Windows Support Forum

Solved: My Videos Library Ate My Pictures Library

Q: Solved: My Videos Library Ate My Pictures Library

EDIT This issue has been solved Hi there This problem is slowly driving me crazy and I d appreciate anyone s insights My default Pictures library has somehow become a permanent clone of my Videos library It s not that it s a copy of Videos it s that both libraries have merged into the same entity The quot Pictures library-ms quot file literally does not exist Windows is using one file and one set of options yet displaying it as if there were two libraries And it stubbornly refuses to acknowledge that quot Pictures quot can or should exist If I delete one of the quot Videos quot both links remain visible until I refresh the Explorer window which makes them both disappear If I try to delete one and then the other Windows says it Library My Videos Solved: My Pictures Library Ate can t find the file which makes sense since the individual quot Videos library-ms Solved: My Videos Library Ate My Pictures Library quot file is already gone If I delete all of my libraries and then select quot Restore default libraries quot both duplicates reappear as before No quot Pictures library-ms quot is ever created I can manually create a new library called quot Pictures quot but it doesn t Solved: My Videos Library Ate My Pictures Library affect the presence of the duplicate Videos and other applications such as Windows Media Player do not recognize it as the official Pictures library WMP only shows images in the Videos folders and if I select quot Manage Pictures library quot from the WMP navigation pane it opens the options for the Videos library Strangest of all is this if I delete all libraries and don t restore them manually a quot Videos quot library will automatically reappear at some point no more than hours later I can delete it when this happens but it will continue to reappear at regular intervals I ve tried editing the registry to completely disable the Libraries feature as seen here and then reenable it using the factory defaults but this doesn t make a difference Since that patch completely removes the default libraries properties from the registry I have to conclude that Windows stores additional library data elsewhere but I haven t had any luck finding it I would really appreciate any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: My Videos Library Ate My Pictures Library

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 26.66%

Power outage due to storm. Came back on without pictures and documents. It's an HP desktop. Would a file recovery program work? I've tried some of the instructions online, but they don't work.

A:Lost pictures on Windows 7 from power outage

Oh mary; I feel your pain. Were the pics within one folder and now they're ALL missing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-pictures-on-windows-7-from-power-outage.217351/
Relevancy 25.8%

I'm currently in the process of trying to run three separate videos on three separate computers which are then connected to three separate projectors (sorry if this seems confusing). I want these videos being projected to all start and run simultaneously, keeping them in sync with one another.

I've read posts about the VLC Media Player, but am not sure if it's what I need since I will be using three separate computers and then connecting to projectors.

If anyone knows of a way that I can do this either with the VLC Media Player or without I'd greatly appreciate the help. Thanks guys, xx

(I'm not quite sure if this should be solved with hardware or software)

A:Running three videos on separate computers simultaneously

I want these videos being projected to all start and run simultaneously, keeping them in sync with one another.Click to expand...

almost 99.9% impossible. Whether it's streaming or simple MP4s, each system is pulling independently and every system has a unique client-host latency and will likely get out of sync almost immediately.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-three-videos-on-separate-computers-simultaneously.212543/
Relevancy 10.75%

Here again since I have the most weird problem ever which I have never seen nor heard of before. I recently upgraded the OS on a friends computer, from Vista to 7. However now I can't seem to get the onboard ethernet adapter to work, it can't be seen in device manager nor anywhere else. I have tried to reset the bios (by removing the cmos battery) and I have also checked that the network adapter is set to 'Enabled'. Also, when I connect the cable to the ethernet port no lights go on, it doesn't give any sort of hope what so ever. The cable is ok, the "modem" is ok, and everything else seems to be in order and yet it doesn't work.

Computer in question:
HP Pavilion 6530sc
Non-default GPU and added 1Gb RAM

A:Solved: Computer doesn't recognize the network adapter

Whenever you install a new OS, always take note of the model of core system hardware like GPU, chipset, and ethernet/wifi (there are a few others that aren't as important, but nice to have updated) since those are critical to your computers core functionality.

However, a quick google search of your model yielded me with your PC's system specs. Your PC contains a Realtek RTL8201N ethernet adapter. So far I am unable to find a driver from Realtek itself and the HP driver is not Realtek, but instead nVidia nForce.

So after a bit of searching, I came across this: it seems to me that you have an old chipset from nVidia. I am not completely sure, but I think you have an ION chipset. Try installing this ION chipset driver (64 bit) ==OR== this ION chipset driver (32 bit) and tell me if it works. It should include the necessary component drivers and if it works, it means you have an ION chipset like I suspected.

Here are the specifications for your PC BTW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-computer-doesnt-recognize-the-network-adapter.204750/
Relevancy 26.66%

On my iphone4 when I tap the pictures folder, there are videos in it too,same videos in my video folder but no pictures in it. Is that normal or not? I've gone thru the settings but see no way to separate them.

A:Pics & videos together

As you can see, the first 5 are pictures & the rest are videos, is that normal?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pics-videos-together.204339/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys Just got my new Sound Blaster Everything phenomenal Blaster sounds videos Youtube Sound Z: except Z in the mail this morning After some research I found that I Sound Blaster Z: Everything sounds phenomenal except Youtube videos should set Windows Sound settings to Speakers non-full range in order to best utilize the SB drivers I use a pair of Razer Carcharias stereo headset I don Sound Blaster Z: Everything sounds phenomenal except Youtube videos t have speakers Supposedly by doing this and turning on SBX Surround I ll get simulated surround in games and listen to stereo music just fine simply by turning off SBX Surround when doing so Well games sound great with simulated surround FLACs stored on my computer sound great and crisp no matter what Windows is set to Stereo or BUT Youtube videos sound awful In order to get Youtube videos to sound good I need to go into Windows CP and set the sound options to Stereo Speakers Once I do it goes back to sounding great again It should be noted that I only use Youtube for music As unlikely as it may sound YT is an amazing resource for classical music You can find a lot of performances by different conductors orchestras or soloists if a solo piece and Sound Blaster Z: Everything sounds phenomenal except Youtube videos you can create your own playlists It s kind of a big deal to me Everything else about the card is amazing Windows x Latest Firefox Latest Creative drivers Jan as of this post Problem The sound loses clarity it becomes muddy and the bass is way over the top If I crank the volume too high the sound becomes distorted Not pleasant at all This doesn t happen in the slightest with music stored on my hard drive only YT nbsp

A:Sound Blaster Z: Everything sounds phenomenal except Youtube videos

Hey Coxis,

The behavior that you explained can be fixed if you set the adobe flash player to 'follow' your soundcard settings. If you're on 64-bit windows, go to:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\

Open MMS.CFG and add this line:

UseWAVPlayer=1

Worked perfectly for my 5.1 setup. Youtube audio was previously stuck on its own upmix (a.k.a simulated surround) settings and ignored my soundcard settings.

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-z-everything-sounds-phenomenal-except-youtube-videos.202558/
Relevancy 25.8%

So, Youtube and other sites work, but with certain embedded video players, clicking the fullscreen button does nothing. The video just remains windowed. This has been a problem for awhile now, and I have been unable to find a solution anywhere, as nobody seems to share my issue. I run Firefox, and have an HP Pavilion laptop. I will upload a screenshot of one of the players that does not work.
Also, I tried disabling hardware acceleration and had no luck.

RE
It is not the website lacking the required code for fullscreen, because this happens on any website running one of these players, and they used to work fine for me.

A:Fullscreen button not working with online videos

Other than the video being stretched on my 16:10 display, I had no issues w/ the playback on IE10 & FF26. Have you tried updating Flash plugin, if not the latest, to see if that fixes your problem? Do you have the same problem w/ IE?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fullscreen-button-not-working-with-online-videos.199491/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello all.
I tried both of Kolavec's fixes. Neither worked.
I've also tried keeping Youtube and Task Manager open to check which process was doing the damage...
It seems that keeping Task Manager open stops the video from lagging (also tested on IE 11.0.2).
This antidote, sadly, doesn't extend to games.
This thread was created by someone with the same problem who seemed to have found a trojan responsible for the slowdown. Any and all advice would be appreciated.
PS. I'm so relieved that there are recent thread on this topic! Thank you (and I share the pain of every sufferer).

EDIT:
Following the advice given in linked thread, I found an executable file "vpecyihvyphx.exe" that started upon leaving the mouse idle and disappeared when I moved the mouse again. I await any guidance/ recommendations you have for me.

EDIT 2:
I just downloaded and ran MalwareBytes Anti Malware (Free) and it seems to have done the job for now. I'll keep you all posted and I hope this helped some of you.

Moderator note - Post moved from this thread: http://www.techspot.com/community/t...hen-I-dont-move-my-mouse.196106/#post-1375126

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-lag-when-i-dont-move-my-mouse.199492/
Relevancy 26.23%

I got this same problem with videos in youtube and such. One quess was that it was a bitcoin miner. Any one know how to get rid of it? My antivirus can't find it.

A:Videos/games lag when i don't move my mouse

Open Task Manager to the performance tab. Leave mouse idle. Does CPU usage rise?

If yes, hit PRocesses tab, and take a screenshot of which process is taking up CPU time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-games-lag-when-i-dont-move-my-mouse.196106/
Relevancy 26.23%

Anytime I watch online videos, or play games w/ my xbox 360 controller the video lags after about a minute passes and I have to move the mouse to make it stop. It's really annoying when I'm playing video games and it throws me off.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-games-lag-when-i-dont-move-my-mouse-what-do.195950/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi,my hard disk is paritioned into 4 drives.In my F drive my videos are stored,when I open my F drive and go to the folder where some particular videos are stored and try to watch it, there is a green loading bar at the address bar and then my pc hangs,I cannot copy,rename etc the file
This occurs with approx all my folders but only about 40-50 % videos are affected in a particular folder,rest run normally
Thanks in advance

A:Cannot watch/copy videos

What is the total size of this hard drive, and its 4 partitions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-watch-copy-videos.192779/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi. Whenever I download any video from youtube or any other website, it has crackling sound. I tried reinstalling various drivers, flash player, different downloading tools but nothing helps. however, when I don't download but just watch video on youtube, sound is ok.
How to fix it?
I have dell n5010 and windows 7 running
Any help would be appreciated

A:Crackling sound in downloaded videos

Have you tried transferring the video to other PC and see if it works fine? the program you used to play the video may be the culprit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crackling-sound-in-downloaded-videos.190345/
Relevancy 26.66%

I cannot download any youtube videos from my IDM why is this so??
it always gives a notification which I had posted with a screen shot...

