Windows Support Forum

Downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7 - Drivers error

Q: Downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7 - Drivers error

Hello there!
I got new laptop, HP pavilion x360 (11) and I can't install Windows 7 from USB because during installation I got an error that's saying something like this "you don't have drivers" so... I read on the internet that I need drivers from intel SATA.
I downloaded it, I even gave the folder for it on disk C and even this didn't help, it still wants drivers and I can't install Windows 7.
HP support can't help me.
Maybe you will?
Cheers!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7 - Drivers error

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7 - Drivers error

is this your hp??? if so there are NO win 7 drivers only win 8.1

see here http://support.hp.com/us-en/product...tible-PC-series/6936239/model/7174184/drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downgrade-from-windows-8-to-windows-7-drivers-error.1143188/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello There are numerous threads with the same issue online but none of the solutions have worked for me so I'm posting my own I did contact Microsoft and Lenovo but Lenovo is asking for money that I can't afford for tech support so I'm hoping someone here can help me out Here's the situation I have a Lenovo Y P that came with Windows Half a year later I'm sick of and want to downgrade to Windows I know that simulation 8.1 downgrade Windows drivers ins device -> found' 7 Windows 'No error softwares 'No device drivers found' error Windows 8.1 -> Windows 7 downgrade ins like ClassicShell and such exist but I would really rather just use Windows I downloaded a legitimate copy of Windows Ultimate -bit and burned it onto a DVD disk I also downloaded all of the Windows device drivers from this Lenovo site Laptops and netbooks IdeaPad Y Series laptops IdeaPad Y p Notebook - Lenovo Support US I had to specify the model number and 'No device drivers found' error Windows 8.1 -> Windows 7 downgrade ins OS so I'm hoping I downloaded the correct drivers all of the drivers are exe format is that what it's supposed to look like I put all of the drivers onto a flash drive So I am now equipped with a DVD with Windows on it as well as a flash drive with 'No device drivers found' error Windows 8.1 -> Windows 7 downgrade ins all of the drivers on it I boot from the disk with the DVD and flash drive attached Windows installation begins and here I get the error 'no device drivers found ' When I click 'browse' I see that the flash drive is recognized but the files on it aren't What do you guys think the issue is Best anon

A:'No device drivers found' error Windows 8.1 -> Windows 7 downgrade ins

Why would you do all that? Win7 is a driver-complete OS in the installer and via Windows Updates after install. Providing a bunch of drivers is from the XP era.

You only need the wireless driver in your backup so if it isn't provided during reinstall, you can install it to get online, enable Automatically deliver drivers via Windows Update (Step 3), then run all Important and Optional Windows Updates which should deliver most drivers. I would only import drivers still missing after all rounds of Windows Update are finished.

For a Win8 PC there are special steps that must be taken to disable Secure Boot and enable CSM or Legacy BIOS to Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7. Then when you boot the installer to do the Clean Install Windows 7 delete all partitions using the Drive Options shown in Steps 7 and 8, create and format new as you wish, install to first partition.

Other tips to get and keep a perfect Win7 install are same as for Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/342475-no-device-drivers-found-error-windows-8-1-windows-7-downgrade-ins.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello!I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 15r Special Edition with Windows 8 as it's default operating system. Since I don't like it that much, I plan to format the hard drive (by going into computer-> Right click on C: -> Format) and then to do a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium on it.After the clean installation procedure, I was wondering if I could simply insert the Dell Drivers and Utilities disc into the optical drive and intall the drivers like I would normally do.Therefore, the real question would be: Will the Windows 8 drivers provided by Dell be compatible with Windows 7?Thank you very much everyone.FatLord

A:Planning to downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7. Will the drivers provided on my Dell "Drivers and Utilities" be comp...

I did find this one "Inspiron 15R SE 7520" If that is your model then the Dell website has Windows 7 64bit drivers and Windows 8 64 bit drivers available for download.

I would use the Windows 7 Drivers for windows 7, Just download them ahead of time and burn them to a CD or store on a flash drive so you will have them handy to use.

I would also have my Antivirus ready to install before I went on the Internet.

3rd point. Windows will prevent you from formatting the drive it is installed on. So you have to do it during the install process.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479812/planning-to-downgrade-from-windows-8-to-windows-7-will-the-drivers-provided-on-my-dell-drivers-and-utilities-be-compatible/
Relevancy 72.24%

I'm looking to update drivers for my new laptop (Product: N3Y37UA#ABA, Model: 13-4195nr). I downgraded from Windows 10 home to Windows 7 Enterprise. Windows update is not working with the Enterprise edition and I've been successful finding some drivers, but not all. I succeeded at installing the drivers for touchpad, USB, wireless, video, and SD card, but would like to install as many as I'm able to. Here is what is showing up as still deficient in the Device Manager: HP Truevision Full HDPCI Device (PCI Slot 4 PCI bus 1 device 0 function 0)PCI Simple Communications Controller (PCI bus 0, device 22, function 0)TouchscreenUnknown device (location 0 port_#0007.hub_#0001)Unknown device (on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System) Thank you! 

A:drivers for a new laptop and windows 7 downgrade

Hi: See if these drivers work for the camera, PCI Dev, and the PCI Simple Comms Controller... This package contains an HP Universal Camera Driver to support the integrated webcams in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74941.exe The Realtek USB and PCIe Media Card Reader Drivers enable the integrated media card slot in supported notebook models running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75104.exe This package provides the Intel Management Engine Components Driver for supported notebook models running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74844.exe If you installed the Intel graphics driver and the touchscreen still isn't working, unfortunately, I would not know why. Please post the hardware ID's for these two unknown devices, so I can figure out what drivers they need. Unknown device (location 0 port_#0007.hub_#0001)Unknown device (on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System) To find the hardware ID, click on the unknown device in the device manager, and then click on the Details tab at the top of the unknown device window. Now you will see a Property drop down list, and it will be set to Device Description. Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's). Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/drivers-for-a-new-laptop-and-windows-7-downgrade/td-p/5721643
Relevancy 72.24%

I bought a refurbished HP 6200 SFF computer in order to revive my old Nikon LS8000-ED film scanner that requires FireWire.  I also bought a FireWire card and installed it in the computer.  After spending many days trying to get the FireWire working with several iterations of drivers and Windows 10 adjustments, I bought Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. 

I have now loaded Windows 7 several times, with varying sources of .iso file, and I have no network or FireWire capability. In fact, device manager shows listed under "Other Devices": a) Ethernet Controller; PCI Serial Port; c) PCI Simple Communications Controller; d) SM Bus Controller.  Each of these devices also shows a yellow triangle symbol with the exclamation mark in it and no driver for it.

So what should I try next?  I've been ALL over the internet looking for clues but most sites want to sell me something I do not need.

Thanks in advance...

A:Missing drivers after Windows 10 to 7 downgrade

Right click each device with a Yellow exclamation mark. Select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line for each device into your next post. HP's support site has a number of Ethernet drivers and posting the Hardware IDs will help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619666/missing-drivers-after-windows-10-to-7-downgrade/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello All,
I have a HP Pavillion laptop which has Windows Vista preinstalled. I want to downgrade to Windows XP. I contacted HP and they told they dont support as HP doesent have drivers for Windows XP. So I wanted to know a list of components on my system, the drivers needed and where I can find those drivers, so that I can do the downgrading by myself.

-
I Hate Vista

A:Downgrade to Windows XP from Vista, Want to know all drivers and where to find them.

Many HP Pavilion computers, both laptop and desktop, do not provide drivers to downgrade from VISTA to WXP. When they do, they are listed on the HP web site.
Otherwise, you have to get the part numbers and chip numbers off each device, then do a search at the various driver sites.
Sometimes with HP, there is no alternate driver for XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/downgrade-to-windows-xp-from-vista-want-to-know-all-drivers-and-where-to-find-them.105180/
Relevancy 71.38%

Good day I want to downgrade my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7, however I fear that I won't be able to get the drivers needed for Windows 7 64 bit, for example beats audio, cyberpunk media suite etc.Please assist me on which drivers would be suitable for my machine when I do downgrade to Windows 7 64 bit. This is urgent...!!! Thanks in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Drivers-needed-to-downgrade-to-Windows-7-64bit/td-p/5643873
Relevancy 70.52%

HP Pavilion 17-f114dxintel core i7-4510U 2601Mhz,2 Core(s) bios version/date insyde f34, 12/19/2014SMBIOS Version 2.8 Hi,I downgraded this laptop from Win 8 to Win 7 Professional. Everything's fine, but I can't get on the internet. It says I have no drivers, adapters, controllers, etc.,I'd really to like get this up and running again, and any help is greatly appreciated!thanksKCKcay

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Looking for Drivers: A Downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7...

Hi, Except the BIOS uses 450 G2 drivers http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=6943827&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4059 WifiRealtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Drivers   Regards 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Looking-for-Drivers-A-Downgrade-from-Windows-8-to-Windows-7/td-p/5020050
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, I recently purchased the Note book 15-ac170ne, from the same day onward getting different type of BSOD, so I downgrade the system from windows 10 to windows 7 pro, after down grade all the major drivers (Networking, USB, chipset, graphics, etc..) are missing. Try to download the drivers from HP website most of them are not compatible, so please provide me the links where I can able to download the driver Downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 ProProcessorIntel® Core? i7-6500U with Intel® HD Graphics 520 (2.5 GHz, up to 3.1 GHz, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)

A:After Downgrade from windows 10 to windows 7 pro all drivers...

Hi: If the Intel chipset, graphics driver, and usb3 drivers from the support page aren't working see if the ones directly from Intel work. Chipset intallation utility:  2nd one listed is the auto install file. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-?v=... Graphics:  3rd one on the left. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25620/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-6th... USB3:  Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/USB-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Control... Ethernet: This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp71268.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/After-Downgrade-from-windows-10-to-windows-7-pro-all-drivers/td-p/5595568
Relevancy 66.22%

I was trying to Downgrade Windows 7 to Xp Error.
My Computer is Xp. I upgraded to Windows 7. Then suddendly I wanted to Downgraded. Everything is mess up.

When I boot the Computer, It directs me to Startup Repair everytime i turn on.
Keep going Startup Repair.

Computer Specs:
Computer Specs:
Desktop
Emachines - T2890
330 Intel Processor - 2.66 GHz
60GB
2GB Ram

A:I was trying to Downgrade Windows 7 to Xp Error

You have to be a lot more specific. The available information provides no clue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/180732-i-trying-downgrade-windows-7-xp-error.html
Relevancy 66.22%

This one got me real good. I cant figure this one out? This is my error after below..I cant boot to windows anymore and it gives this error

0xc000000f

Thsi boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible"

I cant repair with my windows 7 disc
Last know config: NO
Cant find a restore point or image
Ran many command prompts with no sucess
ran PC checks on everything and all passed
Checked BIOS out and nothing changed
you name it I did it. Any help is an I am very grateful

Inspiron
1TB
wondows 7 64 bit
i5 Dell
oxpcg3 model

A:Error after my windows 10 downgrade

Read this
http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how...grade-to-windows-7-or-8.1/?PageSpeed=noscript
and this
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-8-easy-3615606/

you might be forced to do a clean install if you have no images to restore. (I make images monthly and it has saved my bacon a few times. In July I had to restore my desktop computer and in August I had to restore my netbook).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-after-my-windows-10-downgrade.1153987/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello.
I can't downgrade from Windows 8 to 7 because it's saying that I don't have drivers. (USB Boot, Windows 7 x32)
I downloaded sata drivers from INTEL site but still same error.
I have legacy mode on and safe mode is off.
HP support can't help me, maybe you will?
Cheers.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/61728-downgrade-8-7-hp-pavilion-11-n001ew-drivers-error.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I have a DELL OEM windows installed on as virtual machine Windows on error genuine downgrade 7 Not IE 11 and have been using Windows 7 Not genuine error on IE 11 downgrade it for over a month One of the client application was incompatible with IE so I had to downgrade to IE I uninstalled IE and installed IE On reboot I started getting the windows not genuine issue Will really appreciate your help in how to solve this Thanks P Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Windows 7 Not genuine error on IE 11 downgrade Code x Windows Product Key - -M DJT- J WC- WD Windows Product Key Hash xo ajVSpae VoZjS m JL f A Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID D A - - C -A C - B FC Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Enterprise - Genuine OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - E AD EA- -d E AD EA- - E AD EA- - E AD EA- -b a E AD EA- - E AD EA- - E B - - B D AA B- - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt D A - - C -A C - B FC lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - WD lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt innotek GmbH lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt VirtualBox lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt innotek GmbH lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt VirtualBox lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt AC FA lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Central Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - - - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Enterprise lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt B D BCF ED lt Val gt lt Hash gt ia NJLkFSR gHUQC Xf QajAQE lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot B quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot q... Read more

A:Windows 7 Not genuine error on IE 11 downgrade

You cannot legally use an OEM_SLP Key in a Virtual machine - the installation is counterfeit.

