Windows Support Forum

My laptop goes to sleep and doesn't wake up

Q: My laptop goes to sleep and doesn't wake up

Hi, I'm having problems when my laptop goes to sleep, I'm not sure what happens but when my battery is low, it goes to sleep but doesn't wake up even if I plug the charger in. The only way I can get this fix is to restart it by shutting it down through the power button.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My laptop goes to sleep and doesn't wake up

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 90.3%

I usually lower the laptop lid when i want to put it into sleep mode; after the windows 10 update, this stopped working. I tried putting it into sleep mode from the start menue. This causes the screen to become black, but power to remain on ( I can see this from a steady light from the power button whereas sleep would have a flashing power button). The laptop's fan also increases in speed. When I try to wake the laptop, nothing happenes; I have tried to use ctrl+alt+delete, however this also does not work. I am ususally forced to resort to a manual shut down via holding the power button for a few second and restarting the laptop. I have tried updating the display adapters, restarted the laptop, and still no result. Does anyone know why this is happenning and how I can fix it?

A:Laptop doesn't wake after sleep mode after Windows 10 update

I was having the Exact Same Issue. The reason I decided to go back to windows 8 was because since upgrading to Windows 10, when my computer goes into sleep mode, I cannot wake it up. I have to press and hold the power button to shut it done and restart. Even if I close my laptop, and reopen the lid, it wont start back up and I have to press and hold the power button and shut it down and restart.  After trying to restore my HP Envy Laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 8, it got stuck in a Repair PC Loop and I could not even access the desktop, I tried the restore option to an earlier date and that failed and all the repair options also failed. The last option I had was to do a full PC Refresh, and that one worked. It took about an hour but no data was lost, and only a few of my downloaded apps were removed. An html url was left on the desktop that showed a list of all the apps that were removed. So all I did was download those back and now im back up and running Windows 8. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-doesn-t-wake-after-sleep-mode-after-Windows-10-update/td-p/5184176
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi I am new here Hoping someone can help me out with this issue I work in IT so am not a complete computer bonehead and am at my wits end with this My laptop is about years old it's a toshiba For whatever reason it Laptop wake extremely wake up sleep minutes to mode, slow from 5+ to started taking minutes to wake up from sleeping If it sleeps for an hour it's OK but if you leave it sleep all night and try to wake it up in the morning it's quite cranky After the minute wake up it performs as normal It was running Windows Home bit Troubleshooting steps that I have taken are as follows Reinstalled windows Issue was resolved but after about - weeks issue came back I thought maybe it was some type of windows update so I reinstalled windows again and paid closer attention to the updates Issue presented itself again after Laptop extremely slow to wake up from sleep mode, 5+ minutes to wake - weeks and there were no updates immediately done prior to it starting I started to think maybe it was something related to my hard drive so i performed laptop surgery and swapped out my original hard drive with a solid slate drive and installed windows Ultimate bit this laptop can support bit so I figured why not upgrade Laptop extremely slow to wake up from sleep mode, 5+ minutes to wake issue again was resolved for a few weeks and now it's back to taking minutes to wake up again If you're turning the laptop on from scratch it takes - seconds tops if you're restarting it's - seconds tops man I love SSD if you're waking itup within the hour its - seconds But anything longer then that minutes It barely has any software installed all I use this laptop for is the internet and office type stuff I've checked event viewer to see if it's having driver issues or this or that and haven't been able to pinpoint this One of my coworkers suggested defragging the registry but that hasn't sped it up either Any thoughts My current work around is just to always power down the laptop

A:Laptop extremely slow to wake up from sleep mode, 5+ minutes to wake

Hi there, have you ran any malware/anti virus scans?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/321107-laptop-extremely-slow-wake-up-sleep-mode-5-minutes-wake.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I have been using this new machine for last months from doesn't P50 wake up sleep and am experiencing this issue from time to time When I don't work on the laptop I just close the lid After some time I see that the red led light on the lid goes blinking P50 doesn't wake up from sleep on slow pace - that tells me the machine has gone into sleep mode Now when I come back to the machine later usually I see either the red led is still blinking or completely gone off I open the lid the machine wakes up and I can start working on nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp However at times when I come back I see that the red led on the lid is constantly on In those occasions when I open the lid the machine doesn't wake up I see that the greed led on the power button is constantly on - so that kind of indicates that the machine IS probably awake But the screen is black empty as if its still sleeping In these situations I normally end up with force restarting the machine - making me to reopen all the nbsp applications once again if not loosing some work data nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Is there anywya I can tweak any setting or follow any best practice - that can prevent this issue from re-ocurring nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Thank you very much in advance for your suggestions

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-doesn-t-wake-up-from-sleep/td-p/3375282
Relevancy 78.26%

Running a self built system that was working nicely for over a year,now when I put it in sleep mode it won't wake up without pushing the power button and then sometimes I have to switch the power off on the back of the system and let it sit for a minute before it will restart. Running Windows 7 Ultimate

A:Sleep doesn't wake up like it used to

Did you install SP1? Have you checked for driver updates for chipset and video? What else is supposed to wake the computer? Mouse? Keyboard? Check Power Management settings for those devices in Device Manager.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sleep-doesnt-wake-up-like-it-used-to.1046080/
Relevancy 77.4%

I've been having this problem for awhille -- approximately 30-50% of the time, when I put my computer in sleep mode and try waking it up, it simply doesn't wake up. I hear it turn on (fan starts running, etc.) but the screen is black (forced to hold down power button to reboot)...or it goes to the startup screen (but won't finish starting up -- have to hold down power button to reboot).

I have an HP Compaq 8710w laptop with Windows 7 Professional (32-bit).

Here is what I have done already to try to fix it:

-Updated drivers
-Tried turning off wireless before putting to sleep
-Changed power plan from "High Performance" to "Balanced".

No dice. Any other ideas?

A:Computer often doesn't wake from sleep

You can try to go to A computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 stops responding when you put the computer in sleep mode (S3) or resume the computer from the S3 mode and download hotfix to your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-often-doesnt-wake-from-sleep-567483.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi I've recently been running into a problem -- I put my computer into sleep Computer from wake doesn't often sleep mode and then when I press the power button to wake the computer either the screen stays black and I have to do a forced reboot holding down the power button or it simply does a forced reboot automatically This doesn't happen all the time but I'd say probably of the time that I want to Computer often doesn't wake from sleep wake my computer from sleep and I haven't noticed a certain pattern of when it does and doesn't work It has only been happening the last month or so and has happened more often recently I got Computer often doesn't wake from sleep a new battery for my laptop about a month ago so that may have corresponded to when this problem started I can't remember I have an HP Compaq w laptop with Windows Professional -bit I have updated all the drivers already literally went through every device in Device Manager and tried finding updates for each and the issue is still happening What's the next step I should take Thanks in advance

A:Computer often doesn't wake from sleep

Is this your system?

Software & Driver Downloads HP Compaq 8710w Mobile Workstation - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

I only see Windows 2000 as a supported OS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-often-doesnt-wake-from-sleep-552188.html
Relevancy 77.4%

A Dell Dimension E521 is set to go to sleep after a while, but when I try to use it the only way to wake-up the PC is to press and hold the POWER switch on the front to reboot.

Any ideas? I know that others had this problem. The PC is running Vista 32-bit.

Relevancy 77.4%

Ok First of, I have Hp pavilion, Windows vista Ultimate, the problem that i have is at random times my monitor goes to sleep mode and never does wake up, I get frustrated over this because I have to end up pressing and holding the power button down which is unsafe for my computer. Please help!! Thank you

A:Monitor goes to sleep and doesn't wake up

Usually if the monitor goes to sleep in means that there is not a video signal.  However, if holding the power button down on the monitor? will wake it then the issue is the monitor.  If you are holding down the power button on the PC then you have another issue.  Which power button are you holding down? What model PC and operating system are you using?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Monitor-goes-to-sleep-and-doesn-t-wake-up/td-p/298770
Relevancy 77.4%

I've enabled AHCI within Vista properly and it works fine but it's just not restoring from an S3 sleep anymore, whereas it was before in IDE mode.

Are there any solutions about to this?

I'm running 32-bit vista home premium SP1 on a Gigabyte 965P-DS3 (rev 3.3)

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi nbsp I recently purchased a Thinkpad X Yoga shipped on May nbsp nbsp I have an issue nbsp nbsp nbsp When I use the left side USB port the one on the side of the power charging port to charge my old Ipod and the laptop goes to sleep The laptop does not wake up when opening the lid or pressing on the power button However as soon as I disconnect my Ipod from the USB port The laptop immediately wakes up but unable to login using the fingerprint reader wake USB... up when Yoga sleep from mode X1 - Doesn't nbsp Specific steps to reproduce nbsp Plug x yoga power cord to the laptop nbsp Plug Ipod to the left side X1 Yoga - Doesn't wake up from sleep mode when USB... USB port Make sure Ipod has no earphones plugged in nbsp Put the laptop in sleep mode nbsp Close the lid of the laptop nbsp Wait until iPod is no longer being charged by the laptop a few seconds after the laptop goes to sleep nbsp Wait until iPod automically turns off on its own it takes to mins not sure exactly how much time nbsp Open the laptop lid and notice that the laptop is not waking up nbsp Press on the power button on the right side of the X Yoga Notice that the laptop does not wake up nbsp Remove the iPod from the USB port on the left side of the X Yoga nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Notice that the laptop is now able to wake up nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Also notice that the finger print reader is not responding Cannot login using the fingerprint reader nbsp Seems like a driver issue nbsp Lenovo please confirm nbsp ThanksWilly

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Yoga-Doesn-t-wake-up-from-sleep-mode-when-USB-device-is/td-p/3341424
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello nbsp I'm the owner of computer Keyboard sleep wake from up doesn't an EliteBook p running under Windows Professional bits Edition nbsp I started the installation from scratch with a driver-empty Windows I've downloaded the drivers separately on the HP Support Website nbsp Everything is running fine but when I put my computer Keyboard doesn't wake up computer from sleep to sleep normal stand-by Keyboard doesn't wake up computer from sleep mode I am unable to wake it up from the keyboard keys or trackpad buttons The only way I can wake it up is by pressing the Power Button Then it wakes up normally and I go back to the Windows login screen nbsp Is it possible to wake up this computer by pressing a key instead of the power button I don't want to press it too often For example on my old Acer Aspire pressing a key wakes up the computer instantly Also I have no Allow this device to wake up computer option in my Device Manager I can't find this option in the BIOS neither Can you wake your HP Notebook computer by pressing the keyboard Is there a way to do that on EliteBooks nbsp Thanks and sorry for my mistakes English is not my mother language

A:Keyboard doesn't wake up computer from sleep

If you have an external display, it will stop the computer from waking. Disconnect display port cable and try again.Also, check your drivers so that Power Mgmt. allows mouse or keyboard to wake system. I have found these issues effect my HP 8460P as well as HP 2540P. Also, make sure that the BIOS allows USB to wake system.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-doesn-t-wake-up-computer-from-sleep/td-p/1742779
Relevancy 76.54%

My Yoga 500 ISK would sometimes not wake up from sleep.I mean, I can see the computer is working, I can hear it, but the screen is black and unresponsive. What happens is that I either leave it on and it goes to sleep on its own within 15 mins, or put it to sleep via start>power>sleep - it doesn't matter. Sometimes I press the power button and it wakes up fine, but sometime I get the black screen. My computer is up to date on the latest BIOS update (from today), Both Intel and nVidia graphics drivers are up to date, and in my power settings, my hard drive is set to not turn off ever. Does anyone know a solution to this problem??

