Windows Support Forum

music library seems to skip randomly

Q: music library seems to skip randomly

No one has been able to describe this and trying to find a fix on the internet is proving to be impossible at least through Google Basically music to library randomly seems skip I m playing music and all of a sudden it stops I click the player and it s not responding for a few seconds and then goes to a new song If I happen to have it on top of all the other windows I see music library seems to skip randomly the media player cycling through a bunch of songs and music library seems to skip randomly then it starts playing one I say media player becuase I have tried WMP VLC Songbird and WinAmp but they all do the same thing edit I can go back and play through the song it just skipped through just fine So if Metallica - Enter Sandman skips and I go back to play the song it plays through just fine end edit This is completely random however I have noticed it tends to happen more after mins- hour of being asleep shut down a while Then it s even more random to the point where I may not even have the problem It seems to be doing it more often now though so I m getting worried more annoyed I thought maybe it was my hard drive cause it s happened a couple times while watching anime the video just stops and goes to the beginning This has only happened within the last weeks though So I switched to my library on an external hard drive but it still happens on there So then I tried installing songbird on my nd hard drive and playing it on there Maybe my main hard drive is going I was thinking Nope mins later it does it a couple of times music library seems to skip randomly I did build this computer in late July however it still happened on my old build So that s why I tested the hard drives since they are the only things that are the same It s also just the music I tested with a YouTube video playing and a video on my main hard drive Songbird at the time on the nd hard drive skipped but the audio was still playing on both the YouTube and VLC Anyone got any ideas At the moment I am testing a video on the nd hard drive as well as audio playing seeing if they both go out which would I think point to the nd hard drive But that seems odd that both my nd hard drive and external would do the same thing I also disabled enhancements as that seems to be a popular thing in search results Thanks for any and all help nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: music library seems to skip randomly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: music library seems to skip randomly

Enhancements disabled did not work.

I had a video on the 2nd hard drive playing as well as the audio. When it happened, both VLC and WMP failed. However, it finally logged an application error in the Event Viewer with this error for VLC (it force closed basically):

Faulting application name: vlc.exe, version:, time stamp: 0x4c76f9fe
Faulting module name: libmkv_plugin.dll, version:, time stamp: 0x4c76fa06
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x000819f1
Faulting process id: 0x10a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb51608816eb05
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\plugins\libmkv_plugin.dll
Report Id: 32b9ba7a-bd5a-11df-80dc-6cf049ec5d74

Google searching for the error code hasn't really given me anything useful...

Also I've noticed the last few times (can't recall before then) that my keyboard went unlit. It's a Razar Larycosa so it has back lights.
Relevancy 38.27%

According to the latest reports, AMD will skip the problematic 20nm manufacturing node for their next-generation 'Arctic Islands' GPUs, which the company is expected to launch in 2016. Instead, Arctic Islands will progress directly to 14nm FinFET in the hope...

Read more

A:AMD to reportedly skip 20nm entirely for its 2016 GPU family

Sounds like a good strategy.
Relevancy 23.65%

I dont know how long its been going on but within a internet provider switch from AT&T to TWC its still been doing this. Every time I reset the router name or password it lets me reconnect to the internet, but when I shut it down and boot it up later or after a couple hours it refuses to connect until I switch the router name or security password.

Its a toshiba running windows 7
The adapter is realtek or something like that which im pretty sure is the cause but nothing seems to fix this issue.
Thanks for any info on this.

A:Laptop Stops connecting to internet randomly

What is the Model number of the Toshiba laptop?
Does your laptop come with an Ethernet port (most do have one)? If so, try connecting directly to your router with an Ethernet Cable and see if the problem continues.
I highly doubt that its a problem with the Router (but it could be). I believe that you may have a problem with the wireless drivers installed. I would suggest:
1. Download the wireless drivers from the Toshiba website
2. Properly Uninstall the wireless drivers
3. Install wireless drivers from the download (step 1).
4. Wait and see if problem still persists. If so, let us know.
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi guys, so my internet has been dropping a lot more recently (I have had this issue for about 4 months now). The odd thing that I cant figure out, is that it only happens on my desktop. Every other computer and phone can connect and doesnt drop wifi like the desktop does. Also, this happens when im wired through an ethernet cord. I have reinstalled network drivers, bought a wireless usb card, tried troubleshooting everything I can that I know how to do. Any other things I could try?

A:Internet Drops Randomly

Specs for computer (make and model of computer that is having problems -or- make and model of the hardware)? Also, what wireless router (or modem) are you trying to connect to? What is your Operating System?
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi there!

I recently have come across an issue where my internet randomly disconnects, mostly while on Skype or downloading video games and cannot figure out the issue at all. It usually downloads fine for about 1 minute and then disconnects completely. 0kbps and internet drops on my computer alone.

I'm kinda new to tech forums so if you guys need any information let me know.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting randomly

Hi, I had this problem a few years ago, which was fixed by buying a new USB wireless dongle.
But if you are using wireless connection to the router, try an ethercable instead and see if the same thing happens.
Are you using a laptop? If so it could be faulty wireless 802.11 board.
If you are using a USB wireless adapter, it could that the pc is turning off the power to the USB ports to 'save power', that can be changed if required.
Relevancy 24.08%

I have just put an asus p775 motherboard and i5 processor into my PC, reinstalled all components with no issue, PC rebooted fine back into OS (Windows 7), after anything between 10 mins and half hour the PC just switches itself off, any thought would be welcome

A:New i5 upgrade, PC randomly switches off

Is your CPU temperature running high?...Is the heatsink properly connected?...
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys, I am going on holiday in early June and am looking for a way to listen to music while I'm in the pool as I plan to spend a lot of time doing so.
The way I can see it is that I have two options:

Buy a waterproof case and waterproof headphones
buy a waterproof MP3 player all-in-one.
Obviously each option has it's flaws - otherwise I wouldn't be there.
Even if I buy a waterproof case how can I be sure that even though there is a waterproof case, where it contacts with waterproof earphones will be waterproof as 'waterproof' to some sellers just means rain-proof.
The problem with the all in ones like the Sony Waterproof Walkman is that they are very expensive for very little space, the 4GB alone being 50 and 8GB is 80.

Does anyone have experience in the matter, anything they can recommend, preferably I'd like to use my phone in a case for my 32GB MicroSD card, but whatever works I guess.

Cheers guys.

A:How can I listen to music whilst swimming?

:big grin: My wife JUST purchase a waterproofed iPad Shuffle from

website is very descriptive and the device is AS Advertised - - she's very happy with it
Relevancy 25.37%

When I play windows media player or any other mp3 player my pc begins to slow down a lot and mouse stutters and my internet webpage closes :/ any help please?

I've posted my IRQ

A:When I play music my PC starts to slow down and mouse stutters

What are your system specs?

Some possible solutions: Make sure Windows is up to date. Try updating your sound driver (post your system specs and I will show you how to).
Relevancy 23.65%

The model of my laptop is Toshiba Satellite L645.
I have encountered overheat issues recently and I thought it was the dust that clogged around the fan. I did the clean up and up everything back. I manage to boot up the computer and reach the window dekstop but the fan spin up for one or half seconds then stop.. Somehow, after a while, the fan worked and spin for quite sometimes.. Then again, the fan spin up for one or half seconds then stop and eventually my laptop overheat again.

IS the problem arises from the fan itself, or the thermal sensor problem? Im not sure.. pls help me =(

A:Laptop heatsink fan randomly stop working

I would replace the fan first, it is cheaper than a motherboard and laptop fans are known to fail. You can get the fan on EBay cheaper...
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello all,

So, I have a Toshiba Satellite computer that's a couple years old, but runs fine other than the internet.

This problem started happening around a month ago, for a couple days it'll just disconnect and reconnect to the internet randomly ( Every couple minutes or so) But after a couple days, it usually just stops. Recently it started doing it again, and I've searched and searched online and tried literally everything I can find but nothing seems to work. We've updated drivers, tried restore points, changed the driver settings to maximum performance in the power management settings, but to no avail.

We're running on Windows 7, have intel-Centrino Winax adapters. It isn't the router either btw, as we have another laptop that stays connected perfectly fine. Tried toshiba support, but since the warranty is out they wanna charge us, but the tech guy did say something about changing settings, just not sure what settings he was talking abou

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and any more info you need just let me know how to get to it and I'll post. Thanks!

A:Toshiba Laptop randomly disconnects and reconnects every couple minutes.. Tried everything

You may have to invest in one of these:
Relevancy 22.36%

I have an ASUS U56E laptop that randomly reboots when running anything, minesweeper, spider solitare, IE explorer. No bluescreen appears, the screen goes black and the machine reboots. If you win a spider solitare game and leave the fireworks running in background it does not reboot, but if you leave the fireworks running for a while as soon as you kill the fireworks it shuts down immediately. I have run temperate checks, memory check, full disk scan, and reloaded the machine from initial disks. I even brought it to Best Buy and their geek squad told me they tested it thouroughly by running a video streamer on it and it didn't shut down after 4 hours so there is nothing wrong with it. I don't know where to go from here and appreciate any suggestions.

A:Asus U56E laptop randomly reboots - except when fireworks from winning spider solitare is running

"reloaded the machine from initial disks" Did you do a clean install of Windows and reapply all the Windows Updates?
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi there,

Here is my problem,
I game a lot, & if I disconnect from those games for 1 or 2 minutes I'll probably be dead and/or lost the game.
My connection drops randomly, this happens once every hour or so, a few minutes later I reconnect to the same internet. The internet hasnt shut down, I can still browse on my phone & on another computer., but those arent on when Im gaming.
I've had this problem for a while now and it also occurres on my other laptop when I gamed up there. I can solve this by going to controllpanel & troubleshoot problems with network adapter, but it is getting really annoying. Even when Im only browsing like now it just drops connection.
Can someone help me?

A:Connection drops randomly

Sounds like you're on a DSL connection - - are you?

I would log into the router and on the WAN side configuration, set the MTU to 1492.
This will stop tcp fragmentation and therefore avoid the necessity of reassembly, which can easily overflow buffers and break connections.

Might also reduce tcp ACK responses by applying this change.
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello all. I hope this isn't in the wrong section...
My computer recently has begun to disconnect itself from the internet randomly. One time, it did it for an hour and would keep reconnecting but soon after disconnecting again. I've eliminated the chance it was my whole service by asking members of the household if their internet was acting up.

Here's another strange thing that will happen when the problem occurs. Upon shutting down to try and reconnect, my computer will be stuck on the shutdown screen.

I found one minidump from yesterday, but I'm not sure how much of a help it will be. I'll attach it anyway.

Please inform me if there is any other information that you require.

A:Internet Disconnecting Randomly

What is your network adapter? It must be an issue with your adapter.
Relevancy 22.79%

I run Windows WD MyPassport TB Problems first started about halfway into a Vuze transcode for a movie the randomly External WD HD denied messages. giving me access My started is original file and the transcode folder are both on the drive First it wasn t letting me My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages. right-click delete rename the option for those wasn t on the right click list but everything else was I restarted and still the same I did the Check Disk in the HD menu I ticked the recover bad sector box and it wasn t moving didn t feel like waiting so I stopped it My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages. and afterwards anything I tried to do gave me quot access is denied quot I forgot that I had formatted it into ExFAT so my TV would recognize it and I had movies files were gig in size which might cause problems It says under the security tab it is quot unable to display current owner quot I would really rather not format it s not even letting me select it for lack of privileges but if that s all I can do then so be it It s saying it has no used space or available space its half full nbsp

A:My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages.

