Windows Support Forum

Lenovo T410 stuck in start up loop

Q: Lenovo T410 stuck in start up loop

My lenonvo thinkpad t is stuck in startup I was checking email and I noticed that my screen was freezing up a bit when an error message box came on up loop stuck in start T410 Lenovo screen unfortunately I did not take note of what it said and my computer began to shut down by itself I hit the power button to make sure it wouldnt restart and gave it minutes before i went to turn it back on Now when i try to turn it on it shows the lenovo splash screen but then goes black and shows the splash screen again never proceeding to windows I have spent most of the say looking up possible solutions but while many people have had similar problems most other posts involve system recovery options which do not appear on my screen It is allowing me to boot into BIOS but I have not been able to find a solution there Do I need to reinstall Windows Please help nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lenovo T410 stuck in start up loop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 69.66%

I have a newer sager laptop with windows 7 ultimate. Upon starting up the computer it flashes an American Megatrends page for a second, goes dark and then continues this loop infinitely. It gives no option such as f1 or f2 to exit the loop. I have also tried the f8 and delete buttons to no avail.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 69.66%

please help crcdisk.sys driver problem
Hi,
I am really in need of some help.... I have a HP 530 notebook PC that was running windows vista. A couple days ago after a power outage I have been unable to start my computer. When I attempt to start it in safe mode it ends with the driver/crcdisk.sys and will not go any further. The screen then turns to the blue screen of death for about .5 seconds before continuing the whole startup loop again. I am at such a loss. can someone please help or give suggestions? please let me know if you need any additional info.

A:stuck in start up loop

Hello britt10, welcome to Vista Forums!

What type PC / OS are you using to post here?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281819-stuck-start-up-loop.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I am stuck in a start-up loop... Won't let me go into safemode and my recovery program will not do a repair... Is there any way to get the files off the hard-drive before I reformat besides having to take out my drive and haul it to a friends house?

I know it's a long shot, just looking for things to check.. Last time this happened it made my never cry 16 year old bawl her head off!!

Chari

A:Stuck in start-up loop....

Is there any way to get the files off the hard-driveClick to expand...

download a Linux distro and burn the image onto a CD. boot from this CD and save your data (burn to CD/DVD). very popular in this realm is Knoppix, as it has full read AND write support for NTFS volumes.

http://www.knoppix.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-start-up-loop.580187/
Relevancy 69.66%

I attempted to removed a virus using hijack this. It had previously said that the virus could only be removed by the administrator. I booted in safe mode as adminstrator, ran HJT and parsed. I fixed 2 "red" items a 04 and a 23. after fixing I reran HJT the 23 was still there. I tried to fix it again and restarted. When it was starting up in normal, most of my desk top icons were missing. So I restarted again, by hard booting. I may not have allowed the system to finish starting before restarting.

Now, the system will not go past the boot menu. Regardless of which boot method I choose, the system attempts to start but returns to the boot menu.

A:Stuck in start up loop

I've added this topic to our Unbootable Computers topic...hopefully, someone will attempt to assist you within the next 24 hours (we cannot predict the schedules of Staff/members, all of whom are volunteers and lead other lives).

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394844/stuck-in-start-up-loop/
Relevancy 68.8%

My sons laptop (Acer 5551) had a windows update over night about 3-4 days ago and since then it won't get past "Setup is starting sevices" it comes up with a box saying "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation". I have tried restarting in safe mode and the same message keeps coming up, any ideas? I am not a nerd so be gentle on me

Thanks Ray

A:Laptop Stuck in a start up loop!!

Hi Ray,& welcome to the Forums..

Do you have the original installation disk?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/160862-laptop-stuck-start-up-loop.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

The problem I have is as follows:

My PC starts to boot. The Windows XP screen is displayed and then after several minutes, a lite blue screen appears stating that I have a consistancy error and starts to run a CHKDSK function. When completed, a dark blue appears for less than a second showing a sector error which I do not have the time to document. The PC then continues to start up only to reboot after roughly 10 seconds.

I am able to access the safemode screen by tapping the F8 key, but once there, my keyboard will not work.

Thank you for your help.

Jon

A:PC start up process stuck in a loop.

I would attempt a windows repair first. If that does not fix your problem we may need to test hardware, if your hardware is good, than you may need to do a re install of windows.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/185849/pc-start-up-process-stuck-in-a-loop/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi All My time to post a problem - My XP SP will not start any more past the splash screen Today I did my usual monthly cleanup inside the box blow out check RAM was fully seated replugged all wires etc back in and rechecked them Now it would not boot except for Safe Mode so I ran a normal DiskCheck and it rebooted Check finished OK but it will not start in any mode now I have done last known good but the blue lines start to cross the Start screen and the computer decides on options start loop normally not chkdsk Will stuck in and by itself - It will go back to a Diskcheck or it will go Beep and die I get the normal Beep as it starts but no other response As I can only use Safe mode I still scanned with MBAM and SAS Avira is the A virus and Comodo is the Firewall Any help or at least any ideas would be great please Will not start normally and stuck in chkdsk loop - Thank You -

A:Will not start normally and stuck in chkdsk loop

1) NEVER touch the ram unless there is an absolute need to do so. Reseat it? WHY????2) Boot to the recovery console and run chkdsk /r3) If still no joy, do a repair install:Boot to the XP CD and choose the SECOND repair option, allowing XP to install on top of itself. After completion you'll need to go to Windows Update and download & install all updates (except for hardware & driver related updates, which should never be downloaded from Windows Update - only from the OEM websites). Here is a clear tutorial on how to perform a repair install:http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/138-how-to-repair-windows-xp/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401645/will-not-start-normally-and-stuck-in-chkdsk-loop/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a Dell Inspiron with up in loop. repair the start I'm stuck Windows I let I'm stuck in the start up repair loop. my son use it for a while and the next time I tried to use it it won't start My son is not around to ask what he might have done I get this Windows Error Recovery Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause Launch Startup Repair recommended I've done that many times and the result is Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically Problem Details I'm stuck in the start up repair loop. Problem signature Problem Event Name StartupRepairOfflineProblem I'm stuck in the start up repair loop. Signature unknown AutoFailover CorruptRegistryOS Version Locale ID That window also gives me the option to Send information about this problem recommended I do that and Windows is checking for a solution to the problem Again Windows cannot repair this computer automatically Gives me two choices View diagnostic and repair details I won't type the log at this time because it's very long Suffice to say that the tests were completed successfully except Root cause found Startup Repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem Next option View advanced options for system recovery and support Choose a Recovery Tool Startup Repair - Been there done that System Restore - System couldn't find any restore points System Image Recovery - I don't have a system image available Windows Memory Diagnostic - Check your computer for memory problems Restart and check for problems recommended Windows Memory Diagnostics ToolWindows will restart the computer automatically Test results will be displayed after you log on It ran two test passes No problems had been detected by the time the overall test status reached When the laptop restarted it went right back to failure mode and ran Startup Repair all over again Which of course didn't work Next thing I tried was a clean install of Windows by going into the Boot menu and setting it to boot from the CD DVD Driver and putting in the Windows installation DVD I thought maybe a clean install would overwrite the corrupted registry spotted earlier Windows loaded files Setup started I chose Windows Home Premium x Installation began Copied Windows files Expanding Windows files Even though the dots were moving like it was doing something it seemed stuck at After about minutes I got the following message The installation was cancelled Windows cannot install required files Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart installation Error code x Back to the install now screen where I was given the option to Repair Your Computer I clicked that and System Recovery Options screen came up which gave me the option of using recovery tools that can help fix problems starting Windows The operating system Windows was highlighted partition size MB D Local Disk Clicked next and back to Startup Repair checking my system for problems Attempting repairs This might take several minutes At twelve minutes it was still attempting repairs I wanted to give up and clicked cancel only to be faced with a notice that the current repair operation cannot be cancelled I had to shut off the computer to put a stop to it I have not been able to get into any of the Safe Mode Options nor did the Last Known Good Configuration work either Each click brought me right back to Startup Repair I was able to get to the command prompt I ran chkdsk D R D is where my operating system is No problems found Also ran sfc scannow offbootdir D offwindir D windows No integrity violations I read previous threads about the Startup Repair Loop and found information about Farbar Recovery Scan Tool I downloaded it and ran it After that I rebooted and got right back to the Startup Repair Loop

A:I'm stuck in the start up repair loop.

Not sure what your son did, but according to Startup Repair, your registry is corrupt.
You can try the steps outlined here to try to roll back the registry settings: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/corrupt-registry-root-cause-in-startup-repair/f77d5355-b8be-41d6-af24-cae994e1768f

If that doesn't work, you may have to wipe the hard drive entirely and do a clean re-install of the operating system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562823/im-stuck-in-the-start-up-repair-loop/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have been getting regularly occurring BSODs with various errors. Looking for help please.
The dump output from BSOD program and performance monitor data are attached.

The system is:
Laptop
Lenovo T410
Current OS is Windows 7 and is the one that came with the system.
System is 3 or 4 years old.

The BSODs seem to occur during heavy browser usage. Having multiple tabs opened and switching back and forth between tabs, the browser, and desktop apps. But almost always (if not always), when I am in a browser window.

Thanks,

Paul T.

A:BSOD Lenovo T410

Additional info ... The internet browser being used seems to be unimportant. I get BSODs with Chrome, Firefox and IE.

Paul T.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-lenovo-t410-761169.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi everyone,
Need a new laptop for my computer science degree, considered quite a few. Was just wondering if anyone has an oppinion on the Lenovo ThinkPad T410 2516, I would upgrade it as follows:
i5-460m processor
windows 7 home premium 64
3/4GB RAM
320GB 7200rpm hard drive
9 cell battery
Anyone think i should upgrade it differently, I'd like to get it a little cheaper so where if anywhere should i make the cuts in upgrades?
Has anyone got this laptop? is it particularly heavy to carry around?

