Windows Support Forum

Freezing for 30-90 seconds at a time, new hardware

Q: Freezing for 30-90 seconds at a time, new hardware

Alright so my problem is that my computer freezes It does this when under some load such as having multiple browsing windows open and doing something else such as Skype or Steam Now this doesn seconds time, new Freezing at 30-90 hardware for a t always happen Freezing for 30-90 seconds at a time, new hardware but it happens most often when I am also transferring data on my HDD downloading a game on Steam or moving something to a USB I have recently Freezing for 30-90 seconds at a time, new hardware purchases a k x GB Corsair Red low profile mhz RAM and an ASRock Z Pro mobo Now the issues that I am having are odd I will Freezing for 30-90 seconds at a time, new hardware give you a brief run down of the events preceding now Install new parts Change the bios setting to mhz instead of mhz ram Begin experiencing issues with the WiFi having limited connection for moments of time fixed by either waiting or instantly fixed by reconnecting to the network Install USB drivers from the ASRock website as well as instant boot Change hard drive settings in bios from IDE to AHCI and likewise in regedit Uninstall instant boot after realizing it s not what I expected Get an error from windows about the hibernation state being unavailable Update bios in hopes of remedying this error and WiFi issues Updated WiFi adapter via device manager seems to work but still occasionally lose connection Reinstalled USB after noticing the freezing previously mentioned whilst moving items to a USB Seems to fix the freezing however quickly learn that it is not due to the USB that I am freezing Ran Prime and memtests both not turning anything up Now somewhere among this after I updated the BIOS I had to go back and change the RAM timings again I enabled a setting called XMP because it had the correct timings which the settings at the time were not set to I currently have changed it to auto but this hasn t affected anything Now how can I fix this and if I need to run anything or test anything I m happy to oblige nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Freezing for 30-90 seconds at a time, new hardware

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 73.1%

Hey guys, im not 100% sure of my specs to be honest..

from what i could find theres as follows.
nvidia gforce gts 250
running windows xp professional
processor: pentium(r) dual-core cpu e5200 @ 2.50ghz (2cpus)
memory: 2046mb ram
total virtual memory :2.00gb / available virtual memroy :1.96gb
2.50 GHz, 2.00 gb of RAM

not too sure what im talking about.. i did take a video of how it freezes and what happens if thats more usefull to try figure out what needs updating or to be bought.

any help guys id really appreciate it been annoyed with this for some time especially playing computer games and what not, thats alot!!

Daniel

A:Help please! computer freezing 2-10 seconds at a time :(

A computer that freezes is usually caused by overheating or a failing Power Supply Unit. Turn off the computer and take the side off and blow out all fans with a can of compressed air. Look at the label for the PSU and report the Make, Model and Wattage. Start the computer up and make sure all fans are spinning.
Also try a Clean Boot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-please-computer-freezing-2-10-seconds-at-a-time-658788.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Ever since I have upgraded to Windows 7 on my computer, I have had problems with it freezing constantly! Its not a complete freeze, but it will freeze for an average of 30 seconds, every minute or so. This is really getting to be a pain in the you know what! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Shawn

A:Windows freezing constantly for 30 seconds at a time! Frustrating!

Quote: Originally Posted by hockeyxshawn

Ever since I have upgraded to Windows 7 on my computer, I have had problems with it freezing constantly! Its not a complete freeze, but it will freeze for an average of 30 seconds, every minute or so. This is really getting to be a pain in the you know what! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Shawn

I think you have 1 program hoggng up the cpu. do a alt-control delete and see whats running and find the program thats using the cpu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/136246-windows-freezing-constantly-30-seconds-time-frustrating.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I have recently built my own PC but when im using it It constantly freezes for about - seconds then it works again but it Fault) for (Hardware short Computer time a Freezing keeps doing it and the Hard Drive light stays on during the Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault) freeze and when it starts flashing the computer starts Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault) working again Some people say I go too fast but I only run one program at a time Also it is a gaming computer so it should be able to cope can anyone tell me what is causing this to freeze Also It takes ages for something to install on the computer My system specs are P K Premium Motherbaord BFG GTX Graphics Card GB Reaper GB DDR RAM TB Spinpoint F Hard Drive W Coolermaster Power Supply Pioneer Blu-Ray Reader Drive Q GHz Porcessor Vista Ultimate -bit One of these is slowing my computer down badly but I dont know which one I have a feeling it could be the Hard Drive because of the Slow Installations and freezes and also the light being on when it does but im not sure nbsp

A:Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault)

Identical problem here.. hard drive light goes solid and pc just stops for 1 min, still able to move the mouse cursor but cannot slect anything or alt-tab etc. Any alt tab or double clicking is cached up and then all fired off at once when the minute freeze is up.

I'm pretty certain now it's down to my Asus P5K-E motherboard (which is what I assume the original poster has)

I'm looking towards M/Board now as I have swapped drives and changed CPU from Q6600 to Q8200 also switched from Vista 32bit to Win7 64bit and still get the issue.

I alleviated it for a while by switching my SATA 300 drive down to 150 mode by setting the jumpers.

Have flashed the P5K to the latest bios with no joy.

Full specs are..
Q8200 Quad
Asus P5K-E Wifi Premium
500GB Samsung SATA300
4GB Ram
lightscribe 20x DVDRW
Sony Bluray Drive (installed after problem had already appeared)
2 x ATI HD3870's in crossfire config.
Windows 7 64bit / WinXP dual boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing-for-a-short-time-hardware-fault.127246/
Relevancy 61.06%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FRK Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled For a few days now my Dell Inspiron has been lagging freezing every few minutes for a every 1-2 seconds for seconds 40-50 laptop freezing Dell couple of seconds It seems to be happening no matter what i m doing on the laptop - playing music playing a game and even when it s idle The whole system freezes and if there is audio playing it makes a strange buzzing noise Any video playing freezes and the mouse freezes too It is only for seconds at most and isn t effecting the running of the laptop it s more of an annoyance I ve run a full scan with Avast Dell laptop freezing every 40-50 seconds for 1-2 seconds and Malware Bytes Malware came up clean Avast found a few low level things that have been deleted or moved to the chest vault I ve also run ChkDsk which found a few errors and i m assuming fixed them I left it running over night as it Dell laptop freezing every 40-50 seconds for 1-2 seconds took a few hours to complete Any help or advice is hugely appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello forum.

I have a month-old Dell Inspiron N7010 Core i5 460M with 6 gigs of ram running on Windows 7. Until recently, it has been starting up in about 75 seconds. However, out of nowhere, it suddenly began starting up in between 2 and a half minutes to 3 minutes. I am completely baffled, and I do not know what is wrong. Could it have been something I installed, or is it something that is beyond my knowledge. The last things I downloaded before the problems started were Starcraft II, Need for Speed World, and Microsoft Security Essentials, but I doubt one of those is the source of problem. Much help is greatly appreciated. :)

A:Startup time from 75 seconds to 165 seconds. What is wrong?

Hi, welcome to TSF

Of the 3 new programs you've recently installed, Microsoft Security Essentials is the most likely to affect the boot time. Check its options to see if it's set to scan at startup, and post back with the startup list from msconfig.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/startup-time-from-75-seconds-to-165-seconds-what-is-wrong-572576.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello forum.

I have a month-old Dell Inspiron N7010 Core i5 460M with 6 gigs of ram running on Windows 7. Until recently, it has been starting up in about 75 seconds. However, out of nowhere, it suddenly began starting up in between 2 and a half minutes to 3 minutes. I am completely baffled, and I do not know what is wrong. Could it have been something I installed, or is it something that is beyond my knowledge. The last things I downloaded before the problems started were Starcraft II, Need for Speed World, and Microsoft Security Essentials, but I doubt one of those is the source of problem. Much help is greatly appreciated.

Check for Malware with a reliable & trusted malware detector and same with antivirus.

Make sure you don't have a load of unecessary stuff starting with Windows.

Run the Disk Defragmenter on the system drive (usually C)

If none of that makes any difference, you may have hidden malware so please post on the malware forum for expert advice:
http://forums.techguy.org/54-virus-other-malware-removal/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-time-from-75-seconds-to-165-seconds-what-is-wrong.995950/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello forum.

I have a month-old Dell Inspiron N7010 Core i5 460M with 6 gigs of ram running on Windows 7. Until recently, it has been starting up in about 75 seconds. However, out of nowhere, it suddenly began starting up in between 2 and a half minutes to 3 minutes. I am completely baffled, and I do not know what is wrong. Could it have been something I installed, or is it something that is beyond my knowledge. The last things I downloaded before the problems started were Starcraft II, Need for Speed World, and Microsoft Security Essentials, but I doubt one of those is the source of problem. Much help is greatly appreciated.

Run msconfig and uncheck everything on the startup tab except your anti-virus.

Then restart and let us know if the problem persists or goes away. If it goes away, the culprit is one of the items you unchecked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/162217-startup-time-75-seconds-165-seconds-what-wrong.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,

I have problem with my laptop.
From time to time the display dimmed for a few seconds and restore again.
It does not matter laptop runs on batterie or is plugged.

Can somebody give me an advise?

A:Satellite R630-144: From time to time display dimmed for a few seconds

Hi

Theoretically it could be only a software issue; for example display driver starts to do some strange things? in such case I would recommend updating or reinstalling the display driver to check if this could helps?

But it could be also an hardware problem; FL-inverter
FL inverter is a small part which controls the backlight so theoretically it could be also an FL inverter malfunction? but this is just my guess
This should be checked by an technician to get more info.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?62555-Satellite-R630-144-From-time-to-time-display-dimmed-for-a-few-seconds
Relevancy 52.89%

Heres whats happening Occasionally my computer will completely lock up for - seconds at a time During this time the audio stutters video is paused mouse is not movable its as if the whole computer is stuttering Once a - few freezes for Bad hardware? Vista randomly seconds its fit is over video will speed back up and then slow down to a normal pace Any and all keystrokes will come all at once and my mouse will be movable again Mechanically it sounds like a hard drive kicks back in and revs up with a little clunk at the point when things become usable again This seems to happen the most when watching video files but sometimes it will happen when the computer is opening up a new program or something even less taxing My first instinct says that there is a hard drive about ready to die or a PSU failure but my voltages are solid and the hard drives haven t been causing Vista freezes randomly for a few seconds - Bad hardware? me any obvious problems No events are logged when the stuttering happens On top of that I checked my CPU usage in the administrative tools and when the stutter occurs there is a gap in the graph Not just a jump a gap where there is no data Usually the CPU usage spikes right before hand but not always Finally yes my CPU is adequately cooled I have only experienced this problem in Vista and i noticed it as soon as vista was fully installed I know there are other people who have had this problem but I haven t found many insights as to what could be causing it or why I m only experiencing this in Vista Any ideas I m running Vista Ultimate -bit I have Athlon and GB of ram nbsp

A:Vista freezes randomly for a few seconds - Bad hardware?

Hi!
I have the same problem. It's like the hard drive spinns up for no reason and causes the freeze. And it's really annoying specially when i'm watching movies. It didn't happened when I was using Win XP with the same hardware, so I don't think it's a hard drive failure. It occurs only with vista... If You find a solution please post it. I will do the same.

Good Luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-freezes-randomly-for-a-few-seconds-bad-hardware.626650/
Relevancy 52.89%

Okay i ran prime95 on my new system and got a hardware error within like 3 seconds. I took a screenshot of the results to show you guys. I can NOT find that "stress.txt" file for the life of me. My rig is.. :

CPU: Intel Q6600 Quad ( G0 )
Board: EVGA nForce 680i SLI (p27 bios came with it, flashed to p30 for kentsfield core support, A1 Version)
Video Card: EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
Hard Drive: Seagate 500GB
PSU: OCZ 700 Watt GameXstreme
RAM: Corsair XMS2 PC-6400 800MHZ (4GB)
OS: Windows XP Home ( i know.. 4GB w/ xp Home, my mistake )

Anybody have ANY idea what peice of hardware it could be, my motherboard seems funky too me i think it might be that. Also where might i find the stress.txt file?

A:Prime95 Error Testing Hardware In 3 Seconds

Try it with 3gig of ram or less.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/prime95-error-testing-hardware-in-3-seconds.90862/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, hope someone can help, for some or other reason my pc keeps freezing every few seconds for a second or two.

My system spec is as follows, i7 960, 24gb ram, geforce gtx 465, corsair h60 cooling, x2 tb hdd, 1000 watt power supply, asus p6t motherboard, wireless network card. Running windows 7 ultimate.

