Windows Support Forum

After Windows 7 update bluetooth doesn't work anymore.

Q: After Windows 7 update bluetooth doesn't work anymore.

The problem appeared in two different laptops (Lenovo and Fujitsu). The bluetooth hardware is not visible in device manager anymore, but unrecognized device appeared. Driver reinstall doesn't help. Driver installation setup says there is no bluetooth hardware.
PC Suite is installed , worked fine before.

How to restore bluetooth?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: After Windows 7 update bluetooth doesn't work anymore.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: After Windows 7 update bluetooth doesn't work anymore.

Eventually Fujitsu went to service as it stopped booting even from CD and USB. Had MOBO replaced. Came back yesterday had win 7 installed. Everything was fine till I installed Nokia Ovi and tried to use Bluetooth. Then the same hapenned - first USB unknown device than no boot at all. I am desperate - I dont believe this is hardware (2 mobos?) but I can't access the machine at all. If this was software it should boot from Win 7 DVD - but it hangs displaying 'starting windows'. I can access BIOS setup and I can boot only some DOS emergency boot CD allowing me to copy or erase whole disc, but I can't reinstall OS. Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-windows-7-update-bluetooth-doesnt-work-anymore.985379/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hello I was an idiot and accidentally clicked on an email link and windows hibernate access anymore can't doesn't update work of an email I was trying to delete knew it was a quot bad quot email It then tried to open my Adobe Acrobat and I shut off the wireless connection after about seconds but it was too late and I can no longer access Windows Update page it just tells me IE cannot display this webpage I also noticed that I can no longer hibernate my computer anymore Windows Defender told me that something was trying to install and I denied permission to it I ran Malwarebytes with the latest updates and it found a few things which it deleted but still can can't access windows update and hibernate doesn't work anymore t access Windows Update I also tried the http safety live com onecare from microsoft and did the full system scan with that and it found issues but only fixed It didn t actually tell me what those other issues were so I couldn t manually do anything about them Every once in a while my expired in Dec Norton Anti-Virus will tell me I have a trojan and denies access to file quot overlay xul quot I have also tried several other scanners to little or no effect trendmicro s online scanner and hitmanpro I have hijack this installed but have not ran it as of yet as I wouldn t be able to make heads or tails of the report anyway I m hoping someone here would be able to help me Thanks in advance

A:can't access windows update and hibernate doesn't work anymore

Hi ALT_EST,Let's first start with clearing out some temp files using TFC by Old Timer which you can find here along with instructions on how to use it. Just make sure you close and save any work before you run it as it probably will require a reboot.Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.Do not run a scan just yet.Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.If you have a problem downloading, installing or getting SAS to run, try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner instead. Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer. Then double-click on it to launch and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner.Once you have finished with the above steps, please post the MBAM and SAS logs for us to take a look at please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/312614/cant-access-windows-update-and-hibernate-doesnt-work-anymore/
Relevancy 94.6%

Hi I have a USB Bluetooth Dongle I use this with XP sp that I keep fully updated I did an update today and following this my bluetooth dongle does not work I have used the windows update site to look at my update history and it tells me that one of my udates was this iAnywhere - Other hardware - ISSC EDR Bluetooth after doesn't Bluetooth update work windows USB Adapter I think that if i remove this and try again my bluetooth dongle should work edit I should add that I am unable to find this program to remove it - which is why I am posting I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver and it doesn t seem to do any good Does anyone have any ideas please Will I Bluetooth doesn't work after windows update have a ghost image that I took today just before doing the windows update I could just restore Bluetooth doesn't work after windows update the image but am a little nervous because I have never done it before nbsp

A:Bluetooth doesn't work after windows update

Hi,

You'll be glad to know I stopped being a WUSS, and restored the Ghost image I made this morning. It was nerve wracking but went well. I'm posting here after all.

Will

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-doesnt-work-after-windows-update.111783/
Relevancy 85.14%

I bought my Satellite Z in August and installed GB extra RAM in it Worked fine the Ultrabook detected it and had total GB of RAM Yesterday I stopped ignoring these Toshiba Tempro messages and installed the suggested BIOS Update to Bios don't know which version it was before Now I have several problems First one my Ultrabook doesn't start anymore with the extra RAM I press the power button then the power LED starts blinking times yellow time orange in RAM work Update, doesn't anymore Satellite BIOS - Extra Z930 after loop The screen stays black and the CPU fan raises to maximum level Only when I remove the extra RAM then it starts Second problem without my extra RAM it starts but sometimes with Satellite Z930 - after BIOS Update, Extra RAM doesn't work anymore the CPU fan at maximum level So i have to restart that it stops Third problem Windows only detects GB of RAM I have now no extra RAM istalled so it should detect GB of RAM like when I bought it Now there are only GB So is this what happens when I install suggested updates - - So what can I do now At least I want my preinstalled GB of RAm back Is there any BIOS downgrade or something similar to revert the changes

A:Satellite Z930 - after BIOS Update, Extra RAM doesn't work anymore

OK, solved the problem. I found a BIOS downgrade to 2.1 at this page: http://www.blog-drivers.com/2012/07/toshiba-portege-z930-notebook-drivers.html
Now I have my 6GB back :)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?69088-Satellite-Z930-after-BIOS-Update-Extra-RAM-doesn-t-work-anymore
Relevancy 79.55%

Clicking "Preview" doesn't work in my Windows XP SP3. None of the JPEG or GIF files show previews when browsing directories either (even with thumbnail view set).

Can this be fixed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-preview-doesnt-work-anymore-327431.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Regularly there as message appearing from the right corner of the screen that the computer is trying to install something, immediately followed by the message that there is something wrong. Plus the advice to look in settings. When i do this I find some updates or changes that I haven't asked for such as German Character Recognition etc.
What is happening and how to fix it?

A:Windows 10 doesn't seem to update anymore

Hi! The title of your thread is "Windows 10 doesn't seem to update anymore" It's very easy to check for windows updates. Just type "check updates" in search Orb.
You should see this. Click on update history to see all windows updates.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441737-windows-10-doesnt-seem-update-anymore.html
Relevancy 78.69%

My windows XP Picture and Fax Viewer doesn't work anymore. I think it's since I installed service pack 2. I've gone and changed the file associations from MS Photo Editor to Windows Picture and Fax viewer, but the MS Photo Editor still loads every time.
Has anyone else experienced this problem ?
thx
adam

Relevancy 78.69%

Hi to everyone who reads this.

I can start Windows Media Center up, but when I choose to show my Pictures or something else, Windows Media Center suddenly stops working and the program closes. No direct error messages shown.

Afterwards my HP Machine looks for a solution, but the only option revealed here is to do an update, but my PC is fully updated.

Is it possible to do a complete reinstall of Windows Media Center, without doing a complete PC reinstall?

Or does somebody have a better alternative?

Best regards Carlo

A:Windows Media Center doesn't work anymore...

I am not sure if there is a way to reinstall just media center, But you could try to do a system restore or a repair install of vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/281082-windows-media-center-doesnt-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FW doesn't Windows Bluetooth My Professional on work 7 x64 J laptop with built in bluetooth Broadcom Widcomm Alps My Bluetooth doesn't work on Windows 7 x64 Professional something like that some drivers had the former name others the last one I use Windows x Professional and it seems that the bluetooth doesn't My Bluetooth doesn't work on Windows 7 x64 Professional work After the fresh install few months ago it worked Meanwhile I didn't use it because I didn't need it But today I tried to use it but it can't find my device mobile phone I tried with many device but it seems that the bluetooth doesn't scan for devices I can't also see it from other device my phone doesn't see it I tried three driver versions but none of them does anything more than what I have described above The install does all good but after that nothing work I see the BT icon in tray near the volume icon but if I click on it it appears an empty page scanning for new device forever Neither adding a device nor opening the settings worked The quot Allow new device to connect quot is blurred gray so I can't click it If I uninstall the driver Windows uses its own driver but this does also not work I think it's not a driver problem but a Windows one since it worked some time ago I don't know what to do Can anyone help me Thanks in advance

A:My Bluetooth doesn't work on Windows 7 x64 Professional

Quote: Originally Posted by beethoven

Hi,
After the fresh install (few months ago) it worked.

So we know that it does actually work with Windows 7, but you just cant get it to now.

Quote: Originally Posted by beethoven

The "Allow new device to connect" is blurred gray, so I can't click it.

What about "Add a Device"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/58744-my-bluetooth-doesnt-work-windows-7-x64-professional.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi guys as my nick states i am absolutely clueless how to get my Wacom Bamboo working again I had to repair my Office Installation because Word and Excel crashed instantly after starting This began when i installed two official Microsoft Addins After repairing Office it worked again but by now i am unable to write anything on my tablet It only works for navigation mouse-like and Windows-Journal can't get startet anymore by now because the quot inking component quot can't be started 'Windows Journal cannot start There was an error initializing inking components IF this problem persists after restarting contact your system administrator ' Things i've tried so / work doesn't Freehand Journal Windows anymore component -> etc. 64: Vista OneNote far that didn't work - Reinstalling the optional TabletPC components from Vista - Tried to start Windows Journal in Repair mode quot journal exe repairnotewriter quot - gt Windows Journal still refused to start - Reinstalling WACOM Bamboo Drivers different versions - Repairing Office OneNote - Googled for hours what the problem might be there is no knowledgebase article from microsoft that helps with this problem The Vista 64: Freehand component doesn't work anymore -> Windows Journal / OneNote etc. Bamboo works fine in Photoshop I wasn't able to use a windows restore point since the feature was disabled for some odd reason Has anyone the slightest idea how i could make it work again except reinstalling - gt I had to reinstall week ago and it took me whole days to get the system updated and every software installed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-64-freehand-component-doesnt-work-anymore-windows-journal-onenote-etc-378352.html
Relevancy 76.11%

After tha last automatic update of Microsoft Windows 10 the bluetooth doesn't work. I can turn it on and off, but it doesn't recognize other devices and is not detected its presence from other devices, such as smartphones, so it is impossible to put them in communication and exchange files. Please, may anyone help me? Thank you, very much.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-doesn-t-work-after-last-windows-10-updates-on/td-p/5795594
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello I have a problem that I'm trying to fix since month My first language is french anymore Update ? work Windows since don't 16 Dec so I decided to post my question on a French Tech Forum and nobody can help me if you want to take a look what they ask me to do Probleme de MaJ avec Win - MicroClick-Qu bec ca I attached a JPG and you can see which Windows Update don't work anymore since Dec 16 ? last update that is installed Suddenly stop after December I check this forum and try this For -bit Windows the second line differs due to the location of the DLL file net stop wuauserv regsvr windir syswow wups dll net start wuauserv That didnt work I want to tell you guys that I have some BSOD sometime but I have BSOD before my Windows Update problem We will try to fix my Windows Update problem and after we will try to fix the BSOD I don't know where to start with you guys lol I have Win Pro bits gig RAM In my task bar I have the little flag with an quot Windows Update don't work anymore since Dec 16 ? red x quot on it saying I will try to translate from french to english quot Windows could not search for automatic update important quot Thank you very very much for help

A:Windows Update don't work anymore since Dec 16 ?