A:What do you think of the Lenovo ThinkPad T410?

what the difference in 3 and 4GB memory - i would not expect you to use that amount of memory unless you are using some special heavy memory programs

what other choice of CPUs do you have

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-do-you-think-of-the-lenovo-thinkpad-t410.957614/
Relevancy 67.94%

My Gateway m Windows XP Media Edition Intel r Pentium r D GHz x is stuck in the start up loop I have reset the BIOS to default XP BSOD up stuck loop in start iastor.sys settings I disabled automatic restart and got XP stuck in start up loop BSOD iastor.sys the following BSOD STOP x E xc xb d ac xba ecc x iastor sys - address b d ac base at b d datestamp d ede I recognize that these are hexidecimal addresses The PC starts up with the dos looking screen goes black and opens the screen that asks if I want to start in safe mode all types with last known good configuration or start Windows normally ANY choice brings up the Windows start screen with the progress bar then goes black and returns to the safe mode screen If I hold F it will enter a different option screen and when I disabled automatic restart I got the above BSOD My son said he opened Firefox and it timed out so he did a hard restart power switch and the above has been happening ever since The PC has been running fine until now There is no boot CD and the Windows files are on a partition so no disks I m an old school hardware guy pre-Windows and my software knowledge is limited to user experience Any thing you can suggest would help greatly and I appreciate it nbsp

A:XP stuck in start up loop BSOD iastor.sys

Resetting the BIOS to default may set the hard drive controller to AHCI mode. Go back into BIOS setup and set it to IDE mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-stuck-in-start-up-loop-bsod-iastor-sys.1004249/
Relevancy 67.94%

my pc has been stuck in a reboot loop since yesterday - for some months it had been saying low disk space. yesterday, when i wasn't looking, I think it automatically installed some kind of windows update - and it hasn't started since then. I can't get it to start in safe mode. I can get it gto display the CMOS set up utility - is there anything I can do here to get over this? any help much appreciated - its an old machine but the hard drive has stuff on it i want (particularly photos)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-in-a-reboot-loop-wont-start-in-any-mode-306859.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello all I ve got a bit of a problem and im kind of stumped as to where I can go from here Basically I was using an Acer g laptop Was streaming a movie from my Pc in the evening The movie finished and up in loop Stuck Ultimate Vista start my son decided he was going to switch the laptop off by just pressing the power button bless him he s only and was trying to help Anyhow switched the laptop back on the next day and Vista Ultimate Stuck in start up loop it just goes round in a boot loop gets to the start up screen offering options to start in safe mode last known configuration etc etc It doesnt matter which option you choose it starts to load ie the little windows symbol appears with a status meter then flashes very briefly a BSOD and restarts and returns back to the start up screen I ve Vista Ultimate Stuck in start up loop tried repairing the boot files using a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate without any success also the copy of windows is not found on the hard drive when trying to use the utilitys provived within the original Windows disc Now I dont really want to wipe the hard drive and reinstall a clean copy of Windows as there a few things on the laptop that I really would like to retreive which is why Im bowing to the mercy of the people who know a bit more than me Any help would be gratefully appreciated Nick

A:Vista Ultimate Stuck in start up loop

Did you try running the chkdsk /r command?

Hard shutdowns...may result in damaged files. Sometimes this can be overcome by chkdsk /r.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413149/vista-ultimate-stuck-in-start-up-loop/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hey I was watching videos on youtube when my laptop just shutoff on me So I try to churn it back on But when I did it show start-up repair screen telling me that windows couldn't not start-up Later it tells me it stuck loop start-up Crash on a repair now couldn't fix the issue from here I have two options A shut off and then go back on this loop B Go to advance option which has command prompt start up repair system restore system image recovery windows Memory diagnostic This wouldn't be to much of issue normaly if anything like this would happen I would Crash now stuck on a start-up repair loop just put my windows cd to reinstall the os But I have a acer aspire timelinex gt which does not have a cd rom I read something about the back thing which allows you to bring your laptop back to factory settings by press alt-f at the start up of your laptop But it does not work and I enable D D so i don't know why that wont work Some other things I have try to do was -Run in safe mode doesn't work still brings me to start-up repair -System restore just says can't because some files are corrupt This is what it says in startup-repair Problem Signature Problem Even Name StartupRepairOffline Problem signature Problem signature Problem signature unknown Problem signature Problem signature AutoFailover Problem signature Problem signature CorruptFile OS version Locale ID Thanks in advance

A:Crash now stuck on a start-up repair loop

I cant run safe mode
I also can't do a reinstall of the os. No cd rom

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/166286-crash-now-stuck-start-up-repair-loop.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi guys I'm having an issue with my on my desktop PC Have had installed for a couple of months now without issue until recently Computer will not start ending on a sad smiley face BSOD with the message INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error codes x and xc have been seen Sounds to me like repair loop, can't Stuck start. automatic in a corrupted hard drive Did a bit of reading and went into command prompt armed with various chkdsk r and f commands all of which were carried Stuck in automatic repair loop, can't start. out showing no issues A few guides said to carry a few bootrec commands fixMBR rebuildBCD fixBoot which I've also done without much success Also tried this https www youtube com watch v EGPVKk JCc No Stuck in automatic repair loop, can't start. change there either I chucked the installation disk in and tried to run a repair but it says the hard drive is locked Woo Some attempts to unlock said drive has resulted in the above actions I appreciate any input available Thanks for your time Martin

A:Stuck in automatic repair loop, can't start.

Hi Anti & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

This bug check indicates that the Microsoft Windows operating system has lost access to the system partition during startup.

Did you try with another HDD? I would suggest you doing the Disk Diagnostics and report back the results -
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

Furthermore, have you tried re-plugging the cables with which your Hard Disk is connected?

Let me know how it goes ^_^

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/55616-stuck-automatic-repair-loop-cant-start.html
Relevancy 67.94%

i ran avg tuneup on an older computer in hopes of speeding it up. walked away during the cleanup and when i returned i had a black dos screen asking how to restart. tried normally, safe mode, last configuration, none work. just continues to restart in a loop. tries to load then goes to power save and starts all over without loading. have install disc and ran repair. made it all the way, saving configuration, starts to load showing windows xp logo then stops, repeating loop again. ran chkdsk, fixboot. nothing. any ideas?

Relevancy 67.94%

Hello this is quite a bothersome little error let me explain to the best of my ability The Patient A beautiful custom made computer H H -M motherbaord i intel loop repair Windows 7 on Stuck Up Start processor DDR gb ram with a gb Nivida Driver and gb Seagate harddrive Running on Windows Professional if it matters The problem My windows opens on the start up repair when the scan finishes the scan that doesn't even last seconds it Stuck on Windows 7 Start Up repair loop restats and begains again How it began I do not Stuck on Windows 7 Start Up repair loop know I am however leaning towards a corrupt Hard drive or a Virus Hoping it is a virus because I really want to salvage the memory on the hard drive I left my computer on while I went to watch a movie when I came back the computer was off and the monitor was still on When I turned it on it the screen froze and so I turned if off by holding on the power button I waited seconds and turned it on again and that is when the Start Up error began How I have tried to solve said problem first I let it run its course after the fifth time I knew this was not going to get better I procited to start the computer using the f options all of which did a really funny thing Safe Mode showed one line of text and then immidiatly to start up repair Last good config also start up repair My personal favorite Disable start up repair took me to you guessed it right back to start up repair I looked for other ways to start it up so before the start up scan was iniciated I canceld it to recieve other options Startup Repair would do nothing just restart it System Restore Showed that there was no other check point to return to System Image Recovery Also shows nothing doesn't even detect the DVD I have in the drive which also happens to be the Image Recovery disk WIndows Memory Diagnostic does abosulty nothing Command Prompt is where I had more success I did a chkdsk on the C dir it showed everything was ok yet I could not see the files it has in its directory using the dir On the harddisk D it show something like this WARNING F parameter not specified Running CHKDSK in read-only mode Currupt master file table Windows will attempt to recover Windows cannot recover master file table CHKDSK aborted to this I responed with the chkdsk r and the results were almost the same After this I gave in to it being a currupt disk until I was about to re-install windows I saw a repair option as I opened it I found that the windows partition size was normally this should have more So I looked around and found this link which lead me to a great tool also presented here on bleeping computer the FRST tool Now upon running this tool I realized a bunch of my files have disappeart and not just normal files these where critical files that are used to start up windows the Software Hive files and a whole lot of system files I am now trying to find the files to restore them because well I want to keep the memory if at all possible but if not nuking the memory might be the fastest and easiest way Thanks to whom ever took the time to read all this and hope we can find a solution that doesn't involve memory loss If you need to see the FRST report I will gladdly paste it if it is necessary

A:Stuck on Windows 7 Start Up repair loop

hello and to bleepingcomputer! A corrupt MFT could mean that the drive is bad, question for you is do you have any data on the drive that you would need to recover? If yes, we'll need to use a data recovery software to try and get data from the drive, if not we should run a hardware diagnostic to check if the drive is done or not. Create a cd/dvd on a working computer and Run a 'long test' with Seagate tools for dos using the below instruction

1. For writing it to a CD/DVD, follow this tutorial: Burn Disc Image - ISO or IMG file2. For writing it to an USB pen drive, the easy way is to use Win32 Disk Imager | Free Development software downloads at SourceForge.net

Note
The downloaded ISO will not be written to the USB Pen Drive as it is. You need to alter the .iso file a bit to make it writable. Very little job is involved. Download or install either 7-Zip (free) or WinRAR (not free).
Extract the downloaded .iso file.
Rename the SeaTools.ima to SeaTools.img.
Burn the SeaTools.img file using Win32 Disk Imager
3. Download and double click to execute it. Select teh USB device, and browse for the renamed .img image.

4. Double click on the image, when found.

5. Click on Write.

6. A Confirm Overwrite message will appear. Click yes.

7. See the progress bar for a few seconds and the image is written and ready to boot from.PART - II: Booting from Seatools for DOS1. Now it is to boot from the CD/DVD or USB. You may do it using two alternative ways.
Enter into the BISO and change the BOOT order to CD (or USB) to first.
Use the BIOS Boot Menu Key to get the list of all possible devices to boot from. Select the CD (or USB) by using the scroll arrow keys and enter.
2. When on the GUI, at first a warning message will appear. Accept it by clicking on "I Accept".

Part - 3: Testing
There are three types of tests.
Short Test;
Long Test; and
Acoustic Test.

For most of the cases, Short tests are enough. But if Short tests detect problems, Long tests are suggested.

Information
Long test has a mechanism to recover/repair some disc errors like BAD sectors. But the recovery/repair options work only for Seagate brand HDDs.

PART - IV: Results
Test results are of two types, in general.
Passed; and
Failed with errors; which may yield two possible alternative ultimate outcomes.
Passed after repair
Failed after repair

1. If passed, its all good.

2. If the test result a failure, with bad sectors etc, it will suggest you to have a warranty replacement, with a supplied test code.

Click on "Done". It will supply you some options to repair the failures.

You need to opt for "Repair this one and all remaining".2.(a) If repairs are successful, it will show a result as passed after repair. It is good, too.

2.( But if the repair is unsuccessful, then there is no way but try to back up your data and replace the disc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529870/stuck-on-windows-7-start-up-repair-loop/
Relevancy 67.94%

I started up my HP Touch Smart today and it started autmatically updating. It has been stuck on Update 6 of 8 for several hours.

How can I safely get out of this loop?

Thank you.

