Windows Support Forum

Issues installing windows 7 with Sata HDD

Q: Issues installing windows 7 with Sata HDD

Hi Guys I am not sure if this is the right place for this but here I go I have just built my own home built machine Spec at end of post and I am having some problems installing windows I have tested this system with my old gb IDE drive and I Sata Issues 7 windows HDD with installing can boot into the ubuntu partiton so the rest of the system is ok When I try to install windows it gets to quot where would you like to install windows quot and there are no Issues installing windows 7 with Sata HDD drives available I have checked all of the cables are plugged in sata and power and tried serveral SATA ports on the mother board but still no luck The drive has also been formatted There are serveral settings in the BIOS for quot PCH sata control quot IDE AHCI RAID XHD and I have tried them all when I set this as IDE the hardrive Issues installing windows 7 with Sata HDD is visible in the BIOS where as either of the other two settings it is not In all of these cases the drive is not recognised when I get into the windows install The M B guise suggested the AHCI mode I have also Tried using the M B disk to install SATA drivers once I get to the windows install page also no joy I have checked the specs on the website I bought these from and they are both Serial ATA- compatible and the HDD is Windows compatible I am somewhat out of idea s here The only thing i can still see is that there appear to be two jumper pins on the back of the HDD but the HDD was OEM and had no manual and i cannot find any description of what they do if anything If someone has any idea why this isn t working I would greatly appreciate the help Cheers Possum Samsung SH-S C x Internal DVD R RW SATA Drive - Black Intel Core i GHz Lynnfield Socket LGA Processor - Retail Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler EVGA GeForce GTX MB GDDR PCI-Express Graphics Card with HAWX PC-Game Xigmatek Midgard Pure Black Edition Gaming Case Microsoft Windows Home Premium -Bit - OEM Gigabyte GA-P A-UD Intel P A Socket DDR PCI-Express Motherboard Hitachi HDS CLA TB quot SATA II Hard Drive Corsair XMS GB x GB DDR PC - C MHz Dual Channel Kit CMX GX M A C OCZ ModXStream Pro W Modular Silent SLI Crossfire Ready ATX Power Supply nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Issues installing windows 7 with Sata HDD

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 71.38%

I have an ASUS ROG RAIDR Express PCIE SSD which I have it in UEFI mode where I was able to install Windows 7 successfully on it with my motherboard BIOS set to UEFI mode and CSM to UFEI as well. But now when I connect my storage HDD's and my 2 Corsair Neutron GTX SSD's which I set up in a RAID0 array in Legacy mode along with my Blu-ray RW optical drive, they're not recognized in Windows at all. How can I get Windows to recognize my drives in UEFI if even possible at all? I've tried switching the CSM back to Legacy to see if that'll work, but my system gets stuck in boot loop after the Intel RAID setup screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/383346-installing-windows-7-uefi-issues-detecting-other-sata-devices.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I know that you lot & SATA XP mobo issues with installing Asus have probably answered these before but i promise i did check and couldn t find a solution System AMD Athlon XP Asus A N X-D v mobo x mb Corsair RAM x Western Digital WD JS Caviar SE GB SATA HDD New Windows Drive x Maxtor gb SATA HDD Storage Drive My old IDE HDD died and so i opted to buy a SATA Asus mobo & SATA issues with installing XP drive this time as i knew the performance was better and the drives are much cheaper now I ve put the new drive into my pc the SATA connector into the primary socket the Maxtor storage drive has always been in the secondary and worked fine and tried starting my pc and the install process Unfortunately setup quot Asus mobo & SATA issues with installing XP did not find any hard disk drives installed quot I checked my BIOS settings and the boot order between SCSI and SATA is correct SATA st and when passing the BIOS stage the HDD is showing up in my SATA drives list I ve read around and understand that i might need a SATA driver disk to be able to install onto the SATA but not sure if this is applicable to me as i have already used SATA in the past for my storage drive I ve tried pressing F at the start of the installation to get to the SCSI or RAID section but i m not trying to run the disks in a RAID array so this seems pointless I tried quot Specifying Additional Device quot anyway just to see if there is anything in there and i get a prompt for a Manufacturer Support Floppy Disk alas Asus does not offer support for my mobo anymore and all I have is the original Motherboard CD which contains only the files shown in the pic below My housemate bought a disk recently that had to be initialized Could that be the problem nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

All right so here is the problem I've been trying to install additional SATA hard drive on my computer I've connected all the proper cables to mobo and power supply and at first it looked as if everything was fine the hard drive was recognized by BIOS and Win but then Windows failed to find the driver for it and it disappeared So what should I do The hard drive is SATA Issues on installing hard Win7 drive with WDC WD AAJS- PSA mobo is ASUS P E-VM DO BIOS is AM ver OS is Win Home Premium Important note if I disconnect and connect the SATA cables the process repeats as in Issues with installing SATA hard drive on Win7 Windows starts up for a few minutes while OS is looking for driver the hard drive is visible and listed in disk management I managed to format the drive just in case but when it fails to find the driver it immediately disappears and I can't access it again The weird thing is that my main drive is also WD and it works just fine no problems

A:Issues with installing SATA hard drive on Win7

Welcome to the forum normally no driver's are needed how did you format it in another PC and did you do it as gpt or MBR? It doesn't show in disk manager at all is it sata 2 or 3 and does the mb support it

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/130197-issues-installing-sata-hard-drive-win7.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm building a new computer for my wife who needs Windows XP as the OS because the program she uses for her work requires it. Will Windows XP SP 1 install on this: ASUS P5G43T-M Pro LGA 775 Intel G43 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Pentium E6300 Wolfdale 2.8GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor, Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KVR1066D3N7K2/4G, Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200KSRTL 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive, BFG Tech GS-550 550W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V V2.8 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply? Or do I need to do something else to get it to install?

Also, can I put the old hdd in there as a slave drive and copy program and document files from it over to the new hdd then delete everything off of it?

A:Installing Windows XP on new SATA HDD

That should read SP2 instead of SP1.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-windows-xp-on-new-sata-hdd-449248.html
Relevancy 55.47%

It's my first time building a computer, and I'm going to be getting a SATA HDD and windows XP.

I know that XP won't install on a SATA HDD without the right drivers. I'm getting a floppy drive so I can install them, but can anyone tell me what exactly I'm supposed to do?

Here is the driver page for my motherboard, but I'm not sure what I do, or which of the 3 SATA drivers I need.

If anyone could give some foolproof step-by-step instructions, I'd love it.

A:Installing windows XP on a sata HDD.

Are you making an install disc or are you using one from a company like Dell or HP?

if you have a disc already, just boot with the CD and run it, easy as pie. In fact, I think it would work no matter what as long as you have a CD with some form of XP, you don't need drivers until you are finished installing XP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-windows-xp-on-a-sata-hdd-371136.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I've heard there are some things you have to do when installing XP onto a SATA hard drive. Apparently XP won't recognise the drive so you need to install the drivers from a floppy disk. Is this true? My last SATA drive came with Windows pre-installed so i never did it before. I don't have a floppy drive so i'd have to buy one.

The HDD i'm buying is a Western Digital Caviar 250Gb. Anyone know if Windows will detect it?

~Zerrox

A:Installing Windows XP onto a SATA HD...

It is true, the only way to load the drivers during the install is by using a floppy, as retro as that seems to be.

I've installed several SATA systems by installing XP on an IDE drive, then cloning it over to the SATA drive. If you already have Windows running, as it appears in your post, just use something like Acronis True Image to clone it to the SATA drive after installing the SATA drivers on the IDE version.

Also, some SATA controllers, notably the Intel ones, appear as ATA drives and don't require any special drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-windows-xp-onto-a-sata-hd.460213/
Relevancy 55.47%

First off my alias is energizerrabbit and I recently bought a brand new computer specs below Case Windows a HD. XP SATA on Installing Raidmax bay Tower with Clear Window Power Watt Power Supply Processor AMD Athlon K with Hyper Transport CPUCooler Thermaltake Venus Motherboard Abit KV Pro VIA K KT Motherboard Memory GB PC DDR Dual Channel FloppyDrive Some old WORKING Floppy stHardDrive GB Serial ATA RPM MB Cache stOpticalDrive x DVD R RW amp CD-R RW Drive stOpticalDriveColor Color Black VideoCard Nvidia GeForce Installing Windows XP on a SATA HD. LE MB Ram SoundCard Onboard Sound NetworkCard Onboard Network Adaptor I am intending on installing Windows XP Pro on it I don t want a RAID setup either and I have gotten to the point of where the WINDOWSXP install askes you to press F and I do so and then load the drivers and have tried everyone on the list of the floppy that I got with the computer labled SATA Hard Drive Drivers having none of them work I am stuck in a hole Please help me ps all parts work nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi

I understand that when installing Windows on a SATA hard drive you need to install an additional driver, is this supplied by the manufacturer of the motherboard or the hard drive manufacturer?

Also with many computers now not having a floppy drive how do we install this driver when windows requests it. External floppy?

Ian

A:Installing Windows on SATA HD

Vista supports SATA drives.

Installing XP on a SATA drive
"Many newer BIOS allow an Alternate method for SATA . . Go into the BIOS and check the 'Sata Operation' setting, change it to 'Raid Autodetect/ATA' if it is not already. Now try to install XP (Verbiage will vary by manufacturer)" - Courtesy of simpswr.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-windows-on-sata-hd.763049/
Relevancy 55.47%

I've been trying to install Windows XP on my Western Digital SATA HD. I got the drivers that came with my motherboard, and made a floppy disk with the drivers, and put the windows cd in, and booted up. Everything goes fine i hit f6 load the drivers, and then i get to the partition part, and setup a partion and windows copies some files to the hd, then it reboots, only it doesn't continue with the install after the reboot, it just boots from the cd again and goes through the same process, and when i get the partitioning part, It makes me delete the one i created before and do it all over again... any help would be great!! I'm at a loss, I've installed windows before and even on a SATA drive before, not sure what i'm doing wrong now.

Thanks
Jason

A:Installing Windows XP on Sata HD

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

When windows reboots after partioning & copying files,
you need to go into the bios and reset the boot priority
from cdrom to hdd.
Alternative:
Pop the cd out let it boot to the hdd, then pop the cd back in.

G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-windows-xp-on-sata-hd.35104/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a bootable usb2 thumb drive with win7 and a dvd with the same win7 iso burned to it.
What would be the faster install method?
The dvd appears to hang at times whereas the usb took a long time to load the initial files from the bios.

Is there a clear winner in the installation speed of these two methods?

A:installing windows 7 from usb 2 or sata dvd: what's faster?

Depends on the USB stick. Either one is fast enough if you burned/wrote it correctly.

Failsafe fallbacks: ImgBurn at 4x speed, and UltraISO Software To Create Bootable USB Flash Drive

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/271344-installing-windows-7-usb-2-sata-dvd-whats-faster.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a computer with Windows XP home edition and want to erase all information and install Windows XP Professional.

I have Dell dimension 8400
2 sata hardrives at 150 gb each
3.4 ghz
nvidia 6800 256mb
1 gig ram

When I load the disk and continue with setup. I get an error harddrive not found .. make sure its connected etc. Can anyone please help me?

A:Installing Windows XP on Sata harddrive

Hi,

Here are a couple of things you might want to check/answer:

Has the boot order been set to:

CDRom - 1st
Floppy - 2nd
Hard Drive - 3rd (one you want to boot from)

Has the disk you want to put this on been partitioned and formatted?

Did you when starting setup tap F6 when it asks if special drivers are needed?

Did you load the floppy drivers when it stopped and said enter them now?

Are there any other hard disks on this computer other than Sata?

Have you considered using the manufacturer's utility to clean and prepare the drive for installation?

I don't know whether you are trying to do a clean format and install or just trying to change the OS and save the data on your disk, so you need to say something about that.

