Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 keeps restarting!!! dell studio!! help please!!!

Q: Windows 7 keeps restarting!!! dell studio!! help please!!!

Ok so my computer was working fine the day before. then the next day it went to boot to windows 7 it showed the logo then just restarted and it would just do it over again. tried all the repair restore points, and even factory reset! still nothing! im thinking it might be my hard drive? can anyone help???

dell studio intel i3 500gigs SATA 4gigs ram windows 7

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 keeps restarting!!! dell studio!! help please!!!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 keeps restarting!!! dell studio!! help please!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-keeps-restarting-dell-studio-help-please.999947/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

I am using Dell studio 15 and windows 7 operating system. I want to use the 30days train version software more than 30days. My question is

1. Is it possible to use 30days trail version into more than 30days?
2. How can we achieve this
3. How to set the system date to use 30days trail version morethan 30days?
4. If we I put Virtual machine(ex. Windows -2003) and if i use this 30days will trail version will expire in 30 days.

Please help me

A:Dell Studio-15 Windows 7

Windows 7 Enterprise | 90-day Trial, Evaluation, Test, Download

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-studio-15-windows-7-a-591659.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there,

I have a dell studio 1558 laptop with windows 7 home premium. I have an issue wherein windows 7 restarts itself. It does throw a BSOD but I can't capture/see that as it immediately restarts after that. I read somewhere in this forum that i should uncheck the option "automatically restart on system failure" in system properties. But i can't even do that because the system restarts even before I get the login screen.
Same behavior is seen in safe mode. I tried almost all the options that appear when you press F8 key while booting. Any assistance in resolving this is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A:Windows 7 on dell studio restarts itself.

Hi Welcome to TSF

DO you have a copy of windows 7 DVD?
if so try this
Repair Windows 7 Using the Startup Repair Tool

If not

Have you tried restoring from the recovery menu?

you can backup your files using Ubuntu live CD
Use Ubuntu Live CD to Backup Files from Your Dead Windows Computer - How-To Geek

After that is done Get into the recovery by pressing F8 on dell logo screen when computer is booting
Reset it to factory default

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-on-dell-studio-restarts-itself-658948.html
Relevancy 59.77%

nbsp nbsp nbsp DELL 435 STUDIO AUDIO 10 PRO WINDOWS NO XPS nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp DELL STUDIO XPS 435 WINDOWS 10 PRO NO AUDIO nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp DELL STUDIO XPS 435 WINDOWS 10 PRO NO AUDIO nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Hi I have a serious issue I have just upgraded to Windows Pro The very first Windows update without even touching the keyboard will automatically download is the following troublesome one Realtek High Definition Audio Driver version nbsp This affects the sound over the external speakers as no sound DELL STUDIO XPS 435 WINDOWS 10 PRO NO AUDIO thereafter Before this download the sound over the external speakers is normal and loud I even used Microsoft s recommended nbsp wushowhide diagcab nbsp I ran that tool It caught the driver and HID the driver only for windows update to override it and there goes the hidden driver The driver downloads again I remove it from Add and Remove and restart and before u know it within seconds before u can think of another solution the driver is installed and the sound disappears again For Dell Studio XPS mt this is a big problem Please help me get rid of this download once and for all permanently It you could e mail me on lt ADMIN NOTE Email id removed per privacy policy gt nbsp I will be glad Regards Moe

A:DELL STUDIO XPS 435 WINDOWS 10 PRO NO AUDIO

Hello - I am having the same issue... I do get sound but it is very low and tinny over very good Bose speakers which were find under 7. I have Del xps 435MT on Win10 as well. 
I was even thinking of adding a PCIe sound card in the hope that it would override the current audio driver and hardware. Thoughts? thanks John

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19647725
Relevancy 59.77%

My anyone Windows Studio from 540 10? Dell 7 Has updated to a daughter has a Dell Studio running Windows Home Premium -bit and she's been asking me if it's OK to upgrade to Windows Since I live several hundred miles from her I didn't Has anyone updated a Dell Studio 540 from Windows 7 to 10? want to tell her to go ahead until I had a chance to check things out and now I'm wondering myself what to do I fired up some Dell utility for drivers and updates and it came back with a message that said the Studio had not been tested for compatibility with Windows and if an upgrade was attempted things might not work Of course that doesn't really mean they won't it only means that Dell hasn't tested anything and they're covering themselves just in case Now The Windows Upgrade Icon is in her system tray and it says that the machine was tested and found to be compatible with no issues found so drivers might exist from Microsoft So has anyone upgraded a Dell Studio If so what if any problems did you encounter

A:Has anyone updated a Dell Studio 540 from Windows 7 to 10?

Microsoft is often provided with drivers not designed specifically for the computer, which means updating is risky. It probably will work, but you always run the risk of crashing, or small problems like it having a hard time coming out of sleep mode, etc.

If she really wants it, she can try it out, and revert back if it doesn't work in month provided to revert.

To remove the tray icon, do this: Get Windows 10 Icon - Remove from Taskbar in Windows 7 and 8.1 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/31845-has-anyone-updated-dell-studio-540-windows-7-10-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Studio 1737 laptop running windows 7 64 bit home premium, i know windows 10 is not supported for this model laptop but I was wondering if anyone has tried installing windows 10 on one of these and what the problems are if any.
Many Thanks
Victor

A:Dell Studio 1737 Windows 10

VA27000,
The problem would be that some of the hardware would not function properly;if all. This is due to not having the needed drivers for Windows 10. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19979848
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I have a Dell Studio XPS OEM Windows -bit installed my GPU is an nvidia geforce gt Sometimes Windows completely freezes even the mouse pointer and automatically shuts down after Freezes 8000, Windows 7 Studio Dell x64 XPS some minutes It started happening in January and happens from to times a day On the next windows start this message is shown sorry Dell Studio XPS 8000, Windows 7 x64 Freezes it's in Italian Quote Firma problema Nome evento problema BlueScreen Versione SO ID impostazioni locali Ulteriori informazioni sul problema BCCode BCP FFFFFA AB E BCP FFFFF D NOTE last digits always change BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product File che contribuiscono alla descrizione del problema C WINDOWS Minidump - - dmp D Users Enrico AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata Dell Studio XPS 8000, Windows 7 x64 Freezes xml Seems like a BSoD happened but I didn't see any blue screen Every Dell's diagnostics utility say everything is working alright After a Windows clean install it seemed to stop happening for some days I did a google search on this error and it seems related to the GPU I did better testing on it I tried different nvidia drivers and but nothing resolved Sometimes it happens when I'm booting up my PC but it mostly happens while I'm actively using it GPU is not overclocked and the freeze happens even when its temperature is really low It didn't happen during the furmark benchmark EDIT When I link the monitor via VGA instead of HDMI I can see a BSoD after the freeze happens The system is still in warranty so I if I bring it back to the shop I will have it repaired for free but I'd like to try solving the problem without having to wait several weeks Thanks in advance for any input

A:Dell Studio XPS 8000, Windows 7 x64 Freezes

Quote: Originally Posted by Instabile

Hi, I have a Dell Studio XPS 8000, OEM Windows 7 64-bit installed, my GPU is an nvidia geforce gt 220.
Sometimes Windows completely freezes (even the mouse pointer), and automatically shuts down after some minutes.
It started happening in January 2011, and happens from 0 to 6 times a day.
On the next windows start, this message is shown (sorry, it's in Italian):

Quote:
Firma problema:
Nome evento problema: BlueScreen
Versione SO: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
ID impostazioni locali: 1040

Ulteriori informazioni sul problema:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA80046AB4E0
BCP2: FFFFF88004D64428 // NOTE: last 8 digits always change
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

File che contribuiscono alla descrizione del problema:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\022411-26629-01.dmp
D:\Users\Enrico\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-50715-0.sysdata.xml

Seems like a BSoD happened, but I didn't see any blue screen.
Every Dell's diagnostics utility say everything is working alright.
After a Windows clean install, it seemed to stop happening for some days.

I did a google search on this error, and it seems related to the GPU, I did better testing on it.
I tried different nvidia drivers (266.58 and 263.11), but nothing resolved.
Sometimes it happens when I'm booting up my PC, but it mostly happens while I'm actively using it.
GPU is not overclocked and the freeze happens even when its temperature is really low. It didn't happen during the furmark benchmark.

The following details are not confirmed, since I'm currently testing them:
It doesn't seem to happen while I use the PC without video driver, or when I link the PC to the screen using a VGA cable.
It only seems to happen when I link my monitor (Samsung SyncMaster T220HD) with an HDMI cable.

The system is still in warranty, so I if I bring it back to the shop I will have it repaired for free, but I'd like to try solving the problem without having to wait several weeks...

Thanks in advance for any input!

You have 5 different Bug Check codes and that is usually hardware. Since 2-3 of them are video related I share your suspicion that is it video driver, or card.

I would re-install the driver this way

When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.

I would also run a system file check to verify and repair system files. Neither should void your warranty.

If these both come back clean there are a few other things we can try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/146822-dell-studio-xps-8000-windows-7-x64-freezes.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello Everyone:
I'm new to this site and after reading and reading and then some more I have no choice but to ask for help. I have a dell studio running Windows Vista Premium 32bit, ran the upgrade advisor and found that I can upgrade to W7 Premium. I bough an upgrade cd for W7 premium 32bit on ebay, it is from a Sony Vaio, it came with the activation number/key. Can I use the cd to upgrade my dell to W7?, if possible i would like to get rid of Vista completely, any suggestions. Thanks for your attention, JIM

A:Windows 7 from Vaio to Dell Studio, how in the world?

Might be worth having a read of this thread...

upgrading acer vista laptop with sony upgrade dvd

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/59031-windows-7-vaio-dell-studio-how-world.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Is Dell not going to provide driver support for Dell Studio 1558 Laptop?If YES,   When?If NO,     Why? 

Post edited by natakuc4 (below the line) so the following information is at the top of the first page:
Studio 1558 - Windows 8 64 bit Drivers (unofficial)
Likely this will cover the Studio 1555 also. Post any additions you find on this forum and if anything doesn't work in the list.

A:Dell Studio 1558 Support for Windows 8

I have a Dell Studio 1558 Laptop.
I installed Windows 8 Pro.I'm facing few issues regarding driver compatibility.

Dell 365 Bluetooth driver is not installing; but I can use the Dell wireless bluetooth mouse. In the mouse, scroll isn't working; connection drops and after moving the mouse, it gets connected.  
Synaptics Touchpad driver is installed, Gestures for scroll (Vertical/horizontal) are working, Touchpad icon is shown in notification area; but after double-clicking Touch pad settings is NOT opening; I tried via Control Panel/mouse settings/Dell Touch Pad Settings also.
ST Microelectronics DE351DL Motion Sensor Driver  is NOT working.

