windows was installed I went to install the drivers for restart XPHome continuous after Windows fresh install my Gigabyte GA- NNXP motherboard so that I could detect read my GB HDD linked via SATA where all of my saved data is However when going to install the GigaRaid and SATARaid drivers from the CD that came Windows XPHome continuous restart after fresh install with my motherboard it gave me a warning saying that the drivers quot could cause system instability quot because they have not been approved by Windows or something like that If I don t install those drivers the computer works fine but I cannot get to my GB HDD So I went ahead and installed th drivers and when I get the blue error screen I get this information Technical Information STOP x D x A x x xF EAFB SI r sys - Address F EAFB bast at F DateStamp ed e b Can anyone help me with this problem It s getting really frustrating and I would appreciate any and all help information anyone can give me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xphome-continuous-restart-after-fresh-install.890208/
Relevancy 63.64%

When to use RAID, AHCI or IDE options in BIOS during windows installation?

A:When to use RAID, AHCI or IDE options in BIOS during windows installation?

More than likely you won't be using raid. Which of the other ones you use depends upon your hard drive type. You use AHCI for SATE and IDE for IDE. Have you tried google?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/299930-when-use-raid-ahci-ide-options-bios-during-windows-installation.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all . I just updated my windows 8.1 and boomA restart loop that never ends.Tried f11.f9.f10 esc. And still nothing tried some portable discs of 8.1 and still nothing .Keep on pressing f11 show me a blue screen and nothing works and keep on restarting .Very disapointed frop HP. Looked for the answer for days and nothing . Maybe some one here might help me please.Thank you very much.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-8-1-Restart-loop/td-p/5819018
Relevancy 61.92%

I got someone to reinstall my windows xp because I was getting blue screens of death.
Now I do not have any more blue screens but the first thing I did when I turned on my computer was to plug all my external hard drives into my computer and began to drag files. However, my computer automatically restarted and continued to restart. I took off my external hard drives and after a few more loops, i managed to get into windows. I put the external hard drives back in and it went back to the restart loop.

This morning, I restarted without the external hard drive and it did not restart out of no where yet.

Could it really be because of my external hard drives?

I have windows xp sp2 professional and my external hard drives are Western Digital My Books

A:restart loop windows xp

A restart loop like this is probably due to Windows crashing and automatically rebooting; this is the default behavior of Windows when it crashes.We'll need to disable the automatic restart setting so that you can see the error message being generated. With that message, we can narrow down the problem and find a solution.Start your computer but do not attach any of your external drives.To disable automatic restart on system error:1. Right-click on the My Computer icon (either on your desktop or in the Start Menu) and click on Properties.2. In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.3. Locate the Startup and Recovery area and click on the Settings button.4. In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.5. Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.6. Click OK in the System Properties window.Now, start connecting your external drives and do whatever you've been doing in the past to cause the system to restart.Eventually, you'll trigger the system crash. Instead of restarting, though, you'll see the dreaded Blue Screen of Death (BSoD), it will look something like this:Now, get out a pencil and paper and copy down the information given about the crash. Specifically, everything that appears below the Technical information: line (be sure to copy down that long number exactly!)Post the info here and we can start to figure this out.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/234019/restart-loop-windows-xp/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello ! I have just encountered a pretty serious problem. Suddenly any browser ceased to respond, so I restarted the computer, and before the screen went dark I saw a prompt saying CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED or something along the lines. Windows loaded slowly and any attempt of operation failed after a few clicks. Once again, I restarted but then it seems that my computer was caught in an endless loop of "Windows has detected a problem and will restart." It has tried to fix itself but no change.
Thanks !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-restart-loop.1166326/
Relevancy 61.92%

My computer, which I update on release day of Windows 10, is stuck in a constant reboot loop. It says it try's to start automatic repair. Help????

A:Windows 10 restart loop

Are you able to get into Windows at all?
Can you get into Safe Mode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585495/windows-10-restart-loop/
Relevancy 61.92%

I didn't know where to post my problem It's not exactly a BSOD problem So I have this notebook Sony Vaio NW a in loop Windows restart AF since It never had any problem before Four months ago I installed Ubuntu with wubi windows ubuntu installer and everything went well until couple weeks ago Suddenly my Windows in a restart loop Windows began to restart every time it gets to the initial screen the one with de Windows' logo I believe that before this happen there were an update on Windows but I don't know if this is the problem The wierd part is that I can boot the Ubuntu it actually starts and that's where I am now However I've never accessed any Windows' file from here because some people say it can cause me problems I've tried everything I could find on the internet Everything people do when there is this kind of loop on Windows I also tried everything that people suggest when the safe mode gets stuck on classpnp sys I've tried bootrec and scan but since I don't have the disc repair and I'm forced to use the repair on the notebook I keep getting an error message telling me there is a repair going on I've disabled the option of quot restart whenever gets system error quot and it just freezes in a black screen Things I've tried in a hardware level I've removed my memory i've cleaned everything Specs - Windows Home Premium x - Original OS - OEM - Age of system years - Age of OS years I've never re-installed

A:Windows in a restart loop

Start with these free, bootable hardware diagnostics: Initial Hardware Diagnostics
Post back with the results and we'll move on from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237124-windows-restart-loop.html
Relevancy 61.92%

hey, i have been having a ***** of a time trying to fix my damn windows xp. and obviously my problem is the restart loop.i have no idea how it happened, my parents are divorced so i travel back and forth. when i returned from my mothers i turned it on only to find it had looped. i thought it was a small error but after i left it for 6 hours looping i knew there was an isuue, i have done extensive research into the matter and not one repair method has worked. i have brought it to many tech specialty stores and the only advice they offered was to burn the damn thing and buy a new one. i might have to do that and lose all my data but i ask you people of the interwebs for your help please!

A:windows pc restart loop

First off use the method in the link below to back up your data now. Then we can try to repair it.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-pc-restart-loop.888308/
Relevancy 61.49%

I just changed my disk setup from SATA HDD Primary OS Disk x SATA HDD Backup Disks in RAID TO SATA SSD Primary OS Disk SATA HDD Backup Disk No RAID Windows Start RAID/AHCI at SATA BSOD setting BIOS Switching causes Everything worked great no problem So since I don't have a RAID array anymore I decided that I could change my BIOS setting to AHCI instead of RAID I have a Gigabyte GA-P -DS R v mobo These are my steps Settings gt Integrated Peripherals gt quot SATA RAID AHCI Mode quot RAID -- gt Changed this setting to AHCI Reboot Windows Start screen shows up but as the color orbs are spinning into focus BSOD and immediate restart Repeated reboot several times same outcome Next Switching BIOS SATA RAID/AHCI setting causes BSOD at Windows Start Step Launch BIOS settings Integrated Peripherals gt quot Onboard SATA IDE Ctrl Mode quot RAID -- gt Changed this setting to AHCI Reboot Windows Start screen shows up but as the color orbs are spinning into focus BSOD and immediate restart Repeated reboot several times same outcome Switch both settings back to RAID reboot and Windows starts up just fine no issues What am I missing Why can't I set it to AHCI mode without BSODs

A:Switching BIOS SATA RAID/AHCI setting causes BSOD at Windows Start

This is a hard one. As I'm sure you know, there should be no difference (to Windows) for RAID vs AHCI. It is normally the same driver, and the same registry setting.

So here is my WAG: maybe you need to have all 3 hard drives connected to break the RAID and change to AHCI.

Once completed, you would then remove the extra drive. Hopefully you have not formatted or changed that drive at all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/221972-switching-bios-sata-raid-ahci-setting-causes-bsod-windows-start.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I am "Preparing continuous Vista Windows desktop..." your loop on a Dell Studio laptop running Vista Service Pack I got an update pack from windows last night but since rebooting my login seems to be corrupted It shows a quot Preparing your desktop quot instead of logging Windows Vista "Preparing your desktop..." continuous loop in takes about min then shows me a default blank desktop with none of Windows Vista "Preparing your desktop..." continuous loop my files I tried restoring to before the update rstrui but have the same problem I tried creating a new user with admin priveledges logging into that admin copying the files from Users Matt my main corrupted admin account to Users Matt logging Windows Vista "Preparing your desktop..." continuous loop into Matt same problem I rebooted hit F went into safe mode with cmd prompt By typing SET I saw that despite logging in to username Matt I got this Username Matt USERPROFILE C Users Temp So it's creating Temp usernames hence my blank desktop and lack of settings I tried SFC SCANFILE c WINDOWS SYSTEM WINLOGON EXE and everything checked out fine I tried sfc SCANNOW and things got interesting Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them Details are included in the CBS Log windir Logs CBS CBS log For example C Windows Logs CBS CBS log What do I do now Please just because I walked through the steps above does not mean I know what I'm doing All of those steps are processes I've read in the forums but now I'm at a wall Please help Matt

A:Windows Vista "Preparing your desktop..." continuous loop

Also, this is a work computer, so I'm trying to preserve things like my e-mail folders and correspondence organization in Windows Mail...I can see that the files exist under Users/Matt, but I'd be pretty upset to lose them to an update. Please consider this in replies. Thanks in advance!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-preparing-your-desktop-continuous-loop-506523.html
Relevancy 61.49%

One night i resat my computer it was working before I resat it it was just fine but a little slow. When it loaded back up it started going in a continuous loop from the please wait you get when win is loading to a blank screen then the please wait again. I looked on the web for this problem and found something about the same error that was happen on a system that was using Vesta. They suggested to go to safe mode and disable your graphic driver so i tried that and it didn't work, so i need other suggestions that I can do to help me fix this problem.