If you have a legal license for Windows 7 Pro that isn't tied to a machine already, then you can swap the Key into this install and activated that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/342197-windows-7-not-genuine-error-ie-11-downgrade.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Lenovo Y410P, I want to downgrade from Windows 8 and I whipped my hard drive. I also set all of the correct setting such as:Converting HDD from GBT to MBR
Deleting Volumes
Formatting HDD
Setting Legacy Boot
Changing Boot Priorites
Removing Secure Boot
Making OS setting for other OS
I have looked up my issue and followed various guides

Link to my laptop: Amazon.com : Lenovo IdeaPad Y410p 59399853 Laptop Computer (2.40GHz 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700MQ processor, 8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM, 1TB 5400 RPM 24GB SSD, Windows 8.1 64-bit) : Computers & Accessories

Link to guides I have followed:https://social.technet.microsoft.com...g-installation
Windows 7 stalls at

I am using a disc of Windows 7 x64 Bit.

Anything else I should add let me know? This is my first post.

A:Windows 8 Downgrade to Windows 7 Lenovo Y410p. Windows install stuck.

What does "whipped hard drive" mean ?

Why are you following guides about an installation error - have you had that happen?

Not sure what the question is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/357873-windows-8-downgrade-windows-7-lenovo-y410p-windows-install-stuck.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Recently got this error and re-installed Windows After downloading some of the updates not all at once or anything like that but I think a of them and installing the updates I restarted and the computer froze while updating windows I decided to go to work and leave it like that in case it was just taking longer or something like that but when I came home it was still at the same screen After restarting it I tried to restore it to a previous point before Update Windows Startup Drivers error 7 Offline after Windows No the updates but that didnt work and finally was forced into system repair which tried several times but never succeeded until finally it threw this error I googled the error and was brought here I downloaded and ran Farbar System Recovery Tool x and ran the scan and saved the log I've uploaded the log file instead of Windows 7 Startup Offline No Drivers error after Windows Update copying it into the window and making it the post a mile long Please help me out on what to do next and whats going on with my laptop I've had to borrow my mom's to repair mine after relying on it when my desktop's mobo finally went out and I use my laptop for work and scheduling Mod Edit Removed FRST log attachment not allowed or Windows 7 Startup Offline No Drivers error after Windows Update used in this forum seemingly not applicable to problem - Hamluis Thanks in advance for any help guys

A:Windows 7 Startup Offline No Drivers error after Windows Update

I don't understand why a mod removed my FRST log attachment when all the posts on this forum requested logs be posted to determine more about the problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496089/windows-7-startup-offline-no-drivers-error-after-windows-update/
Relevancy 57.19%

If you decide you don't want or don't like Windows 10 and you want to downgrade to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you have 30 days from the upgrade date to do it, or else you'll need to do a clean reinstall.

You can read about it here.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/wind...rade-after-installing-windows-10-488323.shtml

http://news.softpedia.com/news/how-...back-to-windows-7-or-windows-8-1-488317.shtml

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Relevancy 57.19%

A couple of months ago i clicked on the upgrade to Windows 10 icon and got upgraded to Windows10. My Laptop was super slow after that so i downgraded back to Windows 7

Now my machine boots alright but the Keyboard and Touchpad are not working. I tried system recovery but i dont have a saved point as i had recently done a clean install of windows7

Please help

Dell Inspiron N5050
Windows 7 Home Edition 64Bit
8 GB RAM (4+4)
i5

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/391631-downgrade-windows-10-windows-7-keyboard-touchpad-dont-work.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Due to specific application, I need a new computer with Windows 7 Pro 32 bit as OS.
Trouble is, practically any new computer I can find has a Windows 7 Pro
64 bit or, alternatively, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit.
I have some questions:

Buying a Win7 Pro 64 bit, can I legally (ie: with the same license key) do a new full install from a Win 7 Pro 32 bit media? Or I need to buy a new license? What about OEM vs retail licenses? Can a 64 bit OEM license be used for a 32 bit installation?What about Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit downgrade? Can I legally (eg: with the same license key) downgrade to Win 7 Pro 32 bit?

Thank you all.

A:Is a new license key required when changing from a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit installation to a Windows 7 Pro 32 bit? What about Win 8.1 Pro downgrade?

I was replied in the English forums: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/6307f163-ad9d-415d-9a6f-60b3ad0ffe30/is-a-new-license-key-required-when-changing-from-a-windows-7-pro-64-bit-installation-to-a-windows-7?forum=w7itproinstall

Thank you anyway.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/80935f0b-47ae-4ce0-a215-d004e8e4ccd1/is-a-new-license-key-required-when-changing-from-a-windows-7-pro-64-bit-installation-to-a-windows-7?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi guys So I bought a laptop a year ago and it came with the windows OS However after some time the windows OS was really getting on my nerves and I wanted to downgrade to windows OS The problem is that I was able to successfully install windows screen start install on Windows from up 7 downgrade 8, windows Blue ultimate to my laptop and after giving it a name and a username Windows 7 install downgrade from windows 8, Blue screen on start up the laptop would reboot like normal Windows 7 install downgrade from windows 8, Blue screen on start up Upon reaching the windows logo screen with the four colors the blue screen of death comes on with this error code STOP x A x A x x x keep in mind that the code trails off the screen where I can barely count the zeros so I don't know if this is correct or not The laptop I bought is an ASUS X LB-NH Intel Core i U GHz GB Memory GB HDD Windows -bit I have tried looking around numerous places but could not find an answer There was a reference to the bios might being outdated or not compatible so I tried updating the bios by flashing it but ASUS bios for the laptop didn't help at all I tried reinstalling windows again but arrived at the same problem again I have set the secure boot to disabled and enabled Launch CSM and Launch PXE OpROM policy I don't believe my ram sticks are unseated as the laptop was working just fine before my OS downgrade nor have I dropped it in the process I've read in a few places that people have successfully downgraded this laptop to windows but I'm having the hardest time figuring out how I really need help Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 install downgrade from windows 8, Blue screen on start up

Hello,

Have you tried running any hardware diagnostics tests via your bios startup or download one and run via usb? I know its ironic how you just replaced software and its not working but i would double check on your hardware. Now you said you re-installed windows? Which version? back to 8 or reloaded windows 7 ultimate? I would try installing another version. You can download any version iso online and use the same CD key. This should at least get you pointed in the right directly please let me know the results of the tests.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564173/windows-7-install-downgrade-from-windows-8-blue-screen-on-start-up/
Relevancy 57.19%

Due to specific application, I need a new computer with Windows 7 Pro 32 bit as OS.
I have some questions:

Buying a Win7 Pro 64 bit, can I legally (ie: with the same license key) do a new full install from a Win 7 Pro 32 bit media? Or I need to buy a new license? What about OEM vs retail licenses? Can a 64 bit OEM license be used for a 32 bit installation?What about Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit downgrade? Can I legally (eg: with the same license key) downgrade to Win 7 Pro 32 bit?

Thank you all.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6307f163-ad9d-415d-9a6f-60b3ad0ffe30/is-a-new-license-key-required-when-changing-from-a-windows-7-pro-64-bit-installation-to-a-windows-7?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi All,
Before you ask yes I have tried using Windows Device Recovery Tool but all this seems to do is put my phone into an endless series of restarts and nothing happens (even after leaving it like that for an hour!).
Next I tried the steps listed here: www dot djsmobiles dot com/2012/12/guide-how-to-flash-your-nokia-lumia-920.html, unfortunately I can only seem to be able to get up to the last step where NCS restarts the phone but cannot get it into flashing mode (I have tried multiple times with Power + Volume Up, Power + Volume Down, normal restarts and doing nothing by just letting it keep restarting).
Any idea on how I can downgrade to WP 8.1? 10 sucks on my 1020 (and honestly is somewhat in the same sucky ballpark on my 950XL as well unfortunately).
Thanks in advance all! :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438469-downgrade-lumia-1020-running-windows-10-10-0-10586-545-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have some questions:

Thank you all.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6307f163-ad9d-415d-9a6f-60b3ad0ffe30/is-a-new-license-key-required-when-chaning-from-a-windows-7-pro-64-bit-installation-to-a-windows-7?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello.
Just buyed used Thinkpad T420 from local dealer and it had windows 10 installed. Wanted windows 7 so dealer downgraded to Windows 7 pro 64bit. Everything else is working fine but when i open up task manager i get about 20 warnings about corrupted tasks "Task
either corrupted or tampered with" . Ran SFC but it did not find any problems.

I have read about deleting corrupted tasks from windows32/system/tasks and registry but since there are over 20 of them seems be big job... Just wondering if Microsoft is releasing tool (or this there already tool) to fix corrupted tasks?
Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ace464c5-8b8c-4585-b450-0ff6b11e4d13/task-scheduler-corrupted-after-downgrade-from-windows-10-to-windows-7?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello English is not my native language so if hibernation 7 to Pre-installed 8 Windows Downgrade (UEFI) and Windows something is confuse tell me I've got a Dell Inspiron here's driver download page Product Support Dell US It came with Windows pre-installed and I wanted to downgrade to Windows So I've got a Windows iso and use rufus Also I changed UEFI settings Downgrade Windows 8 Pre-installed (UEFI) to Windows 7 and hibernation to Disabled secure boot and enabled legacy I could boot Windows Downgrade Windows 8 Pre-installed (UEFI) to Windows 7 and hibernation installation setup and I installed Windows and works great But there's one detail I didn't erase all partitions in any point like every tutorial said When I hibernate my laptop and then turn on again it can't came out from hibernation the error code is xc d I would erase all partitions and reinstall Windows but I don't want to lose Windows factory image or OEM partitions I want to turn on my laptop and see Dell logo But I don't know how to backup these partitions and restore Also if I change UEFI settings for anything different of above settings Windows doesn't boot What do you think

A:Downgrade Windows 8 Pre-installed (UEFI) to Windows 7 and hibernation

Disabled secure boot was correct but to set UEFI to Legacy wasn't. Windows 7 can be and should be installed as UEFI.
Can you still boot Win 8.1 or does your BIOS has an app to create default factory restore disk (or on USB media)?
This is what I would do:
If you do have personal data on Win 7, back it up.
Find if BIOS can create factory restore disk (or on USB media). If it does, create a factory restore disk.
If it doesn't, restore BIOS settings to factory default (secure boot and UEFI) and then restore Win 8.1. Once restored, launch a Dell app to create system restore disk (or on USB media). There are many reasons to create one: HDD failure, virus, mistakes etc.
Once you've created the system restore disk, test it, at least, if it boots.
Now that you've created a backup that you can trust, Install Win 7.
- A SSD is the major tech upgrade that you can give to your laptop. The size depends on your budget and what you have to store in it. You can buy a 128 GB SSD for US$ 50 PNY CS1311 2.5" 120GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SSD7CS1311-120-RB - Newegg.com and put your HDD on a USB doc. Boots in 20 seconds, and opens programs at a blink of an eye. I strongly recommend.
- Disable secure boot and keep UEFI.
- Boot on the Win 7 installation disk on UEFI option, go advanced, delete all partitions but the Dell recovery. Normally it is the last one and is about 15GB in size. When done, you're going to have two partitions. Choose the first and then New. It's going to inform that it will create two more partitions (UEFI boot loader and MS reserved). Select the third (and biggest) and install.
After installation, open device manager and find the missing drives. Install them all and then then launch Windows update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/398280-downgrade-windows-8-pre-installed-uefi-windows-7-hibernation.html
Relevancy 56.33%

After downgrade from windows 8 to windows 7, I have a BSOD problem from time to time, mainly when I'm watching some movies using wmp, or videos on youtube. I would be very grateful if someone help me. Thank you.

