Windows Support Forum

Locking mouse pointer on dual screen with touch screen

Q: Locking mouse pointer on dual screen with touch screen

Hi,

I have a windows 7 touch screen laptop which I am using along with an extended desktop on a secondary monitor. Is there any way I can lock the mouse/pointer onto the secondary monitor but still use the touch screen facility on the laptop itself?

thanks in advance for any help provided.

nova-lighting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locking-mouse-pointer-on-dual-screen-with-touch-screen.963750/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Locking mouse pointer on dual screen with touch screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 111.37%

Got a strange issue which is bugging me I have an ergo AS all-in-one PC with built in Touchscreen Mouse Screen when small changes ** to Touch pointer ** using diamond a Display on WIndows All drivers are installed and the touch screen is working however the Mouse Pointer on screen is bugging the hell out of me I have USB mouse plugged in as well and when using the USB mouse i get the default white arrow but as soon as I use finger on the Touchscreen the Mouse pointer changes to a small diamond When I take my finger of the screen the mouse pointer dissappears alltogether until the next time i touch or move the mouse I want the touchscreen Mouse pointer to stay the same as the normal white arrow I have tried all the options under Mouse settings and Pen and Touch but none work Anyone able to help This was working fine on the stock Ergo Window image before I put my own Windows image on it so I know it must be possible Thanks in advance

A:** Mouse pointer changes to a small diamond when using Touch Screen **

Anyone able to confirm whether this happens on their touch screens?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/225203-mouse-pointer-changes-small-diamond-when-using-touch-screen.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi People I have been a member of this forum and most often I have found a solution by just searching but today I have a problem which I have not been able to find a solution for therefore I am listing my problem I have Windows installed on a desktop since months now it was working fine till yesterday evening but don't know what happened it was loading windows Basically what is happening is that it is booting fine then the windows logo comes and after that of Screen instead Black Screen Login Mouse Pointer with I get a black screen with mouse cursor whereas it was supposed Black Screen with Mouse Pointer instead of Login Screen to have the login screen Now I had this same problem months back with the same computer but then I was unable to solve it using the MBR repair commands and so I formatted the drive C of my computer then Now I am determined not to format the DRIVE C so Black Screen with Mouse Pointer instead of Login Screen I went to the command prompt using system repair tools from the DVD and went into DISKPART When I selected disk which is the only disk installed and entered detail disk this is what I got Disk ID SOmething Type ATA Status Online PAth Target LUN ID Location Path Something Current Readonly State No Read Only No Boot Disk No Pagefile Disk No Hibernation File Disk No Crash Dump Disk No Clustered Disk No ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Volume Ltr Label FS Type Size Status Volume C System Rese NTFS Partition MB Healthy Volume D NTFS Partition GB Healthy Volume E NTFS Partition GB Healthy Volume F NTFS Partition GB Healthy Now I found that the system reserved partition has somehow claimed Drive Letter C after maybe a power failure Now I think the problem would be solved if I could somehow remove C letter from the System Reserved partition and assign it back to Volume I later on checked on the recovery files that in my computer the DRIVE C is the actual system reserved partition which is supposed to be hidden and DRIVE D is the one which holds the actual windows installation I have also the information on VOLUME when I selected DISK and then selected VOLUME and entered detail volume I got the following result Readonly No Hidden No No Default Drive letter No Shadow Copy No Offline No Bitlocker Encrypted No Installable No Now I changed the attributes and to Yes think it would solve my problem but it didn't I would also like to know why this has happened I think this is due to power failure but why is the system reserved partition showing as C Please help I have tried to search and fix the MBR as well but to no avail I don't want to format my PC again I have managed to remove the drive letter of the system reserved partition and assign letter C to the D drive But then I got a message on rebooting BOOTMGR missing press CTRL ALT DEL Then again I have tried to repair the bootmgr by BOOTREC fixboot this removed the BOOTMGR missing error but got me back to where I started that is a BLACK screen after windows logo I am still not able to get the LOGIN SCREEN don't know why Please help

A:Black Screen with Mouse Pointer instead of Login Screen

Have you tried Startup Repair from the Win7 installation DVD?
Have you tried System Restore to a point in time before these errors occurred?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/110305-black-screen-mouse-pointer-instead-login-screen.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Ocassionally, while working in any application, my mouse pointer will 'stick' in one place on the screen, but the mouse itself still functions, you just can't see where it is on the screen. Re-booting temporarily corrects the problem. I've tried different mouses. I've re-installed the mouse driver. I've re-installed my video display driver. This is a brand new system with an Athlon AMD processer and an Asus motherboard. VIA Prosavage video. I use Windows 98. Please HELP!!
Brent

A:Mouse pointer hangs on screen, mouse still works 'invisibly'

Try a new video and mose driver from the manufacturers web site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-pointer-hangs-on-screen-mouse-still-works-invisibly.72298/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello,I am desperate for help. My laptop will turn on. And I can type in my password. But then when the computer loads it takes a very long time and when it gets to the desktop the keyboard, the mouse, the touchpad, and the touch screen won't work. I can see everything on my desktop. But I cannot open anything or do anything at all. How can I fix this?Thank you!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-mouse-touch-pad-and-touch-screen-won-t-work/td-p/5824972
Relevancy 87.72%

I want to buy this mouse to better work with my laptop.
Can somebody give me some feedback on how this glas pane works instead of a scrollwheel? Handling, etc.

A:Logitech Touch Mouse 400 for a Laptop with no touch screen

Sorry I can't answer your question, but this post piqued my interest. I use the Logitech 620 touch mouse on a Windows 7 box at work. I find a little touchy and has to tweaked. But I haven't tried the 620 on Windows 8. Because I'm always looking for the perfect mouse, I think I might just pick up the 400 tonight and let you know.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/23647-logitech-touch-mouse-400-laptop-no-touch-screen.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello all I am having a slight problem whats going on is that my computer will not boot it gets to the windows logo then it goes to a black screen where i can move my mouse but after about secs it restarts on its own it does this in all safe modes and in regular mode I tried doing Black w/mouse pointer Screen a system repair but it said that it could not fix start up i tried a few fixes i seen around the net but none of them work i tired hitting shift times on the black screen i tried to hit ctrl alt del it didnt work i tried system repair from hdd and the win Black Screen w/mouse pointer disk and neither of them work someone please tell me you can help me out because there is no way possible i can lose my information I have learned my lesson about backups trust me i have to anyone that can help me i will give million dollars in my dr evil voice not really giving out a million dollars Black Screen w/mouse pointer but i will give a million thank yous

A:Black Screen w/mouse pointer

Hi! hardheaded, welcome to 7F

Try this:
UNPLUG THE LAPTOP
REMOVE THE BATTERY
HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON FOR ABOUT 30 SECONDS TO 2 MINUTES
THEN PUT THE BATTERY BACK IN
START IT UP..

It might not completly cure it, but it should at least get it to a point where you can get back into it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/142909-black-screen-w-mouse-pointer.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I'm running windows XP pro. I up graded my video card to Ati Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB. I picked up on ebay for $30. On the boot screen the lines are up and down all over it is even hard make out. The next screen is fine working great. Then the windows load screen is messed up. The welcome screen is fine and clear of lines then right before going to the desktop screen the mouse pointer disappears it is their but can not be seen the lines are gone but so is the mouse pointer? Every time I reboot more lines are removed still no mouse pointer? What is this. running micro star mainboard 1200 mz athlon cpu ,512mg memory keystone. Dragon eye scepter montior.

A:Why is lines on my screen and on mouse pointer???????

It might be that the graphics card is faulty.

Could you try your card in another computer in order to see if you get the same result?

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-lines-on-my-screen-and-on-mouse-pointer.17606/
Relevancy 85.14%

Does anyone have any idea why the pointer to my mouse falls off the screen I was online and sent an e-mail and then the mouse cursor fell off the left side of the screen and will not come back I ve connected three different mouses mice One to the standard mouse port didn t work One to the usb port cordless doesn t work One to the usb port trackball doesn t work You can fling the trackball and make the cursor fly up onto the screen and it falls nearly as fast down to the bottom left and disappears I ve run spybot search and destroy and removed all problems found My Norton Antivirus is expired but I can t download the new one because I can t navigate their site Mouse pointer screen falls off I ve tried to install a disc copy and the installation stops and says that a newer version is installed and needs to be removed before I can install the version and try to run a Norton virus scan I ve re-installed the Logitech mouse software Nothing has worked Has anyone heard of this and know how to fix it nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

Windows Vista bit sp Main OS Windows SP bit secondary OS Intel C D E Screen Mouse pointer!!! with Black Transcend GB Ram DDR Sapphire ATI HD Seagate GB WD GB I was facing this black screen with the mouse when I logged in Then after surfing the net I found it is called the Black Screen of Death I tried the Prevx fix by accessing the explorer exe through the Task Manager Nothing Happened I Black Screen with Mouse pointer!!! tried - times I have tried registry Fixers and cleaners Still nothing happened Whenever I click on My computer which I have accessed thru explorer exe It shows That explorer exe is not associated with any program and I need to provide a program thru Default Programs I tried a registry fix called explorer reg from the net Nothing Happened I tried the SFC scannow command from the Command Prompt with Black Screen with Mouse pointer!!! Administrator privileges I showed it could not fix all problems It just changed my logon screen to the default blue one I also tried the Repair Install as given in your forums But it showed that my Windows is more recent I have attached the compatibility report as PDF I think its because I have Win SP installed Then I tried to remove SP form the updates I couldnt do it by any method starting from the Installed updates page then through Command prompt and also Disk Cleanup to remove the Service Pack Backup files It is always showing an error of corrupt files or something I have tried accessing it thru Safe Mode and also Last Known Good Configuration It still shows Black Screen with only mouse pointer One big problem is that I cant seem to find any System Restore points so I couldnt do thru System Restore I also tried Start Up repair But this also didnt help Please help me as I don't want to do a clean re-install as I have lots of games in it even though I can copy their save games I want to format as a last option

A:Black Screen with Mouse pointer!!!

I got something similar to that once and I had absolutely no idea what to do. The way I got around it was by restoring the system from a system restore point, which thankfully a program I installed made just the day before so I lost almost nothing. I don't know if your problem is exactly the same, but the system restore point worked perfectly for me. Press F8 or F5 (Can't remember which) as Windows starts to get to the options menu and choose system repair, and there should be an option for system restore on the options menu it will provide. Sorry if this doesn't help, then I got nothing except maybe putting the HDD in another computer and backing up important files that way, then doing a clean install of Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/182153-black-screen-mouse-pointer.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Dell latitude
windows XP professional
service pack 3
Norton Anti virus
last time I turned it on I got a message from Norton that it had blocked URL something or other from gaining entry to my computer And then it froze up.
So I held the power button down and shut it of
when I tried to restart it will only go to blue screen and with a mouse pointer and stop. I have tried several times to restart but nothing in normal start mode
although it will start in safe mode
I tried to do system restore but it can restore to any date I have tried so far
help please

A:blue screen with a mouse pointer

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Have you tried booting using Last Known Good Configuration?

