Windows Support Forum

Solved: Software Recovery Issue

Q: Solved: Software Recovery Issue

Hey everyone, I'm new to this site but I'm hoping I'll be a long term member. I have an issue with my computer and I cannot figure it out what so ever.

Basically, I did a system recover and it all went smooth until I actually booted up my computer. Now that I am here I cannot connect or find any wireless internet connects. I even tried a wired and it still wouldn't connect. I know I may have to update some drivers but is there anyway to do that without having the internet? If anyone could help me with this I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Software Recovery Issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi All,
I accidently formatted My Ex Hdd last Night .. :-( I of course stored all My Photos, Vacation, family etc and being a complete fool didnt back it up..... is there any "FREE" Software out there that can retrieve My Photos and " Un-Format" this HDD ??

Cheers,

Jumbo 1

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

One of my colleagues in the business have deleted a folder from a pen drive. Is there a free software available that will allow me to do so? becuase all the trial version just scan and dont allow me to retrieve the deleted folder for FREE??

thanks for your help.

A:[SOLVED] recovery Software

Hello

Try this:

http://www.recuva.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-recovery-software-322557.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I was doing a reinstall of windows the other day and it began installing it on one of my other drives. Hence it started to reformat it before i realized.

Do anyone know of a software program which may recover the data.

It did not fully reformat it, barely started actually.

I'm trying "Find and Mount" at the moment. It didn't find anything with the intellectual scan, i'm doing a full scan at the moment.

Any insight would be appreciated.

A:Solved: HDD recovery software?

Parted Magic disk partitoning tool (Bootable CD image)
If you prefer a bootable USB key, download and run Linux Live USB Creator. Choose the Parted Magic distro, and it will download it and automatically create a bootable USB key.

PM has some recovery software, including ntfsundelete (which is probably not appropriate in thise case). It also has Testdisk for partition recovery.

Free recovery applications:

Dr. Freeware Boot CD (also has partition tool, drive cloner and imager)
DiskDigger & NTFSWalker
Pandora Recovery (Free for personal use)
Smart Data Recovery
Recover Files
Roadkil's Undelete
Recuva
Restoration
Free Undelete (NTFS only)
Softperfect File Recovery
ADRC Data Recovery Tools
Undelete Plus
Data Recovery
PCI File Recovery
DriveRescue
Ultimate Data Recovery
Disk Investigator

Commercial:

O&O Disk Recovery
Paragon Mount Everything (Mounts any file system, CD/DVD burning, File Manager, Partitioner)
GetDataBack (For FAT or NTFS)
Ontrack EasyRecovery Pro
File Scavenger
Recover My Files
RecoverPlus Pro
Zero Assumption Recovery
[email protected] File Recovery
Final Recovery
Recover4All Professional
Easeus Data Recovery Wizard
NTFS Recovery

(Not all of these are still available.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hdd-recovery-software.952897/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a customer who needs to have his OS reinstalled from the factory restore partition, and one of the files he wants backed up is his AOL "file cabinet". I did some research, and found that it's stored in a *.PFC file, but I can't find this on his hard drive.

Does this file get backed up to AOL's servers, so that it will be downloaded automatically the next time he signs in, or is there another file that it's located in on the hard drive?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 52.89%

Can anyone recommend software (free if possible) to rcover data on a corrupted CD?

A:Solved: CD Recovery software

http://www.runtime.org/data-recovery-software.htm

Free to use. Pay only if the files you need are accessible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cd-recovery-software.902211/
Relevancy 52.46%

I had two SATA drives that had Windows installed and my PC was having problems loading them. I've now installed these ina different PC using a PCI SATA Adapter. However, when I try to access them from Windows it says the file structure is corrupted and they are no readable. This is described in this post...

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/921813-cant-start-windows-harddrive-problems.html

I am wondering if there is any data recovery software I could try that would enable me to access the data on these drives?

Thanks

Relevancy 52.46%

Anyone out there know of a free reliable software recovery utility?

A:Solved: File Recovery Software

What OS (Windows, Linux, Mac) ?

There are several I've tried. For the simple "oops I lost a file" try this one:
Recuva by piriform
http://www.piriform.com/recuva

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-file-recovery-software.976675/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am using an external HDD, with two partitions (NTFS).
I don't know what happened but the second partition is not working and the computer says it has RAW format.

Is there any way I can recover my valuable data?

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello Board first time poster Thank you for taking the time to review my issue I run a small Computer repair services company and am in search of the opinions of others in the field re data recovery software I was using a program called quot ReclaiMe quot My experience with this software Recovery Software Solved: Data so far has been hit and miss I have the older version of ReclaiMe on an XP box I ve used Solved: Data Recovery Software it several times to recover data from quot RAW quot drives its slow and very unreliable as far as being able to actually copy the data once it is quot recovered quot I Solved: Data Recovery Software just Solved: Data Recovery Software purchased the latest version of ReclaiMe I have it installed on two different systems a win box and a win box Neither will even find data from a drive that is seen as quot RAW quot The application searches for about hours and reports quot no data found quot I really need a reliable application that will not have a hard time recovering quot RAW quot drives that are connected via a USB slave cable Any suggestions Thank you all in advance JP nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Is XP KEY CHANGER 2.0.3 the only software that recovers service pack version information (off a computer that won't boot)?

A:[SOLVED] Is KEY CHANGER the only SP recovery software?

If you are just trying to find out what service pack version the hard drive that won't boot is, you could use a bartpe disk or ubcd4win disk and go in and investigate c drive and you could find out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-is-key-changer-the-only-sp-recovery-software-450790.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi!

Can anyone recommend a software/livedisc/anything; that is intermediately easy to use for recovering deleted and formatted partitions and drives? i.e. A good diskrecovery software. It should be able to restore partitions and partition tables, preferably; though, at this point any help is appreciated.

See - http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1055036-cloning-formatted-whole-hd.html

Thanks!

A:Solved: best partition recovery software

Please don't double-post.

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1055036-cloning-formatted-whole-hd.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-best-partition-recovery-software.1055047/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey all,

A co-worker of mine just came back from a family trip to El Salvador. Her brother went ahead and uploaded the vacation pics to his MySpace page.
But when you put the memory card back in the camera, the pics won't show up. It just says the card is not formatted - do you want to format it now?
I've tried tinkering with it several times. It says the same thing when you put the card in a card reader. And the same when you directly plug the camera into a computer via USB.
Is there any software (preferably free) she can use to retrieve her pictures? It's an Olympus camera so the card is xD. I would hate to see her family lose all those pictures.

Thanks

Relevancy 52.03%

I accidentally deleted some pics from Nikon d70 a long time ago and I was wondering if there was any way I can recover them? What software is the absolute best and easiest way to recover the lost photos? Free or paid is fine with me as long as it actually works. Thank you!

Relevancy 52.03%

I have an ASUS Eee PC 1005HA that I have replaced and upgraded the internal HDD. I purchased the Software Recovery CD from ASUS estore to restore the original Win 7 along with a USB external CD/DVD drive. With external drive attached and Recovery CD in the drive, I booted the PC from the Recovery CD. Files were loaded, I went through the questions and selected install recovery software to entire, unpartitioned HDD. Message then read "Recovering system, please wait..." After a few minutes an ASUS Recovery CD/DVD message box popped up reading "Please insert the Recovery CD/DVD and then click OK!" I am unable to proceed past this point. Any ideas? I tried communicating with ASUS technical - what a joke! - and was told to request an RMA to send unit in to service center for service.

