Windows Support Forum

Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen

Q: Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen

Hi Everyone As the title says about i have a Dell Vostro and im running Windows with a bit It is only years only It started about a month ago I was on my laptop viewing and Black screen. Vostro login screen Dell reach Wont 1520. deleting some unwanted photos i had A few minutes later Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen i realized that i deleted a photo that i wanted So i went to the recycling bin and restored that photo When i went back to my photos and went into the album it said something like i do no have permission to access this folder Please press continue to get full permission I clicked continue and i got the access i should have Now i tried many more random folders and the same Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen thing happened Also when i came Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen out of the folders the folders had a big pad lock sign on the front of it After that i shut down the laptop and went to turn it back on The laptop will power on like normal I can press f for the boot options which i have already tried many times I also tried it in safe mode and what-not but still nothing I can hear the fan and stuff spinning up like normal I have also put and CD into the CD ROM and that spins up fine So after the Dell logo on the screen it goes black and stays that way with the cursor You can move the cursor around no problem I should also add that the battery light is and has been flashing for a good wile Its flashing orange and blue I m wondering if this has anything to do with the battery Because my laptop will not charge with the AC adapter in it for many months now It will only stay powered on with the AC adapter plugged in One more thing The LED lights over the buttons None of the are flashing besides one on the far left And i cant find out anywhere what this LED light stands for It looks like a battery to me Any advice would be so great The way it is now i don t care about the laptop I really want to hope i can save my pictures and videos i have on there nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen

Since its a laptop the harddrive is easy to pull out and remove.If you have or can get a usb sata/ide connector hook the drive to that and then to another computer if you have one so you can save all of your important data like pix, music, etc.The laptop battery is going to have to be replaced since its no longer charging properly.It sounds like there might be a short somewhere or a power supply problem along with a bad battery.Or possibly something might be wrong with the screen or video or graphics card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-vostro-1520-black-screen-wont-reach-login-screen.1031342/
Relevancy 111.37%

Hi there Last night my girlfriend s laptop display turned off and wouldn Screen Insprion Black Dell 1520 t Dell Insprion 1520 Black Screen seem to come back on I hooked up an external display and it worked fine I then took it apart and checked the connects to the display and they looked fine as Dell Insprion 1520 Black Screen well Dell Insprion 1520 Black Screen After this I got the screen to come on for a few minutes When the screen is on it flickers and makes a slight buzzing noise Also the bottom right of the screen from the front bottom left from the back gets very very hot It turns off after a few minutes I took it apart again after this and noticed that the tape on the bottom left from the back- the origin of the noise and the heat was starting to melt Does this imply that there is a short with a wire in the display If so is it something that is fixable if I open up the LCD If not would purchasing a replacement LCD panel be the cheapest repair option Any and all help would be greatly appreciated Thank you very much ps I can add pictures if needed and if that would help Model Number PP L Inspiron Service Tag FBHGDD nbsp

Relevancy 105.35%

Hello I was wondering if anyone would have some sound advice for me on this problem I have a Dell Vostro with Intel I - GHZ Nvidia Geforce GT video card and Gig of ram When I start the computer it begins normal startup then just before the windows desktop appears I get a black screen that shows only the mouse pointer Sometimes it will show the mouse pointer and the taskbar but no icons From there I cannot shut it down unless I push the power button Im using Windows bit version Usually it will startup normally afterwards that but not always At first I thought this just happened when the computer is cold but it happens either way And sometimes it just starts normal I did a full virus scan using Norton and no issues there I used malwarebytes and it shows clean I switched monitors and same problem and I also switched out the video card with another and still have the same problem Any help on this would be much appreciated Cheers

A:Black screen on startup - Dell Vostro 470

Oh, and I just rermembered, I used the Dell hardware diagnostic program included with my computer and it passed all tests, including the thorough test.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509210/black-screen-on-startup-dell-vostro-470/
Relevancy 105.35%

Hi all -- I ve owned three Dell machines over the last few years all of which have worked great so when I recently decided to replace my current laptop I went with a Vostro It was delivered on and I have been migrating programs and data and attaching peripherals gradually to it over the last week to make 1700 screen Vostro Dell black sure nothing was conflicting Things seemed to be working fine so I started using it Dell Vostro 1700 black screen for my work yesterday and this afternoon in the middle of editing a lengthy document the screen went Dell Vostro 1700 black screen black and wouldn t reboot I spent almost Dell Vostro 1700 black screen hours on the phone with Dell taking out memory cards and hard drives and putting them back turning the computer off and on etc I asked the rep what would cause the screen to go black and she told me it was probably a driver upgrade but at the end of the conversation she told me they would replace the video card and the hard drive My first instinct is to return the thing and get a refund I don t know if that s jumping the gun or not but I m not crazy about keeping a machine that had major issues in less than a week of light to moderate use I ve never had this kind of a problem before with a computer especially one that is brand new so I m looking for opinions about how to proceed How often does something like this happen What s the likelihood that this is just the beginning of a long nightmare or that once the new parts are installed it ll be a problem-free machine Looking for any and all thoughts or similar experiences Thanks oops--just noticed my signature is really old I haven t had the dimension for years nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-vostro-1700-black-screen.733402/
Relevancy 103.2%

Hey
I just replaced my not working motherboard and power supply card with new ones. Now the windows seems to boot but just when the start screen is about to show up, the screen go black. I know it's up because when i slide my finger in the biological sensot it would make the sound of a successful login.
If you guys have any suggestions except repairing or reinstalling the OS, i'd happy to hear that.
Thanks in advance

A:Black screen problem - new motherboard - Dell Vostro 3550

It's probably an Activation Problem. If it's a new Motherboard, it's new Hardware, even if it is the exact motherboard you replaced.

If you can pull up Task Manager from the black screen (If you have a mouse but nothing else) - Then you can stick your install disk into the Optical Drive and run Setup.exe- This will fix any activation problems. Run an In-Place Install which means just choose "Upgrade" from the choice of either upgrade or fresh install. I've had to do this twice.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25540-black-screen-problem-new-motherboard-dell-vostro-3550-a.html
Relevancy 101.91%

I installed on my Dell Vostro 3550 laptop to the vga diver load the screen off. Restart is not. Who knows help with.

A:Error installing Windows 8 rp black screen Dell Vostro 3550

Originally Posted by koolvanhung

I installed on my Dell Vostro 3550 laptop to the vga diver load the screen off. Restart is not. Who knows help with.

There is an issue with a bunch of dell laptops (Vostro 3550, Inspiron n5110 included) where the laptop display is not detected. All of the new drivers and drivers on this site do not fix the problem. There are a couple of workarounds that you do in the meantime though.

1) Hook up an external monitor. Then you can at least use the laptop (only with the external monitor though).
2) Disable the Display adapter under computer properties. Screen shuts off after boot animation - Microsoft Answers (this will only allow a low resolution and no graphic acceleration.)

I hope they fix this soon as it is tough to develop for an OS that I can't even use.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/7061-error-installing-windows-8-rp-black-screen-dell-vostro-3550-a.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Dell N W wont start Dell logo gt black screen How to restore Hello friends Please could you advise me My friend has asked me to help with her Dell N Inspiron laptop She has had it for about just over a year now Dual-core Pentium GB RAM W bit She is not computer savvy and I dont know how shes managed to do this but heres the problem You press the power button The Dell logo appears along with the F amp F options for Setup amp Boot Options This is followed by a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left Thats it All this happens in the space of seconds power-up to black screen Nothing else happens no Windows logo screen start. N5030:W7 logo black Dell reset Dell wont how? screen. + Factory no Microsoft logo nothing Screen stays black with the cursor and the laptop instantly turns off when I press the power button My friend was desperate because she had over family photos and some important documents she didnt want to lose I was able to recover all of those using a Linux Mint live CD so at least shes all smiles for that Using Mint made me realize that the hardware was working perfectly The hard drive was good no mem faults and of course the optical drive was fine Dell N5030:W7 wont start. Dell logo + black screen. Factory reset how? So its something with Windows Also while using Mint I could clearly see the Dell Recovery Partition The problem is I dont know how to get the Inspiron to fire it up - because I cannot even get into Safe Mode where the quot Repair Dell N5030:W7 wont start. Dell logo + black screen. Factory reset how? your computer quot option is When I pressed F all that comes up is an option to tweak the boot order and a diagnostics option I ran the latter and it found no hardware faults at all I wasnt surprised I tried the usual tricks for trying to get it to begin the factory reset Stuff like CTRL F hold F down and then press power button keep pressed and then press power button All of these do the same thing - they just start the Diagnostic Tests My friend says Dell did not provide a Restore DVD because they told her quot it was all on the hard drive quot But they assumed that the user would be able to get to the Advanced Boot Options screen - which is not happening Pressing F results in the Insipiron once again running its diagnostics Safe Mode is not working How do I get this laptop to begin the factory reset Thanks very much for any help you can give

A:Dell N5030:W7 wont start. Dell logo + black screen. Factory reset how?

Dell states that the Factory Restore option should be visible on the F8 screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/216121-dell-n5030-w7-wont-start-dell-logo-black-screen-factory-reset-how.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hey i have absolutely Wont login/shutdown black mode safe screen - no idea what to do here after having my Acer Aspire G laptop for about months now i came to installing SP for vista finally i have no idea if this is whats causing the problem but it was the last thing i installed well after coming home and finding the laptop to be relatively hot i try a log in and Wont login/shutdown - safe mode black screen it goes through logging in and then gets to a black screen with only my cursor available I tried starting it in safe mode when it gets to the options Wont login/shutdown - safe mode black screen menu after bootup it doesnt turn off either and when it loads i find myself with a black screen safe mode in every corner I tried bringing up task manager because the ctrl alt dlt vista screen does show and it wont load i get the cursor showing its loading but it doesnt appear I thought i could add explorer exe if it wasnt showing in pros Im real stuck here guys it has some important work on it and i have no vista disk to restore it that way Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Wont login/shutdown - safe mode black screen

edit: cmd safe mode works, but i dont know how to fix it from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-login-shutdown-safe-mode-black-screen.720140/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello friends, I recently got the Gnome desktop environment on the Ubuntu Software Center, and I used the gdm and startx command as said by another forum site. Nothing wrong, they said to logout, tried to login again, goes to a black screen and sends me back to the Ubuntu login screen. Tried again, same result, panicked. Looked up video tutorial on how to fix it, they said to access the control panel via ctrl-alt-f1 or f2, went to a black screen, no text at all, computer runs fine, no crashing. Is there a special way to access the terminal in a System76 computer, I really don't know very confusing? Is there a way to login with the guest session? I use Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf on my laptop. What causes this, I read on Ubuntu forums it's driver issues with Ubuntu and Nvidia, but I have my suspections with the Gnome desktop environment.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/ubuntu-login-black-screen-then-login-screen-loop-for-a-system76-oryx-pro-laptop.55688/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi
I have dell inspiron Windows8 pdc laptop
After login by Microsoft account showing black screen with timet n mouse click arrow
I can move arrow. I can go to taskbar

A:dell Windows 8 laptop showing black screen after login

Please help me I m really worried I bought thislaptop last month only

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-windows-8-laptop-showing-black-screen-after-login.1135746/
Relevancy 93.74%

I need help!!
3 weeks back, i was watching a show on my dell on VLC media player, and the sound suddenly started vanishing. Then it completely went. I treid everything since then-
1. updating all my drivers
2. running ccleaner
3. running all antivirus- there were 2 threats detected and quarintined.

Still there is no sound.

What should I do?