I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it seemed to work, it said there was something wrong with it still and promted me to do another check disk scan which said there were no problems (I didnt select the "bad sector" option) (durr!) but I remember it doing something similar before, should I format it back to NTFS, Is that what is causing the problem?
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys, I've recently ordered a new PC and it should be here in a week. I'm a gamer and I like to write music and will finally be able to record with my new system. I'm just lacking a sound card. So basically I'm looking for a card that will be awesome for gaming and music. Any suggestions out there? I know I will need a PCI-E card. I'm looking to spend $150-200. Any help would be much appreciated

A:Sound card for gaming and making music

This is probably the best one out there:

That is the best of both worlds. There is a better card for gaming, but the Essence above is much better for creating music and phenomenal for gaming.
Relevancy 24.08%

K so I have a new pc Built myself and had a few problems getting PC shuts off randomly it to turn on Turns out I had to short two means that aren t even the power connector ones Anyway I got everything setup Windows blah blah I move it to my room from kitchen cause kitchen had better lighting for working conditions I turn it on and bam it shuts off after maybe - minutes Now I m thinking it could be cpu over heating It is hotter in my room I left the computer on bios and slowly PC randomly shuts off watched cpu temp climb At PC randomly shuts off about C it shuts off Is that an over heating temp It sits at that for a while before it shuts off I haven t updated drivers yet could that be a problem Build Cpu Intel i Psu kingwin w Motherboard asus p z - v lx Gpu radeon hd I also took off the heat sink after getting frustrated and taking everything apart when it wouldn t start did that PC randomly shuts off mess with the thermal paste It looks evenly applied When it shuts off it s just off no warning Please help nbsp

A:PC randomly shuts off

Take out graphics card and try again. Also, what do you mean by "Turns out I had to short two means that aren't even the power connector ones."
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi I just bought myself a NEC medias t smarthphone days ago and now I got a problem The phone just reboots itself a software reboot not total for no aparent reason without me doing anything to it it s just lying there doing nothing and with medias me NEC anything without 101t and doing itself randomly reboots the screen blocked and suddenly it NEC medias 101t reboots itself randomly and without me doing anything makes the quot rebooting quot melody and so I notice This is happening to me since yesterday it did it like - times and hasn t done it today yet I would really apreciate if you could help me solve this issue That I have likelly caused myself without knowing it this are it s specifications Net GSM - HSDPA Size x x mm Weight g Display Tipo LCD touchscreen capacitivo M colores Size x pixels pulgadas - Resistant to damage surface - multitouch - IP X IPX IPX waterproof and dustproof certification - accelerometer sensor for autorotation - Gorilla Glass screen - proximity sensor for auto shutdown ithink that s how s it s translated - touch controls Ringtones type Polif nico MP WAV Customization downloads Vibration Yes - Audio conector mm Memory Phone numbers Nearly unlimmited fields and entries call picture call registry Nearly unlimmited card slot microSD up to GB - GB internal memory MB RAM - processor Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM GHz GPRS Yes data speed OS Android OS v Gingerbread Messaging SMS MMS Email IM Push Email Browser HTML Clock Si Alarm Si Infrarred port No games yes downloadables colors Black Camera MP x pixels autofocus flash LED geo-tagging video - GPS with A-GPS support - digital compass - EDGE class - G HSDPA Mbps HSUPA Mbps - Wi-Fi b g n - Bluetooth v A DP EDR - microUSB -social webs integration - video player MP H H WMV - audio player MP eAAC WMA WAV OGG - integrated with Google Search Maps Gmail YouTube Calendar Google Talk - Memo calling voice command - Hands free included - predictive text input XT Batery Standard Li-Ion mAh Stand-by - Tiempo de conversaci n - Ok that said I go to say the things I have done to it xD As a good newbie with a new toy minutes after getting it I dedicated to explore all the new possiblities toying with the google play store customizing my desktops with widgets wich took me minutes to figure out how to do it xD etc I installed tested and uninstalled a variety of apps and stuff but nothing shady or dangerous except for the apptoide and blackmart wich I have already uninstalled My phone is not rooted or overclocked in any way Now I will list the currently installed apps on my phone it s all in it s original language and it s all last versions as far as I know mensajes Portal movil telcel Portal telcel telcel ijuegosHD ijuegos Ideas iapps ideasmusic msngr plugger iradio rss gps telcel itv iimagenes itonos Adober Reader -free Age of empires -free Agenda Ajustes Android asistant -free Angry birds -free App SD -free Archivos Asistente Avast mobile security -free beautiful thunderstorm -free block breaker HD brujula -free google search busqueda de voz calculadora call timer pro full paid camara contactos convert pad -free copia de seguridad correo descargas double twist -free el acuario real-gratis evernote -free evernote widget -free facebook fruit ninja -free galeria gmail google goggles -free google grabador de voz gun amp blood -free GYM guia de ejercicios -free Heroes call -free Instagram f-ree linterna tiny flashlight -free local google maps messenger musica navigation need for speed shift plague inc -free google play store real calculator -free reloj symphony of eternity google talk telefono The sims touchstore pro -free Google traductor -free SCT traza tu ruta Video camara Whatsapp -free wikipedia -free You tube Zello -free Great little war game items marked with an where included on the device and can t be uninstalled Now the Widgets in my desktops clock and date x tiny flashlight x calendar x avast x calltimer pro x double twist player x android asistant x wheather x evernote x ... Read more

A:NEC medias 101t reboots itself randomly and without me doing anything

Pull out the battery and re-install it. If your phone is using a micro SDHC flash card, remove it and re-install it. If these steps don't work, try restoring the phone to factory settings
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a 20 inch flat panel HP monitor that just randomly shuts down you can be in the middle of something and in just shuts off and you have to turn it back on. It's not going into sleep mode or anything because you can be moving the cursor and bam just shuts off. There is not set time , sometimes you can be on it for a couple seconds , sometimes an hour.Any ideas?

A:Monitor randomly shuts off

steelth said:

I have a 20 inch flat panel HP monitor that just randomly shuts down you can be in the middle of something and in just shuts off and you have to turn it back on. It's not going into sleep mode or anything because you can be moving the cursor and bam just shuts off. There is not set time , sometimes you can be on it for a couple seconds , sometimes an hour.Any ideas?Click to expand...

Check ALL connections. Make sure they're they are correct & snug.Good luck.
Relevancy 24.08%

My computer will be running fine and then it will cut off. It has done this over and over. Do you think that this an issue with the power supply? The error reads: Shut down due to environmental Temperature and Have PC Serviced immediately.

A:My computer is randomly shutting down

You are over heating. Your best bet would be to open the case if this is a desktop and get a can of air and blow the dust from your fans and cpu and see if this helps. You may even need to replace the cpu thermal paste.
Relevancy 23.65%

Acer Aspire T180 Decktop with windows xp media center edition.

Does it on 2 different monitors.One them is a brand new monitor that was never used but in box for awhile.

A:Monitor goes to sleep/goes blank randomly

Do you have on-board video or a separate video card?
Relevancy 24.08%

I have an hip laptop and it randomly off randomly shuts Laptop shuts off I want to try to trouble shoot before I call it a Laptop randomly shuts off lost cause Referred to some great threads on here before so thought I d give this forum a try Thanks ahead of time for any help I have an HP Pavilion dv It randomly would shut off a few months ago got better but started up again When it shuts off its sudden like someone pulled the cord on it After it shuts off I cannot get it to start for quite awhile afterward minutes to hrs if not longer I can push the power button and the computer will attempt to start but will do the cold shutdown in the middle of startup Sometimes it can get as far as the windows log on and then shutoff The shutdown happens at all times no pattern in my activity The computer has some other issues I can t run it without the power cord because the battery is dead HP said its because I didn t take the battery out when I used the laptop plugged into the wall Refuse to buy another battery if I can t get laptop to work My year old spilled milk on the keyboard and it was bad enough the milk came it the USB ports and battery slot on the bottom Another issue is when I try to change the power battery settings I can t change it past the lowest performance setting because the laptop overheats It will shut down within minutes of changing setting this seriously affects the performance since it has to run so low But hey it s a laptop and works for my basic net surfing and word processing If it sounds like a lost cause let me know If there s something I can try I appreciate the help nbsp

A:Laptop randomly shuts off

Wow, after spilling milk all the way through it I would consider myself fortunate that it still runs. To me it sounds like it is overheating. Laptops generally collect dust inside as they age and eventually develop cooling issues. I'm sure all the milk doesn't help. Have you tried opening it up and dusting it off with a can of compressed air?
Relevancy 23.65%

So I have had a big problem with my computer. It does not happen that often but when it does it is really annoying and scary. My computer just shutsdown and a screwed up noise goes through the speakers and the fans goes sky high! It happened one time when I play crysis 2. I played it for like 5 minutes before it happened. I booted the computer up and then I had a look at my temps which where around 50C. Started up crysis again and played for like 10 minutes and it only went up to 70C. So it is not an overheating issue! What should I do?

Thanks for any help!

A:Computer turns of randomly and fans go sky high!

shameless bump!
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey all First time poster on these forums I was hoping to disconnects randomly Everyone Internet from get new insight as to what might be causing the issues I m having About a couple weeks ago I started to experience some internet troubles It would be every minutes or every couple hours but I would get disconnect from the internet To start with the tray icon it would mostly show the triangle over the symbol when this Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet happens yet sometimes it would say it was connected perfectly fine Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet In both circumstances during these periods Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet it would not be able to connect to the internet On my network maximum of three of us I am the only one that is hardwired in to the router with an Ethernet cord The other two are wireless We had gotten a new router from Bright House a Ubee modem router and were not satisfied at all when this started happening We purchased a new router to get gigabit Ethernet ports and to give us GHZ wireless channels After installing the new router and setting the UBEE to bridge mode the problem persisted When the UBEE is in bridge mode though and I connect directly to the modem I haven t noticed the problem Although I have never been directly connected to the modem for any extended period of time I have seriously tried every solution that threads have offered saying that it may be a windows problem and none seemed to do the trick So I am finally trying to reach out to you guys to hopefully receive some help I have tried calling Bright House and they sent test signals and they say that the connection is fine We noticed that when we disconnected our house phone the problem seemed to stop happening But now after it has been disconnected from the modem for a week or more the problem returned Resetting the router and modem together seems to grant us at least a day of uninterrupted access and sometimes more After I bridged the UBEE I did change some settings I disabled the firewall and set a DMZ to my router to allow all access through to it What should I do next to address this issue Thank you all in advance NickkyCubba nbsp

A:Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet

The problem lies somewhere in between your ISP and PCs.

Is this how your routers are connected?
ISP ----- Ubee wireless modem/router (bridge mode) ---- 2nd wireless router

Make sure you only have one dhcp server and the routers are not operating in the same channel. You can disable the firewall of your 2nd wireless router keep the firewall on on your modem/router. You dont need to use DMZ unless you are hosting some service to be accessed through the internet.
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello everyone,

The problem that I?ve been facing is my laptop just freezes, the screen freezes, the audio distorted, not able to move cursor, keyboard does not work. Had to force power off.
Here are the specs:
Laptop Lenovo Ideapad Y450, bought around October 2009
CPU Intel centrino 2 dual core 2.53 ghz, P8700
GPU nVidia geforce GT240M
Ram 4 GHz
Wireless Intel 5100 AGN 802.11

Operating System: Tried both Windows 7 32 bit and Windows XP
CPU temp monitoring software: Speedfan 4.xx
Anti virus: Avira free antivirus

Next reply I will post problem history and details
Please request information if needed more, I am willing to provide.

Thank you,

A:Laptop freezes randomly

My questions and doubts:

How can it be solved?
Can we call this ?overheating? since it freezes when temperature is not over 60 C? but it freezes more when the weather is hotter.
Is the temperature during safe mode normal or too high?
Am I abusing my laptop?

