Windows Support Forum

Solved: How to remove user password?

Q: Solved: How to remove user password?

I have a new Win8 computer & was instructed to enter a password to access it. I want to remove that password. It is frustrating to have to enter a password every time I want to get on. Thanks in advance for any help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: How to remove user password?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 67.94%

I have a HP 17-f020us 17.3-Inch Touchscreen Laptop with window 8. I dont what to have to remove the battery to do this. Way to much for me to try to do. I would like to know how to do it through the Bios.
Thank you,
Rhonda

Relevancy 63.64%

XP Pro, not networked, only one actual user in home/home office situation, although there are a couple of unused accounts on the machine.

I am logged as the user with administrator priviliges and want to remove the password from the account. Open Control Panel-User Accounts, select user, click remove password.

Windows asks for current password, I type the current password, Windows replies:

"Windows cannot remove the password. Password and/or account policies require the account to have a password."

I go to Admin Tools- Local Security Settings-Account Policy-Password Policy and set the minimum password length to 0. This is supposed to allow blank (no) password.

Still can not remove password.

Restart Windows. Try again. Same message.

Is there another setting somewhere I am missing?

A:can not remove xp user password

I suspect that while other accounts exist on the PC you may not be able to remove the admin password?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-remove-xp-user-password.473047/
Relevancy 62.78%

This is what happened: I had Vista Ultimate on my computer, I changed my password and when I tried to log on, the password i was using wouldn't work. I really needed to use my computer that night so i installed vista basic on another partition.

I can access the file on the other partition but i need to get access to the OS, seeing that the vista basic has expired now and I cant afford to get an update.

I just need to know if there is a way to retrieve or remove the password from the other partition of the hard disk using the partition i have access to?

Any help will be appreciated.

A:Retrieve or remove user password

Please read our rules.

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/retrieve-or-remove-user-password.1023712/
Relevancy 62.78%

A friend of mine has a Windows Pro system and she is tired of having to enter the password all Windows the let user password? won't us 8.1 remove Pro the time and just wants there to be no password on the system But when I tried to help do that set a blank password it generates an error The password you entered doesn't meet password policy Windows 8.1 Pro won't let us remove the user password? requirements Try one that's longer or more complex So I googled that and came up with a fix involving going into secpol msc and disabling complex password requirements under the Password policy Problem is it was already disabled In that section of the policy manager is shows minimum password length and password complexity requirements Disabled I also tried creating another admin account and I was able to create a second account that was an administrator and that had no password but when I logged into that Test user and tried to remove the password from the original user it gave me the same error above We don't want to create a new user and move all her stuff over And we don't want to install an autologin option We simply want the existing user account to have no login password Windows 8.1 Pro won't let us remove the user password? How can we get this account to not have a password So far I am stumped have I overlooked anything obvious Again we DO have the current password and it works BUT we want to be able to log into the machine with NO password required - we want to remove the password from the User How Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/71367-windows-8-1-pro-wont-let-us-remove-user-password.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I just realized that I no longer remember the user password for the BIOS. I still remember the supervisior password though. While it is true that knowing the supervisor password makes forgetting the user password not a problem, it still bothers me that I can't get rid of it. I do have an idea though. I'm thinking that removing the supervisor password will also remove the user password. Will this work? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/How-can-I-remove-the-user-password-on-Aspire-E5-571-53S1-UEFI/td-p/453816
Relevancy 62.35%

I went on vacation recently and before leaving I created a password for my computers Control Panel - gt User Accounts so that the guy I Unable my remove in to User (XP-Pro) Accounts password did it mainly for his unknown friends he brings over who was looking after the house couldn t use them while we were away When I got back and tried removing the password on the BenQ I saw there was no quot Remove my password quot choice to click on in the User Accounts There s a link to change my password but none to remove it So now I m stuck having to type my password every time I turn on or restart my system The system with the problem is a BenQ brand o a years old with XP-Pro on it Ghz cpu with - Gb ram Please see the BenQ screenshot of the User Accounts window to see what Unable to remove my password in User Accounts (XP-Pro) I m talking about at http img imageshack Unable to remove my password in User Accounts (XP-Pro) us img pa problem jpgMy other PC next to the BenQ is an eMachine with XP-Media Center Edition on it Ghz cpu with Gb ram and I had no problem removing my password since the quot Remove my password quot link is there to click on Please see the eMachine screenshot of this window to compare the windows of each system at http img imageshack us img re wordvisible jpgAnybody got a solution or ideas for me to get this password removed and get the quot Remove my password quot link back in place where it belongs Thanx so much in advance

A:Unable to remove my password in User Accounts (XP-Pro)

Click on change my password and leave the line that you would normally put a different password into blank and see if it will accept it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330422/unable-to-remove-my-password-in-user-accounts-xp-pro/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello, all. I promise I searched for this answer but I cannot find it, and using the "Logon Workshop" program was of no help. I have already removed the user picture frame and version branding from my logon screen, but I would like to remove the username as well, leaving on the box to type in my password.

Please advise. Thank you all in advance for your time and great job offering the myriad support you already have!

-E

A:How do I remove the user name from logon, leaving only password box?

Hello KakaruPilot, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It's not exactly what you are wanting, but if you like, you could set it to where users must enter both a user name and password to not see the user names.

Log On with User Name and Password

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/314762-how-do-i-remove-user-name-logon-leaving-only-password-box.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi again all,

I've just bought a second hand hard drive which I've discovered has a "Hard Drive User Password" on it, is it at all possible to remove this password?

I don't mind if it wipes all the data from it as the drive is going to be wiped anyway.

The laptop will not let me boot from any CD without putting in the hard drive's password which is really annoying as I was hoping to use "Active Killdisk" to remove it but it won't let me get as far as to boot from the CD when the hard drive is connected in the laptop.

The hard drive is a Western Digital WD1600BEVS, is there a way of completely wiping it so the password is removed?

Many kind thanks

A:Can I remove a hard drive user password?

How are you connecting the hard drive? Is it internal to the PC, using a cable to the motherboard? Or, is it external to the PC, using drive case and a USB cable?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/320139-can-i-remove-hard-drive-user-password.html
Relevancy 61.49%

hello sorry for remove back user my revert it i password, account but bad english yesterday i buy ssd for my notebook so i installed windows ultimate bit using file ISO X - then i install it i give the username in the setup as quot my name quot then when the setup asking for password lets say i fill it with quot qwerty quot as my password okay my installation is done when it comes to windows logon it asking for password so i put my password earlier quot qwerty quot but it says password incorrect i dont know what happen but im sure that i didnt put my password wrongly because its really easy to remember actually my plan i remove my user account password, but it revert back is to change password when i arrive at desktop but i stuck at windows logon so i restart my notebook and go to safe mode go to the i remove my user account password, but it revert back user account at control panel and remove the password okay now my password is removed but i want to make sure so i close the user account windows then i go to the user account again but i surprised that my account still have password i dont know why its still have password so i remove again but its revert again so i delete that account and make new administrator account lets say the name of the new admin account is quot anon quot and that's worked now i can go pass the windows logon and go to the desktop but the name quot anon quot i dont like it cause i just randomly give the name I want the name that I've used when installing windows its quot my name quot so i created another administator account and give the name as quot my name quot but it suddenly have password again omg i dont know what to do so i assume the name when i put when installing windows is still stuck with the password so how to make the password completely gone im asking this because i've experienced something more unusual years ago i reinstalled my windows and install windows that time i didnt put any password just blank but when it comes to windows logon it asking password so i want to know what the cause of this problem thx for helping

A:i remove my user account password, but it revert back

Delete the strange account totally (when logged on good working account). Reboot (not necessary I think). Strange account is really gone? Remake the account without a password. Works?
Set password on that again

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/289792-i-remove-my-user-account-password-but-revert-back.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello everybody,

In our organization we have 50 xp running machines. & a DC win 2003 they all connected with exchange server 2003. For this purpose we have configured ms outlook 2003 for all users. Recently when they are triyng to open Internet Explorer it asks for thier userneme & password again & again. what could be the problem.
thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Asking for user name & password

Is it the Outlook name and pass? If it is, has someone configured Outlook to be the mail handler for IE in Internet Options?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asking-for-user-name-password.813396/
Relevancy 53.75%

My desktop Windows 7 PC is sick. When it finishes booting the log in page is displayed but only one user name is displayed, and the password (that my wife had taped to the display) is declined. There is no "Guest Account" or "Administrator Account" option displayed.

So far as I can tell, the only solution is to treat it like a lost password and re-install Windows using the format option which I believe means losing all files including all data files. Someone please tell me this ain't so!

JO

A:[SOLVED] User Account Password?

