Windows Support Forum

Freezing for 30-90 seconds at a time, new hardware

Q: Freezing for 30-90 seconds at a time, new hardware

Alright so my problem is that my computer freezes It does this when under some load such as having multiple browsing windows open and doing something else such as Skype or Steam Now this doesn seconds time, new Freezing at 30-90 hardware for a t always happen Freezing for 30-90 seconds at a time, new hardware but it happens most often when I am also transferring data on my HDD downloading a game on Steam or moving something to a USB I have recently Freezing for 30-90 seconds at a time, new hardware purchases a k x GB Corsair Red low profile mhz RAM and an ASRock Z Pro mobo Now the issues that I am having are odd I will Freezing for 30-90 seconds at a time, new hardware give you a brief run down of the events preceding now Install new parts Change the bios setting to mhz instead of mhz ram Begin experiencing issues with the WiFi having limited connection for moments of time fixed by either waiting or instantly fixed by reconnecting to the network Install USB drivers from the ASRock website as well as instant boot Change hard drive settings in bios from IDE to AHCI and likewise in regedit Uninstall instant boot after realizing it s not what I expected Get an error from windows about the hibernation state being unavailable Update bios in hopes of remedying this error and WiFi issues Updated WiFi adapter via device manager seems to work but still occasionally lose connection Reinstalled USB after noticing the freezing previously mentioned whilst moving items to a USB Seems to fix the freezing however quickly learn that it is not due to the USB that I am freezing Ran Prime and memtests both not turning anything up Now somewhere among this after I updated the BIOS I had to go back and change the RAM timings again I enabled a setting called XMP because it had the correct timings which the settings at the time were not set to I currently have changed it to auto but this hasn t affected anything Now how can I fix this and if I need to run anything or test anything I m happy to oblige nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Freezing for 30-90 seconds at a time, new hardware

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 21.93%

Hi, I have decided to buy a new computer(or the parts for one).
It will be the first time I assemble one so I would like a little
help from the people on here that has some experaince with computer hardware,
because I myself do not know very much about it.

I have done some research and this is what I came up with:
Motherboard : Asus Z97-A Intel Z97 4xDDR3 SLI CrossFireX Socket 1150 ATX
CPU : Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Socket 1150
RAM : Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 DIMM PC12800/1600MHz CL9 2x4GB
GPU : Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750Ti OC 2GB D
PSU : CORSAIR PSU 550W VS550
Hard Drive : Western Digital WD20E, 2TB, SATA 6 Gb/s, 3.5", IntelliPower, 64MB

What I want to know is if all these parts will fit together and if it is a good
computer? I want a fast computer thats good at a bit of everything. What I will be using it for mostly is programming, games like bfbc2, downloading/watching movies/tv series and just browse the internet.

And I think I will be using mint as my os(still new to linux).

A:Assembling a computer for the first time

I think those are great choices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/assembling-a-computer-for-the-first-time.217526/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey guys I recently within the last weeks built a new computer and it has been rebooting and freezing on me whenever I try to use youtube or play games on steam There have been no BSOD the computer just freezes requiring a hard reset or it will reboot itself I have already run several stress tests including Heavyload Furmark prime and metest The computer did not crash during any of these tests In addition under stress rebooting/freezing PC New I have been monitoring hardware temperatures using SpeedFan so I do not suspect the rebooting freezing is due to overheating I have used a different power supply to see New PC rebooting/freezing under stress if that was the problem although it did not change anything I have also completely updated my graphics drivers I ran memtest on my computer and could not reach - passes I could only complete pass in hours which was horrifically slow It was stuck on test hammer test for most of that time I did not feel like running my computer hours to complete a stress test OS Windows bit Build Geforce GTX graphics card AMD FX- quad core processor Gigabyte A-UD P motherboard GB of PNY ddr ram x GB stick Corsair CXM series W ATX V power supply PNY GB SATA-III SSD Western Digital Blue TB Hard Drive -Was having problems with an old thread so I made this one nbsp

A:New PC rebooting/freezing under stress

Investigate Event View; system logs. Look for errors

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-rebooting-freezing-under-stress.216314/
Relevancy 21.5%

I want to start a youtube gaming channel but idk if I have the power to record games like minecraft and record at the same time do you think I have the power to do it?

My Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

AMD A10 5800K Quad Core Processor

16GB DDR3 1333 Mhz Ram

1TB SATA Hard Drive

Radeon HD 8370D Graphics

5.1 channel Sound Chipset

GigaByte Network Ethernet

Wireless N 150 Wifi

DVD-RW Burner Drive

All in One Card Reader

6 x USB2.0

400W Power Supply

Dimensions (WxDxH): 19" x 7.75" x 17"

Mouse:
E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse

Camera:
USB 2.0 Clip-on Webcam Camera HD 12 Megapixels with MIC for PC Laptop Win 7/8

Keyboard:
Logitech K360 920-003365 Wireless Keyboard - Ivory - Small

Headphones:
Sades 7.1 Surround Sound USB Headband Pro Gaming Headset For PC Laptop SA-903 PC Laptop SA-903

A:Is my PC good for gaming and recording for youtube at the same time?

Do you have any connectivity issues or slow load times? Also, what is the make and model of your power supply?

Otherwise you should be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-pc-good-for-gaming-and-recording-for-youtube-at-the-same-time.215431/
Relevancy 22.79%

Corsair is well known for its PC components spanning a range of categories -- from memory to cases, power supplies, cooling and more. But this year it's trying something new with Bulldog, a barebones, console-like Mini-ITX box that's designed for...

Read more

A:Corsair goes for the living room with Bulldog PC kit, supports liquid cooling and high-end hardware

The case looks downright awful too me. I wouldn't have that thing displayed in my lounge.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-goes-for-the-living-room-with-bulldog-pc-kit-supports-liquid-cooling-and-high-end-hardware.213594/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi I would appreciate if someone could help me please The problem I have has been going on since about the time I formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows Had issues with BSOD on install because of my graphics card seem to have been slighty dislogded See http www techspot com vb topic html Okey the problem is my mouse keeps freezing up after a while and after moving it or clicking a couple times it works again When this happens I get either a beep or the usb disconnect connect sound depending on which mouse is being used Current using Windows mouse issues freezing 7 Bluetooth Apple Magic Mouse connecting to a generic Windows 7 mouse freezing issues bluetooth dongle this makes a beep when Windows 7 mouse freezing issues it freezes The USB Wireless Logitech Dongle Logitech Mouse I had before this made disconnect connect sound The USB Wired Mouse before the Logitech also made disconnect connect sound I have tried to work around this using several methods but have had no luck Steps taken to try and rectify issue Changed mouse I am on my th mouse now I will not change for another again the mouse is not the problem Tried all the mouses on other computers where they all worked fine I have switched ports on numerous occasions all other device work with no problem keyboard touch screen monitor external hard drive s usb flash I have removed conflicting hardware and ensured only on mouse is plugged in also removed touchscreen cable from monitor I have gone to Device Manager and set USB Root Hub and Power Management tab and unchecked quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot on all devices I have removed drivers for all other mouse s used previously I have disabled C E as this uses some power saving methods I have check Event Viewer which only has networking errors which all forward to my network drive I have run System File Checker SFC sfc scannow I need to know whether Windows is the issue or whether its the usb ports Can anyone please help me as it is now really bothering me I can t even play Battlefield games Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 mouse freezing issues

This is a problem I have not seen before. Try using this guide to find any other mouse drivers that you may not have deleted.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-old-drivers-after-upgrading-to-new-hardware/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-mouse-freezing-issues.164226/
Relevancy 21.93%

Video Card EVGA GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2GB
CPU Intel Pentium G3258
Memory Team Elite Plus 8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
Motherboard ASRock H97M Anniversary
Power Supply Corsair CX430 430W PSU
HDD Western Digital WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD
Case Corsair Carbide Series Spec-01 case

How much do you guys think I could get this built for and do you reckon it could play the elder scrolls online on the highest settings or the medium settings thanks.

Also I on a budget and probably won't pay over $500

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-building-a-pc.210893/
Relevancy 21.5%

My first time building! some things have not yet been picked, so I want your opinion on the things I have in mind, and the ones I can't decide over...

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
Processor: AMD FX-8350
Graphics card: Sapphire r9 280
RAM: Kingston HyperX Savage 2x 4GB
power supply: Corsair CX750
Optical Drive: lg bh16ns40 multi blue

Do I seriously need an sdd drive?
also any cases that might suit my build or anything I might not need or DO need?
thanks- M

A:Good specs for gaming PC? First time

Did you already purchase the items above or is that what you have in mind for purchasing? What is your overall budget for your Gaming PC? What types of games are you going to be playing on this PC? The AMD FX-8350 is a good CPU, but if you want any kind of future proofing, I would suggest getting an Intel. If you let us know how much you can spend, we can help you build one that will be better for future games.
Also, no you do not need a SSD (Solid State Drive), but it will make boot times and load times faster. My suggestion with that, is purchase a smaller SSD (120GB maybe) for your operating system and also purchase a larger (1TB+) Hard Drive for everything else (applications, storage, etc).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-specs-for-gaming-pc-first-time.210626/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have a Dell Optiplex 330 which has a 2.0 dual processor with 4gb of ddr2 ram. I have windows xp installed and I have a video card that has 1024 mb of ram. I am unsure of the brand of video card or further specs. I bought it off of ebay some time ago.

My problem is that when I try to play streaming video it wants to freeze a lot. I have already given more space for the virtual memory on my computer: I think 4 to 8 gb and I have set my hardware acceleration way down but these changes haven't helped.

I can download and play movies fine, I only seem to have problems when playing streaming video like from hulu.com or letmewatchthis.com which directs you to sites like: putlocker, deditv, sockshare, loomba, etc. I have used other computers and they don't seem to have as much problems with this so I hope that somebody knows what I need to do to solve this problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Freezing problems with streaming video

When you say freezing, do you mean just the video freezes, or the whole system? If its just the video, it could have something to do with your internet connection. Is the computer on wired internet or wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezing-problems-with-streaming-video.164671/
Relevancy 21.5%

I need the best and most compatible router for TWC?
I need the router to reach a very good distance (between 3 houses really close to each other). Or would it be better to get a booster?

A:Wi-fi router for Time Warner Cable

To share from house-to-house, you need a strong RF signal so look for MIMO Class routers with multiple antennas, three if you can find one. If the lot layout is like a triangle between the houses, one good router should work, otherwise when lined-up like a fence, you will need a repeater.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-router-for-time-warner-cable.209487/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi guys, while playing DOTA 2 (on lowest settings), I am experiencing the problem that my FPS is down to 30 almost all of the time. This started about a month ago and is really annoying to me, which is why I decided to updgrade my hardware in order to fix this problem. Now I am facing the problem though that I have no idea which parts of my hardware cause the low performance and thus need to be exchanged, some help would be very much appreciated.

I have the Medion Erazer X6817 with the following hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @ 2.20 GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
RAM: 4GB DDR3

Some Additional Facts:

I use a LG 24MPHQ Monitor to display the game at 1920x1080 resolution
When playing RAM usage is constantly at about 3,2 GB, CPU Usage pending between 15 and 45
So what part of my notebook do I have to upgrade to improve my FPS?

A:Hardware Upgrade to fix low FPS?

If you can upgrade your RAM to 8 gigs that might help; it seems to be the sweet spot for gaming. Otherwise Dota 2 is not that demanding on hardware.

As one who is experiencing League of Legends disconnects I have found through the help of jobeard and Rage_3K_Moiz that it probably has to do with my internet connection. Here are 2 that I ran (both are safe) to check for Packet Loss:

http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/
http://www.dslreports.com/pingtest

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-upgrade-to-fix-low-fps.208832/
Relevancy 22.79%

Nvidia's G-Sync technology is currently available on a handful of displays but the cost of entry isn't cheap. That's because the current crop of monitors require custom hardware to work their gaming magic - a requirement that soon won't be...

