Windows Support Forum

Wifi on an Old Computer

Q: Wifi on an Old Computer

My sister is still on XP I know updates are ending very soon and I am going to try to talk her into upgrading - she s just afraid she ll have problems with the software she uses settings for it etc Anyway she does have good third-party solutions installed for virus and malware protection So that s for another day Recently she started having trouble connecting to the Internet on the computer upstairs There were two separate modems that connected to the Computer on Wifi Old an internet independently in the household The one downstairs works fine her son s She even went and picked up a new modem because it seemed like that might have been the cause It worked for a short time seemed like a few hours from what I Wifi on an Old Computer could gather but then she started having the exact same problems in that it wouldn t connect which made me think the problem might be with her nic port She picked up an ac adapter - this one www dlink com us en home-solutions connect adapters dwa- -wireless-ac -dual-band-usb-adapter at a local store and the computer downstairs Wifi on an Old Computer has an ac router Asus RT-AC U She can t get it to see the network on the XP computer upstairs Usually I would connect by remote desktop and help her with PC issues but I can t do that with this of course and I am not getting anywhere trying Wifi on an Old Computer to get it working over the phone It will just never show the network in range to connect to BUT she borrowed a netbook from a friend plugged the exact same USB adapter into it and it connects to the network fine upstairs So it d definitely in range Any ideas why the XP system won t see the network downstairs I was sure to tell her to disable the other network connections Nothing seems to help so far Thank you much in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wifi on an Old Computer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wifi on an Old Computer

Get a command prompt and look at the top of this

Code:
C:\Users\Jeff>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : JeffPC7
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid <<< WHAT DO YOU SEE HERE?
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-on-an-old-computer.201132/
Relevancy 45.58%

hello.

i have cable internet that is connected to a belkin wireless router. one computer gets slow internet access when connected to this. multiple other computers get better speed. the one affected computer gets fast speeds when accessing the internet at other locations, like a friend's house. also, the affected computer gets fast speeds when connected to the router by a cable.

so the problem seems to be very specific to the connection between these specific devices.

the laptop in question is a thinkpad e420 running windows 7.

thank you in advance for any solutions or suggestions you might have.

A:Solved: slow net with 1 computer and home wifi, but not other computers or other wifi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-net-with-1-computer-and-home-wifi-but-not-other-computers-or-other-wifi.1085104/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey guys So what i'm trying to do is create a hotspot computer wifi built-in with Wifi card. Creating wifi hotspot using my computer In other words turning my computer into a router I'm wanting to do this so i can use my ipod at home instead of only when i'm around other wifi hotspots My computer Creating Wifi hotspot with built-in computer wifi card. is running off of a wired router so that i can play online on my PS as well I was told wifi doesn't work well with Ps 's normally so i just bought a wired router So the mainline internet cord is plugged into a wired router and then another line runs into my computer For some reason after i make an adhoc connection the computer is not sending the required information to the iPod so that it connects to the internet I've tried entering in the information into the Static tab in my ipod as well and still only get Local Connection instead of Local and Internet This is what my connection looks like through the router using ipconfig all Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Kyle gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Crommy Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List twinvalley net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F- A- -BA-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix twinvalley net Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - B- -F -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f aed f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday December Cromwel l Lease Expires Tuesday December Cromwe ll Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F- D- - A- - B- -F -D - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix twinvalley net Description isatap twinvalley net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B C D -A E - DF -BEA -BC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e f f fe b Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe f f fe b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes now when i look at other people's ipconfig all they do not have any of theese quot tunnel adapters quot as i have not sure if that has anything to do with it or not thanks for any and all tips

A:Creating Wifi hotspot with built-in computer wifi card.

Hi Cromsy,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

Unfortunately, it isn't as simple as that. You are connected to the router fine with your computer, but that tells us nothing about the ipod because wireless is off (but that's not the whole story either - you need something extra to do what you want). The following article should tell you what you need and how to do it: How to Connect iPod Touch to Windows 7 Ad-hoc Wireless Network. Although it says Windows 7, there are procedures for Vista as well (and the software will work with Vista).

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/286359-creating-wifi-hotspot-built-computer-wifi-card.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Okay so my desktop is connected to the network by wifi to the wireless N plus B and G router It connects to the internet fine and dandy Possible iPhone's the connected that net? computer is to connect wifi to wifi by to My iPhone can connect to the router but drops the wifi signal most of the time It doesn t seem Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? to want to hold the connection because of either distance Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? or interference from the wall or whatever What Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? I want is to connect the iPhone s wifi to the computer for a stronger connection But I don t want to move the router because it s centrally located and my office is kinda further away from it Equipment computer n wireless USB adapter connected to computer g wireless PCI adapter connected to computer n router connected to internet iPhone with b g connectivity Is it possible to do this I know what people have done it with one wired connection and a wireless connection from the computer But can it be done with TWO wireless adapters connected to the computer Thanks in advance for any replies PS I know it d be easier to just use the computer to browse the internet since I d be in the office anyway but I work as a D modeler and alot of times I m testing renders for scenes and such and can t stop the render without losing the progress If I browse while it s rendering it s possible I can crash the computer because of the heavy resources the D engine is already using nbsp

A:Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net?

Doesn't hurt (except maybe your time) to try. Get an ad-hoc wireless network working between computer and iPhone (using dynamic addressing). Then in Network Connections bridge the two wireless connections.

If it doesn't work, show the following for the computer before you bridge and when you have the bridge.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-connect-iphones-wifi-to-computer-that-is-connected-by-wifi-to-the-net.810596/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello,

I would like to hook up my non wifi enabled computer to my wifi tv, how do I do this?

Thanks

Relevancy 39.13%

recently usb resources wifi adaptor wifi wifi not recognized, hogging i was having major computer issues on my desktop i did a full restore to factory settings and after doing a few windows updates i found that my network adaptor was not finding any signals it does not show up in the change adaptor settings wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources page or in the device manager page when i troubleshoot my internet connection it says an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in I have a desktop computer but it definately has a wireless network card i used to get windows updates for it and it just stopped wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources working one day when i look in the BIOS the only option related to booting a network card is B D Yukon PXE no matter when i boot it i still dont get wireless signals when i go into the boot menu and try to boot this device it says quot PXE E media test failure please check cable quot i have opened the tower and the card is securely in its slot i thought i would workaround by getting a usb wifi card I installed it and connected to the internet and it alternated between having a connection to the internet and being connected to the network but not the internet even when it is connected to the internet i cannot reach any web pages my dropbox desktop files wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources update very slowly kb s when i am connected with the usb card the network stops working for everyone else in the house they can no longer reach web pages or continue downloads please help gateway DX AMD Phenom II X processor GHz GB DDRII RAM windows home premium EDIT additionally nothing shows up when i scan with avast antivirus nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

How can I find out if my computer is ok for WiFi and if it is, how do I turn it on. If it isn't, how can I make it ok?

RonBin79

A:Is My Computer ok for WiFi

Hi,

In order to use wireless connectivity, you need to have a wireless adapter installed. Check under Device Manager to see if one is installed under the Network Adapters section, as shown in the example below.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/255923-my-computer-ok-wifi.html
Relevancy 36.98%

If I am using a laptop/desktop/mac computer that is connected to the internet via an ethernet cable (the internet comes from the ethernet cable). Is there a way to get wifi from the computer? Maybe connect some device to the computer to make it become a wifi provider? I was wondering how to could get wifi/internet for my smartphone through the computer?

Thanks

A:How to get wifi from my computer?

What is the Model Number of your Router .. Most Routers have WiFi capabilities .. If your does all you need is a Wireless USB Adapter ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/349670-how-get-wifi-my-computer.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Need to know if I have a built in wifi with my Dell Inspiron 537s? How do I go about looking for it? If I don't have it, will I need to install a card for it? Thanks for any advice! ~punkinbee59

(FYI..bought my computer in Sept 2009)

A:How do I know I have a wifi in my computer?

If you have WIIF (and correct me if I am wrong this looks like a desktop PC) you should have an aerial coming out the back of the machine.

You can double check by doing the following:
Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, clicking Network and Sharing Center, and then clicking Manage network connections. One will be called 'Local Area Connection' the other IF you have Wifi will be called 'Wireless Network Connection'

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387799-how-do-i-know-i-have-wifi-my-computer.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Ok here s the deal Two years ago I was using AOL dial-up for my internet service but decoded to change to DSL through a different ISP At that time all I was using for a computer was my main tower system Dell Demension so I followed the installation CD and had it hardwired directly to the modem I then purchased a laptop pc equiped with WiFi and purchased a router to include it on my home network I have also added another laptop No Computer Main WiFi Wifi for my grandson to use as well on the network I guess it s called a network as they all work off of the same ISP So I then had one quot Main quot computer Main Computer No WiFi hardwired to the modem and Main Computer No WiFi two laptops set up via Main Computer No WiFi router Wifi and all was well However the Main computer hardwired developed a hardrive problem BSOD and I had to send it off to be repaired The hardrive had some kind of an error and had to be reset back to the exact settings that came with the computer when I first plugged it in out of the box NO Aol and No DSL but just the normal out of the box programs amp adverisements trial version everything and Windows XP Home Edition I want to hook the main PC back up to the network using a hardwire but I don t want to mess up the security setup that I have for the laptops running from the router I only have the two laptops running at this time Can I run a hardwire directly to the router and just let it download the settings automaticaly to the Dell Tower No WiFi or will I have to wire the Main PC to the modem and setup another security for that particular computer I want them all to be using the same ISP but i m not sure how to hook the main system back up after it s been cleaned of all the original setup for DSL In other words which would be the best way to add the Dell Demension to the network while it dosent have WiFi Modem or Router connection and how do I do either Thanks -Cups

A:Main Computer No WiFi

Hi .Just run a line from the NIC on the system...to the router (router should have four ports for wired connections).Then run the Network Setup Wizard in XP.http://www.petri.co.il/whats_network_setup..._windows_xp.htmWhen the wizard asks how you intend to connect to the Internet...residential gateway (router) is the method.Setting up a wired connection has nothing to do with wireless connections, the method of connection (wired or wireless) is unimportant as long as the correct procedures are followed. The router (residential gateway) is the key piece.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233221/main-computer-no-wifi/
Relevancy 36.55%

I have an old dell latitude D630 laptop that has worked for a while but has on numerous occasions stopped connecting to my wifi. Messing around with it to get it to connect has worked so far but I can't figure it out this time. It's says its connected but when I pull up my browser it has the "server not found" page. I've trying restarting it, resetting the router, and disconnecting and reconnecting. I really don't know what to do.

