Windows Support Forum

admin account and user admin still no admin privilages

Q: admin account and user admin still no admin privilages

Hi,
I have been looking for this answer for 2 days and can not find anyone who has had similair problem.

THere are 2 accounts Administrator and Kenmystro/administrator. I have the password for both and can access both. win 7 Ultimate Hp8510.
I have already selected all user permissions and taken ownership in every box I could find for Kenmystro/admin. the UAC is at minimum and the security centre is off. Run as admin on right click does not help.
It does not matter which of the 2 accounts I log into when I try install certain HP software(Maintenance
& some drivers) it says I do not have admin privileges.

This is driving me nuts can anyone help??

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: admin account and user admin still no admin privilages

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 21.93%

Hello,

I bought a R9 270X by XFX. My current specs are:

CPU: AMD A10 7800k (Standard Clock Speeds, Graphics Disabled)
RAM: 4GB (2 sticks, both working)
Motherboard: FM2, Gigabyte
PSU: 500 watt 80+ Cert Silver
HDD: 500GB WD Blue

So the issue is that the R9 card consistenly crashes out of all games no matter if I uninstall the drivers or reinstall them. I have tried removing the drivers through catalyst control center and through application based tools (DisplayDriverUninstaller). Once I uninstall and reinstall, it works, until the computer is restarted and then rinse and repeat.

Is this the card saying it is dying? If so it is a weird way of graphics card dying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/r9-270x-doa-or-user-error.209138/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi,

I am playing around with Server 2012. If I want to have a laptop configured for "at office use" with option to go on site, what would be the best way to do that in order to retain access to shared locations on server that is "at office"?

Should I create a standard windows account unrelated to my domain controller, and have them VPN regardless if they are in office or on site? Or is there a way to have a laptop configured for domain use, where it will still be functional (local computer use) on site outside of the office, even without internet connection (I know you can's VPN without it).

Thanks

A:Best way to set up local and remote user with Server 2012

Well this is kind of interesting. You can in fact use a domain laptop away from the local network as long as you have logged into int once on the domain so it can cache your password for future log ins. Now comes to the more difficult part of your question's. Accessing files remotely while not online, you can set up what is called offline files. Offline files will give you acess to your files away from domain network. So if you choose to do offline files any changes made to the file while away from the domain controller where you shares are set up will have to be synced once back on the domain network. So if you make changes to lets say docA while off domain network, once you get back to domain network you will have to sync offline files to the server to update any changes you have made. This set up would not require offsite network but can bring problems when syncing once you reconnect on domain. But now lets say you have the same shares and now you have multiple individials with the same access to the shares. Say you make changes to docA and the other person makes changes to docA while offiste. Once you both reconnect and sync to server you could have issues with data such as duplicate information or doc merging. VPN would be the best option for sure....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-set-up-local-and-remote-user-with-server-2012.206403/
Relevancy 21.07%

I bought a ADSL Modem D-Link 2730U

We are connecting to the Modem via Laptop, PC, Phone,... at the same time.

I want to know how can I monitor network(Receive/Send) for each user who connected to the Modem.

Can I do such thing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-network-for-each-user-connected-to-adsl-router-modem.206910/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have joined a computer (PC1) to a domain control server (2008), and user able to login using their domain user account - although recently I have found out that even though the computer (PC1) do not connect to a server, user still able to access using their domain account.
Is there a way for me to restrict domain account user from accessing the computer (PC1) if they are disconnected from server?
Hope my explanation make sense to you guyz.

Thank in advance

A:Prevening domain user from accessing Computer

Lots to be considered. Joining a domain is intended to give the company admin configuration control of all the company users.
This is normal, expected and even proper for the company to do this.

restrict domain account userClick to expand...

hmm; only the company admin should be able to do this and almost always it is done using some scripts, NOT by loggin into your PC. So - - who is accessing your PC remotely, the admin - - how do you know this occurs?

PCs joined to a domain usually get a replacement for PC Login - - the network form and that creates a link to the domain controller.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/prevening-domain-user-from-accessing-computer.204127/
Relevancy 21.93%

I finally found out why my wireless keyboard didn't work as I mentioned in another thread several months back.
Evidently the USB wifi thingy was in a USB port that didn't work. When I was going thru this thread http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-device.202706/
I removed it thinking it might be the unknown device.
Anyhow, I've been trying to find the manual for my wireless KB & can't find it.
I'm not sure which number(s) I need. MS PART NO. X820309-001
Serial number or Product ID? Here it is

A:MS Keyboard user manual help

Well, I went here http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/wireless-keyboard-3000 & despite the fact its default language is English, the downloads are in any language BUT.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-keyboard-user-manual-help.202759/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have networked PCs before many times successfully so this is not my first time trying to network PCs in a home environment Though I m wondering if Windows is part of the problem I would have thought that for sure until one of the name credentials bad password? user with unknown even correct failure: or "Logon new laptops running W would not connect to any of the other three PCs Laptops running W Yet these other three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to this laptop Then it gets a little more "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password? even with correct credentials interesting this same laptop that couldn t connect to those three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to a Windows desktop and a XP Laptop and those two can also connect back to it without issue It s almost like my network is divided in half and only half can talk to each other But then when I thought it couldn t get any more interesting I realized the first three W PCs Laptops can talk to the others it s just that the others W Laptop W Desktop XP Laptop can t talk back to them without getting the error quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password even though the username and password are correct I don t fully understand this error because on the surface it s just WRONG My username and password are correct but it appears something somewhere is interfering or hijacking the authentication process Three of the computers laptops are brand new just purchased last week and setup this week The HostPC is also fairly new just purchased last month I am not using a HomeGroup and have removed all computers that were part of a HomeGroup I have enabled file sharing and network discovery and enabled Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers on all PCs I have DSL and am using the wireless modem provided by my ISP which has router functionality built into it It is a Sagemcom Model F ST N All computers are connected wirelessly Time is correct on all PCs I cannot use Group Policy since they re all Standard or Home edition DHCP is enabled and all computers are on the same subnet using the x range of ip addresses The six computers are as follows I figured this may make is easier to visualize the layout HostPC HP Desktop W PC Name DrsBlend U N DrsBlend p w not showing my real password PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Desktop W SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC Dell Laptop XP SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W Every PC stated above has the same user name and password and is logged-in with the username DrsBlend and the password The quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password happens when trying to access HostPC PC or PC from PC PC or PC The HostPC can see and connect to all the PCs but only PC and PC can talk back or access the HostPC It s like the HostPC and PC and PC are in their own little clique and can talk back and forth to each other Those three PCs can also talk to PC PC and PC as well but PC PC and PC cannot talk back to them HostPC PC PC Profile corruption I would have entertained that thought but the fact the first three PCs can access and talk to one another kind of defeats that idea and the fact the PCs were just recently setup Firewall Disabled and disabled TrendMicro with no change With them on off the first three PCs can still talk to each other and the rest of the PCs Anyone have any additional suggestions nbsp

A:"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password” even with correct credentials

I experienced a similar problem when I was trying to network my 8.1 machine the host network. As you say the host PC can see and connect to all of the machines, but not the other way around. Not sure if it is the same in your situation but I found that Microsoft's idea of network sharing on the Windows 8 class of OS differs greatly from previous OS's in that you can connect to it from an external host, but when trying to do the other way around it doesn't "see" the PC in question due to differing network sharing protocols included in the OS.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am speaking only from what happened with my network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logon-failure-unknown-user-name-or-bad-password%E2%80%9D-even-with-correct-credentials.201313/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a Dell Inspiron 2200 still running XP that has an administrator account, as well as a guest account (where the important docs I need are stored). It has a faulty DC jack, and I plan on having it recycled due to the fact the repair would cost more than the computer is worth. If I remove the hard drive and put it in a USB housing, would I be able to access the info stored under the guest account without any problems?

Relevancy 21.93%

I issue An logins with user have a former company PC Earlier I was attempting to remove the company An issue with user logins domain from it so that I didn t have to An issue with user logins log in as the previous user every time just to get to the desktop So I changed the computer name right click my computer properties computer name I then clicked on Network ID and set to this computer is for An issue with user logins home use and then it went wrong I restarted the computer as instructed and tried to log on as the user as before but it is telling me the password is incorrect The username is correct and so is the password It s clear that whatever I did with the Network ID has caused this I have logged on as administrator but need to access the other user due to the saved files on there etc Can someone help me revert back access that user account from admin Is there a way to completely detach the PC from the previous domain so that it is like a normal home PC with no log in Thank You nbsp

A:An issue with user logins

Administrator account has permission to access files from other users. Just go to the C:/Users section or whatever.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/an-issue-with-user-logins.198449/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a Windows 7 computer wired into my home network. It has a printer attached to it that I have set to share. I have a windows 7 laptop and an XP laptop. Both 7 machines can see open the shared drives on the XP machine but when I try to access the shared drives of either 7 machine from any of the other machines I am asked to give a User ID and a password. This is a private Home network. I have no passwords set up on any of the machines. I'm trying to set up the printer on the two laptops and I can't access it without the User ID Password window popping up. Does anyone know what the problem is?

