Windows Support Forum

System reqs for up and coming games and graphics cards?

Q: System reqs for up and coming games and graphics cards?

Hi guys So the hard drive in my computer System cards? graphics reqs and games up coming for and just became corrupted or something and I lost all my data Since my computer was pretty old anyway I figured it was a good excuse to get a new one There are a couple things I want to know before I buy the computer though I m and school s about to start so I absolutely NEED to get a computer right now I like to game but my parents only allow me to over the summer when it can t interfere with my schoolwork So I guess what I m asking is what s a good computer to get now that will support the newest DX graphics cards and games next year Recommendations on a CPU RAM and power supply would be awesome I m System reqs for up and coming games and graphics cards? thinking about getting a computer with an Intel Pentium Dual-Core E Ghz CPU gigs of RAM and watt power supply I have heard though that CPUs with something in the E xxx or E xxx would be better and that I would need around a watt power supply for some of the better video cards Any suggestions would be great thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: System reqs for up and coming games and graphics cards?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: System reqs for up and coming games and graphics cards?

Hi magemofo,
can you tell us a little more about what you want from this machine/ like what res do you want to game at, what is your budget, do you want to overclock, do you do any video editing or rendering, etc. actually if you supply the answers to these questions http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic119618.html it will help us get you better recommendations

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-reqs-for-up-and-coming-games-and-graphics-cards.133208/
Relevancy 21.5%

My laptop supports two graphics card AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6470M and Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 and after a while the AMD got corrupted(I already updated it but I think it's hardware problem) and causes blue screen so I disabled it in safe mode(because it uses the intel one).

I tried a clean install of Windows 7 and during installation AMD causes blue screen because it gets enabled.

And now I want to try a clean install of the Windows 10. Question is, is there anyway I could disable the graphics card permanently?

I use a 64-bit Sony Vaio Laptop VPCSB26FG with a Windows 7 Home Premium OS. Thanks a lot!

A:How to permanently disable graphics card

The simple solution is to remove the failing card :grin:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-permanently-disable-graphics-card.217519/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hey guys, I have searched a lot of forums but haven't found any relevent answers. I am sorry if this is a repeat.

What happened is that I disabled my nvidia graphic card from the control panel and it was too late until I realised my mistake as I had already pressed the restart button. Now I try to start my pc but all that happens is that I hear the sounds I always hear but nothing appears in the screens. I have tried several monitors. I have unhooked the monitor from the nvidia and connected it to the onboard gpu and still no luck. I tried resetting the bios but that didn't help either.

CPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 ghz

GPU:
ZOTAC Nvidia GeForce GT610 Synergy Edition.

A:I disabled my Nvidia Geforce GT610 graphics card accidentally and now I can't see a thing

You'll not make that mistake again and neither will I. You can't see anything when Windows boots but you know it's there. Maybe there's a way round this but I never found it and ended up reinstalling Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-disabled-my-nvidia-geforce-gt610-graphics-card-accidentally-and-now-i-cant-see-a-thing.203943/
Relevancy 16.34%

I've done no overclocking, no advanced work whatsoever. Every time I try to google my issue, all of the solutions seem to be based around the person with the issue overclocking their system thus causing high tempuratures. This is not that issue.

On to the actual problem, my motherboard reports temperatures of 69c when running any program that takes any worthwhile amount of system resources (and some that don't), in particular, most games. CPU and GPU tempuratures seem far lower, around 30-40c. Assuming the sensor isn't to blame (and it isn't, if the feel of the case is any indication), are there any reliable ways to lower MB tempurature with simple BIOS and power settings?

Running an old F1a55-M (FM1) on Win 7 Home Premium, SP1.

EDIT: The motherboard idles at 47, which also seems high. I've changed locations for better airflow several times and wonder if I just flat-out need a larger case.

A:Question re: system temperatures

Fans running, dust?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-re-system-temperatures.217445/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hard Drive Capacity: 1TB Model: Savage8
Operating System: Windows
MPN: SAV8 1017 B-KMMH Monitor Keyboard Mouse Headset
Operating System Edition: Windows 7
Graphics Processing Type: Integrated/On-Board Graphics Processor Type: AMD A-Series 7650K
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 Series Processor Speed: 4.2GHz Overclocked
Processor Cores: Quad Core Memory: 8GB
Memory Speed: 1600MHz

A:Budget Gaming PC specs, What games could it run

Can I just clarify that that's an AMD 7650K APU, with 8GB RAM?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-gaming-pc-specs-what-games-could-it-run.217329/
Relevancy 48.16%

Nvidia has announced a new game bundle for their high-end GeForce graphics cards, giving gamers a free copy of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain with qualifying purchases at participating retailers.

Read more

A:Nvidia bundles Metal Gear Solid V with new graphics cards

Just perfect....am now shopping for a card and the gtx 960 seems the more likely choice for me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-bundles-metal-gear-solid-v-with-new-graphics-cards.216927/
Relevancy 27.52%

Does anyone out there has experimented to use a Sound Card on a IBM Power 7 server running AIX 7.1

I know the card should be a PCIe lo profile to match the hardware. My concern is mainly with having the system recognize the card and drivers on AIX.

Any help will be apreciated.

A:Sound cards on IBM Power7 Servers running AIX 7.1

The proprietary Unix OS should recognize the sound cards with out problems

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-cards-on-ibm-power7-servers-running-aix-7-1.171763/
Relevancy 21.93%

Which graphics card to choose between nvidia GTX960 and nvidia GTX760?

A:Buying Graphics Card

They are both rated as the same card within their generation. The 960 is the newest card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-graphics-card.216700/
Relevancy 16.34%

FIXED The backplate of the video card looked exactly like my old one but it was somehow making my video card not slide down far enough took it off and now its running HUH ZA If there is a big danger in running it so lofty without a backplate message me and let me know If you have a msi g check the damn backplate I bought a nividia off ebay and my mobo does not detect it It lights up but that is it I can send it back but I wanted to know what I can try first I get this message system card My video does my detect not with the install cd when I use the auto driver updater on nvidia and when I manually download the driver from the nvidia site My old radeon worked fine Old card MSI R GAMING G -Bit GDDR This graphics driver could not find compatible hardware GV-N G GAMING- GD nvidia requires and pin connector Mobo z pro asrock CPU k PSU watt ocz sxs What I have done so far Connected the Power Connectors x My system does not detect my video card -Pin x -Pin From my old card to the new card Im using my old power converters could that matter Id use the one that came with the card but a damn wire is hanging out of its area Checked device manager no device Checked bios made sure pci-e x is the primary video card source Checked my bios mobo overview and it says there is nothing in that slot Uninstalled all amd and nvidia driver in the control panel Uninstalled all drivers with gurus free amd and nvidia Display Driver Uninstaller in safemode Reseated the card Googled a lot Im now going to reset the bios I heard I can also update the bios would that even matter am I just trying to hard to make this possibly DOA card work nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-system-does-not-detect-my-video-card.216578/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi, as the title suggests I've got a bit of a sound problem:

I wish to record some of my digital sound (e.g. my friends in Skype) using Audacity and stereo mix. However, using the built-in stereo mix record feature Audacity has, no sound is being recorded. So I checked out the stereo mix device under 'recording devices' in 'Sound' and found that it was not detecting any sound at all.

I'm not totally sure as to how all it's settings must be, but it's like this now:

Listen to: enabled
Playback through: Speakers (Realtek HD Audio)

The device is set to be 'used' ofcourse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Marty

A:No sound coming through 'stereo mix' device

Go to Edit -> Preferences and to the 'Audio I/O' or 'Devices' tab, and make sure the the audio INPUT is set to the source you want to hear from, in this case, the pc sound card or such, apparently Windows 7 does not change the input device when you select the Stereo Mix function for some reason.

If that's not the case, maybe your sound driver isn't allowing the stereo mix to work, you can try the Control Panel configuring method, which you can find at the audacity website (i can't set up links yet, but go to wiki.audacityteam.org/ and add this: index.php?title=Mixer_Toolbar_Issues#Using_the_Control_Panel) [sorry for this, but it's for a good reason, i'm not a bot/spam ]
kind of a pain to read through and configure everything, but will fix the issue.

If you don't want any trouble at all, you can just plug you speaker in the PC's 'Line In' plug (the blue one), and set Audacity's Input device to "Line in" or such.

Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-coming-through-stereo-mix-device.173670/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi,

I've got a S1150 system, which - as we all know - has a very limited amount of PCI-Express lanes. I recently invested in a couple NZXT S340 cases, and I find them extremely cramped for cable management. I'm considering dumping my dual SATA3 SSD raids in these computers in favor of M2 SSD's to eliminate some of the cable mess, but I'm wondering how this will affect my graphics card performance, as I believe this would cut my graphics card's PCI-Express lanes down to x8 (3.0), just as if I was using a PCI-Express SSD.

Does anyone have first hand experience with this type of setup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/m2-ssd-on-s1150-system.216427/
Relevancy 27.09%

According to MSI and Biostar representatives on the Computex 2015 show floor, speaking to PC Gamer, motherboards that feature Intel's new Z170 chipset will become available this August.

Read more

A:Intel Skylake-supporting Z170 motherboards coming in August

It better come with Thunderbolt 3 included, if they want to attract PC enthusiasts.

On a related subject, this new Thunderbolt 3 isn't as good as we hoped...

