Windows Support Forum

Solved: Help internet connection wont work on Laptop!!

Q: Solved: Help internet connection wont work on Laptop!!

Hi All. My friend is in a predicament she went to her laptop and the internet wont connect. She used it last night. She has a Gateway Laptop with windows 7, 64 bit.

Please help!!!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Help internet connection wont work on Laptop!!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 73.96%

so i installed windows 7 professional last night on my labtop and i tried to reconnect to my modem at home. i put the correct security key because it went through but after 10 seconds it didnt work. i then tried to get onto someone else's internet that wasnt secured and that worked fully. the modem is still working on the home pc so its not an issue of it working, its an issue of it being compatabile with my labtop that now has windows 7. is there something i have to do with my modem? it was working perfectly for the past year just until i installed windows 7. thanks

A:Internet connection wont work

Y would rewset the router to chage the :

Try ths program

WirelessKeyView v1.31

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/46421-internet-connection-wont-work.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I uninstalled the AVG security from my computer. After that my internet connection would not work, I think it deleted other components also. Under my device manager, Network adapters these have yellow !

"Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller - AVG miniport driver "
"Microsoft TV/Video Connection - AVG miniport driver"
"WAN Miniport (IP) - miniport driver"

Like I said I cannot download anything on that computer because it wont connect to the internet for some reason.

Please tell me step by step what I need to do in order to fix this problem, I don't know which drives I need to add and how. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Internet connection wont work

Uninstall the devices from Device Manager and restart Windows.

After Windows restarts the drivers will be reinstalled.

Using a PC with internet access download AVG Remover from here

You can save the program to a disc or USB drive and run it on the problem PC.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-connection-wont-work-574661.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello few days ago my computer with windows XP was acting little wierd so i downloaded hijackthis to see if i got any malware I didnt delete anything because checking on google i didnt see anything dangerous to my system But next day internet didnt work even though it appears that I am connected and that the signal is very good Internet works on my laptop and I called my service provider and everything seems o k Than message started to appear that I have Ip adress conflict I did everything as told on forums downloaded registry keys cmd ipconfig flushdns relaese but nothing worked and than it was mysteriosly gone but still no internet After i ran Farbar service scanner connection status was as following localhost is accessible LAN connected Attempt to access Google ip returned error Google IP is offline Attempt to access Yahoo IP returned error Yahoo IP is offline I downloaded and transfered windows recovery console and combo fix and after combo fix finnished some files came back which were gone because of Windows Recovery virus I had a year ago but unfortunately wont internet work despite connection still no internet Please please help i need this computer for work Marusa

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446910/internet-wont-work-despite-connection/
Relevancy 73.96%

at my house my internet connection wont work on my pc. its coming threw router b/c i have my xbox and ps2 on it as well. when i try to go on internet it wont work on pc, but will on the xbox and ps2. its a cable connection. rcn.

thanks.

A:my internet connection wont work ON PC

Has this problem just started or Has it been this way since hooking the system up?
What is your Operating System?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/31755/my-internet-connection-wont-work-on-pc/
Relevancy 70.95%

Got a second hand 40gb hard drive for my smasung vm7000 as the one its got is tiny. When inserted hard drive into lappy it comes up with disk read error press control alot del. However if put this in external closure works fine. This hd has win xp on it and still has some docs on it which the seller has asked me to copy to cd for him. Do I need to formatt and reload xp on it to work. Please help guys as am trying to give an aging laptop a new lease of life(and yes im upgrading the ram)

Relevancy 70.52%

I recently got a used laptop from someone and I wanted to store a fresh new Windows XP. I deleted everything off the hard drive and installed it. I then went to go on the internet and nothing happens. I go to comand prompt and type in..ipconfic/renew and all that stuff but its not reading anything. When I plug in the ethernet nothing pops up on the bottom right which it should do.
I would like it if anyone could help my situation.
THANKS

A:Internet Wont Work On Laptop

You probably need to install the chipset drivers. Specifically you need to install the ethernet chip driver. What make and model do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-wont-work-on-laptop.91173/
Relevancy 70.52%

My internet wont work, ive tried using both crome and IE but both browsers say that I am not connected to the internet despite the fact my computer says that I am connected to the internet. I know its not a network problem because my other devices are connecting fine. Also I tried connecting to the wifi at home and at school and it still does not work. My laptop is a HP ProBook 6390b and I am using windows 7. This problem started occurring after about 4 months disuse of my laptop which I think might be a factor as to why its not working. I have run windows updater and run a scan with my antivirus but still nothing helps. Thank you for any assistance in advance.

A:Internet wont work on laptop

Have you kept up and installed all the Windows 7 updates and are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-wont-work-on-laptop.204944/
Relevancy 66.65%

tunnel adapter local area connection6,7 disconnected

A:[SOLVED] internet connection, internet explore, chrome, firefox wont load

please help also, PCI simple communication controller (yellow and black !)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-internet-connection-internet-explore-chrome-firefox-wont-load-641709.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I've been looking for solutions to this problem but I just can't find one So I have a dell it has w The internet has been working on here perfectly for the [SOLVED] internet on work this wont desktop past few years and a few days ago I believe it was friday it started randomly not working on and off again This desktop is a few rooms away from the router so is connected by a really long wire which has been [SOLVED] internet wont work on this desktop working fine for a really long time Yesterday I tried to fix it myself so I moved the router to the back and it still wouldn't work It has that red x in the bottom right corner and what it was connected to earlier when it was going on and off I for some reason disabled it and thought I could just re enable it but it now says no nearby connection And it just wont find connect to the router or something im not sure what to do

A:[SOLVED] internet wont work on this desktop

Hi imawesome

Since you might not remember all the changes you made when trying this and that for the last few days, let's try for a simple, easy list to help fix things.

1) See if another PC can connect to the Internet using that same wire. [A wired Internet connection is usually automatically detected by a PC running any recent version of Windows - XP, Vista, or 7]
2) If yes, then there's nothing wrong with your ISP, your router, or your ethernet wire.
3) If no = there's a problem with your ISP, your router, or your ethernet wire.
---a) power off your "helper" computer.
---b) unplug & power off the router for 3 minutes [If there is also a "broadband modem" for DSL, cable, or satellite connected to your router, also power it off for those same three minutes].
---c) *plug the power cord back into the router and power it on *[if you also have the broadband modem, plug the broadband modem in first, and also power it on first]
---d) check the entire length of the ethernet cable for any sign of damage. If you have a spare cable of the same type (usually Cat5/Cat5e/Cat6), you can try that instead.
---e) power on your "helper" computer. If it now connects OK, you can now move on to troubleshooting your original computer.

* if no Internet is detected, nor any local area connection at all -- on any computer -- you may have more extensive troubleshooting to do. First rule out any trouble with your ISP. Give them a quick call just to make sure it's not a hardware issue with their equipment. Then find & follow the troubleshooting in your router's user guide. If you decide to try a hardware reset, you may have to set up the router all over again - and if you aren't well versed in that, you might need a tech-minded friend to help. We can also try to walk you through that. Certainly try a few different wires if you have compatible cable available, to make sure it isn't simply a damaged cable or two that's at fault.

If the Internet comes through fine on the "helper" computer:
1) Boot your original computer into Safe Mode (as the PC is powering on, start tapping the F8 key for the Safe Mode menu -- and choose Safe Mode).
2) In the Windows 7 Search Box (at the bottom of the Start Menu), type System Restore, and then click on the System Restore icon.
3) Run a System Restore, using a restore point from before you had the trouble last week.
4) Reboot when the System Restore is finished.
5) Attempt to connect to the Internet again.

If you still get no connection: in the Search Box on the Start Menu - type Device Manager and then press the Enter key. Look at the section with the name "Network Devices". If you see a device there that is marked Disabled - see if you can Enable it. If it remains disabled because there are no drivers for it, find your network drivers (using the "helper" PC) on the support website from the company that made your PC, download them, and install them. Then try again.

There are other variables you have to consider - but these are the most common issues. We'll look at other things should this list not help.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-internet-wont-work-on-this-desktop-553186.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Sup guys, i reinstalled Xp and Now i cant get the internet to work i think its because i dont have drivers.....

Can someone tell me what drivers i need to make the net work.

Regards thanks in advance

Neb.

