Windows Support Forum

Laptop doesn't load any programs

Q: Laptop doesn't load any programs

Hello So I m trying to fix my mothers computer here but I can t figure out the problem It s a quite old laptop about years old It s running Windows bit got GB of ram and a AMD Sempron tm SI- GHz processor I ve read around the internet and the closest I came describing my programs doesn't load Laptop any problem was this thread The windows menu works fine though I can t access any programs nor click on any of the URL s in there not even the quot shutdown quot button Launching programs from the taskbar shortcuts just give Laptop doesn't load any programs a little white outline like it is loading Laptop doesn't load any programs before it disappear seconds later The UAC doesn t work neither I tried what lunarlander suggested booting the safe mode though this won t load either It stopped on quot ATIPCIe sys quot and I m not certain if all the files were loaded or if it just got stuck there It won t load though which is the important part I haven t tried reinstalling it after this however it has been reinstalled twice by my mother due to having the same problem times before Does anyone know if I can fix this or should I just let her go ahead and buy a new PC She wants a new but if she can save the money she don t want too If you need any more information I will try to give that if I can but remember I can t access all the areas on the PC Also if no action is taken the computer freezes with a black screen when it goes too screensaver and nothing can be done except using the power button Thanks in advance Jonas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-doesnt-load-any-programs.1115497/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop doesn't load any programs

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 64.93%

My add/remove programs doesn't open at all. There is no error that comes or anything. It just doesn't load. I have suffered from a virus recently and I know it's probably because of that but I have no idea what to do. I do have the Windows XP CD but it isn't the original.
The main reason I need to get into Add/Remove Programs is because my entire drive is full and I need to delete some programs. Is there any other way I can do it properly because the programs that I want to delete do not show the Uninstall icon in the menu.

Does anyone have any ideas?
I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

A:Add/Remove Programs Doesn't Load

if you have the windows xp cd, put it on the cdrom and then click on start -> run -> type in "sfc /scannow" without the "". this will check your system files and replace anything is that is corrupt or missing. see if this works out for you.

also you can perform a system restore and see if that helps at all. another thing you can do is to download third party add/remove programs. check out www.majorgeeks.com and download "add remove 4 good". good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/add-remove-programs-doesnt-load-65821.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I was trying to use EaseUs to resize my partition It failed and messed up the size information of my hard drive Instead of Free Space GB Total Size GB everything Windows XP other partition tools showed Free Space GB Total Size GB Even with the incorrect information I was able to use my computer fine I read that I could use GParted Live to fix the incorrect information I couldn't use GParted Live to fix it because it wouldn't Doesn't Won't Load Taskbar Appear/Programs let me resize the partition the option just wouldn't activate I exited out of GParted and my computer went into a restart loop It would get to the Safe Taskbar Doesn't Appear/Programs Won't Load Mode Windows XP screen and no matter what I selected it restarted I went into the recovery console and it only shows e minint as Taskbar Doesn't Appear/Programs Won't Load an option I ran Chkdsk C r The restart loop has stopped but now when I log into my account not every service that is suppose to load loads The taskbar is gone I can't access the Start Menu I can't run any program correctly The only good thing that has happened is that the correct information for my hard drive shows

A:Taskbar Doesn't Appear/Programs Won't Load

Sounds like some System files got deleted. Go to Start/Run and type SFC /scannow put the XP CD in and it will replace any missing system files.
If that fails, you can do a Repair Install

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/taskbar-doesnt-appear-programs-wont-load-666704.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I was trying to use Load Appear/Programs Doesn't Won't Taskbar EaseUs to resize my partition It failed and messed up the size information of my hard drive Instead of Free Space GB Total Size Taskbar Doesn't Appear/Programs Won't Load GB everything Windows XP other partition tools showed Free Space GB Total Size GB Even with the incorrect information I was able to use my computer Taskbar Doesn't Appear/Programs Won't Load fine I read that I could use GParted Live to fix the incorrect information I couldn t use GParted Live to fix it because it wouldn t let me resize the partition the option just wouldn t activate I exited out of GParted and my computer went into a restart loop It would get to the Safe Mode Windows XP screen and no matter what I selected it restarted I went into the recovery console and it only shows e minint as an option I ran Chkdsk C r The restart loop has stopped but now when I log into my account not every service that is suppose to load loads The taskbar is gone I can t access the Start Menu I can t run any program correctly The only good thing that has happened is that the correct information for my hard drive shows nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taskbar-doesnt-appear-programs-wont-load.1069565/
Relevancy 63.64%

This computer was a gift for christmas I haven t a clue where the virus is from but reformatting is out of the question and I m out of ideas for how to fix this thing At first I had Symantec anti-virus which proved to be completely useless and actually caused me more problems crashes or themselves; close doesn't Programs load explorer.exe than it helped The first sign of something wrong was the computer shut itself off When I loaded it up the start menu and desktop wouldn t show When Programs close themselves; explorer.exe crashes or doesn't load I tried to run explorer manually it gave me some excuse quot Windows cannot find explorer exe quot Yes I m sure I ran the right file When I tried to get into the registry it said quot Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator quot Well I am the administrator After a lot of googling and help I fixed that problem Then I installed McAfee s antivirus and SpyBot erased most of the virus in Safe Mode It seemed to be gone Then explorer would crash and restart itself over and over again Hours later I d fixed that problem Now sometimes it lets me into the registry Sometimes it doesn t Sometimes explorer loads sometimes it doesn t Now when I load programs like Limewire sometimes AIM and McAfee and random programs like that it exits out when I hit any key on the keyboard I m out of ideas Help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C DOCUME KATIEB OOP LOCALS Temp csrssc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan McShield exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http sutraway info in cgi amp key rico mancini O - BHO C WINDOWS system hgfdge unjdfdg dll - C BF A - F - BD-F - C - C WINDOWS system hgfdge unjdfdg dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - no file O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - HKLM Run mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe runkey O - HKCU Run tezrtsjhfr iusjfo f C DOCUME KATIEB OOP LOCALS Temp csrssc exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Aim quot C Program Files AIM aim exe quot d locale en-US ee aol imApp O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce ShowDeskFix regsvr s n i u shell User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce ShowDeskFix regsvr s n i u shell User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce ShowDeskFix regsvr s n i u shell User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce ShowDeskFix regsvr s n i u shell User Default user O - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableRegedit O - Extra button no name - dfb a - f - c -a - cab fd a - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spy... Read more

A:Programs close themselves; explorer.exe crashes or doesn't load

Hi Welcome to TSG!!

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

--------------------------------------------------------------------

With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have the Windows Recovery Console pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.
Go to Microsoft's website => http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310994

Select the download that's appropriate for your Operating System

Download the file & save it as it's originally named.
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools.

Please note once you start ComboFix you should not click anywhere on the ComboFix window as it can cause the program to stall.

Drag the setup package onto ComboFix.exe and drop it.

Follow the prompts to start ComboFix and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Recovery Console.

At the next prompt, click 'Yes' to run the full ComboFix scan.

When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-close-themselves-explorer-exe-crashes-or-doesnt-load.791329/
Relevancy 61.49%

and the DVD burner wont burn via windows XP I have to use quot drag and drop CD-DVD quot from sony to burn a cd This all happened on the same day Something is attacking drivers and softwars programs Here is the log from the Panda Scan lt quote gt Incident Status Location Potentially unwanted tool Application PRScheduler Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Start Menu Programs Startup PowerReg Scheduler exe Adware adware azesearch Not disinfected c windows system ztoolbar bmp Adware adware dollarrevenue Not disinfected c windows keyboard not work, com graphics Programs card wont doesn't load, working... port dat Adware adware cydoor Not disinfected c windows cdmxtras Potentially unwanted tool application need find Not disinfected hkey local machine software microsoft windows currentversion uninstall Need FindBar Uninstall Potentially unwanted tool application altnet Not disinfected hkey local machine software Altnet Adware adware getup Not disinfected Windows Registry Adware adware powerscan Not disinfected Windows Registry Virus bck bagz ab Disinfected Operating system Adware adware instafinder Not Programs wont load, graphics card doesn't work, com port not working... disinfected Windows Registry Hacktool exploit mhtredir gen Not disinfected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Code Store Programs wont load, graphics card doesn't work, com port not working... Database Distribution Units - - - - Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Checkout Cookies checkout o Programs wont load, graphics card doesn't work, com port not working... txt Spyware Cookie Atwola Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Checkout Cookies checkout atwola txt Spyware Cookie Doubleclick Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Checkout Cookies checkout doubleclick txt Spyware Cookie Statcounter Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Checkout Cookies checkout statcounter txt Spyware Cookie Atwola Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Guest CREATIVE Cookies guest atwola txt Spyware Cookie WebtrendsLive Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt statse webtrendslive com Spyware Cookie Com com Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt com com Spyware Cookie Atwola Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt atwola com Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt o net Spyware Cookie Atlas DMT Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt atdmt com Spyware Cookie Mediaplex Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt mediaplex com Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt o net Spyware Cookie PointRoll Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt ads pointroll com Spyware Cookie Advertising Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt advertising com Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt o net Spyware Cookie Tribalfusion Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt tribalfusion com Spyware Cookie Zedo Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt zedo com Spyware Cookie Advertising Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Katie Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eu b g m slt cookies txt advertising com Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Docu... Read more

A:Programs wont load, graphics card doesn't work, com port not working...

Update. AVG free is finding nothing. Ad-Aware SE would hang up on me but I think the panda scan took care of that because I ran ad-aware again and it ran through to completion... however it didn't fix any problems.
My Pole Display for our store is not working from the COM port.
My Graphics card isn't giving me the technicolor display anymore because I disabled it, but of course now I can't play games without the hardware acceleration. When I enable it and start the system over it does it all over again.
Generally comp runs slow... When I go to shut down I have to close lots of dll file programs. On start up I get pop ups.

Please help...

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/programs-wont-load-graphics-card-doesnt-work-com-port-not-working-186749.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi everyone This is my first post here and I m glad to have found this forum with so many helpful people I am typing this from my iPhone since I m having troubles with my laptop so sorry in advance for bad typing So recently my gpu failed load even doesn't bios anymore Laptop GTX M and I ordered a replacement After I replaced the faulty card the laptop was running beautifully for days Today while playing call of duty the game crashed with A directx error Thinking it was just a random thing I restarted the laptop And it wouldn t boot up anymore Not even the Dell splash screen appears anymore Shocked I disassmbled the whole laptop and put it back together After this the Dell splash screen appeared again only once though Now I m Laptop doesn't even load bios anymore back at a black screen with nothing loading at all I am super frustrated right now and have no idea what itmight be Hope someone can help max nbsp

A:Laptop doesn't even load bios anymore

Does the laptop have integrated graphics?

If so remove the graphics card and see if you get the splash screen.

Odds are it has something to do with the new card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-doesnt-even-load-bios-anymore.895084/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi allMy laptop turns on and the hp logo comes on but then windows doesn't boot up. I've done a hard reset with no luck and I ran the F2 menu Diagnostic, it came back showing a fail on the hard drive short DST check. Failure is number is Q4Q1X3-7T8880-XD7WLK-6OUC03Thanks!!

A:Laptop boots up but windows doesn't load

Hi @Lauren80, welcome to the HP Forums!  I see you have determined the hard drive is no longer functional. As this is not something I can help you to simply fix, I can suggest you replace the hard drive to resolve the issue.  I'd recommend calling in to speak with a phone agent as they can look up your product and may be able to help you to setup an replacement.  What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detectStep 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.I hope this helps. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-boots-up-but-windows-doesn-t-load/td-p/5759976
Relevancy 59.77%

The screen does not load at all and jumps straight into "Boot Menu" and "App Menu". I am not shure if it has anything to do with it, but it says in the Diagnostic Splash that the BIOS and the Video are shadowed.