Thunderbolt 3 also includes an update to the DisplayPort side of matters, though likely not what everyone has been expecting. With the increase in bandwidth, Thunderbolt 3 is able to carry twice as much video data as before. However Intel is not implementing the latest version of DisplayPort ? DisplayPort 1.3 ? in to the Thunderbolt 3 standard. Instead they are doubling up on DisplayPort 1.2, expanding the number of equivalent DisplayPort lanes carried from 4 to 8, essentially allowing one Thunderbolt 3 cable to carry 2 full DisplayPort 1.2 connections. The end result is that Thunderbolt 3 will not be able to drive the kind of next-generation displays DisplayPort 1.3 is geared towards ? things like 8K displays and 5K single-tile displays ? but it will be able to drive anything 1 or 2 DisplayPort 1.2 connections can drive today, including multiple [email protected] monitors or 5K multi-tile displays.Click to expand...

source: http://www.anandtech.com/show/9331/intel-announces-thunderbolt-3

So, basically, they had all the opportunity to have DisplayPort 1.3 included, but decided not to. That is just wrong... It won't even support a single-tile 5K screen. And if so, then what good is it, really?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-skylake-supporting-z170-motherboards-coming-in-august.213682/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey guys... I just got a new EVGA GTX650 ti boost superclocked. I just put it in and I was not getting any signal to my monitor. I tried VGA, HDMI and DVI. Nothing worked and when I took it out to try booting with my integrated graphics, I didn't get any signal to my monitor. All of my connections and wires are connected properly, my power supply is the right voltage and has enough power to support my graphics card. My hard drives are spinning but I cant access my BIOS. I have tried everything that is common. I know my graphics card is not defective and im thinking that it might be my motherboard. Any suggestions?

A:My integrated graphics won't work

You were using integrated graphics before the discrete card? It's strange that your onboard isn't working if it was before hand. Usually it's just a overlooked cable or something plugged in the wrong place. Did you make any changes to BIOS? Some boards require you to change the primary display adapter to PCIE or onboard. Maybe a BIOS reset will help the situation. I doubt there is any issues with the MOBO itself. I suggest stripping the build down to nothing but the bear essential components for operation. This way you can isolate the issue a lot easier.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-integrated-graphics-wont-work.194322/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello I have a (Low Budget) Card Recommendations Graphics decent PC with a crappy graphics card which is the (Low Budget) Graphics Card Recommendations only thing holding my gaming back I have gigs of RAM and an Intel Core duo E of Ghz Its a Dell Optiplex MiniTower and it has a Power Supply of w or so I need a Graphics card within - Without having to upgrade the entire thing Yep I know I m cheap but I m pretty desperate since my PC can t run even most games such (Low Budget) Graphics Card Recommendations as League of Legends and DOTA Dota ftw But for some weird reason I (Low Budget) Graphics Card Recommendations can run Elder Scrolls Oblivion perfectly yet games like quot Skullgirlz quot won t despite being a linear game And after researchin my sh t I came across these Graphics cards NVIDIA GeForce GT NVIDIA GeForce GT GeForce NVIDIA GeForce GT NVIDIA GeForce GT AMD Radeon HD Tell me the quot best choice quot out of these since my budget is pretty much limited and if the cards that I chose quot will even quot work or fit inside the case Also does it being Single-Width or Dual-Width matter And if it does which of the graphics cards that I listed will actually work I am just looking for a graphics card that will improve my PC not one that will turn it into a gaming computer Answer with minimum detail please Just kidding write as much as you want Cheers nbsp

A:(Low Budget) Graphics Card Recommendations

I'd recommend going to Ebay and looking for something like a Radeon HD 7850. I saw some sell for around 50ish bucks. The HD 7850 would be a huge improvement over the cards you listed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-budget-graphics-card-recommendations.216068/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi all,
I am new to this forum..
To start, I had just bought an ASUS computer.. wanting to play games like borderlands 1, left for dead 2 etc. But, when I was very trilled waiting to start the games, both of them had blacked screen and forced shutdown my computer every time after the game has been launched!
I had done many researches in the net, changing the registry values in directx11, reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers (halfway black screen upon reinstalling), changing the compatibility to Windows 7, adding missing physxcudart_20 to the games...None of them works..T-T
Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Unable to install Nvidia driver and also to play games on Windows 8.1

I'd recommend to do the following:

Perform a clean install of Windows

Re-install Nvidia drivers
Download CPU-Z and GPU-Z (or any CPU and GPU monitoring software)
Monitor both while attempting to play games - check for temperature spikes.
Doing the above will help you rule out a lot of potential issues that are causing your problems. The clean windows install will get rid of any OS related issues. You never want to touch the windows registry unless you really have to, especially if you're not very well versed in the way it works. It can cause way more harm than good. With that said, the system crashes were probably due to a bad driver instillation and was causing a BSOD - most modern systems are set to restart / shutdown when this happens. You'll never know it happened unless you changed the configuration to stop the automatic shutdown. It could also be temperature related, if your CPU or GPU overheats, it'll typically trigger a system crash as well and result in the same BSOD sequence.

Let me know how it goes after you've tried what I've mentioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-nvidia-driver-and-also-to-play-games-on-windows-8-1.213781/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi guys,
I'm planning to make an order on simpleshoppinglink.com buy I'm still thinking: I want to buy a powerful machine for playing new big games and decided to ask someone's thoughts about it. So what would you buy for playing games: PC or Laptop?
If you choose PC: i7 4790k or i7 4930k? or another proposes?
If you choose laptop: which one?

A:What would you buy for playing games?

An i5 with a good video card. Games are GPU intensive so you'll need a video card to handle the latest games with 8 gigs of memory.

I personally play on a PC. There are those who play on a laptop. It boils down to a personal preference. if you need the mobility you go laptop. However, I can build a PC significantly cheaper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-you-buy-for-playing-games.215861/
Relevancy 21.07%

I was updating my graphics card drivers for my graphic card PNY GEFORCE GTX 660 and went to device manager, I used ?automatically search for new driver? and a dialog box appeared "Windows has determined that the driver is up to date".
Yet, I went to Nvidia website and did a driver update. I checked again Device manager for my display adapter and the new driver was TWO MONTHS NEWER.
I wonder why that happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-device-manager-lying-to-me-about-the-last-driver-version-for-my-graphics-card.215610/
Relevancy 21.5%

During the PC Gaming Show, which ran for a mammoth two and a half hours at E3 2015 last night, AMD CEO Lisa Su briefly appeared on stage to show off another Radeon graphics card that the company only briefly...

Read more

A:This is AMD's dual-GPU Fiji graphics card

These days for a blue-chip company to bring a PCB on stage like this is a dark day indeed.

Imagine Apple showing off a circuitry for their next iPhone, and just how pathetic that would be...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-is-amds-dual-gpu-fiji-graphics-card.215093/
Relevancy 48.59%

A barrage of leaks over the past few months left little to the imagination once it came time for AMD to officially unveil its Radeon 300 series graphics cards. Regardless, AMD filled us in on all of the pertinent details...

Read more

A:AMD officially announces Radeon 300 series graphics cards at E3

Hmm so the rebranded cards didn't get an GCN update to 1.2 which blows

The increase in clock speeds and Vram isn't enough alone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-officially-announces-radeon-300-series-graphics-cards-at-e3.214879/
Relevancy 20.64%

Integrated graphics solutions won't get you far when it comes to gaming, but they've evolved to the point that you can actually get decent frame rates in relatively modern games with the right graphics settings. Looking to remove some of...

Read more

A:Intel launches website to help gamers on integrated graphics get a boost in gaming performance

So they're teaching you how to move all the sliders to the left? ^___^

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-launches-website-to-help-gamers-on-integrated-graphics-get-a-boost-in-gaming-performance.214204/
Relevancy 21.07%

AMD's upcoming Radeon 300 series graphics cards may end up being rebadged 200 series cards with minor tweaks but it's not all bad news for gamers. WCCFtech has it on good authority (they're confident enough to drop the "rumor" tag...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon 300 series graphics card pricing leaks online

Rebrands or no, that extra memory will put some pressure on NVIDIA's lower end cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-300-series-graphics-card-pricing-leaks-online.213820/
Relevancy 15.91%

Here ya go T, the final product...well probably not

2.2Kw Holodeck 7

[email protected]
Gigabyte GA-990-FXA-UD7 (rev 1.1)
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 MHz
4 X HD 7970 Quadfire
1x Corsiar AX1200W
2x FSP Group X5 500W =1000W
1XNexXxos XT45mm x 360mm Rads
2 x NexXxos XT45mm x 240mm Rads
1x NexXxos XT45mm x 120mm Rads
3X VPP-655 Pumps
1X Phobya DC-12-400 Pump
Koolance 370 CPU Block
4 x Heatkiller GPU X-3 Waterblocks
Rad Fans: Coolermaster Excalibur
Bitspower & Monsoon Fittings
Primochill Advanced LRT Tubing
Case CoolerMaster Cosmos 2
Heatkiller X-3 Multilink Quad Bridge
BitsPower Z-Multi 250mML Reservoir
Eyefinity 3+1 Extended 5760 x 1080-25" Monitors

I did end up going full parallel on the GPU's They go from idle @ 28c to 36c under load (Heaven 4.0)

Relevancy 50.31%

Hey all My new computer is a new graphics with Problem cards quot Medion Akoya P -E quot With art number windows It has an NVIDIA GeForce GT graphic card Problem with new graphics cards Original Psu w My old computer is a quot Emachine EL quot windows vista Original Psu w I have bought a Psu from w to have a pin connector for the GTX ti graphic card When installing this Psu in my EL both graphic cards works fine Now I have brand new graphic Problem with new graphics cards cards NVIDIA GEFORCE GT NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX TI Asus Both cards WORKS on my old Problem with new graphics cards computer Now the problem When installing the new Psu w into my medion computer everything works fine When I remove the graphic card from my new computer and put the or the in it the computer wont start getting long beep and x short beep this means problem with graphics card Now I have retested my graphic cards in my old computer and they both works fine so there is a problem probably something within my computer settings I have searched and searched but couldn t find any solution so thats why I m posting it here I am from Belgium so forgive me for my bad grammar Any suggestion will be tried and I am sure all cables are connected probably when I need to install my GT I don t even need to unplug any cables so thats not the problem nbsp

A:Problem with new graphics cards

Wait. So when you put the 630 and 650 in your Medion, it fails?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-new-graphics-cards.192355/
Relevancy 21.93%

I recently bought a new graphics card due to my old one giving out. The new graphics card I got was the GTX 960. I think I plugged everything up right. I uploaded some pictures I thought were viable into helping me find the solution to my problem. I'm really feeling like ****. I was so excited to receive my new 200$ graphics card and to find out it wont even turn on has really got me bummed out. Can someone please help me?

http://imgur.com/JfGMLp6
(8pin connector is plugged in)
http://imgur.com/Z2fImrz
(6-pin connector is plugged in)
I dont have the last image for some reason it wouldn't upload but anyway it's connected to the PCI-E slot.

