Windows Support Forum

Switching to Intel

Q: Switching to Intel

Hey guys,

Just signed up although I have been following these forums for a few weeks now

Just after some advice. Basically I have the FX-8350 but I'm looking at switching to Intel (specifically the 4770k) as I've been told it's better for the GPUs I have, currently running dual-290x setup. Someone said the 8350 causes a lot of bottlenecking and that I would get a lot more out of them if I switched to the 4770k? Can anyone attest to that?

Cheers

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Switching to Intel

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Switching to Intel

The 8350 is more than enough. The i7 could gain you a few frames per second (FPS) depending on the game (somewhere from 5 FPS to as much as 15 FPS). I would keep the 8350 until more attractive CPU options come out like Haswell-E or the next generation of AMD FX CPUs or even the 5th generation of Intel's i7.

The reason I am saying this is because the 8350, while it may not perform as well as the 4770K (not by much), the 8350 completely serves your needs and there is no need to upgrade to a 4770K at this moment since it wont bring you that much of an improvement.

I hope this helps.

-JC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/switching-to-intel.201143/
Relevancy 56.33%

As i recently busted my cpu, i am getting it repaired. I was thinking of switching to an intel chip. If I do this (changing the motherboard as well) will i have to change anything on my HDD?

A:switching from AMD->Intel

probably

You will probably have to reformat it. Backup everything and then strip it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/switching-from-amd-intel.37168/
Relevancy 55.47%

The famous problems of switching graphics between ati and intel

i traied every thing :
-installing the latest drivers
-updating bios
-identify the drivers manualy

but nothing happened
does any one know how to solve this problem ?? tell me please

A:Ati/Intel switching graphics

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. What problems are you having ? ...
HP Support document - HP Support Center

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/359015-ati-intel-switching-graphics.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a Windows Bit HP Pavilion g t- Select Edition notebook PC I like to game on my laptop and I recently discovered that alongside the Intel Graphics card that my laptop uses there is also a Radeon HD Series graphics card I am trying to make it so that the games that I m playing run off of the Radeon instead of the Intel card I have done much research Radeon Intel Switching to into the subject and found out that I need to get into the Catalyst Control Center I have downloaded that and downloaded the newest drivers for my card Everytime I try to open up the CCC I get an error message saying that it cannot be started because there are currently no Switching Intel to Radeon settings that can be configured Also every time I turn on my computer Switching Intel to Radeon it says that there are no graphics drivers installed even after downloading them from the AMD site and installing Please help I really want to get into the Catalyst Control Center PS I have found out that pretty much all or atleast what I can find of the functions I m performing throughout my games run off of my Intel card because I have tried disabling that card in the Device Manager and trying to run the games leading to no avail nbsp

A:Switching Intel to Radeon

Hi, and welcome to TSG. Are you sure that your laptop has both video controllers in it? It may be that your g6t-220 had a purchase option to upgrade the motherboard from the Intel graphics controller to the Radeon part.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switching-intel-to-radeon.1152495/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi If you can help me igp.sys to 6770M, BSOD INTEL when switching AMD from overcome this BSOD everytime I switch from intel to AMD M it would be great If not then can you please teach me how to manually configure switching back from AMD to Intel in safe mode to avoid the viscous circle of BSODs after each restart Here's the explanation I have an HP DV with an AMD M and an INTEL GPU switching between them usually works fine by right clicking on the desktop and clicking Configure Switchable Graphics It usually switches fine except a frequent BSOD when switching to the AMD card always showing the same error with igdkmd sys Sometimes the first restart will lead to the BSOD again because the system got stuck on the AMD card and cannot load its drivers properly and I can only go to safe mode once If the second restart after Safe Mode also fails in loading the AMD drivers BSOD when switching from INTEL to AMD 6770M, igp.sys Windows no longer loads and it takes me to the system repair screen which is a mess and I was about to lose all my data in a couple of occasions because of this To avoid this my question for you guys is this how can I manually switch the primary boot GPU from the stuck AMD card back to Intel when I make it to Safe Mode Is there a registry setting or a boot setting for that somewhere Right Clicking on desktop does not work in Safe Mode After I restart BSOD when switching from INTEL to AMD 6770M, igp.sys from Safe mode I want windows to load the Intel GPU and not the AMD Yes I do have BSOD when switching from INTEL to AMD 6770M, igp.sys the latest drivers and been doing a clean install of said drivers for years now the latets release reduced the BSODs when switching but did not eliminate the problems I am not directly asking for help with AMD drivers but on how to manually revert the switch using windows while in Safe Mode Thanks and hugs

A:BSOD when switching from INTEL to AMD 6770M, igp.sys

Before we can help you, you need to follow the instructions: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/337411-bsod-when-switching-intel-amd-6770m-igp-sys.html
Relevancy 55.04%

So I am thinking about upgrading my cpu and switching over to intel but I cant really come up with any good reasons to buy a new cpu and motherboard other than my cpu is outdated and I would like to be able to record lets plays and gameplay. Are there any other pros to buying a new cpu? Like would the performance of my machine increase substantially or something?
P.S I was going to go with a:
Intel i5-3570k
ASRock Z77 Extreme3 ATX LGA1155

pc current specs:
AMD FX-6100-six core processor
16 gb 1033 mhz ram
XFX Radeon 6950
ASUS M5A97 motherboard
windows 7 ultimate

A:I am thinking about upgrading my CPU and switching over to Intel but...

Depends on what you're doing - if you do a lot of video encoding or CPU heavy tasks then it might be a worthwhile upgrade but if not then either upgrade your GPU if your main focus is gaming or SSD if you just want a more responsive machine for general use.

Unless your current CPU is frequently running at 100% there's no real reason to spend so much on an upgrade to a 3570K especially as Intel's next gen Haswell processors are coming out in a few months.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-am-thinking-about-upgrading-my-cpu-and-switching-over-to-intel-but.186851/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, i have a similar problem with this person here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic418407.html

Yes, very similar. I tried disabling the intel display adapter from device manager, restarted and max screen resolute is 1024x768 and not 1366.768.

MY specs are,
Acer 4750G i7
Nvidia Geforce 540M

I pressed F2 to go into Bios but there isnt any menu for me to change primary adapters or etc. Or maybe it could be another BIOS?

Help would be greatly apreciated.

A:Problem switching Intel HD grapphic to Nvidia

Well, this is the nature of Nvidia's Optimus Technology.For basic tasks (usage) that aren't GPU intensive, the system automatically switches to Intel's onboard graphics to save power (better battery life). But when you decided to do some serious gaming or watch HD movies, the system switches to the 540M to meet performance expectations.While there isn't a definitive solution to this problem, you will find an option in the NVIDIA control panel to set the GPU (540M) as your preferred option. You will need to look for this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419567/problem-switching-intel-hd-grapphic-to-nvidia/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,
I have a P4 3ghz prescot cpu with Intel 915g chipset. Now it has a Integrated 900g graphics card and i also have a ATI x800 XT pci-express card. Does anyone know if its possible to switch to the integrated card without taking out the ATI card? i have looked through the BIOS and tried disabling the pci-express port which had no effect

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

A:switching between intel 900g and x800 xt pci-express

I think almost all boards automatically disable the onboard video when a card is installed. You might have to take the card out, but why, a x800xt is much better than integrated?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/switching-between-intel-900g-and-x800-xt-pci-express.43020/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi there,

Tried in vain to find an answer to this one.

I have heard that maybe some versions of Windows 7, such as Starter or Home Basic, will not permit the automatic switching to a stand alone graphic card (Nvidia or ATI Radeon).

I wish to find out if this is correct and if so, which versions are restricted? I use Photoshop and play HD video files up to 2GB in size, so I want to ensure switching is performed for improved graphical performance. Based on this finding, I can then decide what O/S to buy with a new laptop I'm about to purchase.

Thank you,
Pete

A:Which 7 works when switching from Intel on board to Nvidia/ATI gfx?

There is no such restriction. It is a function of the hardware and drivers. But really why would you chose to use Starter or Basic in the first place? That would make no sense. Home Premium should be the lowest version you should go for.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/204882-7-works-when-switching-intel-board-nvidia-ati-gfx.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi All,

I have an Intel D975XBX motherboard which has 4 SATA ports that are on an Intel controller and 4 SATA ports that are Silicon Image. For some reason when my computer was built they connected my drives to the Silicon Image ports in a RAID0 configuration using a softraid instead of the intel hardware option. I would like to switch the drives to the Intel controller (the data transfer rate of the intel is 3 GB/s vs the silicon image which is 1.5 GB/s).

Can I do this without re-installing the OS?

Can I take a backup of my drive now, make the switch, setup the RAID0 partions (which wipes the drives), and then recover the backup?

Any advise is appreciated!

Thanks,

Kibosh

A:Switching RAID from Silicon Image to Intel on a D975XBX

You can do all of that with Norton Ghost. The only real problems I forsee are:

What are you going to store the backup image on? You can't store the image on a partition you're going to delete and then recover the image and you can't store the image on the same partition you're backingup.

