Windows Support Forum

Windows7 not booting after installing Windows update

Q: Windows7 not booting after installing Windows update

HI,
Yesterday i installed the windows update from Windows and slept. On the next day morinig i was not able to boot the system. Please help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows7 not booting after installing Windows update

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows7 not booting after installing Windows update

Did this machine go into hibernation during the update?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows7-not-booting-after-installing-windows-update.1074817/
Relevancy 64.07%

HP Pavilion Slimline S - Windows bit nbsp I am so frustrated nbsp nbsp I have called Microsoft times and HP times nbsp My desktop downloaded Win automatically so I went to downgrade back to Win did not like Win since it was easy per everything I read nbsp now when I turn my system on I get a black screen Windows Error Recovery then after timeout it 10 Windows S5-1224 to not He... Windows7 booting downgrade --> goes to another black screen which Windows 10 downgrade to Windows7 --> S5-1224 not booting He... is the Windows Boot Manager nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft customer support nbsp had me Windows 10 downgrade to Windows7 --> S5-1224 not booting He... download an ISO file which I loaded from another computer nbsp onto a USB via the download tool they sent me but I cannot get it to boot from the USB on my non working desktop nbsp Bare with me I Windows 10 downgrade to Windows7 --> S5-1224 not booting He... am soooo not technical or computer savvy nbsp HP won't help me without charging me nbsp I am so upset nbsp I didn't back anything up because it was supposed to be so simple to revert back to Windows nbsp I literally am sick to my stomach nbsp All my files and pictures are gone I feel nbsp I tried hitting F while I turned on and got to the advanced options screen to change the boot order but that didn't seem to work nbsp Any help is much appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Windows-10-downgrade-to-Windows7-gt-S5-1224-not-booting-Help/td-p/5643736
Relevancy 57.19%

some light are burning, not all. fan is on. screen stays black, no start up. I tried F2, F8, F10, F12 etc. Will not start from rescue dvd either. Seperate screen is black too. any suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/black-screen-after-windows-update-HP-pav6-windows7/td-p/5618880
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello

I've had this problem for awhile and I've tried fixing it to the best of my abilities (searching and troubleshooting). 

Can't turn on windows 7 firewall or update my windows 7.

Ran Malwarebytes and came up clean.

However, I ran rkill and it came up with something.  (attachment)

Thanks for the help in advance.

A:Can't update windows7 or turn on windows firewall. Possible rootkit?

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===A ZeroAccess rootkit infection is on board.--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller for 32bit or Roguekiller for 64bit Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+===Search and delete the AdWare, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) installed on your computer.Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete tab follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt (n is a number).=== Please downloadJunkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixLink 1Link 2IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you.Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note: Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlNote: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause of infiltration an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496983/cant-update-windows7-or-turn-on-windows-firewall-possible-rootkit/
Relevancy 55.47%

First question - Is on Windows7 Booting FAT32 it possible at all Second - I am trying to achieve this All I did was created a booted my system with st HDD that had Win I have additional HDDs One has stripped down version of Win created using vLite rd HDD has Booting Windows7 on FAT32 a FAT partition I copied all the files from nd HDD that has stripped down version of Windows to rd HDD that has FAT partition I used 'Beyond Compare' for that Then shut down the system removed st and nd HDD and booted the system on rd HDD Of course it did not boot then I loaded my Win installation DVD and clicked on repair and braught it into command prompt There I provided following commands cd X Windows Boot bootsect nt C A message was shown that a new bootsector for FAT is written Then I took the DVD out and tried to boot it on HDD that is FAT but I get the error saying No Disk Found Dows anayone has any idea hwo to resolve this Any help is appreciated Thanks Win Junkie

A:Booting Windows7 on FAT32

Why FAT? No I have not tried installing Windows on FAT since 98.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/66325-booting-windows7-fat32.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I am using a Dell laptop with Gb of RAM which is running on the Windows Home Premium bit version A few hours ago I tried to partition a memory stick without a positive result as I could not get the laptop to recognise the memory stick as a hard drive So I downloaded partition magic without looking at how much trouble the software caused to Windows users installed not Windows7 booting; BSoDs the program and ran it A message came up saying the program is not compatible with my version of windows or something like that but I continued nevertheless As soon as the program loaded a message came up saying one of my registry files was corrupt and the length of something was mentioned I did not check what this was and stupidly I just proceeded and to my discontent BAM Blue Screen of Death It said something about a Kernel Error I think but I thought it was only a one-time crash so I did not write it down When I tried to Windows7 not booting; BSoDs reboot my computer and to start windows normally the Windows loading screen came up for around - seconds and then froze for half a second and I got the BSoD again but this time it only flashed so I couldn't record the information I tried restarting my laptop again this time I selected Launch Startup Repair or something like that it was either that or 'Start Windows Normally' It went on for a few minutes and did not do much - it only came up with 'Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically' Here are the problem details I ran this Startup Repair a few times 'Root cause found ---------------------- Boot configuration is corrupt Repair action Partition table repair Result Failed Error Code x Time taken ms' After seeing this message I went into boot options hitting F when the laptop was booting up and selected all the startup options such as safe modes and all others For the safe modes all I got was the loading screens and then it would get stuck on Classpnp sys for a few seconds and then automatically reboot I did not notice any bluescreens I tried doing a System Restore it came up with 'There was an unexpected error The filename directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect x B Please close System Restore and try again ' Then I tried Windows Memory Diagnostic It took a while and found nothing I have no Windows recovery installation disks I have access to the command prompt I have access to the Dell DataSafe Restore and Emergency Backup but I never backed my data up I tried it anyway and this is what I got after selecting any Restting such as 'Select other System Backup and more options' - gt 'Restore my Computer' - gt 'Factory Image ' As soon as I did that it seemed to be doing something There was a loading sign next to 'Formatting your Partition ' and below that was 'Reinstall your original content ' and a loading bar which was actually moving back and forth There was also an error message right from the beginning 'Error Error x A ' and if I clicked OK the whole thing would quit I tried many solutions that I could find and none of them worked for me Please help Thank you

A:Windows7 not booting; BSoDs

I Managed to get the Technical Information of my Bluescreen!
'*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A9928, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/156667-windows7-not-booting-bsods.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have installed a theme
mountain_lion_skin_pack_4_0_win7x64_by_spdownload-d5ninbu.exe

I am running x32 I havent noticed that its for x64
Now when I boot my computer it loads to the loading screen just before the login screen. the screen is flickering. and it doesent progress from there. I have tried uninstalling the theme, then reboot then the same problem. and system restore is not a solution because I installed it twice (stupid of me). Now im using safe mode to find solutions.

One more thing. i suspect another theme is installed so i wish to uninstall it but i cant because i cant run windows installer service on safe mode.

Please please help me.

A:Windows7 Booting problems

Hi and welcome to TSF did you try system restore from safe mode

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows7-booting-problems-679453.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Ok i have a problem my computer with windows doesn black booting windows7 to screen t work every time i start it it loads windows a bit and then ends windows7 booting to black screen up to black screen and later it crashes to blue screen disabled the auto restart after system error safe mode s doesn t work or either the system repair it doesn t recognize the error i tried to fix the error with the windows cd and using the bootrec exe command but it didn t work and before you think that i haven t tried system restoration i did and it didn t work so im pretty much out of idea s and im asking for help from here AND reinstalling whole windows is out of question i have too many valuable files in the hard drive that i don t want windows7 booting to black screen to lose Thanks for help in advance and this is first time this happened to me so i guess the game i installed yesterday is causing this but i cannot delete it since i cant get windows on

A:windows7 booting to black screen

What game did you install and what is the BSOD Code?

Can you provide your system specs?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349357/windows7-booting-to-black-screen/
Relevancy 54.61%

When I try to install KB3182373, a "Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight", Windows Update reports failure with the message "Code 643 Windows Update encountered an unknown error".
I ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab. It reported that "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".
What can I do to fix this? I'm running Windows 7 Professional.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab3e30fe-b420-45f1-b3b0-9fd7f93fbe5a/windows-update-fails-when-installing-kb3182373-code-643-windows-update-encountered-an-unknown?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi my name is Kent nice to meet you So here i have this problem that i don't know what to do I Installing 7 up and windows Booting have my old motherboard its a Asus P S and i have some gig of ram its DDR So its done i got all the wire and stuff and i have build my simple computer and i reset the pins to so i was trying to install windows Ultimate bits And when the loading comes out it freeze and then restart by it self And i got a new Idea again my other computer have a windows on in I Installing and Booting up windows 7 went and remove it and put it on my other one The one that i just build well its works its loading well but then its freeze and then its restart again and again And now they want me to inserts the windows Cd to fix some stuff so i did put the windows Cd in it and it said it fix the problem so it restart the same problem over and over again Sorry for the long story I hope i WE can fix this Good luck not just me but you to take care all ways have a good day

A:Installing and Booting up windows 7

Hi this board was it originally for a xp system ? as the only thing I see on the asus site shows as xp ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P4S8X there are no win 7 drivers so you may have great difficulty in getting it to work with win 7,have you checked the hdd is fit to use ie run a diagnostic from the hdd maker support site

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installing-and-booting-up-windows-7-a-570183.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have installed Windows 7 and then i installed Linux on an other partition of the Hard Disk
now i wanted to install windows Xp for some project work, i removed the linux(ubuntu) and installed the Xp on the same partition

the problem is that i am not able to see the option to boot Windows 7.

Please Help .....

A:Windows 7 Not Booting After Installing Xp

Here is a great tutorial on how to do what you are trying to do.

Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

Steve

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/101067-windows-7-not-booting-after-installing-xp.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My laptop suddenly crashed yesterday and when I restarted it it says quot windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt quot error xc I tried to do System Repair using Windows CD but since of my drives Reinstalling which on Windows7 booting isn't Bitlocked with pc drives not the C system drive but E amp F drives that I had previously partitioned it asked me for the bitlocker key Unfortunately I lost the flash drive I had Reinstalling Windows7 on pc which isn't booting with Bitlocked drives my keys saved on So I was thinking of fully re-uninstalling Windows if that is possible But I want to make sure that the drives E amp F will be normally usable by unlocking those drives using the password since I have years of my works there and I have no back up of those files So if I re-installed Windows do I have to take the risk of having to format those drives afterwards I don't even know how I got this error in the first place I hadn't messed with any files on the C drive at all Nervously waiting for help

A:Reinstalling Windows7 on pc which isn't booting with Bitlocked drives

I know of no way to recover your files if you lose your Bitlocker key.

To try on the OS HD Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start or to do a Clean Reinstall you should unplug all other HD's anyway, so whether you later format them is a separate issue.

The lesson here is obviously to have a backup of both your files and your encryption key. BitLocker Drive Encryption - Unlock a Locked OS Drive

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/298140-reinstalling-windows7-pc-isnt-booting-bitlocked-drives.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I almost think this thread's title says it all: it seems that after around a handful of successful boots, that after I enter my password successfully, the system transitions to the next window where it proceeds to hang indefinitely. At that point, I power down, wait a minute and then power up. 99.9% of the time the system will boot up successfully. I haven't had any luck figuring out the cause and just 'discovered' this SeverForums website.

A:Windows7 (64bit) booting fails every 5 or 6 times.

Confirm the 100mb System Reserved partition (preferred if you have it) or C is Partition Marked Active

Then run Startup Repair - Run up to 3 Separate Times to see if it finds anything to repair.