If you can't remember the password then you are correct you'll need to reinstall Windows.

We can not assist with with the bypass of passwords. It is against the forum rules.

This thread will now be locked. If you do require help on the reinstall you may create a new thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-user-account-password-694540.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Developers created an application using C # and .Net.
It is being used in Windows XP, IE 6.0.

On one page, there are buttons called Approve and Reject. When the user clicks the buttons, a pop up window appears asking the user to enter a password.

This works fine on most people's machine.
But on one guy's laptop, the pop up box appears, but it doesn't load properly. (see attachment for 2 screenshots).

He tried logging into another user's machine and all worked well. So the problem seems to be a setting on his laptop. He just got a new laptop about 2 months ago, so it's not a memory problem.

Any ideas on why the pop up box doesn't load correctly on his laptop?

Thanks,

A:Solved: Password box not loading for one user

The problem was fixed by installing a MS Java hotfix.

Thanks anyway!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-password-box-not-loading-for-one-user.502864/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am trying to connect to my Server, but it is asking for a User Name and Password. This Server (and network) were set up a long time ago, and no one knows the user name or password. I have heard there is a way to go into a computer and figure it out. Can someone please help.

I am sending a picture of the box that I get. I have tried entering user names and passwords that were in use back when this was first set up, but they are not working. I also noticed that when I entered a user name, it would come back with the "name of my computer"/"User Name Entered".

Relevancy 53.75%

Okay....

2003 domain, and Exch 2003 for email.

We change passwords every 30 days ( policy)

So one of my users changed thier password and now can no longer access network resources. She cant open her email ether because we store the PST file in a mapped my documents folder.

SO when I try to open her my documents it wants me to athenticate. So I put her user name and password in, in the following format

domain\user
password

It just bounces me back to the logon box..

I have reset the password again I have power cycled her machine and rebooted all the DC's and the Exchange box.

I dont understand...

If I change the password and I am able to logon that mean I am using the correct credentials, cause I am not logging on with chached ones. I dont know maybe someone has had something like this before.

A:Solved: User password error

Issue seems to have resolved its self. Must have been an issue with AD replicating or something I dunno, will mark as solved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-user-password-error.482112/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have windows XP Home SP3. I bought Buffalo AirStation WHR-HP-G54 wireless router. I tried to access the router on the browser using 192.168.11.1 and then ask for user name and password. the manual says that the username is "root" and leave the password blank I did that but I couldn't access the router.

I reset the router using the rest button. The router IP becomes 192.168.1.1, Now I try to acccess the router but the username and password still wrong.

the router is working and I can use the internet but I need to access the router to make my network secure because now it has no encryption.

How can I figure out the username and password?

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone,
I hope that you can help me.
My friend has forgotten his user password to log onto his XP system. His memory isn't very good and he just can't remember.
Is there any way to log onto this computer, as his wife runs a business and there is information in it she needs. Formatting it isn't an option at this time.

Thanking you in advance for all your help,
Nettie

Relevancy 53.75%

here is my system info OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Cannot password Solved: user change Antivirus System Shield Updated and Enabled The problem when I got to user account to change pw I am the only on on my pc when I go to change it the first thing happens is user account goes in to not responding then I get this message Unsupported Keyboard Layout Then it tells me on how Solved: Cannot change user password my pw will not work on preboot security which I don t have on then it tells me to view a list of keyboard layouts it goes to not responding right away never get keyboard lay out screen then I get password you typed does nt meet requirements I have know idea any info would help I know it late to noght I been on in the morning tks nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

So I just acquired a new wireless router an ASUS RT-AC R and I installed everything and setup my user name and password to what I normally use for my routers and such Shortly after I set up some of the port forwarding for my roommates Apple TV and at the very end of the changes getting applied it pops up with quot The server requires a username and password The server says RT-AC R quot and asks for the User password name changed Solved: Router and/or user somehow Name and Password I type in the user name and password that I had set up the router with and it doesn Solved: Router user name and/or password somehow changed t work Port was one of the ports Solved: Router user name and/or password somehow changed that I opened for the Apple TV so I thought that maybe it had to be my roommates iTunes user name and password or Solved: Router user name and/or password somehow changed mine and neither work I have tried to do the firmware restoration through the Firmware Restoration Utility that comes with the router and I get about half way through every time and then it says quot Failed to upload the firmware Please check the connection between your computer and router quot Please someone let me know what it is I m doing wrong or what I can do to fix this problem it is driving me nuts UPDATE I was successfully able to restore the firmware via the utility given with the router however when I tried to run the Setup Wizard afterwards and get to the screen asking for the password I tried quot admin quot for both which is the default and it did not work I also tried the user name and password I setup the router with and those did not work either If there is a way I can reinstall everything with the router from scratch and set up a new user name and password that would be great nbsp

A:Solved: Router user name and/or password somehow changed

Apparently there's a button on the back to do a factory reset, looks like it's fixed... Still don't know how my user name and password was changed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-router-user-name-and-or-password-somehow-changed.1074278/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am the only person that uses my pc. If I remove my master password from firefox should there be any worry about someone getting my passwords. Or is a master password only needed when multiple people use the same physical pc?

A:[SOLVED] Do you need a master password for single pc user?

Even if you are the only user on your PC, it might be advised to use the Master Password feature for the best security. You can find info about using Master Password at the Mozilla Help Site

Generally, you want your passwords to be as secure as possible, so it might not be a good idea to store them in Firefox at all, since it may be possible for others hacking into your computer to easily find them. As an alternative, I recommend KeePass, which has much more advanced security for storing your passwords, and is easy to make entries that will auto-enter your login info to sites. Check it out at their site

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-do-you-need-a-master-password-for-single-pc-user-391812.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Guys I am trying to create users and password in an access database I created I have written the code but its says there is error and I cant find the errror I need your help please Here is the code Here is the Users table tblUsers UserID UserName EmpPassword Private Sub cboUsers AfterUpdate After selecting user name set focus to password field Me txtPassword SetFocus End Sub Private Sub cmdLogin Click Check to see if data is entered into the UserName combo box If IsNull Me cboUsers Or in Access User with Password Creating Solved: and Help Me cboUsers quot quot Then MsgBox Solved: Help with Creating User and Password in Access quot You must enter a User Name quot vbOKOnly quot Required Data quot Me cboUsers SetFocus Exit Sub End If Check to see if data is entered into the password box If IsNull Me txtPassword Or Me txtPassword quot quot Then MsgBox quot You must enter a Password quot vbOKOnly quot Required Data quot Me txtPassword SetFocus Exit Sub End If Check value of password in tblUsers to see if this matches value chosen in combo box If Me txtPassword Value DLookup quot EmpPassword quot quot tblUsers quot quot UserID quot amp Me cboUsers Value Then lngMyUserID Me cboUsers Value Close logon form and open MainSwitchboard screen DoCmd Close acForm quot frmLogon quot acSaveNo DoCmd OpenForm quot frmMainSwitchboard quot Else MsgBox quot Password Invalid Please Try Again quot vbOKOnly quot Invalid Entry quot Me txtPassword SetFocus End If If User Enters incorrect password times database will shutdown intLogonAttempts intLogonAttempts If intLogonAttempts gt Then MsgBox quot You do not have access to this database Please contact admin quot vbCritical quot Restricted Access quot Application Quit End If Check to see if data is entered into the password box If IsNull Me txtPassword Or Me txtPassword quot quot Then MsgBox quot You must enter a Password quot vbOKOnly quot Required Data quot Me txtPassword SetFocus Exit Sub End If Check value of password in tblUsers to see if this matches value chosen in combo box If Me txtPassword Value DLookup quot EmpPassword quot quot tblUsers quot quot UserID quot amp Me cboUsers Value Then lngMyUserID Me cboUsers Value Close logon form and open MainSwitchboard DoCmd Close acForm quot frmLogon quot acSaveNo DoCmd OpenForm quot frmMainSwitchboard quot Else MsgBox quot Password Invalid Please Try Again quot vbOKOnly quot Invalid Entry quot Me txtPassword SetFocus End If If User Enters incorrect password times database will shutdown intLogonAttempts intLogonAttempts If intLogonAttempts gt Then MsgBox quot You do not have access to this database Please contact admin quot vbCritical quot Restricted Access quot Application Quit End If End Sub Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I have three different MS Access applications that run on user in vba Prompt password for Access Solved: MS a SQL backend For the Access front ends I am utilizing Jet mdw file for User level security Scope of the applications has increased to where we are using eForms across multiple business sites What I would like to do is enhance user Solved: Prompt for user password in MS Access vba security by tapping into Jet through vba before an activity is recorded under that user s name and date stamped which is something as close to an electronic signature that Access could get I think This would be a separate step from initial application log on which I already have users do Ideally the user would press a button to sign a form the vba subroutine would prompt the user to enter his application password then verify the password against the users mdw file and then stamp the record with user name and date I know how to do everything except the password verification part I am familiar with DAO ADO and ADOX protocols within vba but all I can find is code to set up a new user and assign a password but not verify a self-prescribed password of a Solved: Prompt for user password in MS Access vba user Does anybody have any comments suggestions Many thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Prompt for user password in MS Access vba

ctwest, sorry for the delay in responding, but Access questions are best posted on the Business Applications forum, even though yours is a programming question.
If you haven't found an answer to this question yet, you do not need to prompt users for their password to identify them.
Access knows who they are when they have logged on, you can identify them using the CurrentUser or Application CurrentUser.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-prompt-for-user-password-in-ms-access-vba.909178/
Relevancy 53.32%