Will Dell be releasing Windows 8 drivers for Studio 1558 Laptops?If yes, When?Thanks 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19473320
Relevancy 59.34%

Guys i need all the drivers of windows 7 for my dll studio 1555
my config is: 4gb ram,320gb hdd,256mb ati mobilit radeon hd 4570

A:Windows 7 drivers for Dell Studio 1555

Hi, so why can't you download them from Dell, is there a problem getting them or something.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/28145-windows-7-drivers-dell-studio-1555-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi guys don t know if you can help Have a 7 1535 loading Windows not Dell on Studio Dell Studio which came with Vista Home Premium installed It has GB Memory RAM Checked and could not find anything that said it was not compatible with Windows So bought a copy of Windows Home Premium As recommended by Windows I uninstalled these programs - iTunes - ATI Catalyst Install Windows 7 not loading on Dell Studio 1535 Manager had to do this by selecting Change amp then uninstall in Control Panel Windows 7 not loading on Dell Studio 1535 Programs amp Features as no uninstall option with this program for some reason Checked system type - bit operating system So used the Windows 7 not loading on Dell Studio 1535 bit software When I tried to install it got error quot The upgrade was not successful Your previous version of windows is being restored Do not restart your computer during this time quot I know other people have been able to install Windows on this model Is there anything that you can suggest I try I am a novice so if you can help please give basic instructions that a non techie person can follow Help I hate Vista Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi guys don't know if you can help Have a Dell Studio which came with Vista Home Premium installed It has GB Memory RAM Running Kaspersky internet security Checked Windows Upgrade Advisor and could not find anything that said it was not compatible with Windows So bought a copy of Windows Home Premium As recommended by Windows I uninstalled these programs - iTunes - ATI Catalyst Install Manager had to do this by selecting Change amp then uninstall in Control Panel Programs amp Features as no uninstall option with this program for some reason Checked system type - bit operating system So used the bit software When I tried to install it got error quot The upgrade was not successful Your previous version of windows is being restored 7 Studio 1535 on not loading Dell Windows Do not restart your computer during this time quot I know other people have been able to install Windows on this model Is there anything that Windows 7 not loading on Dell Studio 1535 you can suggest I try I am not majorly Windows 7 not loading on Dell Studio 1535 'techie' so if you can help please give basic instructions that a non techie person can follow Help Thanks

A:Windows 7 not loading on Dell Studio 1535

It is strongly recommended to do a Clean Install rather than an in-place Upgrade which imports any corruption from the prior OS.

Clean Install Windows 7 Boot the Win7 DVD, select Custom install, use Drive tools to format before installing Win7. The DVD will see the prior OS at bootup to allow use of Upgrade version key.

If there was ever a time for a fresh clean install it is with the best OS ever.

If you must for some reason do an in-place Upgrade at this time, try running it with a Clean Boot procedure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/76648-windows-7-not-loading-dell-studio-1535-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello all!

I wonder if anyone could help me shed some light on the best process for the above subject.

I currently have a Dell Studio XPS 435MT (Vista 64bit) running two HDD's in RAID 0 (as from factory) I need to install Windows 7 64bit and would like to also install it onto the new SSD I have bought (Crucial 128GB) as an upgrade.

Could I simply take the current HDD's out (after backing up essential data) to keep safe as backup plan and add the SSD into slot 0 and install Windows 7?? Then possibly add say a 1tb storage drive to the system later?

One solution someone has sent my way is to clone the two 500gb RAID 0 drives to a single 1tb drive then install Windows 7 onto the new SSD and have both drives on a multiboot? Could this work?

I have seen/heard many versions of how to go about this install but no real evidence of a true way?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Poke13

A:Dell Studio XPS 435MT - Installing SSD and Windows 7 64bit

It takes 3-500GB drives to give you 1.3TB of storage space because of formatting over-head. 2-500GB drives will be considerably less than 1TB. Keep the 2-500's in a single RAID array and set the SSD as a separate partition for Windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-xps-435mt-installing-ssd-and-windows-7-64bit.199415/
Relevancy 58.48%

Recently purchased Dell Studio with Windows Professional has issues with randomly restarting no warning blue screen and fairly frequent BSODs Between - times a Random Windows 1558 7 Restart Studio Dell day Laptop is not in motion when errors happen BlueScreenView Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String BUGCODE USB DRIVER Bug Check Code x fe Parameter Parameter fffffa a Parameter b Parameter fffffa bb Caused By Driver USBPORT SYS Caused By Address USBPORT SYS de e File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String BUGCODE USB DRIVER Bug Check Code x fe Parameter Parameter fffffa d a Parameter b Parameter fffffa c Caused By Driver USBPORT SYS Caused By Address USBPORT SYS de e File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String BUGCODE USB DRIVER Bug Check Code x fe Parameter Parameter fffffa b a Parameter b Parameter fffffa dc Caused By Driver USBPORT SYS Caused By Address USBPORT Dell Studio 1558 Windows 7 Random Restart SYS de e File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter fffffa d c a Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff acc da Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win gdr - Dell Studio 1558 Windows 7 Random Restart Processor x Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Speccy http speccy piriform com results mZS Q EBuxesHCOThaVkIsJ

A:Dell Studio 1558 Windows 7 Random Restart

Refer to this site to see if it offers any help. Your bug-check code indicates a faulty USB Device or Driver.
http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-fatal_error/BUGCODE-USB-DRIVER-0x000000FE-*1251.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358591/dell-studio-1558-windows-7-random-restart/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Everybody,
Pls advise me as I am really having tough time.
I have got Laptop Dell Studio 1458 which came installed with Windows 7 64 bit edition.
Recently I formatted and installed Windows 7 32 bit OS of my own.
However I am unable to find Windows 7 32 bit edition compatible Drivers for Ethernet etc for my dell laptop.
Pls let me know how or from where can i download 32 bit windows 7 compatible dell drivers.
This is really urgent as I am unable to use ethernet ports on my computer.
Looking forward for guidance.
Pls advise. The below devices are not getting recognized its really urgent.

A:Dell Laptop Studio 1458 - Need Windows 7 Drivers 32 BIT

Quote: Originally Posted by sunandoghosh

Hi Everybody,
Pls advise me as I am really having tough time.
I have got Laptop Dell Studio 1458 which came installed with Windows 7 64 bit edition.
Recently I formatted and installed Windows 7 32 bit OS of my own.
However I am unable to find Windows 7 32 bit edition compatible Drivers for Ethernet etc for my dell laptop.
Pls let me know how or from where can i download 32 bit windows 7 compatible dell drivers.
This is really urgent as I am unable to use ethernet ports on my computer.
Looking forward for guidance.
Pls advise. The below devices are not getting recognized its really urgent.

dell doesnt support 32 bit for that computer. why did you change from 64bit to 32?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/172796-dell-laptop-studio-1458-need-windows-7-drivers-32-bit.html
Relevancy 58.48%

ISSUE Windows - Studio 7 BSOD (64 - bit) Dell 116 BugCheck - 1558 BSOD BugCheck fffffa bcab fffff c ERROR Module load completed BSOD - Windows 7 (64 bit) - Dell Studio 1558 - BugCheck 116 but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag sys Probably caused by atikmpag sys atikmpag c Followup MachineOwner VIDEO TDR FAILURE Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed FAULTING IP atikmpag c fffff c ec sub rsp h DEFAULT BUCKET ID GRAPHICS DRIVER TDR FAULT BUGCHECK STR x I bought this machine in July and I have been having BSOD and Black screen issues ever since I have been on the phone with DELL times Two times they had me run a hardware test and the test always comes back with no issues I have attached a DUMP file as well as a mini dump file from a recent system crash BSOD When the machine goes Black and reboots I get a mini dump but no full dump file The Dell support folks are all over the map on this issue and have given me no satisfaction On e time they told me it was a virus and they would charge me to clean the machine I am running a good virus scanner and I am quite sure it is not a virus Another BSOD - Windows 7 (64 bit) - Dell Studio 1558 - BugCheck 116 time they told me to restore my machine to the original factory system but I am reluctant to do that since I have donwloaded a lot of software and customized the machine I also have purchased and religously used the Dell Data Safe Local Backup premium package The Dell support folks are clueless about the back up and restore of this package They have no idea what it will restore I have updated the BIOS and drivers ATI Driver file R exe Any help would be greatly appreciated The error I get is Quote BugCheck fffffa bcab fffff c ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag sys Probably caused by atikmpag sys atikmpag c Followup MachineOwner Quote STACK COMMAND bugcheck kb FOLLOWUP IP atikmpag c fffff c ec sub rsp h SYMBOL NAME atikmpag c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME atikmpag IMAGE NAME atikmpag sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP b a a FAILURE BUCKET ID X x IMAGE atikmpag sys BUCKET ID X x IMAGE atikmpag sys Followup MachineOwner

A:BSOD - Windows 7 (64 bit) - Dell Studio 1558 - BugCheck 116

Read this thread .. it applies specifically to the error you are getting...

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/122061-bsod-windows-7-64-bit-dell-studio-1558-bugcheck-116-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I want to return my Dell Studio 1555 back to windows 7 from windows 10. I did not make back up DVD's of my original Windows 7 and now can't access the Dell Factory Restore function (F8, ctr F11). I do see the Recovery E drive, therefore assuming it is still installed and functional. I guess is installing windows 10 removes the ability to boot into the recovery partition and restore my dell. Is there anyway to restore the recovery function of my Dell Studio 1555 so I can restore back to original windows 7. Thanks for any information on this topic.

A:Returning my Dell Studio 1555 back to windows 7!

What's the exact "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on that Dell Studio 1555 laptop?
That laptop has driver support only for Windows XP and Vista and 7.
It was not tested for Windows 10 and provides no drivers for it.

If you live in the U.S.A., the factory restore/system recovery disc kit for it should be available here.

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/returning-my-dell-studio-1555-back-to-windows-7.1163644/
Relevancy 58.48%

I just discovered that Dell has decided not to include my Studio XPS 8100 desktop for upgrades to Windows 10!  Why is this?  I have had Dell products for over 25 years and I have kept coming back because of my experience with Dell.  Unfortunately, this latest piece of news has just taken the wind out of my sails!  It appears that my only recourse is to by a new desktop!

A:Studio XPS 8100 = Why won't Dell support Windows 10 for this model?