A:Graphics card not turning on

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-not-turning-on.213330/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi im planning to get myself a graphics card. to play games like arma 3 on max graphic or any othergame.
can I install any good graphics card to my pc?
Processor: -ADM A10-5700 APU with Radeon(tm) HD graphics.
-(4 cpu) 3.40 GHz
-8 GB Ram
-64 bit windows 8.1

DISPLAY-- -dac type: internal dac(400MHz)
AMD Radeon HD 8470
Monitor. generic PnP Monitor

A:Can my PC handle any Graphics card?

We will need more info then that. If your computer is a Dell, HP or something like that please give us the Model number. if you don't know please try to open your computer and take a picture of the inside of the case. Also make sure get a close up on the PSU ( box inside of your computer with a lot the cables coming out of it) it should be in the top back or bottom back of the computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-my-pc-handle-any-graphics-card.213125/
Relevancy 21.93%

Just as the title says "What's the best Graphics card for a 460W PSU?" My goal would be to upgrade my GPU without upgrading PSU. My budget is $200. Thanks in advance.
My specs:
Pc Model : Dell XPS 8300-4005NBK
CPU: Intel Core i5-2320 Quad-Core Processor 3.0 GHz
GPU: 1GB AMD Radeon HD 6450 Graphics
RAM: 6GB
Hard Drive: 1TB SATA Hard Drive
PSU: Dell XPS 8300 Mini-Tower 460 Watt Power Supply PSU (7P3WV H460AD-00)

A:What's the best Graphics card for a 460W PSU?

I would say anything with a single 6-pin power connector, such as a GTX 960 or R9 270.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-best-graphics-card-for-a-460w-psu.212634/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello,

I am looking into upgrading one of our conference rooms at work with something that can provide output to at least 2 HDTV and 1 projector, with the future of a 3rd hdtv.

I been out the loop for awhile with video cards, and wanted to know if anybody knows of a way this can be done with a possible video card that has 4 hdmi outputs? They will be (2) 55 inch hdtvs and a projector which should output its own resolution

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

A:Any video cards with 4 HDMI outputs?

No video cards I know of have 4 HDMI outputs, but you can find plenty of cards that have that many if you combine DVI + Displayport. You could always use DP converters to HDMI got get the appropriate number of connections, but remember that after 2 non DP devices you'll need to start using Active Converters if you plan to keep the signal digital.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-video-cards-with-4-hdmi-outputs.172449/
Relevancy 15.48%

I have a three month old Dell Dimension GHZ P Gig Ram and a gig SATA Hard Drive When I got the computer I used the files and transfer PC Relocator utility And had in Error system drives did hard Message: disk find Setup not your installed any a bunch of unwanted extras that came with it I m having a Satellite Internet system installed and they wanted a clean install of windows XP So I opened the owner s manual and got out the reinstallation disk and the problems began By the way Dell tech support s only response has been to say gee that s not right and would send a tech sometime after Christmas Anyway heres step by step what I did I boot to the Dell reinstallation disk Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system The windows setup screen appears and loads files The next screen says welcome to setup and offers three options -to setup XP press enters To repair XP press R to exit without installing XP press F I press enter and the following message comes up Setup did not find any hard disk installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected And any disk related configuration is correct ect Press F to quit It dose this if I try repair also Dell had me check the connections to the HD and Motherboard They re good And debug the hard drive No luck Everything worked fine until I put in the reinstallation disk Any help would be welcome nbsp

A:Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

During Setup, it will ask you if you need any extra drivers such as SCSI (or SATA in your case). If so, press F6. Now you are in trouble, because SATA drivers come on a floppy and new(er) Dells don't have a floppy anymore. Borrow a floppy-drive from another PC and install that in your Dell.
Setting up with the Dell disks, I'm not sure if they are RESTORE-disks or full XP-disks.
That may cause another problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.18329/
Relevancy 50.31%

AMD is expected to release a bevy of next generation graphics cards in the first half of 2015 starting with the Radeon R7 360 and 360X next month according to recently published information from The Tech Report (translated from 3DCenter).

Read more

A:AMD's next-generation graphics cards: here's what we know so far

So much power, but so little optimization.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amds-next-generation-graphics-cards-heres-what-we-know-so-far.208688/
Relevancy 21.93%

Wow so I just received my new in the mail today and guess what it doesn t work Well here s what I did so far I uninstalled all nvidia graphics drivers which I used for my gso Rebooted to complete installation Disabled onboard video drivers Shut off computer Installed into motherboard Booted up Now I don t get any video from the card outputs itself so I used my onboard video output to log into windows I tried installing the CCC but the installation failed or something like that I check the device manager and there detected card not Graphics isn t any sign of the showing up Now I m a little scared and not sure what to do The appears to be powered cause my computer is x louder with that damn fan Its just that it won t be recognized by device manager and the drivers won t work Thanks guys Edit When I installed the I had to move the hard drive and cd sata cables from the first and second port to the third and forth ports Whenever I boot my POST says your system last boot fail or POST interrupted Please enter setup to load default and reboot again I press f to bypass this Also when I go into system for some reason it only detects GB of RAM I have bit windows lt -- it only started happening since the new graphics card was installed Reinstalled Windows same damn problem Also I m starting to think that the graphics card is defective as even the bios cannot recognize the card on boot And I believe that is the reason for the Graphics card not detected POST failing nbsp

A:Graphics card not detected

Also, when I go into system, for some reason it only detects 3.87 GB of RAM... I have 64 bit windows 7 <-- it only started happening since the new graphics card was installed.Click to expand...

That's probably because your onboard video is allocating some of it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-not-detected.167268/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi I have my new PC for a months everything worked perfect till one morning I turned it on and the monitor SAMSUNG tried to detect the graphic card ASUS R without any success and turned to sleep mode The monitor works without problems with another PC or Laptop I connected the VGA card to my tv LG and it works without problems after when I connected it back to my monitor it works but not stable in the screen resolution properties it doesn t recognize turn to and sleep detect Monitor mode Card Graphics can't the monitor it s going in safe mode for any entering to game installing some program or restarting of the computer I tried to put my Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode GTX into that slot there are slots for graphic cards and I tried both of them instead of R and everything works without problems So I decided to connect my GTX that works perfect to x slot and the R to Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode x slot connecting the monitor to GTX it detect also the R without any problems but when I disconnect the monitor from the GTX and connect to R the monitor going to safe mode again I tried all these connections with many different cables all the cables are in working condition If somebody can help me I will be grateful Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-cant-detect-monitor-and-turn-to-sleep-mode.212064/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hidden in the latest AMD Catalyst 15.3 beta drivers, released alongside FreeSync last week, are a few pieces of information that hint at what might be in store for the upcoming Radeon Rx 300 series. Specifically, we might be in...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon Rx 300 series rumored to include many rebranded cards

It saves money on R&D and manufacturing as you don't have to research anything new or get in/ change any equipment which is good for the business as it's saving costs, but it is poor for technology and comes across as incredibly lazy. It's 2015 and they're still releasing cards produced in 2012, at least Nvidia cards offer some improvements, even if they are a rebrand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-rx-300-series-rumored-to-include-many-rebranded-cards.210639/
Relevancy 21.93%

The computer I have runs games like csgo and gary's mod terribly and after some poking around a few people told me that it was because I have a bad graphics card, I simply want to know what kind of graphics cards my computer can use. I dont want to buy a whole new comp, just replace its graphics card. Its a dell Inspiron 560 Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5700 3.00GHz. 4.00 GB of Installed RAM, 64-bit operating system. If you need to know more about my computer please ask

A:Need new graphics card

Is this your PC? http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/Common/inspiron-560_user's guide_en-us.pdf

That manual says your PC has a PCI 16 slot so I would suggest a Nvidia 750 as it has good performance and low power needs so you probably do not need a new power supply to use it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-new-graphics-card.210652/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi Guys,
What is the succession of nVidia cards in this linage GTX 960, GTX 970 GTX 980 Titan-X all with Maxwell architecture as in the dates of release?...(obviously the Titan was just announced last week!)
Just trying to work out a purchase option, being that this range is based in two CPU chipsets that of the LGA1155 and the LGA2011-v3.
How long would the wait be, before nVidia released a graphics card that was design based, entirely on the LGA2011-v3 socket?
As I need to upgrade my machine in the next month and am opting for the LGA2011-v3 path.

Kind of a curly question

A:What is the succession of nVidia cards?

