Windows Support Forum

Asus gray screen help

Q: Asus gray screen help

My son's ASus will not boot up. He said he held the power button while the computer was doing a disk check or ungrade. Now all we can get is a gray screen with an arrow. I saw something that said 0x0 error so I went to my computer and downloaded the repair tool onto a flashdrive but I don't know how to get the flashdrive to run. I am able to open the command prompt window but don't know what to type in to open the flashdrive to run it. I also downloaded avg in case it's a virus but again don't know how to make the program open and run?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Asus gray screen help

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Asus gray screen help

As long as your computer doesn't boots up normally , you can not open your flash drive and even can't access to command prompt.
So, the first step is to boot it up with your original DVD and then investigate what the problem is .
When your computer boots from DVD you can run command prompt or perform a startup repair from the menu.
Do you have your original windows DVD ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-gray-screen-help.1064984/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have an M60 laptop that recently started failing the boot process after the Windows XP splash screen, just before the login screen. It does the same thing with an external monitor attached. If I start it in Safe Mode it will boot. When I restart out of Safe Mode it boots without a problem. The next time I try to boot in regular mode the same thing happens.

I have tried removing memory and switching DIMMS around; I have tried replacing the current hard drive with the original hard drive which was working when I replaced it and it has the same symptoms. I did this as any easy way to eliminate viruses, trojans or corrupt drivers. It appears to be a hardware problem, but I am stuck. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks

A:Dell M60 laptop gray screen after Win XP splash screen?

Try replacing the CMOS battery

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-m60-laptop-gray-screen-after-win-xp-splash-screen.155800/
Relevancy 54.61%

Had this monitor for a month and while i was watching a youtube video i turned to my side because i have two monitors and it is flashing gray. I turned my pc off but its still flashing. I didnt touch it at all it just started flashing. I checked the heat while it was on and it was fine. Have pictures if needed

A:screen flasing gray with lines on screen

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet. It stays like this for a couple seconds.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/128179-screen-flasing-gray-lines-screen.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a small network that I screen/stripe screen, xp up sp2 gray locked admin desktops laptops We have been having problems Bear with me I will start from the beginning of problems in case the origin of this sp glitch is other than on this desktop All systems are running Sygate personal firewall with identical permissions Nod automatic updates run weekly scans Microsoft Anti-spyware on all systems Spybot and or Adaware run regularly on all systems xp sp2 gray screen/stripe screen, locked up Desktop had a HDD crash Replaced HDD Reconfigured it to work on xp sp2 gray screen/stripe screen, locked up network Installed XP SP then immediately updated to SP Reinstalled software printers set up sharing etc All seemed to work fine THEN We had a DLink VPN broadband router linked to a Linksys G-band wireless router from our DSL modem We began losing internet connection which turned out to be the DLink failing I have disconnected it disabling our VPN which was not needed at this time and set everything up through the Linksys wireless router Internet connection returned THEN Added new HP printer to Desktop running sp Set it to share over network Desktop and were communicating well with each other and laptop were communicating well with each other Laptop needed sp to resolve some subspooler errors in network setup to make it communicate with D-tops sp install smooth and successful no data loss no reconfigurations necessary Created new workgroup and put all D-tops and laptops on that new workgroup minimal network functions s printer is available only to it and s printer is available to everyone and laptop can t find D-top s printer to install Laptop and D-top use Quickbooks Folder holding QB files are on and are shared but no longer accessible to laptop Cannot browse D-top from any other system via network Tried to create new network place to Can SEE the system but can t add it D-top was running on SP It s main function is to receive the MANY faxes we get and to browse pdf catalogs and browse internet Run full backup and imaged it installed sp then the problems began here at least times day this system will hang up giving either a gray screen or a vertical stripe screen Only a reset button or forced power-down will get a response most times it will do a disk check but not always THIS CRASHING IS MY BIGGEST MOST URGENT OBSTACLE But would appreciate insight advice on other network issues I hope I haven t confused anyone I would appreciate your help Have a great week ksc nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-sp2-gray-screen-stripe-screen-locked-up.389189/
Relevancy 54.61%

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the popup in Vista where your screen is grayed out and you must "Continue" or "Cancel" to run an administrative function... Well... My copy of vista has decided that it would be much more humorous to give the user the gray screen without the dialog box. Quite annoying. The only way to get back is to CTRL ALT DEL, and then just click cancel when that screen comes up. But in the meantime, I pretty much can't make any changes to my computer because I don't receive the continue / cancel dialog box...

Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gray-screen-new-blue-screen-of-death.593483/
Relevancy 54.61%

Why am i just getting a light gray screen when i try to go into some websites, ex. tvguide, it use to let me go right into it, but now the green bars across the bottom go all way across, and just a blank gray screen appears.

A:Gray Screen

It sounds as though your flash player is trying to load to play a video. Are you on dialup? Are there any links that let you bypass the front page?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/121391/gray-screen/
Relevancy 54.61%

When I turn on my laptop the rainbow screen with date, time, Internet and battery shows. When I try to go to login I get a gray screen that doesn't respond to anything and then will go back to start screen after a minute. I have windows 8.1. Can some one help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gray-screen.1156838/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am using Windows Pro Academic purchased from Microsoft digital river since its release The last few months I gray screen then Freeze have been experiencing a system freeze and then a gray screen I tested my Ram and it Freeze then gray screen passed I tried using one stick of Freeze then gray screen RAM at a time and it still did it I use updated drivers for everything and have updated Windows The symptoms are sporadic in occurrence can go weeks without a crash but once it does it then I have a hard time stopping it as it freezes in the same place right after boot up It will also freeze during safe mode occasionally My ram test passed as did my cpu test My system is a AMD quad core with GB RAM gigabyte foxconn destroyer motherboard Nothing is overclocked I read another post here that had similar problems but the post was closed because it was assumed that the user was using an illegal version of Windows Running a hacked version of Windows will not cause this type of problem those users will be able to use a limited Windows with a completely black background and it will not freeze Any ideas what might be wrong nbsp

A:Freeze then gray screen

Hi, as you have already tested the RAM and CPU the next suspect would be your hard drive, Follow this:
Identify the make of your hard drive and then use one of the links below to get the manufacturer's diagnostics for ISO (CD) not the one for Windows.
When the download is complete right click the file and select Extract Here and burn the image to a CD.
In Windows 7 right click the extracted file, select Open With, then select Windows Disc Image Burning Tool then follow the prompts. For all other versions of windows (if you do not have an ISO burner) download this free software. ImgBurn
Install the program and start the application. Select the top left hand option to burn image file to disk and then on the next window click on the small yellow folder icon and browse to the file you have downloaded from the links below. Then click on the two grey discs with the arrow in between (bottom left) and leave it to complete the operation.
Boot the PC into the Bios setup and set the CD/DVD drive to 1st in the boot sequence. Insert the disk in the drive then reboot and the disc will load into dos.
Excelstore Use EStest CD image
Hitachi/IBM Use the Drive Fitness Test - CD Image.
Seagate, Samsung, Maxtor & Quantum Follow links for SeaTools
Western Digital
Toshiba/Fujitsu
If you have a Toshiba/Fujitsu hard drive I would suggest the use of the diagnostics from the Seagate link as this will work on all makes of drive and on any OS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freeze-then-gray-screen.1034511/
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm trying to fix my friend's Toshiba Satellite A -S laptop Vista Home Premium bit no changes to pre-installed product I'm not sure what caused this but when she and I turn on the computer there is a gray screen and then it Screen please Startup... Gray help on won't do anything else If I try to go into Safe Mode by pressing F same thing If I try to press F or F same thing I did try to boot into safe mode and normal mode using her password and it was acting like it was loading windows but the gray screen won't go away I can't see anything on it She doesn't have boot CDs or anything like that If anyone can help me that would be great I am really good with computers so I can take things apart and put them back together if I need to I do know that it was fine and this started suddenly Also it may be important to note Gray Screen on Startup... please help that Gray Screen on Startup... please help it won't go into hibernate sleep mode I'm going to take a look tomorrow to make sure the video connections are secure and then later I will take it to a family member's house Gray Screen on Startup... please help so I can see if it will behave on an external monitor

A:Gray Screen on Startup... please help

Welcome
You may want to try these steps
If you create a recovery DVD, you may be able to boot to recovery options
Create Recovery DVD

The Vista recovery disk is used to boot Vista when it won't boot - to run Startup Repair, System Restore, access a Command Line, Recover using a Vista Backup Image, etc.
System Recovery Options

If Vista will not start now, boot the Recovery CD to run Startup Repair which automates System Restore as well as numerous other tests including System File Checker which can repair system files which are not corrupted beyond repair.

If Vista still will not start, try booting into Safe Mode to run sfc /scannow to repair System files.
Special Thanks Given to Seven Forums.

Below is a bulletin distributed by MS to explain the start up procedure when Windows will not boot.
Startup Repair. Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain problems, such as missing or damaged system files, that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair is located on the System Recovery Options menu, which is on the Windows Vista installation disc. If your computer has preinstalled recovery options, it might also be stored on your computer's hard disk. For more information, see Startup Repair: frequently asked questions and What are the system recovery options in Windows Vista? If your computer does not include Startup Repair, your computer manufacturer might have customized or replaced the tool. Check the information that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer's website.Change restart settings in safe mode. If your computer is stuck in a loop where Windows fails, attempts to restart, and then fails again repeatedly, restart your computer in safe mode and select the Disable automatic restart on system failure checkbox. For more information, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode).Reinstall. If no other options have solved the problem, and you are sure that your computer's hardware is functioning normally, you might need to reinstall Windows. A custom (clean) installation of Windows will permanently delete all of the files on your computer and reinstall Windows, so only use this option if all other recovery options have been unsuccessful. After the installation, you will need to reinstall your programs and restore your files from backup copies. For more information, see Installing and reinstalling Windows**.If these steps do not work are there any beep sounds on boot?
Does the computer seem to turn on?
Based upon your description it sounds like it may even be hardware. The beeps that you hear at boot will help us diagnose.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/286022-gray-screen-startup-please-help.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Well happy new year to me i get back from my dads and i turn my computer on and it went to a gray screen. Let me just cut to the chase and say it's no longer a gray screen, i decided to do reset to factory default and while doing this it said error please click finish to restart computer and once i turned it on it said can read disk drive or something. I cant start it in any mode cant even get to safe mode now it freezes at www.dell.com in blue at the top. So my computer breaks and i think i lost my files

I got windows xp i have to turn my other computer on if anybody needs the system stuff.

Please somebody help before something else breaks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-gray-screen-at-first-447960.html
Relevancy 53.75%

So I am running Win Ultimate too begin with I switched from -bit Win XP to Win recently and about once every day I have gotten a black screen or freeze screen. gray then Freeze, for a few sec then a gray screen I have tried reinstalling graphic card drivers and right now I am running a memtest and it says PASS so far and I guess that means stick passed or something I google d my gray screen issues and only people with OSX had this problem so I guess that isn t related Also it Freeze, then gray screen. s worth to take in notice that I had no problems in XP smooth running system gb ram GHz cpu and Radeon HD not a monster computer Freeze, then gray screen. but more then enough to be able to handle a system I did memtest left it on Freeze, then gray screen. for about and hour came back it said Test passed no errors found press esc to continue or something similar I also ran chkdsk f rebooted and I doubt it showed any error since I left it on came back like mins later and my system was rebooted Should be software issues - or can it be anything else Help me internet nbsp

A:Freeze, then gray screen.

