Windows Support Forum

Solved: Win7 computer will not connect to Internet, all other devices will!

Q: Solved: Win7 computer will not connect to Internet, all other devices will!

Hey there, I have a windows 7 computer that will not connect to my wifi anymore. Literally less than a week ago it was running fine and all was well. But now it says that it cannot connect to the Internet, even though I am using the wifi from my iPod,
wii, and Ubuntu laptop fine. The useless troubleshooter was well... useless.
Specs:
Acer Aspire 5560-Sb41
Quad Core A6-3400M with turbo core tech up to 2.30 GHz
Acer Nplify 802.11b/g/n
Wireless is a WRT160N linksys
Only program that I think could mess it up is LogMeIn Hamachi.
If you need more info on anything then please let me know!
Thanks.
Edit: I put this in the windows 7 area because I had a Windows update recently as well, so just a very very small chance that could have knocked it out somehow.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Win7 computer will not connect to Internet, all other devices will!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Win7 computer will not connect to Internet, all other devices will!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win7-computer-will-not-connect-to-internet-all-other-devices-will.1046843/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a network with a dsl modem a networkswitch hub and an internetphone adapter I also have two laptops connected to the network one is ubuntu it connects to the internet without problems and then I have a laptop with Windows XP version installed I had some trouble getting on the internet a couple of weeks ago so the internet provider sent me a new dsl-modem now everything works fine except I can t connect with the xp machine I am using cable connection the computers network connection worked before I ve tried several other cables and ports in internet one three of connect Solved: devices cant network with the network switch but I can t fix the problem both laptops are connected to the same network switch but they cant find eaach other on the network pinging one from another won t work either the ipconfig details of the working computer IP adress broadcast adress subnet mask Default gateway primary dns secondary dns ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- the ipconfig on the non-working winXP computer Windows IP configuration Host name myname primary dns node type unknown ip routing yes WINS no Ethernet local connection DNS description SIS -Based PCI fast ethernet adapter address Solved: cant connect internet with one of three network devices - -EC-C - - dhcp yes automatic configuration yes automatic ip-address subnet Solved: cant connect internet with one of three network devices mask standard gateway ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ it seems like the winxp computer cant get on the internet at all I ve tried connecting it directly to the dsl-modem too but nothing changes please help nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

I have 2 laptops, an ipad, and 2 smart phones using a dlink router. All devices connect to the router beautifully but will not access the Internet.
Both laptops will access the internet when hardwired to the modem via Ethernet cable.
Rebooted the modem, rest the router, still no connection.
Reset router and one laptop can access the Internet. The other one can't.
ipad and 2 smart phones will not access the Internet even after the reboot of both the modem and router.

It would seem that one laptop at a time can access the Internet through the router with a lot of rebooting and resetting of the router.

I spent a long while on the phone with my Internet Provider and they were no help.
Any suggestions sure would be appreciated.

This is a new problem as all devices have formerly worked great.

A:Solved: Devices access the router great, but can't connect to the Internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-devices-access-the-router-great-but-cant-connect-to-the-internet.1099618/
Relevancy 68.8%

Windows seems to be crashing our other systems heres the background I work at this place called iFly Hollywood indoor skydiving windtunnel we have a camera system set up they are connected via ethernet cables to a switch which is connected to the server We take pictures while people are flying those pictures get sent over a network to Win7, to network, connect devices other crashes the server where they are stored and are displayed on a screens for people to see when theyre done flying We also have a wireless access point set up Win7, connect to network, crashes other devices so people who work here bring their laptops and can connect to the internet I'm running vista on my laptop Win7, connect to network, crashes other devices theres Win7, connect to network, crashes other devices another mac laptop and everythings working fine A coworker got a new laptop with Windows on it Everytime we connect wirelessly or wired to the access point network The camera systems go down only a few pictures will be sent to back to the server and within a few minutes stop working all together Then if we disconnect the Windows machine from our network reset our cameras everything starts working fine again We tried resetting the cameras while the windows machine is still connected doesnt work We also had another coworker that got a brand new computer with Win no new programs installed it crashed our system he installed XP onto it and it works just fine We did virus scans on all our computers and the windows computers no viruses We've tried with both the bit and bit Windows operating system And they both crashed our cameras Anybody have any similar problems or have any idea as to what could be causing this Any help would be greatly appreciated and if your local i can set you up with some flight time Thanks

A:Win7, connect to network, crashes other devices

Quote: Originally Posted by iflyhollywood

Windows 7 seems to be crashing our other systems, heres the background:

I work at this place called iFly Hollywood, indoor skydiving windtunnel, we have a camera system set up, they are connected via ethernet cables to a switch, which is connected to the server. We take pictures while people are flying, those pictures get sent over a network to the server where they are stored and are displayed on a screens for people to see when theyre done flying.

We also have a wireless access point set up so people who work here bring their laptops and can connect to the internet.

I'm running vista on my laptop, theres another mac laptop and everythings working fine. A coworker got a new laptop with Windows 7 on it. Everytime we connect wirelessly or (wired) to the access point/network. The camera systems go down, only a few pictures will be sent to back to the server and within a few minutes stop working all together.

Then, if we disconnect the Windows 7 machine from our network, reset our cameras, everything starts working fine again. We tried resetting the cameras while the windows 7 machine is still connected, doesnt work. We also had another coworker that got a brand new computer with Win7, no new programs installed, it crashed our system, he installed XP onto it, and it works just fine. We did virus scans on all our computers and the windows 7 computers, no viruses.

We've tried with both the 32bit and 64 bit Windows 7 operating system. And they both crashed our cameras.
Anybody have any similar problems or have any idea as to what could be causing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated (and if your local i can set you up with some flight time) Thanks!

One question; are you using "homegroup" for your networking? If so, stop. homegroup is for win 7 machines only. In mixed environments (XP and Win7 ) workgroup should be used. Homegroup uses IPv6 (buggy on some networks), workgroup uses IPv4 (older but more reliable).

Let us know

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/76347-win7-connect-network-crashes-other-devices.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi folks I just finished rebuilding an old PC to now run can't connect access one point New build past Win7 devices to a fresh install of Win Pro -SP No matter what I do I can't get it to connect to devices beyond one of two identical access points on my LAN I have one AP inside my home which a Win Home netbook and my phone and tablet connect to and another one outside my home which connects via WiFi to a remote solar-powered camera site about meters away At that remote site there is a TP-Link client router which connects to an Axis camera and to a Tycon Power Systems site monitor All three devices have static IPs set up and the system has been running fine for over six months with New Win7 build can't connect to devices past one access point barely a hiccup There are six other PCs here on the network and three Android devices All of these including the Win Home netbook CAN connect to those three remote devices at the other end of the long-range WiFi link I can even place an Ubuntu DVD into the drive of the newly built Win machine and boot Ubuntu and it then can see my three remote devices so I know it's not a hardware issue or unplugged cable It has got to be something in the LAN adapter settings or the firewall or something that's evidently over my head When running in Win Pro attempts to connect to the remote devices through that AP just won't go I CAN connect to that AP with no trouble - just not to anything beyond it Pings to the AP return in less than ms Pings to the devices beyond the AP return quot destination host unreachable quot I have no clue what to try next Thanks in advance for any thoughts you guys might have - Darrin

A:New Win7 build can't connect to devices past one access point

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

On the Win7Home32 netbook that can connect to those three remote devices...
...what does the Network and Sharing Center look like?
(Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums)

...and what does it look like on the problematic computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/313389-new-win7-build-cant-connect-devices-past-one-access-point.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I changed my ISP to "Clear.com" and now one, seldom used, Win7 computer will not connect to the wireless network. I have two other desktops hardwired and two laptops on the wireless that work fine. The two laptops are in the same room as the Clear 'modem/router', while the Win7 box is not, if that matters. The Win7 box worked in that location when I was on the cable and had a separate wireless router.

The box that will not connect, does show that the wireless connection is available, and the adapter shows to be working properly in Device Manager.

Oh, and Windows Troubleshooter says it cannot fix it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Solved: Win7 computer will not connect to wireless network

Make sure that you are not locking yourself out via MAC Address filtering.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win7-computer-will-not-connect-to-wireless-network.1088587/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I using computer is blocking any devices My internet other the Solved: have a Wireless-N ADSL Modem Router Netgear Router In the past I have had ethernet cables Solved: My computer is blocking any other devices using the internet coming out of the back leading to Directly to Solved: My computer is blocking any other devices using the internet main computer Into a splitter box leading to Xbox PS Samsung Solved: My computer is blocking any other devices using the internet TV amp Dell PC Previously this had been succesful with both router ports allowing internet access to both users For a month now this has not been the case only one port at any given time seems to allow internet access I have tried eliminating the splitter box from the equation and leading it directly into the Xbox for example but still there is no internet on one of the devices usually which every is lower in router priority number Which suggest the problem is located on the main PC Changes made to the computer over the last month There was a unknown virus on this pc causing me to have to format my harddrive and re-install everything I installed Norton anti virus but since the internet problem I have got rid of it but still not internet Any Suggestions Many Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi Recently the internet on wireless computers went out It seems to come back occasionally if I hard reset the router however its Cannot Wireless on devices, connect can wired on internet internet. to extremely tempremental The issue seems to be that I cant ping the Default Gateway IPconfig -all is below Windows IP Configuration Host Name seven Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Cannot connect to internet on Wireless devices, can on wired internet. Controller Physical Address - -E - - -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b e f a c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained December Lease Expires December Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A- - - -E - - -B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B B E- AE - - D - F C A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c e d b Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c e d b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled This happens on all computers and a kindle Macs included Anyone have any ideas or need any more info nbsp

A:Cannot connect to internet on Wireless devices, can on wired internet.

I don't see any wireless network adapter in the info you posted.

Regardless, if the same problem happens with multiple devices, then there's clearly something wrong with the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-internet-on-wireless-devices-can-on-wired-internet.970969/
Relevancy 62.78%

My internet down my road went out a while ago for a week and it came back on fine but ever since the B T tech came over after to check the router it s been only allowing a couple of devices on at a time I know it s not the devices because if I keep turning my router off and on it will work eventually but when reset then something else can t connect Here is the can't all to internet! devices the connect details from a pc that i ve got connected Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe dde e fe IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media can't connect all devices to the internet! disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix lcj emea dell com Ethernet can't connect all devices to the internet! adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address b a Link-local IPv Address fe c IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap F EC A- C- - - B BCAF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap DD - AAF- DC -BC - D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd ff a d Link-local IPv Address fe ff a d Default Gateway Please help my problem so I can once again connect any device freely again MY ROUTER IS A SKY NETGEAR DG GT I think v it s white nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi In my home there are two desktops the main one is hooked up internet to won't connect Devices the to the router four tablets two laptops two Roku boxes and three phones that are all connected to my Belkin Router All of a sudden the only device that will connect to the Router is the main desktop I m hoping it won t conk out on me too On all the devices you Devices won't connect to the internet can see the network but it Devices won't connect to the internet won t connect I want to say that this occurred after I renewed Devices won't connect to the internet and reinstalled my Norton Security program on the computer but I m not sure that it started after that maybe sure What could be the reason for this and how do I fix it The tablets laptops and phones all connect just fine to the internet outside of the home so I know it isn t the devices Thanks Oh I am a complete tech novice so please give very detailed directions as I have no idea about IP address DNS or anything else to do with computers I basically know turn it on and use it no back of the house stuff Sorry Thanks Angela nbsp

A:Devices won't connect to the internet

so no devices will connect to your router with wireless - is that correct ?

whats the exact model of the belkin and how old is it
have you switched OFF and left off for 15 mins
then turned back on

does it have any lights on the front - if so is there one for wireless and is it on ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/devices-wont-connect-to-the-internet.1158136/
Relevancy 62.78%

My laptop stopped connecting to the Internet eventhough our other laptop has no issue - tried resetting modem, router and bypassing router -- it shows my wireless network and says its connected as local only - tried TCP/IP reset and restarted but still same, when i did the winsock, ipv4, ipv6 command prompt i get an error on the ipv4 - resetting echo request failed? I also tried uninstalling my network adapters in safe mode and restarting but same issue still --- HELP!