You'll need to install the Intel RAID driver in your OS before you create the backup or when you do change disk controller cards and use the backup image to reinstall everything your computer will not boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/switching-raid-from-silicon-image-to-intel-on-a-d975xbx.86173/
Relevancy 52.03%

After two days of unsuccesful attempting to install Windows 10 (from Windows 7) the newest Windows OS software installed correctly on my Inspiron N411z with Intel i5 (and upgraded to a SSD HD two years ago). BUT, now it does not switch automatically between audio coming from the build-in speakers to a headphone connected with the headphone socket visa versa. The Original Smartaudio software interfered with Windows 10 and does not offer a new windows 10 safe version. After having read various advices I de-installed and de-activated the Original Smartaudio from my laptop. Default audiodrivers is now the microsoft audio driver. I can switch between speaker-sound and headphone sound "manually" by going to sound settings and setting either speakers or headphone as the standard. But this is annoying. Anybody a solution to get the switching done automatically like before?
Greetings
Gerard

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19987607
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi guys First of all I Off, and and Running Slow, off AVG Itself Really Switching on Firewall Switching Windows On itself Computer would like to thank you in advance for your help and assistance I have both DDS reports but for some reason everytime I run the RootRepeal programme it never finishes I let it run for hours last night and it never got to the end Anyhow here are the DDS reports DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by david at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- Computer Running Really Slow, AVG Switching Itself On and Off, Windows Firewall Switching itself on and off D D BF Computer Running Really Slow, AVG Switching Itself On and Off, Windows Firewall Switching itself on and off Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS system slserv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNetwk exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings david Desktop dds scr C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk mWinlogon Userinit c windows system userinit exe c windows system sdra exe BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - No File TB BED - B- BC- E-C C DD F - No File TB D D -C B- BD-AE - A BC FA - No File TB CBE -C B- F- BC- CBB E D - No File TB amp Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - TB BB D -A - B -A -C A F EC - No File EB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dll EB BED - B- BC- E-C C DD F - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exe dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE dRun Power GoExpress quot c program files cyberlink power go Power GoExpress exe quot IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - c program files windows live writer WriterBrowserExtension dll DPF B CFB- - -A -C A C - hxxp messenger zone msn com binary msgrchkr cab cab DPF B EF- C - CA-BFBA- A E - hxxps support microsoft com OAS ActiveX MSDcode cab DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - - hxxp fpdownload mac... Read more

A:Computer Running Really Slow, AVG Switching Itself On and Off, Windows Firewall Switching itself on and off

Hi,My name is Syler and I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if youwould let me no so I can close this topic, if you still need help please let me no what issues you are still having, in your next reply.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following bold text.
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
eventlog.dll
scecli.dll
netlogon.dll
cngaudit.dll
sceclt.dll
ntelogon.dll
logevent.dll
iaStor.sys
nvstor.sys
atapi.sys
IdeChnDr.sys
viasraid.sys
AGP440.sys
vaxscsi.sys
nvatabus.sys
viamraid.sys
nvata.sys
nvgts.sys
iastorv.sys
ViPrt.sys
/md5stop
CREATERESTOREPOINT
Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedThen please post back here with the following logs: OTL.txt Extra.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279063/computer-running-really-slow-avg-switching-itself-on-and-off-windows-firewall-switching-itself-on-and-off/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi guy's just wondering if it's possible to get windows 7 to switch audio drivers when you switch to another user account.

For eg.. normal speakers device for my personal account and then have my multichannel device (profire 2626) set as default for my other user account 4 studio work.

Atm, if i change it on one account it changes on the other account which is annoying and i'd just like to set default device for each account so i don't have to do this.

Thx

A:Switching drivers when switching users?

I don't think this is really possible since the sound settings apply globally. I'm curious why you want to do this, though...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/191138-switching-drivers-when-switching-users.html
Relevancy 41.28%

i's Switching on but some error and any key press to shut down

A:nokia lumia 520 is switching off do not switching on

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question i's Switching on but some error and any key press to shut down You need to plug it to a pc and use WDRT; but if it's the error No boot device found, WDRT is not always working. That's a faulty hardware

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436094-nokia-lumia-520-switching-off-do-not-switching.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I formatted a technika 2GB, that i bought from tesco, from FAT to NTSF and then copied 201 songs onto it. Each time that i switch it on, display shows ' Media Entertainment' then turns off.It does not play the music. Can anyone help please?

A:technika mp3 switching off after switching it on

Instead of NTFS try formatting it to FAT32.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/technika-mp3-switching-off-after-switching-it-on.813541/
Relevancy 37.41%

I am confused, as I'm not really that good at computers. Does this update format your computer as I have a lot of things in my computer. Please help, I have SP2.

A:Intel - Storage Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller Windows update

Hi smalis,Your image shows two Microsoft updates:1) MS Security Essentials virus definition update. (this should automatically update in the background)2) Intel Storage Sata Controller.Neither update will "format your computer" but my recommendation is NOT to download (#2) Intel Sata Controller from the Microsoft Update site. This type of driver from a stability and reliability standpoint is best obtained from the manufacturer of your motherboard or the manufacturer of your computer system (Dell, HP, etc) if it is OEM.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443564/intel-storage-intelr-ich9m-em-sata-ahci-controller-windows-update/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have a Dell XPS that I received last week from Dell with a random screen flickering issue nbsp It is based on evalue order code lt ADMIN NOTE Order number removed per privacy policy gt It is the th Gen Core i GB RAM quot FHD p display not k GB SSD WHr Battery Intel NVIDIA XPS 15 Flickering - Intel w/ Screen 530 / Dell Causing 960M (9550) Intel Graphics AND NVIDIA M I saw a post about the XPS with the intel display flickering being fixed with the new driver I am running driver version for the Intel and my screen is still constantly flickering nbsp on my brand new XPS nbsp Another Issue I also noticed that in the Intel graphics properties config panel - gt D - gt Application Optimal Mode this also causes issues Dell XPS 15 (9550) w/ Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M - Intel Causing Screen Flickering with the start menu looking distorted and fuzzy even making some of the white text look gray nbsp I disabled this to resolve that issue but the screen still constantly flickers One thing I have done recently to mitigate the flickering is go into the NVIDIA driver control panel and set the NVIDIA card as the preferred graphics card which works for most applications As soon as the Intel card kicks back in the screen flickers I have tried various drivers versions for this model off the Dell website without success I am running Windows Pro nbsp not sure if a Dell XPS 15 (9550) w/ Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M - Intel Causing Screen Flickering newer driver is available and just not posted For example the newest Laptop BIOS on the driver website ends in while my pc came with installed So wasn t sure if the website was behind on graphics driver releases although the Dell XPS 15 (9550) w/ Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M - Intel Causing Screen Flickering Dell Update app hasn t downloaded any new driver either I am about to return this laptop this is annoying I know it is the intel driver because if I uninstall the Intel Driver completely and let it install the generic microsoft basic graphics driver while the performance isn t good the screen does NOT flicker Was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and if you were able to resolve it OR if this is completely a driver issue that only Dell Intel can resolve nbsp Thanks

A:Dell XPS 15 (9550) w/ Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M - Intel Causing Screen Flickering

Another update... I was ready to give up as others have above when I found posts on the NotebookReviews forum mentioning this new Intel Driver:  downloadcenter.intel.com/.../Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-6th-Gen
It won't install through the executable, but if you follow the instructions here for a manual install: www.windowscentral.com/how-install-intel-beta-graphics-drivers-surface  they do work.  Incidentally that link is regarding the exact same flickering problem on the MS Surface Book Pro(very similar hardware).  I'm 3 days in to using these drivers and it appears to have resolved the problem.  This is the longest I've gone without flickering by a long shot.
Note on the Intel download site the first of the "Key Issues Fixed"...  "Display may flicker on 6th Generation Intel Core and related processors".
I also updated to the latest WiFi drivers from Dell's site at the same time, so I can't be 100% certain my issues were fixed by just the display drivers, or if it was the combination of the two.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19660093
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello I bought a computer on eBay with Gig of ram and an Intel Pentium D Ghz processor It had an AsRock board and when I first attempted to use it which was about weeks after I sounds 805 Intel Pentium then 2.66Ghz down shuts a D945PVS Intel D Board Siren bout it it seemed to overheat because it would just shut down and stop on me At that point I decided to upgrade the board to an Intel D PVS once the new board arrived I was excited but cautious I made sure to use an anti static wristband and I installed the Board RAM CPU heat Intel Pentium D 805 2.66Ghz Intel Board D945PVS sounds a Siren then shuts down sink amp fan e-GeForce Video card and the hard drives But almost as soon as I plugged it in I heard a siren sound coming from the board and then the computer shut off I have attempted a few times to restart it but it continues to follow the same pattern of sounding a siren and shutting down I m not sure what to do at this point I ve contacted Intel customer support through their website but that was no help I know that the Desktop Boards product guide state that the Siren sound is for CPU Overheat on reboot but I don t know what I can do to correct the issue I have purchased some new thermal CPU Heat Sink compound and thoroughly cleaned the old compound away and the fan is properly positioned and operating as it appears it should I did notice some slight discoloration on the CPU over some of the pins sort of like a slight darkening Can anyone share their ideas regarding what could be the reason for this Thanks Kimmy nbsp

A:Intel Pentium D 805 2.66Ghz Intel Board D945PVS sounds a Siren then shuts down

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-pentium-d-805-2-66ghz-intel-board-d945pvs-sounds-a-siren-then-shuts-down.522086/
Relevancy 37.41%