From where did you purchase the Windows 7 Ultimate?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freeze-then-gray-screen.1001259/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have been having this problem with a laptop but I gave up on it a while ago and now trying to work with it again It started doing it every now and then randomly but now it s so bad we can t use the laptop because after minutes after booting it happens again After about minutes or actually a bit after the computer has finished booting the screen gradually Gray maybe minutes... 10 after Screen starts fading into gray and after about - seconds the screen is so gray you can t see anything except for about an inch or so in the left of the screen where you can still see the colors and the background and icons and things and the computer itself is still on Gray Screen after maybe 10 minutes... but the screen is a grayish white I have a feeling it s not the screen or pixels because I don t think we would be able to see anything for the first minutes if it was We can t really Gray Screen after maybe 10 minutes... run a virus scan because we can t see the screen for that long I haven t tried SafeMode I don t know if that will make a difference but I have tried hooking up the screen to a computer screen I have and the screen was being displayed but after the screen started to turn gray the computer screen says quot No Signal quot and turns off Does anyone have any idea what this might be It s a Compaq laptop if that matters

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268550/gray-screen-after-maybe-10-minutes/
Relevancy 53.75%

I just installed windows bit and have been further installing anti-malware and essential programs and drivers but have not finished I still have unrecognized devices and am mostly using whatever drivers that Windows found on its own Every once in a while the screen gray/translucent? does sometimes dim/go Why entire screen will seem to dim as if you were looking through a cloud I suspect it is some Aero effect but I would like to know why it does that as it can happen when I am not using eithre the mouse or the keyboard It seemingly just does it on its own It only lasts a Why does screen sometimes dim/go gray/translucent? second or two Here are the details of my system Win Ultimate x MSI P N SLI Platinum Q Go stepping stock HSF GBx Patriot amp OCZ DDR - Why does screen sometimes dim/go gray/translucent? ATI AIW x Audigy ZS Platinum w bay Hitachi Tb x Seagate MB SATA 's Lite-On DH AH Dell WFPb quot LCD Enermax W EG AX-VE-SFMA Logitech Z- Speakers W Antec Super LanBoy Aluminum Case Device manager shows the following for my graphics card Radeon X X using ATI drivers version I have not yet tried to install catalyst drivers

A:Why does screen sometimes dim/go gray/translucent?

Hello, Welcome!

Could you please post a screenshot of your problem?

Is UAC turned on?

Thanks,
~Jonathan

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/50713-why-does-screen-sometimes-dim-go-gray-translucent.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Dear Friends hope all is well I noticed this light grey band on my screen It was about - inches wide running from top to bottom or vice versa I took some screenshot s of the window see attachments Have any idea what it might be The computer from what little I ve used it quot appears quot to be work properly The things that have obviously changed are a new hard drive upgraded Band Screen Gray on LCD to Windows Professional from Vista and I switched from Avira Free to Avast Free The hard drive and OS upgrade were done by professionals not me Not sure if it s related but this morning there was an AVAST upgrade available when I first booted the computer That is the first time I ve seen the line again in about a week It does go away sometimes in a minute or it may take about minutes I ran the Dell System Detect Gray Band on LCD Screen app and it passed OK Is this another DELL snafu Is there anything I can do on my end to get rid Gray Band on LCD Screen of this or minimize it Thank You in Gray Band on LCD Screen advance for your care cooperation and attention to this matter Sincerely Ralph Latitude E Diagnostics Completed Hardware Hardware Hardware Type Diagnostic Name Result CPUIntel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPU Level Cache Test Passed CPUIntel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPU Register Test Passed CPUIntel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPU MMX Test Passed CPUIntel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPU SSE Test Passed CPUIntel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPU SSE Test Passed CPUIntel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPU SSE Test Passed CPUIntel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPU SSSE Test Passed CPUIntel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPU SSE Test Passed CPUIntel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPU Math Register Test Passed CPUIntel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPU Prime Number Generation Test Passed CPUIntel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPU Floating Point Unit Test Passed CPUIntel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPU Stress Test Passed DVD DriveHL-DT-ST CDRWDVD MU N ATA DeviceDRAM Test Passed DVD DriveHL-DT-ST CDRWDVD MU N ATA DeviceFlash ROM Test Passed DVD DriveHL-DT-ST CDRWDVD MU N ATA DeviceMain IC Test Passed DVD DriveHL-DT-ST CDRWDVD MU N ATA DeviceOPU Test Passed DVD DriveHL-DT-ST CDRWDVD MU N ATA DeviceTray Out Test Passed DVD DriveHL-DT-ST CDRWDVD MU N ATA DeviceSpindle Test Passed Hard DriveFUJITSU MHY BH ATA DeviceSMART Thresholds Test Passed Hard DriveFUJITSU MHY BH ATA DeviceSMART Status Test Passed Hard DriveFUJITSU MHY BH ATA DeviceTargeted Read Test Passed Hard DriveFUJITSU MHY BH ATA DeviceFunnel Seek Test Passed Hard DriveFUJITSU MHY BH ATA DeviceLinear Read Test Passed Hard DriveFUJITSU MHY BH ATA DeviceLinear Read Test Passed Hard DriveFUJITSU MHY BH ATA DeviceSMART Thresholds Test Passed Hard DriveFUJITSU MHY BH ATA DeviceRandom Seek Test Passed Hard DriveFUJITSU MHY BH ATA DeviceSMART Short Self Test Passed MemorySystem MemoryAddress Test Passed MemorySystem MemoryAdvanced Pattern Test Passed Video CardNVIDIA Quadro NVS MGPU Pipeline Data Test Passed Video CardNVIDIA Quadro NVS MPrimary Surface Test Passed Video CardNVIDIA Quadro NVS MFixed Transformation and Lighting Test Passed Powered By PC Doctor Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA Quadro NVS M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G N Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello i got a problem that just recently came it sounds on Gray stripes GPU screen - wierd and really annoys me so i got a Radeon HD black edition graphics card have had it for a while but now it has starteded crashing after i updateded my windows showing vertical gray stripes on the screen and im forced to restart after the update the temp GPU - Gray stripes on screen fell with degrees celcius as idle the crashes is random though never while playing a game ive tried never driver for my GPU - Gray stripes on screen card beta and i tried a earlier version tried alot thats why i write here anyone know what the problem might be specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB N Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI MSI X Pro-E MS- Antivirus BitDefender Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:GPU - Gray stripes on screen

I had a similar problem and found out I had bad ram.

Try this test - http://www.memtest86.com/

Left side of page is free download you put on bootable cd.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gpu-gray-stripes-on-screen.1071611/
Relevancy 53.75%

There are dark horizontal horizontal areas across our monitor. I can see the full picture just some areas are darker. We have bought a new monitor and and done all the adjusting. Still the darker areas. Is my hard drive dying? What do you think?

A:Gray areas across Screen

It would help if you can post the type of the monitor ..CRT vs LCD... And also if you had a chance to load windoze in SAFE mode and see if you have the same problem with the gray areas..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gray-areas-across-screen.169611/
Relevancy 53.75%

I got an Inspiron a month or so ago and it crashes at the weirdest times. very hard to track since it happens inconsistently. it doesn't appear to be a heat problem, it has happened booting from sleep mode and when it is cool to the touch

When it happens, the whole computer hangs, no sound when I'm playing music or anything. num/caps/scroll lock don't respond. I have to power it off and reboot to get back into vista.

I've attached a pic -- I hooked it up to my CRT when I snapped it, but it happens just the same when I'm on the laptop.

Has this happened to anyone? Anyone ever heard of it?

A:Gray Screen of Death!

so I contacted dell, they walked me through and I re-installed drivers for the ATI 1150 integrated video card.

I have reason to believe it's connected to USB somehow. it happened JUST now, as I plugged in my usb flash drive.

I also have a usb mouse and keyboard, maybe that contributed/caused to previous crashes...anyone ever hear of USB snafus in vista?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gray-screen-of-death.611478/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a compaq f700 laptop. When the laptop gets hot the LCD monitor goes gray. When I plug it into a monitor the computer is working fine but the screen stays gray. I need to find an inexpensive fix.

A:Compaq gray screen

Clean it out... probably has dust and lint in the cpu fan and elsewhere... remove the keyboard, and other parts will snap out, then use Dust Off or Clean Safe Dust Remover to clean all air channels.... Do NOT use a vacuum cleaner or other untreated air.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-gray-screen.143749/
Relevancy 53.75%

while running windows 98 when I click on my doc when I go to select a folder the screen locks up and goes gray,doesn't happen all the time,thanks for the help

Relevancy 53.75%

Every time i boot up my Gateway Laptop vista SP it stays on a gray screen I looked around the forums but never really found an answer I saw that boot screen on Gray up it can mean the quot death screen quot or other possibilities such as a defective RAM or video card I am currently deployed so i do not have access to any external display i can connect my laptop to see if its the video card but i do not Gray screen on boot up hear the laptop boot up at all Prior to the issue i had blue screen crashes related to a defective network driver so i did a full system restore A day everything i wiped everything the gray screen occurred Like I said i am out of the country so i have no access to any good hardware i can swap my laptops parts to diagnose a certain part I made sure all the parts are secured though Is there any tricks or tips I can do to find out the issue The laptop is only hitting years old so it possible that it has died nbsp

A:Gray screen on boot up

The following assumes you have access to another computer where you can do downloads and burn a few CDs:

Determine the manufacturer of your hard disk, visit their site, download their testing utility. Get the one that runs from a bootable CD. Configure your laptop's boot order in the BIOS to seek boot files on the CD before the hard disk. Run the extended test.

Download MemTest86, burn it to a CD and run a memory test.

If those tests produce no indication of the cause, you might try running CHKDSK C: /R from a bootable live OS such as Ultimate Boot Disk. The first two are small downloads; but, this one is kind of a biggie.