If that didn't work, run the tools below in Safe Mode with Networking.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/blue-screen-with-a-mouse-pointer-500315.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi,
I'm using MDT to deploy Windows 7 to a variety of different hardware models. For the most part, it works without any issue. Today, I was deploying to a Dell OptiPlex 9010. When the deployment finished, there was nothing but a black screen and a moveable
mouse cursor. No errors, or anything. Rebooting the machine brings one back to the black screen. Safe Mode does not load. Where should I start to look for answers as to why this happens? I've successfully deployed to other 9010s before.
Thanks
Jason

Jason

A:Black Screen with Mouse Pointer

Startup repair ? 
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows7/products/features/startup-repair
Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading
the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/831a89e3-d2ac-4183-a952-c1478cbaeabd/black-screen-with-mouse-pointer?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 85.14%

Ok so I m working on an older computer running xp and a gb hdd I decided to upgrade the system and built out a new case mobo cpu ram and gb hdd Usually pointer a screen black with mouse I just clone the old drive to the new one stick it in the new box and uninstall old drivers then install the new ones This time it didn t go so well The original computer had a virus on it yesterday I don t know which one but was told malewarebytes removed it Today before cloning it it scanned clean and operated After the clone I put the new hdd with the old image into the new box and it goes past the windows xp splash screen to the black screen after and hangs The screen is black with only a mouse pointer visible I booted in safe mode with the same result The last thing that flashed on the screen was loading the mup sys file then screen goes black and mouse pointer I have tried scans with malwarebytes combofix avast I have tried putting the new drive back into the old computer and it still boots up there Just not in the new computer I have tried chkdsk p r which said it corrected an error I have done the black screen with a mouse pointer fixmbr and the bootcfg No change with black screen with a mouse pointer anything I ran windows repair no change Ran windows repair from a black screen with a mouse pointer different cdrw no change This is feeling like an issue with the drivers but how can I remove the old drivers without being able to get into safe mode Also the old computer is no longer accessible to me Ideas

A:black screen with a mouse pointer

also to make sure it wasn't an outright hardware issue, I put in a new hdd and loaded a fresh copy of windows (no image) and it loaded and booted up just fine. Something is in the image I'm working with

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332108/black-screen-with-a-mouse-pointer/
Relevancy 85.14%

My mouse pointer keeps jumping all around the screen activating menus dialog boxes windows etc sometimes almost deleting or changing things I'm using an AOpen PS wired -button mouse and awaiting the delivery of a new Microsoft Basic USB Optical mouse which may solve all my problems with this one Until then I'm stuck with a system that's practically unusable Below is my HijackThis info I hope it gives you what you need I appreciate your help Thank you I've also attached the extra txt and Panda online scan report to this message Frank D edit removed e-mail address to protect user's privacy P S I was advised since I'm having so much trouble with my mouse jumps over pointer the all Mouse screen that I should skip Steps and and go directly to Step Deckard's System Scanner v Run by frank on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Unsigned driver install - - UTC - RP - Restore Operation - - UTC - RP - Installed CallingID - - UTC - RP - Removed CallingID -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service Backed up registry hives Performed disk Mouse pointer jumps all over the screen cleanup Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis run as frank exe ----------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Mouse pointer jumps all over the screen svchost exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System dmadmin exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C Documents and Settings frank Desktop Downloads dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK frank exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http news google com news ned ePk ExpeYAAPwbGr R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO no name - - E BD F- B D- E- FF-FD B BE C - no file O - BHO no name - - C B A - E - -B E-A E C - no file O - BHO no name - - AA ED - DD- D - -CF F - no file O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO no name - BD A-A - AA - E - F EA - no file O - BHO no name - A B D-DE - - - BA C C - no file O - BHO no name - C AE C - - DDC-B -C AFB F AE - no file O - HKLM Run StartupDelayer quot C Program Files Startup Delayer Startup Launcher GUI exe quot O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run WinPatrol C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe -expressboot O - HKCU Run UninstallAbility quot C Program Files UninstallAbility uability exe quot AUTO O - HKCU Run Iconoid quot C Program Files Iconoid iconoid exe quot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce Printing Migration rundll exe C WINDOWS System spool migrate dll ProcessWin xNetworkPrinters User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'Default user' O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce Printing Migration r... Read more

A:Mouse pointer jumps all over the screen

TechSupport Gurus: Would you believe this . . . ???? Just as I sent the previous message (with the HijackThis info) to your forum, there was a knock on my door and a neighbor presented me with a package containing my long-awaited Microsoft Basic USB Optical mouse. It had been mis-delivered to his address by FedEx. If I had only received it a minute earlier, I would not have sent my previous message or now be writing this message!!! I immediately removed my old mouse from its PS/2 socket and plugged in the new mouse to the USB port and BEHOLD!!! The mouse was detected and my pointer jumping problem is gone!!!!

My theory is that some recent Microsoft update (all of which I download and install religiously) made the assumption that _all_ mice at this stage of the Windows game is either a USB mouse or at least is a wheel-mouse. So (I think) the problems I was having was just a mouse function that was looking for a wheel to twirl when there was none. Whatever, I'm back where I want to be. Thank you for being there for folks like me when we need you! Where else could we turn? Thanks again!!!

Frank D

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/mouse-pointer-jumps-all-over-the-screen-219208.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I am running Vista Home on a toshiba laptop Satellite. When I boot up you see windows loading and the time stripe bar then Black screen, no buttons, no bars or text, just white mouse pointer. I do not have or have made an original boot disk. What is my next option?
thanks for any replys
Bubba Jay

A:Can't see screen, just mouse pointer after bootup

When did this start happening? Did it work before? Try booting to Last Known Good Configuratio: press F8 on startup until Advanced Boot Options Menu appears. Select Last Known Good.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-see-screen-just-mouse-pointer-after-bootup-569939.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello Everyone I just got my computer back from being formatted and have noticed that now the pointer moves all the way off the screen to the right Usually the pointer stops within the screen but now for some reason it goes off the screen I had thought I was having a problem with my mouse but this is how the computer was setup with I got it back the right moving to Pointer off the screen Mouse I have Mouse Pointer moving off the screen to the right noticed post on this forum with people asking how to set this up on their computer but it doesn t seem to be an answer or I just don t understand the answer I would like to know how to remove disable it its driving me crazy The scroll bar at the bottom of the screen doesn t appear when I m on the internet because of this setup so I don t see everything on the screen because I can t move the page Any help with be appreciated Thank you Brandii nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

I am working on a Dell Inspiron GB RAM GB HDD Win Home Premium X which gets a black screen after log in screen with active mouse cursor Computer does boot into safe mode I have tried everything in the book and nothing seems to work I could Log-In after Black Screen, Pointer Mouse use some help I have tried Black Screen, Mouse Pointer after Log-In the following - Uplugged and drained power from computer reseated HDD RAM cables etc - Performed System Diagnostics and test via the boot sector memory test all passed - System Restore and Last known good configuration - MBR Repair via the Recovery Disk Ran chkdsk r and sfc scannow chkdsk returned The first NTFS boot sector is unreliable or corrupt Reading second boot sector insteasd and resumed the rest of the chkdsk operation After it finished it also mentioned that the MFT mirror is corrupeted lt lt lt lt lt ATTENTION or MFT is missing or something I am sure this has something to do with this sfc returned no errors fixed MBR fixed boot and rebuilt BCD - Virus Scan and removal of some Junk and a Severe Threat Virus with MalwareBytes Eset Rkill Windows Safety Scanner Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit all came out clean in the second round of scans - Install and uninstall video driver updated driver ATI Radeon - Explorer exe in task list RUN gt New task did not work either Also checked regedit and it is in registry where it should be - msconfig gt startup disabled the unnecessary programs - Ran Windows all in one Repair Utility I have not tried - a new power supply or cmos battery - reset BIOS - change Legacy to UEFI simply i don't see it on BIOS gt BOOT Please Help I appreciate it Thank You forum

A:Black Screen, Mouse Pointer after Log-In

Have you tried creating a new user profile in Safe Mode and logging into it? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612204/black-screen-mouse-pointer-after-log-in/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello I have recently bought a new computer with the nvidea gtx It worked perfectly for about a week then when I was installing direx x mouse Screen! only. With Help! pointer Black or something which didn't install completly When I restarted my computer it started the little orbs but then when there is usually the log on screen it just shows up as a black screen with a fully functional Black Screen! With mouse pointer only. Help! mouse pointer but nothing to click on I have no clue what would of have caused this I did install a system mechanics program that did some weird typing in white on a black screen before startup and my sector ram sticks of gb was running at about - percent while running borderlands and percent while running just explorer and other windows Is that a normal percentage Please help for I have no clue how to fix this problem I'm pretty sure it was the gpu but really have no clue Now I have a doller brick Poop Please help for this is muy frustrating seeing as a just bought this rig Thanks for reading

A:Black Screen! With mouse pointer only. Help!

Hi.

Turn off pc. Remove tv and any 2nd monitor. Leave only 1 monitor attached and nothing else.

Boot to Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/39487-black-screen-mouse-pointer-only-help.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi im a bit of a noob when it comes to computers but will try to explain my problem the best I can I have a Sony Vaio laptop which runs with Vista and last night was playing a game when the game froze followed by the computer so I had to force the computer to shut down holding down the power button When I tried to reboot it asked me to Pointer) (No Mouse Screen Black either start in normal mode or in startup recovery but both options both lead to the loading Black Screen (No Mouse Pointer) bar and then a fully black screen no mouse pointer I then tried to run in safe mode of which gave many lines of code but keeps stopping at the same point in which a blue screen flashes for about a second then it restarts itself Vista was already built in so I don't have a CD to try other methods of rebooting and I REALLY don't want to restore because their's alot of work related files I need to get back PLEASE can anyone shed some light on my problem

A:Black Screen (No Mouse Pointer)

Against rules to double post. I wll help you with the post that you originally made.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/282980-black-screen-no-mouse-pointer.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Im having problems loading windows XP on a Dell Inspiron laptop E1405.

It will boot and load windows in any of the safe modes.

But trying to load windows normally it will go from the XP LOGO window to a black screen with nothing but the mouse pointer.

In Safe mode I have already used PC Tools Spyware, Spybot SD, and SD FIX to remove all the trojans and malwares the computer presented.

I can not make a system restore since the PC was packed with trojans, after removing everything that the programs show, I am still unable to load windows normally, it will do the same as in th ebeggining. XP logo into a Black screen with nothing but a mouse pointer.

Can someone Help Me please.

A:Black Screen with mouse pointer

Run chkdsk in Safe Mode.Right click on the C drive in Explorer and go Properties > Tools > Check Now (under Error Checking). Check both boxes then click "Start Now". A message will pop up saying that Error Checking will run after you restart the computer. Restart the computer and Error Checking will run automatically after the restart. After it?s finished it will restart into Windows automatically.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/175849/black-screen-with-mouse-pointer/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi I am having a pecular problem I am running XP Pro SP and everything is going along good until I suddenly can t click on anything The arrow moves and the item reacts as if it has been clicked but nothing happens No menus no actions The only thing I have noticed is that when I run a certain application RouteMatch TS --I work for a transit company I get a quot Run Time Error quot before this happens Sometimes there is not an error preceding it I figured this was a problem but screen, moving nothing pointer mouse happens on with the RouteMatch software because it has mouse pointer moving on screen, but nothing happens so many issues to begin with but then It started happening on the Windows desktop as well I consulted with my fellow IT person here and neither of us has seen this before I ran Malwarebytes and it came up negative no viruses according to Norton not that it means much coming from Norton and I disabled a few processes from starting with msconfig Anyone have any other thoughts

A:mouse pointer moving on screen, but nothing happens

Have you tried a different mouse yet?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266224/mouse-pointer-moving-on-screen-but-nothing-happens/
Relevancy 85.14%

Recently my computer has not been loading windows up intill the login screen I get to see the little circle color things swirl around with the quot Loading Windows Black Screen with mouse Help! pointer. quot Black Screen with mouse pointer. Help! text but were the login screen usually appears I get a totally black screen with a movable mouse pointer It is a brand new rig with g RAM g sticks and I am running the bit version but wounder if this is causing the problem Also when I try to do a system restore using the windows disc I must first go into the settings by pressing DEL on start up then set my bay drive to boot first rather then my SATA to get the quot Press any button to boot from disc quot prompt Otherwise windows will ignore the disc However when I load the disc and try to go into restore points there are none to choose from I have no clue what to do and am willing to just install windows complelty again ext Please help

A:Black Screen with mouse pointer. Help!