If this doesn't help post back a screenshot of Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/312179-windows7-64bit-booting-fails-every-5-6-times.html
Relevancy 53.75%

A few hours ago I used EasyBCD and deleted Windows entry from it still had a Windows loader entry Due Windows installing booting problems. and 7 to that now whenever I try to boot up Windows I get a BSOD right at the icon thinggy those lights Windows 7 installing and booting problems. BSOD Error message - gt x b I do have a USB flash with windows on it and I tried to use it in order to repair or reinstall When trying to repair it sais that It can t find any instalation of Windows When trying to install it finds no drives like partitions where to install it I have tried using the command prompt and I have found out that If i write diskpart and then list volume It only shows the USB Flash and no other partitions At this moment I m running this PC with Ubuntu I can access my old Windows files and move them around Also the ubuntu instalation doesn t see any Windows instalation out there I can only chose between Wipe everything and install Ubuntu or something else As far as I remember my partitions look like sda - MB I have no clue what this is but I guess it is due to EasyBCD or something sda - MB - the one Windows always makes sda - MB - Classic C drive the place where Windows is installed sda - D drive where I keep my files Here is some info I got from ubuntu What options do I have other than wiping the entire hard drive I want to save some information from the hard drive nbsp

A:Windows 7 installing and booting problems.

If you want to save info, use your Ubuntu to boot, and copy the files you want onto a USB memory stick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-installing-and-booting-problems.1120572/
Relevancy 53.75%

So I'm attempting to help Installing Problems and Booting Windows fix my friends computer its a Gateway NV series running windows not sure what the model number is The problem is when I try to boot the computer I get a window saying quot Start Up Repair Windows cannot repair this computer automatically If you have recenly attached a device to this computer such as a camera or portable music player remove it and restart your computer If you contiunue to see this message contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance Click finish to exit and shut down your computer quot There's two options above the FINISH and CANCEL buttons quot View diagnostic and repiar details quot which opens a window saying quot Startup repair diagnosis and repair log Last successful boot time some date number of repair attempts Session Details - System Disk Device Harddisk Windows directory C Windows Autochk Run Number of root causes quot and the other option is quot view advance options for system recovery and support quot but none of the options here do too much I was given a windows upgrade disc and a windows drivers and software disc I tried booting for the upgrade disc but that Problems Booting and Installing Windows didn't work So I downloaded a version of windows and burnt it to a dvd and tried to boot from that but that didnt work either So I tried to boot to ubuntu from the cd to backup all his files and that worked I need a way to get windows back on this computer please help

A:Problems Booting and Installing Windows

So you/your friend dont have the windows 7 installer disk or haven't created a repair disk ?

At that situation you may download Download Windows 7 System Recovery Discs — The NeoSmart Files .

Download the appropriate disk image that you need in this situation, burn it in a disk , and boot it up .... then follow these tutorials .

Startup Repair

Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

These tutorials should work .

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/182343-problems-booting-installing-windows.html
Relevancy 53.75%

have installed new hard drive western digital hddwd1916 to replace faulty c drive & tried to install windows 7. i am getting disc boot failure, insert system disc & press enter msg after switching off & on again hope you can help.thanks.

A:Problem Installing Windows 7 & Booting to DVD

Have you set your CD drive to be the first boot device in your BIOS setup page? Is the DVD you're using an original pressed CD or a DVD-R you burned?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-installing-windows-7-and-booting-to-dvd-597358.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Well this is a long story It started way back when my computer randomally decided to tell me that quot delay write failed quot and then i restarted my computer and it creeped along very slowly The startup took about minutes and everything after that was terrible I then found out about PIO mode and windows... PLEASE booting/installing Problem HELP! DMA mode which somehow my drive Problem booting/installing windows... PLEASE HELP! switched from DMA to PIO all by itself So then i uninstalled it restarted and then it worked perfect Everything went smoothly Only this was a repetitive course i had to keep working with Every other week my computer would start to slow down and the same process happened Sometimes boot up time would be close to a half hour So then the other day i decided to put more memory in my system I only had mb and decided Problem booting/installing windows... PLEASE HELP! to get another stick of the same and boost it up to a gb Only my computer wouldn t start when i put it in Wierd i thought So i took it back out and i had to refresh my bios by taking the battery out for a while and then booting it back up But now windows won t start It stays on the same loading screen that it used to take anywhere from minutes to a half hour and i let it sit there for hours and no progress I m running my Problem booting/installing windows... PLEASE HELP! computer off a linux live cd right now Thats the only way i can make use of this machine I have two hard drives and i decided to try and do a fresh install on my back up hard drive So i unplugged the primary booted up with a new XP disc went through the install and then when it rebooted and was doing the REAL installation where it tells you about all the great new features and error message popped up It said quot windows is missing a component fatal error quot stuff like that so i went to the log and it said quot missing C i quot or something I can t remember the exact information but either way its missing something from the install how does that even happen So how should i go about doing a fresh install on my hard drive if i get that error PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Problem booting/installing windows... PLEASE HELP!

i'm sorry... the error was C:I386....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-booting-installing-windows-please-help.521529/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have tried installing windows 7 on my vista machine on a seperate partition, but once all setups are complete and win 7 is ready to load, the bootloader won't come up.

This is my friends win 7 disk and he claims to have installed it several times on a clean hard disk.
To get back into vista, I had to begin reinstalling windows 7, then before i boot into it for the first time to let it configure i went onto vista and formatted / removed entry in boot loader.

I have also tried running the "are you ready for windows 7?" application and it was fine with it.

I'm currently using my vista disk to system restore and get some luck out of that, but otherwise, I have no idea. Can anyone provide some advice?

A:Problem booting after installing windows 7

Hi this is a how to on dual booting windows vista and 7 http://maketecheasier.com/how-to-dua...s-7/2009/01/11

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-booting-after-installing-windows-7-a-424035.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Windows updates keeps installing/reinstalling the same update over and over again. I looked in my update history and it shows that they are installed successfully every time. What should I do and is this using space on my laptop by re-installing over and over again?

A:Solved: Windows updates keeps installing/re-installing the same update over and over

It is not using any space. Right-click the ones you already have and hide them so they don't come back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-updates-keeps-installing-re-installing-the-same-update-over-and-over.1022585/
Relevancy 53.32%

i installed windows 8.1 using pendrive after shuting down that laptop is not starting. During boot it is not showing anything.Nothing is happening even after i press f2 or f10 or f12.my laptop is lenovo g570 please help me.

A:lenovo g570 not booting after installing windows 8.1

There is a separate Windows 8 forum. Since this is a Windows 8 issue, best to post there.

Windows 8 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/339381-lenovo-g570-not-booting-after-installing-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok so the title explains it all. The booting time for any windows installation takes way too long. Does anyone know a fix for this. If there is none, its not that much of a big deal. But a fix would be nice. Also some windows programs take a while to also boot up their installation, like office 07.

A:Booting time for installing windows is very long?

Hi

Do a google on housekeeping for PC, its doing things like running msconfig, clearing the cache, IE file history, etc etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/booting-time-for-installing-windows-is-very-long.136835/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone, pls I need your help to resolve the issue I'm having with  my HP Pavilion DV6000 PC, the problem started wih my laptop speaker, and I tried to make a system recovery to get the issue fixed but after the recovery I was asked to install a window cos it was runing on window 10. and while installing the window I mistakenly took the power adapter out from the laptop and it went off cos my battery is bad, I powered it on  and I have been trying to reinstall the window back but its not installing. this is the message its bringing up:

THE COMPUTER RESTARTED UNEXPECTEDLY OR ENCOUNTERED AN UNEXPECTED ERROR. WINDOWS INSTALLATION CANNOT PROCEED. TO INSTALL WINDOWS,CLCK OK TO RESTART THE COMPUTER, AND THEN RESTART THE INSTALLATION.

I have done what it says but still having the same issue, pls I need your asistant.  Thanks

A:laptop not booting after recently installing windows 10

treasureplant41 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about your laptop no longer booting in Win10 and wanted to help.There's no telling how much damage you did by removing the power adapter, so let's hope the simple fix will work -- repairing the boot loader files. To do this, you will need access to a working PC for this step in order to create the media needed to repair your PC boot loader.Once you have that, please download and create Win10 install media from this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10Note that when you go do download and build install media, the tool defaults to matching what is already installed on your PC (as in, Home for Home, 64-bit for 64-bit).  While you CAN change these settings, do NOT. If you do, the resulting media will be different and will force you to enter a NEW product code!Boot from the media you created, and follow the directions in this link: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-advanced-startup-options-boot-windows-10-a.htmlYou will need to go to the Advanced Options screen and click on Startup Repair.  You will probably have to run Startup Repair three times for it to fix all the boot loader problems.If your PC then boots OK, you're good to go.  IF it does NOT boot, then more damage was done than the boot loader files. And, in that case, you would have to completely reinstall Win10 to get the PC working again, and while you CAN do that from the Win10 media you already made, since you can't boot into Windows, your only option is a clean-install, and THAT will erase everything on the PC and start clean.  So, the problem there is that you would have to copy off the files and data you want to save to an external drive or USB stick before you did the reinstall.Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/laptop-not-booting-after-recently-installing-windows-10/td-p/5606313
Relevancy 53.32%

My operating system is giving out i am locking up regularly now i feel i have too many things installed on a vary small drive to pinpoint the problem i have been neeeding a second hard drive for a while now i think its time The question is how can i boot off of one hard drive but install all my applications on the other as if i where booting my OS booting installing one drive, another windows things on on but off of a gb ssd just big enough for booting windows on one drive, but installing things on another the operating system but actually installing things on my second hard drive i am NOT getting an ssd unfortunately booting windows on one drive, but installing things on another i am not rady that was just an analogy hopfuly it got the point accross though i donot believe this is a form of dual booting which is what comes up when i search the issue your help is appreciated i already know an ssd will benifit me more than another hdd but i do not have enough room to support all my things and am closing in on gb left on booting windows on one drive, but installing things on another my hard drive that being said im looking at a terabit hdd at rpm i wont be changing up to a new one for a LONG time

A:booting windows on one drive, but installing things on another

Just install the operating system as usual, and when installing programs go into the advanced install options and change the location to where you install your program.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230300-booting-windows-one-drive-but-installing-things-another.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello Booting/Repairing/Installing Windows XP Problem with everyone I have an Asus EEE PC PX running Windows XP which wouldn t boot displaying the following error Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt System Drivers Ntfs sys I researched a lot about this problem and concluded that the best thing would be a repair And so having no CD DVD drive I made a bootable USB Flash Drive with the Windows XP installation and slip streamed into it the SATA drivers However the screen showing me the currently installed OS and allowing me to repair it never displayed and so I couldn t make an automatic repair Therefore I tried Problem with Booting/Repairing/Installing Windows XP repairing the system using the Problem with Booting/Repairing/Installing Windows XP Recovery Console Repair option The problem I encountered here was that while I Problem with Booting/Repairing/Installing Windows XP was able to rename ntfs sys into ntfs old I was given an Access is Denied when I tried to copy the new ntfs sys on the drive using this line copy D i ntfs sys C windows system drivers Therefore I gave up and made a format followed by a clean install of Windows XP encountering yet a new problem when the installation completed and the system restarted The new error message is now as follows Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt lt Windows root gt system hal dll Please re-install a copy of the above file The solutions I read about involve yet again booting from the pen drive and making some amendments using the recovery console However I cannot do this since the error screen pops up as soon as I boot from my flash drive Can there be something wrong with my hard drive Or my XP Installation CD However I have installed windows from it several successful times I know that there are a lot of posts regarding these problems but neither of them seems to address my problem directly I really appreciate any help from you guys Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello all I'm new to this forum and got the one due to need of formating the hard drive for following reason booting Installing at errors in 7 due Stucked windows to I was going to going to reinstall windows professional x version of windows in my laptop but during installation I got structed at the point where the earlier partitions are to be deleted and new ones are to be made I got the option from custom install to give the path for new C drive and others Here is the basic of problem the installation was taking very long time to delete my earlier partitions nearly mins So I derectly pressed the power button and shut down while the deletion of earlier C drive was going on my laptop eject the DVD on next boot but now nothing Stucked at booting windows 7 due to errors in Installing was appearing after booting So I again tried to do the same installation but this time the installation was stucked at the windows icon 'Starting Windows' Icon Please help with this issue

A:Stucked at booting windows 7 due to errors in Installing

You can boot to a command prompt using you W7 install disc. Command Prompt at Startup

After getting to the command prompt, you need to run Diskpart with the Clean option. Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command

Next boot with the W7 disc and start the install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/253227-stucked-booting-windows-7-due-errors-installing.html
Relevancy 53.32%

i installed windows 8.1 using pendrive after shuting down that laptop is not starting. During boot it is not showing anything.Nothing is happening even after i press f2 or f10 or f12.my laptop is lenovo g570 please help me.