The software i have is Win 7, office 2010, avast anti virus, and a couple of small apps.

I have tested all components and everything is working.

The computer would freeze while i am gaming, watching a movie etc, after a while it goes away for a minute or two but then starts all over again. If i reboot the pc, it sometimes sorts it out for a while but then it will start again.

I have formatted my pc a couple of times hoping it would be fixed, but alas it starts all over again.

A:My PC keeps freezing every few seconds for a second or two

You can try another power supply...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-keeps-freezing-every-few-seconds-for-a-second-or-two.166975/
Relevancy 52.03%

my computer keeps freezin every 10 seconds then stops then again every 10 seconds, and i dont know why

i checked task manager and was able to find out every 10 seconds this new thing shows up called mshchy.com and it dissapears right after the freezing is done which last for like less then a second.

i tried scanning and deleting the spyware but still it keeps coming.

i am using Windows Xp Professional, and also this is a pretty old pc

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance

A:Computer freezing up every 10 seconds...

HiJack This Log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 8:20:36 PM, on 3/20/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Photoshop.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\XcEpTiOnAL 1\My Documents\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://aimhome.netscape.com/aimhome.adp
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = http://aimhome.netscape.com/aimhome.adp
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 80.55.59.53:80
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B} - (no file)
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All by FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .pdf: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\nppdf32.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O18 - Protocol hijack: tv - {9E754710-6158-11D5-B6CE-0050DAAEA668}
O21 - SSODL: BearShare - {800373C3-C9CF-8396-6D6A-4A2147FC58EE} - C:\PROGRA~1\BEARSH~1\Installerbp.dll

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezing-up-every-10-seconds.343702/
Relevancy 52.03%

Anyone else got troubles with FF freezing while writing a reply?

I've no problems with IE.

I've run MSSSS.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled.

I've got the same problem whether wifi or wwan.

I've, using RevoUninstall Pro, uninstalled everything down to the essentials.

Anyone else encountered this?

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello. I have win8 for a few weeks now and recently, while using chrome (videos, games, facebook, mail) utorrent and nothing more, the computer freezes for some seconds, around 20 to 30, If I'm watching a video the sound keeps going and then has brakes but starts again. I dont know if it's any driver or any other issue. Can you please help?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/17821-help-win8-freezing-seconds.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I am using XP Pro and have applied all patches from MS as they are alerted via Windows Update My system keeps freezing for seconds at regular intervals in many of my then resumes Freezing for XP 5 seconds keeps and XP sessions It doesn t happen in every session but when it does it keeps happening every few minutes always for seconds and then resumes to normal Watching the task manager doesn t help because when it freezes it doesn t show which task has jumped to Even the caps lock doesn t respond After the freeze things go XP keeps Freezing for 5 seconds and then resumes back to normal I have tried closing every applicaiton XP keeps Freezing for 5 seconds and then resumes and end tasking nearly every process but it still happens which leads me to believe it is an OS problem not an application problem Any clues My hardware is fine because I have run heaps of other OSs on the same box for several years Machine is Gigabyte BX mainboard with P processor and MB of RAM and XP keeps Freezing for 5 seconds and then resumes GB Quantum Fireballl disk Thanks nbsp

A:XP keeps Freezing for 5 seconds and then resumes

If you are using AOL version 8. Get rid of it! It's no good for xp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-keeps-freezing-for-5-seconds-and-then-resumes.108199/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

My computer recently started freezing for 3-5 seconds at random times. For example, while i am typing this it is happening.

It will also freeze more frequently when I am playing games for the same amount of time. It never fully freezes, only for a short period of time.

I recently restored my computer with the restore disc thinking it could be a virus, but it still freezes even after all of that. Could this possibly be cause by a part inside of the computer being loose? I travel often and this computer could have easily been dropped by someone or banged against something.

I dont know if this means anything, but while it freezes i can still move the mouse cursor around, but everything else stops and i cant click anything.

Hope this is enough informaion

Thanks,

Sean

A:Windows 7 64-bit freezing for 3-5 seconds

Is this a laptop? What antivirus or cleaning programs are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-64-bit-freezing-for-3-5-seconds.176336/
Relevancy 52.03%

LOL WRONG FORUM SOMEONE MOVE THIS TO in Freezing chrome seconds 10 every especially THE RIGHT ONE What s up new to the forum so excuse my nubness I downloaded this like an idiot Zone Alarm caught it right before it sent me into an endless reboot Now Freezing every 10 seconds especially in chrome my computer keeps freezing every or so seconds sometimes longer http www google com url sa t amp source xGTztzkOnsSMAHijack Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS system AppleOSSMgr exeC WINDOWS system AppleTimeSrv exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files TVersity Media Server MediaServer exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system IRW exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSRMon exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Boot Camp KbdMgr exeC Program Files Access Denied XP ADXPSS exeC WINDOWS VMSnap exeC WINDOWS Domino exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files GetRight GetRight exeC Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility PMBCore SPUVolumeWatcher exeC WINDOWS Explorer exeC Documents and Settings Andy Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings Andy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Andy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Andy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Andy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Andy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Andy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Andy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Andy My Documents Downloads Bob exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch Freezing every 10 seconds especially in chrome search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Sof... Read more

A:Freezing every 10 seconds especially in chrome

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352228/freezing-every-10-seconds-especially-in-chrome/
Relevancy 52.03%

When I try to play an AVI file on my computer with VLC player it will play perfectly for a few seconds and then freeze. Here are the file's properties.

Stream 0
Codec: XVID
Language:
Type: Video
Resolution: 512 x 384
Frame Rate: 29.970000

Stream 1
Codec: mpga
Language:
Type: Audio
Channels: 2
Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
Bitrate: 149 kbs

Im using version 0.9.9 of VLC player, any ideas on why this is happening

A:Video freezing after few seconds

What are you system specs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-freezing-after-few-seconds.836960/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello My computer started freezing couple a days ago After - hours of work computer starts to freeze for seconds every minutes Then the intervals between freezing become smaller and smaller After freezing CPU usage jumps to and after second drops back few Computer for freezing seconds a to - I have GB ram Intel E CPU ASUS EAH graphics card Here is my HijackThis log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM Computer freezing for a few seconds on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost Computer freezing for a few seconds exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files LClock LClock exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files GIGABYTE P RCService P RCApp exe C Program Files NewSoft Presto PVR Monitor exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL OLAP bin msmdsrv exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL Reporting Services ReportServer bin ReportingServicesService exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn msftesql exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run LClock C Program Files LClock LClock exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run P RCApp C Program Files GIGABYTE P RCService P RCApp exe O - HKLM Run ChangeFilterMerit C Program Files NewSoft Presto PVR ChangeFilterMerit exe O - HKLM Run Presto PVR Monitor C Program Files NewSoft Presto PVR Monitor exe O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSPM quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run egui quot C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui ex... Read more

A:Computer freezing for a few seconds

this happens to me some times when either extracting achieve files or downloading files off the internet. the reason it does it on my computer is because nod32 is scanning the files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-freezing-for-a-few-seconds-406308.html
Relevancy 52.03%

hey everyone

when i play mp3's on winamp or windows media player, they play as normal and then after a while the song will freeze (like pause) for a few seconds then continue playing and be fine until it decides to do it again later in the song.

this is most annoying and i have no clue at to why this is happening because it never used to.
thanks in advance,

pedro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mp3s-freezing-for-a-few-seconds-while-playing.161567/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Everyone One of my brothers friends gave him a computer that he could have but it wasn t working properly My brother asked me to reformat it completely since it was probably filled with viruses and junk his friend had limewire on it Anyhoo the computer wouldn t boot at all the first time it did the countdown to start windows normally in safe mode etc but froze with seconds left Turned it off and back on and only get a black screen another time and I would get the countdown thing again but it would freeze before I can do anything I tried booting Computer within seconds freezing from a disk and it froze at that too I unplugged the HD and put it as a slave drive on a working PC and the drive shows up and I can access it fine I set it back to a master drive in the working PC reformatted it no problem The drive works perfect in the working computer I put the HD back into the quot broken quot computer it belongs to and now it freezes at a black screen with an underscore blinking in the top left If I go into BIOS it still freezes within seconds before I can even do anything I tried the working HD in this computer and it also freezes before the Windows XP screen even comes up So I don t think it s a hard drive problem It was a custom built PC a long time ago Nothing fancy on it - Windows XP MB Ram integrated graphics etc Any Ideas what is causing this to freeze up nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezing-within-seconds.1001575/
Relevancy 52.03%

I get a really annoying problem in only certain games where I freeze for 5-10 seconds at a time. I freeze in Swat 4, and Splinter cell chaos theory, yet I'm fine when I play Pacific Fighters, WWII Online, Rome Total War, Americas Army, and Empire Earth II.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/29/2005, 11:21:48
Machine name: WARD-HELHL6HV93
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-6593
BIOS: Version 1.00
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.5GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Page File: 234MB used, 2228MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

My video card is a Geforce4 Ti4600.

A:Random Freezing for 5-10 seconds.

same happens to me in Counterstrike...my choke has been going up a lot. When the compy comes " unfrozen" my ping is at 1000+ for a couple seconds, then back to normal. Sometimes it will happen every 5-10 seconds, and i reboot and the problem goes away for a little while...compy always freezes up when i am joining a game ( right before i pick which team i want on...). this has been happening for like 4 weeks now..i think some has to do with my ISP ( Time Warner - Roadrunner ), but the freezing i don't see how those could be related... I'll wait to see if someone replies to your post before i post any specs or anything big ...Dell Dimension 4600, on service pack 1 ( should i update to 2? ), 512mb RAM, Windows XP Home, and the standard ,and crappy, video/sound card on the compy...
i seem to be having problem with a trojan though ( as of a couple days ago...). i have run the nortan scan numerous times, AVG ( free scan) twice...probably a few more things i can't think of right now lol....any tips o nthat ? Nortan says it is in the taskmg.exe file ( in windows - system32 folder)...didn't sound like something i should just straight up delete, so i figured i might get some advice

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-freezing-for-5-10-seconds.357543/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello. I have win8 for a few weeks now and recently, while using chrome (videos, games, facebook, mail) utorrent and nothing more, the computer freezes for some seconds, around 20 to 30, If I'm watching a video the sound keeps going and then has brakes but starts again. I dont know if it's any driver or any other issue. Can you please help?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/17821-help-win8-freezing-seconds.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Problem: Random mouse/pc freezing for 2-3 seconds and flash freezing tabs on chrome or sounds crackling/pausing, and also can freeze mouse. Latest mouse freeze was on context menu of photo when i clicked properties.

I did: memtest 4 passes in 4 hours no errors, hot tester cpu stresed no errors, windows memory diagnostic passes 2 no errors, temperaures are ok, malwarebytes full scan, avast full scan nothing, hdtunes scan hdd no errors.

Configuration:
BIOSTAR Group A880G+ (CPU 1)
AMD Athlon II X2 260 Regor 45nm Technology
4,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 667MHz (9-9-9-24)
932GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 ATA Device (SATA)
E2442 ([email protected]) 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 (CardExpert Technology)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Help me please.

A:Mouse/PC freezing for few seconds

It would tell us a lot to know if running a boot disk like Linux Peppermint reproduces the problem while the OS is cut out of the loop. Peppermint3 - Create Live CD/DVD/USB To Use For Emergency Then unplug the HD and try it again.

Since you've tested hardware finish the other Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308040-mouse-pc-freezing-few-seconds.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I have recently just built me own computer, however sometimes when using it, it will be very slow and it will also freeze for about 20 seconds and then work again. Also when you put a disk in to install something it will take about 1 minute to autorun the disk. Does anyone know what could be causing this.
I have had my graphics card replaced, my RAM replaced and my Hard Drive replaced and still no luck, the only things I havnt have replaced are the Motherboard, CPU, PSU and Blu-Ray Drive.

These are my system specs:
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
ASUS P5K Premium Motherboard
BFG GTX280 1GB Graphics Card
OCZ Reaper RAM 8GB 1066
1000w PSU
Intel Q6600 CPU (Manufactured Overclocked)
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Hard Drive 1TB
Pioneer Blu-Ray Disc Drive

A:Computers Freezing for 20 seconds

Perhaps you should go back to basics and start over... no overclocking... 2 GB of RAM. Reset your system. See how it does, then if it works well, start over, keeping notes as you go.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computers-freezing-for-20-seconds.131509/
Relevancy 51.6%

For the past week my computer has been freezing up completely for anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes and then things will seem to be fine for a while. This continues to repeat. I've run chkdsk with no success and have used Symantec antivirus, spybot search and destroy, malwarebytes anti-malware, and ad-aware antivirus all of which have had no results.

