Windows Support Forum

unable to connect to a wifi network/media state all disconnected

Q: unable to connect to a wifi network/media state all disconnected

hi.i been trying to fix this problem with my laptop. I cant connect to my wifi when my phone can connect i have tried all the suggested answers on your website but still i cant resolve.i did the ipconfigs and netsh thing but still not working. Please help me.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: unable to connect to a wifi network/media state all disconnected

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 94.17%

Dear all,

I'm using ZTE MF62 HSPA+ 21Mbps MIFI Portable Broadband Wifi Router
I used to connect it directly to my pc, and provide wifi to my others device.
All the while are ok, but yesterday I just found out that all my laptop & phone also couldn't detect the wifi from the ZTE modem.

In device manager, the zte technologies msm driver was in yellow sign.
Under cmd - Ipconfig - media state it showed media disconnected.
I have tried to uninstalled the driver from device manager but failed to reinstall the driver. Error message from installing process "no driver found".

I brought it out from my house & tried to install it in others pc, however, the same error occurred.

May I know anybody can help me on this issue?

thank you very much!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-modem-unable-to-detect-device-media-disconnected.1063627/
Relevancy 86.86%

Mainly an Xbox problem Connection: Area . disconnected . Ethernet : state Media . Local Media Was having trouble connecting it to XBL looked under IPCONFIG ALL and found this Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Louis gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Ethernet Local Area Connection: Media state . . . : Media disconnected Address fe e d b IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific Ethernet Local Area Connection: Media state . . . : Media disconnected DNS Suffix IPv Address b bb facb Link-local IPv Address fe d c ce IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap C D - - B -B C-DA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fb e a bd Link-local IPv Address fe e a bd Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap FF - C - E - - F F F DE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap DD E- EB- -B BB-D FB D BCE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap FB C -ABD - B A- BB- DE B FE FC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Louis gt ipconfig all So how can I re-connect my Local area connection Thanks in advance I m running Windows Home Premium by the way nbsp

A:Ethernet Local Area Connection: Media state . . . : Media disconnected

what the make and model of the router

any lights come on the router when you plug the cable in
any lights on the PC near the cable connection

try a tcp/ip reset - see below

can we see a device manager screen shot
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.
Post back the results here - we need to know these commands worked correctly
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-local-area-connection-media-state-media-disconnected.1022199/
Relevancy 86.43%

I m new to server administration but am familiar with the basics This is for a computer on an office network through a server Windows server There have recently been new computers introduced to our network and this is one of the ones that was replaced but is now going to be put back into service I am not able to get it to connect to our network or the internet I did ipconfig all amp this is what it tells me Host name - s Primary DNS suffix - xxxxx com mode type Local State...media Area - Connection disconnected 3 Media - Broadcast IP Routing Enabled - No WINS Proxy Enabled - No Etherenet adapter Local Local Area Connection 3 - Media State...media disconnected Area connection Media State - Media disconnected Description - Realtex RTL Local Area Connection 3 - Media State...media disconnected Family GIGABIT Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - A B- C- - I looked at Local Area Connection 3 - Media State...media disconnected the netword card through device manager and it says it s working properly When I look at My Network Places it tells me the network cable is unplugged I ve changed out the network cable with one that works on another computer that worked Any ideas I m trying to have this up and running for Monday morning nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

Hey There,

I always get media state disconnected when connecting directly to the cable modem or a 192 ip if connected to the router but i cannot access the internet.

Any other computer can connect directly through modem or through the router

What has been done:
- Hard-drive reformatted and Windows XP pro re-installed
- Original & updated manufacturers drivers tried
- TCP/IP set to obtain ip address automatically & obtain DNS automatically
- Manual TCP/IP settings (no effect)
- Replaced NIC & reinstalled drivers

NIC lights do indicate activity, Cable Modem Network Activity light does indicate activity
Windows IP Configuration

No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection 4 while it has its media
disconnected.

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 4:

Any ideas?

A:Media State Disconnected

The tcp/ip would not be working

-check physical setup you will need sync
-open up command prompt and type ping (you servers provider)
-DO A TELNET ON PORT 80 TO CHECK FIREWALLS
-DO A COMMS REINSTALL
-AND
-then manually assign the DNS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-state-disconnected.992957/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello I have a few problems One is that sometimes when loading a webpage State Media Disconnected will say quot server not found quot This happens randomly these few last days Second On my ipconfig I will see that the media state Media State Disconnected is disconnected I can still search the web Media State Disconnected in wireless and home computer I like to know if there is any problem with the media state being disconnected thank you I also posted my ipconfig here Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN AB Antivirus ESET NOD Antivirus Updated and Enabled Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway pace com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway pace com Description n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address D -DF- A- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway pace com Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address C- -D - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a a c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday January PM Lease Expires Wednesday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -A - C- C- -D - - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab f c c aa Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f c c aa Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap gateway pace com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway pace com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

What should i do if in command prompt it says my media state is disconnected? Can't connect to internet explorer through wireless network. Help ????

A:media state disconnected

You would not access the wireless device in the command prompt.
Now Go to Start/Run and type inetcpl.cpl and press enter/Connections/LAN Settings. Make sure all the boxes are unchecked. Now go to Start/Run and type ncpa.cpl and press enter. Right click the Local Area connection/Properties scroll down to Internet Protocol (TCP-IP)/Properties. Make sure Obtain an IP Address and DNS Server Address Automatically are both checked. Now go to Start/Run and type CMD and press enter. IN the Command Prompt type ipconfig /release and press enter. the IP Address changes to 0.0.0.0 Now type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter. Now type ipconfig /renew. Now type ipconfig /all. You should have a new IP address try it again. If you still cannot connect please include the text output of your ipconfig /all in your next post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/media-state-disconnected-656355.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello I am new to this forum .. I finally give up and need help. My os is windows vista premium service pack 2. using a Inspiron 1525 x86 based pc. I am unable to connect my media state is disconnected which I believe to be a poblem after researching for hours. I can't update drivers due to not being to get online minus my phone here Also I am unable to renew ip for when. I run ipconfig/all my ip routing is not enabled either. Hopefully with this information. someone out there can help me. Thanks in advance!

A:media state disconnected

"Media disconnected" could be a defective network adapter, or possibly a corrupted non-Windows firewall or security suite.

Is this ethernet, wireless or both?

Also try ...

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista and 7.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-state-disconnected.1005080/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a wireless network with two PC's. Recently my husband's laptop stopped being able to connect to the network. Mine still connects just fine. Nothing has changed so I don't know what caused it. When I do a release and renew it says Media State is disconnected. I did a system restore and that did not fix the problem. Any other ideas?

A:Media State Disconnected

what does device manager show, any warning signs there? start>type device manager>click the + sign next to network adapter..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/media-state-disconnected-552446.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi all

I'm having a problem with my NIC.
Its a Realtek TRL8139/810x Familiy

I'm not getting lights on the back of the card but i get a solid orange on the linksys switch for FD/Col. No green link lights.

IPCONFIG = media state disconnected.

I tried the winsock fix.
Reinstalled drivers.
Downloaded updated drivers.

Turned off the ms firewall
Reset it to default.

Device manager shows that it is functioning correctly.

What am i missing?
Thanks.

Relevancy 85.14%

Thank you for all help and suggestions Problem I have an Asus EEE HE that I wirelessly Disconnected? Media State connect to the internet with However I cannot connect to servers For example I cannot Media State Disconnected? update my Norton Liveupdate without it telling me to check my connection to the internet and I cannot finish an installation of MS Office Beta which needs to download installation files Despite my inability to connect to servers I can still surf the web download files and chat without any problem I am positive it is not my router because I encounter the problem at school at friend s house and even on my iphone- tethering a connection to my netbook Yet I cannot say it is entirly my wireless adapter because I encountered the same problem with a LAN connection The router that I use at home is a Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO Router F D - v Firmware Version Please help I am bald now but if I had any hair on my head I would pull it out in frustrtion Steps Taken Updated Win Updated wirless addapter drivers Uninstalled and reinstalled wirless addapter Divice Manager - no problems Even tried connecting via LAN Wire - got the same result Firewalls Norton Disabled Win Disabled Belkin Router Disabled Went to Network Connection Properties and disabled TCP IPv TCP IP Obtain IP Auto Obtain DNS Auto ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig flushdns Alas ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nosey-Nettybook Primary Dns Suffix should something be here Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR AR AR PCI-E Ethern et Controller NDIS Physical Address - - C- - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - - -FC- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday February AM Lease Expires Saturday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -D -E -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e e b f fdfa Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe e b f fdfa Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration ... Read more

Relevancy 84.28%

I can not invoke ipconfig /renew because of a message that media state is disconnected. I am trying to set up a linksys wireless 54 g card. any tips on how to resolve the media state disconnected issue. thanks joedakota

A:Solved: media state disconnected

media state: disconnected means that there is no link between router and PC. More often than not it's an ethernet card that is still enabled. If it's your wireless card, make sure that the card is connected to your network (router).