Quote: Originally Posted by Need Help

Recently my computer has not been loading windows 7 up intill the login screen. I get to see the little circle color things swirl around with the "Loading Windows" text, but were the login screen usually appears, I get a totally black screen with a movable mouse pointer. It is a brand new rig with 4g RAM (2g sticks) and I am running the 64 bit version but wounder if this is causing the problem. Also when I try to do a system restore using the windows disc, I must first go into the settings (by pressing DEL on start up), then set my bay drive to boot first rather then my SATA to get the "Press any button to boot from disc... " prompt. Otherwise windows will ignore the disc. However when I load the disc and try to go into restore points, there are none to choose from.... I have no clue what to do and am willing to just install windows complelty again ext. Please help!

When you go into the Install CD Recovery Options try selecting Start-Up Repair. Let it do it's "magic" and then reboot. If it hasn't worked, then run it three times. If it still doesn't please report back.

ZeshanA

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/50489-black-screen-mouse-pointer-help.html
Relevancy 85.14%

For no apparent reason the mouse pointer has started jumping randomly over the screen. At times it goes on a half-minute or so round-the-world trip, activating a lot of blank menus and options. I've had to shut down the PC a couple of times today because I totally lost control of what was going on. This just started yesterday. Any ideas?
Thank you.

Frank D

A:Mouse pointer jumps all over the screen

Well, have you tried using a different mouse and seeing if the same problem occurs? That would narrow it down. Tell us what kind of mouse this is, too. Is it wireless?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-pointer-jumps-all-over-the-screen-215828.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a Aspire ES1 Dual Core I have been trying to boot it up but I am getting a blank screen but can see the mouse

A:Screen blank but can see the mouse pointer

Did you recently installed any hardware or software?Try to tap F8 during startup... and try to enter into safe mode.Try this steps also,1. Remove the ram sticks (Clean with a soft lint free cloth while they are out) 2. Remove the power cord and battery 3. Hold the power button for 58 seconds 4. Replace everything.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/screen-blank-but-can-see-the-mouse-pointer/1906.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I received warning that my fans arent running one time and I shut down computer checked screen with Black help pointer.... mouse Need fans Black screen with mouse pointer.... Need help everything worked perfect again My younger brother was playing WoW on that computer for several days after that warning came out and one day he couldnt turn on computer He claims he didnt do anything which I highly doubt Windows Vista startup screen goes up and when it should show me the desktop and icons i get BLACK SCREEN with mouse pointer I first cleaned computer from dust - Same problem Tried Last Good Known Config - Same Problem I tried to open it in Safe Mode and it worked There I did System Restore couple days back before and still Black screen with mouse pointer.... Need help Same Problem In Safe Mode I disabled all unknown Startup Programs and still Same Problem So if anyone has any ideas how to fix this please help me i dont know what to do anymore My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium and if you need other computer specs just ask Thx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-mouse-pointer-need-help-509020.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I've got a Dell Precision M90 laptop that was *apparently* recovered and after recovery has gone in to this state. After the Dell Bios screen the machine shows the Windows 7 boot up screen, appears to be booting normally, then goes to black screen with just a white mouse pointer. I've attempted to boot in to safe mode with no success (same result). I've tried booting from DVD but when I do that it just goes to a black screen with a blinking white cursor in upper left corner.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...I've seen many of these types of issues on the web, but nothing seems to work.

A:After splash screen, mouse pointer only...

Usually I would say those symptoms could be several things but not limited to:

1.) Corrupt partition table, MBR, BCD, etc on the hard drive
2.) Physically failing hard drive
3.) Malware infection on the computer.

..but...since you mentioned a previous recovery was done, what was the reason for the recovery and how was it done?

When you mention you tried to boot from the DVD, what exactly do you mean? Did you change the options in BIOS to "Boot from CD/DVD (etc)", or did you choose "Boot from CD/DVD" after the PC booted at some point?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-splash-screen-mouse-pointer-only.979931/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello,
My laptop didn't reboot wen i restarted it.. so i decided to recover using the recovery disk.. But wen it reached the last cd, the recovery failed. So i decided to choose to delete all files.. after formatting, wen I reboot it appears, BOOTMGR missing. so I used windows 7 cd installer, planning to reinstall my OS.. i restarted, reboot on cd/dvd, then "windows loading" appears.. after that black screen with appears.. wmouse pointer appears.. what shall I do with it? can anyone help me please? thanks.!
Laptop: toshiba A665

A:black screen with mouse pointer

Hello confused , welcome to Seven Forums!

If you deleted the Toshiba built in Recovery partition this may not work, have a look at the information box below but also have a look at this tutorial at this link below for another idea and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

Clean Install : Factory COA Activation Key

Information

Toshiba Factory Recovery

Be advised: this erases all data, and reloads all factory default software. Be sure to back up all your important personal data beforehand!

To access the Toshiba recovery partition, power off the laptop. Hold down the 0 (zero) key and turn the laptop on. Keep holding down the zero key until the TOSHIBA logo appears, where you should start tapping the zero key repeatedly.
Stop if the unit beeps or when the TOSHIBA logo disappears. The screen should flash ** HDD RECOVERY MODE ** for a split second, then load the Toshiba recovery program right from the hard drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/179634-black-screen-mouse-pointer.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi first off sorry i'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this in since On-screen Mouse Problem Pointer I'm not sure if this is hardware of software I have an HP Pavilion tx us laptop running Windows Vista x and it has a touchpad a wacom enabled screen and touchscreen The problem I'm having is that the mouse pointer on-screen somtimes just suddenly teleports down to On-screen Mouse Pointer Problem the taskbar And I think it also clicks once since On-screen Mouse Pointer Problem sometimes the volume control suddenly comes up or whatever else is on the taskbar This happens when using my touchpad external mouse and the wacom pen I dont really use the touchscreen very often I have tried resetting the touchpad on the mouse settings in quot Properties quot from desktop right click menu I also tried downloading a driver from HP's website for my laptop's touchpad and that also didn't work since the driver I have installed is newer It's not always like this though it used to happen a lot less and all I had to do then was restart and it's ok But now I've already restarted twice but still I can't get rid of this problem Could it also be caused by some other stuff like my Comodo firewall or by Yahoo Messenger beta I tried searching the net for an answer but i cant seem to find one So please anyone who can help in anyway please do Thanks D

A:On-screen Mouse Pointer Problem

Have you tried using an external mouse to see if it behaves the same way? I'd suspect an issue with the touchpad (or the Wacom screen) - usually something's stuck there.

FWIW, I experience some unexplained cursor drift occasionally on my new tablet with a Wacom screen - so it could be a software glitch also.

Finally, I'd suggest disabling each device in the Device Manager to see if it stops the drift. Once you locate the offending piece of software, then we can start trying to fix that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153424/on-screen-mouse-pointer-problem/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a lenovo think pad x220 tablet using on a wireless network, if I am not constantly moving the mouse pointer (regardless if I use the touch pad or a mouse) it will suddenly jump to a different point on the screen, opens programs on its own. It took a long time to write this message due to the cursor jumping off the typing area. When i place the cursor back to whatever I am doing, a little picture of a keyboard comes up. When the computer is sitting idle it even occurs, you can watch the mouse pointer disappear and reappear in a different spot on the screen. It highlights desktop icons, opens programs. I am starting to wonder if someone has a remote connection and is messing with me. Sometimes it happens quickly and other times slower, it is worst when I first turn on the computer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:Mouse pointer jumps around the screen

Here is a start, could easy be an infection.What AV & malware tools do you have installed?Disable ?Allow computer to turn off this device to save power? http://windows7themes.net/disable-a...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817900http://www.devicedriverfinder.com/b...http://www.guidenet.net/resources/u...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/mouse-pointer-jumps-around-the-screen/203010.html
Relevancy 84.28%

ok this happened the first time a few days ago I booted up like normal clicked on my user name to log in came back minutes later with my coffee black screen with mouse pointer so ok I hold down the power button and do a complete shutdown I reboot normally and hello desktop now pointer black with screen to boot mouse today I boot click on my user name boot to black screen with mouse pointer come back with my coffee black screen with mouse pointer so I try something boot to black screen with mouse pointer different I drop it into standby by closing the laptop's lid wait till I've got the blinking front power light that says 'standby' then open it click my user to unlock and desktop I've researched this on the net and the causes run the gamut I can confirm no driver hardware or software changes have been done since last month when I updated adobe flash I have run multiple antivirus scans spyware scans and subjected the machine to a complete scan with malware bytes all results come up clean I'm confused here as to whats going on

A:boot to black screen with mouse pointer

Go to search by the start button
type event viewer
go to adminsitrative and look for errors about that time.
To me sounds like it might be the graphics card/driver

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298314-boot-black-screen-mouse-pointer.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi 
I have a problem with my laptop running windows 7 home premium.
After the windows logo i get a black desktop with moveable mouse pointer.
Nothing else.

I dont have the original cd and any iso's i try to put to a usb dont do anything

I cannot start in safe mode, last known config etc

I have downloaded kaspersky rescue disk 10 but it wont scan due to malfunction

I cant do a system repair

Am at a total loss here

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in anticipation

Howard

A:black screen with moveable mouse pointer

Do you have access to another Windows 7 computer to create a System Repair Disk? What is the make and model of the computer? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/626738/black-screen-with-moveable-mouse-pointer/
Relevancy 84.28%

Every few minutes my monitor screen freezes for 20 to 60 seconds. The mouse pointer still moves, but neither mouse nor keyboard commands have any effect. I have installed all updates for both XP and for Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900.

My system has:
Pentium 4 630 (3.0GHz)
2 GB PC-3200 DDR RAM
XP Media Center, SP 2 with all updates.
I use one monitor for two computers via a Belkin "Flip" A/B switch.

Relevancy 84.28%

I have a Dell laptop that boots to a black screen with only a mouse pointer OS - Windows HP b This is what I have done so far I have run mouse only. Black Windows 7 pointer Screen both the onboard and PCDoctor Windows 7 Black Screen mouse pointer only. diagnostics purchased the professional version All hardware has passed I tried to do a system restore but it failed because it was unable to extract a file from the restore point malware file so I removed the hard drive and mounted it in my Linux machine and manually copied the hives from RegBack to system config and put the ones that were origionaly there into a backup folder This allowed me to boot to the desktop where I ran MalwareBytes and found traces After removing these it is again booting only to a black screen with a mouse pointer Safemode produces the same results I cannot access Taskmanager by any means right click does not appear to work I am able to mount the registry offline and the HKLM Software Microsoft WindowsNT Winlogon apears to be all correct Shell is Explorer exe Explorer exe is located on the HDD in the proper places I am very comfortable working in the registry and with Windows in general however I am stumped on this one Another set of eyes on this would be appreciated Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491992/windows-7-black-screen-mouse-pointer-only/
Relevancy 84.28%

So I'm posting this for a friend. They have a Dell Dimension E521 desktop running Vista. Last night they just went to restart the computer, and when it went to start back up it went to run Chkdsk (I think that's how it's spelled). Well, before that finished running, they restarted it again and then got a blue screen when it started up. So they shut it down again and when they restarted, the blue screen was gone and the windows loading screen was there (with the windows logo and the blue bar underneath). But when it went to load, it only loaded a black screen. The mouse pointer was still visible and you could move it, but that was it. The same thing happens when you go to start it in safe mode. It just keeps reloading with the black screen and the movable mouse pointer.
Any ideas? The computer was running fine before this happened.

