Windows Support Forum

Solved: How to find C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\ Microsoft\Windows

Q: Solved: How to find C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\ Microsoft\Windows

I am experiencing a problem with Micrsoft Word and Googled a solution which is to change the location of the Temporary Internet Files folder however I can only get to a certain point Here are the instructions This problem occurs because the Temporary Internet Files location for Internet Explorer is set to be an unexpected location Specifically the Temporary Internet Files location for Internet Explorer is set to be a location in which the user does not have permissions to create new temporary files ResolutionTo resolve this problem change the Temporary Internet Files location for Intern To resolve this problem change the Temporary Internet Files location Solved: name>\AppData\Local\ to C:\Users\<user How find Microsoft\Windows for Internet Explorer To do this follow these steps On the Tools menu in Solved: How to find C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\ Microsoft\Windows Internet Explorer click Internet Options to display the Internet Options dialog box In the Internet Options dialog box click the General tab In the Browsing history section click Settings to open the Temporary Internet Files and History Settings dialog Solved: How to find C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\ Microsoft\Windows box In the Temporary Internet Files and History Settings dialog box click Move Folder to open the Browse for Folder dialog box In the Browse for Folder dialog box select the following location For Windows Vista for Windows and for Windows Server C Users lt user name gt AppData Local Microsoft Windows For Windows XP and for earlier versions of Windows C Documents and Settings lt user name gt Local Setting Note Whichever location you select a folder that is called Temporary Interenet Files is created And if it is necessary content is migrated to the new location Click OK to close the Browse for Folder dialog box Click OK to close the Temporary Internet Files and History Settings dialog box Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box Restart the computer when you are prompted When I get to the Browse for Folder dialog box I cannot find the quot C Users lt user name gt ApplData Local Microsoft Windows quot file that is referenced in order to proceed Here is what I see Gateway C When I double click on that the following folders appear Perf Log Program Files Program Files X Users Windows When I click on quot Users quot then a folder with my name appears which would be quot user name quot When I click on my name then it shows Contacts Desktop My Documents Downloads Favorites etc so how do I get to C Users lt user name gt ApplData Local Microsoft Windows I have opened all of the folders such as program files Windows etc but cannot find a the files that I am instructed to scroll to Any help is much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: How to find C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\ Microsoft\Windows

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: How to find C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\ Microsoft\Windows

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-find-c-users-user-name-appdata-local-microsoft-windows.1012533/
Relevancy 90.52%

hi

can i detele the files inside c:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\

i tried _http://www.justanswer.com/computer/5dl5x-c-users-user-app-data-local-microsoft-windows-files-contains.html

but it doesn't clean them ,and ccleaner

and the windows clean tool doesn't empty this folder

thanks

A:can i delete the files inside c:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft?

No Don`t Do it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/295713-can-i-delete-files-inside-c-users-user-appdata-local-microsoft.html
Relevancy 83.08%

The Path: Users/PC/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/WebCache has several files, including text files that are somewhat readable. It appears that upon viewing, they show every file you visited on your computer, and most likely, every keystroke. An example is this:.....

V i s i t e d : P C @ f i l e : / / / C : / G a m e s / W o r l d _ o f _ T a n k s / r e s _ m o d s / R T A N . x m l y u 1SPS? ? F             @ ???.0?? S O 1SPS? ? F

I just pasted a minute fraction of one of the logs. Why does windows need to keep a file that shows everything I visit on my computer? Is this not a security risk if someone were to steal my laptop?

How do I stop windows from generating these?

Thanks

A:Users/Appdata/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Webcache KeyLogger..

Welcome to the forum. I think you have had most answers on your other post but you can goto setting in IE internet options and clear all history on exit so its not saved

http://www.pchelpforum.com/antivirus-firewalls-and-system-security/124475-users-appdata-local-microsoft-windows-webcache-keylogger.html
Relevancy 83.08%

The Path: Users/PC/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/WebCache has several files, including text files that are somewhat readable. It appears that upon viewing, they show every file you visited on your computer, and most likely, every keystroke. An example is this:.....

V i s i t e d : P C @ f i l e : / / / C : / G a m e s / W o r l d _ o f _ T a n k s / r e s _ m o d s / R T A N . x m l y u 1SPS F             @ .0 S O 1SPS F

I just pasted a minute fraction of one of the logs. Why does windows need to keep a file that shows everything I visit on my computer? Is this not a security risk if someone were to steal my laptop?

Thanks ​

A:Users/Appdata/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Webcache KeyLogger..

switch to linux.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/users-appdata-local-microsoft-windows-webcache-keylogger.1148558/
Relevancy 83.08%

V i s i t e d : P C @ f i l e : / / / C : / G a m e s / W o r l d _ o f _ T a n k s / r e s _ m o d s / R T A N . x m l y u 1SPS¡ À F @ Á¸.0’Ð S O 1SPS¡ À F
Thanks

A:Users/PC/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/WebCache Key logging everything I do.

I googled WebCache and a page full of discussion about WebCache.  Apparently most of such files within WebCache are created by IE.  I ran across a utility called [removed name] -- however, I do not recommend it!  It is not only a privacy cleaner, it is also a pc cleaner, and neither I or BC recommend any such utilities.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576799/userspcappdatalocalmicrosoftwindowswebcache-key-logging-everything-i-do/
Relevancy 102.34%

Was told to move over to this section with my details For the past week of so I've had issues with my pc not displaying all thumbnail icons for photos many times when I'm in My computer and click the root My computer to show my drives it takes a very long time to show my drives I've also got this issue with the User Appdata local temp folder populating itself with what appears to be jibberish folders keeps of populating Some find bug but User/appdata/local/temp can't it kind that have folders inside folders etc I shouldn't be having these problems and didn't about a week ago I really would like to clean vs the alternative of a reload on my media server - Anyway here is the original topic http www bleepingcomputer com forums t some-kind-of-bug-but-cant-find-it DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by The King at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated Some kind of bug but can't find it User/appdata/local/temp keeps populating F CFC - A -FC -EF - A E AB SP Microsoft Security Essentials Some kind of bug but can't find it User/appdata/local/temp keeps populating Enabled Updated F E - -F B -D A - EE D C SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system igfxCUIService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Program Files Broadcom Broadcom Network Adapter WLTRYSVC EXE C Windows system WLANExt exe C Program Files Broadcom Broadcom Network Adapter bcmwltry exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C AMD amdacpusrsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x ASUS AXSP atkexComSvc exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x ASUS AAHM aaHMSvc exe C Program Files x ASUS AsSysCtrlService AsSysCtrlService exe C Program Files x ASUS AsusFanControlService AsusFanControlService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II Wi-Fi GO AssistTools WiFi GO Server exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II AsRoutineController exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA DTSU PAuSrv exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II DIGI VRM PowerControlHelp exe C Windows system hasplms exe C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe C Windows system IProsetMonitor exe C Program Files Intel Intel reg Smart Connect Technology Agent iSCTAgent exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe C Mitchell OnDemand Mitchell Security MachineTokenService exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files Broadcom Broadcom Network Adapter WLTRAY EXE C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C ProgramData FLEXnet Connect ISUSPM exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x J River Media Center Media Center exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetoot... Read more

A:Some kind of bug but can't find it User/appdata/local/temp keeps populating

Well looks like the problems are gone after MSE updated today and scanned this sucker:
Trojan:Win32/Powessere.A!reg
All thumbnails show up as they should, clicking the computer link in my computer instantly pops up my drives and as far as I know my temp folder hasn't grown anymore. Deleting all 11 gigs, 337,000 files right now as I type this to see if it spams full of crap again.

UPDATE All files deleted from the user/appdata/local/temp folder but three that are always in use and never delete. So I'll update if I have any other problems but from what it seems I've skated passed the reload plague and cleaned it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556710/some-kind-of-bug-but-cant-find-it-userappdatalocaltemp-keeps-populating/
Relevancy 93.31%

I have done exactly what what was said in his problem and i have the OTL.txt and Extras.txt files opened in notepad. Do i post them up for you to see?

If there is anything you need to know just ask.

A:AVG has detected a threat in the file: 'C:\Users\T Godson\AppData\Local\Windows\winhelp.exe...

You need to follow this guide.Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349863/avg-has-detected-a-threat-in-the-file-cuserst-godsonappdatalocalwindowswinhelpexe-when-i-select-remove-selected-threats-the-file-is-delete/
Relevancy 92.45%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3966 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 2100 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) , 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 369818 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., GA-MA74GM-S2H, x.x,
Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live! Anti-Virus, Updated and Enabled

Hi, I had to restore my computer and now keep getting a windows installer trying to do something and the diologue box says that this file can't be found,
c:\users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS5AA2\setup\status\status.msiTrayapp

Could you please help me? Thank you

A:Solved: c:\users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS5AA2\setup\st atus\status.msiTrayapp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-c-users-owner-appdata-local-temp-7zs5aa2-setup-status-status-msitrayapp.1005150/
Relevancy 90.3%

I run windows 7 premium 64 and all of the sudden I stated to get this popup after windows loads that says
"C:\User\Lori-Bee\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost"
How can I fix this?...I tried check disk running CCleaner ....No difference

A:C:\User\User -User\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost

Hi there ... Read the Link below and follow the Instructions ..
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- Error 182418Log.iniis lost

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325334-c-user-user-user-appdata-local-temp-032150log-iniis-lost.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I have a problem.
C:\users\username\AppData\Local

Under Local, I am expecting to see Application Data, instead I see some folders in strings.
They are all empty.

History :
Just yesterday, I did a restore to factory settings becuase I was unable to login on newly created user accounts.
see reference link :
User Profile Service Failed the Login User profile cannot be loaded

And now, while everything appears to be back to normal, I am facing this issue.
Need advice to ...
1. What are those empty folders ?
2. Are they safe to delete? I have a feeling they will reappear after deleted.
3. How do I get my Application Data folder back under Local ?
4. Are the 2 co-related ?
screenshot ....

Thank you.

t-4-2

A:C:\users\username\AppData\Local

Adding .............

sfc /scannow was done............. no integrety violation.

chkdsk /f/r was done. Report :
Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Wininit
Date: 24/12/2011 1:06:07 AM
Event ID: 1001
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: t-4-2-PC
Description:
Checking file system on C:
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Volume label is ACER.

A disk check has been scheduled.
Windows will now check the disk.

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 5)...
307968 file records processed.

File verification completed.
148 large file records processed.

0 bad file records processed.

0 EA records processed.

76 reparse records processed.

CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 5)...
392368 index entries processed.

Index verification completed.
0 unindexed files scanned.

0 unindexed files recovered.

CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 5)...
307968 file SDs/SIDs processed.