Get back here with your result.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gray-screen-on-boot-up.1000615/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a HP 9000 pavilion I believe running on Vista (might be XP) was my mothers. I get a gray sceen at start up... thats it. I manage to ply with it some and got a automatic start up repair to start ,but then it said it could not fix itself and listed maybe 5-8 error codes then went back to grey screen. There is no icon or start button. Any ideas?
Thank-you

A:gray screen at start up

hello,

have you tried safe mode, to see if anything happens?, start tapping the f8 key after you hit the power button..

try and find out if its vista or xp, as I know NOTHING about xp....

either way though, what happens (if anything) if you press the windows logo key ?(while on the grey screen)

good luck , lets see what happens..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/gray-screen-at-start-up-534422.html
Relevancy 53.75%

First of all sorry for my englishNow from bootup to login screen it works just fineThan this is where it startedAfter i login , the welcome loading thing freeze than a gray screen came up with a cursor and i cant do nothing about it i already tried a hard reset but no luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Gray-screen-upon-login/td-p/5812035
Relevancy 53.75%

Help. After changing the settings higher on my dell monitor and re-booting all I can see is a gray screen. No text, no icons, nothing. I can't get into windows to change the settings back. I am guessing my monitor cannot display the new settings (its a cheap one) but how to I reset to the default? Thx.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-has-gray-screen-only.116968/
Relevancy 53.32%

It used to be only when I played CSS, but I was just on youtube.com today and went the bathroom, came back, and it was frozen. When it's frozen its a gray screen, I cant press crtl alt delete, i have to hold the power button down for about 10 seconds. I tried to clean out my vent because someone said the video card may be overheating? yeah... cant get the back of my laptop off to do that... Anyways, any help please?
Oh and I remember this started happening about the time i installed google chrome if that has anything to do with this.. prob not but its a try lol..
kk please and thankyou.

A:Computer keeps freezing to gray screen

I'm going to close this thread as you have another one identical in the correct forum already. It'll only confuse replies otherwise.

For anyone reading this, the post you can read and reply to is here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic164467.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-keeps-freezing-to-gray-screen.164466/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, I choose my own lock screen image in .bpm format (simple Welcome! text on white background, not transparent) but it's getting gray. How to fix it? I want pure white lock screen.

A:Lock screen image is getting gray.

Probably because it is a .bmp image, try using or converting your image to .png

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/44399-lock-screen-image-getting-gray.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Day as usual with Windows modern apps, calculator won't start, gets stuck in here:

It probably starts working if I restart, or kill some random modern processes (this fixes so many problems, my start menu if it gets stuck, starts working if I kill some modern processes in randomly), but this is really really frustrating.

I personally suspect these modern app problems are to do with C# exception handling, it does not enforce (by design) to catch all exceptions and it has lead to deteriorating of C# apps, some programs are generous to show us the exception but modern apps isn't showing those.

Edit I killed a "Search" process and calculator began to work.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/41341-calculator-gives-gray-screen-wont-start.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Unfortunately had to pawn my new Acer laptop  and when I picked it up went home plugged in to charge and tried to turn on I could only get power by closing and reopening the screen and only get a gray screen. Can not get f8 or f12 keys to work USB recovery stick flashes when inserted but does nothing else. I called the pawn shop which of course blamed me and laughed at and belittled me. I am angry and heartbroken. I can usually get all my crap pc's up and running when they won't boot but have never had this kind of problem. I am just lost. Any ideas??

A:Acer laptop win 8.1 gray screen

Got it all fixed!! This one is going to make us look stupider than we are!!!! First off do not leave them on their charge for more than 4 hours when not in use, it causes a static lock on the motherboard from overcharging. The solution is to stick a paper clip into the tiny reset hole on the bottom center right above a screw hole, this bleeds the static off allowing electricity to flow again. Then plug charger back in and push power. Remove the power cord after it boots as the battery should still be charged.  I barely found it with a magnifying glass after being told exactly where it was!!! And I did look all over it for one before I even posted this and could not find it!! I have had several pc's in the past and some phones that would not start because of static electricty and I would unplug all cables remove batteries and let the sit for a while, hook it all back up ad they worked. Any way make sure all cables of any kind are disconnected from laptop before reseting. Thanks to every one for your time and advice I really do appreciate it!!!! I am so happy now. All that stress over something so easy to fix!!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593947/acer-laptop-win-81-gray-screen/
Relevancy 53.32%

My ASUS U52 laptop was having issues, so I reinstalled windows from the recovery CDs. (I have done this before with them). When everything was finished, it tried to start by saying ASUS, loading files, starting windows, then a gray screen shows up, and a dos screen that pops up, then goes away, and all I have is a gray screen.
I tried to start in safe mode, I get the safe mode wording at the four corners of the screen, but that's it.
Tried to start with other options, but nothing...
Will add, the cursor works on the screen.
Any ideas I can try?
Thanks

A:Reinstalled windows 7 and get gray screen

Factory preinstalled Win7 is an inferior install, which is why most tech enthusiasts will not use it but instead choose to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. Everything needed to get a perfect install is in the link.

If you prefer the factory bloatware, try wiping the HD first using Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command, but you'll need the booted installer to run the command so you might as well do the reinstall and have a much better install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/305881-reinstalled-windows-7-get-gray-screen.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Why do I have gray shadows whereever there is text or anything on my screen?...A gray shadow line will even follow my pointer...what to do?

Relevancy 53.32%

Any time I launch a game, such as Rainbow Six or Doom, etc., the application begins to load and then the screen goes completely gray. My only option at this point is a hard power off.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks.

Relevancy 53.32%

I have my daughter's Dell Inspiron 1520 with XP and she's managed to catch something nasty. The machine will boot.. but there is a transparent gray box in the lower right corner of the screen, it covers about a quarter of the screen and there is writing in a strange language.. it looks arabic or something. The icons are on the desktop but the task manager has been disabled and it will not connect to the internet either. It has Trend Micro Client Server Security, which I ran and it found nothing. I'm running malwarebytes right now but am relatively certain it isn't going to find anything either. I've tried booting into safe mode and when i do that, the transparent gray box covers the entire screen, which doesn't allow me to click on anything. Does anyone have a fix??? How am I supposed to download anything when it won't connect??? HELP!!

A:Gray box with gobbledy-gook on my screen

Hello. Please post the Malwarebytes log when done.If you cannot use the Internet,you will need access to another computer that has a connection.From there save http://downloads.superantispyware.com/downloads/SAS_FREE.EXE to a flash,usb,jump drive or CD. Now transfer it to the infected machine, then install and run the program. If you cannot transfer to or install on the infected machine, try running the setup (installation) file directly from the flash drive or CD by double-clicking on http://downloads.superantispyware.com/downloads/SAS_FREE.EXE so it will install on the hard drive.Here are the full instructions for running SAS,Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.Do not run a scan just yet.Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267512/gray-box-with-gobbledy-gook-on-my-screen/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone first off thank you for your time and patience Now to summarize When I run my computer on battery it randomly decides to quot freeze quot and show a completely blue or gray screen No error messages no warnings no interval no specific programs it simply happens It happened last night as I worked gray Unexpected and screen- blue on an assignment for college and luckily Unexpected gray and blue screen- I was able to quot bypass quot the problem by putting my computer on standby I just have to physically hit the Power button to put it on standby and so I turn it back on from standby and everything seems to work perfectly Unfortunately the problem happened again actually it s happened twice tonight So everything is not perfect as I had hoped it would be ANyone have any thoughts on this -- It s a really weird problem Ps This blue screen IS NOT the windows error blue screen which is common to Windows crashing It is a different shade of blue and it shows NO error messages whatsoever No memory dump no fatal error nothing It s as if I had quot painted quot over my desktop blue or gray Thank you for your time and paitence ANy help and or suggestions are greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Unexpected gray and blue screen-

Does this happen while you are actively using your computer or when it is idle for 5+ minutes?

What computer do you have? manufacturer and model

have you tried disabling any powersaving features? (ie if you have an itel based PC, sometime they have a laptop mode, presentation mode, AC mode, etc.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unexpected-gray-and-blue-screen.732647/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,
Yesterday I was playing Crysis on pretty high graphics settings. It was playing fine, but all of the sudden my screen went completely gray! I turned on my speakers and the sound was skipping. My computer had completely stopped responding. So I pressed the reset button and an even weirder thing happened. When the bios screen was suppose to come up, it was still gray! The motherboard's system beep made some weird noises, beeping more than once. I had to completely cut the power, so I pressed the power button and my computer booted up normally.

So, I'm guessing that my graphics card got to hot while I was playing? Or was it something else?

EDIT: The graphics card I am using is an MSI GeForce GTX 260

A:Gray screen of death in Crysis?

get "speedfan" and monitor the temp of your gtx to see if it's a heat or driver problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gray-screen-of-death-in-crysis.840933/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I just built my self a new computer and when I see gray shades or when I am in a dark area in a game I see my screen almost make lines where the gray shades are and this is the only thing that is wrong with my computer. Here is a video you can not see it as well because for some reasson it gets rid of most of the flickering when its in video form but when I can actually see it in real time it is flickering very badly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_WZ0aGpywU

Relevancy 53.32%

OS - Vista Windows win ultimate x -bit or x x What was original installed OS on system xp media center Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on screen gray Java BSOD(sometimes) by followed system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer retail Age of system hardware years on motherboard and memory for hard disk and about months for video card Age of OS installation - have Java gray screen followed by BSOD(sometimes) you re-installed the OS yes i did about months ago CPUAMD athlon x dual core proccessor ghz gb or ram- ran in Java gray screen followed by BSOD(sometimes) dual channel Video Card- HIS Radeon HD IceQ Graphics gb of ddr MotherBoard-MSI K MM-V AM VIA K M Micro ATX AMD Motherboard Power Supply - Antec Basiq BP W ATX V v Power Supply System Manufacturer none Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom none every time i would play a java-based game my computer would crash needing a restart and once in a while i would also get a BSOD to come with it i have a feeling that the BSOD would tell me whats wrong but i cannot find the error report like i have in the past when i run system health report it errors LAWL but i successfully ran the BSOD file collection app

A:Java gray screen followed by BSOD(sometimes)

if you could help either the crashes or the system health report error it would be appreciated.