A:lenovo g570 not booting after installing windows 8.1

Hello sagarap and welcome to the forum! How did you create the pendrive, from an ISO and where from? Any errors during installation? What OS was on it before? After install did you make sure the BIOS was set to boot from the hard drive?

Some more info would help.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/50807-lenovo-g570-not-booting-after-installing-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello...I will start from the begining .

I bought the Acer V5 and tried booting it up...it came with boot-up Linux which means nothing to me so I made a Windows 8 bootable USB and the problems started. First I could'n find the USB and after enabling the Legacy mode it finally found it and booted from it. Turned out the partitions are GPT and as I made the USB MBR it couldn't install so I canceled which I guess was my mistake but there was no other option. After that I created the bootable USB with GPT partition scheme and tried again. Unfortunately this time I got something called GNU GRUB....wth? I googled around and found the commands required for booting - root (hd1,0), then chainloader +1 and finally boot. Then I get the famous The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors with Status: 0xc000000e. Of course tried that couple of more times but still to no avail. I cannot recover or repair as Windows was never really installed, so I don't know what to do....Hopefully someone here would be able to help. Thanks in advance guys.

Petar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-v5-booting-windows-installing-issues.205294/
Relevancy 53.32%

HP laptop with I7 processor running Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium after booting up races. I went into task manager and see svchost running memory at over 256K. I delete this and another svchost and the racing stops but eventually it starts again.

I performed all suggested tips  from Wintips.org for Full Malware Scan & Removal Guide to Clean Heavy Infected Computer by running:

RKill in Safe Mode with Networking
RogueKiller
CCleaner
TDSSKILLER
Delete Temporary Files and folders with TFC by OldTimer
Removed any Programs recently installed in Control Panel
AdwCleaner
Junkware Removal Tool with JRT
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
ESET online antivirus scan

What is causing this racing without opening any programs?
I don't know what services that might be running that are causing this.
I have stopped whatever programs that I know that are not needed.

As a result of this racing, it is causing excessive heat and am getting Critical Core 0 or Critical Core 3 messages popping up.

A:Racing Windows7 causing critical cores to overheat after booting up

I had the same problem- googled "svchost windows 7 error"- came up with this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2889748

You get a number of hits, including youtube videos on how to fix it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/626754/racing-windows7-causing-critical-cores-to-overheat-after-booting-up/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi everybody

I get windows update error code 2 on installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 on Windows 7, Vista, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 x64 (KB2978128)
I have also some other errors installing Internet Explorer 11.

I have used "sfc /scannow" command but it didn't find any integrity violations. the CBS log is attached.

I have also used SUR and the log file can be found attached to this post.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Windows update error code 2 on installing security update .NETF 4.52

Not as bad as I thought from the file size of the CheckSUR log...

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 626
Found 40 errors
CSI Manifest All Zeros Total count: 40
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ieshims_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ae6c710c2475d6dd.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ieshims_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c5578c400ab73d40.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript9_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ab08cdc647ee4ac0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-extcompat_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_a38eed1960d6da24.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..ersandsecurityzones_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_32ad7426474825c0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ratings_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_455c9a9ecd397534.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ieinstal_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_66663569022097ee.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-extcompat_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_ba7a084d47184087.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-js-debuggeride_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_b8c293a66f3311dc.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ae82eb7016c1044d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_0f2b73186e1db6ad.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_e9bf29ad81612b17.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-gc-registeriepkeys_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_a5b33267944d950c.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-sysprep_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_82715ae744395a3d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..tocolimplementation_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_7fb34fc812514c53.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-sysprep_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_995c761b2a7ac0a0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_910d6ee692a7b589.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c56e06a3fd026ab0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_26168e4c545f1d10.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..etexplorer-optional_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_1680b8a41e440241.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-js-debuggeride_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_a1d7787288f1ab79.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-setup-support_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_439b116ecef783db.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-gc-registeriepkeys_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_8ec81733ae0c2ea9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-versioninfo_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_6605203fbf36f2d9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ratings_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_2e717f6ae6f80ed1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript9_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c1f3e8fa2e2fb123.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-pdm-configuration_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_b72e2fb5a0a8f7b3.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-vgx_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_6b016db5593931ef.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-setup-support_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_2caff63ae8b61d78.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-pdm-configuration_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_ce194ae986ea5e16.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..etexplorer-optional_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ff959d7038029bde.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd6... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/365236-windows-update-error-code-2-installing-security-update-netf-4-52-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Windows Vista SP1 (KB936330) update keeps coming back as important update after installing it several times. I look at updates history and it show the same update already installed several times. Service Pack 1 (KB936330). I don't see update for Service
Pack 2 though. Can someone advice please, I am not sure what to do. I'd appreciate an advice. Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/13040f9f-69e6-472f-82c0-6a04955a1674/windows-vista-sp1-kb936330-update-keeps-coming-back-as-important-update-after-installing-it?forum=itprovistasp
Relevancy 52.46%

I have been having major issues lately with my HP Pavilion DV t laptop running Windows Professional The computer is about years old and has had no issues up until about two weeks ago At the time I started to have trouble loading windows The OS would often Even OS Computer stops the booting 7 Reformatting/Re-installing Windows After fail to load and generate a blue screen error Computer stops booting Windows 7 Even After Reformatting/Re-installing the OS and reboot itself before the windows loading screens had completed cycling through Afterwards the PC would typically fail to start if I rebooted it again and instead prompt me to run windows repair and or system restore At first running those utilities would fix the issue and the computer would work again for a Computer stops booting Windows 7 Even After Reformatting/Re-installing the OS day or two However I found that these problems would just start up again soon afterwards and that I was eventually unable to start up windows at all At this point I was even unable to even boot up safe mode The drivers for safe mode would start to load but then the loading sequence would eventually freeze up and nothing would happen often the computer would just crash after a few minutes After the PC tried to prompt me to do system repair a few times after crashing or producing a BSOD error it eventually would not work anymore and I would have no way to access windows It would also not let me conduct system restore after going through the routine of not loading windows a few times After I got to this point I decided to just go ahead and reformat the whole computer and reinstall windows from scratch Every other option I had such as repairing the current windows installation was not working at that point After I did this and re-installed the OS it appeared to fix the problem at first However the computer ended up having the same issues I had in the first place where windows would not load the not long after I had done a complete reformat reinstall It would then again prompt me to do a system repair system restore like I did before I reformatted the PC only to end up almost completely inoperable soon afterwards Since I first reformatted the PC I have done a reformat reinstall about times only to end up with the same result I should note that it appears that everything runs fine until I go to install the drivers for my ethernet wireless card which is the first driver I need after doing a full re-install Once I get connected to the internet the computer will crash following a BSOD error but then restart and act normal for a while It is not until the next day or about - hours after having the computer shutdown that it will not boot up into windows It doesn't seem to matter if I reboot or shutdown the computer multiple times soon after reformatting it I should also note that I have tried a number of anti-virus anti-spyware programs after re-installing windows to see if that may be causing the issue I ran superantispyware Malwarebytes anti-spyware anti-rootkit Kaspersky anti-rootkit CCleaner and Avast anti-virus but came up with no issues Does anyone think this is a software related issue or that this may be due to a hardware issue I feel that the computer wouldn't turn on at all or wouldn't let me re-install windows in the first place if it was a major hardware issue causing these problems Let me know what you think I could do to help get my PC to work again Thanks

A:Computer stops booting Windows 7 Even After Reformatting/Re-installing the OS

Are you getting any error codes when the computer blue screens? Those would be helpful in narrowing down the cause of the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503134/computer-stops-booting-windows-7-even-after-reformattingre-installing-the-os/
Relevancy 52.46%

I was trying to install a ubuntu distribution to my primary hard drive (along side Windows 7) and at 99% of copying files the setup reported there was not sufficient memory to install backtrack. I cannot boot back into windows 7 as the computer resets before getting past the boot screen (shows 'starting windows' as normal then the screen blacks and takes me back to BIOS).
this process loops unless I select windows repair option, which does not fix the problem.
The Backtrack live CD won't let me delete the new, half-installed partition, so therefore I cannot change the windows partition back to it's usual (small) size of 55GB.

All help would be appreciated as I need windows on my PC for work

Thank you to all in advance.

A:Installing linux distribution has stopped windows 7 booting

To Remove Linux take look at this post:
Error 0xc0000225 on boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/203321-installing-linux-distribution-has-stopped-windows-7-booting.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all really hoping for some help I have been trying to set up my older laptop with a clean install of windows ultimate bit The reason to do this is because I was given a SSD drive and wanted to set up a fresh system This laptop was before running just fine on the breaks update after update Windows installing agent 7.6.7600.320 same windows version but from a HDD My problem is this I run a new setup for windows no problems I run windows update and it starts with updating to a new update agent Version No problems I receive some updates including SP After installing SP I get the mandatory update to update to Update Agent and windows update just breaks When I start it just searches for updates forever but never finds any after hours Now my PC is running the same windows version and updates just fine Also I have tried to do clean installs on several systems and they ALL have the exact same problem I even did installs on all these systems with different W versions Home and PRO and still the exact same problem as soon as Update Agent gets installed it all grinds to a halt I have tried all kinds of solutions I found on the internet including a repair tool from tweaking com Tweaking com Windows update breaks after installing update agent 7.6.7600.320 - Windows Repair Free Pro which combines most solutions suggested like disk and Windows update breaks after installing update agent 7.6.7600.320 file system checks Windows update breaks after installing update agent 7.6.7600.320 I also changed DNS settings to the Google DNS and of course tried the MS Fix it tool and also ran CCCleaner I have tried so many things I don't even remember them all So because the installation on my laptop HDD was running fine before I made an image of that disk and imaged it onto the SSD but still the same problem If I now run W from my old HDD it also doesn't work anymore It all seems so unlogical because my PC is on the same internet connection and has no problems which suggests it's not a router issue It is also not a WIFI issue because if I use the cable from my pc in the laptop it still does not update Hoping for some guidance for which I thank you in advance Edit included my update log if that helps Note in this case I did a clean setup but never connected to the internet I had downloaded the standalone SP and the latest update agent and all installed them offline hoping it would change something Result is exactly the same as when I just did these updates via Windows Update

A:Windows update breaks after installing update agent 7.6.7600.320

Hi Jo123 & welcome to the forum.
Please follow Windows Update Posting Instructions.
Don't think issue is with windows os, it's windows update.
Windows updates are taking an extremely long time.
Some have stated 24-48 hours.
Set your computer to sleep NEVER
Start windows update and be patient.
Patience is a virtue!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/384576-windows-update-breaks-after-installing-update-agent-7-6-7600-320-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have windows vista on my computer and want to install windows 7.Do I have to uninstall vista first and if so how to go about it? thanks splice

A:installing windows7

There is really no such thing as a Windows uninstall, simply reformatting a drive and a clean install to Windows or another OS, or an upgrade of Windows. In short, you can either upgrade from Vista without losing data, or reformat and start fresh.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-windows7.882838/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,

I have a Win2K SP4 (all Critical Updates) laptop that has a weird quirk I noticed recently. I have installed the Security Update KB819696 (Unchecked Buffer in DirectX Could Enable System Compromise) a few times, but it never asks to reboot when finished and will always show up as a critical update even when I have manually rebooted the laptop.

