Windows Support Forum

User Account Control Notification and Admin Privileges

Q: User Account Control Notification and Admin Privileges

I m a new convert to win from XP so forgive the newbie questions I have a program installed that came with my SSD hard drive by Samsung and every time I start windows I get a pop up box saying quot Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer quot Samsung Magician Application I click yes How do I make it stop notifying me on this Under settings I lowered the Control User Privileges Admin and Account Notification bar to the nd notch up on the scale of quot always quot to quot never quot I can t eliminate notifications User Account Control Notification and Admin Privileges on a per application basis I don t want to lower it to quot never quot because then I ll never be notified of something I might need to know Also most times when I try to drag a file into another folder I get a pop up saying I need Administrator privileges User Account Control Notification and Admin Privileges to do User Account Control Notification and Admin Privileges this and I click quot continue quot but it does it anyway When I installed windows I think I set myself as Administrator so I don t understand why it keeps telling me this but still performs the action nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: User Account Control Notification and Admin Privileges

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 24.08%

Hi, I have a single network with wired and wireless connection. I would like to control bandwidth usage by the users because some users just download big files while others watch movies on the network.
how best and how first can I solve this?
is it possible for me to allocate bandwidth to a specific access point?
I badly want to find users who are watching movies or downloading big files and control them.
thank you

A:Bandwidth monitoring and control

First caveat, there's a difference between Monitoring vs Controlling bandwidth.

That said, Paessler has good tools for monitoring. It is not clear that they also control.

They document Four Methods of Monitoring.

Download and use the 30-day free trial.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bandwidth-monitoring-and-control.216145/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello,

I bought a R9 270X by XFX. My current specs are:

CPU: AMD A10 7800k (Standard Clock Speeds, Graphics Disabled)
RAM: 4GB (2 sticks, both working)
Motherboard: FM2, Gigabyte
PSU: 500 watt 80+ Cert Silver
HDD: 500GB WD Blue

So the issue is that the R9 card consistenly crashes out of all games no matter if I uninstall the drivers or reinstall them. I have tried removing the drivers through catalyst control center and through application based tools (DisplayDriverUninstaller). Once I uninstall and reinstall, it works, until the computer is restarted and then rinse and repeat.

Is this the card saying it is dying? If so it is a weird way of graphics card dying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/r9-270x-doa-or-user-error.209138/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi,

Kindly advise how can I avoid the control and traffic limit set on the TP LINK router by the admin ? We are not operating through servers.....just a router and switch. The purpose is I can download without identifying its my PC.

A:Avoid Bandwidth/traffic control on router

avoid the control and traffic limit set on the TP LINK router by the adminClick to expand...

Be a good Net citizen and play by the rules. Techspot does not knowingly support hacking or hackers and bypassing the settings of an admin is hacking.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/avoid-bandwidth-traffic-control-on-router.208237/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello there,
You can't buy these any more, and there's nothing on ebay.
Anyone have any ideas or one to sell. please let me know!
-Lisa renee

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-control-pod-for-altec-lansing-fx4021-speaker-system.207745/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi,

I am playing around with Server 2012. If I want to have a laptop configured for "at office use" with option to go on site, what would be the best way to do that in order to retain access to shared locations on server that is "at office"?

Should I create a standard windows account unrelated to my domain controller, and have them VPN regardless if they are in office or on site? Or is there a way to have a laptop configured for domain use, where it will still be functional (local computer use) on site outside of the office, even without internet connection (I know you can's VPN without it).

Thanks

A:Best way to set up local and remote user with Server 2012

Well this is kind of interesting. You can in fact use a domain laptop away from the local network as long as you have logged into int once on the domain so it can cache your password for future log ins. Now comes to the more difficult part of your question's. Accessing files remotely while not online, you can set up what is called offline files. Offline files will give you acess to your files away from domain network. So if you choose to do offline files any changes made to the file while away from the domain controller where you shares are set up will have to be synced once back on the domain network. So if you make changes to lets say docA while off domain network, once you get back to domain network you will have to sync offline files to the server to update any changes you have made. This set up would not require offsite network but can bring problems when syncing once you reconnect on domain. But now lets say you have the same shares and now you have multiple individials with the same access to the shares. Say you make changes to docA and the other person makes changes to docA while offiste. Once you both reconnect and sync to server you could have issues with data such as duplicate information or doc merging. VPN would be the best option for sure....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-set-up-local-and-remote-user-with-server-2012.206403/
Relevancy 21.07%

I bought a ADSL Modem D-Link 2730U

We are connecting to the Modem via Laptop, PC, Phone,... at the same time.

I want to know how can I monitor network(Receive/Send) for each user who connected to the Modem.

Can I do such thing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-network-for-each-user-connected-to-adsl-router-modem.206910/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have joined a computer (PC1) to a domain control server (2008), and user able to login using their domain user account - although recently I have found out that even though the computer (PC1) do not connect to a server, user still able to access using their domain account.
Is there a way for me to restrict domain account user from accessing the computer (PC1) if they are disconnected from server?
Hope my explanation make sense to you guyz.

Thank in advance

A:Prevening domain user from accessing Computer

Lots to be considered. Joining a domain is intended to give the company admin configuration control of all the company users.
This is normal, expected and even proper for the company to do this.

restrict domain account userClick to expand...

hmm; only the company admin should be able to do this and almost always it is done using some scripts, NOT by loggin into your PC. So - - who is accessing your PC remotely, the admin - - how do you know this occurs?

PCs joined to a domain usually get a replacement for PC Login - - the network form and that creates a link to the domain controller.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/prevening-domain-user-from-accessing-computer.204127/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a kenwood kdc-x798 and 2 12'' inch kickers powered by a kicker zx750.1

the rca ports on the deck read from top to bottom
sw
front
rear

and on the amp it only has input and output rca ports

my subs only work on the front rca port on the deck
and on this port I cant control my sw gain (-15 to +15)
and I cant turn them off on the deck neither even though there is
the option to. I can change sub output with the bass control though

on the sw rca port the subs just don't work even though all the settings are set
to have them on and working (that I know of)

please help, I like subs but not all the time

A:Can't control my subwoofers through my deck

Car http://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/excelon/kdc-x798/ or home?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-control-my-subwoofers-through-my-deck.203644/
Relevancy 21.93%

I finally found out why my wireless keyboard didn't work as I mentioned in another thread several months back.
Evidently the USB wifi thingy was in a USB port that didn't work. When I was going thru this thread http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-device.202706/
I removed it thinking it might be the unknown device.
Anyhow, I've been trying to find the manual for my wireless KB & can't find it.
I'm not sure which number(s) I need. MS PART NO. X820309-001
Serial number or Product ID? Here it is

A:MS Keyboard user manual help

Well, I went here http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/wireless-keyboard-3000 & despite the fact its default language is English, the downloads are in any language BUT.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-keyboard-user-manual-help.202759/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have networked PCs before many times successfully so this is not my first time trying to network PCs in a home environment Though I m wondering if Windows is part of the problem I would have thought that for sure until one of the name credentials bad password? user with unknown even correct failure: or "Logon new laptops running W would not connect to any of the other three PCs Laptops running W Yet these other three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to this laptop Then it gets a little more "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password? even with correct credentials interesting this same laptop that couldn t connect to those three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to a Windows desktop and a XP Laptop and those two can also connect back to it without issue It s almost like my network is divided in half and only half can talk to each other But then when I thought it couldn t get any more interesting I realized the first three W PCs Laptops can talk to the others it s just that the others W Laptop W Desktop XP Laptop can t talk back to them without getting the error quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password even though the username and password are correct I don t fully understand this error because on the surface it s just WRONG My username and password are correct but it appears something somewhere is interfering or hijacking the authentication process Three of the computers laptops are brand new just purchased last week and setup this week The HostPC is also fairly new just purchased last month I am not using a HomeGroup and have removed all computers that were part of a HomeGroup I have enabled file sharing and network discovery and enabled Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers on all PCs I have DSL and am using the wireless modem provided by my ISP which has router functionality built into it It is a Sagemcom Model F ST N All computers are connected wirelessly Time is correct on all PCs I cannot use Group Policy since they re all Standard or Home edition DHCP is enabled and all computers are on the same subnet using the x range of ip addresses The six computers are as follows I figured this may make is easier to visualize the layout HostPC HP Desktop W PC Name DrsBlend U N DrsBlend p w not showing my real password PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Desktop W SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC Dell Laptop XP SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W Every PC stated above has the same user name and password and is logged-in with the username DrsBlend and the password The quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password happens when trying to access HostPC PC or PC from PC PC or PC The HostPC can see and connect to all the PCs but only PC and PC can talk back or access the HostPC It s like the HostPC and PC and PC are in their own little clique and can talk back and forth to each other Those three PCs can also talk to PC PC and PC as well but PC PC and PC cannot talk back to them HostPC PC PC Profile corruption I would have entertained that thought but the fact the first three PCs can access and talk to one another kind of defeats that idea and the fact the PCs were just recently setup Firewall Disabled and disabled TrendMicro with no change With them on off the first three PCs can still talk to each other and the rest of the PCs Anyone have any additional suggestions nbsp

A:"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password” even with correct credentials

I experienced a similar problem when I was trying to network my 8.1 machine the host network. As you say the host PC can see and connect to all of the machines, but not the other way around. Not sure if it is the same in your situation but I found that Microsoft's idea of network sharing on the Windows 8 class of OS differs greatly from previous OS's in that you can connect to it from an external host, but when trying to do the other way around it doesn't "see" the PC in question due to differing network sharing protocols included in the OS.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am speaking only from what happened with my network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logon-failure-unknown-user-name-or-bad-password%E2%80%9D-even-with-correct-credentials.201313/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a Dell Inspiron 2200 still running XP that has an administrator account, as well as a guest account (where the important docs I need are stored). It has a faulty DC jack, and I plan on having it recycled due to the fact the repair would cost more than the computer is worth. If I remove the hard drive and put it in a USB housing, would I be able to access the info stored under the guest account without any problems?