A:Why doesn't Windows 10 load at all on my Lenovo laptop

According to Lenovo's Windows 10 Upgrade website, the IdeaPad U410 is not supported (it doesn't appear in the supported models list here):https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/do...As you can see, the S410 is supported but the U410 isn't listed.If you scroll up to the top of the page (or press the 'Home' key) you'll see this:"Date: Oct 02, 2015""Lenovo supported systems list for Windows 10 Upgrade.If your system is not listed, it hasn?t been tested for Windows 10 upgrade and is not supported"That may account for your problem.With laptops especially, you are supposed to check the manufacturer's website before you upgrade it to Windows 10.message edited by phil22

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/why-doesnt-windows-10-load-at-all-on-my-lenovo-laptop/230.html
Relevancy 59.77%

After I enter my password for Windows the screen goes black I've tried everything I load doesn't on the Laptop HP Stream Windows could find on the forums to resolve this problem with no success Here are some of the things I did nbsp Turned the power button off holding it down for seconds Immediately after powering it up I pressed the F button repeatedly I got a Recovery message Windows doesn't load on the HP Stream Laptop on a light blue screen It said the Windows doesn't load on the HP Stream Laptop following between the stars lines nbsp nbsp Your PC needs to be Windows doesn't load on the HP Stream Laptop repaired nbsp A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed nbsp Eror code xc nbsp You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media like a DIsc or USB device nbsp If you don't have these contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer nbsp nbsp Press ENTER to try againPress F for Startup SettingsPress Esc for UEFI Firmware settings nbsp nbsp I am my own system administrator I did everything with no success I contacted HP The total cost for a year of unlimited support was paid with an initial fee of and a monthly fee of Early cancellation was A one time support fee was nbsp None of these appealed to me as the laptop cost me new It would be cheaper to throw this away and get a new one nbsp Can someone tell me if there is an alternative process to solve my problem If not I will ditch this computer and pay more for a refurbished Mac I am sending this report using nbsp my trusty circa MacBook Pro nbsp nbsp

A:Windows doesn't load on the HP Stream Laptop

Hi, if you did not create a recovery USB, you can order one from HP.  This is Windows 8.1 not Windows 10?  You might also try booting into safe mode described here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-doesn-t-load-on-the-HP-Stream-Laptop/td-p/5607506
Relevancy 58.91%

I ve been passed a laptop to sort out which was full of malware Windows running slowly and occasionally crashing the usual state of a machine used by someone clueless and apathetic about computer security I was told I could just reformat it as he doesn t on this 7 doesn't help) Windows Please (factory laptop reset load help! won't want anything off it saving so I tried resetting it to the factory default which seemed to work but when Windows booted up it just stuck in the Windows loading screen black screen with the four colour flag thing I tried safe mode but it also crashes gets stuck whilst loading - the last file it lists in the loading screen is WINDOWS SYSTEM DRIVERS CLASSPNP SYS I retried factory reset with the same results so I tried to install Windows on to the laptop from my Windows DVD in case the factory reset image on the laptop had somehow gotten corrupt but again Windows locks up or goes into an infinite wait state whatever it is and now I can t even access factory reset as the non-working install on the laptop didn t add the option of course I ve tested the physical memory MEMTEST and the hard drive and they both give no errors and I ve reset the BIOS to it s original settings a million to one chance that that Please help! Windows 7 won't load on this laptop (factory reset doesn't help) was the fault but I tried anyway so can anyone suggest anything please The laptop is a Samsung np e a-a uk Windows -bit AMD A M CPU GB RAM nbsp

A:Please help! Windows 7 won't load on this laptop (factory reset doesn't help)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-windows-7-wont-load-on-this-laptop-factory-reset-doesnt-help.1148817/
Relevancy 58.91%

I ve hp elitebook 8440p. It is connected to a network but it doesn't browse and says"the remote device or resource won't accept the connection". I checked my Internet connection and it works properly on other devices.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-laptop-is-connected-to-network-but-doesn-t-load-any/td-p/5790479
Relevancy 58.91%

This problem has been going on already for about a month as far as I can recall The laptop turns on but the display is totally empty and Windows does not start at all This happens frequently after hibernation sleep What I do usually is I just turn the laptop off and turn it on again and the OS starts successfully but now it takes more than twice and it may be dangerous already to do such The laptop is still under warranty and I have it checked already at the store where I bought it The tech person did a few tweaks in the power settings It did work but after a little less than hrs the problem came back I am working as an architectural intern and most of the programs I use are heavy D drafting and D modeling softwares e g Autocad Sketchup and Lumion as well as Adobe Photoshop I use Sketchup very often Just mentioning this as it may have some bearing to the problem Thank you very much

A:Laptop turns on but doesn't load OS after hibernation/sleep

Hi, Welcome to SF.

I found this post from our member gergrocker. This might help.

Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker

Sleep issues are almost always caused by the display driver so I would start by updating it, or trying another. Driver Install - Device Manager

You can troubleshoot Sleep and Hibernate by setting them to 1 and 2 minutes in Power Options. Use Balanced Plan. Then work through these Sleep Mode Problems - Vista Forums.

If this is still the factory preinstalled WIn7 then that is a corrupt install which causes many of these problems, which is why most tech enthusiasts will not run it but choose to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

At the minimum I'd Clean Up Factory Bloatware

If that doesn't help then work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308658-laptop-turns-but-doesnt-load-os-after-hibernation-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I m new here and would really appreciate any help Basically I got that fake anti-virus on my laptop but have had this happen before so it was no big deal as I have managed to get rid of it before Yet this time when I started in safe mode and attempted to run spybot search and destory my laptop restarted itself and I can now no longer use my laptop Even safe mode does not work The only way that works is by pressing F as it loads up and choosing windows domain controller or something I ve ran several load laptop Blue doesn't continually screen... malware deleting softwares such as SuperAntispyware amp Malwarebytes in this mode but still I cannot get my laptop to work in safe mode or normal mode I am continually confronted by a blue screen and the following message COLOR Blue A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Blue screen... laptop continually doesn't load Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the Stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try chaging video adapters Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x E xC x A AB xBA B xBA COLOR Any help would be greatly appreciated Please simplify as much as possible nbsp

A:Blue screen... laptop continually doesn't load

Btw my laptop is a Sony Vaio VGN-CR11S

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-laptop-continually-doesnt-load.151569/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I was redirected here from this post I m unable to run any of the required scans at the moment as I can t figure out why any of my internet browsers will not launch I already have Malwarebyte on the machine but it along with internet browsers and my anti-virus Avast will not launch To save from opening another window I will copy and paste the post quot Hello Bleeping community Today I found myself with a programs open some doesn't Laptop rather tough problem on my laptop It seems to have gone through a windows update and thus restart itself After the restart I have been unable to launch internet explorer firefox or google chrome on the machine I m also unable to launch my anti-virus or malwarebyte to scan it I have tested all these things to no avail in safe mode as Laptop doesn't open some programs well It seems like other things still work on the laptop such as games online games still check for updates and download them images still open and I can still open and read through text documents Until this point I don t recall any infected alerts from avast nor any unusual behavior from the machine It should be noted that it seems like the computer is booting faster as if some necessary programs might not be loading after restart and that I have attempted a system restore to a few days back and nothing seems to be working In task master under the processes tab I have the following I guess it should be noted I m on a Toshiba Satellite running Windows Home Premium bit explorer exeTCrdMain exeSetPoint exedwm exeSynTPEnh exeKHALMNPR exeTPwrMain exeRAVCpl exeTosSENotify exetaskmgr exe well yeah TPCHWMsg exeTeco exetaskhost exewinlogon exeTosNcCore exeTosReelTimeMonitor exewuauclt exe it might be wuaudlt exe very hard for me to tell rundll exetaskhost exeTCrdKBB exe This one I m not sure about SynTPHelper exeSmoothView exeThpSrv execsrss exeThanks in advance for any possible insight to this issue quot Once I can get internet browsers working on the laptop again I will be happy to post the required logs

A:Laptop doesn't open some programs

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/423417 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423417/laptop-doesnt-open-some-programs/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello Bleeping community Today I found myself with a rather tough problem on my laptop It seems to have gone through a windows update and thus restart itself After the restart I have been unable to launch internet explorer firefox or google chrome on the machine I m also unable to launch my anti-virus or malwarebyte to scan it I have tested all these things to no avail in safe mode as well It seems like other things still work on the laptop such as games online games still check for updates and download them images still open and programs doesn't Laptop some open I can still open and read through text documents Until this point I don t recall any infected alerts from avast nor any unusual behavior Laptop doesn't open some programs from the machine It should be noted that it Laptop doesn't open some programs seems like the computer is booting faster as if some necessary programs might not be loading after restart Laptop doesn't open some programs and that I have attempted a system restore to a few days back and nothing seems to be working In task master under the processes tab I have the following I guess it should be noted I m on a Toshiba Satellite running Windows Home Premium bit explorer exe TCrdMain exe SetPoint exe dwm exe SynTPEnh exe KHALMNPR exe TPwrMain exe RAVCpl exe TosSENotify exe taskmgr exe well yeah TPCHWMsg exe Teco exe taskhost exe winlogon exe TosNcCore exe TosReelTimeMonitor exe wuauclt exe it might be wuaudlt exe very hard for me to tell rundll exe taskhost exe TCrdKBB exe This one I m not sure about SynTPHelper exe SmoothView exe ThpSrv exe csrss exe Thanks in advance for any possible insight to this issue

A:Laptop doesn't open some programs

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started first.Then start a new thread HERE and include or required logs.Including a link to this thread will be helpful. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423383/laptop-doesnt-open-some-programs/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi

I have a problem with my sisters Advent laptop. it has a vista o/s.

when she log's in she cannot run any programs or open internet explorer although msn messenger logs in.

I have started the laptop in safe mode with networking and programs and the internet run but i cannot figure out how to fix it or what is wrong. I ran malwarebytes but when it restarted and i tried to log in after the welcome screen it just went black.

does anyone have any idea?
Thanks
Chelle

A:Laptop won't run programs or load internet

Have You Tired anyother software? Spybot? etc?
and what Anti virus/ protection did you have on there before this happenend?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357389/laptop-wont-run-programs-or-load-internet/
Relevancy 58.05%

Okay so, my laptop has been a acting weird for 2 days now. Everything has been responding slowly and it worked fine 'till now. When I turned it on today, none of the programs would open when I clicked on them, and it wouldn't obey any commands. It turned on nicely, but that's it, it would only shut down. I shut it down and turned it on again, and it remained the same. When I restarted it again however, it has been working fine. I haven't opened any programs except Chrome yet and it seems to be fine for now, but I don't know what would happen if I open anything else. My friend says I should backup and restore it, but I'm not so sure. Can someone help me out? Thanks so much :)

A:Laptop doesn't open any programs on startup

Hi and welcome to TSF does it behave this way in safe mode

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-doesnt-open-any-programs-on-startup-686955.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have been having a problem with my computer for a few weeks now I have Windows Vista on my computer and have Webroot Virus Scan When I go to Google s search engine and click on the link it gets redirected Sometimes when I turn on my computer the volume doesn t work at all Also sometimes when I turn my computer on the computer doesn t load and load Redirected; start time Doesn't doesn't right Volume Google Vista all the Gets correctly, Search it says there is a problem with DellDock installation which I have no clue what that means I never had any of these problems before this virus showed up When I run Webroot it catches the same virus everytime some type of virus in Java I have tried researching this virus but as I said Google links don t work Thank you for taking the time to look Google Search Gets Redirected; Volume doesn't load correctly, Vista Doesn't start right all the time at my problem DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Danny at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity WRConsumerService exeC Windows system svchost exe Google Search Gets Redirected; Volume doesn't load correctly, Vista Doesn't start right all the time -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Common Files Dell apache bin httpd exeC Program Files Common Files Dell MySQL bin mysqld exeC Program Files Common Files Dell Remote Access File Sync Service dsl fs sync exeC Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Common Files Dell apache bin httpd exeC Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeper exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows System ico exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exeC Program Files Oracle Information Rights Management Desktop sealmon exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeperUI exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows System Pmxmiced exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SSU EXEC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Users Danny Desktop dds scrC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google comuStart Page hxxp espn go com uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by DelluDefault Page URL hxxp www google c... Read more

A:Google Search Gets Redirected; Volume doesn't load correctly, Vista Doesn't start right all the time

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334514/google-search-gets-redirected;-volume-doesnt-load-correctly-vista-doesnt-start-right-all-the-time/
Relevancy 52.46%

Im having this issue when I go to my Music folder/library in windows there is either no album art (in this case no icons in place of the album art either to suggest if its an mp3 or what not), or it takes a really long time for the album art to load on every peace of music. I have also tried to search on google about this problem. No luck probably because I'm rubbish at searching

ill really appreciate it if someone can help me out.