Any idea on what could be causing this and how to solve it? Recently there has been some problems with malware/spyware/adware (which is cleaned) and perhaps something in the registry was corrupted or deleted as a result. Other than that, everything seems to work fine. Thanks for your help.

A:Security Update KB819696 in Windows Update even after installing it.

I've had that happen on more than one occasion. MS eventually fixed the problem but your case may be due to other factors.

Here's what Doug Knox offers:

Usage: Download xp_hotfix_prompt.vbs and save it to your hard drive. Double click the VBS file you downloaded and you'll be prompted to enter the KBxxxxxx or Qxxxxxx number of the Hotfix. No checking is done to see if the Hotfix is actually installed on your system, so its your responsibility to ensure that it is.

Note: I cannot guarantee that this will work for ALL HOTFIXES. Using the tools at my disposal, I have determined how the majority of checking is done for the presence of a particular hotfix. This mechanism may not be the same for all Hotfixes and could change at any time.

This page last updated 09/07/2003 11:29
All material Doug Knox

Download.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/security-update-kb819696-in-windows-update-even-after-installing-it.194899/
Relevancy 52.03%

HI,

Got a really annoying problem. I am having a dual boot machine with Win7 and Kubuntu 10.04 x64. For some reason every time I have been in Kubuntu and try to reboot into Windows, either a lot drivers fail to load at startup and I have to reboot (which normally leads to everything being okay) or Windows crashes doing startup. I have tried to run Chkdsk, which says everything is okay and sfc /scannow which also says everything is okay. After one crash I tried to start up in 'recovery mode' but Windows were unable to repair what ever the problem was. There does not seems to be any problem with Kubuntu!
Anyone having similar problems?
Any help would be really appriciated
Thanks

A:Dual booting Kubuntu/Windows7 fail to load drivers or crash at startup

Quote: Originally Posted by klausindc

HI,

Got a really annoying problem. I am having a dual boot machine with Win7 and Kubuntu 10.04 x64. For some reason every time I have been in Kubuntu and try to reboot into Windows, either a lot drivers fail to load at startup and I have to reboot (which normally leads to everything being okay) or Windows crashes doing startup. I have tried to run Chkdsk, which says everything is okay and sfc /scannow which also says everything is okay. After one crash I tried to start up in 'recovery mode' but Windows were unable to repair what ever the problem was. There does not seems to be any problem with Kubuntu!
Anyone having similar problems?
Any help would be really appriciated
Thanks

Since window (SFC, and chkdsk) seem to indicate Win 7 is ok, and Kubuntu also seems ok, I suspect it is in the boot loader. What/how are you picking the active OS?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/99997-dual-booting-kubuntu-windows7-fail-load-drivers-crash-startup.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My Windows updated today then the download was stuck at I tried to shut down and it continued trying to download the update up Windows after not booting 7 update then shut down after failing to download When I turned it on again I got stuck on the quot Starting Windows quot screen I restarted the PC and ran the Start up repair I then proceeded to going to a restore point Windows Windows 7 not booting up after update then ran normal so I tried to troubleshoot windows updater and ran a disk cleanup to delete the temporary files that were possibly corrupted The update ran normal and was successful Windows asked for a restart because it Windows 7 not booting up after update was an important update Shutting it down made it configure the updates and I was stuck at then I was back to where I started but this time the start up repair was not able to run I was stuck with a blank screen after the quot Windows is loading files quot screen I also tried booting with the Windows disk I ended up stuck again in the quot Starting Windows quot screen Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Windows 7 not booting up after update

Goons,
I had the same problem a few weeks back, during the Windows 7 SP1 installation. After doing a system restore and getting Windows to boot normally I applied the fix it tool listed here;
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Troubleshoot-problems-with-installing-updates

If you are not at SP1 you can download it and run it locally;
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5842

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-not-booting-up-after-update.1052832/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello there :)

Well I am in charge of keeping everyone happy with their laptops and such, and today Windows 7 decided to update itself on my dads laptop.

I leave to go to work, come back, and then get my sister complaining that she can't use the laptop, because it keeps looping.

I have seen this sort of problem before with the same laptop, I managed to fix it last time by using DISM to revert the actions of the Windows Updates.

Either I am doing something different this time around, or its not working as it should. I tried using the dism.exe /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions

It doesn't work, just keeps telling me Error Code 2 Unable to access the Image.

I have another computer to fix too, but am currently stuck with this, I know there is something simple I am doing wrong, so if someone can point me in the right direction, that would be awesome. Cheers!

A:Windows 7 64 Bit not booting after update.

Are you getting a BSOD?

Do you have your Windows 7 CD?

Will Safe Mode work?

Have you tried to do a system restore?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-64-bit-not-booting-after-update-675688.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello. My burner stopped working for some reason so I am attempting to install Windows7 64 from an old external IDE hard drive 2.5. I still have xp 32 and will install W7 on an empty partition or erase the whole disk.
The problem is I don't know how to make the external drive boot the image. The drive itself is connected via USB. I put the image of W7 OS on the external disk but nothing happens. BIOS recognizes it as a USB device but wont boot. I tried windows7 DVD download tool which has an USB option, but it can't see the disk at all, doesn't recognizes it as a USB drive. Then I tried a small utility named Kon-Bot. It saw it as USB drive and created some sort of boot but when I tried to install the OS the installation screen of windows7 didn't come up.Any ideas?

A:Installing Windows7 from external HDD

There's a chip in an external that differentiates it from a flash stick so it won't boot as easily as stick. In fact it's more trouble than its worth. What's simple is to extract the Win7 ISO to the external and run Setup from the XP desktop to overwrite C partition. Everything will end up in a windows.old folder you can delete later. But still back up everything to your external.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/277139-installing-windows7-external-hdd.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Just a quick question. Can windows7 be installed with both graphics cards plugged in for running SLI or should I just have one in and install the other later after the OS is installed.

A:[SOLVED] Installing Windows7 with SLI

I'd suggest asking over in the video card forums: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f24/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-installing-windows7-with-sli-511718.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I just bought a new computer and it came with windows vista. They sent me a windows7 upgrade. After I installed it I've had nothing but problems. It still has windows vista and windows7 on it. Everytime I start my computer it ask me which I want to run. And for some reason its used up all of my backup drive. Is there anyway I can just delete everything and reinstall windows 7? I dont have anything important that I cant lose. Hope someone can give me some info. Thanks

A:Problems after installing windows7

If you have a Windows7 DVD with full version, then you should be able to put that in and chose a clean install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-after-installing-windows7.903322/
Relevancy 51.6%

I always buy my stuff that I need on my German systems in the US. I plan to do the same with Windows7 - buy an OEM license from NewEgg. But with the EU/Opera mess regarding browsers, I wonder whether they will activate a Win7 from the US on my German system. Has anybody already done that and did it work?

A:Installing a US Windows7 in an EU country

If it fails then you could probably use a US based Proxy server.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/69295-installing-us-windows7-eu-country.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,
I am using "ENTER USB2.0 PC CAMERA". When I am installing the driver for the same I am getting the below error.

"The software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

Kindly help on same...

A:USB Webcam not installing in windows7

Hi and welcome to TSF you need to do as advised above contact the hardware vendor

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-webcam-not-installing-in-windows7-677425.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all hope you can help I have had one succesful install of XP over Win beta on my laptop the only hitch was that I had to change the sata drive properties in the bios from AHCI to IDE XP Installing Windows7 over problems first I now have another problem with my fathers PC Installing XP over Windows7 problems he has a new PC with the Intel DP WB mobo did a new install of WIN which all went fine he then decided he didnt like it at all as it would not run many of the programmes he uses or even his printer also Win blue screened all the time untill we removed one bank of GB Ram so the PC is only running on GB in one slot and cant seem to run with both Ram chips intstalled this BTW also happened on my laptop now I have XP installed it runs quite happily again with all GB installed so he wishes to revert back to XP During the process while booting from the XP cd the computer gets to the 'Instal windows XP screen' enter to continue F to quit etc and literally just as it gets to this screen the keyboard lights go out and does not respond at all to any keys being pressed it seems to have been disabled totally It is a USB keyboard I have looked in the bios and the sata hardrive seems to be set fine its a strange bois to work out though One other question as I didnt change the settings on the laptop previous to installing Win beta does Windows adjust your mobo bios settings on its own

A:Installing XP over Windows7 problems

Try this:

SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot
SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/72645-installing-xp-over-windows7-problems.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Each time I try to install RC-1 from the image disk I receive the following message. "Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation." Computer currently is running Vista Ultimate. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great day!

A:Problem installing Windows7 RC1

Upgrade or clean install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/8794-problem-installing-windows7-rc1.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My school has extreme prejudice when it comes to Linux and I just don't have the time between classes to get their temperamental system to love me, I digress:

I want to fully install windows 7 on my laptop, as in get rid of Ubuntu, and I get to the part on the windows 7 installation disk where it shows me the partitions on my hard drive and it says that they are not NTFS and so it cannot be installed on them, I know. My question is if I delete the partition with Linux on it at the windows installer what will happen? Will the partition default back to NTFS? Does windows format it to NTFS? I'm confused and I keep getting mixed answers.
If you need my laptop information, doubt it, I'll post. I'm running:

You are using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS - the Lucid Lynx - released in April 2010 and supported until April 2013.

A:Installing Windows7 While on Ubuntu

You should be able to delete the partition and Windows 7 may have to format it for it to be used as NTFS, if you can get a bootable 98 SE CD you should be able to boot from the CD and just format the C: drive and be good to go if there is nothing you're wanting to save.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/108839-installing-windows7-while-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Alright so recently my OS gave up on me out of the blue and I could't boot into windows anymore.
I put in my W7 CD and ran it from boot, I tried to install Windows over my C: but it gave me an errror.
I then tried formating my C: (SSD 120gig) and now when I try to install Windows 7 on it I get Error Code: 0x80070570, same thing as before.
The computer is brand new and I used the same CD to install windows on it for just 2 weeks ago.

A:Installing windows7- getting errors

Where did you get the Windows 7 DVD from?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/182687-installing-windows7-getting-errors.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello Is anyone doing this On Installing/Using OS Windows7 Pro Xp Office amp or know Installing/Using Office Xp Pro On Windows7 OS if it will work alright as in not cause Win to crash or otherwise cause a problem Since I already have XP Pro and am perfectly happy with not having some of the extra gadgets that come with the newer Office Installing/Using Office Xp Pro On Windows7 OS along with the newer price Installing/Using Office Xp Pro On Windows7 OS I d like to just use what I have I ve been told by one person that it will be fine and to just make sure to quot uninstall quot any Office programs on my Win computer before installing However I ve also been told by someone else a computer store employee that it won t work Please help with this issue I d really like to get Word Excel and Pwr Point back up and running Thanks for the help Dave This computer was purchased quot with quot Windows and a trial version of Office Here s the TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II Dual-Core M AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD M G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway NV Antivirus Norton Internet Security Disabled nbsp

A:Installing/Using Office Xp Pro On Windows7 OS

closing duplicated post - please do not duplicate your posts here

continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/1048757-using-office-xp-pro-windows7.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-using-office-xp-pro-on-windows7-os.1048767/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey it's me Jesus again After this update Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Installation date AM Installation status Successful Update type Important This is a reliability update This update resolves some reliability issues in Windows By applying this update you can achieve better reliability in various scenarios After you install this item you may have booting 7 not Computer update. after into Windows to restart your computer More information An update is available to improve the stability and reliability of Windows Computer not booting into Windows 7 after update. and of Windows Server R Help and Support Microsoft Help and Support I am not able to boot into windows I get to the Windows loading screen and the computer doesn't start It apparently is not liking my overclocked computer all of a sudden which was working fine in Windows for MONTHS I did not change the clock speed It was still the Ghz for my Q The ram is set on auto timing Disabling or enabling EIST and C E doesn't help The computer boots just fine at the default clock of Ghz or when I revert to before the update The computer was booting just fine before that stability update Specs of computer ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name CHRIS-PC Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build win rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer OEM System Model OEM BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode

A:Computer not booting into Windows 7 after update.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jesus

The computer boots just fine at the default clock of 2.66Ghz ...