A:Continuous Loop

Welcome to the Forum Harbenger.
So we better understand things better what do you mean by this from post #1

Quote:
One night i resat my computer it was working before I resat it

How did you reset your computer?
What method did you use?
Their will be others by to ask question and give suggestions.
The more information we have the better guidance we can give.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/319175-continuous-loop.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have installed a Samsung Pro Gb SSD into my ZT System machine and am trying to get around a clean install The drive runs but I cannot get AHCI to work when I turn it on in the AMI BIOS I have made the registry tweaks three but I cannot remember which three at this time as I am at work and not in front of the machine at home I also downloaded the latest AMD drivers for my G SB chipset and installed it I assume it installed correctly even though kbb something or other now routinely crashes after boot Infinite Loop AHCI Boot Problem is when I change AHCI Infinite Boot Loop the BIOS setting to AHCI the BIOS boots next screen is initializing AHCI all drives are then listed and Windows begins booting A few seconds later the Windows icon freezes then a blue screen flashes much t o fast to read not a BSOD AHCI Infinite Boot Loop and the BIOS boots again beginning an infinite loop I cannot activate the scroll lock key in the BIOS so I have unsuccessfully tried to stop the blue screen with the pause key I have not been able to locate any log files that tell me the information on the blue screen I am suspecting it maybe a driver issue Going into safe mode and logging does not help in that each Win boot the file is overwritten so when I am forced to return the BIOS from AHCI to IDE that boot is the safe mode file that is left At this time I am seriously considering a fresh install but would much rather not do that The machine has been on line almost years now Does anyone have any fresh ideas or possibly a way to scroll through the boot process so as to be able to read the blue screen that is flashing or a log file with such I know it is information telling me the problem

A:AHCI Infinite Boot Loop

I had same problem with AHCI when I first used it a couple years ago and a fresh install was my fix.

See if this helps ya out:

Enabling AHCI On Windows 7 Post Install | xaueious

Note: Switch BIOS back to AHCI not in play first... do it, then re-enable AHCI [in case that wasn't clear 8)]

Almost 4 years on one 7 install, yikes, I'd be doing a fresh.... muhahaha!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/299195-ahci-infinite-boot-loop.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,
I have a problem with win 7 that restart in loop.
First problem become when I not know how but in BIOS changed settings from RAID1 to IDE Controler.
Win become to restart, I return settings to RAID1 but have the same problem.
I try to make with instalation CD:
- system recovery
- cmd bootrec with fixmbr, fixboot, rebildbcd, then chkdsk /r, sfc /scannow, ... without success

With bootrec /rebuildbcd give me error total windows instalation 0.
After another restart I have sometimes error depend of options I try, described in upper text:
- \BOOT\BCD, press ENTER and restart
- 0xc0000006b (00000000,00000000,0000000) and restart in loop
- lunch recovery repair or start windows normally if chose all of this two options win restart in loop

Anyone have a quick resolution of the problem or I need to reinstall win 7?
I have to many data, programs and settings that I lost with new installation.
Please help if possible.
Thanks.

A:Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit restart in loop

You may have a look ....

Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/242376-windows-7-ultimate-64-bit-restart-loop.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hy guys. I have a Dell Laptop (and Inspirion 15R SE - 7520) but after uninstaling a beta version of AMD Catalyst, my laptop entered in BSoD loop. Whenever i try to boot it, it restart and try to auto repair. Doesnt work. I alredy tryied to use a restoration point but doesnt work too. Tryied following Windows instructions, fixing MRB (MBR), etc. Nothing. Please guys. Help me!

Sorry for bad english.

A:Windows 8 BSoD restart loop

The next time the system tries to repair, let it finish. On the subsequent boot, hold down your power button while Windows 8 is loading (you'll see a white circle of dots going around) to turn off the system. Start the system up again, then hold down the power button again when you see Windows 8 loading again. Start the system up again, and you should be given advanced options for booting. Use the Troubleshooting options to select Safe Mode.Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode) - Microsoft Windows HelpIn Safe Mode, go into device manager and uninstall your display adapters by expanding the display adapters area, right clicking each display adapter, and selecting the uninstall option. Make sure to Delete driver software for this device when prompted to do so by putting a tick in the box.Open Device Manager

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-8-bsod-restart-loop-694108.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi So I have searched a couple of topics about this but no definite fix has been found so I was hoping now there maybe a fix Anyway some history I upgraded to Windows recently and it was working okay until I changed the 'theme colour' of the desktop then the screen went black and stayed black So I tried booting from safe mode to disable my video drivers but when Windows loaded the screen would just keep flickering the colour I changed the desktop to and nothing would load My next attempt to solve this was to try repairing the startup but no errors were found so I tried the reset option but towards the end it would say Windows was restart loop 10 64% Windows update unable to reset Finally I Windows 10 update 64% restart loop tried to use a boot usb to reinstall Windows bit Pro that way and it would begin the install then restart and load the installation screen but come up with an error message saying 'Windows encountered and unexpected error press ok to restart' and this would continue to happen so I did some research and found this http heresjaken com the-computer-r on-of-windows And followed the steps which told me to change a hkey value in the setup file from to This got rid of the error message but now my computer boots normally then the installation screen comes up but is stuck at the installation mark then the computer restarts which continues to happen with no change I have also tried plugging my laptop into the router via Ethernet but it doesn't help I would really love to avoid doing a clean install and losing all my files since my backup hdd has also crashed so I have nothing Anyone know of any fixes Ps I read a potential fix from this topic www tenforums com installation-setup -stuck-loop-during-windows- -reset html For someone experiencing the same problem but I am unsure if it would work last comment Thank you for your time

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/35733-windows-10-update-64-restart-loop.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Yesterday I tried to install windows 8 from windows 7. While it was installing, my pc restarted and now whenever it restarts it gives me a message saying: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot process. To install Windows, click OK to restart the computer and then restart the installation.

The question is what should I do to get out of this. Can I revert back to windows 7 and what OS is my computer currently running if any at all? I tried starting in safe mode but it failed because the installation failed. I tried using a windows 7 disc although I'm not sure if it is the correct disc and it doesn't boot. I tried setting it to boot on cdrom only and it always goes back to trying to install windows.

A:Windows 8 installation restart loop

Welcome to EightForums.

For Windows 7

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

For windows 8.

Try Cleaning the HD Drive, using Step one in this tutorial:
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation - Windows 7 Forums
& than Reboot PC to install.
Clean Install with Windows 8 Upgrade

Clean Install - Windows 8
If you have a uEFI BIOs:
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/14128-windows-8-installation-restart-loop.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Greetings,

I have a problem with Windows Update. The system(windows update)
returns that must be rebooted to install important updates-
of course after a restart situation is the same

A step that i taken :

FIX tool WU
Stop update service -> change the name of the directory -> restart services
Stop update service -> delete the data in catalogs Download and Data ( c: \ windows \ Software Distribution -> restart services
Windows Update Diagnostic Tool - > at the end I get an error : 80070003
Any update fixes from Microsoft
CHKDSK repair and scannow

I am attaching log ( c: \ windows \ logs and c : \ windows \ Software Distribution

Any thoughts?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/382793-windows-update-restart-loop.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I want to thank in advance whoever decides to help me and also apologize in advance if I m not as tech savvy as many of the people loop restart Sirefef?/Windows who come to this site forum for help I believe I have sort of Sirefef infection that s causing my windows to continuously restart I ve seen it in a few different topics here so I m hoping it s fixable At the beginning of the week I had trouble with google searches redirecting me and used malwarebytes and thought I had resolved the problem but it began doing it again just yesterday My friend suggested I download Microsoft Security Essentials since I had no antivirus I did and scanned and found sirefef but when it tried to clean it a Sirefef?/Windows restart loop small window popped up that said Windows has encountered a critical error and will restart Now it does this every time I turn it on restarting about a minute or two after it loads up MSE keeps detecting sirefef and trying to clean it when it loads as well Since I can t even turn it on it seems I can t provide a log at the moment but I did download farbar as that appears to be the first step I ve seen on many of these similar problems I have not run it however as I don t want to mess things up any further by stumbling on blindly

A:Sirefef?/Windows restart loop

Greetings And Welcome To The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems. I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive. Plug the flash-drive into the infected PC. Enter System Recovery Options. To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options: Restart the computer. As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears. Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item. Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next. Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next. Select your user account an click Next.To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc: Insert the installation disc. Restart your computer. If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings. Click Repair your computer. Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next. Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next. Select your user account and click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup RepairSystem RestoreWindows Complete PC RestoreWindows Memory Diagnostic ToolCommand Prompt[*]Select Command Prompt[*]In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.[*]The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.[*]Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.[*]In the command window type e:\frst.exe and press Enter Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.[*]The tool will start to run.[*]When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.[*]First Press the Scan button.[*]It will make a log... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461813/sirefefwindows-restart-loop/
Relevancy 61.06%

I've had my acer computer for a bit more than a year now. Except for some doka virus last year it has been working perfectly fine.

Now it won't start. I get to the start screen, (before log-on) but when I press the screen to enter the log-on page it says: ":( Your PC ran into some problems and needs to restart, we will collect some info, bla bla, SYSTEM_ERROR_EXEPTION"

And the same thing happens over and over.

I don't have a windows 8 cd or any other cd's from acer.