A:BSOD after downgrade from windows 8 to windows 7 0x00000116 (atigmpag.

Hi PewnieJerzy.

There is dual graphics.
The inbuilt processor graphics in the AMD Richland APU: AMD Radeon HD 8650G
The dedicated GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series
Both the GPUs are controlled by the driver atikmpag.sys. So at this stage it is difficult to determine which one is actually failing.You have to apply them alone, one by one, to judge and decide about the situation.

Troubleshooting will be different for either case.

Either in Catalyst Control Center or in the BIOS, you will find the option to use either of the GPUs as the primary one and disable the other. First set the Radeon HD 7600M Series as the primary one. See how it goes.

Let us know the result.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80076464e0, fffff8800400bdac, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+bdac )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80076464e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800400bdac, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+bdac
fffff880`0400bdac 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`06f841c8 fffff880`04903140 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`076464e0 fffff880`0400bdac 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`06f841d0 fffff880`04902e4a : fffff880`0400bdac fffffa80`076464e0 fffffa80`07827690 fffffa80`0922c010 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`06f84210 fffff880`049a9f13 : fffffa80`076464e0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`07827690 fffffa80`0922c010 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`06f84240 fffff880`049d7ed6 : fffffa80`ffffffff 00000000`000a52f3 fffff880`06f84390 00000000`00000006 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`06f84320 fffff880`049bdce9 : fffffa80`0935d000 ffffffff`feced300 00000000`00000006 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchWaitForCompletionEvent+0x196
fffff880`06f84360 fffff880`049c0be7 : 00000000`00003dd4 00000000`00000000 fffff880`06f844d0 fffff8a0`08f04a40 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::xWaitForAllEngines+0x1e9
fffff880`06f84460 fffff880`049bf2d8 : fffff8a0`08f04a40 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0935d000 00000001`00000001 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::SetupForBuildPagingBuffer+0xd7
fffff880`06f844a0 fffff880`049bf274 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0935d000 fffff880`049bdb56 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::UnmapVideoApertureSegmentInternal+0x34
fffff880`... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/339116-bsod-after-downgrade-windows-8-windows-7-0x00000116-atigmpag.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I hope this is the correct forum I 10 back Windows BSODing Windows Unable downgrade 8.1, to to apologize if it is not I upgraded to windows from computer was originally shipped with Windows but has been running on Windows for a while and the computer is having Unable to downgrade back to Windows 8.1, Windows 10 BSODing all sorts of issues with windows -nvlddmkm sys BSODs and updates that keep on failing The computer is able to boot into safe mode with no issues but is only able to boot into regular mode if I keep on reinstalling the same Nvidia drivers Even when it boots into regular mode successfully its laggy and unstable This obviously isn't going to work long term So I have decided to go back to windows I have already tried the roll back option but for whatever reason windows deleted windows old So I downloaded the windows ISO and put it onto a flash drive and it loads fine but right after I select upgrade install I get a message telling me to remove installation media and restart Following these instructions does nothing I read on the internet that this is because I need to launch the windows setup while in windows When I do that after I enter the product key the installer tells me that quot setup has failed to determine supported install choices quot I'm out of options here am I doing anything wrong Thanks in advance for any help

A:Unable to downgrade back to Windows 8.1, Windows 10 BSODing

Use your win8 RE, and either recover, or restore your system image

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/14439-unable-downgrade-back-windows-8-1-windows-10-bsoding.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Thought I could just wipe and format hard drive and then do clean install via win 7 disk. Not that easy I discovered for days I toiled . With twenty or so win 7 installs under my belt I thought I had seen it all .and then this silly down grade comes along .turns out. New toshiba bios version 6.2 and possibly 6.0 under advanced tab now has a nifty little function called boot function. It changes between legacy and the newer type bios to use a Lenox based boot system it must be in legacy. There it is q and a hope this helps

A:Windows 8 downgrade to windows 7 toshiba satellite

1. Welcome to Tech Support Guy

It changes between legacy and the newer type bios to use a Lenox based boot system it must be in legacy. Click to expand...

I think this is Linux based - you mean
That is not actually correct as the 64 bit Linux based for instance Ubuntu will install in UEFI mode to a GPT format disc

Legacy mode is the traditional BIOS mode and will allow an install to MBR format discs

The system on your Toshiba as it was sold with Windows 8 must be UEFI and the disc must be GPT

Before you can install Windows 7 in legacy mode the disc to which you are installing must be MBR

If you install in UEFI mode the disc must be GPT

Depending on what you used and how far you have or have not progressed determines where you go from now.

32 bit OS cannot be installed in UEFI
64bit can

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-downgrade-to-windows-7-toshiba-satellite.1119803/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Guys, as title suggests, I upgraded to windows 8 Pro from windows 7 home premium (just because it was free after redeeming from PB) and Just don't like it. My system is Packard Bell imedia s2870 with i5 2320 3 ghz. Windows 7 came installed on it already so I don't have disk. I do have my old dell vista laptop with all my needed personal files still alive though. Please can someone advise me on how I go about getting back to 7 as I much prefer it to 8.

Many thanks in advance. Dave.

A:How do I downgrade back to windows 7 after upgrading to windows 8 Pro

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

Manual how to use Acer eRecovery Management here:
ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/notebook/empowering_technology/NB%20ET2%20user's%20guide/Acer%20eRecovery%20Management%20English.pdf

Have you tried pressing <Alt+F10> at boot up, to goto the Acer eRecovery Management.
Acer Support: Frequently Asked Questions list for How to use Acer eRecovery

You can Order Acer recovery disks from here:
https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer

Check & see if Acer eRecovery Management is still install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/262876-how-do-i-downgrade-back-windows-7-after-upgrading-windows-8-pro.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello everyone Sadly my first post here is written under pretty bad circumstances I am one of the many people whose systems in my case a Precision were quot automatically quot upgraded to Windows without warning as Microsoft changed the status of Windows from an optional update to that of a reccommended update After the installation completed I was presented with the EULA and selected the decline option and Windows notified me that if I continue with this option it will attempt to re-install Windows so 10 and 7 upgrade downgrade Windows Windows failed I did that After supposedly re-installing Windows my system restarted and booted with the Windows 10 upgrade and failed Windows 7 downgrade Windows logo but before the login screen appeared I got a blue screen and the laptop restarted This subsequently happened every time I attempted to start my laptop except for when I tried to boot in safe mode which it did successfully I restarted the laptop pressed F and selected the Repair option and the Dell Backup and Recovery option after that I selected the drive I want to Windows 10 upgrade and failed Windows 7 downgrade backup C from the menu and was notified to insert a Flash Drive or a SD card that has more than GB free I inserted a GB USB Flash Drive SanDisk Extreme which is meant to be really fast and clicked Next Dell Backup and Recovery has since been stuck on the next screen which says quot Backing up your data and Dell Backup and Recovery settings quot with the progress bar just flashing by rather than actually showing any progress This has been happening for the last - hours Any ideas what is happening and what I should do what my options are In case it helps this is my set-up Dell Precision M CPU Core i HQ GHz Hard Drives GB M SSD TB RPMRAM GB nbsp DDR - MHz All help is appreciated Many thanks Antonis

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19978175
Relevancy 55.47%

I Want to downgrade my Lenovo Tiny M900 Pc from windows 10 to windows 7 but i dont want install windows 7 freshly because it will make you to loss all your recovery disk from lenovo.. Also FYI, LENOVO M900 coming with default installation of windows 10, so there is no option to downgrade to windows 7... Kindly guide me how to do it without removing windows "Lenovo_recovery" Drive from machine or Guide me to install windows 7 on this machine with default lenovo recovery drive...  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/LENOVO-M900tiny-Downgrade-Windows-10-to-Windows-7-without/td-p/3388421
Relevancy 55.47%

Since an involuntary middle-of-the-night upgrade to Windows 10 occurred, can't stop random reboots every 20-45 minutes.  I give up.  I know there is an opportunity (allegedly) to downgrade back to Windows 7 within the first 30 days, but wanted to make sure there are no quirks about doing so with my rather old machine.  I DO find Windows.old both on my hard drive and my external drive. Anybody done this on a Pavilion P6520F or equivalent, and any tips?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-hp-pavilion-p6520f/td-p/5656622
Relevancy 55.47%

Wasn't sure whether I should put this in WIndows discussion or WIndows but considering it's going from eight to seven it would be more relevant to go into seven especially since I think I've cleared eight almost entirely from the machine but I'll explain that later Also excuse my English right now I've been awake for well longer than twenty four hours so my mind is a bit scrambled and I'd just like the peace of mind of having this up here before I head off to sleep Well anyways it feels a bit impolite to show up with nothing but a problem to present so I'll make it a point to at least present myself I've found this site many a times when dealing with viruses and other such problems through Google search results I had noted what a great site this was from the generally friendly people to the 8 Major issues Downgrade 7 Windows Windows ---> fact that anytime I would find a thread here pertaining to my problem it would either be solved here or I would be pushed pretty drastically in Windows 8 ---> Windows 7 Downgrade Major issues the right direction This was always my go to place if I ever really had a problem I needed worked out that I couldn't figure out myself As you've already guessed that's why I'm here in the first place In short I messed up and I'm thinking it's pretty bad So to sum it up shortly my friend had asked me to revert his new Windows laptop back to the Windows interface me knowing more than him enough for him to trust me with it However I'm no IT I'm just someone who happens to have picked up knowlege over the years from dealing with my own problems and such It didn't seem to be an IT job so I felt it was within my league First thing I do is fish out the WIndows installation disk After fiddling with Windows for a while trying to figure out how to boot from disk is it just me or did Windows overcomplicate that way too much I managed to get to the boot order settings However the CD drive was entirely gone from there I assumed it was something involving the new laptop and not having the proper drivers installed or something so I followed through a guide and got it all onto a flash drive so I could boot from that instead of dealing with the phantom CD drive this laptop seemed to have One step done I felt I was heading in the right direction However things began taking a turn for the worst when for whatever reason it wouldn't load from the flash drive It was recognized at least and there was a noticable pause at start up where the light on the flash drive began blinking frantically as if it's trying to do something but then it just skipped over to the regular Windows log on screen I tried just about all the basic troublshooting steps under the sun here different USB slots formatting the drive and cleanly setting it up to be a boot disk a few more times changing the boot order again etc I started poking around online for solutions and well my fatigued brain is having a bit of a hard time remembering if I did anything other than this but if I did I know I wasn't just poking at random switches and such in the BIOS even I realize the danger of that and all and if there was something other than this I know that it was only one other thing which I suspect is what actually made it work Now for the big delivery MISTAKE There was a setting somewhere in there that I changed I'm guessing I misread what was said online but I changed it from UEFI to CSM Saved changes and restarted Booted fine from the flash drive and I was pretty happy until the partitions read Windows cannot be installed to this disk The selected disk is of the GPT partition style Now here's where I started to panic So much so I engagued into big mistake I deleted the partition containing Windows and tried to make a new one for That would work right It would build the next partition to fit what Windows needs to install right Not the case still remained with the GPT error on the newly made partition So here I am with a Windows that refuses to install and w... Read more

A:Windows 8 ---> Windows 7 Downgrade Major issues

Just an update here.

I managed to figure out getting into the BIOS and changingit back to UEFI from CSM. I have to say, Toshiba has to work on this, I did the exact same thing close to twenty times before it worked (that is holding F12). So problem one fixed, but the next problem is that I'm stuck now in a bootloop since it can't repair itself and I deleted the partition Windows 8 was on. The particularly odd part about this though is even through the BIOS (which still takes several tries to get into) it won't load the Windows 7 Setup from the Flash drive or the CD.