Cleaning up 1835 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 1835 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 1835 unused security descriptors.
Security descriptor verification completed.
42201 data files processed.

CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
34471120 USN bytes processed.

Usn Journal verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying file data (stage 4 of 5)...
307952 files processed.

File data verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying free space (stage 5 of 5)...
141498056 free clusters processed.

Free space verification is complete.
CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the
master file table (MFT) bitmap.
CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the volume bitmap.
Windows has made corrections to the file system.

609667415 KB total disk space.
43094544 KB in 240109 files.
152644 KB in 42202 indexes.
4 KB in bad sectors.
427995 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
565992228 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
152416853 total allocation units on disk.
141498057 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:
00 b3 04 00 d3 4e 04 00 b8 2f 08 00 00 00 00 00 .....N.../......
41 01 00 00 4c 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 A...L...........
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................

Windows has finished checking your disk.
Please wait while your computer restarts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/204262-c-users-username-appdata-local.html
Relevancy 88.58%

While i was exploring windows explorer, i came up to this folder C:\Users\PC\AppData\Local\Temp

What does it contain?
What are tmp, old, mtx, and text document files?
Is it ok to delete this folder? (I don't know what came up to my mind, i just feel i want to delete some stuff on my computer xD )
Some files and folders that are 0kb in size , how did they came up to the folder?
can i delete those 0kb files?

*actually i don't know where to post this question so i just put it in General Discussion

A:What is C:\Users\PC\AppData\Local\Temp ? :)

Temp = Temporary. Sure you can deduce the purpose now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/205609-what-c-users-pc-appdata-local-temp.html
Relevancy 88.58%

On startup I get this message that 'c:\users\Carol\appdata\local\condiut\backgroundcontainer\backgroundcontainerdll'.appears. do I have a virus?

A:'c:\users\name\appdata\local\condiut\

Hello!! Run the free version of malwarebytes!!.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534440/cusersnameappdatalocalcondiut/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi Tarkuz,as mentioned in the chat, I'm taking a look at the log. c:\users\tarkus\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\start menu\programs\startup\09eb99c455680f440c477dff1bede754.exeLet's see what that weird file is, can you please upload it to www.virustotal.com and give me the link for the results.regardsmyrti

A:.tmp file at USER/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Windows/System32 (passwords, chats)

Hi,given the resutls from virustotal, I would recommend running Malwarebytes next:Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet and double-click on the renamed file to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.Malwarebytes will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button and continue.If you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A: 4. Issues.Under the Scanner tab, make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Click on the Scan button.When the scan is complete, click OK, then click the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked and then click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.Exit Malwarebytes when done.Note: If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.-- Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, use Malwarebytes Chameleon and follow the onscreen instructions. The Chameleon folder can be accessed by opening the program folder for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (normally C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware).regradsmyrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510494/tmp-file-at-userappdatalocalvirtualstorewindowssystem32-passwords-chats/
Relevancy 87.72%

I ran my Windows Disk cleanup and the problem has lessened still parts of my software will not work.
I installed and un installed all day yesterday trying to get a clean install.
Only new to me thing is the
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware I recently installed could it be causing these issues
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local....\embird64_temp_.tmp
I can not find that path

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-users-owner-appdata-local-embird64_temp_-tmp.1103689/
Relevancy 87.72%

I am no computer guru and it is in Windows 7 that I had first discovered - beyond suggested deleting any of this files content - that by just doing so saved me from countless nightmares.  Given the new Window's 10 format I am on the hunt for just that exact capability; but, I am finding that this file seems to no longer exist?  Can anyone tell me what has become of this file?  Is it diguised in a new file in Windows 10 or has Windows 10 diminished any threat of this appdata temp file from taking over a good chunk of memory or even hosting any possible ill temp data?  Whatever information one could give me will be much appreciated - - much thanks in advance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589614/is-there-a-cusersusersnameappdatalocaltemp/
Relevancy 87.72%

My new Dell desktop runs Vista Home Premium and has a 600GB internal hard drive.

My system backs up to an ext drive daily, and it looks like the Vista back-up app is ALSO stashing back up files on the internal hard drive under:

c:\users\pc\AppData\Local\Temp folder.

I deleted all these back up files, but they're coming back.

How do I keep them from coming back?

A:c:\users\pc\AppData\Local\Temp folder

those are temporary files that windows & other programs create because they are needed for certain operations.

Just one example, when my antivirus says an update is avilable, it is downloaded to the temp folder then installed from there.

The problem is they are never deleted, you either have to do it manually or download a program like ccleaner to clean them out.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/195193-c-users-pc-appdata-local-temp-folder.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I have been regularly deleting those empty folders. Not a big deal, just annoyance.
Question......
How did that happen ?
Someone had suggested that it has something to do with WLM. If so, anyway to stop them from appearing under Local ?
IF WLM does not cause that, then what causes that ?

t-4-2

A:C:\users\username\Appdata\Local ....... empty folders

It is WLM that creates these. I don't think there is a way to stop it. I just delete them when they get enough to annoy me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/229995-c-users-username-appdata-local-empty-folders.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Howdy y'all,

I have this message every time I start up my laptop "there was a problem starting C/Users/appdata local temp7369149cos2350679.exe"

It only seems to effect when I am playing content through VLC etc and the general running of the system as a whole,

Ran Anti-Virus and was clean but suspect it it a result of a malware attack I suffered recently, which has now gone but this message still remains,

Thanks,

Redshark.

A:there was a problem starting C/Users/appdata local temp

Hello redshark777 & welcome to TSF

Try doing a Clean Boot and see if the problem persists. Post back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/there-was-a-problem-starting-c-users-appdata-local-temp-657055.html
Relevancy 86%

please can someone help me.i am desperate i want to run some Cd's but this error keeps cropping up

C:\Users\Mary\AppData\Local\Temp\WER16FC.tmp.mdmp

C:\Users\Mary\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD4FC.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

Please please can anyone tell me how to fix it in an easy terms as i do not understand computers that much.
Thank you so much

A:C:\Users\Mary\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD4FC.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

What program are you using to play the CDs Mary?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/313073-c-users-mary-appdata-local-temp-werd4fc-tmp-werinternalmetadata-xml.html
Relevancy 86%

Hey guys Every time I boot up my computer I encountered an error message saying that C Users Robert AppData Local Temp dwm exe cannot run or load I also couldn t access the internet I activated a guest account and on this account I could access the internet I have Loading Error C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Temp\dwm.exe downloaded HighJackThis I thought Error Loading C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Temp\dwm.exe this problem was similar to the one experienced by Carva at http forums techguy org virus-other-malware-removal -rundll-error-loading-c-users html Yet I couldn t work out which files to fix Here is my HJT log Thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Hp QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP QuickTouch HPKBDAPP exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Kontiki KHost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files Error Loading C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Temp\dwm.exe Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check HPHC Scheduler exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Users Guest Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en gb amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en gb amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Winamp Search Class - BCA FA- DBB- a -B - C F B - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll F - REG win ini load C Users Robert AppData Local Temp dwm exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Winamp Toolbar Loader - CEE EC- - bc- B - DDC AB C - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - no... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-loading-c-users-robert-appdata-local-temp-dwm-exe.952761/
Relevancy 86%

What is this how i fix ? it keeps poping up every 10-15 minutes but the new2589 number changes.... It's really bothering me ..

Relevancy 86%

I recently installed 7-zip, and downloaded a few other things, and now when I right click on files, the error message

There was a problem starting
C:\users\owner\appdata\local\tmp\stpraxi\serohnp\wow.dll
The specified module could not be found.

appears. It also crashes windows explorer in occasion. I see many others have had this problem, and everyone seems to have a slightly different fix. I should also note I do not have any virus protection or anything of the sort right now.

Thanks for reading.

A:Error when right clicking: C:\users\owner\appdata\local\tmp\stpraxi...

Run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

64-Bit Version OS Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 <===== Download Link

Drag the FRST64.exe from the Downloads folder to your Desktop

Right click on FRST64.exe and choose

When the tool opens click Yes on the disclaimer window .

Press Scan button.

FRST will let you know when the scan is complete and has written the FRST.txt to file

Note
The first time Farbar Recovery Scan Tool is run, it makes also another log Addition.txt

Please upload both logs in your reply.(FRST.txt and Addition.txt)

FRST.txt and Addition.txt will be on the Desktop

Upload a File
Click on the Go Advanced button under the Message box . Scroll down to Additional Options then click on Manage Attachments in the Attach Files sections . Click the Browse button locate the file then click on the Open button . In the Upload File from your Computer section click on the Upload button . Wait until it finishes uploading then close the window . Then click Submit Reply .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/300956-error-when-right-clicking-c-users-owner-appdata-local-tmp-stpraxi.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I made a mistake on my initial post and it was not addressed yet. I used the wrong file name
Message states that this may not be compatible with the version of windows running.
Check if the module is compatible with a 32 or 64 bit version of regsvr32.exe.

BTW I am running 32 bit vista.

I would appreciate it if someone could address this

A:Module c/users/owner/appdata/local ovrhics/eP0npp01.dll Error

Please stop opening new topics. You are already being helped here. Stick with it!

Regards,
Georgi

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535442/module-cusersownerappdatalocal-ovrhicsep0npp01dll-error/
Relevancy 85.14%

I had a pretty bad virus on my computer, and Norton would block it every 2 minutes or so, until I downloaded Spybot and did a scan, then did a system restore and it seems like it was taken away. Now everytime I turn on my computer, I get a pop up called "RunDLL" and it says "There was a problem starting: C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Diagnostics\Deployment\fkpaekuf.dll The specified module could not be found." Please tell me how to fix this, or what it is, and if it's still possible to have that virus on my computer without me knowing about it. Thank you very much! =)

A:Why does this keep popping up on power on? C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Diagnostics\Deployment...

I would advice to read, and follow up on this:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic182397.htmlGood luck!\0/-Sec

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460394/why-does-this-keep-popping-up-on-power-on-cusersdanielappdatalocaldiagnosticsdeploymentfkpaekufdll/
Relevancy 85.14%

trying to install visual studio code and this message pops up immediately.

"Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\users\tom\appdata\local\temp\*.tmp"
error 5 access is denied

I tried taking ownership at appdata point but still no go. Is there some permission or other problem I may be overlooking?
Visual Studio Community installed like a charm.