A:My computer will not work with my wifi.

moving thread to the Networking Forum for better results.
Please click on the link Pre-posting Requirements - for both Wired and Wireless Connectivity Issues
and provide us the information.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/my-computer-will-not-work-with-my-wifi-686135.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hey everyone thanks in advance for the help.

I have already asked the IT expert at work and she cannot figure out why I am connected to the router with an Ethernet cable and I am sending like 70,000 bytes and recieving 10,000. The status says connected but when I try to access the Internet it won't go. I also can't access the server at work even though I am connected to the router and she said they are on the same network.

Also I cannot connect to the wifi at work or at my home now. This is a new problem because yesterday I was able to connect to the wifi at this apartment I'm renting in Barcelona and today I cannot.

Where do I begin to fix this problem ? I appreciate any and all help anyone here can offer.

A:Help please! I need my computer to connect to wifi again

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

And if the ipconfig is for an attempted wireless connection ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-i-need-my-computer-to-connect-to-wifi-again.1072185/
Relevancy 36.55%

My computer is connected to the interent (wifi), but it says its not. I don't know how else to explain it, so I'll just put this picture.
It's really annoying.

help?

A:Computer is connected to wifi, but it says its not?

can we see the following
Xirrus, ipconfig /all , ping tests and device manager - see below

What firewalls do you have or ever had on the PC ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-is-connected-to-wifi-but-it-says-its-not.965775/
Relevancy 36.55%

I've got a Lenovo laptop had for awhile worked fine with wifi but now it is says (The capability of your adaptor does not match the requirements of this netwok) what does that mean and what can I do to fix it please help

A:computer says not compatible with wifi wat to do

Welcome to Seven Forums,

If it was previously working try a System Restore, restore it to a point when it was working.

If that didn't work, remove all wireless profiles stored in your computer, then re-add the SSID or wireless network that you wish to be connected to and make sure that you type in the correct pass-phrase.
How to remove the existing wireless network profile in Windows 7 - Welcome to TP-LINK

An update will be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/304199-computer-says-not-compatible-wifi-wat-do.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Recently got a computer (Dell Latitude E6420) with no OS. Installed Windows 7, 32 bit system.

After that, had no drivers for wifi/etc so I installed ALL of the drivers from this page -http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/74985r1/drivers/advanced?s=bsd

Wifi is discovering my network - but not connecting when I connect. Even copied the network login stuff via USB to make sure.

Have been trying several different ways to fix this - reinstalled all the drivers, checked modem/router (work fine on this computer), plugged in Ethernet directly (doesn't work), made sure automatically establish IP was checked, etc.

Help

Relevancy 36.55%

Problem Without my wifi adapter being PHYSICALLY plugged in I hardfreeze audio loops Computer Wifi Hardfreezes Without fans spin up loudly and I autoreboot about mins into it with no BSOD I'm fine having it plugged in and just sitting offline Its the times when I'm not plugged in that it crashes I can boot into it without Computer Hardfreezes Without Wifi wifi and Computer Hardfreezes Without Wifi can go anywhere between - mins without crashing but no matter what it will lock up Things I've done Upgraded from to so I know its not windows specifically Un and Re installed drivers for wifi Ran Computer Hardfreezes Without Wifi with ethernet still crashed so I know its not lack of internet itself Googled it https www google com q pc crashes without wifi Which as I said before assumes I'm already ON wifi I have a Netgear WND xx I'll update this when I find the box I consider myself tech savy and have no problems getting my hands dirty I just want this fixed Thank you for your time

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/75930-computer-hardfreezes-without-wifi.html
Relevancy 36.55%

if i am using a wifi hotspot and someone tries to get onto my computer by hopping on the wlan and then connecting to my computer ( maybe placing a RAT on it), if i use tor, will that make it more difficult for them to see me/ get on my computer, or will it not make any difference?

Relevancy 36.55%

I set up security a password via Linksys Initially the woman not was hacked sure My am and I computer is? my if still wifi I had given the password to gave it to her son and his friend I bumped them off via Linksys telling me to quot permit quot her mac address at My wifi was hacked and I am not sure if my computer still is? quot mac filtering quot and mine only and quot enable quot it and save settings It worked because they called and were angry Several hours later I came back and the security was disabled and all three of them were on the wifi again I just am worried that the computer is still accessible even though it is no longer on the router but just the modem I downloaded TCPview and ran it and several lines started becoming red but quickly disappeared I downloaded Fport and ran it but the screen does not stay up and I am sure I would not know how to read it anyway I am very angry as these people who are telling me I am lying to them and sold them a stolen computer They are out of their minds Baring doing a ton of more work would any of you suggest taking the problem to the assistant DA I already called and was told to speak to him We have an excellent computer forensics lab in our County but he would have to refer me there and I guess to do that I would have to press charges What do you think tiggy I have the quot chat quot logs form Linksys if more specific information is needed

A:My wifi was hacked and I am not sure if my computer still is?

I think I would just find a way to block them and secure your computer.

Going the route of the legal system seems like a whole lot of trouble to go to

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/242505/my-wifi-was-hacked-and-i-am-not-sure-if-my-computer-still-is/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello all,
I have a problem with my dell 1525/ vista laptop. Whenever I turn on the wifi and use internet or chrome or Firefox, my computer freezes up and wont work. The internet stops working and I cant shut down the computer properly. I have to hold down the power button just to shut it off! any ideas of whats going on? maybe time to upgrade from vista??

Relevancy 36.55%

Hi,
Today my computer randomly won't connect to my WiFi anymore. I have never had any problems before. I have tried connecting and disconnecting with no change to the problem. It is not the networks problem as all other PC's in the house can connect to it. The computer cannot connect to any WiFi network.

Here are the specs/model:
Toshiba Satellite L850 (Laptop)
Windows 7
core i7, AMD radeon 7670m, 8 GB ram

If I click on troubleshoot it brings up a message saying:

There might be a problem with the driver for the Hamachi adapter
There might be a problem with the driver for the Local Area Connection Adapter
There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection Adapter

If I click on fix it will load for a bit but not change anything.

please help!!!

A:Computer not connecting to wifi

If it's not to inconvienent, go to a hot spot and see if it connects there. This way we can see if it's the unit or the home connection.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-not-connecting-to-wifi-675817.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I have router Tenda W R and lenovo s ideapad and been facing problems with wifi connections Wifi works and connects perfectly with my phone Iphone s but faces big problems with laptop Does not matter how many times I restart the router computer have a secured it by password open connection it constantly says quot cannot connect to this network quot where at the same time on the phone it works perfectly Laptop is months old and has been bought without windows installed wifi computer and with Problem but all the drivers are working Laptop connects to hotspot or any different wifi without a Problem with wifi and computer problem After literally h of fighting disconnecting the diveces and constant fight somehow it connects back but within h in crashes again so it is really driving me crazy I do not know if I should buy another router or change something within settings in my computer It has always been a problem with Tenda and disconnections Please help cause I am on the edge of throwing something through the window PS Problem with wifi and computer Intetnet connection is great Edited by FE to remove an unacceptable word on

A:Problem with wifi and computer

I would first try changing the wireless channel in the router (but if other connections don't drop then its probably ok.)
or just but a usb wireless dongle and disable the internal wireless card and use the dongle in the laptop

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/problem-wifi-computer-4606324/
Relevancy 36.55%

I'm on a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows I have AVG free as my active antivirus but occasionally run Malwarebytes SuperAntiSpyware Wifi computer) (only on by disconnecting lag / this itself CCleaner and Temporary File Cleaner to keep things running smoothly I've had this issue for Wifi disconnecting by itself (only on this computer) / lag a while now AVG recently picked up a few trojan viruses on a scan last week and I thought my issues would have been resolved but alas they have not Also before I begin I want to note that I'm having these issues only on this laptop even though I have another laptop computer and iPhone that I use the same wifi connection on So here's my issue I'll get on my computer and pull up Chrome I wait for the wifi to connect Sometimes it Wifi disconnecting by itself (only on this computer) / lag connects without a problem other times I sit and watch the little blue circle as it loads and loads then tells me that it was unable to connect I'll disconnect and reconnect and usually that works Whenever I'm using the internet the wifi randomly disconnects It can happen as often as every - minutes I've scanned with everything I can think of I've unplugged and restarted the modem countless times I honestly do not know what to do I don't know if this is a virus or if there's something wrong with my computer's devices or I honestly don't know what to do so please please help Thank you in advance Cassidy

A:Wifi disconnecting by itself (only on this computer) / lag

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/MiniToolBox.exeCheckmark following boxes:Flush DNSReset FF proxy SettingsReset Ie Proxy SettingsReport IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Devices (problems only)Click Go and post the result.Please download Adware cleaner from the link below.http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleanerSave it to your desktop.Right click run as admin.Hit the scan button.Allow completion.Make sure all items are ticked.Hit the clean button.Even if no items are displayed to be ticked hit the clean button anyway.The machine will reboot this is normal.Post the log in your next reply.Run the junkware removal tool in safemode post the log.http://thisisudax.org/downloads/JRT.exe

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517592/wifi-disconnecting-by-itself-only-on-this-computer-lag/
Relevancy 36.55%

I juWiFi Router, I can connect 1 computer to it, but when I try to connect another device (such as a second computer or cell phones) I get a message that the security key is a mismatch on the other devices. Is this a problem with the system, or a problem with the first computer I connected?