Relevancy 24.08%

Just upgraded form my old EVGA Superclocked GTX 570 to my new Palit GTX 770 Jetstream 4Gb, had to fanny around a lot with my Antec 900 case to get the beast to fit but everything seems fine now, card idles at 30-35c. Underload at around 65c. However the overclocking/temperature control software that came with the card, Thunder Master just does not quite seem up to par with EVGA Precision. Can anyone tell me if I can continue to use EVGA Precision safely and without any adverse effects with this Palit card because I just cant seem to get to grips with this Thunder Master. For some reason it trys to allways achieve 70c.

A:Temperature control software

andy06shake said:

Just upgraded form my old EVGA Superclocked GTX 570 to my new Palit GTX 770 Jetstream 4Gb, had to fanny around a lot with my Antec 900 case to get the beast to fit but everything seems fine now, card idles at 30-35c. Underload at around 65c. However the overclocking/temperature control software that came with the card, Thunder Master just does not quite seem up to par with EVGA Precision. Can anyone tell me if I can continue to use EVGA Precision safely and without any adverse effects with this Palit card because I just cant seem to get to grips with this Thunder Master. For some reason it trys to allways achieve 70c.Click to expand...

My recommendation is to use MSI afterburner for your temperature controlling needs and overclocking. It is non-biased and will work with any video card no matter the type, whether its amd of nvidia, and who made it.

Link here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/temperature-control-software.199318/
Relevancy 21.93%

I issue An logins with user have a former company PC Earlier I was attempting to remove the company An issue with user logins domain from it so that I didn t have to An issue with user logins log in as the previous user every time just to get to the desktop So I changed the computer name right click my computer properties computer name I then clicked on Network ID and set to this computer is for An issue with user logins home use and then it went wrong I restarted the computer as instructed and tried to log on as the user as before but it is telling me the password is incorrect The username is correct and so is the password It s clear that whatever I did with the Network ID has caused this I have logged on as administrator but need to access the other user due to the saved files on there etc Can someone help me revert back access that user account from admin Is there a way to completely detach the PC from the previous domain so that it is like a normal home PC with no log in Thank You nbsp

A:An issue with user logins

Administrator account has permission to access files from other users. Just go to the C:/Users section or whatever.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/an-issue-with-user-logins.198449/
Relevancy 23.65%

I had to format and re-install Windows XP on a Satellite A105-S4201 Laptop. I installed XP, and updated to SP3. The brightness control no longer works using Fn+F6/F7 (or any other way for that matter). It was working before the format.
I tried a couple of different Common Modules installs. This one: tc00324000b (version 6.07.03) won't even install. Gave me error message, "TVALG Driver installation has failed". And this one: SPA210 TCommon Modules-XP (version 1.00.06) installed, and had me restart, but when I tried to install the hotkey utilities afterward, it said "TOSHIBA Common Module not found! This setup will terminate." Also, I have the latest BIOS version installed (v 6.0)
Any ideas?

A:Fn Brightness Control lost, Toshiba Laptop

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fn-brightness-control-lost-toshiba-laptop.197580/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey everyone,

So I am using Windows 7 and I have been trying to open my Sound options under my Control Panel to no avail.

When I click on the "Sound" text, my Control Panel box slightly fades as if a window is going to open but no such window ever does. 5-10 minutes later, the sound controls will finally pop up. It is experiencing some kind of heavy delay.

I have been told it may be a driver issue but my drivers are relatively new (3-4 weeks old).

Let me know if you guys have any solutions.

Thanks.

A:Sound Control Opening With Heavy Delay

Hmm, could be a bug with the new drivers.

Try un-installing all audio devices and then re-install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-control-opening-with-heavy-delay.195146/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a Windows 7 computer wired into my home network. It has a printer attached to it that I have set to share. I have a windows 7 laptop and an XP laptop. Both 7 machines can see open the shared drives on the XP machine but when I try to access the shared drives of either 7 machine from any of the other machines I am asked to give a User ID and a password. This is a private Home network. I have no passwords set up on any of the machines. I'm trying to set up the printer on the two laptops and I can't access it without the User ID Password window popping up. Does anyone know what the problem is?

A:Home Network asking for user ID and password

This is all normal operation for print/file sharing. If you really want sharing without using passwords (imo a security risk), then you need to google for "anonymous sharing"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-asking-for-user-id-and-password.194484/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi Friends ... I have this laptop that has been given to me by my company and the USB ports have been blocked in manner such that I can copy stuff from my USB drive on to the machine but cannot copy in the reverse direction, ie. from the hard drive to the USB. Obviously it is to safeguard against theft of data. However, I do not deal with any confidential data and like to back up things every few days. Please tell me a shortcut to unlock my USB entirely even though I do not have administrator rights on the machine.

A:How to unlock USB ports without admin password?

Sorry, we will not assist in circumventing such security features, especially when the machine belongs to someone else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-unlock-usb-ports-without-admin-password.193100/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have an: DIXONH55ITX Socket 1156 Advent Firefly FP 3104 System Motherboard

I'm looking to upgrade for 2 main reasons.

1.) Upgrade my Ram, (as the limit of ram for this motherboard is 4gb.)
2.) More than 1 PCI-E slot. (There's only one on this motherboard.)

But my main question is:
What do I need to take into account when upgrading my Motherboard?
(Compatibility issues etc.)

Also any motherboard recommendations (under 200). As I'm planning on upgrading my computer to a gaming rig.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

A:What do I need to take into account when upgrading my motherboard?

Not quite understanding you. Are you wanting to keep all other parts and just upgrade mobo, ram and gpu?:

It sounds to me like you are wanting to build an entire new system. If so, give us a budget and what should be included (monitor, windows etc.).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-i-need-to-take-into-account-when-upgrading-my-motherboard.190547/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi I had some issues with a HDD around this time last year so I replaced it with a new western digital HDD I wasn t able to back anything up so I cloned it instead turns out I installed the incorrect driver for my video card and suffered from the BSOD syndrome well I finally got that sorted out I think and now I am trying relentlessly to get catalyst pro control center to work properly Ive read numerous places online that involves editing Catalyst work doesn't Center after I driver wrong installed the Control the Assembly folder but I have no such keys in there when I try and run CCC it tells me that I am unable to run as I wouldn t be able to change any settings within the app basically Ive tried uninstalling installing trying ATI opposed to AMD- to Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver no anvil I know for a fact that I had CCC on this pc but it almost seems impossible to get up and running I am very desperate to get this up and running thanx in advance nbsp

A:Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver

Hhhmmmm... let's take a look

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/catalyst-control-center-doesnt-work-after-i-installed-the-wrong-driver.187782/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have an desktop-ASUS M4A785TD-V Evo motherboard w/ 6GB 1600 memory.(Need more info ask) and I have Norton 360 v6 and it's Diagnostic Report tells me that the Power Control [2012/01/16]....Root\Legacy_{1BA31E5A-C098-42D8-8F88-3C9F78A2FDDC}\000 is not present or not working, or doesnt have all of it's drivers. Can someone tell me if this is the power control for the computer case or the power control in system???? And how do I correct the problem? Now what I'm guessing that the effects is when you click to restart or turn off the computer it doesn't turn off right away it takes a long time to shut-down.Sometimes I have to use the button on the case to shut it off to restart it!!!!

A:Power control?

The Windows install is probably partially corrupt after a long time of downloading and browsing activity. Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager? I'm not a fan of anything Norton, because Norton can make things worse when computer slowdowns are noticed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-control.187449/
Relevancy 21.5%

I?ve never had to set the BIOS password, but the kids are growing up and I need to lock access to my PC.

My Bios has two Password Options: Supervisor and User.

The Supervisor password was accepted, and before I attempt to change the BIOS settings, the Supervisor password is asked for.

Then I set the user password.

However, when I boot up the PC, I am not asked for any password and windows loads as usual.

What am I missing?

The BIOS is Award Software International, Inc. F4 HI 07/03/2007

A:Unable to set BIOS user password

Do you have the option mentioned below?

