Windows Support Forum

lost network driver

Q: lost network driver

my system is a Gateway sx2800 with windows 7 64 bit OS.
I just reinstalled my windows 7 os and various software that i use.
My son was playing an internet game that needed Adobe Shockwave downloaded to play.
Download seem to go fine, but when I came back to my computer about an hour later i found that my internet connection was gone. System says internet adaptor gone/no driver found.
Is this normal for this type of Gateway system? Help!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: lost network driver

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 58.48%

I updated my drivers and afetr that my lop top will not talk to my printer or can not access shared files on the main desk top.
any ideas on what I can do to fix this.

A:lost my network after driver update

What problem were you trying to solve by updating drivers? If you used one of those update sites, the wrong driver may have been installed for something.

Do you see any problems in Device Manager? Can you connect to anything?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-my-network-after-driver-update.825573/
Relevancy 54.61%

TSG SYSINFO Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R M processor MHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card MOBILITY RADEON Mb Find D60 New Hard Solved: Lost, Drive, Dell Controller Can't Driver, Network Latitude Hard Drives C Total - Solved: New Hard Drive, Network Controller Lost, Can't Find Driver, Dell Latitude D60 MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Computer Corporation X Antivirus None Note I will install Avast Antivirus once I can get this computer s wireless working I replaced my hard drive last night There is no more wireless in my network connections folder I went to Dell com I installed new drivers then after re-boot It said that my ethernet modem were also now gone Confused I did a system restore back to June My Dell Service Tag is BWWT After system reboot I went back to dell and entered the service tag and I installed all recommended driver updates which included BIOS A I still have no wireless ability In device manager under other devices there is a yellow exclamation point for quot Network Controller quot I ve looked for hardware changes and i ve tried to update driver from device manager and no success It wants a cd installed This laptop was bought used from my boyfriends old co-worker and given to me as a gift I don t have any operating cd s at all I have been trying to update this computer myself and am getting frustrated Money is tight and then I found TechGuy s forums I hope someone can help me If I need to provide more information than I already have please let me know Thanks very much nbsp

A:Solved: New Hard Drive, Network Controller Lost, Can't Find Driver, Dell Latitude D60

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-hard-drive-network-controller-lost-cant-find-driver-dell-latitude-d60.1079561/
Relevancy 51.17%

hi
can anyone help. I had windows 7 32bit installed on PC have upgraded to windows 7 64bit but seem to have lost network adapter driver. Any advice would be apprecited, I have no network or internet access.

A:UPgrade from windows 7 32bit to windows 7 64 bit lost network driver

I had a similar problem when loading XP onto a laptop that had been running Vista. I didn't have the wireless network driver for it. So ...
Open System Properties.
Click on Device Manager
Scroll down to the Network Adapters section
Find the wireless card item
Double-click it
Select the Details tab
In XP, it showed a text like this. It's the unique ID for the network card.PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4229&SUBSYS_11208086&REV_61\4&6C79FC5&0&00E0
On my Win 7 box, I don't get a tangled description like that. Instead, I get plain, readable text:Intel(R) 82567V-2 Gigabit Network Connection
Either way ... google-search for that text. In my case, I found a web page at Cnet with all the necessary drivers. They had XP 32-bit, XP 64-bit, Vista 32-bit, Vista 64-bit, Win 7 32-bit, and Win 7 64-bit. They had it all. Easy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/189741-upgrade-windows-7-32bit-windows-7-64-bit-lost-network-driver.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there Apparently as the result of malware I suddenly received many detected viruses using Avira and Malware Bytes empty All is adapters connections and lost window network network I can no longer All network adapters lost and network connections window is empty access the internet The Network Connections window is completely blank and in the Device Manager every single driver All network adapters lost and network connections window is empty under Network Adapters net Adapter Direct Parallel Intel Pro Wireless Realtek WAN Miniport etc has a yellow exclamation mark I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers In some cases I got a message saying uninstallation is not allowed But in all cases even where I could uninstall and reinstall it didn t help at all I also already tried running regsvr netshell dll regsvr netcfgx dll regsvr netman dll Each routine was successful but didn t help Running quot Start netman start quot gives a response that it is already running Any advice Is there any way around reinstalling XP Will that even help I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro M running XP Professional Any advice is greatly appreciated I have been working on this to no avail for over hours nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi Operating system is Windows Enterprise Edition SP and Office Professional is installed nbsp User clicks one the file opens fine Change one character or a bunch then click SAVE nbsp We get quot There has been a network or file the error. has been file may network a lost be permission connection or network there permission error The network connection may be lost quot If I attempt to save it as a new filename the new filename is written in the shared folder but has a size there has been a network or file permission error. the network connection may be lost of K and the Save As window pops up again nbsp Any attempt to save as ANOTHER name produces the same results K size file written Save As window pops up I found a document from MS that says to save to your desktop or map a new drive but this was working just fine a short time ago This issue happens for only one machine If the same user logins to the different machine and it works Who ever login to the laptop get the same error nbsp Below did not help as nbsp it was for Office and Windows XP https support microsoft com en-us kb https support microsoft com en-us kb https support microsoft com en-us kb What has to be done for this Regards Boopathi

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4eb5d0af-32bb-4640-9691-b90a6406d24c/there-has-been-a-network-or-file-permission-error-the-network-connection-may-be-lost?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello all I have a main PC an LT that is running as I am using it as a media server to my Roku's The LT an PC are networked together an sharing their proper folders via my router which is not a cheap one in getting items Explorer/Network lost menu Network an fairly new an both are running Win Ult For the most part everything works OK but for some reason Network items getting lost in Explorer/Network menu I keep loosing the LT in the Network menu if the main PC If I reboot the main PC this does not fix this mostly if I reboot the LT I can get it back but most Network items getting lost in Explorer/Network menu times it can take some time an I wouldn't say it works of the time Now to bring up some interesting points When I loose the LT I also loose the few other things that are on the Network too such as the Network shared printer server When this is happening if I go into the routers http based main programming the LT as well as everything is there If I use the routers Windows based utility on the main PC kind of a software ver of the main access the LT an everything else is there When I open the Laptop an go into quot its quot Network explore menu the main PC along with everything else in the Network is there I have made sure the Network device for the LT is set to stay awake all the time I have gone through an setup dedicated IP address's and ones way out side of anything else an as well done the other proper networking setting for the main PC an the LT My IT guy at work helped me with that For all times I have never quot Not quot been able to access the LT with the Roku systems Which for a lot of this it tells me with my limited knowledge that the LT an router should not be the issue As best as I can tell an I have checked for this nothing else on the network has any conflicting at least IP address From as best as I can tell I haven't shut off any Network scanning services on the Main PC Although I can't say I really know where or how to check for this of if something else did this Also note that this condition stays this way no matter how many times that main PC is rebooted All in all it seems to me again with my limited knowledge that for what ever reason the main PC is either loosing or not checking for things on the network not that I can really say what I mean by that because I don't know of a way to check test for this just more or less the plain to me way to say it So am really hoping someone might have some ideas or things I can check an I greatly appreciate any help I can get Thanks for any help

A:Network items getting lost in Explorer/Network menu

When this happens next time, check in Main PC if "Computer Browser" service is started. Run: services.msc to get to services.

Run this as admin: Download Complete Internet Repair - MajorGeeks

Also, see if this will help Windows 7 Network Discovery Issue

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/374104-network-items-getting-lost-explorer-network-menu.html
Relevancy 45.15%

.I reprogrammed my laptop Samsung with the model code NP-N102S-B02NG. so when I'm connecting my laptop to the wi-fi i cannot connect because it has no driver for Ethernet and Network Controller driver. so I waana ask how can I have those driver?
I need your help so that I can already use my laptop. thankyou

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1325e3dc-3dcd-46ad-a467-fa734eb53aed/i-reprogrammed-my-laptop-samsung-with-the-model-code-npn102sb02ng-so-when-im-connecting-my?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 44.29%

