Windows Support Forum

No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key

Q: No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key

My partner's laptop HP 0700 Notebook will not boot up and just comes up with the above message. We found an HP troubleshooting site which said to reset the BIOS default settings by pressing the Escp key, F10 followed by F9 to reset. Then it said to press the F2 System Diagnostics keys which tested the hard disk and all the tests came out OK. When we tried to restart it, it came up with the same message and we have noticed that before it comes up with this message it says in the bottom left-hand corner "Prepare boot to OS" and then comes up with the message in the heading. We have not bootable disk as the laptop already had everything installed.

Coupled with this my partner's virus protection is coming up with "Threat detected" every minute on practically every site my partner visits on the Internet. You will appreciate that we cannot run any virus checks as we cannot get into the computer.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Compused

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-and-press-any-key.201065/
Relevancy 106.02%

One day i started up my computer and out of no where it wouldnt boot up windows 7 all i get is "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key" I have no idea what happened i have a HP Notebook Gt60-600, i made a windows repair disk and booted that up. ran the startup repair test thing and it keeps saying theres an I/O device error.

I have a seagate HD 320gb, with Windows 7 home premium 32 bit

And tips and help would greatly be appreciated, i would like to fix it i dont wanna have to reinstall windows because i bought the computer with windows 7 on it and HP didnt give me a windows 7 install disk with the computer

A:No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

Quote: Originally Posted by tigersbaseball1

One day i started up my computer and out of no where it wouldnt boot up windows 7 all i get is "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key" I have no idea what happened i have a HP Notebook Gt60-600, i made a windows repair disk and booted that up. ran the startup repair test thing and it keeps saying theres an I/O device error.

I have a seagate HD 320gb, with Windows 7 home premium 32 bit

And tips and help would greatly be appreciated, i would like to fix it i dont wanna have to reinstall windows because i bought the computer with windows 7 on it and HP didnt give me a windows 7 install disk with the computer

Sounds a whole lot like HD failure. The I/O error is the clue. Can you pull the HD and try it in another computer to test?
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/115907-no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-press-any-key.html
Relevancy 106.02%

Plz HelpAfter Recovery from all my 5 disc my laptop eject tha last disc and start installing hp software.And then in middle of that i got messge "no bootable device insert boot disk and press any key "After that i have inserted all recovery cd one by one but its doing nothing.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-and-press-any-key/td-p/5718329
Relevancy 106.02%

quot No Bootable Device -- insert boot disk and press any key quot I get that error message on this laptop Model Compaq Presario CQ Windows Vista Home -bit That error happened two days ago I backed up my files did a system restore same issue I can use the OS though I have to boot it with Super Grub otherwise it wont start up it is not trying to boot from the network or anything else I ve -- any press boot No insert disk Device Bootable and key made sure it was trying to boot from HDD and still same issue The hard drive is not defected as it has the OS installed and I can log on to it and use the programs in the laptop I dont mind using Super Grub everytime I turn on my computer but it will get annoying in the future at the moment I am trying to use a repair using a windows vista repair cd its asking for my product key before it continues problem is the key is faded so we ll see if that works any help will be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-and-press-any-key.915641/
Relevancy 106.02%

Hello, I dropped my HP laptop and must have busted the hard drive which had Windows 7 on it. I placed a different hard drive in that was also compatable, but it has windows 8. The problem that is occurring is when I start it up, it says: "No bootable device --insert boot disk and press any key".

I do not have a boot disk. How do I get the laptop to work with this windows 8 hard drive, when the default factory settings have it as windows 7?

hard drive and memory test come bak OK.
(I do not have a boot disk, or know what that is)

Can someone please help me out here? Thank you!

A:No bootable device --insert boot disk and press any key

How was this Windows 8 disk created - BIOS or UEFI ??

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/311744-no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-press-any-key.html
Relevancy 106.02%

[personal information removed] (Hi...Can you help me? my hp says no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key...I try press ESC and click F2(System Diagnostics)...After I click Hard Disc Test...My hp  says Hard Disk Not Exist...What should I do to solve this problem? I hope You can help me..)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-says-no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-and-press-any/td-p/5637499
Relevancy 106.02%

No idea whats just happened it just decided not to work. 3 hrs ago it was fine now this message shows up:

for realtek rtl8101e/8102e pci-e ethernet controller v 1.05
pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable
pxe-mof exiting pxe rom
no bootable device--insert boot disk and press any key

A:No bootable device--insert boot disk and press any key

Make sure you have no other disks in their drives.

Can you get into BIOS setup? Is the date correct?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-and-press-any-key.833408/
Relevancy 106.02%

Hey everyone so I have a question -- boot bootable and key any insert No press disk device My laptop was working fine the last couple of days and then I think I Got a virus some how And now all it says when I turn it on is Intel No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key UNDI PXE- Build For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v Check cable Connection PXE-M F Exiting Intel PXE ROM No Bootable Device -- Insert boot disk and press any key And of course when I bought this laptop it didn't come with any disks And of course I didn't make a back up I regret that now And I have been researching forums and all over No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key the internet and I'm pretty sure that my HD malfunctioned And I just want to get a second opinion on this I will give the best information that I can About my system Don't know much on the top of my head other that Toshiba Satellite C D-S Running Windows GB That's all that I know about it without seeing the specs So here is what I did I tried setting the computer to factory settings I tried the hold down and tried holding down F They both did nothing except give me a silver screen I couldn't see my mouse or anything When I go into BIOS here is what I did I changed the Boot mode to CSM Boot Still didn't work I changed the loading to everything that I could HDD SDD TOSHIBA ODD MATSHITADVD LAN Atheros Boot Agent I changed those around to every possible combination and that still didn't work I can't start up safe mode I'm not sure what else to try other than purchasing a new HD Any thoughts Thanks in advanced EDIT If I have to buy a new HD would I be able to load up Windows from a USB drive Because my friend has Windows on his USB drive

Is the hard drive seen in the bios ?

Check to make sure it hasn`t become loose. ( the hard drive )

Don`t start making a bunch of changes or you`ll never figure it out, 1 step at a time.

It`s easiest to re install windows from a dvd, but try to get yours working before you go that route.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330310-no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-press-any-key.html
Relevancy 106.02%

I'm getting this message when I start up my laptop:

For Realtek RTL8101E/8102E PCI-E Ethernet Controller v1.05 (071227)
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

Also I have no disks or USB's connected.

Hiya, get into your BIOS and set your hdd as 1st boot in list,exit saving settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-and-press-any-key.937575/
Relevancy 106.02%

Replaced failed hard disk with new on my Compaq Presario CQ60-220US. Before determining failure of hard disk, I downloaded both the Vista Recovery Disk and Norton Recovery Disk from windows to CD. Neither are recognized as bootable. Upon accessing bios, I see correct info. re: date, time, and computer model, serial, no. etc. After insuring that BIOS boots from disk, am still given error "no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key."

I'm at a loss. Please help me. My desktop is older than old and takes forever and a day just to bring up a new page, much less research what could be wrong with my laptop.

Thanks!!

A:Another 'no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key'

are you sure you have a bootable CD
Try it in the desktop and see if it boots

I downloaded both the Vista Recovery Disk and Norton Recovery Disk from windows to CD.Click to expand...

where did you download from ?

i would make a bootable CD from somewhere like ultimateboot CD
http://www.ubcd4win.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-and-press-any-key.953063/
Relevancy 106.02%

When i turned on my pc i got this error. Why? I've disabled "Network boot" and i've tried to make a recovery disk and it boots the disc. The only problem is that my driver aren't listed? And i can't do anything else? Any suggestions? (By the way i use Win7.)

A:no bootable device insert boot disk and press any key?

Well first of all you need to give more information about your computer hardware ?
make and model of PC if custom build then list all specs including the power supply make and model

have you changed the boot priority to CD/DVD under BIOS?

Drivers are not listed? where after installing the operating system??
please explain more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-and-press-any-key-600290.html
Relevancy 106.02%

I'm having the topic error whenever i start my laptop, and i believe i know why, i just have no clue how to fix the damage i've done. I believe i've formatted my computers internal hard drive to a partition that the computer doesnt recognize. I was trying to format an ide hard drive to a format i can use for my ps2, but instead of disk 1 (the ide) i choose disk 0, the laptops hard drive, and now i get the error.

A:no bootable device, insert boot disk and press any key.

Disk 0 is your system drive and usually contains the boot files needed to start Windows. In this case, it sounds like you've wiped the drive by formatting it and all of the data on the drive is lost. I think you're looking at a re-install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/320770-no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-press-any-key.html
Relevancy 106.02%

Helo i own a pavillion dv OS windows vista RAM gb My problem started when i turned on my laptop it showed me to some options i selected startup repair a No bootable boot and any device,insert press key disk then eventually it did made some repairs then suddenly my norton anti virus detected a malicious threat i tried to solve it when i tried to shutdown my computer a blue screen appeared preventing me from turning my computer off then it will just restart again No bootable device,insert a boot disk and press any key so i ve done a system restore then it worked i did also some error repairs on my drives then after that i shut down my computer i turned it the next morning then suddenly this message appeared NO BOOTABLE DEVICE INSERT BOOT DISK AND PRESS ANY KEY i dont have a recovery disk so I downloaded a super grub disk I also tried to download a recovery disk from a site but still it cannot boot my system ur suggestions and recommendations are greatly appreciated thnx nbsp

Relevancy 106.02%

I get this when i turn on my laptop :

for realtek rtl8101e/8102e pci-e ethernet controller v1.05 (071227)
client mac addr:001e3340135b guid:25e68c70-2205-11dd-a70e-001e3340145b pxe-e53:no boot filename recieved

pxe-m0f:exiting pxe rom.
no bootable device--insert boot disk and press any key

A:no bootable device--insert boot disk and press any key

It is trying to boot off of the network. If your not setup to do this then go into the BIOS and remove the NIC from the boot list.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-and-press-any-key-384878.html
Relevancy 106.02%

I have Windows Vista installed on my desktop Today Insert Key and Disk Device Bootable Any Not Press - Boot when I woke up the computer had turned itself off and when booting up states No bootable device Not Bootable Device - Insert Boot Disk and Press Any Key -- insert boot disk and press any key So I used my Windows Vista Anytime Upgrade disc to boot to Repair your computer option When the System Recovery Options loaded it could not find my Windows installation so I just hit Next anyway When I went to Command Prompt it brought me automatically to X Sources I tried running bootrec exe fixmbr and bootrec exe rebuildbcd and both outputed Not Bootable Device - Insert Boot Disk and Press Any Key Device not found I tried cd c and it outputted Device not found I tried Startup Repair and it said Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically ProblemSignature reported NoHardDrive I rebooted and removed the CD and still no luck I entered Not Bootable Device - Insert Boot Disk and Press Any Key the BIOS via F and switched the boot order configuration so hard drive was above CD DVD saved and then it booted up to Windows But I restarted and am only getting the same No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key Please help me Thank you

A:Not Bootable Device - Insert Boot Disk and Press Any Key

You might want to go to the website of your hd manufacturer, download their diagnostic utiity, burn it to cd and run it. Alternatively, you can try SeaTools for DOS.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488843/not-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-and-press-any-key/
Relevancy 104.78%

Hi. I have formatted my hard drive and installed windows XP pro (SP3) on it. It got installed well. However, once I take out the OS cd after completion and restart the system for any reason, the system stays blank for long with a blinking cursor on top left corner and then after couple of minutes goes on to show the above error.

