Windows Support Forum

Monitor Keeps Going To Sleep

Q: Monitor Keeps Going To Sleep

Typical girl.. knowing not much about her computer! haha. Everytime I turn my computer on within 30seconds it says something like 'USB connection not found, Monitor is going to sleep" **of some other kind of connection**
I unplugged everything- and replugged to make sure nothing was loose.. but still. NADDA!
any guys/gals willing to help!
It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Monitor Keeps Going To Sleep

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Monitor Keeps Going To Sleep

We need to know your comptuer brand, model, and age, as well as your monitor brand, model and age.
More about operating system would help, as well as the overall configuration and other software..
To what are you connected when you turn it on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-keeps-going-to-sleep.133995/
Relevancy 51.17%

Whenever my computer recovers from sleep mode, or when the screensaver comes on and I wake it up, I find that all my apps are now on my main monitor.

Example: Google Chrome and Skype on Monitor 1.
Microsoft Word and MSI Afterburner on Monitor 2.

-computer sleeps/ screen saver turns on-
-I wake the computer up-

Google Chrome, Skype, Microsoft Word, and MSI Afterburner are on Monitor 1.
Nothing on Monitor 2.

Is it possible to fix this?

Specs
Using DisplayFusion Pro v5.0.1 to extend my taskbar to the second monitor.

GPU: r9 290
CPU: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz
Mobo: ASUS z87 sabertooth TUF series
PSU: Corsair TX-CMPSU 650W

A:After dual monitor sleep recovery, all apps shift to one monitor

I've had dual monitors for years now and have never had this problem. But I also have no screen saver.

If you put your system to sleep why would you want a screen saver? All that does is keep the system active and running - which is the opposite of what sleep does.

Remove the scree saver and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/365471-after-dual-monitor-sleep-recovery-all-apps-shift-one-monitor.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have an HP monitor HP w 2207 that comes with a VGA cord. It worked great with my windows 7 laptop but
now that I have a new windows 10 that does not come with only usb connections I bought an adapter VGA
to USB and connected the monitor to a USB 3 port.

The monitor comes on for a second and says Monitor Going to Sleep and then the screen turns black.

The VGA adapter said I didn't have to install any drivers so I don't know what to do now. Help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Computer-issue-Monitor-giving-quot-monitor-going-to-sleep/td-p/5673901
Relevancy 47.73%

Sir,      my HP w1907 monito says no VGA input signel and no dvi input signel after few secound says monotior going to sleep and monitor power auto off. please help me for resolve provlem.                                                                                Thanks sir.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/my-HP-w1907-monitor-says-monitor-going-to-sleep/td-p/5719326
Relevancy 47.73%

Sir,      my HP w1907 monito says no VGA input signel and no dvi input signel after few secound says monotior going to sleep and monitor power auto off. please help me for resolve provlem.                                                                                Thanks sir.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Sprout-by-HP/my-HP-w1907-monitor-says-monitor-going-to-sleep/td-p/5719326
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, my monitor when i leave the pc for the night with the screen saver automatically shut down, and in the morning i can't switch on, the led on the top change from blue to orang lamping, is like the monitor need to heat hitself to switch on, this situation can is very long, hours sometimes... How can i solve the problem, the connections are ok, the video cable and the AC cable work good on another monitor. Any suggestions?? Thanks  

A:Re: my HP w1907 monitor says monitor going to sleep

Hi there @Kralletto, Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  I understand that your display is blank, and will not come back on for a long period of time.  I am happy to help with this. Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.  HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?  HP PCs - How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer Have you tested this display connected to a different computer to see if the same thing happens?  What type of video connection are you using? Please let me know when you can.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Re-my-HP-w1907-monitor-says-monitor-going-to-sleep/td-p/5747416
Relevancy 45.58%