Please request information or pictures if needed more, I am willing to provide.

Problem history:
It works fine with Windows 7 since 2009, when I?ve been recovering from spine surgery, I?ve been using it more than usual since December 2011 where the problem occurs first time, then it occurs more often since March 2012.

Computer usage behavior:
I usually use Autodesk Inventor and Autocad software for 3D and 2D designing, along with web browsing, playing music with iTunes, watching some concerts and South Park by windows media classic. I play occasionally play games like Left 4 Dead 2, Elder Scrolls Skyrim (once-twice a week).

The laptop is placed on a 30 degree inclined stand, due to my surgery I need to only lie down to use the computer. It is turned on about 4-10 hours a day.

It?s been working fine since bought, when I play games, the temperature of CPU and GPU goes up to 75 C for about 1-2 hours, no problem, usually I don?t play longer than 3 hours.

Since March, it freezes randomly about 1 hour after startup when I?m using designing software along with web browsing. Temperature is about 48-53 C, I have screenshots of the temperature software before it freezes. This happens at least once a day.

Since March, it freezes about 5 minutes after start running left 4 dead or skyrim.

During safe mode, the temperature stays about 70 C and sometimes freezes.

After forced shut down and power on right away sometimes it freezes during boot, or even 5 seconds after power on.

It rarely freezes when watching videos and when turning the computer on all night for downloading.

I never finish a full system virus scan, it freezes about 20 minutes after scanning while temperature is about 50 C.

Weather condition: Thailand, hot and humid.
No air conditioning in room, temperature during of months Dec-Feb: 20-30 C, Mar 30-35 C, Apr 35-40 C (hottest of summer). My laptop in this temperature works fine in the past 2 years, other older laptops are also working fine.

Suspected causes and solutions tried:
Replace thermal paste at CPUs and GPU, dust removal at CPU fan, got a cooling pad underneath laptop: temperature slightly drops (3-5 C), no significant improvement in freezing.

Tried updating drivers to the latest possible for the right OS, reformatted partition to change OS to Win XP but problem still occurs.

Thank you,
Relevancy 23.65%

As the title says, my mouse stops working for a couple of seconds and then starts working perfectly again. It mainly happens when I am playing BF3, the game freezes for a second, then I hear the usb-removal sound Windows makes and the game unfreezes but the mouse is dead, then game freezes again for a second and mouse starts working. During the moment mouse is dead all other USB connected things works, only mouse that dies.
It has happened a few times before when im not in any game.

Why is this happening? I have never had any problem with this before.
I have tried putting my mouse a different USB port and it helped for a day or two and then it happened again.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
i5 2500k
GTX 580 Twin Frozr II

A:Mouse randomly dies for a couple of seconds

I have had this same problem a few months ago. Although it happened with my mouse and keyboard simultaneously. My main harddrive was going bad. I replaced it and have not had the problem since. It was rather confusing at first as I had never seen these symptoms before from a bad harddrive.
Relevancy 37.84%

Recently within the last days i ve suffered video audio skipping of both video and Video audio skip - problem? i7 / processor Core audio Video / audio skip - i7 Core processor problem? specifically random split second audio cut outs which can happen in patterns seconds and sometimes minutes apart it also affects what is shown where it skips video in intervals split seconds in a similar way that it does with audio i ve systematically narrowed down the cause of it but no closer to a Video / audio skip - i7 Core processor problem? solution Video card driver - The most recent driver for that has been installed Headset - I purchased a new one I even disconnected it for few seconds to make sure it wasn t the USB ports and the video skipped anyway USB Ports - see above Video / audio skip - i7 Core processor problem? Adobe Flash Player - It was recently updated and the video audio skip remains I have had a new internet connection installed which is approx x faster than my old one so I ll test that to see if it s that if it isn t then that can be narrowed down if it is I might have to get a new wireless adapter that can handle it The PC I use is years old it has the following Intel Core i processor ATI Raedon HD series graphics card gb ram Windows -bit If you need additional info I can provide it nbsp

A:Video / audio skip - i7 Core processor problem?

Additional: The internet connection was turned off to test whether that was causing the video / audio skip, it had no effect at all, so that can be narrowed down.
Relevancy 24.08%

I ve always been running on A C power but lately my computer loses power for no reason It s not that it shuts down but instead it just turns off like it suddenly lost power I thought maybe my charger was dying so I bought one from HP but that hasn t changed anything My randomly My laptop off turns battery hasn t worked in a really really long time so I never put it in the laptop anymore I tried the computer in the outlets in my bedroom and in the library and I got the same results Sometimes the power shuts off as the computer is booting other times it lets me get to the home screen and I can play on the computer on a while before it loses power I always keep my laptop on top of a chill pad Although I ve noticed my fan doesn t turn on when I turn on my computer Is it suppose to My laptop randomly turns off Also I think I might have heard a noise from my fan How can I be sure it s the fan I have a HP G US I bought it in It s running off Windows Vista Service Pack nbsp

A:My laptop randomly turns off

The laptop is definitely old enough for some service. It is possible that the cooling fan is worn out and/or dirty... if the fan is not running properly, the laptop will sense a over-heating condition and it will turn off. Have the laptop serviced and new batteries are cheap enough on EBay
Relevancy 23.22%

I had this memory stick for a while, and its been working fine. It has a lot of my important college work on it too. Just a few days ago it randomly stopped working. I've tried it on all computers I can and none of them recognised it, and it didn't pop up in 'My Computer'.
The best reaction I got was on this laptop, where it said it was processing, but then said that I did not have a suitable driver software or something like that. Please help, I have a lot of work on it .

A:7dayshop USB memory stick randomly stopped working?

A lot of them quit just because they have been dropped more than 12 inches.
Relevancy 23.65%

I hijacked randomly? Mouse/keyboard have a wireless keyboard mouse sometimes randomly my mouse won t move for a long time it ll move opposite direction i tell it to move slower than it normally does With my keyboard sometimes it will get stuck on a bunch of letters decide to not respond when I mash every letter Windows Service Pack x NTFS Internet Mouse/keyboard hijacked randomly? Explorer Marc ZEUS administrator Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Marc at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Mouse/keyboard hijacked randomly? Disabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System Mouse/keyboard hijacked randomly? svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Users Marc AppData Roaming Mikogo M -Service exe C Users Marc AppData Roaming Mikogo M -Capture exe C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin pg ctl exe C Program Files x SafeConnect scManager sys C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Users Marc Local Settings Apps F lux flux exe I Program Files Security Stuff PSI PSIA exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERANTISPYWARE EXE C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe C Windows system conhost exe I Program Files Security Stuff FileHippo com UpdateChecker exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Actual Multiple Monitors ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter exe I Program Files RainMeter Rainmeter exe C Program Files Soluto SolutoService exe C Program Files x SafeConnect scClient exe I Program Files Security Stuff PSI psi tray exe C Users Marc AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin postgres exe I Program Files Itunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Users Marc AppData Roaming Mikogo mikogo-host exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc I Graphics Card ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe I Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE I Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Actual Multiple Monitors ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe I Graphics Card ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv w exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Versi... Read more

A:Mouse/keyboard hijacked randomly?

Whenever this has happened in the past I've always been on the internet and it doesn't feel like a hardware issue... I have standard logitech wireless mouse/keyboard. When I run ESET and Super anti-spyware the problem seems to go away. If people think this is just a hardware issue randomly then I'm not going to worry about it, however if people think it could be a random hijacking then obviously I'm going to worry about it.
Relevancy 24.94%

Having dredged the internet, I came across this forum amongst the many with questions relating to cd drives working but dvd not etc, but my issue is slightly different, i think.

CDs seem to play ok, and so do DVDs, but I seem to have a problem with my laptop reading a disc with DS games on it that it used to read no problem. The discs can be used in my other half's laptop, so it is clearly a problem with my laptop.

I'd appreciate if anyone could advise where I can start to solve this problem

A:Music and video play on laptop CD/DVD drive but not data files

You need to have the CD/DVD drive replaced. Internal lasers fail in strange ways. The drives are not too expensive and they are easy to replace
Relevancy 26.23%

As a part time DJ i spend a lot of time playing the same laptop a Recording music from music in the same order so i was thinking what if i Recording music from a laptop could just sit down and record the tracks that i play Recording music from a laptop directly into one Recording music from a laptop big MP and then it would save me having to load and cue each track I use a program called ClubDJ Pro its a twin deck system with a predefined playlist i can usually just load a playlist and tell it to cross fade during the last quot X quot seconds of the song X being a set time between and seconds However i find some songs have an extended silence at the end that can when i first played them mess up the auto cross fade facility and as anyone will tell you silence is deadly when your doing DJ ing So is there a program i can use to either record directly from my program or use another PC or laptop to record onto i assume i would use the earphone out on one to the Line In socket on the other PC Laptop and then record onto that It would be good as it then means i can use different mixes of my own nbsp

A:Recording music from a laptop

you might use WavePad Sound Editor to remove the trailing silence
Relevancy 25.8%

My speakers are Logitech Surround Speaker Z506 and motherboard gigabyte z68x-ud5-b3.

I havent got a soundcard but I'm wondering why i cant use 5.1? and what sort of plugins/codecs i need for it? it used to work for my old machine using realtek HD and all 5 speakers work but for some reason my newer machine doesnt work, anyone can help or lead me to find a solution?

A:Speakers not using 5.1 when watching/listening to movies/music

What media player are you using and does it support Dolby 5.1?
Relevancy 23.65%

I own a Gateway MD2614u and it has been true to me for the last 2 years, but now it has a little problem. The screen turns black and will not come back on unless I hold down the button and restart the computer. It is not the backlight on the screen and it is not the screen itself. I hooked an external monitor to it to confirm and it made that screen black as well. I was using Windows 7 Ultimate X64 on the machine however I reverted it back to Vista Home Premium X64. The problem reoccured even with its intended operating system. Does anyone have any ideas what the cause of the problem is? I don't believe it is the cable or the monitor.

A:Laptop screen goes black randomly

It may be that the GPU is overheating or failing. Try running something like FurMark to stress the GPU. If that causes it to go back quickly, there's a good chance that the GPU is the problem. For most laptops, this is not something you can fix short of replacing the entire motherboard.
Relevancy 23.65%

I have a wired network setup in my home that works perfectly except when my dad randomly Network innaccessable shares visits Essentially I have a modem wireless router that plugs into a Network shares innaccessable randomly few systems on one side of the house then I ran a cable under my house to come up in my bedroom on the other side of the house where I use a coupler to plug in a cable to the other side of this room where it connects with a router which I disabled its DCHP server so it will just act as a hub So this system works fine normally I have several computers with multiple operating systems a few game systems and a few media players plugged in wired and they share files over the network without a hitch Then my dad visits and I have to plug in another cable which runs out to the camper in my back yard we keep for company To plug this cable in first I used a old hub but then I started getting the errors I will describe next so I removed the hub and ran a long cable from the nd router to a nd coupler to reach the ethernet cable that runs outside but the problems still persist Specifically what happens is network shares seem to work fine and all computers can be seen but at some point none of the computers can access the windows network I usually get an error along the lines of quot there are no available networks quot or if the computer or system was already connected to another system on the network if I try to open anything or navigate up or down a directory I get quot invalid computer name quot the errors vary based on OS but these are the general ones From the computer in room I can often see only devices connected my first router the modem wireless router and occasionally this happens in the nd room too where it will only see devices plugged into the same router but more often than not when this happens no other devices can be seen When this happens internet still works EXCEPT for the entirety of this problem my main system in room will randomly not be able to find a website server but after a refresh or two it will work Oddly enough though these problems persist even when the laptop my dad plugs his end of the cable into is off but the problems stop if I unplug his cable I made sure his wifi was off so there weren t any feedback loops but the problem still persists I can usually get things working again usually only temporarily by resetting a router but this only makes it so that routers plugged into that device can see each-other The IP range of my initial router acting as the DCHP server should have plenty more IP s to assign so that can t be it and the fact that the internet still works for the most part while windows networks are down is perplexing For specificity s sake the operating systems of the computers on my network are- windows windows xp linux windows server and a mac OS on my dad s laptop yeah I know I have a weird setup Any help that can be provided is appreciated At the moment I am stuck resetting routers throughout the day if I need to share files it is rather infuriating nbsp

A:Network shares innaccessable randomly

Your description certainly IS interesting.