A:Cannot connect more than 1 computer to WiFi

Hello and good day,
That message is usally caused by you trying to connect to a different network (with the premise that you are absoluty certain that you are using the correct security key).
Make sure that you are connecting to yours; if you have given your wireless connection a unique name, you should be able to tell.
Keep us posted.
Best regards

The Cleaver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-more-than-1-computer-to-wifi.1072396/
Relevancy 36.55%

a new hp computer will come with integrated ethernet but no wireless LAN, how do I connect it to my wifi?

A:wifi connection for computer

If you are sure the tower does not have wireless already, there are two options:
1. Buy a wifi card and install it in the tower. Something like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166076
2. Buy a USB wireless adapter:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833315089
Both are just examples, there are many variations of both. The USB just plugs in to any open USB port, some people just prefer the cleaner internal installation (myself included).

My own experience is that the USB type is the least reliable, it drops the connection occasionally. Or course, YMMV.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-for-computer.1077830/
Relevancy 36.55%

My computer used to connect perfectly to wifi. Then I tried setting up an access point through my laptop, using netsh commands, and now it won't connect at all. When I boot to Ubuntu however, it works fine. How can I get Windows to connect to wifi again?

A:Computer not connecting to wifi.

With the limited information provided this is all I can do. I'd need to see a screen shot of your ipconfig/all to know more.

About the Wireless Hosted Network (Windows)

The two commands below should stop the hosted network.

netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

netsh wlan set hostednetwork [mode=]disallow

Manual hosted network set up method here.
http://www.winsupersite.com/article/...ion-wirelessly

Software for this to make it easier to set up hosted network.
http://www.connectify.me/download/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/228745-computer-not-connecting-wifi.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Recently got a computer (Dell Latitude E6420) with no OS. Installed Windows 7, 64 bit system.

After that, had no drivers for wifi/etc so I installed ALL of the drivers from this page -http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/74985r1/drivers/advanced?s=bsd

Wifi is discovering my network - but not connecting when I connect. Even copied the network login stuff via USB to make sure.

Have been trying several different ways to fix this - reinstalled all the drivers, checked modem/router (work fine on this computer), plugged in Ethernet directly (doesn't work), made sure automatically establish IP was checked, etc.

Help :(

A:New Computer - No Ethernet or Wifi?

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
-----------------------------------------
Windows Validation Data-->

Validation Code: 0
Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0xc004f012
Windows Product Key: *****-*****-QCPVQ-KHRB8-RMV82
Windows Product Key Hash: +Rj3N34NLM2JqoBO/OzgzTZXgbY=
Windows Product ID: 00359-OEM-8992687-00095
Windows Product ID Type: 2
Windows License Type: OEM SLP
Windows OS version: 6.1.7601.2.00010300.1.0.003
ID: {AD5ECC0A-3199-462F-A854-71A8662CFC01}(1)
Is Admin: Yes
TestCab: 0x0
LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Product Name: Windows 7 Home Premium
Architecture: 0x00000009
Build lab: 7601.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
TTS Error:
Validation Diagnostic:
Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
File Exists: No
WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
Office Status: 109 N/A
OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->
Proxy settings: N/A
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
Default Browser: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
Active scripting: Allowed
Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watadminsvc.exe[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\npwatweb.dll[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watux.exe[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watweb.dll[Hr = 0x80070003]

Other data-->
Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{AD5ECC0A-3199-462F-A854-71A8662CFC01}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.1.7601.2.00010300.1.0.003</OS><Architecture>x64</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-RMV82</PKey><PID>00359-OEM-8992687-00095</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3373630040-420921471-3171591597</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.</Manufacturer><Model>Latitude E6420</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>A22</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="6"/><Date>20150812000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>319D3507018400FE</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>DELL </OEMID><OEMTableID>CBX3 </OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults>

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->
Software licensing service version: 6.1.7601.17514

Name: Windows(R) 7, HomePremium edition
Description: Windo... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-computer-no-ethernet-or-wifi-1078234.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I just bought a refurbished computer, and it has been working great except that it is not connecting to unsecure networks. I'm not talking about ones I should not be using, I'm talking about public ones that you don't need a password to use. It has been working most of the time with secure networks in which a login key and password is needed. However, there have been a few times where even then it doesn't work. It'll say that the signal strength is very good or excellent, but that there is limited or no connectivity. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! Thanks!!!

Relevancy 36.55%

My printer is connected by wifi, but it says it's not now. I used it yesterday and it was connected, now it says my printer is not connected to my network. I see in the control panel that it is

A:How come the computer say my wifi is not connected?

If the computer sees the printer then it is probably fine but try printing something to be sure.If you unplug the printer, wait a minute, plug it in and press the power on and give it a moment to reconnect to the router, it should be fine after that.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-come-the-computer-say-my-wifi-is-not-connected/2075.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I own 2 laptops (both Toshiba). The older model will connect fine to the Netgear N-300 WNR 2000 & new comp will not. I finally made a new homegrp hoping that wold help, disabled firewall etc. Error I am getting is " Network cable unplugged". After I troubleshoot it sometimes allows me back online & shows me surrounding routers in the area. Why is it not even recognizing my neighbors routers 95% of the time? It isn't the comp as it works fine outside the home. Thanks for all help. Very frustrated. Can I delete and just start over and how?

A:One computer connects to WiFi & one will not.. :(

" Network cable unplugged".Click to expand...

This suggests the PC is not looking at your wireless card it is only looking for a cable connection. Does the PC have an on off switch for the wireless card, make sure it is turned on.

Power off and remove the battery. Take the wireless card out and clean the contacts with a soft rubber (up and down not from side to side) reseat the card. Replace the battery and boot up. Look in Device Manager and check that the wireless card appears under Network Adapters and does not have a yellow ? or triangle next to it. Check on line for the most up to date drivers for your operating system and then uninstall the card in Device Manager and reinstall the fresh driver. Check again for connection.

If you find no obvious errors take the wireless card from the working PC and try that in it. You will have to install a different driver if the card is not identical. If that works then I think you can assume the card is defective.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-connects-to-wifi-one-will-not.162096/
Relevancy 36.55%

I hope someone can please help me. My Asus laptop keeps losing the wifi connection when I take it to my room. The room is about 30 ft. from the modem. It seems to works fine if I am near the modem. My grandson has all sorts of thing in his room and never has a problem with the wifi.

Eileen

A:computer wifi problem

i have moved to the networking forum

can you download and install xirrus - lets then have a screen shot when its working near the router - allow the graph to run for a while

then move to room it does not work in and allow xirrus to run for a while - so we can see the graphs

take a screen shot of each

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wifi-problem.1141714/
Relevancy 36.12%

I clicked on my network icon and it will not show or connect to any show Wifi computer My connections not will of the area s wifi signals and I know that there are some in the area because I am looking at the connections that are available on my phone and there are plenty for it to be able to view it says it will only connect to Internet through the local area connection which is an ethernet cable I went to the network icon clicked it and troubleshot it and it says The quot Local Area Connection quot is experiencing driver or hardware related problems I d like for it to be able to view My computer will not show Wifi connections the connections in the area so that when I go home I can connect to my wifi and not have to get an ethernet cable I also went to the network and sharing center and tried to connect to a network but when I scanned for them it didn t show anything nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

Hello,

I have some issues with my home network. I have Macs (2 laptops and 1 desktop), iPhones (4S,5,5S), an Android (Droid Razor Max HD), an iPad (3rd gen), a Raspberry PI and a desktop PC running Windows 7. I am able to use the network very well with all devices except for the Windows 7 tower. It seems to disconnect randomly and when all other devices are working perfectly fine. I am using Comcast xfinity modem/router which works well for everything but the windows 7 PC. Any suggestions or requests for files/logs would be greatly appreciated. This has been driving me crazy. This problem appeared sometime around the end of November possibly because of an Update? I am running the latest driver for my Wifi Card (TP link 4800).  

A:Wifi dropping Windows 7 computer only

Welcome,
Which security program(s) are you running and is it current? Have you run any other scans? If so what were the results?
Keep us posted

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559777/wifi-dropping-windows-7-computer-only/
Relevancy 36.12%

I just want to say I don't know for sure whether or not I am attacked with any sort or computer? router/wifi Unreliable my of malware spyware I just feel like my wireless internet connection has gotten less reliable lately Wanting to make sure its just unreliable router isp and not my computer I have AVG on in background and I run Malwarebytes about times a month Don't pick up anything However doesn't mean something isn't Unreliable router/wifi or my computer? there DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer Run by Jay at on - - Unreliable router/wifi or my computer? Microsoft Windows Starter GMT - AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgidsagent exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Launch Manager dsiwmis exeC Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerSvc exeC Program Files Launch Manager LMutilps exeC Program Files Acer Registration GREGsvc exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Program Files Realtek Realtek PCIE Card Reader RIconMan exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuAgent exeC Program Files Acer Acer VCM RS Service exeC Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exeC Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerTray exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgui exeC Windows system igfxext exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerEvent exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Windows system conhost exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www msn commStart Page hxxp www msn commRun IAStorIcon c program files intel intel reg rapid storage technology IAStorIcon exemRun Power Management c program files acer acer epower management ePowerTray exemRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exemRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exemRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exemRun AVG UI c program files avg avg avgui exe TRAYONLYdRunOnce IsMyWinLockerReboot msiexec exe qn x voidguid uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword uPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorUser dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword mPolicies-System SynchronousUserGroupPolicy dword mPolicies-System SynchronousMachineGroupPolicy dword mPolicies-Windows System AllowBlockingAppsAtShutdown dword INFO HKCU has more than lis... Read more

A:Unreliable router/wifi or my computer?

