Windows Support Forum

GeForce FX go 5600 driver automatic update to wrong driver?

Q: GeForce FX go 5600 driver automatic update to wrong driver?

This old laptop is 5600 wrong automatic driver to driver? FX GeForce update go the perfect extra system to have around Great screen sound and keyboard touchpad layout GeForce FX go 5600 driver automatic update to wrong driver? blah blah but It has a NVidia GeForce FX Go graphics card The history is like this Got the laptop from my mother too heavy for her worked great until the power socket burned out had it repaired the repair guy probably updated my drivers after that the screen started showing blotches of kelly green wherever the screen was black and on white backgrounds there are pink-purple lines areas waves I thought the screen was toasted because of something to do with the power so I attached another monitor - worked fine Definitely thought it was toast but didn t give up I went to the HP support site and used their scanning tool They have two drivers listed for my I downloaded and installed the newer of the two Same problem Then I on a fluke and out of desperation downloaded and installed the older driver Voila Magic It worked Looks gorgeous Now the problem is that once in a while every few days the green and pink areas return I roll back the driver and it s fine again How can I delete the BAD drivers which XP is apparently accessing for automatic updates or something like that How can I quot lock quot the good driver so that I dont have to roll back to it every few days P S In my search for answers about the pink and green I saw MANY posts in different forums with the same problem Usually the answers tell the poster that the display is burned out but now I m not so sure and if it s just a driver issue we need to let them know nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: GeForce FX go 5600 driver automatic update to wrong driver?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: GeForce FX go 5600 driver automatic update to wrong driver?

With an old laptop like that, I'd suggest going to the manufacturers site and download their latest driver for that unit first. It may be dated but that's OK. You'll know that that driver is supposed to work, and you can continue on from there. Uninstall the old drivers from the add remove programs app. Then uninstall the GPU from device manager. Run a program like Guru3D - Driver Sweeper to clean up any orphaned files before installing the new drivers. If there is a better more nVidia specific program for cleaning the drivers hopefully one of the regulars here will post a link to it. That utility works on both nVidia and ATI drivers. If the downloaded drivers work you can let it go or start slowly upgrading to newer drivers till you find one you are happy with. There's not really any way to lock a driver. You might be looking at a dying GPU also so keep that in mind.

One other thing. When you reboot after uninstalling the device and drivers and reboot, keep closing the little "found new hardware" balloons in the lower right corner till you get a message "there was a problem loading drivers for this device". That stops the OS from installing generic drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-fx-go-5600-driver-automatic-update-to-wrong-driver.133714/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello!!

I recently install Win8.1 onto my laptop, and the default driver that comes with this install is a newest version, but it only support OpenGL 1.1. If I install an older version (the latest for my computer from the manufacturer's site), the supported OGL version is 2.1. But after a day, or two, the OS automatically installs the newer, but worse driver. Can I disable it somehow?

A:Automatic driver update

Welcome to Windows EightForums, robeez.

The only thing I can think of is to uncheck "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update" in Windows Update settings. The fall back on this is that you won't receive other updates for other peripherals or devices, so therefore you must update them manually.

Someone may know another way.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/32429-automatic-driver-update.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi I had a known problem affecting the use of Enterprise Wifi networks Long story short the solution is to downgrade drivers to a lower OS level I manually installed Vista drivers for my WiFi problem solved Enter Win x automatic driver updates After reboot or after some time my Vista driver is automagicallly replaced with the default driver for my card Atheros AR and my connection can no longer be authenticated and is dropped I tried disabling automatic driver search through windows update but the newer driver is already bundled on my system Thus the new driver is still installed I can't easily delete the driver as the filenames in c windows system drivers are the same for both versions and they overwrite each other I don't know where the newer automatic driver Preventing update copy is stored as well a copy of it must live in some additional path as well as does some inf file that comes with Win Does anyone know of a way to lock a particular driver version in place I don't mind automatic driver updates in general but I'd like Win not to touch my WiFi drivers at least not Preventing automatic driver update until the root cause in the latest drivers has been fixed Thanks Martijn

A:Preventing automatic driver update

Hello Martijn, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if doing this may help:

Turn off automatic driver updates in "Devices and Printers"Completely uninstall the WiFi drivers in Device Manager (step 9 in OPTION TWO)Reinstall the Vista driver
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/12379-preventing-automatic-driver-update.html
Relevancy 82.13%

does anyone know where I can get one, I tried the nvidia site but
I wasn't able to find one!

thanks for any help in advance!

A:looking for geforce 4000mx driver update

Here it is: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_77.77.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-geforce-4000mx-driver-update.389640/
Relevancy 82.13%

after installing geforce 180.48 i cant get up to the resolution I had before I cant get 1680 something now i can only get 1024 768 i took it to get my computer worked on and now i can only get that resolution
Thanks

A:Geforce 260 driver update problem

Originally Posted by lambofgod1234

after installing geforce 180.48 i cant get up to the resolution I had before I cant get 1680 something now i can only get 1024 768 i took it to get my computer worked on and now i can only get that resolution
Thanks

sounds like you have a bad driver install and you are running off the Vista default. Try uninstalling the Nvidea driver, then reinstalling it by right clicking and selecting Run As Administrator

Norm

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/200630-geforce-260-driver-update-problem.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello, why I can't update my Nvidia GeForce GT630M driver?
I using Window 7 Home Premium Service pack 1, downloaded latest update installer from nvidia official website.

A:I cannot update my Nvidia GeForce GT630M driver

Just personally speaking, I think you will gain more information by providing a little bit more of your own! When you say that "you can't update your Nvidia driver or drivers", what does that mean? At which point in this process do things go south? Are you using a means of manual installation or are you utilizing Nvidia's auto detect feature? Does the update at least start to begin processing the information into your system, then gets hung up some where? Will the file not even begin the installation process at all?

Maybe hunting down a driver from some where else other than the Nvidia web site may work for you! It's rare, but sometimes reported, that people's anti-virus programs can sometimes undermine this process. Next time you try to do this, do so without your virus protector on, temp disable it and try again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-update-my-nvidia-geforce-gt630m-driver.182844/
Relevancy 81.27%

I have an NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCache and want to make sure it has the latest driver. It currently has 6.14.10.7124. It might be just me but I can't work out if that is the latest version (I built the pc about 4 months ago) or if there is another one. Any help would be great.

A:Geforce 6200 turbo driver update

Just got to the nVidia homepage and download the newest Forceware version. I think it's something like 81.98, but just go there and select GeForce 2 or better under the drivers choices and move along until you can download the latest Forceware edition.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-6200-turbo-driver-update.42030/
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm not really sure which one to get..:blush:

At the NVidia site they offer options for 'GeForce and TNT2', or 'GeForce Go 7 Series'.. When i click GeForce and TNT2 and get to the download page, there isnt a compatible card list or anything. I don't want to have problems with my Video Card, so i'm asking where the proper download is for my card. The update came out June 23rd.. And I don't believe i've updated the driver (manually..) since December 05'..

Thanks in advanced,
Jasio-

A:Question About Driver Update @ GeForce 6600 GT - 128 Meg

You use the GeForce and TNT, then select your OS from the drop down list.
The driver package is common to all cards of the GeF and TNT series. You DO NOT want to use the GO series.

Cheers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-driver-update-geforce-6600-gt-128-meg.55425/
Relevancy 81.27%

What do I do and where do I go to update a Nvidia GeForce GTX M560 driver and is it free? I haven't done this before.

A:McLeod GeForce GTX M560 driver update

Get your updated drivers from this link by NVIDIA, and yes, it's free.

NVIDIA DRIVERS 301.42WHQL

Download them, run the setup file and follow the onscreen instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/240421-mcleod-geforce-gtx-m560-driver-update.html
Relevancy 81.27%

My computer BSOD'd this morning Had to roll back GeForce driver.

Anyone having BSOD in the past few days & recently updated GeForce driver may want to know. Many others are experiencing same.

Code:
BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe error

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa8009d12060, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff80000b9a518, Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa800b986250, The blocked IRP
See thread GeForce forum = GeForce 358.50 Driver Update - CRASH Issues - Had to Revert back to previous version, 355.98!

A:Latest GeForce driver update 358.50 causes BSOD

Hi,
I stay with 355.82 it's perfectly good.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383261-latest-geforce-driver-update-358-50-causes-bsod.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have a "GeForce FX 5200 Ultra".
My problem is two fold.....

First: a "blurry" screen at first "cold" boot..... Looks all pixelated, (like blurry), but only at a first boot. If say the comp has been off for several hours or over night..... wait for about 5 min and reboot all is fine, just annoying to reboot is all.

Second: Major issue.... I want to update my drivers, BUT, when I go to newer drivers my graphically intense games seem to "studder" or "skip".