So let's recap: when you don't use the hardware in a way which pushes it outside its design envelope, then everything is fine. But when you do overclock, then it all goes belly-up.

Hmm.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jesus

The computer was booting just fine before that stability update.

Your dad works in mysterious ways.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/29999-computer-not-booting-into-windows-7-after-update.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Just did a system restore, reboot, back to original factory specs for other unrelated issues.

Trying to get Windows up to date.......

System is:

Desktop PC Gateway FX6850-51
Windows 7 Premium 6.1.7600 Build 7600

Keep getting Error Code #80246008 when trying the updates.
It basically seems to hang the minute I hit the install updates button. The little green flashing status thing moves for 1/2sec then stops. Takes 5-10min to return the failed status. Just seems frozen in the meantime.

No Anti-Virus installed yet.
Everything else I've tried so far is working fine (programs, internet, etc).

Really appreciate the help here, as always. I've donated a few times.

A:[SOLVED] Cannot Get Windows7 (6.1.7600 Build 7600) To Windows Update

Hi, go to start, search and type:- cmd right click on the returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" at the prompt copy paste the below cmds (in red) pressing enter after each one:-

sc config EventLog start= auto

sc config BITS start= delayed-auto

Restart computer, check for updates, let us know how you get on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-cannot-get-windows7-6-1-7600-build-7600-to-windows-update-1011282.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi evry body
I can't Install my printer on Windows7.
however it was succfull installed on Vista.
help !!!

A:Installing HP deskjet 845c on Windows7 !!

The drivers for this printer only went up to XP. You can try installing it in compatibility mode for XP but you might just have to get a newer printer to use with 7.

Compatibility Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/1734-installing-hp-deskjet-845c-windows7.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I was trying to install a new copy of windows on my ASUS laptop through bootable USB device.
I deleted my old drive containing the windows. Now when I am trying to put new windows in that drive it gives error as "driver not found" . Can you please help me in this regard ??

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a new Toshiba X500-10T, can someone advise me if Firefox is suitable for this. I test my website with Firefox etc and did try to install it but the version I downloaded installed but would not run and gave me an error box that asked me to complete my details and send to Firefox, I have had no reply. What version should I be downloading - a link would be apprerciated if any one has a working version on Windows7. I asked Toshiba but told Firefox is not supported by them.

A:Query installing Firefox on Windows7

Firefox will work on any machine. Get version 3.6 RC1. It has better support for windows 7. You can download it here: http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/product...win&lang=en-GB

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/56021-query-installing-firefox-windows7.html
Relevancy 51.17%

any way do do that? this computer has no cd drive or floppy drive, but does support usb.

A:installing windows7 on OSless computer

Here?s a blog I found that proved pretty helpful with this:http://www.blogsdna.com/2016/how-to-instal...s-7-iso-dvd.htmCheers,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226791/installing-windows7-on-osless-computer/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all
I have recenlty taken a Dell Studio Laptop with Windows7, I need to work on Siebel CRM for that I need to install Virtual Machine with XP Proff or Server2003. Could you please suggest how/where should I check for installing this software on Window7.

A:Installing Virtual Machine on Windows7

Are you using Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 SP1, or Windows Virtual PC? The latter's recommended for Windows 7 BTW.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/
P.S: as an alternative, you can also get Windows XP mode at that link.

The steps are for MSVPC 2007 SP1 (don't how much the interface has changed when it went to WVPC, but similar principles should hold)
When you start VPC, you'll get a wizard. If not, click on new and create a new virtual machine. Pick your RAM, your hard drive size, and pick XP.
Pop your Windows XP CD in the drive. Start the virtual machine, and as soon as it start, click on CD, "use physical drive X:" where X is the letter of your CD-ROM drive. Then it should boot from the CD.
When you're all done and Windows XP starts up, click on action, install virtual machine updates. That'll integrate the mouse pointer with the one on your desktop, and allow nifty things like file sharing and shared networking.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installing-virtual-machine-on-windows7-432968.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I bought a new computer with vista home install and I upgraded with windows 7 (my intention was never tu use vista) I create a partition
and try to install my XP professional so i could use both os. I booted from my CD like allways start copyng the file and then will not let me install the XP (blu windows with stupid remarks error 0000etc) is somebody help me please!!!!

A:BSOD when dual installing XP with windows7

Install them in order from oldest to newest, you can't go Vista > 7 > XP

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/12773-bsod-when-dual-installing-xp-windows7.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Query installing Firefox on Windows - I have a new Toshiba X - T can someone advise me if Firefox is suitable for this I test my website with Firefox etc and did try to install it but the version I downloaded installed but would not run and gave me an error box that asked me to complete my details and send to Firefox installing Query on 2 - Windows7 Firefox I have had no reply What version Query installing Firefox on Windows7 - 2 should I be downloading - a link would be appreciated if any one has a working version on Windows I asked Toshiba but told Firefox is not supported by them You may ave noticed that this was posted earlier today It was my question but for some reason showed my sons username Possibly due to the fact that he sent me a linknto this forum ast some time and seemed to remember his account and not mine I did not notice this till after I Query installing Firefox on Windows7 - 2 received the first relies The first suggestion today from fikelfikel was to say - Firefox will work on any machine Get version RC It has better support for windows You can download it here http en-us www mozilla com product win amp lang en-GB And from Tews - Firefox will run on any computer out there The current version available is and is available for download - gt here I followed fikelfikel advise first and had the same problem and received the foillowing message I don't think trying the link suggested by Tews will be any better Any suggestions I don't know if it's a clash with Toshiba new system or what Sorry about the confusion

A:Query installing Firefox on Windows7 - 2

I have just uninstalled Firefox 3.6 RX1 and then tried Tews suggestion, Iinstaled 3.5.7.got the above crash report again. When doing both installs this time I disabled firewall and Norton Antivirus programme - made no difference. Has any other person has this problem? I have completed the Mozzilla Crash reported at least 12 times over a two week period, not had any feedback or help from them.

I am really stuck now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/56117-query-installing-firefox-windows7-2-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

L.S.

I got a BSOD problem after installing Windows 7 on an old machine.
I installed Windows 7 on a new SSD, trying to gain some speed.
It's a dual boot, Win7 and WinXP are on different physical drives.

Could somebody help me?

A:BSOD after installing Windows7 on a new SSD and an old XP-machine

You have some memory corruption, DirectX/Display driver issue, and a PCI IDE Bus Driver issue. This looks like a hardware issue; it is probably memory based on the memory access issues seen in the dump files. Try different memory configurations (use one stick at a time and check different slots) and run the boot version of RAM - Test with Memtest86+ for at least five passes.

If the memory passes, do the following:
1. Backup User and System Files
2. System Restore Point - Create
3. if you do not have a Windows 7 DVD, System Repair Disc - Create
4. run Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

If Windows cannot start in normal mode with driver verifier running, start in safe mode. If it cannot start in safe mode or normal mode, use the system restore point using System Restore OPTION TWO

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/199574-bsod-after-installing-windows7-new-ssd-old-xp-machine.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everybody,

I have the following problem: my system runs on Windows 7 Professional and when I install a program using the default path c:\program files...etc it doesn't allow the program to create it's .log files. If I install it anywhere else the .log files are created without a problem.
If I turn off the UAC it creates the .log files in the default location. My question is: what should I do to get my .log files created without changing the UAC or the folders security options? Does anybody had this problem?

Thanks.
George.

A:Installing a program on Windows7 issue.

There's really no one who could give me an answer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/35153-installing-program-windows7-issue.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all I am currently running windows but I have a licensed copy of windows XP and Vista Currently my PC only has windows installed on a TB SSD I have been considering using my old TB HDD to install windows XP and Vista on different partitions with the option of which one of the three operating systems to boot at start up The reason I want to do this is so that I can stay clued up on as many operating systems as possible and I am even considering installing the dreaded windows as I have no experience on this OS on of windows7 XP Installing thinking old Using HDD safe? My question is this I am fully aware XP is no longer supported by microsoft and so with no updates is Using windows7 thinking of Installing XP on old HDD safe? very vulnerable to attack Will I be compromising my system security by having a seperate HDD with XP installed on it AKA if I Using windows7 thinking of Installing XP on old HDD safe? give XP internet connection and boot it could a virus infect this HDD and also the TB SSD with windows that will also be attached If so is it an option to install the other operating systems but if I don't install the wireless PCI wireless card drivers it cant then connect to the internet will that be safe Your opinions are very much welcomed and appreciated David

A:Using windows7 thinking of Installing XP on old HDD safe?

Yes.....there's always that risk if infection with an outdated/non-supported OS.

Suggestion: Instead of dual/multi booting.....why not just use/set up the 2nd HDD as a VM. Doing all of this through your windows 7....using the 1 TB HDD as storage (D drive) and when setting up the VM just point the VM's to the D drive and allocate 100 GB (what ever you like) for each VM. At least this way you'd isolate your primary C drive from any chance of infection.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/antivirus-firewalls-and-system-security/128281-using-windows7-thinking-installing-xp-old-hdd-safe.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I need help before installing new Windows7. My present configuration is Drive D: WinXP (Home office) 59 GB for general use
Drive F: WinXP (Home Studio) 40 GB for music
Drive C: Win7 RC - have been testing it since RC launch.
Now I want to install a new win7 32-bit . I intend to have more space for it. I plan to merge Drives C and F, format and install win7 on it.
secondly convert Home Office to Home Studio and shrink Drive D to 40GB.
My question is how to do it. My experience is with Win XP. If it were WinXP,I would boot from CD and delete partition / create partition. Is it same with win7. Can I start this way.

A:Help Installing Windows7 and merging two partitions

Quote: Originally Posted by patmos

I need help before installing new Windows7. My present configuration is Drive D: WinXP (Home office) 59 GB for general use
Drive F: WinXP (Home Studio) 40 GB for music
Drive C: Win7 RC - have been testing it since RC launch.
Now I want to install a new win7 32-bit . I intend to have more space for it. I plan to merge Drives C and F, format and install win7 on it.
secondly convert Home Office to Home Studio and shrink Drive D to 40GB.
My question is how to do it. My experience is with Win XP. If it were WinXP,I would boot from CD and delete partition / create partition. Is it same with win7. Can I start this way.

Please fill in your specs, this will allow us to understand your hardware so we can give better answers.

