Windows Support Forum

Best anti-virus programs that monitors servers?

Q: Best anti-virus programs that monitors servers?

That monitors your server and network activities? thank you if anyone could recommend me some.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Best anti-virus programs that monitors servers?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Best anti-virus programs that monitors servers?

McAfee Anti-virus Security is the best one. It monitors the websites and you can block certain websites too, you can also choose whether to perform full scans or quick scans. It quarantines and tracks cookies & it also prevent hacking from all around the world

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-anti-virus-programs-that-monitors-servers.133475/
Relevancy 76.11%

Antivirus vanished Can t install ANY new one Can t access microsoft and any anti virus sites thus i cannot download or scan my computer from there I tried to install a copy of avast pro but the set- up immediately close after opening i also noticed a lot of programs behaving like this just like the bandmaster game from e games and Grand Theft Auto Vice City once i opened it it immediately closes Tried to install that in safe mode but the computer does not start and reboots back into normal mode banished.can't and sites!!!... install programs, virus anti any microsoft anti virus acces can't virus anti This is the content of DDS logDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by neopc at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k AkamaiC anti virus banished.can't install any anti virus programs, can't acces microsoft and anti virus sites!!!... WINDOWS anti virus banished.can't install any anti virus programs, can't acces microsoft and anti virus sites!!!... system svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files KGB Mpk exeC Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exeC Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exeC WINDOWS PixArt PAC Monitor exeC Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exeC Program Files Uniblue DriverScanner driverscanner exeC Program Files Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC sump exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exeC DOCUME neopc LOCALS Temp winpotb exeC Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster registrybooster exeC Program Files Opera opera exeC Documents and Settings neopc Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp home mywebsearch com index jhtml ptnrS ZNxmk YYPH amp ptb FvlAeU IwLE BzCRLuPO A amp n cfddaduURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO IDMIEHlprObj Class c - - b-a bf- b c a a - c program files internet download manager IDMIECC dllBHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c documents and settings all users application data real realplayer browserrecordplugin ie rpbrowserrecordplugin dllBHO Yahoo IE Services Button bab b b- bc- b - d - fc de a - c program files yahoo common yiesrvc dllTB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllTB A A -BACC- D -C E- F D A EC - No FileuRun Yahoo Pager quot c program files yahoo messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quietuRun IDMan c program files internet download manager IDMan exe onbootmRun TrueImageMonitor exe c program files acronis trueimagehome TrueImageMonitor exemRun AcronisTimounterMonitor c program files acronis trueimagehome TimounterMonitor exemRun Acronis Scheduler Service quot c program files common files acronis schedule schedhlp exe quot mRun PAC Monitor c windows pixart pac Monitor exemRun KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kmRun SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEmExplorerRun Mpk exe c program files kgb Mpk exemPolicies-system EnableLUA x IE amp Search - http edits mywebsearch com toolbaredits menusearch jhtml s amp p ZNxmk YYPH amp si amp a FvlAeU IwLE BzCRLuPO A amp n IE Download all links with IDM - c program files internet download manager IEGetAll htmIE Download FLV video content with IDM - c program files internet download manager IEGetVL htmIE Download with IDM - c program files internet download manager IEExt htmIE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXC... Read more

A:anti virus banished.can't install any anti virus programs, can't acces microsoft and anti virus sites!!!...

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logCasey

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/363079/anti-virus-banishedcant-install-any-anti-virus-programs-cant-acces-microsoft-and-anti-virus-sites/
Relevancy 70.95%

Quote:
Since yesterday, Kaspersky anti-virus software is apparently causing serious problems in some corporate environments. There have been complaints in forums (German language link) from administrators of servers running with Kaspersky Anti-Virus about high system load ? high enough in some cases to stop the whole system. The reports concern Windows server with Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition, whether other versions are affected is unclear.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus cripples Servers - The H Security: News and Features

A:Kaspersky Anti-Virus cripples Servers

Forefront would be the better choice for this OS! Microsoft Forefront: Overview

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/120341-kaspersky-anti-virus-cripples-servers.html
Relevancy 70.95%

On my file server, I want to get an anti-virus installed for obvious reasons. Can anybody recommend any free and efficient anti-virus program that work on Windows Server 2008?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recommend-any-free-anti-virus-for-servers.975633/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello everyone.

I have tried my best to remove this virus on my laptop, but no success yet.

Here are all of the things the virus does:

-Prevents access to websites like spybot, instead of letting me see the site, it simply says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage", and there is a button to click that says "Diagnose Connection Problem" (no connection problem of course)

-When I click links from a google search, they most of the time take me to the wrong webpage and I am forced to copy/paste the original link into the web bar.

-Programs like Combofix, Spybot, and HJT do not work and a box comes up after starting them saying "Combofix has stopped working".

-I tried running the programs in Safe Mode, but no luck there.

If anyone knows a fix please reply.

Thanks,

Sean

A:Virus prevents access to Anti-Virus sites/anti-virus programs (combofix, etc.)

I renamed my Combofix to something else and I followed the instructions from a different post and here is the log I ended up with:

ComboFix 09-07-29.04 - Sean 07/31/2009 0:30.1.2 - NTFSx86
Microsoft? Windows Vista? Home Premium 6.0.6001.1.1252.1.1033.18.3070.2059 [GMT -7:00]
Running from: c:\users\Sean\Desktop\Music.exe
SP: Windows Defender *enabled* (Updated) {D68DDC3A-831F-4FAE-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

c:\progra~2\MICROS~1\Windows\STARTM~1\Programs\videosoft
c:\progra~2\MICROS~1\Windows\STARTM~1\Programs\videosoft\Uninstall.lnk
c:\program files\videosoft
c:\program files\videosoft\Uninstall.exe
C:\resycled
c:\resycled\boot.com
c:\windows\10057vir9sza2.cpl
c:\windows\1059zpamb5t5bd.exe
c:\windows\1069thi5fz912.bin
c:\windows\1075859zj467.exe
c:\windows\11297vzr5s51c.cpl
c:\windows\1132z5ru977d.cpl
c:\windows\11388troz4559.cpl
c:\windows\1179zs5y695.dll
c:\windows\11991szambo95d9.cpl
c:\windows\120355zoj6819.bin
c:\windows\12324tr9j7b5z.bin
c:\windows\1279zroj295.ocx
c:\windows\12a7d5wnloader999z.bin
c:\windows\132985pz2a0.cpl
c:\windows\133505i9us7z8.exe
c:\windows\13552hackt9ol37z.ocx
c:\windows\1355zw59m5d8.exe
c:\windows\13562vizus1059.cpl
c:\windows\135759orm5c5z.ocx
c:\windows\13599virus6cz5.dll
c:\windows\13614spamzo5990.cpl
c:\windows\13956trojz59.cpl
c:\windows\1502zspy169.ocx
c:\windows\15107zpa9bot54.cpl
c:\windows\153255acz9ool441.ocx
c:\windows\154atz9ef1143.dll
c:\windows\15529viruszb2.exe
c:\windows\156thzef5495.dll
c:\windows\15ze9ir1395.dll
c:\windows\1639thizf1511.bin
c:\windows\165395pambot6z9.ocx
c:\windows\16640zack59ol120.cpl
c:\windows\1683h9zktool65.dll
c:\windows\16f4threz99552.ocx
c:\windows\173zspa5b9t258.exe
c:\windows\17511wor53e9z.exe
c:\windows\17552notza-viru9239.bin
c:\windows\179z5spy6e7.cpl
c:\windows\17z91s5y9a.dll
c:\windows\18084z9rus1325.cpl
c:\windows\184479iruze5.dll
c:\windows\190065py7z4.dll
c:\windows\19276spz5bot319.exe
c:\windows\19549z5cktool21b.bin
c:\windows\1955zworm6d2.exe
c:\windows\19699vir5s86z.cpl
c:\windows\19759vizus354.bin
c:\windows\197919pzm5ot65b.bin
c:\windows\19955azk9ool6f.cpl
c:\windows\19z45pyware19049.exe
c:\windows\19z45v5rusad.bin
c:\windows\19z719ot-a-virus2f5.dll
c:\windows\1a45thi9fz682.dll
c:\windows\1a5bbackdozr9355.dll
c:\windows\1a89zir31995.exe
c:\windows\1af1b5ckdzor795.bin
c:\windows\1c879ackdzor12675.dll
c:\windows\1ca7s5zrse2199.ocx
c:\windows\1d37ad9wzre952.cpl
c:\windows\1f87backzoor98025.ocx
c:\windows\1z259spy19f9.dll
c:\windows\1z665viru5692.dll
c:\windows\1z939not-a9virus4545.ocx
c:\windows\20390szy557.ocx
c:\windows\20926notza-vir5s69f.cpl
c:\windows\20e2zhreat31459.bin
c:\windows\20e3sz9ware26365.ocx
c:\windows\2101859zm4f1.exe
c:\windows\2159spz492.exe
c:\windows\215fthie9276z.ocx
c:\windows\21ac9pa5se141z.ocx
c:\windows\2203zspy69d5.dll
c:\windows\2210ztr595a2.bin
c:\windows\227asp5war9283z.cpl
c:\windows\2282zha9ktool155.ocx
c:\windows\24259spambot40z.dll
c:\windows\242z5p9rse852.cpl
c:\windows\24524zo9m512.cpl
c:\windows\24555spambotz949.cpl
c:\windows\24654vi9u5z45.exe
c:\windows\2490zsp575f9.cpl
c:\windows\24991n5tza-virus6b3.dll
c:\windows\249bvzr2565.cpl
c:\windows\24bbdownloa9e5z959.bin
c:\windows\25087worm19z5.bin
c:\windows\25295tro5zcd.ocx
c:\windows\253worm3z9.bin
c:\windows\2549not-a-9irus5zc.cpl
c:\windows\25544not-a-vir9s4z.bin
c:\windows\25824v5ru9zef.ocx
c:\windows\25e3downloaderz918.exe
c:\windows\25z44s9y14d.ocx
c:\windows\25z9spywa5e957.dll
c:\windows\26553nzt-a-vir9s455.cpl
c:\windows\26579troz549.dll
c:\windows\265z7sp92c7.dll
c:\windows\26779notz5-virus558.bin
c:\windows\268z09irus659.exe
c:\windows\26a3t5re9tz6630.dll
c:\windows\26zethrea922235.dll
c:\windows\27272hac9toolz5c5.ocx
c:\windows\272z4spy95d.bin
c:\windows\27432ha95toolz5b.dll
c:\windows\27z615a9ktool781.dll
c:\windows\282... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/virus-prevents-access-to-anti-virus-sites-anti-virus-programs-combofix-etc-400256.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Camera Wizard not poping up after removing Total Security Antivirus Pro I have a PC with Windows XP SP with Avast SuperAnti-Spyware and MBAM while browsing I got a yellow virus warning something win I believe from Avast pop rogue Pro_2010 and to Help Total Anti-Virus Security remove anti-virus programs up near the bottom tray and within seconds the Total Security pop-ups started My PC slowed to a stop so I rebooted and saw that Antivirus Pro had installed itself on my PC All my Anti Help to remove Total Security and Anti-Virus Pro_2010 rogue anti-virus programs Virus programs would not start ie MBAM so I ended up following forums to end some processes delete some dll files that were known to be malicious and rename the exe s to get Anti Virus programs to run I installed and used AVG which found a couple things Then I used ComboFix and finally I got MBAM to run which found a good trojans etc I believe I got the virus off but I tried to restore to before I got the virus but was unable to I have since run scans with MBAM and SuperAnti-Spyware which have found nothing Avast also finds nothing but it has a list of files mostly in WINDOWS folder with the last path part of file doubled that it is unable to scan because quot The system cannot find the specified path quot When I look on my C drive and follow the file path the second to last part is always missing ie WINDOWS addins addins addins is not there When I plug in my camera the camera wizard does not pop up anymore as it use to before I had and removed the virus I also saw on the unscanable list that there was a WINDOWS Connection Wizard Connection Wizard file that I m assuming may be related In the control panel there is nothing in the camera and scanners folder either Please advise me on what actions I should take to fix these windows files and to make sure this rogue anti-virus is gone Any help would be appreciated Here is the full list of unscannable files below C WINDOWS hf mig KB KB C WINDOWS addins addins C WINDOWS assembly NativeImages v Temp ZAP B tmp ZAP B tmp C WINDOWS assembly NativeImages v Temp ZAP tmp ZAP tmp C WINDOWS assembly NativeImages v Temp ZAP tmp ZAP tmp C WINDOWS assembly temp temp C WINDOWS assembly tmp tmp C WINDOWS Config Config C WINDOWS Connection Wizard Connection Wizard C WINDOWS CSC d d C WINDOWS CSC d d C WINDOWS CSC d d C WINDOWS CSC d d C WINDOWS CSC d d C WINDOWS CSC d d C WINDOWS CSC d d C WINDOWS CSC d d C WINDOWS ime imeip applets applets C WINDOWS ime imeip imeip C WINDOWS ime imkr dicts dicts C WINDOWS Installer PatchCache Managed DC A F AD BCDDC E F C C WINDOWS Installer PatchCache Managed DC BF CC D D F A A D F C WINDOWS java classes classes C WINDOWS java trustlib trustlib C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v TemporaryASP NET Files Bind Logs Bind Logs C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v TemporaryASP NET Files Temporary ASP NET Files C WINDOWS msapps msinfo msinfo C WINDOWS pchealth ERRORREP QHEADLES QHEADLES C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr BATCH BATCH C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr Config CheckPoint CheckPoint C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr HelpFiles HelpFiles C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr InstalledSKUs InstalledSKUs C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr System DFS DFS C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr System OEM System OEM C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr Temp Temp C WINDOWS Registration CRMLog CRMLog C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution AuthCabs AuthCabs C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution Download f b de a ec e aa e f backup backup C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution SelfUpdate Registered Registered C WINDOWS Sun Java Deployment Deployment C WINDOWS Temp avast avast C WINDOWS WinSxS InstallTemp InstallTemp nbsp