Here is a screen shot about what I'm on about ---->

Text in image: Files that have no album art still have the file type icon on them.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A:Album art takes long to load or doesn't load at all in explorer.exe

Welcome aboard, ksbansal

If you dont have adequate RAM/free RAM to generate the arts, it happens. Let us know the size of your ram, and you need to run this test, too.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/209177-album-art-takes-long-load-doesnt-load-all-explorer-exe.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have no idea what my sister and her friends were doing on the comp for a couple recov not work computer shut down loading right, sys right, doesn't programs doesn't of days that i decided not to use it but now - a few programs take forever to load or don't load at all but they do show up under the processes tab in the task manager - after pressing Ctrl Alt Del the task manager icon appears in the system tray but the thing only shows up a minute later - my system recovery is quot not able to protect my computer quot and restarting does nothing - actually when restarting or shutting down Windows it stops at where it only shows my desktop background and cursor which is still able to move and nothing else after that so i have programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work to hold the power button and force it to shut off - when I right click the desktop and click on quot Properties quot or something similar to programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work this action it doesn't show up at all and whenever I try to open any application after that they don't even load at all either - and probably other stuff that I haven't took note of yet Things i've tried to get rid of these problems - Virus scan with programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work avast a couple viruses found and fixed but nothing changed - disk clean up nothing changed - registry clean nothing changed - CURRENTLY defragging my C drive hope something changes Anyone know what the heck's going on Anyone got any suggestions on what to do next Anything helps and would be greatly appreciated

A:programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work

no replies yet? :(

anyway, just stopped by to say that when shutting down, it takes forever to get to the "Saving your settings..." screen, and that's where I decided that it stops and nothing else after that.
Defragged my C drive, still no results besides the computer feeling a bit smoother-running o_o

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/programs-not-loading-right-computer-doesnt-shut-down-right-sys-recov-doesnt-work-316544.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Logfile of HijackThis Always Always And Load Don't Connect Or Doesn't Pages Right Load v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system Doesn't Always Connect And Pages Don't Always Load Or Load Right winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System Doesn't Always Connect And Pages Don't Always Load Or Load Right svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC WINDOWS system S tray exec Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC WINDOWS system winsplg exeC WINDOWS system homesec exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC Program Files spike SmartAgent exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system dlcccoms exeC WINDOWS System mfasvc exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopCrawl exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC WINDOWS system ntvdm exeC WINDOWS system edocfl mste exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC WINDOWS System HPZipm exeC WINDOWS System pxeibcw exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exeC WINDOWS system edocfl wcbie exeC WINDOWS System stscor exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC WINDOWS System ssmgs exeC WINDOWS system edocfl wcbrsp k exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System wincomspk exeC WINDOWS system edocfl w kspkinj exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http https R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLLO - HKLM Run BlockTracker c hp bin BlockTracker exeO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeO - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeO - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXEO - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run AutoTBar C hp bin autotbar exeO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initializeO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet keeploadedO - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exeO - HKLM Run USB C WINDOWS sys... Read more

A:Doesn't Always Connect And Pages Don't Always Load Or Load Right

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, this forum is very busy right now.

There is a program from a company called SearchHelp, Inc. on this computer. Sentry at Home or Sentry Remote. From the information I can gather on the Internet, this is a legitimate application aimed at allowing parents control over their children's web surfing habits. Judging by some of the lines in this log it uses a proxy server and several other techniques to filter internet content. This might explain why you have trouble connecting to some web sites.

If you are the owner of this computer and installed this program, I would suggest disabling it temporarily to see whether your problems persist.

Whether they do or not, post a fresh HijackThis log along with the results of this test.

Dave

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88672/doesnt-always-connect-and-pages-dont-always-load-or-load-right/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a dell 810 laptop. I know I can reload the OS but it would have to be a clean install. I dont have all the software for some of the programs on my laptop.

My desktop wont load,but I can use task mngr to access programs.Once I do that the desktop loads as normal. Any suggestions?

A:in 2000 my desktop wont load. Must use task mngr to open programs then icons load.

Have a look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;256194

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/in-2000-my-desktop-wont-load-must-use-task-mngr-to-open-programs-then-icons-load.128176/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have downloaded and run ad-aware and spybot s amp d I am running in XP on a PIII with MB RAM Thanks for reviewing Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss programs/load delay webpages increasing to load Solved: exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv Solved: increasing delay to load programs/load webpages exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee Internet Security GUARDDOG EXE Solved: increasing delay to load programs/load webpages C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files McAfee McAfee Internet Security GUARDDOG EXE C Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan Avsynmgr exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C PROGRA Iomega System ActivityDisk exe C Program Files Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan VsStat exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee Firewall CPD Solved: increasing delay to load programs/load webpages EXE C Program Files McAfee McAfee Firewall CPD EXE C Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan VsStat exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan Vshwin exe C Program Files Common Files Network Associates McShield Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan Avconsol exe C PROGRA INCRED bin IncMail exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Guardian CMGrdian exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mm tray exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Instant Updater RuLaunch exe C Program Files Webshots WebshotsTray exe C Program Files Exif Launcher QuickDCF exe C Program Files Webshots WebshotsTray exe C Program Files Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXE C WINDOWS system netdde exe C WINDOWS system clipsrv exe C Documents and Settings Default Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB rnathchk exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home eastlink ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www EZbid com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http keyword netscape com keyword s R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page c windows SYSTEM blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - D DFF D -B B- -B - C C C B - no file N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http www ns sympatico ca quot C Program Files Netscape Users home prefs js O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files ycomp dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - -F - FDD- FAB- E - C WINDOWS System rvnwkgdi dll O - BHO no name - A C AD - E D- A - F- D ABD A - C WINDOWS SYSTEM vszjeowy dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files ycomp dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - ACB E - - C -A - B A A CB - C Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan VSCShellExtension dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run IncrediMail C PROGRA INCRED bin IncMail exe c O - HKLM Run McAfee Guardian qu... Read more

A:Solved: increasing delay to load programs/load webpages

Try a few of these preformance tweaks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-increasing-delay-to-load-programs-load-webpages.172015/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey My computer has been operating excruciatingly slow over the past few months and I have no idea why I'm pretty new to computers as far as being able to fix them myself I run ESET-NOD as anti-virus Zone Alarm as a firewall and Prevx I also regularly scan with Ad-Aware SE Spybot- S amp D AVG and Spyware Blaster which I don't think that I am using correctly I followed the steps that you have outlined in the quot Preparation Guide All Or Load, Hang, Programs At Load Slow To Don't For Use Before Posting quot but was unable to get the on-line scanners to work Programs Slow To Load, Hang, Or Don't Load At All all I was using IE at the time All my scans come up clean but programs are loading too slow or not at all Here's HJT Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Eset nod krn exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Prevx PXAgent exeC Program Files Ideazon ZEngine Zboard exeC Program Files LClock LClock exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXEC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC Program Files Eset nod kui exeC Program Files Prevx PXConsole exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www macromedia com shockwave downlo om default htmlR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO no name - AutorunsDisabled - no file O - BHO Malicious Scripts Scanner - EA -F E - D A-B B - B FCB - C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Prevx pxbho dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - HKLM Run Zboard C Program Files Ideazon ZEngine Zboard exeO - HKLM Run LClock C Program Files LClock LClock exeO - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run amd dc opt C Program Files AMD Dual-Core Optimizer amd dc opt exeO - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe rO - HKLM Run CTDVDDET C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXEO - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run SBDrvDet C Program Files Creative SB Drive Det SBDrvDet exe rO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Ru... Read more

A:Programs Slow To Load, Hang, Or Don't Load At All

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum DocSatan My name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Your version of Sun Java is out of date.Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.Please follow these steps to remove older versions of Sun Java,and then update.1. Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE)2. Scroll down to where it says 'Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u2'.3. Click the "Download" button to the right.4. Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".5. The page will refresh.6. Click on the link to download 'Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language' and save to your desktop.7. Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.8. Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.9. Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.10. Click the Change/Remove button.11. Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.12. Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.13. Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u2-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.Download Combofix and save to your desktop:Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop Close any open browsers. Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When it's finished it will produce a log. Post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply. Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause the program to freeze/hang. Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt unless I ask.Also post a new Hijackthis log please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/106595/programs-slow-to-load-hang-or-dont-load-at-all/
Relevancy 48.16%

Does anyone have any advice for the following I was running a scientific program Matlab that caused my computer to hang and required cutting the related programs not programs do do Microsoft but load, other power When I restarted I started getting all these problems Office no longer starts Word was running when my computer hung When I try to start Word it starts the Microsoft Installer process Then the Installer fails and says quot Error The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed Contact your support personnel for assistance quot I confirmed that the Windows Installer service is started under services msc Unregistering and reregistering the installer with msiexec exe unregister and msiexec exe register does not help Reinstalling Office from the original setup file gives the error quot This file does not have a program associated with it for performing the action Create an association in the Set Associations control panel quot Microsoft related programs do not load, but other programs do This was for setup exe but other exe files work fine Going to Control Panel - gt Program and Features and clicking on quot Change quot for Word gives quot An error has occurred while trying to uninstall Microsoft Office It may have already been uninstalled quot However this error does not apply just Office it applies to EVERY program on the computer Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player won't load Firefox and Google Chrome load but downloading files and the quot Save As quot feature do not work Cutting and pasting from web browser no longer works although cut and paste works under Notepad Running quot sfc scannow quot says I have a corrupted settings ini file for the Windows SideBar but this a known bug according to the MS Knowledge Base MS Outlook loads but I get the error saying that quot NormalEmail dotm quot cannot be opened When I close the program I get the the error quot This feature requires MSXML to be properly installed Run Setup and Repair to restore this component quot Third-party programs appear to work fine the ones that don't depend on MS components like gimp matlab putty irfanview but microsoft related programs fail I think there must be a corrupted registry entry or component file somewhere that is common source of all these problems but I am having a hard time discovering where that might be and how to fix it Does anyone have any suggestions I am running Vista Home Edition SP on a HP Pavilion dv

A:Microsoft related programs do not load, but other programs do

I would peform a system restore from 2 days before the problem
System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/software/283325-microsoft-related-programs-do-not-load-but-other-programs-do.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I've never seen this problem before in my life and it has me mortified.