This information might help us more to see what the problem could be.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-windows-xp-on-sata-harddrive-83261.html
Relevancy 55.04%

So anyway I was planning on purchasing two of these HDD Seagate Barracuda SATA NCQ ST AS GB RPM M Cache Serial ATA Hard Drive - OEM Here are my system x64 on 2 Windows w/ SATA XP HDD Installing RAID specs AMD Athlon Ghz Socket Asus K V-X SE Mobo I won t include the rest of the specs as I believe they are irelevent to this So anyway I Installing Windows XP x64 on RAID w/ 2 SATA HDD wanted to configure these two drives for RAID but now here comes in ALL the questions I have I m new to RAID What type of RAID can I configure the two drives so they act as one single partition so both will look like one drive with GB of storage My friend says it increases the drive speed up to a rate of GB from MB if I use RAID will it make it that fast Can I configure RAID so that it puts the OS Windows XP x onto that single partition or can I configure for RAID while I already have Windows XP x installed onto one of the SATA drives Is this really easy to configure RAID ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED nbsp

A:Installing Windows XP x64 on RAID w/ 2 SATA HDD

Coolmatt said:

So anyway, I was planning on purchasing two of these HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA NCQ ST3120827AS 120GB 7200 RPM 8M Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

Here are my system specs...

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2.4Ghz (Socket 754)
Asus K8V-X SE Mobo
(I won't include the rest of the specs as I believe they are irelevent to this).

So anyway I wanted to configure these two drives for RAID but now here comes in ALL the questions I have (I'm new to RAID)...

1. What type of RAID can I configure the two drives so they act as one single partition (so both will look like one drive with 240GB of storage).

2. My friend says it increases the drive speed up to a rate of 1.5 GB from 150 MB if I use RAID, will it make it that fast?

3. Can I configure RAID so that it puts the OS Windows XP x64 onto that single partition? (or can I configure for RAID while I already have Windows XP x64 installed onto one of the SATA drives?)

4. Is this really easy to configure RAID???

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED! Click to expand...

Nvm, I asked that same friend and he gave me all the info >_<

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-windows-xp-x64-on-raid-w-2-sata-hdd.48337/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have two SATA HD s one being a gb Western Digital WD KD and the other being a gb Maxtor Diamondmax Plus Maxtor Y M Right now I have bit Windows XP Pro installed on the gb WD and the Maxtor is setup just for additional storage Now since I ve Problems Windows HD XP SATA on installing been having problems with things being compatible with Windows x I d like to install my bit Windows XP Pro on the Maxtor hd and then make seperate partitions on it to install both the bit amp bit Windows and boot from which ever I d like Now the problem I m having is when I try to install the bit Windows on the Maxtor HD I put in the Windows cd and boot from cdrom the Windows setup Problems installing Windows XP on SATA HD comes up amp I hit F now when it tells me to enter the floppy disk to install the drivers I get some error about txtsetup oem I can t remember what Problems installing Windows XP on SATA HD exactly it says since I haven t wrote it down btw my mobo is an Abit KN SLi nbsp

A:Problems installing Windows XP on SATA HD

Here is the message it gives me:

"File txtsetup.oem cause an unexpected error (512) at line 1747 in d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c"

I can still boot from my Western Digital hd that has my 64bit Windows on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-installing-windows-xp-on-sata-hd.49871/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

I just got a SATA drive and I've been trying to install Windows XP Pro on it. Currently I'm running windows off a 40 gig IDE drive. If I unplug the IDE drive and try to boot off the XP CD it will say "Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration" but wont ask me to "Push any key to boot off the CD". If the IDE drive is plugged in I boot off the XP disk and push F6 when prompted and load the drivers off a floppy disk. I choose to install windows onto the SATA drive when asked and get to the part where it says "Your computer will reboot in 15 seconds". The computer reboots and the screen just stays black. Ive tried setting the SATA drive to 1 on the boot priorities list with the same result.

Relevancy 55.04%

Problems Installing SATA Drivers to Windows XP

I cannot seem to get Windows to recognise the floppy that holds the drivers for my SATA drives. I hit the f6 option during the Win XP install, it prompts me to insert the floppy, yada, yada. I do so, the floppy appears to be accessed, but then it goes right back to the screen prompting me to insert the floppy that contains the drivers. This is a completely new system, new Abit KV8 Pro board, 2 new WD 80 gig drives, new everything. I got the RAID array set up in the bios no problem, I just cannot get the Win install to recognise the floppy that has the drivers on it. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and knowing me, it is something extremely simple and stupid.

A:Installing SATA Drivers to Windows XP

I had the same problem. This is what I did to fix the problem. I left the floppy in the A drive by mistake. When I booted, instead of hitting f6, I hit f5. Then the process continues, it will stop and ask what type of computer you have. I chose the i486 option. Then the boot process continued, and it read the A drive and installed the drivers for the SATA controller, and then everything installed just fine. Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-sata-drivers-to-windows-xp.23190/
Relevancy 55.04%

It is a samsung HD 753LJ sata hdd .I see the hdd in disk management . When I start installation it gets to a point where it asks for a disk with the the drivers ,obviously sata drivers.I have another sata wd drive which works ok on xp on this asrock board I can't ,as yet find sata drivers for this what can I do ?

A:installing windows 7 on a new hdd need sata drivers

Sata drivers are for the motherboard chipset, not the hard drive itself, if XP can see the other drive, then W7 should be able to see the other one for sure.

When I start installation it gets to a point where it asks for a disk with the the driversClick to expand...

I have not installed W7 on any hardware yet, so I am not familiar with this step, did you try to skip it?

Model of Asrock?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-windows-7-on-a-new-hdd-need-sata-drivers.870466/
Relevancy 54.61%

i have a HP g61 with a 500 gig SATA drive when i try to install windows XP on it i get a windows stop messsage

Stop: 0x0000007b (0xf78d663c, 0x00000034, 0x00000000,0x00000000)

when googled it says something about the sata drive settings needing to be changed in the bios

chang the setting for the sata operation from Raid auto/achi to raid auto ata

but in the bios of the hp g61 there is no option for that, i verified this will work for the error because i just restored a dell vostro with a sata drive and it did work, now i just need to get this hp to work

it has insydeH20 bios setup utility,

any idea?

A:Hp g61 sata drive Error upon installing windows XP

First check for all the Win XP drivers for your hardware.
You can check your HP/compaq PC here:
General XP Downgrade Guide for HP Laptops - HP Support Forum
NOTE: Please read this thread fully.

If your Win XP CD, does not support your Sata Controller, you will need to load drivers to uses at F6.
Load Sata Controller drivers with a floppy disk is the best way.
SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot
OR
SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD
Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP
Use EasyBCD 2.0 in Win 7.
Download EasyBCD 2.1 - NeoSmart Technologies

A bit more reading.
BCDEDIT - How to Use
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/12...ot-delete.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/192933-hp-g61-sata-drive-error-upon-installing-windows-xp.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I ve done this several times in the past by simply toggling the hard drive mode in the BIOS to quot IDE quot mode or some such option I know this isn t ideal but it got the job done and I wasn t worried about mild performance deficits On this computer there is no such option I m afraid I need to do the F thing and require drivers to do it I don t have a floppy drive for this laptop but have slipstreamed a disc with RAID drivers using Nlight before so as long as the process is the same there should be no problem The dell drivers page is here http support dell com support downloads index aspx c us amp cs amp l en amp s dhs The system is this Dell Latitude D I guess what I need is somebody to point me in the direction for the drivers Do all computers that require the use of SATA drives when installing XP need the same drivers or are the drivers proprietary to each machine Thanks for any help you can offer And as always if I got this wrong at any point please feel free to correct me and point me in the right direction nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I have computers currently and I wanted to install windows Vista Installing Vista SATA Drive on Windows on my Gaming Computer here Are the system specs Mother Board M Installing Windows Vista on SATA Drive N-SLI Raam G x G sticks G Skill Video Cards x GT MB Hard Drive G Seagate AMD Dual Core CPU Water Cooled I had the system up and running great Installing Windows Vista on SATA Drive Then I wanted to upgrade to windows vista So I went out and bought new hard drive Threw out my old GWD hard drive cause it had Installing Windows Vista on SATA Drive issues I was not saving everything So I started to install windows vista on G hard drive Went good for about an hour then I got to the desktop and it was slow and freezing Then speed came back and said windows indexing stopped So I went to search for a driver and installed it Rebooted and the same thing the indexing stoped and computer was running slow so I reformatted and I can't get the Bois Os to detect the Hard drive ever sense I re formmatted and I don't have drivers on discs or floppy drives there a way I can portable drive the drivers on to install it Cause I'm stuck on the install screen saying were do you want to install windows It says load drivers but nothing comes up then I tryed the portable drive cause I put the driver on it but same thing nothing I haven't touched anything inside the PC for the last year I had it And this is the first time that this happend to me Any help

A:Installing Windows Vista on SATA Drive

I forgot to add that I had the 500G hard drive working with the 80G before I threw it out. I reformatted it with the Windows Vista Installer and then restarted and thats when it stopped popping up in the bois and the Windows installer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installing-windows-vista-on-sata-drive-330725.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi was wondering if it is at all possiable too install Windows x64 on a SATA Drive without a floppy drive? Maybe copy drivers too a CD? Thx

A:Solved: Question about installing Windows x64 Pro on a SATA?

Turns out the problem was my bios lol had too play with the settings a little for windows too recognize my SATA drive I spent a whole day trying too figure it out when it was so simple.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-question-about-installing-windows-x64-pro-on-a-sata.456298/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello all,

My girlfriend's laptop that had a HD go bad on it. It has a SATA HD. I bought a new WD Scorpio Blue SATA Notebook HD. I installed it, and the BIOS and WD DLG Diagnostics sees it just fine, and says it is working. However, when I use the Gateway install disk that came with the computer to return Windows XP Tablet PC, it just tells me there is no HD. I'm guessing it has to do with SATA drivers, and it appears as though many people have had this issue. I just can't figure out a good solution. Anyone have any ideas? At this time I don't have a USB CD or DVD drive, nor do I have a USB Floppy drive. I have lots of USB Jump Drives if there is some driver that might work on that. It's a Gateway CX2610.

Thanks for any help!

A:Solved: Installing Windows on Gateway with SATA HD

Oh, shoot. Can someone move this to the Windows XP Forum?? I must have clicked on the wrong one on accident!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installing-windows-on-gateway-with-sata-hd.912688/
Relevancy 53.75%

this is an ASUS X83V notebook - Setting the SATA operation to 'compatible' mode at installation, Win8 CP installed fine, no hitches. Switched BIOS to Enhanced/full mode and it fails.

I recall this sort of problem from XP installs where tricks were needed to support SATA, but I do not recall this on Seven. Will Win 8 not detect the right controller, fetch the right driver? Do I need to manually force-install, reboot, reselect enhanced mode, and go from there?

thankx
c

A:Are SATA issues like Vista?? Can't operate in full SATA mode

Is this so-called "enhanced" mode switching the storage over to AHCI mode? If so, you have to edit the registry first before being able to do that.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/6357-sata-issues-like-vista-cant-operate-full-sata-mode.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Recently i had a virus of some kind messages poping on in on windows sata Problems drive raptor installing windows and some how Problems installing windows on sata raptor drive it also disabled task manager and changed my account from admin to limited use So i decided to reformat but its an sata drive I load the the drivers from a floppy when the windows xp cd is loading so it will see the drive but when it starts the actual windows install it tells me it cant copy those files I have tried different floppies deleted partation many times and created a new one still same problem I was thinking of deleting the MBR but how can i do that on a sata drive when i need the drivers from the floppy to make the drive show up Its a western digital g raptor drive i have installed windows on this drive many times without ever having this problem before any ideas could my mbr be jacked up and how do i get to it i tried the recovery console but since this is an sata drive the recovery console does not see this drive also tried using partation magic nothing has worked so far nbsp

A:Problems installing windows on sata raptor drive

Western Digital's LifeGuard utilities for that model could do the trick at for a complete
partitioning and formatting with the DRFAT32. Once this was done, XP would then see
the drive since any virus would be have been wiped right off. There is also a zero fill in
which writes nothing but zeros to the drive. That takes all day though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-installing-windows-on-sata-raptor-drive.422819/
Relevancy 53.75%

System:
SONY VGC-RB62G
Pentium D 945 2.8Ghz
x2 Seagate 120 GB
Not sure of the motherboard

Win Xp Pro SP3
I am not able to install Win XP Pro with a SATA hard drive.
I have tried slipstreaming drivers into teh Xp installation CD with these instructions: http://maxeasyguide.blogspot.com/2008/04/preparations-for-winxp-installation-cd.html
I have the problem of the CD being too big in size.
5GB on a 700MB CD
Not knowing what specific drivers for my motherboard?
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Processors&ProductLine=Desktop&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Pentium%C2%AE+D+Processor

Any suggestions for me?
Am I missing something?