I m having problems with a desktop I have lost network connection no LAN settings and cannot add a new connection and obviously no internet Network troubleshooter will not run I cannot run McAfee or other programs All other computers on the network are up and running I have tried searching multiple topics similar problems I have problems connections network lost - network been unsuccessful starting needed services such as telephony remote access network location awareness etc I transferred over a program from my laptop to get the following hijack analysis Logfile of Advanced SystemCare Security AnalyzerScan saved network problems - lost network connections at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system brsvc a exeC WINDOWS system brss a exeC WINDOWS system Brmfrmps exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system LMabcoms exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exeC WINDOWS system network problems - lost network connections HPZipm exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exeC Program Files network problems - lost network connections Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system VTTimer exeC WINDOWS system pctspk exeC PROGRA MULTI- MMKey exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Brother ControlCenter brccMCtl exeC Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop DesktopWeather exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEF IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exeO - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - BHO My Freeze com Toolbar - bd f - ad- f -aca - be e b - C Program Files myfreezetoolbar myfreezedx dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dllO - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dllO - BHO scriptproxy - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO scriptproxy - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO scriptproxy - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dllO - BHO Updater For My Freeze com Toolbar - C CD - F - E -B -EB F DA - C Program Files myfreezetoolbar auxi myfreezetoolbAu dllO - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B E dllO - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - Toolbar amp Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dllO - Toolbar My Freeze com Toolbar - bd f - ad- f -aca - be e b - C Program Files myfreezetoolbar myfree... Read more

A:network problems - lost network connections

Sorry, it was the McAfee problem. I didn't notice the post on the home page. I used the McAfee ALERT: 5958 DAT Update Issue (For Home Users Only)

?If you are a Home or Consumer user, see article TS100969

Problems solved!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311831/network-problems-lost-network-connections/
Relevancy 43.86%

Everytime I try to open Google Earth Starcraft or run a Nvidia stability test the application freezes the screen goes black for a few seconds and the above message pops up along with error code quot quot I also somtimes get quot display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot which then crashes and recovers several times until the whole lost driver display OpenGL has fix do "Nvidia I How connection driver" with crash the computer crashes and I get blue screened It always happens with ten seconds of How do I fix "Nvidia OpenGL driver has lost connection with the display driver" crash opening one of those programs I have tried updateing my graphics drivers clean installing older drivers editing the registry turning off Aero and using system restore Nothing works and I am out of ideas Here are my specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor How do I fix "Nvidia OpenGL driver has lost connection with the display driver" crash Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN Napa HP P N ULSL Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-fix-nvidia-opengl-driver-has-lost-connection-with-the-display-driver-crash.1014776/
Relevancy 43%

So the story goes like this I like updating drivers and i thought i found a new chipset. I was wrong I was uninstalling devices i didn't have. i restarted my computer and i couldn't get on the web network controller missing and unknown device which is under adapters. i have a m2n-e sli mobo with amd 6400+ athlon cpu windows 7 x64.

A:network controller driver accidently removed can't find driver

Get your original motherboard driver disk and run it to detect and install devices that are on your motherboard
Let it "autorun"

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/91989-network-controller-driver-accidently-removed-cant-find-driver.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I CAN NOT FIND THIS DRIVER 3COM 910-A01 NETWORK CARD DRIVER?

A:I CAN NOT FIND THIS DRIVER 3COM 910-A01 NETWORK CARD DRIVER?

Hi: I'll see what I can find. Please list the OS you need it for and if it is 32 or 64 bit. Paul

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-CAN-NOT-FIND-THIS-DRIVER-3COM-910-A01-NETWORK-CARD-DRIVER/td-p/739017
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi All.Thanks for such a nice platform.
I am in deep problem.Your help would be very much appreciated.

I have HP Pavillion DV6500, Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Suddenly i was getting the blue screen error everytime i turn on my pc and eventually it crashed and restarted.I uninstalled one of the upgrade of windows from control panel.After doing so my USB port,Network ports are not working.Even WAN port and WIFI are also not working.I tried to rollback driver but its not working.

Is it anyhow possible to solve this issue?

A:USB Driver,HD Audio Driver,Network Port Disabled

Try this:

System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/277129-usb-driver-hd-audio-driver-network-port-disabled.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I've installed this on 3 client machines now (all win7 pro) and each of them has the same result: "none of the network adapters are bound to the netmon driver" when I try to capture.  I've run as admin, checked membership in teh NetMon Users
group on the local machine.  Nothing seems to help.
Any suggestions are welcome.
thx,
DML

DLovitt

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ba435695-84bf-48ff-9a52-c2588b4f3941/network-monitor-34-none-of-the-network-adapters-are-bound-to-the-netmon-driver?forum=netmon
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi So recently I have removed a nasty zeroaccess rootkit virus es from my laptop My Windows Firewall Defender and Updates would not work still won't my browser kept redirecting to unrelated websites and I was just overall having a TON of irritating issues I installed MalwareBytes and Zone Alarm in addition to my Microsoft Security Essentials and restarted my computer once - everything seemed fine I went to delete a few programs from my computer via the control panel just unneeded things like Canon software I don't even use anymore My computer told me I needed to restart so I did and when connection wireless driver adapter network Problems with and network it turned back on I suddenly had no more Internet access It registers that my Internet providers are being picked up on as in it says Silver Moose is emitting a signal yet I have quot limited access Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver quot and all other devices using the network in my home are working just fine I tried troubleshooting and it says that there Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver are problems with the wireless Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver network adapter and the driver for wireless network connection adapter I've read that removing a access will render someone Internet-less but some people have overcome this However every thread I've already taken a look at don't exactly fit with my problems computer model so I wanted to stay on the safe side and get help fitted exactly to me I have Windows bit a Gateway model NV I don't know if my processor Intel R Core details are needed If so I'll gladly provide them I ran ipconfig all and was about to transfer a copy of it from my messed up computer to this one via a flash drive but suddenly I've found that my computer doesn't recognize a flash drive at all anymore So it's very very messed up indeed I would REALLY like to know what I can do to try and make this situation better or if a system restore is the best option I don't know how to use system restore or what it all does so if you do recommend that can you please offer and explanation of the options it'll give me Will it give a time period I want to backtrack to I feel really helpless here so thanks a ton for any and all help

A:Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver

First with this remove Zone alarm, while it use to be a great product, it cause more issues than it's worth these days.
Next, Start menu-> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click on command prompt and run as Administrator.

Type in netsh winsock reset and reboot, see if the combination of these will help.

Otherwise, system restore is very simple to use and will only affect programs installed, not your personal files. If this doesn't solve the issue pick a time before the rootkit, a couple weeks if possible, and just restore it. You can scroll through all the date to make note of any changes that will be made. Make sure to re-install your AV and Malwarebytes afterwards to keep you protected.

Also, I do not work for Malwarebytes, but $29 for a lifetime license and an active protection module is absolutely worth it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/252548-problems-wireless-network-adapter-network-connection-driver.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Lets say that i want to format my pc and start off with new windows xp but i lost my driver cds. what type of drivers do i need to install?
My motherboard is a abit KV8pro uguru
currently running amd athlon 64 2800+
memory 512mb
samsung sync master 793df
my soundcard is intergrated on the motherboard same goes to lan device
graphics card is sapphire 9550 128mb

where can i get the replacements? thanks

Relevancy 41.71%

Let grandkids use this older computer(Dell 4550),after some time of non-use the screen was extremely grainy,with oversized fonts.Went to display section of Control Panel,and have no control of display.Went to Device Manager,and NVidia video card was listed,but claimed to not have enough resources to run properly.Like an idiot I deleted the AGP drivers ahead of the NVidia in the string,and lo and behold,now I have no video at all.What can I do to get video back?I cannot find original discs for this computer.

Relevancy 41.71%

On my wifes computer the lan driver disappeared. It is XP on a Gateway. The recovery disk has the driver but I cannot get it to download using the add new programs. It goes through as though it is downloading but is not there when I look under harware then drivers. I also have the driver on the external hard drive but also cannot figure out how to reload on computer.

A:Lost lan driver

You dont want to do this through add new programs.

Whats the model number of the system?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418871/lost-lan-driver/
Relevancy 41.71%

Dear sir/madam,

I have a HP compaq nx9030 laptop, running on windows xp. My cd-rom/dvd drive suddenly stopped working one day. I think i need to download and reinstall the driver for it, becuase no cd rom/dvd drive is even shown in my computer. i think the driver was accidentally deleted, i believe it was a toshiba driver but i can't identify exactly which one. How can i find the right driver and download it? any help would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 41.71%

I lost my olimpus digital voice recorder vn-1100pc driver for windows 7
If someone have that driver, or link where i can download...please send my

Thx, and Have a Beer!
MicRoBeer

A:I lost my driver!!!

Could try here.

http://www.bioticaindia.com/olympus-vn-1100-pc.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-lost-my-driver-519009.html
Relevancy 41.71%

i cant find my driver d and driver e they have just disappeared where can i find them or a safe and free place to download them from

A:lost my driver d and e please help

driver: a piece of software that communicates between your hardware and windows - you need that to enable a hardware device to function at all in Windows.
drive: usually some device that can accept (or in the case of hard drives holds) storage media. CD/DVD, hard drive, flash drive, floppy drive, etc.