This doesnt happen when I keep the OS cd in the optical drive and then start the system as it goes on to show the "press any key to boot from cd..." thing and then load the OS normally. What could be the reason for this and how can I get my system to boot without the OS cd in it everytime (without having to format it again). Please help.

A:NO BOOTABLE DEVICE FOUND: Insert boot disk and press any key

Try a Repair Installation.

Try this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST&T.com Forums

Disk boot failure
This can be a number of reasons:

1: Your HDD has had it and needs replacing
2: It is trying to boot from another source, i.e. printer with memory card slots
3: A Memory card / usb stick which is in your PC.

It can be a number of things

First thing I always tell customers to do is:

1: Check in BIOS and make sure the HDD IS detected
2: Make sure the boot order seems OK, make sure the HDD is set to first boot device as a simple check.
3: Make sure no peripherals are pluggged in, i.e. printer (to rule out any 3rd booting options)

If everything seems OK, then that's when we'd try a system recovery, stick in the recovery CD / XP CD depending on the OS and recovery method.

If it boots into the recovery and we can do chkdsk /r - If that comes back OK, try and run the complete restore.
If it goes through OK and in to Windows then problem sorted just a software issue.

If it goes through OK but then comes up with the same issue, could be a fault with the HDD / Mobo (Not recognising a HDD is detected properly)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-bootable-device-found-insert-boot-disk-and-press-any-key-393755.html
Relevancy 104.78%

INTEL UNDI PXE-2.1 (Build 082)
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For RealTek RTL8101E/8102E PCI-E Ethernet Controller v1.09 (080602)
PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press anykey

-----------------

this is what i get when i try turn on my acer aspire one mini laptop...
i honestly have no idea what to do, im not knowledgeable about computers...

so pls someone help me with this one...

A:no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press anykey

Hi there,

This may be a warning that the Operating System maybe corrupted and needs a re-install, it may also be that the Hard drive has been corrupted. But before Re-Installing its good to check the drive if it is firmly fixed, You may also try to blow the machine off the dust --

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-and-press-anykey-599680.html
Relevancy 104.78%

Hello When I turned this on this morning I got that Boot Any Dv4 Press Device---insert Bootable Disk And Key Pavilion No Hp message in the Title Trying to recover the data is the most important thing to me so I pulled the hard drive and using a Black-X Hp Pavilion Dv4 No Bootable Device---insert Boot Disk And Press Any Key USB device I plugged it Hp Pavilion Dv4 No Bootable Device---insert Boot Disk And Press Any Key into my desktop computer via USB The computer knew that a Toshiba Hard drive was plugged in as it goes through it s install on the bottom right corner of the computer but it never assigned a Drive Letter So I went into Disk Management and it said I needed to initialize the drive which I did not do I took the drive out of the Black X and using Sata Cable tried to direct connect to the MOBO of the desktop BIOS sees the drive but now the drive is not even recognized under Disk Management Is there any way to get to the file structure of this drive so I can at least recover the data nbsp

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/hp-pavilion-dv4-no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-and-press-any-key.312821/
Relevancy 103.85%

Hi everyone I just thought that i would share my findings on this problem as it has been giving boot any device disk -- Intel bootable Exiting No PXE PXE-M0F: press and ROM. insert me a headache all night I tried to install Windows on my laptop which was running ubuntu and i kept getting denied due to error msg- quot PXE-M PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM. No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any F Exiting Intel PXE ROM No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key quot I tested the hard drive and it was ok PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM. No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any I installed linux mint and PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM. No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any was successful and realized that the fault was in the usb drive So after a great deal of research the result was that the installer needed to be made bootable for UEFI - Create bootable Windows usb using the Windows usb dvd download tool - Once completed open the efi folder - Create a new folder and name it quot Boot quot - Open the microsoft folder and then open the boot folder and copy all of it s contents - Paste the contents into the quot Boot quot folder that you created - Open the quot sources quot folder and right click on the quot install WIM quot file and use zip to open archive - Once extracted open the quot windows quot folder then open quot boot quot and then open quot EFI quot - Locate quot bootmngfw efi quot and drag it to the quot boot quot folder that you created - After moving the quot bootmngfw efi quot file rename it to quot BOOTX EFI quot After doing this my usb booted finally booted into the Windows installer screen and I was able to proceed normally I hope this post saves someone else some grief nbsp

A:PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM. No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any

Good to know, thanks for the effort.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pxe-m0f-exiting-intel-pxe-rom-no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-and-press-any.1147161/
Relevancy 95.79%

I have changed boot manager to DVD drive, f8 key does nothing, same with old HDD and new HDD.

A:no bootable device- insert disk and press any key

Are you trying to just boot from the DVD or only because the HDD isn't working?

My Mom brought her computer to me once with that error and the HDD just wasn't plugged in all the way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/255763-no-bootable-device-insert-disk-press-any-key.html
Relevancy 92.07%

Hi All, I was trying to fix a USB drive, so I went to (diskmgmt.msc) and mistakenly I did a change to the (HP System Tool) or called something like that portion, I think I choose (activate)  or so. Then, I restarted the laptop, and received the below message : "No bootable device insert boot disc and press any key" I tried to restore the system to a previous point, and when it was done and restarted, the message appeared again.Can you advice on how to get it back without loosing my 500 GB of data  Thanksss

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/No-bootable-device-insert-boot-disc-and-press-any-key/td-p/5720431
Relevancy 91.14%

I am purchase hp laptop before 2days. in my laptop suddenly occur in the virus then I am os recovery dvd inside the cd driver and run then second dvd is writing suddenly system is interrupted and automatically off. Why I am saying admin plz

Solved!
View Solution.

A:no bootable device--insert boot device and press any key

I am open the my laptop and press logon button then automatically display the no bootable drive--please insert boot disk and press any key then in my point of view what I am saying

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/no-bootable-device-insert-boot-device-and-press-any-key/td-p/5686502
Relevancy 91.14%

Hey...My HP(Laptop compaq presario cq40) says "No Bootable Device -- Insert boot disc and press any key"" when I start it..I try many way to solve this problem but it does not work..can you help me to solve this problem? I hope you can help me because I only have that laptop at my house to do my work.. s/n : [edited]p/n:NK864PA#UUF

A:HP show no bootable device--insert boot disc and press any k...

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and product number (p/n) of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue. The above requested information can be found on the bottom of your computer, inside the battery compartment or on the startup BIOS screen. Please see How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? for more assistance locating this information. DO NOT include your serial number.  It is very likely that the hard has failed or is failing. Please turn the computer on and immediately start tapping the "ESC" key followed by the appropriate "F#" key for hardware diagnostic on your computer. Run the hard drive tests and report back with the outcome. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-show-no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disc-and-press-any/td-p/5636936
Relevancy 91.14%

The day before yesterday I turned off the PC using Windows nbsp Vista Menu gt Shut Down When I turned it on after the HP device boot and any key press bootable No insert disc error logo it shows a black screen with the following error No bootable device -- insert No bootable device insert boot disc and press any key error a boot disk and press any key I already tried to Load BIOS Setup Defauts did Memory and Primary Hard Disk Self Tests they were OK changed the boot order F but the error message persists I did the reset procedure which I unplugged the battery and the AC charger and keep the power button pressed for seconds but it didn't worked either I tried the F Recovery Mode but the error message persists I do not have the recovery discs to boot from the disc I tried to boot nbsp from Windows XP disc but it stays forever on the Press any key to start from the CD message I tried to boot it using another OS CD Ubuntu but it asks to update the BIOS I do not have Vista DVD it did No bootable device insert boot disc and press any key error not come with the PC What else can be done How can I solve this problem

A:No bootable device insert boot disc and press any key error

Hi - Same thing happened to me one hour ago. I have Vista as well. Don't have the boot disk neither.. The quick test of the disk came out successful, but the complete test doesn't want to start... What happened with yours? Did you manage to fix it? Thank

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/No-bootable-device-insert-boot-disc-and-press-any-key-error/td-p/151244
Relevancy 85.25%

I have given my 40GB ATA HDD to my friend to fetch some movies he has got in his 160GB SATA HDD. He configured my HDD as secondary master and copied all the movies to mine. Later he removed my HDD and rebooted the system to find that his HDD isn't booting up. He says that his HDD isn't being detected in the BIOS. The well known error message "No bootable device found. Insert system disk and press Enter" appears every time he tries to boot his system. What can the solution other than formatting?? ( Formatting isn't favourable as there is critical data in the HDD).
Please help me..

Relevancy 83.39%

Ok so basically, I reset my TOSHIBA SATELLITE C50D-A-138 to its factory settings, then my internet wasn't working so I done it again and the power cut off so it swiped my hard drive? I've made the 3 recovery disks but I don't know how to use them or what to do? Can someone please help me much appreciated x

A:No Bootable device - insert boot disk to continue....

