Windows Support Forum

Problems with my HP Pavilion dv7

Q: Problems with my HP Pavilion dv7

I am having problems with my Hp Pavilion dv7. The laptop came with windows 7 already installed. I was working on creating some graphics on my laptop, and then I went to work. When I tried to start up it says that windows failed to start. I click on launch startup repair, it starts loading the files but after that it comes up to a blue screen and does nothing. I tried reinstall the windows 7 operating system but it still does nothing. When trying to boot windows normally it acts like it is going to start up. After a while of trying to start up it goes back to the screen that says windows failed to start. Can anybody help me out with this problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-my-hp-pavilion-dv7.1051586/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Problems with my HP Pavilion dv7

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 40.85%

This is a Pavilion dv0335nr laptop. I connect to the internet through ATT, using a Sierra 875U (usb)card. This laptop has several usb ports, and all of them except the one nearest the power plug, which seems to work all the time,will work with the modem for some period of time, then the computer loses the connection. I have been struggeling with this since I started using the usb modem...actually since the computer was new last late summer. The modem is both "slow" speed, and high speed, depending on the local system...sometimes when in a high speed system, it works just fine, and other times it goes buggy. I know my presentation is not very technical, but I am hoping someone of you out there has experienced the problem, and found a fix.

A:Hp Pavilion usb problems

Hi rpapworth1!!

Welcome to TSF!!

So, it starting doing this since you used the USB modem? Is it high speed internet connection? How is the performance when you used the USB modem with the other computer? It might be the USB modem issue, not the laptop issue after all

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavilion-usb-problems-224655.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey guys I have an HP Pavilion DV7-1130 with Windows Vista Home. Lately the fan in the back has started making all sorts of annoying noises and has been a real pain in the ***. I was just wondering if there was a way to get it to shut the hell up without actually opening the computer. I'll do that if I have to, but is it possible to set up RivaTuner or another such program such that I could just turn off the fan?

Thanks

A:Fan problems - HP pavilion

All fans in laptops are critical components. The noisy fan needs to be replaced, not defeated

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-problems-hp-pavilion.125416/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello there, The screen on my 23xi monitor started to go blank after some usage, the time varies. When this happens, the power light on the right corner of the monitor remains lit, however the power button doesn't do anything when pressed. The only way I can get a video image back is by unplugging and replugging the power connector I've had the monitor for only 2 years, please help me. best regards, Andrea Picciolo

A:pavilion 23 xi problems

Hi there @AndreaForli, Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  I understand that you are having an issue with your display going blank on you.  I am happy to assist you with this. Have you tested the display connected to another computer?Did you try using a different connection type between the display and the computer, or a different cable of the same type on the original connection?Have you tried using a different electrical outlet? Also check out these pages:HP and Compaq Flat Panel Displays - Display Quality IssuesHP and Compaq Flat Panel Monitors - Flat Panel Monitor Displays Message about No Signal, Signal out ... You may want to try do a factory reset on the display: User Guide Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/pavilion-23-xi-problems/td-p/5759671
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello to all I recently posted a problem relating to my pci-e wireless network card M9350f W7 on Pavilion problems HP not being detectable at all by windows while when i go back to vista it works fine This means I can't get internet for Windows leaving it useless in many HP Pavilion M9350f problems on W7 ways Now I tried every single driver that's listed on HP's website Select software and drivers and whenever I try to install any of these drivers it always comes saying that my system does not meet minimum requirements My system is great I'll post stats below so I know it has to do something with the drivers not being capable with windows I tried running all of them in capability mode Vista XP so on with no luck Does any one have any suggestions on how to get this Network Card Ralink Technology Corp Ralink Technology Corp pci-e network card to work with windows seven Maybe Im not using the right driver look at website above HP Pavilion M9350f problems on W7 so if Im not can someone lead me in the right direction Overview My computer's running windows vista and windows on another partition does not pick up my pci-e network card while running windows I tried the HP Pavilion M9350f problems on W7 drivers from the website listed above that has all of the latest drivers for my system on windows itself with each one saying my system is not commpatible lt lt that must be error code Tryed running them in capability mode didn't work They all worked on vista p s i tried driver wizard with no luck System Specs Mainboard PEGATRON CORPORATION VIOLA Chipset nVidia nForce a Processor AMD Phenom X MHz Physical Memory MB Video Card NVIDIA Geforce GT Hard Disk NVIDIA GB DVD-Rom Drive HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH L SCSI CdRom Device DVD-Rom Drive SJWJ QNGTMVKHIV SCSI CdRom Device Monitor Type SONY SDM-HS P - inches Network Card Nvidia Corp Nvidia Corp Network Card Ralink Technology Corp Ralink Technology Corp Operating System Windows TM Vista Home Premium Home Edition Service Pack x DirectX Version Windows Performance Index So can anyone help me to get a Ralink pci-e network card to work on windows Sorry for big post Thanks

A:HP Pavilion M9350f problems on W7

At Ralink Technology: Windows I found a list of varying drivers for different products - you'll need to get some specific details in order to grab the right now, but based upon the HP drive version number, I am *guessing* that you have either the next to last one in the first table or the one immediately preceding it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/2570-hp-pavilion-m9350f-problems-w7.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I've owned my laptop for about a year and a half now and about 2 weeks ago it started to run pretty slowly and randomly shut off when it was on "High Performance" Battery mode and it is feeling oddly hot underneath my laptop when this happens. When I switch the battery mode to power saver I can hear the fan slow down and it doesn't switch off anymore. I think it might be a battery problem, but I'm not sure. If I replaced the battery will this solve my problem or do I have a cooling issue? Any advice would be very helpful! Thanks so much!

Relevancy 40.42%

hello i with hp an booting problems pavilion have an hp pavilion dv nr laptop my main problem is that it will not boot properly i push the button the fan runs the lights on my keyboard turn on it beeps twice the screen stays black and after a little while it will try to reboot again after a few tries i can get into windows and everything works properly but every now and then on the windows loading screen the screen starts to shake and the graphics get all messed up and the screen goes to a bunch of stripes although i can booting problems with an hp pavilion still hear the windows music and it sounds like it is loading also according to hp's website two beeps means it's a bios cmos error trying to fix this problem i reinstalled windows however i didn't have my discs so i used a friend of mine's who has the same version xp media center the only problem is that he has a dell which meant i had to reinstall all of my drivers which i did after i downloaded them from hp's website it never fixed my original booting problem and windows worked fine until i downloaded the drivers i made sure i had the correct versions but the windows screen is doing that shaking thing again but after a few tries it will let me back into windows and everything works properly again the only other helpful information i have is that one year and two weeks ago i had my motherboard replaced because my wireless wouldn't work about a week ago my wireless stopped working again and wouldn't you know the warranty just expired i use an ethernet connection so it's not a huge deal to me i'm just not sure if these things are related

A:booting problems with an hp pavilion

I would suggest you run a thorough memory test. 2 beeps on post can indicate problems with memory (that includes vid ram).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/booting-problems-with-an-hp-pavilion-454721.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I am having problems with my HP pavilion dv here are the symptoms It freezes at times durring normal with hp 64 bit problems Various dv6000 pavilion use and sometimes on startup I get quot operating system cannot be found quot on startup Streaming a video on a websight like hulu tends to make it freeze this lead me to think the prob might be ram related the ram has a bit more than gigs free of A fee weeks ago the ram was very close to being full and was showing as a red bar instead of green It will sometimes freeze and Various problems with hp pavilion dv6000 64 bit then the Various problems with hp pavilion dv6000 64 bit screen will go blue saying something to the effect of it's shutting down so not to hurt it's self I had or trojan horses and - viruses two of which where quarantined by AVG free and the others by Avast free Antivirus although I do not recall what viruses they where To try fix the problam I downloaded mb of windows updates did a compleat disk defrag x scanned the computer for viruses Trojan horses etc with Avast and AVG both up to date free editions The computer has done Various problems with hp pavilion dv6000 64 bit several system restores and something else after it tries to start unsuccesully Also about a mounth ago the dog knocked it off a table onto the wooden floor it turned it's self off but acted normal with the exception of the DVD drive not playing DVD's ish week's later when I tried to watch a movie To fix it do I need a better antivirus such mcafee Do I need to take it somewhere like geeksquad to get it fixed or do I need to take it somewhere that does more advanced repaires If I quot wiped quot the hard drive and started fro Scratch would that fix the problems If it's a hardware problam is it fixable Btw I'm in college right now so I need my laptop but I do t have too much cash so how much is it going to cost if I have to take it to a shop Thanks

A:Various problems with hp pavilion dv6000 64 bit

Hello and welcome to TSF.

It sounds like your hard drive is failing to me, especially because of this:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gearhead_318

Also about a mounth ago the dog knocked it off a table onto the wooden floor, it turned it's self off but acted normal with the exception of the DVD drive not playing DVD's 2 ish week's later when I tried to watch a movie.*

The most vulnerable part of any PC is its hard drive; it's the only mechanical (moving) part in a computer. Operating system not found is a message displayed when the computer can't find an operating systems on any hard drives, also indicating that it may not be seeing your hard drive at all. Run the appropriate hard drive diagnostic tool from here: http://carrona.org/hddiag.html

If the hard drive does end up being the cause then you could replace it yourself for much cheaper than bringing it to a shop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/various-problems-with-hp-pavilion-dv6000-64-bit-502849.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I was really excited at first to buy this brand new HP Pavilion AiO I have owned and administrated a lot of computers in my life I love my laptop for personal use and i thought that upgrading our home PC to this All-in-One was going to be great investment It removes the need for both a tower and bulk montior by combining the two into a nice flatscreen stand alone featuring the tower built in nbsp Over the time of owning it nbsp It has gone from the family computer to just my wifes because at first i thought i our teenagers were the ones at fault for it having so many problems nbsp It is now on its rd HDD and nd set of RAM It got its new RAM and final HDD just last week and is already returning to its random spuratic crashing and boot failures It lasted a while in the beginng never having any problems like this but once it started that very first time they have more common and frequent nbsp Sometimes the computer will out of no where get a BSOD and state the computer has ran into an error and that it is collecting things and going to restart Other times your using it and everything would be fine turn around for one second to work on something else and spin the chair back and your now looking at a boot error stating No Boot Disk has been Detected and 23 problems serious HP AiO Pavilion reoccurring - messages in that nature always pointing to the HDD Well last week i gave HP Pavilion 23 AiO - serious reoccurring problems it a nbsp rd BRAND NEW HDD because the nd HDD HP Pavilion 23 AiO - serious reoccurring problems stated that it had Eminent Failure along with a new stick of RAM because it wouldnt even install a new OS and i found that failed nbsp the boot screen diognistics Memory Test Now today it has encountered its first repeat of these notorious events nbsp The computer is needed for home work and my wife makes sure the computer only gets the software and things it needs put on it which basically only contains a web browser the printer driver and a folder with the pictures she takes on it of the products On my behalf to help diagnose and prevent this disaster I make sure It has NON-FREEWARE HP Pavilion 23 AiO - serious reoccurring problems versions of software on it for virus malware scanning along with Glaries Utilities nbsp and nbsp System Mechanic This computer has in the long run ended up being a horrible investment It is a great concept and I love idea nbsp but i cannot figure out what is causing the constant errors I wish I could send it in for replacement or just get a whole different computer all together if i cannot find the cause of the repetative crashing I don't know what else to do or where to look I make sure all drivers are good I make sure it is maintained and cleaned inside ventalated ect nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-23-AiO-serious-reoccurring-problems/td-p/5729098
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi all,I'm having trouble starting up my notebook and haven't been able to solve it by reading other posts.When I turn my notebook on the LEDs will turn on (e.g. at the adapter, volume, power LED in front of the notebook) but my screen stays black and LEDs like for numlock will also stay off. I've tried several keys like F2, esc and windows+B but still no success. Anyone some tips or is it more likely to be a hardware problem? By the way, I've already tried to link to a 2nd screen without any success.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Start-up-problems-HP-Pavilion-DV6/td-p/5641641
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi everyone nbsp I bought a second hand HP Pavilion xi IPS monitor product no C Z AA Im experiencing some issues with it and i would greatly appreciate if you could assist Pavilion 23xi HP PROBLEMS me nbsp When i switch on my screen it runs for several minutes then goes black although the power led is lid but unresponsive when i press it so i have to unplug the power cable and back in to get it on again nbsp This happens several times especially when i exit a game back to the desktop then HP Pavilion 23xi PROBLEMS it goes black again Note HP Pavilion 23xi PROBLEMS My desktop resolution is and the game is - nbsp nbsp What i noticed is that the rest of the buttons on the screen also become unresponsive after like a few minutes its on I can go hours without the screen going black but then the buttons on HP Pavilion 23xi PROBLEMS the screen is unresponsive even the power led nbsp nbsp This screen only came with a genetic power supply Specs Input - VAC - HZ A nbsp Output V A nbsp I've done some research and the original power adapter requires an output of V A Can it be that the faults im experiencing is because of the power adapter nbsp nbsp I opened the screen to see if i can find any fault What i noticed is that the power input jack is a bit loose and when i turned around the circuit boars i could see that some of the soldering at the power jack gone off nbsp So is it possible that its either the power adapter or could it be the power jack nbsp nbsp I would greatly appreciate your help in this nbsp Thx yawl