For all the information use this free program:
SIW - System Information for Windows

If you can get a snip or screen shot of Disk Management it will let us see what your trying to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/27668-help-installing-windows7-merging-two-partitions.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Dear all Last week I did a clean install from Windows Vista Home Premium SP bit to Windows Enterprise bit During the process this forum helped me a lot and most of my problems are solved now but Since I installed Windows I noticed that my laptop Dell be seem windows7 to don't installing Fans after working Inspiron Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Gb RAM Intel Chipset is getting very hot on the surface and I don't hear the fans running anymore While using Ableton Live the laptop shut of twice I think of overheating I had contact with Dell Support today who Fans don't seem to be working after installing windows7 said they couldn't help me because I did my own install of Windows but the tech guy told me to do a BIOS update which I did without any results so far I downloaded SpeedFan which tells me my CPU temperature is at rest only Firefox and Media Player opened around C When I want to configure my fans through SpeedFan the program doesn't find any fans to control Has anyone Fans don't seem to be working after installing windows7 else had this problem and if so how can I fix it All help is greatly appreciated

A:Fans don't seem to be working after installing windows7

Quote: Originally Posted by bablo

Dear all,

Last week I did a clean install from Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32 bit to Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit. During the process this forum helped me a lot, and most of my problems are solved now, but... Since I installed Windows 7 I noticed that my laptop (Dell Inspiron 1545, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz, 4 Gb RAM, Intel Chipset) is getting very hot on the surface and I don't hear the fans running anymore. While using Ableton Live 8 the laptop shut of twice, I think of overheating.
I had contact with Dell Support today, who said they couldn't help me because I did my own install of Windows 7, but the tech guy told me to do a BIOS update, which I did, without any results so far. I downloaded SpeedFan which tells me my CPU temperature is at rest (only Firefox and Media Player opened) around 60 C. When I want to configure my fans through SpeedFan the program doesn't find any fans to control.
Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how can I fix it?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome

There is a known issue between some laptops and win 7 64bit. Mine was one of them. Mine is also a dell. I found a neat app solely for dells that handles it. My lapbrick was running at least as hot as yours and now its about 125F. See pic for app and link

Kenn J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/43372-fans-dont-seem-working-after-installing-windows7.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Intel Core i Quad Processor i - GHz Socket LGA MB Boxed Corsair XMS DDR MHz GB CL Kit w x GB XMS modules CL - - - for Core i and i V Intel XMP Gigabyte GA-P -UD P Socket- xDDR ATX GbLAN phase power PCI-Ex x XFX GeForce GTX M MB PhysX PCI-Express quot BLACK quot xDVI HDCP nm MHz Seagate Barracuda TB SATA Gb s MB RPM Samsung DVD RW burner SH-S L BEBE Dual Lightscribe Black IDE Bulk hi guys i got this weird problem i just bought this new computer and every part of it seems to work like it should atleast so i belive and everything is starting nicely and everything is found in bios however when i try to install windows x and when i come to the part where i have to choose which driver to install my windows on it cant find any driver i have no clue whats causing this and im very much in need of some help

A:Can't find driver when installing windows7

Quote: Originally Posted by Tompa

Intel Core? i5 Quad Processor i5-750 2,66GHz, Socket LGA1156, 8MB, Boxed
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz 4GB CL9 Kit w/2x 2GB XMS3 modules, CL9-9-9-24, for Core i5 and i7, 1.65V, Intel XMP
Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3, P55, Socket-1156 4xDDR3, ATX, GbLAN, 4phase power, PCI-Ex(2.0)x16
XFX GeForce GTX 260 666M 896MB PhysX PCI-Express 2.0, "BLACK", 2xDVI, HDCP, 55nm, 666/2000MHz
Seagate Barracuda? 7200.12 1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s, 32MB, 7200RPM
Samsung DVD?RW burner, SH-S222L/BEBE Dual, Lightscribe, Black, IDE, Bulk

hi guys! i got this weird problem. i just bought this new computer and every part of it seems to work like it should (atleast so i belive) and everything is starting nicely and everything is found in bios.
however when i try to install windows 7 x64 and when i come to the part where i have to choose which driver to install my windows 7 on, it cant find any driver.
i have no clue whats causing this and im very much in need of some help.

Tompa

I assume you mean HD (drive). when you start to install win 7 and get to the section for where to put it what does it say below the empty window where the drives should be?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/31066-cant-find-driver-when-installing-windows7.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everybody I just wanted to let everybody know about a serious issue I encountered with several Dell Inspiron quot laptops running Windows I suspect this problem also applies to all Dell Inspiron quot series laptops that are running Windows After running Windows Update early last week around April several of our Inspiron laptops running Windows KB3133977 Update prevented Windows because 15" from 7 booting of 7559 Inspiron would no longer boot They wouldn t even boot into Safe Mode and traditional recovery methods like System Restore and Startup Repair also failed completely The only solution seemed to be to reinstall Windows Before I reinstalled Windows I was able to extract the logs off of two machines using some recovery software Pouring through the logs I narrowed the problem down to about ten potential updates that could have caused this issue After reinstalling Windows on one of the machines I went through and installed each update one at a time and rebooted several times to see if the machine would continue working The system finally failed when I encountered this update Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB So please unless you want your system to be rendered nonfunctional please HIDE update KB and if you are in a corporate environment have your Inspiron 15" 7559 running Windows 7 prevented from booting because of Windows Update KB3133977 IT people disable it completely from your Inspiron quot series laptops until Dell and or Microsoft can resolve this issue This issue involves BitLocker and Inspiron 15" 7559 running Windows 7 prevented from booting because of Windows Update KB3133977 FIPS--if you don t have FIPS enabled or don t know what it is what it s for this update probably doesn t even apply to you KB is for Windows and Windows Server R so these are probably the only two operating systems affected although I don t know why you d run a server OS on a laptop This issue has taken up nearly a week of my time and I m so glad to finally have figured out the problem I hope this write-up helps somebody else who may be encountering this issue --sdo

A:Inspiron 15" 7559 running Windows 7 prevented from booting because of Windows Update KB3133977

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3133977

Is directly related to Drive Encryption so in a corporate environment I would NOT want to block this.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19697429
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone I'm trying to help Windows Issues and Update SP1 update installing my Aunt with an issue with her computer but have ended up at a dead end The initial problem was that she was having problems getting updates including SP to install I have read through Issues installing SP1 and Windows Update update various threads on this board to find tips on this Issues installing SP1 and Windows Update update and most seemed to suggest that I run the System Upgrade Readiness tool But I can't seem to run this either Every time it runs I get a message asking me to install a hotfix KB KB just appears to be the SUR tool but when the install process starts it just hangs up and never finishes Everything I've tried including running the Microsoft diagnostics tool can't fix this I've seen other threads that suggest resetting windows update using a bat file So I tried that as well Now when I run Windows update it says that I need to quot install an update for Windows Update quot But when I try this I get an error message saying an error occurred and quoting error code B I've attached what I think is the CheckSUR log file I seem now to have run out of ideas Any help anyone can give would be most appreciated

A:Issues installing SP1 and Windows Update update

Sometimes you can have better luck by downloading the Service Pack and installing it directly, rather than using Windows Update.

Download: Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

For 32 bit Windows, you need the last file listed. 537 MB

For 64 bit Windows, you need the next to last file listed. 903 MB.

Might help, might not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/248959-issues-installing-sp1-windows-update-update.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Windows 7 showed a notification that there was a problem in the Action Center. It said that there was a driver update and prompted me to download "15.49_nforce_winvista_win7_64bit_international_whql

Now immediately after installing Windows Update wants to update my display driver and four other NVidia drivers.... Any idea what's going on?

How do I tell if 15.49 is the latest and greatest update for my chipset?

My INfo:

Win 7 Home Premium SP1
64 bit version

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide...

A:Windows Update wants to update after installing 15.49_nforce_winvista_

You can check with HP site for your make/model and see what's the latest driver that they have listed. You can go to Nvidia site and use the auto detect or search manually for the latest driver.

HP Pavilion Elite m9517c Desktop PC | HP? Support
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/289839-windows-update-wants-update-after-installing-15-49_nforce_winvista_.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Windows Update launched when I shut my computer down last night and was still at same screen after running all night. I shut computer off and on and still at same screen after 2 hours. Now what?

A:Windows Update hung at installing update 1 of 1

post the file called "windowsupdate.log" which is located in C:\Windows

Also run microsoft fixit tool http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/229224-windows-update-hung-installing-update-1-1-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
My toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows xp home will not boot up. Seems like my Father-in-law let the laptop update and after that no idea what happened.
Tried rebooting through safe mode and that doesn't work. Tried through Dos and that doesn't work. I'm unable to do a backup. Will I have to just reinstall the windows home again? Or is there any other way to get rid of the update and get back to business?
I'm not sure what update it was as I didn't see when he did that!

Thanks and regards

A:[SOLVED] Windows xp home not booting after update

What happens when you try to boot up? Any errors?

Have you tried Last Known Good Configuration?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-xp-home-not-booting-after-update-374685.html
Relevancy 50.74%

If I am reading the upgrade assistant info correctly, I would have to track down all my installation disks for apps even if they are compatible.

I never got around to putting windows 7 on a PC with VISTA, but I did buy it. Would it be worthwhile to upgrade to Windows 7 and then upgrade to windows 8.

E.g., Photoshop elements and Premiere Elements would be very expensive if I cannot find the disks.

A:install windows7 on pc with vista before installing win8

I never got around to putting windows 7 on a PC with VISTA, but I did buy it. Would it be worthwhile to upgrade to Windows 7 and then upgrade to windows 8.

No, but it would be worthwhile doing a clean install.
Clean Install with Windows 8 Upgrade

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/13802-install-windows7-pc-vista-before-installing-win8.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm getting below error trying to install Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool.

Specified path is too long

Appreciate if someone can help.

Thanks

A:Problem installing Windows7 USB/DVD Download Tool

That looks like an outdated tool, and Microsoft doesn't provide downloads anymore (if these use the same).

If you have a retail license than download from Microsoft Software Recovery (only exception)

However, you can try installing the tool to root of C,D,E etc. But I am not hopeful. (the error usually means you have a path with more than 255 chars(?)).

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/374811-problem-installing-windows7-usb-dvd-download-tool.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am trying to install a bit Windows on my bit Vista computer I have run the upgrade advisor thing and it said that it should all work I bought a Family Pack with upgrades and it has both a disc marked quot -bit 32bit Windows7 my Installing on 64bit Vista software quot and one marked quot -bit software quot I want to get the bit windows home premium so I inserted the disk and tried to run the Setup exe but I get an error saying quot The version of this file is not compatible Installing 64bit Windows7 on my 32bit Vista with the version of Windows you're running Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x -bit or x -bit version of the program and then contact the software publisher quot I then tried to run the file as administrator and then get a different error saying E setup exe is not a valid Win application What am I doing wrong here I have already installed of my licences on another computer but then I installed a -bit Windows I know I have to do a clean install to go from bit to bit but shouldn't the disc work on my bit system S

A:Installing 64bit Windows7 on my 32bit Vista

Hello Azryel, welcome to Seven Forums!

There is no upgrade path from 32-bit to 64-bit Windows, it will have to be a clean install; have a look at this tutorial at the link below and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

Do a Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

If you have to upgrade because of data you don't want to lose on Vista you can use the 32-bit disk to do so.

Just to be clear, you have to boot the Windows DVD to do the install, it can't be run from within Windows, have a look at this tutorial at the link below.