A:Home Network asking for user ID and password

This is all normal operation for print/file sharing. If you really want sharing without using passwords (imo a security risk), then you need to google for "anonymous sharing"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-asking-for-user-id-and-password.194484/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi Friends ... I have this laptop that has been given to me by my company and the USB ports have been blocked in manner such that I can copy stuff from my USB drive on to the machine but cannot copy in the reverse direction, ie. from the hard drive to the USB. Obviously it is to safeguard against theft of data. However, I do not deal with any confidential data and like to back up things every few days. Please tell me a shortcut to unlock my USB entirely even though I do not have administrator rights on the machine.

A:How to unlock USB ports without admin password?

Sorry, we will not assist in circumventing such security features, especially when the machine belongs to someone else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-unlock-usb-ports-without-admin-password.193100/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have an: DIXONH55ITX Socket 1156 Advent Firefly FP 3104 System Motherboard

I'm looking to upgrade for 2 main reasons.

1.) Upgrade my Ram, (as the limit of ram for this motherboard is 4gb.)
2.) More than 1 PCI-E slot. (There's only one on this motherboard.)

But my main question is:
What do I need to take into account when upgrading my Motherboard?
(Compatibility issues etc.)

Also any motherboard recommendations (under 200). As I'm planning on upgrading my computer to a gaming rig.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

A:What do I need to take into account when upgrading my motherboard?

Not quite understanding you. Are you wanting to keep all other parts and just upgrade mobo, ram and gpu?:

It sounds to me like you are wanting to build an entire new system. If so, give us a budget and what should be included (monitor, windows etc.).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-i-need-to-take-into-account-when-upgrading-my-motherboard.190547/
Relevancy 21.5%

I?ve never had to set the BIOS password, but the kids are growing up and I need to lock access to my PC.

My Bios has two Password Options: Supervisor and User.

The Supervisor password was accepted, and before I attempt to change the BIOS settings, the Supervisor password is asked for.

Then I set the user password.

However, when I boot up the PC, I am not asked for any password and windows loads as usual.

What am I missing?

The BIOS is Award Software International, Inc. F4 HI 07/03/2007

A:Unable to set BIOS user password

Do you have the option mentioned below?

Setting a BIOS Password

Now you'll want to set your system to ask for that password every time it boots, so select the BIOS FEATURES SETUP option, to see a menu something like this:

Fairly obviously, it's the Password Check option we're interested in, so select it and change the setting to ALWAYS.

etc....Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-set-bios-user-password.183774/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey guys every time i restart my laptop it wipes all the user profiles, leaves one and wipes all the custom settings on that profile. I have no idea and any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again

A:User profiles deleted on start up

This might be caused by a virus or other malware infection, a corrupt hard drive or Windows itself is corrupt... Can you do a destructive laptop restore? This is a way that the laptop is put back just like it was when you turned it on when you first bought it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-profiles-deleted-on-start-up.175534/
Relevancy 21.93%

In our network we have many remote sites. We are currently all WinXP Pro but are starting to transition to Windows 7 (64-bit) when we cycle PCs out.

We have been using RealVNC for years instead of RDP because RealVNC allows shared control of the PC between you and the local user (ie: "Show me what you are talking about"). I've tried Tight (which leaves lots remnants after uninstalling), Real (simply does not work unless you buy the Enterprise version, for ~800 computers that just isn't going to work) and Ultra (works, but randomly resets its options and closes down once you log out of a profile).

Is there a way to allow shared control during RDP? If not, is there another VNC-ish program I can try (freeware) that's as reliable as RealVNC has been under XP?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/allow-local-user-control-in-rdp.171996/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everybody, I have a home network with about 3 computer connected. I am using a laptop and when ever I use the net view command in cmd, I can only view my laptop. Why can't I see the other 2 computer?

All the computer have Win. 7 Home Premium Installed. Is there a way to send messages to those computers within the network, without the use of 3rd party applications... Perhaps by cmd?

I know you can, but I am unsure how.

A:Net view/net user

examples

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff>net view $SYSTEM_NAME
Shared resources at $SYSTEM_NAME
[B]lt-beard[/B]

Share name Type Used as Comment
--------------------------------------------------------
Italy-1 Disk
Italy-2 Disk
RealEstate Disk
SharedDocs Disk
The command completed successfully.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff>net view emac
Shared resources at emac

Mac OS X

Share name Type Used as Comment
--------------------------------------------------------
homes Disk User Home Directories
i860 Print Canon i860
jeff Disk User Home Directories
MP470 series Print Canon MP470 series
It should be clear that NET VIEW SYSTEM is dependent upon getting Print/File Sharing working correctly.

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff>[B]net user jeff[/B]
User name Jeff
Full Name Jeff
Comment primary user(LUA)
User's comment
Country code 000 (System Default)
Account active Yes
Account expires Never

blah blah ...

Workstations allowed All
Logon script
User profile
Home directory
Last logon 9/2/2011 10:55 AM

Logon hours allowed All

Local Group Memberships *Users
Global Group memberships *None

Would appear to be Policy settings for the user

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/net-view-net-user.170621/
Relevancy 21.07%

Okay here is the story My laptop has a ton of valuable information on it recently my Norton protection ran out and was unable to renew it Well somebody hacked my system and now I have a ton of viruses trojans and malware So I was still able to use my Copy to drive external profile user entire hard PC for internet usage and my music still played in Windows Media Player So all in all my laptop still worked Now today I go to turn on my laptop and it will not boot up at all I can t even system restore or repair it with windows repair However I do need to back up my files and since my hard drive is what is wrong in the first place I think it might be better instead of copying the entire hard drive to my terabyte external hard drive if it would make more sense just to copy my entire user profile onto my external I am wondering if this is possible i have heard of LiveCD s and Parted Magic from this forum But I am wondering if I can just back up all of my files that way If I can back up all of my files like that I might save money instead of taking to a repairman and just fix it myself So is it possible to copy and back-up the entire user profile of a laptop that will not boot up to an external hard drive Basically I want to copy the entire contents of my User Profile on Vista onto an external drive so I can use my reboot CD to reboot my laptop without losing any of my files and folders or Copy entire user profile to external hard drive anything for that Copy entire user profile to external hard drive matter I figure the best way to do that would be to copy the user profile so all the contents of that profile would go onto my external Then I reboot my computer and put Copy entire user profile to external hard drive the User Profile back on Simple nbsp

A:Copy entire user profile to external hard drive

Have you tried a repair install? If that is possible that will leave your files intact.. It is a good idea to back on a regular basis anyway.

The other possibility is connecting your hard drive as a slave drive on another pc.

If the repair install is not possible there are a number of ways using boot cd's to access your data.

Here is one solution that is free and should do what you want
http://www.paragon-software.com/home/rk-express/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/copy-entire-user-profile-to-external-hard-drive.169549/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi!

First of all, I dont know if this is the right spot to ask about hosting, but since Techspot has helped me with a lot of computer related problems, I thought Id give it a try...

Anyways, Im about to buy a hosting plan from Hostgator, but I want to use one account to host at least 3 different sites (top domains, like firstpage.com, secondpage.com and thirdpage.com). I know the reselling account would be the most effective, but I dont need to have a different cPanel for each user.

Can this be done with a Baby plan? Im going to buy domain names from another company, but I guess that doesnt matter. Im new to all this hosting stuff, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Hosting several sites on one account

that's all up to the hosting site policies - - don't hold your breath.

the Apache2 web server does this with <VirtualHost: ipaddress:80>
see http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hosting-several-sites-on-one-account.167782/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello,

I have a lynksis wrt400n wireless router. I noticed today that there is a user named 'scotty-PC' in my network.

I do have it password protected.

I'm thinking the easiest way would be to shut off the wireless if that is possible. My wife and I are both hardwired into the router anyways.

How do I go about shutting off the wireless signal from the router?

Thank you in advance!

A:Need help with unknown user in my network

use your browser to reconfig the router - - use the IP address 193.168.1.1 as a URL
login: leave user name empty, password is admin
(obviously this needs to be changed too - - read on)

the Users Guide is here

Option one would be to DISABLE the radio - - read thru to find that

Option two would be to use WiFi Mac Filtering; -- pg 14
This option will allows ONLY defined systems access, so set a dummy, like the MAC
address of your wired NIC

Before you quit, DISABLE remote management on port 8080
and CHANGE that admin password

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-unknown-user-in-my-network.164009/
Relevancy 21.5%

I ll try to shorten this some I was having some problems that I determined were either caused by the hard drive corrupted WinXP Media Version or my RAM I ran MEM Test user paste Can't switch copy can't and and it failed so I replaced the RAM with one G Can't switch user can't copy and paste stick That solved several issues I still had an issue with switching users I had the computer set up for users with myself as the admin My partition is that what it s called works just fine but if I log into one of the other three it will not allow shutdown restart log off or change user It forces me to do a hard shutdown I decided that my OS may be corrupted so I took the opportunity to install a bigger faster HD and installed WinXP Pro The problem did not go away This doesn t make sense to me What else could cause this I also have a new problem Sometimes the copy and paste feature will just quit working It seems to copy but then the Paste will not quot light up quot when I right click in the program I want to use Could this be driver related nbsp

A:Can't switch user can't copy and paste

It's possible that the group policy is keeping the regular users from doing things like log off, or shutdown. You may want to check what the settings are or put all those users into a single group and give them the proper permissions to do whatever you want.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-switch-user-cant-copy-and-paste.159642/
Relevancy 21.5%

Explanation:

Ok so I work in a small office and I have a networked printer that takes user numbers for passwords to print. This way we can keep track of print jobs and charge the employees accordingly. This user # is setup thru printer preferences. Normally only one user # is required for each computer as each employee has their own computer. Well there are two open computers at my office that anyone can use, these two have their own user #'s.