Greetings StealthMonk and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please run this program for me.===================================================Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)--------------------Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your desktopIf you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit simply download and try one. If that doesn't run properly the other one shouldDouble click the iconClick Yes to the disclaimerClick Scan and allow the program to runClick OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it. FRST resultsAddition log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512682/unreliable-routerwifi-or-my-computer/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have just about had it with my computer, honestly. Just recently, in the past month or so, my computer has started putting my wifi into limited. For no reason. Yes, I have tried all the fixes on the main post. Yes, I've turned off the 'allow disabling' of it. It just is a mess.  Not only will it go to limited, but it will completely hard lock my computer (but only sometimes) I didn't really connect the two until recently, because I realized it always happened once the limited showed up on my wifi. I have no idea what's causing it. I've made sure it's no viruses, and I still have no clue. I really want to fix this.  Thank you.

A:Wifi constantly going out, freezing computer?

Hi @Makota,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the WiFi dropping. I will be glad to help you.Please post the full product number of your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-constantly-going-out-freezing-computer/td-p/5688338
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a Packard Bell PC, model - no 1 media 5044, windows XP and wondered if it is possible to connect to wifi with this.If it is possible what sort of equipment would I need to buy.I have very limited knowledge of computers so would need advice in very simple terms.

A:Is my computer suitable for wifi connection

you should be able to purchase a USB wireless adapter - just depends on how well it picks up the wireless signal OR how strong the wireless signal is at the desktop location

do you have a laptop you could put next to it and run xirrus to monitor the signal

heres an example (not recommendation) just examples of the device http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=430581031

this item http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edimax-EW-7...1_5?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1317901163&sr=1-5 comes with a USB cable so you can at least move the aerial around to try and pick up a good quality signal

Download and install

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-computer-suitable-for-wifi-connection.1020934/
Relevancy 36.12%

G62my computer was connecting to Wi-Fi just fine. Then I connected it to a broadband connection one with a physical cord. After that it won't recognize any wifi connection. I click the f12 but it never goes off orange. It does not give me the option to manually connect to a network. When I try to setup a new connection it only allows me the option to connect to a broadband connection. Any help at all would be highly appreciated.

A:computer won't recognize any wifi network

Hi Shakespearedaug , Please , what OS do you use?Can you use HP Support assistant to troubleshoot wifi?Can it fix it? If can't , what is the error? All the best!!! <<<-------*****Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/computer-won-t-recognize-any-wifi-network/td-p/3547969
Relevancy 36.12%

I've been trying to connect my kindle to wifi by turning my laptops wifi card into a hotspot. The kindle doesn't support peer-to-peer networks so the ad hoc option obviously failed. However two people where able to make it work on a iMac: Connecting Kindle 3 to a MacBook wifi network - kindle Discussion Forum

by configuring the kindle to these settings:
IP 10.0.2.2
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Router 10.0.2.1
DNS 10.0.2.1

Can this be done on windows 7? If not will it work if I do it on windows server 2008 r2 via creating a dhcp server?

Thank you

A:Connecting Kindle to computer wifi

hi crysis405, and welcome to sevenforums,

i've never tried doing anything like this, but the free virtual router program may help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/147031-connecting-kindle-computer-wifi.html
Relevancy 36.12%

My computer was working fine up until about 2 or 3 days ago, then it decided it no longer wanted to connect to my wireless internet. I've tried turning the wifi signal on and off on the computer, as well as resetting the wifi connection on the router box, and it still won't work. I'm not sure what additional troubleshooting steps to take because I'm really not sure why it stopped working all of sudden in the first place.   I'm running Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

A:My computer no longer connects to WiFi

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540074/my-computer-no-longer-connects-to-wifi/
Relevancy 36.12%

Running a ThinkPad t400 with its built-in wifi and a USB plugin wifi. Running Win 7 Pro 64 bit...

I need to use both wifi connections at the same time because when I publish a newsletter (for retirees) I have to connect to Stamps.com with one wifi (via a Verizon mifi hotspot), and, at the same time, to my network printer with the other (USB) wifi.

I can connect them one at a time and they work, but connecting both at once, only one works. How can I get them to work together?

Thanks,
E C Yarter

A:two simultaneous wifi connections on one computer

This wont work correctly.

Connect your printer via a cable or connect your wireless printer to your wireles hotspot (If safe to do so).
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221781-two-simultaneous-wifi-connections-one-computer.html
Relevancy 36.12%

My step mom got a brand spanking new gateway computer on Friday.. Except, it wont connect to our router. All other computers and wifi using technology connect perfectly, but this computer, for whatever reason, cannot. Her computer is the only computer in the house which is running Windows 8 - maybe that's why, but the computer CAME with windows 8. We have tried turning off the antivirus, restarting the router, restarting the computer. I dont really know what else to do... Also, even sitting RIGHT next to the router, it only gets, at the most, 2 bars in the networks screen.. Where, I can sit across the house and still have a full signal with mine. Does anyone know what to do?

(Also, we lost the disc for the router, so we cant do anything to it that requires the disc.)

Relevancy 36.12%

Hi I m trying to fix up a laptop for a friend It s a Toshiba Satellite L -S running Windows ProblemWhen I connect to computer the connection crashes Wifi a wireless network wifi the computer slows down to oblivion I don t understand I ve never seen a computer issue like this So it goes like Turn on computerEverything works fine until Connect to wifiThe computer starts slowing down Wifi connection crashes the computer seconds later freezes sometimes goes into the blue screen of death What does workThe computer works fine in Safe Mode with Networking on I can connect to wifi and the computer functions no problem in Safe Mode What I ve triedI ve tried uninstalling downloading and installing the wireless driver for this computer I ran Avast and Malwarebyte full scans on both It detected some things and I deleted quarantined them No change in the problem So I have no idea what s wrong Maybe it s a hardware issue But computer works fine with wireless on in Safe Mode so I don t think so If it s a software issue not sure what to do Please help Thanks Not sure where this post would belong so posting on Windows forum section Please redirect if needed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480460/wifi-connection-crashes-the-computer/
Relevancy 36.12%

My computer is processing slow as hell these days and today i checked my router gateway when the speed of net was really slow , I found that my wifi password was hacked and there were around 6 users using it while i only use it on my pc and phone and no one else actually knows the password. Someone RAT me ? or something else?

A:Slow computer / Hacked Wifi / What to do

Did you change your password since?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607171/slow-computer-hacked-wifi-what-to-do/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi All I just got a new computer and it s wifi connectivity is significantly worse than the computer it is replacing I ll do my best to post the relevant specs of both computers New Laptop -Msi Gt R -Windows - Intel i - QM - GB RAM - bit operating system - Intel Centrino Wireless-N Wireless Adapter - Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Also listed under network adapters Old Laptop -Dell D -Windows - Intel Dual Core T - GB RAM - bit operating system - Intel Pro Wireless ABG Network Connection I ran speedtest net for both computers from the same place in my house and got these results New Laptop Ping - ms Download - mbps Upload New connectivity Computer atrocious has wifi - mbps New Computer has atrocious wifi connectivity Old Laptop Ping - ms Download - mbps Upload - mbps I ve tried updating the drivers for the new laptop and it says everything is up to date so I m confused as to why it s so mind numbingly slow Any suggestions Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

I would like disable/uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on my wireless card.

The problem is that it lets me uncheck it, but after rebooting it comes back again.

I have seen posts about this using google, but none of them have been answered.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks

A:Can't disable my computer from turning off WiFi

You'll likely need to create an entire power plan of your own.
That's the best way around this.

Windows 7 Ultimate not saving some High Performance power plan - Microsoft Answers

it's actually what microsoft suggests as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243979-cant-disable-my-computer-turning-off-wifi.html
Relevancy 36.12%

So my computer has been extremely slow for the past couple of weeks. So I decided that I was going to do a wipe on the hardrive and when I was about to restore it to its factory settings, I saw that I could just refresh my computer which would keep my files but uninstall just about everything.

As of now, my computer can't connect to the Internet, I've resetted my router and I've even connected my computer to the router by the Ethernet cord.

I don't know what to do.

A:Can't connect to Wifi after Computer Resfresh

If you're still planning to refresh or restore to factory settings go ahead and do that and see if networking then works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-wifi-after-computer-resfresh.1151480/
Relevancy 36.12%

My computer will connect to my Wifi, but my scanner and phone will not. I see my network on the list on both devices, but nothing happens when I try to connect. I've tried restarting everything, including the modem, to no avail. Got any suggestions?

A:Computer connecting to Wifi, but no other devices

WHats the make and model number of the router? What type of encryption are you using on the WiFi? WPA, WPA2, WES? try disabling the encryption and then try to connect the other devices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-connecting-to-wifi-but-no-other-devices.1101366/
Relevancy 36.12%

How to see other computer(s) in a free wifi spot area?
The case:
We have here 2 laptops (Win8) side by side in free wifi spot . I know that in such spots, for safety purposes I have to set my laptop not to share and mine is set accordingly?

But how can I see the other laptop next to mine on my own screen?
It is my mom?s brand new laptop. It is not set for safe hot spot browsing by default
so, I should be able to see it?but how?

So, question is how to set my laptop to show my mom?s laptop sitting next to mine? I believe something must be set in control panels, perhaps?
A good how-to-do tip will be appreciated!

(I am not very strong in tech matters,sorry...)

Thank you all in advance !

A:How to see other computer(s) in a free wifi spot, please?