A:Help to remove Total Security and Anti-Virus Pro_2010 rogue anti-virus programs

Can someone please help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-to-remove-total-security-and-anti-virus-pro_2010-rogue-anti-virus-programs.868112/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi everyone,

I have a friend wanting me to help with her computer. She runs an old Windows 98 machine that has become infested with spyware and viruses.

Webpages keep being redirected to bizrate and bizoffers and any attempt to download software such as Ad-Aware or Spybot are being denied by Bad Gateway errors.

She can't download Hijack This or do any online virus scans because she's blocked from doing so by the spyware.

Would installing the MVPS Hosts file prevent the spyware from blocking access to these sites so that we can help her?

Please help.

Thanks.

A:Can't download anti-spyware programs or anti-virus programs

It would definately be a start. Also try this:

Right click on this link http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/DelO15Domains.inf and choose Save As. Save it to your desktop. Right click on that file and choose Install. It will run immediately (you won't be able to see anything happen). You may delete it afterwards. NOTE: This script will delete any sites you may have added to the Trusted Sites. So if you want them back, you have to add them back to the Trusted Sites again.

Next thing to try, is go into Add/Remove and check for the following programs. If you struggle removing, you can reboot to Safe Mode and try again.

180 Search Assistant
180Solutions
Active alert
Ad Service
AdTools
AdTools Service
Alexa toolbar
BargainBuddy
Bullseye Networks
CashBack
cosmi
DH
EasySearchBar
Elite Sidebar
Elite Toolbar
Freeze Clip Art
GAIN
Gator
Hotbar Outlook Tools
Hotbar Web Tools
HuntBar
Internet Optimizer
ISTbar
ISTSvc
MaxiFiles
Media Access
Media Gateway
MySearch
MyWay Search Bar
MyWebSearch
NavExcel Search Toolbar
NavHelper
ncase
Oemji Toolbar
Open Site
Preview AdService
Search Toolbar (HuntBar/WinTools)
ShopperReports by Hotbar
Sidefind
SideSearch
Slotchbar
Software Update Manager
SurfAccuracy
SurfSideKick
Upspiral Toolbar
TurboDownload
VBouncer
Viewpoint
Viewpoint Manager
Viewpoint Media Player
WareOut
WeatherBug
Web Rebates
Web Search Toolbar (WinTools)
Webhancer
WhenU (any entry)
WeirdOnTheWeb
Windows AdService
Windows AdStatus
Windows ServeAd
WinTools
WinTools Easy Installer
WSEM Update
Download Accelerator Plus
Kazaa
Kontiki
Messenger Plus
NetPumper
NewDotNet
P2P Networking
StarWare
WildTangent

Let us know how you get on

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cant-download-anti-spyware-programs-or-anti-virus-programs-90024.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello I consider myself a fairly advanced computer user but I m having an issue I m sure is MalWare related My laptop freezes CONSTANTLY sometimes out of nowhere and sometimes when I walk away for minutes I have tried numerous times to run AVG Ad-Aware SE and both freeze shortly after the scan starts also tried in SAFE MODE Now sometimes I can browse the we for hours but as soon as a start a scan install or update these issues are more common I am fairly confident that this is not a hardware issue since I ve ran advanced diagnostics on them all including BIOS I have a HiJack This Log and help would be greatly appreciated HiJackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot every 5 minutes. Anti-Virus Run freezes programs, Comp ANY Unable or Anti-Spyware to mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system Unable to Run ANY Anti-Virus or Anti-Spyware programs, Comp freezes every 5 minutes. spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AOL waol exe C Program Files AOL shellmon exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files Common Files AOL Topspeed aoltpsd exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO PPCScamBHO Class - E A - BC - d -B FD- B ACC FEDED - C Program Files PeoplePC Toolbar ScamGrd dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO no name - A FB EB - B- - D- F E E - no file O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar HP view - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dll O - Toolbar no name - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run SynTPStart C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM ... Read more

A:Unable to Run ANY Anti-Virus or Anti-Spyware programs, Comp freezes every 5 minutes.

BUMP!

--sorry, I'm desperate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-run-any-anti-virus-or-anti-spyware-programs-comp-freezes-every-5-minutes.752230/
Relevancy 66.65%

Good morning everyone Frequent visitor first time poster of this forum I want to thank anyone in advance for committing any amount of time to my problem I'm hoping someone has some experience with this issue Allow me to explain Yesterday I woke-up my computer and opened up my browser I use Google Chrome As soon as I clicked to open the browser I noticed a Windows Explorer Pop-up I have attached a picture of what this box looks like but to describe it for those who are not able to open the attachment The windows header said quot Mod Info quot and the Content said quot BC LOADED quot the only available options for me to click were quot OK quot or the quot Close quot button at the top right Even Mode in Blocked Programs Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware Safe Without clicking anything the box then disappeared and Google Chrome opened as usual This behavior was unexpected I've never seen this before Worrying I had some kind of Spyware or Malware I decided to try running my AV program I use Avast Free I went to look for the process in the Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware Programs Blocked Even in Safe Mode hidden icons list on my taskbar where it usually resides I didn't see it there which was concerning I tried running the program from the start menu but after clicking it nothing opened This was also a red flag that something must be wrong So I decided to try and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware This program would also not open when prompted I decided to scan google for my symptoms to look for recommended fixes Several tech support forums suggested to those who presented similar symptoms that they were suffering from a malware ransomware process I have no ransomware symptoms no prompts to pay at least I saw recommendations for running Malware disabling tools including RKill exe RogueKiller exe and tdsskiller exe The programs advised I run them kill the Malware process then remove them with Malwarebytes I tried all of these programs but none of them will run Per advise of various websites as well as the program developers I tried redownloading and renaming the programs to winlogon exe and RKill com and other suggested names None of these renaming procedures allowed me to run the programs I tried booting in Safe Mode with Networking The programs would still not run I tried restating renaming the programs and AGAIN running in Safe Mode with Neworking Same issue I even tried running the RogueKillerCMD exe version in Safe Mode with Command Prompt The program was still blocked I reached out to a techy friend who advised I reinstall windows Fortunately my computer had a free Upgrade to Windows offer still available I downloaded the update and it prompted me to restart my computer to finish the installation I did so and saw the Windows Updating screen with a Percentage tracker At approximately completion I received a blue screen of death I have attached a picture to this post of what the screen said in case it's relevant At this point my techy friend has advised I purchase a new SSD install windows on that and commit my present HDD to a storage drive I'm not opposed to doing this if it is the only option I have but I came here first to see if anyone has any fix recommendations that don't involve me spending money As I came to this website I read the NEW INSTRUCTIONS page and followed the guide prior to posting The post says to run dds scr and attach the attach txt and paste the results of the dds txt file When I run the program a window pops up that says quot DDS is running in silent mode quot Shortly after this window disappears and is replaced with quot two logs shall be created on your Desktop quot Approx seconds later those boxes disappear and a new Notepad file opens called quot attach txt quot However when I look at the desktop there is NO dds txt file The program has only created one new file despite the instructions page AND the program itself telling me it should create two My only assumption is that my malware is ALSO blocking the effects of this progr... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/anti-virus-anti-malware-programs-blocked-even-in-safe-mode-1061402.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Please help. I am working on a network and need a corporate anti-virus program and anti-spyware programs? I know McAfee and Symantec offer something, but I know the personal editions I have had a less than nice experience. Any suggestions?

A:Need A Corporate Anti-virus Program And Anti-spyware Programs? Any Suggestions

Take a look at this Spysweeperhttp://www.webroot.com/enterprise/products/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65805/need-a-corporate-anti-virus-program-and-anti-spyware-programs-any-suggestions/
Relevancy 66.65%

I recently downloaded PC Security Shield (supposedly a good anti virus program) and Spyware Terminator (antispyware) and noticed that their icons sometimes, do not show up in my system tray when I boot up. And it stays like that. I've had no icons for three days now...huh?

I've looked up this problem in the accompanying (Security Shield) help menu and it wasn't any help....but it basically states no icon = no protection....so what the bejeepers can I do to fix this problem?

A:Anti virus/anti spyware programs missing from system tray

Just a quick thought, go to start-up options and see if they are listed as due to run on start-up, if you have no suitable programme to view your start-up programmes go to run and type msconfig and check the start-up tab

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anti-virus-anti-spyware-programs-missing-from-system-tray.539718/
Relevancy 66.65%

My subscription for Macafee ran out and I never got around to downloading AVG or some other antivirus freeware on my netbook I experienced some obvious signs of a virus malware not long after I would do a google search on Chrome and would get redirected to some very odd sites when I clicked on something safe-looking So I attempted to download AVG and others with no luck I then restored my system to an earlier date included) programs...(logs I cannot anti-virus download anti-malware or hoping I cannot download anti-virus or anti-malware programs...(logs included) this would be good enough to remove whatever virus malware was affecting it No such luck as I am still unable to download said freeware although now I am able to I cannot download anti-virus or anti-malware programs...(logs included) surf the net with no issues So I happened across your lovely website and am crossing my fingers that you may be able to save the day Thanks so much for your time Here is the following info you request with each new post From Hijackthis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Samsung Samsung EDS EDSAgent exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung Battery Manager BatteryManager exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Samsung Easy Display Manager dmhkcore exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files SAMSUNG MagicKBD MagicKBD exe C Program Files SAMSUNG MagicKBD PerformanceManager exe C WINDOWS system igfxext exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Nicole Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Nicole Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Nicole Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Nicole Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Nicole Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Nicole Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Nicole Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Nicole Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C Documents and Settings Nicole Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Progra... Read more

A:I cannot download anti-virus or anti-malware programs...(logs included)

I solved it.

Used ninite.com in safe mode to download AVG and Spybot. Rebooted. Ran both of them. Still couldn't download Malwarebytes. Ran online scanner from Microsoft. Rebooted. Was able to install Malwarebytes. Ran it. System is clean now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cannot-download-anti-virus-or-anti-malware-programs-logs-included.961205/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello Firstly thank you for your help - I really do appreciate it My HpCompaq laptop is infected with a virus that is blocking multiple anti-spyware software Vista updates and even my Kaspersky anti-virus The virus does not allow me to access websites to download anti-spyware nor access the windows update site I have downloaded the following programs on another computer burned on CD and run on my laptop - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Installed but does not run - Spybot - Cannot install as access to the website is blocked during installation - AVG anti-spyware Kaspersky windows Anti-Viru multiple Virus programs, update blocking and Anti-Virus trial version - Cannot install due to x d - Action failed for file avgmfx sys I have managed to run CCleaner Virus blocking multiple anti-spyware programs, windows update and Kaspersky Anti-Viru and clear out all the temp internet files The HiJack This log reads Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files PDF Complete pdfsty exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP ProtectTools Security Manager pthosttr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements apdproxy exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Kontiki KHost exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN GB amp c amp bd smb amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN GB amp c amp bd smb amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN GB amp c amp bd smb amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus ievkbd dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-blocking-multiple-anti-spyware-programs-windows-update-and-kaspersky-anti-viru.860719/
Relevancy 66.65%

While attempting to install counterspy on a friends computer I got the message that says the system administrator has set policies that prevent this installation.I also tried malwarebytes and it refused to install.I'm logged in as the administrator.I also attempted to do a scan with AVG and it disabled itself.I tried an online scan at Trend Micro but I could not reach the website.The browser redirected me to some strange search engine.How should I go about stomping this thing out.