A:Solved: Reinstalled internet wont work

Can you tell us the exact make/model of the computer and/or motherboard? Do you have a built-in network adapter or a separate PCI adapter?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-reinstalled-internet-wont-work.882087/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi
My laptop inspiron 1525 has vista window. When i try to connect to the wireless internet it connects but says limited connection. When i tried going to a website it looks like at first like its connecting but then it says doesn't connect i tried going to a restore point and still didn't work, i tried connecting it to my ethernet but still no results same error. This occured just when i deleted my symantic anti viruse removed it and the modem crashed no idea why but when modem got fixed and i tried connecting the internet wasn't working on the laptop any more. I tried the internet on my other computers it works perfectly fine on the desktops but some reason the laptop isn't working.

Thanks

A:[SOLVED] wireless internet wont work..

Well, if the problem occurred when Norton was removed, make sure it was removed completely by running the Norton Removal Tool: http://service1.symantec.com/Support...05033108162039
At the above link, please make sure you choose the correct product.

Also make sure all drivers are working properly and are up-to-date for your network hardware in your laptop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-wireless-internet-wont-work-305640.html
Relevancy 64.5%

After i did a System Recovery My internet Wont work , all it shows me is a X on two computers, And when i click on it it doesnt show me All the wireless networks i can connect to. Right now i am on ethernet Connected to the router and Computer , so it works but if i take the ethernet out the computer stops working. Someone please help me

Thanks ,

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi there

Just moved into a friend's old apartment.
I was on a broadband connection before and am now on a new one.

The problem is that I only have a limited internet connection at the new place here.
I can't connect to any website on Internet Explorer, but the internet works fine on Firefox and Opera.

Also can't connect to MSN messenger.

Any ideas?

I'm running an HP pavilion laptop on Windows Vista if thats any help.

THanks

Phil

Relevancy 63.64%

New install of windows xpsp2. windows firewall, avg, spybot, spywareblaster installed. Pc worked on the internet via ethernet.

Set up pc at a different site, installed usb modem, The internet worked but explorer just displayed 'page cannot be displayed'
uninstalled modem & fitted a nw card. same prob.

Set up pc at the original site, same probs.
reinstalled windows again thinking that the prob must have been caused by the modem drivers, but the same happened again.

The prob cant be spy/adware or a virus but Ive run out of ideas how to solve it.

Also system restore didnt work on the first install, and doesnt on the second, an error is displayed: the application or dll c:\windows\system32\mlang.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

Anyone any ideas how to solve these probs?

Relevancy 62.78%

Hey So anyway recently I but Solved: connection there. don't work, Browser internet windows 7 On ve always been using mozilla firefox it s always been working But the internet explorer doesn t work it can t connect to the internet But my internet connection is there I m able to use it on my other computer and ipod touch too As loopy as I am I accidentally uninstalled firefox So now I have NO WAY what so ever of getting on the internet to reinstall it as internet explorer doesn t work My MSN Messenger doesn t work either when I try fixing it it puts a cross on quot key ports quot and that it isn t connected to the internet Yes I Solved: Browser don't work, but internet connection there. On windows 7 know you ll say try your firewall but the problem is this my quot Norton internet security quot ran out the other day I only have windows deffender I ve got Windows on my laptop it Solved: Browser don't work, but internet connection there. On windows 7 s a packard bell brand And so I tried uninstalling the norton internet security but it doesn t work Some little box comes up but it s all white Please heeelpp nbsp Solved: Browser don't work, but internet connection there. On windows 7

A:Solved: Browser don't work, but internet connection there. On windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-browser-dont-work-but-internet-connection-there-on-windows-7.977768/
Relevancy 61.92%

Background A few days ago Connection ping any Solved: work can't can't to applications, internet use but claims I had a virus attack Fortunately I was working from a non-admin account so I was able to change to my admin account and clean it up using Malwarebytes The next time I used my computer internet explorer wouldn t load any pages I found that the proxy server option was checked in the LAN settings I unchecked it and it worked again While I was having trouble with IE firefox and Pidgin both continued to work fine At some point in the process I also ran ccleaner That may have been the day before my trouble started so when I turned off my computer that night it may have been the first restart since running ccleaner Trouble Today when I turned on my computer I was unable to connect to the internet using any web application pidgin firefox IE For example Firefox gives me the standard quot address not found quot screen When I open my local area connection status window it says status connected Duration lt variable gt Speed Mbps Packets Things like sent received Solved: Connection claims to work but can't use any internet applications, can't ping Of course these values vary but something is being sent and something received More Info -I am on a university network so I connect from my computer directly to Solved: Connection claims to work but can't use any internet applications, can't ping a wall jack -My laptop is a Dell Inspiron m -I m running Windows XP Home edition with service pack -My ethernet card is Broadcom x Integrated Controller -I have a wireless card Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-PCI card but the antenna is currently disabled I tried enabling it and connecting through a wireless network instead but I m not getting a strong enough signal -I have plugged the computer in at multiple locations using multiple cables Other computers work in those locations with those cables -I have run Malwarebytes and the microsoft malicious software removal tool since the problem started both report no viruses Things I have already tried - Under Internet options - gt connections - gt LAN settings everything is unchecked - I had windows firewall on I turned it off - I had saved the registry settings before running ccleaner I reset those - I restarted into safemode with networking still no access - I had Symantec endpoint installed I removed it and ran the Norton removal tool - I ran TCP IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP or SP Start Run CMD OK to open a command prompt Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock reset catalog Reset TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ip reset reset log Tests IPCONFIG ALL Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings REMOVEVD gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name LilRaptor Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List unm edu Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix unm edu Description Broadcom x Integrated Controller Physical Address - - - D- E-C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday December PM Lease Expires Thursday December AM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-PCI Card Physical Address - -A -F -C - C Documents and Settings REMOVED gt Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings REMOVED gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings REMOVED gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes ... Read more

A:Solved: Connection claims to work but can't use any internet applications, can't ping

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connection-claims-to-work-but-cant-use-any-internet-applications-cant-ping.882443/
Relevancy 61.49%

ok so i have been trying to fix this problem for about hours now and cant figure it out so i need help i connect to the internet with a cable modem which leads to my router my router is a linksys broadband connect wont Solved: laptop internet to router Solved: laptop wont connect to internet the weird thing is i have internet on my destktop which is conected the exact same way as my lap LAN now to my problem i plug in the ethernet to my lap top and it always gets stuck on aquireing network address it sends packets but never recives any so i went exploring the internet looking for a soulution and found a bunch of diffrent soulutions tryed Solved: laptop wont connect to internet them all and nothing worked o ya i have windows xp so i went to command promt and typed in ipconfig all and this is what came up windows IP config host name me primary dns suffix node type hybrid IP routing enabled no win proxy enabled no ethernet adapter LAN connection-specific DNS suffix description national semiconducter dp -based physical address -oD- D- - F-CB DHcP enabled yes autoconfiguration enabled yes IP address subnet mask default gateway any help would be greatly apriciated also if you need more info ask and ill try to get it for you nbsp

A:Solved: laptop wont connect to internet

One thing I noticed is that your IP address shows 0.0.0.0
IP addresses of 0.0.0.0 are normally caused by one of the following.
Diagnosis:
1. DHCP Service not running.
2. Duplicate IP address on the network.
3. Bad NIC card drivers.
4. Defective NIC hardware.
Resolution:
1. Check Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services. The DHCP Client service should be Started and its Startup Type should be Automatic.
2. Turn off ALL of the computers and other network connected devices, reboot the router, then restart all the computers and other network devices.
3. Check for upgraded drivers and/or reload the Network drivers.
4. Replace the Network Interface Card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-wont-connect-to-internet.911282/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey guys I have an Acer laptop windows 7, but Just recently (yesterday) a problem came up that at first I thought it was the modem but now I see the problem is my laptop. and basically when I run the windows network Diagnostics 3 problems come up: 1. None of the networks yohave previously connected to are in range, 2. problem with wireless adapter or access point, and 3. the default gateway is not available.

So I am not sure what to do, any help is greatly welcomed. Thanks

Relevancy 61.49%

hi laptop says its picked up the signal from my router with good connection but still can get on the internet any advise please i am a novice

Relevancy 61.49%

I have a pretty major problem with my main computer. The wireless network i have is running fine because all me other computers are working. On my main computer the internet does not work. It says all is connected. If i try to open network places, explorer freezes up. Thanks for your help in advance.