A:Black Screen with Visible Mouse Pointer

Did the computer shutdown unexpectedly, that may be the reason the Chkdsk started to run. Have they recently installed any new hardware/ software which may have caused the problem. Could also be a virus.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-visible-mouse-pointer-326997.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I bought a new MS cordless optical mouse a month or so back. All went okay till last week when i started getting my mouse pointer jumping to the corner of the screen. I have to wait, sometimes as much as 10 mins, before full control returns to the mouse. This problem seems to be getting more frequent recently, and happens almost everytime i am on the computer now. Is this a driver problem? Is anyone else suffering with this prob??

Running XP pro SP2.

Relevancy 84.28%

Pc shut down when I was not close to it and it will not get into windows again. I installed win disk and got to System revovery option - everything I tried in it failed. I run FRSt64 and it found ZEROACCESS.
This is as far as I got. Anybody please I need help....... thanks in advance......Inge

A:blank screen just mouse pointer showing

You can initiate a topic, following Steps 6-8 of Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html .  Post topic, along with your FRST log (if possible) in the forum containing the Prep Guide.

If you cannot run/post logs, initate new topic in that forum and clearly indicate that you cannot post logs and provide any details which might those trying to help you.

Once that is done, this topic will be closed.

Thanks .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510345/blank-screen-just-mouse-pointer-showing/
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a Sony Vaio laptop with licensed Windows Vista Home Premium -bit and screen mouse pointer Blue/Black Yesterday it crashed and is only displaying an error message File Boot BCD Status xc Info The Windows Boot Configuration Data file is missing required information According to this document Error message when you start Windows Vista quot The Windows Boot Configuration Data file is missing required information quot I have to repair my computer I have three recovery disks only but Blue/Black screen and mouse pointer not original Blue/Black screen and mouse pointer Windows install disks I insert the first recovery disk Laptop reads the disk and displays the options to choose It gave me two options Start VAIO Recovery Center Repair Windows Vista -bit I choose the default hilighted option Then it displays quot Windows is loading files quot message and then a progress bar and quot Microsoft Corparation quot After this nothing happens Blue/Black screen and mouse pointer All I see on the screen is the mouse pointer but the screen itself is blank blue black For hours and hours nothing happens Are my recovery disks also bad What options I have now to recover repair

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/301721-blue-black-screen-mouse-pointer.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I'm on WinXP SP2.The mouse pointer's got stuck in the middle of the screen.Initially i thought it was a hardware issue so i unplugged it into the CPU jack and restarted my PC but to no avail.What do i do?

A:Mouse Pointer stuck in the middle of the screen

I tried uninstalling the mouse driver but the device manager shows no 'Mice and pointing devices'.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-pointer-stuck-in-the-middle-of-the-screen-600270.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello I have a pc desktop Compac Presario gig hd mem Just recently I tried turning my computer on instead of it loading the login screen it said quot loading files quot with a white bar that showed progress It then turned black with a loading green and black small bar THEN goes to a soild blue screen with a moveable pointer mouse No matter what pointer mouse Blue screen, moveable I ve tried it all goes back to the solid blue screen no codes I can tap Blue screen, moveable mouse pointer F continually Blue screen, moveable mouse pointer and the boot menu will come up and I tried every option safe mode safe mode with networking boot from last known good configuration etc So I called HP and did an online diagnostics as well as performed many tests The hardware and memory checked out good and was diagnosed over the phone as a quot software issue and sent me a free system recovery disk but warned me to back up all my files before doing the recovery as I would lose all my data Is there an easier way to get my computer back or do I have to back up all my files prior to trying the system recovery Another firm said my operating system needed to be re-installed so I m at my wits end and my entire life is on this computer Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-moveable-mouse-pointer.1056954/
Relevancy 84.28%

I changed a mouse and video card. After all my mouse pointer going out of right and bottom screen area, I have not this before. I keep same 1024x768 like before, but maybe is it still graphic settings problem? Have any idea?

A:Mouse pointer out of right&bottom screen area

You need to go into control panel - display - settings, and disable the "second monitor" that your system thinks it has.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-pointer-out-of-right-bottom-screen-area.188012/
Relevancy 84.28%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm Mobile Technology ML- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI MOBILITY RADEON Xpress Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard B Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled This info above is not for the PC in trouble I have an ACER laptop and it all of a sudden went to a blue screen and then tried to black mouse 7 screen with Windows pointer reboot to a black screen with mouse pointer only Tried my win upgrade CD to see if I could repair and it only loads to the same end No options are asked for The blue screen has appeared a couple of times and states a unusable boot sector I would like to run a checkdisk but cannot find one to put on a memory stick with a minimal operating system Windows 7 black screen with mouse pointer Any help would be appreciated I have tried all the reboot choices F F and F I tried to use an old windows XP install CD and Windows 7 black screen with mouse pointer when I select install it says a HDD can not be found nbsp

A:Windows 7 black screen with mouse pointer

Welcome to Tech Support Guy
This info above is not for the PC in troubleClick to expand...

so may I presume then it is totally irrelevant, insofar as it has no relationship whatsoever to the computer with the problem

Now the next question is -
On the Acer that is the problem
What please is the full model details
Which operating system is installed Windows 7 as an upgrade from the original and if so which windows 7 please
What happens when you try and boot to F8 advanced boot options please
Why would you attempt to install XP if it is 7.

I am sorry I cannot follow what OS you have
Did the blue screen have any message in otherwords was it a BSOD = Blue Screen of Death

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-black-screen-with-mouse-pointer.1080795/
Relevancy 84.28%

I ve been having startup problems with Vista recently so I and Boot Mouse on Pointer :( Black Screen thought it would be a good idea to reinstall this Black Screen and Mouse Pointer on Boot :( The first time I tried from the desktop choosing a clean installation as I do not wish to keep any files it all went fine except when finished all i was left with was a black screen and a mouse pointer which didn t respond to anything not ctrl alt del not pressing shift times nothing just a black screen just after it had finished quot completing installation quot I m unable to start it up at all so I ve booted from the DVD and tried reinstalling it but have the same problem i ve formatted it and installed it i ve tried starting in safe mode i ve tried the repairing option but nothing works i really don t know what to do I don t think it s do with the hardware or anything If I install the full Windows OS will that work Because if so I d definitely take that choice PLEASE HELP Also I m not sure if this of any significance but it never asks me for the key doesn t seem to need to I assume because it had Vista pre-installed when I got the laptop thanks in advance for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-and-mouse-pointer-on-boot.919125/
Relevancy 84.28%

I am running Normal XP and the mouse pointer (serial Mouse) will not move. In fact, when the pointer is seen on the black monitor screen just before the startup list of names, (immediately after the Microsoft logo and blue dot loading indicator against the black background) the pointer is solid. I exchanged the mouse with one from another computer which I knew works, and it appears it is not the mouse's fault. Tried safe mode to do a system restore and no luck. How can I ascertain the problem without a mouse to navigate the menus?

Relevancy 84.28%

It is hard to move my mouse pointer. The mouse ball on bottom rolls but pointer does not move very well. It keeps stopping. I reconnected the wiring but that is not the problem. What should I do? Thank you.

Relevancy 84.28%

I'm currently using a Logitech MX Performance mouse and about a week ago it started going off screen to the far right and getting stuck there for a few moments. I have to jiggle the mouse around until it reappears. It's stops like it's supposed to when it hits the left side of the screen. I tried a different mouse and the same thing happens.

Any ideas???

A:All of a sudden mouse pointer gets stuck off screen.

I have the exact same mouse and problem. I sure hope someone has a fix for it!!!! Just been living with it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309552-all-sudden-mouse-pointer-gets-stuck-off-screen.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I cannot get my computer to boot. It just goes to a black screen with the mouse pointer. It will not open in safe mode. I tried booting from XP CD but it goes to the same black screen/w mouse pointer.

I already have backups of all my files and want to just reinstall windows XP but I cannot get it to boot from disc?!!!

I took the hard drive and put it in another computer as slave, I could access my files that way. But then I removed the other computers hard drive and put in this one as its only drive and it did the same thing.

It is a SATA drive if that makes any difference.

A:OS problems; black screen with mouse pointer

BUMP... Do you need any more specific details?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/os-problems-black-screen-with-mouse-pointer.869888/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello, I have a Dell laptop 15R 2nd Gen i-5 processor running Windows 7 Home 64bit.

The problem I am having is this: Mouse disappears on right side of screen. The entire right side of screen (not just in the lower corner). If I move the mouse 6 inches to the right off screen, then I would have to move it 6 inches to the left again until it re-appears. If I moved the pointer 1 foot to the right, I would have to move it 1 foot to the left until the pointer re-appeared again.

It's as if the pointer kept going on to a hidden screen??

A:Mouse Pointer disappears RIGHT side of screen

Looks like a mismatch between physical resolution and the larger virtual desktop resolution. Should that be the case, a few users prefer the larger space to work with and can navigate and bring into view the unseen parts as needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/260579-mouse-pointer-disappears-right-side-screen.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi guys, I just tried making a new user on my vista, and when I log in to it, all it shows is a light bluish window with only a mouse pointer. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

A:Light Bluish Screen with only a mouse pointer

Does the original user account still work?

If so delete the new profile and start anew.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/light-bluish-screen-with-only-a-mouse-pointer-692662.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I am posting to this forum because I saw some other posts of the same problem I am not sure what the cause is but I am hoping someone can help me The problem is when I try to boot up my computer it enters the Win start up screen shows the Win logo and then goes to a black screen with an over-sized mouse arrow I can move the arrow around on the screen low res but that is all I can do There is disk activity for a while then that stops and I need to power off the machine From the Windows boot menu I can go to F and run any of the options However all Safe modes and Normal boot mode go to the pointer Win with black to mouse goes screen 7 boot same black screen with mouse pointer I cannot go to a restore point Win 7 boot goes to black screen with mouse pointer says it cannot find any Repair computer will bring up the Win repair options menu but none of the options fixes the issue All my hard drives seem to be fine I ran chkdsk on all of them I have a triple boot system After Bios Grub loader starts to choose Windows or Linux If no choice made auto-chooses Windows In Windows boot choice is between Win or WinXP If no choice is made auto-chooses Win My problems started when my video card NVidia GTX apparently failed while I was loading some updates to a few programs I started getting BSOD with error code x unspecified changes to system configuration and a crash in nvlddmkm sys stop code x I replaced the video board with an older video board NVidia GTS and am now able to Get into Linux Start Win XP where I am now I read a forum post on a similar problem and downloaded FRST exe I have the log file from running this program from the command prompt in Win I am hoping someone can help

A:Win 7 boot goes to black screen with mouse pointer

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/513624 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513624/win-7-boot-goes-to-black-screen-with-mouse-pointer/
Relevancy 84.28%

Was on my computer no problem this morning (it an HP envy 17 touchscreen) got on this afternoon and turned it on, got the HP logo with thinking wheel underneath it for a out 10 mins then it goes back to sleep. When hit mouse to turn back on, black screen with only mouse pointer visible. I have done a hard reboot several times. Tried to press all the keys I have found to try (f11 etc...) and nothing happens. Plugged into another monster and just see the mouse still but black screen still. PLEASE HELP!! I don't want to take it to a shop and be out of work for a week or so if someone else out there can walk me through fixing it. Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Black-screen-on-start-up-but-can-still-see-mouse-pointer/td-p/5688039
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello all I've been having this problem since I installed Vista a couple of weeks ago After the status bar finishes during boot I get a second black screen with mouse pointer then the windows logo and everything is normal After trying everything I could think of I found a post on guru d com that suggested it was my Logitech G keyboard I did the fix and the problem is cleared Just figured I'd pass it along The grammar isn't perfect but I left it original this might work on other USB keyboards as well Quote This is for people with a logitech g keyboard and windows vista People with this keyboard will have a long delayed black screen just before entering windows I have a found a fix for this it is very simple to fix and you will now notice no delay in the transition between windows loading and windows desktop screen First open Device Manager then goto View and change it to Devices by Connection Then follow the tabs from x x PC to PCI Buss then in One of your USB Host Controllers will a tab called Generic USB Hub then goto into USB Human Interface Device there should pointer Screen Black during with mouse boot be two items inside there Black Screen with mouse pointer during boot HID Keyboard HID complaint you need to right click on the HID Keyboard Device and Update Driver software click Browse your computer then Let me Pick then pick HID-complaint Device then Black Screen with mouse pointer during boot you should have two HID-complaint Device in that tab and now its done restart and notice the difference hope this helps

A:Black Screen with mouse pointer during boot

Hi Hamltnblue, welcome to the board.