Hello symetric, and Welcome to Sevenforums!

For windows update problems, you might try fixing common issues with these microsoft tools:Automatically diagnose and fix common problems with Windows Update
Troubleshoot problems with installing updates - WindowsUpdate_dt000
Windows Update - Reset
Further reading: Support for Microsoft Update
And please follow this tutorial to post your BSOD problems here. You never know, they might be related (perhaps, though unlikely): http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/213910-windows-update-dont-work-anymore-since-dec-16-a.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello all Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse Bluetooth doesn't work on my Professional Mouse doesn't work on Bluetooth 64bit Microsoft 7 Windows Dell laptop Here is some more detailed information Laptop Dell Vostro Operation System Windows Professional bit SP Steps to reproduce turn on Bluetooth of Sculpt Touch Mouse go to 'Devices Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse doesn't work on Windows 7 Professional 64bit and Printers' add a device double click 'Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse' on the list of popup screen the 'Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse' device icon will be added to device list on 'Devices and Printers' ovserved that the icon of 'Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse' was grey out and couldn't be used tried to move the mouse but no response and the light on the top of the mouse keeps flashing red lt -- gt green The Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse was suppose to be setup install in one minute That's why I prefer to buying the Microsoft mouse product But it wasn't It took me few days to try to install it and it was still failed Could everyone tell me how to fix that Thanks

A:Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse doesn't work on Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Try installing this software/driver for microsoft mouse and keyboard first: Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/363911-microsoft-bluetooth-mouse-doesnt-work-windows-7-professional-64bit.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Cant get it to updateand when i use thr troubleshooternit doesnt work either Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Administrator doesn't doesn't troubleshooter and work 7 update Windows administrator on - - at Running from D Users Administrator Downloads Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of MpsSvc service is set to Disabled The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of MpsSvc service is OK The ServiceDll of MpsSvc service is OK Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore SDRSVC Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open SDRSVC Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open SDRSVC registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open SDRSVC registry key The service key does not exist Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work The start type of WinDefend service is set to Demand The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK Windows Defender Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Defender DisableAntiSpyware DWORD Other Services File Check D Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit D Windows system dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit D Windows system Drivers afd sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation D B DA D A E EB A DD D Windows system Drivers tdx sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation FE A DFA C A E AE C AAB D Windows system Drivers tcpip sys gt File is digitally signed D Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit D Windows system mpssvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system bfe dll gt MD is legit D Windows system Drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit D Windows system SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit D Windows system vssvc exe gt MD is legit D Windows system wscsvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system wuaueng dll gt File is digitally signed D Windows system qmgr dll gt MD is legit D Windows system es dll gt MD is legit D Windows system cryptsvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation CA BECEA DE ADDAD E A C D Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation CF F FAE DE AD EB D Windows system ipnathlp dll gt MD is legit D Windows system iphlpsvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system svchost exe gt MD is legit D Windows system rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log Edit Topic moved from Windows to the more appropriate forum due to FRST log Animal

A:Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work

Hello,

Please follow the instructions Here to run the System Update Readiness Tool. When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.logC:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561979/windows-7-doesnt-update-and-troubleshooter-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi everyone A few days ago I suddenly couldn't update AVG anymore It always gives me an error telling me the connection with the server failed I also noticed that I can't connect Limewire P P program anymore and opening movie streams in Windows Media Player doesn't work anymore either I searched some forums for a solution and I found someone with a similar problem who also told he couldn't execute the quot cmd quot and quot regedit quot commands anymore anymore, AVG Can't update cmd regedit ... don't work anymore, and I tried it on my own computer and I can't run those things anymore either When I try executing them the explorer goes all weird and shuffles the program bars on the task bar I've manually downloaded the latest updates Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ... for AVG installed them and did a full scan that didn't find a thing I also ran Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ... AdAware which said I had some malware which I removed with it Then I also ran Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware which found some more malware so I removed it rebooted my pc but the problems still exist I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem because it's really anoying Here's my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ... MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Outlook Express msimn exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http breedband telenet beR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http games telenet be index phpR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http breedband telenet beR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http breedband telenet beR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Telenet InternetR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost lt local gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName KoppelingenO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO ClickCatcher MSIE ha... Read more

A:Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ...

Hi Tom,Welcome to BC HijackThis forum. I am farbar. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might prolong handling your log and make the job for both of us more difficult.Please download http://OTListIt2 by OldTimer.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the OTListIt2 icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Type or copy and paste in the Custom Scans/Fixes section: drivers32Click Run Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them to your reply:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimized[*]Tell me also if you have set a proxy server or you recognize these setting:R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 192.168.17.2:8080R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 10.10.10.26;192.168.2.103;192.168.101.70;192.168.101.74;localhost;<local>[/list]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226154/cant-update-avg-anymore-cmd-and-regedit-dont-work-anymore/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello.
I am quite new here, but I've been wanting to get this problem solved for a long time, and I haven't seemed to get any answer.

So here's my problem:

I bought my Asus N53SV for around a year ago, and it worked great. But for some reason something changed.
When I try to open bluetooth, nothing happens. And when I want to connect anything using bluetooth, it doesn't work.

I tried to do this:
[windows] + r >bttray
But nothing opens up.

Please help!

Thank you,
Karstin

A:My bluetooth doesn't work. bttray doesn't open.

Quote: Originally Posted by Karstin1812

Hello.
I am quite new here, but I've been wanting to get this problem solved for a long time, and I haven't seemed to get any answer.

So here's my problem:

I bought my Asus N53SV for around a year ago, and it worked great. But for some reason something changed.
When I try to open bluetooth, nothing happens. And when I want to connect anything using bluetooth, it doesn't work.

I tried to do this:
[windows] + r >bttray
But nothing opens up.

Please help!

Thank you,
Karstin

Hi Karstin,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

You would need to re-install Bluetooth software/driver for your system. Please check the link below for finding out the drivers:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/289528-my-bluetooth-doesnt-work-bttray-doesnt-open.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Acer aspire's Bluetooth doesn't work since I bought it I've installed drivers too but it doesn't work what should I do.
In its specs it has Bluetooth . But there is no Bluetooth device found in device manager how to repair this.
Please HELP!!

A:acer aspire 4738' s bluetooth doesn't work but wifi work?

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... What is the Model Number of your Laptop ? ...

Did you buy the Laptop from new ? ...
Did you mean Windows 7 x86 ?...
If your System Specs are correct you have 4 GB of ram ? ...
If that is the case your Windows should be 64 Bit ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377316-acer-aspire-4738-s-bluetooth-doesnt-work-but-wifi-work.html
Relevancy 71.81%
A:why does acer quick access not work anymore after upgrading to windows 10 anniversary update

Hi First time hearing about this problem. A quick search turned up this link. Might give it a look and report back if it works, so others will benefit from this issue!
Welcome to the forum! Quick Access in Windows 10 is not working

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442085-why-does-acer-quick-access-not-work-anymore-after-upgrading-windows-10-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I suddenly noticed that my ALT-TAB wasn't working anymore, Ive searched google for hours on how to fix it but i couldn't find anything that fixed my problem.
When I press Alt-Tab, I get a menu with File, Edit, View, Tools and Help in the window that I currently have open but the little taskswitch menu doesn't come up. The problem is not my graphics card since the problem happend so suddenly and 5 minutes earlier I could alt tab just fine. The keys do work individually and all other keyboard shortcuts involving alt still work.
Does anyone know a fix for this problem?

Thanks, QuadWar

A:ALT-TAB doesn't work anymore...

Hi,

I'm pretty sure there is a tutorial to fix this...give me a few minutes and I'll find it.

Pffftt....now I can't find it......maybe it never existed

I'm sure someone will come along and offer a solution soon Quadwar. Sorry I couldnt do it quicker.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/138894-alt-tab-doesnt-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Once upon a time my two USB ports worked fine... but not anymore.

A few deatails quickly: I have an AMD Athlon 800 MHz PC, 512 Mb Ram, Soundblaster, N-Videa G Force 2, modem, Saitek X35 joystick and use Windows 98.

I use the USB ports for my joystick and my Palm Pilot cradle which allows me to back up the data from my handheld to the PC. About a month ago neither device was recognised for some reason. Under Settings it tells me that the devices work properly. What's going on? I've not installed any new hardware, only a couple of games.

Also, I don't know if this is related but my computer sometimes reboots for no apparent reason. Sometimes Windows won't even load but says 'Windows Protection Error...'

I really need your help, peeps!

Cheers!

Relevancy 71.81%

Here is my problem. I used my computer one morning, all was fine when I left for work...screen saver came on and all. When I got home, I moved the mouse around to try and disable the screen saver, nothing happened. Not the first time I've had that problem, so I turned the computer off, and when I turned it on again, and everytime since, I get a series of 6-8 beeps...then nothing. Nothing pops up on the monitor even though the computer is on. I've tried opening up the pc and making sure all the connections are tight, to which in my knowledge they are.

Does anyone know what my problem could be? Do I need to take it to a repair shop or what? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 71.81%

ok, so i had a mic installed before and it worked fine, so i know it isnt my soundcard... anyway, i got a new headset and everything worked fine untill vista installed it's own driver for it automaticly, from which point on my mic doesn't work anymore (sounds still work though). i tried everything to even reinstalling vista itself (not the only reason why, but still one of them) but to no success. the headset i am trying to use is ednet's usb headset (it doesn't say much more), runs on cmedia's c108 chipset, or atleast thats what i found out...

any help would be greatly appriciated...

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/265487-mic-doesnt-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey guys Sometimes I get audio Mr. doesn't work it Fix anymore! problems where I cannot hear internet sound but can hear other sounds When this happens the Device Volume under the volume Mr. Fix it doesn't work anymore! tab of the Sounds and Audio Devices Properties window is grayed out I usually just run Mats Run AudioPlayback mr fix it and it fixes everything in seconds and tells me the errors that occurred are because sound device was turned off and because sound was set to really low level and probably another thing too However now when I try and run it it says quot Mr Fix it cannot continue because an error has occurred quot and right underneath it it says quot the troubleshooter does not apply to this computer quot Is there a file that it cannot find perhaps Does anyone know how Mats AudioPlayback miracle fix it works What file might be corrupt Also sometimes some files will tell me to check if I have the proper authorization to run a program WTF is going on Please help someone The mats audio issue happend after I removed malware from my computer and and a rootkit I removed it with malwarebytes and then with combofix I can tell if there is a virus because I can sense when my computer is running percent instead of Now it runs fast as hell and no viruses Can someone tell me how to trouble shoot it with advanced techniques

A:Mr. Fix it doesn't work anymore!