A:Stuck in start up "Installing update 6 of 8..." loop

Normally you don't want to power off during these updates, but sometimes when something like this happens, you have no choice.  Just power off, wait a few seconds, then power back on and hope for the best.  Usually that works.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540887/stuck-in-start-up-installing-update-6-of-8-loop/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello I am trying to fix a friend s laptop It is a Compaq Presario us series and its problem is that it boots as far as the Windows XP loading screen then I get a blue screen with a E STOP error for less than a second then it loops this cycle I WAS able to boot into safe mode as it gave me the option before but for some reason I can t do in all? 7E Windows Stuck can't start at BSOD loop, so anymore When I was in safe mode I went to check the drivers and the Ethernet driver had an exclamation mark next to it as did just Stuck in 7E BSOD loop, can't start Windows at all? about everything in the quot other devices quot section - USB Mass media storage etc USB and memory card slots don t seem to work at all - however the Stuck in 7E BSOD loop, can't start Windows at all? CD-ROM drive does work What I have done so far is used my own Windows disc to enter Recovery mode then done chkdsk p which turned up one or more disk errors I then ran chkdsk r then chkdsk p again and it did not turn up any errors that time However it still gives me the same E error loop again My friend says she doesn t think she has the discs otherwise I would use those to reinstall the bad drivers Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Stuck in 7E BSOD loop, can't start Windows at all?

Hi boofie75,

Try booting into 'Last Known Good' configuration...

Post back let us know !

Pauline

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424003/stuck-in-7e-bsod-loop-cant-start-windows-at-all/
Relevancy 67.94%

I need some help please I keep getting Consistant I5 BSOD T410 Lenovo a BSOD like clockwork on my Laptop The Laptop can run in safe mode with no issues Tested this last night and this it was still on this morning I initially thought it was the ram so I removed the onboard Gb and replaced it with a new chip Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410 I thought it Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410 was the video drivers so I tried all Lenovo's recommended Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410 drivers but it doesnt work cause according to the drivers I dont have a graphics card I reloaded windows to bit by doing a clean install and have not loaded any other drivers except the ones thats generic by windows I am clueless as I have tried every angle possible Anyone pls Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP C C C BCP F EA BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Danie AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP
We could also use some system information, which you can get easily by running msinfo32.
To do that go to start>run>type msinfo32>enter

When it is finished running go to file>save>name it and upload to us here.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/225684-consistant-bsod-lenovo-i5-t410.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi Can I use Battery from Lenovo ThinkPad T410 in Thinkpad T400?

A:Can I use Battery from Lenovo ThinkPad T410 in T40...

No.  It is a different shape

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-I-use-Battery-from-Lenovo-ThinkPad-T410-in-T400/td-p/3316561
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi Guys,

I got Lenovo T410, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate, and it function well besides that I don't have comunication, no WiFi nor by cable. I assume driver is missing. Any suggestion?

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/388823-communication-driver-lenovo-t410.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and was wondering where I could get the fingerprint reader, bluetooth and thinkvantage drivers for my Thinkpad. I'm not really sure which drivers to get online.

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410 Driver Help

Quote: Originally Posted by verbatim20

I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and was wondering where I could get the fingerprint reader, bluetooth and thinkvantage drivers for my Thinkpad. I'm not really sure which drivers to get online.

Hi verbatim, you can find the drivers here Lenovo Support - Download Drivers and Software (GB)? if you need further help post back

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/183853-lenovo-thinkpad-t410-driver-help.html
Relevancy 67.08%

what does unmountable boot volume mean?
hi...toshiba laptop XP home sp2....seemed warm underneath lately, and so we were carefully to allow enough air circulation to keep it cool. Last night however, I think it overheated....now a startup loop that includes brief windows xp startup page, quick flash of a blue screen ( too quick to read), and then to the black/white error page. None of the black and white options worked, but i was able to get into safe mode via restart and tapping F8 and so made the adjustment to stop the restart cycle and so now I see the blue screen, which says unmountable boot drive

I have the recovery disk that came with the satellite, but i don't think the computer is reading the cd rom drive....

what can we do to minimize damage?

what exactly is damaged?
thanks!
bluemoon

A:Unmountable boot volume and start up loop stuck

You can still save the system following the instruscions from this website.

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2605/fixing_the_dreaded_unmountable_boot_volume_error/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unmountable-boot-volume-and-start-up-loop-stuck.782311/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi there,
Yesterday I was watching a video on my laptop when a terrible grinding noise, like a disk stuck in a drive, started blasting out and the computer froze. It was a terrible sound so I unplugged the laptop.
Now, when I turn it on I am taken through the start up repair but none of the restore options or diagnostic scans work. I am just brought back here when the laptop resets. If I try to boot in safe mode or via a usb the laptop blue screens.
I can boot asus express cloud but when I try to open the OS from there it blue screens too.
I am looking for a way to get back into my computer. Any help is much appreciated.
I am using an ASUS 64 bit laptop that runs windows 7. If any further information is needed please let me know. Thanks in advance.

A:stuck in blue screen/start up repair loop

It appears like your OS malfunctioned. Try installing another bootable OS immediately the blue screen appears. I recommend a  different version of OS from the one you are using.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610307/stuck-in-blue-screenstart-up-repair-loop/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello all I have been tearing my hair out all day on Windows Machine 7 Repair Stuck ... in Up Loop Start this issue and hope someone can help System specs are here Last night the machine kept having the audio fade in and out and I would randomly hear the sound effect of a USB device being connected disconnect when I wasn't do so So I ran CCleaner and rebooted It the dumped me to the Start Up Repair menu and said it could not be repaired If I hit quot Finished quot the machine powered down So I booted up the DVD for Windows ran the Start Up Repair from there It said it worked and if I run it again from the DVD it says no errors are found I also ran the memory checker came up fine ran chkdsk Windows 7 Machine Stuck in Start Up Repair Loop ... came up fine ran the Seagate Harddrive Utility for DOS came up fine and finally an AVG virus scan from boot media came up Windows 7 Machine Stuck in Start Up Repair Loop ... fine I attempted Windows 7 Machine Stuck in Start Up Repair Loop ... System Restore on every available restore point and each one failed with a hex error code Still when I boot up normally it throws me to the Start Up Repair screen doesn't fix the issue and produces the following output Problem Event Name StartUpRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature NotRootCause OS Version Locale ID I live in a remote area and we only have one PC repair place in town and the gentleman who runs it is gone until the th I'm typing this message on an ancient Mac Book but it won't do for the work I must complete I'd also like to avoid having to format the HD for the obvious reason If I absolutely have to I will but I'm not convinced its HD related since everything comes up clean on the HD health Anyone have any ideas Thank you so much for your time EDIT I just ran Windows Defender Offline and it did not find any malware EDIT I ran sfc sfc scannow offbootdir d offwindir d windows from the install disc gt Repair gt Command prompt window The result was simply Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations

A:Windows 7 Machine Stuck in Start Up Repair Loop ...

Hello and welcome Rivet mate you are in the right place now and I know how frustrating it can be but there are lots of real clever folks in here that can help out.

Now can you get Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware onto a stick and run these in the machine with the problem?

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

both are free and might take a while to run. Also what are you using to install the 7 on the machine as you say you don't want to format and start again which leaves me thinking you have done some stuff on the machine before this problem cropped up? I ask because I would normally say try another install. It would be useful to use the tutorial below first but you need a machine with a running system to attach the drive to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/113967-ssd-alignment.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272746-windows-7-machine-stuck-start-up-repair-loop.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I tried to Perform a clean install of Windows XP using the WINNT exe application because I havent got the Intalation CD It Winnt32 start Instalation in HELP! Stuck normally! Solved: loop, Can't accepted the Product Key fine and I got to the blue screen where you can delete or create partitions etc What happened in Between you can skip this I needed to delete the existing partition and create a new one in its place to re-instal windows XP But when I tried to delete the existing partition it wouldnt let me because im running the instalation off the drive that im trying to delete This site said it would work http guides metronorthchamber com How to Reinstall Windows Solved: HELP! Stuck in Winnt32 Instalation loop, Can't start normally! XP Without the CD-a html So I pressed f to exit and reboot restart Then a screen appeared where i choose between not exact words Start Windows XP Home Edition or Start Windows Instalation But it wouldnt let me choose Start Windows XP Home Edition it was stuck on Start Windows Instalation and my keyboards fine It was just a loop Reboot gt Instalatoin blue screen s thing gt reboot etc I couldnt do anything else Where Im at now So I chose the Repair Windows Xp not exact words thinking it may let me go back to a normal startup Anyway Solved: HELP! Stuck in Winnt32 Instalation loop, Can't start normally! that completed but now when i reboot it starts to load windows XP like it used to just Normaly but when it gets past the page with the windows Logo and loading bar a light blue screen appears saying Setup is being restarted at the top and the the screen goes black The mouse pointers still there and it moves Help How do I start Windows XP normally P S The comp sells on Monday the rd I was just trying to reinstal XP for the new Owner HELP nbsp

A:Solved: HELP! Stuck in Winnt32 Instalation loop, Can't start normally!

Ive had to just buy XP...never mind

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-stuck-in-winnt32-instalation-loop-cant-start-normally.879163/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello all I have been tearing my hair out all day on this issue and hope someone can help First system specs Intel Core i Processor GHz core Gigabytes of RAM Win -bit Home Premium GeForce GTX Ti GB VRAM Last night the machine kept having the audio fade in and out and I would randomly hear the sound effect of a USB device being connected disconnect when I wasn t do so So I ran CCleaner and rebooted It the dumped me to the Start Up Repair menu and said it could not be repaired If I hit quot Finished quot the machine powered down So I booted up the DVD for Windows ran the Start Up Repair from there It said it worked and if I run it again from the DVD it says no errors are found I also ran the memory checker came up fine ran chkdsk came up fine ran the Seagate Harddrive Utility for DOS came up fine and finally an AVG virus scan from boot media came up fine I attempted System Restore on every available restore point and each one failed with a hex error code Still when I boot up normally it throws me to the 7 Machine Start Loop Stuck in Up Windows ... Repair Start Up Repair screen doesn t fix the issue and produces the following output Problem Event Name StartUpRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature NotRootCause OS Version Locale Windows 7 Machine Stuck in Start Up Repair Loop ... ID I live in a remote area and we only have one PC repair place in town and the gentleman who runs it is gone until the th I m typing this message on an ancient Mac Book but it won t do for the work I must complete I d also like to avoid having to format the HD for the obvious reason If I absolutely have to I will but I m not convinced its HD related Windows 7 Machine Stuck in Start Up Repair Loop ... since everything comes up clean on the HD health Anyone have any ideas Thank you so much for your time EDIT One other thing I that I tried just now was running the Windows Defender Offline tool and it came up with no malware EDIT I ran sfc sfc scannow offbootdir d offwindir d windows from the install disc gt Repair gt Command prompt window The result was simply Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations

A:Windows 7 Machine Stuck in Start Up Repair Loop ...

