Windows Support Forum

Which Win7 would you recommend?

Q: Which Win7 would you recommend?

I am upgrading from XP 32 bit because it cannot read that other 4g ram I have in there. And I was wondering which one would you recommend I upgrade to? I usually use my comp to play games like LoL and Dota2 some MMORPG and to watch movies.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Which Win7 would you recommend?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 22.36%

SO close Help me get this ball across the goal line I have a old quot Microtek ScanMaker E quot scsi flatbed scanner that originally came with an ISA scsi interface to give you some idea of how old it is I connected it to my PC using a equally ancient Tekram F pci SCSI card c 64bit my got scanner Almost w/Win7 old working that I ve been using with bit WinXP Pro for years The scanner has an - quot x quot scanning bed dpi and bit color reproduction It works great and I see no reason to spend a few hundred dollars to replace it just for Win compatibility so I m trying to get it to work with the bit Almost got my old scanner working w/Win7 64bit version of Windows To complicate things the company that made my SCSI card Tekram went out of business years ago so the bit XP driver was the last they made But after MUCH Googling I found a bit Win compatible driver for another card using the same chipset and low amp behold Windows recognized it It then quot detected quot my scanner for the first time but didn t have a driver Again after much searching I found a Vista bit version of Microtek s quot ScanWizard quot scanner software with bit driver and now bit Windows detects my scanner Yeah But when I try to access the scanner I get an error telling me I quot must install Color Matching System first quot for the scanner to work I don t remember any such software being needed to use the scanner with XP and there is no such program in the ScanWizard software I just installed searching online suggests I will also need to run an quot ICC Color Profiler quot Anyone have any ideas So close yet so far I love doing things I was told were quot impossible quot Help nbsp

A:Almost got my old scanner working w/Win7 64bit

That Microtek ScanMaker E3 scsi flatbed scanner ... didn't even work well with Windows XP... and the cost in time and components to attempt to make it work are much higher than a decent Canon or Epson scanner which can be had fof $40... Less if used...

On what system are you runny SCSI ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/almost-got-my-old-scanner-working-w-win7-64bit.157055/
Relevancy 33.11%

I am looking for a new USB flash drive with all of the following features:

Metal case or very hard plastic. Not rubberized.
USB 3.0 with R/W speeds of at least 50MB/s
No cap, swivel cap or removable protective casing.
At least 16GB or more.

I still have SanDisk Cruzer Micro Titanium. I am looking for something similar in size and features, but faster with bigger capacity.

Any ideas? Thanks

A:Recommend a good USB 3.0 Flash Drive

I bought the Mushkin Enhanced Atom 64GB USB Flash Drive. The write speeds are a bit slower than I wanted at 20MB, but read speeds are above 100MB. I can't complain though as the drive performs as advertised. And for what I want it works perfectly. The casing is hard plastic not rubberized. I know you said no cap, I had that rule as well but grew tired of trying to sort through the available options. Anyway I wanted to pass the word on the recorded speed for my purchase. My last purchase was years ago for a 16GB Cruzer Micro like the one you have.

Here are the benchmarks for my flash drive.

Code:
Starting benchmark.
Bechmarking H:(070B51D3EFFD0114)
Started at 3/27/2015 7:46:25 PM
Filename: H:\test.tmp
Starting large file benchmark. With 100MB file.
16384k:6 Write Speed:30.01MB/s
16384k:6 Write Speed:12.35MB/s
16384k:6 Write Speed:12.21MB/s
16384k:6 Average Write Speed:15.29MB/s
16384k:6 Read Speed:120.24MB/s
16384k:6 Read Speed:119.94MB/s
16384k:6 Read Speed:120.17MB/s
16384k:6 Average Read Speed:120.11MB/s
8192k:12 Write Speed:15.81MB/s
8192k:12 Write Speed:11.34MB/s
8192k:12 Write Speed:11.79MB/s
8192k:12 Average Write Speed:12.70MB/s
8192k:12 Read Speed:120.74MB/s
8192k:12 Read Speed:121.35MB/s
8192k:12 Read Speed:121.55MB/s
8192k:12 Average Read Speed:121.21MB/s
4096k:25 Write Speed:12.96MB/s
4096k:25 Write Speed:15.06MB/s
4096k:25 Write Speed:12.31MB/s
4096k:25 Average Write Speed:13.34MB/s
4096k:25 Read Speed:119.21MB/s
4096k:25 Read Speed:118.23MB/s
4096k:25 Read Speed:119.46MB/s
4096k:25 Average Read Speed:118.97MB/s
2048k:50 Write Speed:13.38MB/s
2048k:50 Write Speed:8.91MB/s
2048k:50 Write Speed:8.88MB/s
2048k:50 Average Write Speed:10.01MB/s
2048k:50 Read Speed:111.43MB/s
2048k:50 Read Speed:110.82MB/s
2048k:50 Read Speed:111.68MB/s
2048k:50 Average Read Speed:111.31MB/s
1024k:100 Write Speed:10.32MB/s
1024k:100 Write Speed:12.79MB/s
1024k:100 Write Speed:15.42MB/s
1024k:100 Average Write Speed:12.50MB/s
1024k:100 Read Speed:116.58MB/s
1024k:100 Read Speed:113.60MB/s
1024k:100 Read Speed:116.50MB/s
1024k:100 Average Read Speed:115.54MB/s
512k:200 Write Speed:11.92MB/s
512k:200 Write Speed:14.19MB/s
512k:200 Write Speed:14.09MB/s
512k:200 Average Write Speed:13.31MB/s
512k:200 Read Speed:120.32MB/s
512k:200 Read Speed:119.08MB/s
512k:200 Read Speed:120.05MB/s
512k:200 Average Read Speed:119.82MB/s
Deleting file.
Starting small file benchmark. With 10MB file.
256k:40 Write Speed:8.28MB/s
256k:40 Write Speed:11.13MB/s
256k:40 Write Speed:7.81MB/s
256k:40 Average Write Speed:8.86MB/s
256k:40 Read Speed:94.47MB/s
256k:40 Read Speed:95.36MB/s
256k:40 Read Speed:94.49MB/s
256k:40 Average Read Speed:94.77MB/s
128k:80 Write Speed:6.15MB/s
128k:80 Write Speed:13.09MB/s
128k:80 Write Speed:4.10MB/s
128k:80 Average Write Speed:6.21MB/s
128k:80 Read Speed:91.57MB/s
128k:80 Read Speed:92.04MB/s
128k:80 Read Speed:93.11MB/s
128k:80 Average Read Speed:92.23MB/s
64k:160 Write Speed:8.12MB/s
64k:160 Write Speed:11.53MB/s
64k:160 Write Speed:11.81MB/s
64k:160 Average Write Speed:10.19MB/s
64k:160 Read Speed:87.04MB/s
64k:160 Read Speed:89.33MB/s
64k:160 Read Speed:86.33MB/s
64k:160 Average Read Speed:87.55MB/s
32k:320 Write Speed:1.87MB/s
32k:320 Write Speed:11.50MB/s
32k:320 Write Speed:9.33MB/s
32k:320 Average Write Speed:4.11MB/s
32k:320 Read Speed:31.22MB/s
32k:320 Read Speed:30.31MB/s
32k:320 Read Speed:31.01MB/s
32k:320 Average Read Speed:30.84MB/s
Deleting file.
Starting tiny file benchmark. With 1MB file.
16k:320 Write Speed:1.69MB/s
16k:320 Write Speed:8.21MB/s
16k:320 Write Speed:7.90MB/s
16k:320 Average Write Speed:3.57MB/s
16k:320 Read Speed:28.70MB/s
16k:320 Read Speed:29.28MB/s
16k:320 Read Speed:28.30MB/s
16k:320 Average Read Speed:28.76MB/s
8k:640 Write Speed:4.43MB/s
8k:640 Write Speed:5.20MB/s
8k:640 Write Speed:5.06MB/s
8k:640 Average Write Speed:4.87MB/s
8k:640 Read Speed:24.73MB/s
8k:640 Read Speed:25.06MB/s
8k:640 Read Speed:24.82MB/s
8k:640 Average Read Speed:24.87MB/s
4k:1280 Write Speed:2.83M... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-a-good-usb-3-0-flash-drive.210791/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi,

Can someone please recommend me a colour laser printer for home use? Resolution should be at least 1200 x 1200 dpi. The option to print both sides of the paper would be nice. Multiple paper trays not necessary, nor anything else that will add unnecessary bulk to its size. There should also be connection for Ethernet and USB. Preferable that it uses separate toner cartridges for the different colours, so if one colour runs out then only that colour needs changing rather than the whole lot.

Thanks.

A:Recommend me a laser colour printer please

You realize these are very expensive to both purchase and on a cost/page.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-me-a-laser-colour-printer-please.207641/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all Apologies in advance for such a long post I headaches + installation = hardware New Win7 don t know if I just have a corrupt New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches Windows Ultimate installation or what but this all started three weeks ago or so after installing new hardware specifically New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches motherboard Asus A M-A New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches processor AMD A K and RAM Kingston HyperX GB DDR Since I had the extra RAM slot I also put in one of the Aeneon XTune GB DDR I have from before the upgrade The sticker on it says it s but it shows up in BIOS POST as Since then I ve had the following problems Internet Unable to establish any connection at all when using the ethernet cable plugged into my Cisco Linksys EA Router I can connect wirelessly but that connection is lousy and I m not sure why especially since the router is only about feet from the computer To be fair the lousy wireless connection is something I was dealing with since before the hardware upgrade Windows reinstall which is why I finally gave up and bought a ethernet cable the computer used to be in a different room though on the same floor of the house The problem with being unable to get any type of connection when plugged in started after reinstalling Windows and then doing something like updates and then moving the PC to the new spot I made a point of moving the tower myself just so that I could be sure nothing happened to it so I know there was no physical damage done because of dropping or otherwise banging it around at all I ve checked the ethernet cable that runs from the modem to the router as well as the one and neither of them appear to be damaged at all I ve also tried plugging the one into all of the ports on the back of the router in the event that one of them just bit the dust somehow but nothing changed Any thoughts on how I can either get my wired connection working again or what might be making the wireless connection so horrible For clarification on quot horrible quot I m not talking dial-up speeds but some sites either load slowly or not at all sites that load up just fine on every other device in the house - specifically cell phones and iPod an Xbox a Wii and a laptop My connection to Battle net for playing WoW Starcraft II Diablo III is also pretty lag-tastic My NIC is an onboard Realtek GR PCIe Gigabit LAN controller according to the motherboard manual In terms of anything that may be interfering with the wireless signal there s a metal support post and a metal I-beam a few feet from where the router currently sits though it was previously or so feet from both Other than being in close proximity to those the room is wide open I was told that water can interfere with a wireless signal and we do have a lot of ground water under around the house can anyone verify whether ground water can degrade the signal so much over such a relatively small space Hard drive partition issues Until the upgrade when the computer just wouldn t boot presumably because Windows couldn t handle dealing with such big hardware changes all at once I had Windows installed on a partition on a TB Western Digital drive Since I had to reinstall anyway I installed Windows to a partition on a smaller but faster TB Seagate drive Up until this afternoon when I installed Seagate Discwizard one of the partitions on the big drive was inaccessible showing up in disk management and a couple of rd-party hard drive utility partitioning programs as simply quot unallocated space quot Since this afternoon though that partition is now showing up as a completely separate hard drive in disk management AND as quot unallocated space quot on the drive it s actually a part of I m a little leery of just leaving things as they are and using that partition since it s showing up different ways Discwizard only shows that partition as a separate drive there is no quot unallocated space quot showing on the TB drive Is this something I sh... Read more

A:New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches

Update: Wired connection issue is fixed. I have to (sheepishly) admit that I completely forgot to install the router via the CD that came with it. The lousy wireless performance is still a problem, though, as well as the hard drive/partition issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hardware-win7-installation-headaches.206345/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi,

if anyone can help ill be really thankful.
pc 1, 2 runnging win7 ultimate x64

1 adsl modem, 1 tp-link router, 2 computers (pc1, pc2).