The offer of a free upgrade from Win7/8.x to 10 comes from Microsoft, not DeLL.
Are you saying that DeLL has advised you that something in that system's hardware [software, or drivers] setup in not compatible with Win 10?   That's the only plausible explanation that comes to mind.
EDIT:   I believe some people have done so successfully... and hopefully one of them will reply here.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19667087
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Everyone I wonder if you could help me as i m now officially stumped I am trying to repair a Dell Studio - for a friend Specs Dell Studio - Dell Hangs at 'Starting 1737 Windows' Studio Windows Dual Core T GB Ram GB HD DVDRW WiFi VHP Windows vista was installed The problem was that windows would hang at the starting windows bit I was able to boot into safe Dell Studio 1737 Windows Hangs at 'Starting Windows' mode so I was hopeful that I could solve it I tried to restore to factory setting from the partition on the hard drive This would again hang at the same place I tried wiping the hard drive completely in the hopes that I could reinstall vista from a disc Again it hangs at starting windows So at this point the hard drive is not completely blank I tried it with a Windows disc as well Still hangs at the starting windows bit I ve tried without the battery Still hangs at the starting windows bit I ve tried with just one memory stick then with just the other one Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried with a different hard drive Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried the diagnostic tests available during start up This highlighted a problem with the DVD drive so I removed the drive Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried removing the CMOS battery amp replacing it after a minute Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried turning off all the options in the BIOS for USB WIFI etc everything that was possible to turn off I did in case that worked as I read a post that the BIOS settings could be causing the problems Still hangs at the starting windows bit I ve ran a number of tests from the Ultimate Boot disc on the hard drive amp memory Still hangs at the starting windows bit Reset BIOS settings Still hangs at the starting windows bit I am now at a loss and would appreciate any guidance as I REALLY want to fix this for my friend and don t wanna let it beat me Obviously if we find out what it is and it s super expensive then obviously we can t fix it but at least I d know that I tried my best I look forward to hearing any of your suggestions amp thanks in advance Thanks championless nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Everyone I wonder if you could help me as i'm now officially stumped I am trying to repair a Dell Studio - for a friend Specs Dell Studio - Dual Core T GB Ram GB HD DVDRW WiFi 1737 Dell Studio at 'Starting Hangs Windows' Windows VHP Windows vista was installed The problem was that windows would hang at the starting windows bit I was able to boot into safe mode so I was hopeful that I could solve it I tried to restore to factory setting from the partition on the hard drive This would again hang at the same place I tried wiping the hard drive completely in the hopes that I could reinstall vista from a disc Again it hangs at starting windows So at this point the hard drive Dell Studio 1737 Windows Hangs at 'Starting Windows' is not completely blank I tried it with a Windows disc as well Still hangs at the starting windows bit I ve tried without the battery Still hangs at the starting windows bit I ve tried with just one memory stick then with just the other one Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried with a different hard drive Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried the diagnostic tests available during start up This highlighted a problem with the DVD drive so I removed the drive Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried removing the CMOS battery amp replacing it after a minute Still hangs at the starting windows bit I tried turning off all the options in the BIOS for USB WIFI etc everything that was possible to turn off I did in case that worked as I read a post that the BIOS settings could be causing the problems Still hangs at the starting windows bit I ve ran a number of tests from the Ultimate Boot disc on the hard drive amp memory Still hangs at the starting windows bit Reset BIOS settings Still hangs at the starting windows bit I am now at a loss and would appreciate any guidance as I REALLY want to fix this for my friend and don t wanna let it beat me Obviously if we find out what it is and it s super expensive then obviously we can t fix it but at least I d know that I tried my best I look forward to hearing any of your suggestions amp thanks in advance I T Girl

A:Dell Studio 1737 Windows Hangs at 'Starting Windows'

Once in Safe mode click Start, Run, type msconfig and press Enter

Now select 'Diagnostic startup' on the General tab, Apply, Ok and then restart your machine and see if it hangs

Regards

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-studio-1737-windows-hangs-at-starting-windows-591934.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a Dell Studio 540s desktop purchased in 2008 which originally had Windows Vista, 32-bit OS factory installed.  I have since upgraded to Windows 7, 32-bit and when I recently attempted to update the BIOS after an error prompt, I found that Dell only provides updated drivers for Windows 7, 64-bit OS.  Is there any way of updating my BIOS, the last version being 2009?  

A:Dell Studio 540s desktop BIOS update for Windows 7, 32-bit OS.

From the Bios file page =

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19707695
Relevancy 58.05%

I've been having issue with booting up my Dell Studio 15. It will load past the Dell screen but will not progress past the Window XP screen. The bar will continue to scroll and eventually the laptop just shuts off on it's own. I am hoping this is just a software issue but when running a diagnostic on the laptop it has also been shutting down mid scan. This is the same case as when I try to run CHKDSK prompt while in Windows Recovery Console. I was able to locate my original XP CD that came with the laptop and need help walking through the process of restoring/repair XP.

A:Boot Issue with Windows XP Professional Edition on Dell Studio 15

Sound like either RAM problem or HDD problem...

To diagnose RAM - download and run "memtest86"

To diagnose HDD - download and run the HDD diagnose program (download it from the HDD maker site).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607911/boot-issue-with-windows-xp-professional-edition-on-dell-studio-15/
Relevancy 58.05%

About a week ago, my computer started freezing up. It won't unfreeze and task manager won't work and I can't soft restart it. I have to press and hold the power button to reboot. Then it works okay for maybe 2 to 4 hours, then locks up again. And then I have to do the same thing. 

I've run malwarebytes, it found a couple registry bugs, got rid of those. Rebooted, ran malwarebytes again, nothing found. Did a MS security essentials full scan and nothing was found. 

Is there any hope of fixing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

A:Dell Studio 17 Microsoft Office 2010/Windows 7 freezing up Please help!

I can't recommend a full fix to this, but I also run malware bytes. It doesn't get rid of all your registry errors. Try downloading Hitman Pro and use the free 30 day trial, it gets rid of all cookies as well as many many more registry errors that malwarebytes overlooks. Good luck!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524929/dell-studio-17-microsoft-office-2010windows-7-freezing-up-please-help/
Relevancy 58.05%

So today I was caching up on the Olympics through the BBC and my laptop turned itself off It does sometimes anyway through over heating and has always in the two years I have owned it Its a Dell Studio bit Vista Home Now when I reboot I receive this message Windows failed to Vista Dell Studio Start Windows 1555 Fail start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To ficlx the problem Insert your windows installation disk and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator other computer manufacturer Windows Vista Dell Studio 1555 Fail Start for assistance File Windows system drivers msisadrv system Status xc Info Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing or corrupt This has happened to me before because of updating itunes which I understand Could someone please tell me the reason this time I did not expect Iplayer to cause difficulties I never received any kids of disks for my laptop and I would appreciate if anyone knew of any was I could save all of my personal files if it needs to be wiped then if someone could suggest how that'd be awesome

A:Windows Vista Dell Studio 1555 Fail Start

Welcome

The reason that you are getting the warning is PROBABLY due to the fact that the shut down caused Hard Drive Damage. If it is not too serious we will be able to save your stuff and get you up and running again. If so you should make a hard drive test and an chhkdsk. We will show you how. First get your stuff. If the hard drive damage is bad you will not be able to load this:
Use Ubuntu Live CD to Backup Files from Your Dead Windows Computer - How-To Geek

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297256-windows-vista-dell-studio-1555-fail-start.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Juts dropped laptop this morning and now eror messages are showing ,is it ready for the bin now ?? please check my 4 images , thanks
Errors May 2014 Photos by kiltylyn | Photobucket

Relevancy 57.19%

Gents I have an issue with my beloved Dell Last week I started to experience some slowness when starting the machine but since it then worked fine I just didn't pay much attention to it MY FAULT But last Friday it Windows 1555 failng Premium 7 Home on x64 start DELL Studio to won't start at all well no after mins or so it'll eventually starts but then nothing Windows 7 Home Premium x64 failng to start on DELL Studio 1555 works fine I did a system check using built in Dell Diagnostic tools and found that there seems to be an issue with the HDD I bought an external HDD and backed up all my music docs confs and so on When it finished I used Sys Rescue CD http sysresccd org to check the partition on the HDD but everything but all I get was that everything seems to be fine So -and since the slot in DVD RW drive that the PC has works really bad with non-original music CDs DVDs- I bought an external USB Asus DVD RW Slim drive and yesterday tried to boot from there using the Recovery Disc I've made when buying the PC I had to make of them one of Windows and two for Dell Recovery Tools since they charged me almost to get those from Dell but it won't correctly initiate I got the windows background the one you have when you're asked for your password if you don't change it the mouse moves and all but it won't go any further It stays there for ever -the DVDs not spinning or anything- or at least for minutes Does anyone knows what may be happening I mean is it because I'm booting from USB Drive Thank you all Any help will be much appreciated Right now I'm OK using Ubuntu but since I have to process some pictures that's one of my jobs I have no LighRoom there

A:Windows 7 Home Premium x64 failng to start on DELL Studio 1555

Try to clean install W7.
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7
Burn the disc at the slowest possible speed using ImgBurn.
Try to use the internal disc drive. If not, then use a 4GB+ USB Drive to boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/265816-windows-7-home-premium-x64-failng-start-dell-studio-1555-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello and thanks in advance to those who read and help with my problem. I have a Dell Studio 1458 which I recently updated with a Crucial SSD and Windows 10 Home. I frequently (daily or more frequently) experience BSODs, often with the flag DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. It seems that the BSODs mostly happen when I allow the computer to go to sleep on its own, in accordance with the power and sleep policy in Windows 10. I also often notice that the computer will become extremely sluggish prior to a BSOD (but not always).

I've updated all of the drivers, using SlimDrivers as well as individually checking the driver status of key pieces of hardware (wireless card, video card, and SSD) and yet I still experience BSODs daily. I've attached the log and am hoping that someone can lead me in the right direction towards solving my issues.

Thanks again.

PC-Thu_04_14_2016_215938_32.zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47436-dell-studio-1458-updated-windows-10-home-crucial-ssd-bsods.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have been having serious trouble keeping my system stable over the last few months I had to format HDD and reinstall the OS a couple of on repeated Dell a 540 crash Home Studio 7 Desktop Windows troubles times and also restore it to factory settings another couple of times Today im unable to do any of those I have no support left from Dell on the page they used Windows 7 Home on a Dell Studio 540 Desktop repeated crash troubles to have for doing the restore to factory settings I read somewhere they had discontinued support last April The instructions on site to do a Dell Factory Image Recovery is no longer available either Today i tried to follow the advice on how to do both and I get NO FACTORY RESTORE OPTION The WIN SETUP does not load and i get this error message gt gt Status xc e Info An unexpected I O error has occurred and in Windows Boot Manager im given no options either and there the error code is Status xc f Info the boot selection failed cause a required device is inaccessible This is driving me insane i have tried to boot with the Re-installation CD that came with the PC nothing doing I tried to reboot with the quot recovery disks quot that i made at the beginning prompted by Dell which supposedly would haelp me boot in cases like this Nothing happens Tried the resource CD Made an image recovery which says it has been done and saved on external drives i have but cannot or dont know how to use it for booting and or re-installation purposes I also made a back up copy of the whole HD hard drives seem to be healthy according to what Windows itself tells me Either my ignorance is deeper of what I thought or Windows Home -bit on my PC is really screwed or a combination of both Could anyone with experience walk me through this maze with simple steps that maybe could work Additionally which is the simplest and most proven way to come back from a windows crash If back up is not helping me under the circumstances im lost for words as to how to cover my PC my future OS crashes I would now appreciate any help i could get from generous persons willling to help Im not too savvy with computers as im a pensioner who saw his first computer at age Note PC is months old and out of factory warranty Note it does start in safe mode I am using it to write this Thank you kindly

A:Windows 7 Home on a Dell Studio 540 Desktop repeated crash troubles

Is this the instructions for the Dell Factory Image Recovery: Dell Factory Image Recovery

Quote:
which is the simplest and most proven way to come back from a windows crash?