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I have just purchased a used Dell Inspiron Unfortunately I haven internet connect USB won't devices without t been able to use it Everytime I try and connect a usb device it asks to check for the device s software but it won t install any devices without the internet being connected Every time I plug one in an dail up internet connection page USB devices won't connect without internet pops up and as soon as I close it it says that the computer was unable to install device However I use a usb modem for my internet so it isn t able to unpack and install on the laptop Its not just the modem that won t install its all USB sticks If I let the internet connection page stay up it will just spend lots of time trying to install the device but won t and as soon as I close the internet connection box it instantly says device installation fail Its running on Vista Home Premium The person I bought it off said she had a hard time getting all of her documents and files off without wiping vista too so I m not sure if this has anything to do with it I really have no idea at all in how to fix this Any help would be very much appreciated Thanks Vaughan nbsp

A:USB devices won't connect without internet

Do you mean "Dial up"?
Open Internet Options/Connections in Control Panel and delete the Dial up connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-devices-wont-connect-without-internet.952716/
Relevancy 62.78%

I can t connect to the internet on my laptop for some connect the I internet, can can't to other but all devices my reason - right now I am on safe mode and the internet is working however it does sometimes lose the connection on safe mode too All other devices such as other laptops phones and kindles can connect to the internet with ease so I am so confused I have run different anti virus checks and they have all found nothing I m not sure if this is worth saying - but my laptops battery needs to be replaced so maybe that I can't connect to the internet, but all my other devices can has something to do with it Here is my resulting log from the TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer JE HR Antivirus avast Antivirus Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

This is a recent problem. My computer doesn't want to connect to the internet via ethernet, however it will connect via wireless to the same network. Other computers on this network connect to the internet just fine. Any help on this is sincerely appreciated.

A:Internet doesn't connect via Ethernet but does connect wireless Win7

Other computers on this network connect to the internet just fine. Click to expand...

Connected by etherent ?
Have you also tried the same cable and port with a different PC

It maybe a security suite blocking - do you have Norton , McAfee etc

post a ipconfig /all and ping tests when connected by ethernet cable only
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-doesnt-connect-via-ethernet-but-does-connect-wireless-win7.972841/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello all To cut a long story short - we don t always have Internet connection due to our lack of income and times out of we only use G For reference ISP Sky Router Sagem Edit here is a diagram that could help I bought an apple airport a while ago just for AirPlaying music use but I found it very handy for something different Before I used to connect everything to the sky router and when the Internet went I keep having an error on use any devices even those that don t need real Internet access but I attached my NAS to the Airport and lo and behold - the without devices Connect help, wireless Internet to please? Internet went so I tried connecting to the airport and I had the sky router error so I just had a thought - why not power off the sky router I powered off the sky router and connect to the airport again and my NAS works without Internet Only problem is - I have about - devices that I like to use Connect to wireless devices without Internet help, please? at once but I only have port in the airport express So I thought I should pop by here and pray for any help anyone can give me preferably on the cheap too I know you can get USB hubs is there anything like that for Ethernet cables or maybe some kind of device to connect somewhere somehow Thanks and kind Regards osxIpro Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

DISCLAIMER This is my first post so I apologize Wifi, Connection no Internet Devices to but Connect for any mistakes I make Hello all Yesterday morning upon waking up I discovered that the Wifi in my house was no longer working It had worked fine Devices Connect to Wifi, but no Internet Connection the day before but stopped working completely overnight At first I thought it might have been Charter Communications My ISP throttling the internet due to our bandwidth My Mom watches a TON of Netflix But the internet works fine with our two home desktops It is the same connection but devices such as my iPhone Nexus iPad iPhone etc are unable to get internet access They are able to connect to the wifi and you are able to see the bars but when trying to connect to the internet you get a network error message To try to fix this problem I ran measurmentlab test for throttling my virus scan McAfee and malwarebytes I was unable to see any noticeable change in my problem I am hoping someone might know what I am doing wrong but I haven't been able to find a thread that has helped me out thus far Thanks for reading Nick

A:Devices Connect to Wifi, but no Internet Connection

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Sorry for the late reply, have you resolved this issue? If not, start of with a Power Cycle if you have not done this yet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/350192-devices-connect-wifi-but-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all I was hoping someone could help as I have spend hours scouring forums and trying fixes with no luck Other Little Triangle access internet & - devices Yellow no connect I have recently started getting the little yellow triangle with the exclamation point on my network access system tray icon My internet is fine as all other devices pc iPad I phone Android phone amp ps Little Yellow Triangle & no internet access - Other devices connect all connect perfectly to the internet If I disconnect or run the network troubleshooter my computer Little Yellow Triangle & no internet access - Other devices connect connects for anything between seconds and minutes before telling me no internet access Network Diagnostics tells me the default gateway is not available and has fixed it but only for a few moments I am using an Edimax EW- UMn wireless network adaptor for which I have installed and uninstalled and reinstalled and updated drivers I have performed a clean boot and am getting the same issues I don't have any other connections configured on my pc that could be conflicting Please does anyone have any bright ideas Thanks in advance

A:Little Yellow Triangle & no internet access - Other devices connect

Hi Chris and welcome to W7 Forums

Does it make any difference if you connect wired (Ethernet) or wireless, as you are doing now?

Can you open an Elevated Command Prompt and post the results of the following command: ipconfig /all

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/268989-little-yellow-triangle-no-internet-access-other-devices-connect.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a netgear router(maybe my first problem). My phone and kindle get a great wifi signal but the computer itself has zero signal and cant connect to the internet. Can anyone please help????

A:devices connect to wifi but puter has no internet connection

If the computer is running Windows ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If your only email accounts are free (Hotmail, gmail, etc.) try this direct link. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

IPCONFIG /ALL

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/devices-connect-to-wifi-but-puter-has-no-internet-connection.1115365/
Relevancy 60.63%

I recently noticed that I could not access any of my plub and play USB devices on my Windows 7 computer. I just also noticed that when I reboot, I know get a DOS message momentarily that says I am in IDE mode and my plug and play devices cannot be supported. It also provides me with the option to go to SATA by pressing "Y" while in DOS mode. There is a timer which times out and the it loads Win7.

I am not really sure what is going on.

1) Given that I used to be able to access my plug an play devices (exernal hard drives) have I somehow changed my BIOS settings?

2) Should I be clicking on "Y" while in DOS? Note I tried this and nothing happened.

3) Should I go directly into my BIOS and make the change. If so how?

Thanks

RK

A:Win7 computer in IDE mode and cannot access USB plug and play devices

I would start by letting us all know your system specs.

System Info - See Your System Specs

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/234233-win7-computer-ide-mode-cannot-access-usb-plug-play-devices.html
Relevancy 60.2%

SOLUTION In typical techie fashion as soon as i ask for help I solve the problem I did crtl r - gt ncpa cpl - gt properties - gt configure internet working to fine. desktop. Other connect Can't from devices wired - gt advanced - gt network access - Can't connect to internet wired from desktop. Other devices working fine. gt Type in the unique address seen for the network adapter when ipconfig is run type it without dashes This worked immediately My PC is Windows and it hasn't had internet issues before Last night it stopped connecting to the internet This morning is has been the same Wireless connections are working fine but my desktop doesn't have a wireless card so i need to fix the wired issue with it I've tried the ethernet cable on other devices and they work so i think it must be PC settings I PC restored to last night pm and it didn't fix it I've tried ipconfig release and renew and it didn't work I've tried uninstalling AVG and turning off firewalls I still am getting the yellow triangle with quot no internet access quot IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway I've tried updating network card drivers and disabling and re-enabling it Anyone able to help please Cheers Xander

A:Can't connect to internet wired from desktop. Other devices working fine.

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus WiFi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here. For Vista and Windows 7, 8 you can use the Windows Snipping Tool

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/cant-connect-to-internet-wired-from-desktop-other-devices-working-fine-861066.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey there My computer has been very slow for the past month Whenever I tried to open Firefox it would take quite a few minutes to load And the overall system is very sluggish and responding very slowly I scanned my computer with AVG and it says that my computer is clean I also have to boot twice when I want to switch on my computer My computer hang at the Windows XP loading page and I need to reset it to make it succesfully go to Windows Sometimes I have reset times The other to cannot and slows ports. Computer very some USB connect devices major thing that I'm worried about is that I cannot connect my iPhone to the computer Whenever I tried to connect it my computer would just hang there and nothing would respond This is causing me real problems as I have not yet updated my iPhone to next firmware Other devices that I connected to such as iPod thumbdrive and printer would cause it to hang But my USB mouse and USB wireless adapter is working perfectly without any problems Here is the DDS test DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Home at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV AVG Internet Security -pack On-access scanning enabled Computer very slows and cannot connect some devices to USB ports. Updated FW AVG Firewall enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgfws exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgam exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Canon MultiPASS MPSERVIC EXE C Program Files VIA RAID raid tool exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Innovative Solutions DriverMax devices exe C Program Files Imation ImationFlashDetect exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WUSB GC exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Documents and Settings Home Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uWindow Title gt gt gt 'Full Speed' Enabled lt lt lt uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO IDM Helper c - - b-a bf- b c a a - IDMIEHlprObj Class BHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Liv... Read more

A:Computer very slows and cannot connect some devices to USB ports.

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Your hard drive is almost full. Having too little free space on your hard drive can compromise system performance.

Quote:

C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 39 GiB total, 5.52 GiB free.

I suggest you move pictures, music, etc. to an external drive or USB stick if you have one and uninstall any programs that are never or hardly ever used.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/computer-very-slows-and-cannot-connect-some-devices-to-usb-ports-365556.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have access, and fine Win7 to iOS New blocks Internet router linux Internet the ONLY connect a new router connected to my internet from FIOS I was sick of the ActionTec router requiring a reboot every few days in order to get it to hand out ip addresses again so I purchased a Ubiquiti New router blocks ONLY Win7 Internet access, linux and iOS connect to the Internet fine edgmax router After changing the MAC address of the router to match the MAC address of the actiontec router I was able to get it functioning Sadly that's when the weirdness began I am able to connect to the internet fine on almost all my devices New router blocks ONLY Win7 Internet access, linux and iOS connect to the Internet fine I have two Roku streaming media players and an Ooma Ip phone box that connect to the internet fine with the new router All my New router blocks ONLY Win7 Internet access, linux and iOS connect to the Internet fine iOS devices connect fine to the internet I have a dual boot desktop connected via Ethernet and when I boot to Linux it connects to the internet fine If I reboot to Win same exact hardware there is no internet connection I can see the other devices in the network map I see the Brother printer and the Roku boxes that are on this side of the firewall but Internet access past the firewall is not available red X between router and Internet I have done a virus scan using both MalwareBytes and AVG in safe mode and there are no virus found by either I can reconnect the crappy Actiontec router and everything is fine I also tried bringing the router wifi access point and Win laptop that was NOT connecting to the internet at my home to my office and connected it all here and it works fine WTF To say that I am frustrated would be an understatement I tried contacting Ubiquiti tech support they are unable to help me I spoke with Verizon Tech support but they do not have networking competent people available and simply told me that using a non-actiontec router will not work and is not supported That is not true because it works fine EXCEPT for Win machines What does Windows do to decide if there is an internet connection Why is Win the ONLY thing that fails in my new network

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2a22c794-61b0-4eb2-80b8-586bf2886367/new-router-blocks-only-win7-internet-access-linux-and-ios-connect-to-the-internet-fine?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 59.34%

Recently I was conned into reformatting my computer to repair some inexplicable problems, and now my computer cannot connect to the wireless home network to access the internet. My machine is a Compaq Presario SR1750NX with an Asus Amberine M motherboard running Windows XP Home edition. My ISP is AT&T and I have a Netgear WPN111 USB wireless adapter. I have visited both the Compaq and Netgear websites but their drivers and software simply do not solve the problem. Google searches only find pages that are only loosely relevant or else find forum threads for specific scenarios that do not apply to my situation, with either no replies or else replies that only provide vague or expensive solutions. Now I am only able to access the internet via a handheld device. How do I connect my computer back up to the internet like it was before in time by Monday?

