Windows Support Forum

Re: HP Pavillion unable to get wifi after an automatic upgra...

Q: Re: HP Pavillion unable to get wifi after an automatic upgra...

Hi, Please can anyone provide any suggestions? I am having the same problems... Communication says "Connection between access point, router, or cable modem and internet is broken" and another message says "network gateway is accessible but Windows couldn't receive network traffic from internet." Other devices are still able to connect to wireless networkI can see available connectionsRouter has been resetI am unsure as to what automatic updates may have occurred, not being infront of laptop right now. Advice would be very much appreciated! Thank you.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Re: HP Pavillion unable to get wifi after an automatic upgra...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Re: HP Pavillion unable to get wifi after an automatic upgra...

Hallo Karrinjerzy Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your notebook - you can usually get this by holding down the fn key and pressing esc, otherwise see Here for a guide on locating this information. and provide me what Wifi card you have?Could you please inform me what wireless card you have in your computer?This can be found under device manager.Right click on the windows icon in lower left cornorPress on device manager.Find a card with WIFI adapter or something with 802.11 in it. Thanks.

ZincasI am an HP notebook technician.Please click ?Accept as Solution ? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Re-HP-Pavillion-unable-to-get-wifi-after-an-automatic/td-p/5618040
Relevancy 68.8%

I am receiving numerous blue screens do death.  10 is not stable for more than 5 minutes once it boots up.  I upgraded from 8 and have no USB boot stick.  Can Acer community help me?   Will Microsoft help me?   I have posted in ten forum for possible help with windows 10 experts (not Microsoft).    I have detailed error messages and even test results for memory, disk and drivers.   Very frustrating to have trusted the upgrade and now be completely unstable.  Just looking for next suggestion.   Thanks in advance

A:Intermittent WiFi issue following Windows 10 upgra...

Which Win10 version do you have and on what Acer ? (Both should be listed in MSINFO32.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Intermittent-WiFi-issue-following-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/412424/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 68.8%

My acer Aspire V - has been intermittently losing WiFi for past days since Windows upgrade from Windows Home Premium The Aspire has Atheros wireless network adapter AR BWB Wed nbsp So far I have In the Atheros AR BWB Wireless Network Adapter Properties I nbsp unchecked the box in the Property Management tab which read Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power nbsp b Made sure airplane mode was in off position c Forget exactly where I did this but made sure settings in another location Windows Intermittent WiFi issue upgra... 10 following were set at Maximum Performance Checked that firmware is up to date on my network router with security set to WPA -PSK AES Searched through many forums to read responses of folks upgrading Intermittent WiFi issue following Windows 10 upgra... to Windows with WiFi issues--seems this is widespread problem though no one has said WiFi signal loss was intermittent as is my laptop's Internet hits for my searches also show WiFi issues occurred in the past for installs of Windows So Intermittent WiFi issue following Windows 10 upgra... far have not come across mentions of WiFi issues for past installs of Windows While exploring my laptop I came across a page of Microsoft Updates--SEE ATTACHED I was surprised to note that these updates are released quite frequently over the course of a day For example separate updates between PM and PM on Aug and separate updates between AM and PM on Aug nbsp Am including part of the record of updates for August and August I am aware that Microsoft uses my WiFi to AUTOMATICALLY download updates Is it possible that this intermittent nbsp download of updates cause the intermittent nbsp interruptions of the WiFi This afternoon when the WiFi was not working for Windows I reinstalled as a dual boot Ubuntu I had no difficulty connecting to WiFi from Ubuntu Have not yet I have not yet tried connecting the laptop via Ethernet cable to my router during one of these WiFi outages My ISP is a VOIP Internet setup using one Westell and one Cisco router I have not considered if they might be a cause of the problem I read on one forum that someone fixed their WiFi connection issue by changing their router security setting to include TKIP nbsp NOTE I may need to put attachment of screen grab of Windows updates in a separate email reply to this post as this post is not accepting the attachment Would appreciate any comments or suggestions Thanks in advance I shall likely also put this out on a Windows forum elsewhere nbsp nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:Intermittent WiFi issue following Windows 10 upgra...

Hi!FYI, this worked for me, finally a solution!Strangest thing--I uninstalled the Atheros driver. Did NOT reinstall it. After I uninstalled Atheros driver, a right screen Windows 10 style panel immediately appeared--either on notifications panel or in WiFi settings page, was sleepy, don't remember which--containing a labeled entry box for my wifi password. I entered the password and boom, the wifi worked. It's been working since.Again thanks. Will mark solved.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Intermittent-WiFi-issue-following-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/373678
Relevancy 65.79%

Is it possible to upgrade wifi single band card originally installed on my laptop to dual band for picking up 5G. If YES, what the model?Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-DV6t-6c00-dual-band-Bluetooth-wifi-card-upgrade/td-p/5789032
Relevancy 55.47%

Yesterday my laptop was working super fine but nbsp then it suddenly stopped connecting nbsp to nbsp the wifi connection I didn't mind it nbsp that nbsp time because I assumed nbsp that nbsp the network was just having a problem But nbsp then come nighttime I panicked because it won't still connect the wifi connection was working fine to eve... done My and HP wifi I've can't connect G6 Pavillion a because my friend's laptop is connected nbsp to it and My HP Pavillion G6 can't connect to a wifi and I've done eve... so can my phone nbsp I restarted my laptop and did nbsp troubleshoot countless of nbsp times but nothing happened I nbsp tried nbsp to search for possible solutions but noting worked I'm on nbsp the verge of nbsp tears because I'm doing my undergraduate nbsp thesis and I can't just have a defective latop right now nbsp PLEASE I NEED HELP Can someone nbsp teach me how nbsp My HP Pavillion G6 can't connect to a wifi and I've done eve... to fix nbsp this nbsp My laptop model is g d dx Produc number is A Z My HP Pavillion G6 can't connect to a wifi and I've done eve... UA ABA Serial Edited for Personal Information nbsp If it helps my laptop is running on windows bit

A:My HP Pavillion G6 can't connect to a wifi and I've done eve...

Hello @renalexis01 ,Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand you're having issues with wireless connectivity on your notebook. Could you please provide a little more info about the issue? Is the wireless adapter not finding any networks or does it see them but it unable to connect? Is it able to connect but says limited connectivity? The more information you can provide the better. Aside from more details about the issue it would help to know which wireless adapter is in your notebook. You can find this in Device Manager under Network adapters. To open Device Manager press Windows Key + R, type devmgmt.msc and click OK. If the adapter is not listed click Show at the top and click Show hidden devices. Expand Other devices (if it's there) for any Unknown devices or something generic like Network adapter. Right click on these unknown devices and select Properties. Click the Details tab and change the drop down to Hardware IDs. Post the IDs in a reply here. Keep in mind that if one device is working on your network, it does not mean that a setting on the network couldn't be a possibility. Devices all communicate differently so without testing another network it is impossible to rule out your network as a potential source of the problem. Because you mentioned you need this fixed ASAP here's a list of things to try while I wait for more details on the issue. Start by going through these documents:Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)Powercycle the network:1. Shut down your notebook.2. Unplug the power to your router.3. Unplug the power to your modem.4. Wait at least 45 seconds.5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test. Flush the DNS:1. Go to your start menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "ipconfig /flushdns" without quotes, and press enter.4. Test.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.Reseat the wireless adapter:Page 47 - HP Pavilion G6 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide.If those three steps do not resolve th... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-HP-Pavillion-G6-can-t-connect-to-a-wifi-and-I-ve-done/td-p/4518932
Relevancy 55.04%

I am tired of having all the juryrigged problems in order for my g-son to use his laptop. He has an HP Pavillion ze1000 and a Belkin router setup and it sucks. Can I just get rid of that & install the WIFI? I hate being so stupid where tech things are concerned but you have to remember that I am 67 and there weren't always computers & availabilty in my days of learning. Will this computer work with WIFI? Do I just have to get the card & insert it in the slot or is it going to get more complicated than that? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Jan

Relevancy 55.04%

I bought a Referbished G at a PX in Okinawa for what was a pretty good deal I after Pavillion a HP G6 restart work won't WiFi started to have issues right away I HP Pavillion G6 WiFi won't work after a restart worked through most of them - that is I never was able to fix HP Pavillion G6 WiFi won't work after a restart them but I learned to work around them Recently I decided to do an entire system reset and yes I had tried that before too when originally trying to fix the problem That way I could just start fresh and get it where I want it nbsp Problem When I restart my laptop the Wifi does not work I get the Wifi Icon symbol with the red circle x through it I found by lots of aggravating trial and error that you have to do a shut down and turn it back on normally for it to work When you do that it works just fine I don't have the name of the Wifi device or driver number but I will post it tonight I can tell you that updating the driver only makes it never work at all One last thing - this problem exists with Win and nbsp There you have it Standing by if you need further information nbsp Thank you Todd O

A:HP Pavillion G6 WiFi won't work after a restart

Hi, Todd: The parts list for that model indicates that it comes with a Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi adapter. Try the driver directly from Mediatek (Ralink).  It would be the 3rd grouping of drivers on the webpage. http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads1/downloads/ 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavillion-G6-WiFi-won-t-work-after-a-restart/td-p/5756561
Relevancy 55.04%

Ah!!! Please help me. I have an HP laptop. I can not find a type other than Pavilion. I do not see a number. On the bottom of my computer it says HP Proctectsafe and it has beatsaudio. Anyways, I was on my laptop a few days ago and an error screen came on. It just said that something was wrong and that I need to restart my computer. It shut down and restarted automatically. It was a blue, windows looking screen. Once the computer was restarted the was no wifi connection. It looks as if my wireless key is off. This computer has an airplane mode instead of wifi on and off. I have tried this several times and it does not work. Please please please help! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavillion-Laptop-not-connecting-to-WiFi/td-p/5697325
Relevancy 54.61%

My Hp Pavillion 14 I bought almost 2 years ago had its hard disk die twice the first time it had happened I sent it in for repair and everything was finethe second time it broke, as I had extended the warranty, they sent a technician down to replace my hard disk.Everything was okay, except that I noticed my wifi connectivity was only getting 2 bars when I sat right beside the router.the speeds were also horrible on my 200 Mbps fiber optic plan compared to the laptop before the hard disk died the second time. Why is this happening? Did I forget to install a driver or did the technician do something wrong? Please Help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Hp-Pavillion-14-Horrible-wifi-connectivity-after-hp-warranty/td-p/5641635
Relevancy 54.61%

my wifi adapter has vanished from my netork adapter list. Is there a simple way to get it back?Please help

A:missing wifi adapter hp pavillion windows 10

Can we have your model number? Do you have any problem devices in the device manager?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/missing-wifi-adapter-hp-pavillion-windows-10/td-p/5768786
Relevancy 54.61%

I've a laptop here i've just cleaned it's a purple G6 Pavillion i3 on Windows 7 HP 64bit and lots of priceless work on it. I cannot get the WIFI drivers to run stable, I've downloaded various .exe's from HP links within Google, and they all make the computer take ages to boot through "starting Windows" (yet fine when wireless is removed in safe mode ) and then the WIFI is up and down within Windows 7. Please help Drew

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavillion-G6-Purple-WIFI-WOES-Windows-7/td-p/5811659
Relevancy 54.61%

Last time i used inernet connetion using wifi is wednesday without download activity ,and then i want to browsing again on thursday, when i turnon the notebook , it isnt connect to my wifi, i checked device manager thats only realtek PCIe FR family controller , without wifi driver and bluetooth driver, do you know what possibility happen on my notebook?it might virus or something?Hope u guys can help me

A:Why my wifi suddenly lost? Hp pavillion 14 n037tx

Same here!!! I'm using an HP ProBook 4320s (Energy Star). I can't find any wireless driver in device manager on Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I tried downloading several drivers but i can't connect to wifi and my laptop's wireless switch remains on. Everytime i boot up i get the Wireless Module error (701). I don't know what to do. I can browse the internet just fine with a LAN Cable connected. I honestly don't know what to do. Please help. Thanks in Advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Why-my-wifi-suddenly-lost-Hp-pavillion-14-n037tx/td-p/5698607
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,My laptop is running on Windows 10 BUILD 10240.My laptop's Wireless Card is from Broadcom. It is BCM43142.The problem is that the WiFi sometimes drop and causes the whole OS to freeze. I can't literally do anything except Force Shut Down by pressing the power key to restart it.It just completely freezes the whole system.FYI, I have installed the latest version of drivers already.I hope that someone else having this problem can help raise the voice.