A:unable to create the directory "C:\users\tom\appdata\local\temp\*.tmp

When you open the program to install this code do so by right clicking and selecting run as administrator. This might provide the necessary privileges to complete the operation. This is sometimes necessary even if you are already an administrator.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/45779-unable-create-directory-c-users-tom-appdata-local-temp-tmp.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello I hope you can help me The computer I m using to write my grad thesis won t connect to the internet because of the error in message I get error C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\dwm.exe on startup: this the title I get this error message on startup: C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\dwm.exe I used all the suggestions in the forum welcome page run the I get this error message on startup: C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\dwm.exe specs HiJackThis etc I tried checking other users with similar error displays but either the threads are closed or they have no replies or it s not the same error and I m not sure if I should try the fixes suggested Here is all the information I think I get this error message on startup: C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\dwm.exe you ll need if not a fair bit extra Thanks in advance to any help you can provide and Happy Holidays Computer Specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual-Core QL- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M G Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Inc Grasmoor Not Applicable LXARE X EBD Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Disabled DDS Specs DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Windows system lsm exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system rundll exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgfws exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup Now Client Agentsvc exe C Program Files Acer Arcade Deluxe HomeMedia Kernel DMP CLHNService exe C Program Files Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x eDSService exe C Program Files Acer Empowering Technology Service ETService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows system lxdncoms exe C Acer Mobility Center MobilityService exe C Program Files NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup Now BackupSvc exe C Program Files NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup Now SchedulerSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WD Drive Manager WDDMService exe C Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare Front Parlor WDSmartWareBackgroundService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x eDSLoader exe C Program Files NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup Now BkupTray exe C Windows PLFSetI exe C Program Files Launch Manager QtZgAcer EXE C Program Files Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePower DMC exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Pro... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-get-this-error-message-on-startup-c-users-owner-appdata-local-temp-dwm-exe.965018/
Relevancy 84.28%

Windows To old to navigate Windows Explorer anymore Hi all I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times but I can't find the info I need I'm trying to backup my quot eM Client quot data files or complete e-mail backup tech provides the following instructions Backing up eM Client data files You may wish to back up eM Client's data files that include all file users find AppData under Cannot the emails calendar events contacts tasks and configurations However these data files can only be restored in eM Client You can find the data files in C Users AppData Roaming eM Client if you are using Vista or newer versions of Windows or C Documents and Settings Application Data eM Client if you are using XP or older versions of Windows The problem is I cannotfind the quot AppData quot file under my user or public user file As well I don't understand the disappearing quot My Documents quot folder thing either and this could explain why I'm having trouble navigating to the data files I need in the C drive Thanks in advance for any help N

A:Cannot find AppData under users file

Hello N2Abyss

Appdata is a hidden folder in the users profile. This will show you how to hide/unhide them - Hidden Files and Folders - Show or Hide

Regards Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/186249-cannot-find-appdata-under-users-file.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Please help My husband s laptop seems to have a very bad virus At first he was not able to get IE to run -- things went downhill from there I had AVG installed and it was doing regular scans but nothing alerted I rolled back infected C:\USERS\USER1\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\ELS.DLL [DRP] by HELP is FILE WIN32:SIREFEF-AI to the oldest restore point then installed AVAST and deinstalled AVG AVAST indicated it found something and recommended a boot scan which I did That s when I got the error that File C USERS USER APPDATA LOCAL TEMP ELS DLL is infected by WIN SIREFEF-AI DRP -- I selected to move to chest Also received similar error saying C WINDOWS ASSEMBLY TMP U embedded r is infected by WIN MALWARE-GEN - also moved to chest I have also run MalwareBytes which found nothing I am at a loss as to how to proceed and greatly appreciate your assistance Below is the text file DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run HELP FILE C:\USERS\USER1\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\ELS.DLL is infected by WIN32:SIREFEF-AI [DRP] by user at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C windows system wininit exe C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C windows system atiesrxx exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system atieclxx exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C windows system Dwm exe C windows Explorer EXE C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C windows system taskhost exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C windows system taskeng exe C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system TODDSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TosCoSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TECO TecoService exe C windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TECO Teco exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TPHM TosWaitSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TosVolRegulator TosVolRegulator exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA HDD SSD Alert TosWaitSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA BulletinBoard TosNcCore exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ReelTime TosReelTimeMonitor exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files x TOSHIBA Utilities KeNotify exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C windows system rundll exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C windows system SearchFilterHost exe C windows system wbem WMIADAP EXE C windows SysWOW cmd exe C windows system conhost exe C windows SysWOW cscript exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com ig redirectdomain brand TSND amp bmod TSND uDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig redirectdomain brand TSND amp bmod TSND mDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig redirectdomain brand TSND amp bmod TSND mStart Page hxxp www google com ig redirectdomain brand TSND amp bmod TSND uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt mURLSearchHooks H - No File mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Adob... Read more

A:HELP FILE C:\USERS\USER1\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\ELS.DLL is infected by WIN32:SIREFEF-AI [DRP]

please remove this request from the list of unaddressed issues - I have restored the pc to factory defaults and no longer need assistance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/421722/help-file-cusersuser1appdatalocaltempelsdll-is-infected-by-win32sirefef-ai-drp/
Relevancy 84.28%

I just got a new computer and have started to get the message

RunDLL Error Loading C:Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\cBsQjjij.dll

Does this mean I have a virus? Norton doesn't seem to be picking it up, in fact Norton doesn't appear to be able to finish a scan. What do i do here?

Please help. I'm running Vista and it's a brand new Toshiba laptop.

A:Help Please Rundll Error Loading C:users\username\appdata\local\temp\cbsqjjij.dll

ok so i've just run MAB. It found 9 infected objects, then said it couldn't remove all of them and that i had to restart. Then I started getting two run DLL messages. I'm running it again. Hopefully this will work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153906/help-please-rundll-error-loading-cusersusernameappdatalocaltempcbsqjjijdll/
Relevancy 84.28%

Whenever I reboot a screen comes up that I message Error reboot when for C:\Users\Ella\AppData\Local\Temp\csrss.exe says Could not load or run 'C Users Ella AppData Local Temp csrss exe' specified in the registry Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry Recently I did several Error message when I reboot for C:\Users\Ella\AppData\Local\Temp\csrss.exe things this might be related to but I am not sure it is is related or not I downloaded Internet Explorer hated Error message when I reboot for C:\Users\Ella\AppData\Local\Temp\csrss.exe it and called microsoft tech support to get rid of it and went back to Internet Error message when I reboot for C:\Users\Ella\AppData\Local\Temp\csrss.exe Explorer IE is now working fine Attempted to download the latest version of VLC Media Player It took several tries before I got a download to install correctly At first I was sent by IE Bing I suspect Bing highjacked the browser and took me to outside sites I think during these attempts I was DLing from SourceForge When these setup files didn't work I eventually found the correct site to DL from videolan org That DL worked find VLC works great and I simply deleted the other failed setup files I had DLed Did a System Restore back to April to try to get rid of the error message Downloaded Periform CCleaner and ran that to try to get rid of any registry errors Spent approx hours on the phone with a Microsoft represent in the General Assistance Department He did the quot take control of my computer quot thing and did all sorts of things I didn't really follow At the end of it he said it was probably leftover from a virus that my Avira got rid of Any suggestions While the error message is not detracting from my computer's performance it is irritating to see the message pop up whenever I reboot THANK YOU IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-message-when-i-reboot-for-c-users-ella-appdata-local-temp-csrss-exe-570105.html
Relevancy 84.28%

When I boot up vista I get the above error message saying that it may not be compatible with the version of windows I am running. Check to see if the module is compatible with a 32 or 64 bit version of regsvr32.exe.

What do I do here

A:The Module users/owner/appdata/local\ovrhics/ep0pp01.dll error message

I see you are being helped over at BleepingComputer Forums. They are good so I would listen to what they have to say. It appears you have a bad case of malware and they are by far the best place to obtain help with that.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/302601-module-users-owner-appdata-local-ovrhics-ep0pp01-dll-error-message.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I am getting this error message when I boot my computer. I am running Windows 7 and do not know what it means. Can anyone give me some advice? I greatly appreciate it!!

Here is the full message:

RunDLL

"There was a problem starting C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\
The specified module could not be found."

I have also attached a screenshot here.

Thank you soo much for any help!

A:RunDLL-"There was a problem starting C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp

Welcome to the forum ana777

Do the steps mentioned in this tutorial: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Post back for further suggestions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/248533-rundll-there-problem-starting-c-users-owner-appdata-local-temp.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I get the above error when I reboot my computer. Whenever I reboot, a screen comes up that says:

"Could not load or run 'C:\Users\Palmer\AppData\Local\Temp\csrss.exe' specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry."

How do I find and remove the reference to it in my registry?

A:Error message when I reboot for C:\Users\Palmer\AppData\Local\Temp\csrss.exe

Welcome texankjo.

Could you explain when this error message pops up? Are you actually able to boot and get to your desktop?

If you can, I suggest you follow the instructions from Posting Instructions for Malware Removal Help and post in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help Forum forum (as I suspect this is a malware issue).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-message-when-i-reboot-for-c-users-palmer-appdata-local-temp-csrss-exe-573947.html
Relevancy 83.85%

C:\Users\(user)\AppData was invisible. Combofix successfully fixed it. Yet I want a helper to check my log file and tell what was wrong and if my system is still infected.

Any help?

tnx
Behrooz

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406696/cusersuserappdata-was-invisible/
Relevancy 83.85%

C:\Users\(user)\AppData was invisible. Combofix successfully fixed it. Yet I want a helper to check my log file and tell what was wrong and if my system is still infected.

Any help?

tnx
Behrooz

A:C:\Users\(user)\AppData was invisible.

Welcome aboard Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===================================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406697/cusersuserappdata-was-invisible/
Relevancy 83.85%

I have a bunch of empty folders in C:\User\Username\AppData\Local that have number and letter characters. Like this
{0E091B39-4B52-47D3-A112-2B4D5C09F64F}

Is it OK to delete these. They date back to when I first built this system, beginning of March.
Thanks

A:Folder in User\Name\Appdata\Local

Well I deleted them to no ill effect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/153796-folder-user-name-appdata-local.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi,
Trying to install a Sibelius update on a new (windows 10) computer.  When I try to run it it comes up with the error
Runtime Error (at -1:0):
Cannot Import
dll:C:\Users\markll\AppData\Local\Temp\is-G8MO2.tmp\IssProc.dll.
I've tried contacting Sibelius. Can anyone offer any advice i think it's a windows issue... ? It's pretty urgent.
Thanks so much.
Mark

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0076449a-6bdc-4b5b-9872-0d4f4744aa91/runtime-error-at-10-cannot-import?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 83.42%

There for I am having installation problems. It appears to deleted. What do I do?

A:System cannot find AppData\Local(\Temp).

We need more information. Did you receive an error message? Please post back a screenshot of verbatim error.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/309991-system-cannot-find-appdata-local-temp.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello, sorry for being a bit thick but should I remove the .tmp files from the above directory and is it safe to do so?