My Sony VAIO starts. It's plugged in normally. The power lights flash, it checks the CD-RW drive, and then remains on with the main power light on and the fan on, but the screen remains black and nothing else happens. Windows XP doesn't load. No Sony logo, no "Operating system not found," nothing. It's like it's had a lobotomy.

I haven't installed anything new, and the notebook has just been sitting around unplugged for a few days. The last thing I used it for was to burn a CD with Windows Media Player. The only change I can think of is that my USB tablet isn't plugged in.

Any suggestions? Thanks, everybody.

A:Solved: XP VAIO laptop starts, Windows doesn't, screen doesn't seem to.

If it has a battery installed, try removing that. Then with the laptop power plug UNplugged press and hold the power button for a second or two.

Then plug the power adapter back in WITHOUT replacing the battery and see if you can get a normal start.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-vaio-laptop-starts-windows-doesnt-screen-doesnt-seem-to.351731/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello TSG My girlfriend is having a few difficulties with her GB Buffalo External Hard Drive As of this morning her Laptop hasn t been able to turn on if the HDD is plugged in and turn HDD Solved: if HDD Laptop doesn't plugg Doesn't - is EXT EXT BSOD's on recognise if she plugs the HDD in while turned on the Laptop doesn t recognise it and Blue Screens after a few minutes She hasn t had the Hard Drive long coming up to a year now and her Laptop is a Fujitsu Siemens with Windows OS She says she doesn t want to reformat though it sounds more of a power issue to me if possible as she has a lot of photographs and work on there she doesn t wish to loose If anyone has any idea what s wrong please let us know Thanks a lot EDIT - I just advised her to try plugging the EXT HDD into another plug socket and low and behold it works again She said however that when she plugged it in blue sparks flickered Solved: Laptop doesn't recognise EXT HDD BSOD's - Doesn't turn on if EXT HDD is plugg at Solved: Laptop doesn't recognise EXT HDD BSOD's - Doesn't turn on if EXT HDD is plugg the socket for a few seconds which really doesn t sound good Any idea if it s the HDD s plug itself going or is it Solved: Laptop doesn't recognise EXT HDD BSOD's - Doesn't turn on if EXT HDD is plugg the sockets in her room lt gt Cheers nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop doesn't recognise EXT HDD BSOD's - Doesn't turn on if EXT HDD is plugg

Can you try the external drive on another PC as a test

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-doesnt-recognise-ext-hdd-bsods-doesnt-turn-on-if-ext-hdd-is-plugg.922021/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a dell inspiron n it has the following specs years since purchse core i GB b of RAM nvidia gt graphics card gb dedicated Windows bit GB HDD The laptop was or screen booting turn beeps no doesn't on, Laptop boot, sounds doesn't are heard error working fine yesterday and when i went to sleep i properly turned it off without any errors occurring Today when i turned it on - -the power button turns on -the three support buttons on the top Laptop doesn't boot, screen doesn't turn on, no error beeps or booting sounds are heard right corner of the laptop flash -i can see battery and power notification lights but the hard drive light doesn t blink or turn on -i can hear and in fact glimpse the fan working -the screen shows nothing it isn t a black screen because that would imply that the screen still turns on but the screen remains off nbsp -I hear no error beeps or any kind of booting sounds -I should also probably mention that recently the AC adapter of the laptop wasn t working properly and i had part of its main connecting wires replaced while keeping the circuit board or main work board intact and it worked fine after that but i am guessing the repair may have something to do with this new issue I have tried the hard reset or flea power method hoping it would solve the problem but it hasn t work even after multiple attempts The laptop is no longer under warranty and if the issue is dire and i suspect it is i would have to send the computer to a dell support nbsp and repair center and i have nbsp heard maintenance and repair costs may be as much as the laptop s price depending on the nature of the fault nbsp But at this moment i have no idea what the fault is nbsp Please suggest any faults that may cause such a situation and a suitable course of action for a solution

A:Laptop doesn't boot, screen doesn't turn on, no error beeps or booting sounds are heard

This fixed my problem with my Lenovo. Thanks so much!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19516269
Relevancy 46.87%

Computer just turned off automatically today and it will not load past the begining load screen with the Alien Head load screen where you can press f2 and enter setup or f12 to boot options. I cannot load safe mode or remove the battery as it does not have any place to access it.
Windows 7. Alienware m14x.

A:Alienware Laptop wont load past Alien Head Load Screen

Any fans running, any post beeps? Your laptop does not have a CMOS battery. Try removing the chargeable battery and power adapter. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Plug in just the power adapter and try powering up the machine again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/alienware-laptop-wont-load-past-alien-head-load-screen-660209.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

Laptop is a Samsung R510 running Vista.

When it is switched on, it gets stuck on the Samsung BIOS load screen. The F2 (Setup) and F4 (Recovery) buttons don't work unless they are pressed straight away. But when they are pressed it says 'Please Wait', but nothing happens.

I have changed the CMOS battery, but it hasn't helped.

I have also taken the hard drive out and turned it on, still the same.  Each RAM stick has been tried on its own, and it is still the same.

Can anyone help?

A:Laptop Stuck On BIOS Load Screen/Won't Load Vista

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode?

Start tapping the F8 key immediately after pressing the power button.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513423/laptop-stuck-on-bios-load-screenwont-load-vista/
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm not sure what happened, i restarted my computer and then now none of my programs will load i get a message saying :"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folder options in control panel" and it says that for every program i try to run...

help, please!!!!

thanks!

Relevancy 45.58%

for some reason, my icq2001a doesn't load anymore, it just keeps showing the animation of the flower, and i have to end it with end task...

i use windows 2000 pro

whats the solution?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-icq-doesnt-load.155674/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, I'm using IE8 (8.0.6001.18813) and have noticed that tabs often fail to load. Initially I had a problem where no tab would ever load but after googling it turned out that a certain dll needed to be registered. With that done tabbing does work but now I'm finding that tabs sometimes just do not do anything.

The only pattern seems to be that it is the first new tab that usually fails. So if I am reading a website already then right click->open in new tab that new tab doesn't work but if I try to open any subsequent tabs they do work (mostly). If I then close all but one tab and try to open a new tab that new one doesn't work but all tabs after that do while the 'failed' one is still there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie8-tab-doesnt-load-403112.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I got my new Windows 7 in and am trying to get things back to normal.
I installed IE8 from a backup disk. It's there, but the only way I can open it is to go through; menu, and right click and run as administrator. It should open when I log onto the internet, but it doesn't??

I see there is a new version in the sticky, but which one is the latest for the 32 bit version? The "leaked version", or one of the ones above it?

A:IE8 doesn't load

IE8 should be built into Win7. If it's not there it can be added from Programs and Features/"Windows Features" by checking it off. Don't know what you mean by "sticky" or "leaked version". After you install Windows 7, go to "Windows Update" to bring the system up to date which should also include the latest IE8 Cumulative Security Update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/133278-ie8-doesnt-load.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
for some reason xp crashed and wouldn't restart always going to the advanced start up menu. Where i ran safe mode and did a virus check and spyware check, using avg and adaware. Nothing was found but xp still didn't start than via safe mode i tried reinstalling xp with the refresh option but that also crashed going to a blue screen. Blue screen indicates that a hardware or bios thing is wrong the stop message reads 0x0000007e.
However i can't get back into safe mode because a message says xp setup van't be run through safe mode. I need to get some documents from word and excel and need help!
Thanks

A:Xp doesn't load

It sounds like you are stuck in an installation loop give this a try.

"STOP 0x0000007E" error message after you upgrade to Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330182

If you need your documents really bad you may have to install this hard drive into another computer as a slave drive and manually get the documents that way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-doesnt-load.476940/
Relevancy 45.58%

I cannot load IE 11. I click its icon, it flashes, and then nothing. I tried uninstalling IE 11, but I get an error message (attached). Chkdsk checks out OK, and the Windows update troubleshooter checks out OK. I tried restoring the computer to a state before the last round of MS updates, but I get an error on that, too. I also tried uninstalling IE 11 from an elevated command prompt, but that doesn't work, either. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

A:IE 11 doesn't load

Quote:
but I get an error message (attached)

I do not see any attachment?

Did you run a system file check? If not,

Quote:
System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:Click on the
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Please upload the MSinfo file as well.
MSINFO32:Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/349332-ie-11-doesnt-load.html
Relevancy 45.15%

After having some problems, I have reinstalled windows normally, everything seemed going smoothly, but while the pre installation was loading, at around 80% i started to get these messages: impossible to copy the file logonui.exe , drmcien.dll , drmv2clt.dll
so I ignored these files, the pre installation finished, then I didn the actual installation, but... something happened.
When windows starts up now, it enters in an infinite loop, it starts, but then rather than loading the OS, it goes in the start page again (the one where i am asked if i want win 2k or xp) it keeps on starting over again but... the OS doesn't load....
what can I do?

A:windows doesn't load...??

Hi,

Are you trying a reinstall. repair install, or a clean format and install? This might help to know what the problem might be.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-doesnt-load.362447/
Relevancy 45.15%

Can some on tell me what 2 sets of 3 beeps and a single beep means- that's
Seven beeps in total, it turns on then turns itself off

Running winxp sp3

Had random system crashes before this happened

Greatly appreciated

Relevancy 45.15%

can someone explain what it means when a webpage doesn't load but all that appears is a square little box on the top left hand of the web page? thanks

A:webpage doesn't load

Is your internet working? Have you tried a different browser?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/webpage-doesnt-load-323102.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Here is the situation;

I went to a website where internet explorer froze up and I proceeded to hit Control ALt Delete to cancel the process but no task manager appeared. At the time, all other programs were functioning properly.

I then attempted to restart the computer via start menu and it froze.

Not knowing what to do, I pushed and held the power button of my computer and it turned off.

Now everytime I turn it on in normal mode, I see the XP screen with the blue load bar but after that, the screen is completely blank.

I tried starting in safe mode but the screen is also blank.

Can anybody please give me some suggestions/ insight where the problem could be and how I might fix it?

Thank you very much in advance.

A:xp doesn't completely load

do a xp repair http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-doesnt-completely-load-421530.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am having a problem with IE9 it loads basic pages like Google but it just won't load youtube and stuff all the way.

A:IE9 doesn't load certain pages

Seems like you have a habit of telling us not to tell you things. I won't.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/267357-ie9-doesnt-load-certain-pages.html
Relevancy 45.15%

In the past couple of months my laptop has been acting strange It started with my USB mouse not working It would work to Windows load doesn't want 7 one minute then not the next and I would have to unplug Windows 7 doesn't want to load and put it into a different USB port until it quit working altogether but worked fine in another computer After the mouse incident it started something different I'd leave the room with a webpage open and come back to a screen saying windows wouldn't load and to either system restore or use the other option for it to fix the windows problem System restore will not work it says the files are not existant and the other option doesn't work either I get a 'windows start up has failed do you want to send a report to microsoft ' and that will not work either I have to press restart over and over and over and it will not load windows So I have to shut it down and wait awhile before I can attempt to start it up again Somethings it works and sometimes it doesn't and I have to do it all over again As time goes by i notice it s getting more frequent Can anyone shed some light on this for me THe laptop is only three years old It's an Acer Aspire Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 doesn't want to load

Do you have an Antivirus installed?

Run DDS and post the log here please

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/dds/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510550/windows-7-doesnt-want-to-load/
Relevancy 45.15%

I'm trying to reinstall Windows XP on my Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop. The following are the steps that lead to my problem:

- I insert installation CD into CD drive
- I restart the computer
- I see "Press any key to boot from CD..."
- I press a key to boot from CD
- then for a brief moment, I see "Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration"
- then the screen goes blank and nothing else happens (<--this is the problem)

Any ideas???