Edit I fixed it I was causing the problem myself but uninstalling the chip in the first place when i should have been disabling it instead Ok I looked for about an hour and decided i would have to make a new thread for my specific problem so sorry if im making my first post in an odd place I recently installed a NVIDIA GeForce FX PCI MB DDR video card followed directions as best i could and disabled the Intel integrated graphics but my PC insists on REinstalling the intel integrated graphics controller upon restart It left me alone for awhile and i could run Counter Strike Condition Zero moderately well low frames after playing for over an hour but after allowing my computer to update itself while using IE GeForce Graphics... Integrated please FX-vs-Intel 5500 intel NVIDIA make away! go to dowload firefox for a reinstall IE randomly decided my home page was going to be the microsoft site for the day and since then no matter what i do the computer insists NVIDIA GeForce 5500 FX-vs-Intel Integrated Graphics... please make intel go away! on trying to reinstall the intel integrated graphics thing so my question is how do I make this stop how do i keep the computer from giving me the dreaded quot found new hardware quot bubble when im using a FAR superior REAL video card already is there something i do in the BIOS i hope not i dont like messing around in there or on the motherboard itself i have some basic info about my comp in my signature but im going to use quot PolSystemInfo quot to find all my PC specs and just copy paste them below I just hope its enough info to help someone figure out how to kill that evil integrated chip System CPU Intel R Pentium R Processor with MMX CPU Speed MHz No of CPUs OS Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack Ver Version of DirectX DirectX Main Memory Capacity MB Free Space MB Drive C Local Disk Free Space GB Capacity GB Drive D Local Disk Free Space MB Capacity GB Drive J Local Disk Free Space GB Capacity GB Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce FX Type of Chip Unknown Video Chip Video Driver nv disp dll Version Updated Saturday December AM VendorId x DE DeviceId x SubSysId x Revision VRAM MB AvailableVidMem MB AvailableTextureMem MB Sound Card Realtek AC Audio Sound Driver ALCXWDM SYS Version Updated Wednesday February PM Network Card Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Network Driver R n SYS Version Updated Friday October PM Motherboard Gamila Giovani Neon series Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD Version Serial Number nbsp

A:NVIDIA GeForce 5500 FX-vs-Intel Integrated Graphics... please make intel go away!

Hmm that didn't happen to me when I put mines in. Did you install the NVIDIA drivers? Try disabling the onboard in the device manager. That?s what I did. There doesn?t seem to be an option to turn it off in the bios (my bios) maybe there is for you however. It isn?t too complicated. Just simply look for onboard graphics or integrated graphics controller or w/e and select disable, but first try disabling it in the device manager. It should be listed under display adapters -> properties -> disable this device.

You should upgrade to DX9.0c...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-5500-fx-vs-intel-integrated-graphics-please-make-intel-go-away.52092/
Relevancy 37.41%

Is this a good mobo for business set up with a cedar millP4. How about a good brand of memory for this board. It says it will take 533 or 667 ,

A:Foxconn 946GZ7MA-8KS2H LGA 775 Intel 946GZ Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Yes, an excellent, reliable board with conservative settings the take you to a operation few employees can screw up.
As for memory, standard brands: Crucial, Corsair, Infineon, or Kingston. If you are buying it yourself, www.zipzoomfly.com with free shipping. We have been in business for 21 years and have been luck enough to never have any of these four modules fail within the 3-year warranty period. All of these are guaranteed for life.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/foxconn-946gz7ma-8ks2h-lga-775-intel-946gz-micro-atx-intel-motherboard.85771/
Relevancy 37.41%

Has anyone seen the services:

Intel Alert Handler
Intel File Transfer

And anyone know why they are set to automatic, yet don't start? I believe they come from a Symantec Anti Virus instalation, but I still don't know why they don't and can't start (even if you try manually).

Any ideas folks?

Cheers,
Dan

A:Intel Alert Handler and Intel File Transfer services not starting

Some services only start when needed and no amount of coaxing will make them start at any other time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-alert-handler-and-intel-file-transfer-services-not-starting.216159/
Relevancy 37.41%

Quick background-I restored my drive from image and i cannot recall what i did to make it a bit faster. i think it had to do with Chipset or IRST.

I tried to install the latest version 14.8.0.1042 and i get a incorrect platform error and it doesn't install

I'm using version 12.8

My specs are Win 7 pro x64, 7 Series/216 H77 chipset, I5 3rd gen, SSD SanDisk Ultra II 240g, Seagate 2tb HDD
Is this version for a different chipset or version of windows?

A:Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST) proper version question?

Hi Fooey,
follow this link, you need the enu version, 4th block down.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...?DwnldID=22194

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/398005-intel-rapid-storage-technology-intel-rst-proper-version-question.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been having the same issue.

Windows 7 x64 series 8 motherboard. ASUS z87-expert.

My USB3 and USB2 are not working right after I install the Intel USB3 xhci Driver for Intel? 8/9 Series
version 3.0.1.41.

I have used the setup.exe to install the driver and the mouse/keyboard stopped working after the drivers are updated and I am not able to click the "Finish" button on the GUI to complete the installation.

Luckily that I was able to remote login to the PC to click the "Finish" button. After restart, the USB ports starts to work again.

A:USB port not working Intel USB3 xhci Driver for Intel 8/9 Series

Welcome to SevenForums,

It is a little normal that during the process of updating the drivers, it does disconnect the devices plugged onto ports, to swap drivers and write the files in order the new drivers to work. It does remap the devices.

It is always better to uninstall previous USB 3.0 drivers and use a usb 2.0 port to control temporarily another mouse to finish the process and the reboot required. Could be Intel xHci or AsMedia XHci ones...same same.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/350322-usb-port-not-working-intel-usb3-xhci-driver-intel-8-9-series.html
Relevancy 37.41%

helllo
I bought a new laptop now and I am not so well with the technology so if someone would help me I would be very thankful
it says:
Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Management Engine Interface
so what do I need to do now?
thnx a lot

A:Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Management Engine Interfa

Welcome,

I don't understand the question. Are you updating your machine? Do you want to reload it? Would you take a minute it fill out your system specs?

Thanks -WS

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/190879-intel-corporation-driver-update-intel-r-management-engine-interfa.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Datorn kan inte uppdatera:
Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Installationsdatum: ?2016-?07-?31 21:47
Installationsstatus: Misslyckades
Felinformation: Kod 80070103
Uppdateringens typ: Viktig
This driver was provided by Intel Corporation for support of Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/93f948c7-124b-4469-878d-a1785510814c/windows-7-uppdaterar-inte-intel-corporation-driver-update-for-intelr-hd-graphics-4600?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 37.41%

I have been unable to install this. 80070103 Unknown error
How important is it and would there be any way to hide it if necessary?

Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400

Download size: 147.0 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

This driver was provided by Intel Corporation for support of Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400

More information:
http://sysdev.microsoft.com/support/default.aspx

Help and Support:
</title> <link href="//www.microsoft.com/favicon.ico?v2" rel="shortcut icon" /> <link href="//az623152.vo.msecnd.net/cdnresources/2.35/content/smccss.css" rel="stylesheet" /> <script src="//ajax.aspnetcdn.com/ajax/jQuery/jquery-1.9.1.min.js"> </scrip

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/399347-intel-corporation-driver-update-intel-r-hd-graphics-4400-a.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Thanks for any help I really do appreciate it.. My motherboard when powered is showing the green led light but the CPU fan is not spinning and the monitor is not lighting either. No beep codes either so am I correct in assuming that there is a problem with either the motherboard or the CPU, can I get any help please?? Thanks again

A:Intel Motherboard D945 with an Intel 2.8ghz lighting but not posting..

Sounds like a motherboard or power supply. What's your motherboard's brand name and model number? Also, what is the power supply's brand name, wattage, and model number?

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-motherboard-d945-with-an-intel-2-8ghz-lighting-but-not-posting.69691/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi Friends:

Yesterday, I installed my new computer and it has the following:

- Intel DX58SO Extreme Series X58
- Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz
- Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D Dominator 6 GB
- EVGA 02G-P3-1185-AR GeForce GTX285
- Western Digital 300GB Sata HDD 10K RPM
- WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B0
- WDC WD500KS
- Samsung CD/DVD Super WriteMaster
- Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850-Watt
- Cooler Master HAF 932

but I would like to ask you if I need to install the new Intel? Chipset Device Software for Intel? Desktop Boards 9.1.1.1020...what are the advantages and disadvantages?....Can you help me please?
Thanks

TecMan

A:Intel Desktop Board DX58SO & Intel Chipset Device Sof

Their should be ( on the site where you found the update) information as to what issues it specifically addresses.Most of the time it is advisable to update chipset drivers. They control all the way everything your MB does, from the Ethernet to NB to Sb and ram communication. Where as a bios update should only be done if it specifically addresses issues you are experiencing, or new support for your CPU. This is of course my opinion. There'll be others I'm sure.Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/31531-intel-desktop-board-dx58so-intel-chipset-device-sof.html
Relevancy 37.41%

To keep it short I was trying Intel GPUs ditching driver HD Win7? on support 4th Is Intel for gen to download the latest Intel HD Graphics Driver from the official website to update my wife's drivers to try and solve a problem She Is Intel ditching driver support for Intel HD 4th gen GPUs on Win7? has an Intel i th generation and running with the built in GPU since it's more of an office media computer Excluding driver ver all the newest versions support th gen GPUs only on Windows when trying to install it says my system doesn't meet the requirements or some message of this sort It struck me as odd and you can't really make up a pattern here on only two consecutive iterations that don't support W but the fixes in the release notes would be extremely welcome to this OS as well Is Intel trying to ditch support for older generations that run Windows thus inevitably making the customer to upgrade to in the hopes of continued support of older generations Do you guys who are more in the know give any value to my assumption What's going on Cheers

A:Is Intel ditching driver support for Intel HD 4th gen GPUs on Win7?