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-23xi-PROBLEMS/td-p/5735731
Relevancy 40.42%

My left speaker on this laptop doesnt work, i dont have any headphones or anything connected, sound only comes from the right speaker.. what could possibly be wrong? or does this laptop only have 1 speaker (on the right)?
And also my SRS Premium Sound program doesnt work, everytime i try to open it, a error box pops up saying, " Cannot find .startup file!. "
what can i do to fix it?

A:HP Pavilion 1117dx G4 problems..

No. Your laptop has two speakers. I have a HP Pavilion g4-1117dx notebook. My right speaker is not working any at all. It has SRS premium sound. Now my left speaker is begining to act up. When playing a movie or listening music it sounds a bit shakey as if its gonna stop working at any minute. Is there a speaker problem with these laptops on a whole??

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/210565-hp-pavilion-1117dx-g4-problems.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi everyone,

Im having a problem with my CD/DVD Drive on my HP Pavilion DV4170CA. First my computer does not recognize the Drive at all, as if it is not installed. Secondly, I dont know what the name of the drive is inside this laptop so I don't know what to look for. Could some please help me in identifying the name and correcting the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-problems-on-hp-pavilion-dv4170ca.48539/
Relevancy 40.42%

This morning I turned on my laptop and it said a disk error occurred. So I restarted it a few times and nothing happened. I popped open the HD bay on the back to see if any cables were loose or anything and it looked fine. Double checked and secured the connections. Now it won't go past the hp start up screen and i can't access the boot from cd commands by pressing ESC. It just sits there and does nothing. Did the HD die?!

THank

A:HP Pavilion dv6 Laptop HD Problems

If possible take out the HD and put it in othe system... then you know is die or not....
But if the system give you this message ... I think 99% is...HD Dead...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-dv6-laptop-hd-problems.1000209/
Relevancy 40.42%

So I picked up this old thing at a garage sale for 2 dollars, and when I came home to boot it up it took a few tries, but eventually successfully booted up. I left it sitting for awhile after I had problems where the screen would jumble up while using it, and I just thought it was because of the 1 gig of ram running out, so I left it be for awhile while I looked around for some ram. It wasn't till recently I plugged it in and it wouldn't even start. It would get to the windows XP logo, then flash a blue screen error and restart. Now it won't even get the screen to turn on it would flash the disk light and it would stop working. All fans would come on loud. I think I may have a bad mobo but just want a second opinon

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Problems-with-HP-Pavilion-a1610n/td-p/5816919
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi All.
Maybe a Skype problem? I think it's after updating Skype , sometimes the Mic function stops completely even when connecting an external mic. If I restore the system to prior to the update the mic works again.
Has anyone suffered this and if so what can you do to fix it. Is it something to do with the anti virus or fire wall. I'm running Windows fire wall and Norton AV
Rgds

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hp-pavilion-laptop-mic-problems-226905.html
Relevancy 40.42%

My friend recently got a used Hp Pavilion dv6233se (AMD processor) that is running Vista. We decided to restore it to factory settings and when we did this the two USB ports just died on us. I've gotten all the driver updates from the HP website, including the newest BIOS updates, and also all of the windows updates.
When I go to the device manager in vista it says all of the USB drivers and host drivers are up to date and working properly. There just is absolutly no power coming out of the port. It doesn't matter what the device is I'm plugging in.
If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thank you in advance for the help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-dv6233se-usb-problems.988915/
Relevancy 40.42%

I installed windows xp on my hardrive from my other computer and then took the hardrive out of it and installed it into the hp pavilion 533w tower.I turned the pc on and when I do,I don't get any moniter display. The only thing that happen is the light on the front of my pc tower blinks irratically,and all 3 of my keyboard lights blink on and off and keep doing so at the same speed as the light on my pc tower. Does anyone know how that I can fix this issue? Or does someone have the original restore disk(s) for this 533w computer? If so,could someone please e-mail me a copy of them to [email protected] or please tell me a link that I can get them from so i can make a copy of them for free.?
thank you
charles

Relevancy 40.42%

hi thanks for taking the time to look problems got multiple problems at once and dont know where to start the hp mch has been upgrade with a gigs maxtor hard drive that is controlled by a api ide controller it has had the mother board and nvidia pavilion a530e hp problemS graphics up graded all was working find well not find but it hp pavilion a530e problemS worked i had two problems before the present series of problems occured the hp dvd writer c worked intermitantly the machine some time froze up on boot up rebooting would handle these two issues normally i suppect that the nvidia upgrade was responsible for this as it was the last thing i did before these starting happening as a results of the current set of problems i have removed the navida upgrade and allowed window to roll back the driver whic has resolve the freezing up at boot The current problems two days ago several things happened the dvd and cd rom on the mch are not working the device manage says the drivers are missing or corrupt the maxtor hard drive is not being loaded at boot screen says the bios is missing currently during boot the ide controller is not being seen i found a few viruses on the mch but my research did not indicate that they were notthe direct cause of my problems i used trends sysclean com and the latest pattern as my freedom virus programdidn t catch the viruses to begin with i have a cable firewall the viruses were as follows C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v file Dummy class- b b - fd class JAVA BYTEVER A C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v file SecurityClassLoader class- fd f - a d fe class HTML COOLWEB A Success Clean TROJ IQ A from C RECYCLER S- - - - - - - Dc zip fny exe any and all comments welcome as to what cause this and how i do i go about repair to get the non functioning componets working again nbsp

A:hp pavilion a530e problemS

Did you upgrade the power supply in the HP when you upgraded the components? The stock power supply usually can't handle many upgrades. To be honest an HP should pretty much never be upgraded but replaced. Heat issues are also common so make sure the fans are going well and the case has good ventiliation.

Freedom - its useless and a rip off. You can buy much better programs for much cheaper or even free.

Looks like the entires found are more along the lines of Spyware then a virus. Download and run Adaware SE and Spybot: Search & Destroy. Fix all problems detected by either program.

Spybot: http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10289035.html?tag=lst-0-1

Adaware: http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition/3000-8022_4-10319876.html?tag=lst-0-1

This might fix the CD drive problems: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/EN-US/
It fixes many more problems then those listed in the article so give it a try.

The hard drive problem appears to be hardware related. Make sure that both the IDE and power cables are securely plugged in. Maybe go into the BIOS setup and make sure that its setup correctly or load the BIOS defaults or even use the clear CMOS jumper on the motherboard to reset the BIOS to their defaults.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-a530e-problems.341805/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi all,

I have a HP Pavilion laptop (dv6810us). It's about 1.5 years old, so it came w/Vista. I currently have it dual booted w/7 Premium, and everything works fine except for the display. In the Vista boot, i get 1280x800, very clear. When i boot into 7, it says it displaying the same resolution, but it looks horribly fuzzy, and the icons are larger.

I've tried all display/control panel options thus far, and i've ensured that i have all settings to their highest level. I've searched HP's website for compatible 7 display drivers, but nothing has been released. Is it that my laptop simply cannot handle 7?

A:Display Problems - HP Pavilion

First go to Nvidia and download and unpack the latest driver for your card Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers Then go to this site NVIDIA MobilityModder - DriverHeaven.net And follow the directions on how to modify the .inf file in your driver package you just downloaded. It seems that a lot of mobile drivers need to have the .inf file modified in order to work properly.Take your time and follow the directions, it has solved many a mobile card problrems in tthe past. Good luck. Please post back. Thanks. Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/49101-display-problems-hp-pavilion.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I spilled a small Keyboard Pavilion dv7 problems amount nbsp of water on my keyboard Immediately wiped it off and held the laptop upside Pavilion dv7 Keyboard problems down to shake it no water at all came out Now a bunch of my keys don't work unless I push and hold the tab key while typing it and my arrow keys don t work I tried using a hair dryer on low from a distance with no luck I also popped the keys off of the ones I'm having issues with and there was no water under or on anything at all Is it possible I pushed something while wiping down the keys I checked my sticky keys but Pavilion dv7 Keyboard problems nothing is changed or added thereKeys that don't work unless TAB is also held down T Y number pad number pad Keys that don't work at all above letters number pad - number pad enter key number pad CTRL The water I got on it was on the left side of my keyboard yet part of the right side is being affected That's why I'm wondering if I hit a key while nbsp wiping it down nbsp Also now my mouse pad is not working right It stopped working completely but now when i drag my finger on it it looks like it's lagging nbsp Now it pretty much works when it wants too nbsp Also if I restart my laptop It turns back on with a black screen that reads Windows Boot ManagerChoose an operating system to start or press TAB to select a Pavilion dv7 Keyboard problems tool Use the arrow keys to highlight your choice then press ENTER Windows To specify an advanced option for this choice press F Tools Windows Memory Diagnostic And then I'm pretty sure because my arrow keys don't work the screen is spazzing out and nonstop jumping between highlighting either option

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavilion-dv7-Keyboard-problems/td-p/5650630
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi All..

I have upgraded my vista os laptop to windows 7.now my webcam is not working and audio ,video ,nvidia drivers are missing..pls tell me where shall i get those drivers..i am using Hp pavilion dv9502 au model..before upgrading i was using vista home premium which comes default with that model..and quickplay,volume is not working now..

pls help me ..

and provide me the links if needed for the drivers..