Question:

What i'd like to do is set it up so these open computers prompt for a user number before being able to print instead of having a user # saved under the preferences. Is this possible?

Relevant information:

Computers - Windows Xp Pro sp3
Server - Windows server 2003
Printer - Sharp Mx-6200N

Thank for any help regarding this situation.

A:Prompting for user # on a network printer

hmm; this is a commercial Charge Back process. Home users would hardly ever need or want
something like this.
I would think you would find such options in the software you are using to capture the user#,
likely on your Domain Controller ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/prompting-for-user-on-a-network-printer.150482/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have an hp mini 1000 netbook with the admin passwords in the bios and win xp. It was my cousins who is no longer with us, so my aunt gave it to me. Noone knows the passwords. How can I bypass them or override them? I can get in as a guest but it is too limited. What are my best options?

A:HP Mini admin password unknown

You need to talk to HP, after changing the registered ownership, and may need a document about the fate of the previous owner. You may have to send it to a certified HP service center with a formal notice of change of ownership included.
As for TechSpot, there is a policy to not provide assistance with passwords.
What you want to do is usually very difficult in the best of circumstances.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-mini-admin-password-unknown.148971/
Relevancy 21.5%

What software to use, user friendly. Take *.avi movie covert and burn it so it will play on a dvd with a splash screen (menu) title to play movie and title(2) to include a small video clip of myself including a a message.

Was trying to use DeVeDe but I am having trouble with title 2 being authoritative with my video and both titles go straight to the movie. DeveDe is for Ubuntu but let me know of software for ubuntu or windows xp

A:User friendly video to dvd with menu

Rather use a windows xp app anyways and I am sure, much more. ubuntu machine not as powerful for decoding videos, or this devede program, audio came out of sync and still had the title allocation issue. I really want to get my video message in the dvd menu.

thanks !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-friendly-video-to-dvd-with-menu.143608/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi all,

Well the message was not clear, but here is the problem I am having.

I own a Acer Aspire 5920G and I accidentally spilled water onto it, was not a lot and thankfully my laptop lived. However, there is only one slight problem. My Keyboard is malfunctioning, as it is typing random stuff and doing random things. Not like a backdoor. It goes like "eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwxxxxxffffggggghhhhh" it somtimes backspaces and does random inputs. I don't know what's going on and I hope someone here can help me solve this problem.

*Note I think it's a problem within the computer because the keys are not sticky and I can still type but not with all the kets.*

A:Help! Keyboard Inputting into Laptop without User!

Hi

laptop keyboards are delicate at the best of times, any liquid spilt into it will dry and cause this issue,

you can use an external keyboard and see if it does this, you will have to remove the keyboard from the laptop, this is usually done by removing some screws and then undoing the ribbon connector from the board, or by unclipping the keyboard from the housing and disconnecting the ribbon cable.

keyboard go for about 15 on ebay dependant on who is selling it, dont try and repair it you will be wasting your time.

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-keyboard-inputting-into-laptop-without-user.142568/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi all,

Well the message was not clear, but here is the problem I am having.

I own a Acer Aspire 5920G and I accidentally spilled water onto it, was not a lot and thankfully my laptop lived. However, there is only one slight problem. My Keyboard is malfunctioning, as it is typing random stuff and doing random things. Not like a backdoor. It goes like "eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwxxxxxffffggggghhhhh" it somtimes backspaces and does random inputs. I don't know what's going on and I hope someone here can help me solve this problem.

*Note I think it's a problem within the computer because the keys are not sticky and I can still type but not with all the kets.*

A:Help! Keyboard Inputting into Laptop without User!

Probably your notebook's keyboard shorted out when you spilled water on it.

I would advise you to leave your notebook alone for few days to dry out completely and see if the shorting sorts itself out. Otherwise, you may end up having to replace the keyboard; for which you'll be better off consulting an technician.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-keyboard-inputting-into-laptop-without-user.142569/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi,

What happen to my rapidshare premium account... almost 5 days, download is very slow...15kbps and finally gone... Normally, i got 212kbps.

A:Rapidshare Premium Account

Tell us more. What is a Rapidshare Premium Account?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rapidshare-premium-account.138275/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a Dell Latitude D630. It has an admin password for the bios. Nothing is locked except for the settings. I can't change any of the settings in the bios. It lets me boot to windows just fine though. My question is, since I don't know that admin password for the bios, if I upgrade the bios firmware, will the admin password be deleted? Since I'm flashing the bios, I would think that all the settings will be lost. Is that the case?

A:Will upgrading the bios firmware on a Latitude D630 delete the bios admin password?

What?

Didn't you reply here, and say it worked (after the unusual 9th try ) http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109612-109.html#post747024

Awfully strange!

A bios update can't remove passwords. As You Must Know

Oh and thanks for the extended long Title. I'm thinking this Topic of yours would be best removed? What do you think?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-upgrading-the-bios-firmware-on-a-latitude-d630-delete-the-bios-admin-password.138281/
Relevancy 21.07%

A user has been using her laptop for several years and uses Outlook for her POP3 email.
When we installed a server and joined her laptop to the domain she was unable to see her email without logging out of the server and logging back into her local account.
How do I let her domain profile be the same as her local profile?

A:User loses access to outlook email after being joined to domain

You can't, it's considered as a different user. Just take the settings from Outlook and import them into the other account name.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-loses-access-to-outlook-email-after-being-joined-to-domain.134427/
Relevancy 21.5%

Ive got an Acer 7250g and it was working fine until today.When i turn it on i get "User profile service failed the logon" i cant sign in or do anything-help please.

A:User profile service failed the logon

Welcome to Techspot
If you haven't already done so, this may be a grat place to start and get the 'feel' of this forum,
http://www.techspot.com/vb/menu31.html
The following link may help solve your login problem,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-profile-service-failed-the-logon.133880/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi, everyone
I have an serious problem, ive buy an hp 6730B on ebay but when i want to upgrade the bios, my computer wants an administrator password for the flash.
The seller told me he have maybe do an error of typing, beacause his password don't work.
this computer is an compaq 6730B
S/n : CNU8466GNS
P/n : GB987ET#ABF
Service tag : C6730bUP8400W5X16GIBNNF20Qa

Thank you

A:HP 6730B bios admin password problem

hi,
I asked for the same problem in this forum but my threat was deleted with the suggestion to read the Forum FAQs.
I read them but I didn't find why they did it. So I want repeat the question adding it to the yours one:

HP CompaQ nx9005
hash code [ 15656]
I need the system password

I wrote and I just wrote again at the hp forum about it whitout any help, and the hp chat doesn't start because of a bag (I'm not the only one having this problem).

I read all messages of the reference topic about the same problem (as suggested) but I didn't find my needs.
I think I will have to ask about it a lot of time. Hope to find someone who can help me.
thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-6730b-bios-admin-password-problem.132944/
Relevancy 21.07%

Our school is moving from a Workgroup setup to a Domain (Active Directory.) I'm having a problem though. When I set up new users all of their local settings disappear. So now I'm looking for an easy way to migrate User Profiles from the Local User to the new active directory user. I know microsoft has the Active Directory Migration Tool but is that truly the BEST way to do it?? The guide is like 100000 pages long so I'm not even sure if I want to go that route. Thanks in advance guys.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/migrating-from-workgroup-to-domain-user-profile-migration.131944/
Relevancy 78.26%

OK, my subject line might sound cryptic! Here is my set up: first router (main) is connected to the cable modem and provides std addresses as 192.168.1.2 (base is 192.168.1.1) etc. I have a second router (same brand) as a gateway connected to my main. This second router base address is 10.10.10.1 and all that are connected to this one have manually provided IP addresses (such as 10.10.0.2, etc). The main one provides WIFI access as for the second one do not.

Now my question: from my laptop who uses the WIFI network, how can I reach or connect to the other network (the one that is managed with the router with the 10.10.10.1 address? The purpose? I would like to access the computer connected to it as if they were part of the WIFIed network. And be able to access the router management page. Any clue?

A:Cascading routers - how to access admin features from one to the other?

first some basics;

examine the router (the box itself). everything attached to a LAN slot will default to
routing upwards using the WAN slot -- that's a big clue as to what the routing tables looks like.

second; to manage the configuration of a specific router:
a) WIRE a system directly to it
b) login to the router config page using the current router's ip-address

if your network is
modem---router#1----router#2---router#3

then a system attached to routerX will route upward to router(X-1) and NOT downward to router(X+1)

if you wish to have ALL systems (wired and wireless) see and share with each other, then you have too many distinct address.
Leave router#1 as is. disconnect router#2 from #1 and wire router#1 to a LAN port on router#2, leaving its WAN port empty. Log into router#2 and disable DHCP.