Hello Hellriser mate not as far as I know and my Haswell machines all have the Intel Control Panel software installed not that it makes much difference I have to say.

So are you talking about the CPU in your specs below? if so there are these Intel? HD Graphics 4600 for 4th Generation Intel? Core? Processors

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/398787-intel-ditching-driver-support-intel-hd-4th-gen-gpus-win7.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi all

Yes, that's about it really...

Advice in a previous thread (many thanks) has got me leaning towards Intel.

So sorry for the silly question, but are they excellent with AMDs too?

I have a X4 965 3.4 GHz and it's running great (for me anyway).

Many thanks to all who give advice/opinions.

Best

AD

A:Intel SSDs - Configured for Intel CPUs or Excellent with AMDs too?

A hard drive is a hard drive. They are not "configured" for any one system or processor or computer. They operate on the SATA standard which all computer platforms comply with also (older drives operate on the PATA standard, but that is an old story!). A new hard drive will work perfectly fine in an Intel or AMD system, on Windows, MAC, Linux, and more.

This is not to be confused with formatting. A hard drive can be formatted specially for different operating systems. And typically new hard drives come preformatted NTFS for Windows. But that does not change the fact that the bare, unformatted drive can work in any system using the same connection standard (SATA, PATA, etc.)

Hope that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/244090-intel-ssds-configured-intel-cpus-excellent-amds-too.html
Relevancy 37.41%

When i run this intel integrator assistant (IIA) on my mobo dp55wb it shows me Error:This motherboard is not supported by IIA.
jus a week back i had updated my bios and my bios boot splash screen with this software and now its tellin me that that this is not suppported...now wat can be the problem with this

even i did a manual bios update but still the same error

i am on win7x64 ultimate

A:Bizzare Problem with intel DP55WB and Intel integrator Assistant

how to remove all the threads ,links of an installed component, even from the reg and other locations..any nice recommended software .??

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/138354-bizzare-problem-intel-dp55wb-intel-integrator-assistant.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I got my HP Notebook - 15-r111nia late last year and want to update the graphic card driver as it is very old (10.18.10.3958) since 2013, to a newer version. I tried using the Intel Driver Update Utility to automatically update it to the newer version but it saying a customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on my computer and so the download button is greyed out. I tried updating the graphics driver manually but it failed to install successfully after downlaoding on several attempts. I am soo fraustrated  now as most of my games are crashing and every recommendations i get from people is to update my graphic card. I would really appreciate anyone kind enough to help me with a link on the right graphic driver update and a work around concerning this issue.  Thanks in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Intel-HD-graphics-Driver-for-Intel-Pentium-update-fails-to/td-p/5703796
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi...I'm running Win7 Home Premium (64-bit), 8Gb RAM, with the chip:
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology

Graphics is not dedicated and is handled via this Intel chip.
During Windows Updates, MS ones download perfectly.

However, I also get an additional 'optional' update named: 'Intel Corporation - Display - Intel(R) HD Graphics'

This has never succeeded in downloading.
The MS explanation is always the same: possible interruption from my connection to their server...yet never any interruption when I download MS updates at exactly the same time!

After that, I get the usual 'download Mr Fix It' software which proves itself to be utterly useless in helping me find why the download is not succeeding.

I run Avast anti-virus and Zone Alarm firewall...but I can't figure out if they are somehow preventing the download.

I'd appreciate any help on this....

Many thanks

A:Intel Corporation - Display - Intel(R) HD Graphics - UPDATE FAILURE??

Hi again...forgot to mention: Code Error: 800F0203 is what shows, but may as well be in Klingon...

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/260143-intel-corporation-display-intel-r-hd-graphics-update-failure.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi I m sorry for posting such a horrible mistake I ll just break it down really easely and hope for someone to be kind enough to resque my stupid I just upgraded my OS from W to W doing a clean install and figured out I had to install a bunch of essential drivers all over again so Solved: P45 Motherboard] Failed ATX flash BIOS [MSI LGA Intel 775 P45 Intel to Neo-F I though it would be a good idea to start out with my motherboard My motherboard is a quot P NEO-F quot so I went over to it s support page link to download all of the latest drivers and utilities for that model Then I saw the quot BIOS quot section and thougt I should flash the BIOS first of all for no reason So I downloaded the quot AMI BIOS quot which was the latest one extracted the files on to a USB-stick booted the whole thing up went to M-FLASH in BIOS chose the quot A IMS quot -file on Solved: Failed to flash BIOS [MSI P45 Neo-F LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard] the stick flashed the BIOS rebooted and now I get a quot bad checksum quot I didn t even take a backup of the old file from BIOS because I couldn t even think of this not working Bonus points for that So what do I do now being the sorry sod that I am nbsp

A:Solved: Failed to flash BIOS [MSI P45 Neo-F LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-failed-to-flash-bios-msi-p45-neo-f-lga-775-intel-p45-atx-intel-motherboard.1152641/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi , I have a Toshiba satellite A 8 and I'm trying to run a programme that requires Intel HAXM install but I cannot install this. I need to run a virtual part of my program. I have tried to research this the best I can find is that I can turn vertualizeation on in bioes but I don't have that option. Please help .

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91298-Cannot-install-Intel-HAXM-Intel-virtualization-technology-needed
Relevancy 37.41%

I plan to upgrade to the listed components all of the rest of the hardware has been determined to be compatible. After the components are switched out I want to verify, my approach of Win 7 Pro installation will work and if not, would someone please correct me and give me advice as to the proper approach? What my idea was after everything is hooked up and ready to install OS, I would turn on enter bios set to boot from cd, and set to AHCI since I'll be reusing my Samsung 840 120GB SSD and leave the rest of the bios set to default at that time. I'll have my Logitech model 520 wireless keyboard with the model 310 wireless mouse which came together. Does this approach seem like it should work especially the wireless keyboard/mouse? I could sure use some corrections for the proper way of installing the OS if not, it would sure be appreciated Thanks!

A:Intel Core i5-4670K & ASUS Z87-A LGA 1150 Intel Z87 questions

Search http://www.sevenforums.com/members/gregrocker.html He recently wrote a great post on "how to clean reinstall a factory OEM windows 7

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

you might run into some issues with using a wireless mouse and keyboard on install... do you have a spare USB or PS2 keyboard?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/306325-intel-core-i5-4670k-asus-z87-lga-1150-intel-z87-questions.html
Relevancy 37.41%

So I have been having issues with my Intel HD Graphics Driver constantly crashing on my computer. Whenever it crashes it says that it is the Windows 8 driver. My computer runs Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600. Because of this, I want to replace it with the new Intel HD Graphics 15.40.18.4380 from Intel. The problem is that my system won't recognize it. What do I do?

A:Replacing HP Intel Graphics Driver with Generic Intel Graphi...

Nao298758 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about Intel Graphics Driver problems and wanted to help. This is the software and drivers page for your PC:  http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5405166&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4192 If Windows 10 does now show when you open that page, then select it under Operating Systems. The video driver you want to download and install is under Driver-Graphics.Good LuckI am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.========================================================================If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Replacing-HP-Intel-Graphics-Driver-with-Generic-Intel/td-p/5587831
Relevancy 37.41%

The problem The PC works for sometime maybe an hour or maybe few minutes Suddenly it freezes Restarting the PC makes it work for few minutes and it restarts or comes to a blue screen Error IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL or PAGE AREA Restarting again brings the blue screen again just before the Desktop appears Restarting few more times makes the PC not even bringing the P4 based 865GBF board with intel intel freezes/reboots PC CPU Display even Intel logo does not comes prior to bootup I do see one indication in this PC When I switch On the wall socket the intel P4 CPU with intel 865GBF board based PC freezes/reboots PC performs a POST The Power HDD Keyboard LED lights blink and the fan noise comes for a few seconds and go off When I power on the PC after this I observed that the PC works fine But when freezing starts happening the subsequent restarts even after a complete power down from wall socket as well does not makes these LEDs to blink This is an indication that something is wrong and it freezes for sure when the PC is intel P4 CPU with intel 865GBF board based PC freezes/reboots powered on Strange I had called up a technician who services PCs in our area He took the PC to his workshop and it works well without doing altering anything to the system Change could be the input output devices and the modem ADSL As he brings it back to my home it all starts again to freeze Whts been tried Changed LAN cards and on different slots Changed motherboard Re-formatted installed windows Updated drivers VGA Sound LAN Changed RAM Removed UPS Changed SMPS cables Tried to start without HDD changed HDD Tried connecting the PC to a different wall socket bypassing the spike buster PC configuration Intel Pentium HT CPU GHz MB cache MHz FSB Intel GBF board MB DDR MHz RAM amp MB DDR MHz not used together GB Seagate baraguda IDE HDD X DVD-RW drive RealTek LAN amp D-Link TX LAN not used together W SMPS in ATX box Scientific Atlanta Cisco Cable Modem quot LCD Monitor PS Keyboard amp Mouse vA UPS spike buster HP Inkjet printer USB Headfones OS Windows XP Professional Any help is greatly appreciated Need to know whts the exact cause or maybe which peripheral is at fault nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-p4-cpu-with-intel-865gbf-board-based-pc-freezes-reboots.837656/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have this: ARK | Intel? Celeron? Processor 440 (512K Cache, 2.00 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)

I want to replace it with this: ARK | Intel? Core
I've tried simply physically replacing one with the other, but as you may guess, it's not that simple. What do I need to do? I'm on a budget of zero.