Relocated to Canada Brought my laptop with me Had to purchase an HP monitor online from amazon ca Model of monitor is HP Compaq LA x I connect my laptop to my monitor with a VGA cable because that is the only way i can do it I cannot do DVI because my laptop Asus u jc-a doesn t have a DVI port I thought about doing HDMI from laptop to monitor but monitor doesn t have HDMI port so this is the only way to connect I went to set up monitor to use multiple monitors Display is my laptop monitor Keeps Going Monitor Sleep HP to that is with x resolution which is why i want to use the monitor i bought so i could play on a monitor with x resolution I changed the display from that to HP LA x with the x resolution and orientation is landscape and for multiple displays i put show desktop only on because i only want my monitor to show everything and don t want nothing at all displayed on my laptop For the power options i m on power gear high performance I m either on this one or high performance Reason HP Monitor Keeps Going to Sleep is b c i play lot of tables and need to have it to do its best to go as fast as possible For on battery HP Monitor Keeps Going to Sleep and plugged in where you have the dim display turn off the computer computer go to sleep i made everything NEVER and also adjust plan brightness is set to the max I had this done for power gear high performance high performance and even power gear entertainment mode even though i don t use that one I know the default for on battery when they dim the display is or minutes but i changed everything to never Does anyone know what i can do to fix this problem I can t have my monitor keep going to sleep after minutes or minutes or minutes when im playing poker Because when this happens it takes a while to get my laptop screen to show all my tables and also i cant play a lot of tables when all the tables overlap on my laptop screen with a x resolution and then it takes another minute to try to get the main screen back on my monitor I read online a lot of ppl who have these problems its almost always an HP monitor Anyone who has a monitor like this or HP monitor can give me some advice Makes no sense it goes to sleep when in the settings i put never for all of them nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there. Have the weirdest thing happening: My monitor won't go to sleep all of a sudden. It's set to 1 hour in the power plan. What complicates the matter is that I have now 2 users on the same pc. With the original one, the monitor always goes to sleep. With the other user it does not. Same settings, same screensaver (photo gallery). Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

A:Monitor not going to sleep

There might be some application or setting that keeps it active. If some app needs to be updated or do something it might prevent it from sending "blank " signal to the screen.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/26591-monitor-not-going-sleep.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I had been running a second monitor on my lap top for a long time with no problem Suddenly it started shutting down after awhile to sleep 2nd goes Monitor and I couldn t figure out why I haven t tried it for a long time but now I need it for work It appears to be going to quot 2nd Monitor goes to sleep sleep quot after 2nd Monitor goes to sleep a period of time but I can t find a setting for this Hopefully someone will know how to fix this or a free program I can run to keep this from happening I am trying to run it as an extension of my first screen not duplicated info and will sometimes need it to run while I am not doing anything on 2nd Monitor goes to sleep the computer it will not go to sleep if I am working on the images on the actual computer monitor but will when I am on the second screen if that makes any sense I downloaded the Multimon task bar but it seems to be nothing more than a task bar I am on a windows Vista machine with a ATI Mobilitity Rade on HD Series Device manager I think I am running the second monitor as a quot projector quot right now nbsp

A:2nd Monitor goes to sleep

Have you checked all of your display settings to make sure there isn't a screensaver or power saving mode for the second monitor? Have you also updated your graphics drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2nd-monitor-goes-to-sleep.1095585/
Relevancy 45.58%
Relevancy 45.58%

OK - I sort of figured this out I have an older Samsung monitor - it works fine getting weak I changed it with an ACER widescreen and it wouldn t sleep - it kept telling me the cable was disconnected when the computer slept OK -wierd - I changed the cable - works fine now So the old cable worked with the Samsung - it has open lines pin never monitor how sleep does present amp pins are there but there is how does monitor sleep no connection So amp are the DCC lines and pin V Obviously the Samsung uses a different detection method since it works and sleeps with the old cable If I remember it was detecting the signal because it would go back and forth from analog to digital before sleeping The ACER however with the old cable immediately indicates that the how does monitor sleep cable is disconnected when the signal dies and does not go to sleep Is it using the V or the DCC signals how does monitor sleep and why would it do that thx nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-does-monitor-sleep.1011798/
Relevancy 45.58%