ADSL(modem) - LAN1 - PC1 , LAN2 - Tp-link
Tp-link - LAN1 - PC2, WAN - ADSL(modem)

Everything is working, but computers cant see each other in HomeGroup.
Tried various methods but nothing work.

So my question is how to set HomeGroup for those 2 computers. Any suggestions?
Thank you

A:Win7 Homegroup problem

@Moirax . I can't answer your question, but your mention of Homegroup makes me ask what is it for? To avoid hijacking this thread,I'll PM you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-homegroup-problem.206524/
Relevancy 22.79%

I finally bit the bullet and upgraded yesterday Before installing the new OS I installed g of ram gb sticks Got thru all the installation BS my goodness Microsoft eats up a from Upgraded XP to Win7 lot to memory with all those updates Any way I was checking out the specs on my systems on the My Computer page and it only shows that I have g of Ram The other problem is I have a gb but it s only showing that I have gb total I know you want my system info so I ll do Upgraded from XP to Win7 the best I can AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor Ghz bit I m going to check out my memory sticks Maybe one of them isn t seated properly I have them side by side as it was shown in my MB book but was wondering if I should skip a slot Also is there something I need to do about my drivers I m really worried about my HD space I know before the guy who built my system had a partition put in That got wiped out when I tried to to a repair on my Windows XP and had to do a clean install When I got the system back up and running it showed all my HD space now I m barely showing a third of the space that should be there I m really at a lost nbsp

A:Upgraded from XP to Win7

Well since no one is answering, I'll get you up to date. I found my lost HD memory and got it all back, so I'm at full capacity there. As for my sticks of RAM, I just don't know. I removed one, but the system wouldn't boot. Then I put the other one in and the system still wouldn't boot. So I put them both back in and the system booted right up. I'm getting the feeling that I bought 2 2gb or ram and ended up with 2 1gb sticks. Also, I thought the system was suppose to recognize when you put new ram in. Mine didn't.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-from-xp-to-win7.203160/
Relevancy 22.36%

I bought a Samsung 840 SSD (120GB) for my gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 motherboard. I am unable to install win 7 64bit on it. It is a SATA SSD.

I have tried ACHD mode in the BIOS, I have tried IDE mode. The drive works as I have tested it as an external drive on other computers.

I bought the drive specifically to be used as a primary drive.

My regular hard drives work fine on the motherboard.

A:Unable to install SSD on Win7 x64 system

Well, first of all, your motherboard only supports 3GB/s and the 840 is a 6GB/s drive. Just by that you won't really get your moneys worth. And how so are you unable to install? Also can you please list your system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-ssd-on-win7-x64-system.190141/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi All Right problem As stated above my laptop does not recognize my external The drive spins up inside the enclosure the power led lights up but it does not show I have been a Field Support Engineer Tier III for many years and following that a Technical Analyst all within the IT field and this one on not hdd recognize Win7 does external Compaq6710b has me totally STUMPED Steps followed Checked Win7 on Compaq6710b does not recognize external hdd Compmgmt - gt DrvMgmt drive does not show same as DevMgmt msc - gt Drvmgmt Went into CMD prompt - gt Diskpart - gt list disk only picks up my primary internal I e disk I have moved the hdd from one USB port to another - still no difference I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting it multiple times - no avail Tried rebooting - no avail Tried rebooting both with without the external connected - no change Connected the external to multiple other machines - it picks up on every single one of them Run RSOP machine is on a domain but there are as confirmed by domain admins no restriction policies in place seeing that my other smaller in capacity flash drives all pick up and show Ran a full malware scan - clean with the following in turn not at the same time also not installed simultaneously MBAM MSSE AVAST ESET - All came back clean Ran CCleaner getting desperate now and after all cleaning and clearing etc sorted rebooted machine - still no change Checked if the drive shows in BIOS upon restart - it does Just to slam dunk point above - checked if the drive shows as a possible boot media upon reboot - it does Only thing left to do is to try any Linux Unix based boot GUIs to see if it shows in thee as wel apps in the line of Knoppix to name but one Oh yeah also accessed the Advanced Properties af all the available USB Root Hubs and ensured that the computer is not allowed to turn off these devices in order to save power I have also downloaded EVERY POSSIBLE LATEST DRIVER from HP s site so everything THERE is up to date all drivers and firmwares up to date Flashed the CMOS Updated the BIOS as well If I connect any of my flash drives or any other mobile device tablet phone usb modem with micro sd card installed configured as storage to the laptop they all get recognized and are accessible but NOT my external even though every single other machine I have connected it to picks it up As per all my points above please do not suggest the following A Use of various or random drive checking tools - they won t work as the O S does not recognize the drive B Right click quot My Computer quot anything starting with that will be a waste as I have already gone through all those steps by means of accessing all relevant interfaces via cmd line interface - I cannot see the drive so I can also NOT change it s drive letter just read another post on another forum where the OP requests assistance as he cannot access his drive at all kind of similar to my scenario and the suggestions on there drove me out the walls - people missing obvious things and making suggestions which would be declared useless by using some common sense I am going to try and upload prt shots of both diskpart cmd result and compmgmt msc results okay failure with bmp jpg and png HA loaded successfully Any assistance would be appreciated Oh yeah it is a USB powered quot external hdd not the quot type which requires external power nbsp

A:Win7 on Compaq6710b does not recognize external hdd

Have you tried your Ext Hard drive to be connected to any other PC or Laptop. If the drive is still not recognized consult an expert for this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-on-compaq6710b-does-not-recognize-external-hdd.200463/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello I have been experiencing with Video 7870 Win7 in Stuttering 64 an ongoing issue with video stuttering when using vsync and screen tearing when not of course in certain games Here are my specs Desktop PC OS Win -bit Intel Core i Ghz Motherboard ASRock Z Extreme GSkill Ripjaws GB DDR RAM AMD Radeon HD GB driver CCC -display setup monitors Video Stuttering with 7870 in Win7 64 x x Video Stuttering with 7870 in Win7 64 and one TV Video Stuttering with 7870 in Win7 64 at x HD Samsung SSD PRO GB HD OCZ Agility SSD GB HD Seagate HDD TB HD WD HDD GB This issue is present throughout all games and videos to varying degrees It becomes apparent when any smooth movement is supposed to occur such as camera panning or forward movement in fps games for example In certain games it is barely noticeable such as Borderlands however games Trine or Dead Island are virtually unplayable due to the amount of stutter when moving In other games I experience tearing unless forcing vsync with triple buffering with D D overrider I have tried changing the vsync settings in the individual games as well with no change I have tried a number of solutions recommended from various boards such as reinstalling installing older drivers I am using an ATI radeon HD and have downloaded and removed installed just about every driver version I could get my hands on I have also been lucky enough to have access to a great deal of spare parts As such I have swapped the following components with known-good ones with no result - Power supply - CPU - Motherboard - Hard drive SSD - full reformat as well The previous graphics card a also experienced the exact same problems initially I replaced this card in an attempt to solve the stutter issue but it remained exactly the same I have run memtest and had no errors I have run certain problem games off of a different hard drive and on different monitors of my setup and produced the same result Computer has been fully scanned cleaned of malware etc Running Malwarebytes CCleaner and MSE I m at the end of my rope here Not sure what else to do Seems like this is a tricky issue none of the solutions I have found while searching has worked but I m hoping I missed something crucial Any help suggestions would be appreciated If you need any more information please let me know Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Video Stuttering with 7870 in Win7 64

In-game Vsync sucks for many games, the problem being some games tend to be biased towards one company and that causes the other company Graphics card to run poorly in it.

Try downloading Radeon Pro, its a custom tool that helps for games like that on AMD cards that run into issues with Vsync. Once installed, all you do is add the games your having problems with, go to the options surrounding the games sync, and set it to use dynamic Vsync with the refresh rate of your monitor (You can also add your monitors refresh in).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-stuttering-with-7870-in-win7-64.199248/
Relevancy 22.36%

I reinstalled Windows 7 (64bit) after moving to an SSD. Now, for some mysterious reason, I can no longer read UDF format discs (all Blueray and some DVD's are UDF).

Microsoft's Knowledge Base posts a "hotfix", but it didn't work.

I searched online and lots of people seem to have this same problem, but no one has a fix.

How is it I can WRITE udf discs but not READ them? What a pain.

(Note: I can read the discs in XP and Linux, just not Win7. Copying the discs to the HDD every time I want to read them is not a long-term solution. And I can't copy commercial BD discs anyway.)

A:Can't read UDF format discs (Win7)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321640 is for XP, but does contain some useful information and possible work-rounds. At a guess, I would expect MS to address whatever they have done wrong before too long. In the meantime, an update of the Win7 DVD driver (and/or firmware) for your actual hardware might be available. Try the website of your DVD manufacturer.

At worst, if there is no software solution within a couple of months, you might have to consider replacing the drive, at least you can return a new drive if it fails you too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-read-udf-format-discs-win7.198203/
Relevancy 33.54%

I need to extend my signal on my router. It is not going as far as I need. The place where I need it has an Ethernet port in the room but I would need to be able to wire from the piece of equipment that I decide to use there. It would probably best be a router unless an access point can have ports to hook up to additional equipment in the room that I already use. I know it is best to stay with the same brand and my router is NETGEAR DGN3500. Can anyone tell me what they would use? Thanks.

A:What would you recommend to extend my wi fi signal

Best to use either Wireless Access Point or Wireless Router (disable DHCP,VPN, SPI and NAT)

Example #1 using two Wireless Routers (note interwebs = modem)

Example #2 Using Wireless Router with Wireless Client Bridge with Wireless Access Point

There are also PowerLine Wireless (one box connects to our router lan port) uses AC power

These are the options you can use or just use Access Point which has Wireless features. That would connect to your Router as shown in the first example. Port 1 goes into the single port of Access Points to extend your Wireless where the room is not getting enough single to it.

Your model is also ADSL modem and router all you need to buy is either Powerline set or AP (Wireless Access Point) which has wired LAN connection port.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-you-recommend-to-extend-my-wi-fi-signal.196002/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have no idea where to start loking for solutions. NBegining about an hour ago, no key wil work twice in a row. Backspace wil only back up once, delete wil only delelt one character in a row, page-down wil ionly page down one page and not more.
If I go do something else, and come back, the key wil work again. So, by combining delete and backspace and arrow keys and re-positioning the mouse, I can type whatever I want - it is just taking a lot more effort! -Any ideas? I would put a bu nch of excalamation marks, but this is al I have: !