What can I do? I hope some one out there can help me :)

The best, Kirstine

A:Restart loop in windows 8.1 (acer)

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

You're going to need a Windows 8 Installation CD or recovery CD. This won't easily solved without one.

See if you can boot your system into Safe Mode:

5 Ways to Boot into Safe Mode in Windows 8 & Windows 8.1

How far past a year is the system in terms of age? One year + two months?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/restart-loop-in-windows-8-1-acer-906322.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I errantly switched the BIOS setting from Raid-AHCI to IEDI while attempting to allow my system to recognize a newly installed SSD nbsp The plan was to clone my HDD to the SSD as the boot Won't BIOS to from and No Boot Acc... RAID-AHCI IDE BIOS Change drive but it wasn't seen in windows nbsp Initially was able to see it in the BIOS settings nbsp Long story short I switched from Raid-AHCI to IEDI and have not been able to boot the PC BIOS Change from RAID-AHCI to IDE Won't Boot and No BIOS Acc... since nbsp On boot the pc turns on and the fans for the power supply and NVIDIA cards spin but there is nothing visual taking place on the monitor It's BIOS Change from RAID-AHCI to IDE Won't Boot and No BIOS Acc... as if the devices are getting power but the motherboard doesn't know they are there nbsp Tried clearing the CMOS unplugged took out CMOS battery held reset button and that didn't seem to make a difference nbsp There is supposed to be a recovery jumper on the MB E but the pins seem to be missing on my motherboard so that's not an option nbsp I'm pretty sure that BIOS Change from RAID-AHCI to IDE Won't Boot and No BIOS Acc... if I can get the MB back to Raid-AHCI mode it should respond for me again nbsp Unfortunately without access to the BIOS on boot I have no idea how to do that nbsp Any and all suggestions are welcome nbsp Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/BIOS-Change-from-RAID-AHCI-to-IDE-Won-t-Boot-and-No-BIOS/td-p/5566239
Relevancy 60.63%

Had problems with my Acer Aspire 8943g yesterday so ended up restoring windows 7 to factory settings. All seemed fine. It started installing all the acer stuff that goes on the first time you use the computer. I turned it off for the night, went to work and I've come back home and turned it on and it's on an infinite loop. The splash screen comes up, disappears with a blinking _ at the top left for about a second, then it goes black for another second then back to the splash screen and so fourth. What the hell??? (Also safe mode is not possible to enter. F8 does nothing. Only F2 and F12.

Relevancy 60.63%

Ok so i have a dell 1501 laptop running XP. My brother turned it off with out shutting it down and when i went to restart it loops chkdsk continuously with no end. how can i fix this???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/chkdsk-continuous-loop-318299.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I am running Windows XP Home Service Pack Build The system shows that quot Booting Continuous While Loop Windows is Starting quot then it gets to the quot To begin click Continuous Loop While Booting your user name quot screen and a system error box appears showing X in red circle System Shutdown This system is shutting down Please save all work in progress and log off Any unsaved changes will be lost This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY or is blank in most cases Time before shutdown The system process C WINDOWS system lsass exe terminated unexpectedly with status code - The system Continuous Loop While Booting will now shut down and restart It then shuts down and attempts to restart and continues in this loop I have attempted to boot up in Safe Mode but it gets to a point and then the same message appears I suspect I have to run the Hijackthis exe but I can't get to a point where I can bring Windows all the way up Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks JackDar

A:Continuous Loop While Booting

In Safe Mode do you have access to the Start button? If so Start>run and type shutdown -a may halt the countdown so you can continue booting.If you are then able to boot in Safe Mode run scans with every anti-virus and anti-spyware product you have installed. Can you download the McAfee AVERT Stinger utility (also see instructions for use) from here:Stinger-to another computer and then transfer it to your own system via a USB flash drive or CDROM?Come back with some info about whatever security software you have - if you already have HJT in your system then the guys and gals in the HJT forum may be able to help you in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/36917/continuous-loop-while-booting/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am running windows 2k pro and I just recently did an online renewal for Mcafee anti virus. After I finished the online renewal and the upgrade was downloaded I was prompted to restart my computer. I did. Now my computer is in a continuous reboot loop. There is a screen that flashes an error message " physical memory dump" during the continuous reboot. I no longer have my windows 2k pro disk to do a restore? Please help. Thank you.

Relevancy 60.63%

(OS c/b 8?) Power on. HP Logo flashes briefly; boot stops and restarts; repeats ad infinitum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/440-G2-in-continuous-reset-loop/td-p/5827083
Relevancy 60.63%

Hoping someone can help me escape this reboot loop Upon turning on my PC the I get Loop Continuous Startup as far as the Windows icon showing the system booting up Continuous Startup Loop then an hour glass then back to a black screen as the computer automatically reboots and begins the cycle again I ve done some research online and found others have worked on this problem with check disk commands and safe mode start ups The problem is even when started in safe mode it reboots I am not able to get to a command Continuous Startup Loop prompt at this point to try anything The machine is an HP Continuous Startup Loop pavillion n running windows XP XP came installed when this desktop was purchased new years ago This particular computer is not even used to access the internet so I have a hard time believing its virus related I ve checked that the power supply is secure and the fan seems to be operating as usual The only change I made to any software or systems today was to add several legitimate fonts to the control panel Any ideas Even a suggestion on getting a command prompt would be progress at this point Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

My computer is in serious trouble and I hope someone here can help me! My computer is in a continuous loop of rebooting itself when it is trying to start up Windows. I cannot get it to Safeboot, last known good configuration or anything like that. I do have the Recovery Console but I don't know how to use it. Right before this started my AVG popped up that I had a virus. My computer did a reboot on its own and it hasn't started Windows since. I have gotten this when I disabled the auto restart: STOP c000021a it terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x0000000) The system has been shut down. Please let me know what I need to do to get this fixed hopefully! This is a Gateway that is about 4 years old. Thanks for the help!

Missy

A:Continuous reboot loop

My computer is in serious trouble and I hope someone here can help me! My computer is in a continuous loop of rebooting itself when it is trying to start up Windows. I cannot get it to Safeboot, last known good configuration or anything like that. I do have the Recovery Console but I don't know how to use it. Right before this started my AVG popped up that I had a virus. My computer did a reboot on its own and it hasn't started Windows since. I have gotten this when I disabled the auto restart: STOP c000021a it terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x0000000) The system has been shut down. Please let me know what I need to do to get this fixed hopefully! This is a Gateway that is about 4 years old. Thanks for the help!Missy Hi, That stop error sounds like inaccessible boot device, which could be possible if a virus did wipe the boot record from the drive. Also make sure that you do indeed have Windows XP Recovery Console (in my experience, some users get the Recovery Console and System Recovery options mixed up). Recovery Console is very crippled version of a Windows command prompt and System Recovery (when it actually works) restores your system to what it was when it came from the factory (usually nowadays by re-writing the operating system partition from the hidden system recovery partition). Anyways, we want the first option, it should load and ask you to select which Windows to load, if you have only one OS, it should be the only one listed so you would select 1, you should now be asked for the system's administrator account's password (This is the password for the built in Administrator account), if it has not been set, press enter as it is usually blank anyway, if you do know the password, enter it in. If your successful, you will end up at a command prompt at the prompt type the following:fixmbr [hit enter key]chkdsk /r [hit enter key]exit [hit enter key] the system should reboot and hopefully it will work fine. Note: if you can't get into recovery console (unknown password??) I do have a special DOS boot CD that will allow you to run the Windows chkdsk from regular DOS. It can be found on my site (see signature) and search for 'special boot cd'. I won't post a direct link to it as that would likely be considered redundant. Hopefully that will work for you.Jeffrey Disclaimer: I am NOT a certified expert (yet), I did graduate college with an A.S. Degree in I.T. and have been working with computers since I was 11 years old and am fairly knowledgeable with Windows 2000/XP, I also volunteer on allexperts.com as a Windows XP expert and have helped a lot of users. Use my suggestions at your own risk. Most of my advice comes directly from past experiences.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182883/continuous-reboot-loop/
Relevancy 60.63%

As far as I can tell the home computer was put into hibernation safely and properly last night as I do most of the nights when I loop-- Continuous :o( Help! boot-up go to bed otherwise I shut it down completely Anyway So I wake up this morning turn it on and it starts over as though it were completely shut off already - odd but whatever Continuous boot-up loop-- Help! :o( So it boots up rather quickly especially noticeable at the part where the thick white-with-black-loading-stripes zips across the bottom of the screen everything else blank gets to Windows XP's messages screen juuust before loading your desktop mouse is moveable at this point And then the screen goes black and the loading process starts all over again On rare occasion I'll see a flash of my desktop for a brief second before it loops SAFE MODE DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING o Bios loads up but I can't really do anything of use in there that I can figure out What could this be I checked all connections wires etc All good THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP in advance

A:Continuous boot-up loop-- Help! :o(

Anyone got any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/continuous-boot-up-loop-help-o-299500.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi

When I start my Dell laptop, it shows "Preparing Automatic Repair" and then shows the blue screen of death. The blue screen of death has following texts.
Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you.
If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error WDF_VIOLATION.