Now do the same for the wire from #2-->#3 and disable#3 DHCP.

All systems (wired or WiFi) will get ip-assignments from router#1 and will be able to
ping and share files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cascading-routers-how-to-access-admin-features-from-one-to-the-other.130510/
Relevancy 21.93%

hi all i'm new here so be patient and gentle pls.

my question is can i read a report or log file that will tell me how long users have been logged into my server. i run sbs2003 and have some users on remote access via vpn, does the monitoring on the system allow me to view log in times for each user and how long they are logged in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-user-log-in-times.129887/
Relevancy 23.65%

i got windows xp pro i was missing around with computer management and did something now i cant log into my mind administrator account i try to reboot on safe mode i get the administrator name but i try to create a another accuont or change but i get a asses denied i try i to Ctrl Alt Delete and nothing i think i my have deleted something and messed everything up ..when i go to my user account from control panel i dont see a quest account or administrator all i see is that small picture off a bass guitar and its says administrator but under it says guest account i have no privilege for nothing . how can i change that guest under admintrator account ?

A:Administrator account problam

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Vista Repair:
http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winvista/index.htm (index page)
http://vistahomepremium.windowsreinstall.com/repairstartup/repairstartup.htm (guide)

Or use UBCD to back up your data and re-install clean
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic123957.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/administrator-account-problam.124614/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi all having successfully cleansed said laptop from various nasties thanks in part to Kimsland and Bobbye i have an issue with the admin login Ok when booting up xp is set to fast user switching and the welcome screen login screen with user accounts Administrator is not included in the list So i hit ctrl alt del twice which then brings up the secure login dialog box So i key in Administrator and the Pavilion DV1000 login? HP admin password that i set and it comes up with quot Unable to log you on HP Pavilion DV1000 admin login? because of an account restriction quot WTF is that The only way i can log in as admin is to reboot into safe mode when it presents itself as another user in the welcome screen list giving in total which quite frankly is ridiculous The main reason the lappy was infected was due to uneducated users installing all kinds of crap as their accounts had admin rights I need to restrict them to limited accounts whilst having full access to the admin account without the need to reboot into safe mode I ve google searched for answers but couldn t find any I m looking for a way to solve this issue so with respect please don t come back with workarounds like quot press shift right-click run as kind of suggestions because i m after full access to admin account without rebooting So any help you can offer would be most appreciated thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv1000-admin-login.121078/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi guys really I have big problem I have Dell Latitude X1 and I don't have the admin password
I want to reboot it. but i don't know how if i can't even access to this computer ...Thank you

A:Admin Password

If you are the registered owner of the laptop you are probably better off contacting Dell support.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password.120623/
Relevancy 79.12%

I think I ve tamed my new beast of an ATI Radeon x Not sure WHY I absolutely had to have it but hey The top card for a few weeks anyway even though at stock fan speeds the CORE temps can reach Celcius what about fragile parts on the mobo nearby this little heatbox FYI - Running XP Pro V SP Anyway Riva Tuner seems to work at hot New Needs run? - RivaTuner run to X2s Admin 4870 Clearance comandeering the GPU fan speeds back up to reasonable - if a tad noisy - levels Its a little Klugey occaisionally stops working or seems to only want to work from either the startup folder or as from New 4870 X2s run hot - RivaTuner Needs Admin Clearance to run? a registry key The main problem I have is that I have a Visitor account setup I sublet my place occasionally for non-ME users to limit the amount of havoc they can do HOWEVER Riva tuner will not start or operate properly with anything but administrator privileges This is a non-starter So I can either grant guests full dominion over my PC or have my cooks itself into complete failure while restricting the access of my guests Is there a better mousetrap for RivaTuner Note that starting up as an admin and then logging on off is NOT an option as of the time the scenario will be a guest starting up without me around Many thanks to all who opine nbsp

A:New 4870 X2s run hot - RivaTuner Needs Admin Clearance to run?

100C would melt/damage the CPU quickly. Get a better 3rd party cooler

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-4870-x2s-run-hot-rivatuner-needs-admin-clearance-to-run.117807/
Relevancy 21.93%

I've had a couple of complaints from a user where I work who cannot login wirelessly using their laptop. They can however logon fine if they plugin an ethernet cable. Once they have logged in, they can use the wireless connection just fine.

What might cause this? I'm struggling to troubleshoot it.

Thanks

A:User cannot logon wirelessly

You must be in a Domain/Networked login environment as WiFi vs wired networking is not germane to user login otherwise.

I think you're in a catch-22; you need the network to login but need login to access the network.

Fix the GPO policy for WiFi users to allow local login to the machine.
This will give the ability to then MAP drives to the infrastructure using the WiFi connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-cannot-logon-wirelessly.116860/
Relevancy 76.97%

I need to know the location of the password chip on the motherboard of a Dell Latitude C840. Everything I have tried so far has not worked. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get on this.

A:Admin Password chip location on Dell Latitude C840

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your answer may be found in this thread HERE Pages 10/11/12 maybe the interesting part for you.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-chip-location-on-dell-latitude-c840.36272/
Relevancy 21.93%

i was wondering how to get rid of user accounts.the computer im about to get has 3 accounts hogin up the drive so i went into safe mode and change the pass cus i couldnt find how to delete them and that didnt work either.plz help and i thank you all for your previous help that i will be needing.

A:How to delete user accounts

Instructions
Click Start
Click Control Panel
In Control Panel Window click User Accounts
In the user accounts window click the account that you want to delete
Click delete the account.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-delete-user-accounts.113022/
Relevancy 79.12%

hello the dell of my brother is blocked with an administrator password, I will to know if it is possible to regulate this problem

the model is dell latitude 110L, the service tag is #204FM1J-595B

who could help me please ??

if someone can help me,contact me

thanks guys and good luck

A:Dell Latitude110L admin password

Your brother may ask DELL for master password to unlock the computer.

maxpaynemafia said:

hello the dell of my brother is blocked with an administrator password, I will to know if it is possible to regulate this problem

the model is dell latitude 110L, the service tag is #204FM1J-595B

who could help me please ??

if someone can help me,contact me

thanks guys and good luckClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude110l-admin-password.51418/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi

Is there a way to remove administrative tools and command prompt from a windows 2003 server lock down terminal session?

Thanks,
G

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-admin-tools-and-command-prompt-from-terminal-session.103873/
Relevancy 78.26%

Cannot Login to Netgear DG834G router wirelessly from Dell Laptop

Hi heres hoping you can help me.

I have a wireless connection through a Netgear DG834G from a Dell M6300 running Windows XP which is working fine with respect to accessing the internet..

I also have a desktop (wired to the router) which is also running fine.

The problem is that I cannot log into the router wirelessly as Admin on 192.168.0.1
I can login to the router as Admin from the wired PC, but not the laptop !!
I get to the login screen to input password but when pressing enter the login box just re-appears with the password field blank again.
I know the password entered is correct and accurate as it works from the wired desktop

(note: I have changed my laptop recently from HP to Dell, I was able to access the router wirelessly as Admin to perform maintenance with the HP model)

Any ideas ?

A:Cannot connect to wireless router as admin wirelessly

Are all the settings correct for the wireless laptop.
encryption method WEP, WPA, WPA2
passwords

Does the router even see this new laptop?
Do you still have the older laptop?
Check to see if the DELL firewall is disabled under Windows, make sure it off.
Try opening up a session: ping 192.168.0.1
Does the laptop get IP by DHCP,

ipconfig /release wait.... ipconfig /renew wait... try it again does work then
try static IP then do ipconfig /flushdns and ipconfig /registerdns

If all still doesn't work try..
re-joining the wireless router
disconnect using the wireless in range method on the laptop
reconnect but remove the password then re-do it then click on connect see if the wireless laptop can connect.
If it does reboot the laptop and login with your login ID password
Now open the browser and see if you can get into your router
Make sure you do not have any spyware or popup blocker active..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-wireless-router-as-admin-wirelessly.103395/
Relevancy 21.93%

Im in an office where by we are around 10-20 users on the LAN.im not the network administrator, but i would like to know a way i would block a user from downloading because it really slows us down ...any advice?

A:How to stop a user from downloading on a LAN

yes, well i think go to 192.0.0.1 and figure ur self threw its really easy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-stop-a-user-from-downloading-on-a-lan.103413/
Relevancy 76.97%

Greetings,

Computer- Dell Inspiron 8100
Problem- Admin Bios Password

I have tried numoerous things, and in the end seems eeprom is only way to reset this.

I looked and looked, it says under motherboard, yet I never found a "24OC" 4 legged chip on the board to reset.

This cpu is 7 yrs old.

So far no luck fixing this one or my Toshiba and have both been reduced to eeprom reset as only viable option.

TY,

XaNaToS

A:Cant find EEprom on Dell Inspiron 8100 (admin bios pw)

All Dell (and others) BIOS and Admin password removal to this thread only:

--> HP / Dell / etc. Laptop password help (April - June 2008)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-eeprom-on-dell-inspiron-8100-admin-bios-pw.102977/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello all hardware wizards, sorry to take your precious time .