Relevancy 92.88%

Greetiings everyone I ve been using a Dell Vostro laptop with the following specs FPS Dell Vostro 1520 Random Drops in Win x Intel Core Duo P GHZ GB Ram nVidia GeForce M GS Since Random FPS Drops in Dell Vostro 1520 a few months back whenever I run on a game it gets random FPS drops from early on -Just a few seconds from being started- not allowing me to play at all no matter how soft the game is in graphic matters I have tried from games like League of Legends to Dragon Ball Online RPG maker based games browser based games -Facebook games and such- and I always end up by having random FPS drops to All my drivers are updated I made a clear windows instalation yesterday to be sure if there was something OS related and it seems not even in compatibility mode my games won t run properly I m now appealing to you in the following question Does anyone have any idea on what could be going on Thanks for taking the time to read this and thank you in advance from the responses

A:Random FPS Drops in Dell Vostro 1520

Siegfriedv,
Unfortunately, there are no Windows 10 drivers available for download for this computer. Dell did not verify Windows 10 on the Vostro 1520 laptop. Also, the Vostro 1520 laptop was designed for small businesses and not gaming. 
Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade
Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19992255
Relevancy 92.88%

I recently bought a Dell vostro 1520. The configuration is:

-Intel® Core? 2 Duo T6670 w/VT (2.1GHz, 2MB L2, 800MHz FSB)
-Genuine Windows® 7 Professional, with Media, 32-bit, English
-4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz, 2 DIMM
-Intel® Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
-500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with Free Fall Sensor

After a few upgrades, Windows7 started giving me trouble. After using system restore 3-4 times, when the problems didnt stop, I formatted my hard drive.

Now I am trying to install Windows xp on my laptop, but it gives an error "bootmgr.exe is missing".

Kindly help me to install windows xp.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-vostro-1520-bootmgr-is-missing.148969/
Relevancy 92.45%

please can you help with this .my computer wont start in any of the options set out on the screen at all, no modes whatsoever .
thanks
maq1

A:Dell xps black screen wont start

Do you see anything on the screen at all, like the initial screen when you turn it on? Describe where it hangs at and describe what is on the screen

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/196089/dell-xps-black-screen-wont-start/
Relevancy 92.02%

I talked to a friend of mine who knows about computers and even he's never seen anything like this It's pretty simplistic really When I turn on my computer it starts normally at first but as soon as it would screen works. reach safemode Can't normally, login though normally play the beginning tune and show the login screen instead the musical tone cuts off and the screen flickers wildly at seizure-inducing speeds I can see through the flickering the blue of the login screen yet no profile icons or the Can't reach login screen normally, though safemode works. text box As well I can see the little keyboard button though its been pushed to the top left of the screen and I can see and move my mouse normally though the mouse icon itself relentlessly flickers like the screen between normal mouse mouse with loading circle and loading circle I have no idea what could be causing this especially considering I just installed Windows fresh all of days ago As the title says Can't reach login screen normally, though safemode works. I can still log in normally when in safe mode I've heard a number of different opinions as to the cause such as the prefetch superfetch programs possible faulty motherboard the fact that I didn't do anything special even though I installed it onto a solid state drive etc Any ideas on how I can solve this I can provide further computer details if needed as well as a list that a friend had suggested I make of every program that I install or alter from the initial Windows install

A:Can't reach login screen normally, though safemode works.

try uninstalling your video drivers to see if that helps.

scrooge

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/195033-cant-reach-login-screen-normally-though-safemode-works.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi there,

It takes my Packard bell Easynote TX86 about 2 minutes until it reaches to the login screen.
It seems to me a very long time.

How can I debug this situation.

Pleas ask for any informtion and I'll try to give.

Thanks!

A:Long time until I reach login screen

Try turning off all items in Startup with the exception of the Microsoft items and your antimalware and firewall software. Then reboot - is it quicker? Read this for more help:

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/311602-long-time-until-i-reach-login-screen.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Whenever I start up my computer now it starts up as normal, except that after the windows logo on the black screen with the bar at the bottom dissapears it doesn't go to the login screen. It just stays as a black screen. I can get the computer to start up in all three safe modes, but I can't get the computer to get to the login screen starting normally. I have tried system restoring to yesterday but that didn't work either. I haven't installed anything since yesterday so I don't know what the problem is. Anybody know what the problem might be?

A:Unable to reach login screen on startup

Have you tried doing a System Restore to last week?

When in Safe Mode you can try running check disk to check your hard drives for errors. Go Start>Run and type chkdsk /r. You will need to restart your PC for this to run on boot. Make a note of any errors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-reach-login-screen-on-startup.821718/
Relevancy 92.02%

Sup guys The problem I have atm is has decided to just die on me by refusing to load the log in screen It also must be mentioned this problem started when the power went out Other than that it has never happened before over the time I have owned this computer about - months and I'v had several electricity black outs before that My Specs are as followed OS Windows Vista Home Premium Bit RAM Kingston GB HD Seagate gb GFX Nvidia GT PowerSupply Inbuilt about W PROC Intel quadcore The screen before the log in screen says somthing like Some data hasn't been saved when you shutdown on the last session would you like to boot on safemode When I tried to get into the OS through safe mode or running safemode and command prompt screen login vista :/ Unable to reach it made no difference I just got the black screen with the cursor loading I'v tried ultimatebootcd and some of the HD diagnostic stuff on that I'v tried defragging it Unable to reach vista login screen :/ running antispyware virus software but nothing I'v tried some of the system diagnostic stuff on the vista disc The system repair thing tells me to unplug any external Unable to reach vista login screen :/ devices which I have I checked like times Unable to reach vista login screen :/ lol system restore can't restore to a previous date either and the full system restore doesn't do anything I then resorted to just trying to reinstall the OS and I can't without a product key The prodcut key they say I received with the disk isn't on the casing the manual or on the disk and I can't access the OS to check what it is as that is the entire cause of the problem P So I'm at a loss here Any help is appreciated Edit I'v waited hours for the log in screen Nothing If I double posted that obviously wasn't intentional The laptop I'm posting on is really suck

A:Unable to reach vista login screen :/

i know have had some instances of vista taking FOREVER [15-20 minutes] to get to the login screen

try letting it sit for a bit and see what happens.

if it still refuses to load then try installing an os on another drive [you should be able to install vista without a cd key, but then again ive only installing from custom vista cds from my old company, so they might have been modified]

then try this, its a bit involved, and might not work on vista, but its the only thing i could think of:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/0...otable-system/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-reach-vista-login-screen-281093.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Edit: Please close this
In the mean time refer to

http://www.techsupportforum.com/micr...in-screen.html

A:Unable to reach vista login screen :/

.... um... didnt you already post this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/micr...in-screen.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-reach-vista-login-screen-281095.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi there I have a dell vostro that I bought nd hand about months ago Has run seamlessly until a couple of days ago when it began running ridiculously slow and took minutes just to load icons on the control panel screen and each program I would open would say not responding And that windows is missing files and suggesting that I should Dell windows 1520 vostro load to failing check settings in sound and audio and something about the region setting I couldn t find the problem and tried restarting the laptop Only now it only goes thru the dell startup screen where it says press f boot options then goes to a blank screen which it stays on forever I have put the windows disk in and reinstalled it but now it still goes to the blank screen after asking which windows to load up Oh and before I reinstalled windows and tried to boot up it said it is missing files or it s not meant to run windows on this on this computer or something to that effect Checking memory is coming up with no probs and I tried system restore Dell vostro 1520 failing to load windows to a previous date but it says there is no previous image to restore too I don t know what to do now nbsp

A:Dell vostro 1520 failing to load windows

run a check of your harddrive........... go to harddrive mfr website d/l the hd diagnostic s/w and burn to disc or thumb drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-vostro-1520-failing-to-load-windows.1121199/
Relevancy 90.73%

Having some issues with my Inspiron 1520... I had hooked it up to an external display via the S-Video output, went through the normal routine except this time the display did not show up on the TV. I had to restart the computer using the power button, but when it restarted the screen no longer shows up, just get a blank black screen. The Power and Numlock displays are lit up and I've tried connecting to the TV again as well as to a external monitor to no avail.

A:Dell 1520 blank screen

Hello and Welcome! It may be that your video card driver has become corrupt during the aforementioned process. Try booting into safe mode. (Do so by tapping the F8 key while the computer is booting).. If it will boot into safe mode then go to Device manager (right click 'My Computer', choose Properties/Hardware Tab/Device Manager) and uninstall the Display adapter. Restart the pc and Windows will re-install it. You may have to set the proper resolution again. Good Luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-1520-blank-screen.800913/
Relevancy 90.73%

Have an unusual mark on screen at startup then green lines and pink but otherwise pc ok cannot upload jpeg image for some reason

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-issue-dell-1520.208131/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello, i am trying to fix a computer for my company but im not sure what the issue is.

1. The computer is on, but has blank screen. I held the power button to turn it off, waiting 1 minute and started it back up. I got the "windows has been shut down improperly" screen. I told it startup like normal and i see the Windows XP icon and the loading bar underneath. But then the screen goes black and the moniter just sits there on, with just black.

I thinking it may be either the RAM card has an error of the motherboard itself is failing, but im not sure how to test these. Any and all help would be greatly appriciated.

Thank you

Windows XP Professional SP3
IBM  ThinkCentre
Pentium 4
Machine Type: 8187
Model : WLL
Product ID: 8187WLL

A:Computer starts up, but doesnt reach login screen.

Will it boot into Safe mode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547352/computer-starts-up-but-doesnt-reach-login-screen/
Relevancy 90.73%

When the computer boots up the Dell motherboard boots up fine then Windows get's stuck at the spinning dots I can't reach the login menu at all The only things I can reach are the BIOS from F and so Windows Can't fast) Screen. Reach Login to do to need (Probably need 10 reinstall, another options menu from F From the spinning dots I can still Ctrl Alt Del out but only to shut down or restart From those menus I haven't found a way to reach safe mode or even reinstall if necessary This is a laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 10 Can't Reach Login Screen. (Probably need to reinstall, need to do so fast) Windows so there's nothing to downgrade to I also don't have an optical drive so there's no disc only the Windows that came already inside the system The thing is I think I know why this is happening I changed the ownership of the entire C drive I imagine now there's no way for me to get back in and change it back I haven't had this Windows installation long so I won't lose that much from reinstalling it I just need a way to do it quickly like before Monday

A:Windows 10 Can't Reach Login Screen. (Probably need to reinstall, need to do so fast)

Hi,

What is the exact make and model of laptop please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-cant-reach-login-screen-probably-need-to-reinstall-need-to-do-so-fast-1085481.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Ok so here s what s going on one of my computers windows xp home professional I believe I downloaded a pretty nasty virus by mistake and ran it for some reason avg didnt detect it as a virus well this virus may just of totaled my hard drive beyond repair I ve researched on the web for people who have had it happen to them but found no easy answer What happens is Serious login Can't screen. Problem: even Computer reach Solved: this I boot up computer Solved: Serious Problem: Computer Can't even reach login screen. Computer gets all the way to loading bar Quick Blue screen appears BAM computer reboots endless cycle Now I ve made myself a winxp recovery cd never had one Solved: Serious Problem: Computer Can't even reach login screen. in the first place and have tried various commands to bring my computer to a working state to no avail chkdsk and chkdsk r return with something like quot the system has unrecoverable errors quot bootcfg rebuild returns with something about a problem with the file system and says to run chkdsk lol I also tried a command to rebuild the boot Solved: Serious Problem: Computer Can't even reach login screen. ini but it failed to I have been successful at getting windows PE to run by booting to cd drive I tried chkdsk from there and still no good Safe mode returns the same results btw so thats out of the question ONE TIME I was able to start up windows in something like directory services mode but im not quite sure how It just decided to show up on the menu with boot options on a try I ve got like gigs of backed up data on there that I was hoping not to lose so this really pisses me off Also when I did get into windows that ONE time I system restored to a few days back restore was succesful but error still existed So am I just gunna have to accept that this virus kicked my butt and reformat then reinstall windows OR does anyone have anything to contribute to my dilemma God life sucks right now trying to fix computer with constant migraines and being only techie in the house lmao nbsp

A:Solved: Serious Problem: Computer Can't even reach login screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-serious-problem-computer-cant-even-reach-login-screen.908489/
Relevancy 90.73%

One of my cousins is an exchange student and currently staying with us for a few weeks She has a Del Vostro that all of the sudden has dropped all internet connections The wifi will not detect any available networks and I can t even connect by using the NIC Not having internet access I was limited on what I could do so I ran Malwarebytes last night and it found a bunch of malware but removing them has not allowed me internet access Was wondering if I could get some possible infection 1520 Dell internet Vostro Lost connections - all help trying to see if I am infected She is running Windows basic Dell Vostro 1520 possible infection - Lost all internet connections in SPANISH First will be the current Hijack Original infected Malware log and then the new clean one from this morning Thanks in advancedHIJACK THIS LOG Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at Dell Vostro 1520 possible infection - Lost all internet connections AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files DellTPad Apoint exeC Program Files IDT WDM sttray exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System Dell Vostro 1520 possible infection - Lost all internet connections hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Dell Dell Wireless WLAN Card WLTRAY EXEC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Windows OEM Mon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Ares Ares exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exeC Program Files DellTPad Apntex exeC Program Files DellTPad HidFind exeC Windows system conhost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com USSMB R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www duxuy com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook shARES Toolbar - c b - e- c -bc -fc - C Program Files shARES tbshAR dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO Windows Live Aplicaci n auxiliar de inicio de sesi n - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO shARES Toolbar - c b - e- c -bc -fc - C Program Files shARES tbshAR dllO - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program F... Read more