When you get your system stable and running good use a backup image program, there are free versions that work really well.
Keep the backup file on an external HD and restoring is easy.
Macrium Reflect

If you have a Seagate or Western Digital hard drive you can get a free version of Acronis, a very good image backup program, usually not free. You must have the hard drive in your system for these to work.
Not sure what hard drive you have?
D/L the free SIW - System Information for Windows, it will tell you just about everything in your computer.

Seagate DiscWizard
Acronis True Image Western Digital Edition Software

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/165190-windows-7-home-dell-studio-540-desktop-repeated-crash-troubles.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey my dad bought me a Dell Studio XPS 8100 with windows 7 and when ever I login the screen gets all glitchy and stuff jumps around and idk how to fix it....Does anyone else have this problem? And if so can anyone fix it? Also, I don't know if this has anything to do with this or not but when i first started the computer it had two .exe files crash while installing windows. The .exes were called sprtstart64.exe and i cant remeber the last one completely but it also ended with start64.exe and I've already tried updateing the video driver, changing to a different monitor, and using the system recovery disk and nothing has worked so far so if anyone can fix this please help.

A:Glitchy screen on Windows 7 Dell studio XPS 8100 (desktop computer)

Did you update the drivers using those from Dell, or another site?

Which Windows 7? 32 or 64 bit?
RIGHT click "computer".
left click "properties".

Is the computer new or pre owned / used / refurbished?

Did the problem begin right out of the box?

Have you contacted Dell? This system might be under warranty.

What happens if you boot directly to safe mode?

Edit:
Is this your system?
http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/desktops/studio-xps-8100/pd.aspx?refid=studio-xps-8100&cs=19&s=dhs

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/glitchy-screen-on-windows-7-dell-studio-xps-8100-desktop-computer.936046/
Relevancy 57.19%

Well yesterday I was mindlessly updating my itunes just the normal 32bit Studio Vista Dell Windows Start Failed To 1555 moving remaining song etc when my laptop shut off unexpectedly This Windows Vista 32bit Dell Studio 1555 Failed To Start has happened before over the last two years due to over heating Windows Vista 32bit Dell Studio 1555 Failed To Start and it was very very hot at the time Now when it's witched back on I receive this message Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix Windows Vista 32bit Dell Studio 1555 Failed To Start the problem Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click 'next' Click 'repair your computer' File Windows System drivers volsnap sys Status xc Info Windows failed to load because critical system driver is missing or corrupt So There's been no changes to my system in months-it's been working amazingly and I never received any kind of disk with the laptop when I bought it-not sure where to get those then I'm not overly up on the idea of paying for something I was supposed to be given when I paid for the laptop so alternatives would be appreciated I've tried quite a few methods already f which doesn't give me a repair option other f keys which seem to just lead back to the same screen even had a go at creating a vista recovery disk which hasn't seemed to work unless I'm doing it wrong So yeah any help would be appreciated I can't seem to find answers anywhere

A:Windows Vista 32bit Dell Studio 1555 Failed To Start

Welcome
I may have a solution. You will lose your stuff, however. If you have stuff to save post and I will tell you how. If you just want the computer fixed, give this a try:
Ctrl + F11 or F8 - Access Dell computers Dell System Restore (DSR) partition on many different models.
If it works, you are restored to the way the computer was the day that you purchased it. You have to reinstall your programs, updates, SPs etc.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/296655-windows-vista-32bit-dell-studio-1555-failed-start.html
Relevancy 57.19%

So yesterday I was busily doing some work and watching something on ITV Player when shock crashed along with Microsoft Office From nowhere it started continuously beeping at me It was rather high pitched and didn't sound as though it were coming from the speakers I flipped it over and had a listen and it sounded as though it were coming from inside I switched it off and back on again but the beeping simply started up again Continuously beeping for maybe two minutes of so frozen on the Dell start up logo unable to enter either boot menu However after about five mins i received the message Operating system not found i tried inserting my windows disk to do a clean install but no drivers were found I shut it down and unscrewed the back turned it on and had a listen It sounded as though the hard drive was beeping but i Windows Studio Home Sudden Dell 7 Beeping Premium 1555 didn't think it even had a speaker so Im assuming whatever is beeping is because of the hard drive I took it out and reported the laptop same results as before but without any beeping at all and a much faster boot time So my question is what is wrong and what can i do about it Thanks for all the help this laptop is only years old and really i don't want to be getting a new one soon Thank you

A:Dell Studio 1555 Windows 7 Home Premium Sudden Beeping

That beep is coming from a 'diagnostic beeper" on the motherboard. Dell has beep codes that will help isolate what the failure was.

If you can post what the beep code is, for example 7 beeps or three beeps and then four beeps, etc maybe we can help. Or post the beep code on the Dell Community users forum, Laptop section. Laptop - Dell Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259548-dell-studio-1555-windows-7-home-premium-sudden-beeping.html
Relevancy 57.19%

SYSTEM INFORMATION OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc K J - Studio VERY runs 1909 One Windows very - slow Vista suddenly Dell A CN L S Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled PROBLEM I recently went on vacation While I was Dell Studio One 1909 - Windows Vista - very suddenly runs VERY slow gone for a month my computer wasn t used at all In fact it was unplugged etc When I left my system was running perfectly Pages loaded quickly downloads were lightning fast Since I ve been back however my computer suddenly runs VERY slowly At times it is painfully slow - Pages take minutes to load or time out - Simple tasks like looking at photos on facebook are essentially impossible given the ridiculously slow speed - I have been completely unable to download anything at all The downloads don t even get to with hour passing I ll try to get a HiJackThis log to post here as well but at present I m unable to get it to load in Vista Any help that anyone could provide would be great I ll try amp reboot now amp get that HiJackThis log to post as well nbsp

A:Dell Studio One 1909 - Windows Vista - very suddenly runs VERY slow

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-one-1909-windows-vista-very-suddenly-runs-very-slow.1015555/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello Everyone!

Can someone help me out with the driver for the USB? All the USB controllers are okay under the Device Manger but the OS ain't detecting any of my USB's. Kindly help.

Many thanks!

Georgy

A:USB driver required for Dell Studio 1558 - Windows 7 Home Premium

The ONLY device drivers for USB is the default Windows USB driver.

There is some other problem. What is not being detected? If you connect a device, such as a USB flash drive, it has to be disconnected with the "Safely Remove Hardware" function FIRST. If its just unplugged there is a very good chance when its connected the next time Windows Will not detect it. In these cases, connect whatever device is not being recognized, then go to the Device Manager and display the USB section. Usually there will be an "unknown" device listed and that will be the device that is not being detected. If this is the case, RIGHT click on the entry for the unknown device and then LEFT click "Uninstall". Physically disconnect the device, restart the PC and after Windows has started, connect the device and Windows should detect it as "new hardware" and reinstall it (and it will work).

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/331122-usb-driver-required-dell-studio-1558-windows-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

I just installed Windows 7 x64 on my Dell Studio 1535 laptop, and it says that I am missing a base system device driver. Here are the details:

Hardware ID:
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_02541028&REV_12
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_02541028
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&CC_0880

Compatible ID:
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&REV_12
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592
PCI\VEN_1180&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1180&CC_0880
PCI\VEN_1180
PCI\CC_088000
PCI\CC_0880

Any idea what this could be?

A:Dell Studio 1535 missing driver in Windows 7 x64 (Base System Device)

It's your Ricoh Card Reader R5C833. (<== click on it to download)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1535-missing-driver-in-windows-7-x64-base-system-device.136887/
Relevancy 56.76%

Computer would not boot first thing this morning. Was fine last night. When I run start-up repair, it finally brings me to a screen that says this computer is configured to require a password in order to start up. Please enter a startup password. I have never had a start up password and cannot get anything to happen past this. I have malware bytes and Microsoft security essentials running up to date. Please advise.

A:Dell studio desktop running windows vista service pack 2 won't boot

What happens if you press Enter when you are asked for the password?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513919/dell-studio-desktop-running-windows-vista-service-pack-2-wont-boot/
Relevancy 56.33%

whenever i switch on my dell studio 1737 laptop it wont go past the dell logo stage.
any help out there on how to fix the problem?
at the moment i am running a diagnostics test and seems like most devices are passing the test.
Michael

A:dell studio 1737 laptop wont boot past dell logo

It could be any number of things but my first 2 guesses are possibly the hard drive or motherboard.you might want to take it somewhere so that you will get a correct diagnosis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-1737-laptop-wont-boot-past-dell-logo.1107624/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am having serious issues with a laptop I ve recently acquired Studio Windows SERIOUS Plays Doesn't Invisibly Dell Has Work. 1558 IE Repair Problems. I Dell Studio 1558 Has SERIOUS Problems. Windows Repair Doesn't Work. IE Plays Invisibly cannot get the Start Up Repair to work at all It either goes back to the selection option for quot Repair Your PC quot or quot Start Windows Normally quot or loads straight into Windows after being selected and Internet Explorer and annoying ads run invisibly in the background Dell Studio 1558 Has SERIOUS Problems. Windows Repair Doesn't Work. IE Plays Invisibly I have a HJT log available Would LOVE to get some help sorting this thing out as it s a pretty good system just seems Loaded down with viruses and SAS MBAM and Avira say there s nothing there Here is the HJT logfile Any help would be GREATLY Dell Studio 1558 Has SERIOUS Problems. Windows Repair Doesn't Work. IE Plays Invisibly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO FCTBPos Pos - F D -D E -F B - E-F A F - C Program Files x SocialRibbons LP Toolbar dll O - BHO Canon Easy-WebPrint EX BHO - D AD-BFFF- F -BF B-A C FED - C Program Files x Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexbho dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO DCA - B FC- - -A CB-C A A A EEC - C Program Files x Common Files FreeCause DCA dca-bho dll O - BHO FCTBPos Pos - BFE B CB- F - A - - D B F - C Program Files x Dogpile Bundle Toolbar Toolbar dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar Canon Easy-WebPrint EX - D - C F- -BAB - A F C C F - C Program Files x Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexhlp dll O - Toolbar Dogpile Bundle Toolbar - C BDEB - - C -BD -A CCD A - C Program Files x Dogpile Bundle Toolbar Toolbar dll O - HKLM Run SSDMonitor C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM RunOnce Launcher C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components scheduler Launcher exe O - DEFAULT User Startup Dell Dock First Run lnk C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe User Default user O - Extra button Blog This - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dll O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Blog This in Windows Live Writer - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dll O - Options group ACCELERATED GRAPHICS Accelerated graphics O - DPF E F FC-BD - CBA-B A- AF D SysInfo Class - http content system... Read more