I think you're talking about drive D and drive E. Were they hard disk partitions? Or were they something else (CD/DVD drives or mounted (virtual) drives)
If it's hard disk partitions, click start, run, then type diskmgmt.msc and check how things are set up. Don't make any changes. Just report back what you see. Also do you know how many (physical) hard drives you have, and how they are partitioned?

P.S: If you're unfamiliar with what partitions are: Normally the usually way to have your hard drives lettered are C: D: E: etc... (ignore CD's and DVD's for a minute), where each letter uses up a whole disk. Partitioning means you split a physical hard disk (something like this) into partitions, each with their own drive letter. They act as if they're several separate hard disks in Windows (though physically they may not be).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-my-driver-d-and-e-please-help-297338.html
Relevancy 41.71%

A few days ago I did a clean install of Windows Driver?not Adapter Network Driver Controller Now I have a problem The computer is a wireless 'client' It has a Realtek Network Controller Driver?not Adapter Driver RTL D D PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS When I bring up Device Manager and expand 'Network adapters' I see quot Network Controller Driver?not Adapter Driver Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller quot When I expand 'Other devices' I see quot Network Controller quot Note the Network Controller Driver?not Adapter Driver exclamation point Double click on that and I see quot The driver for this device is not installed Code When I click on Update driver I get a message Can't find a driver I have tried many times with different source folders and files and nowhere is a driver found I have gone to MSIs driver web page and downloaded the Realtek PCI-E Ethernet Driver for Windows bit quot realtek pcielan nb zip quot extracted the files and still no joy M B is MSI G M with Intel E There is a wireless icon in the tray I click 'Open network and sharing center quot No matter what I choose Win ends up telling me to plug in an Ethernet cable No this is a client not the server I have verified that the NIC can connect to the computer with the Ethernet cable by using the old XP hard disk Any suggestions

A:Network Controller Driver–not Adapter Driver

Disable the onboard lan in the bios if you aren't using a wire to ever connect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/38812-network-controller-driver-not-adapter-driver.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I recently had to reformat my hard-drive, and having moved several months ago, am unable to find all of my disks. I am trying to find the audio drivers for my system, but the site that is suposed to HAVE them, seems to be completely useless. Can you help?? It's an Asus product, but their site thus far has been a source of ENDLESS frustration and HOURS of wasted time. I have numbers and codes, but I'm not sure what you need. The main search I was given was 'K8V-MX Motherboard Drivers' (found nothing on asus.com I could open/use) Here's what I have for numbers:
Part No: NC-AS-K8V-MX/B
Description: ASUS SOCKET 754 VIA K8M800
3PCI/0ISA/0AMR 2DDR 1GAP8X

ANY help you can give me is much apreciated! Thank you for your time.

Rain

A:Searching for a lost driver

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Take a look HERE for your audio drivers etc.

Your mobo model is K8V-MX

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/searching-for-a-lost-driver.33834/
Relevancy 41.28%

Whilst looking through my system during driver updates I came across a non-plug and play file that has a problem. its reported as not there/ corrupted.
The main problem I have is, what is it and where can I get it?
The name of this file is "tcaicchg"

A:Lost File/Driver.

Hi

Try here

Peter

http://www.network-drivers.com/drivers/221/221974.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-file-driver-46387.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi everyone I have a problem I have a Webcam that is queit old but cant get hold of another atm Ive lost the disk to !!! Driver !! Lost HELP Webcam PLEASE install the driver for it and need to install the cam to stream I have checked the quot Drivers Guide quot on here and tried to look myself but i have limited knowledge and may not be doing as good as others can PLEASE can anyone help all the info I have PLEASE HELP !! Lost Webcam Driver !!! on the cam is below cam is a quot Blue Thunder quot on back is a serial number which is PC There is no other info i have But here is a description of the cam incase anyone has seen one or knows what i mean It is standing on a blue foot the trunk goes up like an upside down pear shape It is Flat facing not round and is grey colour on the front The lense is black and theres a little green light to the top left on the front Under the lense is the words BLUE and under that THUNDER with a Bolt of lightening as the quot N quot in Thunder Please can anyone help Much appreciate any help given this is the name of the camera BLUE THUNDER EYE II just found out hte name from a picture on ebay can anyone help please nbsp

A:PLEASE HELP !! Lost Webcam Driver !!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Take a look HERE, it may help.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-lost-webcam-driver.57364/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi
I know it is stupid not to know how to do this but....
I need to reformat my C drive and I have lost my video card drivers cd. I have downloaded the exe file containing driver set up from the manufacturer web site and put it on my other drive. But - once I have reformatted my c drive and re-installed windows, how do I then re-install the drivers if my graphics card is not working?
I don't really understand how it works. Can someone clever tell me please?

A:Need To Reformat - Lost My Driver Cd

After the format and getting your antivirus and firewall back on your computer, simply go to your other drive, open the file, and install the drivers.
Your card will work before you install the drivers. There have been times I've formatted my computer, and forgotten to install the video card drivers. And I've never had any problems without them.

As a side note: whenever you get software that has an install disk, make at least one copy of it.
That way, if your original gets lost, scratched, broken, etc. you'll have a backup.
And to avoid lost disks, buy a cd holder-put all program disks in it and keep it near your computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96768/need-to-reformat-lost-my-driver-cd/
Relevancy 41.28%

Okay
I don't really know what a driver is but

I accidently clicked alcrmv and a little thing popped up and said removing something driver. I clicked X and end now, but now my music won't play

The one under it said alcupd which said Instal/update something driver and I let it do it, like.. 6 seconds.. still nothing?

How can I get my old stuff back?

Relevancy 41.28%

My dvd drive will not work, can i download driver software

A:Lost ds8a5sh driver

The driver for all CD/DVD drives is a generic Microsoft driver built into Windows (XP & later), so It's probably not a driver issue.
I've no idea which version of Windows you have but see if this helps: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Why-doesnt-my-CD-or-DVD-drive-work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-ds8a5sh-driver.1081179/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi...I just ran the PC Pitstop driver scanner. It says I havr 9 bad drivers?!?!
I don't really have any problems with my computer, it is 4 years old and I run Windows XP.
Should I pay the $29.95 to Driveragent.com and download the drivers it suggests??? Does anyone have any experience with this place??? Any help appreciated
Teresa

A:Lost in VA...Driver updates

A lot of times updated drivers MAY (and I say may because there is no guarantee) make your system run better, could make it worse, or it'll run the same.

When it comes to Windows, Drivers, and hardware, I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Paying $30.00 for updated drivers seems steep, when you can go to the manufacturers website and download them for free, but I guess it's more for convenience than anything.

There's my two cents

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-in-va-driver-updates.561708/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,I had Radeon (TM) HD 6470 driver and the game was working just fine, then i decided to update the driver and ended up messing up everything. Now when i go to device manager i dont find the Radeon driver anymore, it says: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter.For that reason i cant play games like Overwatch and it gives me this message:"no compatible graphics hardware was found"any help please? is there a way to get my old drivers back?thank you best regards

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Display-driver-lost/td-p/5677645
Relevancy 41.28%

Ok. So my fan overheated. Somehow lost keyboard driver. Can't login as admin because no way to type password. have onscreen kb (obviously) but can't useit at startup. No way to dload drvr w/out adm. privlgs. Any suggestions?

A:Keyboard driver lost

unplug then re plug it in then re start basic driver is in xp

if keyboard not found then issue is elsewhere although dells used to be a pain for doing this and you needed two keyboards one usb and the other the older round pin ps/2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-driver-lost.1048463/
Relevancy 41.28%

sir,       i lost my wifi driver and i searched for driver but i am not able to get it.model no. HP Pavalion n012 TX.please look in to this issue asap

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/wifi-driver-is-lost/td-p/5709708
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a Dell 4500 and regular speakers for my pc does anyone know where i can download a generic sound driver. Dell does not have generic sound driver on their support site only upgraded sound drivers. I just need a basic so i can get my system up and running again.