U listed The cards in as the better, u're 1155 chipset would run any of these card fine. PIC-E 16 is all the speed u can get on any socket, the LGA2011-v3 will just give u more lanes for more cards to run on. That does not mean they will run faster unless u are already filling up the lanes (most boards will run SLI) at least 1155 boards and upwards. the list as in slower to faster is GTX960, GTX970, GTX980, and the Titan-X being the fastest.
the only way any thing is going to speed up is if u are trying 3 way SLI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-succession-of-nvidia-cards.210586/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello I apologize in advance for my almost complete lack of computer knowledge That said my PC was built for me by one of the IT guys at work who has since moved on I can t scare him card Good with Windows 7? graphics compatible up from his last known email addy So I m sort of out there drifting on this stuff trying to find any help I can The PC is connected to the home theater system TV through HDMI About weeks ago and video from the internet stopped producing sound In addition the PC doesn t Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7? play audio dvds anymore And when I click on the samples in the library I can t play them either I m assuming without knowing the graphics card is shot I think it s about four years old I opened up the box pulled out the graphics card I didn t make a note of manufacturer model but my device manager says it s nvidia and the driver is up to date and cleaned it I plugged it back in still no sound I can play youtube videos or stream online content but none of it has sound Does it sound to you guys like I need a new graphics card If so I need a recommendation for a better than average one that is compatible with windows professional something in the range or so Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7?

Open up nVidia Control Panel.
Under Display select "Set up Digital Audio".
Verify settings to make sure they are correctly set up to send audio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-graphics-card-compatible-with-windows-7.210597/
Relevancy 48.16%

When Nvidia launched the GeForce GTX 900 series of graphics cards last year, the company decided not to bundle a free game with each purchase of a flagship GPU. But with the impending launch of a GameWorks-enhanced, resource-intensive title, Nvidia have...

Read more

A:Nvidia bundles The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with new graphics cards

Think as a recent gtx970 purchaser I should be able to get the voucher to. stupid 3.5gb of lamemory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-bundles-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-with-new-graphics-cards.209573/
Relevancy 28.38%

I'm sure im not the only one wondering... when are the 28-40 lane pci boards coming out that intel promissed us?

I have 40 GPU's that I need to stick in a board for extreme gaming....

A:When are the 40 lane PCI boards coming out?

Not sure if joke or legit question.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-are-the-40-lane-pci-boards-coming-out.205342/
Relevancy 40.85%

In a strange turn of events, Nvidia elected to use Epic Games' media event (instead of its own last night) at the Game Developers Conference to reveal its newest flagship graphics card, the Titan X.

Read more

A:Nvidia crashes Epic Games' media event, announces Titan X graphics card

Soo... What are the chances of a 6GB "980Ti" variant? A bit like the 780Ti was to the Titan Black?
Because it would be better for games and a hell of a lot cheaper

If the rumor mill is to be believed, the price is going to be $1,349, Most people who buy this for gaming will have no use of the double precision floating point prowess of the card, and the few that would probably should have spent a couple hundred extra bucks to get a proper Quadro!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-crashes-epic-games-media-event-announces-titan-x-graphics-card.209423/
Relevancy 21.5%

I am looking to get a new graphics card for my computer because atm it has integrated graphics, which as most of you know sucks. The power supply is 250W which I doubt would be enough to have a whole new graphics card implemented. The model is p6166f. The mother board has this for a graphics card slot PCI express 16x GPU. Please give me suggestions, I am looking to spend approximately 150 - 200 $ total.

A:Looking for new Graphics card and Power supply

We need to know who made your system. How old is your system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-new-graphics-card-and-power-supply.209241/
Relevancy 40.42%

I was wondering what makes NVidia's quadro cards so much more expensive than even the high end gaming GPUs? I know there more for the "workstation" PC and are used more for 3d modeling and such with programs like 3ds max and maya but what exactly do these quadro cards have that the high end gaming GPUs don't? More cuda processors? Higher Memory bus width? The reason I am asking is because I recently purchased a GTX 780 SC and was thinking of getting into either 3ds max/maya in the near future. Would purchasing another GTX 780 and putting into sli configuration help with programs like max and maya? Thanks for the any help!

A:Difference between quadro cards and gaming cards

boagz said:

I was wondering what makes NVidia's quadro cards so much more expensive than even the high end gaming GPUs? I know there more for the "workstation" PC and are used more for 3d modeling and such with programs like 3ds max and maya but what exactly do these quadro cards have that the high end gaming GPUs don't? More cuda processors? Higher Memory bus width? The reason I am asking is because I recently purchased a GTX 780 SC and was thinking of getting into either 3ds max/maya in the near future. Would purchasing another GTX 780 and putting into sli configuration help with programs like max and maya? Thanks for the any help!Click to expand...

To answer your question, the Quaddro series of cards or FirePro for AMD are different from the gaming cards because they re-purpose the cards for straight up compute. The software included with them and drivers along with some additional features make them poor at gaming but better in the fields of compute/cuda dev/opencl/etc. Also those cards in most cases also cram more RAM than the standard card models for higher rendering among other things.

You will be fine with a 780 for the basics of 3DS max and maya and adding another would be somewhat beneficial later down the line but you can definitly use your superclock GTX 780 for this and get decent performance for these programs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/difference-between-quadro-cards-and-gaming-cards.201208/
Relevancy 27.09%

Nvidia's G-Sync technology is currently available on a handful of displays but the cost of entry isn't cheap. That's because the current crop of monitors require custom hardware to work their gaming magic - a requirement that soon won't be...

Read more

A:Nvidia G-Sync technology is coming to laptops, no custom hardware required

LOL the G-Sync module was only ever used to verify 100% that someone was using a Nvidia GPU. What a bunch of crooks...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-g-sync-technology-is-coming-to-laptops-no-custom-hardware-required.208532/
Relevancy 43%

I don t know if this is the right place to put this so I appologize So my current computer specs are - Intel core i - k - Gigabyte Geforce GTX TI BOOST - Corsair Vengeance GB of RAM - Asus card for Upgrading games evolve future graphics the and P Z -V LX mother board - Corsair Gold AX PLUS Upgrading graphics card for evolve and the future games Power Supply So for the past days I ve been looking around at different graphic cards and I narrowed it down to these three EVGA GeForce GTX SC ACX GB G-P - -KR - - Must wait month Gigabyte GeForce GTX Ti GB Windforce - Can get it right now EVGA GeForce GTX Ti GB G-P - -KR - Can get it right now Now obvious reasons the is most likely the best of the three but also the most expensive one I would like to know if it s worth waiting month and get the if not bottle necked by other components or get one of the s instead Current games I play are Dying light and the reason I need a new card is for future games such as Evolve Batman Arkham knight etc I want to be able to stay frames Other suggestion are very much appreciated Also if you could explain why I should get that card would be awesome nbsp

A:Upgrading graphics card for evolve and the future games

If you don't get the 980, you will only be kicking yourself later. That is if you are seriously considering it.

http://www.techspot.com/review/885-nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-gtx-980/page5.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-graphics-card-for-evolve-and-the-future-games.208598/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey!
I have an Acer that spontaneously decided I no longer needed to play games. Everything else works perfectly fine. It's been doing this for the past few weeks and I've done all that I can. I'm no tech wizard by any means and I need some help. Pretty much it'll open to the load screen for a few moments then disappear back to my home screen. Any ideas on what it could be and what I can do?

These are the specs:
Acer Aspire V5 Touch with Windows 8.1
Aspire V5-V561PG-9683
Model number: Z5WV2

If you need more info let me know, I still have everything for it.

A:Acer Aspire issues; Games no longer work

If you are talking about the games that are loaded by a app. You will need to uninstall the app. Then reinstall the app. I have no ideal why this happens . But I have seen it more then once.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-issues-games-no-longer-work.208471/
Relevancy 21.07%

How can I setup multiple monitor in Eyefinity?

My Card is Sapphire Dual-X R9 270x 2GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...DUAL-X_R9_270X_2GB-_-9SIA2RY1DG6402-_-Product I Have 2
Connections are I have 2 Monitors connected on 1 Card then 1 Monitor for the other
All of it are in DVI
Problem is in Eyefinity I don't know how to setup for it to be only one whole desktop

A:Setting Up Multiple Monitor with 2 Graphics Card in Eyefinity

I would check this thread out: http://goo.gl/4z2Azv

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-multiple-monitor-with-2-graphics-card-in-eyefinity.202756/
Relevancy 21.93%

I currently have a GT610 and I would like to upgrade my graphics card. Could someone recommend a decent graphics card for me? I play games such as: Tomb Raider, Arma, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and Skyrim. I've been looking at a GTX 750, but if someone has a better idea for a graphics card based upon my computer and games with a price rage of about $200 or maybe a bit more or less, that would be great.
Link to my computer:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8939446&CatId=114

A:Suggest a graphics card

GTX 960 or an R9 280X (might be $20 over). Those are your best performing cards for that amount. I'd go with the 960 for energy and temperature benefits though the temps won't be too much better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggest-a-graphics-card.208348/
Relevancy 21.93%

So I bought myself a new case the other day but when I was done putting in my graphics card, I booted my PC but I didnt get an signal and I have'nt done nothing wrong.