This is another minor annoyance, related to my earlier post today. I attempted to resolve the "Unlock Computer" message in switching users by creating a password for myself in Control Panel/User Accounts. It did not work.
That is, it was not the password required to unlock the pc but now is required whenever I attempt to log on. There seems to be no option to re-set or entirely delete the password, which on my home pc is annoying and unnecessary. I suspect there is a way to do this?

Of course, that still leaves the "unlock computer" problem, but that is another issue.

Thanks,

A:Solved: How can I delete my user password in WinXP?

In the Control Panel under Users just enter blank passwords for you account and it will remove the password.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-can-i-delete-my-user-password-in-winxp.507286/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am trying to add in a User name and password to access my Linksys Router. I want to change it from just entering admin in the password section to my own user name and password. In the router settings I was able to change the password to something else, but unsure of where to add in a User name. Appreciate the help.

Relevancy 53.32%

My PC has been having spontaneous shutdowns for about a year now They happen about once every two weeks Everytime it happens I just hit quot start normal quot after reboot But this time there is a new wrinkle The password I ve used for years isn Vista, Solved: by fix? Password I changed do how User t recognized anymore The password hint is not helpful I tried to follow the Solved: User Password changed by Vista, how do I fix? quot reset password quot route It wanted me to find it on drive quot F quot I have no drive quot F quot Is there anything I can do to find or reset the password I accessed my PC this time using Administrator which I had as an option from other techguy org answers for Solved: User Password changed by Vista, how do I fix? other problems But I want to go in under my normal user name What I see as Administrator is weird Several of the icons at the bottom of the screen are repeated-specifically McAfee and Windows And it took FOREVER after I Solved: User Password changed by Vista, how do I fix? clicked on Administrator to get a web page up And the webpage that came up was Google I have no idea why Please HELP nbsp

A:Solved: User Password changed by Vista, how do I fix?

I restored PC to earlier date (a few days back). Unfortunately it did not fix the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-user-password-changed-by-vista-how-do-i-fix.994810/
Relevancy 53.32%

My operating system is Windows XP, Home Edition. My problem is as follows: My daughter's user account is password protected and for some reason won't recognize the correct password. I have attempted, under her account and under the administrative account, to change the password and also delete it, but the attempted changes are ineffective. I tried making the changes under safe mode, but her account, for some reason, doesn't even appear when I go to User Accounts via the control panel. I considered just transferring her music and photos and setting up a new account. But, her photos are privacy protected so the account won't let me do that.

Relevancy 53.32%

Have Windows XP and had only one account name to log in. Can't remember password. I assume the only way I can get back in is either:
1. Reload windows and start over (unless disc allows me to jump to setting User up), or
2. I've heard there is other software one can use to reveal password or get around it?

pete

A:Solved: User account password forgotten

If you are the System administrator you can start another account Control Panel > User Accounts Otherwise --- ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-user-account-password-forgotten.317016/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I am a brand name asking password pop up 7 user security for Solved: Windows and new joinee of the Tech Guy website and really need some help from the experts out there The problem is as follows I attempt to connect to my wireless broadband connection but when i click connect a windows security pop up arrives stating that I need to provide a username and password for Network authentication I Solved: Windows 7 security pop up asking for user name and password dont have these nor do I believe that I have ever included these perviously This action has only recently appeared and I cannot bypass it Solved: Windows 7 security pop up asking for user name and password I have other computers linked to the same wifi connection and these are operating just fine the problem computer runs Windows and is the only one with Win So at least I know that it is not the internet connection itself Maybe not of any importance but this problem only occurred after the unit ran out of battery power and has not been able to access my broadband service since the subsequent recharge I have visited Win Network centre on the computer to attempt to establish the problem it recognises I have one and been through all the troubleshooting options but no resolution Any assistance would greatly appreciated Some info of the computer if useful Dell xps running Win Home of course Thanks Nigel nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 security pop up asking for user name and password

http://forums.techarena.in/technology-internet/1385145.htm

possibly nothing more than you are not running as administrator, you say its the only one with windows 7-this needs administrator for all sorts of actions

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-security-pop-up-asking-for-user-name-and-password.1032964/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am using Windows XP Home Edition with SP2. When attempting to enter a password through the User Accounts in control panel something went wrong. Now when windows starts the password I thought I had entered does not work. Is there any way to get pass this program and eliminate the password. I am the only user on this computer.

A:Solved: Trouble with a User Account Password

Boot into Safe Mode and log in as administrator, (if you are asked for an admin password, try leaving it blank, as this is the default setting)
Once logged on as admin, you should be able to access the user accounts and change or remove the password.

To get into safe mode, keep tapping the F8 key early in the boot up process (Some keyboards may require you to turn on the F Lock feature first)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trouble-with-a-user-account-password.365080/
Relevancy 52.89%

I bought a used Windows 7 computer from a guy and want to remove his name from the document files, etc. I entered my name as admin and deleted his, but it still shows up in Explorer. Thanks

A:Solved: How to remove old user name from computer

You haven't given a lot of information here, so I will shoot blindly and see if I can help you:

See if the computer is named after him, or if the name is wrong in Control Panel > System > Rename this Computer.

I am not sure if you have done this, but delete his user account and create another one. If you merely rename his account and continue using it, it may still show up in file paths and Explorer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-remove-old-user-name-from-computer.1006205/
Relevancy 52.46%

as part of my job, I have to sign into certain sites using a user name and password. Normally, this is no problem. Today, when I enter the user name and password, the sine in page just resets and shows up as if I had not entered the user name or password at all. It makes me start over again.

When I attempt to sine in from another computer, using the exact same user name and password, it works just fine. I am really stumped. I can access other web sites from this computer, just not some of these sites that I have to user the user name and password.

Any ideas
Confused in Wisconsin

Relevancy 52.46%

I locked my computer today and when the screen came up to log back on, an old user name was in first box. I typed in old password for the account and logged on. Tried again and found i can log on, with that password on both accounts. Even though one account is Non-existant...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-old-user-password-still-works-even-though-account-is-deleted.461872/
Relevancy 52.46%

There are a number of sites that I use often that give you the option of saving your user name and/or password. Until yesterday it worked fine but now if I close and open firefox the user name and/or password is not remembered and I have to reenter.I can't think of any changes made and also under options I have Remember Passwords checked.

Relevancy 52.46%

Have a friend who bought a dell inspirion 1501 that he bought second hand. it runs window vista. problem is there is a user password set and noone knows what it is. the lady who he bought it from said she forgt what it was. Is there a way to bypass this besides doing a clean reformat? or opening it up to try and remove the cmos battery? ( someone told me that wouold work, want to save that as a last resort)

any help???

A:Solved: dell inspirion 1501 user password

Per TSG rules: Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.
My suggestion is to use the restore partition or Vista DVD and put it back like new. Other than that we can't offer assistance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-inspirion-1501-user-password.857706/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am a Vista Home Premium user It all started when I kept getting a User Name and Initials prompt upon opening any Office document WORD or EXCEL I troubleshooted Log-On Account Prompt Off Solved: User Password for in Can't and Turn the issue uninstalled and reinstalled Office and still the nagging prompt panel Upon Googling the issue I discovered that I was unable to open or change permissions in the registry User Info file in the registry Still researching this issue just today I am now when the UAC kicks in getting a prompt to Solved: Can't Turn Off Prompt for Password in User Account and Log-On enter my OS log-on password When I put in the password it doesn t take it and the prompt for password screen returns I believe that the registry has locked this feature and I am thus unable to get the password to register This is alarming Is this an indication of malware or virus I am presently running Trend Micro but have no idea how to proceed I went to try and turn off UAC but when I click to do this it prompts for my password doesn t take the password so I am not able to access this feature Any help would be greatly appreciated I am sorry if I am being unclear but basically I am getting the OS password now--when for example I right click on a program and go to RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR the password prompt comes up nbsp

A:Solved: Can't Turn Off Prompt for Password in User Account and Log-On

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-turn-off-prompt-for-password-in-user-account-and-log-on.834831/
Relevancy 52.46%

i have been playing yahtzee at games.com for about a year and a half. i have a user name and password. since the site went down for about a week in october, i have not been able to get into the game lobbies with my user name and password, but i can play as a guest. can you tell me what changed. i really miss playing, nobody wants to play a guest!