Relevancy 51.17%

My husband is trying to Restore to factory settings
He has a Toshiba Qosmio F60
We pressed 0 when starting up and selected Toshiba recovery wizard, it is now stuck at initialising the partition please wait.

I can't send a TSG SysInfo log because I can't get into the computer

Please help.

Thank you

A:Solved: Problem with Recovery of Factory Default Software.

oops in wrong thread it's actually a windows 7 problem

Sorry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-recovery-of-factory-default-software.1021273/
Relevancy 51.17%

I had to do a quick reformat on my second filenames? recovers that software recovery Data Solved: drive it didn t have any sort Solved: Data recovery software that recovers filenames? of windows or other OS installation on it I lost a large amount of files but according to data recovery software like Recuva and iCare Data Recovery they are all still recoverable thank goodness But theres a problem I had allot of different types files sorted into different folders and given special file names some were special projects I was working on and needed the file Solved: Data recovery software that recovers filenames? names to find out what they were When I try using recovery programs It just gives me generic file names like quot file png quot quot file rar quot and etc as it is right now everything is globed together in this huge mess thats going to take me literal months to sort out Is there a program out there for free that recovers your data but in a way that recovers the file name or folder structure I had it in before or if thats asking too much is there a way I can at least get the file names back I know its asking allot but I got to try to see if theres anything else out here before I attempt fixing this gaint mess Thanks for the help nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

anyone know of some free recovery software.
I have about 100 raw images on a 1GB card taken today on my canon PRO1.
the all looked good on review in the camera today - i took the card out and plugged into my PCMCIA on my laptop and it was empty -
put back into camera and the camera says no images

help...please

Relevancy 51.17%

Hey everyone its me again Solved: Parition (or for Recovery loking software similar) im back again looking for some type of program that will let me create like a quot snapshot quot of the way my computer is now so i could always just t to the way it is now for example the dell i have has a restore feature that restores it to the way it came the day i bought it i want something like that that i can restore to the reason i don t want to use the dell one anymore is because i bought Solved: loking for Recovery Parition (or similar) software this computer sometime in - so as you can imagine its a bit outdated also i just finished going through a big hassle of re-installing a Solved: loking for Recovery Parition (or similar) software nice clean version of windows and putting the software i want on it and was wondering if i ever needed to i could just restore it to the way it is now so any recommendations As always Solved: loking for Recovery Parition (or similar) software your help is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

My computer suddenly turned off Checked the power cords nothing wrong and then turned it back on It would not boot up correctly After several Solved: issue recovery Major attempts I went Solved: Major recovery issue into safe mode and began to try and do some saving of files to an external HD This failed I boot and hold f to get into the recovery The selection of quot Windows System Restore quot tells me to click restart which takes me full circle and we go around and around I do not want to do a full recovery and lose everything until it is a last resort I am not able to get into safe mode anymore won t even give me that option screen I can get into the quot Boot Menu quot by pressing Esc at start up Likewise I can get into the Setup by pressing f and Recovery by pressing f If I try to boot without pressing anything I get black screen that says NTLDR is missing Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart then back to square one again My recovery will not work using the f or even when I put the recovery CD into the machine and reboot I have spent countless hours searching this site and have yet to see anyone with my issue of not getting to safemode I called GEEK squad only for price estimate just in case --- to do a recovery and - to do a file backup before they wipe the HD clean HP Pavilion a n ADM Athlon Windows XP Media Center Edition GB RMA I am using my daughters laptop so I at least have access to internet my email and such I have a lot of files I don t want to lose I work days so won t be able to check for replies until the evenings Thanks so much in advance for any help you might be able to give me nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Sigh
Was wondering if any one could help me

I have a HP Pavilion which as some of you might know has its own recovery drive
I need to use my recovery drive because my computer is pretty screwed up right now. how ever when ever i attempt to access my recovery drive i get
STOP: c0000218 {registry file failure}
The registry cannot load the hive (file):
System\roomt\system32\config\security
Or its log alternate
it is corrupt , absent , or not writable

Relevancy 50.74%

Most of the forum searches I've tried for the last several weeks have returned internal server error so I'm down to asking for help with this.

I have a PQI, 4-Gig Compact Flash card that is unreadable. It returns errors that the card needs to be formatted. I need to recover the data on it and I need some suggestions on free tools for the job.

I checked the PQI site and didn't find anything.

A:Solved: Need free recovery software for Compact Flash card

The only thing I know of is SmartRecovery from Convar (http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/smart_recovery/info.htm?language=1). Its mostly limited to looking for media-type files that might be expected from a camera.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-free-recovery-software-for-compact-flash-card.863123/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,I have an HP laptop running windows 8.1. I want to make recovery DVDs but can't find where to do that.The only thing I can come up with is creating a recovery drive with a USB flash drive.
My other question is how do you make it so your mouse snaps to the ok button when you click on something like you could do with previous operating systems.
Thank you.Jane

Relevancy 50.31%

XP boots up--can get to safe mode menu, if I choose last known good configuration it just keeps restarting....if I choose safe mode, keeps restarting. Seems to hang on windows\system32\drivers\Mup.sys

When I boot to XP cd and go to restore menu--I don't get an option to choose 1 or 2. I only get a c:>promopt.

Any suggestions as to what may be the problem? I did try to fixboot and it never got past 27% --2 days worth of letting it sit. It finally froze at the number.

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Toshiba Satellite with a badly damaged windows installation. I want to do a complete re-install but cant start the recovery image from the Windows 7 repair my computer option. I can however access the recovery image from the partition and have copied it to an external USB hard drive. Can anyone tell me how I can start the re-install from the recovery image now on the USB external HD. Can I somehow create some re-install DVDs from this recovery image?

Advice greatly appreciated.

Ian

Relevancy 49.45%

i had upgrade my windows to 8.1, the problem is that i cant install Dell backup & recovery, when i installing and updating PE I get FACTORY SETUP ERROR 5
is there any technical help me please...thx

however...its cant recovery or reset my laptop back to factory image...

just like this photo...
recovery cant... refresh also cant...

A:windows 8.1 recovery problem and install dell backup and recovery software...

just similar same with my problem, my one is factorysetup error 5, i think its different...
however my recovery software uninstalled, because installed new version need to uninstall old version, after it cant install new version....
then ur laptop can launch recovery or not??my one cant just show above picture.....

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19538385
Relevancy 49.45%

I have the same problem.
Recently I updated my PC from windows 8.1 to windows 10.After almost a month I returned back to windows 8.1 from windows 10.
When I tried to install dell backup and recovery (Backup-and-Recovery_Application_64M9D_WN32_1.8.1.71_A00) I got factory error 5.
I cannot refresh my PC from windows also. I am getting the error “could not find the recovery environment”.
Now in command prompt
1. reagentc/info

2. reagentc/enable

3. Exit and reboot.
After the reboot I tried to install dell backup and recovery again. Then also I got the same “factory setup error 5”.

Then I checked the reagent/info in command prompt after reboot. It shows it is disabled.

Please help me.
Thank you

A:windows 8.1 recovery problem and install dell backup and recovery software...