A:No key will work twice in a row Win7 Dell E5430

More info - this is happening in MS Word, Notepad, the IBM SPSS Text Editor, and Google Chrome search blank. So, not just MS Ofice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-key-will-work-twice-in-a-row-win7-dell-e5430.196092/
Relevancy 21.93%

I m having a terrible time with one win Win7: no or DHCP internet browsing but Can DNS ping bit computer on my home network All other devices about work fine other Win7: Can ping DNS but no DHCP or internet browsing windows pc works fine ADSL router and Cisco switch work fine This one Dell Vostro with a cable into the network worked fine for years Overnight it can t connect to local network with its DHCP settings and if I change to static ip it still can t browse the internet However I can ping external addresses by IP address only If I ping google com eg it cannot find the host What is really confusing is the quot Ping Statistics for quot response contains neither the name or the address but instead random characters ie this changes every time all other devices on the same network resolve IP adresses to their fully qualified domain name I have been through loads of sites and support flushing dns flushing IP restoring the pc to a previous working point changing the network cable and port installing a USB wireless key which works on this pc manually configuring IP addresses reseting the IP and WINSOCKs with Netsh commands I ran anti malware Combofix virus checkers zone alarm all found nothing I booted into a linux instance but still couldn t browse the net I cabled two pcs back to back and could ping each other from each other then restored the cable to the bad Dell I still didn t get a DHCP address but with manual IP gateway and DNS I could ping but not browse I have run out of ideas anyone help Oh it s win professional and there may be a few more things I ve done but forgotten in the post above Obviously changed drivers on NIC and installed drivers for the wireless USB NIC nbsp

A:Win7: Can ping DNS but no DHCP or internet browsing

Booting from a Linux rather than an apparently faulty Windows OS is my favourite way of deciding I have an actual hardware fault.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-can-ping-dns-but-no-dhcp-or-internet-browsing.194914/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a really strange situation today that started after I had to reboot our UTM device and then switch We have a wired network although our modem router is also wireless if needed We don t use the wireless normally After rebooting the UTM and Switch all computers were turned back on again one by one of the were up and running and on the network and internet straight away One PC connected to the LAN but cannot get internet access Our DHCP server is on the UTM Internet (Win7) Network Wired Computer no has on One device and each computer has it s IP address reserved This computer had reserved and it still has that IP address when I do ipconfig It can access all the files on our NAS and all the printers on the network I ran all the ipconfig commands to One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) release renew One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) flushdns I reset winsock and rebooted Still no internet I did a print screen off one of the PCs that is working properly and compared it Apart from the MAC address and other PC specific items I could see no difference So I put a wireless dongle on it to see if it would connect the the internet on wireless It worked I had internet but no LAN other than to the wireless router So I thought there must be a problem with the NIC I went to the local PC store and bought a new NIC card and installed it I disabled the old one and connected the network cable to the new one No difference If I enable the NIC card I have LAN but no internet if I enable the wireless dongle I have internet but no LAN I need both I cannot figure out what has changed on this ONE PC that was working fine until today Oh one other thing I tried that didn t work I connected a brand new Ethernet cable directly from the modem router to the PC So this bypassed the UTM device and Switch Still no wired internet nbsp

A:One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7)

Try these

ping 8.8.8.8
nslookup google.com
ping techspot.com
(1) shows packets going to google's dns
(2) shows you can convert name to ip address
(3) shows access to our site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-on-wired-network-has-no-internet-win7.193364/
Relevancy 22.36%

Guys,I m thinking about to buy a SSD.Can u tell me how much space needed for WIN 7 64bit.pls include ur space advice that it will also have latest update of win+20% space free(which I found various forum that it is needed for run win smoothly).How about 32GB SSD??????
Thankssssssssssss.

A:How much space needed on SSD for Win7 64-bit

Personally, I wouldn't use anything smaller then a 64GB SSD. A 32GB SSD will be good for a cache drive but not a boot drive. I think the 128GB & 256GB drives work best. They give you a lot of room for OS + Core Programs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-space-needed-on-ssd-for-win7-64-bit.190326/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi, I just got rid of Win7 32 bit and installed 64 bit, but I screwed up the partition when I was doing the clean install. Right now I have:
Disk 0 74.5GB Online
System Reserved is at 100MB
(C 14.9 GB
Unallocated 59.5 GB

Is there a way that I can remove the partitions all together? I am in the Disk Management in Admin Tools, but unsure of what to do at this point. Any help is greatly appreciated......

A:Just installed Win7 64-bit and screwed up the partitions...

Nevermind..... Figured it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-installed-win7-64-bit-and-screwed-up-the-partitions.188931/
Relevancy 22.36%

I just bought the subject laptop, and have no interest in Win8. This laptop will eventually backup an HP2000-100 that the MB no longer recognizes the battery(?another story). The plan is to install the HD from the -100 into 2B00, so far so good. I've been able to boot Win7. On the first boot try I got a message that HD didn't exist, a message to run diagnostics. Ran diagnostics everything passed, except the battery check(? another story). Had to go into the BIOS and enable the Legacy mode. Success Win7 booted with expected anomalies, video, sound, etc., etc.. I just finished downloading from HP the drivers for an HP2000z-300, 160mb. The -300 is the last laptop in the HP2000 series to come with Win7. I'll let you know the results in the morn.

Larry

A:New HP2000z-2B00 downgrade to Win7

The graphics driver has installed and appears to be working. The WiFi, and audio did not install, but the old drivers seem to be working. I'll pursue those further if I have problems.

Larry

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hp2000z-2b00-downgrade-to-win7.188488/
Relevancy 19.35%

I Win7(64) no "color scan" with Omnipage17 option see Mailpup or moved me to hardware I doubt this is a hardware issue As indicated below all worked properly under XPSP It is only under Win that this issue has cropped up So I am not sure if this is the best place In short Omnipage is not communicating properly with my Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17 Mustek A scanner on a Win system There were no issues with this software and scanner running on xpsp Not sure what I could be missing Any help appreciated Thanks Longer Description Wondering how to get color capability with OP on my Win system Currently all I can get are B amp W and Grayscale for my scan options All scanner quot sizes quot B -A letter and legal are available in the Tools- gt Options - gt Scanner toolbox and they work properly So OP is partially working with the scanner NOTE OP was working properly fully with this scanner on my old xpsp system System Information Omnipage Professional version Product ID OP- - - OS Win Computer Dell Vostro i processor Scanner Mustek SE A USB Pro What I have done Downloaded the lasted drivers ScanExpress A USB WIN zip from Mustek Uninstalled the old driver installation from Device Manager Reboot Reinstall Mustek software Reboot Open Omnipage - gt Tools - gt Options - gt Scanner - gt Setup Download Latest Scanner Database from Nuance Select amp Test Scanner TWAIN SE A USB Pro - gt Next Would you still like to test your device - gt Yes The scanner is already in the database Would you still like to test your device - gt Yes Close any other applications that might be using your scanner - gt Next After running all available tests Omnipage still cannot see the scanner s color capability Testing the Scanner from Control Panel - gt Devices amp Printers - gt Scanner Select Right Click for Properties - gt Diagnostics - gt Test Scanner quot Successfully completed the diagnostic test quot Testing by Control Panel - gt Devices amp Printers - gt Scanner Select Right Click for Properties - gt Start Scan Here the quot Color quot Option is available And it successfully creates a color scan I found no help on this topic at Nuance Either Knowledge base or Forums Google coming up dry too Not sure what I could be missing Any help appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17

Typically this is a driver problem. find the driver from the print/scanner manufacturer and dl/install it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-64-no-color-scan-option-with-omnipage17.186106/
Relevancy 33.97%

Some reliable good RAM, preferably 2 x 4GB ram under $100, which I would use for somewhat intensive gaming.

A:Can anyone recommend RAM?

What's your CPU? This will determine if you need fast RAM or not, but in any case you should be able to get 8GB for well under $100.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-anyone-recommend-ram.183440/
Relevancy 22.36%

I moved everything into a server case. The case has a hot plug box for 4 hard drives and since there is no other place I can put them I moved my hard drives in there. I also moved one of my spare drives there so I can use it to store backups. My intention was to plug the drive in, make a backup and remove it. Without having to restart the machine. However once I moved it in there I realized that windows does not see it as removable drive but as normal drive. and there is no "Safely remove your hardware" icon in the tray. Now I am wondering whether it would be safe for me just to remove the drive straight out or do I have to restart it every time?
Thanks.

A:Hotplug in Win7 Home Premium

Was that hard drive that you intend to use just simply for your "back up's", is that hard drive an I.D.E. or SATA or USB?

Because if it's an older styled I.D.E., you will never get that "safely remove hardware" message. Even if the drive is a more modern SATA one, just like with an I.D.E. you will not get that "safe to remove hardware" message as well. But if your drive is a USB styled one, your Operating System should have picked up on what it was, how it was being connected and more importantly, what kind off hook up the device is using. Almost every Operating System I've ever put my hands on, know when something is a USB device, and will almost always display that "safe to remove hardware" message, both by way of ((right clicking)) the device icon itself by way of Windows Explorer, or going for the little icon in the lower right hand corner on your Windows taskbar.

So if it's not a USB device, I'm afraid to properly remove and install the drive, your going to have to power down the computer, each and every time.....sorry!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hotplug-in-win7-home-premium.179051/
Relevancy 32.25%

I'm hoping for something cheap because reading ebooks is all I intend to do with it.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

A:What tablet PC do you recommend for the sole purpose of reading ebooks?

Kindle; reasonalble price and functions precisely for this media

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-tablet-pc-do-you-recommend-for-the-sole-purpose-of-reading-ebooks.178516/
Relevancy 33.97%

hi i have at mo 400 watt psu and a 4 gig amd quad core processor and a nvidia gtx 520 graphics card with at the mo 2 gig of ram but am waiting on my new 8 gig ram to come though the post and i also have a dual layer dvd writer and a 1tb hard drive it works fine with the 400 watt psu bt as soon as i download utorrent and start to download the files fail and then my computer runs really sluggish and then sometimes will fail to boot up but this only happens mainly after i have installed utorrent any ideas what could be the matter and how i can solve it thank you very much

A:What PSU would you recommend?

I don't think this is a PSU issue, you don't have many components and the GT 520 is a low power card (Nvidia's website recommends a 300W power supply).

Sounds like you probably downloaded a virus or something... you can try cleaning up your computer or reformatting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-psu-would-you-recommend.177971/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi.

I really want to play a game on my pc shogun 2 but I don't have a graphics card that will run this game. So please could anyone recommend me a a graphics card that will run shogun 2 smoothly and under 100. My PC's specifications are as follows:

Dell inspiron 530
Windows vista home premium
3.00GB RAM
Intel core 2 duo 2.20GHz
32-bit OS

I will be grateful for any recommendations or advice.

Thank you.

A:Could anyone recommend a graphics card?

Found this AMD Radeon 6850 for ~100. This is probably the best bang for the buck at this price segment.

You might however consider getting a better power supply, as the minimum PSU requirement is 500W for that GPU.
According to this your PC has a 300W PSU.