A:unable to install or run anti-virus anti-malware programs

Hi Defraggerman I suggest you post a HijackThis log for examination.A member of the HijackThis Team will walk you through, step by step, how to disinfect your computer.Read the Preparation Guide before posting a HijackThis Log.Please read, and follow, all directions carefullyRun a log, and post it in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.Do not, post it in this topic.Do not, fix anything, yet.A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.It may take a while to get a response from the HJT Team, because they are very busy. Please, be patient, as these people are volunteers. They will help you, as soon as possible.NOTE:Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/196046/unable-to-install-or-run-anti-virus-anti-malware-programs/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

Virus doesn't allow me to startup my computer, apparently even if safe mode.

Symptoms were:
- Pseudo-anti virus program launched itself, and gave spurious results
- Messages were displayed in red over the screen background
- I rebooted, and could no longer run browsers or other programs, including Norton
- Rebooted again, and no screen display
- Tried to reboot in safe mode, but that appears not to work also
Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-masquerading-as-anti-virus-pgm-disabled-browsers-programs-and-finally-bootup.843247/
Relevancy 61.06%

I am running Windows XP; ran into a virus where it ran up my svchost processor run time up to 100%. My antivirus programs are inoperable, both AVG and Malwarbytes. Cannot download the hijack this program to obtain a log. Only strange thing that I seen was that an svchost prescript file was on my hard drive.... svchost.exe.3530f6702.pf I believe. Not sure what to look for or how I am going to remove it since I cannot download and run an antivirus program anyways. Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-blocks-downloads-anti-virus-programs-redirects-searches.1014749/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Tech Guys I don amp t usually have problems using my laptop but recently I amp m experiencing this weird case where at some point of the anti-virus scan my laptop will unexpectedly shutdown thus not completing the scan I amp m also programs shutdowns causing and Unknown virus interrupting anti-virus experiencing frequent random shutdowns over the last month A week ago I noticed that my AVG free scheduled everyday scan was not being completed I usually leave my laptop open and running before I go to work in the morning Unknown virus interrupting anti-virus programs and causing shutdowns The everyday scan is scheduled at noon and upon returning home Unknown virus interrupting anti-virus programs and causing shutdowns I amp m always surprised to see my laptop shutdown-ed When I hit the power button the screen will say something like the system experienced unexpected shutdown and I will just choose the start windows normally option I then decided to change my anti-virus program to ESET Smart Security free trial and will eventually buy it depending on its performance but I amp m still experiencing the same problem Earlier today I also decided just to run nothing but the anti-virus program and at around of the Unknown virus interrupting anti-virus programs and causing shutdowns scan my laptop suddenly shutdown So I amp m guessing it is something being detected by the anti-virus program but cannot be cured removed just by a normal scan By the way my laptop is HP Pavilion dv Windows Vista Home Premium -bit OS Intel Core GHz and G RAM Below please see the HJThis Log Any help would be greatly appreciated on this very annoying and troublesome bug Thank you very much in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C PROGRA HEWLET Shared HPQTOA EXE C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http mail yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http ph rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http ph yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO HP Print C... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-virus-interrupting-anti-virus-programs-and-causing-shutdowns.824121/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello and thank you in advance for your help I have been through the whole Preparation or other and Software Malware programs Virus Disables Anti Virus that Guide and have the logs ready to post here I have a computer running windows XP that has a virus or malware that disables or shuts down anti virus software or other programs I had some trouble getting the GMER scan to complete since it would run for hours then shut down Virus or Malware that Disables Anti Virus Software and other programs at some point So after attempts I saved the initial findings that load and have them here to post I have no idea what type of virus this is so I need help determining what to do next I have attached the Attach txt file from the DDS scan as well as the ark txt file from the GMER scan Thanks DaddyOf DDS Log here DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by HP Administrator at on Sun Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Outdated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS svchasts exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS ARPWRMSG EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS sm hlpr exe C hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin m SrchMn exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system braviax exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C DOCUME HP ADM LOCALS Temp zclgmk l d exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Belkin USB F D Wireless Utility Belkinwcui exe C Program Files Broderbund Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Deluxe minimavis exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe J dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop amp parm seconduser uDefault Search URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop amp parm seconduser uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf mDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie mSearch Page hxxp www google com mStart Page hxxp www google com mSearch Bar hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop amp parm seconduser uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com keyword s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com uURLSearchHooks N A a faf - e- cf- - f a d - c program files mywebsearch srchastt bin MWSSRCAS DLL BHO c windows system tajf ikdmf dll bf a - f - ad-f e - aac caa - c windows system tajf ikdmf dll TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dll TB My Web Search b ea -a - -b bb- de cca - c program files mywebsearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL TB CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot backgro... Read more

A:Virus or Malware that Disables Anti Virus Software and other programs

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logIf the system has been used after topic creation time we need to take a look at fresh logs. So, please post fresh copies of dds.txt & attach.txt logs.Regards,Georgi

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369918/virus-or-malware-that-disables-anti-virus-software-and-other-programs/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,

My computer has pretty much been taken over by a virus. It will not let me run task manager and it has disabled my internet.

I have tried downloading malwarebytes from a different computer to a flash drive and running it on my laptop but my computer shut down the program.

This also happened with spybot search and destroy.

I recently bought Fix It Utilities 9 Professional, but when I tried installing it, the computer told me something to the effect of that the computer administrator has set standards which do not allow the program to install. However, I am the only account on the computer.

I do not know what else to do. Hopefully someone can help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/virus-spyware-wont-let-me-run-task-manager-or-any-anti-virus-programs-415401.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I m running Windows XP About a week ago I got a virus I and some more sites, programs anti-virus blocking Virus believe Virus blocking some sites, anti-virus programs and more it Virus blocking some sites, anti-virus programs and more was called Antivir Software Pro that claimed my computer was infected and I needed to give them money to fix it That virus blocked websites and all other anti-virus Virus blocking some sites, anti-virus programs and more programs from being downloaded installed or used My friend tried to wipe my computer and re-install Windows but the virus stopped that as well It wouldn t let me re-install windows claiming it couldn t find a harddrive We finally got Malwarebytes to run in safe mode and and then Spybot It helped some I can reach websites now However it s gradually getting worse again I get re-directed to other sites some sites are becoming blocked again and I can no longer run any anti-virus software Any help would be greatly appreciated I am not very good with this stuff but I can get a hijack this log if that helps I would mainly just like to wipe and start fresh

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336694/virus-blocking-some-sites-anti-virus-programs-and-more/
Relevancy 59.77%

i have 5 antlvirus/malware programs installed. only two will complete a scan the others wont open at all. i am also unable to delete anything in my control panel. windows defender has stopped working and restoring my computer to a past date made it worse. please help. thank you in advance.

A:too many anti virus programs?

Using more than one anti-virus program is not advisable. Why? The primary concern with doing so is due to conflicts that can arise when they are running in real-time mode simultaneously and issues with Windows resource management. Even if one of them is disabled for use as a stand-alone scanner, it can affect the other and cause conflicts. Anti-virus software components insert themselves into the operating systems core and using more than one can cause instability, crash your computer, slow performance and waste system resources. When actively running in the background while connected to the Internet, they both may try to update their definition databases at the same time. As the programs compete for resources required to download the necessary files this often can result in sluggish system performance or unresponsive behavior. Each anti-virus may interpret the activity of the other as suspicious behavior and there is a greater chance of them alerting you to a "False Positive". If one finds a virus or a suspicious file and then the other also finds the same, both programs will be competing over exclusive rights on dealing with that virus or suspicious file. Each anti-virus may attempt to remove the offending file and quarantine it at the same time resulting in a resource management issue as to which program gets permission to act first. If one anit-virus finds and quarantines the file before the other one does, then you encounter the problem of both wanting to scan each other's zipped or archived files and each reporting the other's quarantined contents. This can lead to a repetitive cycle of endless alerts that continually warn you that a threat has been found when that is not the case. Anti-virus scanners use virus definitions to check for malware and these can include a fragment of the virus code which may be recognized by other anti-virus programs as the virus itself. Because of this, many anti-virus vendors encrypt their definitions so that they do not trigger a false alarm when scanned by other security programs. Other vendors do not encrypt their definitions and they can trigger false alarms when detected by the resident anti-virus. Further, dual installation is not always possible because most of the newer anti-virus programs will detect the presence of others and may insist they be removed prior to download and installation of another. If the installation does complete with another anti-virus already installed, you may encounter issues like system freezing, unresponsiveness or similar symptoms while trying to use it.To avoid these problems, use only one anti-virus solution. Deciding which one to remove is your choice. Be aware that you may lose your subscription to that anti-virus program's virus definitions once you uninstall that software. Anti-virus vendors recommend that you install and run only one anti-virus program at a timeSymantec's statementEset's StatementAvast's statementAVG's statementDell Support statementYou can always supplement your anti-virus by performing an Online Virus Scan.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396082/too-many-anti-virus-programs/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have four PCs and on three of them I use Mcafee anti virus provided by my ISP.

On the fourth PC, I use Norton Corporate anti virus. Since I occasionaly work from home my company requires that we have NCAV on our personal PCs. The company logon program runa a check to make sure we have the latest edition NCAV before the logon to the corporate system is allowed.

I am not a big fan of NCAV. Can I load the Mcafee on this PC and have NCAV in de active mode until I need it.

Thanks

Tom

A:Two Anti Virus Programs

The way you describe it? In a word, Yes. Two AV's real time is not a good thing. However as long as one is deactivated they may both reside. The conflict is when both are active and they see one anothers definitions as virii. hth

Be (Active AV's) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/64528/two-anti-virus-programs/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am looking for a really good anti-virus program that is free. If not then I will pay for one if it doesn't cost an arm and leg. Thank you

A:Anti-Virus Programs

There are many good programs and you will receive varying opinions. Personally I use MSE as my stand-alone. To supplement I use MBAM, SAS and have SpywareBlaster. Another good program to have is Secunia PSI. This program will aid you in keeping all programs up to date. Most infections occur in large part due to outdated programs which become vulnerable to malware exploitation.

BTW these programs are free.

Regards ............

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498815/anti-virus-programs/
Relevancy 59.77%

Any suggestions on what the anti virus programs are
the best? I had Mcafee, but if something else may be better
I would be game to try it. Thanks......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anti-virus-programs.42879/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello, I posted in the am I infected section and was referred here. Like the title says I can't open any anti virus programs or uninstall them. I have tried in safe mode too. I downloaded the FRST program successfully, but cannot get it to run. The scan button is grayed out. The OS I have is Win 7 if that helps. Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

A:Can't run any anti virus programs

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Temporarily disable your AV program so it does not interfere.Info on how to disable your security applications How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs - Security Mini-Guides.Download Zeok tool from hereWhen the download appears, save to the Desktop.On the Desktop, right-click the Zoek.exe file and select: Run as Administrator(Give it a few seconds to appear.)Next, copy/paste the entire script inside the code box below to the input field of Zoek:
createsrpoint;
autoclean;
emptyclsid;
emptyffcache;
FFdefaults;
emptyiecache;
iedefaults;
emptychrcache;
CHRdefaults;
emptyalltemp;
emptyfolderscheck;delete
ipconfig /flushdns;b
Now...Close any open Browsers.Click the Run script button, and wait. It takes a few minutes to run all the script.When the tool finishes, the zoek-results.log is opened in Notepad.The log is also found on the systemdrive, normally C:\If a reboot is needed, the log is opened after the reboot.Please attach the zoek-results.log in your reply.Also, please provide an update on how the computer is behaving after running the above script.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620207/cant-run-any-anti-virus-programs/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have two antivirus programs installed on my computer.AVG Free and Avast free.They both seem to function, but is it a bad idea to have more than one installed?