Setting a BIOS Password

Now you'll want to set your system to ask for that password every time it boots, so select the BIOS FEATURES SETUP option, to see a menu something like this:

Fairly obviously, it's the Password Check option we're interested in, so select it and change the setting to ALWAYS.

etc....Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-set-bios-user-password.183774/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi everyone, I got a new mobo and cpu yesterday and after installing all the parts I put my old hdd in, after the pc boots I got an error; no hard disk detected. i know the hdd is fine because i put it back in my old build and it booted fine, i know when installing a new mobo you should format which ive been trying to do but when i reach the window where you choose the language theres no mouse or keyboard working, and i know the mouse and keyboard is fine because i used both in the boot menu. my current specs are p8z68-v asus intel i5 2500k nvidia 560ti asus corsair 850watts 8gb ram 500gb hdd ps; sorry for poor grammar and spelling mistakes but was forced to write this on my phone. Also, i looked in my bios and it clearly names both my hdd and blu ray drive.

A:New mobo doesn't detect HDD, no mouse or keyboard control in Windows setup

First, try the basics. Take out the 560 and just install the RAM, CPU, HDD and PSU and see if you can get to BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-doesnt-detect-hdd-no-mouse-or-keyboard-control-in-windows-setup.178133/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey guys every time i restart my laptop it wipes all the user profiles, leaves one and wipes all the custom settings on that profile. I have no idea and any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again

A:User profiles deleted on start up

This might be caused by a virus or other malware infection, a corrupt hard drive or Windows itself is corrupt... Can you do a destructive laptop restore? This is a way that the laptop is put back just like it was when you turned it on when you first bought it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-profiles-deleted-on-start-up.175534/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have just bought a Acer laptop. The model, as it says on my laptop, Aspire 4752-6838.

The problem is that my fn hotkeys do not work for raising and lowering the volume or muting or playing. That would be fn + up, fn + down, and fn + f8, respectively.

Interestingly enough, my fn hotkeys work for other functions like num lock, brightness. Im not sure about my other fn keys working, but i dont have a need for them, so i dont care. However i really want to use my fn hotkeys for volume control.

Is there any way to enable this? Or does any one know where this problem arises and a solution?

BTW i read the manual and it doesn't help me with my problem. I also tried searching google and found no help either. If anyone knows where else i can look, that would help too.

A:My fn hotkeys do not work for volume control

Take it back to where you bought it and have them take a look. It could be a faulty keyboard. What version of Windows are you running? Have you run Windows update till no more updates are found?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-fn-hotkeys-do-not-work-for-volume-control.175048/
Relevancy 46.01%

In our network we have many remote sites. We are currently all WinXP Pro but are starting to transition to Windows 7 (64-bit) when we cycle PCs out.

We have been using RealVNC for years instead of RDP because RealVNC allows shared control of the PC between you and the local user (ie: "Show me what you are talking about"). I've tried Tight (which leaves lots remnants after uninstalling), Real (simply does not work unless you buy the Enterprise version, for ~800 computers that just isn't going to work) and Ultra (works, but randomly resets its options and closes down once you log out of a profile).

Is there a way to allow shared control during RDP? If not, is there another VNC-ish program I can try (freeware) that's as reliable as RealVNC has been under XP?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/allow-local-user-control-in-rdp.171996/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everybody, I have a home network with about 3 computer connected. I am using a laptop and when ever I use the net view command in cmd, I can only view my laptop. Why can't I see the other 2 computer?

All the computer have Win. 7 Home Premium Installed. Is there a way to send messages to those computers within the network, without the use of 3rd party applications... Perhaps by cmd?

I know you can, but I am unsure how.

A:Net view/net user

examples

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff>net view $SYSTEM_NAME
Shared resources at $SYSTEM_NAME
[B]lt-beard[/B]

Share name Type Used as Comment
--------------------------------------------------------
Italy-1 Disk
Italy-2 Disk
RealEstate Disk
SharedDocs Disk
The command completed successfully.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff>net view emac
Shared resources at emac

Mac OS X

Share name Type Used as Comment
--------------------------------------------------------
homes Disk User Home Directories
i860 Print Canon i860
jeff Disk User Home Directories
MP470 series Print Canon MP470 series
It should be clear that NET VIEW SYSTEM is dependent upon getting Print/File Sharing working correctly.

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff>[B]net user jeff[/B]
User name Jeff
Full Name Jeff
Comment primary user(LUA)
User's comment
Country code 000 (System Default)
Account active Yes
Account expires Never

blah blah ...

Workstations allowed All
Logon script
User profile
Home directory
Last logon 9/2/2011 10:55 AM

Logon hours allowed All

Local Group Memberships *Users
Global Group memberships *None

Would appear to be Policy settings for the user

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/net-view-net-user.170621/
Relevancy 21.07%

My m-in-l s computer crashed so I brought it message ATI everyone! Control to Panel Error Hello "The initialize..." failed to my house to reinstall everything for her I am almost to the point of setting it back up at her house but I am still having a couple of problems Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..." I ve searched and searched for all three but nothing has worked yet so I thought I Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..." would post on here I noticed a yellow circle with a quot quot in the middle of the yellow circle under device manager of her Display adapters Video Controller VGA Compatible quot In the system tray it says quot Found New Hardware ATI Radeon Xpress Series quot So I went to Gateway website to get the specific drivers for my M-in-law s GT e Os XP and their was a chip driver for the ATI Radeon Xpress Series so I downloaded it amp extracted the files into Cabs like the instructions said to and now I am getting the error message quot Severe - Setup was unable Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..." to complete the installation Try to set up your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot So I closed that window and a new window popped up saying quot The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize because no ATI driver is installed or ATI driver is not working properly The ATI Control Panel will now exit quot Any suggestions would be appreciated to how amp where do I fix this nbsp

A:Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..."

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

The subforum you posted in is for new member introductions only, so I have moved your thread to the relevant forum so others can best assist you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hello-everyone-error-message-the-ati-control-panel-failed-to-initialize.170409/
Relevancy 24.08%

i reinstalled windows earlier today, and after installing realtek drivers, the jacks are not visible...they work fine and all, but onyl 2 of them show, there should b three at the back and 2 at the front....ive tried 3 different versions of the drivers, 2 directly from realtek and one from Intel ( i have an intel motherboard)...
tell me how to fix this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-control-panel.170398/
Relevancy 21.07%

Okay here is the story My laptop has a ton of valuable information on it recently my Norton protection ran out and was unable to renew it Well somebody hacked my system and now I have a ton of viruses trojans and malware So I was still able to use my Copy to drive external profile user entire hard PC for internet usage and my music still played in Windows Media Player So all in all my laptop still worked Now today I go to turn on my laptop and it will not boot up at all I can t even system restore or repair it with windows repair However I do need to back up my files and since my hard drive is what is wrong in the first place I think it might be better instead of copying the entire hard drive to my terabyte external hard drive if it would make more sense just to copy my entire user profile onto my external I am wondering if this is possible i have heard of LiveCD s and Parted Magic from this forum But I am wondering if I can just back up all of my files that way If I can back up all of my files like that I might save money instead of taking to a repairman and just fix it myself So is it possible to copy and back-up the entire user profile of a laptop that will not boot up to an external hard drive Basically I want to copy the entire contents of my User Profile on Vista onto an external drive so I can use my reboot CD to reboot my laptop without losing any of my files and folders or Copy entire user profile to external hard drive anything for that Copy entire user profile to external hard drive matter I figure the best way to do that would be to copy the user profile so all the contents of that profile would go onto my external Then I reboot my computer and put Copy entire user profile to external hard drive the User Profile back on Simple nbsp

A:Copy entire user profile to external hard drive

Have you tried a repair install? If that is possible that will leave your files intact.. It is a good idea to back on a regular basis anyway.

The other possibility is connecting your hard drive as a slave drive on another pc.

If the repair install is not possible there are a number of ways using boot cd's to access your data.

Here is one solution that is free and should do what you want
http://www.paragon-software.com/home/rk-express/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/copy-entire-user-profile-to-external-hard-drive.169549/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi!

First of all, I dont know if this is the right spot to ask about hosting, but since Techspot has helped me with a lot of computer related problems, I thought Id give it a try...

Anyways, Im about to buy a hosting plan from Hostgator, but I want to use one account to host at least 3 different sites (top domains, like firstpage.com, secondpage.com and thirdpage.com). I know the reselling account would be the most effective, but I dont need to have a different cPanel for each user.

Can this be done with a Baby plan? Im going to buy domain names from another company, but I guess that doesnt matter. Im new to all this hosting stuff, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Hosting several sites on one account

that's all up to the hosting site policies - - don't hold your breath.

the Apache2 web server does this with <VirtualHost: ipaddress:80>
see http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hosting-several-sites-on-one-account.167782/
Relevancy 23.65%

hi,my default monitor on my laptop has been turned off in the control panel/...the secondary monitior isnt enabled either,so i cant get into it turn it back..so im left with a blank screen and i dont know what to do...my laptop is a dell latitude d610,running on xp...thanks ...jim

A:Default monitor has been turned off in control panel on laptop

A little confusion on my part here! Are you talking about (two) external monitors being hooked up to one lap top computer? Or are you referring to the (default) monitor, being it's own built in screen being the (default) which wont work? And if the built in LCD screen won't work, are we talking about you hooking up an external monitor, which will not work as well? And something about you shutting down your computer ability to show itself on a monitor that may have some how been turned off, probably through your XP's (control panel) under (display)!