Just a progress check, in case anyone knows what to do about this, I still feel silly because it was just F12, but it did take WAY too long for it to work I must say.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485636/windows-8-windows-7-downgrade-major-issues/
Relevancy 55.47%

Dear All I found something interesting topic on google search how to change WMP to WMP If you are one such user unconformable with WMP then here is the way to downgrade your Windows WMP to Window Media player Thanks who has made Windows Media Player installer for Windows How to Downgrade Windows Media Player to Windows Media Player on Windows Download Windows Media Player Installer for Windows Now Type services Windows 12 Player How to 7 to Downgrade Windows on 11 Media WMP msc on windows search bar Stop Windows Media Player network Sharing Service Take Ownership of following files All files in Program Files Windows Media Player folder All files starting with wmp in System folder wmploc dll mui in Sytem en-us folder Now Run Windows Media Player Installer Now type Regedit on Start Menu Search bar Delete following Registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft MediaPlayer Setup Installed Versions Don t forget to take Backup of Registry before modifying editing deleting How to Downgrade Windows Media Player 12 to WMP 11 on Windows 7 any registry key Reboot your Windows Screenshot of Windows Media Player in Widows Media Player Gadget Please Note I will not be responsible if you damage your Windows with above information How to Downgrade Windows Media Player 12 to WMP 11 on Windows 7 Do it at your own risk I have not created or nor host any files for download here not tested by me thank you Note If you found this stuff is useful or interesting dont forget to give me reputation

A:How to Downgrade Windows Media Player 12 to WMP 11 on Windows 7

This thing worked for me. Thanks Yogi! Was happy to get rid of the disgusting WMP12.

Only Microsoft can downgrade in the name of upgrade. WMP12 doesn't have many useful features of WMP11. Like increase in playback speed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/5697-how-downgrade-windows-media-player-12-wmp-11-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

hi all,
i have around 10 Dell OPT 3020MT PC's with dell win 8.1 pro license. due to software compatibility issue i have downgrade all these PC's to win 7 pro using dell win 7 pro OEM DVD. every thing works well until microsoft has done audit in my company and found out that all the downgraded PC's contain 32KD2-K9CTF-M3DJT-4J3WC-733WD key which came with dell installation media. so now microsoft claim that is this not legal. so i want to know what will be the Legal procedure to downgrade PC's with Windows 8.1 pro to Windows 7 Pro in multiple PC's?

A:Legal procedure to downgrade PC's with Windows 8.1 pro to Windows 7 Pro

It is legal... that is the Dell Windows 7 Pro OEM SLP key. Every single Dell system shipped with Windows 7 Pro preinstalled has that key... You would have the exact type of product activation if you bought any Dell system with Windows 7 Pro preinstalled using Downgrade Rights.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19983590
Relevancy 55.47%

Helloim a new guy use windows 10 i want a istall some program artios cad 14, but cannot, i must downgrade windows 10 to windows 8.in this forum have a windows 8 todowngrade.please help me Thanks for your support REgardsistiawan 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-envy-m6-p013dx-downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-8/td-p/5646914
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi My parents computer Dell Dimension E running Windows is incredibly and painfully slow In task manager the CPU usage runs at a consistent when undertaking the simplest of tasks I thought about upgrading their processor or alternatively upgrading to Windows but am concerned Windows would use just as much resources as Windows Vista currently does It's about a or year old PC which had memory upgraded a while ago It's never really been a particularly fast computer but unfortunately it's past it's warranty period Ideally I'd like to purchase Windows XP pro for Windows Vista XP to Windows from 'Downgrade' opinions give or take and install that as the OS Firstly do you think this would resolve the issue And secondly if so what is the correct procedure for downgrading I've read that you need to get a copy of all the drivers installed pre removal of Vista not concerned with the printer mouse speakers etc as these were all purchased after and I assume they'll be recognised as before 'Downgrade' from Windows Vista to Windows XP opinions if not with the disks we have I dont have a problem copying these to an External HDD or DVD Disk but are they required to run whilst the system is booting I'd like to avoid using the partitions to install XP pro additionally as would prefer just the OS Also the software which is currently installed for example Windows Pro presumabley they would all need reinstalling too Unfortunately all license keys have been used so it would require a new license key Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated Thanks Peter

A:'Downgrade' from Windows Vista to Windows XP opinions

and welcome to the Forum

How much memory does it have? Windows 7 is more nimble than Vista, but still needs 4 Gig of RAM to run right.

If you want to go oto XP, check the Dell support to be sure they have XP drivers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/downgrade-from-windows-vista-to-windows-xp-opinions-638639.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger, but my mother has a OLD computer with W98 on it. Much of her sewing and quilting business software is only compatable with Windows 98. She has these little computer cartridges that go into her machines and are not "upgradeable". Now her old computer is finally a "true fossil". Can she get a new computer with more speed and memory and install (downgrade) to Windows 98SE? All other tech support people I have talked to don't know, they just want to sell me a new computer. Keep in mind that she has $$$ worth of her sewing stuff and it is her business, upgrading to a new OS (for her) is not an option.

Relevancy 55.47%

I just ordered a new laptop from Lenovo. I got a great deal because it was a preconfigured version from an overstock. It has a Windows 10 Pro lisence but was downgraded to Windows 7 Pro by the manufacturer (Lenovo). I would like to upgrade back to Windows 10. Would this be possible? Thanks in advance for the help!

A:Can I upgrade to Windows 10 after factory downgrade to Windows 7?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I just ordered a new laptop from Lenovo. I got a great deal because it was a preconfigured version from an overstock. It has a Windows 10 Pro lisence but was downgraded to Windows 7 Pro by the manufacturer (Lenovo). I would like to upgrade back to Windows 10. Would this be possible? Thanks in advance for the help! If it has a license, go and upgrade ;)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436654-can-i-upgrade-windows-10-after-factory-downgrade-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,

I have seen on some threads in the past that it is possible to downgrade windows 7 Ult. to Windows 7 Ent by changing a few registry keys. Does anyone know if this is still possible?

Thanks,

A:Downgrade Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 7 Enterprise

Welcome to the forum.

Windows 7 and Ultimate are virtually identical except for the licensing. Windows 7 is a retail product while Enterprise is normally available only to large organizations with volume licensing. Do you qualify for Enterprise?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/391645-downgrade-windows-7-ultimate-windows-7-enterprise.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,
I have a nice new Inspiron 5559 which was supplied with Windows 10 but it's just too slow. Dell Support have checked and told me thatthere is nothing wrong with it but the PC is slower than my old Acer laptop running Vista !
I tried adding some Crucial RAM but no real change.
My next thought is to go for downgrading the OS to Windows 7 Pro. My Dell i7 that I use for work is Win 7 Pro and it's much quicker.
Has anyone else here had this sort of problem ?

A:Downgrade my new Windows 10 Inspiron 5559 to Windows 7

Windows 10 IMHO is buggy and shouldn't have been released as it is.  However, if you like it but want to improve it a bit, you can wait for the Anniversary update coming this August (1st week I think) and see if that fixes some things.  Or you can go here and download all the Windows 7 drivers for your computer and install Windows 7 if you have the OS disc for it. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19986561
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Toshiba Satellite A100 laptop that came loaded with Windows Vista but need to downgrade to XP so I can work from home. I took it to a reliable tech support place but they advised me they weren't able to find the necessary drivers. I spoke with Toshiba tech but they don't have the drivers but did say the downgrade was possible provided I found the drivers. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to work from home and won't be able to until this problem is resolved.

Relevancy 53.32%

So my father had mentioned that he hated and wanted back So from need HP 8. drivers, with help downgrade graphics I I did a clean install of PRO Of course his laptop was built with pro installed so the drivers have been a pain to find and download I managed to get the main drivers installed LAN Wireless USB but when I went to download a graphics card it only showed a Standard VGA Graphics Adapter The resolution of the laptop was HD before the downgrade but not looks absolutely terrible I can't even find what type of card I have Intel Radeon AMD What can I do to fix it My laptop specs I need help with HP graphics drivers, downgrade from 8. are Model HP -f wm GB My Hardware ID's are PCI VEN amp DEV F amp SUBSYS DE I need help with HP graphics drivers, downgrade from 8. C amp REV E PCI VEN amp DEV F amp SUBSYS DE C PCI VEN amp DEV F amp CC PCI I need help with HP graphics drivers, downgrade from 8. VEN amp DEV F amp CC I have a feeling this may be a fruitless venture but any and all help is appreciated Thank you all in advance

A:I need help with HP graphics drivers, downgrade from 8.

It is Intel Iris Pro 5200. See https://downloadcenter.intel.com/sea...=iris+pro+5200

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/374046-i-need-help-hp-graphics-drivers-downgrade-8-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I m not talking about XP right here just the drivers needed when I revert Needed...For Downgrade XP ...Drivers back here s some of my systems specs Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Celeron D kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache ...Drivers Needed...For XP Downgrade Board ELITEGROUP GCT-M Serial Number G Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD PG Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space TSSTcorp CD DVDW TS-H D ATA Device CD-ROM drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic USB SM Reader ...Drivers Needed...For XP Downgrade USB Device Hard drive -- drive WDC WD JS- NCB Hard drive GB -- drive s n WD-WCANMA rev E SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Installed Memory Slot A has MB Slot A is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free d NTFS ...Drivers Needed...For XP Downgrade on drive GB GB free Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account None detected Controllers Display ATA Channel Controller x ATA Channel Controller x Intel R G ICH Family Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - DF Intel R GB GR GH ICH Family Serial ATA Storage Controller - C Intel R G Express Chipset Family Display adapter EMA E T W Monitor quot vis s n N C February Bus Adapters Multimedia Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - C Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - C Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - CA Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - CB Intel R G ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - CC Realtek High Definition Audio Communications Other Devices PCI Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP isatap VAIO Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Networking Dns Server Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard PS Compatible Mouse Multimedia Card Reader USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy If anyone who knows anything about drivers could help by linking the ones I need to download because I need them for XP would be a great help nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I have an Asus M Cd which was working fine However like many others I was plagued with Win enforced updates messing up my system e g removing printer drivers not being able to rename folders etc Eventually after my th System Restore I decided to downgrade to Win where everything works fine except some drivers are flagged under Other Devices Checked Windows finding 10 to downgrade Need help from 8.1 after drivers Win Update Asus support No luck Need help finding drivers after downgrade from Win 10 to 8.1 How do I find drivers for each of these devices Network Controller PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS B A amp REV PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS B A PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp CC PCI Memory Controller PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS PCI Need help finding drivers after downgrade from Win 10 to 8.1 VEN amp DEV A amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV A amp CC PCI Simple Communications Controller PCI VEN amp DEV A A amp SUBSYS amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV A A amp SUBSYS PCI VEN amp DEV A A amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV A A PCI VEN amp DEV A A amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV A A amp CC SM Bus Controller PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS PCI VEN amp DEV A amp CC C PCI VEN amp DEV A amp CC C Thanks

A:Need help finding drivers after downgrade from Win 10 to 8.1

For your network controller go here. Click on the hard drive icon, not the green download button. Provide a junk email address. I am not sure this driver will work but it does have the same vendor and device ID according to driveridentifier which I have used before.  This is a Realtek 8821AE AC chipset and is not available on Realtek's site for some reason.

If this gives you internet then go here and download intel's utility to get your other drivers. The other drivers are intel as the Vendor ID is 8086.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605918/need-help-finding-drivers-after-downgrade-from-win-10-to-81/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an IdeaCentre 300S-22ISH with Preload Windows 10 Home edition. I tried to install Windows 7 Professional 64-bit into my 1TB SATA Hard Disk without deleting the Lenovo SATA Hard Disk since I have a spare HDD. However, when the Windows 7 Professional installation wizard started, there is an error prompted to Load Driver "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now.   Note: If the Windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step." Does anyone has encountered this message during installation the Windows 7 Professional and what is the best solution to resolve this. Appreciate if any genius could advice to help. Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Downgrade-Windows-10-to-Windows-7-Professional-IdeaCentre-300S/td-p/3314159
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys I need help here.

I recently buy a Acer Aspire V5 with Windows 8 Preinstalled.

I had a problem where my installation windows 7 get stuck in starting windows. I have follow all the instruction from

UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with

UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows

A:Problem with downgrade from windows 8 to windows 7

You need to install Windows 7 in Legacy BIOS Boot Mode.

Step One:

How to create Legacy BIOS Boot Mode compatible Windows 7 32/64-bit USB flash drive.

Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

Step Two:

Windows 7 Clean Dual-Boot Installation is Stuck on "Starting Windows"

Quote:
Acer Aspire V5-571P

Step 1) Insert the Windows 7 SP1 x64 DVD now.

Step 2) Press F2 repetitively once your computer starts. You will now see your BIOS settings. Navigate to the [Boot] Tab, which should be the second to the last.

