Windows Support Forum

windows 7 anytime upgrade from starter to home

Q: windows 7 anytime upgrade from starter to home

My laptop has windows7 starter installed. i have purchased anytime upgrade to home premium but it won't install. The product key is recognised. Microsoft doesn't seem to offer any support without payment. can anyone help ?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: windows 7 anytime upgrade from starter to home

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: windows 7 anytime upgrade from starter to home

Do you get any type of error messages?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-anytime-upgrade-from-starter-to-home.1009266/
Relevancy 85.56%

Can anybody figure out what you get here:
Microsoft Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade, Starter to Home Premium GBP 61.-
Is it fully functioning OS. why such a weird product title?
Is it crippleware you have to pay extra to upgrade to the cheapest Home Premium?

A:Microsoft Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade, Starter to Home Pr

I think the link is messed up (if it was a link)...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/32677-microsoft-windows-7-anytime-upgrade-starter-home-pr.html
Relevancy 84.63%

So I recently bought a product key for Windows Anytime Upgrade, so I can get rid of Win7 Starter on my netbook and get Windows 7 Home Premium. I start the Anytime Upgrade software and it works great, but fails as the upgrade gets around 90%, at which the upgrade process "fails" and restores the OS to Windows 7 Starter. I've looked at a few guides that gave solutions, but I've had no luck. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get this working?

The only thing I can find in the upgrade log that looks suspicious is:

Error: WAU | Failed to create WAU event due to error 0x5

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get this to work? Thanks.

(I will give more infos if needed)

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade Failure; Starter to Home Premium (32 bit)

Try rebooting to run it again to see if it corrects itself.

Next try a clean boot: In msconfig>Startup uncheck everything (add AV back later), then do the same in msconfig>Services after Hiding all MS services. Reboot several times to make sure nothing sneaks back in, or turn it off in its Program Preferences or Uninstall it. One more reboot, try AU.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/194466-windows-anytime-upgrade-failure-starter-home-premium-32-bit.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi all I have been wanting to upgrade my laptop from win7 home to pro for a while and now final going to get it done,
The product key which I am planning to use is from MSDN Academic Alliance Software Centre see link: AUT SCMS Microsoft Product Key Distribution Centre
Can I use Windows anytime upgrade with this key...I don't want it falling,
It's most likely a volume license and I know enterprise won't work with WAU and they are also volume licenses

Many Thanks

James

A:[SOLVED] windows anytime upgrade on volume license windows home to pro???

Do you have serial number for WIN 7 Pro also did you download and burn to your cd as an ISO file. I mean is it ready for installation.?

I had XP and i download same website win7 pro and i am using 3 computer very fine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-anytime-upgrade-on-volume-license-windows-home-to-pro-580266.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I'm quite sure this is not illegal since the upgrade is automatic and happens without a choice.

I had starter on my netbook and tried upgrading it by using the app on the OS itself but failed.

One day I was searching for TV tuners and came across Media Portal. During the course of the installation it tells you it is better to have windows aero enabled for "tear" effects. I dismissed the dialog and installed it.

I check the OS later and voila it's upgraded, apps such as windows media center and all games like chess titans etc came out of nowhere. Also all the themes etc. I checked SYSTEM and found the OS name changed to home premium from starter.
Try it !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-starter-to-home-premium-upgrade.1071727/
Relevancy 82.13%

I have a Samsung Netbook which came with Windows 7 Starter and I am finding that I miss the extras of Home Premium Retail which installed on my Desktop PC. I have the Home Premium installation disk which I used, but as far as I am aware it is a single use licence.

The Anytime Upgrade is available on the Samsung, but at a cost of ?70 from M$.
Is anyone aware of a more cost effective (legitimate) method?

Having Googled for it, I come up with this:
Microsoft Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade, Starter to Home Premium (Licence only): Amazon.co.uk: Software.
Anyone know of anywhere better?

A:Upgrade Windows 7 Starter to Home Premium

Yes, buy the home premium family family pack- you'll spend more initially but you'll get 3 retail licenses @ about $50 each.

If you do decide to do that, save an image of your starter install first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/147171-upgrade-windows-7-starter-home-premium.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I'm trying to find out the easiest way to go about upgrading from Windows Home Premium bit to Windows Ultimate bit and what issues I might run into I don't want to reinstall everything Or anything if possible so am looking for the easiest option to upgrade Anytime upgrade offers the upgrade at a bit expensive I found a seller on ebay selling quot Microsoft Windows Ultimate -Bit Full Digital Download Key quot for a lot less He has about feedback at My question is can I use the key from this and enter it into the 'Enter an upgrade key' Premium Ultimate reinstall? Upgrade Anytime from or Home - to Upgrade box during the Anytime Upgrade Will I run into problems doing this Alternatively I could get a copy of Ultimate from Digital River burn it to Upgrade to Ultimate from Home Premium - Anytime Upgrade or reinstall? a disk or thumb drive use the key from the ebay seller above and try to do an 'upgrade' install over the top of my current Windows Home Premium install I don't know if this is even possible Any suggestions are welcome Thanks

A:Upgrade to Ultimate from Home Premium - Anytime Upgrade or reinstall?

The best way for any install is ALWAYS a clean install. Believe me you will have less problems and headaches than an upgrade. It would be worth your while to reinstall your software.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/348440-upgrade-ultimate-home-premium-anytime-upgrade-reinstall.html
Relevancy 78.69%

is it possible? will my license key be the same? or my future OS will be fake or pirated?

i bought a new netbook with windows 7 starter OS. but im not satisfied with this OS.

thanks for the help!

A:upgrade my windows 7 starter to windows 7 ultimate/professional/home

Stop making double threads, you already asked and got answered in the other subforum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/115166-upgrade-my-windows-7-starter-windows-7-ultimate-professional-home.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Want to upgrade Win 7 Home Premium 32bit to Pro 32bit so that, among other things, I can do backups to a network attached storage device. Anytime Upgrade tells me it is no longer available.
Home Premium was installed from a Reinstallation DVD for Dell PCs (I have a Dimension 5000) and I still have the DVD and product key from when I installed and registered it.
Is there still a way to upgrade (legally of course) or would I need to buy a Pro DVD (or download it) with a new product key and do a clean install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/381333-7-home-premium-upgrade-pro-still-possible-without-anytime-upgrade.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi Everyone - New here. I've searched and haven't seen this addressed specifically, so any help will be appreciated.

I currently am running win 7 home premium upgrade. I purchased this upgrade and have the media. I also recently purchased win 7 professional upgrade. Both versions are 64 bit. I'd like to 'change' from my retail copy of home premium to my retail copy/key of professional. Any suggestions on how I can do this without a clean install?

Can I simply 'enter new key'? Can I enter an "anytime upgrade" key? Can I do an upgrade in place using the Win 7 Pro media?

Thanks,
Jeff

A:Change from Home Premium to Pro without Anytime Upgrade

Hi

This may be of help:

using a upgrade key with anytime upgrade

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...nytime-upgrade

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/53279-change-home-premium-pro-without-anytime-upgrade.html
Relevancy 77.4%

After I got the anytime upgrade from Home Premium bit to Pro I am having problems W will occasionaly hang on boot up and I have to pull the plug to get it to reboot It will not recognize my Android phone in the USB ports and I have to use a different computer to copy stuff to the Android I only have the upgrade DVDs for W Home Premium so I installed it using the quot install twice quot trick I guess my question is Should I reinstall it using the new CD key I got when I paid for the anytime upgrade Or should I install it with the original key and then do the anytime upgrade again Should I wipe the SSD drive clean and start over doing the quot install twice quot If I do that should I use the upgrade 64-bit to Home after with W7 Pro from anytime Problems Premium upgrade key or the original one Should Problems with 64-bit W7 after anytime upgrade from Home Premium to Pro I forget about the pro version and just stick with the home premium My Home premium version is the family pack upgrade that lets you install on computers However to license it it wouldn't let me do it unless I said quot one quot when the recording asked me how many computers Crazy Intel i on Asus P X D Premium motherboard GB RAM GB SSD OS drive TB Data drive Nvidia Geforce GTX video

A:Problems with 64-bit W7 after anytime upgrade from Home Premium to Pro

Toc,

You only have uprade win7 home premium as your base OS? Or did you mean you have the upgrade for pro and the regular DVD for Home premium?

If that is the case, you can try a clean install with an upgrade version: Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/205430-problems-64-bit-w7-after-anytime-upgrade-home-premium-pro.html
Relevancy 77.4%

For a recently purchased PC, am considering purchasing a "Windows Anytime Upgrade" from Home Premium 64 to Utltrimate 64
Search of these forums indicate that there have been problems with this upgrade. But, could not find many such posts after late Summer of 2008.

Has anyone done such an upgrade withing the past 2-3 months, and if so, were any problems encountered?

SP1 came pre-installed, and some of the early 2008 "problems encountered" posts mentioned that SP1 was not on the Upgrade CD. Can anyone confirm that SP1 is now on the Upgrade CD?

Thank you.

A:Anytime Upgrade - Home Premium 64 to Ultimate 64

I have the same question exactly. I am thinking of an upgrade from Premium to Ultimate but my research indicated lots of confusion and problems. I have Vista 64bit Home Premium with SP1 pre-installed.