I have nVidia geforce gtx 550 Ti

A:Graphics card broken

Did you connect the 6 pin PCI-E connector from the PSU to the GPU card? Have you tried to remove the GPU and re-seat it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-broken.208307/
Relevancy 21.93%

I purchased a new i3 pc with asrock h81m-s1 plus motherboard.
But it is not detecting my nvdia geforce 9500 gt graphic card... It shows no display.. And in devixe manager also card is not listed

Please help

A:Not detecting graphics card

Make sure the system BIOS is not set to boot strictly with integrated graphics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-detecting-graphics-card.207840/
Relevancy 21.93%

I come here in need of some help I ve been troubleshooting this issue for quite some time and have not been able games goes while few a for seconds playing Screen black to find the solution on my own The issue Sometimes when I play games my screen Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games will go black at a random time for a a period of time sometimes only lasting - seconds other times lasting up to a minute and then recovers itself and I m able to continue playing The sound continues playing during the black outs but I have no control of my computer Can t see anything and cannot use commands like ctrl alt del Sometimes when my computer recovers from the black screen I can hear the fans on my GPU boost up to about I have setting in MSI afterburner to Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games increase my fan speeds as the temperature of my card goes up Sometimes when recovering from a black screen my fans will go up from to like Then it stays at for the remainder of the time until I reset my computer Once my computer is reset my card will run at the again Background and computer information This issue did not start happening until I installed and new graphics card and reinstalled windows The GPU was tested before I reinstalled windows and everything ran perfect no blackouts I reinstalled windows because I got an SSD here are my specs as of now CPU FX- MOBO Asrock Extreme RAM gb DDR and gb DDR SSD gb w windows installed on it GPU Radeon r upgraded from a radeon which ran perfect PSU w Corsair few last things to add that may be helpful - I have not experienced any black screens when using my computer and not playing games - I typically play low-end games like league of legends which aren t too intensive on the gpu - When I load into the UEFI my RAM displays as all sticks running at MHz Even though of my sticks are - my gpu has never gone over degrees since ive installed it so I dont think its an over-heating issue If you need any other information let me know and ill be happy to provide it Any help will be EXTREMELY appreciated I m going crazy right now because I can t figure this thing out lol Thanks so much - Nick nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds-while-playing-games.207781/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hello there,
You can't buy these any more, and there's nothing on ebay.
Anyone have any ideas or one to sell. please let me know!
-Lisa renee

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-control-pod-for-altec-lansing-fx4021-speaker-system.207745/
Relevancy 21.93%

So, I built a PC years ago and kept a few things from my old unit.
Sound and video card.
Sound card didn't work with the new system so I'm running it onboard. Sounds okay, but I'd like to update it!
Video card is beyond old. Just picked up SimCity for 10 bucks and it looks like crap. Has to play on low settings.

Here's what I have:
Core i7 950 running at 3.07
6MB Ram (thinking of going to 8 here)
64bit OS Windows 7 home premium

ATI Radeon 5450. (NOT HD) I've looked for the card online and can't even find a picture of it.

What should I be looking for in terms of a video card to last me for years to come?
Santa left me a nice check for Xmas so money isn't really an issue!

Here's a pic of the PC (graphics card is taken out from the missing PCIe slot)

A:PC needs some new parts (Graphics and sound)

Wow. Bestselling card on Amazon is $359.99
I wasn't thinking of spending more than $200...I don't game that much and just want a much-needed upgrade!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-needs-some-new-parts-graphics-and-sound.207740/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey guys my device is hp compaq 6200 pro microtower pc
serial no. : SGH125P585
n product no. : XL504AV

I have inbuilt intel hd graphics n no installed a external one n plannin to upgrade gpu
I have 320 watts of psu n plannin to upgrade to 550 watts

I have a pci x16(2.0) pci slot
but dont know whether it is low profile or full height ???

my pci bracket is 4.2" long so it must be a full height na!!!!!!
I wana know how much long graphics card my device can support!!!!

I wanna use a mid -range
msi nvidia gtx 750 2 gb oc ddr5

http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N750-2GD5OC.html#hero-specification

or
leadtek gtx 750 2 gb oc ddr5
http://www.leadtek.com/eng/product/1/697/intro.aspx
will
both d graphics card support my device?????

A:Graphics card issues

rockyrulz said:

I have 320 watts of psu n plannin to upgrade to 550 watts

I have a pci x16(2.0) pci slot
but dont know whether it is low profile or full height ???

my pci bracket is 4.2" long so it must be a full height na!!!!!!
I wana know how much long graphics card my device can support!!!!Click to expand...

I'd say yes you have a full height card. The half-height is only about 2 inches. If you upgrade your PSU to 550 like you said you would, I see no reasons why you couldn't run a 750. The 750's are not long cards and should fit in your case with ease.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issues.207671/
Relevancy 21.93%

GPU : GTX 750ti / 750 since this is a value oriented and energy efficient video card ( less fps but saves on power bills ).
Games : BF4 / far cry 4 and multiplayer titles.

A:Which cpu is overall better in value and fps results on modern games , i5 4460 or i5 4690k?

The I5 4690K would be better and should be able to be overclocked if u are interested in that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-cpu-is-overall-better-in-value-and-fps-results-on-modern-games-i5-4460-or-i5-4690k.207619/
Relevancy 21.07%

Not sure if this is better suited for here for the Alternate OS section, but here it goes

I have pretty much switched by computer to running just Linux. Almost never boot over to Windows. Only issue I'm having with it is the Radeon graphics drivers for my R9 290 seem to be arguing with Steam. I have read Nvidia cards propritery drivers work much better with linux.
So one of my work computers needs a graphics card upgrade and I'm thinking getting a good Nvidia card to replace my R9 290 and see if that fixes my graphics driver conflit issues.
Does anyone have any experiance with that and what would be a good card comperable to the R9 290 from Nvidia's end of things?

Thanks!

A:Nvidia graphics card running Steam on Linux

The Geforce GTX780Ti or the big boys would be the only way for u to go, that would be comparable. and I would have no idea on driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-graphics-card-running-steam-on-linux.207200/
Relevancy 38.27%

My graphics card previously got wet and frankly I don t know enough about computers in order to know what part to order for this How can I find the best graphics card for this system Or more simply can someone tell me what is the best card this system can support Information below Field Value Computer Operating System Windows Home Premium Home Edition OS Service Pack - DirectX DirectX c Computer Name STARFISH User Name Patrick Motherboard CPU Type DualCore system? for Best graphics card this Intel Pentium Best graphics card for this system? D MHz Motherboard Name Unknown Motherboard Chipset Unknown System Memory MB BIOS Type Unknown Communication Port Communications Port COM Multimedia Audio Adapter High Definition Audio Controller NoDB Storage IDE Controller Intel R G ICH Family Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - DF SCSI RAID Controller Intel R ICH R DH SATA RAID Controller Disk Drive ST AS Disk Drive WDC WD AAKX- ERMA Disk Drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB SM Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device Optical Drive TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S A ATA Device SMART Hard Disks Status Unknown Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard Standard PS Keyboard Mouse HID-compliant mouse Network Network Adapter Belkin Wireless Adapter Network Adapter Intel R PRO PL Network Connection Peripherals Printer Fax Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer USB Controller Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - C NoDB USB Controller Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - C NoDB nbsp

A:Best graphics card for this system?

Look for a model number printed on your motherboard, usually printed around the CPU area.

The info you provided only tells us you are using a Pentium D. Most likely an 820 (could also be either 915 or 920) but not positive. In any case this would be an LGA775 platform, which usually has a PCIe x16 slot. But without knowing the model number of the motherboard so we can check, I'm not going to swear on PCIe x16 support. I am leaning toward PCIe x16 support, since you stated having a graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-graphics-card-for-this-system.207505/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey all

My I-trigue speakers gave up the ghost the other day, so I bought a 2nd hand set of Creative A250 2.1 speakers from ebay for ten quid. These arrived this morning. I unboxed them to discover they were brand new: all the original packing, sticky labels, and box itself untouched. Impressed, I wired them up, plugged them in.... result was appalling. Deep hum as soon as I switched the speakers on by their rotating on/off/vol switch located on the right hand speaker. I have ensured all are correctly connected; checked the volume levels; ensured there is plenty of space between speakers etc to no avail. This kicks off immediately the speakers are switched on at the lowest possible volume.

Any suggestions gratefully received. I am running an Alienware X51.

A:Awful feedback coming from speakers

If you have a microphone connected, disconnect it or disable it and see what happens. If that isn't the problem, return the speakers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/awful-feedback-coming-from-speakers.207545/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a D945GCR MoBo.... does it have a Graphics card port?

A:Does my mobo have a graphics port?

Nick OZ said:

I have a D945GCR MoBo.... does it have a Graphics card port?Click to expand...

Yes it has, the motherboard in question has a "PCI-x16" which means that all and any new graphics card (GPU) should fit. However, you may want to check what power supply (PSU) you have since new GPU might require more power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-my-mobo-have-a-graphics-port.207195/
Relevancy 21.93%

I'm doing a simple build for my parents and when I boot it up the monitor doesn't respond. Everything is hooked up properly and I've tried a different monitor.
Processor - i3-3240 with hd 2500 integrated graphics
Motherboard - ASRock H61MV-ITX

A:Integrated graphics not working

Issue resolved. Sorry I dont know how to delete the thread

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/integrated-graphics-not-working.207495/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi Guys

I have a Dell latitude ES5500 which is a recon model
It works fine and on start up I hear the fan going. (so I don't think this is the problem)
All of the airways are clear.
When the laptop first arrived I could get 4-5 mins of video or game time before it shut off, it is now down to virtually straight away.
The laptop does not feel hot to touch either and when turned back on will perform any other function ie e mails word processing database and excel etc without a problem.
I can go on facebook and read post search the internet with no problems but as soon as I try to run a video or play a game it drops straight out.
I have to hold the button down to shut the laptop off and then it will restart with no bother.
This is fairly frustrating and I was wondering if anyone had any advice/ solutions to this?

A:Laptop keeps turning off when playing video's or games

It's worth installing HWMonitor or SpeedFan to check temperatures when you are playing video. My laptop fan doesn't kick in until the GPU temperature gets to 60c and it then drops rapidly to about 50c whereas your fan is working from start up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keeps-turning-off-when-playing-videos-or-games.207231/
Relevancy 15.91%

Error 0x4001100200001012 attempting to boot from the System Repair CD created on a Dell.

Apparently, this is specific to Dell and their Hack with DataSafe. You can use any System Repair CD generated on some other platform and it will give you access to restore your System Image. Google using that error code and you'll find lots of info. A Windows Install disk will work too.