Relevancy 59.77%

The program PC-cillin came with my new computer (I'll have to pay after a trial period).
On my old computer, I had AVG (free) and it seemed to work fine.
I am the sole user - with the exception of a very occasional houseguest - and I NEVER open attachments unless I know the sender.
Is there any reason why I should subscribe to PC-cillin?

Relevancy 59.77%

I need of the best antivirus programs that can protect your computer from trojan and viruses. Like a firewall, because my PC has a trojan backdoor thing..

A:Top 3 Anti-virus programs?

Welcome
Used by me and most of the staff here. Microsoft Security Essentials
Malwarebytes for a once a week scan
Secunia to make sure all your software is up to date, for security
Free Computer Security - Personal Software Inspector (PSI) - Secunia
Win Patrol to be notified of any changes made to your computer
These are all free

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/242282-top-3-anti-virus-programs.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have Windows XP and am using Avast to protect against viruses. I am thinking about using the free AVG program. If I change do I need to delete Avast first or can I download AVG and then delete Avast. I am under the impression that it is not appropriate to have two anti-virus programs working simultaneously. Is that correct? Thanks for a reply.

Relevancy 59.77%

I am infected with something that won't allow me to run any anti-virus, anti-spyware or anti-malware programs. I downloaded Super Anti-Spyware and MBAM and the update files for both to a different computer, copied to a jump drive and saved to the infected computer but it won't allow me to run the programs to try to install or update them. So I think that I need something that I can run in safe mode. Any suggestions where to start and how to proceed?

A:Cannot run any anti-virus programs

Please rename the MBAM installer to something like jjmm.bat or .comIf it installs try the manual definitions installer next(rename if necessary), next if the program will not run navigate to the MBAM program folder and rename the programs executable mbam.exe in a similar manner.Show Hidden Folders/FilesOpen My Computer.Go to Tools > Folder Options.Select the View tab.Scroll down to Hidden files and folders.Select Show hidden files and folders.Uncheck (untick) Hide extensions of known file types.Uncheck (untick) Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).Click Yes when prompted.Click OK.Close My Computer.We will need to rename the mbam.exe back later

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/203368/cannot-run-any-anti-virus-programs/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have MSE on my WinXP as AntiVirus/AntiSpam programs.

My friend said there are also some online AV programs that I could run online (free of charge).
Is that true?
If so, could they (it) be run online while I have MSE on my computer?

If I did run such a program, would I have to delete anything after the scan finished?

My friend gave me this note: "Remember if you run Kaspersky Online scan do a Search and Remove Kaspersky Folders from Windows/System, etc."
Does that have to be done?
Also, I looked at Kapersky (http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner) and it looks like it will only check one (suspected) file.
Or, does it scan the whole computer (C: drive and D; drive - recovery partition)?

A:Anti Virus programs

You did NOT read the message on the Kapersky site
Here it is for YOU
We apologize for the inconvenience, but the Kaspersky Online Scanner is currently unavailable - In the meantime, take advantage of a free trial of Kaspersky Internet Security 2012, which has everything you need to keep your computer safe.
So you are correct the online sacan is NOT at this time available only the check on a particular file.

In relation to your general query
http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/110854-security-help-tools.html

You will be well served with Microsoft Security Essentials running in real time.
Malwarebytes Anti Malware free edition which does not run in real time, used as an additional precaution, say once a week depending on the nature of your browsing and SuperAntiSpware free edition, which does also not run in real time, used similarly.

That all said if you have any concerns regarding the cleanliness of your system, then on this site ONLY certified advisors can deal with the issue and you should, if you DO HAVE concerns go HERE
http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/943214-everyone-must-read-before-posting.html
and follow the advice in the link carefully, before posting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anti-virus-programs.1008512/
Relevancy 59.77%

What does anyone think of Avast Free and Microsoft Security Essentials? I am evaluating anti-virus software and need some input. How are they with regard to ease of use, effectiveness, features? Are there any other free programs out there that are worth checking out?

Thanks in advance for any information.

A:Anti-Virus Programs

Avast currently if probably one of the best freeware AVs out there. A second place, in my opinion, would be Avira.I personally am biased against most M$ additions, but I've read favorable reports on their Essentials.The truth of the matter is that there is no one single application which is going to protect your computer. At the minimum you should have a good anti virus, and firewall. In addition you should have a couple of applications to scan for malware and spyware. Two that are currently popular are Malwarebytes and Superantispyware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/342513/anti-virus-programs/
Relevancy 59.77%

Today i was going through my control panel and i saw i have 2 anti virus programs running. They are Windows Defender and Avast! The computer said that running 2 programs could make you're computer run slow. I installed Avast! and i really like it and do not want to uninstall it but i will if it is better to o so. Is Windows Defender Windows preinstalled anti virus program? I have not had any speed problems but maybe if i uninstalled Avast! it would run faster? Can someone point me in the right direction please. I was actually about to add another spy ware program on my PC should i just stick with what i have because i always thought i should have multiple programs because maybe one would catch something the other did not. Help me out here.

A:Should i run 2 anti virus programs?

Windows Defender, as far as I know is not considered an AV.

You should be fine and have no problems, conflicts, or noticeable slowing of your PC if you reinstall\keep Avast.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/372655/should-i-run-2-anti-virus-programs/
Relevancy 59.77%

Now I'm running Norton and well I keep being told by some it's worth having and from some it's decent now what I'm wondering is what are any other good AV programs that are free from the net or that I'd possibly need to buy.

Relevancy 59.77%

What is the best anti-virus program to buy? Why? The reviews I found on the internet seem to recommend Bit Defender and Kaspersky consistently. Bit Defender is half the price of Kaspersky and the reviews seem to indicate that Bit Defender is easier to use: "install it and forget it", which I find appealing. Any comments? Any other suggestions? I would appreciate any and all input. Thanks.

A:anti-virus programs

Why Buy AVG AV is very good and free

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anti-virus-programs.546131/
Relevancy 59.77%

Too much security is never enough. So i am wanting to check out the benefits of having a secondary anti-virus program. I dont want to pay for it. so can anyone suggest a good free anti-virus program? i currently run AVG anti-virus. and if anyone really thinks a fullware version is worth having let me know because i can aquire such programs if need be . thanx

A:anti-virus programs

The general view is that running more than one security program of the same type at the same time is counterproductive, and might possibly lead to conflicts which could weaken your protection.

If you have the free AVG I suppose you could upgrade to the paid version for , hopefully, improved security. Have a look at the recommendations on sites like Wilders.org and see what you think.

I recently switched to NOD32 for less than it would have cost me to renew my subscription for NAV 2003, (which is no longer supported), although definition updates are still being provided. I get daily updates without having to d/l the whole database each time (5.6MB is a lot on a slow dialup) and scans take about one third of the time NAV took.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anti-virus-programs.282643/
Relevancy 59.77%

Just bought a new computer and was wondering which program was the best to be using. I don't mind paying if need be. Also don't want one the uses a lot of resources or bogs the computer down. Thanks.

A:Anti-virus Programs

Choosing an anti-virus is a matter of personal preference, your technical ability and experience, features offered, the amount of resources utilized, how it may affect system performance and what will work best for your system. A particular anti-virus that works well for one person may not work as well for another. You may need to experiment and find the one most suitable for your use. There is no universal "one size fits all" solution that works for everyone. Another factor to consider is whether you want to use a paid for product or free alternative. My personal choice is NOD32 Anti-Virus if choosing a paid for program or avast! Free Antivirus if choosing a free alternative.No single product is 100% foolproof and can prevent, detect and remove all threats at any given time. The security community is in a constant state of change as new infections appear. Each vendor has its own definition of what constitutes malware and scanning your computer using different criteria will yield different results. The fact that each program has its own definition files means that some malware may be picked up by one that could be missed by another. Thus, a multi-layered defense using several anti-spyware products (including an effective firewall) to supplement your anti-virus combined with common sense and safe surfing habits provides the most complete protection. See BC's Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps and List of Virus & Malware Resources.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/324783/anti-virus-programs/
Relevancy 59.77%

I would like to know the best anti virus program to use. please~Mod Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

A:Anti Virus Programs

See the discussion in this thread:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/103930/the-best-commercial-anti-virus/You will find additional threads about the relative merits of both free and paid AVs by paging down this forum.Regards,John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/107603/anti-virus-programs/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello all,

I am shopping around for an anti virus program and was wondering what people would recommend. I have heard of this AVG program. Is it any good? Thanks ahead for any feedback.

Relevancy 59.77%

I have Windows Vista and got the Windows Vista Pro Virus, which of course was lots of fun. I ran Norton antivirus last night and that seems to have taken care of the virus.

However, today I can't run any .exe program. When I try to run internet explorer for example, a "Choose the program you want to use to open this file" pops up (it also says "File: ssvagent.exe"). As it stands now, I can't even get on the internet because of this.

Also, when I go to "Run" I get an error message that says "C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe Application not found"

This is all quite frustrating and ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Ran an Anti Virus and now can't run programs

Hi and welcome to TSF.

Go you have access to another machine and a USB drive? If so, please download the following file:

rkill - any one of these:
Rkill.com
Rkill.scr
Rkill.pif

Then transfer it to the desktop of the infected machine.

Once on the desktop, carefully follow these instructions:

Rkill
Double click on Rkill to run it. If the first one doesn't work try the next one.

This will help remove certain processes and should restore any file associations and your desktop. Note: Your system is still infected as Rkill does not delete files - it merely helps to temporarily disable the infections, allowing us to start the cleansing process.

You should then be to download and run DDS (from here) and Gmer (rename Gmer's file to .com)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/ran-an-anti-virus-and-now-cant-run-programs-471774.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I am running XP and also IE 7 but when I surf seems slow at time especially some web pages and I have high speed but I have Nortons Anti Virus which comes with spyware and firewall, I'm not sure if its y anti virus or IE 7 which comes now with phishing filter, does anyone know what my problem could be

Norton is notorious, for slowing down your computer.

Have you updated, and run your antivirus?
Have you done any online virus scans?
Have you run any Spyware/Malware programs?
What Spyware/Malware programs do you use?
Have you cleared your Temporary Internet files, lately?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/107765/anti-virus-programs/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,

I've always used the free version of AVG, and decided to buy the full version. I have had nothing but trouble since. I've recently uninstalled my avg(8.5) and requested a refund. When it ran it's DAILY scan. it just about rendered my pc useless, or slowed it down so much that if I were on internet, pages would time out. Games or any other prog. would mess up. My cpu would be at 100% and it would take 4-7 hrs to complete scan. If I stay completely off the pc, it would then only take about 3 hrs. Anyway, My question is, before I buy or use any anti virus prog. what are some suggestions?

Thanks,
Jodi

A:anti virus programs

try malwarebytes anti malware and dr web cureit. Malware bytes anti malware full version adds in daily updates, scans, and real time protection and works great. Its stopped 2 viruses from attacking me so far since ive had it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226482/anti-virus-programs/
Relevancy 59.77%

I use Trend Micro PC-cillin on my new notebook computer which I have only had for a week. Also use Ad-aware and Spybot to control spyware. Decided to run a free online anti-virus scan at PandaSoft. Results.... Adware: oemil and viurs: Tri/Mitglieder.EW., which it could not remove. A system scan with PC-cillin did not pick it up. After researching the virus online and looking for ways to remove it, I could not find any of the files associated with it on my computer!! None of the associated registry entries either. What do you make of this?? Is my computer infected or is Pandasoft trying to sell their software with a trick??