Read more

A:Nvidia G-Sync technology is coming to laptops, no custom hardware required

LOL the G-Sync module was only ever used to verify 100% that someone was using a Nvidia GPU. What a bunch of crooks...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-g-sync-technology-is-coming-to-laptops-no-custom-hardware-required.208532/
Relevancy 28.81%

I come here in need of some help I ve been troubleshooting this issue for quite some time and have not been able games goes while few a for seconds playing Screen black to find the solution on my own The issue Sometimes when I play games my screen Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games will go black at a random time for a a period of time sometimes only lasting - seconds other times lasting up to a minute and then recovers itself and I m able to continue playing The sound continues playing during the black outs but I have no control of my computer Can t see anything and cannot use commands like ctrl alt del Sometimes when my computer recovers from the black screen I can hear the fans on my GPU boost up to about I have setting in MSI afterburner to Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games increase my fan speeds as the temperature of my card goes up Sometimes when recovering from a black screen my fans will go up from to like Then it stays at for the remainder of the time until I reset my computer Once my computer is reset my card will run at the again Background and computer information This issue did not start happening until I installed and new graphics card and reinstalled windows The GPU was tested before I reinstalled windows and everything ran perfect no blackouts I reinstalled windows because I got an SSD here are my specs as of now CPU FX- MOBO Asrock Extreme RAM gb DDR and gb DDR SSD gb w windows installed on it GPU Radeon r upgraded from a radeon which ran perfect PSU w Corsair few last things to add that may be helpful - I have not experienced any black screens when using my computer and not playing games - I typically play low-end games like league of legends which aren t too intensive on the gpu - When I load into the UEFI my RAM displays as all sticks running at MHz Even though of my sticks are - my gpu has never gone over degrees since ive installed it so I dont think its an over-heating issue If you need any other information let me know and ill be happy to provide it Any help will be EXTREMELY appreciated I m going crazy right now because I can t figure this thing out lol Thanks so much - Nick nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds-while-playing-games.207781/
Relevancy 23.65%

Updated my hardware drivers including the wireless adapter, and something must have gotten changed as I can not connect to wifi anymore on HP Notebook G72-253NR with Windows 7.

Flushed winsock, released/renewed ipconfig and deleted/reinstalled adapter. Can meanwhile connect thru Ethernet cable again but not wifi. Finds my wifi network (previously didn't) but can't connect, don't have tcp/ip addresses in LAC or wireless properties, automatically obtain is enabled. IPv4/6 enabled in both also.

Getting message of "HOST Process was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/Services/VSDATANT? at initial startup.

"COM surrogate was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/services/vsdatant" whenever I simply access/exit ip protocol settings.

How can I fix this? My brain is fried after several DAYS of trying to fix my friends computer... Please someone help!

A:Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

Call your ISP they will walk you through it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-after-hardware-driver-update.206983/
Relevancy 24.51%

This is my current setup and am wondering if there's anything that can be improved.
primary hard drive 210GB Samsung SSD
secondary hard drive 931 GB Western Digital
8 GB DDR 3 dual channel memory
2TB Western Digital Passport external hard drive
Intel i5 2500K processor (not overclocked)
After running Winaero WEI tool I was supprised to see my primary hard drive is the bottle neck as it's SSD. Is there a way I can tell that SSD is primary, and not the old hard drive?

I run Windows 8.1 as main computer, then with VMware I run Windows 7 from secondary hard drive (all of its files are on secondary hard drive).

I noticed with the VM running some programs take a while to load the first time. For example Maple and Photoshop take 10 seconds, but if they are closed and open again then they take 2 seconds to open. Also with the VM and Firefox running 75% of memory is used. Does this mean I need more RAM?

A:Best setup with hardware

All that means is drive as far as windows is concerned is slower than the graphics card, memory ,and processor is. that means nothing. u'r computer is fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-setup-with-hardware.206940/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello It may seem like a simple problem but I know nothing of the subject and I ve had the problem for ages Whenever I copy large files Movie size think MB the copy progresses very remaining" drives "5 sec Copying to/from stuck before for flash on 30 finishing seconds fast MB s until it reaches about where it gets stuck for about seconds to a minute and it says quot Time remaining seconds quot during all that time I have this problem with any flash drive in any USB port amp It also happens when copying to network drives and external harddrives which leads me to think it s a software windows issue Some vital information Copying to/from flash drives stuck on "5 seconds remaining" for 30 sec before finishing The flash drive I mainly use is USB quite new and easily capable of MB s writing speeds It reaches about - MB s during the copy until the final point where it still says MB s but does nothing for seconds USB port is also and I ve also tried every single other port in my computer None are broken and none ever show any signs of being slow The flash drive is NTFS formatted but it used to be FAT I ran checkdisk to see if there was anything wrong but there wasn t It s NTFS since I occasionally need files gt GB I tried using TeraCopy to bypass the issue but this way doesn t reach speeds of over MB s which takes even longer in the end It does fix the hanging at issue I tried converting the drive back to FAT which removes the issue of it hanging at but again the speed doesn t go above MB s which means it takes longer in the end making it not worth it What bothers me is that the files transfer at the maximum speed right until the very end where it just magically gets stuck for seconds or more before finishing like nothing happened Please advise P S I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware nbsp

A:Copying to/from flash drives stuck on "5 seconds remaining" for 30 sec before finishing

Marty9231 said:

Hello!

It may seem like a simple problem, but I know nothing of the subject and I've had the problem for ages.

Whenever I copy large files (Movie size, think 700MB+), the copy progresses very fast (~100MB/s) until it reaches about 99% where it gets stuck for about 30 seconds to a minute, and it says "Time remaining: 5 seconds" during all that time.

I have this problem with any flash drive, in any USB port (2 & 3). It also happens when copying to network drives and external harddrives, which leads me to think it's a software/windows issue.

Some vital information:

The flash drive I mainly use is USB 3.0, quite new and easily capable of ~150MB/s writing speeds. It reaches about 120-130 MB/s during the copy until the final point where it still says 130 MB/s but does nothing for 30 seconds.

USB port is also 3.0, and I've also tried every single other port in my computer. None are broken, and none ever show any signs of being slow.

The flash drive is NTFS formatted, but it used to be FAT32. I ran checkdisk to see if there was anything wrong, but there wasn't. It's NTFS since I occasionally need files >4GB.

I tried using TeraCopy to bypass the issue, but this way doesn't reach speeds of over 20MB/s which takes even longer in the end. It does fix the 'hanging at 99% issue'.

I tried converting the drive back to FAT32, which removes the issue of it hanging at 99%, but again the speed doesn't go above 20MB/s which means it takes longer in the end, making it not worth it.

What bothers me is that the files transfer at the maximum speed right until the very end, where it just magically gets stuck for 30 seconds or more, before finishing like nothing happened.

Please advise!!

P.S.: I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware. Click to expand...

Although I've had the same happen on my downloads, this "P.S.: I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware." could be part of the problem, good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/copying-to-from-flash-drives-stuck-on-5-seconds-remaining-for-30-sec-before-finishing.207001/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi all Apologies in advance for such a long post I headaches + installation = hardware New Win7 don t know if I just have a corrupt New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches Windows Ultimate installation or what but this all started three weeks ago or so after installing new hardware specifically New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches motherboard Asus A M-A New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches processor AMD A K and RAM Kingston HyperX GB DDR Since I had the extra RAM slot I also put in one of the Aeneon XTune GB DDR I have from before the upgrade The sticker on it says it s but it shows up in BIOS POST as Since then I ve had the following problems Internet Unable to establish any connection at all when using the ethernet cable plugged into my Cisco Linksys EA Router I can connect wirelessly but that connection is lousy and I m not sure why especially since the router is only about feet from the computer To be fair the lousy wireless connection is something I was dealing with since before the hardware upgrade Windows reinstall which is why I finally gave up and bought a ethernet cable the computer used to be in a different room though on the same floor of the house The problem with being unable to get any type of connection when plugged in started after reinstalling Windows and then doing something like updates and then moving the PC to the new spot I made a point of moving the tower myself just so that I could be sure nothing happened to it so I know there was no physical damage done because of dropping or otherwise banging it around at all I ve checked the ethernet cable that runs from the modem to the router as well as the one and neither of them appear to be damaged at all I ve also tried plugging the one into all of the ports on the back of the router in the event that one of them just bit the dust somehow but nothing changed Any thoughts on how I can either get my wired connection working again or what might be making the wireless connection so horrible For clarification on quot horrible quot I m not talking dial-up speeds but some sites either load slowly or not at all sites that load up just fine on every other device in the house - specifically cell phones and iPod an Xbox a Wii and a laptop My connection to Battle net for playing WoW Starcraft II Diablo III is also pretty lag-tastic My NIC is an onboard Realtek GR PCIe Gigabit LAN controller according to the motherboard manual In terms of anything that may be interfering with the wireless signal there s a metal support post and a metal I-beam a few feet from where the router currently sits though it was previously or so feet from both Other than being in close proximity to those the room is wide open I was told that water can interfere with a wireless signal and we do have a lot of ground water under around the house can anyone verify whether ground water can degrade the signal so much over such a relatively small space Hard drive partition issues Until the upgrade when the computer just wouldn t boot presumably because Windows couldn t handle dealing with such big hardware changes all at once I had Windows installed on a partition on a TB Western Digital drive Since I had to reinstall anyway I installed Windows to a partition on a smaller but faster TB Seagate drive Up until this afternoon when I installed Seagate Discwizard one of the partitions on the big drive was inaccessible showing up in disk management and a couple of rd-party hard drive utility partitioning programs as simply quot unallocated space quot Since this afternoon though that partition is now showing up as a completely separate hard drive in disk management AND as quot unallocated space quot on the drive it s actually a part of I m a little leery of just leaving things as they are and using that partition since it s showing up different ways Discwizard only shows that partition as a separate drive there is no quot unallocated space quot showing on the TB drive Is this something I sh... Read more

A:New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches

Update: Wired connection issue is fixed. I have to (sheepishly) admit that I completely forgot to install the router via the CD that came with it. The lousy wireless performance is still a problem, though, as well as the hard drive/partition issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hardware-win7-installation-headaches.206345/
Relevancy 29.24%

My Acer Aspire shuts down loses power - seconds after powering on It started when I was playing a Acer laptop after seconds down shuts video game and the laptop suddenly shut down I thought it was overheating so I let it cool down About an hour later I Acer laptop shuts down after seconds turned it on and it boot normally but min later the laptop shut down again Next time I tried it turned off minutes then seconds later In those s after pressing the power button no errors or beeps occur just the Acer logo screen I even get past Acer logo sometimes or go to Bios password prompt if i press F just before laptop powers off Acer laptop shuts down after seconds This all happened in the course of a few hours laptop was working fine beforehand no overheating think so cause games lagged when laptop was overheating previously If I turn it on again just after it powered off the laptop shuts down in seconds as opposed to seconds if i leave it alone for a while Also according to task manager CPU and RAM usage is normal when shut down happens Tried Cleaning out the fan and the heat sink wasn t that much dust Fan works Applying new silver thermal grease to CPU and GPU after removing the old one Powering on with only one RAM stick then only the other black screen when I take out both Powering on without Wifi card Powering on without the battery only on AC power Then only with the battery in Powering on without Hard Drive Powering on while putting pressure to the middle of the keyboard read that this might pop the CMOS battery to it s slot if that s the problem Pressing the power button for min There are a lot of people with Acer Aspire who have powering on and off in endless loop problem Supposedly GPU reflow helps I don t think my problem is the same though because my laptop shuts down and doesn t restart Also my screen is working This is the only computer I have Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Acer laptop shuts down after seconds

Sounds bad.

Are you able to run Memtest for any length of period? Search for YUMI Multiboot. Download that, install it to a spare USB stick. Download memtest from yumi program. Boot off of stick and run memtest.