Dell Percision T Windows nbsp MS Updates are up to date nbsp computer is sleep goes Monitor to on days a year nbsp it is used at the front desk of a hotel nbsp Monitor goes to sleep While working or not working on the computer the monitor would suddenly go into sleep mode nbsp move the mouse press keys on the keyboard would not wake the monitor have to turn power off the computer by pressing the power button wait about a - seconds and power on the computer and the monitor came up working fine nbsp the monitor would go to sleep at different times no set schedule so to speak nbsp sometimes it would be minutes sometimes it would be minutes sometimes an hour or two nbsp Checked event logs to see if there was any indication if it was hardware or software issue nbsp nothing showed up nbsp just that the computer was shut down unexpectedly nbsp ran the dells diagnostics and everything passed nbsp changed out the DVI cable no change monitor would go to sleep ran antivirus anitmalware spyware -- came up clean Took the monitor to the store where it was bought and they ran a video for about minutes and it did not go to sleep nbsp of course the monitor is not under warranty and it is less than year old nbsp we do have another computer same make and model with the same monitor and it has no issues at all installed the newest video driver for GB nVidia Quadro nbsp had to reboot computer after installing the newest driver nbsp the monitor went to sleep right before the login screen nbsp rebooted again same thing nbsp rebooted again and went into safe mode and rolled back to the original driver dated i believe it was in September but the year was nbsp rebooted and the monitor had not gone to sleep while i was still at work nbsp before installing the newest nVidia Quadro drivers nbsp I had gone into device manager and updated the driver from there and when i rebooted the computer I had the same results with installing the newest nVidia Quadro driver the monitor went to sleep just before the login screen This started a couple of months go and then the monitor stop going into the sleep mode nbsp This week it started again nbsp When I opened up the computer to get the model of the video card it was HOT nbsp While i had the computer opened up I blew the dust out of it hoping maybe the dust is the cause of it overheating nbsp I won t know until tomorrow if the monitor went to sleep however I am thinking if it does go to sleep that i probably need to replace the video card nbsp I am looking for other suggestions to do or look for before going out and buying a new card nbsp and if I do need to purchase a new card I am open to suggestions nbsp Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989973
Relevancy 45.58%

My monitor goes into sleep after 1 second. If I turn it off and then back on, it works for 1 sec and then goes back into sleep mode. I unplugged the VGA cable to eliminate the video card as the problem, but it does the same thing. I get the "Self Test" screen for 1 sec and then shuts off. If anyone can help, that would be awesome! Thanks!

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I have been helping an older year old woman with her computer The computer is an HP and is - years old I think The computer boots up XP fine then after about minutes the monitor goes blank and says it is going to sleep So it does The processor continues to run So I turned off the computer I waited a bit then tried to turn it on again Wouldn t come on for about minutes This was after I unplugged and replugged in wall that it would come on again The computer booted up going to sleep monitor just fine Then after about minutes it went to sleep again I check the properties of the monitor and it is set to never go to sleep The woman had always monitor going to sleep turned the computer quot off and on quot every time she was using it until I told her about months ago to leave it on unless she was going to be gone over night or if a storm was coming We live in Indiana and monitor going to sleep have bad storms While this sleeping and rebooting was going on I noticed a quot smell quot coming from the tower And when I felt of the top of the case it is a thin upright case it was so hot close to the back that I couldn t put my hand on it However the monitor itself is not hot After the monitor went to sleep for the rd time I unplugged the computer from the wall After about minutes I could put my hand on the top of the case at the back It was not cool just not real hot anymore And the smell was just about gone I am thinking that possibly the monitor is going out Could it be the connection on the back of the tower that is the problem since it is so hot back there What do you think could be the problem I appreciate all responses By the way I told her to leave the computer unplugged I will be going back over on Thursday to check on it again Thank you so much Maggie nbsp

A:monitor going to sleep

99.9% of the time, if there is a waiting period before resetting or rebooting the hardware, then it is directly related to some kind of heat problem. The 10 minute wait was just to let it cool down. Try taking off the side of the case, and put a fan right next to it blowing air directly inside the case to see how it affects the operation. The fact that you smelled something isn't good. If it (the heat you felt) was on the top rear of the case, then it sounds like the powersupply is getting ready to take a dump.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-going-to-sleep.77760/
Relevancy 45.58%