This was just me thinking of these question "out loud", maybe if we could have a little bit more insight to your problem, we could advise on how to fix it!

Keep us in the loop...............

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/default-monitor-has-been-turned-off-in-control-panel-on-laptop.164973/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello,

I have a lynksis wrt400n wireless router. I noticed today that there is a user named 'scotty-PC' in my network.

I do have it password protected.

I'm thinking the easiest way would be to shut off the wireless if that is possible. My wife and I are both hardwired into the router anyways.

How do I go about shutting off the wireless signal from the router?

Thank you in advance!

A:Need help with unknown user in my network

use your browser to reconfig the router - - use the IP address 193.168.1.1 as a URL
login: leave user name empty, password is admin
(obviously this needs to be changed too - - read on)

the Users Guide is here

Option one would be to DISABLE the radio - - read thru to find that

Option two would be to use WiFi Mac Filtering; -- pg 14
This option will allows ONLY defined systems access, so set a dummy, like the MAC
address of your wired NIC

Before you quit, DISABLE remote management on port 8080
and CHANGE that admin password

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-unknown-user-in-my-network.164009/
Relevancy 21.5%

I ll try to shorten this some I was having some problems that I determined were either caused by the hard drive corrupted WinXP Media Version or my RAM I ran MEM Test user paste Can't switch copy can't and and it failed so I replaced the RAM with one G Can't switch user can't copy and paste stick That solved several issues I still had an issue with switching users I had the computer set up for users with myself as the admin My partition is that what it s called works just fine but if I log into one of the other three it will not allow shutdown restart log off or change user It forces me to do a hard shutdown I decided that my OS may be corrupted so I took the opportunity to install a bigger faster HD and installed WinXP Pro The problem did not go away This doesn t make sense to me What else could cause this I also have a new problem Sometimes the copy and paste feature will just quit working It seems to copy but then the Paste will not quot light up quot when I right click in the program I want to use Could this be driver related nbsp

A:Can't switch user can't copy and paste

It's possible that the group policy is keeping the regular users from doing things like log off, or shutdown. You may want to check what the settings are or put all those users into a single group and give them the proper permissions to do whatever you want.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-switch-user-cant-copy-and-paste.159642/
Relevancy 24.08%

i have a dell 1525
win 7 ultimate
when replacing the touch pad i noticed it has a ir receiver
so i bought a remote
really cool but only does basic functions after i click on media center
cant figure out what driver to use
gotta be a way
and of course dell wont talk to you without giving up you first born lol
there has gotta be a way anyone smarter than me have any ideas
or can maybe explain why only works after i click on media center/
thanks as usual

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-remote-control.159386/
Relevancy 24.51%

i have a dell 2650 and i had to enter safe mode to disable my audio control
82801ca/cam/ac'97 audio control because it freezes my computer if i enable
it not sure how to fix this problem i run xp professional also reinstalled and sound worked after installation but froze on restart any advice thanks.

A:Audio control

When you first turn on your pc you should see something like push Delete to enter setup or BIOS. do that and search to disable the onboard sounds card. If you want to buy a new sound card look at this Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme $49

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-control.156008/
Relevancy 24.08%

Last year I bought a Creative SB see my specs to replace my on my I sound don't have control card of board card I am constantly having problems For example I run the following games Call Of Duty UA IL Red Orchestra I also use TeamSpeak I was using a Razer headset but cord got yanked and the mic quit working Now I m using a cheap USB headset When I don't have control of my sound card I switched I couldn t get the headset to work I tried everything Then suddenly it started working I m not even sure what I did The problem was I no longer had sound through my speakers only the headset Then after several months suddenly the headset went dead I spent an hour trying to figure out why Again I have no clue what I did but it started working again This time I had Teamspeak on the headset and all game and browser sounds from the speakers Tonight it happened again Now I have game sounds in the headset and teamspeak on the speakers What the heck is going on here and is there a way to straighten it out Also if there is a better way to write this post please explain I d like to learn for future reference nbsp

A:I don't have control of my sound card

Hi Hurriken,

firstly great choice of game IL2

When you bought the cheaper headset was there software that came with it? ther maybe some default settings that are causing changes to the sound to be made. Also stupid question i know but i have done this myself - have you got all the leads in the right place i.e speakers in green jack + mic in pink jack?

You could also try updating your SB drivers just in case but doubt the issues is there. It may alos be worth spending a couple of mins checking the Sound config settings on the SB Card software making sure that your headset is setup correctly there

Hope this helps
James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-dont-have-control-of-my-sound-card.155584/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi, just wondering if anyone can tell me in the Nvidia Cotrol Panel how can can i make Nvidia's settings stick after restarting my laptop?

The color is always set to "other applications control color settings". What and where are those settings as well?

Maybe i can fix my color problems using the "other applications" thing but where is that?

I'm currently using windows vista and a GeForce 9650m GT on an asus laptop.

Thanks.

A:Nvidia Control Panel won't save settings after reboot

See the Guide here:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/190.62/190.62_NVIDIA_Control_Panel_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-control-panel-wont-save-settings-after-reboot.154943/
Relevancy 21.5%

Explanation:

Ok so I work in a small office and I have a networked printer that takes user numbers for passwords to print. This way we can keep track of print jobs and charge the employees accordingly. This user # is setup thru printer preferences. Normally only one user # is required for each computer as each employee has their own computer. Well there are two open computers at my office that anyone can use, these two have their own user #'s.

Question:

What i'd like to do is set it up so these open computers prompt for a user number before being able to print instead of having a user # saved under the preferences. Is this possible?

Relevant information:

Computers - Windows Xp Pro sp3
Server - Windows server 2003
Printer - Sharp Mx-6200N

Thank for any help regarding this situation.

A:Prompting for user # on a network printer

hmm; this is a commercial Charge Back process. Home users would hardly ever need or want
something like this.
I would think you would find such options in the software you are using to capture the user#,
likely on your Domain Controller ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/prompting-for-user-on-a-network-printer.150482/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have an hp mini 1000 netbook with the admin passwords in the bios and win xp. It was my cousins who is no longer with us, so my aunt gave it to me. Noone knows the passwords. How can I bypass them or override them? I can get in as a guest but it is too limited. What are my best options?

A:HP Mini admin password unknown

You need to talk to HP, after changing the registered ownership, and may need a document about the fate of the previous owner. You may have to send it to a certified HP service center with a formal notice of change of ownership included.
As for TechSpot, there is a policy to not provide assistance with passwords.
What you want to do is usually very difficult in the best of circumstances.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-mini-admin-password-unknown.148971/
Relevancy 24.51%

Good Mornin'- I decided to try on trial the Ashampoo HDD Control to check my relatively new 160GB Hardrive. I was dismayed at the results!...According to this program, my HD's health and performance are poor and it said the the problems were either mechanical or electrical. My machine is a Compaq Presario SR1426NX circa 2004-5 w/ OEM PS. I've been suspicious of the PS for awhile, so I bought a new Corsair VX450W, but have yet to install it. Can anyone please offer some insight into my dilemna? I thank you in advance!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ashampoo-hdd-control.146784/
Relevancy 21.5%

What software to use, user friendly. Take *.avi movie covert and burn it so it will play on a dvd with a splash screen (menu) title to play movie and title(2) to include a small video clip of myself including a a message.

Was trying to use DeVeDe but I am having trouble with title 2 being authoritative with my video and both titles go straight to the movie. DeveDe is for Ubuntu but let me know of software for ubuntu or windows xp

A:User friendly video to dvd with menu

Rather use a windows xp app anyways and I am sure, much more. ubuntu machine not as powerful for decoding videos, or this devede program, audio came out of sync and still had the title allocation issue. I really want to get my video message in the dvd menu.

thanks !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-friendly-video-to-dvd-with-menu.143608/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi all,

Well the message was not clear, but here is the problem I am having.

I own a Acer Aspire 5920G and I accidentally spilled water onto it, was not a lot and thankfully my laptop lived. However, there is only one slight problem. My Keyboard is malfunctioning, as it is typing random stuff and doing random things. Not like a backdoor. It goes like "eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwxxxxxffffggggghhhhh" it somtimes backspaces and does random inputs. I don't know what's going on and I hope someone here can help me solve this problem.

*Note I think it's a problem within the computer because the keys are not sticky and I can still type but not with all the kets.*

A:Help! Keyboard Inputting into Laptop without User!

Hi

laptop keyboards are delicate at the best of times, any liquid spilt into it will dry and cause this issue,

you can use an external keyboard and see if it does this, you will have to remove the keyboard from the laptop, this is usually done by removing some screws and then undoing the ribbon connector from the board, or by unclipping the keyboard from the housing and disconnecting the ribbon cable.

keyboard go for about 15 on ebay dependant on who is selling it, dont try and repair it you will be wasting your time.