I have driver version 4.3.5.1 the newest I just tried is 6.1.7.7 also tried 5.6.6.4 and 5.3.0.3 <---same results ,fixes the boot thing (see above) but the games suffer.
I gave "Need for Speed Underground" a test and it would "skip/ jump", very quickly, (very annoying)

Relevancy 81.27%

I have been on the WHQL driver for a while without issue Recently I have attempted to update to the installation of and drivers The installation goes without incident update nVidia problem GeForce driver but the next time I start my machine it hangs on the Windows boot logo This occurs when it cycles power to the mouse nVidia GeForce driver update problem and keyboard I see the light on the mouse go out and come back on and I see the keyboard numlock light go out but it doesn't comeback on and the screen is frozen on the boot splash screen After this happens I am able to boot into Safe Mode and from there revert to the previous version of the driver Once I do that I can boot into Windows again I have tried to install the new drivers many times and also with a clean install but I always have the same issue I have also tried returning all settings to stock in BIOS and Afterburner but the result is the same My BIOS Windows installation and all other drivers are fully up to date Because I am apparently in a small minority with this issue I believe that my Windows installation is somehow corrupted In order to test that theory I have run chkdsk and sfc scannow However the results of those tests nVidia GeForce driver update problem always show no errors no integrity violations I went so far as to attempt an in-place upgrade of my Windows installation That fails at the last step where it is transferring programs and settings Each time I have tried my screen suddenly goes black with just a cursor blinking in the upper left hand corner The hard drive light remains on for a while after that but eventually goes out And when I reset the machine after that it boots into a rollback that says my upgrade failed I am trying to avoid doing nVidia GeForce driver update problem a clean install of Windows I have a lot of software installed and configured as I like etc But I'm worried that there is no real alternative at this point I could apparently continue using my machine as-is without the ability to update my nVidia drivers but I don't see that as a good long-term solution either At this point I'd appreciate any thoughts suggestions Thanks My system specs are as follows ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Intel K clocked to GHz Vcore V GB Corsair Dominator Platinum at stock MHz Corsair AX Power Supply Planar PX MW monitor x LSI - i RAID card Creative X-Fi Titanium HD x GTX in SLI x Intel SSDs GB Western Digital Velociraptor LG Blu-ray burner Liteon DVD burner Windows x

A:nVidia GeForce driver update problem

I use the 335.23 on a Asus GTX-77O O/C and it works well.

You have in post #1 stated the 335.23 works well on your system.

Quote:
I have been on the 335.23 WHQL driver for a while without issue.

I'm not understanding why you are try to update the driver when you are having no problems with 335.23.

Just because their are new drivers doesn't mean you need them.
Seems you have already proven that.

You say you don't want to do another install. That's good.
Just use the nVidia driver that has been working 335.23 and leave well enough alone.

If you still have a urge to update the drivers read this tutorial by essenbe.

NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/340005-nvidia-geforce-driver-update-problem.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Whenever I update to the latest Nvidia Driver I'm given the following custom install options:
1) graphics driver
2) 3d vision controller+driver
3) hd audio driver
4) .net framework
5) Nvidia GeForce Experience
6) Physx System Software

1 of course is chosen by default. What about the other options? Can I not choose any of them? Or are any of those essential? Thanks.

A:Nvidia GeForce Driver Update Options?

2. Only needed if you have a 3D monitor connected to your graphics card
3. Only needed if you use audio through your monitor
4. IIRC, needed for the nVidia control panel, but if you already have it installed you can generally leave it unticked.
5. In my opinion, just bloatware. If you're a serious gamer, you won't want to trust nx's chosen settings. More info here.. GeForce Experience Tweaks your Game Settings Automatically | GeForce
6. If you play games, this improves your gaming experience, but not essential. You can find more information here..
https://developer.nvidia.com/physx-games
hth
Tanya

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/310072-nvidia-geforce-driver-update-options.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have an HP Pavillion zd7000 laptop (winXP) that has a Nvidia Geforce Fx Go5700 gpu. I would like to update the drivers for my gpu because Im having troubles with a game Im playing and I suspect that its the driver that needs updating.

Well, I went to nvidia.com and downloaded the drivers but when I start the setup i get the following error:

The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

I thought I might have downloaded the wrong version of the driver, so i went back to the website and tried other drivers from the software download page. I tried:

1. Geforce Go 7800 GTX for winXP
and
2. Geforce and TNT for winXP

I get the same error from both.

How can I update the driver for my video card? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Relevancy 81.27%

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

I must tell everyone that I successfully installed an “optional” Windows Update on 08/14/07 entitled “NVIDIA Driver Update for NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS” and it made quite a difference to my Television viewing through the Windows Media Center. The colors are much more alive and I’m very pleased. I’m sure it improved the overall performance of my graphics, monitor etc.

Anyone using this particular graphics card SHOULD consider this update.

Windows Vista Home Premium
64-bit Operating System
I.E. 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Gateway FX510S
Intel(R) Pentium® D 950 CPU 3.40GHz
800 MHz FSB, 2x2MB cache non-HT EM64T
Intel (Watsonville 2) 975x Motherboard
BIOS WT97510J.15A.2039.2006.0825.0358
600-Watt power supply
4093 MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS Graphics Card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-geforce-7600-gs-driver-update.611740/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi. Since upgrading Geforce driver to v368.39 Windows update is unbelievably slow and I mean hours to download updates. This Geforce driver gave me issues with one of my games too (well documented and fixed by rolling back the driver). Although the game was fixed Windows Update is not. It is still slow and holds up my internet for days while it 'downloads'. Any idea what might have gone wrong and how to fix?

A:Has Geforce driver v368.39 broken Windows Update?

Hi,
Doubt it I was using it for a long time
Just recently I loaded 368.81 instead just because it was around for a month before a new driver was released again
I hate installing new drivers every week and NVidia has been doing that way too often but 368.39 was a pretty good one so I kept it.

If anything make sure you have KB3172605 installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/399876-has-geforce-driver-v368-39-broken-windows-update.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi. Since upgrading Geforce driver to v368.39 Windows update is unbelievably slow and I mean hours to download updates. This Geforce driver gave me issues with one of my games too (well documented and fixed by rolling back the driver). Although the game was fixed Windows Update is not. It is still slow and holds up my internet for days while it 'downloads'. Any idea what might have gone wrong and how to fix?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/399876-has-geforce-driver-v368-39-broken-windows-update.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,
My Vostro 3700 (core i5 processor, so not an outdated laptop) has a NVidia Geforce GT 330M videocard.
This is a hybrid system for which NVidia does not provide updates, the supplier, so DELL, should update the drivers.
For Windows 10 the drivers are outdated and therefor I cannot install Windows 10.
NVidia has released new drivers for this videocard yesterday, but these do not work with the hybrid system as used in my DELL laptop.
When is DELL going to release new drivers for this videocard? Current drivers have been issued in 2011, where NVidia is still issueing new releases.

A:Geforce GT 330M driver update for Vostro 3700

Same problem here. I'm quite angry with this problem. I have a couple of much older computers in my office and they had no problem with the update. Having a different OS in just one computer implies lots of problems and compatibility issues. I've been able to force the instalation of an nvidia driver doing some modifications to the .ini file to add this videocard to the supported ones list, but that stopped working a lot of versions ago. So we are stuck here, with a perfectly good computer that has not been correctly supported by Dell and now is becoming useless.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19644503
Relevancy 80.41%

A couple of days ago I found an update for my GeForce Graphic card from Nvidia GTX was also offered update from M Updates for graphic card as I have always done in the past trying problem Major to update card GeForce driver many times I went to the Nvidia site and downloaded the new driver the method I have used to uninstall and reinstall the new driver is very similar to the tutorial found here on the Windows Seven site things went bad very quickly and I am not sure what happened Major problem trying to update GeForce card driver anyways here is an explanation maybe somebody can shed some light on this before I format and start over System Win Home Premium bit w SP installation less than a year GeForce driver Old - updating to Using quot geek uninstaller quot uninstalled as follows w AV turned off D Vision Controller D vision Driver Phys X Graphic driver reboot when rebooting I was asked to allow a new graphic adapter installation restart now or later this may be where the problem stems from I can't remember which option I took proceeded to the new driver download and tried to install using quot custom quot install picking items to install and during the install received the quot failed driver install quot prompt I then had no graphic driver rebooted and tried over again to no avail used System Restore to roll back it looked like all was well but when I tried again to use the method I described above quot geek uninstaller quot would NOT allow me to uninstall any of the graphic card components in Device Mgr the quot roll back quot option for the graphic card was quot greyed out quot and in the Control Panel -Add amp remove programs I could NOT remove any of the Graphic card components tried again using geek uninstaller's quot forced removal quot option this did seem to work but still received the quot failed driver install quot prompt when trying to install the new driver used System Restore again again all looked well ran my AV program Malware Bytes and SFC - all came up clean I then tried the M Update and same thing - quot failed to install quot so I have been backing up files and folders getting ready to do a format and start over just thought I would throw this info out to you guys and see what other ideas someone might have Sorry the post had to be so long - Thanks for any help Joe

A:Major problem trying to update GeForce card driver

No help ????

I'll just format

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/362790-major-problem-trying-update-geforce-card-driver.html
Relevancy 80.41%

For those of you running Windows 7 either 32-bit or 64-bit on an HP Touchsmart IQ775 with a GeForce Go 7600, please visit tweakforce.com - Downloads for the correct driver update.

I had an issue with an outdated driver. When Windows Update had their most up-to-date drivers installed, it installed an older version instead of the latest one.

This cleared up all of my problems and I'm sure it will help you with yours.

Just as a precaution, I'd check to see if you have this folder before updating though (just incase!)

C:\nVidia Forceware\XTreme-G 175.63 Mobile Vista 32bit
OR (depending on your bit)
C:\nVidia Forceware\XTreme-G 175.63 Mobile Vista 64bit

after installing the update you should then have...
C:\nVidia Forceware\XTreme-G 190.62m Vista Win 7 32bit
OR (depending on your bit)
C:\nVidia Forceware\XTreme-G 190.62m Vista Win 7 64bit

A:HP Touchsmart IQ775 GeForce Go 7600 Driver Update

I am looking for more windows 7 32bit drivers for my IQ775 Touchsmart PC. I need webcam and side controls drivers. Can anyone please help?