While playing any full screen video game on my system after anywhere from - minutes of playing my monitor will go into sleep mode The computer still sounds on fans running and what not but I will try commands to shut down and there will be no response The wierd thing is that I ran the dmark demo in a loop for - hours and had no problems Monitor sleep goes to with that but any full screen game does this All my drivers are up to date and updates from windows I Monitor goes to sleep was wondering if anyone knew why this was happening Here is my HijackThis and DxDiag reports Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System msdtc exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT System llssrv exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system Dfssvc exe C WINNT System inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C WINNT system UMonit k exe D Program Files QuickTime qttask exe D Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe D Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C WINNT SOUNDMAN EXE D Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C WINNT system ctfmon exe D Program Files Handspring HOTSYNC EXE c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system wuauclt exe D Program Files Firefox firefox exe D Program Files Trillian trillian exe D PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe C Documents and Settings Administrator BATMAN Local Settings Temp HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - D Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run Gene USB Monitor C WINNT system UMonit k exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot D Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched D Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run AtiPTA atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKCU Run ATI Launchpad quot C Program Files ATI Multimedia main launchpd exe quot O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot D Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe ctfmon exe O - Startup HotSync Manager lnk D Program Files Handspring HOTSYNC EXE O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk D Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - d Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync INETREPL DLL O - Extra button no name - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - d Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync INETREPL DLL O - Extra Tools menuitem Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - d Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync INETREPL DLL O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINNT web related htm O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINNT web related htm O - DPF B F-D BF- -B -FDC F F E B FilePlanet Download Control Class - http www fileplanet com fpdlmgr cabs FPDC cab O - DPF ED DDF - - BBE- - A EDB D A McAfee com Operating System Class - http download mcafee com molbin shared m... Read more

Relevancy 45.58%

computer monitor says monitor going to sleep 

A:Re: Why does my monitor keep going to sleep?

Hi there @wetbones, May the Forums be with you!  I understand that your display is going to sleep on you.  I am happy to give you a hand with this. Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.  HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?  HP PCs - How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer Also please post any details you can about the display you are using and the type of connection it is using?  Whether you have tried testing it connected to another device, or used a different video cable, or connection type? Also please post any error messages you may be seeing. Please let me know when you can.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Re-Why-does-my-monitor-keep-going-to-sleep/td-p/5798396
Relevancy 45.58%

Greetings all I have a problem I need help with When I goes to Monitor sleep? initially start my computer - all specs are here Windows Help Forums - View Profile WartHog My monitor will be fine for a few minutes and then it's like it goes to into sleep mode When it does this it does not say monitor not detected Monitor goes to sleep? or give Monitor goes to sleep? me any other indication of problems Then when I shut it off and turn it back on it comes back on for about seconds and then goes back to a black screen If I shut the monitor off and leave it off for a while it'll stay on again for the initial few minutes I have tried A second monitor Different cables and connectors VGA HDMI and DVI-I A nd graphics card just installed a GEForce GT Funny when I installed this card yesterday the monitor stayed on for about - minutes and then it went back to the symptoms I described earlier Reinstalled monitor drivers Multiple times I have gone into the power options and verified reset to prevent the monitor from going into sleep mode I checked device manager and there are no flags for my monitor I have not gone into BIOS yet nor have I taken the BIOS battery out and reinstalled it I am stumped and would love some help One major limiting factor though is my roughly -minute troubleshooting window on startup Thanks all Beau

A:Monitor goes to sleep?

Looks like figured it out. After slowing down and experimenting some more I'm pretty sure my monitor is bad. So, for now I'm going to ck the box and call this problem fixed. I'll re-open if need be.

Beau

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/332413-monitor-goes-sleep.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My monitor keeps going to sleep and I keep turning it back on. I've tried clicking everything and it just goes to sleep and I feel stuck. All my photos and music and on it will someone please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-monitor-keeps-going-to-sleep.1161611/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have an IBM desktop with a HP pavilion f1703 monitor. Every time I boot up it says "Monitor going to sleep" and shuts down. I've plugged the mointor into my laptop and it works fine. Help! Thanks!

A:Monitor going to sleep

Instantly, or after a while?