Oddly enough though these problems persist even when the laptop my dad plugs his end of the cable into is off, but the problems stop if I unplug his cable.Click to expand...

This begs that the cable itself is bad or too long. The longest cable between two connections (eg: a hub to a device) is 100 meters (aka a football field).

Try disconnecting the connection to the secondary router, moving the cable to your primary router, coil the cable on the floor and connect it to the laptop which is in the same room - - if the cable is ok, then all devices on the primary router should have Internet service.

You might also try installing Network Magic (the trial period will be sufficient to watch the activity) on a system close to the primary router and use it to monitor devices connecting to your network
Relevancy 23.65%

My Acer Aspire One D E notebook is only a couple of months old and has started turning stop to know laptop off itself randomly? Anyone my turning how itself off unexpectedly First I noticed when I closed the lid it started to turn off rather than just sleep When I opened it up I would get a message on a black screen giving me the option to restart or Anyone know how to stop my laptop turning itself off randomly? delete something to restart sorry i didn t really understand this message only the second option worked and just seemed to have the same effect as restarting but quicker Now it also turns off randomly when I am using it I don t think it is over heating there is no sign of this It turns itself back on straightaway without me having to do anything The screen just suddenly goes black and has a small white flashing line in the top right corner then reboots itself all programs closed and unsaved data lost but working fine again as though I just turned it on I d be grateful for any advice thanks a lot nbsp

A:Anyone know how to stop my laptop turning itself off randomly?

Sounds like some sort of power problem.

If it's only a couple of months old you should call up and get it checked under the warranty.
Relevancy 25.8%

Looking for the best headphones for gaming and music... Noise canceling preferred so I can use them in a work environment also. Planning on spending no more than $100. Don't need a mic I can just use a separate one.
What do you guys think?

A:Choosing the best headphones? (gaming/music)

I'm considering using a few more dollars to get the Audio-Technica ATH-A700's, hmm what do you guys think.
Relevancy 22.79%

It turns on but the screen doesnt The backlight is not broken because when turn Asus and laptop screen it freezes on when randomly G73 doesn't does it does turn on randomly everything works Pushing down on the screen works but only as long as I m Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does holding it really So I ve come to the conclusion that the lcd cable has loosened somehow or there is a problem with the program that starts the computer I ve only had the laptop for about months and the problems started about month after buying it And when it does turn on it randomly freezes Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does I have no clue why I m no computer expert and I ve only built a single computer I have already ran defrag and c disk cleanup ran Norton and turned off unnecessary programs The vents are not obstructed and I ve already done what I think is a hard reset Removing the battery holding the power button for seconds and then putting everything back together I m about to throw the thing out the window and I cannot afford any parts to replace or take it to any computer repair shop I only make about a week nbsp

A:Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does

Was able to turn it on

Its in safe mode right now and I'm checking the event log 8,894 errors. They are 7023, 7031, 7034, 10010, 14329, 6008, 55, and 8003. The 7000 event ID all occur when im trying to turn my laptop on.
Relevancy 38.7%

I hope I m posting in the correct area for this kind of encompasses a little bit of everything video mainly For the past several days when watching DVD movies on my Dell Dimension I ve noticed intermittent video freeze ups they last for only about to second the freeze up stops the movie starts back up again Now I wouldn t be so concerned about this but when the movie comes back on-line and starts up again the movie skips forward about seconds therefore when the movie is finished playing I think it would be safe to assume that DVD videos freeze, skip? then release, then I ve missed close to minute to maybe even minutes worth of time from the whole film due to this freeze up resume and skip problem I know that it s important in these matters for everyone to know what I m using as far as hardware amp software here goes O S Ubuntu Desktop Version bit Media Player VLC Computer Dell Dimension Hardware Intel Pentium Hyper-Threading Gig CPU Intel xx Mother Board onboard Network Interface adapter Gig s of DDR system RAM Gig internal Maxtor RPM I D E hard drive Nvidia GeForce A DVD videos freeze, then release, then skip? MB DDR RAM Clock MHz Pipelines x Architecture NV card connection - PCI only no PCI-e or AGP only PCI slot Creative XF-i Titanium Fatality capable sound card Sony DVD-ROM drive at x speed Gear Head - USB HUB PCI slot card Watt stock Dell power supply Be aware that everything in regards to mother board connectivity to both the hard drive and DVD-ROM drive are done so through I D E connections Connected Peripherals Microsoft illuminated Reclusa gamers keyboard Microsoft illuminated Habu gamers mouse Panasonic Home Theater system connected via sets of RCA to mm cables AG Neovo inch LCD monitor set to x resolution Again this annoying problem is happening when only watching DVD s I have no problems what so ever when watching things such as an already downloaded video file watching You-Tube Watching Hulu or Fancast all those work great quot Got any thoughts my friends quot nbsp

A:DVD videos freeze, then release, then skip?

That power supply may no longer be sufficient or is failing slowly. Try another higher wattage power supply before anything else
Relevancy 24.08%

I got D-LINK DWA-131 WiFi adapter on my bro computer with Win 7. Mine router is Linksys E1000. Adapter connects to internet good, but after some surfing net network disconnects. When I try reconnect I get error and Windows troubleshoot. Only way is to turn adapter off and then on again few times to connect to network. What shall I do to fix this?
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey guys looking for some help here I had this problem at the beginning of the summer and thought i fixed it but its asleep falling randomly Monitor back The problem being my monitor going to sleep while I m using it and the only way to get it back is to reboot It first happend when I was playing Mass Effect and After a little research I narrowed it down to my graphics card overheating When I started monitoring it the temp would regularly get into the s C and also hit into the s Monitor randomly falling asleep One trip to best buy later and an extra gpu fan and it was better I think I was also careful to take breaks and let it cool Monitor randomly falling asleep Now more recently its been doing it occasionally It has happend once or twice in windows but I recently started taking a comp sci class and wanted to install Linux just for fun so I partitioned part of my HD for ubuntu Now I m not sure if its Monitor randomly falling asleep because of this but while playing in Ubuntu my monitor has fallen asleep three times today alone Once was when I was changing the background once when I was downloading pictures and once when I was trying to find out how to get the sidebar I had back So I guess my first question would be is this a hardware problem like I think or is it because of the ubuntu My money was on graphics card but I took it out and have been using the on board gpu for the past few hours and after the last indecent mentioned above I have run out of ideas and found myself here Any recommendations would be appreciated Note This is my first note so I apologize if im missing something or am in the wrong section or something like that Specs Win x OS AMD Athlon x Ghz processor Biostar TA G M motherboard G ram Nivida GT mb graphics card the one I took out W rosewill power supply nbsp
Relevancy 24.94%

DMA is enabled...

The sound is synced to the voices, but the music seems to be playing slowly. Like in slow motion.

Have tried playing with several different audio players... VLC (VLC default codecs) and k-lite codecs as well...

Any suggestions?

Thanks much..
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello iv been having problems with my internet since the start of this month it runs perfectly fine but randomly it will lag spike Can t load web sites can t do anything really but it won t DC It has went to local internet only a couple times but came back to full internet really fast It will do this randomly it can spike for seconds to minutes and these spikes can happen constantly for an hour or not even happen for an hour Iv contacted my ISP and they sent someone over to check my phone line Modem DSL Broadband btw and they said they found no errors they also changed my network server to a different one they checked to see if i had a virus or was getting DDOSd they said everything came up clean Iv ran a ping test on various sites and it will be normal but during the lag spikes ill have anywhere between packet loss or Iv also pinged my default gateway without the router and i get the same thing Request Timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost lo Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Does anyone have any idea of what could be causing this I never had these issues before The modem is brand new They gave me new ethernet cords and everything Also when i reboot my modem and it comes back on it won t connect to the primary DNS server when i run diagnose and i have to restart my DSL laggy Randomly computer before i can load any websites I use windows vista nbsp

A:Randomly laggy DSL

So your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is no help with this? After all it is their responsibility isn't it? What are your computer's complete specs? Have you run any antivirus and anti-malware scans yet
Relevancy 24.08%
A:Screen resolution changes randomly

Usually this is a problem with your video driver conflicting with some other program. You are running an old version of Internet Explorer. This tells me that you are missing some critical XP updates. Run Windows Update, paying attention to all critical and hardware updates. While your at it, you have too many toolbars.That search hook looks bad... Is Avast running and updating properly? You may have a malware infection

You may want to post this here:
Virus & Malware Trouble
Relevancy 24.08%

i have a customers computer that randomly shuts down in the middle of just general usage. I will do the basic trouble shooting, but any further info or tips would be great. Thanks.

A:Computer randomly shuts down

Common causes for this would be overheating or PSU failure.

Download and install this to keep an eye on your CPU temperature. Set it to display the temps in the task bar. If the temps are going over 80C you should check the fan is OK and that the heatsink is clean, also replace the thermal paste on the CPU.
Relevancy 24.08%

I reformatted one of our computers at work about a month ago Re-installed windows xp Pro on it did all the updates install all the drives etc Installed a new DVD drive ASUS Black X DVD because the old one was dead But since then it will randomly shut the monitor off and it just says quot No Signal quot but the computer seems to keep working Now there does seem to be a bit of a trend to it sometimes of the time when you do a search in Windows Explorer it monitor shuts off In the last weeks or so trying to load a CD or DVD causes the same thing - of the time Also using IE seems to cause it to but only about of the time so it might not have anything to do with IE But sometimes you won t be doing any of the above and the monitor will shut off It never did this before reformat so thats why I m leaning towards it being a software issue instead randomly itself shuts Monitor off of a dead graphics card Its not too old of a card either replaced it yrs ago I have removed the graphics card driver and reinstalled it but that didn t seem to help I double checked that Monitor randomly shuts itself off all the hardware devices have drivers installed for them and the device manager says Monitor randomly shuts itself off they are working Would a screwy monitor cause this to happen And its not like the monitor timed out because no one was using the computer Right in the middle of doing something it shuts off Attached is the full hardware report from PC Wizard So any ideas nbsp

A:Monitor randomly shuts itself off

How many VGA/DVI ports does the GPU have? If it has more than one, switch to a different port and see if the issue reoccurs.
Relevancy 29.67%

Okay, soo my computer's memory is full and I want to clean it out. I was wondering if it's possible to export my itunes library on a 1TB external hard drive, delete all the music off the computer than be able to sync my ipod while my hard drive is plugged in. Thanks
Relevancy 23.22%

Just got a new computer 2 days ago:

Alienware Aurora_r3
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 Ghz
4.00 GB ram
Windows 7 (64bit)
Dual video cards, both AMD Radeon HD 6800 series, with latest catalyst drivers installed directly from the website

Whenever I try to run games in full screen mode (as opposed to windowed), after 2 to 5 minutes my computer will just turn off. No error messages, warning sounds, lights, anything.. it just turns off. Affected games include Starcraft2, WoW, League of Legends, that I have tested so far.