Step 3) Change the Boot Mode to 'Legacy BIOS' and disable secure boot. After you have done this, move over to your [Main] Tab. Go down to 'F12 Boot Menu' and Enable it. This will allow you to select which device to boot from. Go to the [Exit] Tab on the BIOS and press 'Save Changes'

Step 4) Your computer will now restart now. Press F12 when the Acer logo appears. Once the boot menu is seen, select the DVD Drive. If you missed F12, you will still see 'Press any key to boot to CD/DVD'

Step 5) Wait for Windows 7 setup to load. Once Windows gets to whether you should do an upgrade or a Clean Install, press Clean Install. Once you are here, you should see a list of all the partitions on your Computer.

Here is info about UEFI Boot Mode (installing using the GPT partition style) and Legacy BIOS Boot Mode (installing using the MBR partition style). -> link

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/379300-problem-downgrade-windows-8-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi folks
How do I downgrade a laptop with Windows 8.1 to windows 7 without losing any of the programs installed? Is that even possible? I googled a bit but the pages I saw say the drive will be formatted so that would mean the programs would vanish too right? Is there a way of just downgrading to win7 without having to install all the programs again please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/how-to-downgrade-form-windows-8-1-to-windows-7-a-1072090.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,
I have a Dell Inspiron 17 (5000)
And I decided that I want to use the pre-installed Windows 8.1.
So I bought a Windows 7 Ultimate 64x and tried to install it in the BIOS I set everything I had and started to boot from the CD. In the installer I deleted the old disks and create new, everything went without any problems then the system has been installed and began to guide the first run, which I filled, but in the end me waited unpleasant surprise. System wrote "Bad initialization." I repeated the process twice more, but it to me not write error and immediately shut off.
Sorry for my bad english.
Thanks for answers.

A:Downgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 7 ultimate

Its look like that you format the whole hard disk and erase all system reserve file also. so your system can't boot properly. if you have windows 8 recovery then first try to install it hope it will be work for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/downgrade-from-windows-8-1-to-windows-7-ultimate.217544/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I downgrade 7 10 windows problem from windows to am wondering if anyone can help me out downgrade from windows 10 to windows 7 problem I have a dell XPS and I recently did the free upgrade to Windows not realising until later that dell will not make drivers for windows for my computer Mostly it works okay but I have been having some problems with it so decided to go back to windows Its been more than a month so I cant use the automatic roll back feature and a tech support person I shouldn t have trusted deleted the factory restore partition a while back which leaves reinstalling from a windows disc However when I get downgrade from windows 10 to windows 7 problem to the part that says quot where do you want to install windows quot the box is empty and it says quot No drives were found Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation quot If I click on quot Drive options advanced quot Delete Extend Format and New are greyed out If I select quot Load Driver quot and the Windows Disk it says quot No signed device drivers were found Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers then click OK quot Ive read stuff online that suggests I should go back to system repair go into the command prompt and use diskpart listdisk select disk and clean but I am not sure Ive checked and disk has the following partitions MB Healthy OEM partition RECOVERY GB NTFS Healthy System Active Primary Partition OS C GB NTFS Healthy Boot Page File Crash Dump Primary Partition I am not sure if I can or should delete all of these partitions or what or even how to do it so I can complete the install Any advice or help would be much appreciated Cheers

A:downgrade from windows 10 to windows 7 problem

http://www.dell.com/support/article/SLN129659
unfortunately Dell's website is still flaky today

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19668985
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, as you can see I'm trying to downgrade windows 8 to windows 7 on my asus, x551MA, laptop with a bootable USB flash driver. I already got Secure Boot disable and CSM enabled. I'm currently having a problem which is that I'm getting a blue screen that says the following;
''A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to you computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these step:
The BIOS in this system isn't fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor for an updated BIOS.
Technical Information:
***STOP:0x000000A5 ( 0x00000000000000x11, 0x0000000000000008, 0xFFFFFFFFFFD1B018, 0x0000000020120913).''
Thanks for reading.

A:Problems trying to downgrade from windows 8 to windows 7

This sounds to me like the hardware in your system is not compatible with windows 7. That message is telling me that your biggest problem right now though is that your bios is not compatible with your hardware most likely because the hardware was designed to run on windows 8 and not 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/352606-problems-trying-downgrade-windows-8-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello all.  Recently purchased a new 15t-ae000 (Touch) that came installed with Windows 10.  I am currently downgrading to Windows  (Win10 has way too much spyware built in).  I have most everything working (that matters at least) except I cannot get Windows 7 to see my touchscreen.  Now, I really never use it, but I would love to make it active.  Does anyone have any ideas? Bryan 

A:15t-ae000 downgrade Windows 10 -> Windows 7

@bryanhe? To better help you we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop??? http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108 There is about 7 different models. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/15t-ae000-downgrade-Windows-10-gt-Windows-7/td-p/5697995
Relevancy 53.32%

I bought a HP Spectre x360 and recieved it the other day, and wish to put windows 7 on it instead due to several reasons.I have an iso on a 2.0 USB flashdrive, and I have enabled legacy boot in the bios. Upon loading the win 7 installer, I get an error message, which reads"Download Intel RST 14.x Drivers for 7x64( orx32 if you want that), verify 9c83 is listed as supported device in inf file"  I am unable to proceed. I think I downloaded the right drivers, put them on the USB, but it's not detecting anything still. Can anyone help me out here? Model 13T-4100 x 360 if that's relevant information.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Downgrade-to-windows-7-from-a-Windows-10-device/td-p/5842527
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an IdeaCentre 300S-22ISH with Preload Windows 10 Home edition. I tried to install Windows 7 Professional 64-bit into my 1TB SATA Hard Disk without deleting the Lenovo SATA Hard Disk since I have a spare HDD. However, when the Windows 7 Professional installation wizard started, there is an error prompted to Load Driver "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now.   Note: If the Windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step." Does anyone has encountered this message during installation the Windows 7 Professional and what is the best solution to resolve this. Appreciate if any genius could advice to help. Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Beacon-Stick-300-D-J-and/Downgrade-Windows-10-to-Windows-7-Professional-IdeaCentre-300S/td-p/3314159
Relevancy 53.32%

As the title says I need and want to downgrade windows ultimate to Windows professional Foolishly I recently bought a windows ult product key from Ebay and have subsequently found out that from pro downgrade x64 Windows TO 7 to X64 7 ultimate Windows Need it has been previously used So now I have bought Windows x professional sp only due to impending financial restrictions Again from Ebay but this time making sure it is a valid legal legitimate etc copy Microsoft Windows Professional bit SP Full Install Version COA Product Key eBay hope it ok to post links needed to visibly show exactley which product I have purchased as reading from other forums I know the procedure etc is not always the same depending on whether it is an OEM version etc So thats the situation What I would like to do though install Windows professiona x sp without having to Need to downgrade from Windows 7 ultimate X64 TO Windows 7 pro x64 re-install all my programs documents and settings I was reading somewhere about a quot repair install quot but wasn't sure wether my set up would be applicable for that method I understand that the current software I have installed is fundementally illegal an honest if foolish mistake on my part in which I have lost some money but I wish to correct this matter now and possibly with your help I will be able to achieve this Thx for reading cheeers

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/382702-need-downgrade-windows-7-ultimate-x64-windows-7-pro-x64.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,
Due to a few driver issues i tried a downgrade to win7. I loaded a win7 install disk and did a custom install. Booted ok, but i have decided it's not worth the effort to re-install all my old programs, so i want to revert back to windows 10.
The win7 install placed the Win10 files in the standard windows.old file.
MS has this article for reinstalling the windows.old:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/971760

Wondering if that's all there is to it (although step5 of restoring the MBR is not specific for windows 10)
Has anyone else done this, or have any suggestions?
Thanks!

A:Re-enable windows 10 after a windows 7 downgrade

I would download Win 10 ISO from MS, if you didn't make a copy of it and install clean version.
Activation shouldn't be a problem, since you already activated Windows 10 on this machine.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/48210-re-enable-windows-10-after-windows-7-downgrade.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

Today I used the recovery feature in Windows 10 to revert back to Windows 7 which I was previously using (before the free upgrade).

After the rollback finished my laptop would not boot and blue screened after the Windows icon appeared.

I can boot into safe mode but nothing else.

Is there anything I can try before I am forced to install a fresh copy of Windows 7?

System repair does not work.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-windows-10-downgrade-to-windows-7.1164081/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone
Forgive me if this is the wrong section to ask this, or if this has already been asked, because after searching for quite a while, I couldn't find any satisfactory answer.

I am using HP 15-ab031tx notebook, and it came with windows 8.1 single language. I upgraded to windows 10 single language on 11th Feb, and though it's awesome, for now I would like to roll back to win 8.1. But I would like to upgrade again later.
Can I do that?
If yes, can I do that after July 29?

Also, will it help if I use the media creation tool to create a windows 10 DVD and later use it for installation? Will the windows in the created DVD be activated automatically upon installation?
Will Microsoft 'remember' that I had once upgraded during the free upgrade period, so that makes me eligible for an upgrade again?

media creation tool - Windows 10
EDIT: I upgraded on Jan 11th

A:Can I downgrade to windows 8.1 and later upgrade again to windows 10?

Originally Posted by shivam

Hello everyone

I am using HP 15-ab031tx notebook, and it came with windows 8.1 single language. I upgraded to windows 10 single language on 11th Feb, and though it's awesome, for now I would like to roll back to win 8.1. But I would like to upgrade again later.
Can I do that?

Feb 11th ?
Win 10 RTM did not come into being until July 29th, 2015.
Before that, we only had Windows Technical Previews which later renamed to Insider Previews.

Sure you have the date right ?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39211-can-i-downgrade-windows-8-1-later-upgrade-again-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I own a hp pavilion g7 laptop that came with windows 8 pre installed , problem is these days whenever I try to update to windows 8.1 it asks for me to update the PC first , whenever I try to do that for some reason I get stuck at 12% everytime , so I can't update to 8.1 , due to that I can't install these updates , I've browsed for ages for a solution and have found none , and some people say there's a problem with every laptop that was made pre installed with win 8 , so I'm pretty much screwed , I have a windows 7 disk , but I'm not sure if it's going to be compatible with my laptops hardware ..

tl;dr : I'm stuck with an outdated OS and I can't downgrade to windows 7 , what should I do now ? ..

A:Can't update to windows 8.1 , can't downgrade to windows 7

How long have you waited when it's at 12%? Give it hours, maybe even over night, see if it completes.

An alternative:

Use Option One here to download and create a ISO file. Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 ISO - Download or Create
Mount the iso file by right clicking on it and selecting Mount. The ISO will be mounted as a virtual Optical drive.
Open that drive and run Setup, see if that works.

I just did this recently to upgrade Win 8.1 to Win 10 on my Laptop. It should work on 8.0 to 8.1 as well.

If not, burn a DVD (use ImgBurn) or create a flash drive using the ISO as input, to install from then try upgrading that way.

If that doesn't work then backup your data (anything you don't want to lose) then boot the DVD or flash drive and do a parallel or Clean Install.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/64154-cant-update-windows-8-1-cant-downgrade-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone
Forgive me if this is the wrong section to ask this, or if this has already been asked, because after searching for quite a while, I couldn't find any satisfactory answer.

Can I do that?

Also, will it help if I use the media creation tool to create a windows 10 DVD and later use it for installation? Will the windows in the created DVD be activated automatically upon installation?
Will Microsoft 'remember' that I had once upgraded during the free upgrade period, so that makes me eligible for an upgrade again?

media creation tool - Windows 10
EDIT: I upgraded on Jan 11th

A:Can I downgrade to windows 8.1 and later upgrade again to windows 10?

Originally Posted by shivam

Hello everyone

Can I do that?

Feb 11th ?
Win 10 RTM did not come into being until July 29th, 2015.
Before that, we only had Windows Technical Previews which later renamed to Insider Previews.

Sure you have the date right ?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/39211-can-i-downgrade-windows-8-1-later-upgrade-again-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I need to downgrade my laptop from windows 10 to windows 8.1 which was the original os.