Thanks

Z effect

A:Lost Sound Driver

if you have xp for your dell i found this site check it out and see if you can find some infohttp://www.driverguide.com/boards/sound-cards10/2565.html here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/42370/lost-sound-driver/
Relevancy 41.28%

When I converted from win7 to win8 my iPad sync via iTunes. would not work. I checked system manager and it Said that I did not have the IPad driver installed , it was 100 pc ok under win7. I then tried to load the iPad driver via system manager and it came up "windows found driver software but encounter an error while trying to install it". I presume win 8 was trying to install the driver but encounter an error. Are there any suggestions as to how I can rectify this problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/11527-ipad-driver-lost.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I m not sure what s going on here but within a short period of time Norton Systemworks stopped working my CDRW drive stopped working and several Windows functions including System Restore and Search quit working I have Windows XP and believe my registry has been corrupted perhaps by a virus maybe Trojan Tooso The first symptom was and driver lost CD/RW other mysteries Norton SystemWorks stopped working and I would get an error message quot Missing ccl dll driver quot I was prompted to reinstall Norton Systemworks so that s what I tried to do I began by uninstalling the original installation but the uninstall hung due to missing files I then inserted the NSW installation CD in the CD RW drive Samsung CDRW DVD SM- B and tried to reinstall the software The installer began by attempting CD/RW driver lost and other mysteries to uninstall the existing installation of NSW but it too hung And then I lost my CD drive function In Windows Device Manager I get a message quot Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code quot I attempted to do a System Restore to a previous good configuration but the system restore failed CD/RW driver lost and other mysteries I have also noticed some other problems The Windows Search function does not work the cute dog appears but the menu items do not Also I am having problems logging onto some of my internet accounts I have tried to download the Samsung SM- B device driver from DriverGuide com but for some reason the site hangs when I submit registration info Without a CD drive or ability to download missing drivers I don t know how to fix my problem Help pete I have attached my hijack this file below Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS runservice exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Creative SBLive AudioHQ AHQTB EXE C WINDOWS SM BG EXE C Program Files Plaxo InstallStub exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C Program Files Common Files efax HotTray exe C Program Files Common Files efax Dllcmd exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopDisplay exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopCrawl exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopOE exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http news google com news ned us R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Desktop Search Capture - c ce - e - fc - - c - C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIE dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dl... Read more

A:CD/RW driver lost and other mysteries

I don't know about your other issues, but as for the cdrom problem, you can fix it by deleting the upper and lower filters in your registry. Follow this MS KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314060

Be careful in your registry. Make sure you're removing exactly what the article tells you to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rw-driver-lost-and-other-mysteries.368123/
Relevancy 41.28%

hey guys im stuck im using a MSI NETBOOK MS-N014 ON WINDOWS STARTER

i updated as usual on win update all was fine while ethernet was in use now wireless has gone no sign on it in device mngr, tried reinstalling but cant find it either on my netbook or on msi support aww help plz

regards Jay

A:wireless driver lost

Hi did you try the MSI support page for your model, please check this is the exact model as it may make a difference to installing the correct driver.MSI Notebook Product Specifications

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-driver-lost-917722.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,
Complicated story but after trying to install Windows 7 I couldn't get it to work so the only other disk I had was Windows XP Home. Installation went smoothly. Only thing is, I can't connect to the internet or my network because the ethernet driver was not regonized. A link to a site where you can download a driver would be useless because I have no connection. Please help.

A:Ethernet Driver Lost

Can you post the specs of PC. make/model
Filling out System Specs

You would need to download the drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/170008-ethernet-driver-lost.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey, I recently got a new free computer. Naturally.. it's a peice.. lol but I formatted it from vista home basic to xp pro again and i can get everything to work fine except for the audio drivers which i can't seem to find anywhere.. I'm not that pro at understanding audio drivers so I was hoping someone could help me here I; Ive googled and searched alot but Don't want to screw anything up by installing anything wrong. but according to Astra 32 my chipset vendor is Nvidia
the sound chip is MCP51 high definition audio
and AC'97/HDA Codec name is Analog Device AD1986A

Everything i get on google mentions soundmax or asus and sadly im not sure where to turn Please help I need my music

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,I had Radeon (TM) HD 6470 driver and the game was working just fine, then i decided to update the driver and ended up messing up everything. Now when i go to device manager i dont find the Radeon driver anymore, it says: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter.For that reason i cant play games like Overwatch and it gives me this message:"no compatible graphics hardware was found"any help please? is there a way to get my old drivers back?thank you best regards

A:Display driver lost!

Hi: You have to live with the latest version of the graphics driver on the support page for your notebook. The easiest thing to try first is to run the system restore utility and pick a restore point nearest to the time before you installed the updated graphics driver. If you are unfamiliar with how system restore works, watch this video below... https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=system+restore+utility+windows+7&qpvt=system+restore+utility+wi...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Display-driver-lost/td-p/5677645
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey all. I think I am in need of a driver. In short, I have done as much as my experience has allowed me and I need your help.

Issue: Inserting CD into CD-ROM and nothing appears either in My Computer or by Autoplay. No, I have ruled out Autoplay and/or registry as the issue, Unless I am overlooking something of course.

My CD-ROM is identified as this in the device manager: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T10N and the error contained within appears as this: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

I very much need this drive to play discs, all solutions welcome and very much appreciated.

fN

Relevancy 40.85%

My memory stick address does not show up on "my computer" anymore. I purchased a new MagicGate 256 memory stick pro and downloaded the software to format it, but the memory stick device does not show. I have a Sony Vaio PCGNV190P, using XPP. The memory stick device is built into the unit. Sony support says to delete the device driver and restart for plugnplay to reinstall it, but there is nothing that resembles this driver in the hardware/device driver/category. Could it be listed as something else that I am not familiar with?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-memory-stick-driver.203992/
Relevancy 40.85%

hi i install win xp in a dell laptop model and lost the ethernet driver and it won t give xp install ethernet lost driver and win me a internet connection i went to dell support and down loaded all the drivers for this stupid install win xp and lost ethernet driver laptop install sound drivers that work find video fine also the wireles mini card driver and that mini card started working fine i do have a install win xp and lost ethernet driver wireless router and the and it showing um connect but when i click internet explorer it says page cannot be display also when i open device manager and goto ethernet network adaptors i have a yellow and yellow point and when i install win xp and lost ethernet driver click on general tab it says theres no drver installed for the ethernet network adaptor could some body tell me where can i get this ethernet driver because i think thats why um not getting internet service also when i use my verizon wirles usb modem it connects to the internet but when i try to use my moms ethernet wire all wireles net work it wont connect plese someone help me with this thanks for your reply nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

What is the best way to get this driver reinstalled on this particular machine? It is running XP. Of course all software needed is on a CD to fix and load.

Flash drive, internet connection are available.

Thanks!

Relevancy 40.85%

Spnntaneous loss of driver or USB root software with inability to replace it via printer cd or online attempts. Dell will not help without a $129 software warranty. This problem has occurred more than once and Dell fixed it the first time; then the problem was solved by adding a chipset driver.

Computer and printer are not communicating; thus, I get to the last page of installation before getting error message. No messages stating what the cause of the error is . Dell says software is corrupted. Then why does the printer cd not correct the problem by reinstalling the printer? System is Dell Vostro 220, Windows 7, and V313 printer.

Any help would be apprecitated.

Relevancy 40.85%

I have no sound and my comp tells me there is no Media Player driver installed.

How do I do this please? I understand there are free downloads available - but which one is best for my comp. which is an AMD Athlon XP1800 with 1.53GHZ and 224MB RAM?

I would also like to increase to at least 2GHZ. Is this possible?

Thank you and regards.
john

A:Lost Media Player Driver

When you say no media player driver installed do you mean no audio driver? Did you check this in device manager? If so you will need to download the audio driver, what is the type of PC you have? If it is a geniric you will need to post the M/B model number (it's written on the M/B so you will have to take the side of the case off). If this is to daunting go to this link and post your hardware results only. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125618/lost-media-player-driver/
Relevancy 40.85%

When cleaning up a Dell 8200 we apparently deleted a need driver? I have tried to use Dell's support to build a flash enabled floppy with the downloaded driver on it. This failed. Without the drive I can not reload windows xp home to correct the problem. Any suggestions would be helpful. System restore has not helped either.

Relevancy 40.85%

I lost the cd that came from my digitrex cam. I tried downloading them from the net but they won't work. I tried contacting digitrex and had no avail. I am wondering if anyone can send me one.
Please help me out. I don't want to garbage my new camera.
I use windows xp if that helps you out.

I tried putting my computer back to win 98. The driver from the sight installed but still the computer did not see the camera. Now i am back to win xp after hours of setup.

Please help.