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Your query is equipment-specific. Please refer to the user manual on "Restoring the pre-installed software from your created Recovery Media" (Page 100, Chapter 5-14)

If you have misplaced the User Manual, you may download it here : http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct...99804247,d.c2E

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/378050-no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-continue.html
Relevancy 82.46%

I bought a Caviar SE Serial ATA drive from Western Digital SATA II And all i got was this lousy message when i started up my PC My mobo is an Intel D GZISSLIt only supports SATA but i didn t think i would have a problem since the drive is backwards compatible with SATA I got the utility called Data Lifeguard Tools available Device and any Boot key insert No boot press disk - from the makers website and burned it to a CD and tried rebooting with that to see if my disk was kaput but i No Boot Device available - insert boot disk and press any key couldn t boot from the cd either Now i m not No Boot Device available - insert boot disk and press any key sure if i burned the DLT right or something but i m pretty sure i couldn t boot from the cd either when i tried with the Windows XP Cd And that cd works fine The bios i just don t understand what s going on I checked to see if it detected my drive and it appears to be detected as SATA or something Master and Slave say nothing is installed I tried changing the boot order but i doesn t seems to change anything Gonna try tomorrow booting with the Data Lifeguard Tools form a floppy disk But first i would love to have some kind of advice first because my Pc case is a bit small microatx and i have to remove my dvd drive and videocard to reach the Hardrive Thanks for the help and sorry for my bad english and poor grammar nbsp

A:No Boot Device available - insert boot disk and press any key

Have you tried putting your old HDD back in?
Cables connected correctly?
Jumpers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-boot-device-available-insert-boot-disk-and-press-any-key.132732/
Relevancy 110.94%

Gateway NV53A52u
PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, check cable No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

I am not hardware savvy...

I have checked all connections, and they all seem good
I have tried removing my hard drive and reinstalling it

I have tried using my boot disk
It loads windows files, I choose English and press ok, but the only option that I can choose is exit on the restore menu, the other 2 choices are greyed out and cannot be selected
I have tried booting from the CD/DVD ROM drive
I have tried booting from my backup USB device
And I have also put in a new hard drive
None of these options have gotten me anywhere...
Can anyone help? (BTW, please speak in computer dummy language because I am not familiar with all of the computer lingo and abbreviations, lol)

A:PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, check cable No bootable device -- insert boot disk...

The PXE-61 Media failure frequently that the hard drive has died or has otherwise become unreadable. You would still receive this failure by installing another drive without changing the boot order to install an operating system. This can also be caused by a failure of the Disk Controller or even a bad data cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pxe-e61-media-test-failure-check-cable-no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk.1146926/
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi There I am having a problem starting my PC I have to start it in the boot menu under the RAID option If I do not do this a message saying quot Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key quot comes up and just keeps popping up regardless of what I press I would try using my boot disk but for the life of me I can t find it and as windows was already installed on this computer when we got it year ago I can t accurately recall if it came with one I am no expert on BIOS but I have read other problems similar to this one Reboot or an and selected boot press device boot device in key... a media insert select proper boot and know that if I don t have the Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device an press a key... boot disk or the OS disk I will need to know that at least So my boot sequence is as follows Boot Hard drive Boot CD DVD PM-ATAPI DV Boot USB Generic-Compa Boot Lan I am curious if the Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device an press a key... Hard Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device an press a key... drive is the issue The BIOS tells me that anything in parentheses is disabled from corresponding type menu But I truly have no idea how to change that Which brings me here If anyone can offer any help to this I would greatly appreciate it

A:Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device an press a key...

HiYou will have to give a little more information.What is the make and model of the computer?If it isn't a brand name what make and model of the motherboard.Or you can post a Speccy that will give that information.[ Go to Piriform's website, and click the big button.

Next, click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version.

You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.
Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot

You will see the following prompt:
Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Congrats! You have just posted your specs!With this information Someone will be able to help youThanksRoger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477080/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device-or-insert-boot-media-in-selected-boot-device-an-press-a-key/
Relevancy 99.33%

Ok I built a PC a month ago and everything seemed find no problems of any sort The other night I defragmented my hard drive and shut it down and turned it on today to a memory test and the message quot Disk Boot Failure Insert system Disk and press enter quot The computer has access to the XP pro w sp disk only as a boot device but it and Disk work press seems Insert nothing Disk enter system Failure, to Boot will not recognize it now I have set Cd-rom as st for boot sequence then hard drive I have no floppy Disk Boot Failure, Insert system Disk and press enter nothing seems to work drive and the bios has been configured to know that I am not sure if this means anything but in the bios the IDE Channel Master says none and when I try to turn Disk Boot Failure, Insert system Disk and press enter nothing seems to work on auto detection it wont detect a hard drive The HDD is fully connected and has not been touched since I installed it a month ago I have this awful feeling that I fried the HDD when I defragmented it last night Any help would be very much appreciated Disk Boot Failure, Insert system Disk and press enter nothing seems to work But please be simple this is my first build and my knowledge at this sort of thing is very very sketchy at best I have installed a new hard drive and used three different sata cables none of that worked I have even taken out the battery and that did not work I am about to give up and scape the whole thing nbsp

A:Disk Boot Failure, Insert system Disk and press enter nothing seems to work

It sounds like a motherboard failure to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter-nothing-seems-to-work.95167/
Relevancy 99.33%

when starting my computer, and no boot disk is inserted, i get the error message:"HARD DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK PRESS ENTER" when a boot disk is inserted, windows xp starts up if no button is pressed after a boot disk is inserted. I cant work out how to boot from hard disk immediately, and it is set as primary boot device. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!!

A:Hard Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk Press Enter

Just go into the Bios and (For my motherbaord) in Advanced BIOS Features, set primary, seconday etc boot devices as you like.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-press-enter.40225/
Relevancy 99.33%

This is my first build and only problem im having right now is this disk boot failure error..I have a legal copy of vista and trying to install it on a SATA drive and using a DVD/RW to load the CD..I've checked all the connections and everything is seated correctly..went into the BIOS and set my DVD drive to primary and the SATA drive secondary and still no luck..Very frustrated and running out of ideas...Can someone help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter.703473/
Relevancy 99.33%

Help. I just built a new computer and I don't know what's going on. I keep getting the error: disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter

Here's my scoop:
-All new parts: IBM 30GB 7200rpm, P3 800EB, Aopen AX3S pro,128mb ram, 52x standard cd, standard floppy.
-Boot sequence = a,c
-I am trying to use a win98 boot disk (tried 2)
-followed my motherboard's instructions exactly
-CMOS and POST detect everything successfully

Everything checks out. What else is there? Could it be that my hard disk is dead???? A brand new Disk????

Thank you,

Allen

[email protected]
-

Relevancy 99.33%

Hiya Well as some of you may jnow this pc has caused me a lot of trouble So now its installed witha brand new Motherboard RAM AGP card and hardDrive Installed Windows using the upgrade disk System Solved: Disk Press Disk Boot Enter and Failure, Insert popping Solved: Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter in Win to confirm I had it It all worked okay but on a restart the error comes up Boot from CD Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk and Press Enter Now in the BIOS I ve had the boot sequence as all sorts First was CDROM HDD- Floppy No joy so went to HDD- CDRom floppy then Floppy HDD- CDROM Then for the sheer heck of it HDD- HDD- Floppy Still nothing I tried it with Quick Boot disabled nothing Seek Floppy is Enabled was disabled by defalut HDD S M A R T is enabled was disabled by default As the pc at home is the only one there I can only answer via the work s pc during the day I have my motherboard booklet and the BIOS is Phoenix AwardBIOS Any help would be great so close to marking the threads that I ve started on this problem Solved Thanks in advance eddie nbsp

Relevancy 99.33%

Hi, I've recently tried to install a new HDD (WD Black 1 TB) and a new vid card ATI Radeon HD 3850. When I try to boot and install XP I'm getting the msg Disk Boot Failure, insert system disk and press enter.

Before I was getting "PXE-E53: No Boot Filename Received." However I went into BIOS and disabled the OnChip LAN Controller and I'm now getting "Disk Boot failure, insert system disk and press enter."

When I check in BIOS it seems the HD and my CD Rom are both being detected (They both come up). My initial feeling is that my CDRom is failing, but could it also be that I've gotten a dead HD? If anyone can help me with the Disk Boot Failure problem I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Relevancy 99.33%

Sometimes, when I am on my computer it restarts and I get this message

DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

If I turn my pc off and boot it back up, it works fine. I think the problem may be a virus, but using AVG free 8.0. I have found nothing (2 adware) which I think could cause the problem.

Currently I am running a Kaspersky Online scan. But does anyone know what my problem could be?

A:[SOLVED] Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk And Press Enter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greerere

Sometimes, when I am on my computer it restarts and I get this message

DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

If I turn my pc off and boot it back up, it works fine. I think the problem may be a virus, but using AVG free 8.0. I have found nothing (2 adware) which I think could cause the problem.

Currently I am running a Kaspersky Online scan. But does anyone know what my problem could be?

the big possiblity is ur hardisk is in trouble.
please use disk utility to check it like deleted reference to illegal software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter-275025.html
Relevancy 99.33%

I have just put together an old computer which i had previously been using. It was taken apart, so i reassmbled with a new video card. When I start it and it goes to the second screen checking for IDE primary master etc. It just stops after having ...None after everything, and it just stays there. It doesn't respond to me pressing Delete to enter setup after that. I'm wondering if it could be mechanical or electrical, or both. Thanks

Relevancy 99.33%

hi sir im vijay im usin tb segate new hard disk sir in my system i cant able to boot my os and also my hard disk its showin that hard disk boot failure insert system disk press enter i restarted many times its sayin the same problem in my gigabite mobo bios my hard disk is not get detected sir the problem is that wen im installin the new os for nd time its all went nice only sir but at the completion of the os it wil ask for system enter disk press failure boot insert hard disk the user name and password but in my system its frozen sir fully of black screen and i cant able to do anythin so i restarted my system from that im gettin this error as hard disk boot failure insert system disk press enter that my new hard disk and all of my data is in that hard disk only this problem arises wen im installing the os for nd time sir till now its showin the same error sir plz help me im so confused

A:hard disk boot failure insert system disk press enter

Repair MBR:

Boot From the Windows Install Disc
The first thing you?ll need to do is boot off the install disc, and then click through until you see the ?Repair your computer? link in the lower left-hand corner.
You?ll need to choose the correct installation of Windows and then click the Next button.
And then you?ll get to the System Recovery Options screen, where you can get to the Command Prompt.