If not get a new motherboard/cpu off ebay.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-laptop-shuts-down-after-seconds.172489/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have bought JBL Speaker FLIP Model FHP 2 on 14th July 2014 but it worked for only 2 to 2.5 months thereafter not working anymore.
I have taken to SPAR Artee Industrial on 29/09/14 but they are not providing free replacement not they are able to repairs as Charging PIN has spoiled. THe part is not available locally. The JBP Speaker are not working at all now.

Kindly suggest, for the Customer Care Complaints I am unable to find the Customer Care/ Replacement Customer Care / Service Center / Top Management Contact numbers for getting help for repairs / replacement.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/jbl-speaker-not-working-in-just-2-months-time-period.206690/
Relevancy 23.65%

There use to be an official site where one could buy the Alpha Shield but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone know what became of this product or if it's useful? I've only heard good things about it.

A:Whatever happened to the Alpha Shield hardware firewall?

Jskid, I just ran across your question (on Oct.28, 2014!) I bought one in 2004...it worked well until three years later when we moved to the Niagara Peninsula, at which time the unit simply cut all access to the Net. A tech tried it, and said "Toss it." A rather expensive lesson.
Brian, sadder/poorer/wiser.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whatever-happened-to-the-alpha-shield-hardware-firewall.166371/
Relevancy 23.22%

24x7 - Low Power Consumption ? Internet Download Machine

I want to build a System that has LOW POWER Consumption.

Use:

Mostly Downloading Stuffs , Might Host Own Cloud too , Email Clients , IRC Clients , Other Internet Connected Apps

I was thinking of a Kabini System

Athlon 5350 (25 W TDP) & Some AM1 Mother Board

http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopAPUDetail.aspx?id=105

Again I was thinking about the Intel G3258 Anniversary edition processor (But it has Much Larger TDP)

It should be A Windows 7 Machine . Not Linux or other what nots !

But I am Here for some Advice. I already told you my requirements.

Advise me - What should I do ?
I only want to buy

Processor + Motherboard + RAM

&

SMPS (PSU) + HDD

I have the rest

A:Hardware Suggestions - 24x7 - Low Power Consumption Internet Connected PC

Hmm; Why is power consumption a hi priority issue - - are you running off a solar powered system or portable generator?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-suggestions-24x7-low-power-consumption-internet-connected-pc.205627/
Relevancy 29.67%

Ok so I got this computer it works great! until I try to game the only game that works is Fable TLC (it works for all games) all other games the monitor goes black for a few seconds so I cant play any games really. how do I fix this without spends tons of money on parts? everything works fine even others have no problem see things thru remote access im the only one that's having the issues. brand new tower and monitor.

A:Monitor goes black for a few seconds

Can you give us your hardware components such as the make and model of your power supply and the watts, amount of RAM, your cpu, and video card? Is this a new system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds.204797/
Relevancy 21.5%

I am using Tenda wifi router. It has a problem, it is that it need configuration every time when I start my laptop or connecting with any mobile device. What is the problem with that?

A:Tenda wifi router need configuration every time

The Tenda wifi router's internal battery may be dead

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tenda-wifi-router-need-configuration-every-time.204507/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi new to the forum and newbie-level in knowledge with handling for Safety and art junk in storing hardware hardware So sorry for how my questions sound Also I didn t know where else to put this I d just found out that computers have toxic parts and am just wondering I have some old laptops and parts Safety in storing and handling hardware for junk art flash drives hard drives etc Are the levels of these metals in a few - flash drives laptops and hard drives high enough to be Safety in storing and handling hardware for junk art considered toxic Anything else I should watch out for I want to store a bunch of old computers laptops flash drives and hard drives from old laptops until I get the time to sort them out to resell them but I live in the tropics and don t know how to store them properly Should I be worried about heat And I held and will hold internal parts the internal hard drives taken out of old laptops barehanded--is Safety in storing and handling hardware for junk art that okay Or it s not dangerous unless they re broken up Is there a difference between internal hard drives and the internal parts of flash drives I admit I m also thinking of making money off of the laptops flash drives and parts by uh trying art I admit I m not an artist but I m thinking of taking that up as a hobby and yes additional income source in case the reselling doesn t work I know of someone who does something related with internal parts of old computers we re not close so I got the idea there Is this idea viable for me And if it can be done anything I have to watch out for Any precautions I have to take Can I for instance paint on or glue them will the paint or glue affect anything Which parts--the green board the black chips anything else my amateur mind hasn t picked up Drill holes or cut them anything--green board black chips etc via scissors knife to make a picture frame Christmas tree decor or a keychain If I make a keychain for instance will I have to watch what kind of material for the hook I should pick out Is it dangerous if I use a hammer to dismantle a flash drive I don t know how else to pry open the casing Can I do all of this barehanded About heat my only storage option is prone to getting hot I admit I am more worried about say the metal getting hot enough to release fumes and the like than about whether the parts get too damaged to work properly Would heat do that nbsp

A:Safety in storing and handling hardware for junk art

I've never heard of this problem, but I suppose if lead-based solder was used, it could give off fumes. I'm not an expert in the field, but I have all kinds of old hardware parts that I've stored, dismantled, used, handled, melted, painted, what have you... never had any issues. Battery packs from laptops might be of concern though. They can fail and vent, resulting in fire or leakage of bad juju. Best toss them or store them properly (this you would have to research).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/safety-in-storing-and-handling-hardware-for-junk-art.201627/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there,

My mouse cursor freezes once every ~30s for about 1~2s. It doesn't happen all the time, but I suspect it might happen because of the usage of postgreSQL, as I've seen 2 other people with the same problem who also used it.

I have tested another mouse, the problem persists. I've tried updating mouse/USB drivers as well, nothing helped.

My trackpad, however, doesn't stop working at any time.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Mouse cursor freezing

Interesting how when you tested another mouse the issue persisted, but it works with the trackpad. Are both mice you tried (non-trackpad) wired or wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-cursor-freezing.203256/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello folks. I'm from Brazil. I would like to know if there is a good place to buy Computer parts and Gaming Laptop in Toronto. I'm going to Toronto soon and I'll study English at King George International College (150 Eglinton E. Toronto, ON M4P 1E8). Is there a Computer Store near from KGIC?

Thanks.

A:Where can I buy hardware in Toronto?

You can order parts from Newegg.ca or Amazon.ca and send them to your dorm room. As for hardware stores, I think a store called Frys is big in Canada.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-can-i-buy-hardware-in-toronto.192343/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello

When I play Diablo 3 I get some fps drops , usually at the same places. usually im around 130 FPS but can go down to 50 or even 25 sometimes when its bad. its not unplayable but its no fun at all.

The places are demanding I guess, there is a lot of **** on the screen and action all around.

My current setup :

Nvidia 780Ti HOF , goes to around 60C during load
i5 4570 goes to around 65 during load
8 GB ram,

Im assuming the 780Ti should be able to handle Diablo 3 even when its demanding?

I used an AMD r9 290 earlier and got the same issue at the same places.

Before I changed card from the 290 to 780Ti I formated my computer and installed Windows 8 Pro.

So it shouldnt be any software causing this,

Am I doing something wrong here?

Is it perhaps my CPU?

What can I do?

if you want to I can record the actual gameplay and show you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-drop-when-playing-diablo-3-something-wrong-with-my-hardware.201463/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi, I want to know if Motherboard GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H is suitable with the GPU unit GIGABYTE GV-N65TOC 1GI ??
how to know if that GPU unit will use what kind of PCI port??

thanks guys.

A:Help to match the hardware

Yes it will work fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-to-match-the-hardware.201306/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi been awhile since I last posted. In the house we have a desktop and 2 laptops on the go in the house.The desktop is wired internet while the laptops are run on wifi.This worked fine until my isp UPC upgraded my internet speed from 50mb to 120mb.. The desktop and one of the laptops still works fine but the acus laptop has web access for between 20 mins to 45mins before the wifi drops off and becomes limited access. The wifi needs to be renabled to regain access to the wifi which lasts another small while until it gets limited access again.

The laptop specs are:
Acus K53e
Windows 7 home premium 64bit
intel Centrino N100 wifi adapter
Ram 6gig

At the moment its running for 30 mins then wifi cuts off for a few seconds before starting up again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-gets-limited-access-after-period-of-time.201028/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi,

my acer laptop 7520 shuts itself down after booting for few seconds.
It has Vista but dont think its a software / virus issue. As I got into BIOS / booting menu, it did not stay there. it shuts itself down.

I removed CD rom from laptop but had same result. It has two 1GB rams, I removed them one at a time but had same result. I then removed Harddisk and tried to make it boot from USB, but had same result. It was shutting down after 10 - 30 seconds. I see the Fan running when ever I start the laptop. Fan is very clean. no dust, dont think its a heating problem then.

please can some one advise what could be issue.
thanks.

I ran it on full battery but had same result. Then I removed battery and connected the power cable into laptop, same result. it shuts down after few seconds.

A:Acer laptop 7520 shuts itself down after few seconds

Sounds as though its over heating. You might try taking a can of air and blowing the vents out. If this has not helped. You may need to take it to a repair shop. and have the thermal pads replaced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-laptop-7520-shuts-itself-down-after-few-seconds.200584/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi all, a friend has a laptop running XP, the system clock resets everytime it's switched off for more than half an hour or so. I have tried three replacement CMOS batteries (and checked the voltage with a multimeter, 3V or thereabouts), no joy. I have cleaned the battery clip contacts & definitely inserted the batteries right way up, any polite suggestions please?

A:Laptop not keeping time, CMOS battery good

Have you check the bios to make sure the time is set correctly in the bios? If not windows will not keep the correct time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-not-keeping-time-cmos-battery-good.200032/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am building a new system for editing/rendering and have two options currently - any comments, critiques are welcome
option 1
core i7 4770 3.4GHZ quad core processor
MSI Motherboard with 4 memory slots, USB 3.0 and all of the goodies
32 GB of corsaire 1600 RAM
120GB solid state hard drive
3TB mechanical hard drive
2GB dedicated graphics card XFX R7-260x
Noctua CPU cooler with 2 fans

or Option 2
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler:Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card
Case: NZXT Phantom 530 CA-PH530-B1 Black ATX Full Tower Case
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan X4
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fan
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

A:Please critique my hardware

jeff young said:

I am building a new system for editing/rendering and have two options currently - any comments, critiques are welcome
option 1
core i7 4770 3.4GHZ quad core processor
MSI Motherboard with 4 memory slots, USB 3.0 and all of the goodies
32 GB of corsaire 1600 RAM
120GB solid state hard drive
3TB mechanical hard drive
2GB dedicated graphics card XFX R7-260x
Noctua CPU cooler with 2 fans

or Option 2
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler:Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card
Case: NZXT Phantom 530 CA-PH530-B1 Black ATX Full Tower Case
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan X4
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fan
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD WriterClick to expand...

Well your first option does not have much information on it so based off the two sets of specs alone I would say go with your second option since your mostly doing editing.

However, what program are you useing for video editing might I ask? If you are using Adobe, I would definitly go with an AMD card since Adobe likes OpenCL and AMD cards are better at OpenCL than Nvidia.

I would say your selections for the second are quite nice, just swap the 660 for something like this and you will be good if your using Adobe.

Also, I would jump your PSU up to a 600 watt if your going with this setup. 500 Would be to close to the bare minimum and for last-ability I would go with a 600 or 650 watt minimum to keep the system open for overclocking and to insure overworking the PSU is not an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-critique-my-hardware.200093/
Relevancy 21.93%

So as a service tech I have had to troubleshoot many a bad power supply or motherboard but here is an error I have not encountered yet The tower time only first Machine the powers up I am troubleshooting is -bit HP compaq dx microtower I dont think it has vista on it any longer but it doesn t get that far When mouse keyboard VGA display and power are plugged in and I press the power button the fans spin up and the machine begins to Machine only powers up the first time power up but nothing comes on the monitor Monitor is on correct input setting and verified to work Also note that there are no addition display chips installed nor have there ever been any So I power it down to verify RAM is seated HDD plugged in all cables and buses are correct and they are but when I press the power button there is no response at all this time no matter what I try I even bypassed the button with another switch in case the relay was bad and no luck So I left work traveled out of town and a week later I come back and give it another try Here s what is strange like a de javu the machine does the same mysterious thing where it powers the first only and no luck the subsequent times It seems the power supply is ok at least enough to power it the first time and the motherboard LED is on Obviously something has gone bad but what could it be has anyone encountered a similar issue nbsp

A:Machine only powers up the first time

Three times actually.