Relevancy 40.85%

I cannot connect to the Internet because none of the network drivers are showing. I was going to use this for Microsoft Flight Simulator so what Ethernet Card can I buy to install or usb wireless driver should I purchase to install. The current Ethernet is built into the motherboard. The number on the actual Ethernet plug housing is p53-153-11z9, and it is a Salmon motherboard.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-updated-to-Win-7-64-but-and-lost-the-driver-for-the/td-p/5702101
Relevancy 40.85%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard h Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Hi Prior to connecting a HD graphics card into this pc the sound and microphone sockets worked fine we then installed the HD card and used the HDMI cable and the sound was ok only through the TV what I did not realise and now feel a bit of a numpty is that the vga connector was not going to be used as the pc is a SFF - then realised that the VGA low profile bracket was included the microphone and the sound would not work through the pc jacks After fitting driver sound win Solved: pc 7 lost HP this - I got Solved: HP win 7 pc lost sound driver a little carried away and could not remember why the sound and mic through the pc jacks would not work I think that we have deleted the driver for this board Could anyone explain a way of getting the drivers back - went through the intel web site and ran the utility this did not help The pc is a refurb bought off the internet and was working fine until I started to mess with it therefore there is no recovery disk and Solved: HP win 7 pc lost sound driver the pc does not have a cd writer that I will have to fit from another pc I have bolting door after horse gone springs to mind My son who the pc was bought for has installed minecraft and bio shock and for some reason - it may be that the pc has always had two partitions though I did not notice it and the C partition is virtually full GB of GB and the E partition is empty at GB is it possible to remove the E I assume this is for the recovery I have never used win and it is a little worrying do I need to run any other utility thanking you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

need help plsss. i reformat my pc few days ago. after reformatting the speaker don't have a sound. i tried to locate my audio driver using directx diagnostic tool. their is no name at audio. locating it at control panel-sound and audio devices their is no audio driver.

how can i locate my audio driver? before this computer has a sound now its gone.

i tried realtec ac97 audio driver but it doest solve the problem.

and also in the device manager i found a device with yellow color on other devices. its a Pci modem does it cause the problem too?

thanks for the help.

A:sound and audio driver lost

System manufacturer and model?

What process did you use to accomplish this "reformat"?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/241403/sound-and-audio-driver-lost/
Relevancy 40.85%

After replacing a broken hard drive, I no longer have my beats audio. I have tried to fix this by looking at other forum solutions and doing what they suggested to do but I still have no luck. To make matters worse, my audio is completely gone now after trying to add the beats audio. What can I do to fix this whole thing?

A:Lost Beats Audio driver

@MikeBern? What is the exact model or product number of your laptop??? REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Lost-Beats-Audio-driver/td-p/5596393
Relevancy 40.85%

i am reinstalling software on my notebook computer and cannot locate the driver for my pcmcia ethernet card. it is a portable add-ons ethernet+ 10/100 fast model. any suggestions on where i may be able to download such a driver would be most appreciated.

A:lost pcmcia ethernet driver

Try looking here:
http://www.portable.co.uk/SUPPORT/conn_net.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-pcmcia-ethernet-driver.65101/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all,
I am lost!!! My computer is being mean! Its running very slow as it hangs on every click like its starving for memory. Ive run every malware scan in existence but i still have the problem. However, it works fine in SAFE MODE. Im not sure how to paste the log as i have seen in other posts. HELPPPP!

SN: I am also not able to install new windows updates.

A:Virus? Driver Issue? I'm Lost!!!!

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/386215/virus-driver-issue-im-lost/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all It s about a month that i have a problem with my modem It has a USB cable and a LAN For these kind of modems you need to install USB driver to use the USB cable modem USB suddenly driver lost! I d installed USB modem driver suddenly lost! the driver and every thing were good bud one day while a connected USB cable to my laptop windows siad USB Device Not Recognized quot I connected it for many times but every time a saw that error I called to the modem company adn they said you USB modem driver suddenly lost! have lost your driver so tried to install the driver again but it couldn t set correctly I think it s problem with my registry because i have lost all of my USB drivers few days ago I fixed it amp everything is OK now except the modem Is the any way to solve the problem My system Modem Huawei SmartAX MT a OS Win bit I don t know English well so sorry for my bad writing nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-modem-driver-suddenly-lost.1111937/
Relevancy 40.85%

On reboot I get to the Logon screen The mouse works fine and I click driver Windows lost keyboard its to seems have to enter my logon password As soon as I hit a key on Windows seems to have lost its keyboard driver the keyboard the PC freezes I tried booting in safe mode and the keyboard was OK So I went to Device Manager and saw a quot quot against the keyboard driver So I uninstalled the driver and then tried to re-install it It told me that there is no driver available So I used my Windows XP Home install disk to repair the OS It went trundling through and came to a point where it needed sisagp sys I Windows seems to have lost its keyboard driver located it on my motherboard setup CD and all looked fine and dandy until it got to the quot enter your product licence key quot screen One touch on the keyboard and everything froze Now its stuck in an eternal loop - when I reboot it restarts the setup routine and gets to the same place every time The PC has two hard disks and I still have an old copy of XP installed on D I can boot to D that s how I got here and the keyboard s fine So I know there s nothing wrong with the hardware and the problem is somewhere in Windows config In the end I realise I may just have to back up all the stuff on C and do a completely new install but I d rather not as there are so many applications that I ll have to install Is it possible to get out of that Windows setup loop Can I edit the registry or something on C while I m booted from D I have a copy of the entire registry from a few days ago Can I use that to get out of the setup loop ANY help will be most appreciated please please please Many thanks in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-seems-to-have-lost-its-keyboard-driver.17517/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a wireless card just like the one in the link below. I cannot find the driver CD and also can't find a copy of it anywhere on the web. Might someone have this somewhere??

http://www.isellsurplus.com/product.asp?id=13588&c=21&s=116

THANKS!!!

Cheryl

Relevancy 40.85%

I had a network set up between my Win 7 machine and a XP box, and was sharing whole HDD's ie M:/ D:/ and F:/ these are all data areas and not where either operating systems live. I had this set up using (Workgroups) on both machine and was able to read / write across machines in either direction with no problems.

Then after a while of use, I find first the one direction was blocked , now both are lost???? and I can't even "PING" my other machine?

Win 7 sees only ONE machine? itsself, on the network? from the XP end I get the two icons for the two machines, however clicking on the Win 7 machine brings back "Access Denied"

I have tried reseting my router to no avail, anybody know why this has just started to happen, and I didn't do or change anything?

A:Network between 7 and XP lost?

Oh wow..I just posted almost the exact same message...see mine:

Connection lost between Win7 and WinXP

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/59012-network-between-7-xp-lost.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Running W10 Pro with Anniversary Update.

I use a WD MyCloud NAS connected via ethernet. I have three media players also connected via ethernet using powerlines. Never had a problem until today. Now none of the media players can find or connect to the network. The NAS doesn't appear in the Network page unless I type its address into the Network bar. Tried all of the fixes to get it to appear on the network page but nothing worked. The NAS firmware is current. The ethernet adapter has the current driver for the Qualcom Atheros AR8161 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30). All powerlines appear to be working as they should. Wireless working with no problems.

Running a diagnosis on the adapter gave me the attached. I've rebooted the router/modem a number of times but that didn't work. Question is the problem with my router, adapter or NAS?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65055-lost-network.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Had a virus Win trojan gen other - It was found Network Lost using Avast Followed directions in Networking section and seems to be deleted Has not respawned after many reboots computer network XP SP and Win SE XP and Win cannot communicate with other XP but everyone can access all others on network for file sharing and NETWORK printer BUT NOT SHARED printer or shared files on XP I have tried reinstalling network on all machines checked firewall settings no help Below is Hijack This log created by Higjack This Analyzer Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm programs Security Programs Detected C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files a a guard exe O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O Lost Network - HKCU Run a-squared quot C Program Files a a guard exe quot O - Service avast iAVS Control Service aswUpdSv - Unknown owner - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe O - Service avast Antivirus - Unknown owner - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http channels aimtoday com search aimtoolbar jsp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Desktop Search Capture - c ce - e - fc - - c - C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIE dll file missing O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - HKLM RunServices Kernall Default Kernall exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dll file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dll file missing O - Extra button AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - no file O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - no file O - Trusted Zone musicmatch com O - Trusted Zone musicmatch com HKLM O - DPF A BB - - EC-ACCB- EAE B SysProWmi Class - http support dell com systemprofiler SysPro CAB O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF A E- A - BB- - F C A SkillJamLoader Class - http aol skilljam com ssp SkillJamLoader cab O - DPF CF- - -AD - E DF AXTNS Control - http qs pair com webprim maths ivex axtns php O - DPF A CF B-EC A- D-A D- DC B AB B QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class - http aolcc aol com computercheckup qdiagcc cab O - DPF BB F - F - EC -BF D- BD C AE ASquaredScanForm Element - http www windowsecurity com trojanscan axscan cab O - Service AOL Connectivity Service AOL ACS - America Online - C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe O - Service AOL TopSpeed Monitor AOL TopSpeedMonitor - America Online Inc - C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe O - Service avast Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe quot service file missing O - Service avast Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe quot service file missing O - Service BrSplService Brother XP spl Service - brother Industries Ltd - C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe O - Service Kodak Camera Connection Software KodakCCS - Eastman Kodak Company - C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe O - Service Intel NCS NetService NetSvc - Intel R Corporation - C Program Files Intel NCS Sync NetSvc exe O - Service WAN Miniport ATW Service WANMiniportService - America Online Inc - C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe End of KRC HijackThis Analyzer... Read more

A:Lost Network

Hi and Welcome to TSF

Before attacking an adware/spyware problem with hijackthis make sure you have already run ad-aware SE with VX2 add-on cleaner, Spybot Search & Destroy (with updated database) and CWShredder as these programs will clean a lot of the crap out first. All links to programs are in my signature. Ok..on to the log?..