I have a SR cd from another system and it works just fine :whew:

Don't get caught up a creek w/o a paddle - - if you plan on using a System Image to recover a system,
make sure you have the tools which will allow that image to be restored - - DON'T ASSUME!

background: I'm seeing SMART data that corroborates my laptop HD is degrading and I wanted to prove I could restore when the replacement arrives. As this Dell laptop is a pain to open up, I didn't want to go down in flames due to procedural errors or lack of familiarity. ( I'll never by another Dell )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/caveat-emptor-dell-system-repair-disk.207223/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all. Im after some recommendations/thoughts on a Graphics card to suit my current set-up.
Im basically wanting to fit a card that's as higher spec as I can go before the rest of my PC(CPU,RAM,MBoard) becomes a hindrance on its performance.
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz 39 °C
Wolfdale 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5G41T-M LX (LGA775) 43 °C
Graphics
VS248 ([email protected])
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series (XFX Pine Group) 49 °C
Storage
465GB SAMSUNG HD501LJ ATA Device (SATA) 42 °C
Optical Drives
SONY DVD RW DRU-840A ATA Device
HUAWEI Mass Storage USB Device
Audio
ASUS Xonar DGX Audio Device

A:Graphics card to suit

With Core 2 Duo, I'd say any current $150 card. Just make sure your PSU will be strong enough to power it (at least 400W). Anything less than 400W, and you should probably stick with $100 or less cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-to-suit.207045/
Relevancy 21.93%

I need help picking out the right graphics card that I want/need/ I have a Dell OptiPlex 745, the small-skinny one and I am really looking to stay within or under $100 but I want one that will run some decent FPS games smoothly, not hard FPS games like Skyrim and COD. I have a 2.4 processor, 4Gb Ram and 200Gb hard drive. Please help.

A:Picking the right graphics card

The motherboard you have has a PCI Express 1.0a slot. You will have to find a video card that will work in that slot, because not all Graphics cards will just plug in and play. Not all PCI Express 2.0/2.1/3.0 cards will work with the PCI Express 1.0a slot.

Also, you need to look at your PSU (Power Supply) and determine if you have one that will be able to power the additional Graphics card. The highest wattage one that is included with the Dell OptiPlex 745 is a 305 watt capacity (and the lowest is 220 watts). The specs for the EVGA GeForce GT 730 (this is right from the EVGA Website) states:

300 Watt or greater power supply with a minimum of 20 Amp on the +12 volt rail.****
PCI Express, PCI Express 2.0 or PCI Express 3.0 compliant motherboard with one graphics slot.
Windows 8 32/64bit, Windows 7 32/64bit, Windows Vista 32/64bit, Windows XP 32/64bit
Don't like giving bad news, but I would say no this will not work. I would not actually try to upgrade this computer, because you will run into limitations quickly on what you can do. If you are insistent on getting better graphics, I would look at older graphics cards that are low profile and do not require too much wattage to run.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/picking-the-right-graphics-card.206963/
Relevancy 27.95%

Now I know this question has been asked quite a few times but the results always vary and it appears really dependent on the hw So Recently I have been hearing an interrupted high pitched whistle from the case It is not too loud but interrupts when pitched High whistle PC coming from somewhere I need to ex read High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC something and concentrate It is not a singular long beep High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC but series of small beeps When I opened the case I tried to High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC listen where it goes from it does not appear to whistle from the electric source and CPU Graphics Net card Motherboard are too close to each other to properly determine I tried to listen with a straw but it always appears to emanate from someplace else when using this method I tried to dust everything firm the screws nothing helped The issue started about two or three weeks back I purchased the PC about a year ago and the user have not reported anything similar the last change was adding a new CPU fan about four months ago The Rig Mobo ASUS M N -AM SLV CPU AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor CPU Fan Coolermaster Hyper Evo Ram x GB PC AM Vga AMD Radeon FDD in apacer sln HDD seagate GB sln E C Cdrom DVDRW LG sln Advice very much appreciated nbsp

A:High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC

That noise could be either:

FAN
HDD
PSU

Is this system OC = overclocked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-pitched-whistle-coming-somewhere-from-pc.206833/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi,

I bought a laptop this time 2 years ago. Suddenly wile watching a hd film in bed my laptop over heated and then crashed. So I waited then booted up again and now my good graphics card is not working
It is not being detected in device manager at all. Does anyone know how to fix this?

some details on laptop and graphics card. cost me a good bita dosh so would like to get it fixed
Chassis & Display Vortex Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core?i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3840QM (2.80GHz) 8MB
Memory (RAM) 32GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card AMD® Radeon® HD 7970M - 2GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11

A:Laptop Graphics card suddenly not detected

Ouch if the laptop over heats and shuts down and not recognized again it could actually be physical damage to the video card. Another way to test if the video card has completely failed is by plugging an external monitor into the display port on the laptop. It could connect via hdmi, vga, or possibly display port. If a picture appears on the monitor then it could possibly be software related if you dont see a picture the video card has failed for sure. If it has failed you will more than likely have to replace the motherboard. In rare chance the video card may not be intergrated to motherboard but I doubt it. If you know someone that could whats called (re-flow) the video card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-graphics-card-suddenly-not-detected.206677/
Relevancy 12.9%

I replaced the mobo on my Dell 5510. Purchased from Dell. Sticker on mobo says BIOS ver A05. About every other day I get blue screen and physical dump of memory. My system info says my BIOS ver is A07. How do I go about changing BIOS? Is it as simple as pulling battery for 15 seconds? Some have offered this suggestion but I get a little worried at "friends" advice.

A:Replaced MOBO on Dell 5510 BIOS sticker on MOBO says A05, system in still has BIOS of A07

Removing the battery won't change the BIOS version. You need to download the version you require from the Dell site. From Windows you "flash" the BIOS. Take your time preparing for this. If anything goes wrong you will wreck your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-mobo-on-dell-5510-bios-sticker-on-mobo-says-a05-system-in-still-has-bios-of-a07.206391/
Relevancy 21.93%

I recently bought a HP Pavilion 500-319a pc which has a 64 bit graphic card. I've also just bought a flight sim game that says it needs 128 bit.
Have I wasted my money or will the game still work on my PC?

A:Graphics card upgrade

It sounds like you are getting your specs crossed up. can you link to this game?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-upgrade.206034/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have an AMD Sapphire 6950. It is about 2 and one half years old. I have noticed in the past few months that when I am playing games it makes a resonating noise.

Even a simple game like League of Legends, a game with low demands, causes my card to make this noise.

Thoughts?

* I periodically clean my case so there is no dust build up.

* Here is the exact sound: If what this guy says is true this will be my last Sapphire card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-else-have-issues-with-the-fans-on-sapphire-cards.205642/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hello, and thank you in advance.

I'm building a computer for my Dad, and need help choosing the CPU/motherboard. He will only use it for internet browsing, email, youtube, office etc. No gaming whatsoever.

I'm assuming a CPU with built in graphics is best. I've only built higher end gaming machines, and know very little about integrated graphics.

So my question is, what is the best cpu/motherboard combo that isn't overkill for a simple system like this?

A:CPU for a non-gaming system

I will assume there are no CPU intensive application. And with the assumption make a statement that there are no PC configurations today that will not suffice for these needs.

Anything with dual cores or more should be fine for these needs. If this wasn't the case, people wouldn't be buying tablets for the same purposes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-for-a-non-gaming-system.204662/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello,

I'm really new to the tech/ computer world, and know next to nothing about graphics cards. I was wondering if someone could help me figure out what graphics card I can upgrade my computer to (if I can upgrade at all) I was wanting to buy the new Sims 4 game, but after having played a very slow and choppy Sims 3 for years on this computer, I'm ready to actually play a game smoothly without it freezing all the time.

Here's what computer I have:
Compaq Presario PC SR5601P
Processor: AMD Athlon X2 4400
Dual-Core Processor
Memory: 1 GB
Hard drive: 250 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Graphics
Windows Vista SP 1

Thanks!

A:Unsure of what graphics card my computer can upgrade to

Sims 4 System Requirements & your PC system results

For Sims 4 according to the link above, your CPU GPU and memory is lacking for even the minimum system specs. We can recommend a GPU, but that's not all you need if you plan on playing Sims 4. And if you get a stronger GPU, chances are you will also need a stronger PSU. If 300W's is all you have for power, you are limited to sub $100 graphic cards. Which would be fine for Sims 4, but then you also have a CPU and memory that needs upgrading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unsure-of-what-graphics-card-my-computer-can-upgrade-to.205298/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a Dell Optiplex 745 desk top form.ik it isnt THE best comp, but im wanting to upgrade the graphics card and power supply if I have to. just dont know where to start QQ inoob... any help would be appreciated ty

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: OptiPlex 745
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 2.6.4
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.4

A:Graphics card(s) for Dell Optiplex 745

Current power supply wattage and budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-s-for-dell-optiplex-745.200179/
Relevancy 21.93%

I'm new to the world of graphics, I have the following motherboard and specs on my pc:

DELL VOSTRO 260 INSPIRON 620 DESKTOP MOTHERBOARD GDG8Y CN-0GDG8Y

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
Intel(R) HD Graphics 64MB 1.3GB
3.0 GB RAM
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
HARD DRIVE: 450.9GB with 350.2GB free.

I'm trying to play Aion Free to Play (server based game) I've run the 'can you run it?' test on my PC and everything is fine expect my graphics as they are on board graphics. it recommends an NVidia GeForce 780 GT or AMD Radeon X1800 XL or better. I haven't been able to find either of these as they seem to be fairly old.

based on the specs and details provided can anyone tell me what is the best card I cant get that my machine will run and that will play the game.

many thanks
Leafeon

A:Graphics Help Needed

Any new $80 card or better will do just fine. Just make sure your power supply is strong enough to support the card you get.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-help-needed.204975/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi first off ill let u know what im dealing with for specs...