A:Can't download YouTube videos

Try using jdownloader.org.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-download-youtube-videos.188880/
Relevancy 26.66%

When ever I download any video from you-tube from IDM this (shown in picture) appears,
I don't wna change the down-loader as I m an IDM lover but I have tried on different browsers ,and my down-loader is also up to date ...
please help
THANKX !

A:Why can't I download YouTube videos?

Although it is illegal to download some videos from youtube, what browser are you using & what video download addon are you using & a link to the video would help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-cant-i-download-youtube-videos.187070/
Relevancy 10.75%

I was bored the other night so I No output reassembling parts video good solved after -- decided to assemble some parts I had laying around into a working system It was late and I d had a couple beers so I wasn t at my best I had some trouble installing the Hyper but finally had it all together and wired up It seemed to boot up fine all fans spinning both drives spinning but no output to video I knew that all parts came from a working system tried another No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved monitor tried a video card cleared CMOS reseated RAM no video Took it all apart and examined the mobo looking for shorted spots and cracks nothing I could see was wrong Went to bed had nightmares about electromagnetic pulse weapons testing randomly destroying computers all over the world Got up determined to fix a computer that shouldn t be broken installed the CPU and Hyper No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved again noticed that this time it lined up the screws much easier and didn t press the heatsink as tightly - looked at the instruction illustration again and realized I had the X bracket on wrong before quot breadboarded quot it and the video works Put it all back in the case testing at each step to make sure it was still getting VGA output It works fine now The extra mechanical force applied by the X bracket being wrong was enough to stress the CPU or the mobo to the point of throttling the video output somehow So for all you others who had the same problem no video after re-assembling good parts which Googled up in the hundreds this is one thing you might check When installed properly most coolers will twist a couple of degrees without too much trouble If it s rigidly immobile like mine was last night with X bracket installed wrong then something s wrong The lesson learned here is don t drink and attempt to build a computer even if it s only beers in hours nbsp

A:No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved

I guess you could say...
The shlt hit the fan.
ok, terrible pun, I'm sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-output-after-reassembling-good-parts-solved.185193/
Relevancy 26.23%

Audio playback on all online videos has random buzzing stuttering interrupts that last - seconds This happens only on this Toshiba Laptop It is not happening on any of the other PCs in this office I have tried to upload a sample demo of when viewing online Audio bad videos the problem but I was not allowed to do so through this forum s upload button I have it available if someone can explain the process for posting this mp file Also I took the laptop home and it has the same problem there as Audio bad when viewing online videos well In both office and home the internet is a wireless connection with plenty of bandwidth at both offices There is no problem playing videos or audio from this machine whether from the HD or from the office network Just from internet alone added late I forgot to mention that the video portion also stutters at the same time as the audio messes up And if the mouse is being moved while it is stuttering it will freeze with the same frequency as the audio My machine info Model Name Satellite P D S Part Number PSPHJU- J Serial Number OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium BIOS Version V CPU AMD Turion tm II Dual-Core Mobile M Physical Memory MB RAM Hard Disk Capacity Byte GB Hard Disk Free Space Capacity Byte GB Video AMD M G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD version Screen Resolution x Pixels Color Quality True Color Bit Sound Conexant Pebble High Definition SmartAudio version Network Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC version MAC Address A A F EC Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS version MAC Address E B Modem None Internet Explorer IDE Device TOSHIBA MK GSX ATA Device HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT F ATA Device FW version ET nbsp

A:Audio bad when viewing online videos

Make sure you have the latest version of Flash installed. Does this occur on all browsers? Do you have any plug-ins running or audio codec's installed? You could even go as far as checking to make sure your video drivers are all up to date.

if the mouse is being moved while it is stuttering, it will freeze with the same frequency as the audio!Click to expand...

When this happens. Does the computer it self freeze or just the video?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-bad-when-viewing-online-videos.181456/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi Guys Mike here,My old computer crashed during a lightening storm(mobo was bad)and bought a new HP pavillion slimline.Whats the best way to get "my documents "my pictures" from my old hD.This very important to me as i have a lot of pics of my daughter on that old hd and she passed away 8/26/2010 at the age of 39.Thanks Regards Mike

A:Best way to transfer my documents/pictures from corrupt hard drive

Hi Mike
Assuming your hard drive is still in working order and uncorrupted by the lightning strike I don`t think it should be too difficult.
I had a similar problem and got round it by buying a :- USB 2.0 to SATA IDE Hard Drive Adapter Converter Cable, of Ebay in the UK for approx 7.USB-SATA-IDE-Hard-Drive-Adapter-Converter (brilliant piece of kit and worth every penny)
Just remove the HD from the old computer and power it up on your desk using the purchased device and connect to your new computer USB port.
Open Windows Explorer on your new computer to view the contents of your old HD and "Drag and Drop" or "Copy & Paste" the files required to your new computer.
If your old HD is corrupt as mine was you may require some suitable software. I used "EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard" (not the free edition) although the free edition may be worth trying before going to any great expense.
Hopefully your HD is uncorrupted.
Hope you fully understood my explanation and good luck.
Regards
Danny

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-transfer-my-documents-pictures-from-corrupt-hard-drive.177245/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello, i have had my laptop for a year almost and i have had this problem most of the time. when i try and watch videos(youtube) the screen goes blank for a few seconds then it comes back on telling me that the "desktop driver stopped working and has recoverd". it also says "desktop manager stopped working and was closed." can someone please help?

system details:
Pentium(R) Dual-Core
CPU T4500
2.30ghz 2.30ghz

64 bit operating system
3gb RAM

A:My laptop crashes whilst watching videos

Please tell us more about computer brand and model, opeating system, etc.
You are missing software or drivers, usually free, than will enable proper operation when downloaded and installed from the maker of your computer, or your operating system.
It could also be resources limits such as memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-crashes-whilst-watching-videos.174546/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a sony vaio VGN nw350f that keeps freezing while playing online videos and games. When it freezes the sound will keep playing but at a slower, louder, more annoying speed. Sometimes when I restart or turn on the laptop after shutting it off it will tell me "Operating system not found" or just blink _ at me. Don't know if these symptoms are related.

I tried downloading both intel and sony display drivers where at first I was able to install, now when I try to install any of the drivers it says I don't have the right drivers for the right OS.

edit: I have already restored the HDD to factory default.

A:"Operating system not found" and freezing while playing videos

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=VGN-NW350F/B

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/operating-system-not-found-and-freezing-while-playing-videos.174799/
Relevancy 10.75%

I wasn't able to connect through my wireless router to the internet on any of my wireless devices until I plugged in my wireless usb stick. I plugged it into one laptop, and now I can use both. Why would this happen? My mother has the same connectivity issue, and do you think I should try the same thing? It seems as though that every wireless connection that I come across has this problem lately. Every single one. I am confused, is it just me?

Renewing your IP address. For assistance, contact the person who manages your network. I used to get that error every time I tried to repair connection.

A:I have solved my limited connectivity and need some answers

I think the lack of responses here may be the result of everyone else being confused as well.

Try explaining that a little better, its not exactly clear what your problem is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-solved-my-limited-connectivity-and-need-some-answers.174540/
Relevancy 25.37%

So the problem is on my laptop When I view videos on youtube it s fine untill i switch to fullscreen My mouse working videos well not AMD playing when 6630m DX11 watching games or will be unaccurate and i will have to place it to the left of the button i wish to press there is also a line usually down the right side of the screen asif the video has been pushed to the left and my mouse doesn t know this The same thing happens with games on DX or and The Sims I tried finding solutions on the internet but couldn t find any I found one which was to disable Hardware acceleration in flash and it fixed it but then I downloaded a video in Itunes and bam the problem reoccured I can t download videos drivers because i m unsure which to download and when I went onto the AMD site i got an erorr message saying contact your dealer as it s not compatible My question is simple AMD 6630m not working well when watching videos or playing DX11 games How do i fix it Btw my laptop is a Sony Vaio VPCCA with Intel i and Win Oh and I know there is a switchable graphics feature but that wont do any good as I play quite heavy games Help please nbsp

A:AMD 6630m not working well when watching videos or playing DX11 games

Try re installing Windows 7 fresh. Most laptops have a restore feature accessed during a start up. Laptops do tend to get bogged down with a lot of unnecessary stuff slowing things down and affecting other programs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-6630m-not-working-well-when-watching-videos-or-playing-dx11-games.172136/
Relevancy 26.23%

i have a green screen when i try to play videos and it just happened randomly, so it cant be becuse ive got the wrong drivers or the os or if i formated because ive had my laptop for about 10 months now and i havent changed anything on it yet its still got all the same stuff that came with it.

any help would be gratefull asap.

A:I have a green screen when I try to play videos

You could try updating video drivers.

Most likely it's your video drivers have you installed a new graphics card or anything like that, or how long have you had your graphics card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-a-green-screen-when-i-try-to-play-videos.171624/
Relevancy 27.52%

I read that to create a backup CD of My Pictures I I I Pictures think lost My should drag the My Pictures desktop shortcut icon to the CD drive shortcut icon and drop it there I think I lost My Pictures I did that I closed My Pictures and played the newly created CD I looked at several pictures Confident that my pictures were now safe on the CD I deleted most of the pictures in My Pictures Still confident I emptied the Recycle Bin Today I needed a couple pictures from the CD I opened the CD and Xclicked the My Pictures icon thinking I was going to view the pictures I had put on the CD Finding only a few pictures I realized that the My Pictures icon on the CD had opened the My Pictures file on the computer Can anyone tell me how I can get to the pictures on the CD As long as that My Pictures icon is on the CD I don t know how to get past it The CD is a CD-R so I can t remove the icon I m thinking if I could somehow disable the My Pictures on my computer I could get to the pictures on the CD and make a new CD without the My Pictures icon Or do it on a different computer that doesn t have a My Pictures program I m using Windows XP home nbsp

A:I think I lost My Pictures

It sounds like you copied the shortcut to My Pictures onto your CD. Double click on My Computer, right click on the CD you have supposedly copied your pictures to, then click on Explore. You should be able to browse your pictures. Or instead of clicking on Explore, click on Properties. It should tell you the total MB of pictures. 300 pictures would probably be couple hundred MB. If that's not what you see, then thing didn't go as you hoped.