Please go to at least two of these sites and run an online Virus Scan.
Be sure to have the AutoFix box(es) checked.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
http://www3.ca.com/virusinfo/virusscan.aspx
http://www.pandasoftware.com/actives..._principal.htm
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/license.php
http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/d...d=ie&venid=sym
http://www3.ca.com/virusinfo/virusscan.aspx

Go to My Computer->Tools->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled. Also make sure that the System Files and Folders are showing/visible also. Please make sure system restore is enabled by right clicking on My Computer and go to Properties->System Restore and check the box for Turn OFF System Restore and make sure it?s NOT checked. We want system restore ON and monitoring your current hard drive. Once your clean we will turn this off and then create a new restore point.

Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up). Make sure to close any open browsers. Check and fix the following in HijackThis if they still exist (make sure you do not miss an entry)

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://channels.aimtoday.com/search/aimtoolbar.jsp
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Kernall Default] Kernall.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.musicmatch.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.musicmatch.com (HKLM)

Kernall.exe <--locate and delete that file.

Reboot the PC.

Download, install, and update Ewido Security SuiteInstall ewido security suite
Launch ewido, there should be a big E icon on your desktop, double-click it.
The program will prompt you to update click the OK button
The program will now go to the main screen
You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.On the left hand side of the main screen click update
Click on Start
The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
After the updates are installed, exit Ewido

Reboot into Safe Mode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode, then hit enter.
[*]Run Ewido.[*]Click on scanner[*]Make sure the following boxes are checked before scanning:
Binder
Crypter
Archives
[*]Click on Start Scan[*]Let the program scan the machine[/list]While the scan is in progress you will be prompted to clean the first infected file it finds. Choose "clean", then put a check next to "Perform action on all infections" in the left corner of the box so you don't have to sit and watch Ewido the whole time. Click OK.

Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save reportClick Save report
Save the report to your desktop
Exit Ewido
Reboot into normal mode.

Please post the Ewido scan log, hijackthis log, and the log from the following tool...

Download Silent runners.Vbs http://www.silentrunners.org/
1. Make sure you have any script blocking software disabled
2. Run the program. It will take a few minutes to complete.
3. Once complete it will produce a log named ?StartupPrograms? with Your user and date in the filename. Open that txt file and posts it contents in your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/lost-network-58956.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My daughter has lost her computers network. She said she installed something called Warez, it prompted her for an IP address, she made one up. She then lost internet connection. She then uninstalled Warez but the internet is still not available.

I have a home LAN installed with a DHCP server which should supply, but the computer is not getting an IP address from it.
I have checked the IP setting for the adapter is "Obtain an IP address automatically", I have also tried overriding this with a valid IP, subnet and gateway address to no avail.
I cannot ping any addresses on my network.
I have tried a Windows repair, but it's still the same.

An IPCONFIG /RENEW ALL gives message:
The operation has failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for the operation.
Can anyone give some advice please.

Relevancy 40.42%

I seemed to delete the wireless driver on my stick. Does anyone have a link to download it or know how to retrive it ? Thanks for any help

A:Lost Realtek RTL8723BS wireless driver

http://support.lenovo.com/uu/en/     

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Beacon-Stick-300-D-J-and/Lost-Realtek-RTL8723BS-wireless-driver/td-p/3295624
Relevancy 40.42%

Morning all I have a friends computer here at work we did a fresh install with his recovery disks since when he has had the machine in can't find Lost Monitor LG Solved: Driver anywhere storage for some time now and couldn t get into windows without it feezing on him even on safe mode So after Solved: LG Monitor Driver Lost can't find anywhere installing everything seems ok but when he tries to hook up his monitor LG l P the Drivers on the CD give an error Message quot LGE has cause error in Dirapi DLL quot Which won t allow for the display adapters to install which causes his display to be stuck at x i ve tried all I can think of but it s all the same the driver for the monitor shows in device manager but I get a Standard Display adapter which I believe it why he can t change his resolution I ve tried going on the LG website but it s no longer on there site for download or any other driver web site can someone please help nbsp

A:Solved: LG Monitor Driver Lost can't find anywhere

Also it's a compaq presario 5WV254 running Windows ME very out dated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lg-monitor-driver-lost-cant-find-anywhere.740006/
Relevancy 40.42%

i recently reformat my laptop Inspiron 14R (5420, Mid 2012) after finish reformatting there is no drivers.
Also I cant connect to wifi as there is no drivers. Pls help thank you :}

A:Windows 7 ultimate x64 reformat,driver lost

Windows does not install all your drivers, especially with a laptop.

You have to get your drivers from the manufacturer`s website.

Dell Inspiron 14R Optional Touch Screen Notebook Details | Dell

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/373688-windows-7-ultimate-x64-reformat-driver-lost.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Trying to be helpful to my hubby, *sigh*, I was browsing through Properties to *fix* something that went awry with his display. I noticed his display was set to Nvidia, and changed it back to default. WRONG!!!

Now we can't find a way to change it back. When he boots, all his icons disappear off the left of his screen. When he tries to open anything at all, it also disappears off the left of the screen. All you can see is his wallpaper and the bottom tool bar.

We tried rebooting in Safe Mode, but you can't change monitor drivers there.

(Compaq Presario S6000V, Win XP, Samsung flat screen monitor, Nvidia card was installed for high-demand games.)

We're desperate, guys! What can we do to put it back?

Relevancy 40.42%

Video driver not working, blank screen after Windows logo.
OS Windows XP-1 upgraded to XP-2.

Lost my video driver, on my older HP 951 computer.
It came with XP-1, I upgraded a long time ago.

I tried to recover with both the XP-1 & XP-2 disks, won't work.
I have net access, obviously on a newer computer.
Is there a way I can download a driver and install it on my 951,
OR recover the driver, that must be there?

It boots up, but after showing the Windows "Logo Screen", it's black.
I just have some old info. and files on it, I really would like to keep.
Can anyone suggest a reasonable solution.
My technical skills are medium low....

A:Video Driver Lost/Screen Blank HELP

you need to login into safe mode. safe mode uses a standard set of drivers in VGA mode that should let you get in to your system and fix any problems. you can enter safe mode by entering the boot menu after the bios screen by pressing F8. you must do this before the windows logo come on the screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-driver-lost-screen-blank-help.747069/
Relevancy 40.42%

I lost the disks that came with my printer . i amt rying to connect it to my laptop and i cant find the drivers online. Help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19983612
Relevancy 40.42%

i am using Win Media Player 11. I installed another player. At the first, both players seemed to work well but after about 2 weeks, they seem to stop working. Sometimes, i can play music on them with no sound, and sometimes cant play.
and for webs, when i play music ( like YOUTUBE), there is sometimes no sound.
although i uninstalled the second player but that doesn't work.
my friend said that: i have to reinstall sound driver. should i reinstall sound driver? if so,plz help me find the right driver. No. : X08 73061 and the service tag: 9FYR941. thanks a lot !!!

A:lost sound_ find sound driver .. help me plz !!

If it is a dell computer, go to support.dell.com, put in your model number of service tag and you can get all the drivers for it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-sound_-find-sound-driver-help-me-plz-345917.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey Guys,

I recently purchased second hand an acer aspire 5315 laptop/net book and it was running WINDOWS 7 PRO, due to a severe lack or space and fake OS I upgraded it to WINDOWS XP PRO OS.

Since doing so I lost all the drivers, as the PC was made for windows vista the acer website only lists the Vista Drivers. I have used DRIVER ROBOT, and every other driver finder, however it still is not finding the following drivers:

I have tried everything, and am at a complete loss, the intel website can't find it due to the fact that I am using BELKIN dongle to connect to try and find drivers, and it just states that this is not supported.

Has anyone got a clue?

also included is the following information about what PC is running etc.