If you can get into the desktop, right click anywhere there's not an icon, Properties, Screensaver, Power, and change the "Turn off Monitor" to 20 mins or something.

See how that goes.

If you can't get into the Desktop long enough to do it, press F8 after the POST screen, and select Safe Mode & see if you can do it there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-going-to-sleep.90451/
Relevancy 45.58%

I was cleaning my keyboard one night it got sticky due to kids I have done it before with the computer on i have had monitor go to sleep before I just clicked on the moon shapped button and it came did going - far Monitor to so sleep everything back Well this Monitor going to sleep - did everything so far time it wouldn t It would come back for a bit when i unplugged monitor cord but it would go back to sleep within to seconds So i unplugged it for over a minute and got a few minutes to work on it I already had the settings so that the monitor never went to sleep I tried doing a computer reset to a few days back that did not help it either I thought maybe it was my PC so Monitor going to sleep - did everything so far i switched computers It is still doing it on the other computer Monitor is an Omnitech I would appreciate any advice thank you The light does not always turn orange and sometimes it says no signal imput even though its plugged in Monitor going to sleep - did everything so far Monitor is not even a year old it was bought last january nbsp

A:Monitor going to sleep - did everything so far

Check power saving options in Display Properties in Control Panel. Make sure Windows isn't turning off the monitor prematurely.

-- Andy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-going-to-sleep-did-everything-so-far.134960/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have this problem ...
I use a switch between 2 PC's ... For this reason, I use only one monitor, keyboard and mouse instead of 2. The monitor is a HP 1702. Time to time, when I switch between computers, monitor enters into "Sleeping mode", but only for one computer. Even if I try to reboot the computer with the problem, the monitor won't display anything except "Going to sleep" ... Also, if I try to connect the monitor directly to the computer which is still working, it;s OK. If I want to do this with the other computer ... Nothing.

I tried and I connected the computer to a CRT monitor and, after that, LCD woke up. So, where is the problem? Should I change the monitor everytime when LCD is going to sleep and forgetting to wake up?

A:Monitor is going to sleep

I have a user with the same monitor and same problem. The HP 1702 is going to sleep as she is typing, as if the ACPI settings are turning on with an amber glow coming from the light. After a while it will turn back on fully. We replaced the monitor and she is still experiencing this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-is-going-to-sleep.42787/
Relevancy 45.58%

Computer monitor goes to sleep during boot sequence. finally boots after 4 or 5 tries
Re-seated video card & memory
Tried different monitor & cable
Tried a restored point in normal & safe modes.
No change!
Thanks!

A:Monitor goes to sleep

Hi cv50

sounds like the computer is not outputting to the monitor. The graphics card is either not enabled or, because it was out on the cub, broken. To test if it is not enabled, boot the computer using a linux disc, such as the ubuntu live cd. if the monitor displays something, the graphics card is not configured in windows. otherwise the graphics card is probably broen. be sure that you arent using a broken monitor....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-goes-to-sleep.1023692/
Relevancy 45.58%

Why does the monitor of my computer keeps going to sleep? What are the reasons, it's been doing this frequently. And the only way it turns on again is when I leave it off after from turning it on and off, for 1-2 hours.Here is the model:HP2009fAnd the CPUp6 140d

A:Monitor keeps going to sleep

Hi @Nikki_summer, and thank you for your post.Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that your display keeps going to sleep on you and you have to wait before you can get it to work again. I am happy to help with this. Please post the full product number and operating system for your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information. How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?  The computer model you included does not come up for me, so I want to verify it. What type of connection do you have from the computer to the display?Have you tried to connect that display to a different computer or device and does the same sleep issue occur, or is there any change?Do you have another display to check connected to your computer and does it also go to sleep?Have you tried a different graphics connection on the computer? (DVI/VGA/HDMI) Please let me know when you can. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Monitor-keeps-going-to-sleep/td-p/5559052
Relevancy 45.58%

First post - and need help urgently from some of you good people...

We've got a 60-odd location rollout going on where we're providing a new PC base unit to our sites, but asking them to hook up to their old TFT monitors.