Repairing the Master Boot Record:

If you want to restore the master boot record, you can simply type in the following command:

bootrec /fixmbr

You can also write a new boot sector onto the system partition with this command (which is often more useful):

bootrec /fixboot

And of course, if you just use bootrec /? you?ll be able to see all the options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/221838-hard-disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-press-enter.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Recently after unplugging my system from its power source removing power cable from the power supply and then later reconnecting the power source the machine will not boot unless a Vista system disc is Disk Enter Boot to Insert Disk Failure Continue Press System and in the drive upon boot mind you not booting from the disc just having it in the tray and booting to the OS harddrive If the disc is not present at startup the machine displays the following error message DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISC AND PRESS ENTER TO CONTINUE If I insert Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk and Press Enter to Continue the disc after this is displayed the machine hangs and does nothing If I restart my system after inserting the disc the machine boots as normal Attempted fixes bootrec Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk and Press Enter to Continue exe rebuildbcd fixboot Operations complete successfully but they do not fix the problem These actions were attempted primarily as a shot in the dark Typically I have encountered this issue when the molex connector or other cabling is loose on the OS HDD but that is obviously not the issue since I am posting this from the machine OS is currently installed on an IDE drive set as master on the primary IDE channel Any suggestions would be appreciated to save my the extra step in order to boot

A:Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk and Press Enter to Continue

bootrec /FixMbr

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259645/disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter-to-continue/
Relevancy 99.33%

Hello everyone We Boot nothing! Disk Press - and System tips Tried Disk Enter and many Failure, Insert have tried many things to get our computer running and no luck We have an older Pentium II MHz computer and we installed a brand new GB IDE hard drive which is recognized at start-up and we have Windows XP to install The computer will not install Windows and Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter - Tried many tips and nothing! the boot disk the hard drive manufacturer provided will not boot the computer Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter - Tried many tips and nothing! We have been working on it for three nights and nothing We set the boot in BIOS to boot from CD and it will not boot with Windows XP or the hard drive CD that came from Western Digital We even reset the bios and took out the battery for over minutes and no luck except that it helped the computer to finally recognize the new hard drive - we only have one which is set as the Primary Master We checked all the cables and disconected the main cables from behind the hard drive and the two CD roms and nothing Can anyone please help us nbsp

A:Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter - Tried many tips and nothing!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter-tried-many-tips-and-nothing.862592/
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi i have a self built pentium 4 pc that wont boot.
When i turn it on there is a very long wait at the HP Invent screen (it is a ms 6577 ver 2.1 board) and when it finally gets to the black screen with the slashing dash in the top left hand corner it just flashes for around a minute before saying "DISK BOOT FAILURE. INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"
I have managed to get it to boot once by going into the recovery tool on the XP disk and using "FIXBOOT" but that only worked once and it wont work any more. The specs of the pc are,

PENTIUM 4 1.8GHZ 478
MS 6577 VER 2.1 BOARD
256 MB RAM
20 GB WESTERN DIGITAL HARD DRIVE.

There is nothing to lose on this PC. Thanks in advance. Alex

Relevancy 99.33%

Hi everyone This is my first post on this site and i want to thank you for your responses in advance OK so here is my problem I know that there have been posts on this topic becfore however mine is different than the rest of the posts In the other posts this has occured on a modified computer but and Insert Boot Enter System Faliure, Disk Disk UNIQUE press when it happened to me it was my unmodded computer So heres what happened I boot up and after the HP screen instead of going to the windows loading screen I get a UNIQUE Disk Boot Faliure, Insert System Disk and press Enter message with alot of text but the main point was that quot a failure was imenent quot F to continue F to enter setup So i hit F to continue and after a minute of a blank screen and the blinking text dash the DISK BOOT FAIlURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK message But I have never modified my coputer and never used a setup disk before on this machine What do you advise I should do BTW I tried resetting BIOS but to no avail SPECS Older Hp-Pavilion n WinXP nbsp

Relevancy 99.33%

Does "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" mean that there is no OS installed on the hard drive?

On my other computer it says "No Operating System found".

Thanks.

Relevancy 99.33%

Hi i have a Gb western digital hard drive with C and D drives i partitioned Press Insert System And Enter Disk Disk Hard Boot Failure them the D drive has all my gaming applications on it and the C drive has all the files for windows and other crap like firefox etc I was once reformatting to XP from Vista and in the middle of reformat my computer shut down causing a major problem the answer was my graphics card died Hard Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk And Press Enter now i have an EVGA Mb GT with DX I brought the drive Hard Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk And Press Enter to my neighbors house and he can use it just fine it boots and everything but the problem is that when i bring it to my house and i insert the drive it goes to the Nvidia Boot Agent and after a while displays HARD DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER My current BIOS Boot order is Floppy CD and then Hard Disk Hard Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk And Press Enter I don t know why it wont boot but the copy of XP has been verified and it works great on my friends computer why won t it start on mine Please help me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter.637598/
Relevancy 99.33%

When I start my non-brand PC with an MSI mobo I receive the following message:
disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter

At first I thought it was the SATA hard drive but when hooked up to another machine I can see all the files. When I went into the Phoenix/Award Bios all the drives are IDE drives. Not an SATA drive option anywhere. The computer was working great for a number of years. I hooked a brand new SATA drive and the BIOS does not recognize the drive.

What might be the problem and how might I use my hard drive again? Thanks!

Relevancy 99.33%

hello everybody here at B C As this topic mentions this is supposed to be a BIOS guide not exactly tho I will write about what System Please ( Disk Disk Bios's Enter Press ) And Insert Error Boot i have encountered and worked with when it comes to this motherboard in hope to expand this knowledge and hopefully finding a solution with a broader network As mentioned this is the ABIT AN Fatal ty S Motherboard without the SLI double PCI EXPRESS installed Basically my old motherboard stopped functioning so i had to replace it with the Abit Fatal Bios's ( Disk Boot Error Please Insert System Disk And Press Enter ) ty at first i was very pleased becouse i read alot of positive stuff about it altho i dont really like too much advertising this motherboard looked promising A part of the horror that struck me was that i needed to install WinXp from start there were reports of users who could simply do a repair of winxp so they wont loose any valuable data but in my case i didnt have that option my windows could not be saved Since i had HDD s i plugged in another one after backing it up from another pc becouse i simply mistook it for the hdd that had winxo on it anyway i thought to myself i could backup my winxp containing drive at a later state when i get winxp installed on the drive i just cleaned I then instaled all the hardware where it belongs and booted up and put in the WinXp SP cd and ran thru the first part of the setup where the files get copied over to your hdd before the restart All went well and the pc gave me as usual a second timline to restart or it would do it by itself I booted up again then i got this dreadfull msg disk boot error please insert system disk and press enter At first i didnt take it seriously becouse i thought it was a BIOS thing and boot priority wich was a simple task I got into bios and my configuration was as following Boot Priority - CD HDD Removable device floppy Checked if IDE controllers both and were enabled Ran an automated search for my HDD eventho it was detected correctly from start Ran the WinXP setup again and again several times and it copied all files over to the hdd correctly with no errors Flashed my BIOS with the lates version an BIOS compiled date Plugged in a diffrent HDD wich i know for sure is working and installed winxp formating and always choosing NTFS instead of FAT but with no such luck becouse i still got the DISK BOOT ERROR The nr HDD that i used last i put it into another system and installed WINXP SP and it worked HDD nr wich i had the original problem from i removed it and put it into another system and did a format into NTFS incase the winxp setup didnt format correctly it went O K but when i put it back into the Fatal ty system again and after yet another xp setup i got the DISK BOOT ERROR I cleared my CMOS and reconfigured still got the error I removed my original hdd and switcheed it into another pc and installed the first part on it and when it needed a restart i then shut down the pc and moved the hdd back to the fatal ty system and booted there DISK BOOT ERROR I tried installing winxp with the FAT system no diffrence Some say it might be a faulty or empty BIOS battery but my time and date are correct so i doubt it is from that Here are my specs AMD Athlon GB RAM Kingston Hyper ATX Powersupply w HIS RADEON X XL IceQ II Turbo MB HDD Western Digital GB RPM Anyway this is what i can come up with so far when it comes to this problem My hopes are that we somehow get thru this problem so that this can be considered as a HOW TO GUIDE for me and others to benefit from and explore becouse i think this must be one of the worst BIOS problems out there So any sugestions and or ideas are gladly accepted

A:Bios's ( Disk Boot Error Please Insert System Disk And Press Enter )

Simply put, the disk that you think that you are booting from, and the disk that you are booting from, are not the same. I did the same thing myself not too long ago. Pull out the other disks and install XP. Once it is working, then install the other hard drives. If you are sure that you are booting from the same drive on which XP is installed, then the disk is thrashed.
You said you took out a disk from another system and it booted fine. How about trying this? Take the disk out of your system that you think is the one with XP on it, and see if if it will boot the other machine?
This is no huge mystery. It can only be one of very few things.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126989/bioss-disk-boot-error-please-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter/
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi, I left my Pc on standby last night, there were no signs that the computer was broken in any way. I started it up by hitting one of the keyboard keys and it came up with a blue screen of death which I didn't take note of. After I restarted my pc and now it looks like it can't find the OS. I have tried to system restore but it won't let me. And I have also tried choosing a system image backup but it still won't let me. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kyle

A:Disk boot failure on startup, insert system disk and press enter

Hello Kyle!

What kind of boot drive do you have? What model is it? Is there another storage device in your PC?

Start your PC up and check if you see the boot drive in BIOS. If not, power down the PC, open it up change the cables and port, start up again.

Good luck!

CK_WD

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/358271-disk-boot-failure-startup-insert-system-disk-press-enter.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Due to failure I have had to install a new HDD. When trying to boot with a starup disk so I can access the cd-rom and install windows, all I get is this message. Im using the 98 SE boot disk image available from bootdisk.com. Any ideas anyone??