A:[SOLVED] Can't Get Into Game Lobbies On Games.com With User Name And Password

Hello daisy, welcome to the site!

Try re-registering.

I don't know much about on-line games but I do know that some sites that go off-line for a while are upgrading thier software or putting in "new and improved servers" and such...you might have to choose a different user name and password...if yours was lost in the transfer...

BOL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-get-into-game-lobbies-on-games-com-with-user-name-and-password.103220/
Relevancy 52.03%

Is it possible to remove the password to your pc account.
I do not have a Microsoft account connected, since i belived that you could remove it then. But i cannot find out :P

My system is Windows 8.1

A:[SOLVED] Remove login password

Follow what's seen here:

a. Press “Windows Key + R”.
b. Type “netplwiz”.
c. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes.
d. User Account pop windows will appear.
e. Uncheck the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer box, and click/tap on OK.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-remove-login-password-1015306.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I am computer challenged! I have Windows XP Pro dial up. I was trying to download AVG Free edition which I have done before with no problem. I made several attempts and was told to remove other antivirus spy ware. That seemed to be working after 4 hrs I was asked for my administrator password. I didn't have one and I never had to do it before. I was advised to create one, so I did. That didn't work either now its worse for other things as well. Is there a way to get rid of the password and restore it to back to were it was originally. I tried system restore but that didn't work. Thanks!

Relevancy 52.03%

Many websites require a username and password to log in (such as this one). Often there is a box to tick to "remember password". Alternatively, sometimes Windows produces a pop-up box to say that Windows can remember the password for you. I make a habit of never ticking these boxes, however somehow I have accidentally clicked on one such "Do you want windows to remember the password?" as yes instead of No and now on the particular site when I type in my username the password is automatically filled in.
There isn't any option on the site to "remember" password which I can uncheck. I tried deleting all my temp files and cookies but of course it didn't work. I'd really like not to have the password automatically put in. How can I reverse this please?

System : XP

Relevancy 52.03%

I have installed a speech-to-text software application and during the initial setup it asks me if I want to participate in data collection to be sent Name/Password Cannot software get Windows installation past Solved: during User to the Solved: Cannot get past Windows User Name/Password during software installation company to improve the application etc When I click on either the Yes or the No I get prompted for my Windows User name and Password I enter the ones that appear on the Windows Welcome screen and work but an error message pops up saying that quot no mapping between account names and security ID s was done quot The application setup menu says that quot currently your Administrator me has not been configured to run data collectiuon at a scheduled time Press Configure to correct this issue quot but doing so only gets the user name pasword prompt again I have been into the User and Computer Management on Control Panel and ticked pretty well everything I can find to let me do whatever I like as an Admin but still no joy Searching through HELP advises that it is the Task Scheduler asking for these details I remember that on XP you could somehow disable Task Scheduler from working but can t seem to find it on Vista Home Premium So is there someway to get around this as I feel I am missing a step somewhere Thanks all nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot get past Windows User Name/Password during software installation

Found that the User name is really SYSTEM even though I have used my normal log in name - duh!

Anyhow all fixed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-get-past-windows-user-name-password-during-software-installation.751564/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all!

Just updated windows and after restarting I was suprised to see the user selection window at the booting of windows as i am the only user on this computer.
I want windows to start automatically without letting me choose the user, don't have any use for that window.

Does anyone know how to change this?

Thanks alot
Chaim

Relevancy 52.03%

So I ran the Deckard System Scanner and found out that there are 8 user profiles while there's only supposed to be 3. (me, one other and admin account, those are the only ones there are logins for). These seems to be leftover accounts (and one domain account), but I do not know how to delete them. If I go into the User Profile Manager it only lists 4 user profiles, the 3 thats supposed to be there and one unknown account.

Is it ok to delete an unknown account?

How do I delete the remaining 5 excess accounts properly?

How big is a user profile supposed to be? One user profile (the oldest, but doesn't have much installed or set up) is 880 Mb in size, while my profile (with lots of programs, settings and more frequent usage lately) is only 10,1 Mb

Hope anyone can answer these questions, thanks :)

A:[SOLVED] How to remove extra user profiles?

Ok, first off, the fact that you say that you have a domain account makes me wonder if this is a machine at your work. If that is true, you really shouldn't change anything without checking with your IT department. I say this because MOST people do not have MS Domains at home... Now that's out of the way...

I'm not familiar with that program, but I can explain why you have "extra" accounts... The fact that the program could not identify them makes me question its usefulness, but that's just my opinion.

There are built-in accounts on every XP Pro box, and other accounts that are service accounts that get created in many ways, normally by some software that has been installed....

For example, there is the Guest account. It's probably there, and it SHOULD be disabled. Then there is the HelpAssistant account, which is the account that Remote Desktop runs under. Unless you have ENABLED the "remote assistance," this account is DISABLED by default and should stay that way. I would not delete it, because at some point you might want to use RDP on that machine. Along that same line is the builtin account from Microsoft, SUPPORT_388945a0, which is their vendor account for the Help and Support Service. It is also disabled by default...

Then you probably at some point have installed a .NET application, framework, update, etc, so you have the ASPNET account that is required to use any .NET apps, and there are a LOT of them out there... Deleting that account could make a lot of things you do stop working!

At this point, I think I have come close to your "extra accounts" threshold. Again, these are accounts common to EVERY XP machine, so I once again question the usefulness of that "System Scanner," if it can't even recognize the builtins.

Also, the tool you are using is really basic and silly. To really see all the accounts on your system, you need to go into Computer Management. Easiest way to do that is to right-click on My Computer and choose Manage. Then when that opens the MMC, expand the System Tools entry under Computer Management and then Expand Local Users and Groups, and from there, Users. Voila! There are all your accounts, real and or mysterious. If you can NOT do this, then you do not have administrative rights on your machine, which goes back to my first statement about Domain Security and the fact this might be a work machine (you did not say).

There is also a chance that it USED to be on a domain, and now it's your personal machine. If that is the case, then a Domain account that used that machine would be your "Unknown Account" because without being connected to the Domain, the computer does not know what it is :)

Really there is no reason to delete an account, because you can always disable them if you have a concern. If you want to disable or delete them, you do it from the Computer Management. Enjoy!

As for your other question, a user profile (unfortunately) is as big as how much crap someone has put in there. You can lock this down through Group Policy, but normally this is when you get the type of user that likes to store EVERYTHING on their Desktop. ALL the stuff you have on your desktop becomes part of your profile. This is so if you are in a networked domain environment, you will have the same desktop, no matter what PC you login to. This is why roaming profiles are such a pain, and require that they be locked down through GP or it gets out of hand real quick.

Some users make folders on their desktop and store big files there. I've worked on a machine where the user stored all of his ProTools data in a folder on his desktop!!! His user profile was over 100GB!!! That is a really, really bad idea for a LOT of reasons, but at the very least, the more crap you have in your profile, the longer it takes to log you in.

I could go into much more detail, but this post is actually me trying to keep it simple. Hopefully now you have the a... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-how-to-remove-extra-user-profiles-268854.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I set a password on my computer when I went on vacation. Now that I'm back I want to remove the password at start up but can't find out how. I read one set of instructions on the net but don't understand them. Can someone help this computer dummy; it is really annoying to have to sign in every time I hope my Windows 8.1 computer.