I just purchased HP NC8230 laptop from eBay. It's really great laptop. The laptop not require boot password and so it reaches to windows XP, but unfortunately I discovered that its bios is admin protected, therefore I can't access bios and make any modification. I know that these business laptops have extra bios protection and therefore it's not so easy task to reset their password.

Can someone, that have experience with this kind of laptops, help me? It would be very appreciated.
Ozmaia

A:HP NC8230 laptop Bios Admin Password

read the faqs AND post in the laptop forum. Your answer is already there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-nc8230-laptop-bios-admin-password.102649/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi guys,
i would like your opinions on which brand of routers do you think is the best and most user-friendly to use. By user-friendly i mean that it is easy to configure and there are sufficient step-by-step instructions on the manual to help you set up a successful connection.

I have been using a Planet XRT-401C and i highly advise you NOT to use it. There's simply insufficient instructions given on the manual on how to configure it. I also keep having connection issues (limited connectivity) when connecting 2 of my PCs using this router.

Looking forward to hearing your opinions!

A:The best and most user-friendly router to use?

Cisco is the best, but expensive
Netgear is very easy.
LinkSys and DLink are relatively easy and offer more downloads and install help online than most others.
Consider the LinkSys WRT330N, or the DLink Router which includes wireless, which is a dream to setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-best-and-most-user-friendly-router-to-use.100896/
Relevancy 21.07%

We have a new user that has returned, she is at a remote location, so she logs on via Terminal Services. If we log into the Terminal Server as her from the home office we cannot access the network program, and she cannot from her remote location, either. If we log on as her on one of the computers here at the home office, we can access the program just fine. If we log into the Terminal Server as ourself, we can open the program. We just tried deleting the user and recreating it, and there was no change. Anyone have any suggestions?

A:New User on Terminal Services cannot open network program

What is your network, and who is your provider?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-user-on-terminal-services-cannot-open-network-program.87774/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi,
Could someone help me? I have a Dell Latitude D510 laptop and I put an BIOS admin passwoed an year ago. Now I need to remeve it but I don't remember. I tried the latitude.exe program but did not worked. Service tag nr. is 6TXB42J-595B . Thanks a lot in advance.

A:Dell laptop reset bios admin password

U will have to do, a chip reset.
Coz i also keep trying those ideas with the latitude application but it failed, but when i did the chip reset, thing worked out exactly how i wanted them.
All the best

Cheers
Robin

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-reset-bios-admin-password.92541/
Relevancy 79.12%

I am in sales. I have a new Dell d610 Latitude Laptop. I need to reset some of the stuff in the BIOS for wireless, etc and the IT guys at my company seem to have mislogged or fogotten the admin pw for BIOS. Anyway they have given me five alrady and non of them work. They say I will have to ship the unit in to Chicago and they will fix it. That will take a WEEK that I do not have. How can I reset the password? The settings in the BIOS I need to change are locked and the message says the setup is locked-enter the admin pw into SECURITY UNLOCK SETUP to enable changes. Any advice is welcomed!

A:How to reset the BIOS admin password

This subject was briefly mentioned HERE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-reset-the-bios-admin-password.48537/
Relevancy 78.26%

Help Pls, I could'nt find the 24c.... chip on dell latitude 640m. Can somebody help me here so I can use the shorting method. Or is there any other way out? Help me to locate this chip pls.

A:Admin. password on dell latitude 640m

Admin. password on dell inspiron 640m

Pls, help needed for Admin.password (grey screen)on dell inspiron 640m. I mistakenly posted for latitude 640m earlier. I'm sorry! I actually meant that of dell inspiron 640m. I need help on how to locate the bios chip 24c...... or how to over come the grey screen with Admin. password protection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-on-dell-latitude-640m.89654/
Relevancy 79.12%

I couln,t find the 24C chip on the Dell XPS M1210 can someone help me so I can use the shorting Method. Help to locate the chip please or anybody knows the password for this laptop XPS M1210
Tag# 7X5GH1-595B

A:ADMIN PASSWORD on Dell XPS M1210

read: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic86309.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-on-dell-xps-m1210.90205/
Relevancy 77.83%

I recently bought a dell inspiron 6400 N series computer from a fellow soldier who left to return to the states. I was planning on using this computer for movie watching and to save pictures on to send to family. I went to turn it on one day after using it for a week and the computer started up to a screen that asked me for an administrator password. I did not receive this password or do not have knowledge of one that was saved. I cannot use this laptop and I was just starting to enjoy it! This was my way to have some down time away from this place. Can someone try and help me please? I tried to email rustam_ but got no reply. I tried to go to different websites but found no help. Someone please help me! I would really appreciate it.

A:Lost Admin Password in IRAQ help Dell6400 Inspiron

I'm assuming this is a windows password we're talking about here, and that you're running XP. If it is asking you for a BIOS password (black screen, white text), then you're probably screwed, unless there is a BIOS reset jumper within easy reach. If not, have fun opening the entire laptop to find it.

If it gets to windows and wants a password, try this:

grab either active password changer (http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Back-Up-and-Recovery/Active-Password-Changer.shtml)

or

Offline NT Password & Registry Editor (http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/)

Follow the instructions closely and there's a good chance one of the two will work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-admin-password-in-iraq-help-dell6400-inspiron.89021/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have an HP 4050 printer, that is a local printer on a station, and one of my other computers that prints to that printer, their tray 3 says Not Available. Can someone please tell me how I can fix that, so they can print to the 3rd tray. I know I have recently done this on another computer for a Network HP 4050 printer, but I don't remember what I did, I just kind of happened upon the fix. Thanks.

A:HP4050 shared printer, one user cannot see tray 3

If each user has access rights, have you clicked in the advanced tab under properties and made sure tray 3 IS available?
You have to do this on each users setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp4050-shared-printer-one-user-cannot-see-tray-3.87947/
Relevancy 21.07%

I am a great example of how a little learning is a dangerous thing After a disasterous Acer laptop purchase boooo I inherited a custom build Czech desktop I live abroad After dealing with a particularly nasty virus I decided to attempt a little clean-up Notice to s Don t do this For the last three days I have been researching how I managed to remove the sound from the machine My User Idiocy? Driver? of Lack - Audio Card? research shows Lack of Audio - Driver? Card? User Idiocy? that I am not alone but a hundred tech websites later and countless downloads later I am ready to eat my humble pie and admit I need professional help I run Windows Professional Aida reports I have nothing under Multimedia- gt Windows Audio PCI device is Intel BA M ICH AC Audio Controller B- My device manager insists that Windows has found new hardware and would like to update Multimedia Audio Controller but can never find any hardware to do the deed The device manager also indicates the yellow exclamation point over the controller as well as a question mark icon for the PCI device Now I know I have a sound card because I had sound before I attempted this disaster Removing the cover of the CPU yielded nothing certain I have downloaded Belarc Aida and DriverScan among others to isolate the information I need I m still clueless Now you see how dangerous I am Please stop me before I do something even worse As a night time addict to old-time radio streams this silence is killing me Sadly and soundlessly yours Lucien Holmes Hluboka nad Vltavou Czech Republic nbsp

A:Lack of Audio - Driver? Card? User Idiocy?

You don't have a sound card, you need the driver for your on-board audio.
Look here:

http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/category/10/

http://www.google.com/custom?hl=en&...udio+Controller+%28B-&btnG=Search&sitesearch=

By reading this link you may be better off buying a sound card:
http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.co...l-r-82801ba-bam-ac97-audio-controller-15.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lack-of-audio-driver-card-user-idiocy.87052/
Relevancy 79.12%

My dell d620 had its bios passwords set while I was away, either my daughter or my son are responsible, funny they both deny touching my laptop!
I bought it from ebay, and dell, well there are dell of course!

If you might be able to find some time to get my password please Thanx so much!

My service tag#6PPCPC1-595B
Express service code#14614931521

A:Dell D620 Admin/sys Password Help

Boot into Safe Mode by pressing F8 before the Windows screen appears. Go into Control Panel, User Accounts, Administrator, and remove the passwords from there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d620-admin-sys-password-help.80925/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi Rustam

I bought a Dell Inspiron 1300 laptop off a friend that was moving out of town it was a great deal after a couple of days later i lend it to my brother and he returned it with a message saying "This computer system #2ZJTN91-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password".

Service Tag: 2ZJTN91
Express Code: 6503176693

Can you help?
Thank you.
Ruben

A:Dell Inspiron 1300 admin password problem

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic68412.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1300-admin-password-problem.74199/
Relevancy 69.66%

How remove password BIOS(Admin password & canfigure setup),

A:Admin password & canfigure setup password in BIOS remouver

Turn off computer. Find the battery on the motherboard. Take it out for a couple minutes. Put it back in and restart computer. This should reset cmos and solve your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-canfigure-setup-password-in-bios-remouver.74308/
Relevancy 79.12%

I bought dell inspiron 6000 2 years ago, and I'm setup the admin bios password. Now i'm forgot the password is. Please show me how to reset the admin bios password.