Relevancy 59.34%

I bought a new Asus computer a few days ago internet can't to Solved: connect New computer and haven t installed a single program on it Decided to try out windows but so far all it is making me do is pull out my hair Please help I ve already put hours into trying to solve this with no luck Problem After the computer starts up everything is fine then after - minutes it loses connection to the internet The toolbar icon says limited connectivity I am running an ethernet cable from my router to this new computer I have two other computers windows and a mac that can both connect to the router through wireless with no problems Solutions I have tried -Updating my ethernet cards -ipconfig renew release flushdns -Resetting network adapter causes internet to work again for - minutes before limited connectivity -Changing power management settings on ethernet cards -All computers have same default gateway and their own Solved: New computer can't connect to internet ip addresses of - -Tried to update router firmware but the router is a Telus Solved: New computer can't connect to internet Actiontec V h can t change router settings -Connecting through wireless just like other computers same problem persists -Going through windows updates -Turning off router computer -Resetting router -Formatting disk drives -Disabling windows firewall I can t think of anything else to try my gut tells me this is something to do with windows nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Just the other day my internet was working fine but now it isn t and i have no idea why not Before i took the computer to my friends house it was working great but when i got there it wouldn t recognize any ethernets we tried to put Solved: the At all. connect Computer to won't internet. in it Is it possible the housing Solved: Computer won't connect to the internet. At all. on the mobo was jostled and won t work anymore or could it be somehow driver related The Solved: Computer won't connect to the internet. At all. only connection is see Solved: Computer won't connect to the internet. At all. when trying to connect to a network is the Broadband and my LAN won t show up If i go to manage connections in the network and sharing center i can see my LAN but it is innactive and i don t know how to make it work again The light on the back of the computer where the ethernet cable plugs in is on meaning it is getting something or other but no internet at all I have Vista bit live in America and have an ASUS P Q SE PLUS motherboard I really need help with this thing Microsoft and ASUS have both had useless support Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

It s that time of the year again when visiting my parents means won't the connect Solved: Internet to computer Mom's I have to fix their PC since they assume I can fix anything on a computer even though I know nothing about the subject This is where you wonderful people come in Their network works Solved: Mom's computer won't connect to the Internet my computer is cabled in it right now and their wi-fi network although it sucks also functions to the best of its ability Their computer will not connect to either When running diagnostics I am advised that the driver for the local network card has a problem They have a Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet card as well as an Atheros AR B wireless network adapter I tried downloading and installing a driver for the Solved: Mom's computer won't connect to the Internet Netlink card but I m not sure I had the right one and Windows says the most up to date driver is already installed for the card Can t find a driver for the Atheros network adapter whatever that is Can anyone help Thanks Tine nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Recently I have had to forward some ports in my router settings for a game... but now my mothers computer (running windows xp) cannot connect to the internet. My computer however can connect to the internet. When I set up a manual broadband connection it does connect and everything works fine with my mothers computer.(with this I sometimes have to redial 2 or 3 times). My main concern is why all of a sudden the computer doesn't connect automatically to the internet? please help

A:Solved: 1 Computer can connect to the internet and another cannot

Make sure all your cables are inserted properly and have not become pulled out. Forwarding ports should not affect your mother's PC. Make sure your mother's pc has a link light on the back of it where the cat5 cable is plugged into. Also make sure the other end of her cable has a link light on the front of your router. If it doesn't on the router try plugging hers into a different port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-1-computer-can-connect-to-the-internet-and-another-cannot.1047503/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I m setting up a new computer and I m having trouble getting it new computer Solved: internet to connect won't connected to the internet It s an Acer model Aspire M running Windows I have it plugged into a jack that I Solved: new computer won't connect to internet know works other computers can connect on it but when I type in ipconfig I get this Code C Users amy delvecchio gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe d a fb IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap A F - - -ADFA- C E F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap F A- FB - E -B F - C CC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e c e d a Link-local IPv Address fe c e d a Default Gateway C Users amy delvecchio gt Releasing and renewing doesn t work Solved: new computer won't connect to internet Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

I downloaded windows 8 then I borrowed windows vista recovery discs of a friend and now my computer will not go on internet and some times won't even start up properly.

I have a HP computer and I'm using a little USB looking thing for the internet.

Please help.

A:[SOLVED] computer will not connect to the internet

The recovery discs are from a HP, with the exact same hardware as yours? If not that is most likely your problem. You should go to HP's website and order as set of Recovery Discs for you specific computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-computer-will-not-connect-to-the-internet-661386.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a router with 3 computers attached via wired connections. This morning my #3 computer would not connect to the internet. I rebooted and still no connection. I am able to connect to the net on #1 and #2 computers. I too the cable from #1 computer ( one that is able to connect) and plugged it into #3 computer ( the problem computer)....still no connection. It appears the problem is coming from my computer since the signal is good on other computers from the router to the computers. Where to start on this computer that will not connect?

Computer is XP PRO with I.E.

Relevancy 59.34%

I know the title of this thread probably doesn t Internet can't Solved: Still Computer OK, connect... OK, make much sense when you first read it but as far as I know it s correct Here is Solved: Internet OK, Computer OK, Still can't connect... what is happening Today I connected my laptop to our DSL to download the latest updates for viruses spyware etc It said that it could not connect with the server I checked Network Connections and it said that it was trying to quot Acquire address quot There was NO red X where it says quot Local Area Connection quot I was waiting for it to connect for around minutes when a friend of mine called telling me that they are having the same exact problem computer was working fine and then all of a sudden no internet service We both happen to use AT amp T so I thought that their service might be down so I connected the DSL cable to my Mac and low-and-behold it connected to the internet just fine So by this time I m REALLY confused Both computers my friends and mine are dell laptops different models but everything WAS working fine with both of them the other day We ve noticed that several other people here are having similar problems here too so could this be a virus that hasn t been widely detected yet Is there anyway to trace this down nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

USB: you're supposed to be able to connect 100+ devices.

Erm... from my experience, when you connect multiple devices altogether, connected via different hubs: some will just stop working and not respond.

I've found that when this happens, if you randomly plug things in and out then you can get the one you want to work... or just do a reboot or something.

What am I missing? I'm sure I must be doing something wrong.

Is the secret to use powered USB hubs?

Thanks
OM

Relevancy 58.48%

I have recently changed the name of my network to Solved: Connect Won't Single Computer Internet as well as the password for the network All of my devices Android tablet iPod touch Macbook Pro Laptop running XP Xbox are connecting fine except one desktop running Solved: Single Computer Won't Connect to Internet Windows Vista This computer is giving my a local connection but says it is not connected to the internet When I try to access the router s control panel from this computer it says that it cannot connect The router is a Linksys WRT N with the encryption type set to WPA Personal The computer is connected to the local area network but says the router is not connected to the internet It is able to ping the router and is sending and receiving packets Here are all the network settings for this computer currently connected to the computer via Ethernet from wireless router Windows IP Configuration Host Name Guy Pc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL B Wireless g Mbps USB Network Adapter Physical Address - - -CB-EB- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fc f e c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-B -C - F- - - C- - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - C- -E - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c fa d ed Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday May PM Lease Expires Tuesday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-B -C - F- - - C- - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Here is what I get after renewing my IP Windows IP Configuration Host Name Guy Pc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL B Wireless g Mbps USB Network Adapter Physical Address - - -CB-EB- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fc f e c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-B -C - F- - - C- - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - C- -E - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c fa d ed Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday May PM Lease Expires Tuesday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-B -C - F- - - C- - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Single Computer Won't Connect to Internet

set the wireless connection to automatic

have a read here how to setup for different windows version

Setup to Automatically get IP and DNS

XP
--
Setup to Automatically get an IP and DNS (DHCP) - for XP
follow these instructions - if wireless - choose the wireless connection
http://www.srikanthkoka.com/lan.html

VISTA
-----
Setup to Automatically get an IP and DNS (DHCP) - for Vista
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-TCP-IP-settings

WINDOWS 7
---------
Setup to Automatically get an IP and DNS (DHCP) - for Windows 7
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-TCP-IP-settings
From a TerryNet post
To configure a dynamic IP address on your Windows Vista or 7 computer:

1. Click Start.
2. Select Network, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Manage network connections or Change adapter settings from the list of tasks.
3. Right click the connection of interest and click Properties.
4. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the list and click the Properties button.
5. Select Obtain an IP address automatically.
6. Select Obtain DNS Server address automatically.
7. Click OK.
8. Click Close.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-single-computer-wont-connect-to-internet.1054921/
Relevancy 58.48%

i just reformatted my windows xp computer, and i forgot to back up the drivers. now i cant connect to the internet. the router i have is connected directly via ethernet to my computer. the network is still working fine, i can access the internet from every other computer on the network. i ran the dell driver reinstall cd, but it didnt get me all of the drivers, so now i have no internet, and i dont think i have sound either. this is my router info, in case it helps Firmware Version: 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.7,Model Name: MI424-WR Hardware Version: D. i added a screenshot of device manager.
PLEASE HELP! I KNOW I WAS STUPID BUT THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Relevancy 58.48%

I have a computer that had many infections I have performed Step -removed all the known spyware malware Step -could not be performed because I cannot connect to the internet Step -installed Spyblaster [SOLVED] to Cannot the Internet Connect Computer Infected amp IE Spyad Step -could not be performed because I cannot connect to the internet Step -dss exe was installed amp ran the results are as follows Deckard Scan Results ---------------------------- Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Jessica Rock on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Removed Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security - - UTC - RP - Installed Windows XP [SOLVED] Infected Computer Cannot Connect to the Internet Service Pack - - UTC - RP - Installed Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security - - UTC - RP - Installed Windows XP Service Pack -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Installed Windows XP KB Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINNT system smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system LEXBCES EXE C [SOLVED] Infected Computer Cannot Connect to the Internet WINNT explorer exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Gateway Gateway Ink Monitor GWInkMonitor exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINNT system dwdsrngt exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug MDM EXE C WINNT system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Lanovation PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINNT system svchost exe C Documents and Settings Jessica Rock MPLSUOFF Desktop Deckard exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www google com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http www google com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO no name - C E C-BDE - de -BB - CAA FDC - C WINNT system tmp tmp dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Gateway Ink Monitor quot C Program Files Gateway Gateway Ink Monitor GWInkMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINNT System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run QuickFinder Scheduler quot C Program Files Corel WordPerfect Office Programs QFSCHD EXE quot O - HKLM Run Lexmark X Series quot C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbabmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C P... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Infected Computer Cannot Connect to the Internet

Ok.Lets download ComboFix.exe. This will give me a better view to the files running and also hidden on your computer and also those in the registry..Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

Please ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first.This applies to XP Pro and XP Home users only.If you have SP3 installed you will need to use SP2

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

Once installed, you should get a prompt that says:

The Recovery Console was successfully installed.

Please continue as follows:

(1) Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
(2) Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue scanning for malware.

When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.

Please include the following reports for further review, and so we may continue cleansing the system:

C:\ComboFix.txt
New HijackThis log.

Caution: Never run and remove files with Combofix unless supervised by a qualified security analyst who is experienced in the use of Combofix. Mal use can cause serious computer problems

NOTE: Combofix prevents autorun of all CDs, floppies and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you - please let me know.

=======================================

Please download SDFix from here and save it to your desktop

Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
Restart your computer
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;
Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.
Choose your usual account.

Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
(Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).
Please copy and paste that log in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-infected-computer-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-260118.html
Relevancy 58.48%

On one of my home computers, I am getting the 'limited or no connectivity' issue. When I try to use Firefox, I get the Server 'Not Found' page. The other computers can get on the internet just fine. I have tried power cycling the modem, pc, and router, release/renew the pc(the renew fails), disabling and enabling my network adapter, all to no avail.
Tried replacing the cable as well, but no difference. I have an amber light that blinks periodically on the network slot.
Im absolutely lost on how to fix this problem. Any ideas?

Update : Also tried setting a static IP, it found a network, but still no internet.

A:Solved: Unable to connect to internet on 1 computer

First off, what is the version and patch level of Windows in use?

Let's see the output of this as well:

For 98 or ME, Start, Run, COMMAND to open a DOS window:
--- or ---
For 2K or XP, Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window:

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-internet-on-1-computer.530202/
Relevancy 58.48%

I am NOT able connect to Internet from Desktop computer with Windows XP installed on it.
I have recently bought an older desktop computer. I have upgraded this desktop computer to Windows XP (SP 2) from Windows ME.
I am NOT able to connect to internet. But i don’t know whether it was working before or not.
I have a high speed internet modem. I am connecting the desktop computer to the Modem using a cable. As soon as i connect, the desktop computer is getting assigned an IP.
When i did ipconfig /all, i see its IP , default gateway etc.
The Ethernet Adapter description is SMC EZ Card 10/100 PCI (SMC1211TX).
But no value is there for Primary DNS Suffix and Node type is None.

I am NOT able to ping the default gateway as well.