Thanks!

binkie

A:[SOLVED] How do I remove password when I turn on my computer

when logged on, hit CTRL-ALT-DEL at the same time and a screen will come up with a few options, one will be change password. Enter your old one and leave the new fields blank, that should remove the password.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-how-do-i-remove-password-when-i-turn-on-my-computer-909994.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Since my boss on a whim changed a password and User Changed Exchange ID and password. backupExec - Solved: server for Veritas won t let us use this account any longer we have been piecing together problems with services running under this old account I think we have alot back to normal but there is one problem I still Solved: Veritas backupExec for Exchange server - Changed User ID and password. see - The backup runs and backs up all the proper files on the drives themselves but when it gets to - Backup Server Microsoft Exchange Public Folders and Backup Server Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes It fails with - Error a c - Unable to attach to one of the drives This user has an Exchange mailbox I gave this user full read and write write permissions to Solved: Veritas backupExec for Exchange server - Changed User ID and password. the mailbox folder and the public folder the same rights the old user account the user has been given domain admin rights for the purpose of troubleshooting the resource credentials within BackupExec are all set to this account and finally all proper services are started and pointed ot this new account The backup is catching all the other non exchange parts of the backups e g files and shadow copy stuff What is the hook I am missing that made it so this new account won t back up these exchange portions nbsp

A:Solved: Veritas backupExec for Exchange server - Changed User ID and password.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-veritas-backupexec-for-exchange-server-changed-user-id-and-password.496867/
Relevancy 51.6%

About to head out to have a look at a mates computer shes on 2000 and said she was doing online banking and the numbers for her password worked for a couple then nothing, it froze she shut down the computer and now when she starts up she cant even get past user log in screen.

If i start up in safe mode then run tests if it allows me ?? or what can i do if i cant get into it to check or run any tests, can you restore a computer from safe mode??

A:Solved: windows 2000 wont go past user password screen

Can you log on with another account like "administrator"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-2000-wont-go-past-user-password-screen.658702/
Relevancy 51.17%

For security reasons Microsoft does not allow parents computer administrators to check on maintain adjust or otherwise enter their kids limited users XP profiles without either resetting their passwords or waiting for them to come home and being confrontational about it Ideally I would like to be able to log on to a limited user account from my administrator account without tampering with anyone s passwords-resetting them or Bypass or or Screensaver W/out Password Adjust User Find XP User Reset Limited otherwise Actually I have little interest in the step kids personal life and stuff Alternately perhaps you may help me with my ultimate goal limiting screensaver activity My Find or Bypass XP Limited User Password W/out Reset or Adjust User Screensaver arrogant and belligerant teenage stepson likes to customize the family room to his tastes rather that leave it to the generic unbiased interest of the family in general Latest he has designed his quot my pictures quot screensaver somehow to override cmos settings to illustrate various pictures of himself for unlimited time rather than allow cmos or windows to shut off the monitor after periods of inactivity Typically he would prefer to be confrontational about it fight and argue over the issue stressing out his depressed mom in the process I do not want to fight-I just want my monitor to go off after a while of non-use and not be kept on by XP Sorry about all the disfunctional family issues I had to mention for background It is hard dealing with Find or Bypass XP Limited User Password W/out Reset or Adjust User Screensaver an aggressive controlling kid Obviously most of the time the computer is left on his profile but I quot am not allowed quot to adjust the power settings when it is for some reason from his profile nbsp

A:Find or Bypass XP Limited User Password W/out Reset or Adjust User Screensaver

looks like you have no choice in resetting passwords, who's house is it anyway???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/find-or-bypass-xp-limited-user-password-w-out-reset-or-adjust-user-screensaver.428368/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi In A domain environment when wifi user a reseting connect cannot user directory from password to Active after i rest a user password from active directory users and user cannot connect to wifi after reseting a user password from Active directory computers he is unable to login to Windows with new password He is configured to login through wifi And we are using single sign on in the wifi settings This issue is only affecting few users connection to company wifi network is authenticated through x so we manualy create a wifi profile for x At the dual login screen the new credentials we are using active directory credentials for wifi since it's x are entered First it user cannot connect to wifi after reseting a user password from Active directory spits an error that unable to connect to wifi Then windows spits an error of invalid user name or password If we enter the old credentials at login in both wifi access and windows access we are able to login to Windows it logs in with Cached credentials but I it obviously is unable to connect to wifi network The user is a member of wifi group so he has access to wifi and he can access wifi through his iPhone Also another observation is that if I login with his Cached credentials and configure a wifi profile connection using his new reseted password password windows spits an error that cannot connect to the network So the core issue is that after reseting his password from active directory users and computers he cannot connect to wifi through windows The workaround that currently I do is i login with his Cached credentials to Windows and then i use my own credentials to configure wifi connection and ask him to login to Windows using his Cached credentials while he will be using my credentials for wifi access And for other systems that will be using credentials like email he uses new credentials Pretty crude solution Any way how to figure out what could go wrong Besides i have tried configuring a wifi connection profile on another users laptop using the affected user credentials I got same error that windows cannot connect you to wifi So the real issue is that after resetting the password of the user from aduc he cannot connect to wifi Any clue idea Windows is latest and updated We are using Microsoft forefront endpoint protection

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-cannot-connect-to-wifi-after-reseting-a-user-password-from-active-directory-769826.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all We are having a real issue with local profiles user profile service on our domain Our staff accounts are using local profiles When a staff member changes their password something is happening to their profiles on the machines that their local profile is stored When they try to login the machine is getting stuck at quot Please wait for the user profile service quot It never continues we have left for mins or more and profiles, hanging issue service Big profile and user user's changing :( password local with it doesn't continue We are currently having to use delprof to remove their profiles from ALL machines they have previously logged into which is a lot of hassle nbsp We first noticed this issue when we upgraded our workstations from windows to windows nbsp I was hoping that upgrading to windows would fix the issue but sadly it doesn't This is causing us major hassle on our domain It only affects people with Big issue with user's local profiles, changing password and hanging user profile service :( local profiles our students use mandatory profiles and they are not affected Our DCs are R nbsp I have trawled google but cannot find any information on this At our yearly microsoft meeting i asked our regional account manager and he couldn't believe the issue He had never heard anything like this before From the event log the only thing i can see is that it is not finishing the load of the user profile nbsp Under user profile service events it shows this Event Recieved user logon notification on session Event Registry file C Users USERNAME ntuser dat is loaded at HKU S- - - - - - - Event Logon type Regular nbsp Local profile location C Users USERNAME nbsp Profile type Regular Event Registry file C Users USERNAME AppData Local Microsoft Windows UsrClass dat is loaded at HKU S- - - - - - - Classes Event This is where it get stucks But then it does not show the final step Event should be Finished processing user logon notification on session No other events are logged We hadn't changed any GPOs before the upgrade to windows Any help would be greatly welcome

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1bc82ef5-71cf-438e-b223-d7aa88ea8de4/big-issue-with-users-local-profiles-changing-password-and-hanging-user-profile-service-?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.74%

My grandmother was recently hacked and she changed all her passwords herself (yay!). However she did not write down her new local user account password for her laptop.

I tried downloading OPHCrack, I burned it as an ISO file and put it on a DVD-R(only thing I had on hand) and i changed the boot order on her BIOS menu to had the DVD drive as the first priority. It does not run....I hear the disk drive moving, or spinning but the program does not run. Are there any other options or do I have to do a complete system restore to bypass this? Also if that is what I have to do how do I do that without being in her control panel?

A:Old Problem New User- Forgot Local User Account Password

Hello there "hater",are you sure you downloaded the right OPHcrack version?It should be the one that is intended to be used on,not the one being used to download and be burned on.Try imgburn,never failed me to create bootable CDs or DVDs.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/40661-old-problem-new-user-forgot-local-user-account-password.html
Relevancy 50.74%

dont know user account control password AND no administrator user so i cant download/install anything, cant update, and i cant change any settings someone please help PLUS i just got this computer iv read some other entrys where people had the same problem as me they said to do a system reboot in safemode but i dont know how. can someone help me? thank you

A:dont know user account control password and no administrator user

after the bios loads but before windows start to load hit f8 and you get your windows boot options.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/232566-dont-know-user-account-control-password-no-administrator-user.html
Relevancy 50.74%

We have a remote user using windows pro bit and nbsp cisco vpn on his laptop The remote user is prompted to change his password while he is old the while vpn the but remote with still the laptop domain password password user cached is changed connected to the domain during the vpn session nbsp He follows the prompts to the change the password When he performs the following Ctlr Alt Del selects lock and now tries to unlocks the laptop with the new password he nbsp receives nbsp the message of nbsp The trust relationship nbsp between remote user changed the domain password while vpn but the laptop is still cached with the old password this workstation and the primary domain failed In order to get into the laptop nbsp nbsp the remote user restarts the laptop and uses the old password with his domain username remote user changed the domain password while vpn but the laptop is still cached with the old password Even though he is vpn into the network nbsp nbsp the remote user nbsp is unable to gain access to any network resources since domain password was changed VPN password and domain password are different nbsp The Cisco VPN username password account is keep on the ASA nbsp The domain username password is keep on a Microsoft server nbsp Does anybody know how to nbsp get the changed domain password onto the laptop while VPN Thank YOU

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/577e2c22-0a6a-4a96-a732-2d090e0b2725/remote-user-changed-the-domain-password-while-vpn-but-the-laptop-is-still-cached-with-the-old?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm running Win About the virus - at first each a new user, the remove copy I a new to if virus the files I user? Can all create time I started the computer I saw an Internet Security fake scan and it disabled all exe Now Can I remove a virus if I create a new user, copy all the files to the new user? I see a US Courts MoneyPak screen Safe Mode won't start System restore doesn't work either because the restore points are too recent I googled how to remove the virus but most require dowloading and installing programs - which I don't want to do I would prefer to manually delete the virus files I found a couple videos that edit the registry but I can't find the infected files in my reg Which got me to thinking Using the command prompt I created a new user which creates a new clean reg No problems with the computer logged in as the new user All the programs work ok and I've copied all the files from the infected user to the new user If I now delete the infected user does that also delete the Can I remove a virus if I create a new user, copy all the files to the new user? registry for that user and the virus along with it assuming the virus is in the registry

A:Can I remove a virus if I create a new user, copy all the files to the new user?