EDIT: updated video card driver YESTURDAY, didnt help. and i already tried rolling back the driver. so its not that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/java-gray-screen-followed-by-bsod-sometimes-596506.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor LE- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard middle Gray screen in of box volume eMachines MCP PM-GM Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled I see that others have had the gray volume box in the middle of their screen however the solution has been closed Seems that their volume boxes pop up at will but when mine first appeared it lasted non-stop for days None of the suggestions from quot Microsoft Answers quot had any effect on the box I tried many Gray volume box in middle of screen other quot solutions quot to no avail In desperation I used F key to get to quot Repair Computer quot clicked on quot Memory Diagnostics quot amp box went away for several days Then it returned intermittently Tried using the quot Repair Gray volume box in middle of screen Computer quot again but it didn t work this time Box continues to pop up exit pop up etc If you could help me get rid of this box for good I would certainly appreciate it Jackie Allen nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gray-volume-box-in-middle-of-screen.1066561/
Relevancy 52.89%

Over the past Screen Shut / Restart Down Gray Random few weeks this has happened to me a few times My computer has randomly gone to a gray somewhat striped screen and shut down and restarted for no reason I wasn't doing anything out of ordinary and was hardly using any programs My computer is barely over months old and otherwise works fine After restart I get a quot Windows recovered from an unexpected shut down quot type message with the following information Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional Gray Screen Random Shut Down / Restart information about the problem BCCode a BCP FFFFFA C E BCP BCP BCP FFFFF FF A OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users StealthJedi AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Knowing Windows I'm assuming I'm not the only one who's had this happen I present my hopes to the experts on this board

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/383744-gray-screen-random-shut-down-restart.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I run Vipre updated daily Windows Security Essentials box of flashing death gray with screen Black and MalwareBytes monthly in an attempt to keep my system clean My Windows Update is current Recently my Black screen of death with flashing gray box local networking has slowed at random times and at times locked my system forcing a hard reboot I checked the network troubleshooter and no problems were reported I also checked for updated drives None Today I got a black box on the screen while I was downloading some software from SourceForge and it wouldn't go away It had a small gray flashing box cursor near the top left - almost like it was running a giant shell script across my whole screen - but it didn't look like the standard Windows command window This black box flashed at me a few times and so I immediately tried to get out of it - thinking I got some bad software that Vipre missed I got back to my desktop and noticed this black box was still running down in the running applications bar I right-clicked it to close it and it closed Later today when installing net I got the same thing black box flashing dozens of times until the install of net finished I really thought it would bring my system down it was flashing so fast black box then desktop on and on So I just ran a quick scan of MalwareBytes as administrator and no sign of anything hinky Vipre shows nothing in quarantine and no recent events So I'm wondering given the network problems and now oddness with the black flashing screen if I don't have a motherboard on the way out or something ugly invading my system Anyway I was hoping you would give me some peace and help me to figure out what's going on - if I have some stealthy malware or my PC is on the fritz Thanks for all you do Look forward to hearing from you

A:Black screen of death with flashing gray box

Could you post a screen shot so whe can investigate further?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508355/black-screen-of-death-with-flashing-gray-box/
Relevancy 52.89%

In short, I was receiving various problems after my PC crashed while updating nvidia drivers and now and I had to reinstall windows 10 but now it is still not working. Once the windows logo appears, a gray loading screen starts to load endlessly. I am able to use Ctrl Alt Delete and it shows what seems to be the sign in screen but it only gives me the options Connect to Internet and Ease of Access.
Any help would be much appreciated.
For more info:
Original thread http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id...ia-update.html

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/35465-windows-10-gray-loading-screen-after-reinstall.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi iv been dealing with this issue for a month now. randomly it happenes that i cant open programs nothing is coming up and then when i restart it gets stuck on gray screen before login. tried restarting it multiple times but doesnt seem to work. but if i wait around 10 hours to start it works. would appreciate some help

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/gray-startup-screen-windows-10-64bit-4605534/
Relevancy 52.89%

Computer info The computer is an HP Pavilion ze laptop Question How do I stop my computer from turning off randomly or stop it from not turning on at all Or what hardware could be causing the problem Symptoms When I press the power button the display will turn all gray and then it powers off a second after pressing the button A couple days ago I was able to turn it on and when I could it would randomly power off while I m using it without warning Figured this power screen to trying Gray off Randomly turns on, out so far So far I can guess it s a problem with a loose hardware because if I hold it a certain way it won t turn on until maybe if I hold it a different way upside down tilted to the side etc Or if it s Gray screen trying to power on, Randomly turns off already on and I leave it sitting for a while it stays on until I pick it up Thanks for reading this and many thanks if you have a solution nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

so i just finished a custom build
-sonata III case atx 500 wat pwr
-p43 neo 3 mobo 24 pin
-1 tB HD
-2 gig DDR2 (1066)
-core 2 duo (7200)
-e-ge force 8400 vid card
-optical drive
and
a floppy disk drive

now on to the question

so i hooked up everything right on the main board
-polarities are good
-right spots...check
-both power supplies (24 pin jpwr and 4 pin jpwr2)

but when i go to pwr it up everything starts up, all fans run, and all drives spin, but the monitor is at a gray/black screen...and flashes 1/2 gray 1/2 black....

oh and i know that we are not allowed to talk about hacking but i wanted to go into "white hat" hacking as a profession...cause i really get code...just not hardware...at the moment.

any course suggestions out there? (still in High school...but not for long)
thanks so much hope some of this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-gray-screen-on-monitor-and-it-flashes-but-thats-it.761846/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello, I've installed a nvidia geforce 8800 gt. When I boot in to safe mode. The computer boots fine, But when I go in to device manager, The graphics card isn't displayed, When I boot in to windows mode there is just a gray screen, No cursor. The mouse lights up and so does the keyboard.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/19/2012, 23:32:53
Machine name: ELISHA-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: M68MT-D3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3326MB RAM
Page File: 1147MB used, 4067MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

A:Gray screen, After installing graphics card.

The "missing" graphics card in Safe Mode (Device Manager) is quite normal. In Safe Mode, Windows does not load any third-party device drivers which means the associated devices won't be listed in Device Manager (since in most cases the driver is where Windows gets the device information from).

The on-board graphics adapter (if there is one) is usually disabled automatically when a third-party graphics card is installed. This prevents resource-conflicts and odd behaviour. However, It's just possible that your on-board adapter is still enabled, causing the problems you describe. Go into the BIOS Setup and disable it if it isn't already disabled. Don't forget to save any changes you make to the BIOS settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gray-screen-after-installing-graphics-card.1041869/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I added a second hard drive to my computer and on restart I saw only a gray screen full of dollar signs with fluctuating intensity of brightness. I removed the second hard drive and and still get the same result. Could that be a bad graphics controller? If a graphics controller is faulty wouldn't the computer still boot into Windows?

My computer is a Dell Optiplex GX280 with XP.

Relevancy 52.89%

I have a sony vaio pcg-k115b, and it works fine 99% of the time, but sometimes it crashes quite spectacularly. The screen freezes for a moment and then streaks downwards, and then fades slowly to a white/light gray with dim spots. As far as i can tell, there is no softwae that causes it, it just happens. Has anyone got any ideas about this and maybe how to sort it out?

Thanks in advance

Jules

A:Sony Vaio Crashes to a Gray Screen

JJ,

This is absolutely positutely the strangest thing I have heard in I don't know how long! I've got no clue....at least I'm honest

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-crashes-to-a-gray-screen.321533/
Relevancy 52.89%

I installed Windows on my friends computer last week and so far we haven t got it to work The bios loads fine then it just shows a gray screen with a multitude of different symbols and characters which disappears after about seconds and the screen just stays black after that When installing Windows since his computer is Compaq it had a recovery partition I thought it would have been useless with Windows so I deleted it Also in order to get Windows to work he had to go and buy another gb ram card and a dvd-rw drive because he only had a cd drive While typing this post I was 7 with Symbols Not Screen Instead Gray Loading, Windows going through the setup utility on his computer to get the specs and I noticed that his primary video adapter is PCI with mb of memory Would that be the culprit Aside from that his computer is equivalent to mine pretty much and I am running Windows no problem so I thought it would work Never thought of checking his video card nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Power cord accidentally disconnected while laptop was on. Now when I try to power on, it starts as usual. Fan comes on, lights come on, then screen goes gray and fan shuts off. I have tried the remove battery, hold down power button, etc...with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

A:power cut to laptop, now will not boot - Gray screen

Hello @raistfasa, Thank you for posting on the HP Forums! I have read your post and understand that your HP Pavilion dv4 notebook is not booting correctly. I want to help you resolve this issue.  Are there any blinking lights on the Capslock or Numlock keys?Is there a light on near where the AC adapter plugs into the notebook?Was the computer doing any updates when it lost power? First, please perform a hard reset. Once that is complete, please follow these troubleshooting documents: HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)HP Notebook PCs - Using and Testing the AC Power AdapterHP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a ChargeHP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10) For specific information, please provide the product number and Operating System.Finding Your HP Product Number I look forward to your reply! If this information is helpful, click the thumbs up!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/power-cut-to-laptop-now-will-not-boot-Gray-screen/td-p/5602094
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi guys

I have tried looking many different websites but no luck so far.

What im trying to do is getting my recycling bin back, and to do so i need to view the personalize screen when i right click on my desktop > personalize. After this all i can see in the window is plain gray screen:

I have also tried the usual control panel > personalize but same result.

Please, any help will be appreciated!

A:Desktop right click > personalise > gray screen for me! O.o

No one knows?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/desktop-right-click-personalise-gray-screen-for-me-o-o-444941.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Win 7

There was a quick power outage and the computer was forced off. I rebooted and now after the windows logo there is a gray screen that remains a very long period of time before the desktop appears. I am able to move the mouse but that is the only functionality I have.

Any ideas? Is a re-install nessesary?

A:Power Outage - Then gray screen on boot?

Try a Repair install. Look at the tutorials for it. Startup Repair.

That power outage may of also been a Power surge when it came back on. You really need to get a UPS (Battery Backup system).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/268536-power-outage-then-gray-screen-boot.html
Relevancy 52.46%

As stated in the title Gray to Screen Screen tearing I've just recently started to Screen tearing to Gray Screen have a problem Screen tearing to Gray Screen where my year old ASUS laptop randomly starts to get screen tearing across the bottom of my monitor then the screen locks up and proceeds to become gray streaked with color This is the gray screen I haven't taken a picture of the tearing yet but it seems pretty classic Everything streaks The odd part is it will work for a long stretch of time particularly when there is low demand on the system but randomly break up again After the scree goes like this sometimes a simply shut and open of the screen will bring it back while other times a full reboot is needed to unlock the screen I ran a registry cleaner and Malwarebytes to make sure things aren't messing up on the software side defraging at some point tonight see if it lasts long enough to finish the operation Now my only worry is that it's some sort of hardware problem my recently expired year warranty won't cover I popped open the hood to check on my RAM but it all seems to be in place and I am am extremely reluctant to dig around the case myself If the dxdiag would help I would be more than willing to provide it but in simpler detail its an i ghz gb ram and a Geforce GT M paired with some crap onboard Intel graphics processor If anyone has certainty about what this issue might be I would be more than grateful to hear it

A:Screen tearing to Gray Screen

Hello Lokiusus and welcoem to TSF,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lokiusus

This is the gray screen, I haven't taken a picture of the tearing yet...but it seems pretty classic. Everything streaks.

I am assuming the photo you have provided is one you found that is similar to your own issue?

I would like you to do two things for me if possible...
Connect your laptop to an external monitor or HDTV and, when the issue occurs, report wether or not the issue replicates itself on the external display.
When the issue occurs, open the laptop's lid to its furthest open position and slowly close it until just before the screen goes off... Does the image change, flicker or correct itself?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-tearing-to-gray-screen-673011.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Snipping tool was workign fine and some updated on windows 10 broke it, I am getting gray screen when I try to use. very frustrating. All support forum searches are leading to windows vista.  Can any one advice please. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e92a3432-795c-4233-81e0-c70b9f9d8c3f/sinpping-tool-shows-gray-screen-on-windows-10?forum=itprovistaapps
Relevancy 52.03%

My Sony laptop suddenly won't boot; it seems Ok and then when the screen would normally color up it goes gray to black. I am able to get to safe mode, but can't figure this one out. Could this be failing memory?