Please help me to get this issue fixed. Thanks

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello everyone So I have an extremely frustrating problem that has been plaguing me since June and I have been unable to find help or fix it The internet on my laptop PC with vista was working fine I moved back to the u s And it has been acting funny ever since Basically I am on y able to open certain websites gmail google work fine Facebook loads text but not pictures most websites don t load at all I have run two different virus scans I have avast but also tried another one someone gave me from a disk I have also to to connect Computer Solved: unable internet tried cccleaner defraggler I am an extreme Solved: Computer unable to connect to internet novice when it comes to this kind of thing so I have really been trying my best I just did this TCP IP stack repair options for use with Vista or Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt select quot Run as Administrator quot to open a command prompt Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock reset catalog Reset IPv TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ipv reset reset log Reset IPv TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ipv reset reset log Reboot the machine Microsoft MVP - Windows Expert - Consumer since July After trying the above and now the internet is only connected with a local connection This is what it shows when I did iconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Lolo gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Lolo-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address B -AC- F- - A-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB-A - D- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - E- E- - -B - - -FA DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CEDB - C - -A A - C B D br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c f fecf Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f fecf Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AE F - C - A - -D A FE br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Anyone have any ideas I have been on this site for months trying to figure out what to do and am finally posting Because I am ready to throw my comp out the window Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I have read and tried just about everything but I still can t connect to internet on my client computer My setup Host and Client computers have a Linksys NC U-WM Fast Ethernet Adapter Both computers are connected to a Linksys WRT G Wireless-G Broadband Router Verizon Wireless USB Modem hooks connect to on computer Solved: internet client Can't to USB port on Host computer I can go into the Command Prompt and ping both computers without any problems here is what I get on Host computer when I do a quot ipconfig all quot C Documents and Settings Michael gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name mike Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Linksys NC Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - -F - D- -A Solved: Can't connect to internet on client computer Dhcp Solved: Can't connect to internet on client computer Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday November PM Lease Expires Friday November PM PPP adapter NationalAccess - BroadbandAccess Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WAN PPP SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers here is what I get on the client computer when I do a quot ipconfig all quot C Documents and Settings Zachary gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name zachary Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Linksys NC Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - A- - F-AF- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday November PM Lease Expires Friday November PM I have also went in and disabled all firewalls on both computers I have went into the Linksys web setup for the router and have disabled DHCP Server But at the top where the internet connection type is it s set at Automatic Configuration-DHCP not sure IF I have to Solved: Can't connect to internet on client computer change that setting Other options are Static IP PPPoE PPTP L TP Telstra Cable Local IP Address is still set at Subnet Mask is set at Thanks for all help mike nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I ve got a terribly frustrating problem with my internet I ll give the basic background first the system that is having technical problems connect on Solved: router my 1 Only cannot internet to computer runs vista and my ethernet cord that Solved: Only 1 computer cannot connect to internet on my router runs to it is working properly i tested it Solved: Only 1 computer cannot connect to internet on my router with other computers My router is qwest s actiontec GT WG i also have another router that s a leviton gateway which connects my other computers to the internet If you need more specs just let me know The problem is this I ve have a connection of computers running through the leviton gateway which connects to my qwest router which connects me to the internet For a few years now this connection has worked great no problems like this before But just today one of my computers couldn t connect to the internet or to any of the routers It s LAN line was receiving a ton of packets but it says it wasn t sending a single one My first thought was that it was just a small glitch so i restarted everything Unplugged all the cords to my routers as well still nothing Then i thought the problem was my ethernet adapter so i tried an ethernet to usb adapter and that adapter didn t work either So finally i plugged this computer through the usb line of the actiontec router and it still wouldn t connect to the router i use this usb line for one of my other computers in my house so i know it works I don t see how it could be a hardware problem and i can t imagine what kind of software problem could be going on the only thing different from today and yesterday when it was working fine was that there was a windows update that was installed yesterday So i did a system restore and i went into add and remove programs to make sure it was gone and i was able to delete so i don t think that was the problem I m out of ideas i really have no idea what s going on Please help -Ryan nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

My ipod and laptop both receive the signal from my router, but can not connect. How do I reset my password? Or enter the password into my ipod etc. so it recognises the signal? I've entered the password, but the do not connect, If you can't help, who do I call; my internet provider, or an it guy?

A:xp computer conected to wireless route, wirelss devices will not connect

Disable encryption and MAC Address filtering on the router and try to connect. Assuming success you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect. If unsuccessful please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-computer-conected-to-wireless-route-wirelss-devices-will-not-connect.808247/
Relevancy 58.48%

During the summer we had three laptops and an iPod Two of the laptops and the iPod were having trouble connecting to the Internet but I thought that was because we had too many devices but I looked it up and most sites said that wasn t true Now we have two laptops and the iPod and there are still problems so I thought it was a modem issue It s a Webstar DPC R and when the Up and Down lights go off our wireless wireless cannot Some to devices can Solved: while connect others has trouble but if I use cord which goes through a D-Link DIR- the Internet is fine When the lights go out I usually turn off both devices and turn them back on after about a minute and that usually works But then the lights didn t come back on so I called my Cox my provider and they did something that fixed for about a week then the two lights went out again Yesterday I reset them again and my Acer Aspire connected and so did my iPod but my HP Pavilion couldn t so I reset it again Now my HP and iPod work but my Acer doesn t even though I ve reset it Solved: Some devices cannot connect to wireless while others can multiple times What s weird is that the HP never has any trouble connecting even when the lights Solved: Some devices cannot connect to wireless while others can aren t on or when my iPod Acer and my sister s Dell couldn t nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Router: Netgear WNR2000v2
For a long time now, my router has been running fine with my devices. Now all of the sudden, some devices(my xbox, 3ds, and phone) cannot connect to the internet despite them picking up the signal. The weird thing is, the computers in my house and my PS3 can connect. I also don't think it's my security settings(TKIP and AES hybrid) since they all functioned fine with that before this problem.

I tried unsecuring my network as a test, but it seems that only my phone can connect while my 3ds cannot. I haven't tested this with the 360 however.

Any clue on where I can start? I also tried resetting my router to factory defaults three times.

Relevancy 58.05%

Just bought a new computer, setup, go to get online and can't. Says: "computer appears correctly configured but the device or resource is not responding" or also "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (g.msn.com)" . Searched online and saw countless stuff about this and Win7 with so many looking like they could never get it to resolve.

ipv4 says internet, ipv6 says no network access

I have other computers on the wireless working fine, this one connected to the router by ethernet, which is how I've always done it with desktops in the office room.

I searched for this "bojour" issue but its not listed anywhere in services. I disabled ipv6 as others said that worked for them, did nothing for me.

A:Win7 can't connect to internet???????

Hi -

Did the system come with an Internet Security app with a firewall, e.g., NIS, N360, KIS, McAfee, etc...?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-cant-connect-to-internet-493365.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a Dell Laptop 64 bit OS. I can connect in Safe Mode with Networking but not with a standard boot up. I can connect to any LAN via wireless. I have tried multiple browser's; IE9, Chrome, and Firefox Here's what I have done:

1. I have disabled Macafee firewall
2. I have performed a "clean" boot in MSConfig
3. Windows SP1 Not installed
4. I have ran Macafee Virus and spyware scan
5. Malware bytes scan
6. Turned off IPV6

I have attached some files. One is the Hijackthis log file and the error message about the hosts file. The other is the ipconfig /all results.

A:Win7 will not connect to Internet

Installed SP1 and that resolved the issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/251051-win7-will-not-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 58.05%

After about an hour I managed to figure out why my Mum s PC wouldn t connect Wireless Won't Internet to Network via New Computer Connect Solved: to our wireless Solved: New Computer Won't Connect to Internet via Wireless Network network thought I d post what solved it incase if could help anyone else I have a Belkin Wireless G Router and my mum s old PC used to Solved: New Computer Won't Connect to Internet via Wireless Network connect to it with a wire She got a new PC today and was having problems connecting to the Internet The ethernet cable had a green light beside the cable only and the Solved: New Computer Won't Connect to Internet via Wireless Network router lit up showing that the PC was connected However she couldn t get the Internet The IP address was in the x x x range After a wee search on the Internet some forums suggested it was a DHCP lease problem I connected to my router and although I have the lease release setting set to one day that didn t appear to be the problem After manually configuring the new PC to the network in the house I was able to ping my own PC and connect to see some files on my PC So that proved that the ethernet port cable etc was working but still no Internet access After searching through all my router settings I realised I had MAC address filtering on my idea of router security I disabled this and then the new PC connected I took a note of the new MAC address added it to the accepted list of MAC addresses and the PC is not able to connect to the Internet nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-computer-wont-connect-to-internet-via-wireless-network.574507/
Relevancy 58.05%

Okay, I'm trying to hook up an internet connection with a PC and a laptop through an OfficeConnect Dual Speed Switch 16. I've done it before and it worked fine but now I'm using a different PC and I'm only getting one computer to pick up the internet connection. If I plug in the laptop first, the laptop gets the connection and if I plug in the PC first, it gets the connection. But when I plug them both in at the same time, one of them randomly works and the other won't. I have no clue what I'm doing, really and it's frustrating.

A:Solved: Router problem. Internet will only connect with one computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-router-problem-internet-will-only-connect-with-one-computer.738354/
Relevancy 58.05%

I recently system restored my computer, and it was connected fine to my d-link DIR-615 router, but now it does not connect, what do i do?

A:Solved: System restored my computer, now it won't connect to internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-system-restored-my-computer-now-it-wont-connect-to-internet.1083875/
Relevancy 57.62%

About a week ago my laptop just stopped connecting to my wifi I have an HP Pavilion dv running Windows -bit I ve had this laptop for about four years if I m not mistaken and I have never had problems such as this before It can detect devices All to wifi? Solved: except laptop connect neighboring connections but it just doesn t detect my personal wifi The router modem is not the problem because I can connect to them with my other devices just fine Samsung Galaxy S S I am able to connect via Ethernet cable but of course this is a terrible inconvenience Cuddling my router is not something I feel I d want to do just to get some work done I have tried - restarting my router Netgear N Wireless Dual Band Router model WNDR - restarting my laptop - system restore - uninstalling and reinstalling wireless drivers originally was Intel WiFi Link BGN when reinstalled it changed to Intel Centrino Wireless-N - changed router settings router channel password security options - manually connecting through Control Panel SSID Solved: All devices except laptop connect to wifi? is not set to be hidden but still couldn t be found - troubleshooting nothing was found - updating basically Solved: All devices except laptop connect to wifi? everything router firmware drivers software etc Long story short none of this Solved: All devices except laptop connect to wifi? worked I feel as though I have tried everything I could find within multiple forums and endless internet surfing but I am simply out of ideas at this point The connection on my other devices is slow but they connect nonetheless Any help is strongly welcomed perhaps it may be time for a new computer router Note I am not as tech savvy as I make myself appear to be in this post but I know my way around the computer for the most part Additional Laptop Specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard C Antivirus Norton Premier Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

All of a sudden my Laptop and TIVO stopped connecting to the internet through my Linksys router. The network will appear on my Laptop, but it refused to connect (even when sitting next to the router). My TIVO and Laptop did connect when I tested them on another network. The router worked fine when I tested it at a friend's house. I also tried to power cycle the router and cable modem (Motorola), but it does not work. I can get internet by connecting directly to the router or modem. The setup has not changed. It tried everything I could find on this forum. The only thing I haven't done is call the ISP. Any thoughts on what to try next? I can supply more information when I get home.

Patrick

Relevancy 57.62%

I am on vaca, but supposed to be working remotely. My Asus laptop has worked w/out issues at home, work, airport, etc, but it won't work in this house. The Nook connects to the wifi here w/out any problems.

The network box shows four bars and says I'm connected when I pull up the list of possible connections, but then when I troubleshoot it says, "no Internet acces".
I have Windows 7 currently.

Suggestions? Please help. Thanks.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,

My laptop (an HP Pavilion dv5 using Windows 7) won't connect to my home wifi. Both my iphone and my ipad does without any problems. I've tried removing the wifi network from my laptop and adding it again. When I type in my password for the wifi it tells me there's a key mismatch although I'm 100% certain the password is correct. I kept typing it in and eventually it just tells me it cannot connect to my laptop.

I tried a system restore but my laptop wasn't able to complete it. It told me the restore failed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 57.62%

all other devices can connect to wifi, but windows xp can't, please help!

I have tried resetting the router, as well as the wifi connection on the xp, but nothing works.

A:Solved: all other devices can connect to wifi, but windows xp can't, please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-all-other-devices-can-connect-to-wifi-but-windows-xp-cant-please-help.1067458/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have internet Some programs cannot internet x64 to connect ult Win7 connect but some programs are not connecting to the internet Steps I have taken to solve the issue -I allowed all programs from firewall I need internet connection for When this failed i disable the firewall -I Some programs cannot connect to internet Win7 ult x64 did a malware Some programs cannot connect to internet Win7 ult x64 scan and everything is clean I switch to another windows partition on my hard drive and it the same issue Some Blocked applications Minecraft Amazon Zocalo Sync Skype Some Working applications All internet browsers Steam Filezilla Sublime uTorrent Kindle Thanks for help Ipconfig all result below Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name Denis-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address -BF- - -FC- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f f d b a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January Lease Expires January Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E - - D- - B- - - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d df c b Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe df c b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled

A:Some programs cannot connect to internet Win7 ult x64

When i disabled the firewall nothing happened, this was because AVG firewall was still in place.
After disabling both it now work for some reason.
On my other partition of windows 7 i also have AVG installed.