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-keyboard-inputting-into-laptop-without-user.142568/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi all,

Well the message was not clear, but here is the problem I am having.

I own a Acer Aspire 5920G and I accidentally spilled water onto it, was not a lot and thankfully my laptop lived. However, there is only one slight problem. My Keyboard is malfunctioning, as it is typing random stuff and doing random things. Not like a backdoor. It goes like "eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwxxxxxffffggggghhhhh" it somtimes backspaces and does random inputs. I don't know what's going on and I hope someone here can help me solve this problem.

*Note I think it's a problem within the computer because the keys are not sticky and I can still type but not with all the kets.*

A:Help! Keyboard Inputting into Laptop without User!

Probably your notebook's keyboard shorted out when you spilled water on it.

I would advise you to leave your notebook alone for few days to dry out completely and see if the shorting sorts itself out. Otherwise, you may end up having to replace the keyboard; for which you'll be better off consulting an technician.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-keyboard-inputting-into-laptop-without-user.142569/
Relevancy 23.65%

I can't explain why but suddenly none of sound drivers including the Windows defaults are showing in the Control Panel for sounds or audio. I've reinstalled the driver for my Delta 44 card three times, ran repair on XP Pro twice and still no show or sound. All drivers are listed as working in Device Manager. I see on the internet that this is not uncommon, but how do you fix it?

Saba Raba

A:Sound drivers not showing in XP Control Panel

Hmmmm.. Are you saying the default Sounds and Audio is also missing from Control Panel???? Is your sound otherwise working OK? It's just the stuff missing from Control Panel???

I don't know i have an answer.. but here's some info/things to try
> Note the "drivers" are what you see in Device Manager (so good they're still there!)
> The stuff in Control Panel aren't the drivers.

To try restoring the Control Panel applets try
> Look in Add/Remove programs. Do you see an entry for your Delta 44? Uninstall it
> Reboot and then try reinstalling the Delta44 stuff

Also, you should also be able to start the standard Windows Sound and Audio applet by Start->Run, enter: mmsys.cpl then click OK

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-drivers-not-showing-in-xp-control-panel.142130/
Relevancy 24.08%

I installed Gygabtyes HD Radeon 4650 1 gig AGP 8x card. I installed the drivers from the disc and the CCC also. However, I can't seem to get the CCC application to open. Any suggestions?

A:Catalyst Control Center

What have you tried? Can you be a little bit more specific? There are a lot of ways to open a program.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/catalyst-control-center.141489/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi,

What happen to my rapidshare premium account... almost 5 days, download is very slow...15kbps and finally gone... Normally, i got 212kbps.

A:Rapidshare Premium Account

Tell us more. What is a Rapidshare Premium Account?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rapidshare-premium-account.138275/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a Dell Latitude D630. It has an admin password for the bios. Nothing is locked except for the settings. I can't change any of the settings in the bios. It lets me boot to windows just fine though. My question is, since I don't know that admin password for the bios, if I upgrade the bios firmware, will the admin password be deleted? Since I'm flashing the bios, I would think that all the settings will be lost. Is that the case?

A:Will upgrading the bios firmware on a Latitude D630 delete the bios admin password?

What?

Didn't you reply here, and say it worked (after the unusual 9th try ) http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109612-109.html#post747024

Awfully strange!

A bios update can't remove passwords. As You Must Know

Oh and thanks for the extended long Title. I'm thinking this Topic of yours would be best removed? What do you think?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-upgrading-the-bios-firmware-on-a-latitude-d630-delete-the-bios-admin-password.138281/
Relevancy 23.22%

I don t have any clue what would cause this or what did cause it I have the Logitech ClearChat Wireless headset It has an on off switch a mute button for the built-in mic and up down volume controls Well something s happened with Logitech buttons on headset wireless control Volume malfunctioning the volume controls now when I click them and a program window is open it closes it Eithe up or down it appears to be acting as an ALT F macro button Volume control buttons malfunctioning on Logitech wireless headset I would have posted this on the logitech forums but I can t sign in even though I m using the right email and password it won t let me This is really frustrating because sometimes I listen to music in the broswer and I use the volume controls on the headset Volume control buttons malfunctioning on Logitech wireless headset and now using them closes the browser window or windows media player whatever window is open and focused gets closed when the buttons get pressed Someone PLEASE help me figure out this problem Thanks in advance EDIT it turns out all the control buttons on my keyboard are malfunctioning also I mean the volume control buttons play pause next previous media item favorite buttons music broswer zoom etc keyboard shortcuts they all try to shut down the computer nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/volume-control-buttons-malfunctioning-on-logitech-wireless-headset.136370/
Relevancy 21.07%

A user has been using her laptop for several years and uses Outlook for her POP3 email.
When we installed a server and joined her laptop to the domain she was unable to see her email without logging out of the server and logging back into her local account.
How do I let her domain profile be the same as her local profile?

A:User loses access to outlook email after being joined to domain

You can't, it's considered as a different user. Just take the settings from Outlook and import them into the other account name.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-loses-access-to-outlook-email-after-being-joined-to-domain.134427/
Relevancy 23.22%

hi ,
i was trying to fix one of my friends old computer. On that all of a sudden sound stopped working. sound files seems to be playing ,but no output comes through speakers or headphones.
I have done all the basic tests, and evrythng is fine. When i checked in control panel ->sound and audio->voeme tab , device volume ans speaker settings i can't use, it appears like disabled.
Pls note the audio drivers(realtek alc650) are properly installed. I have spent more than a day downloading and reinstalling the drivers and googling to find out the issue. But still in vain. Now i want to try reinstalling XP, but my disks r missing , so i need to give a try in this forum. Pls help.

A:Sound doesn't work (Realtek ac650) and control panel

Look in device manager if the sound device is enabled. If you don't see it, you might need to enable it in bios.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-doesnt-work-realtek-ac650-and-control-panel.134096/
Relevancy 21.5%

Ive got an Acer 7250g and it was working fine until today.When i turn it on i get "User profile service failed the logon" i cant sign in or do anything-help please.

A:User profile service failed the logon

Welcome to Techspot
If you haven't already done so, this may be a grat place to start and get the 'feel' of this forum,
http://www.techspot.com/vb/menu31.html
The following link may help solve your login problem,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-profile-service-failed-the-logon.133880/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi, everyone
I have an serious problem, ive buy an hp 6730B on ebay but when i want to upgrade the bios, my computer wants an administrator password for the flash.
The seller told me he have maybe do an error of typing, beacause his password don't work.
this computer is an compaq 6730B
S/n : CNU8466GNS
P/n : GB987ET#ABF
Service tag : C6730bUP8400W5X16GIBNNF20Qa

Thank you

A:HP 6730B bios admin password problem

hi,
I asked for the same problem in this forum but my threat was deleted with the suggestion to read the Forum FAQs.
I read them but I didn't find why they did it. So I want repeat the question adding it to the yours one:

HP CompaQ nx9005
hash code [ 15656]
I need the system password

I wrote and I just wrote again at the hp forum about it whitout any help, and the hp chat doesn't start because of a bag (I'm not the only one having this problem).

I read all messages of the reference topic about the same problem (as suggested) but I didn't find my needs.
I think I will have to ask about it a lot of time. Hope to find someone who can help me.
thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-6730b-bios-admin-password-problem.132944/
Relevancy 21.07%

Our school is moving from a Workgroup setup to a Domain (Active Directory.) I'm having a problem though. When I set up new users all of their local settings disappear. So now I'm looking for an easy way to migrate User Profiles from the Local User to the new active directory user. I know microsoft has the Active Directory Migration Tool but is that truly the BEST way to do it?? The guide is like 100000 pages long so I'm not even sure if I want to go that route. Thanks in advance guys.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/migrating-from-workgroup-to-domain-user-profile-migration.131944/
Relevancy 24.08%

Setup MSI -C Mobo Thermaltake Extreme Spirit II with small neoprene rubber washers as balance for contact AMD Phenom II X w stock cooler Diamon help control Need on Northbridge Temp ATI Need help on Northbridge Temp control Radeon Corsair CMX DDR gigs Windows XP SP WesternD HD Thermaltake w PSU Cheapy Apevia computer case w antec mm fans for intake and antec mm exhaust So i ve been researching and people have their Need help on Northbridge Temp control Northbridge temperature at like c- c- degrees on idle and c on full load That s not reality for me though haha My Northbridge goes from c idle to c on full load And thats with the Thermaltake Extreme Spirit II Northbridge cooler installed I made sure that the cooler comes in contact w the thermal paste on the chipset so I can t determine the problem myself I know for sure after I post this thread though i m going to further tighten the cooler just a tad bit to see if that helps I hope you guys can give me some insight on how to lower my Northbridge temperatures I don t know if this is important information but the CPU runs around the same temperature as the NB and sometimes even more to about the c range Please help me guys nbsp

Relevancy 26.23%

OK, my subject line might sound cryptic! Here is my set up: first router (main) is connected to the cable modem and provides std addresses as 192.168.1.2 (base is 192.168.1.1) etc. I have a second router (same brand) as a gateway connected to my main. This second router base address is 10.10.10.1 and all that are connected to this one have manually provided IP addresses (such as 10.10.0.2, etc). The main one provides WIFI access as for the second one do not.