And lastly (and it's just for confirmation) your router is wireless?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-media-state-disconnected.570544/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hey I ve been reading solutions to this for hours now and i cant figure out what is going on with my computer Im using an old tower with XP SP Most if not all drivers are up to date I recently have come home from college where the computer connected to the internet through a cable and i now have to use wireless I went out and bought a Trendnet TEW- UB Wireless n adapter installed it and tried to connect Media State ..Disconnected Address IP 0.0.0.0 to my home network It has been going from acquiring network address Media State ..Disconnected IP Address 0.0.0.0 to no connection every ten seconds then repeating I am fairly sure that this is not the router because i am on my sisters desktop which Media State ..Disconnected IP Address 0.0.0.0 is a wireless connection and im on the Media State ..Disconnected IP Address 0.0.0.0 internet so far i have checked to make sure that WZC is enabled it is tried checking and unchecking the Use Windows to to configure my wireless network settings enabling and disabling my adapter reinstalling my adapter repairing connection disabling any and all firewalls ipconfig release ipoconfig renew netsh int ip reset reset log netsh winsock reset catalog lots of computer restarting and for good measure i pinged and ping not sure why but kinda frustrated so why not here s the cmd stuff Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Frost gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected C Documents and Settings Frost gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name kyle Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL PCI-E Gigabit E thernet NIC Physical Address - - F-E -E -B Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL PCI-E Gigabit E thernet NIC Physical Address - - F-E -E -B Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TRENDnet Wireless N USB Adapter Physical Address - -D -E - -F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server C Documents and Settings Frost gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Destination host unreachable Destination host unreachable Destination host unreachable Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Frost gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Destination host unreachable Destination host unreachable Destination host unreachable Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Frost gt any help at all would be freakin awesome Im going bonkers not being able to figure this one out Thanks in advance Hope im not wasting anyones time with this nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

Dear All I am in a pure state of horror by realising that my internet wireless is connected but not accessible Yes I have an HP PC and recently i downloaded Malwarebytes just to verify the computer is safe At first it was all good but then somewhat in searching i found this block Disconnected Media State Error: CMD bat and this has made my life a living CMD Error: Media State Disconnected hell I ran this block bat and from then on My Wifi is connected and it's not showing the yellow triangle at all This is happening here is the code of that bat file attrib -r WINDIR system drivers etc hosts SET NEWLINE amp echo FIND C I quot keystone mwbsys com quot WINDIR system drivers etc hosts IF ERRORLEVEL NEQ ECHO keystone mwbsys com gt gt WINDIR system drivers etc hosts FIND C I quot sirius mwbsys com quot WINDIR system drivers etc hosts IF ERRORLEVEL NEQ ECHO sirius mwbsys com gt gt WINDIR system drivers etc hosts FIND C I quot bactem mwbsys com quot WINDIR system drivers etc hosts IF ERRORLEVEL NEQ ECHO bactem mwbsys com gt gt CMD Error: Media State Disconnected WINDIR system drivers etc hosts attrib r WINDIR system drivers etc hosts taskkill exe f t im mbam exe I did Cmd code ipconfig all and this is the result Note this is of working network when it doesn't work it says Lenovo Easyplus Hotspot the operation can't be performed while the media is disconnected Windows IP Configuration Host Name Prashin Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List browsersecurity info Wireless LAN adapter Lenovo Easyplus Hotspot Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter Physical Address - -B - B- E- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description D-Link Wireless G DWA- USB Adapter Physical Address - -B - B- E- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ec ac d cf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday May PM Lease Expires Sunday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C-FE- - - - B-B -A - B- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - B-B -A - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Moreover For Your Information I have already tried the following steps so please suggest new ones Using CMD and resetting the TCP IP it says resetting is fail and access is denied used admin authorisation By resetting the Proxy server settings and Unchecking the VPN it's already unchecked Using netsh winsock and relative code but no avail Ran the PC in safe mode but still same I don't have any rd party firewall My router is working perfectly so don't doubt over that Please help me get out of here please

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/75056-cmd-error-media-state-disconnected.html
Relevancy 84.28%

My Media State has somehow become disconnected and I am trying to reconnect it. Can anyone walk me through the steps in order to complete this task? (MY DISC WILL NOT LOAD)

A:?Windows Media State disconnected?

huh? What has become disconnected? The Ethernet? Wireless? some other form of Lan adapter? What is the exact error message you are getting. This will help us in troubleshooting the issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-state-disconnected-527599.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I ve been having this problem for a couple of weeks now I cannot get on to the internet wireless and I cannot get the Media to say connected On the wireless connection it says it is connected sometimes and sometimes it has the yellow and says limited connectivity In the Command Prompt when I type ipconfig it says Media State online not Media State get can Disconnected Media Disconnected The router Media Disconnected State can not get online is working fine since we have another laptop that connects perfectly I have Verizon Wireless US Router is Westell D - W Dell Inspirion Dell Wireless WLAN PC card I connect wirelessly Not sure what other info you need Here is a little more info about what has been going on It all started after getting a Media Disconnected State can not get online virus I had the Win Rootkill and Win Trojan They are cleared out of the computer now I have reset the winsock and the ip config in the cmd prompt which has not worked Originally the Media Disconnected State can not get online IP adress was missing said but now it has one I do think that this is a problem though but am not sure It definitely is not the IP address that it use to use It has the other laptops IP adress I have no idea how to change that I also tried to ReInstall the TCP IP and it says it cannot find the driver Thank you for any help you can provide nbsp

A:Media Disconnected State can not get online

XP or Vista?

Let's see this as well.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-disconnected-state-can-not-get-online.718994/
Relevancy 84.28%

I'm trying to connect two computers to the internet. I'm using a Motorola SB4101 modem and a D-Link DI-514 router. When I input the ip address that the router manual tells me to do, it won't work. I called D-Link and they TRIED to guide me through the setup process, but they said that there's something wrong with my TCP/IP thingy. Sorry if I'm not explaining this correctly or using the correct words. I'm new at this router stuff. But I did plug the ethernet cables correctly. I'm just having problems seting up the router. Can someone help me with this media state disconnected IP problem?

A:Media State Disconnected IP problem

First things first...

If you dont have a configuration on there already (VPN or something special) i would say just reset the router. Their should be a small button on the back (or somewhere, RTFM) of the router. I would guess it is a press and hold until lights blink and then it should be reset.

After that, make sure that you have YOUR computer on the same subnet as the router's default subnet***. I.E. if the directions say to point your browser at 192.168.0.1 then you need to change the IP of your computer to something like 192.168.0.10 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. This will put your computer in the same subnet (or address block) as the router.

After you have reset the router, and put yourself in the subnet you should be able to access the router (via http).

*** Note: Some routers after they are reset will automatically enable DHCP for clients to get their IP address. If this is the case with yours... all you would need to do AFTER you reset the router: make sure your IP is set to obtain IP automatically. (Network Connections > Right click the adapter > properties > TCP/IP > properties > Obtain automatciall). If it already is then open up Run (under the Start menu) and type in CMD. Then type in ipconfig /release followed up with ipconfig /renew. This will re-acquire an address so you can access the router...

I hope that points you in the right direction. If you have any problems shoot me an email.

wis

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-state-disconnected-ip-problem.428333/
Relevancy 82.56%

I am trying to install a LINKSYS Router for file sharing/wireless, etc. Router is hooked to my pc on slot 2 and wireless to my laptop.

Both connect to the internet OK. Not able to establish a network connection however netween computers.

I did a ipconfig on the wireless laptop and got a "media disconneted state".

The LINKSYS instructions say "ensure that the network you are testing is NOT in a media disconnedted state".

What do I do here???

Thanks

A:Message: Media Disconnected State LYNKSYS Installation

If you have internet connection, then forget about the router - it is obviously working. Put the router manual away.

Your laptop probably has a wired connection too and that's what is "disconnected". But I'm sure you read the ipconfig output carefully and already noticed that

You haven't set up your computers correctly and you have to follow the instructions for whatever you want to achieve, whether is it file sharing or multiplayer games or whatever. Read The Friendly Manual (the software manual, not the router one).

Again, your network works - don't touch it, fix your computers/programs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/message-media-disconnected-state-lynksys-installation.47574/
Relevancy 81.7%

Teredo tunnel adapter media state disconnected in command prompt. When you run diagnostic from network sharing center in network adapters window the message comes up, problem with driver, windows couldn't automatically bind the ip protocol stack. I searched for 5 hours nothing worked installing, uninstalling, disabling, enabling, rebooting, windows help and support and on and on. Finally found the answer tried it and everything was perfect, here is the fix. Go to START then ALL PROGRAMS then ACCESSORIES then right click on COMMAND PROMPT open as ADMINISTRATOR type in ipconfig /all at the command line, it will show the network adapters as media state disconnected, next type in netsh wlan add filter allow ssid1 infrastructure thats it worked like a dream...here is where I found the information... netsh wlan add filter - Windows Seven - command GOODLUCK hope this works for everyone once and for all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387082-teredo-tunnel-adapter-media-state-disconnected-solution.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Does my media being disconnected pose a problem ?
I have never been able to figure out how to enable it properly.

Tunnel adapter isatap.tampabay.rr.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : tampabay.rr.com

Win7 Home Prem x64
Acer Aspire i3
Buffalo N wireless router

not sure what else may need to be known.

A:Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

I'm on Roadrunner as well and my tunnel adapter(s) has/have never been connected (I never bothered to investigate since I have no use for it anyways)
It has nothing to do with your "normal" cable connection.
-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/157610-media-state-media-disconnected.html
Relevancy 81.27%

So I have a wireless network setup on a Linksys router that I have a couple laptops hooked Media Media State.........: disconnected up to Well one of the laptops crashed recently and in going through some things in the garage I came across my old roommates HP PC So I hooked it up and got everything running but no internet whatsoever I ran Media State.........: Media disconnected an ethernet cable directly to the router from the PC but the light on the router isn t lighting up and I know it s not the cable as I hooked it directly up to my laptop amp it works I did an ipconfig and this is what comes up Windows IP Configuration Host Name your- f a e Primary Dns suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - -D -AA-C -BE So I m assuming by that mention of quot Media disconnected quot that it s something directly correlated to the actual hardware in the PC itself that might need to be looked at and or changed out Just a guess on my part though as I m completely dumbfounded Any advice out there Thanks ahead of time nbsp

A:Media State.........: Media disconnected

You're probably right.

Any lights on that card and do they come on? Make sure it is firmly in its slot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-state-media-disconnected.993811/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi,
i have hp 15-r007tx notebook and window 7 ultimate os. I have installed many drivers for wifi adapter - RT3290 802.11 b/g/n. It shows the available wifi networks.. but i am not able to connect to any network. Pls help.

Relevancy 80.84%

My laptop is unable to connect to my home wifi network after it had ip conflict last night. I tried network troubleshooting it and it always ask me to investigate the router. I tried to reset the modem a few times but my laptop still could not connect to it while my roommates and my phone could. Then I remove my wifi profile and attempt to connect back to the network. However, the same problem persist.My laptop model is Asus A43S and having Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1. Anyone who can help me on this? I'm currently using my roommate's laptop for Internet. Thanks

Relevancy 80.84%

Hi I've searched the web endlessly trying to solve this problem with one of my laptops - without any luck at all Hoping someone here is able to assist My main PC laptops an iPhone and an iPad all connect to my home wifi network All worked perfectly until days ago The laptops and my PC all run Windows all updated days ago my Toshiba own connect to wifi Unable to network Qosmio stopped Unable to connect to own wifi network being able to Unable to connect to own wifi network connect to my home network All other devices still connect perfectly The Qosmio doesn't detect my wifi network I immediately went to the network adapter's Qualcomm Atheros website and downloaded the latest driver Installed it and for a brief very brief time it could once again detect and connect to the network Last days unable to either detect or connect It detects other networks Unable to connect to own wifi network fine and has no problems connecting to any other network - except mine doesn't even detect mine anymore It connects to the iPhone when used as a hotspot without any issues I've uninstalled and re-installed the new driver re-booted the wireless router several times re-set the router to factory settings used Windows trouble shooter checked amp deleted the netsh profiles Re-booted the laptop a dozen times disabled amp uninstalled software for the laptop's Bluetooth It simply stopped working I've tried everything I can find on the web - without any success at all I've had the laptop sitting only a few cm from the router Not sure where else I can go with this now - it has quite defeated me If anyone has any suggestions please help Getting very very frustrated Thanks

A:Unable to connect to own wifi network

how does the LAN work is it connecting? Do you have Reserve IP for each of your devices on your router?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/54411-unable-connect-own-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Sir, I am facing problem with connectivity on WiFi... On available networks it always show can't connect to a network...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Unable-to-connect-to-any-WiFi-network-available/td-p/5847764
Relevancy 80.84%

Hey all!

Few days ago I got Acer V5-531. On this laptop, I can easily connect to wireless networks, but my home one. I could do it on my old laptop with no problems. How is it possible to solve this? It's getting quite annoying, especially knowing that this is the only network I can't connect to. In case with this network, it prompts password and then says "Unable to connect".

What have I tried

Air Mode is off
Updating/rolling drivers back
Resetting the router once (owned by neighbor, thus, I cant perform all maintenance on it)
router lights are on
pw is correct
wireless switch is on
What else can be done?
Thanks all!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/17915-unable-connect-certain-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Ok so here s my problem I bought a computer from someone networks - disconnected" "Media . .Media find WLAN can't state. ipconfig: on craigslist an Acer Aspire R with the NVIDIA WLAN can't find networks - ipconfig: "Media state. . .Media disconnected" ION chipset I WLAN can't find networks - ipconfig: "Media state. . .Media disconnected" just got ethernet working thanks to help in another thread that the seller of the computer created I have been searching for other people s work on solving this issue and tried their solutions These include but are not limited to -making sure tcp ip is enabled along with DHCP and DNS ip address config set to automatic -Installing various different driver versions for my WLAN adapter -Completely uninstalling all WLAN drivers and removing the files then letting Windows automatically install the drivers it finds this solved someone s problem No luck for me Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd va comcast net IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Click to expand When I search for available wireless networks none are found though I can sense multiple with my laptop The home network strength is strong excellent signal quality on laptop desktop is on the same desk When I attempt to repair the connection it hangs on the quot Connecting to the wireless network quot stage then says quot wireless network connection is not connected quot after it times out WLAN controller information Atheros AR EG wireless network adapter Let me know if you have any suggestions or need further clarification nbsp

A:WLAN can't find networks - ipconfig: "Media state. . .Media disconnected"

Oh, and the seller says that the wireless has never been tested, making me feel more like it may be a hardware problem.

Ok guys, fire away!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-cant-find-networks-ipconfig-media-state-media-disconnected.928216/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey guys i m having similar troubles here friends laptop is unable to connect to a network through wifi it will connect to internet but only through cable hookup i network to to wifi through a is connect laptop unable can locate my network but when laptop is unable to connect to a network through wifi i hit connect type in correct password it tries for say - seconds then says quot Windows was unable to connect to my network quot i know its not my router i have several things that can connect to my network without problems only this laptop seems to have a problem she has a ralink wifi adapter which is said to be notorious for going bad but i can neither conform or denai that i ll list what specs i know how to find and hopefully that will help any help from you all would be great also if you need me to post some data could you explain how to find it and the like thanks Specs Windows home premium service pack HP pavilion g notebook AMD A - M APU with radeon hd graphics GHz GB GB usuable RAM -bit operating system Network Adapter Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter Ralink RT b g n wifi adapter let me know what you think please nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

last day I resize the wifi in to network laptop my connect unable c partition boot partition today I try to connect wifi network but my laptop not show my wifi network via windows phone network sharing I shows all my problem in above picture I search in unable to connect wifi network in my laptop internet and find one solution that is quot only chance to upgrade os to solve quot please visit link - I receive Error code x whenever I try to use the - Microsoft Community what I unable to connect wifi network in my laptop do I not have any upgrade os dvd so l planned to download Windows Embedded Industry Pro in https www dreamspark com Product P x productid and burn in DVD My question is that DVD helps to upgrade my Windows home basic to Windows Embedded If yes how to upgrade If that DVD not helps to upgrade my os I planned to dual boot win and embedded win my question is after dual boot In windows I able to connect Wi-Fi say your solution for my problem I try sfc scannow I get following result what I do next

A:unable to connect wifi network in my laptop

For the fastest repair option, you could do a repair install.

Repair Install

You do not need to upgrade your OS to fix the issue.

When did this start happening?

Install any hardware or software recently?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/333446-unable-connect-wifi-network-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 79.12%

My laptop is inable to connect to internet via its own network card. The WiFi connects but shows no internet while im able to access the internet using a WiFi dongle. I have updated the drivers and even deleted and reinstalled the drivers but still issue didn't get resolved. The laptops own wifi is showing the networks just unable to get the internet and shows an error sign exclamation on the WiFi signal for the laptops wifi card while connects fine using the dongle

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-wifi-network-card-is-unable-to-connect-to-internet/td-p/5750730
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi,Laptop: HP 450OS: Windows 7 untimate 64 bit.Wireless chipset: Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi AdapterInstalled driver version: 5.0.45.0The laptop is showing different wireless network. However I cannot connect to any one of them. The error message is "Windows is unable to connect to"As far as I know, the correct driveris installed. The networks is being shown.Not sure what could be the problem. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank youAbdul

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/unable-to-connect-wifi-network-Ralink-RT3290-802-11bgn-Wi-Fi/td-p/5730398
Relevancy 78.26%

Woke up today and can't connect to any of two routers we have in the building. Still, every room- and home-mate using wi-fi as always - like I'm only one who got problem.
I'm pretty sure noone changed router settings, nor I installed something bad either.
I'm running Windows 7 on my Asus-P53S laptop with build-in Atheros AR9002WB adapter.

Can anyone help me? I've got less then 12 hours to finish my online project, really don't wanna miss it

A:Solved: From this morning - Windows was unable to connect to (My wifi network name)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-from-this-morning-windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-my-wifi-network-name.1141424/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello,

I've been having wifi problems, it won't let me connect to any wifi network and it also says media disconnected? Help?? I hace a dell xps late 2013 and windows 8.1

Thank you!

Relevancy 76.11%

Hello!