Relevancy 99.33%

So a few days ago I was using my computer that I have had for a little over a year normally I then put the computer into sleep mode as I always do When I came to use the computer again I attempted to wake it up only to find it shut itself down immediately I waited a minute and then tried to boot up the computer but the computer hung at the first screen that stated my motherboard type and gave me the option to enter the BIOS I attempted to enter the BIOS to no avail it seemed as and enter. failure, disk boot insert Disk press system if my keyboard wasn't working But it hung indefinitely at this screen for about minutes before I shut it off Retrying this several times Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter. advanced me past this screen to a blank screen with a command line that said quot Disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter quot I inserted the Windows Vista recovery disk that I had received with my computer from the seller when I bought it and pressed enter but the line simply repeated itself This also ruled out that my keyboard wasn't working because obviously it would have to be to allow me to press enter So further restarts allowed me to enter the BIOS once or twice every or restarts but unfortunately it froze while using the BIOS to change the boot configurations I attempted to disconnect and reconnect the hard drives making sure that they were connected properly I also removed all USB devices or external hard drives aside from the keyboard to make sure nothing was interfering to no avail Usually it freezes at the first screen and only intermittently does it go past that to the disk boot failure error message My system specs Intel QX Ghz EVGA GTX GB x GB Corsair DDR PC - Asus P N-E nForce i SLI Mobo Creative Labs X-Fi Xtreme Audio Sound Card Tagan Watt PSU TB x GB SATA II HDDs in RAID GB SATA II Storage HDD X Dual Layer DVD R RW X DVD R Vista Home Premium SP Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks Bort

A:Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter.

Try clearing the CMOS and see if that lets you enter the bios setup menu to set it to defaults. Then, migrate to the Boot ARea of the bios (if you can get in to the bios) and make sure the boot order is set to:

CDRom - 1st
Floppy - 2nd (if any)
Hard Drive - 3rd (boot drive)

Then, migrate on down to the HARD DRIVE PRIORITY and set the drive you want to boot from as FIRST in this area.

Save and exit. Report back with findings.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter-276844.html
Relevancy 99.33%

i keep getting this message every single time i try and turn on my belta computer Now this computer is from a Thailand company so i haven t been able to find much help online but from what i can gather it isn t booting to the OS because there is something wrong with the floppy disk drive Well the computer doesn t have a floppy disk drive so i think that might be the problem Anyway after a little bit more digging any floppy boot key and disk valid press fault--insert disk i found that by going to the bios settings floppy disk fault--insert valid boot disk and press any key i could disable the computer from thinking it has a floppy disk drive Here s my problem however i can only get into quot insyde software SCU for intel chipset quot witch is sort of like bios as it lets me set the boot order and such but there is no option to disable hardware in this menu so does anyone know how to get to the actual bios settings so i can disable the floppy disk drive the model is an M C if that helps any thanks for any reply s nbsp

Relevancy 99.33%

i wanted to get two computers gaming on the internet at the same time but found that one of the computers (comp 1) did not have free space to install the game. my other computer (comp 2) has more space than it knows what to do with and already has the game installed on it. both computers worked perfectly. then i decided to see if i could take a hard drive from (comp 2) and install it in (comp 1). this worked for (comp 1) but when i tried to boot (comp 2) it stopped at verifing dmi pool data... disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter. After putting stuff back the way it was and restarting several times only to repetedly get this same message it finally got windows to boot up.
then i attempted to retry what i had done before but now windows is not booting and it is reading off the same error message.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter.971743/
Relevancy 99.33%

I was trying to plug in headphones and accidentally disconnected my sound card during which my windows explorer started to unexpectedly shut down I restarted the computer right after it had re-loaded and was not able to load back up after it shut down It gave me the quot Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk and Press Enter quot message I did that and it goes to quot Loading Files from Windows quot completes it and then goes to the boot screen where Windows is suppose to load up The bar cycles through times and then freezes for several minutes before going to the error press and disk insert enter system boot Disk BSOD I don't seem to ever get the option to go Disk boot error insert system disk and press enter to the Windows Repair Console and I'm not sure at which step I'd be prompted to do so I've tried every option given and none of them will take me to it I've tried loading in safe mode but it doesn't do anything different tried boot logging but I'm not sure where I'd go to see the result I also tried loading windows using my system disk and system disk I downloaded off the web on an external cdrom same problem Does anyone have any possible solutions for me Thank you System Description video card - nvidia geforce gx Disk boot error insert system disk and press enter cpu - Intel Core Quad Q GHz m board - ASUS P N -T Premium LGA NVIDIA nForce i SLI ATX Intel ram power supply - w Antec

Relevancy 99.33%

So I had two Window's on my computer. I wanted to remove every single application, every single thing, including OS systems and re-install them.
So I downloaded DBAN and selected WIPE in there, as format didn't help me before. So, it always crashes at 10% and even when I go to BIOS menu and select that it would disable booting from CD DVD it still shows me
"DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" even when I insert XP or Vista CD it shows that. It doesn't show it with DBAN disk..
How do I repair my computer? Please I need a quick help. How do I make fresh install of VISTA then?

I apologize because of my grammar mistakes. English is not my first language !

A:Please help me ! DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

DBAN can damage a hard drive so that it can't be used any more. It is for preparing a machine for disposal or for transfer to another person. It is used to destroy any contents. Nothing but the Windows disk is need to clear the drive before installing.

You need to boot from CD or DVD in order to install Windows. Vista comes on a DVD, so if your drive is not a DVD drive, you can't install Vista.

Is the XP disk bootable? Where did it come from?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter.1024516/
Relevancy 99.33%

hello this is my first post here after using this site many times without actually posting anything i decided to give it a go the title explains it pretty straight forward DISK BOOT FAILURE - INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER is the message i get after my bios load Alright what do i know I know it s probably not detecting my And Boot Insert System Press Enter - Disk Disk Failure hard drive it s an IDE set as the slave because when i enter the BIOS i can only see my cd drive as master and no secondary boot devices Curious thing if i spend about seconds in the BIOS exit and save changes even when i make no changes at all my computer will start up just fine without the message I also Disk Boot Failure - Insert System Disk And Press Enter know that when i do this and go back to BIOS it now displays my HDD as my secondary device Highly doubt it has anything to do with the IDE cords everything besides the HDD and Cd drive are only a week old but hey i never know Also on a side note i have a memory slot for camera memory sticks and such drive connected to the motherboard as well which came with the case Any help or comments or suggestions will be very appreciated thanks everyone -Ryan nbsp

A:Disk Boot Failure - Insert System Disk And Press Enter

Of course an IDE Drive set as the slave it not going to boot... under normal circumstances.
To boot, the hard drive must be primary 1, or the BIOS must be set for a bootable device other than Primary 1.
It can be floppy, or CD, or hard drive, but a hard drive jumpered as slave, must be first in the boot order.
But you will always have troubles when a drive on a secondard cable is jumpered as a slave, no matter what the BIOS is ordered to do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter.85888/
Relevancy 99.33%

Hello,
After I got back my electricity from Hurricane Charlie. I turned on my secondary box and I got the "Pop-Fizz-Smoke" from my power supply. The mother board is an Asus CUSL2-C, Pentium 3 800 MHz, Windows XP Pro. So I just got a new power supply installed it. Everthing was going fine until my HDD was not getting auto-detected on boot up. I have an DVD-Rom on the secondary IDE channel and it was getting auto-detected. Well, I examined the mainboard to see if there was any burn or electrical marks on it front and back. I didnt see anything. I switched out IDE cables from my main box (works) and no go. The error that i am getting is "Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter." Could anyone help me with this problem? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You, Deft

Relevancy 99.33%

Ok I just finished building my custom pc The stats are Asus A N sli premum mobo AMD Athlon gb seagate sata gbs hardrive W power supply mb kingstom ram e-GeForce GT PCI-E video card and NEC dvd-burner lt p gt The problem is that I cannot get any drives to boot from the IDE channels I m only using the IDE for the dvd-burner optical drive I tried changing the cables changing jumper settings and nothing The optical drive is working because I already tested it in a friends computer The hardrive is using SATA lt p gt When I turn on my computer it just lists all of the devices detected not showing anything on the IDE channels it just shows this message lt br gt Disk boot Failure insert system disk and press enter lt br gt insert system enter boot disk press and Failure Disk Is this message normal I assume that message is asking to insert the OS disc but I can t because of this problem lt p gt If I get one of those IDE to SATA adaptors for my optical drive would it recognize it What can I try to change in the BIOS so it can recognize my dvd-burner Disk boot Failure insert system disk and press enter lt p gt I can access the mobo BIOS The cpu seems to be running fine I already tried changing the ram to a different channel Also the computer did shut itself down like times since I installed it is using a cheap pin PSU that came with the case whereas the mobo Disk boot Failure insert system disk and press enter is pin but I can still power on because of the extra pin connector Could this cheap PSU relate to my problem of not recognizing drives in the IDE channel Or is it motherboard lt p gt Please help nbsp

A:Disk boot Failure insert system disk and press enter

there arnt any disks in the flopy drive are there

jsut thoghut id ask:blush:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter.54780/
Relevancy 99.33%

Hey, have built a new pc, but am using the same hd as my old one, when booting i get a "disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter" however when i press enter it boots up, not really a big problem just annoying and i wonderd if anyone could help get rid of it.