A:Yoga 500 ISK Doesn't wake up from sleep properly -...

Hi there, I own the same model and I believe I have the same issue. Also I find booting up to be painfully slow. It gives me so much Apple Mac envy. I am almost certain the issue is with regard to the HDD itself, the WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB. It is used in many of the new-ish lenovo laptops including the Y50 touchscreen gaming computer. Many customers have complained about the SSHD, google that long model and you'll see loads of complaints on forums. I intend to open up my Yoga 500 ISK and replace the SSHD with what should be in there - an SSD. I shall let you know how I get on! Harry

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-500-ISK-Doesn-t-wake-up-from-sleep-properly-HELP/td-p/3303865
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all,

When I click the sleep button my computer seems to go into sleep mode successfully however when I hit a keyboard key or wiggle the mouse to wake it the tower fans & motherboard lights switch on but there is no picture or sound from my monitor. I have to hit the reset button which does a dirty reboot before I can get back to the desktop.

I'm fed up of having to do a full shutdown/restart of my computer everytime I go away to do something!

Please find my computer details here: removed due to sensitive info.

If you need any other information, please ask.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

A:Sleep Mode Doesn't Wake Up Properly...

Hi please do 2 things first remove the dropbox link (I will do that)as you have posted sensitive info ie serial number you can repost with that removed,the other is check your power settings

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sleep-mode-doesnt-wake-up-properly-774874.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello,

It has recently started that while i am playing games like Mass Effect 2 and League of Legends after 15 or so minutes of playing the screen goes black, displays that it is going to sleep, and then stops responding. To fix this i have to restart my computer completely.I am running windows seven. I have run malware and virus scans of my computer and nothing has come up, so i'm not sure where to go from here.
Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/while-playing-games-pc-goes-to-sleep-and-doesnt-wake-up.1156753/
Relevancy 76.54%

Came across my first major problem When I try to go into sleep mode either through the Start menu or pressing the power button the hard drive light blinks for a second then the screen goes black BUT my power light stays on should be blinking and pressing it again the mouse button nor any key press on the keyboard will wake it up I had to hard shutdown holding it does Sleep doesn't nor right work wake up. Mode the power key down for like seconds for the light go off and had to keep rebooting from scratch That's a major pain since waking up out of sleep mode is normally much faster and convenient To make things worse it seems like Sleep Mode doesn't work right nor does it wake up. takes longer to boot up from scratch than did I've yet to see if SHUTDOWN works properly or not Not a happy camper on the sleep mode issue It worked under just fine Anybody else EDIT Shutdown goes through a longer process but ends the same as sleep does The power light stays on I'm using an HP Envy w i - u CPU GB RAM GB Nvidia GTX M TB drive EDIT Now SLEEP and SHUTDOWN appear to be working properly and Windows 's boot up times are as fast or faster than now It's like a car and trying to clear out the lines of bad fuel before it runs right Just some weird hiccups EDIT Sleep Mode doesn't work right nor does it wake up. Now it's doing it again

A:Sleep Mode doesn't work right nor does it wake up.

Identical issues here. Also an HP Envy. Also sleep/hibernate works sometimes and not others.

This will be a deal breaker for me if I can't turn off my computer and turn it back on with my status still intact. I'll (gulp) be forced to return to 8.1

Will post here if I figure out a solution

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/9443-sleep-mode-doesnt-work-right-nor-does-wake-up.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello I would like to ask a question about my desktop here After upgrading to Windows I noticed that there has been a problem with my display It doesn't happen everytime but randomly when the computer is idle for minutes and the screen is automatically turned off it won't turn back on anymore Normally I will doesn't Display from automatic wake up turn sleep just move the mouse and the display will turn back on again However when the problem happens no matter what I do moving the mouse typing in the keyboard it won't turn back on I even tried to press the shutdown button thinking that the computer is just sleeping and it will wake up again however it doesn't do anything The only thing that works is the restart button I've tried every way to try and Display doesn't wake up from automatic turn sleep stop the problem uninstalling the graphic drivers and reinstall the latest beta drivers uninstall the drivers again and install the WHQL drivers installing monitor drivers checking out the power options and making sure that the computer isn't set to sleep after a timeout period Nothing works the problem will still randomly happen again after the desktop turns off the display monitor My graphic card is Sapphire Radeon R does anyone have any solution to this problem of mine Help is greatly appreciated I'm very tired of this happening suddenly I do not want to lose my data from restarting the computer

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/44310-display-doesnt-wake-up-automatic-turn-sleep.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello I have a lenovo y on Windows and when I put my laptop to sleep I am able to turn it back on But sometimes the screen stays black and the keyboard lights are on Such that the computer did start up but the sleep doesn't Lenovo wake screen y700 up from screen doesn't want to The only way I am able to fix this is buy putting the computer to sleep multiple times and then wake it up back again and after once or twice it starts to work The solution fool-proof is to hold the Lenovo y700 screen doesn't wake up from sleep power button to shut it down and then start it up again I bought this laptop a week ago and yes I updated all my drivers including NVIDA Lenovo y700 screen doesn't wake up from sleep GPU and windows updates I also don't have that many background apps running Here are my specs Lenovo Ideapad Y - Laptop - NV FUS Processor - th Generation Intel Core i - HQ GHz MHz MB Operating System - Windows Home Memory - GB PC - DDR MHzGraphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX M GBHard Drive - TB RPM GB SSDThanks for your time cheersBouga Solved Go to Solution

A:Lenovo y700 screen doesn't wake up from sleep

Hi bouga ,

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Checking on the support site for   Notebook IP Y700-15ISK I7 , seems no BIOS update needed for this model. 
Typically even on Win Vista and Windows 7 that issue with sleep has been related to hybrid features. 

Method 1 : You may try to disable it using the cmd elevated for the command  powercfg -h off . 
Check on this video link for the guide steps 

Method 2 : Setting Power option to High Performance instead of conservation mode . then manualy setting sleep on the start icon 

Continue to apply neccessary updates that may correct this issue but for the time being , you can use Method 2 as alternate solution if method 1 fail to correct it. 

Hope this helps. 

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y700-screen-doesn-t-wake-up-from-sleep/td-p/2259317
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a External Seagate 2 Tb hard drive that after a while, will disconnect and I can't wake it by trying to access the drive in Explorer. I tried rebooting my computer but it doesn't show up anymore. The only solution it seems is to disconnect the drive and plug it back in.

Any advices?

I am on Windows 10

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hard-drive-goes-to-sleep-and-doesnt-wake-up.1170878/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi,

On a 8 month old machine if I let machine go into hibernate/ sleep mode with power settings it will not wake up .

I can get it going again by removing and replacing the battery .

I have done a restore to a few days ago when this problem did not exist ..same result

Any offers ? Thanks

A:After hibernate/ sleep mode Tecra M11 doesn't wake up

Hello

Can you please tell us at first which notebook model do you have and which operating system do you use?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?66455-After-hibernate-sleep-mode-Tecra-M11-doesn-t-wake-up
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi! I have a brand new X1 Carbon Gen3 i7 running on Windows 10 64 bit, the issue is that when it goes into deep sleep mode I am not able to wake up the unit by any mean, neither by pressing a key nor by pressing the power button. I am forced to reboot the unit by holding the power button.  I saw some similar issue in a T440 thread, but no solution was foundhttps://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T440-Doesn-t-Wake-from-Deep-Sleep/td-p/1... Your help is highly apreciated! Cheers Enzo 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-Gen3-Doesn-t-Wake-from-Deep-Sleep/td-p/3368069
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello I have a lenovo y on Windows and when I put my laptop to sleep I am able to turn it back on But sometimes the screen stays Lenovo sleep y700 wake from doesn't up screen black and the keyboard lights are on Such that the Lenovo y700 screen doesn't wake up from sleep computer did start up but the screen doesn t want to The only way I am able to fix this is buy Lenovo y700 screen doesn't wake up from sleep putting the computer to sleep multiple times and then wake Lenovo y700 screen doesn't wake up from sleep it up back again and after once or twice it starts to work The solution fool-proof is to hold the power button to shut it down and then start it up again I bought this laptop a week ago and yes I updated all my drivers including NVIDA GPU and windows updates I also don t have that many background apps running Here are my specs Lenovo Ideapad Y - Laptop - NV FUS Processor - th Generation Intel Core i - HQ GHz MHz MB Operating System - Windows Home Memory - GB PC - DDR MHz Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX M GB Hard Drive - TB RPM GB SSD Thanks for your time cheers Bouga nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-y700-screen-doesnt-wake-up-from-sleep.1165235/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hey everyone I've got a self-built PC that has been running great since without issue However I recently found that the sleep function no longer performs as expected The computer sleeps on command but wakes just - seconds later Worse the system is totally unresponsive after waking with no video to the monitor I own a backlit USB keyboard Corsair K doesn't wake after but after Sleep(S3), respond Wakes immediately PC and the keys weirdly flicker when I try to type in this state The only way to exit the state is by a hard shutdown I can't seem to pinpoint the issue since quot powercfg lastwake quot returns an empty wake history by next boot I also haven't installed any new hardware since having the problem I found a troubleshooting guide for sleep issues and followed that and the only device that is able to wake my computer is the keyboard according to windows I'm wondering what to do since I'd love to have my computer always available but leaving it on wastes a PC Wakes immediately after Sleep(S3), but doesn't respond after wake ton of power Thanks for reading my question PS I think this could be related to RAM Under normal operation after a fresh boot the ram status led's are all green meaning that there are no issues However when in the above unresponsive state I fond that the same status led's are orange a warning indicator I am using S sleep so the session is always saved to RAM Just what I know hopefully it's a clue to the solution Thanks again

A:PC Wakes immediately after Sleep(S3), but doesn't respond after wake

Have you tried system restore?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/247028-pc-wakes-immediately-after-sleep-s3-but-doesnt-respond-after-wake.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Upgraded to Windows from Windows When laptop lid is closed after about an hour or more nbsp the power light is steady on Laptop will not wake from Sleep Mode nbsp Keypad or any other key does not wake this up Hard shutdown reboot via holding power key does force a nbsp reboot and system works after that Have put this manually into Sleep Mode and power light blinks and wakes up on keyboard select nbsp Long term sleep causes problem to recur when manually placed into sleep mode nbsp I have updated all drivers including the MEI driver I have checked power options and all are correct re Sleep Envy up update doesn't wake from after 10 Windows HP M... Sleep Mode Hibernate Mode is not selected for any Power Profile nbsp I see some reference to installing a backlevel MEI driver version xxxxxxx nbsp I don't understand how to do that or if that HP Envy after Windows 10 update doesn't wake up from Sleep M... is compatible with my laptop nbsp I have downloaded in from the Intel website but have not unzipped it nbsp Also have seen suggestions to turn off the MEI driver nbsp Any guidance on how to proceed next would be appreciated nbsp If install of the driver is required what specifically must I do to accomplish that nbsp nbsp

A:HP Envy after Windows 10 update doesn't wake up from Sleep M...