Now my question: from my laptop who uses the WIFI network, how can I reach or connect to the other network (the one that is managed with the router with the 10.10.10.1 address? The purpose? I would like to access the computer connected to it as if they were part of the WIFIed network. And be able to access the router management page. Any clue?

A:Cascading routers - how to access admin features from one to the other?

first some basics;

examine the router (the box itself). everything attached to a LAN slot will default to
routing upwards using the WAN slot -- that's a big clue as to what the routing tables looks like.

second; to manage the configuration of a specific router:
a) WIRE a system directly to it
b) login to the router config page using the current router's ip-address

if your network is
modem---router#1----router#2---router#3

then a system attached to routerX will route upward to router(X-1) and NOT downward to router(X+1)

if you wish to have ALL systems (wired and wireless) see and share with each other, then you have too many distinct address.
Leave router#1 as is. disconnect router#2 from #1 and wire router#1 to a LAN port on router#2, leaving its WAN port empty. Log into router#2 and disable DHCP.

Now do the same for the wire from #2-->#3 and disable#3 DHCP.

All systems (wired or WiFi) will get ip-assignments from router#1 and will be able to
ping and share files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cascading-routers-how-to-access-admin-features-from-one-to-the-other.130510/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi Folks!

I am having trouble with my computer. i could not get to move my keyboard, once it gets to BIOS....and when i get to windows, it will freeze at the log in screen...Any idea what is going on here?

A:Gigabyte GA-P35-D3SL - cannot control BIOS

Try clearing the CMOS. Remove the button battery for a minute or two with the computer unplugged. Reinstall the battery and restart the computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ga-p35-d3sl-cannot-control-bios.130282/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi folks,

I passed from Vista 32 bit to Vista 64 bit but my dual screen options in Nvidia Control panel are missing!
I was using it to expand my gaming screen to two 22 inch LCD Monitors but Vista 64 bit driver has problems about it?
Do you know how can I solve this problem?

My specs

E8400
GTS 250
GA-X48-DS5 Mobo
4GB Ram
1TB Hard Drive
Vista 64 bit

A:Nvidia Control Center Dual Monitor Options Missing?

Pls help my problem

Pls Help to my problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-control-center-dual-monitor-options-missing.130120/
Relevancy 21.93%

hi all i'm new here so be patient and gentle pls.

my question is can i read a report or log file that will tell me how long users have been logged into my server. i run sbs2003 and have some users on remote access via vpn, does the monitoring on the system allow me to view log in times for each user and how long they are logged in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-user-log-in-times.129887/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a new Radeon 8500 I installed in a computer Im building to sell. It works great but the fan is ungodly loud. Its louder than the case fan. I tried the fan from another 8500 and its the same. I was wondering if there was a program to adjust the fan speed. There are no mounting hole in this card so I cant replace the fan.

A:Can you control video card fan speed???

Zalman sell a separate fan-speed adjuster for about $ 7-10.-
http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product/view.asp?idx=14&code=017

Great if you can interrupt the fan-leads

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-you-control-video-card-fan-speed.14106/
Relevancy 24.08%

Statistics reveal that 90% of 8-16 year olds access sites with adult content on the internet. I wish to prevent my ten year old son from venturing into these forbidden sites. He has been recently initiated into using the internet and we have listed certain sites which he can visit on our PC at home. But I would just like to take some precaution. Is there any help?

A:Control your child’s net activities

90% of 8-16 year olds access sites with adult contentClick to expand...

Thats only teenage boys...:haha:.

You can ask your ISP, I believe some internet service providers do allow tracking and blocking of websites, and certain programs too, just look at school computers these days. You can check your child's browsing history, but you can erase that quite easily. I can't help but think i'm missing something here, I might update this when its not 1:00 in the morning. Of course, it might be a good idea to prevent your child from going to adult sites, like not letting them stay up very early in the morning with their computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/control-your-child%E2%80%99s-net-activities.127733/
Relevancy 23.65%

i got windows xp pro i was missing around with computer management and did something now i cant log into my mind administrator account i try to reboot on safe mode i get the administrator name but i try to create a another accuont or change but i get a asses denied i try i to Ctrl Alt Delete and nothing i think i my have deleted something and messed everything up ..when i go to my user account from control panel i dont see a quest account or administrator all i see is that small picture off a bass guitar and its says administrator but under it says guest account i have no privilege for nothing . how can i change that guest under admintrator account ?

A:Administrator account problam

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Vista Repair:
http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winvista/index.htm (index page)
http://vistahomepremium.windowsreinstall.com/repairstartup/repairstartup.htm (guide)

Or use UBCD to back up your data and re-install clean
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic123957.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/administrator-account-problam.124614/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have an nVidia Nforce 680i LT SLI motherboard and i dont know how the front panel control wires go in. I have tried different ways and so far only the power light turns on green but nothing happens when i hit the power button.

It doesnt say whats what on the board just a 1 2 9 and 10.

Relevancy 24.08%

Hi,
i am in a big fix with my computer hard disk space.
It's capacity is 75 gb.
The windows folder itself is 60 gb
i tried uninstalling windows sp 3 but it didnt work.
i have only 2 gb of free space remaining and i am afraid soon i will be out of free space.
i have downloaded ccleaner and few other softwares that remove pc junk but my hard disk
space is still decreasing.

Please Help !
Thanks

A:Windows folder out of control

Have you run scans for spyware and viruses?
What is the brand, model, and configuration of the computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-folder-out-of-control.122357/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi all having successfully cleansed said laptop from various nasties thanks in part to Kimsland and Bobbye i have an issue with the admin login Ok when booting up xp is set to fast user switching and the welcome screen login screen with user accounts Administrator is not included in the list So i hit ctrl alt del twice which then brings up the secure login dialog box So i key in Administrator and the Pavilion DV1000 login? HP admin password that i set and it comes up with quot Unable to log you on HP Pavilion DV1000 admin login? because of an account restriction quot WTF is that The only way i can log in as admin is to reboot into safe mode when it presents itself as another user in the welcome screen list giving in total which quite frankly is ridiculous The main reason the lappy was infected was due to uneducated users installing all kinds of crap as their accounts had admin rights I need to restrict them to limited accounts whilst having full access to the admin account without the need to reboot into safe mode I ve google searched for answers but couldn t find any I m looking for a way to solve this issue so with respect please don t come back with workarounds like quot press shift right-click run as kind of suggestions because i m after full access to admin account without rebooting So any help you can offer would be most appreciated thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv1000-admin-login.121078/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have the Syncmaster 220wm and the speakers work on everything except itunes can i do something to stop that?

A:Help me on volume control

Check in iTunes options if the right device is chosen for playback.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-on-volume-control.120514/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi guys really I have big problem I have Dell Latitude X1 and I don't have the admin password
I want to reboot it. but i don't know how if i can't even access to this computer ...Thank you

A:Admin Password

If you are the registered owner of the laptop you are probably better off contacting Dell support.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password.120623/
Relevancy 26.23%

I think I ve tamed my new beast of an ATI Radeon x Not sure WHY I absolutely had to have it but hey The top card for a few weeks anyway even though at stock fan speeds the CORE temps can reach Celcius what about fragile parts on the mobo nearby this little heatbox FYI - Running XP Pro V SP Anyway Riva Tuner seems to work at hot New Needs run? - RivaTuner run to X2s Admin 4870 Clearance comandeering the GPU fan speeds back up to reasonable - if a tad noisy - levels Its a little Klugey occaisionally stops working or seems to only want to work from either the startup folder or as from New 4870 X2s run hot - RivaTuner Needs Admin Clearance to run? a registry key The main problem I have is that I have a Visitor account setup I sublet my place occasionally for non-ME users to limit the amount of havoc they can do HOWEVER Riva tuner will not start or operate properly with anything but administrator privileges This is a non-starter So I can either grant guests full dominion over my PC or have my cooks itself into complete failure while restricting the access of my guests Is there a better mousetrap for RivaTuner Note that starting up as an admin and then logging on off is NOT an option as of the time the scenario will be a guest starting up without me around Many thanks to all who opine nbsp

A:New 4870 X2s run hot - RivaTuner Needs Admin Clearance to run?

100C would melt/damage the CPU quickly. Get a better 3rd party cooler

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-4870-x2s-run-hot-rivatuner-needs-admin-clearance-to-run.117807/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi everyone.

I just bought myself an XFX 9800GT. I installed Riva Tuner to increase my card's fan speed to make it run cooler during games. My fan speed has been set to 70% on startup. Before I start playing I set my fan speed to 100%. However, while playing NFS Most Wanted I find that after sometime the fan speed drops to its default value of 40%. I can't understand why this happens. When I'm not playing the card maintains whatever speed I set it to.

Please help.