I read through a few threads and downloaded Speccy. Results are at http://speccy.piriform.com/results/p...ZMzgIsqMnYKNLe

If anyone can provide any help it'd be much appreciated, I'm at a loss as to what I can do next and this is incredibly frustrating

A:Computer freezing for a few seconds, then fine for a while

Try emailing windows telling your problem. Personally I still think its a virus. Download Windows Security Essentials and see if it detects any problems

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezing-for-a-few-seconds-then-fine-for-a-while-658063.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My problem is that my computer keep lagging every few seconds the video entire display including mouse freezes and audio buzzes I can go for a while without anything going wrong on my computer but once it starts to lag it happens for about seconds on and off This happens almost randomly the freeze is about a half a second and happens one after the other I have looked at many different articles describing problems similar but all of them are talking about just a video lag or just an audio etc None of those solution have helped me At first I thought it might be my ram maybe it was faulty but i have switched the two gb sticks around and tested both so I know its not the ram So that leaves Processor Mobo and Graphics card I built this computer completely by myself and it was my first build I had a lot of issues building it and I could have messed something up I have warrantys on all three components so I can bring any of them in I just lagging/freezing every keeps few seconds. Computer dont want to waste my time or theirs by replacing something that doesnt have a problem Could anyone shed some light at all on what might be the problem

A:Computer keeps lagging/freezing every few seconds.

Well, the bad news is that it could be anything from the problems you mentioned to the PSU or OS files. Try the simple test first. Open an elevated command prompt (click start, type cmd in the search bar, right click on the entry that appears and select run as administrator. ) Provide admin permission and copy/paste sfc /scannow in the window and press enter. It will take just a few minutes. It will check system files and attempt to correct any that are wrong. Next test the ram with memtest86 for 7 passes (best to check overnight), the CPU is possible but not likely. You can test it with Prime95 watch that test very closely with a good temp monitorting program like core temp. You can use Furmark to test your GPU, watch the temps on that also. Also, please completely fill out your system specs. The computer listed in your system specs looks to be a laptop. I don't think that is the computer in question. It would help us to know the hardware you have. What size, brand of PSU do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/249590-computer-keeps-lagging-freezing-every-few-seconds.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I need help. I have searched everywhere and have tried several things but my XPS12 screen freezes for a short time (5 to 10 secs typically) every few minutes.
I have:
- upgraded my Cypress touchpad software to latest as per Dell (2.5.1.72)
- reinstalled my mouse software (running Windows 10 Microsoft mouse software)
- disabled the touchpad palm rejection
Nothing has worked. This problem began after a Microsoft auto update on Jan 29, 2016 (KB3124262).
System is
XPS 12 9Q23
Windows 10 64 bit - up to date with all auto-updates
Cypress trackpad

A:XPS12 9Q23 Freezing Up for few seconds

Hi Marjimbo, 
Thanks for writing to us. 
Have you observed if its the system that freezes or only the display? 
Can you run an audio file and observe if the file plays when the display freezes, we will have a clear picture whether its the machine or just the display that freezes. 
If its just the display, how about on an external monitor? 
Please check in safemode as well . 
Have you tried updating video drivers ??
Simultaneously you can uninstall the windows update article that is causing the trouble and observe. 

Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19675071
Relevancy 51.6%

It seems like every - seconds my cursor freezes in one spot for a split second then it s fine It s so 10 freezing every seconds cursor Mouse repetitive it s a nuisance and I can t finish Mouse cursor freezing every 10 seconds up work I have to do on the computer I m really not sure what it is switched USB ports three Mouse cursor freezing every 10 seconds different times USB laser mouse so I m clueless Here s my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http go compaq com Q CDT bl asp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http go compaq com Q CDT bl asp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF Justin tv Publisher - http www justin tv plugins justintv publisher CAB O - DPF A C - - D -BF - A CCE B TTestGenXInstallObject - http asp mathxl com wizmodules testgen installers TestGenXInstall cab O - DPF D B -A - B-A -BB A Pearson Installation Assistant - http asp mathxl com books Players PearsonInstallAsst cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - DPF E D - E B- D-A - E FC Pearson MathXL Player - http asp mathxl com books Players MathPlayer cab O - Service Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe O - Service avast iAVS Control Service aswUpdSv - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe O - Service avast Antivirus - A... Read more

A:Mouse cursor freezing every 10 seconds

I just now scanned with AdAware2008 and got these three objects to show up:

[1] MRU Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Recent Count: 163
[2] MRU Registry Key: S-1-5-21-1439374555-3195946299-1949402760-500\Software\Microsoft\Search Assistant\ACMru\5603 Count: 1
[3] MRU Registry Key: S-1-5-21-1439374555-3195946299-1949402760-500\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs Count: 19

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-freezing-every-10-seconds.741363/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey everyone A few days ago my computer started to quot freeze quot every few every few for seconds a few minutes computer freezing minutes for - seconds After every computer freezing every few minutes for a few seconds freeze things go back to normal for a few minutes Things I ve tried so computer freezing every few minutes for a few seconds far Spybot S amp D both in safe mode and on startup AVG antiviruse CCleaner I also read that it might be an overheating issue computer freezing every few minutes for a few seconds so I got something called Hmonitor - but according to that neither cpu nor mainboard goes beyond C which to my limited knowledge is ok My system AMD athalon X dual core ghz gb of ram Havn t installed any hardware in the past - weeks My hjt log is coming next - Any kind of help would be much appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data U U Launcher LaunchU exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Hmonitor hmonitor exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts mcafeesecurity com O - Hosts www mcafeesecurity com O - Hosts mcafeeb b com O - Hosts www mcafeeb b com O - Hosts grisoft cz O - Hosts sarc com O - Hosts www sarc com O - Hosts norman com O - Hosts www norman com O - Hosts trendmicro co jp O - Hosts www trendmicro co jp O - Hosts trendmicro-europe com O - Hosts www trendmicro-europe com O - Hosts ae trendmicro-europe com O - Hosts it trendmicro-europe com O - Hosts secunia com O - Hosts www secunia com O - Hosts winantivirus com O - Hosts www winantivirus com O - Hosts esafe com O - Hosts www esafe com O - Hosts europe f-secure com O - Hosts bhs com O - Hosts www bhs com O - Hosts datafellows com O - Hosts www datafellows com O - Hosts cheyenne com O - Hosts www cheyenne com O - Hosts ontrack com O - Hosts www ontrack com O - Hosts sands com O - Hosts www sands com O - Hosts icubed com O - Hosts www icubed com O - Hosts perantivirus com O - Hosts www perantivirus com O - Hosts virusalert nl O - Hosts www virusalert nl O - Hosts pagina nl O - Hosts www pagina nl O - Hosts antivirus pagina nl O - Hosts castlecops com O - Hosts www castlecops com O - Hosts vaksin com O - Ho... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezing-every-few-minutes-for-a-few-seconds.858847/
Relevancy 51.6%

The other day while playing League of Legends my game froze The screen froze on a still shot of what freezing of after play... 30 seconds Game PC HELP!! i was seeing PC Game freezing after 30 seconds of play... HELP!! at the time and there were red and green pixels outlining some objects on the screen The music in the game also was messed up It sounded like a cd skipping and replaying the same seconds of music When this happened i couldnt force quit or anything and had to manually restart the computer Ever since this happening for the first time it goes on after i start playing a game I can play for about seconds and then this happens PC Game freezing after 30 seconds of play... HELP!! Only while gaming though I have Nvidia control panel on my computer so i know that my Bios and Graphics card is updated with the newest drivers Also no new parts have been added lately nor have i had drivers updated in the last month or so One other odd thing i have noticed is that while gaming i dont hear my GPU fan kick into higher speeds anymore Its still running but never at a higher speed as the card temp goes up At idle speeds the card temp is around c and i can never get a game to run long enough without freezing to check the temp of the card once im gaming Im wondering if there are any tests i can run on the ram to make sure it is still running correctly Or on the GPU without buying another card the seeing if that works Any help is greatly appreciated Vista bit Intel Core Duo E Dual-Core Processor GHz gigs ddr Geforce Nvidia GT nbsp

A:PC Game freezing after 30 seconds of play... HELP!!

Hi, Welcome to Tech Support Guy.

Hmmm, The first problem sounds like you're have artifacts. Correct me if I'm wrong.
As your having problems with fan, I suggest download a program called "MSI afterburner" http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

Does it happen to other games as well besides League of Legends?

Try to bump the speed at around 70% and see if you seeing crashes. If not then I would probably its the temperature.
Another option is if it doesn't work, download the program "driver sweeper" to remove nvidia drivers( do it on safe mode).
Then try to reinstall the drivers.
Hope it helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-game-freezing-after-30-seconds-of-play-help.958424/
Relevancy 51.6%

Been having this problem since internet so freezing or seconds about every minute for 10 Wednesday and cannot figure it out any help would be greatly appreciated as I go back to work this Wednesday internet freezing for about 10 seconds every minute or so and it becomes impossible to do Backstory I left my computer on overnight on Tuesday there was a windows update and when i woke up my computer had already restarted When i went to use it every usb hardware connected to my computer was not working mouse keyboard headset wifi dongle etc So I pressed the restart button Upon restarting it hung on the windows logo for minutes with no sign of moving so i held the power button until it turned off Turned it back on hung on windows logo for minutes but then turned on Everything was slow but working apart from my internet What happens For about seconds every minute or so it is a repeated pattern my internet will freeze causing freezes in games my work to close and general annoyance I ran a ping google co uk -t string in CMD and this is what happens same amount of pings between freezes http imgur com ZkHfsB if image embed doesnt work What i've triedI've used the ipconfig release renew flushdns options with no success I checked to see if the problem was to do with router but only my computer is having the problem Odd thingWhat i've noticed is if i'm in a skype call the internet is perfect not a single freeze but as soon as the skype call ends it goes back to the above This is really frustrating and the only thing i can think of is to reinstall Windows done this about times so far this year so its getting rather annoying Thanks for any help you can give

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629646/internet-freezing-for-about-10-seconds-every-minute-or-so/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue or software issue.

I have a PC which freezes completely (including print jobs) every minute or so for about 20 seconds.

Anti virus/spy ware removal software has been run as well as Windows updates and the problem is still happening.

Operating system is Windows XP with latest Service packs etc.

The problem still occurs when no applications are running.

Any ideas?

Thank you!!!

A:Syetem freezing every Minute for about 20 seconds

Crashes/freezes could be due to several reasons, including hardware issues. Does it run ok in safe mode?
Check these:
1. Overheating(Open the case and check to see how much dust has collected inside it, and if there is a lot of dust get a can of compressed air and blow the dust out and clean out all dust bunnies, etc. on the heatsink/;fan combo,etc.; and be sure all the fans are spinning and properly functioning )

2. Poor power supply (weak power supply or noisey / dirty electricity)

3. Bad driver or drivers not updated, or a device conflict. Pull the connectors and push them back on. Reseat all of the cards.

4. Not enough memory or bad Ram. Missmatched ram or a bad stick of ram will cause this also. (Run Memtest86: = http://www.memtest.org and
FREE RAM Diagnostic Tool. - CST Inc.s DOS based DocMemory = http://bucarotechelp.com/computers/default.asp .
You might need to add more Ram.

5. Could be IRQ conflict

6. Perhaps the CMOS battery on the motherboard is going bad and needs to be replaced. Check it to be sure.
Also check your pc clock's time and daye, to be sure it is set correctly.