Thanks for sharing. However, it must have been my bad cold that I got a head ache trying to follow your instruction and failed.

Thanks anyway.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/212207-black-screen-mouse-pointer-during-boot.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that had a defective 250G SATA Hdd. I installed a new 250G SATA Hdd, proceeded to install Vista Home Premium, it begins the Vista install, reboots (as its supposed to), begins completion of install, and at some point after this the screen goes black and there is only a white mouse pointer (that does move around) and I have left it sitting there for 24 hours and no change. Help!

A:Black screen w/ white mouse pointer

When starting the computer, use Safe Mode and see if it'll boot properly then.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-w-white-mouse-pointer-523768.html
Relevancy 83.42%

The offending monitor is plugged in using an HDMI cable and will work in safe mode but will be stuck on the black screen and mouse pointer otherwise The monitor is an HP w h and I've already tried installing new drivers I've tried Monitor with work black one;others Just pointer? and screen mouse this using VGA and that won't even show up Do I need to get another HDMI if I'm going to use this monitor assuming you're able to help me get it working by itself as a second screen I've tried it with my laptop and it works It Monitor with black screen and mouse pointer? Just this one;others work appears to be a driver issue with my desktop or something like that but I'm dumbfounded When I boot into safe mode on the offending monitor and go into screen resolution the monitor has no name I also recently had to run system restore in safe mode on my desktop for an unrelated issue my user account lost administrative privileges and I couldn't get them back I don't think malware had anything to do with it but what do I know

A:Monitor with black screen and mouse pointer? Just this one;others work

In the screen resolution window, does windows see the other monitor? Have you tried the detecting tab? On the monitor itself, have you tried using the menu tabs/buttons for any results?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/274387-monitor-black-screen-mouse-pointer-just-one-others-work.html
Relevancy 83.42%

On my girlfriends laptop (which is an Acer) when you power it up it goes the the cycle then after the loading screen it just loads into a black screen with only a bigger than normal (or what appears to be bigger) mouse pointer. I have tried safe mode, with networking, command prompt, etc. but they all do the same thing. Unfortunately she can't find the Vista disc the laptop came with. Any ideas how to fix this?

A:Vista loads to black screen with mouse pointer only

If it comes up with a black screen and just the mouse pointer.

Then this could mean you been affected by a trojan.

You can maybe try and restore a backup for the laptop. And restore it back to another date. Which could be like tomorow or day before.

Soon as you restore it make sure you scan your laptop with a anti-virus protection. See if it comes up with anything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-loads-to-black-screen-with-mouse-pointer-only.870475/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello,

I hope i am writting this in the right thread. I decided to lend a hand to my friend since his pc is having some issues and he isnt too good with computer. But I ALSO NEED YOUR HELP.

So its a Sony Vaio PCG-5G3L laptop, running I believe on Windows XP if I am not mistaken.

The windows starts and loads to a black screen where I can only see a mouse pointer, whch moves but nothing else. My friend not being soo good in computers has not changed any component in the computer. He just told me he started his laptop one day and this is whats going on
ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED
ANYONE???

THANKS,

A:Windows starts to a BLACK screen with MOUSE POINTER

Hi -Try this fix from Prevx Here and see if this helps -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336484/windows-starts-to-a-black-screen-with-mouse-pointer/
Relevancy 83.42%

I have run into a problem not screen and the Mouse the right-click jumps functioning pointer on I haven't seen before on a HP desktop running Win Ultimate x The users reported that when they open a window instances Mouse pointer jumps on the screen and the right-click not functioning of the window open at once The error is intermittent but since they shut down the PC after each use it may come and go with each boot I looked at the machine and it functioned fine after several reboots but eventually I was able to see some strange results I didn't see the multiple windows open but I did have some input issues The mouse pointer would jump all over the screen and applications would open that were never clicked The right click did not function correctly Sometimes the context menu would flash on and off and sometimes nothing I tried an alternate mouse and using a different USB port with identical results I have run virus scans malware scans and a registry scan but no dice Anyone have any ideas I am stumped

A:Mouse pointer jumps on the screen and the right-click not functioning

It does sound like malware to me, you could try this; USB Driver - General Fix for Problems[2]=Hardware%20and%20Drivers it may be of help if different mice are used on this machine.
Maybe trying an online scanner would help or this; http://www.microsoft.com/security/sc...s/default.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/183121-mouse-pointer-jumps-screen-right-click-not-functioning.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Today, I wanted to test my PSU because it's making strange noises lately under load. So to exclude that my graphics card had anything to do with it, I went into safe mode but when I did that I discovered it ain't working anymore.. All I get is a black screen and if I move my mouse, I can see the pointer on the screen along with the "Safe Mode" text in the corners "Veilige Modus" in dutch. I tried CTRL + ALT +DEL but none of the combo's bring up something.

Can someone help me out?

Here are some pictures:
Picture1: http://i.imgur.com/hm1bcq0.jpg
Picture2: http://i.imgur.com/9HZoQ9z.jpg

Thanks in advance

A:Safe mode gives black screen with mouse pointer

Possible the noise is either coming from PSU or Graphics card, possible fan. Anything done just before this happened, installed a driver update, windows update or hardware. Could be driver issue with Video card, conflict and or corrupted system files.

Have Windows 8.1 Pro disc or was it preinstalled or a USB Recovery drive or disc image backup ? Was the PSU being dead already would not of started, but still can have issue, leaning towards Video card hardware or drivers.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68062-safe-mode-gives-black-screen-mouse-pointer.html
Relevancy 83.42%

When booting windows pc goes to won't on repair Win mouse fit pointer, 7, screen black with stuck black screen with mouse pointer Same with every safe mode Same with last known good configuration Tried to get built-in repair to work it tries but fails I did habe system restore point before this issue and when I try to choose that option it says there are none When I had my last pc on xp there was this disc called quot Roadstarter boot Win 7, stuck on black screen with mouse pointer, repair won't fit cd quot I could use that to start ANY windows machine no matter what was wrong It was awesome This cd is too old and doesn't support windows Is there something like this for windows I can look for In the meantime Win 7, stuck on black screen with mouse pointer, repair won't fit I used another windows pc to burn a repair cd instead of using the repair tool buit into the bad pc since it didn't work but same issue doing it form the CD but this one lets me get to dos After all this I followed instructions here for quot Method quot http www sevenforums com tutorials -built-administrator-enable-winre html After I did the above instead of getting the black screen after booting and the mouse pointer I now get a blue screen that says c e security accounts manager initialization failed because of the following error device attached to system is no functioning error status xc I also ran rkill a few days earlier FRST Farbar Recovery Scan Tool combo fix SuperAntiSpyware etc and computer was fine and rebooted perfect everytime before any issues started Now I know some of those programs backup the registry I'm pretty sure if I can restore the registry files it will work WHo can help with this For ex FRST - Farbar recovery tool I was able to get into the folder for it labled HIVES and there are - files in there SAM SECURITY SOFTWARE SYSTEM DEFAULT etc I'm not sure what to do next but if I restore those when things were good it may fix DO I just import those into registry

A:Win 7, stuck on black screen with mouse pointer, repair won't fit

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330073-win-7-stuck-black-screen-mouse-pointer-repair-wont-fit.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello My girlfriend has recently August purchased a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium x edition pre-installed Everything was absolutely fine for a week or so but now whenever the computer starts up it goes through the welcome screen etc in normal time then the screen goes black with a mouse pointer which one can move freely for about - minutes After these few minutes the desktop loads perfectly fine It would be okay but it's a really new laptop and it's a little bit annoying I've tried everything I can think of Delay Black Mouse Startup Screen - Pointer & in to sort it out but I'm getting sick of it so I need some help Here's a list of what I've tried Had a play with services msc I'm not an idiot I know what I'm doing Had a play with the msconfig startup services to remove AVG watchdog Tried to load 'last known good configuration' Tried some bootup stuff Delay in Startup - Black Screen & Mouse Pointer Installed some original Dell software which I had removed There's still nothing and I'm starting to stress Delay in Startup - Black Screen & Mouse Pointer out My girlfriend is at university now and she's patient but it's not really fair on her to have to wait too long for her laptop to startup because it's an amazing laptop Here are the specifications Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium -Bit Edition Service Pack Intel Pentium Dual Core CPU T GHz Gb DDR RAMATi Mobility Radeon HD mb Dedicated

A:Delay in Startup - Black Screen & Mouse Pointer

traxtor

maybe video driver, screensaver, something in power config,

does it do the same in safe mode?

You might want to check event viewer to see if there is anything listed about the problem. check windows log, application and system.

You could reboot with logging enabled, then check the log
hope this helps

ken

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/249942-delay-startup-black-screen-mouse-pointer.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a lenovo laptop, it has windows 7 premium x64.
i took out its hhd and then put it back in but it boot to black screen with mouse pointer. i also try to run repair from the installation CD but it only stake to windows logo and it stays like this please help me

A:Windows boot to black screen with mouse pointer

Hello and welcome Francina - have you tried safe mode yet? If you can get into safe mode try these

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < use the /f and /r options in Option2 if necessary
Now just as a matter of curiosity why did you remove the hard drive? and when you did was it dropped or exposed to strong heat or any other types of physical stress as they look fairly rugged but in actual fact can be easily knocked out of alignment or the read / write arms bent.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/348043-windows-boot-black-screen-mouse-pointer.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello Forum,

A friend of mine has a Toshiba laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit. He says that since about two weeks the screen turns more and more often black when the computer is on but not in use for some time but the Taskbar and the mouse pointer remain visible. The only thing to do then is to switch the computer forcibly off and on again. Then everything works fine until he leaves the computer alone again for some time ... and very often the same thing happens again. He says that this started some weeks ago and happened only rarely but is now happening at least once every day.

Any idea what this might be and how it can be stopped?

Thanks and greetings - resucami

A:Black screen but Taskbar and mouse pointer visible

In Control Panel Power settings, he should be able to turn off screen dimming to save power. That may be related. Or it may be a hardware thing. How old is the machine?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301476-black-screen-but-taskbar-mouse-pointer-visible.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Forgive me if this has been answered, please point me toward the thread with the solution if so.

When I boot my computer, I see "Starting Windows". The screen then goes black and the mouse pointer shows up in the middle. The mouse does not move.

I inserted my Windows 7 disc and went into repair. I tried a restore and a repair. Nothing happened. I should note that also my mouse pointer was not functioning at this time, either. That is, the pointer was in the center and the mouse was not moving.

I hear the fan going on, eventually it stops making noise, not to be confused with the computer shutting off. I guess you call that more of an "idle sound".

I checked the connections. Unplugged and replugged in the mouse. No luck.

Thanks.

A:Black Screen, Mouse Pointer in Center on Bootup

Quote: Originally Posted by JOSHSKORN

Forgive me if this has been answered, please point me toward the thread with the solution if so.