Thanks all

A:Inspiron 6000 admin password

Take a look at this thread HERE.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-6000-admin-password.72047/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi,
I am new to this forum, seems to be loads of good info. I tried a search but
could not seem to find what I need. Hope you can help.

I have 4 machines all running xp, all are wireless networked, and files can be transfered etc providing the files on each machine are shared.

How can I setup 1 machine to have admin rights to the other 3, so I can use remote shut down and things like that.

Thanks for your help

Bun

A:Admin rights

you need to set up a remote desktop connection. firewalls must be configured to accept remote desktop connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-rights.64936/
Relevancy 22.36%

Here is the found connect account Windows domain cannot (2003)...computer to not back story I am at a school with a NT domain server We bought a new SP server We have two IP ranges Our old configuration had static IP address with DNS servers located at the Windows cannot connect to domain (2003)...computer account not found district that was referenced in the TCP IP properties I set up the new server with roles It has an Active Directory It is a DHCP server I have machines The DHCP has a superscope with scopes within the superscope Each scope has a range of IP address and the exceptions for the server printers et cetera It also is a DNS server that quot listens to all IP addresses quot instead of listen to the quot following IP addresses quot However on the listen to the following IP addresses I put in it s own IP address The DNS server also has forwarders to the district DNS servers The last role is as a File Share I have connected about computers just fine Everything is working good however I am now getting sporadic computers that can t log on I get this message Windows cannot connect to the domain either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable or because your computer account was not found Please try again later Click to expand The computers are still on the server If I re-add the client machine to the domain everything is fine--for now This has been happening to xp machines It has happened times now and I am worried about a continual problem or a major problem around the corner Are there any ideas on what is causing this I have read up a little bit about SID problems but I am not that literate yet I am wondering if I set something up wrong failed to set something up or if there is an entirely different reason Could it be because the computers are still on the NT directory I have not taken off the NT active directory yet or added the NT server to the server I also have an independent server for the library and a server for a special ed room and program No one at the district can help I am out of ideas I am getting really worried that I did something wrong I can t fix I am not an expert I am in the very beginning stages of my MCSA training nbsp

A:Windows cannot connect to domain (2003)...computer account not found

I would look at the network before you look at the OS, when it happens see if you can ping the server by name and IP, also look in the event viewer of the machine and see if there is anything showing up in there.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-cannot-connect-to-domain-2003-computer-account-not-found.63556/
Relevancy 21.5%

I'm in need of help!! I've been searching for a solution to this for the last 3 hours n I'm just tired now...

What I'm trying to figure out is why, when I switch user profiles, the profile I'm leaving disconnects from the internet... If anyone can help me I would GREATLY appreciate it!! I'm sure it's probably something stupidly simple but I just can't figure it out...

I am using an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection in an Inspiron E1705 using WinXP Pro w/SP2... if you need any more information I'll provide it...

Thanks for anyone's time put into this...

A:Internet Connection between 2 user profiles...

instead of loging out you can try "fast user switching" (windows + L)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-between-2-user-profiles.60240/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have recently received a Latitude D and I have tried for hours on end to make this thing work I ve researched all over the internet and have even came across some files from someone nice I even had a local computer shop take a look at it they ve Dell Latitude ADMIN D400 Password. dealt with Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password. this before and they were unsuccesful at erasing the password I showed them where the chip was exactly on the board and how to short the pins out I am Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password. asking if someone could Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password. please E-MAIL me every way and everything they know about this laptop and removing the admin password I also live in canada so I don t know if I ll be able to get a hold of an eeprom chip Also it might take awhile becuase it will most likely go through customs So please can someone email me pictures and step-by-step directions would also be appreciated Thanks You can reach me at motive murder hotmail com I also have a dell inspiron is there anything I can use off there or is there A way I can hook up the systems and bypass then erase the password from there nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password.

Reset Password

Hi

Your right in your assumption, it takes many attempts to short the chip correctly, but it can be done,

Email paragon33 at the address found on my site, he is an expert at these, you could also take a look at this site here.

Regards

(PS this thread may get moved to one of the open threads)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d400-admin-password.59201/
Relevancy 78.26%

Last night since I was having slow/non-existent connection issues, I turned off the NAT option on my Belkin wireless G router. Immediately afterwards I lost internet connection as I expected but now can't connect to the config page @ 192.168.2.1 . I tried running the setup software again and it can't communicate with the router, either. Tried hitting the reset button several times, disconnecting the router, etc. but the config page still won't load. Is there anyway to manually revert the router back to factory settings?

A:Can't connect to admin page on Belkin Router

So this is with the pc connected directly to the router via an ethernet cable?
Go to My Network Places, and on the left theres a thing that says "show all UPnP devices" or similar. Click on it, then go to your LAN settings and set your IP address to auto, or 192.168.2.3 vice versa. Plug in/turn your router back on and it should come up as a network place. From that doubleclick it and enter admin etc..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-admin-page-on-belkin-router.55043/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi This is my first post here so im not sure if this is in the right place novice user... computer Advice for Ive come to this site alot whenever ive experienced any pc difficulties and thus far it has proven to be very helpful particularly the forums Anyway onto my question First things first im a novice with pcs i dont really Advice for novice computer user... understand much about them only the very basics and selective areas of which I have a dell dimension pc which at first i thought was a pretty good computer untill i got the sims and other newer pc games then i found out that it was far from the best for playing more hardware demanding games At first i figured id just upgrade the graphics card to the best available for PCI slots but the more research i did the more obvious it became that this might not be enough and that especially given how fast the dell dim has aged it might be a wiser decision to get a new motherboard too As ive mentioned im not really pc-savvy and some of this stuff will be way over my head So if anybody could give me in lamans terms any advice on what to do i want to definitly upgrade my pcs graphics card also anybody know a good PCI slot graphics card to use with games such as the sims but im sure about upgrading my motherboard Any help or suggestions on the matter would be really appreciated nbsp

A:Advice for novice computer user...

if you are wanting to play graphically demanding games a PCI video card is a waste of money. If you decide to upgrade your going to need a new mobo AND a copy of Windows XP. your dell disk will not install windows on a non dell mobo.

download and run SIW it will tell you what MOtherboard, ram, and video card you presently have. list it here and we can assist you in what your best options are.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/gtopala/Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-for-novice-computer-user.53097/
Relevancy 45.15%

i need to get into the administrator account on this laptop.

i barely know any information about this computer.
i am on a limited account.

it is a dell inspiron 1100.
& i am using windows xp pro.

obviously, i need to get the password for the administrator account.

i would really apprececiate some help on this matter.
please & thanks.

A:I need into my administrator user account but don't have the password.

Ask the administrator.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-into-my-administrator-user-account-but-dont-have-the-password.52618/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have setup my computer (WinXP Home) to have two user accounts. I've noticed that often (maybe always) whichever account is initially logged into when the computer is first booted up seems to be the only account from which the CD or DVD drives can be accessed. What can I do to correct this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-only-access-cd-drive-from-account-that-was-initially-logged-into.48724/
Relevancy 77.83%

I have an older HP900 laptop which is a nice size to take in our motor home. However, it overheats after running for about 15 minutes. I understand there is a bios update that turns the cooling fan on sooner but I can't get into the bios because of password protection. Any ideas on how to crack the password or any pins to short to reset it?

The laptop will run fine if I rais it off the table and have a fan blowing on it from behind. Cooling fan in laptop runs, but it only comes on shortly before a shutdown if I am not running an additional fan blowing under it.

thanks for any ideas or help

Woodie

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp900-laptop-overheating-and-admin-bios-password.48397/
Relevancy 81.27%

is there a way to find out the admins password on a network.

A:admin password

Yes. Ask the admin using e-mail for example

No one will be able to give a sensible answer to such a vague question.

And no, no one is going to tell you how to steal peoples passwords and do other illegal or unethical stuff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password.47944/
Relevancy 79.12%

Ok firstly I should mention that one solution to this problem would be to plug the HD into my machine and use fsutil to reset the dirty flag However and pwd set unbootable to No dirty Need xp - flag admin I m a stubborn person and know that there must be a way of doing this easily without taking my machine to bits If I do it in what is for this occasion the hard way I will be able to save a little time in the future should the situation arise again I ve been asked to fix an unbootable computer I had intended to boot into the recovery console to issue chkdsk r fixboot and fixmbr commands Unfortunately I the admin password for the installation isn t available it s been forgotten rolleyes and so I can t log into it I used the offline NT password amp registry editor utility but because the drive is flagged dirty improper shutdown no doubt It won t change or blank the password So I got out my trusty NTFS DOS CD and booted into DOS taking a copy of FSUTIL with me which as expected doesn t work under DOS Hoping that the password was something simple ish I grabbed a copy of the SAM and Systemf files from system config and tried cracking the administrator password It seems that the password is at least characters and so will take an age to crack This leaves me with the option of resetting the dirty bit on the volume so that I can reset the admin password to blank boot into the recovery console and repair windows but I see no fsutil equivelant for DOS probably because NTFS was never meant Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable for DOS lol It occurs to me though that there must be some utility or other that ll do it or failing that various linux flavours Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable have NTFS support and should be able to do it - or possibly some sort of live recovery cd for windows Any ideas anybody All this for the sake of a single BIT of info on the hard drive A simple or It s outrageous lol nbsp Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable

A:Need to set dirty flag - No admin pwd and xp unbootable

Auditor Security cd from remote-exploit.org is what you need my friend very handy for cracking admin passwords. just boot to it and you are gold. don't know if you are familiar with this collection cd and if not they have the instruction pdf on the site for download as well. it will crack a 8 letter and asterick password in probably ten to twenty minutes..my admin pass is 15 unprintables and asterick characters and it cracked it with the incremental option on the sam file. took alot longer than it should for your current issue..just an idea mate

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-set-dirty-flag-no-admin-pwd-and-xp-unbootable.47274/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi All,

how does one go about setting the storage capacity limit allocations for several individual users on an external USB (250GB) HD that can be accesss through a network?