A:Problems with windows7+hp pavilion dv9502

You should be able to find the drivers at the HP site.
Look for drivers and downloads section.
Enter the service tag number and it should take you to the right place.
Be sure to choose W7 as the operating system.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-with-windows7-hp-pavilion-dv9502-450975.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi, I have a Pavilion M50 monitor that i'm using for my computer with windows 2000. The monitor works fine and all, but the microphone that comes attached doesnt.(comes with a cable that plugs into the mic jack)

I thought this might be a driver problem, as windows simply recognizes the Monitor as a "Plug and Play Monitor" and when trying to download the driver from the HP support site it essentially said that the Pavilion M50 had no driver for Windows 2000/XP.

I don't have another micropohne to plug into the jack, only USB ones which work fine. The Audio output of the jack right beside it works fine so i don't believe it is the sound card driver.

Anyways, does anyone know of some sort of driver i could install to make the mic work? Or is it not gonna work?

Relevancy 39.99%

um...yea, well, like i got my compy like 3 years ago, and like..after a year or so..my monitor (MX70) got seriously screwed up...
like during the startup screen (like, the first screen you see afer you start up) and the one where it loads WinXP (it has the Windows logo and green progress bar) nd sometimes when im playing games fullscreen, or watching a visualization fullscreen in Windows Media Player...my monitor like, has a seizure...the screen..the whole picture moves horizontally and tilts...so its like a parallelogram...like it really sinks..

A:HP Pavilion MX70 monitor problems

Try another monitor on your pc..................if the problem stops it isnt the monitor......................like

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-mx70-monitor-problems.398413/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have an HP Pavilion Entertainment with Vista. When I pressed the power button, the first boot screen came up (black with the HP logo), like it's supposed to do. However, it stayed at this screen for five minutes at which point I held down the power button and then tried again.

The same thing happened two more times. Then I turned it off for a few minutes and made sure it had enough air and moved it to another location. And then it worked.

It's ok now, but I'm a little worried the next time I won't be so lucky. Anyone familiar with this problem? Should I be worried?

A:HP Pavilion Vista booting problems

Hi Welcom to Techspot
yes Be afraid Be very afraid (Only joking).

This does indicate some problem, But it is difficult to diagnose, When you power on from now on Watch the Hdd activity light on the Base Unit, and note if it flashes or stays on permanently and post back.

If your pavilion is new and you are still under warranty I suggest you contact HP or your supplier before it escalates into a serious failure..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-vista-booting-problems.113814/
Relevancy 39.99%

HP pavilion (XH365) monitor dimmed almost to the dark. When I point a flashlight to the monitor, I can see the camputer is working.The function keys do not bright or change the monitor settings. I loaded XP Professional from the scratch so it lost the function key utilities to change monitor settings.
This problem came with warning though. It used to dim the monitor when I moved the monitor and moved back was alright. Now it is completely dimmed. I was thinking a loose connection but I could not find anything loose in the monitor after opening it. Is there a light perhaps need to change? or something else is wrong. Is there anybody experienced a similar problems?
Thanks,

A:HP Pavilion laptop monitor problems

Oh my gawd it's contagious

http://forums.techguy.org/t309473.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-laptop-monitor-problems.309466/
Relevancy 39.99%

Have a hp Pavilion 4600ze. Nice laptop and running Windows XP. Have always (almost always) had the situation that if choose restart it will log out and go to black screen and not restart (I'm sure it isn't shutting down). Just sits there and only by powering down can one start back up. I recall finding something on the web to make a change so that Windows XP could be sent through restart OK. I think it did for awhile. Well, I'm back at the point that only way I can do a restart is ultimately turn the computer off. Any ideas?

Pete

Relevancy 39.99%

I'm having problems with - p7 HP my problems Having Pavilion desktop 1549 with my desktop doing some Having problems with my HP Pavilion desktop - p7 1549 very strange things nbsp A few weeks ago it wouldn't boot and complained about no boot device found nbsp I went into bios setup and nbsp simply reset to defaults and it worked for a few weeks nbsp Now it won't boot at all nbsp I've tried accessing the system recovery with F and it complains about some secure boot options I've tried turning secure boot off and it still doesn't work nbsp I tried putting another hard drive in and install Windows to it but I was not successful nbsp Is there any way to upgrade BIOS by booting into a USB nbsp I tried downloading the new bios file but it didn't do anything after I ran it it didn't create a folder for me nbsp nbsp Everything seems really slow takes a few minutes to get into bios or boot options nbsp I've taken the hard drive out and connected it to another computer with an external enclosure and my other computer recognizes the drive nbsp I've been trying to do a system restore startup repair restore to factory defaults and all have not been successful nbsp I just recently deleted out the main partition on my drive in an attempt to install Windows to the drive nbsp The computer seems to be frozen for long times before continuing with the installation prompts nbsp I've pulled the CMOS battery out and pressed the power button with the computer unplugged nbsp Not sure what else I can try I'm starting to think something is wrong with the motherboard nbsp The computer turns on okay and I can boot a windows install USB stick and the keyboard mouse and video work nbsp I think the next thing I'll try is trying to boot to a standalone ubuntu USB stick or updating the bios from boot nbsp Not really concerned about my data I just want to get this computer working again nbsp Any suggestions are appreciated thanks nbsp nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Having problems with my HP Pavilion desktop - p7 1549

Thank you for the additional information. No, you can only create one copy of the Recovery media.  However, you may be able to buy the media from HP.  If you decide to do a complete install, check here first to assure that the software and drivers are available. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Having-problems-with-my-HP-Pavilion-desktop-p7-1549/td-p/5619852
Relevancy 39.99%

Good Morning! i hope some of you guys can help me out in this one!
i have this HP pavilion 541c, that wont start up from any XP boot disks, win XP cds not even the HP recovery will work and wont even boot in safe mode... i dont have the recovery cds,
when i try to boot the computer on normal mode it will just stay loading in the Windows XP booting screen, if i try to load from safe mode (either with dos, networking, etc) it will just load some drivers and lock up there with no choice than restart the computer.

Any hints and tricks on this would be very apreciate it!

Thank you!

N00ber

Relevancy 39.99%

This laptop running win was working fine the kid deleted some file then it immediately it froze after that he manually powered down then restarted it went to the net then Pavilion Freezing Gg4-1117dx HP problems shortly after it froze again Upon restarting it froze on the windows logo after restarting it it froze again at the windows logo but this time the screen HP Pavilion Gg4-1117dx Freezing problems went black Upon restarting this time it showed Startup HP Pavilion Gg4-1117dx Freezing problems repair as an option so I chose that and it gave the system restore option which I chose After it restarted and went back to windows same deal as mentioned above but what was different this time suspecting virus issue installed Mbam but when mban was opening up looks like Avast blocked it and froze this happened times so after going through the system restore process again this time I uninstalled Avast and the system restarted but got stuck on windows logo Seems like this unit is going through the same processes in sequence Any ideas guys

A:HP Pavilion Gg4-1117dx Freezing problems

Please ignore, I did a factory image restore, thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/546023/hp-pavilion-gg4-1117dx-freezing-problems/
Relevancy 39.99%

i had to reset my system a while back and every since my sound wont work and i have tried some drives but i dont think they are the right ones what do i need to try to get it to wrok?

A:hp pavilion a705w sound problems

Have you tried the audio driver from this page?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...l=softwareCategory&query=a705w&product=435558

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-a705w-sound-problems.65558/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have problems with my hp pavilion g6 2206tx I have lost my recovery (D) by installing Windows 8.1 so how to get recover (d) drive or can I buy recovery disk from hp can you please give me link to buy recovery disk link

A:I have problems with my hp pavilion g6 2206tx I have lost my...

Hi,             You cant order the recovery disk online, since this model is released in India. You have to contact the HP India Support over the phone to order the disk or contact the Authorized Service center from the below link http://www8.hp.com/in/en/support-drivers/contact-centers/commercial/south.html

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-have-problems-with-my-hp-pavilion-g6-2206tx-I-have-lost-my/td-p/5601247
Relevancy 39.99%

I'm not sure when this started to happen but my monitor has these gray lines that run horizontal and they are really ugly. They aren't equal in size they vary most of them are 1/8 of and inch maybe. Is this a driver problem? I remember getting a new display driver a few months ago but if i remember right i think this problem occured previous to that upgrade.

Windows XP
Pavilion model XL775
Monitor Pavilion m70

Relevancy 39.99%

Just updated to Win 10. Now as soon as my system starts up the main menu screen starts blinking on and off and the fan come on really loud. Ctrl/Alt/Del works but clicking any of the icons does nothing.

A:HP Pavilion DV7 to windows 10 update problems

Hi Screnk, could you provide more information on the condition of your laptop before the upgrade:1.) Windows OS---Win 7, Win 8? You should require Win 7 SP1 or Win 8.1 to upgrade.2.) How much Ram do you presently have? There is some good info here about the upgrade---as far as requirements, and help. The original up grade link with the search feature for your model here: Upgrade to Windows 10 for HP computers Good luck and looking forward to hearing from you. 

______________________________________________________________________________ProBook 4710S, Win 10 Pro 32 bit, T6570 @ 2.1Ghz, 320GB, 3GB, ATI Mobility HD 4330Elitebook 840 G1 Win 7 Enterprise x64HP Stream 7 Tablet Windows 10 Home

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-DV7-to-windows-10-update-problems/td-p/5204807
Relevancy 39.99%

This is the first time I ve tried this site so I hope I ve got it right I purchased an Hp Pavilion dv in January It s been a great little machine and I have had no complaints up until a few Hp problems Pavilion portal usb dv1000 months ago I use a mdi keyboard at a commercial level and travel around a lor so I use the portals pretty much daily Seems that lately the portals have become loose Firstly Hp Pavilion dv1000 usb portal problems the rear right hand side and then next the front one This pretty much corelates with the frequency of useage of these ports I may be working away on a midi composition and then for what seems like no reason the keyboard will disconnect The same thing happens with my gig external hardrive The problem there is that if I understand it rightly this kind of abrupt disconnect with my hardrive can cause some damage and possible loss of data If only one of the portals was giving me problems then I would take it on the nose and try to work around it but now that the other one has Hp Pavilion dv1000 usb portal problems gone I m beginning to suspect it may be an inherent problem with Hp ports My month warrantee has lapsed now so I basically need to prove to Hp that this is a problem in their portal design and they may come to the party Has anyone else experinced this problem before with Hp Portals Cheers Rob nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-dv1000-usb-portal-problems.573460/
Relevancy 39.99%

i reformatted my computer (xp pro)and now i cant get the audio to work to save my life. ive downloaded drivers from the hp website and tried to update drivers. and i just don't know whats wrong. i had to reformat back from sp3 to sp2 if that matters

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pavilion-dv1000-audio-problems.755616/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have an HP Pavilion Z that I bought with no OS or hard drive Using both a GB Quantum Fireball and a GB Fujitsu hard drive I have attempted to install each Windows SE and Windows XP Professional obviously not at the same time I ran into the errors listed below Windows SE - The machine will boot from the CD and will proceed to the point where the screen displays quot Inspecting your computer's hardware configuration Copying files needed for Windows Setup quot and then it will freeze The CD-Rom simply stops running I know the install disk is a good one and so is the optical drive since I have used both successfully before Windows XP - Boots from CD and proceeds to the point of copying the Kernel Debugger DLL and then it will stop and give the following error quot setupdd sys not found Error Code is quot Same error was found using another copy of the installation disk Now I have heard the HP's are notorious for troublesome settings in their BIOS Is there some setting I can change that will allow the system to install the OS I am truly puzzled by this I am not exactly a newbie I have installed many OS's on many second hand systems and I have never run into an issue I could not resolve on my own Any help would be appreciated