Most of the rollout has gone fine, with PCs and monitors communicating fine - all PCs are DELL Optiplex with standard ghosted build, running XP Pro and all monitors are the same - Compaq TFT 5010.

Having a problem at two sites where PC begins to boot up fine, shows DELL boot screen, XP boot screen, then monitor displays 'going to sleep' and appears to enter a sleep mode which the user cannot break out of.

We can connect remotely to the PC and have checked all power mgmt settings.

One of the sites has never worked, but the other was working fine but now has this problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
J.

A:Monitor going to sleep

You might check the power setting in the computer bios (also ACPI there) as they could be conflicting with what you are downloading. Of course the computers could have bad hardware and be locking up so that the monitors appear to be going to sleep. Do the monitors automatically display that "going to sleep" message when they stop recieving a signal?

You might also want to check the bios levels of the computers to be sure that the failing ones are up to the same level as the good ones.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-going-to-sleep.263432/
Relevancy 45.58%

My samsung syncmaster 152v keeps sleeping and I have tried everything I can think of 2 cure it, but after downloading new drivers for both the monitor and my nvidia geforce fx 5200 graphics card, nothing has worked.

Please help me with some ideas what to do next

thanks

A:Monitor keeps going to sleep!!

Check your power management settings in Windows. Assuming you're using XP...

Start>Control Panel>Power Options

There you will be able to set the various power options for the monitor and hard drive. Make sure your monitor is set to "NEVER", and then you shouldn't have this problem anymore. Let us know if this helps or not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-keeps-going-to-sleep.62512/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with monitor which is a samsung syncmaster 2333. When ever I play a game on my pc with my xbox controller it goes to sleep after a while, when using mouse it never does. The power settings are all set to never sleep or turn off monitor. When it does go to sleep I move my mouse and I'm back in business. Any Ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-to-sleep.199473/
Relevancy 45.58%

hi,

can anyone tell if there's anything i can do besides changing power management in the control panel to "always on" and "never" turn off to keep my monitor from going into a sleep state?

thanks.

A:monitor goes to sleep?

Check your BIOS settings under power management or just Power heading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-to-sleep.37603/
Relevancy 45.58%

My monitor goes into sleep mode while i'am using it. How can I fix this? :hotbounce :hotbounce

A:monitor goes to sleep

Can you wake it back up? Surely its not actually doing this. But just to be sure check your energy saving settings by going to the screen saver and clicking on Power. Set that to never, and see if it still does it.

The monitor should never go to sleep while the system is active from mouse or keyboard input.

Maybe your monitor is going bad?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-to-sleep.36609/
Relevancy 45.58%

I just turn my monitor on then after 2 seconds ot goes to sleep, any ideas how to fix it?

A:Why does my monitor keep going to sleep?

Hello @Bloodwolf, I understand that your monitor keeps going to sleep and you are trying to fix it. I am providing you with some steps you can try below:Step 1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the monitor and the wallStep 2. Hold the power button down for at least one minuteStep 3. Plug the power cord back into the monitor and then into the wall outlet (not a power bar or surge protector)Step 4. Press the Menu button on the monitorStep 5. Navigate to the Factory Reset option and select itStep 6. Double check your connections and possibly replace the cord going from the monitor to the computer if possibleIf the above steps did not resolve your issue you can try the monitor on a computer or other device to see if the issue persists. If it does I think it would be best if you contact HP Technical Support for repair options.Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Why-does-my-monitor-keep-going-to-sleep/td-p/4450300
Relevancy 45.58%

Can anyone help go not sleep!!!! will Help! to Monitor My wife has a Gateway LX - Help! Monitor will not go to sleep!!!! Desktop Computer w Intel Core Quad Q GHz GB DDR TB HDD NVIDIA GT Card running Windows -bit SP We both run Hanns-G HG D quot monitors We updated her GT driver at the beginning of April with GeForce ION v - Beta Not too long after we noticed her monitor would not go to sleep when the system went to sleep We tried various power settings but Help! Monitor will not go to sleep!!!! still nothing We then downloaded the newest update GeForce ION v - WHQL Still nothing So today I uninstalled the last driver and went back to GeForce ION v - WHQL Same thing Monitor will not sleep The monitor driver has never been touched last updated by Hanns-G Don't know what else to do besides trying a video card upgrade Any thoughts MSInfo OS Name Microsoft Windows Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name CHRISTINE-PC System Manufacturer Gateway System Model LX System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc P -A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB

A:Help! Monitor will not go to sleep!!!!