It could just be a false positive. All AV vendors suffer from them, try rescanning your system again with Panda and see what it finds.Find the suspect file and then scan it at jotti and Virus Total which use multiple AV scan engines, to confirm if its infected or clean.You may also want to scan using the one of the following in safe mode (Getting to safe-mode) Sysclean you'll also need the virus template file from here lpt***.zip remember to extract the contents of the zip file into the same folder as Sysclean.comorDrWeb CureITorKASFX which is powered by the Kaspersky AV engine, you will need internet access to update it. If you haven't got net access in safe mode, update it before you use it.If your good with the command line also try Sophos Command Line scanner this command will scan all of your hdd's SAV32CLI.EXE -F -di -remove -dn -mbr -all -zip -p=avscanlog.txt and give you a log file to review afterwards.If you think you are infected submit a hijackthis log to the HJT Forum.How to submit a hijackthis logDownload Hijackthis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/38194/anti-virus-programs/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi There,

Just wandering about your opinions concerning Anti Virus Free programs ?
.......................being this ? I use AVG free & I am considering installing a 2nd Anti Virus Free program(Avast Free). Does anyone feel this is not needed being that 1 program see's different definitions than the other ? Let me know how you feel concerning this ? and 2 Firewalls & even a few spyware programs too. Is just 1 of each enough ?
Best To All
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, I am a new member and this is the first time that I am posting on this forum. Hope that I am in the proper place for this thread. Just curious if anyone is trying the one care anti virus (beta) from microsoft. I am a newbie with a computer(but learning fast) and I just want to make sure that I have good protection. I am also running lavasoft Ad-Aware SE and Spybot search & destroy. I have windows XP SP2

Well peter, Theres a forum for antivirus/firewalls etc. Here,Click thisand allso..i'd recommend going with Norton,Panda,AVG,or Macafee..but there are a bunch more out there..If you want the maximum protection..do what i do,get multiple anti virus / firewall software :D

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/38793/anti-virus-programs/
Relevancy 59.77%

Does anyone know some real good anti-virus programs? I have Panda Titanium Antivirus which i heard was really good, but i'm worried that it's not detecting everything, i don't know why, just a feeling.

Take a look at the threads and at the pinned topics in the Antivirus,Firewall, etc. Forum; this topic has been discussed many times, and you will find many views expressed in that forum.
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/48224/anti-virus-programs/
Relevancy 58.91%

My computer was infected by this virus today called Vista Internet Security I followed the tutorial on how to get rid of it on this site however it failed at least times I then proceeded to do system restore and I guess most keep up programs Anti-virus freezing of it s gone However I can t see half my files on my computer I know my files are still here because this Anti-virus programs keep freezing up virus doesn t delete your files i think and the storage left on this computer is still the same My main problem right now is that Malwarebytes always freezes up when it s scanning this one file which is the VAIO Movie Story Launcher exe I ve done this in safe mode as well using Rkiller and the registry fix and it still froze I tried scanning my computer with SUPERAntiSpyware and the same thing happened I really don t know what s going on Please help me out I have very important files on my computer All my college essays and school work My gosh

A:Anti-virus programs keep freezing up

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. [/b]If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far. Don't worry too much about your files, by all accounts they have only been hidden and not deleted. We will unhide them in our next step, once I know what is actually happening on the PC.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stopPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435748/anti-virus-programs-keep-freezing-up/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,

I am running Avast, and McAfee both on my computer Win XP SP2 is this ok?

Lora

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I'm experienceing some difficults with what may be a virus spyware after downloading something yesterday the effects of a virus came to my attention After trying to open norton antivirus a strange error message kept Help, working? Virus are No programs Anti re-appearing everytime i tried to access norton preventing me to scan for threats or even move Help, No Anti Virus programs are working? the window The same happened with other antivirus programs the same pop up error occurs when i access emails or anything that may clean the computer of threats I tried everything that is suggested before posting my hijackthis log but none of it was successfull i was unable to do any online scans Help, No Anti Virus programs are working? such as - Trend micro housecall kaspersky online scanner and the panda online scanner It seem's the virus is preventing me from viewing the scanner pages and preventing me from fixing the problem Help, No Anti Virus programs are working? at all Below is my hijackthis log as i was unable to scan or provide any other logs Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files Remote Mouse Driver MouseDrv exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Mouse Driver StartAutorun exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Mouse Driver KMConfig exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Mouse Driver KMProcess exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Lol Desktop New Folder Matt exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http format packardbell com cgi-bi e amp key SEARCH R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www virginmedia com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www virginmedia co uk O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Canon Easy Web Print Helper - F E- - E - AAF- BC A A BE - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint EWPBrowseLoader dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run WireLessMouse C Program Files Remote Mouse Driver StartAutorun exe MouseDrv exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Progra... Read more

A:Help, No Anti Virus programs are working?

Hi, welcome to TSF!

Download combofix.exe

Double click combo-fix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.
Note:Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.
Do not post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt - unless I ask you to.
If your Antivirus software is detecting combofix or a part of it as a virus, please choose to ignore it as Antivirus products cannot determine the good/bad use of some softwares embedded in combofix.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-no-anti-virus-programs-are-working-216153.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Right i finally got rid of my virus (formatted the HD) so to try to prevent future infection could you guys recommend which progs to use, i know there is plenty of freeware stuff out there but not sure where to find or what to use, i had spybot & adaware before so i will reinstall those but not sure what else

All help is massively appreciated

Steve

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello and thank you for reading my request I currently have Spybot S amp D Avira Antivir Malwarebytes' Anti-Virus and AVG installed on not Anti-Virus programs do update my computer all of them free versions Since I downloaded them I have not been able to update any Anti-Virus programs do not update of them I disabled my Firewall to check if it was the source of the problem but it wasn't I am using a monthly wireless ISP and I am starting to think that that is the reason why I cannot download updates I may be wrong however What I need to know is how do I make sure that it's not a virus that doesn't show up on these old definitions that is blocking my anti-virus programs besides using HJT How can I manually update the definitions for these anti-virus programs Would uninstalling them and re-downloading them help assuming newer definitions are bundled with the AV programs Any help is appreciated thank you EDIT Doh A simple restart solved my problems somehow Thank you and sorry Moderator please close

A:Anti-Virus programs do not update

Sometimes that can happen

Glad that your issues have been solved. Unforuntately, I should probably warn you about using multiple Antiviruses at the same time (namely AVG and Avira). Having two antiviruses can cause conflicts with your protection and could actually make things worse for protection.

The basic rule is to have only one Antivirus with realtime protection, one software Firewall running, and only one antispyware/antimalware with realtime running (of course, you can have multiple antispyware/antimalware scanners for on-demand scanning). It'd be best advised to uninstall either AVG or Avira.

If you have questions, go ahead and ask.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/221153/anti-virus-programs-do-not-update/
Relevancy 58.91%

Looking for opinions on some of the better anti-virus programs. Would like opinions on free ones but would also like to hear about ones I can purchase. Which ones should I try and which ones should I stay away from.

Thanks
Bill

A:Advice On Anti Virus Programs

Many members here at BC use AVGFree Anti-virus (as well as the free AVG anti-spyware application). It has good real-time protection, a fairly straightforward user interface, and the updates to its definitions are frequent and timely.I can certainly recommend it.Others used by members are at the top of this post:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.htmlRegards,John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/77864/advice-on-anti-virus-programs/
Relevancy 58.91%

My Norton AntiVirus only reported one infection after a deep Scan As my computer is behaving very badly I suspect major infection especially spyware adware hijackers so I downloaded several free trial anti-virus programs that carry out a Scan but usually do not carry out a fix until you have paid for them The results ranged from a handful of infections to to or so but one major anti-virus program listed around infections with interesting details on each Now do I pay for the one with results use free programs which detect much less do I continue with Norton which I am attached too having used it for years do I use two Anti-virus Different Programs/Different Results or more programs or just one I have seen conflicting advice on this last point some of it highlighting the probability of conflict some Different Anti-virus Programs/Different Results of it claiming two or more programs are better By the way I have come back to this Forum after several years of absence from my computer internet due to serious illness now slightly better so I apologise if I have forgotten the rules Different Anti-virus Programs/Different Results etiquet etc It was nice to find my old login details still work unlike another Forum where I have been going round in circles for two weeks trying to get my login activated accepted Clayto

A:Different Anti-virus Programs/Different Results

I am sorry, I think I should have said my OS is Windows XP, although I think the questions apply to any system?Clayto

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558290/different-anti-virus-programsdifferent-results/
Relevancy 58.91%

hey all,

i have a question. I have NOrton Systemworks 2005 and was wondering if it was better if i also put in Zone Alarm Security Suite. If i have 2 of those anti virus progrmas on one comp, would that do anything? would any conflicts arise between the two? thanks

Vegeta

A:Two Anti-Virus Programs on one comp?

Hi
2 antivirus in the same machine result at serious conflicts ,
try to see in zonealarm website if it s ok to install it along with another antivirus .
But i doubt it .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/two-anti-virus-programs-on-one-comp-21891.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey all i'm currently looking to start using a new/different anti virus.

I'm currently using Avast and its grand but its causing my games to crash at times, this is due to its real time scans.

So the anti virus for me has to be minimal on my systems resources and be easy to disable by myself and also be a little more gamer friendly

Cheers in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/free-anti-virus-programs.151566/
Relevancy 58.91%

Emisoft claims that you can use Emsisoft AntiMalware (EAM) together with other antivirus-programs. Since we have been told for years that having more than one real time protection antivirus programs on a machine will cause problems then how is this possible?

A:Emisoft with other anti-virus programs.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware is an Anti-Malware program, which is used to supplement and run alongside an Anti-Virus program. In general, Anti-Malware actually adds protection and helps with protection of the machine in addition to an Anti-Virus program. In general, Anti-Malware programs are compatible with Anti-Virus programs.The act and effects of running Emsisoft Anti-Malware with an Anti-Virus program is not the same act and effects of running two Anti-Virus programs together. When there are two Anti-Virus programs running together, that is when problems can and usually do arise.I realize that my knowledge (and thus explanation) is limited. So, you can read more about it here from a bleeping expert: here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591481/emisoft-with-other-anti-virus-programs/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have Norton anti-virus 2003 installed on my computer. I read somewhere that a virus scan will not look at files that are being used by the computer at that time. Is this true and if it is true how can you be sure your computer is virus free if the results of the scan say no problems detected?
I have a friend who is running Windows XP and she has the NNCORE.DLL Trogan Virus. I looked at the list of known viruses on my Norton (it is up to date) and this virus is not even listed. How can a uitility be effective if a known virus is not in its data base.
Thanks

Relevancy 58.91%

I suspect I have a virus I have downloaded and run at All Anti-virus Programs Freeze least different antivirus programs and all of them freeze One of them showed this Trojan Agent kro but still froze so could not clean Here are the logs you requested Hijack This Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Control Center MovieColorEnhancer exe C Program Files x CyberLink YouCam YCMMirage exe C Users S AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users S AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users S AppData Local Google Chrome All Anti-virus Programs Freeze Application chrome exe C Users S AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users S AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users S AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe All Anti-virus Programs Freeze C windows SysWOW rundll exe C Users S AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users S Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http isearch glarysoft com src iehome R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http isearch glarysoft com src iehome R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http isearch glarysoft com src iehome R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http isearch glarysoft com src iehome R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO uTorrentControl - b - - a a- e - ee e - C Program Files x uTorrentControl prxtbuTor dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO FCTBPos Pos - AB - B-C -E D-D A F A D - C Program Files x SocialRibbons LP Toolbar dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Samsung BHO Helper - AA D - - - - CDAE B BCB - C Program Files Samsung AnyWeb Print W PBrowser dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO SavvyConnect IE Extension - E C EC -C A- CD-A A - F FB F B - C Program Files x Luth Research SavvyConnectFramework bin ieplugin LuthIEPlugin dll O - BHO Yontoo Layers - FD E- FDE- D-A A- BAB CAD - C Program Files x Yontoo YontooIEClient dll O - Toolbar uTorrentControl Toolbar - b - - a a- e - ee e - C Program Files x uTorrentControl prxtbuTor dll O - Toolbar avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - HKLM Run avast quot C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe quot nogui O - Extra button C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WindowsLiveWriterShortcuts dll - - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dll O - Extra Tools menuitem C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WindowsLiveWriterShortcuts dll - - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Progra... Read more

A:All Anti-virus Programs Freeze

Download and save the free version of

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.61.0.1400

SUPERAntiSpyware 5.0.0.1146

then close all open windows first, then install them.

Make sure to update their definition files during the install process.

After they've been installed and updated, restart the computer.

Run a quick scan with each of them.

After each scan is finished, select and remove EVERYTHING that was found.

-----------------------------------------------------------

What's the brand name, model name, and model number of your computer?

How much RAM does it have?