LRKRAO,
Click the link below for information on restoring the OS using DBAR.
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/dell-backup-and-recovery-1-8-1-71/

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19655197
Relevancy 49.45%

My printer quit during an operation. All the sudden the printer is off line. I checked all cords and it seems up and ready but when i print i get the off line warning. It a canon P3500.
Gateway/Emach athelon(single core 64) with 1 gig ram.
Help?
britt

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, I have a problem with my newly got 3 in 1 printer/scanner. My old canon scanner came with with a software that allows me to convert a scan document directly into pdf format. But my new printer/scanner doesn't have this feature. Are there any ways I can make pdf files?

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I m new here and Solved: Issue Installation Software have a problem that has me pulling my hair out Most software installs on Solved: Software Installation Issue my PC without a hitch but there are some apps that just don t want to install I ve been trying specifically to install a program called e-sword I tried downloading it and installing it The installation wizard seemed to work just fine but then when I clicked on the icon it wanted to go through the installation process all over again I tried downloading it with no firewall and installing it with my antivirus program turned off but had the same results I clicked quot install as administrator quot and tried again but same results I went ahead and purchased the installation CD and when I downloaded it to my computer and installed it the same thing happened I have a Gateway DX B with Windows Home Premium An AMD Phenom IIX B processor GB DDR RAM and NVDIA GeForce GT video card Any info or help on this issue would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there Im currently working on issue? Software [SOLVED] or Hardware a pc that is giving me a bit of a hassel [SOLVED] Hardware or Software issue? let me explaine the senorio Pc was working fine and all of a sudden the screen went black i then restarted the pc considering that was my only option I have some experience with computers so i opened it up and replaced the Graphics card with a new one - PC boots up POST is visible but once entering into few xp's desktop screen goes black no beeps amp all harware seems to be working I then replaced [SOLVED] Hardware or Software issue? the PSU with a spare and same problem Replaced the RAM module and same problem Tested the Monitor amp is working I have the motherboard outside the pc with new RAM new PSU new Graphics Card amp original HDD connected but just wont boot into windows with normal display The Motherboard is an early p ASUS P V -MX RAM MB PC New PSU Procase W New AGP ATI Radeon GE CPU GB Cel Socket Oh and i've did the whole trial amp error with the onboard display - same prob Im thinking bout maybe putting a new Hard Drive on and reformating it loading xp and retesting old parts

A:[SOLVED] Hardware or Software issue?

Hi Sublime and welcome to TSF !

Have you tried safe mode or last known good configuration ? Repeatedly press F8 while windows starts.

If safe mode doesn't work with the dedicated video card then unplug the radeon 9550, reset the CMOS, enter the BIOS to check that the video is set to use the onboard GPU and try to get within Windows in safe mode with the onboard video.

Enter the BIOS at startup and tell us about the temps, fan speeds and voltages you'll see in the hardware monitor or pc health status screen (if there's such a screen).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-hardware-or-software-issue-260229.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I had Antivirus system pro take over my pc, i tryed everything to remove it no luck.
Now i just want to reinstall XP FROM MY RECOVERY CD'S.
I have Ibm netvista. when i insert the recovery cd, when i go to
'My computer" and click on drive "D", i can only see a bunch of files in a folder. How do i use recovery cd's?
I went into Bios, but nowhere there is an option to boot up from cd.
I cant do "System restore" ii's disabled
I cannot use "Task manager" disabled
I am being redirected to porn website's whenever i go to use internet
I just want erase everything and do a fresh install

A:[SOLVED] Reinstall issue after using Recovery Disks [moved from Security]

Hi -

It seems the NetVista can be a bit difficult to find the right location in BIOS to change boot order. It might be helpful to know the exact model.

If you're set on restoring the machine, which is often for the best, see if this link helps, scroll down to number 3.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...id=MIGR-4Y67L9

Also, see if these instructions I found work for you.

Boot up PC
Press F1 to enter BIOS screen
Press Enter on Startup Options
Press Enter on Startup Sequence
Use Arrow keys to change boot order

Or, slightly more detailed:

1) Shut down the operating system and turn off your computer.
2) Press and hold down the F1 key, and then turn on the computer.
3) When an IBM or other logo is displayed or if you hear repeating beeps, release the F1 key. The IBM BIOS Setup Utility will start.
4) Select "Start Options" from the first menu.
5) From the Start Options menu, press <Enter> on the top bullet labeled "Startup Sequence" (it is above all the other options). This brings up a new "Startup Sequence" menu.
6) Change boot order as needed using arrow keys.

=========================

If you need further assistance, and want only to reinstall, you'd be better off posting for help in the Windows XP section of the forum, as this section is for malware removal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-reinstall-issue-after-using-recovery-disks-moved-from-security-429889.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello to all.
I was working with the Recovery Console and got the part where it ask for a password. The
problem is I don't have a password. I have no record of ever making a password for this
computer. It is Windows xp Professional with Service Pack 3 from Gateway. I read that if you don't have a password you can type "blank" or" leave blank "and press enter. I don't know which. I can't get that to work. Maybe I am doing something wrong.
I am at at a loss as to what to do. It has a" Intel Pentium 4, 3200 MHz
Processor, 200MH external bus" Is there any work around to getting around the password.
If anyone has any suggestions or references to offer . I would so much appreciate your
help.

best wishes to all

Relevancy 49.02%

ok so I have had a hp pavillion dv tx laptop for a & driver I need help software with Solved: Major issue few years and have had problems with the amd intel dedicated graphics the entire time the major issue is that hp doesnt support the dedicated graphics and I cant get the Solved: Major driver & software issue I need help with right graphics drivers to make it work the way it is supposed to I had to uninstall catalyst control centre and all amd software from my computer to get it to work within the last few months I think either the dedicated graphics is broken which would mean I need to buy a new computer or the drivers are having a worse malfunction then usual now what I m asking is for is advice whether or not to buy a new computer a few links to drivers that I can use and help reinstalling catalyst control centre I have tried to reinstall it but the software does not install properly and catalyst control centre does not work once installed no right click menu or ability to change the switchable graphics Device manager also spazzes out sometimes saying Solved: Major driver & software issue I need help with that the amd graphics isnt even listed and everyday I get a message saying the graphics drivers have stopped working nbsp

A:Solved: Major driver & software issue I need help with

it is a 1gig amd 5650 graphics card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-major-driver-software-issue-i-need-help-with.1096538/
Relevancy 49.02%

hi,

I own a hp deskjet f4288 all in one printer.The software for this is not compatible with the version of windows I use.
I've a windows 7 34 bit premium os.I do not want to download a pirated version so please suggest how to get the appropriate software and use my printer again.

A:Solved: printer software compatibility issue

Here is the support site for the HP Deskjet F4288 All-In-One printer.

It has a full-feature software driver package for Windows 7(32-bit) and Windows 7(64-bit). All you need to do is download and save the file, close all open windows, turn on the printer, double-click the saved file to start the install process, connect the USB cable from the printer to the computer when prompted to, then follow the instructions from there.

If you still have a software driver package installed from an older Windows version, you need to uninstall it and then restart your computer first.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-printer-software-compatibility-issue.978591/
Relevancy 49.02%

Spent about 6 hours today trying to figure out why my zune software stopped working on start up. With constant errors I had to think back what I changed.

Changing some hardware can pose a drm issue with zune. In my case I turned hyperthreading off during some overclock testing and this fooled zune into thinking I had a different cpu.

Just wanted to log the issue here just in case anyone ever had a similar issue.