A:Can't complete boot into Windows 2000 Pro- screen goes gray

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Take a look at this thread www.techspot.com/vb/topic8356.html

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-complete-boot-into-windows-2000-pro-screen-goes-gray.17598/
Relevancy 52.03%

This morning my laptop seemed to be working fine I was on it for about half an hour but once I got home and waited a few hours before using it I went to turn it on and all it displays is a gray screen This gray screen is smooth at first but slowly deteriorates nbsp to a display such as this nbsp Laptop Display Example nbsp nbsp I really can't Appears HP b01... Turning ( Frozen After Gray On Laptop, Screen do Gray Screen Appears After Turning On Laptop, Frozen ( HP b01... anything else because this screen appears right after startup and blocks me from using it any other way If you nbsp look close to the deterioated screen you can see tiny dots of different color Buttons such as the wifi button brightness levels and the Gray Screen Appears After Turning On Laptop, Frozen ( HP b01... capslock still function The screen will brighten or darken and the lights on the other two keys turn on and off normally when clicked nbsp nbsp This upsets me because I have only had this laptop for about two years the warranty is finished and I've had so many issues with this laptop from the software to problems with Windows I didn't do anything to damage the screen and no one comes into my room who could have damaged it nbsp nbsp Also I have tried removing the battery and removing the charger which it can't run more than minutes without and letting it cool down but when I turn the laptop back on I recieve the same response My laptop is an HP b nr at least that's what it says after 'model' on the bottom of my laptop Bear with me I'm not much of a computer person nbsp

A:Gray Screen Appears After Turning On Laptop, Frozen ( HP b01...

Hi @Tiffazure  Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see your wonderful display and can imagine how helpful it isn't. Hopefully, I can help get you past that. The screen may not be black, but much of this could still help.Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or BootHere are some other sources I found for you to check out.Resolving Problems with Notebook Displays (Windows 7 and Windows 8)Diagnosing a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) for DamageAnother idea, would be to try a system recovery, and just fix or reinstall the drivers and see if that helps. A full system recovery would result in data loss, so that is a last resort.Check this page out but as I said, just try the driver refresh, and see if that helps. Of course that also assumes that you can see the display to do it.Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)Let me know if you have any success, and if not tell me what happens and I can try to find something else that could help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Gray-Screen-Appears-After-Turning-On-Laptop-Frozen-HP-b011nr/td-p/4755777
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, my name is Alexander. I am new here.

I just decided to turn on my laptop to play Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight. First I pressed the power button to turn on the laptop and it blinked, the battery light also blinked. As I remember the battery was charged, so I decided to turn it on again. After pressing the button, the COMPAQ boot screen appeared but suddenly all the screen gone gray for some unknown reason. I pressed and held the power button for 10 seconds but nothing happened. Then I removed the battery but the laptop didn't turned off. Now, I leaved the laptop for 3 hours and it didn't shut down.

Last night it worked fine. I was playing Microsoft Flight Simulator 98 and listening to some Guns 'n' Roses songs.

Specs (Sorry, I forgot the laptop model):
RAM: 2GB.
Graphics card: Mobile Intel 4 Series Chipset.
Processor: 2GHz.
HD: 137GB.

A:COMPAQ Presario screen turned gray and I can't turn it off.

Hold the power button for 15 seconds or until the computer shuts off. Let it set for a few minutes. Put the battery in and make sure you are using the power adapter too. Start the computer. If it won't boot normally press the F8 key repeatedly until you can boot into Safe Mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/compaq-presario-screen-turned-gray-and-i-cant-turn-it-off-431568.html
Relevancy 52.03%

While running SpinRite after about 60% of the scan it showed the "empty sector"
for the rest of the scan. When I turn it on, even booting into safe mode, I see the logo then the gray screen. I know the video is OK because when I boot from USB drive it displays everything fine.

Because it had this problem is why I ran SpinRite.

Dell Laptop Inspiron 1525 XP SP3 2 GB ram. Recently cleaned viruses from this machine using TDSS Killer.

Trying Alt F11 at startup didn't work.

Any advice appreciated.

A:Computer shows Dell logo then gray screen

and welcome to the Forum

The drive may be failing . . Try a different diagnostic on the hard drive by downloading the diagnostic tool for the hard drive brand and making a bootable disc.

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

See this for how to make a bootable cd:

How to Burn a Bootable ISO File

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-shows-dell-logo-then-gray-screen-624228.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Background Windows XP computer had some issues starting up a few weeks ago No new software or hardware and I don t think I even installed any recent MS updates I tried Computer rebooted be screen, displays gray must weird to troubleshoot it a bit just didn t really have the time It either hung during the windows boot screen or said it couldn t find the hard disk Yesterday computer turns on fine with mouse keyboard monitor I have nics and Computer displays weird gray screen, must be rebooted I had it connected to the wrong one As soon as I connected it to Computer displays weird gray screen, must be rebooted the correct one the monitor displayed a fuzzy gray pixelly screen It looks like one of those Computer displays weird gray screen, must be rebooted hidden picture things I have to manually shut down the PC and restart it Everything was working fine until I tried connecting my printer through the parallel port Same thing I have run multiple anti-virus spyware scans which came up clean still considering this a possibility Has anyone come across anything like this My gut says hardware problem probably the motherboard nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-displays-weird-gray-screen-must-be-rebooted.883512/
Relevancy 52.03%

Dell Vostro A Celeron ghz gb RAM Windows Vista Home Basic As soon as I install the battery the screen with flash gray very quickly then be black for about a second then will display a gray screen lighter gray to the right and darker to the left sometimes it flickers a good bit This is before I press any buttons to try to start the computer And once the screen is gray the computer will not respond to the on off button computer will not start It makes no difference if the power A860 screen Vostro *before* Gray Dell - boot cord is plugged in or not If I remove the battery and insert the power cord the screen will also flash gray very quickly the battery light will be lit for about second and then the screen will go gray same as before And as before computer will not start No fans run nothing but a gray screen But I found out if I hit the power button after that first flash and while the screen is black the computer will start like normal I m writing this from the computer If I shut down Gray screen *before* boot - Dell Vostro A860 the computer as soon as it is shut down fans are off the gray screen returns and the computer is no longer responsive While the computer is running the display seems fine no troubles It s a slow old computer but seems to work fine otherwise I think someone replaced the display a couple months ago along with the keyboard and DVD drive The charger AC adapter was replaced about a week ago with a chinese cheapo Any chance that charger could have done something internal Right Gray screen *before* boot - Dell Vostro A860 now I am using a genuine Dell AC adapter and all of the above are happening with this Dell charger also While the computer is running it seems like the battery is charging but I m pretty sure it does not charge otherwise Anybody have an idea what the problem could be Thanks Eric nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gray-screen-before-boot-dell-vostro-a860.1066752/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey im new to these forums and you can tell I dont know much about computers but i with access can a gray with screen programs Infected virus and know enough So i was infected with i think several viruses or malware whatever the crap is and im able to log on to my user name running windows xp but i have a gray screen No icons are on the desktop start up bar is below the screen so i cant access it Ive tried to get onto safe mode and it gives me a blue screen error says something about the hard drive I am able to get the icons to show and i Infected with a virus with gray screen and can access programs can go into quot my computer quot I have this quot secrurity tools quot malware and some quot windows system defender quot Everytime something pops up it makes a loud bleeping noise and quot security tools quot pops up and say i have infected files Everytime i try to access internet explorer it just disappears and i can pull mozilla fox up but quot security tools quot blocks me from the internet So if someone can give me advice to fix my computer or to help you out to see whats wrong please do Ask me whatever you want and ill try to process it or do something Thanks to all

A:Infected with a virus with gray screen and can access programs

Please help me!
Ill check up on it later.

If you have any advice please reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266820/infected-with-a-virus-with-gray-screen-and-can-access-programs/
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm using Windows XP and every time I reboot and use Windows Explorer it will open Windows Explorer, but any selection I make will shrink the Windows Explorer screen and open a blank gray screen! It also adds just a folder to my task bar (untitled) as well as the actual Windows Explorer icon. This will go on until I close Windows Explorer and start up another one, but I have to do this 3 or 4 times until it finally stops opening the gray screen.

A:Windows Explorer XP opens blank gray screen

I can only give a suggestion about this, because I have never heard of this particular problem before.

The next time you open up explorer, don't try and open up anything. Instead go to Tools -- Folder Options and have it open each folder in the same window.

It sounds like it is set to open a second instance of explorer when you click on a folder and then is hanging.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-xp-opens-blank-gray-screen.75278/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,

I have search for my problem but no luck. I don't really know that much about computers and this is getting frustrating.

It all started about 2 months ago when i got the BSOD 0x00000124 ... i used to get it only once week. 5 days ago i decided to format my PC factory new and i thought i was gonna get rid of it that way.... but i don't what whent wrong and since the day i formated my PC a get it everytime i turn my computer on...i use it for about 20 to 30 minutes and then the BSOD appears and sometimes a GRAY freeze screen (right now i get the gray screen more often than the BSOD screen). Like i said i don't know crap about computers and don't know whats going on. Please help

Here is photo i took of the Gray screen.

My Pc:

HP Pavillion Slimline s5310y PC

A:BSOD Randomly 0x00000124 & Gray Freeze Screen

PimpTrooper
Re your BSoD's....

> We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:

*Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl Press Enter.
*Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery - Settings... button.
*Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
*Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kb) in the drop down box (the 256kb varies).
*Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
*OK.
Reboot if changes have been made.