A:9800GT Fan Control

Are there other options in the same window ? I don't have RivaTuner handy (on my laptop ATM), but I think I remember that there are different fan settings for 2D mode and 3D mode. This may be the cause of the problem, with it reverting to the settings it came with when you enter 3D mode.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9800gt-fan-control.117617/
Relevancy 21.93%

I've had a couple of complaints from a user where I work who cannot login wirelessly using their laptop. They can however logon fine if they plugin an ethernet cable. Once they have logged in, they can use the wireless connection just fine.

What might cause this? I'm struggling to troubleshoot it.

Thanks

A:User cannot logon wirelessly

You must be in a Domain/Networked login environment as WiFi vs wired networking is not germane to user login otherwise.

I think you're in a catch-22; you need the network to login but need login to access the network.

Fix the GPO policy for WiFi users to allow local login to the machine.
This will give the ability to then MAP drives to the infrastructure using the WiFi connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-cannot-logon-wirelessly.116860/
Relevancy 23.65%

Every time I compose a new message in Outlook Express and use MIDI music as a background the SW SYNTH in audio gets knocked back to zero. This only happens in OLEXP, toherwise MIDI's play OK.
Running Windows XP Pro SP3 OLEXP 6.0

A:Outlook express affects audio control

What is your computer? Make and model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-express-affects-audio-control.114792/
Relevancy 25.8%

I need to know the location of the password chip on the motherboard of a Dell Latitude C840. Everything I have tried so far has not worked. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get on this.

A:Admin Password chip location on Dell Latitude C840

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your answer may be found in this thread HERE Pages 10/11/12 maybe the interesting part for you.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-chip-location-on-dell-latitude-c840.36272/
Relevancy 23.65%

I clicked on "Turn parental control on and deny computers access to ONLY these sites", entered the website url in the box, ticked it and set the schedule to always. But when I try to access the blocked web page it takes a little longer than usual but then loads on the website normally.

The two sites entered in the boxes are the ones I've tried to test the feature with, but both are not being blocked.

Can someone see anything I've done wrong?

I have tried emptying the cache and rebooting the computer and router, but still the pages just refuse to be blocked.

What's happening??? Advice would be appreciated.

A:Why doesn't my dir-300 router's parental control work?

hum; did you try just the domain name without the http:// ?
also try without the trailing / after the domain name

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-doesnt-my-dir-300-routers-parental-control-work.114261/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi I have a GB Control Board? fried HDD's Replace internal Seagate Replace fried HDD's Control Board? hard drive which I removed from my PC so that I would have it with me since we just moved from South Africa to Cali USA I purchased this adapter set intending to be able to connect the hard drive to my laptop http www amazon com Sabrent-USB-D ie UTF amp s electronics amp qid amp sr - I had read many of the reviews and none had mentioned that anyone had fried their drive so I had hoped it would be fine I hooked it up and smelt a funny burning smell I immediately ripped the power cable out hoping I had been fast enough but alas the drive shorts out and won t work anymore I took it to the campus IT department here to see if they could hook it up to a PC there and it just shorted and wouldn t work So my predicament is basically that the control board on my hard drive is fried and I need to get a new one of the same model and serial as explained by this video I found http www youtube com watch v aUnmcbfagLA The data is still obviously on the disk too the only part that fried was the control board So my question is Where can I get another drive with a matching control board I certainly don t want to spend thousands of dollars trying to recover data off of the hard drive as I m a student and could never afford it anyway The data includes a lot of my graphics design which I m into and it is the only backup I have of years of my work which could never be replaced Hard drive information Seagate Barracuda Gibytes S N QM T ST AS P N BX - Firmware SD Date Code Site Code KRATSG nbsp

A:Replace fried HDD's Control Board?

Search ebay>harddrives>ST3500320AS

31 matches as of this reply: my search results

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replace-fried-hdds-control-board.113281/
Relevancy 21.93%

i was wondering how to get rid of user accounts.the computer im about to get has 3 accounts hogin up the drive so i went into safe mode and change the pass cus i couldnt find how to delete them and that didnt work either.plz help and i thank you all for your previous help that i will be needing.

A:How to delete user accounts

Instructions
Click Start
Click Control Panel
In Control Panel Window click User Accounts
In the user accounts window click the account that you want to delete
Click delete the account.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-delete-user-accounts.113022/
Relevancy 26.23%

hello the dell of my brother is blocked with an administrator password, I will to know if it is possible to regulate this problem

the model is dell latitude 110L, the service tag is #204FM1J-595B

who could help me please ??

if someone can help me,contact me

thanks guys and good luck

A:Dell Latitude110L admin password

Your brother may ask DELL for master password to unlock the computer.

maxpaynemafia said:

hello the dell of my brother is blocked with an administrator password, I will to know if it is possible to regulate this problem

the model is dell latitude 110L, the service tag is #204FM1J-595B

who could help me please ??

if someone can help me,contact me

thanks guys and good luckClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude110l-admin-password.51418/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi

Is there a way to remove administrative tools and command prompt from a windows 2003 server lock down terminal session?

Thanks,
G

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-admin-tools-and-command-prompt-from-terminal-session.103873/
Relevancy 26.23%

Cannot Login to Netgear DG834G router wirelessly from Dell Laptop

Hi heres hoping you can help me.

I have a wireless connection through a Netgear DG834G from a Dell M6300 running Windows XP which is working fine with respect to accessing the internet..

I also have a desktop (wired to the router) which is also running fine.

The problem is that I cannot log into the router wirelessly as Admin on 192.168.0.1
I can login to the router as Admin from the wired PC, but not the laptop !!
I get to the login screen to input password but when pressing enter the login box just re-appears with the password field blank again.
I know the password entered is correct and accurate as it works from the wired desktop

(note: I have changed my laptop recently from HP to Dell, I was able to access the router wirelessly as Admin to perform maintenance with the HP model)

Any ideas ?

A:Cannot connect to wireless router as admin wirelessly

Are all the settings correct for the wireless laptop.
encryption method WEP, WPA, WPA2
passwords

Does the router even see this new laptop?
Do you still have the older laptop?
Check to see if the DELL firewall is disabled under Windows, make sure it off.
Try opening up a session: ping 192.168.0.1
Does the laptop get IP by DHCP,

ipconfig /release wait.... ipconfig /renew wait... try it again does work then
try static IP then do ipconfig /flushdns and ipconfig /registerdns

If all still doesn't work try..
re-joining the wireless router
disconnect using the wireless in range method on the laptop
reconnect but remove the password then re-do it then click on connect see if the wireless laptop can connect.
If it does reboot the laptop and login with your login ID password
Now open the browser and see if you can get into your router
Make sure you do not have any spyware or popup blocker active..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-wireless-router-as-admin-wirelessly.103395/
Relevancy 21.93%

Im in an office where by we are around 10-20 users on the LAN.im not the network administrator, but i would like to know a way i would block a user from downloading because it really slows us down ...any advice?

A:How to stop a user from downloading on a LAN

yes, well i think go to 192.0.0.1 and figure ur self threw its really easy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-stop-a-user-from-downloading-on-a-lan.103413/
Relevancy 25.8%

Greetings,

Computer- Dell Inspiron 8100
Problem- Admin Bios Password

I have tried numoerous things, and in the end seems eeprom is only way to reset this.

I looked and looked, it says under motherboard, yet I never found a "24OC" 4 legged chip on the board to reset.

This cpu is 7 yrs old.

So far no luck fixing this one or my Toshiba and have both been reduced to eeprom reset as only viable option.

TY,

XaNaToS

A:Cant find EEprom on Dell Inspiron 8100 (admin bios pw)

All Dell (and others) BIOS and Admin password removal to this thread only:

--> HP / Dell / etc. Laptop password help (April - June 2008)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-eeprom-on-dell-inspiron-8100-admin-bios-pw.102977/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello all hardware wizards, sorry to take your precious time .

I just purchased HP NC8230 laptop from eBay. It's really great laptop. The laptop not require boot password and so it reaches to windows XP, but unfortunately I discovered that its bios is admin protected, therefore I can't access bios and make any modification. I know that these business laptops have extra bios protection and therefore it's not so easy task to reset their password.

Can someone, that have experience with this kind of laptops, help me? It would be very appreciated.
Ozmaia

A:HP NC8230 laptop Bios Admin Password

read the faqs AND post in the laptop forum. Your answer is already there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-nc8230-laptop-bios-admin-password.102649/
Relevancy 23.65%

I ve had my HP Pavilion DV laptop for a year now and apart from a persistent and slightly annoying overheating issue I ve been very pleased with this machine Recently however the touch-sensitive media control strip along the top of the keyboard has begun to malfunction The sound toggle and volume control sections of the backlit strip turn off flicker change color red control HP problem touch-sensitive laptop and blue and otherwise stop working To make things even worse or more interesting such errors like the light flicker seem to be tied in to my typing on the keyboard especially around the wasd area left and lower side I m figuring this to be some sort of shorting circuit or the like It s odd sometimes I can fix the error by randomly tapping along the left side keys Now it seems to be stuck with the entire strip non-responsive and both blue and red LEDs behind the sound toggle turned on If anyone could suggest a solution It s that or I m debating just taking the laptop in for a repair run nbsp

A:HP laptop touch-sensitive control problem

If the thing is still under warranty, then you should have it repaired by an official HP representative.