Just for future reference, Combofix should only be used under the direct supervision of one of Malware Removal Team members. Using this tool incorrectly can result in more problems than what you started out with.

Have you looked in the Device Manager to see if there are any driver problems?

Try running chkdsk c: /p

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369581/mr-fix-it-doesnt-work-anymore/
Relevancy 71.81%

I work AIM WMP and anymore... doesn't am having this very lame issue with my computer Every time I try to open AIM it instantly closes after the AIM window appears I open the task manager and I see it for a second and it closes again Similarly my WMP doesn t open at all I think it my be some kind of malware but I did a complete scan with my Kaspersky AV and it found nothing and the same results with my SuperAntiSpyware program So I am pretty lost I found some other person was having issues with their AIM on this site as well and you guys were able to help out So I figured I would try it This is the log from HJT Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager LCDMon exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software G-series Software LGDCore exe E Internet Utilities Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe E Internet Utilities SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager Applets LCDMedia exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager Applets LCDClock exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager Applets LCDPop exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager Applets LCDCountdown exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe E Media Utilities MediaMonkey MediaMonkey exe E Internet Utilities Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM AIM and WMP doesn't work anymore... Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - AF A - E - D -B - C B F f - no file O - BHO no name - A AA - C B- BBD- E - A - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO no name - BC C - - -A C -E A AD C - no file O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - E Creation Utilities Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar no name - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - no file O - AIM and WMP doesn't work anymore... HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run Launch LCDMon quot C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager LCDMon exe quot O - HKLM Run Launch LGDCore quot C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software G-series Software LGDCore exe quot SHOWHIDE O - HKLM Run AVP quot E Internet Utilities Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware E Internet Utilities SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware AIM and WMP doesn't work anymore... exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETWORK SERVICE O - Extra context menu item Append to existing PDF - res E Creation Utilities Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend ... Read more

A:AIM and WMP doesn't work anymore...

Edit: Just wanted to add that I am talking about AIM 6. I installed AIM 5.x and that one works fine. Now I am even more confused. I uninstalled both of them and then reinstalled AIM 6, but I still have the same issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aim-and-wmp-doesnt-work-anymore.729564/
Relevancy 71.81%

The other day i had a friend delete some programs from my Asus laptop on startup and running processes to make my computer boot up faster. I think we did something that makes the fn key not work anymore.

Can someone advise me on how to restore this functionality?

thanks!

A:fn key doesn't work anymore

Have a look here: http://www.ehow.com/how_7326915_restore-function-key-asus-laptop.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477385/fn-key-doesnt-work-anymore/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello there. I've had my autorun.inf file for every of my hard drive partitions (5 of them), with an *.ico file, and it worked flawlessly til today. My config file was:
Code:

[autorun]
ICON=AUTORUN\name.ICO
For example name.ICO was placed in C:\autorun\ and it was called from that autorun.inf. Like I said, everything worked great til today. I might have messed up something with Wise Care 365, and also I have tried Panda IS 2016, maybe it messed with some permissions... I've tried to remove those files, then to put them back, with couple of restarts, nothing worked... Same happens with my flash drives. I'd appreciate some help. If anybody knows what malfunction or changed setting in registry or somewhere else could cause this...

A:autorun.inf doesn't work anymore

I have found a solution for this problem here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/161443-autorun-inf-files-completely-block.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/autorun-inf-doesnt-work-anymore.1159270/
Relevancy 70.95%

EDIT Never mind I tried to revert everything back to the original InstallShield again with renaming and it appears to be working correctly now I tried installing the Sims on my laptop but ran into a lot of problems At one point work InstallShield doesn't My Help! anymore. it actually uninstalled itself when trying to fix it but then wouldn't let me reinstall because quot It was already installed quot I went to EA for troubleshooting and eventually found myself at this page http support ea com cgi-bin ea cfg php enduser olh adp php p faqid My InstallShield doesn't work anymore. Help! amp p created amp p sid p sid And tried this Reinstall the installation InstallShield software Click the Start button on the Windows Taskbar Select Run Type C Program Files Common Files into the text box and click OK Right-click the InstallShield folder and select Rename Change the name to InstallShieldOld Start the game installation again to reinstall the InstallShield components with the newest version And now whenever I try to install anything I get this quot Error extracting support files The system cannot find the path specified quot I don't even care about The Sims anymore what can I do to fix this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-installshield-doesnt-work-anymore-help-328053.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello there. I've had my autorun.inf file for every of my hard drive partitions (5 of them), with an *.ico file, and it worked flawlessly til today. My config file was:

Code:
[autorun]
ICON=AUTORUN\name.ICO
For example name.ICO was placed in C:\autorun\ and it was called from that autorun.inf. Like I said, everything worked great til today. I might have messed up something with Wise Care 365, and also I have tried Panda IS 2016, maybe it messed with some permissions... I've tried to remove those files, then to put them back, with couple of restarts, nothing worked... Same happens with my flash drives. I'd appreciate some help. If anybody knows what malfunction or changed setting in registry or somewhere else could cause this...

A:autorun.inf doesn't work anymore

I have found a solution on this thread: Autorun.inf Files - Completely Block

I used second reg file, and after restart everything works again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384967-autorun-inf-doesnt-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I don't know what happened, but one day I was typing away and my delete key just suddenly stopped working! I removed the button and tried pressing it other ways, but it still didn't work. Now I can't delete anything (which is what I do a lot of the times) and I can't use ctrl+alt+del anymore!!!

Someone PLEASE help me on this one! I won't want to have to change keyboards because this is the best one I have (that I bought at a semi-high price/semi-low price). I reloaded the program for the keyboard, but when I first plugged it in it didn't need to be loaded up.

It's a Logitech keyboard, a kinda' nice one too...

A:My Delete Key doesn't work anymore!!!

If it's a USB keyboard try reinstalling the drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-delete-key-doesnt-work-anymore.144998/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a HP 250 G4 Notebook PC.My cd-writer doesn't write anymore.  The issue is that it can read cds and dvds but, strangely, it can't write cds anymore.Please help me.Waiting for a reply. Thank you.

A:MY CD-WRITER DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE

Try a different brand of media. If that does not work, it is likely a hardware issue. There are different lenses for different functions and one laser can go bad while the others still work. What software are you using to write to disks? It can also be a problem with the burning program. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/MY-CD-WRITER-DOESN-T-WORK-ANYMORE/td-p/5651222
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi everyone. My setup is windows xp professional fully up to date, all windows updates. My system is protected by NOD32. Since today, my notepad stopped working. I can't open a txt file, I can't start notepad from start menu nor from in explorer (windows\notepad.exe).Also, my nod32 icon is missing in the toolbar. I tried to start it from start menu (the control center) but nothing happened.NOD32krnl is running though (as you can see in processes list). I now got the nod32 on demand scanner to work, but nothing yet. I also did a hijackthis scan, since I couldnt open the log file i downloaded notepad++, and everything was green/shield.I'm also doing a scan with regcleaner & ad-aware, but nothing seems to help. Google is not much of a friend either today...Can anyone help?Thx in advance!grtztaskmanager: http://lumumba.uhasselt.be/~joostvgh/pics/processen.jpg

A:Notepad Doesn't Work Anymore

i also tried to run notepad in safe mode, but didnt work..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/98469/notepad-doesnt-work-anymore/
Relevancy 70.95%

I using Vanilla IE 8. In Canada.

I want to go to google.com. I am redirected to google.ca.

google.com/ncr used to work. It still works in my Opera browser.

No R0 or R1 hyjacks on machine.

How fix?

Relevancy 70.95%

I just click on the icon and nothing happens.

A:Limewire doesn't work anymore

So do you want to keep it and be riddled with spyware and party to using illegal music/software or get rid of it?
If you wanna get rid of it we will help if not we won't.
The choice is yours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limewire-doesnt-work-anymore.517236/
Relevancy 70.95%

I recently bought a new graphics card for my computer, and since then I've updated windows and installed it's drivers.
The problem I have had since buying the video card, is that no USB headset's now work with my computer.

I've tried updating my audio drivers (which doesn't give me any sound at all). To uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for both the headset and the audio itself.
So far nothing has worked, I have full speaker functionality, but no headsets will work, nor will the microphone on my webcam anymore either.
Is there perhaps more I can do?

I have system spec's in my profile, but if there is anything else I should post please let me know.
Thanks!

A:USB headset doesn't work anymore

If your USB ports are working. I would try the easy fix first.

Check your device manager and make sure the headset and driver is loaded and functioning.

In the start search box type "sound" (no quotes) and select sound. Your headset should show up as a device. It should be selected as default. For some apps you have to change this default back and forth because the code in the app is not written for a head set. I'll post a clip of my sound panel but it does not show a headset. I have none on this machine. But if yours is loaded correctly you will have it.

Attachment 231337

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/252355-usb-headset-doesnt-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Since today windowscentral app on phone and Laptop doesn't work anymore.
App opens but doesn' load new Content.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441297-why-windowscentral-app-doesnt-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello I am running Windows Vista Home Premium on a laptop HP Pavilion dv and it was bought anymore work explorer.exe doesn't around february this year My computer automatically installed some updated without explorer.exe doesn't work anymore me noticing and it restarted and everything could the next windows version include an auto-save function for notepad please i lost everything i wrote because i forgot to save And when i logged in again and everything kind of started properly I realized that my wallpaper doesn't show up no icons on the desktop and the toolbar freezes and explorer exe takes cpu without doing anything at all now i can manage without the toolbar but it is quite annoying anyway the security updates i installed are i'll just write the code numbers because i am running windows in swedish KB KB KB KB KB KB and i have not installed service pack yet i didn't have enough space on my disk at first but now i have deleted some files and there should be no problem to install the service pack but when i click on quot start installation quot it just stops at quot preparing installation quot edit i got an error trying to install it currently going to try the stand alone installation everything else runs just fine and i don't see anything suspicious in the Task Manager so it makes me think that it is not a virus does anyone have any ideas thanks for all comments

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/187154-explorer-exe-doesnt-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Just a while ago i was playing a game with some friends but suddenly my screen freezes and the sound to. Pressing the powerbutton or holding in didnt do anything. I just opened my Toshiba Satellite L50-A-1C7 and unplugged the battery because it didnt power off.

It doesnt boot anymore now !
Can someone help me quick?