I ran the diagnostics CD on the laptop and all tests passed. To make sure that the installation CD isn't bad, I tried running the CD in another computer. Everything loaded fine. Therefore the CD is fine.

A:XP install CD doesn't load

tell about the xp cd, is it the one that came with that specific computer? if so, is it an xp cd or recovery cd? If not, is it a full retail version, upgrade, oem, or one from another computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-install-cd-doesnt-load-363681.html
Relevancy 45.15%

This is in response to Broni s request and judgment to repost my problem here As he suspected after running a GMER test it may indeed be a malware problem It started a while back with not much info to go on Well Firefox froze one time But rather than just Firefox freezing the whole laptop froze so I Load Windows Doesn't eventually forced rebooted it However upon doing so the laptop was suddenly very slow but that wasn t the biggest issue The issue was that it wouldn t go past the wallpaper Now it doesn t get even past the welcome screen I can get into safe mode but I can t Windows Doesn't Load use the internet from there as my internet involves an old Speedtouch USB modem that requires software that doesn t load in safe mode That means of course that even though I have MBAM or McAfee on there I can t update it Also system restore doesn t work at all I ve ran DDS and Gmer Here are the logs First - DDS txtDDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Administrator at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV Norton On-access scanning enabled Updated A F BC C-EA - - C- C FW Norton enabled C A - A C- AD -A E - C FBF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp vcl vaio sony co jp eu PforVAIO htmBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO ContributeBHO Class c dc - - a a- d-c c - d program files adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dllBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO NCO IE BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files common files symantec shared coshared browser coIEPlg dllBHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c progra common symant ids IPSBHO dllBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ae cd -e - f- - ee - d program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB Show Norton Toolbar febefe - b - - d -ffb d b ca - c program files common files symantec shared coshared browser CoIEPlg dllTB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - d program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllTB Contribute Toolbar bdde -e a - -b e- b b fc - d program files adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dllEB Adobe PDF ec be- - c -a -beb d a b - d program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dlluRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun Apoint c program files apoint Apoint exemRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupmRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEmRun Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEmRun Mouse Suite Daemon ICO EXEmRun IMJPMIG quot c windows ime imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration mRun MSPY c windows system ime pintlgnt ImScInst exe SYNCmRun PHIME ASync c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE SYNCmRun PHIME A c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE IMENamemRun SonyPowerCfg c program files sony vaio power management SPMgr exemRun ISBMgr exe c program files sony isb utility ISBMgr exemRun ccApp quot c program files common files symantec shared ccApp exe quot mRun osCheck quot c program files norton osCheck exe quot mRun lt NO NAME gt mRun Adobe ID EYTHM c progra common adobe adobev server bin VERSIO EXEmRun SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot c program files thomson speedtouch usb Dragdiag exe quot iconmRun HP Software Update c program files hp hp software update HPWuSchd exemRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottimemRun iTunesHelper quot d program files itunes iTu... Read more

A:Windows Doesn't Load

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt Will be openedExtra.txt Will be minimizedPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336374/windows-doesnt-load/
Relevancy 45.15%

hi all,

not sure what's wrong, it's been since yesterday that my PC won't start. The first thing I did was to use the windows start CD and followed the procedure suggested here http://www.tomshardware.com/news/win7-windows-7-mbr,10036.html

I went on the BIOS changed the Hard drive BBS to the SSD, and normal HHD, nothing..
oi reboted from the CD i did select the command prompt recovery tool, and
executed the bootrec.exe /FixMbr, which worked, but then the PC still doesn't load windows....

Any input is welcome, thank you!

A:windows doesn't load

Hi number,

What did you do the day/night before the PC stopped booting? Any software or hardware changes?

Also, are you able to boot into Safe Mode?

What is the furthest screen you get to when booting up the PC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-doesnt-load.1143454/
Relevancy 45.15%

It's been a week I'm having this problem:
my PC enters in a loop everytime I switch it on... winXP doesn't load, it keeps on starting again everytime I start it.

This problem was caused by me unfortuantely, trying to follow an advice in this forum, in order to erase on start up the option of an operating system which I don't have (win 2K) , Ihave erased a string and now I got this problem.
Windows XP doesn't load, it goes on a loop.
I'm quite desperate.

A:win XP doesn't load, it goes on a loop

Download this file to your desktop :

xp pro - http://www.svrops.com/svrops/downloads/zipfiles/xpprobt.exe

Then insert a floppy in the drive, double click on the downloaded file. That should start a loading process on the floppy. When complete you must set the bios boot otion on the busted system to first bootfloppy. Then with the floppy in the drive reboot it.

When ot loads as I suspect it should, go to the control panel / folder options / then set it to show hidden files and folders as well as uncheck the hide protected operating system files.

Now open windows explorer and click on c drive. Then download the attached file, rename it to boot.ini copy and paste the attached file into the cd drive and let it overwrite the current file..

Try rebooting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-doesnt-load-it-goes-on-a-loop.364504/
Relevancy 45.15%

im using windows xp home and i have loading some websites on firefox/ie....and also google chrome...some websites just doesn't load....it just stucks in loading....in my firefox add-on plugins......i can see shockwave flash installed but i cannot find flash player...are they the same?heres how it stucks...

A:some webpages doesn't load

Hi Dylanz Of Dylanz,

What firewall are you using? Will the Adobe page load if you disable your firewall temporarily?

If that doesn't work, what are your settings if you open Firefox, go to Tools / Options and click on Content and on Security?

In Content, are all 4 options checked at the top of the tab?
In Security, is it checked to give you a warning if add-ons are added?
Zllio

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/191146/some-webpages-doesnt-load/
Relevancy 45.15%

clicking on web site brings up my printer app instead of intended link. please advise

Relevancy 45.15%

I have a PC with WindowsXP. When I am trying to download QuickTime I am asked 'do you want to save the file?' and when I am then clicking 'Yes' (or accept) nothing happens: no other message "where to download.." and when I am looking into the control panel / list of software there is no QuickTime.. May it be this download is working only for an Apple PC ? If yes - where to get a download for ordinary PC'S ?

A:quicktime doesn't load

Try downloading it from here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL837

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quicktime-doesnt-load.1079783/
Relevancy 45.15%

hi! i'm new here.i have a problem with my windows sp. my windows doesn't load, there's just a windows starting sound and wallpaper loaded. when i open windows task manager, it shows something like this. http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=u...led1copykx3.jpgbut it's not every time i turn on my notebook. and sometimes windows starting very slowly, and cannot connect to the internet (LAN).and if it runs ok, it would be a pop up, i think of the LAN. http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1tr0.jpgwhat can i do?thank you.

A:Windows Doesn't Load

In Task Manager - go to File, then to New Task. Type in "explorer.exe" (wihout the quotes) and press Enter.Does this restore your desktop? Also, try iexplore.exe to see if you can bring up Internet Explorer. If you can, then go immediately to http://safety.live.com and perform the free online scan.The second image is an alert telling you that the site that you're trying to visit doesn't have a valid security certificate. It's a caution for you - so if you don't know what site it is - don't go there!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68718/windows-doesnt-load/
Relevancy 45.15%

when I turn on my computer I immediately get a series of colored vertical lines. I cannpt get it to enter setup or safe mode. I have sitched monitors, but same thing happens.

Has anybody encountered this before? All assistance would be appreciated...

Relevancy 45.15%

I try to run GTA and it doesn t load before I updated to it used to give me a rockstar splash screen I don t that now but I ve uninstalled reinstalled like - times I have task manager open in the background and gta 3 GTA properly Doesn't Load exe shows up in processes for like a split second then disappears I ve included my Dxdiag msinfo on the attached txt file I had to cut out a this part for size issues thanks for any help in advance Vampire The Masquerade - Redemption All GTA 3 Doesn't Load properly Users Vampire The Masquerade - Redemption All Users Vampire The Masquerade - Redemption Redemption Multiplayer Chronicles All Users Vampire The Masquerade - Redemption Redemption Multiplayer Chronicles All Users Vampire The Masquerade - Redemption Web Links All Users Vampire The Masquerade - Redemption Web Links All Users Windows Media All Users Windows Media All Users Windows Media Utilities All Users Windows Media Utilities All Users WinRAR All Users WinRAR All Users Yahoo Messenger All Users Yahoo Messenger All Users Accessories NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Accessories NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Accessories Accessibility NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Accessories Accessibility NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Accessories Entertainment NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Accessories Entertainment NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Startup NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Startup NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Accessories SPIDERMAN Bryan Accessories SPIDERMAN Bryan Accessories Accessibility SPIDERMAN Bryan Accessories Accessibility SPIDERMAN Bryan Accessories Entertainment SPIDERMAN Bryan Accessories Entertainment SPIDERMAN Bryan ATI Multimedia Center SPIDERMAN Bryan ATI Multimedia Center SPIDERMAN Bryan DeadAIM SPIDERMAN BryaneadAIM SPIDERMAN Bryan eMule SPIDERMAN Bryan eMule SPIDERMAN Bryan Eyetide Viewer SPIDERMAN Bryan Eyetide Viewer SPIDERMAN Bryan Fusion Pack SPIDERMAN Bryan Fusion Pack SPIDERMAN Bryan Fusion Pack Fusion NET SPIDERMAN Bryan Fusion Pack Fusion NET SPIDERMAN Bryan Fusion Pack Fusion NET Partners SPIDERMAN Bryan Fusion Pack Fusion NET Partners SPIDERMAN Bryan Fusion Pack Fusion NET Partners u Servers SPIDERMAN Bryan Fusion Pack Fusion NET Partners u Servers SPIDERMAN Bryan Fusion Pack Fusion NET Partners Art Of War Central SPIDERMAN Bryan Fusion Pack Fusion NET Partners Art Of War Central SPIDERMAN Bryan Java Web Start SPIDERMAN Bryan Java Web Start SPIDERMAN Bryan Lavasoft Ad-aware SPIDERMAN Bryan Lavasoft Ad-aware SPIDERMAN Bryan Nokia Melodies SPIDERMAN Bryan Nokia Melodies SPIDERMAN Bryan Object Desktop SPIDERMAN Bryan Object Desktop SPIDERMAN Bryan Object Desktop Forums amp Links SPIDERMAN Bryan Object Desktop Forums amp Links SPIDERMAN Bryan Object Desktop IconPackager SPIDERMAN Bryan Object Desktop IconPackager SPIDERMAN Bryan Object Desktop Object Desktop SPIDERMAN Bryan Object Desktop Object Desktop SPIDERMAN Bryan Object Desktop WindowBlinds SPIDERMAN Bryan Object Desktop WindowBlinds SPIDERMAN Bryan Palm Desktop SPIDERMAN Bryanalm Desktop SPIDERMAN Bryan Quake III Arena SPIDERMAN Bryan Quake III Arena SPIDERMAN Bryan Return to Castle Wolfenstein SPIDERMAN Bryan Return to Castle Wolfenstein SPIDERMAN Bryan Return to Castle Wolfenstein Return to Castle Wolfenstein Help SPIDERMAN Bryan Return to Castle Wolfenstein Return to Castle Wolfenstein Help SPIDERMAN Bryan Sierra SPIDERMAN Bryan Sierra SPIDERMAN Bryan Sierra Blue Shift SPIDERMAN Bryan Sierra Blue Shift SPIDERMAN Bryan Sierra Opposing Force SPIDERMAN Bryan Sierra Opposing Force SPIDERMAN Bryan SmartSMS SPIDERMAN Bryan SmartSMS SPIDERMAN Bryan Startup SPIDERMAN Bryan Startup SPIDERMAN Bryan Trillian SPIDERMAN Bryan Trillian SPIDERMAN Bryan Tweak-XP Pro SPIDERMAN Bryan Tweak-XP Pro SPIDERMAN Bryan Winamp SPIDERMAN Bryan Winamp SPIDERMAN Bryan WinRAR SPIDERMAN Bryan WinRAR SPIDERMAN Bryan Startup Programs Program Command User Name Location desktop desktop ini NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Startup desktop desktop ini SPIDERMAN Bryan Startup Eyetide Launcher eyetide launcher lnk SPIDERMAN Bryan Startup HotSync Manager hotsync manager lnk SPIDERMAN Bry... Read more

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I have Win XP, lots of memory no new programs but recently XP goes into the dos mode when opening and asks to push F1 or F2 for general set up.