At this point, you should prepare yourself that some of the pictures might be unrecoverable. Use programs like Recuva or Photorec and see what can be recovered. Better to install these on a USB drive rather than C: (assuming that's where you saved the pictures) and risk overwriting the "deleted files".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-i-lost-my-pictures.170015/
Relevancy 26.23%

I hope I m posting in the correct area for this kind of encompasses a little bit of everything video mainly For the past several days when watching DVD movies on my Dell Dimension I ve noticed intermittent video freeze ups they last for only about to second the freeze up stops the movie starts back up again Now I wouldn t be so concerned about this but when the movie comes back on-line and starts up again the movie skips forward about seconds therefore when the movie is finished playing I think it would be safe to assume that DVD videos freeze, skip? then release, then I ve missed close to minute to maybe even minutes worth of time from the whole film due to this freeze up resume and skip problem I know that it s important in these matters for everyone to know what I m using as far as hardware amp software here goes O S Ubuntu Desktop Version bit Media Player VLC Computer Dell Dimension Hardware Intel Pentium Hyper-Threading Gig CPU Intel xx Mother Board onboard Network Interface adapter Gig s of DDR system RAM Gig internal Maxtor RPM I D E hard drive Nvidia GeForce A DVD videos freeze, then release, then skip? MB DDR RAM Clock MHz Pipelines x Architecture NV card connection - PCI only no PCI-e or AGP only PCI slot Creative XF-i Titanium Fatality capable sound card Sony DVD-ROM drive at x speed Gear Head - USB HUB PCI slot card Watt stock Dell power supply Be aware that everything in regards to mother board connectivity to both the hard drive and DVD-ROM drive are done so through I D E connections Connected Peripherals Microsoft illuminated Reclusa gamers keyboard Microsoft illuminated Habu gamers mouse Panasonic Home Theater system connected via sets of RCA to mm cables AG Neovo inch LCD monitor set to x resolution Again this annoying problem is happening when only watching DVD s I have no problems what so ever when watching things such as an already downloaded video file watching You-Tube Watching Hulu or Fancast all those work great quot Got any thoughts my friends quot nbsp

A:DVD videos freeze, then release, then skip?

That power supply may no longer be sufficient or is failing slowly. Try another higher wattage power supply before anything else

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-videos-freeze-then-release-then-skip.170092/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi My system already had an Nvidia GT Gcard installed and running for about years now Yesterday i got a BOOTMGR error and had to repait that file using the Windows Disc This involved using the onboard video chip of my motherboard Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group - Model GF -M TE Upon resolving the BOOTMGR issue i was unable to resuse my graphics card I have tried reinstalling drivers motherboard drivers resetting CMOS etc The trouble is when i try disabling the onboard chip through device manager it still will not switch to the issue (not solved card Graphics threads) by other any Gcard There is also only an Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads) option in BIOS to set the onboard chip to ON or Auto ON I do not have the driver CD for the graphics card and gave been using the Nvidia site for them Also what appears to be odd is that the computer does not detect the Gcard at all and only the onboard chip even if i uninstall the drivers for it and disable it Any help would be great nbsp

A:Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads)

I suggest a clean reinstall of the OS and drivers from scratch. Clean out your PC, re-seat all the components and continue with a fresh install of OS, drivers, etc.

If that doesn't work, then it's an issue with your card or the PCI-E slot on the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-not-solved-by-any-other-threads.169495/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi guys, new to the forum. My PC specs are on my profile.

So, I have had no problems playing certain .avi video files on my computer, but this evening, for no apparent reason, I tried to play a video and it wouldn't play. Other videos still play, but the ones from my camera do not.

I thought this could have been a codec issue, so I downloaded the latest K-lite Mega codec pack and installed it, but to no avail. An error message came up on Media Player Classic, which can be found here:

imageshack(dot)us/photo/my-images/851/errorvc.jpg/

Your assistance in this matter is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

-James

A:Videos not playing, even after updating codec packs

Have you tried using Windows Media Player 11?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-not-playing-even-after-updating-codec-packs.167892/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey!

I've had a problem for a while but it's starting to bug me now. If I'm watching a DVD on my pc, or if I play a game and I move the camera too fast it has the tendency to blur slightly. It is a sort of rainbow effect which is around light areas for instance a torch beam on a wall, the edges, where it fades from bright to dark would have a sort of rainbow effect on it. Additionally when it happens in DVDs it sort of makes it momenterily blurry. I did have some videos to upload but the forum wont let me so hopefully after a few replies I can!

Thank you for viewing and thank you in advance for any info!

Live long and prosper

A:Rainbow effect and slight blurring on videos

What are your computers complete system specs? Make, and model would be nice

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rainbow-effect-and-slight-blurring-on-videos.163105/
Relevancy 25.37%

I found my screen goes black suddenly with lagged sound when i am watching video. It is the same when i am playing on both PowerDVD 10 Mark II Version 10.0.2429.51 and Windows Media Player 11. Below are the specifications:

1. AMD Phenom II X2 560BE at stock speed.
2. 2 x Kingston Value Series DDR3-1333 2GB ram (Ganged)
3. Gigabyte 870A-UD3 motherboard (Bios version: F5a)
4. Gigabyte Radeon HD5750 GDDR5 1GB graphic card
5. WD-5000AADS Caviar Green 500 GB hard drive
6. Creative SB Audigy Value
7. Coolermaster Extreme Power 460W psu
8. Coolermaster Hyper 212+ cooler
9. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
10. ATI Catalyst 11.2

Is my computer dying?

A:Sudden black screen and lagged sound when playing videos

have you tried different player? i.e. vlc or media player classic.
it can also be a codec issue, have you tried other video types?

yes i have tried both PowerDVD Mk I and Mk II and both are filled with bugs, especially when dealing with certain codecs. although i have to admit the video effects are sometimes useful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-black-screen-and-lagged-sound-when-playing-videos.163317/
Relevancy 59.34%

Okay, soo my computer's memory is full and I want to clean it out. I was wondering if it's possible to export my itunes library on a 1TB external hard drive, delete all the music off the computer than be able to sync my ipod while my hard drive is plugged in. Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/exporting-itunes-library-to-external-hard-drive.163025/
Relevancy 25.8%

So last week i jumped online to watch a clip on the BBC website and as i clicked play my screen froze for about seconds the screen then proceeded to turn black - displaying quot entering power save quot The PC still runs i can hear it and see the power lights on etc I thought it had something to do with the video card but reading through several of you threads i deduced that if this were the case then the issue would apply to all video clips games played I know very little about PC s i may be wrong But this issue does not occur when i play games nor does it occur when i play movies on vlc media player or on sopcast or any other external video application Only when i am in a browser does this happen I have tried reinstalling my browsers i mainly use chrome and firefox as well as explorer I downloaded Safari just to see whether it would somehow avoid the problem But it doesn t I would really appreciate some thoughts Its frustrating not being able to stream watch online Cheers nbsp

A:My Dell monitor goes black only when watching videos online

yaniktissera said:

So, last week i jumped online to watch a clip on the BBC website, and as i clicked play, my screen froze for about 5 seconds, the screen then proceeded to turn black - displaying "entering power save".Click to expand...

Try turning off your power saver mode:
(o/s XP this is mine yours may be similar)
-> right click your mouse button when the mouse is on open desk top space
-> navigate to "Properties"
-> select "Screen Saver"
-> in the lower portion of the window there is the "Monitor Power" section and select "Power" button
-> at the heading "Turn Monitor Off" from the drop down menu select "Never"
-> click "Apply"
-> click "Ok"
Hope this helps
-> Cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-monitor-goes-black-only-when-watching-videos-online.161633/
Relevancy 21.5%

that's what's happening. I have XP with 4G ram, radeon hd 6850, dual core processer intel.

Really, I can't think of any reason why this should be happening. It really ruins videos to have this happen. Any ideas?

A:YouTube videos lag for 2 seconds every 30 seconds or so?

BlackScarlet said:

that's what's happening. I have XP with 4G ram, radeon hd 6850, dual core processer intel.

Really, I can't think of any reason why this should be happening. It really ruins videos to have this happen. Any ideas?Click to expand...

Are you letting the video buffer sufficiently?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/youtube-videos-lag-for-2-seconds-every-30-seconds-or-so.159381/
Relevancy 10.75%

hey y all- i had a for undervolted PS modem Problem solved: modem connectivity problem that had an easy answer and I thought I would post a note just to keep us all thinking creatively -- My computer DSL connection was iff-y then died I figured out that the power supply for the wire modem Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem was dead - I did this by Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem process-of-elimination and by don t try this at home sticking my tongue on the power tip of the power supply - at volts you should feel a little buzz - no buzz dead power supply So I head of to Radio Shack Go Lance They don t have a volt ps They do have a multi-power adapter that includes volt in the range of selectable voltage by a switch It costs more than a plain volt power adapter should but I want to read Techspot so I Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem pay the extra money for a multi-adapter rather than find one off the web and wait for shipping Multi-adapter had wrong polarity and this was not switchable so I had to cut and reverse the wiring don t try this at home unless you know what you are doing - wrong polarity will smoke and kill whatever low -voltage thingie yo uplug in including DSL modem Prob Solved Months later I get modem problems I think it is a wireless connectivity problem because whenever I try to hit the web by wireless the modem freaks out Somehow days later it occurs to me power could be wrong sure enough one of my preschoolers had somehow pushed the power adapter voltage slector switch from volt to volt -- so when the desktop and the laptop were both trying to pull data through the wire modem it was just enough power drain to make the modem shut off So if you have connectivity problems as always check the classic quot is it plugged in Is it turned on quot intervention first - check for a dead power adapter on your modem And if you have to improvise and use a multi-voltage power supply adapter you might want to glue or tape the voltage selector button in place nbsp

A:Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem

This is called "Common Sense" troubleshooting

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-solved-undervolted-ps-for-modem.158649/
Relevancy 10.32%

I Logitech stopped Left wireless working click mouse on (Solved) m creating this post just fyi should it help anyone else with this problem Here s what I Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) tried and at least in my case how i solved a quot mouse left click doesn t work quot problem I have a Logitech wireless laser mouse and use rechargeable AA batteries The other morning i powered on my computer as usual and tried using my Logitech Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) wireless mouse but left click didn t work although Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) rt click and mouse movement continued working just fine Things i first tried that didn t help gt Reinstalling Logitech Setpoint and mouse drivers gt Reinstalling Logitech USB transceiver firmware gt Pressing the quot reconnect quot button on the USB transceiver to reconnect transceiver to wireless mouse gt Changed the mouse batteries a couple times and also tried recently recharged batteries Then i had a hunch well it was really more of a last ditch hopeful guess - but it seems to have worked I removed the batteries and let the mouse sit overnight without any battery inside it When i put batteries back in the next morning the mouse has been working fine again ever since Go figure stickout nbsp

A:Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved)

Good stuff there J. I don't know anything about wireless mice but i am wondering if it "reset" itself. Just a thought and a small one at that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/left-click-on-logitech-wireless-mouse-stopped-working-solved.158582/
Relevancy 10.75%

Short version - I used DG45ID (solved) motherboard Intel dead a non compatible cpu which has the effect of leaving Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) the board switched on Long version - I bought the DG ID off ebay and got a CPU to go in it I switched on the fan worked and HDD was active but no screen The USBs were active When I switched off at the mains When I switched on it powered up without the start button I realised I had a non compatible cpu I bought an E The first time I switched on at the mains it came on without the start button but subsequently I had to press start to power the board ie as normal CMOS jumper When I bought it the jumper connected pin with the LED pin I assume that is like a removed jumper ie BIOS flash mode Hence Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) when I connected a DVD drive it Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) crashed I assume it was looking for a bio file Nothing I could do would recover the board The green standby light came on but nothing else It was dead No USB power no fans nothing I remembered the wrong CPU that had left the board quot switched on quot I put it in and it behaved as before power but no monitor I then replaced the E and hey presto I was in but only on cmos recovery there was no bios But the USBs were active So I removed the jumper flashed the BIOS from a USB stick and it s up and running NB the intel manual is wrong regarding the CMOS pins It shows pin closest to the battery That is actually pin If you look I can t post the pdf link page the pin is clearly show closest to the battery I thought it was strange that all the images on Google show the jumper on pins furthest from the battery the manual says that is the recovery position nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-dg45id-motherboard-dead-solved.158177/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi,

i have recovered some of my deleted videos with a recovery software but most of the filles can't oppen with any of the palyers that i have down load even down load the codec pack but still not working.. need a help on this as these videos are very important !!!!!!!!

A:Some videos I have recovered from my phone is not working!

A file doesn't get permanently destroyed and eradicated from your memory by simply deleting it from the directory structure. Instead, it is kept safe in a free memory area, stored in case you change your mind and need your file back. What gets deleted is the link pointing towards the file, so if you would compare a file to a book page, deleting the file does not tear the page out of the book, but rather deletes the page's index from the table of contents, represented by the file system here.

Still, your hard disk space is not infinite, so eventually the space your deleted files gets crammed into will fill up and no more "closet" space will be available. What the operating system does in such a case is overwrite the old deleted files with newer deleted files, so there's a certain time limit in which you could recover your lost data. For example, if you deleted a file from your hard drive a year ago, the chances are slim that you'll find it intact

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/some-videos-i-have-recovered-from-my-phone-is-not-working.155936/
Relevancy 25.8%

hi
i am using HPw15e monitor. I ve no trouble in viewing videos online but when i view videos thro VLC, KMP,etc i couldn view it in the default colour. video can be viewed oly in odd colours. tried re installing the players but the result was same. how to fix this problem?

A:Problem with colors when viewing videos (HP w15e)

Video playback problems

Can't be sure which audio and video codecs you have installed, but I would think if you go to this site; http://www.mediacodec.org/ and download this codec pack, you probably won't have any trouble with video playback, using VLC, KM & WM players. Hope that does the trick.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-colors-when-viewing-videos-hp-w15e.153685/
Relevancy 26.66%

no picture while watching any video in any format excluding flash All i get is black while No picture videos watching screen and sound is working however but no picture This is No picture while watching videos a common error yes i have researched on it yes i have downloaded many codecs such as KLITE and windows media codec packs My problem No picture while watching videos was temporarily solved by installing one of these codecs but then after a few weeks it No picture while watching videos seems to have come back From the little information i found it seems to be a quot Graphics overlay problem quot don t know what that is im quite week in this area it seems And im sure its not a codec problem because i uninstalled all my downloaded codecs and within the temporary time period that my video used to work my videos did work without these codec packs so im quite lost here Please help me fix this issue See the thing is i sent my laptop in to hp and when i got it back i had to reinstall everything No there is no potential viruses and i did install almost everything because i have about the same amount of hard disk space as before nbsp

A:No picture while watching videos

Without doubt its your codecs.

Remove klite codec pack and download vlc media player here :

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Its free, easy to use and ive never come across anything it cant play!

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-picture-while-watching-videos.153072/
Relevancy 25.37%

Ok so here viewing when black (comp videos screen on) online goes still Laptop s my issue Dell inspiron e Windows XP Sp Intel Core Duo GHz GB RAM ATi Mobility Radeon X with updated Omega drivers The issue My laptop screen goes black but the computer appears to be on the WIFI and blutooth lights next to the power button do not turn off when I watch videos online This does not happen every time I watch online videos nor does it happen when I have a certain number of tabs open at specific websites etc It does not happen regularly and once I restart my computer holding down the power button to turn it off the issue is resolved I ve never had it happen twice in a day Please help Also of note I have just replaced my laptop s hard drive I thought that was the solution to this problem but it was not It turns out my old hard drive was timing out and on the fritz anyway This leads me to believe that this is a malware issue possibly or another hardware Laptop screen goes black (comp still on) when viewing online videos issue Thanks for your help I ve attached my HJT log I read the topic about renaming the exe file and everything nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-goes-black-comp-still-on-when-viewing-online-videos.152273/
Relevancy 26.23%

Some youtube videos though quite alot of them I cannot watch in 360/480p quality,HD quality is fine but in original format videos are really 'choppy' and the display flashes green sometimes and is impossible to watch smoothly.

My laptop is brand new and is the Alienware M11X, capable of watching standard videos.

A:YouTube choppy/green videos

That's them, not you.. Either they're upgrading servers and software or something else. I was on there last night on my dual core over 802.11n in HD mode and it was okay.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/youtube-choppy-green-videos.148239/
Relevancy 25.8%

About 3 days ago my laptop stopped playing videos online. some videos cause the browser to freeze, whilst some just dont work.
When i try and play a video off youtube it takes about 5 minutes, then starts playing. but when i try one off itv player or something it simply wont work.

i have had my computor checked for virus' and deleted everything like that. i have delete my browsing histroy/temporary internet files etc. and now i have run out of things to try!

i have a samsung r530 laptop, if that helps. and it isnt that old (only got it 5 months ago)

please can someone help me.
i am not that good with technological terms, so please can you explain it in simple terms

thank you so much for reading, and please can you help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-play-videos-online-anymore.151303/
Relevancy 26.66%

Once again this beginner on the computer is having a problem, to make things easier I am not upset at being guided to a tuturial or another site... I am greatful for any and all help. PROBLEM ... I did a system restore and I was FINALLY able to get back almost 100% of my pictures and data files, now the problem is when I try to open them it says "preview not available" and I do not know what to do .... I also had a few movies that I had created and can not open them.... any advice from you folks.... you have been so fantastic with my other problems, I invite you all to Kansas for a beer ..... thank you Nashkan (Dan)

A:Getting my pictures back after system restoral

Dan,
When I formatted my W2k computer and upgraded to XP Pro years ago i woke up in the middle of the night and realized one CD wasn't big enough to hold all my photos. I had many GBs of photos. I bought a program ($30 to 35) called Active Undelete. found at:
http://www.active-undelete.com/
And after many hours of scanning I actually restored all my photos where there were none when I started.

I found out formatting doesn't really remove data!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-my-pictures-back-after-system-restoral.150799/
Relevancy 26.66%

Using Windows XP Home and a Motorola RAZR phone camera I have an older RAZR and a new one I just bought With the older phone Sending pictures to my desktop as an attachment to an email Each picture shows up in the email with it s own number name under the picture e g - - I Problem sending to pictures from desktop phone download the pic to My Documents then I use Open With gt Photoimprission and all is well With the new phone In the phone each pic has a number name When the pics show up in the email there is no number instead under every pic it says Preview If I change the name I can download multiple pics to My Documents When I use Open With gt Photoimpression Photoimpression opens but the pic does not show up The problem is with the new RAZR I removed the battery amp sim from the new phone put them in the old phone and it works fine nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-sending-pictures-from-phone-to-desktop.149391/
Relevancy 24.94%

Im running vista bit Since earlier this morning megavideo and some other flash sites videos like zshare videos arent working Also pictures on some sites like failblog org wont load but the videos on the site are there The only thing I can think that may have done something is game booster Its a program that disables background running progs in order to free up ram to play games I ran that this morning and forgot to switch it back to normal mode Since that I have done a system restore uninstalled and reinstalled my flash players shockwave and adobe Both say theyre installed and working Ive tried running game booster and turning it into gaming mode then back to normal mode hoping it would restart something it stopped but none of these worked Other flash videos are working like youtube and the flash player is saying its installed plays the video as well on adobes site I cant work out whats happened why or how to fix it Any help appreciated like working zshare Megavideo, videos, have and pics failblog on stopped sites Ive uninstalled all flash players and reinstalled them They are all working so they tell me Ive tried a system restore Ive reset my IP Internet explorer has the same problems as my firefox Ive tried re-doing the revert to normal mode with game booster Pictures are Megavideo, zshare videos, and pics on sites like failblog have stopped working also affected on certain websites like failblog I cant even load megavideo s home page Also when checking plugins add ons Megavideo, zshare videos, and pics on sites like failblog have stopped working in firefox it says that my shockwave and shockwave director need updating even though theyre the most recent version When I try and update them it just downloads a plug in that seems to do nothing Basicaly my question is what software do those programs sites use Megavideo zshare and the pictures on failblog are all affected so its obviously the same piece of software thats used for all those sites progs thats not working and either needs reinstalling or turning back on Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Megavideo, zshare videos, and pics on sites like failblog have stopped working

Any progress with this? Virus or malware infection?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/megavideo-zshare-videos-and-pics-on-sites-like-failblog-have-stopped-working.144677/
Relevancy 26.66%

When I play a video online its distorted. Sometimes it looks like pigments are scrambled or part of it will be black for a second or the whole picture will turn one color mostly green. What should I do? I have already uninstalled flash player and reinstalled updated version. Windows vista home basic. Internet Explorer 7

A:Videos don't play right

What are your computers specs? What operating system are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-dont-play-right.144828/
Relevancy 26.66%

Every time I try watching ant kind of you tube video it keeps stopping and starting. I have to download it just to view it. That is the only way I can view it. Can this problem be fixed?