Please do the following:(the screenshots are from Windows XP, but things will be essentially the same in Windows 7)Get a look at the error message presented by the BSOD (blue screen of death) ....Start tapping the F8 key after you press the ON button, and continue tapping until you are presented with the "Advanced Boot Options" menu screen.
Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to select "Disable automatic restart on system failure" and press the <ENTER> key.Your system will attempt to start normally, but when it crashes, it will not re-start: Instead, you will see a BSOD with error message.
Record the error message details (contained in the areas outlined in red, in the above example image), and post in your reply.Note the text in the lower left-side corner of the error message screen. In the example image above, it reads:
Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical dump of memory complete.
Contact .................... for further assistance.
Please report what you see on your error screen if different.When you have recorded the error message, you will need to press the RESTART button or the ON/OFF button (and hold for 5 seconds), to restart/switch off the computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480984/windows-7-machine-stuck-in-start-up-repair-loop/
Relevancy 67.08%

System information:

- Lenovo T410
- Bought December 2010
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OEM
- Hitachi 500 GB hard drive
- NVIDIA NVS 3100m Optimus Graphics 512MB DDR3 with AMT
- 4 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1067MHz SODIMM Memory (2 DIMM) + I installed another 4 GB

I have not reinstalled the OS. The laptop had BSOD's right out of the box. They are unpredictable and occur 1-4 times per day. I disabled the switchable graphics, which seemed to reduce the frequency of the BSODs a little. I've updated the system via Lenovo's System Update tool. I called Lenovo's technical service and they ran through their stock checks and it didn't help.

I've attached the dump and system file collection + system diagnostics.

Thanks for any insight,
Dave

A:Frequent BSOD - new Lenovo T410 laptop

Hi davevoyageur and Welcome.

For a stable set up your Ram should ideally be matched. Same Manufacturer. Type. Model. Size. Batch. Timings. Etc..
Have you tried uninstalling the one stick and seeing if the blue screens continue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/144609-frequent-bsod-new-lenovo-t410-laptop.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello,
I am having trouble getting the built-in wireless adapter on this laptop to get connected to the internet. I have installed the following driver:
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/migr-73611
but have had no luck. there are no available wireless connections I can connect to.
I have also tried to use USB wireless adapter TP-LINK TL-WN725N to connect to internet. It is able to find available connections but when it tries to connect it says unable to connect and give options to troubleshoot. Once troubleshoot is complete it says to investigate router or access point issues. I have reset the router many times. Other devices are working fine with the internet just not this laptop.
I am running windows 7 64Bit.
Please help.
Thanks

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410 wireless issue

Can you connect the laptop to the router using a cable at all ?

using just the laptop wireless adapter
unlikely to be this as it is reporting NO networks available - but check anyway please
Check the wireless is switched ON
theres often a physical switch or a combination of the FN and one of the F keys to toggle the wireless on/off
often F2 is used - but note , not always - look for a symbol that looks a little like (( i ))

is the wireless on?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

can we see an ipconfig /all - see how below
do a tcp/ip reset - see how below
post a screen shot of xirrus please - see how below

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10

For Windows Vista through to Windows 10
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen )​
For Windows 8 & 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-thinkpad-t410-wireless-issue.1154408/
Relevancy 67.08%

hi, i have a laptop lenovo T410 that run on window xp.
After running the window, i am prompted to log in but i forgot the password.
So what must i do. How do i reset the laptop to its original factory setting.
Thanks.

A:how to reset lenovo T410 to factory setting.

All your files will be lost. Do you want to recover them first?

Do you know the Administrator password?

Do you have a blue button above the keyboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-reset-lenovo-t410-to-factory-setting.1036696/
Relevancy 67.08%

Recently my T410 laptop has had issues with charging the battery, the battery is plugged in and not charging.I have attempted updating the firmware for the battery, it failes half way through as the battery cannot be not identified.The lenovo power mannager does not resolve the issue either as it cannot detect the battery. Any advice on diagnostics or resolutions would be greatly appreciated, as after contacting lenovo support, they simply told me to replace the battery. Which I am happy to do but only as a last resort. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-T410-Battery-Plugged-in-and-Not-Charging/td-p/3355260
Relevancy 67.08%

The thinkpad hasn't been used for nearly a year and two months since i purchased it from my friend. Lenovo Power Manager recongnized the battery for a few seconds then says:  Could not detect battery, please reinsert battery or recharge the battery. I applied double sided tape to the thinkpad battery so it wouldn't wobble. Still the same problem. Battery was purchased 2014-06-04.It is an aftermarket battery.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-T410-Battery-Plugged-in-and-Not-Charging/td-p/3413116
Relevancy 67.08%

HelloI am planning to update my t410 with an egpu adapter.What interface should I consider? Express card or maybe pcie?Which version of the express card is in that platform (t410)?And I really want to know the same about pcie.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-t410-egpu-upgarde-which-connection/td-p/3423952
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Lenovo G500S Touch running Windows 8.1. I am stuck in the endless loop, which I've researched and still haven't found a solution. For many hours, all it would do is just show a black screen with "Lenovo" on it. Then it went into this loop, and nothing I do can get out of it. Help??

A:Lenovo laptop stuck in "Automatic Repair loop"

Note: I can get the "Startup Settings" screen, but following that, I CANNOT get the options to select; so I can't select, say, Safe Mode, or whatever.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-laptop-stuck-in-automatic-repair-loop.1156782/
Relevancy 66.65%

So here the length Stuck In accept loop start repair not up cmd command prompt does of it to start I have a Sony Vaio running windows home prem x bit so to the Stuck In start up repair loop command prompt does not accept cmd issue I was tinkering around with some customization stuff like load screen boot screen animation and system icons stuff like that I ended up installing windows crystal just a shiny windows over haul from what I understood I didnt end up liking it so I want to get rid of it couldnt figure out how Stuck In start up repair loop command prompt does not accept cmd so I used the repair disc the computer made me make thinking it was a restore all type thing im guessing i was wrong because Im now stuck in the start up repair loop been there for days non stop I read other post of similar issues and found the only one i could do was the command prompt option of disabling it since i didnt make a windows back up Stuck In start up repair loop command prompt does not accept cmd disc thought that was what the recovery disc was so I entered the bcdedit set default recoveryenabled no and the response was quot is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file if any one has any ideas im open to the help at this point my only other idea is to run a windows xp disc and use the microsoft cert code i have to upgrade to windows again but i dont know if that would work or not any insight would be great and if i do have to do that does anyone know where to get the vaio specific drivers that i would be losing thank you in advance I understand I was less then intelligent about what i was doing but I figured the best way to learn how to do this stuff was just to do it and suffer the aftermath

A:Stuck In start up repair loop command prompt does not accept cmd

how are you getting access to the command prompt? are there other options for you to click on other than cmd?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285456-stuck-start-up-repair-loop-command-prompt-does-not-accept-cmd.html
Relevancy 66.65%

My son has a zoostorm freedom which was working fine and now it's not!! It is stuck in a start-up repair loop. My husband has tried to follow solutions suggested on this site but no joy. Have also tried to re-install windows 7 but no luck either. Took it to PC world and they can't help. I would really appreciate any help as i have stuff on it I would be sad to lose!!

A:zoostorm freedom - stuck in start up repair loop and can't re-install

Since getting the information off the system is top priority: Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console

Backup Files Using PartedMagic

You can obtain PartedMagic from: PartedMagic.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236923-zoostorm-freedom-stuck-start-up-repair-loop-cant-re-install.html
Relevancy 66.65%

My laptop fell into a never-ending cycle during a Windows Vista Product from key have loop, scratch in stuck to update don't start I Update When I turn it on it boots up fine then goes to a quot Installing Update of quot page from which it eventually restarts the Vista stuck in update loop, I don't have Product key to start from scratch computer only to do it again I ve tried the repair option safe mode etc etc and I ve searched forums all over with no working solution I can format the hard drive if needed but as a laptop it didn t come with a installation disk and the sticker on my laptop has long worn off the Product Key I know that if Vista s running I could retrieve this key and I know how I would format the hard drive if Vista was running but it s not A couple of thoughts questions responses to any of which would be much appreciated Is there a way to boot to the command prompt If so how would I go about recovery Is there a way to retrieve the product key from the command prompt I restored the system last year from a partition on the hard drive--is there a way I could access this from Vista stuck in update loop, I don't have Product key to start from scratch the command prompt Thanks in advance I m stuck without assistance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/417972/vista-stuck-in-update-loop-i-dont-have-product-key-to-start-from-scratch/
Relevancy 66.22%

In our company we have migrated from Toshiba to Lenovo laptops/tablets.  Recently users have been reporting that their T410 laptops are very very slow.  Most of the time they over estimate the slowness time, but this time it's not.  I checked the device and it takes 4-5 minutes from powering on the device to getting the ctrl+alt+del screen.  In that time, there is a few seconds where the screen goes completely black, then comes back. After logging in, it takes another 5-6 minutes to get to the desktop.  I've checked the Hard Drive, memory, spyware, etc. and everything checks out.  The user states that this only started happening a couple of weeks ago.  He's had the device for about a year. Anyone else noticing this type of slowness and what could be causing this issue? Thanks 

A:Lenovo T410 slow to boot up and sluggish once logg...

What happens if you load a program such as HWInfo32 to ensure that the CPU isn't running too slowly? When running HWInfo32, the CPU speed should match or exceed the adverstised speed of the laptop whenever some program is actively using the CPU.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-T410-slow-to-boot-up-and-sluggish-once-logged-in-HELP/td-p/475995
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi there, I have attached the grab all data in the hope someone will be able to advise.

My laptop has been giving BSOD for months now, Iv'e uploaded a multitude of drivers and performed registry cleaning etc

It happens without much warning apart from a very short freeze, I really need to sort it out as I have important university work to complete!

Hope you can help and thank you in advance

Sam

A:Random BSOD Lenovo T410 WER-70590-0.sysdata.xml

Welcome to the Forum.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public:Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public
Daemon Tools/Alchohol is known to cause BSODs:
How to remove sptd.sys from system
Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Usra\Downloads\sam699\SF_22-02-2014\022214-19172-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18247.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0324e000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`034916d0
Debug session time: Sat Feb 22 15:12:52.272 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:26.505
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800032ccc3f}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SYMNETS.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SYMNETS.SYS
Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!WfpExpireEntryLru+17 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Norton is a known cause of BSOD's. Please remove it for testing purpose. Use Microsoft Security Essentials.

Recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability compared to other security software:

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Malwarebytes - Free

Good and Free system security combination.