A:how to downgrade my hp pavilion from windows 10 to windows 8

You should have a recovery partition on your laptop unless you erased it when you upgraded to W10.
Otherwise you'll need to download a W8.1 ISO and use the license number on your laptop sticker. http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=j0YagIL4
Please note this will erase everything off you laptop so I recommend removing any personal items first.
Any particular reason why you want to go back?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441435-how-downgrade-my-hp-pavilion-windows-10-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -GK PY-FDWYH- TP F Windows Product Key Hash u xU PnmumgYLgUpnmbqEw Q OA Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID E- A - - C-AF BBCD AC Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications downgrade 10 windows windows genuion after 7 Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run windows 7 genuion after windows 10 downgrade ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Allowed Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt E- A - - C-AF BBCD AC lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - TP F lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt GA- A-D lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Award Software International Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt F lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt EC FC lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Central Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Professional edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM SLP channel Activation ID e f -a fa- b - fd-f e da Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL SpcService Web Service Machine Certificate URL RacService Web Service Use License URL UseLicenseService Web Service Product Key Certificate URL PkcService Web Service Partial Product Key TP F License Status Notification Notification Reason xC F Remaining Windows rearm count Trusted time AM Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline x HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Registered Version HealthStatus Bitmask Output HWID Data-- gt HWID Hash Current NAAAAAIAAQABAAEAAAAFAAAAAQABAAEA gSAJyL pS QsZUxOBGlH kScPBQxZHsgIQ OEM Activation Data-- gt N A OEM Activation Data-- gt BIOS valid for OA yes but no SLIC table Windows marker version N A OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent N A BIOS Information ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value APIC GBT GBTUACPI FACP GBT GBTUACPI HPET GBT GBTUACPI MCFG GBT GBTUACPI MSDM GBT GBTUACPI MATS GBT TAMG GBT GB... Read more

A:windows 7 genuion after windows 10 downgrade

The simple answer is that the installation is counterfeit.
You have an OEM_SLP Key installed, from an ACER computer - but your motherboard is a retail one, which cannot support such a Key.
You need to reformat and reinstall using genuine media and Key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378259-windows-7-genuion-after-windows-10-downgrade.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi to all, recently i buyed an HP 15-Ay007la. I never liked W10, and W8. I want W7 on my notebook. And a, i can't install it. When the installation starts, windows shows an error saying "Driver not detected", and the installation aborts. I tried downloading USB drivers, CD Drivers, HDD Drivers, and nothing, nothing of that driver's works..... Someone had a solution?, i updated the BIOS several times, and i try before the installation change to Legacy Mode, i think that are an space field missing, the HDD mode, i don't found one,  maybe i need change SATA to IDE, but i didn't found it. Thanks for reading. EDIT: I tried several times during the installation perform an clean installation, by pressing Shift+F10, diskpart, clean, create partition and exit. Nothing of this worked. So, performing an clean installation doesn't work. Diskpart detect's HDD, but Installation Not.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Downgrade-Windows-10-to-Windows-7-Impossible/td-p/5788515
Relevancy 53.32%

My laptop is becoming slow due to windows 8.1 which I just upgraded to like 2 hours ago. It has never been this slow when I had windows 8 but when I upgraded to 8.1 my laptop became slow all of a sudden Microsoft I hate you for making my computer slow , so anyway to uninstall 8.1 or downgrade to 8 without a using a windows 8 disk as I don't want to reformat my pc.

A:Any way to downgrade windows 8.1 to windows 8? SLOW!!!!

Can you be more specific? Windows 8.1 is no slower than Windows 8, thus you are likely encountering a problem of some sort. What in particular is slow?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/33681-any-way-downgrade-windows-8-1-windows-8-slow.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Good morning I was not sure where to post this thread so if I've broken any rules please forgive We purchased an HP laptop about a month ago and it came preinstalled with Windows - not the Pro version I guess it is Home windows from laptop to HP 8 - Downgrade Windows 10 Possible? a new version We HATE Windows We tried but between hubby and I we have a list of things that either don't like or don't work on new laptop Is it possible to downgrade to Windows I do have Windows or OS and key that has never been installed on a computer to use Heck I even have a Vista ultimate and key that I would rather use over Windows Anyhow yesterday I did a factory reinstall on the new laptop to set it back to factory settings Have done nothing else Downgrade a new HP laptop from windows 10 to Windows 8 - Possible? to it this time around no internet connections updates nothing I did put the Windows install in and it brings me to a screen where you have options regular and then the advanced I was told that you had to use advanced install method but the screen wants to know where to install Windows and I think there were different partitions of them being reserved by either Windows or OEM so I am pretty sure that I understand them to be the recovery partitions Before I reset it I ran the Belarc report and believe that does included product keys for windows and what type of hardware is on the laptop and have also created the recovery discs for Windows Now comes the part where this amateur becomes afraid I know I need to research drivers I know the new install won't have a lot of the HP preloaded stuff BUT that is good right Less bloatware I believe it is called IF it works the laptop will only have the software and stuff that we want Can anyone tell me in really simple terms what my next steps should be and how to proceed If it doesn't work I will be able to go back to Windows with the recovery discs that I made correct Kind of afraid to do this but at this point it is really sad to think that a new laptop is setting there on the coffee table and neither one of us wants to use it I gave up trying to install software that we did want on it both of us hated Edge and discovered that we couldn't even sign in to our bank account with it and so on I've never met an operating system that I disliked this much and have been using computers for work and home since Please help if someone can It would be greatly appreciated Many thanks in advance

A:Downgrade a new HP laptop from windows 10 to Windows 8 - Possible?

What's going to matter most is if there are drivers available for Windows 8x that are suited to your notebook PC. What model is your HP notebook?

I admit I'm also one of those who would prefer enduring stomach flu over coming within ten feet of Windows 10. HOWEVER, it's only from a features and cosmetics perspective that I dislike the OS. Truth is, Windows 10 is exceedingly stable. So I'm surprised that you had as much issues with it as you did; especially given that Windows 10 was preloaded.

Remember you will need to purchase an 8 or 8.1 license before installing the media, because you need to enter a key and you must activate Windows.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/61820-downgrade-new-hp-laptop-windows-10-windows-8-possible.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey ya'll,
Does anybody know if you can downgrade from Windows Vista that was pre loaded on computer, down to Windows XP? If so how and does it cause many problems. I can get a work from home job, but have to have operating system Windows XP, and I have Windows Vista Home Premium.

Thank you

A:Windows Vista downgrade to Windows XP

hi you can but not all comps are suitable http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/windows-vista-support/356044-need-help-please.html this may be of some help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-downgrade-to-windows-xp.810335/
Relevancy 53.32%

STORY : MOUSE DID NOT WORK IN GAME ON WINDOWS 8.1... COULD NOT DOWNLOAD PATCH THEN I INSTALLED WINDOWS 10 FROM TORRENT THINKING IT WOULD FIX THE BUG.....

I THINK IT SAYS THE LICENSE COULD NOT BE VERIFED DEVICE SYSTEM... SO I WENT TO REPAIR COMPUTER SHOP AND HE FIX IT AND IM ONLINE ABLE NOW.. BUT I GOT NO SOUND .... ( I COULD NOT START THE COMPUTER BEFORE

SO IS IT POSSIBLE TO DOWNGRADE..... WINDOWS 10 TECHNICAL PREVIEW ( TORRENT) ORGINAL FROM WINDOWS 8.1

SO HOW DO I DOWNGRADE FROM WINDOWS 10 TECHNICAL PREVIEW ( TORRENT ) TO ORIGINAL FORM WINDOWS 8

.. THANKS ALOt

A:How to downgrade windows 10 from torrent.... To windows 8

If you don't have a backup image you can't - see Download Windows Technical Preview ISO - Microsoft Windows

After you install Windows Technical Preview, you won?t be able to use the recovery partition on your PC to go back to your previous version of Windows.

You'll need to order your manufacturers install disks if you haven't got them or any backups. Then backup your data and re-install.

btw, Ten Preview is freely available - no need to use a torrent.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/57921-how-downgrade-windows-10-torrent-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I started with widows 8.1 then Upgraded to Windows 10. Can I Downgrade back to Windows 8.1? I have too many problems with Windows 10.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/51600ab4-9fdc-4462-9df6-f2e81c81f935/downgrade-back-from-windows-10-to-windows-81?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello

I recently downgraded from Windows 8. I installed Windows 7 successfully, albeit a few errors coming up, but I dont quite remember what they said. Anyhow, the OS seemed to work fine until I started downloading stuff on it. Nothing with viruses, just stuff like Google Chrome and Skype.

Even after cleaning the tower, however, my PC still blue screened after startup, and sometimes it is unresponsive. It has even glitched once to the point where I had to restart the PC manually.

Please help! This is a new OS and Im not sure what to do.

A:Windows 7 issues after downgrade from Windows 8

Hi:

AFAIK, It's not routinely possible to downgrade from 8/8.1 to 7 on a home PC without a proper, "genuine" copy of Win7.
(A notable exception would be an Enterprise system that was purchased with downgrade rights.)

I'm sure additional information will be needed, but, for starters...

It would help to know more about the system and where/how you obtained your Win7 license.
And:
Was Windows 8 properly activated?
Was Windows 7 properly activated?

Thanks,
MM

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/400996-windows-7-issues-after-downgrade-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently purchased a new desktop, as the old one had slowed down considerably.  I have several pieces of software that I use frequently, that are not compatible with Windows 10. Also, I can't stand using Windows 10 (or 8, for that matter.)  Can it be successfully downgraded to Windows 7? If so, what steps in addition to the usual would have to be taken? (i.e., what drivers would need to be downloaded, and from where.) Thank you! C. Ricard

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Want-to-downgrade-new-desktop-from-Windows-10-to-Windows-7/td-p/5703373
Relevancy 53.32%

I tried to downgrade my windows 10 Pre installed (Without Backup of windows 7) so i tried to installed windows 7 freshly Intially i face a problem with USB not detected then i change BIOS Setting in Auto - Legacy First and one more enable for use USB port then i check secure boot, it was diable then i check usb port for virutal environment - i make it enable(without enable we cannot use keyboard and mouse in windows 7 setup) now i got struck with error"CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" use.. still error coming.. i tried to use many drivers also, no use..  If anyone have windows7 updated disc for M900 please provide me a link (PRO & ENTERPRISE i have the KEY) can any one help me to downgrade to windows 7?? 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:M900 Downgrade From Windows 10 to Windows 7

This subject has been talked about on two other threads:

(1) Can't downgrade Win10 to Win7 on M700

(2) M900 Win7 install - no storage drivers

The main issue is that there's no built-in USB support for mouse/keyboard in the retail Win7 installation media for the Skylake hardware, where USB is handled by the Embedded Controller.  Special drivers are required (included in Win10, but not present in original standard Win7 install media).

The solution is to use one of a variety of solutions to recreate new Win7 install media (e.g. to bootable USB), with the missing USB/EC drivers "slipstreamed" in so that it is available at install time.  You obviously need mouse/keyboard support in order to perform an install.

Furthermore, if your machine has NVMe hardware (e.g. Samsung 950 Pro) which was also not supported by Win7, you also need to "slipstream" the Samsung NVMe Controller Driver into the Win7 install media so that you can specify that hardware as the target for the Win7 install.

The essence of the discussions on those two other threads was to make use of a utility program developed by Gigabyte, which "merges" in your existing Win7 retail install media with the additional new drivers needed for USB/EC (and possibly NVMe as well), to produce a new bootable USB from which you can then do your "bare bones" Win7 install.  The Gigabyte utility is discussed on this Gigabyte tech support site article on the whole problem of installing Win7 on this new hardware, and the solution using their newly devloped utility. The Gigabyte utility is downloaded from the "Gigabyte download support site" specifying download type = UTILITY, referred to on that page as the "Windows USB Installation Tool to Support Intel 100 series motherboards". 

Note that you're still going to have to install all of the remaining drivers for the new hardware in your M900 (presumably you've already downloaded these from the Lenovo site to some location where you can then run these installers after getting your "bare bones" Win7 install completed).

Hope this gets you past your current obstacles.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M900-Downgrade-From-Windows-10-to-Windows-7/td-p/3372021
Relevancy 53.32%

I updated my windows 8 os to windows 8.1 via windows store and now my laptop slows up. Booting takes a couple of minute around 3-5 then loading apps also now takes a minute to load and in gaming i sometimes have fps drops which i dont have in windows 8

And i find this "refresh" in the setting which says that it will refresh my laptop back to default. Does this mean that this will restore back the default os which my laptop comes with (windows 8 single language)?

it also states that
"GO TO STORE TO REINSTALL WINDOWS 8.1 and YOUR APPS" (does this actually mean that windows 8.1 will be uninstalled/ removed?

here's that actual things that it says

A:Windows 8.1 downgrade back to windows 8

You can not use Windows 8.1 Refresh or Reset to downgrade to Windows 8.