A:Dell Vostro 1520 possible infection - Lost all internet connections

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:CODEmsconfigsafebootminimalactivexdrivers32netsvcs%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sysnvrd32.syssymmpi.sysadp3132.sysmv61xx.sysnvraid.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318826/dell-vostro-1520-possible-infection-lost-all-internet-connections/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello,
I have a Dell Inspiron E1505, Windows Xp home edition
I got attacked by malware and virsus 2 days ago...and i had a fake antivirus program and stuff.
I killed the fake antivirus program using Malwarebytes Anti-malware and another malware removing program. I was going to use my AVG but, the components were not working.
The next day, the laptop would lock up randomly(usaly 5 min. into startup) and would make a beep sound.
I was installing Avast antivirus and i got a blue screen and it kept restarting my computer and would not let me in.
Now, I have a black screen right after startup and i cant do anything!
Please help me. Thank you

Relevancy 89.87%

Having some issues with my Inspiron 1520... I had hooked it up to an external display via the S-Video output, went through the normal routine except this time the display did not show up on the TV. I had to restart the computer using the power button, but when it restarted the screen no longer shows up, just get a blank black screen. The Power and Numlock displays are lit up and I've tried connecting to the TV again as well as to a exernal monitor to no avail.

I've had a lot of problems with the video card prior to this and I've had it replaced once and unfortunately my warranty is expired. Just trying to figure out if this is a hardware issue or a problem with the external options. Any help is appreciated.

Running on Windows Vista with a 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 8600M GT GPU.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-1520-screen-blank.759353/
Relevancy 89.87%

I ve been happy with my windows since the th last re-installation now i got this freakin seems-impossible-to-solve problem and i don t want to re-install it again I tried to install Linux on another partition untill i reached a part in linux installation where it said quot formatting quot so i freaked out and shut down the computer Then when i rebooted to go into windows it took and still takes like minutes just to reach the login box it takes like minutes in the part where it shows windows logo with a loading bar below and reach takes 2000 screen my !!! login ages to Windows then some other minutes untill the login box pops up My previous attempts to solve the problem - drive C defragment - repairing windows through re-installing like upgrading - scanned for virus and spyware although it all happened after trying to install linux EDIT i just tried quot CHKDSK F quot and booting in safe mode and in both cases it still takes long but the problem still exist im almost tearing my hair out i can t even find a reason my Windows 2000 takes ages to reach login screen !!! for it restarting is like a nightmare for me currently so i keep my computer on PLEASE HELP ME GUYS nbsp

Relevancy 89.87%

Hey all,

Windows Vista shutting, forcing an update on me and I had to turn off computer at that moment so I manually shut it down. Launched it again and Vista was unable to boot, so I put in installation CD and did a repair. Then Vista installed but it now lacked the drivers needed for network adapter.

I installed the Realtek RTL8168/8111 but still I cannot connect to internet with wireless. Under other devices the following have explamation points:
Mass Storage Controller
Network Contorller
SM Bus Controller
Video Controller

The computer is a vostro 1520 dell laptop. All hardware on it is the defaults that came with computer.

Thanks for response.

A:[SOLVED] vostro 1520 dell laptop no wireless connection on vista

There should be a service tag located on the laptop's bottom. Surf over to Dell's support site (Dell - Drivers and Downloads) and input the service tag. You should be able to download the drivers you are missing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-vostro-1520-dell-laptop-no-wireless-connection-on-vista-554070.html
Relevancy 89.01%

I have had Windows Home Premium bit installed on my Gateway NV laptop I must note that my laptop Windows 7 login reach - does not Premium cycle Home reboot screen dual boots Windows and Ubuntu with GRUB as my default bootloader which employs a chainloader to boot Windows weeks ago I began experiencing problems with my Windows partition Everytime Windows 7 Home Premium does not reach login screen - reboot cycle I booted up the bootloader would show the Windows logo and then the computer would restart without ever reaching the login screen At first I thought the issue was with the Windows bootloader So I used the Windows Repair Disk for bit machines and Windows 7 Home Premium does not reach login screen - reboot cycle from the command line rebuilt the BCD from scratch I even made Windows the default bootloader instead of GRUB because I suspected maybe GRUB was being buggy and still I experienced the same problems I concluded that the problem could not be the bootloader seeing that I rebuilt a new one from scratch and the problem persisted I then proceeded to remove the most recent hotfix I had read somewhere that lately users have been experiencing issues with hotfixes offered by Microsoft using the Windows Emergency Recovery Disk ERD and that did not fix the problem either I also scanned my partition for viruses and none were found I should also note that I have tried booting with Safe mode Safe mode with networking and Safe mode with command prompt and all of these options result in the same boot issue Furthermore I have performed Startup repair and that does not work either I suspect that maybe I am missing a driver in the C Windows System drivers directory which is causing my problem but I don't know At this point I have done everything I could and I am open to any solutions offered by anyone here I ordered the Gateway Recovery Disks but the only issue is that if I restore Windows to factory settings I fear that my other partitions i e Linux will be removed and I don't want that Any help is appreciated Thanks

A:Windows 7 Home Premium does not reach login screen - reboot cycle

This is the primary reason why I'm glad dual-booting is dead/dying/etc. My suggestion would be to pick an OS to run native, and virtualize the other.

Anyway, to fix your problem..if you insist on dual-booting, it sounds like might just be better off doing a clean install of the Windows partition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/132222-windows-7-home-premium-does-not-reach-login-screen-reboot-cycle.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi Boot hang, XP screen reach won't logo black Error, as you can gather from the title I am having trouble booting up Windows XP I was browsing Facebook and followed a link to a band s myspace account and then the screen suddenly went black and the computer rebooted without turning off This has happened seemingly randomly in the past but I thought little of it The computer was then booting up as normal it got to the blinking underscore thing that it normally shows after showing the usual boot up info the screen went all black this normally happens IIRC Boot Error, black screen hang, won't reach XP logo and then it just Boot Error, black screen hang, won't reach XP logo freezes black Not responding to anything I looked in the BIOS and it seems to be finding all the hardware if I press F I can change the boot priority My brother put some diagnostic tools on a USB drive and ran a few HDD RAM and CPU tests no errors We used this or a Windows XP disc on USB to access the safe mode selection screen but this does nothing to change what happens with the boot error We also tried using the windows xp repair tool thing it hangs on the blue screen setup part and then BSODs when esc is pressed so as far as I can tell we have no access to the command line Computer Specs E Dual Core GHz GB RAM ASUS P K-E Samsung GB HDD not sure which model I m currently using and posting this thread with the puppylinux flash USB Operating System on the same computer it s the only way I can get it to do anything I m guessing the boot sector is messed up on the Hard Drive and I ll probably be ordering a new HD to come on wednesday Sorry about the wall of text I m just trying to provide as much information as possible Thanks for any help and if you need any more info just ask nbsp

Relevancy 86.86%

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone would be so kind to assist with a problem that suddenly started with my second computer (Dell Vostro 400)
Its running windows 7 home premium and all the sudden it now stops at the Dell bios version screen. It did this a couple times the lastfew days, but when I restarted it, it booted ok, but when I checked on it later then the computer was frozen again with a black screen.  I have borrowed another computer from work and swapped out the hard drive, and it works fine with the other computer (same hardware). So I dont think its the hard drive. Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Cheers

A:Dell Vostro 400 - freezes right away at Dell bios version screen

Oh, I should mention that I do hear one beep and then the Dell screen shows up and then freezes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518194/dell-vostro-400-freezes-right-away-at-dell-bios-version-screen/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hey everyone I did a bit of research and this seems to have been an issue for a while or has been in the past Was upgrading to windows I first had to restart my pc cause it was initially stuck on that preparing to install problem with the green bar being stuck around It then got through that and began the installation process with the big circle and rebooting process However around when I last looked at it it was just black screen this stayed this way for about - hours I then decided to reboot the pc and it has now booted to the login screen Is this a known (no screen just Black Screen to blank) but cursor of Doom Booted login bug or could there be a possible issue The problem seems a bit different Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank) as some people I saw have had to fall back on PC restore points etc So not sure if it installed or what could be the problem Also side note I upgraded my pc when windows first publically released but rolled back because I had about min shutdown times So not sure what is Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank) going on and any info would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank)

I never had a problem upgrading like you've experienced but I experiencing Windows 10 upgrading process is the longest time taken ever compared to previous versions. It took me 1 hour+ to finished.

Play around a little bit to get used to it then did a clean install. No problem arise, seems working fine.

The point is, problems always happen after upgrading, to solve it just perform installation from scratch (clean install).

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/37857-black-screen-doom-but-booted-login-screen-no-cursor-just-blank.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello originally my problem is that my internet browsers Internet explorer firefox can not display any kind of pages because of some kind of virus Also I had some kind of fake Microsoft Security Essentials MSE asking me to download more fake AV s onto my computer but I knew well enough that it was fake so I close it This also shows up in safe mode MSE block me from opening things such as iexplorer exe or sometimes it would say tskmanager is a virus and it wouldn t let me open anything So eventually I google this up and I read somewhere that told me to rename hotfix exe to hotfix exe when I run APPDATA so the annoying MSE would stop showing up It also told screen blue screen after KillGodzilla.exe login black Computer using displays me to update my Malwarebyte which I still can not do because I still do not have access to the Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe internet By Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe the way I am using another computer to type this So again I tried to do some more research to fix my internet problem and I found this site that told me to download KillGodzilla exe and run it and reboot my computer after that I should update my Malwarebyte but of course I can t do that because after the WINDOWS loading screen the blue log in screen doesn t show and displays a black screen which flickers sometimes after a few minutes it would restart my computer Also same thing for safe mode Does anyone know what is going on Did I screw up my computer to badly Do I need to reset my BIOS I am using Windows XP if that helps I also hav ESET smart security on my computer but I can t even open my computer right now Help is appreciated thanks

A:Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe

Anyone have any ideas at all? I waited a few days, and gave as much information as possible already, please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352162/computer-blue-login-screen-displays-black-screen-after-using-killgodzillaexe/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi I have an office desktop pc HP COMPAQ ELITE running -bit Windows I was manually running Windows update and manually updating some of my drivers when the pc suddenly turned itself off I turned it back on and now it doesn't get to the login screen anymore It just displays screen mouse movable cursor with Black appears screen login before a Black screen with movable mouse cursor before login screen appears black screen with a movable mouse cursor although I can't really click anything or even press any keys on the keyboard I tried loading into the recovery environment but it only gives me the option to restore my hard drive to factory settings which I don't want since I have lots of important files in it I've searched around the forums but I can't find a problem that is EXACTLY like mine By the way my pc is on a dual boot mode with an Ubuntu and that is how I'm able to access this forum right now The dual boot was set-up by the employee that I replaced so I have no idea how this is set-up Any help would be appreciated -Ron

A:Black screen with movable mouse cursor before login screen appears

Firstly, boot into the Linux operating system, and then create a backup of all important files and data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/300316-black-screen-movable-mouse-cursor-before-login-screen-appears.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi I would really appreciate any advice i've been trying to fix for four hours without any luck.

I have an Acer aspire 5732Z. I turn my laptop on and it shows the starting windows screen then just goes to a black screen with a cursor. I tried to do systems restore but it said that i did not have a system restore point. I cannot start in any safe mode.

I have all my pictures, uni work etc and im terrified i've lost it all. I've only had the laptop a year.

Any suggestion would be amazing

Thank you

A:Black screen after windows start up doesn't go to login screen

Hello seven11 and welcome to SevenForums!

I think this article will be fairly interesting to read.

Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7?