Besides wondering about whether the Upgrade comes with SP1 preinstalled I am wondering what this will do to my existing premium system (i.e. will it be "upgraded" leaving my minimal configuration intact or will it effectively be like a clean install ? )

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/213331-anytime-upgrade-home-premium-64-ultimate-64-a.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I am in the middle of another windows nightmare right now I just purchased an anytime upgrade for my laptop and desktop both OEM bit home premium to Ultimate and rebooted and everything was fine on both However I noticed that some elements of Windows were missing The Local Security Policy was not there and would just bring up an error I went on to Microsofts Technet help pages and found a fix for missing local security policy after anytime upgrade It was a regsvr command that reregistered all day next prem. Upgrade Successful Anytime Ultimate, Home to problems of the windows dlls This seemed to fix the problem on my laptop and as I went through the control panel and administrative tools everything seemed to be there I then installed the new version of Vmware Workstation and the Successful Anytime Upgrade Home prem. to Ultimate, problems next day new virtualbox and rebooted because virtualbox needed it for networking and it would just boot to a black screen I tried a system restore I tried using my macrium reflect system restore disc worked in the past by rebuilding the boot configuration I also tried my windows bit system repair disc and none of them changed anything- still booting to black screen after the windows splash screen I have an OEM factory restore disc set but there is no repair option on the HP disc set so I did not use them normally any problems booting are fixed by my macrium reflect boot disc or my windows repair disc that I had made from within windows Strangely my recovery partition was no longer recognized by Windows and I had no other repair options during boot up besides safe mode which also booted to just the black screen only Thank God I had a system image from August th which I have just resorted to restore but I am very nervous as it is stuck at after verifying install So that is still going on my laptop and I am on the desktop which has the following problems now No windows Backup And restore When I try to access Backup and Restore I get the error The page failed to load inside a blank box This worked before the anytime upgrade It seems on both computers that the anytime upgrade was successful but screwed up some key parts of windows and now I am mad that I did not perform a full backup and system image immediately before and after the anytime upgrade I can not find any other posts about people performing a successful anytime upgrade and then rebooting to a black screen after about a day This is making me want to warn anybody with an OEM computer that anytime upgrade may mess with the system - I can not think of any other reason for these problems Does anybody have a similar experience or some information on how I can fix this backup and restore error and also fix this local security policy error I am afraid that the regsvr command is what left my laptop unbootable

A:Successful Anytime Upgrade Home prem. to Ultimate, problems next day

Well if bootable, I would give this a go.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Also verify in the system window that it did in fact upgrade properly and is now calling itself the proper version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/253284-successful-anytime-upgrade-home-prem-ultimate-problems-next-day.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello,
I bought a netbook a while back with Windows 7 Starter.

I had an extra upgrade key of 7 Home Premium from one of those 3 pack family upgrades so I upgraded the netbook and put the key in.

I want to reformat the netbook back to Windows 7 Starter and just use it's original Starter key it came with. Home Premium bogged it down too much.

My question is...

Is there a way I can reuse the upgrade key of 7 Home Premium on another computer or did I waste the license by putting it on the netbook?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Mogoamerica

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-starter-to-home-premium-back-to-starter.1092964/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi there, i have the upgrade for windows 7 home premium, a member of the household has recently brought a netbook which has windows 7 starter. I am wondering if i connect an external dvd drive to the netbook, if i can do an easy upgrade to home premium on this netbook?

thanks

A:Upgrade from Starter to Home Premium with Upgrade DVD?

You can do any Anytime Upgrade for which you just need a key, you dont need any disk or external dvd drive.

How to Upgrade Your Netbook to Windows 7 Home Premium - How-To Geek

Windows Anytime Upgrade - How to

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/182347-upgrade-starter-home-premium-upgrade-dvd.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I want to upgrade my wifes netbook to Home Edition Its running Windows Starter I know how edition Home a using from upgrade starter Upgrade to use the Anytime Upgrade but I have a Family Pack Windows Home Edition Upgrade Retail box disc I have only used one of the upgrades of the family pack Can I use another to upgrade the Starter netbook or do i have to by an Anytime upgrade Seems like i should be able to but it also seems like the upgrade is meant to be from just xp or vista not a lower end window version Also how would i do it if i can Can i simply change the product key or do i have to insert a disk and run the whole upgrade If i do Upgrade from starter using a Home edition upgrade have to insert disk and run the upgrade will i have to do a clean install Plus while typing this i just realized her netbook doesnt have an optical drive so what about that too Just want to get these questions answered Upgrade from starter using a Home edition upgrade before i even bother attempting it I Upgrade from starter using a Home edition upgrade would hate to think i could just change the product key and go about my business cause thats never the case and everything always turns into a few hours of work thanks for the help and i just registered here because im getting back into windows im mainly a mac but i think im both now so hello

A:Upgrade from starter using a Home edition upgrade

Welcome to the forum,

You can just use one of the upgrade keys you have in Anytime Upgrade, no need for the disk.

It will just unlock all the features, reboot once or twice and you're there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/182085-upgrade-starter-using-home-edition-upgrade.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I upgraded this lunchtime from Windows 7 Starter to home premium via the Windows Upgrade Advisor which said my netbook was compatible, I carried out the upgrade via the windows upgrade advisor. It worked fine for a while but I was having trouble trying to set up my LAN and wireless connection to work together in order to get onto xbox live via BT Openzone. After a while the advice from the microsoft website was to carry out a system restore, so I did and used the recommended date, however on trying to restore the ugrade failed and reverted back to windows 7 starter. Tried again and had the same issue. Please help.

A:Upgrade from starter to home premium failed.

Quote: Originally Posted by Chris1982

After a while the advice from the microsoft website was to carry out a system restore,

A System Restore or a System Reinstall?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/155415-upgrade-starter-home-premium-failed.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm about to buy a new laptop from Costco with Win 7 Home Premium. On my old (now smashed) laptop I have a Win 7 Ultimate install. Can I just use the Ultimate serial key to do the Anytime Upgrade on the new machine? I keep reading that I need to buy an "upgrade key."

Thanks

A:Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade with non-upgrade Ultimate license?

Hi,
You will need an upgrade key to initiate the ultimate download, but if you can manage to obtain an ultimate installation cd your serial should work, also if you use this winisoutils - Windows ISO Disc Image Utilities

you can change a windows install cd (if you have one) into a universal edition one, very handy.

to answer your question an upgrade key is not the same as a serial, the upgrade key is just to download the installation while the serial activates it, and a serial from one edition will not work with a different edition.

hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/222145-windows-7-anytime-upgrade-non-upgrade-ultimate-license.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello.

i got a problem, i'm trying to upgrade my Windows 7 home premium to windows 7 ultimate.

i have checked, and i have Laptop to upgrade.

the problem is, i entered wrong key. and when i click "windows 7 anytime upgrade" again
it goes straight to the verifying KEY.

Can Someone please help me?

A:need help! Windows 7 anytime upgrade.

Maybe it would help if you try to retrieve the key:
https://windows.getmicrosoftkey.com/

Sorry if this does not assist - worth a try though. Perhaps someone else might have more advice.
Do you mean that you have entered a completely different key or just made a mistake with the correct one?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/139380-need-help-windows-7-anytime-upgrade.html
Relevancy 68.37%

i already have windows seven on my computer and on windows anytime upgrade
i entered in my serial code for win7 and now it says that i can upgrade but
what am i upgrading i already have win7

A:windows anytime upgrade

What version do you currently have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/74093-windows-anytime-upgrade.html
Relevancy 68.37%

What is Windows 7 anytime upgrade? Is it worth the price, which is about half of the normal upgrade from home premium to professional?

A:Windows 7 "Anytime" upgrade?

Here's the gist of it: you pay Microsoft for an "Anytime Upgrade" product key, enter it into your computer, and your version of Windows 7 is magically transformed into the version you bought the upgrade to. It's as simple as that.http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...anytime-upgradehttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...anytime-upgradehttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...asked-questionsIf it's cheaper than a regular upgrade, then yeah, it's better to do it that way.Does that answer your question?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289102/windows-7-anytime-upgrade/
Relevancy 67.51%

My brand new computer is currently running windows 7 home edition. I have windows 7 ultimate, enterprise, and professtional DVD, all bootable, with legal keys not used yet (from UNI) (2 keys for each edition).

My question is can I just enter the CD key and upgrade without any need to install or clean install. or do i need to go the long way; backup,install,restore?

Thanks in advance

James Anderson

A:windows 7 anytime upgrade question?

No, you have to install in order to enter the keys.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-anytime-upgrade-question-490125.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I confirm that you can windows anytime upgrade from Home Premium (even not yet activated) to Professional using Digital River product key (of course for Professional edition).

The process takes less than 10 minutes and you don't need the Professional or Anytime Upgrade DVD. All the installed programs are intact.

A:Use DigitalRiver Pro key for windows anytime upgrade

Thanks

how can you get Pro key ?

I have home 7 key .. student edition .. but I am unable to find pro key .. to upgrade my win ..

regards,

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/34973-use-digitalriver-pro-key-windows-anytime-upgrade.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Bought new computer with windows vista home basic already installe. windows anytime upgrade cd came with. does this mean I can upgrade without buying? am new at the computer game and a lot I dont know

A:Windows Vista Anytime Upgrade

Yes but what is the spec of your machine.
Spec means I want to know the following:
Make
Model
OS
Ram
Hard Drive
DVD-RW
CD-RW
Etc.

Also which version of Vista will you be upgrading to, is it Home Premium or Ultimate.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/119579/windows-vista-anytime-upgrade/
Relevancy 67.51%

I'm thinking of upgrading from 7 Professional to 7 Ultimate. I'd really like the ability to boot from a VHD. I've heard that Starter, Home Premium, and Professional, are all the same as Ultimate, they just have alot of features locked. Is this true? I'm also aware that an upgrade to 7 from Vista could bring system instability/slower performance, and I'd like to know if there are any risks by using WAU. Thoughts?

Edit: After reading my post, I realize what I said might confuse some of you. I'm not wanting to upgrade from vista, I don't have vista. I was using that as an example.

~TA

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade. Risks?