[email protected], Welcome to the HP Forum! Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More I understand that after upgrading to Windows 10 you are experiencing an issue with the sleep  / hibernation. Here is a link that should help. HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8). Please let me know the outcome. To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution"on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find. Please consider clicking the"Thumbs Up Icon"below to say thanks for assisting you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Envy-after-Windows-10-update-doesn-t-wake-up-from-Sleep/td-p/5762260
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello all Hopefully I've posted this in the right place I have sleep Asus my doesn't from wake G51V mode. Lalptop Sometimes up an Asus G VX gaming PC I'm using bit Windows Vista I had my hard drive replaced a few months ago and am now just using it a lot Over the past week I seem to have been having this issue but now it's really coming now It's happened twice yesterday When I close the lid it goes into sleep mode then when I open it the lights on the center part of the outside of the lid Republic of Gaming logo come on as do a couple of lights near the power button but the screen remains black and I have to hold down the power button to restart it I don't like doing this because I was told it fries the motherboard and harddrive After it reboots Windows Error Recovery comes up and prompts me to go to safe Sometimes my Asus G51V Lalptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode. mode or start windows normally I'm pretty sure my drivers are updated although I'm not sure about BIOS I've tried enabling disabling hibernate but according to the command prompt I don't have permission I'm all out of ideas Also when I took my PC in to get the hard drive upgraded the guy said there was Sometimes my Asus G51V Lalptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode. a bug in some Asus models that cause a black screen whenever you restart them Has anyone heard of this or did he mess something up and just told me this Thanks EDIT Actually according to System Information it's a G VX

A:Sometimes my Asus G51V Lalptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode.

Bump
Any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584842/sometimes-my-asus-g51v-lalptop-doesnt-wake-up-from-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 74.39%

Most of the time when I try to print a document from my laptop (or my wife's - both Dells) I go to the printer room to find that the printer didn't wake up from sleep mode. I have to wake it up and then print everything again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-v313w-printer-doesnt-wake-up-from-sleep-mode-to-print.959008/
Relevancy 73.96%

My PC is fairly new and I'm having problems with slow shutdowns restarts and slow sleep wakes Recently it seems to fail waking altogether and restarts after a while instead Usually during waking I just have a black screen for a long time before the reset restart but sometimes I see the Windows log-in screen but it's unresponsive The problem predates my CPU undervolting and doesn't seem to change when I switch RAM settings back to Auto instead of XMP I my RAM necessitates some kind of overclock in order to function at its rated speed Can anyone advise how to proceed Thanks System specification below This forum has a fantastic design that eliminates slow to sleep & wake shutdown/restart from & sleep/wake to fails PC the form of pasted lists of information That's just great for preventing people from reading it I was worried someone might have read PC slow to shutdown/restart & sleep/wake from sleep & fails to wake this information OS Win Pro -bitMainboard ASUS Z Pro GamingCPU Intel i th gen Stock HSF Undervolt Offset - V LLC RAM Corsair LPX Vengeance x GB DDR - CMK GX M B C Graphics Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX Sys Drive Samsung PC slow to shutdown/restart & sleep/wake from sleep & fails to wake Evo SSD PC slow to shutdown/restart & sleep/wake from sleep & fails to wake GBData Drives OCZ Vertex SSD GB WDC WD FAEX- Y A TB WDC WD FZEX- Z SA TB WDC WD FAEX- MJRA TB RAID GB Maxtor B MO x PSU XFX TS W P - S-NLB Bluetooth Parani UD Bluetooth USB AdapterMonitor LG quot W S-BF Wide LCD Monitor x msLogitech G mouse K keyboard UEFI BIOS divergence from optimised default settingsAI Overclock Tuner Auto - gt XMP DRAM Frequency Auto - gt DDR - MHz Min CPU Cache Ratio Auto - gt Max CPU Cache Ratio Auto - gt CPU Core Cache Voltage Auto - gt Offset Mode DRAM Voltage Auto - gt DRAM CAS Latency Auto - gt DRAM RAS to CAS Delay Auto - gt DRAM RAS ACT Time Auto - gt CPU Load-line Calibration Auto - gt Level SATA Mode Selection AHCI - gt RAID Model Name LED Lighting Breathing Mode - gt Disabled SupremeFX LED Lighting Breathing Mode - gt Disabled CPU Q-Fan Control Auto - gt PWM Mode

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/68830-pc-slow-shutdown-restart-sleep-wake-sleep-fails-wake.html
Relevancy 73.53%

W7 PC wakes up from sleep every few minutes. It didn't use to. I am the builder / owner / sole user. Investigation done so far at the DOS prompt to establish the cause:

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
(no results returned)

powercfg -waketimers
There are no active wake timers in the system

powercfg -lastwakeWake History Count - 1
Wake History [0]
Wake Source Count - 0Other ideas to try and establish the cause with please?

Many thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384584-uncommanded-wake-sleep-yet-no-wake-devices-wake-timers-exist.html
Relevancy 71.81%

OS= Vista
I use my laptop as a desktop actually. It stays plugged in at my desk, and I keep it turned on during the day and just turn it off at night when I go to bed.
Lately, occasionally, it just goes to sleep and won't wake up. Mostly I come back to a black screen and just hit one button and it wakes up quickly. But once in a while I get this thing where it won't respond and I have to hit the reset button to turn it off and back on.
What is the easiest solution, given that it's used mostly as a desktop? Turn off the power saving features? Or what?
Thank you.

A:HP laptop goes to sleep, won't wake up

it could be the indexing service running in the back ground. Change the power saving feature to High performance and disable the Windows indexing service

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-goes-to-sleep-wont-wake-up.959306/
Relevancy 71.81%

Some background at the end of January I came out to San Francisco for a -week programming bootcamp The laptop I owned was falling apart and running excessively loud so I asked a Laptop not from wake will sleep friend if I could take his old computer with me since he just upgraded to a new one It is a Fujitsu LifeBook T Wacom enabled convertible tablet PC and I wiped it and installed Windows Enterprise It will not wake from sleep It has been like that ever since the install and I have tried a bunch of things to fix it But first here's what happens I close the lid press the power button or Laptop will not wake from sleep click the sleep button and the screen will fade and light on the power button will Laptop will not wake from sleep turn off Then seconds later it will turn back on the Laptop will not wake from sleep disc drive will start spinning but the screen stays black The little light for scroll lock blinks for no apparent reason too There is nothing that can bring it back other than holding the power button and starting fresh after Windows yells at me because the device wasn't shut down properly Here's some info about my computer When I run powercfg -devicequery wake armed I get a list of nothing Just a blank output I think something used to be there but I disabled them In device manager I have looked through all my network devices bluetooth USB hubs and unknown devices and none of them are allowed to wake the computer Powercfg lastwake returns quot Wake History Count - quot When I run powercfg -energy I get errors one saying that my Generic Bluetooth Adapter is not entering suspend and another saying my USB Root hub isn't entering suspend Could those be the problem Another note I tried hibernating and it did the exact same thing The only difference is that it saved my state when I turned it on after holding the power down If anybody has some insight on why this might be happening that would be awesome If you think some screenshots or anything would help diagnose this please let me know This is a really frustrating problem to have because it takes forever to get everything I need up and running from a fresh boot up

A:Laptop will not wake from sleep

Hi, Welcome to forums.

What kind of bluetooth device do you have? I will recommend to upgrade the drivers for bluetooth and USB. Go to device manager and uncheck the option under hardware "let it keep awake".

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/321516-laptop-will-not-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi, my HP Laptop (which has Windows 8) won't wake back up after going to sleep, and I have to turn it off and back on again. What can fix this?

Relevancy 71.81%

Hi new user here my RTM copy used to go to standby and wake up fine but recently when I try to power it up the machine will appear to start up won't from Laptop sleep wake but my screen keyboard and mouse do not wake up also my wifi light does not turn on either The only way to get on to my pc is to do a hard restart I believe this might help Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report Computer Name KYLE-PC Laptop won't wake from sleep Scan Time - - T Z Scan Laptop won't wake from sleep Duration seconds System Manufacturer DIXONSXP System Product Name DIXONSXP BIOS Date BIOS Version DIX OS Build Platform Role PlatformRoleMobile Plugged In true Process Count Thread Count Report GUID f f - d b- faa-a b -f e b Analysis Results Errors Power Policy Sleep timeout is disabled Plugged In The computer is not configured to automatically sleep after a period of inactivity USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name RT USB Wireless LAN Card Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV CC Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID F amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Root Hub Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV CC Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID CC Port Path CPU Utilization Processor utilization is high The average processor utilization during the trace was high The system will consume less power when the average processor utilization is very low Review processor utilization for individual processes to determine which applications and services contribute the most to total processor utilization Average Utilization Battery Last Full Charge The battery stored less than of the Designed Capacity the last time the battery was fully charged Battery ID DIXONSXP DIXONSXP Design Capacity Last Full Charge Last Full Charge The report points to my wifi card being the source of the problem yet I have tried disabling it and the same occurs Any help is appreciated

A:Laptop won't wake from sleep

I get that once in a while.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/19667-laptop-wont-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a dell 15 r.  when I put it to sleep, then wake it up, the power light is steady, instead of fading in and out.  the computer does not wake up.  when I hold down the power button to restart it, it does not even make the usual shutting down noises, like the hard drive stopping.  any ideas as to what could be causing this?

A:laptop does not wake from sleep

Not sure if this would help but have you seen this link?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535518/laptop-does-not-wake-from-sleep/
Relevancy 71.81%

First I'm new here and don't really know the routine sleep from Laptop won't wake up of asking for help but here I go Also I should Laptop won't wake up from sleep have no problem understanding or doing quot complicated computer stuff quot lol So this problem has been going on since I first bought my laptop from Best Buy two years ago December It's a Gateway NV Let me know if you need anymore specs Whenever I put my laptop to sleep I get the quot Resuming Windows quot screen then that goes away and it just stays black It never fully wakes up But when I hibernate it wakes up perfectly I hibernate my computer just about every night And restart it like at least once a week My temporary Laptop won't wake up from sleep solution to fix the sleep issue has been disabling it After several hours of inactivity it automatically hibernates instead of sleeping So I'm sorta disguising the problem instead of fixing it I read this thread Won't wake from sleep mode And that still hasn't helped me So any suggestions

A:Laptop won't wake up from sleep

Hello Andr3w, welcome to SF and sorry we took so long. It is very busy here and some of our excellent BSOD staff members have been hit by storm related Internet outage.

Please follow this tutorial closely, first post for uploading the stuff we need, second for filling your system specs.
Thx
MvdB

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/185889-laptop-wont-wake-up-sleep.html
Relevancy 71.81%

For a while now my laptop (Acer Aspire E1 572G) has not been fully going to sleep/shutdown when I click sleep/shutdown. It stays on but the display turns black, but the fan and cpu stay running. It started ever since I installed Windows 10, and I've pretty much narrowed it down to one driver, Inter Management Drive Interface.