Other than that, you could try removing the keyboard and making sure that the keyboard cable is making good connection.

(Also, you haven't poured something in the lappy, have you?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-touch-sensitive-control-problem.98724/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi guys,
i would like your opinions on which brand of routers do you think is the best and most user-friendly to use. By user-friendly i mean that it is easy to configure and there are sufficient step-by-step instructions on the manual to help you set up a successful connection.

I have been using a Planet XRT-401C and i highly advise you NOT to use it. There's simply insufficient instructions given on the manual on how to configure it. I also keep having connection issues (limited connectivity) when connecting 2 of my PCs using this router.

Looking forward to hearing your opinions!

A:The best and most user-friendly router to use?

Cisco is the best, but expensive
Netgear is very easy.
LinkSys and DLink are relatively easy and offer more downloads and install help online than most others.
Consider the LinkSys WRT330N, or the DLink Router which includes wireless, which is a dream to setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-best-and-most-user-friendly-router-to-use.100896/
Relevancy 21.07%

We have a new user that has returned, she is at a remote location, so she logs on via Terminal Services. If we log into the Terminal Server as her from the home office we cannot access the network program, and she cannot from her remote location, either. If we log on as her on one of the computers here at the home office, we can access the program just fine. If we log into the Terminal Server as ourself, we can open the program. We just tried deleting the user and recreating it, and there was no change. Anyone have any suggestions?

A:New User on Terminal Services cannot open network program

What is your network, and who is your provider?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-user-on-terminal-services-cannot-open-network-program.87774/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,
Could someone help me? I have a Dell Latitude D510 laptop and I put an BIOS admin passwoed an year ago. Now I need to remeve it but I don't remember. I tried the latitude.exe program but did not worked. Service tag nr. is 6TXB42J-595B . Thanks a lot in advance.

A:Dell laptop reset bios admin password

U will have to do, a chip reset.
Coz i also keep trying those ideas with the latitude application but it failed, but when i did the chip reset, thing worked out exactly how i wanted them.
All the best

Cheers
Robin

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-reset-bios-admin-password.92541/
Relevancy 26.23%

I am in sales. I have a new Dell d610 Latitude Laptop. I need to reset some of the stuff in the BIOS for wireless, etc and the IT guys at my company seem to have mislogged or fogotten the admin pw for BIOS. Anyway they have given me five alrady and non of them work. They say I will have to ship the unit in to Chicago and they will fix it. That will take a WEEK that I do not have. How can I reset the password? The settings in the BIOS I need to change are locked and the message says the setup is locked-enter the admin pw into SECURITY UNLOCK SETUP to enable changes. Any advice is welcomed!

A:How to reset the BIOS admin password

This subject was briefly mentioned HERE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-reset-the-bios-admin-password.48537/
Relevancy 24.08%

I can't open the Control Panel on my XP computer, so I need to find a way to open the audio control. I know (or I think) it's located on windows/system32 but I don't know the name of it, can someone help me?

A:Need help opening audio control

You need to reinstall the sound driver. What is your computer a desktop or a laptop? What type of sound do you have? On-board sound (motherboard) or a PCI sound card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-opening-audio-control.98484/
Relevancy 23.65%

How to utilize motherboard fan speed control when your fan has the wrong connector I recently ordered the Vantec TD H case fan appropriately wrong has control your speed connector the fan utilize when fan to How on-board named quot Tornado quot After it arrived I soon learned the misleading spec on Newegg quot Power Connector Pin quot actually means quot -pin connector with the RPM sensor in a separate -pin connector quot Since the -pin connector is How to utilize on-board fan speed control when your fan has the wrong connector always at V the fan was always at maximum speed and the quot Tornado quot was so loud I couldn t How to utilize on-board fan speed control when your fan has the wrong connector even hear my own thoughts Rather than go through the hassle and delay of returning it I decided to make it work Here s how soldering required Obtain a -pin connector for example from a failed fan Solder as follows P ground black from -pin connector to ground from fan connector black for the How to utilize on-board fan speed control when your fan has the wrong connector standard -pin Molex connector P V red from -pin connector to V from fan connector yellow for the standard -pin Molex connector P RPM sensor yellow or white from the -pin connector to RPM sensor directly from fan usually yellow or white Note this step is not required if your motherboard fan speed control does not use feedback from the fan This was the case for my Compaq Presario where fan speed is only dependent on CPU usage Plug the -pin connector onto the motherboard fan speed control pins The original connector should not be plugged in So far this has been working fine for me Feel free to reply with any questions comments nbsp

A:How to utilize on-board fan speed control when your fan has the wrong connector

One thing isn't clear to me. Isn't the 3 pin connector supposed to be plugged into the motherboard. Some, though not all, motherboard fan power feeds have a sensor for the 3 pin connector that comes with the fan. The molex is an alternate power feed for the fan, although as you said always full speed.

Did you not have a free motherboard connector or was the cable too short? Maybe I just misunderstood.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-utilize-on-board-fan-speed-control-when-your-fan-has-the-wrong-connector.95593/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi no sure if this post should be here or somewhere else sorry i Intel graphics control 82865g trouble Fps have a Veriton g computer here and i installed games on it world of warcraft Fps trouble Intel 82865g graphics control and counter strike i tried cs first only to find that my highest fps was cant even play with that Fps trouble Intel 82865g graphics control i tried lowering the graphic settings and but still did nothing so i decided to try wolrd of warcraft same problem aswell but my fps wouldnt go higher than fps i used to be able to play it comforably on fps another computer which had a radeon x i have download the latest driver updates virus checked defragemet and turning off other background programs My only conclusion is that this computer is to old for these games below is a copy from cpuz and dxdiag ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name DB Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Acer System Model VERITON G BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Celeron Fps trouble Intel 82865g graphics control R CPU GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Intel R G Graphics Controller Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel R G Graphics Controller DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name ialmrnt dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD ialmnt sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E - - CF-B - B A C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Not Available DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run nbsp

A:Fps trouble Intel 82865g graphics control

i think your problem is your graphics chip. that card is having a hard time. integrated cards always sucked when it came to gaming. so i would suggest finding a new graphics card for your pc if you want to play games like those. the computer itself may be too old in terms of what slots it has. so you may need to scrap it and get a new one, or find a video card that will fit and give you the performance boost you need, and use that for a while.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-trouble-intel-82865g-graphics-control.94491/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey Guys I recently bought a Toshiba M laptop I ve had it for about a month now but i find that it tends to run a bit hot I can t tell what component it - Cooling Laptop M55 Fan Control Toshiba is that is getting so hot but it is located directly to the right of the touchpad where the base of your right hand would rest if you were typing Conversely it also gets really hot on the underside of the laptop at the same spot which when Laptop Fan Control - Cooling Toshiba M55 it s resting on your lap gets your thighs and well crotch depending on how close the laptop is to your torso very hot Now from what I understand laptops regulate their fans Laptop Fan Control - Cooling Toshiba M55 by temperature I was wondering if it s possible to change the temperature setting of the laptop to a lower setting so that the fan would turn on earlier and cool the thing down before it got that hot I tried using speedfan to check out the temps I only got one temp reading which I think was the Hard Drive which was at C and went up to C while the comp was doing nothing it felt hot to the touch I just want the fan to run more and do it s job the laptop hasn t hung or crashed yet sometimes the touchpad won t respond for a few seconds I m not sure whether that might be a heat related problem or not but either way I d like to cool this bad boy down Speedfan didn t do me any good really so i was wondering if anyone has experience with this sort of problem or suggestions on how to make the fan do it s job and also suggestions of other ways to cool the laptop down software or hardware aside from cooling pads which seem like a half- solution if it s a hardware solution you re suggesting ideally it d be an internal one so yeah please let me know all help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop Fan Control - Cooling Toshiba M55

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

mit006 said:

(aside from cooling pads which seem like a half-*** solution, if it's a hardware solution you're suggesting ideally it'd be an internal one.)

so yeah, please let me know... all help would be greatly appreciated.Click to expand...

If you'll listen, cool pads do work (I'll be it 1/2 way) Good selection
LAP top is a misnomer without a cooler, however on the internal part of cooling mods, I hope you're up to the task....
"Let The Real Mods Begin"
There is this too, the best I've found yet! The Real Laptop Mod
Of course it's at your own risk........but then that just makes it more fun :haha:

G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-fan-control-cooling-toshiba-m55.47485/
Relevancy 26.23%

Help Pls, I could'nt find the 24c.... chip on dell latitude 640m. Can somebody help me here so I can use the shorting method. Or is there any other way out? Help me to locate this chip pls.

A:Admin. password on dell latitude 640m

Admin. password on dell inspiron 640m

Pls, help needed for Admin.password (grey screen)on dell inspiron 640m. I mistakenly posted for latitude 640m earlier. I'm sorry! I actually meant that of dell inspiron 640m. I need help on how to locate the bios chip 24c...... or how to over come the grey screen with Admin. password protection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-on-dell-latitude-640m.89654/