A:HP Pavillion p077tx Freezes when WiFi Disconnects

Hi @gautamhans1?,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion 15-p077tx Notebook and issues with the Wireless adapter. I would check the Device Manager and uninstall anything you see there in the Network adapters Wireless. Restart the Notebook.Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating for Windows 10. Please let me know how this goes. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavillion-p077tx-Freezes-when-WiFi-Disconnects/td-p/5168510
Relevancy 54.61%

My Hp Pavillion 14 I bought almost 2 years ago had its hard disk die twice the first time it had happened I sent it in for repair and everything was finethe second time it broke, as I had extended the warranty, they sent a technician down to replace my hard disk.Everything was okay, except that I noticed my wifi connectivity was only getting 2 bars when I sat right beside the router.the speeds were also horrible on my 200 Mbps fiber optic plan compared to the laptop before the hard disk died the second time. Why is this happening? Did I forget to install a driver or did the technician do something wrong? Please Help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Hp-Pavillion-14-Horrible-wifi-connectivity-after-hp-warranty/td-p/5641639
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I have a HP Pavillion x i in laptop I am having problems HP problems access Pavillion wifi point with the wifi staying connected and when the laptop is connected to wifi the internet speeds are slow The speeds are slow as in I cannot stream videos on HP Pavillion wifi access point problems youtube without constant pausing and even downloading something as simple as google chrome takes much longer than it is supposed to In my house there are plenty of other devices that are connected including my old laptop which has no problems downloading streaming and iphones and an ipad All of the other devices except my new HP laptop has no problem streaming and downloading The laptop is extremely new less than a week old I have tried updating the network driver resetting the network driver and disconnecting then reconnecting the wifi yet the problem keeps occuring I do have MacAfee so I guess that could pose a problem but I am unsure The adapter I use is a Qualcomm Atheros QCA with internet provided by COMCAST It could be an adapter problem but because of the other devices working fine I do not think that the problem is from the adapter Also the OS is Windows Thank you for your time and help

A:HP Pavillion wifi access point problems

How does it perform connected by LAN (Cat5/6) cable?

And welcome to the forum!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/54287-hp-pavillion-wifi-access-point-problems.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I recently had to open the case and do some disassembly to upgrade my memory. After re-assembling the computer, my WiFi adapter is no longer recognized. When I go to Device Manager - Network Adapters I no longer even see the device in the list. I wonder if I missed something on the re-assembly? Everything else appears to work fine (except the memory upgrade didn't take, see this discussion). Can anyone suggest troubleshooting steps or specific things to check when I open up the computer? Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Pavillion-Sleekbook-15-WiFi-not-recognized-after-opening/td-p/5653917
Relevancy 52.46%

My father's laptop crashed two weeks ago, I tried to troubleshoot it but nothing is working. The laptop is exactly two years old and runs on windows 10. The laptop will not turn on, but, on the rare occasion it does, it reports an error almost like a hard drive or motherboard error. The laptop has been only been used a handful of times within the last year and never operated serious programmes that would challenge the computers operating systems. I have a basic knowledge in laptops and to me, it appears to be a hard drive/ motherboard error which is preventing the laptop from operating. Unfortunately, my father never renewed the warranty so I'm enquiring if there are any services available within HP to repair the latop.   

A:HP pavillion unable to turn on

What OS the laptop came with originally?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-pavillion-unable-to-turn-on/td-p/5704391
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I have a Gateway NV52L15 notebook and I am having problems with my WiFi access. I have Windows 8. My wireless networks are not showing up. When I troubleshoot the network adapter, I get a messAge that reads that my wireless capability is turned off. When I go to the Gateway Device fast lane, my WiFi is on. But when I look in networks it as shows WiFi off and I am unable to turn it on that way. When I go to wireless devices in pc settings, the toggle button for the wire device is grey, therefore I am unable to switch it on- It used to work.

Also, while in the Gateway Device fast lane, when I press the F3 key the airplane mode goes on...the WiFi goes off...by comes right back on. Please help...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29653-wifi-toggle-switch-greyed-out-unable-turn-wifi.html
Relevancy 51.6%

'Hello this is my first post here so I am sorry if anything is confusing The reason why I signed up in this forum is s I can seek help fron those that might know more about computer than me in order to solve my problem A few days ago my laptop was working perfectly fine But then I turned my Taskbar wifi to turned white and detect unable wifi computer off the next day everything started up as normal with Windows Home Premium still in the backgrounds when I am logging in but then the network connecter won't automatically start So I was left without internet for a bit Whats more I noticed that the taskbar which was always semi-transparent before is now white As well as all the title bars of the programs that I open turned into blue Is computer Taskbar turned white and wifi unable to detect wifi has always ran Windows as far as I am aware but e way the taskbar and the title bars are behaving reminds me of windows xp I first tried to look up how to solve my wifi problem I manually opened the network connecter in the control panel and tried to quot Connect to a network quot But it didn't detect any wifi servers Which is odd since I had always used the one my family used and I am using wifi on that server at this moment When I tried to use troubleshoot on my quot internet connections quot it first showed me that the issue was quot The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running quot but then every other time I tried to troubleshoot again it doesn't show any problems detected And with the problem of the taskbar I tried to search solutions and found some I right-clicked while on the desktop and clicked on quot personalize quot And my sources tol me to select an aero theme However all ofthe aero themes are greyed-out and I am unable to select any of them The only theme that I am able to select is my quot unsaved theme quot which has a square with a blue pirtion on the top that has a white bar in it and the bottom which is the white portion and has a black bar across it All the themes with the roundish edges and clear squares are unselectable I have no idea whats wrong with my computer now would somebody please help me Alnost all other programs are functioning fine but the wifi Taskbar turned white and wifi unable to detect wifi is not connecting Oh and I am unable to adjust my screen brightness All help are thanked BTW I wrote this on my iPad mini

A:Taskbar turned white and wifi unable to detect wifi

Quote: Originally Posted by Zero

'Hello, this is my first post here, so I am sorry if anything is confusing.

The reason why I signed up in this forum is s I can seek help fron those that might know more about computer than me, in order to solve my problem

A few days ago, my laptop was working perfectly fine. But then, I turned my computer off, the next day, everything started up as normal, with Windows 7 Home Premium still in the backgrounds when I am logging in but then, the network connecter won't automatically start. So I was left without internet for a bit. Whats more, I noticed that the taskbar, which was always semi-transparent before, is now white. As well as all the title bars of the programs that I open, turned into blue!

Is computer has always ran Windows 7 as far as I am aware, but e way the taskbar, and the title bars, are behaving, reminds me of windows xp.

I first tried to look up how to solve my wifi problem. I manually opened the network connecter in the control panel, and tried to "Connect to a network". But it didn't detect any wifi servers! Which is odd since I had always used the one my family used, and I am using wifi on that server at this moment!

When I tried to use troubleshoot on my "internet connections", it first showed me that the issue was "The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running" but then every other time I tried to troubleshoot again, it doesn't show any problems detected

And with the problem of the taskbar, I tried to search solutions, and found some. I right-clicked while on the desktop and clicked on "personalize". And my sources tol me to select an aero theme. However, all ofthe aero themes are greyed-out, and I am unable to select any of them. The only theme that I am able to select is my "unsaved theme", which has a square with a blue pirtion on the top that has a white bar in it, and the bottom, which is the white portion, and has a black bar across it. All the themes with the roundish edges and clear squares are unselectable...

I have no idea whats wrong with my computer now, would somebody please help me? Alnost all other programs are functioning fine, but the wifi is not connecting(Oh, and I am unable to adjust my screen brightness)

All help are thanked!

BTW, I wrote this on my iPad mini

No idea what the problem might be but it doesn't sound good.

Have you considered using System Restore to take your system back to when it was working correctly?

This would be by far the easiest way to fix this type of problem, the link shows you how.

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286373-taskbar-turned-white-wifi-unable-detect-wifi.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a HP Notebook 15. I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it. I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. What should I try next?

A:Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-find-Wifi-adapter-Cannot-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5590193
Relevancy 50.74%

i have hp pavillion 15 notebook and tried many versions of internet explorer but every time it says your pc doesnot suppport this software please help me 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/unable-to-install-internet-explorer-on-pavillion-15-notebook/td-p/5706421
Relevancy 50.31%

my flat host interent for the whole flat. the wifi is unsecured and you must login with the account from your
browser. the problem is that the wifi resets every half and hour i must relogin . i cannot leave the download overnight. can someone please give me a cURL code or wget code or a program that helps me relogin automatically every half hour.i m a noob at computer so please make it simple for me
This is the charles request that relogins my wifi but charles runs out of memory too often and the auto save tool does not work.

plz help. thx a lot in advance

Relevancy 49.88%

For the past couple of years now I've had huge ping spikes every - minutes and it wasn't until two months ago I wanted to solve the problem I looked the issue up and sure enough I found people having the same problem and even providing some tools to solve it The issue is that my laptop is automatically searching for nearby wifi networks causing huge ping spikes as seen here The tool they provided stopped my computer from searching for nearby wifis this worked for about a week due searches automatic spikes wifi to Ping before Ping spikes due to automatic wifi searches I started experiencing ping spikes again the program had all of a sudden stopped working i reinstalled it several times so i looked up the issue once again and found another tool However this one stopped working aswell and I have no clue why I've tried reinstalling both programs restarting several things looking up other alternatives on google but I've found nothing If anyone knows how to fix this I'd greatly appreciate it Running windows btw

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/ping-spikes-due-automatic-wifi-searches-4608563/
Relevancy 49.88%

All,

I have performance issues when windows starts with wifi enabled. So, I have disabled wifi through gpedit in the windows settings under the shutdown scripts. This helps improving the startup performance.

However, I have to enable the wifi under adapter settings after startup is complete.

Will you be able to help me with an efficient way to automatically start running the intended batch file to enable wifi after the desktop is initialized? How can I do this so that my batch starts running only after the login is complete and the desktop is available.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/383469-automatic-enabling-wifi-after-desktop-initialized.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,
I have been having this issue for two months and am getting tired of it, my wifi icon is almost always "disconnected" even when I'm connected, and I have to manually enter a wireless's network info each time I change networks. Other than that no particular problems. I updated the driver, and everything was fine before (I don't mean that it was because of the update). Only changes where program installations (but no device controllers of firewalls or...), and I fiddled with the services a bit but normally all the ones necessary for wifi are ok.