Carry on.
Frederik

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/196945-black-screen-after-windows-start-up-doesnt-go-login-screen.html
Relevancy 86%

The issue started a few hours ago when I was playing League of Legends specifically when the game has finished its loading and crashed to Desktop which is a common problem on my laptop As usual I would restart the game but before I could do that explorer exe Mouse Cursor Login before Screen Black of Death Screen with crashed my entire Desktop has turned to the familiar transparent whitish filter before the quot Explorer exe has crashed quot message popped out which was peculiar at the time because this is Black Screen of Death with Mouse Cursor before Login Screen the first time it had happened So I allowed the program to restart it didn't So I shut down via holding down the power button and rebooted the laptop It went into Startup Repair and did its automated repair so I let it repair while I did my stuff When I returned the repair had completed and it booted the laptop into the infamous Black Screen of Death with a movable mouse cursor This is right before I could log on to my user account and I decided to search for solutions initially on Google using an available PC Most of it didn't work for starters booting up to Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking and Last known Good Configuration brought me to the same movable mouse cursor with black screen combo Safe Mode with Command Prompt has the same problem and the Command Prompt does not appear After which I accessed the Repair menu with the F button right after the BIOS loads and tried every option First Repair Your Computer did not work as it couldn't find any problems after the first initial repair it did System Restore didn't not have any Restore Points which is strange because I do have several restore points prior to this issue happened I skipped the Memory option and used the Command Prompt to do a sfc exe scannow to detect any problems according to one solution I found but it gave the message telling me there is another repair job that requires my laptop to be restarted At first I did went back and did the sfc command no luck After all that I went to try the Ctrl Alt Del and starting explorer exe as a new process but the task manager does not appear Not in any bootable modes with the mouse cursor present At the moment I am out of ideas and solutions it really is starting to drive me against the wall because this laptop has a lot of information I need I do not have access to my backups or recovery disks as I'm currently overseas I hope I can hear from any users here about what to do My laptop Acer Aspire TimelineX TG Windows Home Edition x I do not have any USB devices connected to my laptop except for my mouse and that's about it I will try my best to add on more missing info if pointed out thank you very much

A:Black Screen of Death with Mouse Cursor before Login Screen

having the same problem here on my toshiba satellite L655-1je laptop. did everything srwalpha did but to no avail. hence, bumping this up for help pls...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/192503-black-screen-death-mouse-cursor-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi,

I updated my ATI HD 5770 drivers today, and rebooted. Afterwards, the login screen sound played, but nothing was visible.

I booted into safe mode and deleted the video drivers and attempted to install some working ones - the same issue occured (Windows Update).

Can anyone give me a hand in finding the correct drivers to install?

Windows 7 HP 64 Bit
ATI Radeon HD 5770

Cheers :)

A:Video card drivers - black screen on login screen

Resolved. I was a retard and didn't realize it was showing the desktop on my TV which was on a different display.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/video-card-drivers-black-screen-on-login-screen-676105.html
Relevancy 86%

Hello I ll go ahead and start from the very beginning Thanks in advance though for taking a look at my problem About a month ago my computer would give me a few problems while booting screen before Cant black Windows login boot, Solved: screen up I would start the computer it would run through BIOS run through the Windows loading screen and after that it would run the CHKDSK to make sure my disks are fine CHKDSK doesn t work it just freezes right before checking the disks so I restart and generally it will boot up Most of the time it would boot up perfectly but rarely would it go to the xp loading screen and then flicker as if it as Solved: Windows Cant boot, black screen before login screen going to go to the windows login screen but wouldn t The screen would just stay black and I d have to restart Solved: Windows Cant boot, black screen before login screen Next time generally it would work perfect So this brings me to the current day After the Solved: Windows Cant boot, black screen before login screen windows xp loading screen it goes black The computer is on but I don t see any activity for the HDD via the LED SO i go into safe mode i finally get CHKDSK to run I had to really mess with some stuff to get that working Windows says the volume is fine and the only way I can boot my PC is in safe mode but even that will freeze sometimes while loading some of the files Just to let you know I m running Raid and this is my first time running it I m not sure if this symptom is a common problem if one of the disks are going out Does anyone know whats going on Could it be a virus that messed with a boot ini or any startup stuff also is there anyway to remove problems within safe mode I tried removing anti-virus program thinking it might help but wont allow me nbsp

Relevancy 86%

Hi people, i've just registered to this forum to ask you about this, Since i've made a registry defrag with TuneUp Utilities (which probably has gone wrong), when i reset the computer, and I logon to my user, it shows a black screen, then back at the logon screen. If I do it again, the user doesn't show up anymore!
It happened three times already, i had to make new users, and i'm sick of it. Any ideas of what could it be?

A:Black screen after login for some seconds, then back at logon screen!

Welcome!

Yet another case of registry defraggers causing harm. In the future, you know now to stay far away from them.

I suggest a system restore to get to a point before TuneUp utilities. If that doesn't work, it will be time for a repair install.

Good luck!

~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/98727-black-screen-after-login-some-seconds-then-back-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 86%

Hey need some help yet again Yesterday I downloaded Mission Against Terror New MMOFPS and I downloaded it Upon updating with the patcher my laptop went haywire It started opening up random IE windows slow speed etc etc I did a whole memory scan and a malware adware spyware scan There were several viruses and whatnot but Login screen and BEFORE Screen 7 Windows Black logo/loading! AFTER what is important are the files SVC exe and exe you'll find it why later on The anti-virus said that it had fixed deleted everything So I restarted my laptop hoping that I'd get it up and running in safe mode for any further scans Unfortunately when I restarted it after the windows loading screen which is right before login screen a black screen appeared With nothing at all Not even a cursor BLACK JUST BLACK with NO keyboard access mouse access But that's expected since it's BEFORE the login screen It's the same with normal boot boot that does that quot last best used option quot or whatever safe mode with networking etc etc All the same Black screen Good thing I had Black Screen BEFORE Login screen and AFTER Windows 7 logo/loading! WIN XP on my other hard drive So I booted up into WIN XP where I'm posting this from and did a FULL NOT QUICK system scan to find the SAME Viruses YET AGAIN SVC exe and exe along with some other minor tracking cookies and what-not Win XP on second drive is also having a few problems like IE shutting down every second using firefox now Think this is a whole system prob But why Didn't the antivirus-es fix it I say quot es quot because I used SuperAntiSpyware Norton NOD Malware Bytes and AVG I've tried the system recovery thing F thing on boot screen NOT ON LOGIN SCREEN Remember I can't reach that but that doesn't work either So any suggestions Btw The windows PRO bit that's corrupted not starting is on C and Win XP is on D Attached is a log of my most recent scans Thanks in advance

A:Black Screen BEFORE Login screen and AFTER Windows 7 logo/loading!

Hi your problem can best be addressed in the security section of the forum
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-before-login-screen-and-after-windows-7-logo-loading-516244.html
Relevancy 86%

Thanks for all providing valuable suggestions in my previous thread Win boot Win login on screen before Black up, Install)? screen 7: (Clean Black screen on boot up before login screen As Win 7: Black screen on boot up, before login screen (Clean Install)? I am picking the clean install option for my resolution I am opening this new thread I reviewed the tutorials Macrium of this community I found Macrium Reflect Free Version July for download I downloaded installed above Macrium to working PC This version has an option to create Win 7: Black screen on boot up, before login screen (Clean Install)? Macrium Reflect rescue media on CD DVD or USB stick upon installing on working PC I created a rescue media USB I created complete HDD image of my unbootable Z before doing clean win install I am going to clean install Windows Home Premium bit using my OEM KEY I posted the OEM DISKMAP in my previous thread Post I find System d MB Windows OS c GB amp my Lenovo data e GB Lenovo says if I change the partition configuration it will make built-in Lenovo recovery unusable I like the idea of adopting infrequent system changes adding new programs etc and frequent data changes growing user documents in Win 7: Black screen on boot up, before login screen (Clean Install)? image backup strategy I mean taking system partition d c image back up as and when I add new programs and taking data partition e image backup periodically How do I re-structure my DISKMAP to have effective periodical image backup without disrupting built-in Lenovo recovery Are there any Windows disk partition recommendation guidelines Thanks for sharing helping

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/380263-win-7-black-screen-boot-up-before-login-screen-clean-install.html
Relevancy 85.57%

when i start my computer it doesnt show anything at all and then about 20 seconds later the login screen will pop up and everything works after that. it all started when i got my new graphics card and now i gotta plug my moniter into the card. and while its booting i can switch the moniter to the normal built in moniter plug thing. i think its vga ( its the blue one without the fancy pins) the graphics card is a visiontek radeon x1300 256mb pci. and im using windows xp professional. thanks

A:Solved: Boot Screen wont show goes straight to login screen.

You need to change the primary video card in the BIOS setup of the computer from the onboard video to PCI-Express/PEG and then you need to disable the integrated video. Your computer is still set to use the integrated video card as the primary card. Once you have it set correctly to the PCI-Express card then you shoudl always have the monitor connected to the new card and it shoudl display everything correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-boot-screen-wont-show-goes-straight-to-login-screen.825886/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi,

I cant get into my desktop. When i start my pc XP loads, and it starts the last known good configuration. I then seen the xp loading screen.

Next i should be able to see the login screen, however this is a blank black screen, the mouse is visible and i can move it around the screen, but i cant see anything to log into the desktop.

I dont know why this has happened, it was working last night. The only thing i can think of was my brother switched the power off as it was shutting down. The shut down had automatic updates running (i think) at the time the power switches were turned off.

How do i solve this so i can see the login screen and get into my pc?

Hope someone can help, cheers.

Paul

A:XP login screen wont show, blank screen and cant get to desktop?

Hello Paul

Boot into Safe Mode Options Screen (the one with Last Known Good Configuration on it) by pressing F8 at bootup and choose
'Safe mode with command prompt'

At the command prompt type
C:\Windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Hopefully this will open System Restore, so restore to before the problem started
http://bertk.mvps.org/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-login-screen-wont-show-blank-screen-and-cant-get-to-desktop-293457.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Apologies if this is in the wrong section I have a Dell Inspiron and the owner said that his son installed BearShare and it's been giving him complications He told me it sometimes freezes when he tries to start the computer and has to give it a hard shut down I hopefully removed BearShare with Malwarebytes and MSE yet I can't seem to find why it's not letting me boot up regularly It boots into safe mode fine and I can access everything from there but when I try to restart into regular mode it Black active screen, cursor before screen. login just hangs after 'Starting Windows' with a black screen and active mouse cursor I've tried various tutorials from searching quot black screen active cursor quot quot laptop frozen after starting windows quot etc but nothing that I try works After a few hours of research I keep seeing the reoccurring phrase 'shell' I believe it's not being loaded correctly or at all I've tried a fix by Prevx that said it would fix the black screen to no avail But here's the funny part Sometimes it boots to Windows fine and everything acts as it should There's been several times I was about to call the guy and tell him that the laptop is finished but I hesitated and restarted just to see if it was fully fixed Vid Dell - YouTube Let me know if I need to post further information -Dustin

A:Black screen, cursor active before login screen.

I would try some more scans to be sure
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
run some hardware tests
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
and when you can get it to boot
Disk Check
a system file check
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
and have a look through these handy tutorials
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot
Startup Repair
and if all else fails
Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271206-black-screen-cursor-active-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello I hope someone can help me out with my problem About the problem Yesterday I did a shutdown from the start menu and turned off my monitors however the computer did not shutdown and was still on after minutes so I just turned it off with the power button Today I started my computer it boots I get the instead Vista of boots black screen login to screen usual loading bar and then a black screen and not my welcome screen So I have tried the following to fix it I tried booting with last known configurations and got the same problem I tried booting in safe mode it loads for about minutes and then just stops loading I tested the memory with a memory test from Acer no Vista boots to black screen instead of login screen problems found I tried booting with a lower resolution get the same problem Just to see if its not a hardware problem I have booted a linux live cd and that worked I have an acer recovery menu but it wont let me recover to a previous point And I don't have a vista CD or recovery disk I think it was updating when I shut it down So i hope anyone has a solution for my problem if you need more information please ask and I'll answer Many thanks for reading and maby even replying to my problem Greets NiJor EDIT Somehow after waiting an hour doing nothing then rebooting into safemode worked There i could do a system restore and problem is solved

A:Vista boots to black screen instead of login screen

See if there is information on that PC on making recovery disks. I just used 2 dual layer DVD's to make recovery disks for a Compaq laptop.