You are correct, all the versions are the same with some of the features locked, this is what makes the anytime upgrade possible. I hve heard that the locked features are just unlocked. If the anytime upgrade is an actual upgrade, hwever, rather than just unlocking features, I do not think that this would affect performance in any way. Problems arise when going from a version such as Vista and then upgrading, especially if the original has been used for a while. All the bugs virus etc, will carry forward to the new OS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/52188-windows-anytime-upgrade-risks.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello all I recently canada anytime upgrade windows purchased an upgrade from windows home prem to Windows ultimate i simply right clicked on quot my computer quot --- quot properties quot ---then clicked on the upgrade windows button i think it said quot windows anytime upgrade canada try a new version of windows quot or something like that ON the website it took me too i chose to upgrade to ultimate paid with my credit card got a reciept emailed to me with the product code and updated no problem week later i tried to do the same with my laptop and was told that the site was ofline or something like that and to try again I then inputed the same key as i purched for my main computer not thinking it would work and to my surprise it did and i downloaded ultimate for my laptoop as well The next day i tried to purchase a product code again and now i cannot seem to find where to go When i go to anytime upgrade for canada it doesnt give me an option to buy just compare sometimes i get brought to the USA website where i can purchase it but i have no option to enter a canadian address in the address section In fact if i do a search for anytime upgrade i always get brought to the US site and not the canadian one I deleted all my cookies that i can tell with windows cleanup i also checked my language settings in both windows and internet exporer and they are both set to canada I dont know why i could download it one day and not the next any ideas thanks

A:windows anytime upgrade canada

Quote: Originally Posted by dlar76

Hello all, I recently purchased an upgrade from windows 7 home prem(64) to Windows 7 ultimate(64). i simply right clicked on "my computer"---"properties"---then clicked on the upgrade windows button(i think it said "try a new version of windows" or something like that.) ON the website it took me too i chose to upgrade to ultimate, paid with my credit card, got a reciept emailed to me with the product code and updated...no problem.

1 week later i tried to do the same with my laptop and was told that the site was ofline or something like that and to try again. I then inputed the same key as i purched for my main computer not thinking it would work and to my surprise it did and i downloaded ultimate for my laptoop as well. The next day i tried to purchase a product code again and now i cannot seem to find where to go. When i go to anytime upgrade for canada it doesnt give me an option to buy, just compare. sometimes i get brought to the USA website where i can purchase it but i have no option to enter a canadian address in the address section. In fact if i do a search for anytime upgrade i always get brought to the US site and not the canadian one.

I deleted all my cookies that i can tell with windows cleanup. i also checked my language settings in both windows and internet exporer and they are both set to canada.

I dont know why i could download it one day and not the next.

any ideas

thanks

Try going to history, by clicking favorites. You can get a listing by date or alpphabetically of sites visited. I think that you can do the inplace ingrade only once per machine. I further think that if you just use and enjoy your laptop, after 30 days you will get a notice that your number was incorrect. You will get a number to call and get a correct number.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/45521-windows-anytime-upgrade-canada.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Currently I've got Win 7 HP on my laptop and I want to upgrade to Professional. If I upgrade to Professional and say, later on I choose to format my system. Would I be able to start from scratch and install Win 7 Professional with the key I buy today ?

Thanks

A:Question about Windows Anytime Upgrade ?

You can make a clean install with an upgrade disk (highly recommended in any case): Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

Besides, I would make an image after the initial installation - and also later. That is a lot less painful: Imaging with free Macrium

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/143008-question-about-windows-anytime-upgrade.html
Relevancy 67.51%

For anyone considering a Windows Anytime Upgrade like from Home Premium to Ultimate I did this exact upgrade myself The upgrade took approximately hours and there were no warning messages The promo for the upgrade says it will upgrade your OS but leave your files and settings intact Not entirely true Once the upgrade was completed my login screen came up The first thing that I noticed was wrong was my quot true quot administrator account was not an option I had previously made it active and was an option with Home Premium No problem my personal log in was an Windows Upgrade - Caution Anytime administrator level access so I clicked to log in it accepted my password then went to a screen which took several minutes saying quot preparing desktop quot When it was done I got a message that my original profile was not available and that I had been given a default or temp profile My entire desktop was missing Then one of my central tools for system protection took a dump Windows Live OneCare In particular the firewall was non-functioning It took numerous trouble shooting steps and some downloaded software from Microsoft to Windows Anytime Upgrade - Caution get Live OneCare working properly again Ok I had made a limited backup from before the upgrade thank you know who I went to restore the files from the backup which it did But my c users name where my backed up files went to was not where my quot new quot profile was being stored My new profile was being stored in c users name machine name So I had to manually copy the files folder to folder from where the backup put everything to where my new profile was being stored Recovering my desktop was interesting Many of the icons where copyable from the start menu which had most of the programs intact Others I had to dig into the location of the program and make a shortcut to put on the desktop A few programs did need to be reinstalled and there was a minor loss of data One other thing with my original Home Premium set up when I clicked into one of my programs it would run fine With my new desktop now many of my programs are complaining that they need administrator access So I right clicked the shortcuts and under compatibility selected run as administrator My system is now back around - It required several hours to restore most of my operating desktop But I shouldn't have to do that The anytime upgrade should have done what it was advertised to do Upgrade your OS leaving your settings alone If you are thinking about doing an anytime upgrade consider what I had to do hours for the upgrade itself hours to make everything work properly again Plus the price of the upgrade itself Had I known I'd have to jump through all the hoops just to get some extra features I probably wouldn't have done it My Home Premium was stable and working fine It was the interest in having all the bells and whistles that got me into trouble My

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade - Caution

Always I think make a fresh installation is the best choice.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/146440-windows-anytime-upgrade-caution.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Okay so I am a college student. I bought a windows anytime upgrade key for Home Premium to Professional. I need it for the classes I am taking. Only when I enter the product key it validates then I press upgrade and a few seconds later it says it was unsuccessful. Following that it says that my key doesn't work for windows anytime upgrade and to enter a different code. The key is specifically for upgrading through windows anytime upgrade from Home Premium to Professional. I am quite frustrated

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade to Pro Fail

Nevermind. I went to restart my computer to try again, and it started upgrading. After I ran dxdiag to make sure it is now Windows Professional...

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/250989-windows-anytime-upgrade-pro-fail.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey I Computer Upgrade on Anytime Windows New recently purchased this great new computer for once it's the one now in my system specs but it came with Windows Home Premium -bit I owned an upgrade copy of Professional so I input the product key into Anytime Upgrade and I was running Professional in a few minutes But now Windows is trying to activate and it won't accept the product key I have typed it several times now and I do not think there are any typos So I tried to upgrade again this time from the disc and the upgrade failed probably because it would essentially be quot upgrading quot to the same version it already has So in short I am now running a copy of Windows Professional installed from Anytime Upgrade using the product key from a standard upgrade disc which is going to expire in days because Windows Anytime Upgrade on New Computer it suddenly won't take the key Is there any way I can extricate myself from this mess or do I just need to contact Microsoft and work out the product key situation with them Thanks - Phil

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade on New Computer

I reckon your best bet is to phone them and explain. I think they will OK it there and then.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/56164-windows-anytime-upgrade-new-computer.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,
I have a question regarding upgrading a Windows 7 OS using a keycard purchased. I purchased a keycard last summer and upgraded my Windows 7 OS from Home Premium to Ultimate using the Windows Anytime Upgrade feature in the Control Panel. How many systems can I use this keycard on? I see no limit anywhere on the card or the small box it came in, and I see nothing about there being a limit in the Windows Help.

I am hoping that I can use it on more than 1 PC because I was recently given an HP Mini (netbook) from a friend and it has Windows 7 Starter on it which has almost no features to it whatsoever.

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade Question

Unfortunately, you can only use it on one computer.

If you wish to upgrade another computer and still use the one that you've upgraded, then I'm afraid you'll need to buy another product key.

However, you can use your existing upgrade product key on another computer if you uninstall it from the original computer.

I agree that Windows Starter is an abomination. Your cheapest way would be an anytime upgrade to Home Premium.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/219076-windows-anytime-upgrade-question.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have Vista home premium 32 bits and I have buy a Windows Anytime Upgrade to Vista Ultimate online. I'm waiting for my cd order.
I have one question. With the update to Ultimate do you know if I will receive a CD with 32 bits version and an other with 64 bits version?
I want upgrade to Ultimate 64 bits....

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade to Ultimate

If you have 32 bit, you will get another 32 bit CD unless you specifically asked for a 64 bit CD.

Also, you cannot "Upgrade" from 32 bit to 64 bit - The internal engines of the two are completely different. You *CAN* order a 64 bit Ultimate CD from Microsoft, no problem. But going from 32 to 64 requires a clean install.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/120955-windows-anytime-upgrade-ultimate.html
Relevancy 67.51%

OK, so I had a look around the forums and found plenty of topics on WAU, but they didn't answer my question.

I'm about to go buy a netbook with Win7 Starter and I was wondering if I would be able to use one of my Technet keys to upgrade to Home Premium. Anyone know?

Thanks,
Brian

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade with Technet key

Should be able to. I have used a Student Upgrade key to do an Anytime from HP.

Unfortunately, even though I have posted several times, no one has given me any feedback about whether it worked for them. I am the only one I know of who has tried it, and it worked for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/84737-windows-anytime-upgrade-technet-key.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi all I am having problems getting a computer upgraded from Windows Professional x to Windows Ultimate x The Windows Anytime Upgrade application is not in the start menu nor does it exist in the system folder I believe it is called quot windowsanytimeupgradeUI exe quot in System I have tried planting the EXE into system but it will not run properly as I believe some DLL's are missing Please see this thread on Microsoft Answers made by X N whose problems are identical to mine http social answers microsoft com - f c a e f Suffice to say I have tried the solutions suggested on the thread to no avail I understand Not Anytime 7 Upgrade- Windows Installed? that the problem was not resolved on Microsoft answers but I really cannot afford to reinstall the OS on this machine and was hoping TSF would pull together for me on this one I am hoping that we can either get a resolution to the problem OR if somebody could tell me what exe's dll's etc are used by the Windows Anytime Upgrade program I can try to get this working installed I am tech savvy so obviously I have tried all of the most obvious solution to the best of my knowledge Any help would be much Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade- Not Installed? appreciated thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade- Not Installed?

Please tell us what you are trying to do with the Anytime Upgrade that you could not do with a copy of the Retail/OEM DVD and an Ultimate Product Key.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-anytime-upgrade-not-installed-510599.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I'm not sure if this is a trick question or if I just can't find the answer (and Lord knows I've Googled it!) because it's so simple.

If I'm upgrading a computer running Windows 7 Starter to Windows 7 Ultimate using the aforementioned Windows Anytime Upgrade, how much more additional hard drive space do I need, if any?