When I boot my computer, I see "Starting Windows". The screen then goes black and the mouse pointer shows up in the middle. The mouse does not move.

I inserted my Windows 7 disc and went into repair. I tried a restore and a repair. Nothing happened. I should note that also my mouse pointer was not functioning at this time, either. That is, the pointer was in the center and the mouse was not moving.

I hear the fan going on, eventually it stops making noise, not to be confused with the computer shutting off. I guess you call that more of an "idle sound".

I checked the connections. Unplugged and replugged in the mouse. No luck.

Thanks.

Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7&#63;

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/201490-black-screen-mouse-pointer-center-bootup.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a Gateway MX8738 laptop and I recently installed Windows 7 as an upgrade from Vista. After the install everything was fine for a day until I noticed that ALL PROGRAMS on the Start Menu was empty so I attempted to reboot to see if it would resolve the issue. It then went into a scan/repair mode and attempted to reboot after scanning and now it's stuck in the Black Screen. It never gets to a Windows logo or the login screen, it just freezes. It will boot up to the Windows 7 CD and to the System Recovery Options but none of these options are working. I even attempted to reinstall the 'upgrade' but it won't let me unless I'm in Windows. I DO NOT WANT TO DO A CLEAN INSTALL BECAUSE I HAVE TOO MUCH INFO TO LOSE.

HELP!!!!!

A:Black Screen w/mouse pointer - Gateway Laptop

Use an Ubuntu Live CD to move your important stuff to another location, and then perform a clean install. Your data that was carried over from Vista is in C:\windows.old.

Have you tried accessing the command prompt from your CD? If you can, use the fixboot command. You should always perform a clean install because stability is more important than convienience. Most people will tell you that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/73668-black-screen-w-mouse-pointer-gateway-laptop.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I currently have a toshiba laptop nbsp I am running windows home nbsp here is mouse 7 screen the showing windows only pointer with black whats happeningI turn it on and right after i get the windiows logo the screen is black with the mouse pointer in the center of the screen i am able to move the mouse but nothing happens nbsp ctrl alt del does nothing windows 7 black screen with only the mouse pointer showing I started in safe mode with the exact same results nbsp nbsp I tried nbsp quot last known good configuration quot nbsp same results black screen with a mouse pointerI tried the windows recovery disks it asks me to boot from cd dvd i hit any key and the cd rom spins it then seems to start loading up but after the logo appears the same black screen comes up from what i can see i cant even reformat and install clean i have all my dtat backed up so i have nothing to lose Ps i can hit f and get in safe mode i can also get into bios but as soon as windows seems to start loading i have the black screen and mouse pointer no matter which modes i am in Can anyone give me a few ideas on what to do next

A:windows 7 black screen with only the mouse pointer showing

In the end i fixed the problem  I put the windows 7 repair disk in started the computer and again got the black screen with only a mouse pointer just happens i left the room came back apprximately 2 hrs later and the screen was displayed. i started the repair and it literallly took 4 hrs to run just clicking next took 10 min to respond.   in the end though system repair did the job.seems to me that this all started after i did an update.   my system is still sluggish atm but im working on that now hope this helps you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/32c310fe-1000-4af1-ad47-ea069a5f6e5a/windows-7-black-screen-with-only-the-mouse-pointer-showing?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello, I'm not very knowledgeable on computer systems so I need a bit of help solving this issue. I like to play PC games quite a bit, and my computer can run them fine. However, I continuously have an issue with every game I've played (to include: Red Baron 3D, Left For Dead, Empire: Total War, etc) has had the same problem; the game runs fine, but the mouse pointer disappears or flashes intermittently whenever I try and play the game in full screen. It works just fine if I play the game in a window, but the experience is just not the same. I've only had this problem on Vista, and I don't know what to do.

If this is the wrong place or my problem has nothing to do with Vista itself I apologize.

Thank you for any assistance.

A:Mouse pointer dissapearing during full screen games

Hello Undakai, and welcome to Vista Forums.

What mouse do you have?

You might also check to see if there are newer drivers available for the mouse to see if they may address this problem.

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/234429-mouse-pointer-dissapearing-during-full-screen-games.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Yesterday I had improperly removed neglected to turn off the system left it plugged in left the battery in basically if it was possible to do wrong I did it wrong my Black pointer within) mouse w/ Screen on start-up (details laptop's WD GB Scorpio Blue HDD so I could put it in an enclosure and access Portal on another more powerful computer so it could be played Today when I went to finish the game the hard drive was not able to be read and it directed that I format the drive However when I put it back in my laptop my session started up just fine as it had when I removed the drive and there were no problems I continued to try and get the drive to be read as an external drive and it wouldn't work Eventually when I put the drive back in my laptop it unexpectingly is that a word Black Screen w/ mouse pointer on start-up (details within) loaded recovery tools I ran disk recovery and it spent forever attempting to repairs errors until my battery died After I had removed and reinstalled the drive I wasn't getting any visual output almost as if my graphic chipset driver's weren't functioning Another removal and reinstall of the drive fixed that Now I'm at my current situation when I turn the computer on - normal boot or safe mode - it loads the OS and only displays the mouse pointer as if it's waiting for the login screen to load I let it sit for at least hours and it never did anything Yes I've ran disk checks from the BIOS and the drive checks out on all of them - quick comprehensive and S M A R T I'm at a lost for what to do and I REALLY DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO FORMAT THIS DRIVE I ask that you please don't hate for my extreme idiocy in the initial removal of the drive I just was not thinking at all and I have no idea why I did not think to do any of the things I neglected to do

A:Black Screen w/ mouse pointer on start-up (details within)

Hi, well by now you know you stuffed up, it is a tech rule to disconnect the mains and remove the battery before doing any work on a laptop. Testing is run only on mains and if all is well after the work is done refit the battery.

Now as you cannot access the safe mode you also cannot run RE (repair my computer) from there. If you have a Seven dvd boot from it select "Repair my Computer" try startup repair.

It's what you have not told us that might be the key here, ie what did you do to try and get the drive read by the other computer?

We may need to repair the registry "load the hive" to point to the right authority for RPC.

Let us know how startup repair went.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-w-mouse-pointer-on-start-up-details-within-568213.html
Relevancy 83.42%

m using pavilion tx 1201au(home premium 32bit) with touch screen.my prob is my mouse pointer gets stick to top left cornerof screen
and sometimes middle corner and flickers and goes on clicking by itself closing all the open windows or opening
new programme depending on which shortcut it clicks. it also turns into pen pointer. no matter how much i try it goes
back to that position like a magnet. it happens even when am using mouse instead of touch pad. i unistalled and
reinstalled the driver but condition is same after a period of about 1 hr. pls help

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/179325-mouse-pointer-sticks-top-left-corner-screen.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Help! I have tried many things and have not come to a solution. I do not want to reload my system if i do not have to

Here is a software installation log diagnosis I got from "startup repair"

error code 0x490

System files integrity check and repair.

When I attemp to do this thru Dos it says there is a repair pending so i cannot commence with sfc.

A:Windows 7 black screen with mouse pointer before logon.

you can perform a sfc in a command prompt from a win 7 oem cd. all win 7 cd's have the option to repair. it does not force a re-install, rather you will get options to perform a restore from a system restore point, cmd prompt, mem test, and a restore for a win restore partition. (created at oem or by win pro/ult)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-with-mouse-pointer-before-logon-512599.html
Relevancy 83.42%

i am using windows 7 in my laptop and there is no print screeen button in keyboard. i want to take screen shot of pop up which only visible when i move my mouse pointer over it. Now the problem is that if i had to take the screen shot i have to move the mouse pointer and the pop up disappears. is there any button, shortcut or application which could help me to take screen shot without moving the mouse pointer

A:how to print screen without moving mouse pointer in windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by maneesh joshi

is there any button, shortcut or application which could help me to take screen shot without moving the mouse pointer

I use FULLSHOT. It's not free, but it's terrific. Been using it (and each of its upgraded versions) for 15 years now.

Keyboard hotkey shortcuts can be used to trigger assorted types of screenshots, so that the mouse does not have to be touched. Or, you can also use mouse clicks on a row of buttons superimposed on the right side of the titlebar in whichever window has the focus. GUI windows that don't have a title bar but that have the focus require use of the keyboard hotkeys to accomplish screenshots.

You can try it out for free and decide for yourself if it meets your needs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/315429-how-print-screen-without-moving-mouse-pointer-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Upgraded to Windows7 Bit32 from Vista on HP desktop machine. The only thing I get is a black screen after the startup and a mouse pointer, but nothing else.

A:Upgrade gave me black screen w/ mouse pointer only!

Run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times.

If this fails work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot which lead up to possibly rescuiing any files needed to get a superior Clean Install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/235638-upgrade-gave-me-black-screen-w-mouse-pointer-only.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I have Windows Vista installed and every so often the mouse pointer moves to the edge or the corner of the screen all by itself This has only happened since installing Vista so I am presuming that is the problem I wouldn t mind too much but it really messes up my gaming experience suddenly running in a random direction It happens in games when word-processing in Word even on a blank desktop with nothing running When I have searched the internet for help most of the advice suggests that some piece of software is doing something like taking screenshots so it moves the pointer out of the way I do not have any photo-editing software installed the moves of pointer to Mouse suddenly corner screen only graphics stuff I have is my ATI Radeon catalyst drivers I also have the Vista Sidebar running - could this be the problem I am hoping there is just a little bit of Vista that I Mouse pointer suddenly moves to corner of screen can Mouse pointer suddenly moves to corner of screen disable to sort this out - any ideas Thanks in advance Ed P S I don t have full-time access to the PC so it may take me a while to reply nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

This is only happening on one machine (that I know of)
No safe modes work since they all still go through the ctrl+alt+del logon process, ultimately leading back to black screen - so no cmd prompt
Reboot doesn't help
Last known good config doesn't help
There are no restore points
Trying to figure out if there is some other way to get access to task manager before I just reimage the thing.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ecf44e2a-c45b-47aa-9d1d-674501cc48ed/ctrlaltdel-click-ok-to-disclaimer-then-black-screen-with-mouse-pointer?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 82.56%

I have a Dell MOUSE After Help! Screen Black Updates pointer/cursor Windows 7 NO Inspiron ran sweet before windows update I don't do the automatic install of updates I don't remember exactly what all the updates were Help! Black Screen NO MOUSE pointer/cursor After Windows 7 Updates but I do know that one of them was a windows service pack update It showed updates that I needed I only picked the critical ones amp did not pick the optional ones I walked away while it was updating These are all the things that have happened and I've tried since I updated windows Comp shut down after updates to restart its said on screen installing updates BAM stops mid way through updates with FATAL ERROR C applying update operation wmplay Tried ESC Cntrl Alt Del nothing did HARD SHUTDOWN Tried to reboot BLACK SCREEN NOTHING ELSE NO MOUSE CURSOR POINTER tried ESC Cntrl Alt Del nothing again Had to do a HARD SHUT DOWN AGAIN Found alot of forum posts about black screen with cursor but not without cursor found that said to take out battery amp unplug hold down start button on laptop for - seconds do not put battery back in yet but plug in and hit start button Then if all boots ok you can put battery back in My comp did start to load Dell Logo then SAME FATAL ERROR C blah blah blah came up so I know the updates caused whatever it is HARD SHUT DOWN AGAIN Started Computer again computer went to System Start up Repair by itself that went on forever amp then said CANNOT FIX SYSTEM START UP HARD SHUT DOWN AGAIN Started computer again pressed F pressed REPAIR YOUR COMPUTER tried System Restore says I don't have an saved System Restore Points WHAT Then it starts Restore amp stops with ERROR There was an unexpected error The system cannot fine the file specified x Please close system restore and try again F again to System Recovery options again pressed DELL DATASAFE RESTORE amp EMERGENCY BACKUP asks what I want to back up it gives recommended options for you pics videos files etc then makes a backup folder so when it restores your computer to factory settings it includes this folder on desktop so you can put back after restore It backs everything I want perfectly says then says hit next to next step which is to actually restore my computer It says formatting your partition GREEN CHECK MARK then Reinstall your original content then stays on loading for hours then ERROR x Can't do anything again but shut down AGAIN Tried both restores twice with same results Tried F pressed Command Prompt to SFC SCNNOW has some stuff that doesnt make sense to me I had looked at screen shots of what it supposed to do Doesnt say repaired anything tried SFC verifyonly that says there is a repair pending to restart amp try SFC SCNNOW again Restart same errors can't get to Elevated Command Prompt but my command prompt says at the top of window quot administrator quot so I believe it is already set to admin Finally did Dells Self Test on system amp its showing hard drive failure of somekind NOW I know that harddrives could fail at any time but I think its a little coincidental that it happened right at the moment the updates were installing I did read in some forums that windows updates had destroyed alot of peoples video cards so I'm wondering if anybody else has seen this problem with windows updates messing up their harddrive also is it possible that it just corrupted something and it could be fixed somehow without replacing my harddrive Lastly is there anyway to cancel updates that were trying to install however remember I cannot load to windows do any kind of restore the system won't let me If anybody knows anything to help me I surely would appreciate it Thank you Oh also I do not have a repair CD or Installation disk it did not come with one