A:Solved: Internet connection dosen't work, Network Places won't open in XP

First thing you need to do is run antivirus and antispyware scans. What are you using for this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-dosent-work-network-places-wont-open-in-xp.696574/
Relevancy 61.06%

A few days ago i had to reinstall my sound driver after updating windows and sometimes if i take out my speakers out of the speaker jack my speakers on the laptop wont work sometimes without shutting down my music program or it will be vise versa please help me out

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/207261-speakers-randomly-wont-work-sometimes-laptop-but-external-will-sometime-work.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have got a dell laptop on xp, I have got it back to factory settings using a disc that came with it.. It will not connect to the internet at all, it is wireless too and have tried connecting direct to router...

On my network places I click on view network connections and it says 1394 connection then connected under it then 1394 network adapter, Am at a loss!
Any help would be appreciated!
Also there is no icon in the tray!

Relevancy 61.06%

My hp pavilion g7 will not connect to any internet. When i turn on my laptop the wifi button is orange and does not change to blue at all then when it loads up fully the internet simble is the bottem left corner say not connected-no connections are available. It has connected to the internet for years and my 360 total security as not detected any viruses. Ive tried many things on diffrent websites and nothing helped. After many of tries it will turn blue but then my laptop freezes i dont know why please help also i am using windows 8

A:Solved: Hp pavilion g7 laptop wont connect to any internet

Please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-pavilion-g7-laptop-wont-connect-to-any-internet.1151026/
Relevancy 60.2%

My BSNL modem works fine with my desktop.When i connect modem to my laptop it is not allowing me to access internet.It is showing a message "search page is not found".But Local area Connection status remains connected.Please solve this problem.Operating system for desktop and laptop is windows xp

Relevancy 60.2%

I'm using a dell inspiron b130 laptop with windows xp home edition.

Okay, heres my problem. I need to update and antivirus/spyware software but I have never been able to download anything through the wireless connection. No big deal, I can just plug internet directly into laptop. The problem is I can connect to internet using the wireless (which halts downloads midway thru) but I can't connect directly to the internet line to download updates. I'm not sure what connection settings I need to check?
thanks for any help.

A:Solved: Laptop connection to internet

With a wired connection, please do this.
Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-connection-to-internet.797530/
Relevancy 60.2%

My internet usually works fine, and nothing has changed within the last few weeks (no downloads or anything). But all of a sudden my internet won't work, it says that my connection is strong, yet when I use The internet it says " this page cannot be displayed" and when using Firefox it's the same thing. At first I thought it was something to do with the router so I reset that to no avail, then I decided to scan for any viruses that could have Infected my PC but no threats were found. Any help would greatly be appreciated , it's not the broadband itself because I'm accessing the internet from phone with no problem.

I have a toshiba satellite c55 and it's only 4 months old

A:Solved: My laptop says I'm connected to the internet, yet it won't work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-laptop-says-im-connected-to-the-internet-yet-it-wont-work.1133636/
Relevancy 60.2%

Kinda baffled on this one all...

Pics attached:
Network icons in system tray show no connection, yet local and internet connections work fine and are perfectly accessable....
This happens both hardwired, and wireless... with three different brands of wireless adapters.
Rosewill, netgear and TP-link....
Tried with several drivers different drivers, included MS ones.
Also tried with and without the adapters manufacturer wireless software....same result of incorrenct MS icon... granted the manufacturer icon would report correctly...figures

Seen this before on a friends win 7 machine a few months back and didnt think anything of it...

My rig has a fresh win 7 x64 install, this network icon issue occurred both before, and also after windows updates, so that's pretty much ruled out too...and not a single piece of software or system mod was done before I established connectivity and seen the erroneous icons.... bashing head right about now....

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: Network icons in system tray show no connection, yet local and internet work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-icons-in-system-tray-show-no-connection-yet-local-and-internet-work.1054658/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a netgear router model DG N connected direct to my desktop pc the router is getting old but seems to generally be ok However when my son tries to connect to connection internet cannot Solved: Laptop detect my internet connection wirelessly Solved: Laptop cannot detect internet connection his laptop does not detect my internet connection I think and Solved: Laptop cannot detect internet connection consequently can not connect to the internet We have tried to have him sit right next to the router and hopefully pick up a signal but that does not work either so I am guessing it is not a signal strength issue I have read some things about setting up a network and adding him but it seems strange that I would have to do that when he can go to his friends houses and pick up their connection without a problem or without being added to a network I know very little about this sort of thing so please forgive my lack of tech terms etc Can anyone please help me along Both my son and I run windows Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

hello i m having an issue with my network connection two computers access the cable connection via router and the pc has no speed issues however the laptop has a much slower connection i have connected to the laptop via wireless and via ethernet cable and there s no change in the connection speed i also did a hijackthis log hoping that might useful as well Logfile of not Solved: slow laptop, on but pc connection internet very on Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Solved: internet connection very slow on laptop, but not on pc MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Solved: internet connection very slow on laptop, but not on pc Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AVG AVG IdentityProtection agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePower DMC exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePerformance MemCheck exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgfws exe C Program Files AVG AVG IdentityProtection agent Bin AVGIDSWatcher exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System TUProgSt exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Java jre bin java exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker BHO - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files ZoneAlarmSB bar bin SPYBLOCK DLL O - Toolbar ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files ZoneAlarmSB bar bin SPYBLOCK DLL O - HKLM Run ePower DMC C Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePower DMC exe O - HKLM Run LXCFCATS rundll C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LXCFtime dll email protected O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Ru... Read more

Relevancy 59.77%

Hey, I'm using an Acer 4730ZG which was running on Windows Vista Home Premium and recently upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate

However since upgrading, I can detect wireless connections but can only access the network and not the Internet

Like, I connected to my home network, I can use transfer files from my desktop to my laptop but I can't get to the Internet. D: But my desktop works fine, just like what I'm doing now.

Could it be a driver issue or some sort?
Help appreciated. Thanks :)

A:[SOLVED] Laptop cannot detect internet connection

It MIGHT be a driver issue so what you can do is go on the website and try to download the wireless network adapter driver for you computer.

http://support.acer.com/drivers_download.aspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-laptop-cannot-detect-internet-connection-459553.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Windows XP Service Pack Connection ADSLAV - Eset NodIf I m supposed to write something else as well please do say so For months it has been working fine Desktop computer connected to router via LAN or ethernet I don t know which expression is the right one laptop connected wirelessly to that same router and IPTV connected via LAN Then all of a sudden Laptop connection work, doesn't int. IPTV int. (LAN) and wireless desktop connection computer a few nights ago no internet connection on desktop comp with notification about no connectivity or low connectivity All indication lamps on the router show as before We have so far tried and nothing worked we have good working computer knowledge but not troubleshooting and stuff - restarted router many times- restarted computer many times- did Laptop wireless int. connection and IPTV work, desktop computer int. connection doesn't (LAN) a system restore- unplugged the router s power - disconnected laptop from the network - changed the LAN cable for a new one- changed the IP address Laptop wireless int. connection and IPTV work, desktop computer int. connection doesn't (LAN) from automatically to manually and typed some other addresses as advised by our ISP who in the end said that we need to reinstall the drivers for network card - following our ISP s advice we tried to find the the driver in device manager there was a driver named network controller we thought that was the one and uninstalled it rebooted the computer and tried to install the driver back from the disk that came with the computer supposedly all drivers on one disk but the disk said all drivers are installed Now we don t have that network controller installed Device manager isn t showing any exclamation marks or other marks Windows diagnostic says that router is working fine Also I don t know if it s related but the internet on the laptop is slower than before and many times I get web page unavailable connection time out and stuff

A:Laptop wireless int. connection and IPTV work, desktop computer int. connection doesn't (LAN)

Start/Run...type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

Click plus sign by Networ Adapters group.