I updated AVG and All is well.
Thanks for your help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357465-some-programs-cannot-connect-internet-win7-ult-x64.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,
I've reinstalled Windows 7(Ultimate 64 bit), installed my wireless adapter driver but I can't connect to the internet, usually it doesn't find any network and when it does, it claims that it couldn't connect to the network.
If it matters, my wireless adapter is Edimax EW-7612UAn.
What should I do?

A:Can't connect to the internet after reinstalling WIN7

Welcome aboard, KingKenny1

Place the driver CD in the DVD drive, right click on the computer icon on the desktop and Choose "manage" in the context menu. It will open the computer management window.

Click Device Manager > Expand Network Adapters > Right click on the result > Update driver software

In the resulting dialog, click on "browse my computer for driver software"
The update procedure will find the appropriate driver and will install it properly.

Then, the network should be connected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243383-cant-connect-internet-after-reinstalling-win7.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Win avast hostman M a router to but connect Can not Win7 Internet TD-v evo usb mobo Win7 Can connect to router but not Internet Got a new desktop computer been trying to get it to connect to the internet via wired connection however it cannot in win -can connect to the internet if i use express gate -can connect to the router -can see and ping others on the network -others can see and ping me on the network -renews its ip if i set the computer s ip in the router Things ive tried Stack fix Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock reset catalog Reset IPv TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ipv reset reset log Reset IPv TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ipv reset reset log Uninstalling and Reinstalling drivers Disabled Avast hostman and firewall Reset router Power cycled Router after disconnecting all devices and connecting with the problem one first Changed the cable Connected other computers up with that cable they all got internet Ping websites Fail but can ping anything on the network Called the ISP to have them do their diagnostics and to test and reset the connection no luck Thanks in advance for the help nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Please help! 

I've recently installed Win7 on my Macbook Pro, and everything seemed to be running fine... until I finally got around to browsing the internet on the "PC side". At first, I could load some pages on internet explorer, but shortly after I installed Chrome, and updated IE nothing would load anymore. I suspect it is some sort of internet malware, since all my browsers have "www-search.net/?s=E8Myobryu02482,e390-4b8d-b67d-1f41a741228,&pi=2&vp=bp" as the home page address.

Some notes: 
I've installed and run Spywareblaster, Malwarebytes, and 360 Total security... and nothing has been detected.
Windows updates still download and have been installed. 
The Wifi says connected, and I can definitely browse on the "Mac side" 
Chrome notes that the problem is Error code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET, if that gives any clues to what's going on. 
I really appreciate the help and advice, thanks!

A:Win7 can't connect to the internet anymore

Hello, 

Start with the following, and let me know how you get on.

STEP 1 AdwCleaner
Please download AdwCleaner and save the file to your Desktop.
Right-Click AdwCleaner.exe and select  Run as administrator to run the programme.
Follow the prompts. 
Click Scan. 
Upon completion, click Report. A log (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open. Briefly check the log for anything you know to be legitimate. 
Ensure anything you know to be legitimate does not have a checkmark, and click Clean. 
Follow the prompts and allow your computer to reboot. 
After rebooting, a log (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open. Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.
-- File and registry key backups are made for anything removed using this tool. Should a legitimate entry be removed (otherwise known as a 'false-positive'), simple steps can be taken to restore the entry. Please do not overly concern yourself with the contents of AdwCleaner[R0].txt.
 STEP 2 Junkware Removal Tool (JRT)
Please download Junkware Removal Tool and save the file to your Desktop.
Note: If you unchecked any items in AdwCleaner, please backup the associated folders/files before running JRT.
Temporarily disable your anti-virus software. For instructions, please refer to the following link.
Right-Click JRT.exe and select  Run as administrator to run the programme.
Follow the prompts and allow the scan to run uninterrupted. 
Upon completion, a log (JRT.txt) will open on your desktop.
Re-enable your anti-virus software.
Copy the contents of JRT.txt and paste in your next reply.

STEP 3 Internet Flush
Press the Windows Key  + r on your keyboard at the same time. Type Notepad and click OK.
Copy the entire contents of the codebox below and paste into the Notepad document.
@echo off
echo Flushing Internet. Please wait... >"%userprofile%\desktop\flushresults.txt"
ipconfig /release >>"%userprofile%\desktop\flushresults.txt" 2>&1
ipconfig /renew >>"%userprofile%\desktop\flushresults.txt" 2>&1
ipconfig /flushdns >>"%userprofile%\desktop\flushresults.txt" 2>&1
netsh winsock reset all >>"%userprofile%\desktop\flushresults.txt" 2>&1
netsh int ipv4 reset >>"%userprofile%\desktop\flushresults.txt" 2>&1
netsh int ipv6 reset >>"%userprofile%\desktop\flushresults.txt" 2>&1
echo. >>"%userprofile%\desktop\flushresults.txt"
echo Finished. Your computer will reboot. >>"%userprofile%\desktop\flushresults.txt"
shutdown -r -t 1
del %0

Click Format. Ensure Wordwrap is unchecked. 
Click File, Save As and name the file flush.bat. 
Select All Files as the Save as type.
Save the file to your Desktop. 
Locate flush.bat  (W8/7/Vista) on your Desktop. Right-click the icon and click  Run as administrator.
Your computer will reboot. If not, please manually reboot. 
After the reboot, a log (results.txt) will be on your Desktop. Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.

======================================================STEP 4 LogsIn your next reply please include the following logs. Please be sure to copy and paste the requested logs, as well as provide information on any questions I may have asked.
AdwCleaner[S0].txt
JRT.txt
flushresults.txt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547571/win7-cant-connect-to-the-internet-anymore/
Relevancy 57.62%

I've posted this problem in other help sites however I have yet to get a good response or a response at all rd one's Computer-wide Can't connect [SOLVED] certain problem. to internet sites the charm Let's hope so Since this is a [SOLVED] Computer-wide internet problem. Can't connect to certain sites internet problem regardless of my internet browser I decided to post it [SOLVED] Computer-wide internet problem. Can't connect to certain sites here Sorry if It's the wrong place This has been a reoccurring problem for the past YEAR The problem is that I can not connect to specific sites These are sites I use to go on A LOT Those websites are the following www runescape com www uppit com www silabsoft org www runelocus com I know that originally my father restricted the internet for a period of time during each day I think it was like am to pm it was off That's besides the point though The problem is that was over a year ago and that restriction was taken off I'm now and since then my computer goes into phases where it won't let me on sites mentioned above These phases usually last for a few months typically or Then all the sudden the sites work again but only for a few days When this problem first was happening I'd get a message when trying to access the sites saying quot This URL is not valid and cannot be loaded quot Most frequent answer to my problem was caused by add-ons themes or cookies on my FireFox which is what I use I completely deleted FireFox off my computer reinstalled FireFox and the problem still was going on It also happens in Internet Explorer and FireFox Safe Mode There's users on my computer Kevin my account administrator Owner dad's account main administrator Guest guest account I don't the password to the Owner account but whenever I need to go on it I could just ask my dad he has no problem with it But if this problem IS a restriction problem is it possible to fix it through MY account Someone please help me out here Like I said it's been a year of this and I'm sick and tired of it I've added a lot of information here If you need to know anything else just ask

A:[SOLVED] Computer-wide internet problem. Can't connect to certain sites

Hi and welcome to TSF!!

I?m sorry you didn?t get any responses on the other sites. Let?s see if we can help you within our rules of engagement.

First thing to do would be to rule out a problem or block on the router side. There could still be RESTRICTIONS in affect either by date and time or even by IP. You will want to check this out or have your dad check it out for you if you do not have access.

Next thing to make sure of is that your system is REALLY clean of viruses and malware that may be interfering with the connectivity.

Once you have ruled out the above, we want to see where the problem with your connectivity lies.

If you want to do some basic troubleshooting you can go into the command prompt on your system and perform a trace route to see where the connection drops, if it drops. Please note, not all providers allow this to complete and some destinations may not respond either.

Access the command prompt:
Hold the WINDOWS key and press the letter R
In the OPEN line type the following:
Cmd
Press the OK button

In the black window that opens type the following:
tracert www.runescape.com
press the ENTER key

Do the above for each of the sites you are having trouble connecting too.

Also, what is the make and model number of your router? Most routers have a LOG file that you can look at to help you resolve some problems also.

Thank you very much!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/solved-computer-wide-internet-problem-cant-connect-to-certain-sites-471354.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Had Wireless Solved: (Win7) and Printers shows my Devices Access points. no longer the following network fully functional for last years Modem netopia dsl router linksys wrt gs WAP linksys wrt g and WAP Linksys wrt g I was always able to click on Devices and Printers in Win and would see the equipment displayed I could also access the router and wireless access points by typing their address in my browser The modem failed after years I purchase a Solved: Devices and Printers (Win7) no longer shows my Wireless Access points. new Netgear N ADSL Modem Router DGN and replaced the failed modem and attached router I made no changes to either WAP s Everything works just fine after about minutes on phone with Netgear Tech to configure but now none of the equipment displays in Devices and Printers Also I cannot connect to either Solved: Devices and Printers (Win7) no longer shows my Wireless Access points. WAP by typing their address in browser I can see the Netgear device when I click on quot network quot in file manager It displays a model number and is labeled a quot gateway quot I m just curious as to why I am no longer able to quot see quot or access the devices Looks like I would have to actually pull the WAP s and connect to them directly if I needed to change their configurations Any insight would be appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Devices and Printers (Win7) no longer shows my Wireless Access points.

You said you made no changes to the WAPs, so if you are using a different IP subnet now (e.g., that router's default 192.168.0.x) that would explain why you cannot "see" the devices that do not have addresses in your current network. When I change routers I change the LAN address to be the same as the replaced router's and change the Dhcp server's address range to be the same as the old one. That way I need make no changes to any static IPs on the network (printer, WAP, camera).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-devices-and-printers-win7-no-longer-shows-my-wireless-access-points.1038218/
Relevancy 56.76%

hi all, im trying to connect my laptop directly to a comcast modem via ethernet.

it works fine on this old desktop w/ xp home sp3 (which is how im typing this) but on my laptop, i plug it in, and it says un identified public network. i rebooted, restet the modem (no router, just a modem) and nothing.

windows 7 ultimate rtm (7600) and if it matters its a dell insprion 2200.

Relevancy 56.76%

i got a new windows HP compaq laptop and i went to the mall where there are lots of free wireless internet internet connect w/ to laptop cant new HP Win7 wireless connections krispy Kreme was where i was at and they had a connection and they gave me the password to connect all of the drivers and everything are working and the wireless connectivity is on etc etc there is no indication of anything cant connect to wireless internet w/ new Win7 HP laptop on the computer not being ready to connect to the wireless network and the computer says that it detects the connection and everything but when i try to connect it just says it cant and it wont give an error report or any other reason as to what the problem could be full bars are detected on the signal strength access is granted from being an unsecured connection cause its free full access or the password is simply given to me and i checked and rechecked connectivity and setup in the computer this seems to be happening with windows a lot but most people are wanting to connect to the wireless from the router in their house but im wondering why cant i connect to the free networks at starbucks and krispy kreme and mcdonalds and all of that even though everything seems fine

A:cant connect to wireless internet w/ new Win7 HP laptop

Hi Chrisv,

What kind of antivirus software are you running?

Check out this thread, too: Cant connect to wireless internet - Vista Forums

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/69849-cant-connect-wireless-internet-w-new-win7-hp-laptop.html
Relevancy 56.76%

So, I'm having that issue to where I can't connect, something to do with my IP configuration. I am connecting through a D-Link usb modem to a wireless router, which is the same setup my wife is using on her desktop to connect to the same router/modem.

Here is a screenshot of my ipconfig:

I saw that gateway is blank, not sure if that matters or not, but possibly it does.. x.x Help?

A:Fresh Win7 install, can't connect to internet.

a 169.x.x.x address shows it cant reach the DHCP server, be it a problem with the adaptor or a problem with the modem.