Scan with Kaspersky TDSSKiller:Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

ESET online scanner: Free Online Virus Scanner | ESET

Reduce items at start-up: Startup Programs - Change

Perform a clean boot: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Run a System file check (SFC): SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Post screenshot(s) of your Hard Drive(s) using Crystal Disk Info Software: CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World

Run a Hard Drive test: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/313457-seatools-dos-windows-how-use.html

Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive(s): Disk Check

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWmonitor

Upload a screen shot: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Keep us posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322896-random-bsod-lenovo-t410-wer-70590-0-sysdata-xml.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Please remove this post I think I mistakenly double posted Sorry for the inconvenience Hi and thank you for reading my post I was advised to create a new thread by InadequateInfirmity with reference to this threadhttp www bleepingcomputer com forums t cannot-run-exe-files-in-windows-vista- -home-edition page- My operating system is Windows Vista Home Edition on a brand new Acer Aspire laptop purch ased in and just opened and used for the first time a few weeks ago We were able to run through many Antivirus procedures but did not find any serious infections Then upon trying to boot windows in safe mode in order to perform windows all repair procedure the laptop became stuck in a start up loop where I get a black screen with a large white arrow before it reboots and repeats I cannot access any safe mode and the only way I can enter windows is from f then selecting last known good configuration which boots into safe mode I cannot reboot constant 64 start in unable to Windows loop, Vista stuck connect with the Internet through safe mode I tried each of the options in f including disable auto restart on system failure but it still continued with the reboot loop We performed a check disk but that didn't determine any problems Windows start up repair also did not find any problems However even after doing system restore with multiple points the start up boot problem still remains My laptop did not come with a system restore back up disc and I Windows Vista 64 stuck in constant reboot loop, unable to start do not know what to do Please advise on what I can Windows Vista 64 stuck in constant reboot loop, unable to start do to correct this issue Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you and best regards

A:Windows Vista 64 stuck in constant reboot loop, unable to start

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616702/windows-vista-64-stuck-in-constant-reboot-loop-unable-to-start/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi and thank you for reading my post I was advised to create in 64 constant reboot Windows start loop, Vista to unable stuck a new thread by InadequateInfirmity with reference to this threadhttp www bleepingcomputer com forums Windows Vista 64 stuck in constant reboot loop, unable to start t cannot-run-exe-files-in-windows-vista- -home-edition page- My operating system is Windows Vista Home Edition Windows Vista 64 stuck in constant reboot loop, unable to start on a brand new Acer Aspire laptop purch ased in and just opened and used for the first time a few weeks ago We were able to run through many Antivirus procedures but did not find any serious infections Then upon trying to boot windows in safe mode in order to perform windows all repair procedure the laptop became stuck in a start up loop where I get a black screen with a large white arrow before it reboots and repeats I cannot access any safe mode and the only way I can enter windows is from f then selecting last known good configuration which boots into safe mode I cannot connect with the Internet through safe mode I tried each of the options in f including disable auto restart on system failure but it still continued with the reboot loop We performed a check disk but that didn't determine any problems Windows start up repair also did not find any problems However even after doing system restore with multiple points the start up boot problem still remains My laptop did not come with a system restore back up disc and I do not know what to do Please advise on what I can do to correct this issue Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you and best regards Hope I posted in the correct thread I am having a bit of difficulty learning how to use my Samsung tab I apologize for the inconvenience

You are posting in the correct thread; please go to the top right hand corner of this page and click on Follow This Topic.  This way you will be notified of new responses to this thread.

You will need access to a working PC and a USB drive (stick type would be fine).
 FIRST >>>>
Download MCShield to your desktop and install it.
It will initially run a scan and show the result as a toaster by the system clock
Then in the control centre select scanner and tick unhide items on flash drives
Plug in the drive and McShield will start a scan
Select logs and then copy/paste it to your next post
Also, copy the MCShield install file to the USB drive to transfer it to the laptop.

SECOND >>>>
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 64bit and save it to your USB drive. 

Remove the drive and plug it into your laptop (once it is booted into Safe Mode). 

Install MCShield.exe on the laptop (this is to protect your systems from USB sourced malware).

Copy the FRST64.exe file to the laptop Desktop from the USB drive and run it .
Right click the FRST file on your desktop and select "Run as Administrator..." (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
If an update is available, the program will inform you and download the update.  Allow it do this please.
Once the tool shows "The tool is ready to use." message, please press the Scan button.
It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
Please copy and paste log back here.
The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
In this case you will have to copy the log files (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) from the laptop onto the USB drive and then transfer them to the working system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616703/windows-vista-64-stuck-in-constant-reboot-loop-unable-to-start/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi and thank you for reading my post I was advised to create a new thread by InadequateInfirmity with reference to this thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t cannot-run-exe-files-in-windows-vista- -home-edition page- My operating system is Windows Vista Home Edition on a brand new Acer Aspire laptop purch ased in and just opened and used for the first time a few weeks ago We were able to stuck Vista constant in Windows unable start to loop, reboot 64 run through many Antivirus procedures but did not find any serious infections Then upon trying to boot windows in safe mode in order to perform windows all repair procedure the laptop became stuck in a start up loop where I get a black screen with a large white arrow before it rebpots and repeats I cannot access any safe mode and the only way Windows Vista 64 stuck in constant reboot loop, unable to start I can enter windows is from f then selecting last known good configuration which boots into safe mode I cannot connect with the Internet through safe mode We performed a check disk but that Windows Vista 64 stuck in constant reboot loop, unable to start didn't determine any problems Windows start up repair also did not find any problems However even after doing system restore with multiple points the start up boot problem still remains My laptop did not come with a system restore back up disc and I do not know what to do Please advise on what I can do to correct this issue Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you and best regards

Tap F8 at boot. Select Disable AutoRestart on System Failure. Does the computer throw a blue screen on reboot?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616507/windows-vista-64-stuck-in-constant-reboot-loop-unable-to-start/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello Everyone Odd thing to after 520 ssd on intel series Lenovo win7proSP1 upgrade T410 BSOD i've experienced yesterday upgraded lenovo t laptop to intel ssd drive GB and decided to instal win pro with integrated sp In BSOD win7proSP1 on Lenovo T410 after upgrade to intel ssd 520 series the post installation stage while setting username and computer name computer crashed with BSOD It happen - times Even booting in the safe mode i experienced times complete freeze where i had to manually power off laptop I continued installing drivers BSOD win7proSP1 on Lenovo T410 after upgrade to intel ssd 520 series on notebook and seams that issue is no longer present I have different problem now windows shuts down unexpectedly without any bsod dumps happen also several times in past h In attach you will see in system logs only single entry as i cleared event logs to find last occurrence easily Note that with Hitachi disk that was in laptop before I never experienced bsod true is that i got laptop with installed win proSP on it with all drivers installed I used lenovo system update tool to get all drivers to the system I am suspecting that new hardware intel ssd series might be cause of this or the drivers either on sata controller or on disk according to ssd toolbox firmware on disk is latest Run Disk Full test with Intel ssd toolbox and finished successfully Also checked with malwarebytesand scanned system no issues found Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Malwarebytes Free Anti-Malware amp Internet Security Software Scan Date Scan Time AM Logfile Administrator No Version Malware Database v Rootkit Database v License Free Malware Protection Disabled Malicious Website Protection Disabled Self-protection Disabled OS Windows Service Pack CPU x File System NTFS User refa Scan Type Threat Scan Result Completed Objects Scanned Time Elapsed min sec Memory Enabled Startup Enabled Filesystem Enabled Archives Enabled Rootkits Disabled Heuristics Enabled PUP Enabled PUM Enabled Processes No malicious items detected Modules No malicious items detected Registry Keys No malicious items detected Registry Values No malicious items detected Registry Data No malicious items detected Folders No malicious items detected Files No malicious items detected Physical Sectors No malicious items detected end P S after first BSOD while creating first user and naming pc i decided to name laptop evil

A:BSOD win7proSP1 on Lenovo T410 after upgrade to intel ssd 520 series

ssd tool full test passed with success

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/339382-bsod-win7prosp1-lenovo-t410-after-upgrade-intel-ssd-520-series.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Good afternoon all,

I have been in the process of making my laptop, a Lenovo Thinkpad T410, a much better device to use. While I've been having HDD issues, my main issue right now is the battery that I had purchased. With the IBM Power Manager software, the battery is listed as a Sanyo 42T4710. It is a 9 cell battery and I will provide any other information you need.

When I had first purchased the device, after charging for awhile the battery icon on the laptop would begin to flash amber. It will not charge to 100%, and usually stops at 96%. With the battery manager, the charge threshold is set to "Always Full Charge (Start when below 96% and end at 100%). I tried to run the battery gauge reset option, however the laptop permanently stayed at 96% and never discharged lower than that.

Are there any recommendations that you can make for what I should do with the battery?

Thanks!

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410: Bought a different battery, issues reporting %

Does it charge to 100 when laptop is shutdown?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/372204-lenovo-thinkpad-t410-bought-different-battery-issues-reporting.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I was trying to go thrue non working drivers and it popped up one bad thing acpi\pnpocof\1 dosent have a driver?? I don't have a clue what this is or I could fix it. Anyone please help win 7 pro 32 bit intel core 5 on a Lenovo thinkpad T-410 -2537

A:Get a error on laptop needs driver for acpi\pnpocof\1 Lenovo t410-2537

I recommend that you post in the Win 7 forum since this is a Vista forum.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/302265-get-error-laptop-needs-driver-acpi-pnpocof-1-lenovo-t410-2537-a.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Picked up a computer from "Windows did successfully" Reboot a - Loop Stuck start not in my parents the other night that has stopped working When it is turned on it goes throught the normal process of recognising the BIOS running some checks on processor memory clock primary master etc but once these checks are done it jumps to the screen that says We apologize for the inconveneince Windows did not start successfully etc and then asks me to select from Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking Safe Mode with command prompt Last known configuration Start Windows normally What ever one of these I pick it goes back in the same loop and I end up back at this screen I ve tried to boot of the XP CD but when it says the CD is starting windows it just hangs I ve scrathced all ove rthe web trying to find an answer for this problem posted somewhere but either I m describing it incorrectly in a search probably or none exist unlikely H E L P Matt NorthAvoca Australia nbsp

A:Stuck in a Reboot Loop - "Windows did not start successfully"

Ok, there may be many causes to this issue, but having testing it on a old computer running Windows XP of mine, i deleted the critical Windows Files, purposely REMOVED all nessacary start up items, and PURPOSELY downloaded a Trojan Horse on to it...

I rebooted it.

1. It hung on reboot
2. It finally rebooted
3. It came up with the same message you got
4. I get the same never ending loop on the experimented computer.

Solution?
This is hard, but usually if the Windows Files are corrupt or missing there are 3 solutions, providing you can even get ThAt far!

Solution 1: Boot to a command prompt and run a sfc /scannow. Insert the OS Install Disc when asked to do so and voila, Windows Files have been repaired/replaced. (You may not be able to do this, as i said, 'If you can get that far')

Solution 2: Boot to a command prompt with a bootable CD ROM and run chkdsk /f.

Solution 3. Reformat..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-a-reboot-loop-windows-did-not-start-successfully.474139/
Relevancy 60.2%

My windows 7 Asus Eee Pc 1005HA netbuk was stuck on windows startup repair, after the repair when i click Finish it shut down automatically.