What do you see?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278751/laptop-wireless-int-connection-and-iptv-work-desktop-computer-int-connection-doesnt-lan/
Relevancy 58.91%

I just inherited a nearly-new laptop that seems to have always had connectivity issues We thought that the previous owner just had bad wireless but our current router is brand new and works smoothly with all other computers in the household It s a Dell Studio installed with a -bit Windows OS For Dell Solved: Connection Laptop Problems Internet wireless connection there s both an Intel R Wifi Link AGN and an external Belkin Basic Wireless USB Adapter I ve been having connectivity issues Both devices are able to see networks Solved: Dell Laptop Internet Connection Problems and you can select to connect to them But half the time the two of them stay in a cycle of quot Identifying quot and then disconnecting or simply won t connect at all when enabled The other half of the time one device or another connects to the internet and functions slowly for a minute or two before becoming despondent Solved: Dell Laptop Internet Connection Problems again even Solved: Dell Laptop Internet Connection Problems though the Belkin adapter worked fine on a previous Dell computer we had At one point the connecting devices would work for several hours at a time without a problem and reconnect easily when they became faulty I just switched between one or the other but now neither one is working for more than a minute or two at a time and I m posting this with an Ethernet cable plugged into the side of the laptop It s been suggested to me that the wifi card or some of the other internal hardware is quot overheating quot since earlier it seemed that if I disabled wireless for periods of time the wifi connection would then work But as of today that method isn t proving true anymore and I don t think that s it I ve tried diagnose and repair turning the router off and on restarting the computer deleting and recreating the wireless profile disabling and re-enabling the network connections and TCP IP reset at the instructions of various threads None of these solutions have worked Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Okay I have this:
1. A Laptop with Wi-Fi
2. A Desktop without Wi-Fi card
3. An ADSL modem with Wi-Fi and 4 RJ-45 jacks

Now I can use Internet with connecting my Laptop to my modem via Wi-Fi.

I can use Internet on my Desktop via the RJ-45/Cable. But I am not able to use internet on both machines simultaneously.
Now:
1. I want to know how can I share my internet connection on both machines.
My ISP is BSNL (India) and it require a username and password to connect to Internet.
2. Can I share files without buying any extra equipment?

Please reply as soon as possible.
Thanks!

Relevancy 58.91%

I have wireless internet with a cisco valet router. My problem is that yesterday when I turned on a laptop that I use only once a week or so, now shows the signal strength of the network but I can not gain access to it. The main error message I get when I troubleshoot is that the network connection has come unplugged.
Yes, I have the wireless switch turned on, on the laptop. That was the first thing I checked. I uninstalled cisco software on the laptop and reinstalled it and the laptop will not connect to the network. What do I do next to get this resolved?
Hopefully I can fix this problem by not messing with the router, just the laptop.

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all Due to the untimely demise of my old wireless adsl router after an altercation with a destructive toddler I ve bought a new one Connected it via cable to my laptop amp have set it all up through the wizard laptop won't connection internet recognise router; Solved: New When I m connected via cable I can access the internet perfectly well However if I try to connect using wireless it can see the wireless router asks for password tells me I m connected to the router - but it tells me that I m in Solved: New router; laptop won't recognise internet connection a local network only ie can t find the internet I ve connected another laptop and a few smartphones to wireless and they all work without any problem at all I ve done the usual take it all apart amp start again but it still comes back to the same problem The only thing I wondered was that the new router is Wireless N whereas the old laptop is a b g - but we ve got an older HTC smartphone that s only b g and that doesn t have any Solved: New router; laptop won't recognise internet connection problems Is there something really obvious that I ought to check If not what other information do would help to pinpoint the problem Thanks teg nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi My laptop has been working fine until yesterday Now Advent connect Laptop Solved: ethernet internet or wirelessly via the to wont Roma it wont connect to the internet AT ALL It wont connect wirelessly and it wont connect when using an ethernet cable The weird thing is that my dad s laptop also connects to the internet wirelessly also however his laptop is working fine The desktop computer upstairs can connect to the internet via Ethernet cable I ve tried diagnosing the connection but there is no solution When I hover over the wireless connection on the toolbar it says Local and Internet and it shows full green bars I m using a Belkin router I ve tried turning off the router MANY times to no avail I ve also removed the wirelesss connection from my laptop and then re-added it but still it doesn t display internet pages I can t even go on my routers settings on the laptop because it won Solved: Advent Roma Laptop wont connect to the internet wirelessly or via ethernet t load the page I m new to this forum so if I ve missed out any important details just let me know and I ll see if I can provide them nbsp

A:Solved: Advent Roma Laptop wont connect to the internet wirelessly or via ethernet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-advent-roma-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet-wirelessly-or-via-ethernet.957656/
Relevancy 58.48%

hello,
i been using my laptop to surf and recently got a desktop but dont currently have a wireless network card installed so would like to connect the desktop to the laptop and access the net that way but im not sure what to do once i connected them both with network cable.

help much appreciated thanks.

A:Solved: cant connect my desktop t laptop to share internet connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-my-desktop-t-laptop-to-share-internet-connection.755880/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I ve had some trouble with this and I post here because I ran into this topic which is almost the same as my problem Recently I started renting out one of my rooms to this guy with a Windows laptop Everything I have is Apple - iMac with Windows in dualboot - Macbook with Windows in dualboot - iPhone - iPad - Airport Extreme that is Solved: laptop connects connection flatmate's Internet when crashes connected to the modem router from the ISP by cable to create its own more stable wireless network I never had any trouble with this network not when my Macbook is running Windows or when classmates come over to work on a project some have Windows but as soon as this guy moved in Solved: Internet connection crashes when flatmate's laptop connects the internet started acting weird Example The internet is working fine but when my flatmate comes home and opens his laptop the internet crashes Any process that was already connected continues to work fine e g a downloading torrent-file but any new quot assignment quot for the internet just creates an error in Chrome quot the page does not exist quot or quot the server Solved: Internet connection crashes when flatmate's laptop connects took too long to respond quot for example At those times I can t even connect to my router through but the WiFi still works I can stream videos over the network from iMac to iPad without a problem After about minutes the internet is up again only to repeat the above after about minutes I now have denied his MAC-address access from our router because it was impossible to do schoolwork or just basic browsing but I would like to just give him access of course it s in the contract I m going to call my ISP tomorrow and ask what they think is wrong but I m certain it s my new renter s laptop He claims his computer is completely clean but I m suspecting there is Solved: Internet connection crashes when flatmate's laptop connects some kind of process running that just clogs all DNS-requests or am I saying something weird now I appreciate all your help and I hope to get this fixed nbsp

A:Solved: Internet connection crashes when flatmate's laptop connects

If he is using an integrated wireless adapter he should make sure he has the latest driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site. For an external adapter the latest driver from the adapter manufacturer's site.

What version of Windows? If Vista it may just be one of those inexplicable Vista "things."

Is the modem/router wireless? If so, maybe you could have him connect to that to see if it helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-crashes-when-flatmates-laptop-connects.1081338/
Relevancy 58.48%

Greetings I recently ran into a fatal error with my hard drive and needed to replace it for my Sony VAIO laptop Upon receiving and successfully mounting the new drive and formatting the disk internet wireless Establishing VAIO on laptop Solved: connection thereafter I managed to download and install some necessary drivers with success specifically the audio and video drivers However I am having some difficulty in reaching the internet simply because there is not a known wireless connection I think that when we had originally bought the laptop it was already configured with a wireless setup but I cannot be certain Our Solved: Establishing wireless internet connection on VAIO laptop router is a NETGEAR but we never had to install the wireless NETGEAR software on the laptop Instead with the pre-existing wireless system it simply detected routers in range and provided a list of these available networks From there we would commonly select NETGEAR and enter the necessary password key The problem that I am currently facing is that I cannot access the list of available networks The model of this laptop is a Sony VAIO VGN-FS W and we bought it in I would greatly appreciate any help that you can provide Trav nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I have a Vista Home Premium SP I have a problem with my Laptop everytime I connect to my wireless internet I use Belkin Wireless fails for Solved: Desktop Connection Internet works but Laptop. for router It gives me a messege quot Unidentified Network quot and that my computer has limited or no connectivity that is impossible since I have bars of signal This is the first time it happened I have been using this laptop daily to surf the web since I bought it about months ago Could anyone help me And also here is the stuff from ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host name Compute-PC Primary DNA Suffix IP routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adaptor Solved: Internet Connection works for Desktop but fails for Laptop. Local Area Connection Media State Media Disconnected Connection-specific DNA Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - B- - C- DCHP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connections Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel lt R gt WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - B- - -F DHCP enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Solved: Internet Connection works for Desktop but fails for Laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-works-for-desktop-but-fails-for-laptop.844127/
Relevancy 58.48%

I am seeking advice here to solve a problem with internet connection on my laptop The laptop Thinkpad X running bit Vista seems to be ok to connect to my router which is connected to a cable modem Internet is also connected on the base level more details below However Internet Explorer or firefox opera cannot find any web page and Mozilla Thunderbird email program cannot connect to email server I am decently ok with computers so I have run some checks myself This is not a problem of router or cable modem as my other computers can access internet through the same router and modem Also the laptop gets an IP address from the router and can connect to shared resources on other computers within the same network The laptop also finds outside addresses and get a response when I run ping command e g ping www internet not problem browser does connection work weird but connection in Vista, fine google com or ping www yahoo com suggesting that the connection to DNS server is fine at the base level I was suspecting that windows firewall my Symantec antivirus or VPN is creating the problem But the problem persists after I disabled firewall and the antivirus software and deleted VPN connection One important thing to mention is that this problem starts when after a software install which I removed afterwards I tried to run netsh reset by quot netsh winsock reset catalog quot quot netsh int ipv reset myreset log quot and quot netsh int ipv reset myreset log quot and restart Still does not work Really desperate for a solution Any suggestions Thank you nbsp

A:weird internet connection problem in Vista, connection fine but browser does not work

Hi Rainstone,
Did you try system restore.to the date before installing that bad software?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-internet-connection-problem-in-vista-connection-fine-but-browser-does-not-work.919151/
Relevancy 58.48%

I just bridged the connection between my Shuttle mini desktop which I'm using a wireless adapter to connect to my belkin N router, but my xbox won't connect to the network..any ideas on how to fix this?