Have you reinstalled the drivers ? Go onto the manufacturer web site and check for the network drivers. Incorrect drivers can cause the adaptor to perform problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114120-fresh-win7-install-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Im having a serious problem over switch pc internet vista to connect Cant pc via Win7 and here I have been at this for days to no avail I'll try to cover this as thouroughly as possible I just moved in with my parents again and I brought my PC I built it myself so there is no manufacturer I have been trying to connect my mother's office pc and my gaming pc to the internet I was using a linksys switch but for some reason I cant get internet on both pcs at the same time It is always one or the other No matter how many configurations Ive Cant connect vista pc and Win7 pc to internet via switch tried for the plugs no matter how many times I've reset everything My pc is vista don't say anythingm I know I haven't had the money to upgrade Mom's is Win Professional bit On my moms network map it sees my pc the switch the modem and a weird unknown Ive tried so many things I cant even remember them all to list them but they are all beginner level solutions I even bought a new router a netgear port m If I plug Cant connect vista pc and Win7 pc to internet via switch my pc in and reset the modemm I get internet but mom wont Mom only gets internet when shes plugged in alone then reset It's such a strange problem and I'm at my wits end Any suggestions The current details on my profile and attached are of my mom's pc Heather Oh and I forgot to mention I have cable internet via Charter

A:Cant connect vista pc and Win7 pc to internet via switch

What type of internet connection from your ISP do you have....cable, DSL, ADSL? What type of hardware setup do you have...ie...modem to router to switch? Are you using the right cables to make connections....although I hear that the new modems and routers can tell the difference and set accordingly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/216185-cant-connect-vista-pc-win7-pc-internet-via-switch.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I updated to windows 7 ultimate and installed my previous wireless adapters driver and it is all set up fine. But when i click either connect inside the Netgear Genie window (i have a netgear adapter) or the windows connectivity icon i can not connect it says "connecting" brings up the loading icon and then it will say "windows can not connect to this wireless system" I have turned my computer of and back on again, My router of and on again, I have reinstalled my adapter drivers, restored my computer i have tried everything and as usual windows troubleshooting didn't help please help!

A:Upgraded to Win7 Ultimate and now i can't connect to the internet.

What is the model number of the Netgear adapter? Have you looked on the Netgear site for a Windows 7 driver for it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/242524-upgraded-win7-ultimate-now-i-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Running on an Inspiron 1521 with Win7 64-bit Home Premium.  I gave Win10 a week, then rolled it back to the original Win7.  Everything is working EXCEPT I have no network connectivity.  Network center recognizes my home WiFI network, but connection attempts result in "limited connectivity"  (read: no usable connection).  Control Panel - Device Drivers - properties of the various drivers show they are all "operating correctly".
Also working this issue on answers.microsoft.com.  They suggest 1) "rollback is not a good idea" and 2) "reinstall device drivers".

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19984886
Relevancy 56.33%

I have been unable to connect to anything on my wired network for about the last week I don't remember making any changes however I just became unable to connect I having done a little troubleshooting I can connect to Wifi to Connect Wired Devices Can't Devices the shares of my Windows Home Server if I use the IP address The name does not resolve Flushed DNS and restarting DNS server Flushing DNS works on one client to allow Can't Connect Wifi Devices to Wired Devices browsing by the name amp restarting DNS works on the other However neither works after a restart Only my Wifi clients are experiencing this issue My wired clients desktops PS Xbox and Boxee can connect perfectly This issue is not limited to my server I can't connect to shares on my desktop nor print to my wired printer Some network background I have DSL through CenturyLink and have a Linksys E router Sent a test page from one laptop to the printer at pm it finally printed at pm

A:Can't Connect Wifi Devices to Wired Devices

What security software do you have on your wireless machine? Is it part of the same workgroup as the rest of your machines?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/171446-cant-connect-wifi-devices-wired-devices.html
Relevancy 56.33%

System Win Home Premium sp all updated IE updated Private firewall Security essentials reverted from Avast which probably started the problems Malware free Complete scans by Malwarebytes Superantispyware amp security essentials IE problem IE would start hang for - seconds then close to crashes IE on 64 startup, with Win7 internet can't other connect browsers Cleaned cash removed add-ons No help Same IE crashes on startup, can't connect to internet with other browsers Win7 64 response reverted to IE O from by deleting update Updated IE with windows update No help does the same Connection problem Can't connect to internet with other browsers - Firefox server not found Chrome DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET and new install Opera 'Webpage not available' Thunderbird email client also can't connect Suspecting a DNS problem I applied Microsoft fixit to reset TCP IP switched to OpenDNS neither helped still same error messages I tried to access google with IP instead of name no help seems to rule out DNS problem I did a brand new install on Opera with no addons or history same problem seems to rule out rogue addons or bad history with Firefox and chrome my primary browsers I only use IE occasionally Network OK other PC's connect with no problems and I can access files on the problem computer across the network I can update security essentials use windows update and update superantispyware When I ping google com http from cmd I get good results no problem Although I can trasfer files across the network Vice-versa cross-network file updater starts with cannot initialize windows sockets on the problem PC but I can use the same program on another pc to update files on the problem pc I've tried all the available restore points with no results I have a backup from but I'm not sure if it's a system backup Created with win backup I have quest network tools program a network diagnostic toolbox with capabilities I don't understand but that might be of use to an expert here offering diagnostic suggestions Other stuff I've tried windows Diagnose connection problems Disabled Firewall Safe mode with networking None helped the problem To summarize Win PC updated malware free can't connect to internet with multiple browsers DNS problem ruled out but can ping google amp update some software IE crashes on startup Error message cannot initialize windows sockets Insights and suggestions needed and appreciated Perplexed MrToad

A:IE crashes on startup, can't connect to internet with other browsers Win7 64

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532696/ie-crashes-on-startup-cant-connect-to-internet-with-other-browsers-win7-64/
Relevancy 56.33%

My wifi router is normally placed on the first floor. When I go upstairs and try to connect to my laptop wifi to the internet, it will not work. The problem is, my laptop cannot find the network on the wifi list. I've been using the wifi on my laptop in my room upstairs for years yet all of a sudden today it stopped working.

I tested it with my phone on the exact same spot as my laptop and the internet connected just fine.

I moved my laptop to the basement and also tried the first floor and it worked fine. The Network Adapter driver is working fine from what I've seen.

Could it be because there is a setting on my laptop that it will not try to look for the wifi that is not close enough? If there is any missing information feel free to ask. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/390676-no-longer-able-connect-internet-using-my-laptop-wifi-win7.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello Recently my parents bought a new Compaq CQ laptop with Windows installed They brought it with them on a trip will CQ56, connect Win7+Norton IE 360: Internet not Presario except to to my home city this Christmas They also installed Norton I have worked with the computer for two days It runs IE but no other browsers I can install FF but it returns error pages unable to connect I tried installing Opera Safari and Chrome but cannot the installations themselves fail Even if I connect with an ethernet cable none of these will install and FF will not run I've added Firefox to the Norton firewall settings It made no difference I have never seen anything like Presario CQ56, Win7+Norton 360: will not connect to Internet except IE this happen on any laptop before It is beyond frustrating How can a laptop run one browser and not any other Presario CQ56, Win7+Norton 360: will not connect to Internet except IE I have no idea if this is a Windows issue or a Norton issue I've added Firefox to the Norton firewall but it made no difference I do not understand why the Compaq allows IE to connect to the Internet but not Presario CQ56, Win7+Norton 360: will not connect to Internet except IE one other program Even the Norton LiveUpdate cannot connect I've tried this using the Compaq wirelessly or with ethernet cable Has anyone else every experienced this If anyone has any insight into why this is happening I'd be very grateful for advice guidance solutions Thank you

A:Presario CQ56, Win7+Norton 360: will not connect to Internet except IE

Quote: Originally Posted by podbay

.: Hello. Recently my parents bought a new Compaq CQ56 laptop with Windows 7 installed. They brought it with them on a trip to my home city this Christmas. They also installed Norton 360.

I have worked with the computer for two days. It runs IE8, but no other browsers. I can install FF, but it returns error pages, unable to connect. I tried installing Opera, Safari and Chrome, but cannot: the installations themselves fail.

Even if I connect with an ethernet cable, none of these will install, and FF will not run.

I've added Firefox to the Norton 360 firewall settings. It made no difference.

I have never seen anything like this happen on any laptop before. It is beyond frustrating. How can a laptop run one browser and not any other?

I have no idea if this is a Windows 7 issue or a Norton issue. I've added Firefox to the Norton firewall, but it made no difference. I do not understand why the Compaq allows IE8 to connect to the Internet, but not one other program. Even the Norton 360 LiveUpdate cannot connect. I've tried this using the Compaq wirelessly, or with ethernet cable.

Has anyone else every experienced this? If anyone has any insight into why this is happening, I'd be very grateful for advice, guidance, solutions!

Thank you

It is a setting in IE.

Go to tools>internet options>connections>Lan settings>UNCHECK auto detect settings.
If that is not it then Its norton.

ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/133810-presario-cq56-win7-norton-360-will-not-connect-internet-except-ie.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a client who indicated they have one of their 4 office pcs that, when starting up for the 1st time in the morning, will not connect to the internet. They say, they have to restart it again, and then it will connect, and subsequent restarts throughout the day work fine...

I am scheduled to check out this PC next week, so I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on what might be causing this, and/or what I should investigate?

This is a general use PC, which is only used a few times during the day (by multiple persons), and typically only for viewing web sites and checking email. With the exception of possibly one employee, users do not know much about PCs and I don't believe anyone has altered the PC settings. Up until about a month ago, this PC had worked flawlessly..

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

A:Win7 Startup 1st thing in the Morning won't connect to Internet

Check if they are also powering off their internet modem at night. I've seen cases where everything is powered off at night, in the morning they power the PC and Modem on at the same time, but the PC boots up faster than the modem connects and synch's with the ISP end. Thus there is no connection because the modem was not "ready". Subsequent PC boots are OK because the Modem is now ready for operation.

Generally, its best to leave the modem on at all times. But, if they want to power it off, they need to power it on first and wait until its "ready" and then power on the PC(s).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/392887-win7-startup-1st-thing-morning-wont-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My Dad lives 3000 miles away, is not computer savvy at all, and has a Windows XP Home Edition computer I need to control to fix some problems he has. I am on a Win 7 Home Premium computer. Can I connect to my Dad's PC and control it from my computer? I had heard that Win Xp Home does not support this. ??? If Win XP Home can be remotely controlled, I need to know how to set up my end as well as what my Dad needs to do. Hopefully the latter is not too complex as he (Dad) will not be able to do it.

Thanks.

Phil

A:Remote Connect? Win7 PC Controlling WinXP Home PC via Internet

Try TeamViewer. You will need to have the app installed on both PC's....it works great. I use it all the time. Very user friendly, easy to setup and use.

TeamViewer Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/237180-remote-connect-win7-pc-controlling-winxp-home-pc-via-internet.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Internet speed on my PC is slow. All other devices connected trough wireless have great internet speed. This started 2 days ago. Now videos on YouTube are loading very very slowly (It takes so much time that I even cant watch video). I called my ISP (or what ever is that called) provider and they said that all is right with my connection and that I should have fine internet speed. So what is the problem and how do I fix it?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6143 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 410865 MB, Free - 111703 MB; D: Total - 453867 MB, Free - 165623 MB; E: Total - 89032 MB, Free - 73582 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5QL/EPU
Antivirus: Avira Desktop, Updated and Enabled

A:Solved: Slow internet but other devices connected trough wireless have fine internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-internet-but-other-devices-connected-trough-wireless-have-fine-internet.1062380/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

I am trying to print from my new computer and have tried sharing permissions etc. and downloaded a driver but it might be wrong. What do I need to do?

The XP computer has the printer connected to it. I would like to print in current set up and be able to connect to new 7 computer direct.

Thanks for any help.

A:New Win7 connect 2 WinXP computer's printer.

Forgot to say the printer is Epson D92.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/138209-new-win7-connect-2-winxp-computers-printer.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I did this with my vista laptop, but I can't find information on how to do it on 7. I'm trying to get my XBOX 360 to use my computer as a router basically.