Could I get by with installation instructions, and perhaps directions towards drivers? I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

A:Replace Intel Celeron 440 @ 2.0 GHz With Intel Core 2 Quad @ 3.0 GHz

I would suggest checking if your motherboard can support a more modern CPU. The Core 2 Quad is from 2008. You can probably get an i3 for close to the same price if your motherboard supports it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/279006-replace-intel-celeron-440-2-0-ghz-intel-core-2-quad-3-0-ghz.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok guys someone please help me understand this better. Are intel core duo the best or fastest processor out now? Also if a laptop is Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz and a pc Intel Pentium 4 3.66 GHz which processor is faster?

Im not understanding what the X.XXGHz mean...is that based on the processor?

I understand that Intel Core Duo has 2 processors and thats why they are so great....does that mean that it is 2.0GHz per processor? so its really 4.0GHz?

sorry if I'm way off here but I want to understand this better.

Thanks.

PS. Im not sure where this would go so please feel free to move if necessary.

A:Solved: Confused! - Intel Core Duo and Intel Pentium 4....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-confused-intel-core-duo-and-intel-pentium-4.496592/
Relevancy 36.98%

Will i see a notable difference in gaming performance? I have 4GB of RAM and GTX570.

Thank you.

Relevancy 36.98%

Intel open to selling security software business

"The mammoth chipmaker bought security technology company McAfee, since known as Intel Security, for $7.7 billion in 2010. Now it's thinking about selling the business, according to the Financial Times. Intel had originally planned to embed antivirus software into its chips but never completed the project. With the global rise of cyberattacks, venture capitalists are eager to buy up security companies and Intel Security might be next.

Intel didn't immediately respond to a request for comment."

Via: Intel open to selling security software business
Source: Intel weighs sale of cyber security business - FT.com

A:Could Intel be open to selling McAfee (Intel Security)?

McAfee and Intel Security are both dogs for Intel - otherwise they wouldn't consider selling them.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/could-intel-be-open-to-selling-mcafee-intel-security.60945/
Relevancy 36.98%

OK, some more information:

The current installation on the Lenovo T400 (Intel 330 SSD ACHI) was done using the "double install" method using Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack Upgrade. It appears the current installation would allow me to use the Sysprep method (I didn't receive an error message when running sysprep.exe), but my concern is that when I boot up the Intel 330 SSD in my new Intel NUC, the validation won't work because the Family Pack uses an Upgrade key. The key has only been used once, so I still have 2 remaining activations, but I'm not sure if that has any relevance to the situation.

Any other recommendations? I am considering manually uninstalling the drivers, doing the swap, and hoping for the best, due to the fact that the current installation sees itself as a clean install, not an upgrade.

A:Move Intel SSD from T400 (Core 2 Duo) to Intel NUC (Broadwell i3)?

How do you know that activation won't work? Did you try? If the bit is already flipped from doing the double upgrade then it should reactivate with the same key since all that is needed for the transfer is to reset the hardware signature in MS Activation servers.

You also have three simultaneous activations at any one time with the Family Pack, and do not forfeit an activation for reinstalling a key to the same or other hardware. If using phone activation because web fails, then when the magic question is asked "How many installs has this copy of Win7 been made" you'd say three instead of one. If rejected again, ask for agent. If agent has problems, talk with MS Customer service who are often more attentive seeing that you get what you pay for.

What's easier than Sysprep is to reimage using a free lightweight app like Macrium Imaging - Windows 7 Help Forums then if Win7 won't boot on the new hardware as expected Adjust Win7 to boot on new hardware with Paragon Adaptive Restore CD.

Let us know how this goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/363774-move-intel-ssd-t400-core-2-duo-intel-nuc-broadwell-i3.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi, everybody! I was looking to buy a new comp. but i am unsure which processor is better, the intel centrino core duo or the intel pentium M. I was wondering if someone could tell me what the difference was and possibly which one is better. thanks!

A:Solved: Intel Centrino Core Duo vs. Intel Pentium M

G'day myongha!

I would go with the Core Duo because it is more reliable and is quicker because there are two parts to the processor, hence the name Core Duo.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-intel-centrino-core-duo-vs-intel-pentium-m.484113/
Relevancy 36.98%

terran wanted a modified Intel Series graphics driver for his Windows Consumer Preview So I'm going to just leave this here for those who want it Enjoy I've Also uploaded the Intel HD First Generation Driver for windows It's a modified windows driver If you have one of these devices and can't install leave a post with your computer model and Hardware ID's Install This First The Custom Certificate Installer To install the signed drivers run the Intel Graphics HD Mobile 4 Generation Series and 1st Intel custom certificate installer I made which is based off of barcher's Post I've recently updated my certificate installer to v This include certificates which allows the updated Mobile series and has some handy options for your pleasures A WaterMark Removal option has been added for Windows Pro WATERMARK REMOVAL IS BETA Use at your own risk -Custom Certificate Installer- Chrome users may experience a malicious warning It is false Virus Total MainMirror Drivers -Make sure to download Mobile Intel Series 4 and Intel HD Graphics 1st Generation the correct driver for your device Intel HD Graphics st Generation UPDATE COMING EVENTUALLY -Version - SIGNED MediaFire This is the Windows Driver but modified to install on bit Intel HD First Gen x exe bit Intel HD First Gen x exe -Version - SIGNED Google Drive old version bit Intel HD First Gen x exe bit Intel HD First Gen x exe Mobile Intel Series Driver -Version v - SIGNED MediaFire This is the Windows Driver but modified to install on With GUI bit Win Vista v exe bit Win Vista v exe No longer have a laptop to test on -Version Windows Update w GUI- Not completed yet This version keeps the windows update driver but enables GUI -Version Windows Update w Newer OpenGL- Not completed yet This version keeps the windows update driver but with replaced OpenGL and enabled GUI An attempt to get Netflix and Games Like Minecraft working at the same time IMPORTANT After the setup go to Windows Update and change the settings to quot Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them quot Reboot with the modified driver installed and check for updates If there is right click the Intel update and select quot Hide Update quot This is to make sure windows doesn't replace your graphics driver Notes Bugs Glitches Downsides - On some computers metro apps wont work Netflix for example Working on a fix - Test Mode watermark Can be removed Notes Unable to install - Mobile Intel Series 4 and Intel HD Graphics 1st Generation Sometimes you really don't have an Intel Series or Intel HD Graphics st generation Such as Sandy Bridge Pentiums You can download the Intel driver for nd Generation Intel Core Processors with Intel HD Graphics instead Changelog - Updated Custom Certificate Installer Removed beta features and fixed the commands - Updated Mobile Intel Series GUI Works now - Updated Custom Certificate Installer Added remove Testmode Watermark Option

A:Mobile Intel Series 4 and Intel HD Graphics 1st Generation

Works Great to me. ! Now I can run minecraft ! =)
Intel GMA 4500MHD

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/4418-mobile-intel-series-4-intel-hd-graphics-1st-generation.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Is Intel HD Graphics Family better than Intel G41 express chipset?

The name is only Intel HD Graphics Family there isnt a number after it in dxdiag

A:Is Intel HD Graphics Family better than Intel G41 express chipset?

Intel G41 express is the very old, Core 2 equivalent on-motherboard-gpu aka Eaglelake. It only supports up to dx10, it has awful and old drivers, and incomplete opengl support (less apps can run on it). It can idle in recent games like Dota 2 with up to 30fps with everything on low. Key word: idle. Don't even think about playing under more than 15-20fps.

Intel HD Graphics Family is on-cpu-die-gpu aka Sandy Bridge, it's still old now, but does have support for dx11 and opengl, and it has a lot more raw power than x4500(g41), depending on the cpu. It even supports overclocking with sizeable improvements.

Really there is no contest between the two families.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/30894-intel-hd-graphics-family-better-than-intel-g41-express-chipset.html
Relevancy 36.98%

they are both 478 pins..i bought it off ebay... i want to know should i replace the celeron with it?

heres the link for the p4 http://cgi.ebay.com/INTEL-P4-Socket...887353472QQcategoryZ14293QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A:Intel Pentuim 4 1.7ghz vs Intel Celeron 2.4ghz

A close one.

Easy question if they are the same speed, but this will be a close one...

You didn't mention which 2.4 celeron. There are a couple. Anyway, the P4 and Celeron have different feature sets so it will depend on your usage. You could review datasheets on intel.com.

http://www.intel.com/products/processor/index.htm

... or just experiment. I think you'll be about 5% happier with the P4 (but I have a Pentium D 950)

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-pentuim-4-1-7ghz-vs-intel-celeron-2-4ghz.51392/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hay there, I recently obtained a new system for a very cheap price with a surprisingly good processer with it.

New computer: -

Stone
Intel DQ45EK mobo
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.9GHz Socket 775
3GB ram (max 4gb)

Current Computer: -

Gigabyte P31-D3SL mobo
Intel Pentium D 925 3.00 GHz Socket 775
4GB ram

Alright so the issue is I want to swap the processors around but when I put the Pentium D into the Intel DQ45EK mobo it comes up with a blank screen with the fan blowing intensely, reboots and then just hangs with the intense fan speed. When I swap back the processors the orignal Core 2 Duo does this same thing but then it goes back to normal after a few reboots. The E7500 works fine in my old system though... I would think the pentium D would be widely supported x-x

Any ideas cause im lost at the moment.