-----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-anti-virus-programs-freeze.1049983/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have at least 2 anti virus programs installed on my pcsymantec and avg freecan this be the source of its insanity?how many anti virus programs are good to run at the same timewhich one should I remove? if anyEdit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:multiple anti virus programs

You should only use one anti virus program, I would dump the symantec to be honest, it's a bit of a system hog.I have used Avast for a long time and have had no cause for complaint at all. There is a tutorial here at Bleeping Computer if you would like to take a look. How to Install, Configure, and Use Avast Antivirus.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272854/multiple-anti-virus-programs/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello, I recently somehow got "Antimalware Doctor" virus installed on my computer, I've tried everything to remove it, I tried going into safemode and running malbytes anti-malware and each time it starts the scan the program closes, this happens with ALL anti-virus, anti-malware, spybot,etc, even highjack this won't run, it's like the virus knows when a scanner is on and closes the programs, i don't know what esle to do I really need someones help

A:*EMERGENCY* I cannot run any anti-virus programs PLEASE HELP!!

Hi,

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds file to run the tool.When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt
Attach.txt

Save both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/emergency-i-cannot-run-any-anti-virus-programs-please-help-517417.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I recently installed a trial version of McAfee VirusScan and when I restarted my pc immediately after the installation so that it would take effect Windows would not start except under safe mode This totally freaked me out and as soon as I Anti Problem Virus Programs could restart Windows under safe mode I removed VirusScan I then was able to restart the computer normally Before installing McAfee VirusScan I tried one Quick Heal but quirky things began happening with Windows ie blue screens with errors logging onto the Internet without my asking it to do so etc I am now on my third anti virus program PC-Cillin and so far it seems to start Windows more slowly but at least I am able to start it Anti Virus Programs Problem without having to do so under safe mode I am starting to wonder just what is the trouble about Is it just my pc or do all pc s experience this much upheaval with the antivirus progams I need a Firewall also but I m now afraid to get one Anti Virus Programs Problem lest it wreak havoc with Anti Virus Programs Problem my system nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Urgent help needed i tried to download hijackthis but couldn't. so i tried all the other spyware removing tools
but the same error message kept showing all the time for everyone i tried to download.

This was the error message:

Internet Explorer cannot download HijackThis.msi from www.trendmicro.com.

Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found.

please help i cant run any scanners or antivirus tools i don't know what to try as hijack this is the one i need to work
if anyone can help it would be very much appreciated many thanks

Relevancy 58.91%

I have been having problems whereas my computer keeps telling me that I may have TWO anti virus programs running at the same time. I have gone into control panel/programs and all I can find is my norton anti-virus listed. I have heard that some programs carry their own anti-virus programs attached, but I haven't the foggyist how to identify them. This is my first POST on the site, so please bare with me. Iff there is anyone out there who is prepared to help, I would be very grateful. In closing I do tend to think that the problem may have started after I installed a Logitec web cam and joined up to Skype, and also occasionally I get a report saying that another application is trying to use the camera, even though I am unaware of anything else that can be trying to.

A:Conflicting anti virus programs please HELP !!

Get rid of Norton is my suggestion, Norton is the cause of many PC problems. Get something free like avast or AVG or if you want to spend some money get Nod32 which is excellent those will work 100 times better than Norton and probably fix your problem too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/conflicting-anti-virus-programs-please-help.622604/
Relevancy 58.91%

AVG vs McAfee Anti-Virus Programs:I?ve had both the AVG and Comcast McAfee anti-virus programs installed on my Dell Vostro 420 desktop (WIN Vista Business) for some months now. Since mid-month the Vostro has begun crashing during boot-up with error messages suggesting one or more other causes ? one being a USB connection problem. [I can provide details if interested.]So, I?m wondering if I should delete either of these anti-virus programs in case they may be aggravating the situation. Which would you choose to keep and why?Thanks.

A:AVG vs McAfee Anti-Virus Programs

Me personaly i would dump McAfee i had McAfee and it let me viruses and Malware on to my computer it was like there was no Antivirus i deleted almost 200 diffrent pieces of Viruses and MalwareI have no used AVG so i dont know about it but on one of my computers i use avira the only thing is is that when it updates it has a very annoying ad.I have Kaspersky on all of my other computers. (Ran out of licences for my other computer that has Avira) I like Kaspersky Alot but it is not cheap. Do not run more than one antivirus at once

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/299185/avg-vs-mcafee-anti-virus-programs/
Relevancy 58.91%

I use "Kaspersky Pure Total Security" as my anti virus program for years. How do members rate this program compared to others? I recently had a problem with malware and it was solved. After downloading and running the recommended programs to detect and get rid of the malware, my anti-virus was running at the same time and it started to detect the malware more often then it did before. So I was wondering if the cypher criminals have found a way to disable part of my anti-virus program? If "Kaspersky" is a good program, then how did it allow the malware to be installed?

A:Quality Of Anti-Virus Programs

That Anti Virus is of high quality and highly respected. That being said, no Anti Virus can stop every virus or malware. These virus are getting more and more sophisticated, but I do not think that it shut down your AV. If you used the terms correctly, Malware is not exactly the same thing as a Virus. Using Malwarebytes in conjunction with you AV is the best way to stop Malware. You can use the free Malwarebytes and scan once a week.
It has been documented that once a virus gets into your system, they can and do, prevent system restore, prevent downloads, prevent AV from working. I have never heard of a situation that the Virus turns off the AV to prevent detection. All that being said, these creeps that write these virus stay up nights trying to find ways to beat us.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/360866-quality-anti-virus-programs.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everyone Something weird is happening with my computer During startup Help Anti Pls.. Are Virus Blocked,, Programs error messages appear aawservice exe-------------------The instruction at quot x df f quot reference memory at quot x d f quot The memory could not be quot read quot Click OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program Error loading C Windows System yojmnvrg dllThe specified module could not be found and E R R O RThe app module G Program Files antivir professional edition classic avgnt execannot be found or has been modified or destroyed The AVGNT exe cannot be started Please check your installation I've tried searching my computer for viruses and spywares using ad-aware avira and super antispyware but that doesn't seem to work because they get mysteriously blocked and just leave me with error messages Anti Virus Programs Are Blocked,, Help Pls.. Any help would be greatly appreciated ThxHere's the log Deckard's System Scanner v Run Anti Virus Programs Are Blocked,, Help Pls.. by Carlo on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - System CheckpointBacked up registry hives Performed disk cleanup System Drive C has GiB less than free -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack Anti Virus Programs Are Blocked,, Help Pls.. MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS system smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS explorer exeG Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exeG Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC WINDOWS system bgsvcgen exeC Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BTNtService exeC Program Files Common Files InterVideo DeviceService DevSvc exeD Program Files Nero InCD InCDsrv exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exeC WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeD Program Files SpeedBit Video Accelerator VideoAcceleratorService exeC WINDOWS system ReKey exeC WINDOWS SoundMan exeD Program Files Winamp winampa exeD Program Files r Studios Startup Delayer Startup Launcher GUI exeD Program Files QuickTime QTTask exeG Program Files WebcamMax CAMTHINS exeC Program Files RamBooster Rambooster exeC Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exeG Program Files SuperAntispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC WINDOWS system servupdate exeC Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exeD Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeG Downloads Sarah Silverman Program dss exeD Program Files SpeedBit Video Accelerator VideoAcceleratorEngine exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http home microsoft com access autosearch asp p sR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p amp ar iesearchO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Winamp Toolbar BHO - CEE EC- - bc- B - DDC AB C - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protect... Read more

A:Anti Virus Programs Are Blocked,, Help Pls..

Hello Blueraven301 and welcome to BleepingComputer,Print these instructions or save them to your Desktop as a text file,since you'll need to reboot in safe mode (without networking support), so you'll be unable to connect here.1. Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop. Boot your computer in Safe Mode :Restart your computerAfter hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the
Windows window appears, tap the F8 key continually;Instead of loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.Choose your usual account.Now run SDFix.exe In Safe Mode, double click the SDFix.exe file. Click Install. Open the extracted folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script. Type Y to start SDFix. It will remove the Trojan Services then make some repairs to the registry and prompt you to press any key to Reboot. Press any Key and it will restart the PC. Your system will take longer that normal to restart as the fixtool will be running and removing files. When the desktop loads the Fixtool will complete the removal and display Finished, then press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons. Finally open the SDFix folder on your desktop and copy and paste the contents of the results file Report.txt in your next reply, with a new HijackThis log2. Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixPlease ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first (not for Windows Vista users !).The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery mode, in case your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware. This allows us to help you. (WinXP SP3 users, please download the appropriate SP2 file, Home or Pro, to install the RC)In the event you already have Combofix, delete your current version and download the latest version as described in the tutorial.It must be saved directly to your desktop.Note: Make sure not to click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall or freeze.Please post the log from ComboFix (can also be found as C:\ComboFix.txt) in your next reply. If you have any questions along the way, STOP and ask them before proceeding !!Greetings,Thunder

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/150857/anti-virus-programs-are-blocked-help-pls/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I've never had to deal with this kind of problem before so I'm unsure how to fix it I downloaded spybot and A squared cause I knew I had a problem and when I tried to update the virus definitions so I could use it it wouldn't let me I also Working Arn't Programs My Virus Anti tried to do a housecall pc scan and it wouldn't let me do that either I My Anti Virus Programs Arn't Working have windows xp sp My Anti Virus Programs Arn't Working and when I tried to update My Anti Virus Programs Arn't Working windows it says error page cannot be found It runs really slow while on the internet too My mcAfee and norton programs are useless as well I did do the hijackthis thingLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files McAfee McAfee AntiSpyware Msssrv exeC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC WINDOWS zHotkey exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files BigFix BigFix exeC PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXEC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AUpdate exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http as starware com dp search x wKX ILE XDWJg ajnx epdgR - Default URLSearchHook is missingF - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system Userinit exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - BHO Starware - CA D - B- b c- E - AF F C - C Program Files Starware bin Starware dllO - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar Starware - D E D - C- c a- D - D FF - C Program Files Starware bin Starware dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run SunKistEM C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exeO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run CHotkey zHotkey exeO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exeO - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run AntiSpyware C Program Files McAfee McAfee AntiSpyware MssCli exeO - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe ConsumerO - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy Tea... Read more

A:My Anti Virus Programs Arn't Working

Download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ (W2K/XP Only)? Install ewido.? During the installation, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".? Launch ewido? It will prompt you to update click the OK button and it will go to the main screen? On the left side of the main screen click update? Click on Start and let it update.? DO NOT run a scan yet. You will do that later in safe mode.Restart your computer into safe mode now. Perform the following steps in safe mode:(Start tapping F8 at the first black screen after power up)Run Ewido:? Click on scanner? Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.? During the scan it will prompt you to clean files, click OK? When the scan is finished, look at the bottom of the screen and click the Save report button.? Save the report to your C: DriveThis will take some time to run!Boot to normal modePost that log and a new HiJack log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/46540/my-anti-virus-programs-arnt-working/
Relevancy 58.91%

I will need to make a decision about renewing my present McAfee Total Protection or changing to something else.
Anyone use, or have an opinion, about the Kasperkey Anti Virus software and how well it works or not.

Thank you.

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I would like to have ur opions on which are the best ones to use, I have pestpatrol and avg, someone told me I should have Spybot instead of pestpatrol....Thanks kitcat

A:anti-virus and adware programs

I've been using AVG for years and love it. Spybot can be D\Led here . Adaware can be D\Led here
Update both of before running them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anti-virus-and-adware-programs.252257/
Relevancy 58.91%

Road Runners offers me CA Internet Security Suite 2007 for free as a customer. http://www.rr.com/flash/index.cfm?startView=TECHNOLOGY then click Security tab.I have avast! free, Spyware Blaster, SUPERAntiSpyware and Spybot S&D (but I hate the Resident because it is too aggressive)...and good browsing habitsMy dad runs a business on his computer and he has a subscription with Kaspersky Anti-Virus (not Internet Security) plus the anti-spyware programs that I have. Questions:Should I use CA instead of Avast free?Should my dad use CA instead when his subscription expires, as a free alternative?

A:Choice Between Anti-virus Programs

I always avoid security suites and prefer to use individual applications that have been designed specifically to perform one function; this provides me with flexibility and "best of breed" software. I also find that suites are "clunkier" compared to an array of individual applications.
Cheers,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/159183/choice-between-anti-virus-programs/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello All,

At the moment I am using Norton Internet Security 2007. I have had a number of problems with this and most of these I have now fixed. The main cause was that Norton was scanning every running application, so things like media player playback was very slow and jerky. However I am still having the occasional niggle with it. On startup if I go into the intrnet it is slow. Upon opening Task manager I find that it is Norton AGAIN that is taking up almost 100% of my processor. After about 2 minutes or so everything goes back to normal.