Thanks in advance

Jake

A:from windows vista to xp (lost wireless driver)

Unfortunately Acer fit custom components in many of their laptops & these require custom drivers. Only Acer has these custom drivers.

There's just a small chance that, if you can find out what make/model the motherboard is, you might find suitable drivers on the motherboard manufacturer's website. Then again, if the motherboard was custom made for Acer it may not be listed.

You can discover the make & model of the motherboard by downloading Belarc Advisor and running it on the Acer laptop.
Get it here: http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-windows-vista-to-xp-lost-wireless-driver.984133/
Relevancy 40.42%

IE was acting a bit strange and i decided to reboot Upon reboot I got an error message that said my norton driver could not load and the antivirus will not work I ran cw shredder and it said I was clean but when I ran adaware I found infections most of them quot wild tangent quot I got rid of these and then ran spybot and norton and spyware lost problem driver it said I was clean I rebooted and still got the same error message i attempted to restore to an earlier point but when I go to help and support nothing comes up I ran hijack this and following is my log any ideas BTY I lost norton driver and spyware problem am running xp home Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF Smc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C WINDOWS System ScsiAccess EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System RunDll exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Efficient Networks SpeedStream DSL SPDSTRM EXE C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files KODAK Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C WINDOWS System HPHipm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www srh noaa gov data forecasts OHZ php warncounty OHC amp city Springfield R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run PMXInit C WINDOWS System pmxinit exe O - HKLM Run C-Media Speaker Configuration C PROGRA C-Media WIN ME Setup exe SPEAKER O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run DSL Monitor C Program Files Efficient Networks SpeedStream DSL SPDSTRM EXE O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS System hphmon exe O - HKLM Run HPHUPD quot C Program Files HP Photosmart hphinstall UniPatch hphupd exe quot O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run mmtask C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe O - Startup DLHelperEXE exe O - Global Startup Kodak EasyShare software lnk C Program Files KODAK Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files... Read more

A:lost norton driver and spyware problem

Finally got to a restore point and all is well now.......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-norton-driver-and-spyware-problem.208160/
Relevancy 40.42%

seem to use my webcam,i need links to buy or to download for free pls .i love this webcam is the best i ever had since05

A:I am new in this pls can someone help me wit a panwest webcam driver i lost mine.cant

Tell us more. To what computer has it been hooked up? How long has it worked. How could you lose a driver. Where did you get the driver you had before.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-am-new-in-this-pls-can-someone-help-me-wit-a-panwest-webcam-driver-i-lost-mine-cant.140529/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a Dell Inspiron N5010.  This was bought with Windows 7, nor running Windows 10.
I use the ITC high definition audio driver.   Dell warn that this is not guaranteed to work under Windows 10.  But it's been OK for a while.
Yesterday I had a "please update Java" message.  And my sound stopped working.
After various attempts to re-install the driver - which didn't work - I accidentally deleted the "Sound, video and games controller" entry in device manager.  So there's no way I know of the install a sound driver, when there is no entry in device manager.

HELP!  Any ideas how to get it back?

A:Lost sound driver after Java update

Here's my device manager list.  You will see that there is no entry for a sound controller.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19987111
Relevancy 40.42%

I can't seem to get Windows 7 SP1 to load a driver for an HP printer that is on my home network. My laptop sees it but won't let me make it the default printer or load a driver so that I can link to it wirelessly. I restored my laptop back to windows 7
because Windows 10 was moving too slow. I only have 4gigs of memory, and windows 10 probably runs better with 8gigs of memory.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f52ee902-9022-4792-a1df-5a658bebc843/how-can-i-get-windows-7-sp1-to-load-a-print-driver-thatamp39s-compatible-with-the-hp-printer?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 40.42%

brief story of my life
-had blaster worm
-fixed it with updates, patches, and norton updates
-worked fine for a couple of hours
-computer restarted by itself (not RPC)
-network connections all gone even net adapters etc...
-but i can see my dsl connection from internet options and i can connect properly when explorer auto-connects
-when i make a new connection from the wizard nothing happens after i finish, it doesn't even make a shortcut on my desktop

does anyone know how i can fix it or whats wrong with my damn computer?

please help...im trying to network my computers but can't because of this....

thanks,

HORSERADISH

Relevancy 40.42%

Had browser up and working then started a MS update session with 4 updates. The updates all failed and my browser lost all network connectivity.

Windows 7 Home Premium running on an HP e9280t desktop, i7 920 processors, 8 GB memory.

Went through HP support with out any joy. Reset router and modem. Used MS tool to verify router is fully compatible with Win7. Cannot ping the router, nor execute an ipconfig /reset. Tried new network card - same thing.

A:Lost network connectivity

Quote: Originally Posted by sjboyer

Had browser up and working then started a MS update session with 4 updates. The updates all failed and my browser lost all network connectivity.

Windows 7 Home Premium running on an HP e9280t desktop, i7 920 processors, 8 GB memory.

Went through HP support with out any joy. Reset router and modem. Used MS tool to verify router is fully compatible with Win7. Cannot ping the router, nor execute an ipconfig /reset. Tried new network card - same thing.

The only active connection is ethernet and it isnt configured correctly. Heve you checked device manager to make sure the driver is installed and working correctly? (type device manager in search>go to network connections. Yours should be listed and not have a yellow triangle on it.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/86412-lost-network-connectivity.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I seem to have lost the ability to share files and a printer thru my simple network. I can connect to the internet on both. I tried to use the network wizard to reset the network and on the desktop I get the error - Spooler SubSystem App has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. When I try to print from the laptop I get a message about not being able to find spooler. Any idea whats wrong and what I need to do to fix it?
Thanks,
Suzy

A:Lost Network connection

First try re-installing the printer software on all computers on the network .
If no joy there, look at:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324757

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-network-connection.547233/
Relevancy 40.42%

hello there folks
I need some help with 'wireless networking'. I have a D-Link DSL-G604T modem/router and Dell Inspiron 1300 laptop computer for internet use. Until recently all was well (accessed internet on Friday 16th - then nothing the following day?), but for some reason the laptop can no longer 'see/find' my wireless network?

i can still access the internet by using an ethernet (straight through) cable connected to one of the LAN ports! Also on checking the installed wireless LAN card in the laptop through the device manager it shows as 'this device is working properly'

Any ideas on how to 'find' the network again? Or eliminate the modem or laptop as the cause?

As always if I can give you any other info, jusk ask.
Cheers
currants

Relevancy 40.42%

I've re-installed window xp but couldn't find Network Device. I've found all sound,video,graphics etc all lost their drivers. I tried download the network driver but don't know the brand. I opened up the pc and found there was a Red # on the network card box "P53-152-19w9". the motherboard is ASP8X. Can you help locate the network card brand or where to download the driver ? Thanks

A:lost network after pc re-installed

is this a home built pc or a prebuilt if prebuilt like a Dell what is the make and model number.?? if it is homebuilt use the driver disk that came with the motherboard.

that motherboard number does not make sense ...keep searching for a better model no.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-network-after-pc-re-installed-453153.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi Guys Sorry to ask I am new and Win is causing me a lot of grief I am trying to connect to another Win PC on my network I have NAS UD -PC Dan-PC UD -PC I am not this Raspberry Pi In Windows Explorer I see only NAS UD -PC I want to connect to Dan-PC and the pi but that is another long painful issue I try to map the drive and use the IP Address then it all goes pear-shaped It is asking me for my Network Credentials I have no idea what they are Yes I went into Control Panel Manage Network Credentials BUT yesterday I deleted all the passwords I HATE passwords So they are not there I thought this would rid me of the plague of the password I also went through with Microsoft and tried to remove as many passwords as possible I also have turned off all the privacy things I tried to find out how to reset zero I tried every password I could think off This is the PC that was ALWAYS on the network I tried Homegroup I see PC s but ALL are unavailable My goal is to have NO passwords I have had it I am now grump and I am barking at my wife and children Can some kind person help with the amp

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45141-lost-need-network-credentials.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Out of the blue, one of the workstations lost its network connection. I can't ping anything and there are no lights blinking in the back.