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/46396-hp-touchsmart-iq775-geforce-go-7600-driver-update.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I'm using hp pavilion dv6-7012tx with 2gb nvidia geforce gt630m.when i checked for update in nvidia control panel it showed no update available.but it also showed that my driver version is some 2.3.xx & version 3.xx is available for download.what does this means?

A:nvidia geforce gt630m driver update problem

check here for new driver updates:

Download di driver NVIDIA (Nvidia official website)

I founded this for the GT 630m:

NVIDIA DRIVERS 301.42WHQL

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/242030-nvidia-geforce-gt630m-driver-update-problem.html
Relevancy 79.98%

hey guys

Why does windows update want to install, driver update for NVIDIA nForce 590/570/550 Serial ATA Controller, when i have a nforce 680i m/b?
should i ignore it?
Or have i just got my numbers mixed up.

A:win update wants to install wrong driver...or not

I dont let windows update any mobo drivers. If you want to update the mobo drivers go to thier website. (this is only personal preference).

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/135795-win-update-wants-install-wrong-driver-not.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I just bought Automatic Win10 in after Loop Driver update Video Repair nbsp a new Envy m n dx with Windows loaded on it from image for my church Automatic Repair Loop after Video Driver update in Win10 After I entered my information the first thing it did was ask me to install Win which I wanted But it keeps choking on the video drivers and I can't stop MS from updating them and I can't be certain what is happening HP Assistent is giving me one version automatically MS is giving me another version automatically and NVidia Experiance is giving me something else automatically and I am happily trying to force the drivers I got from NVidia that are the most current of all nbsp If I remove the Intel and Nvidia drivers in Device Manager I can get it to boot into Windows but then all the stupid auto vid updaters start cranking and I need to reboot to finish their install -- Automatic Repair comes up and doesn't repair anything The only thing I can do is Safe mode and remove the Intel and Nvidia drivers which starts the cycle over nbsp nbsp I feel I am missing a step here and nbsp neither nbsp HP NVidia Intel nor nbsp Microsoft are telling me that I can't have Windows with these hardware pieces

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Automatic-Repair-Loop-after-Video-Driver-update-in-Win10/td-p/5630070
Relevancy 79.55%

On my XPS 13 9343, if I go to the Dell Support page, there is a detect button which will inventory my driver versions and tell me what needs to be updates. On my 9350, that detect button does not exist. I have to manually look at each driver and hope that I can tell if I need an update. Will this be fixed?

A:Why doesn't the XPS 13 9350 have automatic driver update detection like the 9343?

My XPS 13 (9350) has a tool installed called "Dell Command Update".  When I run it, it spends quite a while "Determining available updates" before reverting to "Warning: This application does not currently support your system model".
Just one of several examples I've seen in the last few days that suggest Dell have started selling this laptop too soon, before they're ready to support it.  (Just try asking Dell Pro Support about Thunderbolt 3 - they've no clue!)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19659797
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi I've been running Windows after upgrading from Vista for a couple of months without any problems The compatibility program keeps giving me the all clear but for the Qs INVIDIA b4 driver? card crashing, 8400M some GS I update GeForce past INVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS card crashing, some Qs b4 I update driver? week my graphics card has been spontaneously crashing when I go to play Minecraft and Bejeweled The first two times it recovered and I couldn't seem to track down an error report to find out why tonight when I opened up Bejeweled I had to manually shut the laptop down as the screen glitched and froze the image started to break up into bars and then locked completely It's now crashed twice in one night on games I seemed to be able to run previously without much issue well minecraft is its own monster but Bejeweled has never done this to me before I've been surfing the forums and it looks like there have been very similar issues with the card and Windows but all the related posts are well over a year old and don't quite seem to match up I'm creating a backup and am prepared to try and update the driver as one old thread suggested but I wanted to get some current feedback first I am running Windows bit home premium on a Dell Inspiron notebook a Core Duo GHz processor GM memory A BIOS INVIDIA GeForce m GS driver version - If anyone has recently had this model of card crash on them did a driver update fix the problem I ask because a similar old thread said the update seemed to make it worse but that user was having some other symptoms my laptop hasn't shown yet - What is the best place way to do a driver update I have the NVIDIA webpage for Verde Driver open still not sure if it's the right one to be going ahead with though http www nvidia com object noteboo ql-driver html - any other suggestions or recommendations Thanks for any feedback you can give me

A:INVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS card crashing, some Qs b4 I update driver?

While a driver update might work, I don't think this is the real cause of the problem...it sounds like a hardware failure to me, most likely due to overheating. Does the card have a fan, if so, can you open up your machine and check that the fan is still running?

Doh, just noticed it's a laptop (mobile chipset). You could use monitoring tools such as SpeedFan or one of my favorite Windows sidebar gadgets called GPU Observer to check the temperature.

Anyway, the driver you're looking at is the correct one and it's not a bad idea to update - just be on the safe side and make a backup or restore point first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/190286-invidia-geforce-8400m-gs-card-crashing-some-qs-b4-i-update-driver.html
Relevancy 79.55%

When will HP put out a update to this Display card so we can upgrade to windows 10. This card is in a lot of HP computers and they cannot upgrade to windows 10. This is the only item that is holding me back from upgrade.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Driver Update for NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 for Windo...

You need to burn a DVD to install windows 10. It will by pass the video card check.https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 32 or 64 bit.Then after win 10 is installed then install either the 32 or 64 bit video driverhttp://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/82758 64 bit dated 2015http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/82701 32 bit dated 2015Good Luck it really really works!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Driver-Update-for-NVIDIA-GeForce-6150SE-nForce-430-for/td-p/5181377
Relevancy 79.12%

Basically I was told to use a driver update utility and it installed the latest drivers and everything. Yes I created a restore point. Now after restarting I cant use the mouse or the keyboard doesnt work. Please help fast. I should have known that microsoft provides driver updates. What can be done?

A:Emergency - Driver Update utility gone wrong

Any drivers you download should be from the manufacturer of the device.  Driver update utilities don't care where the drivers come from and can download drivers which actually will not work with your devices.

Use the System Restore to revert the operating system to the way it was prior to using this utility.

What driver were you trying to download?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610128/emergency-driver-update-utility-gone-wrong/
Relevancy 78.26%

7, 8 and 8.1 x64: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/83819/en-us

Everything else: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Not much to say, but the release notes are here if your that way inclined.

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/350.12/350.12-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/nvidia-geforce-350-12-driver-released-the-gtav-driver.4068551/
Relevancy 78.26%

I am trying to set up a printer port to access a Linksys PSU4 print server. The print server works fine as it is being used from other computers on my home network. I have been trying to set up a spare eee netbook pc with win 7 print server but cannot set up the HP 5600 print server port. Every time I try to add a print server port to the printer it requires a INF file. I cannot find this file on any of the HP 5600 install disks.
Any suggestions on how to add a print server port. I have searched the web and it appears other people are having the same problem but not very helpful suggestions.

Thanks Bob

A:Need INF driver for server port HP 5600 printer Win 7

Hi there ... Read the Link below hope it is of some help ...
win 7 unable to find driver on laptop for HP Deskjet 5600 co... - HP Support Forum - 1783387

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/313480-need-inf-driver-server-port-hp-5600-printer-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Ello,

So I seem to have messed up a wireless network card (Killer Wireless-N 1202) driver install pretty badly. I've tried drivers from Dell and from Killer Networking, however none seem to restore internet connectivity. I had a restore point from a week ago, but trying to restore to it gives me an error along the lines of "Something went wrong restoring the registry".

If you need any more information from me, let me know and I can provide (I'm new here :P)

Thanks in advance!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/68385-killer-wireless-n-1202-driver-update-gone-wrong.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have an HAMR 56K modem installed in my system (LG 6178BL). Every time a hard drive has to be replaced or for whatever other reason I need to reinstall Windows, I have a terrible time installing the modem drivers, even though I have a driver/utility CD that came with the system. One of the following usually happens:
1. The modem isn't found at all
2. It's found but assigned to the wrong COM Port
3. It's installed properly but my ISP software places it on a different port from the one it's installed on.
Should I try to find a new driver for the modem or seriously consider replacing it?

A:HAMR 5600 Voice Modem Driver Troubles

I'd replace it.. It's probably faulty

p.s Holy crap, you posted this a whole year and a half ago!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hamr-5600-voice-modem-driver-troubles.43208/
Relevancy 76.54%

good afternoon, I have a Umax Astra 5600 scanner, and i am using windows 7 OS. my question is, i couldn't found any 5600 driver for windows 7.
which mean 5600 do not have driver which can be used in windows 7?

please help me. thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/umax-astra-5600-driver-for-windows-7-counld-not-be-found-410286.html
Relevancy 75.68%

VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator or it was no longer responding to graphics driver commandsClick to expand This phrase always pop out in my computer whenever I turned on my computer After the phrase poped out the computer will start lagging The lagging I mean is like whenever you use safe mode without graphic card and you try to move some tab around with mouse it will like lagging I don t bother it but recently the problem turns worsen Black screen poped out whenever I turn on then sometime monitor won t show any desktop sometime recover with the phrase above sometime just lagged and VPU recover HD responding to no Radeon has driver 5600 longer reset... graphics auto restart I tried to reformat but it still won t work One day I can t Radeon HD 5600 VPU recover has reset... no longer responding to graphics driver stand it any longer Radeon HD 5600 VPU recover has reset... no longer responding to graphics driver so I search the website for solution one of the solution was quot disable auto recover quot if i remember correctly and I did it It don t work and furthermore when I lagged it auto restart and i can t open my computer anymore I restarted - times and it never work But safe mode network or without network works properly without any black box or whatever thing though it is still lag but it s understandable since safe mode is work without graphic card So what is the main problem is going right here There is no flickering on the Window Startup or anything black thing when I am using safe mode I hope there is a quick and simple solution so I won t go and buy a new graphic card It cost a lot for me Anyway sorry for my bad english english is not my native language Edit I has no problem for a half year before this problem pop out from nowhere I am using ATI Radeon HD gb Ram Athlon ghz nbsp

A:Radeon HD 5600 VPU recover has reset... no longer responding to graphics driver

When in safe mode, Windows is not using the graphics card driver. While it is in safe mode the graphics card is still being used. If it wasn't, you wouldn't get any display at all.