A:Installing Windows XP cannot detect SATA hard drive

Does the computer have a floppy drive?

Also what version of XP?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458114/installing-windows-xp-cannot-detect-sata-hard-drive/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi everyone I just got an Asus Laptop S C it has a 500gb 24gb SSD) and Windows (Laptop SATA Re-installing with 8 gb SATA Hard Drive and an additional gb SSD as any other computer I have in the past I would like to re-install Windows since all the new Laptops or Desktops for sale came with a bunch of software installed usually not even is really good to keep Beside the hidden partitions with the Re-installing Windows 8 (Laptop with 500gb SATA and 24gb SSD) Factory Recover that for people who like make their own customized installation is a waste of space Disk Management in Windows shows me partitions on the SATA drive and for the SSD what will be your best advise to start from scratch the SSD is Re-installing Windows 8 (Laptop with 500gb SATA and 24gb SSD) too small to install Windows on it but I know Windows can use it I found a few answers about re-installing or migrating Windows to a SSD but nothing using both drives thanks in advance for your help Here is two screenshots one from the Windows Disk Management showing used space on all the extra partitions and one with EaseUS Partition Master showing used space in the other partitions Windows Disk Management EaseUS Partition Master

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530245/re-installing-windows-8-laptop-with-500gb-sata-and-24gb-ssd/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a windows 7 pro 64-bit and need to install XP to dual boot. I have a new Dell optiplex 7010 SFF and cannot find the right drivers to detect my SATA hard drive. The drivers from dell do not have the right inf file to load into easyBCD. So the install ends with no mass storage devices available.

Thank You

A:Cannot find correct sata drivers for installing windows xp

jsnight: have you tried this:SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot

sevenforums have great tutorials.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/293370-cannot-find-correct-sata-drivers-installing-windows-xp.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am trying to install a Lite-On DVD Writer model LH- A L C My mobo is a K V SE Deluxe Also installed is an IDE HDD and an IDE DVD-ROM drive The new DVD writer is to replace an IDE DVD writer The old IDE writer would cause the system to reboot any time I inserted a disc and tried to access the data saved on it It was approx years hold and has worked fine since I built DVD won't Windows LiteOn boot after installing Writer Sata the PC so I figured the drive had gone bad and bought the new SATA drive to replace it However I can t even get Windows to boot with the new drive When I plug the SATA cable into the mobo s SATA slot I tried SATA but it made no difference and then power up I can get as far as the Windows booting screen then the system restarts I called Lite-On tech support and they told me go into BIOS Windows won't boot after installing LiteOn Sata DVD Writer and turn on the SATA controller I couldn t find any such option in the VIA bios and the SATA RAID bios doesn t let me do anything because there are no SATA HDD Windows won't boot after installing LiteOn Sata DVD Writer s installed So any help would be greatly appreciated Hoops nbsp

A:Windows won't boot after installing LiteOn Sata DVD Writer

I would make sure that the jumpers on the harddrive are set to master an the dvd rom are set to slave, the sata dvd should just fall in line.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-boot-after-installing-liteon-sata-dvd-writer.743659/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello

My little brother is in trouble because his main HDD broke and now he wants to install windows XP on a Samsung hd322hj Sata drive but an error comes up .
The motherboard is Gigabyte ga-7n400s he has NO floppy .
He told me he tried everything .
He made a windows XP cd with sata drivers on it he made an USB memory stick with that windows XP
but the error still comes up to tell him that the windows is not compatible with that hard drive
What should he do ?
Please help ( he is in another country and we communicate by phone so i can't help him as if i was there )

Relevancy 53.32%

i have a mobo that only has sata II ports unfortnately SATA hard continuing 7 on errors to new get Windows drive. installing they are blocked due to my gtx gpu so i have a pci card that provides an extra sata port so i used that port to connect my sata hard drive so i boot W and it recognises the new hard drive so it installs etc and when it reboots it says there is an error due to a hardware change Windows 7 continuing to get errors installing on new SATA hard drive. it says to repair the files etc so this is what i did times but that same error keeps coming up i even tried to freshly install W again but the same thing happens so how can i fix this before you guys respond let me tell you what i did to try to overcome this i removed the gpu and connected my sata hd on the actual sata port on the mobo i then installed W and it was successful no problem but then how can i put back my gpu thats gonna block it i have to take it off so i have no choice but to use the pci card so when i switch it back W doesnt load it says error etc but then maybe the pci card is faulty but it isnt because then i used my ata hd to install W and when i click on my computer it recognises the new sata hd from the pci card so now we know that the new sata hd and the pci card is not faulty as even the BIOS recognises the hd too so what is the problem how can i fix this why is that i can install W successfully when the sata hd is in the original sata port but have problems when the hd is the sata port of a pci card thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 continuing to get errors installing on new SATA hard drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-continuing-to-get-errors-installing-on-new-sata-hard-drive.892281/
Relevancy 53.32%

hi there ppl i have recently purchased an advent laptop intel core duo T ghz wide screen tft gb sata hardrive gb memory i do not have a floppy drive this laptop has windows vista home on it what i want to do is put winodws xp on it basically when i install windows xp from boot it does not recognise any harddrive so i can a floppy with using drive out sata windows 120bg on xp installing a harddrive? not install nothing at the moment there windows xp installing with out using a floppy drive on a 120bg sata harddrive? is no problem installing winodws vista back on as i have done it i am assuming it requires the sata drivers for the harddrive do i also need the motherboard chipset drivers is there an easier way of installing windows xp with the sata and chipset drivers maybe purchase the latest window xp cd otherwise i would have to do a slipstream windows xp cd i would have to know step by step how to do that as im not that g with that side of computers nbsp

A:windows xp installing with out using a floppy drive on a 120bg sata harddrive?

Welcome to TSG....

Here is an article about installing SATA with out a floppy drive:

http://weblogs.asp.net/jkey/archive/2005/08/28/423901.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-installing-with-out-using-a-floppy-drive-on-a-120bg-sata-harddrive.618186/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I've started experiencing extremely slow XP Boot times after installing a nd SATA Drive GB- Seagate My original Config was as follows Mobo ASUS A N-E nForce Chipset Bios Rev Proc Athlon MHz RAM Kingston Value RAM MB Gfx Card XFX GT No Boot 2nd HDD after Slow Extremely Windows XP installing times SATA Overclock Optical Drive Sony DRU B SMPS Cooler Master W HDD Seagate GB IDE -ST A Configured as Slave Western Extremely Slow Windows XP Boot times after installing 2nd SATA HDD Digital GB SATA-II -WDC KS OS Windows XP SP- File System NTFS Mobo Driver Forceware Gfx Driver Forceware The GB drive was configured as the System Extremely Slow Windows XP Boot times after installing 2nd SATA HDD Drive amp a GB Partition on the GB drive was configured as Boot Drive Win XP Extremely Slow Windows XP Boot times after installing 2nd SATA HDD SP The load times were typically about seconds Win XP Boot Screen Only Then I purchased amp Installed a Seagate GB SATA II Drive - ST SV Since then the Boot times have increased to around min secs WinXP Boot Screen Only After booting All applications work at normal speed without slowdowns Since then I have tried the following options Formatted both the Old drives Disconnected them both amp installed fresh Win XP on the GB drive GB Partition Result As long as the other SATA drive GB is not connected the boot times are down to Seconds On attaching the other SATA drive Boot times again increase to around min secs Formatted the GB drive amp installed XP SP on a GB partition on the GB drive amp GB HDD as system drive Result No Improvement However same as before the moment I disconnect the GB STA drive boot times back to normal Note The above boot times are on a clean reinstall of Win XP after formatting Please suggest a solution Thanks in Advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/extremely-slow-windows-xp-boot-times-after-installing-2nd-sata-hdd-195982.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Guys I am having major difficulties installing Vista on my system To start off it ran Windows XP just fine for years no problems at all decided to upgrade to bit vista so I formatted and put Windows Vista dvd in and of course its nto seeing my hard drive which is fine cuz it did this for XP but this of course didint work with vista I have tried to load every single promise and or nforce driver out there eveyrhting Problems 64(Promise 378 installing SATA problem) Vista Windows from the AMD sites promise com nvidia com every driver that I could find posted in the forums for someone with a similar situation I have searched through all the forums and tried just about every solution to no avail I even tried just raiding my single hard drive and loading fasttrak drivers not really knowledgeable in the SATA RAID or whatever area though so I might be doing something wrong here I have a pretty good feeling it has to do with the controller and the SATA RAID Problems installing Windows Vista 64(Promise SATA 378 problem) setup sometimes it will recognise the partition and it will start to load but then I get this error after about minutes quot Windows cannot install required files the file may be corrupt or missing make sure all files required for install are avaialable Problems installing Windows Vista 64(Promise SATA 378 problem) and restart Error Code x quot My system specs are as follows Amd Athlon fx- ghz Asus Nforce pro motherboard gb Corsair High performance ram Radeon X pro XT Just ONE WD Raptor SATA gb hard drive Promise SATA COntroller Onboard sound A network card will expand on other stuff if need be but I dont see that as a perogative right now Any help would be greatly appreciated I have spent upwards of almost two days trying every possible thing to figure this out THis is my last ditch effort otherwise I have wasted a great deal of money and time Please help PS http www planetamd com index php opic amp st This topic talks about setting the single hard drive as a raid of drive which I did and I think I downloaded the correct driver and I still got the same results grrrrr soooo frustrating guys haha THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE

A:Problems installing Windows Vista 64(Promise SATA 378 problem)

hmmm Im guessing the motherboard/controller is just not compatible with Vista 64? Am I right????? If this is the Case, as much as it hurts to find out...... can someone give me some good suggestions for a motherboard that would work with Vista 64 bit(emphasis on 64 bit). Keep in mind that it also has to be able to support the other componets in my system which are posted above. thanks guys.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-installing-windows-vista-64-promise-sata-378-problem-157025.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone - I have been trying to install XP on my main office computer for about a week now and have about lost it It s okay though I m trying to relax - hopefully someone here can help me I have Install issues Windows SATA XP RAID a Shuttle small form factor PC with two SATA drives in it controller by a si controller Normally you Windows XP SATA RAID Install issues do the whole quot press F during install quot and stick the drivers on a floppy disk ha floppy disk and viola Lacking a floppy disk drive I first tried making several custom install CDs using the massstorage driverpack from driverpacks net These had various levels of success - I have a stack of about install CDs that have either bluescreened or had some other corruption I do get to the end of the text install usually with these - as in the drivers work for the the first part of the install and I am able to format the drives start the install etc I bought a floppy drive at some point during this whole process and tried the usual method This again works - as in XP install sees the drives can format them etc Right before it is about to copy the files over at the end of the text install I get a message asking for the drivers again There is nothing I can do at that point - it can t find the disk or anything so I m SOL Has XP forgotten that I already gave it the drivers furthermore that the drivers appeared to work the first time around Anyway - between trying making my own XP installs and trying the regular way that is SUPPOSED to work I have no more ideas By the way I have verified that the cd-rom drive is in working order - the hard drives are healthy etc nbsp

A:Windows XP SATA RAID Install issues

Try using nLIte to 'slipstream' the drivers onto an install CD, just select 'Drivers' on the 'Task Selection' window, click 'Next' then click on 'Insert' and navigate to the Sata drivers .INF file.
nLite will even burn the disk for you !

I would get some CD-RW disks for this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-sata-raid-install-issues.682567/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,
I recently bought Lenovo Y410 notebook and it came with windows vista home premium. As i want to install WinXP in my notebook, i tried with the WinXP CD available with me. But it didnt work, so i tried slipstreaming using nlite when i came to know that intel ich8m sata 3 port SATA Storage controller 2828 is the name of my SATA controller. But even then i am not able to install winXP. After copying all the installation files, the installation process doesnt move forward after rebooting. I am not getting the blue screen, but booting is not happening even after all the installation files are copied.