I push F2 and my date and time are whey off like 2002 - (which changes everything globally) so I have to reset that each time I reboot.

Ive got virus checks and firewall so I cant see it being a virus.

any ideas?

Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys, I have Windows XP Home Edition, and I have this problem with my computer where it boots up to the screen where it has the XP logo and it says "Windows is starting up...", the screen right before it displays the usernames and such. And it just stays at that screen and it never loads. I've let it load for about 1 hour even one time and it still doesnt move. I've tried reseating my RAM and my video card and nothing. I cleaned all dust with a air can and still nothing. Any help guys? Thanks.

A:Computer Doesn't Load

HiShukuda ,

Welcome to the forum. We do need some more information about your unit.

What motherboard, what CPU, what video card, what power supply (watts and brand name), what drive (include Sata or Pata, brand name and size), and other pertinent information about your unit.

What is your boot order in the BIOS setup menu? It should be:

CDRom - 1st
Floppy - 2nd
Hard Drive - 3rd

**Don't forget to save before you exit.

Are you using 80 connector cables for any IDE hard drives?

What is your hard drive set up? Jumpers, where on cable, what type and size drives.

Post back with some more information and we can take a look at your situation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-doesnt-load-79098.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a fibre internet connection 100mbps download nad 50mbps upload.It worked correctly until now.my problem is that,when i go to specific sites it won't load(some times it loads after serveral minutes.)but google is loading like normally.sometime gmail is not.this also happens to youtube.but google is loading fine everytime.I checked speedtest results and there is no problem in there.Could you help me on this?thanks.

I already tried these-- Changing web browser(google chrome to firefox etc
Tried in different computer(using wifi)
thanks!

Relevancy 45.15%

QUOTE ANY Web Load Doesn't Pages Go The Power what firewall do you have QUOTE Doesn't Load ANY Web Pages Hi I am having this same problem I write this to you Doesn't Load ANY Web Pages on the same PC I am having the issue however using firefox So Doesn't Load ANY Web Pages that tells me a few things A its not really a DNS issue B Its not a router or ISP issue C Something is whacked in IE Sorry the last part is a bit obvious I have tried everything and quite embarrassed to say that I am a Geek by profession And am at a loss So what I have done Everything in this article http support microsoft com kb This Click Start gt Run type in CMD press OK Copy and paste this into the Command prompt netsh winsock reset catalog Press Enter Then copy and paste this in netsh int ip reset reset log Press Enter When finished restart your computer And Uninstalled IE is still broken after uninstalled SP Uninstalled Zonealarm x x I also used malwarebytes to scan for the standard items Reinstalled Java Flash The only time I could ever get IE to work all the time was in safe mode with network support Sometimes I get lucky and it works for that session But if I open another IE window that one will not work I can open other tabs in the Temporally working IE window but a new IE window by clicking on any of the Icons or the EXE would most likely fail Also some helpful information is Turning off all services running IE in quot no add-on quot mode etc does nothing Sorry for the epic Anyone have any thoughts I really do not want to have to an in-place re-install they never go quite the way you want them to go but that is the only thing left I can think of Thanks Spinaltaprocks Sorry one more thing Performing this step Method Run the Network Diagnostics tool in Internet Explorer crashes IE

A:Doesn't Load ANY Web Pages

hello and welcome

please try this

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/06/12/628499.aspx

if it fails plea se do this
Click Here to download ToolbarCop. Save it to your desktop.
Go to your desktop and extract toolbarcop.zip.
Go to the extracted files
Double click on Toolbarcop.exe
Click on the notepad symbol:
A notepad file should pop up, please copy and paste Everything from the notepad file and paste it back into this thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/doesnt-load-any-web-pages-322907.html
Relevancy 45.15%

The same thing happenend to me this morning. So is the computer is toast? What about the files, music, photo's, etc. Can they be saved?

A:Windows doesn't load

Please let us know the symptoms and what led up to this event.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176313/windows-doesnt-load/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, using windows 7. Trying to load to safe mode, once it starts loading, it gets stuck on agp400... How do I fix that? Or skip loading my graphical card?

Thanks

Relevancy 45.15%

I have recently installed Windows XP Pro (I had several problems while doing so, as it kept freezing mid-installation, but i eventually managed to install it). Anyway, now that I've installed it, it doesn't load upto the welcome screen - it gets to a screen saying "welcome", but doesn't go beyond to the welcome screen with all the user names etc. It only loads in safe mode. Could anyone please help me?

A:Windows doesn't load up

Hi and welcome to TSG.
Boot from Xp Cd...when prompted press [R]
Choose your Windows installation typically by pressing [1]
Press [Return] when prompted for a password.
Type..chkdsk /r [note space]
Press Return.
Windows will fix errors..when finished>type Exit> and press Return.
Let us know the result.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-doesnt-load-up.491441/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys, I got a bsod a few hours ago and now windows gives me wired lines instead of loading. I have it set to no boot GUI so I'm familiar with the eight blue dots in the corner of the screen, but now there are more dots.
I have booted with the windows recovery cd into a command prompt and had a look at the disks, it doesn't see my system disk :/ the other drives are listed though.
Any help would be highly respected, I'm desperate.
[IMG]http://s11.**************/rkyxw6k2b/DSC_0099.jpg[/IMG]

A:W7 Doesn't load, can't see drive

Boot into BIOS setup to check if HD is detected. If so work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/258257-w7-doesnt-load-cant-see-drive.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys this is fairly long so bear with me Came back to my PC the other day and it was turned off when I had left it it was still on To cut a long bit short I discovered it was the fuse in the plug for the PSU power lead So I replaced the fuse doesn't boots, load XP PC turned on the mains and BANG - PSU blew up while it was still installed in PC Took it out replaced with other PSU - started up PC and it would boot OK and give me the single beep but then would stay on a black screen and not proceed to the Windows PC boots, XP doesn't load splash screen So I tried booting into safe mode this gave varied results - sometimes it would freeze when loading the various files at that black screen other times it would actually let me log into Windows but then freeze straight away and I had to reboot So I booted from the windows cd-rom and it would get as far as saying quot Setup is loading Windows quot or similar then freeze Next ordered another hd removed old one - installed the new blank one ran the Windows bootable cd and this time it installed Windows fine There I was thinking everything was now OK - not so The PC was very unstable and kept crashing while installing new programs and using programs etc I ve gone back to it today and now I am having the same problems as the previous hard drive Windows won t load either way and I can t even re-install from the Windows cd-rom as that freezes like before as well Basically all this leads me to believe it s gotta be something to do with some other hardware that was affected by the initial PSU blowing up Would I be right in this assumption and if so - how do I find out what is the problem component Any help advice answers etc will help a lot - thanx for reading the essay nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi. I'm having issues getting Windows to load up. It hangs after that "Windows XP" screen with the loading bar. I'm able to load into Safe Mode normally.

I've tried System Restoring to several points with no luck. I've also tried booting up without the services and startup running, no good.

Any help would be appreciated...let me know what other info you need. I have Service Pack 2.

A:Windows doesn't load up

bump

For the record, I have XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-doesnt-load-up.568933/
Relevancy 45.15%

i can hit ctrl alt and delete and access things from there but the desktop itself doesn't load, it just shows the background picture no icons or start up button

Relevancy 45.15%

Anyone else having problems with facebook page loading? I can't even load the login page, tried in both google chrome and internet explorer, i live in Greece

A:Facebook doesn't load

No problem here in Turkey.

You can try using a proxy to see if you can get there.

You can try ZenMate, a browser based VPN (free at the moment).

Also, you can check whether a site is down or not with Down For Everyone Or Just Me -> Check if your website is down or up?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/371202-facebook-doesnt-load.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Certain websites won't load on my specific computerfor example http://www.channelsurfing.net/ does not work on this computer, but it works on the other two computers in my house. All of these computers are all connected to the same network.Tried it on both Firefox and IE and they both tell me it is unable to connect to the website. But every other website works. I am using a Linksys WRT54g router. This computer is connected directly via ethernet. The other two computers that the website loads on are connected to this router wirelessly.Possible causes are router, firewall (norton internet security firewall). I have however turned off the NIS firewall and still gettin the same results.Also turned off Peerblock and still getting the same results... so really the only thing I can think of is the router, but how can I fix it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318715/why-doesnt-certain-websites-load/
Relevancy 45.15%

my win7 doesn't load after the "starting windows" page.

re-installed it so i can't even go into safe mode because it says it needs to be in normal operating mode to resume installation.

it was working fine one day and at the next boot up, it won't load anymore.

help anyone?

A:windows doesn't load

Quote: Originally Posted by jaytang

my win7 doesn't load after the "starting windows" page.

re-installed it so i can't even go into safe mode because it says it needs to be in normal operating mode to resume installation.

it was working fine one day and at the next boot up, it won't load anymore.

help anyone?

what build are you running? did you add any hardware or software that could be the culprit? do you know how to repair your installation?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/14009-windows-doesnt-load.html
Relevancy 44.72%

First off sorry if someone has already posted with this issue I am a strong believer of quot if you Windows Doesn't Load Explorer can't find it on Google you'll never find it quot but this is Windows Explorer Doesn't Load really starting to get on my nerves a bit Windows Explorer Doesn't Load as I've spent hours of my time trying to get to the bottom of it times out of when i open an explorer window whether it be 'My Computer' from both desktop shortcut and start menu shortcut or control panel devices and printers etc I get a blank window The green loading bar at the top slowly progresses through and then hangs towards the end I once left it for hours to no effect I was wondering if you guys had any idea on what the issue could be and how i could fix it If i restart my machine it fixes the issue briefly then starts again I have found a work around however If i open my computer then right click the 'My Computer' shortcut on the right hand tool bar and click 'Open in new window' explorer opens perfectly and then works for about half an hour before breaking again Hopefully you all have enough information and some genius out there will solve what i could not Thanks guys

A:Windows Explorer Doesn't Load

As a side note. I tried to replicate the issue in safe mode and as far as i'm aware, there wasn't one... But obviously the screen res was making my eyes implode, so i couldn't stay like that for too long.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explorer-doesnt-load-646785.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a new build with Windows 7 64 bit. I am trying to install Java. I have downloaded it and tried to load it. I get to the installing Java screen and nothing happens. I don't understand. What could be the problem?

Relevancy 44.72%

... the rootkit recognize these software ?

My problem is related to msguard ..... maybe I'v been infected with a variant of msguard rootkit.

with gmer I can see the hooks on the kernel function, so I'm sure that a rootkit is present.

It has created also a user zXeGCDT that I deleted ..... and with erd commander I deleted also his hidden directory but it is not enough.

how could I avoid that this rootkit forbid me to execute combofix?

I would be a bit more clear. When I try to lauch combofix a console opens, some file appears on desktop but immediatly the console is closed and the files disappereas. If I try to execute combofix directly from a console you see program to start for 1 sec ... after that OS says "file not found" ...as rootkit recognizes the application and return file not found filtering the system calls.

Any idea????