A:Solved: Intel Pentium D 925 & Intel Core Duo E7500

Could be that the FSB is not rated for the board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-intel-pentium-d-925-intel-core-duo-e7500.882165/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hey,
i have a computer here are the spec's
Win XP + SP2
Hdd 40GB
Intel barebone motherboard(brand: jetway)
and there is one cdrom player and one network adapter.
but the problem is when i install sound it doesnt work.
(i use the onboard sound device)
its doesnt give any error is simply doesnt give sound.
or the boxes are death but i will go on hunt if i can find something else in the house.
well if some has this problem 2 and solved it i would like to have some help
thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-intel-barebone-motherboard-intel-celeron.384876/
Relevancy 36.98%

I want my pc to have 3.2 ghz because of a game that i played on my other computer. It said something about open GL needed to be 3.2 or higher

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Can I upgrade my laptop from a intel Pentium to a Intel cele...

We would need to know the exact model number but I am sure there is no processor available that would run at 3.2 ghz or higher on any version fo the HP g6. In some cases the processor is not replaceable at all. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-upgrade-my-laptop-from-a-intel-Pentium-to-a-Intel/td-p/5797147
Relevancy 36.12%

This laptop is an acer as5749-6607 core i5-2450m. On the sticker it shows intel hd 3000. When i try update the intel hd family in the device manager it says it up to date, so i go to the intel website and download the driver there. But it doesn't work, it says it doesnt meet the requirements. How do i get the right driver?

A:I have intel hd 3000 but it shows intel hd family

Hi de hi, welcome to SevenForums

I don't know which driver you have tried to update, Intel family usually denotes chipsets, the one you want is a graphics driver.
Go here you will see Intels auto driver checking tool.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/224596-i-have-intel-hd-3000-but-shows-intel-hd-family.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Problem 1: I've added more memory to it and even rebuilt it and it keeps shutting itself off!!!!

Problem 2: How do I get a sound driver added to my PC, I have a real piece of crao here and I would love to get it working before my online class starts in July.

thanks in advance,
Brad

A:My Intel XP PC keeps reseting itself!!! Also I need a new intel sound driver.

If you have a "factory built" unit what brand/model ?If it is a "Custom built" what is in it ?[power supply, motherboard, CPU]You say you "rebuilt it" .What do you consider "rebuilding" ?"Problem 1: I've added more memory to it and even rebuilt it and it keeps shutting itself off!!!! "The 2 most common reasons for a computer just shutting off with no error message are CPU overheating or a faulty power supply.CPU overheating can be caused by a bad fan on the heatsink, dirt & dust clogging the heatsink, a improperly seated heatsink , or a faulty CPU.Open the case & inspect the CPU heatsink/fan to see if it is clogged with dirt.Turn the unit on while observing the fan to make sure it is spinning properl;y.If you have had the heatsink/fan off of the CPU did you clean the heatsinl & CPU then put a [very thin] coat of thermal compound on the CPU before reinstalling the heatsink ?As for the power supply the best way to test that is to simply try another one.You could take the power supply to a computer shop where they can test it properly.The fact that the computer comes on doesn't mean the power supply is working properly & to be tested right it needs to be tested under a load.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230860/my-intel-xp-pc-keeps-reseting-itself-also-i-need-a-new-intel-sound-driver/
Relevancy 36.12%

i am confused about new PC should i buy, i have two options
1) Intel Pentium 3.0 GHz, 1 GB Ram,
or
2) Interl Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz, 1 GB Ram

What u will advised and y?

thnks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-dual-core-or-intel-pentium.662644/
Relevancy 36.12%

http://www.gamepyre.com/reviewsd.html?aid=753&p=1

The X6800 outclasses the AMD CPUs by a wide margin in virtually every circumstance of performance measurement. The CPU also runs cool in comparison to earlier Intel CPUs and consumes less than 75W. By any standard of measurement the X6800 is an success bringing Intel back on top.

The E6700 which has a rather interesting naming scheme considering its only 266MHz slower than the x6800 while having the same cache and structure is right in there with the x6800 in performance, slower than its bigger brother but faster than the competition. For a suggested MSRP of $530, the E6700 is an easy choice for those wanting a fast system without wanting to shell out a grand.

And from Tom's Hardware:
http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/07/14/core_2_duo_benchmark_results/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-core-2-duo-and-intel-965-chipset-launch.483121/
Relevancy 36.12%

hello i need helpwhy i can not install Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller 2016-08-02,09.21.00.1062 for acer f5 573g 70mv? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/why-Intel-R-Smart-Sound-Technology-Intel-R-SST-Audio-Controller/td-p/463025
Relevancy 36.12%

Hey guys just want you're opinion really See I have a AM motherboard and currently a FX clocked at GHz thing is I feel when I try to play say BF on a man server My pc run's 8350 3570k? Intel AMD Intel or i7 i5 3770k or smooth yet come to a man server My PC feels sluggish and well Intel i7 3770k or AMD 8350 or Intel i5 3570k? fails Now I know Its going to effect my FPS and CPU usage with what settings in game am I running well Ultra I don't use I mainly use a mix of medium and high to Me its all about performance before eye candy but BF seems to have no performance boost the lower I turn the settings down I mean with one card I get - usage but in SLI I get on each card with v sync disabled and on ultra I have even tried with settings on low and enabling v sync lol that is just worse I have been told the higher the settings the higher the usage and my cpu seems to be lagging behind I know there is things to take into consideration like the Ram Graphics Hard drives Lag ect But I'm running two GTX 's Velociraptor Hdd GB Corsair Dominator Ram a Corsair HX w psu and Windows Come January I'm planning a upgrade but what My dilemma is should I move to Intel has I feel my issue is a major bottleneck with the 's and my CPU I don't want to buy a cpu and a few months down the line have to invest in a Intel because the Pile driver has failed like the Bulldozer did Or just upgrade to a Intel i or i I mainly game but do video work as well even considering getting a i k or k what do you guys think Sorry for the long post but I would like to get some friendly advice from the Experts Adam

A:Intel i7 3770k or AMD 8350 or Intel i5 3570k?

Well Adam... Taking your situation into account i would suggest a Z77 mobo with a 3570k. This is the 'best' cpu/mobo combo for gaming. The i7 wont give a noticeable diffrence and some games may run a bit slower as games dont use hyperthreading. The 3570k wont bottleneck any card on the market(please correct me if im wrong). but you must take into account that you may need a single, higher end card would be beter than 2, mid end cards. Another strong point for i5 is the fact that it has an unlocked multiplier and can overclock to 4.2+ with a minimal voltage bump. I have disregarded the 8350 as even tough of its 8 cores. It was made for heavy threaded programs and only thing like photoshop would benifit from them. It is not optimised for gaming because of its poor single threaded performance compared to tge 3570k. Bottom line is, for the money... The 3570k is by far the best gaming processor but consider the single powerfull gpu as a possible upgrade as it will pay off in 'fps'

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/271816-intel-i7-3770k-amd-8350-intel-i5-3570k.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I have this combination and ran Iometer (Win 10) to compare to published data from Dell. Here are the results:
+ 128k Seq Write QD32/1W Dell - 1080 MB/s - I obtained 1077 MB/s (750 Series obtained 1236 MB/s); + 128k Seq Read QD32/1W Dell - 2700 MB/s - I obtained 2798 MB/s (750 Series obtained 2723 MB/s); + 4k Random Write QD32/4W Dell - 230,000 IOPs - I obtained 243,000 IOPs (750 Series obtained 251,000 IOPs); + 4k Random Read QD32/4W 450,000 IOPs - I obtained 357,000 IOPs (750 Series obtained 377,000 IOPs)All good except for 4K random reads for both SSD's - a significant difference. Has anyone else experienced this?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19986780
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello as Question title says.

I'm having difficulty finding the drivers on the Intel website Support and Drivers menu.
Drivers needed: Intel Chipset & Intel Management Engine

Im using a Z170 motherboard with an I7 6700K. OS Windows 10 64Bit home edition.

Any help with this issue would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Kyle

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/66103-intel-chip-set-intel-management-engine-help.html
Relevancy 34.83%
Relevancy 34.83%

im looking at a
Intel Pentium 4 2.6Ghz / 512K Cache / 400MHz FSB / Socket 478 / Processor for $159.99
and a
Intel Celeron D 330 2.66Ghz / 256K Cache / 533 FSB / Socket 478 / Processor for $79.99
and was wondering if there is a difference between celeron and pentium. And why is the price so different. All i want is a computer to do basic things like internet, microsoft Word, works, and basic things like that. I wont be using it for gaming or anything so i dont need anything extremly fast. Should i just go with the celeron D? Ill be running Win 2000 and have 256 PC3200 DDR RAM if that helps at all.

Relevancy 34.83%

Ello all,
Can anyone tell me what would be best for my pc i have a Intel(R) Celeron(R) 2.40GHz current speed is 3200MHz. But i have a Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 2.26GHz just sitting there doing nothing. now i have been told that if i put the Pentium in my pc it would be better and faster is this true or not.

A:Intel(R) Celeron(R) or Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4

If your motherboard properly supports the Pentium 4 & if you can OC it to speeds close to 3.0GHz, it should be much better than the Celeron. It all depends on the Pentium 4 though, mostly which core it is based on (Northwood, Prescott, etc.).

Do you have any extra info on it ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-r-celeron-r-or-intel-r-pentium-r-4.48909/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello All

I have a Toshiba M40 Laptop, and i recently updated the drivers for my wireless card and network card. Now when i run autoruns (a program i downloaded form Optimze XP), it says that IntelWireless and Intel Zero Config are running on startup. I dont want them to be!