Now this is going into infinite loop. I'm not getting any other options. Web search brings lot's of video's but they all ends up with "Advance Options". In my case the loop is not even bringing "Advance Option"

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/55946-infinite-loop-windows-10-restart-problem.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

I seem to have the same issue as this topic http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic458990.html

After having uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Security Essentials, a scan found a virus/trojan and a message came up saying that Windows would automatically restart in one minute. The computer is now stuck in a loop of automatically restarting every time Windows opens. I've read the other topics on this and run the Farbar scan. I will put the log below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I have no other computer at home, so there may be a day or two between me replying to any messages as I try to use either my friend's computer or my computer at work.

Thanks in advance.

A:Windows Vista automatic restart loop

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST written by Farbar) Version: 20-07-2012 01
Ran by SYSTEM at 21-07-2012 20:47:32
Running from G:\
Windows Vista ™ Home Premium (X86) OS Language: English(US)
The current controlset is ControlSet002

========================== Registry (Whitelisted) =============

HKLM\...\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe [142104 2007-05-25] (Intel Corporation)
HKLM\...\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe [154392 2007-05-25] (Intel Corporation)
HKLM\...\Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe [138008 2007-05-25] (Intel Corporation)
HKLM\...\Run: [SynTPStart] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPStart.exe [102400 2007-08-15] (Synaptics, Inc.)
HKLM\...\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe [x]
HKLM\...\Run: [NDSTray.exe] NDSTray.exe [x]
HKLM\...\Run: [topi] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Toshiba Online Product Information\topi.exe -startup [581632 2007-07-10] (TOSHIBA)
HKLM\...\Run: [Desktop SMS] C:\Program Files\IDM\Desktop SMS\DesktopSMS.exe /auto [1507328 2007-06-18] (Interactive Digital Media)
HKLM\...\Run: [TPwrMain] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.EXE [411192 2007-03-29] (TOSHIBA Corporation)
HKLM\...\Run: [SmoothView] %ProgramFiles%\Toshiba\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe [509496 2007-04-03] (TOSHIBA Corporation)
HKLM\...\Run: [00TCrdMain] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe [538744 2007-05-22] (TOSHIBA Corporation)
HKLM\...\Run: [Toshiba Registration] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Registration\ToshibaRegistration.exe [571024 2007-05-04] (Toshiba)
HKLM\...\Run: [Skytel] Skytel.exe [x]
HKLM\...\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe" [843712 2012-01-02] (Adobe Systems Incorporated)
HKLM\...\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime [421888 2011-10-24] (Apple Inc.)
HKLM\...\Run: [APSDaemon] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe" [59240 2011-09-26] (Apple Inc.)
HKLM\...\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe" [254696 2012-01-18] (Sun Microsystems, Inc.)
HKLM\...\Run: [MSC] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe" -hide -runkey [931200 2012-03-26] (Microsoft Corporation)
HKU\Carl\...\Run: [TOSCDSPD] TOSCDSPD.EXE [x]
HKU\Carl\...\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe [125952 2008-01-18] (Microsoft Corporation)
HKU\Carl\...\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background [4280184 2012-03-08] (Microsoft Corporation)
HKU\Carl\...\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Users\Carl\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c [116648 2012-06-07] (Google Inc.)
HKU\Carl\...\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe [202240 2008-01-18] (Microsoft Corporation)
HKU\Default\...\Run: [TOSCDSPD] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\TOSCDSPD.exe [436088 2007-06-27] ()
HKU\Default User\...\Run: [TOSCDSPD] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\TOSCDSPD.exe [436088 2007-06-27] ()
Winlogon\Notify\GoToAssist: C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToAssist\570\G2AWinLogon.dll [X]
Winlogon\Notify\igfxcui: igfxdev.dll (Intel Corporation)
Tcpip\Parameters: [DhcpNameServer] 19... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461798/windows-vista-automatic-restart-loop/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have two PCs a Dell desktop and a Sony laptop Purchased last June yesterday I received the windows updates so I installed them on my Dell desktop no problems it installed it and install new when 8.1 updates Restart I loop windows shut Restart loop when I install new windows 8.1 updates down the PC just fine and I am on it right now but with the Sony laptop Restart loop when I install new windows 8.1 updates its nothing but problems I installed the updates it reboots just fine but when Restart loop when I install new windows 8.1 updates I try shutting down the laptop it just goes back to a loop like it keeps on booting up then crashes then I have to restore it to August th and then it shuts down fine so I am not sure what is going on is there a particular update that is causing this I wont install it I just cant figure it out and I have done the system restore times already it will say I have updates to install including optional one so I just installed of them to see if it would work and then I shut down the computer and same issue so something Im installing is causing this problem

A:Restart loop when I install new windows 8.1 updates

Hi Lakerfanalways,

I would suggest you to post your problem in this thread :- Windows Updates & Activation - Windows 8 Forums

As in this thread we only deal with problems related to Blue Screens ^_^.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51819-restart-loop-when-i-install-new-windows-8-1-updates.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Ok I have a really loop) BOOT restart PLEASE XP(enters HELP CANNOT WINDOWS horrible problem that I cannot figure out PLEASE HELP CANNOT BOOT WINDOWS XP(enters restart loop) what is wrong Here is the story I first tried to boot my computer into safe made after a normal shutdown because I was going to get rid of an annoying system file When I tried to boot into safe mode my computer just went into a restarting loop It would go PLEASE HELP CANNOT BOOT WINDOWS XP(enters restart loop) the the black screen that says windows XP where it is loading and then the screen would go blank and my computer would restart Then it would continue that loop I tried loading into all the modes including last know good config but it does the same thing I then figured that my OS was corrupt so I reformatted my HDD partition with windows XP on it and reinstalled It would install part of the way but during the part where its copying files before it goes into a GUI mode it would hang up on keymgr dll everytime i tried I read about this and it said to just hold down the enter key a k a retry and it would eventually go This worked and it kept going When Windows XP install was almost complete during the saving settings step it popped up errors that said that there were some bad spots in memory or something of that nature So it finished installing and it ran Windows I started to install updates and during SP update install it crashed no blue screen and started the restart loop again During this restart loop it would pop up an error message really fast that i was lucky enough to capture it all it said quot Insufficient System Resources exists to complete the API quot Based on that message i tried to put RAM from another computer in mine That did not work Then I thought maybe my HDD was junk so i put a little GB HDD I had laying around in and installed Windows XP on that It installed fine and during SP installation it locked up and I got blue screen something about the kernel So i turned off the computer in hopes of retrying the SP install but it wouldnt boot Windows XP it stayed in same resort loop PHEW thats where I am at and my frustration is through the roof so please help me Best Buy wants just to tell me what is wrong That is INSANE nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hey everyone, I was trying to reinstall windows 7 on laptop using a dvd. Everything seems to go smoothly until the very end. I put in my name, time settings etc. After it restarts, it says "windows is loading files", it goes to the windows start screen and then it restarts. It keeps doing this in an infinite loop. Do you guys have any idea what I might be doing wrong? Thanks in advance

A:Problem installing windows 7, restart loop

Hello and welcome to TSF!! What reason for reinstalling Windows 7? Any issues with the computer to make you want to reinstall or did you have Windows 8 installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-installing-windows-7-restart-loop-838346.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi there I attempting to help my cousin fix his only computer remotely The Dell laptop will start up fine in safe mode with networking but keeps restarting in in Loop Restart Endless Windows 64 Bit Vista normal mode I have included the Endless Restart Loop in Windows Vista 64 Bit DDS log and the GMER although nothing was detected I attempted to run Endless Restart Loop in Windows Vista 64 Bit GMER but it didn t correspond with the instructions from BC exactly so I need some direction It s my first experience with a bit OS Thank you in advance and here s the logs DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD NETWORK Run by Carl at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Spybot - Search and Destroy disabled Updated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system mfevtps exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files x Instant Housecall Instant Housecall exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC Users Carl AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Carl AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Carl AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Carl Downloads dds scrC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp my earthlink net uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by DelluDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllBHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllBHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dllBHO Lexmark Toolbar a c- f - -a d-edd ac f - C Program Files x Lexmark Toolbar toolband dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO McAfee Phishing Filter b a- - a -b -be afe ab - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dllBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dllBHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dllBHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - C Program Files x Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dllBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllBHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dllBHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - C Program Files x Dell BAE BAE dllBHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dllBHO SingleInstance Class fdad da - a - fd - c - f ac - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dllBHO HP Smart BHO Class ffffffff-cf e- f b-bdc - e e a - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing... Read more

A:Endless Restart Loop in Windows Vista 64 Bit

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361110/endless-restart-loop-in-windows-vista-64-bit/
Relevancy 60.63%

Ok so I have Windows 7 PC and ever since it was purchased, whenever your Restart, it just do an infinite reboot loop. This only happens when RESTARTING and not when SHUTTING DOWN.

I need fix on this as my Windows 10 Upgrade is ready and the upgrade just doesn't complete because during the upgrade, windows tends to restart several times and I'm getting this infinite reboot loop.

A:Windows 7 infinite reboot loop on RESTART only

Is it running an AV like Norton or another anti-virus? If so I would try uninstalling, then running a removal or cleanup tool for that specific AV program. Then clean the Registry with CCleaner.

If none of that helps turn on boot logging in msconfig. The log file is named C:\Windows\ntbtlog.txt. It may give a clue what the fault is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/378956-windows-7-infinite-reboot-loop-restart-only.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi Guys,

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 has gotten stuck in a loop where it wants to restart and then when your restart it doesn't do anything update related, it just restarts. Can anyone help?!