Any help / links, feedback from folks who may have done this, would be & will be greatly appreciated.

in the technological weeds,

Winterland

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade question

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor is a program that you can download and run on your computer to find out if you have the necessary hardware to use specific features of a particular edition of Windows 7. To download Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor, go to the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor website. The download is about 5 megabytes.     

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496724/windows-anytime-upgrade-question/
Relevancy 67.51%

Ok upgrade Windows 10 Upgrading to Anytime We have four laptops in the house I only want to upgrade our son's Fizzbook Spin to Windows and keeping the others on Windows The Fizzbook Upgrading Anytime upgrade to Windows 10 Spin came with Windows starter Rather than Upgrading Anytime upgrade to Windows 10 do a clean install of Windows Home Premium I did any anytime upgrade which has its own licence key The reason for this is you can't get hold of the drivers for the quirky educational software it comes with and the upgrade went smoothly and improved its performance no Upgrading Anytime upgrade to Windows 10 end So my question is - can I do an upgrade to Windows We have not received the upgrade icon but I have a copy of Windows bit burned to usb drive As I understand it if you haven't already downloaded the Windows upgrade thereby registering your computer with microsoft you can install from the dvd usb but need your Windows Product Key to be able to register activate Windows Does anyone know if this will work with an anytime upgrade of Windows Home Premium please And also which product key do I use The original Windows Starter one or the Windows Anytime Upgrade one Which is not described as a Product Key but as an upgrade key I can't do a clean install for the same reasons as above - wouldn't be able to get the touch screen and so on working again Thanks Either that or could I just find somewhere to download the Windows upgrade In case you're not aware of the Fizzbook spin it's a quot netbook with an Atom processor similar to an Eee PC might even be an Eee Pc with added software and has a package of Intel educational software a touch screen and pen

A:Upgrading Anytime upgrade to Windows 10

It should be OK as the system is running Windows 7 Home premium with a valid license. but due to the relatively low spec of the system you may have issues

all the basic information for the upgrade and options is here...

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

I would advise running the upgrade adviser as it may well be that the drivers and the actual educational software may not work with Windows Ten. I would also advise you do a complete backup, (disk image and Data ) before you do anything

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/383333-upgrading-anytime-upgrade-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi all

I have a brand new laptop with Home Premium x64 on it. I have purchased a Windows Anytime Upgrade to Pro. When I go to perform the upgrade, it validates the key fine. I accept the EULA, and then click upgrade. After a minute I get a generic message saying the installation failed try again. No error messages etc.

I did some research and made sure system restore was on, disabled AV software, uninstalled diskburner software (nero), etc. I performed windows updates (though I am still not on SP1 since I am also having issues getting past a certain KB, another thread
issue with kb2487426

the folks there suggested starting this thread to just go straight to pro and avoid the update issues... Any help would be appreciated. BTW -- I don't have a CD drive on this laptop so if I need to boot from a disk...

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade Fails

If you don't get help soon I'll see if I can find someone.

Good luck.
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/161141-windows-anytime-upgrade-fails.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Greetings!

To: Advanced Users and Members

I made this thread for open source workarounds related to Windows Anytime Upgrade was not successful. Due to when you encountered this problem the system would not give any error code to start with isolating the problem why it fails.

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade was not successful

What are the main reasons to consider when performing WAU was not successful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/169492-windows-anytime-upgrade-not-successful.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have got myself into a bit of a mess.

I installed my version of windows starter on my mom's PC which was previously running vista. To see if it improved the performance or if the laptop itself was rubbish. It did so I purchased an upgrade to windows home premium. When I enter the upgrade key it says I need the current key is invalid for upgrade and that I need to phone a number. Does this mean the software I brought is useless. I didn't want to buy a disc as I had read that using a upgrade key meant everything was kept. Is there anyway I can use the software I've brought. The computer recognises the key as an upgrade one.
Thanks.

A:Windows upgrade starter to premium current key not valid for upgrade

Quote:
I installed my version of windows starter on my mom's PC which was previously running vista.

You can not use the Windows Starter from your Notebook on your mother PC.
Doing so would be a invalid upgrade.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/307006-windows-upgrade-starter-premium-current-key-not-valid-upgrade.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I inherited my Dell PC from my mother in law.  She did not remember having the product key (she was 80 years old) and I could not obtain her e-mail history to search there.  How can I enter the product key?  Somehow it was deleted from the
computer because it no longer is retrievable by searching through the registry.

The PC has a windows XP sticker on it, but she has always had Windows 7 Ultimate.  I believe whoever set up the pc back in 2010 must have completed the complimentary upgrade when the computer was set up.  Is it possible to obtain a product key
to reestablish the genuine Microsoft status and stop the error notice from popping up?

Thanks,

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/767b1f33-e639-493b-91ea-40ded369dc7f/dont-have-product-key-for-windows-7-ultimate-anytime-upgrade?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a Windows Home Premium commercial version, which came with an Anytime Upgrade icon in the control panel. In my brilliance I moved the icon to invisible using Tweak 7. Now I cannot find it because it says it is disabled, and I must use it to upgrade to Ultimate, which I just purchased. I suspect it is somewhere in the computer, and has had a registry entry which has disabled it from being used, and Ultimate will not install except by use of WAU. Can anyone suggest how I can retrieve the use of it?

A:Lost my Windows Anytime Upgrade icon

Try doing a system restore to see if it fixes it...

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/86259-lost-my-windows-anytime-upgrade-icon.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,

I recently bought an Asus G53SW laptop for college for my college course, and it comes with Windows 7 Home Premium. The thing is, today they told us that we needed Windows 7 Pro for our course (for domain stuff and XP mode).

The thing I am wondering is, since I have another Windows 7 Pro Retail key laying around (oldest of my computers died), does this work with anytime upgrade, or it really has to be an upgrade key?

All I could find on google was about upgrade keys and not retail keys. Please let me know if retail can as well.

Thanks

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade - Simple question about key

It can be done, but you may need a registry hack to make it work. Basically you go into the registry where the OS is listed as "Home Premium", edit it to say "Professional", then do a repair install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/195341-windows-anytime-upgrade-simple-question-about-key.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I was told by someone speaking about an issue i had that this is the case I have bought a small netbook for traveling and stuff and i got Home Premium to upgrade to and in the start menu as soon as i booted up the netbook for the first time it showed windows anytime upgrade I did that on Sunday and just yesterday i start getting issues Desktop Manager Wireless Services keeps crashing upon startup for about mins Computer won't wake from sleep it goes to a black screen and just shows the cursor also does the same for restarting it won't restart w o forcefully shutting it off There is a recovery partition on the harddrive that i can recover back to Basic but should Upgrade Corrupting Windows Anytime Files? i risk it and then upgrade again On top of that everytime im on my internet browser with windows media player open and Windows Anytime Upgrade Corrupting Files? listening to music songs constantly skip if im doing something other than just listening to music with WMP open Any help I've updated the drivers for video and sound

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade Corrupting Files?

So after you upgraded to Home Premium, you started having these problems? What was the laptop running before you upgraded? Netbooks tend to have lower speed components, so it may be possible that your netbook doesn't have the power to run Windows 7.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-anytime-upgrade-corrupting-files-573230.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Ok We have four laptops Upgrading upgrade Anytime 10 Windows moved - to in the house I only want to Upgrading Anytime upgrade to Windows 10 - moved upgrade our son's Upgrading Anytime upgrade to Windows 10 - moved Fizzbook Spin to Windows and keeping the others on Windows The Fizzbook Spin came with Windows starter Rather than do a clean install of Windows Home Premium I did Upgrading Anytime upgrade to Windows 10 - moved any anytime upgrade which has its own licence key The reason for this is you can't get hold of the drivers for the quirky educational software it comes with and the upgrade went smoothly and improved its performance no end So my question is - can I do an upgrade to Windows We have not received the upgrade icon but I have a copy of Windows bit burned to usb drive As I understand it if you haven't already downloaded the Windows upgrade thereby registering your computer with microsoft you can install from the dvd usb but need your Windows Product Key to be able to register activate Windows Does anyone know if this will work with an anytime upgrade of Windows Home Premium please And also which product key do I use The original Windows Starter one or the Windows Anytime Upgrade one Which is not described as a Product Key but as an upgrade key I can't do a clean install for the same reasons as above - wouldn't be able to get the touch screen and so on working again Thanks Either that or could I just find somewhere to download the Windows upgrade In case you're not aware of the Fizzbook spin it's a quot netbook with an Atom processor similar to an Eee PC might even be an Eee Pc with added software and has a package of Intel educational software a touch screen and pen

A:Upgrading Anytime upgrade to Windows 10 - moved

It should be OK as the system is running Windows 7 Home premium with a valid license. but due to the relatively low spec of the system you may have issues

all the basic information for the upgrade and options is here...

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

I would advise running the upgrade adviser as it may well be that the drivers and the actual educational software may not work with Windows Ten. I would also advise you do a complete backup, (disk image and Data ) before you do anything

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383333-upgrading-anytime-upgrade-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello folks I've been trying to upgrade Windows no longer Anytime Upgrade works? -Pro x machines to Ultimate using Windows Anytime Upgrade and I get through the st step of my name and address most of the time and sometimes I even get to where I put my payment information in but then I get and error saying to close Anytime Upgrade and try again Once I saw a different error saying that the selected option is no longer available I called the help number and the Microsoft employee said Windows Anytime Upgrade is no longer available I can't confirm this and it seems strange that you would still be able to select it and enter payment information and such He told me my only options were to buy a full-version of Ultimate and do a clean install or buy Windows Pro and clean install that The web site still indicates it's available http windows microsoft Windows Anytime Upgrade no longer works? com en-US windows help videos upgrade-to-another-edition-of-windows- -by-using-windows-anytime-upgrade Anyway can anyone confirm that Windows Anytime Upgrade no longer works I need to use bitlocker on these two systems and don't want to do clean installs Thanks

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade no longer works?