Just want to be sure I understand...

You say that you've got "sleep after n minutes" set in your power scheme, and yet this doesn't happen?? The display driver does not make this happen?

Do you have a screensaver that comes on after say 5 minutes, and supposedly stays active until the sleep time arrives? No screensaver? Are you seeing your screensaver?
You're saying that this monitor used to behave properly with a previous video card, and then you upgraded to a new video card and the monitor stopped going to sleep, and then you tried going back to the old video card and the monitor STILL won't sleep?

Does your monitor go to sleep? Have you tried substituting your monitor for hers, just to see if yours goes to sleep on her PC or not?

Just some trial-and-error hardware swapping would seem like it could zero in on the culprit failing component, if your monitor and your video card induces sleep on your PC... and either works or fails when used on her PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/163194-help-monitor-will-not-go-sleep.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have two monitors set up, and when they go to sleep, one turns back on when I move the mouse, and the other one doesn't. It is an ASUS V2228.

I have played around with all kinds of setting with power management, and nothing seems to work.

It is not a huge problem, all I have to do is turn the monitor off and then on with it's own power button, but it's annoying and I don't know how to fix it! Any direction helps thank you!

A:Monitor Sleep Problems

Do you have multi desktop or extended desktop on?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57941-monitor-sleep-problems.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I loaded an updated driver for my Nvidea 610 MB based card. It now goes to sleep and all I get is a dark screen and have to hard boot it back up to get the monitor to function. I loaded the Windows service packs, but I am pretty sure it has to do with the new drivers.

Is there a way to restore the old ones?

A:Monitor Goes To Sleep, But Never Wakes Up

Try rolling back the driver and see if that solves the problem. Go to Device Manager and double-click on the device. Select the Drivers tab and select Rollback

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/150607/monitor-goes-to-sleep-but-never-wakes-up/
Relevancy 45.15%

When Windows 7 puts my PC into the sleep mode & my Acer LCD monitor goes black, is the monitor actually powering down the lamps or is the PC just not sending it a signal to display?

A:Monitor sleep mode?

Monitors go into a power savings mode when they detect a loss of signal. The PC drops the video signal in sleep mode and the monitor goes into power savings mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/185598-monitor-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Has anyone any ideas please, after starting up after standby, my monitor has no input signal this happens about once in every three times. Because there's no screen, I have to force quit!

Phil

A:Monitor not recognised after sleep

There is probably some kind of hot key combination that will activate it.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/303182-monitor-not-recognised-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 45.15%

my compac presario, operating windows 98, just started putting my monitor into sleep mode as soon as the computer is started. it's not the monitor, because i tried a second one.

as soon as the power on switch is turned on, the monitor goes into sleep mode.

any and all help would be appreciated. i can't even get to "safe" mode to see if it's something there.

in advance, thanks

A:monitor in sleep mode

go to control panel, power options, change the power scheme to your liking...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-in-sleep-mode.281825/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello and good evening. My desktop pc monitor keeps going into sleep mode and I have no idea why.
I have a windows 10 desktop, and the monitor is model is a Hanns.G model. The green power button on the monitor keeps turning orange, and powers off, the time scale is anything from within 10 minutes to about 2-3 hours, and the only soltion is for me to switch off the desktop from the power switch and restart my desktop.
The monitor is connected via normal connection, but I have just ordered DVI cable from amazon to see if it will connect with the DVI cable.
In the meantime can anyone help with any suggestions or solutions please??
Any help would be much appreciated.
Jules

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/my-pc-monitor-keeps-going-sleep-mode-4598573/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys,
Im running windows 7 ult 32 bit. Yesterday, I upgraded my rig, put in new mobo/cpu. Now it fails to sleep properly, the monitor shuts off but pc will stay on. Before that the PC would just go into blinking state. All this changed yesterday, before that everything was fine. Tried everything in power options, Im at my wits end. I like this pc to sleep, cause the case is a wind tunnel XCLEO which has 2 huge Blue fans and they are damn bright... at night. So, when they shut off (sleep)..it's nice.
Any ideas..??? I hope so.