One with a bad set of RAM modules.
The RAM modules were RMA'd. When I tried them in two completely different systems, they somehow locked up the system and removing the motherboard battery was the only way to get the system functioning again, even with the previous modules.

Two with a replacement motherboard.
The motherboard replacement would not boot with an i7-2600K. After calling the vendor they convinced me to try a lower level CPU so that I could flash the BIOS. Since all previous versions of the BIOS that I am currently running support the i7-2600K, I suspect it was a newer BIOS meant for Ivy Bridge support.

Three with a power supply failure.
The power supply failed in the middle of using the PC. During the process of rebooting, the PC would not do anything.

All three times the PC would try to boot but fail. On reboot attempt there would not be any signs of life. After disconnecting the battery and/or removing the power cord, the system would then try and attempt to boot once again. Long story short, it could be a number of things that could be wrong, don't rule any of them out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/machine-only-powers-up-the-first-time.199707/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello there Didnt know where to post it so I made it under quot Device Drivers quot Anyway I want help for building my own gaming PC I m going to give full specs and I also add picture of the case end of this post So the first thing is how big should be my power supply I know that my CPU should take something about W GPU should take around W Speakers around W I dont know how much will take power the Monitors though but I have in mind FHD or something like that Also can somone make clear to me the diffrence between HDD and SSD If I buy HDD then should I necessarily need SSD If I do then how much SSD should I get Ive seen some PC s on sale which has like TB HDD and GB SSD others have GB SSD Specs GB CRUCIAL RAM MB AMD A SFM MATX A M-E MSI MOTHERBOARD AMD R x GPU AMD Athlon II x Quad core GHz CPU Sharkoon T Value Green CASE Now about the GPU should I take the GB or GB The Hardware questions money difference is few bucks Also which company made GPU should I take MSI SAPPHIRE GIGABYTE XFX POWERCOLOR Some of these are called OC-edition toxic-edition boost-edition BF and so on GIGABYTE GV-R XOC- GD-GA Radeon R X Sharkoon T Value Green Hardware questions THANKS nbsp

A:Hardware questions

Matis said:

Hello there

Didnt know where to post it so I made it under "Device Drivers".

Anyway, I want help for building my own gaming PC. I'm going to give full specs and I also add picture of the case end of this post.
THANKSClick to expand...

Hi Matis.
Welcome! And... a couple of pointers...

1) Questions about Builds should go in THIS Forum. Be sure to read the stickies at the top first.
Mailpup (Or another mod) may notice and move your inquiry for you.

2) You generally should post the same question only once and only in one place. Otherwise some of the mods and others tend to get a bit cranky.

3a) You might post an intro, here. Ravisunny2 has taken up the mantle of welcoming newcomers, and offering some helpful links on how to get the most of your Techspot Experience. This is something I used to do, and Kimsland before me. Ravisunny2's post is basically the same as I was welcomed with and which I used to welcome others.

3b) Right now, on this topic, just be a bit patient, and hope that Mailpup notices, and moves your post. Likely will happen within a few days.

4) THEN One or more of those experienced with your particular questions will chime in after it is moved. I have done some recent builds, but I do tend to overbuild. Others will be more inclined to help you squeeze the most bang for the buck. You might review the stickies I mentioned above, and be ready to answer those questions.

I am not going to cross post this answer to your other/duplicate post.
Enjoy your time with us!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-questions.199304/
Relevancy 21.5%

My HDD sounds like it is reading for a good 3-5 minutes on startup. Programs run after a minute or so - albeit very slowly...

Does this mean its new HDD time as it is a good few years old, or do I have hidden files starting.

I have cleared out what I can find that I don't need at boot....

Any suggestions?

A:HDD reading for a long time on startup

How many autoupdate programs are running in your services AND
(for me) the Avast! A/V program induces this behavior.

I've reduced the autoupdates on my laptop, but love Avast! and have learned to just accept it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-reading-for-a-long-time-on-startup.199066/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello guys,

I'm a computer software engineer and have some good skills on that area of computer world. But my knowledge about the hardware of the computer is poor. I guess best thing for start to be familiar with hardware is to knowing the CPUs and Graphic cards and like those. I'd like to entrust it to you to suggest me a good reference (such as a free ebook) for being familiar with computer hardware

A:How to become a computer hardware expert/technician?

If you want to become accustomed to the terms and such, I recommend you visit our forum often and check out some of our responses to hardware questions . Here are some good books: One, Two, three.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-become-a-computer-hardware-expert-technician.198211/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,
I just got a new toshiba satellite C55-A5302 laptop and I immediately encountered a problem. The keyboard was not responding but I noticed that if I held down the key long enough then it owuld respond. I was wondering if this was a problem with the drives or if it was a factory defect or if there was any easy fix for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Keyboard Problem - Extremely Slow Response TIme

DON'T void the warranty, send it back to get it fixed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-problem-extremely-slow-response-time.198232/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have narrowed my selection for a NAS down to the Synology DS413 or DS412. Primary intended use is home storage, media server, Security IP camera server, and remote storage for my children in college. Anyone have experience with these units?

A:Time for a NAS decision

Remote access by your student(s) at school to your local NAS on your router will need the router to have portforwarding enabled to the NAS address and port.

Also suggest you create a directory per user and make them all private per user and then an additional PublicDocs directory and make that r/w for everyone. In this way you know exactly what data can be access by whom and what is basically "I don't care data" in the PublicDocs\

You should also plan for backups, even if you have a Raid-10 configuration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/time-for-a-nas-decision.197006/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there So I recently rebuilt my brother s old Dell XPS adding a new case CPU motherboard and CPU cooler It worked perfectly fine for days handling everything with ease However came home from school today and he said that it was just locking up and freezing e g he s just listening to music and chatting on skype everything freezes Music continues to play but mouse keyboard unresponsive nothing happening on screen I had a suspicion it was the CPU overheating so I checked and it was running VERY hot turns out he turned off the CPU fan accidentally via Speedfan a program which controls PC fan speeds Whatever though I replace the Coolermaster heatsink witht PC freezing? rebuilt Newly the stock AMD heatsink PC boots windows updates everything ok So I replace the Stock heatsink with the Coolermaster heatsink again and boot Next boot everything is running cool and right however it freezes after a few minutes after logging in It s not the CPU temperature which is running fine I placed my hands on the heatsink and it was nice and cool Nothing else comes to mind which could be causing this issue Help me out here is the parts list CPU AMD FX- CPU cooler Coolermaster Hyper tx evo Motherboard ASrock extreme RAM GB of generic ram he had from a while back HDD tb storage and tb boot Windows W Antec PSU nbsp

A:Newly rebuilt PC freezing?

Could it be your Coolermaster heat sink is causing the problem? You said when you put the stock one on it runs fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-rebuilt-pc-freezing.197593/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey guys,
I recently bought a new ACER Aspire V5 netbook/laptop, and so far it's been working great, but with only one issue. The clock keeps losing time, roughly every other time it is switched off it keeps losing time. The laptop is used to keep appointments and stuff like that so the clock is in needing of being fixed SAP really. ormally, it is by a few hours, or sometime is goes back by a day or two. Its really, wierd.

Specs
- AMD A6-1450 CPU @1GHz
- 6GB DDR3 RAM
- 3 Cell Li-ion battery
- 500 GB Hard Drive
- 10 finger touch screen
- Windows 8 Pro, upggraded from Windows 8.

A:Losing Time

If its still under warranty, return it . Don't void any warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/losing-time.197215/
Relevancy 21.5%

Do you guys remember the first time to wipe your phone and what probems did you encounter When my first time to wipe my BB I thought I had performed a security wipe to it but I was terrified that phone? the first your Remember wiped time it won s switch on Cuz it was my first BB and I did not want to screw it up Then I tried to find ou why the device not powering on Actually before the wipe I already had some trouble with wi-fi scanning it either show the previous network it was connected or no network found so I decided to wipe it out After the wipe when I turned it on the display showed logo like shredding something and I waited and waited but it won Remember the first time wiped your phone? t turn on Then I tried to remove the MPJ battery which I bought for extending battery life for several minutes and then switched on again but the same logo appeared I felt hopeless and pissed so I decided to left my phone aside and Remember the first time wiped your phone? did my own thing Several hours later I picked up my BB and surprised it was able to turn on Then I googled the meaning of the logo and there was nothing wrong of my phone just not patient enough nbsp

A:Remember the first time wiped your phone?

I don't like the Blackberry without the keyboard, the best BB is 9930 and the keyboard is so good that I can not help to writing something all the time.

BB10 is a little expensive now and maybe I will buy a second hand one in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remember-the-first-time-wiped-your-phone.196498/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi guys Recently invested in a Dell Ultrasharp quot monitor mostly with photo editing in mind and found that one of the main games I play StarCraft seems to suffer from microstutter since it doesn t fully support crossfire With this in mind I ve been eyeing up some of the latest single card solutions but from most charts and comparisons nothing looks like it s blowing my s out of the water performance wise Should I hold off for next HD5850 to Upgrade : ? Crossfire itch time generation of releases from Nvidia and AMD I can always disable crossfire for Starcraft and just live with lower frame rates at x for a while If I Upgrade itch time : HD5850 Crossfire to ? was to grab a card right now it would probably be Upgrade itch time : HD5850 Crossfire to ? a GTX or an System information doesn t seem to be an option from user picture anymore so here are the stats of the rest of the system CPU Intel i K Ghz Corsair H xAkasa Viper Motherboard Asus P P Pro B Revision Memory Gb Corsair Vengeance Graphics x MSI HD Twin Frozr II CrossfireX Audio Realtek ALC -Channel High Definition Audio Storage Crucial C GB SSD Seagate Barracude TB rpm Case Corsair Graphite T Midi Tower Any advice nbsp

A:Upgrade itch time : HD5850 Crossfire to ?

Might pay to see what AMD's big announcement is on the 25th September. Best case scenario is AMD bite the bullet and opt for a big die to put some pressure on the GTX 780/ Titan, although I'm picking that what they end up with might split the difference between the 7970GE and the GTX 780 performance wise.
Either way, unless it is strictly a PPS presentation, AMD should be announcing some kind of timetable. If that launch is close at hand you could see a nice realignment pricewise if the products look compelling and present sales start to stall out, with the added bonus that AMD would again drop prices to clear inventory.

If you're set on getting a card before then, I'd check the pricing on GTX 670's as well as 760's. You'll get a little more performance with the 670 especially if its an overclocked card (basically a GTX 680 once you hit that cards clock). If not, then the 7950 is, likewise, a solid option in the 180-200 range.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-itch-time-hd5850-crossfire-to.195246/
Relevancy 24.08%

Well, many of you may already be aware of this, but intel has built a backdoor into every vpro processor since ivy bridge and the possibilities can be both useful(fixing tech problems remotely)and sickening(feds framing you with files of incrimination by adding them to your hard drive while off)or maybe(a hacker takes over your computer) and of course industrial sabotage . If you care for personal privacy then you might want to read up. http://www.prisonplanet.com/secret-3g-intel-chip-gives-snoops-backdoor-pc-access.html ​

A:Intel hardware backdoor

Does this only apply to the vpro enterprise processors?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-hardware-backdoor.196671/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello guys I have been thinking about building a new gaming desktop for a while now but my old idea pad finally died so it is time to do this I guess I really just need a place to start as well as some advice on specific parts my time gaming Build First budget is about - dollars Processor I was thinking I or I though I could use advice Motherboard Im really not sure what to use But I do know I would like quite a few USB ports plenty of room for ram and room for improvements graphics card I First time gaming Build like the nvidia Geforce GTX series though which one im not sure I Do know that I will be using monitors so outputs is a must The games I plan to play are starcraft Skyrim Fallout battlefield and the like I dont really care to play everything on max all the time but I would like to be ABLE to go to max but be able to play normally First time gaming Build on high settings Power I really have no idea what kind of power source I would use so this is one place I need a lot of advice other This is the area where I feel im just going to forget something like what kind of heat sink should I buy to put in the processor Things like that would be very helpful In the end anything you guys can help me with is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance guys Also just saying im not locked into the Nvidia graphics card as I have heard great things about other cards as well nbsp

A:First time gaming Build

Something like this is a good base. You can get a slightly lower motherboard, leave out the sound card, and put more money into GPU and PSU. Other people can help with that.