Download the current AMD/ATI graphics driver that is compatible with your operating system. Then uninstall the old graphics driver from Add and Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista and Windows 7). Install the new driver and see if that fixes your problem.

Go here for your driver: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-5600-vpu-recover-has-reset-no-longer-responding-to-graphics-driver.172834/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi all Does setting Windows Updates to quot notify for download and notify for install quot via GP edit also Driver? include automatic automatic Device Updates Win disabling Does disable Device Driver automatic installation Or does disabling automatic device driver installation need to be configured separately If the latter separate setting is Does disabling automatic Win Updates include automatic Device Driver? it advisable to do so despite the ominous warning from M that quot your device may not work as expected quot I followed Brink's characteristically excellent tutorial for GP edit here Windows Update Automatic Updates - Does disabling automatic Win Updates include automatic Device Driver? Enable or Disable in Windows to quot notify for download and notify for install quot Thanks for that So my questions center on whether doing so will also prevent automatic device driver installation or whether I need to and or should configure that setting separately M 's ominous warning seems to be strongly discouraging users from disabling automatic device driver updates and quot realistic icons quot For my OEM XP Vista and systems I have always gotten drivers -- WHEN NEEDED -- from the OEM not via Windows Update as the OEMs historically have done a better job than M in offering the needed drivers for their computers Is that still true under Win Assuming that disabling automatic Windows Updates does NOT also disable automatic device driver updates should I disable automatic device driver installation on this OEM Win box TIA MM

A:Does disabling automatic Win Updates include automatic Device Driver?

Hello MM,

That will stop drivers from automatically being installed in Windows Update, but won't stop drivers from being available in Windows Update.

If you don't want drivers to be available in Windows Update, then you can disable this using the tutorial below. If disabled, you'll have to manually update (download and install) your drivers from the manufacturer.

Driver Updates in Windows Update - Enable or Disable in Windows 10driver-updates-windows-update-enable-disable-windows-10-a.html

The first tutorial below you posted will turn on/off automatic installation of drivers for devices. However, I would recommend to also disable automatic updates in the second tutorial below to be safe.

Device Driver Automatic Installation - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

Windows Update Automatic Updates - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/56958-does-disabling-automatic-win-updates-include-automatic-device-driver.html
Relevancy 73.1%

not sure which section this pertains to specifically but quot drivers quot seems close enough issue i recently upgraded to automatic and/or detection driver automatic Disable hardware install an sli graphics configuration since upgrading my previous method of avoiding the TDR driver crash has stopped working known fix that i can't get to work anymore when running a single gpu i Disable automatic hardware detection and/or automatic driver install could disable and uninstall the nvidia hd audio device then disable and uninstall the hd Disable automatic hardware detection and/or automatic driver install audio controller under system devices problem solved no crashes after adding the second gpu Disable automatic hardware detection and/or automatic driver install there are now two hd audio devices and two hd audio controllers upon disabling or uninstalling either controller the system automatically re-installs the hd audio devices previously uninstalled which in turn causes the hd audio controller to re-enable re-install itself to be clear all hd audio devices and hd audio controllers on my system must be disabled AND uninstalled to prevent TDR or since the upgrade full system freezes or restarts sli double TDR already tried it Drivers - Turn Off Automatic Driver Installation this tutorial does not stop automatic driver installation it just prevents the downloading of drivers from windows update tried it anyway no help How to Stop Windows From Detecting New Hardware eHow disabling automatic hardware detection as described here does not prevent automatic device recognition and driver re-installation safe mode does prevent the drivers from re-installing immediately however it also prevents most software from booting properly after uninstalling hd audio controllers in safe mode and rebooting windows promptly re-installs all uninstalled devices and controllers please help so is there any way to convince windows to stop being so quot helpful quot by re-installing these device drivers at boot or can windows be made to stop looking for uninstalled devices altogether thanks in advance

A:Disable automatic hardware detection and/or automatic driver install

Disable this service:

UPnP Device Host

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/292188-disable-automatic-hardware-detection-automatic-driver-install.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I'm not a gamer, but rather an enthusiastic net surfer and would like my present graphics card to be as fast as easily possible. To do this, it has been suggested that I update my card's driver with downloading/installing Nvidia's latest driver (285.62 WHQL, Win7 64-bit...4G RAM, Firefox 9). Would this be the the right thing to do?

A:Driver update for NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i?

If you are not having problems, I would not go looking for trouble

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/204465-driver-update-nvidia-geforce-7100-nvidia-nforce-630i.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I know this question has probably been answered, but I need to know which card is better and I don't have the time to research it right now, so I leave it up to all of the experts here at TSG.

I already have both cards in my possesion, so I don't need suggestions on getting a Radeon or a FX 5900 or anything like that.

The two cards in question are: MSI Geforce 4Ti 4200 128 MB, and an Apollo Geforce FX 5600 256 MB.

Which card is better for a gaming system?

System specs are:
Athlon 2000
MSI KT3V motherboard
512 MB PC2700 RAM
IBM 80 GB 7200RPM HDD
Win XP Home
52x24x52 CDRW
16x DVD

Relevancy 72.24%

Which card do you think i should buy?!
geforce ti 4200 or geforce fx 5600?!
please reply!!
thnaks!

A:geforce ti 4200 or geforce fx 5600?!

How much do you have to pay for them?

And why not think about getting a Radeon 9600pro?
(Unless you're getting either of the other cards dirt cheap)

The fx 5600 isn't a very good card and it won't be very future-proof...

Do you plan to keep the card for a long time, or upgrade in 6 months (or so)? And do you plan to play a lot of games which will be released during 2004, or mostly older games?

All of this will help determine what cards might be best suited to your needs...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-ti-4200-or-geforce-fx-5600.9516/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi good people So I'm on here like thousands of others wifi 'fixes' Lenovo losing rollbacks, after driver update, Z585 driver with intermittent wifi issues I upgraded from to yesterday and everything works very well except for losing my wifi connection every minutes to an hour My wireless adapter is a Broadcom n the driver I'm using is Broadcom version I've updated the drivers and the same loss of wifi happens I've rolled back Lenovo Z585 losing wifi after driver update, driver rollbacks, 'fixes' the drivers and the same loss of wifi happens I've even tried a driver directly from the lenovo site that is a Cybertan Liteon driver that is the latest version for windows I've also unchecked the box in the power management page Then rebooted I've also used all the commands in the command prompt admin that start with 'netsh' Lenovo Z585 losing wifi after driver update, driver rollbacks, 'fixes' Then Lenovo Z585 losing wifi after driver update, driver rollbacks, 'fixes' rebooted The same thing still happens So I'm up for new suggestions including compatible drivers from different manufacturers I'm really hoping there's a Z user on here that has solved this issue According to the Lenovo web site this particular laptop has the latest drivers on the site and none of them are working so far

A:Lenovo Z585 losing wifi after driver update, driver rollbacks, 'fixes'

First, is your laptop supported for windows 10 on lenovo website.....meaning are there drivers and software packages for it? Have you tried downloading the 8.1 driver for it and then running it in compatibility mode?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/49574-lenovo-z585-losing-wifi-after-driver-update-driver-rollbacks-fixes.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi and thanks in advance Much of this is a repeat to other threads until the graphic driver problem at the end I also have an Ubuntu partition I'd left my mp player plugged in overnight an Asus Xonar DAC in a usb hub when Windows wanted to do an update and conflict over update conflict, graphics player Windows driver driver BSOD 7 mp3 drivers ensued BSOD Windows 7 update mp3 player driver conflict, graphics driver Strange because I've selected for notification before updating Also have not been successful installing any new updates since the end of May Was seemingly a common problem I checked into it too busy lazy to pursue and succeed This part is confusing Woke up to blasting fans and unplugged everything peripheral BSOD Windows 7 update mp3 player driver conflict, graphics driver First tried setting back to restore points prior to that night - twice Could restart in Safe Mode and with networking Then could restart normally - but shutdowns after minutes or so Got crash logs saw driver conflicts not found - saved Came here read threads did restart at Last Known Good Configuration Restart - Nvidia Geforce driver not found Went to Asus site downloaded and installed driver not lastest version but last approved version and not much later than one that was installed It then went into a system cycled start restart etc attempting to find driver fix itself - forced to do shutdown to stop it Restarted this morning in Safe Mode followed your instructions for posting It's been running in safe mode for about minutes now

A:BSOD Windows 7 update mp3 player driver conflict, graphics driver

Hello welcome to SF .

Critical files are missing please run the SFDT again and let it run it's course.
Most dumps are corrupted, but the one that did survive shows
an extremely old graphics driver.