Hello? Anyone?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501427/can-i-remove-a-virus-if-i-create-a-new-user-copy-all-the-files-to-the-new-user/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have been having trouble gaining access to my user user folder to get to my app data details if i right click there is no option to run as administrator i havn't changed access to how user/(user) padlock/gain remove to folder the share options how to remove padlock/gain access to user/(user) folder but i did follow these instructions nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by Christian Smith If you wanted to remove it just right click on the folder gt Properties gt Security gt Click quot Edit quot how to remove padlock/gain access to user/(user) folder next to change permissions gt Click quot add quot gt if the folder is nothing really personal etc type quot everyone quot Into the dialog box Hit the enter key and quot Apply quot quot Ok quot etc Permissions - Allow or Deny Users and Groups Hope that helps and it stated that i didn't have permissions as it ran through a list of items I then followed these instructions Local Users and Groups Manager - Open and in both option and it stated that quot this computer is running windows home premium this snapin may not be used with this version of windows to manage user accounts for this computer use the user accounts tool in the control panel quot in option the local user and groups option is not there as far as i am aware and in the user account option i am the only user running on this computer and as administrator i am therefore at a loss and any help would be gratefull

A:how to remove padlock/gain access to user/(user) folder

Hello worligig,

You might see if installing and using Take Ownership may allow you to be able to access it afterwards.

Take Ownership Shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321220-how-remove-padlock-gain-access-user-user-folder.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Trying to lock down a tablet running Win 8.1 It's set to auto log in so I don't want the user to be able to sign out. Any ideas how to disable or remove it?

THanks
Chris

A:Remove Sign out from User Name and Power User Menu

In registry editor go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

double click on shutdownautologon and write value 0 instead of 1.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/45085-remove-sign-out-user-name-power-user-menu.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, I have a kiosk PC that is looking pretty good however I have two outstanding issues. 

The users can still right click on applications on the taskbar and receive a context menu even though I've disabled the context menu in the group policy editor.
User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Start Menu and Taskbar/Remove access to the context menus for the taskbar - Enabled

And I can't figure out how to remove the "show desktop" icon in the systems notification tray.

Thanks in advance for any help
Megan Armstrong.

A:Windows 7 Restricted User - Remove Right click on taskbar icons; Remove show desktop icon

Hello Megan,

Hope you're doing fine.

Disabling context menu from application on the taskbar
Please note the task bar context menu for any application for windows 7 is sub-divided into two sections :

a. Jumplist(to access recently opened files) 
   b. Creating a new instance of the application, Pin/Unpin, Close window

We can only disable the Jump List of the Taskbar context menu but not the "new instance creation, Pin/Unpin, close window"

Please follow the steps below to disable jump list:
1. Right-click on the Taskbar and then select Properties.
2. Click on the Start Menu tab and uncheck "Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar".
3. Click OK.

Disabling Show Desktop from the system tray
Regarding the requirement of disabling the "Show Desktop" button alltogether from the System tray, this is by design.

There are no ways to remove it. All we can do is to disable aero peek at Taskbar properties by right clicking and uncheck the option "Use Aero Peek to preview the desktop".
There's a third party software which addresses this sopecific purpose but I'm not pretty sure if this works perfectly for Windows 7 SP1 as well. Please refer to the link below.

Ref :
http://kishan-bagaria.deviantart.com/art/7-Show-Desktop-Button-Remover-163376704

Thanks,
Nabarun

Regards,
Nabarun Chakraborty | Support Engineer | Microsoft India GTSC

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cbbdceb4-3c0a-4a86-a8be-dcc0b3cbc115/windows-7-restricted-user-remove-right-click-on-taskbar-icons-remove-show-desktop-icon?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I work at a pawn shop, and we have a problem we have never encountered before.  This laptop, which is cleared and is now for sale in the shop, now asks for an administrator password or power on password.  It did not do this when it was brought in, nor when it was pulled from the back.  We were going to power it on for a customer, and it just started asking us for this password. I have seen in another post that you enter through it 3 times to get a code, so here is the code:61987774 Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Remove Admin Password/ Power On Password on Boot Up

Please try this Password = 74685370 Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,KNRKAlthough I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Remove-Admin-Password-Power-On-Password-on-Boot-Up/td-p/5456020
Relevancy 48.59%

I installed Win x with a user name quot user quot a long time ago At some point I changed the User's name to quot Karen quot to make it easier to spot on the home network etc The Computer Name quot Dell quot has not changed Today I wanted to connect to the computer quot Karen quot using my workgroup not a homegroup All of my other computers now share with workgroup However the computer quot I Name user the and user's the Can remove old change completely name? Karen quot does not Can I change the user's Name and completely remove the old user name? require a password to logon so when I tried to connect via the workgroup I got a popup box asking for the Credentials to Connect I need to enter the User Name and Password to connect to quot Dell quot And I and wife don't know the password Anyways I reset the password using the quot Reset Forgotten Password quot tutorial going into registry etc That worked but I still could not access the computer Karen - windows would not accept the password Running quot net users Can I change the user's Name and completely remove the old user name? quot I see that I don't have a User quot Karen quot I have a user quot user quot So i used that user name with the new password and I'm connected All is good But how do I get rid of quot user quot and replace with quot Karen quot Can this be done

A:Can I change the user's Name and completely remove the old user name?

Quote: Originally Posted by CountryBumkin

But how do I get rid of "user1" and replace with "Karen"? Can this be done?

When a new user is created in Windows, either the first user when Windows is installed or any user later on, and the new user has signed in to Windows first time, the user profile is created and named. Any later username change does not change the name of the user profile.

An example, if my ex-wife had created a user account for me on a Windows computer she had most probably named it as "Idiot". If I then later on changed my username on that computer from "Idiot" to "Kari", my profile had remained as "Idiot".

Basically, the easiest way to change this is to create a new user account and profile with the preferred name, copy the personal files and folders from C:\Users\Wrong_Username folder to C:\Users\New_Username, and delete the user Wrong_Username completely.

In your case now you can try the method told in this tutorial: User Profile Folder - Change User Account Folder Name

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/372135-can-i-change-users-name-completely-remove-old-user-name.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My husband found a Dell desktop left behind in one of the rental properties his company manages and brought it home. It works just fine, the only problem is that you have to enter the administrator password to do pretty much anything. There is a guest user that I can log onto without a password and get on the internet, but I can't save any files or download any programs without the password. Is there a way I can remove this password lock, without knowing the password or logging onto the admin user, or would I have to completely wipe Windows and reinstall it?

Thank you!

A:How to remove administrator password, without knowing the password?

Offline Registry Editor

Enable the Hidden Adminstrator Account and then use it to reset the standard Administrator Account. Follow this guide. Here is a video. You don't want to reset your admin accounts password using the Offline Registry Editor if by chance the file system is encrypted.

DANGER WILL ROBINSON!
If password is reset on users that have EFS encrypted files, and the system is XP or newer, all encrypted files for that user will be UNREADABLE! and cannot be recovered unless you remember the old password again If you don't know if you have encrypted files or not, you most likely don't have them. (except maybe on corporate systems)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602957/how-to-remove-administrator-password-without-knowing-the-password/
Relevancy 47.73%

I've created a password for the guest account. Now I can neither change nor remove it.

Logging on as admin I can't find a setting to change or remove guest account's password.

Logging on as guest I am getting the "windows cannot change password" warning if I try to change or remove it.

On guest account using ctrl+alt+del>"change password", now I get a "access is denied" warning.

Any kind of help would be appreciated. Thanks.

PS: The whole issue has started with me seeing a warning on Bitdefender's Vulnerability module telling that the guest account has no password. I clicked on it and created a password for my guest account from within BD. That doesn't necessarily have to be related with the problem, just FYI.