Also, next time your machine boots to a completely black screen....let it stay there while it re-configures it's self. Don't be so impatient

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193975/vista-boots-to-black-screen-instead-of-login-screen/
Relevancy 85.14%

I'm having a weird problem. My laptop will show a black screen when booting. It seems no matter how long I wait, nothing happens. When I attach an external LCD to the laptop, it shows the Windows load or Windows resume graphics on the external monitor, but not on my laptop screen. As soon as the Desktop Screen with the Windows Login appears, it then appears on my laptop as well.

I also can't seem to get to safe mode. I push f8 and it never comes up I haven't installed any new software or hardware to cause this.
Any thoughts?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-is-black-until-windows-login-screen.560673/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hey First I posted this in the Win section but someone suggested that I post it here since it involves malware a virus So BEFORE Black 2008.exe) Login Screen and screen! (SVC2.exe here's the post from over there Yesterday I downloaded Mission Against Terror New MMOFPS and I downloaded it Upon updating with the patcher my laptop went haywire It started opening up random IE windows slow speed etc Black Screen BEFORE Login screen! (SVC2.exe and 2008.exe) etc I did a whole memory scan and a malware adware spyware scan There were several viruses and whatnot but what Black Screen BEFORE Login screen! (SVC2.exe and 2008.exe) is important are the files SVC exe and exe you'll find it why later on The anti-virus said that it had fixed deleted everything So I restarted my laptop hoping that I'd get it up and running in safe mode for any further scans Unfortunately when I restarted it after the windows loading screen which is right before login screen a black screen appeared With nothing at all Not even a cursor BLACK JUST Black Screen BEFORE Login screen! (SVC2.exe and 2008.exe) BLACK with NO keyboard access mouse access But that's expected since it's BEFORE the login screen It's the same with normal boot boot that does that quot last best used option quot or whatever safe mode with networking etc etc All the same Black screen Good thing I had WIN XP on my other hard drive So I booted up into WIN XP where I'm posting this from and did a FULL NOT QUICK system scan to find the SAME Viruses YET AGAIN SVC exe and exe along with some other minor tracking cookies and what-not Win XP on second drive is also having a few problems like IE shutting down every second using firefox now Think this is a whole system prob But why Didn't the antivirus-es fix it I say quot es quot because I used SuperAntiSpyware Norton NOD Malware Bytes and AVG I've tried the system recovery thing F thing on boot screen NOT ON LOGIN SCREEN Remember I can't reach that but that doesn't work either So any suggestions Btw The windows PRO bit that's corrupted not starting is on C and Win XP is on D Currently I am doing the GMER Rootkit scan I will attach that whenever it finishes As for my install disc I'm currently downloading Windows Pro bit ISO from MSDNN which I will then burn onto a dvd when download is completed Thanks in advance Here is my DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Helo at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes D WINDOWS system nvsvc exe D WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D WINDOWS explorer exe D Program Files ClamWin bin ClamTray exe D Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe D Program Files Prevx prevx exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc D WINDOWS system wscntfy exe D Program Files Prevx prevx exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter D Program Files MiPony MiPony exe D WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files gPotato AikaOnline AIKALauncher exe D Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe D WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe D Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe D Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe D Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe D Documents and Settings Helo Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google ca BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO SafeOnline BHO d - c- bd-b - e d ef - d windows system PxSecure dll BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - d program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SearchHelper dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - d program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - d program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - d program ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/black-screen-before-login-screen-svc2-exe-and-2008-exe-516283.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi all,

this is my very first forum post here, few people have recommended this site as a best W7 community on the internet.

I have problem with black screen(lag) between windows starting message and login screen, lag is about 10 seconds and its very annoying, here is the video so you can see the problem:

maybe this is normal? i have this install almost two years, i dont have to much programs, and i disabled almost all useless startup programs. I tried also disabling bootscan in my NOD32 antivirus but nothing changed.

Is there any solution for this? and can i post to you some logs or something?

Best regards

A:Black screen between Windows starting and login screen

It is Dell's factory install? Usually it is bloated up with some services and programs those are not needed. So you need to clean them up. Follow this guide:
Clean Up Factory Bloatware

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289689-black-screen-between-windows-starting-login-screen.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Alright today I hibernated my computer I usually hibernate left it for an hour and attempted to turn it back on now it loads fine but once it gets to the point where it should display the vista logo and then the log in screen the screen goes blank The hard Screen turns black screen login reaching before the disk light is blinking fast so fast it's almost just staying on and the wireless does its blinking patterns as Screen turns black before reaching the login screen if it's redying the wireless connection but the screen remains black I've tried safe mode same result Two screens same result I booted Ubuntu and it was fine so I'm using that now First of all any insight into how I should go about fixing this If not I have extremely important files on the hard drive is there any way you could recommend getting them back Thanks for any help I'd hate to have to take it in Screen turns black before reaching the login screen and risk the guys at the store deciding it's easier just to wipe the hard drive or something

A:Screen turns black before reaching the login screen

Are you using a Ubuntu Live CD, or are you dual booting?
If you're dual booting, you can access your ntfs partition from Ubuntu using steps listed on many many web sites: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...earch&aq=f&oq=
Some are easier than others.

As for fixing your Vista. I have reservations because in some of my steps Vista has this nasty habit of overwriting the master boot record with its own without warning you (making you unable to boot into ubuntu if you dual boot), so research some more, and proceed with caution. If you boot into the Vista DVD, I think you can click repair, and you have a bunch of options and it looks like this:
http://neosmart.net/wiki/download/at...eryOptions.png
I haven't tried them in a while so I can't really recall what each does.
You can try going back using a restore point. Be VERY cautious with "Startup Repair". I think that's the one that rewrites the master boot record. (if you really need to try it, research how you can backup the master boot record in ubuntu, then restore it if needed - usually a flash drive, a floppy, or a bootable CD may be needed - you most likely would be able to do it from the live cd if you know the steps though).
And if all else fails, do a repair install. Can't recall how it's done, but there are many sites dedicated to that topic. You can also ask around the forum about it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-turns-black-before-reaching-the-login-screen-319746.html
Relevancy 85.14%

While attempting to boot, Death before screen login Black during of Screen restore a previous backup of my system with Norton Ghost I got an error and the system rebooted Upon reboot I get the black screen of death with just the cursor instead of the usual login screen I have tried the following thus far These all give me the black screen of death with movable cursor boot in safe mode boot in safe mode with networking boot in safe mode with command prompt last known good configuration I did an Black Screen of Death during boot, before login screen initial system startup repair which went through and said it repaired it rebooted but no change I did a pre-boot diagnostic test - nothing memory test - nothing tried restoring from restore point but it says I don't have any LIES BLASPHEMY tried restoring from restore point on external disk - seemed okay then failed chkdsk - found some stuff fixed it no change tried ctrl alt del on black screen of death - nothing Now I know that the hard drive itself is alright that is the information is still all there still While I can't give you exact specs I can tell you that I am on a Dell Studio XPS running Win home premium bit I'm at a loss as to what else to do Despite being a black screen with just a movable cursor the system still appears to be running as every few minutes it will show the quot thinking quot cursor where it shows the little circle next to the arrow If anyone has any tips or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated hugs and kisses Amplitude

A:Black Screen of Death during boot, before login screen

hi,

Known issue some users have it others don't did you try Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7? or this mentions a "black screen of death" fix but i would be verry carefull running executable files from unknown sources

Windows 7 Black Screen Of Death Fix

also this http://www.everything-microsoft.com/2009/12/01/windows-7-bsod-black-screen-of-death-freeze-and-potential-fix/

but it also points to external sources microsoft should fix the issue or that *.exe should be authenticode signed so you have a way to verify it's trustworthy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219955-black-screen-death-during-boot-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello. Recently had a virus and have been going through the steps here on bleeping computer to help get rid of it. The last thing I was told to do was run the farbar scan tool and to copy and paste a code and hit fix. Upon doing so the computer prompted for a restart. It now won't get to the log in screen. I've tried booting in safe mode and I've also tried last known working configuration as suggested and nothing has worked unfortunately. I was told to come here. Hopefully something can be done. Thanks a ton.

A:Windows won't get to login screen, black screen and cursor

Tap F8 at boot and select Repair Computer from the Advanced Boot Options. Do a System Restore to a date just before the problem. 

You cannot do the above and if you have another Windows 7 computer create a System Repair Disk. Boot and try a System Restore to a date just before the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617825/windows-wont-get-to-login-screen-black-screen-and-cursor/
Relevancy 85.14%

So I've hit this issue where I am welcomed with a black screen which is supposed to be my login screen It boots up but what would look like the login screen is simply black When moving the mouse the cursor would emerge whilst changing from pointing to loading cursor animations The wifi icon from the lock screen seems to flicker sometimes but that's pretty much it nothing could be done from my end I've tried resetting restoring from the advanced boot options triggered by constantly interrupting the bootup process but it's telling me it cannot be login Black Windows to prior screen 8.1 screen done since the location of the OS is not quot unlocked quot Safe mode with networking command prompt gives me the same result Unfortunately I do not have a system restore point nor a system image to use The command Windows 8.1 Black screen prior to login screen prompt from within the repair does not let me use sfc scannow too Brief history of what happened beforehand I installed the Uxtheme patcher to enable third-party themes then before rebooting installed an application called StartIsBack After rebooting it seemed fine and I changed my mind and decided to uninstall StartIsBack It turns out the aforementioned program brings a cavalry of bloatware before you could uninstall it After I got rid of the extra software it came with I proceeded to delete each part of StartIsBack from its respective directories but it wouldn't let me delete its core StartIsBack dll because it is running in the background There is no sign of it as well within the task manager So I had to boot to Safe mode to manually delete it and finally getting rid of it After rebooting normally the explorer exe didn't open upon start-up Opening it manually by launching it from the Task Manager doesn't work either so I decided to try and use SFC scannow to try and fix the problem It reported that it wasn't not able to fix some of the errors found and changes will take place after the next reboot After rebooting I am greeted with the black screen issue tl dr is there a possible solution to this without having to format my os partition and or installing a new one If I really have to is it possible to just delete C and perhaps install Windows over it My media files are in D

A:Windows 8.1 Black screen prior to login screen

Try this tutorial: Repair Install Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/64442-windows-8-1-black-screen-prior-login-screen.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi People I have been a member of this forum and most often I have found a solution by just searching but today I have a problem which I have not been able to find a solution for therefore I am listing my problem I have Windows installed on a desktop since months now it was working fine till yesterday evening but don't know what happened it was loading windows Basically what is happening is that it is booting fine then the windows logo comes and after that of Screen instead Black Screen Login Mouse Pointer with I get a black screen with mouse cursor whereas it was supposed Black Screen with Mouse Pointer instead of Login Screen to have the login screen Now I had this same problem months back with the same computer but then I was unable to solve it using the MBR repair commands and so I formatted the drive C of my computer then Now I am determined not to format the DRIVE C so Black Screen with Mouse Pointer instead of Login Screen I went to the command prompt using system repair tools from the DVD and went into DISKPART When I selected disk which is the only disk installed and entered detail disk this is what I got Disk ID SOmething Type ATA Status Online PAth Target LUN ID Location Path Something Current Readonly State No Read Only No Boot Disk No Pagefile Disk No Hibernation File Disk No Crash Dump Disk No Clustered Disk No ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Volume Ltr Label FS Type Size Status Volume C System Rese NTFS Partition MB Healthy Volume D NTFS Partition GB Healthy Volume E NTFS Partition GB Healthy Volume F NTFS Partition GB Healthy Now I found that the system reserved partition has somehow claimed Drive Letter C after maybe a power failure Now I think the problem would be solved if I could somehow remove C letter from the System Reserved partition and assign it back to Volume I later on checked on the recovery files that in my computer the DRIVE C is the actual system reserved partition which is supposed to be hidden and DRIVE D is the one which holds the actual windows installation I have also the information on VOLUME when I selected DISK and then selected VOLUME and entered detail volume I got the following result Readonly No Hidden No No Default Drive letter No Shadow Copy No Offline No Bitlocker Encrypted No Installable No Now I changed the attributes and to Yes think it would solve my problem but it didn't I would also like to know why this has happened I think this is due to power failure but why is the system reserved partition showing as C Please help I have tried to search and fix the MBR as well but to no avail I don't want to format my PC again I have managed to remove the drive letter of the system reserved partition and assign letter C to the D drive But then I got a message on rebooting BOOTMGR missing press CTRL ALT DEL Then again I have tried to repair the bootmgr by BOOTREC fixboot this removed the BOOTMGR missing error but got me back to where I started that is a BLACK screen after windows logo I am still not able to get the LOGIN SCREEN don't know why Please help