A:My Satellite L50-A-1C7 doesn't work anymore

I plugged the power cord in and now when i press the power button it lights up but i see
nothing on the screen

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?81388-My-Satellite-L50-A-1C7-doesn-t-work-anymore
Relevancy 70.95%

So for about 2 years a DVI to HDMI cable that I've been using has worked perfectly until just a few weeks ago. For no apparent reason it has stopped working. Normally i'd think that the cable is fault however when i boot up my comp the start up stuff shows on my TV. Its only when windows starts up that it switches to to PC monitor. When i try to use my TV as a second screen my computer just cant see it. Help please :D

A:DVI to HDMI used to work with my TV but doesn't anymore

Hello,

What is the make model of the PC?

Have you tried reinstalling the graphics driver?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dvi-to-hdmi-used-to-work-with-my-tv-but-doesnt-anymore-695694.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have version 8.243 and it used to work fine.
But today when I went to start the program, it tells me
to choose 1 of 3 options: Download the latest version, Get automatic updates, Skip this update.

No matter which option you choose, it takes you to a pop-up screen of their site. I can't find where to
download or update. USBFix never opens up anymore. It just takes you to the website.

Anyone got any solutions?

A:Usbfix Doesn't Work Anymore

It downloads just fine here on Majorgeeks, I just tried it:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/usbfix.html

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/usbfix-doesnt-work-anymore.308137/
Relevancy 70.95%

For some odd reason my sound is not working. Please help me.

A:Sound doesn't work anymore

Hi Hyydra

Have you installed anything new recently? Try starting with this guide from Windows Support for finding common sound issues. Message back if that doesn't work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496400/sound-doesnt-work-anymore/
Relevancy 70.95%

Nevermind I solved this just had to go to sound in control panel and reset the device This is the first tech support problem I've had in a long while that's just completely over my head - but it certainly is just that so I come humbly to you Fortunately at least i know exactly how it happened I just don't know how to fix it Everything was working fine when I decided that I wanted to download and install the AllMusicConverter so that I could convert M as to mp s It asked me if I wished to install an audio driver MusCAudio and without thinking I said yes Suddenly my sound does not work I look up the driver it's mentioned in the context of trojans and viruses I uninstall and restart Sadly things still don't work My other sound driver which is still on the computer and updated is Conexant High Definition SmartAudio I'm running Vista on an HP Pavillion Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-sound-doesnt-work-anymore-at-all-413454.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I m getting pop ups and can t navigate to anywhere It tries to go internet anymore!! even - doesn't work Help to a goofy search engine but it can t even get there HELP Please Thanks in advance for your help Thanks in advance for your help - popups are killing this PC Please help - lots of junk on this PC - children playing with AOL and IM Thanks in advance for your help I have two PC s that have the trouble Help - internet doesn't even work anymore!! - I will be posting a separate log for that one Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C Help - internet doesn't even work anymore!! WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINNT System hkcmd exe C Program Files Gateway Utilities GWInkMonitor exe C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbfbmgr exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINNT system LEXBCES EXE C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Hotbar bin WeatherOnTray exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbfbmon exe C WINNT System RUNDLL exe C WINNT javasl exe C WINNT System dqotpvs exe C Program Files Web Rebates WebRebates exe C Program Files BullsEye Network bin bargains exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C WINNT System p exe C WINNT System dnsrslve exe C Program Files Media Pass MediaPass exe C Program Files Hotbar bin Hbinst exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe Help - internet doesn't even work anymore!! C Program Files AIM aim exe C PROGRA ezula mmod exe C PROGRA Web Offer wo exe C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data dees exe C Program Files Media Pass MediaPassK exe C Program Files Greetings Workshop GWREMIND EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINNT system slserv exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINNT wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Web Rebates WebRebates exe C WINNT mfcai exe C WINNT System exdl exe C WINNT System wuauclt exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINNT ssqdn dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINNT ssqdn dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL res C WINNT ssqdn dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINNT ssqdn dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINNT ssqdn dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINNT ssqdn dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINNT ssqdn dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINNT about htm R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - BA -CBD -E BE- E -BD AEDA A - C WINNT sdkfd dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - Toolb... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-internet-doesnt-even-work-anymore.339196/
Relevancy 70.95%

So has anyone else noticed this?  If you try and load usbfix, it will give you 3 options....doesn't matter which one you choose (even skip update) it will just open up your browser to their website and the program will never open.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622916/usbfix-doesnt-work-anymore/
Relevancy 70.95%

I used to be able to click shift+printscreen, and then paste it onto a Word file. No more. All that shows now in my Word file is an empty, beige space.

I have WindwsXP.

??

Relevancy 70.95%

My burner anymore CD doesn't work laptop computer Compaq running Win will no longer burn CDs Using Roxio Easy CD Creator when I insert a CD the program ejects the disk and tells me to insert one that is blank or has space on it If I CD burner doesn't work anymore try to use the quot DirectCD quot program which allows you to treat a CD-RW as a regular disk drive Roxio tells me that the drive is in use unknown error x a if I try to write to the drive via the Explorer I get an error that says the drive is read-only I have no problems reading CDs I have tried several CDs and I always get the same error I have even tried inserting the CD upside down I have reinstalled the CD drivers and reinstalled Roxio and this has no impact on the problem I was able to burn CDs at one point in time but I don t have any good way of determining all the software I ve installed between then and now I don t burn CDs very often so I don t know when the problem started although the computer is only a few months old Any suggestions on how to track down this problem Jeff nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

Hi i ve got the problem that I can t do updates of AntiVir or Windows When I go to the Windows update site it redirects me to google So I need your help please HijackThis logfile Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm work and doesn't Windows AntiVir update update exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows update and AntiVir update doesn't work Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif Windows update and AntiVir update doesn't work exe C Program Files Windows update and AntiVir update doesn't work HomeCinema TV Enhance TVEService exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Google Google EULA GoogleEULALauncher exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XBoxStat exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Secunia PSI psi exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www aldi com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google de R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www aldi com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO FlashGet GetFlash Class - F E- EF- C- - BA DBA - C Program Files FlashGet getflash dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run IAAnotif quot C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exe quot O - HKLM Run TVEService quot C Program Files HomeCinema TV Enhance TVEService exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run Skytel Skytel exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run Google EULA Launcher C Program Files Google Google EULA GoogleEULALauncher exe GE O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run XboxStat quot C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XboxStat exe quot silentrun O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Ad-Watch C Program Files Lavasoft... Read more

Relevancy 70.09%

Randomly, my computer started not to burn anything anymore.
We used to burn regular CD's with music on them, but nowadays no matter how many programs I try, it just doesn't want to burn, I guess..

Help?

A:CD Drive, Burning doesn't work anymore?

Anyone..?
Sorry to bump so quick but I need help with this ASAP. :[

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-drive-burning-doesnt-work-anymore.690903/
Relevancy 70.09%

I tried putting RAM into my computer and I must have put it in wrong because it started smelling. I took the RAM out and saw that part of the gold was burnt. I immediately turned the computer off and took out the RAM. The tower will turn on and the fan runs and everything but nothing will come up on the screen. Could the computer be fried? And if so how can I fix it? I'm not sure of the specs because someone built it for us out of spare parts. It's about 8 years old. Thank you for your help.

A:Tried Inserting RAM, computer doesn't work anymore

im going to say if u smelled something chances are that yes something did get fried like the motherboard.in that case it can be fixed but motherboards are not cheap to fix or replace.id suggest unless u know what u are doing id let a computer tech see if it can even be fixed or if its worth it to do so.hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tried-inserting-ram-computer-doesnt-work-anymore.985241/
Relevancy 70.09%

After running an anti-malware scan with Spyware Terminator and having it remove some spyware, I have lost all my right-click (context) menus, and I can't get them back unless I perform a System Restore operation (which, incidentally, also brings back the spyware ).

What can I do to bring back my right-click menus safely?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/right-click-menu-doesnt-work-anymore.497454/
Relevancy 70.09%

A few days ago my harddrive my WD 500gb started to be slow (even opening it cost like 10sec) and then i couldnt watch movies from my harddrive and sometimes it disconnects. And now my Windows explorerer crashes when ever i plug it in. But it works fine on my win7.

PLs help me out

A:My external harddrive doesn't work anymore

Hello timothy110 and welcome to the forums

My name is Tom and I'll be helping you with your problem.

Can you run the following for me please? All this will do is tell me a little more about your system

OTL

Download OTL to your desktop.
Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed to let it run uninterrupted.
Under the Extra Registry box change it to All.
Click the Run Scan button.
When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt.
Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/293991-my-external-harddrive-doesnt-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Just recently, I noticed control alt delete doesn't work anymore. Nothing happens when I press it. My computer has been running extremely slow. Usually I would click control alt delete and end the processes of everything I don't recognize. That seems to work, except I can't do it now. There are always a ton of processes in there that shouldn't be. If someone could help me get back that window, I could really use some help getting rid of all those unnecessary processes. Thanks.

Relevancy 70.09%

Hello my friends,
One day, suddenly,
when i opened the chrome, it didn't open any web page;
And i almost waited for 5 minutes.. nothing

A:Google Chrome doesn't work anymore ...

Does IE work?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/69438-google-chrome-doesnt-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I made a thread about work anymore? Laptop suddenly doesn't my issue on Laptop suddenly doesn't work anymore? another forum topic and I was redirected here My Problem http www techsupportforum com foru ml post So I did every step that I needed to do - here are the results Attach zip contains Attach txt and ARK txt Btw thanks alot for helping me D My DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFS x NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by yasemin at on - - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users yasemin Documents Contacts Downloads gmer gmer exe C Windows system conime exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank mStart Page about blank uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant Google mCustomizeSearch Google BHO Search Helper EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO ShowBarObj Class A F B - A - AA - D - B B E - c program files acer empowering technology edatasecurity x ActiveToolBand dll BHO Windows Live Aanmelden - Help D - C - ABF- ECC- C - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Norton Identity Protection AB C -A EC- f-B FE- B B A F - c program files norton identity safe engine CoIEPlg dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO HP Smart BHO Class FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp BHO dll TB Norton Identity Safe Toolbar A C - D - BF -BC D- C - c program files norton identity safe engine CoIEPlg dll TB Acer eDataSecurity Management CBE B C- E - e-A DD- DB E - c program files acer empowering technology edatasecurity x eDStoolbar dll TB Norton Identity Safe Toolbar A C - D - bf -BC D- C - c program files norton identity safe engine CoIEPlg dll uRun WMPNSCFG c program files windows media player WMPNSCFG exe uRun CCleaner Monitoring quot c program files ccleaner CCleaner exe quot MONITOR uRun ehTray exe c windows ehome ehTray exe uRunOnce Report c adwcleaner AdwCleaner S txt mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun PLFSetI c windows PLFSetI exe mRun Microsoft Default Manager quot c program files microsoft search enhancement pack default manager DefMgr exe quot -resume mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun IAAnotif c program files intel intel matrix storage manager iaanotif exe mRun ePower DMC c program files acer empowering technology epower ePower DMC exe mRun eAudio quot c program files acer empowering technology eaudio eAudio exe quot uPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword IE Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - c windows system GPhotos scr IE Free YouTube to MP Converter - c users yasemin appdata roaming dvdvideosoftiehelpers freeyoutubetomp converter htm IE C - F F- d -B C- C DFE - c program files acer acer bio protection PwdBank exe IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - c program files windows live writer WriterBrowserExtension dll IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c program files microsoft offic... Read more

A:Laptop suddenly doesn't work anymore?

iyasuu,

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your logs. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

Please Read! "Who is Helping you?"