Quote:
I called the help number, and the Microsoft employee said Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade is no longer available. I can't confirm this, and it seems strange that you would still be able to select it, and enter payment information and such. He told me my only options were to buy a full-version of 7 Ultimate, and do a clean install, or buy Windows 8 Pro and clean install that.

A full, upgrade or AnyTime Upgrade key will work in AnyTime Upgrade, no need to clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/299378-windows-anytime-upgrade-no-longer-works.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello, I'm new, I hope I'm posting in the right section. Please forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

Anyway, I want to know how to get a upgrade disc so I can upgrade my computer to Vista Ultimate x64, I got an anytime upgrade pack some time ago and forgot about it until yesterday, I found the case & key but the CD/DVD is missing. I need a replacement and so far Microsoft is of no help.

Can someone help me?

A:How do I get a windows vista anytime upgrade disc?

Hello, go to start, all programs. accessories, click on the Welcome Center, then open up the Upgrade window .

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/293543-how-do-i-get-windows-vista-anytime-upgrade-disc.html
Relevancy 67.08%

So way, way, way back when... when Microsoft was offering presale Windows 7 disks to university students I purchased mine online.

I recently had to reinstall the OS due to a failing hard drive but I just now noticed, on the original disk (OE from MS, complete with hologram, etc) it says, "Includes Windows Anytime Upgrade".
Also I just noticed in the System information window under Windows Edition it says, "Get more features with a new edition of Windows 7". From there it takes me to another window to enter the key. This is a different key than the original installer key.

My question is, how do I get this key? When they say "Includes Windows Anytime Upgrade", do they just mean Microsoft just gives you a handy link to purchase a key???

A:Help retrieving Windows Anytime Upgrade Key from OE disc

No install files needed.
Only the Upgrade key is need.
Anytime upgrade only adds-on the Programs & Features from version to version.

If you have not use your upgrade, you will find your key in the email from the university students purchased.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/270916-help-retrieving-windows-anytime-upgrade-key-oe-disc.html
Relevancy 67.08%

when hit the start button and go to windows anytime upgrade it takes me to a control panel page. the page only has 1 option and that don't work. after some research i found out it was discontinued. Is there something out there that replaces it. I'm trying to upgrade windows vista to windows 7 ?

A:windows anytime upgrade gets me to a web site that doesn't w...

Windows Anytime Upgrade is no longer available for online purchaseWindows Anytime Upgrade is no longer available for online purchase in your country or region. To move up to an edition of Windows with more features, visit your local retail store or visit Windows.com. PropertiesArticle ID: 15045 - Last Review: Nov 9, 2016 - Revision: 20

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/windows-anytime-upgrade-gets-me-to-a-web-site-that-doesn-t/td-p/5849451
Relevancy 67.08%

Windows has an Anytime Upgrade option to upgrade to Features 8 replaced to Anytime Add Upgrade - Windows a higher version of Windows In Windows it has been replaced by Add Features to Windows in Control Panel There are three versions of Desktop Windows - Core Pro and Pro with WMC When RP was released it was the Pro version and MS supplied another key to add WMC and this was done through Add Features to Windows It got me to thinking which can be dangerous I installed Windows Pro from TechNet and then it got dangerous I went to the leaked link from here and found the PRO with WMC key I pushed ahead and entered the key into Add Features to Windows and after two quick reboots I had WMC installed and working great My screen had a watermark which said I was running Windows Add Features to Windows 8 - replaced Anytime Upgrade Pro with WMC The bad part is it would Add Features to Windows 8 - replaced Anytime Upgrade not activate and said that key was BLOCKED OK that's fine as it was a leaked key and MS blocked it I have reinstalled my TechNet Windows Pro and it is activated I am installing all my software and tweaking my system Now my next great thought On Oct I will buy a copy of Windows Pro with WMC Update for and use that key in Add Features to Windows to do a fast upgrade In theory this should work but its too early to tell Any thoughts Jim

A:Add Features to Windows 8 - replaced Anytime Upgrade

Hello Jim,

Yes, you should be able to either buy Windows Media Center directly through Add Features, or enter the key number for WMC through Add Features when it's working.

I'm not certain yet of exactly how the steps will be for just entering the purchased number, but I would imagine that it would be similar to how it was in the tutorial below for the free preview of WMC in the W8 RP.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...e-preview.html

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/8491-add-features-windows-8-replaced-anytime-upgrade.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi everyone,
I am currently on Windows Vista Home Premium, and I was just wondering if I could use my Windows Vista Home Premium Anytime Upgrade disk to restore my hard drive after wiping it.

Thanks,

Cousick

Relevancy 67.08%

Getting ready for Windows 7 and in checking my computers I found that on my pc (Dell pre-loaded Vista Home Premium) I do have the 'Windows Anytime Upgrade' option in my start menu, however on my laptop with Vista Ultimate that option is nowhere to be found even though on the installation CD it states that the option is included. Prior to posting this I found on another forum the statement "You will not have the "Anytime Upgrade" option if you have Vista Ultimate, but you might still have the folder on your hard drive. Take a look around for it." I don't understand, can someone please explain?

A:Missing windows anytime upgrade option

Ultimate is it. Nothing higher. That seems right.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/256197-missing-windows-anytime-upgrade-option.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I want to install a retail copy of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on a laptop that came with OEM W7 Home Premium x64. I have dozens of applications installed and don't want to do a clean install. But when I select "Upgrade" after running the setup program (within the running Home Premium installation), I get a message that says I must exit and select Windows Anytime Upgrade which directs me to purchase a new product id. I've already purchased two copies of Ultimate and don't want another. Is it possible to do an upgrade without Anytime Upgrade? Thank you.

A:Upgrade without Windows Anytime Upgrade

Yes, you can insert the Ultimate Product Key into Anytime Upgrade and it will unlock the extra features just like an Anytime key: Windows Anytime Upgrade - How to - Windows 7 Forums

I would save a Win7 backup image first of Home Premium so you have an easy path back if you decide you want to use your Ultimate Product Key elsewhere - retail keys can migrate anywhere you want for life as long as they're only installed on one machine at a time.

Likewise save a Win7 backup image of Ultimate after it's unlocked to use in place of reinstalls so you don't have to double reinstall: Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/225426-upgrade-without-windows-anytime-upgrade.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I've been sitting on a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate for about 6 months since I have no use for it so I figure I might as well use it if I can by upgrading one of my HP or Pro machines, but will it even work?

A:Can I perform Windows Anytime Upgrade with a retail product key?

Yes.

Save a backup image before and after you unlock the few extra expensive features in Ultimate as this will be the much easier way to recover either version.

You can always migrate the Ultimate elsewhere if you want. Having the Home Premium image makes this a lot easier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/348470-can-i-perform-windows-anytime-upgrade-retail-product-key.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium(OEM) to Windows 7 Professional using Windows Anytime Upgrade. Since the upgrade is done online, with no DVD provided, is there any way to do a Repair Install? I allready tried the OEM RE-install disk, and setup won't allow the install. It is an install DVD, not an image restore disk.

A:Will Repair Install work with Windows Anytime Upgrade?

You have a Premium locked DVD which now needs to be Professional.

The solution is to unlock all versions in the installer, which can be done by:

downloading the DVD files to your desktop,

editing the Sources folder to delete the ei.cfg file,

then recompiling the files into an ISO using this tutorial: Bootable ISO - Create from Installation Files

Then use ImgBurn at 4x speed with Verify to burn your DVD. Never fails.

You should now be able to do your repair, or even clean reinstall from boot with that DVD by choosing Pro since you have a pro key, although I would def make a system image backup in case Anytime keys prove to not work in regular installs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/42794-will-repair-install-work-windows-anytime-upgrade.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey,
I have bought a Lenovo G580 with Windows Home Premium and now I wanted to upgrade to the Ultimate edition. I have also bought an upgrade key. Everything goes nice until it demands me to Activate the system restore function. Now I try to access the system restore, but the Lenovo Instant Reset doesnt allow me.
I also wanted to install the English Language Pack from my windows 7 (Ultimate) dvd.
Can anyone guide me to upgrade and install the language pack.
Thanks in advance.

A:How to Use Windows Anytime Upgrade with Lenovo Instant reset.

Hi there .... Instant Reset does not allow you to make restore points ... The only way possible is to Uninstall it .... But if you do so , your computer will be forced to reset to its initial state when Instant Reset was first Installed ... Meaning any changes since when you Installed Instant Reset will be lost ... That includes all software every thing which you have Installed .... So be very careful what you do .... Read the Instructions for Instant Reset .... They will be under programs /Lenovo

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/295852-how-use-windows-anytime-upgrade-lenovo-instant-reset.html
Relevancy 66.22%

http www ghacks net windows- -family-pack-and-anytime-upgrade-pricing It's shown there everything you actualy need to know in order to understand what I am talking about If you're looking for Windows Ultimate for more than ten computers like I am this might be your big break The Family BARGAIN? = Pack 7 Upgrade Family Windows Anytime + Pack pricing is in the US The Anytime Upgrades are as follows Windows Starter to Windows Home Premium marked red as it is unimportant in this thread Windows Home Premium to Windows Professional Windows Home Premium to Windows Ultimate Does this click at all to you So let's put this into a scenario Jill buys the Windows Windows 7 Family Pack + Anytime Upgrade = BARGAIN? Family Pack and pays She understands she can install Windows Home Premium onto the three computers in her household as the family pack allows her to Windows 7 Family Pack + Anytime Upgrade = BARGAIN? do so She then finds that she wants more out of Windows Home Premium and buys herself the Windows Anytime Upgrade With this she can upgrade all three of her Home Premium's to Ultimate without paying extra Windows Family Pack Windows Anytime Ultimate Upgrade So altogether she's paying a maximum of for three Windows Ultimate's where she'd normally pay for it So let's put this into a worse scenario and say that Windows Anytime Upgrade uses Activation Keys that are only able to be used once So now she'd have to buy three Windows Anytime Upgrades Windows 7 Family Pack + Anytime Upgrade = BARGAIN? at per copy Windows Anytime Ultimate Upgrade Windows Family Pack Windows Anytime Ultimate Upgrades The price of three Windows Ultimates is How does it sound

A:Windows 7 Family Pack + Anytime Upgrade = BARGAIN?