A:Zune software and Hyperthreading issue (solved)

This is why I still buy CDs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/zune-software-and-hyperthreading-issue-solved.144008/
Relevancy 48.59%

Heya I ve had a couple different posts on here because of some pretty mad malware Basically my comp won t load to the login screen so another member and I determined it was best to do a fresh install Now I have a recovery console on issue. do from Raid won't frehs Solved: driver Recovery load to CD install. my hard drive forgot what program made it and I have the recovery CD The hard drive recovery will accept my raid drivers and send me through however when I try to get to recovery from my DVD it gives me the old fatal error oooooo xb or what not Solved: Recovery won't load from CD to do frehs install. Raid driver issue. Of course I need to utilize the DVD version to install windows and believe it or not I m using the same floppy I used when it work I did mess with my BIOS settings to get something else to work so now I m stuck Can i do a clean install from windows safe mode works regular mode won t or is it absolutely best to do it from Dos recovery nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-recovery-wont-load-from-cd-to-do-frehs-install-raid-driver-issue.929028/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am running Vista Ultimate SP1 on a Compaq C500 (Broadcom 4311 wireless). The Wifi turns on and connects fine, and I can access local resources, but the PC cannot connect to the Internet when running Vista. Luckily, it's a dual boot, so I booted up XP - Wifi and Internet work fine. So it's a software issue blocking Internet access. Just popped up tonight. No spyware. No firewall issues.

Relevancy 48.59%

I built my brother this desktop computer for Xmas last year so it's not that old His wife said it was quot clunking quot while running awhile back My brother has no probs with it but apparently she does Yesterday I looked at it Norton had expired They removed the AVG I had installed on it and replaced it with Norton I asked how long it had been expired They said quot for awhile quot So there's a possibility of a virus While on the net or Drive, Issue? Virus, Software [SOLVED] Hard on a site the computer shut down It took awhile for me to be able to turn it back on It attempts to turn on lites on the front panel go on for awhile etc but nothing shows on the screen then the lites go out No clunking noises at all After letting it set I got it back on so ran chkdsk f Revealed no bad sectors but there was a file problem I could not get it fixed I tried running the spyware program [SOLVED] Hard Drive, Virus, or Software Issue? The computer shut off during the scan After eventually getting it [SOLVED] Hard Drive, Virus, or Software Issue? to reboot I uninstalled Norton and reinstalled AVG [SOLVED] Hard Drive, Virus, or Software Issue? I attempted to run a virus scan It made it thru the registry then eventually shut down before finding anything I now have the computer at home with me we live hrs apart and I couldn't figure anything out while there I'm inclined to think this could be a hardware problem but not the hard drive OR they have a damned virus duh and I will need to reinstall Windows for them Is there any way I can get the computer to stay on long enough for the virus scan to finish The main hard drive is gigs but I don't think they have any more than gigs on there so it won't take quot that quot long Please help Thanx

A:[SOLVED] Hard Drive, Virus, or Software Issue?

In "general" terms, I wouldn't focus on malware or even hardware problems right away. This sounds more like a PSU problem (bad voltages) or a heat problem (high temps maybe because the fans aren't spinning, or dust & crud, etc...)

First thing, run MSCONFIG and turn off everything that isn't microsoft. Then install something like Speedfan and get a read on temps and voltages. Post the CPU temp here, and any other temps & voltages you think are questionable.

As a side note, I think it's REAL funny that the dimwits installed Norton. First thing I do for my customers is get rid of Norton and install AVG, and they PAY me for that. Mr. & Mrs. Peebrain take the expertise you've given them, and pay money to downgrade. TOO FUNNY.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-hard-drive-virus-or-software-issue-317807.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey folks I somehow really messed up on this one I had a problem where my computer wasn t booting past the windows load screen and to try and fix I loaded a system recovery in safe mode That seemed to bother my computer more as now it won t boot saying the following quot Windows could not start because of the following missing or corrupt file WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM quot It suggests that I use windows recovery So screen wont & issue. complete, blue Solved: setup recovery raid Windows I pop in the DVD and sometimes it works sometimes not It will often freeze on loading a video file driver and at the end it will read quot file i prt sys caused an unexpected error in at line u t in d drive quot I think its my bogus DVD drive but it does work half the time So even when the windows recovery boots I would let it go through and hit R for recovery However it says Windows doesn t detect any Solved: Windows recovery wont complete, blue screen & raid setup issue. drives probably because I have two drives on Raid I retry and hit f when it starts to load third party drivers Now I have discs for raid drivers I ve tried all each with multiple options within The computer is years old so for the life of me I can t remember which I ve used when originally loading windows When I post my bios shows Sil Sata Raid Bios version I tried Solved: Windows recovery wont complete, blue screen & raid setup issue. all disks but the Sil Sata Raid Driver Disk by ABIT Version multiple times Still no go What happens is I get the blue screen of death quot Problem has been detected etc etc Check for viruses etc etc run chkdsk f to check Solved: Windows recovery wont complete, blue screen & raid setup issue. for hard drive corruption Stop x b oxF D xC x x quot Now I believe that my drives are fine When I go into the raid settings in bios it says they are operating normal and the problem that made the computer go haywire is a problem I experienced before that people fixed here and discovered to be a driver issue See old post years ago http forums techguy org windows-xp -solved-windows-cant-boot-black html So now I m stuck I can t recover it seems so frustration is building I will try and download the latest drivers from ABIT and try those but anyone have any ideas I ve tried recovery maybe times and no go Not sure how to proceed as I unfortunately need some data on these drives I realize this was incredibly long so I really appreciate your help and hope some of you out there truly enjoy a good challenge Thanks again -Jeff Mobo AB Pro nbsp

A:Solved: Windows recovery wont complete, blue screen & raid setup issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-recovery-wont-complete-blue-screen-raid-setup-issue.928044/
Relevancy 46.44%

So First off I am sure most of you who are looking at this will think it is an easy fix and trust me I wish it was I have spent the entire update Software Software mode Issue boot, After (Aero, currupt) Safe day before this post searching for common fixes to issues with no luck First off here is the scenario I went go get on my PC that has been running flawless since December and the first thing I notice Software Issue After update (Aero, Safe mode boot, Software currupt) is it came back from sleep or idle whatever you want to call it This seems to happen now and then and I believe it happens because windows installed an update over the night Wednesday Normally this is no big deal I go about my way and all is fine So I noticed that some open files I was working on in excel have duplicates one set is read only one is not I closed all that down and we were all set The other big thing is the Aero feature was dead So I went online and hit ALL the usual fixes running the diagnostic downloading the specific MS diagnostic tool resetting the service multiple times restarts even some registry updates I found NOTHING worked The interesting thing is the only part of aero that is not working is the glass feature and the peek feature All the mouse icons and other attributes seem to be working I have an Nvidia GTX card so I updated to the most current form of the drivers nothing I delete the drivers and install the original CD drivers nothing I then delete the driver and try to use driver sweep to remove them This is when I notice that I can not boot into safe mode It just restarts when it gets to a login screen The other thing I noticed is my two installations of Autocad and Inventor are DOA they fail to launch and brings up the error report window So begrudgingly I reinstall and get the same error All other software works flawlessly So I am at my wits end I wanted to try a system restore to before the changes but the default system restore size only allowed and that was the original update at night I made a change and that one was gone I only have an OEM win disk so it appears I can not do a repair and all I can do is do a full reformat I am trying to avoid this route if at all possible so this is my last ditch effort to find an answer I have searched these forums and nothing works as of yet Thanks for any help P S I have also been getting an error when uninstalling software I have run a memory test I have scanned with AVG free amp Malwarebytes Custom Built PC Win pro ver build Service pack GIGABYTE GA-X -USB LGA Intel X USB ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core i - Bloomfield GHz LGA W Quad-Core G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC EVGA -P - -TR GeForce GTX Fermi Superclocked MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II W High Performance PLUS Mushkin Enhanced Callisto Deluxe MKNSSDCL GB-DX quot GB SATA II SSD x Seagate Barracuda ST AS TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s x Seagate Barracuda XT ST AS TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s

A:Software Issue After update (Aero, Safe mode boot, Software currupt)

Hi,

You mentioned OEM. Do you mean an OEM installation.....on a custom built machine? Which OEM?