A:Dell Studio 1558 Has SERIOUS Problems. Windows Repair Doesn't Work. IE Plays Invisibly

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===HijackThis is not able to provide accurate information for 64 bit systems.In your case we need to see a DDS Log.I would remove HijackThis using the Add/Remove Programs list.Please download and run this DDS Scanning Tool. Nothing will be deleted. It will just give me some additional information about your system.Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDDS.COMDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run.Please just paste the contents of the DDS.txt log in your next post. DO NOT attach the log.===Third party programs if not up to date can be an open door for an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please post the logs for my review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456622/dell-studio-1558-has-serious-problems-windows-repair-doesnt-work-ie-plays-invisibly/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hy, i have a problem with windows 8.1 restarting. After Dell logo the laptop show this message :"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.We're just collecting some error info,and then we'll restart for you." ....and is just keep restarting.This probelm come after i made new partition.Sorry if I repost

A:Windows 8.1 on a Dell 15 5545 restarting problem

What "new partition"? What exactly did you do, how, and why? What is the FULL message on the error screen? What model PC?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19657503
Relevancy 55.9%

If you are also running an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 processor and Intel G45/G43 Chipset I sure could use a copy of your driver for the SM Bus Controller.

Thanks

A:Anybody running 64-bit dell studio 540 with dell motherboard 0m017g a00 ?

Thanks Sticky for posting the latest Intel update.
This solved my problem. Also had to update and install latest Java before any of this worked.
Side note: Intel installed 16 driver updates. Doing a complete software re-install is not that much fun.

Nogee

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300815-anybody-running-64-bit-dell-studio-540-dell-motherboard-0m017g-a00.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I have a Dell Optiplex which is only about years old that has given me and my IT guys at work fits I finally had to get a new work computer and ende up bringing the Optiplex home The Optiplex routinely shuts down and tries to restart right as Windows is loading At work it would occasionally load Windows and be fine for a few days to a few weeks but would then shut down and start the endless cycle of failed restarts Dell sent me a new power source and new motherboard and I also installed a new hard drive as well None of these things fixed the problem My IT guys wiped it all clean and said to take it home and see if someone might be and down shutting restarting Optiplex at Dell Windows Startup keeps able to diagnose and repair it Since I ve brought it home I have been unable to get past the Windows loading screen before it shuts off and restarts It has a new clean version of Windows XP Professional Please let me know if you have any thoughts Thanks Jake Jake nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

My dell inspiron 1510 with windows 10 is constantly restarting and asking for pressing f1 j2 keys and onpressing f1 key it keeps restarting and on dell logo press f2 and f12 options . Kindlyhelp . On running dell diagnostics at the end blue screen with message on the left bottom a message is there Running MATS Test and below that Pure Call is written . What to do?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987899
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello Guys,
few weeks ago my system faced an issue, and while trying to deal with it i corrupted my windows and had to reset my system, that means back to Windows 8 from 8.1, then i didnt updated to 8.1, and installed  vs 2013 and sql server management
studio 2014, everything was working fine, then 8.1 happened, i mean 8 was updated to 8.1, and after that when ever i try to make new project in vs 2013, it tells me "failed to create image source from text ...\Images\Medium.png",,, and when i try
to connect to database in sql server it gives me error "ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Initialization of 'System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapImage' threw an exception. (mscorlib)

------------------------------

Method not found: 'Void System.Diagnostics.Tracing.FrameworkEventSource.BeginGetResponse(System.Object, System.String)'. (System)
", 
.. i dont want to reset my pc again, kindly help
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/17df1082-d236-46a8-842b-f27546a53c5c/visual-studio-and-sql-management-studio-not-working-after-windows-update?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 52.03%

My problem is that I am trying to restore a friend's Dell Studio laptop back to its factory settings I follow Dell 1555 Studio to option Image Dell Factory settings,no factory the procedure mentioned on Dell's website however there is no Dell Factory Dell Studio 1555 to factory settings,no Dell Factory Image option Image Restore option I Dell Studio 1555 to factory settings,no Dell Factory Image option have checked the laptop's Disk Management and there is a Recovery partition in fact there are partitions A MB OEM partition with no letter assigned C Simple Basic NTFS with Status Healthy Boot Page File Crash Dump Primary Partition GB Recovery Simple Basic NTFS with Status Healthy System Active Primary Partition GB In short when the computer starts I hit F I enter the Advanced Boot Options and select Repair Your Computer I then select the language and login with the administrative account however there is no Dell Factory Image Restore option there My options are shown the image below Another issue that concerns me is that on the picture above it says Windows on D Local Disk however there is no such partition on the laptop's disk I would be thankful if anyone could give some advise on how to restore the laptop to its factory settings using the recovery partition Thank you

A:Dell Studio 1555 to factory settings,no Dell Factory Image option

On a Dell, if some other OS was installed, the Dell "PC Restore" (Recovery Partition) is no longer valid (corrupted) and the only way to reinstall is with a Windows OS installation disc and then download whatever device drivers you need from the Dell downloads.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/317093-dell-studio-1555-factory-settings-no-dell-factory-image-option.html
Relevancy 51.17%

when i turn my computer on. it goes to a black screen that says "windows error recovery"
"launch start up repair" which is highlighted. it counts down and then automaticly
starts.

then the message is "windows cannot repair this automaticly"
then i am given the option to send info to microsoft
it doesn't seem to matter if i send or not. the start up repair menu remains
asking "if you have reciently attached an exterrnal device, mp3, camera ect.. contact admin if you keep seeing this message."
"click finish to shut down your comp."
2 options are at bottom of menu top one says "view diognostic details
the bottom one says "view advanced options for recovery and support"
clicking on either seems to just result in a frozen screen and the compter never boots up.

A:my dell studio

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398566/my-dell-studio/
Relevancy 51.17%

My computer over heats (frequently shuts itself down telling me it detected it was over heating and it always feels HOT when you type) and it crashes (I return to my computer after a break to find it telling me it is recovering data after a crash) on a regular basis, won't run the Firefox browser properly, often runs slow

Can it be fixed or should I dump it and get a new laptop?,

No geek here

BoomerMary

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Guys Just wondered if anyone can give me a heads up on sound cards for the Dell Basically my computer is struggling atm running FL Studio so i was debating getting another here s a listing i found on eBay which seems to meet all the spec item number The main thing i need to know is about the sound card On FL Studio requirements it states - Sound card with directsound drivers compatible with ASIO ASIO for recording Here s a link of what i need if any body fancys looking https support image-line com knowledgebase base php ans I have seen i think sound cards HELP! FL Studio 12 Dell - 760 for the DELL but want to be sure Dell 760 - FL Studio 12 HELP! that they will fit if i do require to add an additional to the basic one installed So the route of my question is will this be ok to run the software on its installed sound card and if i do require a additional sound card for output for example the sound Blaster Z would this fit or be adpatable Would be great if you could help me THANKYOU nbsp

A:Dell 760 - FL Studio 12 HELP!

Additional.

At the moment i will not be using this to plug in mic's or instruments, only for basic EDM production and output speakers...
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-760-fl-studio-12-help.1164928/
Relevancy 51.17%

My sell studio one 1909 when I plug it in only the eject DVDs lights up for about 5 seconds and then it will not turn on... Thanks

A:Dell studio 1

Do you hear any beeps coming from it at all? If so, can you describe them, e.g. one short, two short, one short and three long, etc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-1.1161336/
Relevancy 50.74%

Good Day Folks Long time lurker first time poster This is a great forum and the advice is greatly appreciated I have a Dell Studio laptop I ve had it for a little over year now and I mainly use it for web browsing work and email Recently I noticed that my fan was running a little faster than normal I didn t think about it too much Even more recently I have been playing Dragon Age Origins on my computer and have noticed it getting quite hot to the touch on the keypad At one point it shut itself off At this point I downloaded RealTemp and discovered that my computer was running at about C while idol Not good I researched quite a bit and decided to open up the back panel and use compressed air to clean out the fan I also opened the heatsink and cleaned it out I then noticed the rubber-like compound under the sink had somewhat melted so I bought some new thermal paste and applied it back to the sink Although my temperature dropped I m still running at about C My fan works very well it runs 15 Overheating Studio Dell fairly high at all times and screams at others so I don t think that s the issue All heatsink points are covered with the stock padding or the thermal grease I also downloaded Everest and it gave me similar temperature readings Does anyone know why this has started to happen Specs Window Vista Home Premium Build Dell Studio Bios Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version A Processor Intel R Core Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB Dell Studio 15 Overheating RAM Display ATI Mobility Radeon HD Chip Type ATI Radeon Graphics Processor x C DAC Type Internal DAC MHz Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Dell Studio 15 Overheating

What kind of thermal paste did you use?

Did you clean both surfaces with Isopropyl alcohol before using paste and reassembly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-15-overheating.878740/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Dell Studio 1735, which was sold with an optional Blu-Ray that I did NOT buy. I am now wanting to buy one but Dell says they do not have anything for my Laptop.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the Studio 1735 it has a Slim Slot Loaded Drive Sata Optical Drive.

Does anyone know where I can buy one?

Dell Studio 1735
Windows 7 64-bit
Core 2 Duo 2.63GHz
6GB DDR2 RAM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-notebook-blu-ray.871155/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

Is there anyway to speed up the fan on this system? I've only had it for a couple of months, but I've been using it a lot, and have noticed it getting warmer.