I am wondering if there's anything else I could do or if any of you would recommend another anti virus program to use

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 58.91%

I have a number of application on my computer and I need to know if this is good or not.

I have adware, kaspersky total security, and combofix, MS Removable tool, and CCleaner. is this too much.

Please help

A:TOO MANY anti virus programs on one computer

I have a number of application on my computer and I need to know if this is good or not.

I have adware, kaspersky total security, and combofix, MS Removable tool, and CCleaner. is this too much.

Please help
Brother, you have an adware on your system you better get rid of it, i don't know if you actually means Adwcleaner or the actual "ADWARE", and Combofix is not a ANTIVIRUS, it's a anti malware removal tool use to remove infections that already penetrate your system defense this also apply to MS Removable Tool as well, and ccleaner it's just a junk files/folders cleaner not an ANTIVIRUS/ANTIMALWARE. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583363/too-many-anti-virus-programs-on-one-computer/
Relevancy 58.91%

Originally Symantic Norton Anti-Virus was installed but it refused to run and had corrupted files After running a chkdsk it started running but would freeze half way through It was uninstalled in hopes of speeding up the rest of the computer AVG was then tried and froze after saying that Win Fujacks was become programs corrupted anti-virus infecting the computer After trying to run a scan and finding it froze and stopped running I tried to find information on Win Fujacks but found no information AVG was uninstalled Spybot came up with no infections and ended up freezing when an attempt to start the prevenative measures was begun Spybot was uninstalled Ad-Aware came up with similar problems but refused to update The computer is a Dell Dimension with an Intel Celeron processor running Windows XP Service Pack There are no disks to reinstall Windows nor a seperate hard drive partition to do so Any and all help would be appreciated Also anti-virus programs become corrupted all of the steps in the checklist for possible non-malware slowing caused the computer to run even slower

A:anti-virus programs become corrupted

Hello and welcome.About W32/Fujacks!htmhttp://vil.nai.com/vil/Content/v_141161.htmPlease Download and Run FlashDisinfectorYou have a flash drive infection. These worms travel through your portable drives. If they have been connected to other machines, they may now be infected.Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.Reboot your computer when done.Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder. It will help protect your drives from future infection.Next run Drweb-cureit Before we start fixing anything you should print out these instructions or copy them to a NotePad file so they will be accessible. Some steps will require you to disconnect from the Internet or use Safe Mode and you will not have access to this page.Please download Dr.Web CureIt and save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.alternate download linkNote: The file will be randomly named (i.e. 5mkuvc4z.exe).Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with Dr.Web CureIt as follows:Double-click on the randomly named file to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current versionRead the Virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.The Express scan will automatically begin.
(This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All. (This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)After the Express Scan is finished, put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and uncheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Apply, Ok.Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.Please be patient as this scan could take a long time to complete.When the scan has finished, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.Click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/231885/anti-virus-programs-become-corrupted/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey guys,

When installing XP what should I do first to protect my computer besides downloading updates?

Do I need to buy an anti-virus program? If so which one is good for newbs?

Or can I save my money and download a free program that can protect me from those annoying bugs?

The reason I ask is because when I installed my XP, I was attack with bugs and viruses almost instantly.

Thanks.

A:Free anti-virus programs or buy one?

In my Guide To Internet Security, link right below in my signature. Hope it helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-anti-virus-programs-or-buy-one.209253/
Relevancy 58.91%

hello does anyone know if u can combine bitdefender ( supposedly really high on the list of anti-virus programs) with malwareBytes malware? thank you

A:anti-virus programs running together

There's seems to be some issues about Malwarebytes and BitDefender playing nice together. It seems that the latest free version of BitDefender apparently does a forced uninstall of Malwarebytes Pro and it doesn't have a way to add Malwarebytes Pro to the BitDefender exclusion list. Presumably this is because Malwarebytes Pro does real-time scanning. If you're using the free version of Malwarebytes (without real-time scanning) there probably won't be any issues. From the Malwarebytes forum:

Malwarebytes 1.7 and Bitdefender AV Free - Malwarebytes Forum

EDIT: I just found an official BitDefender tech support statement that BitDefender 2013 will work with the free Malwarebytes (without real-time scanning.) See post # 7 from this BitDefender forum thread.

[resolved] Bitdefender And Malwarebytes, A Chaos - Bitdefender Forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/277305-anti-virus-programs-running-together.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I have Avast and NOD on my computer start don't Anti-virus programs but neither of them can run at all so I thought I Anti-virus programs don't start might have a virus Here's my logLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Anti-virus programs don't start Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS Anti-virus programs don't start System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files DAP DAP EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Eset nod krn exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA SPEEDB VideoAcceleratorService exeC PROGRA SPEEDB VideoAcceleratorEngine exeC Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run nod kui quot C Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICEO - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run LanguageShortcut quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD Language Language exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEO - HKLM Run SkyTel SkyTel EXEO - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run Ad-Watch C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeO - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run DownloadAccelerator quot C Program Files DAP DAP EXE quot STARTUPO - HKCU Run Uniblue RegistryBooster C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exe SO - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C... Read more

A:Anti-virus programs don't start

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/217162/anti-virus-programs-dont-start/
Relevancy 58.91%

I need some help and advice...
I currently have Spybot S&D, AVG free virus protection, and Spyware blaster installed on my computer. Is this too many? If so, which should I keep?

My computer seems to be running fine, but I've heard that having too many anti virus/spyware programs was not good for the system.

cluemein

A:do I have too many anti-spy/virus programs installed?

You should be fine with what you have,just keep them uptodate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-i-have-too-many-anti-spy-virus-programs-installed.590500/
Relevancy 58.91%

I've had "AVG 6" on my Windows XP computer with an ISP. I now have DSL with an antivirus program, "my-eTrust.com", to download. Directions from "my-eTrust.com" are to uninstall other antivirus programs.
Recently AVG has placed many infected items in the Virus Vault.
Some are:
message.zip
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\msblast.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINS\DLLHOST.EXE
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{#}\RP#\#
upgrade.exe
document.pi
Patch.exe

I don't know what to do with these infected files. Should I delete them and if so, will I be harming my system? Should I restore them before intstalling "my-eTrust.com"?
Thanx-Thanx-Thanx for your help!

Relevancy 58.91%

I have a friend who swears that running 2 a/v programs at the same time, is better at keeping away problems . Would this be true??

A:RUN 2 Anti-virus programs at same time ???

They can generate a conflict.

Most anti-virus programs operate in two modes:

Scan: the utility examines memory and files on disk for traces of malware. This involves actually examining the contents each file for things that "look like" viruses.

Monitor: often referred to as "real time" monitor, the anti virus program is continually running and scans files as they are downloaded to your machine, notifying you nearly immediately if the file you just received contains something that looks like a virus.

There's nothing at all wrong periodically running an anti-virus scan with more than one anti-virus program. The key here is that it's just a scan - it starts, it scans, and then it's done. There's no opportunity to come in to conflict with another anti-virus program.

Real time monitoring, on the other hand, is another story. When you install most anti-virus programs they often automatically install and enable their real-time monitors. Running two or more real-time anti-virus monitors at the same time is very likely to cause a conflict. That conflict could result in error messages, crashes of the anti-virus programs, or other types of failure.

So it's certainly OK to have more than one anti-virus program installed, and it can make sense to run a scan using a different program from time to time, but must make sure that you only have one real-time monitor enabled at a time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/run-2-anti-virus-programs-at-same-time.522906/
Relevancy 58.91%

hi again
hope everyone is well,
I tried to download that free AVG anti virus program, and it downloaded okay, then my "A" drive started and made a whinning noise everytime i hit the dial up to the internet icon, I deleted the program and everything went back to being okay
is there any other free anti virus program that any one knows of suitation for window xp
again thank in advance

A:free anti virus programs

Did you check for options to disable floppy scanning, which may have fixed the problem?

Here's a link to an online virus scanner: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-anti-virus-programs.101203/
Relevancy 58.91%

Just wondering how many Anti-Virus programs should you or can you have running at same time?

The programs usually say to only have 1 AV program running on your computer? Because they may conflict with each other??

Just wondering...

Thanks

Chris

A:Question On How Many Anti-virus Programs You Can Run?

While you can more than one AV application on your hard drive, only one should be running, especially so when you are using real time protection.
Even when one is not running, you have to be careful because the other may detect the other's definitions (or quarantined files, for that matter).
It's probably best to only have one on your hard drive, and use one of the many on-line scanners as backup.
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/55430/question-on-how-many-anti-virus-programs-you-can-run/
Relevancy 58.48%

I seem to have picked up a rather nasty virus. It's most prominent symptom is that it redirects my Google search results. The results page looks normal, but clicking on the actual results takes me to unrelated pages.

Additionally, it blocks access to anti-malware sites, including this one as well as Trend Micro, AVG, Norton, etc. I checked my HOSTS file and it's clean, so it's using some other mechanism.

I've tried a number of things to get rid of it. AVG, Ad-Aware, Avast and CCleaner all failed to fix the problem. I tried downloading HijackThis, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, SpyBot and SuperAntiSpyware, but the virus terminates the process when I try to install or run them.

Anyone have any suggestions?

A:Virus Blocks Anti-Malware Programs

My school's network told me today that the intercepted the following actions:

Nov 24 12:52:21 snort[55916]: [1:2008593:1]
code-mal-TROJAN_Ultimate_Defender_Fake_AV_Checkin {TCP} 136.152.161.138:1202 ->
72.233.114.126:80
Nov 24 15:32:27 snort[55916]: [1:2008593:1]
code-mal-TROJAN_Ultimate_Defender_Fake_AV_Checkin {TCP} 136.152.161.138:1027 ->
72.233.114.126:80
Nov 24 16:10:39 snort[55916]: [1:2008593:1]
code-mal-TROJAN_Ultimate_Defender_Fake_AV_Checkin {TCP} 136.152.153.191:1202 ->
64.69.33.143:80
Nov 24 13:26:40 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 67.205.112.17:9870 -> 136.152.161.138:6848
Nov 24 13:32:13 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 69.64.67.240:9113 -> 136.152.161.138:6848
Nov 24 14:25:14 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 72.167.34.200:3907 -> 136.152.161.138:6848
Nov 24 15:10:03 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 69.64.67.240:6720 -> 136.152.161.138:6848
Nov 24 15:11:06 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 124.162.53.122:7139 -> 136.152.161.138:6848
Nov 24 15:12:21 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 208.109.189.4:8025 -> 136.152.161.138:6848
Nov 24 15:13:17 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 72.167.34.20:4179 -> 136.152.161.138:6848
Nov 24 15:14:00 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 208.109.189.4:2534 -> 136.152.161.138:6848
Nov 24 15:15:00 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 208.109.189.4:4348 -> 136.152.161.138:6848
Nov 24 15:43:50 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 66.197.159.134:3330 -> 136.152.161.138:6848
Nov 24 16:31:21 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 67.205.112.17:5579 -> 136.152.153.191:5516
Nov 24 16:36:53 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 74.222.132.154:2835 -> 136.152.153.191:5516
Nov 24 16:37:02 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 74.222.132.154:2890 -> 136.152.153.191:5516
Nov 24 16:38:03 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 74.222.132.154:3458 -> 136.152.153.191:5516
Nov 24 16:39:07 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 74.222.132.154:4055 -> 136.152.153.191:5516
Nov 24 16:40:06 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 74.222.132.154:4709 -> 136.152.153.191:5516
Nov 24 16:41:45 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 74.222.132.154:1386 -> 136.152.153.191:5516
Nov 24 16:42:07 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 74.222.132.154:1575 -> 136.152.153.191:5516
Nov 24 16:43:02 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 74.222.132.154:2105 -> 136.152.153.191:5516
Nov 24 16:44:04 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 74.222.132.154:2895 -> 136.152.153.191:5516
Nov 24 16:45:02 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 67.205.112.17:4793 -> 136.152.153.191:5516
Nov 24 16:47:50 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 74.222.132.154:3956 -> 136.152.153.191:5516
Nov 24 16:48:05 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 67.198.204.250:1646 -> 136.152.153.191:5516
Nov 24 16:49:03 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 74.222.132.154:4685 -> 136.152.153.191:5516
Nov 24 16:50:03 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Control_Channel
{TCP} 74.222.132.154:1376 -> 136.152.153.191:5516
Nov 24 16:51:45 snort[36056]: [1:6000392:1] code-blue-Spambot_Proxy_Con... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-blocks-anti-malware-programs.774317/
Relevancy 58.48%