A:Black Screen with Mouse Pointer instead of Login Screen

Have you tried Startup Repair from the Win7 installation DVD?
Have you tried System Restore to a point in time before these errors occurred?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/110305-black-screen-mouse-pointer-instead-login-screen.html
Relevancy 85.14%

My son has a Toshiba Satelite P that he just upgraded from Windows XP Home Premium to Windows -bit After to screen after upgrade login/welcome 7 goes before screen System black Win 32-bit the upgrade completed the computer booted fine The within minutes he got the BSOD and the system rebooted Now he can t get Windows to fully start We ve tried all of the options from F with no success We have the Toshiba System Recovery Disk but it won t launch The Boot sequence has been changed to boot from CD DVD and then the Hard Drive The Memory Diagnostic from the Windows disk ran fine with no errors I m thinking I might need to re-format wipe the drive to start fresh but don t know where to obtain System goes to black screen before login/welcome screen after Win 7 32-bit upgrade a boot CD no floppy drive on this laptop Does anyone recommend a software that I can purchase to clear everything without destroying the CD DVD accessibility so I can then use the System Recovery Disk to put it back to the original factory Settings

A:System goes to black screen before login/welcome screen after Win 7 32-bit upgrade

Toshiba, usually pressing F12 when the Toshiba Logo appears will get you to the Boot device menu. If not then,
Go here https://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/pubLogin.jsp Choose the Download Tab, No Login required, That is for the Forums.

Download the user manual and see how to get to the boot from CD/DVD drive.

The Drivers tab will show the Toshiba drivers. They are needed for Windows 7, If no drivers for WIn7, Then don't, as getting all that are needed will be a royal pain.

I've even seen certain model of Toshiba that have a XP Bios and a different bios for Vista.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467252/system-goes-to-black-screen-before-loginwelcome-screen-after-win-7-32-bit-upgrade/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello I was successfully using my PC for the entirety of this morning After bumping my desk the machine shut off as it sometimes does when a cable is loose When the machine restarted it allowed me to login and then showed me only a black screen and cursor Ctrl alt del was functional I tried system restore and system repair both of which completed but did not have any effect I was able to access Windows via safe mode I removed my GPU Upon Black Blue Login into Screen Evolved Screen and connected my monitor to my motherboard The situation did not change I attempted to boot without my main drive SSD by disconnecting it and turning the PC on Instead of a login screen I am now greeted by a flash of a BSOD before the system restarts After running a couple rounds of startup repair Windows has declared it cannot resolve the issue Any guidance will be warmly appreciated Thank you Edit after restarting once more my bios prompted for a Black Screen Upon Login Evolved into Blue Screen boot device and I was able to reach the login screen I am now back at my original black screen problem

A:Black Screen Upon Login Evolved into Blue Screen

Can you boot into Safe Mode at the moment? if so, follow this:

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/360512-black-screen-upon-login-evolved-into-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Background A start won't black up, before login screen Vista screen. week ago on vacation I opened my HP Pavilion dv - cl a laptop Vista won't start up, black screen before login screen. running Vista Home Premium SP and suddenly green and black lines began forming Vista won't start up, black screen before login screen. across its screen I was later told this was a pressure crack although that is not what I m posting about Freaked out that day I turned the computer off and on several times using only the power button once foolishly interrupting a quot Startup Repair quot process Problem When I got home I hooked up the laptop to my TV so I could see what was going on After attempting to turn it on many times I eventually got the BSOD with a STOP x c f error I couldn t access the Recovery Module even to backup or Safe Mode Going into personally uncharted territory I booted from a Linux System Rescue CD to delete the TxfLog file that was apparently the cause of the problem I no longer get the BSOD I get a black screen KSOD sometimes w mouse sometimes w o after the quot yellow bar quot loading screen I still can t get into Safe Mode but I was able to use a Vista repair CD I downloaded to finally backup onto an external hard drive What I ve Done So Far I ve run chkdsk checked the memory and hard disk from BIOS options and run Startup repair I did the kind of Windows backup where everything goes to one file I d prefer not to start from scratch if I can avoid it Thanks so much for any and all help guys I appreciate it a lot Charlie

A:Vista won't start up, black screen before login screen.

I couldn't access the Recovery Module...Do you have a Recovery CD, Windows Vista CD, or Recovery Drive (partition)?What happened when you tried to access it?------------------------------------------------------------You said that you were able to backup onto an external harddrive, so important data is safe.The best option right now would probably be to re-format.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413304/vista-wont-start-up-black-screen-before-login-screen/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi every body
I have a Vostro 5459 with 1366*768 anti glare screen : is it possible to change my laptop screen with a Full HD display or not?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981945
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi nbsp My Dell Vostro rebooted after installing the latest updates for Windows but when it restarted it showed flashing buttons on the keyboard and then only a black screen with a slow continuous beep The beep sounds once every three seconds and just keeps repeating continuously After googling for a while I found the advice to remove the battery unplug the laptop hold the power button down for sec then plug in the power again and try to reboot nbsp This Vostro won't - start screen black plus beeping continuous initially worked But I decided to try and figure out what had caused the Vostro won't start - black screen plus continuous beeping problem by rebooting again with the battery removed nbsp The same error occurred but this time I couldn t get it to boot by doing the process described above Every time I tried to reboot it Vostro won't start - black screen plus continuous beeping showed the flashing three buttons on the keyboard Vostro won't start - black screen plus continuous beeping then a black screen with a continuous beep I do hear the fan startup and it sounds like the harddrive starts working nbsp Some more googling and I learned you could start ePSA diagnostics by holding down the function key while pressing the power button to start the laptop So I did this and the screen started up and showed the Dell loading screen It then ran the ePSA diagnostics but that showed that everything was ok After ePSA the only option is to reboot so I did that and again the same problem black screen with beeping So I rebooted again holding down the function key and when the Dell screen was shown and I was able to press F and go into the boot options After looking at the bios I chose to close the bios and continue booting and windows loaded ok nbsp I m a bit scared to try rebooting again But I would like to figure out what the problem is Any suggestions on what tests I can run I don t understand why the Dell screen shows when I hold down the function key and press power but it the screen doesn t even turn on if I press the power button on its own nbsp Could it be a bios setting or the harddrive Any suggestions would be most welcome ThanksB

A:Vostro won't start - black screen plus continuous beeping

Hi MadCatLady,
Thank you for reaching out to Dell Community Forum.
How many beeps do you hear? Is it one beep every three seconds or more?
Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.
Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997270
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi people,

I have a problem with my sisters Dell Vostro 1500 laptop which is 2 years old which she is hoping i can get fixed for her!

When the laptop is started up the screen is very dull and dark. The brightness keys do nothing when pressed.

When i plug the external monitor in to the VGA port the output can be shown on the extenal monitor but not on the laptop screen even by pressing Function key + F8 to toggle displays.

The laptop graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS. I have tried replacing the driver however this has made no difference.

Has anyone any experiance of this problem or a problem like it. Could it be that the screen has died?

Thanks

David

A:Dell Vostro - Dull/Very Dark Screen

anyone got any ideas????? Its also installed with Windows XP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-vostro-dull-very-dark-screen.949789/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi all got a dell vostro 1015 and when I turn it on I can see load up screen and log in screen etc but screen is all pink with lines on right hand side ... is this screen problem graphics card or inverter .. thanks in advance

A:Dell Vostro screen all pink with lines

Could be an issue with either.

Try moving the screen back and forth, and gently bending the screen (especially near where it connects to the base). And, connect it up to an external monitor to test. Let us know what happens in each case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-vostro-screen-all-pink-with-lines.187442/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi,

I'm in the process of replacing the screen on my old Dell Vostro 1400. However, as I would like to buy it used (for obvious reasons) it's hard to find the exact part number I want at the right price so I was wondering which part numbers would be a good replacement the part number on my current screen is LTN141W1-L09 (Dell Part Number: 0DM110). Firstly, I was wondering what the part after the hyphen meant in the model Number. Also, can I replace this screen with one with a lower resolution or different aspect ratio?

I've also noticed that latitude D600 series shares a lot of hardware with the Vostro 1400 would any screen from there be compatible?

Thanks for reading

A:Replacing Screen On Dell Vostro 1400

I would think that when you replace a screen it should be the exact same one as the original. you might find what you need on ebay as im sure someone might be selling one for parts or repair only.ive never replaced screens yet in my laptops because by the time they have gone bad it was more to fix it than the computer was worth.you might also check with a computer repair place they might have what you are looking for or tell you where to find the correct screen for that model.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacing-screen-on-dell-vostro-1400.1074421/
Relevancy 83.85%

So i was trying to extend my system partition using easeus partition manager and on restarting a black screen with movable cursor is there, no login screen. To clarify i can't access the task manager (no response) and same thing happens in safe mode.
I didn't have the windows 7 installation disc as i got this Windows pre-installed from laptop manufacturer so i used my win 10 installation disc to try and repair it. Startup repair couldn't fix anything chkdsk found nothing sfc scannow using offbootdir and offwindir did nothing. I don't have any restore points which i don't why happened because i just installed a win 7 update which created a restore point? Please suggest any solution short of repair install.

Ps i don't get last known good configuration option on boot menu only safe mode so don't suggest that
Thanks for your replies

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/395567-black-screen-death-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 83.85%

This morning i installed the software for pinacale's usb tv tuner on my laptop. I was requried to reboot after the installation process completed. I got to the logon screen, logged in, and all i got was a black screen with a cursor, i then let the computer sit for 15 minutes my screen saver came on, but when i wiggled the mouse still only the curser so i hit ctrl+alt+del= nothing pressed the power button, agian nothing, pressed and help the power button for 6 seconds, the machine turned off, i let it sit for 30 seconds, turrned it back on and now it just goes straight to the black screen with a cursor. I have tried booting it in safe mode, safe mode with netwrork support, and safe mode with a command propmt all resulted in the same thing... black screen with a cursor, and after 15 minutes the screen saver comes on...............???????????????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-cursor-before-login-screen.621080/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello folks I am not new to bleepingcomputers yes I am sometimes as guest in the background snatching some info and ideas However today I am coming as patient First of all I have to thank you geeks if allowed to name you like this for your dedication of helping people Throughout the web you are an incredible source for fighting that plaque that take often our time and sometime even more away Now to my case Some day ago my computer started with some strange behaviour Black Blue Screen) login (NOT after Screen like this some windows popped up telling me some drive letter is not supported etc the internet explorer started to do Black Screen (NOT Blue Screen) after login some strange things I do not remember what ahh and my Toshiba power saver started doing rubbish not accepting changes My antivirus was not up-to-date and I started to install new antivirus Vipre and a collection of malware scanners Whatever has found my PC as his new nest was not amused about this and responded with interfering in to the boot procedure When starting my PC Window Start screen appears normal After selecting the user login Black Screen (NOT Blue Screen) after login user desktop appears nicely still OK - gt the quick-start icons in Black Screen (NOT Blue Screen) after login the right corner start to pop up one by one - gt but in the middle after seconds black screen appears and nothing goes anymore So I started in save mode and run the scanners who discovered a truckload of Trojan and some root kit crap I cleaned up but windows does not start up anymore same behaviour as described above In the malware found were some items like buouf exe and eqhff exe I can start the PC only via F - gt last version that works I looked for buouf exe and eqhff exe found them killed them but there is possibly somewhere somthing left Now I am getting some uss q s exe error window and when connecting to the internet all seconds an ad window is opening So my first aid skills are exhausted and I have to call the ambulance Thank s in advace for the quot Doctor quot andyman