A:HP Pavilion 6573Z OS installation problems

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;330181

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hp-pavilion-6573z-os-installation-problems-73743.html
Relevancy 39.99%

My pavilion ze xp O S is having problems starting up I believe that the fan had some troubles in the past as I am almost positive the notebook has shut off after leaving it on all day while I was out Currently and for at least months since the previously described shut down the fan appears to be working ok since I sucked some of the dust out- but the problem I am having now occurs at start up Lately Pavilion startup problems ze4560us when I attempt to boot the thing up- its like playin the lottery At times I get some of the display lights to turn on but then no sounds of anything else booting up and thats as far as it gets Other times I get a little further and maybe the windows xp screen may appear but then it just doesn t go any further Interestingly when I get to this stage I don Pavilion ze4560us startup problems t hear the fan or processor kicking in but sometimes when I win the lottery I hear the fan kick in and away I go Lastely just today the notebook would not show the a c light when plugged in except when I took out the battery- then I received a blinking a c light and the thing eventually turned on Previously when I would attempt to start the notebook the lights would come on and then nothing else so I would unplug the a c- but all the display lights would still be on Im not speaking of the screen only the small display lights around the keyboard thus I would have to take the battery out to shut off all the lights before tying to start it up again Noteworthy- I do receive on error message after xp fully loads It reads RUNDLL error loading c programfiles wildtangent apps cda cdaengine dll However- I dont necessarily believe that this is related but I thought Id better be thorough sorry for the novel hope someone can help nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

hp pavilion hp Major a1747c pavilion Problems a c Major hp pavilion a1747c Major Problems Problems I have posted this once in windows Vista and was told to post it here I am running Vista came preloaded I got a worm or spyware in my system and macfee and windows live one care was ineffected and in fact they wont fully come on now I went into safe mode and manually deleted the worm spyware in c users harold appdata local temp temp a temp exe their was a total of of them ending in B AC C A A B C ED FCCD DB D But my computer wont load anything and if it does it will freeze the program or continue to load foever so i have to use task manager to shut it off I tried a system restore and it wont let me load it I cant even get on the internet says my diagnostic system service connectivity needs to be turned on but when i try to manually turn on any service it times out its like none of my drivers will load or services I can play music and video in media player but it eventually turns screen kind of white and stops and program is non responsive I have tried to load driver and even my wifi setting from disk and it will read them but wont load anything from my drive Please Helm I can't even back up anything to disk cause its like nothing fully works

A:hp pavilion a1747c Major Problems

I have also tried system recovery but it sdays ntsfd not present i think and i have 4 backup disk but no system recovery disk and syatem says i already made one set but i didnt. Also i have norton 360 on disk but cant install it till i uninstall windows live one care but when i try to uninstall it tries to get on the internet to go to live one care site but cant so it is a catch 22. Any suggestions????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hp-pavilion-a1747c-major-problems-631099.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Ive been trying to fix this pc by process of elimination Pavilion with Media HP Centre Problems at first it wunt boot and when it did it took ages to do anything so as i inspected all the parts i noticed the hard drive getting hot very quickly and ticking so i replaced the hard drive fully expecting it to be problem solved After doing clean install and booting it was still dragging its heels so i tried different PSU RAM and even stripped the whole thing down cleaning and reseating everything but the lag was still there I tried a few tests on the CPU and the motherboard and all the tests passed so baffled i decided to try a different motherboard and all worked as it should Now i would like to know why the hard drive and the motherboard were faulty at the same time Could it be caused by something else I tested the PSU voltage output and it was ok so could the faulty motherboard have damaged the hard drive or visa versa nbsp

A:Problems with HP Pavilion Media Centre

More than likely the pw supply is what damaged both items. A mb failure is not really going to affect the hd. It could also be that both the board and the drive just failed. Almost always big box systems like hp, dell, etc come with a pw supply that is just enough to power the system as shipped. There is little or no room for upgrades OR for deterioration of the pw supply. Just think about it for a min. If you make anything work at near 100% of its rated pw, it is not going to last very long. How long would your car last if it were driver at full throttle all of the time?

How did you test the pw supply? Using a multimeter is not really going to tell you anything except what the no-load voltage readings are; it is not going to tell you how it works under a load.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-hp-pavilion-media-centre.740871/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello all I got this huge problem that i dont seem to be able to solve by myself I got this laptop HP Pavilion dv - eo that i game world of warcraft on lowest dv6-1340eo problems heat Pavilion HP settings in cataclyst control center and in world of warcraft My gpu grafic processor is degress celsius in idle mode and - degress when i game I have the computor about cm over the table so it get HP Pavilion dv6-1340eo heat problems some air flow under i have a quot fan that i have on the side of table that blows air under the laptop and i get this numbers without the fan i can reach degress on gpu and im so afraid that i will burn it What options do i have to solve this problem I read about ppl opening them up totally and clean them then they drop in degress but i tried to i try remove all screws beneth and all i could get into is harddrive then it was stop couldnt find out how to come into the grafic card Really need help with this Dampo nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-dv6-1340eo-heat-problems.943262/
Relevancy 39.99%

When I perform a right mouse click.. It seems that no matter when I move the mouse, its constantly selecting anything I hover over. I have re-installed Drivers and BIOS.  I know I can get an external mouse, but this is BRAND NEW Laptop.  Its not hovering and clicking as I move around, its selecting as I move around, highlighting everything I hover over.  Any ideas? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Performance-Pavilion-17t-Touchpad-Problems/td-p/5745894
Relevancy 39.99%

So i have a hp pavilion zv6000 and everytime i click on control panel or my computer it gives me this wired message saying something about hardware and restarts Also when it restarted and i logged back in the error message said this : BCP1:00000008 BCP2: 80042000 BCP3: 0000000 BCP4: 0000000 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 3_0 Product: 7681 Any way i can fix this ? Please help.

A:HP Pavilion control panel problems

Are there any minidumps produced? Go here and learn how to post and zip them if necessary:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-control-panel-problems.179353/
Relevancy 39.99%

I am running Vista came preloaded I got a worm or spyware in my system and macfee and windows live one care was ineffected and in fact they wont fully come on now I went into safe mode and manually deleted the worm spyware in c users harold appdata local temp temp a temp exe their was a total of of them ending in B AC C A A B C ED FCCD DB D a1747c pavilion Problems Major hp But my computer wont load anything and if it does it will freeze the program or continue to load foever so i have to use task manager to shut it off I tried a system restore and it wont let me load it I cant even get on the internet says my diagnostic system service connectivity hp pavilion a1747c Major Problems needs to be turned on but when i try to manually turn on any service it times out its like none of my drivers will load or services I can play music and video in media player but it eventually turns screen kind of white and stops and program is non responsive I have tried to load driver and even my wifi setting from disk and it will read them but wont load anything from my drive Please Helm I can't even back up anything to disk cause its like nothing fully works

A:hp pavilion a1747c Major Problems

Harold, more than likely you're still infected. Just removing the files from your temp. directory isn't enough. Read through the instructions in this link then create a new post in the virus and security forum. Someone there will give you a hand removing the malware. NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavilion-a1747c-major-problems-630543.html
Relevancy 39.56%

My laptop works perfectly ok on battery.  However the first time I plug in the AC adaptor, the laptop switches off.   If I switch the lapton on with the AC adaptor connected and switched on, the screen dispays the hp logo then hibernates!  I have checked all the updates and run all the diagnostics I can, to no avail.  Grateful for any ideas.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Pavilion-Notebook-problems-when-connected-to-ac-adaptor/td-p/5716165
Relevancy 39.56%

I have two problems with my HP Pavilion 17-f010na laptop. I recently installed the Windows 10 upgrade (previously 8.1). The problems: The laptop is not charging the battery. Battery status is displaying "0% available plugged in charging", if the mains charger is turned off the laptop immediately shuts down.When the laptop goes into standby mode (after specified power saver time), the screen goes black (which is normal) but the laptop will not come out of standby mode, screen remains black, the power light remains on.I don't know if these two problems are related or if the Windows 10 upgrade has caused these problems? The laptop is just over a year old and has had very little use, perhaps just a few hours only.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-17-f010na-Not-Charging-amp-Standbye-Problems/td-p/5711405
Relevancy 39.56%

I purchased a HP Pavilion a n PC I have a touch more information in the computer stats last August it has been working quite nicely until recently I am a graphics editor working with CS and a photographer shooting with RAW so my first thought was that I was running out of memory However when freezing. having Pavilion slow, Comp. HP problems; I looked under my quot computer quot my hard drives are as follows HP C GB free of GB and HP D GB free of GB It has been Slow dreadfully slow something that would ordinarily take seconds will come HP Pavilion Comp. having problems; slow, freezing. up as quot minutes remaining quot and then drop down to quot minute minutes seconds etc quot usually taking an actual minute and seconds to complete the task i e transferring two pictures from one file to another Freezing quite often It started out only freezing when I had lots going on like CS iTunes three internet explorers and several documents all at once Lately it has started freezing when only two programs are open Small things like opening two new pages in quick succession throw it into a frenzy that typically results in a freeze I have Norton installed and it seems quite happy with its perky little green checkmark but I do think I have a virus If it seems not what is it How can I get my computer back If it is a virus how HP Pavilion Comp. having problems; slow, freezing. can I get rid of it How do I prevent it from happening again How can I protect my content As a writer and photographer my career is on this computer I m HP Pavilion Comp. having problems; slow, freezing. terrified of loosing it nbsp

A:HP Pavilion Comp. having problems; slow, freezing.

Please people...I really need help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-comp-having-problems-slow-freezing.668634/
Relevancy 39.56%

I bought an HP Pavilion laptop Performance Pavilion Laptop HP Slow Problems very recently It has Windows and arrived in the mail not more than a week ago The first thing I did after the obligatory setup process was to restore the HP Pavilion Laptop Slow Performance Problems files from my old laptop which broke via ClickFree currently I have of GB free and once that was completed I installed several programs Office Vipre Photoshop etc Apart from that I have done very little to the actual hard drive of the computer since I save everything externally on my ClickFree nbsp My problems started occurring rather suddenly early Wednesday morning In Firefox I opened a tab to go to Facebook and scrolling through the news feed seemed rather sluggish I closed the tab but the sluggishness continued in the other tabs I had open and then spread to programs not involving the Internet These problems have gradually worsened nbsp On the Internet performance is especially slow I have given up on video players like Netflix since they freeze the browser to the point of crashing Loading pages is extremely delayed even typing this message experiences freezes despite the fact that I have nothing else running in the browser There are frequent messages warning of unresponsive plugins and scripts though ironically these messages often become unresponsive before I can end the offending plugin or script It is difficult to actually do anything on the Internet as loading pages and switching tabs can take many minutes Just clicking can cause the browser to freeze for minutes at a time nbsp Off the Internet programs load extremely slowly often freezing Opening folders sometimes with increasing frequency results in a green loading bar at the top of the screen Sometimes this bar gets stuck and cannot finish and I cannot access the contents of the folder this happened while I tried to open Control Panel to get more specific information about the computer to include in this message Sometimes programs like video players open without actually playing the video file or they don't open at all Often these programs freeze and sometimes crash the desktop and the explorer bar at the bottom of the screen with the Start menu etc are not unlikely to freeze or disappear altogether for varying degrees of time When I first got the computer CPU usage averaged around - but now it averages - nbsp Starting up the computer has also become difficult and time-consuming The last time I restarted I entered my login password only to be granted a completely black screen for at least half an hour my desktop and icons only appeared when nbsp I pressed control-alt-delete After that I stopped turning off the computer this was not long ago This morning I opened the laptop to log in but was only given a please wait while the computer tried to load the login page This took ten-fifteen minutes and then I was finally able to enter my password nbsp These issues are only getting worse and I'm sure I am forgetting several but I believe what I have included is sufficient to illustrate my problem This is a brand new laptop but it runs almost as poorly as my old laptop which became unusable recently and had to be replaced with this one I can't imagine what is causing this but I would really love to have it fixed I installed a program called Fix-It Utilities the installation disc came with the laptop to try to improve the laptop's performance but to no avail Any help would be greatly appreciated Solved View Solution

A:HP Pavilion Laptop Slow Performance Problems

Hello ValentineKills. I understand the computer is slow. I will do my best to assist you!