However, if I run these games in windowed mode, I can play without interruption with all graphic options turned to the max. Problem does not appear to be overheating, as the thermal indicator software that came with pre-installed never gets above 29C.

Any ideas how to fix? I don't want to have to send it back 2 days after getting it

A:New computer randomly restarts when running games in fullscreen

Alienware has been known with plagued thermal problems.

You can check inside the case and see if there's any possible mis-directed air flows, and point the duct, or add the fan to that area and see if that helps.

Dual video cards are known to be overheat very easily. If you have three PCI-E slots, move the last HD6800 to the bottom and extend the Crossfire cable to there, and see if that actually remedy with that kind of problem.
Otherwise, send it back and complain that you were ripped off, and maybe they could fix it for free.
EDITED: There's other possible options;

- kill all tasks in task manager, or using the batch with " taskkill /F /IM "program name"
- update your directX
- Downgrade your catalyst driver version to the factory driver, or upgrade to the newest driver that is FROM ATI/AMD website. ( )
- leave your side case to open up the more air-flows in the computer.

Welcome to Techspot, arangar32!
Relevancy 24.08%

Computer is randomly shutting off when in use I will be typing on word and it shuts off I turn it back on and listen to music a little later it shuts off use shutting randomly Computer during off again Turn it back on and leave it run for a while come back to it and move the mouse and it shuts off again I have sleep and hibernate Computer randomly shutting off during use mode shut off this PC also this PC is keep on for days When it shuts off the screen shuts of and tower shuts off and power button blinks blue Thought it was in sleep or hibernate mood so move the mouse nothing hit enter on the keyboard nothing Try pushing the power button nothing Have to turn off the power bar to restart the computer Then on boot up it says windows did not shut down properly I manage to scan the computer for virus none showed up on Bitdefender I went into bios and fans are work and CPU temp is at C which is normal The PC is an Emachine about years old with MS- motherboard and AMD Sempron processor with Vista SP on it I dont know what could be the problem with it any help suggest or idea would be great nbsp

A:Computer randomly shutting off during use

Hello, welcome to techspot. The first thing that comes to mind is the powersupply. E machines are known for having bad power supplys andi have experenced it.
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with vista and every time i try to play a song from my external hdd i get an error message that says "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set associations control panel.

A:Unable to play music from external HDD

This is the normal instruction for setting up a file association.

1. Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button, typing "default programs" and then clicking Default Programs in the pop up list.
2. Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
This opens a list of extensions.
3. Choose the extension of the files that you wish to open then click on change program button.
4. Select the program you wish to associate the file with and click Ok.

If you have already done this try right clicking on the file and selecting open with then choose the player.
Relevancy 24.08%

Ok here s the deal Computer was randomly shutting down Did some research and seems to be with most forums and info that it s overheating or power supply issue Fixed it was a poor job on the paste on the CPU last time i ll buy a pre-built The problem While I was figuring my computer out I decided to upgrade my wifes a little I have dual Nvidia GT s and I gave her one of them switched out her ATI or Shutting down think randomly, overheating its don't PSU Installed the drivers and used driver sweeper to make sure the ATI was gone Now all of a sudden her computer is suddenly shutting off So I figured well maybe it was my graphics card so i took mine back out and put hers back in and reinstalled drivers and sweeped it it s still doing it I find it odd that mine was doing it I took a piece out of mine and put it in hers and now hers is doing it and mines working again with that GT back in and the other computer still isnt working any ideas nbsp

A:Shutting down randomly, don't think its PSU or overheating

This is a bit strange, but, most likely a problem with drivers. How did you install the driver for the Nvidia card in your wifes PC was it a download or from a disk. Also did you clean out the Nvidia driver before you re-installed the ATI and what source did the ATI driver come from.

When the Nvidia card was in your PC causing problems it may have had a bad connection which has been corrected by reseating it.

If you downloaded the driver from anywhere other than the manufacturers site you may not have the most up to date version, or if from a third party it might be infected with malware.
Relevancy 24.08%

i will be online and i randomly get limited connectivity for like 20 seconds then it goes back to normal this happens all day long 40 mins pass by and it happens an hour passes by again it happens.

im using a linksys router wireless. when i had it connected ethernet it did the same thing and i have tried different IPS my laptop does not do this

i am using windows 7 as well as my laptop

i believe the correct term is packet loss. it only happens in game

A:Randomly get limited connectivity

hello? some help please
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello so here I am after I upgraded my PSU and GPU I took some recommendations from people on here purchased the parts and installed them into my computer myself Fast forward a month and I upgraded to windows from XP Now every once in a while using when Computer not randomly actively restarts when I am not actively using my computer say I leave it on while I use my Xbox or go and do something else and leave it on I ll come back to see it at the login screen and I ll log in and it ll say it recovered from and unexpected restart I don t normally leave my computer on when Computer randomly restarts when not actively using I m not using it or near it So it ll do Computer randomly restarts when not actively using this after about - minutes of sitting Idle would be my guess Which come to think of it is when my screensaver is running which is a custom one I got from the internet featuring the matrix code falling down the screen Damn could that be it Anyway it was never a problem until yesterday when it restarted itself and all my programs in the Programs x were wiped out I E the folders are there but they are completely empty Sorry for this being so long just trying to be thorough here is my specs Windows Intel Core Duo E GHz Gb Corsair RAM HIS Radeon HD Watt Corsair PSU Gigabyte Motherboard Anything else just ask Help would be greatly appreciated Edit Also rarely when I hit the power button to turn on my computer when it s off it ll make three rapid beeps and the display won t come on but pressing the power button to shut it off and turning it back on fixes it nbsp

A:Computer randomly restarts when not actively using

Eh, hate to bump but I need a solution.
Relevancy 25.37%

I purchased a refurbished HP blank DVD-R on music not 11 Windows Player will Media burn DC Core Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R Duo E GHz with a DVD -RW drive I am able to write music to a blank DVD-R using ImgBurn but Windows Media Player and will only write to a blank CD-R It will playback the DVD-R that I create on ImgBurn The DVD Device is HL-DT-ST Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R DVD RAM GH L The Operating System is XP Pro I had to purchase a DVD Decoder from Roxio in order to play a DVD movie in Windows Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R Media Player Is there something else that I need to purchase to write music on a blank DVD-R Or is there some setting that needs to be changed Someone suggested that WMP does not write to DVD-Rs but I have WMP on a PC with Vista and it writes to a blank DVD-R with no problem I wrote to the DVD-R on the Vista PC and I was able to read it on the XP Pro PC I just cannot write it on the XP Pro According to Microsoft WMP is supposed to write an audio file to a Data Disk nbsp

A:Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R

1. I would check current firmware version for the DVD and look for a firmware update
> Use Nero Infotool to see current drive info incl. firmversion and look if updates available

2. See if this might apply CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters

3. You might also try a DVD+R disc

/* EDIT */
Oh! i also just noticed you posted in the Introduce Yourself forum. Next time please post in the forum for topic
Relevancy 23.65%

So my USB ports decided to stop working. I'm using Windows 7 and they were working fine this morning until I unplugged my USB devices and packed my computer, then when I came home, the ports stopped working. I have two ports and I've tried placing three different items (two mice and 1 webcam) in all the ports, no avail. Even the light under my mouse isn't lighting up. I restarted twice and when I go to device manager there are no exclamation marks or anything wrong under USB tab.

I even uninstalled all my USb serial controllers and restarted and they got installed back but still nothing. Then I disabled selective suspend and nothing too. =[
Any help guys? thanks!

A:USB ports randomly stopped working on Windows 7

I've noticed that nobody's replied to your post, so I figured I'd try to say at least a little something. I'm not too sure that it'd be of any help to you, but have you checked any settings in your BIOS that might be responsible for the control of it? It's probably a bit of a long shot but it can't hurt to check it out.
Relevancy 23.22%

Ever since setting up broadband at home from randomly? certain drop connection Can programs to seemingly Internet cause time to time on a daily basis the internet Can certain programs cause Internet connection to drop seemingly randomly? connection would cut out for no more than seconds We have three computers connected to the wireless here and when these random cut outs occur we are all still connected to the router Local only Can certain programs cause Internet connection to drop seemingly randomly? At first I put this problem down to just a bad choice of ISP but then one of the house-mates went away for a week and during that time we experianced no internet cut outs at all I had my laptop on for at least days in a row non-stop monitoring drops and there were none As soon as our rd housemate returned home we started having these drops again So my question is what are the possible reasons for these cut outs Could it simply be down to using more bandwidth when the of us are all connected or are there any known perhaps malicious programs that may cause such occurances We have an unlimited internet package but I am pretty sure it is something to do with this rd pc as at times when one of the other are not functioning we stil have the drops nbsp
Relevancy 23.65%

Computer specifications:

Operating System
MS Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz 44 C
Conroe 65nm Technology
2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (5-5-5-18)
Intel Corporation DP35DP (J1PR)
M208WA @ 1280x960
512MB GeForce 8800 GT (Undefined) 53 C
ForceWare version 258.96
Hard Drives and Optical drives
JEL 5QN856V4 SCSI CdRom Device

My computer keeps restarting for no apparent reason. I've performed a memtest, It passed. When I leave my computer on, doing nothing, it doesn't restart.

I've reinstalled my PC, formatting it completely, didn't help.

I've unchecked the "Automatically restart PC on error" and no BSOD shows up.

It's not overheating, since I've got a little monitor on my computer box, always monitoring the CPU heat, and it's always 40-50 degrees celsius.

Any idea what could be done?

A:Windows XP restarting randomly (not overheat)

If NOT using keyboard but just browsing, etc with mouse, does this happen?

Or the alternative (typing a bunch, no mouse).
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi, i have a toshiba l300d satellite computer, however It keeps on Crashing at random times "when i mean crashing it as if someone was holding the turn on button" {when there is not} and when i try to turn it on again it will crash again

The only way i can stop this is if i leave it for 30 minuites or so and come back and then restart it, i have checked on many websites and rang toshiba but they could not help me.

If anyone could help please reply

Also when i first purchased the computer the battery lasted for 2 hours or so, and in the last year or so it has been maxed to 15 minuites on its battery i am not sure if this is linked to it but i dont really mind the small battery problem but anyways thankyou.
(also this is a problem with the computer to it is slow o.0)

A:My laptop crashes randomly and often

Shutting down after some period of use could be related to heat. The fact that it comes on after sitting for 30 minutes also points to a heat issue.

The battery life could be normal, rechargeable batteries lose the ability to hold a full charge after so many recharge cycles. You may just need to replace the battery.
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi (budgeted) from music a Recommendations new recording building scratch computer for I would like to put together a computer with these software requirements in mind for reason record Intel P AMD Athlon XP at GHz or better multiple cores highly recommended GB RAM or more DVD drive GB free hard disk space Record may use up to GB cache disk space Windows XP SP Vista or later I currently have XP and would do Windows but I really don t care for Vista please don t figure in to the total and yes I will be getting a legal copy I would like to go the cheapest route Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music which I imagine would be building from scratch If I can stay under dollars that s Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music be best although spending a little more for a really nice system that will be good for a few years is favorable I found this as a starting point and would like to know the thoughts from the inside The only additional information I have is I have TB s that are waiting for a home Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music so I m not worried about storage and also the quieter the better as everything helps while recording Thank you very much in advance - Dinvex nbsp

A:Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music

You can do better with your budget. I recommend this:

AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor - $57.99 + free shipping
GIGABYTE GA-MA74GM-S2 AM3\AM2+\AM2 AMD 740G mATX AMD Motherboard - $53.99 ($51.99 with M-Club discount) + variable shipping depending on location
OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit - $75.99 + $0.99 shipping
NZXT Beta EVO Chassis - CS-NT-BETA-EVO - $53.99 + free shipping
SeaSonic SS-300ET Bronze 300W ATX12V V2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - OEM - $39.99 + $8.57 shipping
ASUS Xonar DX PCI-E Sound Card - $79.99 ($59.99 after $20 MIR) + free shipping
Grand Total = ~$380, not considering rebates.
Relevancy 24.08%

My wireless internet keeps die randomly, just the connection dying. The internet stays connected to the router but i have no connection on my computer until i repair the connection to which it works fine again for about another hour.
So i have decided to try and find out why this was happening, which is why i have done the hijackthis scan.
So if anyone would be so kind to see if there is any problems going on here, would be apprieciated.
And if there is any of way of finding out why my connection keeps dying randomly would also be very much apprieciated.