A:Help! Black Screen NO MOUSE pointer/cursor After Windows 7 Updates

Ok, so I just tried Last known Good Configuration and that did not work as well. I also did something else right now & got this message Cannot open volume for direct access. Autochck cannot run due to an error cause by a recently installed software package. An unexpected error occourred (766f6c756d652e63 3f1)
I have not installed anything remotely recent except Windows 7 updates.
Hope this info is important in helping find a solution.Thanks again for any help you might be able to give me!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-black-screen-no-mouse-pointer-cursor-after-windows-7-updates-624690.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I have an MSI A6000 laptop with Windows 7 home professional.  I have a nephew who got some vuze files and today I got a BSOD.  So I tried going to Safe Mode, which I could not do.  So I used a Windows 7 installation disk and did a start up repair.  Now after the windows logo comes up, it just hangs on a black screen with the mouse pointer (which moves).  Still cannot get into safe mode.   Tried the startup repair 3 times since then, with no improvement.  Please advise me.

A:Had BSOD, Did Startup repair, now I have a mouse pointer on black screen

at this black screen, I got a dialog box that says ' "winlogon.exe- badimage"    windows/system32/wkscli.dll  is not designed to run on windows or contains an error'

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528803/had-bsod-did-startup-repair-now-i-have-a-mouse-pointer-on-black-screen/
Relevancy 82.56%

When I boot I end up with a black screen with just a mouse cursor that can still be moved. Safemode is the same.
I tried:
-repaired windows...
-I swapped out the video card...
-chkdsk'ed...
-I ran geek squad diagnostics which passed...
-hard drive test good....

I haven't tried reformatting yet. I really hate using that for all problems. It seems like its just hung up on something. Does anyone know what could be going on here? What other useful tips I can use?

Relevancy 82.56%

Hi there I consider myself at least a bit competent when it comes to XP and computers but this problem has me puzzled I ve done tons of searches on google various forums microsoft database etc and have found some similar problems except that I can t get my taskmanager to become visible It s there I know it because I get the resize pointers around the taskmanager s box Also when I start-up WinXP It only Desktop, mouse etc... screen, No pointer taskmanager, login taskbar, gets to the login screen but I can t see my login picture or buttons I can click on them and enter my password but when it logs in the windows start sound plays the whole screen No Desktop, taskbar, login screen, taskmanager, etc... only mouse pointer is black except for the mouse cursor I don t have a wallpaper just a black background so I can t really tell you No Desktop, taskbar, login screen, taskmanager, etc... only mouse pointer if my quot wallpaper quot is still there I ve been working on and off for the past days trying to figure out how to fix this problem I have run HiJackThis and found nothing that shouldn t be there and has been there for a while This started happening while I just made a small coding mod for the game S T A L K E R and tried to boot it But nothing happened and then I tried to reboot But when I rebooted there was the login screen but when I logged in it was as if the resolution changed on my monitor and everything disappeared except for my cursor I ve got tons of stuff on my computer that will take me a good weeks to back-up work photos videos documents and a windows repair or reinstall is not an option at the moment I can run windows in safe mode and VGA mode no problem but if I change the resolution in VGA mode it goes back to the same problem HP Pavilion a n Desktop PC Windows XP Home SP ASUS P SD-LA PES revision HP name Oxford-UL E Socket - Intel Pentium Northwood Prescott GHz HT x -pin DDR DIMM GB MHz SDRAM ATi Radeon X Pro AGP x MB Turtle Beach Montego DDL Dolby Sound Card Internal quot Seagate GB RPM MB Cache - GB Partition C for Windows XP Home OS - GB Partition For Storage and Program Files Internal quot Western Digital GB Caviar RPM MB Cache Used for storage Running Symantec Antivirus AdAware SE Spybot S amp D PestPatrol VundoFix HiJackThis and WinpFind u If you require more information please ask I lll be using my laptop for now but I really need to use my desktop for work later today Saturday I m extremely tired right now so forgive me if I didn t say anything clear enough or give enough information I ll reply tomorrow to anyones thoughts or ideas Many thanks nbsp

A:No Desktop, taskbar, login screen, taskmanager, etc... only mouse pointer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-desktop-taskbar-login-screen-taskmanager-etc-only-mouse-pointer.577321/
Relevancy 82.56%

My hard disk has bad sectors and I have encountered blue screen a few times

Today I start my PC and at the point where the windows login screen (the screen where it ask user to enter password to login Windows 7), the whole screen is black, I could only see my mouse pointer.
There is also one time after entering the login password, it just stay at the screen that display the text [Welcome] and the turning circle loading forever.

Q1 What can I do now?

Q2 Is there a way to save some of the files that are inside the disk? (maybe unplug the disk and put into another PC, or access through DOS ?)
Example of files I want to save
C:\Users\[windows username]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\
C:\Users\[windows username]\AppData\Roaming\Skype\

A:Unable to login to windows, black screen with only a mouse pointer.

The best way is to plug the HD into another PC or a USB drive dock and pull the data that you want to save from the drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/377305-unable-login-windows-black-screen-only-mouse-pointer.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I get Black Screen with mouse pointer after installing malwarebytes antimalware on windows 7 home premium x32.

If I uninstall malwarebytes and login desktop reappear!?!?!?!?!?! 

I scan system with other anti malware and antivirus but it seems that it is all right!

Thing to crazy!!!!

Anyone can help me?

Thanks

A:Black Screen with mouse pointer after installing malwarebytes antimalware

First try over in the Am I Infected forum.
If they say you're OK, then let's see this report:
Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581380/black-screen-with-mouse-pointer-after-installing-malwarebytes-antimalware/
Relevancy 82.56%

My computer Dell Dimension running Windows XP SP no new hardware screen with Splash Windows mouse hang black to pointer...Mup.sys or software added in years turns on asks me if I want to Start Windows Normally Last Known Good Config and different Safe Modes It doesn t matter which one I pick it always starts the Windows splash screen then goes to a black screen with my mouse pointer which I can move but cannot right or left click Also the keyboard controls don t seem to work no ctrl alt del nothing though if I press shift times it gives me the beep atleast letting me know the keyboard is working Safe Modes do something a little different but end up in the same place as the other modes Safe mode will hang on Mup sys for a long while before it goes to Windows Splash to black screen with mouse pointer...Mup.sys hang the black screen with the mouse pointer I have pulled off the user files pictures documents and so on while connecting the drive to a different computer and making it a slave Also while it was connected to the other computer I ran MalwareBytes on it It found a trojan on that drive and cleaned it up I thought that may be it so it booted the hd as a master in it s own box I still get the same thing as before black screen with mouse pointer I made a BartPE boot CD and booted the computer to that I ran a chkdsk on it then restarted with a normal boot I still got the same black screen and mouse pointer I booted with BartPE again and checked to see if Explorer exe existed anymore It was there Now I am stuck I think it may be something in the registry but I am not sure I found something on the internet saying to check if you have these registry entries HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Image File Execution Options explorer exe and HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Image File Execution Options iexplorer exe and to delete them if you do but I didn t have those in my registry Can I save this hard drive or do I have to put a fresh install of the OS on it nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

Hey guys I've updated to windows and have been enjoying it for the most part I have a hybrid pc which is actually an Asus Tablet with a dock It's an asus T TA But lately I have been running into some trouble and I really need help After the december loading pointer wake (working) screen, Trackpad, mouse up big update I lost the ability to scroll using two fingers on my trackpad Since many people were also getting trackpad problems I decided to update my driver synaptics After much effort finding a more recent driver and installing it because windows kept Trackpad, wake up screen, loading (working) mouse pointer saying I already had the most recent and I couldn't run it the issue went away Two days ago for no apparent reason the issue came back Could it be that windows updated itself and in the process quot updated quot my trackpad driver to another crappy one again Another issue that I have is with the wake up screen Once it sleeps and I awaken it sometimes at least of the time I get a semi-black screen instead of my login screen The mouse cursor is visible but it's the only thing I can control everything else is black The only way to get into windows is to hit CRTL ALT DEL Then the login screen appears immediately not the ctual task manager If my dock is not plugged I have to shut down the pc forcefully or plug the dock Curiously this issue started soon after I installed the driver that made my two finger scrolling return Don't know if it could be related but it's worth mentioning The third issue began last night Again for no apparent reason no software installed or anything out of the ordinary my mouse cursor started displaying that quot loading quot blue circle as if the pc was quot busy quot with something At first I attributed it to a background update that could be occurring or something of the like The circle is not consistently on it blinks exactly as if a heavy task was being executed It just never ends For this one I have no ideas of the reason or what to do Could you guys give me a hint about how to proceed with these bugs They are really bothering me and affecting my productivity I've searched and tried everything I knew but now I'm stuck Thanks for the help

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41409-trackpad-wake-up-screen-loading-working-mouse-pointer.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Ok so the problem is that this computer refuses to boot it is in some kind of sleep mode after it boots with black screen nothing works so i have to press once power button to go to sleep than mouse windows 8.1 laptop Samsung screen pointer black press it again so i can see the mouse pointer with black screen this is the only path i am able to hold shift and reach recovery mode so far i tried refresh i got message this computer cannot be refreshed same goes for reset and when i tried system restore it said no restore points added also safe mode does not work - SO i guess failed update to or something worse i tried also sfc scannow repaired something but no help run it times to make sure I can t tell what kind of Samsung model is cause while i type here i am running chkdsk r on windows partition also i can t lift it cause the case is broken and the owner has created some stand that holds the laptop so i will guess series or any clue on what to do next will be appreciated there is f factory recovery that prbably works but if there s a chance to save data easily than copying gb to external disk via ubuntu Also ran Hdat x for minutes no hdd errors nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-laptop-windows-8-1-black-screen-mouse-pointer.1158485/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello I would be very grateful for a solution to this problem My Acer has been screen Black BSOD with Acer pointer or 6920 mouse - working happily with Windows bit for maybe a year or so Recently I left it on top of the fridge in hibernate mode for a Acer 6920 - BSOD or Black screen with mouse pointer few days Upon trying to start the computer Windows progressed to windows is starting logo then blue screened and turned off Since then any restart gives me two and only two options Launch startup repair selecting this option leads to a black screen with a mouse pointer - I left it overnight and it was still the same I never get to see Acer 6920 - BSOD or Black screen with mouse pointer startup repair Start windows normally this leads to the blue screen I have tried using my windows usb to boot into the repair options that are on the windows install disk but after it says windows is starting I am left staring gormlessly at another black screen with a mouse pointer I shall as a last resort take the laptop to the acer repair shop here but would love to get it fixed myself It is quite important that I rescue my work documents they were last backed up a month ago But as it stands I cannot see how I could even format and reinstall windows Nothing works Following the advice on this page I have now put Hiren's boot cd onto a bootable usb and have seen the first signs of life from the laptop The mini XP will not load up but the Parted Magic program did load Parted Magic was able to read the files on the D drive partition mainly music and movies but I did find some family photos and videos I have managed to save everything from the D drive to an external usb drive However Parted Magic was unable to read anything on the C drive partition the place where all of my work is saved There are many tools on Hiren's Boot cd none of which I have a clue how to use yet I would appreciate some guidance on how to proceed and which program to use I would prefer to copy all of my files from the laptop and then attempt a fix but am not sure what the next step should be Thanks taking the time to read this really hope someone can help

A:Acer 6920 - BSOD or Black screen with mouse pointer

Every step possible to start unbootable WIn7 is in the tutorial.