A:Xbox 360 bridged connection wont work

What exactly are you trying to do.. Give the Xbox internet? Media folder sharing from your laptop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/137778-xbox-360-bridged-connection-wont-work.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I run Vista Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron Notebook Something that is a recent wakes not but connection laptop Lose Solved: local when internet up. wireless problem in the last few weeks often when I have to hit the power button to wake up the notebook from sleep mode hibernation I Solved: Lose internet but not local wireless connection when laptop wakes up. lose the internet connection but still have local connection I disconnect and try to connect but can t but when I reboot it automatically reconnects fine to local and internet I say often as sometime after a short sleep it is still connected Have checked all settings and everything seems fine but maybe I missed something This never use to happen Only change I have made I can think of is I installed COMODO firewall a few weeks back about the same time I recall this starting My wife s PC with Norton Internet Security always gets the internet connection after wakeup without problem The two computers are not networked but use the same wireless router The only other thing I did was stop Superspywareblaster from opening at startup so I could just use it to scan occassionally I also run Nod Any ideas as I am a bt baffled by this glitch thanks G nbsp

A:Solved: Lose internet but not local wireless connection when laptop wakes up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lose-internet-but-not-local-wireless-connection-when-laptop-wakes-up.666364/
Relevancy 57.19%

for almost a year my computer has not allowed me to open anything without choosing wat application i want to open it with. i have to right click and choose run in order to get anything to open. Now i tried to download itunes and when i tried to run it it said the application was not found. Does anybody know whats wrong??

A:Solved: files wont open and downloads wont work

Try this fix: EXEFIX

Unzip the fix and extract the .reg file to the desktop. Double-click it to merge it to the registry. Note that you need to be an Administrator to apply this fix.

Reboot the computer.

If the fix only opens as a text file, right-click it and select Open With > Choose Program... Then, select the Registry Editor.

If the Registry Editor is not in the list, browse to C:\WINDOWS and select regedit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-files-wont-open-and-downloads-wont-work.1003846/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a laptop now at my friends that DOESNT WORK! Back in 2010 the laptop started to turn off randomly, but then about 6 months ago it just gave in and shut down randomly and wont turn on, like NOTHING HAPPENS. No lights, no screen, no sound, no ANYTHING! Power button does nothing, the bootloader doesn't show and the hard drives doesn't move. Please tell me as soon a posible!Spoiler (Highlight to read)Im not shure its the correct productIm not shure its the correct product 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-wont-WORK/td-p/5650531
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a laptop now at my friends that DOESNT WORK! Back in 2010 the laptop started to turn off randomly, but then about 6 months ago it just gave in and shut down randomly and wont turn on, like NOTHING HAPPENS. No lights, no screen, no sound, no ANYTHING! Power button does nothing, the bootloader doesn't show and the hard drives doesn't move. Please tell me as soon a posible! (I think the motherboard died) Spoiler (Highlight to read)Im not shure its the correct productIm not shure its the correct product  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-wont-WORK-AT-ALL/td-p/5650532
Relevancy 56.33%

ok I have a Toshiba MK GSX GB SATA Laptop HDD which i have been wont laptop work told has failed I finally got a Sata Pata converter card only goes SATA TO laptop wont work PATA in an attempt to recover the data When i boot my desktop with my regular HDD PATA and the SATA HDD as the secondary it would detect that it was a Toshiba MK GSX but would not boot SO I plugged the primary HDD in on its own cable in pl and the SATA on its own cable in pl I then was able to boot The black screen at the boot showed the drive but when windows came up and I checked in MY COMPUTER XP the drive was not there So i then went to ADD NEW HARDWARE and there was no help ALSO I have a second PATA HDD that i use to store files so i know i can have more than Update i ordered BRAND NEW GB HDDs of the exact same type I ran the out-of-box-state restore and it installed Windows Vista and set the new HDD as if it was OoB When laptop restarted it got to the Windows loading screen and the SD card reader light came on with no card and would not progress I tried putting a card in and removing it and it then went to CONFIGURING WINDOWS FOR FIRST TIME USE Afterwards it restarted and got to the loading screen SD light came on and never progressed even after trying adding removing card hrs later no progress nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-work.749413/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have an acer travelmate 2450. I have upgraded the cpu to a 2 GHz dual core and 1.5 ram. I have recently got my hand on 2 1GB stick of ram. When i put them both in the computer wont boot. However when I put them in one at a time it does boot. What is the problem and why wont they both work at the same time? (THe max amount of ram on the motherboard is 2Gb so i am not going over the limit)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-ram-wont-work-help.703107/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi!
I have all my class assignments on a CD. Up until today, I have been able to open the CD on my laptop and access my files. Today, when I popped the CD in, there was nothing on it. I put the CD in my other computer, and it reads the CD fine. The only trouble is that computer does not have MS Office on it so opening the files on that computer is just as useless.
Should I restart my computer? (I don't remember seing any notifications that I got new updates)
Is my drive dirty? (if so, what is the best way to clean it?)
Thanks for any advice!

Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Compaq Presario 1694 that I recently upgraded to 30 gig hard drive and 194 mg of RAM. I also installed Windows XP Professional and this worked great for about a week. Now I cant get it to boot. When I turn it on, the COMPAQ logo comes up and I hit F8. When I make a selection there, like run in SAFE MODE or Start Windows Normally the screen will freeze. Any ideas? This is my sons college p.o.s. computer and I need it to last a little bit longer! HELP!

A:Laptop wont work!

sounds to me like the hard-drive crapped out on you... try getting a new one on warentee and i also wouldnt put xp on a computer that old... try windows 2000

Matt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/laptop-wont-work-26074.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello

My mic wont work on my computer. I got an external mic and creative sb x-fi sound card. The mic worked perfect on my laptop (running win7) where it got recognized at once. When I plug it in on my soundcard i look at the sound settings I see " Microphone, creative sb x-fi, standardenhet". When i plugged it in on the laptop it said like" Microphone, external blablabal" I've downloaded the latest drivers , tested my mic in all plugs ( on the front of comp too) but nothin seems to work. In teh sound settings it never change from "Microphone, creative sb x-fi, standardenhet" when i connect mic. It's like it dont even recognize the mic.
what to do?
Ty for help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mic-wont-work-win-7-works-laptop.977844/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi again :)

This one is puzzling me alot :/ I cant seem to get the homegroup working between my desktop and my laptop (both running Windows 7 HE SP1). I create the homegroup with my desktop and used the password provided to connect to it on my laptop. It says they are connected. I can access my laptops libraries on my desktop, but if i try to use my laptop to access the desktops libraries i see this:

I have tried disabling the firewall (Avg) on both computers.. Id also like to add that the desktop computer does not always show up in the network.. it is very inconsistent.. I have no clue what is going on!
Any help?!?
Thanks
Labarr15

A:Laptop wont work with homegroup

Well start with what it lists there first. Particularity the network location. Also, if you have Windows firewall up try disabling it as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-wont-work-with-homegroup-587693.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I need help. I got fed up with XP so I changed OS back to 2000 on my laptop and my desktop. Now the cd-rw will not work, the pc's both recognize them as their respective titles of write-ables. But if you place a blank disc in both will not see the disc. Also there is no burning due to do burners available. I can still use the cd part to read from if the disc is formatted and has info. I updated the drives and still have no success. Please help.