A:Internet randomly disconnecting

Welcome to TechSpot! Hopefully I can give you some guidance.
First, you need to understand that we don't use HijackThis to 'screen' for problems.

About the connection interrupt:
1. If you use a router: Disconnect the power from the router and the modem. Wait about 30 seconds. Then reconnect the power to both. This is known as power cycling If frees up the memory in the router.
2. Check the manufacturer's site of this:
C:\Program Files\TalkTalk\TalkTalk SNU5630NS 05 Wireless USB Adapter Utility\TTUSBBGMonitor.exe
See if there is any firmware update available. If there is, follow the instructions and update the driver.
3. Check the setting you have for this:
O23 - Service: ES lite Service for program management. (ES lite Service) - Unknown owner - Crogram FilesGigabyteEasySaverESSVR.EXE Easy Energy Saver it's a motherboard utility that manage the power of CPU, fan and may others.
Click on start> All Programs> double click on GigabyteEasySaver and check the settings. It might be that it is closing the system down for some reason.
4. If you have checked all the equipment, cable and settings and still have the problem, contact your ISP are report the problem.
Relevancy 25.8%

i was watching some videos online and i tried to mute sounds from all the other stuff i was using at the tim and now i go back to my spotify and its says it cant play music because there is a problem with the sound card what do i do?

A:Spotify won't play music because of a problem with my sound?

Can you take a screen shot of the actual error message and post it? You might just have to re-install the sound card driver, but who knows you haven't given enough info yet to give you a good answer.
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello TechSpot!
About two months ago I had wireless installed in the house. However, the tech could not figure out how to properly set up some aspects of the connection. I know a little about networking so I gave it a shot. My connection runs great until I start using it too much (I dont know how else to word it). It will mainly disconnect when I play on Xbox Live.
The router I'm using is a Linksys WRT310Nv2-CC

This computer has alot of problems that I look forward to correcting with your help!

A:Router randomly loses connection

Hi MetabolicHigh Welcome to Techspot,

This Router has know DNS issues and sometimes linkes certain sites such as facebook and yahoo to myspace and redirects the sites.

I would be a little worried if a Technician could not set up the wireless in your house. Here are a few things you may want to check:

Which service provider are you using? i would check to see if you have a download/usage limit attached to you package.
Signal. An unlikely proplem as your seem to be able to use it ok before it cuts out.
Does it automatically re-connect after the signal drops?
Have you checked that you have the latest firmware for your router?

In your post you say you have many issues with the computer so what other problems do you have as maybe somes of them are linked.

Hope this helps
Relevancy 24.08%

Ok so this started happening about days ago When I go on the internet after about - minutes sometimes longer sometimes shorter my internet will stop working even though my modem is online router is working fine and it says I am connected The other items in my household that share the same router ex computer that is the same kind as mine except better gfx card and sound card and my ps can still go online fine Also anything that I was online with already like playing World of Warcraft or watching a video will still be playable online perfectly fine I can still play WoW shuts Internet randomly? off online with my friends Internet shuts off randomly? but when I try to open a browser new tab or anything else that uses the internet on my computer it doesn t load and eventually says connection reset I have done virus scans with Trend Micro Spybot S amp D Malwarebytes Avast Anti-Virus and used CC Cleaner I even tried restore point NOTHING WORKED Internet shuts off randomly? Problem still persists and the only way to fix it once it s happened is restart the computer I doubt it s router problem since the other computer can still Internet shuts off randomly? go online same with everything else using the router But this is just strange how can I not be able to use the internet but play World of Warcraft the same time nbsp

A:Internet shuts off randomly?

Test with a different router... The Trend Micro is famous for doing this after about a year of use.

When intermittent failures start, the replacement of your Wireless or wired router is the best fix to keep you from jumping through too many hoops.
Relevancy 22.79%

okay I have a ASUS G72GX Republic of Gamers Laptop.

I can be browsing the web watching a movie or even playing World of Warcraft and this thing will either go into sleep mode or the screen will go blank like 2 to 3 times my keyboard lights will switch off as well. I have to move my mouse or hit any key to get the screen to come back. I have done EVERYTHING Iknow of to stop this EVERY thing in the Power settings is turned off This shouldn't be happening at all... I do not know what to do lol it is driving me crazy... Please some one give me some intel on what could be the problem...

A:Laptop goes into random sleep modes or screen goes blank randomly

DX file

Relevancy 23.22%

This is regarding my custom built desktop my Microphone works fine and my sound works fine so long as i dont try to use both at the randomly working (Windows using Audio a after 7) stops microphone same time Whenever i Audio stops working randomly after using a microphone (Windows 7) use a program like ventrilo or a game that has built in voice chat or skype the microphone works great as well as the sound for a little while but most of the time after anywehre from three minutes to two hours the sound on my computer goes out the microphone continues to work all the settings in the sound configuration menus are said to be working fine but the sound just does not work a reboot fixes the problem but it will come back as soon as i try to speak again Something else to note When i try to play a movie mp in winamp or itunes Audio stops working randomly after using a microphone (Windows 7) they do not play correctly after this microphone induced problem starts The mp s will quot play quot in that the sound appears to be being sent from the program to Audio stops working randomly after using a microphone (Windows 7) the computer but what is wierd is that the bar that shows how far through the song movie you are moves at half speed so instead of going from to in one second it moves slower and after about seconds will only be seven seconds into the song I cannot hear if this is a graphical problem or a sound problem but since ithappens both in itunes and winamp this problem is directly related for reference im using the quot speakers quot option in windows s Sound application my microphone is quot novahsdesktopmic quot which is what i named mine and then there is another mic quot FrontMic quot which is not the default but is in the list help nbsp

A:Audio stops working randomly after using a microphone (Windows 7)

update: I have since found out that the microphone is not directly related. Tonight is the first time it went out without using the microphone at all. I was compiling a video and trying to listen to music when it went silent. It seems to kick out whenever i am doing alot of things soundwise.
Relevancy 24.08%

Just a quick question. The last couple days my computer has been running a bit slower. It's most noticeable when watching videos online that are HD 1080, these used to load up and run fine, now I'm having trouble even watching lower ones like 320. Should I be concerned, and is there a way to fix this? I'm running a 32 bit Windows XP

A:Computer slowing down randomly

Whats your Processor + clockspeed , Ram and Video card. If no video card what's your motherboard model ?
Relevancy 23.65%

my computer randomly crashes during any download process excluding web pages, it cannot be the ram as i have put new ram in , (yes it is supported i checked) and a new processor , this never occoured before my new processor but im not sure how it can be my processor its new? , any ideas people?

win 7 ultimate

ECS RS482-M (V1.0A)

socket 939 AMD athlon 64 x2 dual core 3800+ 2.00GHz

2gb of DDR-SD ram

Nvidia geforce 8400 GS

A:Computer crashing randomly during any download

Is it crashing like the programs are crashing or is it crashing like a blue screen or shutdown?
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi I have a LG W2243S flatron and a new medion MD8855 computer running windows 7 which both have been working fine...and yet the monitor for no aparant reason and with no warning turns off!! the red on/off light goes out completely the LG symbol comes up and the monitor turns off, you just saait and wait and it comes on again, Ihave plugged unplugged I have checked for latest drivers, all up to date because as I say it is new.

While writng this it has turned off 8 times!!
Please suggestions?

Thankyou regards

A:Monitor turns off randomly

First you need to try the monitor on another computer. If it works on another computer then your problem is most likely the video card.
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello as you can see im new so this may be the wrong spot but it seemed to be Computer randomly down (overheating?) shuts the best place for this type of question But anyhow my computer has been shutting itself off at completely random times whether i am using it or it is just sitting there I ignored it the Computer shuts down randomly (overheating?) first few times thinking maybe it was a fluke but now after several time within a week it is continuing to do some I ran Speed Computer shuts down randomly (overheating?) fan to see if that was the problem and i think it is I was going to post an image but i need more posts so here the info its displaying Flame GPU C blue down arrow Temp C blue down arrow Temp C blue down arrow Temp - C blue down arrow HD C blue down arrow Core C Flame Core C blue down arrow Ambient C I also notice about every - minutes only been running about minutes the GPU and Core the one with the flame are going up one degree Fan Speeds Fan RPM Fan - RPM I notice it says all but fan are running at rpm i find this odd as i can see right now the fan on the panel the back of the tower and the one attached to the psu i think thats what it is are all spinning Any help would be greatly appreciated and if more info on my computer is needed i will post THANKS nbsp

A:Computer shuts down randomly (overheating?)

Heat will shut a system down fast. What are the temperature parameters for your video card?
Relevancy 23.65%

Right now im using a modem that i got from AOL.

SpeedTouch ST585 v6

Every so often is will randomly reset, a hardware fault which ivsearched all over the internet. Upgrading the firmware makes no diffrence at all. Recently, my internet cuts off but all the lights are still light at normal, i tried dissabling the adaptor and yet the ethernet light stayd light. So my problem is deffinatly in my router.

My questions are...

If i buy a new modem on my own, will it still work for my ISP?
What is a good modem to replace my current one?

2 or more ethernet slots for my keyboard and my pc.
dsl compatible
windows 7 compatible
AOL compatible]

A:Modem randomly resets, can I replace it?

Dose anyone know if all modems are compatible with all isp's?
Relevancy 24.08%

Using a 550watt Antec Neo HE550, system built 5 years ago and PC will shut down at random times, although when it does start to just turn off, it will do it sometimes over and over and other times I can run the machine all day with no problems, I believe it is the PSU but not sure.

OS Linux Ubuntu

A:Is my PSU going bad? PC shuts down randomly

If I need to get another one, which one - I don't want to spend over 40-50 dollars, I know it is cheap range but with all this KVM stuff, it is getting expensive. Like I said, 5 year old, was the best you could buy at the time and the machine runs good but I wanna do a whole new system soon so this is just to keep it going.
Relevancy 24.08%

I just built this new box for gaming about 3-4 days ago, had all the parts shipped in from and have been having problems with random freezes. No BSOD's at all, just freezing of the screen, no mouse movements, and I cant even turn numlock off on the keyboard. I have ran memtest, HD tests, virus scans, spyware scans, and have checked the temps of the CPU GPU and MB. All temps are normal (CPU avg. 25-30 degrees Celcius at idle, GPU 50-55 degrees Celcius at idle, and MB 18-25 degrees Celcius at idle). I cant seem to figure out the problem. Any input would be appreciated.

Also occassionally playing WoW, my keyboard and mouse acts like it gets unplugged and plugged back in from time to time. Mouse is plugged into hub on keyboard.