A:c user appdata local temp directory

Hello David, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Yes, it's safe to delete your temp files.
Temporary Files - Temp FolderIf you like, you could use Disk Cleanup every so often to cleanup temp and junk files instead. I personally like using the free CCleaner to do so though.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298215-c-user-appdata-local-temp-directory.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have 200 folders in the C:/user/owner/local with names similar to {4BAD3A78-8A70-44D6-AD84-CF42571B0CD6}. All of them show 0 bytes, 0 files, 0 folders. What the heck are these?

Ron Burnes

A:Files in User/Owner/AppData/Local

Hello anaron

These files are safe to delete if you wish. There are many threads here as to where they come from, some say from windows live mail or messenger and others have different views but I don't remember there been a conclusive answer. The only thing we all agreed on is that the can be safely deleted if you want to however they take up no space so can be left alone.
My advise is to leave them in the recycle bin for a few days just to make sure you have no issues.

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/212618-files-user-owner-appdata-local.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi all. I have this problem: every time the Windows 8 starts it seems that i loose the permissions to the temp folder. As a result some applications using that folder to launch (for example Google drive) fail giving me an error. Another example are some installation files not starting because the temp folder cannot be used.
So, i have always to go to temp folder and manually set the permissions to have all working.

What can I do?
Thank you

A:Set permissions to \<user>\AppData\Local\Temp folder

So, I googled your problem and it appears that others are experiencing a similar issue and the common denominator appears to be an Adobe Acrobat product. So, you might want to check out these links if you have Acrobat installed:

Can't install any applications. - Microsoft Community

Adobe Community: Acrobat replaces NTFS permissions of Temp folder

Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/27720-set-permissions-user-appdata-local-temp-folder.html
Relevancy 81.27%

The last 4 or 5 days I've been getting the attached message from NOD32. Finally got round to looking at it this morning. When I try to delete the file, NOD32 comes up "Error when deleting".

I did a search for the fie on my hard drive and I found it, but again when trying to delete straight from the source folder it it said "file not found".

I should have thought to have done a screen print of the properties box but I didn't. However, looking at the location - appdata/local/...8EE38d01 it appears this is a Firefox profile file.

Ever since it's shown up I seem to be having problems with the wifi on the laptop, I don't know if this is causing it or whether that's a new problem entirely!

Thought I'd drop a post here in case anyone's come across this before.

Kit

A:NOD32 finds threat in file I cannot find - Appdata/Local

wittykitty,

You can get rid of it by using Windows Defender Offline.
Windows Defender Offline runs without Win 7 running.

Follow this procedure:
HOW TO USE WINDOWS DEFENDER OFFLINE ON A USB STICK
Windows Defender Offline
? is a free standalone, bootable malware and virus remover from Microsoft.
? performs an offline scan of an infected PC to remove viruses, rootkits and other advanced malware.

Download Windows Defender Offline (about 764 kB)

You will have the choice of downloading the 32bit version (x86) or the 64 bit version (x64).
The link will help you determine whether you are running a 32 bit version or 64 bit version of Windows

NOTE!! You can download and prepare a 32 bit version using a 64 bit version of Windows
NOTE!! You can download and prepare a 64 bit version using a 32bit version of Windows.

You run the 32 bit version on a 32 bit version of Windows.
You run the 64 bit version on a 64 bit version of Windows.

The 32 bit download file name is: mssstool32.exe
The 64 bit download file name is: mssstool64.exe

For the curious, this program was originally name Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper.

INSTALLATION:
You will need an Internet Connection.
Insert 512 mB (Microsoft?s 256 mB is no longer accurate) or larger USB stick into a usb port.
Run the downloaded program--mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe
NEXT button
Choose the option On a USB flash drive that is not password protected
NEXT button
NEXT button
The install program will format the usb stick using the NTFS format.
The install program will download about 210 mB.
The install program will name the USB stick WDO_Media32 or WDO_Media64
The WDO_Media32 usb stick will have used space of 255 mB (268,140,544 bytes)
The WDO_Media64 usb stick will have used space of 282 mB (296,165,376 bytes)
You can expect the number of mB to increase as more malware appears.

UPDATE Windows Defender Offline USB stick:
? reinsert the usb stick
? run the installation program, mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe, again.
? the update will download about 66 mB (mssstool32.exe) and 68 mB (mssstool64.exe).

Since the malware database is sometimes updated several times in a day, always update before running.

PERFORM AN OFFLINE SCAN
Bootup your computer from the USB stick
Windows Defender Offline will automatically perform a quick scan.
After the quick scan finishes, Choose Full Scan
Select all of your drives

The initial, full scan can easily take several hours, but
Remember, your computer is being very thoroughly checked for all types of malware.

RESULTS OF THE SCAN
The results will be in 4 log files on your computer's disk in:
\Windows\Microsoft Antimalware\Support
===============================================

After running wdo and booting your computer up normally,
then carry out following which will put a .ZIP file on your desktop. Upload that .ZIP file please.

Script:

# ************************************************************
# Zips up your log files from Windows Defender Offline
#  and extended info about the log files
# Places WDOlogs.ZIP on your Desktop
#
# **********************INSTRUCTIONS**************************
# STEP 1 *****************************************************
# RUN PowerShell as administrator
# START ORB | type POWERSHELL | CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER key combo | ALT+Y keycombo
# ********************************... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/238863-nod32-finds-threat-file-i-cannot-find-appdata-local.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello And thank you all for any info and help for my problem I m not tech savy My problem happens just after signing into comp startup Happens every time now for about a few days I can C:\User\____\AppData\Local\CrashDumps\AppleCompute r\Khjdl.dll click the ok button and go online and run games and do stuff on comp ok I would like to remove this message so it doesn t C:\User\____\AppData\Local\CrashDumps\AppleCompute r\Khjdl.dll come up anymore RunDLL error message Specified Module could not be found Message There was a problem starting C User Drew AppData Local CrashDumps AppleComputer Khjdl dll Specified module could not be found With an OK button bottom right Just got a new error message starting now this logon to my computer RunDll There was a problem starting C User Drew AppData Local Diagnostics Deployment kavylvhee dll The specified module could not be found With an OK button bottom right I went through the start menu computer C drive for the above and could not find Did some searching online Brother told me to come here and state my problem Again Thank you all for any help provided for this Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU X GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc DN X Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 81.27%

This is a repost because due to hardware failure it was lost and I cannot reply to cancerous's post I have empty folders in my Win user myname appdata local folder in folders have Win7 I user\myname\appdata\local\ empty I'm wondering if I can delete them Here is I have empty folders in Win7 user\myname\appdata\local\ an answer from cancerous and my response it was lost They are most likely temp directories Are they empty in byte size or you can't see any files in there If it's the latter make sure Show hidden files and folders is turned on in your folder options through the control panel and then review them If it's the former then it should be fine to delete them although I don't see much purpose to it Yes they are empty an do not contain files show hiden files and folders is turned on I won't delete them now but if they are just temp folders and more are added I might reach some point where I will want to reduce the number of empty folders Thanks

A:I have empty folders in Win7 user\myname\appdata\local\

I have a dozen or so empty folder in the same location, so they are normal. If you right click on one of them, select Properties, you will see Size on Disk 0 Bytes so they don't use any space and are innocuous. You would gain nothing by deleting them and may in fact foul up the system. Windows creates dozens of empty folder in the system for its use if needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/217083-i-have-empty-folders-win7-user-myname-appdata-local.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi everyone I have quite a dilemma at work Let me explain Last year we rolled out all new Windows systems and new domain controllers with Server R and redid some of our group policies network back user profile to local from AppData share Un-redirecting For reasons unknown at that time I decided it was a good idea to redirect the AppData folder to the local users' share on our file server Now it hasn't affected too much since then but the problem with it is that it pretty much breaks Offline Files for Un-redirecting AppData from network share back to local user profile our laptop users It will try to sync the AppData folder and throws tons of errors and causes problems A while back I found an article on TechNet that described the procedure which involved moving the affected user and computer to and fro different organizational units to redirect the appdata back to the local user profile It's a very daunting and confusing task but it does work if done correctly I can't for the life of me find that article now Hours and hours of Googling has turned up nothing The only thing that seems to work is to deny read permission of the GPO that has the redirection policy to the affected user gpupdate and reboot and delete the user's profile and start new This of course isn't an ideal solution Simply ticking the box quot Move the contents of the folder back to local user profile upon removal quot does not solve the problem If anyone has any ideas or knows what article I'm talking about and could point me in the right direction I'm all ears Thanks so much

A:Un-redirecting AppData from network share back to local user profile

You will need to edit the registry keys identified in the following article to remove the folder redirection Registry Settings for Folder Redirection in Windows

But you will also need to either remove the folder redirection from the gpo applied to the ou or move the users into an ou that doesn't have the folder redirection settings applied

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/253786-un-redirecting-appdata-network-share-back-local-user-profile.html
Relevancy 78.26%

What does this mean:  C:\Users\Ted\AppData\Local\Temp\ScrC777.temp\_FRBatch.pac was not found, and how can I resolve it?
I usually see it on start up  after "sleep".
Thanks

A: C:\Users\Ted\AppData\Local\Temp\ScrC777.temp\_FRBatch.pac was not found

Hi TedRayWesty,
When your computer ?wake up? from ?sleep? mode, the RAM will be able to respond to a wake-up event and calling files for program. There might be a calling failure. I searched about your temp folder name and the temp file name and seems like it is not a system
file and it is called by some third party software.
Try following steps to resolve your issue
Please perform a clean boot and see if the issue still persist.
Check the other contents in ScrC777.temp folder see if you could identify the software.(seems like some Security Software or Anti-Spyware)
Uninstall it and delete the temp folder see what happens.
About clean boot in Windows 7
https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us?wa=wsignin1.0
Regards

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/267bec6d-7d8c-44c4-a88f-ed5a07801b7f/cuserstedappdatalocaltempscrc777tempfrbatchpac-was-not-found?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 78.26%

Whenever I restart my cpu this error pops up It says run dll error error loading c users laptop appdata local temp the specified module could not be found Here are my results from the scans I ran Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v error loading dll run error c:/users/laptop/appdata/local/temp/ Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program run dll error error loading c:/users/laptop/appdata/local/temp/ Files Nike Nike Connect Nike Connect daemon exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files Creative Creative Live Cam VideoFX StartFX exe C Windows P Mon exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C run dll error error loading c:/users/laptop/appdata/local/temp/ Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Users LAPTOP AppData Roaming Octoshape Octoshape Streaming Services OctoshapeClient exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Users LAPTOP AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Users LAPTOP Desktop c HijackThis exe C Windows system DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - aeb efd-e - f -b - a c b - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO Somoto Toolbar - ad- - - c - a e - C Program Files somototoolbar vmntemplateX dll file missing O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Codec-C - D -A FB- -B FB- F B F - C ProgramData Codec-C bhoclass dll file missing O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Somoto Toolbar - ad- - - c - a e - C Program Files somototoolbar vmntemplateX dll file missing O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run LogitechCommunicationsManager quot C Program Files Com... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/run-dll-error-error-loading-c-users-laptop-appdata-local-temp.1080830/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have no idea what might have caused this but that's the error that appears every time I boot my computer, it appears as the desktop does.