Regards

PFJ

A:How to set multiple user storage capacity limits on ext USB HD?

Is this connected to a server or just a standalone NAS device?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-set-multiple-user-storage-capacity-limits-on-ext-usb-hd.42841/
Relevancy 21.5%

Needing help on figuring out how to use my Creative PC-CAM 350. Any help given would be great. Thanks...

A:User guide info needed....

Any more infomation? Just want to use it? Give up some more details about what has been attempted and what has failed. What are your system specs?
Generally too much information is still not enough

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-guide-info-needed.37219/
Relevancy 21.07%

Would someone reccomend a reasonably cheap water cooling system that would also connect to my graphics card aswell as my cpu.

I dont know much and have never used water cooling before, dont get me wrong i know a lot about pc's but i have never really looked at water cooling.

The only requirements i have are:

1. Its pretty much silent

2. Its compatible with my VGA and CPU

Cpu = 3400+ Amd64 (754 SKT)

Vga = Gainward 6800GT 2ns

Any help would be billiant, and any advice as im new to water cooling.

Cheers,

Alex

A:Water cooling advice, fist time user...

i personally don't know much about water cooling but a good place for info is www.procooling.com... check it out..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/water-cooling-advice-fist-time-user.36199/
Relevancy 21.93%

I just got a 250gb SATA maxtor maxline III. I know with SATA you have to put drivers on a floppy and install them when you go to install windows, i could not find any drivers for the hard drive and i was wondering if i have to get the driver for the MoBo's raid chip instead?

A:First Time SATA100 user

You do not have to have drivers for the HDD but the actual SATA chipset that is on your motherboard.

you should have gotten a floppy disk with your motherboard that had the drivers on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-sata100-user.34192/
Relevancy 45.15%

I've tried deleting all other accounts, other than my own, and making all new ones and I still cannot get the internet to work on any of the other accounts. I don't know whether the DNS isn't working right or what? I am using XP and could use and appreciate any help i could get. Thanks, Jeremy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-only-works-with-one-xp-user-account.27270/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello This may be a bit dumb but i m gonna ask anyway seeing as i dont know what to do next I ve noticed over the last week or so my Wireless Router is being hijacked by another wireless user somewhere nearby thus by User.. Wireless Router being Hijacked other rendering my use of the net inoperative via the logon here in HK we have a logon method until i physically pull the plug It doesn t happen while connected but only if im not on it Looking at other threads i cant seem to find the solution to blocking the other users from my router Linksys I have seen something about MAC numbers but Wireless Router being Hijacked by other User.. is there something im missing here which can prevent these others from grabbing my router I also note that when i unplug my Router to clear the connections i get a message saying there are other networks available one was another Linksys and a com so clearly i am picking up Other s routers as well Im using Firewalls etc but that is clearly not the problem it s how to stop Wireless Router being Hijacked by other User.. others grabbing my router Any suggestions would be helpful Wireless Router being Hijacked by other User.. as this is not exactly the best of situations at present Regards Steve nbsp

A:Wireless Router being Hijacked by other User..

if your router is in proximity with others outside your home someone could very well be tapping into your wireless network(they might not even realize it). do you have wep or wpa security in place? an option to further protect your network is to set up a mac address filtering scheme, providing the router with the mac addresses of all the computers you want to be allowed access.

looking at your dhcp clients table will list the computers connected to your router, btw.

also change that router password, if not done so already.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-router-being-hijacked-by-other-user.24381/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello All Here is a message from Sweden I have recently received my ADSL modem an Alcatel Speedtouch and have set-it up ok I am surfing from it at the moment I have been trying all weekend to set-up a D-Link router so I can surf wireless through my MAC s airport but have had no luck whatsoever I have enabled both the MAC and the router to receive DHCP automatically but the only IP address my router receives is the address I have powered down the router and disconnected the modem waited mins on Help a PC a for MAC user site??? and then started-up Help for a MAC user on a PC site??? the modem connected to the router and then connected the MAC but still nothing I am currently trying a reverse Help for a MAC user on a PC site??? polarity cable between the modem and the router Help for a MAC user on a PC site??? but the same story just the address Customer service from my IP Glocalnet and from D-Link here in Sweden is awful and I have received no help Is there someone out there who can shed some light and help me solve this problem I would be very grateful and you will help stop my hair going grey Thanks Yossaria nbsp

A:Help for a MAC user on a PC site???

Your router has two IP addresses, local and WAN. Local address of 192.168.0.1 is the typical factory default and it is quite normal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-for-a-mac-user-on-a-pc-site.23057/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello,

I just picked up an IBM P202 Monitor to connect with my father's PC 300PL.

The monitor has 2 video input connections on the rear. It seems that I'm in need of the IBM User Guide for this unit via the FTP site, but I've been unable to locate it. IBM support merely lists FRU parts.

IBM 21" Monitor P202 P/N 655843N

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Reacher

A:Need link to IBM P202 Monitor User guide

Got it now, disregard post

finally found it,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-link-to-ibm-p202-monitor-user-guide.23069/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello--I have been having trouble with running my protools 002 on my windows xp. A friend of mine metioned setting up 2 separate user accounts one for Protools---the other for everything else. The plan is to strip down---"tune" (uninstall any unnessesary programs from the protools account, in hopes to help it run smoother--The problem is...When I uninstall programs in the control panel,
it uninstalls it from both user accounts. Is there a way to run each user account separately? Please help!!
Thank you for your time!!
[email protected]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/devoting-and-tuning-one-user-account-specifically-for-protools.22536/
Relevancy 21.5%

Dear all:
My best friend just had his car broken in, and his laptop was stolen. Now that thief uses his laptop to go on internet, and my friend's AIM and MSN automatically logs on.

My question is, is there a way to trace the connection from MSN or AIM based on IP address? Is it peer to peer? Anyone? Please help...

thanks...

A:Is MSN or AIM chatting messenger user IP traceable??????

It is peer to peer if you do file transfers, voice and video chats. Otherwise the IP is untraceable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-msn-or-aim-chatting-messenger-user-ip-traceable.21799/
Relevancy 21.93%

I just purchased a 6800 GT from PNY i was wondering how they are as a manufacturer and if anyone had any issues with them. If anyone has a video card preferrebly 6800GT from PNY i would like to get your review on it. THanks for your time.

A:User review PNY 6800GT

damn no one in this forum has ever had a PNY graphics card, I am begining to think that manufacturer is garbage

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-review-pny-6800gt.20546/
Relevancy 79.12%

i just found a tip too review the lastest errors that my computer has encountered............ in dealing with all the mess that i've had troubles.... e.g. http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10796 (mo money(psu)......... mo problems)

anyways... i have about 5 thousand system and application records in the event viewer......... everything from service control manager to save dump to DCOM and workstation errors.......................................................................................................all of which i'm clueless

is that many errors normal...........

oh and they all range within a few days.......... usually only mere seconds apart

A:admin tools/ event viewer???