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello all, my laptop wont run, it comes up with a screen and it says power on and key. But other than this it wont do nothing. I cannot access anything and no button does anything. Is the computer locked? Is there a way i can fix this?

A:My laptop wont work properly

Of course yur laptop cannot run..becoz they don't have legs to run hehe..

Does it new Laptop or old laptop ? try to go to safe mode by pressing F8 see if it load..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-wont-work-properly.459243/
Relevancy 55.9%

My friend has a laptop at home, he has Dial up connection, it works on the home PC but not his laptop. It was working but just stopped,

I took the Laptop into work and hooked it up to the wireless connection and the same thing happens. (No connection)

I think there might be a virus on this system stopping it from working.

Does anyone have any tips for stuff to check, Or any programs i can download, Burn to CD and run on his PC.

I was thinking Spybot Serach and destory and maybe Hi-jack this.

If anyone has any pointers please let me know

PS this laptop is running very slow..

thanks.

A:web wont work / slow laptop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=15968

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/web-wont-work-slow-laptop-115706.html
Relevancy 55.9%

have about a year Toshiba laptop and I right [Help] wont laptop on Windows my XP work am having [Help] Windows XP wont work right on my laptop extreme trouble with it I am about to throw it out my third story window but I thought I [Help] Windows XP wont work right on my laptop should post here to see if any if you guys could help It all started about a month ago when my computer was running very slowly and one day I got a message saying message saying windows have to shut down due to a critical error So it shut down and when I tried to reboot it said windows could not run because of a missing windows directory and to run the recovery console on the windows XP CD Well the problem was that I don t have the window XP CD just the Toshiba recovery CD which formats the drive and automatically installs windows XP Well so I tried using the Toshiba Recovery CD but kept on getting either a bad system partition error it installed but when I restarted all I got was a blank screen like no operating system was installed or that same windows directory error About after the th try of using the Toshiba recovery CD I got windows installed successfully However it ran very very very slow even at the boot up I managed to run ad aware and a virus scanner and it found spy ware and viruses on it even though it was a clean install That s not my main problem though every time my computer went to sleep automatically after hr or so and came back up it would show that same windows error Saying that windows could not start because the windows system config system directory is missing So I ran the recovery CD again and the same thing happens once I finally get windows installed it goes to sleep and never gets back up successfully This has been an endless process So I got a couple questions to ask in order to attempt to fix this before I throw the damn thing out the window Anyone ever heard of this problem and a solution of windows not starting up properly after it automatically goes to sleep How it is possible for me to still have spy ware and viruses after I format it with the Toshiba recovery CD My CPU usage fluctuates from about to constantly I assume this is because of the spy ware and virus s but I ran ad-aware and it said I had processes and process modules What exactly are process modules and what are other reasons for my CPU usage to be so high I am running off a local area university connection connecting with my USB port is it possible the virus s and spy ware on getting on through there after I run the Toshiba recovery console Is there any diagnostics software program that can tell me the condition of my hard drive ram etc can of like a benchmarking program That s about it for now if you have any idea how to get my laptop back to normal health please respond Also can you give some tips and any routine maintenance you perform to prevent from something like this happening Thanks for your help David nbsp

A:[Help] Windows XP wont work right on my laptop

Instead of using the recovery cd, try to get a window xp cd from someone and do the clean installation again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-windows-xp-wont-work-right-on-my-laptop.338139/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey everyone,
So today my friend dropped his laptop and said that the computer wont work. So I took it in my hands. The laptop is a Acer 5532-5194. The problem is that when ever i boot the laptop, all the leds turn on ( the power led, the optical drive led) and even the optical drive can eject, but no display! Its just a black screen and nothing appears. I tried to boot it without the battery and just AC adaptor but that didn't make a difference. I swapped hard drives with my own laptop, that didn't work. Not sure what else to try and what the heck the problem is. I even plugged it into a external monitor seeing if that would do any good...NOPE, I was wrong. So could someone else tell me what I could do to fix it and what the problem may be?
Thanks

Relevancy 55.9%

my hp laptop has a d/ drive for backup but when I try to back up files I get a backup failed notification

A:hp laptop d/ backup wont work

Hi patrick477,Welcome to the BC forums.Your d/ drive is probably set up for use as a recovery drive, as opposed to a place for backups.Look at START -> COMPUTER and a screen showing your various drives should pop up. Does it show Recover (D:)?Take a look at the HP Customer Care site here and see if it addresses your problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/378374/hp-laptop-d-backup-wont-work/
Relevancy 55.9%

The camera on my Laptop does not work and has never worked.  When i click on the "Camera App" from the start menu the app opens and says "to get started connect a camera".  When i try to use the camera online it wont open and doesnt detect there is one.  Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Camera-wont-work-on-Laptop/td-p/5641462
Relevancy 55.9%

the bottom half of my laptop does not work.. im typing with an on screen keyboard and a plug in mouse but here is the story.. it was thundering out and it was pretty bad so then the lights flickered, shutting down my xbox (i was playing that) and my computer was STILL plugged in so i think it might have fried something or loose wires.. this all was on like 6/24/2010... still messed up today, so.. any one know something that can be done?? besides taking it to best buy? it was an christmas gift and i took it in 1 time before for, it had an active worm virus in it so it is in good condition and its the whole keyboard spared all the ports.

A:keyboard wont work for laptop

It does sound like the storm damaged it. If it is still under warranty then take it back immediately.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-wont-work-for-laptop-494211.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Since you guys call accessing someone's open/unsecure connection theft.. I tried this the legal way. Took my laptop to starbucks where they have free access point. My laptop connected to it with no problem, but internet still wont work. When I check status of the connection I see that it sends packates but none are recieved. So basically when I open the IE it just gives me the DNS cannot find network error with the default error page.

Relevancy 55.47%

Can you guys please help me. On my other pc it has a wireless adapter but it says the internet is limited and it says the ipv4 has no connectivity. Can you please help

A:Help My internet wont work

Try an alternative DNS server

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130572-help-my-internet-wont-work.html
Relevancy 55.47%

ive had my laptop for a while now and firefox has worked fine until a few months ago. at first firefox works perfectly and same with ie but if i leave it on for an hour or so they wont work. i would type something into the google toolbar or the addressbar and it would have the little spinning circle thing for a second and not do ANYTHING. this problem is really frustrating and the only way i found so far is to restart my computer. i tried restarting firefox and even uninstalled it but it still does it. can anyone help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/internet-wont-work-524942.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Ive had a wont work Internet virus and though that i got rid of it but just about a week after removing it using avast i cant use the internet anymore Everytime i open up the internet explorer it gives me an error message saying quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot and when i try to go to a different site like google it changes the address to http and gives me an error saying that quot The address is not valid quot Ive already tried Internet wont work to fix Internet wont work the internet connection but that doesnt work and all other computers connected to the router work just fine Also all programs trying to update anything cant do so because they cant connect to the internet I had to get HJT on another computer and put it on a stick run it on the infected computer put the HJT log back on the stick and now send it from the working computer just because the internet doesnt work Someone please help me because im staring to get really mad and i feel really helpless Here is my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system FsUsbExService Exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files VolumeTray VolumeTray exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung New PC Studio NPSAgent exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http runescape com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleSyncNotifier exe O - HKLM Run VolumeTray C Program Files VolumeTray VolumeTray exe O - HKLM Run avast quot C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe quot nogui O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run Uniblue RegistryBooster C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exe S O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run WRPCAgent C Program Files WinSoftMagic WinRemotePC sxe tmp O - HKCU Run AutoStartNPSAgent C Program Files Samsung Samsung New PC Studio NPSAgent exe O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-wont-work.903654/
Relevancy 55.47%

The exact message is:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime error!
Program: C\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

A:Internet wont work

Are you getting this in Yahoo?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270588/internet-wont-work/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a wont Internet work desktop running Windows Vista Home Premium bit system Internet wont work About months ago as I was web surfing Norton Anti Virus popped up and asked me to renew my subscription Now I have never had Norton and clicked no Upon clicking no my internet Internet wont work crashed and everytime I try to get it up again it says it can't connect When I check my modem it says the signal gets to the modem and that's it I know most of you are saying its probably not compatible but it was running just fine up to the point that Norton came up I ran anti virus anti malware removers and nothing has worked The modem is not faulty as I have another computer running Windows XP Home Premium SP and it connects to the internet on it I have even tried using command prompt to identify it but nothing How can a computer I used for nearly one year on the same modem just crash like that and not work again Can someone help me please

Have you run Malwarebytes Anti-malware program, because it does sound like you got infected. Download the Anti-Malware on the XP pc and save it to a jump drive, boot the desktop running Vista and run the Anti-malware program. If it finds something, go to the main forum page here on this site and following the directions for being infected there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-wont-work-514876.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey, so I come home and my
D-Link WUA-1340 Wireless G USB Adapter
stops blinking randomly I've had it for maybe two years and it hasn't given me
problems but now it has.
I live in a hot state could this mean it overheated? Do I need to buy a new one?
Is there anyway I dont have to use this adapter and connect from my
home line? I also dont have the disc it came with
I need help please !