I've done everything with it that I could think of. Firstly, I tried to see if there was a newer version but there wasn't. Secondly, I uninstalled it then rebooted my laptop. When I do this the problem gets solved temporarily, meaning that I can put it to sleep and wake it up once, but doing it again doesn't work. It just goes back to the black screen. The only way to turn on my computer is to force shut down and boot it up again.

I also tried the powercfg stuff but it was no help.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/129097-laptop-wont-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I know this is a pretty typical issue with Vista users, but how do I fix it with a laptop?

When I try to wake it up (by pressing the power button), it will try to wake for about 10 seconds, then turn off, then turn on back again. This process goes on in a loop until it gives up.

Relevancy 71.81%

I am at a loss my laptop will not wake from sleep move when I close the lid I have to press the on /off to get it to restart and then it goes into safe mode also when I go to restart I have to press the on/off button to restart it

Ren

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386480-laptop-will-not-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Recently my Dell Inspiron N5110 intel 2.4GHZ, 4Gb Ram, Windows 7 64bit Laptop Refuses to wake from sleep or hibernate. Bios driver?? Worked fine 2 days ago and I dont have an applicable restore point... Also Video and Audio playback get choppy in any player after using not even 2 out of 4gb of RAM. Temporarily I've disabled sleep mode but when not plugged in can be a bit of a battery drainer. Any suggestions would be very helpful and aprreciated. I'm far from a computer tech... THX

A:Laptop won't wake from Sleep/Hibernation, PLZ HELP!

It seems to be a monitor issue. Also when I shut down the computer stays on but the monitor shuts off??? I'm thoroughly stumped. Plz help...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/249413-laptop-wont-wake-sleep-hibernation-plz-help.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a HP Notebook Laptop connected to an external display with a unifying wireless device - the Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard. I put the laptop to sleep to save battery power. Now here's the problem; I'll have to physically open the screen door just to get it to wake and its something I do not want to do every time. HP parts are expensive. -_- Its a new laptop but still...they do NOT last. I have the same issue when the batteries goes dead and it goes into hibernation mode. I'd have to open the screen door to press the power switch. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/How-Do-I-Get-the-Laptop-to-Wake-From-Sleep-with-External/td-p/5616904
Relevancy 70.95%

I did some research online and brief searching Self-Wake Laptop Sleep from Mysterious here and it seems that nobody else has a similar scenario Laptop Mysterious Self-Wake from Sleep to me Please ask for more information if I did not include sufficient info Problem I put laptop to sleep at night I wake up it's on Laptop Mysterious Self-Wake from Sleep I check Windows 's Event viewer Laptop Mysterious Self-Wake from Sleep and I see really weird stuff Today I just caught it for the first time running when I was taking it out of a case when I was out of the apartment and I caught it putting itself back to sleep right after I pulled it out amp it was running So the waking up to my laptop already on has been happening maybe for - weeks The putting itself back to sleep just this afternoon Investigation so far I used the command prompt quot powercfg quot commands and all devices are double checked to not wake up my computer When I test powercfg -lastwake NORMALLY it will correctly tell me that the Power button was used to wake it up as I actually did When I run that command after I wake up to find my computer running it gives me nada screenshot included Event viewer shows events happening at the times that it wakes up ONE WEIRD THING IT always mentions the system time being changed look at the nd screenshot Images attached Berlarc Advisor should I edit it out Is it too sensitive with my editing still Thank you very much for your time amp help Quote Operating System System Model Windows Professional build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Dell Inc Inspiron System Service Tag Chassis Serial Number Enclosure Type Portable Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon X Dual-Core TK- kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board Dell Inc Serial Number Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Dell Inc A Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space SONY CDRWDVD CRX A ATA Device CD-ROM drive TOSHIBA MK GSX Hard drive GB -- drive s n GTE WT rev DL D SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot 'DIMM A' has MB serial number Slot 'DIMM B' has MB serial number Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free d NTFS on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accounts last logon PM admin local system accounts Administrator PM admin Guest never HomeGroupUser never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account Canon Inkjet MP Printer on USB Controllers Display ATA Channel Controller x ATA Channel Controller x Ricoh Memory Stick Controller Ricoh MMC Host Controller Ricoh xD-Picture Card Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller x ATI Radeon X Series Display adapter Generic PnP Monitor quot vis July Bus Adapters Multimedia Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller x SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC Virus Protection Back to Top new Group Policies AntiVir Desktop None discovered Communications Other Devices HDA CX Soft Modem Broadcom x Integrated Controller primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address C F Dell Wireless Dual Band WLAN Mini-Card Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server none responded Physical Address C B Hamachi Network Interface Microsoft to Adapter Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Networking Dns Server Ricoh OHCI Compliant Host Controller Microsoft AC Adapter Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Microsoft Composite Battery Logitech Driver Interface x HID-compliant consumer control device HID-compliant device x Razer Salmosa USB Input Device x Laptop Integrated Webcam Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard Standard PS Keyboard HID-compliant mouse Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse Synaptics PS Port Pointing Device Mouse SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller Apple Mobile Device USB Driver USB Composite Device ... Read more

A:Laptop Mysterious Self-Wake from Sleep

do you have wakeup from lan enabled in the bios?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-mysterious-self-wake-from-sleep-469883.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi Guys Please help me a little I think I'm losing my mind I have Laptop Wake Sleep itself Reboots from - an Asus Ultrabook UX L It came with windows from the factory I upgraded it to windows all nice and wonderful About a month ago I replaced my HDD with an Samsung Evo SSD and I installed a clean copy of Windows which I activated with my windows key All good till here But after that my nightmare started I can't put my laptop to sleep because when I try to wake it up it rastarts instead and I lose all my documents programs started before etc It literally drives me nuts I tried to install a older Intel Management Engine because I found out Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself that the last one is buggy and it is I can't even put my computer to hubernate with it the fans just keep running till it drains my battery but with the IME ish at least hibernation work I tried to disable fast boot to install an older version of the integrated intel graphics card driver tried to put my HDD's to never sleep disabled hybrid sleep set the AHCI link power management to HIMP DIMP etc I don't know what else to do Waiting for your suggestions Best regards Allen

A:Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself

Hello Allen and welcome to the Ten Forums

Have a look at the Power Options Advanced settings: Enter Edit power plan in the search box and then select Change advanced power settings.

Check the settings for sleep and make sure that you do not have sleep going into hibernate mode by setting the value to 0 minutes

Hope this helps!

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38769-wake-sleep-laptop-reboots-itself.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Laptop does not wake up from sleep when either power button, keyboard buttons or mouse touchpad are pressed. A forced reboot is always required. HDD light off, monitor stays black and battery light and fan still on.

Have had this problem for over a week since downloading and using Advanced SystemCare and Driver Booster. Once the problem occured I uninstalled them but nothing changed. Also there was a few recent windows updates at beginning of March but haven't read anywhere that they are causing similar problems. Have tried the obvious fixes but nothing seems to work. ASSISTANCE MUCH APPRECIATED

SPECS
Asus X555LA
Windows 10 Home
Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
BIOS version date 14/08/14

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/laptop-does-not-wake-up-from-sleep-mode-1102418.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Obviously the keyboard keypress and or mouse click can wake it up but what other things Mouse movement definitely doesn't wake it up I prefer to make it sleep rather than hibernate hibernation is disabled mode What my can out sleep of laptop ? wake to save having a GB file saved each time After choosing Win Start menu then quot Sleep quot it will happily go into sleep mode But then sometimes not all the time after finally getting to sleep and the fans go off and the illuminated keyboard goes off it'll wait a second and then wake straight back up and show the windows fast login menu I have to hold the power button for a second to put it back to sleep Then it's whether it'll wake itself up again Sometimes I have go through this procedure times to make it go to sleep On other occasions it'll work first time I tried disabling the LAN adaptor's quot wake on LAN quot but that didn't make any difference

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/390167-what-can-wake-my-laptop-out-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I recently replaced Linux on my laptop with Windows 7 and since then I have had a problem that when I put my machine to S3 sleep for a long period, i.e. overnight, I wake up and find that the machine is in hibernate. This is unacceptable to me because I make a habit of writing as soon as I wake up, and the ten minute delay while the machine is coming out of hibernate means that I lose my thoughts. how do I get the machine to stay in S3 sleep?

The machine is a Thinkpad R61i and the third-party battery is showing signs of age, but I always leave the machine plugged into the mains overnight. And as I said, I never had this problem when I was using Linux.

A:I go to bed and laptop is in sleep. I wake up and it is in hibernate.

Yes S4 seems to be a feature in Laptops to save drainage on the Battery ...

How long does it take the Laptop to boot ?

Surely it must be faster that way ?
Have you updated your Ram ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/378746-i-go-bed-laptop-sleep-i-wake-up-hibernate.html
Relevancy 70.95%

No doubt this is a "hardware problem" but here goes:

My hp 6735s laptop (vista) does not wake up from sleep/hibernate if put to sleep/hibernate and left alone for more than 25 minutes. Nothing seems to wake it up, until I restart the computer by pressing down (a good long time) on the power button.

Also, the "Sleep" button on keyboard has no effect whatsoever.

Small detail: I checked control panel -> keyboard, as suggested by one site and notice that my keyboard has no support for a wake fup unction.

A:laptop does not wake from sleep / hibernate

Try changing your sleep settings.

Go to "Control Panel"

Go to "Hardware & Sound"

"Power Options"

You will see such options as "Choose What The Power Buttons Do" & "Choose What Closing The Lid Does." Poke around in here and you should find how to change the sleep settings.

I played around in here the other day. I bet this will help you.

Good luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-does-not-wake-from-sleep-hibernate-301932.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I just wany my PC & laptop (both on win 10 x64) to sleep at 8PM and wake up at 6AM. Sometimes the laptop does but I dont think the PC ever has yet.
In Power Options I have:
Turn off the display: 10 mins
Put the computer to sleep: Never

In Advanced Power Settings I have:
Sleep After: Never
Allow hybrid sleep: Off
Hibernate after: Never
Allow wake timers: Enable

I then have set a scheduled task to run a batch file containing:
Rundll32.exe Powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Sleep

And another scheduled task to run a batch file containing:
Wake Up!

Any help appreceiated, thanks!

A:Cant get my PC or laptop to sleep/wake to schedule

Is the schedule supposed to override the power settings? Did not realize that could be done.

Did you set the account that the scheduler items are supposed to run as? The scheme it uses may be the key. Running it as a system scheduled item might help it override better.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/47550-cant-get-my-pc-laptop-sleep-wake-schedule.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi i have toshiba satellite p200, and this problem has just started occuring recently. Whether i shut the cover of my laptop or manually go to start and put it to sleep i can not get it to wake. After it puts itself to sleep "successfuly" i can hit every key on the key board or tap on the mouse pad and all it will do is start up to a black screen and stay there.... nothing else happens. its not a major problem just an annoying one it would just be nice to be able to shut my laptop when i leave for class and open when i return and have it wake up.

if any one can help please do ... microsofts help page didnt help and toshibas didnt either

A:Cant wake laptop from sleep mode

You mean STAND BY mode? It cannot wake up from STAND BY? Can you recall when this started?