Hard : HP530, Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG.
Soft : Windows XP SP3, ZoneAlarm

Relevancy 48.59%

Does exist a program similar to NetStumbler that tests the effective Internet speed of all the available WiFi networks and at the end connects to the faster?

A:Automatic speed test on all the available WiFi networds to select the faster?

Not that I've ever heard of.

How many wireless networks can you have available?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-speed-test-on-all-the-available-wifi-networds-to-select-the-faster.555742/
Relevancy 47.3%

My laptop hp 15-r204ne allready have 4gb hundayi ramBut i am trying to upgrade it to 8gb by adding 4 gb kingston ramPlease telll me wether it supports this ram in other slot and tell me wether it will work nicelyKingston Technology 4GB 1600MHz PC3-12800 1.35V SODIMM Memory for Select HP/Compaq Notebooks KTH-X3CL/4GFRhttps://www.amazon.in/dp/B00IOC7NHY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_yYArxbBF6Z3ENThis link is the product detailsIf anyother rams you know that supports my laptop pls inform me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/ram-upgra-dation/td-p/5634731
Relevancy 47.3%

I've had this issue for a couple of weeks without really bothering, but now it's quite an issue as I actually need those updates (Last update was half a year ago)

I've tried Microsoft Fix it and another troubleshooting tool from Microsoft which focused on this exact issue. However, that did not change a thing even though it stated that the issue has been fixed.
I'm getting told an error occurs when it searched for new updates for the computer.
''Code 8024800A''
I've tried running a SFC scan, but it closes in a millisecond. 

A:Unable to search for Automatic Updates

Go to the Start Menu
Type: cmd
Right click on cmd in start menu and select 'Run as Administrator'
Type: net stop wuauserv
Hit Enter
Type: ren c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old
Hit Enter
Type: net start wuauserv
Hit Enter
Type: exit
Hit Enter

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493943/unable-to-search-for-automatic-updates/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello TSF Team,

I had used the help of Chemist from TSF forum to remove Malware programs on my system.

I wish to trun on the Automatic Windows Update option on my system. Right now the option is turned off and greyed out as well so I cannot change the setting. And updates using Microsoft site gives an error:

Error:
"
Network policy settings prevent you from using this website to get updates for your computer.

If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact your system administrator.

Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number 0x8DDD0003) yourself.
"

I have tried various steps from google but of no help.

Could you please help me?

Thanks,
jmash

A:Unable to use Automatic Windows Update

If it's grayed, out, it probably means the service is turned off. Go to control panel, administrative tools, services. Double-click automatic updates, set the startup type to automatic, and then click start. After that you should be able to set the automatic update schedule in control panel.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-use-automatic-windows-update-316071.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I wanted to update from Windows to but got an error message that it couldn't complete I researched that and found I needed to do Windows Updates Went to the control panel to do that and got this error box Used Microsoft Chat support but no help Can anyone help And I'm not very computer savvy Unable automatic to turn updates on/off so if you have an answer please use small words that I can understand The error is ' EE -A A- D - -BEB C EEF DB- AD- E -AD pageSettings' br br Thank you blockquote div div div div class cleardiv div br -- EF Tip -- div id 'div-gpt-ad- - ' style 'width px height px margin-bottom - px ' script type 'text javascript' googletag cmd push function googletag display 'div-gpt-ad- - ' script div div a style text-decoration none color grey href javascript onmousedown if document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'none' document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'block' else document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'none' nbsp nbsp My System Specs a You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this Computer Type PC Desktop OS Windows

A:Unable to turn on/off automatic updates

Start with running sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt (Start > All Programs > Accessories, right-click Command Prompt and from the menu click Run as administrator).

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59552-unable-turn-off-automatic-updates.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have used Panda and deleted gthe cookies it suggested are spyware I have run a full AVG scan and Spybot scan and fixed the problems there Then I ran the Stinger program which turned up nothing I have rebooted and done this process twice I have attached the file from hijack this below but still can not download the critical updates from Microsoft That yellow shield is still there - Just to confirm the only thing I have to Automatic Install Unable Updates, running is AVG no download accelerator I have Automatic Updates, Unable to Install even turned AVG off and it says 'unable to install ' when trying to do the Microfost Automatic Updates is there a file that it needs that has got deleted maybe Any ideas thanks again for you helpDaveLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Automatic Updates, Unable to Install Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BTNtService exeC Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamSvc exeC Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC WINDOWS vVX exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exeC Program Files Opera Opera exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system LVComsX exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Documents and Settings Badge Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell co uk mywayR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId cid SUB CLCID R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell co uk mywayO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exeO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run IntelWireless C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe tf Intel PROSet WirelessO - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run LifeCam quot C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam LifeExp exe quot O - HKLM Run VX C WINDOWS vVX exeO - HKLM RunServices csr csrrs exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Progr... Read more

A:Automatic Updates, Unable to Install

You may want to print this or save it to notepad as we will go to safe mode.Fix these with HiJackThis ? mark them, close IE, click fix checkedO4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [csr] csrrs.exeDownLoad http://www.downloads.subratam.org/KillBox.zip orhttp://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/killbox.exeRestart your computer into safe mode now. (Tapping F8 at the first black screen) Perform the following steps in safe mode:Double-click on Killbox.exe to run it. Now put a tick by Standard File Kill. In the "Full Path of File to Delete" box, copy and paste each of the following lines one at a time then click on the button that has the red circle with the X in the middle after you enter each file. It will ask for confimation to delete the file. Click Yes. Continue with that same procedure until you have copied and pasted all of these in the "Paste Full Path of File to Delete" box. C:\WINDOWS\System32\csrrs.exeNote: It is possible that Killbox will tell you that one or more files do not exist. If that happens, just continue on with all the files. Be sure you don't miss any.START ? RUN ? type in %temp% - OK - Edit ? Select all ? File ? DeleteDelete everything in the C:\Windows\Temp folder or C:\WINNT\tempNot all temp files will delete and that is normalEmpty the recycle binBoot Download AVG Anti-Spyware from http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ and save that file to your desktop.When the trial period expires it becomes feature-limited freeware but is still worth keeping as a good on-demand scanner.1. Once you have downloaded AVG Anti-Spyware, locate the icon on the desktop and double click it to launch the set up program.2. Once the setup is complete you will need run AVG Anti-Spyware and update the definition files.3. On the main screen select the icon "Update" then select the "Update now" link.o Next select the "Start Update" button. The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.4. Once the update has completed, select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.5. Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".6. Under "Reports"o Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"o Un-Select "Only if threats were found"Close AVG Anti-Spyware. Do Not run a scan just yet, we will run it in safe mode.1. Reboot your computer into Safe Mode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode then hit enter.IMPORTANT: Do not open any other windows or programs while AVG Anti-Spyware is scanning as it may interfere with the scanning process:2. Launch AVG Anti-Spyware by double clicking the icon on your desktop.3. Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab then click on "Complete System Scan".4. AVG will now begin the scanning process. Please be patient as this may take a little time.Once the scan is complete, do the following:5. If you have any infections you will be prompted. Then select "Apply all actions."6. Next select the "Reports" icon at the top.7. Select the "Save report as" button in the lower lef- hand of the screen and save it to a text file on your system (make sure to remember where you saved that file. This is important).8. Close AVG Anti-Spyware and reboot your system back into Normal Mode.Post the log from AVG and a new HiJack logPlease give feedback on what worked/didn?t work and the current status of your system

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68963/automatic-updates-unable-to-install/
Relevancy 47.3%

On my laptop I get a Windows Security Alert in the system tray that Windows set Updates Automatic Unable for to says Automatic Updates are off When I attempt to turn on Automatic Updates in the alert Unable to set Automatic Updates for Windows screen it has no affect I get the same even if I use Control Panel System Unable to set Automatic Updates for Windows to do it I also have problems with Internet Explorer I am unable to get to the Microsoft Windows Update page and use it to update XP - I had to download SP on another machine and then install it on the laptop And when I follow links on web pages I am continually directed to pages of ads - not always the same ones I ran Spyware Terminator on the laptop and it said I had two illegal startup files but it could only delete one of them I have followed the steps in your First Steps link - as far as I could because I couldn't get to some of your links Instead I downloaded required files on my other machine - and here is the HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C PROGRA HPQ Shared HPQTOA EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser CoIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run C WINDOWS system kdcgg exe C WINDOWS system kdcgg exe O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimized O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run RecGuard C Windows SMINST RecGuard exe O - H... Read more

A:Unable to set Automatic Updates for Windows

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Apologies for the long delay in response. We have a large number of HijackThis logs to handle and it's taking us longer to catch up. If you haven't received help elsewhere already and still require assistance please post a fresh HijackThis log and a StartupList log produced by HijackThis as below:

you are using an older version of HijackThis. Please do the following to download and install the latest version of HijackThis v2.0.2:

CLICK HERE to download the HijackThis Installer:Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Double-click on HJTInstall.exe to run the program.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.
Accept the license agreement by clicking the "I Accept" button.
Click on the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click "Save log" to save the log file and then the log will open in Notepad.
Click on "Edit -> Select All" then click on "Edit -> Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and paste the log in your next reply.
Do NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet! Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

You may uninstall/delete the older version once you have successfully downloaded and installed the latest version of HijackThis v2.0.2.

=========================

Please open HijackThis.
Click on Open Misc Tools Section
Make sure that both boxes beside "Generate StartupList Log" are checked:List all minor sections(Full)
List Empty Sections(Complete)
Click Generate StartupList Log.
Click Yes at the prompt.
It will open a text file. Please copy the entire contents of that page and paste it here along with the HijackThis log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/unable-to-set-automatic-updates-for-windows-280121.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Im having lots of issues with Windows 8.1 so I have to reinstall. Store/Settings arent opening. 5 minutes or so of a black screen and cursor on Start up.

I attempted to go here: Upgrade Windows with only a product key - Microsoft Windows Help

and use that for reinstalling, but it isnt excepting my product key.

How can I reinstall Windows 8.1? Am I really going to have to re-install Windows 8 from scratch and then Update again to Win 8.1?!

A:How to re-install Win 8.1 (original OS was Win 8 Pro Upgra

Didn't you d/l the 8.1 files for iso?

There is a thread about how to do that. You only need the first post.