A:New Build PC Freezing Randomly

What is the make and model of your video card and did you update the drivers? If not try the following steps:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* Also unplug mouse from keyboard hub. What are the results?
Relevancy 25.8%

Music visualizer for media players

Any one have any preferences or suggestions for a good one of these. I have had a look at WhiteCap but wondered what else there was out there that was as good or maybe even better?
Relevancy 24.08%

i recently bought a computer (around the end of Jan 2010), and ever since about 2-3 weeks after i bought it, i have been randomly losing signal with the monitor. This happens when the computer goes on standby, sometimes when i try to turn the computer on, and sometimes after i have used the computer for a few hours. I installed dual-screen monitors soon after i bought the computer. Recently i reformatted the computer, and this seemed to fix the problem for around 2 weeks, but now it is starting up again (i went to a computer shop and they said that there didnt seem to be any problems with the hardware).

specs are:
* ASUS P6T Motherboard
* Cooler Master 600W PSU
* Windows 7 Pro
* 1TB Hard drive
* 4-6 GB of RAM (cant remember exactly, havent been able to check)

My two monitors are a BENQ 22' HD LCD, and a 19' DELL LCD (which i bought around 2005). Both monitors lose signal.

A:Monitor randomly going blank

so, you lose video to just one monitor or both?
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a budget of 500-550. The purpose for this computer is for music production. Ill be using cu base 5, ill be using vsti such as east west, toon track superior drummer,trillian etc. (To give you guys more of a visual) Ill be running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Tomorrow ill look around for parts, prices, I just realize am better off of building my own unit.

As far as the mobo goes. I would like to get .....
500 gig hard drive
Graphics card. (I won't be doing any gaming, cheap one will be neat)
Motherboard (i need fire wire on it)
RAM (4-gigs) ddr2
Case (i need a case with good air flow)

Any suggestions , references....

A:Building Music Production Computer

Rock4MUSIC said:

I have a budget of 500-550. The purpose for this computer is for music production. Ill be using cu base 5, ill be using vsti such as east west, toon track superior drummer,trillian etc. (To give you guys more of a visual) Ill be running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Tomorrow ill look around for parts, prices, I just realize am better off of building my own unit.

As far as the mobo goes. I would like to get .....
500 gig hard drive
Graphics card. (I won't be doing any gaming, cheap one will be neat)
Motherboard (i need fire wire on it)
RAM (4-gigs) ddr2
Case (i need a case with good air flow)

Any suggestions , references....Click to expand...

I'm thinking that without gaming ambitions, the new Intel core i3 CPUs might meet your needs with their integrated graphics. These give pretty decent scores in
the Windows Experience Index, something like 4.9 for Areo, and 5.3 for business and gaming graphics. To the best of my knowledge, the matching H55/ H57 Intel chipset motherboards provide Fire Wire input.

You should first subscribe to Newegg's Email list, so you can grab your parts as they become available on sale.

Here is Intel's list of socket LGA1156 CPUs available at Newegg; 50001157 1051749233&name=LGA 1156

And the matching integrated graphics H55/ H57 boards in the Gigabyte brand; 1070549182 107173338&name=Intel H55/H57 Be sure to pick one with 4 memory sockets. (4 out or 5 do). I have this one;

Please pay no attention to the bad reviews for this product, they were all written by imbeciles claiming, "high technical ability". I don't know squat about computers, and I had one of these systems up and running perfectly, with Windows 7 installed, in about 3 hours.

In fact, I'm hoping Newegg will offer "don't know squat" as a technical ability claim option. That way, I'll be able to check, "don't know squat", and report, "it works perfectly for me, 5 stars"!

Here is a test report done on a few of these boards at Techspot;
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a new-to-me desktop dell pentium windows xp pro SP dvd player tsst corp cdrwdvd ts-h no player music Dvd sound movie a cd, a with sound with has b also has samsung cd-rom sc- c software avast free malwarebytes spybot s d scan only spywareblaster currently off spywareguard currently off zonealarm free firewall hi techspot i am trying to solve another problem over Dvd player has sound with a music cd, no sound with a movie at bleeping computer having to do with streaming video on this computer i read about you--you were highly recommended for someone with a driver-related problem which this may be in trying to figure out my streaming video problem i tried out the cd player and the dvd player today for the first time the cd player works fine except sound is weak even at Dvd player has sound with a music cd, no sound with a movie top settings dvd player has pretty much the same sound as the cd player with a cd in it that is weakish sound When I put in a movie there is beautiful video but zero sound I tried a few different movies to make sure of the problerm other info default media player is wmp a former user seems to have used powerdvd i can play a movie using either wmp or powerdvd Neither have any sound i am happy to add new drivers etc but will need help Not sure if related to streaming video problem shuts down browsers explorer and firefox for you-tube and hulu as soon as video loads some short commercials ok video and sound appreciate ideas thanks wannabegeek nbsp

A:Dvd player has sound with a music cd, no sound with a movie

Sounds like you are missing some sound codecs, at the very least. Luckily Techspot can provide them for you...

Hope this solves your problem.
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey all,

Lately, my system has been randomly shutting off as if it loses power temporarily. The screen just goes black, and then the system boots back up. As far as I can tell, it only happens when my system is overclocked, but even then it is inconsistent. I had my i7 920 clocked to a simple 3.2 ghz and my gtx 275 clocked to 725/1650/1300, then ran folding clients (SMP and GPU2 respectively) on both of them for 8 hours with no problems. Then, I close down the clients, open up photoshop and bridge, and the system shuts down. I turned it back on and within five minutes it had shut off again. I have restored the bios to stock settings, and it appears to be running fine. Could this be a PSU problem? Or does this system just not like overclocking very much? Any advice is welcome.

A:Computer randomly shuts off

Oh, also, I have been keeping an eye on my temps... According to Gigabyte's Easy Tune 6 program, the CPU temp has never gone above 45C and looking at EVGA Precision, the GPU temp usually sits in the mid-high 50s.
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi, I have an Alienware m15x and I turned it on this morning to find it randomly bleeping. The laptop works fine, I can still do everything I want on it, except Its really annoying to hear this beeping noise all the time.
It isnt coming from the speakers I know that much, which suggests to me hardware, but the only hardware I can think of that moves and could make a noise is the Hard Drive, could this be causing the noise.
Also the bleep is constant, sometimes every second, every two seconds. Although it has just stopped now, but im guessing it will start again soon
Any advice

A:Laptop bleeping randomly

read the bios beep guide in the motherboard forum FAQs
Relevancy 23.22%

My computer is Computer gray with black randomly crashes and lines a custom made computer I made it about a week ago with ordered parts from Computer crashes randomly with black and gray lines newegg com I would be doing anything like for example browsing the web or playing a game or starting up and then suddenly it crashes When it crashes it either has black gray lines all over the monitor or completely freezes and has a looping sound that sounds like a microwave These are the SPECS OS Windows bit home premium Motherboard ASUS Crosshair III Formula AM Computer crashes randomly with black and gray lines AMD FX ATX AMD republic of gamers Graphics card XFX ATI RADEON HD CPU AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb GHz Socket AM W Quad-Core Processor Model HDZ FBGMBOX RAM Mushkin Enhanced Blackline GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model PSU CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V Harddrive Western Digital Caviar Black WD FALS TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive All drivers are updated for FYI Can anyone please help me with this problem nbsp

A:Computer crashes randomly with black and gray lines

gamobigz says....
has a looping sound that sounds like a microwave.

Have you tried to figure out which component may be making such noise, or is it coming out of speakers?

Also try checking system logs in Control Panel/Admin Tools / Event Viewer; may be something is being logged there which can help in giving clues what may actually be the problem.
Relevancy 26.23%

My favorite music player is "Winamp Media Player"

1. Flash Music Player
2. sidebar music players
3. RealPlayer 10

What is your favorite music player?

A:Favorite music player?

i just use itunes, since most of the time I only want to have the music playing the bacground, i don't really care for the download options that it gives or the visualizer.
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey guys I m new to the forums but hoping you lot can help I recently upgraded my gfx to a gtx frequently off turns without PC randomly warning zotac synergy edition from a gt all was PC randomly turns off frequently without warning going well until roughly last Sunday I was playing dawn of war and the pc turned itself off I figured must PC randomly turns off frequently without warning be a one off turned it on everything worked fine the last few days though whenever I try to run a game of decent quality e g gta mirrors edge mass effect even l d the pc turns off after a few minutes playing When I run normal programs such as the Internet and streaming videos the whole system is stable and runs fine just when gaming it goes off I m stumped to be honest it may be a psu failing or the motherboard I m not sure Atm I m running sata hdds gbs ddr ram a q and the gtx psu is a xpower w sli ready if anyone can help it would be gratefully appreciated nbsp

A:PC randomly turns off frequently without warning

Well, this generally happens for 2 reasons:

1.) High temperatures. Check your GPU and CPU temperatures and ensure that they are within their rated / acceptable limits.

2.) Power surge and lack of power protection device. Recently I removed my UPS and connected the PC to a cheap surge suppressor. I had exactly the same issue as you are having now.
Relevancy 24.08%

This first started last week i have had windows for about weeks at that time I started getting checkered black boxes all over my screen and would just get black screens while my computer was still on and that dots Multicolor appear randomly i could still hear audio i fixed this problem by installing older drivers With the old drivers the checkered black boxes stopped but my computer was freezing seconds into starting up and getting to my desktop So windows installed older drivers WDDM and it fixed the freezing but i started getting these random dots i am unable to screenshot them which are different color on every webpage on every video i watch other than mkv HD videos and in games I have tried doing all those in safe mode and i have no problems at all So i thought it might be heat my GPU runs at - C idle so i didn t think that was my problem but my CPU runs at around - C idle i tried replacing the thermal grease on my cpu and it really didnt do much after replacing my Multicolor dots that randomly appear thermal grease i started to get a boot error after my motherboard logo saying Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk and Press Enter It would not let me boot up unless Multicolor dots that randomly appear i had my windows disk in my cd drive so i reformated back to windows xp and am still getting the same problems specs gts q Asus p n -e i mobo corsair ddr - - - WD Raptor g WD Caviar green tb p s i have a picture from my phone of the dots but i cant post them here nbsp

A:Multicolor dots that randomly appear

Check your graphics card. Can you try it in another PC to test it? Also, go in the BIOS and check the voltages to make sure they are up to snuff.
Relevancy 23.65%

I got an Acer Aspire One off of woot com about - months ago Often I leave it turned on next to my bed playing video or music when I idea? any off after My turns Acer One while, Aspire randomly a go to sleep My Acer Aspire One randomly turns off after a while, any idea? Then I might forget to turn it off the next morning due to being in a rush That night I ll go back to the netbook and it will be off I have it set to hibernate and have come upon it in hibernation now and then but usually it s just plain off Does anyone have any clue My Acer Aspire One randomly turns off after a while, any idea? what could be up I don t see any power My Acer Aspire One randomly turns off after a while, any idea? setting on here that turns it off and even if there was one that wouldn t make sense considering the times when it actually is hibernating later Also it isn t due to the battery dying as it does this when the netbook is still plugged in Thanks for any help suggestions it just gets a little annoying when I leave something open for later and come back later to find it gone nbsp
Relevancy 23.22%

hi there new to this site basically been havin the same problems with my comp over a couple of weeks,

list of problems
computer randoms turns itself off
make beeps at start up
random bluescreens
all games crash tio destop fter random amounts of times

things i have tried
new graphics drivers
2 different gfx cards
these are the normal temp reading i have speedfan
+12v 2.22v

in game
system 33c
cpubetween 55-61c
aux 55-61c
hd0 34c

specs atholon 6000 x2
geforce 250gts 512
2gb ddr 2 800 ram
250gb segate
asrock n61 p-s motherboard

any help would be much appreciated,cheers

A:Computer randomly turns off ,games crashing to desktop

consult the bios beep guide.

you have a hardware issue.
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a strange experience with sounds lately I have no come background games of music sound How some different? idea why this happening or what is causing it but here it is How come some background music of games sound different? One day I was doing some light gaming on both my tower and laptop since both my computers meets the minimum requirements and while playing this game I heard some unusual sounds on both How come some background music of games sound different? my laptop and tower my laptop while playing the background music of the game seemed to be missing a couple or not few sound types in the game On my tower it sounded like it had an extra beat as if I could here that extra sound s with the background music playing I can t explain real good but to simplify this my laptop seemed to be lacking of some melody beats while my tower has it all and slightly deeper bass I turned my laptop speakers high yet no extra melody beat appeared I How come some background music of games sound different? did the same with the tower sounded the same as before but just louder I am sure I installed this game on both my computer successfully with no errors I reinstalled it again and same problem occurred I don t understand is the speakers more sensitive on the tower and giving it more variety of sounds or is the laptop speakers not so sensitive in outputting more variety of sounds Or both are wrong and it is just the matter of XP and VISTA or is it the software or drivers installed for the sounds Is something wrong with the speakers Do I need buy better ones Ones that s suppose to act normal nbsp

A:How come some background music of games sound different?

try updating your sound drivers first, then you might want to look into past problems others might have had with this games sound. Since this happened to both your computers at the same time it sounds like the problem is the game.