In short, i just want to install winXP on my laptop.
Inorder to try the AHCI disabling option, i checked in the advanced tab of bios, but such an option was not at all available there.
Pls help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-xp-on-intel-intel-ich8m-sata-3-port-sata-storage-controller-2828-a-204371.html
Relevancy 49.45%

So I just built my new computer. All is well until I try to install Windows. When I get the blue screen which installs all of the necessary drivers and whatnot to start the Windows installation it just hangs at the "Setup is starting Windows" message on the bottom of the screen. This is just before where you choose where to install Windows, create partitions and all of that fun stuff.

Any help getting Windows to install would be great, so far I'm stumped.

Relevancy 49.45%

I recently purchased a Linksys router which requires Windows Service Pack 3 for installation. I installed the update on Windows Update and it shows it as sucessful, however I have restarted my computer several times and is still running on SP2 when I check "My Computer - Properties", and the router set-up CD is still saying I need to upgrade to SP3. Why is it not working? I have searchd everywhere on the computer to see if maybe the files need to be Run, but I cannot find them. I am totally at a loss to figure out how to complete the update and continue installing my router. Please help!
Thank you,
llpearson

A:Issues installing Windows SP3

Download the full SP3 install file from here:
Download: Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals and Developers - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

Before you start the install, temporarily disable your anti-virus.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/issues-installing-windows-sp3-636487.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok to issues Windows Re fix Need installing 7 help. so my computer is having a lot Need help. Re installing Windows 7 to fix issues of issues lately I believe it is because of Need help. Re installing Windows 7 to fix issues some Need help. Re installing Windows 7 to fix issues registry issues that cleaners have caused I cant install many driver gpu drivers some games etc I built this computer its very fast i use it for gaming and school work Now heres what i want to do I have hard drives One is a western digital gb blue drive i bought when i first built the computer I filled up the driver messed everything up some how and bought a western digital tb and reinstalled windows on that What i would like to do is completely start over I want to wipe both drives and install windows on my gb drive and make that strictly for windows And then i want to run all my programs games and other things on my tb drive Is this possible I have my install disk Just want to do things right this time One more thing last time i reinstall was many because my old mother board died and i replaced it and when i did windows wasnt genuine so i called windows hoping they would give me a new product key i have the old one but it didnt work and i couldnt understand the two people i called and talked to any way i can get it registered without buying a new copy just for the cd key

A:Need help. Re installing Windows 7 to fix issues

Wait, slowly now . First of all you need to type properly if you want people to help you... Fix up your grammar. Now, from what I understand, you want to format your computer clean and install Windows 7 on the 320GB HDD right? Are both your HDD's internal? And did you buy Windows 7 from retail?

Slasher

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/189618-need-help-re-installing-windows-7-fix-issues.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a built computer with one hard drive that seems pretty much done for with an extra internal hard drive that s never been touched Instead of trying to repair the other one I m now trying to install Windows on the other internal hard drive It s fine until it asks me to select a driver Then I run into this error message quot No signed device drivers were found Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click OK quot I looked it up and some other forum responses were to hook the HDD Windows 7... Issues installing up to another computer that already has Windows installed then format it from there The problem is that my laptop which already has Windows isn t recognizing the disk at all either I left the internal hard drive in the desktop with the power Issues installing Windows 7... supply hooked up and the desktop turned on and used a SATA eSATA cable to hook it up to the Issues installing Windows 7... laptop I m at my wit s end My tech support who built Issues installing Windows 7... the computer in the first place is my ex-boyfriend He prefers to just take the computer for an unknown amount of time but I d really like to try and avoid that Can you please help Thank you P S - I obviously cannot download and run the recommended program above as I have no operating system gt lt nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I can't right click in the start menu. and My outlook express will not look for email when i hit the send and recieve button.
please help.

Thanks.

Relevancy 48.59%

Okay here is the issue If any more info is needed to help me out please let me know and I will try to get it for you My Father gets Software for free from his job So he brought iTunes windows issues- 7 installing Windows over and I installed it for him on his laptop since he hated Windows Vista and then I installed it onto my desktop Both computers are running Windows ultimate bit I then iTunes installing issues- windows 7 installed the newest version of itunes on his laptop a few months ago so he could sync music to his phone Then I went to install itunes onto my desktop since I recently bought a ipod touch During installation I get iTunes installing issues- windows 7 this error towards the end I tried getting help from other sites but no one had a clue There was no virus software running in the background or any other software running during install so nothing to interfere with during install So I gave up and ended up installing a older version iTunes installing issues- windows 7 of itunes today I thought I'd give it another shot to update the version of itunes I had with the newest available version I uninstalled the old version and downloaded attempted to install the newest version straight from apples website I then get this same error again When I hit the quot OK quot button the window closes then the status green bars says quot rolling back processes quot and then attempts to install the software again And nothing I went back to try and install an older version of itunes and now when its fully done installing itunes does not want to quot pick up or recognize that I have an ipod plugged in quot Right now my ipod is completely useless cause I cant even get itunes on my computer I'm currently trying to install itunes Version bit

A:iTunes installing issues- windows 7

Welcome to windows 7 support forums,

The issue you are describing is an incomplete install of Itunes using the Windows 7 OS.
Resolution of this issue is as follows:Remove all Apple/quicktime apps/programs and services including apple mobile device
reboot your system, download/install the latest version of Itunes.
Adrian

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/86489-itunes-installing-issues-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I wanted to do a reinstall of Windows 7 and so far it's done nothing for me except cause stress and frustration. First it tells me it cannot install to disc because it's GPT, whatever that means... So I'm told to do Shift+F10 and enter these commands:

diskpart
select disk 0
clean
convert GPT

This appeared to work but then I got a different message. It reads "Windows cannot be installed to the disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

Not sure what to do from here... It managed to install Ubuntu so the HDD itself is fine. It's just Windows 7.
I'm on an Acer Aspire V531 BTW.

Please help this is my only computer....

A:Various issues with installing Windows 7 installation.

It also appears that the Next button enables now, even though I still get the message. When clicking next it copies the files and then gets stuck on expanding at 0%.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/382173-various-issues-installing-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I got a virus on my computer called PromptDownloader I didn't know how to remove it so I brought it to a guy who said he would re-install Windows and clean out my computer with compressed air He did this and removed of after issues re-installing 7 Windows Experiencing :/ my fans because he said they were Experiencing issues after re-installing Windows 7 :/ not working anymore I picked up the computer and have been using it for a couple Experiencing issues after re-installing Windows 7 :/ days I no longer have a smooth user experience with this computer It is very slow and glitchy the opposite of what I expected Experiencing issues after re-installing Windows 7 :/ with a fresh install Google Chrome crashes a lot If I leave a Youtube video on the screen even with it paused my browser is almost guaranteed to crash Playing a very non-cpu intensive game Runescape is even problematic And my IP address isn't even the same anymore It looks like I'm on a proxy somehow I'm hoping someone here could provide some insight as to why I'm experiencing these issues Is it possible this guy used some bootlegged re-install disk I'm hoping its that so I can just buy the re-install disk off Amazon and fix these issues Any input is greatly appreciated Your IPv Address Is b ef ed b d Stars to hide full IP

A:Experiencing issues after re-installing Windows 7 :/

Hi Giraffeman, and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

What is the make and model of this computer?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox to your desktop.

Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator.

You will see an image like the one below.

Click on the following checkboxes only:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, then copy it and paste it in your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607473/experiencing-issues-after-re-installing-windows-7/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello

Recently I have built a new pc a lot of the updates seemed to install in the first attempt. But out of the last 17 updates that I have left they will not install and i get the error codes.

Code 800B0100

Code 80092004

Code 80070570

Something to mention I had the KB3020369 AND KB3045645 amongst the updates im having issues with and those two installed with out any problems (I am no sure if this is relevant but something I did notice)

A:Windows update installing issues

Windows Update Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/368831-windows-update-installing-issues.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have crippled a brand new unused Lenovo G580 Laptop trying to install windows 8.

Attempted to install from a USB drive after the install from desktop option failed due to "cannot initialize start menu" error.

Having loaded the USB on the "Where do you want to install windows 8?" menu my HD was listed in 4 partitions: 1= system Drivers (system), 2 = Windows 7 (Primary), 3 = Lenovo (Primary) 4 = Lenovo_Part (reserved)

Installation was not possible on any drive to due error message : "The selected disk has an MBD Partition table. On EFI systems Windows can only be installed to GTP disks"

I then stupidly clicked on format and formatted partition 2 which contained the Windows 7 OS thinking that would let me install 8. However even after that the same error message prevents installation and now i've lost my windows 7 files meaning the laptop no longer runs.

Can anyone give me some sage advice or point to where I might get some?

A:Major Issues Installing Windows 8

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?
Lenovo Support - Home (US)
How to use Lenovo Recovery
Lenovo Support - Home (US)

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/12094-major-issues-installing-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

i bought my lenovo g50 series about a week ago and initially it had windows 10. Hell broke loose when i down graded to windows 7 and i don't know what to do. firstly the usb ports are not reading any usb drives, 2ndly the ear/head phone jack is not working and its really pissing me off. so can you please help me.......

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue and moved post to its own thread.

A:Lenovo g50-70 issues after installing Windows 7

Hi mikemjscott , 

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Did you manage to install the drivers from the support site.
Would you have the machine number from the sticker or check it from the parts lookup page.
Just keep your serial number confidential.

Update us as soon as convenient.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-g50-70-issues-after-installing-Windows-7/td-p/3471431
Relevancy 48.59%

I damaged the original drive on my Toshiba Satellite So I bought a new Toshiba HHD for it Originally when I first mounted the drive I got an Issues 7Pro Windows Installing error saying the drive was not formatted NTFS so it would not install the OS So I put the drive in my other laptop and formatted it yes - NTFS Now I put the freshly formatted drive into the laptop I want it to run on I install the windows and all goes good until I am personalizing the computer section when I noticed it didn t ask me about setting up the network or any other thing except for the time amp zone Once it rebooted I had the OS running but can t Installing Windows 7Pro Issues connect to the router Long story - short I wiped the drive - reformatted - reinstalled windows Same Issue For some reason it will not load a bunch of Installing Windows 7Pro Issues the hardware drivers so it doesn t recognize things like the NIC Anyone have any ideas Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-windows-7pro-issues.1156403/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a TE2100 and then I set up new OS windows xp professional after finished I open window but display not full missing right side about 1 inc(top left butom OK full) I looking on device have yellow question mark "?" at other device "PCI Device".
How I can do it please tell me. VGA card original about Nvidia Geforce 4 220 (I cant remember)

I have problem to same some body in forum is member name Stockcar44 you can look it on my link:

http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=31914&tstart=0

I am sorry about English not good because I am Thailand people

Thank you for every body

A:Several issues after installing Windows XP on TE2100

Man, sorry but thats not acceptable that you ask a question, post an link which contains the answer for your problem and ask what to do.

I can only tell you what is written in the link you?ve posted: Check the BIOS if "Fullscreen" is enabled and update your Videodrivers.

That will solve your problem.

Cheers

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?33096-Several-issues-after-installing-Windows-XP-on-TE2100
Relevancy 48.59%

I have Dell Inspiron z Recently this ultrabook crashed and I had to fresh install windows When I tried to install Win then it didn t load any of the Hard disk Someone suggested me to change the SATA mode to AHCI Previously it was set to nbsp Intel Smart Response Technology Mode I installed win with AHCI mode enabled but I also had to delete the whole GB Hardisk unfortunately The installation how ever was successful but the performance I think has been degraded It used to boot so fast previously but Now it takes much Mode. Technology mode Windows Response 7 to Installing SATA with Intel set Smart time to boot and also battery performance has been reduced Now I again want to Re-install windows with Intel Smart Response Installing Windows 7 with SATA mode set to Intel Smart Response Technology Mode. Technology Mode set in BIOS Please Installing Windows 7 with SATA mode set to Intel Smart Response Technology Mode. help me with the detailed and step wise instruction for installing windows Coz as I change the SATA mode to nbsp Intel Smart Response Technology Mode then it does nt show the hard disks I would me much grateful If i receive the solution from the Official Dell Support Team nbsp

A:Installing Windows 7 with SATA mode set to Intel Smart Response Technology Mode.