Do i need them? Can i run them manually if i need them? Cause i'm not always connected to wireless, most of the time i'm connected hardwire and i know windows takes care of that.

Thanks a lot

Bryan

Relevancy 34.83%

Is an upgrade to Intel AC-7260 possible from Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 on Lenovo P500? I want to have faster connection on my Lenovo laptop.  I asked Intel customer service and their answer is to ask the laptop manufacturer.http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005846.htmlhttp://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html Thanks!!  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Is-an-upgrade-to-Intel-AC-7260-possible-from-Intel-Centrino/td-p/3457503
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,
I have a Intel Celeron 2.6 GHZ and I dont know if I should upgrade to a Pentium 4 2.8 GHZ. Will I notice a big upgrade with the Pentium4?? Or my celeron is okay? I use my computer for casual gaming and i hate low frames per second in my games. I have a Intel D845GVSR motherboard with a socket mPGA478. Please help!
Thanks..

A:Intel Celeron CPU or Intel Pentium 4??

p4 is better

i would choose pentium 4 it better

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-celeron-cpu-or-intel-pentium-4.29970/
Relevancy 34.83%

Basically I need to know which is better and for what reason. I will not overclock my cpu or anything and will not raid or use 2 graphics cards. What is the difference between 965 and 975 chipset?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813121016
OR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813121035

The 975 is almost twice as expensive, is this worth it? My system specs are as follows:

e6300 core 2 duo
1gb ddr2 800Mhz ram
250gb SATA hdd
dual dvd burner
antec sonata 2 case with 450 smartpower psu

Regards,

Korrupt

Also, just to add: I dont understand why the 975 is more expensive, looking at all the specs, just about all the specs are better on the 965...

Regards,

Korrupt

A:Intel 965LTCK VS Intel DP965LT

Please people! I desperately need help!!

Regards,

Korrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-965ltck-vs-intel-dp965lt.57337/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi there !

I will soon build new computer configuration and i'm using Windows 10 Pro 64bit version.
At the moment i have Asus R5 230 pci-e 1gb DDR3 graphic card.
So, my question here is,
is it for example Intel i7 HD Graphics 530 enough for using just application (audio processing) or should i keep my Asus R5 230 pci-e graphic card.
What is more recommended, for just using applications ?

Thanks for your suggestions and thoughts

Best,
Matej

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/45391-intel-i7-intel-hd-graphics-530-pci-e-card.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Im looking to make the jump to Windows Vista Home Premium and am looking at my hardware specs making sure i can run Vista without any issues.

My current spec:
Asus P5P800-VM Motherboard
2GB RAM
Intel Pentium D 820 2.8Ghz Processor
160GB Sata3 HDD.

The main thing im worried about is my processor. Will it cope with Windows Vista?

Failing that, what is the actual difference between the Pentium D & Core 2 Duo, namely the E4600. Is that processor actually 2 Cores running at 2.4Ghz each or 2 Cores but 1.2Ghz each? Or, how easy is it to get the Pentium D 820 overclockd to 3.0Ghz or 3.2Ghz?

Relevancy 34.83%

Hey guys

I'm planning on buying a new laptop and I know my hardware quite well

The new laptop has a Intel HD 4000 graphics and my current graphics are Intel GMA 4500M

I know the Intel 4000 HD is much better

However I want to know how much of an improvement the Intel HD 4000 motherboard graphics are

The specs of my new laptop will be

Intel Core i5 3210M
6GB DDR3 RAM
1TB HDD
Intel HD 4000 Graphics

The Specs of my current laptop are

Intel Pentium T4500
4GB DDR2 RAM
500GB HDD
Intel GMA 4500M

A:Intel HD 4000 VS Intel GMA 4500M

Hi robc133, welcome to the forums, I found a couple of comparisons, you can see the difference clearly in the second video( though it's in German, visual comparison is good). HTH.
Diablo III (Intel HD 3000/4000 vs ATI 3470/4570 vs GMA 4500MHD) & Windows 8 RP Sample - YouTube
Intel HD 4000 vs HD 3000 vs GMA 4500M - YouTube

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/17367-intel-hd-4000-vs-intel-gma-4500m.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,
I recently bought Lenovo Y410 notebook and it came with windows vista home premium. As i want to install WinXP in my notebook, i tried with the WinXP CD available with me. But it didnt work, so i tried slipstreaming using nlite when i came to know that intel ich8m sata 3 port SATA Storage controller 2828 is the name of my SATA controller. But even then i am not able to install winXP. After copying all the installation files, the installation process doesnt move forward after rebooting. I am not getting the blue screen, but booting is not happening even after all the installation files are copied.

In short, i just want to install winXP on my laptop.
Inorder to try the AHCI disabling option, i checked in the advanced tab of bios, but such an option was not at all available there.
Pls help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-xp-on-intel-intel-ich8m-sata-3-port-sata-storage-controller-2828-a-204371.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I'm planning on buying a Dell inspiron laptop. I am wondering what the difference is between Intel Core Solo and Intel Core Duo processors. Is it worth more money for the Duo when all I'll use the laptop for is Office applications and internet browsing?

A:difference is between Intel Core Solo and Intel Core Duo processors.

If you're using it mostly for applications and multitasking, then yes, the core duo would be a better choice. I would say shell out the extra money.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/difference-is-between-intel-core-solo-and-intel-core-duo-processors.494480/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi, I am looking into getting a new video card soon and I was wondering which type would go better with my processor and mother board, ATI or nVidia... When I first got my comp I had an AMD 1.8 GHZ processor with an ATI 9500 PRO video card. A year later my processor burned out and died. I replaced it with an Intel 2.8 GHZ processor just to try out Intel. So far it has worked great. But, I wan't to get a new video card and I am stumped at which to get as I want the best performance for my PC as possible. My comps specs are...( as much as I know ). Processor: Intel 2.8 GHZ P4, RAM: 512 MB ( not sure on what type and I will be upgrading it to 1 GB very soon as well). Video card: ATI Radeon 9500 PRO, Hardrive: 60 Gb ( small I know ) So any advice would be appreciated thanks.

A:ATI with Intel or nVidia with Intel

I would go with nVidia because I think they have better cards. I don't think one or the other will perform better but I might be wrong. :hotouch:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-with-intel-or-nvidia-with-intel.22418/
Relevancy 32.25%

I am putting together a new computer build for an Artist Musician friend of mine who has a small home music studio with analogue digital In Output requirements Sound Forge Audio Studio Software and his main hobby is D graphics creation Animation Modeling Blender is one of the progs he is currently using also Photoshop type progs etc A few Rally games will probably be played The main problem i have is the choice of Motherboard and CPU I haven t built or kept up with mainstream components for eighteen months and its like a whole new world out there Moore s Law i guess Anyway here is what we have as a guide so far Motherboard CPU HDD Seagate Gb rpm SATA Depending on Mobo CPU Case Themalktake Soprano w Midi Tower FDD Sony Mb KB Mouse MS Wireless Optical Desktop v v Value Pack Memory Corsair x Mb PC - Value Select kit depending on Mobo CPU DVD-RW Pioneer DVR D Speakers Logitec Z- Digital Sound card Creative Sound Blaster X- Fi Platinum Graphics AMD...Intel...AMD...Intel...AAaagghh?!!! card Leadteck GF GS TDH Mb PCI-E depending on Mobo CPU The budget for this build is approx USD AUD Keeping in mind USA components are quite a bit cheaper than in Oz Thanks in Anticipation nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

Hello, i recently upgraded my windows 7 to windows 8 professional 64bit and after that my primary display adapter became intel graphics 3000 HD and my other display adapter amd radeon 7470 HD shown code 43 error. I rolled back the intel display adapter, which now is Intel HD Graphics Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.2) and installed catalyst control center which made the code 43 error disappear.
I went to check it again and i noticed that now I have intel graphics 3000 HD again and no error on my the amd one.

However if i go to screen resolution, on advanced settings i notice my laptop is still not using the amd graphic card.
How do i change it?

A:AMD + Intel, my laptop is only using intel....

Select automatically update and install.
AMD Support & Drivers

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/14124-amd-intel-my-laptop-only-using-intel.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Today i got processor and motherboard replacement from LG my pc,

old configuration was.....

current processor and mobo

Mother board is as it is ,but they changed processor .

which one is better ? should i ask for p4 again ?

Relevancy 32.25%

So I was wonder since Intel Pentium is a bit older that the new i5's does the 2.4 vs the 1.8 make a big difference? I know the i5 would just have better architecture and more features but in terms of performance which one of the 2 takes the cake?

A:Intel Pentium 2.4 vs Intel i5 1.8

More cores, cache and threading are always better. You didn't state which type or model you're comparing.

Here's a link where you can select and compare desktop processors: ARK | Your Source for Intel? Product Information

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/313602-intel-pentium-2-4-vs-intel-i5-1-8-a.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi there, I've been wondering about this for a long time and thought I might as well just as the ppl that are going to know best.
What it is, I've been trying to get this game ANNO 1404 to work on my laptop and I just cant figure out why it wont work.
Anyways my specs are:
Operating system: XP
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz
Memory: 2GB Ram
Not sure on video card but know system has: Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family
And I have DirectX 9 installed
The games specs are:
Operating System: 2000/XP/Vista
Processor: 3GHz Intel Pentium 4 or similar processor
Memory: 1 GB Ram
Video Card: DirectX 9.0 compliant. 128 MB DirectX compliant, Shader 2.0 Enabled

So could anyone please take a look at this and help me figure out why the game wont run on my laptop.
Thanks

A:Intel Duo vs Intel Pentium

What does it do when you try to start the game (game just not start / black screen / error message)?
Your Mobile Intel 965 intergrated graphics card probably is not compatible with the game. Checking out the system requirements online and it states on multiple sites: "...Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported..." Have you tried going into the BIOS and upping the video memory to see if that helps?
What is the make and model of your laptop? It may help with figuring the problem out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-duo-vs-intel-pentium.194203/
Relevancy 31.82%

Which one is faster?