If this is my case, I would definitely start with updating the chipset and video drivers (from Toshiba website) if this does not help, I will test my RAM and hard drive for any hardware errors. If hardware checks out OK, then I will surely consider fresh install of Vista. But then again, this is just my two cents.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-wake-laptop-from-sleep-mode-282352.html
Relevancy 70.09%

My laptop wont wake up when it went into sleep mode. I have to press the power button to turn on the laptop everytime it went into sleep mode. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G40-80-Laptop-went-into-sleep-mode-and-wont-wake-up/td-p/3482658
Relevancy 70.09%

When my Compaq laptop (Presario 755US; runs Vista Home) puts itself to sleep, it won't wake up doing the usual things--touch pad; power key; etc. I must do a hard shutoff and reboot. Any solutions out there?

A:Compaq Laptop won't wake up from sleep mode

When your computer left the CPQ / HP factory, was it running Vista, or did you upgrade?

How do you wake up your computer if the techniques you described fail?

When did the problem begin?

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-laptop-wont-wake-up-from-sleep-mode.687072/
Relevancy 70.09%

I don't know if this is a software problem or not, so forgive me if this is the wrong forum to post it on.
My Asus Q301LA refuses to wake from sleep mode if the charger is plugged in and the battery is fully charged. To elaborate, all that happens is the light on the power button comes on, but my screen is still blank. I have to force shutdown or force sleep, remove the charger and then wake it again.

Though it will still come on if the charger is not plugged in when I press the power button or the battery is not fully charged. I recently imported it from the US into India, so is it possible it is a power-related issue? Although I am using a proper voltage converter and adapter.

Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51325-asus-laptop-refuses-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hopefully I've titled this correctly and used the SF Diagnostic tool right as this is my first reaching out for help on Seven Forums So here goes I'm 0x0000009F Sleep/Wake BSOD Laptop getting BSOD's on a Samsung NP U C-S CA Laptop running Windows x Ultimate usually when it tries to enter sleep mode occasionally upon waking and as of yesterday once when the system was simply idling while I was watching Now the laptop was running Windows but I reverted to Windows because everything I do on this computer is run in applications on the desktop Since installing Windows however I have been getting x F BSOD's related to DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE which I at first believed was simply caused by not having the correct chipset ACPI drivers installed as this was a vanilla install of Windows I proceeded to get all the drivers installed that Samsung offered BSOD 0x0000009F Sleep/Wake Laptop for my laptop and even went as far as getting an updated WiFi Bluetooth Stack from Qualcomm Atheros in case that was the issue As you'll see in the logs and the picture below the BSOD's have been quite sporadic Sometimes I can close the lid of my laptop and it enters sleep no problem Other times it hangs and enters sleep after a LONG TIME close to or minutes I know computers need to flush things to memory hard drives but I've never had a computer take longer than - mins to enter sleep Other times I've found that unplugging it from power before closing the lid has helped but sometimes it still hangs So I don't think that's going to help us determine the issue Very rarely it will resume from sleep powering on the fan screen lights but nothing ever shows up on the display The screen lights up as if it's going to come on and it will either hang there until I hard-reset it or until it reboots on it's own usually caused by a BSOD Let me know what you make of this and if and where I can get updated drivers as Samsung's latest date back to and attempting to get drivers from AMD result in a message stating quot incompatible hardware software quot when running their updater which makes no sense as EVERYTHING in this laptop is based off an AMD Trinity APU platform USB Video SATA North South Bridge chipsets ACPI etc All in all I think this is gonna be fun to sort out and appreciate all the help I can get

A:BSOD 0x0000009F Sleep/Wake Laptop

Code:
Host Name: KIRASHI-LAPTOP
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: KiRaShi
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00015
Original Install Date: 6/29/2013, 9:49:34 PM
System Boot Time: 9/1/2013, 10:53:24 AM
System Manufacturer: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.
System Model: 535U4C
System Type: x64-based PC
There seems to be a problem with your Windows activation. Please post this report: Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/303313-bsod-0x0000009f-sleep-wake-laptop.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I am not sure if this is the right board to post this question in, but I am having the same issue with two HP Pavilion 13-a113cl laptops that are running Windows 10 Pro (64-bit). The issue has to do with waking the machines from sleep using the keyboard or mouse pad. I am not having any issues with them waking from sleep using the power button or when I open or close them. I checked the BIOS and the power settings aren't there. (BIOS version F.32)I have the boxes checked to allow the devices to wake the computer in the power management section without any success.I have changed the Intel MEI driver to 9.5 instead of 11 that is typically installed  without any success. I am not sure if this is an issue with the BIOS and Windows 10 or something driver related. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.     

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-laptop-won-t-wake-from-sleep-via-keyboard-or/td-p/5648973
Relevancy 70.09%

i have to press the power button every time instead. all the laptop i've owned before were never like that, opening the lid would've sufficed. i checked power options settings, i don't see "lid open action", only "lid close action" which is set to "sleep" mode. any idea?

A:My HP laptop won't wake from sleep mode upon opening the lid

That's a default action either pressing Enter key or Power button to wake up from sleep or hibernate depending on the computer brand. Travel to the power option settings for any other available options.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423099/my-hp-laptop-wont-wake-from-sleep-mode-upon-opening-the-lid/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hope im putting this in the right thread I have a Compaq Presario CQ - US laptop with Vista have not had any problems with it until a few minutes ago I was moving it so I closed the lid and unplugged the power cable with it still turned on Whenever I do this it goes into some kind of sleep mode which I can sometimes get it to wake up from and other times I have to reboot I couldnt get it to wake up so I tried rebooting wake up rfom sleep. Laptop wont waited a few seconds and started it back up but it still seems to be sleeping It will start up and I can hear stuff moving around inside the power button and the internet-connection button both turn Laptop wont wake up rfom sleep. on but the internet-connection button is orange instead of blue only does that while in sleep mode that ive seen and the screen remains black Also the button to toggle the touch-pad on off lights up but it does not respond to hitting it Ive tried rebooting it - times but it never wakes up and the screen remains black nbsp

A:Laptop wont wake up rfom sleep.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/687072-compaq-laptop-wont-wake-up.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-wake-up-rfom-sleep.881259/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi all I have an hp 15N-230us Laptop windows 10 64 bit with 4 gigs memory. I had to do a total clean install. Well every since doing the install my computer now when I close the lid wont wake up. I have never had that issue until the clean install. Can someone please help me fix this issue?

Thanks ahead of time.

A:Hp Laptop Wont Wake Up From Sleep Mode

Check your power settings in Control Panel. You can choose what action the machine takes when you close the lid and it sounds like yours is set to shut down rather than sleep.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/hp-laptop-wont-wake-up-from-sleep-mode.306442/
Relevancy 69.66%

When I close the lid of my HP dv2045 the computer goes into sleep mode. That's good, but about 10% of the time it doesn't want to wake up again. The "fix" I use is to give it a hard shutdown and reboot. Power settings are typical for a laptop. I'm wondering if anybody knows of a method of waking it with a dark screen up.

Relevancy 69.23%

I have read many threads on this, but I cant seem to get my laptop to wake using the wireless kboard/mouse. I have a HP pavilion dv4 with windows 7 x32, and a logitech LX710 Kboard/mouse. I am beginning to think that I will not be able to wake on this laptop.

Allow this device to turn on computer is greyed out in device manager. I have accessed the bios, but did not see anything that looked like it pertained to this issue. I am far from a computer expert, so any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!

A:Can't wake laptop from sleep with wireless Kboard/mouse

Try Using a standard usb keyboard & mouse. If they work then yes, wireless is your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/250523-cant-wake-laptop-sleep-wireless-kboard-mouse.html
Relevancy 69.23%

someone pls my hp pavilion dv6 6514nr sleeps when i close the lid and anytime i try to open it up it it crashes with the BSOD: system thread exception not handled screen
i tried using blue screen view to read the dump files but it showed me it had something to do with ntoskrnl.exe
and i really dont know what that is pls help any form of help will be apreciated

A:BSOD crash anytime i sleep my laptop and wake up

Ok I just discovered that the same thing happens if I hibernate. And wake up pls someone help

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/37217-bsod-crash-anytime-i-sleep-my-laptop-wake-up.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I am using Acer Travelmate 8204WLMi laptop running the latest RC build of Windows 7. The internet connection is lost on both LAN adapter and WLAN (3945ABG) adapter when laptop is restored from a 'sleep' mode. I have disabled 'Power Management' of each adapter via the Device Manager. I have updated to the latest set of updates.

Disabling and re-enabling LAN or WLAN adapter to restore connectivity does not work (as it does in Win-XP). I have tried to 'log off' and log back in but this does not work either. I have discovered that the only way to restore connectivity is to re-boot the laptop.

It would appear that there is an issue of the Windows 7 code to correctly manage the LAN/ WLAN adapters. Has anyone else come across this problem?

A:laptop sleep mode: internet lost upon wake-up

Yes, exactly the same problem on a dell studio 15 (1555). I tried disabling the adaptor before sleep then re-enabling after waking but it did not help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/9011-laptop-sleep-mode-internet-lost-upon-wake-up.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have an Asus EeePC H from Sleep after Windows My wake can't Laptop installing Vista which comes with Windows XP installed on one of the two partitions on its hard drive It has always worked fine Recently I installed Windows Vista Business on the other partition and updated the drivers Everything works fine I even get a Windows Experience Index of P except that now when I sleep the computer it never wakes up if I do it in Vista and sometimes doesn't My Laptop can't wake from Sleep after installing Windows Vista wake My Laptop can't wake from Sleep after installing Windows Vista up if I do it in XP as I can choose which operating system to run Another problem I have is that I turn the laptop on either after reboot from failed sleep or just normal use and it won't boot up In both cases it looks the same - that is the lights all turn on but the monitor doesn't and it emits less noise than normal I don't know if it's having trouble starting up a piece of hardware But I don't know it's odd it happened when I installed Vista Any help will be appreciated

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this..but..my laptop HP ProBook 4540s..i just bought it...i make it to go to stanby mode..but when i press the ON button..from the lights I see the laptop is ON..i hear windows sounds..but I don't see any picture..if I'm not mistaken it happens with both standby and hibernation modes

can anyone suggest anything? thanx

A:Laptop doesn't wake up from hibernation

When the laptop is in hibernation what happens if you press a key, not the On button?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278033-laptop-doesnt-wake-up-hibernation.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a asus ux305ca. Has a gma 515. Latop comes with windows 10 x64. If i update the gma drivers, either manually or via windows update (insider builds which includes an updated driver). The machine will work fine, but after sleep and you open the lid, the monitor won't wake. You can however install the older driver asus has on their website which will restore functionality.
Is this a bios problem or what exactly is not compatible with the newer intel drivers?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53153-laptop-monitor-wont-wake-after-sleep-when-updating-intel-gfx-drivers.html
Relevancy 67.94%

So my laptop has the latest drivers and updates installed but ever since I've installed Windows 7 I get a black screen after trying to wake it up from sleep mode. When I put it to sleep (close the lid or do it via the start menu), everything works fine. It gos to sleep and the light starts blinking. But once I open the lid I can hear the sound of the hard drive starting & the wi-fi button starts to glow, it literally resumes from sleep but the screen stays black. Everything else works fine but not being able to put it in sleep mode is really a big problem for me. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance. 