Do you need to purchase a Windows license, monitors, kb/mouse?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-gaming-build.195799/
Relevancy 28.81%

TLDR Graphics card and wlan card randomly stop working I ve Wlan time? working time from card and card to Graphics stop posted this on other forums Graphics card and Wlan card stop working from time to time? so far no help so heres my problem I use my computer on average - hours a day I usually play games or im surfing the net now sometimes Graphics card and Wlan card stop working from time to time? my wlan card and my graphics card just stop working they both dont appear in the device manager I cant plug in my monitor through Graphics card and Wlan card stop working from time to time? the graphics card coz the screen just stays black and the wireless internet icon on the bottom right of the windows screen just says quot no connections available quot Im not on this but it seems like this occurs after playing games for long periods of time im pretty sure the games I play arent too heavy for my system empire total war skyrim etc I took my pc to the repair shop before and everything was working fine when they tried it I dont think its a problem with the wlan or graphics card coz sometimes they work perfectly then suddenly they just stop working when this happens it usually gets fixed when I wait for a day open up the pc and clean everything then perform a system restore I have no idea whats wrong Is everything compatible could it be overheating could the motherboard be faulty Its very unlikely that both these parts just stop working at the same time Noteworth -Sometimes when the wlan card stops working the light on the card itself isnt lit up but sometimes it is -These problems dont always occur at the same time Specs Motherboard Asus M N T-M LE V Graphics Radeon HD Wlan card D-link DWA Processor AMD athlon II x PSU Cant see the brand I think its a stock PSU Max watts Thanks for the help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-and-wlan-card-stop-working-from-time-to-time.195964/
Relevancy 21.93%

I really want some help here cause I have absolutely no idea Specs AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm DH Graphics Quad core Ghz G DDR memory Gig HDD G full Graphics Radeon HD G over FPS down Game time slows Alright I ve never really run into this problem before I can download a game and play it for the first day wonderfully Game FPS slows down over time I start back up and the next day the FPS is cut in half One of these games is War Thunder and going from an average of FPS Game FPS slows down over time to is a little painful Starmade also had this problem I was running FPS for a few days then it dropped to around and stayed there These drops happened weeks apart This has happened with other games but none of their drops happened at the same time The worst part is that one a game drops it always runs that slow and never runs any better regardless of how many restarts settings changes or background programs I close This is odd because I ve never heard of a game-specific drop in performance I should probably mention that the laptop s only about a month old If anyone could help me with this that would be great Thank you nbsp

A:Game FPS slows down over time

First, we usually tell people that if this thing is still under warranty then contact seller and tell them of your issues. A10 chips are good chips.

Second, do you have a cooling pad? Heat can cause this issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-fps-slows-down-over-time.195014/
Relevancy 21.5%

So I got my graphics card, memory and cpu heatsink attached to my asus sabertooth z87 mobo and test with an external test. I get 1 long beep followed by 5 short beeps, although there is a small pause before the final (5th) beep. Now I only have the speaker in and do not have anything connected to a monitor. The manual says 1 continuous beep followed by 4 short ones is hardware failure but it doesn't say anything about a 5th beep that comes after a small pause. Could any of this have to do with the fact that I do not have a monitor plugged in anywhere? Other components:
GTX 770
Corsiar vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz
Hyper 212 EVO

A:First time external test with mobo

Okay so now I put it in a monitor and an error message came up saying cpu fan error and im in the bios screen now. anyone ever have this problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-external-test-with-mobo.194977/
Relevancy 24.51%

Watercooling kit Hardware Help CPU Hey guys evening morning afternoon So I have ordered up k asus hero vengeance pro x GB and Corsair ax and are in need of a WC components for the CPU cooling thermal paste suggestions and whether CLU is worth it tips id appreciate as well So far for the Waterblock I am sticking with XSPC Raystorm which il (CPU) kit Watercooling hardware help get red leds for at some later stage For RAD I need a slim for Cosmos top In terms of a reservoir I am going with a cylinder type something along the lines of this When it comes to tubing black and no restrictions on flex or thickness as long as it all fits within the other components of course Rest of the parts such as the pumps and fittings I have no idea about If you guys could recommend me some rads pumps fittings and anything else I might need id greatly appreciate that Iv never WCooled before and with k getting Watercooling kit hardware help (CPU) rather hot for Ghz id love to get into WCling ASAP My price range is under the cheaper the better but best Watercooling kit hardware help (CPU) possible Watercooling kit hardware help (CPU) temps for a good price Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Watercooling kit hardware help (CPU)

Send a pm to red1776. His setup is more extensive than my own. I'll probably only be chiming on every so often as while I have built my own WC'ing system I haven't built many

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/watercooling-kit-hardware-help-cpu.194730/
Relevancy 21.5%

So I was thinking and I decided that my current computer wasn t good enough for what specs, New time First Build builder games I was playing Then one of my friends gave me the idea to bulid my own gaming rig so here I am Here s my specs CPU i - k GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Corsair H i CFM New Build specs, First time builder Liquid CPU Cooler Motherboard MSI Z -GD Gaming ATX LGA Motherboard RAM Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Intel New Build specs, First time builder Series GB mSATA Solid State Disk Some Guides I ve seen recommend getting a SSD for your operating system to be stored on and a hard drive for all your files games e t c so I m not quite sure whether to go for that idea or just SSD Video Card MSI GeForce GTX GB Video Card Case Inwin GRone Gray ATX Full Tower Case Power Supply Cooler Master V W PLUS Gold Certified ATX V EPS V Power Supply Optical Drive Lite-On IHAS - DVD CD Writer Thermal Compound Antec Formula Nano Diamond g Thermal Paste Operating System Windows Eight bit Cost Is this setup good Please don t post any upgrades because my budget was to so im already over If anything is overkill let me know Thanks for the help nbsp

A:New Build specs, First time builder

WOW, thats a nice build!

Although I gotta ask, what is it you do that would require the 4x8GB memory modules? Unless you are doing something spectacular, 2x8GB would probably be more than you need for a very long time.

Since you have chosen a mSATA SSD, I take it you have done your homework and know the motherboard supports mSATA. I had to double check to make sure you wasn't making a mistake. As for the 1 SSD option instead of 1SSD/1HDD, you can make that decision at a later date if you so choose.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-specs-first-time-builder.194225/
Relevancy 21.93%

My cpu taking much time to turn on, when I switch on the power,it takng nearly 30-40 seconds to turn on cpu led lights and whole cpu itself!
can anyone help me in ths regards.

A:Cpu taking much time to turn on

What is the make and model of this "slow" computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-taking-much-time-to-turn-on.193003/
Relevancy 21.93%

Case - Lancool PC-K Case Power supply - XFX Pro W Core Edition V Cooling Fans - Cooler Master Hyper Plus Cooler Motherboard - Asus P H -MX Builder First Time Advice Need USB Socket VGA DVI Channel Audio mATX Processor CPU - Intel Core i P GHz Socket MB Ram - Crucial First Time Builder Need Advice Ballistix Sports GB x GB DDR MHz PC - U Video card - EVGA GeForce GTX SC GB GDDR Harddrive - Seagate Barracuda TB RPM ST DM Disk drive - Pioneer DVR- BK Hi I am a first time builder who lives in the UK and would like to build a gaming PC that is preferably with in the price range of to I would like to know if the products listed above are compatible and whether I should consider buying other products which are cheaper and better in terms of performance I would also like know if this is a decent build in running most game today in the highest quality as well as how long it will last before I need to buy newer better parts nbsp

A:First Time Builder Need Advice

Everything is compatible.

Nice case and CPU cooler, however the CPU cooler would not really be needed if you don't over-clock. The Boxed CPU comes with an OEM CPU cooler that is fine with non-over-clock conditions.
Are you planning on over-clocking? If so the motherboard and CPU are not really designed for over-clocking.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-builder-need-advice.193366/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all I put another thread up yesterday as when I plug laptop in to external monitor the colour goes red and blue but only this week it started it has been fine up till now.

but now I noticed I go on to desk top and try to do anything and it freezes so I decided to use the onboard factory format that was at 6pm yesterday and its still only on 64% and its now be running 16 hours something seriously wrong is it ram hard drive or cpu .. all help appreciated

A:Laptop freezing and taking 1-day to format

Can anyone help please.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezing-and-taking-1-day-to-format.193104/
Relevancy 21.93%

Ok so I m a first time builder here with a budget of I use my computer for web browsing with a million tabs so 1st time build, lost :P open I admit lol music recording editing normally about or so tracks only lite gaming minecraft with heavy skin packs and will be doing small video editing like boxes of video in one frame and watching movies both blue-ray and the occasional live stream I use Windows themes skins on my computer and have more rainmeter gadgets than I probably need I ve come across some good barebones kits for but they lack a few things which I may not even need lol I definitely need a wireless card no cable running to my room and obviously a blue-ray player I don t burn music or movies onto CDs if I need to I already have a burner I m looking for a minimum GB of RAM Do I really need an SSD My mind keeps saying quot YES quot but my wallet says quot nope not in the budget quot I do already have a TB drive for storage I would just like an SSD for the OS and programs But if that s not feasible I have no problem with a small HDD So what am I looking for that will meet the needs of my use and budget Mobo CPU GPU RAM PSU Case SSD-or-HDD Blue-Ray Player Wifi Card and after market cooler heatsink everyone always says stay away from OEM coolers go after market So if I m not all that crazy and this is feasible I appreciate any and all help and hope to learn a good bit in the process please feel free to teach so I actually learn something I m not loyal to any brand so I don t care about any of that at least not yet Thanks nbsp

A:1st time build, so lost :P

matrix86 said:

(everyone always says stay away from OEM coolers...go after market)Click to expand...

I would only make that recommendation based on whether the person will be overclocking. Neither Intel or AMD will package their CPU with a cooler that not sufficiently adequate under non-overclock conditions.

Have you assembled a parts list or are awaiting feedback first?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1st-time-build-so-lost-p.192750/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,

I am running XP SP 2 on Intel Motherboard DH55TC, Core i5 CPU. UAA High Definition Audio class driver is resulting in high hardware interrupts that uses upto 10 to 12% of CPU. The interrupts goes away if I uninstall UAA Bus driver through Device Manager. But this also disables RealTek audio driver which means I hear sound no more.

I tried updating the UAA driver to Version 1.0a but still the hardware interrupts wont go away. Please help how to fix this issue.

A:Microsoft UAA bus driver for High Definition Audio is causing high hardware interrupt

Download the Realtek drivers here Realtek drivers, you want the third one down, Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-uaa-bus-driver-for-high-definition-audio-is-causing-high-hardware-interrupt.152928/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey,
I have a Zotac GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition graphics card. I have been trying to install my graphics card for quite some time now :/ When I open the installation driver, it says "nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware". I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager. The only graphics card I can find is the inbuilt Intel graphics. Can someone help me install my driver? Thanks!

A:Nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware

Should I uninstall my Intel driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-graphics-driver-could-not-find-compatible-hardware.192314/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello all.
My sister in laws Acer aspire 5750z-4885 was recently sat on and the screen is cracked. I was going to replace it for her but before I order a new screen I was wondering if it is even just the screen and not something else that I cannot repair. The laptop since getting the screen cracked will shut off after powering up in about 4-7 seconds or so I haven't used a stop watch lol.
I am wondering if perhaps there is a short or some other dmg caused by the screen being cracked that will not be remedied by replacing it. I have limited experience with cracked lappy screens. Thank you all so much for any and all replies I love this board and it has helped me many times in the past.

A:Acer aspire 5750z-4885 shuts off after 4 to 7 seconds

Yes, the cracked LCD screen can be the cause of the shutdown. Replacing the LCD panel is not that difficult for someone experienced, but for you it might be too much. You have to disassemble the top cover without breaking the plastic. The video cable might not be included with the new panel, so you would have to use the old cable. The cable connection to the panel is very delicate...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5750z-4885-shuts-off-after-4-to-7-seconds.191911/
Relevancy 21.93%

So I am trying to build my own computer case for gaming and home use and still want to use my micro-atx motherboard running with amd 64 athlon x2. Question is what is the best recommendation for a computer chassis, memory upgrade, and psu. Also, should I upgrade my processor to, lets say, a amd phenom II x3? Thanks for any replies

A:Any recommendations for a first time builder?

You should do anything until you tell us what you need (OS? Monitor?), your monitor size, games you're gonna play, budget, location.

Either way, not much point to pump money into your old system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-recommendations-for-a-first-time-builder.191648/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey everyone,
So I have only bought regular computers and I was thinking about buying a gaming laptop, or possibly pc, but I dont know what I need. Some help would be very appreciated. Here is what I want the computer for, now dont laugh at me, or at least just chuckle to yourself while calling me a noob, or whatever the lingo is. But I wanted the computer for my Sims games. Hey, you guys have your minecraft or whatever, I have my Sims, leave me alone. So what kind of computer would I need. Cuz I will eventually upload all expansion packs and I am tired of my regular pc running slow. So please help, and if buying a regular laptop with some kind of memory can suffice than please let me know.
Thanks!

A:First time getting a gaming computer

Well, Sims games arent demanding at all. They use pretty ancient engines. You dont even need a GPU for that, you can easily get a PC with integrated graphics for about 500 USD. What is your budget? You want a laptop right? And is the Sims all you will be playing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-getting-a-gaming-computer.191631/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey all I m looking for advice and possibly tips and answers on whether or not my current build will work first $1k rig, time builder gaming I ve done some scouting through Newegg and looking at advice tips through the net on how to build a gaming rig and looking at pricings and $1k gaming rig, first time builder what to look for but I want to make sure it ll work most of all and whether or not this is a good buy for k spending limit It s currently $1k gaming rig, first time builder priced at around but with rebates and such I don t know if wishlist accounts for rebates and things like that it could be around altogether After reading the how to post new building threads I ve decided to add in this info I have no bought any items yet I live in Georgia US I m using this computer mainly for gaming I only have a laptop at the moment and most likely won t be using any parts from it for my new computer I m looking to keep this rig under dollars and do not have a monitor keyboard mouse or operating system yet But I m currently looking operating systems at the moment and monitors I doubt a keyboard and mouse will be that bad for cheapo s until I get more money And I don t know if I will need any after market cooling as I m pretty noob new to a lot of this stuff Sidenote I ve been told I could scrap my optical drive for a higher priced Graphics card but I heard the was a decent buy for it s price I ll see what you guys have to say but I would like to be able to watch dvd s and such and install some of the CD d PC games I already currently own Thanks My Wishlist Graphics Card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Radeon G CPU http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Intel i - ivy bridge gz gz turbo boosted MoBo http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E ASRock Z Storage http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Corsair GB SATA III SSD http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Western Digital GB Power Supply http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Corsair TX series Computer Case http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Rosewell Challenger-U Memory http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E G SKILL Sniper Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Optical Drive http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E LG Black Blu-Ray TOTAL PRICE I would have posted my actual wishlist but I have no idea how to do it through Newegg nbsp

A:$1k gaming rig, first time builder

Scrapping the optical drive for a better GPU is an option. However, what you already have looks solid. I don't see a Monitor,Keyboard/Mouse or OS included in this. Are they on a separate budget?

If you were to scrap the Optical drive, you could move up to something like this.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131484

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1k-gaming-rig-first-time-builder.190732/
Relevancy 24.08%

I think its the program that started up automatically one day shortly after I got this W7 on 12/23/12. Like most pop ups, I quickly X'd out of it not knowing what it was.
The second time it happened, I let it go & it showed 100% ok. I think that was in January & I haven't seen it pop up since but if it has & it finished & disappeared on its own,ok.
Anyhow, I think I relocated it manually & Alerts was blinking. I clicked on it & saw this.

I think the Freedom Scientific Mirror thing is the program the original owner asked me for & I asked in here. I can't fing the thread thou.
The "Unknown Device" is just that, unknown.
Any suggestions? Or just leave it alone?

A:Hardware diagnostics tools

You might what to uninstall the Freedom Scientific Mirror display Driver, If it applies to nothing you are using, This may or may not take care of the unknown device problem at the same time. As far as the HP hardware diagnostic program. This is just a software tool Hp installs in there software to alert you of problems. Have it in my computer to. Have never really used it though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-diagnostics-tools.190725/
Relevancy 21.93%

I just built a new PC and installed a Sapphire RADEON HD 6670 1gb DDR5...

I want to run two monitors (extended) using the DVI and HDMI ports. I just get a black screen on the second monitor??

A:How to use HDMI & DVI at the same time...

Which operating system are you using?
Do you have an option to extend desktop in Windows display properties?

If you are using Windows 7 try pressing "Windows Key + P" at the same time. This should bring up a projection menu with 4 options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-use-hdmi-dvi-at-the-same-time.189833/
Relevancy 29.24%

Anybody know what would make a monitor display for 10 seconds and then go black?
I can shut it off...turn back on and it displays again for 10 seconds and goes blank.
I have changed out cables. tried on several machines, and outputs, same result.
any help would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-works-for-10-seconds-then-goes-black.188677/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey all, been a while since I last built a system, and never done one with an SSD.

I'm assuming the SSD is basically my C drive where I will install the OS, plus any games I want to run quickly, then everything else on my D drive (just a regular HDD).

Sound about right?

A:First time setting up an SSD drive

Right. and don't forget to turn off some things like defragmentation, indexing and prefetch in windows. those are designed for hdd.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-setting-up-an-ssd-drive.188558/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a Toshiba Satellite L505-GS6000 and was looking to upgrade my ram so my computer would run faster. one reason I am doing this is an online game I used to play all the time wont play very well, the fps is good but after about 4 mins of playing the game starts freezing every 4-5 seconds. my question however is while looking for ram to put in my computer I found a Corsair 8GB PC8500 DDR3 1066Mhz SODIMM Memory - 2x4096MB or Patriot PSD316G1333SK Signature Laptop Memory Kit - 16GB (2 x 8GB), PC3-10600, DDR3-1333MHz, 1.5V, CL9, Non-ECC, Unbuffered. I wasnt sure which would be better for my laptop an give it the best speed. also what does the Unbuffered mean? I was also wanting to make sure the Ram memory kits would fit in my laptop. Thanks

A:Could my RAM cause my games to keep freezing?

Where did you get that info? You might try http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/
http://www.crucial.com/ Both same website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-my-ram-cause-my-games-to-keep-freezing.184791/
Relevancy 24.51%

So my current pc is socket 478 im planning to upgrade to a socket 1155 I was wondering will the hard drive ect work from the 478 to the 1155 socket

to know I still have until like what next june to build this pc should I still buy an Ivy or go for a haswell even tho im on a 700 euro budget which you can cut 200 Euros alrdy from the radeon 7850 or maybe the next series? if there will be

A:Motherboard + PC hardware

Tbh I built a pc from a famous electronics shop
Note it was Just a Mix and Match to see how much the whole system would cost me and it seems that it would fit my budget
were I live and an intel i5-3570k with full manufacturing case optical drive/sound card/hard drive/motherboard/ costed me about 625 euros with vat

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-pc-hardware.187586/
Relevancy 21.5%

On a Dell desktop w/ XP SP3, the printer (wired Lexmark 1200) will print a page from the browser while online. The printer will not function in Word or Notepad. Any suggestions?

A:Printer working part of the time

What are the setting differences between browser and Word? Page size, scaling etc. Try from Notepad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-working-part-of-the-time.186716/
Relevancy 24.08%

Doing custom build for trial of Linux distros having kernels 2.4.31 to 2.6.29. I will be using AMD processor, and three mobile-rack dedicated hard disk drives (500 to 750GB each). Prefer Nvidia graphics card, if possible (but it must not be 'HDCP-compliant' or 'HDCP-ready'). No Intel or Sony products. Price is not a consideration. Other than these provisos, I'm open to any specific hardware recommendations or general guidance, in choosing components best suited to this build.

A:Hardware suggestions sought

Good luck with that graphics card ... ? :S

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-suggestions-sought.186630/
Relevancy 21.93%

So I just did some upgrades on my PC and now it s time for the video card I went from a Gigabyte mobo gb ram and an E to an ASrock Extreme mobo for a Upgrading my time PC, GPU new gb ram and a k I m not seeing much difference for what I use the computer for which is Upgrading my PC, time for a new GPU mainly some gaming and just browsing the internet I know the k was overkill and I wish I would have gone with the k and used the extra for something else My question is which card to get I play games like WOW Skyrim Assassins Creed Crysis and Mass Effect I don t game a ton and don t do any video editing other than maybe converting a movie to a different format or burning a DVD I d like to stay as cheap as possible so I m leaning towards the It s sometimes cheaper than the ti I m kinda stuck between these two models and can t really see a difference other than the stock OC Is there a big difference between different brands other than like warranty or cooling Is the ti that much better or would it just be overkill I m using an HIS currently if that helps Thanks in advance and sorry for the wall of text nbsp

A:Upgrading my PC, time for a new GPU

If you don't do much gaming and no video editing then the 7870 and 660ti are waaaaaay too overkill.
take a look at the HD7770 instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-pc-time-for-a-new-gpu.185803/
Relevancy 30.96%

Building a new pc Its been since since I did a brand new overhaul Things to consider -I have a tj and a mountainmods ascension case capable of holding quad rads on front lower panel -Yes I will liquid cool the monster -I have an Areca raid controller capable of running time! Long time PC coming... buildin' sata II drives -I have x GB vertex first generation ssds -I have quot asus led monitors two of them but I will be picking up a quot high res monitor soon -I have a black widow ultimate keyboard -Yes I play mmo s and no I m not saying which ones -I have a watt gold silverstone psu -I know what I currently have is Long time coming... PC buildin' time! good but I plan to piece the machine off and sell give away most of it at least the things that aren t listed above -I leave for the USAF in a month Budget is usd Any questions just ask Have at it Excited to see what contractions my fellow techies come up with nbsp

A:Long time coming... PC buildin' time!

You don't need anywhere near $4-5k to play MMOs even on a 2560x1600 screen. The most demanding games are FPSs and some RPGs. If you're doing a lot of CPU intensive work then go with an X79/3930K build but otherwise a 3570K will be fine, and you'll have a lot of your budget left over.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/long-time-coming-pc-buildin-time.186081/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello everyone I m upgrading my CPU and motherboard and by extension RAM since it s DDR and I want some input on whether or not I should spend some cash and go with a Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge system or a Phenom II or Bulldozer one Obviously the Phenom II system would work out cheaper and I like cheaper But I m wondering if that need a long suggestions some Upgrading please after time; very by not opting for the latest-and-greatest Intel chip would I be looking at an upgrade sooner rather than later down the road Any and all suggestions and or input are welcomed my location and current system specs are in my signature so please keep those in mind when suggesting anything I d prefer buying locally since most of the popular components are easily available via retail but I wouldn t mind ordering online if the price is right although with shipping rates the way they are I can t imagine that happening anytime soon nbsp

A:Upgrading after a very long time; need some suggestions please

Hi Rage.