I recently bought an Acer Aspire laptop (18.4" monitor). I am having difficulty connecting to the internet with this computer, and perhaps someone here can help me out. Here is some information:

Network Adapter: WiFi Link 5100 AGN
Router: Verizon Wireless (Model Name: MI424-WR)

Wireless network connections are detected, and the connection is "strong". However, when I try to connect, it always fails. When I go to the command prompt, and type "ipconfig" I see "Media Disconnected". I know there is a wireless button on the Acer's, but this is automatically turned on during startup, so I know this is not the problem. For some reason, my router is just not connecting to my network adapter, and I am unsure how to resolve this problem. Thanks for any insight of this issue!

A:Media Disconnected (WiFi Link 5100 AGN)

Maybe perhaps my wireless router is just not compatible with a Windows 7 64-bit system...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/49737-media-disconnected-wifi-link-5100-agn.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello I have a problem with my wifi connection I have selected my IP address automatically and DNS server address automatically All devices are working Wifi disconnected Wireless media Solved: properly in Device Manager my wifi is on and I also tried ipconfig release and ipconfig renew Please help Here is my XP gt cmd gt ipconfig all also ipconfig release and renew Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Flory gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name florychan Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description SiS Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - -D - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe ff fed Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained Friday April PM Lease Expires Friday April PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - - -BD Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Solved: Wifi Wireless media disconnected Network Ad apter Physical Address - -AF-D - E- Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings Flory gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe ff fed Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Flory gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe ff fed Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address fe efe Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Flory gt nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

So here is the problem my desktop won't connect to the disconnected to Can't internet. connect media internet now Only the green LED on the NIC card will come on and it will only be on for a split second and then shut off for a few seconds On the gateway the LED will flash for a second when the green light flashes on the NIC I've tried the following Switching cables and ports on the gateway Windows system restore to a working date Fresh install of Vista x Bought a new NIC card and installed it Updating drivers of both NIC cards and rolling back Making sure the Can't connect to internet. media disconnected on board NIC card is enabled in Bios Ran in cmd netsh winsock reset Can't connect to internet. media disconnected netsh winsock reset catalog ipconfig renew ipconfig flush dns Here are the results of ipconfig all C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mom-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - A-A - - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e c c e aec Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday April Can't connect to internet. media disconnected PM Lease Expires Sunday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt Any help would be greatly appreciated I'm extremely frustrated since the computer worked fine at my dorm and now it wont work at home I'm actually about to go to a friends to see if i can connect over there Thanks Additional info Windows Vista Home premium x Dell Inspiron s Gateway Westell VersaLink Model W DSL connection Other computer plugged into the gateway works just fine EDIT Went to a friends house and was able to connect The gateway must be bad It is old though

A:Can't connect to internet. media disconnected

Hi welcome to the forum.
I noticed the post earlier but did not reply until testing completed at friends house.
Check the Gateway settings?
May require some updates?
Please have a look at the link to the Westell site for Model 327W.
Hope you will find the information available of some interest.
Thank you.
Westell - Westell VersaLink Application Notes Model 327W

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/288964-cant-connect-internet-media-disconnected.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I can't seem to connect to any network, nor reset my IP because I get a media disconnected message. Not only this, but my control panel will crash anytime I open it, can't open network and sharing center either. I'd post screenshots but I really don't know how as I have no internet connection on that computer. Help?

Relevancy 74.39%

I know this problem has been discussed before but I followed all the steps in the previous thread and it didn't work for me. I'm so confused. My wireless worked fine for months and now it doesnt. I connect for about 10 secs and then it disconnects me. While connecting it gets to waiting for network to be ready, where it stays for sometime and then it just stops trying to connect. Please can someone help me, i dont mind running through steps i've already tried if it helps, just please someone help me!

Thanks

Ru

A:Cmd Media disconnected, cannot connect to wireless!

Ok I realise now that I've put this in the wrong forum but I'm not sure how to move it so I'll carry on... I went into cmd and did ipconfig/all and it said was:
'ipcofig' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I then did ipconfig and got :
C:\Documents and Settings\Ru>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.3
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Can anyone help me? I'm not very computer savvy so you might need to walk me through the steps. Thanks

Ru

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cmd-media-disconnected-cannot-connect-to-wireless-269134.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello,
maybe you can help me. I have re-installed vista home basic on a machine that had home premium before. I cannot get online even though I am detecting networks at full strength.
Iconfig/all gives this:

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 73.53%

Hello My computer used to be able to connect to whatever router but a few months ago stopped working when I d take it out to places with can Error: connect router media to disconnected, not public wifi I can connect to the wifi at home through the Technicolor modem I rent from Time Warner Cable it is a modem with Error: media disconnected, can not connect to router wifi combo I recently purchased my own modem and separate router TWC raising prices and when I tried to connect the router my computer would not see it At first I did get the internet through it while wired then it wouldn t even let me get through at all I have a Lenovo G running Windows The new modem is an Arris SB and router is Belkin N Right now I am back on the Technicolor TWC modem because I couldn t get my computer to connect to the wifi when we switched it over It did connect to the net while wired to the modem When I try to release and renew the IP I get this message No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected An error occurred while releasing interface Ethernet An address has not yet been associated with the network endpoint No operation can be performed on Wi-Fi while it has its media disconnected ----------- I have tried turning the computer modem router on and off many many times I have done the reset winsock catalog Any ideas on how to fix this Or why I can connect to wifi in the Technicolor modem router just fine but not the Belkin or anything outside like say at a coffee shop or library Here is a log from when I do ipconfig all C Users BlueMonday gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name BlueMonday Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - - - A- -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address A- - -F - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description The Broadcom Network Adapter provides wireless local area networking Physical Address - - -F - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e Preferred Lease Obtained Thursday January PM Lease Expires Friday January PM IPv Address e af b b c e Preferred Temporary IPv Address e c b e e b d Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe af b b c e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday January PM Lease Expires Friday January PM Default Gateway fe b c ff fe d DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B-D - - - - - - A- -A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb f f bcf de Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe f f bcf de Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B-D - - - - - - A- -A NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap E FBC - CB- BDA- - C CCA B B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Is it OK to post all of that or should I edit some stuff out nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-media-disconnected-can-not-connect-to-router.1165178/
Relevancy 73.53%

This is my nd computer attempting some simple backups onto Network drives that were always present All of a sudden network drives were no longer present Troubleshooting for hours Tried everything found at Microsoft My IP address shows MEDIA DISCONNECTED Tried all the troubleshooting I could locate but all the cmd prompts showed FAIL or ERROR Didn't believe this to be Virus Trojan etc but then Media unable popups to backup, disconnected, the Popups started Even popups that begin at a system restart -- gt talking about a browser home page change I am lost Please help the only way to access those drives Media disconnected, unable to backup, popups is thru the router home network All I did last night was install MEDIA MONKEY from download com But I uninstalled it after the problem arose with Revo PRO But now WinPatrol shows that MediaMonkey is still trying to replace ownership of AVI from Media Player Please help DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by David at on - - Microsoft Windows Pro GMT - AV Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- Media disconnected, unable to backup, popups fae- E -DA C Media disconnected, unable to backup, popups ACF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k RPCSS C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C WINDOWS system dwm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS System spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Samsung AllShare Framework DMS AllShareFrameworkManagerDMS exe C Program Files Samsung AllShare Framework DMS AllShareFrameworkDMS exe C WINDOWS system dashost exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung Link Samsung Link exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung Link Samsung Link exe C Program Files x Western Digital WD Drive Manager WDDriveService exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C Program Files x Western Digital WD SmartWare WDBackupEngine exe C WINDOWS system taskhostex exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS system taskeng exe C WINDOWS system taskeng exe C Program Files x Glary Utilities Integrator exe C Program Files WindowsApps microsoft windowscommunicationsapps x wekyb d bbwe LiveComm exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C WINDOWS system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung Link Samsung Link Tray Agent exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files x BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit mbae exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS servicing TrustedInstaller exe C WINDOWS winsxs amd microsoft-windows-servicingstack bf ad e none e f e TiWorker exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System RuntimeBroker exe C WINDOWS System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp bing com BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll uRun WinPatrol C Program Files x BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe -expressboot mRun SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files x Co... Read more

A:Media disconnected, unable to backup, popups

Thanking you in advance, 

Just because I have had problems before...

Let me share what I have found.