A:My laptop doesn't wake up (black screen)

nikolassj wrote:So my laptop has the latest drivers and updates installed but ever since I've installed Windows 7 I get a black screen after trying to wake it up from sleep mode. When I put it to sleep (close the lid or do it via the start menu), everything works fine. It gos to sleep and the light starts blinking. But once I open the lid I can hear the sound of the hard drive starting & the wi-fi button starts to glow, it literally resumes from sleep but the screen stays black. Everything else works fine but not being able to put it in sleep mode is really a big problem for me. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Hi, Perform a hard reset. Take the charger and battery out then press and hold the power button for 15 secs.Plug the battery and charger back in then start your computerGo to control panel then look for power options.At the left panel youll see some options like "When closing the lid" Click that then set it to do nothing. Hope it helps.

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-laptop-doesn-t-wake-up-black-screen/td-p/5828660
Relevancy 67.51%

I have tried to update/remove/modify the video graphics driver and that didn't work nor changing the energy plans did any good. So is there a fix that someone knows it definitely works?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/43475-my-windows-10-laptop-after-suspend-mode-doesnt-wake-up.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a Dell Optiplex with WinXPPro SP GB RAM and an Intel Core Duo E and it is unreliable for Wake on LAN and Wake on Ring I also wonder whether my Standby - Sleep - Suspend S or S is working correctly When the PC is in Standby - Sleep - Suspend mode S or S Wake on LAN and Wake on Ring work Ring, on with Wake Sleep LAN Wake on Trouble Suspend Standby - - and some of the time but not all of the time and I'd like them to be reliable These may be two different problems but your advice Trouble with Wake on Ring, Wake on LAN and Standby - Sleep - Suspend will be appreciated Also if I should post in a different forum please advise My Network Card is an Intel DM- Gigabit Network Connection and I recently upgraded its drivers using quot generic quot PROXP exe from the Intel website although this has not helped the problem The specific driver file e e sys is now from -- it used to be from But as I say Wake on LAN from Standby was not and is still not reliable both before and after the driver update In Settings Network Connections Local Area Connections Properties Configure Power Management all the Wake on LAN options are checked ON - Wake on Directed Packet - Wake on Magic Packet - Wake on Magic Packet from Power Off State - Wake on Link The NIC card's Diagnostic checks are all OK My fax modem card is a Conexant D PCI V Modem and I have the most recent drivers dated version In Settings Phone and Modem Options Modems Properties quot Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby quot is checked ON The MS fax service is configured to answer on zero or one rings And I have the same problems regardless of my Screensaver or Power Management settings The PC is NOT set to go into Hibernate ever I have experimented with various settings for Standby Monitor Off and Hard Disk Drive off but the problem stays the same regardless and also appears if I put the PC into Standby manually My Dell BIOS version is A the latest for this PC I have a choice of S or S for Standby but the problems are the same regardless which one I choose What to do If it's a BIOS problem how can I fix Another post suggested I stop using ACPI for Power Management and let Windows run Power Management However there is no choice in Settings or the BIOS to do that at least none that I have found More symptoms On this PC I also have LogMeInFree version Just recently the problems with Wake on LAN and Wake on Ring seemed to go away but I noticed that the PC was no longer really going to sleep during Standby When this Dell is in Standby its power light should blink I saw that the light would start blinking but then go solid again and although the monitor stayed dark the PC certainly quot felt quot awake So I checked some of the log files in LogMeInFree and saw indications that LogMeInFree was reaching out for power every few seconds over and over So all this past weekend I exited out of LogMeInFree saw the PC go into GOOD standby blinking power light but my Wake on Ring problem came back I think the LogMeInFree problem is separate and had the perverse result of hiding my Wake on Ring and Wake on LAN problems which return when LogMeInFree is off but thought I'd let you know Thanks for your thoughts

A:Trouble with Wake on Ring, Wake on LAN and Standby - Sleep - Suspend

More to above: Dell has suggested I must re-install Windows. I've never done that, and I realize I'd probably lose all my applications and data - no good. Seems to me that's like using an atomic bomb to kill a mosquito. And why should I assume that will work?

But is there a way to re-install -- or maybe fix -- Windows that leaves everything else safe?

FYI - About a month or so ago, I ran SFC (System File Checker) in repair mode, and that didn't help with this problem.

Any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-with-wake-on-ring-wake-on-lan-and-standby-sleep-suspend-432401.html
Relevancy 65.36%

The problem is that when I close the lid on my laptop, the screen goes black, and that's it. The fan is still running, all the lights are on. The thing is, when I turn off wifi, the laptop sleeps fine, with the power light turning orange and pulsating, and the fan off.

Earlier I found a page with the so called fix for this which was to change the advanced power option "Prevent idling to sleep" in "When sharing files" to "Allow computer to sleep." This fixed my problem, but it came back after a while, probably due to going off and on wifi, and plugging and unplugging.

I need to get the laptop to sleep properly even when on wifi and sharing media.

A:Laptop sleep doesn't actually sleep, fan still on.

Make sure that your settings, when closing the lid, are set to Hibernate. This will be a true sleep mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-sleep-doesnt-actually-sleep-fan-still-on-622524.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi All
This is my first time on any forum so forgive me if I have gone to the wrong place. I have had the common problem of broken hinges on my L50 B. I have replaced both hinges and to all intent and purpose ever thing went well, i.e. the lid opens and closes great now. I have however done something wrong, the laptop now doesn't sleep when I close the lid. I have checked all the power settings and the advanced settings and they are set to sleep when lid is closed. Has anyone any idea what I may have done wrong. Can anyone tell me what the motherboard connection of the lid sensor switch looks like? Any help gratefully received.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93435-LAptop-doesn-t-sleep-when-the-lid-is-closed
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a Dell Studio running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, and the laptop doesn't sleep when I close the lid, except I double-checked my settings in the control panel and it's supposed to sleep.

I've had the computer for over 6 months now and the problem first started yesterday, right after I installed the latest Windows updates. When I close the lid, the computer doesn't sleep, but even when I open the lid, nothing appears on the monitor. It's still black and unresponsive, although the power button isn't blinking, so I know it's still awake.

A:Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed

Hello ieatlikeawolf, Welcome to the Forum.

Could you answer a few questions?
Does the laptop go into sleep mode if you choose Sleep from the start menu?
Have you tried doing a System Restore to a point before you installed the updates?
Did you install Update KB976902 at the same time as other updates?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/138751-laptop-doesnt-sleep-when-lid-closed.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello people !

As the title suggests, I'm having difficulties bringing up to life my laptop. I know for sure its in sleep mode, as I accidently pressed the "hibernate" option from the Start-shutdown menu of Windows 7.

In the previous times this happened, unplugging and then inserting the power supply cable fixed the issue.
But now, nothing works. Not the unplugging, not the constant pressing on the power button. Nothing.

I've read other threads that suggest updating the display driver, disabling the "hibernate" option and other solutions that must have the PC ONLINE (obviously this isn't my case).

S.O.S

A:LG LS55 laptop with Win 7 doesn't come up from sleep

Welcome to the forum dildror. I'm assuming the laptop will not wake at all now? Here are a few things to try.

Remove all batteries, wait a few minutes, and then replace the batteries.

Try pressing and holding the PC?s power button for five seconds or more while it is plugged in to AC.

You said you accidentally pressed the Hibernate key? Try pressing or holding that key again, it may reset it.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/89422-lg-ls55-laptop-win-7-doesnt-come-up-sleep.html
Relevancy 62.78%

About a week ago I noticed my laptop stopped going into sleep mode when I closed the lid. It just stays on. I checked the power settings, and they are set to sleep when the lid closes, in fact, I can manually put it into sleep mode myself and close the lid and it stays sleeping fine, however, it doesn't go to sleep when you close the lid anymore.

Never experienced any issue like this with the laptop before. It is an HP Pavilion dv3 running windows 7.

I check some online forums and tried of few of things including a system restore but nothing has worked for me yet.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

A:Laptop Doesn't Sleep When Lid Closes

From reading, there might be a magnet in the bezel surrounding the screen that senses when the lid is closed. Something happened to the magnet (slight misalignment?) and the laptop can no longer sense that the lid is closed.
I have no idea the strength of the magnet nor where it is located. Perhaps someone on the HP forum who has disassembled a Pavilion laptop might be able to help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-doesnt-sleep-when-lid-closes.1132923/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I sleep doesn't or Laptop hibernate have a Dell Inspiron R running Windows my laptop does not go to sleep or hibernate each time I close the lid or press the power button it seems that it forcefully shut down or go to sleep hibernate and then shuts down immediately quot the shut down screen does not appear quot When i start the laptop opening the lid pressing the button it starts as if it were properly shut down I am aware of the options that I can adjust for sleep hibernate or shut down when the lid is closed the power button pressed the problem also exists when giving a quot Sleep hibernate quot order from the start menu I have tried several suggested solutions on the web I have updated the Bios quot whatever that does quot and several other drivers I have tried running a quot PowerCfg -energy quot test on the command prompt quot several people mentioned that by using this test the Laptop doesn't sleep or hibernate found a driver that is requesting the computer to not sleep but i found no such errors i ran a few tests on Dell com to check for any Laptop doesn't sleep or hibernate problems but Laptop doesn't sleep or hibernate everything seems OK also when the laptop is sitting idle for a while and it goes automatically for sleep it does not wake up by moving mouse clicking on the power button I have to shut it down by holding the power button then press it again to turn it on as I remember the problem first appeared after updating the windows from to please help and thanks in advance nbsp

A:Laptop doesn't sleep or hibernate

Try updating the BIOS: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19

Some DELLs come with there own power management software, that might be interfering...