How to download the Windows 8.1 ISO

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/34193-how-re-install-win-8-1-original-os-win-8-pro-upgra.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I m a Newbie XP sp a w sp unable or Automatic XP to enable install Updates SP3 IE8 update AMD athlon xp Abit VA- ver MOBO gb Ram IE Where to start when I had my system XP SP up and running prior to a xp sp recovery console repair I noticed that I couldn t find McAfee AntiVirus TimeWarner RR which was installed and working prior RR support XP SP3 unable to enable Automatic Updates or install IE8 took access of my PC and attempted to remove CA Firewall that was installed amp removed yr prior using the uninstall tool XP SP3 unable to enable Automatic Updates or install IE8 downloaded from CA hr I was told to reinstall McAfee - attempted amp attempted amp I kept getting an error about an issue w McAfee security platform shrtcut icon kept searching for mcagent I then contacted McAfee which resulted in a hr session that XP SP3 unable to enable Automatic Updates or install IE8 had a level tech on my computer playing with my registry He finally gaveup and told me that All I had to do was uninstall CA Firewall and reinstall McAfee which didn t work when I later contacted McAfee inquiring where the level tech had saved my registry backup prior to making any changes all that I received for an answer was that McAfee could resolve my problem guaranteed for I had done scans for malware viruses using Kaspersky Rescue Disk TDSSKiller MalwareBytes MS Safety Live Viper etc with nothing found Also I was not able to start in SAFEMODE - only the BSOD w error STOP x B I now believe that some of the problems were caused by the fact that my gb harddrive was full AHHH Hindsight Ok so here s what I have done since XP Recovery Console repair - recover from a corrupt registry Part MS article KB At the Recovery Console command prompt type the following lines pressing ENTER after you type each line md tmp copy c windows system config system c windows tmp system bak copy c windows system config software c windows tmp software bak copy c windows system config sam c windows tmp sam bak copy c windows system config security c windows tmp security bak copy c windows system config default c windows tmp default bak delete c windows system config system delete c windows system config software delete c windows system config sam delete c windows system config security delete c windows system config default copy c windows repair system c windows system config system copy c windows repair software c windows system config software copy c windows repair sam c windows system config sam copy c windows repair security c windows system config security copy c windows repair default c windows system config default Type exit to quit Recovery Console Your computer will restart Installed SP update Cloned my gb HD to a gb HD and installed as master HD needed to enable my onboard adapter in Bios even w failsafe settings - device manager had my network adapter hidden I can now startup in SafeMode I have not been able to update install Internet Explorer error during install I can t turn on enable on my Automatic Updates using the automatic update console The system showed my CPU as being ghz actually is AMD Ghz - I changed the DEC to and now is displaying correct CPU info when trying to use MS FixIt I get an error PLEASE set registry key HKML softeware microsoft NetFramed installRoot to point to the Net Framework install location wHen I attempt to install Net Frameworks I get error - quot error when intializing fusion Setup could not load fusion w loadlibraryShim Error quot - have seen other message in past referring to another install initiated There is probably more that I m omitting but this is a start Any ideas THANKS nbsp

A:XP SP3 unable to enable Automatic Updates or install IE8

In my opinion Trying to revive corrupted Windows, mainly Windows XP isn't worth it. I'd say to just do a clean install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-sp3-unable-to-enable-automatic-updates-or-install-ie8.1055963/
Relevancy 46.87%

Have a Dell inspiron r that recently starting failing to boot Windows encountered a problem blue screen and then goes into a automatic repair loop Things that I have tried - Ran Dell internal diagnostics no errors fix - 8.1 this automatic Windows to repair loop unable or issues - Booting to safe mode or command prompt I can't access safe mode or CMD due to the auto repair loop - Restore to a previous recovery point When I try any option in the advanced menu Windows give an error that I must log in as an administrator and that there are Windows 8.1 automatic repair loop - unable to fix this no administrators configured on the system single user who is an admin on the system - Boot with Windows install disc Unable to launch bcdedit as discussed in many articles tells me it can't load the boot configuration - Ran system restore from CD which runs for about minutes and then give an error that a file could not be accessed - From Windows CD I have run chkdsk no errors and SFC no issues found - There are no external devices connected to the laptop no USB mouse etc I've spent a few hours going over all the MS articles along with anything I could find on a forum given what I've attempted so far is there anything else I can do

A:Windows 8.1 automatic repair loop - unable to fix this

One other thing I tried was to manually replace the registry files in System32\Config from the last backup. That did not help.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/65658-windows-8-1-automatic-repair-loop-unable-fix.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello i have a little well big problem Symptom - My computer still works just my user has ALOT of crap on it and i was too lazy to clean it all create and Automatic new Updates unable user. to out so i went to delete and create a new user and i found out i cant i open up account screen to edit create or delete accounts and its just a blank window it has arrows and a home buttom which none work and it is responding i checked that LOTS Automatic Updates and unable to create new user. of times Symptom - Automatic updates disabled its self and i cant enable i treid the service and it wont let me reinable it any way i try it Here is my hijackthis log Quote Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running Automatic Updates and unable to create new user. processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run egui quot C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe quot hide waitservice O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Global Startup Kodak EasyShare software lnk C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/automatic-updates-and-unable-to-create-new-user-273356.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My laptop running Windows 8 Pro has been set to 'Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them' always for Windows Update. I have received the message, "Windows could not search for new updates" - Code 8007000E - daily since 19th April when choosing 'Check for updates' because 'Most recent check for updates' was stuck at that date. Nothing has changed regarding my internet connection and everything is working properly in this respect with my Windows 8 desktop PC. I changed the settings to 'Install updates automatically (recommended)' two days ago to no effect. Additionally, and in case this is relevant, Reliability Monitor has not updated since 14th April on my daily check.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/74886-unable-connect-automatic-updates-service.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I m doing some work on a friend s laptop with Vista Home Basic It has a C drive of GB amp a D drive with GB Whenever the computer booted up it complained about insufficient space on disk D which was full to the brim I had a look It had a folder named the same as the computer inside there were folders named quot Backup Set lt Date gt lt Time gt quot The first of those were GB in size each the rd was settings Backup change Unable Automatic to GB and the last GB I opened the System Restore tab I don t have a Vista in front of me so I don t Unable to change Automatic Backup settings remember exactly how to get there There was absolutely nothing I could do there Could not tick or untick the checkboxes next to the drives in the drive list all buttons except maybe the Restore button were grayed out Somehow the computer had been configured to store system backups for drive C on drive D and to assume D had an infinite quantity of free space How can I change it I d like to limit the total size used by System Restore and well generally configure the utility I did try the command line utility - vssadmin but it wouldn t cooperate or make any sense Any advice would be greatly appreciated D nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

An employee left the company last week. Before he did so he set up automatic forwarding of all his mails to other members of his group.
They don't need this and have asked me to stop it. However when I checked his Outlook (2007 on one PC and 2003 on another) he didn't have any rules set up.
He doesn't have access to change anything on the Exchange server so how else could he have done it?

Relevancy 46.44%

nbsp I bought a GB Sandisk SSD the correct type for my Pavilion x Notebook and want to replace the current GB HP SSD in my machine nbsp After considering the cloning option which would mean getting cloning software and an adapter to migrate the image to the new SSD I have determined that probably the better approach is to install Windows on the new SSD after I have installed it nbsp Can anyone provide guidance nbsp Pavilion x2 SSD (upgra... with on How to Windows new 10 install Suggestions nbsp For instance when I check the boot sequence which I assume I would have to set How to install Windows 10 on Pavilion x2 with new SSD (upgra... to USB nbsp I don't see a clear option just one How to install Windows 10 on Pavilion x2 with new SSD (upgra... for a USK Key or device nbsp I would want it to boot from the USB in which I would connect a Windows install nbsp Notwithstanding the Key activation issues I would appreciate some insight into how I can accomplish this nbsp I like this Pavilion x but the GB SSD really is How to install Windows 10 on Pavilion x2 with new SSD (upgra... too small nbsp Polenta

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-install-Windows-10-on-Pavilion-x2-with-new-SSD/td-p/5763785
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm considering the Ideapad 510 15" (Part Number 80SR0055CF).  i5-6200U, 4GB onboard RAM, 1TB 5400RPM hard drive.

Can I upgrade the RAM myself? I see some 510 models have 4GB onboard + a 4GB DIMM so I'm assuming that if I get the 4GB onboard they'll be an empty DIMM slot I could add RAM to, is that the case?  If so, what's the max memory I could add?

What about the hard drive, can it be upgraded/replaced?  At some point I would probably want to put in an SSD.

If someone could link to the hardware maintenance manual that would be really useful, then I could check these things myself.  I can't find the manual for this particular laptop.  Thank you!

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/510-15ISK-Can-the-hard-drive-and-or-RAM-be-upgraded-in-the/td-p/3398299
Relevancy 46.44%

I wish to upgrade this laptop ,therefore can somebody tell me the maximum capacity of RAM that this computer can take toghether with a HDD change
What HDD can I fit on my laptop to get the most upgrade possible
I am putting down the details of the tag as they appear at the back of the computer
         Dv 4378EA
S/N  [Personal Information Removed]
P/N ES973EA#ABZ

I presume they read;  Product: HP Pavilion dv40000
                                         Model:     ES973EA
                                         Series:     DV4378EA
Thank you
Gianni

A:pavilion dv4000 max RAM that can be installed and HDD upgra...

Here is the Service Manual: Manual It uses DDR333 aka PC2700 SO-DIMM maximum 2 gigs.  This memory should work for you: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-1GB-DDR-PC2700-2GB-333-PC-2700-SODIMM-LAPTOP-MEMORY-/370498461245?pt=US_M... For the replacement procedure, see page 5-15. The hard drive is shown at Page 5-7.  The hard drive type is EIDE aka PATA. This is "legacy" (obsolete) hardware and larger sized PATA drives are getting hard to find. There is no size constraint imposed by the BIOS or hardware, but the market may not supply you with anything bigger than about 320 gigs and it is going to be expensive to find a new one. The biggest I ever saw was a 500 gig but I have not seen one of those in years. You want to try to find a 5400 rpm or 7200 rpm model although 7200s are extermely hard to locate. 4200 rpm models are just too slow to use.  Here is a 320 gig on eBay for about $100: http://www.ebay.com/itm/WD-Western-Digital-320GB-2-5-IDE-Hard-Drive-HDD-PATA-Notebook-laptop-5400-rp...  If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.       

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/pavilion-dv4000-max-RAM-that-can-be-installed-and-HDD/td-p/3673358
Relevancy 46.44%

After automatic online updates by MS the system was automatically set offline by MS!

Notes:
a) hardware is ok - verified by other OS
b) network connections were ok during automatic update and are still ok verified by other OS systems
c) the automatic update is the only change in the software
d) the only message was from MS browser "we are sorry you are not connected to Internet"!

Questions:

(1/5) What can be done ?

(2/5) Windows 10 advices to use online support in the situation MS update set PC offline, why ?

(3/5) How can one use online support after having forced to offline ?

(4/5) Is there any way to prevent Microsoft update to modify network drivers / drivers is general ?

(5/5) Why did the update by MS set the system offline after having completed its operations!

A:Unable to connect to the internet after automatic online update by Mic

Had same problem. Connected with an Ethernet cable to router and Fios tech guys tried to fix problem. A lot of people on this forum tried to help with different solutions but I finally had to go back to Windows 7.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/37278-unable-connect-internet-after-automatic-online-update-mic.html
Relevancy 46.44%

After automatic online updates by MS the system was automatically set offline by MS!

Notes:
a) hardware is ok - verified by other OS
b) network connections were ok during automatic update and are still ok verified by other OS systems
c) the automatic update is the only change in the software
d) the only message was from MS browser "we are sorry you are not connected to Internet"!

Questions:

(1/5) What can be done ?

(2/5) Windows 10 advices to use online support in the situation MS update set PC offline, why ?

(3/5) How can one use online support after having forced to offline ?

(4/5) Is there any way to prevent Microsoft update to modify network drivers / drivers is general ?

(5/5) Why did the update by MS set the system offline after having completed its operations!

A:Unable to connect to the internet after automatic online update by Mic

Had same problem. Connected with an Ethernet cable to router and Fios tech guys tried to fix problem. A lot of people on this forum tried to help with different solutions but I finally had to go back to Windows 7.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/37278-unable-connect-internet-after-automatic-online-update-mic.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My PC fails to boot into Windows and launches Automatic Repair to attempt to repair Windows. When i try to refresh or reset alway get msg " there is a problem resetting your pc, no changes are made" My PC is preinstalled so no I don't have recovery CD/DVD
Here pics

A:Unable to refresh or reset PC after Automatic Repair fail

It may take an Automatic Repair several times to complete a repair. If you have allowed it to do that, have you tried any of the Startup Settings on the advanced options to see if you can repair it?