RogueKiller V8.7.1 [Oct  3 2013] by Tigzy
mail : tigzyRK<at>gmail<dot>com
Blog : http://tigzyrk.blogspot.com/
Operating System : Windows 8 (6.2.9200 ) 64 bits version
Started in : Normal mode
User : David [Admin rights]
Mode : Remove -- Date : 10/07/2013 15:41:10
| ARK || FAK || MBR |
¤¤¤ Bad processes : 0 ¤¤¤
¤¤¤ Registry Entries : 2 ¤¤¤
[HJ POL][PUM] HKLM\[...]\System : DisableRegistryTools (0) -> DELETED
[HJ POL][PUM] HKLM\[...]\Wow6432Node\[...]\System : DisableRegistryTools (0) -> [0x2] The system cannot find the file specified.
¤¤¤ Scheduled tasks : 0 ¤¤¤
¤¤¤ Startup Entries : 0 ¤¤¤
¤¤¤ Web browsers : 0 ¤¤¤
¤¤¤ Particular Files / Folders: ¤¤¤
¤¤¤ Driver : [NOT LOADED 0x0] ¤¤¤
¤¤¤ External Hives: ¤¤¤
¤¤¤ Infection :  ¤¤¤
¤¤¤ HOSTS File: ¤¤¤
--> %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

127.0.0.1       localhost

¤¤¤ MBR Check: ¤¤¤
+++++ PhysicalDrive0: (\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0 @ IDE) (Standard disk drives) - TOSHIBA MK5075GSX +++++
--- User ---
[MBR] ac6add55f153460bcea7f45ce16f6c12
[BSP] 1ee518b888b7b7ed9326671531ee5f43 : Windows Vista MBR Code
Partition table:
0 - [ACTIVE] ACER (0x27) [VISIBLE] Offset (sectors): 2048 | Size: 1500 Mo
1 - [XXXXXX] NTFS (0x07) [VISIBLE] Offset (sectors): 3074048 | Size: 362366 Mo
2 - [XXXXXX] EXTEN-LBA (0x0f) [VISIBLE] Offset (sectors): 745199616 | Size: 100000 Mo
3 - [XXXXXX] NTFS (0x17) [HIDDEN!] Offset (sectors): 949999616 | Size: 13073 Mo
User = LL1 ... OK!
User = LL2 ... OK!
Finished : << RKreport[0]_D_10072013_154110.txt >>
RKreport[0]_S_10072013_154029.txt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510156/media-disconnected-unable-to-backup-popups/
Relevancy 73.1%

I am using an HP compaq p with windows xp My wireless adapter is Intel Wireless Wifi Link AGN I moved to a new house so am using a new wireless for the first time My laptop detects the wireless and other wireless connections nearby but will not connect My iphone is connected to the wireless and the wired connection to my laptop is fine So the problem is my laptop When I try to renew ip this is the message I get C Documents and Settings user gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media disconnected Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected C Documents and Settings user gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Wireless Network can't ip wireless won't media disconnected, address need connect, help! because renew Connection while it has its media disconnected Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected This is a list of some things I have tried to fix it I have rebooted after each attempt none have worked uninstalled just the wireless network adapter uninstalling all adapters Restarted Wireless Zero Configuration Unclicked internet connection sharing on Local Area Connection Reset TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ip reset reset log Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock reset catalog downloaded Wifi Link AGN from intel website and reinstalled it Please can anyone help me nbsp

A:wireless won't connect, can't renew ip address because media disconnected, need help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-wont-connect-cant-renew-ip-address-because-media-disconnected-need-help.1052403/
Relevancy 73.1%

HELP PLEASE. cant connect to ONE webpage..ipconfig fails, says media disconnected..

i cant access ONE website, i NEED to get on..
i tryed resetting my ip adress..
i tryed everything it says but then at the end it says media disconnected...

A:HELP PLEASE. cant connect to ONE webpage..ipconfig fails, says media disconnected..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-cant-connect-to-one-webpage-ipconfig-fails-says-media-disconnected.1106820/
Relevancy 72.24%

i have a wireless adapter that is having problems renewing the IP address and to do this my computer says that i cannot perform the desired operation while my media state is disconnected. If anyone could help me please let me know if you need any additional information please let me know

A:how do you connect media state

It sounds like you aren't connected to the wireless AP (Access Point), which would explain why it can't renew the IP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-you-connect-media-state-220399.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi says disconnected wierdness. Wireless connect but on secured to can unsecured media For days now I have battled this problem and have had no joy I can connect to unsecured networks fine but when I try to connect to a secured network I fail ipconfig all shows the media as disconnected even though it isn t and if I try to connect again to an unsecured network it works fine If I use a cable straight into the access point everything works fine other laptops in the house work fine as well I have an HP pavilion laptop zd zd ea to be precise running XP I am using a wireless usb dongle which is a kcorp kls- I have posted the ipconfig all text below Wireless wierdness. can connect to unsecured but says media disconnected on secured I have the password for the secured network this problem has happened in various locations and my laptop is Wireless wierdness. can connect to unsecured but says media disconnected on secured the only common denominator I am sure it is to Wireless wierdness. can connect to unsecured but says media disconnected on secured blame Many thanks for your help G Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp CONNECTION TO UNSECURED NETWORK C Documents and Settings G gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name L Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Wireless g USB Adapter Physical Address - - B-D -EF-BF Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February CONNECTION TO THE SECURED NERTWORK C Documents and Settings G gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name L Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Wireless g USB Adapter Physical Address - - B-D -EF-BF CONNECTION TO THE SECURED NETWORK USING A CABLE C Documents and Settings G gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name L Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List SE Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix SE Description Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethe rnet NIC Physical Address -C - F- -B -D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained February Lease Expires March Thanks again G nbsp

A:Wireless wierdness. can connect to unsecured but says media disconnected on secured

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-wierdness-can-connect-to-unsecured-but-says-media-disconnected-on-secured.688155/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey tech support guy, I need help
I replace my computer tower with my brothers old one so I tried to set it up
But then when I tried to connect to my wireless, it keeps saying my password is wrong, but it's right because
It works with other computers in my house, then after tinkering around it said something
Was wrong with my ip connection, when I check my ip config it says for everything, media disconnected.
I spent 2 hours google
Searching and trying out the ideas people said on forums, but no luck.
I really need help

Thanks for listening, can you help me?

A:Can't connect to wireless router, checked ipconfig media disconnected

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-wireless-router-checked-ipconfig-media-disconnected.1144331/
Relevancy 71.38%

Win XP

Hi Guys

Im Currently at university, and am trying to connect to the UNIVERSITY internet but I require my ip address.

Iv tried ipconfig/all but no hope,also reinstalled windows, and network adpater driver. But seem to be getting the same problem.

Network connection is enabled but has a mini red cross nxt to it. Network unplugged.

I have used the same computer at home with a router and it worked fine.

Ipconfig/All indicates:

Node Type:............. Broadcast
IP routing enabled ..........No
wins proxy enabled..........No

Media State...............Media Disconnected
Physical Address.........00-00-00-00-08-C0

Pls can anyone asap assist me on this, its driving me crazy. thanks

Relevancy 71.38%

Hi I ve a problem with my network Last night I did a ipconfig release before I shut down my computer power Disconnected Media Network - Problem bar to change my IP address My provider uses Network Problem - Media Disconnected a dynamic system Network Problem - Media Disconnected This morning I started everything back up and noticed the PC Activity light wasn t working I then went to my ipconfig all to see whats up and it gave me the wonderful quot No operation can be preformed on local area connection while it has its media disconnected quot message Just for the helva it I did try renew same message just incase someone suggests it I do have a red X on my network right now and I ve tried reinstalling deleting the drivers Google searched that error line and nothing much helped since most of the forums were for wireless problems I ve shut down the computer disconnected everything reconnected it rebooted double checked my networking lines make sure everything is working Not sure if anyones heard of this problem before Edit Should add I have no firewalls or routers setup its a hard line The network is connected to my motherboard which shouldnt be burned out since theres no reason for it to be New setup about days old now Just need to find out how to reconnect after doing the release command from and over night sleep nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

hi need help regarding my wifi connection i ve been using this connection before and don t have any problems with then suddenly i just cant connect i ve done some troubleshooting reset my router remove and add my wireless connections but still nothing has changed i checked wireless disconnected (LAN) network media - connection the ipconfig and this is what it shows Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nila-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter Globe Broadband - Prepaid Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Globe Broadband - Prepaid Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address AC- - - - -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address AC- - - - -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R wireless network connection (LAN) - media disconnected Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address AC- - - - -AF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain name Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Fast E thernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - F- -AA-C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS wireless network connection (LAN) - media disconnected Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CAB DF -A F wireless network connection (LAN) - media disconnected - AD - C - AF EBF D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C A -FF - A- - DCDCB E CD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FCD B E-CF - C - E C- FF DAD BE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface DCE- B - -B BB- F BDE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap domain name Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap ADC C F-F B- - D-C F F AACEF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb cf ba f f Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe cf ba f f Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Windows system gt im using windows home edition tnx nbsp

A:wireless network connection (LAN) - media disconnected

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect. If unsuccessful, exactly what happened when you tried to connect?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-lan-media-disconnected.1127086/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have an Asus EeePC with Windows XP. My network stopped working in the middle of downloading some pictures. The computer told me I was low on resources at one point. So, I deleted some programs and files I no longer need. Then, I continued downloading. Everything was fine until the downloading stopped and the network showed that it was disconnected. I searched for available wireless networks to reconnect and it showed none available. Every other computer in my house is working fine with the wireless connection. I checked the network card and everything seems to be working fine. It just continually shows me that their is no connection. When I ran a wizard I got the message "Network connection status: media disconnected". Please help! Thank you.