This can be caused by a hardware failure or software/driver/virus conflict. However, we won't know until troubleshooting is done.

I'm going to provide a few official documents that provide information on how to speed up the computer. I want you to follow all the steps, in all the documents. This way, if the issue exists, it will narrow down the root cause. Here are the documents I want you to try:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2746761

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03460887

Since you are running Windows 8, I do have an additional suggestion: Complete all Windows updates, then update the computer to Windows 8.1. While the operating system is upgrading, try using the computer and see if the speed is any different.

Please respond when you complete this troubleshooting. I'm only here to help!

Mario

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-Laptop-Slow-Performance-Problems/td-p/3249225
Relevancy 39.56%

I must say that I am stumped with this one no apparent HP with Pavilion slow running problems... I have an HP Pavilion DV laptop GHz Turion bit gb of ddr Ram ATI Radeon Mobile x graphics card running Win XP MCE The computer is very slow to boot and slow to do anything HP Pavilion running slow with no apparent problems... else I have cleaned the old HP Pavilion running slow with no apparent problems... unused programs off of it disabled all start up programs disabled the MC service Checked paging fle which is where it needs to be did virus scans with updated AVG ativirus in both safe mode and regular boot clean did Malwarebytes scans in both safe mode and regular boot clean ran a registry cleaner Eusing Defragged the hard drive ran Disk Cleanup ran several tests on the RAM and Hard drive for integrity all have come back good The hard drive is an gb with about half used The system takes min or so to boot up and when it does get booted up the video and the sound are both very choppy youtube and everything is very slow Checking task manager for processes for all users the CPU HP Pavilion running slow with no apparent problems... usage stays between - but no process in the tree shows any real usage at all Any ideas on this conundrum Could we have a Motherboard problem and how would I go about testing this Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:HP Pavilion running slow with no apparent problems...

The obvous answer maybe the corect one? Have you consider that this machine may be nearing its "end of life"? Trust me, I hate to face that fact as well, but it may be the case, since you have tried everything except a full reformat. Never hurts to try a fresh start.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/393812/hp-pavilion-running-slow-with-no-apparent-problems/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I recently put a cd that has my chemistry textbook (nelson Science chemistry 20) on my mum's laptop. (Windows 7 HP Pavilion) When I put the disk in it told me that I was not compatable. So I took it out. Over the next few days the laptop would say that she had to check the disk. Then when she would try to turn her computer on it would say that the disk needed to be checked and it would give us ten seconds to push ANY button to turn it off the check. We have tried pushing any button and even esc but once it gets to 1 second it just stops. There is ont even a disk the computer. Please help!

A:Hp Pavilion winds 7 disk start problems

Have you tried using Safe Mode? (tapping the F8 key when you start your computer), if successful and you can get into Windows, try choosing a Restore Point prior to when you put in that CD of yours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-winds-7-disk-start-problems.969232/
Relevancy 39.56%

I know HP hates Linux and doesn't really support it so I'll list the problems which I've discovered with and hardware problems Pavilion Multiple 13-s... HP on BIOS while running the latest Windows release on these laptops nbsp DPTF Source File Sources Policies PolicyLib PolicyBase cpp line Executing Function PolicyBase takeControlOfOsc Message Failed to acquire OSC Failure during execution of OSC DPTF Build Version DPTF Build Date Dec Source Multiple problems with hardware and BIOS on HP Pavilion 13-s... File Sources Manager EsifServices cpp line Executing Function EsifServices primitiveExecuteSet Message Error returned from ESIF services interface function call Participant NoParticipant Domain NoDomain ESIF Primitive SET OPERATING SYSTEM CAPABILITIES ESIF Instance ESIF Return Code ESIF E UNSUPPORTED ACTION TYPE Policy Passive Policy Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Process-Power Collaborative processor power controls on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware The speed of processor in Multiple problems with hardware and BIOS on HP Pavilion 13-s... group is being limited by system firmware The processor has been in this reduced performance state for seconds since the last report WHEA-Logger A corrected hardware error has occurred Component PCI Express Root Port Error Source Advanced Error Reporting PCI Express Bus Device Function x x C x Vendor ID Device ID x x D Class Code x The details view of this entry contains further information nbsp This is not all Linux on this laptop has several major problems as well nbsp The kernel cannot enter PC sleep state so idle power consumption is very big Just like Windows Linux shows hardware errors nbsp pcieport c AER Corrected error received id e pcieport c PCIe Bus Error severity Corrected type Physical Layer id e Receiver ID pcieport c device d error status mask pcieport c Receiver Error First pcieport c AER Corrected error received id e pcieport c PCIe Bus Error severity Corrected type Physical Layer id e Receiver ID pcieport c device d error status mask pcieport c Receiver Error First pcieport c AER Corrected error received id e pcieport c PCIe Bus Error severity Corrected type Physical Layer id e Receiver ID pcieport c device d error status mask pcieport c Receiver Error First pcieport c AER Corrected error received id e pcieport c PCIe Bus Error severity Corrected type Physical Layer id e Receiver ID pcieport c device d error status mask pcieport c Receiver Error First pcieport c AER Corrected error received id e pcieport c PCIe Bus Error severity Corrected type Physical Layer id e Receiver ID pcieport c nbsp nbsp device d error status mask pcieport c nbsp nbsp nbsp Receiver Error nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp pcieport c AER Corrected error received id e pcieport c PCIe Bus Error severity Corrected type Physical Layer id e Receiver ID pcieport c nbsp nbsp device d error status mask pcieport c nbsp nbsp nbsp Receiver Error nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp First pcieport c AER Corrected error received id e pcieport c PCIe Bus Error severity Corrected type Physical Layer id e Receiver ID pcieport c nbsp nbsp device d error status mask pcieport c nbsp nbsp nbsp Receiver Error nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp pcieport c AER Corrected error received id e pcieport c PCIe Bus Error severity Corrected type Physical Layer id e Receiver ID pcieport c nbsp nbsp device d error status mask pcieport c nbsp nbsp nbsp Receiver Error nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp pcieport c AER Corrected error received id e pcieport c PCIe Bus Error severity Corrected type Physical Layer id e Receiver ID pcieport c nbsp nbsp device d error status mask pcieport c nbsp nbsp nbsp Receiver Error nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp First pcieport c AER Corrected error received id e pcieport c PCIe Bus Error severity Corrected type Physical Layer id e Receiver ID pcieport c nbsp nbsp device d error status mask pcieport c nbsp nbsp nb... Read more

A:Multiple problems with hardware and BIOS on HP Pavilion 13-s...

inthemirror Sorry, but you're not going to pressure HP into doing anything by posting on this forum This is just a community self-help forum staffed by volunteers.  HP maintains no official presence in these forums. If you want to contact HP, then you need to start with HP Customer Support. If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.htmlNOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Multiple-problems-with-hardware-and-BIOS-on-HP-Pavilion-13/td-p/5593565
Relevancy 39.56%

What do i need to do if mine laptop doesn't do anything after the hard reset. It goes on and then it automatically shut off

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Notebook-Pavilion-7-hp-problems-after-hard-reset/td-p/5712605
Relevancy 39.56%

I recently got a laptop using hp zv6000 pavilion external monitor problems with the hp pavilion zv and figured well cool i can just plug this into my external monitor hook my keyboard mouse etc using external monitor with hp pavilion zv6000 problems all into it and have a nice computer so i came on here and asked how to do this becuase i using external monitor with hp pavilion zv6000 problems was having problems a member suggested i got to the hp website which i did and they said to press the fn key then the f key and it will switch over and i did and it worked after i restarted my laptop it went back to the laptops screen wtf so i attempted to switch it back and all it did was my external monitor would flash a litle then nothing so i got mad and just shut the laptop off and walked away from it later i got back on and tried it again and it worked ummm ok why thats weird so i was like cool and then i restarted it again and it brought it up on the external monitor again awsome so i played some games on it to test it out and restarted it here we go again it went back to the monitor on the laptop and now it wont go back to the external monitor is there any way to set the external monitor as the primary once and for all or untill at least i decide to take the laptop with me somewere in the settings tab of display i see something under monitor that says set as primary device but it is grayed out and it wont let me click it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-external-monitor-with-hp-pavilion-zv6000-problems.603830/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi everybody, I am having problems installing an e-GeForce 8600GT in a Pavilion a6030la. My desktop runs on Windows Vista and I have not been able to install the monitor driver yet (HP w1907) since it has a bug HP has not fixed yet. I have disabled the current video and TV card drivers but the monitor does not pick any signal and disconnects, does anybody have an idea of what could I do? or, is it simply that I bought the wrong graphics card? P.D.: I have already upgraded the power supply to 400W

A:Problems installing e-GeForce8600GT on Pavilion a6030la

Are you using nVidia drivers after 163? (version number that is)