Welcome to EightForums

Have you made the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

Information

We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD. (Windows 8 only)
Recovery Drive - Create with USB Flash Drive in Windows 8
System Repair Disc - Create in Windows 8 (Windows 8 only)

I would recommend you making the OEM manufacturer's Recovery DVD's or USB drive.
or
You can order the Microsoft official OEM Recovery disks from the OEM manufacturer's website.

How to make Acer Recovery disks.

Using Acer Recovery Management to Restore Windows 8

Create a Packard Bell Factory Default Backup in Windows 8
Windows 8 - Create a Factory Default Backup - Acer Recovery Management - YouTube
Windows 8 - Create a Drivers and Applications Backup - Acer Recovery Management - YouTube
Windows 8 - Restore Windows With a User Created USB Recovery Drive - YouTube

You can Order Acer recovery disks from here:
https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer
or
Acer | Recovery Media
Check in Accessories
or
https://store.acer.com/store?Action=...&SiteID=acerna
or check the main web site.
Acer Worldwide - Select your local country or region
Using Acer Recovery DVD:
ICONIA W510,how to reinstall windows 8 with recove... - Acer Community

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/53806-windows-8-1-downgrade-back-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I just picked up a Pavilion 15-f039wm for a great price. Unfortunately, the reason is due to the fact that windows 8.1 needs activated and there is no key. It appears that a blocked key has previously been entered. Can I easily downgrade to windows 7 (and find all the drivers), or is there somewhere in the computer I can find the original product key to activate windows? I am new to windows 8. Thank you

A:Can I downgrade my 15-f039wm from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7?

Hi, Machine has Windows 8.1 pre-installed:         http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04353717 The key is in the BIOS of your machine, please use the following tool to get it:   http://www.belarc.com/free_download.htmlWhen run this tool, it produces a report, scroll down to Software Management section. Windows 8, 8.1 or 10  product key is in there.You can also use the following tool to find out:  https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/ For other question: You can always try. No support from its homepage:      http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/7137590/model/7311084 But our friends on this forum will help you.Regards,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Can-I-downgrade-my-15-f039wm-from-Windows-8-1-to-Windows-7/td-p/5748393
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, recently I've been having a lot of trouble coming from my computer. Every game I tried to play would crash, chrome would crash, just I really hated Windows 10. I got really sick of it so I decided I would downgrade back to windows 8. So in the process, I came to realize that I could not do this without an actual Windows 8 installation disc or usb. So now my computer is stuck on the blue screen of death with the error code 0x000025  meaning I'm missing the disc. I can't find my installation disc for Windows 8 anywhere and its quite expensive for a new one. Is there any possible way I can revert the downgrade? I currently cannot access anything on the computer it's just stuck. I just really need my computer working for school, if anyone can help I'd appreciate it greatly.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19979940
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys I am having the following problem Whenever I start up my computer I get an error message before my wallpaper is displayed that says There is no disk in the drive Please insert disk into drive Device Harddisk DR I usually Help With Need Please! C:\windows\system32\drivers\ntndis.exe Error click on cancel or continue and then three other pop ups follow saying the same exact thing except they say Device Harddisk DR Device Harddisk DR and then Device Harddisk DR After I click continue or cancel on each of them my computer finally starts and says there is a problem with quot C Windows system drivers NTNDIS exe Below I have listed my HijackThis Log I would post my rootkit revealer but it says it is way too large to post Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Need Help With C:\windows\system32\drivers\ntndis.exe Error Please! system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Boot Optimizer HPBootOp exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware Need Help With C:\windows\system32\drivers\ntndis.exe Error Please! exeC Program Files AOL Active Security Monitor ASMonitor exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC SRNMIC SOLOSENT EXEC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC WINDOWS NCLAUNCH EXeC Program Files America Online waol exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exeC Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exeC WINDOWS arservice exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files America Online shellmon exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal Ad-Aware exeC Program Files Need Help With C:\windows\system32\drivers\ntndis.exe Error Please! Adobe Photoshop Photoshop exeC Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system drivers ntndis exeO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files FlashGet jccatch dllO - BHO no name - - F - ... Read more

A:Need Help With C:\windows\system32\drivers\ntndis.exe Error Please!

Hello and welcome to the forum

I would like to take a look at this log for you and will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thank You.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95365/need-help-with-cwindowssystem32driversntndisexe-error-please/
Relevancy 53.32%

i can not boot from vista on my vaio laptop, i do not want to system restore
because i have valuable information.

the error i get is:

missing or corrupted

\windows\system32\DRIVERS\disk.sys

where do i get this file or how do i fix it?

thanks

art

A:error \windows\system32\DRIVERS\disk.sys

You must be able to boot to fix the problem. Can you boot in safe mode?

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/290630-error-windows-system32-drivers-disk-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey first time on forum got recommended here by a friend I built myself a new computer about months ago and the No sound help? best any says have drivers, I 10 (code windows error) sound worked fine up until about weeks ago then one day i lost all use of my headphone mm ports and could only No sound (code 10 error) windows says I have best drivers, any help? get sound through my HDMI cable via my monitors built in sound this was annoying but not the end of the world I have spent the last weeks trying to resolve this to no avail and after changing monitors to one which is only DVI-D doesn't transmit sound ofc and VGA i now have no sound and it is rather a larger problem Here is the issue I currently have two High definition audio drivers appearing in my device manager both are the same version one is down as working fine the other displays code error device cannot start the one that says it is working is located on PCI bus device function The one that will not work is on PCI bus device function now when ever i try and update change the drivers for either of them after uninstalling them windows just claims the best drivers are installed and are up to date regardless of what I do Also i cannot do a roll back o ALso after i uninstall and search for hardware changes windows tries to automatically install drivers at least that what i think its doing and i cant delete the driver file install location as even though im the only user i dont have system permissions here are my system specs quickly Motherboard Asus Intel Socket P Z M PRO ASUSTeK Computer Inc - Motherboards- ASUS P Z -M PRO tried these drivers and the ones on the install disk and another set on a site I found Memory GB DDR corsair vengeance RAM Graphics card Nvidia ti gb Phantom Processor I k Ghz Ghz Power supply Unit OCZ zs series W plus Bronze HDD segate barracuda green rpm TB Case antec Monitor AOC quot Monitor Gnr quot generic TL DR Asus Intel Socket P Z M PRO mobo' keep getting code errors windows wont let me update or roll back also have two drivers showing up one working one not Thanks in advance RougeR edit- also the drivers for my mobo claim on the actual file there in that they are for vista x i assume this makes little difference as i couldnt find any mention of any win drivers also my mate said it might be something to with hdmi drivers o edit - still no replies on any forums ive just flashed the bios up to the latest version and it hasn't made any impact i also made sure chipset etc was all up to date no luck

A:No sound (code 10 error) windows says I have best drivers, any help?

Bump.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/206570-no-sound-code-10-error-windows-says-i-have-best-drivers-any-help.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys I am having the following problem Whenever I start up with Need help please!! error C:\Windows\system32\drivers\NTNDIS.exe my computer I get an Need help with C:\Windows\system32\drivers\NTNDIS.exe error please!! error Need help with C:\Windows\system32\drivers\NTNDIS.exe error please!! message before my wallpaper is displayed that says There is no disk in the drive Please insert disk into drive Device Harddisk DR I usually click on cancel or continue and then three other pop Need help with C:\Windows\system32\drivers\NTNDIS.exe error please!! ups follow saying the same exact thing except they say Device Harddisk DR Device Harddisk DR and then Device Harddisk DR After I click continue or cancel on each of them my computer finally starts and says there is a problem with quot C Windows system drivers NTNDIS exe Below I have listed my HijackThis Log I would post my rootkit revealer but it says it is way too large to post Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Boot Optimizer HPBootOp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files AOL Active Security Monitor ASMonitor exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C SRNMIC SOLOSENT EXE C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS NCLAUNCH EXe C Program Files America Online waol exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files America Online shellmon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal Ad-Aware exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Photoshop exe C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system drivers ntndis exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Sea... Read more

A:Need help with C:\Windows\system32\drivers\NTNDIS.exe error please!!

Do a HijackThis scan & place a check next to these items and select "Fix checked":

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ntndis.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://toolbar.imageshack.us
O20 - Winlogon Notify: rpcc - C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcc.dll (file missing)

---------------

1. Download this file -> http://download.bleepingcomputer.com...a/ComboFix.exe

2. Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into it:

Code:
File::
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ntndis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ntndis.sys:

Drivers::
ntndis
Save this as ComboFix-Do.txt

Refering to the picture above, drag ComboFix-Do.txt into ComboFix.exe
Then post the resultant log & a fresh HJT log in your next reply

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/need-help-with-c-windows-system32-drivers-ntndis-exe-error-please-161362.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I recently reinstalled windows to my laptop 116) BSOD after windows (error drivers reinstalling 7 Dell N after realizing that windows was not compatible with my machine Now BSOD (error 116) after reinstalling windows 7 drivers I'm having problems reinstalling my drivers for my graphics card The laptop has graphics cards Every time after I installed the BSOD (error 116) after reinstalling windows 7 drivers driver for AMD HD m it reboots into the quot windows is starting quot screen and goes into the BSOD with the error code and cause by the atikmpag sys driver I really need BSOD (error 116) after reinstalling windows 7 drivers help as I have been at this for a few days trying to fix it Methods I have tried - manually installing the driver through Device manager - full clean with Display Driver Uninstaller and reinstalling -direct download from the AMD website on their latest installer -download drivers from Dell Drivers page I have also tried this solution thinking it would help but still no luck I'm not sure if I did it correctly Fix atikmpag sys atikmdag sys blue screen errors BSOD I'm at a stump Please advice me

A:BSOD (error 116) after reinstalling windows 7 drivers

Still need help on this

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/377792-bsod-error-116-after-reinstalling-windows-7-drivers.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey first time on forum got recommended here by a friend I built myself a new computer says drivers, No I sound 10 best error) windows have help? (code any about months ago and the sound worked fine up until about weeks ago then one day i lost all use of my headphone mm ports and could only get No sound (code 10 error) windows says I have best drivers, any help? sound through my HDMI cable via my No sound (code 10 error) windows says I have best drivers, any help? monitors built in sound this was annoying but not the end of the world I have No sound (code 10 error) windows says I have best drivers, any help? spent the last weeks trying to resolve this to no avail and after changing monitors to one which is only DVI-D doesn't transmit sound ofc and VGA i now have no sound and it is rather a larger problem Here is the issue I currently have two High definition audio drivers appearing in my device manager both are the same version one is down as working fine the other displays code error device cannot start the one that says it is working is located on PCI bus device function The one that will not work is on PCI bus device function now when ever i try and update change the drivers for either of them after uninstalling them windows just claims the best drivers are installed and are up to date regardless of what I do Also i cannot do a roll back o ALso after i uninstall and search for hardware changes windows tries to automatically install drivers at least that what i think its doing and i cant delete the driver file install location as even though im the only user i dont have system permissions here are my system specs quickly Motherboard Asus Intel Socket P Z M PRO http www asus com Motherboards Int P Z M PRO - tried these drivers and the ones on the install disk and another set on a site I found Memory GB DDR corsair vengeance RAM Graphics card Nvidia ti gb Phantom Processor I k Ghz Ghz Power supply Unit OCZ zs series W plus Bronze HDD segate barracuda green rpm TB Case antec Monitor AOC quot Monitor Gnr quot generic TL DR Asus Intel Socket P Z M PRO mobo' keep getting code errors windows wont let me update or roll back also have two drivers showing up one working one not Thanks in advance RougeR edit- also the drivers for my mobo claim on the actual file there in that they are for vista x i assume this makes little difference as i couldnt find any mention of any win drivers

A:No sound (code 10 error) windows says I have best drivers, any help?

Hey RougeR!

I had a really similar problem with my laptop (2 audio drivers : one working, one that had Code 10 error) and I've searched a solution for months. I tried updating, uninstalling, reinstalling, disabling both audio drivers, but nothing would do it.