How To Change the Drive Boot Priority in BIOS

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/134406-installing-64bit-windows7-my-32bit-vista.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone Toshiba satellite laptop series P Model P500 more off re Satelite installing Windows7 since turns P Model Number PSPGSE Operating System Windows Home Premium edition Following a final crash of the hard disk of origin so I changed the disk and performed a complete re- installation of windows one original and put my original key Subsequently I re installed the driver via the toshiba site the most important so no software provided automatically with the PC when Satelite P500 turns off more since re installing Windows7 purchased and none of which does Satelite P500 turns off more since re installing Windows7 not lack after the Satelite P500 turns off more since re installing Windows7 device manager of interrogation or other warning point More through the site touslesdriver com I added their small scanning software that told me the updated driver missing or not so basic but everything seems normal That windows of finite settling and I started to put the drivers windows never goes out normally menu start stop the session closes and after that churns out quot stop computer quot until ' the blue shield about minutes later one solution or the on off button Only one point drivers arrive at their facility off windows or restart windows but the problem always returned So in normal mode no messages or other information that makes me say that there is a problem but when closing windows here churns in the empty no solution other than the on off button I also tried ms config shutdown all same effect Now in safe mode gives the change Starting and closing of windows that is no problem Then still in safe mode the device driver then show hidden peripherals section quot plug and play quot the only information shocks is an exclamation point on quot Security Processor Loader Driver quot is not visible outside the safe mode No possibility of anything and too much different information on the net that could help me solve this exclamation point and certainly my problem

A:Satelite P500 turns off more since re installing Windows7

Hi

I own P500 too but I use it with new HDD but with original recovery image (Win7 64bit) that I got with it. Why to have such problems as you when I can have perfectly installed OS. What I do after recovery image installation is clean up and OS optimization. I remove all stuff I don't need and disable all useless processes that can slow down my system.
I?m really wondering why you don't do the same and use OS without some installation troubles.

Anyway, after reading your posting I didn?t understand what your problem is but what I can say is follow:
Satellite P500 is fully supported for Win7 so you don't need some third part software for drivers detection and similar useless diagnostics. All necessary drivers, tools and utilities you can find and download from http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp

On this virtual way I cannot say what your problem is and how to fix this. What I know is that all offered drivers on Toshiba download page are tested and are part of original recovery image.
In my opinion either you should reinstall OS using original recovery image and remove all stuff you don't need or install own Win7 again and start to install drivers, tols and utilities from Toshiba download page only.

Installation order:
Windows 7
Intel Chipset SW Installation Utility
Intel Management Engine Interface
Display Driver
Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver
TOSHIBA Supervisor Password Utility
TOSHIBA HW Setup Utility
TOSHIBA Value Added Package
O2 Card Reader Controller
Sound driver
Wireless LAN Driver
Synaptics Touch Pad Driver
TOSHIBA HDD Protection
Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba
LAN Driver
TOSHIBA USB Sleep and Charge Utility
TOSHIBA Face Recognition
TOSHIBA eco Utility
TOSHIBA HDD/SSD Alert 3
HDMI Control Manager
ConfigFree
TOSHIBA Assist
TOSHIBA Web Camera Application

Bye and good luck

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?75068-Satelite-P500-turns-off-more-since-re-installing-Windows7
Relevancy 50.74%

Need in some serious help bought a SSD drive and i simply cannot put it into AHCI mode i've flashed the drive updated firmware usb help driver AHCI via Installing for windows7 bootup done a secure erase i've switched the ahci mode in the bios to ide raid and ahci mode but it just simply will not use the drive in this mode it doesn't recognise it it doesn't see it wont let me use it in this mode i've got ahci drivers from the motherboard disk but Installing AHCI driver for windows7 help via usb bootup i have absolutely no idea on how to get these drivers installed from a usb on bootup i've followed a tone of instructions and spent hte last days trying to install the AHCI drivers and every time i've copied the drivers onto the usb rebooted the system it still will not see the USB to install i've even tried to to boot up to dos via start up and it will not see Installing AHCI driver for windows7 help via usb bootup the usb drive to install the drivers Tutorials up the buttocks for intel but when it comes to AMD chipsets for Nforce there is absolutely nothing to show you on how to get this driver installed I've plugged it correctly into the AHCI RAID only sata ports and it still will not see it when its in IDE mode no farkin problem except its read write speed is and not even half of the MB speeds its support to be getting Its a OCZ VERTEX GB SSD and my motherboard is an ASUS M N TD Sli motherboard I need help in getting these drivers installed if i can get them installed via the bios im sure i can get this thing to work properly but i have no idea how to do that especially since i dont have a floppy drive or even any floppy anymore i mean who the hell even uses that crap anymore maybe years ago yea ANY ANY HELP would be apreciated i looked on so many forums looked on asus forums cant find ANYTHING on how to get the driver installed to the bios and you guys are my last hope b i return or sell the thing on ebay Just as a side note changing the registry in windows from a to a doesn't work because the bios wont even bootup doesn't recognise the drive in AHCI mode hence why i need to know how to install it to the bios when i try to install windows in AHCI mode it says the controller isn't available or supported for this device make sure the controller has been enabled via the bios thanks for any replys

A:Installing AHCI driver for windows7 help via usb bootup

vackillers, welcome to the Seven Forums.

You have it connected to SATA port 5 or 6? If not that would be why it isn't working. from the manual for your motherboard,

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/173182-installing-ahci-driver-windows7-help-via-usb-bootup.html
Relevancy 50.31%

The most annoying feature of dual booting or indeed running a different Windows version in a VM is that Windows updates have to update, booting - Windows dual automation? Windows 7 with be done for each Windows update, dual booting with Windows 7 - automation? OS if I want to keep both OS versions current and secure On the second OS which may be used just occasionally the entire cycle of download Windows update, dual booting with Windows 7 - automation? installation and then restart and configuration of the updates can take Windows update, dual booting with Windows 7 - automation? a long time This obviously can disrupt work or the updates have to be manually interrupted and delayed for another day when the second OS attempts to finish the updates giving a further wait before the system can be used Windows can schedule the updates to be done out of hours but forces a restart a day or so later Windows forces the restart sooner Has anyone a script to schedule an update of the other OS following quot patch Tuesday quot when either one of the OSs has done an automatic update - with either version acting as an updates server for the other OS Here's the scenario I'd like Windows receives automatic update downloads for itself and then for the other OS and at a scheduled time installs its own updates then shuts down starts the other OS which installs its own updates and then restarts and completes the installation Now the Windows system restarts completes the configuration of the updates for itself and then the system is ready for use the next day Now if the active system at the time of update is Windows the same procedure takes place with Windows as the other OS The net result of this would avoid the wasted time situation when the other OS has updates pending and you just want to use the second OS for a quick operation or to check out something

A:Windows update, dual booting with Windows 7 - automation?

Something like this? To fully automate it, one can replace the prompts with SendKeys...

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/47768-windows-update-dual-booting-windows-7-automation.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My g7-1260us will not restart after installing the Windows 10 version 1511 update (KB3192441). The notebook powers up but is stuck in the looping graphic. Windows never opens. Any suggestions on what to do? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/G7-1260us-not-booting-after-Windows-10-version-1511-update/td-p/5807255
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello everyone I m hoping some one can help me with a situation I have While recently using Nero s suite of programs I encountered a screen indicating several programs had newer versions and that I should update before continuing I then updated the programs The update process required a system reboot to complete the update since part of the update process could not be completed while the system was running After clicking on the quot Reboot Now Button quot the system went through a normal shutdown and start up process However after displaying the Windows screen the system hung and I never saw the Windows Logon screen At this point booting complete update after Windows software fails 7 to I powered down and restarted the computer The computer displayed the quot Windows did not shutdown properly last time quot screen during the loading process I then selected to Windows 7 fails to complete booting after software update finish booting in SAFE Mode The computer then booted successfully and I was able to exercise the system I then attempted to restart the computer from SAFE MODE but again encountered the quot hanging quot condition I again attempted to reboot and once again received the quot Windows did not shutdown properly last time quot screen Since booting into SAFE MODE hadn t solved the problem I attempted to boot into SAFE MODE with networking This caused the system to again quot hang quot In summary I am able to boot into all but the SAFE MODE with networking capability which reproduces the problem Since SAFE MODE failed to resolve the issue I attempted to boot from a Windows Installation DVD After successfully loading from I selected the quot Repair your Computer quot option which then located the Windows system and attempted to repair the error After completing the system repair I again attempted to restart the system thinking the repair had been successful However the computer again quot hung quot without displaying the Windows Logon screen I then used an external USB drive containing Fedora to successfully boot the computer This has allowed me to quot poke quot around on the hard drive containing the Windows system I ve examined the failing drives partition tables to see if during the updating process the drive had become corrupted Upon examination of the drive s partition table I could not find any apparent errors The following screen shot shows the partition contents of the Windows drive nbsp Screenshot- TB Hard Disk ATA WDC WD EARS- MVWB -dev-sda Disk Utility png nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads The contents of the SYSTEM partition is shown in the following screen shot nbsp Screenshot-SYSTEM- png nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads There are two directories on the SYSTEM partition that I found interesting The following shows the contents of the Boot and Temp directories nbsp Screenshot-Boot- png nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp Screenshot-Temp- png nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads I have been able to examine the BCD BCD Backup BCD LOG and BOOTSTAT Dat files using a HEX capable editor and can provide copies of any or all of the files The Temp directory originally indicated it was empty on the directory tree but when I clicked on the directory I discovered what appear to be the log files that were generated during the attempt to repair the system when I loaded from the Windows Installation DVD The following files were located in the Temp directory nbsp bcdinfo txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp disklayout txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp SrtTrail log nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp SrtTrail txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp bootfailure txt nbsp nbsp bytes nbsp nbsp downloads The bootfailure txt and SrtTrail txt files cannot be opened except by using an editor with HEX capability The SrtTrail txt file contained xFF and xFE as the first two bytes of the file Every other byte of the file was x I removed the x values and replaced the xFF and xFE values with x D and x A and saved the results a... Read more

A:Windows 7 fails to complete booting after software update

I then selected to finish booting in SAFE Mode. The computer then booted successfully and I was able to exercise the system.Hi -Did you have an option to select "Last Known Good Configuration ..." or whatever your system usually has, as well as Safe Mode ??This is always the better option to select first if available -Or was Safe Mode (with or without Networking) your only options -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458921/windows-7-fails-to-complete-booting-after-software-update/
Relevancy 50.31%

- days ago system asked me to install some security update I said ok it was kb or something Ever since this was done system booting has become super slow It takes almost - minutes for the lappy to boot earlier it took around - mins It goes on amp on since ever Super Slow update Security Windows booting at first with the windows logo I begin to think may be system hanged then I get a black screen for a few secs then comes the quot Please Wait quot then quot Welcome quot - it gets stuck with the welcome msg for a little while again a black screen for - secs then I get into the desktop screen with the WP amp etc This doesn't stop here I always have my desktop complete blank I mean it - I prefer no icons in the desktop as I recall some one once saying having icons on desktop can slow up your system at start up especially I don't have any icons in my desktop including Recycle Bin I don't want them either Earlier when I used to get the desktop screen within a few secs Start Menu used to be ready displaying Super Slow booting ever since Windows Security update all the options but now all I see is a blank menu with only link to quot All Programs quot I've already scanned system with Avira Ad-Aware there was one Trojan yesterday amp it was removed as well Still I had super slow loading today as well I would really appreciate if I could improve my system's booting process I don't want to loose my data with a fresh OS reinstall

A:Super Slow booting ever since Windows Security update

Try cleaning out all temp files. Please download TFC by Old Timer TFC - Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer - Geeks to Go Forums and save it to your desktop.
Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista/Windows 7 right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/308577-super-slow-booting-ever-since-windows-security-update.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Not from, but to. It's do-able I know, but would it just utterly kill performance? Has anyone tried this?