You never will, due to how they are set up. Now if it is a private wifi Hotspot in a home.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/48493-how-see-other-computer-s-free-wifi-spot-please.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I purchased this laptop earlier today and have not been able to detect and connect to my personal wifi nbsp I have another non HP personal computer not detecting New WIFI laptop which currently does not and has not had wifi connectivity issues My phone is also able to connect to my wifi without issue nbsp I've gone through every option in the common fixes for wireless connectivity issues thread and was not able to detect my network but have been able to detect every single one of my neighbors' networks nbsp I've also tried alternating channels on my router changing the wireless band frequency from Hz to Hz uninstalling and reinstalling the network drivers nbsp On two occassions I was able to detect my network but after I typed in my password it said I was unable to connect to this network and then my network would no longer show up nbsp New computer not detecting personal WIFI nbsp nbsp I'm New computer not detecting personal WIFI at a loss here I'm very tempted to just return this laptop and buy a different brand nbsp Help would be appreciated nbsp Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/New-computer-not-detecting-personal-WIFI/td-p/5660627
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi Guys I have the free version of cyberghost and I was trying to connect to :( Computer's WiFi My stopped working a server Because i had a free account i have to wait until there are spots left while it was in that stage i tried to close it there was no close button on it so i shut it down using task manager it was around that time when the internet stopped working It still showed that i was connected to the WiFi network and it also shows that i have internet access from it I went onto another computer and tried to access the internet My Computer's WiFi stopped working :( it worked just fine I also tried connecting it through Ethernet it still didn't work I restarted my computer My Computer's WiFi stopped working :( and I uninstalled the vpn drive My Computer's WiFi stopped working :( tap vpn When i try to access the internet on chrome it says quot server took too long to respond quot i also ran the network diagnostics and it says no errors I have absolutely no idea what is going on Pls Help slickboss

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/58442-my-computers-wifi-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 36.12%

As title says, my wifi works fine on my laptop but won't work on my computer. This hasn't been an issue previously but I moved house and now can't get on. I've tried two different dongles, changing the channel my router goes on and a new router. The computer connects and says it has internet access but then whenever I try and load a webpage it just keeps loading and never actually brings up the page. Also tried a few ipconfig (flushdns, release and renew) through cmd as I was instructed to by a friend - but now can't think of anything else. Also, it has three out of 5 bars of strength but sometimes when I switch the computer on it doesn't even detect the network at all.

Any help?

Relevancy 36.12%

My friend has Vista (Woe is her). Recently when she either tries to connect or tries to change the website she gets a message that the sie cannot be found, or similar. if she presses the site again, it comes comes. Her connection to the router is excellent (5 bars) and shows no sign of disconnect.

A:Computer cuts off connection to wifi

Hello, have your friend do the usual procedures in these cases, clear out the browser's history and cookies, and clear the DNS cache (from the command line: ipconfig /flushdns) and see if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-cuts-off-connection-to-wifi.1133254/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have two computers: a desktop with no WiFi (Ethernet only) and a laptop (Ethernet and WiFi).

Using Ethernet on both computers I am able to see and share files both ways and all works perfectly. Using WiFi on the laptop I can connect with the desktop machine but not the other way around.

The diagnostics on the desktop computer report "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer. Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing." I've tried all the standard methods to resolve this issue but nothing works. In any case, surely if this were the problem I wouldn't be able to use the Ethernet connection and the laptop wouldn't see my desktop machine?

Disabling the Kaspersky antivirus/firewall makes no difference.

At wit's end! Can anybody help?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/46721-cannot-connect-network-computer-via-wifi.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I've got wireless internet which I access on two laptops and an ipod touch.

Recently, on the ipod touch I have been able to browse for a while then the internet stops loading pages. It shows I am still connected but I have to turn off the WIFI and then turn it back on again and reconnect and everything is ok for a while.

Now it is starting to happen on one of the Windows XP Home laptops.

I browse for a while, then pages stop loading. I am still connected. If I turn the WIFI adapter on the laptop off then on again and reconnect I can surf for a while.

During the period I cannot surf on the laptop I can on the ipod so there is a live connection beyond the router.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Relevancy 35.69%

Hi!
I have wire ADSL connection. I want share my internet connection with my phone (Android) using WiFi. I think its useless thing change my ADSL router. So are there any devise to distribute my Desktop computer internet connection via WiFi using USB port? Like Bluetooth dongle.

Thanks!

A:How to share computer Internet connection as WiFi?

I'm doing exactly that right now I have a Realtek USB WiFi 'dongle' (it says Dynamode 11N USB Adapter on it, but it uses Realtek stuff). The internet gets to my computer via my old phone, tethered via USB. It then goes through the computer and out the USB wireless adapter to my newer phone and iPod as WiFi.
I'm afraid I don't know the exact model of mine, but it looks just like this. (In Devices and Printers it shows up as RTL8188S WLAN Adapter). I just installed the drivers and bit of software, then in the software clicked on the 'Mode' tab, wher I could switch it from 'Station' to 'Access Point'. I could then choose which internet connection into the PC that it shared, set up a WEP key etc. and then share the connection throughout the house.
hope I helped

(I'm pretty sure the one in the link is the one I have, as it looks identical and they don't list any other similar items)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/198062-how-share-computer-internet-connection-wifi.html
Relevancy 35.69%

iverMY PRODUCT HP 2000-2D28TU AND WIFI DRIVE DOSE NOT WORKING PREVIOUS DRIVER LOST AND NOW I RUN THROUGH HP.COM SUPPORT SOFTWARE AND dr

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/MY-COMPUTER-DOES-NOT-WORKING-WIFI-DRIVER-AND-RUN-MY-SYSTEM/td-p/5793606
Relevancy 35.69%

My Sharing via ethernet connection to computer a WiFi another ISP provides service only via I use laptop A most of the time The captive portal for the service provider only allows one login per account at a time The policy is intended to prevent multiple people sharing one account It's just me I'm the only user but very occasionally I'd like to have a nd laptop access Sharing a WiFi connection to another computer via ethernet the internet simultaneously No abuse just the simple convenience of not having to logout from A if I need to use B for seconds What I want to set up seems simple and it probably is WiFi Internet lt --- gt Laptop A lt --- gt ethernet cable lt --- gt Laptop B such that Laptop B can share A's active WiFi connection without having to request its own unique address from the ISP At present Laptop A has its network interfaces set up so - WiFi is connected active functional Selected the quot Yes turn on sharing and connect to devices quot in sidebar - Under the wired network properties IP Version I manually set addresses to be IP Subnet Gateway Laptop B has only a wired network set to IP Subnet Gateway A amp B can connect directly to each other share folders etc What do I need to do in order to get laptop B to transparently use A's WiFi connection My guess is that A needs to be set up to do some routing between the internet side and the subnet and B needs to be set up to look to A as its quot ISP quot but I don't know where to begin Thank you

A:Sharing a WiFi connection to another computer via ethernet

What you want is to be able to create an ad hoc connection wirelessly. You may want to look into this post and see if this solves your problem however please note that it may not work due to your ethernet connection in between though I am not entirely sure since I have not tried this...

How To Create Wireless Ad Hoc Internet Connection In Windows 8

Note
You will need a crossover cat5e or cat6 ethernet cable if you are connecting two computers together

Hope This Helps,
Josh!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26707-sharing-wifi-connection-another-computer-via-ethernet.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello For a while my laptop has been quite erratic Whilst I was writing a text document in open office it came computer lost connection. wifi Erratic now has which up with a warning saying that a trojan was trying to download but it seemed to be my Avast saying that it was infact the virus Everything started flashing desktop text document etc then the screen went blue no writing I had to use 'control alt delete' to be able to close down but it was 'closing down' for about mins so I had to close with the button I got a lot of warnings one after the other about a trojan trying to install itself When I shut down the blue screen with Erratic computer which has now lost wifi connection. the whirling donut takes forever After about mins I usually just have to press the power button to turn off I can continue working on-line even when the desktop has disappeared As soon as I go to the desktop I Erratic computer which has now lost wifi connection. lose everything and have to hard restart I get the warning messages constantly Then I lost the wifi connection I am at home using my own router and all my other devices are working fine It is picking it up showing bars and saying it is connected and I have internet access but will not go onto Erratic computer which has now lost wifi connection. any Internet Chrome says DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET When I ran troubleshooting on the wifi connection the the problem found was ' the remote device or resource won't accept the connection' I have tried to create a new wifi connection with my router but didn't manage to do that I tried to do a system restore but it failed I also tried to restore to factory settings but after 'preparing' it said 'insert media Some files are missing your windows installation or recovery media will provide these files' I am running now with the wired LAN connection Is there anything you can advise please If I go ahead and upgrade to W will everything reset again Thanks in advance Jan

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/73013-erratic-computer-has-now-lost-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 35.69%

My laptop is the only computer in the house with slow wifi speeds, thinking it was a problem with the computer itself, I restored it. The problem persists. I connected to another network I found, and everything was fine. I tried restarting the router, nothing. Put my other laptop in the same area to check for interference, works fine. so why is it only my computer and only on my connection? Any help is appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-the-only-computer-having-slow-wifi-issues.1023678/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a tiny wireless piece from realtek that my dad had bought This piece was working fine up until recently I had built my own tower and put the piece in there from our old one All has been working up until now Now when I turn on my new tower the wifi connects but does not work No browsers load and none of my services are working It also messes up the wifi connection for the other devices around My sibling will be using their laptop playing something like WoW and when I power load connects Computer wifi not to browsers but does up my tower the lag hits Computer connects to wifi but does not load browsers From time to time it will drop my laptop's internet connection entirely However this is not the case recently The router we use is a linksys e Every now and then the pages load but they are slow and blocky My dad says it is usually caused by a loss of packets but I did the packet test in cmd and only had a loss I am not tech savvy and my dad is not here to help so I have come here hoping someone has a solution

A:Computer connects to wifi but does not load browsers

Hey mate,

This tutorial is for Windows 7, but works for 8.x also: Internet Troubleshooting Guide - Windows 7 Help Forums

Also, go to the manufacturer's website of the device that connects to your computer (internet adapter), and see about installing the latest driver for your computer type. If you need help further, consider updating your system specs: System Information - View About your Windows 8 PC

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/41530-computer-connects-wifi-but-does-not-load-browsers.html
Relevancy 35.69%

My laptop is the only computer in the house with slow wifi speeds, thinking it was a problem with the computer itself, I restored it. The problem persists. I connected to another network I found, and everything was fine, so why is it only my computer and only on my connection? Any help is appreciated.