Well, I just found a solution to it!
In fact, the problem is that Windows doesn't uninstall the drivers completley unless you boot in Safe Mode.

Here's what I did :

1. Boot in Safe Mode (Here's a little trick to know with Win7 : Windows 7 Safe Mode - F8 Not Working? - Help Desk Geek - Help Desk Geek)

2. Uninstall the 2 audio drivers in Device Manager.

3. Scan for hardware changes in Device Manager. Windows should reinstall the 2 audio drivers.

4. Reboot Windows in normal mode. (If you used the little trick I gave for Win7, you have to run msconfig again and uncheck the "Safe boot" option.)

I guess you've solved your problem since January 2012, but I hope this could help some other people out there!

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/206585-no-sound-code-10-error-windows-says-i-have-best-drivers-any-help.html
Relevancy 53.32%

hey there I have this real bad problem on my computer which is making it run extra ordinarily slow Whenever I start the computer I get the error it says there is a problem with quot C Windows system drivers NTNDIS exe Also I've got some adware popping up with the name OuterInfo error please!! Need with C:\Windows\system32\drivers\NTNDIS.exe help and whenever it comes up my Need help with C:\Windows\system32\drivers\NTNDIS.exe error please!! computer gives me a SERVER BUSY error These problems started occurring at the same time so I think they are related Below I have listed my HijackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Need help with C:\Windows\system32\drivers\NTNDIS.exe error please!! Assistant exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS mrofinu exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS mrofinu exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohClient exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PcSync exe C Documents and Settings SpaNkiE Application Data icrosoft r ndll exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PcSync exe C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohClient exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C PROGRA COMMON Nokia MPAPI MPAPI s exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files PCSuite Services ServiceLayer exe C Program Files HPQ Shared hpqwmi exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System Rundll exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS APPATC wuauboot exe C WINDOWS APPATC wuauboot exe C WINDOWS APPATC wuauboot exe C WINDOWS APPATC wuauboot exe C WINDOWS APPATC wuauboot exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Pag... Read more

A:Need help with C:\Windows\system32\drivers\NTNDIS.exe error please!!

Please do this:

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.Close all applications and windows.
Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt <-this one will be minimized
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt here.
Please attach extra.txt to your post.
To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt

Click Upload.

What DSS will do: create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, and Internet Cache Files, and also empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
check some important areas of your system and produce a report for your analyst to review. DSS automatically runs HijackThis for you, but it will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have HijackThis installed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/need-help-with-c-windows-system32-drivers-ntndis-exe-error-please-214163.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I keep receiving the error c:\windows\system32\drivers\conime.exe when I start up my computer. It tells me it cannot find the file.

Relevancy 52.89%

I recently posted a reply in a Day Old thread with people who had success using mismatched to their model BIOS firmware to gain access to the windows compatibility features specifically quot OS Selection gt Windows quot I'm posting here as well because I figure this will reach the grand audience and the users from the older "Windows 0x7e Downgrade ASUS Windows Loading" 10 X553SA BSOD After post may get the email notification and "Windows Loading" 0x7e BSOD After Windows 10 Downgrade ASUS X553SA have direct information I don't usually post in old threads "Windows Loading" 0x7e BSOD After Windows 10 Downgrade ASUS X553SA but I've scoured the internet and tried many times installing with no success I've downgraded windows MANY times before actually EVERY time and never ran into a situation where would not load This is the first machine with windows out-of-the-box and it seems they are removing legacy supports for windows Anyway here is the post I've noticed you all having success installing the firmware on your machines I have a Machine and I'm not even able to see the firmware when I'm in the Easy Flash utility I've got an Asus X SA and there is NO quot OS Selection quot in the bios I was able to install Windows from a known-good DVD after disabling secure boot enabling CSM and cleaning the drive in diskpart Unfortunately it does the usual quot Loading Windows gt Bluescreen gt LOOP quot In quot safe-mode quot the last driver to load is disk sys I've tried every BIOS firmware version on the asus driver support section of this mode's page I'm currently running BIOS version which is the latest offered on the support page If ANYONE has WINDOWS ULTIMATE running on their X SA PLEASE let me know how you've done it Thank you so much in advance Rocco

A:"Windows Loading" 0x7e BSOD After Windows 10 Downgrade ASUS X553SA

Hi Rocco,
dont believe Asus made this model W7 friendly
Have a read here
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1015785/

roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/392888-windows-loading-0x7e-bsod-after-windows-10-downgrade-asus-x553sa.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I downgraded from vista to xp. I went to ACER support website and downloaded the drivers for my model of laptop. I had to go and load the drivers manually from the device manager. one by one. But some did not take. My Video Driver did not want to work. Instead of a question mark I got a little exclamation mark. My wireless driver is the one I care about the most. My LAN works as you can tell but having a laptop being connected to a cable kinda suck. So if the is any kind of resouces that you would want to share that would be great.

A:Cant load drivers on XP, Downgrade from Vista

What is your video card, and what is your wireless device manufacturer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/301116/cant-load-drivers-on-xp-downgrade-from-vista/
Relevancy 52.89%

I've done pretty well and found most of my drivers. I stumbled on this site and it was a HUGE help. However I can't seem to get the last couple. Here is my EVEREST report. Can someone help me locate the last few audio and mass storage controllers,

Sean

A:Drivers Needed For Vista to XP Downgrade

Can Microsoft Update not find them for you?
It's normally the first thing I try on a new install, providing the NIC and VGA drivers are found by XP.

In IE, go to Tools > Windows Update.
When the Windows Update pages, there should be a link to Microsoft Updates. Do a Custom install and all the software available will be displayed, including Critical Updates, Software Updates and Hardware.

It's just something to try if you haven't tried all ready.

The next stage is the manufacturers website.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/drivers-needed-for-vista-to-xp-downgrade-227953.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Acer AST -UA B AMD Athlon GHz Socket AM MB DDR SDRAM Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic now replaced w XP Home GB Serial ATA DVD RW Dual Layer Integrated Network Card Ethernet Fast Ethernet Gigabit Ethernet etc I posted here in February about a downgrade from Vista Home Basic to XP Home and received good information on finding the necessary drivers at the Acer website I got XP on the Acer up and running Internet access etc all appeared fine I am now adding speakers and unable to get sound I viewed Device Manager and found to my surprise that I ve got question marks next to Display Adapter gt Video Controller and Other Devices gt PCI Device Interestingly Sound Video and Game Controllers appears normal in Device Manager but no sound card appears in the list interesting since it 'Downgrade' XP not installing drivers Solved: is lack of sound that prompted me to check Solved: XP 'Downgrade' drivers not installing in the first place Drilling down further in Device Manager at the two question marks Display Adapter and PCI Device reveals the same message Device Unknown and Device Driver not installed As to the sound card I went to Control Panel and opened up Sounds and Audio Devices only to see the message No Audio Device I ve re-downloaded the XP device drivers for these items from the Acer site run the executables but to no avail There are Solved: XP 'Downgrade' drivers not installing no error messages when I run the programs but no evidence Solved: XP 'Downgrade' drivers not installing that they are installing either I also tried installing the drivers from Device Manager but with the same results I hope I m doing something obviously wrong that will jump out at one of you All advice on this issue will be gladly received nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I'm running Windows XP Pro Edition SP1 and every time i log in I get an error message saying:

Windows cannot find 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\service.exe'

I've run various spyware and virus detection and removal programs and cleaned everything up as best I can, but can't get rid of this error message. It doesn't seem to affect performance at all, but it is extremely annoying to see it every time I log in.

Any suggestions?

A:"Windows cannot find.....\drivers\service.exe" error message

I'd suspect that there's some damage done by the viruses that hasn't been fixed.I'd suggest installing Service Pack 2 AFTER scanning for viruses again and updating your hardware drivers.Once that's done, then update to Service Pack 3. FYI - yes, you can go directly to SP3, but I wouldn't advise it until your system is functioning properly.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177550/windows-cannot-finddriversserviceexe-error-message/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi
Getting 800F0246 when using windows update (most of the updates are drivers)
Also getting error when trying to install any new hardware i.e. amazon kindle fire
Even if I install drivers manually through device manager I get "windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device - one of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time."

Have also tried running sfc /scannow - but get error "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation." almost straight away

Any ideas please?
Machine is running Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i5, 8gb RAM

A:Windows Update error 800F0246 and cannot install any drivers

You could try this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497461/windows-update-error-800f0246-and-cannot-install-any-drivers/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I start to nbsp XP serious driver nbsp problem on my ThinkPad Edge E drivers 4600 on install 10 Windows Redsto... error HD with dual graphic Intel HD GeForce M after Windows install v update Intel HD drivers cannot be installed on any way HD 4600 drivers install error on Windows 10 Redsto... I always get error nVidia drivers can be installed and work well I try to install intel drivers HD 4600 drivers install error on Windows 10 Redsto... on all this way nbsp Windows update work very long and return error x b Your Lenovo system update won't install Manually downloaded Intel drivers v and beta always say that setup find error and exit Intel download utility v it cannot find HD 4600 drivers install error on Windows 10 Redsto... my Intel nbsp graphic adapter nbsp Look shots nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Please Help I Have this Lenovo Computers Think Centre M from an it is still good Intel Q GB DDR Radeon Intel SSD ThinkPad E ThinkPad Tab with it I have many problems Lenovo Vibe Z

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/HD-4600-drivers-install-error-on-Windows-10-Redstone-1-v1607/td-p/3399578
Relevancy 52.89%

hi guys i must commend this life-saving service u r rendering i followed the instruction given someone on this topic up to a point where one is to copy and paste a log My message:C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\conime.exe error log is thus Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files error message:C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\conime.exe Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system CCM CLICOMP RemCtrl Wuser exe C WINDOWS system CCM CcmExec exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe error message:C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\conime.exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http zinblog com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http zinblog com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http zinblog com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http leadwayportal R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default error message:C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\conime.exe http zinblog com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Leadway Assurance Company F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system drivers conime exe F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe quot O - HKLM Run SVCHOST C WINDOWS svchost exe O - HKLM Run Task Manager C WINDOWS svhost exe O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableRegedit O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http leadwayportal O - DPF Casa rdPty - Misc - file C CitiDirect MS citidirect ie casathrdpty cab O - DPF Casa rdPty - Swing - file C CitiDirect MS citidirect ie casaswing cab O - DPF Casa rdPty ... Read more

A:error message:C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\conime.exe

Hi and welcome to TSG,

Download AVG Anti-Spyware from HERE and save that file to your desktop. Note for AVG Free anti-virus users only: this is not the same program that you already have, this is an anti-spyware program.

When the trial period expires it becomes feature-limited freeware but is still worth keeping as a good on-demand scanner.

Once you have downloaded AVG Anti-Spyware, locate the icon on the desktop and double click it to launch the set up program.
Once the setup is complete you will need run AVG Anti-Spyware and update the definition files.
On the main screen select the icon "Update" then select the "Update now" link.
Next select the "Start Update" button. The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.

Once the update has completed, select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".
Under "Reports"
Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
Un-Select "Only if threats were found"

Close AVG Anti-Spyware. Do Not run a scan just yet, we will run it in safe mode.
Reboot your computer into Safe Mode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode then hit enter.

IMPORTANT: Do not open any other windows or programs while AVG Anti-Spyware is scanning as it may interfere with the scanning process:
Launch AVG Anti-Spyware by double clicking the icon on your desktop.
Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab then click on "Complete System Scan".
AVG will now begin the scanning process. Please be patient as this may take a little time.
Once the scan is complete, do the following:
If you have any infections you will be prompted. Then select "Apply all actions."
Next select the "Reports" icon at the top.
Select the "Save report as" button in the lower left-hand of the screen and save it to a text file on your system (make sure to remember where you saved that file. This is important).
Close AVG Anti-Spyware and reboot your system back into Normal Mode.
Please go HERE to run Panda's ActiveScan
You need to use IE to run this scan
Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button
A new window will open...click the Check Now button
Enter your Country
Enter your State/Province
Enter your e-mail address and click send
Select either Home User or Company
Click the big Scan Now button
If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
When download is complete, click on My Computer to start the scan
When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location. Post the contents of the ActiveScan report
Come back here and post a new HijackThis log along with the logs from the AVG and Panda scans.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-c-windows-system32-drivers-conime-exe.590618/