A:Password Change / Remove Password Problem

uninstall bitdefender first, then reboot, next go to control panel, User Accounts and Family safety, User Accounts, select change your windows passwords and remove password from guest account and any other accounts you wish. Then reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/139562-password-change-remove-password-problem.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello All I need to remove user passwords Yes I have removed Admin password I have used Trinity Hiren's boot disk UBCD and other linux and password removal programs I want to remove the user passwords from the login I have done the safe mode startup and disabled the EUFI I cannot login to the admin or safe mode unless i enter the user password Which is what I am Remove password login password/ forgot trying to remove I have watched videos and read tutorials and all of them tell me to login and then change the password Is there any possible way to remove this I am talking about the main user login that has the user name with the email under it Is there a way to remove them from pulling the hard drive and accessing it through usb as an external drive I have been through multiple forums and all with the same thing They all tell me to login and then change the safe mode or user settings I want to remove the user password without loging Remove login password/ forgot password in PLEASE do not send me a site that shows me how to remove password after loging in or login and change the start up or settings I already know how to do those things Like I said I already removed admin password but I cannot login or it does not show that user as a choice to login Yes I am very frustrated with this I think I am going to quit my job and quit Remove login password/ forgot password working on computers if this is what Is installed for the future lt lt lt lt this is how I feel DUMB

A:Remove login password/ forgot password

That's a touchy subject...yes, there are ways to do what you want, but...I'm hesitant to assist, since there's no way for me to know what your intentions are or whether or not you have ownership of/ should have access to  the PC in question.  I know that sounds unhelpful at best and rude at the least, but...I'd go back to Google, if I were you. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494548/remove-login-password-forgot-password/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a user who has this issue User it though getting or is name even incorrect' 'user password laptop computer running win connected to the corporate network Using active directory User account is in User getting 'user name or password incorrect' even though it is AD The user types in username password Gets the message user name or password is incorrect User can attempt or times gets the same message User is absolutely sure he is using correct credentials I have his creds and have done it myself Can reboot the computer and it may then allow him to login Or he may get the same message User can go to User getting 'user name or password incorrect' even though it is a different computer in the office Same results Or this different computer may let him login multiple times but will ultimately get the same results I have tried on newly imaged computer with the same results We have checked and he is not logged into any other device anywhere he has an iPad with company e-mail and what is somewhat odd well other than the whole event is he is able to get his company e-mail on the iPad no problem Any suggestions

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fd18f48b-0a87-4db9-ad71-6cb878e35531/user-getting-user-name-or-password-incorrect-even-though-it-is?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 47.73%

Humble apologies if question asked/answered before.

Running Win 7 64bit all updates etc, anyway have never used passwords (sole user ), so booted up computer this morning and woila there it was, wanting "user name" & "Password", never been set up for one so how can I input something that wasn't set up, a bloody nuisance, that's why I love computers, just when you get complacent, it throws a spanner in the works, your thoughts as always most appreciated.

A:Sole user never had a User Name or Password!

Hello Peter,

Since it's wanting you to enter both your user name and password instead of just password, then you might see if using step 2 and 8 in Option One of the tutorial below may help with this. Log On with User Name and Password
Afterwards, if it's still not automatically logging into your account at startup, then the tutorial below can sort that for you. Since you do not have a password, you would just leave the password fields empty. Log On Automatically at Startup
Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/297980-sole-user-never-had-user-name-password.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I do not want to hack. Just want to remove password protection from that file. I know it's password.

A:How to remove password from rar file? (i know the password but)

I think it would be easier to just copy the uncompressed contents to a new rar without a password.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/335740-how-remove-password-rar-file-i-know-password-but.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have the Bios password for my computer but how do I remove it? It's fairly annoying entering it in every time.

A:How to remove Bios password when you have the password...?

Hi -Click Start > Help and Support > In the top box type Change Password -Depending on exactly which password you wish to change / reset, there is a list shown, plus directions -I do not think BIOS password is listed, but you may mean Logon password, or Windows password -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482722/how-to-remove-bios-password-when-you-have-the-password/
Relevancy 43.86%

I am trying to clear files Documents-which remove? &User\My Duplicate User\Documents to in out duplicate files in Windows A scan by Duplicate Cleaner Free shows copies in multiple locations including User Documents and User My Documents Since these are both showing up in this scan I presume they are actually two files not one real file and one link - is this correct If there aren't actually two separate files I don't want to remove the real file If they are actually two separate files I would like to remove one of them and want to know which one I may have confused things by restoring files from a backup program not Windows Backup to My Documents being confused about the difference between User Documents and User My Documents in addition to the Windows quot Library quot called quot Documents quot which by the way points to Duplicate files in User\Documents &User\My Documents-which to remove? quot My Documents quot Not to mention quot Favorites quot I removed the documents link from here as it is confusing enough without it - I think that was quot Documents quot From other threads I understand that My Documents is Duplicate files in User\Documents &User\My Documents-which to remove? not an actual folder but a kind of library which points to the quot Documents quot folder If this is the case why does the scan show two documents How can I be sure what's real and what isn't Thanks

A:Duplicate files in User\Documents &User\My Documents-which to remove?

I have seen many people to brick their system because they removed duplicate files. If you don't know exactly what they are, don't touch them.

And if you want to engage in the adventure, make an image of the C partition first so that you can always backpaddle.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/314903-duplicate-files-user-documents-user-my-documents-remove.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I recently changed my password and I've forgot it. Previously I've used F8 when I boot then safe mode w/net and it bypassed my user password screen but now it's not working. Any info would be great

A:User password

Have you Tried NT Recovery Offline?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618232/user-password/
Relevancy 43.86%

Running Windows 7 and have added a second drive which has a user password on it from a previous installation of XP.
Iv'e tried to access the second drive for the files I need but it won't let me.
What's the answer?

From what I can tell, accomplishing this task without major hardware tinkering is next to impossible. However, here are some tips from around the web.

To access the hard drive you may need to take ownership of it.
Find the folder/hard drive you wish to access
Right Click > Properties > Security > Advanced > Owner Tab
Highlight Administrator
Check Replace owner on...
OK, wait.

Source: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;308421

If you had a EFS (Encrypted File System) then you may need to retrieve the private key.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241201

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/76384-user-password.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have an admin account and a user account for the kids. How do I stop them changing the password for their user account. They just go into user accounts and change the password and can lock me out of their account.

Cheers Ray

A:User changes password

Currently, I am at work, and cannot view this page, but it might help you!

Again, if it's nowhere near relevant, I aplogize hah

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/97473-user-changes-password.html
Relevancy 43.86%

it is not for hacking purposes it is for my own personal computer

A:user password

you have already been given the reason why the post was closed - so please do not re-open another post
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-8/1140931-all-versions-windows-retrieve-user.html

closing this thread

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-password.1140937/
Relevancy 43.86%

Main computer running WinXP Pro SP Laptop running Win Pro on wireless network Trendnet series router Main computer running WinXP Pro SP Laptop running Win Pro on wireless network Trendnet series router When I try to connect from my XP computer to my Win laptop I get the attached User Password and Name window Laptop screen jpg which I uploaded It wants my User Name and Password When I User Name and Password put in the proper password I can connect from the XP computer to the Win computer Everything is OK until I shut down or re-boot the XP machine If I shut down or re-boot the XP machine and then try to go to the Win machine I get the same annoying window where I have to type in the password Does anyone know how I can stop this window from coming up on shut down or re-boot My wife s WinXP Pro computer doesn t exhibit this problem I can get from the Win machine to the WinXP machine with no problems Thanks Henry nbsp

A:User Name and Password

Windows 7 is blocking the XP machine until an account and password is used.

One will find that if ALL machines have an account and password that are the same, this problem will go away most of the time.

This common account does NOT need to be the current active one, but it helps to be on all machines. I use a common "Back door" account on all of my machines and this is heavily passworded and does the job.

This back door is an admin account that I would used if my prime admin account get clobbered.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-name-and-password.1096784/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have an old tower that I've had for about 4 maybe 5 years the problem I'm having is I forgot the password that I had on it and need someone to help me bypass it I need this computer for work as my newest tower crashed!! Please help

Howdy and welcome. Unfortunately, we cannot assist with bypassing password. You may want to re-read the rules page at https://forums.techguy.org/help/rules/. As a result, I'm going to close this thread out.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-password.1159586/
Relevancy 43.86%

I am using someone else's PC to post this question. I am not able to get on to my computer. My user name and password does not work anymore.When I try to log on, it says that I have not usee the correct user name and password. Nothing has been changed.. I have Windows XP.Help!!