Good afternoon The virus As Anti-virus Pop-ups Programs, Acting Popup-ads I have prevents certain pages from loading They are continually bland and never load for example in trying to check my email yahoo UK I will see white and the page never actually loads Occasionally it works like now but generally not There is also a pop-up that tells me my computer may be infected with spyware and adware as I hit the quot x quot to close the window two more open up telling me almost the same thing and one window taking me to a supposed anti-virus trojan page Sometimes ads for random stuff like party poker appear but more often than not ads feigning to help Pop-ups Acting As Anti-virus Programs, Popup-ads me combat trojans will pop up I Pop-ups Acting As Anti-virus Programs, Popup-ads have no idea how to remove these This often leads to my computer not working being slow freezing eventually causing me to shut it down The typing on my computer is greatly slowed I will miss every other key for instance and just minutes ago the internet explorer window I had open started spontaneously opening new tab after new tab until about new Pop-ups Acting As Anti-virus Programs, Popup-ads tabs had opened and my computer froze Also I will often see my desktop background with nothing else no icons not even the start menu and have to shut down the computer because I cannot do anything Here is the report of DSS main txtDeckard's System Scanner v Run by Chris on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore ---------------------------------------------------------------- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - Removed SD Secure Module - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint-- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System CheckpointBacked up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Chris exe -----------------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exeC WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Toshiba TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exeC Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exeC Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exeC Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exeC WINDOWS system TPSMain exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS system TPSBattM exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Bell Sympatico Security Advisor SSA e... Read more

A:Pop-ups Acting As Anti-virus Programs, Popup-ads

Hello Kright and welcome to BleepingComputer,1. * Clean your Cache and Cookies in IE:Close all instances of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer Go to Control Panel > Internet Options > General tabUnder Browsing History, click Delete. Click Delete Files, Delete cookies and Delete historyClick Close below.* Clean your Cache and Cookies in Firefox (In case you also have Firefox installed):Go to Tools > Options.Click Privacy in the menu..Click the Clear now button below.. A new window will popup what to clear.Select all and click the Clear button again.Click OK to close the Options window* Clean other Temporary files + Recycle bin Go to start > run and type: cleanmgr and click ok. Let it scan your system for files to remove. Make sure Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are the only things checked.Press OK to remove them.2. Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or HereDoubleclick mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.3. Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixPlease ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first.The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery mode, in case your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware. This allows us to help you .In the event you already have Combofix, delete your current version and download the latest version as described in the tutorial.It must be saved directly to your desktop.Note: Make sure not to click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall or freeze.Please post the log from ComboFix (can also be found as C:\ComboFix.txt) in your next reply. If you have any questions along the way, STOP and ask them before proceeding !!Greetings,Thunder

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/140468/pop-ups-acting-as-anti-virus-programs-popup-ads/
Relevancy 58.48%

Last night I became infected with a virus or malware.

It has disabled the sound on my laptop, Windows Update, Defender, System Restore and a few other programs.

I have run full scans with Malware Anti-Bytes, Avira Free Antivirus and Super AntiSpyware with no results. they all say my system is clean but the problems still remain.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium.

I'm at the end of my rope and i'm not sure what other actions to take.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank You.

:-)

A:I'm infected but anti-virus programs detect nothing.

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458994/im-infected-but-anti-virus-programs-detect-nothing/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,

First off, thank you for taking the time to solve this. I have a virus on my computer that pops up every now and then on Windows Defender as Renos.js. It won't let me access any anti-spyware programs and has already disallowed access for Malwarebytes, Adware, and PC Doctor. Also, it automatically redirects some webpages and brings up pop ups randomly but rarely. The one thing I was successfully able to run was VIPRE in safe mode command line, and although that found a bunch of things, it was not able to solve the root of this problem at all.

I am unable to open dds.scr. It opens into notepad with gibberish written in it. Is there a specific way to run it?
The virus also shut down gmer.exe part way through the scan. I guess the scan triggered some file. Please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks again!

A:Virus taking over all anti spyware programs...

Hi and welcome to TSF.

My name is Iain and I will be helping you clean your system.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix. You should not have any open browsers or live internet connections when you are following the procedures below.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programmes, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Also please copy and paste logs into the thread, rather than add them as attachments.

Combofix
Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

and rename it to cook.exe before saving it to your desktop.

Double click on the renamed ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished it will produce a log at C:\ComboFix.txt for you
Please include the log in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/virus-taking-over-all-anti-spyware-programs-424695.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I'm new to the forums so sorry if i do something wrong I can't run any of my anti-spyware anti-virus programs Spybot ad aware mcfaee won't open I tried a few other ones can't open I anti virus on programs my computer that also didn't work the hijak program also doesn't open on my computer I ran combo fix and that worked but dont know what to do now Here is the output Thanks for the help ComboFix - - - Andrei - NTFSx MINIMAL Microsoft Windows Vista Business GMT - Running from c users Andrei Desktop ComboFix exe AV McAfee VirusScan Enterprise On-access scanning enabled Updated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F SP Windows Defender enabled I can't open anti virus programs on my computer Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Other Deletions c recycle bin S- - - - - - - c recycle bin S- - - - - - - c program files Adware Professional c program files Adware Professional Adware Professional exe c program files Adware Professional noadware na c program files Adware Professional nutilities dll c program files Adware Professional unins dat c program files Adware Professional unins exe c program files Adware Professional UninstlDll dll c windows system Cache Infected copy of c windows system cngaudit dll was found and disinfected Restored copy from - c windows winsxs x microsoft-windows-cngaudit-dll bf ad e none e d a ce cngaudit dll Drivers Services ------- Legacy - CDB- - DBF- BB ED ------- Legacy - CDB- - DBF- BB EE Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Andrei AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata SUPERAntiSpyware com - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files SUPERAntiSpyware - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Andrei AppData Roaming SUPERAntiSpyware com - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Common Files Wise Installation Wizard - - - - ----a-w- c windows SGDetectionTool dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows BDTSupport dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows UDB zip - - - - ----a-w- c windows IDB zip - - - - ----a-w- c windows PCTBDRes dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows PCTBDCore dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers pctwfpfilter sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers pctgntdi sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers PCTAppEvent sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers PCTCore sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers pctplsg sys - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Spyware Doctor - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Common Files PC Tools - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Andrei AppData Roaming PC Tools - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata PC Tools - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers pavboot sys - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Panda Security - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers Lbd sys - - - - -------- dc-h--w- c programdata CFBD -FAAB- - F - EC FADA - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Lavasoft - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Lavasoft - - - - ----a-r- c windows win k sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system msv dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system ntkrnlpa exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system ntoskrnl exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system msasn dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers srv sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system WMSPDMOD DLL - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Common Files Adobe AIR - - - - ----a-w- C AdbeRdr en US Std exe - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows system ca-ES - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows system eu-ES - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows system vi-VN - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows system EventProviders - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files CCleaner - - - - ------w- c windows system MpSigStub exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wups dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuauclt exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuaueng dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wucltux dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wups dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuapi dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wudriver dll - - - - ----a-w... Read more

A:I can't open anti virus programs on my computer

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.Please note: ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert." It is NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.Please reply and we'll take it from there

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265379/i-cant-open-anti-virus-programs-on-my-computer/
Relevancy 58.48%

A thousand apologies for making a thread on a redundant subject I realize that there already is ample info on which anti-virus program to employ for service protection for one's device such as a computer laptop etc I currently have MSE and have had it for a number of years however after doing research and seemingly learning more about MSE and the general subject of anti-virus programs I'm considering switching to a paid-for Anti-Virus program such as ESET NOD and Kaspersky or perhaps free Avira MSE) switching anti-virus (I programs have Contemplating or avast Maybe I really don't know enough about the Contemplating switching anti-virus programs (I have MSE) general subject Would any bleepin expert be so kind as to offer some specific advice to my choice on perhaps changing anti-virus programs I've read the Answers to common security questions thread While the thread is tremendously helpful there are still questions that remain especially about specific content It seems as if uninstalling the current anti-virus program and reinstalling another one could cause all sorts of problems That is something which I do not want to happen as logic would only entail I just thought that I'd ask some of the experts on here about this topic Any informed thoughts would be most helpful Much obliged

A:Contemplating switching anti-virus programs (I have MSE)

I don't see how uninstalling MSE and installing something else would cause much of a problem.  I use AVG free and Malwarebytes Pro on my home computer and AVG Anti-virus paid and Malwarebytes Pro on my work one, and I think they work so well together.  I never get viruses anymore. You probably could if you tried hard enough, get viruses, I mean, lol, but I have never gotten one since I combined these two anti-virus/ant-malware I think many people have different preferences but these work well for me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530065/contemplating-switching-anti-virus-programs-i-have-mse/
Relevancy 58.48%

Anti-virus programs crucial but not foolproofClick to expand...

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/140154

Relevancy 58.48%

hello im on my buddys pc and i cannot install avg panda or anything i can not even get hijack this in can anyone help me out here as to what is going on? he had an old norton in there but i cant delete it.

A:Solved: cannot install any anti virus programs

well i just restarted im safemode and got hijackthis to install came back to normal mo0de and got a log here it is

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 12:11:38 AM, on 8/28/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16512)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://google.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Web assistant - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Web assistant - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IS CfgWiz] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\cfgwiz.exe /GUID NIS /CMDLINE "REBOOT"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [URLLSTCK.exe] C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\UrlLstCk.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-install-any-anti-virus-programs.616253/
Relevancy 58.48%

On friday I somehow managed to get infected by a trojan worm Since I always have Mcafee running i'm not sure how it got in After doing a scan with mcafee it siad I had the win Bagle JM worm It Install Programs Anti-virus Trojan..can't removed the infected files and then mcafee shut Trojan..can't Install Anti-virus Programs down and is gone I tried reinstalling it but the exe files would always disappear I have tried numerous free Trojan..can't Install Anti-virus Programs online scanners all say that there is no virus Trojan..can't Install Anti-virus Programs trojans or spybots on the pc But I know something has to be there somewhere since I am still unable to to install the anti-virus programs attached are the hijack this log and a log from one of the online scanners can't recall which one as I have tried too many in the past day I really don't want to have to reformat and start over as I just did that recently System restore is turned off When I was trying to reinstall mcafee I kept getting a Just-in-time debugging window pop up that I would have to click several times before it would go away Also I was getting a windows file protection window pop up a few times saying that I needed to put the xp disc to fix the missing files PC specs Xp pro sp Cpu celeron Ghz Gb ramHIJACK THIS Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exeC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data EPSON EPW SSRP E S RP EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system wdfmgr exeC WINDOWS system VTTimer exeC WINDOWS system VTtrayp exeC Program Files VIA RAID raid tool exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeC Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exeC Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exeC Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files a-squared Anti-Dialer a adguard exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files ITE ITE IT ATA RAID Controller RaidMgr exeC Program Files FireTrust MailWasher Pro MailWasher exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeC Documents and Settings CZ Desktop hijack this killer exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http cm my yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId cid SUB CLCID O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SpywareBlock Class - A E F- A- B -B -E C A F - C Program Files GhostSurf Platinum SCActiveBlock dllO - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exeO - HKLM Run VTTrayp VTtrayp exeO - HKLM Run RaidTool C Program Files VIA RAID raid tool exeO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run e - f c- e -a ec-b a b c C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exeO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeO - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX ExeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM R... Read more

A:Trojan..can't Install Anti-virus Programs

Hi czebuthPlease take note of the following:I will be handling your log and helping you, please do not make any system changes yet. The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean. Be patience.The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machineIf there's anything that you don't understand, please ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.Please give me some time to look over your log and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/107638/trojancant-install-anti-virus-programs/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello everyone,

OS - Windows XP Home SP2

As the title says many of my programs keep closing down including Internet Explorer, Avast Home edition, Adaware
2008 SE, and Hijack this (if its open for more than a few minutes).

So far I have installed AVG8 and removed everything it found (did not close down)
Spybot search and destroy also did not close down, and I fixed/removed everything it found.
I have scanned for W32.Serflog.exe which was not found.

I have done all I can think of.
I am aware of how Hijack this works, though I wont post a log until asked to.

Many thanks in anticipation!

A:Programs and Anti Virus/spyware keep closing

Hi,Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/234809/programs-and-anti-virusspyware-keep-closing/