Fortunately, not all errors in the Event Viewer (EV) are real problems. Actually, many are not problems at all. You can adjust the size of the records that are being held in the EV by right-clicking either Application, Security or System and selecting Properties. You can set the size of each file to keep or clear.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-tools-event-viewer.10854/
Relevancy 21.07%

Ok guys this ones a biggie My network the one im looking after today anyway runs Windows Server and has Windows workstations I cannot share resources on the My user Pcs server Windows from cant win2k lists 98 retrieve Windows Pcs because it asks for me to select users to be able to access then comes up with the dialog quot You cannot view the list of users at this time Please try again later quot This happens both when I try to share the Printer or Drive on the local PC or when i try to access the drives or printer from the network Apparently quot This behavior occurs because the Windows -based server returns incomplete information about the number of user and group accounts quot This knowledgebase article has information about it but seems to want me to spend money getting the information from Microsoft Any ideas would be much appreciated Microsoft Support Page ps surely if Windows returns incomplete information thats a product flaw and i should be able to receive the information under the trading standards laws or something like that nbsp

A:My Windows 98 Pcs cant retrieve user lists from win2k server

This problem is supposedly solved from SP2 onwards
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;268896

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-windows-98-pcs-cant-retrieve-user-lists-from-win2k-server.9119/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello everyone !
I'm using win98se,Nero 5.5.My Cd-Rom just started to fail burning CDs.The message is'end of user area encountered on this track';this happens with any type of burning:audio or data.I've tried to burn different files&programs...same result.Is anyone so nice to give me a good advice?I've used the above devices for almost 1year without problems.The Cd burner is a Norcent 52x24x52;I used to burn at 4-12x/slowly,I mean/.What shall I do?
Thank you for your kindness

A:end of user area encountered on this track

It could be that your drive is wearing out. Cheap, low-quality drives just don't last long (although I don't know about Norcent's quality). What I'd do is that I'd open the drive, clean the laser lens and add a drop of grease to the axles.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/end-of-user-area-encountered-on-this-track.8675/
Relevancy 21.07%

As was suggested a long time ago I have finally gotten to writing the promised review for my HDD This is my first time reviewing anything like this or anything for that matter rolleyes Anyway I hope you like it Western Digital has been making hard drives for a while now They have always been known for their excellent build quality and superior performance But currently WD makes some of the best hard drives on the market I personally favor them as this is my nd Western Digital and after years the st WD a GB Caviar is working wonderfully Although hard drive reliability is purely subjective everyone has their own experiences on the matter There is no best hard drive manufacturer IMHO but WD currently has the fastest drives out Another factor to consider is that this drive is ATA Since ATA offers no real performance increase as no drive today can give out that speed Western Digital just decided to keep it ATA The drive came packaged in a pretty Western Edition 120GB User Digital HDD Special Review: colorful WD standard box with two big stickers announcing it to be GB and w an MB cache The drive was packaged well with an anti-static bag and bracers to each side of the drive WD also has the good sense to package in an IDE cable mounting screws a manual a quick setup poster and WD s own proprietary Data Lifeguard software Setting itself apart from the fodder the WD JB has an MB cache aside from the regular MB The standard WD BB has only a User Review: Western Digital Special Edition 120GB HDD MB cache Because of this the SE is pretty much the fastest single IDE drive on the market today And at capacities ranging all the way from GB to GB it s also quite roomy In order to allow for more protection to the sensitive controller card Western Digital has also inverted the chip found underneath the drive and placing some soft foam padding in between the bottom and the top of the controller card A sign of true great build quality Western Digital has also claimed the Special Edition series of drives can handle up to G s of non-operating shock and G s of operating shock for ms Although I wouldn t want to test this if I were you For the basics here are some of the manufacturer-supplied specifications of this drive Rotational Speed RPM nominal Buffer Size MB Buffer To Disk Mbits s Max Read Seek Time Average ms Write Seek Time Average ms average Track-To-Track Seek Time ms average Full Stroke Seek ms average Average Latency ms nominal Mode Ultra ATA MB s Mode Ultra ATA MB s Mode Ultra ATA MB s Mode PIO MB s Mode multi-word DMA MB s Cylinders Number of Heads Logical Number of Heads Physical Sectors Per Track Formatted Capacity MB Interface EIDE Actuator Type Rotary Voice Coil Number of Platters Bytes Per Sector User Sectors Per Drive Servo Type Embedded Height English Inches Max Length English Inches Max Width English Inches - inch Weight English Pounds - pounds Operating Shock Read G ms Non-operating Shock G ms Idle Mode dBA average Seek Mode dBA average Seek Mode dBA average Now about partitioning strategies I loosely followed Radified s Partitioning Strategies with the following configuration C Windows XP GB FAT D Swap XP GB FAT E Games GB FAT F Music GB FAT G Free GB FAT K Junk GB NTFS For the nd HDD J Alternative OS GB L Swap GB Now for the benchmarks The testing platform is as showed Athlon XP ASUS A V x MB PC DDR-SDRAM ATi Radeon Pro Sound Blaster Audigy MP Western Digital Special Edition RPM GB HDD Western Digital Caviar RPM GB HDD Seagate Barracuda RPM GB HDD Windows XP Home PCMark Free Build Higher is better HDD Score That s the highest score I ve ever seen for a single drive SiSoftware Sandra Standard Test file size MB Higher is better Drive Index score kbps C - Buffered Read MB s Sequential Read MB s Random Read MB s Buffered Write MB s Sequential Write MB s Random Write MB s Average Access Time ms estimated D - Buffered Read MB s Sequential Read MB s Random Read MB s Buffered Write MB s Sequential Write MB s Random Write MB s Average ... Read more

A:User Review: Western Digital Special Edition 120GB HDD

Excellent Vehementi...

I too have one of these 8mb Cache drives, and am happy with its performance.

Psst - the pictures in the review don't show up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-review-western-digital-special-edition-120gb-hdd.3407/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have a P computer with a GeForce MX MX video card Audio Driver account. No only with Sound one Creative PCI ES I reinstalled my real version of XP Pro due to some not sound related hangups and space problems on that the D drive which was a cleanly formatted install The No Sound with only one account. C drive reinstallation not clean has worked fine with all the previous programs reinstalled however I get no sound neither quot Windows quot generated nor media played in the main account but have no problems in any of the other accounts on this same system Device manager reveals no conflicts anywhere let alone in Sound and video controller settings The programs reinstalled are I believe all the same that were there before and caused no such problems Is there some way of isolating this problem or migrating the other account settings to the main quot me quot account who is the administrator loosely applied term in my case Many thanks im adsvance as MS KB has nothing I can find or understand to help me Regards Jimo nbsp

A:No Sound with only one account.

If only one account cannot hear the sound, log on as another user with administrative rights, and then delete the profile of the effected account.

Right click "My Computer" and select properties for the user accounts tab.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-with-only-one-account.4496/
Relevancy 21.5%

I'm updating the Soundcard guide at the moment & it would be great if anyone using the latest WDM driver (Or the latest BETA from Turtle Beach or Philips) with the Live! or Acoustic Edge could check the images of their Control Panels against the ones currently in the guide http://3dspotlight.com/tweaks/soundcard/print.shtml
If the newer Drivers contain updated control panels could you please email a screenshot of the ful control applet. Preferably 24-bit Bitmap in zip/rar format. You can take screenshots by clicking on the control panel & pressing ALT+PRINT SCREEN. Paste that into MS Paint then.

Thanks guys.

A:Acoustic Edge 5.1 & Live! user help needed

I have the Videologic Sonic Fury - it ran fine under WinME (identical to the driver in your article), but the driver choked and died when I installed XP a month or so ago. After a lot of hair pulling and gnashing of teeth I installed the Santa Cruz drivers (21 Mb on a dialup!) version 5.12.1.4142 and have been happy ever since. The only difference I've spotted is that the hardware mp3 acceleration option is gone, but that's irrelevant anyway.

Needless to say Videologic upgraded their drivers to be XP-friendly about 3 days later. :rolleyes:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acoustic-edge-5-1-live-user-help-needed.1018/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi i have MSI KT266 Pro RU and XP1600, just want to know did u guys unlock it? Mine is unlock and i can run XP1900 at default voltage! Haven't tried to the max yet!

Pls let me know what mtb u use and what temp and hsf u have?
Coz newbie so want to learn fr u guys!

Oh my temp idel is about 42/43 in no aircon room
Full Load - dunno what software to use, may be someone can show me the link, so i can get it!

Cheers!

A:All proud AMD XP user pls come in!

My old setup was an ASUS A7V266 w/ an XP1900+.
Had this cheap-o Vantec heatsink that came with my combo.
I once clocked it up to 3048 MHz. If you want a screenshot of dxdiag I can post it later.
Of course, I didn't leave it on that high. It was running at 59C idle. :dead:
I regularly left it on 1800 something. ran at 49C idle.
What's the exact clock speed? just 133x12? Try boosting thr SB.
That's a pretty good temp you're running. What kind of case cooling and HSF do you have goin?

:wave: Welcome to 3DSpotlight! :wave:
Hope you stick around.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-proud-amd-xp-user-pls-come-in.362/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi, quick question about a entry definer/prefix that I've not seen in HJT before. Firstly I've been using HJT for about 4 years and have basic understanding of the each section of a entry means now. But I have to be honest I've never seen a User defined as '?' before, usually it's something like "local service" or "network service". So does anyone know that it means when HJT shows user as (User '?') at the end of a entry line ?

Thank you.

A:Hijackthis (User '?')

HJT is an extremely outdated tool and it's not used anymore to detect computer issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hijackthis-user.202890/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a US iTunes account that has been disabled. Is there anyway I can reactivate it with having to contact Apple?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reactivating-a-overseas-disabled-itunes-account.202732/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello I have a friend who used his computer yesterday and today when he attempted to logon to his computer as himself (admin) it tells him "user profile cannot be loaded". I attempted to help him boot into safe mode and change his password. He changed it and it still brings up the same error message. He does have another profile account that his daughter uses but no admin actions can be taken from her account. What can I do to help my friend? This is a challenge I have never encountered during my learning of how to troubleshoot pc's.

A:Can't logon to admin windows vista profile

Ouch. Sounds like a corrupted %USERPROFILE% and the fix requires the Admin-Id.

Have you tried running a System Restore? I will prompt for the admin password.
Issue is, not entirely sure the user's profiles are saved in the restore points.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-logon-to-admin-windows-vista-profile.216968/