Screen shot:

A:RunDLL - Error Loading C:\Users\"Me"\AppData\Local\Temp\quMFUnkj.dll

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rundll-error-loading-c-users-me-appdata-local-temp-qumfunkj-dll.728105/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hey guys This is my first time posting but it s a doozy I built a computer for the first time about a year ago and was able to get everything up and running just fine My main hard drive is an SSD and I used robocopy symlink to copy my users folder to Login find users folder Windows / Profile can't can't User Service a different drive with more space and to create a junction to it from the SSD This setup has been fantastic of the time - however - Shortly after getting everything working I ran into this problem while installing software and was able to fix it after a week long freak out and lots Windows can't find users folder / User Profile Service can't Login of obsessive research but it s happened again Windows can't find users folder / User Profile Service can't Login installing the same software and for the life of me I cannot remember or find any information that I used previously Problem I started to install all of my D software I am a D Designer and use Maya DS Max etc While installing VRay for Maya I start getting errors that windows can t connect to my Users folder I minimize my windows and nothing on my desktop will open Upon reboot I am informed that my User Profile Service won t let me login Troubleshooting so far I used safe mode to login and of course everything on my desktop was gone I used system recovery to the most recent date which allowed me to login however my desktop users folder is still missing I ran a registry fixer and found all kinds of errors quot fixed quot them then I couldn t login again Recovered again booted from my windows CD and attempted to move my actual Users folder robocopied one to quot Users quot as a backup Then I tried to re-create the initial process of robocopying creating a junction and when I logged in I was in the same boat Windows could not find it I ASSUME the problem is somehow a registry permissions mixup blocking windows from seeing the symlink and or actually changing it But beyond that and what I have already done I am at a loss Any help is GREATLY appreciated nbsp

A:Windows can't find users folder / User Profile Service can't Login

1. Welcome to Tech Support Guy

2. On reading your post - and I did so three times, the first thing that jumped out at me was
I ran a registry fixer and found all kinds of errors, "fixed" them, then I couldn't login again.Click to expand...

You can run most registry fixes on a computer with a clean install of windows and they will find errors.
The problem is 99.9% of the time, they are NOT errors, they are simply errors that the program considers exist.
It is accepted by many people that registry fixes should not be installed and again many of them will sooner or later cause more problems than EVER they solve.

I do appreciate that this is probably NOT what you wanted to read in response, but it would be remiss of me if I did not warn you of the situation.

3. NOW to the actual problem
As far as I know, there is no sure fire way of moving a user profile in its entirety to a different drive, than that which it was originally installed on.
YOU can of course establish a new account and move the personal data from the corrupted user account OR you can move simply the personal data to another location

HOWEVER please see below
FROM MICROSOFT

By changing the default location of the user profile directories or program data folders to a volume other than the System volume, you will not be able to service your Windows installation. Any updates, fixes, or service packs will fail to be applied to the installation. Microsoft does not recommend that you change the location of the user profile directories or program data folders.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722177(WS.10).aspx

4. NOW I am sorry but IMHO -there is even more bad news
I do not think you are going anywhere with this
OTHER than the slight possibility of logging in with the system account and putting all personal data back into a new users account on the system drive and if that does NOT work, I think you are looking at either
restoring from an image if you have one. that pre-dates the robocopy - symlink

OR if that was, as it appears at the time the computer was built, then you MAY be looking at starting again, as I think that so many aspects of the registry and the user profile will now be corrupted that anything short of a clean install will fail

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cant-find-users-folder-user-profile-service-cant-login.1110907/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi,

While trying to set-up a SQL Server account in Computer Management I've discovered that "Local Users and Groups" doesn't exist under System Tools tree. I select Start > Computer (right click) > enter admin. password > Computer Mgmt. opens and under System Tools there is no listing for "Local Users and Groups". Any help will be appreciated. Running Windows 7 multi-booted with several Linux distros on a Dell Inspiron 530S Desktop.

A:Can't Find Local Users and Groups in Computer Management

Hello Gdawg,

I'm sorry, but Local Users and Groups is not available in the Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, and Home Premium editions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/174156-cant-find-local-users-groups-computer-management.html
Relevancy 73.1%

First let me say I spend almost ALL my time in the desktop and my main pc's still have win When I upgraded an old win laptop to I used my HotMail account After getting some Store apps and setting & merge Can 1-HotMail 1-Live I users. user? 1-Local to up SkyDrive I decided I did not 1-HotMail & 1-Local users. Can I merge to 1-Live user? like having MS see everything so I created a local account and was able to move most data over I think from using the Public folders except for some DRM'ed Flash video courses On both accounts desktop I believe I installed the win Skydrive download Next I upgraded in-place to and basically had to repeat this process all over again Upgrading to and trying to get password protected file makes me think I might cave to MS 1-HotMail & 1-Local users. Can I merge to 1-Live user? and try to merge both accounts 1-HotMail & 1-Local users. Can I merge to 1-Live user? into LIVE account Does everybody really like having everything on a MS Live account It seems like they force you if you did want to use any apps and desktop Skydrive So I'm hoping to get some help trying to merge my accounts into new MS Live user account and not lose the few apps I bought or the DRM I know it's probably hopeless but any help or suggestions on how would be most welcome

A:1-HotMail & 1-Local users. Can I merge to 1-Live user?

Hello chockfullof,

No worries. When you purchase apps in the Store, you will always be able to download and install it again without having to purchase it again.

If you like, here's a workaround if you wanted your current local account to be your Microsoft account, but your current Microsoft account will be switched and deleted.

Switch your Microsoft account to be a local account.Switch you old local account to be your Microsoft account now. Your settings from the Microsoft account will automatically sync.Any modern apps not installed in the now Microsoft account, you can use "Your Apps" (OPTION ONE below) in the Store to install them again without having to purchase them again.
Apps - Install Metro Apps from Windows 8 StoreYou may need to create shortcuts for any desktop programs that you don't have from the old Microsoft account now local account in the now Microsoft account.Copy anything else you wanted form the old Microsoft account now local account in the now Microsoft account.When everything checks out, you could delete the old Microsoft account now local account from first step.
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/41016-1-hotmail-1-local-users-can-i-merge-1-live-user.html
Relevancy 69.23%

If I go in as myself, I can't find the folder Users\my user\Documents but I can if I go in as admin.

Checking folder permissions in Admin, my user has full permissions so I'm rather baffled why I can't see it.

Actually, I seem to have found the folder C:\Users\my user\Documents but the folder is called Public Desktop - I haven't renamed it.

Any ideas as to what may have happened?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261799-can-find-users-my-user-documents-folder.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Howdy All -
I'm thinking I'm not the first nor the last to have MS trick me into changing my User Name from Local to (in my case) an outlook.com email account. Now I'm forced to sign in every time I log on. And FWIW, I prefer to be fully in charge of my devices.
-
I surely would appreciate some guidance on the proper way to switch back to a Local User and disassociate my computer from outlook.com. Many thanks in advance for reading this and all replies.

Best,
/jdU

A:Proper (Safe) way to change from "Microsoft.com" User to Local User

Settings>>Accounts>>Under your Microsoft Account listing, click on "Change to a Local account instead".

Local Account - Switch to in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/49640-proper-safe-way-change-microsoft-com-user-local-user.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have just found two programs in my %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows directory
dmview.exe
wshom.exe

They are started at boot/login but I can't find from where...

Anyone knows what they are?

Should there ever be a program in %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows ?

// Anders

A:Programs in %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows

Some clues would be nice - like the filenames? Duh! sorry.

Please downloadand install Malwarebytes Anti-malware(free version) from http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/- UNtick 'Enable free trial of MBAM PRO' at the end of the installation - and update it, then run a full scan in your main account, and Quick scans in anyother user accounts.

Delete everythingit finds

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/309725-programs-appdata-microsoft-windows.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Been using Win 10, for months, one morning the wife is screaming can't login.
Toshiba laptop was displaying invalid email address as User.
Computer was originally installed with Local User Account under Win 8.

I plugged in an Emergency Boot usb, ran System Restore.
The local account sign on was restored.
After recover I created a new local user as backup, with admin role.

Guess what, couple of days later the Start Button of original local user stopped working,
I was able to use backup user, and problem went away.

Friend just drop off her laptop, with invalid Microsoft Account as user.
Tried restoring System Restore back one prior update, no luck.
Frustrating.
The local user files are still on computer, so is local account as displayed by
wmic useraccount still show all accounts on computer.

How do i set or change user display by Winlogon??

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38483-local-user-account-gone-signon-now-displays-invalid-microsoft-accoun.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi, I am using Teamviewer to remotely control my friend's computer and help him with tech problems, and I need to help him with a certain thing that will take a long time. He gets bored of me controlling the computer for so long, so I want him to be able to do something else on his computer while he waits. Can I control his computer in the background while he has a different window open so he can watch videos while I work on his computer?

And if not, is it possible to make a 'plugin' for teamviewer to do this?

I really need this feature, so thank you so much to anyone that can help me with this.

A:Solved: Teamviewer MultiTasking (Local User and Remote User Using At The Same Time)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-teamviewer-multitasking-local-user-and-remote-user-using-at-the-same-time.1107145/
Relevancy 64.93%

My father replaced his Windows 98 machine with a new computer running Windows 7. He's currently on 32-bit ultimate, but we could change versions if needed.

He's really hoping there's some way to force Windows 7 into a single user mode, primarily so C:\users\All Users, Default User, Public, and his own user are merged into one. It's absolutely driving him nuts the way it is.

I've done quite a bit of searching and have came up empty. Before I said it couldn't be done, I'm wondering if anyone's heard of a way to do this.

A:Win 7 single user, merging users\All Users, Default User, Public, etc?

Just curious, but why does this annoy him so much? Surely it's not that complicated a system and all of his documents etc are stored in the same place, with more or less easy to use shortcuts to these directories placed throughout Windows 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/210398-win-7-single-user-merging-users-all-users-default-user-public-etc.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello
Due to a file server migration, the path for the redirected  "Documents" folder will be changed to the new server or rather to the new DFS Namespace.
All the users have shortcuts to the last opened documents in their personal folder

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent.
After the Migration, all these links Pop up with an error, because the won't find the linked files.
I  tried to change the path in every Shortcut with a powersehll file, but it's not working because of the permissions in this specific folder called "Recent". The script is ok, it'll work in any other directory.