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/280388-software-issue-after-update-aero-safe-mode-boot-software-currupt.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I get a message that Windows failed.
Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

It instructs me to insert the windows installation disc, restart, and run "repair your computer".  However, I did not receive an installation disc, only a utilities disk (which does not boot)
What do I do now?

A:Inspiron M5030 recovery boot issue. Recovery disk does full restore and starts Win7, which operates fine. But on restart, windows will not boot.

1. Reseat the hard disk drives, reseat the controller and monitor. 2. Perform chkdsk /r on the RAID volume. 3. Run diagnostics on the hard disk drives and controller and replace as necessary.
Additional Information:
Event ID 1001 is logged in the System event log. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 12.08.2013 11:23:04 Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: server.domain.com Description: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000f4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa800644ab30, 0xfffffa800644ae10, 0xfffff80001be07b0). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 031214-68266-01 Review of the memory dump files using Debugging Tools for Windows will result in output similar to the following.BugCheck 7A, {fffff6fc40040128, ffffffffc000000e, 6454cbe0, fffff88008025000} Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+36c1a ) Debugging Details: ------------------ ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified. DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardwareBugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8006332b30, fffffa8006332e10, fffff80001b8e7b0} ----- ETW minidump data unavailable----- Probably caused by : csrss.exe CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
Look below for more details
Source : www.dell.com/.../EN

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683062
Relevancy 43.86%

I am having problems with my internet connection and my connections tray in general. I keep losing my internet connection and then when I try to repair my connection, it doesn't respond. Nothing in the connections tray will respond. When I go to reboot, I get the message that the connections tray is not responding and I have to end it. Does anyone have any experience with this or know what might be happening? Today I called IBM .. I have an IBM Lenovo X61 Tablet .. they told me I needed to reinstall my drivers for my connectivity (they called it the wireless stack .. I downloaded something for power management, hot key driver, wireless card connections, access connections) .. I did that and am still having the same problem .. any suggestions? .. I would appreciate any help! ..

Brenda

A:Wireless Card Issue or Software Issue

Welcome to TSG:
Things to try:
Change the wireless channel being used .1/6/11 in US
If standalone router,download and :install latest router firmware.
Do a stack repair.Pick your Operating system :

Stack repair for XP and Vista.
Courtesy of Johnwill of the Networking forum.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows Vista.

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.
TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following netsh commands..

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.
Take a look at the wireless network adapter in device manager.Look at the driver info.See if there is a more current adapter driver for that card on the pc makers web site.

Reset the router to it's default config.Hold the reset button in for at least 15 seconds.

These are most of the basic fixes for intermittent connectivity issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-card-issue-or-software-issue.841923/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello!
Please tell me if you know good recovery software. Currently i use Recuva, some times it not properly do its job, So please let me know if you know good recovery software.

A:What is the best recovery software?

macrium reflect. The free edition works very nicely.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/129476-what-best-recovery-software.html
Relevancy 42.57%

My laptop product no. Is M1V66UA and Serial no. Is 8CG5430GRJMy problem isIN/NCD/NSR/HP ENVY x360 convert m6-w103dx All/win10/RCD issuePlease tell me from where i can purchase software for recover my window.RegardsNeha vohra9999450129

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/CD-of-software-for-Recovery/td-p/5776532
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello, I installed Ubuntu as my operating system for one of my college courses and instead of selecting run side by side with Windows 7, I completely replaced my Windows 7 with Ubuntu. My pc came with Windows 7 already installed so I do not have the Windows 7 installer cd. Does anyone have any advice as to what steps I should follow to recover Windows 7 and completely eliminate Ubuntu as my operating system? Your help is much appreciated.

A:Software Recovery

Hey @nicole92, I understand you have overwritten your Windows 7 with ubuntu. The only way to recover Windows 7 at that point would be to use recovery media, which you said you don't have. You will have to call in to order recovery media. Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html Cheers,TechSurge.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Software-Recovery/td-p/5594305
Relevancy 42.57%

hi
which of recovery software the lost files is the best?

A:which recovery software is best?

Quote: Originally Posted by hesam

hi
which of recovery software the lost files is the best?

Hi,
It's all a matter of people's opinion. Here is a site of the top ten if you want to pay Data Recovery Software Review 2013 | Best File Recovery Software | Recover Deleted Files - TopTenREVIEWS

Free:
http://lifehacker.com/5237503/five-b...recovery-tools

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285460-recovery-software-best.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello is there any free recovery software out there that will let me recover data from an external drive?

A:Recovery Software

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361675/recovery-software/
Relevancy 42.57%

someone please give me the name of a program I can purchase to recover data on a floppy disk....I have called a couplke stores and they say there is nothing out there....I need the information on this floppy....I was working on it last night and now it won't let me access it....it says 0kb when you look at the folder but when you go to properties it says it has 122mb....last night the kb had 483....I went to the web site suggested but on download it came up currupted and the computer would not allow install....are there programs for this?....I want to go to the store and purchase one....anyone?....please?....I really need to access this floppy....

Relevancy 42.57%

Recently I had a new hard drive fitted in my laptop and I can't find the Recovery software that formats my hard drive back to the original factory settings. My laptop is HP and it had an HP hard drive when I bought it. The hard drive that is in my laptop now is not HP. Also my other hard drive, the HP hard drive, it was split into two sections. The C-Drive was my main hard drive and the other section was my D-Drive and that was where my Recovery software was stored. My hard drive now doesn't have that D-Drive. When I rebooted and tapped F8 to get the list of options for repairs where the Recovery software is normally listed, I couldn't find it. I'm wondering if I do have the Recovery software after all except there's another way to access it that I'm unaware of. Please help is you know anything. Thanks.

DarrenF the Recovery Partition (that's how it's called) resides on the HDD that your Notebook was shipped out with.

You may clone your old HDD onto the new one, and then the F8 option will remain functional.
Microsoft stopped attaching Serial Numbers from Windows 8 so you are out of luck (the serial number is on the mainboard).

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/127675-recovery-software.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey guys

Is there any software for recovering deleted files? My friend deleted some files she needs and now she can't find any thing to help recover them.

A:Xp recovery software

Recuva is free and works well. GetDataBack is paid but also works well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-recovery-software-569371.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I made a major mistake and used Paragon's Partition Manager to attempt to resize the partition that contained ~400GBs of video files. I wanted to add space from partitions that I had removed located before the video partition. It increased the size of the partition exactly as instructed, but it appears to have erased the contents and left the partition marked as free space.