Guaranteed you will have to purchase a WAU for each machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/19133-windows-7-family-pack-anytime-upgrade-bargain.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello everyone. I'm back! Y'all know that I always wanted to upgrade my Windows 7 from Starter to besides-Starter. Lol! So, I got a valid key but WAU couldn't create a restore point. Help me?

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade couldn't create a restore point!

Is System Restore turned on? Rightclick Computer, choose Properties, then System Protection. Highlight C drive and click Configure to see how much disk space is apportioned to increase the amount.

Now try Windows Anytime Upgrade - How to

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/347894-windows-anytime-upgrade-couldnt-create-restore-point.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,

I am introducing myself too. We live in France but we all speak English (I teach it). I searched the forum before posting this.

I bought my daughter a Lenovo laptop W7 Edition Familiale Premium (Home Premium). But she first-booted it in French before she realized that she could not change later to English. Ooops and merde.

Now I want to run Windows Anytime Upgrade to buy an Ultimate upgrade, but those wacky French seem to have changed its name such that W7 does see it.

I try to follow MS on-line instructions: "Open Windows Anytime Upgrade by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type anytime upgrade, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Anytime Upgrade."

But Start does not find it, probably because it's been renamed to something French.

Any francophones out there who can help us?

A:What is Windows Anytime Upgrade called on a French language Lenovo?

Hi RenoHuskerDu, welcome to the Seven Forums.

As all internal Windows commands are the same in any language, you should be able to run Anytime Upgrade from Command Prompt or Run dialog.

Try this:Open Run dialog by pressing Win + R
Type following to the Run dialog:

Code:
%windir%\system32\WindowsAnytimeUpgradeUI.exe

Press Enter
This should open Anytime Upgrade dialog, in French I'm afraid but I am sure you will manage it. It has two options, you should select the first one if you want to buy the key online, and the second one if you already have a key:In the mean time I will install a French Windows 7 on a virtual machine to check exactly what and where you need to click and type in case this does not work for you.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/287541-what-windows-anytime-upgrade-called-french-language-lenovo.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey guys...Just thought I'd drop in and let you know that the latest announcement to come out of the Windows 7 team has just been shown to the public:http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/...ck-pricing.aspx

A:Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade and Family Pack Pricing Announcement

Thanks for sharing, the family pack sounds good...too bad I have a mix of 32 and 64 bit...any chance the licenses could be for either?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/245740/windows-7-anytime-upgrade-and-family-pack-pricing-announcement/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have done thorough research and googled this issue many times but non of the resolutions actually apply to me and never solve my issue. I bought a windows 7 64 bit key but every time i run Windows Anytime Upgrade i get this message and at the bottom it says turn on system restore for the disk that contains your windows installation, it is on but i am unable to create a restore point because i then get this error 'An error was detected in the volume shadow copy service (vss). The problem occurred while trying to contact VSS writers. Verify that the event system and the VSS service are running (which they definitely are, they're both running and startup is automatic) and check for associated errors in the event logs. (0x80042318)

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade couldn't create a restore point??

When you access System Protection to look at the drives, are any listed as "Recovered?"

If so turn off System Protection on that drive, then turn it back on for C which should now be protected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/269745-windows-anytime-upgrade-couldnt-create-restore-point.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi All Seeking you advice have hitting my head against a brick wall Have a new laptop that came with Windows Home Premium and guess Issues.. Mapping Upgrade Windows Prof Network causing to Anytime what it allows you to create a new share but cannot access it from another PC go figure As like Windows Anytime Upgrade to Prof causing Network Mapping Issues.. everyone else did some research to find that mapping does not work in Win HP Anyway went down the route of upgrading Windows using Anytime instead of wasting anymore time Now is where the fun starts Upgrade to Anytime - all ok Share a directory with 'Everyone' access Go to another Win amp Prof machine and try to map the drive no success comes with some obscure message meashink to trouble shoot Essentially saying the Share does not exist Tried browsing the drive and until this morning could not see it This morning can see the drive but not the Shares Firewall and Symantec has been removed what else is there to do in order to get this working Any help would be appreciated before i lose all this hair Anyone help fernanaz

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade to Prof causing Network Mapping Issues..

Hello,

Have you changed the permissions within the Advanced Sharing tab on the file as well as the security tab? With Windows 7, you need to do both. You also need to be on the same workgroup.

This is quite a good tutorial:
Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP - How-To Geek

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/220391-windows-anytime-upgrade-prof-causing-network-mapping-issues.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

My Acer Laptop had pre-loaded Windows Vista Home Premium and I also received Windows Vista Anytime Upgrade DVD along with it.

I need to format an existing version and want to do a clean / fresh installation of the same version (Windows Vista Home Premium) of the OS.
Can I do that with this DVD?
Do this DVD have all the required installation files to do a fresh and complete OS install?
Can someone guide me on how can I do that?
I have been looking around online to find some information, but didn't get a clear idea. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vishal

P.S: I dont want to upgrade the OS

A:Can Windows Vista Anytime Upgrade DVD do fresh install of an existing version?

>> My Acer Laptop had pre-loaded Windows Vista Home Premium

I think that laptops with no OS DVD have a "recovery partition" that allows you to restore your laptop to the state that was supplied by your dealer. (The dealer's applications will be restored, but anything that you installed will not be available.)

>> Do this DVD have all the required installation files to do a fresh and complete OS install?

A quick google shows that Anytime Upgrade costs $160, and Vista HP costs $260. I don't think Bill will give you all the files for $100 less

BTW: My first WinXP was an upgrade from Win98. When my OS became corrupt, I had to (a) re-install Win98, and (b) re-install the WinXP upgrade. In other words, you must follow the same chain

Contact Acer for info.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/238505-can-windows-vista-anytime-upgrade-dvd-do-fresh-install-existing-version.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I upgraded from Windows Home Premium to Windows Professional yesterday using Windows Anytime Upgrade Very shortly thereafter my system started crashing with BSOD Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode d BCP FFFFF E BCP BCP BCP FFFFF B E OS Version Service Pack Product The first two times it Professional bit) BSOD Upgrade 7 after (64 Windows to Anytime Windows happened I was copying files from another computer on my network to a shared folder on the computer that is crashing The third time was very early this morning while I was not using the computer though I had kicked off a format of an external USB hard drive the night before that did not complete successfully Note that you BSOD after Windows Anytime Upgrade to Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) will see some minidump files from - -- I was getting BSOD crashes last year after I first built the system that were resolved by replacing the memory Then I had one random crash on and another random one on The last three and started after the Windows Professional upgrade Thanks very much for your assistance

A:BSOD after Windows Anytime Upgrade to Windows 7 Professional (64 bit)

Hi dharrold.

Download and install Atheros LAN driver from GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z77-DS3H (rev. 1.0) ... see how it goes. Let us know.

Code:
BugCheck D1, {fffff98035378e60, 2, 0, fffff8800462b0e9}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for L1C62x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for L1C62x64.sys
Probably caused by : L1C62x64.sys ( L1C62x64+70e9 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff98035378e60, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff8800462b0e9, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032bd100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032bd1c0
fffff98035378e60

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
L1C62x64+70e9
fffff880`0462b0e9 4d8b36 mov r14,qword ptr [r14]

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17336 (debuggers(dbg).150226-1500) amd64fre

TRAP_FRAME: fffff88007983570 -- (.trap 0xfffff88007983570)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000286
rdx=fffffa8009746c11 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff8800462b0e9 rsp=fffff88007983700 rbp=fffff9800356efb0
r8=0000000000000000 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffff8000353f4c0
r11=fffffa800972af00 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
L1C62x64+0x70e9:
fffff880`0462b0e9 4d8b36 mov r14,qword ptr [r14] ds:00000000`00000000=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff8000307fe69 to fffff800030808c0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`07983428 fffff800`0307fe69 : 00000000`0000000a fffff980`35378e60 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`07983430 fffff800`0307eae0 : fffffa80`0668e7d0 fffffa80`09722830 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`096d5a20 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`07983570 fffff880`0462b0e9 : fffffa80`0908c1a0 fffffa80`096d5a20 fffff980`0356efb0 fffff980`0356efb0 : nt!KiPageFault+0x260
fffff880`07983700 fffffa80`0908c1a0 : fffffa80`096d5a20 fffff980`0356efb0 fffff980`0356efb0 fffffa80`097eccc0 : L1C62x64+0x70e9
fffff880`07983708 fffffa80`096d5a20 : fffff980`0356efb0 fffff980`0356efb0 fffffa80`097eccc0 fffff880`000001c0 : 0xfffffa80`0908c1a0
fffff880`07983710 fffff980`0356efb0 : fffff980`0356efb0 fffffa80`097eccc0 fffff880`000001c0 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffffa80`096d5a20
fffff880`07983718 fffff980`0356efb0 : fffffa80`097eccc0 fffff880`000001c0 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffff980`0356efb0
fffff880`07983720 fffffa80`097eccc0 : fffff880`000001c0 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffff980`0356efb0
fffff880`07983728 fffff880`000001c0 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff980`35378e60 : 0xfffffa80`097eccc0
fffff880`07983730 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff980`35378e60 fffff980`35378d30 : 0xfffff880`000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373853-bsod-after-windows-anytime-upgrade-windows-7-professional-64-bit.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a small notebook. It does have a malware that I can't get did of.
Therefore I want to do a clean upgrade. I saw it somewhere on the net
but I can't find it now.
There were 3 methods one with a change in the registry and
another where you do a double upgrade
I do have the win 7 home premium CD
Mogens

A:upgrade win7 starter to win7 home premium

Hello Mogens, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Here you go.

Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/351811-upgrade-win7-starter-win7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 63.64%

How much will it cost and where do I upgrade to Windows Home Edition? Also, will I be able to run programs like Skype on Starter? What about other popular programs?