Honestly speaking, I find that the choice of CPU, whether AMD or Intel, should not warrant that you look at an upgrade too soon. I have been using the Phenom II X3 720 for three years now and still it performs really well for most purposes.

Now benchmarks do reveal that the Intel (Ivy Bridge / Sandy Bridge) are far superior to their AMD (Bulldozer / Phenom II) counterparts. Consider the i5 3570k (the CPU you incidentally suggested for my new build). It costs around $229 which is 20% more as compared to AMD's flagship FX 8150. Although the AMD has 8 cores it is outperformed by the quad core Intel by around 40% (and above) in most benchmarks. In games, the 3570K stock outperforms an overclocked 8150 by approx. 30%.

The above, however, are just numbers. For most everyday tasks you should be fine with either CPU. If gaming at 1920x1080, your GPU will likely be the most limiting factor as neither CPU will cause any bottlenecks.

My opnion is that you finalise your budget. If you see that the Ivy Bridge can be comfortably accomodated go for it. Else I'm sure that the AMD will not disappoint.

One thing of note is that the Phenom IIs have generally benched better than the Bulldozers. That makes me sad as expectations from AMD were much higher.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-after-a-very-long-time-need-some-suggestions-please.184521/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have been doing research on purchasing 4-bay+ external RAID enclosure for myself. I have done research on software vs. hardware raids for this system, but one question still eludes me; so I am going to ask it here directly.

If I buy software RAID enclosure I will have to use some included software to set-up my raid. So, if I take my enclosure to another PC and plug it in (let's say eSATA) I will not be able to read the data, correct? If I get true hardware raid, the raid set up will be on the build in controller so I will be able to take the enclosure from computer to computer, right?

And since TS has new poll feature lets try it out...

A:Hardware vs. software RAID on 4-bay+ RAID enclosure

Regardless of whether you use software or hardware RAID, the enclosure will work whatever you plug it into. The only thing that might not work is connecting an individual disk (used as part of the array) into a device. It all depends on whether the device in question can read the controller used for the RAID set up.

For example, I ran with RAID 1 for two 2TB hard drives in my PC, but I can connect one of them to the same device as a non-RAID disk -- which I successfully did when the RAID broke down for an unexplained reason.

However, it is unlikely to work in a computer, and you should approach it as not working at all in anything but the RAID enclosure. It's also worth pointing out that splitting RAID disks in such a way could corrupt the data. Given that pretty much every decent RAID enclosure worth its salt will include gigabit ethernet at the size you're looking for, availability shouldn't be an issue across your LAN.

Hardware-based RAID arrays are also more reliable in operation, and have the extra benefit of being recoverable in a controller failure by replacing it with the same version as before. Software RAID's are less reliable, slower performing and in the event of a controller failure can be difficult to bring back online.

Basically, when it comes to RAID arrays, don't skimp on cost. The better the quality/controllers the more reliable and better performing it will be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-vs-software-raid-on-4-bay-raid-enclosure.185358/
Relevancy 21.5%

My computer (Compaq Presario 2500, win xp-sp3) experiences some serious speed problems.
It delays at boot time. It takes about 20 - 30 minutes to complete it. Lunching of applications is tedious, sometimes 5-10 minutes, and execution and switching between applications is really slow. Process Explorer indicates that IRQs and DPCs consume up to 90%of cpu time.
At arbitrary times it crushes just freezing or with a screen that says that it has to shutdown because of a serious problem.

Please help me to resolve these problems.
Thank you in advance.
Giannis

A:IRQs and DPCs consuming 90% of CPU time

Assuming you have scanned for malware, I would suggest a system file scan, using "sfc /scannow" &/or "chkdsk" from a command prompt, if no good a repair install of xp, if you can get hold of a disk. Otherwise, might be looking at hardware failure (could try reseating RAM too?)
Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/irqs-and-dpcs-consuming-90-of-cpu-time.184611/
Relevancy 24.08%

Ok so as stated above I am new to this. I have installed memory before but that is it. I am planning on buying a new graphics card for my computer. Because I hear a integrated graphics card is not so good. But I am unsure what I am able to install! Please help me out.

My model copmuter from the manufacturers website
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03135882#N66

A:Newcomer to installing hardware

Integrated graphics...good or bad...depends on what you plan on doing. If you can post your budget, games/software you plan on running then I'm sure someone will be able to find what you need.

I see that your computer has a 300W PSU, depends on the graphics card, you might need to upgrade that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newcomer-to-installing-hardware.184563/
Relevancy 21.93%

This is my first gaming build and spent all day on this. Is it looking solid ? or are there bottlenecks ? somewhere I can do better within same price range ?. and Please reccomend me a graphics card.

What I got ready to buy:

Case -
COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
PSU -
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power ...
HDD -SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Mother Board - Intel BOXDH77KC LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM - Patriot Intel Extreme Master, Limited Edition 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000) Desktop Memory Model ...

CPU - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 ...

Graphics Card - Recommend ?

A:First time build is this looking ok?

Is there any reason why you are matching the K version CPU with H77 motherboard chipset?

From what I hear the H77 is not very overclock friendly which is what the CPU K version represents.

Edit:
I would consider the nVidia GTX 660 Ti or wait a few weeks for the GTX 660 to be released. If the GTX 660 is too high a price the GTX 650 should release about the same time as the GTX 660. I'm not strickly nVidia, it has been awhile since I looked at AMD's offerings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-build-is-this-looking-ok.184523/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello helpful people of TechSpot I m creating this thread because my graphics card is reoccurring problem This problem occurs on multiple occasions I am sure loading a game Civilization V Starcraft is causing this to occur but in the past I think Video error hardware running multiple applications web browser music application games has also had the same effect This error isn t constant I have had multiple occasions where I can load multiple apps or a game as mentioned and have no video hardware error at all The only other thing I can report is before I installed my new graphics cards see specs below I had another card that I swapped out The software is still installed but I figure that doesn t effect my current graphics card I have installed the software for my new graphics card using the CD software but I fear something may have gone awry My specs are Graphics Card ASUS HD -DC TG- GD -V Radeon HD GHz Edition Motherboard ASRock Z Extreme Gen LGA Intel Z Processor Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz Here is a log of my most recent hardware error Source Windows Summary Video hardware error Date PM Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA Video hardware error BDF E BCP FFFFF C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Video hardware error Product I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I should do to fix this reoccurring problem In addition a less significant question Am I able to uninstall past video card software I am wondering this because I have gotten rid of my older graphics card as mentioned above and I would like to uninstall the software because I no longer need it Thanks a ton nbsp

A:Video hardware error

Are you saying you left the software for the other Video card install.. This would mean the drivers to. If this is the case. and I am understanding you right. If so this may very well be your problem. I would uninstall the software for the old video cards software and drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-hardware-error.184185/
Relevancy 21.93%

I m just dipping a toe into multi-monitor use and have some questions I using monitors time multiple First have a inch and a inch monitor at the moment have another and to use if need be later I have a ATI card I have both monitors plugged into the video card I ve noticed when I extend the desktop to both screens I have some quot flickering quot on the second inch monitor Almost like its trying to adjust itself to something automatically It only flickers when I scroll the mouse wheel up and down First time using multiple monitors a page or move a window around etc Seems to happen when one screen has a browser at full screen and something might be leaking over to the other screen not sure if I can explain it better than that When I create an eyefinity group even though the monitors are different I see no flickering at all all is well Just wondering if this is some setting on the smaller monitor I need to look into Its a Dell FPV ALSO I am assuming this videocard with two monitors on it may take a performance hit if I use it while gaming For example have the inch be the gamer monitor and have the inch showing the desktop with a browser window or teamspeak on it Also I m looking through my parts here and I have some older video cards I may look into adding one just for the second monitor on the desktop Thoughts nbsp

A:First time using multiple monitors

im no expert but it could be your refresh rate on the second monitor is different from the first so that could be it,

1.go to control panel under appearance and personalization click adjust screen resolution

2.click the monitor you want to change

3.click advanced setting and monitor tab and change the refresh rate

and your gaming fps should not go down through the multi display set up unless your doing something graphic/cpu demanding task

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-using-multiple-monitors.183934/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey all!

So I built my Rig around a month ago, and since then I have saved up $400 AUD.
I've been doing quite a bit of gaming and video editing and come to the conclusion that it could use a bit more 'kick'.
So- what do you guys think?
I'd rather not spend all $400, so I've been looking at the HD7850, or 7870 if I should stretch my budget.

Here are my current specs:
CPU: AMD FX-6100 (3.3GHz-6core)
Cooler: CM TX3 EVO (push-pull config)
GPU: GTX 550ti
MoBo: ASRock 970 Extreme 4
HDD: 500GB seagate
Memory: 8GB (2x4GB-1333MHz) Patriot Gamer2
Monitor: 22" Viewsonic (1920x1080- not too happy about this. If I look closely, text is blurred over 2-3 pixels, and it does not look as clear as my 1366x768 laptop. Yes, I have turned on cleartype text and all that. it does not help)

Any input is appreciated!

A:Got some money... time for upgrades?

If you can wait a few more weeks the GTX 660 Ti is nearing release. That is unless you want to jump fence and go with AMD this time around. I think the release date is set for August 16th. Waiting would allow you to compare price/performance between nVidia and AMD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-some-money-time-for-upgrades.183877/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have got fx 8150 processor and hd 6670 gpu but still can't run high end games like ME3 and crysis2....even deus ex human revolution stooped running after 6th level!!.......when I checked the requirements my configuration was more than suffice!...plaese any suggestions??....should I call up the manufacturer as its only a month old?

A:Got latest hardware but still can't play high end games like ME3 or Crysis 2

The 6670 is really a weak card for a game like Crysis 2... though it should fare a bit better with ME3. I think DEHR falls somewhere in the middle. Your GPU is your likely bottleneck on that system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-latest-hardware-but-still-cant-play-high-end-games-like-me3-or-crysis-2.183324/
Relevancy 21.93%

I dont know whats wrong these are my specs:

Gigabyte Z77
Asus Xonar 5.1
Seasonic Platinum 860 watt power supply
Corsair Vengeance 16Gb 4 x 4Gb
Intel I5 3570k ivy bridge 3.4Ghz (3.8Ghz with turbo boost)
EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2Gb vram
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb Hdd
Lite-on Bd Drive
Antec 1200

At first I forgot to plug in the 12v cpu power, but I fixed that. This morning I noticed I put the power buttons cable into the wrong spot because I was following the cases color coding instead of the motherboards. But now I have no idea whats wrong. I have one idea, the screws I used to screw the motherboard in are really long and they stick out of the motherboard. Could that be the problem? Can someone help me I REALLY want to use this pc. I have been waiting for 5 years.