A:Combofix.exe And Smitfraudfix Doesn't Load

I was able to launch rustbfix this is the log:************************* Rustock.b-fix -- By ejvindh *************************Mon 11/12/2006 20:47:32.87******************* Pre-run Status of system *******************Rootkit driver msguard is found. Starting the unload-procedure....Examine the Avenger-logfile in order to assess the success of the unload-procedureRustock.b-ADS attached to the System32-folder:No streams found.******************* Post-run Status of system *******************Rustock.b-driver on the system: msguard YOU NEED TO CONSULT MORE ADVANCED TOOLS!!The Gmer-rootkitscanner may be a good place to start.Gmer rootkit-scanner may be found here: http://www.gmer.netRustock.b-ADS attached to the System32-folder:No streams found.******************************* End of Logfile ********************************Logfile of The Avenger version 1, by Swandog46Running from registry key:\Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\cihhthda*******************Script file located at: \??\C:\WINNT\rnqnfkud.txtScript file opened successfully.Script file read successfullyBackups directory opened successfully at C:\Avenger*******************Beginning to process script file:Registry key \Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\msguard not found!Unload of driver msguard failed!Could not process line:msguardStatus: 0xc0000034Program C:\Rustbfix\2run.bat successfully set up to run once on reboot.Completed script processing.*******************Finished! Terminate.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------As you can see msguard was found but not unloaded.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74930/combofixexe-and-smitfraudfix-doesnt-load/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,
Safe mode isn't working for me for few months, but only now I need it badly so I came here to ask for help.
What happens is that it gets stuck on the black screen with the list of .sys files that it tries to load.
I tried removing the .sys file that appears last when it gets stuck, but it didn't help.
Normal mode is currently inaccessible as well.
I have Hiren on USB.

I'm using XP Pro SP3, Ge-force 250GTS, Hitachi 1000GB HDD.
Any other info needed? If so, please tell me and let me know how to retrieve it from the computer.

Please help.
Thank you
Guy

A:Safe mode doesn't load

This topic already reported to staff and will be look into, this topic may need to move.

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503172/safe-mode-doesnt-load/
Relevancy 44.72%

my teenage daughter has had a tantrum and slammed her laptop. When trying to start normally I get BSOD so tried startup repair both from the laptop and installation disk. It loads but just then stuck on a blueish windows screen. I'm guessing she has managed to actually damage the hardware but wondering if any other steps before attempting a fresh install of OS?

Thanks for any advice

Frustrated father!!

A:Startup repair doesn't load

Hi Masplin,

Could you provide more detail on what the BSOD error is? I know you will be unable to post logs of this however the error code would be most helpful to us.

- A helpful member

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/366374-startup-repair-doesnt-load.html
Relevancy 44.72%

The page doesn't load properly every now and then and looks kind of broken.

For example, the table codes are not loaded so the left column appears as usual (but looks weird) the middle column ends up below the left column (it should be on the right of the left column if it is loaded properly). The regular bluish background doesn't load and I only see a white background.

What is the cause of this problem?

Is it a problem with the webhost server (it did not send the data well)?
A problem with my web browser (shouldn't be the case..)?
A problem with my internet connection?
or a problem with my OS and software (other than the browser)?

A:Page doesn't load properly - what's the cause?

Have you tried switching to Compatibility View?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/133866-page-doesnt-load-properly-whats-cause.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Whenever I log in or any account logs in explorer.exe doesn't load.
I don't have any viruses, restore didn't work, running sfc /scannow at the moment.

Could it be corrupt and if it is corrupted how can I fix it?

A:Explorer doesn't load on startup

Have you tried reinstalling Windows 7 yet? Seems a little extreme, but if System Restore didn't work, it's the only other feasible option I could think of.

-- Ryan
Window Outreach Team

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/372992/explorer-doesnt-load-on-startup/
Relevancy 44.72%

Recently my computer was infected with the Winfixer or Vundo virus. I used HijackThis when antivirus programs didn't remove it completely. Using HijackThis and VundoFix with the advice of a 2 spyware forum member I removed it from my system. I also deleted a file called d_kmd.sys (NOT df_kmd.sys) from the WINDOWS\system32 folder at his advice - I can't find anything on it, so I wonder if it was really malciious. At that point it seemed to be removed and I saw no more popups. Good, until this morning, when I started up my computer. It refuses to start up saying there is that the WINDOWS\system32 folder is corrupt. This appears on the black screen...

I have Windows XP Home Edition. Is there any way I can fix this, and still keep the data on the computer? I know reformmatting would work but I don't wish to do that.

Thank you.

A:Xp Doesn't Load After Winfixer Removal

Hi enteryournameI'm not too sure what to suggest. The df_kmd.sys.htm is bad:http://www.greatis.com/appdata/d/d/df_kmd.sys.htmHowever i cannot find any infomation on d_kmd.sysIt is possible that you have deleted an essential windows file. I recommend you try a Windows repair install:http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htmThis will not reformat and delete your files, but it will repair/replace essential system files. David

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41661/xp-doesnt-load-after-winfixer-removal/
Relevancy 44.72%

For some reason, my internet doesn't load certain pages. There is nothing wrong with my internet though because it does load fast for some websites and for other it just doesn't do anything regardless of how big the website is. I am using my other computer right now and everything works perfectly so it is not connection problem.

For example, www.google.com loads perfectly fine. When i do a search on google, it doesn't load. I have waited a hour and nothing happens. Sites like yahoo used to load perfectly fine but it doesn't load anymore. I have tried different internet browsers including internet explorer, firefox, and opera but the same thing happens.

If you guys want more information, ask away. Does anyone have a clue about what is happening here?

Thanks in advance.

A:Internet doesn't load certain pages

It wouldn't hurt to try the following:

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem in Internet Explorer, follow these steps: 1. Quit all programs that are running.
2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. Type: regsvr32 urlmon.dll and then click OK.
4. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.
If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):
Shdocvw.dll
Actxprxy.dll
Oleaut32.dll
Mshtml.dll
Browseui.dll
Shell32.dll

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281679/EN-US/
Note that there's a spae between the 32 and the dll file name.

Tufenuf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-doesnt-load-certain-pages.703317/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,
I have tried everything in order to get my Windows 8 store to load so I can upgrade to 8.1.
Nothing seems to work, I have tried a clean boot, resetting settings, change date/time, clear proxy etc.
The weird thing is IE works in desktop mode but doesn't work in metro mode.
Does this have something to do with it?
I am at a loss and it is very annoying!
Thanks,
Terry

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2b1c4571-44ea-4a1c-ade5-a5c91fac16a2/windows-8-store-doesnt-load?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 44.72%

The other night we had a power outage. The next morning I booted my computer only to get the "Windows Repair" or "Start Normally" options. I chose Normal to begin. Windows never loaded after almost an hour. I shut down and chose Repair the second time. Windows loaded files but never booted into windows after even a couple hours of letting it sit. I bought a new harddrive thinking that might be the problem. I've tried booting from the Win 7 DVD on both the old and new drive. I get to the "Starting Windows" screen and it just sits there on both drives. I've let it set for as much as 4 hours. I've looked through the forums but have not found this exact problem. I've tried the AVG boot disk and it crashes also. Any ideas?

A:Windows 7 Doesn't Load from Harddrive or DVD

Quote: Originally Posted by LogMae

The other night we had a power outage. The next morning I booted my computer only to get the "Windows Repair" or "Start Normally" options. I chose Normal to begin. Windows never loaded after almost an hour. I shut down and chose Repair the second time. Windows loaded files but never booted into windows after even a couple hours of letting it sit. I bought a new harddrive thinking that might be the problem. I've tried booting from the Win 7 DVD on both the old and new drive. I get to the "Starting Windows" screen and it just sits there on both drives. I've let it set for as much as 4 hours. I've looked through the forums but have not found this exact problem. I've tried the AVG boot disk and it crashes also. Any ideas?

After 3 days of searching through the forums I finally tested my memory. I had ONE bad stick of RAM. After removal...it works fine.

Use the mem test that is linked in these forums.

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/183268-windows-7-doesnt-load-harddrive-dvd.html
Relevancy 44.72%

If I leave my computer off overnight, or any significant amount of time, the internet won't work on the first boot. If i reboot after the initial boot then it works. So pretty much I have to start my computer up twice for the internet to work.

Any solutions?

A:Internet doesn't "load" until second boot

I would open the task manager after the first boot note what did load and is up and running, then do your second boot and compare. A digital camera would make the task easier, anyway there should be a clue to what may be missing then you can work on the problem. Right now it is just to vague!

Phil

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/280542/internet-doesnt-load-until-second-boot/
Relevancy 44.72%

Since today, my computer doesn't load the explorer anymore. I can still turn on Windows Task Manager though, but when I attempt to run explorer.exe, nothing happens.

Prior to this, there have been a variety of issues with my computer. The last successful time I was able to access the explorer, my background had changed to a message saying "WARNING, your computer is currently infected with spyware. All you can do with computer is stored forever..."

Thank you very much for all your help.

A:Explorer doesn't load anymore

Hi, rickcsong!

Judging by this :

"WARNING, your computer is currently infected with spyware. All you can do with computer is stored forever..."

You're infected, no doubt. Spyware is very annoying, and sightly harmful. Please post here making a new thread and refer to this guide when posting, Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-doesnt-load-anymore-376637.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hi I am getting the pproblem of pages freezing up Also when computer reboots the screen desktop doesn't load want to active is white and says i don t have active desktop I have to click on restore active desktop to get the regular desktop back active desktop doesn't want to load i ran spybot and spywareblaster and also antivir and RAV online virus scaan but they didn t find anything i do not have adaware as when i installed their new version onto my older one i got an error message and it wouldn t work for me anymore I think it clashes with my windows active desktop doesn't want to load se i am not missing any dll files or anything so active desktop doesn't want to load my adaware problem isn t that i ran a Hijack this and here it is i see a thing about soyware guard and i no longer have that program as i deleted it after it wouldn t work anyway on my computer can you look over this log and see if anything is strange looking Thank you Violet Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS TEMP HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www geocities com sweepershomepage R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by PeoplePC O - BHO SpywareGuardDLBLOCK CBrowserHelper - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C PROGRAM FILES SPYWAREGUARD DLPROTECT DLL file missing O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Extra context menu item Fill Forms amp - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComFillForms html O - Extra context menu item Save Forms amp - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComSavePass html O - Extra context menu item Customize Menu amp - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComCustomizeIEMenu html O - Extra button Guide - A E A - A- d - B - E E - c windows system shdocvw dll O - Extra button PeoplePC - A E A - A- d - B - E E - c windows PeoplePC hta peopledialer hta O - Extra button Wallet - F B DAE- E- D - B - E AC - C WINDOWS PEOPLEPC BIN PAYMEN DLL O - Extra button RoboForm - d aa- d - d - - e a - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComShowToolbar html O - Extra Tools menuitem RF Toolbar amp - d aa- d - d - - e a - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComShowToolbar html O - Extra button Fill Forms - AF - - D -ABEE-C DBF F - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComFillForms html O - Extra Tools menuitem Fill Forms amp - AF - - D -ABEE-C DBF F - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComFillForms html O - Extra button Save - AF - - D -ABEE-C DBF F - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComSavePass html O - Extra Tools menuitem Save Forms amp - AF - - D -ABEE-C DBF F - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComSavePass html O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YPAGER EXE O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YPAGER EXE O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C PROGRAM FILES AIM AIM EXE O - Trusted Zone http housecall trendmicro com O - DPF World Class Solitaire by pogo - http game pogo com applet- worldclass worldclass-ob-assets cab O - DPF Mah Jong Garden by pogo - http game pogo com applet- mahjong mahjong-ob-assets cab O - DPF Fortune... Read more