Here's a good PSU for ~60.
Alternatively, any no-name 600W PSU should suffice, but I don't recommend that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-anyone-recommend-a-graphics-card.175448/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi Everyone I am using a ASUS EeePC PEM as an upgrade from my previous netbook PC Win7 Eee 1015PEM loading Error operating system... Starter My problem started when I seemed to receive an odd windows update The IE stopped Error loading operating system... Eee PC 1015PEM Win7 Starter loading correctly even though my pc Error loading operating system... Eee PC 1015PEM Win7 Starter was connected to the net I stupidly gave it to someone who proudly displays letters after his Error loading operating system... Eee PC 1015PEM Win7 Starter name claiming to know all about computers and two days later he gave it back to me telling me that it claimed to be doing hard drive repairs and now won t do anything I plumped for a system restore as I had all my important stuff on an external hard drive so wasn t too worried about loosing anything When I tried it has continually popped up with the meassage Error loading operating system The restore reportedly comes from a hidden recovery partition It almost seems as though the whole netbook has been wiped and all I have is bios I am now beyond my field of knowledge and hope someone has an answer for me Living in hope Bint xx nbsp

A:Error loading operating system... Eee PC 1015PEM Win7 Starter

O/S error

When I have seen the error report "O/S not found", or similar it has meant the hard drive has failed in some way, probably the circuit that controls the seek arm.
If that has happened then the "system restore" will not work either, because, as you noted, it is a copy of the working O/S but in a separate partition, that is normally not used. Problem is the hidden partition is just a part of the same hard drive that won't work.
If that is the situation, the only real answer is to replace the hard drive, and reinstall the O/S plus the software you need. It is much simpler and cheaper to back up the hard drive while it is working, so that come the day it fails, at least the data is safe, and can be restored to a new hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-loading-operating-system-eee-pc-1015pem-win7-starter.175229/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello I recently added a rd hard drive to my computer so I could put my two existing HDs in RAID and still have a back up drive I cloned my main drive to my new backup drive and did a fresh Windows -bit install on the new RAID array I ve been able to get all my hardware working except for my X-FI 0 sound RAID on fresh No after from install Win7-64 CreativeLabs ExtremeMusic SB soundcard I ve gotten it to work a few brief times but I can t figure out what driver and control panel versions I used to make it work before I just remember it being a long process of searching online before I found an answer that worked for me Is there anyway to find out what versions I have on my backup HD since it has the correct driver and control panel versions on it Here s a description of my actual soundcard problem When I try play something in media player there is no sound the progress bar doesn t move if I watch a youtube video the progress bar moves but I still get no sound and I have no system sound either My on-board audio when enabled works perfectly My on-board audio is disabled in No sound from X-FI after fresh Win7-64 install on RAID 0 the bios the X-FI shows up in device manager and appears to be installed correctly with the latest drivers for win - I get clicks from my speakers when installing the drivers and I have tried completely uninstalling the card and re-installing it as an admin but I still don t get any sound Any and all help is greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-from-x-fi-after-fresh-win7-64-install-on-raid-0.174259/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi be active public and Can simultaneously a wired Win7 in workgroup Wi-Fi LAN My crossover-cable wired lan between a win and a miniXP booted laptop can t be changed to a quot home quot from a quot public quot connection Both the wifi and and lan show up as quot public quot The former because I m Can public Wi-Fi and a wired LAN workgroup be active simultaneously in Win7 connected to the internet via a meraki mesh Unlike the status of my wifi which is blue and thus changeable the status of my lan is typeset black as regular text Now when I activate file-sharing I give the whole neighborhood access to my computer Is there a way to separate the networks and make the files of the remote show up in Explorer without disconnecting the wifi Windows IP Configuration Host Name ID-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Can public Wi-Fi and a wired LAN workgroup be active simultaneously in Win7 Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C -F -DA- F- D-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f c c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October- - AM Lease Expires October- - AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- C- C- -AE- D- -B - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address -AE- D- -B - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap D AF E-A E - - B -F BAC AAF E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C A B E- EA- C- C - DF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c d f ff fff Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c d f ff fff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-public-wi-fi-and-a-wired-lan-workgroup-be-active-simultaneously-in-win7.172759/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have an older Dell Latitude laptop in which I would like to upgrade the processor.
I purchased the machine as a refurbished model. It has Win7 installed, The typical office programs 2007.

I writing to ask if there is a way to upgrade the CPU without having to disturb the overall OS configuration? If not can someone either give me direction as to how one goes about doing this (w/o WIN7 disc) or a link to where I could get direction as to how to reinstall after the upgrade.
Thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-cpu-fresh-win7-install-w-o-disc.170808/
Relevancy 21.93%

The audio on my Asus P E DELUXE WiFi-AP motherboard does not appear to work Windows says that there is no audio output device installed As on from Asus Win7, install device audio won't No drivers such when I plug my speakers in I get No audio device on Win7, drivers from Asus won't install no sound and the sound icon in the notification area continues to display a red circle with an quot x quot The High Definition Audio Controller is installed under Device Manager and appears to be normal However it is listed under System Devices There is no listing for Sound Video amp Game Controllers I am not sure if this is applicable to Win I have disabled and re-enabled the audio controller I have uninstalled it and let Windows reinstall it All to no avail For what it s worth the controller appears to be using a standard No audio device on Win7, drivers from Asus won't install Microsoft driver System info says that no sound devices are installed I have verified multiple times that onboard audio is enabled in the BIOS I have tried disabling the audio in the BIOS booting into Windows shutting down and then re-enabling the onboard audio No go I have attempted to reinstall the Soundmax drivers from ASUS They don t install I receive an error message saying that the audio driver files do not support my hardware I am sure that I am trying to install the correct drivers There is no software installed that would be interfering with the audio and all services look normal Any ideas nbsp

A:No audio device on Win7, drivers from Asus won't install

sound

which speakers are you using and which driver?
because most of the speakers are plug n play...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-device-on-win7-drivers-from-asus-wont-install.169687/
Relevancy 33.54%

I'm looking for one for my parents' house. About 50-70 bucks or so. Nothing fancy.

A:Can someone recommend a good Wi-Fi router?

I have purchased 3x of these the all now have the same 5dBi 3x = 15dBi and each router packs a -20dBm = 100mW. Very strong about again if you have older home you have to see how many you need. These cost $50 plus. Depends on where you get it online. I don't have any issues with TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND

32MB of RAM
8MB for Flash
400MHz NPU
832KB Packet Buffer
10/100/1000mbps ports WAN / 4 LAN
USB Port can be use Media server or FTP server using the latest ROM update.
Removable SMA ANT.

My review of this router here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-someone-recommend-a-good-wi-fi-router.166643/
Relevancy 32.25%

It's getting to be upgrade time again.

Going to go the server route, probably 1366 Xeon.

My questions are:

1. Do Xeon 1366's have different hole alignment/spacing that consumer 1366's?

2. If so, can anyone recommend some water blocks other than Koolance, which I know I can use, to take a look at?

Thanks for any help.

A:Socket 1366 Xeon - can anyone recommend compatible waterblocks?

Im pretty sure all 1366 motherboards use the same mounting holes. So any waterblock for the 1366 socket should be compatible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-1366-xeon-can-anyone-recommend-compatible-waterblocks.161388/
Relevancy 22.36%

I am using rasphone.exe in scheduled tasks with parameter "-d network connection name" that allows to auto-connect dial-up connection is there a way to auto-disconnect this connection using scheduled tasks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rasphone-exe-parameters-win7.166264/
Relevancy 33.54%

I hope this hasn t been asked already I searched for similar questions but there are a vast number of topics already posted that I don t think I even scratched the surface This is the second time I ve recieved a notification update? Recommend BIOS from Dell Support Center with the recommendation to update my BIOS I didn t do it the first time because I had no idea what I was doing and Recommend BIOS update? knew that messing with your BIOS could cause some serious problems This time I figure I will ask the experts first This is the message I am getting quot BIOS UPDATE AVAILABLE There is a critical new BIOS update available This critical BIOS update will fix problems or add features to the computer Recommend BIOS update? s BIOS It is strongly recommended to update to this latest BIOS quot Short sweet and to the point My question is whether or not it seems like a good idea to go ahead and do the update Recommend BIOS update? In regards to BIOS updates I ve been told quot if it ain t broke don t fix it quot but if the update will speed things up or have some benefit I m interested Also if it does seem like a good thing to do how do I go about it so I don t end up with a paper weight Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Recommend BIOS update?

I would agree with your final comment, "if it ain't broke don't fix it". But, on the other hand if Dell are pushing this recommendation then it may have some benefits, just make certain it is coming from Dell and not some bogus site. Go to the official Dell support site and look up your PC's drivers, it will show you in there what the latest version the Bios is, just check it against what you have. Go into Bios at boot and it will be written at the top of the screen.

http://support.dell.com/support/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~ck=bt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-bios-update.165610/
Relevancy 33.54%

I'm looking for a new monitor for gaming and general use

I want something with a fairly fast response time, probably around 22" and as for budget, well, as cheap as possible really

I'm in the UK

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-me-a-monitor-for-gaming.161354/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,

I format my Lenovo y530 notebook today. But there is a problem. After installation, Windows7 doesn't see my videocard. I can't remember exactly but I have a G-force 9300M or 9500M. But in Computer Management, It shown as "Standart VGA Graphics Adapter". How can I find my video card again?

Please help. Thanks for your answers.

A:Win7 doesn't see my video card. Lenovo y530

Windows 7 has installed a generic driver for the card. You need to go the cards manufacturers site and download the correct driver for windows 7. Then unistall the card in Device Manager and then install the new driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-doesnt-see-my-video-card-lenovo-y530.160752/
Relevancy 33.54%

All i know my pc is 2.66ghz , 2 hard drives , asus motherboard , 256 creative sound card ,

the thing is i use two hard drives , and i need to use my dvd drive but i can't due to not having enough sata connections , is there anyway where i can use my two hard drives, dvd drive and my cd-rom rom drive...

Also i need a power supply can anyone recommend any..?

A:Can anyone recommend any power supplies

Are you unable to use your DVD because of a lack of power connectors, or SATA data connectors?

If your power supply still works, you could just purchase a molex to 2x sata adapter, to create two more SATA power connectors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-anyone-recommend-any-power-supplies.154998/
Relevancy 21.5%

heya everyone,

I hope someone here can help.

I have windows 7 ultimate and a nvidia network card.

when Deep Freeze is set to Boot Frozen - my network will not work "Unidentified Network" unless i manually change the IP. Same thing happens even if Auto IP is set..

But when Deep Freeze is set to Thawed - my network works perfect.

i have tested this with the lastest verison of DF and a older one and same probelm.
Can anyone point me in the right direction.

thanks in advance,

A:Deep freeze Win7 problem, network stops working

There may be a compatibility problem between Deep Freeze and Windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/deep-freeze-win7-problem-network-stops-working.154960/
Relevancy 22.36%

I am having some serious head-ache troubles and I am at a stand still. I have done all of the following in different orders to no avail: disable/enable card, uninstall card/drivers, uninstall all nvidia folders(physx,drivers,etc), drivesweeper'd everything, reinstalled latest drivers. Also, I believe that the main problem was Windows 7 was detecting and installing the drivers and further delaying the problem, so I turned of automatic updates and installations. Yet, it still sees' it as a 295gtx even if it doesnt install any drivers.Finally, I obviously cant get any video from it and have to use on-board to navigate. Any thoughts out there that could diagnose the problem? Possibly card bios update needed? Thanks ahead of time for any information.