TIA

Relevancy 99.33%

Disk boot failure Please insert system disk and press enter I have recently ran into some serious trouble with my Western Digital Caviar GP TB Hard drive In disk Boot and insert disk system press failure, enter order for Boot disk failure, insert system disk and press enter anyone to help me you must be updated with everything I have tried and the circumstances surrounding it Two weeks ago I switched off my pc and also switched the power off as I was going on holidays Nothing out of the ordinary happened Now when I'm back I turn on the computer and I get this error saying quot DISK BOOT FAILURE quot I am running two Operatings Systems XP on a WD GB and Windows on the Caviar TB I decided to keep XP just in case but also that HDD fails to start up It's making a clicking noise and after a while it gives the same error I have tried to boot from both drives independably I have tried almost every suggested solution to this problem replaced battery checked cables checked BIOS where the st boot is the cd dvd drive I really do not want to reformat my hard drive couldn't even do so as the sytem is not going any further than the error message I have valuable pictures and memories that I need An important note The hard drive is recognized in the Bios I have tried to swap out SATA Cables both drives are SATA btw I have swapped SATA slots I have tried to run off of the CD however when asking which OS to select none are present and therefore none of the repair programs fix anything I have also tried the Bootrec exe commands and I get an quot Element not found quot error on commands the only one that works is the FixMbr which says command successful or something to that effect I have created a livecd or I think I have GParted -- Live CD USB PXE HD but it doesn't seem to work When inerting the disk straight away I am getting the error message I have also downloaded the minitool partition manager but I'm not sure how to get this going on my pc Should I save it on a USB and then reboot I guess that won't work as the USB is not bootable Any help provided is appreciated Greetz Luursje Any help is greatly appreciated Update I was able to use mini tool partition manager and I can see the disk with its partitions volumes They're all set to quot none quot for status I suppose this should be active I have rebuild the MBR with this tool but I still can't load my Win Setting my volume to active gives me the following error message when rebooting NTLDR is missing Press alt ctrl del Anybody who knows how to proceed from here Luursje

A:Boot disk failure, insert system disk and press enter

Quote: Originally Posted by luursje

Disk boot failure. Please insert system disk and press enter
I have recently ran into some serious trouble with my Western Digital Caviar GP 1 TB Hard drive. In order for anyone to help me you must be updated with everything I have tried and the circumstances surrounding it.

Two weeks ago I switched off my pc and also switched the power off as I was going on holidays.Nothing out of the ordinary happened. Now when I'm back, I turn on the computer and I get this error saying "DISK BOOT FAILURE."

I am running two Operatings Systems. XP on a WD 320GB and Windows 7 on the Caviar 1 TB. I decided to keep XP just in case, but also that HDD fails to start up. It's making a clicking noise and after a while it gives the same error (I have tried to boot from both drives independably).

I have tried almost every suggested solution to this problem (replaced battery, checked cables, checked BIOS where the 1st boot is the cd/dvd drive). I really do not want to reformat my hard drive (couldn't even do so as the sytem is not going any further than the error message). I have valuable pictures and memories that I need.

An important note. The hard drive is recognized in the Bios.

I have tried to swap out SATA Cables (both drives are SATA btw) I have swapped SATA slots. I have tried to run off of the CD, however when asking which OS to select none are present and therefore none of the repair programs fix anything.

I have also tried the Bootrec.exe commands and I get an "Element not found" error on 3/4 commands. the only one that works is the /FixMbr which says (command successful, or something to that effect).

I have created a livecd (or I think I have) GParted -- Live CD/USB/PXE/HD but it doesn't seem to work. When inerting the disk, straight away I am getting the error message. I have also downloaded the minitool partition manager but I'm not sure how to get this going on my pc. Should I save it on a USB and then reboot? I guess that won't work as the USB is not bootable?

Any help provided is appreciated!
Greetz,
Luursje

Any help is greatly appreciated .

Update: I was able to use mini tool partition manager and I can see the disk with its partitions(volumes). They're all set to "none" for status. I suppose this should be active? I have rebuild the MBR with this tool but I still can't load my Win 7. Setting my volume 1 to active gives me the following error message when rebooting: NTLDR is missing. Press alt+ctrl+del.
Anybody who knows how to proceed from here?
Luursje

Hi luursje,

Welcome to Seven forums.

I understand you have done an extensive troubleshooting for this issue. However, I would still like to start with basics. Please check if there is CD inside the drive or a media card inside the card reader.

As you have left for holiday there is chance you might have left it. Both the drives giving the same issue is highly unlikely.

Run the diagnostics on the hard-drive one by one to check their integrity:

WD Support / Downloads / Select Product

Also, make sure that harddrive is set to first boot device under boot sequence in BIOS.

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/299374-boot-disk-failure-insert-system-disk-press-enter.html
Relevancy 99.33%

this problem appeared to me yesterday run out of power in my place and inclusion electricity off 2-3 times in 2 hours and 2-3 times I power off the computer when running out and when I turned on my computer show this, choose whether this problem occurred due to running out of power several times I shut down your computer in 2 hours or maybe this problem is due to something else and if I can somehow fix this problem
i don`t have floppy disk drive when I turn on the computer I hear noises (knocks) from the hard disk
Sorry if I have a problem with English grammar, thanks in advance

A:Disk boot failure insert system disk press enter

Hi Nenad2 and Welcome to the Forum please read the link below

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/282539-disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-press-enter.html
Relevancy 99.33%

issue resolved- see post #3

Hello,

I have a damaged hard drive (WD 250GB) that I pulled from my external enclosure.
I'm trying to do data recovery on it, so i connected it to the slave IDE cable (middle one right?).

Now when I start up my PC, it gives me that error message, but my Primary boot disk (Seagate 80GB) works fine when th Slave isn't plugged in. (I'm guessing it's a BIOS or a jumper setting that's telling it to look at the Slave as the Boot disk???)

I thought I had the BIOS configured correctly to the best of my ability, but now it's beyond me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter

Put the drive into a powered USB enclosure. It must have its own power adapter. You have a good chance of recovery there.
If you must put it inside a case, you must change the jumpers, assuming you are using PATA or EIDE. The main drive to which you are copying, must be jumpered as Master, and the failed drive must be jumpered as slave. USE EIDE 80 conductor 40 connector cables.
You will not have good luck depending on the EIDE cable alone, or while using Cable Select. That puts you at risk of losing even more data.
Once you start this recovery, do not stop until done, as it is possible the drive will never again power up, depending on its condition. Keep that drive spinning.

Once your drives are properly jumpered, you should have good luck in your data rescue, as long as the bearings are not failing. The other main cause of trouble is the magnetic media bubbling up and pealing off. That usually starts at the outer edge. The centrifugal force of the drive plates will cause the bubbled parts to be destroyed and blow off due to the force of the rapdily moving air.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter.108257/
Relevancy 99.33%

Ok well i hope somebody can help. My brother's HP pavillion's hard drive was accidentally formatted. The computer was started with a windows xp cd and the format was completed. The computer is then restarted without the windows xp in the drive and the computer then says Disk boot failure, Insert system disk and press enter. What can be the probelm? thank you
will it make a difference if the prior xp version was home edition and the new cd is professional edition? Please help you thank you

A:Disk boot failure, Insert system disk and press enter

No it wont make a difference that the previous version was home and the new is Pro. what you need to do now is boot from the XP CD delete the existing partion create aa new one and format and install XP on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter.40409/
Relevancy 99.33%

I have an HP Pavilion 500 and recently got this error message. Of course I don't have any of the original software to go with it. I have a XP reinstallation CD but got another error message that indicates this is NOT the disk that came with it. Any other options other than getting a new XP suite?

Relevancy 99.33%

there is this pentium 4 pc that i am working on. it is able to detect the hard drive but it tells me"DISK BOOT ERROR, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". does it mean the hard drive is bad? how do i solve this problem

A:Disk boot error, insert system disk and press enter

Either the hard drive has failed, there is no OS on it, or the boot code is missing/corrupt.
You can test the drive with Seagate SeaTools for DOS, which runs from a CD in DOS. Download it by clicking "Downloads" on this page: http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

Now download and install IMGBurn from here: http://filehippo.com/download_imgburn/
Use IMGBurn to create a CD from the SeaTools ISO file, then boot the faulty PC from that CD.
SeaTools will eventually open. Select the hard drive to be tested and run the short test on it.
If it says "Failed", you need a new hard drive.

If it does not say "Failed", this time run the long test on it just to be sure it's okay.

If the drive passes the long test okay, you just need to install a (legal) copy of Windows on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-boot-error-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter.1062121/
Relevancy 99.33%

I keep getting this message everytime I try to turn the computer on. It will occasionally begin to start up but then will automatically reboot and I will get the Disk boot failure - Insert system disk and press Enter message again. I read the old posts on this but I have not been installing anything new. Any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 99.33%

Ok so I recently built myself from a barebones system a very nice PC AMD Athlon ghz MSI K N Platinum Motherboard MSI Nvidia GeForce GT Graphics Card Gb Ram stick x x TDK CD-RW Rom Western Digital gb SATA Hard Drive Windows XP Professional This configuration system and Disk Boot Error, press enter Please insert disk worked wonderfully even after I added an old IDE Westeren Digital gig Hard drive which had win on it I started getting problems after I added some more stuff to it mb Ram Stick HP DVD-RW Drive Maxtor gig IDE Hard Drive with WinXP Home on it brothers old computer hard drive Floppy Drive The error I started getting came after the quot Verifying Disk Boot Error, Please insert system disk and press enter DMI Pool Disk Boot Error, Please insert system disk and press enter quot then I get quot boot from cd quot quot Disk Boot Error please insert system disk and press enter quot I've tried everything i can think of i've tried every single combination of CD Drives and Hard Drives Including putting it back to the orriginal configuration I've tried using new IDE cables making sure everything is plugged in correctly and such I've even reformatted the main hard drive and reinstalled WinXP Pro which worked til this morning when the same problems started over again I have no idea what's wrong or how to fix it if anyone can help i'd really appreciate it

A:Disk Boot Error, Please insert system disk and press enter

greetings
see if the device manager is clean
remove the added hardware [ i see you said you went to original config]
the 512 ram first
goodluck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disk-boot-error-please-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter-58632.html
Relevancy 99.33%

I started my pc, and i get this error.
"disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter"

Windows 7 will not load

I have the disc which i assume re-installs windows 7?
Will this delete all my files i currently have on the drive? This is my concern

Please be detailed. I'm still pretty much a noobie to pc's

Thanks

Relevancy 99.33%

I pulled the side pannel off my comp last night to clean the dust off side fans Boot Enter System And Disk Failure, Press Disk Insert I somehow accidently unplugged the main hard drive SATA cable Without knowing I tried to start my computer up and of course got an error message I plugged the HDD back in thinking it should boot up fine this time Boot up starts up as normal and goes to the ASUS Crosshair screen where you can enter Bios then goes to a black screen that states quot Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk And Press Enter quot My hard drives are all hooked up and I've gone into BIOS to make sure nothing changed I even set boot priority to CD Rom and put Windows system disk in Every time computer turns on though I get same Disk Boot Failure message I even tried using an older Vista CD hoping it might ask me if I want to reformat Only thing I'm able to do is go into Bios and change things around but cant figure it out

A:Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk And Press Enter

Are you sure you put it back as it was before, worth double checking
Check all other sata and power leads to make sure their pushed fully home

In bios can you see all devices HDDs and optical drives

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/57047-disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-press-enter.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Hey all when I recently turned on my computer I was surprised how long it was stuck on the first screen showing my MoBo and how to access BIOS Sure enough on the next screen it displayed the error message SYSTEM BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER I looked this error up Disk System Press Disk Boot Insert and Failure, Enter online and found some helpful threads I decided to go into BIOS and check that my Hard drive was listed as first priority in the boot list but the only option I had was Add-In Bootable Cards So I left it and instead changed the other settings underneath don t remember the exact name for it to HDD as first CDROM as second and Floppy as third The only other settings I changed was to enable USB mouse and keyboard compatibility because when the error first occured and I inserted my XP disk I could not press enter don t know if this would change that or not I then saved Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter my settings and rebooted However now my computer seems to be frozen on the first screen and I cannot even get into BIOS to change the settings I don t Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter know if there is anything that can be done to fix this but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know thanks nbsp

Relevancy 99.33%

Hello everyone, i have a problem with hard drive. I tried to add 1TB HDD from my old pc to new one as a second hard drive, ive connected everything and tried to boot my pc. I got this message "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". I checked in bios and it didn't find my hard drive, then i unpluged all my hard drives and put old hdd from my old pc with windows 7 and it worked, but of course i got bsod. Now even my first hard drive doesn't work i get the same message. Can anyone help me ?

Have you switched the jumper settings on the old one to slave?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/115420-disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-press-enter.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi!I have a HDD with a problem such that when I boot my machine with boot sequence first boot device CD-ROM and second boot device HDD,the machine does not recognize any of the boot devices and indicates the error BOOT DISK FAILURE,INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.Even if I re-connect the IDE and power cables for HDD and CD-ROM the same error appears.If I disconnect the HDD and boot with only the CD-ROM,the CD-ROM is recognized and when I put the first boot device as the HDD the error still appears..When I replace the HDD with another one,the replacing HDD is recognized by the machine.How do I solve my problem above and boot my HDD?

Please respond as soon as possible and I shall be infinitely grateful.Thanks in advance.

A:Boot Disk Failure Insert System Disk And Press Enter

Can you access the master hard drive when jumpered as Slave and the other as master... or when you change the cable locations for cable select?
If you can, run the drive fitness test of the hard drive manufacturer. I suspect you will find a failed S.M.A.R.T. test, and probably other errors in the extended test... Particularly if it is a WD, Hitachi, or Maxtor drive.
If the drive is failing a "REPAIR" windows may work, but it will not last for long.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-disk-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter.103753/
Relevancy 99.33%

Today while i was watching a video on my computer, it suddendly crashed and showed me a blue screen. I immideately pressed the restart button and as i was waiting for the pc to boot i got this message: "Disk boot failure, please insert system disk and press enter". I have had this blue screen multiple times in the past but it is the first time i get this message...

It has started to get on my nerves, having in mind that i've been trying to find a solution for about 3 hours now..

Thanks in advance..

A:Disk boot failure, please insert system disk and press enter

- check the boot order in your bios
- try running repair with operating system CD
- with all the BSODs, you will either have to diagnose those or do a clean install.
- you could go to c:/windows/minidump -> zip your dmp files -> and upload to this site using the paperclip

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/106329-disk-boot-failure-please-insert-system-disk-press-enter.html
Relevancy 99.33%

hi, i'm new here, this is the message i am now getting on my computer which is a hp pavilion 733n with windows xp home. please help me!
joe

A:disk boot failure please insert system disk and press enter

oh yeah, it tries to read the floppy drive then says there is disk boot failure. how can i get it to not try to boot from the floppy drive?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disk-boot-failure-please-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter-20777.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Hello. I was uninstalling Norton Antivirus 2005 and during the uninstallation process, the PC rebooted (without warning me) and then the computer sat at a black screen. The screen said "disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter". Can you please let me know what might be causing the problem? I haven't made any recent hardware or software changes to the computer (other than attempting to uninstall Norton Antivirus 2005). Please let me know if you have any suggestions to fix this problem. I have already tried changing the boot order sequence in the bios, but that did not fix the problem. Thanks!

Relevancy 99.33%

I recently built my own PC and I had a friend come over and help install the OS, first we installed Windows 98 and everything worked fine and then we installed the Windows XP Upgrade, now whenever my computer starts up it says "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" and just sits there, so I put in the Windows XP Upgrade disc and hit enter and if you wait it will start up normally. And I do not understand it. Does anybody know what I can do?

boot from the xp cd and choose install
ignore the first repair option and continue with install
when windows finds previous installation then choose repair
you will have to reload video drivers and any ms updates but it will leave your files intact

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter.153672/
Relevancy 99.33%

Hello guys!

I've problem with my PC. 2 days before this problem happened,I send my PC to computer shop to be formatted. 2 days after being formatted,there's something wrong with the PC when BIOS startup screen showing a statement : 'Primary master drive fails'. Below this statement there was an option,either press F1 to CONTINUE or DEL to enter setup.so i press F1. Then come out another warning : 'DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER'. Please help me,I don't know what to do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-press-enter.969178/
Relevancy 99.33%

i am a begginer in the terms of my computer literacy and i need some serious help. When i start my compaq desk top computer, the message disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter pops up after about one min. of a black screen and blinking cursor. I have already checked to make sure that every thing is hooked up correctly and that there is no external devvice or cd in or attached to the system. I pressed the F8 key to try and make sure the system line up was correct, but the screen does not change when i press it. I also do not have a recovery disk as far as i know..Can anyone help me?

Relevancy 99.33%

I come to my PC ant saw black screen which says: "Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter". Inserted Vista CD and selected boot CDROM first - nothing. What can be the problem? What should I do?

When you boot from CDROM absolutely nothing happens after POST? No messages, nothing?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter-399699.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Hello! I woke up this morning, and I found that my computer was displaying this message, "Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter". There are a ton of needed documents on the computer, and I'm hoping that they can be saved some way.

Can anyone tell me why this is appearing? and
How do I fix this?

Thank you for your help!

Relevancy 99.33%

I have disk Disk boot enter system insert and failure, press a rebuilt desktop computer that has a Maxtor HD and a secondary HD that I installed in it immediately after purchase It has been running fine ever since I purchased it Although I have internet on it the primary function of this computer is to store information off my surveillance my cameras around my home Although the cameras don t run I do not shut the computer off and it is on continuously When I walked in last night to review the footage of that day I was greeted with the quot Disk Boot Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter Failure Insert System Disk and Press Enter quot message Needless to say I was shocked by the message and even more surprised when I realized that I didn t have the boot disk cd Nothing has been installed or taken off since the first installation The internet is on only when someone powers up the hot spot wireless device As I am the only one that has access to the computer I can imagine it having a virus because I don t surf on it Very seldom do I use the internet My OS is Vista and the Maxtor is a GB HD while the secondary is GB HD Could anyone tell me how to fix this problem nbsp

That Maxtor 40GB must be over 5 years old, right? If so, you will need to replace it. They don't last forever. One thing, is the clock and time correct?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter.172471/
Relevancy 99.33%

Help. I just built a new computer and I don't know what's going on. I keep getting the error: disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter

Here's my scoop:
-All new parts: IBM 30GB 7200rpm, P3 800EB, Aopen AX3S pro,128mb ram, 52x standard cd, standard floppy.
-Boot sequence = a,c
-I am trying to use a win98 boot disk (tried 2)
-followed my motherboard's instructions exactly
-CMOS and POST detect everything successfully

Everything checks out. What else is there? Could it be that my hard disk is dead???? A brand new Disk????

Thank you,

Allen

[email protected]
-

A:disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter

double post closing this one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter.42246/
Relevancy 99.33%

Last night my computer worked perfectly normal and smooth However when I wake up in the morning and turn on my computer Help! insert enter. Disk press and boot failure, system disk I get this message quot Disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter quot It just stucks there with the message and not able to continue So I put in my Windows CD and now I m forced to reinstall my Windows I don t mind losing my data but as I click Install Windows it would not install because it cannot detect a Disk to install on I click refresh and load driver but no luck It seems like my Hard Drive is dead or something The only drive I could locate is my CD-Rom drive but no hard drive to install Then I was told to go to BIOs Setup Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter. Help! by hitting F F Delete F or w e keys when my computer first booted I went in there but I don t know how to check if Hard Drive is recognized or not I really want to make sure which exact part of my computer is broken so I don t waste money buying new parts that is still working The problem is I m stuck at the message quot Disk boot failure insert system disk and press Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter. Help! enter quot Nothing i tried can continue not even safe mode So what is wrong Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 99.33%

I had a power outage last night and when I turned the computer back on this morning, it says that error. "Disk Boot Failure - Insert system disk and press enter"

I do not have a working CD drive in the computer so I hope that doesn't have anything to do with it.

Thanks for the help!
Melanie

Relevancy 99.33%

Hello,
I am getting the following message "Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter" when first time I am starting my system. When I am restarting this then it is ok and no hitch at all. The system is working very much fine. But every first time it shows the message.
I am running WinXP SP3
AMD Phenom II X4 3.2 GHz
Gigabyte 880GM Mobo
2GB RAM
500GB Seagate HDD 7200.12
550W Corsair SMPS

So then , no one has got the answer....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter.965835/
Relevancy 99.33%

Okay every time i start my pc i get this error. I insert my gigabyte system cd with gives me option to backup or reboot.
Back up = error dont have enough hard disk space
reboot = nothing the same error as in the title

I ask you to answer me this quickly because i need my pc badly at this time.
I would like to get it solved very soon but its your decision.

if it happens that you are prompted by the following error message "DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER", "No system disk", it means that the computer did not find the operating system to start (boot).