A:Installing Windows7 to an external USB2 connected drive

Why do you want to install to an external?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/165739-installing-windows7-external-usb2-connected-drive.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I decided to format my custom computer after years I had used it but now it countinuosly crashs One month ago I upgraded my Windows system to the new one windows After that I decided to go back to windows ultimate and I do it not downgrading but by to Windows7 installing install BSOD software format and or after using formatting and re-installing the windows utimate operating system After that I'm having a lot of problems when I download or open some programs like skype chrome steam Origin or also trying to intall windows upgrades I tried changing the windows installer or doing a reset of the CMOS of both of the BIOSs I trying also switching the RAMs and also disconnecting the hard disks where wasn't istelled the OS Also I tried installing the OS into a different hard disk than the ssd but nothing changed Yesterday night i had to repair a windows service the group policy client services by using regedit but it not helping BSOD installing or using software after to format and install Windows7 at all what else can be done I don't know if it is a hardware or a software problem I only know it was working until the format Thank you in advance With love Amensia

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383790-bsod-installing-using-software-after-format-install-windows7.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I realize that w7 is no longer supported but I liked it. Like many I went for the w10 upgrade which I now use. I would like to still have w7 on another drive as an alternative O/S. I have the original w7 dvd and want to know if it will update to the time support was stopped for
w7 or will only load the original version.

A:will an old windows7 o/s still update

I wasn't aware w7 was no longer supported. My w7 updated only this morning.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/will-old-windows7-os-still-update-4607352/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello Yesterday my laptop overheated so I put it in a position to repair Update Windows Laptop into booting keeps after Startup failed cool off and turned it on again minute later I went away and when I came back it was off It clearly overheated again I put it near my window and booted it up again and it booted into Startup Repair and ran its auto-fix Which failed and I went into System Recovery Options and I remembered that before it overheated the first time a Windows Update was qued I figured it must have overheated Laptop keeps booting into Startup repair after failed Windows Update the second time during the Windows Update I tried restore points and kept getting this error quot An unspecified error occured during System Restore x b quot However upon closer examination the System Restore Options is telling me this quot Operating System Windows on D Acer quot Laptop keeps booting into Startup repair after failed Windows Update Note the D - because I know for a fact my Laptop keeps booting into Startup repair after failed Windows Update OS is indeed on D I checked using Command Prompt The problem is System Restore is trying to restore the C when it should be doing D I believe this to be the problem I was wondering whether it is or isn't the problem and how do I get System Restore to restore the D and not the C I have no backup disks of any kind so my personal files hang in the balance Thank you Lord Castabarus

A:Laptop keeps booting into Startup repair after failed Windows Update

Never mind, I've screwed it up even more now and it says winloaded.exe is unverified digital signature ect.

I'm just gonna buy a Windows 7 Repair Disk and hope it doesn't delete my files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/341633-laptop-keeps-booting-into-startup-repair-after-failed-windows-update.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have a laptop that is having problems connecting to PC Update is missing up/Windows Service slow/problems booting the internet with wireless I can connect if I run a cable to my computer but if I try to do it wirelessly I often can t attach I also randomly get error messages about the hard PC is slow/problems booting up/Windows Update Service missing drive not being available The whole computer is slow and when I do get online windows pop up from time to time Windows Update was disabled also I followed the instructions from a Microsoft knowledge base article to try and enable it and instructions I found at bleepingcomputer com My antivirus program has found a bunch of stuff and fixed some It said it needed to reboot and when Windows came up there were some strange errors Gamer wouldn t run I attached a screen print of what it kept doing I really appreciate your help Thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C ProgramData FLEXnet Connect ISUSPM exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files x Sprint Sprint SmartView SprintSV exe C Program Files x Sprint Sprint SmartView RDVCHG exe C Program Files x SelectRebates SelectRebates exe C Program Files x TotalRecipeSearch bar bin brmon exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x AVG SafeGuard toolbar vprot exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe C Program Files x Brownie brpjp a exe C Program Files x Brownie brpjp a exe C Program Files Sony Corporation SmartWi Connection Utility CCP exe C Program Files Sony Corporation SmartWi Connection Utility SmartWi exe C Program Files Sony Corporation SmartWi Connection Utility PowerManager exe C Program Files Sony Corporation SmartWi Connection Utility ThirdPartyAppMgr exe C Program Files Sony Corporation SmartWi Connection Utility UIManager exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan McUICnt exe C Users Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home mywebsearch com index jhtml n DE amp p YK xdm YY us amp ptb B D -FB E- F -B - FD E R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - a d - d- b -b a- b b f d - C Program Files x TotalRecipeSearch bar bin SrcAs dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - MRI DISABLED - no file O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO CrossriderApp - - - - - - C Program Files x Shopping Sidekick Plugin Shopping Sidekick Plugin dll O - BHO CrossriderApp - - - - - - C Program Files x weDownload Manager Pro weDownload Manager Pro-bho dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Swift Browse - dc c-d b- fba-a b - a df - C Program Files x Swift Browse SwiftBrowsebho dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO no name - B C- C F- BF -B - A - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Toolbar B... Read more

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I have a HP Pavillion dv Laptop on which I originally had Windows Vista Home Basic bit OS It came installed with Nvidia GeForce go graphics card and worked fine Vista eventually died Nvidia bit 32 card Windows7 GeForce after 7400 installing not working and i upgraded the OS to Windows Home Premium bit Everything works fine but the Nvidia card is Nvidia GeForce 7400 card not working after installing Windows7 32 bit not getting detected and is not working The system shows only resolutions x and x running on Standard VGA Adapter when i know it should have x resolution and much better clarity I have tried everything Installed NVIDIA Drivers Beta and restarted machine it installs but when i restart it crashes blue screen and keeps restarting in the loop unless i start up in Safe mode and uninstall the Nvidia driver I also tried installing NVIDIA Drivers Beta and modify the inf file by using Nvidia MobilityModder program Again the same result I read some previous articles on this forum for this issue which worked for a sony vaio laptop and mine is HP but tried it anyway installed driver and modded INF from this link NVIDIA Forceware Released - News - LaptopVideo Go Forums downloaded the driver the inf file and inserted modified inf into the driver folder and run the setup exe file Restarted the machine but the same blue screen again No success and same result every time Please help if someone knows a recent fix for this problem Thanks

A:Nvidia GeForce 7400 card not working after installing Windows7 32 bit

Hi Jeeten, Welcome to the forums , Download the Vista driver from HP ,Install in compatibility mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/281914-nvidia-geforce-7400-card-not-working-after-installing-windows7-32-bit.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey everyone I need urgent help with my laptop First today I've been using my laptop - Lenovo G s with Windows x and then electricity in whole city fall out for a moment any my laptop turned off because I am not using laptop with battery inserted at home Electricity fall issue - after Boot partitions when installing power Windows7 no outage off happend before of course but this time it was different When I turned on my laptop it started to make wierd Boot issue after power outage - no partitions when installing Windows7 not very loud noise like times beep like when the truck is reversing a bit slower And I recieved this error find --set-root --ignore-floppies --ignore-cd webaolu Error File not found Press any key to continue So when I press key First opinions return to same error as mentioned above and last two are consoles After I try to reboot using console command quot reboot quot it reboots the computer and it stuck at quot Lenovo quot welcome screen and it stays forever on the screen I've found a lot of threads of this but always helped Windows Repair from installation disc but when I enter disc and set CD DVD mechanic as first priority in BIOS it doesnt load the disc and doesnt even show quot press key to boot from disc quot message The only thing it shows is black background with blinking - symbol and after while it returns back to the error above Yes I bought this laptop without OS it has MS-DOS I guess But I managed to boot Windows Installation disc from USB drive Everything's going fine it loads up the installer and I begin installation but when it prompts me where to install OS there are no choices partitions and the field is blank - the setup is asking for some drivers What can be problem that the partitions are not showing Where to get drivers Maybe can help but always when I attempt to reboot system via Windows setup it stuck on quot Lenovo quot welcome screen and nothing happend for very long time and I must quot force shut-off quot by pressing and holding power button Commands like bootrec fixmbr and bootrec fixboot DOES NOT showing any effect Time for new hdd NOTE Hard disc drive is DETECTED in BIOS and in device priority Using original Seagate TB quot - st lm - ej

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/396002-boot-issue-after-power-outage-no-partitions-when-installing-windows7.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Just recently purchased a Cyberpowerpc Fang Evo Liquidcool desktop that has Windows 7 already. I am having trouble with the actual installation of 7 with the disk that came in the box with my motherboard, because it seems to not be able to locate the drivers needed.

Desktop Specs-
P8Z68-V Lx motherboard
Processor Type: Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4 GHz
8GB DDR3
Hard Drive Capacity: 1TB
Graphics Controller: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 1GB

A:Trouble installing Windows7 64bit on w/ Asus P8Z68-V LX motherboard

As the new MOBO's has a uEFI BIOS.
How to install Windows 64 bit on a uEFI BIOS:
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with

uEFT BIOS setup:
ASUS Sabertooth P67 Motherboard EFI BIOS - YouTube

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/218064-trouble-installing-windows7-64bit-w-asus-p8z68-v-lx-motherboard.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My Dell Laptop came with Windows Vista Home Premium I didn't get any Windows Disk but there is a Windows Vista Recovery partition from which I can restore laptop to the condition it was when I first got it It has only partitions the system partition and recovery partition Now I want to install Windows I tried to shrink the system partition so I can save the Vista installation programs and data Installing without recovering removing partition Vista (DELL) Windows7 and install Win for a dual boot but I can only get GB even though HDD capacity is GB and free space is more than GB I like to have the ability of restoring my laptop anytime to its original condition with Vista Basically - I need to install Win and use it regularly - Want to have the ability to restore that to its factory settings Don't want to harm the Installing Windows7 without removing Vista recovering partition (DELL) Recovery partition amp ability to recover from it - Optionally Better if I can dual boot the default Vista with my new Win Shrinking won't help because it doesn't give enough space can I use Norton Ghost or something like that to save my original HDD image But then I will have it saved somewhere else not in my own Laptop if I had to remove the recovery partition and format the disk again Please give me my options and tools which I can use Thank you very much

A:Installing Windows7 without removing Vista recovering partition (DELL)

Installing Windiws 7 may/may not make the Dell Recovery Partition unusable.

How to use Dell Recovery Partition,make Recovery Disks & how to order Recovery Disks.
Dell - Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/190504-installing-windows7-without-removing-vista-recovering-partition-dell.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Windows continually fails to update this module:
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2952664) -I have retried over and over, it continues to fail.
Error in windows update is:
Error: "WindowsUpdate_00003701" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
So far there has been no solution provided.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b49b8eaa-3101-4ce8-815a-1f1ebf05bce5/windows-update-fails-installing-update-for-windows-7-for-x64based-systems-kb2952664-with-error?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 49.45%

how do i update from windows7 to windows10 please help me out.

A:how do i update from windows7 to windows10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 simply follow instructions

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/how-do-i-update-from-windows7-to-windows10/td-p/402623
Relevancy 49.45%

how do i update from windows7 to windows10 please help me out.

A:how do i update from windows7 to windows10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 simply follow instructions

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/how-do-i-update-from-windows7-to-windows10/td-p/402623/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, im new to the forum so please provide a helping hand.

I use got my computer built yesterday.. and already with problems =(

Been having problems updating window 7 with: KB971033, KB978637, KB979306

I was looking through other posts and tried running the Windows system readiness tool. Didn't work. I also tried running the sfc /scannow and after 61% completed i recieved an message saying "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation"

What do I do??

Here are my CBS logs. Please provide some guidance!

Thanks,
J

A:Another windows7 update problem..

You have to change corrupted componnets whom CheckSur.log report.I don't have all components reported in logs.Please find COMPONENTS file in C:\Windows\System32\config,copy it to any location (but do not remove it!),pack it to .7z or .rar format and upload on RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/74773-another-windows7-update-problem.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Generally, how do I know when drivers need to be updated? Today, I got this prompt to download a scan function which subsequently informed me I needed to update a couple of drivers. Before doing any upgrade, however, a payment was needed.

Won't my daily Windows Update let me know about necessary driver updates?

A:Windows7 Drivers update?

Most likely all fake. Did you download what you call "scan function"? Did you install it? Please post screenshot. Most likely.... it's a virus!

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/290792-windows7-drivers-update.html