Relevancy 40.42%

I have been fighting with my computer for a while now so hopefully someone can help me Network my mapping somehow Lost out I have two laptops and a desktop The desktop is running Lost my Network mapping somehow Windows XP and the two laptops are running Vista I have all three on the same network and there is no problem there I recently had my laptop at a local school and connected to the network there not sure it is relevant but I thought I would throw that in there After I got home I have been unable to re-connect to my network drives Lost my Network mapping somehow I tried to remap them but the other computer drives etc aren't showing up in the My Computer or the Network area or when I try to map them My wife's laptop is having no problems The drives still show up on hers without a problem and nothing has changed on her computer So I know it is the laptop with Vista that is the problem don't want anyone telling me to download the patch for the XP I am thinking this is a simple stupid little setting glitch that I am over looking but I am at my wits end If memory serves me it did this before when I had the computer at the same school and I don't remember how I fixed it Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

A:Lost my Network mapping somehow

Check to make sure the machines are all in the same workgroup. You might have changed the workgroup when your laptop was a-visiting other premises

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/222980-lost-my-network-mapping-somehow.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I am using Win Pro bit on a SBS Everything has been working fine for the last three months but this week the computer keeps forgetting my Lost Getting Network Credentials network login credentials I log in to the Win machine user and domain as usual with my network login and password and everything is fine for or hours then suddenly I dont have access to drives that are mapped to the server drives I get a dialog box saying that the drive is not accessible I can get to my server drives by going through the network icon below my mapped drives in File Manager but it askes me to reenter my login and password Network Credentials Getting Lost Then I can get to my server drives but sometimes the mapped drives will respond to this and sometimes they won't It seem like half the time I have to remap the drives to get access the other half of the time I can use them immediatly This is becomming a real pain in the butt I am having to do this or times a day I should also add that everything is wired on gigabit eithernet

A:Network Credentials Getting Lost

I should add to the above what may be a related matter, is that for the past few weeks, when I connected to my server drives, the display of the file list has been really slow. It would often take 20 seconds or so to list 30 or 40 files. On my XP machine which is on the desk behind me, the server connection is fine and the files display almost immediatly. The 7 machine, which is a much faster machine than the XP machine, has never been as fast listing directory contents as the XP, but it has always been pretty close. Now it is agonizingly painful to watch that Win 7 green bar creep across the top of the file manager window.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/59258-network-credentials-getting-lost.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello,

I have a recently built PC and it was working fine until an hour or so ago, when I could no longer connect to the internet. It doesn't work in both linux and windows (dual boot). Another machine plugged in to the router does still work. Have tried three different cables, the cable from the working machine, rebooted the router, checked device manager in Windows (has Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller 'This device is working properly'). Tried rebooting machine, going in to both windows and linux with the same result. From windows (which I'm more familiar with) I've tried installing updated drivers to no avail. When plugging in the network cable it slowly flashes green (and orange once).

Ideas?

Relevancy 40.42%

My son just brought me a new(er) computer. I took my hard drives, video card etc, and transferred them to the new computer. But can no longer access the Internet!

I have a D-Link DI-524 wireless router. My laptop with a wireless card works just fine, but my desktop with a network card which is connected by an ethernet cable does not. The network card checks out, my network connection properties have the correct info to connect to the router (it uses an IP address for the router) but it will not connect. It was working fine before and I am using the same cards, cords, router and everthing.

What happened?

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi, can anyone please help me with a very frustrating problem i am experiencing at the moment. After allowing Norton a remote connection i can no longer see any network connections, wireless or wired. This of course means no internet connection. I tried system restore but get error message and wont allow me to restore to any date.

A:Lost Network connection

I would uninstall Norton.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/119381-lost-network-connection.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Several days ago my old Compaq P W K lost network connectivity ipconfig shows Autoconfiguration IP Address don t know why the computer changed it from to unless maybe there is a computer on the network and lost network connectivity it just picked the next highest number Subnet mask Can t ping get response quot Request timed out quot Assuming that the return of a ip address means that the computer is not receiving an IP address from the network I substituted other known thought-to-be good nic s no cigar Yellow light shows on card back plate In local area network properties I changed from DHCP to specific and entered chose this because another computer on the n w ends and I thought this should be plenty of room as the address for this computer same as the other computer as the gateway address ipconfig now shows and nothing for the gateway It appears from the lack of a gateway IP that the same thing is still happening i e still not getting an IP addy from the n w I assume that the lost network connectivity router is DHCP enabled since all of the computers on this network are DHCP and working properly Or is this possibly an unwarranted assumption Also to the best of my knowledge this compuer was working previously configured as DHCP I umplugged an ethernet cable from a working computer and substituted it for the existing cable to be sure that it isn t a cabling issue with no improvement so it might be either the card or the mobo The light on the back of the ethernet card is burning steady yellow Or might it still be a lost network connectivity config issue TIA nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Suddenly and for no apparent reason except for maybe Nortons product update my Windows machine cannot Lost on my network one machine. see any of the other PCs on my home network The connection to the network is through my router which also provides my internet connection and that is still working using it now to write this All the other PCs can still see each other so I assume alls well with all the other machines Its strange to me I can log onto the internet no problems but bringing up the local network on Windows Explorer shows nothing just some network path not found message All my folders that I had previously shared are still shared and as far as I can see my network setting are unchanged I had initially suspected that Norton s product update had disabled networking to prevent me vurus scanning other PCs which I ve Lost my network on one machine. never done and don t know if its possible but so far uninstalling NAV hasn t reinstated my networking Any clue anyone nbsp

A:Lost my network on one machine.

Have you tried accessing the computer with their ip addresses instead of computer name? meaning instead of typing \\Laptop, try typing \\192.168.x.x (or whatever ip's you are using)

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-my-network-on-one-machine.31713/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi I have a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router at my computer and a Linksys Wireless-G ghz USB Adapter connected to my wife s computer both Dell Dimensions which network connection... my Lost is in an adjacent room We Lost my network connection... re both using WinXP Home and we access the net via Comcast Cable Today when my wife tried to go online the following window appeared quot Verizon Online- Denial of Service quot at the URL quot http noaccess verizon net noaccess index html quot We have never used Verizon as an ISP I think it was the default service on the computer when we bought it but we ve always connected through Comcast I did a quot release amp renew quot of the IP address and the network icon shows we re connected with good signal strength It just seems her computer has lost the Comcast connection I even tried installing my original Comcast Installation disk on her PC but the Wizard is unable to find an Internet connection I m at a loss and would appreciate any assistance silas nbsp

A:Lost my network connection...

can you restore the PC to before it happened

start>
programs>
accessories>
system tools>
system restore>
also post and IPCONFIG /ALL

have you run a virus / spyware scan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-my-network-connection.530826/
Relevancy 40.42%

Vista Home Premium; Advent laptop; Ralink wireless card.

Was using this at a local centre using a BT Wireless Internet connection. Suddenly, after going home then coming back, the BT network is not showing in the available network lists although several other networks nearby can be seen. I can connect ok to the other networks where I have the key.

Searched high and low for an answer to this disappearance but cannot find any help.

Any ideas please?

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/233970-lost-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Does anyone know why my friend's computer loses the internet connection after coming out of hibernation?..He reports that he cannot successfully ping or verify his I.P address until he restarts where everything returns to normal.

Thanks Chaps,

Darren De Wilde

A:Network Lost After Hibernation

Tough problem. It might be helpful to know more, such as is this a laptop or desktop, what sort of internet connection, how is it connected, etc, etc.Check out this thread at another site HERE.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/48318/network-lost-after-hibernation/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a friends laptop hp dv cl XP Pro That they used to surf the naughty sites and caught a nasty bug of some kind When booting up it acts normal for the lost connection network first minute then BAM this pc lost network connection scanner program pops up and starts scanning for a couple of minutes then and error message pops up and then keeps poping up and filling screen I manage to get into safe mode with networking and do a system restore to the computer know earliest date All seemed well then update from MS and all still seemed well Then I got this message that the WLAN is not connected I have a secured wi-fi router So I tired to manually input wi-fi connection and still can't connect wirelessly I uninstalled driver and rebooted found new hardware and installed orginal driver and still no connection So went to HP and updated driver and still nothing I couldn't check if connection was good before because of bug Short of a complete reinstall anybody have any ideas I'm completey lost I know this is for vista but this is my one true fourm for my pc woes Thanks for any help

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/257111-lost-network-connection.html
Relevancy 40.42%

OK I am running an MSI netbook with windows starter please bear with me as I am a bit of a windows noob I had the machine setup so that I could see all the machines on my home network connected down the side under 'network' They all belonged to the same workgroup and I could download and transfer files when all of a sudden they vanish I have tried enabling file sharing and looking at the workgroup but to be honest I am at a complete loss everything was working fine Lost locations network and then everything on the network vanished apart from a printer I can ping the ip address Lost network locations of the server where Lost network locations all the files I am sharing are and if I put the local ip address into chrome I get a page I was playing with in a web folder coming up but that is it If anyone has any idea as to what Lost network locations might be going on please let me know

A:Lost network locations

What anti virus software do you have installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/102774-lost-network-locations.html