Code:
BugCheck 50, {fffffa9003d08920, 0, fffff88004caec07, 5}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+47cc07 )

Code:
lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`04832000 fffff880`0532ed80 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Thu Jul 02 10:40:25 2009
Driver Reference Table - nvlddmkm.sys
Please update your GPU driver :: Drivers | GeForce ::

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306725-bsod-windows-7-update-mp3-player-driver-conflict-graphics-driver.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I tried to update my older Radeon ATI 5450 GPU via windows update...

I received the message from windows update, and showed it failed update with the 0x800706be

However when I go to device manager and check the details of the installed driver it clearly shows the new updated version? So I wonder which is correct the device manager showing the new version of the driver or windows update?

A:Failed Update 0x800706be driver...but device mgr shows updated driver?

You can identify the problem using Device Manager, which you can access by:
Opening the Control Panel Window
Selecting and double-clicking System
Clicking Device Manager
In Device Manager check if there is an exclamation point, a yellow triangle, or a question mark against your Dell device. If there is, there is a problem with your Dell device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/397644-failed-update-0x800706be-driver-but-device-mgr-shows-updated-driver.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Wish I d come here first After reviewing DirectX log attached Gamehouse support told me to update a driver to fix a problem launching a game the game does not recognize that I have java installed Said the driver was outdated and installing kb888111 update before intel needed driver driver that I should have copy pasted the driver info at the top of the direct X text file Card name Intel reg G GV GL Express Chipset FamilyManufacturer Intel CorporationChip type Intel reg G GV GL Express Chipset ControllerI had the followingHere are my system specs -http support gateway com s PC R GXModels sp shtmlSome other relevant photos - https picasaweb google com CountingCrowes ComputerIssues I went to kb888111 driver needed before installing intel driver update intel and they did indeed list an update kb888111 driver needed before installing intel driver update so I downloaded it the instructions in kb888111 driver needed before installing intel driver update read me file attached said to install kb before installing the new driver I went to Microsoft and the instructions for kb said to first uninstall kb which i didI downloaded the hotfix for kb After reviewing info for kb I was not sure how to install plus I was unsure whether to use xpsp version or xpsp - I have xp sp After more research on the web regarding kb I decided to keep what I had until I felt more certain of the best action to take Therefore I attempted system restore which failed The kb version I uninstalled does not appear in add remove AND on startup the computer detects new hardware PCI bus which it is unable to find a driver for therefore installation is incomplete After reading some posts here about kb I went to Gateway but was unsure which driver to download and install Therefore I downloaded all of them However I do not know which file s to install The list of possible drivers is here - http support gateway com us en product default aspx tab amp modelId What steps should I take now Will I still have to install the intel driver after installing the gateway file I appreciate your help P S Not sure if this matters but I have no sound which is in keeping with other posts I read although I previously thought I was only impacting the graphics accelerator driver and some flash or shockwave do not display but others do

A:kb888111 driver needed before installing intel driver update

What's the complete name of the game and what are the system requirements?
Particularly video requirements.

The onboard video that you have really wont support high end gaming.

Edit:Also please post the model number of your Gateway

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401414/kb888111-driver-needed-before-installing-intel-driver-update/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,
I'm a little confused by one of my update options. I was under the impression that windows 7 was using wddm 1.1, and that the wddm 1.0 drivers have been available for quite some time. I checked and the driver I have is wddm 1.0, released 10/28/2008, version number 8.15.10.1590. So why am I being given the option to update to 'pre-release wddm 1.0'? I tried to get more information to check the version number, but I am just redirected to Winqual Help , which doesn't help me any.

I'd like to test out the wddm 1.1 drivers, and I've read that they're available for 7, but I don't think that these are those drivers, unless there is a typo in the driver title.

A:Pre-Wddm 1.0 Intel driver 945 Express Driver thru Windows update

Quote: Originally Posted by wooh

Hi,
I'm a little confused by one of my update options. I was under the impression that windows 7 was using wddm 1.1, and that the wddm 1.0 drivers have been available for quite some time. I checked and the driver I have is wddm 1.0, released 10/28/2008, version number 8.15.10.1590. So why am I being given the option to update to 'pre-release wddm 1.0'? I tried to get more information to check the version number, but I am just redirected to Winqual Help , which doesn't help me any.

I'd like to test out the wddm 1.1 drivers, and I've read that they're available for 7, but I don't think that these are those drivers, unless there is a typo in the driver title.

yes thats right....

wddm is just a driver model...
its up to the manufacture (here intel) to release wddm 1.1 driver
so until then (most likely they wont) they have to release a wddm 1.1

Windows Display Driver Model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
that should be a good read....

what they mean pre-release means that these drivers are beta drivers (there is a difference between pre-release drivers and pre-release wddm 1.1 drivers)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/2830-pre-wddm-1-0-intel-driver-945-express-driver-thru-windows-update.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I recently set up a new Dell 7710 Precision Workstation (Xeon E3-1535M v5 w/Intel HD Graphics P530; Nvidia Quadro M5000M; Windows 7 Pro). The Dell Precision Optimizer (DPPO) tells me there are no updates at all (no Critical, Recommended, or Optional). However, the Intel Driver Update Utility tells me I have an older chipset (14.6.1.1030) that should be replaced by a newer chipset (10.0.27). I don't know if the DPPO is taking into account particular aspects of this system that make the 14.6.1.1030 the “correct” (even if not the latest) chipset. Perhaps the DPPO should override the Intel utility. Any thoughts?

A:Driver Updates: DPPO vs. Intel Driver Update Utility

I uninstalled a driver on purpose to test the dell optimizer utility and it is telling me no updates available ! I rebooted the laptop. same thing. In device manager the device is showing as other device with a yellow exclamation mark  !!!! How do I trust the optimizer now eh ?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19666479
Relevancy 70.95%

I am receiving random BSODs with the subject line description.  My first stop was to the HP Support site to possibly update any drivers (like bios??).  I found many driver updates available, including 2 for the bios.  I really have no clue as to which driver updates to install, even after reading the details.  I looked for where it says recommended or required or something but didn't see it.  I then installed the HP Support Solutions and did a scan to determine what drivers it thought I needed and it came up with none.  Now I'm real confused.  Does that mean all the driver updates on the HP site are just optional?  Can someone provide a good site link to read about how to determine which drivers are needed?  Thank you for your help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/BSOD-quot-Driver-Power-State-Failure-quot-update-a-driver/td-p/5662395
Relevancy 70.52%

I have an ASUS A7M266 motherboard and recently upgraded my video card to a GeForce FX 5600 256 DDR. The system does 2D video fine but the instant it tries to initiate 3D video it locks up the entire computer and I have to reboot. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and DirectX but nothing has worked. Please help I want to play Star Wars Galaxies. I am attaching DxDiag.txt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/geforce-fx-5600.144216/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi there 5600 Fx GeForce AGP I dont know if anyone else has had similar problems with this new graphics card but ill post the stats for it and my pc along with a note of what I think went wrong First off placing the card into my system and taking out GeForce Fx 5600 AGP the old one was fairly straight forward and easy to do I got rid of the old drivers for my previous graphics card loaded up the new ones correctly and everything seemd to be working fine It even apeard to play my games fairly well which is pretty much what I got if for in the first place Unfortunatly after quite a while playing hrs average the card would start to churn out too much heat and I had to restart my pc as it would crash any game it was in at the time and leave me with a completly black screen I tested this on a variety of games planetside Star Treck Elite Forces and Tribes How do I know it was overheating Simply by checking the ammount of heat coming out of the back of my system as the time went on it just got hotter and hotter I even tried the age old soloution of taking the casing off my pc and using a externaly powerd fan blowing a nice stream of cold air into the pc And im sorry to say it didnt make any difference This card did come with a fan on it but that didnt seem to have any effect Even when it wasnt killing my pc the card seemd to get chopier as I playd some games i e would run slowly or be slow to update what was on screen so it seem to jump from one section to another In terms of frames per second it must be said it was better than my geforce for some games But I just dont think a good fps and my machine dieing every hrs is a good trade off for a geforce that is stable all the time Now ive heard people talk about altering the BIOS settings etc but im afraid ive no idea how that relates to graphics cards In adition to this im now back on my geforce and in comparison the heat coming out of the back of my pc is now an artic gale compared to the new Geforce FX Is this all down to overheating or is there mabe somthing else im missing And how can you tell if your monitor drivers are up to date p s I use ADSL to play my online games and my average ping doesnt often go above - so I know its not lag im getting I also used the most up to date drivers for the card from the Nvidia website Also I tried running my monitor at a variety of Hrz - to see if it made any difference And when trying to use some of the more advanced graphics settings for planetside it well and truely caused the game to slow way down Defenity not somthing you would expect with a nice new graphics card Card spec Mhz Clock Core Clock Mb Memory -bit Memory interface DDR Memory interface -pixels per clock rendering engine Support for DX picel shader Support for DX vertex shader VGA TV-Out DVI connectors Dual Mhz RAMDACs for display resouloutions up to and including x Hz AGP x bit studio precision colour ARchitected for Cg Min requirement for use Intel pentium Mb System RAM w system power supply Motherboard with AGP or slot Mb Available hard disk space CD-ROM Windows xp etc VGA or DVI compatible monitor Bellow are the stats for my PC Operating System ----------------------- Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack build Processor a --------------- megahertz Intel Pentium kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Main Circuit Board b ------------------------- Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software International Inc PG Memory Modules c d ------------------------- Megabytes Installed Memory Slot A has MB Slot A is Empty Slot A has MB Slot A is Empty Slot is Empty Local Drive Volumes ------------------------- c on drive GB GB free Display --------- NVIDIA GeForce Ti Display adapter FUS C Monitor quot vis s n YELM August Any feedback or thoughts on this would be apreciated though im personaly leaning towards the side of insanely overpriced graphics card with a very cheap cooling fan on it nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

i have a acer aspire x3400g. back to factory default settings. all windows updates.

last time i did a restore nvidia told me the current drivers was 15.46whql or something. but now its saying GeForce 8200P / GeForce 8200P-A-AR is the latest motherboard drivers? what is that anyways. i cant get no search on it. somebody help me. i think since i might have the wrong smbus controller for my chipset that my wifi is dropping with my brand new ae2500 adapter from linksys with a 3200 new router also. thanks in advance.