> In the interim please refer to....
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/192752-bsod-randomly-0x00000124-gray-freeze-screen.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey all A few months ago I got an old mhz dell latitude model PMP just to be able to program pi micro-controllers at school So I didn t need much power or a cd or floppy drive or any thing special so I just got this little striped down one on ebay I got all the gray total Latitude screen Dell to boots software and drivers I needed to program and It was working great but since it was old the battery would only hold a charge for an hour or so and shut it self off One day me and my friend decided to just turn it back on impatiently after it shut off and it came on and stayed on for an hour or so Dell Latitude boots to total gray screen I thought this was great and I could just do this all the time but of course after a hour or so it just died from loss of power Any way when I plugged it back in and turned it on it booted up to a completely grey screen and thats what it has done ever since Now when you turn it on it makes one short little click and brings up a grey screen no bios screen or password prompter once so ever and if you wait about a minute or so it beeps times and restarts and does the same thing over I tried cntl alt del cntl alt enter hitting the button that brings up the bios and even taking it apart and unplugging the cmos battery and nothing helps I realize that this thing is just a old piece of junk and I did something really stupid but I would still like to get it working again mostly out of curiosity Like resetting the bios or something Any help is Much Appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Dell Latitude boots to total gray screen

This is a laptop right? Have you tried connecting and external monitor to see if it displays properly? Maybe the system RAM has died

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-boots-to-total-gray-screen.111433/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,
Latly I've porchesd Dell Inspiron 3520 with Windows 8 X64 and for a couple of weeks it's workd fine,but yestarday when I boot it up a constant gray screen was displayd until I restarted it forcely (long click on turn off  and turn on afterwards).
Since then,every time when I starting my laptop a gray sceen is display for a long few sec' and windows 8 starting afterwards.
what should I do in order to fix it?
Thanks,
momo22

A:Dell Inspiron 3520 gray screen on startup

hi momo22
as picture shows i'll do all the steps but when i reboot my system it will give an error that ""internal hard disk drive not found"" 
the error message shown in the picture

send me the appropriate answer to resolve this problem....... 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19487497
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everyone I'm at my wits end so hope someone can help I'm trying to do a Red - Restoring screen: C Gray 1117 Error Vista on recovery to Vista business on a new HD and always get the above error message at I had a HD failure S M A R T was tripped on the previous HD and got a replacement from Seagate Any ideas on how to fix this Machine is ASUS U S laptop ghz HD is Samsung M GB inch SATA II MB Cache RPM A few things lead to this error I think Previous HD failed and got a replacement from Seagate First recovery was fine and I started uninstalling Norton bloatware not realising Windows hadn't finished recovery it restarted Windows part way through Windows worked fine but I couldn't uninstall Norton anymore so decided to restore again That's when I got the error Obviously can't boot to Windows anymore I've tried formatting the new drive writing 's to each Restoring Vista - Red on Gray screen: Error C 1117 sector recovering Restoring Vista - Red on Gray screen: Error C 1117 to or partitions all with the same error Seagate tools shows HD is working fine and I can use it in an enclosure on a XP machine Can anyone help

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296472-restoring-vista-red-gray-screen-error-c-1117-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I am having a similar issue on my HP pavilion since the last few hours. If anybody found a solution to this, it would be really helpful. The screen has been grey all day with everything else working perfectly fine. Thanks

A:Re: Gray Screen Appears After Turning On Laptop, Frozen ( HP...

Hi there @Ayush14,  Welcome to the HP Support Community. I would be more than happy to help you! I read your post and I understand that you had replied to a previous thread called Gray Screen Appears After Turning On Laptop, Frozen ( HP b011nr ). There were many great steps and documents given by @Malygris1 on the previous post such as:  "The screen may not be black, but much of this could still help.Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or BootHere are some other sources I found for you to check out.Resolving Problems with Notebook Displays (Windows 7 and Windows 8)Diagnosing a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) for Damage ...Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)" Did you happen to try any of these steps? Have you connected the Notebook to an external monitor or TV? Please try this step first to see if the display on the external Monitor or TV is gray also.  Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues. Have you tried performing a hard reset?Did you receive any error messages?Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights? How long has this been happening for?Have you done a BIOS reset?When you press the power button, do you hear a fan spinning sound?Do you see any text on the screen?Are you able to do a Hardware Test? f you are able to get the Notebook to turn on using the steps above, this would be a great step for you to try. If not, that is understandable.   If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to help! Please just re-post with the information required from above. Please let me know the detailed results of the troubleshooting steps provided. Please do not forget to also include your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) and Which Windows Operating Systems you are running.  When we have come to a resolution, please share what worked for you with others by marking the appropriate post as an Accepted Solution. If you would like to show your appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below.  Thank you! Have a wonderful day! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Re-Gray-Screen-Appears-After-Turning-On-Laptop-Frozen-HP/td-p/5660333
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi peeps Stuck Help before Windows on 8.1 Gray Screen page login I need some help I've read a lot of posts and not found any for my issue Most are stuck with flickering cursor I don't know exactly what happened so I'll go Windows 8.1 Help Stuck on Gray Screen before login page through what I done leading up to the issue I processed a Windows update I used spybot to remove some spyware which it didn't work so I selected run - msconfig - Windows 8.1 Help Stuck on Gray Screen before login page boot options - safe mode So I could run a new scan on spybot So I rebooted and bios page loaded then the blue Windows icon with the round dotted circle the screen then goes black for seconds All that loads up is a grey screen with narrator options in the bottom left corner and the restart shutdown option in the bottom right corner I've tried all kinds and don't know what to do Its Windows professional I touchscreen all in one I've had it months I don't have the disc to hand the person I purchased it from does have it still Thanks in advance

A:Windows 8.1 Help Stuck on Gray Screen before login page

Anyone help with this? How can i do a recovery.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55858-windows-8-1-help-stuck-gray-screen-before-login-page.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My daughter's hp pavilion dv - cl entertainment notebook has begun to show a gray screen with horizontal lines at start up and after sleep opening the laptop cover This lasts for a few moments then her log in screen appears There is no sound when the screen appears and no mouse visible It does not happen every time the computer starts or wakes from sleep No new software installed nothing downloaded Microsoft Windows is updated What I have done already updated to latest Intel graphics driver hp diagnostics test on hard drive and memory via BIOS screen both passed Windows Defender Offline scan Microsoft Security screen gray sleep with or horizontal at wake up from start lines Essentials virus scan sfc scannow chkdsk r safe mode and restart quot windows repair quot after pressing f selective start up malwarebytes scan gray screen with horizontal lines at start up or wake from sleep Spybot Search amp Destroy scan uninstalled McAfee and installed Microsoft Security Essentials System restore to earlier time BIOS driver updated Haven't been able to tell if the problem happens in safe mode because it happens so intermittently Any thoughts are appreciated

A:gray screen with horizontal lines at start up or wake from sleep

I think it is a connection problem between the laptop monitor and the base--my daughter just showed me the display flickers when she moves the monitor. I've read about faulty or loose wiring between the monitor and the keyboard/base of the laptop.

I'll try to see if we can get this fixed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/308207-gray-screen-horizontal-lines-start-up-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I asked for a picture of a uverse box on the internet and the site I downloaded immediately started giving me problems I tried to cancel the installation but it would not and then it went wild installing stuff One I remember in particular PUP bubbles or some such I ran malwarebytes and it located things that it quarantined and deleted normal screen gray shut running mode; down with Virus After that I could not get on the internet and windows would open some things like documents but not other things things At first I could use the internet but things progressed until I could not I left it several Virus shut down normal mode; running with gray screen hours and when I returned I could not get any response from the computer but I could see a light blinking Somehow and I tried so much that I can't recall what I managed to get the computer to come on and got it to come up by Virus shut down normal mode; running with gray screen pressing f and have it in safe mode now Virus shut down normal mode; running with gray screen It still will not access internet and seems to be gone Does this sound like anything I might be after to restore I don't have a copy of windows to reinstall - though I do have a really old set of backup disks I once run Can anyone give me a clue as to what I have here and what I might do When I ran malwarebytes before it after the problem started after I wiped out the two thousand PUP things it showed nothing detected I just have the free version Edit Moved topic from Windows to the more appropriate forum Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589217/virus-shut-down-normal-mode;-running-with-gray-screen/
Relevancy 51.6%

Screen of the HP Spectre x360 4105dx has so much glare and it turns grayish even on a slight tilt. This actually hampers my reading appetite. Other laptops even cheaper ones doesn't have this irritating screen. Can you guys suggest me the solution ? Will Anti-glare screen or Anti-Reflective screen will be decent remedy or shall I return it to bestbuy ? Thanks !!

A:HP Spectre x360 screen lot of glare. On tilt it turns gray a...

Hello @Jagpreet1058?, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I understand that you are having an issue with the display, and wanted to assist you! Have you tried uninstalling the Graphics Driver, and allowing the system to search for a compatible driver?  Let me know how it goes,  Also, based on the following guide, here are all the supported display assembly replacements, for your product:HP Spectre x360 Convertible PC (model numbers 13-4000 through 4099 and 13-4100 through 4199) and HP ... (Chapter 5, Page 46). Display assembly: 13.3-in, ultra wide aspect ratio, TouchScreen (includes display panel cable, microphones, hinges, webcam, and wireless antenna cables and transceivers) 13.3-in, QHD, WLED, BrightView (25601440) UWVA, 2.55-mm in ash silver finish for use only on computers with model numbers 13-4100 through 13-4199 and equipped with an Intel Core i-7 5500U or Intel Core i-5 5200U processor 13.3-in, FHD, WLED, BrightView (19201080) UWVA, 2.55-mm in ash silver finish for use only on computers with model numbers 13-4100 through 13-4199 and equipped with an Intel Core i-7 5500U or Intel Core i-5 5200U processor 13.3-in, FHD, WLED, BrightView (25601440) UWVA, 2.55-mm in natural silver finish for use only on computers with model numbers 13-4100 through 13-4199 and equipped with an Intel Core i-7 6550U, Intel Core i-7 6500U, or Intel Core i-5 6200U processor 13.3-in, FHD, WLED, BrightView (19201080) UWVA, 2.55-mm in natural silver finish for use only on computers with model numbers 13-4100 through 13-4199 and equipped with an Intel Core i-7 6550U, Intel Core i-7 6500U, or Intel Core i-5 6200U processor Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-screen-lot-of-glare-On-tilt-it-turns-gray/td-p/5430610
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,     I uninstalled HP Protect Tools and all its parts in order to upgrade to Windows 10. It asked me to restart the computer and upon restarting, gray screen (appeared after HP logo) with "Login" label asked me for password for User ID = Administrator. I tried accessing BIOS etc. but it always requires password for User ID Administrator or BIOS admin. I do not have either of those.     This has never happened before and I cannot start my computer now.     I tried guessing the password, but after 3 times screen saying Authentication failed appears with "System locked. Press the power button to restart the system". Any help please? Thanks.

A:ProBook wont boot past the gray login screen

Dear Rekpet, Hi, My name is James. So to my understanding you are getting a grey screen upon starting up. Please could you attach a screenshot?  Many Thanks James 

I am a very busy person. PleasePlease click ?Accept as Solution" if I solve your Problem

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/ProBook-wont-boot-past-the-gray-login-screen/td-p/5698803
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

For some reason the bottom of my screen is gray... I thought I knew how to change it back to blue but it I guess I didn't... it's gray in color.
Also, my text appears on web pages seems to be a little smaller than previously.. I went to change it under display but unless I change it to 800x600 it's a bit small.