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 (3Ghz)

or

Intel Core i7 940 (2.93Ghz)

??

A:Intel core 2 extreme QX9650 or Intel Core i7 950?

http://www.behardware.com/articles/778-1/giant-roundup-146-intel-and-amd-processors.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-core-2-extreme-qx9650-or-intel-core-i7-950.145352/
Relevancy 31.82%

Model  XPS 8900
Win7 Pro, SP1
When I load Chipset drivers for Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver Ver 4.0.4.51, A02 and Intel Management Engine Interface Driver Ver 11.0.0.1167, A02 my mouse wheel stops working. I've tried 3 different mice, Microsoft, Logitech and Dell. Problem occurs on all three units.
When I go back to the previous recovery point, problem goes away. Tried installing twice and problem persisted until I backed out the installs.
Losing faith in recommended Dell updates.

A:Intel USB 3.0 Driver & Intel Mgmt Engine Driver

Do you have the latest version of the Intel 100 Series Chipset Driver to go along with the updated ME and USB3 drivers?
If not, install the chipset first, reboot and test the rodents. Assuming they still work correctly, update the other 2 drivers, one at a time, rebooting in between each install, and testing the mouse wheel. If nothing else, you might figure out which driver is the offender.  
Make sure you still have a suitable System Restore point before updating anything.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992169
Relevancy 31.82%

I keep getting the VDR TDR Failure (igdkmd64.sys) error.  I open up the Intel Driver Update Utility & it states that it cannot update the driver.Error:  A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer.  The Intel Driver Update Utlity is not able to update the driver.  Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues.  Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer. I have  version 15.40.25.4463 of Intel Graphics Driver for Windows 10. How am I to update this driver?  This is extremely frustrating.  Why would you make a product that is difficult to update? JPaw 

A:Cannot update Intel Graphics 520 Driver using Intel Driver U...

This is NOT official HP Customer Support and I, as most other persons on this forum, do not work for HP. This is a peer-to-peer user supported forum for HP products. HP maintains no official presence on this forum and it is unlikely that HP will respond in an official capacity. Any reply from a HP employee represents their own opinion and not that of HP's. It appears you have the latest production release of the Intel Graphics Driver for Windows 10. The only other driver listed on Intel's support website is 14.40.26.4474 which is a BETA version. This BETA driver doesn't appear to address the issue you are having. HP hasn't made it difficult to update the driver. The Intel driver installer is what is telling you it can't install the driver. This is because there is a customized version of the driver on the computer and replacing it with a generic driver may cause issues or loss of functionality of the hardware. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Cannot-update-Intel-Graphics-520-Driver-using-Intel-Driver/td-p/5686530
Relevancy 31.82%

Which one would be better? When i try and update via Intel website i get this however. And my score on the windows experience index is only 4.9 for gpu.

A:Manufacturer driver or Intel driver for intel hd 3000

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...ivers&lang=eng
8.XXXX is far old. Please update your GFX Card Driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/224913-manufacturer-driver-intel-driver-intel-hd-3000-a.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello there

My computer has started to randomly reboot itself with a message "your computer has recovered from a serious error"appearing.It also has started to freeze quite alot and will only work when manually rebooted.

Anyone got any advice please

A:Switching itself off

Hi scarisbrick, welcome to TSF..

Before the problem started, did you install any new software or hardware?

It would also be a good idea to find out your system temperatures and voltage readings as that would help diagnose any possible heat or PSU issues. You can do this with freeware programs such as SpeedFan or SensorsView (both can be found easily via Google).

Do you hear any weird 'clicking' sounds coming from inside the box? Also, when booting do you hear any beeps?

Finally, if you go into your Event Log, you should be able to get more information on the stop errors as that would probably point us in the right direction to finding out whats causing the problems. To access your Event Log, click Start -> Run -> type: eventvwr.msc -> Click OK. Expand the System section and post back on errors which are logged at the same time as the freezes or reboots.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/switching-itself-off-252354.html
Relevancy 30.96%

my pc is just suddenly switching off just like that and i suspect it could be a virus.but now the problem is if i when to run an antivirus it switches off before the scan is complete.any idea how i can remove the virus that is if it is a virus.

Relevancy 30.96%

I bought a Z50-75 a few months ago. Occasionally it switches itself off without any warning at all. Sometimes this happens a couple of minutes after switching on, sometimes after 30 mins, most times it doesn't happen. I don't move the laptop around much so I don't think it is a problem with overheating (else why is there such a variance in behaviour ?) Does anyone have any idea why this is happening ? Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z50-75-switching-itself-off/td-p/3380561
Relevancy 30.96%

First of all, I want to sell my Windows computer and buy a new computer, possibly a mac. How much is my windows pc worth? And seeing as I am a lifetime windows user, is switching a good idea?

Specs:

HP Pavillion a305w

2.8 Ghz Celeron Processor
6 usb, parallel, PS2, etc
40GB hard drive
CD-RW Drive
DVD-Rom Drive
64mb nVidia video card
Belkin 802.11b/g wireless card
Floppy Drive.

Comes with standard keyboard and mouse, and depending on my new computer it may come with a Samsung Syncmaster 730b 17" flat panel. .

thanks for anyone who can help

A:Switching from XP?

id say its worth betwen ?170 and ?250 depending on where you sell it and whther you include monitor, operating system etc.

also switchin to macintosh is not that bad, it takes a bit of time to get used to the layout but its quite easy to use, although baring in mind some programs on windows arent available on macintosh and although most arem, they are not as up to date as windows version would be.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/switching-from-xp-88608.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hey. in the past week. my computer has taken it upon itself to randomly switch itself off... and not in a shutting down kinda way. it just looses power and everything goes black... its a real pain, and its starting to make the system unusable.
These powerdowns are most frequent during games, however, they also occur during web browsing and listening to winamp.

i reckon its the powersupply, but theres a little twinge in me that says... maybe its not.

ive got a:
AMD Athlon XP 3000+
EPOX 8RDA3+
512MB DDR ram
Nvidia GeForce FX 5600 - 256MB
SB AUDIGY 2

anything else you need to be of help?

Relevancy 30.96%

How damaging can this be to a system? If your last resot comes to switching your PSU off w/o shutting the system down.

I can count how many times I did it too :/ well over 5 times already.

Relevancy 30.96%

Hi there I just recently purchased some bits to build a new computer and I m having a bit of a problem It keeps on just powering off randomly though I have disconnected and reconnected every bit on the M b without any luck Even if I take it into the Bios or boot off of a cd after a few minutes it will just switch off There doesn t seem to be any constant variable to causing it to switch off and even the amount of time it stays switched on seems a little random I have gone into Bios H W monitor and the CPU doesn t go above degrees F I have tried disconnecting almost all switching Pc itself on keeps off the power connectors apart from the M B CPU and Graphics card connectors and still it switchs off so I know it s not a lack of power The light on the M B also stays constantly on throughout all of this The only thing I can think it might be is either the PSU or the M B itself Anyone got any ideas I can try Here is what I have W EarthWatts PSU ASUS P KC AiLifestyle Series iP Socket channel audio ATX Motherboard Intel Core Duo E GHz FSB Socket Pc keeps on switching itself off MB Corsair GB Kit x GB DDR MHz PC - Point Of View GT MB GDDR bit nbsp

Relevancy 30.96%

Hello,

Presently have my desktop pc connected via an ethernet cable to my house Router.
The Router talks to my Comcast box.

If I get an additional PC for my kid, due to space limitations, they would both be located pretty close
to each other.
We can share a single Monitor between us by just using one of those HDMI switches, but would rather
not switch physically the Ethernet cable.

Could a new PC connect to the Internet wirelessly via the Router, while leaving the original
PC connected via the Ethernet cable ?

Good way or doing it, poor approach ? Caveats, etc. ?
Better approach ?

Thanks,
Bob

A:Switching between Two PC's ?

1 pc wired and 1 pc wifi is fine, ditto 2 wired. Usually wired is faster than wifi. As for monitor sharing, depending on your pc outputs and monitor inputs, it might be possible to have the 2 pc's connected, and switch using a button on the monitor ie select input.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/385300-switching-between-two-pcs.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello,

Presently have my desktop pc connected via an ethernet cable to my house Router.
The Router talks to my Comcast box.

If I get an additional PC for my kid, due to space limitations, they would both be located pretty close
to each other.
We can share a single Monitor between us by just using one of those HDMI switches, but would rather
not switch physically the Ethernet cable.

Could a new PC connect to the Internet wirelessly via the Router, while leaving the original
PC connected via the Ethernet cable ?

Good way or doing it, poor approach ? Caveats, etc. ?
Better approach ?

Thanks,
Bob

A:Switching between Two PC's ?

1 pc wired and 1 pc wifi is fine, ditto 2 wired. Usually wired is faster than wifi. As for monitor sharing, depending on your pc outputs and monitor inputs, it might be possible to have the 2 pc's connected, and switch using a button on the monitor ie select input.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385300-switching-between-two-pcs.html