Do you have any idea why it might have gone into the repair mode?

Have you tried doing the Factory Reset procedure for the system?

Edit: When you system does an automatic repair, it is supposed to create a log file called srttrail.txt. This file is located in the directory below. If you can get into the command prompt and navigate to that location, you might be able to copy the file to a flash drive so you could attach it. Maybe it will have some information.

C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt

If you need to find the drive letter for a flash drive, use diskpart.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/47686-unable-refresh-reset-pc-after-automatic-repair-fail.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I will quote from an article on the Microsoft site Article ID Quote Consider the following scenario You have Windows or Windows Pro installed on your PC Your PC fails to boot into Windows and launches Automatic Repair to attempt to repair Windows Automatic Repair is unable to repair your PC and you select quot Advanced options quot After selecting quot Troubleshoot quot you choose to either quot Refresh after Repair fails refresh PC or reset Unable Automatic to your PC quot or Unable to refresh or reset PC after Automatic Repair fails quot Reset your PC quot In this scenario recovery may fail and you are returned back to the main WinRE screen This issue may occur if the System or Software registry hives have become damaged or corrupted To attempt to resolve this issue follow the steps below NOTE Following these steps should only be used if you are attempting to use the quot Refresh your PC quot or quot Reset your PC quot options in Windows RE because your system is in a non-bootable state After Automatic Repair fails to repair your PC select quot Advanced options quot and then quot Troubleshoot quot Select quot Advanced options quot and then select quot Command Prompt quot If prompted enter in the password for the user name At the Command Prompt go to the windows system config folder by typing the following command cd windir system config Rename the System and Software registry hives to System and Software by using the following commands ren system system ren software software I did all that but when I tried to rename the Software file the system responds quot The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process quot I tried to create a Ubuntu start up usb key so that i could maybe get in and rename the file but that presented more problems that I couldn't understand so I came here for more advice Any ideas about how to get past this cycle would be much appreciated

A:Unable to refresh or reset PC after Automatic Repair fails

Ok, I'll bite...

If the message is correct, it appears something still has control of the file. I suppose two questions come to mind. Have you done a cold boot prior to trying the procedure, and how and with what media exactly did you boot into command prompt?

If you are doing the boot correctly, all I might think is that a recovery drive might not allow you to boot completely offline, or the recovery/restore process still has some type of control of the files.

Depending on your reply, I will try to see what mine does.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/29257-unable-refresh-reset-pc-after-automatic-repair-fails.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a lot of problems unable to turn Pop Corrupt on Icons, updates Automatic ups/Ads, at once with my PC I am a software developer so I did try to juggle around with my inadequate skills I have got the following problems Someone gave me a disk with thinstall enabled Office software on it which perhaps triggered this all The main problems are Many pop-ups Ads Buffer Overrun Messages Explorer not Loading Many Icons are corrupt now They are either showing default EXE icon or Default NOICON I can not trun on the automatic updates Even if I go to the Windows website for live updates it Pop ups/Ads, Corrupt Icons, unable to turn on Automatic updates gives me errors I have tried a number of things like full scans using Mcafee Ad-ware Spy Sweeper has done a bit of trick for me but not all the problems have gone Kindly Suggest me what I need to do next I have got XP Media Centre with service Pack But I am sure it is not SP Here is the the HijackThis Log File Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS system crypserv exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files McAfee MBK MBackMonitor exe C WINDOWS system CNAB RPK EXE C Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C PROGRA McAfee MPS mps exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C mysql bin mysqld-nt exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exe C Program Files McAfee MPS mpsevh exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C Program Files O bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System StkASv K exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Intel IntelDH Intel R Quick Resume Technology ELService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title IE-Chaji R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pop-ups-ads-corrupt-icons-unable-to-turn-on-automatic-updates.715307/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am unable to boot my laptop with Windows 8 Pro. It was working fine after upgrade finished from win 7, but IE10 locked up and I pressed the power button for 4 secs to shut it off, when turning it back on it's locked on a loop ? preparing auto repair, diagnosing , Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC , shut down or advance options," every thing I try goes back to restart the same loop. Is there a way to bypass the prep auto repair on startup? I tried booting from installation disk but at a certain point it tells you to remove installation media and boot from OS and again the same loop. Help!!!!!!

A:Preparing automatic repair loop unable to boot

I had this happen on a laptop with an SSD that was refurbished, but tested ok. At this point it's kinda scary and I'm not sure if I can really trust the OS. I'm going to try a different SSD, but that repair loop is a bad, bad sign. Hopefully they can get this fixed ASAP.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/12627-preparing-automatic-repair-loop-unable-boot.html
Relevancy 46.44%

hi there I've got an automatic config script running in my LAN settings I don't know where it came from and when I try to remove it it keeps reappearing The address is http wpad pac stamp Here's my dds log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by user at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV avast Antivirus script Unable automatic settings config to LAN remove in Disabled Outdated AD D -BA - C - - A AD B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP avast Antivirus Disabled Unable to remove automatic config script in LAN settings Outdated ACCC CA - C - C - B -AFE D E Running Processes C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system nvvsvc exe C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C windows system WLANExt exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display NvXDSync exe C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Program Files x Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Hola app hola updater exe C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C windows system taskhost exe C windows system Dwm exe C windows system taskeng exe C windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Samsung Easy Display Manager WifiManager exe C Program Files x CyberLink YouCam YCMMirage exe C Program Files x Samsung Easy Display Manager dmhkcore exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exe C windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrlHelper exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Hola app hola exe C Users des AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Users des AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyWebHelper exe C Program Files x Garmin ANT Agent ANT Agent exe C windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x ZOOM Edit Share bin ZOOM Edit amp Share startup exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Recovery Solution WCScheduler exe C Program Files Samsung SamsungFastStart SmartRestarter exe C Program Files x Adobe Elements Organizer PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C windows system igfxext exe C windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files x Samsung Movie Color Enhancer MovieColorEnhancer exe C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Support Center SSCKbdHk exe C windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Program Files Hola app hola svc exe C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Update Plus SUPBackground exe C windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x CyberLink Media Player Media Player Serv exe C windows system hkcmd exe C windows system igfxtray exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Updatus daemonu exe C windows system igfxpers exe C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows... Read more

A:Unable to remove automatic config script in LAN settings

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/534681 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534681/unable-to-remove-automatic-config-script-in-lan-settings/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello My computer is running on Windows Home Premium and has been infected with a number of Sirefef trojans After repeated attempts to clean them out using Microsoft Security Essentials the computer began restarting frequently and at random I am unable to complete a DDS log but I have to run unable repeated shutdowns, DDS. infection, automatic Sirefef used a flash drive and the boot menu to run and collect logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool I don t know where to go from here and I could use some help fixing this problem Thanks in advance FRST Log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Version - - Ran by SYSTEM at - - Running from G Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US The current controlset is ControlSet Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run RtHDVCpl C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl Sirefef infection, repeated automatic shutdowns, unable to run DDS. exe -s - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run RtHDVBg C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe FORPCEE - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run SynTPEnh ProgramFiles Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM Run SynBtnAsst ProgramFiles Synaptics SynTP Sirefef infection, repeated automatic shutdowns, unable to run DDS. SynBtnAsst exe Utility Window - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM Run EnergyUtility C Program Files x Lenovo Energy Management utility exe - - Lenovo beijing Limited HKLM Run Energy Management C Program Files x Lenovo Energy Management Energy Management exe - - Lenovo Beijing Sirefef infection, repeated automatic shutdowns, unable to run DDS. Limited HKLM Run BCSSync quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe quot DelayServices - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run ltser rundll exe quot C Users JC Desktop AppData Roaming ltser dll quot BindContext - - DT Soft Ltd HKLM Run msogr quot C Windows System rundll exe quot quot C Users JC Desktop AppData Roaming msogr dll quot SetProgress - - HKLM Run MSC quot c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe quot -hide -runkey - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun - - Advanced Micro Devices Inc HKLM-x Run MuteSync C PROGRA Lenovo LENOVO MuteSync exe - - Lenovo HKLM-x Run UpdateP GShortCut quot C Program Files x Lenovo Power Go MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe quot quot C Program Files x Lenovo Power Go quot UpdateWithCreateOnce quot SOFTWARE CyberLink Power Go quot - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run Lenovo SplitScreen quot C Program Files Lenovo Lenovo SplitScreen SplitScreen AutoRunSpS exe quot - - Lenovo HKLM-x Run UCam Menu quot c Program Files x Lenovo YouCam MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe quot quot c Program Files x Lenovo YouCam quot UpdateWithCreateOnce quot Software CyberLink YouCam quot - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run YouCam Mirror Tray icon quot c Program Files x Lenovo YouCam YouCamTray exe quot s - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run VeriFaceManager C Program Files x Lenovo VeriFace PManage exe - - Lenovo HKLM-x Run Lenovo SlideNav quot C Program Files Lenovo Lenovo SlideNav SlidebarNavigator SlideNavVDM exe quot - - Lenovo HKLM-x Run Everything quot C Program Files x Everything Everything exe quot -startup - - HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot - - Sun Microsystems Inc HKU JC Desktop Run Google Update quot C Users JC Desktop AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c - - Google Inc HKU JC Desktop Run Steam quot C Program Files x Steam steam exe quot -silent - - Valve Corporation HKU JC Desktop Run Aim quot C Program Files x AIM aim exe quot d locale en-US - - AOL Inc HKU JC Desktop Run F lux quot C User... Read more

A:Sirefef infection, repeated automatic shutdowns, unable to run DDS.

Greetings And Welcome To The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems. I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the flash drive as fixlist.txt
Replace: C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-s..s-servicecontroller_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_2b54b20ee6fa07b1\services.exe C:\Windows\System32\services.exe
C:\Windows\Installer\{c409bc2a-34f2-5692-8eac-3395e9e7df92}
C:\Users\JC Desktop\AppData\Local\{c409bc2a-34f2-5692-8eac-3395e9e7df92}
C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Desktop.ini
C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_64\Desktop.ini
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system On Vista or Windows 7: Now please enter System Recovery Options. Run FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait. The tool will make a log on the flash drive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.Gringo[/b]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461354/sirefef-infection-repeated-automatic-shutdowns-unable-to-run-dds/
Relevancy 46.44%

Due to my Asus -bit Laptop with Windows running very slow and having often Windows Update Errors I decided to try System Restore but it was stuck for hours on preparing files so I shut the computer down But when I started it up again the Restore continued for an hour and then restarted I received the error unable to restore to system restore point I decided to do a Refresh of Drive C On many tries I received the error message The drive where windows is installed is locked try again Since this didn't work I tried restoring to a recent System Image I had on an external drive I got the error message versions of windows don't match Then I tried Automatic Repair and got Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC I have since used sfc Repair Refresh, 8.1 Restore Windows Automatic in or Unable to scannow and in the CBS Log Unable to Refresh, Restore or Automatic Repair in Windows 8.1 there is an entry many times that says Failed to internally open package HRESULT x f - CBS E INVALID PACKAGE I read somewhere on the net that this might have to do with the Partitions so I looked Unable to Refresh, Restore or Automatic Repair in Windows 8.1 at them and was suprised to see extra partitions of about MB each that I had never seen there before I will include here the logs from Adwcleaner Junkware removal Farbars MiniToolbox and Farbars Service Scanner I would really like to Refresh my computer I have no Recovery DVD at my location and want to avoid loss of my personal files Please let me know if you can help me to solve this problem Thanks very much Mark

A:Unable to Refresh, Restore or Automatic Repair in Windows 8.1

Due to my Asus 64-bit Laptop with Windows 8.1 running very slow and having often Windows Update Errors, I decided to try System Restore, but it was stuck for hours on "preparing files" so I shut the computer down.  But when I started it up again, the Restore continued for an hour and then restarted. I received the error "unable to restore to system restore point". 