A:Youtube videos keep stopping

Try IE Reset:

Then restart Internet Explorer

--------------

More info from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Or manually Reset IE settings info here http://www.techspot.com/vb/post682762-2.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/youtube-videos-keep-stopping.137528/
Relevancy 10.75%

I did a fresh install of Linux Fedora and discovered that this new version of Fedora doesn t like my Nvidia GeForce GTX graphics card I tried numerous installation techniques but they failed every time I scoured the forums for answers but no single answer would work Finally I rearranged the steps from a graphics Linux card Installation on of Nvidia SOLVED Fedora 12 couple of different forums and it worked If you re having trouble getting your Nvidia card installed in Fedora then give this a try Let me know if it works Nvidia Driver Install for Fedora Edit the boot grub grub conf file using Gedit Open a Terminal Window Login as Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED superuser enter quot su quot at the command prompt and press Enter You ll be prompted for your password Type it in and press Enter Paste Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED gedit boot grub grub conf into command prompt and then press Enter Find the kernel line in the grub conf file It will say something like kernel vmlinuz- - local fc x Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED ro root UUID XXX rhgb quiet After the word quiet paste nouveau modeset Save and close the grub conf file At the Terminal prompt paste setsebool -P allow execstack on and press enter At the Terminal prompt paste yum --enablerepo rp g install kmod-nvidia uname -m xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs i xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs x Exit all instances of Terminal Reboot Well that s what worked for me I m running Fedora in x screen resolution using my Nvidia GeForce GTX card It looks great Hope this works for you too Best of luck Stevizard nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installation-of-nvidia-graphics-card-on-linux-fedora-12-solved.138392/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have here a Dell Dimension which I have upgraded the CPU in it to a GHz Pentium as opposed to the Ghz Celeron It runs much better actually boots faster than any computer I ve ever having 720p Computer videos trouble decoding had and overall functions beautifully however I still have one problem with it It lags when playing p or higher resolution video files It doesn t seem to matter what kind of compression or container they are it just lags The sound continues ahead of the video and the video is basically in slow Computer having trouble decoding 720p videos motion My question is What other than buying another computer or upgrading the processor and or motherboard could I do to help the situation A friend of mine suggested putting in a video card as that may help with the video decoding and playback I know that when I put in a really shitty PCI video card it made it worse so therefore if I do the opposite put in a really good PCI video card it may help or so I d think Before I go buying the most expensive and fancy PCI card I can find I wanted to know what other people think and if anyone has any more detailed information nbsp

A:Computer having trouble decoding 720p videos

Video cards do improve video quality through hardware accelaration, Though i would try to find and borrow a decent one before you invest in your own, just to be sure you get the results you are after.

Check here:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51437.html

For an idea of what pci cards are best.

Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-having-trouble-decoding-720p-videos.135302/
Relevancy 10.75%

I would just like to revisit one of the posts from yesteryear Entitled Raid Problems and Essential Data Recovery I had a major problem with my HD discs after my motherboard blew When I replaced my motherboard due to the bios not being configured Data Raid Essential Problems 0 solved Recovery and to know how my Raid drives operated I thought I d lost it all - and so did everyone on these forums and my friends BUT after a little use of common sense and hope I got it all back and I did it all by myself Here s the basics I got a cheap IDE HD disc drive I stuck it into my motherboard as the master drive with my Raid ones as they were in the raid slots didn t matter which way round I installed Windows on the IDE drive I bought some software like Runtime Raid Reconstructor I ran that software It detected the Raid drives even though windows couldn t I asked it to perform a configuration test It completed the test and opened my drives I used an external drive to remove Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved all stored data off the Raid drives I eventually removed the IDE drive and formatted the Raid drives ready for a standard configuration and Windows Install I put all my files back Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved on to the Raid drives from my external JOB DONE Now I ain t no tech head right BUT I understood that the concept of openning Raid drives in RAID requires two bits of information Block size Drive priority ie which is first second Any Raid reconstruction software will work out through trail and error what the configuration is of your drives so you can get your data off This isn t a tech heads version of what to do but I was stuck for months last year thinking I d lost it all I of course won the battle and punched the air a fair number of times Hope this helps any of you out there in the troblesome Raid land nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-problems-and-essential-data-recovery-solved.134378/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi I have a ThinkCentre A XP Pro SP with SoundMAX Digital Audio Playing music on the PC with browser videos not Digital working SoundMAX Audio seems to work fine but when we like go to play a video from a website there is no sound As far as I know the driver is up SoundMAX Digital Audio not working with browser videos to date at least windows update doesn t tell me to update it Driver version date I have Windows IE ANyone have any ideas how to figure out whats wrong Also fwiw I noticed that I tell XP to put my volume icon in the taskbar but it doesn t show up there at all And I just noticed when I shut down and start up the PC I don t hear the windows tunes that usually play Just fogured out I can t play SoundMAX Digital Audio not working with browser videos midi files in control panel sounds and audio audio tab midi music playback there is no device listed whereas SoundMAX Digital Audio shows in the rest SoundMAX Digital Audio not working with browser videos The only selection for midi playback is Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth but even I deslect only use default devices and select that MS one when I go back in the settings are back where they started nbsp

A:SoundMAX Digital Audio not working with browser videos

Make sure you have the latest versions of Adobe Flash player and Sun's Java installed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-digital-audio-not-working-with-browser-videos.133827/
Relevancy 10.75%

I want to put this up just encase anyone had the same problem I did and if I remember correctly there were a few people that posted the same problem on other forums The problem When I ran anything very graphically intensive like crysis furmark or when I ran a game without vsync on my PC would crash and I would just see lines on the screen or just see blackness 4850 Crashing problem solved I even got a replacement for my card and they said it was faulty and sent me a new one but it still happened just less often Solution In your bios set the pcie frequency to not auto How came to this conclusion I had just helped my friend build a PC for the first time and he had done a lot of research and as we were overclocking his CPU he mentioned that he heard you should set the pcie frequency on your motherboard to not auto or it will overclock itself during intense graphics After I had a few more crashes I remembered him mentioning this 4850 Crashing problem solved so I tried it and no more crashing not even in furmark So thanks to him I don t have to worry about crysis cashing anymore and I can finally overclock nbsp

A:4850 Crashing problem solved

Hey thanks for posting this!
I have the same videocard 4850 and it gave the same problems and i didn't know why.
Thanks for posting this (I thought i was the only one).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4850-crashing-problem-solved.131682/
Relevancy 26.66%

I don't know what happened, but videos decided to randomly stop playing online. I first noticed it on youtube but it happens on other websites as well. The website will all look totally normal but where the video is/is supposed to be there's just a black box. I've made sure my flash player is up to date and even reinstalled it just to be sure. I've also messed with internet security and firewall settings but nothing has worked. Anybody know how i can fix this?

A:Videos won't play. How do I fix it?

What operating system are you running? Have you kept up with all the Windows Updates?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-wont-play-how-do-i-fix-it.130585/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello i am having a problem with this device that i got via christmas day. The device plays all my selected music downloads with no problems.....and videos. Well it allows me to download a selected video to it, but when i attempt to play the video it says "file format error". What do i do? Should i try to format the device and if possible how do i do so? Also it supports 4GB of memory

A:My Sylvania mp3/video player wont play videos

hi i'm havingthis exact same problem! i got this for my birthday and i cant find how to get it to work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sylvania-mp3-video-player-wont-play-videos.119732/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi, this is my first post, this forum looks really good, hope you can help me with my problem.

all the videos i play on my computer are really dark but thay look fine on my ipod and on the internet. i have googled it but the suggested fix didn't work. i have tryed the video files on other computers and thay have worked fine its only on my computer that thay are dark. also all the videos on the net look fine. attached is a comparison between quicktime and youtube.

A:Videos are really dark in media players

Download the latest video codec software for said media players

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-are-really-dark-in-media-players.123867/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi I know a good amount about computers but i have almost no knowledge about audio cards I m currently running a Dell Inspiron and have full factory default hardware and settings its a dell many personal problems with dell so i don t mess with them anymore One day my volume controls quot disappeared quot so i rebooted my comp and they still weren t there so i uninstalled my audio driver and rebooted then reinstalled the driver with another problems Solved: Sigmatel audio Major card with reboot Nothing So i repeated this process times installing from the CD provided by Dell and times from dell com Still nothing I then decided to do an operating system repair Took over hours and got to the Windows XP Boot screen the one with the XP symbol right in the center durring pc boot up and it said quot Please Wait quot Sat like that for hours So I turned off my comp and rebooted it Everything works but the audio still After the Solved: Major problems with Sigmatel audio card quot repair quot i tried twice from the CD and twice from dell com and still nothing I don t know if its my sound card or just faulty downloads Please help nbsp

A:Solved: Major problems with Sigmatel audio card

Please confirm all your Dell drivers are updated from visiting this thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-major-problems-with-sigmatel-audio-card.117340/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi all I googled looking for solutions to problems recovering a Compaq Presario computer and found a link here so I thought I would post a possible solution I have stumbled across Make sure the system you are recovering has been restored to FACTORY SPECS That means removing anything that wasn t in it when it was new PC Name Recovery solved problems brand I just tried to restore a Name brand PC Recovery problems solved Compaq Presario SR AN with a new hard drive in it from a new set of HP supplied recovery disks I got one error after another with problems copying files to the Name brand PC Recovery problems solved hard drive I got as Name brand PC Recovery problems solved far as a reported of the installation before I was forced to stop It reported problems copying Driver CAB and Base INP I managed to get Driver Cab installed by putting in a recovery disk from a different set but no way could I get Base INP to work After suggestions from HP that the Motherboard wasn t plugged in WTF I tried dismantling the machine and reseating the CPU that I had previously removed in cleaning and reseating the undisturbed DVD IDE cable and the HDD IDE cable I also removed the extra MB of RAM that the customer had installed to take the system from the factory supplied up to I then re-ran the recovery process with absolutely no problems I believe there was no problem with the seating of the cables or CPU I believe the main problem with the system was that the recovery process baulked when it discovered more RAM than HP had installed and would not continue I know next time I have to recover an HP Compaq or other brand OEM system I will be ensuring that the system is COMPLETELY back to FACTORY SPEC nbsp

A:Name brand PC Recovery problems solved

I take it that the extra 256Meg of Ram did not originally come from HP
I'm not sure if that's relevant or not, but even same rating Ram (but different manufacture) has been known to cause issues (ie best to use exactly the same Ram cards always)

I was discussing a similar matter earlier on here: Windows will not boot with more than 2gb of ram (although the emphasis in that thread was the 2Gig max, before installing Windows, and strangeness of having increased ram in a system)

Either way, thanks for your post, it was interesting to note this issue (and likely cause)
Many times during a Setup fault, I have advised members to remove extra Ram cards and try again. It may be that the originally recorded Ram (under re-imaging) may be the answer (on some computers that may have Setup problems) Sadly you would need to test this issue on 10 similar, same spec, computers to really confirm. Or contact HP technical support, or possibly their tech forum, to ask of others experiences.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/name-brand-pc-recovery-problems-solved.121467/
Relevancy 10.75%

Of late I found my desktop PC crashing now and then. The situation was getting worse by the day and it was becoming frustrating to use the PC.