Does anybody know, how to adjust the security in this Folder or how to change the path of the shortcuts in this Folder?
Thanks in advance

A:Modify Shortcuts with Powershell in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent

It's me again.

My Problem is solved because editing an existing Shortcut works.
And all I want is change the path in existing Shortcuts, I don't want to create a new one.
The script to do this is available on this page
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/484560/editing-shortcut-lnk-properties-with-powershell

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9fb1283a-94fc-400e-85b0-35c6a551639b/modify-shortcuts-with-powershell-in-appdatamicrosoftwindowsrecent?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 63.64%

I get the following error C:\User\user\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me\nengine.dll wont run and it might be causing my computer to take about 30 minutes to boot up, possibly even longer.

Its booted now. I am following what you said in this post. http://m.techspot.com/community/topics/the-specified-modile-could-not-be-found.199777/

I am starting these steps now. As I dont have time to wait. http://www.techspot.com/community/t...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Now I get this error, which has actually been happening often lately. I thought I really had too many programs open but somethign else is up.(Runtime error program C there is not enough memory)

Running Mbam, still scanning 36 objects detected thus far wtf. Is this malware by anychance causing the adverts on my browser that has been appearing lately? I use Chrome.

Should I change all my passwords when done?

A:The following wont run causing major probs C:\User\user\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me\nengine.dl l

You might want to move this thread to the virus and malware subforum. Let one of the experts . Help you out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-following-wont-run-causing-major-probs-c-user-user-appdata-roaming-newnext-me-nengine-dll.200824/
Relevancy 62.78%

so i was browsing the internet and somehow a program name jec exe downloaded its self into my comp its one of those fake antivirus Deleted AppData/Local programs that constantly spams you to buy there Deleted AppData/Local product anyway that annoys the hell out of me so i found its root through the program properties it was located in Deleted AppData/Local User Clancy AppData Local but when i Deleted AppData/Local went there i couldn't find it obviously because it was hidden so then i thought quot meh there doesn't seem to be anything important in here quot so i just deleted the local folder i think it solved my issue with jec exe BUT now i cant open exe files and there may be other things wrong but i haven't found out yet so i tried this http support microsoft com kb L but it didn't work when i run the command REG IMPORT Exe reg the console says quot error opening the file there may be a disk or file system error so now i'm here aw yeah i got windows btw

A:Deleted AppData/Local

Perform a "repair install" of Windows 7: Repair Install - Windows 7

If you don't have a Windows 7 DVD it's perfectly legal to borrow one just for repair purposes, but make sure it's the same edition as your installation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/deleted-appdata-local-563021.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,

I am unable to shutdown or restart my XP. It doesn't even begin the shutdown process. I just get this message: 'Windows cannot find '/idlist,:480:1656,C:\windows\system32\grouppolicy\user\scripts\logoff.' I tried finding and opening this logoff folder and I find it empty. I don't know if this is normal or not. Any assistance on this issue would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any replies

A:Solved: Windows cannot find user/scripts/logoff

I happened to be looking in My Documents and I was lucky enough to find a fairly-recent registry cab file that I saved from Registry Expert Cleaner in January that I was able to restore, which put things back the way they were a couple of months ago. Things can get so easily messed up with all the junk that's out there to download. I still have a few programs to reinstall but most things are basically back to normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-cannot-find-user-scripts-logoff.812974/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a list of 5 users but no one created them they all have files one is the owner which has her name then there is one that says public and one that says default and then all. I need to organize all files with the workers that are here what can I do?

A:users on windows 8 under my pc : local disk c

What exactly are all five called? Most of them are folders created and required by Windows and you need to leave them. The only files in those users(profiles) are those required by Windows to create new profiles or by files that are used across all profiles. All Users, Default, Default User, Public are always there, although most are hidden by default. You'll also have at least one other account for the actual user. The username.Migrated folder gets created when you switch account types from local to Microsoft Account or vice versa, that you can cleanup if you want. You may also have an Administrator account if it was enabled and used.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/users-on-windows-8-under-my-pc-local-disk-c.1145393/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,

I have found where to apply the policy for restricting access to local C drive on my windows 7 PC, but it does it for all users, including myself, which is no use. Can someone please help?

Jim

Relevancy 62.35%

G'day guys and gals I jsut read this thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t infected-with-sdra exe-running-vista and read some of the responses from the techs and Im rathe worried now Im the process of backing up my files but I have so many and gonna blow up my C drive and instal Windows since its a good excuse to get it But about of my programs are installed to my TB drive I call it my E so Im putting my documents in C:\Users\Leo\AppData\Roaming sdra64.exe and desktop things there so when I format I dont have to download or lose anything important What my fear is will I still be able to access them as if they were still part of my C sdra64.exe in C:\Users\Leo\AppData\Roaming drive after the format For example I get Windows then I try and access my TB drive and instead of accessing the game or the program it wont and I have to install it update it and dl the patches again Yes Im an MMO gamer Anyway I've been trying all these ways to delete this damn virus I've tried all the solutions and I found out they arent for Vista Thsi is the only place that seems to know what they are doing I did the solution where you end the svchost exe tasks and the registry like the orignal poster did and ended up having my pc reset and worse I have about svchost exe processes running at the moment Id like some help if you guys know what to do Im in the process of buying Windows seven and MAYBE a new Hard drive so I can keep my current C as a back up jsut in case My other dumb question is if I install a new hard drive with a new OS and then connect my infected drive as if it was some kind of external drive to drag files I need over will it still infect my new OS Thanks for any help in advance Leo

A:sdra64.exe in C:\Users\Leo\AppData\Roaming

I dont wanna sound annoying, but Im kinda stressed atm.... isnt there anyone who has an I idea what to do? my only solution is to get a new HDD and a new OS and hope that if I connect my old hard drive to drag some files over it wont re-infect my new OS.

I would appreciate any kind of help atm. Im not the kind of person that handles this kind of stuff well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/280929/sdra64exe-in-cusersleoappdataroaming/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi i recently done a clean out of my system and found that a file has gone missing the file being C Users Administrator AppData Local Microsoft Windows TemporaryInternetFiles ContentIE has gone missing but when i run ccleaner which may i add i only use for cleaning out my cookies and cache it is there and when i click on the file and it says show detailed information it has in it C Users Administrator AppData Local Microsoft Windows TemporaryInternetFiles ContentIE Y BS BX animated connector broken C Users Administrator AppData Local Microsoft Windows TemporaryInternetFiles ContentIE C OBYX unknown state connector C Users Administrator AppData Local Microsoft Windows TemporaryInternetFiles ContentIE FY C F C Users Administrator AppData Local Microsoft Windows TemporaryInternetFiles ContentIE S AJOHNA animated connetor c loop what are these files and where are they hidding because ccleaner is picking them out but when i do a manual search i can only get to C Users Administrator AppData Local Microsoft missing C:\Users\Administrator\AppData Windows and then i can't find the TemporaryInternetFiles folder so where can it have gone to Any Help Thanks

A:C:\Users\Administrator\AppData missing

hi ,,,, these could be hidden system files maybe ??also googled it,,,, take a read through some of these,,, cant test most of it out on mine as i dont have the file your looking for,,http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&q=conte...0376c673d384194good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276005/cusersadministratorappdata-missing/
Relevancy 62.35%

I am building a new PC I had a problem and the MB manufacture asked me to take the board out of the case and run the MB on cardboard so any grounding issue could be eliminated My Win Ult b OS is installed on C and that is an SSD I moved my User folder to B and everything worked fine before I Users\MyName\AppData is My Folder gone! took the MB out I took the MB out and only hooked up C and booted the PC Please refer to the attached screen shot of the error message I got I assume that this is because B was not hooked up and that is were my user folder was The problem is that Win can not find information that it is looking for when trying to load the desktop for my user name Anyway I got done troubleshooting and put everything back together all drives are hooked up and I get the My Users\MyName\AppData Folder is gone! same error message I created another user and Win will go into that new user just fine but will not go into my user name without getting the error message I started searching and I noticed that B Users MyName AppData does not show up in Windows Explorer B Users MyName MyDocuments is there along with other folders but the AppData folder does not show up I searched the HD My Users\MyName\AppData Folder is gone! for a folder that I new was in AppData and the Win search function finds it and I can access it so the data is there Does anyone know how I can get Windows Explorer to again display recognize the B Users My Users\MyName\AppData Folder is gone! MyName AppData folder If not then it looks like I am going to have to just reinstall Win and start from scratch

A:My Users\MyName\AppData Folder is gone!

Did you actually have a drive installed on B:? I haven't seen a drive on B is 10-15 years.

But anyway, I can see some serious problems with trying to log into a user account when the location for the users folder no longer exists. Not sure you can actually run without those folders available so windows may have recreated empty ones on your C drive again, not sure.

Are you able to get to the desktop in that account at all? Have you tried performing the same steps to "move" your user folder back to the B drive again?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/107261-my-users-myname-appdata-folder-gone.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have moved all of the user file from the c: on to any hard drive can move appdata folder as well also is there way new users file are automatically on the other drive

A:Move appdata folder all users

See this tutorial for definitive instructions:
User Profiles - Relocate to another Partition or Disk

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/37029-move-appdata-folder-all-users.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I use Media Center Netflix which uses Silverlight "Isolated Storage" to buffer streaming data.
Win7 Isolated Storage is located at C:\Users\Tom\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Silverlight\is
My C Drive is an SSD so I don't want streaming data buffering to be happening there, reducing the life of the SSD.

I checked properties on all the folders starting with "is" and there is not a Location tab until "LocalLow"
If I change the location of C:\Users\Tom\AppData\LocalLow to my secondary hard-drive, will this cause problems (other than some slow-down)?

A:OK to Relocate \Users\xxx\AppData\LocalLow?

Bump... Anybody?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/354875-ok-relocate-users-xxx-appdata-locallow.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Every time I restart Windows I receive this message. I have looked online for anything related to it without success. What can I do to correct this? Any assistance is most appreciated.

Relevancy 62.35%

If I installed a program like Lotus Notes on a 64-bit version of Windows 7 and then discovered that the program didn?t function the way I need it to and then restored the computer back to a point before the installation, would it be okay to delete the Lotus Notes folder that was created in the AppData\Local\ folder since those files won?t be used anymore? Does the registry need those files?