Ybotmallah.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/386238-windows-update-stuck-restart-loop.html
Relevancy 60.63%

My laptop is stuck in a restart loop after attempting to factory reset. I am selling the laptop so I exported all of my files and then went to wipe it by doing a full factory reset. About 50% into the reset it told me that it failed, and then asked if I wanted to restart. I hit yet and now it will only load the blue HP symbol, shut down, restart, get to this same screen and then so on. I have ran the short diagnostic, and the extensive diagnostic and both have come back with no errors/failures/etc.  HELP ME PLEASE.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-2000-w-Windows-10-stuck-in-restart-loop/td-p/5844211
Relevancy 60.63%

I have an HP 2000 series that is stuck in a Preparing to Configure Windows restart loop. I am unable to boot into safe mode because no form of F8 or F12 with shift, or control+alt+delete, will take me to the log in page. I am running Windows 8 on this machine. Any idea how to stop this? I never had any recovery disk, as the operating system came pre-installed.

A:Preparing to Configure Windows Restart Loop

With HP's you can tap F11 to start recovery operations.
It should give you an option to backup your stuff first.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605683/preparing-to-configure-windows-restart-loop/
Relevancy 60.2%

Alright all Disk loop Continuous Check i need some help Customer brought computer in because she couldn't get it to boot into normal mode But she could in safe mode I went and got the computer and brought it back to the shop I took the HD Continuous Check Disk loop out and plugged it in to another machine to back up all the data on the HD After that was done i plugged it back into the machine and i couldn't get it to boot in Safe Mode or normal mode So i tried to run a repair from the CD Everything was going as usual when check disk all of the sudden appeared and started running I let it do Continuous Check Disk loop it's thing and after it was done the machine restarted and stated to boot Once it got to the loading Windows screen it started to run check disk all of the sudden Weird Looking for help I know i usually have to give the Specs but i'm am not sure where to find all of them since this computer was built by someone else with different parts P S I ran GW scan and MEM-Test and they both passed

A:Continuous Check Disk loop

Case says Premio

MotherBoard has MS-6566E Ver. 1.

I finally got into the BIOS but where do i find the Specs for the computer.

I'm not a genius. haha

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/continuous-check-disk-loop-379613.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I keep getting this message on my Windows 8.1 Start up.
"Your PC ran in to a problem and needs to restart.We are just collecting some error info, and we will restart for you (0% complete), That's as far as it gets and keeps restarting. I tried to fix it and gave up. I took it to a repair shop and he can't fix it either because he can't get to the Windows product key on the motherboard.

I bought this 4 months ago. If's a Dell Inspiron 15 3531 x64

A:BSOD is in continuous loop & keeps restarting

Hi Shelcrone & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I am really sorry for the delayed response . We all are very busy here and sometimes things just get in the way...

What is the message on the Blue Screen? Could you please upload a screenshot? Did you try re-installing the Windows again? Did this start abruptly or did you do something that might have caused this?

-Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/61717-bsod-continuous-loop-keeps-restarting.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello everyone I am having an issue when freshly installing Windows on a new PC I booted from an USB disk and installed the OS and everything went alright in the beginning The trouble came when I got to windows loop VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE Continuous BSOD I prompted the auto-update to start and after a few minutes the PC restarted itself in the process But when restarting before the windows loading screen I was confronted Continuous VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE BSOD loop with a BSOD with the error message VIDEO TDR FAILURE Nothing else The pc shut down starting up again and again there was the same BSOD This looped back onto itself indefinitively I reinstalled again and this time I tried blocking any and all updates by not hooking up to the internet which worked but resulted in a computer not usable as intended I tried to manually install a few drivers from Intel and Nvidia first and was greeted with the same BSOD when I manually restarted the PC I repeated this process with different drivers Sometimes I got an added nvlddmkm sys in the blue screen but it was always missing when the BSOD loop began I've been working at it for a few days now I tried the suggestions in a few forums http www windows forums com threads continuous-bsod-video-tdr-failure-nvlddmkm-sys nvlddmkm sys Bluescreen Windows http answers microsoft com en-us w e aad auth But none prevented a first BSOD from happening and after the loop the only thing I can do is do a fresh install and start from the beginning As a result I couldn't Continuous VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE BSOD loop find any dump files or error reports Let alone find a way Continuous VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE BSOD loop to get to windows after a BSOD to install the program in your posting instructions thread Leaving me quite neatly in the dark I hope some more experienced minds then mine have an idea what I could do Kind regards Kevin -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My system specs Intel Core i - k Ghz MSI X S SLI Plus Crucial GB DDR - Nvidia GTX GB Asus Xonar DG Cooler Master Hyper Cooler Cooler Master Watt power supply Cooler Master CM III case GB Sata III HDD GB Crucial BX SSD

A:Continuous VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE BSOD loop

Hi Althinor,

Welcome to the 10forums

The video_tdr_failure means that the recovery for the display drivers failed, this can be caused by quite some things.
As I have not much information from your system I'm going to ask a few questions.
Is your BIOS up to date?
How do you install your drivers everytime? Do you install everything that is included in the installation package?
Have you tried to seat the GPU into different slots, if possible?
Please boot into your BIOS and tell me what the 3.3v, 5v and 12v values are.

It sounds to me like your GPU is the cause, but a proper installation of just drivers or a BIOS update can do wonderful things as can reseating the GPU

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/50249-continuous-video_tdr_failure-bsod-loop.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Bought computer in August, 2016. I can get in and see computer info. It says born date 09/06/2016. Either HP or Windows 10 updated last night (10/29) and was in a recovery loop to begin with. I was able to save off the few files I had put on the system. I tried a restore but it did not find a restore point. I tried a system recovery with the CDs I created. Said there was a problem and recovery incomplete. Got caught in this loop for a while. Finally, held start button down for shutdown and now hung up in an HP logo loop. I was able to press the F11 (repeatedly) so that I could get the product info. Computer was bought off amazon.com from LGI Electronics. I have put an email into them but I am stuck in the meantime and thought I would reach out to some HP support. What is going on?

A:Caught in continuous HP logo loop

Okay, did another reboot, pressed the f11 repeatedly and this time the recovery options came back. However, still nothing I have tried works. I am out a lot of money. I had this happen on an old HP, originally running Windows 7 and then upgraded with the free Windows 10. I thought is was a hard disk issue. Now that drive has been completely wiped and I cannot get the drivers needed to restore that one back to 7. This notebook is NEW. It should not be having this problem. And if it is a problem between HP and Windows 10, then someone needs to help me straighten this out....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Caught-in-continuous-HP-logo-loop/td-p/5826886
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Toshiba laptop Satellite L25 S119 and a headache. Since I installed Lavasoft AdAware, it seems to have conflicted with another software program. When I tried to run it, it stated that the definitions file was corrupt. I uninstalled it then downloaded it again thinking that I could install it in Safe Mode. I don't know how this happened but now all my laptop does is a continual re-boot loop that never makes it past the Windows logo sign. When I press F8, I get all of the different options like Safe Mode, Last Known Good Config., etc. but I can't get into them.

I tried to use the System Recovery/Application CD that came with it (after having to go into Setup and changing the boot order) but it said that the only option was to do a complete recovery (?) I don't want to lose all of my data. Can't I do a repair? Help me please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-start-xp-continuous-re-boot-loop-314833.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Help Computer Specs at end of message My problem is kinda like that of quot grecianmyth Sept quot My son had let the computer run all night long and the next day did a normal restart during [SOLVED] Loop Bootup Continuous because it was running slow The horror began It started [SOLVED] Continuous Loop during Bootup at the safe start normal start last known screen None of these work I select any and it just loops back to this screen During Bootup it stops at the file ending in quot agpCPQ sys quot and then loops again The startup disc that came with computer is gone Couldn't find anyone with a XP home cd so I used my XP upgrade to get to the Recovery Console It did But when it asks which OS to use the only one I have listed is quot H MiniNT quot No C Windows During bootup the windows page starts but then goes away I was able to go to the chkdsk and it said it was ok I have also pulled everything out and disconnected things and it is still the same boot problem Saw somewhere to do this Can anyone help me I have the computer within feet of me and I am using my old HP which works just fine all gigobytes The computer with the problems is Emachines W AMD Sempron Processor GHz MHz FSB KB L Cache Hard Drive GB ATA Memory MB DDR SDRAM Video nVIDIA GeForce Thank You in advance

A:[SOLVED] Continuous Loop during Bootup

Hi Litlflea and welcome to TSF,

To stop the rebooting, try this. Tap F8 at boot to get up the Advanced Boot menu. There should be an item there "Disable autorestart on system failure".
Select this and see if it will stop and give you an error code.

When in the Recovery Console, did you get a C: prompt? If so, try Fixmbr and see it that will help.

Best regards,
Mack1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-continuous-loop-during-bootup-347165.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My p.c is 6 months old hardly used because has been in a permanent state of problems being caught in a continuous loop 

A:Caught in a continuous loop of problems with p.c all in one ...

@Davidyoung1 Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out As I understand the computer is rebooting constantly,And you've been having multiple issues on the PC, Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you out,Although, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution: When was the last time the computer booted into windows (Date)?Do you remember interrupting any updates, that may have caused this issue?What steps have you done to resolve this issue before posting on HP Forums?What is the product number of your PC? (Please do not share any personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc..) Eager to help!Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Caught-in-a-continuous-loop-of-problems-with-p-c-all-in-one/td-p/5818703
Relevancy 60.2%

I turned on my computer yesterday and went to log on. When I clicked to log on a window appeared "you must register windows before continuing" When I clicked yes, another box appeared saying "you are already registered" when I click on that it just takes me back to the same thing over and over. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank You

A:Registration continuous loop....VERY FRUSTRATED!