A:My laptop the only computer having slow wifi issues?

This seems to be an issue with your router.

Try tuning off your computer. Unplug your modem and router wait a minute or so.

Plug in the modem and router wait till all lights stabilize.

Startup your computer and see how your connection is then.
Is your wifi though the router encrypted with WEP or WPA? If not someone outside can be stealing your connection causing slow speeds.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-the-only-computer-having-slow-wifi-issues-607998.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I purchased a new ASUS laptop a couple of days ago and have been trying to use the hotel wifi where I am staying to do the various updates and installs that new computers require. Unfortunately, while I can connect to my tethered cell phone, I cannot connect to the hotel.

I have another computer on hand that has no difficulties connecting to the hotel wifi, so I know the problem is in the new computer somewhere.

Network adapter is a Broadcom 802.11ac

Actions so far:

Updated Windows 8.1 to current
Attempted to reinstall drivers (uninstalling first) - Drivers are up to date and identical to the ones on manufacturer's site.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

A:New computer - unable to connect to public wifi

The problem is not with the computer or Windows 8.

There are many routers that are not compatible with the new 802.11ac standard. It's unlikely that a hotel will update the firmware on the router for you which may help but in many cases a new ac router will be required.

Try using another n type adaptor, USB perhaps.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47905-new-computer-unable-connect-public-wifi.html
Relevancy 35.69%

So I am going to connect my Windows laptop to my school wifi. Is this unsafe? If some other student has a virus on their computer could it travel to mine without me doing anything? I have avg antivirus free and Windows firewall on and I will set it to public. Does Windows firewall stop people from connecting to my laptop? Any ways thanks for all the answers!

A:Can a virus transfer to my computer from someone else's over a wifi network?

Yes & yes, but make sure your Windows machine is patched too.

FYI: there are also Wifi networks that are configured to isolate each client. Clients can not communicate with each other in such Wifi networks. You coul ask your school's IT admin if Wifi clients are isolated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613160/can-a-virus-transfer-to-my-computer-from-someone-elses-over-a-wifi-network/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a laptop and a mobile with WIfi. How to get files from the laptop to the mobile using the Wifi facility?

Please advise me. Thank you.

A:How to send files from computer to mobile via wifi?

Try reading the mobile's user manual. Maybe there will be hints or even instructions in it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-send-files-from-computer-to-mobile-via-wifi.978959/
Relevancy 35.69%

I don't have a wireless router but I have mobile broadband by 3 and I'm wondering whether I could use it from my computer and sort of create a wireless access point using my laptop. Just wondering whether this is possible?

A:Possible to put mobile broadband into computer then play ds on wifi?

Quote: Originally Posted by offscott

I don't have a wireless router but I have mobile broadband by 3 and I'm wondering whether I could use it from my computer and sort of create a wireless access point using my laptop. Just wondering whether this is possible?

Can we get some more info on your network setup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/168442-possible-put-mobile-broadband-into-computer-then-play-ds-wifi.html
Relevancy 35.69%

My Belkin wireless adapter sometimes shuts off when the computer is put to sleep (Win 7 64). This does not occur with other adapters. If I disconnect it manually and replug it in (or reboot), it shows up again.

Relevancy 35.69%

Hello Techs I've been having an issue with my computer for a few months now I'm home Wifi at computer freezes but NOToffice. quite capable of handling computers and repairs but this has me stumped I have no issues connecting to the wireless internet at my office It's tied directly to the company server so that's no surprise While using Holiday Inn's internet this is also NO problem When I'm at my house it's another story If I boot my computer with wifi shutoff and ethernet disconnected the computer Wifi freezes computer at home but NOToffice. runs just fine When I engage the Wifi freezes computer at home but NOToffice. WIFI or connect the ethernet the computer becomes non-responsive The curse still moves but nothing is opening closing clearing off the screen When I ctrl alt del click task manager my desktop image appears but NO windows tool bar nor task manager appears Not only does this occur on my home wifi but my girlfriends parent's house and at an official Google job site It may also be worth mentioning that when coming back from a hibernation the black screen with the load bar on the bottome quot resuming windows quot it loads about and stops never loading the rest I've waited hours before NOTHING My initial thoughts where that the Symmantec Endpoint Security had blocked certain router IP addresses and was causing the freezes But this didn't seem to be the issue since my company deleted the Symmanted software and installed McAfee to fix my issue To sum it up I can connect to wifi at my office and holiday inn express BUT NOT at my home other private networds nor the Google jobsite wifi My Smmantec Norton Enpoint Security was removed and replaced with McAfee Security My laptop is an HP ProBook b running Windows XP with service pack I have my DxDiag report attached for additional information

A:Wifi freezes computer at home but NOToffice.

Download and update the Chipset, Ethernet and Wireless adapter driver for your computer From the HP drivers site for your model: HP ProBook 6460b Notebook PC*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-freezes-computer-at-home-but-notoffice-685424.html
Relevancy 35.69%

It's been happening since this morning. I tried with the Troubleshoot problems, at first it said that I didn't had a valid IP, now it says that it couldn't identify the problem. Any suggestions?
And if you are wondering the modem it's this one: http://www.arrisi.com/products/product.asp?id=643

A:WiFi works, Internet on the computer dosen't

Is this the only PC that will not connect - do other devices connected work OK

Please make a note of the status of the lights on the modem/router - post that light status here.

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc

do a power cycle - see how below

lets see the following please

ipconfig /all

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

How to power cycle

&#8220;power cycle&#8221; process to reboot or reset the modem/router

Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
Wait at least 1 to 5 minutes,
Plug the power cords back in, but don&#8217;t switch them on.
First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Next switch on the router (if a separate device) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-works-internet-on-the-computer-dosent.1084781/
Relevancy 35.69%

The wifi setup went pretty seamlessly on the new HP desktop computer but now that it is connected to the main household network the computer wifi internet connection on the new computer is either at bars bars out of or it goes off entirely Pretty frustrating to be downloading something full blast and all the sudden the internet connection just drops An older Laptop in the same room as the new computer does not have this issue Laptop has bars all the time with no droppage Its just the new HP desktop I have a quot guest quot user setting too that when used on this new HP computer has the same issue bars then after about minutes it drops off I am thinking it problem......Either Off?? computer Solved: New 4 bars wifi or might be something to do with the settings on the new computer but not sure Solved: New computer wifi problem......Either 4 bars or Off?? where to change things Things I have tried The powersaving and screensaver settings - all are Solved: New computer wifi problem......Either 4 bars or Off?? set to put all to sleep after hour The home network was added using the right password The router is fairly new and the modem too It makes no difference if all other wifi connected items are being used at the same time or not At all times day or night the same issues Can t think of anything else Any ideas on what I should do next I don t want to use a wifi extender because I have heard it slows everything down a lot And I hate to move the router to the new computer because the wifi works fine all over our house except for this one bedroom nbsp

A:Solved: New computer wifi problem......Either 4 bars or Off??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-computer-wifi-problem-either-4-bars-or-off.1105067/
Relevancy 35.69%

I went to McDonalds two month's ago and my computer went crazy and got realy slow. I have tried to use it several times since and the click delay is terrible. I'll type a word then wait after the first letter appears on the sreen for about 10 sec then the rest of the word appears. During that 10 seconds my computer is locked up.

I Ray Malwarebytes, AVG, Eset the found a couple issues but that did not fix the computer. I then ran ComboFix and it would not run. I downloaded a new version and only #49 completed. It usually runs 50 scans. Now it will only run #49. I tried additional downloads of ComboFix and it will not run. Also the cursor jumps to other parts of a page when typing online or in a program.

Help,
yarlac

A:Slow Computer attacked at wifi in McDonald's

Since you ran Combofix....Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450635/slow-computer-attacked-at-wifi-in-mcdonalds/
Relevancy 35.69%

It's always happened, at least ever since we upgraded his computer to windows 10, and then upgraded our internet from AT&T to cox (about a month ago).

My mom runs an old refurbished vista computer and I have an inspiron Windows 7 computer. Literally all he has to do is turn his machine on and the internet shuts off and reboots itself.

Does anyone have any idea why this is?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. My mom works at home and she would appreciate being able to work in peace without disruption.

A:Brother's computer reboots the wifi when turned on

moving to malware thread!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brothers-computer-reboots-the-wifi-when-turned-on.1158115/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi there I recently got my laptop fixed after it being out of commission for about a year it turns out there was just too much dust collecting in it and when I got home and tried to connect to my wifi network I didn t have internet not wifi Computer network home identify does access I received a message that said I had sucessfully connected to my network but it was only a local connection - no internet It also shows up as quot Unidentified Network quot This is peculiar to me because my boyfriend s laptop is able to connect to the internet wirelessly just fine and I Computer does not identify home wifi network am currently using the wifi on my iPhone I ran the ipconfig and several ping tests in cmd and used a wifi inspector Windows IP Configuration Host Name owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - E- C- D- - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fd c a e e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday January AM Lease Expires Thursday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-F - -BF- - B- -EC- B- A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - B- -EC- B- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A E B - F - B-B E - BE A B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A F C F- ECB- F - DCB- A D br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Meow gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Meow gt ping google com Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again C Users Meow gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Meow gt nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

Damn progs Computer freezing on. Help! is run or multiple when wifi its really hard to type serious business on an iPad Please pardon missing commas etc Computer freezing when multiple progs run or wifi is on. Help! Okay so sometime between friday and today something got in to my computer Win or activated on my computer I havent really been at it until this morning I finally was able to get a full scan done on Microsoft Home Essentials its what it came with and nothing was found I was able to get a quickscan on Malwarebytes and it didnt find remove anything of use I tried to do a full scan but an hour or so in it froze and died again I'm trying that again now The moment I enable the wifi the comp lasts a few moments then the cursor moves but nothing else responds I can tell when the clock stops advancing Safe mode has things going a bit easier but doesnt get around the problem I cant see anything in task manager because of the freezing I can launch firefox when wifi is off but if I turn it on and go to a page it chokes and the system freezes IE doesnt even manage that I dont have Chrome to see how it fares Can anyone help a frustrated student with suggestions I've exhausted my own abilities Thanks so much in advance

A:Computer freezing when multiple progs run or wifi is on. Help!