A:Deleting Files Out of AppData\Local

Yeah, you can delete it in that case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/125399-deleting-files-out-appdata-local.html
Relevancy 62.35%

OS Windows Vista Type Desktop PC Hello So I noticed the other day that my AppData gt Local gt Temp folder contained probably over GB of crap Almost all of this crap came in the form of zip file copies each one beginning with the preface Temp followed by a number For example Temp Temp Temp all the way up to Temp An example of such files Temp SEUS v Lite zip Temp SEUS v Lite zip Temp SEUS v Lite zip I recognized these zips as coming from a mod I downloaded for the game MineCraft a long time ago however not all the files are from that game The only commonality between all the duplicates are that they are all zip files It is as if my computer is making a backup copy of EVERY zip folder on the computer and storing them in the Local gt Temp folder I deleted Local of 60 Over AppData > folders Temp > in zip GB all these duplicates just yesterday and then checked the folder again today Surprise more zip files were created between pm and pm In total GB of zip data was copied - for no apparent reason - to AppData gt Local Over 60 GB of zip folders in AppData > Local > Temp gt Temp So what is going on here Is this a virus Is it some weird Windows backup feature From what I understand the Temp folder should automatically purge itself of most files once they are not in use I haven't used ANY of those zip files in months It seems like each day they all just re-create themselves adding even more copies to the already-ungodly amount of copies Note Over 60 GB of zip folders in AppData > Local > Temp I am very tempted to just perform a System Restore if this turns out to be complicated problem or virus so if you think it is definitely a virus just let me know and I'll nuke the whole darn thing I just don't want to restore the computer if it turns out this is some silly problem which can be solved by simply unchecking a box Thank you in advance

A:Over 60 GB of zip folders in AppData > Local > Temp

What tool are you using?(Winrar,Winzip..) These compression tools usually use temp folder for temporary location for extraction and other operations.
Do you think all these files are related somehow of the operations you have been doing like extracting? There could also be some background program which uses compression tools.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586548/over-60-gb-of-zip-folders-in-appdata-local-temp/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello, I got many folders with names like below in my AppData/Local folder. What are they for and can they be deleted?

{5FDC113D-FB1E-4B77-9C32-40CF430B8115}

Thanks.

A:Strange folders in AppData/Local

Hello Softbrain & Welcome to Sevenforums!

I would let those files stay where they are, the AppData is usually hidden so users shouldn't be able to manipulate/delete them. I would let them stay, as they're used to store your memory in the applications and software you're running.

If you want to hide or show your folders, you should go to the link below:
Hidden Files and Folders - Show or Hide

Or for more knowledge go here:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/?filter[2]=File%20Folder%20Settings

Hope this helps!
Best Regards,

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/164649-strange-folders-appdata-local.html
Relevancy 62.35%

On switching on my daughters slow laptop it always comes up with this message.
There was a problem starting

C:Users\Emily|Appdata\Temp\trachme64.dll

The specified module could not be found
Ive looked for the module and its not there

Google recommends Registry fix programs

Is there a manual fix

Thanks

A:No AppData\Local\Temp\trachme64.dll

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Read the Instructions in the Link below and Download the Program ..
Autoruns for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/325878-no-appdata-local-temp-trachme64-dll.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Screenshot Here

Just wondering what folders with these kinds of names are supposed to be.

They're empty and I'm doing a routine cleanup (where I delete all folders that I know are left behind from programs I've uninstalled. I usually clean everything up manually, then run CCleaner, then run the registry cleaner as well).

I've seen these several times but have never bothered to ask about them, and just let them be. But now I'll ask I suppose - any idea what these are for?

Perhaps they're just temporary folders used in some sort of process?

A:What are these folders in my \AppData\Local directory?

Those folders are created by the Windows Update, usual culprit is Windows Live and various components of it. For instance if you are using Live Mail client you will get these folders.

This issue is common and also previously discussed at the Seven Forums in for instance these threads:Empty folders in AppData/Local
AppData\Local - Folders with random characters
It's a minor bug in Update not to automatically delete these after the update has finished. You can read more and find a script to delete these at Microsoft Answers: What is creating the hex folders (hex names in curly braces) - Microsoft Community

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/286842-what-these-folders-my-appdata-local-directory.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I ran an antivirus scan using AVAST! antivirus, and this file came up, with a severity level of high. It was located in C:\Users\MY_NAME\AppData\Local\29936\Updater.exe. Is it a virus? I haven't been able to find any good info on it online. Also, Avast automatically deleted it.

A:Updater.exe in \Appdata\Local\29936?

UPDATE:
Ran FRST
LOG:
Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) (x64) Version:05-03-2016 01
Ran by Clyde Rypins (administrator) on CLYDERYPINS-PC (10-04-2016 12:21:57)
Running from C:\Users\Clyde Rypins\Downloads
Loaded Profiles: Clyde Rypins (Available Profiles: Clyde Rypins & DefaultAppPool)
Platform: Windows 10 Pro Version 1511 (X64) Language: English (United States)
Internet Explorer Version 11 (Default browser: Chrome)
Boot Mode: Normal
Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/335081-frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

==================== Processes (Whitelisted) =================

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, the process will be closed. The file will not be moved.)

(NVIDIA Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\nvvsvc.exe
(NVIDIA Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvSCPAPISvr.exe
(DisplayLink Corp.) C:\Program Files\DisplayLink Core Software\DisplayLinkManager.exe
(AVAST Software) C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastSvc.exe
(Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG) C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\Antivirus\sched.exe
(Adobe Systems Incorporated) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\ElevationManager\AdobeUpdateService.exe
(Adobe Systems, Incorporated) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCClient\AGSService.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\AutoUpdate\SkypeC2CAutoUpdateSvc.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\PNRSvc\SkypeC2CPNRSvc.exe
() C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\A-Tuning\Bin\IOMonitorSrv.exe
(Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG) C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\Antivirus\avguard.exe
(Google Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome Remote Desktop\50.0.2661.22\remoting_host.exe
(NVIDIA Corporation) C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\GeForce Experience Service\GfExperienceService.exe
(LogMeIn, Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn\x64\ramaint.exe
(LogMeIn, Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn\x64\LogMeIn.exe
(LogMeIn, Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn Hamachi\LMIGuardianSvc.exe
(LogMeIn Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn Hamachi\hamachi-2.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\mqsvc.exe
(NVIDIA Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NetService\NvNetworkService.exe
(Symantec Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\22.6.0.142\nis.exe
(NVIDIA Corporation) C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvStreamSrv\NvStreamService.exe
(Razer Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer Chroma SDK\bin\RzSDKService.exe
(Razer Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Razer Cortex\RzKLService.exe
(TeamViewer GmbH) C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer_Service.exe
(Panda Security, S.L.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda Security\Panda Devices Agent\AgentSvc.exe
(Panda Security, S.L.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda Security\Panda Security Protection\PSANHost.exe
(Panda Security, S.L.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda Security\Panda Security Protection\PSUAService.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\SMSvcHost.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\SMSvcHost.exe
(Google Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome Remote Desktop\50.0.2661.22\remoting_host.exe
(Google Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\1.3.29.5\GoogleCrashHandler.exe
(Google Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\1.3.29.5\GoogleCrashHandler64.exe
(Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG) C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\Antivirus\avshadow.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\FWService\IntelMeFWService.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\DAL\jhi_service.exe
(NVIDIA Corporation) C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvStreamSrv\NvStreamNetworkSe... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610784/updaterexe-in-appdatalocal29936/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello everyone, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this query.

I am seeing a lot of folders with seemingly random names, all of which are empty, appearing in AppData/Local. I check back every few days and there are more and more... Why are these folders appearing and what is their purpose?

Attached is a screenshot of what I'm talking about... if you notice where the scrollbar is, the whole area above is just more empty folders; 87 of them right now.

Thanks

A:Empty folders in AppData/Local

Hi, welcome to the forums

I have seen similar folders appear on machines infected with malware. Are there any strange files in the same folder? (scroll to the bottom).

You may want to download MalwareBytes and perform a full system scan just to be on the safe side. You will find that those folders can be deleted with no issues to your system.

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/149980-empty-folders-appdata-local.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I seem to be accumulating mystery folders in Users/User/AppData/Local. I have attached a snip and I have no idea what these are except that all the folders are empty.The computer is about 18 months old so this is a fairly new occurrence. Any thoughts please?

A:Mystery Folders in AppData/Local

Quote: Originally Posted by Judesman

I seem to be accumulating mystery folders in Users/User/AppData/Local. I have attached a snip and I have no idea what these are except that all the folders are empty.The computer is about 18 months old so this is a farly new occurence. Any thoughts please?

They are created when something is installed. Unique Identifiers they are a perfectly normal occurrence.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/178991-mystery-folders-appdata-local.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Mod Edit: Moved to Am I Infected forum. ~~ boopmeHello,   I get this C:\users\HP\AppData\local\Conduit\BackgroundContainer\BachgroundContainer.dll error everytime I startup my computer. I do not know what it is and a lot of software I use seems to be crashing a lot. If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

A:\AppData\local\Conduit\BackgroundContainer????

Hi Trent E.,

It's not unusual to receive such an error(s) when "booting up" after using anti-virus and other security scanning tools to remove a malware infection.
A "Cannot find...", "Could not run...", "Error loading... or "specific module could not be found" message is usually related to a malware file that was set to run at startup in the registry but has been deleted. Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it since the file was mostly likely removed during an anti-virus or anti-malware scan. However, an associated orphaned registry entry still remains and is telling Windows to load the file when you boot up. Since the file no longer exists, Windows will display an error message. You need to remove this registry entry so Windows stops searching for the file when it loads.

Lets get a log from autoruns in order to find where the value is running from and disable it:

Please download Autoruns.

Open Downloads in your browser and click on the Autoruns download.

Click on Run to initiate the installation.

When Autoruns loads you will see an image similar to the one below.

Click on File, then click on Save.

You will see an image similar to the one below.

Choose Desktop as the destination, then click on the down arrow in the Save as type: box and click on Text (*.txt), then click on Save.

There will be a Text icon on the desktop titled AutoRuns, click on it to open the log.

Copy the log and paste it in your next post.

xXToffeeXx~

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516943/appdatalocalconduitbackgroundcontainer/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit, and there are 474 apparently empty folders in my Appdata Local folder. These folder file names are in parentheses and consist of 16bit characters only - 0-9 and a-f.

Can I delete these folders without hurting anything?

I have uploaded an image showing a few of these.

Thanks.

A:Deleting folders in Appdata Local

Yes you can delete them.