I decided to do a Refresh of Drive C. On many tries, I received the error message "The drive where windows is installed is locked, try again". Since this didn't work, I tried restoring to a recent System Image I had on an external drive.  I got the error message "versions of windows don't match...". Then I tried Automatic Repair and got "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC". 
I have since used sfc/scannow and in the CBS Log there is an entry many times that says: Failed to internally open package. [HRESULT = 0x800f0805 - CBS_E_INVALID_PACKAGE]. 

I read somewhere on the net that this might have to do with the Partitions...so I looked at them, and was suprised to see 3 extra partitions of about 300MB each that I had never seen there before...

I will include here the logs from Adwcleaner, Junkware removal, Farbars MiniToolbox and Farbars Service Scanner.

I would really like to Refresh my computer.  I have no Recovery DVD at my location and want to avoid loss of my personal files.  Please let me know if you can help me to solve this problem.

Thanks very much, Mark
I don't have all the answers but I will tell you what I do know.
When you get that notification that the hard drive is locked, it usually means that the hard drive can not be used, that is to say that it is damaged or not even present.
So, that being the case, it's almost sure that the disk is corrupt.
The best way to fix that is through a command while the system is running and when you choose the partition that you're using, yoiu'll be told that Windows can't do the diskcheck with the OS running and it will offfer to do it at the next reboot.
Unfortunately, the normal way of accessing this type of scan from Tools in Computer properties, now does a lightweight job with the system running and I have never successfully repaired a hard drive with that method.
Once you open your command window, I suggest you copy and paste the following command.   chkdsk /r C:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545615/unable-to-refresh-restore-or-automatic-repair-in-windows-81/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello.Our Laptop is an lenovo yoga 500. windows 10it is has an i3 processor.and runs on 4gb ram. but it lags so much on alot of things.this includes facebook. alot of the time the memory uses 73% and that is me just using the browser on youtube! i can hardly visit some sites.this happens alot and sometimes it does not. so if i were to upgrad the ram, would it make a difference?would the performance be better? or will i be fighting a loosing battle.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-500-BIG-PERFORMANCE-ISSUES-will-upgrading-RAM-help/td-p/3398151
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, I have ideapad 100-14ibd(80RK).I ran lenovo companion app, on the memory section , it says that using 2GB out of 8GB.That means I can upgrade 8GB memory.After few weeks, the laptop bluescreen on boot up and I use onekey recovery to restore the system to initial state.Now when I check at memory section in companion app, now it says that using 2GB out of 16GB.That means I can put 16GB straight into the slot or is the app just a lie?The manual says max are 8GB memory. Now I confuse. Companion App (Memory tab)?Intel® Core? i3-5005U Processor (3M Cache, 2.00 GHz)  Hardware Maintenance Manual - ideapad 100-14IBD Thanks in advance.

A:Ideapad 100-14ibd 80RK - Max memory(RAM) can upgra...

[email protected]  To find out how much RAM your operating system supports running the following software:http://eu.crucial.com/eur/en/systemscanner Regards.

Click on the star to say thanks.Please mark if it solves your problem.No work for LENOVO I volunteer.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-100-14ibd-80RK-Max-memory-RAM-can-upgrade-8GB-or-16GB/td-p/3341328
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello. First let me tell you about my machine:
    HP  G62x-400 CTO Notebook
    Model # LD642AV
   [personal information removed]
    Windows 7 home premium

I attempted to upgrade ton Windows 10. At the very end of the process, I got an error message saying that the upgrade failed. I thought -- so I am back to Windows 7 and that is OK. But now, I receive frequent error messages telling me that various "entry points" can not be found on DLL files that I believe are in Windows 10 ONLY. How do I get rid of the problem?

Thank you for your help.

A:G62 notebook - recovering from unsuccessful attempt to upgra...

Craig3428 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!Wish I had good news for you, but I don't. While Microsoft tells you that there is no risk in the Win10 Upgrade, because they let you believe that you can always revert back to your original OS and setup within 30 days, the ugly fact of the matter is that the Win10 GoBack function has proven to be unreliable -- and when it fails, it can leave machines in a corrupted state -- which doesn't always happen, but it does happen often enough to be a problem and you won't get any warning in advance that it is going to trash your PC!So, while you DO have Win7 back, most likely, something got corrupted in the process. To further complicate matters, while I would recommend using HP Recovery Media to restore your PC to its original condition. That would erase the entire drive, format the drive, and install the OS, the drivers, and the HP utilities.Unfortunately, there is no HP Recovery Media linked to the HP Product Page for your PC. This could be an oversight by HP, or it could also mean that HP no longer stocks the recovery media for your PC. They no long stock recovery media for the older PCs.Since HP no longer provides Recovery Media for your model, a couple of other sites you should check are: http://www.computersurgeons.com/ and http://www.restoredisks.com/Understand that the first thing Recovery Media does is reformat the hard drive -- erasing everything from the drive. So, BEFORE you attempt this, you need to save off all the files and data you want to retain.Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/G62-notebook-recovering-from-unsuccessful-attempt-to-upgrade/td-p/5741886
Relevancy 46.01%

hi i bought the hp au006tx laptop.i want to upgrade my internal hdd to ssd.is my latop upgradable?i have Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD.is this compatible with my laptop.kindly reply me.my laptop model is hp au006tx.it has 8gb ram,1tb hdd,4gb nvidia 940mx graphics.i want to replace that 1 tb hdd with 500gb samsung model ssd as mentioned above.tell me whether my laptop is compatible with that samsung 850 evo 2.5inch sata III internal ssd 500gb.kindly reply me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hi-i-bought-the-hp-au006tx-version-of-the-laptop-can-i/td-p/5729090
Relevancy 46.01%

Brand new E51-80 with Win7 - couldn't upgrade to Win10, got stuck at 'searching for updates'.Tried the same in Win7 with same result, just got stuck in 'searching for updates'.  Tried several solutions i Googled - no success. Then i uninstalled the 'bloatware' McAfee installation, and everything worked again!!  Just to help others that also run into this issue. /Henrik - Denmark

/Henrik - DenmarkX220 - i7-2620, 8GB, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD (I just LOVE my X220!)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/E51-80-Windows-update-stuck-same-for-Win10-upgrade/td-p/3476152
Relevancy 46.01%

I nbsp have an Ideapad Flex nbsp Since I upgraded yesterday to Windows I have lost the touchscreen ability I had up to that point on Windows On search working not Ideapad touchscreen upgra... on (Flex 15) for pen and touch I was given this message on a system information page No pen or touch input is available for this display I have looked in device manager under Human Interface Devices Expanding the Ideapad (Flex 15) touchscreen not working on upgra... view to show hidden devices I see HID compliant touch screen When I click to get device status this is the message nbsp Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code To fix this problem reconnect this hardware device to the computer nbsp How do I do that I Ideapad (Flex 15) touchscreen not working on upgra... note a similar problem in Windows on this posting nbsp http answers microsoft com en-us windows forum windows -hardware touchscreen-not-working c cda nbsp Does anyone have any idea how to reconnect the hardware device -- or at least to solve this problem Thanks nbsp nbsp Mod's Edit Added model to Subject line for clarity Solved Go to Solution

A:Ideapad (Flex 15) touchscreen not working on upgra...

I solved the problem here for my sister's Flex 14.Press Windows+X and open Device Manager, go to Mouse and uninstall USB touchscreen.Solved the problem here...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-Flex-15-touchscreen-not-working-on-upgrade-to-Windows-10/td-p/2139721
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

My mom's laptop picked up the XP Security 2012 malware, and I think I've all but wiped it out thanks to the instructions on this site. However I'm still not able to turn Automatic Updates back on, so I think I may still be infected. I downloaded Comodo Antivirus and scans are showing negative. How do you think I should proceed?

A:Unable to Activate Automatic Updates After Cleaning XP Security 2012

Hi Try thisYou may be missing automatic updates from your servicesClick on start button ,go to RUN and typecmd and click okNow run this commandregsvr32 wuaueng.dll and press ENTERNow go to RUN and typeservices.msc and click okRight click on Automatic updates and start itIf that doesnt fix the issue,run the MICROSOFT FIXIThttp://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9665683If that doesnt work,Download dial-a-fixhttp://djlizard.net.nyud.net:8080/software/Dial-a-fix-v0.60.0.24.zipExtract and launch itClick on TICK mark and then click on GOGood luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435387/unable-to-activate-automatic-updates-after-cleaning-xp-security-2012/
Relevancy 46.01%

This seems to be a real challenge!

I am Unable to refresh or reset Windows 8 after Automatic Repair fails. One error says out space but it is not. another error says hard drive is write protected. I have scanned the drive and removed 10 virus and performed CHKDSK.

Any help provided would be much appreciated.

A:Unable to refresh or reset Windows 8 after Automatic Repair fails!

I'm going to guess that your system isn't clean yet.
I'm also going to suggest to a moderator that this thread be moved into the forum where you can get the expert assistance you need
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552321/unable-to-refresh-or-reset-windows-8-after-automatic-repair-fails/
Relevancy 46.01%

I will quote from an article on the Microsoft site Article ID Consider the following scenario You have Windows or Windows Pro installed on your PC Your PC fails to boot into Windows and launches Automatic Repair to attempt to repair Windows Automatic Repair is unable to repair your PC and you select quot Advanced options quot After selecting quot Troubleshoot quot you choose to either quot Refresh your PC quot or quot Reset your PC quot In this scenario recovery may fail and you are returned back to the main WinRE screen This issue may occur if the System or Software registry hives have reset Repair 8 PC Windows or to Automatic refresh in after fails Unable become damaged or corrupted To attempt to resolve this issue follow the steps below NOTE Following Unable to refresh or reset PC after Automatic Repair fails in Windows 8 these steps should only be used if you are attempting to use the quot Refresh your PC quot or quot Reset your PC quot options in Windows RE because your system is in a non-bootable state After Automatic Repair fails to repair your PC select quot Advanced options quot and then quot Troubleshoot quot Select quot Advanced options quot and then select quot Command Prompt quot If prompted enter in the password for the user name At the Command Prompt go to the windows system config folder by typing the following command cd windir system config Rename the System and Software registry hives to System and Software by using the following commands ren system system ren software software Click to expand I did all that but when I tried to rename the Software file the system responds quot The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process quot I tried to create a Ubuntu start up usb key so that i could maybe get in and rename the file but that presented more problems that I couldn t understand so I came here for more advice Any ideas about how to get past this cycle would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello nbsp I have after Windows upgra... upgrade driver 10 Aspire 5750G an Acer Aspire G Last night my computer randomly Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra... decided to do the Windows upgrade I did not click okay or accept the terms or conditions or anything It just logged off nbsp and started doing the upgrade and I Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra... couldn't quit out of it Anyway I didn't get a chance to check if all of the drivers etc were compatible with windows After the upgrade most things seem to be working fine Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra... so far However the scroll bar on my mouse trackpad no longer works Is this something I can fix by simply upgrading the driver If so where do I find the correct one nbsp Are there any other drivers that I should upgrade I was told by a friend that I should upgrade drivers from the generic microsoft ones and install better drivers that are specific to the brand of my computer However Acer only seems to have downloadable drivers for Windows or for my computer nbsp Any help is appreciated nbsp Thanks Claire

A:Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra...