A:Black Screen (NOT Blue Screen) after login

Sorry, I forgot some more symptomes. I found in the scheduled task folder numerous tasks. After deleting them all they just build up again. Also I have to correct: the error thayt appeared is referenced to a file called ouss8q8r.exe. Furthermore, suddenly the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Icon changed (the Malwarebytes icon has been replaced by an ordinary exe icon).The system is Windows XP Home SP3.Thanksandyman

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344232/black-screen-not-blue-screen-after-login/
Relevancy 83.85%

Win Black screen on boot up before login screen I find some interesting posting in this forum Thanks for keeping this forum to help windows community I like to pick up the brain of this forum to resolved the black screen issue I am not sure whether it caused by virus I use Microsoft Security Essentials I am not able to run this in command prompt I started my laptop this morning amp login screen showed up Once I entered my login credentials I heard the sound that usually plays once a login is successful but I ended up with a black screen After this occurred I had to hold down the power button to manually shut down the computer Once I started it up again I was prompted to do a system repair which eventually ended up with all successful outcomes but login up, Win on Black boot 7: before screen? screen I now have a black screen with a cursor before the login screen now I have no idea what caused this to happen My laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad Model Z GB HD GB RAM I am not able to get into safe mode or any other mode which all leads to a black screen described above Only able to use the quot Repair Your computer quot tools after pressing F during booting Under regular user login it provided Start Repair option AS I pick Win 7: Black screen on boot up, before login screen? this option it did not find any issues Under Admin user login it provided system recovery options It is not picking up the recovery point created a while ago Windows Memory Diagnostics is not launching and shows a black screen without cursor I am able to get into command prompt I tried the following there I am not able to run cmd as admin I reviewed the past posting of this forum on this subject Windows boots to an unresponsive black screen with mouse cursor System File Checker Run sfc scannow amp analyze its logs in Windows Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker SFC exe program generates in Windows Vista Force SFC to Run in Windows Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them SFC SCANNOW showed up quot Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service I did quot net start trustedinstaller quot quot Windows Resource Protection detected pending repair restart the computer quot I ran repair options using sfc scannow offbootdir x offwindir D windows and got quot Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them quot I did findstr c quot SR quot windir logs cbs cbs Win 7: Black screen on boot up, before login screen? log gt sfcdetails txt I am not able to find any SR tags in sfcdetails txt This file is empty It is puzzling me Thanks for helping

A:Win 7: Black screen on boot up, before login screen?

From sfc /scannow command your windows is assigned D in recovery environment and perhaps %windir% is not recognized, so try the command:

Code:
findstr /c:"[SR]" D:\windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/377395-win-7-black-screen-boot-up-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi,

Due to a power cut earlier my PC naturally shut off the way you would if you switched it off at the plug.

It brought me into the windows error recovery screen and loaded until I reached the login screen.
Upon saying "Please wait" my screen begun to flash black rapidly and wouldn't load. The monitor wasn't going off or anything, the screen was just blinking.

It still does this every time I reboot my computer, so I can't log in at all.
It also does this in all safe modes so that is out of the question too.

Anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385514-screen-flashing-black-login-screen.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi,

I am running Windows XP Professional Edition SP3 and the issue is on startup after the Windows loading animation the screen goes totally black with no cursor in sight.

This happened after a power cut when the computer suddenly shut down.

I can run it in safe mode.

I can run another Windows XP Professional installation that I have on my PC (same HDD) and that works with no issues.

I used system restore (24 hours) and it starts up after that, but then after restarting it will not work. Same applies for when I did a system restore from 1 week ago.

All help is appreciated!

Sam.

A:Black Screen on Startup (Before Login Screen)

Any thoughts before I go and format the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-on-startup-before-login-screen.1014355/
Relevancy 83.85%

I've got a fresh install of Vista x64, and when I install the Geforce drivers I'm not able to boot Windows normally. The green loading bar runs fine, but when it's over I don't get to see the login screen - it's just black. I have to enter into safe mode (which works) and uninstall the graphics driver.

The exact same thing is true for Windows XP 64-bit. But on WinXP the driver installation program caused huge lag also: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=71101

Help?

Graphics: XFX 8800 GTX
Mainboard: Asus Striker II Extreme

EDIT: Bootlog attached.

A:Black screen instead of login screen in XP AND Vista

I ran chkdsk and tried an older Nvidia driver, with no success...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-instead-of-login-screen-in-xp-and-vista.107491/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi everybody I'm kinda desperate with that problem i hope you can help me I installed Win Pro everything fine i installed some programs and the latest drivers from Nvidia i ran windows update so i rebooted bios screen was right and then it appeared the win screen with the window and the circle looping and right after that login GTX Pro screen 550 Black in Windows Screen 8 32. while i had to be in the login screen i just get a black but stuttering screen where i only can see the mouse pointer I restart in safe mode uninstall the Ti then i can reboot whithout problem Win detects the card and autoinstall the latest drivers and eveything is fine again and i'm able to play whatever i want until i have to reboot or shutdown again I need to uninstall the card from the device manager everytime i reboot if i want to have the chance of login again Apart from this everything runs fine So it Black Screen in login screen Windows 8 Pro 32. GTX 550 looks like the card works right but there is a problem with the quot welcome quot and login screen It's weird and frustrating and i would appreciate any help

A:Black Screen in login screen Windows 8 Pro 32. GTX 550

The BIOS on your system dates from 2007. I'd have to wonder if this system is compatible with Windows 8

Many of your storage controller drivers date from 2008 and earlier - I'd have to wonder about those that are involved in any crashes, but there are no memory dump files to examine.

Lot's of errors about services not starting and Windows Updates not installing - but I don't speak Spanish so I can't be sure about the details. I must ask if this is a legal copy of Windows - as illegal copies have many of these same symptoms - and fixing them isn't something that we can do here.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/16362-black-screen-login-screen-windows-8-pro-32-gtx-550-a.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi, I have recently installed windows updates and after restart the black screen occurred after I typed my password. About five days before that I have reinstalled my Mobile Intel 4 series driver and now in Device manager it shows 3 grayed out monitors which were installed when I have reinstalled the Video driver. The monitor driver that Is currently loaded was installed when I installed the OS itself. Is it safe to remove the grayed out drivers and will this fix my problem?

Thanks!

A:Black screen with cursor after Login screen.

Hi werty,
if you delete them after you press check for hardware changes will they reappear?
if so uninstall them hard then reboot your PC you might wanna create a restore point first in case some thing wrong happens, refer to this link if you dont know how:Create a restore point

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/50029-black-screen-cursor-after-login-screen.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I've got a problem with my Win install I recently bought a of instead screen + cursor screen login Black copy of Win Pro amp installed the -bit version as I intend to get more ram at some point fairly soon I installed it last weekend amp for a few days it's been running fine Then days ago when I start it up instead of Black screen + cursor instead of login screen a login screen all I have is a black screen with a cursor if I wait until the screensaver kicks in amp then move the mouse or press a key etc then I can see the login screen amp log in with no problems if I wait until the HD activity finishes amp then type in my password I can Black screen + cursor instead of login screen login fine Safe mode starts fine amp if I log in to normal mode then everything runs fine amp I don't get any other black screens At no point am I getting any errors I've run my usual AV Avira free version amp MalwareBytes Antimalware amp neither of them have come up with any issues Windows seems to be booting up fine until it gets to the login screen after the Black screen + cursor instead of login screen swirly windows screen amp it's obviously doing something as there's a normal amount of HD activity I've tried the Startup repair on the install disk to no avail I've tried post from this thread but things went a bit pear-shaped around the quot taking ownership quot bit though I've not had any errors afterwards I've tried enabling the OEM default background registry edit since it seemed straight forward enough to no avail I've even tried changing the background colours via the registry switch Hkey users default control panel colours Background from black to white The login screen is still there since I can enter my password amp get into windows it's just black on black on black which is somewhat annoying So I'm stumped since the vast majority of what google returns for combinations of quot win login screen black quot are issues where Windows goes black after loging in which isn't my problem I've also uploaded my ntbtlog though nothing really jumped out to my non-professional I'm an accountant amp probably know just enough to really screw up windows eyes Any ideas Or am I going to have to re-install windows a mere days after installing it for the first time though at least I do have everything I'd need to install afterwards saved And finally amp probably unrelated I seem to have mislaid the Search button thing on the start menu Any help with the blakc login screen would be much appreciated

A:Black screen + cursor instead of login screen

Avira, no idea why it's showing as AVG, I've not had that installed in several years (& several re-installs including a reformat)...

Edit: Though googling avgntflt.sys says that it's part of Avira.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/162802-black-screen-cursor-instead-login-screen.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium.

As I brought my computer out of sleep mode the computer had crashed with the screen showing vertical, multicolored lines that vaguely resembled gray.

I had to hard restart my computer and after the splash screen, the login screen with all the users never appears, nor does my cursor.

Nothing is on my screen except a faint glow indicating that it's active.

Could anyone help me solve this problem? I've searched on Google but all the results have something to do with the cursor displaying.

I've already tried doing a System Restore and Startup Repair.

Currently posting from Safe Mode w/ Networking.

A:Black screen before login screen, no cursor

Update: Will start in normal mode after I switched drivers to Standard VGA, however updating the driver caused it to not work again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/262942-black-screen-before-login-screen-no-cursor.html
Relevancy 83.42%

hi my laptop screen is set to turn off after 5 mins, when it does i cannot wake it, no matter what buttons i push or using my mouse. this black screen also happens when i restart my computer, it logs me off the the screen goes black and computer power lights are still on and it does nothing HELP! haha thanks

Nathan

A:laptop screen goes black when i restart, and screen wont wake up after it turns off

Boot the computer and press F8 in the Advanced Boot menu choose Last Known Good Configuration.
What is the make and model# of the computer? Go to the manufactures support/download drivers site and download the Chipset and the Video driver for the computer.
Go to Start/Search and type powercfg.cpl. Right click the powercfg results and Run As Administrator. Click Change Plan Settings/change Advanced power settings. Reset your power settings to your liking.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-screen-goes-black-when-i-restart-and-screen-wont-wake-up-after-it-turns-off-698507.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hp notebook computer wont startup past the hp screen. It shows a black screen then goes back to hp screen. I did the hard reset, it didn't work. I did the test and all of them said passed. It started doing this when i was reseting it and it dropped on the floor. The battery and the hard drive fell out. When i turned it back on, it wasnt working. I dont know what is wrong with it....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Wont-boot-up-past-hp-screen-shows-black-empty-screen/td-p/5609776
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a Dell Vostro running Windows XP If I leave my screen Vostro resolution 1000 problem Dell laptop running and shut the laptop lid and leave it for a while when I open it back up the screen resolution has changed Everything is very large and you can t see the whole screen at Dell Vostro 1000 screen resolution problem one time But when I Dell Vostro 1000 screen resolution problem go to the display properties screen and check the screen resolution settings Dell Vostro 1000 screen resolution problem the actual bar setting has not moved to a new setting I have to move it to a new setting let it go there then move it back to the original postion and reset it to get it back to my original resolution setting The original setting is X The only way I have been able to kind of work around this was to go to display properties chose screen saver then power scheme then the advanced button then in the box where you instuct it on what to do when you close the lid tell it to go to standby It then does not change the resolution when i close the lid but it also interupts the wireless connection so no emails are loaded while the lid is closed and it is in standby mode I then have to wait evertime I open the lid for it to crank up my wireless connection and then wait for it to load any new emails that have come in since I closed the lid Any ideas anyone

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451108/dell-vostro-1000-screen-resolution-problem/
Relevancy 83.42%

Dell Vostro A Celeron ghz gb RAM Windows Vista Home Basic As soon as I install the battery the screen with flash gray very quickly then be black for about a second then will display a gray screen lighter gray to the right and darker to the left sometimes it flickers a good bit This is before I press any buttons to try to start the computer And once the screen is gray the computer will not respond to the on off button computer will not start It makes no difference if the power A860 screen Vostro *before* Gray Dell - boot cord is plugged in or not If I remove the battery and insert the power cord the screen will also flash gray very quickly the battery light will be lit for about second and then the screen will go gray same as before And as before computer will not start No fans run nothing but a gray screen But I found out if I hit the power button after that first flash and while the screen is black the computer will start like normal I m writing this from the computer If I shut down Gray screen *before* boot - Dell Vostro A860 the computer as soon as it is shut down fans are off the gray screen returns and the computer is no longer responsive While the computer is running the display seems fine no troubles It s a slow old computer but seems to work fine otherwise I think someone replaced the display a couple months ago along with the keyboard and DVD drive The charger AC adapter was replaced about a week ago with a chinese cheapo Any chance that charger could have done something internal Right Gray screen *before* boot - Dell Vostro A860 now I am using a genuine Dell AC adapter and all of the above are happening with this Dell charger also While the computer is running it seems like the battery is charging but I m pretty sure it does not charge otherwise Anybody have an idea what the problem could be Thanks Eric nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gray-screen-before-boot-dell-vostro-a860.1066752/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi this is my first post so please excuse me if I don't get the protocol correct. I am trying to help my son, who is a university student, with a problem he has with his laptop. It is a Dell Vostro 1500 running Windows Vista Business Edition (32 bit). He runs McAfee Internet Security 2008 which is up to date. Since last week he has been experiencing frequent blue screens which are now occurring when he logs in to Windows. Basically his laptop will only run in safe mode. When looking at the event viewer we see lots of entries for 'DCOM 10005 error 1084 attempting to start the service McNASvc with arguments'.