They are from Windows Live Mail and they should have been put in a Temp folder and deleted but there apparently is a bug in that program.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/deleting-folders-in-appdata-local-611269.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Ok - first off - please no spankings I stepped on my wilie and I know it And worse - I knew better This is about a fundamentally ok and up-to-date Windows Ultimate system with plenty of resources and no virus or malware problems Just a user prob I had and still do an GIG user profile like I said - no spankings I've been making attempts to quot fix quot this restore user (can do the file "deleted" How Users) find profile I in and resize to something reasonable for some time now Today I foolishly thought System Restore would cover me set a restore point and ran a script to 'clean up' the profile Well - it sure did - now every thing is quot new quot And of course the How do I restore "deleted" user profile (can find the file in Users) system restore fails with the dreaded x xx error code Have tried all the restore-fixes and nothing works Now I don't even have the old restore files I'd like to get back to the old humongous profile - and IT STILL IS How do I restore "deleted" user profile (can find the file in Users) THERE However it doesn't show up in quot Local Users and Groups quot One repair I tried which only sorta worked was to log in as an Admin and copy all the files in quot AVR quot the lost one to the new one quot AVR GBXBOX quot I took several hours to copy all the files over no spanking and when I restarted the quot AVR GFXBOX quot is still the current user but only behaves somewhat like the original But still isn't quite right Outlook thinks it hasn't run and I had email accounts I rather not have to rebuild And other similar probs So with all that sad whining - my big question is How can I make the old user profile titled quot AVR quot become an active and recognized profile Would this need to be some sort of registry edit It sets in a User directory but will not be listed an any system utility Once I get this repaired I'll do a proper backup and restore disk Macrium - but would sure like to get back to my old nasty bloated user profile And - after all that - the new user with a smallish profile really doesn't boot any faster Just hoping somebody may have been thru such a debacle and have found a way to re-activate that old user

A:How do I restore "deleted" user profile (can find the file in Users)

Can you go to Start / Control Panel / User Accounts / Manage another account ? (the 'old user' account?)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379258-how-do-i-restore-deleted-user-profile-can-find-file-users.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

I'm pretty sure my computer's infected (through utorrent), in task manager I saw a svchost32.exe running under c:/Users/MyUsername/Appdata/roaming but the file's invisible even show hidden files option's selected.

I ended the process, make the scannes indicated above and attached the log files.

Any help's appreciated.

Thank you.

A:Svchost32.exe in Users/MyUsername/Appdata/roaming

Any help ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/svchost32-exe-in-users-myusername-appdata-roaming.984394/
Relevancy 61.49%

I can never find Appdata when I go into my login name folder. I have to search it. Any reason why?

A:AppData doesn't show when I go into Users>(username)

It's a hidden folder and you can't see them by default. Go to Computer and at the top left, there's a button that says "Organize". Click that and choose "Folder and Search options". Go to the view tab and underneath "Hidden Files and Folders" click on "Show hidden files and folders"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/242061/appdata-doesnt-show-when-i-go-into-usersusername/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a 32-bit version of Microsoft Windows XP, Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3.
How can I find the file(s): "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ArcSoft"? I have navigated through Windows Explorer / Tools / Folder Options / View / "show hidden files" & unlock "hide protected operating system files". I can't find any file names that begin with C:\Users\. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 61.49%

I have two accounts on my computer and when i came to log on i got a maessage saying Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service Error, Check System Logs.
This is what was logged in the logs:

System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service
[ Guid] {89B1E9F0-5AFF-44A6-9B44-0A07A7CE5845}
[ EventSourceName] profsvc

- EventID 1500

[ Qualifiers] 49152

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2008-01-04T23:57:41.000Z

EventRecordID 22597

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 0
[ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer Joe-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-21-2695128183-1812536087-2989148585-1000
- EventData

Error The system cannot find the file specified.

I can not log on to my main account on my p.c, Help!

A:Solved: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service

Well it sounds like the profile is corrupted. Can you boot with administrative rights and access the profile manually?

You will probably have to rebuild it in another account.

You also may want to run chkdsk on the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-windows-user-profiles-service.668237/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello Yesterday I did a scan with my virus scanner Esset NOD and it said I ve got a trojan Svchost in appdata/local/temp trojan in AppData local temp called svchost jar So I downloaded the Svchost trojan in appdata/local/temp program Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and did a quick scan And also that said that there trojan in svchost But it hasn t done good removing it nor did NOD You can see my log from MalwareBytes below System specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MEDIONPC MS- Antivirus ESET NOD Antivirus Updated and Enabled MalwareBytes log Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Trial www malwarebytes org Database version v Windows Service Pack x NTFS Internet Explorer Marijn MARIJN-MEDION administrator Protection Enabled - - mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Quick scan Scan options enabled Memory Startup Registry File System Heuristics Extra Heuristics Shuriken PUP PUM Scan options disabled P Svchost trojan in appdata/local/temp P Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Detected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Detected No malicious items detected Svchost trojan in appdata/local/temp Registry Keys Detected No malicious items detected Registry Values Detected HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run svchost Backdoor Bot - gt Data C Program Files x Java jre bin javaw exe -jar quot C Users Marijn AppData Local Temp svchost jar quot - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Data Items Detected No malicious items detected Folders Detected No malicious items detected Files Detected No malicious items detected end I hope so that someone can help me removing this trojan Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

All I screwed up today While meaning to delete files from AppData Local Temp I accidentally deleted many from AppData Sidebar Is there folders missing - Local\AppData\Credentials any way to configure the file explorer such that deleting from the folder view is disabled After a brief panic I downloaded from another machine the utility Recuva thank you and restored the missing files to a separate drive after which I copied them back to where they belong But there was a problem - I could not copy files from the recovered folder Credentials to Local AppData Credentials Even stranger I did not have permission to view the security credentials of Local AppData Credentials I Local\AppData\Credentials folders - missing tried booting to safe mode to fix this but both folders were gone - the recovered one as well as Local AppData Credentials So my system is up and running but the folder Local AppData Credentials is missing I tried using Recuva again but it did not find the folder I also looked in an older backup of my profile but again Local\AppData\Credentials folders - missing I did not see the folder The folder does whoever exist on my notebook but whose to say if the information is consistent Things seem to be working but I am worried - it seems that I deleted something important and that this will come back to haunt me and in the worst way How bad is this really Is there anything I can do to mitigate possible problems

A:Local\AppData\Credentials folders - missing

Windows will recreate Credentials along with a lot of the files in the Local part of AppData, most of that stuff is temporary. Might affect some of your applications configuration but it will not have any ill effects to Windows itself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/186831-local-appdata-credentials-folders-missing.html
Relevancy 61.49%

What is the System File in %userprofile%\AppData\Local named "ℤ?☠" (without the quotes)?

It is only 8 bytes large and was last modified 12/9/12.

Is it supposed to be there?

Is it from an infection?

A:Strange file in %userprofile%\AppData\Local

Run a full antivirus scan
Download and run a full scan with Malwarebytes
Use eset online scanner and make a scan. This one catches a lot.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/303584-strange-file-userprofile-appdata-local.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,
On my computer, AppData\Local\Packages folder is taking a lot of space.
What files/folders can be deleted from this folder and what is the impact?
Thanks
Anil

A:Deleting data from AppData\Local\Packages

Hello Anil,
The files in the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages folder store the user configuration settings for all of the installed Modern UI Apps.
These apps use a completely different programming model than the traditional Desktop (Win32) apps.
It is not recommended to delete the folder.
If you are just trying to clear the Windows Store Cache, there is a built-in component to accomplish this.
1. Press the WinKey+Q to display the Search and type WSRESET.
2. In the Results, click wsreset to reset the Store Cache.
3. The Windows Store will open and confirm that the cache has been cleared.
Best regards,
Fangzhou CHNEFangzhou CHEN
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a9f30534-8d91-4bdf-8864-3a64f4b71e04/deleting-data-from-appdatalocalpackages?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 61.49%

I am debugging an problem with an application which uses AppData Local Temp to store its temporary files My questions are Q Does W ever automatically delete files from this folder Q Is each application supposed to delete the files it creates Q If ...\AppData\Local\Temp in files deleted? do How get Q is YES are their known cases where a badly written application goes delete AppData Local Temp That would cause my problem as it would delete my temporary files I ask because the symptom of the problem I am debugging How do files in ...\AppData\Local\Temp get deleted? is that the application's temporary files in AppData Local Temp suddenly get deleted which causes the application How do files in ...\AppData\Local\Temp get deleted? to lose data Note that the files being deleted are not quot held open by the application quot so there is no protection from their being deleted by another program Also I know that cleaning programs can be scheduled to clean AppData Local Temp but I am ignoring that for the moment - I want to know what W does Thanks

A:How do files in ...\AppData\Local\Temp get deleted?

> Q1 Does W7 ever automatically delete files from this folder?
Not that I have ever seen.
> Q2 Is each application supposed to delete the files it creates?
In my opinion, apps should cleanup after themselves, but many apps do not.
> Q3 If Q2 is YES, are their known cases where a badly written application goes delete ...\AppData\Local\Temp\*.*? That would cause my problem as it would delete my temporary files.
I don't know of any "normal" apps that delete temp files that were created by other apps. Of course, apps that are designed to delete some or all temp files (e.g. CCleaner) will delete temp file created by other apps.
You can use Process Monitor to determine which app is removing the temp file of interest.

Set a filter for Path > contains > AppData\Local\Temp > Include

If desired, you can be more specific with the filter above. You can include one of the files that holds data of interest. If desired, you can add a a filter to include entries for every temp file of interest.

If need be, you can temporarily exclude the app that writes the data to these temp files. Right click on the app name and select exclude from the context menu. That should let you see any other apps that are acting on the temp files of interest.

If you need to let Process Monitor run for a long time, set a local backing file.
(Menu bar > Files > Backing Files...)

If you need more help using Process Monitor, search YouTube or post your questions here in this thread.
If need be, we can probably come up with a script that will alert you to when the temp files are deleted. Knowing the exact time of deletion might help you find the entries of interest within Process Monitor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/388069-how-do-files-appdata-local-temp-get-deleted.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi there System 7 Demigods,

So I'm in my email where a buddy sent me a word doc as an attachment that I modified, hit save, and saved to Lord Knows Where....

The address when I retrace my steps (ever so cautiously) is:

<<Users>Name>AppData>Local>Temp

Now I can see the Word file but can't find out how to open it so I can send it back to my buddy. Wahhhh!

It looks like the file is hidden because as I open up explorer and go down the list I can get to Users, then Name, then there is NO AppData file or folder to open. Bloody Microsoft Weenies!!!

How do you open AppData, and then >Local, then >Temp.

Oh yeah, the word doc is saved as a "Rich Text Format" if that helps.

Your kind advice gratefully accepted... Thanks all.

A:AppData>Local>Temp (???) Lost file *&%@!*!!

Unhide hidden files and folders ... click on 'folder options' from the control panel, then click on 'View' tab, uncheck don't show hidden files and folders, and 'hide extentions for known types'.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/157528-appdata-local-temp-lost-file.html