A:Network connection status: media disconnected

how much free space do you have on the C: drive

can we see the following ipconfig /all and xirrus screen shot
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-status-media-disconnected.1029348/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello, I downloaded some malware and tried to remove it with Malwarebytes, and it seemed to have worked except that now I get this problem of not being able to connect to the Internet although I'm clearly connected. When I tried to release and renew the IP address I get the error that the media is disconnected. Thank you so much in advance

A:Media disconnected and no Internet though connected to wireless network

I'm about to do a fresh install of the OS, so if there's any of you who wants to help me, it's gonna need to be done pretty soon! I'm on my wits end!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596217/media-disconnected-and-no-internet-though-connected-to-wireless-network/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi All and thanks for your help before hand I am running Windows Vista Service Pack on a Sony Vaio VGN-FW E Wireless adapter Intel R WiFi Link AGN Yesterday My laptop froze so I did a hard reboot shutting it down via power button When the machine came back on it was displaying unidentified Network on my Network Map and Access Local Only Access - - Local disconnected Network Unientified Media I have trawled through various threads and conducted netsh calalog cmd s repaired the registry with a tool from softpedia ect All of these attempts have been unsuccessful I have copied the Log from the CMD ipconfig all I really Unientified Network - Local Access - Media disconnected hope I can get this fixed without having to take it to pc worl or somewhere like that Thanks for all your help guys and galls Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Point Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB- -F -CC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b e f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - F- - - D-BA- - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - D-BA-B -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F - F B- - CA- D CB br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EC Unientified Network - Local Access - Media disconnected D -F ED- C- D-CD E br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Unientified Network - Local Access - Media disconnected

First thing is to do a system restore because most registry tools are going to doof the system. So first things first do a system restore to before the registry tool was used. Then report the results please

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/268963-unientified-network-local-access-media-disconnected.html
Relevancy 69.23%

HI I had implemented x in a lab I notice that If the User Password is expire or user account is locked the users will no State Network WMI get How by Media to longer get a prompte telling them that the password is expire or that the account was locked out but insted they will login using Cached credentials and this is because Windows Client wont be able to reach the network as its no longer authenticated Network access will be limitd and the user wont be able to access anything if the user click on the network icon they will notice that its quot Authentication Failure quot I wana do a small script that will read this status and show the user and error asking them to call the helpdesk but I dont wana use Netsh lan show int I want to use WMI to get the Network Media Status which class should I use I search alot but did not find any nbsp I need to get the media status

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/57dbd9d3-50e0-42bc-91dc-e24053f3db23/how-to-get-network-media-state-by-wmi?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a HP Notebook 15. I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it. I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. What should I try next?

A:Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-find-Wifi-adapter-Cannot-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5590193
Relevancy 68.37%

I have searched in this forum for a solution a few different ones came up and all with similar yet different Wireless Media Ethernet Disconnected adapter connection [SOLVED] Network problems [SOLVED] Ethernet adapter Wireless Network connection Media Disconnected Soooooooo I am posting this thread with my info I have an Eee Pc H XP SP and when I did an ipconfig all this is what it returned Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Aracely gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MiniMe Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - - - F- B-C Ethernet adapter LAN Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver Physical Address - - -AE- - B C Documents and Settings Aracely gt thanks for your assistance in advance EDIT - I have actually tried to do a TCP IP stack repair options for Windows XP with SP with no avail

A:[SOLVED] Ethernet adapter Wireless Network connection Media Disconnected

Firmware is updated and restarted router and nothing. It is only with the Eee PC Netbook. My other two laptops are working fine.

I have viewed system events and I have a network error: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-ethernet-adapter-wireless-network-connection-media-disconnected-527942.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I'm running 8.1. In some hotels I access their wifi and the icon says connected, but its not. No splash screen or anything. Other hotels and places I connect without any trouble when the icon says connected. What can I do? I deleted previous connections
that I will not use again.

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c54b3d8-8db7-4c83-8310-26720ff69f46/unable-to-connect-in-some-hotels-even-though-the-wifi-icon-says-connected-but-can-connect-fine-in?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, I hope someone can shed some light...

When XP detects that a network cable is unplugged, it automatically drops all protocols bound to the network adapter.

I don't want this to happen. There is an article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/239924

This advises that editing the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

Add the following registry entry to the Parameters subkey:
Name: DisableDHCPMediaSense
Data type: REG_DWORD (Boolean)
Value: 1

Should disble media sensing, and resolve my problem. The thing is, I have added the registry entry and rebooting a dozen times, to no avail.

XP still immediately detects a removed cable and unbundles the stacks.

Any help resolving this would be GREATLY appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-network-media-state-detection-249859.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi 
Please assistance with this unfortunate case. I have a BRAND NEW dell inspiron 13, 7000 series. Had not been in use for more than 3 days... 
I have problems connecting with the WIFI (although all other devices in my apartment connect smoothly to the router). WIFI button does not turn, switch refuses to move to ON. Red X on the wifi network at the right hand bottom corner... 
I have read some articles suggesting to go the device manager, network adapter and update driver, but when I expand network adapter I only have 2 Bluetooth devices listed. Nothing about WIFI.... please HELP!! 
Second issue - tried to reboot several times as the laptop did connect to the internet for 2 minutes on reboot. All times, reboot fails and I get the following message: Driver Power State Failure. 
Please, I hope you can help me with this awful experience with Dell laptop. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989164
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello guys,
i'm new here and Im really desperate for your help!
As i stated,when I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden.The really annoying thing though is tha i can connect via my smartphone without any problem.
Do you have any suggestions? Im using Vista if that matters.

A:When I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-try-to-connect-to-my-wifi-it-says-unable-to-connect-because-it-is-hidden.1131695/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am having trouble connecting to any websites through wifi. I have connected to the wifi and used CMD to ping google.com and i get no errors but when i open my browser and try it it says "? Make sure the web address Google is correct ? look for the page with your search engine ? Refresh the page in a few minutes. " all of which i have done i then proceeded to click the Fix connection problems button and i get an alert saying nothing could be found. How do i fix it?

A:Unable to connect through wifi

Which web browser are you using? If you are using internet explorer, do a reset by going to tools, internet options, advanced, reset, ok, then start browser again. Make sure there are no proxies set that would interfere.

Also check any security software or antivirus, they can cause this problem many times.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388206-unable-connect-through-wifi.html
Relevancy 64.07%

(My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium)I have had this laptop since 2011 and somewhere in 2012 I think I somehow deleted the ralink WiFi adapter.I haven't been able to use WiFi since then.I got on the HP Recovery Manager and reinstalled the drivers and it alerted me that Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter was unable to reinstall.So I looked it up and downloaded it on this website and it saved in a folder called c:\SWSetup\SP56942But after that nothing happens.Can anyone help me out?

A:Unable to connect to WiFi?

Hi: If your notebook is missing the wireless card driver, there should be a device listed in the device manager under an Other Devices category named Network Controller. Please post the hardware ID for the network controller device so I can figure out what driver it needs. To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on the Network Controller device. Then click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window. Now you will see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description. Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's). Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5668631
Relevancy 64.07%

Ok so I am working at a friend's house and I have run into a debacle. He needs his wireless adapter to be in a new room with better reception for the house. There are two Wall ports let's say port A and port B. He used to be in port A but wants to move to Port B. When hard connected to either port the internet works fine as well as generates the same IP, DNS, and gateway settings. When I connect Wireless however only port A connects to the internet. Port B will not connect to the internet even though the IP, DNS, and gateway are still the same when I check the wireless ipconfig. Any ideas. I have tried renewing, refreshing, flushing dns cache, making sure his ipv4 is automatic.

A:Wifi unable to connect to DNS

Are these ports connected to a router - whats the make and model of the router
Does if have two fixed IP address OR perhaps the DNS is set to 2 only

can we see an ipconfig /all please
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-unable-to-connect-to-dns.1127057/
Relevancy 64.07%

hello! I really need help After reinstalling my Windows I can not connect to wifi. I can see connection but it is impossible to connect to it. Windows writes me :Windows is unable to connect to wifi. I tried a lot of advice from the internet but it did not work.
Thank you for any help

Relevancy 64.07%

Hello First via connect - WiFi Unable to im using -PLANET USB WLAN Stick WL-U L - The router which is causing my headache is Unable to connect - via WiFi ThomsonST - SpeedTouch - OS is Windows bit So here goes the problem - I connect Unable to connect - via WiFi normally to the router with my wifi stick - its around - signal Im on internet - everything s fine But suddenly it just Disconnects me Says - No Internet Access I cant go to internet nor access the router configuration - basically disconnected I try to connect again and then it says quot Unable to connect quot For absolutely no reason It keeps saying unable to connect for mins - mins - mins - minutes Completely random And then suddenly I can connect again What I noted is that - When I survey via Win default connection panel - after my problem occured - after it says unable to connect the router disappears for lets say - secs and then i can see it again but same problem - cant connect for random time What I tried so far is Updating my Windows Tried it on XP via WiFi - same it wont connect just on XP it says that connection is no longer in range Changed the channel on which router works Tried connecting with my integrated wifi card in laptop - same thing Please guys its very important for me to fix this so if you could help me Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

I've bought this HP Notebook 14-ac144TU P3U54PA and have no idea to connect to wifi. Please let me know which drivers I have to install and what I have to do to enable my laptop connect to wifi?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-connect-wifi/td-p/5655795
Relevancy 64.07%