7. Hard drive could be failing.

8 Right click desktop/properties/screen saver/Power/Hibernate tab ,and make sure hibernation is not enabled, and cleann out your [L=Cache & Cookies & Temporary Internet Files and Folder: ]http://www.coloarts.state.co.us/cleanFiles.asp[/L]

9. Make sure you have updated all programs and hadrdware.

10. Motheboard short (loose screw, misplaced mounting standoff , etc.).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/syetem-freezing-every-minute-for-about-20-seconds.518470/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone Brand new to these forums because of a very nagging issue that has been inconsistent. Random Help! but for 3-5 seconds, freezing occurring only recently In a nutshell my entire computer randomly decides to lock up Meaning everything freezes - I can't use my mouse I can't alt ctrl del nothing I might be surfing the net on Firefox which is most of my computer usage or it could happen as I'm sitting looking at the desktop Usually these freezes will last for a maximum of about Random freezing for 3-5 seconds, but inconsistent. Help! five seconds or so and then everything is Random freezing for 3-5 seconds, but inconsistent. Help! fine again but sometimes the freeze doesn't disappear I am then forced to do a hard shutdown of my computer Now I could have the computer on for several hours spend about three hours actually in front of it and have two quot soft quot lockups meaning it bounces back to normal after a few seconds in that time Or it could go for hours without an issue It's extremely random is what I'm trying to say I already tried a memory test everything was A-OK and yesterday I ran a CHKDSK - everything's OK I made absolutely sure that my Random freezing for 3-5 seconds, but inconsistent. Help! graphics card driver was up to date - it is UPDATE I just checked my Event Viewer and it just updated with the chkdsk log - even though I ran it last night I have attached a screen cap maybe you can see something I missed I really don't know what this could possibly be otherwise Overheating potentially Never had an issue with it before I really hope you guys can help me out with this the absolute randomness of the issue is killing me Thanks sooooo much -Mike

A:Random freezing for 3-5 seconds, but inconsistent. Help!

Just a quick addition - I just tried shutting down the computer, and it just lingered. My monitor was black, as in it did not even have a visual connection. Yet I could definitely hear the hard drive working. I wonder if the freeze happened as it was shutting down. I was forced to do a hard shutdown in this case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310685-random-freezing-3-5-seconds-but-inconsistent-help.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys (and gals),
So the title really says it all. What I have tried to fix this (BTW I am running a triple monitor setup):

Restarting (obviously)
Running Chkdsk
Running Sfcscan now
Uninstalling and reinstalling CCC (AMD Catalyst Control Center)
Checking Task Manager for mysterious background tasks
Defragged

Thank you all for your help. I'm trying to get back into a decent game of CoD or LoL but currently it's unplayable.

A:Constant system freezing, every few seconds

Try a clean boot to help determine the cause
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
If you still have the problem when in clean boot, try to boot in safe mode. Get back to us to let us know if the problem is present in safe mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/360072-constant-system-freezing-every-few-seconds.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok so no matter what im doing a couple times a day the computer will freeze for like 10 seconds then go back to normal. I can still move my mouse around but sometimes ill be in a video game it will freeze then when it goes back to normal im dead. It gets really annoying.

A:My computer keeps freezing randomly for 10 seconds.

I have an external hard disk drive that tends to go to sleep whenever it's not being used. Once I start something that has to do with it, it starts spinning up and whatever I have open freezes for a few seconds, until the hard disk drive spins up. I can still move the mouse and all.

Hope you find this information helpful, and a possible reason why it happens.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/64357-my-computer-keeps-freezing-randomly-10-seconds.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Well recently about a week ago my mouse has just been randomly freezing every seconds - minutes for about - seconds each freeze This is really irritating considering that I develop a majority of programs in VB and C along with moderating several pretty big websites including my own I am not the only user of this computer My brother and uncle both use this computer although my brother is the one who tends to download various miscellaneous programs The only reason he can t be held accountable for anything though is simply because he s been out of state for the past week And all my uncle ever does is watch Naruto Nothing major has been downloaded in the last few days just a few programs from that website I moderate which I never even ran I just downloaded them so they could be analyzed for the possibility of freezing up seconds. Optical every few Mouse containing viruses They re all run in emulated environments of Optical Mouse freezing up every few seconds. course and not actually on my computer I mean occasionally I ll run a program in sandboxie but that s besides Optical Mouse freezing up every few seconds. the point To be more precise about how my mouse freezes Randomly about minutes into running my computer I ll be switching to a new tab in firefox or loading a website or something and my mouse will just freeze for about Optical Mouse freezing up every few seconds. seconds Normally if something happened like that I d just dismiss it like nothing had happened The only problem with this is that it s recurring So once it starts freezing it keeps going more frequently Like I ll be fine for about minutes my mouse will freeze for - seconds and it will keep going on repetitively every - seconds And it doesn t ever seem to stop until I close firefox and restart That s the other thing it only seems to happen when I have firefox running which makes me start to wonder if it s a problem with the browser and not actually my computer Although I don t necessarily have to be clicking on firefox or being in its browser to occur Also about minutes ago the sole reason I m posting this thread here now my mouse just froze all together and I was forced to restart my computer I did run some tests on it though while my mouse was frozen on screen See my mouse the actual hardware was still functioning fine The light was still on and it still got brighter when I moved it around Everything else was working too I checked task manager doing a lot of tabbing and all of the processes were fine and system idle processes was at a steady - The only thing shooting up sometimes was task manager but that s normal when I m running task manager looking through all of the processes My CPU usage was fine overall and my whole computer was functioning normally I chatted with a friend on xfire and I looked through a few open websites etc It was all fine except the mouse was frozen in its location So I just restarted the computer manually and everything was fine when I turned it back on I ran a quick mbam scan and it only came up with a few files There was some armadax crap that my brother installed a few months ago and I forgot it was even on there so I just removed it And then it found a dll that was used for a game updater that my friend created I removed it anyway I am also running a full scan at the moment and it says it detected things so far so I am getting a little anxious but it could very well be armadax again since I never restarted after the last scan Oh well I ll restart after this scan I m just hoping that somebody might be able to help with this issue It s very annoying trying to do anything productive when you re mouse acts up like that I m sure you could imagine it If anyone thinks they can help solve the problem I would greatly appreciate it Thanks Ethan

A:Optical Mouse freezing up every few seconds.

Tried a different mouse?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274855/optical-mouse-freezing-up-every-few-seconds/
Relevancy 51.6%

My screen is freezing every 3 seconds for 0.5-1 seconds all the time. This happens when i watch videos, scroll and play games. This is happening after a driver update. I uninstalled driver and got Microsoft Basic Driver and all seemed fine, not menitoning opening fullscreen apps bad performance etc. I cant revert to the original state because HP has updated to a new standard driver in June 2016. Also i can see in driver manager that i got 2 drivers for no reason. I uninstall one of them then i get Microsoft Basic Driver. I uninstall the other one the same thing. It's like they are supposed to be together.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/MY-SCREEN-IS-FREEZING-EVERY-3-SECONDS-FOR-NO-REASON/td-p/5664152
Relevancy 51.6%

System details Microsoft XP SP GHz AMD Athlon Dual-Core Processor GB RAM few freezing Computer seconds every five for a minutes ATI Radeon HD Series I have sxanned the computer with BitDefender MalwareBytes and done everything to try to find anything that is affecting my computer but have been unsuccessful It seems that every five minutes or so the computer freezes for about five seconds and then resumes This even happens when I am running no programs at all I Computer freezing every five minutes for a few seconds find that this seems to worsen if I run more programs and the longer that I stay on I am not sure this is a virus but I have no idea what else this could be I had installed BitDefender somewhat recently so I uninstalled this to see if this Computer freezing every five minutes for a few seconds could be causing the problem but I am stilll getting the same issue DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by user at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Linksys Linksys Wireless Manager LinksysWirelessManager exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Documents and Settings user Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www netflix com WiHome lnkctr mhWN amp lnkce sntWi BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun ehTray c windows ehome ehtray exe mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun GrooveMonitor quot c program files microsoft office office GrooveMonitor exe quot mRun Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot c program files malwarebytes' anti-malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscript mRun Linksys Wireless Manager quot c program files linksys linksys wireless manager LinksysWirelessManager exe quot cm min lcid mRun StartCCC quot c program files ati technologies ati ace core-static CLIStart exe quot MSRun StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup window lnk - c program files windows desktop search WindowsSearch exe IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c progra micros office ONBttnIE dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL Trusted Zone microsoft com www update DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF - hxxp go microsoft com fwlink linkid DPF A - FA- A - A -FC C D - hxxp support microsoft com mats DiagWebControl cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-F... Read more

A:Computer freezing every five minutes for a few seconds

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Also, please subscribe to this topic, so you are notified when someone replies. Please continue to check manually on occasion, as every now and then the email may be caught by your spam filter.To enable topic notifications you should do the following:Click on the My Controls link at the top of the page to enter your control panel.Scroll down to the Options category in the left hand side menu bar and click on the Email Settings link.Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Enable 'Email Notification' by default?.Set the If ticked, choose default type: menu option to Immediate Email Notification to have an email sent immediately when someone replied.Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283641/computer-freezing-every-five-minutes-for-a-few-seconds/
Relevancy 51.6%

The past couple of days I've had this problem. Everything freezes for a few seconds, can't move the mouse or do anything. The fans in my computer have been noisy recently, I don't know if it's the GPU or the CPU though. I assume that's something to do with the hot weather here at the moment?

I don't know where to begin really.

A:Random freezing for a few seconds, intermittent

That is an apt name for the hot weather mate.
First try reseating the RAM and card.

Now if you can run Speccy and let us know what the temps are Speccy - Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296874-random-freezing-few-seconds-intermittent.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone First of all I d like to admit one thing I m a newb I really don t know a lot about computers and therefore I d appreciate if you would be more specific than you are normally when you explain all these tecnichal things to me laugh Now to the problem My computer keeps freezing for a few seconds every once in a while It s not very often but about every - minute or so It s a problem when I m gaming though normal I tried running my avast Anti-virus Pro and it found something called quot Win Spyware-gen quot or something I moved it keeps Computer a freezing seconds frequently! for few quite to the Computer keeps freezing for a few seconds quite frequently! virus-chest and didn t expect anymore problems I m not sure about this but I think it might have helped a little I Computer keeps freezing for a few seconds quite frequently! m still having the problem though I think the problem occured when I tried to download something for a game I went Computer keeps freezing for a few seconds quite frequently! to FPSbanana and tried to download a skin for Counter Strike Source At this point I ve tried following Defragmenting Smart Defrag Running quot Advanced System Care quot - Deep Care Running quot Glary Utilities quot Running avast Found Win Spyware-gen and moved to virus-chest Going to Start - gt Control Panel - gt System and Maintenance - gt Device Manager and from here I right click on all the hardware and select quot Update driver quot Doing quot System Restore quot to the earliest date possible As said it might have helped a little but I don t think the problem is solved completely Do you guys have any advices smile Thank you in advance wave

A:Computer keeps freezing for a few seconds quite frequently!

Welcome aboard 1. Running "Advanced System Care 4" - Deep CareDon't.Registry cleaners/optimizers are not recommended for several reasons: Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.

The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.
Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.
Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.
Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.
The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results".Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.Ed Bott's Webog: Why I don't use registry cleanersDo I need a Registry Cleaner?=====================================================================Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList last 10 Event Viewer logList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' An... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413173/computer-keeps-freezing-for-a-few-seconds-quite-frequently/
Relevancy 51.6%

HELP It has just started a few hours ago and is constantly doing it every ten seconds it freezes and I loose control of everything it last only a second or two and then starts all over again Prior to this I lost ability to start Red Alert telling me quot administrator privileges quot and when I do it just doesn't start P S - heaps of administrative event errors and warning but I don't understand any of it Error PM Service Control Manager None Warning PM HttpEvent None Error PM Application Error Error PM NET Runtime None Warning PM HttpEvent None Error PM Service Control Manager None Warning PM HttpEvent None Error PM Application Error Error PM NET Runtime None Warning PM HttpEvent None Error PM Service Control Manager None Error PM Application Error Error PM NET Runtime None Warning PM HttpEvent None Warning PM HttpEvent None Error PM Service Control Manager None Error PM Application Error Warning PM HttpEvent None Warning PM HttpEvent None Error PM NET Runtime None

A:computer constantly freezing every ten seconds or so...

...and when I try to play a game it jumps me back out to the desktop.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70870-computer-constantly-freezing-every-ten-seconds-so.html
Relevancy 51.6%

So I recently have had the problem of my computers cpu spiking, I looked at some things and monitored the task manager/process explorer and saw that services.exe, Mcshield.exe, svchost.exe and sometimes even chrome, but this only started yesterday and I have had this computer for around 3 years now. Anything that would help me solve this problem would be greatly appreciated, because I am stumped.

A:CPU Spiking, causing freezing and choppy audio from time to time.