A:GeForce 8200P / GeForce 8200P-A-AR? nvidia auto update is wrong?

nForce is chip-set, GeForce is graphics. I would say that GeForce 8200P / GeForce 8200P-A-AR is refering to your graphics card not your chip-set.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/211841-geforce-8200p-geforce-8200p-ar-nvidia-auto-update-wrong.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi everyone.

I am nii from Ghana.

I am trying to update my graphics to run a 3D program which requires it but i keep getting the error "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer's manufacturer"

The accelerator in use the Mobile Intel (R)4 Series Express Chipset Family
Current version is 7.15.10.1502
The version is the 1508

I downloaded the 32 bit version for windows vista but can't seem to update to the new version.
I keep getting the above mentioned error report.
I tried the update utility online which keeps telling me the same.I hope there;s a way to get around this .

Hope to hear and thanks is advance.

A:Driver update error: driver being installed is not validated

Hi

The error means that you try to install an driver which is not compatible with the graphic card.

What notebook do you have and what graphic chip does this notebook support?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?47488-Driver-update-error-driver-being-installed-is-not-validated
Relevancy 70.09%

Recently I've been using Intel Driver update utility to keep my drivers in check with what's up to date, but for a while now I've noticed I can't get this spicific one.  It's been bugging me for a while and I'd like to get it updated so this notification will go away.  Where might I go about getting said driver?  I've already looked in the drivers area of the XC603G on the main site.  You're my last hope, Fourms.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Graphics-Driver-15-33-43-4425-Intel-Driver-Update-Utility-saying/td-p/447194
Relevancy 69.66%

Ok, after reinstalling my computer, something has gone totally wrong with the graphics card. I first saw it when I installed Need For Speed: Most Wanted. Then, after messing with a lot of graphics settings it has gone away. But I can't do anything with Heroes 5. This happens while using the 2x antialiasing setting. I don't want to use the high antialiasing option (too slow), and I don't want the 'off' setting (eek). Those two work ok. I can't explain the problem, so I just took a shot of it.

Things I've tried:
Uninstalling and then installing the driver again. (Latest Forceware)
Reinstalling the game.

System specs:

Abit IS7-E mobo
Pentium IV 2.4GHz w/HT
Leadtek Winfast A310 TD 256MB graphics card (Nvidia Geforce 5600)
LG Flatronez T910BU CRT monitor

The photo:

A:Problems with Geforce 5600

Bumped... Can anyone help me with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-geforce-5600.52183/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have installed this card in my system and I think that it will suit my needs quite well.

However, I have noticed that the fan on the card does not always spin. It seems to kick on only when the card is being "worked" such as when the screen saver comes on, or a game is started.

This seems like reasonable normal operation for power savings, but I just want to make sure.

Can anyone advise?

PK

A:PNY GeForce 5600 Ultra AGP

FYI: I found out from PNY support and the nvidia forum that this is indeed normal operation for this card.

PK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pny-geforce-5600-ultra-agp.585284/
Relevancy 69.66%

First my specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2.0Ghz
768mb DDRAM
Geforce FX 5600 128 mb(non-ultra)
40 GB seagate HD
Windows XP with SP-1
300W PSU

I bought an Inno3D Geforce FX 5600 128 mb and thought I'm gonna kick some *** with today's soon-to-be-scrapped directX8 games. That's until i inserted my video card into the AGP, installing the latest Forceware 53.0 drivers and played my games. I observed random glitches and image distortion on different areas of the screen, most noticeable on NBA Live 2004 wherein an artifact would appear distorting the crowd animations and such. Please help, i've done everything from reinstalling the drivers to formatting and its same. I'm thinking of replacing my psu, would that fix the glitches? Is it a power problem? How much power does this damn card requires?

A:Problem on Geforce FX 5600

What is the video card specs.?
is it a 2X or 4X?
Some motherboards are not compatiable with 4X which I think that card maybe...
Not really sure about the problem, but maybe check that info. and see if it helps...
Cheers...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-on-geforce-fx-5600.9456/
Relevancy 69.66%

Newly installed video card nVidia GeForce FX 5600 with 256 mb. CPU is a AMD Athlon (tm) XP 1700+, on board ram is 756 MB. Ran 3Dmark and got a score of 368, firefly forest FPS of 1.2, canyon flight FPS of 2.1 firefly forest FPS of 1.2. CPU score of 1321. I have tried drivers including 44.03, 45.23, 53.03,56.72, 66.93 and the lastest driver 77.72. The results are pretty much the same. My normal office programs such as word, excel and power point work fine. I cannot play any games,mostly they start ok, after a while the resolution goes completely. Games such as, Half Life2, doom3, Cammand & conquer Generals, and similar. Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thxs.

A:GeForce FX 5600 failure

what are the specs of your motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-fx-5600-failure.30565/
Relevancy 69.66%

Does anybody use this card?? I was wondering how great they run. I'm going to put it into my system.( AthlonXP 2600, 512mb of pc2700) I was just wondering how great this card is and how well it runs with directx9 games. Any input is great thanks.

A:XFX Geforce fx 5600 xt 128mb

I read a review, dont remember where, that said the XT cards suck.The XT for GeForce doesnt mean high end like the Radeon XT. You're better off with a regular 5600 or 5600 Ultra.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-geforce-fx-5600-xt-128mb.13570/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello everybody, i'm new to this site, i usually don't need computer help, i have my a+, net+, going for my ccna and mcse, but anyways, i'm having a problem with a graphics card, gforce fx 5600, my board has the capability of 4x, and if i have read correctly, i believe that this card has that ability as well, but i'm not getting any boot up screen from the monitor, and its a known good card, any advice?

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi folks,

Do you know if its possible to overclock or to flash the bios from a 5600 FX geforce? I've been looking for some tutorials or something but I haven't found anything.

Could you help me?

Thanks.

A:Overclocking a Geforce 5600 FX

Download Coolbits- http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=815. It will let you change the cards clock speed in the driver control panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-a-geforce-5600-fx.36944/
Relevancy 69.66%

I am having problems with the graphics GeForce 5600 FX Problems on particular GeForce FX 5600 Problems games on my system I am running an AMD Athlon Ghz with Gb DDR PC RAM on a Mhz FSB I have the GeForce FX with Mb of RAM I loaded the most current drivers Verified before posting I have Direct X installed and I am running WinXP with all available updates My games are all updated and patched as necessary The problem is that when I start a game after a few minutes GeForce FX 5600 Problems or after most intro s or Main Menu s when I get control of characters the computer locks up and when I GeForce FX 5600 Problems regain control there will be either black or white dots or rectangular black or white boxes all over the screen and normally around the characters in the game and some objects I have not been able to correct this problem as of yet so if anyone has run in to this already or knows how to fix this I would much appreciate it The games that are causing this to happen are Rise of Nations Unreal II Mech Commander Max Payne and Jedi Outcast I still have a few more games to check but for the most part those are the ones that seem to always get the problem The games that are WORKING CORRECTLY are Command and Conquer Red Alert Star Wars galactic Battlegrounds MechWarrior and Expansion MechWarrior Vengeance and Mercenaries and Aliens Vs Predator Hopefully I have included as much information as possible I called Microsoft to see what the problem was with Rise of Nations but they had me edit a text file and include my card in the document This did not fix the game I thank for all your help and input To better help you understand I included a picture of Unreal II where the graphics messed up so you can get a better understanding Thank you Raven nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

I currently have a 15inch tft monitor but want dual 17inch monitors instead. My problem is that I don't know wither my graphics card (GeForce FX 5600 128mb) will support it. In the advanced section of the properties tab of the display properties I can't see anything specifically referring to a dual monitor display nor in the NVIDIA nView Desktop manager.

Does anyone know if this type of graphic card will support Dual Monitors and if so where do I plug the second monitor into.

Thanks Jammes

Relevancy 68.8%

I have just recently bought a Leadtek GeForce FX 5600 256meg - installed it - fine no probs - put the leadtek drivers on (not sure what detonator version - cant find it anywhere) worked fine - put the latest Det's on (44.03) and BIG performance hit - when checking thought config options i notice only 128megs VRAM is noted - reinstall leadtek drives - bingo 256megs VRAM...odd! can anyone shed any light on this? i really dont want to b stuck with these leadtek drives for eternity.....
thank you for any information you might have.