Hi TusharKhatiwada,
You should be able to install Windows 7 with Intel Smart Response Technology mode. You may follow the steps below:

Please ensure SATA mode is set to Intel Smart Response Technology in BIOS
Go to RAID BIOS and disable accelerate option for SSD (Use Ctrl+I at ‘Dell’ logo)
Initiate OSRI
Install all the drivers including Intel Rapid Storage Software.

Now to ‘Accelerate’ the HDD using ISRT, you may follow the steps below:

Run the Intel RST software through the All Programs menu or the task bar icon.
Click ‘Enable acceleration’ under either the ‘Status’ or ‘Accelerate’ menu.
Select the SSD to be used as a cache device.
Select the size from the SSD to be allocated for the cache memory.
Select the drive (or RAID volume) to be accelerated. It is highly recommended to accelerate the system volume or system disk for maximum performance.
Select the acceleration mode. By default, Enhanced mode is selected.

Note: Enhanced mode: Acceleration is optimized for data protection.Maximized mode: Acceleration is optimized for input/output performance.

Click OK. The page refreshes and reports the new acceleration configuration in the Acceleration View. Your system is now successfully configured with the Intel Smart Response Technology.

Once this is done the SDD drive will not be visible in windows.
Hope this helps. Keep me posted with the findings.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19506387
Relevancy 48.16%

I've just purchased a laptop (without a cd-drive) and wanted to install Office.

As a student I have free access to Office 2007 (Microsoft Office Suite 2007 Service Pack 1 32-bit (English) - MSDNAA).

I'm currently using Office Starter 2010.

Now when I download the iso file, using winRAR I am able to extract the files but when I try to install I get the following:

This is then followed by the message: "There are no products affected by this package installed on this system".

I've looked online for a starter version of Office 07 (or something like that) to no avail. I've also attempted to "burn" the iso to a usb stick and install it that way but again with no success.

I'd be grateful for some help as I have no idea of where to go from here.

A:Issues installing Office 2007 (Windows 7)

Welcome to the forum,

What you are trying to install is just the service pack, that's why you are getting that message.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/203528-issues-installing-office-2007-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I'll try to be succinct as possible System Information 200 Installing R7 Dell 7 580 Issues Radeon SP1 AMD Windows in http s postimg org mooss pg System Information Indepth jpg http s postimg org c n rkmr Page Graphics Information jpg I was having some issues with my Dell i tower Issues Installing AMD Radeon R7 200 in Dell 580 Windows 7 SP1 http www sevenforums com pc-custom-builds-overclocking -help-advice-sought-overhauling-noisy-dell-inspiron- -mt html amp thanks to the advice I stuck my finger in the fan of the graphics card and lo and behold the noise ceased So I enquired http www sevenforums com graphic-cards -gpu-advice-replacing-ati-radeon-hd- -dell- c kjt-mainboard html amp posted here and elsewhere received advice Issues Installing AMD Radeon R7 200 in Dell 580 Windows 7 SP1 and consequently I bought PSU http www bequiet com en powersupply http www ebuyer com -be-quiet-straight-power- w-fully-wired- -gold-power-supply-bn amp GPU http www ebuyer com -sapphire-r - - gb-ddr -vga-dvi-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-card- - - g So having successfully fitted the PSU amp GPU I couldn't believe my luck things were going so well what transpired is on powering up for the first time everything was big and bland as I guessed might be expected So I ran the installation disc The install performs and completes with errors yet when I again rebooted I got what I had before everything sized and adjusted correctly through a AV receiver in windows Nero on my inch LED TV - correct desktop etc Notification on install Application Install install package failure The errors made me concerned things weren t as they should be so I opened the Catalyst Control Centre and all that is available provided is basic information within two tabs Graphic Software and Graphics Hardware There aren t any options to configure resolution or what have you Then I discovered the installation disc had replaced my IE with IE which annoyed me no end The damnedest thing is IE will not allow me to import my favourites it states Invalid File Path Utterly useless and infuriately having tried all manner of workarounds As yet I haven t uninstalled IE and re-installed IE because I am unsure whether this might be detrimental to the graphics configuration at present Na ve maybe but why would running the installation disc change the IE on my system So I went to the AMD website downloaded and installed what I presumed would be the complete and up-to-date driver software suite and again I received errors No appreciable changes but for a rather useless piece of software called AMD Gaming Evolved which doesn t seem to have any function what-so-ever Haven t uninstalled yet but want to Again - Notification on install Application Install install package failure Thereafter I did a Windows Update windows SP which normally I would never do having found on each past occasion having done so causes more problems than any appreciable benefit After I re-ran the installation disc and here linked below is the final error report http s postimg org gkulf e n AMD Catalyst log Installation Failure jpg http s postimg org qmhhmt cf AMD Catalyst log Installation Failure jpg The tower case is a little small so after installing the PSU with its thick cables the space has become restricted and through Speccy I am seeing some fluctuations in temperature from the Low s to the low s for the CPU Please see as above http www sevenforums com pc-custom-builds-overclocking -help-advice-sought-overhauling-noisy-dell-inspiron- -mt html Should I be concerned and if so what do you recommend I should do Another thing is Speccy isn t showing any temperature reading for the AMD Radeon R is this normal a good thing or not I would be extremely grateful for any advice and guidance to resolve the issues above to thereby know everything is as it should be and profit from the complete capabilities and facets of the installed graphics card Many thanks in advance

A:Issues Installing AMD Radeon R7 200 in Dell 580 Windows 7 SP1

I forgot to link the AMD Driver/Software Suite online I installed:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...Windows+7+-+64

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/345920-issues-installing-amd-radeon-r7-200-dell-580-windows-7-sp1.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Installing after [SOLVED] Issues two 7 new Windows computers. on I'm having a load of trouble and I need some help Let me explain the problem Alright I have two computers An Alienware Mx Laptop and an HP Pavilion Desktop I decided I wanted to wipe them clean and start new So I got my USB that I received from Dell that has Windows loaded on it Popped it in the desktop and Installed a new Windows on it I went into quot Computer quot and deleted quot Windows old quot which contains all files present before the installation Then I did [SOLVED] Issues after Installing new Windows 7 on two computers. the same exact thing to my Alienware Laptop except instead of using the USB I use the recovery disc that came with the computer Then I [SOLVED] Issues after Installing new Windows 7 on two computers. deleted quot Windows old quot on that one too Everything was fine besides that my Desktop now thinks its an Alienware computer The USB was Windows Alienware or something I dont know if thats important The problems i did realise were that neither computer could connect to the internet The desktop could with an ethernet cord but the laptop couldnt at all wireless or not I also noticed that on both machines there was absolutely NOTHING in Programs in the Control Panel If I were to uninstall a program theres nothing there Usually I connect my Laptop to a larger display using an hdmi cord now it wont work My Alienware no longer has AlienFusion AlienRespawn and all the other Alienware programs that I believe are quite important What can i do Update I just realized there are many items in quot Device Manager quot that have a yellow warning sign Under Sound video and game controllers it shows duplicates of quot High Definition Audio Device quot and one of them has a yellow warning sign under its properties it says quot The device cannot start Code quot Under Display Adapters it shows duplicates of quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot and It is also saying quot The device cannot start Code quot And lastly under Other Devices everything a few duplicates is having the yellow sign and it says quot The drivers for this device are not installed Code To find a driver for this device click update driver quot There are two quot unknown devices quot that say this as well Thanks for taking the time to read I greatly appreciate your help

A:[SOLVED] Issues after Installing new Windows 7 on two computers.

You cannot use an usb that had windows 7 loaded on it to install on the hp. it will be preactivated and have the dell logo, it will be an oem addition of windows and it won’t match your hardware on your hp, your wireless will not work until you download all your correct drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-issues-after-installing-new-windows-7-on-two-computers-662791.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I purchased a new hard drive recently to replace an older one that seemed to have stopped working I had lost access to the windows disc that originally came with my computer due to a move I was not able to participate in packing my own things due to being in the hospital so I purchased hard on 10 Windows new Issues installing drive a usb flash drive Issues installing Windows 10 on new hard drive to create a bootable usb to install windows on the hard drive I have gone through the process several times and each time the computer restarts Issues installing Windows 10 on new hard drive I am taken back to the initial installation screen and am forced to go through the process again This is the first time I've actually replaced Issues installing Windows 10 on new hard drive a hard drive so I'm not sure how to proceed or fix the problem I've redone the process of putting the windows installer on the usb several times using both the windows media creation tool and rufus using a windows iso I've double checked to make sure nothing within the computer case was disconnected or loose I'm not sure how to proceed at this point

A:Issues installing Windows 10 on new hard drive

Just as the computer reboots the first time during install, pull the flash drive out.

The problem is that your bios is set to boot from USB flash drive permanently as the first device. Bios needs to be set to boot from the hard drive first as priority - and then you manually tell it to boot from the flash drive when you want it to. The workaround to changing your bios settings is to pull the flash drive out just as the computer reboots the first time when installing Windows 10.

If you happen to miss it - when the computer reboots into the first install screen again, just remove the flash drive and restart the computer.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/43194-issues-installing-windows-10-new-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a problem im using sp1 at the moment and for some reason when im using the internet viewing my documents when i scroll down on pages it goes in slow motion. When i try and move pages around with the mouse everything is slow and its incredibly irritating. Now is this to do with the fact that i havent got sp2 everything else seems to run smoothly playing games downloading things ect. I tryed downloading sp2 but my computer wouldnt start up properly i have had so many problems with this pc you wouldnt believe ps it has nothing to do with malware or spyware i have Adaware Norton ect. Im currently having to use a house fan to keep it from overheating

A:Issues When Re installing Windows XP Home Edition

welcome

Quote:

Im currently having to use a house fan to keep it from overheating

we need your specs, take the side off, if it isnt already off for the fan.
what does the power supply say? is the case clean?

you might need a re-apply of artic five on your cpu.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_s...structions.htm

post back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/issues-when-re-installing-windows-xp-home-edition-104210.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I am trying to get my laptop ready to Issues Service 1 Windows Installing Pack 7 install Windows I'm currently running Windows I understand I need to at least install Service Pack before I can install Windows Every time I try and download Windows Service Pack I get the following error code I ran the System Update Readiness Tool but it doesn't correct the problem Below is my CheckSUR log How can I correct these issues so I can download the Service Pack and reserve Windows Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Issues Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Payload File Missing x CPFilters dll x microsoft-windows-cpfilters bf ad e none f e fe f CSI Payload File Missing x CPFilters dll x microsoft-windows-cpfilters bf ad e none b Issues Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1 cb c e e f CSI Payload File Missing x CPFilters dll amd microsoft-windows-cpfilters bf ad e none c b df c Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Payload File Missing Total count

A:Issues Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

Please also post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378628-issues-installing-windows-7-service-pack-1-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello...I will start from the begining .

I bought the Acer V5 and tried booting it up...it came with boot-up Linux which means nothing to me so I made a Windows 8 bootable USB and the problems started. First I could'n find the USB and after enabling the Legacy mode it finally found it and booted from it. Turned out the partitions are GPT and as I made the USB MBR it couldn't install so I canceled which I guess was my mistake but there was no other option. After that I created the bootable USB with GPT partition scheme and tried again. Unfortunately this time I got something called GNU GRUB....wth? I googled around and found the commands required for booting - root (hd1,0), then chainloader +1 and finally boot. Then I get the famous The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors with Status: 0xc000000e. Of course tried that couple of more times but still to no avail. I cannot recover or repair as Windows was never really installed, so I don't know what to do....Hopefully someone here would be able to help. Thanks in advance guys.

Petar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-v5-booting-windows-installing-issues.205294/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi!
I bought a Compaq Laptop in 2005 in India. I received an "Operating System CD" (That's what it says!) with XP Home SP2. The key was on a sticker below my laptop.
I recently changed over to a Mac and want to install XP on it (Sorry!). Can I do that legally without any hassles? Also, I have moved to the US now, so does that matter? (Are licenses for particular areas only?)
Thanks a ton!