I opened the box and got my fingers dirty, so before I looked further I decided to blow out all the dust with a vacuum cleaner. Loads of dust billowed out. I would recommend holding the CPU fan blades so that it does not spin uncontrollably.

After the dust clean up, the PC is working great and no unwanted crashes. I guess the dust was preventing the cooling of the CPU.

A:WinXP constant crashes solved

Thanks for the info

I stated similar fixes, and other common power up fixes here:Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winxp-constant-crashes-solved.120934/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hey all having used Acer s for the Acer upgrade info 5920 and pictures last few weeks I decided to open the little guy up and take a few shots Acer 5920 pictures and upgrade info I didn t have time to do a full tear down so here are the first few shots And yes all I had Acer 5920 pictures and upgrade info at the time was the camera on my phone The shots to take not of are the ones showing the MXM type II graphics card So a video upgrade is indeed possible The other being the network card and the one empty slot that mirror s it on the motherboard Expansion Possible to add an quot N quot spec or others later on Any thoughts Also I forgot to take one but the CPU is not soddered in it s your standard Core Duo socket So yes you can upgrade it just be careful with your thermals The picture with the giant white label in it is the network card Again sorry for the Acer 5920 pictures and upgrade info crappy quality I ll get new ones up when I ve got time to take it apart again nbsp

A:Acer 5920 pictures and upgrade info

icic....
it's good to see acer can be "halfway"opened like my old travelmate.

hence it's possible to clean CPU heatsink without doing full teardown..

some series of acer does not allow this, they only allow to open the RAM and HDD case. hence when it's time to clean the CPU heatsink and fan, big teardown must be done...

anyway 5920G is a nice laptop...
my housemate has one and it's one of the most impressive acer
bad thing is that it cant be 200* opened (screen) like old travelmate series

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-5920-pictures-and-upgrade-info.85724/
Relevancy 27.09%

I pictures corrupt Music and will try to explain as well as I Music and pictures corrupt can My friend has been having some slight computer problems lately so I went over to take a look The first problem that the screen would get a lot of jibberish on it Pixels or what ever I tried Music and pictures corrupt a new cable and uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and Music and pictures corrupt no go I installed a new driver and the same Finally I tried a new video card and it worked great That is just the first of the problem I then noticed that one of his hdd on his raid had gone bad so I took it out and got it replaced In the meantime when I restarted his computer it did a disc check and did some things I had never seen before but it completed the check on the good disc All seemed to be working well until a few days ago he said that his music was doing crazy things so I went over to take another look I played a song and it would start in the middle of the song and play a whole nother song I would play Queen and Celine would come on but it would start in the middle of one of her songs Not all the songs are like that though We never did count but I would venture to say at least half are still good I then just out of curiosity went to his pictures and they also had problems A couple of them would show up and the others would not They still showed they had mb or mb in each folder for the pictures but nothing would show up He mentioned something about some power surges but he is proteced with a battery backup ups from APC What does it sound like to you nbsp

A:Music and pictures corrupt

Sounds like a failing hard drive...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-and-pictures-corrupt.116575/
Relevancy 10.75%

I have had my gateway desktop computer for years now and recently had to have someone come fix some sticky issues with it It involved partially reinstalling the OS after are Media problems solved on troubles Keyboard OS Key PS/2 or something along the lines where Media Key troubles on PS/2 Keyboard after OS problems are solved the OS CD was involved It s XP by the way Everything seemed to be working fine except when I went to use my iTunes program The problem is with my keyboard a PS keyboard whose brand I am unsure of as it s the keyboard that originally came with the computer I ve been using iTunes for years now and the media keys on my keyboard play pause stop foward back ect have always functioned with it I could go through playlists just fine by simply hitting the keyboard buttons However after this issue that required messing with the OS I found that my media keys won t work with iTunes An error message pops up and says quot There is no CD in the drive Please insert an audio CD VCD or DVD and try again quot I have NEVER gotten this message before now Is there a way to adjust my settings for my keyboard to work with iTunes again either via iTunes itself or something else Thanks nbsp

A:Media Key troubles on PS/2 Keyboard after OS problems are solved

Try reinstalling iTunes!! Or get a USB keyboard, theres a link i will post you but your gonna hav to be a little patient as i cant send you that link until i have five posts here lol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-key-troubles-on-ps-2-keyboard-after-os-problems-are-solved.115870/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi there,
Can anyone help me? I'm quite desperate here.
I'm having problem with my keyboard/USB.
When I press any key on the keyboard, that instant all USB devices are disconnected. And soon after I unpress it, the system will detect all USB devices like they were just plugged in. I say all USB devices, cause it doesn't matter USB mouse or USB drive, they all get disconnected.
It's frustrating me cause I can't use a USB mouse.
Please help

I'm using a Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA.

A:Solved: Pressing key disconnects USB Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA

How many USB ports does that have? and what are connecting them. If you could also please look in your event viewer (Start>control panel>administrative tools>eventviewer, and check the "SYSTEM" area. double click any item in that list for a detailed description. You should see some errors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-pressing-key-disconnects-usb-lenovo-3000-n100-0689gra.73059/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi I ve got a Sony Vaio VGN-FE B notebook and a Samsung DVD-VR combination DVD VHS player - which allows recording and playback of DVD -RAM -RW -R discs I ve recently bought some Verbatim DVD-R discs and burned some Australian Rugby League onto for a friend DVD player records okay and i can leave the disc as Laptop videos reading dvd not DVD-V format or finalise to DVD-Video Either way Laptop not reading dvd videos when i put them into my Sony Vaio they are not recognised I ve checked and the DVD player still plays back everything recorded I was going to get an optical lens cleaner or attempt to clean it myself but took the discs into work and the same problem occurred on colleagues laptops our computers have not got DVD readers so i had to seek out laptop users I ve left with a techie colleague to take home and check and also check in a dvd player but wondered if there is a simple answer to this Less technical questions the better but i ll do my best to answer anything Cheers nbsp

A:Laptop not reading dvd videos

Can you play any movies in your Vaio?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-not-reading-dvd-videos.112290/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi I m not sure if this is the right forum Let me know if this isn t right forum I wanted to ask everyone something about my pictures in photo gallery When I view pictures the ones that are like bright sunny day most pix seems to look fine Most of the photos looks like they are color book Can t explain it It just don t look like a picture When I print the photo or use it in movie maker to put on DVD They look great About a month ago I bought a new monitor I thought the monitor was doing this Before replacing the monitor it was a lot worse I don t know if i clean it the wrong way I now know to clean the lcd with it being off and computer too I didn t do that before Didn t know if static got the old monitor and send to my graphic card or video card I m not a computer expert still learning I photo in Pictures gallery like to know what to check for Any help Thanks Pictures in photo gallery and Have a great day Todd nbsp

A:Pictures in photo gallery

What is the brand and model of your computer, and the brand and model of your graphics card? Or do you have on-board graphics. The issues you discuss are usually related to lower quality graphics cards combined with the softrware used to view and edit the photos. You might want to consider something like Adobe Elements 5.0 (goor price) or Adobe Elements 6.0 (big price jump with little improvement over 5.0)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pictures-in-photo-gallery.111240/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi, it's recently hit me that I need to find a way to fix a dilima that has aggrevated me for quite some time. Nearly every video that I try to watch (YouTube videos mainly) are completely laggy/jumpy. The audio is fine, it's just the actual video content that is a mess. I've tried reinstalling the newest version of Flash Player and Java, but that did nothing.

I recently installed a program that gathers some information about my computer, so if anyone could give me some pointers on what I should be looking at to fix this laggy video issue, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Ryan

A:Laggy videos

well for starters what video card do you have ( onboard vs card )..also what kind of internet connection do you have??too slow of an internet connection since it is streaming media will run slow and always want to buffer the video..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laggy-videos.110736/
Relevancy 50.74%

For about two weeks now when I put my SD Memory card in my computer nothing pops up to allow me to upload videos I have tried to go to quot My computer quot and look for the device but unfortunately it says there isn t a memory card in Though the light is on memory to nothing up in, help pops but Computer is pictures/videos upload card shows next to where you insert the memory card telling me it s in there The pictures look fine when they are on my camera I don t see a problem with my memory Computer shows memory card is in, but nothing pops up to upload pictures/videos help card and it is not on lock So I tried using a USB cord for my Polaroid camera my memory card in the camera as well When I go to my computer it says it recognizes the device but it tells me the file cannot be formatted Only photos on my camera not on my SD memory card can be uploaded The pictures on this memory card are important to me and I do not know why they are not uploading Please helpp nbsp

A:Computer shows memory card is in, but nothing pops up to upload pictures/videos help

Sounds like the SD card has died to me, i'm not sure if it's possible to get the pics off of it, maybe someone else on here knows more about that side of things.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shows-memory-card-is-in-but-nothing-pops-up-to-upload-pictures-videos-help.110284/
Relevancy 25.8%

Can't figure out what is going on with my MySpace profile. About a week ago, all of the music vids I have on my profile stopped playing. The only exception is one YouTube video which still works. I re-installed a newer version of Active X thinking this might solve the problem. Still does not work.
Interesting though, when I view my profile on a computer other than my own, all of my videos play on my profile.
What do you think the problem may be? Has anyone had the same problem?