Chears
Grant

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-doesnt-sleep-or-hibernate.1131234/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have an issue with the sleep function The computer does not awake from sleep When I try to do it it behaves as if it was waking but it never ends and there is only a black screen the mouse and keyboard are inoperative The only thing possible to do is a hard reboot When it boots it shows a notice with a minute report in an No Sleep issue the From have sleep T ? BlockedI with Wake function. the zip file usually saying there was a blue screen but I NEVER see any blue screen at all I know the power configuration is OK No Wake From Sleep ? BlockedI have an issue with the sleep function. T because I have always No Wake From Sleep ? BlockedI have an issue with the sleep function. T used the same scheme A powercfg energy report shows several errors and warnings They refer to USB and PCI vendor ATI motherboard but I don t know how to repair them I downloaded the drivers downloader from Rrecipester org and downloaded and installed the drivers They are all Broadcom Corporation signed the brand of my USB Bluetoth attachment I rebooted after installing as recommended Run powercfg energy again and got the same report issues in the zip file I don t think the processor utilization warnings to be very important because they are low and sporadic picks It No Wake From Sleep ? BlockedI have an issue with the sleep function. T has been like this for some time now so I don t have a restore point Can someone help and tell me what I can do so solve this issue please Files uploaded in the attached zip Windows warning after reboot Windows dump and xml files each Powercfg -energy report I wanted to correct the thread title but was unable to do it Maybe someone else can do it

A:No Wake From Sleep BlockedI have an issue with the sleep function. T

Quite confident it's a driver issue, it will be very difficult to troubleshoot from the one included dump file though as it's incomplete and inconclusive.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BAD_POOL_CALLER (c2)
The current thread is making a bad pool request. Typically this is at a bad IRQL level or double freeing the same allocation, etc.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000007, Attempt to free pool which was already freed
Arg2: 000000000000109b, (reserved)
Arg3: 0000000004440006, Memory contents of the pool block
Arg4: fffffa8007c481b0, Address of the block of pool being deallocated

Debugging Details:
------------------

***** Debugger could not find nt in module list, module list might be corrupt, error 0x80070057.

Cannot get _POOL_TRACKER_BIG_PAGES type size
Cannot get _POOL_TRACKER_BIG_PAGES type size

POOL_ADDRESS: fffffa8007c481b0

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_7

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffffa80036544e0 to fffff800038c2d40

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`00b9c360 fffffa80`036544e0 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`000007ff fffffa80`03619000 fffffa80`04498360 : 0xfffff800`038c2d40
fffff800`00b9c368 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`000007ff fffffa80`03619000 fffffa80`04498360 fffff800`038d0fff : 0xfffffa80`036544e0
STACK_COMMAND: kb

SYMBOL_NAME: ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module

IMAGE_NAME: Unknown_Image

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

BUCKET_ID: CORRUPT_MODULELIST

Followup: MachineOwner

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219849-no-wake-sleep-blockedi-have-issue-sleep-function-t.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Whether I choose any option other than to turn PC off, instead of tapping spacebar on my MS wireless keyboard I have to tap the button for power on the tower, then the monitor turns on as the fan runs, but always a black screen. So then I have to do a manual boot and select to start normally.

Started a week ago, around the same time as a graphics card failure. I installed a new PNY GeForce, updated ALL drivers on my Gateway DX4710-UB301A, (Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit, AVG antivirus free 2014) played with power management and startup config settings, trolled forums, performed malware scans, and still can't figure out the issue. 

Please help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520005/groggy-wake-up-from-sleep-hybrid-sleep-or-hibernate/
Relevancy 61.92%

My laptop with Win Pro x has two issues with power states which are not working correcttly They are -the laptop does not shut down completely either by navigating to the power down option on the settings charm bar or by pressing the power button on the laptop I set it to shut down instead of sleeping as default The computers apparently starts powering down but the power led never switches off and the cooler keeps spinning It won't turn off until I press and hold the power button or the battery drains up Of course the same applies to hybernating the OS saves the content of RAM and starts shutting down but nor down up shut laptop sleep from doesn't wakes never completely shuts down Ditto with quot fast boot quot enabled it doesn't matter if it's on or off the laptop still doesn't power down -if the laptop sleeps it simply won't wake up The monitor turns off and you'd laptop doesn't shut down nor wakes up from sleep expect to press a keyboard key or move or click a mouse button to awaken it but nothing happens Again all I can do is holding the physical power button to force a shutdown or wait until the battery is drained When the laptop keeps stuck in sleeping mode I notice that after some instants the Num Lock led keeps lit and won't turn off even if I press the key What do you think might be happening is it some issue with ACPI or power states What do you suggest to fix those issues Thanks in advance Info OS Windows Pro x CPU core i - U GPU AMD Radeon HD M

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/35485-laptop-doesnt-shut-down-nor-wakes-up-sleep.html
Relevancy 61.92%

My DV7 laptop either won't come up after sleep mode or sometimes takes 3 or 4 minutes to wake up from sleep mode.  Also the bootup has become very slow - acts like it pauses during bootup and then resumes.  Am running windows 10 and all updates are current.  I have read in some forum posts that there could be a small magnetic switch by the power button that could get stuck and cause the problem.  Have also read that heat from video card could be softening or melting the solder on the system board.  Not sure what I should do to fix this problem.  Have tried all solutions offered on http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03383935 Any other suggestions / solutions out there? Thank you. 

A:dv7 Laptop either slow to come up after sleep mode or doesn'...

Hi, Here is the list of the things that you should try to make the computer fast. ?Make sure the Bios is updated?Turn off Startup ProgramsWhen you install a program in Windows, it may add a small program that runs when Windows starts. After installing a lot of software, your boot up process could become slow. If there are programs you don?t use much, they probably don?t need to start every time Windows does.?Disable the Indexing Service in WindowsThe Search Indexing service in Windows scans through the files and folders on your system and records information about them in an index file to speed up the search process. However, this also consumes resources on your system and can slow it down. If you don?t do a lot of searching through files and folders, you can turn off the indexing service to free up some resources and speed up your computer.Open the Start menu and enter ?services.msc? (without the quotes) in the search box. Press Enter or click on the services.msc link when it displays.? In the right pane on the Services dialog box, scroll down until you find the Windows Search service. Right-click on it and select Properties from the popup menu.? The Windows Search Properties dialog box displays. Select Disabled from the Startup type drop-down list. Click OK to accept the change and close the dialog box.You are returned to the Services dialog box. Select Exit from the File menu to close it. Reboot your computer to finalize the change. ? Reduce the Delay of the Start Menu DisplayBy default, there is a delay before the Start menu and its submenus display. If you want to make the Start menu open faster, you can change a key in the registry to accomplish this.Open the Start menu and enter ?regedit.msc? (without the quotes) in the search box. Press Enter or click on the regedit.msc link when it displays.If the User Account Control dialog box displays, click Yes to continue.NOTE: You may not see this dialog box, depending on your User Account Control settings.In the tree in the left pane of the Registry Editor, navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop key. In the right pane, scroll down until you find the MenuShowDelay data value. Right-click on the name and select Modify from the popup menu.? In the Value data edit box on the Edit String dialog box, enter a new value between 0 and 4000. This indicates how many milliseconds it takes for the Start menu and any submenus to display. We don?t recommend you use 0 as the value. It might make it hard to navigate through the menus. Click OK to accept your change.Select Exit from the File menu to close the Registry Editor. Reboot your computer to apply the change. ? Change the Number of Recent Items Shown on the Windows 7 Start MenuIf you have a lot of recent documents displaying in the Recent Items menu on the Start menu, it can slow down access to the menu. It is a quick and easy task to change the number of items that display on the Recent Items menu.Delete Unnecessary Items from the Send To MenuSome programs may add items to the Send To menu when you install them. If so, your Send To menu may become slow to access. However, you can easily customize the Send To menu in Windows and remove items you don?t use or even disable the Send To menu completely.? Limit the Number of Items in Each FolderIf you have lots of files in a single folder, it can slow down Explorer. It?s best to create multiple folders and spread out the files among the folders.Hope it helps..

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/dv7-Laptop-either-slow-to-come-up-after-sleep-mode-or-doesn/td-p/5691552
Relevancy 61.92%

I have an Acer Emachines E Laptop I have Windows Ultimate bit OS installed Recently I reformatted my system installing Windows on it Since then I am having problem with sleep mode I cannot recover from sleep mode even after pressing boot button Pressing enter taping or moving fingers on mouse When I press enter in the sleep mode the system starts and blue light also starts blinking But there is no display whatsoever Every time I have to hard boot my system by holding boot button for a while and then rebooting I can set it to not go into from doesn't sleep mode! Laptop recover sleep or hibernation but thats not a solution just a temporary remedy I googled this problem but none of the solutions worked Searched through windows seven forums but didn t found Laptop doesn't recover from sleep mode! anything Any help on this issue would be appreciated Thanks a lot I searched this forum and have already gone through this related post and changed power settings accordingly but it did not fix the issue http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic Laptop doesn't recover from sleep mode! html Here is my Microsoft Diagnostic Tool generated report Diagnostic Laptop doesn't recover from sleep mode! Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -GJY -VJBQ -HYRR Windows Product Key Hash W nm F UPXrCkY xUhXb g Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID C D -C C- E -AA C- EFB Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll Hr x Other data-- Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt C D -C C- E -AA C- EFB lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -HYRR lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt eMachines lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt eMachines E lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt eMachines lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt V lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt FDBB E lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt India Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt ACRSYS lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt ACRPRDCT lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt S... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/363328/laptop-doesnt-recover-from-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I wonder if anyone can help I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li which I've had for just over a year It's a great laptop but recently I've had something weird start happening Whenever I close the lid the laptop doesn't go into sleep mode anymore However when I re-open the lid it does go to sleep If I don't notice this or forget to re-open the lid the laptop gets really hot and I'm worried that this may cause problems in the future Additionally the laptop also seems to sometimes randomly wake while the lid is shut sleep close, I lid when lid but the does on re-open doesn't Laptop I only use it wirelessly and have checked that none of the power saving options Laptop doesn't sleep on lid close, but does when I re-open the lid have been changed I don't know if this was triggered by an update or not as I hadn't used the laptop for a few months so there were a lot of updates to install once I started to use it again My setup is Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li Vista Home Premium bit SP If it was just not going into sleep when closing the lid I'd expect it to be a Laptop doesn't sleep on lid close, but does when I re-open the lid broken switch but it's the fact that it then sleeps when I open the lid that has me stumped Thanks in advance hope someone can help me fix this

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290996-laptop-doesnt-sleep-lid-close-but-does-when-i-re-open-lid.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello, whenever I shut the lid of my laptop, it goes to sleep mode. After a while, when I open it back up it would turn on normally, but most of the times, it would just not even turn on.The keyboard lights can be turned on and the power button is on during that moment. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-laptop-doesn-t-turn-on-after-Sleep-Must-Force-reboot-to/td-p/5645666
Relevancy 61.49%

This problem has been going on already for about a month as far as I can recall The laptop turns on but the display is totally empty and Windows does not start at all This happens frequently after hibernation sleep What I do usually is I just turn the laptop off and turn it on again and the OS starts successfully but now it takes more than twice and it may be dangerous already to do such The laptop is still under warranty and I have it checked already at the store where I bought it The tech person did a few tweaks in the power settings It did work but after a little less than hrs the problem came back I am working as an architectural intern and most of the programs I use are heavy D drafting and D modeling softwares e g Autocad Sketchup and Lumion as well as Adobe Photoshop I use Sketchup very often Just mentioning this as it may have some bearing to the problem Thank you very much

A:Laptop turns on but doesn't load OS after hibernation/sleep

Hi, Welcome to SF.

I found this post from our member gergrocker. This might help.

Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker

Sleep issues are almost always caused by the display driver so I would start by updating it, or trying another. Driver Install - Device Manager

You can troubleshoot Sleep and Hibernate by setting them to 1 and 2 minutes in Power Options. Use Balanced Plan. Then work through these Sleep Mode Problems - Vista Forums.