I have O&O's UnErase, but haven't used it before. Since it didn't see the free space, I used Disk Management to make a partition out of it, but did not format it, because I thought that would make recovery more difficult. UnErase now sees the partition, but complains that there is no file system, and doesn't appear as though it will work unless I do format it.

I'm wondering if there is some recovery program that wouldn't require the partition to be formatted to work?

O&O's unerase is for when you accidentally delete a file, not erase an entire partition. I would try something like their diskrecovery6.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/116988-recovery-software.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Could you tell me from your experience which software are the best for recovery (esp. for word docs, and mp3)?

Thank you,
jt.

From the ones I tried, I like Restoration. Whether or not there is a recovery program better suited to particular files, I am not sure.

Use the computer with the deleted files as little as possible. Deleted files will get overwritten, the more it is used. Then recovery will be all but impossible.

Download Restoration (save it to a floppy not your hard drive). Run it from the floppy. Read the Readme.txt file. When you open it, make sure it is set to the correct drive (C:\ is default). Click the Search Deleted Files Button. It takes just a little time for that. Then when Do you want to scan vacant clusters? comes up, click Yes. This takes a long time. Don't touch anything until it finishes. Then look for your files among the list. If they don't show up - they are gone.

ftp://ftp.externet.hu/pub/mirror/sac/utildisk/rest2514.exe

sekirt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-software.394869/
Relevancy 42.57%

i need an easy to use program that can recover files and folders what can you recommend for me? whats the best? cause the shop that were i bought my pc formatted my hard drive so some important folders were lost..tnx!

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all

I would like to know if there is any good recovery software worth using to recover files from a damaged external drive(corrupted files system),or if there are any methods to fix my problem. I Have not formatted it hoping that i would find a solution. If we can find no solution then I will have to format it.

A:Recovery software

Formatting it will not actually solve the problem, as all that does is erase the partitioning information, while leaving the files intact.

If you didn't manually reformat the drive yourself, then you might have done something like simply disconnecting it, without safely removing it, first -- which would leave the file system in an unsafe state.

If you want to recovery the files to another drive, I would recommend using [email protected] Recovery. It's the best data recovery app I've seen in a long time. You can download, install, and try it out for free -- and it only costs $30 for a license. Be prepared to wait a LONG time, though, as when I last used it on my 1.5TB shared data drive, it took 14 HOURS to do the SuperScan -- but when done, it found (as best I could tell) ALL my files and folders, and I was able to recover everything from the drive.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/66753-recovery-software.html
Relevancy 42.57%

VHD recovery software is a brilliant VHD recovery tool that can recover VHD files completely after an event of corruption or data loss It scans the FAT and NTFS file systems of the virtual hard disk and recovers the corrupt damaged or lost files VHD Recovery is an advanced and highly efficient VHD repair tool that offers paramount efficiency in repairing the corrupt damaged and recovery software VHD inaccessible VHD files This software repairs VHD files created using Windows VHD recovery software Windows Server R and Hyper-V swiftly without further delay or error VHD recovery software Besides the tool is empowered with multiple working modes to retrieve data that has been lost due to severe damage to the VHD files Main Features - -- gt Assured data recovery from corrupt damaged dismounted vhd file partition -- gt Retrieve healthy VHD file data with exact file name type size etc without installing Virtual environment -- gt Shift Delete formatted or re-formatted vhd partition data recovery -- gt No Size Limitation Scan amp Recover any size of VHD File Read more - http www vhd recoverydeletedfiles com

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/74921ace-50c4-46ad-97da-75e8f0ab6bb6/vhd-recovery-software?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 42.57%

I will clean install windows 8.1 so I need hp recovery software how to download and install it help me

A:hp recovery software

Recovery disks can be ordered. There is not a place to download them. If the laptop still boots to Windows you likely have the HP Recovery software and can make your own recovery disks to roll back to factory specs.  http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-g6-Notebook-PC-series/5296082/model/5305639/document...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/hp-recovery-software/td-p/5606838
Relevancy 42.57%

Do you know any one a really good recovery software ?

Relevancy 42.57%

are their ways of recovering software programs and retrieving files from them with software d i y? on windows xp ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-software.1157036/
Relevancy 42.57%

Does anyone know of any decent recovery software that can be used to recover Pictures and data from a crashed hard drive?

Also, I assume that there is a cable that can be used to connect a hard drive via a usb port, Isn't there? Also, would something like this be availbale at a store like best buy?

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Welcome to BleepingComputer.com, Rze.Yes there are USB cables to do what you describe. If the hard drive is OK (Not physically damaged) you may want to consider a USB drive case. Once you remove your data you could then format it and use it as a back up or portable storage.If the drive is readable you do not need recovery software, since you are connecting it to another computer. If you want to burn it to CD\DVD while it is still in the computer I would recommend The Ultimate Boot CD. You will be able to burn the information straight to CD.Once you have the old drive Slaved to your new computer open two windows. The first window should be where you want your old file to be moved to. The second windows should be the old drive. Next go to the taskbar and right click. Select "Tile Windows Horizontally". This will place the windows one on top of the other. Next simply drag & drop your folder from the old drive to the folder on the new drive.If you cannot bring up the old drive post here first.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108616/recovery-software/
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm trying to recover software from a external drive. Can anyone recommend software that will allow me to carry on recovering when it reaches a bad sector.

Relevancy 42.57%

I want to get a software recovery tools for my Dell Dell Vostro 15 3558 Windows running on it. Saw a post here, please is the Software useful?
http://9jaspot.com/197/How-to-Recover-Deleted-Files-Folders-from-Hard-Drive

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989252
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey all,

I have used the page to download English version ISOs (my personal copies are all English), however I can't see any Turkish in the drop-down list.

I tried to get a Turkish one for my brother-in-law's PC which has a Turkish OS. I don't think he would mind whichever, but I am not sure if I could install English OS with his key.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

A:MS Software Recovery

I found this: No. Product keys are SKU dependent. They are not language dependent.

here: Are Windows 7 product keys language-dependent? - Super User

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/375550-ms-software-recovery.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Can anyone recommend a recovery software to retrieve info lost on a formatted disk something U have used yourself on a formatted would be the best suggestion.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-software.210067/
Relevancy 42.57%

Need to recover some data for a client on an external HD that was formatted, nothing installed on it yet. Any good freeware software I can use? Thanks guys.

Diskinternals Recovery Boot CD
Smart Data Recovery
Recover Files
Recuva
Restoration
Free Undelete (NTFS only)
Softperfect File Recovery
ADRC Data Recovery Tools
Undelete Plus
Data Recovery
PCI File Recovery
DriveRescue
Ultimate Data Recovery
Disk Investigator

Commercial:

O&O Disk Recovery
Paragon Mount Everything (Mounts any file system, CD/DVD burning, File Manager, Partitioner)
Ontrack EasyRecovery Pro
File Scavenger
Recover My Files
RecoverPlus Pro
Zero Assumption Recovery
Final Recovery
Recover4All Professional
NTFS Recovery

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-software.757852/
Relevancy 42.57%

My PC says it needs to reset buts its pretty new, i want to know if that if it resets will i get my microsoft office 365 back? it has a 1year activation and ive activated and installed it but only 2 months out of the 1 year activation has passed

Solved!

View Solution.