A:Win7 64 260gtx recognized as 295gtx?

did you just get the video card and if you did, did you buy it used or new. If you didnt just buy the video card did you try to flash the bios.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-64-260gtx-recognized-as-295gtx.153802/
Relevancy 21.93%

hi
i have a win7 video driver gateway 7330
loaded win7 ultimate
video driver flaged in dev mngr
probably need audio drv also
video seems fine no sound after install

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-video-driver-gateway-7330.153571/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have ordered all my components except for the case. I was thinking of ordering either of these:

http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/classic_series/alpha
http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/classic_series/m59

My maximum budget is around 50.

Requirements:

- Good/sleek looking
- Has to accomodate ATX motherboard and an nVidia GeForce GTX 460
- Around or under budget

Please give your comments and recommendations

A:Please recommend a case!

I like the M59 one

Have you taken a look at other alternatives like Antec / Cooler Master etc.?

COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Antec DF-35 Black Computer Case

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-recommend-a-case.150990/
Relevancy 22.36%

Im unsure which OS I should use on my old laptop for college. Im currently attending John jay college and every computer there is using windows XP. So for reports, etc I would need it to be able to open and view on a windows PC if necessary. I currently have Windows Vista 32bit Home Premium.

My system is as follows:

I was looking into Windows 7 Home premium, or Ubuntu.
*Im unsure but I believe my laptop wont run with 64bit Win7 but I dont understand the requirements for that.

I need a computer that will shut off quickly for changing classes. I have to keep my laptop plugged in b/c this laptop battery wont last.

Which would you recommend?

A:Win7 or Ubuntu for college

Vista will do everything you want, so why change?
You could easily dual-boot Ubuntu, and Open Office will open just about any document.
The Win7 upgrade adviser may help:
https://www.microsoft.com/downloads...90-7659-4bd9-9e51-2497c146af15&displaylang=en

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-or-ubuntu-for-college.152171/
Relevancy 19.78%

My home desktop is connected to a wireless router through AT&T U-verse and it's broadcasting just fine. I can see the name and everything when I try and connect on my laptop but there is always an error that brings me to a troubleshooting screen. I've made sure the password is correct by going to Start-Run, IPCONFIG and then typing my IP address into the address bar in my browser. I dont know what else I can do, I feel like I've tried everything! Help please.

A:Laptop (Win7 Dell Inspiron 1525) won't connect to desktop (XP Dell) wireless router

Sometimes, you need to replace the router.
Sometimes, you can call your service provider and ask them to take a look on line to see if the subscription needs to be refreshed.
But often, all that is needed (despite the fact that it is a lot of work) is to uninstall your existing system, then reboot, and reinstall everything.
You might also find success by looking at your device manager in Windows to see if you have any grey, red, or yellow flags by any related device. That may show you have a permanent hardware failure if you cannot restore it, then you are off to the store or your provider for a new cable modem or router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-win7-dell-inspiron-1525-wont-connect-to-desktop-xp-dell-wireless-router.149377/
Relevancy 22.36%

I ve never had a problem with my display card before I upgraded to windows My fps in IAH Dragonica is running at approximately - It was a smooth ish before There is also a considerable amount of lag in games like Outspark s Secret of the Solstice and NCsoft s Aion which I normally played with little to no lag on windows xp I have read around and saw something about ATI dropping support for the xx cards in win but that was said in articles last year I could not find anything recent about compatibility between the x win7 Slower upgrade fps after xx and win I have installed a vista version of the ATI Catalyst since it was encouraged I m not a computer-hardware-configuration-tweaking-saavy person so you might have to baby Slower fps after win7 upgrade me through this Could someone help me with configuring my computer to accommodate the new OS I would very much prefer to keep the card and just configure it to the best settings possible Maybe upgrade a few things like RAM if needed I do not have a big budget but am willing to spend a little if that is what it takes Thank you in advance Intel Pentium D Dual Core GHz GB RAM Slower fps after win7 upgrade Windows Ultimate bit ATI Radeon x series MB Latest version of ATI Catalyst for Vista If there is anything else you need to know in order to help me out I m more than happy to look it up and tell you nbsp

A:Slower fps after win7 upgrade

Latest version of ATI Catalyst for VistaClick to expand...

When you say latest, do you mean 9.3? That was the last Catalyst version that supported your card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slower-fps-after-win7-upgrade.148300/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi there please? anyone a for Can recommend PSU me, guys Not sure what size PSU to get I recently shelled a lot of dough for PC parts I m building my first PC and want to make sure I can give it enough power with a little overhead I may wish to overclock the processor in the future so that needs to be taken into account From what I understand I should get either a US or Taiwan made PSU and that constant voltage and amperage are most important I d also go for one that s Gold Plus certified if needs be Here are the parts Gigabyte GA-X A-UD R mobo Intel i CPU Will want to overclock later in the CPU s Can anyone recommend a PSU for me, please? life ATI HD GPU GB x GB Corsair XMS DDR PC - Mhz AKASA Nero S Premier Cooler Corsair H - Hydro Watercooler Will probably use this with OC d processor Scythe Setsugen GPU Cooler Samsung F TB HDD I also already have an old Samsung SyncMaster T LCD monitor a Creative i-Trigue Sound System HP Photosmart HP Keyboard and Wireless Mouse And I will probably change the keyboard and mouse for something more fanciful later on I will be using Windows bit Home Premium Your Can anyone recommend a PSU for me, please? help is much appreciated nbsp

A:Can anyone recommend a PSU for me, please?

What's your price range?

I'd suggest:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139012
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139009

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-anyone-recommend-a-psu-for-me-please.146651/
Relevancy 22.36%

my brother has an acer 5335 that was bought with windows vista basic. I have recently upgraded his laptop to Window 7 ultimate and now he has no stereo mixer. The stereo mixer was fine on vista and i have downloaded latest audio drivers and enabled all audio devices in recording options yet still no success. Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-stereo-mix-after-upgrade-to-win7.143569/
Relevancy 33.54%

its for my mom, she doesn't game, do anything resource intensive. want to spend 300-500 bucks. heres what i would like for it to have: dual core proc., 3 gig RAM, 250 gig hard drive. thanks guys.

A:Can someone recommend me a good laptop?

someone please?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-someone-recommend-me-a-good-laptop.141433/
Relevancy 33.54%

I'm looking to replace my SRX200 linksys router. I'd like something that is N and backwards compatible with every other format. Currently I run my router with 4 computers, my blackberry phones, an xbox 360, and a WII. I have a rather large apartment with several rooms and two floors. My current router has a problem streaming video from laptops to my xbox and I was told I needed a N router to do this more effectively. My router is now randomly dropping connections for some reason and I've had it for 2 years. Also, I have a 20mb connection and will be upgrading to 60mb very soon.

So I'm looking for the best between $100 to $200. I'm looking for the best that I can get.

A:Recommend me a great router!

This would be the way to go especially if you're streaming videos. It may be to the upper limit of your budget, butit's worth it. Check out the features - you'll see...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-me-a-great-router.140966/
Relevancy 33.11%

I am looking for a 2TB NAS to add to my network, now I have used a NAS in the past and was not impressed with the file transfer, although that was 3 years ago and this Seagate 2TB NAS look ok. I have always used Segate HDD internal and external, would anybody else recommend this. it's actually quite small and segate says it's very quiet, I remember reading about the last NAS I bought and that said it was very quite as well? It wasn't it was very loud.

Thanks in advance.

A:Seagate 2TB Blackarmor NAS 110 7200RPM would you recommend it?

I would get Gig network NAS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-2tb-blackarmor-nas-110-7200rpm-would-you-recommend-it.140432/
Relevancy 22.36%

If it s not one thing it s another to - audio Upgraded Win7 not various working I m having a bad week with audio it seems On my main PC I upgraded to Windows a Upgraded to Win7 - various audio not working couple of weeks back Now skype is failling ventrilo is failing After doing a little research ventrilo FAQ s confirmed what i suspected There is something seriously wrong with your sound card drivers or sound mixer configuration Here is what I have as far as audio mobo MOTHERBOARD Asus P T SE Intel X Chipset CrossFireX Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR SATA RAID w eSATA GbLAN USB IEEE a amp Audio TechSpot reviewed it highly and I went for it I did find this for drivers http members driverguide com driver detail php driverid amp action winfo but I m not familiar with this site and as I mentioned in another thread I m not very well versed in Mobo Sound card driver updating etc Can one of you kind techspot folks point me in the right direction nbsp

A:Upgraded to Win7 - various audio not working

OK~ I haven't given up on my own search and it dawned on me to just go to the asus site! genious ain't I? LOL

I found this: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P6T SE&product=1

Is it safe for me to just download the audio drivers for this mobo and proceed?

THANKS!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-to-win7-various-audio-not-working.140506/
Relevancy 22.36%

I'm getting components together for a replacement for my E6400 machine.So far I have
Centurion 5 case
24" monitor
win 7 64bit
1T hard drive & 320 hard drive
2 DVD burners (blu ray later)
Pny 9800 GT 1024mb EF
Earthwatt 500 EA500 PSU(2yr old never used)
i5 cpu(don't have yet )
Undecided on motherboard and ram(leaning toward Gigabyte)
I don't do much gaming or overclocking but I'd like too be able to if I want
My questions are
Will my power supply be enough?
Is my video card OK ( I can still take it back pd $100 for it )
Need help on motherboard (don't need a high end one but a good one )
Need ram 4 g or More ?
I'll be buying this from Newegg
Thanks for your advice an help
I've enjoyed this forum its been most helpful

A:Suggestion for Core i5, Win7 build

I would look for a more powerful PSU if your looking to go i5 and have a decent videocard. The 9800GT in your current build is fine, pretty balanced, but with an i5 the 9800GT is going to be your weak link, I would really look to step up the videocard while your at it. 4GB of RAM should be plenty enough also.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestion-for-core-i5-win7-build.138798/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello,

One of my friends wishes to purchase servers and his requirements are as follows. Can someone please recommend a HP server along with exact model and details specifications including URL which can help him select. Details available are:

Server #1: To be used as the main server for DNS, DHCP, and MS-Exchange server

Server #2: Will be used an a application server

Questions/more available information:
1) He wishes to have raid 3 or raid 5 for server # 2
2) How much total hard disk should be ok for each server
3) what should be the min. RAM for each server
4) He wishes to have internal tape back-up unit for server #2

Thanks

A:Please recommend servers

He will have success with any computer sold as a Server. But he will likely have to install the extra RAID drives. Servers do not need a lot of Ram. You can get by with 512MB on up.
Internal tape back up is a separate unit you buy and install after market, but some servers come with them installed.
Installing and running servers is not rocket science, but it is difficult compared to a regular computer, and requires some reading and study, or experience on another server.