Your help is appreciated. Joe josh

A:Bottom Screen Gray color and text appears small

Hello, try: control panel > system > advanced tab > performance settings button > visual effects tab > select "let windows chose what's best for my computer". Should do it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bottom-screen-gray-color-and-text-appears-small.400187/
Relevancy 51.6%

I was working on a client's HP Touchscreen and needed to boot a flash drive to perform a virus scan It originally had Windows instaled but had been force-upgraded to Windows nbsp When I enabled Legacy Support it automagically disabled Secure Boot I set the UEFI boot order to USB OSD then HDD I set the Legacy boot order to USB OSD then HDD Saved and exited nbsp Laptop restarted and stopped dead nothing but a gray screen Fan runs but HDD is silent Nothing Legacy Screen boot Option Gray No BIOS & Yields on the screen not even a blinking cursor Power off pull battery disconnect AC drain the capacitors attach AC and boot Same result nbsp Power off on and tap ESC same result Repeat but tap F same result Connect external monitor no video Recover BIOS and boots Legacy BIOS Option Yields Gray Screen & No boot perfectly from HDD still no Legacy support nbsp Tried just disabling Secure Boot only but it automagically enabled Legacy and disabling Legacy automagically Legacy BIOS Option Yields Gray Screen & No boot enabled Secure Boot nbsp I've scoured the internet and this forum Saw one topic with exacly the same problem but with no resolution I no longer have the laptop so cannot give more info or do further tests nbsp Does anyone know why Legacy BIOS Option Yields Gray Screen & No boot enabling Legacy and disabling Secure Boot would cause this Need an answer 'cuz I'm pretty sure this is going to be a problem in the near-future Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Legacy-BIOS-Option-Yields-Gray-Screen-amp-No-boot/td-p/5592593
Relevancy 51.17%

I turned on my PlayStation about an hour ago and got an onscreen notification that it had not been shut down properly the time before While I ve gotten this message many times in the past the problem has always been solved within a matter of 3 PlayStation shutdown Solved: turned -- gray dark has screen problem minutes Unfortunately this time is different I don t recall what Solved: PlayStation 3 shutdown problem -- screen has turned dark gray I did after getting this message but for whatever reason the screen has turned dark gray -- not totally black but a very dark gray -- and it s been that way for more than minutes I know that in the past whenever I ve gotten the message that my PS has not been turned off properly the previous time the message further states that the unit will restart and fix any formatting errors which may take to hours or words to that effect I m wondering if the continuously gray screen I now have is an indication that any errors are being fixed and that it may take as long as or hours For what it s worth I never used the PS to play games -- only to look at JPEG discs or DVD s Blu-Rays I was attempting to watch a JPEG disc when this problem occurred Next I inserted a movie but it also wouldn t play The screen stayed dark gray On the front of the unit I see the blue and green lights are lit I don t know if there might be a simple fix or if on the other hand the problem could be quite serious Perhaps the errors are currently being fixed and the machine will resume normal operation shortly In the meantime I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who might be able to tell me what has happened Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: PlayStation 3 shutdown problem -- screen has turned dark gray

I'm happy to report that my problem has been solved.

After being gone for several hours I returned home and found that the screen was still dark gray, at which point I unplugged the PS3, then plugged it back in a few minutes later. Immediately I got the following onscreen message:

The file system on the system is corrupted and will be restored. Press the PlayStation button to use the controller.

I then followed instructions and my system was soon up and running once again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-playstation-3-shutdown-problem-screen-has-turned-dark-gray.1102476/
Relevancy 50.31%

I had my Asus laptop for a while now then I restarted it but stay on the windows 10 but now it loads on ASUS IN SEARCH OF INCREDIBLE then turns black then shuts off then turns on and does the same thing until I turn it off but when I turn it back on it does the same thing somebody help me also my battery is built in so I can't take it out

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3134938/hard-asus-laptop-loading-asus-search-incredible-black-screen-shuts.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Greetings,

My almost 3 year old Asus X52 F3SV Notebook suddenly froze and shut itself down today. It will not boot past the 'Asus' logo screen. The furthest it got was 'loading windows', but quickly rebooted once that screen showed up.
It has been running quite hot lately, but i cleaned the fan out last weekend, and it had been running without problem since then.
I'm running Windows Vista Premium, with no other real problems until now, with up to date windows updates and regular Spybot and anti-virus scans.
There were random multicoloured lines running through the Asus screen on the first reboot after freezing. Could it be my graphics card? (Nvidia 8600m). I did not hear any crackling/popping sounds, so I really hope it's not dead yet.
I've looked around these forums, but couldn't find a similar problem/solution.

Thank you.

A:Asus x52 F3SV notebook not booting past Asus screen

Try running Bios defaults

This settings area can be called:
Bios Setup
CMOS Settings
System Setup
even just Setup
You can enter it by pressing the keyboard key that is displayed on your screen when first turning on your computer
Its sometimes:
A Fn Button like F1, or F2, or F10 or some other Fn key
DEL key
(whatever the computer states on screen when you first turn on your computer)
Once in Bios Setup, locate Setup Defaults (sometimes called Optimized Defaults)
Apply it, then Save and Exit Bios Settings (which is usually F10, but it will tell you in the Bios Settings screen)

If that doesn't help try reming and re-seating your Ram cards (even your hard drive)
You can download your Manual to find the locations of these components, but they are usually located under the laptop, under the covers

If it is your Video card (onboard) then that was be a big concern
You may need to locate the disassemble guide online, then blow out all internal dust

It may also require a CheckDisk scan
You can read HERE on how to do that outside Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-x52-f3sv-notebook-not-booting-past-asus-screen.138116/
Relevancy 47.3%

Just put this system splash w/ screen Shows Freeze. Asus "asus" A7V400MX then 2400+ sempron together last night all the drives cd HDD s are from a previous computer but the mobo cpu and ram kingston mhz mb are new Entire system contents w power supply mitsumi quot i think quot came with case years ago asus a v onboard sound vid network AMD sempron ghz retail w fan kingston mhz mb pc no add in pci or agp x GB HDD x cd one burner and floppy the problem after Asus A7V400MX w/ sempron 2400+ Shows "asus" splash screen then Freeze. installing everything I turned the computer on it turns on then off and back on as others on this board have mentioned to be normal for this board but then the it starts to post but doesnt even get past the Asus A7V400MX w/ sempron 2400+ Shows "asus" splash screen then Freeze. quot splash asus a v screen quot then it just hangs indefinetly suspiciou on the quot splash screen quot it shows press tab to show post and press alt F to flash bios but niether gives any response Ctrl Alt Del does reset the comp only to bring me back to the same spot a little frustrated thinking possible power supply unit or even processor It does beep once short and then stops and I ve tried the FSB jumpers set to and mhz both with the same result I even tried clearing the CMOS with no change not a big suprise since its never been used please help THANK YOU nbsp

A:Asus A7V400MX w/ sempron 2400+ Shows "asus" splash screen then Freeze.

common problems

well, first off. The beep you heard is natural. It means that the POST (power on self test) went through sucessfully! you might need to check the processor. Sometimes, processors can cause a bad instruction to activate, which causes your computer to freeze. The powersupply also could be an important factor. You should turn the computer on with the least amount of things. for example... (motherboard, 1 stick of ram, processor, harddrive, and the powersupply) doing this will limit what could be wrong and make it easier to troubleshoot. I would definetly check the processor, and even possibly the memory. hope this helps!

"from a person's perspective"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7v400mx-w-sempron-2400-shows-asus-splash-screen-then-freeze.18032/
Relevancy 46.87%

I've never heard of a quot gray screen of death quot either but that's certainly what it looked like I'm working on a clean install of -bit Windows Pro SP U and I'm mostly finished installing my 31, of load NIC after death"? Can't "gray screen driver, PROSet code apps The major problem symptom is that my Intel PROSet Ethernet Connection -V can't load it's drivers Here's the sequence of events Finished installing Nero Ultimate updates which required a reboot NO hardware changes made Can't load PROSet NIC driver, code 31, after "gray screen of death"? During that reboot I see what would normally be a BSOD except the screen is definitely NOT blue It looks more gray than anything and my monitor is fine The quot GSOD quot message is a new one on me as well something like quot SYSTEM REGISTRATION ERROR quot or the like When I boot up even though I definitely have set it up to create a mini-dump on BSOD there IS no mini-dump or even a full dump I assure you it was simply not created Now all of a sudden my 'Intel Ethernet Connection -V' the device manager reports quot This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device Code quot Note that I've read that Code errors are supposedly quot easy quot to fix but I've tried the things these tech support pages suggest such as uninstalling the drivers and re-installing the latest version or rolling back the drivers etc but that has had NO effect One of the things I can't help thinking about is that the following Intel software is installed and running Intel Capability Licensing Service TCP IP Interface Intel PROSet Monitoring Service - monitors changes to the system and updates affected network devices to keep them running in optimal condition Intel Management and Security Application Local Management Service Could any of those be related to the nasty quot SYSTEM REGISTRATION ERROR quot or whatever quot GSOD quot I realize you folks will need some data to work with but ince I can't upload a dump the best I could do was to save some specific event logs I've zipped them up and uploaded them with this post Please can anyone help me get my net-working again

A:Can't load PROSet NIC driver, code 31, after "gray screen of death"?

If me, I would uninstall Nero, reboot, then run system restore to before the Nero installation and hope (fingers crossed) that works. If not, you may need to uninstall the affected drivers, then reboot and again, hope that works.

You may be seeing gray due to your contrast and brightness setting - but really experiencing the black screen of death.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/352963-cant-load-proset-nic-driver-code-31-after-gray-screen-death.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi there!

Can anyone tell me where I could get an LCD screen for an Asus A6M Laptop, a second hand one will do. I've tried ebay but to no avail.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-asus-a6m-lcd-screen.727452/
Relevancy 40.85%

when I first statup my computer in the morning the asus screen appears for about a second and then continues to boot up. However if I restart the pc later at night the asus screen stays on for around 5 seconds. Can anyone explain why this is?

I have a P5B Deluxe motherboard and Intel E6600 dual core processor.

Relevancy 40.85%

Attachment Attachment I just bought a brand new ASUS and have already gotten the blue screen The computer specs are as follows Windows bit Model ASUS CG Desktop Intel Core i CPU GHz GB RAM DDR I have installed Norton and Office to the computer and that is it I did notice that I will get a bluescreen most of the time i run a NEW - - Please help!! screen Blue already Asus full system scan through norton although I have gotten them without running a scan I have also tryed to update all of my hardware although im still unsure if NEW Asus - Blue screen already - Please help!! it is the latest I would like to be able to solve this problem and not pack up this computer and send it back although that day may be coming soon I have attached the files requested in the BSOD posting instructions and have also included my minidump log of the errors that my computer provides to me as it restarts Please help me Thanks for your time Alex

A:NEW Asus - Blue screen already - Please help!!