You may wish to Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools (near the top), then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/laptop-suddenly-doesnt-work-anymore-939258.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello,
I just bought an external screen to plug on my laptop Inspiron 9400.
This new screen works but the one included with my laptop doesn't work anymore. It is still possible to change the luminosity with Fn+top or fn+bottom but nothing display even during the boot. Fn+F8 (CRT/LCD) just stop and start the external screen. I can't boot or use the special Windows mode because I don't see any information on the laptop screen.
Can you help me please?
Thank you!

Relevancy 70.09%

Since upgrading from XP to Vista last year my Toshiba laptop doesn't recognize my CD/DVD drive. I was warned it wasn't compatible with Vista when I did the install, and I never bothered to remedy this until now. Device manager says I already have the most current drivers installed...but when I insert a CD or DVD it says "Please insert DVD" instead of showing the contents. Please advise...

A:Solved: CD/DVD drive doesn't work anymore

How did you solve this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cd-dvd-drive-doesnt-work-anymore.713076/
Relevancy 70.09%

I can't use or run "restore" anymore on XP machine. I have no idea what happened. I don't seem to have any other problems.

Bill

A:Restore function doesn't work anymore

It sounds as if System Restore may have become corrupted. You can try reinstalling the feature. Here's how:In Control Panel or Windows Explorer, click Folder Options and then View tab
Under Advanced Settings, scroll down and find "Show hdden files and folder." Check the box.
Find "Hide extensions for known files types." Uncheck that box. Click Apply, OK.
In Windows Explorer, find your Windows folder (usually on the C: drive but not always). Navigate to the inf folder and open it.
Find a file named sr.inf
Right click the file and select Install.

Important: This creates a new installation of System Restore, but it will delete any restore points that you had created previously.

kind regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/restore-function-doesnt-work-anymore-412680.html
Relevancy 70.09%

DSL light flashes, but always turns on and off non-stop. No internet at all. Don't know if it's a virus, a broken computer, or where in the building the wiring got messed up. Don't know what to do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-doesnt-work-anymore.1164105/
Relevancy 70.09%

Sorry about my title

One morning I woke up and my wireless network wasn't there.
So I went to my router and the lights were all on, so I power cycled it.
The power light came on and went off and the Wan and 4 LAN lights stayed on.
(With no cables plugged in it still does that.)

:knock:
D-Link

I have a D-Link DI-624 (AirPlus Xtreme G Wireless Router)

Need more info? Just ask, I might be able to answer.

A:Help! My dlink router doesn't work anymore.

use a wired connection to verify the router is dead.
while in that mode, access the config page and verify the wifi settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-my-dlink-router-doesnt-work-anymore.82590/
Relevancy 70.09%

Ok a bit of a background on this I HAD a dual boot with XP and Win on two separate doesn't work with boot help anymore...pls XP Dual drives with a menu system at the beginning a XP on an IDE - gig - installed first about years ago b Win bit - SATA T - installed in the new year I lost the gig drive and so I bought a new SATA and recovered XP to it using Acronis backup recovery Works well now and XP boots with everything recovered Now here is where the problem begins The Dual boot menu does not show up anymore when I turn on the computer I cannot boot with XP if I have the Win drive as the drive priority in the BIOS and vise versa If I have the XP drive as the priority drive in the BIOS I do not get the option to boot to Win So I researched Dual boot with XP doesn't work anymore...pls help and tried this a repair with Win installation disk repair startup Tried it and did not remedy the situation Ran BCD and found the XP drive set it up as a boot drive Rebooted and it did indeed give me two menu item early version of windows and Win but when I select EARLY VERISON OF WINDOWN it gives me an quot NTLDR error quot or something similar sorry that is going from memory So I am at a loss of what to do to enable a dual boot at this point I really don't want to reinstall either XP or Win Is there another way to fix this

A:Dual boot with XP doesn't work anymore...pls help

If you can boot into 7, install EasyBCD 2.0 after doing quick registration to use beta. Remove any XP entry in Add/Remove and then Add it back. Accept offer for boot files, Save.

If this will not correct Dual Boot, post back a screenshot of your full Disk Mgmt drive map using Snipping Tool in Start menu, attach file using paper clip in reply box. Add a snip of your Easy listings page.

If you cannot boot Win7 yet or the above fails, Try using EasyBCD2.0 in XP to Add 7 after removing it if necc. in Add/Remove tab. You'll need to install Net Framework 2.0 to use it in XP.

If this fails, boot into Win7 DVD Repair console, click through to Recov Tools list to run Startup Repair up to three separate times with reboots. If Win7 still will not start, return to Recov Tools list, open a Command prompt to type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK # (for Win7 HD)
LIST PARTITION
SELECT PARTITION # (For Win7 partition)
ACTIVE
EXIT

Now return to tools list and run Startup Repair up to 3 separate times with reboots to write the MBR to Win7 to start it, then use Step 1 above, posting back screenshot if necc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/63806-dual-boot-xp-doesnt-work-anymore-pls-help.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi, i've been searching this issue on Google with literal no topic about it so i'll just make the first one here:

From a time i have an A4Tech V7 Gaming mouse that works perfect in Windows 7. Since a few weeks ago, after Microsoft deployed a patch on Windows 10, my scrolling wheel stopped working both on softwares and games. After 1-2 restarts it would go away and this kept on for about a week, and i guess after that, another patch was deployed that fixed it. Last night a new patch was deployed that returned the issue and this time, even after 3 restarts the scroll still doesn't work. Is there anything to be done so i don't have to wait anymore for those guys?

Clicking the scroll [Mouse3] works, scrolling up and down is what doesn't work.

A:Scroll wheel doesn't work anymore

Hi, can only suggest general things to do.
Have you tried uninstalling, reinstalling, updating the mouse driver?

Please try following the pattern of actions here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/303091

Yes, it's talking about a Microsoft mouse, but the principles apply- just adapt as appropriate to your mouse.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/47358-scroll-wheel-doesnt-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Greetings to Port doesn't anymore work Forwarding everyone on the Tech Support Guy forum As you can probably see I m new here and I m making this thread because my uncles router that I tried to open a port on has been driving me insane Let me first say that I did use the search function and although there were a lot Port Forwarding doesn't work anymore of threads about not being able to open ports of which i looked at a few none of them were really helpful for my situation Now I ll try to explain the full story and I hope everything will be clear if you still need some information about anything to help me feel free to ask So I tried setting up a Minecraft server which worked perfectly fine after opening the port on my uncles SpeedTouch router I m living with my uncle and the internet connection router and PC are his aside from my laptop which doesn t have much to do with the story though This was working for a few days for my girlfriend and me to play on until today when we wanted to play on it again she couldn t connect anymore After first trying to restart the connection thanks to the Open Port Check Tool on yougetsignal com I noticed that the port required for a Minecraft Server isn t open anymore So it basically closed itself because I m sure I haven t changed anything and my uncle didn t either Not much of an issue I thought so I went back to the router configuration by using the local ip of the computer in the url bar and I tried to fix it Now here s the problem I don t fully understand the concept of how this port opening works using the router but what used to be logical when i first opened the port doesn t make sense at all now I m in Holland and the router is a Thomson SpeedTouch WL The way I understand it it s possible to create your own entries to open ports which is what I did and I called it Minecraft Server After creating it the user has a possiblity to assign the setting to one of the PCs connected to the network There s a few of those in our home network the family PC which is what I m using now and playing Minecraft on my laptop my cousins laptop and my aunts laptop In this list I can select from one of those to assign the port-setting to Now I don t understand why it doesn t just generally open the port to all PCs and why it isn t possible to assign more than one PC but I just accepted that when I first configured it and it worked fine when I set it to the family PC However now this doesn t work anymore I don t remember what it was set to when I opened the settings when I tried to fix it but I can tell you this Whenever I select the family PC out of the list and clicked on add the screen reloaded and in the list instead of the family PC it says it assigned my laptop I can try it as many times as I want and always select the family PC and it ll end up displaying the laptop On top of that I tried running the server on the laptop then and it doesn t work either the port is still closed when i ask the Open Port Check Tool Restarting the router didn t help and I noticed it s not the Minecraft Server setting because no matter what port setting I try to assign it s all the same problem I hope this was enough of an explanation and if there are any questions about it left as i said feel free to ask OS Windows Home Premium EDIT A few more Interesting things I just noticed - cmd ipconfig lists the local ips for the family pc as for IPv -adress and as Standardgateway - I used to access the router settings - The cmd ipconfig and the router configuration lists the local ip for my laptop as - HOWEVER when I click on my laptop when its falsely assigned for the open port it displays as local ip So technically its assigned to the right local IP but it falsely displays it as my laptop AND it doesn t work the port is displayed as closed by the Open Port Check Tool This stuff is confusing me nbsp

A:Port Forwarding doesn't work anymore

Are you using static IPs on any computers to which you want to port forward or are you letting the computers play hide and seek with dynamic addressing? Clearly you want to do the former.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/port-forwarding-doesnt-work-anymore.976071/
Relevancy 70.09%

It used to be so easy -- I d just put a cd in the tray and automatically get the response of a dialog box menu on the screen asking me what function I choose play CD watch a DVD movie etc Upon clicking quot play cd quot the doesn't drive DVD/CD work disc anymore music started to play -- never a problem Now it appears that DVD/CD disc drive doesn't work anymore the PC is not recognizing the disk drive even though the drive s info reads quot this device is working properly quot and the hardware wizard could not find a more up-to-date driver when it searched I had the PC amufacturer s tech in the phone for help this past Saturday He took remote control access to my computer and firstly removed filters he DVD/CD disc drive doesn't work anymore said were in the Registry CD still wouldn t play still not detected Next he uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Still nothing Well he determined that since it wasn t a problem with the sotware the disk drive itself must be broken so I need a hardware replacement Yike here I go with even more expense lol My question is how do I go about buying a disk drive from a store and have it installed the manufacturer no longer carries parts for my machine says it s too many years old five What detailed information should I give the store in order to get the correct conpatible device for my PC It ll probably be online shopping or telephone Oh I forgot to mention I am unable to take my machine somewhere to get this done The phone tech suggested having the Geek Squad from Best Buy come to my home to install for a fee This electronic parts repair replacement bit is all new to me making me very aggravated Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:DVD/CD disc drive doesn't work anymore

DVD/CD drives are usually good for 3-5 years. Some last less than while others will function longer. If you got 5+ years out of it you did well.