Steg

A:GeForce FX 5600 256Meg Probs

You'll have to wait for Leadtek to keep up with nVidia. Some cards only work properly with their manufacturer-proprietary drivers, most likely because the manufacturer in question made changes to the core chipset of the GFX card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-fx-5600-256meg-probs.6244/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello I recently installed a Geforce fx mb card on my system at home It is giving me fx Winxp 5600 problems with geforce all sorts of problems Maybe you can help me I am running an AMD XP processor on an Asus NV M motherboard The motherboard has the nforce chip system or whatever and it comes with the integrated gforce mb card which i dont use I have gb pc ddr ram and a gb rpm hard drive Im running winxp home with sp installed and directx a Any other info you need i can supply Ok I had recently used the Geforce ti mb graphics card and it geforce fx 5600 problems with Winxp gave me no problems what-so-ever When i installed the new gforce fx it kept giving me problems with booting up and running some programs When it finally did let me boot i got one of those error report boxes telling me that the system was made unstable by the geforce fx driver and it asked me to send in the error report I tried to send it in and it said error sending in that is probably just the internet connection right I had problems running dmark and dmark to benchmark my new videocard and i also got a very quck bsod flash when i would try to reboot sometimes I have tried switching the drivers using different nvidia detonator drivers and even trying the drivers that came with the card I put the old geforce ti back in because it doesnt give me any problems Could you help me please sir I didnt want to spend bucks on this card for nothing nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

I currently have a 15inch tft monitor but want dual 17inch monitors instead. My problem is that I don't know wither my graphics card (GeForce FX 5600 128mb) will suport it. In the advanced section of the propertys tab of the display propertys I can't see anything spesicicaly refering to a dual monitor display nor in the NVidia nView Desktop manager.

Does anyone know if this type of graphic card will suport Dual Monitors and if so where do I plug the second monitor into.

A:Dual Monitors on a GeForce FX 5600?

Closing thread.

Please do not create duplicate threads.

Continue replies here:
http://forums.techguy.org/t392912.html

Thank You

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitors-on-a-geforce-fx-5600.392911/
Relevancy 68.8%

deres sumthing wrong with mai video card but i dont noe wut. the graphic comes out different color and the pictures for movies and clips come out too bright. i have

AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+
1.99 GHZ, 512 MB of RAM

i use a NVIDIA Geforce FX 5600.

i tried different monitors and 2 video card including 3D prophet 7000 64 MB DDR

and the other ruins the screen more den the Geforce one. i cant play gunbound or maplestory with it. and it lags with the Prophet.

A:cant play games on Geforce FX 5600

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

Sounds like you need the latest drivers
for that card. Go HERE
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-play-games-on-geforce-fx-5600.34094/
Relevancy 68.8%

Whenever i play a game that uses antialiasing (ie, Rome:Total War, Call of Duty 2, Myst V), the screen goes all wierd with randomly coloured pixels and showing vertexes (I cant show you pictures, because when I take a screenshot with GrabCaptureScreen, the wierdness dosent show up). I need to turn off antialiasing, this has never happened before. I have Nvidia drivers v81.95, running Leadtek Winfast GeForce 5600 256mb with My VIVO, on a Gigabyte GA-7N400S-L.

A:GeForce 5600 Antialias problem

Come on People!!

I need to know whether anyone else has this problem, or if yous think my card is ****ed...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-5600-antialias-problem.39286/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi guyz ...
I'm planning to buy a new desktop soon, could you guyz give me suggestion which one would be better ?

ATI Radeon 9600 PRO 128 MB
vs
MSI GeForce FX 5600 128 MB

A:ATI Radeon 9600 Pro vs GeForce FX 5600

Search www.google.com for benchmarks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-9600-pro-vs-geforce-fx-5600.8717/
Relevancy 68.8%

Ok I m Nvidia GeForce FX Problem 5600 having a problem with my video card and here s what it is I have been trying for two hours to install Rise Of Nations on my computer I ve probably attempted it or times bynow Each time I ve tried it gets about complete and then I get a blue STOP screen After the fourth time of getting a stop screen I went into my Nvidia GeForce FX 5600 Problem device manager to check on all of my hardware and to my surprise my video card was missing I just installedupdated drivers yesterday and everything seemed to be working ok I ve completley uninstalled the drivers and have not been able to reinstall the video ard The computer does not automatically detect it nor does it detect it when I go to Add New Hardware I ve tried just reinstalling the drivers but the driver program saysit can t find any display device either Does anyone know what is going on and or how to fix it Thanks in advance for your help System Ghz P CPU Matsonic MS C Motherboard Nvidia GeForce FX AGP Video Card MB RAM GB HD Windows XP Professional Edition w SP nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

I click 5-6-7-8-9-10 times right click to be able to copy , so i think the only solution is to Update or reinstall the driver but how? I tried to disabled and also to change USB hole hehe and nothing work and i don't want to reinstall windows xp again only to update mouse driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/390731-how-update-driver-software-mouse-driver.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have an ASUS P X pro with Win ultimate that was upgraded from Win I have a multi boot system with old versions like Win Win etc I have been noticing that my Giga network will sometime reset from to so decided to upgrade the drive to the Win bit driver The installation failed and I don t recall what the issue was Sorry I didn t expect to be in this much trouble so I just went ahead to fix the problem The status Win all driver NIC update to are missing Tried driver 10 now NICs to now is that all NICs that I have or ad to the system shows up nicely in the device manager under network adapters but when I look at the Network and Sharing Center Tried to update NIC driver to Win 10 driver now all NICs are missing there are no networks I have deleted all the network adapters rebooted and the devices are repopulated in device manager but no networks are available in the Network and Sharing Center I have tried adding various other network adapters like USB Giga Ethernet adapters and different WiFi USB devices of them are new Win compatible devices They all show up in device manager and nothing in Network and Sharing Center Basically it sees the network adapters in device manager but the Network and Sharing Center says I don t have any devices I tried to restore to Tried to update NIC driver to Win 10 driver now all NICs are missing before the diver update but I don t have a restoration point I also don t have a backup to restore It looks like I need to remove all network software from Win and reinstall it Any ideas how to fix this

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/67641-tried-update-nic-driver-win-10-driver-now-all-nics-missing.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I click 5-6-7-8-9-10 times right click to be able to copy , so i think the only solution is to Update or reinstall the driver but how? I tried to disabled and also to change USB hole hehe and nothing work and i don't want to reinstall windows xp again only to update mouse driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/390731-how-update-driver-software-mouse-driver.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Ok, so I install the video card, and boot up the computer, but then nothing happens. The video monitor tels me that there is no signal. I tried taking the card out and puttign it back in a few times, but the same thing kept on happening. I know my video card drivers are up to date, and the card is compatible with my computer. I use windows XP home edition, service pack 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-installing-nvidia-geforce-fx-5600-256-mb-ddr.18990/
Relevancy 66.65%

I recently purchased an Nvidia geforce fx mb graphics card I m running an amd sempron ghz processor with megs of ram The computer I installed this card on has a geforce mx integrated graphics card The problem is after installing the card I fired up a couple different games first game i fired up was fable Game started normal worked fine then like seconds into the game it freezes for - seconds then the screen becomes all Crazy/distorted geforce 5600 nvidia in all games fx Pixels 3d pixelled and distorted like The game still runs it doesn t crash and it also plays fine no freezing Crazy/distorted Pixels in all 3d games nvidia geforce fx 5600 etc It did this with all the games i tried it with deus ex full spectrum warrior brothers in arm earned in blood fable vampire the masquerade and morrowind After the pixelation begans u exit the game and reenter even after reboot and pixelazation is always there It doesn t effect movies or anything else just actual game play I ve tried many different things updating drivers etc I made sure my geforce mx driver was uninstalled properly first and then installed my geforce fx properly Still no luck I also tried going back reloading geforce mx drivers then uninstalling them then disabling the vga device then installing new card and it still gives me the pixels Please help I ve been waiting forever to buy a card and i probably won t be able to afford one for awhile Any help is greatly appreciated some dxdiag info here i didn t know if it would be helpful or not ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name COMPOFTHEBALL Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gateway System Model W BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor AMD Sempron tm MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce FX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce FX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-CB A- C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps ... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crazy-distorted-pixels-in-all-3d-games-nvidia-geforce-fx-5600.47802/
Relevancy 66.65%

As the title questions, will a GeForce FX 5600 fit inside my Dell Inspiron 1100 Laptop?

Relevancy 66.65%

I recently purchased an Nvidia geforce fx mb graphics card I m running an amd sempron ghz processor with megs of ram The computer I installed this card on has a geforce mx integrated graphics card The problem is after installing the card I fired up a couple different games first game i fired up was fable Game started normal worked fine then like seconds into the game it freezes for - seconds then the screen becomes all pixelled and distorted like The game still runs it doesn t crash and it also plays fine no freezing etc It did this with all the games i tried it with deus ex full fx 3d 5600 Pixels in geforce Crazy/distorted games nvidia all spectrum warrior brothers in arm earned in blood fable vampire the masquerade and morrowind After the pixelation begans u exit the game and reenter even Crazy/distorted Pixels in all 3d games nvidia geforce fx 5600 after reboot and pixelazation is always there It doesn t effect movies or anything else just actual game play I ve tried many different things updating drivers etc I made sure my geforce mx driver was uninstalled properly first and then installed my geforce fx properly Still no luck I also tried going back reloading geforce mx drivers then uninstalling them then disabling the vga device then installing new card and it still gives me the pixels Please help I ve been waiting forever to buy a card and i probably won t be able to afford one for awhile Any help is greatly appreciated dxdiag info here i didn t know if it would be helpful or not ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name COMPOFTHEBALL Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gateway System Model W BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor AMD Sempron tm MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce FX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce FX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-CB A- C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps Video... Read more

A:Crazy/distorted Pixels in all 3d games nvidia geforce fx 5600

Did you disable the onboard graphics after installing the new card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crazy-distorted-pixels-in-all-3d-games-nvidia-geforce-fx-5600.457263/
Relevancy 66.65%

What card is better?