I was hoping someone could help by advising if this error is likely to be the cause of the blue screens and if so what the likely underlying cause and solution might be. Is it likely to be a malware problem?

Kind Regards John

A:Blue screen on Dell Vostro running Vista 32 Bit

attempting to start the service McNASvc with arguments'.Can he stay logged in long enough to prep for a HJT log? At least step 6-------------------------------------Please read the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log". If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next. In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running DDS which will create a Pseudo HJT Report as part of its log.When you have done that, post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the HJT Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day. Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. An expert will analyze your log and reply with instructions advising you what to fix. After doing this, we would appreciate if you post a link to your log back here so we know that your getting help from the HJT Team.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/210513/blue-screen-on-dell-vostro-running-vista-32-bit/
Relevancy 82.99%

My friend has a dell inspiron laptop which came with windows 8 in it. he has recently updated it to Windows 8.1 and  after restarting it , then onwards problem started where in only black screen appears. Cursor shows up after waiting a long long time,
but waiting even for hours for windows logo it never showed up. Please tell me some solution

He does not have any recovery discs, no windows os file. Now tell me a solution without these things needed.
Model: inspiron 15R7520

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8ba4a5ff-304a-482e-9374-ead326a38448/display-just-shows-black-screen-after-showing-the-dell-logo-screen?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi,

I've been working on a dell inspiron 1525 today and cant figure what is causing this problem.

The laptop boots, displays the post screen, and then the screen goes black.
You can boot into BIOS,
You can boot into the Boot menu.

You cannot boot into safe mode, the f8 key does nothing,
when using the boot menu, u can't boot into a windows disc to reload the operating system, it just goes black.
I did however manage to boot into a linux cd i have and run a HDD test (what passed) and a memory test (what also passed).

It does exactly the same on an external monitor aswell so I am lost with this one.

Any ideas would be appreciated

A:[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 1525 - Screen goes black after POST screen?

Which OS is on the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-dell-inspiron-1525-screen-goes-black-after-post-screen-642561.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey!

My Dell Inspiron 1100 is over 6 years old at this point, quite the dinosaur. However, I still have a bit of old data I would love to remove before it really bites the dust.

When I boot up the machine, usually the display is clear and bright. However, after no more than a minute the screen goes black and only a faint outline of the desktop remains. What is the problem and what do I need to do to solve it?

Thanks!

A:Dell Inspiron 1100 screen goes black 30 secs after booting up, faint screen outline

Hi

backlights or invertor board is failing (failed).

If there is an external monitor socket on it use a monitor to see the screen and then you can backup your data.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1100-screen-goes-black-30-secs-after-booting-up-faint-screen-outline.147047/
Relevancy 82.13%

I have a Vostro 400. It halts on the Dell black and white splash screen (F2 and F12 in the upper right corner). Pressing the F2 or F12 keys have no effect. This last time (today) that it happened, I let it sit powered up and it is now on a black/white screen that says Windows is loading files and appears to have stopped. Most recent hardware is a new Cannon printer, installed maybe 2 months ago and the Vostro ran fine until maybe 2 weeks ago. I have not checked the power supply yet, but I have replaced the battery to no effect. I've tried booting from CD but the machine doesn't seem to be getting to that point.

Suggestions?

Relevancy 81.27%

Hi all,

I have a Dell Laptop Core 2 duo Processor. Since tomorrow its giving a blue screen error and rebooting please suggest what to do.I am attaching the dumps which would help you.

Thanx in advance...

A:Dell Vostro 1015 Laptop giving blue screen error

Related to athrx.sys Extensible Wireless LAN device driver from Atheros Communications, Inc. Yours is from June 2009.

I would update to the most recent driver available.

Also please update to SP-1.
Please run the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) and then update to SP-1
32 Bit

Download: System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [February 2012] - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

64 Bit

Download: System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [February 2012] - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details
Now update to SP-1

Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/226017-dell-vostro-1015-laptop-giving-blue-screen-error.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Dell Vostro 1015 Laptop giving blue screen error
Hi all,

I have a Dell Laptop Core 2 duo Processor. Since tomorrow its giving a blue screen error and rebooting please suggest what to do.I am attaching the dumps which would help you.

Thanx in advance...

A:Dell Vostro 1015 Laptop giving blue screen error

Hello jiturajpattnaik and welcome to Seven Forums.

You'll probably get a better response if you post your question in the Crashes and Debugging section. Here's a link on the info you should provide:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Due to time zone differences and how busy the BSOD experts are, it may take a while for an answer. In the meantime you culd try running a System File Checker scan from an elevated command prompt (option two, this tutorial) in case any system files have become damaged or corrupt. If problems are found run the scan 3 times rebooting in between each scan.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/226022-dell-vostro-1015-laptop-giving-blue-screen-error.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Basically as title says.. fresh install, managed to install drivers, skype, steam, battle.net, avast and google chrome.. restarted comp and again its as the title says, any help would be much appreciated.. also same thing happens in safe mode

A:Black screen where login screen should be

Hi, is this the same pc as here?
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/interupt_exception_not_handled.1152793/page-3

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-where-login-screen-should-be.1154281/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hopefully this is posted in the right spot if not I apologie. When I turn on my computer, it starts up normally with the windows logo and everything, but when it comes to the login screen, all is black. The login screen is totally gone, so there is no way to get into the pc and find out what is wrong with it. Does anyone know what is wrong, or if there is a way to restore the pc without having to log into an account. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am desperate. Thank you.

A:Screen goes black at login screen

Welcome to Techspot!

First things first, try and boot into safe mode. Also, may as well post your system specs as we'll probably need them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-at-login-screen.58074/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello everyone First of all I will divide my statement by sections so it would be easier to read Section The problem - description of it Section How I manage the problem "loading cursor" Black no on screen and screen with login Boot. Section Things and methods that I have tried - all unsuccessfully Section My own findings to help with further analysis So here we go Section Whenever I start windows it will boot normally up Black screen with "loading cursor" and no login screen on Boot. until Windows logo screen where balls meet to form windows logo at this logo screen I can already notice slow pace as it stays in it for a good minute Afterwards it will be just black screen for a minute Then mouse cursor will appear with faster sensitivity than my usual and it will transform into a loading wheel cursor after another minute And now it reached state in which it can stay for hours Only black screen and loading mouse wheel note that it is always spinning and I can always move it it is not frozen Section So the only way for me to login is to leave it be for at least about hours and it will start itself Usually I do this overnight and in the morning it is already at the desktop and works like nothing ever happened I can do whatever then everything will work perfectly fine Crysys works fine YouTube works fine - no trace of any problem So while I can always just Hibernate and sleep my PC I need to restart it sometimes EDIT Now after those hours or more it will simply display ordinary mouse pointer on a black screen and act as if I am in login screen For example it will sleep after mins of no movement and instantly wake up on activity Section So far I have tried those methods Clean boot All of F advanced boot options Only safe mode and repair windows work sfc scannow in Safe Mode Uninstalling video card driver and reinstalling with the latest compatible CCleaner while in normal mode Other anti virus and malware softwares Windows restore no back up point Deleting network drivers Reinstalling them Disabling all network related devices in the Device Manager Section While Fail Safe mode works neatly Fail safe mode with networking support loads but freezes after about seconds And won't unfreeze only mouse will be movable but everything will be irresponsive and will give me errors like shown on the post here below in the replies It appears to be happened after I downloaded windows update for Virtual machine support During the update I went away from my laptop when I left it was restarting itself to apply updates and when I came back hour later I found my laptop on the same black screen with loading mouse cursor I waited minutes more and forcefully restarted it And it was black screen again Since then I have uninstalled everything regarding that update and virtual machine through programs and features in the windows updates tab There were few times when I saw a BSOD after black screen stood for about hours But was unable to read them fast enough Sometimes the laptop monitor will change its brightness during black screen The laptop will restart itself after about hour of black screen and go into it again --- EDITs Sorry for the edits guys I am using Android to write this and I want my post to look both informative and easy to read --- I usually solve problems like this myself through hardcore researching and analysis but I fail on this one Thank you everyone who will try to help and suggest anything Thank you for your time ExacT

A:Black screen with "loading cursor" and no login screen on Boot.

It sounds like something is trying to load and run in the background.
Download DDS from one of these links:
DDS.com
DDS.pifDisable any script blocking protection
Double click the dds icon to run the tool.
When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt
Attach.txt <--- will be minimized in the task tray

Save both reports to your desktop.
Include the contents of both logs in your next post.
The scan will instruct you to post Attach.txt as an attachment. You can post both logs as attachments.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344159-black-screen-loading-cursor-no-login-screen-boot.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi All I hope somebody can help Dell Inspiron running vista home premium up to date with all updates except SP I have vista set to automatic updating and this has SP1 my error inspiron: 800f081f wont 1520 dell install on worked well until I noticed that Sp had not installed I tried to do it manually and it starts then after some time it aborts with the message quot An internal error occurred while SP1 wont install on my dell 1520 inspiron: error 800f081f installing the service pack quot error number f f I'velooked at the microsoft support page for this problem and have tried all the actions they recommend Downloaded full standalone SP multilanguage bit Disabled Avast anti-virus perform hardware scan - no problems run system file checker Aborted during verification phase complete with error message quot Windows resource protection could not perform requested operation quot run memory test - no problems uninstalled avast and performed all the above with same results After each action I reboot the computer and tried to install from the standalone version I had downloaded My hunch is it could be something to do with the language support versions of vista I don't know what Dell ship as standard in the UK but don't know how to find out which one I have I've tried to post an email with microsoft but they only support the US And canada via e-mail Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated Thanks

A:SP1 wont install on my dell 1520 inspiron: error 800f081f

Hi galehouse and welcome to Vista forums!

Did you have a look there: When you use Automatic Updates to scan for updates or to apply updates to applications that use Windows Installer, you experience issues that involve the Svchost.exe process

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/169036-sp1-wont-install-my-dell-1520-inspiron-error-800f081f.html
Relevancy 77.4%

When I login all I get is a black screen and "my documents" is open. Basically, the OS has GONE! I can still use the computer, ctrl alt delete etc.. run tasks, just that there is no desktop or toolbars etc.

A:Black screen after login

Explorer (the shell) has probably crashed. Try bringing up the Task Manager by pressing ctrl-shift-esc, then clicking File/Run and typing EXPLORER into that box.

If it restarts successfully, at least you know that's the issue. It's not a long-term fix though. Most likely the same thing will reoccur after you log on next time, so if you come back and tell us what happened someone might be able to help you further.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/218716-black-screen-after-login.html
Relevancy 77.4%

When I boot my desktop everything is okay until I sign in.

After I log into my computer I get this black screen for a minute or two and then my desktop slowly appears.

Is this normal?

A:Black screen at login

Depends on the computer and how it's setup. On old, overloaded, underpowered and unmaintained computers, yes, I've seen some 15-20 minutes to get booted up. There have been numerous occasions, while sitting there waiting and staring at a black screen, I've reached over and gently touched the computer with my fingertips to try and determine if the stupid hard drive was even spinning. It's enough to make you want to scream while pulling what's left of your hair out. <-grrrrr->

:)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-at-login-829682.html