A:Just built a new PC for the first time and it will not start up

Please tell us what the problem is. What is the computer doing or not doing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-built-a-new-pc-for-the-first-time-and-it-will-not-start-up.183108/
Relevancy 24.94%

hello, I am looking for some help with a few questions.

my first question is: my mother board is a IPIBL-LB (Benicia), I am using a geforce 8400gts, and I have a 300 watt psu. does anyone see a problem with this? I am not meaning to joke or anything, I recently took a look at the power requirements of the graphics card and saw that I come 50 watts short. any help would be great.

the second question I have is: with the aforementioned motherboard I am looking to run a geforce gtx 285. are these compatible??? if so could anyone recommend an adequate psu that would give enough juice

any help would be great, please forgiveme as I am not tech savvy.

thanks, fghrt

A:Help with PC hardware

It might be okay, but it depends on the amperage available on the 12v rails more than the wattage really. If it runs okay, then you could continue to use it, but I would personally recommend you consider an upgrade.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-pc-hardware.183068/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi I purchased my computer a few months ago and have upgrades it twice hardware, FPS Good low with a new video card and power supply everything runs amazing Skyrim Battlefield Max Payne L A Noire Rage Witcher Mass Effect Crysis Civ Arkham City and more ALL FPS at a beautiful x yet darkness Good hardware, low FPS warhammer space marine Deus ex human revolution and saints row the third all hover at about fps no matter the settings just really frustrating that my gaming pc I have al least into already cant run a few less hardware intensive games I have all current drivers installed so I m literally at wits end here Here are my specs Mainboard Gigabyte M MT-S Chipset Family h Processor HyperTransport Configuration Processor AMD FX MHz Physical Memory MB x DDR -SDRAM Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Hard Disk Seagate ST DM - BC SCSI Disk Device GB DVD-Rom Drive ATAPI iHAS B DVD-Rom Drive JKHSL TMNKLM XAZ Monitor Type E VL - inches Network Card NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Operating System Windows Home Premium Home Edition Media Center Service Pack -bit DirectX Version Windows Performance Index on Power Supply Thermaltake w Black Widow nbsp

A:Good hardware, low FPS

Please can anyone help? I don't mind spending the money to upgrade my hard drive if that's the problem, 500GB isn't enough for me anyway cause I'm thinking it's a memory problem but I don't know for sure, can't find much info on this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-hardware-low-fps.182661/
Relevancy 21.07%

Pls anyone who can advise me on how to fix this minor issue.. So I had a windows welcome tune whenever I on my PC.. but after a few minutes, there are no sounds when I watch online or some movies on my pc.. and when I click the audio icon on taskbar, it states that there are no active audio mixers.. So I just go to services.msc and windows audio then start it, then everything's fine.. not until I restart my PC.. it is set to Automatic but it just stops on its own after every restart.. I thought of having a system restore but afraid of what might happen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/there-are-no-active-audio-mixers-error-despite-having-a-functional-hardware.182911/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi guys So I is bootup. Where my keyboard? time First built up my computer Where is my keyboard? First time bootup. for the first time with the following components Antec Sonata Elite Black mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Corsair Vengeance Blue GB DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit OCZ ModXStream Pro W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i i i and AMD Phenom Sapphire AMD Radeon HD GB PCI-E Video Card L ASUS Intel Z ATX DDR LGA Motherboard P Z -V I put everything in place and turn on the power but nothing happens Nothing shows up on my Where is my keyboard? First time bootup. monitor in the beginning and there are no beeps Then I realize that my case doesn Where is my keyboard? First time bootup. t have internal speakers but no biggie I figure its going to be ok I check the connections on everything and reinstall everything to make sure all of the components are connected alright Then I reconnect the VGA plug into the one not on the motherboard but on the GPU All the fans are running and I can feel everything else running as well I restart The monitor now boots up and I see option to press enter and F Both of them are more or less for BIOS but it detects USB keyboard but it does detect the mouth I press the keys on my keyboard for the corresponding options but nothing happens Help Do I need to buy a USB keyboard nbsp

A:Where is my keyboard? First time bootup.

Perhaps. This sounds like you need to update the USB drivers. I just built a new system and most of my USB 3.0 were not working. I had to update to the latest offerings. You may need a BIOS upgrade as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-is-my-keyboard-first-time-bootup.182673/
Relevancy 21.5%

I recently noticed that any sound and/or video starts to stutter at random occasions. It could be when im watching a Youtube video or a video in Media Player Classic, and even when playing a game. Basically all games are unplayable, sound keeps stuttering/cutting and so does the game.

GTX 580 Twin Frozr II
i5 2500k
8GB RAM
P8H67

A:Sound/video stutters all the time

I just tried reinstalling Flash Player, my Codec packs. And it still has this issue, whole pc lags along with sound, mouse moves like laggy slow motion and sound does the same.

If its any help, just when these problems began my svchost became 280mb+ memory usage 24/7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-video-stutters-all-the-time.182312/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi, I am building a computer for the first time. But i would like some tips. I have already chosen some parts:

Full Tower:
Cooler Master full tower. Model:RC-932-KKN5-GP Product code on Newegg: N82E16811119160

Cpu: Intel I7 Quad core Sandy Bridge Processor 95W. 3,4 Ghz (3.8 Ghz with Turbo Boost) Model:BX80623I72600 Product code on Newegg:N82E16819115071

I am planning on building a strong pc for high end gaming but i am not sure on what kiond of parts I should choose. First of all are these good parts and would you recommend any other full towers. Also I do not know much about gpu's and would you recommend any of those for me. Also what tools do i need for a pc once i build it other than a screwdriver and do you have any tips for building them? Thanks in advanced.

A:Making a computer for the first time, need some tips

Hi,

Knowing your budget and location (I presume US since you mentioned Newegg) would be excellent.

Some questions:

Do you want a silent-and-sleek build? or a more in-your-face gaming rig?
How much storage do you think you'll need? there's no point in adding a 3TB HDD if you'll never fill it.
Do you need a display to go with your new build? how about other accessories?
Will you also be using your PC on workstation tasks such as media encoding, 3D modelling, image editing?

Regarding your suggestions, the Cooler Master HAF 932 is a very good case, but a bit on the expensive side (depends on your budget).
Here are some alternatives:
- you might like this one.
- this one
- or this one
It all depends if you demand excellent cooling or quiet computing.

The i7 2600 is a powerful CPU, but expensive and not exactly the best one Intel has.
Depending on your budget, you might want a Sandy Bridge-E CPU (supports quad-channel RAM) which will offer the best performance you can get or a Sandy Bridge i5 2500K which offers the best bang for the buck atm.

We TechSpotters know quite a bit about GPUs and will help you choose the one that suits your needs. :grinthumb
But we really need to know your budget.

This is a very good and comprehensive up-to-date guide to assembling a modern PC.

PS: TechSpot's buying guide is an excellent read as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/making-a-computer-for-the-first-time-need-some-tips.175556/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey everyone As you may see I m fairly new here having discovered this site not even a week ago when I started reading up lots and lots of articles and reviews on the current hardware available to build me a solid High-End system that would suit my needs So own system assembling time First my now that I have decided upon the following parts I d be thankful to know if may have missed something important or if there s anything that seems like an utter waste of money Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth Z CPU Intel i - k Graphics Gainward GTX Phantom GB First time assembling my own system If I d anywhere like to have an extra edge it d be the graphics card Additionally I chose the GB model because I do quite some photoshopping video editing and d modelling mapping plus I d like this card to be able to keep up with games for at least - years Memory G Skill DDR MHz x GB Storage OCZ Vertex GB I d like a good SSD to keep my OS and all my programs on GB because on my current PC even the GB partition can t hold all my Steam games and the heavy programs that I have also I intend to have a virtual machine running some time as well so there s no way a GB drive would be enough Storage Seagate Barracuda TB SATA rpm Case CoolerMaster Storm Trooper Power Unit Corsair TX V W Haven t really decided on the optical drive yet will probably go with the one from my current PC at first and get a good one later So if there s any tips or recommendations you could make I d be very thankful to hear them nbsp

A:First time assembling my own system

I think this will be an excellent system. What HSF will you be using? Hopefully not the retail one with the rest of the machine being so top-notch. It might also be worth going with a pair of 8GB DIMMs instead of 4x4. It should be fairly close in price but give you a better upgrade path in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-assembling-my-own-system.182486/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi I posted a thread in quot viruses malwar quot After running a some all coming at slow, not running freezing, Computer up games check on the computer they saw nothing malicious suggested it is a hardware problem and suggested I post something here When I restarted my computer the other day Windows loaded normally boot time was seconds However when I clicked on the icon for Google Chrome nothing happened I tried others and the same thing I was sitting there thinking I may have picked up a virus and Google Chrome opened I discovered that it just took awhile for the programs to open so I updated and ran SE and MWB then did a disc cleanup The computer was fine The next evening I turned the computer on and the same thing happened So I repeated the process Since then the programs are sluggish to open and some of the games I play won t open at all I have Windows and have only had the computer since Sept Oct of I am not great with computers but have cleaned a computer in the past through TechSpot so I can follow instructions Any ideas nbsp

A:Computer running slow, freezing, some games not coming up at all

well the first step is making sure you dont have a ton of programs running in the system tray (next to the clock.).
If you could click the windows button, right click computer, click properties, and tell us what is written down in system, it would give us a better idea of the caliber of PC we are talking about here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-running-slow-freezing-some-games-not-coming-up-at-all.182116/
Relevancy 28.81%

As the title says, my mouse stops working for a couple of seconds and then starts working perfectly again. It mainly happens when I am playing BF3, the game freezes for a second, then I hear the usb-removal sound Windows makes and the game unfreezes but the mouse is dead, then game freezes again for a second and mouse starts working. During the moment mouse is dead all other USB connected things works, only mouse that dies.
It has happened a few times before when im not in any game.

Why is this happening? I have never had any problem with this before.
I have tried putting my mouse a different USB port and it helped for a day or two and then it happened again.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
i5 2500k
GTX 580 Twin Frozr II
8GB RAM

A:Mouse randomly dies for a couple of seconds

I have had this same problem a few months ago. Although it happened with my mouse and keyboard simultaneously. My main harddrive was going bad. I replaced it and have not had the problem since. It was rather confusing at first as I had never seen these symptoms before from a bad harddrive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-randomly-dies-for-a-couple-of-seconds.181873/
Relevancy 21.5%

I just finished building my new New boot priority first SSD and build: time Ivy Bridge system and it booted up fine The motherboard is a Gigabyte Z X-UD H I have installed a New build: first time SSD and boot priority Samsung SSD in SATA Port and a Samsung HDD is SATA Port In addition I have installed an Asus DVD drive The Bios recognizes all three drives in the System ATA - Port Information Serial ATA section of New build: first time SSD and boot priority the BIOS BUT in the Boot Options Priorities it recognizes only the Samsung as priority and the Asus DVD as Priority The Samsung hard drive is not listed If I am reading both the manual and other information correctly the Boot Option Priority section will only recognize the primary hard drive In this case it would be my SSD Am I correct and I can go ahead and load Windows or am I missing something Also I am assuming at this point that Windows will assign the SSD as the C drive Will I need to manually assign another letter for the hard drive Thanks nbsp

A:New build: first time SSD and boot priority

That is setting the boot priority for each type. You will need to set values for the specific boot types.

mb_manual_ga-z77x-ud3h_e.pdf

Hard Drive/CD/DVD ROM Drive/Floppy Drive/Network Device BBS Priorities

Specifies the boot order for a specific device type, such as hard drives, optical drives, floppy disk drives,
and devices that support Boot from LAN function, etc. Press <Enter> on this item to enter the submenu that
presents the devices of the same type that are connected. This item is present only if at least one device
for this type is installed.Click to expand...

If you look under the Hard Drive listing, you should see both HDD and SSD. Select which one you want to boot. The one you select should show in the priority list for booting to HDD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-first-time-ssd-and-boot-priority.181225/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey guys, im building my new computer and im wondering what is the best 120gb and 60gb ssd today, i look in the ocz vertex 3 and i liked him.What u think?And what u think is the best 500gb hdd sata 6gb

A:New storage hardware

OCZ makes some really great SSDs. I just installed a OCZ RevoDrive PCIe SSD, it friggin' screams!! http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-revodrive-x2-pci-express-ssd.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-storage-hardware.180515/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi im buying a new mobo , a x79 prob a saberthooth or a rampage formula, I want to know if either of this mobos have wireless or I need to buy a wireless card? if I need to buy do u recomend some?
thx for the help

A:Wireless hardware

I, personally, wouldn't buy a motherboard with built-in wireless. Prefer to have a separate card for upgrade purposes. To answer your question on recommended card, depends on what router you have - G, N, dual-band? If dual band, 300+300, 300+450 or 450+450?

I, typically, trust Linksys hardware, but lately had some good luck with Netgear USB network adapters.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-hardware.180534/