If so, there seems to be a bug where it outputs to S-Video (or similar) by default. You may need to plug something into that port so that you can get into the control panel to setup the signal to the monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-installing-e-geforce8600gt-on-pavilion-a6030la.96653/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello good few days ago I made me a HP Pavilion precisely the -ab la and is very good team and came with Win so good and runs smoothly but I do not like WIN and wanted to put the Win Ultimate Bit well that was advice problems with HP 14-ab021la DRIVER Pavilion the easy part that I DRIVER advice problems with HP Pavilion 14-ab021la could not solve and which I write is that some of the drivers DRIVER advice problems with HP Pavilion 14-ab021la that the same HP makes available on its support site do not work well or are not needed by the system luckily They are not the majority Now I am writing to you ASKING FOR HELP fervently it is important for me to leave working well Well first of all thank all DRIVER advice problems with HP Pavilion 14-ab021la help you can give me advice and down here I leave some details of the driver that I can not ride and some more comments Of course thanks a million nbsp nbsp As nbsp you nbsp can nbsp see nbsp the nbsp missing nbsp driver nbsp are nbsp not nbsp not nbsp important nbsp it nbsp is nbsp essential nbsp that nbsp work nbsp well nbsp USB nbsp nbsp and nbsp nbsp coming nbsp and nbsp networks nbsp as nbsp well nbsp as nbsp Bluetooth nbsp and nbsp LAN nbsp also nbsp did nbsp not nbsp work nbsp well nbsp with nbsp the nbsp driver nbsp that nbsp puts nbsp HP nbsp in nbsp your nbsp site nbsp support Here nbsp is nbsp the nbsp driver nbsp I nbsp got nbsp off nbsp the nbsp HP nbsp site nbsp and nbsp marked nbsp in nbsp yellow nbsp that nbsp give nbsp me nbsp problems nbsp and nbsp I nbsp are nbsp important nbsp to nbsp solve nbsp nbsp As nbsp you nbsp can nbsp see nbsp on nbsp the nbsp site nbsp of nbsp HP nbsp not nbsp refer nbsp to nbsp the nbsp USB nbsp driver nbsp and nbsp searching nbsp the nbsp NET nbsp saw nbsp that nbsp commented nbsp that nbsp the nbsp USB nbsp drivers nbsp might nbsp be nbsp in nbsp the nbsp driver nbsp chipset nbsp but nbsp it nbsp is nbsp not nbsp maybe nbsp also nbsp has nbsp to nbsp do nbsp with nbsp some nbsp BIOS nbsp settings nbsp not nbsp know nbsp me nbsp because nbsp I nbsp found nbsp rummaging nbsp in nbsp the nbsp BIOS nbsp a nbsp setting nbsp that nbsp enables nbsp USB nbsp but nbsp only nbsp nbsp USB nbsp mode nbsp and nbsp just nbsp keeps nbsp asking nbsp me nbsp the nbsp driver nbsp Leave nbsp images nbsp of nbsp the nbsp BIOS nbsp nbsp nbsp This nbsp is nbsp all nbsp I nbsp hope nbsp someone nbsp can nbsp help nbsp me nbsp solve nbsp this nbsp problem nbsp that nbsp surely nbsp happened nbsp to nbsp anyone nbsp before nbsp Thank nbsp thousand nbsp and nbsp stay nbsp tuned nbsp for nbsp comments nbsp thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/DRIVER-advice-problems-with-HP-Pavilion-14-ab021la/td-p/5677466
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello, I have notebook HP Pavilion dv6700 (FE569EA#AKB) with OS Windows 10 64-bit. All drivers have been instaled OK, but it doesnt not sound to me. I was looking at various tutorials and still nothing. My drivers is Realtek High Definition Audio v. 10.0.10586.0 for speakers and output.In system information is state: OKI reboot the audio driver, but nothing.Volume in all settings enabled, but nothing. Windows 10 was not installed from update. HP admin, pleas send me functionig driver.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Pavilion-dv6700-windows-10-sound-problems/td-p/5704086
Relevancy 39.56%

I am trying to help someone with an HP Pavilion laptop with an AMD A - GHz processor GB RAM Windows version Build bit There are problems the most vexing is extremely slow boot time The computer has AVG and Malwarebytes both up to date and neither of the scans has found any malware I uninstalled several programs that thought might be the source of the problem but they weren t I checked the problems with and HP Pavilion boot other extremely slow Startup and disabled several programs that I thought might be the source of the problem but they weren t I then searched the internet for some answers but it turns out there are a multitude of possibilities most of what I found on the internet mentioned malware slow programs too many startup programs I searched this forum but I did not find anything that I could determine HP Pavilion with extremely slow boot and other problems is relevant Does anyone have any ideas The other problems may or may not be related When starting up either from power off or a restart the the boot menu options F or Esc are not displayed Also we cannot get to quot Change PC settings quot When I click on that in the right panel an icon is placed on the taskbar but when I click on it it just flashes on the screen but nothing happens I also tried accessing settings using the search field and clicking on the result but that doesn t work either So far what I have found in searches does not appear to address these specific issues so I would appreciate any ideas Thank you nbsp

A:HP Pavilion with extremely slow boot and other problems

Open a admin command prompt and type the following

SFC /SCANNOW

Press enter

Post back the results

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-with-extremely-slow-boot-and-other-problems.1165269/
Relevancy 39.56%

Product bought in Dec 2014.  Have been giving power up problems for some time.  When power adaptor connected and on no light comes on as if notebook totally dead.  Got a new adaptor to try made no difference.  I am thinking it must be the battery inside needs replacing and I can see a video on HP support site illustrating how to change the battery.Kindly can an expert verify looking at the symptoms if it is the battery please I can then go ahead and order a replacement and change it myself.  Many thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-x360-11-n012na-POWER-PROBLEMS/td-p/5810468
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello to all I recently posted a problem relating to my pci-e wireless network card not being detectable at all by windows while when i go back to vista it works fine This means I can't get internet for Windows leaving it useless HP internet pavilion m9350f Problems with to connecting in many ways Now I tried every single driver that's listed on HP's website Select software and drivers and whenever I try Problems with HP pavilion m9350f connecting to internet to install any of these drivers it always comes saying that my system does not meet minimum requirements My system is great I'll post stats below so I know it has to do something with the drivers not being capable with windows I tried running all of them in capability mode Vista XP so on with no luck Does any one have any suggestions on how to get this Network Card Ralink Technology Corp Ralink Technology Corp pci-e network card to work with windows seven Maybe Im not using the right driver look at website above so if Im not can someone lead me in the right direction Overview My computer's running windows vista and windows on another partition does not pick up my pci-e network card while running windows I tried the drivers from the website listed above that has all of the latest drivers for my system on windows itself with each one saying my system is not commpatible lt lt that must be error code Tryed running them in capability mode didn't work They all worked on vista p s i tried driver wizard with no luck System Specs Mainboard PEGATRON CORPORATION VIOLA Chipset nVidia nForce a Processor AMD Phenom X MHz Physical Memory MB Video Card NVIDIA Geforce GT Hard Disk NVIDIA GB DVD-Rom Drive HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH L SCSI CdRom Device DVD-Rom Drive SJWJ QNGTMVKHIV SCSI CdRom Device Monitor Type SONY SDM-HS P - inches Network Card Nvidia Corp Nvidia Corp Network Card Ralink Technology Corp Ralink Technology Corp Operating System Windows TM Vista Home Premium Home Edition Service Pack x DirectX Version Windows Performance Index So can anyone help me to get a Ralink pci-e network card to work on windows Sorry for big post Thanks

A:Problems with HP pavilion m9350f connecting to internet

Quote: Originally Posted by eurosport360

Hello to all,
I recently posted a problem relating to my pci-e wireless network card not being detectable at all by windows 7, while when i go back to vista, it works fine. This means I can't get internet for Windows 7, leaving it useless in many ways. Now I tried every single driver that's listed on HP's website (Select software and drivers*), and whenever I try to install any of these drivers, it always comes saying that my system does not meet minimum requirements. My system is great, (I'll post stats below), so I know it has to do something with the drivers not being capable with windows 7. I tried running all of them in capability mode (Vista, XP, so on), with no luck.

Does any one have any suggestions on how to get this Network Card: (Ralink Technology Corp Ralink Technology Corp pci-e network card) to work with windows seven? Maybe Im not using the right driver^^look at website above, so if Im not can someone lead me in the right direction?

Overview: My computer's running windows vista and windows 7(on another partition), does not pick up my pci-e network card while running windows 7. I tried the drivers from the website listed above that has all of the latest drivers for my system on windows 7 itself, with each one saying my system is not commpatible (9998) <<that must be error code. Tryed running them in capability mode, didn't work. They all worked on vista.
p.s. i tried driver wizard with no luck.

System Specs:
Mainboard : PEGATRON CORPORATION VIOLA
Chipset : nVidia nForce 720a
Processor : AMD Phenom X4 9850 @ 2500 MHz
Physical Memory : 6144 MB
Video Card : NVIDIA Geforce 9800 GT
Hard Disk : NVIDIA (750 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH10L SCSI CdRom Device
DVD-Rom Drive : SJWJ QNGTMVKHIV SCSI CdRom Device
Monitor Type : SONY SDM-HS94P - 19 inches
Network Card : Nvidia Corp Nvidia Corp
Network Card : Ralink Technology Corp Ralink Technology Corp
Operating System : Windows (TM) Vista Home Premium Home Edition 6.00.6001 Service Pack 1 x64
DirectX : Version 10.00
Windows Performance Index : 5.9

So can anyone help me to get a Ralink pci-e network card to work on windows 7?

Sorry for big post
Thanks

ok you have a internet connection right now from vista or another computer correct?
what does the device manager
right click my computer
click properties
click device manager
(can you take a snip of it?)
if you dont know look here (also applies to windows 7) How to use the Snipping Tool in Vista - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/2572-problems-hp-pavilion-m9350f-connecting-internet.html
Relevancy 39.56%

HP laptop has a touch pad with a small area just to the right for what I suppose is quick scrolling.
There are small lights that allow you to run your finger over it and the page will move quickly.
Mine stopped working, and I am not sure what it is called, or how to look for a problem.
Nothing seems to show up under touch pad.
Any help would be appreciated.
Doug

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/touch-pad-problems-hp-pavilion-9720-laptop.684620/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a HP Pavilion ZT1180 laptop that I got from my friend. I noticed the following prob

It powers down after running for some time.
It could be after 10 mins sometimes and the max till now is about a half hour.
I ran some stress tests on it and it just shuts off by itself. I am wondering if there is anything wrong with the power or fan or something of the sort.

Plz Advise

A:Power Problems With Hp Pavilion Zt1180 Laptop

Sounds like a heat issue to me. Make sure that all the fans are running.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-problems-with-hp-pavilion-zt1180-laptop.395378/
Relevancy 39.56%

SOLVED HP Pavilion dv Display Problems I would really appreciate some input as to what might be going on with my display Here is what my system looks like HP Pavilion dv Windows Vista Home bit Intel Core Duo gigs RAM Nvidia GeForce m GS mb inch Widescreen The Problem Yesterday Display Dv9000 Hp My With Pavilion Problems Laptop I left my computer on and went to sleep I woke up to use it and discovered that there would black out momentarily and Display Problems With My Hp Pavilion Dv9000 Laptop the screen would freeze After a while it would come on again and there would be a message that the display driver nn did not respond and is now recovered This has happened a few time now in the last minutes What I've tried so far I used system restore to return to a previous restore point but this doesent seem to have solved the problem I would liket o know what the problem is and how to solve it I also left it on the sofa and met the heat sink very hot as the heat had been unable to escape My brother says I have too many icons on the lcd dispaly and this could have affected the driver Any ideas Thanks ahead for any response to this

A:Display Problems With My Hp Pavilion Dv9000 Laptop

Hi
I have the same problem.

How do/did you solve it.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/display-problems-with-my-hp-pavilion-dv9000-laptop-288880.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello! Notebook model Pavilion x360 13-a151n k1w98ea#acbI have downgrade to Win7 x64, allmost all device are indetificated in Windows Device manager, except only ACPI\ACPI000E also I can't to connect bluetooth mouse Logitech M557 (it works fine under Win8)I have only Generic bluetooth adapter and MS Bluetooth enumiratorI have tried about 5 different versions of drivers of different manufactures from Intel and Broadcom but none succedd. Please help at least identificate which manufacturer bluetooth I need to install drivers. Thank you for help!