I know that windows whatever operating system it is has to be activated and some programs that arent free have to be registered. but windows itself shouldnt give you that message. im thinking that something somewhere got corrrupted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/registration-continuous-loop-very-frustrated.1117476/
Relevancy 60.2%

Yesterday my computer has been showing me messages saying that 'a program has been terminated' and after this it displays another message saying that the computer is going to restart in seconds These messages appear after ANY program is opened even the Control Panel The first message says The instruction at x b febc or x dd referenced memory at x b febc Computer Restarting Continuous of Loop in is or x dd The memory could not be written Click on OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program The second message says This system is shutting down Please save all Computer is in Continuous Loop of Restarting work in progress and lob off Any unsaved changes will be lost This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM The system process C WINDOWS system services exe terminated unexpectedly with status code I m not sure I had recently gone to some sites trying to watch a video and had opened many sites at once trying to find the video I wanted so there is no definite answer as to what site could have caused this or even if a site did cause this I have a Windows XP labtop ThinkPad R series I use Cisco and Norton on my computer and they have not caused me problems before I have final exams this coming week and it would be very much appreciated if I could get my computer running again Thanks Edit I think I need to add that I have to take the battery out of the labtop before the computer 'restarts' Just a reminder my finals are this week

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-is-in-continuous-loop-of-restarting-438552.html
Relevancy 60.2%

This is my first post so please be patient. I have a Dell Dimension E510 running Windows XP. I got the following error first: svchost.exe application error The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate program Click on Cancel to debug program. No matter what you click on it just keeps coming back up when I finally get it to actually boot up Windows I get a system shutdown message telling me that the system is shutting down and that I should save my work or risk losing it and then references NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM "Windows must now restart because the DCOM Server Process Launching program terminated unexpectedly"

I tried starting in safe mode and I get the blue screen with
" - ?" Please help b4 I spend a fortune taking it in.

A:System Shutdown continuous loop

I have a SIMILAR PROBLEM! After virus attack, got Dell serviced, completely dumped and reloaded Windows XP system. Runs fine at the repair shop, but in my house, keeps shutting down after 5 - 10 minutes. This is my first post, too, so
maybe an expert out there has an idea. I have 2 laptops running wireless in my house, so I know modem works. We shut down all power in the house and disconnected everything tonight for 10 minutes to see if it would clear anything organic in the house electric system. Still shuts down. Help! My computer service tech has no ideas...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-shutdown-continuous-loop.889716/
Relevancy 60.2%
Relevancy 60.2%

This has to be a unique problem since nothing on the web I could find has a solution although some threads apply for PART of my problem At the moment I'm booted on a spare drive I keep for emergencies but can't clone this to my main drive to fix the problem because this spare drive does not have all data mail and upgrade updates Had a hard shutdown because of power failure a few days ago which I loop Can't start XP, chkdsk continuous suspect may have caused the problem which Can't start XP, continuous chkdsk loop problem however did not show up until now for some reason Otherwise I don't know what else could have caused this The problem drive will not start XP media center edition without automatically going into chkdsk chkdsk won't stop by hitting any key I can't get to Safe Mode since the menu options do not work without error messages I can't use the OS CD for the repair option because the result is the hal dll file which is supposedly missing won't load from the Can't start XP, continuous chkdsk loop CD Further checking the Can't start XP, continuous chkdsk loop actual file where it's supposed to be missing by booting on a good HDD with the problem HDD as slave it's not missing and it's where it's supposed to be I even tried copying the supposedly missing file to the system folder from the good HDD but no cigar So in summary my HDD which I've worked on for over two weeks is in a continuous chkdsk loop and nothing I've tried will get me to the desktop or a windows or DOS fix menu that works Am I condemned to reinstall the OS which will obviously lose all my work or can I fix the partition that contains the OS and the dirty bit which causes a continuous dskchk loop

A:Can't start XP, continuous chkdsk loop

To resolve this issue, start the computer from the Windows XP CD, start the Recovery Console, and then use the Bootcfg.exe tool to rebuild the Boot.ini file. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Configure the computer to start from the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. (This is a BIOS setting.)
2. Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, and then restart your computer.
3. When you receive the "Press any key to boot from CD" message, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM.
4. When you receive the "Welcome to Setup" message, press R to start the Recovery Console.
5. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you have to use from the Recovery Console.
6. When you are prompted, type the administrator password, and then press ENTER.
7. At the command prompt, type bootcfg /list, and then press ENTER. The entries in your current Boot.ini file appear on the screen.
8. At the command prompt, type bootcfg /rebuild, and then press ENTER. This command scans the hard disks of the computer for Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 2000, or Microsoft Windows NT installations, and then displays the results. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to add the Windows installations to the Boot.ini file.

a. When you receive a message that is similar to the following message, just press Y:

Code:
Total Identified Windows Installs: 1

[1] C:\Windows
Add installation to boot list? (Yes/No/All)
b. When you receive a message that is similar to the following message:

Code:
Enter Load Identifier
This is the name of the operating system. When you receive this message, type the name of your operating system, and then press ENTER. This is either Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition.

c. When you receive a message that is similar to the following, type /fastdetect, and then press ENTER:

Code:
Enter OS Load options
(NB: The instructions that appear on your screen may be different, depending on the configuration of your computer.)

9. Type exit, and then press ENTER to quit Recovery Console. Your computer restarts, and the updated boot list appears when you receive the "Please select the operating system to start" message.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-start-xp-continuous-chkdsk-loop-105569.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

I'm in the process of repairing a computer and I cannot seem to figure out the issue. The computer I am repairing is a Dell Inspiron M5040 laptop. The error is strange, the computer gets stuck in a boot loop every so often. The only way to access Advanced Startup Options(F8) is to insert a disk and attempt to boot to it, and then back out of the boot process and restart the computer. Then when I select the disable automatic restart on system failure option, it works fine. I also select that option in the control panel.

The computer works for a little while after that. However, if I turn the computer off and let computer sit for a few hours, it starts the loop error again, leaving me to do the same troubleshooting method. This error is very frustrating and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

A:Continuous boot loop error

It sounds like a hardware issue that kicks in when something is cold. Does it have a spinner or SSD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376273-continuous-boot-loop-error.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello nbsp Please somebody help becuase I dont loop restart, repair even after at restoring stuck Windows... know what else to do stuck at restart, repair loop even after restoring Windows... I ve expenden days trying to fix nbsp and we need our notebook back to work urgently nbsp By some reason the notebook get stuck in a black screen after hibernating or restarting nbsp LOOP nbsp Switching power button it enters in a automatic repeir process I try to correct this with CHKDK f r and this allow me to log on windows I installa new antivirus clean the system and reboot But after shutdown it gets stuck nbsp in the black screen Back to LOOP nbsp This loops occurs for every solution I have tried - removing trojans temp files - changed the beahvior of power button to avoid hibernating- Automatic repair boot repair- nbsp Automatic repair restoring rescue point- Fixen MBR and bleep SFC CHDSK DISM - Booting from USB not recognized nbsp - Restonring System failed when the instalaton try to restart guess nbsp what nbsp it gets stuck nbsp in the black screen It gets WORST it gets on loop I get the message windows instalation failed restart instalation press OK and again enters in the loop nbsp message - gt restart Now the system recovery option from the BOOT menu power ESC send me to the windows installation loop not the recovery menu with many options nbsp nbsp After all this I though it could be a hardware problem maybe overheating because this is a warm city Or maybe problems with the cooler nbsp nbsp Please any idea I ve tried everything I saw on the internet nbsp nbsp

A:stuck at restart, repair loop even after restoring Windows...

Hi, How about updating the BIOS of the computer?Make sure to run ONE antivirus program only.Go to start menu and start diagosing the drive (for failure id) Kindly update us with the current status of the computer.Cheers!

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/stuck-at-restart-repair-loop-even-after-restoring-Windows/td-p/5766738
Relevancy 59.77%

I have had to reinstall Windows 7 three times because of this problem. It has to be the Windows updates because after a clean reinstalling of Windows 7, the computer works fine. I am able to download Norton 360, do a system restore disk, download Steam and some games. The next day I turn on the computer, it automatically tries to download and configure updates. It never finishes and it restarts. Eventually it tells me it failed to configure updates and I can get on it again. But Update indicates there are more than 20 or so "important" updates that need to be installed. I disabled automatic updates since the updates are what caused the problem. But I realize it can't stay this way. Eventually I will have to get some of those updates to operate the computer.

I want to consider a new operating system if there is no solution to this.

A:Windows 7 Updates Causing Shutdown/Restart Loop

Welcome,
Please do your reimage again BUT do all of the updates before you add any applications. 360 could be your one exception.
I think that once you have the operating system current, reboot and check for updates at least once after it says there are no more updates. You will be able to add your applications. If you haven't installed and activated 360, do so BEFORE installing any applications, games, etc.
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531139/windows-7-updates-causing-shutdownrestart-loop/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am gonna ty and write this as calmy as possible, but I am in a unique stat eof pissed o fI have never been in before.

I have no clue why this happend. These were the programs I was usig at the time.

Windows Live Mesenger
VLC Player
QuickCam 10

For some reason, my compuer got caught in loop that, despite a restart and unpuing of all usb periphs, has done nothig. I haven't installed anyting in a few';/,.]\hujbvbhjukhy.

weeks..