Thanks.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, Can anyone help with this please. I recently bought a studio 1735 laptop, It has soft touch media keys that light when you push them, problem is, I cant see them. They are in a black panel and are hard to see in daylight, no chance at night. Is there any way to switch the lights on all the time.
Thanks for any help

A:Dell studio lights help

Please freely "chat" with Dell here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html
I really don't know this one

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-lights-help.116581/
Relevancy 50.74%

Had to reinstall Windows Vista OS and of course lost everything. Reloaded the Drivers and utilities CD. Now cannot connect to my home network. ?This computer does not have a network adapter installed and configured?. Went to device manager and under the ?other devices? tab, everything under it has the yellow exclamation marks. Also the display is not right. Under the ?display adapters? tab the ?Standard VGA Graphics Adapter? also has the yellow exclamation mark. I have disabled and enabled all of them to no avail. Also checked the services and they seem to be started. Not sure exactly which ones should be started but all the ones about networking are running. Home network is working because I have other devices running from it just fine. I?m a little overwhelmed at this point. Also trying to sift through the archives at the same time. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Problem with Dell Studio 17

Hello, I would work on installing updates needed to get your OS up to date first , then I would work on latest drivers from Computer manufacture site with a combo of motherboard driver updates and graphics as well as audio drivers.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/294925-problem-dell-studio-17-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My Dell Studio 1537 Just stopped booting to OS. I turn it on it goes to the dell logo then to choose an option Eg. Test Memory Test System Exit. I can't even get into safe mode. I went to test system and it goes to main menu Service tag 5SLGZIS With tags Express Test Extended Test Custom Test Symptom Tree. I went to system tree and selected Cannot boot OS and pressed run tests it comes up with error code 0F00.075D Msg_0-self-test Read error. I can't believe this has happened because my 2 TB hard Ext hard drive just crashed now my laptop has done the same can someone please help me.

A:Dell Studio won't boot to os

It sounds like the hard drive has failed. Doing a Google search for the error code all say the hard drive has died.

BTW, you should edit your post and remove the service tag number. Dell considers this personal data (and is forbidden on the Dell users forum).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310065-dell-studio-wont-boot-os.html
Relevancy 50.74%

please tell me the best calibration for my dell studio xps 16 using ati's ccc advanced mode
(Colors are oversaturated on my Windows 7 Dell laptop XPS Studio 1640 - Microsoft Answers) (the 5th post from the last)
i am a photographer and would like to get a good calibraion for my screen without using any hardware calibrators.

A:need help with calibrating dell studio xps

Hello ambroochizafer,
I am having a hard time finding any hardware specifications for that computer, The manufacture site does not show it in their products list.
Can you get your hardware specifications for me please and post them for us to have a look at ?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/293039-need-help-calibrating-dell-studio-xps.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello SF!

Yesterday, i installed Windows 7 Home Premium on my sister's Dell Studio 1735, but there aren't W7 drivers for this model (Only Vista 32/64) and there are 2 devices i cant install cause WU can't find their drivers (Unknown Devices), i DO have the Recovery and OEM Partitions, to revert it to Win Vista, thing is i don't want to.. Win Vista STINKS!

So, there's any chance for me to actually install those 2 drivers? or should i revert it to Win Vista??

Thanks in advanced!

A:Dell Studio 1735

What devices are they? Look on the manufacturer's site for drivers. If you can't find any for 7, download the Vista ones. If they won't install, run them in compatibility mode for Vista.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/81088-dell-studio-1735-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Ok basically My issue is replacing the Screen because it no longer works

iv done the whole plugging in another monitor yoke and no dice and i sent it to see what the techs thought and they say i need a new screen ..but it costs TOO much to get it done by them so i thought since iv taken apart and reassambled many Desktops i should give a laptop a shot

my question is .. is this the link to replace the Screen because if it aint i cant seem to find a guide besides on youtube

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/sxl13/en/sm/display.htm#wp1217088

Relevancy 50.74%

Hey everyone Dell is having Dell 16 XPS Studio on Views a pretty nice sale on this laptop for the next hours off I have been looking at buying a new laptop for some time and am looking pretty heavily at this one The reviews I have read are really good Excellent performance durability not too loud etc The biggest complaints I have read are the size weight and heat I dont plan on traveling the world mostly just something for my wife for use at home and the occasional road trip I d imagine a little bulk isnt bad with all the hardware in it Is the heat a problem I could see this being used in the car but mostly at home maybe a pillow between the lap and the computer Also Views on Dell Studio XPS 16 the screen come with options the default is FHD Widescreen inch WLED LCD x The other option is FullHD Widescreen inch RGBLED LCD x This upgrade is also on sale instead of Views on Dell Studio XPS 16 but is it really worth it My knowledge on LCD s is really lacking The use of the computer will be for internet and movies and some games WoW Modern Warfare spore Sims I m aiming for a little overkill on performance so that I wont have to worry about upgrades or replacement for a while Window Home premium bit Intel Core duo P GB ddr Radeon HD - GB GB rpm SATA Input comments suggestions all are welcome Thanks nbsp

A:Views on Dell Studio XPS 16

Hi mate,

The heat on a laptop is important but it depends for what purposes. As for you for little gaming, movies and internet in other words home use the heat won't be a big problem as the laptop will not on continuous running for long hours thus heat won't be a great problem.

Now for the Screen both are good and will satisfied you now choose the better price for you as both have good resolution and both are LED LCD meaning less power/battery consumption and less heat due LED LCD are not too much hungry as normal LCD screens.

Hope it helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/views-on-dell-studio-xps-16.141262/
Relevancy 50.74%

Well i have some problem with resolution... my graphic card is ati mobility radeon hd 3450 and then i playing like an example america's army 3 i have (800x600) not full screen and black collor as it was written at one oll thread.
plz help me
btw i downloaded new drivers for video card, but the results are same ....

A:Dell studio 1535

Quote: Originally Posted by infernOO

Well i have some problem with resolution... my graphic card is ati mobility radeon hd 3450 and then i playing like an example america's army 3 i have (800x600) not full screen and black collor as it was written at one oll thread.
plz help me
btw i downloaded new drivers for video card, but the results are same ....

inferno

Where did you get the driver? what version is it? is it 32 bit or 64? how much ram? Could you tell us more abt what you did to try and change the resolution?

Waiting on info

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/18497-dell-studio-1535-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I know this is old but I don't care. I have a 6 year old dell studio 540 and it wont turn on I had up graded to windows 7 the next morning it wouldn't turn on I unplugged it plugged it back in and did fine and after that day it was getting worse and now it will not turn on. Could anyone help?

A:Dell studio 540 will not turn on

Freddy Fusebear
I know this is old but I don't care. I have a 6 year old dell studio 540 and it wont turn on I had up graded to windows 7 the next morning it wouldn't turn on I unplugged it plugged it back in and did fine and after that day it was getting worse and now it will not turn on. Could anyone help?
 Freddy Fusebear
 Check the reading of the power button LED, is it Steady White, Blinking White, Steady Amber, Blinking Amber?
Are there any 'Beep's, if there are, please post the exact sequence of them?Does the power supply fan run?
The Studio 540 Troubleshooter is Here:
http://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_studio_desktop/studio-desktop_Setup%20Guide_en-us.pdf
Bev.        

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19661005
Relevancy 50.74%

Ok I have this Dell Studio XPS 435MT here is a link to show you
http://www.boilr.net/2009/02/13/review-dell-studio-xps-435mt-gets-the-job-done/comment-page-1/
and
http://www.desktopreview.com/default.asp?newsID=537
I want to upgrade the Dell Studio XPS 435MT.
I want to upgrade the case and memory and graphics card and power supply but the problem is how do i do this and is this possible?
Also can I install this : 24GB kit (8GBx3), 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-8500 memory module
and a 800 watt power supply and ATI Radeon HD 5870 and this ARMORSUIT
http://www.lian-li.com/v2/tw/microsite1/
is this possible??????????????????
can some one help me?

Relevancy 50.74%

Apparently Dell XPS have more than lives because I have gone through a complete replacement system hard drives motherboards a fan or two etc etc So the story is I bought an XPS in summer of went through about or hard drives and a motherboard and other replacements I simply can t remember because I ve gone through so many service requests Eventually pops did some serious quot complaining quot and got Dell to replace it with a brand new XPS Since then I ve gone through two motherboards a fan and around - hard drives Luckily I got a year Dell 1645 Studio HELP!!! XPS parts warranty so I m just losing my time and personal files Other than that Dell can fork out the money as much as they want I consider myself a decent computer user I can build a desktop from scratch I know all the parts etc but obviously I don t know enough to know what s going on here I most recently had a motherboard and fan replacement I don t visit dangerous sites I use a pad with a cooling fan have anti-virus malware and spyware protection programs Basically I don t know what more to do After getting the computer back the fan is running constantly and that is always a bad sign to me I can literally tell when its gunna go because response time slows down and everything in the computer slows down Thus I m feelin another hard drive crash again here soon So do I just have the midas touch-of-death with computers or is there something I can do Sorry for the novel but I felt it was necessary to show my disgust with dell and my dire need for answers Dell Studio XPS Windows Ultimate Intel Core i Ghz st gen x Toshiba Gb SATA ATI Mobility Radeon HD graphics card nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Dell Studio XPS 435 running Windows 7.  It has several USB 2.0 ports.  Is there any way to set this up so that I can operate at least one USB 3.0 ports?  (If I need to add a card, please let me know).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19911697
Relevancy 50.74%

My computer has been very odd for the last several months I've gotten lots of serious viruses and have reinstalled Windows countless times After getting everything reinstalled again onSaturday night I went to bed leaving the computer on over night to recieve updates and render some video stuff I was working on Unfortunately when I turned the computer screen back on I saw just a huge glob of random distorted pixels everywhere with weird patterns and such When I did some research I found problems Dell XPS Studio it was my graphics card that had crashed and I then started the pc Dell Studio XPS problems back up as normal yet it got stuck at the Windows flag with starting windows I had a extra failsafe partition with no OS on it and I proceeded to put the installation disk in and boot it up Unfortunately the Windows disc wouldn't even boot up I then ran a diagnostics test that gave me error code - which usually means a failing hard drive when running the DST short test I know for the hard drive is fine and has nothing wrong with it so I'm not sure what the problem is I think it is some underlying virus but who knows what exactly it is I'm currently running of the partion magic Dell Studio XPS problems linux included on HBCD to go here I'm so confused about what the problems are i'm frustrated and I really need to get this computer back up to full health ASAP for work

A:Dell Studio XPS problems

Look like there is something wrong with the motherboard, video card or hard drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493088/dell-studio-xps-problems/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hard Drive: 320 GB
Memory: 4 GB
How old: 8-9 months

[EDIT]Model: Dell Studio 1558

*Intel Core i3 Processor
*Windows 7 Home

Problem:

On Christmas night, I did as I usually did - turned off my Dell PC by holding the power button until it all turns black and went to sleep with the charger still plugged in AS USUAL.

Then the morning of December 26, my PC did NOT turn on - and guessing it "broke" with no apparent warning. I took out the charger, waited a couple hours, and plugged my charger back in, hoping there was a power-outage Christmas night. The charger light turned white, indicating charge was being put in, and then it turned off, indicating charge was finished - and my pc still DID NOT turn on!