A:Software Recovery

Did you create a Microsoft Account and password. If so you log on to the Office 365 account page and deactivate the old install and then you are entitled to a reinstall. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Software-Recovery/td-p/5849162
Relevancy 42.57%

hi all I have couple of dvd's which consists - DVD software recovery please of my family and loadz of pictures and videos of me and my friends those are realy priceless to me today I found that these disks are damaged that I cant copy them on to my hard drive I don't know how did they got damaged because I store them really carefully and its just old like year or less all other dvds I burnt along with this are work perfectly fine these dvds can be read on my home theater system its playable on the DVD recovery software - please player but not even loaded by the desktop but in my notebook the file DVD recovery software - please list appears and when I tried to open or copy its just getting stuck and not responding so guys please help me to recover DVD recovery software - please them Im really really desperate here I tried with Bad copy but no use can you please suggest me best and reliable dvd recovery software which suits in this case thanks in advance

A:DVD recovery software - please

Try DVD Decrypter to copy the good files from the DVD to the computer.

DVD's are not forever, as I also experienced . So it is better to use external hdd storage device for the valuable data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/215013-dvd-recovery-software-please.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have tried to recover system operating system to Windows 7 64 bit, but the recovery software does not work. The HP Pro 3515 Desktop goes into recovery mode, but nothing is highlighted and just restarts back to recovery mode. System warranty ran out in 2014. WHERE can I get the original operating system software for this desktop and I have the serial number.  Websites for HP are not helpful and keeps redirecting you to another page, probably, so you get so bored you give up and buy from a different supplier

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/recovery-software/td-p/5835354
Relevancy 42.14%

I have custom made software, protected by removable USB drive/stick.
USB stick has been lost.
Need help to recover software password.
Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/software-password-recovery-286839.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all,
<I have a drive that was reformatted and Windows XP reinstalled on it but all original data on the drive was lost. I need to recover the original data from the old partition, but I don't know the exact size. I have used WinHex 13 to try to recover some data , WinHex is able to recover some but not all .

<How can I recover all my lost data?
I have used most of the other known tools, but failed!
Looking for your help! Your kind assistance is appreciated.
thank you,

Relevancy 42.14%

Can anyone recomment a good (and hopefully free) CD/DVD sata recovery program?

My nephew gave me a CD of photos that is un readable and he's asked me to try to recover it.

The drive loads and when I check the propertires, there is about 640MB used, so it looks like the pictures should be there but the drive does not show any files.

I'm thinking that maybe the disk didn't finalize or something.

So, I need a tool that I can inspect the drive at a lower level and see what's going on.

Thanks in advance!

A:CD/DVD data recovery software

I would try Recuva first. It's free, by the makers of CCleaner. Try it here:

Recuva

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/118280-cd-dvd-data-recovery-software.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Greetings, I have been trying to get an answer for quite a while now.   Clearly I have not been wording my messages correctly. I was wondering who to contact to request access to the HP database of invoices for Notebooks and forward to me a copy of the invoice for my Notebook.  I was told the Product Key that I need t re-install the Office package that I purchased when I ordered my computer was on that invoice. Please let me know who to contact so that I may get that information. Thank you. Jacqueline Newport

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Microsoft-Software-Recovery/td-p/5673386
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a drive that is not working. When I hook it up as a slave / 2nd drive I get a ton of "File record segment XXXX is unreadable". Can someone reccomend a good free drive recovery software program??? Or even something that is inexpensive.

Also with a message like that what are my chances of getting data off???

A:Data recovery? Software?

Please, don't post duplicates in multiple forums. Continue here: http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/439883-data-recovery-software.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-software.439882/
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm doing an inventory of the recovery discs etc I have and came across a 128GB SanDisk Cruzer that I have no idea which or what computer I made it for. The created date doesn't mean anything because it could be for a computer I had for a couple years, and finally got around to making a recovery media for it.
So, is there a way to find out, or a file to look at, which would point me in the right direction?
It looks like I made it with Acronis. There are three main folders; EFI, Recovery Manager and SanDisk Secure Access.

Thanks in advance

A:Recovery Software Question

If you have Acronis installed you can mount or explore the TIB file to see what is in it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-software-question.1164557/
Relevancy 42.14%

My mom's hard drive just crashed. I ran chkdsk /f and it wiped all the files. She had some Microsoft Money files on there that she needed... can someone suggest to me the best file recovery software to use? I'm going to try Ontrack first.

A:File Recovery Software

Most files ruined by chkdsk are not recoverable. GetDatBack is one of the best.

1) Recover Files
2) Recuva
3) Restoration
4) Free Undelete (NTFS only)
5) Softperfect File Recovery
6) ADRC Data Recovery Tools
7) Undelete Plus
8) Data Recovery
9) PCI File Recovery
10) DriveRescue
11) Ultimate Data Recovery
12) Disk Investigator

Commercial:

Ontrack EasyRecovery Pro
File Scavenger
Recover My Files
RecoverPlus Pro
Zero Assumption Recovery
Final Recovery
Recover4All Professional
NTFS Recovery

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-recovery-software.705249/
Relevancy 42.14%

some times we don't make backup or the backup itself gets destroyed then we need a file recovery software
my old experience 2010 i was a newbie and a curious one i did many experiments on my pc one was simple
was installing linux and i had no idea about it just wanted to try accidentally i repartitioned whole hardisk
and there i was with all the data lost i again reinsalled windows obviosly repartitioning the hdd again
and used RECOVER MY FILES it recovered almost all my data and the once which i wanted badly
since then i am using it for accidental deletion and its awesome
i also used it on my friend's pc which was infected by ransomware and was able to recover a few files
more could have been recovered if the sectors were not over written
which recovery software is your favorite ?

A:Best file recovery software ?

saket, thank you for an interesting and enlightening description from your positive experiences with Recover My Files!
I voted for Recuva File recovery primarily because it was the one program from the list I'd recognized, & had downloaded it onto our XP system after reading a good review here on MT. This was also around the same time Microsoft discontinued patching the great and (for some) not so late Good ship, XP. So I didn't actually become as acquainted with it as I'd wished. Now, after taking in the accolades of "Recover My Files", I know which one I'd like to try!

https://malwaretips.com/threads/best-file-recovery-software.40248/
Relevancy 42.14%

woundering if and one knows of a good file recovery software

A:file recovery software

If anything can do it, one of these free ones should be able to:

http://hccweb1.bai.ne.jp/~hcj58401/REST2514.EXE
ftp://ftp2.convar.com/pcinspector/pci_filerecovery.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-recovery-software.193798/
Relevancy 42.14%

In my area there seem to be very few data recovery companies. Thus i am thinking of setting one up. However, i know absouloutely nothing agbout data recovery yet. How do i gleen this knowledge? Is data recovery a hard business? What is the best software for data recovery? I have a start up budget of about 1000. Will i also need hardware? Cheers, Richard.

A:Data Recovery Software

RTHaworth said:

In my area there seem to be very few data recovery companies. Thus i am thinking of setting one up. However, i know absouloutely nothing agbout data recovery yet. How do i gleen this knowledge? Is data recovery a hard business? What is the best software for data recovery? I have a start up budget of about 1000. Will i also need hardware? Cheers, Richard.Click to expand...