Windows 7 ultimate - emachines el1333g amd processor 1800mhz
integrated nvidia geforce 6150

just added - radeon x1300/x1500 256mb

I installed the radeon and hooked up dual monitors via splitter

Now my questions are about using the integrated graphics as well.

Can I enable the integrated nvidia to use a 3rd monitor? I believe I can thru bios, but am nervous about bios.
Would enabling it help system performance even if not using a 3rd monitor?
Would enabling it help system performance if I used 1 monitor per video card instead of both thru the new radeon?

Thank you in advance
Dazz

A:New to graphics cards...couple quick questions

dazzbazz said:

Can I enable the integrated nvidia to use a 3rd monitor? I believe I can thru bios, but am nervous about bios.Click to expand...

I'm going to say no.

The reason I say that is unless you can connect the onboard graphics in SLI/Crossfire, the moment you insert the dedicated card, the onboard graphics will be disabled. Since you have nVidia onboard and inserted an AMD card, I know SLI/Crossfire is out of the question. But who knows, I could be wrong because I definitely don't know it all.

I will say making BIOS changes is not damaging. If you make a change that keeps the machine from posting, you can always pull the coin sized battery to default all the settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-graphics-cards-couple-quick-questions.204863/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi, I just installed a gigabyte ga-z77x-d3h into my system (i5 3570), and even after reinstalling windows the computer is very glitchy, it takes ages to come on, freezes, and usb devices don't work half the time.

I'm thinking it's a dodgy motherboard. Any ideas?

A:System is very glitchy after installing new motherboard

Actually my first post was wrong, (this is someone else's computer) reinstalling windows fixed the glitches it just pauses on the windows logo for about five minutes before booting up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-is-very-glitchy-after-installing-new-motherboard.204643/
Relevancy 37.84%

My System Specs

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer MSI
System Model MS-7641
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD FX(tm)-4170 Quad-Core Processor, 4200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V17.10, 10/08/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.98 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.32 GB
Total Virtual Memory 16.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 11.4 GB
Page File Space 7.98 GB

I would like to get this graphics card http://www.dabs.com/products/asus-g...rage - Graphics, TV Tuners and I/O - Graphics will my system be able to handle this?

A:Graphics Card How Good Does My System Need To Be?

While it can handle it, it will be greatly bottlenecked by the CPU. Also, we need to make sure your PSU can handle it, so if you can post your full system specs including the PSU, HDD, motherboard,etc., that would great.

You can probably upgrade the CPU to an 8350 since it uses the same socket. But you may need to apply a BIOS update. BUT, before we get ahead of ourselves, please post full system specs like said above. Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-how-good-does-my-system-need-to-be.204430/
Relevancy 28.38%

I am thinking about purchasing this motherboard,
http://www.microcenter.com/product/422559/FM2A88X_Extreme6_FM2-FM2_A88X_ATX_AMD_Motherboard

But I am not sure how to tell if a video card is compatible.

Here is the card I want,
http://www.microcenter.com/product/...adeon_R7-260X_2GB_GDDR5_PCIe_30x26_Video_Card

I realize the PCIe 3.0 will fit to the motherboard, but I do not know if it will be compatible.

I do not understand the difference betweeen DDR3, DDR5 and GDDR5.

Thanks for help!

A:What video cards will support this?

Yes, those two items will be compatible with each other.

DDR3 & DDR5 are VRAM types and GDDR5 is a motherboard RAM identification.

For the future, you can go >>here<< and all your parts to see if there will be any issues with compatibility.

But keep in mind that there can be other compatibility issues such as the graphics card being too long to fit in the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-video-cards-will-support-this.204230/
Relevancy 28.38%

Just recently, my laptop suddenly became mute. This occurred while I was watching a video. My laptop put itself to hibernation or something, because it was running out of battery life. After I recontinued my session, I had no sound at all. I've tried several attempts to fix this, but to no avail. When I plug in my earphones and try to hear from them, they work perfectly fine, but when I unplug them, everything becomes mute.

If anyone can, please help.
I have a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6005 with Windows 7 64-bit.

P.S.
Attached to this post is a summary generated by CPUID PC-Wizard.

A:No sound coming from my laptop

Hi Sunaru,

With your headphones unplugged, does your volume meter in the tray icon area (bottom right) indicate volume at a reasonable level? Sounds like the drivers are working OK, might be something simple hopefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-coming-from-my-laptop.189213/
Relevancy 22.36%

So I built a PC, and while playing some games, mainly action games like crysis, saints row 4, bioshock infinite and far cry 3, after about five minutes of game play the screen will stutter, then the audio will keep playing over a black screen. It doesn't happen in other games like Xcom or starcraft, and I really want to fix this issue so any advise is more than welcome.

Specs: Z87 Asus Pro Motherboard
GTX 760 GPU
Corsiar 850 watt powe
r 2X 4 gig sticks of Coarsiar ram
black caviar western digital hard drive
124 gig samsung SSD

A:Games are losing video

(I don't own any of the games you mentioned.)

for troubleshooting purposes:
1. since this is an NVidia card, try to update driver package to 337.88 (or latest).
do normal installation of NVidia driver pack or clean installation if you want it.
GeForce experience (part of NVidia driver pack) can also download automatically any game profile for supported games.

2. launch one game at a time and select lower resolution, less game details. if the problem disappears, then the game details is set too high that the video card cannot cope up. if the problem is still there, then troubleshooting continues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-are-losing-video.203446/
Relevancy 21.5%

So I've got a mostly custom built pc, its motherboard has everything built in(Graphics.etc) but im looking to upgrade to this for graphics:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/HIS-iPower-DLDVI-I-Graphics-H280XQMT3G2M/dp/B00FNHVUTA#productDetails
I have two questions:
1. I have a 500w psu currently, will I have to upgrade, and by how much.
2.how will I take of the built in graphics on the motherboard.

And also, are there any reccomendations for a better psu

A:Power Supply Vs Graphics Card

Product Description
Technology:GDDR5 SDRAM, Size:3 GB, Bus Width:384-bit, Effective Clock Speed:6.4 GHz, Width:4.2 cm, Depth:31.1 cm, Package Type:Retail, Height:15 cm, Cables Included:1 x DVI-VGA adapter, Peripheral / Interface Devices:Two 8-pin power connectors, Required Power Supply:750 WClick to expand...

your link clearly states that a 750w PSU is required.

you can use any of these online power supply calculators:
newegg(store) calculator(power supply requirement)
outervision calculator

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-vs-graphics-card.203398/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all I no the title of this topic maybe hard to understand, basically im in the market to be upgrading from z77 to a newer z97 board, I have a few in mind that range from $180 all the way to $400, and when it comes down to it, it is the pci express lanes. I'm currently running dual 7970s and I noticed a lot of motherboards run 2x8x with dual video cards but some boards will run at 2x16x, so I was just seeing if anyone can tell me if theirs a big diff between running 2x8x and 2x16x with crossfired cards. thanks a bunch!

A:Dual 16x vs dual 8x pci e motherboards for graphics cards

No real difference.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-16x-vs-dual-8x-pci-e-motherboards-for-graphics-cards.203321/
Relevancy 22.36%

Since my friend is too stressed as well as not the type to go on places like this I am asking for him He has a AMD Athlon II P Dual-Core Ghz laptop with gigs of ram and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series GB the thing is Laptop issues has playing games years old Well he has been having issues with games and since I own Laptop has issues playing games a desktop I only know so much about what its really capable of Anyway he wants to play games like Warframe War thunder and not need to lower the settings all the way just to in some cases barely play Also seems he cannot run Just Laptop has issues playing games cause Now another friend I talked to briefly said sounds like something is eating his resources but again only know so much about laptops So is it his CPU video card ram or is it all the junk that might be on his system He did note that his laptop does seem to run hot and with only one fan vent it coudl be the reason for all I know he said an I quote here quot its hot enough to melt the glue of the foot pad in the corner and cause my hand to sweat quot he would love to get a desktop but sadly funds for him are quite limited nbsp

A:Laptop has issues playing games

It is quite obvious that the problem is temperature and I also think that laptop doesn't meet the recommended specification requirements of the games he wants to play.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-has-issues-playing-games.203314/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everyone,

I have an Hp Pavilion that I got about 2 years ago and I do play games on it. One game in general which is League of Legends. My concern is that if anyone knows about this game during teamfights when the computer is operating extensively because of all the action going on I always frame lag. My frames drop only during fights. When nothing is happening my frames are okay. As well other programs on my computer run slowly now as well like windows media player and just when I'm starting programs up on my comp. This happened now so long ago and it was a sudden change. I don't know what to try anymore. I have reformatted my comp and still the same issue. Help would be much appreciated thank you.

A:Hp Pavilion Dv7 FPS drop during games

The HP Pavilion could be over-heating. After years of use, the CPU's thermal pads and paste become hardened and this causes the CPU to run hotter and hotter causing game play to suffer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv7-fps-drop-during-games.203061/
Relevancy 21.93%

I would like to upgrade my graphics card, but have no idea about how to pick out an upgrade. My system, custom built, is an AMD Athlon(tm) 64X2 Dual Core Prosessor 6000+ 2.99 GHz 2GB of Ram. My motherboard is a MSI K9A2GM-FIH. I have a 500GB Hard drive and 600W power supply. My MB will support 1 PCIe x16 and PCIe x1 slots. I have a Nvidia GeForce 8400GS graphics card, atm, but I want to upgrade to the best my system will support. Please keep in mind that I will, also, be increasing my Ram to 4GB and hope to be changing my OS to Windows 7 in the near future. I have looked online, but all the technical stuff that they write about the graphic cards goes way over my head. I, also, use this computer for gaming. New games coming out for the Windows 7 platform that won't be for Windows XP. Gotta move on up. I know some will tell me to just buy a new system, but when you live on a limited income, upgrading is the best I can do. Thanks for your time and input.