A:How do I upgrade from Windows Starter 7?

See this tutorial:
Make sure that the hardware can handle more than the Starter edition.

I don't know for sure about running Skype on the Starter edition... but I don't see why you would not be able to do so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/282757-how-do-i-upgrade-windows-starter-7-a.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I recently bought a HP Notebook with Windows 7 starter installed. What will be the best cost effective way to upgrade to either Windows 7 Home or Premium. I have heard so many stories about problems experience during upgrades especially on HP, with pre-installed software.

Your advice will be appreciated.

HannesB

A:Upgrade Windows 7 Starter

Take a look at this:
Windows Anytime Upgrade - Upgrade your Windows 7 edition - Microsoft Windows

No install files needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/180114-upgrade-windows-7-starter.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi there this one might be a bit of a doozee So I originally upgraded to windows home premium -bit using the -pack family upgrade kit to upgrade from windows XP After a while I realized I needed some of the added features of the Pro version so 7 upgrade) Windows reinstall my How Pro OS(windows I anytime do 64-bit I used Windows anytime upgrade to Windows Professional -bit It has been a little while now and I'm needing to do a re-install without going into too much depth due to some software compatibility issues I am having The trouble is I don't know where to obtain my product key for the upgrade and I'm concerned if I attempt a reinstall I'll be left with an OS that can't be activated Also since I did the anytime upgrade I did not receive an installation DVD I do have another Pro version installation DVD I purchased for a separate license that should work right I'm having How do I reinstall my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit OS(windows anytime upgrade) an impossible time How do I reinstall my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit OS(windows anytime upgrade) trying to get information on reinstalls pertaining to anytime upgrade user through microsoft and there customer support seems to be non-existent Does anyone know the answer Can anyone help

A:How do I reinstall my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit OS(windows anytime upgrade)

You obviously should have backed up the Anytime Upgrade key for just this reason. This is also why there is Win7 backup imaging which would reimage the finished Pro install in 20 minutes instead of now having to reinstall both OS's.

You can try auditing the installed Professional Product Key as well as all other installed software and hardware using http://download.cnet.com/Belarc-Advi...-10007277.html

Use the same Premium key you used originally to activate the reinstall, booting the Premium DVD which should accept the key up front since it will see an OS on the HD. Then delete all partitions, create new as you wish, install. If key is rejected leave it blank during install then afterwards do the Option 2 or 3 workaround given here to activate Upgrade version on a new or wiped HD: Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

Once Home Premium is installed if you really need the few expensive extra features you can insert the Pro key into Anytime Upgrade. Then as soon as it's set up and activated save a Win7 backup image so you never have to reinstall both again.

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup
Follow these same Best Practices for a perfect install: Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/239952-how-do-i-reinstall-my-windows-7-pro-64-bit-os-windows-anytime-upgrade.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello guys, not sure if i got yo the right place, but i have just purchased a new PC, and Wndows 7, but when it's arived it's apprears to be an Upgrade version from Windows & Premium N from Starter N, does it mean i can't install any Windows with this version unless i already have Starter or it still will work? appreciate you answer

A:Windows 7 Home Premium N from Starter N

Quote: Originally Posted by NadyaG

Hello guys, not sure if i got yo the right place, but i have just purchased a new PC, and Wndows 7, but when it's arived it's apprears to be an Upgrade version from Windows & Premium N from Starter N, does it mean i can't install any Windows with this version unless i already have Starter or it still will work? appreciate you answer

Welcome to the forum,

Are you saying it doesn't have an OS on it right now?

This might be of some help to you,

Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/180173-windows-7-home-premium-n-starter-n.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Can we use a retail windows 7 premium upgrade key or are we restricted to the WAU (windows anytime upgrade) key to unlock the windows 7 Premium features of the 7 Starter edition?

A:windows 7 starter upgrade options

You will need the WAU key to do what you are describing......

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/45924-windows-7-starter-upgrade-options.html
Relevancy 62.78%

HI all,
I have an EEE pc 1015b 5 months old and have already upgraded the RAM to 2 gigs because it ran soooo slowly when I got it. It came with wondows 7 starter - can I upgrade to the proper windows 7 (would like the media player options) without losing even more performance. It's still pretty slow and freezes if it has to do too much - like use our 32" tv as a monitor to show pictures or videos.
Any advice about the upgrade - or about why it freezes and what I can do about that would be great.

A:Can I upgrade Windows 7 Starter on EEE PC1015b?

Here's a how-to article: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/14943/how-to-upgrade-your-netbook-to-windows-7-home-premium/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-upgrade-windows-7-starter-on-eee-pc1015b.173827/
Relevancy 62.78%

hi, I have just installed windows 7 home basic RTM (7600) on an old and slow pc. I chose home basic not starter edition. when it was done, it has all the home basic logos, and it thinks it is home basic, but it is missing all the features that home basic has, and is performing like starter edition. the "personalize" menu is not there when you right click the desktop, nor is it in control panel. I can install any other version of windows 7, but Ultamate is too heavy for this compute. I have starter installed on a different machine, and it is no different than this home basic installation? a bad disc? or an install error? or is it suppose to do this. thanks in advanced.

A:windows 7 home basic is acting like starter?

Hello jlj945,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Might help if we knew the specs of this comp. Also have you tried running WEI.

Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/18790-windows-7-home-basic-acting-like-starter.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I bought an Acer Aspire One netbook with Windows 7 Starter on it, and I have a Windows 7 Ultimate installation DVD that I want to use to upgrade my netbook's OS. I put the DVD into an external DVD drive connected to my netbook with a USB cable and started the installation wizard. I chose the "Upgrade" option and the installer said that I need to use Windows Anytime Upgrade for that. The problem with that is that I don't want to buy a new license, since I already have this DVD. How can I upgrade my netbook's OS from Windows 7 Starter to Ultimate with the DVD I already have?
Thanks in advance.

A:Upgrade from Windows 7 Starter to Ultimate with regular DVD

Use Anytime Upgrade: Type "Anytime" in Start Search box to start the Process, insert your Ultimate Product Key, the extra features will be unlocked in just a few minutes.

Be sure to make your Acer Recovery Disks first, or save a Win7 backup image so you have a path back to the licensed OS on that machine. You may decide you want to move your retail Win7 Ultimate to another machine. You may also find a cheaper Ultimate Anytime Upgrade key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/156351-upgrade-windows-7-starter-ultimate-regular-dvd.html
Relevancy 61.49%

A full-featured Windows Aero to Starter and Windows Home Basic nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by hb My friend Mr dUSHA who helped me with Personalization Panel found a way to include the full personalization of Windows Starter and Windows Home Basic With one click you turn to any of these systems of digits Aero transparency and buns like Win Tab Flip D Aero Peek and Aero Shake - will work Application theme files themepack files and msstyles files Change of wallpaper including the automatic change of wallpaper 7 and Windows Basic Home Windows A full-featured 7 Starter to Aero The full color design Support for third-party themes - you can install any topic what you like In short you can transform your Windows Home or Windows Home Basic to a full Windows Ultimate A full-featured Windows 7 Aero to Starter and Windows 7 Home Basic Further instructions on using and demo video of Windows Initial unlocked with Aero How to enable Aero and personalization on the Windows Home Basic and Windows Starter If you have a panel of Winreview ru remove it and Personalization Panel DWM Controller if you have it installed - it will hinder you Download the patch from Mr dUSHA Install it then the computer automatically restarts Everything You will select quot Personalize quot from the context menu and all of the above functions The video below demonstrates Windows Start with personalization unlocked Winreview ru - Microsoft Windows

A:A full-featured Windows 7 Aero to Starter and Windows 7 Home Basic

In english

Windows 7 Starter Aero Patch

Vishal-Gupta on deviantART

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/179742-full-featured-windows-7-aero-starter-windows-7-home-basic.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I just got an Acer Aspire netbook with w7 starter. Although I plan on using it for just the basics, Im told that 7 Starter doesn't different backgrounds, DVD playback (via an external DVD drive, which I'd have to buy), and Windows media layer.

My question: What do I need to run Windows 7 home? OR can I achieve what I mentioned above without upgrading?

what I got:
intel atom N270
1gb memory
storage: 160GB HDD

-I don't know much about this little computer, but I got a day or two to take it back of it wont do the job. Any advice would be great.

A:windows 7 starter upgrade?? missing features question

Going to give this a bump. No one is willing to give me even a little help? that's cold :P

-I got more feedback in the Auto thread over what I drove, than actual computer related tech advice lol

I'll admit to being computer dumb, but show me some love. Who knows, your car might break and you'll need tech advice..?? (and it just so happens Im a tech). Help me and I'll return the favor

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-starter-upgrade-missing-features-question-448183.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I bought Home Premium 32 bit update (at Office Max) to install on my ASUS 1015 PEM Notebook (upgrading Windows Starter). I'm not having much luck. The program loads, but then stalls at a screen that says something like "Windows compatibility file (on desktop)". It goes no further. Any help?

A:Unable to install Windows 7 Home update to Windows Starter

Try using Anytime upgrade.

No install files needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/202270-unable-install-windows-7-home-update-windows-starter.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have just purchased a new pc that came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, which wont run my company software, which was made in 1995, 16 bit.

This 16bit software ran fine on my previous pc, which had Windows 7 Starter 32-bit. But the 64 bit Windows 7 version wont run it, I cant use Windows XP Mode on my version of Windows 7, need Pro - Ultimate Version.

I want to install and run the Windows 7 32-bit I have, on my new pc (I still have the installation disk) on a seperate partition and keep the 64 bit version to.

Is this possible to install both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Windows 7 and then select which to run when the pc boots?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, James

A:Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit & Windows 7 Starter 32 bit (partitions)

YES, take a look at this tutorial, replace vista with Windows 7.

Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and Vista

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/171061-windows-7-home-premium-64bit-windows-7-starter-32-bit-partitions.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi guys, I can't seem to find an answer for this anywhere...

Am I able to use the windows 7 family upgrade pack to upgrade Windows 7 starter on my netbook?

I know it will work for my XP desktop and Vista laptop, just unsure about my Windows 7 Netbook.