If this is still the factory preinstalled WIn7 then that is a corrupt install which causes many of these problems, which is why most tech enthusiasts will not run it but choose to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

At the minimum I'd Clean Up Factory Bloatware

If that doesn't help then work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308658-laptop-turns-but-doesnt-load-os-after-hibernation-sleep.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Ever since I did something with my drivers things have been going haywire Here's a list of a few things that I have had issues with sometimes when i'm using a speech application like skype or discord sounds on my desktop are picked up through my mic even though i'm using a headset my computer's automatic maintenance starts up at the most random times and it never seems to end and whenever I shutdown hibernate or put my computer to sleep my screen powers off but my fan power button light and mouse lighting are still on the fan is running as well but it's at a slower and quieter speed All my drivers are updated and so is my BIOS My guess is that the BIOS update may have caused things to go haywire in my computer Can anyone please hibernate, doesn't Laptop and shutdown. sleep, fully help me solve this issue I have to resort to pressing the power button to make my computer turn off or go to sleep nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-doesn-t-fully-hibernate-sleep-and-shutdown/td-p/5621087
Relevancy 56.33%

driver me crazy my S3 Can Wake up STR NOT Sleep PC details MB GIGA X -DQ BIOS F a Menory G Skill DDR G X G - - - CPU E Harddisk WD YS Vedio Card LeadTeck PX GT S3 STR Sleep Can NOT Wake up I can not stand GT's fan noice so I order AC S Rev heatsink to replace old one replcace is good the noice is down and also control the temp to degree then the story comes I find VISTA Home P SP Can Sleep but when I try to wake up the PC CPU Fan Hardisk VedioCard fan start working but the LCD have no signal and Wireless Keybord and mouse does not work I reinstall chip MB drivers and vedio card drivers still same problem I change DELL to Philips P stll no siginal I change BIOS From S to S yes it can wake up but I need S I check the Device Manger and find SYSTEM DEVICES - gt PCI Bus Properties general say working properly BUT resources menory range conflicts pls see the picsorry it is Chinese Powercfg a says system support S I am sorry my OS is Chinese but I can NOT find answer from China pls help if you guys need transfer into English just let me know one more pic from DM

A:S3 STR Sleep Can NOT Wake up

Hi Wufawutian,

Check this Tutorial for solving sleep problems...

Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems

Let me know the results
Steven

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/158050-s3-str-sleep-can-not-wake-up.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, I was wondering if anybody has had this problem before?

My computer was put to sleep earlier on today, and I moved the mouse to turn it back on. The power light went from orange (sleep mode) to blue (powered on). Nothing was displayed on the machine. Bashed some buttons, nothing happened, so did a hard reboot.

The power button went red (which happens if I hard reboot it) then to blue but that's it. The fans and hard drive starts going, but no beeps, no POST, no display. Nothing.

Already, I've tried:

- Reseating my RAM sticks - nothing
- Unplugging the hard drive - bf actually broke a sata slot, although he says it was lose before. The pins are not straight now and I can't get the black slot back onto the mobo. Plugged hard drive into sata 2 slot, still get no reaction.

Anything else I can try?

A:Can't wake up from sleep.

Try clearing CMOS, see if that helps.

http://time4tech.com/article25.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-wake-up-from-sleep.944237/
Relevancy 56.33%

Greetings.  I have a T61 that won't wake from sleep. Situation:Put PC to "sleep" using Fn+F4, closing lid or let it go to "sleep" via system timerPC will not wake upon opening lid, using Fn+F4 or power button.We're forced to either 1) hold down power button (which forces a reboot), or 2) (when that fails), unplug from wall AND remove battery.System:T61, 7664 RYU, Bios 7LETC6WW (2.26)VistaAll Microsoft and Lenovo patches installed and current Notes:Don't have a restore point we can refer back to.Don't want to have to burn it down and start over.My hunch is that there is a conflict somewhere in the registry (maybe between what the bios thinks and what the registry has)?I'll PayPal you $25 if your solution fixes it....  Seriously. Many thanks.  

A:T61 Won't Wake From Sleep

Hi, I have the same problem and have tried all the fixes...none work.  If you get a solution please let me know! Thanks,[email protected]

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/T61-Won-t-Wake-From-Sleep/td-p/203518
Relevancy 56.33%

hi-i am trying to enable wake my computer from sleep using the keyboard or mouse.i have checked all of the bios settings and neccessary power settings are all enabled.i ran the power-cfg cmd to check if my computer will allow itself to use these,and it stated that i could using s1 setting.however it still wont work.i checked on the internet,and one forum suggested it could be that i should check the option under usb root hub-"allow this device to wake computer from sleep".i cannot check any of these options as the box is grayed out.can anyone help?

A:wake from sleep

It may be that one or more devices in your system is/are not compatible with sleep mode, hence those options are greyed out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wake-from-sleep-598419.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My Vista PC keeps going into sleep mode, or closes down. When I start it up again, it gets to a black screen saying continue restore, or re-start. Sometimes I get a blue screen with some sort of loading message on it, but on re-booting, it's ok. I 'googled' the sleep mode problem, and on one link it said it is commonly and registry error, and I needed to download a program to fix it. Can anyone help with the solution. Thanks.

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all,
I have win 7 x64 running on a custom built machine. Every now and then the machine freezes up when I try to wake it up from sleep (usually overnight). I have not made changes to make it hybernate. I experienced this again last night and am wondering if I could get some help analyzing this minidump as I don't know how to analyze it.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

A:win 7 won't wake up after sleep

Hello IndianinIA,

I wonder if that was caused by your network driver. Try uninstalling and reinstalling that driver, e1e6032e.sys, and make sure that you get the latest version.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Jonathan\Desktop\020810-18921-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

DbsSplayTreeRangeMap::Add: ignoring zero-sized range at ?fffff800`00b9c500?
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a00000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c3de50
Debug session time: Sun Feb 7 23:28:12.828 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 13:16:53.125
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8007425a20, fffff80000b9c518, fffffa800a040e10}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1e6032e.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1e6032e.sys
Probably caused by : e1e6032e.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa8007425a20, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff80000b9c518, Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa800a040e10, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
------------------
DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3

IRP_ADDRESS: fffffa800a040e10

DEVICE_OBJECT: fffffa800808c050

DRIVER_OBJECT: fffffa800809f7d0

IMAGE_NAME: e1e6032e.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 49c923b3

MODULE_NAME: e1e6032e

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff88004a6a000 e1e6032e

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002ae0e23 to fffff80002a71f00

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`00b9c4c8 fffff800`02ae0e23 : 00000000`0000009f 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`07425a20 fffff800`00b9c518 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`00b9c4d0 fffff800`02a7dfa6 : fffff800`00b9c600 fffff800`00b9c600 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x29330
fffff800`00b9c570 fffff800`02a7d326 : fffff800`02c20700 00000000`002eb148 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x66
fffff800`00b9c5e0 fffff800`02a7de7e : 0000006f`52d7e4d6 fffff800`00b9cc58 00000000`002eb148 fffff800`02bedb88 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0xc6
fffff800`00b9cc30 fffff800`02a7d697 : 0000001a`17a08dc1 0000001a`002eb148 0000001a`17a08d0d 00000000`00000048 : nt!KiTimerExpiration+0x1be
fffff800`00b9ccd0 fffff800`02a7a6fa : fffff800`02beae80 fffff800`02bf8c40 00... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/62059-win-7-wont-wake-up-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me with this.

I installed 7RC a couple of months ago. Since then whenever my pc sleeps I can not wake it up. It used to wake up fine in XP.

To get it going again I have to cold reboot or pull the plug. When it comes back up everything I was doing is still there, I just have to enter my password.

I think I have all the settings right but if someone could run me through everything that needs to be set I'd be really grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

A:PC Won't wake from sleep

Mine is the same and takes about 2 and a half mins to wake up

I have my bios set to wake up on double mouse click, it does wake up eventually

Should be fixed in the official release!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/16878-pc-wont-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My computer will go into sleep mode (sleep, hibernate, and all power off settings in the power setting are disabled) and it will not wake up. Preform a hard reboot and it beeps once every second without getting through post. Leave it alone for a few days and it's fine boots as normal. Last for a day or two then happens again. Any one got any ideas?

A:Sleep will not wake

Hi @Cbwesson, and thank you for your post.Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that your computer is not waking properly from sleep. I am happy to help with this. Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit? For now and assuming that you are using Windows 10, give this a try: HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8), and let me know how it goes. I look forward to seeing your response, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Sleep-will-not-wake/td-p/5580482
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi guys srry haven t been to tech support guy for awhile in case if i miss any information feel free to remind me and i ll post it asap My laptop is about years old Acer Aspire one day Cant from Sleep Wake up like any normal day i Cant Wake up from Sleep was away from my laptop and it went to sleep Cant Wake up from Sleep The next time i was using it i tried to wake it up it froze for around mins so i tried to restart it and the next thing i knew it only starts up to quot startup repair quot Any attempts to access safe mode to debug the computer has failed and since then the laptop has gone on a loop -- gt fail to repair in startup repair -- gt restart computer again -- gt running startup repair So i decided to reinstall the OS after reformatting and reinstalling windows to my laptop though i seem to encounter a similar error The laptop seems to work fine although whenever it goes to sleep and i try to wake it up the screen froze and starts flashing and the laptop wont work until you restart the computer again I made my second attempt to reinstall a new OS to the system and the same error occurred My laptop has the latest bios and i tried various versions of drivers for my graphics card intel chipset and the problem continues to persist I was wondering if there s any program to debug this error or whether this is a hardware error that i can somehow detect Thanks Acer Aspire Windows bit operation system nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

I'm running Snow Leopard on my iMac which is wirelessly connected to the house's router with Airport. The PC is connected directly to the router with the ethernet cable. It is a fairly new computer, running Windows 7. It is an Acer, 2.something GHz processor. Is there any software that I can use on my mac to wake up my PC remotely from my Mac? Thank you.

A:Can I Wake My PC From Sleep From My Mac?

Wake on Lan is just a magic packets to notify any WOL capable nic and computer to turn on or wake up. Just Google search for OS x wol.
http://www.readpixel.com/wakeonlan/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-wake-my-pc-from-sleep-from-my-mac.921854/
Relevancy 56.33%

Since installing SP my computer Wake Sleep Wake Sleep has been acting like a one year old When I put it to sleep at night it keeps waking and Sleep Wake Sleep Wake then goes to sleep only to wake again Left untouched it went through this cycle all night Starts seconds after I put it to sleep and stays on for minutes and then goes to sleep for seconds then wake for two minutes etc etc etc I disconnected a flash drive that I had in a USB port I disabled quot wake timers quot under Sleep in Power Options I disabled quot allow this device to wake the computer quot in the properties of the USB wireless mouse In the properties for the network adapter under the quot Advanced quot tab I disabled the quot Wake on Settings quot That fixed the problem but then I couldn't wake my computer with Logmein and I think Orb is disabled Noticed when I went back that there's another tab quot Power Control quot for network adapter I disabled quot allow this device to wake the computer quot and changed the Advanced tab quot Wake on setting quot to quot OS controlled quot Now when I put it to sleep it seems to stay down I'll update tomorrow if it misbehaves tonight

A:Sleep Wake Sleep Wake

If you think it might be the network card, you can always open a cmd prompt and run powercfg -lastwake to see which device was logged as waking the machine last.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/152451-sleep-wake-sleep-wake.html