A:My internet wont work !

Does it work at all?
you don't need the original disk for the drivers,
downloading this
http://download.cnet.com/D-Link-WUA-1340-USB-Adapter/3000-2112_4-92021.html
re-install the driver for the Wifi adapter, then try redoing the steps to connect to the network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-internet-wont-work.1004332/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi currently im using windows xp home edition My router is a netgear DG gt I m also using avast antivirus zone alarm firewall and spywaredoctor which monitors the background not sure if this might explain it - - The problem only occurs when i update my windows I would be able to access Internet work! wont the internet for a few minutes before it disconnects if i click repair it says it s connected however after a while varies from few minutes to few hours it disconnects again My brothers internet also goes a bit strange when he updates the windows update So can someone help please thanks Here s a HJT log if necessary Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved Internet wont work! at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system UAService exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system ltmsg exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C program files steam steam exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS system DllHost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files mIRC mirc exe F Program Files Opera Opera exe C Documents and Settings name removed Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - C A - A- - B - F B A - C WINDOWS system opnkkkj dll file missing O - BHO no name - D EC- A F- b - C -D D FDD - C WINDOWS system qcnnkjqy dll file missing O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS System IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run LTWinModem ltmsg exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run CloneCDTray quot C Program Files SlySoft CloneCD CloneCDTray exe quot s O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run snpstd C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe O - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX Exe O -... Read more

Relevancy 55.47%

I formatted and now it wont pick up on my internet the network card is old so it should just pick up on it with no problems and no driver installation but ever since i installed windows xp sp3 it will not pick up on it any clues?

Bios: PheonixBios 4.0 Release 6.0
Processor: Intel Pentium 2 398 MHZ
Video: Nvidia RIVA TNT2/TNT2PRO
WINDOWS: XP, Service Pack 3

Hi there,

Just because the card is old does not mean that the drivers are included in Windows. Windows includes the most common, not the oldest. i'd recomment checking the model number on the card and searching Google or DriverGuide for the right driver. If you post the model number, i can find it for you if you need.

Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-wont-work.755683/
Relevancy 55.47%

my internet wont work. I have the new black bt hub. Its been working ok for weeks but now it wont work, iv turned it off and on and still doesent work. But my xbox live works ok

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-wont-work-341716.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi you guys,

I'am having a problem with my internet, I have windows xp, sp2. My Router and My Modem working perfectly all the connections are correct(triple check them) it was workgin last week no changes at all but i got some spyware (spyware is gone). I tried system restore, wont do it, I tried system restore in safe mode wont do it, do you guys think it could be some hidden spyware in there? what can I do?

Thanks,

El Chafa

A:Internet Wont Work...

What type of router are you usin? Try resetting the router back to factory defaults and reconfigure it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90176/internet-wont-work/
Relevancy 55.47%

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/1022110-internet-wont-work-after-spyware.html

Do not start multiple threads on the same topic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-wont-work.1022122/
Relevancy 55.47%

My problem is that I cannot access the internet through my LAC. I enable the connection and it will connect and send packets, but will not receive any packets. I have no problems enabling my wireless connection and connecting to the internet. The wireless does like to disconnect and reconnect about 3 or 4 times an hour which is another problem I have. I believe this LAC problem started around the same time I was trying to get shared music between my computers on iTunes. I was trying to allow for connection on port 3689, but everything I did was unsuccessful. Any suggestions for any of these problems I'm having?

A:Solved: Local Area Connection: doesn't work, Wireless: does work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-doesnt-work-wireless-does-work.772401/
Relevancy 55.47%

Ok i have a dell latitude c wont speakers My do work headphones (laptop) laptop When i go to device manager and check sound video and game controllers and press the sign the following things come down -AUDIO CODECS -AUDIO CODECS -INTEL R AC AUDIO CONTROLLER-SIGMATEL CODEC -LEGACY AUDIO DRIVERS -LEGACY VIDEO CAPTURE DEVICE -MEDIA CONTROL DEVICES -VIDEO CODECS I did the basic things going to audio control and un-mute everything and put it on full and then checked my laptop for volume button there was none except for a keyboard command to adjust volume i set it to high There is nothing wrong with the sound card no yellow exlamation mark Speakers worked till weeks ago System restore is not a option Im working on a windows xp pro No driver Cd and not a funtional CD DRIVE on the laptp anyway The speakers seem to work when i enter system restore it makes a loud beep noise so im guessing the speakers are still working Any tips Fix and help will be appreciated IF I HAVE TO CHANGE My speakers wont work (laptop) headphones do THE SOUND CARD DRIVER CAN SOME ONE GIVE ME A LINK IM NOT GREAT WHEN IT COMES TO DRIVERS TY LAST THING IF I HAVE TO RE SOILTER SOME My speakers wont work (laptop) headphones do WIRE OF THE SPEAKRS INSIDE CAN SOME DRAW ME A GUIDE SO I KNOW WHAT IM DOING TY APPRECIATED nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-speakers-wont-work-laptop-headphones-do.656174/
Relevancy 55.47%

Can someone help me please I have been trying to use the Copyright ansi code for some of my pictures and I cant get it to work on my laptop.
Hp Pavilion zv6000

A:Ansi codes wont work on Laptop

Welcome!

Do you want to have the symbol appear (The ASCII Copyright symbol)?

If so it is ALT+0169
However it only works on the number pad, not the top row of number keys below the Function keys.

Try enabling the Numlock and using the embedded alternate number keys in the main keyboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ansi-codes-wont-work-on-laptop.576076/
Relevancy 55.47%

i have an hp laptop dv6915nr. restore disks stop at 23% with error 0x400110020000100b if problem continues please contact customer support, witch i did. it seems some how i deleted info on the hard drive for the disks to install. hp will not tell me how to fix this. they want me to send it in for repair at 400$ or a new hard drive at 200$. i can install xp or vista but the drivers will not install and nothing works. ie wireless internet ethernet card. can not connect to internet. can anybody tell me how i can get my recovery disks to work?

thanks

Relevancy 55.47%

hey, here i have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo-pro v3405.
I recently installed vista home premium x86 on it, but after all drivers are installed. The only thing failing to start is my Intel 3945abg wireless network card.
I've checked the Unit list, petty I do not recall what it was called, anyway, it wont work. When I run diagnostics, all it says is, use the pre-made button to turn on your wireless network card. Guess what, I tried all the buttons for the wireless, but no. Won't work.
I did work fine in Xp though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wi-fi-card-in-laptop-wont-work-with-vista-401044.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Dell inspiron 1470

The main problem is that the Sims 3 game wont load on it. I put it in and I can hear it whizzing round however nothing happens and it doesnt recognise it. There are no error messages or anything.

A:Sims 3 wont work on Dell Laptop

Can you access the disc through manually through My Computer? If not, then I would try the disc on another computer. If it doesn't work there, it's possibly a bad disc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-3-wont-work-on-dell-laptop.995930/
Relevancy 55.47%

hi, i accidently dropped averatec laptop...now when starting it up it goes straight to the save mode screen then starts the windows xp logo while the bar is moving and get stuck there for couple minutes then restarts the laptop over again..it doesnt even get to my log on screen...anyone know what i can do to fix this issue??thanks!

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a new Dell laptop Inspiron 1545 with Windows 7 64-bit, Pentium(R) Dual core CPU T4200 @ 2.0GHz (2CPU's), 4096MB RAM. The graphics card is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330

The main problem is that the Sims 3 game wont load on it. I put it in and I can hear it whizzing round however nothing happens and it doesnt recognise it. There are no error messages or anything.