I just got this problem on 2x Win7 and 2x Win8 machines today.

All happened within 1 hour. Works fine in safe mode but multiple freezes in normal.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506513/computer-freezing-when-multiple-progs-run-or-wifi-is-on-help/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello For a while my laptop has been quite erratic Whilst I was writing a text document in open office lost connection. Erratic which now wifi computer has it came up Erratic computer which has now lost wifi connection. with a warning saying that a trojan was trying to download but it seemed to be my Avast saying that Erratic computer which has now lost wifi connection. it was Erratic computer which has now lost wifi connection. infact the virus Everything started flashing desktop text document etc then the screen went blue no writing I had to use 'control alt delete' to be able to close down but it was 'closing down' for about mins so I had to close with the button I got a lot of warnings one after the other about a trojan trying to install itself When I shut down the blue screen with the whirling donut takes forever After about mins I usually just have to press the power button to turn off I can continue working on-line even when the desktop has disappeared As soon as I go to the desktop I lose everything and have to hard restart I get the warning messages constantly Then I lost the wifi connection I am at home using my own router and all my other devices are working fine It is picking it up showing bars and saying it is connected and I have internet access but will not go onto any Internet Chrome says DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET When I ran troubleshooting on the wifi connection the the problem found was ' the remote device or resource won't accept the connection' I have tried to create a new wifi connection with my router but didn't manage to do that I tried to do a system restore but it failed I also tried to restore to factory settings but after 'preparing' it said 'insert media Some files are missing your windows installation or recovery media will provide these files' I am running now with the wired LAN connection Is there anything you can advise please If I go ahead and upgrade to W will everything reset again Thanks in advance Jan

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/73013-erratic-computer-has-now-lost-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey So I'm kinda freaking out about this because this is my dad's really expensive touchscreen laptop that's broken Earlier I was using it I had four tabs open on chrome one Permanently WIFI After Computer Help Disconnected Crashed. playing music and had just started downloading a reliable copy of a movie There is no way that the download could have had bugs I checked thorough like fifty of the comments and all praised it on being a clean high definition copy I was about to download something else again with shining reviews and the computer just started freaking out At this point I had chrome open four tabs still utorrent and another window on the file i was downloading so again utorrent To begin with the computer froze still playing the music so I pressed start and nothing happened when it unfroze it went into the blank start screen I pressed start again and eventually the background appeared long story short it kept doing that with the music still playing so I turned it off When I turned it on again it spent a few minutes downloading updates After that was done i opened chrome only to find that there was no Internet connection Usually it connects right off the bat I opened networks and this is what I see Attachment Okay so the off button was and is grey it does not react to me clicking on it nor does it do anything Please help me and please do it now My father with kill me if I've broken this

A:WIFI Permanently Disconnected After Computer Crashed. Help

No need to post Twice, I would check device manager I'm betting that our WiFi driver is corrupted you can uninstall it from Device manager then refresh and see if the new driver doesn't work better for you. If that doesn't work you'll need to go to manufactures support web site and download the latest driver for your notebook and install that.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/69657-wifi-permanently-disconnected-after-computer-crashed-help.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a computer running Windows Server 2003 that i would like to connect to my computer running Windows 7 ultimate. i have done everything it says to in the videos and tutorials but i cannot get the server to connect to the internet. i can connect to it via remote desktop but it cannot connect to the internet nor can any other computers on my network see the server only the Windows 7 PC that the server is connected to. Please Help!!!

FYI - I have the win server 2003 connected to the Win 7 computer via Ethernet and i set up saring on the win 7 computer but it still cannot connect to the internet.

A:How can i share the wifi on my Win 7 computer with a server 2003?

Have you tried Bridging the connections?

It works for me, my Windows 7 getting internet wirelessly from router, my pc is ethernet connected to the Windows 7 and i bridge the two connection and works. If you Windows 7 is LAN connected to you router/modem tri bridging the two LAN connections as i don't have two LANs to test sorry.

Btw, you won't need ICS in this case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190159-how-can-i-share-wifi-my-win-7-computer-server-2003-a.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello, I am having troubles connecting my laptop to my wireless router. Currently, I am hardwired to my internet (totally defeating the purpose of having a laptop...). My computer sees the network, but when I try to connect it, it says "UNABLE TO CONNECT", yet I can connect to other networks... All the other computers in the house along with game consoles connected just fine once I put in our password. My patience is running low on this issue. Please help!

A:Computer REFUSES to connect to home wifi.

Were you able to connect before that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-refuses-to-connect-to-home-wifi.1068838/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello all,
I have an HP hardwired pc and a Dell wifi lappy.

My question: How can I connect the 2 computers so they can see each other, share files, etc.

Thanks in advance!
The ox

Relevancy 35.69%

Hello,

For the last few months the wifi needs to be manually re-connected each and every time I open my laptop screen or wake the computer up from sleep.

In the past it did this automatically. If I was connected, I would leave my computer, wake it back up and it would re-connect to the usual network I use.

Now, it does not.

I have turned off the function "turn off wifi connection to conserve energy" - actually that was never even activated.

Any ideas? Or is this just the way it has to be from now on?

Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62007-wifi-needs-connected-each-time-i-wake-computer.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi,
I am having trouble getting an HP laptop to automatically connect to our home wifi. It won't connect either on start up nor after it has woken from sleep mode. Both times it has to be manually connected.
I have checked the 'automatically connect' in the wireless networks properties box but it seems to uncheck itself after it shuts down.
This is the 2nd router that it won't connect to whereas all the other wireless computers etc we have have no problem connecting to the router
If someone would be kind enough to suggest a fix I would be much appreciative.
Thanks.

A:Computer not automatically connecting to home wifi.

Quote: Originally Posted by cammac78

Hi,
I am having trouble getting an HP laptop to automatically connect to our home wifi. It won't connect either on start up nor after it has woken from sleep mode. Both times it has to be manually connected.
I have checked the 'automatically connect' in the wireless networks properties box but it seems to uncheck itself after it shuts down.
This is the 2nd router that it won't connect to whereas all the other wireless computers etc we have have no problem connecting to the router
If someone would be kind enough to suggest a fix I would be much appreciative.
Thanks.

You said that you "manually connect it". What do you do?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/213374-computer-not-automatically-connecting-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I am facing a strange problem with same Internet 2nd working computer wifi network not with my internet connection on Windows I have a netgear WNR wifi router and two laptops connected to it running Windows on first and Windows on second The connection in Windows laptop shows sufficient signal strength but when I try to access internet it does only shows connecting I have changed browsers wifi router adsl router released and reconnected IP address forgot and re-added wifi network reset wifi router to factory almost everything The strange part is that as soon as the other Windows laptop is disconnected from the network Windows internet start working fine I have tested this many times and there is no doubt in this behavior I dont know whether the problem is in any update installed on Windows the older Dell Wireless wifi card or some virus in the other Windows laptop Can someone please help me Going bonkers here My ipconfig output Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address F -B -E - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address -B -E - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E F ast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - -C -B -E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless b g n GHz Physical Internet not working with 2nd computer same wifi network Address F -B -E - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f b e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday July PM Lease Expires Monday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -AC- A-FE-F -B -E - - E- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Note that I have assigned preferred IP addresses to both laptops based on MAC Thanks a lot

A:Internet not working with 2nd computer same wifi network

Hi rachit27 and welcome to Eight Forums,
There must be a hotspot utility running on it. You'll have to find it and turn it off. This type of utility lets you share your internet connection with other devices. It basically turns your laptop into a wireless router/repeater. There is likely an Icon for it in the notifications area down next to the clock on the taskbar. I'd look there first.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/49991-internet-not-working-2nd-computer-same-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I purchased a new HP Windows 7 laptop for my wife to take to France and England. The computer works perfectly here in the US! I have Microsoft Security Essentials running on it. All software and drivers are up to date.

Over there when she trys to browse the Internet using the hotels' WiFi she gets a message about certificates being expired. I assume this is the website's certificate. But she says no websites can be accessed.

So I was wondering if anyone here has any ideas as to what could be the problem/issue?

Thanks in advance.

A:New computer will not access European WiFi networks

This can actually be caused by a million things. One of which is the date and time on the computer being wrong.
She could try setting the timezone/region on the machine to match her current location if she hasn't already.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184267-new-computer-will-not-access-european-wifi-networks.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I have 2 computers, an OsX Mac, and a HP PC. They are both connected to the same router, however my HP continuously looses WIFI internet connection every few minutes, while my Mac dosen't falter.

I am using a Microsoft USB Adapter (Model MN-510) to connect the HP. It is running Windows 8.
Using the Network Diagnostic, the HP will 'repair' the problem...but it just looses connection after a few minutes yet again.

I am connected to my University's network. (So I can't make router changes)

Any help or ideas?
Thanks.

Also, sorry if I left out any needed info, just let me know.