A:Windows 7 stuck on Windows start up repair Loop then shut down

See if these steps will help you Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376257-windows-7-stuck-windows-start-up-repair-loop-then-shut-down.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My g580 ran out of battery while using it, and now it gets stuck on the lenovo logo. I tried a different hard drive which changed nothing, I've tested both hard drives on a different computer and they both work. However when I boot the laptop with no harddrive it will get past the logo go to a screen saying something about an unplugged cable then reset and get stuck on a blank screen.   If I plug in my windows recovery usb drive( and no harddrive) the the machine will boot normally and go to the windows installation screen. So any ideas on why a working harddrive would stop the system from booting? Also I've tried the whole taking out the battery unplugging it holding down the power key and then plugging it back in thing, did nothing. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-g580-stuck-on-lenovo-screen-after-running-out-of-battery/td-p/3392609
Relevancy 57.62%

Okay, so my Lenovo N580 IdeaPad with i3 processor is stuck at the splash screen, aka the black screen with Lenovo written on it in bold white letters. I tried removing the battery, then putting it back on, then pressing power button for 45 secs. I also tried pressing the the Novo button (the small round and black button besides the power button) but the screen shows no change and does not go to bios/reset menu on pressing f9/f12 too. What else can I do to get my laptop back on? Please help, all my project work is on my laptop

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo N580 stuck at "Lenovo splash screen"

Dear CPVirani, Welcome in lenovo community, Please try to : 1- Remove the battery and the charger >> Hold on the power button for 20 seconds.2-Connect the charger only >> Hold on the power button for 10 seconds.3-Try to turn on the laptop. Regards,Joseph

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/Lenovo-N580-stuck-at-quot-Lenovo-splash-screen-quot/td-p/3294811
Relevancy 57.62%

after blue screen of death, my lenovo is not booting, its stuck on the brand name logo and there is nothing i can do i tried remove the battery, and power up with jus cord and opposite, tried to push one key recovery but that dosent work neither any ideas?OS. win10 x64pentium 2.4ghz6gb ram1tb hddintel 5500 graphics

A:Lenovo G500 stuck at "lenovo splash screen"

The first thing I look at if a machine hangs at startup is the USB ports.  Physical damage can create shorts which cause these symptoms.  Check for bent pins or a tongue broken off.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G500-stuck-at-quot-lenovo-splash-screen-quot/td-p/3280136
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello everyone nbsp Since about five days ago everytime I turn on my laptop it starts normally It goes into the black-background lenovo startup with a white loading symbol Then after maybe rotations of the dots in the loading symbol it freezes It does not startup 10 Windows lenovo stuck G505 scr... on Lenovo progress into starting up At this point I usually turn off my laptop by holding the power button If I don't turn it off myself it turns off automatically a few minutes later nbsp nbsp Every or times I turn on my computer Lenovo G505 Windows 10 stuck on lenovo startup scr... instead of the loading symbol it turns into a Preparing Automatic Repair mode I have seen the loading symbol for this mode but then it disappears and nothing happens and it turns off automatically after ten minutes or so Lenovo G505 Windows 10 stuck on lenovo startup scr... nbsp I've seen the same solution nbsp Lenovo G505 Windows 10 stuck on lenovo startup scr... that help others with the same problem which is to take out the DVD from the laptop I did this and my problem has not changed nbsp nbsp edit g to g

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G500-Windows-10-stuck-on-lenovo-startup-screen/td-p/3361543
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello everyone nbsp Since about five days ago everytime I on Windows stuck Lenovo G505 scr... startup 10 lenovo turn on my laptop it starts normally It goes into the black-background lenovo startup with Lenovo G505 Windows 10 stuck on lenovo startup scr... a white loading symbol Then after maybe rotations of the dots in the loading symbol it freezes It does not progress into starting up At this point I usually turn off my laptop by holding the power button If I don't turn it off myself it turns off automatically a few minutes later nbsp nbsp Every or times I turn on my computer instead of the loading symbol it turns into a Preparing Automatic Repair mode I have seen the loading symbol for this mode but then it disappears and nothing happens and it turns off automatically after ten minutes or so nbsp I've seen the same solution nbsp that help others with the same problem which is to take out the DVD from the laptop I did this and my problem has not changed nbsp nbsp edit g to g

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G505-Windows-10-stuck-on-lenovo-startup-screen/td-p/3361543
Relevancy 57.62%

HiI have Lenovo g500 core i7 ram6 ati radeon 8750 1tb hdd. It's been like a month that laptop freezes at the splash screen. I live in Iran and the laptop is made in China.I've searched the forums and found the "battery removing, 15sec button-holding and AC Adopter pluging" solution and it worked ...but today it's not working anymore ... I'm stuck at the splash screen for 4 hours and this is our desktop pc I'm using to post this message.I really need my laptop! It's my life!Please help ...

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo G500 stuck at "lenovo splash screen"

Hi Azadkv,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

I?m sorry to hear that your G500 Laptop is not booting to Windows and hanging at Lenovo Logo and the issue persists even after performing Flee-Power step. Hence, I suggest to perform BIOS reset and check if the issue persists. Below are the steps to perform BIOS reset:

To access BIOS menu turn OFF the Laptop and press the NOVO button located beside power button.
Then to reset the BIOS to its defaults click on ?F9? Key and select YES.
Now click on ?F10? Key to save the changes that are done in BIOS, the computer will automatically restart.

Do post us back if the issue persists.

Best Regards

Shiva Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G500-stuck-at-quot-lenovo-splash-screen-quot/td-p/1611422
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey guys, first time here and I just want to inform you that I'm not a genius so please talk like you're talking to a 9years old kid..

So my problem is as the title says.. Well it started when I opened my laptop from sleep mode then it was hanging up and then it suddenly turned blue with sad face.. I didn't read the problem clearly but i remember it saying a problem about "kernel_????_????"..

I tried to hard reset my laptop cause it was taking so much time then it ended up stuck on the logo... Now I'm the one with the blue sad face...

Hope you guys can help me as soon as possible., thanks in advance..

A:lenovo flex 15 is stuck on lenovo logo

Right, you mentioned it turned blue with a sad face, that is a Blue Screen of Death (or proper term is Kernel bugcheck) which indicates something has gone wrong.
In order to help we'll need the .dmp files.
Follow these instructions:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Post back the correct files in your next reply, do note that it would be helpful if you uploaded them in another reply and not edit your first post as I won't get a notification via email you've edited the post.
It just helps me get back to you easier.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/lenovo-flex-15-is-stuck-on-lenovo-logo-869802.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi to all, i have a lenovo s20-30 here with the problem on boot up process.. when i turn power on it just hang on lenovo and a circle loading in a very slow process..I tried :1. Removing HDD and put it back on.2. Unpluging cmos battery,3.reformating4. updating drivers5. check bios, reset to default settings... still not fixing the problem.. it takes an hour before booting into system...one more thing is, when i press power button the monitor just stay black no display at all.. i need to unplug battery and put it back on then power it on,, it will take 5 times before the screen displays..

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-S20-30-1-hr-stuck-on-lenovo-splash-screen-before-loading/td-p/3395543
Relevancy 54.18%

I got stuck in the Windows update loop and had to restore on screen B50-30 Lenovo Lenovo stuck my computer to factory settings When this happened to me a year ago I just updated to windows and had no problems So I got out of the windows update loop by restoring to factory settings then downloading windows Windows installed then restarted my computer Now my computer is stuck on the Lenovo screen with no Lenovo B50-30 stuck on Lenovo screen loading circle or cursor and I cannot access BIOS Here's a list of the things I tried Ctrl Alt DelF F F - Repeatedly tapping and HoldingRemoving and replacing batteryTurning on with only AC cable and no batteryRemoving DVD driveTurning it on upside downRemoving Lenovo B50-30 stuck on Lenovo screen AC cord and battery holding power button for seconds- seconds - seconds and replacing power and turning onRemoving and replacing RAM nbsp And right now I unplugged it from AC power and I'm trying to drain the battery If anybody has any suggestions please let me know I'm a college student my life basically depends on my laptop This did not happen when I upgraded to windows last year and i still have the same computer

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-B50-30-stuck-on-Lenovo-screen/td-p/3458709
Relevancy 52.46%

When I try to start my computer it cycles from a black screen to the Lenovo symbol. It will allow me to hit F2 or F12 but that is it. I am a novice and getting super frustrated. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
F2= Setup
F12= Multiboot Menu

Thanks Everyone
Justin

A:Lenovo Boot Loop Help!!!

Do you have the installation disk? Try to boot from that and run the startup repair utility

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572465/lenovo-boot-loop-help/
Relevancy 52.46%

I think it's a common problem, but i couldn't find any solution around the internet. I left my laptop for about an hour, and when i came back it showed a blue screen with some error. I was trying to fix it, but i just made it worse, now it's just showing the Lenovo logo over and over. I have tried many things, but nothing worked. My operating system is Windows 10.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-B50-80-Boot-Loop/td-p/3341446
Relevancy 52.46%

hello.
my lenovo laptop wont start after i turned it off.
yesterday evening i let it on to do the update and when a wake up 8 hours later it whas still in the same process.
i whatched it and when its finished it starts up again and says the same en starts deleting the last update.
every time it finishes the update it starts up again.

i readed on this site that removing the batt. for 24 hour may be helpful.
how can i bypass the update so i can use it again?

exuse me for my bad english

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607164/lenovo-in-a-loop-after-update/
Relevancy 52.46%

This is what happens every time I try to turn my computer on:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4noqcgeePDwI have tried a battery drain, a system restore, removing every program not pre-downloaded off and booting in legacy mode. Some of these have worked temporarily and allowed me to get into the computer, but then the same thing happens again as soon as try to turn it one again.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Boot-Loop-Lenovo-Y50-70/td-p/3320696
Relevancy 52.46%

HIthe laptop keeps restarting it shows the lenovo logo and restart it only happns with an ssd drive... with a regiler hd it boots to the windowsif i shutdown windows with the ssd it boots up regileri have tried diffrent bios settings and no go... does the ssd simply to fast for the system help please

A:LENOVO G40-70 RESTART LOOP

Hi Topsi,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with system restarting.

Try to reset the BIOS to default and check for the issue.

Now access the BIOS menu press F2 when the Lenovo logo appears on the screen while the computer is starting up.
Then to reset the BIOS to its defaults click on ?F9? Key and select YES.
Now Click on ?F10? Key to safe the changes that are done in BIOS, restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/LENOVO-G40-70-RESTART-LOOP/td-p/2019115
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I m trying to help out a friend They have Windows XP Home but before it boots to the start up screen it freezes and crashes everytime I went through many troubleshooting steps and am stuck in a rut here s what I ve done Tried booting in safe mode that failed as well Seems like the OS is really messed up Tried using a restore cd that includes Windows XP Home But the boot order for the cd rom is last and so it keeps trying to boot windows first instead of starting up the restore disc To fix that I went to the Bios Tried changing the boot order but that was not available to me because they weren t an administrator This is where in loop a stuck it got really complicated There was an adminstrator password set protecting the boot order but they don t know what the password is because they bought it from ebay a long time ago and lost that person s contact information So there is stuck in a loop no way of finding out the admin password from the previous owner So now we re in a jam can t get to Dos can t get to windows can t boot from the cd rom to do anything Any suggestions Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I searched around but couldn't see any posts about this...