There are plenty of good books on Servers available on Amazon and a variety of good book stores... or from better libraries. You do not need the most recent book, but one that references Windows Server 2003 would be a good choice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-recommend-servers.138840/
Relevancy 33.54%

I m looking to add a few more harddrives to my system I already have but I might take of those you Which of recommend? these drives would out and put their contents on a partition or something Who knows Anyway I was looking at a few harddrives on Newegg Which of these drives would you recommend? and always having been partial to Western Digital they were the first Which of these drives would you recommend? once I looked at Which of these drives would you recommend? This one immediately caught my eye for obvious reasons http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E TB WD Caviar Green Now before I hear you say it I won t be using these harddrives as my installation drive I MIGHT install games to it maybe but probably not These will be used for storage for the most part My main concern here is that I m reading a lot of bad reviews along with a lot of good ones about these TB drives and I d probably do better to hold off on those for a while until they stabilize I also came across this one though http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E TB WD Caviar Black Tons of great reviews about this drive and at only a little more than half the price of the TB it might be worth it And finally I m thinking I might replace my installation drive which is actually a partition of a Gig Samsung drive with a VelociRaptor I don t need anything large or whatever for my installation drive just fast http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E GB RPM This should be perfect Along with the fact that it s the x winner of the customer choice for internal harddrives it sounds pretty solid So the main thing I need is opinions which of those large capacity drives hould I get and is it worth the money to get the Raptor drive for increased performance ALSO I need a little help with something else I have a W Antex Earthwatts PSU It s held perfectly solid since I ve had it never an issue with it I m wondering what adding more harddrives will do to it though Like I said I ll probably remove the smaller harddrives I have a WD GB IDE and a Maxtor GB IDE and move their contents to either a folder or a partition of another drive Then I plan on replacing the GB partition of the GB Samsung SATA drive which is my installation C partition with the GB VelociRaptor then I want to add either or of those TB Caviar Black drives for a total of either or harddrives MY question is can a W PSU handle harddrives a PCI-E x video card internal optical drives an AMD Athlon X CPU and case fans or will I probably have to upgrade before long I m sure if I just remove those drives and add the velociraptor and the caviar in there it won t make any difference at all since I m still at harddrives but I still wanna know nbsp

A:Which of these drives would you recommend?

Seagate Barracuda LP ST32000542AS 2TB 5900 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive
This is a black friday sale, so better hurry, it is also 5900 RPM, but you say it is for storage.

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Full 7200 RPM, and 1.5tb.

About the Velociraptor, while it is a decent harddrive, I think WD mistimed its entry, coming out just a bit before SSD's started going mainstream, and SSD destroy any raptor. So personally, I would recommend buying either a OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX30G 2.5" 30GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Retail $130, OCZ Agility Series OCZSSD2-1AGT60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Retail $230, OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Retail $240, whatever you have the money for. Of course, there is much less storage space, so alternatively you can save up your money and buy when SSDs become even faster and cheaper.

can a 500W PSU handle 5 harddrives, a PCI-E16x video card, 2 (internal) optical drives, an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ CPU, and 5 case fansClick to expand...

yes

I'm sure if I just remove those 2 drives and add the velociraptor and the caviar in there it won't make any difference at all, since I'm still at 4 harddrives, but I still wanna know.Click to expand...

You might as well keep your drives in, the powersupply is fine. Also the raptor takes a bit more power than a normal drive, however, the WD 2tb green takes less power, but I don't think it is quite enough to offset the raptor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-of-these-drives-would-you-recommend.138753/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have 3 PCI Slots (One of which doesn't work for unknown reasons, 2 are being used - one by my wireless network and the other by my current graphics device, the fx 5200). I also have a AGP 4x/8x Slot... An older version. Newer AGP type devices I don't think will fit due to reversed plugs on the cards than I have in my motherboard. So please, no AGP recommendations.

But, I would like to hear of a nice, cheap video card that's in the range of GF 7 and GF 9. Thank you.

You can also email me your suggestions: [email protected]

A:What would you recommend?

You may have missed the Sticky in this forum (right below "New Topic") When you posted
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51437.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-you-recommend.137815/
Relevancy 22.36%

For some time my desktop XP doesn't see my wife's Vista desktop although hers can see mine. Now she has installed release candidate Win7 on her laptop and it doesn't seem to see anything else. I'm not very good with networks. Can anyone help or direct me to some reference material that might help?

Thanks in advance

A:XP, Vista, Win7 not seeing each other on network

Windows 7 tries to create something called a homegroup when it is first connected to a new network. The whole 'homegroup' protocol works only between Windows 7 machines and will make the Win 7 computer invisible to anything but another Win 7 machine configured to be within the same 'homegroup'. You'll need to play with the network setting to get rid of the homegroup and enable the old fashioned sharing model if you want the XP computer to access files on the Win 7 one.

As for Vista, I believe that sharing and security were oomphed a bit and the OS simply doesn't do any kind of sharing by default. I'm not entirely sure if that's the issue for you but it sounds rather plausible.

P.S. To get rid of the homegroup you do the following (preferably while the Win 7 computer is connected to your home network):

- Click on the connection's icon in the notification area
- Select Open Network and Sharing Center
- Select Homegroup and Sharing Options
- Select Change Advanced Sharing Options
- Assuming your home network has been marked as a 'safe' (home or work network) you want to change the options under 'Home or Work'
- Enable network discovery and the anything else you might need (file and printer sharing, public folder sharing, media streaming, etc.). I'd also recommend enabling 128 bit encryption for extra security but if you're still having issue turn it down to 40 bit encryption.
- If you want to do file sharing also choose to use password protected sharing and select the 'Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers' option as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-vista-win7-not-seeing-each-other-on-network.131104/
Relevancy 33.11%

Okay, so I have a friend that decided they were gonna build a new computer, and of course asked for my help.

They want to go with an AMD processor, but I said I'd rather go with an Intel... as I've seen that Intel's lately perform much better on average, put out less heat, and seem to have bigger L2 caches from what I've seen looking around.

Anyways, as I'm not familiar with AMD's latest lineup of processors, I thought I'd ask everyone here what they'd recommend. (Last time I even bought an AMD was about 3 years ago...) Anyone had any experience with AMD's more recent processors?

A:AMD processors - what would people recommend these days?

Depends on budget, AMD is marginally cheaper, and they have quite competative processors with lots of L3 cache. Budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-processors-what-would-people-recommend-these-days.128600/
Relevancy 33.54%

can anyone reccomend a good atx case for me? Style doesnt matter to much but it has to be large and not too expensive. Ive seen a few good cases around like the antec 900? or the coolmaster haf or cosmos?

thx if you can help:grinthumb

A:Anyone recommend a good ATX case?

The cases you suggested are pretty much top of the line on a budget in my opinion. id go for the antec.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-recommend-a-good-atx-case.126943/
Relevancy 33.54%

Greets,

I have an aging Brother HL-1450 which probably needs a new drum (if that will solve the dirt problem), but a new drum + new toner exceeds the price of most new lasers out there (yes, I know that those come with a starter toner, but the issue is the $117 drum).

The HL-1450 draws about 350 Watts when it prints, and that is a decent power draw (lights dim). Most of the new brothers want double that (including the currently on-sale HL-5240).

I am not married to Brother here ... can someone recommend a decent B&W laser printer which does not draw 600-1000W to print?

Thanks!

A:Recommend a B&W Laser which does NOT need 600+W to Print

Lots of chioces... Here's one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828104624

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-a-b-w-laser-which-does-not-need-600-w-to-print.118937/
Relevancy 33.97%

Currently have an HP A1730N and want to upgrade my video card to an XFX 7900GS. Current power supply is 300watts and I need bare minimum 350, so I figure a 500watt supply.

I have an onboard PCI-E slot, pci slots, 2 SATA board connectors. I am running 1 SATA HD, a USB DVDRW, and have 3 sticks of 1gb DDR2 RAM. Have about 6 USB devices going. Everything else is onboard, including sound and my current video card which will obviously be disabled. CPU is an AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+

Need something that will fit fine and give me the right connections. Looking to spend less than $60. Thanks.

A:Recommend me a PSU

This one might work:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153052

Don't expect top end for $60 though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-me-a-psu.118744/
Relevancy 32.68%

EDIT Read bottom of post Hi I am looking to get a new video card for under untaxed from this store Link to store http www hypertechcomputer com You can access the video cards page by going to Video card Video conference-- gt PCI-Express My type I would supply the link but the Which do recommend, one vs. Radeon - of why? GeForce you video and cards these website is frame-based The two I am eying are Radeon vs. GeForce - Which one of these video cards do you recommend, and why? the ATi Radeon and the Geforce GT for around the same price I am currently using a Geforce GS that has died on me System AMD Sempron Processor gb DDR Ram Buffalo watt peak power supply w amps on the volt rail Windows XP Kubuntu Operating systems K N Neo motherboard I believe has a PCI-Express x slot I use it primarily for d modeling and playing games such as Counter Strike Source and Half life Episode level games My previous video card before death could Radeon vs. GeForce - Which one of these video cards do you recommend, and why? not handle Counter Strike Source on a reasonable resolution without lag and had a lot of trouble with multiple moving objects on the screen I would prefer an ATi card Radeon vs. GeForce - Which one of these video cards do you recommend, and why? my past experiences with NVidia have all been negative considering every video card I have purchased from them have failed within several months and were not purchased from the same store The only ATi Radeon card I have owned was an ATi Radeon pro which ran faster then my Geforce for both CAD and Gaming at the time lasted over two years until the video card had coffee spilled on it by my friend My case is well-vented I am open to other suggestions but I would prefer not to order them from online and all the chain retailers nearby overprice video cards like crazy Which one do you recommend I get and why Edit Well I made a deal with the owner that I would buy both cards and he d take the one I liked least back since they were the same in-store price I tested them all on different things The ATi was faster on everything but Battlefield Both cards made my GS seem like a dust-collecting rat that needs to be put in a chest and discovered a couple hundred years from now Here are the results for the three cards - The new cards both made a big difference Battlefield x high settings no AA Fail under fps fps HD fps Counter Strike x high settings x AA FAIL system crash fps HD fps zero change Oblivion x x AA high settings FAIL frames per minute FPS HD FPS Call of Duty x x AA Ultra high settings SYSTEM CRASH took minutes to BSOD SYSTEM CRASH also took minutes to BSOD HD SYSTEM CRASH took minutes seconds to BSOD Doom fps Error message quot Go get a voodoo you quot HD Error message quot You re kidding right quot I took the GT back and am enjoying the nbsp

A:Radeon vs. GeForce - Which one of these video cards do you recommend, and why?

I use the 8600, I stopped using ATI some time ago but I am running Vista

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-vs-geforce-which-one-of-these-video-cards-do-you-recommend-and-why.114374/
Relevancy 33.54%

So ive been wanting to play WoW. But my video card doesnt even meet the minimum requirements. So i was wondering if anyone might recommend a video card. I dont want top of the line, just good enough to run WoW with no lag. Also money is sorta tight, so the cheeper the better!

A:Recommend a vid card?