5/2013 purchased hp 2000 10/2013 personal info was hacked by $ lender scam personal settings then chrome's home page was changed laptop slowed down called hp support explained situation was told shut off computer and it would need repairs had no $ so let it sit few weeks ago gave laptop to my brothers tech guy he uses for his business he said windows 8 needed to be uninstalled close door that was used and I should close my accounts now the unit wont connect to home wifi but all other computers here work fine except mine

A:unable connect wifi

has windows 8 now been completely re-installed ?

can you connect to the router with a cable and does it work that way

is it a desktop or laptop ?
Check the wireless is switched ON
theres often a physical switch or a combination of the FN and one of the F keys to toggle the wireless on/off
often F2 is used - but note , not always - look for a symbol that looks a little like (( i ))

is the wireless on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-connect-wifi.1120555/
Relevancy 64.07%

So My laptop turned off last night then when I opened it in the morning I automatically fixed it coz its recommended then my laptop is not genuine anymore and theres a yellow triangle with an exlamation point in it in my wifi icon.It is connected but The wifi doesn't work. Pls help me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Unable-to-connect/td-p/5631071
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

I am using a Nokia Siemens router. Using two laptops one with Vista and another with XP-SP3. My laptop is Acer and my wifes is HCL. And now the issue is that after i set the Security for network with WPA-PSK. My wifes laptop detects and tries to Connect with the network but finally it fails. I tried some possible steps and it didnt work. My Vista Laptop works fine after i delete the old access point.

Can Someone help me to fix this ?

A:Unable to connect thru wifi

She's using the same Network SSID and WPA-PSK security and algorithms and shared key?

The router is set to allow ALL MAC access (not block by MAC)?

The router is set for multiple access (usually a 50 address range)?

The wireless network mode is set compliant with her mode (G, B)?

I'm just rambling off everything I can think of.

:)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-connect-thru-wifi-531566.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi

I am having 3rd generation Ipod Touch..In that i can able to connect with wifi...Only skype is connecting through wifi and no other applications are connecting through wifi...

Can you guys please tell me what i can do with that...otherwise can i configure proxy for that wireless connection and connect to that network somehow...

Please guys help me on this.....

advance thanks for you...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-wifi.1076029/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

I am using a Nokia Siemens router. Using two laptops one with Vista and another with XP-SP3. My laptop is Acer and my wifes is HCL. And now the issue is that after i set the Security for network with WPA-PSK. My wifes laptop detects and tries to Connect with the network but finally it fails. I tried some possible steps and it didnt work.

Can Someone help me to fix this ?

A:Unable to connect thru wifi

it may be that the hardware in the HCL PC does not support WPA-PSK - depending on how old - but also may just need a driver update

Whats the exact make and model of the HCL - see if a later driver is available from the manufacturers website

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-thru-wifi.965055/
Relevancy 64.07%

hi friends i have the problem i cannot access my laptop to the wifi my laptop is intel r atom tm cpu n270 1.60ghz plz help

A:unable to connect wifi

Please post a  MiniToolBox log, so we can see the specs of your computer. Also this seems like a network issue, and a MOD may want to move it to the appropriate category.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494790/unable-to-connect-wifi/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi there,

My neighbour has a problem which I've tried to help with, but have to say am stumped....

He is running a cable modem into a wireless router (Belkin), but since changing ink cartridges on the printer (maybe a coincidence) has lost his internet connection.

The PC (desktop running Xp) connects to the network, but there is no internet connection. I've been there with my laptop and all is well.

It also seems that every time you try to do something with network connections etc, the PC freezes the window/app and you have to reboot/log off and on.

I've never seen this before, but am thiniking pehaps the network card is done for.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
BJB

A:Unable to connect to Net via WiFi

Can't think of any reason changing the ink cartridges should effect the internet connection.

If I understand the problem:

Cable Modem --------> Belkin Router ---------> Desktop
No internet connection for the desktop.

Are you sure the Desktop is connecting to the Belkin? Can he access the Belkin's user interface from the desktop? If he can acccess the Belkin, then the card and cable is probably OK.

Did he try connecting directly to the cable modem to see if that works?

If you connected wireless, try connecting your laptop by the same ethernet cable to see if that works?

Could you supply the followong information for the desktop?

Taken from a JohnWill post.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

Note that there is a space before the -n or the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the - or / in the following commands.

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-net-via-wifi.874471/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey. Can anyone help me with this? Changed my wifi name and password. After that I`m unable to type the password. After clicking connect it loads for a while showing "checking network requirements" and it ends with "cant connect to this network". Password box does not even show up!

A:my PC is unable to connect to wifi

Hi, if you right click on the network that you're trying to connect to is there a "forget network" option or anything similar? If so click it and forget the network, then it will prompt you for the new password when you try to connect after forgetting it

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/29224-my-pc-unable-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,

Hope you are all doing good. From past few days I am not able to connect to any wireless networks on my laptop which is running windows 7 64-bit. I didn't change/install anything, it stopped working suddenly. I was able to connect to LAN and it's working perfectly fine. All other devices (phones and others computers) are able to connect to my Wi-Fi networks. I tried many things like re-installing my Wi-Fi adapter drivers, reset my router, clearing the Wi-Fi networks and adding them, many reboots, and few steps like clearing DNS and other settings as per the instructions on the Microsoft website. Can you please review and advise a good solution. Please let me know if you need any further info.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks,
Nikhil.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400453-unable-connect-wifi-but-able-connect-lan.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I hope that this is the correct location to post this issue Connect to on Wifi Unable to Devices All and that this request for assistance finds you in good Unable to Connect to Wifi on All Devices health The core issue in my home is that I cannot connect to the WiFi router an all-in-one modem Unable to Connect to Wifi on All Devices router provided by my ISP The brand is Arris if that helps ascertain what I m talking about Now I run an Ethernet cord from the router to my computer the computer works just fine As of a day ago though none of the home s Apple devices will connect to the network despite reboots password retypes and shouting at them Each device two phones and an ipad can identify my network but they cannot join Additionally there is an old laptop that cannot connect anymore Here s the wrinkle as near as I can see it The Nexus connects just fine via the WiFi and it has not needed to reboot or to have the password retyped The aforementioned devices have suddenly stopped working and despite searching these and other forums my Google-fu has not yielded any answer to this particular question AFAIK I have seen others post this information so though I m not sure it s relevant I ll provide it just in case Thank you for your time and attention in this matter whatever you feel that you can and have spared Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ghidra Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd tn comcast net Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address D -A - E- -FE-EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tn comcast net Description Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address D - - - - B- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d bdc e c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -AE- A-C - C- - E- B- C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tn comcast net Description Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address C - C- - E- B- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fb c e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -AE- A-C - C- - E- B- C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C BA - - CAE-AC - F F B F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c c bbca d dc Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c c bbca d dc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap hsd tn comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tn comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi was wondering if anyone could help me out on this My Toshiba Satellite L recently stopped to wifi Unable connect Solved: to connecting to my WiFi it will connect with the Ethernet cable hooked to it I don t know what it could be my i pad connects to WiFi with no problem and i use bell fibreop and have a wireless tv that is connected to WiFi no problems i don t know much about ant of this any help please PS I did do a system rest and wiped it all back to factory thinking that would fix it but i had no luck as it still don t work Have a couple logs here if someone could please look at thanks so much Windows IP Configuration Host Name Tasha-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC Physical Address - C- F- B-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac aeac bc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February AM Lease Expires Friday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C- D- -B - -EB- - - E- DNS Servers NetBIOS Solved: Unable to connect to wifi over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address -EB- - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap ECA - FF- D - E - DC F E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d Solved: Unable to connect to wifi abd a ba f fdf Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe a ba f fdf Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Interface List c f b e Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC eb e Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None IPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Solved: Unable to connect to wifi Destination Gateway On-link On-link On-link d abd a ba f fdf On-link fe On-link fe On-link fe a ba f fdf On-link fe ac aeac bc On-link ff On-link ff On-link ff On-link Persistent Routes None I don t know if any of that will help or if you need more info nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi

I have installed a TP Link W8960N router and it is working fine using the ethernet cable. I have installed a realtek 11n USB adapter but cannot get it to connect to the router.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software and whereas previously today it found my router (but wouldn't connect it says not associated) when I search now it doesnt even come up!

Windows device manager says the adpater is working properly

When installing router and adapter I set them both to WPA2 and used the same passkey.
I am using Windows 7

Please can someone advise

thanks

Relevancy 63.64%

Ever since I got internet home service with Charter, I have been unable to connect to public hotspots. or rather I can connect for about 15 sec, and then my computer automatically disconnects. This never happened when I had home service with Verizon. Is there a setting that needs to be changed on my HP?