Causes:
A diskette or CD has remained in the drive

Check out if any diskettes, CD-ROM or DVD-ROM are present in respective drives, remove them and restart your computer

The boot sequence is incorrect BIOS

Enter the BIOS setup of your computer and edit the boot (boot sequence) so that the computer starts primarily on drive C:

A new hard drive was installed

In the case that a new hard drive has been installed, this message is quite normal.
Just insert the correct CD to install the system (usually Windows), then restart, while making sure the CD-ROM is first in the defined in the BIOS setup as first boot sequence.

The hard drive is unplugged

Open the system unit and check that power cable of the hard drive is properly connected.

Corrupted system files

It may happens that some system files needed to boot the computer have been deleted /damaged or that the boot sector of the disc is damaged.

To determine this, start the computer with a system disk or CD-ROM installation of Windows (via the Recovery Console), and once started, type Dir C: to check if the contents of drive C: are accessible. If its ok then the problem comes from missing or damaged files, then you just have to run the command:
fdisk /mbr
sys c:

Note that before any restoration of the boot sector with the command fdisk / mbr, (supposing that there is a virus), it is recommended to use an antivirus running under DOS, such as
f-prot.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/166454/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/69013/en-us

Damaged disk

If the hard disk or a partition is damaged:
If it detected in the BIOS setup, there is a chance that it is
not out of service.
If it is, try reinstalling the system through the installation CD, in order to reformat or recover the partition using a utility.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter.876962/
Relevancy 99.33%

BOOT DISK FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER
That is what my comp says when I try and start my PC without the XP disc in. I am on it right now and have no problems, but for some reason I can't start up my computer without putting my System Disk in. And I am totally lost.

Relevancy 99.33%

Hey guys i would like to have help with this windows message: disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter.

I have went into the Bios and next hard drive it says none....does anyone have any idea on what i can do?

Thank you very much

If your system is a desktop, take the side off the case and check the connections to the hard disk, and the connection from the disk to the motherboard. It's amazing how often the connections come loose.

Another possibility-the cables need to be replaced.

It's also possible that your hard drive has died and needs to be replaced.

In BIOS, is it set to automatically detect the hard drive? If not, change it to auto. Make sure to save the change.
While in BIOS, check the boot order. There are two schools of thought here-set your cd drive as first boot device, the hard drive as second. The theory is that you'll be able to boot from a cd if the need arises. The other side says to set your hard drive as the first boot device.

The CMOS battery on the motherboard may need to be replaced. Weird things can happen when the battery dies. And this is the cheapest thing to replace-it's worth a shot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/121042/disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter/
Relevancy 99.33%

I have recently ran into some serious trouble with my new Western Digital Caviar Black GB Hard drive In order for anyone to help me you must be updated with everything I have tried and the circumstances surrounding it It all started randomly The night before I finished playing HoN and then simply shut off my computer Nothing out of the system and Disk enter disk Please failure. insert press boot ordinary happened Then Magically the next day I turn on the computer and I get this son of a b error saying quot DISK BOOT FAILURE quot I am running two Operatings Systems Vista on the WD GB and Windows on the Caviar Black GB I decided to keep Vista just in case and it turned out to be a good idea otherwise I would have to write this from the library Disk boot failure. Please insert system disk and press enter I have tried almost every suggested solution to this problem I really do not want to reformat my hard drive I have valuable pictures and memories that I need An important note The hard drive is recognized in the Bios but when running windows the drive does not appear and therefore I cannot access it Before the incident I could access the GB from Windows and I could have gotten all the files however I cannot do this Visa Versa access the GB from Windows Vista I am not sure what this means but hopefully it means the hard drive is not completely broken but quite a paradox I have tried to swap out SATA Cables both drives are SATA btw I have swapped SATA slots I have tried to run off of the CD however when asking which OS to select none are present and therefore none of the repair programs fix anything I have also tried the Bootrec exe commands and I get an quot Element not found quot error on commands the only one that works is the FixMbr which says command successful or something to that effect I have accessed the Boot Menu and selected Hard Drive for all but that didn't work NOthing seems to work and I am afraid I must reinstall and lose all Data PLEASE HELP ME I am going to burn my comp

A:Disk boot failure. Please insert system disk and press enter

Download this liveCD and boot your computer with it. Very carefully check to see if the partition for your Windows 7 drive is deleted or corrupt etc. You can use this software to UNDELETE and fix some known problems.

AGAIN BE CAREFUL it is very easy to DELETE a partition.

GParted -- Live CD/USB/PXE/HD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/91415-disk-boot-failure-please-insert-system-disk-press-enter.html
Relevancy 99.33%

I am having problems with Press and System Insert Boot Disk Disk Failure, Enter my desktop PC I have had a new hard drive installed around months to a year ago not exactly sure when and never had problems with it in the beginning Now whenever i switch on the PC it takes longer than usual at the first black start up screen then it takes me to the next black screen which reads DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER I decided to open up the PC casing and have a look inside i unplugged the HDD and then replugged it in and switched the PC on To my surprise the PC was now working again and i thought i had fixed it Although When on the computer i randomly get a blue screen that comes up which reads A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware of software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer Press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe mode Technical Information a whole bunch of letters and numbers Beginning dump of physical memory So i restart and put in my Windows XP disc and press enter it starts up with the blue screen for windows setup and loads my files But then the next screen i see reads Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program Setup cannot continue To quit setup press F So i press F which restarts the computer which then leads me once again to the black screen with the error message When my PC starts up i hit delete to enter SETUP I enter Advanced BIOS Features and set my First Boot Device as HDD- which is Boot from First HDD There is also the option to choose HDD- or i ve tried all of these but nothing solves the problem My second boot device is CDROM third is Floppy and so on So please if anybody could help me on this issue i would really appreciate it I have a laptop but my sister desperately needs to use this PC to do school work and also because she has work saved on it I also have a whole heap of stuff saved on the HDD and was hoping i dont lose it all Thanks in advance Francesco nbsp

A:Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter

don-francesco said:

I am having problems with my desktop PC..
I have had a new hard drive installed around 6 months to a year ago (not exactly sure when) and never had problems with it in the beginning.
Now whenever i switch on the PC it takes longer than usual at the first black start up screen, then it takes me to the next black screen which reads:
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.
I decided to open up the PC casing and have a look inside, i unplugged the HDD and then replugged it in and switched the PC on. To my surprise, the PC was now working again and i thought i had fixed it. Although..
When on the computer, i randomly get a blue screen that comes up which reads:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware of software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.
If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer. Press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe mode.
Technical Information (a whole bunch of letters and numbers)
Beginning dump of physical memory.

So i restart and put in my Windows XP disc and press enter, it starts up with the blue screen for windows setup and loads my files. But then the next screen i see reads:

Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer.
Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer, and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program.
Setup cannot continue. To quit setup, press F3.

So i press F3 which restarts the computer which then leads me once again to the black screen with the error message.

When my PC starts up i hit delete to enter SETUP. I enter Advanced BIOS Features and set my First Boot Device as HDD-0 which is Boot from First HDD. There is also the option to choose HDD-1,2 or 3, i've tried all of these but nothing solves the problem. My second boot device is CDROM, third is Floppy and so on.

So please if anybody could help me on this issue i would really appreciate it! I have a laptop but my sister desperately needs to use this PC to do school work, and also because she has work saved on it. I also have a whole heap of stuff saved on the HDD and was hoping i dont lose it all.

Thanks in advance
FrancescoClick to expand...
Just so we are clear, you only have one hard drive correct? The three most likely things starting from easiest to fix to worst are:

Bad hard drive cable. You didn't specify whether your drive was IDE or SATA. Regardless, try replacing the cable.

Bad hard drive. The only option here is a new one. However if you can install a new OS you may be able to access the files on the old hardrive once you get it up and running.

Bad motherboard. All you can do here is replace it. The advantage here is if you replace it with the exact same model you don't have to reinstall the OS. If not, you do.

The fact that you unplugged it and plugged it back in and it worked, leads me to believe you've got a bad cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter.801589/
Relevancy 99.33%

Ok here's what I was doing. I was replacing my dad's crappy 300w power supply in exchange for a better 450w one in preparation for the arrival of a new processor, amd6000, and a new graphics card, radeon 3870. Except now, no matter which power supply I have in it says, "Disk boot failure. Insert system disk and press enter." So what did I do? Did I kill the hard drive somehow? Every thing's plugged in, I think. Now I'm sitting here with a sparkly new graphics card and processor and nothing to do with them. What do I do now?

Current set up is some HP thing with 1gb of RAM, Windows XP, an amd 3800, an nVidia 7300gt, and a 160 gig HD.

Relevancy 99.33%

Hi

i just built my own PC, the parts can be seen in my profile.

Any way, when i turn on my PC i get a Error saying: DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER. But when i put in the system disk and press enter i just get the same error again.

Ive been googling a little and to speed it up ill try to give some info to rule some stuff out.
Ive checked the BIOS and set the boot sequence to 1. CD 2. HDD 3. non.
The System disk im using is Windows Vista Home Premium (not a copy).
There is no scratches on the CD.

So far i think that it might be that the CD drive is damage.

Can anyone give me some advise? ill try my best to answer any questions if any are asked.

Thx in advanced

Relevancy 99.33%

I recently swapped out my Maxtor GB Master and GB Slave harddrive for a Western Digital GB harddrive When I boot I get the Disk Boot Error My boot order is CD-ROM - gt HDD - gt HDD I have a CD-ROM RW and DVD-ROM RW and they are cabled and mastered slaved properly I m trying to install Boot Insert Enter Press Error, System Disk Please Disk and Windows XP on this new HDD but I can t get to anything in windows such as partioning etc I believe it is a hardware issue but I m not sure I tried resetting the battery on my Mobo switching in and out different peripherals but nothing is working I know the CD-ROM and DVD-ROM are working as the CD is Disk Boot Error, Please Insert System Disk and Press Enter still spinning when I open them I took out the slave drive just so I can see if I can get by all this to install windows to the big drive and just add the other one later but I m still having the problem The only problems I can see happening are Bad cables Bad Mobo Bad CDROM Bad Disk Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Disk Boot Error, Please Insert System Disk and Press Enter

Help me, please!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-boot-error-please-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter.92577/