A:Setting up a computer so other devices can use internet off of them

Do you have 2 Ethernet cards on your laptop? OR are you connected wirelessly and wanna connect the xbox through wired Ethernet?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/135801-setting-up-computer-so-other-devices-can-use-internet-off-them.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Sate of connection red x over network tray icon Can t connect through wireless or wired connection If I try automatic troubleshooting it says it couldn t identify the problem I ve tried Googling for a while and have tried Winsock Winsock reg key deletes several netsh cmd resets uninstalled and reinstalled hardware routers through software not physically In device manager I have the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller and can't to Win7 Laptop connect SysInfo-Components>Network>Protocol=Empty internet. Realtek RTL SE b g n WiFi Adapter both running supposedly Initially they both had caution symbols on them but i uninstalled reinstalled and now they are clear of symbols In quot IPConfig quot the only thing that appears are VMware Network Adapters they are supposed to be there and a quot Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface quot - not sure what that is Something else is definitely a major problem When I open up quot System Information quot then navigate through Components gt Network gt Protocol the entire list which should Win7 Laptop can't connect to internet. SysInfo-Components>Network>Protocol=Empty have items is empty Any ideas Edit This laptop s networking has been fine for the past months Win7 Laptop can't connect to internet. SysInfo-Components>Network>Protocol=Empty I ve had it I usually leave it on but turn it off a couple times a week Yesterday I turned it off and had it off for about - hours When I turned it back on the connection was not working and the above issues arose nbsp

A:Win7 Laptop can't connect to internet. SysInfo-Components>Network>Protocol=Empty

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-laptop-cant-connect-to-internet-sysinfo-components-network-protocol-empty.1054815/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey everyone Normally I can fix the computer issues that i stumble upon by searching the web but this time it has me completely stumped It started a few days ago but it was only today that i noticed the issue The problem is that whenever either me or my girlfriend turn on our computer the internet shutdown for everyone and as far as i can downs internet all for Computer devices turning tell the only real way to get it back up reliably has been to reset the router I have not been able to find any connection as to why this happens since no of the pc s have set IP s nor do that have the same preferred IP I honestly have no idea how to fix this problem so I seek help here and if there is anything I need to do or share i d be happy to help below I have attached a document with my ipconfig all information which I saw needed in another thread so i figured that it wouldn t hurt to just attachs it from the getgo In advance thanks for the help nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I bought a new Dell computer and then got another brand new dell that they replaced for free because they thought something was wrong with it I returned that one and bought a brand new HP that i still have currently all have had Windows VISTA connect the that 3rd to computer internet, NEW Can't connect! work HELP! BRAND After being on the phone for hours and hours with Microsoft Comcast and Dell there still hasnt been anyone that can resolve the issues I have a Motorola modem thats connect by ethernet cable to a D-Link wireless router but is only used as a medium to connect multiple computers to that motorola router through ethernet cables The connection is good given that i'm typing from my old computer with Windows XP Plug and play and Can't connect to the internet, 3rd BRAND NEW computer that work connect! HELP! the internet works no issues Can this be an issue with the Modem or D-link router Ethenet Cable I can not think of anything else and with the Dell computer s microsoft and dell tried everything physically possible to try to un-install Vista do this and do that with everything Comcast did say that all their modems are Vista friendly and i even tried directly plugging the ethernet cable from the modem to the computer bypassing the router and that didnt work Can't connect to the internet, 3rd BRAND NEW computer that work connect! HELP! One comment that was made was that i had a bad IP address which they tried to fix and that didnt work either Please someone help me Or im going to have to go Can't connect to the internet, 3rd BRAND NEW computer that work connect! HELP! with a brand new computer that has XP and not Vista THANKS

A:Can't connect to the internet, 3rd BRAND NEW computer that work connect! HELP!

anyone?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/202027-cant-connect-internet-3rd-brand-new-computer-work-connect-help.html
Relevancy 53.32%

So most of my family works on laptops but i have one old desktop that i haven t turned on in a while but now I need to get it back connected to the internet for a bit I have a network cable to connect connect to WILL computer network, Old WON'T internet running to it most Old computer WILL connect to network, WON'T connect to internet of my comps run on wireless but this one doesn t have a wireless card and it connects to the network but gives me the quot limited to no activity quot message Last time I turned it off a few months ago it worked fine Troubleshooting so far after rebooting powercycling everything of course connected the network cable to my laptop after disconnecting the wireless worked fine Tried quot repair quot could not renew tried release renew error on renew quot unable to contact your DHCP server tried DNS flush did netsh dump DHCP Client is started and automatic disabled and reenabled the NIC card VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Any thoughts help ideas would be great Just need to get itunes connected to the internet nbsp

A:Old computer WILL connect to network, WON'T connect to internet

Assuming Windows ...

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-computer-will-connect-to-network-wont-connect-to-internet.1095949/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi To give you a brief description of my Home network setup I have a MSI Wind laptop running Win Ultimate x I Media seen can x64 I from x86 be from devices cant but Win7 Win7 have a HP DM laptop running Win Ultimate Media devices can be seen from Win7 x86 but I cant from Win7 x64 x A G Tenda router A DLink DNS- NAS So the other day I got myself a DLink DNS- from a local computer store because my two laptops are starting to fill up and my files are all over the place After transferring all my from both laptops to the NAS Both laptops are running so much slower than before so I decided to give both a quot fresh start quot and made a clean install on both Everything went smoothly for both installations Then I started discovering my new NAS and I discovered that aside from storing my files it can also stream my media files which is great So I configured which files can be streamed to my Home network and everything is good to go Out of the fresh installed Win Ultimate x on my MSI Wind when I go to Windows Explorer gt gt Network I can see this http img photobucket com albums v ds msiwind png FIleCenter is the NAS with UPNP on UPNP is enabled is supported by my router too When I clicked FileCenter in Media Devices there was a quick installation of some sort then my Windows Media Player opened up and I noticed in the Library there is a quot FileCenter quot library under the quot Other Libraries quot When I clicked it I can see all the file I set as streamable I even watched streaming movies from my NAS just to give it a try No glitch whatsoever So I turned my HP DM laptop running also on a clean installed Win Ultimate x I wanted to do the same setup with my MSI Wind that I can access my media files straight out of WMP Now this is the part where I noticed something is different When I go to Windows Explorer gt gt Network I only see this http img photobucket com albums v oads hpdm png I cant see a quot Media Devices quot column unlike with my MSI Wind I opened my WMP and tried if it can detect the streaming from my NAS but the quot FileCenter quot library is not appearing either I tried rebooting the HP DM nothing happened I tried rebooting them booth same thing MSI Wind can detect and play my streaming media files without any problem but my HP DM cant I can just see the NAS a part of my Home network as shown in the picture but no sign of streaming Now I have them both on my table connecting to the router thru wifi but still the scenario is the same I didnt really changed anything from either laptops I just installed their individual drivers Please help Arjay

A:Media devices can be seen from Win7 x86 but I cant from Win7 x64

I finally found the culprit! Its my Nod32 Smart Security. It somehow blocks the discovery of these network media devices. A little tweaking on the Personal Firewall settings to make it less strict did it

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/255808-media-devices-can-seen-win7-x86-but-i-cant-win7-x64.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey,
I've formatted my computer(Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit), then I downloaded my wireless adapter driver from my manufacturer's website, installed it and tried to join my home network but it couldn't connect it(or my neighbor's network, which I could access before formatting the computer).
Is there any solution?

Relevancy 52.46%

I have just rebuilt a laptop for a friend. I downloaded the latest drivers for the wireless connection from Acer website. They have installed correctly.

I can connect the laptop to the router by wireless and I can browse the local network and see the other PC's BUT the internet is shown as not connected. Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit. Other wireless devices (iPad for instance connect to the internet fine).

I have re-booted the router.

Anyone got any ideas?

A:Solved: Unable to connect to internet but can connect to router.

Same with an ethernet connection?

Type the following commands:

IPCONFIG /ALL

ping 8.8.4.4

ping yahoo.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-internet-but-can-connect-to-router.1106274/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone I have three computers connected wirelessly to the same router Two of them are working perfectly and are able to connect to the router via One of them cannot It can t connect to or to any page on the internet Internet Explorer comes up with the message Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Firefox gives a similar message Here is the info that I got with ip config all Windows IP Configuration Host Name President-Eden Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed connect Laptop to too to Unable Solved: internet. cannot connect to 10.1.1.1. IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FA- -B - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d f b Preferred Solved: Laptop cannot connect to internet. Unable to connect to 10.1.1.1. too IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - A-E - - - - B- A- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - B- A- - DHCP Enabled Solved: Laptop cannot connect to internet. Unable to connect to 10.1.1.1. too Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D ADEE- B - F F- E-C B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E BA-CDDA- -AAEE-C E E br CF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes suggestions anyone thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop cannot connect to internet. Unable to connect to 10.1.1.1. too

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-cannot-connect-to-internet-unable-to-connect-to-10-1-1-1-too.892711/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Dell inspiron running windows 7 (64) and it connects to the wireless router but doesn't get internet. All of my other devices, including another dell laptop, connect with no problems. I tried connecting it directly with an ethernet cable and it still didn't get internet. I've also tried turning off any firewalls. Any help would be most appreciated.

Relevancy 52.03%

The specs for my computer are:

Fatal1ty AN9 motherboard
1 gig ram
2.2 dual core athlon 64 processor
7300gs geforce 256mb nvidia.

I recently formatted my computer and reinstalled windows onto the computer, and now when i try to go on the internet it doesnt even recognize that i have any internet plugged in or devices for the internet to be plugged into.

I installed the abit nforce chipset drivers from the CD i got with the computer and i have tried installing other nforce drivers instead but i'm getting nowhere with the computer recognizing i have ethernet adapters. My computer has two! bloody nora.

anyways i was just wondering if anyone has any ideas how i can get my computer to recognise these, i have tried a lot of things but it's not even showing my adapter under the network adapters or any tab in Device Manager. I am at a loss:<

Please help, Thanks. Jimbob

A:Solved: no internet connection and no devices detected

Well, you're at the right place. Are you sure the NIC's are enabled in the BIOS? Once you load the chipset drivers, they should show up in device manager.

My Fatal1ty MB only has one NIC, did I get cheated?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-internet-connection-and-no-devices-detected.594634/
Relevancy 52.03%

Strangest thing happened today A couple of my devices quit working on my wifi I ll start with what wifi, internet Solved: devices not accesses but I have Dell inspiron Desktop Works on wifi and internet iPad works on wifi but doesn t access the internet HP Laptop Accesses Solved: devices accesses wifi, but not internet wifi but no internet HP Printer Accesses wifi router CradlePoint CTR Everything was working fine this morning Sometime today my iPad couldn t access the internet Naturally I figured the internet was down or my modem needed rebooted I rebooted both my modem and my router Still no internet on my iPad Contacted the internet provider and they said the internet is working fine on their end Noticed after that my Desktop is working fine Went back to my iPad and went into the settings and did a quot forget network quot and logged back onto my network Logs in but no internet Tried switching to my quot guest network quot no internet I can log onto my router via my iPad and it is showing internet connection and the clients that are on my network Later on I decided to fire up my work Laptop which was working this morning and it also can access my network but no internet connection I then came back to my desktop and opened my browser and went to my router page On my desktop I get a message Stale DNS Detected Your computer is using a stale IP address for the requested domain Please restart your web browser and or computer to correct this problem This is on the computer that is working On the iPad when I go to my router page I get the log in screen and can navigate in my router fine any suggestions nbsp

A:Solved: devices accesses wifi, but not internet

update: I did a flushdns on my laptop and got it back online. So, I researched how to do that on my iPad and went into General, Reset, Reset Network Settings.....Now on the iPad, I get a message, "can't join network"..even tried removing all security on my network, and it still won't join.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-devices-accesses-wifi-but-not-internet.1128161/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I have a Windows XP and have recently been having some virus issues I have used Avira AVG Malwarebytes Spybot etc to scan my computer and remove a lot of the corrupted files The problem I am having now is that any external device I plug in to and usb card computer. readers my in memory external devices not are devices showing my computer hard-drives thumb drives iphone ipod and memory cards through any of my external usb devices and memory card readers are not showing devices in my computer. usb and card external usb devices and memory card readers are not showing devices in my computer. reader slots are not being recognized in quot my computer quot The slots do work in the sense that the external hard-drives light up and the disc spins I can charge my iphone and ipod through my usb but my computer does not find them so I cannot access the external hard-drives memory cards or sync iphone and ipod Also I can hook up these same devices to other computers without any issues I have uninstalled and reinstalled all of the usb drivers tried safe mode and multiple other things I ve read from other forums I was also getting the quot windows no disk exception processing error quot that I was unable to resolve by any of the proposed methods such as renaming drives etc I ended up downloading a patch to make this error go away but it just stops the error from popping up it doesn t actually fix the problem I am guessing this might be related to my current problem but it may also be a result of some of the spyware and trojans I have had and what I deleted from my computer to clear up these viruses Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated I really want my computer to be able to read an external hard-drive so I can at least back up the information on my computer Please let me know if you need more information from me in order to help and thank you very much in advance nbsp

A:external usb devices and memory card readers are not showing devices in my computer.