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting promp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571588/cpu-spiking-causing-freezing-and-choppy-audio-from-time-to-time/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have just run the restart time checker coz i'm seeing my sony vaio 6mth old pc getting slower and slower plus getting probs with start up from(fresh) and also shut down. My restart time is 258 seconds is this ok? i don't think so?? I Have run all sony diagnostics plus i have mcafee securty no bugs, virus etc; ALL SAY NO PROBLEMS however i see in event viewer performance/diagnostics that since day 1 (that is to say purchased date) there has been the same notices? slow shut down slow boot either warning or critical EVERY DAY So I either do nothing. Or do a complete system restore to factory settings; BUT I AM WORRIED that i might be over reacting to these event notices
P.S. i have also had my pc turn off and blue screens i am a novice but will greatly appreciate any advice/help
nana58 thank you all

A:restart time 258 seconds

You do have a problem. Its called Mcafee.
Mcafee is the biggest load of crap you can install on a computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/171921-restart-time-258-seconds.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hey guys,
My laptop's startup is something which embarrasses me all the time in front of others,
I have HP Pavilion 15 e-001ax Notebook,
Specs are:
AMD A10-5750m Processor, Quad core.
RAM 8GB,
HDD-1TB
OS- Windows 8 (Preinstalled), Now Windows 8.1 with updates.
It takes ages to start, Please see attached picture, startup of everything is disabled still BIOS time is very high. Even most of the Non-MS services are also disabled (I see them when I open "msinfo")
BIOS is also updated and Windows is fairly updated, (Updated 3 months ago).
Any Idea what's happening ?

A:I just can't believe !!!! 27 seconds of BIOS time ??

What part of the startup sequence is running long? Before or after you see the Windows logo on the screen?
If it is referring to the time spent in BIOS before Windows starts, no amount of tweaking around in Windows settings is going to help.
Look in your BIOS settings for things that might be slowing it down, such as extensive memory testing, long timeouts waiting on drives to spin up, etc.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/361524-i-just-cant-believe-27-seconds-bios-time.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys!

I am on Win XP and want to display seconds along with the time in the main task bar and that too withour the help of any additional software. Is it possible and if yes, how???

Thank you.

A:Time with seconds in Taskbar?

I Don't think this can be done without the help of Third-Party Apps.

Have look here
http://www.filedudes.com/Desktop_Tray_Clock-screenshot-42215.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/time-with-seconds-in-taskbar.614063/
Relevancy 51.17%

Computer is suddenly freezing from time to time and i need to restart to undo it dont know what is causing this. Thanks for looking into the .dmp file.

A:Computer suddenly freezing need to restart from time to time

It is a Stop 0x116.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {84f63318, 8e43e5bc, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+105bc )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Follow the guide: STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Start from updating the display driver.

Code:
lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
8e42e000 8e882000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Apr 24 16:20:20 2009 (49F1996C)
CheckSum: 00402D61
ImageSize: 00454000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
It is extremely old. Get the latest version from AMD Graphics Drivers & Software.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/261912-computer-suddenly-freezing-need-restart-time-time.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My specs are I k MSI g z mobo GB G Skill samsung evo SSD toshiba TB HDD EVGA GTX i have completely installed a clean win install and still have this freezing issue It happens after i login and after my bitdefender internet security loads fully i try to click on the desktop icons but Freezing but 30 seconds startup Random resumes after after they are frozen My mouse Random Freezing after startup but resumes after 30 seconds moves and i can click on the taskbar and startbutton and CRTL ALT DELETE as well It freezes Random Freezing after startup but resumes after 30 seconds the desktop icons for seconds max I have booted into safemode and it occurs there as well I have ran multiple malware and antivirus scans sfc scannow DISM Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth checked my event viewer for any errors ran chk dsk bcdedit set disabledynamictick yes i cant figure it out All drivers are up to date i disabled my lan adapter since i am using wifi Windows Random Freezing after startup but resumes after 30 seconds updates are updated defragged the harddrives and i been reading through forum after forum but i have not seen this exact problem before Also this is on stock BIOS no overclock i also monitored the cpu and memory usage during the time of freezing and it nothing out of the ordinary usage cpu is kept within and memory is at or less thanks Steve

A:Random Freezing after startup but resumes after 30 seconds

Hi sk808,

You certainly have done all the right things up to this point and your hardware looks quite capable so I cannot offer much else in the way of something you might have missed because your statement "I have booted into safemode and it occurs there as well" has me perplexed as well. However, you might want to check your event viewer for any warnings or errors that are time-coincident with your temporary freezing situation. One other thought might be that, if you are using a fast UEFI boot option (the one that claims a boot to desktop in about 1 second), this might be why those icons are unclickable for an extended period because the full boot process is not actually completed at the point the desktop becomes visible. Now, I don't know if you are aware of this event log, but there is one that identifies the true boot time (and shutdown time) as well. It is located here in the event logs:

Now in my particular case, my desktop is visible in about 9-10 seconds but my total boot time was 20 seconds for my last boot and during a portion of that extended boot time, my desktop icons are slow to respond (at times). So, I'm just trying to give you some food for thought as you continue your efforts. If you need me to do any compares for you, I'm here.

BTW, are you using that Samsung Magician software and do you have the option set to use a RAM drive (or whatever they call it)? Maybe that has something to do with your delay? The reason I'm asking is because I have the same drive and I have opted not to use that option.
Good luck to you.

SpringUpdate

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/45095-random-freezing-after-startup-but-resumes-after-30-seconds.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a machine running Windows XP Professional SP About every seconds the entire system locks up for about half a second If you move the mouse in a circle you can watch it freeze come loose freeze come loose etc It s a Dell Latitude laptop with MB RAM and plenty of free HD space service tag GNL J It s in a docking station but it freezes both in and out of the dock This is what I ve tried so far - Unplugging all peripherals optical mouse BlackBerry - BIOS is current - Disabled Indexing service and some other unnecessary services - Updated Video Sound Monitor and Modem drivers - Checked second for (Resolved) half every 2 Windows seconds freezing XP a the Event Viewer for Application and System Errors found nothing out of the ordinary - System Properties - gt Advanced - gt Performance Settings - gt changed system cache to (Resolved) Windows XP freezing every 2 seconds for half a second get more performance - DirectX update - Enabled boot logging see end of post - Turned off Hardware Acceleration in Display Adapter properties - Deleted pf in C windows prefetch - Ad-aware power scan or whatever the deeper scan is called and Spybot S amp D scan - Virus scan of course with Corporate Norton Antivirus - Disabled ALL startup items with Startup Control Panel - Run RegScrub XP and fixed all problems The freezing does NOT happen in Safe Mode Also when in regular mode if you hibernate and bring it back up the problem disappears Is this a driver problem It starts to do this even before you log onto the domain at the password prompt It seems like something is polling or scanning or searching every (Resolved) Windows XP freezing every 2 seconds for half a second seconds and locking up the system Any ideas Here s my boot log Thanks - Manuel Wanskasmith Service Pack Loaded driver WINDOWS system ntoskrnl exe Loaded driver WINDOWS system hal dll Loaded driver WINDOWS system KDCOM DLL Loaded driver WINDOWS system BOOTVID dll Loaded driver ACPI sys Loaded driver WINDOWS System DRIVERS WMILIB SYS Loaded driver pci sys Loaded driver isapnp sys Loaded driver compbatt sys Loaded driver WINDOWS System DRIVERS BATTC SYS Loaded driver intelide sys Loaded driver WINDOWS System DRIVERS PCIIDEX SYS Loaded driver pcmcia sys Loaded driver MountMgr sys Loaded driver ftdisk sys Loaded driver PartMgr sys Loaded driver VolSnap sys Loaded driver atapi sys Loaded driver disk sys Loaded driver WINDOWS System DRIVERS CLASSPNP SYS Loaded driver sr sys Loaded driver KSecDD sys Loaded driver Ntfs sys Loaded driver NDIS sys Loaded driver vvoice sys Loaded driver vpctcom sys Loaded driver vmodem sys Loaded driver Mup sys Loaded driver agp sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS processr sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS CmBatt sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS ati mtag sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS usbuhci sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS el xbc sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS el xnd sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS i prt sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS SynTP sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS mouclass sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS kbdclass sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS fdc sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS serial sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS serenum sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS parport sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System Drivers Imapi SYS Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS cdrom sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS redbook sys Loaded driver SystemRoot SYSTEM DRIVERS GEARAspiWDM sys Loaded driver SystemRoot system drivers ac intc sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS ptserial sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System Drivers Modem SYS Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS audstub sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS rasl tp sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS ndistapi sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS ndiswan sys Loaded driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS raspppoe sys Loaded dri... Read more

Relevancy 50.74%

Hey, I've had this computer for about 2 years. Has been great, all working fine. I Virus Scan once a week and use CCleaner. Before posting this I've just done this and it hasn't found a virus and nothing seems to be working out of order.

I have a Windows 7 64-Bit Computer.

For some reason everything freezes for 1-2 seconds and resumes. This is freakquently occuring and it happens every 10 seconds. Even just moving mouse across the screen. I can't seem to find the problem so I came here.

Note: I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm new here and it was the closest thing to maintainence.

Yours Sincerely,

Jackson112.

A:Computer Freezing every 3-4 Seconds - Read for more Info.

Jackson112

Lets run DDS

DOWNLOAD LINK DDS Download

Click on Download Now button

Double click the dds icon to run the tool.

Place a check next to attact.txt and click Start . When done, DDS will open two logs

DDS.txt

Attach.txt

Save two logs onto your desktop and upload them with your reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/287411-computer-freezing-every-3-4-seconds-read-more-info.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all! I am having a weird issue with my computer. My computer seems to randomly freeze when it is not in game. I recently installed some new ram and thought that was the problem so I checked it with memtest 86 (not memtest 86+ since it didn't work with my UEFI bios) overnight and when I woke up this morning there were no errors so I found that interesting. Next I checked the hard drive to make sure nothing on it was corrupt so I did a chkdsk /r and it is still happening after I did that too. Finally, I checked it with Malwarebytes then with Bitdefender Total Security to see if malware or a virus was causing the issue and nothing was found. If any of you could help me that would be awesome of you.

A:Computer randomly freezing for a couple seconds.

Have you tried to open up Task Manager and then select the performance tab and then click the button Resource Monitor and see if anything is eating up most of the CPU ?
Have you returned your CPU and GPU back to stock frequencies and voltages yet? Probably a Power Supply issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387666-computer-randomly-freezing-couple-seconds.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I've been having this problem for the last month or so where Vista will boot up and everything will be fine, but as I'm using it, whatever programs I'm using will stop responding for somewhere between a few seconds to up to 2-3 minutes. The mouse still moves, but nothing works until it decides to unfreeze again. Is this a common issue for Vista and more importantly, is there any way that it can be fixed? I used to be able to tolerate it, but now it's getting to be pretty aggravating.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-constantly-freezing-for-a-few-seconds-to-a-few-minutes-452840.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Could anyone check my hijack this log?The pc is freezing totaly after i run scan with ewido ...pc must be infected with some kind of **** again...could anyone check my log and see if /what its wrong? thanks
ps: by the way what is this file "CTEaxSpl.EXE/run" ?

Relevancy 50.74%

I don't know where exactly to ask this question. Apologies if it's in the wrong area.

I just discovered that my Windows 8 laptop shows the time to be almost 2 seconds ahead of my Windows 7 laptop regardless of what time server I have them sync with. Any ideas why they would be different from one another? Is there any way to fix this?

I ask because homegroup refuses to work on the W8 system, but is fine on the W7 system. The troubleshooter keeps telling me that all homegroup users must have sync'd clocks, but could a couple of seconds really render it unusable?

A:Win 8 Internet Time 1-2 seconds ahead of Win 7

Hi, have you tried changing the server the windows 7 machine is syncing from? Is that syncing from the internet? I know this sounds funny but have you tried restarting the machine and ensuring all the latest updates are installed? Sometimes the most simple things help a lot. Hope it works and let me know how you get on.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35855-win-8-internet-time-1-2-seconds-ahead-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit operating system on a Toshiba Satellite L655.

Yesterday afternoon I was using Chrome to browse the web, and I got a BSOD. The system automatically restarted, and then
1) I typed in my password
2) all of my desktop icons started to appear one by one on the desktop
3) after the last one appeared, I got BSOD again

this pattern keeps repeating.

I did a system restore back to 9/29. But I am getting the same behavior.

A zip file, per instructions, is attached. I am new to this forum and I did read (and attempt to follow) the posting guidelines.