A:Installing Windows from a CD which came with one computer on another: Legal Issues

If the software is legit (easily checked by the COA you have stuck to the machine) then to install it to another machine would be okay provided that you remove it from the laptop (can only be installed on 1 machine). There are a couple of problems you may come across. If the laptop has a version of XP that's been volume licensed by Compaq then it won't install on the other machine. If it's the full (or OEM) version then it should be okay. You would likely have to ring MS to activate it and explain to them that it has been moved from one machine to another. They are pretty helpful with this type of problem and as long as you are genuine in your approach then there shouldn't be any major problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-windows-from-a-cd-which-came-with-one-computer-on-another-legal-issues-302858.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just installed Windows and it works but the installation was very difficult I'm hoping someone can help me understand what happened so that future installations go more smoothly I was running Windows on a custom desktop PC with an Intel motherboard years old I downloaded Windows and burned the installation W DVD I rebooted to the installation Explain? Windows Issues 8.1 Someone - Can UEFI Installing DVD My PC has hard drives are blank the other partially occupied by a W installation I installed W onto the remaining space on the third drive The installation seemed to work W booted from the hard drive after rebooting from the DVD However UEFI Issues Installing Windows 8.1 - Can Someone Explain? after I removed the DVD and rebooted the PC it booted to W no choices no bootloader etc If I reinserted the installation DVD and booted the DVD it would boot W from the hard drive Weird Question why would W UEFI Issues Installing Windows 8.1 - Can Someone Explain? boot when the W installation DVD is not inserted where W would boot from the hard drive after booting from the DVD Next I found no solution W would not let me burn a recovery DVD The installation DVD presented no options for recovery repair etc upon boot it would just boot W from the hard drive So thinking that MBR was clearly set to boot W I decided to wipe the drive by installing Linux I then inserted the W installation DVD hoping to install W over Linux but got the message quot A resource is missing quot I spent an hour on the phone with Microsoft no solution Later I happen to notice the quot UEFI Mode quot setting in the BIOS activated it and then everything went fine the installation DVD booted happily and installed W onto the drive W now boots normally without the DVD All is well Question why did setting quot UEFI Mode quot in my BIOS make everything work My somewhat uneducated guess when the installation DVD is booted it looks for EFI partitions If it finds one it will at least in some scenarios boot from it even if the BIOS is not in UEFI mode That's why W booted from the hard drive after booting from the installation DVD Without the DVD if you boot in non-UEFI mode it boots from the MBR which still had my W setup The W installation did not reconfigure the MBR for some reason why not That's why it booted W in before I enabled UEFI mode In UEFI mode the installation DVD configures the EFI partition and the BIOS properly and the disk must always booted in UEFI mode If all this is correct I guess my final somewhat rhetorical questions are why doesn't the Windows installation program inform the user about UEFI settings and why didn't tech support say anything about UEFI Thanks in advance for helping me understand this

A:UEFI Issues Installing Windows 8.1 - Can Someone Explain?

Can you post a screen shot of Disk management?

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Eight Forums

Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/41720-uefi-issues-installing-windows-8-1-can-someone-explain.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have 2 windows updates that haven't installed for about a month now..

-Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2656351)
-Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2600217)

I don't have a clue why but everything installs fine.. I install them, restart my computer and everything does its thing while that's happening and they just pop up again when I do a search for updates after computer has restarted.

A:2 Windows Updates not installing, .NET Framework 4 Issues

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/275672-2-windows-updates-not-installing-net-framework-4-issues.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey guys I installed Windows onto one of my computers the one that connects directly to fios a couple weeks back and since then I have been having network issues All of the other computers on the network run XP including the one that has my printer connected to it Since I upgraded the one computer to all of the other computers have been unable to print aside from the one that 7 Windows one installing on issues after Networking computer is actually connected to the Networking issues after installing Windows 7 on one computer printer of course All computers are on the same workgroup MSHOME After I installed on the one computer it defaulted the workgroup to HOMEGROUP so I had to change it back to MSHOME and got rid of the homegroup the new Windows feature On the computer that is running Windows if I look at the network it sees no other computers but if I go on one of the XP computers the one that is attached to the printer I can see the Windows PC as well as the other XP ones On one of the other XP computers I cannot see the other XP computers but it allows me to add a network place so I can see a shared folder on the Windows PC It however does not allow me to add a network place that is located on any of the other XP computers I m very confused about all of this and I have no idea what might have happened and I need to get these computers networked with the printer once again After I realized that none of the computers were able to print I went into system options right clicked on the network printer and clicked properties and I got the quot Print spooler service not running quot message but it is running I added a new printer and updated my drivers and tried to add a printer on each computer on the network and tried to select a shared printer by name but they all say quot Cannot connect to printer Check the printer name quot etc I have no idea what to do at this point so if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it Thanks nbsp

A:Networking issues after installing Windows 7 on one computer

Shut down all computers. Boot the "host" (the one with the printer directly connected) and one other XP PC. See if you can get connected and print to the remote computer. If successful, boot one PC at a time and see if you can get working again. If unsuccessful with just the two PCs please show for each of them ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following commands:

nbtstat -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/networking-issues-after-installing-windows-7-on-one-computer.861512/
Relevancy 48.16%

(After doing much research) I have an older PC with XP SP3 that I want to upgrade to windows 7. First I want to clone the hard drive to an external drive then install the 7 on the computer (yes I have enough free space on the hard drive). From what I have read I will lose my documents and other files and programs I have installed. What I am worried about is the drivers. Are they left alone? Replaced? If 7 does not have an appropriate driver (like to the FAX modem) will the old one be retained? If not will my PC recognize any driverless hardware and try to find drivers via "plug and Play"? Can I import the missing driver from the clone? Thanks.

Relevancy 48.16%

Last week i try to instal a dual-boot system windows xp on windows installed i couldn't shrink the disk c from manage it said something about defragmentation i Installing issues windows windows 7 on xp dual-boot have disk drives with no partitions the disk c it has with GB free to create a new partition with GB i know that easeus partition will help me because i did do this once but was dual boot windows on a windows xp installed i made one partition with gb from C with easeus partition then i restart my computer and easeus made his proces after a moment - gt restart and then i should put the Installing dual-boot windows xp on windows 7 issues windows in the dvd-rom but the system was blocked like this http img yfrog com img jpg del tab Installing dual-boot windows xp on windows 7 issues was not working - gt restart again but this time i push del fast to go to bios but i didn't go to bios it made his usualy components verification everything was ok and then was blocked there I made my decision to go to a friend to format my hard drive instal athe windows on the disk and everything was ok on his pc so to explain i record my problem now my english sucks On my pc it remains the same probl but i could reinstal my windows windows xp and i have this problem on my startup MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service the first half is a delay the last half is when i restart to go to bios

A:Installing dual-boot windows xp on windows 7 issues

Welcome!

I don't really understand your problem, but try pressing F11 during the POST. The manually select your drive from the resulting window.

Hope this helps,
~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/54999-installing-dual-boot-windows-xp-windows-7-issues.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm trying to install Windows XP on my new Serial ATA hard drive, it has been formatted everything seems ok, When I start installing windows XP pro on this machine it seems like it just can't detect the damn hard drive, when I set it as boot on te serial ata drive eeverything works fine, it goes as C:/ but I just can't switch to my cd drive with windows XP to install it.

When I boot up my other hrd drive with windows xp, I can actually see my hard drive in windows explorer.

What can I do to actually make the windows XP installation detect my Serial ATA drive?

A:Installing Windows Xp "SATA QUESTION"

When it installs their is an option to "Press F6 if you need to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver", then press S and put in the floppy that came with the mainboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-windows-xp-sata-question.309344/
Relevancy 47.73%

HP pavilion dv notebook Product Number FH UA ABC Intel Core Duo CPUT Upon catching a bug virus I took no chance and formatted everything instead of the system recovery solution F since there was a virus there anyway so I did not want to take any chance Since I did not make any CD DVD from from the previous Windows Vista system that came with the Notebook I went buying a brand new Windows XP Pro DVD But now the Install of XP dv6700 pavilion hp my notebook installing Issues on Windows Windows XP Pro keeps failing with error quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives Issues installing Windows XP on my hp pavilion dv6700 notebook installed in your computer quot when chosing the option quot To set up Windows XP now press ENTER quot I have no other option to chose other from To repair Windows XP Installation using recovery console Press R quot and to quit setup Press F But no options to boot the install Issues installing Windows XP on my hp pavilion dv6700 notebook from a nd rd partition Obviously the Hard drive is on a nd rd partition of the hard drive and Windows XP Install can t access it So I loaded a Boot CD ran fdisk from Bart s CDROM Boot Diskbut it fails with error quot AUTOEXEC Booted drive ia sL Setting up Ram disk at drive q Autoexec Aborted quot and it would not launch fdisk I guess it has to do with the fact that the system booting drive is on a nd rd partition I usually have no problem using fdisk or partition magic to merge all partition in one get the partition activated and boot the install from there but on my notebook I seem to not be able to do so Thanks for helping nbsp

A:Issues installing Windows XP on my hp pavilion dv6700 notebook

That's because XP does not have the SATA drivers for the Hard Drive .. so it doesn't see it.
If you know the Driver .. it can be slipsteamed into the XP install CD.
Even if you can do this, you'll probably have trouble finding the other drivers that are missing.

Have you though about getting the recovery DVDs from HP ??
You should have recovered from the recovery partition .. it was safe.

http://paparadit.blogspot.com/2007/06/installing-sata-hard-drive-with-windows.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-installing-windows-xp-on-my-hp-pavilion-dv6700-notebook.928795/
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok so I bought a new pc the other day it was delivered with Win preinstalled bit version its a Packard bell Imedia I've had a play about with it and I hate windows that's why I drive installing with 7 Windows GPT issues Ultimate.. Hard have my windows ultimate at hand ready to go on there I've changed the boot GPT Hard drive issues with installing Windows 7 Ultimate.. priority for dvd drive first and enabled boot mode Once I've got to boot mode the dvd drive never shows up in GPT Hard drive issues with installing Windows 7 Ultimate.. the boot menu just the of TB GPT Hard drive issues with installing Windows 7 Ultimate.. hdds I have in there appears The drive is working as I've tried to run windows install from the desktop though it has failed and I've read a little online to find out its due to the hdd drives being formatted in GPT format I have never come across this before I know a little about pc's but not enough to know how to solve this issue I really want to go back to Win as I got on well with it and I hate windows and I don't have a touch screen monitor to go with it either and nor would I want a touch screen monitor YCH hope someone here can help me i'm at my wits end haha

A:GPT Hard drive issues with installing Windows 7 Ultimate..

Hello DrWolfenstein, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Since this is a new PC and formatted as GPT, then you have a UEFI motherboard.

If you have not already, then I would recommend creating a factory recovery USB to be able to restore Windows 8 back to factory conditions on your PC if you should ever want to in the future.Create a Packard Bell Factory Default Backup in Windows 8
Next, double check to make sure that there are Windows 7 drivers available for all devices on the PC. There's no sense in installing Windows 7 if you don't have drivers for the PC.

To install Windows 7 on UEFI, you would first need to create a bootable Windows 7 UEFI USB flash drive using the tutorial below.UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows
Next, the tutorial below will show you how to install Window 7 on UEFI with the UEFI USB.UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/269566-gpt-hard-drive-issues-installing-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I downloaded Windows 10 Anniversary Edition on my HP Notebook 15 a couple days ago.  This version came as an update, and it was not clear to me until it was complete. This laptop is new for me, purchased in June this year.  Since the update, the sound quality has been poor; very scratchy and white noise in background. Not sure what to do to fix this.  Anyone else?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Sound-issues-after-installing-Windows-10-Anniversary-Edition/td-p/5715696
Relevancy 47.73%

I am trying to get my Windows 7 system to install updates, but the Windows Update screen keeps saying "Checking for updates". Basically, its taking it forever to install updates. Also, Internet Explorer does not work right. Internet Explorer keeps freezing up. I am trying to upgrade it to Windows 10 for my brother.