A:User name and Password

You can find the utility [Mod Edit: link removed] very useful. Once run you can see the accounts on your computer and reset thier passwords. You need a jump drive, floppy disk or a cd to boot from.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-name-and-password.635121/
Relevancy 43.86%

'Ello,

I've recently started dualbooting with Vista and Windows 7. Everything is working great, except for one thing. My version of windows 7 seems to have a password set already by default for the administrator account. And I can't seem to find out what it is.

I've tried the usual stuff, like admin, default etc. None of them seem to work. Anyone that could help me out here? I kinda need to know what it is so I can change it to a password of my own.

So to sum it up, the Administrator account on my Windows 7 has a password installed, which I can't find. If anyone could help me with this, I'd be really thankfull.

Kind regards,

LV

I would assume that method 3 on this tutorial should sort it - Reset User Account Password - Vista Forums

But remember this is uncharted windows 7 territory

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/669-user-password.html
Relevancy 43.86%

So I have a problem. My aunt got a computer from my cousin, but theres a problem. My cousin forgot the user password and my aunt has no idea how to get into the computer. She asked me and she I tryed to get into the admins account, that was blocked too. Seems like my cousin changed the password for the admins account and forget that too.

So now we're stuck with this laptop and we can't even get into it. I tried that NT pw & reg thing and put the iso on a cd and try to go through that but it just doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas on how to get around this.

And no we have no recovery disk of anysort if that means anything.

Thanks~

Are you sure you used the NT password tool correctly? It has worked for almost everyone else. Try it for both accounts, sometimes it takes several attemps, and under Vista you must remove the password, NOT change it. Would you like my instruction set?

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/272767-user-password.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i need to get around a user password on a laptop for an employee that was let go. any help?

Relevancy 43.86%

I have a sony Vaio and i have no rescue disk and can't login to my windows. Please tell me how to change my user id and password in dos mode

A:User ID & Password

I am pretty sure it is against this websites policy to give out any info on changing a password in windows without actually doing it the proper way.

Sorry about this inconvenience

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-id-and-password-188442.html
Relevancy 43.86%

hi
can anyone please help me here,my ex has changed my user password on my laptop and i am unable to get in,he actually took my laptop when we split up i have only today managed to get it back and now he will not tell me the password to get back in, it is running windows 7 and it's a fujitsu amilo notebook LI3710/LI3910,i have tried going into safe mode to find administrators account but it is only coming up with my account and guest account.i am not very computer minded so please in plain english.
thank you

A:help with user password please

well to be honest if he is not giving up the password

You might want to consider just wipping it clean and start fresh Sucks that you had a jerkish man in you're life to be so immature to do that

Anyway i would start using some of the pass-codes he used before pet names familly what ever but ultimatly i would just clean it start fresh imply your own code and make sure he never get's it again

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/131614-help-user-password-please.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have an E-machine 733I which I have not used in awhile. Tried to log on (log on to windows with user name bar first line and password line on second bar) comes up saying, The system could not log you on. I've tried every password I could think of upwards and downwards. Nothing. I have reboot discs but i can't use if operating system is not running to any commands. Please help.

A:Password/User

Welcome To TSG....

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.

Tech Support Guy Site Rules
http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/password-user.692937/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have an older Dell desktop system that is userid/password protected. Since I purchased a laptop, the desktop has gotten very little use. Over time, I have forgotten my userid and password and cannot perform any administrator functions (delete programs). Is there any way to recover this info so I can clean up the system?

A:User ID/Password

HI edshr4,

Unfortunately we can't help with bypassing or retrieving passwords on this forum.
Your best course of action would be to backup any data you need, then reformat and reinstall Windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-id-password-439763.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,We bought a new Acer Switch 10 which we only got today. Is there suppose to be a password on the tablet already? We cannot do anything without entering a password (which we do not have!)Can anybody help!

A:Why is there already a password/user on our new Ac...

shut it down.then press ALT+F10 an press the power button, this will start the Acer erecovery and re-install OS from factory.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/Why-is-there-already-a-password-user-on-our-new-Acer-Switch-10/td-p/368180
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello World.

I'm running a local printer on my Vista System which I want to share over my local network.

If I connect from a Windows XP System to Vista with the Windows Explorer I'm allways asked to enter my user name and password.
If I do so I can connect to the printer over the network.
If I don't enter the user name and password I'm naturally refused to access the printer.

So the question is: How can I give the Windows XP System permanent access to the Vista system and its printer without entering the user name and password manually every time?

I'm sure there is a simple answer to this problem.
Thanks for your help!
sega

A:User-Password

Originally Posted by therealsega

So the question is: How can I give the Windows XP System permanent access to the Vista system and its printer without entering the user name and password manually every time?

I'm sure there is a simple answer to this problem.

The two computers have entirely disjoint accounts databases, so naturally incoming access attempts must first be made to provide the credentials of one of the known (local) accounts.

The "simple" answer is to create accounts with identical username/password combinations on both machines. That way the incoming request always appears to match a known local account.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/255437-user-password.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,We bought a new Acer Switch 10 which we only got today. Is there suppose to be a password on the tablet already? We cannot do anything without entering a password (which we do not have!)Can anybody help!

A:Why is there already a password/user on our new Ac...

shut it down.then press ALT+F10 an press the power button, this will start the Acer erecovery and re-install OS from factory.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/Why-is-there-already-a-password-user-on-our-new-Acer-Switch-10/td-p/368180/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

Why would Bad User Name and/or Password Error keep showing up at startup? I've checked every user name and pass word I can think of that I have to see if they are current and I still get this error all the time. Any ideas? And how to correct this? Thank you.

John
Windows XP SP 2

A:Bad User Name or Password.

Have you got passwords enabled? Do you want them on? One of those crazy windows error prob or maybe a mistake.

Do you have to type it in on startup is that it or does it just come up in a "pretty" error box?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/6953/bad-user-name-or-password/
Relevancy 43.86%

Last night I went into the User/Password in the control panel. I was told that by adding a new user that the wireless internet that was just installed would work. This is using windows 2000. The computer is not finding the network. But I went in and set up a new user, but accidently removed the user name I was under, and it removed all my files, or will not let me access them anymore. And when I try to get back into the User/Password area it says I am not authorized and is asking for an administrator password. Is there a way to undo this so I can access these files. My playlist, and word documents are gone. Please reply to <email address removed>.

thanks
Sarah

Relevancy 43.86%

Users put wrong password In user Account 3 Times That Time Windows Show (User Closed ) this Msg
How Will Do This

A:User Password

Go to the users account in Active Directory on the Domain Controller, and reset their password.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-password-556700.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i like to set up a user name and password so people can,t use my wireless what will happen is that they have to enter a user name and a password before it let them sufe the internet

Relevancy 43.86%

My daughter recently changed the user password on my wife's laptop and has forgotten it.
Is there a way to by-pass or get around this?

Thanks
Hooleyman

A:User Password

Hello Hooleyman, and welcome to Vista Forums.

One of the methods in this tutorial should work for you. If all else fails Method Three should work.

Reset User Account Password

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/182555-user-password.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Can someone tell me why my windows mail is asking me for a user name and password? I have never needed one prior to now. Thanks

A:user name/password

Have you looked to see if 'save password' is checked. Tools/accounts/Select your account/properties/servers tab.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/261553-user-name-password.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My son has had his backpack stolen & his notebook he keeps his passwords in was in it. He has not had to use his password to log on in a long time. The problem is, now for some reason XP is requesting his password. He only uses the laptop for his music & for his school work. Now he can't get access to any of it because he can't remember which password he was currently using. He says he's afraid to try different ones because something about if you get it wrong three times it will screw it up permanently. Is there any way for him to find out which one he used without going through all the ones he can remember?

HELP! He's going crazy without his ipod!

A:XP user password

http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=lost+xp+password&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS369US309&ie=UTF-8

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/395421/xp-user-password/
Relevancy 43.86%

I just brought 2 used DELL POS systems for my restaurant, everything turned on fine, i checked the internet and the touchscreen functions worked fine. I installed the treatware software (support system) when finishing up the install it asked me to restart to complete installation. when resarted it prompted me with a windows username and password. I dont understand why it asked me now as i was able to use the pc before installing treatware. i contacted treatware and they have no idea, i contacted dell and they say i may need to reinstall windows xp professional and its drivers (headache). Can anyone help me so i dont have to do this?

Relevancy 43.86%

Brother gave me his computer and removed all of his user data, when I try to log on to internet, being asked for user name and password. How to I either change or establish or create user name and password.

p.s. no start up disk, Hewlett Packard, with Windows 7.

A:user name and password

Have you asked him what the user name and password is?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/400153/user-name-and-password/