These drives are not all that expensive. Do you know someone with tech knowledge that could put one in for you. If they do it is not at all difficult to do and they would be able to size up your system.

Can you give us the make and model of your system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-cd-disc-drive-doesnt-work-anymore.148714/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi there
I've been using BBC Iplayer, Sky GO and other TV / Radio live streaming apps -- they usually give you an option as well as Full screen mode (works fine) to play in a re-sizable popout window --quite useful especially if you can move it to a second screen.

Doesn't work in W8 with IE10. Works fine in W7 with IE10. Listening to James Bond 50th anniversary concert -- great music and songs from all the films!! but can't play it in a separate popout any more. On my W7 machine - works fine.

The Full screen mode works fine as does the web "Mode" but the separate popout just does NOTHING.

(Screenshot enc -- the Middle button of the group of 3 on the main screen is the one that activates "Play in separate window").

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/15626-bbc-iplayer-sky-go-etc-popout-mode-doesnt-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello, i have an ASUS X55VD and the wireless adapter isn't working anymore. I tried troubleshooting, reinstalling the ASUS drivers (Ralink and Atheros drivers), uninstalling and uninstalling & deleting the driver from device manager. I tried uninstalling the antivirus (ESET SS 8). The wired connection is working fine.

How it started giving errors: I left it in Sleep mode for 2 days, unplugged. After this i did a restart and the wireless adapter was off. I turned it on using the Wireless Console 3 (provided by the laptop CD from ASUS), the wireless LED stays constant ON, although in Network and Sharing center, the wireless connection is Disabled. Re-enabling it from there it just says Enabling... -> Enabled but it still remains Disabled. After this i started applying the fixes mentioned above. Whenever i start the laptop now the Wireless is disabled and i don't know what else to try.

A:Wireless Network Adapter doesn't work anymore

I don't want a definite solution, just..i don't know what else to try. Can someone help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/354343-wireless-network-adapter-doesnt-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello I recently fought off a virus that wasted days out of my life It also brought about another virus that attacked my external harddrive which I ended up using file recovery to recover and reformat and that's fine and taken care of with nod and malwarebytes I was finally able to finish off the virus but I think it doesn't storage with work devices usb anymore... laptop left behind something on my computer which isn't letting me use usb thumbdrives or my external hardrive My external hardrive which now actually does work on other pc's after reformatting doesn't even show up on my computer after being plugged in only shows up laptop doesn't work with usb storage devices anymore... in safely remove hardware If I plug in a thumbdrive or my ipod it does show up on my computer but laptop doesn't work with usb storage devices anymore... when I try to access it it gives me an error and says quot The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded quot Also my computer's still been somewhat slow even after getting rid of spyware and trojans And I scanned with Uniblue which found tons of registry errors but I noticed that after it quot fixed quot them it made my computer EVEN slower So I reverted back the changes My computer also sometimes freezes when it starts up after all virus abuse It's been happening a little less often lately though Since I've scanned with nod and malwarebytes I don't think I have anymore viruses so what's the problem thanks -V

A:laptop doesn't work with usb storage devices anymore...

Hello sskikos

I think your system is still infected

We cannot help you with malware removal in this forum.
Please read ?Virus/Trojan/Spyware Removal Help ? and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information in the Virus Help Forum
If you cannot complete any step, just miss it out and do what you can, but be sure to include this information in your post.
Please ensure that you create a new thread in the Virus Help Forum; not back here in this one.

Please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-doesnt-work-with-usb-storage-devices-anymore-371397.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi Guys,

I have just had my computer cleaned of spy and malware and a small problem has presented itself.

When I am in Outlook Express and click on a hypertext link in an email, IE opens and then just sits there saying it is trying to connect but never does.

However, if I right click the link then 'save target as' and then open with IE I get the n page displayed.

I've been advised that dduring the cleanup a setting may have changed but I have no idea where to start looking.

Can anybody help or suggest a place to start.

TIA

A:Opening Hypertext Links From Oe Doesn't Work Anymore

The first place to start would be hold down the ctrl key while clicking the link. If it opens, your popup blocker is at fault.

Also: At the top of this page Tools/Internet Options/Programs tab.
Is "Internet Explorer should check whether it is the default browser" checked? If not, check it and click Apply.
Open up OE, try a link to see if it will open.

If it is checked, try

3rd option: Tools/Internet Options/Advanced tab.

Reset Internet Explorer settings. Obviously, click Reset.
This will change your home page to msn but you can easily switch it back
to whatever home page you prefer.

Try a link and let us know if this solves your issue.

If it doesn't there is something else to try that might work. The above are the simple things which should be tried first.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/165343/opening-hypertext-links-from-oe-doesnt-work-anymore/
Relevancy 69.23%

Counter Strike Portable 1.6 (64mb) doesn't work anymore. It worked on my computer for a few days, but then I got this virus(antivirus xp 2009) which i removed with my virus remover(symantec) and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Now after it's done extracting those 2 files, it won't extract(x% with the bar) (this is what happens when you open the exe file)

Nothing is wrong with the file because I've downloaded it multiple times and it works at school.

A:Counter Strike Portable doesn't work anymore

My guess: the archive is corrupt/damaged.

Redownload it and see if it works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/counter-strike-portable-doesnt-work-anymore.766038/
Relevancy 69.23%

Greetings I am having an issue with the audio on my laptop It s pretty straightforward the sound is not working anymore At first Audio Solved: anymore doesn't work suddenly I thought it was my headset because I had them Solved: Audio suddenly doesn't work anymore on when I noticed the problem but I ve tried them on my Solved: Audio suddenly doesn't work anymore iPod and they are fine Now when I plug it in my laptop all I hear is a little screeching sound No music no sound from the YouTube video that s running nothing So I tried the same thing without my headset plugged in no sound is coming out of the laptop s speakers Everything was working fine yesterday night when I went to bed I can t understand what s going on I haven t changed anything lately besides the installation of ASIO ALL for my Fruity Loops Studio program yesterday night yes it is an audio-related software but I figured if that is the problem I would ve had some trouble right after it s installation last night My audio device is a quot SigmaTel quot and I m running Windows XP -bit Could anyone help me out with this Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-audio-suddenly-doesnt-work-anymore.919848/
Relevancy 69.23%

When the autoplay comes on and I choose the wizard, nothing happens. It doesn't work when I manually go to the Programs list and select the wizard from there either. It doesn't let me copy the pictures from my memory card. This USED to work and now it doesn't. Did I delete some kind of file by mistake?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/scanner-and-camera-wizard-doesnt-work-anymore-482255.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Seems I have a virus or something that doesn't let me select the option of showing hidden files and folders. Everytime I tick the checkbox to show them it just returns to hiding everything.
Not sure how long it's been this way as I don't use the option often.
Attached is a Hijack this file which I'm hoping somebody can make sense of and help me find what's causing this problem. Thanks!

A:Show hidden files doesn't work anymore

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/192485/show-hidden-files-doesnt-work-anymore/
Relevancy 69.23%

My Start >> Documents menu doesn't work anymore, i.e. my recently-used documents don't show up on it at all. It stays empty no matter what. Same for recently used programs on the Programs menu. Windows XP Home SP2.

A:Start >> Documents Menu Doesn't Work Anymore

Have you checked your settings for the Taskbar and Start Menu?They may be set to not show these items and may explain why they do not show up in the Start Menu.Open up the Taskbar and Start Menu properties applet by doing one of the following:| right click the Taskbar >> select Properties |-OR-| Start >> Control Panel >> Taskbar and Start Menu |From the Taskbar and Start Menu properties applet, click the Start Menu tab. Verify that you the choice is selected for Start Menu (not Classic Start Menu) and click the Customize radio button. This will open the Customize Start Menu applet.The Customize Start Menu applet contains two tabs General and Advanced. On the General tab, in the middle of the applet should appear the Programs selection tool with up and down arrows to increment or decrement the number of programs to show, ensure that this is not set to 0. On the Advanced tab, at the bottom of the applet should appear Recent Documents, ensure that the check box is checked for List my most recently opened documents.Click OK to close the Customize Start Menu applet. Click Apply to apply any changes, then click OK to close the Taskbar and Start Menu properties applet.Open up 3-4 programs, and open up 3-4 documents from My Documents. Close the programs and close the documents. Click on your Start Menu and verify if there are any programs or documents which appear on the Start Menu and My Recent Documents lists respectively.If that does not work, there may have been registry settings that were changed to prevent the Start Menu -> All Programs links and My Recent Documents links from working. If you think this might be the case, refer to link below on how to reset the registry settings which control the Start Menu:http://windowsxp.mvps.org/AllPrograms.htmhttp://windowsxp.mvps.org/usershellfolders.htmHopefully that helps you out, good luck and happy hacking!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/111224/start-documents-menu-doesnt-work-anymore/
Relevancy 69.23%

MSN Gaming Zone doesn t open doesn't anymore Zone on-line Gaming MSN work I enjoy playing backgammon on-line at MSN Gaming Zone About a week ago I was no longer able to get game zone to open and play on line Could someone plz look at me HiJack Log and advise me if I have any nastie s or what it is that may be blocking my connection I have been using SpyBot Zone Alarm and Avast anti virus for about two years and have never had a problem till last week Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved on-line MSN Gaming Zone doesn't work anymore at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS VSMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES ALWIL SOFTWARE AVAST ASHSERV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RPCSS EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RSCMPT EXE C PROGRAM FILES ALWIL SOFTWARE AVAST ASHMAISV EXE C PROGRAM FILES ZONE LABS ZONEALARM ZONEALARM EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C QUICKENW QWDLLS EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES MICROSOFT OFFICE OFFICE MSOFFICE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM on-line MSN Gaming Zone doesn't work anymore PSTORES EXE C DOWNLOADS SPY BOT HI JACK HIJACKTHIS EXE O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHELPER DLL O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run DXM Patch C WINDOWS p exe Q A O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run ConMgr exe quot C PROGRAM FILES EARTHLINK CONMGR EXE quot O - HKLM Run Rscmpt C WINDOWS SYSTEM Rscmpt exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS SYSTEM hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run PCLEPCI C PROGRA PINNACLE PPE ppe exe O - HKLM Run ashMaiSv C PROGRA ALWILS AVAST ashmaisv exe O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices TrueVector C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS VSMON EXE -service O - HKLM RunServices avast C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashserv exe O - Startup Quicken Startup lnk C QUICKENW QWDLLS EXE O - Startup Billminder lnk C QUICKENW BILLMIND EXE O - Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Startup PowerReg Scheduler exe O - Global Startup ZoneAlarm lnk C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zonealarm exe O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - https download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - DPF BF D - C - B -BC -D ABDDC B QuickTime Object - http www apple com qtactivex qtplugin cab O - DPF C C - D - D - D - FE OPUCatalog Class - http office microsoft com productupdates content opuc cab O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB x ansi iuctl CAB O - DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - Shockwave ActiveX Control - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs director sw cab O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net housecall antivirus com housecall xscan cab O - DPF BA C -DAE - CE - BB- C A F B GSDACtl Class - https www gamespyid com alaunch cab O - DPF B C -AB - -B -FC CE D B D - http www silvercrk com php hwsoliii scecab cab O - DPF BCB- D A- D -A B- DA DE RdxIE Class - http eb c a c b netzip RdxIE cab O - DPF C FCEF -ACE - D -BEBD- AA B AE Symantec RuFSI Registry Information Class - http security symantec com SSC SharedContent common bin cabsa cab O - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-line-msn-gaming-zone-doesnt-work-anymore.165523/
Relevancy 69.23%

when i click windows update i get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." i can open other pages in iexplorer, except windows update pages. i had Thinkpoint, which appears to be gone thanks some advice from this forum. system restore attempts have also been unsuccessful. i'm not sure if the windows update and system restore issues started before the thinkpoint infection. thanks.