A:HP Pavilion x360 - 13-a151nr bluetooth problems

Hi: What model wireless netowork adapter does your notebook have? You install the corresponding model bluetooth driver for the model wireless network adapter your notebook has. I doubt you will get the ACPI\ACPI000E device to install on W7. I have zipped up and attached the driver for it, but most of the time it won't install. You have to manually install it by browsing to the driver folder from the device in the device manager.

acpitime.inf.zip ?7 KB

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-x360-13-a151nr-bluetooth-problems/td-p/5640609
Relevancy 39.56%

My HP Pavilion dv - dx Entertainment Notebook PC goes to blank display frequently during working on the same It is having Vista with dv4-1465dx entertainment Problems HP notebook Pavilion Home Premium Edition installed The only indication at that time is the blinking of the POWER ON button When we press space bar Problems with HP Pavilion dv4-1465dx entertainment notebook or Enter key it tries to load to the original condition and after getting the previous screen loaded for Problems with HP Pavilion dv4-1465dx entertainment notebook few seconds it Problems with HP Pavilion dv4-1465dx entertainment notebook goes back to the blank state with POWER ON button blinking If I put some light from torch or something on the display sometimes I can see the screen loaded In such cases of sleep activity the CTRL ALT DEL won t work pressing continuously on the POWER ON button won t work in order to shutdown and I had to remove the battery to start the Notebook again So after searching the internet for the same kind of issues I re-installed my OS from Vista to Windows bit and I installed some of the drivers from the HP Site corresponding to my Note Book HP Pavilion dv - dx Entertainment Notebook PC and Windows Bit OS After that also it is going to the blank state but returns immediately by showing a message as quot Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot So when I checked this in HP site as as per that I updated the Intel Graphics driver for the chip set corresponding to my Note Book and Windows Bit OS In that case also the volume control display on the screen was not showing anything while increasing decreasing the volume but it is working as normal without any display Again based on the search in HP Site I reinstalled my BIOS from HP F to Insyde Flash F After that when I press quot F quot while booting the machine I m not getting the options such as Safe Mode Safe Mode with Command Prompt Restore Last known Good configuration etc I m getting a red screen with some other options containing some different technical terms Is it because of the wrong BIOS updating or something else If it is related to BIOS can I downgrade from F to F Or is there any other way to get the above mentioned options such as quot Safe Mode Safe Mode with Command Prompt Restore Last known Good configuration etc quot same as pressing the F button Expecting the support in this matter nbsp

A:Problems with HP Pavilion dv4-1465dx entertainment notebook

How old is this computer? The power supply may be on it's way out...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-hp-pavilion-dv4-1465dx-entertainment-notebook.166313/
Relevancy 39.56%

I am using a 1-year-old Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 installed only a few months ago. Today, suddenly I have noticed many issues that appear to be with the OS- all programs are having trouble responding, with no obvious pattern. The start menu is often failing to open. Ctrl-alt-delete leads me to a blank screen. Sometimes the computer freezes entirely. Often my only option is to just turn the computer off. Restarting does not solve the problem. I don't know what's causing this - windows updated a few days ago, as did some hp updates, but other than that i'm stumped. I'm using this computer to study for exams in a foreign country so I need help ASAP!!!

A:pavilion laptop having operating system problems

I can advise to roll back the last update of windows may be some of the updates was the cause of your bug

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/pavilion-laptop-having-operating-system-problems/td-p/5594067
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey there Decided that I was going to have a PC to muck around with so I just recently acquired a PC which a mate was going to Problems HP 6619 on computer switching (AP) Pavilion - chuck out - HP Pavilion AP believe AP means Asia Pacific Micro ATX Case and a Mhz Celeron Processor and other not so fancy specs compared to what is coming Problems switching on computer - HP Pavilion 6619 (AP) out these days When I brought it home I plugged the Power Cable into the power supply socket connected monitor mouse and keyboard up pressed the power Problems switching on computer - HP Pavilion 6619 (AP) button on the front panel of the computer only to realise it would not fire up I realised also that my mate being a not so computer literate person hadn t touched anything within the PC itself hardware wise - the warranty seals and power supply configuration sticker was intact on the case itself So I am assuming that he hasn t touched anything within the computer that may have caused this problem I am just wandering what could be the cause of this computer to not function The obvious problem sounds like a power supply that has just given up but it could be other factors yes nbsp

A:Problems switching on computer - HP Pavilion 6619 (AP)

Do you hear anything go on like fans or drives spin up? Any lights on the case or keyboard or is the system just completely dead? Meaning absolutely nothing happens when you push the power switch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-switching-on-computer-hp-pavilion-6619-ap.432396/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have tried to install both a GeForce2 MX 400 and a GeForce FX 5200 PCI card in my HP Pavilion 8755c. Onboard video has been disabled. I get memory dump blue screens and/or intermittent restarting. I am also unable to boot into safe mode. I have heard that the motherboard just can't handle it. Is this true? Any suggestions?

Also, is HP memory proprietary. I have tried to add more RAM fitting the specs, but the system appears to reject this too.

Pentium III/128 MB RAM

A:HP Pavilion 8755c & GeForce Video Problems

Probably not the motherboard, but rather, the power supply. HP and other manufacturers use weak, cheap power supplies in their systems that are barely enough to run the system they come with....everything you put in the computer needs power, and video cards take a lot of power...the power supply in your system is probably too weak to power everything at once. The only solution to this would be to get a better power supply, but chances are, you won't be able to find one that will fit in the HP case, since they use very small power supplies...

With the memory, I've never heard of HP using proprietary memory, are you sure you got the right kind? If it has PC100 memory in there already, make sure you get PC100, if it has PC133, then get PC133. Also, try booting it with just the new stick, it could also be the power supply again, not having enough power for both sticks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-8755c-geforce-video-problems.196803/
Relevancy 39.13%

I just bought a new HP Pavilion M - dx I have successfully installed an SSD drive as the primary hard drive and now HP in second Pavilion Problems drive M7-1015... installing hard I want to use the tb hard drive that the computer came with as data and install it in the second hard drive bay I Problems installing second hard drive in HP Pavilion M7-1015... have a cable that I used from my old HP DV when I had a second Problems installing second hard drive in HP Pavilion M7-1015... hard drive but I am having issues with my M - dx laptop nbsp When I plug the sata cable into the second connector on the laptop and attach my hard drive I have tried several hard drives and go to power the laptop on the power light just blinks a few times Now I know there is something wrong for I just Problems installing second hard drive in HP Pavilion M7-1015... purchased the laptop two days ago I got the idea to try the cable that I used to plug into the second connect to check and see if I plugged it into the first and I got the same issue power light blinking So I am wondering if it is the cable is this possible Are there different rated sata cables I also tried the cable the came with my new laptop to make sure that it just wasn't the second port - I tried plugging it in to the second port with a hard drive attached and the laptop this time turned on but asked for a bootable disk because it requires boot disk to be in the st hard drive bay connection which I knew I just want to give all the information so that I can get this fixed Please help me

A:Problems installing second hard drive in HP Pavilion M7-1015...

Your cable from the prior model is obviously not compatible although it looks similar. You can buy one that will work right here: http://www.newmodeus.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_5&products_id=504  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Problems-installing-second-hard-drive-in-HP-Pavilion-M7/td-p/1893913
Relevancy 39.13%

Machine will connect to the wireless network, but will not connect to the internet.   Have rebooted, hard-rebooted, and uninstalled/reinstalled all network adapter drivers.   Any assistance welcome!  Thanks in advance.

A:HP Pavilion dv4 2123 TX Wireless Network connection problems

Hi @crana, Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that the laptop can connect to the WiFi network but has no Internet access. Is there any other device on the same network having the Internet access? Below is a document you can use for troubleshooting:HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7) Let me know how it goes. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos.  Regards,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-dv4-2123-TX-Wireless-Network-connection-problems/td-p/5695049
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello, I have a problem: I own a notebook, the one in the topic of course, and i noticed a problem.
Sometimes, the mouse pointer blocks while moving, while using normal windows 7 desktop.When I play a game like medieval 2 total war, instead, the mouse pointer blocks more often and for longer.What it could be?
Another thing, more a graphic matter than a real problem: when i drag any window on the desktop, the horizontal edges in the windows (both windows' and program's horizontal lines (for example, the horizontal lines in this forum)) become fuzzy , zig zag, but only while dragging. What could it be?
Peppe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-pointer-and-scrolling-problems-hp-pavilion-dv7-4015-sl.948726/
Relevancy 39.13%

Looking for some help nbsp I recently purchased an HP Pavilion - nbsp Specs are as follows nbsp http support hp com us-en document c nbsp The unit includes integrated Radeon R graphics and comes with a w power supply nbsp I purchased adding HP card 500-314: video problems external big Pavilion this unit in large part because it explicitly states that Supports PCI Express x graphics cards nbsp I run a quad-monitor HP Pavilion 500-314: big problems adding external video card setup for my work and have traditionally done this using an ATI Firepro card nbsp I have now tried three different external graphics cards and can get none of them to work nbsp First attempt was with a HP Pavilion 500-314: big problems adding external video card VisionTec Radeon HD HP Pavilion 500-314: big problems adding external video card item nbsp This card supports quad monitor setup and requires a minimum w power supply nbsp When I installed the card the HP Pavilion repeatedly beeped a series of or can't remember which beeps but refused to send an image to any video output either onboard or the new card nbsp Next attempt was with an EVGA GeForce GT nbsp This is a dual monitor setup and requires a minimum w power supply nbsp Got the same exact response as with the VisionTec i e series of beeps computer would not fire any monitors up nbsp So with both of these new cards I basically gave up immediately as I couldn't even get into BIOS b c no monitors would work to see what was going on nbsp My understanding is that the series of - beeps usually means that there is a graphics card issue or that the card that has been added doesn't have sufficient power nbsp This is frustrating as the HP Pavilion - supposedly has a w power supply which is at least equal to the min required for each of these cards nbsp At this point I pulled the ATI Firepro out of my old machine and tried it nbsp This card at least didn't cause the series of - beeps nbsp Windows booted nbsp However once I log in Windows tries to install the new FirePro card repeatedly so the screen just flashes and flashes and flashes nbsp I then went into BIOS nbsp The BIOS indicates that the system is recognizing the card and that the onboard video has been disabled nbsp However there is still a signal coming out of the onboard video output DVI so it is not in fact actually disabled nbsp My sense is that Windows is trying to control two separate video cards onboard external which is what is causing the problems nbsp I can disable the FirePro video card from w in Windows using Safe Mode and leave the card installed and things work fine nbsp However as soon as I try and enable the card I get the endless cycle of flashing monitors again nbsp I have spent a couple of long sessions with HP tech support and they have been useless nbsp They claim that this isn't an HP issue since the onboard video works fine nbsp I find this response extremely frustrating nbsp I think this is an HP issue since the BIOS doesn't seem to be properly disabling the onboard video nbsp Not to mention that the PC can't seem to interface properly with Windows compatible PCI-E cards that explicitly claim to require less power than this unit has nbsp I am generally pretty computer savvy but have reached my wits end on this one nbsp I would appreciate any help anybody could provide nbsp I have tried all kinds of combinations of variables i e enabling onboard video setting external card to primary etc through BIOS as well as combinations from w in Windows disabling onboard video but nothing seems to work nbsp VisionTek Radeon HD GB DDR PCI Express x Solved View Solution

A:HP Pavilion 500-314: big problems adding external video card

Big_Dave, Thanks so much for your quick reply. The first time I spoke with HP Support, they had me disable secure boot.  Unfortunately my problems persisted (i.e. the cards wouldn't install properly).  However, after reading the link you provided I was inspired to try things one last time with a fresh start.  I uninstalled all drivers, removed all cards, re-engaged secure boot, rebooted, shut down, disabled secure boot, reinstalled the cards, and rebooted.  Lo and behold, this time the system accepted the GeForce GT 610 card. Hard for me to express how thankful I am to you.  I've spent two weeks and countless hours trying to get this fixed.  Just wish that I'd found these forums sooner. WallMonkey02

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-500-314-big-problems-adding-external-video-card/td-p/4104120
Relevancy 39.13%

I have Windows 7 (64 bit) running on my HP Pavilion desktop. The wireless keyboard / mouse stopped working - when I get to the password screen after Windows starts.