Thanks so much for reading and for any assistance or advice you can offer.

A:BSOD every time a few seconds after startup

Welcome

Please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this:
Click on the Start
Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box
When it opens, go to File, Save
Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember
Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info
Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the .zip file here.

Fill in your system specs
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257377-bsod-every-time-few-seconds-after-startup.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi There I have a three year old laptop running Windows XP with GB RAM and a Hz Centrino Processor When I first bought it the laptop booted pretty speedily I could open IE in less than minutes Boot 5 seconds to time: 40 seconds This slowed a little bit over time but was still sub-one Boot time: 40 seconds to 5 minutes minute About half a year a go it suddenly slowed down loads and now takes minutes The times are Press on Windows screen with progress bar appears Windows welcome screen appears Desktop background appears Start bar appears Google Chrome opens The strangest bit is when the desktop background appears and the computer goes quiet for a few minutes no hard disk noise no cpu fan I ve used McAfee and AdAware to check its not malware virus based My other guess was SP was the culprit but unistalling it didn t seem to have an effect although it quickly reinstalled itself so maybe I didn t test this properly Any help you could give me to rectify this would be greatly appreciated Best wishes Ben nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hey...I got the retail version of CS and all of the sudden when I play it...My mouse will freeze all of the sudden and cause me to be vulnerable for seconds at a time...no pattern is in this...and its a pain...please help ME! email= <mailto:"[email protected]">here</a>
ICQ= 69000849

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-mouse-freezes-in-cs-for-seconds-at-a-time.38268/
Relevancy 50.74%

hi every one i time 200 long boot too seconds) (nearly use a hp pavilion laptop with gb ram and centrino ghz c d vista ultimate bit most of the times when i press power button when my laptop is switch off or say shut down the very quot first screen quot which shows hp logo too long boot time (nearly 200 seconds) intel logo and phoenix logo along with press del and press f options remains for too long and i mean too long i e nearly seconds but this problem occurs outta times and whenever this problem occurs cd rom icon from quot my computer quot window disappears and thus i cant use my cd dvd rom bt when on switching on the quot first screen quot shows for a fraction of a second then everything works fine and cd dvd rom appears in quot my computer quot window i thought that there might be some problem in my hdd so i did a factory reset i e recovery bt to my disappointment nothing went right the problem exists as it happened to be it is very irritating to sit in front of a black screen and do nothing for almost minutes is there a solution to my problem so can i get help from someone plz help me im really p with this problem thanks in advance

A:too long boot time (nearly 200 seconds)

Hello Narakputra,

You might check the items in these tutorials to see if they can help improve your computer's performance any.

Boot Up

and

Speed Up the Performance of Vista

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/225669-too-long-boot-time-nearly-200-seconds.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have some serious boot issue... most of the times it takes 2 mins to boot, and sometimes 7-12 seconds. i have no idea why. i have great system:
i7-920
12GB ram
hd 7970 x 2
Samsung SSD 840 Evo 250gb
3tb wd caviar black
1tb wd caviar black

A:Boot time from 10 seconds to 2 minutes.

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Make and model number of EVERYTHING found inside the PC? Motherboard, RAM, PSU, GPU, etc.

Please follow this here:

1. Download Temporary File Cleaner from here.

2. Make sure that you Save As... the file to your desktop.

3. Make sure to close out all opened programs! TFC will close all open program to run, be sure to safe any work!
4. Double Click on the TFC.exe file that is saved to your desktop.

5. Windows will ask to either Run or Cancel the program. Click on Run.

6. Once TFC has opened, click the Start button.

7. Allow TFC to run uninterrupted.

8. Your desktop icons and other programs may disappear during this process. That is normal.

9. After TFC has finished it should automatically reboot the PC.

10. If it does not reboot, reboot manually.

11. It is normal that after running TFC that the PC will be slower to boot for the first time.

12. Please report the RED number that is shown at the end of the test.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/boot-time-from-10-seconds-to-2-minutes-720633.html
Relevancy 50.74%

The Welcome screen for my system (see system specs at bottom of post) takes 20-30 seconds of loading time. I don't really understand it, because my system is a pretty good one. I have all drivers, and reported faulty drivers have been fixed (updated those too).

Its just really annoying and adds to the load time (boot takes less than 8 seconds, not bad but I'm always looking to improve). Perhaps there some setting that controls this, or a program that seems to make this take forever? Anyone know of anything I can do to improve this?

Relevancy 50.31%

For the past couple of days my computer has been freezing every time I open a new program or go to click on something. Using itunes is especially problematic because i will be listening to music and every thirty seconds the music will stop and continue, etc. I use Avast! free for protection and I have done every scan without them finding a virus, however they do get a couple of files they cannot scan and each time they are different files. I am not very tech savvy so I have no clue how to go about searching for the fix, however while searching through google i did find a lot of people had this problem with windows xp.

I own a Sony Vaio VPCEG32FX/W and have 142 GB used memory.
Programs i have installed are Photoshop CS5, Finale Notepad, Itunes, Last.fm, Firefox, Windows Live Messenger, The Sims 3, Avast!, Avidemux 2.5, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Winrar, and VLC mediaplayer

A:Computer freezing every couple of seconds and programs not responding

check your temperatures

you are using it on a hard flat surface

run malwarebytes

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezing-every-couple-of-seconds-and-programs-not-responding.1081202/
Relevancy 50.31%

For some reason, my computer:

Compaq Presario S6900NX
AMD Athalon 64 3200
160 GB 7200 RPM Ultra DMA Hard Drive
1 GB PC3200 DDR SDRAM memory
GeForce FX 5500 256 MB RAM

which ran EQ2 just fine for a couple years, has started freezing up for about 5 seconds every 5-10 minutes and then it jolts back into the game as if nothing happened. I have no idea why.

The other symtom is that the sound will continue to play while the screen freezes, and then right before it jolts back into the game, the music skips really fast like a skipping CD, and then it's all normal after it jolts back.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Mike

A:Everquest 2 Freezing for a few seconds and then jolting back to normal, off and on

A friend told me to replace my video card. But I don't want to buy a new card only to find out that this wasn't the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks so much!

Mike

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/everquest-2-freezing-for-a-few-seconds-and-then-jolting-back-to-normal-off-and-on.640717/
Relevancy 50.31%

To be more specific, it seems to just stutter. When I watch a video it will play a very slow, stuttery version of the dialogue that just happened. Same with music playing. But the mouse and screen are frozen.
When I start up my computer it doesn't happen yet but after a while (especially, it seems, with higher RAM use) it starts to happen more frequently and with shorter intervals.

Additional info:
I reinstalled Win7HPx64 about a month ago
I ran a disk check (I wasn't there to see the outcome but it didn't fix it_
I ran a memtest for two passes on both sticks of RAM
Running Process Explorer to investigate the problem but it still won't tell me specifically what makes the PC freeze.
I'm about to Decrap my PC. That probably won't fix anything but it's still necessary with all this VAIO bloatware.

What's my next step?

A:Windows 7 randomly freezes for 30 seconds at a time

I just had another freeze and checked Process Explorer again.
It seems that the biggest factor is a spike in CPU0, with about 25% "Interrupts"
I hope that helps narrow it down.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345008-windows-7-randomly-freezes-30-seconds-time.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all We have two computers here with the same hardware and software see below for details and on one of them the internal timing is incorrect by which can be observed in many different ways After synchronizing the local clock with an NTP server by the command incorrect seconds per (4 system off minute) time quot net time set quot and waiting for exactly one minute the local clock has advanced by seconds incorrect system time (4 seconds off per minute) after some longer period incorrect system time (4 seconds off per minute) of time incorrect system time (4 seconds off per minute) the clock is automatically synchronized again so in the long run the local clock is correct but constantly fluctuating The value reported by GetTickCount supposed to be milliseconds since system start increases by per minute The value reported by QueryPerformanceCounter divided by the timer frequency according to QueryPerformanceFrequency increases by per minute This is true both with and without the boot flag quot useplatformclock quot i e using HPET and the default clock source respectively The CPU clock frequency according to the registry HKEY LOCAL MACHINE HARDWARE DESCRIPTION System CentralProcessor MHz is MHz instead of MHz for all CPU cores The CPU clock frequency reported by the CPU-Z tool version is MHz Interestingly newer versions of CPU-Z up to which are aware of the clock multiplier report a frequency closer to the correct value but still not exact The bus speed reported by CPU-Z is MHz instead of MHz The peak frame rate of an external CameraLink camera connected to a Matrox frame grabber is reported by Matrox' IntelliCam tool as Hz instead of Hz The CMOS clock is correct as can be observed when watching the clock in the BIOS Setup even before booting the OS So there seems to be some very fundamental error in the time base from which the system derives many other time-related services which are all incorrect by the same factor Do you have any idea which hardware component and or system configuration entry is responsible for such behavior and how it can be fixed Thanks amp kind regards Markus P S Here are some system details Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit SP mainboard Supermicro H DCL dual AMD Opteron Processor GHz BIOS American Megatrends Inc Version I think these are the relevant components if you need more info for diagnosis please let me know

A:incorrect system time (4 seconds off per minute)

First of Please use this tool to update your profile specs for the comp that has the problem.

Second as far i can understand the CMOS RTC is losing voltage and based on bios version its almost 2 years old.

As the battery drains, output voltage drops somewhat. Lower battery voltage can impair the accuracy of the RTC. Most lithium coin cell batteries are rated at 3 V; however, actual readings on a new battery are usually higher. If your system clock seems inaccurate (it runs slow, for example like you mentioned above), check the voltage on the CMOS battery. The highest accuracy is obtained if the battery voltage is maintained at 3.0 V or higher. Lithium batteries normally maintain a fairly steady voltage until they are nearly fully discharged, whereupon the voltage quickly drops. If you check the battery voltage and find it is below 3.0 V, consider replacing the battery, even if it is before the intended replacement time

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/291132-incorrect-system-time-4-seconds-off-per-minute.html
Relevancy 50.31%

hi, all of most of my videos in WMP have a 0 second time frame on them, i can play them, but i cant skip through the video which is annoying, if something happened and i need to move backwards or something

any idea on whats causeing this or how to fix it?

A:problem with time on videos being 0 seconds long in WMP

you may need different codecs than you have installed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-time-on-videos-being-0-seconds-long-in-wmp.703888/
Relevancy 50.31%

on a clean Windows 8.1 install, I boot from the ASUS splash screen to the desktop in 5 seconds

if I connect my external usb 3.0 3 TB WD My Book HDD, the boot akes 10 seconds

what gives?

how can I fix that?

A:connecting my USB HDD adds 5 seconds to boot time!

First check at which stage slowdown is, before of the Login or after.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/44897-connecting-my-usb-hdd-adds-5-seconds-boot-time.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have had windows 8.1 for quite some time now and never had any issues with my OS. Until recently, my OS disc use now shows 100% with writing speeds going up to 100mb/sec and average response times of my HD from 4000 to 8000ms...

Nothing has changed on my side and I have it at a repair shop right now. They said hardware is 100% fine and they are running a stress test on my PC but everything looks good so far. ANy ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-use-100-and-average-response-time-for-hd-up-to-8-seconds.1128590/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey guys,

I've noticed this in the last few days, but my internet seems to crash at the exact same time (29 past the hour) every hour. We've recently had a new modem in, and was working fine. I recently had a mass clearout of a lot of things in my PC (got rid of 500 gigs), so I'm wondering whether I may have deleted something which has caused this.
Wondering whether anyone knew why this is happening and what I can do to resolve.

Regards,
MorroW

Relevancy 50.31%

I have had windows 8.1 for quite some time now and never had any issues with my OS. Until recently, my OS disc use now shows 100% with writing speeds going up to 100mb/sec and average response times of my HD from 4000 to 8000ms...

Nothing has changed on my side and I have it at a repair shop right now. They said hardware is 100% fine and they are running a stress test on my PC but everything looks good so far. ANy ideas?

A:Disk use 100% and average response time almost 8 seconds

You could try opening the Resource Monitor. Go to the Disk tab, then put a checkmark next to the process using the most disk activity. Then check the window below to see what it is writing or reading.