A:windows update doesn't work

Hi -
As a side note , please do not use System Restore until an expert has finished malware cleanup and tells you it is OK -
You may re introduce some of the infection back to your system -

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/365570/windows-update-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 69.23%

When I try to use Windows Update, it says computer has to be restarted; if I restart, it just goes back to the same thing. I had a recent infection and got it cleaned up with help on here.   I've also tried the various windows update repair tools, and they haven't solved the problem. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks.

Hello

This is a problem with very, very many possible causes. We must start at the most common, and keep persevering until we hit upon the one which applies to your computer. Please stick with me.

People will look online and find simple solutions for you (such as the Windows Update reboot registry key). Whilst this is a cause, it isn't a *likely* cause. Please understand that I have not unintentionally overlooked it, but we are better off starting with more common, but more advanced solutions.

Most common solution to this problem: transactional logfile corruption (don't worry, you don't need to understand that )

So, please start an Elevated Command Prompt: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-elevated-command-prompt/

and copy and paste in the following:fsutil resource setautoreset true %systemdrive%\
attrib -r -s -h %SystemRoot%\System32\Config\TxR\*
del %SystemRoot%\System32\Config\TxR\*
attrib -r -s -h %SystemRoot%\System32\SMI\Store\Machine\*
del %SystemRoot%\System32\SMI\Store\Machine\*.tm*
del %SystemRoot%\System32\SMI\Store\Machine\*.blf
del %SystemRoot%\System32\SMI\Store\Machine\*.regtrans-ms
and press enter after the final line if necessary.
If you are asked if you are sure, type Y and press enter.
You may get some errors on some of these lines. Please just ignore them (they are normal), and let me know whether this resolves your problem.

Thank you!

Richard

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492643/windows-update-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 69.23%

Suddenly, I noticed that Windows update no longer works. I still get automatic updates, but for some reason I can't manually update things. Anyone else seen this? If you note, they're asking to install an Active-X control, but the information bar doesn't popup to allow me to continue.

I set the security back to defaults, but that didn't seem to have an effect.

Relevancy 69.23%

Im running windows vista ultimate x and for the past few months the windows updater hasn't been working I had a virus malware problem for the last few weeks and I think I cleared that up the guy in the HJT forum told me my log was clean The Update Doesn't Work Windows problem is that I currently have important updates - Windows Update Doesn't Work and ive always had updates for the past few months Whenever I try to update them most of them fail sometimes all After this I restart and it takes a while to configure the updates before loading desktop Then the next time I restart the Windows Update Doesn't Work same updates are back in windows update There are also ultimate extras that always fail whenever I try to update Anybody have any idea what the problem is Maybe they are blocked from updating or something I have Windows Update Doesn't Work roomates who might have messed with some of the settings I should also mention that I don't think im receiving new updates either Its been the same updates for a few months I still dont have SP etc I just now tried updating again and I took screenshots The Updates Ultimate updates The updates failed My update history the failed ones go all the way back to April and the ultimate extras have failed ever since february As you can see all the same updates keep failing And im pretty sure I haven't been getting any new updates for a long time either

A:Windows Update Doesn't Work

Cmon guys, somebody please help.

Just give me ideas, any suggestion that might come to mind that could possibly be the problem fell free to post. I am absolutely clueless and I know somebody on this forum knows something helpful.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153921/windows-update-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 69.23%

Windows Update doesn't download from MS anymore. When I try to manually update my comp opens a new browser, goes to Micorsoft Windows Update. In the browser it sez:

"Checking for the latest version of the Windows Update software...

Depending on your connection speed, this might take a minute. During this time, you may receive one or more security warnings. Review each security warning to ensure that the content is signed by Microsoft, and then click Install or Yes to install the software."

But nothing happens. On the left side of the window, the Install Updates, View Installation History, & Restore Hidden updates is greyed out.

Any help would be appreciated...

Bill

Hi,
That's normal if you have a dial-up connection (like me), as it does actually take about 30 seconds and then the page refreshes by itself, but 30 sec. is max for that page...
During that time you will not see anything happening (no progress bars, or hourglass) or anything, but if you're running SP2, you may get a Windows Update ActiveX download warning which you should allow...

NOTE: If it gets stuck there,
1. Try deleting your temporary internet files..
2. Setting your Internet Zone security level at Medium..
3. Adding *.microsoft.com to your trusted internet sites list..
4. Accept all cookies from Microsoft.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-doesnt-work.309360/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi guys,
Well I've had my computer for like the past, 1 year or so.
Just like a few months ago, during August, there was a popup at the taskbar saying that windows can't download the update or something like that.
So, yesterday, I used the Operating System disc that I got when I first got my (gateway) computer, and reset everything. But, it still doesn't work!! I can't even download itunes anymore. I keep pressing the "Try again" button, and it doesn't work. The error code I get is "Code 8007000B".
CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME!?

A:Windows update doesn't work! :(

Using 'Windows Help & Support' feature

Windows Update error 8007000b

If you receive error 8007000b when you try to install Windows Vista updates, the Windows file system transaction log has become corrupted. The transaction log is used by the Windows file system to recover when a file error occurs. To correct this update error, you need to clear the log. Here's how:

To clear the file system transaction log
Click the Start button . In the Search box, type Command Prompt, and then, in the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.

In the command prompt window, type fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\. (This assumes that C: is the drive in which Windows Vista is installed. If Windows is installed on another drive, change the drive letter accordingly.)

Restart your computer.

Download and install the update again.

If the problem persists after you have followed the steps above, go to the Windows Update Support Center website to try to find more information about the error code or to request support by e-mail.

Help and Support search term: WindowsUpdate_8007000b

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-doesnt-work.905929/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi have Windows XP 64 bit installed and am trying to update the system. When I goto windows update I receive the following error:

[Error number: 0x8009200D]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.

====

There were a few fixes I tried, but none worked.
The first one:

regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 mssip32.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll

Second one involved disabling cryptsvc, renaming the catroot2 folder an reenabling cryptsvc.

None worked.. anyone have any ideas?

So I was finally able to update once... After a reboot it worked allowing me to actually load the windowsupdate site. I downloaded the 6 or so patches it had available for xp64 pro and then rebooted to install.

When I booted up again afterwards it did not work, giving me the above errors again. Weird! Anyway, eventually it again worked again (It seemed random, I didnt do anything different that I could tell)

But this time, it said there were no updates to download. So my question is now, Is there a Service Pack 2 update for Wnidows XP Pro 64bit? If so it does not show up on the list.. if there isin't... is the 64bit version vulnerable or does it have those upgrades built in elsewhere?

Anyone here familar with the 64bit xp pro?

p.s. Oh yea, it has now stopped letting me onto windowsupdate again. Showing those above errors... anyone have an idea on those either? Heh I'm stumped.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-update-doesnt-work-60950.html
Relevancy 69.23%

My computer is windows 7 ultimate service pack 1. My windows update doesn't work. I can't search for new updates because it displays the error Code 80072EE6. Therefore i can't update my windows.

Relevancy 69.23%

I am running Windows 7 x64 on my Asus G73JH laptop.

I already performed a clean reinstall in the hopes of fixing this problem but to no avail.

So my issue is when I open Windows Update and click on the check for updates button it does one of two things. It either just flashes to the checking for updates loading screen and then returns to normal, or gives me an error stating that the Windows Update service is not running despite it really being up.

I have tried the Windows Fixits and many other solutions such as deleting certain folders and restarting the service but none have worked so far.

A:Windows Update doesn't work

This is also the log file I receive when I attempt an installation of .NET Framework 4 Standalone Installer

OS Version = 6.1.7600, Platform 2
OS Description = Windows 7 - x64 Home Premium Edition
CommandLine = C:\f5870403d8371dd6be3d8c307aab\\Setup.exe /x86 /x64
TimeZone = Central Daylight Time
Initial LCID = 1033
Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism
Operation: Installing
Package Name = Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Setup
Package Version = 4.0.30319
User Experience Data Collection Policy: AlwaysUploaded
Number of applicable items: 11
Exe (C:\f5870403d8371dd6be3d8c307aab\SetupUtility.exe) succeeded.
Exe Log File: dd_SetupUtility.txt
ServiceControl operation succeeded!
ServiceControl operation succeeded!
Exe (C:\f5870403d8371dd6be3d8c307aab\Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x64.msu) failed with 0xc8000247 - (null).
Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0xC8000247) (Elapsed time: 0 00:00:06).

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/289074-windows-update-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 69.23%

As most should know, windows update or microsoft update uses i.e. (internet explorer) as the default web browser. But for some reason when i go to windows update page the screen turns up blank and says done. Need help.

Hello Are you using windows XP ? Then you might want to try this:http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htmGood luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39680/windows-update-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 69.23%

I purchased a Gateway desktop with Win7 installed, but no installation disc. When I try to run Windows Update, it takes me to the site, but the shield is X'd out, and it tells me the service is not running, although in fact it is. I have seen others reporting this same problem, at sites all over the Internet, and have seen about a dozen suggested solutions, none of which works for me (or for a lot of other people). Any advice on this, apart from waiting for Microsoft to fix it (and deliver the fix in some way other than WU)?