Scan you computer with "Microsoft AutoPlay Repair Wizard". It will scans your computer devices to find defective AutoPlay settings, and attempts to fix those it finds.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c680a7b6-e8fa-45c4-a171-1b389cfacdad&DisplayLang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-usb-devices-and-memory-card-readers-are-not-showing-devices-in-my-computer.822138/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello quot Internet Explorer is using a proxy server on this computer to connect to the Internet quot Hitman Pro gives me that message when I do a scan and is unable to repair the problem I did all steps suggested at this link as that person s problem was very similar to mine http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html quot internet proxy quot None of the procedures and suggestions contained at that link to Explorer to this is Internet Internet connect the using computer a server on proxy have worked Also Symantec s quot Norton Power Eraser quot reports two problems m wshlex dll shell extension and deaddiskdoctor directory I have now done the steps at this link http www bleepingcomputer com Internet Explorer is using a proxy server on this computer to connect to the Internet forums Internet Explorer is using a proxy server on this computer to connect to the Internet topic html quot Preparation Guide For Use Before Internet Explorer is using a proxy server on this computer to connect to the Internet Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help quot I ve pasted the DDS txt file immediately after this and attached the Attach txt and Ark txt files Thank you very much for your assistance DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV avast Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D AV ESET Smart Security On-access scanning disabled Outdated E E D - - F - FB -D ACA F C FW Online Armor Firewall enabled B DAA - E E- - BB -D F A Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Tall Emu Online Armor OAcat exeC Program Files Tall Emu Online Armor oasrv exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files a-squared Free a service exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exeC Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exeC Program Files UPHClean uphclean exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exeC Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exeC Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exeC Program Files Tall Emu Online Armor oaui exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exeC Program Files AntiLogger AntiLogger exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exeC PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES GRASS VALLEY PROCODER Kernel PNXSERVR exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL DRIVERS W X fpdisp exeC Program Files Tall Emu Online Armor OAhlp exeC Program Files Sandboxie SbieCtrl exeC PROGRAM FILES SIBER SYSTEMS AI ROBOFORM RoboTaskBarIcon exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files zabkat xplorer xplorer UC exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files HAS HAS exeC Program Files PeerBlock peerblock exeH Firefox Portable FirefoxPortable FirefoxPortable exeC Program Files Sandboxie SandboxieRpcSs exeC Program Files Sandboxie SandboxieDcomLaunch exeH Firefox Portable FirefoxPortable App Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp news google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localBHO KeyScramblerBHO Class b f - a - - e -c b bc e - c program files keyscrambler KeyScramblerIE dllBHO RoboForm d a - d - d - - e a - c program files siber systems ai roboform roboform dllBHO InlineSearchHandleHotKeys Class b ffe ae- d - f-b -fe ffb cf - c program files ieforge inline search InlineSearch dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB... Read more

A:Internet Explorer is using a proxy server on this computer to connect to the Internet

Hello dannya98, My name is Syler and I will be helping you to solve your malware issues. Sorry for the delayin replying, we are very busy at the moment.Please note because we are very busy, if I don't hear from you within 5 days the topic will be closed, If youhave since resolved your issues I would appreciate if you would let me no so I can close this topic.Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereNote: If you already have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, just update then run it.Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan (the scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient).When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply .Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following bold text.%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exenetsvcsmsconfigdrivers32CREATERESTOREPOINTPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedThen please post back here with the following logs: MBAM log OTL.txt Extra.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/343709/internet-explorer-is-using-a-proxy-server-on-this-computer-to-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I have a very peculiar problem I m trying to connect my desktop to my laptop over the WLAN Both computers are connected to the router as well as I ve got no problems sharing files to my PS via media servers But connecting the two computers is impossible I ve tried everything I can think of I ve tried connecting the two both using Homegroup services and in the old fashion way without the Homegroup service using only IPv The only way I can make them connect to each other is to use a crossed cable This works without problems a but cable Win7 Any works. over PC's crossed WLAN, Solved: two connect ideas? Can't using static IPs I also tried to connect the two PCs by making an Ad-Hoc but again they were troubling to connect So to me it seems like firewall settings and sharing in general works ok but making it work over WLAN is very troublesome If you could give me some advices what to try it would be very appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Solved: Can't connect two Win7 PC's over WLAN, but a crossed cable works. Any ideas? Q-PRO Rev xx MS C BLWL Antivirus AntiVir Desktop Updated and Enabled Windows IP-konfigurasjon in Norwegian Vertsnavn Konkelimonke Prim r DNS-suffiks Nodetype Hybrid IP-ruting aktivert Nei WINS Proxy aktivert Nei S keliste for DNS-suffiks WN- R Tr dl st LAN-kort Wireless - USB Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks WN- R Beskrivelse USB Wireless LAN Card Fysisk adresse - F-CF- - - DHCP aktivert Ja Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja Koblingslokal IPv -adresse fe c d fc b Foretrukket IPv -adresse Foretrukket Nettverksmaske Leieavtale inng tt april Leieavtale utl per april Standard gateway DHCP-server DHCPv -IAID DHCPv klient-DUID - - - - - B- - C- - - -DF- -E DNS-servere NetBIOS over Tcpip Aktivert Ethernet-kort Local Area Connection Disabled Medietilstand Medium frakoblet Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks Beskrivelse TAP-Win Adapter V Fysisk adresse -FF- -DD- -E DHCP aktivert Ja Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja Ethernet-kort Local Area Connection Disabled Medietilstand Medium frakoblet Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks Beskrivelse Atheros AR AR AR PCI-E Ethern et Controller Fysisk adresse - - - -FD- DHCP aktivert Nei Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja Tunnelkort isatap DD E - - -A -CC F EA E Disabled Medietilstand Medium frakoblet Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks Beskrivelse Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Fysisk adresse - - - - - - -E DHCP aktivert Nei Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja Tunnelkort Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks Beskrivelse Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Fysisk adresse - - - - - - -E DHCP aktivert Nei Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja IPv -adresse ef fd b f c a b a Fore trukket Koblingslokal IPv -adresse fe b f c a b a Foretrukket Standard gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Deaktivert Tunnelkort isatap WN- R Medietilstand Medium frakoblet Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks WN- R Beskrivelse Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Fysisk adresse - - - - - - -E DHCP aktivert Nei Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja nbsp

A:Solved: Can't connect two Win7 PC's over WLAN, but a crossed cable works. Any ideas?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU U4100 @ 1.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4027 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1821 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 464838 MB, Free - 77319 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire 4810T, Base Board Version, LXPKQ020790011EC452000
Antivirus: AntiVir Desktop, Updated and Enabled

Windows IP-konfigurasjon

Vertsnavn . . . . . . . . . . . : Acer
Primær DNS-suffiks . . . . . . . :
Nodetype . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP-ruting aktivert . . . . . . . : Nei
WINS Proxy aktivert . . . . . . . : Nei
Søkeliste for DNS-suffiks . . . . : WN-200R

Trådløst LAN-kort Trådløs nettverkstilkobling 5:

Medietilstand . . . . . . . . . . : Medium frakoblet
Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks :
Beskrivelse . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #
Fysisk adresse . . . . . . . . . : 00-1E-64-38-F8-33
DHCP aktivert . . . . . . . . . . : Ja
Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert : Ja

Ethernet-kort Lokal tilkobling 2:

Beskrivelse . . . . . . . . . . : TAP-Win32 Adapter V9
Fysisk adresse . . . . . . . . . : 00-FF-ED-97-E8-9F

Trådløst LAN-kort Trådløs nettverkstilkobling:

Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks : WN-200R
Beskrivelse . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN
Fysisk adresse . . . . . . . . . : 00-1E-64-38-F8-32
Koblingslokal IPv6-adresse. . . . : fe80::ecd0:ae2d:4a4e:d39b%12(Foretrukket)

IPv4-adresse. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2(Foretrukket)
Nettverksmaske . . . . . . . . . .: 255.255.255.0
Leieavtale inngått. . . . . . . . : 7. april 2011 14:34:50
Leieavtale utløper. . . . . . . . : 10. april 2011 14:34:49
Standard gateway . . . . . . . . .: 192.168.1.254
DHCP-server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254
DHCPv6-IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 318774884
DHCPv6 klient-DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-12-D9-C7-4A-00-26-2D-7C-33-20

DNS-servere . . . . . . . . . . . : 213.46.172.36
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Aktivert

Ethernet-kort Lokal tilkobling:

Beskrivelse . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con
troller
Fysisk adresse . . . . . . . . . : 00-26-2D-7C-33-20
DHCP aktivert . . . . . . . . . . : Nei

Tunnelkort isatap.WN-200R:

Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks : WN-200R
Beskrivelse . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Fysisk adresse . . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

Tunnelkort isatap.{ED97E89F-12EE-4CCA-9663-D507541855A4}:

Beskrivelse . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnelkort Lokal tilkobling* 3:

Beskrivelse . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6-adresse. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:5ef5:79fd:34de:3f9a:c10a:b48a(Fore
trukket)
Koblingslokal IPv6-adresse. . . . : fe80::34de:3f9a:c10a:b48a%18(Foretrukket)

Standard gateway . . . . . . . . .: ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Deaktivert

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-two-win7-pcs-over-wlan-but-a-crossed-cable-works-any-ideas.990179/
Relevancy 51.17%

Dear Techspot Forums I am having some serious problems with my computer that I m hoping you can assist me with My computer is currently connected to my wireless Linksys device and everything is working properly My laptop that I m typing connected doesn't connect Computer but Internet Internet is to this forum on now is working great and always connects when I turn it on My computer however does not Computer is connected to Internet but Internet doesn't connect connect The computer shows that it is connected to my Linksys device but upon clicking on the internet button it says quot webpage can not be displayed quot The bottom right hand corner of my screen shows quot limited connectivity quot with a small yellow triangle This icon has shown in the past but I ve still been able to connect with it I m not sure what to do I ve done everything from repairing running full system Norton scans to downloading a winsock repairer from a flashdrive and trying that on the computer When I run the winsock and click quot fix quot it says quot registry import information not found quot Because I cannot connect norton security is out of date and I cannot conduct buisness on it Any information would be most helpful nbsp

A:Computer is connected to Internet but Internet doesn't connect

Remove Norton completely if you can. Download a program like Malwarebytes and a temp file cleaner like this:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/

Run these programs, restart when you are told and try connecting to the Internet once more. I suggest that you try Microsoft Security Essentials before you revert to Norton

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-is-connected-to-internet-but-internet-doesnt-connect.181786/
Relevancy 51.17%

hi heres my hijack can you help me find what is causing my browsers not to connect to internet even though the computer has internet outlook works ipconfig gives numberz thank you in advanceLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved connect computer internet but connected explorer, to to is with Can't internet at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec program files a-squared free a Can't connect to internet with explorer, but computer is connected to internet service exeC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS System pctspk exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Browser Mouse Can't connect to internet with explorer, but computer is connected to internet Browser Mouse MOUSE A EXEC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I C EXEC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIADA EXEC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC Program Files Maxtor Sync SyncServices exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Can't connect to internet with explorer, but computer is connected to internet Program Files Maxtor OneTouch Status maxmenumgr exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeC PROGRA Dantz RETROS retrorun exeC Program Files Common Files SafeNet Sentinel Sentinel Keys Server sntlkeyssrvr exeC Program Files Common Files SafeNet Sentinel Sentinel Protection Server WinNT spnsrvnt exeC WINDOWS system ssoftsrv exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System Tablet exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter OdHost exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter WPC Cfg exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost R - URLSearchHook Yahoo u C - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar Yahoo u C - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exeO - HKLM Run PCTVOICE pctspk exeO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run LWBMOUSE C Program Files Browser Mouse Browser Mouse MOUSE A EXEO - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus C Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I C EXE P quot EPSON Stylus C Series quot O quot LPT quot M quot Stylus C quot O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus C Series Copy C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I C EXE P quot EPSON Stylus C Series Copy quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus C quot O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus CX Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIADA EXE P quot EPSON Stylus CX Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus CX quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot c Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O ... Read more

A:Can't connect to internet with explorer, but computer is connected to internet

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.----------------------------------------------Can you try this:Please download WinsockXPFix from a working machine and copy it to a CD or flash media.Copy the file to the desktop on the non working machine.Double Click on on your desktop.Push the button.Allow your system to reboot.Please let me know if your connection is restored in your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/308772/cant-connect-to-internet-with-explorer-but-computer-is-connected-to-internet/