I currently have the Fx 5600 listed above

but i am getting the Ti4600 in the mail on wensday

im wondering what card would be the best for me to use

A:MSI Gefroce fx 5600 256mb 8Xagp vs PNY Geforce 4 Ti4600 128mb 4x/agp

The new fx series cards are better for direct x purposes....... The ti card is being faised out.....no support to speak of for it now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-gefroce-fx-5600-256mb-8xagp-vs-pny-geforce-4-ti4600-128mb-4x-agp.11547/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a AGP 4670. I know you are going to say that I should upgrade but lets leave that out for now. The only driver I have been able to get working is the 11.1 release. 11.2 and 11.6 blue screen and the rest the drivers will not work. I have been able to update the software side of the CCC but not the driver. Now 6 months later I can still not update the driver. Any ideas on what the issue is?

Have tried both in Windows 7 Pro x32 and x64.

A:AMD Driver 11.6 Driver Update Problem

If you haven't, here's how to do a clean install of the driver.

1. Uninstall the current driver by clicking on it in the uninstall programs menu, then clicking change, and express uninstall.

2. When you reboot, go into safe mode and run Driver Sweeper.

3. After you reboot, install the 11.6 drivers normally and reboot.

Should work fine after that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/170496-amd-driver-11-6-driver-update-problem.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Is it advisable to use Driver Robot?

A:Driver update using Driver Robot

Welcome
It is always best to go to the websites involved and update from there. It is easy and we will be glad to help.
If you must use automated software to upadate Driver Max has a very good reputation and they have a free version.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/299526-driver-update-using-driver-robot.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey guys,

Ok, here's my deal.

I used to ahve a GeForce 4 MX420, and i found, from trial and error that the Detonator 30.82 drivers were the fastest.

well...i thought i would be the same for the GeForce 2 GTS/Pro that i got.

but from what i saw on 3DMark2001SE ORB, alot of peeps with the same Card as me and the same computer setup are using the 27.42 drivers. and they seem in like the 5000 range....

so i was wondering.....anyone here with any knowledge of what the best Geforce 2 GTS/Pro dirvers are???

my buddy with a GeForce 2 GTS (non-Pro) uses 27.42, and he says that they are the fastest for him.

on Guru3d.com though, the 29.42's are one of the most downloaded....

so...should i do that?

the reason im asking is, im jsut gonna go do it anyways, but doesn't anyone here have any exp/knowledge about this?

thanks guys.

ROCK ON!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-the-best-driver-for-a-geforce-2-gts-pro.180945/
Relevancy 65.79%

GeForce Hot Fix driver 361.82
Published 02/01/2016 10:12 AM | Updated 02/01/2016 10:33 AM
This is a GeForce Hot Fix driver, version 361.82 that addresses the following issues:

Eject NVIDIA Graphics Device
Click the appropriate link to download.

Windows 7 and 8

64 bit Version

32 bit Version

Windows 10

64 bit - Win10

32 bit - Win 10

https://malwaretips.com/threads/geforce-hot-fix-driver-361-82.55908/
Relevancy 65.36%

Just like Vista, I cannot seem to find any way to stop the automatic driver installation. I love how when I uninstall a driver/device in XP, on reboot it pops up asking me what to do. Vista and 7 on the other hand, take it upon themselves to reinstall Microsoft drivers on reboot no matter what I do. I've searched online and yielded no results, and searched here and didn't find anything either (Key words yield many results). Ideally I would prefer Vista/7 to just IGNORE the new device, so I can install the new one/update it myself. But if that can't be done, I'd at least like to be able to STOP the automatic driver installation. Please help

Theres gotta be some way, even if I have to edit something or add registry keys, I just want to stop the automatic microsoft driver installation.

A:Automatic Driver Installation

This might help.

If you type 'Device' in the start menu & click Change device installation settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/10731-automatic-driver-installation.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,

I am trying to stop a driver from installing automatically.

I have tried "Device Installation Settings" > Setting to never.

gpedit.msc is not an option in windows 7 home.

Does anyone know an alternative way to stop windows from automatically installing what it things is the best driver? I do not want it to ever install a driver for this device.

A:Automatic Driver Installation

Here you go -

Drivers - Turn Off Automatic Driver Installation

And welcome to the forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/82971-automatic-driver-installation.html
Relevancy 65.36%

i am looking for a program or a method that provides to be determined otomatically installed by being downloaded when a first desktop comes. Thank you.

A:How to Automatic Driver İnstallation

Windows will take care of that when you go through the first time setup.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/59022-how-automatic-driver-nstallation.html
Relevancy 65.36%

i am looking for a program or a method that provides to be determined otomatically installed by being downloaded when a first desktop comes. Thank you.

A:How to Automatic Driver İnstalation.

There are many programs that will find and install drivers, but they are not the way to go. It is very easy to install the best drivers by going to the site of the manufacturer and downloading them yourself. If you do not know how, tell us what drivers you need and we will help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/356256-how-automatic-driver-nstalation.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Is there a way to prevent windows from automatically installing drivers for new hardware? We are trying to do training at work, and we want the students to have to manually install drivers for new NIC's. I've tried deleting the file from system32, and it's just too smart for me.

A:XP automatic driver installation

Heres some information on the subject.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/games/learnmore/updatingdrivers.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-automatic-driver-installation.334746/
Relevancy 65.36%

I want to make sure all my drivers are up to date to ensure i can run games on my laptop at its peak efficency. I've seen a few a few programs that scan your computer and do it all for you, and i know windows has its own automatic updater. Im just woundering if theres a recomended one.
All help appreciated

A:Automatic driver updater

just manually update your drivers, or use some programs like driver genius pro. but beware other driver apps will update your driver in the wrong version and it will occur system crash just like i experienced 3 years ago on diff. app.. im using driver genius pro until now and the driver backup is great. especially when your os are windows xp alike.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/automatic-driver-updater-578105.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,this is my first post here,i need ur help guyz i wanna install Nvidia GeForce 280.26 Driver,but i don't know how,and i'm running windows 7 ultimate 32bit My RAM is 1.00GB
and my processor is 2.00GHz and I'm using Dell Inspiron 1520 i wantto know if i can install Nvidia GeForce 280.26 Driver on my laptop and how to install them.

Thanx

A:Nvidia GeForce 280.26 Driver

hello whats your graphics card

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/181652-nvidia-geforce-280-26-driver.html
Relevancy 64.93%

i know this video card is old but where can i get drivers for this on windows 7?
Windows vista updated it's drivers with the one provided by Microsoft but Windows7 don't have it yet..it's currently using vgapnp.sys and hardware acceleration is disabled..hope to hear from you soon..thanks

A:HELP driver for geforce 4 mx 440 agp8x

Sorry, your card does not meet the minimum system requirements for either Vista or Windows 7.

Best advice is to upgrade to better card. You can get an AGP DX 9, or better even 10, card real cheap all the way up to what I run, in specs.

http://www.osnews.com/story/21413/Mi...ments_Official

You could try installing the XP driver through the device manager, though.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/11517-help-driver-geforce-4-mx-440-agp8x.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Ok so i went and bought a new HD to solve the last problem, but now of coarse there is another problem, i never had this problem before on the old HD, so i am pretty sure its not my hardware, but the problem is when i install the drivers for my card the sceen goes black and the comp either freezes or restarts, i have done searches and have found no solutions, thanks for the help

Relevancy 64.93%

hi.i was wondering witch driver i should install for msi geforce 7900 gto(nx7900gto) ......the original cd driver released in 2006,the latest driver from msi or the latest from nvidia?thanks
yes i know i'm stupid

A:msi geforce 7900 gto best driver

Newer drivers generally have bug fixes and some performance improvements. A lot of new games have been released since 2006 so I'd be installing the latest driver, which is the one from NVidia themselves. I'm not saying the latest is always the best but give it a try and see, you may not notice much if any improvements unless you play the games that have been specially addressed though.

FYI, I always update to the latest ATI or NVidia graphics driver that's released.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msi-geforce-7900-gto-best-driver.784217/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,

First excuse my english speaking, cause I'm french

I installed win 7 ultimate on my hp pavilion tx 1000 and the big problem is that I can't found a driver compatible for my graphic card nvidia geforce go 1650.

I tryed anything, I visited and test all of soluces proposed on the forum HP and this forum.

Anyone can help me, please ?

A:Pb driver geforce go 1650 win 7 x64

Select software and drivers HP Pavilion tx1000 CTO Notebook PC

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/62912-pb-driver-geforce-go-1650-win-7-x64.html
Relevancy 64.93%

i recently brought a MSI GEFORCE 4 MX 440 SE . i installed the drivers ,but i do not feel that my card is working at its full potential .when i go to properties of adapter , it shows location CI bus1,device 0,function 0 .
what does this mean ,when my card is on AGP slot ,is it accepting its wrong location ,would it affect my performance ,how can i correct it?

A:geforce driver issue

go into bios and in to agp settings and make sure agp ram is listed as 64, and agp 4x is secelcted, and if your card has features like agp fast write, seclect them as well,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/geforce-driver-issue.139203/
Relevancy 64.93%

GeForce/ION Driver Release 260

Version:

260.99 WHQL
Release Date:
Operating System:
Windows Vista, Windows 7
Language:

English (UK)
Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

A:GeForce/ION Driver Release 260

Nick! Didn't know you were over here too! Well met!

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/120891-geforce-ion-driver-release-260-a.html