Have you tried turning off your firewall for a few minutes?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/172960-windows-update-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 69.23%

My Windows Update was working fine up until about two weeks ago.  Two weeks ago my Kaspersky ran out and I switched over to Bit Defender.  I am trying to install a new program and get the message that my Net Framework needs to be updated, there is a current Net Framework 4.0 update but it won't download.  I ran the troubleshooter and tried many other things to get Windows update working.  I get the message "Windows cannot search for new updates"  code 80080005.  My most recent check for updates was on 8/20/2013.  Checking my update history I had numerous updates up until 9/10/2013, I was also able to download one two days ago, but there are two more and they will not download.  I might add that the numerous updates until 9/10/2013 were all installed successfully, and it was not until I installed Bit Defender that I cannot use Windows Update. 

No guarantees but you might like to try the following sequence:

Uninstall Bit Defender using their removal tool:
http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall/

Uninstall Kapersky using their removal tool to remove any remnants:
http://support.kaspersky.com/common/service.aspx?el=1464

(Windows Defender now active?)

Run the MS Windows 7 Update Fixit Tool:
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_update/

Test Windows Update functionality.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509455/windows-update-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 69.23%

My computer was recently infected.  I think we got it cleaned, but I'm not 100% sure.  Now when I try to use Windows Update, it says computer has to be restarted; if I restart, it just goes back to the same thing.  I've tried the various windows update repair tools, and they haven't solved the problem.  If a file has been corrupted, can anyone help me resolve that?  Any other help is also appreciated.  Thanks.

Please complete your topic in Malware Removal area as there are items that still need attention -fireman4it closed it on 08 April as you did not reply to any questions -See > http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489699/possible-zeroaccess-infection/#entry3021737 You can still request for the topic to be continued - Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491250/windows-update-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 69.23%

i'm using windows xp service pack 2. i try to go to the windows update page and all i get is a blank white screen and on the bottom left hand corner of the screen, it says done. but nothing is there. if i edit the top url, i can go anywhere i want but just not windows update. i have no viruses, spyware, adaware as i have a thorough check of all and came up empty.

Any suggestions.

Relevancy 69.23%

I had a virus last week I don t remember the name but it was one that loaded a exe file with different names every time I connected to the internet The files where something like xjhijm exe or something like that The number always changed Well I ran different antivirus until I get it clean It seems to worked out Then every time my computer started the svchost exe in the system went up to usage of CPU for a while I read that if I took the wuauserv from the svchost path and put separate will help to fix this It did but now my Automatic Updates don t work Even if I go to the windows update website I get this error Please change your Internet Explorer security settings To save changes to your doesn't Update Windows HELP! work settings for this website you need to enable userdata persistence for Internet Explorer Complete the steps below and then click Change settings to the left and try saving your changes again In Internet Explorer on the Tools menu click Internet Options Click the Security tab click the Internet security zone icon and then click Custom Level In the Settings dialog box scroll to the Miscellaneous section Under Userdata persistence select Enable Click OK and when the security warning dialog box appears click Yes Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem error number x A yourself I have tried all the steps posted on the microsoft to fix that error number but none of them worked for me I ran hijackthis to see if you guys can help me identify what the problem is and if I still have a virus Thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS HELP! Windows Update doesn't work system spoolsv exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com HELP! Windows Update doesn't work vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files HELP! Windows Update doesn't work Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C PROGRA PESTPA PPControl exe C PROGRA PESTPA PPMemCheck exe C PROGRA PESTPA CookiePatrol exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Common Files Sonic Shared cinetray exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager SkypePM exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-windows-update-doesnt-work.550603/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey The last time an update was installed was in January since the Windows work Update doesn't next time i was offered an update Windows Update or any of the programs that use windows update fail to update Also i can't download the updates manually standalone msu installers also dont Windows Update doesn't work work windows defender IE installations also fail to update And unfortunately i have deleted the recent system restore checkpoints before i knew about this problem Windows Update gives error i have tried the quot solution quot to delete temp update files and all other solutions i could find on the internet Windows defender gives the same error The updates can be downloaded from windows update but cannot be download not even manually in msu package I also lost many shortcut files of MS Office the icon Windows Update doesn't work turned white and they lost their target Some shortcuts of rd party programs are also lost which were supposed to be in c windows installer blabla I have Windows Vista Home Basic with SP SP came with the ssytem when i bought it This is very weird I have no other choice than to reformat drive and use recovery disk Please help

Originally Posted by Huki

Hey,

The last time an update was installed was in January..since the next time i was offered an update, Windows Update or any of the programs that use windows update fail to update. Also i can't download the updates manually..standalone msu installers also dont work.. windows defender, IE8 installations also fail to update. And unfortunately i have deleted the recent system restore checkpoints before i knew about this problem.
Windows Update gives error 80070002, i have tried the "solution" to delete temp update files, and all other solutions i could find on the internet. Windows defender gives the same error. The updates can be downloaded from windows update, but cannot be download (not even manually in .msu package)
I also lost many shortcut files of MS Office (the icon turned white and they lost their target). Some shortcuts of 3rd party programs are also lost (which were supposed to be in c:\windows\installer\blabla\

I have Windows Vista Home Basic with SP1 (SP1 came with the ssytem when i bought it). This is very weird. I have no other choice than to reformat drive and use recovery disk. Please help.

Hi Huki,

Have a look here;
http://www.vistax64.com/software-too...air-tools.html

Also check that your system date and time are correct

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/217718-windows-update-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 69.23%

forget about my post there s an other place it fit s better sorry for mistake i have also just set up a old samsung-notebook with Win -ultimate-x and Windows Update doesn t work Please Please someone can help I still have tried several things But nothing stopped svchost allocating whole cpu till stopping wuausrv KB doesn t help nor net stop bits net stop wuauserv windir system regsvr exe windir system vbscript dll s windir system regsvr exe windir system mshtml Update work. doesn't Windows dll s windir system regsvr exe windir system msjava dll s windir system regsvr exe windir system jscript dll s windir system regsvr exe windir system msxml dll s windir system regsvr exe windir system actxprxy dll s windir system regsvr exe windir system shdocvw dll s windir system regsvr exe wuapi dll s windir system regsvr exe wuaueng dll s windir system regsvr exe wuaueng dll s windir system Windows Update doesn't work. regsvr exe wucltui dll s windir system regsvr exe wups dll s windir system regsvr exe wups dll s windir system regsvr exe wuweb dll s windir system regsvr exe Windows Update doesn't work. Softpub dll s windir system regsvr exe Mssip dll s windir system regsvr exe Initpki dll s windir system regsvr exe softpub dll s windir system regsvr exe wintrust dll s windir system regsvr exe initpki dll s windir system regsvr exe dssenh dll s windir system regsvr exe rsaenh dll s windir system regsvr exe gpkcsp dll s windir system regsvr exe sccbase dll s windir system regsvr exe slbcsp dll s windir system regsvr exe cryptdlg dll s windir system regsvr exe Urlmon dll s windir system regsvr exe Shdocvw dll s windir system regsvr exe Msjava dll s windir system regsvr exe Actxprxy dll s windir system regsvr exe Oleaut dll s windir system regsvr exe Mshtml dll s windir system regsvr exe msxml dll s windir system regsvr exe msxml dll s windir system regsvr exe msxml dll s windir system regsvr exe Browseui dll s windir system regsvr exe shell dll s windir system regsvr exe wuapi dll s windir system regsvr exe wuaueng dll s windir system regsvr exe wuaueng dll s windir system regsvr exe wucltui dll s windir system regsvr exe wups dll s windir system regsvr exe wuweb dll s windir system regsvr exe jscript dll s windir system regsvr exe atl dll s windir system regsvr exe Mssip dll s net start bits net start wuauserv wuauclt resetauthorization detectnow even del content of windir SoftwareDistribution Download after stopping services doesn t help

A:Windows Update doesn't work.

forget about my post ... there?s an other place it fit?s better ... sorry for mistake

Code:
Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
-----------------------------------------
Windows Validation Data-->

Validation Code: 0
Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0xc004f012
Windows Product Key: *****-*****-P6YY3-YMY46-84MB4
Windows Product Key Hash: jTV2kipiYLyHbVtWLMP48o3GWwc=
Windows Product ID: 00426-OEM-9154277-24190
Windows Product ID Type: 3
Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
Windows OS version: 6.1.7601.2.00010100.1.0.001
ID: {AFE27E9A-51FE-4FED-BDC0-C1A5FB868B97}(1)
Is Admin: Yes
TestCab: 0x0
LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Product Name: Windows 7 Ultimate
Architecture: 0x00000000
Build lab: 7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
TTS Error:
Validation Diagnostic:
Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
File Exists: No
WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
Office Status: 109 N/A
OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->
Proxy settings: N/A
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
Active scripting: Allowed
Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watadminsvc.exe[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\npwatweb.dll[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watux.exe[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watweb.dll[Hr = 0x80070003]

Other data-->
Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{AFE27E9A-51FE-4FED-BDC0-C1A5FB868B97}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.1.7601.2.00010100.1.0.001</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-84MB4</PKey><PID>00426-OEM-9154277-24190</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1578092904-2457771745-111237317</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>SAMSUNG</Manufacturer><Model>CORONA</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix</Manufacturer><Version>HCNODEM0.86C.0000.X.0000000000</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="31"/><Date>20041008000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>E3BB0900018400FC</HWID><UserLCID>0407</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0407</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Mitteleurop?ische Zeit(GMT+01:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults>

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->
Softwarelizenzierungsdienst-Version: 6.1.7601.17514

Name: Windows(R) 7, Ultimate edition
Beschreibung: Windows Operating System - Windows(R) 7, OEM_COA_... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/379642-windows-update-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. When I clicked on window update, it took a long time for the window to appear. The left side bar of windows update is red. When I clicked on check for update, an error : window update cannot currently cheak for update because the service is not running.. You may need to restart. But restarting dis nothing.

I tried to use fixit but I got an error " am error occurred while downloading one or more components"
the diag_mats_network_global also doe not work.

Relevancy 69.23%

I've had this problem for quite a while now and it's starting to drive me crazy My bluetooth devices can't connect to my laptop because it appears as though they can't find it at all The device work doesn't Bluetooth bluetooth speakers was already added and used to work with my laptop and it still works with my phone or other computers without any trouble but my laptop's bluetooth just isn't working I Bluetooth doesn't work can't delete it from my added devices to try and re-add it Worst of all I can't open Bluetooth settings at all Not using Control Panel not using the bluetooth icon not using search just not at all I click it and nothing happens So I've tried to look it up in Services msc to see if it might be disabled but it says it should be running In msconfig it says the Bluetooth service is stopped however Either way I'd love to use my bluetooth devices with my laptop again so if anyone knows how to fix this that would be awesome

A:Bluetooth doesn't work

Go back to Services and right click on the Bluetooth support service and double click on it.

When the Bluetooth support service properties open look to see what the startup type is, then click on Start in the the Service status.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537040/bluetooth-doesnt-work/