Completely Uninstall Norton 360 using the removal tool

Then reinstall the latest version

Update your Realtek driver
Realtek

Code:
RtNdPt60.sys fffff880`02326000 fffff880`02332000 0x0000c000 0x475dfad0 11/12/2007 06:49:52
Remove Asus AI booster/Manager(or any other similar tools), it uses an outdated driver

Code:
AsInsHelp64.sys fffff880`02b21000 fffff880`02b26000 0x00005000 0x477dc5ca 04/01/2008 09:36:10
You seem to be running an older version of Norton 360

Code:
SYMDS64.SYS fffff880`0106c000 fffff880`010da000 0x0006e000 0x4a89e942 18/08/2009 03:35:30
SYMEFA64.SYS fffff880`010ee000 fffff880`01129000 0x0003b000 0x4bcf727b 22/04/2010 01:47:39
SYMEVENT64x86.SYS fffff880`02cb0000 fffff880`02ce6000 0x00036000 0x4a849385 14/08/2009 02:28:21
SYMTDIV.SYS fffff880`02c3a000 fffff880`02cb0000 0x00076000 0x4bdfa4c3 04/05/2010 08:38:27

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/143527-new-asus-blue-screen-already-please-help.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My wife s computer not this one - turn it on and the ASUS screen at screen ASUS PC stops comes PC stops at ASUS screen up and just stops The process turn on PC stops at ASUS screen looks like it tries the A drive and CD then HD before popping the ASUS screen but it just hangs at that screen I hit tab for the POST screen and then DEL to enter setup exit and save no changing allows the PC to boot up I had observed that the date and time was being lost when the machine is off I opened the box cleaned out dust mites dead aliens old electrons etc and installed a new battery Now it still does the same thing but loses some time It has lost about two hours in the last three days Checking configurations with the book the boot sequence looks OK and after the save and continue it boots up OK I haven t attempted to update bios It is a machine ASUS A V X-X Motherboard MB memory and I think a G processor The ASUS bios online reports it is a beta bios from Updating the bios is scary so I m looking to exhaust alternatives Any ideas thanks -b nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

ok so the other night my computer was fine shut down normally etc then last night i tried to start on ASUS stuck PC screen up Fan starts BEEP lights on keyboard flash and the bluse ASUS screen comes up but it doesnt go any further i have tried pressing all of the keys PC stuck on ASUS screen on the keyvoard i think but nothing happens the cd rom drive will open and close I have up-to-date norton antivirus and microsoft spyware installed i dont want to lose everything on my computer by re-installing windows as i havent backed up for while and all my photos are on PC stuck on ASUS screen there DOH I dont understand it was fine I don't know much about computers I know how to use them but I dont know how to fix them AMD K ATHLON XP PLUS FSB MSI KM M-V SCKA DDR XAGP VGA SND LAN ATX I have an ATI Radeon maybe graphics card which has been in for a few months with no probs I recently added an ASUS TV card thig which has beenin a few weeks with no probs Most recently I added my old Epson photo printer for which i downloaded drivers form epson site it said it was the XP driver although I got a warning about it not being something or other and did I want to continue and so on i continued this was about a week or so ago and it has been working ok Its just odd as it was fine the night before and now it wont do a thing I am going home tonight with the printout of this link http www techsupportforum com comp c - html although it doesnt sound like quite the same thing as his screen goes blank but mine is just frozen or not doing anything if the are different I think I am going to try the XP disk and see if it can repair it please repair please repair please help

A:PC stuck on ASUS screen

You need to do a bit of troubleshooting -- take it one step at a time.

At first I thought you had an ASUS motherboard, but you don't. You have an MSI motherboard. The only ASUS product I see mentioned is the TV card, so why not remove it from the equation.

With your PC turned off, remove the ASUS TV card and then see if your PC boots. Reply back here with your findings so we can do further troubleshooting, if necessary.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-stuck-on-asus-screen-49124.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

I'm looking for a second hand Asus A6000 LCD screen,
I've tried on ebay but keep getting outbid.
Can anyone tell me of a good website to source
second hand laptop parts? I've just started my
own repair business.

Cheers.

Relevancy 40.85%

I have a asus f3f running wins xp when i turn it on it will not go into a window that i can only view if i keep pressing fn and f8 and i cant get into safe mode. The power light is on. Please help dont want to have to send it way.

A:Asus black screen

When you boot the comp, look at the screen it will tell you how to get into the Bios(might be setup) something like F1 or the DEL key. Reboot and press that key. It should then present you with a screen that you can set certain parts of the comp. Look for Hard disk diag or test. Run the test. you also have the Ram test , run that if the first test is OK.
If nothing is wrong back out and turn off the comp. Turn the comp upside down and look on the bottom to see if there is a RESET hole. If there is insert a straightend out paper clip and push it into the hole.
If that doesn't work call the manufacturer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/asus-black-screen-367673.html
Relevancy 40.85%

i have a Asus 13.3 in touch screen laptop windows 8. I have had it for a few months now. I went to use it today and noticed the volume would not work. It is all the way up in the setting on my computer and the control on my screen help please!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6027 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1984 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 455320 MB, Free - 417444 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., Q302LA
Antivirus: Webroot SecureAnywhere, Updated and Enabled

A:Asus 13.3 in touch screen lap top

Press start, in the search bar type "Device manager" and choose it, once your in go to Sound, video and game controllers tab, do you see your sound card? does it have anything there that shouldn't be, like a yellow question mark? and what is the sound card model?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-13-3-in-touch-screen-lap-top.1149403/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have an asus A6J notebook about two years old. recently if I re-boot it hangs when the asus start up screen comes on. If I shut down completely and re start its ok. Any idea whats causing this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-start-screen-hangs.872407/
Relevancy 40.42%

Stop: 0X400080
(0X8AI96AD0, 0X89646698, 0XBACD3F2C, 0X00000001
Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump complete. Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

This has happened twice in the last weak. Computer is 3months old, first time when it happened i was using MSoffice (computer was not connected to the internet) and was working fine, the blue screen went on and the upper message appeared.
Second time a couple days later i was on the internet using gmail and the same thing happend.

please help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-asus-laptop-blue-screen.952291/
Relevancy 40.42%

I am now working on a ASUS G jh I ll describe the problem from when I first acquired the laptop The laptop started up with a blue BIOS background eventually the OS started Very lightly and blue tinted After playing around I discovered that the problem was intermittent when changing the elevation of the LCD lid I ordered NEW LCD Video Cable For Asus G G JH G JW G J G SW SERIES - Q ASA http www ebay com itm trksid p m l amp ssPageName STRK MEBIDX IT thinking this would fix the problem It did not Since then I have tried one different LCD panel and get the same results Now the problem is no longer blue It s just dark very very dark I can see that it still sends the image to the screen but it looks at if it s Asus G73jh problem screen the older LCD panels with the backlight disabled I know that this does not have a backlight or inverter though I have reinstalled Windows reinstalled the drivers reinstalled CCC still having issues maybe this is related AMD Catalyst fails to load properly The error message is quot Catalyst Control Centre Command Line Interface has stopped working quot It seems maybe there is something wrong with the graphics processor but I currently have a monitor connected through VGA and have also tested the HDMI output and both work fine I have been using and testing this system Asus G73jh screen problem with the external monitor since I have disassembled the laptop to replace the LCD LED cable I no longer have the old cable Anyone with any tips I would really like to figure this out if not for a working laptop for the curiousity of knowing what caused the problem Please help I will appreciate it very much nbsp

A:Asus G73jh screen problem

Is the display panel an LCD or LED type? Many LCD laptops can be converted to LED by using a simple flat cable adapter...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73jh-screen-problem.205184/
Relevancy 40.42%

Specs ASUS G VX Initially it had Windows but upgraded to black gives I'm stuck Asus screen, Windows several months ago Okay This problem has been happening the past months giving a handful of different error codes and Asus gives black screen, I'm stuck the dreadful Automatic Repair loop I can send in my laptop to Asus for repair but I want to keep it as a last resort Initially this problem occured when my computer suddenly froze forcing me to hold down the power button to shut down Upon booting it back on The black screen pops up with nothing happening for few minutes then starting Automatic Repair black screen again and repeat From the various error codes the one thing they have in common is Asus gives black screen, I'm stuck that the files are Asus gives black screen, I'm stuck missing or contain errors noticeably system files Another thing I see that s never changed is that they only occur when I force shut down the computer or a BSOD which I got once from a KERNAL DATA INPAGE ERROR just yesterday Sometimes though luck more of restarting the computer over and over I escape the Automatic Repair loop and changes to quot Diagnosing your PC quot It then fixes a bunch of stuff although nothing I can recognize from the file names it s a bunch of random letters with dashes similar to a serial code Afterwards the computer boots up like normal although another problem has arisen From that day whenever the computer boots up normally the disk usage spikes up to and lags the computer out This lasts a few minutes to an hour so I wait it out I tried finding what creates this problem but no program on task manager has come up And so from the BSOD I got yesterday my computer was in an automatic repair loop I tried accessing safe mode by holding F wait minutes for it to load and hitting safe mode but it fails to boot up I installed a Windows installation media on a USB Using that I accessed BIOS and tried reinstalling Windows but gave a compatibility error So I clicked quot Repair your computer quot and these are the various things I did I tried resetting my PC and refreshing but says the drive partition is missing I tried going to command prompt and typed in the commands -bootrec fixBCD -bootrec fixboot -bootrec fixMBR -chkdsk C r f x All went successful and found no errors But the problem persists I also tried going to Automatic Repair which was one of the options it lasted hours but at the end it just gave a black screen I tried Automatic Repair again but said it couldn t find the problem As of now it seems that the Automatic Repair loop has stopped Whenever I turn on my computer currently it gives minutes of a black screen the Republic of Gamers logo pops up then gives me a blue screen of error code xc The only thing that works that I ve explored are the BIOS and command prompt I don t know what else to do nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

This has happened to 4 different computers that I have encountered in the last 10 months.

One was a Windows 7 computer, the others Windows 10

They all have ASUS mobo and freeze at the ASUS F2/Del screen on startup

If I remove the hard drive, the system boots to BIOS ok
If I put the hard drive in a system that was working fine, the F2/Del freeze issue happens
If I put a known good hard drive in the system with the freeze issue, it starts fine

I have tried the CMOS battery reset
I replaced the mobo on one system
I tested different RAM on one system
No success

If I connect the hard drive to another computer using a USB enclosure, it is readable and I can copy files; just won't boot

Thinking maybe the Windows is corrupt or has some weird virus. Any suggestions to try to fix without having to reformat and reinstall Windows and programs?

Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630286/asus-freezes-at-f2-del-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 40.42%

So I got a problem with my Asus laptop pc screen. up laptp Messed Asus model GL VW-T T where the screen will flicker from normal to messed up as seen in the Picture I can fix this however by installing or reinstalling the lastest Geforce driver update but the problem still occur eventually and it Always happends when starting the computer not in any other way When this problem occurs the computer will start with the asus logo looking as usual Messed up Asus laptp pc screen. then the creen will go black for a second and then the messed up screen appears btw the screen goes black when the screen is noral as well so I am not saying it has somthing to do Messed up Asus laptp pc screen. with it just explaining when it happends Anyway when I say the screen is flickering I mean it's flickering when I am running a program moving my mouse pressing buttons or doing about anything but when I do absoloutly nothing the screen will stay messed up I asked for help in this allredy from the support and thay say it is a windows problem and that I should reconfigure reboot restart or whatever it's called the pc so it will be like when I first got it which I am planning to do just Messed up Asus laptp pc screen. wanna post this to make sure there are not other way to fix this before doing so thanks in advance

Relevancy 40.42%

I cant get past the asus screen at the start. I can access the bios but even with a bootable usb stick it won't open the usb key despite the priority. It just goes on a loop and constantly goes to the ASUS starting screen.

A:Cant get past the asus screen at the start

please see this from our welcome guide
When writing your question, please be as descriptive as possible.Click to expand...

to do what - load windows
what is the bootable usb - by that I mean what it is it booting to
Full model of the Asus please
Did it come with windows 10 installed
and all other relevant detail please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-past-the-asus-screen-at-the-start.1169035/