A:Can't view music videos on my MySpace profile

Do this:

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-view-music-videos-on-my-myspace-profile.109157/
Relevancy 10.75%

So i bought my new 2 sea gate drives,and as before like i said the previous hds was randomly getting dced etc,now when i bought the new drives worked great then started to do the same thing as the previous drives,not being picked up in bios etc,then i decided to change the plug in my ultra x3 800 watt psu to a molex to sata connection,that worked picking up the hds no problem,

so does it sound like a wire issue or the psu giving the issue?cause as soon as i switched it to the molex to sata instead of the other sata connect in the utra x3 which uses different wires and different ports it worked.

a waste of 184 but i got better hds and i can just sell the 2 500 gig wd drives i got

A:SATA problem solved but a bit concerned

Ok yes it does seem like a faulty Power Supply

Also you should have just replied to your original thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic107883.html
Instead of making this new one.

But oh well !

Anyway, if the molex do not cause any issue, then you could continue with them
I wish you had tried that before. I didn't suggest it, because it is uncommon (very uncommon), especially with two !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-problem-solved-but-a-bit-concerned.108143/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey everyone I recently had a problem where all my videos mpeg avi etc etc Black How and Videos in to playing White fix including my TV tuner was playing videos in black and white I How to fix Videos playing in Black and White also noticed that some people on techspot were having the same problems There is no real reason why this How to fix Videos playing in Black and White happens it is just a common thing after a fresh install of an operating system and fresh install of Drivers for your video card If you have a nvidia graphics card here is what you need to do - Open the Nvidia Control panel it is a software package that you should automatically have on your machine if you have the forceware drivers Sometimes it will be in the startup and you ll see a nvidia icon in your task bar It may also be under the name nView - You should see an option or a tab titles Television and Video settings Click on it - In there you should see a bunch of controls and sliders for adjusting colour balances - You should see a quot Saturation quot slider This is what adjusts the colour of your videos Slide the bar up to about half way or just equal with all the other controls and the colour in your videos will be back Hope this helps a few people nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-fix-videos-playing-in-black-and-white.107581/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi, When I play videos, doesnt matter which player i use, they are black & white..i have a 7600gs pci-ex16...

A:Black and White while playing videos..

Are you using Latest Drivers,if not try looking for some.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-and-white-while-playing-videos.58788/
Relevancy 26.66%

Okay just Yesterday I was deleting uninstalling some stuff just to make some more room on my computer and i think I mite Have deleted something to do with the videos on my computer I ve listened to most websites saying that I need to uninstall reinstall The adobe flash player so I think I did and it still won t play any videos i think if nothing works i m going to have to reboot my computer Please help before that results Here I ll give some examples of what I mean After I accidentily uninstalled something I went to YouTube just to watch a video I clicked on the Video and where the video box is supposed to be there is just the title and on computer, why? will my but videos play No no video box It does this with any webpage that hosts videos that I go on EXAMPLE I went to Google to type in a picture to look at under Google Images When I search for a picture for example quot tigers quot It just says results for search quot tigers quot and it shows the page numbers but any page I click on there are no Images I still think it has something to do with the flash player or media player but I m not sure NOT EVEN THE LITTLE BUTTONS ON THE TOP OF THE MESSAGE BOX WILL WORK WHEN I TIED TO INSERT A SMILY RAAAWR When I Go to Download Adobe No videos will play on my computer, but why? Flash Player It just says quot When you see the installation completion movie above and text below your installation was successful The installation should only take a minute or two on a k modem quot But it never shows whatever its supposed to show I waited about fifteen minutes to see if it was just maybe running slow No videos will play on my computer, but why? Nothing When I tryed to install the latest version of adobe reader it doesn t even show the Download button but it says quot By clicking the Download button you agree to the License Agreements and Privacy Policies for the software included quot OMG IM FRICKEN PISSED OFF nbsp

A:No videos will play on my computer, but why?

Download and install Shockwave, Flash player and Quicktime and Java

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-videos-will-play-on-my-computer-but-why.107460/
Relevancy 26.23%

I'm using windows xp home.

A couple of the pictures in my slide show are too big I guess. I did reduce the size of one pic to 250x199 and things are lost at the top and bottom. Another picture is 560x420 and on the sides I lose some stuff that goes over the edge of my TV when I play the DVD.

So reducing the pics didnt seem to help.

Then I right clicked on pics in the timeline, and selected Crop. That seems like its supposed to help me make the pic fit the TV screen, but no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

When I watch the slide show using the Nero play and view screen, the pictures are fine, but on a burned DVD, afew pics are too big.

Thanks

A:Nero 7 Ultra slide show - pictures dont fit

Download Google's Picasa 2 and install it. Let it load the original pics and export them through Picasa at a fixed resolution to a file. From this exported file, burn another DVD and see if the pictures play properly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nero-7-ultra-slide-show-pictures-dont-fit.105064/
Relevancy 25.8%

my sound is not playing well. it started to do this weird sound when i play a song/video. i can not explain it. so i recorded a video of my laptop while playing a video then it playing a MP3 song. so you can fully get what im trying to explain.
below is the link to the video:

s80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/Orila07/?action=view&current=DSCF5864.flv

any one that can fix this problem,
PLEASE HELP ME! :]

A:When I play videos it does this weird thing like freezes but plays

Sounds better than the original !

Actually, please download a codec pack, here's one: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Codec_Pack_All_in_1.htm

Also confirm your drivers are updated for your sound card
One way to do this is to do a Windows Update and select "Custom"
Another way is to go to your Laptops support page, they usually have an auto detect button, that you can use to download your audio drivers.

And cover those legs !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-play-videos-it-does-this-weird-thing-like-freezes-but-plays.101964/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey everybody I recently got a zune and I dont know how to use dvds, wmp and other types of video with the zune and I dont know how to get pictures work. Thank you very much

A:Converting Videos and Pictures to the zune

Maybe this`ll help.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/converting-videos-and-pictures-to-the-zune.64123/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi, I have a lot of short videos of my infant son. They were taken with a Kodak Digital Camera. I have them on my computer, and wanted to store them seperately for more security in case the computer died. I saved them to a 4gb flash drive. They are on there, I verified it by putting the flash drive in another computer. They are stored as Quicktime (.mov) files. I want to put them on a DVD. I have blank DVDs, my computer has a DVD burner, along with software for creating DVDs. All the software programs say the file time is incorrect (.mov). I tried 4 different types of software for creating DVDs.
Please help me if you can.
Thanks.

A:Help with Videos

Download and install Google's Picasa 2. Let Picasa load the videos and see if you can burn them from there. I have done this on a CD, but not a DVD yet

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-videos.101052/
Relevancy 25.8%

I am having trouble with the audio part of You Tube and CNN. As soon as the video starts the sound stops. I click play and the sound starts then it stops again, Then, the video freezes. What is going on? It is so frustrating when I can't hear the audio because it keeps stopping and starting, starting, stopping. Help !

A:Trouble with audio when viewing videos on you tube or cnn

Find out what audio program gives you the sound for whatever is not working. It's going to be a plug-in of some kind. Go to 'control panel' and 'uninstall' the current plug-in. Then reinstall it from a good source. Many times these applications can become corrupt and stop all together or off and on. I think with a fresh install of all of your audio plug-ins will bring them around. Give it a try! Good Luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-audio-when-viewing-videos-on-you-tube-or-cnn.100352/
Relevancy 26.66%

On my laptop Im having problems watching video clips. I'll click on a video link and push play but it doesnt play the video. The link is good, is there something on my laptop like javascript not playing the video? I was able to watch before now maybe for the past 2 weeks I cannot.

A:I cant watch videos

Hey try typing java player in google and see if u can dl a newer version if that doesnt work shut your popup blocker off if u have one on and see if u get a pop up warning you it wont play or somthing...... give it a go i hope u find somthing good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-watch-videos.100225/
Relevancy 26.66%

So i am working on burning some pictures and my Drive keeps coming up with

E:/ is not accessible.
Incorrect Function.

I do have a CD DVD burner, I bought it from Newegg about a year and a half ago..

I have been searching the forum and have found answers to this question, but none of them have worked...

any trouble shooting things that anyone can help with??? this is really getting annoying...

ps, it burns CD's fine.. I just burned a mp3 CD earlier today from iTunes.... i just cant the get the pictures to burn..

A:Burner drive not burning pictures

Replace the burner

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burner-drive-not-burning-pictures.97566/
Relevancy 25.37%

As the title says really. Suddenly my computer won't buffer any videos, and as far as i'm aware I havn't changed any settings. I'm using windows Vista, any ideas as to how I can fix my problem?

Mark

A:My computer suddenly won't buffer/load any videos on sites such as youtube, any help?

Load all defaults in Internet Explorer

Open IE (Internet Explorer 7)
Hit ALT on the keyboard to see the IE menu bar
Click on Tools - Internet Options
Start by Delete (all is good - if you know all your cached (copied) online passwords
Then go through each tab and restore defaults (reset on advanced)

Restart IE once done
You'll probably have MS settings page popup, just go through the settings
Then at last go to youtube.com and try again

If it still doesn't work
Go here http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&promoid=BONRN
I always untick Google toolbar and then tick I agree and then Install now.

Try that, please report back if successfull

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-suddenly-wont-buffer-load-any-videos-on-sites-such-as-youtube-any-help.97586/
Relevancy 26.66%

First time using memory card reader. I have been using reader to transfer
pictures to memory card/sddisk for digital picture frames. I got through
1 set of pictures, now when I try it keeps saying (cannot copy) the directory or file cannot be created. what is happening? thanks

A:Transfer pictures to memory card in reader

Card is full or locked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/transfer-pictures-to-memory-card-in-reader.95737/
Relevancy 61.92%