I tried doing a system restore - no change in behavior. Now - the 'funny' thing is that the mouse / keyboard both work when I was in the utilities.

I also tried it in safe mode - to no avail.

Help!!!!

Thanks.

A:HP Pavilion Slimline - Wireless Keyboard / Mouse problems

Test with another keyboard and mouse (preferably not wireless).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-slimline-wireless-keyboard-mouse-problems.999199/
Relevancy 38.7%

I dont know how to fully explain it but when I hit the power button to turn the laptop on where as normally it would start up with the screen to hit F12 or F2, well mine just doesnt do anything and stays black but lit. So basically it doesnt start at all I guess. Any suggestions on the problem?

Also if it helps, when I restart for updates or for instalation of something, it never restarts right. It will shut down, screen goes black, then black lit, but never anything after it

A:Start up problems (Vista Hp Pavilion dv2000 Home Premium)

Do you hear it trying to boot? Do you hear any beeps? If so describe, long, short, number etc.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/275869-start-up-problems-vista-hp-pavilion-dv2000-home-premium.html
Relevancy 38.7%

i have an hp pavilion dv5000 and at first i had a "blue screen" problem so my friend thought reformatting my hard drive will help but no i have no OS and when i try to put one in it says like "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system" please help i dont know what to do

A:my hp pavilion dv5000 has many problems like its not finding a hard disk drive

What is the error code on the blue screen message.

Look for specific numbers such as 0x---------
Also anything such as PAGE_FAULT

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hp-pavilion-dv5000-has-many-problems-like-its-not-finding-a-hard-disk-drive.78693/
Relevancy 36.98%

The sound on my notebook works fine until I connect it via HDMI to an HP Pavilion 24xw monitor.  Then the audio disappears.  If I disconnect it, the audio comes back. I have tried going to the 'Sound' section of the control panel.  There are two options:Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio HP 24xwThe default is Speakers Realtek.  When I use the test facility my notebook plays the test sound.  I have updated to the latest version of the driver. Can someone help with why when plugging in the monitor the audio disappears from my notebook? Thank you so much!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Pavilion-Gaming-DPGEK44-connected-via-HP-Pavilion-24xw/td-p/5763908
Relevancy 36.98%

Dear everybody! I'm going to buy more 8GB Crucial ram for my laptop. Currently i have 4GB. So i will have 12GB ram total. So Could anyone give me some advices about this. Is it ok ? Is it compatible with my device ?  Thank you.  

A:HP-Pavilion-17-f100-Notebook-PC-series - HP Pavilion Noteboo...

@0xaddr? Memory Supports the following configurations: ? 12288 MB (8192 MB×1+ 4096 MB×1; not supported on computer models with a 32-bit operating system) Your manual here. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04427554 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-17-f100-Notebook-PC-series-HP-Pavilion-Notebook/td-p/5748896
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi, I just bought 2 laptops today and wanted it to be in Windows 7 64 bit instead of Windows 10.May I know where to get the Winows 7 drivers?I had tried to search around but I couldn't get Win7 driver.Can you provide me? The laptops I just bought are:HP Pavilion 14-ab175TXHP Pavilion Notebook - 14-ab161tx

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Pavilion-14-ab175TX-amp-HP-Pavilion-Notebook-14-ab161tx/td-p/5636669
Relevancy 36.12%

..........hello,

a simple question......will a HP Pavilion 15-n034sa motherboard fit into a HP Pavilion 15-n083sa ?

help me obi-wan youre my only hope!!

A:will a HP Pavilion 15-n034sa motherboard fit into a HP Pavilion 15-n083sa ?

Actually that's a hard question, generally its not possible to install another motherboard, sometimes it is. In this case one is an AMD platform and the other is an Intel platform, there could be tons of differences in mounting holes, physical design, clearance, connectors, heat dissipation requirements, cooling systems, etc. Laptops are not like desktops that use more standardized designs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-a-hp-pavilion-15-n034sa-motherboard-fit-into-a-hp-pavilion-15-n083sa.1143967/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a Genuine Microsoft DVD DV4 not does ... Pavilion internal Pavilion UEFI show dvd using for Windows When I put the Bios in UEFI boot mode It does not boot from the DVD or Pavilion DV4 Pavilion using UEFI does not show internal dvd ... if i use a USB bootable stick nbsp formatted using APT format When I hit esc on boot and select the boot devices to boot from nothing is shown nbsp If nbsp I let it just try to boot it give me a message that no bootable image on hard disk It is a new hard nbsp When I put it in legacy support mode it will boot either the USB or the internal DVD but I want to use UEFI and the new APT format for security What device can you buy so this laptop nbsp will boot something that is portable media on this bios nbsp It came with this format on the original hard drive with windows nbsp Thanks Buford nbsp HP Pavilion DV - cl with INSYDE F bios from latest update

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Pavilion-DV4-Pavilion-using-UEFI-does-not-show-internal-dvd/td-p/5787572
Relevancy 34.83%

I would like to connect my HP Pav 23-1010t All in One Desktop to my HP Pav dm4 laptop.  For the purpose of switching between the two, using the HP Pav 23 video/monitor, keyboard and mouse to control what is on the laptop.  Will a KVM switch work?  Or some other swtich or cables?   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Connect-HP-Pavilion-dm4-Laptop-to-HP-Pavilion-23-All-In-One/td-p/5646024
Relevancy 34.83%

My HP Pavilion 500-205t was destroyed by a lightning strike. The HD is o.k. I have purchased an HP Pavilion 500-490 because the specs were very close.  I  want to use my 205t HD. Both computers are Core i3-4130, have 1 TB 7200 SATA 6G 3.5 HDs, same OS (Windows 7 Pro 64). My question is:  can I swap them out, or do I need to get an external HD enclosure and copy the 205t to the 490? If I need the external HD enclosure, looks like aluminum would be best, but would like recommendation for one which would hold my HD.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-install-my-HP-Pavilion-500-205t-HD-in-HP-Pavilion-500/td-p/5660060
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey I ve been having major problems with my Laptop Every ten or so minutes when my McAfee security suite disables real-time scanning it ll re-enable itself causing a lot of alarming pop-up boxes which is slowing my computer Not sure whats causing it but it seems like malware Next theres this process which starts at windows start-up DivxUpdate exe I don t think this is actually a part of divx I ve read somewhere that it is a form of autorun malware it consumes of my cpu majorly slowing down my computer I think I may have similar malware on here that are problematic Also my firefox frequently say that there s an unresponsive script which temporarily freezes my whole computer and when I finally manage to get to task manager I have to end the process which seems to be using a regular amount of cpu and memory I made script problems slow problems, :( problems, Firefox computer problems, DivxUpdate.exe Mcafee a topic exactly month ago but nobody answered so I thought I d make a new one seeing as the problems are progressing and building up Thanks for any help I m provided with

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/326733/mcafee-problems-divxupdateexe-problems-slow-computer-problems-firefox-script-problems/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello! so I recived a pop-up message on my screen that told me I was very low on memory/storage. In the settings of my laptop, it says that my laptop is using 19.2 GB of storage for "Preload". What is Preload and why does 19.2 GB's of the 19.5  total GB's of used storage consist of it? 

A:HP Pavilion

Zach, welcome to the forum. When requesting help you should always include the make/model (i.e. p6-xxxx) of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion/td-p/5647879
Relevancy 26.23%

Just purchased hp pavilion 15, how long does it take for everthing to upload? Started the express choice about 2 1/2 hours ago and the screen still says just a moment. Can you help, please?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/New-pavilion-15/td-p/5707435
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello everybody I have a problem with my notebook, when I try to turn it on I find screen black with line up on the left. I tried to do bios and stuff and it says bios recovery (500) I press enter and still on the same black screen nothing changes. Sorry for my english first of all and can somebody please help me?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Pavilion-g6/td-p/5765845
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi there nbsp I want to install an M SSD in my new Pavilion laptop but I just want to be sure this for Pavilion SSD 17? M.2 will work nbsp My laptop part no is V Z AV - HP Pavilion t-ab CTO ENERGY STAR It doesn't M.2 SSD for Pavilion 17? have a touchscreen I want to install GB M PCIe x SS NVMe TLC PA for use with non-touch screen M.2 SSD for Pavilion 17? products - This part is listed in the laptop's service manual nbsp When I bought the laptop from the HP store I was only given M.2 SSD for Pavilion 17? the option of the GB SSD which was not enough for my needs so I went with the TB spinner This is why I'm not sure that the GB is compatible nbsp I disassembled the laptop and I do have a free M slot nbsp I just want to be sure this will work and that it will use the full four lanes of the PCIe bus Otherwise I'll look at a lower-cost upgrade nbsp Thanks for your time

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/M-2-SSD-for-Pavilion-17/td-p/5711871
Relevancy 26.23%

pls help i forgot my admin password how can i removed?theres a number show 63324160

A:hp pavilion

Your question has already been asked and answered. See your other thread.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-pavilion/td-p/5707628
Relevancy 26.23%

I just bought an HP Pavilion and tried to set it up.  I could not get the existing monitor to work with the new hard drive.  He new Pavilion does not have the same way of connecting the monitor that the old one did.  I had to take it apart and put the older machine back in.  Why can't I connect my monitor.  The plug just won't fit.

A:New HP Pavilion set up

Okay, we need more information from you, like... -PC model number (not just Pavilion, but the whole model number as a LOT of Pavilion PCs exist.)-Monitor model number and brand, or pictures of ports on the rear.  It sounds like you will need to buy an adaptor which is easy enough to obtain; we just need to know which adaptor to get you.

I don't run HP, I just like helping others!FX6300 / Biostar TA970 / 8GB ADATA DDR3 / MSI HD 7950 / Corsair RM850 / Sandisk U110 250GB SSD and 2x WD Velociraptors 300GB / Antec 1100 V2 / NZXT Respire T40

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/New-HP-Pavilion-set-up/td-p/5746412
Relevancy 26.23%

I have an all in one desktop and it is requiring a power-on password. After 3 failed attempts no code is given, only an asterik symbol. Any help would be appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Hp-pavilion-20-all-in-one/td-p/5637531
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi today I opened my computer and it wouldn't go past hp logo. Called hp, they advised to release the static. Did that, comp worked fine. Just went to re open comp and it's the same thing (10hrs later) tried to dispel the static and it's now not working, just the up screen. Please help!!!please note, I'm not a techie or techie minded, so any help needs to be laymans terms please. thanks in advance 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Pavilion 23

Hello @Pottumpuss, Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I came across your post about issue with the desktop not starting, and wanted to help! First, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes:HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10,8) Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Pavilion-23/td-p/5567817
Relevancy 26.23%

just got my new Pavilion X2, unable to go online because the keyboard doesnt register anything. I am not happy.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-x2/td-p/5666667