A:Upgrading my graphics card

What's your budget? USA?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-graphics-card.202612/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi

Recently I have been getting this weird problem, when playing some graphically demanding games, my pc blacks out for a few seconds then comes back, and sometimes this happens continuously while playing. So I don't know what is actually the problem as I think I have a fairly good pc, please help.

PC Specs:
CPU Intel i5 2550K 3.3Ghz
RAM: 8gb
GPU: Gainward GTX560 Ti 1gb
PSU: Corsair 550w

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-blacks-out-when-playing-graphically-demanding-games.203153/
Relevancy 21.93%

I am a noob at upgrading and installing parts in computers Card Upgrade Graphics I bought a gaming computer from amazon and it has been running quite well so far but I intend on upgrading the graphics card Maybe paying some-one to do it for me as I have no knowledge what so ever on how to install remove a graphics card Current PC Graphics Card Upgrade Specs that I know of Processor AMD Quad Core Graphics Card ATI HD Power Supply According to the Seller v watts As you can see I do not know much about my computer But here is a link to the product that I bought from Amazon http amzn to kaSsXv ------------------ I play games like COD Ghosts COD Modern Warfare GTA V When and IF it comes out on PC Garrys Mod WoW Portal and other high end graphics games - Overall I need a recommendation on what graphics card to buy and would it both run and fit in my computer I live in the UK and my budget is aprox Sorry if I have either posted this in the wrong thread or if I am not giving enough information Please inform me if you require more info EDIT I found some information about my computer from the amazon link here is some Product Details Processor Brand AMD Processor Type AMD BULLDOZER Quad Core Processor Speed GHz Processor Socket SocketAM Processor Count Memory RAM Size MB Computer Memory Type DDR SDRAM Hard Drive Hard Drive Size GB Hard Drive Interface Serial ATA Additional Drives DVD -RW Graphics Graphics Card Description ATI GB HDMI VGA CARD Power Supply According to the Seller v watts nbsp

A:Graphics Card Upgrade

With that budget and 500 watts, you should not be too limited in your purchases. One thing you need to check is if your Power Supply has a set of 6 pin connectors or 8 pin connectors because sometimes on the pre-bought machines they do not have too many.

Here is what I would recommend if you have at least 2 6 Pins available:

Highest
R9 280 £175
or
R9 270X £140

Those would both be excellent cards with the 280 being the best and the 270X being right below it in terms of performance. Both would be a huge step up from an HD 5450.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-upgrade.202882/
Relevancy 21.5%

This is the link of my motherboar....... http://vr-zone.com/articles/xfx-unveiled-intel-g31-based-xg31i-board/6218.html?doc=6218

I want to know whether I can use a DDR3 Graphics card on my DDR2 motherboard and if its certain to work. Please provide detail and whether it'll be compatible.

A:Can a DDR3 graphics card run in a DDR2 Motherboard?

The DDR2 slots on the motherboard refer to the desktop RAM sticks. GDDR3 on a graphics card doesn't make any difference, it's the connector (PCI Express 2.0 probably) that slots into the mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-ddr3-graphics-card-run-in-a-ddr2-motherboard.202813/
Relevancy 21.93%

I need to buy a new graphics card. The fan went out on my old one, tried to fix, but it didn't help. Went online to get another card like the one I have, but it seems to be obsolete. So I figured I would just upgrade, but don't know how to figure out what I need. My system specs are as follows:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @3.40GHZ; Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1; 8GB ram; Terabyte HD.
I do have a PCIe x16(2.0) slot, a 500W power supply. My MB is a Biostar H61MHB, my ram is 2DDR3. My system was built by CyberPower. Looking for a graphics card between $100-$200. Thanks for your help.

A:Need Graphics Card help

This will be at the top of your range in terms of performance and price, but its on sale and comes with a 3 game bundle
R9 280 XFX

If thats two high, here are my alternative suggestions.in order of power.

R9 270X MSI Gaming
Gigabyte GTX 750ti

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-graphics-card-help.202631/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi there
need to know if I can upgrade my graphics card for upgrade to windows 7.
current graphic card:ati radeon 9200 se 128mb ddr tvo
computer :fujitsu siemens scaleo 600
motherboard :microstar ms-6585 2.oa
power supply:dc output 250w
thanks so much.
learner1

A:Graphics card update to host windows 7

I don't know if you CAN upgrade your graphics card, but:

You most likely don't NEED to.
It's not really a good idea to upgrade at all. Those parts are old as dirt and you won't find anything cheap that'll fit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-update-to-host-windows-7.202568/
Relevancy 22.36%

I used to run games on my laptop great until something happened with the bios and my laptop had to get wiped and windows reinstalled. I used to be able to play games like Skyrim at 60fps on high settings, now with lowest settings I can't get it to run at 5fps. Any advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Specs- (Razer Blade Pro)

Processor -
Intel® Core? i7-4700HQ Quad Core
Processor with Hyper Threading
2.4GHz / 3.4GHz (Base/Turbo)

Memory
8GB Dual Channel DDR3

Graphics and Video
Intel® HD4600
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX® 765M
2GB GDDR5, with Optimus Technology)

Storage
128GB / 256GB / 512GB SATA III SSD

A:Games lag after laptop incident

Can you give details of what happened with the bios and why you had to re-install Windows? What is the exact model of your laptop? Did you attempt to fix it or did someone else?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-lag-after-laptop-incident.202336/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi, my relatively new "HP ENVY TouchSmart m7 Notebook PC" has been having crippling lag while playing video games. The lag slows the computer down to about 0.2-0.5 frames per second, and slows the audio down to match the video speed (which produces a grinding sound). This lag happens every 10-45 seconds depending on how long the computer has been running. Some help would be appreciated.

A:Grinding audio/video lag during video games (CPU related?)

What antivirus program are you using? Is the notebook fully updated using Windows Update? Are you running Windows 8.1?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/grinding-audio-video-lag-during-video-games-cpu-related.201939/
Relevancy 21.5%

I just bought a

Amd A6 6400k apu

ecs a55f2-m4 motherboard

kingston hyperx 4gb 1600 ram

and I installed all drivers but even when I try to open solitaire it says no suitable graphics device found.

A:No suitable graphics device found

Which graphics driver and version did you install?

AMD Catalyst 14.4

32-bit Catalyst Software Suite
64-bit Catalyst Software Suite

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-suitable-graphics-device-found.202170/
Relevancy 21.93%

My friend is interested in purchasing a new graphics card for his quite old PC, he has a 300W PSU which we determined and he has about £70 to spend. He will be buying the card from amazon.co.uk. Currently I am thinking he should get a GT 640 because that way he shouldn't need to upgrade his PSU. Also he has just 3 SATA power ports free and we are planning to purchase two of these to make the power to molex and use a spare adapter I have which goes from 2 molex to a six pin GPU connector, which is needed for the graphics card. It is makeshift but I see no reason why it won't work also he plans to play dayz, rust, cs go etc. Will he be able to play the listed games even if it is just at low?

A:Friend's graphics card

hopgop1 said:

My friend is interested in purchasing a new graphics card for his quite old PC, he has a 300W PSU which we determined and he has about £70 to spend. He will be buying the card from amazon.co.uk. Currently I am thinking he should get a GT 640 because that way he shouldn't need to upgrade his PSU. Also he has just 3 SATA power ports free and we are planning to purchase two of these to make the power to molex and use a spare adapter I have which goes from 2 molex to a six pin GPU connector, which is needed for the graphics card. It is makeshift but I see no reason why it won't work also he plans to play dayz, rust, cs go etc. Will he be able to play the listed games even if it is just at low?Click to expand...

If I were you, I would avoid anything below a 650 mostly because the scaling drops off a cliff after that point. At your price point of 70, I would suggest the following while keeping within your 300Watt Spectrum.

Try one of the following:

HD 7770 £71

Or if you want to go lower on price

HD 7750 £61

The performance difference from a GT 640 is way above (In many cases double the performance on the HD 7770) it. The GT series below 650 just scale down to low to be decent gaming cards. You should be well within your 300 watt spectrum because these cards use 140 watts (Give or take) which is pretty close to the GT 640 watts (About 130).

To give you a quick example, look at this benchmark chart. Thats only including the HD 7750 but the performance difference is significant!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/friends-graphics-card.201538/
Relevancy 16.34%

I m officially out of ideas and I m hoping you kind way of operating notebook system No on installing folk here could help me out I have a Hp notebook whose hard disc I formatted while transfering data from it to my computer so I could do a fresh OS When I returned the hard disc into the notebook I found No way of installing operating system on notebook that I could not install Windows by any medium I tried plugging in an external DVD reader and installing windows like I did the first time on this notebook but No way of installing operating system on notebook it would not read from the device BIOS recognises it only as USB LEGACY SUPPORT When I tried installing windows from an USB like I did many times on my computer the screen would freeze when I pressed any key to No way of installing operating system on notebook boot from USB I tried changing USB ports for the devices I used it did not help and I tried changing USB memory sticks from which I booted but alas no success I don t know if there is a way of transfering the files from the dvd onto the hard disc make it bootable somehow and then install the OS on the hard drive the same one I also tried installing other OS using the same methods Windows and XP but have had the same problems P S I haven t tried preinstalling a system on the hard drive on another computer and then inserting the HD into the notebook hoping it would boot I tried that once on a comuter and have had no success Please do help cheers nbsp

A:No way of installing operating system on notebook

Does this help ?
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...all-Windows7-on-HP-2140-using-USB/td-p/301650

or this ?
http://www.suren.net/2010/03/11/installing-windows-7-off-a-usb-drive-on-an-hp-mini-2140/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-way-of-installing-operating-system-on-notebook.200793/