A perhaps more relevant question right now is if you want to stay with the unintentional Win10 installation or go back to your original factory-installed Windows 7 version? Jack E/NJ 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5750G-driver-upgrade-after-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/438246
Relevancy 45.58%

acer extensa 2508 touchpad not working after upgrade to win 10, it was running win 7

A:acer extensa 2508 touchpad not working after upgra...

Hi motlotlegi Try reinstalling the driver - go to device manager, right click & select uninstall. Restart the laptop & Windows will reinstall it. Hopefully it should now work. If not then check Acer's support for your region to see if there is an updated driver.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Extensa/acer-extensa-2508-touchpad-not-working-after-upgrade-to-win-10/td-p/402071
Relevancy 45.58%

adding a second hard drive to a Pavilion dv7 1020us 

A:adding a second hard drive to a Pavilion dv7 1020us or upgra...

It can be done. I used to have one of those model series and if I recall correctly the SATA drive plugs right into the motherboard so you do not need an adapter just a caddy.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-DV7-1000-Series-2-5-HDD-Hard-Drive-Disk-Caddy-Enclosure-AM01Q000400-/1522... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Qouyng8hQ  If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/adding-a-second-hard-drive-to-a-Pavilion-dv7-1020us-or/td-p/5808902
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello nbsp I have an Acer Aspire G Last night my computer randomly decided to do the Windows upgrade I did not click okay or accept the terms or conditions or anything It just logged off nbsp and started doing the after Windows 10 driver upgra... Aspire upgrade 5750G upgrade and I couldn't quit out of it Anyway I didn't get a chance to check if all Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra... of the drivers etc were compatible with windows Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra... After the upgrade most things seem to be working fine so far However the scroll bar on my mouse trackpad no longer works Is this something I can fix by simply upgrading the driver If so where do I find the correct one nbsp Are there any other drivers that I should upgrade I was told by a friend that I should upgrade drivers from the generic microsoft ones and install better drivers that are specific to the brand of my computer However Acer only seems to have downloadable drivers for Windows or for my computer nbsp Any help is appreciated nbsp Thanks Claire

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5750G-driver-upgrade-after-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/438246/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 45.58%

My HP desktop PC, Envy 700-220ef, upgraded itself to Windows 10 a few days ago, without my blessing. Since them, at startup time it goes directly from the BIOS/POST screen to the Windows blue logo, so I get no chance, as I did before with Windows 8.1, to see the UEFI menu and select from it the operating system or boot source I want. How can I get the UEFI menu back ? Thanks.  

A:How to get UEFI boot menu to show up after windows 10 upgra...

@jpmarinier?, welcome to the forum. You should right click on the Start button in the lower left corner: select Command Prompt (Admin) / at the Prompt copy and paste this command: bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes / it will tell you that the command has been completed successfully / type Exit and reboot.  I did this and it gave me the Bootmgr screen. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/How-to-get-UEFI-boot-menu-to-show-up-after-windows-10/td-p/5683923
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,I recently acquired a z600 with a quad core Intel Xeon E550 and I would like to know if it is possible/desirable to put my old z400 two quad core Intel Xeon W3550.I checked and both use socket b type soo I'd assume I should have a problem but as hardware is outside of my knowledge base I wanted to ask =)Thank you in advance

A:Changing my z600 processor to my z400 processors - CPU upgra...

Hi, The z600 series of workstations support Intel Xeon Processor X5570 QC 2.93 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor X5560 QC 2.80 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor X5550 QC 2.66 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5540 QC 2.53 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5530 QC 2.40 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5520 QC 2.26 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5506 QC 2.13 GHz, 80W, 4M cache, 4.80GT/s QPI, DDR3 800 MHzIntel Xeon Processor E5504 QC 2.00 GHz, 80W, 4M cache, 4.80GT/s QPI, DDR3 800 MHzLooks like they support CPU's with 80W to 95W. The Intel Xeon W3550 has TDP 130W .     http://ark.intel.com/products/39720/Intel-Xeon-Processor-W3550-8M-Cache-3_06-GHz-4_80-GTs-Intel-QPI I don't think this is going to work. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Changing-my-z600-processor-to-my-z400-processors-CPU-upgrade/td-p/5854559
Relevancy 45.58%

acer extensa 2508 touchpad not working after upgrade to win 10, it was running win 7

A:acer extensa 2508 touchpad not working after upgra...

Hi motlotlegi Try reinstalling the driver - go to device manager, right click & select uninstall. Restart the laptop & Windows will reinstall it. Hopefully it should now work. If not then check Acer's support for your region to see if there is an updated driver.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Extensa/acer-extensa-2508-touchpad-not-working-after-upgrade-to-win-10/td-p/402071/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 45.58%

I upgraded from Windows to Windows 10 to Unable Automatic access Loop. Repair Windows Startup Settings nbsp Upgrade went fine and it was working Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop. Unable to access Startup Settings nbsp After booting up back Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop. Unable to access Startup Settings up for the first time since the install I ve become stuck in an automatic repair loop nbsp I get the quot Preparing Automatic Repair quot then quot Diagnosing your Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop. Unable to access Startup Settings PC quot before getting the error quot Your PC did not start correctly quot nbsp General advice on this issue is by using the advanced troubleshoot options I can use Startup Settings to access Safe Mode nbsp However when selecting Startup Settings and restarting the loop continues - no Startup Menu nbsp I have tried every option within the advanced options - Startup Repair Couldn t repair your PC - System Image Recovery and Go back to Previous Build no image no previous build With System Restore I think I might have found the primary issue nbsp I get two options for a restart - both critical windows updates and spaced a minute apart When scanning for affected programs on either restore point I get the error quot There was an unexpected error The Configuration Registry Database is corrupt x F quot If I do try to proceed with the restore I get the option to restore from the OS D System but then get the error that the quot disk OS D has errors nbsp Windows has detected file system corruption on OS D You must check the disk for errors before it can be restored quot Upon checking for errors Windows tells me no errors were found Anyone got any ideas nbsp If it is a registry issue how do I access when I can t get in

A:Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop. Unable to access Startup Settings

michalephuong,You can click the link below for information on resolving this error. What is the model of Dell Computer do you have that is giving you this error?How to fix Configuration Registry Database Is Corrupt 0x800703f1 Error?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19997170
Relevancy 45.58%

Yesterday when I shutdown my laptop I got the notification that updates were in progress and not to shut down. After completed I attempted to startup and laptop will not complete startup. After powering up I get past the password log in and the task bar and icons appear. Only a third of the icons are in color the rest are b/w. When I hold the cursor over the task bar I get the working circle and when holding over the icons I get the arrow. After 30 seconds or so the screen flashes on and off as if the laptop is stuck at a point in the process. It never fully starts and flashes until I hit cont/alt/del and power off. Can anyone help?
Thanks

A:Unable to startup a Lenovo P500 running 8.0 after automatic software updates

Hi there is a known issue with some of the Tuesday 12th August updates, I am finding references to this all over the net.
Do you have the rescue disk or other bootable media from when you got the computer?
If so have a look at the "Known Issue 3" on this page, it describes how to get out of the problem, here is the Microsoft page :-

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2982791/en-us

Nev.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544845/unable-to-startup-a-lenovo-p500-running-80-after-automatic-software-updates/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello, I'm having trouble upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10.  The installation (manual and automatic) fails due to the incompatibility of ProtectTools Security Manager (according to Microsoft). This is also described in a document I found on the HP website: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5212912&docId=emr_na-c04734799&docLocale... .Before I can uninstall ProtectTools, I need to unistall other HP tools, like Device Access Manager,... And there lies my problem: how do I uninstall Device Access manager? It's not listed under 'Programs and features'. I tried uninstall tools like CCleaner and Revo Unistaller, but they can't find it either. I have installed the latest version of ProtectTools, via the SoftPaq Download Manager and disabled all features in ProtectTools, as far as I can tell. How do I uninstall the ProtectTools suite? Best regards,Wim.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:ProtectTools Device Access Manager blocking Windows 10 upgra...

I found a way to remove it, on this website: http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Device-Access-Manager-for-HP-ProtectTools-9553-program.aspx Run: MsiExec.exe /X{55B52830-024A-443E-AF61-61E1E71AFA1B} That fixed it for me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/ProtectTools-Device-Access-Manager-blocking-Windows-10/td-p/5178084
Relevancy 45.15%

I recently upgraded to Windows and since then I have been receiving the following Windows message started upgra... Driver error Graphics 10 after message while playing a game Display driver Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows R stopped responding and has Graphics Driver error message started after Windows 10 upgra... successfully recovered nbsp nbsp I checked my graphics driver and it said it was up-to-date nbsp I have tried installling the latest drivers for my notebook model as per the HP drivers page the December version installed with no problem but did not fix the issue nbsp An error message pops up when I try to install the March and April versions of the graphics drivers stating that they are not compatible with my computer nbsp I have also tried both the HP and Intel Driver update utilities and was told that my drivers are up-to-date nbsp However when I look at the properties for my Intel R HD Graphics Family in Device Manager I notice that the information on the Events tab states Device PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS E C amp REV B amp amp amp requires further installation nbsp I am not sure what needs updating on my computer or if this driver is incompatible with Windows and there is not yet an upgrade nbsp Any advice or guidance would be appreciated nbsp My computer model is the HP Pavilion -p ca Notebook PC ENERGY STAR model G U UA ABL and the graphics driver is version

A:Graphics Driver error message started after Windows 10 upgra...

Hi @Gneiss, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I understand from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP Pavilion 15-p050ca Notebook and a error message Display drive Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows stopped responding and has successfully recovered. I would uninstall all that are listed in the Device Manager. Click the arrow next to Display Adapters to expand that category. Right-click on Graphics and select Update Driver Software if more than 1 Graphics adapter do 1 at a time. Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driverAfter the installation is complete, restart your Notebook. It should automatically update with a new Driver and software. If you need to update the Display Adapters. I would follow the method of right clicking on them in the Device Manager only. This will update the drivers on your system to work with Windows 10. Please get back to me how this goes. If this post helps you to resolve the issue you can click the Thumbs up icon to show gratitude! Please click the Accept as Solution, to the right of the Thumbs up icon, if your issues is resolved.   Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphics-Driver-error-message-started-after-Windows-10/td-p/5601140
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,I've been considering buying a new GPU for my SFF M92p.I currently have 1GB 620 GT nvidia GPU & I would like to upgrade to a 2GB GPU.  i7-3770 Cpu 3.4GHzWindows 1016GB DDR3 RAM1T HDPSU - 240 Watt I need professional assistance on : - Can i find 2GB GPU to use on this current system @ 240 ?- If not, would i need to change my PSU ? And where do i buy such a unit ? What's it called ? [It's for gaming]    

A:Lenovo ThinkCentre M92p 2988-E2U [Video card upgra...

The GTX 750 Ti could work with a SFF M92p.   Upgrade to the latest BIOS beforehand, CD ISO method is most reliable.   Check that there aren't any taller heatsinks on the motherboard that could interfere with the graphics card (refer to photos of the card.)   