I also have Mcafee Virus Remover, which automatically scans my pc and destroys viruses each and every day.

What the hell is the problem here!?

A:Dell Studio PC won't turn on

"I also have Mcafee Virus Remover, which automatically scans my pc and destroys viruses each and every day"...
In the real world this NEVER happens, it is only a wish. Who taught you to hold the power button to shut down Windows? You could have corrupted the hard drive. Have you ever used a mouse to select the Start button and shutting down the notebook that way? The motherboard could be toast too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-pc-wont-turn-on.158759/
Relevancy 50.74%

Just after the October 22 release date, Dell posted some new graphics and other drivers for Windows 7. How can I tell whether they are needed, or should I assume that Windows Update takes care of making sure the latest drives are installed?

A:Drivers for Dell Studio

I like to work under the thinkg that if it isn't broken don't fix it. But if Dell has released specific 7 drivers for your system.You can check what driver is installed simply by going to device manager and clicking on that device and checking the driver detail tab. If your unhappy with the graphics prefromance now then I would probably install their new driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/35686-drivers-dell-studio.html
Relevancy 50.74%

The USB ports on my dell studio xps 8000 keep dying. the light on the mouse stops working, unplug it and plugging it back in usually fixes it. there's also the sound its makes when you unplug from usb then plug in. sometimes I only get the sound which freezes the cursor then it working again. other time mouse is completely dead (no light) passes dell full tests says nothing wrong

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19984595
Relevancy 50.74%

k i have a dell studio 17 which has been crashing for awhile and gives me the b.s.o.d which sayys bugcode_usb_driver. i took it to a tech who scanned my dump files and say's it was my intro turbo tech so she disabled it but it stills crashes.

A:dell studio crash

Hello Eric1555, welcome to SF!

You have too many dumps to check... so for now I only did the last one and it is somewhat clear on a possible reason for you problems.

You are connecting a USB device that is causing problems (either the device, its drivers or the corresponding usb drivers.)
I suspect Creative Camera Class Upper Filter Driver....

You?ve got error messages on multiple USB drivers related to it. Please, as a test, disconnect, de-install the corresponding camera software and, if connected through a usb hub, disconnect that too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/182672-dell-studio-crash.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Just got a new laptop, need help with some drivers...

Drivers & Downloads

Tried downloading from there but wasn't sure of which ones were needed and which were just bloatware..some of them that I know I need weren't installing for whatever reason...anyways here's a screen cap!

A:Dell Studio XPS 16 Driver Help :)

I wouldn't worry about those if I were you. In my opinion, if a) the system runs, and b) you are not missing any features you need, there is no need to mess around with those drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/82916-dell-studio-xps-16-driver-help.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I need a new PSU for my desktop since the one that i currently have is only 350 watts and it makes really annoying fan noise.
You think this is a good deal and will it fit my computer?
500W Power Supply fo Dell Studio XPS 8000/8100 K159T PC | eBay
If you guys have any other suggestions feel free.
And sorry if this isn't in the right topic.
Thanks

A:Will this PSU fit my Dell Studio XPS 8100?

It may "fit", but that doesn't mean anything.

At one time, most Dells used a proprietary wiring setup on their power supplies. For those PCs, you could NOT simply change to an industry-standard ATX power supply.

Dell has largely moved away from that practice, but a Google search implies that some Dells (possibly including the XPS 8100) still use proprietary wiring on PSUs. I couldn't quickly find definitive information.

So you may still need a "special" PSU for that PC and that may be what the Ebay dealer is selling.

But even then I wouldn't buy the PSU you linked. It's a no-name brand and you have no way of evaluating it nor do you know anything about its noise level (which I guess is one of your complaints).

I would:

1: Google to try to find definitive info on whether or not you need a "special" PSU for your PC.
2: If you do, I would then buy a standard ATX PSU along with a connection adapter designed to allow use of a standard ATX PSU in this particular Dell. The adapters are widely available for about $15. Endpcnoise.com is one source for the adapter--among others.

I'd get a Seasonic or Corsair PSU that are known to have low noise levels. You may have to spend a bit more money.

On the other hand, you may find that your PC can use a standard PSU---in which case you would not need the adapter.

At any rate, I would not buy that Ebay PSU regardless. Go somewhere like Newegg as a source.

I'd also measure the existing PSU and make sure there are no space/clearance issues should you go with a standard PSU. For all I know, the Dell cases are very cramped or they may have even used a non-standard size as well as non-standard wiring.

You might contact forum member "Fireberd" about this. He has a lot of Dell experience and provides support on Dell forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/187548-will-psu-fit-my-dell-studio-xps-8100-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Studio worked fine until in the cold in for for a few hours, below zero cold. Now no battery power at all. Even when plugged in, when I hit eh power button, the light sequence on the keyboard lights, but after a few seconds only the volume button remails lit. Then, after 20-30 seconds, even that light goes out and the sound stops. The screen is dead black the whole time.

Help. Thanks.

JRR

A:Dead new Dell Studio

If the battery after being left at room temperature for a few hours still doesn't power the laptop, I would go looking for my warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dead-new-dell-studio.806340/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello First time poster I come with a problem that has been posted before but since he didn t had an answer nor answered himself with his solution I ask again I studio 15 Dell overheating have a dell studio that s years and a half old It have always had overheating issues but with some clenaing with compressed air it wasn t a big trouble Now I formated and reinstaled windows a month ago A week ago my windows partition decided to stop working so i had to backup with linux format and reinstall Since then the pc has been kind of unstable over heating Dell studio 15 overheating and shuting down randomly and not booting windows for a while after that First I tried installing all the drivers includion bios updates Since that didin t do much I thought that doing some clean up will resolve the problem so i opened up using dell s support manual and disasemble the cooler to blow over there When opened I notice something strange Ive uploaded some pictures of it Some of the I think it is thermal paste has melted leaving the two parts to be in direct contact Since i don t know much about hardware I just looked and took photos blow and cleaned everything and closed up I ve downloaded RealTemp and I m having - while idle and - while gaming and random shutting ups even with and Dell studio 15 overheating open window near the laptop I m in winter here Well what i really wanted to know was if that in the picture is normal and if is not if that can be the cause of everything overheating and if it can be replaced for some new thermal paste I have the proffesional tech guy as a last option because i don t know anyone trust worthy and a random one will only do what I did and return the pc still malfunctioning to me Thanks a lot EDIT Specs Laptop Dell studio Intel core duo ghz gb RAM DDR Windows bits nbsp

A:Dell studio 15 overheating

In a perfect world, the parts would be perfectly flat, be placed in direct contact with each other, and no thermal paste would be used. As that is not the case, the thermal paste is used to fill the inconsistencies and aid in cooling. In other words, what you see is normal.

You can completely remove the paste from both pieces, reinstall more thermal paste (only a small amount is needed), and put them back together.

Having said all of that, as that model has always had overheating issues, there isn't likely much that can be done. Always use the laptop on a hard surface (ie: desk or table top), and you could use a cooling pad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-15-overheating.1012962/
Relevancy 50.74%

Good day everybody,
Small help pls

Fresh installed windows 7 in my DELL Studio 1535 ,,, everything "Drivers" works perfect! no issue except one thing which actually needs your help PLS

Fingerprint seems doesn't work!
Can someone direct me how solve that or guide me to the right place that i would download the right driver "fingerprint" for my DELL

My earlier OS was Vista Home-premium and fingerprint was working perfect on that OS

Thank you all,
Hani

A:DELL Studio 1535

Quote: Originally Posted by Hani1231

Good day everybody,
Small help pls

Fresh installed windows 7 in my DELL Studio 1535 ,,, everything "Drivers" works perfect! no issue except one thing which actually needs your help PLS

Fingerprint seems doesn't work!
Can someone direct me how solve that or guide me to the right place that i would download the right driver "fingerprint" for my DELL

My earlier OS was Vista Home-premium and fingerprint was working perfect on that OS

Thank you all,
Hani

Hani if it worked on vista it will work with the same driver on win 7 if you install the driver in compatibility mode
to do that right click the installer>properties>choose OS.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/100317-dell-studio-1535-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a dell studio that has a lot of junk from downloading so many different things and I want to restore it to factory settings where there is nothing at all on here and i can download what i need. please help me i just want it like brand new?????

Relevancy 50.74%

Ok guys this is the problem. I dropped my computer and cracked the screen. Its not covered in the warrenty and i have to have it fixed. I was wondering if i could send my computer into dell and have them check to see whats wrong with it and send me the bill? Also i would like to have the touch screen put on it and instead of Vista have Windows 7. If there is a better approach to doing this please inform me. If you have any questions about my operating systems or anything like that ask away.

Thanks for all your help.
Krik

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-help-with-dell-studio-1737-a-480668.html
Relevancy 50.74%

cant find quickset driovers..... downloaded drivers for vista and xp but it dont work..... so dudes i need your help

win 7 (7600) x32
dell studio 1535

A:Dell studio 1535

Quote: Originally Posted by infernOO

cant find quickset driovers..... downloaded drivers for vista and xp but it dont work..... so dudes i need your help

win 7 (7600) x32
dell studio 1535

Try to install the vista drivers in vista comp That might work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/20633-dell-studio-1535-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

typed on my iPad Pc shut down last night as usual This morning 540 Dead Studio Dell completely dead no beeps nothing except for one power light on back Everything else Wacom monitor amp pad regular monitor etc have power I checked all Dead Dell Studio 540 cables replugged opened the tower reseated stuff blew out dust nothing The only problem I ve been having that might be related is on sites with heavy graphics like Pinterest it slows or freezes though i had the thing Dead Dell Studio 540 custom configured for graphic artist programs like Painter amp Photoshop and begins making a loud humming sound It shows that Firefox is using millions of CPUs maybe not the right term So I ll close the browser and start over Humming goes away So any ideas on where to start reviving the dead giant It s or years old and I ve been wishing I could switch to a Mac but not like this I have a gazillion files on it that I NEED nbsp

A:Dead Dell Studio 540

It is overeating. The humming is probably a fan that has stuck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dead-dell-studio-540.1068542/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm going to get a dell studio 15 laptop, but from all I've read, still not 100% confident of availability of windows xp drivers for this laptop? I want to dual boot just incase Im doing anything hefty on mem (or just don't like vista.) Also, does anyone know if the ati mobility hd3450 is xp compatible?

Cheers

A:Dell Studio XP Drivers?

A lot of prebuilt resellers are doing the whole "we're not offering Windows whatever drivers" hogwash on their websites, even if the hardware itself is compatible. I've found this with my laptop (Asus F3 series) and with my gaming rig (Asus M2N SLI Deluxe).