I have used the game on a previous Dell laptop and it worked fine so the game is alright, also, I have played other games on my new laptop and its fine. On the other hand it doesnt recognise certain DVD's either. I thought the spec of my laptop was adequate for the Sims 3 but I could be wrong. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

A:Sims 3 wont work on new Dell laptop

What happens when you double-click on the DVD drive letter in Computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-3-wont-work-on-new-dell-laptop.896845/
Relevancy 55.47%

So as the title says the keys on the top of my laptop Under the F Numbers Laptop Keyboard work wont on keys don t work in the sense that they give a jumble of symbols more than one number rather than what it should So from left to right finishing at the backspace this is what i get What you should normally get is on the left and what i got is on the right Doesn t give any number it just opens a new tab in the browser - - - With Shift amp amp amp - Sometimes it works alright and other Numbers on Laptop Keyboard wont work times this is what happens Though this is the longest period of time that it has been messed up for Also all the other keys work fine System Specs Also i Numbers on Laptop Keyboard wont work haven t spilt anything really on there I did spray my keyboard with some disinfectant a few times to clean it and stuff but other than that no copious amounts of liquid Please help me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/numbers-on-laptop-keyboard-wont-work.1048830/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an IBM Thinkpad T42 and the CD drive wont read CDs... it reads like 1/60 CDs but it Reads DVDs ok. It gets errors in the middle of burning and its pissing me off cause I cant boot my live versions of linux now any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cd-drive-wont-work-properly.318307/
Relevancy 55.47%

I used to have a laptop connected with wireless (netgear WG511) through a router (D-link) to my main computer with the internet.

Yesterday I got a new laptop, upgrading from an IBM r40 to an r52, and was wondering how to get the wireless network working again. The r52 appears to have a wireless card built in, and can find networks, as it can find my neighbours one (but cant connect)

I tried installing the Netgear external wireless card, but that didnt do anything except make a new network connection, which also didnt work.

If there is any other information thats needed, please let me know cos I really dont have much idea at all...

Both computers run Windows XP

Cheers

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello guys and gals,
The internet will not work on a computer and I am think that it is a driver problem but I have had a brain fart. Where should I go? Thanks

A:Cable internet wont work

Device Manager to see if driver is installed or to uninstall one.

The Driver CD that came with the computer or the internet (with another computer) to find a driver.

Is either of those what you meant by "Where should I go?"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cable-internet-wont-work.635242/
Relevancy 55.04%

ok i am doing this on my computer for my friend.......for the past two weeks on his computer, when he tries to get on internet explorer it will pop up and then disappear out of nowhere. once it disappears an error report pops up and he can never do anything over the net but aim....please try to help him...thanks!!

A:internet explorer wont work!!

Download HijackThis from here. Make a new folder for the program and then open it, click Scan. When it finishes scanning, do no remove anything but instead save the log and post it here.

Someone will then be happy to help afterwards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-wont-work.216093/
Relevancy 55.04%

This computer is going nuts Could someone lend me some wisdom Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS internet work!! explorer wont SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C internet explorer wont work!! WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL ACS ACSD EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCEVTMGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCSETMGR EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RPCSS EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HIDSERV EXE C WINDOWS PCTVOICE EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ EASY ACCESS BUTTON SUPPORT CPQEADM EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ EASY ACCESS BUTTON SUPPORT BTTNSERV EXE C COMPAQ CPQINET CPQINET EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ EASY ACCESS BUTTON SUPPORT internet explorer wont work!! EAUSBKBD EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ DIGITAL DASHBOARD DEVGULP EXE C PROGRAM FILES MOTIVE MOTMON EXE C WINDOWS GTWATCH EXE C PROGRAM FILES REAL REALPLAYER REALPLAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSBB EXE C PROGRAM FILES CLEARSEARCH LOADER EXE C PROGRAM FILES ISTSVC ISTSVC internet explorer wont work!! EXE C PROGRAM FILES BARGAIN BUDDY BIN BARGAINS EXE C PROGRAM FILES MEDIA MEDIA UPDATESTATS EXE C WINDOWS RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS UPTODATE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM IEDRIVER IEDRIVER EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCPD-LC SYMLCSVC EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCAPP EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES UPDATER WUPDATER EXE C PROGRAM FILES SUPERBAR SBHC EXE C WINDOWS RUNDLL EXE C PROGRAM FILES ICQ NDETECT EXE C WINDOWS EMSW EXE C PROGRAM FILES ALSET HELPEXPRESS DEFAULT HXDL EXE C WINDOWS APPLICATION DATA OECM EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES MICROSOFT SHARED WORKS SHARED WKCALREM EXE C WINDOWS TWAIN A U K WATCH EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM QOTU EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM GXG W EXE C PROGRAM FILES MYSEARCH BAR BIN S NS EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETSCAPE COMMUNICATOR PROGRAM NETSCAPE EXE C PROGRAM FILES MYSEARCH BAR BIN S NS EXE C WINDOWS WJVIEW EXE C WINDOWS WJVIEW EXE C WINDOWS DESKTOP HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar file C WINDOWS SYSTEM sb htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search presario net scripts redirectors presario srchredir dll c c amp s searchbar amp LC R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page http www loopup com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page http www loopup com R - URLSearchHook IncrediFindBHO Class - D FF - BE- -B C - BB A - C PROGRA INCRED BHO INCFIN DLL N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http cf icq com cf coollinks html quot C Program Files Netscape Users default prefs js O - BHO no name - A- - DD -BE F- D E - C WINDOWS TPS DLL O - BHO no name - EF - - - C - AA A DA - C WINDOWS SYSTEM TD DLL O - BHO My Search BHO - DA C - F- a- CD- CFE CFF - C PROGRAM FILES MYSEARCH BAR BIN S BAR DLL O - BHO no name - CF B - EEB- - C - EF F - C WINDOWS SYSTEM STLBDIST DLL O - BHO no name - C - F C- BD-A D -D EB C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMSJET DLL O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO NavErrRedir Class - D FF - BE- -B C - BB A - C PROGRA INCRED BHO INCFIN DLL O - BHO no name - - - A A- CE- D BF D C - C PROGRAM FILES LYCOS SIDESEARCH SIDESEARCH DLL O - BHO no name - A D D- F B- D - - F - C PROGRAM FILES SUPERBAR SUPERBAR DLL O - BHO Url Catcher - CE A F - D - - FBE-A D F BC F - C PROGRA BARGAI BIN APUC DLL O - BHO Clear Search - E D A- B F- CF - B - CA D - C PROGRAM FILES CLEARSEARCH IE CLRSCH DLL O - BHO no name - DDBB - - C - A- F F A C F - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSIEFR DLL O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - To... Read more

A:internet explorer wont work!!

sorry I meant to put on a new thread, will try again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-wont-work.216123/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey umm this is my first post so not sure how all this works. Ive been hunting around on this site and found some problems like mine but i tried the fixes and none of them worked for me.

INFO u might want:
CyberPower PC
Got virus reinstalled xp with disk
Cant connect to internet
can connect with xbox 360
tried updating my net adapter but doesnt need one
dont have internet disk of any type
when first got the router plugged it in and worked fine
tried turning off everything and plugging it all back in
posting with sister laptop >.<

anything that could be remotely helpful i appreciate a lot since i would like my internet back. Thank you for your time.

A:Reinstalled XP Internet wont work

In the Device Manager. Make sure the Network Adapter is working correctly and does not have a yellow mark (needs driver). Start by plugging in wired, go to Start/Run and type CMD in the command prompt type ipconfig /flushdns hit Enter. Now type ipconfig /release and hit Enter. Now type ipconfig /renew and hit enter. You should be able to connect wired. Now search for wireless connections and click on yours if you are trying to connect wirelessly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/reinstalled-xp-internet-wont-work-372019.html
Relevancy 55.04%

My internet is not working. This includes Wifi and ethernet. It says "Unidentified Network" "Local Only" but I cant even connect to the local network we have. However, when I boot my vista from safe mode, everything works fine. I can access the local network and internet. So, computer gurus, what wrong with this machine. I was just downloading something, and went to take a shower. When I came back, internet was dead.

I dont want to reinstall windows.

thanks

Bond

Relevancy 55.04%

Gurus
I have a gateway laptop with Vista OS installed.. when i first got it (as a gift) it had IE 7 on it and it seemed to work well.. It then auto upgraded to IE8 and started having issues of "internet explorer has encountered a problem and will shut down"
i downgraded back to seven as i read there were issues of 8 and vista working together but now i get nothing.. as soon as i click on explorer.. i get the shutdown message and its done...

has anyone delt with this?

thanks in advance.

Brian