Relevancy 35.69%

I have a perfectly running PC and a working wireless adapter but funny thing is that my home wifi cant be detected while neighbor's wifi are listed down. The problem occur whenever I send my PC to repair, after the whole process when I want to get my PC connected to the internet but just cant. It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters, I dont want to keep buying new wireless adapters just to search for my own wifi. My other devices worked fine with my home wifi as I am typing this on my Iphone instead because my PC cant detect my own wifi !!!!!! VERY FURIOUS.

thanks for reading and i really hope for an answer as soon as possible because i just wana dota on my new PC.. please help me.

A:Wifi adapter can detect other wifi but not my own wifi

It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters,Click to expand...

has that resoved the issue or not
it maybe the signal is broadcasting on channel 12/13

can you connect the pc directly to the router with a cable and then
Download and install
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
Do NOT use any of the download managers offered - Cnet , just use the direct link below - and click on the download button
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8 & 10
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool
(From the Windows 8 Start Screen, or windows 10 Search, type "snip" and press enter)
(From windows 10 - All Apps>Windows Accessories>Snipping Tool
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter-can-detect-other-wifi-but-not-my-own-wifi.1156359/
Relevancy 35.26%

There's an unsecured wifi in my neighbourhood that keeps automaticly connecting no matter what I did until I applied a wifi block filter the computer has also been increasingly acting stranger and I've gotten attack warnings in my firewall log I've tried multiple scanners but all of them funky unsecured after wifi connection acting My computer turn up empty I suspect my svchost exe might be compromised because it sends multiple port requests per second which luckily gets blocked by my firewall I'd really appreciate if you could have a look I hope I'm just being paranoid Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Inalienable administrator on HIDDENTRUTHS on - - Running from C Users Inalienable Desktop Loaded Profiles Inalienable Available Profiles Inalienable amp DefaultAppPool Platform Windows X OS Language Norsk bokm l Norge Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included My computer acting funky after unsecured wifi connection in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation My computer acting funky after unsecured wifi connection C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe C Program Files x ASUS AXSP atkexComSvc exe BullGuard Ltd C Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BullGuardBhvScanner exe BullGuard Ltd C Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BullGuardScanner exe BullGuard Ltd C Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BullGuardUpdate exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dasHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe iS Inc C Program Files x STOPzilla SZServer exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v Windows Communication Foundation SMSvcHost exe ThreatTrack Security Inc C Program Files x STOPzilla SBAMSvc exe iS Inc C Program Files x STOPzilla STOPzilla exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System SkyDrive exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe BullGuard Ltd C Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BullGuard exe BullGuard Ltd C Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard Files Spamfilter LittleHook exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System GWX GWX exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System SettingSyncHost exe CobianSoft Luis Cobian C Program Files x Cobian Backup cbVSCService exe Luis Cobian CobianSoft C Program Files x Cobian Backup Cobian exe Luis Cobian CobianSoft C Program Files x Cobian Backup cbInterface exe VS Revo Group C Program Files VS Revo Group Revo Uninstaller Pro RevoUninPro exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Adobe Systems Incorporated C Windows System Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run RTHDVCPL gt C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run NvBackend gt C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe - - NVIDIA Corporation HKLM Run ShadowPlay gt C windows system rundll exe C windows system nvspcap dll ShadowPlayOnSystemStart... Read more

A:My computer acting funky after unsecured wifi connection

C:\Users\Inalienable\AppData\Local剜捯獫慴⁲慇敭屳呇⁁屖湥楴汴浥湥⹴湩潦 seems to be out of Place atleast.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578743/my-computer-acting-funky-after-unsecured-wifi-connection/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi All,

Recently i have upgraded my wifi card in my laptop to allow for the Intel Widi functionality that my tv has. prior to installing this my pc would boot in about 15 seconds as i've also recently installed a SSD.

However since installing this wifi card (Intel ac 7260) on windows 7 x64 i have encountered numerous problems. The first few reboots after installation were kind of slow and i thought this would be the computer installing files etc to deal with the new hardware however this is not the case.. Before the boot screen for windows appears theere will be a blinking white cursour in the top left hand of the screen which will eventually dissapear and then the boot screen will appear which is also painfully slow. i've upgraded to the latest drivers however this has not solved the problem if anything it's made it slower.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what i could do ?

A:Computer Hangs at boot after Wifi card upgrade

I would first enter the BIOS Settings and see if the WiFi device is enabled (recognized).

If it is, then try disabling it in BIOS Settings and see if the boot/startup issue resolves itself with the card installed but disabled.

Then try physically uninstalling the card and see if the boot resolves.

You are testing to see if the card is installed correctly, or if the card may be faulty.
On thing I've noticed is that on some laptops the two wires that connect to the card are "keyed" so you can't (easily) switch them, but on others the two connectors are exactly the same. It does make a difference which way the wires go.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/329008-computer-hangs-boot-after-wifi-card-upgrade.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I hope this is the right area for this issue since Googling around for this seemed to yield very little relevant information So my dad has a desktop that he's built himself with various parts that he bought himself and it's currently wired to the modem I computer hibernation cutting off when exiting Desktop wifi think it's one of those router modem hybrids not too sure via ethernet cable for well best results and consistency He never bothered to mess with the settings so it automatically enters sleep and then hibernation which is probably normal for newer computers laptops to do if you haven't touched the settings right Getting onto the actual issue here the computer itself will periodically exit out of hibernation automatically which I assume is normal If not please let me know and that's where the issue is--every time that it does so my brother's and mom's laptops will suddenly lose connection to the wifi that we have set up indicated with that yellow triangle above the wifi icon on the taskbar and will stay that way for several minutes or until the computer has fully booted out of hibernation I've been observing this for about one to two months now with it always consistently happening each time that the computer would exit hibernation I've checked with my mom and brother to see that it isn't some kind of virus or malware to which they denied think super-paranoid type that avoids anything even remotely suspicious so I can only look at the computer being the culprit I can't provide information on specs for said computer as I did not partake in building it nor have access to Desktop computer cutting off wifi when exiting hibernation it currently but if it helps the model of the modem device is the Hitron CGN Residential Cable modem There's a manual here http armstrongonewire com documents cgn manual pdf if anyone wants to take a look

A:Desktop computer cutting off wifi when exiting hibernation

Some devices have a bad issue with waking up after the OS comes back up. The Hibernation issue dates back to Windows XP SP3 when it actually started.

Unless the device manufacturer has an updated driver that fixes the issue of the device not going back online when coming out of Hibernate. The only solution is to place the computer into Sleep mode or just power down.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70648-desktop-computer-cutting-off-wifi-when-exiting-hibernation.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I tried getting a Netgear A6200 based on advice from reddit that it would work, but windows 10 doesnt seem to show it supporting miracast.

A:What USB Wifi adapter should I get for miracast support on my Windows 10 computer?

If i remember correctly, you need more than just a compatible wifi adapter... your video chipset AND cpu have to support it as well.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/437216-what-usb-wifi-adapter-should-i-get-miracast-support-my-windows-10-computer.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I have a macbook pro and run Bootcamp with Windows XP. The computer is from 2008. When the computer is plugged in the wifi works fine. If I unplug my computer the wifi drops within minutes. If I try to repair the connection or disconnect the computer gives me the BSOD. Any thoughts?
Also, the computer very rarely goes into hibernation - which is a problem. And if it does go into hibernation, it often gives me the BSOD again.
The computer is perfectly fine when I am working on the Apple OS.

A:Wifi cuts out when laptop is unplugged then computer crashes [From:Mac]

Being a Windows issue, I'll move this to the Windows forum, we don't know Windows. The Mac forum is for Apple PCs running Apple's OS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wifi-cuts-out-when-laptop-is-unplugged-then-computer-crashes-from-mac-674410.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I have a macbook pro and run Bootcamp with Windows XP. The computer is from 2008. When the computer is plugged in the wifi works fine. If I unplug my computer the wifi drops within minutes. If I try to repair the connection or disconnect the computer gives me the BSOD. Any thoughts?
Also, the computer very rarely goes into hibernation - which is a problem. And if it does go into hibernation, it often gives me the BSOD again.
The computer is perfectly fine when I am working on the Apple OS.

Thanks

A:Wifi cuts out when laptop is unplugged then computer crashes

A normal XP install on a laptop would probably require a driver update for your wireless, but since you are on a Mac, You might get a better answer if you post this in the Mac forum section.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wifi-cuts-out-when-laptop-is-unplugged-then-computer-crashes-674354.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Here are pics 4-11 of the trouble shooting report that I started in my previous post,
"Computer Not Detecting Wireless Printer's Wifi Signal"

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

Pic 7

Pic 8

Pic 9

Pic 10

Pic 11

A:Computer Not Detecting Printer's Wifi Signal Continued

please do not start new threads for this issue - continue here
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/...ct-printers-direct-wifi.1159602/#post-9161953

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-detecting-printers-wifi-signal-continued.1162731/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello first time posting here after giving up trying to figure this out myself I searched for a good tech support site and found you guys Anyway this weekend I had a strange issue with my router It showed up on the connections list but could not be connected to resulting in a similar error fairly from disconnecting Computer regular intervals. wifi at to when the password is incorrect Once I was able to access the router or at least get the owner to reset it it was reachable again but ever since then Computer disconnecting from wifi at fairly regular intervals. I have been being disconnected every Computer disconnecting from wifi at fairly regular intervals. - minutes sometimes more sometimes less I do not have any info Computer disconnecting from wifi at fairly regular intervals. on the router since the situation is kind of complicated My network adapter in the laptop has been working perfectly for as long as I have had it so I do not think the issue lies there but I have not ruled it out I can run whatever tests can be done from the laptop itself if need be though may need walking through how to do them other than that I have little information available to me Also of note when I say disconnect I do not mean that it goes to limited connection but the connection just drops and I have to reconnect Qualcomm Atheros AR WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter Windows nbsp