I desperatly need help. I have multiple imprtat files on my C Drive I can't afford to lose in a reinstall. Are there any other options? Please ASAP. My wall and ceilng fan have already felt pain from this experience..

dthrawn
UPDATE: After eve ore frustratio, it does the loop even when in Safe mode..

A:Windows Explorer in a Fail/Restart loop Nothing I'e done is stopping it

Try booting off a Linux Live CD so you can access the HD and backup your files. Then you can mess with Windows. Run 'Hijack this' tool to see what programs are loading at startup. Sounds like some sort of virus or malware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-in-a-fail-restart-loop-nothing-ie-done-is-stopping-it.606268/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all I m running an ASUS g JX laptop with windows I was recently infected with a virus that froze my startup screen I went into safe mode and Windows 7 restart no mode loop infinite safe , ran amp Windows 7 infinite restart loop , no safe mode insalled ta bunchl of anti-virus Windows 7 infinite restart loop , no safe mode programs avg avast drcureit etc etc They found an infected dll amp some tmp files that were quot infected quot in ie landing or something Now however I cannot boot past the windows logo and it auto-restarts Safemode gives me a c xhs not found error Here s what I Windows 7 infinite restart loop , no safe mode ve tried startup repair cannot fix it and originally gave me a root cause but none now All I get is Problem Event Name Startup Repair Offline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailOver Problem Signature Problem Signature No Root Cause OS Version Local ID K I ve tried running sfc scannow offbotdir c offwindir c as well as D amp it finds no issues I ve run chkdsk r and f on both drives with no problems I ve renamed all of the avg folders and drivers I don t have a windows CD and am doing this though the f repair console would that change the results I ve also tried to read the windows cbs log to check for problem but couldnt make sense of it I am at my wits end someone save me Thanks

A:Windows 7 infinite restart loop , no safe mode

Please be patient, I have reported this topic to the people who deal with this type of issue.

Can you get access to a Windows 7 CD? It can be OEM or Retail, you may need files off of it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455236/windows-7-infinite-restart-loop-no-safe-mode/
Relevancy 59.77%

THis morning I ran Ccleaner had some reg errors backed up reg then quot fixed quot them I updated Malwarebytes but I noticed it got stuck after I hit quot finish quot so I manually shut off my Windows loop: restart BLACK XP Pro past SCREEN won't go computer I didn't want to lose my IE page I waited a few seconds and restarted It came up fine so I double clicked Malwarebytes-my pointer FROZE and had a box of verticle lines hovering over it So since my mouse was frozen I manually shut off again THIS time when I restarted the Toshiba logo did not come on but my computer automatically restarted It restarted times I thought Windows XP Pro restart loop: won't go past BLACK SCREEN it may have overheated so I manually shut off and waited for min to cool off Now it is stuck in a loop of restarting The Toshiba logo does not come up nor will windows begin I can not get into bios OR f for safe mode I tried a windows disc that I have but it will not load from cd either Any ideas my computer is a Toshiba Tecra M mhtz gb RAM I think it's dual Windows XP Pro restart loop: won't go past BLACK SCREEN core Windows XP Professional with NO BOOT DISK or reinstall disk available I tried to use a disk from my son's computer but to no avail Any help would be appreciated as this is my home business computer It has ALL of my cattle information on it and I have NO BACKUP - RecaP I CAN NOT go into safe mode can not access BIOS nor will this restart loop go further than a black screen

A:Windows XP Pro restart loop: won't go past BLACK SCREEN

Hi and welcome to TSF I think you may have caused your self more problems by running the reg cleaner and if you can borrow a copy of xp the same as your installed version you might be able to run a repair

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-pro-restart-loop-wont-go-past-black-screen-672351.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello all thanks for a great site and the help you provide Here's my somewhat Windows loop shutdown/restart Explorer in (Vista) embarrassing problem I have Neverwinter Nights installed on my laptop My son used to play it Windows Explorer in shutdown/restart loop (Vista) as well and said he had downloaded a patch for it a while back I didn't know at the time but apparently instead of getting an official patch he got one from a torrent That was over a year ago I recently went back to play it and wanted to try some new game modules so I downloaded one from fileplanet labeled as an quot official quot Neverwinter Nights quest module When I unzipped it into a new folder on the desktop a message popped up saying quot windows explorer has stopped working quot followed by quot windows explorer is restarting quot This happens on a second loop repeatedly stopping me from using any desktop functions other than Internet Explorer CCleaner and my AV and Spyware software since it closes any other folder or program I try to run When I shut down I get this message quot The instruction at x d d referenced memory at x The memory could not be read quot At startup I get this message quot Error loading c users myname AppData Temp Rpcqt dll The specified module could not be found quot and then the shut down restart loop begins again With some research these are the possible problems I've read about The error loading message is due to malware The downloaded module caused a copyright conflict with the unofficially patched game and secuROM has messed up my system A harmful shell extension is runnng as a result of the download To troubleshoot I have attempted the following Ran all scans Antispyware AV Windows Defender CCleaner and a scandisk in DOS which I'm not versed in at all mind you Result Nothing found Uninstalled the game using CCleaner since my control panel is inaccessible Disabled a cmd shell extension from secuROM However this entry was listed as last modified days ago Saw no other suspect entries The one thing I haven't found a way to do and probably the big red flag here is delete the file itself It's in it's own folder on the desktop but I can't delete it no matter how quickly I try I believe it may be laughing at me I'm having a hard time learning how to use DOS to do this about the only thing I know to do is bring up the file directory which is too long to locate the file Thanks ahead for any help in this matter I will provide any requested information to the best of my limited computer knowledge

A:Windows Explorer in shutdown/restart loop (Vista)

Hi -

I suggest that you have your system reviewed by a Security Analyst.

Please follow these steps - NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explorer-in-shutdown-restart-loop-vista-568614.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a problem. I have an ACER Aspire E 15 computer (new). Upon a restart it is caught in a perpetual loop. The message on the screen is and has been for the last hour ?Getting Windows ready Don?t cut off your computer? I tried to cut off all power but since the battery cannot be removed, that was impossible. Is there any combinations of keystrokes which will give me back control or do I have to wait for the battery to drain all the way? Please help????Randall Parks 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/perpetual-windows-loop-upon-restart-Acer-Aspire-E-15-CONTROL-of/td-p/452359
Relevancy 59.77%

HI Everyone I am working on a Toshiba laptop with Windows home premium Problem windows starts loading then restarts forever I get windows logo loop premium infinite restart Windows 7 home screen then black screen with mouse then restart I have triedchdsk f several times first time it fixed some errors after that it was good I change bios setting AHCI mode and back again made no difference I scanned with kaspersky came up clean Can't boot into safe mode tried to disable auto restart on system failure it did not work it still just kept restarting instead of show bsod Please help if you can thanks Here is frst log file Scan result Windows 7 home premium infinite restart loop of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - ATTENTION gt FRST version is days old and could be outdated Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-SBKP Windows 7 home premium infinite restart loop UC on - - Running from F Software Ketarin- downloads Security Farbar x Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode RecoveryThe current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST could be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log The only official download link for FRST Download link for -Bit version http www bleepingcomputer com download farbar-recovery-scan-tool dl Download link for -Bit Version http www bleepingcomputer com download farbar-recovery-scan-tool dl Download link from any site other than Bleeping Computer is unpermitted or outdated See tutorial for FRST http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run - X HKLM Run SmartAudio - C Program Files CONEXANT SAII SAIICpl exe - - HKLM Run TPwrMain - C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain EXE - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run SmoothView - C Program Files Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run TCrdMain - C Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run SynTPEnh - C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM Run SmartFaceVWatcher - C Program Files Toshiba SmartFaceV SmartFaceVWatcher exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run TosSENotify - C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA HDD SSD Alert TosWaitSrv exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run TosVolRegulator - C Program Files TOSHIBA TosVolRegulator TosVolRegulator exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run TosReelTimeMonitor - C Program Files TOSHIBA ReelTime TosReelTimeMonitor exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run TosNC - C Program Files Toshiba BulletinBoard TosNcCore exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run IntelliPoint - c Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run StartCCC - C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe - - Advanced Micro Devices Inc HKLM-x Run TWebCamera - C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Web Camera Application TWebCamera exe - - TOSHIBA CORPORATION HKLM-x Run ToshibaServiceStation - C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Service Station ToshibaServiceStation exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM-x Run - X HKLM-x Run ApnUpdater - C Program Files x Ask com Updater Updater exe - - Ask HKLM-x Run ContentTransferWMDetector exe - C Program Files x Sony Content Transfer ContentTransferWMDetector exe - - Sony Corporation HKLM-x Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher - C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM Policies Explorer NoControlPanel Services Whitelisted S GamesAppIntegrationService C Program Files x WildTangent Games App GamesAppIntegrationService exe - - WildTangent S HomeNetSvc C Program Files Common Files McAfee Platform McSvcHost McSvHost exe - - McAfee Inc S IBUpdaterService C Windows system dmwu exe - - S McAfee SiteAdvisor Service C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe - - McAfee Inc S McAPExe C Progra... Read more

A:Windows 7 home premium infinite restart loop

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/527615 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527615/windows-7-home-premium-infinite-restart-loop/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, I recently (foolishly) downloaded something, and shortly after, noticed that Microsoft Security Essentials had been shut off. When I tried to turn it back on, it told me that the service was missing. I performed a system restore, and now every time I turn on my computer, I am told that a critical error has occurred, and windows needs to restart. I am running Windows 7 64-bit. Thank you.