Someone's help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

A:Issues installing Windows Updates and using Internet Explorer

I have already ran SFC/ SCANNOW and it found no issues. I reset Windows Update components and that didn't fix the issue either.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398445-issues-installing-windows-updates-using-internet-explorer.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I currently have an AL-1540CS printer that's hooked up to the USB port of my PC. I went to the official SHARP Website to search for the drivers of it and I downloaded them. The problem is whenever I try to install the drivers it says:

"The installer has detected an unsupported operating system. This software can only be installed in the following operating systems: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista"

After it shows this message it just closes. I tried using it with compability mode, but it won't work either with any settings. I contacted SHARP, but no answer from them yet.

Any help?

A:Printer drivers not installing on Windows 7 due to compability issues.

This is SHARP's response:

"Thank you for contacting Sharp Electronics Corporation.

Currently, there is no software available for your copier that is compatible with Windows 7. We do have the software CD available for purchase, however, this will only work with Windows XP. We have no timetable on the release of any software at this time."

What the heck? Are you kidding me? I now have an unusable printer. Is there anyway I could fix this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/339827-printer-drivers-not-installing-windows-7-due-compability-issues.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok I don Major issues XP with Windows Pro Solved: computer. on installing new t know if anyone can help me on this one or not it s going to be Solved: Major issues with installing Windows XP Pro on new computer. difficult perhaps considering the limited information I can give I recently put together a new computer for my girlfriend but didn t have the time to stay during the entire Windows installation Apparently while XP was installing my girlfriend had gone out her mother attempted to follow the prompts eek during this she mis-typed the serial key and didn t know what to do according to her the installation froze She couldn t tab to get back and it didn t recognize the mouse She restarted the computer and apparently was able to get windows to install My girlfriend called me later to tell me that quot the screen is all wrong the colors don t look right quot Upon asking her what the problem was she replied quot the screen quot Describe it to me quot it s the monitor quot No what s wrong with it quot THE SCREEN DOESN quot T LOOK RIGHT quot Heh You can see what i m dealing with I had her go into desktop settings to crank the resolution up to at least x and high colors after she hits apply nothing happens I told her to install the drivers for the graphics card She s tried twice each time it goes through the driver installation and tells her to restart Upon restarting it goes to the Windows loading screen and then as best I can tell from what she s telling me the monitor looses signal from the PC Screen goes black monitor light goes from green to orange Computer is still on it doesn t restart She can only get back in via safe mode I m no technical genius but I m not computer illiterate either I built my own rig done some tech work at my old job etc but I m stumped Without being able to actually get over to her place to look at it myself until tomorrow the best I can guess is that either the graphics card a GeForce GT is bad or they FUBAR d the Windows installation I don t necessarily see the card as being bad seeing as when I started the installation everything looked fine if the card was simply bad wouldn t she NOT get any kind of picture As I said I dunno if anyone can give me any advice based off the limited info I can give I m just trying to see if I can find out anything to help her get it working herself If I can t get her up and running before about today when she has to leave for work it should be a moot point as I can go out there myself tomorrow to look at it BTW in case it s necessary here s her components that I picked out and put together for her Pentium D ASUS P NSLI LGA NVIDIA nForce SLI Intel Edition ATX Intel Motherboard EVGA -P -N -TX GeForce GT MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x Video Card Hard drive is a GB Western Digital she s got a gig of Corsair RAM etc I figure the only thing that matters in this situation is perhaps the card really but then I don t know for sure obviously Any ideas anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Major issues with installing Windows XP Pro on new computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-major-issues-with-installing-windows-xp-pro-on-new-computer.577802/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am trying to get my Windows 7 system to install updates, but the Windows Update screen keeps saying "Checking for updates". Basically, its taking it forever to install updates. Also, Internet Explorer does not work right. Internet Explorer keeps freezing up. I am trying to upgrade it to Windows 10 for my brother.

Someone's help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

A:Issues installing Windows Updates and using Internet Explorer

I have already ran SFC/ SCANNOW and it found no issues. I reset Windows Update components and that didn't fix the issue either.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398445-issues-installing-windows-updates-using-internet-explorer.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello

I was wondering If I have one sata 1 and an new sata 2(or 3) on my PC installed on my PC... will cause problems in transfer speeds?

My Blue-ray is sata 1 also...

Does this mean that all disks will work as sata 1?

A:Installing both sata 1 and sata 2 on my pc

All SATA devices operate independently of each other. The transfer rate is governed chiefly by the device speed, and each device can operate simultaneously at that speed. Contrast that to PATA devices, where the maximum speed of devices attached to a single cable is that of the slowest attached. In addition, delays (and effective reduction in speed) are caused when both devices on the cable need to be accessed (only one device can utilise the interface at a time, the other device has to wait until the interface becomes free). In all cases, drivers and CPU/memory speed throughput are also a factor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230463-installing-both-sata-1-sata-2-my-pc.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Personally, I hate windows 7. I think its crap and that windows xp is more friendly to me. I know that windows 7 is more stable than windows xp, but I don't care, I just wan't windows xp. So, I put the disk in my computer and I clicked install windows xp, but than this thing popped up.

It syas that windows 7 is incompatible with windows xp. How can I make windows 7 compatible with windows xp so that I can install and use the windows xp OS instead of windows 7?

A:Installing Windows XP on Windows 7 - Incompatibility Issues

You cannot start installation of an older version from desktop of a newer version. You need to boot your PC with XP install media.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/292474-installing-windows-xp-windows-7-incompatibility-issues.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I recently clean upgraded my Xp to Windows 7. I did a clean sintall and am slowly installing everything from scratch.

When I downloaded AVG free, it wouldn't configure the files, it just stalled.

I went with Avira, who have never failed me in the past and it installed and downloaded files without any hassles, lucky.

Since then I've downloaded the latest patch for my evga gtx 285 and the driver just stall when it says "installing files". I downloaded the 64bit patch.

The same thing has happened when I downloaded iTunes 64bit. The thing just stalls when it looks as though ti's completing installation.

Any ideas? Thanks

HF.

A:Solved: Issues installing programs/drivers with Windows 7 64bit

Anyone of these failed installed my have messed things up, that NOTHING is going to get installed.

Have you tried cleaning up the failed installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-issues-installing-programs-drivers-with-windows-7-64bit.898542/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi. I am considering building a new PC. I have XP Pro on this system but can't locate the CD to install it on a new system. Is there any way I can install this Volume of XP via Transfer to a new SATA drive when both are installed on the same Motherboard? Thanks. If not is there a way I can create a bootable copy from this volume and use that on the new drive?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-xp-from-an-ata-hd-to-an-sata-hd-407822.html
Relevancy 46.44%

A few days ago i got a windows blue screen stop error BAD_POOL_CALLER.

I tried a ******** of things and nothing works especially because i can't even go into safe mode.

So i want to reinstall xp but everytime i try it says there is no hard drive. I have a WD SATA hard drive and i am wondering if i have to install a third party raid driver or something in order to get the damn pc to recognize it or am i just screwed and i will never be able to use this nice computer ever again?

Thanks for any help. If i dont get this thing fixed soon i will not be able to print off my school projects and i will miss out on a damn good job opportunity.

A:installing XP on an SATA HDD

Did you install XP on the drive as a SATA or was it pre-installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-xp-on-an-sata-hdd-106195.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am replacing a non-working DVD with a newer SATA DVD. I suspect I need to change the RAID settings to get the computer to recognize the new DVD drive but would like to know which setting I should go to without messing things up. Currently have a PATA driven DVD in another slot. Can I go PATA in one slot and SATA in another?

A:Installing SATA DVD

if you have an open sata slot you should be able to connect the drive with no problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-sata-dvd.64541/
Relevancy 46.44%

Here is my system setup running WinXP -MOBO -- gt HDD Installing 2nd SATA using ASUS P WD -E Premium http www asus com products aspx l amp l amp l amp l amp model amp modelmenu -HDDs -- gt Western Digital st JD nd KS Drivers that I have downloaded consist of -from WD http support wdc com download sata siig-sata-win zip -from ASUS http support asus com download download aspx SLanguage en-us From what I already know In the quot Installing 2nd HDD using SATA Device Manager quot in quot Control Panel quot I can see and view the two HDDs and open their properties having seen this they both are in location should i change one to another location If so how do I do this Both HDDs are said to be working and running fine according to the device manager In quot My Computer quot I can only acces the initial WD JD disk through the quot C quot drive there is no sight of the second HDD Also the HDDs are connected to my mobo in SATA WD JD and SATA WD KS the sockets go up to SATA Both disks are SATA and neither of them have an IDE connection standard now Should I change something in the BIOS any guides please If I m unable to do this ill have to reinstall Windows and my user files to the larger HDD GB one and ditch the GB one Any help is much appreciated please Many thanks nbsp

A:Installing 2nd HDD using SATA

Right click the new drive and initialize.

edit: Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management, Disk Management and then right click the new drive and initialize.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-2nd-hdd-using-sata.78761/
Relevancy 46.44%

i just bought a seagate sata internal hd to replace my broken IDE hd.
i followed instructions but when i went to install my windows xp os. it says that it does not detect a harddrive. i checked the bios but i did not see any option for sata.

i am really new at this stuff so excuse me if i dont know what im talking about.
anyway, i just need help with this. what are some suggestions that i can do to make this work?

A:help on installing new SATA hd

Do you have a motherboard manual? If not, get one and follow the instructions.

If you can't find one, post what your make and model of comp is and what the motherboard is. If you don't know run Everest Home ( http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181 ) and find out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-on-installing-new-sata-hd.74653/
Relevancy 46.44%

MoBo: MSI K8T NEO
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 200GB SATA

I'm trying to install Windows XP Home Edition onto a brand new SATA HDD. All the cables are connected properly, and when I power on the PC, The HDD is recognized. The install disc is already in the CD drive, so when it asks to boot from CD I do. When Windows asks if I would like to install XP or repair it. I select install. And then it proceeds to tell me that it could not detect a drive to install Windows onto. I've tried using nLite to make an XP disc with the drivers it needs but it still has the same problem. I don't have a floppy drive, or even the floppy disk, that the MoBo came with. So I'm not sure if I even have the correct drivers. I would greatly appreciate any advice given to help solve this problem.

A:Installing XP on SATA HDD

Welcome to TSF....

How Do I Install Windows XP On A SATA Hard Drive
http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how...ws_xp_on_a.htm

Installing Windows on a SATA drive without the bloody F6 floppy
http://weblogs.asp.net/jkey/archive/...28/423901.aspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-xp-on-sata-hdd-282856.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all,
I need a bit of help with installing 120GB western Digital HDD. I've connected the SATA cable and changed the CMOS setting to enhanced mode as i've IDE 80gb seagate barracuda hooked up on the same pc. by the way my motherboard is AOPEN AX4SPE-UN. When i try to boot up it says disk boot failure. when I changed the jumper settings of IDE HDD it boots from cdrom and attempts to install Windows2000 but on the second screen that is when it says Windoows2000 loads setup, it halts for about 2 mins and says unmountable boot volume and when I repeat it doen't boot at all.
channel 0 master: none
channel0 slave : seagate HDD
channel 1 IDE: pioneer dvdrom
channel 2 Master: Western digital 120gb HDD

Thanks for any help

A:Installing SATA HDD

baz

just wondering if u solved ur problem with setting up ur s-ata hdd
if so i have a similar issue, the problems are as follows i have a 250gb s-ata diamond max10 hdd my motherboard is a msi 875p neo fisr2, my graphics card is a geforce 5200 128mb
a pioneer 16speed dvdrw+-
an external 12in1 card reader
a lg 52*24*52 cdrw
any hlp would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

Baz

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-sata-hdd.17090/
Relevancy 46.44%