A:unable to connect to public wifi

Do you actually get connected and are able to see a web page at a public hotspot? Have you made SURE your firewall is properly configured to allow you to connect to the hotspot? Perhaps you've restricted the connection to a specific IP address subnet?
Let's see this when you're at home, and again when you try to connect to a public hotspot.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-public-wifi.864330/
Relevancy 63.64%

PLEASE TELL ME THE HOW TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM   " WINDOWS UNABLE TO CONNECT WIFI" IN hP15 R062TU NOTEBOOK PC INSTALLED WITH WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 BIT OS.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WINDOWS-UNABLE-TO-CONNECT-WIFI/td-p/5703974
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello geeks,
I am enable to connect my organization AD USER wifi on new DELL lattitude E5470 laptop. (OS Win 7 Ent)
But other series laptop connected properly we have reinstall the OS on new laptop also drivers are updated . other SSID are working fine with this laptop like GUEST and SECURE but when we tried to configure manually every time we unchecked the server validatate
certificate mark then it will connect but when we log off the computer its again dissconnected and not able to connect automatically.
We have used 3 AD user credentials every user got same issue with this new laptop .:(
Some times manually also not configured our local NOC team is also checked from access point level but mo luck they said we have created same settings for all series laptop so dont know how to resolve this issue ....
Need your help 
Thanks in advance !!!
Regards 
Siddhesh R

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fa8c9fc4-59f5-45b1-97c5-3df001e18e7c/unable-to-connect-aduser-wifi?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello nbsp My laptop has recently had the issue of not being able to connect to a wireless point nbsp The issue nbsp When I boot my laptop everything works fine for about a minute then my laptop tells me that the current access point is connected but has no internet after about another minute it doesn't detect any wireless points and wifi to Laptop connect to unable the whole system crashes Laptop unable to connect to wifi nbsp What Laptop unable to connect to wifi I've tried nbsp Waiting for my laptop to respond - It only responded once which I rebooted and the problem still persists Refreshing nbsp my laptop - The problem still persists Tethering my phone to my laptop - this works fine and I'm able to get consistent connections my laptop also doesn't drop out from the access pointsRan a wireless troubleshoot - Which helped somewhat error code at the foot of this post Updating my drivers - Problem still persitsWhat do you advise me to do nbsp Error message from network diagnostics nbsp The Broadcom BCM bgn Wi-Fi Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problemsThe Broadcom BCM bgn Wi-Fi Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems Not fixed Not Fixed The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Failed A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be brokenA network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken Not fixed Not Fixed Plug an Ethernet cable into this computer Failed Issues found Detection details The Broadcom BCM bgn Wi-Fi Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems Not fixed Not Fixed The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Failed Contact your administrator to resolve driver or hardware issues InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log File Name B CDD-E CB- F- D -A Repair etl A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken Not fixed Not Fixed

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-unable-to-connect-to-wifi/td-p/5809325
Relevancy 63.64%

I try to connect to hotspot in friends phone for file transfer from WIFI.
But since my friends data connection is off, and when i try to connect , it shows me "no internet access" and wifi doesnot get connected .
After turning on-off wifi multiple times (around 15-20 times), sometimes it gets connected . But it never gets connected in 1 shot .
Is it compulsory to have internet access to connect to a hotspot?
Is it bug or feature of windows ?
I use lumia 640xl lte with latest windows 10 Anniversary update.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436870-unable-connect-wifi-if-internet-not-available.html
Relevancy 63.64%

when ever I switch on Laptop,wifi is unable to connect automatically,After trouble shooting by windows 10,the message displayed unable to connect.If I do power reset of my router then my laptop gets connected to wifi and am able to browse.
!: tried following methods to avoid power reset of router.
2:cmd prompt,ipconfig /release and next cmd ipconfig/renew,It did not work for long( flushing IP)
3:services.msc, then DHS and DNS restart.did not work.
4.i have to power reset my router everytime if my laptop has to connect to wifi.
pl suggest some ways.
5: if my wifi card is faulty ,then how it immediately connects to wifi once the power of router is off and on
[email protected]

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/wifi-unable-connect-laptop-4607515/
Relevancy 63.64%
Relevancy 63.64%

My workstation is running Windows Professional I cannot connect to the internet after using adwcleaner to remove the Ads by Advertise from my browser At that point Chrome presented this message DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN So Wifi or connect the Unable to to Internet I did a Google search for that phrase and tried various recommended actions including various ipconfig commands from the cmd window as an Admin No luck Then followed instructions to change Unable to connect to Wifi or the Internet the TCP IPv DNS settings to use and alt Still no luck Read some threads the that Winsock settings in the registry may be corrupt Referred to a MS too called FixIT Instructions said to use msinfo to check Components gt Network gt Protocol and make sure various Titles were present If not run FixIT FixIT was supposed to delete all entries and then replace the missing ones Didn't work It only deleted And now I get this message when trying to connect and can not longer connect to my Wifi DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET Did more searching and found a list of tools to help repair Winsock issues Ran these three utilities none of which helped Maybe Winsock is not the issue Maybe I used these incorrectly I don't know I am pretty discouraged that I have created a digital Gordian Knot Complete Internet Repair Winsock Fix WinsockReset Finally decided to come here for help Here is the log file from adwCleaner in case it is helpful for troubleshooting AdwCleaner v - Logfile created at Updated by Xplode Database - - Server Operating system Windows Professional Service Pack x Username Chris Zachidny - ASUS Running from C Users Chris Zachidny Downloads AdwCleaner exe Option Clean Support http toolslib net forum Services Folders - Folder Deleted C Program Files x FlvPlayer - Folder Deleted C Users Chris Zachidny AppData Roaming download Manager - Folder Deleted C Users Chris Zachidny AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu FLV Player Files I have a laptop set up next to the troubled workstation and am ready to follow your instructions Happy to compensate or tip for you timely helpful assistance Thank you in advance for your consideration Chris SpaceCowboy -

A:Unable to connect to Wifi or the Internet

Restart your computer.As the computer is starting, continue tapping F8 as before and select Repair your computer option.start the windows 7 recovery-environment and try to run system restore from there.Choose a restore point that is more than 10 days old!How the pc is running now?Please try only one restore point and then post results her

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610689/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-or-the-internet/
Relevancy 63.64%

hi all, I'm currently having trouble connecting to wifi, on a regular basis.

I have to connect and disconnect multiple times until the connection actually sticks, then its usually fine, ive tried trouble shooting to no avail. can anyone offer any help? likewise when I click the box to connect automatically the next time I go to use my computer it doesnt connect and the box is no longer clicked

I am fairly inexperienced with computers so I might be missing something simple.
I havent updated to 8.1 yet as my connection usually drops, computer is a laptop lenovo G580, the connections are a home one that has worked for xbox,xbone,phones, other laptops, and desktops. the other main connection this is a problem with is my school connection.
thanks for all the potential help

A:unable to connect to wifi on first attempt

This might help: Wired and wireless network problems - Microsoft Windows Help

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/43210-unable-connect-wifi-first-attempt.html
Relevancy 63.64%

In my laptop, whenever i try to connect to my wifi connection, it doesn't shows it. While on all the other devices wifi is working perfectly fine.

Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Cisco Lynksis Router Model WRT120N - which is connect wirelessly to my MAC home computer. I also have a Dell D630 Laptop using WindowsXP. I have recently moved and my laptop used to connect to my wireless router (when I was at my old house) But now at my new house my laptop wont connect. It will connect wirelessly at other locations. The laptop picks up the wireless name and shows full strength. I have trouble shot a little. Help Please!

A:Unable to connect to wifi at home

Do you have service pack 3?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-at-home.1070180/
Relevancy 63.64%

I'm unable to connect with some Hotel wifi's but many others there's not an issue. The hotels where I can not connect sees the wifi and says it connects, but the browse and everything else says it's not connected. When connected to many Hotels a splash page will appear for acknowledgements or passwords, but no splash pages appear when I can not connect. I have not updated or know that I need to update my wifi drivers, but the Hotels I'm having issues with are not the ones with the newest routers and my home wifi is the latest technology.

I've had issues in the past and I do not remember any of the solutions. Would flushing the DNS help? I'm running Win 8.1.

Thank you

A:Unable to connect to wifi at some hotels and able to with many others

Some of it will depend how the hotel manages their network. Some use passwords, some use splash screens and some just have open networks. Some splash redirects don't work right away and take a couple minuets to come up. specially if its a small hotel and its check in time. Other redirects don't work with some browsers like Chrome. Last, try manually entering in a website in the address bar to trigger the redirect. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616743/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-at-some-hotels-and-able-to-with-many-others/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello, I'm having some wifi issues. In the past few weeks I've only been able to use the internet on my laptop when connected via ethernet, despite having used the same wireless, router, laptop, etc perfectly fine for years!

When I first start up my laptop, I can see the list of my available connections. I press connect for my usual home router and then it will say "Windows was unable to connect to blahblahblah". And then the list will have a red cross and claim no connections are available. 

If I press troubleshoot problem, Windows Network Diagnostics says to "investigate router or access point issues", which involves turning the device off (done this several times). When I select "check to see if problem is fixed", it thinks for a bit then says "Windows cannot resolve your wireless connectivity issue".

Please can you help?  

A:Windows unable to connect to Wifi

Welcome to BC. !

Have you Reset the router ?....this usually involves inserting the end of a paperclip into a tiny hole located on the router itself......google the name of the router and it will show you where that hole is.
The word Reset should be written directly above/beside the hole.

To do this, press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds. NOTE: Resetting your router to its default factory settings will also reset your router's password. The router's default password is “admin” as for the username, just leave the field blank.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582941/windows-unable-to-connect-to-wifi/