Basically, after I install windows updates and now after I tried to install SP1 RC1, I get stuck in a "Configuring updates" loop.

I think SP1 contains all previous updates, so I don't care about the seperate windows updates right now. When I installed SP1 everything went fine, then the computer rebooted and arrived at the logon page with a "Configuring updates" message. There it was stuck until it rebooted itself and started again.

I stuck the disk in and repair didn't work so I had to do a system restore which did fix the problem, any ideas whats causing this?
Many Thanks,

A:Stuck in a loop!

You may want to ask or research your question here
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=1992&SiteID=17

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-a-loop.662345/
Relevancy 52.03%

I recently upgraded my gateway NE56R41u from the upgraded 8.1 to the new windows 10, and it had some issues, windows store would not open, it was slow, and I did not want to go back, going back is never good, lol, so, I was trying to reset it, and found myself in a loop, saying it ran into some trouble, needed to be restarted and that "they" would restart for me, and that is all it will do over and over again, I am able to hit f2 and it takes me to the set up utility, and I do not know what to do from here, halp!!!!

A:i am stuck in a loop!

I have the same problem. It says my computer has a problem and needs to restart. And it does. Then it says the same thing when it restarts and goes on and on and on. Help. I can't use the computer and have done everything I can think of with no results. HELP!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586353/i-am-stuck-in-a-loop/
Relevancy 52.03%

I hope I'm posting this in the right place but anyway I have a HP Pavillion a n Media Center PC It will run fine for a while and then after every - weeks start going into an infinite loop It will go to the Windows loading screen then go to Start computer normally safe mode safe mode with networking If I do safe mode it dumps a bunch of numbers and restarts again Normal mode will loop? PC stuck in gets run chkdsk get to file or some crap and then shut down restart Wash rinse repeat I do not know what is causing this I'm wondering PC gets stuck in loop? if World of Warcraft could be doing it Maybe a graphics card issue I have Nvidia GeForce When I'm playing the game sometimes the entire PC freezes other times I can move the mouse arrow but nothing else But in the end it always results in this infinite loop crap Can someone PC gets stuck in loop? shed some light on this I'm sick of having to do a system restore every - weeks This has been going on for almost a year now and started when I installed the BC WoW expansion coincidental or not I don't know Help I am willing to take whatever steps I can to get to the bottom of this

A:PC gets stuck in loop?

Weird that it happens every three or four weeks. If you haven't tried a fresh install yet of the operating system, then I recommend doing that. Backup all of your files, re-install windows fresh with a full format of the hard-drive, and then see if the problem still persist.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-gets-stuck-in-loop-271111.html
Relevancy 52.03%

OK, I was having a few software issues. IE wasn't responding, etc... Reloaded IE6. Nothing changed. Reinstalled xp pro over old version. Now when PC starts up, it goes into black screen with options fro safemode, normal mode or last good configuration. No matter which on I select, it reboots and goes back to the black safe mode screen. I tried to boot from floppy or CD, but it doesnt respond and goes to black screen. I cant reformat or anything. Any ideas.
BTW this is my older system. 700mhz AMD 384 ram

Relevancy 52.03%

I moved my hard drive from 1 comp to another. After doing that windows wouldnt boot it kept crashing, but it would boot in safe mode fine. I went to msconfig and went to boot.ini then did /safeboot and then i found out that i needed to activate windows because i moved the harddrive. So i was stuck in a loop to where i couldnt get to the desktop any more. So i did the XP home repair install from entering the CD. Now when it finished it wanted to boot windows to finish the repair it is still in safe mode so it wont allow the repair to work unless safe mode is off. Safe mode was turned on from msconfig /safemode so with normal boot safemode is still on. Any idea on what I can do???

A:HD Stuck in Loop Please Help

IF a major component of your old comp is dead, then call MS$ and explain and use your install disk to re-install XP again.

If you don't have a disk, then buy one.

Somewhere here I am missing WHY you moved the drive.

Ya know?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-stuck-in-loop-please-help.104859/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi. I'm trying to fix my friends computer. It is a Compaq Presario 6350us. It is running Windows XP. I'm not sure of other specs because I can't get it to boot up. When I start it up the screen flickers a couple times and then goes to a black screen that gives start up options ie safe mode, safe mode with networking etc. No matter which option I choose, it does the same flickering and then back to that screen. It's like its stuck on a continuous loop. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks- Tom

A:Stuck in a loop.

Boot off of the Windows Disc Or download the Recovery Console ISO. Burn it to CD with IMGBurn Boot off of the CD and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.
You can also download the ISO image for Seatools, or WD DataLifeGuardin my signature and burn the image to a CD using IMGBurn also in my signature and boot off of the newly created CD and run the Quick and Advanced tests on the HDD to test the integrity of the drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-in-a-loop-680566.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, I have an 2012 acer computer that runs on Windows 7. It has crashed an I believe there is a bug in it. It restarts, then it says windows error recovery and shows launch startup repair or start windows normally. I choose start windows normally, it restarts and goes back to the two options screen. When I choose the startup repair, it checks the system for problems and then has a loading bar and says repairing disk errors and says "to restart immediately click finish" if the repairs were successful windows would restart normally and if not, than it would do it again and it continuously does the repair thing again. Is this a bug, or hardware issue and what can I do to fix this problem.

Fast responses would be great!

A:Stuck in a log in loop

Welcome.

Lets run CHKDSK in the Recovery Environment.

Enter the System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:

Restart the computer.
As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account an click Next.
Note: In case you can not enter System Recovery Options by using F8 method, you can use Windows installation disc, or make a repair disc. Any Windows installation disc or a repair disc made on another computer can be used.
To make a repair disk on Windows 7 consult: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2083-system-repair-disc-create.html
To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
Insert the installation disc.
Restart your computer.
If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
Click Repair your computer.
Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account and click Next.
On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:
Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt
Select Command Prompt

Once in the Command Prompt:
Type in the following and press Enter.
bcdedit | find "osdevice"​

Note the osdevice partition letter, then type.

CHKDSK X: /R​

Where X is the osdevice letter, and press Enter
The tool will start to run.

Upon finished, type exit and press Enter. Restart the computer

Let us know if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-a-log-in-loop.1145862/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a gate way dxy4320 desktop pc, i did a system recovery with the discs i made when i bought it, and now its stuck in a reboot loop.. i get error message (Windows cannot complete installation please put windows setup disk in drive and restart your computer) please help..

Relevancy 52.03%

My computer is stuck in a loop. My computer starts and the welcome screen comes up and my desktop shows, for about 10-20 seconds it brings up the background but no icons. It then automatically logs off and it goes back to the account selection screen where you choose which account you want to go on (ex: Administrator, etc). I have started it in Safe Mode, but it still just does the on/off loop.

I'm on a HP Pavilion Windows XP.

A:Stuck in a loop

May be useful, Logon, Logoff Loop - http://thinkinginpixels.com/quick-fixes/fi...onlog-off-loop/.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/294808/stuck-in-a-loop/
Relevancy 52.03%

Tonight I pulled my video card and reseated it. Now when I boot up I get the
screen with "safe mode, command prompt, your most recent settings that
worked, etc". It does not matter which option I choose, the computer will
just restart and take me back to the exact same menu of options. I have tried
all the options and I keep coming back to the same place - I am stuck in a
loop. Can anyone tell me how to get past this loop and to my desktop? All
help appreciated.

A:Stuck in a loop

Something might have been knocked loose or is running unstable for whatever reason.

Also whenever there is corruption of windows files (especially in 98) windows tends to crash and reboot.

Did you reseat the card properly? Why did you reseat the card? Did you check all your cables afterword?

Anyway if you can boot in safe mode try doing a selective step by step boot where you choose Y or N to every windows component. Repeatedly hit F8 when you turn on the machine and its about ready to start loading windows. A list will come up do the selective startup so you can choose each component step by step.
hit Y slowly until the unit crashes and pay attention to WHAT you hit Y to just before the crash. On the next reboot repeat what you did EXCEPT on the component that caused the crash hit NO. And you might get into normal windows, my guess is you might have to delete and reinstall you video drivers and possibly other things.

If all else fails you might have to reinstall windows.

Good Luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-a-loop.318940/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, ive had a couple of problems trying to fix a laptop (advent q200).

I replaced the hard drive (Toshiba mk2555gsx, bought a second hand one from ebay) reformatted, reinstalled windows 7, reactivated windows and installed all programs. It started up fine for a couple of weeks then did not recognise the hard drive and couldn't boot.

So I put the original drive back in and repeated the above, formatting and reinstalling everything. All is fine until the next morning when it often wont start without using the windows repair loop. This is the reason I got the other hard drive in the first place.

Sorry its a bit vague but do I have two faulty hard drives or am I doing something wrong whilst installing windows 7 or could it be something else?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/390286-stuck-loop.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I configured this Windows XP system to log the user on automatically and everything went fine for several days. For some unknown reason, it now comes to the screen where is says logging in and then immediately to logging off without displaying even so much as the desktop background. Then it just loops like that continuously.

Of note is that task scheduler is running and performing its tasks.

Is there a virus or malware going around that might be causing this?

Relevancy 52.03%

My computer will not even go into safe mode. I can get there but everything I do goes to the same screen which states; Launch Repair or Open Windows normally and not matter which I click it takes me right back to the same screen!!!!! Tried F8 and the supposed Control F11 to no avail. Cant get it to do a factory restore anywhere. Can go and run diagnosics on F12 for the Partition. I was given a Dell XPS Desktop One or One something and no disk. Ugh. This thing doesnt even have a tower. It is all built into the screen. I have Vista if that is any help!! UGH!!

A:Stuck in a Loop!!!

Hi -

What happens when you boot with your Vista DVD?

I think the problem may be hard drive related.