Usually, however, if you find the manufacturer of the hardware component itself, you can find some generic drivers or manufacturers drivers that will function.

Considering that Dell has a "switch to XP for $50" option on a lot of their desktops, I imagine you shouldn't have too much trouble.

As for your video card, there are a few sites that specialize in making generic drivers for mobile chipsets. The problem with mobile chipsets is that often a vendor will to lock you into using only their drivers, rather than the OEM drivers from ATI/AMD or Nvidia. That's why those third party sites exist.

I'd worry about the other components of your laptop more than the video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-xp-drivers.109784/
Relevancy 50.74%

Pentium 3. I am wondering if anyone can give me any information on how to swap my operating system from my old hard drive to my new one. What are the steps. I am currently running Windows XP. I also need to know how to let the new computer add the hard ware onto the hard drive. Any information is greatly appreciated.

A:Very old Pentium! to a new Dell Studio

norton (symantec) ghost. you may be able to find an open source one that can do the same thing. but by far ghost is the most popular

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-old-pentium-to-a-new-dell-studio.158856/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

My laptop recently died with a CD stuck inside that id quite like back. Unfortunately its a slot load drive and hasnt got a small hole to manually eject the CD. Any ideas on how i might get the CD back or is it lost forever?

Thanks

A:CD Stuck in Dell Studio XPS 16

See this, read some of the reader comments also

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/how_to/4212374.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-stuck-in-dell-studio-xps-16.911445/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

My laptop's just started playing up...three times in three days now I've had BSOD's.

Please find attached the .dmp files, any help gratefully received.

Regards,

Dave

A:Dell Studio 1747 BSOD

ZoneAlarm firewall is the cause of all three of your BSOD's

Uninstall then run the ZoneAlarm remover to clear up any leftovers.

AVG is also notorious in causing BSOD's on some Winows 7 systems. If BSOD's continue after ZoneAlarm removal, suggest uninstallng AVG, afterwards run the relevant AVG Remover for your system in Safe Mode. Download BSOD friendly Microsoft Security Essentials as its replacement.

Try to find updates for these older drivers from your PC or mobo manufacturer, or through links:

BCM42RLY.sys Wed Jul 08 01:34:55 2009 Broadcom PCI Network Adapter
bcmwl664.sys Wed Jul 08 01:45:04 2009 Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter

CtClsFlt.sys Mon Jun 15 06:06:41 2009 Creative Camera Driver

PxHlpa64.sys Wed Jun 24 00:16:35 2009 Sonic CD/DVD driver (used by many different CD/DVD programs, see list)

Rt64win7.sys Wed Jun 23 10:10:45 2010 Realtek LAN RTL811

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/137723-dell-studio-1747-bsod.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I purchased a new pc for the express purpose to play SC2 and Civilization 5. I got the a Dell Studio with windows 7, intel core i7, 8gig ram, and the evga geforce gt 240. When playing both games the screen will randomly (some times i can get through 30mins, some times only 5mines) go black and freeze. Nothing works but a cold reboot. At first a minimizing would work, but now not even that. I've made sure my drivers were\are up to date but that's not helped. Any ideas?

A:Black screen on Dell Studio

Are all of your windows updates installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-on-dell-studio.154072/
Relevancy 50.31%

Dell Studio 1737. Using Vista. Was running well. Now on bootup get screen ...'.Launch startup repair or start normally'
on clicking repair it tries, then gets screen...' checking system for problems' which I ran and got 'Startup repair cannot repair automatically'. Gives choice to send info. or don't send info.
The problem details are as follows:
Problem signature 1 AutoFailover
2 6.0.6001.18000.6.0.6001.18000
3 6
4 1376276
5 Bad driver
6 Bad Driver
7 0
8 3
9 WrpRepair
10 10
I am looking for a solution (if there is any) to not have to do a repair that will destroy my files.

Within last 3 weeks installed McAffee (had problems installing) and connected a 'Nook'

In the last 3 weeks had installed McAfee (had problems installing) and connected a 'Nook'

Relevancy 50.31%

My Dell Studio will not boot up! It makes a lot off clicking noises but never boots. I've tried restarting but that doesn't work. All I have is a black screen. Please help!!!!

Relevancy 50.31%

Dell laptop had power issues originally a month before the warranty ran out and sent it in to Dell They sent it back with a new power adapter A Dell problems Studio power few days later it is having problems again Dell Studio power problems telling me to plug in a Dell power cord So I sent it back to Dell again They replace the MLB and send it back About a days after that I start having problems again All the same problems I contact Dell and they get it again but don Dell Studio power problems t repair anything telling me I Dell Studio power problems need to buy a new battery So it stopped charging and I ordered a new battery Now I have a new battery and when I put it in the laptop will work but it is not charging the battery Although it is not draining the battery power either It s at and if I unplug it will not run on the battery itself But it runs if it s plugged in but it won t charge or even show that it s plugged in Not real confident in Dell repair at this point Should I try and buy a new power adapter Could it have gone bad again I am at a lost and ready to ditch this thing Any advice or next steps would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Guys,

I'm getting a dell studio, but want to dual boot with xp. The only thing is I've read its a heck of a lot easier when u have vista disc to repair bootloader. Do you know if the del studio comes with disc, or just HDD partition backup. I haven't seen a clear answer on this so far and if you don't get it its just a pain. You should always get a disc of the OS in my opinion.

Cheers

A:Dell Studio come with Vista disc?

You will need a separate copy of Vista

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-come-with-vista-disc.112272/
Relevancy 50.31%

The Dell Studio 1535 is new! I got Dell Studio 1535 yesterday. When I update and require restart. When the laptop turns on and I just saw blue screen with white letters. I had to reformatted and everything is fine. This morning, I had problem again. I can't type anything. When I press "F" and the program is open. When I press "M" and the internet is minimize, ETC.

Spec:
Intel? Core 2 Duo T5800 2.0GHz

Midnight Blue Color

15.4" WXGA Widescreen w/ Truelife

Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

Genuine Microsoft? Windows? Vista Home Premium Edition

4GB DDR2 Memory, 667MHz

320GB SATA Hard Drive

8X DVD+/-RW Drive with double-layer DVD+R write capability - Read and Burn both CDs and DVDs

Dell Wireless 1397 802.11b/g Card- Wireless ready!

Integrated 2.0 mega pixel webcamIntegrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem

Integrated High Definition Audio 2.085Whr 9-Cell Li-Ion Battery with Power Adapter

A:Dell Studio 1535 problem

Hi GiantsFan23 and welcome to Vista Forums

I have tidied your post up so that it can be read without having to scroll (removed the </span> commands).
It sounds as though you have received a BSOD - Blue Screen Of Death. Without knowing what is on the screen, it is hard to ascertain what is wrong and to assist you. Please post back with full details of what is on this screen - capture it using a digital camera if necessary and attach the image to the post.
In the meantime, here is the Search Results - DELL COMMUNITY for your laptop. Have a look through these to see if anyone else has had the same or a similar problem and what they did to resolve it.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/204396-dell-studio-1535-problem.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I recently purchased a Dell Studio 15 laptop with an Intel WiFi Link 5100 802.11AGN Half Mini Card. Problem is that up until this time, my other computers (combo of older Dell's and a Mac) all worked fine on the wireless internet (Belkin) until we bought this new Studio. Now, whenever I fire up the new laptop, it kills my wireless network. The wireless Belken is a Pro - N. Any thoughts on what may be happening here?

Relevancy 50.31%

With sincerest apologies to quot ryder quot who had initiated a resolution to the problem I did not respond within the hr bump-period and am reposting my request for assistance Dell Studio Fingerprint ID UKASH Hoping some wise soul has an answer I don't I have a Dell Studio with fingerprint ID which is what I always used to log on There is also a password option The laptop is a family laptop children have changed password but forgotten No problem as my fingerprint still works right up until the UKASH malware locks it up I'm aware that there are ways of remedying this problem in Safe Mode however the fingerprint ID feature does not appear to be available to log onto the computer in safe mode Does anyone have any idea if indeed I can somehow log in with fingerprint ID in safe mode so that I can address the malware issue I'm so frustrated and perhaps may have to pay someone to help with the issue but I thought I would try here first Any ideas are sincerely appreciated Thanks Kerpry

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,
I'm having a boot issue with my Dell Studio 15. It just hangs at the XP splash screen and the load bar continually scrolls. I was previously able to boot in Safe Mode, but when I tried running MBAM it froze up. I had not noticed any signs of Malware prior to the boot issue. Running the scan was just my initial response. But now when I attempt to boot in Safe Mode it just freezes altogether. Trying to figure out if the OS is corrupted or if there's something wrong with my HD. Unfortunately I have not been able to find my copy of XP to attempt to run recovery. Appreciate any help to trouble shoot issue and hopefully fix it.
Thanks,
8eight

A:Dell Studio 15 XP Boot Issue

In this situation you can try to do a system restore offline. Hopefully you have System Restore enabled and a Restore Point close to the current date.

Go here and follow the steps to creart a ERD disk. Boot the CD and do a System Restore. It will do a partial system restore and hopefully let you boot up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540652/dell-studio-15-xp-boot-issue/
Relevancy 50.31%

Dell Studio Fingerprint ID UKASH With sincerest apologies to quot ryder quot who had initiated a resolution to the problem I did not respond within the UKASH Fingerprint Dell + Studio ID hr bump-period and am Dell Studio Fingerprint ID + UKASH reposting my request for assistance Dell Studio Fingerprint ID UKASH Hoping some wise soul has an answer I don't I Dell Studio Fingerprint ID + UKASH have a Dell Studio with fingerprint ID which is what I always used to log on There is also a password option The laptop is a family laptop children have changed password but forgotten No problem as my fingerprint still works right up until the UKASH malware locks it up I'm aware that there are ways of remedying this problem in Safe Dell Studio Fingerprint ID + UKASH Mode however the fingerprint ID feature does not appear to be available to log onto the computer in safe mode Does anyone have any idea if indeed I can somehow log in with fingerprint ID in safe mode so that I can address the malware issue I'm so frustrated and perhaps may have to pay someone to help with the issue but I thought I would try here first Any ideas are sincerely appreciated Thanks Kerpry

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/dell-studio-fingerprint-id-ukash-691680.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I could not find it in this posting site, I have a dell 1737 running windows 7 ultimate and I can not reformat the hard drive. I've tried F8 function clicked on "repair your computer" and once I press enter it start windows normally like its skipping past the repair option screen that is suppose to come after that screen. Anyone else have this happen? whats wrong with this pc and why won't it reformat?

A:help with reformat dell studio 1737

You may follow the steps described in the tutorial : Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 .

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/244957-help-reformat-dell-studio-1737-a.html