So what are your systems specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-a-vid-card.114360/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey I am building screen please me a and Recommend graphics card a PC for my mate and here are the specs so far MOBO P N-E SLI I bet you heard that million times CPU Intel Q RAM GB DDR MHz CASE EV Gamer case with PSU included HDD GB rpm MB cache Samsung OD Lightscribe x DVD CD R W So now I have a choice to make the graphics card and screen He will be using this PC primarily for gaming which is why I chose a good processor and big HDD My total cost at the moment is GBP which is dollar The budget is anywhere in the reigon below please note I need a screen speakers although these will be - sound card AND the graphics card so no rediculously high prices graphics cards He asked me for good graphics Must Recommend me a graphics card and screen please be from http www ebuyer com Must be MB I can have x MB cards or x GB but I will let you guys more Recommend me a graphics card and screen please experts than me tell me if or better etc Ok it s a long list but to summ up it s a graphics card costing up to give or take anything lower is excellent I have been looking at nVidia series and GeForce it must be nVidia For screens currently I have chosen the Samsung NWX quot monitor with x c d screen which is at http ebuyer com product although I am open to suggestions on anything else up to - I AM OPEN TO OPINIONS I can change any of the specs at the moment so suggestions are welcome POWER CONSUMPTION IS NOT A PROBLEM I havn t yet chosen a PSU and I ll get anything good Thank you for your time AND suggestions Regards Charlie nbsp

A:Recommend me a graphics card and screen please

Try these:

Acer AL2416WB 24" TFT Monitor Widescreen 1920x1200 1000:1 400cd/m2 5ms Silver/Black 3 Years Warranty - 198.99 + free delivery
ASUS HD 4870X2 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDCP HDTV out PCI-E Graphics Card - 364.9 + free delivery
Corsair 650W TX Series PSU - 120mm Fan, 80+% Efficiency, Single +12V Rail - 60.25 + free delivery
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI-Express - OEM - 27.39 + free 5-day delivery

The total for the entire system will easily be under 1000 and your friend would have a killer system that will be able to play any game with the detail settings maxed out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-me-a-graphics-card-and-screen-please.111193/
Relevancy 33.54%

Looking for a good quality set with thick wiring. Over the last few years I've been through so much with one ear piece no longer working. I'd like something that lasts longer

Please recommend something you know of that has thick wiring, it must include a microphone for gaming purposes.

Thanks!

A:Please recommend Computer Headsets

Google is a good tool for this...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-recommend-computer-headsets.108509/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi guys, my cpu's (E8400 3.06ghz) quite hot wif idle temp of 44degC to loading of 60degC. Any recommendations for a cooler?

I have no preference and am very open to suggestions =D

Notes:
-I dont care about noise. Performance is key.
-I dont have a gigantic case so i'm hoping for the normal size coolers.
-Try not to recommend something tat's more than $50.

Thanks for any recommendations xD

A:Recommend a CPU cooler?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2882723&CatId=1588
here is one for 50$ with a ten dollar mail in rebate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-a-cpu-cooler.106490/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have a new HP Pavillion a6400f and need dual monitor capability. I do not play games. I have one free pci exp x16 slot. Could anyone recommend a suitable card that would suit my needs?

A:Recommend Video Card

So match the added card to the on-board video's chipset... example, if you have ATI graphics, go ATI PCI-e. If you have Nvidia, go Nvidia PCI-e. Just spend what is in your budget that's all there is to it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-video-card.103858/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi Kids!

Help!

I not looking to do fancy things on it, just the basics. I want something that is durable and lightweight and with good virus protection.

My friends have recommend the Toshiba, Vaio ... hey have you seen the new Macbook air?!? It looks real nice ... anyone know if it's good and worth the price?

Thanks!

S

A:Looking to buy Laptop... what do you recommend?

What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-buy-laptop-what-do-you-recommend.97257/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have four 3-pin fans and two 4-pin fans in my computer and i need a fan controller than can control most if not all of them. I was looking at the zalman MFC1 Plus and I was wondering if that can control both 4 and 3 pin fans. Is there any others that you would recommend? Thanks in advance for your help.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999171

A:What fan controller do you recommend?

You should have separate controllers for the best results when both 3-pin and 4-pin fans are installed.
I would change to fans that all have the same pin-outs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-fan-controller-do-you-recommend.97368/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have recently decided to do a little upgrading on my computer because I was getting annoyed by getting rather low frames-per-second in all my games At first I thought it s my power-supply and my RAM so I went and bought a W PSU and x GB sticks of RAM Saw no difference in my computer s performance when it came down to games This is the current set-up I have running right now - BFG GeForce GT OC - GB RAM PC Kingston - Pentium Ghz with Hyper-Threading LGA - Watt Power Supply - I m not sure about the motherboard but my PC is a Compaq Presario SR NX In Team Fortress I can get anything from to fps In Serious Sam I can get anything between and everything on high In BioShock I get around Games Me Terrible in (Recommend Upgrade) FPS an a constant everything on high The worst offender Terrible FPS in Games (Recommend Me an Upgrade) however is all the Source games No matter what my settings could be x to x low and high no AA are I don t get anything above and unless Terrible FPS in Games (Recommend Me an Upgrade) I m like facing a wall with no enemies near According to my research when this game came out my current card and processor was considered great high-budget stuff So what s the problem The only thing I could have thought of was that my CPU is bottlenecking my set-up I was thinking about buying a new CPU though I m not sure which one I should buy I would however rather not buy a new motherboard as then I would have to re-buy my RAM as well and I m no Scrooge McDuck However if I would need to replace my CPU and my motherboard how should I go about it Anything you guys recommend I have about to spare on this upgrade but no more As for some side notes I m getting a GeForce in a week or two I m not interested in over-clocking I uninstalled reinstalled my video card s drivers yesterday and my motherboard BIOS is up to date Thanks nbsp

A:Terrible FPS in Games (Recommend Me an Upgrade)

Wait until you get your GeForce 8800 before doing anything else. That could solve your problem to a large degree.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/terrible-fps-in-games-recommend-me-an-upgrade.93993/
Relevancy 33.97%

If this is in the wrong forum blame the welcome wagon In the red corner Features for this HEWLETT PACKARD M UK - Intel Core Duo Processor E - x GHz GHz FSB MB Cache - Microsoft Windows XP Media Center - GB DDR RAM - GB Hard Disk Drive - Dual Layer DVD ReWriter Drive - MB ATI Radeon X SE Graphics - Built-in TV Tuner Remote Control - Which PC's you these of recommend? would g Wireless Network Ready - -in- Media Card Reader And in the blue corner Features for this HEWLETT PACKARD Intel Core Duo Processor E GHz MHz FSB MB Cache Genuine Windows Vista R Home Premium GB DDR RAM GB Hard Drive DVD Rewriter Drive MB nVidia GeForce LE Graphics Built-in TV Tuner Remote Control Wireless Keyboard Mouse -in- Media Card Reader What sells me on the first one is that it Which of these PC's would you recommend? s XP I m very comfortable with XP it s served me well and I m not too keen on switching to Vista not least because of any potential compatibility issues with the games and software I have The second one however does have the lure of a slightly faster Which of these PC's would you recommend? machine and nVidia which I feel comfortable with because it s a familiar name and I know I m getting something good with it Something that has me curious is the x GHz GHz FSB MB Cache with the first PC and the GHz MHz FSB MB Cache with the second one Is there something significant with one having processors over the singular processor of the other I likely won t be playing any high-end or intensive games but I d still like know that the computer I m getting can still play them well if the need arises If I was forced to choose right now I would go for the former one because I d rather go with XP even though the graphics card is from a company I m not that familiar with and I tend to veer towards the bigger name because I feel more confident in their product All things being equal what would you choose and why Reassure me the former is the one for me or convince me that I should take the Vista plunge and go for the latter I m on the fence right now and would appreciate feedback that would guide me either way nbsp

A:Which of these PC's would you recommend?

Both processors are dual core so they are about even, but I do like the E6600 better than the E6400 simply because it's faster and has twice the L2 cache. The geForce 7500LE just plain sucks as a 3D accerator while the X1600 is about three times as powerful but still isn't anything to brag about. I'd buy the E6600 and then plan to purchase a new video card and operating system. How much are you planning on spending on this computer because it's very possible to cobble together for you a computer that would meet or beat a combination of the best parts of the 7635 and the 7755 for usually just a little more money.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-of-these-pcs-would-you-recommend.86370/
Relevancy 33.54%

Planning on making a less powerful computer for a friend of mines mom. The mobod is the ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra MCP ATX AMD along with the x2 4600 brisbane. What memory would you suggest to work the best with NO overclocking at all. Would the 800 be best?

A:What memory do you recommend?

That board can take DDR2 PC2-5300, DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2 PC2-4200, DDR2-8500 with a maximum of 2 GB.

The only decisions to make are ECC vs non-ECC You don't need ECC.
Whatever you get, make sure all modules are alike, and do not use any memory that as Value in the description, as it is slower.
The entire memory package will run at the rate of the slowest module.
Based on your description, I would get the DDR2 PC6400 in two 1 GB modules.. but you would be fine with the any, as long as they are identical.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-memory-do-you-recommend.81812/
Relevancy 33.11%

Could someone recommend me a custom build for 3D Animation?
Budget, about 800 - 1500, and Intel DUO Core. Just something that can handle Maya with ease.

Thanks for your time.

A:Recommend a computer build for 3D animation?

Processor Intel DUO Core, fastest you can afford
Lots of Memory 2GB or more
Large hard drive
Good quality motherboard
Hi-end PCI-E video card
Large wattage power supply
Hi-end monitor

Start shopping...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-a-computer-build-for-3d-animation.80815/
Relevancy 33.11%

I could use a little bit of everyone's wisdom here. I find myself doing more and more computer repairs (mainly family and business is good!) and feel that a hardware diag card would greatly help me out. Since I have no experience in chosing or using a PCI Motherboard diagnostic card so I'm hoping some of my friends here can point me in the direction of a good, user friendly card. The only other caveat is that I would like to keep the price under $50.

Thanks guys and gals!

A:Recommend me a motherboard diagnostic card

None of them are much good for very long. Motherboards change too frequently. Experience is the best teacher, followed by goog books by Muellar and Bigelow... and know your software.
The motherboard is very seldom the problem... in fact it is surprising how seldom the motherboard is involved in the problem. Same with the CPU. Only in eMachines, which you cannot fix anyway, does either have much to do with the problems.
Invest in a good thermal temperature gun, for under $50, a case of Dust Off, a good power supply tester, and a couple of quarts of denatured alcohol. Put the rest into diagnostic discs that you can trust... buy building your own from downloads at www.majorgeeks.com, www.pcworld.com, and elsewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-me-a-motherboard-diagnostic-card.79112/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hey there,
I am having temp problems (Intel Pentium D 820 last temp read at 67 C) and need a bigger, better heatsink than the standard size. Can anyone recommend a good alternative that is cost efficient?