Hi Richard,

Well, for starters, here is a list of tools for data recovery:
* Forensic Recovery software (paid)
Encase: http://www.guidancesoftware.com/products/ef_index.asp
WinHex: http://www.x-ways.net/winhex/index-m.html or
http://www.winhex.com/winhex/order.html

In data recovery, one strategy is to do a sector by sector copy (blast) the original disk to a second same sized disk so that you do not destroy whatever data is there that might potentially be recovered - i.e. it is best to adopt a non-destructive approach, and that way the customer will get maximum satisfaction even if nothing cannot be recovered, and possibly reduce your liability as well. I would assume that you would need computer hardware to run the software and make disk copies. I have no URLs on hardware disk blasters.

There are two software tools that I know of that do this, and there are probably more: Acronis True Image and Norton Ghost. Search for forums on both of these tools to view user comments. Wilders Security Forum has a subforum on Acronis True Image - don't know about Norton Ghost. You might need to setup a local area network (that is the only context I know about for a vendor that copied my disks prior to failure for me using Norton Ghost) to do this.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-software.414272/
Relevancy 42.14%

Okay easier question I ve been out looking for a newer CHKDSK recovery Drive software... replacement and am not finding much I own older copies of DiskCommander and EasyRecovery as well as others but I had a problem the other day with the MFT on a system that got me looking Drive recovery software... for newer better stuff It isn t hard to find all the standard data and partition recovery software you want and a bazillion undelete programs but what about something that will fix in place the MFT MBR and other possible corruption errors due to hard shutdowns etc Drive recovery software... I realize Drive recovery software... they can t always be fixed and sometimes you have to just lift off what data you can but often they can with the right tools The quot FDISK MBR quot used to be a good friend but it seems like there should be some good software out there somewhere I ve used SpiRite since the mid s for disk surface restoration and still use version for that but it of course doesn t do anything for the above problems Just looking for opinions on what other support people are using these days Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

how to recovery data from damage hard disk then i found on net i got a http://www.stellarinfo.co.in/ which provide data recovery services i talked to them & they reply they have the solution of hard disk recovery, laptop data recovery, server recovery, raid data recovery i want to know that it there any problem to recover data from these company is it reliable

A:Data Recovery software

Hi,
In my opinion, if you don't have to recover all of files on your disk,  you can try to use some free data recovery software (Panda Recovery. etc) to recover data previously. However, if there are a lot of files needed to be recovered, it is also recommended to contact professional Data Recovery Company such as you mentioned one. Best RegardsDale  

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b398cef6-2fd6-424b-a1f7-d6a915e61377/data-recovery-software?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 42.14%

I've got PC Inspector running, and it's not finding the data the customer says is supposed to be there.

It's finding LOTS of data, in various stages of decomposition, but nothing that even remotely looks like the recently deleted folders (Factory Restore) filled with Gigabytes of .jpg files.

So, what's the best freeware data recovery software, and (since there is money involved) what is the best "paid for" data recovery software ?

A:Best Data Recovery Software ?

I have had very good luck with GetDataBack . . not free, but you can try it to see if it recovers anything

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/best-data-recovery-software-343297.html
Relevancy 42.14%

hello
could anybody plz provide me any good software to recover data from scratched CD/DVD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-software-from-cd-dvd.857907/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Gang,

I accidentally deleted my partitions on my USB drive, erasing all that was on there.

What's the best file recover software?

Fat32, WinXPsp2

Relevancy 42.14%

Whose used any really amazing paid/unpaid recovery software??

i've currently used

Recuva (actually did not get what i wanted..)

Stellar Phoenix Data ( actually seemed to be the best so far..)

Easus Data (seemed on par with Stellar Data )

I'm now currently using QphotoRec (and it's gettings stuff but not fun to use and getting too much crap files i dont want)

A:Data Recovery Software..

Rather than attempting to recover data after something goes wrong it is far better to make backups while everything is working well. Then when a problem develops you simply restore the files from backup. Simpler and far more reliable.

Unfortunately many people never learn the lesson about backups until it is too late.

I have never had the need for recovery software.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/59611-data-recovery-software.html
Relevancy 42.14%

any good free or low cost data recovery software for a USB hard drive?Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Usb Data Recovery Software

My favorite is PCInspector (free) from here: http://www.pcinspector.de/ - dunno if it works on USB tho'Here's 2 that I read about recently but haven't tried:http://www.new-utilities.net/ntfilerecovery.htmlhttp://www.smartpctools.com/recovery/index.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95754/usb-data-recovery-software/
Relevancy 42.14%

I formatted a second installation on my HD forgetting that both win7 32bit and 64bit rc installation files were there(yeah I know.. i guess im too busy to think straight). Is there a free or trial data recovery software out there that might work because I have tried a few and so far I have only recovered a install.wim which is like over 2GB. But I can't seem to find an image loading software for it to work(I have tried virtualclonde drive and it doesn't work. meaning it does not install win7).

Have a look at these here,
Free Data Recovery Tools

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/57049-data-recovery-software.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all,A good friend of mines computer has crashed and he has lost a lot of valuable data and files. Can someone recommend me some good Data recovery software - I could try. Don't mind about the price.Thanks for any help.DaveEdit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

If it is just the system that wont boot, you could use a live CD http://www.ubuntu.com/GetUbuntu/download

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/151883/data-recovery-software/
Relevancy 42.14%

Can anyone point me in the right direction to recover data from a hard drive that was formatted by accident? I have used trial versions of certain software and know they are on the hard drive. I just need the software to recover it. I dont have too much money to spend so something not too expensive would be great. I greatly appreciate any help

A:Data Recovery Software?

Have a look at these suggestionshttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/151883/data-recovery-software/http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164612/data-recovery/I just want to add, the less you do with the hard drive until you decide what action to take, the better. I wouldn't even turn it on until you attempt recovery

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/171192/data-recovery-software/
Relevancy 42.14%

Could recovery Appropriate software file anyone please suggest the Appropriate file recovery software appropriate file recovery software for me I have tried some applications which are not really doing the job properly I have a GB drive which use to be partitioned into parts GB each now it has lost its original partitions and only reads two partitions of GB each I have not deleted any of my files or formatted the drive They got turned into orphan files or something like that and they got lost along with the original partitions So far I have tried quot Recover My Files quot but it s recoverying files that use to belong to the drive s previous owner who formatted the drive I don t care for those files Appropriate file recovery software Also the files are not recovered with their original names and are recovered in small parts i e MP file of Megs will be recovered in tons of pieces of KB mp files Can anyone suggest a more appropriate application Appropriate file recovery software that could fix recover my original partitions and my lost orphaned files which were not deleted - AS they were named and in their entirety Any help appreciated Thanks so much nbsp

A:Appropriate file recovery software

For file recovery http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm or http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_media_recovery/uk/welcome.htm and for partitions http://www.bootitng.com/bootitng.html or http://zeleps.com/ or http://www.ranish.com/part/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/appropriate-file-recovery-software.54544/
Relevancy 42.14%

I've been looking for a good Data Recovery Application, and have found many positive reviews on multiple products. Which one do you recommend?

There are alot of Data recovery programs out there. Ontrack's easy recovery professional, Stellar Phoenix, and the creme de la creme, which is Winteranls, ERD Commander, there are also some very good freeware data recovery apps. like BartPE, while the basic programs is composed of entirely freeware programs, the system utilizes plugins for commercial apps, like those listed above and others.

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-software.52987/
Relevancy 42.14%

I recently discovered a CD I burned with some very important data on it but unfortunately the CD is not recognized by either my CD-ROM or my DVD. My question is, is there any good freeware or shareware for data recovery? I'm not really interested in purchasing anything as this will likely be a single use.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/date-recovery-software.560780/