Pre-warning I tend to type too much sorry if it s too long About weeks ago my computer crapped itself and I can t figure out exactly what the problem is but I Pro on SP2 Installing SATA-2 XP m fairly confident it s a problem with the hard drive either it simply stopped working the SATA cable is faulty or it does not get power properly Anyway my family decided to just get a new computer as the one that crapped out was a bit outdated anyway The computer will not come with an OS installed and I m basically worried that I will have trouble installing Windows XP Professional on it First thing s first I ll be getting the computer tomorrow night so I m just trying to make sure I can successfully install XP rather then failing and having to wait over the weekend On account of I won t have access to internet at home to Installing XP Pro SP2 on SATA-2 get a solution The computer is being built at a local shop so I can only assume I wont get the driver software discs for the individual hardware along with accessories like adapter for dual monitors etc so I probably won t have drivers on a floppy Installing XP Pro SP2 on SATA-2 for installing XP I m pretty sure it won t have a floppy drive anyway So I ll list the information not all that informative really that the shops website has detailed and Hopefully someone can tell me if i need to slipstream drivers into my Windows XP Professional SP disc I already know how I just don t know if it s necessary or what drivers I ll need ProcessorAMD Dual Core processor GHz GHz FSB hypertransport MotherboardASUS Gigabyte or MSI brand supports fast DDR- RAMsupports FSB with hypertransport PCI-Express x hi-definition sound Lan Port fast USB ports Memory MB GB of fast DDR- PC RAM Hard Drive GB rpm SATA- NCQ Western Digital Video CardFast MB Installing XP Pro SP2 on SATA-2 NVIDIA GeForce GT graphics card PCI-Express x triple outputs VGA DVI and TV-Out Soundhigh definition surround sound outputs at the backheadphones and microphone sockets at the front Network LAN broadband readyBecause I don t know what motherboard it is I didn t know how to research for myself and find an accurate answer I asked the guy at the shop quot Because it s using SATA- will I need any drivers to install XP quot and he replied quot If you are using a Service Pack installation disc it should work fine but if you use a Service Pack installation you will corrupt the hard drive and it will fail after a couple of days quot I know that my XP disc is SP so I was assuming at first that it would work fine because he said so but then I started to worry more and more when I was thinking about my old computer and how I had SO MUCH trouble installing XP onto it via SATA drives So if I need any drivers to be slipstreamed I hope someone here can tell me and hopefully tell me which drivers I need and where to get them Also after googling quot amd quot I got results of AMD Athlon so does that mean I will need to install Windows XP Professional x Edition Because if so I m royally screwed

A:Installing XP Pro SP2 on SATA-2

You need to find out what motherboard is in there...that will determine whether you need to install SATA drivers for an XP install (actually, your BIOS will).

I guess I don't understand why you didn't ask for that info...when you were asking questions of those who put the system together.

Alternately...you can simply remove the case cover and take a look to see what the motherboard manufacturer and model is.

What's the link for this system information that you posted?

FWIW: No install of XP...has been known to corrupt a hard drive. There's nothing on the drive to corrupt when doing a clean install.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/206621/installing-xp-pro-sp2-on-sata-2/
Relevancy 46.44%

To start off, I have a Dell Optiplex Gx110 with Fujitsu hdd. My computer got some crazy virus that uninstalled all of my drivers except the floppy. Ir also erased the OS. I downloaded XP OS floppy set from another computer and tried to install it onto this computer but once i got past the 6th floppy and i insert my restore cd the comp says that my hard drive is not working properly and that i need to run the manufacturer's diagnostic test. i tried hitting f6 at the beginning of the XP installation but it didnt do anything. Can anybody help? I've tried putting the Fujitsu diagnostic test on a floppy and running it but because i don't have an OS it doesnt start the test. Any ideas? Anything will help. Thanks

A:Installing SATA HDD

Are you still trying to fix this issue, sorry it took so long to get to you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-sata-hdd.731537/
Relevancy 46.44%

well, it's official - i'm stuck :D

The problem is my new hard drive - Samsung HD501LJ .
Because of it, i can't install Windows XP - i know i gotta integrate drivers for it within the windows installation CD with nlite BUTi can't find any driver for it - only a stupid tool on the samsung site, which is an executable i got no use for, for 2 reasons - 1) nlite uses inf files to integrate the drivers, not exe, and 2) windows can't be installed, let alone run on that computer

so what i need most of all is help locating the drivers for that hard drive
Samsung HD501LJ (Spinpoint T sries)

A:need help installing win XP with Sata HDD

disable the sata function in the bios and xp will install.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-help-installing-win-xp-with-sata-hdd-265386.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently purchased a western digital 160 gig hardrive from newegg for my new build.... It was OEM so it came by itself and no cd's. Anyways i just installed it and its formatting right now on my new build... Except formatting is taking a while.. and im not sure if i installed raid. I press f6 when it asked to install raid then it came to insert cd or press this if you dont have a cd or something like that.. so i i just clicked enter and now its formatting.. Not sure if i did the right thing but someone told me it only takes like a minute to format a sata hardrive. Please Help!

Im using the pc right now.. Seems to be fine.. Will a sata hardrive even work withought Raid installed? if so.. i dont think i installed RAID.. any help?

A:HELP Installing A Sata HD!

any helllP? my pc seems to be running fine just i expected it to be faster.. still feels like my p4. 2.4 ghz 1 gb ram machine. but owelll

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-installing-a-sata-hd.79555/
Relevancy 46.44%

i bought an sata hdd. i used PM (partion magic) to format N partition the hdd. however, evertime i restart my pc (10times so far) my pc says found new hdwre, click next....blah blah. i do that N wen i restart again its the same time. my pc reads the disk in bios N disk managment. i am also able to put files on the hdd N read files for it. it is just a bother to keep seeing that dialog box show up wen i restart.

how to get rid of that dialouge box

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-sata-hdd.61036/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey, I wasn't sure where to post this but I was just about to replace my supposed broken SATA main drive with a new one, and I have to format it with my Windows XP Pro again. A friend helped me install it the first time, so not positive with all the steps but as far as I understand it there is a special order or procedure that must be done with this particular setup (XP Pro on a SATA drive), which is different than a regular HDD. I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to this stuff, but I have a general idea of it all. I'm not sure if it has to do with the RAID setup, but I was just wondering what I need to change or set to format this correctly.

Thanks,
~Wes

A:Installing XP Pro on a SATA HDD

Near the beginning of Windows Setup you will have to install SATA controller drivers at the F6 prompt. You will need a floppy drive and diskette for this to work. If this PC is the one in your system specs, it is old enough so you just might have a floppy drive. Prepare the floppy diskette by using the motherboard CD or by downloading the appropriate driver files from Gigabyte's website: Click here If you don't have your motherboard manual, you can download it at this same webpage.

After installing the driver files from the floppy, at the appropriate time follow the prompts and complete the installation of the SATA driver files. If done correctly, Windows Setup will recognize the SATA hard drive, let you format it, partition it if you want and continue with the installation of Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-xp-pro-on-a-sata-hdd.151385/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello,

I ordered a SATA internal HDD, but did a mistake. I didn't realize that it is a bare drive. rather I did not now what a bare drive meant. The drive I ordered is HITACHI Deskstar 5K3000 HDS5C3020ALA632.

I plan to use it as my 2nd HDD. Can someone please give me instruction to install it? Also, I think I need a Serial ATA interface cable, how do I select one or are they generic?
And what kind of screws do I use?

Thanks

A:Help installing a SATA HDD

yea so basically you will get just the drive in a anti-static bag, but you can use any SATA interface cable. i forget the thread size of the screw, but it's either the coarse or fine type that is used throughout the system. just take one screw out of one of the expansion slots and try it. i forget which one is more common for HDD as i use tool-less bays.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-installing-a-sata-hdd.163732/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi i m of SATA onto Drive Problems Windows recognized. XP SATA Installation not HD. new to this site but very familiar with technology i built this machine myself im currently running off my old HD but i want to reinstall windows onto my new SATA hardrive GB this one is an IDE The BIOS and Nvidia Raid config recognize the drive but the Installation Problems of Windows XP onto SATA HD. SATA Drive not recognized. windows installation does not I was reading this thread on this site that i foudn from google http forums techguy org hardware -bios-windows-do-not-recognize html because he has the same MB as myself but different hard drives I am currently in the process of trying what he did but i do not have a floppy drive I only have a CD drive and a GB floppy drive i m going to try these routes first for the configuartion software but if not im going to see if i can find one laying around IF i cant find one and the CD flash drive don t work is there another way to try the methods described in the previous web link Hard Drives are Western Digital Caviar nbsp

A:Installation Problems of Windows XP onto SATA HD. SATA Drive not recognized.

Most newerBIOS allow an Alternate method for SATA . . Go into the bios and check the "Sata Operation" setting, change it to "Raid Autodetect/ATA if it is not already. Now try to install XP ( Verbage will vary by manufacturer )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installation-problems-of-windows-xp-onto-sata-hd-sata-drive-not-recognized.773644/
Relevancy 46.01%

I m at my wits end So far i ve spent the last days new HardDrive a Installing (SATA) trying to get the computer to recognise this harddrive firstly the specs Motherboard Asus K V-SE Deluxe AMD Skt Athlon DDR RAM MB DDR PC RAM Elixir Nanya brand memory Processer AMD CPU Athlon bit Skt Graphics Card Radeon with mb memory Hard Drive Hitache gb The bios is Fast track i think sorry brain freeze after days of tinkering I know the harddrive works i tested it on my machine and it works fine but we can t get the BIOS in his machine to register the hard drive is there it only realises its there Installing a new HardDrive (SATA) when we plug it into one of the RAID SATA ports it says it doesn t exist if we plug it into the normal ports So far i have tried formatting the hard drive tried to install sata drivers onto windows but ofcourse that didn t work as its a Installing a new HardDrive (SATA) bios problem it was kind of a last ditch attempt and all manor of other things i can t even think of I m almost convinced its the bios at the moment I would try to flash and install a new bios but i ve never done that before and quite frankly knowing that i could ruin my friends motherboard scares the pants off me i m a broke student i can t afford to replace it Any help appreciated Thanks alot nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello all I am having a problem doing a clean install of WINXP onto a gb Maxtor SATA hd Current problem I am pressing F at the install screen and loading the drivers for my sata raid that I downloaded from my MB s Gigabyte website I get the screen where I press quot s quot and then choose the drivers from the floppy Windows continues to load the preliminary files I get to screen asking which partition i already partitioned the drive to choose I choose the partiton a few screens flash and then I get a message stating quot Setup cannot copy the file si r sys quot If I try to skip the on installing Problem WIN SATA XP files the setup continues the pc reboots I Get the WINXP loading logo and then a blue screen showing quot STOP x b Things I Problem installing WIN XP on SATA have tried I have tried drivers from the cd that came with the motherboard and updated from the website I think if I can get the files to copy I wouldn t get the blue STOP screen upon reboot The drive appears to be good I was able to use it as a storage device when booting from another hard drive into windows I also copied gbs of files to of the partitions on the SATA hard drive I also wiped out the partition and formatted the drive numerous times I tried both BASE and RAID setting in BIOS Also tried setting the jumper to gbs setting on the drive itself Any Ideas Thank You B nder nbsp

A:Problem installing WIN XP on SATA

Is the Win cd SP2 if not you might try converting it by using the instructions at Nlite etc.
Also you could try copying the cd to a partition not being used for OS and installing from there.
Have you identified what that driver file is for ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-installing-win-xp-on-sata.66275/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Starting to say Ive searched this forum for help on this but didnt find any My problem is I installed new HD SATA seagate gb I am trying to make a fresh install of xp Disabling Hyperthreading on my mobo ABIT VT installing newest drivers I have downloaded latest sata drivers disk from ABIT homepage When booting the xp cd I press F and there I have tried both installing xp sata drivers and xp on problem sata installing from my floppy What happens is if sata problem on installing xp I choose my drivers on the floppy when formatting the partition it still says that it uses quot viasraid quot even if i know that it should use the viamraid driver If i go on installing it continues until it reboots and after a second showing the xp splash screen it gives me the nasty bluescreen with errorcode x b It appears it will not use the drivers on the floppy Is there a way to edit the mbr record or any other suggestions Thanks Wallraff nbsp

A:sata problem on installing xp

I'm having the same issues, I have a ABIT VT7, and a new WD 250gb SATA II drive... I had to use a jumper to disable transfer rate checking on the drive just to get it to detect in the first place... However, XP setup of course doesn't have the drivers and my disk that came with the board is bad... I've just downloaded the drivers from the company site and was (up until reading your post) looking forward to going home and trying them out...

Did you figure out a work around?

Does someone know of a way to remedy this?

I cringe at the thought of getting a SATA controller card, I realize if I want to take full advantage of my SATA II HD it's a purchase I need to eventually make, but I'd just like to get the box up and running 'now'...

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-problem-on-installing-xp.35262/