Any help appreciated

Ayupmiduck ^^

A:Windows 7 family pack upgrade on Windows starter netbook.

The family pack allows for three installations, so if this Netbook meets the system requirements, and you have only installed it on two other machines, then you should be fine.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369313/windows-7-family-pack-upgrade-on-windows-starter-netbook/
Relevancy 61.06%

I purchased an upgrade key from Microsoft last year and used it on my Win 7 home premium 64 bit installation and upgraded it to Win 7 pro 64. Lately, my system has gotten squirrelly and I wanted to
do the "upgrade" (repair) install from my CD. The system will not allow me to do this. It says that
Windows 7 Pro cannot be upgraded with Windows 7 Home Premium.

So now I'm stuck unless there's a way to uninstall the pro upgrade and revert back to home premium.
Is there a registry key I can delete or something so that it will work? I don't want to lose all the neat programs I have installed.

A:Can't upgrade install after running anytime upgrade

You are going to have to do a few registry tweaks to fool the Windows Installer in thinking you have the previous version. Once you have done so you can continue doing the upgrade repair process however you must do it while the machine is currently booted. (From the Desktop).

This link provides a good step by step process which you may want to try.

Please note that I have not completed these steps so please proceed with caution.

EDIT: I had to attach the link into a text document since the URL could not be copied.

Hope This Helps,
Josh! =]

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/281570-cant-upgrade-install-after-running-anytime-upgrade.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Good morning,

I have recently bought a Asus Eee PC with Windows 7 starter.

It will connect ok to public Wifi (i.e. at the Qantas lounge) but will not connect to my home Wifi network - Netcomm N150 Router. The two other computer at home (running full versions of Windows 7) work fine over this network.

When I look at the Station list in the Router's interface the MAC address for the new laptop appears but it has no IP address.

i.e. (some details blanked)

2C:xxxxx192.168.20.100SSID-35PWR_ACTIVE20M00:17:50
00:xxxxx192.168.20.104SSID-65PWR_ACTIVE20M00:17:30
94:xxxxx SSID-64PWR_ACTIVE40M00:17:29
44:xxxxx192.168.20.103SSID-62PWR_ACTIVE40M00:17:19

Have tried the obvious things like power cycling.

Any guidance on how I can move forward would be great

A:Solved: windows 7 starter can't obtain valid IP adress from home network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-starter-cant-obtain-valid-ip-adress-from-home-network.1076095/
Relevancy 60.63%

So I have an old Sony laptop, and it came with Win 7 Starter.

It got slow and bogged, so I installed Win 7 from scratch from instructions here, and when I went to enter the product key from the bottom of the laptop of course I got the "The product key you have entered will not work with this version of Win 7. You must either run Win 7 setup or enter a Win7 Home Premium product key."

The problem is I couldn't find a Win 7 Starter download anywhere...

Thanks for any help/advice...

A:Windows Starter Product Key Won't Work With Clean Home Premium Install

Make your own Universal Install DVD or USB flash that has Starter on it.

Windows 7 Universal Installation Disc - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/304207-windows-starter-product-key-wont-work-clean-home-premium-install.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I've been wanting to upgrade to windows 8 but after running the windows 8 advisor it says office 2010 starter is not compatible. I updated the required files for office according to windows but after updating them i ran the advisor again & yet the same problem proceeds. I won't update to windows 8 unless starter works. Need help & or options to resolve this problem.

A:Office 2010 starter not compatible for windows 8 upgrade even after updating files

Google Data On SituationLouis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480118/office-2010-starter-not-compatible-for-windows-8-upgrade-even-after-updating-files/
Relevancy 60.2%
A:Windows 7 Starter to Ultimate.Upgrade/Clean Install Error or stocked.

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

You can only upgrade from Windows 7 Starter to Windows 7 Ultimate by the Windows Anytime Upgrade method.

Windows 7 Upgrade Paths

If your computer is running Win 7 Starter it shouldn't have any problem with Win 7 Ultimate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/195667-windows-7-starter-ultimate-upgrade-clean-install-error-stocked.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello!
Microsoft said that with 1511 build we can now enter a Windows 7/8/8.1 licence key to activate windows 10 until july... but not so much more information whatsoever.
I have a Windows 7 starter spare product key. I guess it's 32-bit (since I never heard of 64-bit version).
I would like to know if with that key I could activate a clean copy of windows 10 home 64-bit ? I can't find any source to confirm that matter, and I don't really want to test & try.

Thank you for you help!

A:Can I use a Windows 7 starter key to activate windows 10 home 64-bit?

You have to upgrade a copy of win 7/8/8.1 already on a PC with windows 10 before you can do a clean install on the same machine.

So you'd need to install windows 7 using that key first.

The upgrade process is what creates the windows 10 hash key that the installation servers recognise when you do a clean install.

The upgrade copy of Windows 10 matches what's already on the PC already , so I think you'd only be able to install the 32 bit version initially.

I can't see an issue with then doing a clean install of 64bit win 10 afterwards when the PC has been upgraded to windows 10 from 7 though.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/35828-can-i-use-windows-7-starter-key-activate-windows-10-home-64-bit.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Having an issue with Windows Vista which I'm running on laptop I bought a couple of months ago. The laptop came with a "Windows Anytime Upgrade CD" which has the logo "Upgrade Your Windows Vista Experience" on it.

My wife found the CD today and installed it while I was out (so I'm not sure what happend) She said it downloaded some stuff and when it restarted she basically lost everything. There's only one profile now.. which is not one of my original profiles there. Some of our files are there... but a lot of them seem to have disappeared. Even the program files directory on the Hard Drive seems to be missing some of the programs we used to have.

Any thoughts on how I can recover some of the data? What exactly happened here?

A:"Windows Anytime Upgrade" Trashed My Profiles

Check for a C:\Windows.old folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-anytime-upgrade-trashed-my-profiles.748146/
Relevancy 59.34%

My HP TouchSmart 300 (December 09) PC, OE Win 7 Premium is set to "Spanish" as I purchased this PC in Mexico where I presently reside on a temporary basis for the winter. I do not speak Spanish.

I want to use the "Anytime Upgrade" to upgrade from Win 7 Premium to Win 7 Ultimate. Win7 Ultimate has 'English' language amongst it's multiple language possibilities.

Is there any reason why I should not be able to install the upgrade English language Win7 Ultimate over the HP OE Spanish language Win7 Premium?

Your advice and experience will be appreciated...!

A:Win 7 'Anytime Upgrade'

Hi

Those tutorials may be help:

Format Regional Language - Change

Formats - Restore Default

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/52703-win-7-anytime-upgrade.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi. Thinking about upgrading a pre-installed windows 7 home to win7 professional using the anytime upgrade option. Just wondering if doing it this way do i need to backup everything of importance first? I reckon most will say to do this as a precaution, and i probably will but is it necessary.

A:Anytime Upgrade

Its not necessary, but its always a good idea...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/134730-anytime-upgrade.html
Relevancy 59.34%

how does it differ from buying an OS? for example you bought a windows vista ultimate anytime upgrade and a windows vista ultimate? what are the difference between the two?

A:what is anytime upgrade?

there is no diffrance ...
sept you are doing it at home on upgrade anytime

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/238561-what-anytime-upgrade.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have an OEM manufacturer-supplied version of Win Home Premium -bit which I've upgraded upgrade Anytime to Ultimate with an Anytime Upgrade key I'm going to buy Home Premium -bit I've Anytime upgrade read a few posts which suggest this - and the MS site - but I just want to confirm that the Anytime Upgrade key will still upgrade the -bit version once I've performed a clean install The MS site says ------------------------------------------------------------------- Can I upgrade both -bit versions and -bit versions of Windows with Windows Anytime Upgrade Yes you can use Windows Anytime Upgrade to upgrade a -bit version to a -bit version or from a -bit version to a -bit version of Windows However Windows Anytime Upgrade can't upgrade a -bit version to a -bit version of Anytime upgrade Windows or a -bit version to a -bit version Anytime upgrade of Windows -------------------------------------------------------------------- Does this mean I can install dual boot and have both upgraded to Ultimate or do I need to uninstall or reinstall to downgrade the -bit version first

A:Anytime upgrade

Legally, you can only have one or the other installed at the same time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/120866-anytime-upgrade.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Since E3 announced all the new games and november-december is right around the corner I'm wondering if my computer's current specs has what it takes to handle the new games coming out (i.e. Huxley)

Specs. (custom built)

cpu: Pentium 4 HT 3.0ghz (overclock 3.4ghz)
video card: Radeon x1950 Pro (256mb, DX9)
RAM: 2.5gbs Mushkin Ram
Mobo: Abit, AW8D
Audio: Realtek HD Audio Card
Monitor: 18" lcd, liquid video
cpu fan: cooler master tower cooler
case: Apevia X-Discovery (mid-tower ATX)

I'm pretty sure i need to upgrade a bit but could someone help tell me in order of importance what i should upgrade first.
Also how soon will I need to get DX10, I don't care about the flashy fire and smoke stuff but how soon will games start coming out with support for DX10 ONLY.

thanks for reading

A:Do I need to upgrade anytime soon?

DX10-only games are still far-off methinks, so you should be okay with that video card. The only thing holding you back is your processor, so upgrade that to a dual-core one (AMD or Intel, it's your choice, although I'd prefer C2D along with a P35 chipset motherboard) and you'll be great for about a year or so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-need-to-upgrade-anytime-soon.90140/
Relevancy 59.34%

Just playing with an OEM x64 Business edition here, i thought I would click the anytime update just to see how much they are charging - GBP 109.90 (216.27 USD)

Now Vista Ultimate OEM is - GBP 122.14 so just where is the incentive to upgrade? ?40-?50 then ok I could be tempted but ?109 I just dont think so.

A:Anytime upgrade rip off

Geh.

So god damn expensive, that's $380NZD+ but if I remember correctly, the Windows XP Professional OEM was a hell of a lot more dosh. I'll stick to my express upgrade

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/35880-anytime-upgrade-rip-off.html