Since your system is older, to ensure the necessary airflow, clean the front air intake and fan with vacuum and canned compressed air, jam the fan with a cable tie or similar so it can't spin and over-speed.  Same for CPU fan and heat sink, and vac the intake and rear exhaust of the power supply.  

I can confirm that this MSI brand low-profile  GTX 750 Ti 2GB  card works perfectly in my M93p SFF machine without upgrading the PSU:   MSI N750-Ti-2GD5TLP

Measuring the power draw running Prime95 (CPU benchmark) , FurMark (GPU benchmark) , charging mobile phone via USB and copying large files at the same time , it stays below 190W.   Have been running this for several hours. I have also been playing Fallout 4 (FullHD, ultra textures, 60 FPS) for 100 hours without any problems.   As the case is quite compact, I was worried about the temperature but it stays below 80C for the GPU at full power over extended periods of time (about 25C ambient temp in the room). 

Installation is ok. Just mount the low profile bracket and move the PCIe 1x WiFi card (if you have one) into another slot.  Preferably leave an empty slot next to the graphics card.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Lenovo-ThinkCentre-M92p-2988-E2U-Video-card-upgrade/td-p/3297092
Relevancy 44.72%

So I've got Installation w/ compressed: to Disc Unable Vista Perform 'Automatic Bootmgr Repair' the Bootmgr is compressed error upon bootup after I uninstalled 'Spyhunter' which I now loathe I Bootmgr compressed: Unable to Perform 'Automatic Repair' w/ Vista Installation Disc do not have any Vista discs so I burned a Vista installation ISO to DVD amp unlike in the other guides I've seen online I do not seem to have the option to repair or open command prompt It seems to just want to reinstall Windows I do not have the option of opening properties on my C drive to uncompress it I can see that all of my data is still on the disc but when I click 'load driver' it asks me to install the 'device driver' needed to access my hard drive I do not know what this is asking for nor where to find it nor even what that would give me access to This is the window I'm currently on not my image Do I need a Vista 'recovery' disc vs installation disc specifically I'm unfamiliar with the differences as I've not done this before If I do go ahead amp reinstall will all my music images videos etc be moved to 'Windows old' amp will they still be relatively organized ie all folders amp subfolders intact I've spent years organizing my stuff with lots of sub folders thousand flacs mp s organized by era genre file type that were not kept in the default 'My Music' folder amp would hate to see just a long endless list of random files Also what about installed software Will that all have to be reinstalled redownloaded amp will all previous settings be lost I would much rather fix the bootmgr problem itself rather than reinstalling as I can see all my data is still in tact Any help to relieve my anxiety is appreciated

A:Bootmgr compressed: Unable to Perform 'Automatic Repair' w/ Vista Installation Disc

Nevermind, finally found a Vista repair ISO, though it was in German & I had to use a second computer to translate to English, it worked.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/303842-bootmgr-compressed-unable-perform-automatic-repair-w-vista-installation-disc.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My wifi on my laptop is just on that orange light it not coming up, what can I do about it?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/About-my-wifi-unable-to-on/td-p/5726371
Relevancy 43.43%

(My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium)I have had this laptop since 2011 and somewhere in 2012 I think I somehow deleted the ralink WiFi adapter.I haven't been able to use WiFi since then.I got on the HP Recovery Manager and reinstalled the drivers and it alerted me that Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter was unable to reinstall.So I looked it up and downloaded it on this website and it saved in a folder called c:\SWSetup\SP56942But after that nothing happens.Can anyone help me out?

A:Unable to connect to WiFi?

Hi: If your notebook is missing the wireless card driver, there should be a device listed in the device manager under an Other Devices category named Network Controller. Please post the hardware ID for the network controller device so I can figure out what driver it needs. To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on the Network Controller device. Then click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window. Now you will see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description. Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's). Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5668631
Relevancy 43.43%

I am having trouble connecting to any websites through wifi. I have connected to the wifi and used CMD to ping google.com and i get no errors but when i open my browser and try it it says "? Make sure the web address Google is correct ? look for the page with your search engine ? Refresh the page in a few minutes. " all of which i have done i then proceeded to click the Fix connection problems button and i get an alert saying nothing could be found. How do i fix it?

A:Unable to connect through wifi

Which web browser are you using? If you are using internet explorer, do a reset by going to tools, internet options, advanced, reset, ok, then start browser again. Make sure there are no proxies set that would interfere.

Also check any security software or antivirus, they can cause this problem many times.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388206-unable-connect-through-wifi.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

I am using a Nokia Siemens router. Using two laptops one with Vista and another with XP-SP3. My laptop is Acer and my wifes is HCL. And now the issue is that after i set the Security for network with WPA-PSK. My wifes laptop detects and tries to Connect with the network but finally it fails. I tried some possible steps and it didnt work. My Vista Laptop works fine after i delete the old access point.

Can Someone help me to fix this ?

A:Unable to connect thru wifi

She's using the same Network SSID and WPA-PSK security and algorithms and shared key?

The router is set to allow ALL MAC access (not block by MAC)?

The router is set for multiple access (usually a 50 address range)?

The wireless network mode is set compliant with her mode (G, B)?

I'm just rambling off everything I can think of.

:)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-connect-thru-wifi-531566.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi

I am having 3rd generation Ipod Touch..In that i can able to connect with wifi...Only skype is connecting through wifi and no other applications are connecting through wifi...

Can you guys please tell me what i can do with that...otherwise can i configure proxy for that wireless connection and connect to that network somehow...

Please guys help me on this.....

advance thanks for you...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-wifi.1076029/
Relevancy 43.43%

I purchased a NETGEAR Model WNR but cannot get it to function properly This would be a good place to mention that I am zero tech savvy I bought a FIRE HD tablet hence the need for wifi I also finally got a Nokia smartphone that runs a Windows OS amp needs wifi set Solved: Unable to WiFi up for certain apps The Netgear wireless router is NOT hooked up right now as I cannot access the internet when it is I followed Solved: Unable to set up WiFi the directions carefully when I attempted to install the router including powering down the modem ARRIS Model TM G Basically Ethernet to Router from desktop nd Ethernet from router to modem powering down up as advised by Netgear installation info Solved: Unable to set up WiFi At which point I lose internet access I ran a couple trouble shooting programs with no luck So I finally gave up Solved: Unable to set up WiFi amp came here for help HOWEVER I ve just realized my modem has a battery Does that need to be removed when I power down the modem I m thinking yes but I m not certain I am also thinking there may be some settings on my desktop that may need changed but I have no clue what they might be TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU G GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc YRK Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled I find it odd amp scary that the above shows Defender disabled as I thought that was the AV I was using Please see attachment Thanks in advance for your assistance I remembered this site amp some help I was given a few years ago I think you will be more helpful than my service provider Suddenlink Cable FWIW is also used for phone amp television Please don t forget I m generally tech clueless so if you need more info chances are you ll also need to tell me how to find it Thanks again nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

5/2013 purchased hp 2000 10/2013 personal info was hacked by $ lender scam personal settings then chrome's home page was changed laptop slowed down called hp support explained situation was told shut off computer and it would need repairs had no $ so let it sit few weeks ago gave laptop to my brothers tech guy he uses for his business he said windows 8 needed to be uninstalled close door that was used and I should close my accounts now the unit wont connect to home wifi but all other computers here work fine except mine

A:unable connect wifi

has windows 8 now been completely re-installed ?

can you connect to the router with a cable and does it work that way

is it a desktop or laptop ?
Check the wireless is switched ON
theres often a physical switch or a combination of the FN and one of the F keys to toggle the wireless on/off
often F2 is used - but note , not always - look for a symbol that looks a little like (( i ))

is the wireless on?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-connect-wifi.1120555/
Relevancy 43.43%

Ok so I am working at a friend's house and I have run into a debacle. He needs his wireless adapter to be in a new room with better reception for the house. There are two Wall ports let's say port A and port B. He used to be in port A but wants to move to Port B. When hard connected to either port the internet works fine as well as generates the same IP, DNS, and gateway settings. When I connect Wireless however only port A connects to the internet. Port B will not connect to the internet even though the IP, DNS, and gateway are still the same when I check the wireless ipconfig. Any ideas. I have tried renewing, refreshing, flushing dns cache, making sure his ipv4 is automatic.

A:Wifi unable to connect to DNS

Are these ports connected to a router - whats the make and model of the router
Does if have two fixed IP address OR perhaps the DNS is set to 2 only

can we see an ipconfig /all please
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-unable-to-connect-to-dns.1127057/
Relevancy 43.43%

hello! I really need help After reinstalling my Windows I can not connect to wifi. I can see connection but it is impossible to connect to it. Windows writes me :Windows is unable to connect to wifi. I tried a lot of advice from the internet but it did not work.
Thank you for any help

Relevancy 43.43%

I have problem in WLAN...its was unable to turn on even i press f12(blink white color) and install all the neccessary drivers. I'm looking forward your help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-unable-to-turn-on/td-p/5787897
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey. Can anyone help me with this? Changed my wifi name and password. After that I`m unable to type the password. After clicking connect it loads for a while showing "checking network requirements" and it ends with "cant connect to this network". Password box does not even show up!

A:my PC is unable to connect to wifi

Hi, if you right click on the network that you're trying to connect to is there a "forget network" option or anything similar? If so click it and forget the network, then it will prompt you for the new password when you try to connect after forgetting it

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/29224-my-pc-unable-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 43.43%

So My laptop turned off last night then when I opened it in the morning I automatically fixed it coz its recommended then my laptop is not genuine anymore and theres a yellow triangle with an exlamation point in it in my wifi icon.It is connected but The wifi doesn't work. Pls help me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Unable-to-connect/td-p/5631071
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

I am using a Nokia Siemens router. Using two laptops one with Vista and another with XP-SP3. My laptop is Acer and my wifes is HCL. And now the issue is that after i set the Security for network with WPA-PSK. My wifes laptop detects and tries to Connect with the network but finally it fails. I tried some possible steps and it didnt work.

Can Someone help me to fix this ?

A:Unable to connect thru wifi

it may be that the hardware in the HCL PC does not support WPA-PSK - depending on how old - but also may just need a driver update

Whats the exact make and model of the HCL - see if a later driver is available from the manufacturers website

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-thru-wifi.965055/
Relevancy 43.43%

hi friends i have the problem i cannot access my laptop to the wifi my laptop is intel r atom tm cpu n270 1.60ghz plz help

A:unable to connect wifi

Please post a  MiniToolBox log, so we can see the specs of your computer. Also this seems like a network issue, and a MOD may want to move it to the appropriate category.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494790/unable-to-connect-wifi/
Relevancy 43.43%

I've bought this HP Notebook 14-ac144TU P3U54PA and have no idea to connect to wifi. Please let me know which drivers I have to install and what I have to do to enable my laptop connect to wifi?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-connect-wifi/td-p/5655795
Relevancy 43.43%

Somehow an app called WeFi found its? way onto my daughter?s laptop (she does not know how it got there). It seems to have hijacked her laptops ability to find WiFi both at her house and at ours. I deleted WeFi but the problem still exists. When I look at the network connections, it says the wireless network card is not enabled.

I?ve tried the usual things (disable then enable, delete the driver and install the latest driver from the manufacturer etc.) and it still does not ?enable? or find our WiFi. I?m desperate for help because, as the Dad, I?m expected to be able to fix everything.

A:Unable to find WiFi

You could try and use Revo Uninstaller - from looking about it seems that program acts like a virus and is hard to remove.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-find-wifi-546077.html