Ok first off i really couldn t find the best forum to post this in so please move as requried Right brass tacks I m creating a fully cat e and probably coax too while i m at it embedded network in the house i m about to move into I ve just installed Vista Home Premium as a dual boot on my main pc and it links nicely to the xbox for the media center bits n bobs My intention is to put c d pc s in each of the kids rooms running Vista HP too They will also eventually have tv cards in so they can watch tv from their rooms I would like to put a NAS box on the network for central storage and create a library NAS...etc dvd Creating on a a library of all our dvd s on there so the kids can just use their media centre to select a dvd and watch it rather than finding the disc and playing it through their dvd drive How do i successfully copy a dvd film to the NAS so that it populates the media center list and can be watched by clicking its thumbnail Drag n drop TS files etc or is there specific software that will do it all for me If kids wanted to watch either the same film or different films at the same time from their own bedrooms would they experience stuttering due to the load Indeed can the same film be watched simultaneously by pc s on the network Bearing in mind my first point about flooding cat e through the house i thought i d flood coax in as well for tv radio quality to each room Any other cabling to consider The answers you nice people give may raise more questions so be prepared nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creating-a-dvd-library-on-a-nas-etc.94868/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi Whenever i try to play anything on the source Engine i get a BSOD as soon as the game starts up used to happen with the witcher but doesnt anymore for some reason I dont even get to the loading screen or anything just a straight up BSOD and comp reboots The same thing happened when i tried to play the dark knight trailer in fullscreen mode and now whenever i try to play something in windows media player I copy pasted the BCCodes into a txt file you can download here hxxp rapidshare com files sss txt html and the dumps here hxxp rapidshare com files Minidump rar html Sry bout the XX but your boards dont allow me to post links unless i have three videos prob games playing and BSOD when certain posts CPU Specs ASUS P K deluxe wifi Intel Core Duo E GHz MB FSB Corsair GB DDR PC - C mhz X GBKIT ASUS EN GTX HTDP M GF GTX PCI-E MB What I ve done Memtest for a solid hours Reinstalled Nvidia Forceware Searched the net endlessly - BSOD prob when playing certain games and videos - I m going to run Dmark later to see what happens my VC temp is around Celcius If i forgot anything BSOD prob when playing certain games and videos or if you need more info feel free to ask thanks in advance update still happens lol nbsp

A:BSOD prob when playing certain games and videos

Uninstall the ASUS enhanced video drivers that came with your video card. You don't need them and they're known to cause problems. You may have to reinstall the Nvidia supplied drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-prob-when-playing-certain-games-and-videos.94781/
Relevancy 23.22%

I turn on the crossfire mode through the catalyst driver and i try to play videos and i have no luck, same if i try to play battlefield 2 and 2142, but when i turn the crossfire off the videos start playing and i am able to play the battlefield games. Is there any way to fix the crossfire mode with software or anything? because i would like to play videos and battlefield 2 and 2142 on crossfire mode.

//edit//the videocards are crossfire ready and i am able to play quake 4 in crossfire mode

A:ATI Crossfire with two X1950GT's aren't letting me play videos or play battlefield 2

What's your psu? For two of those cards in Cross-fire mode you're looking at something like 550w and 38amps to be able to do Crossfire.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-crossfire-with-two-x1950gts-arent-letting-me-play-videos-or-play-battlefield-2.85646/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all,

Winamp's being... temperamental, to say the least.
I have a music library of ~2000 songs which I want to get it to sync to my MP3 player. It recognizes that my player is connected to my PC just fine, but when I tell it to sync all 2000 songs in one shot the program freezes and crashes.
I really do NOT want to have to sit at my PC for hours and sync my music library 50 songs at a time. Is there a workaround for this problem or am I just going to have to bite the bullet?

Thanks,

-'Mage

EDIT: Mods, please delete this thread, I reposted it in "Misc. Software". Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winamp-crashes-when-syncing-music-library.93183/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi I recently bought an dip switch with solved x700 problems Ati x and it ran fine for while but then artifacts and other garbage started to appear on screen Eventually it would not run any d d or hardware accellerated games This really got to me since Battlefield and Tron were two new games I bought and I couldn t play I tried changing drivers reinstalling windows and putting it into another computer In which it worked but eventually failed I was about to chuck it when we noticed dip switches on the underside of the card No idea what they Ati x700 problems solved with dip switch do Ati x700 problems solved with dip switch but switching them both to the opposite setting didn t work Then I put switch at position and switch at position This worked I have a watt psu gb generic ram and an AMD Barton ghz I don t know what those switches are for if anyone does please reply I d like to know what I did I have heard a lot of complaints about this card and vista so I m wondering if these switches could solve problems for those people I only changed them as a last resort Wow am I ever happy nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-x700-problems-solved-with-dip-switch.92918/
Relevancy 36.55%

I have a Geforce fx le and an amd k - processor i m not into games but i do beleive i should be able to watch basic videos like on youtube I downloaded the latest drivers for my graphics card and in some cases things came up worse What i found out is disabling %100 usage CPU Videos & Streaming other videos , agp texturing Streaming Videos & other videos , CPU usage %100 and direct d helped video playback on certain files I don t want to spend money without resolving a solution do i need a new graphics card because i do get the blu screen of death with this mothrboard saying nv disp dll not workin i don t think my graphics card is compatible with my mob nvidia I can t get a new cpu without getting a new motherboard because of socket and i can t buy a new cpu motherboard and use my old harddrive without gettin a new harddrive and installin windows xp then transferring data all too much stress i jus want to watch even simple flv files without cpu usage youtube videos comon easy enough rite btw i have a broadband connection even if rip straming videos in asf format cpu usage is video card problem because i m open to buyin a new card not nvidia nbsp

A:Streaming Videos & other videos , CPU usage %100

on second thought even in safe mode cpu usage is %100, is direct x enabled in safe mode... now what?

i also occasionally get windows virtual memory is low i have 256 mb ram that is only recognized but why does that mean cpu usage %100?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/streaming-videos-other-videos-cpu-usage-100.92057/
Relevancy 26.23%

I recently tryed to play a video that i had downloaded on my computer a while ago in winamp. when i opened it up, winamp came up, but no video screen, so i manually clicked the video button, and it was black. i tryed pressing play and it did nothing. so i tryed opening a different video and same thing happened. i then tryed opening a video in windows media, and an error popped up forcing me to close wmp. im pretty fluent with compuers so i ran spyware and virus scans, and they came up with nothing, and i have no idea why my computer wont play any video i through at it. and help? im running winXP home, Radeon X1300, 1gig RAM, 2.2 Ghz Athalon XP 3200.

A:Comp wont play videos?

you may need to see if your videos are in a proper format for playing. find a video and right click and see what type it shows. for example is it avi, mp3, mp4, divx etc, or in your case, wma - windows media file format.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comp-wont-play-videos.90835/
Relevancy 25.8%

I'm having an odd problem with my computer. When I attempt to right-click on any movie file(.avi, .mov, .wmv, etc) The screen goes black for 1/2 second or so , then redraws the screen before the menu comes up.
I'm running an Athlon 64X2 4200+ with 1gb ram and a Geforce 6600 Gt, . I've had the same setup for awhile, but this problem is recent. I've tried upgrading the drivers, but doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?
Also, possibly related, WMV files already on my computer only play for about 2 seconds before the video stops. Pausing and playing again don't help.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

A:Odd video problem selecting videos in windows explorer

Have you plug in the auxiliary power to Geforce 6600GT ?

Have you updated the DirectX ?

Have you tried to re-seat the Geforce 6600GT?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-video-problem-selecting-videos-in-windows-explorer.90961/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have saved and named (using Adobe Photoshop) about 150 pictures in a folder in My Pictures in XP. Later when I go back to add some add to the folder from a CD from a relative the original photos in the folder have become mixed up and they seem out of order and the names do not coorespond to the photo. When I view them as a slideshow they are in the correct order, but when viewed as a thumbnail the thumbnail does not coorespond to the name. If I "save as" each picture then they are coorespond again to name, but I'm tired of having to go back and resave each picture all over again. This happens lately to larger folders of pictures that I add to My Pictures. Does any one know what causes this and how to prevent or fix the problem.

A:Photo names do not coorespond to the photo in My Pictures

dhack said:

... they seem out of order and the names do not coorespond to the photo. When I view them as a slideshow they are in the correct order, ...Click to expand...

The names in a folder view will be different than that of your camera software.
What 'slideshow' software are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/photo-names-do-not-coorespond-to-the-photo-in-my-pictures.88777/
Relevancy 26.23%

Ok My problem is that like the title says I cant get videos to run on my second and third monitors I have a geforce GS waiting for the series powering my main LCD monitor and a gecube PCI radeon mb powering my two CRT monitors on either side I know the video isn t working because direct draw and direct d is disabled But heres the kicker This HAS worked before when i had my geforce GX powering my main monitor I was also stuck with just my Videos not monitor on secondary working radeon for awhile and it not only ran videos but played X BTF d space sim game at high settings just fine It has even Videos not working on secondary monitor worked in this setup before - I had uninstalled my and reinstalled the radeon so the videos would work and after that I installed the again and after the first reboot to install the drivers everything was just peachy Next restart however direct draw was disabled and back to square one Long story short videos only work on my radeon when the Videos not working on secondary monitor isnt installed I think it has something to do with the nvidia drivers Anyhow any help would be greatly appreciated I am running windows XP x am using Videos not working on secondary monitor the WHQL nvidia drivers and the NGOHQ x catalyst drivers I have a crosshair mobo with a fx- processor currently GB of ram OCZ stick died RMA ing now PS Sorry for the long post nbsp

A:Videos not working on secondary monitor

"don't work" means what? The media player application crashes and formats your hard drive? Little blue gnomes start dancing on your keyboard singing "No video, no video"?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-not-working-on-secondary-monitor.87740/
Relevancy 27.52%

Here is a picture of the inside of my case, the ram is OCZ ddr2 800 MHZ 2gb, dual channel blah blah... i know i know... probably a stupid question...
I put them on the right slots because on the left, the cpu cooler kinda touches.

and here is what the manuel says. just the picture dont make sense to me.

and everest! why does it say ddr2800 (400) MHZ??!?!

A:Need Help With Ram (PICTURES)

Both are correct. Either A1-B1 or A2-B2 for dual channel. The slots are colour coded as well. DDR2-800 runs at 400MHz.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-ram-pictures.79990/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have used Mediaplayer 11 for about a year. Iopened last week and it stated that there were no items and I had to add my music to my library. I try to do this by specifying where the player should monitor but nothing happens. When I go back to that window my manually added folders have disappeared. I have rolled it back to media player 10 but it states that the file wmplayer11 is where wmplayer10 should be and asks if I want to download the newest mediaplayer. I have done this many times, done a system retore, run a virus check, even tried to remove it from the computer, and start over, but it will not let me do it. I am at a loss. I cannot get this to work whatever I do. Any help that I could get from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Mediaplayer will not add to library

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/faq/library.mspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mediaplayer-will-not-add-to-library.86395/
Relevancy 26.23%

Any videos i have downloaded (direct) aren't watchable, the screen is black, but i still hear the audio, any ideas for what might be causing this? Everything was working fine last week now i cant watch any videos i dled to my computer. Youtube and stuff still works though. I Use windows xp professional

A:Unable to watch any downloaded videos

1.Have you updated your ATI video video card recently ? If so, look HERE

2.Try System Restore to last week

3.Reinstall your media players.

4.Download KMP media player or VLC media player.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-watch-any-downloaded-videos.86551/