To be fair, you may see increased disk activity for short periods of time, but it should stop after a while unless something is driving it you may want to stop.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/49008-disk-use-100-average-response-time-almost-8-seconds.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I cant seem to find any keyloggers or spyware malware taht might be doing this below is my current HJT log There really aint that many BHO seconds time a long or more takes to close, 30 IE sometimes s on it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage IE takes a long time to close, sometimes 30 seconds or more Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files x Norton Utilities RMTray exe C Program Files x Curse CurseClient exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Users Gordy AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files x email protected email protected email protected C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files x Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files x Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files x Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Users Gordy AppData Roaming email protected FahCore exe C Program Files x Glary Utilities memdefrag exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www facebook com home php R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - A FAF - E- cf- - F A D - C Program Files x MyWebSearch bar bin MWSSRCAS DLL F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c hp support hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HP Health Check Scheduler c Program Fi... Read more

Relevancy 50.31%

The computer doesn't freeze permanently or crash rather it stalls for a second or two and then continues on normally It's been doing this since I got it around freezes for randomly a at seconds Computer time a month ago I have tried monitoring my computer using MSI Afterburner to see what happens whenever this occurs and it seems that the GPU and CPU drop to usage for the duration of the freeze If I'm playing a game which is usually when this occurs or at least when it's most noticeable an offline game will freeze video audio and inputs while an online game seems to only freeze the video letting the audio and inputs continue Computer freezes randomly for seconds at a time functioning Although it seems to occur randomly in that I can't seem Computer freezes randomly for seconds at a time to forcibly reproduce it I have noticed a bit of a trend It seems that every time its happens during a game the game is loading some sort of effect model texture ect mid-game as opposed to during a loading screen I have played these games on less powerful hardware with the same operating system and such things have never occured so I can assume that it isn't simply a problem with the games I play My computer specs if it matters Model MSI GL QF OS Windows Professional -bit GPU Nvidia GTX M CPU Intel Core i - HQ GHz RAM GB Sorry if this isn't the right forum to post this in

A:Computer freezes randomly for seconds at a time

- Install PcWintech's Cleanmem. Disable everything (for the time being) but make sure you to enable the system tray icon that shows the % of used memory. When you're playing a game then keep an eye on what this tray icon reports. I could imagine that memory usage is and remains very high during playing those games.
- If the % remains high then enable the Cleanmem features. This program reduces memory usage every 15 minutes.
- Your HD could be failing. Run GSmartControl and tell us how many pink/red lines show up in the attributes tab (except for "Temperature").
http://gsmartcontrol.sourceforge.net/home/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618627/computer-freezes-randomly-for-seconds-at-a-time/
Relevancy 50.31%

Whenever I start IE7 it crashes after a few seconds - and I'm talking about 2-5 seconds. This is something that happens every time, not just occasionally and without activity: I just open IE7 and leave the browser untouched and then it crashes.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall McAfee but it didn't help.
I have tried to install IE8 Beta 2 - it worked but then McAfee caused serious trouble.

My Firefox installation seems to work fine.

The trouble began after McAfee discovered some trojans in downloaded files and I asked for them to be removed.

Have anyone experienced such problems - and have a solution?

/Stoffersen

A:Internet Explorer 7 crashes after few seconds - every time!

I too am having the same problem thanks to McAfee . Sorry I'm of no help . Just wanted you to know you're not alone

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-7-crashes-after-few-seconds-every-time-327908.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I've got a customer that has a computer he just bought from Dell a couple months ago running Windows that will entirely freeze up for only a couple seconds then its fine if someone happens to be typing while culprit! 1-2 find freezing keyboard and for can't the Random mouse seconds, it freezes it'll Random keyboard and mouse freezing for 1-2 seconds, can't find the culprit! repeat the last letter you were pressing when you were typing before it froze and repeat it about - times So i've done a lot of crap to this computer upgraded all the drivers I could find for this brand of dell computer switched around to various USB ports done various scans of all sorts but I think the problem is a process taking up cpu for a couple seconds then going away because whenever there is a freeze I can see on the task manager quot performance graph quot that whenever there is a freeze there is a cpu spike I tried to use the task manager to find which process is using it but because it freezes while the CPU usage is that high it doesn't SHOW that process it shows what process is using the most CPU AFTER it freezes so I can never actually find the process that using CPU because it freezes the task manager for that period of time I need to find some sort of process graph that will show me what processes used the most cpu over a period of time and records it so I can go back and find it if anybody has seen something that works like that i'd appreciate the info Also if anyone has any other ideas on what might be causing the brief freezing i'm open to ideas Thanks for your time

A:Random keyboard and mouse freezing for 1-2 seconds, can't find the culprit!

There's a few advanced items for just that.

The first one is Process Explorer. No doubt as soon as you run this baby, you'll want to replace task manager with it (it has the option). It's essentially a very powerful version of the task manager, and details a considerable amount of anything going on in the PC. You wanna be looking at both CPU and Cswitch Delta columns. You may also double-click the graphs to bring a window displaying graphs for all performance monitoring. Get familiar with it, there's a lot more to gain from it.

Second item is Process Monitor. It's a capturing device for all registry, file and process operations. The resulting capture file can get big, so here's what you should do:

1. Close any and every program running you can, both background and foreground. The less running, the less activity in the capture file.

2. To test, since you said even typing stutters, try typing in notepad while it's stuttering. Note exact time of stutter right down to the second (open Windows clock).

When you've considered those two notes, open Process Monitor, it will start capturing immediately. Test with notepad and have it stutter a couple times (but at most 15 seconds of capturing). Stop capturing with the magnifying glass icon, then save to file (select "all events"). Compress (cuz it's gonna be beefy) into a zip/rar/7z/etc., and send it our way. Tell us the exact times of the stuttering so we can pinpoint any oddities during those time periods.

I can tell you more later if neither of these provide that answers you seek. There's other great performance monitoring tools to help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-keyboard-and-mouse-freezing-for-1-2-seconds-cant-find-the-culprit-564106.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys Been recently having problems with my new couple typing of intermitanttly Laptop freezing seconds. Distrupting every laptop Please bear with me since it is very difficult to type at the moment and this message will probably take me a good mins to type since i have to deletee random keys i type since it types of one or none at all of a letter while i type due to freezing I am not illiiterate and do Laptop freezing intermitanttly every couple of seconds. Distrupting typing know how to use keyboard haha Anyways I would really apprrrciate if someone could help me with this since its ffrying my mind at the moment Basically the problem is computer is randomly freezing every - seconds for a split second resulting in mmaking typing and gaming really annoying The laptop i have is http uk computers toshiba-europe t Satellite-Pro-L - P toshibaShop I really dont want to reformat my computer which is the only thing i can think of to do at tthis moment There isnt really much else i can give in terms of the problem i dont think my laptop is overheating since it isnt hot at all neeeaar the fan i have fully scanned for viruss with AVG and spybot and theyyyhavnt helped Im really stuck with what i can do Can someone please help Immm thinking tthere is something running in the background resulting in this freezing It is a new computer and was working fine when i got it so im guessing it isnt hardware rellated Thks Dann nbsp

A:Laptop freezing intermitanttly every couple of seconds. Distrupting typing

Are you on Windows 7
Download Advanced System Care Free
Press the Care Button (this does it all automatically)
Did it find and fix your problem.

If not, remove download MSE from Microsoft and remove all Norton or other AV on your system. Do a full scan with MSE.
Did it fix your problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezing-intermitanttly-every-couple-of-seconds-distrupting-typing.153613/
Relevancy 49.88%

I've looked all over for help but alas; nothing.

Put simply, I'm using a decent Lenovo B560 laptop, and when playing games or running programs linked to the hard drive disk, it freezes intermittently.

Not sure what's causing it, but the whirring of the disk drive can be heard for about 3 seconds, at which point it slows down, and then the game freezes until the hard drive starts whirring again. It doesn't seem to be able to keep itself running in order to keep playback fluid; it just keeps spinning long enough to power 3-4 seconds of playback.

Any ideas?

System is 7 64 bit, with Intel Core i5 CPU M480 @
2.67GHz
3GB RAM

A:Laptop hard drive runs for 3 seconds, stops, and causes freezing

Normally when a disk is making noise it's going to quiet soon. I would make a backup of what ever you want to save.
You can run a disk check up.
Computer and pick what drive you want to check and right click on it. Pick tools and check/disk. On my computers I do it the simple way. If a hard disk is making unusual noises I replace it. First save what you can before it quiets completely.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/212807-laptop-hard-drive-runs-3-seconds-stops-causes-freezing.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I've been having this problem since day one that I bought this computer. I decided to go with it and see how things went, but when I play games it can really happen at bad times and it's been hurting my game play a lot lately. I would like to fix it asap. I've done everything this guy has done, and I can't find another post or any more info about it after trying 50 times with different ways of wording it through Google

Random keyboard and mouse freezing for 1-2 seconds, can't find the culprit!

I didn't see his problem get resolved, so maybe there is no solution and it's a defect of some kind. The only difference of him and me is i have an HP instead of a dell. I've also done a full

A:Random keyboard and mouse freezing for 1-2 seconds, can't find the culprit!

I didn't finish my post, haha sorry. I meant to say I did also full roll back to the manufactured state/date through cd's and it still has this problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/random-keyboard-and-mouse-freezing-for-1-2-seconds-cant-find-the-culprit-634972.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I posted this on other forum with no luck yet and I m really desperate to find a solution I couldn t be more grateful if anyone helps me with this trouble You see the problem as the title states is dropped Desperate time. seconds, few mostly a for afternoon Internet that my internet connection will drop off for a few seconds and reconnect aftewards I Do a lot of online playing and thus I need a constant connection when I get this problem the game mostly kicks me away This has been happening Internet dropped for a few seconds, mostly afternoon time. Desperate for the past month at least Now here s some basic information I hope it helps -My house network is displayed as follows Street Wire with TV Internet - gt Splitters - gt Modem SB u - gt Router WRT G - gt Wired Connections to Win and WinXP systems Wireless connections to androids phones iPhone and Win Laptop -When this event occurs the connection drops off of EVERY device at same time and it reconnects at same time as well That would make me belive that the issue is router modem ISP based YET I ve ran diagnostics antivirus malwarebytes everything I came up with I made driver updates Microsoft updates everything you can imagine Yet so nothing changed and I didn t really expected to change anyway -Alas thinking the router might be the problem first I tried to check its firmware and or update it Since it was WRT G ver it didn t have any updates so i chose to flash it with DD-WRT Successfully flashed Problem persists -I tried different setups and builds tried to turn off wi fi or disconect PC s from it Yet it happened anyway confirming its not a PC or device issue -I called my ISP they sent a tech who said their side signal was OK and the only thing he could tell me was quot Your router is asking for many IP s mostly during afternoon quot but didn t said that as a problem really Other than that it was fine They told me to change my router -Then so I chose to but a TP-LINK n hoping it would be the end of my troubles Yet nothing changed Bought the damn thing installed it nothing happened problem persists - Called again ISP they told me they would made an speed test from their system They did they told me there was some packet loss in between and that they would eventually call me again because they quot elevated the issue to a tech department quot Yea things here are pretty lame actually I m sure they won t call me -I tried then again to locate the problem now between specific machines and the router modem Then so I tried a direct connection with a wired cable to my laptop and started checking if any connection at all had to do with the drop having my display as follows Street - gt Modem - gt Router - gt Wire JACK to my Laptop As soon as the connection dropped I switched the connection of my laptop directly into the modem thus surpassing the router at the time the connection droped I can t say it was a proof since the connection reconnected itself so quickly but I think that gave me a clue that the problem might ve been the modem router conection -Then I came up with the idea that the Modem router connection may be the problem I was dumb enough to not change the modem router wire while I was installing it So I changed the wire that connects the modem to the router for the one that came up in the router s box Connection seemed to stabilize at least for the day but then again I did this at night when connections do NOT tend to drop Prior to this I resetted the modem disconnect and reconnect everything out of it -Next day today I was able to play and surf the web mostly all day until - pm then the drops started again It dropped at least time during the time of writing this -Here I am still trying to work out this puzzle I do know how to access the router and the modem and I have some logs that I don t fully understand but could gently provide you Also I don t know if there are any outside programs that could help me like some device that could tell me what is making my connection get... Read more