Run HDD diagnostics --> http://www.techsupportforum.com/2828431-post7.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-in-a-loop-518452.html
Relevancy 51.6%

So Friday I tried to boot my computer and ended up with an automatic repair loop The screen reads automatic repair then goes to diagnosis and gets stuck here for hours on end I have a Lenovo G - and Windows After trying to do a hard reset unplugging the AC and pressing the power button and it not working I used the novo button on the side of the computer I tried to reset BIOS settings to defaults but it did not work I then created a recovery drive with a USB key using my brother's computer Again I used the novo button and managed to boot from the recovery drive from there I tried system restore but it gets stuck on system restore initializing for more than thirty minutes I tried bcdedit and it did not work I have tried bootrec up until rebuildbcd and when I come to rebuildbcd it keeps processing for more than twenty minutes without results I have tried chkdsk but it tells me that Windows is locked I refuse to do One Key Recovery because it will bring me back to factory settings yes I know I did not think of Automatic Lenovo 50-45: Repair Loop doing a backup I was told that System Lenovo 50-45: Automatic Repair Loop Refresh is not a great idea I am trying to find a way to Lenovo 50-45: Automatic Repair Loop repair this problem I have work to do on this computer and I would like it to be resolved

A:Lenovo 50-45: Automatic Repair Loop

i have the same issue!! have you gotten som hjelp from the lenovo guys? i have also not backed up my computer. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-50-45-Automatic-Repair-Loop/td-p/2269579
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello everyone nbsp nbsp I bought a y p about two years ago and for the first Boot Y510P Lenovo Loop year it worked flawlessly then one day it wouldnt start up What would happen is it would try and boot up and show the Lenovo message then go into the novo boot menu and after - in that menu it would crash no matter what option was chosen and would keep doing it over and over It also would only do it if the A C cord was NOT plugged in If A C power was plugged in it wouldnt start at all I gave up on it for about month and it sat in my closet About days ago i tried it again and it booted up fine no problem did windows updates restarted multiple times and no problems until today where it shut down and reverted back to what it did before Any ideas I am stumped and believe there might still be life in it nbsp nbsp Thanks nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y510P-Boot-Loop/td-p/3388824
Relevancy 51.6%

Last night my computer had a message appear about an auto update and I postponed the update one hour Before the one hour was up I put my computer to sleep This morning Stuck in loop updating the computer was on but the monitor was in Stuck in updating loop standby I moved the mouse and the light on the monitor went from orange to blue however the screen stayed black The screen was on and working Stuck in updating loop but the computer screen was just all black and not responding to anything so I restarted it When it started up before it got to the login screen a message appeared Stuck in updating loop saying quot Installing updates don't restart quot I left it and came back an hour later and the screen still said quot Installing updates quot In another half hour I saw that it hadn't changed on the percentage so I restarted it again When It got past the windows logo the same message quot Installing updates don't restart quot was still there and stayed for half an hour when I restarted it again This time it said quot Updates failed removing updates quot so I left the computer About mins later it changed to quot Windows is restarting quot when I went out for hours When I came back the screen still said quot Windows is restarting quot so I turned it off and started Windows in safe more I logged in and preformed a system restore Windows began to shut down and said quot System restore in progress quot Another hour later I returned and Windows displayed the same message nothing had happened What do I do to fix this stupid error

A:Stuck in updating loop

You could try a system file check in case any system files were/are damaged. Heres a link to a tutorial on how to do that if you haven't before : SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Or you could try a repair install : Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/391305-stuck-updating-loop.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My pc Cyberpower i Andromeda Infinity Vista seems At Boot Loop Stuck In Up to be stuck in some sort of loop at start up Since rebooting my pc this afternoon the following happens Starts with the normal small message NVIDIA Geforce etc Can never catch what it says Its too quick and is partially obscured by a monitor pop up Which is normal Also mentions VGA bios Then a new black screen with Award Bootblock V Copyright c Award Software inc Scanning Bios image in hard drive Whilst also attempting to access the DVD drive green light is on Then it restarts Stuck In Loop At Boot Up and goes through the process again This goes on until i hold down the power button and turn it off which makes me cringe Checked inside the casing and everything s Stuck In Loop At Boot Up still connected as far as i can tell Been searching around and apparently this seems to be something to do with the BIOS and is a common problem with GIGABYTE motherboards which i have Sorry if the info I m giving is a bit vague but this is totally new to me Posted on the Cyberpower forums but so far no replies Any ideas nbsp

A:Stuck In Loop At Boot Up

Turn off automatically reboot on error in Control Panel, System, Advanced Options. You probably have a hardware driver gone wrong

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-in-loop-at-boot-up.138101/
Relevancy 51.6%

I had problems with AOL shutting down my computer when it was searching for a way to connect. We have AOL 9.1 for broadband, with an internet connection via a router. To try and solve the problem, I uninstalled and reinstalled AOL. Now when I start AOL, it gives me the message "AOL will now install the files required to connect to the service. Click yes to install these files. You may be asked to restart your computer; otherwise, you will not be able to connect." After the computer reboots, I keep getting the same message when trying to restart AOL. Any ideas?

A:AOL install stuck in a loop

Hello tomswmr and welcome to TSF

Quick question, Upon reboot is the disk still in the machine?
Sometimes when the disk is left in then it will try and update or reinstall the product,

Usually the reboot is to confirm and complete the installation meaning the disk may not be needed at that stage,

Try removing the disk just before the reboot or as its booting up

Regards

Craig

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/aol-install-stuck-in-a-loop-377425.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello
Just recently, I bought a new motherboard to replace a defective one
I put everything on, cpu, ram, and videocard
Everything fits in perfect,
It's just when i try to boot up, it gets past the windows logo screen then it throws me back at the start of the startup process
When i tried startup repair
I got an error similar to this

Problem Event Name
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21350101
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 1
Problem Signature 07: BadDriver
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Local ID: 1033

Do i need to repair my Windows installation or is it caused by bad hardware?

A:I am stuck in a Boot loop

Quote: Originally Posted by inforis

Hello
Just recently, I bought a new motherboard to replace a defective one
I put everything on, cpu, ram, and videocard
Everything fits in perfect,
It's just when i try to boot up, it gets past the windows logo screen then it throws me back at the start of the startup process
When i tried startup repair
I got an error similar to this

Problem Event Name
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21350101
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 1
Problem Signature 07: BadDriver
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Local ID: 1033

Do i need to repair my Windows installation or is it caused by bad hardware?

Bad driver. You probably just moved the HD over with an old driver on it that has changed. Is there anything different between this mobo and the old one?

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/116743-i-am-stuck-boot-loop.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hi my cpu cooler fan died and i replaced it and did a factory recovery that said it completed successfully but when i restarted my comp it sets me back at the safe mode page i have triied all boot options and the comp just goes into a restart and in a boot stuck up loop sets me back to the safemode screen or it will just freeze my question is how do i determine if its my hard drive or processor or possibly even motherboard i havent ruled out the cdrom and power supply but i figure if the recovery was sucessfull then mostlikey the cdrom is working correctly ive read a few similar storys about the same things happening to other types of computers but the fixes didnt seem to work on my system cause it wasnt the same kinda comp this comp is a celeron systemax with a g processor i also turned on S M A R T on the bios but doesnt seem to stuck in a boot up loop be helping any i also was able to run a diagnostic test off my recovery cd and recieved error number during the hard drive part of the test does this mean i need a new hard drive im not a computer tech but im verry mechanical id like to fix this issue on my own i just dont wanna buy different parts to do it so before i go buy a new hard drive i would like a second opinion on if its most likely the hard drive or possibly something else

A:stuck in a boot up loop

sorry to double post but i dont see a edit button. i just hooked the hard drive up 2 a diff comp and seemed to work fine now im totally lost on wut 2 look at

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-in-a-boot-up-loop-501432.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I updated my laptop to windows 10, and it repeatedly kept saying "Windows has stopped working", so after the screen was done being grayed out, I tried to restard my laptop. It went to system recovery, and I tried to go back to windows 8.1, and the computer is now stuck in an infinite boot loop. It keeps going to a blue screen that says "Recovery" at the top, telling me to insert a USB bootable device, which I did, and then shuts off. I can't find a solution to this anywhere else, any responses would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/TS-pavillion-stuck-in-loop/td-p/5674996
Relevancy 51.6%

I restarted the computer after a notification popped up on my screen saying that the driver C had a problem and the pc needed to be restarted to fix it. Once I restarted the pc it came up with an error message saying that the problem could not be fixed and gave me the option to restart. Ater restarting it again it went to the error message again.I tried to reset the system (keeping files and only deleting apps that did not come with the system)  but that also lead to another error message saying that there was a problem resetting the pc.I have a few files on my pc that are not backed up which I would hate to lose, so is there a way I could just get to the homescreen for a backup and then address the issue?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Stuck-in-restart-loop/td-p/5740397
Relevancy 51.6%

I restared my computer this morning because it seemed to be running slow.

Now when it tries to restart it is caught in an loop. It starts by bringing up the bios window. It then goes to the Windows XP start window.

The windows XP window stays on for a while with the indicator running for a while then the screen blanks and it all starts over.

Any help will really be appreciated.

Thanks

Relevancy 51.6%

Last night my computer had updating in Stuck loop a message appear about an auto update and I postponed the update one hour Before the Stuck in updating loop one hour was up I put my computer to sleep This morning the computer was on but the monitor was in standby I moved the mouse and the light on the monitor went from orange to blue however the screen stayed black The screen was on and working but the computer screen was just all black and not responding to anything so I restarted it When it started up before it got to the login screen a message appeared saying quot Installing updates don't restart quot I left it and came back an hour later and the screen still said quot Installing updates quot In another half hour I saw that it hadn't changed on the percentage so I restarted it again When It got past the windows logo the same message quot Installing updates don't restart quot was still there and stayed for half an hour when I restarted it again This time it said quot Updates failed removing updates quot so I left the computer About mins later it changed to quot Windows is restarting quot when I went out for hours When I came back the screen still said quot Windows is restarting quot so I turned it off and started Windows in safe more I logged in and preformed a system restore Windows began to shut down and said quot System restore in progress quot Another hour later I returned and Windows displayed the same message nothing had happened What do I do to fix this stupid error

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/391305-stuck-updating-loop.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My XP Pro installation had some problems like certain services such as the installer service failing to start with windows and Stuck in installation loop not being able to run windows upadate Event viewer had a message that the services could not run in safe mode event though I Stuck in installation loop was not in safe mode After ascertaining that the system was virus free and attempting an assortment of fixes I decided to do Stuck in installation loop an upgrade install The installation proceeded until the reboot where no matter what I do I get quot Windows XP setup Cannot run under safe mode Setup will restart now quot I have access to the partition via Bart PE or by placing the drive in another system How can I get out of this loop Stuck in installation loop Why does my installation think it is in safe mode when I am not Is this a registry setting What services need to successfully load for windows to conclude that it is not in safe mode Is there a way to back track nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello the problem is that sometimes the a in Stuck loop!! Audio audio just Audio Stuck in a loop!! gets stuck and i just formatted my computer and the reason i did it was because of the audio problem but it still hasn't done anything to fix it This happens about times in about - hour period more depending on if im listening Audio Stuck in a loop!! to music or something and sometimes if i don't have any Audio Stuck in a loop!! audio on and i try to listen to something its just audio its like its stuck on a loop or being mute and other times like when im playing a game or something it'll keep playing that sound over and over and its SO DAMN ANNOYING I have to keep restarting my computer like once an hour and thats irritating when your doing projects on after effects or doing anything actually My speakers are The quot Logitech LS quot idk what the problem is its been happening for like - weeks i thought it would slove it if i reformatted but nooooooooo Thanks

A:Audio Stuck in a loop!!

Quote:
Yeah, but I meant that it wouldn't have much to do with your speakers specifically, it's an issue with your sound driver. Especially after noticing that you mentioned it's everything that involves sound. So that already eliminates application's themselves. Try reinstalling and make sure that your driver is up to date, since you did just do a format and start from scratch.

I updated the driver ill see how it goes today, and ill get back at you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/171842-audio-stuck-loop.html