Yes, I have reinstalled the fan/heatsink with a fresh layer of Artic silver after cleaning thoroughly but its been no help. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

A:Can anyone recommend a good oversized Fan/Heatsink for socket 775/asus motherboard

zalmans 9700

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-anyone-recommend-a-good-oversized-fan-heatsink-for-socket-775-asus-motherboard.76489/
Relevancy 28.81%

My current system specs are below is getting a bit dated and frankly I m just itching to build a new computer Since the days of pentium hyperthreading socket and AGP video cards are long gone I m looking for some advice and or guides on where to look for ideas I like to play games although I wouldn t consider myself a gaming geek in that I need the latest card and processor But I do like quality I guess what I m looking for is a decent mid range system that ll make look FSX and Vista look good without breaking my bank I new Want any you'd guides recommend? good system, to build 'build' a m partial to Intel ASUS and ATI but I d really be willing to try anything as I know the market changes like the winds I m not real keen on the latest in technology for instance all I know a RAID to be is something we d Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend? do in the middle of the night to the sorority houses looking for panties Any Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend? ideas or general directions you can point me in would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend?

What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-build-a-new-system-any-good-build-guides-youd-recommend.70046/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi there everybody!
I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a graphics card?
I am a student with a part time job and not much money! I am currently building a computer and need a good graphics card that will play The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Age Of Empires III, do everyday school work and surf the web etc and would be compatible with the AsRock 775V88 Motherboard.
(Specs Here )
I live in New Zealand so if I cannot find the recommended boards here then i will probably ignore them as I do not really want to import into the country as i do not know if NZ has any import rules!!!
Thanks in advance for and recommendations!!!
Cheers
Allan

A:Recommend me a Video Card!!

Well, it's a bit of a tall order actually. The games you are wanting to play require fairly powerful graphics cards.

You need to get an AGP graphics card. The first thing you need to confirm is whether or not your current PSU will be enough to power a new card, otherwise you'll need to budget a new PSU in as well.

Open up your case and look at the sticker attached to the power supply and read how many watts your PSU is rated at. Also look at the chart on the sticker. How many amps on the +12v rail?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-me-a-video-card.66146/
Relevancy 32.68%

this is my mobo :
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products...w.aspx?ProductID=1939&ModelName=GA-K8N51GMF-9

im currently using the on board geforce 6100 IGP

i have around $70 for an upgrade. recommend me the best pci express card according to my budget.

my PSU is 450watt which came with my casing (not sure about the name) do i need a PSU upgrade ?

system specs :

athlon64 3500+ Venice at 2.4Ghz
2x512mb Kingston ddr400 dual channel
Samsung dual layer dvd writer (does it have an impact on power ?)

thanks

A:recommend me a budget pci express card for my mobo

What gaming are you currently doing / planning on doing?

And $70 wont get you a very good videocard.... you need atleast $150-200 to get like a 6800 or something

Also for your PSU I would recommend a upgrade because 450w isnt all that much, Here is a good PSU for cheap price http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817341002

Hope I helped

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-me-a-budget-pci-express-card-for-my-mobo.63697/
Relevancy 33.11%

Anybody recommend one? This is my first time getting a conroe board. I was thinking of getting the Gigabyte one witht the 965 chipset.

Any help appreciated

A:Anyone recommend a good Core 2 Duo motherboard?

Wallabing - check out tomshardware.com - they just ran a review. look under mobo

gl

sl33py

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-recommend-a-good-core-2-duo-motherboard.61340/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi,
I?m looking for a Data Recovery company [not a Data Software company] to recover data on my drive that will not spin. Want to spend less than $1000. Please advise.

Thanks,
Joe

A:Recommend Data Recovery Company not Data Software Company

Best Data Recovery Company

I have visited many data recovery websites and evaluated their product.

But my experience with one data recovery is almost excellent.

Nucleus Data Recovery, the leading data recovery company having biggest range of professional data recovery software.

Their support is also excellent you drop a email for any help they will respond within 5 minutes.

To recover your data try Kernel Recovery for FAT+NTFS.

The DEMO allows you to preview the recoverable contents and you can check whether the file is recovered correctly or not by double clicking on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-data-recovery-company-not-data-software-company.28462/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am looking for recommendations from people that actually use or used a model they recommend (or speak against).

This is for mostly black and white printouts, probably 600-1200 pages monthly and for occasional photo-quality picture printing (20-30 printouts a month).

What are my best options here?

A:Which Ink Printer Do You Recommend?

I personally recommend Canon printers.

I`ve got the mp360 smartbase all in one and have never had a problem with it. I`ve had the printer for over two years.

The ink cartridges don`t cost an arm and a leg like a lot of other brands do.

I use my printer mainly for photo`s and the results are outstanding.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-ink-printer-do-you-recommend.52794/
Relevancy 33.54%

Can anyone recommend a reliable and secure access point and wireless LAN card for under 35 GBP?

A:please recommend wireless set-up

anyone?!!! And I meant 35 each

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-recommend-wireless-set-up.49044/
Relevancy 32.68%

I've started a digital film course and need to shift my saved footage between my Mac in school and PC at home. I have a couple of old hard drives sitting around so I'm thinking a caddy might be the right idea.
What do I need to look for in the specifications etc? Any reliable brands?

Thanks in advance.

Mark Truesdale

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-a-hard-drive-caddy-for-use-between-macs-and-pcs.47646/
Relevancy 33.54%

I currently have a ASRock P4S55FX2 and have done for a year now, has already blew up, so had to send back to be replaced, now the computer is acting in the same way, so have a feeling this is going to happen again so have decided to splash out on a new one to actually work and not freeze my computer from time to time, anyone any recommendations?

Thanks

A:Recommend Me a New Motherboard....

First recommendation, DONT buy SIS chipsets, as for recommending another mobo, stick with Intel based chipsets by Asus or Abit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-me-a-new-motherboard.42356/
Relevancy 33.54%

Ok my cousin is building a comp Here are the specs so far Antec LifeStyle SONATA II Piano Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Watt SmartPower http www newegg com product product asp item N E eVGA GT MB PCI-expressx http www newegg com product product asp item N E AMD Athlon socket http www newegg com product product asp item N E a Recommend mobo... 939 AMD socket CORSAIR ValueSelect GB x MB -Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR PC http www newegg com product product asp item N E WD GB hard drive http www newegg com product product asp item N E NEC DVD Burner http www Recommend a AMD socket 939 mobo... newegg com product product asp item N E The only thing left is the motherboard it needs to be socket amp PCI-expressx SLi is not really necessary He will not be doing any hardcore gaming or overclocking Willing to spend around for mobo I was looking at these but willing to take other recommendations GIGABYTE GA-K NF- Socket NVIDIA nForce http www newegg com product product asp item N E Chaintech VNF nForce Ultra chipset http www newegg com Product Produ N E also looked at some ASUS mobos any suggestions nbsp

A:Recommend a AMD socket 939 mobo...

I'd go with an ASUS. They have a couple boards that utilize the nForce4 for around $90-100. Good rep and reliable mobos.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-a-amd-socket-939-mobo.39861/
Relevancy 33.11%

Have an ASUS A8N32-SLI-Deluxe motherboard coming to me, I would like to get a recommendation on a case. I am looking for a bigger case, no mid size towers. I would like this case to have 3 3.5 bays, 4+ 5 1/4 bays, and a top mounted PSU slot. The case needs to be able to take advantage of the heat pipe running down the mobo.

A:Anyone use this MOBO and able to recommend a good case?

No one else using this mobo yet? putting a Athlon 64 x2 4800+ in it, should be super fly jiggy dope pimp then! Just need a good high tower case for it now. So.. effectively...... BUMP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-use-this-mobo-and-able-to-recommend-a-good-case.39947/
Relevancy 33.54%

Okay I am currently running Corsair XMS Pro 512 MB PC3200 184 pin DDR-SDRAM. I want to add another 512MB, making the total 1024 mb ram. Any suggestions? If I change the brand will it screw things up? Should I play it safe and just get more XMS Pro?

AMD athlon 64 3000+
300W psu

A:Recommend Stick of memory

Most people here will tell you to never mix memmory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-stick-of-memory.38422/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello-
I want to install an internal card reader for all of these cards people have in their cameras. I have a fujifilm which uses xd. I want to be ready to read media for most any camera someone might have, not just my xd card.

Can someone recommend a good internal multicard reader?

A:recommend multicard reader internal

trying a sabrent 42-in-1

with no ringing endorsements, i decided to try a sabrent 42-in-1 reader. it is low-priced, and also has good reviews - but all of them say it works great once you perform some mod as outlined on their website. i plan to post my opinion here once i figure out how this works, in case someone searches for this topic in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-multicard-reader-internal.35028/
Relevancy 33.54%

Could someone recommend watts for Power supply for AMD 3000/400 FSB. Is 400 Enough? I have a case with one fan...MB is GA-7n400Pro2 w/ 1 GB RAM.
Going to buy one asap...THANKS
VOWMAN :hotouch:

A:Please RECOMMEND POWER/SUPPLY

Thermalake is a good brand and 450w to 500w should be plenty. :knock:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-recommend-power-supply.23344/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi people! I'm new on here so guess i should first say hi! :giddy:

I've just got a dvd player for xmas that plays mpeg's and i've stacks of movie clips that are avi, wma, mov files etc. I'm wanting to convert them all to mpeg so that i can burn them onto disk and play them on my tv. Can anyone recommend a good free file converter that will convert batches. I've looked on the download section of this site and the only ones i've downloaded are trial versions and produce watermarks on the converted files.

Also is there a free program out there that will allow me to decode dvd's and then burn them to vcd or mpeg? Sorry if i sound like i'm asking silly questions i really havn't much of an idea!

I'm using winXP SP1

Thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-a-video-file-converter.18669/
Relevancy 33.54%

I rushing to build a computer for my daughter who is away at university... (her computer just died!)

I plan to use a ASUS A7N8X-E-DX motherboard; 512MB PC3200 RAM; AMD Athlon XP2600+ processor; and 120Gb hard drive.

My question to this forum is what Video Card should I consider? While she is not a gamer, I would like to get something that has good resolution yet won't break the bank...

As you can see from my profile, I am building her computer much like mine... I just don't think she needs the same level of video...

Any ideas... thanks.

A:Recommend a Video Card Please...

I use my PC for business purposes only, and have a Matrox Milennium G550
http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/mill_g550/home.cfm
This is an extremely powerful card, despite its only 32MB memory.
I do mainly web-design with it, with lots of photo-manipulation.
For using MS Office-like programs, email and web-surfing, and the occasional game, there is no better, more reliable card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-a-video-card-please.15986/
Relevancy 33.54%

Im looking into buying a new video card for hl2 and some other newer games.. I have a budget around 200$. I was thinking of getting a geforce 6600gt but I think it only comes in pcix.

What do you guys recommend?

A:Recommend video cards plz

Before you go spending your hard earned cash check out www.ati.com Regards Howard:grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-video-cards-plz.15872/
Relevancy 33.97%

Can somebody recommend me a good video card? My price range is anything lower than 130 140 around there. Thanks guys:grinthumb

A:Recommend........

I lke GForce4 MX-440 8x @ 100 usd or so

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend.10971/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi, i'm currently looking to buy a soundcard for it is a major bottleneck in my system...i wanted to know from the gamers which soundcard gives them the best overall performance.....money is not an issue, please if you could give detail information about the specific card...or just say it runs bad *** etc. thanks for helping ok bye

A:Which soundcard would YOU recommend?

screw soundcards

just get a DECENT motherboard that gives you all the bells and whistles, INCL state of the art sound...........FOR about what you'd spend for that CARD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-soundcard-would-you-recommend.5533/