A:active desktop doesn't want to load

there must be something here i am not seeing, can you look it over and see if there is anything strange? Thank you
Violet

StartupList report, 11/18/04, 10:44:39 PM
StartupList version: 1.52
Started from : C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\STARTUPLIST.EXE
Detected: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
Detected: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
* Using default options
==================================================

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINZIP\WINZIP32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\STARTUPLIST.EXE

--------------------------------------------------

C:\WINDOWS\WININIT.BAK listing:
(Created 18/11/2004, 8:21:38)

[Rename]
NUL=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\AVSDAM.DLL

C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT listing:

PATH C:\Windows;C:\Windows\Command;C:\DOS ;
rem - By Windows Setup - C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\MSCDEX.EXE /D:CDROM001 /L > nul

Enumerating Browser Helper Objects:

(no name) - C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYWAREGUARD\DLPROTECT.DLL (file missing) - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2}

Enumerating Task Scheduler jobs:

Tune-up Application Start.job

Enumerating Download Program Files:

[Shockwave Flash Object]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MACROMED\FLASH\FLASH.OCX
CODEBASE = http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab

[Shockwave ActiveX Control]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MACROMED\DIRECTOR\SWDIR.DLL
CODEBASE = http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/director/sw.cab

[Update Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IUCTL.DLL
CODEBASE = http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/x86/ansi/iuctl.CAB?38168.9615625

[{469C7080-8EC8-43A6-AD97-45848113743C}]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\NETHV32.DLL
CODEBASE = http://akamai.downloadv3.com/binaries/IA/nethv32_EN.cab

[HouseCall Control]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\DOWNLO~1\XSCAN53.OCX
CODEBASE = http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061001/housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/xscan53.cab

[McFreeScan Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\MCAFEE.COM\FREESCAN\MCFSCAN.DLL
CODEBASE = http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-loc/vso/en-us/tools/mcfscan/2,0,0,4373/mcfscan.cab

[CRAVOnline Object]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\DOWNLOADED PROGRAM FILES\RAVONLINE.DLL
CODEBASE = http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ravonline.cab

[MessengerStatsClient Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\DOWNLOADED PROGRAM FILES\MESSENGERSTATSCLIENT.DLL
CODEBASE = http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsClient.cab30149.cab

[Checkers Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\DOWNLOADED PROGRAM FILES\MSGRCHKR.DLL
CODEBASE = http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/msgrchkr.cab30149.cab

[ZoneIntro Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\DOWNLOADED PROGRAM FILES\ZINTRO.OCX
CODEBASE = http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/ZIntro.cab30149.cab

[MessengerStatsClient Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\DOWNLOADED PROGRAM FILES\MESSENGERSTATSPACLIENT.DLL
CODEBASE = http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsPAClient.cab30149.cab

[AvxScanOnline Control]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\AVXOSCAN\BITDEF~1.OCX
CODEBASE = http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/Msie/bitdefender.cab

[QuickTime Object]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTPLUGIN.OCX
CODEBASE = http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab

[MSN Chat Control 4.5]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\DOWNLOADED PROGRAM FILES\MSNCHAT45.OCX
CODEBASE = http://chat.msn.com/bin/msnchat45.cab

Enumerating ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad items:

WebCheck: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WEBCHECK.DLL

End of report, 4,592 bytes
Report generated i... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/active-desktop-doesnt-want-to-load.298171/
Relevancy 44.72%

For the past week or two IE does not load certain random pages It is usually the same websites that have the problem but more sites seem to be effected as time goes on I ve run Notrton AV Spybot and AdAware SE and fixed any problems found no viruses just some cookie tracking stuff The problem continues and my next option is to start removing software and reinstalling them but I figured I d let someone check out my HT log first I m just about out of ideas so if anyone can help me with this I d IE pages random load doesn't appreciate it Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform IE doesn't load random pages Windows IE doesn't load random pages SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM IE doesn't load random pages MPREXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCEVTMGR EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk D NORTON INTERNET SECURITY NISUM EXE D NORTON INTERNET SECURITY CCPXYSVC EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCAPP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETZERO EXEC EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETZERO EXEC EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETZERO QSACC X EXEC EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C PROGRAM FILES WINZIP WZQKPICK EXE C PROGRAM FILES WINZIP WINZIP EXE C WINDOWS DESKTOP HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http my netzero net s sp r al amp cf amp I NQ amp L g amp M amp N PLHS amp O I R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride searchap untd com localhost windowsupdate microsoft com windowsupdate com wustat windows com pogo com test-speed com lt local gt R - URLSearchHook URLSearchHook Class - D CDBF- AF - AA- -BD D DA C B - C PROGRAM FILES NZSEARCH SEARCHENH DLL O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLL O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO X IEHook Class - EF -D A - AD-A -E CF - C PROGRAM FILES NETZERO QSACC X IEBHO DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar ZeroBar - F C - FB - FE-BA - E DDE - C PROGRAM FILES NETZERO TOOLBAR DLL O - Toolbar ZeroBar - F F ECBE-D - B -B - A E F A - C PROGRAM FILES NETZERO TOOLBAR DLL O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run siscolor color exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMON EXE O - HKLM RunServices ccEvtMgr quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe quot O - HKLM RunServices Nisum D Nort... Read more

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, i'm new here and i was having some doubt with my problem...here goes...

My IE is having a problem to load a page which contain a HTML editor inside. It contain some buttons / features (most of it are same as those which this message typing box contain.) inside the editor. But once i wish to open up that page it seems keep me hang for a while then at last all those content inside can't able to load at all. The situation which i mentioned are shown in the attachment. Please give me some help and it will be most appreciate.

For your information i am using Win Xp Service Pack 2, IE version 6.0.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/the-page-doesnt-load-correctly-110818.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have just bought a WiFi Max to go online with my PSP I have installed the software that came with it but the PSP doesn t find it when I scan for an Access Point I think I might need to open the ZDWlan program but when I click to open it it loads but closes straight away Sometimes it doesn t load Zdwlan Load/show Doesn't up at all I have tried re-installing it but still no luck It does show in Task Manager using just under k in Memory Usage The main thing I want to do is to get ZDWlan program to show Could Zdwlan Doesn't Load/show someone help Thanks By the way the longer I leave it before trying to open it the more it seems to load EG I tried it a while ago and nothing happened after the egg timer appearing for second I left it for a while and just tried it and it appeared on the Taskbar but disappeared

A:Zdwlan Doesn't Load/show

codezunkies has a update for zdwlan which makes it load up because i had this problem. But then i useed the updated zdwlan it WORKED.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/46630/zdwlan-doesnt-loadshow/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am trying to load a CD onto my computer called "Looking Out/Looking In". When I go to run the CD I am prompted to install Quicktime because with out it the program will not run. So I installed Quicktime. And still everytime I go to run the CD I get the same prompt and I click cancel because I know already have Quicktime installed. I can watch the video clips and stuff through quicktime but I can't get to the actual PROGRAM part of the cd and I have been trying for the past two days straight to get this thing to work! can someone PLEASE help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-doesnt-load-properly.671260/
Relevancy 44.72%

For some reason, my internet doesn't load certain pages. There is nothing wrong with my internet though because it does load fast for some websites and for other it just doesn't do anything regardless of how big the website is. I am using my other computer right now and everything works perfectly so it is not connection/router problem I presume.

For example, www.google.com loads perfectly fine. When i do a search on google, it doesn't load. I have waited a hour and nothing happens. Sites like yahoo used to load perfectly fine but it doesn't load anymore. I have tried different internet browsers including internet explorer, firefox, and opera but the same thing happens.

If you guys want more information, ask away. Does anyone have a clue about what is happening here?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-doesnt-load-certain-pages-239960.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I just bought Imac and I clicked to load the pogo games but it won't load.
HELP PLEASE!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pogo-doesnt-load-the-game.1095762/
Relevancy 44.72%

Im using the latest firefox build and win7.
Yahoo mail doesn't load after i log in only in firefox. If i login from chrome/IE and change it to classic it loads fine but not when its the "new" java based one.
Also it loads fine if i use a different firefox profile.
I tried clearing the cookies/cache and same results

A:Firefox doesn't load 1 website

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

What version of Java do you have?

Do you have firefox add-ons such as yahoo toolbar etc? If so try disabling them to see if that helps.

Go to Firefox >> Tools menu >> Options >> Privacy, click show cookies, search for yahoo and delete them all.

Let me know if any of this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-doesnt-load-1-website-616901.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I ve got Windows XP and when I boot up all I get is the desktop background windows explorer doesn t load up I ve searched for similar problems and some have found that it is possible to manually start explorer but if I ctrl alt delete I get the task manager but when I go to file gt new XP Explorer.exe Windows doesn't load with task and enter explorer exe Windows cannot find the file I ve looked in the windows folders but explorer exe appears to have vanished If I start in safe mode I get the same problem I ve tried system restore via msconfig but there are no restore points other than with today s date When I tried to restore to this it said it was not possible I ve downloaded hijack this via my laptop here is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C WINDOWS system Explorer.exe doesn't load with Windows XP taskmgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis hijackthis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Explorer.exe doesn't load with Windows XP Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId F - Explorer.exe doesn't load with Windows XP REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run PRISMSVR EXE quot C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch SpeedTouch g Wireless USB Monitor PRISMSVR EXE quot APPLY O - HKLM Run Ptipbmf rundll exe ptipbmf dll SetWriteCacheMode O - HKLM Run CoolSwitch C WINDOWS system taskswitch exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run UpdReg C W... Read more

Relevancy 44.72%

I was about to play a game yesterday While the game was loading the screen flashed many different colors and made a weird sound I hit the reset button and expected to boot back into Windows Windows went through the first load then came to the second with the Windows logo It loaded about - then stopped I returned later and it still had progressed I got a little worried and tried booting into safe mode This did not work I then popped in the Windows install disk and tried repairing it It repaired and I tried rebooting into Windows The same thing happened I repaired again and the same results slapped me in the face I had installed Fedora Linux on an IDE hard drive a week doesn't Linux and load Windows or two before I popped in this hard drive and tried booting into Linux The Fedora blue screen only loaded just a little bit and wouldn t go any further I tried again and the same thing happened I put the Windows hard drive back in and it still wouldn t start I even reinstalled Windows over the current Windows file system Oh yeah when booting Windows say there is a power issue and go into setup I press delete and Windows and Linux doesn't load enter the bios Under the power control there is a v or something and it s in red It s like or something Is this something with the power supply Could it be a video card issue I need Windows and Linux doesn't load your help very much PC Info Antec Solutions case with antec power supply Asus A V gb Seagate SATA hard drive - Windows gb Western Digital A friend s - Linux GeForce ti mb x AGP video card mb PC DDR SDRAm nbsp Windows and Linux doesn't load

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-and-linux-doesnt-load.204197/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and I'm not sure if this is the right section; english is not my native language, so I'm sorry if I do some mistakes.
I have a desktop pc with windows 7 and from a few days firefox doesn't load any page, but the internet icon says that internet is connected.
I have a notebook with windows 8 too and with the same cable that is connected with the desktop pc it works (With the Wifi it works too).
From the "Local Area Connection Status" it says:
Ipv4 connectivity: Internet
Ipv6 connectivity: No Internet access.
I read a similar post on this forum and someone said that disabling the antivirus (I have avast) can work.
I did this and everything works.
So my question is: what should I do?
Disinstalling Avast and installing another antivirus?

A:Firefox doesn't load any page?

Ok I removed Avast and it works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/344607-firefox-doesnt-load-any-page.html