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I was wondering if I could get some help with this I just built a new computer and it's been running decently up until I tried playing some video games on it When running games e g World of Warcraft my screen freezes up for one second followed by a black screen for screens, 3-5 Periodic a black time persists for at seconds a few more seconds After that the gameplay resumes but I'm sitting there wondering what just happened The sound is still intact the entire time Sometimes it Periodic black screens, persists for 3-5 seconds at a time occurs frequently and sometimes I can play for an hour or more at a time without Periodic black screens, persists for 3-5 seconds at a time any black screens I've been trying to Periodic black screens, persists for 3-5 seconds at a time figure out what has been triggering it i e exploring new territory in-game etc but haven't found anything conclusive I have a feeling it has to do with my video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX v but I'm not sure I checked for overheating problems with CoreTemp but found that the temperature was stable during gameplay Specifically right after the crashes I would check the temperature and see that it was average and unwavering Hope to hear from you soon thanks

A:Periodic black screens, persists for 3-5 seconds at a time

The first thing I would do is update the video card drivers. I suggest that you get them from World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies | NVIDIA. Hope it fixes your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278719-periodic-black-screens-persists-3-5-seconds-time.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Since about March I decided I wanted a new computer I went ahead and ordered seconds won't start time 30 about normally, after Solved: Computer off shuts each this pre-built computer from Newegg and it worked for a few months but it was pretty Solved: Computer won't start normally, shuts off after about 30 seconds each time slow when it came to new games I wanted something that I could play new games on and do decently well with So I decided I would over time replace all the parts I just got done doing an entire overhaul on my Solved: Computer won't start normally, shuts off after about 30 seconds each time system I bought everything brand new including a new case The only thing I didn t replace was the hard drive Here are my current specs AMD A - Llano GHz SAPPHIRE - SR Radeon HD CORSAIR Vengeance GB GIGABYTE GA-A -UD H FM AMD A Windows Home Premium Antec HCG- W ATX V Power Supply TB SATA-II Gb s RPM HDD I am pretty new to building and tinkering with computers So this has been a learning experience for me I installed everything and my computer seemed to start up fine I can get to the windows startup screens and select to start it up normally or go into startup repair But then the computer will just shut off My power supply seems to be working alright its spinning on the inside fine I m getting the LED at the front I don t think it s a problem with the power supply Every time I get the option to start windows normally and I hit it it will get to the beginning of it and I ll get a brief blue screen and the computer will shut off Whenever I try to use the startup repair it will begin repairing and then it will shut off Other times I can t even get into the menu before the computer shuts off I didn t wipe the hard drive before I put it in I ve read that if you don t do that and get a new motherboard sometimes it can cause problems I m wondering if I get a new hard drive will it fix this This is something I didn t know about beforehand My first time building a computer and all My friends think it might be a memory problem but I just purchased this memory a few weeks ago and I didn t have any issues with it in the previous setup This is also a new graphics card I ve never used it before just plugged it in when I got my new case and motherboard and everything hooked up Same with the processor But I THINK those are all working correctly I am able to plug in my monitor to my graphics card with HDMI and it seems to be working alright I would really appreciate some insight I am new to building computers and am not sure what is causing this nbsp

A:Solved: Computer won't start normally, shuts off after about 30 seconds each time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-wont-start-normally-shuts-off-after-about-30-seconds-each-time.1011841/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have configure Short time as HH:mm:ss tt to show seconds (and AM/PM just for the test) to modify the short time on the task bar,

the result, HH:mm tt

seconds do not want to come over ...

attached an image,

anyone knows, better without 3rd parties tools, to show the seconds ?

A:Short time doesn't show the seconds in the task-bar

Attachment 42643

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/45647-short-time-doesnt-show-seconds-task-bar.html
Relevancy 49.88%

When I press the power button, three lights including the power button blinks every five seconds and appears notihng on the screen.Spoiler (Highlight to read)   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/When-I-push-power-button-it-blinks-every-five-seconds-time/td-p/5619169
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi

Last day I was downloading some torrent file when it started. The videos started breaking up and even the cursor movements started becoming jerky. Generally such problems get rectified on restarting the computer but this time, nada. I store stuffs on an external HD connected through USB. I tried reinstalling VLC, defragmenting both the drives and a disk cleanup as well, total antivirus scan and even changing the usb ports, but no improvement. I wonder if it is a software/USB port/ external HD/ virus/ RAM or some other problem all together. Please help me out.

OS Windows XP Home SP 3
Intel Pentium M 1.70 GHz RAM 1.46 GB
Norton 360 antivirus.

A:Laptop freezing for seconds making jerky audio/video playbacks

Remove Norton 360 and see if the jerkyness stops. You may have a malware infection that Norton missed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezing-for-seconds-making-jerky-audio-video-playbacks.184248/
Relevancy 49.45%

When using Windows Explorer, a directory listing can show a number of different columns of course but it appears the default is Date Modified .. which is fine. However, it doesn't show "seconds". The same appears to be the case for the command line output for "dir".
The only solution I've found so far is to put the directory path in Google Chrome - which is a bit of a pain but it does work. So the information *is there*.

How to get Windows Explorer to display the time with seconds?

A:Display file date modified time including seconds.

Try this:

Control Panel> Region and Language> Additional Settings> Date tab

Change the dddd setting to ddd manually

Apply and OK your way out

See if that works, if not, see if this helps

Change File Date TimeStamp From File Properties In Windows

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/339961-display-file-date-modified-time-including-seconds.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, before I start I'd like to thank all of you and say that I'm running a windows 7 64bit system.

Before I installed the drivers for my printer, an HP laser jet CP1025nw, my laptop's shutdown time skyrocketed from being 10 seconds usually, to over 30 seconds!

Is this a known issue? Is there a way to track down exactly which process is dragging out the shutdown so I can uninstall/stop/speed it up? I've tried uninstalling it, and it still stays at 30 seconds, but either way I still need this installed so I can print from this computer. (I really have no other choice)

The first time I installed it from the disc, but the second time I got the more up-to date driver from the HP website, still no change

I really appreciate this guy, you're life savers.

A:After installing printer drivers, shutdown time drags on to 30 seconds

It likely installed a handful of services that you mostly don't need. Go into msconfig>Startup and google each one to turn off all but what you absolutely need. If you dont' need to scan from your desktop then you probably don't need any - certainly not the updater and ink level sales app.

If this continues to hang your shutdown, check the Performance Log to see if it identifies what exactly is hanging. Here are troubleshooting fundamentals: Computer lags every couple seconds

You may need to advance to the tool used by the pros to trace these issues: Trace Windows 7 boot/shutdown/hibernate/standby/resume issues - MSFN

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/143189-after-installing-printer-drivers-shutdown-time-drags-30-seconds.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I (~90 delay time Play Plug - Slow boot seconds) and have recently installed Windows over Windows I didn't really like it and I have a boot-time problem now Windows always gets stuck on quot Starting Windows quot screen and it takes up to seconds to load the login screen I looked it up in the event viewer and found out that there is a delay of seconds between two events on the list Information Service Control Manager None Information Kernel-Processor-Power The first one says The Plug and Play service entered the running state And the second one Processor in group exposes the following idle state s performance state s throttle state s detailed info at the end All the drivers are from the original CD Website and are up-to-date I Slow boot time (~90 seconds) - Plug and Play delay had no such problems when I was running Windows or any other operating system The laptop is Lenovo Z - --- AMD A GB RAM rpm GB GB SSHD and Dual-Graphics AMD Radeon R and M DETAILS Code Log Name System Source Service Control Manager Date Event ID Task Category None Level Information Keywords Classic User N A Computer Vladimir-PC Description The Plug and Play service entered the running state Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot d -a d - - e e- d f quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Vladimir-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Plug and Play lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt running lt Data gt lt Binary gt C C F lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power Date Event ID Task Category Level Information Keywords User SYSTEM Computer Vladimir-PC Description Processor in group exposes the following idle state s performance state s throttle state s Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power quot Guid quot F E F-FE - E F-B - F CC quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Vladimir-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot Group quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Number quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot IdleStateCount quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PerfStateCount quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ThrottleStateCount quot gt lt Data gt lt ComplexData Name quot IdleState quot gt lt ComplexData gt lt ComplexData Name quot PerfState quot gt C E DC E B F C lt ComplexData gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt What can be the problem

A:Slow boot time (~90 seconds) - Plug and Play delay

My computer give me >120 second in order for me to start using.

Startup usually may check and confirm many type of setting, etc.

For example, if you desktop is empty, it will take 10 second and you can start using.

All items on the desktop are to be verified as true, otherwise it may try to find the link.

When you insert any USB device into the USB port, the system usually take every 5 second to check if there is any change.
Hence, within 5 second, the USB device will be detected.
Then it have to check if that device did connected to USB port-2 before, it can be used immediately.
If it check as the device is never connected to the USB port-2, it then have to find the USB driver to install and saved, remembered.

Then again, for 90 seconds, it may not matter much, as just turn on the computer before, say, to take a bath first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/398835-slow-boot-time-90-seconds-plug-play-delay.html
Relevancy 48.59%

its not not workin at all when the antenna set to wireless client but it works for few seconds when i set it to repeater(after that few seconds it disconnect), and connect again when i change the IP of my PC . , and when i connect with the antenna with another device(PSP) (when its repeater ) (wifi) it connect and works fine,, but still doesn't work on ma PC. HELPP

before that it worked fine , but the setting in the antenna was (wireless client) , then i tried to make it (repeater) so i can connect with ma PSP to the internet , thats when the problem started . before that i worked fine but somtimes , somtimes it didn't work, I changed the ip too, then it works again, 4 more time,, not seconds like now

4 example when change th Ip , from 192.168.2.20 TO 192.168.2.32

i use XP and Windows firewall is OFF

A:Solved: Internet works every time i change the IP for seconds then it disconnect agai

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-works-every-time-i-change-the-ip-for-seconds-then-it-disconnect-agai.833526/
Relevancy 46.87%

Any ideas on next steps for diagnosing a nbsp Solutions Center hardware scan nbsp that always freezes on either discrete or NVidia nbsp graphics card or Motherboard It sticks at have to hard-power P70 freezing scans hardware cycle the laptop Fans are on at maximum while it's frozen it does this indefinitely unless power cycled nbsp nbsp I've also had it freeze on IRQ at Windows update running related to my other post seems to have allowed that test to resolve fine nbsp Perhaps related but in System nbsp Snapshot Motherboard info never gets populated I just see the spinning wheel of acquiring info happens indefinitely until switching to another tab P70 hardware scans freezing All other sections P70 hardware scans freezing populate fine nbsp EDIT latest BIOS latest version of Lenovo Solution Center I recall an earlier version of Solutions Center running through all tests fine when I got the laptop So it could either P70 hardware scans freezing be the newer version or hardware being broken The fact that fans are running full blast when the test is run nbsp is perhaps a clue to which nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P70-hardware-scans-freezing/td-p/3342859
Relevancy 46.87%

first i just built my computer, its built on a compaq d300 mother board and a 1000Mhz pent 3, im running windows 98SE but after seting it up it still can not find drivers for PCI System Manegment Bus and has an unknown device.
i dont know what to do with either because windows cant find the drivers and i cant find the drivers online anywhere either. also for no reason the system freezes and restarts itself. i dont have anymore ideas and im grateful for anymore help
thnx

A:freezing and hardware problems

You'll need to find the drivers at the Compaq site at the link below. Select "Software and Drivers" and enter the keyword "D300". There are a few different form factor versions of the D300 listed there. Select the correct one and download the Chipset support drivers ...

Let us know what happens ....
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHomeC?lc=en&cc=us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezing-and-hardware-problems.233638/
Relevancy 46.87%

I posted this in the security forums and there wasn t much success in finding a solution Moreover due to recent changes in the problem this thread is best / Freezing Hardware Failures suited here New problem to solve My computer s on the fritz When I boot it into Windows XP Professional Freezing / Hardware Failures I have about seconds after logging in before my computer freezes To prevent this I looked at Freezing / Hardware Failures the taskmanager and began disabling three all caps exe files that start that were unfamiliar to me I believed them to be a virus When I google d them all they appear to be programs that should be running One is a Creative executable and the others are monitor programs for an Epson Stylus printer I have access to on our network Only after I disable these does the machine work fine for a while It will still freeze up when I m working once and a while I ve run virus scans spyware and adware scans and there appears to be no malicious files Whenever the computer locks up of the time on a restart I ll get strange POST noises a repeated one second beep Usually turning off the machine and wiggling the RAM fixes this The RAM is all fairly new so I don t assume that to be the problem Just recently when it froze I got a very strange error just after the memory test Something about a CMOS error reverting back to defaults I hit F to continue Never seen this message until just now The computer seems to lock up when I m taxing it by playing an intense game or running several programs Any suggestions nbsp