You must start at the top of the steps to disinfect the OS or it may not repair.

Try running Startup Repair from the installer (which is provided) or System Repair CD. Did you assure Win7 is marked Active as instructed?

If you take it to a shop without completing the steps then you have not done the work. You even have everything you need to either run Acer Factory Recovery or get the superior Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 .

Start at Step 1 and work your way through every step in the actual order, not pick and choose.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/256531-acer-6920-bsod-black-screen-mouse-pointer.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi all i have two monitors attached to my system

One is a standard DELL SE198WFP (eww i know but it was free)
The other is a NEC AS191WM (touch screen)

When i have the NEC plugged in on its own i can do the touch callibration without any issues. However when i attach the DELL and redo the callibration it is off by a mile, it thinks its interacting with the DELL.

For example i press start on the NEC screen and it randomly places the mouse on the DELL monitor.

Any help on this would be greatly appriciated.

-Addramyr

A:Dual Screen - 1 Touch - 1 Standard

Hi Addramyr,

My name is George from Dell Social Media Team. Did you install drivers for NEC? If not, download appropriate driver from http://www.necdisplay.com/monitor-software
Regards
George
Dell Social Media team

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/152206-dual-screen-1-touch-1-standard.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Can I use my Lenovo laptop touch screen in a dual monitor setup with the auxiliary monitor being a non-touch screen?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1fdd6772-6b6c-4fdc-a3c8-61669db5da0f/dual-monitors-one-touch-screen?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi, got a 1yr old htc dual and for last few weeks, touch screen not responding to commands. Does anyone know the cause and or fix for this?!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/htc-dual-touch-screen-not-working.947565/
Relevancy 81.7%

I'm getting to my wits end with my laptop I have a Z Touch windows and I love it Touch - Z500 Disappearing Pointer Mouse apart from the fact the mouse keeps randomly Z500 Touch - Mouse Pointer Disappearing disappearing I have no idea what triggers it It's whilst I'm using my laptop too it doesn't disappear after it goes to sleep or is locked etc nbsp Tried several different things ctrl alt delete F etc none working at the moment Tried to see if any of my devices needed fixing and that was a no go too I don't have a usb mouse to plug in at the moment and I'd prefer to figure out how to stop or at least fix this without having to get one if at all possible nbsp I don't know if this is a setting or a button I keep accidentally pushing but if someone could please tell me how to get my mouse cursor back I'd be eternally grateful as this is driving me insane - the only reason I could even get on here was because this is touchscreen but I miss my mouse pointer nbsp nbsp nbsp Mod's Edit System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility clarity

A:Z500 Touch - Mouse Pointer Disappearing

hi emmz992,

Welcome to the Forums.

Just to verify, did you encounter this issue the first time you setup the PC or you just encountered this lately?

If it's just lately, can you try one of the following:
1. Disable "hide pointer while typing" under Control Panel (large icon view) > Mouse > Pointer Options Tab and enable "Show location of pointer when i press CTRL key"
  - Link to picture

2. Uninstall the Touchpad Driver (ELAN or Synaptics) under Control Panel > Programs and reboot. Upon logging back in, Windows will use a generic touchpad driver. Try to observe the mouse pointer behavior and observe (you can always re-install the touchpad driver by navigating to D:\Drivers\Touchpad or by downloading the driver from the lenovo website).

3. Boot in Safe Mode with Networking and observe the mouse pointer behavior. If all goes well, perform a clean boot and observe. If same problem, perform a System Restore in safe mode to undo any possible updates that was installed on the system (ensure that you make a backup copy of your files).

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z500-Touch-Mouse-Pointer-Disappearing/td-p/1387161
Relevancy 81.7%

The scroll on the touch pad causes my cursor to freeze on the screen. It displays a frozen tiny scroll bar on my screen with the cursor attached. Locks up  the compute. Have to log off to get it working again. Help!

A:touch pad mouse locking up

maybe hit ESC a few times. Once you are out of the lockup, see if there is an update to the touchpad driver. Also, check the touchpad settings (some model let you define which area and the size for the scroll, etc).

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/touch-pad-mouse-locking-up/td-p/516459
Relevancy 81.7%

Black screen with mouse capability but no icons no startup or anything I can log into my Administrator but my main system is under user Rob When I login to Rob I have a black screen for my desktop User Rob is able to ctrl alt del into Task Manager and can log into other users I can view everything in Task manager but that is all No desktop anywhere This has been happening frequently and I would do a System Restore to get back to normalcy but now I went to System Restore and it is telling me there are no restore points I tried scanning all pointer a with desktop Win screen but blank start, User's main 7 mouse is will my drives for errors did Malwarebytes complete scan and Webroot complete scan I guess Win 7 will start, but main User's desktop is a blank screen with mouse pointer I have two questions A Is there any way to Win 7 will start, but main User's desktop is a blank screen with mouse pointer manually do a System Restore I am pretty sure the restore points are on my drive but within Windows System Restore I cannot locate them B Could it possibly be that something isn't running in my User's Processes or Services Thanks everyone

A:Win 7 will start, but main User's desktop is a blank screen with mouse pointer

Sounds like a corrupted user profile to me, see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488460/win-7-will-start-but-main-users-desktop-is-a-blank-screen-with-mouse-pointer/
Relevancy 81.7%

System Specs first -Windows XP Pro Installed First and Windows Vista Ultimate -bit Installed on same HDD separate partitions Each partition has plenty of free space - Intel Core duo E GHZ Overclocked by computer merchant OverdrivePC - P N -SLI-SE-Deluxe custom BIOS by OverdrivePC American Megatrends Inc ver Date - GB DDR memory screen, totally (another black pointer broken? topic) mouse Vista at mhz - GTS MB Vista totally broken? (another black screen, mouse pointer topic) - Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music -bit I think it s Xtreme Music not sure Last night I shut down vista Vista seemed to take a little longer than normal to shut down I had turned the monitor off and the computer had been running for a couple of minutes in the process of shutting down When I turned the monitor back on vista was saying quot Windows is shutting down quot or something like that A few seconds later vista promptly shut down It is my assumption that vista had been configuring updates my computer was on for a few days I think I had downloaded a few automatic updates since then The next afternoon when I get home from college I boot up the computer get a drink of tea and press enter on the keyboard to select the option of booting up vista and then turn my monitor on After the green loading bar thingy scrolled a few times chkdsk comes up and says it s recommended that my disk be checked for errors Next thing I know I see several deletion notices saying stuff about corrupt files and IIRC bad sectors Chkdsk finishes doing whatever scary stuff it did and restarted my computer I chose to boot into vista again or so I thought would happen Vista does its green bar thingy and then goes to a blank screen The windows logo never loads Vista totally broken? (another black screen, mouse pointer topic) but I get a blank screen with a white mouse pointer again The resolution of the screen is what I set it to so apparently the video drivers loaded properly as well My keyboard turned on or lit up and so did my mouse Ctrl Alt Del did nothing All I could do was move my mouse I tried booting into safemode with networking Again the same thing albeit a lower resolution Fearing another HD failure I had previously lost all the data on an external quot backup quot western digital quot my book quot Hard drive after two months of operation I booted up to XP Pro to see if I could recover any data EVERTHING WAS WORKING PERFECTLY All my data was intact I went ahead and backed up some of the important stuff on my HD anyway Then I looked online for solutions I found that many people were having problems similar to mine but I ve not found any sound solutions yet So after typing the abve information I decide to check the partition with windows vista on it gigabytes of HD space were freed up What does this mean Does Vista see HD space differently than XP before I was using vista to look at HD space now I m using XP PRO Is my Hard drive really failing I previously had roughly GB of free space out of the GB total for the partion when I say roughly the free space would fluctuate between GB and GB maybe or The total space of the drive did not fluctuate nor change after chkdsk I suspected it was just the page file because I play some intensive games that use more memory than I have RAM but that may not have been the case I looked in my vista partition Everything under the windows folder Size GB bytes Size on Disk GB bytes Contains Files Folders Is this the normal amount of data one would find on an OS like mine I looked at some of the games I frequently played and their sizes seem intact Maybe it s just the way XP sees free space that showed the drive as having more free space Edit When I was checking the windows folder I heard odd noises Sounded like a plastic wheel that spun too fast and vibrated When checked the program files directory I heard very little of this noise I haven t heard this noise at all while using the XP Pro partition nbsp

A:Vista totally broken? (another black screen, mouse pointer topic)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-totally-broken-another-black-screen-mouse-pointer-topic.625453/
Relevancy 81.7%

This recently started happening Sometimes when I boot my computer it displays a flashing mouse is but on pointer displayed boot, screen White pixelated white screen with colorful White pixelated flashing screen on boot, but mouse pointer is displayed pixels scattered across the screen It starts by constantly flashing from the white screen to black Eventually it stops at the white screen I can still see my mouse pointer though and move it around It's happened three times now and it only happens every few boots I have to hit the reset button on my case to get out of it Any idea Thanks Here's a picture of the white screen http i imgur com mPLw I jpg OS Windows MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte A-DS P CPU AMD FX GPU EVGA GTX FTW I have also attached the event error log EDIT I think the problem has to do with the constant spamming of this in the logs Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered So GPU drivers or GPU failure By the way this only happens on SOME OS BOOTS Games video run fine without crashing if the OS boots up properly

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589676/white-pixelated-flashing-screen-on-boot-but-mouse-pointer-is-displayed/
Relevancy 81.7%

I have a Satellite P850/040

I tried to start it up and was taken to the "Windows Error Recovery" screen. I tried both "Launch Startup Repair (recommended)" and "Start Windows Normally" options. Neither worked!

In the "Advanced Boot Options" I have unsuccessfully tried the following options:
Repair Your Computer
Safe Mode
Enable low-resolution video
Last Known Good Configuration (advanced)
Start Windows Normally

Stupidly I have not run a back-up of my files for 6 months & cannot afford to lose some of them.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or should I send it off to a Toshiba Service Repairer (there is not one available in the town I live in)? Thanks

A:Satellite P850/040 - Windows 7 Black screen with White Mouse Pointer

> Stupidly I have not run a back-up of my files for 6 months & cannot afford to lose some of them.

Two options:

*1)* You would remove the HDD from the notebook, and would use an external 2.5? USB to SATA enclosure in order to connect this HDD to another computer. In such case you should be able to get access to the HDD and to rescue the files.

*2)* You would boot the notebook using Live CD like Linux Live CD or an WindowsPE Live CD. Google for that to get more details.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?72351-Satellite-P850-040-Windows-7-Black-screen-with-White-Mouse-Pointer