A:"Windows has encountered a critical error and needs to restart" loop

Restart the PCPress F8 on bootupSelect REPAIR YOUR COMPUTERClick on REPAIROn the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup RepairSystem RestoreWindows Complete PC RestoreWindows Memory Diagnostic ToolCommand PromptCan you get to this screen?If yesSelect System restoreIf you have restore point before you installed microsoft security essentials restore it or if you have restore point before you were infected would be fine

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469237/windows-has-encountered-a-critical-error-and-needs-to-restart-loop/
Relevancy 59.77%

So, since yesterday, Windows 8.1 tries to boot, then gets halfway through, shows a sad face for a second, and then restarts. It does this again and again. Just get the message "Failure configuring Windows updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer" then "Configuring Windows updates, 30% complete. Don't turn off your computer".
Then it boots, does the same thing again.
I've tried booting from the install media, but Refresh doesn't work, nor restarting in safe mode. Weirdly, pressing F2 to load BIOS, which always used to work, no longer does, it just continues trying to load Windows.
I've got an oldish PC, around 4/5 years old, with Windows 8 installed. Its got a fairly decent processor (at the time), a Q9550. Intel DP43TF motherboard.
Any ideas?
C

A:Windows 8.1 stuck in restart loop. Configuring updates...

Hi, Welcome to Eight forums.

Have you tried this? "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer" error when you try to install Windows updates

This might help resolve your issue

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/41291-windows-8-1-stuck-restart-loop-configuring-updates.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Greetings Seven Forums crew I am having an issue with the Windows Update Service After installing the latest Microsoft Updates November I am now stuck in a quot restart your computer to finish installing important updates quot message No matter how many times I restart amp check for updates it keeps giving the same message even though the Update History tells on Update restart error, stuck Windows loop. me the updates were all successfully Windows Update error, stuck on restart loop. installed When I restart the quot configuring your computer quot message displays briefly with no percentage meter before shutting down Before posting here I had followed your Windows Update Posting Instructions to no avail SURT ran fine installed a hotfix but returned to the same update restart loop message The sfc scan wouldn't run amp gave the error message quot There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete Restart Windows and run sfc again quot Restarting only returned the same error message I had no update error codes displayed on the requested screen as they were deemed successful but here is an error code from the Windows Update Log- Handler FATAL UH x bc EvaluateApplicability failed in CCbs EvaluateApplicability - - d Agent WARNING Failed to evaluate Installed rule updateId E A D-B CF- CB -A B -FD C F E hr Please find the requested CBS log zip attached

A:Windows Update error, stuck on restart loop.

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/311701-windows-update-error-stuck-restart-loop.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello everyone, I have an HP Pavilion g6 laptop.  It was restarting and booting fine until I upgraded to Windows 8.1.  When I restart the computer, it sometimes gets stuck in a boot loop in the HP logo screen.  Most of the time it doesn't do it, but it does get stuck from time to time in the HP logo screen.  It gets stuck mostly when restarting the computer.  If anyone has had the same problem and/or has a solution,  I would appreciate the help. Thank you

A:Windows 8.1 boot loop stuck on HP logo, mostly after restart...

Hi phillibob41, I understand that you are having a problem with the computer getting stuck in a loop when restarting. I will try my best to help you with this. To better guide you, could you please give me some more information. 1. What is the Model Number of your laptop? LINK: How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? 2. How are you getting out of the loop?Please let me know, and I will be happy to help. Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Windows-8-1-boot-loop-stuck-on-HP-logo-mostly-after/td-p/3656032
Relevancy 59.34%

Hoping someone can pin point what I have missed in my attempts at fixing my brothers laptop.Laptop spec is Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile V5635 with Windows VISTA 32 bitWhen switched on it continually goes into the startup repair window but is unable to fix the issue and reboots. I do not have the VISTA image but have copied a recovery disk but am not able to make it bootable.What have I attempted so far?I have removed the HDD and virus scanned via another computer - found 6 virus and killed 5 (I suspect virus on MBR?)I can access safe mode and tried all options to no avail - eventually goes into its startup repair loop processI have used chkdsk but reports no errors..................To summariseI have copied a VISTA image from the intenet (had to pay around ?6) and copied that onto my CD but was unable to make it bootable.Someone please with ideas.

A:VISTA Startup Repair continuous loop

Start your computer and start pressing F8 about once a second until you get to a menu.Select the option to Disable Automatic Restart .. its near the bottom of the list.Write down any relevant information, including stop codes ie (0x0003)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452075/vista-startup-repair-continuous-loop/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there. Sorry for my English firstly.Hope I can get some help from you. I have bought my y700 6 month ago(so warranty works yet).That issue started today. Laptop doesn't work at all. I can't see even Lenovo logo. Laptop stucks in infinite loop.I have read all topics here about similar problem, but it even doesn't work after I pushing NOVO button(similar stuck).  Is it any ways to get in BIOS?Thanks! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-stuck-in-continuous-boot-loop/td-p/3421207
Relevancy 59.34%

This all started when I was uninstalling some programs from my computer. After that I wanted to run a chkdisk and so I had to restart it for it to run the chkdisk. Once that happened it fell into a loop of the black windows error recovery screen where I cannot start windows even through safe mode.

Using F8 I changed advanced options to stop the reboot and after the Microsoft loading ticker it gave me a BSOD:

STOP: c000007b {bad image} \\??\C:\Windows\system32\winsrv.dll not designed to run on windows or it contains an error

I have run every diagnostic through the PC and the windows CD which ends up with no problems but an unknown file change might be causing the problem. System restore was unsuccesful.

Is there anything else I can do?

A:BSOD flashes & PC reboots - continuous loop

Hi and welcome to TSG this is some info on your error
0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.
After You Remove or Reinstall Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum Edition {KB 811408} Win XP
Stop 0x7B or &#8220;0x4,0,0,0&#8221; Error {KB 122926} Win NT, Win XP (on restart)
During setup (Sysprep issue) {KB 303786} Win XP
When You Press F6 to Load Drivers During Unattended Win XP Setup {KB 307099} Win XP
When you restart your Win XP-based computer {KB 316401} Win XP (after replacing motherboard)
When you start your computer from a WinPE CD-ROM or from a Server 2003 CD-ROM using a USB CD-ROM device {KB 839210} Win XP, Win Server 2003 (patch available)
Limited OEM driver support is available with F6 during Win XP & Server 2003 setup {KB 314859} Win XP, Win Server 2003
Error message When Starting Windows Vista After Changing SATA Mode of Boot Drive: STOP 0x0000007B INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE {KB 922976} Vista
Error message When Installing Vista on Computer With a DELL CERC SATA 1.5/6ch RAID controller: STOP 0x0000007B {KB 928632} Vista (needs driver update)
Info found here http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm
If you have a install or recovery disc you can try to repair you machine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-flashes-pc-reboots-continuous-loop.891513/
Relevancy 59.34%

My Dell Inspiron N running Windows stopped loading safemode loop Continuous can't access boot - and Continuous boot loop - can't access safemode leads me to a windows recovery screen with launch startup repair recommended and start windows normally options Startup repair doesn't stop repairing even when left on for over a day The start windows normally option quickly brings up a blue screen which when I stop it to view instructs me to chkdsk After the restart I'm back to the same starting point I can't access any of the safemode options using last known good configuration didn't work but can get into the repair your computer options Within those options system restore to an earlier point in time didn't help and the dell datasafe restore and emergency backup option says that it created the emergency folder with files I wished to save but would not restart after finishing I am able to access the command prompt Based on other posts it seems similar to the FBI virus but I'm not sure I'd appreciate any help and thank you in advance

A:Continuous boot loop - can't access safemode

Did you have an infection that brought this about?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503147/continuous-boot-loop-cant-access-safemode/
Relevancy 59.34%

My system is a AMD PIII Ghz MB RAM Gig and Gig HD s and CD RW drive Running XP Pro with SP I recently installed a DVD R drive and made it my continuous blue loop screen/reboot master and made my CD RW a slave Everything seemed OK and I even burned a few disks with the new drive I got a blue screen message a few days later but it was on the screen very briefly and I could not make out continuous blue screen/reboot loop the message The machine rebooted itself normally back into windows and I was able to continue working The continuous blue screen/reboot loop following day I got another blue screen that said something like quot stop fatal system error at c a Unhandled exception in session manager terminated unexpectedly quot I also saw the message quot disable bios memory options quot and quot xc quot The system rebooted itself but stopped at continuous blue screen/reboot loop the windows screen and the blue error message came up again starting the cycle over again I shut the computer down and entered via safe mode went to system restore and was unable to restore the system to any previous date The next time I rebooted I again went through safe mode and the system hung when it was loading amdagp sys and has continued to hang on that file when I try to boot in safe mode Ive also tried to boot up through the other options at start up boot safe with prompt last known configuration etc but I always get the blue screen and then a reboot I now cannot access any part of windows I also disconnected my DVD and CD drives as well as adjust the BIOS and CMOS settings for safe boot up without any luck When I boot off my XP disk I am unable to repair or reinstall xp because it says it is unable to copy certain files to my hard drive during the process Any ideas from anybody as to how I can access my computer and fix this problem Could it be a virus I really want to avoid reformatting or reinstalling XP fresh again Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/continuous-blue-screen-reboot-loop.291669/