A simple test to see if your speakers are broke is music on them. Does it sound fine? yes? then it's not your speakers

unfortunatly without knowing what game it is that you are talking about I can't really look into any problems others have had with it.
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi I have this problem since past few weeks and i cant find a solution for it and was hoping if anyone could help me out.
The problem that i am having is that every time i listen to music or watching vidoes in net randmoly there are glitches like pauses and the sound sometimes gets robotic or goes slow motion.
Also when i turn my computer it takes my computer about 7-8 minutes to boot.

Here are my Specs.
Motherboard: Intel corporation D945GCCR AAD78647-301
Bios: Intel Corp. CR94510J.86A.0037.2007.0103.1611
Manufacturer Intel
Version Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz Package: Socket 775 LGA
Supported Voltage 1.420 v
Memory Type DDR2 PC2 5300 (333 MHz)
Installed Size 512 MBytes x2 total (1GB Ram) - 266.0 MHz
Sound card - inbuilt
Video card - inbuilt

Can anyone help me out

A:PC freezes randomly

One make sure the system CPU heat-sink fin are not clogged with dust same goes for the PSU and the rest of the system board. If there is dust remove it with a can of dust remover.

Try using AGP video card at 8x with 256MB and Video Sound Card instead of onboard. You might one to do this the easiest way is to buy the AGP card first then try it and see if the hicups go away. Remember to disable onboard video too.
Relevancy 24.08%

Well guys this one officially has me stumped after almost months of having problems and replacing almost randomly freezing PC every major part of hardware on the PC I have come to the conclusion that its got to be something besides RAM HDD VC or CPU and I just dont seem to be able to put my finger on it I have read through several other posts on this forum and found alot of people having similar problems but nothing that directly relates to the one I am having With all that being said I will see if I can discribe the issue to the best of my ability ok so what actually is happening is at random times the PC will freeze with no paticular program running I have had it freeze while running Internet Explorer Call Of Duty CorelDRAW PC freezing randomly X rFactor Ghostbusters Batman Arkham Asylum Warhammer K Dawn Of War II Windows Media Player Nero Ultimate Adobe Photoshop CS and in general Windows XP Pro SP while on the desktop I have tried running Memtest for hours with errors I have also run the stress tests with PassMark Performance Test Prime DMark FurMark and BurnIN all which run full tests and give accurate readings for the specs of the PC and no errors Now thats not the part that truely has me stumped what gets me is when running Speedfan my readings for the - V and - V are in the positive and the same can be said for Everest as well with the - V reading at V to V and the - V reading at V to V which I know they should be reading well below that but even with all of the fans and non-essential drives plugged in it is still reading like that these readings are coming off of a OCZ Stealth W PSU and prior to this freezing the stats were reading alot lower for those two pipes now I know this clearly indicates that the PSU is bad but when I check the voltages with a multimeter they are within normal operating levels which is the part that really floors me I mean I doubt that the motherboard could have that much draw but damn thats alot of power being sucked out of the PSU with no reason for it anyone else have any ideas on what it could be Thanks KRK nbsp

A:PC freezing randomly

We will need to know more about your system... Brand and model, or motherboard and configuration.

Strange problems that sometimes work. Replace the CMOS battery CR2032. Removing the heat sink to remove and replace the thermal past with the thinnest possible layer... as too much thermal paste acts as an insulator.
Others have had problems with the OCZ Stealth in higher speed units. Works well in normal computer installs, so you might want to try a test with a different power supply that is not OCZ and Not Antec... Perhaps Seasonic, FSP Group, Corsair...
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello I just recently built my new build and I have been having problems with my computer freezing Sometimes it boots fine and when i m doing something it will randomly freeze and all input ouput will be cut and i eventually get no signal from monitor keyboard stops working mouse sound my dvd drive does open tho when this freezing happens im forced to restart my computer sometimes when i do that it doesnt boot i turn it on and my cpu fan doesnt spin but everything else does and i get no signal from monitor other times my cpu fan doesnt spin but also my video card fan spins at full speed and doesnt stop and my computer doesnt boot when i say boot i mean nothing no post or anything and i get no signal from monitor and sometimes it doesnt freeze on startup the screen just immediately goes freezes boot wont randomly or Computer black it sounds like its restarting and I get no signal it takes a while to get my computer back up and running sometimes but then itll randomly freeze when it wants to again ive had it last days without freezing sometimes its mins mins hour hours etc Computer randomly freezes or wont boot its random AMD x ghz MSI fx-G GB OCZ Platinum MHz DDR Corsair W PSU TX Series XFX HD XT GB GDDR HAF Full Tower case any help on this would be greatly appreciated thanks p s ive had it freeze during startup in random place like windows loading screen even during a fresh windows Computer randomly freezes or wont boot install it froze durin that and even durin a system restore it doesnt care when it happens its random Computer randomly freezes or wont boot s oh and according to BIOS nothign is overheating and when I DO GET A CHANCE to play a game vid card is only at sometimes even lower and cpu is at ish nbsp

A:Computer randomly freezes or wont boot

Ok I think i might of found the problem...please help me verify if this is indeed what is causing my problem because I am pretty sure it is.

I downloaded SpeedFan.

I opened it up.

Read the voltages at the bottom...

My +12V was sitting an a constant 0.44V...
So does that mean its like dead or something?

Everything else was lower than it was supossed to be as well.

My +5V was at 3.5V which is low i think.. and ya... so i think this might be it.

I also went into the Monitor tab on Speed Fan or whatever, and monitored the +12V rail. It showed a realtime graph. And it was a flat line on 0.44V not doin a single thing..

Post your help on this please.
Relevancy 23.65%

I ve been having problems with my pc randomly shutting down but not completely in that the screen mouse and kb lose power yet the case cpu fans are still running as is the psu I brought it to be looked at at my local pc repair place after i had replaced the motherboard having the same symptoms where they informed me that i had a faulty motherboard After that i decided to replace basically everything besides the dvd drives and my case i have an Asus M A XTD EVO motherboard AMD phenom II cpu patriot x gb DDR ram Asus gb EAH gpu OCZ fatal ty w psu and a seagate gb sataII drive All this brand new thinking that i wouldn t have the same shutdown problem I was wrong It even shutdown before i installed the OS which is win I ve been racking my brain trying to figure out what the hell is wrong any suggestions welcome and btw i have tried different power points nbsp

A:New PC randomly semi-shutting down... need assistance

try removeing all cards , and if your useing USB devices like keyboard and mouse, but use ps2 devices...

then try installing OS, or running some type of system diags, for mem, and cpu test in dos...

something is conflicting, and causeing it to reboot...

hope this helps
Relevancy 24.08%

When I went to college months ago I brought my desktop with me worked fine before I left Got to school set it up and when I m running many processes on my computer or loading up a game it will Computer off Randomly Shuts turn off Then after that some times won t even turn back on I thought maybe it was my power supply since the one I had was the minimum power I needed and was old So I bought a brand new PSU with more power and the same problem is happening Here is my specs Motherboard Gigabyte S Series P -DS R PSU Corsair TX W Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz CPUs Memory Gigs of Ram Hard Drive Gig HD Total Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT I tried Computer Shuts off Randomly many different ideas to fix it I thought it was either the power supply was going bad or over heating But I Computer Shuts off Randomly got a new power supply and the heating is normal UPDATE Alright I just removed everything from my computer took motherboard out and processor Computer Shuts off Randomly out Put it all back in and made sure everything was connected and connected tightly Computer turned on and was loading everything Tested loading a game and right before the map loaded up it crashed Then turned computer right back on and turned off in a minute or so I m going try get all my information on my backup hard drive then reformat If that doesn t work any idea nbsp

A:Computer Shuts off Randomly

reiger said:

I'm going try get all my information on my backup hard drive then reformat. If that doesn't work any idea?Click to expand...

For a fault that first started happening 6 months ago!
Yes please do a clean install of Windows to confirm its not software related
Note: A clean install means removing the Partition(s)

Obviously this is Vista 64Bit OS ?
I suspect that you may have a Gigabyte Restore disc (or image on your hard drive) with this computer as well?
Then try that
At least then you will know if its hardware related (as you suspect already that it is)
Relevancy 24.08%

I just built PC Randomly off Turns a new PC Its turning off randomly It has never done this until recently Its a fairly new computer I put it together about a week ago Everything on it is brand new I have a video of it crashing so that it can explain itself better Any help would appreciated Move to h t t p www youtube com watch v l KnBQ WgE had to seperate to post Video may still be finalizing Should be done quickly ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name HAZERADE-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build win rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer PC Randomly Turns off System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor AMD Phenom tm PC Randomly Turns off II X Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode Motherboard ASUS M A nbsp

A:PC Randomly Turns off

hmmm, does this problem happen when you've been using the computer for a long time? if so, it may be the proc overheating and shutting itself down. Try reseating the heatsink / reapplying thermal paste on the processor, hopefully that will help.
Relevancy 23.65%

Recently my internet started disconnecting a ton during the day and I am really looking for a fix to this problem When my internet starts disconnecting it ll happen anywhere from every minutes to every hour The only ways I can get the internet to start working again Wired Internet Disconnecting Connection Randomly after this happens are to go into Network Connections through the control panel and then right click Local Area Connection and press repair or by restarting the computer After doing one of those things my computer will start disconnecting again soon after I m running Windows XP and have a Netgear WGT v router However I believe that my problem is not any type of hardware error because it only happens during the day and never happens to me at night at all The computer is using a wired connection but whenever the internet stops working on here Wired Internet Connection Disconnecting Randomly it will still work on all of the other computers connected to the same router I have also scanned the computer for viruses and spyware but have not found anything This problem is really bugging me so I d be very happy if anybody could help me If you need any additional information feel free to ask nbsp

A:Wired Internet Connection Disconnecting Randomly

What did you use scan the computer for pest? Also have you updated XP for patch release lately? How about the Netgear have you updated the firmware on it?

You can try to backup the router configuration to a file.
Then do a 90 second reset on it.
This would mean you keep on holding the reset button on the rear of the router with power cord attached while perform the following:

1. press and hold reset for 90 secs
2. during the first 30 secs you will unplug the power cord
3. during the second 30 secs you will plug-in back the power cord
4. during the third 30 secs at the end of that you would release and unplug the router for 15 seconds

Now try it again and see if the router works now..