Btw...I wonder if it has something to do with the mobo?? Bios..??

thanks,

A:PC wont sleep, only monitor...tried everything..

Check the BIOS setup power options to make
sure S3 or S4 standby is selected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wont-sleep-only-monitor-tried-everything.928617/
Relevancy 45.15%

So this is the nd time this has come up so I wanted to get some extra opinions on this Last night i goes gaming Monitor during to sleep was playing WAR Online my computer had been on for most of the day and running perfect when all of a sudden my monitor just goes into hibernation It just went black displayed the no DVI signal and refused to respond when attempting to do anything to bring it out of hibernation the only solution was to reset the computer Via the button The first time i have come across this problem was actually a month ago when i first updgraded to the new Nvidia drivers i had been using nvidias Performance package as well for overclocking of my GPU After upgrading to the monitor would cut out upon starting the Monitor goes to sleep during gaming computer up right after windows loads i d see my desktop background for a second then the monitor would shut off I knew at this time that it had to be the drivers i uninstalled everything to do with my Nvidia drivers including the Performance software for overclocking ran Driver cleaner Pro and reinstalled and have been fine now untill last night Im sure this is not a heat issue with my Graphics card as i was running GPUZ to monitor gpu heat after the first time it happened last night My Gpu temps were around c idle and c max under gaming load heres my sys specs Asus P K Deluxe Intel Core Quad Q running at ghz gb OCZ Gold DRR at mhz x Seagate Barracuda gb in Raid BFG GT OC Antec Case Antec Neo Power w PSU Win xp pro sp

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/191773/monitor-goes-to-sleep-during-gaming/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I am trying to run a No to Input Monitor goes sleep.... Radeon HD MB GDDR HD Display but the monitor keeps going to sleep lazy monitor It is a LCD HP w quot Which is brand new monitor I gotten last year very nice monitor Anyways I plug the power pin into my videocard and then I made No Monitor Input goes to sleep.... shure the card was lock in it was plus the fan is working ok not to loud Then I press my I O power switch on and also the monitor nothing just a blank screen on my LCD Monitor So I switch my videocard back to x Radeon DDR MB Pro card No Monitor Input goes to sleep.... my monitor saws it So I check my BIOS screen it is pick as PCI-E which is normal even I download newest drivers from ATI ADM site nothing The box says it really No Monitor Input goes to sleep.... works and I even call Visiontek which I was surprize they anwser Anyways they say did you update the BOIS yes I did did you download newset drivers I say yes I did I guess maybe it could be bad hardware needs to be update from local pc shop etc Thats my only option Its no my CPU I am running on Watts Intel newest intel board running on double core processors And also running on GB of DDR-SDRAM memory Every thing else is up to the date I think I going to return it and get it from my local computer store see they can install cheaper HD card that has DDR GDDR should work fine It has a power cooler on my new ATI thats why I want it If not downgrade should not matter it is so allot newer then my old card nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-monitor-input-goes-to-sleep.96497/
Relevancy 45.15%

The upgrade to BIOS was interrupted and now the monitor goes to sleep mode when powered on.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Monitor-in-sleep-mode/td-p/5839456
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a HP desk top with an older hp 19" monitor. Some mornings when I "wake" the computer up the monitor does not come on. I have to unplug it from the power and plug it back in.

Anyone know how to fix this other than keeping it on all the time?

Thanks

A:Monitor not turning on after going to sleep?

Welcome to the forum.

The first step may be to check for updated drivers.

Go to device manager and look for any yellow warnings posters indicating problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/62956-monitor-not-turning-after-going-sleep.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Is there a way to change the time limit in which the sleep mode is activated. I would like to extend it about 5 minutes. Thank you for your help.

A:monitor sleep mode

Hi BassFisher,

Certainely. Step Two in this tutorial will show you how to adjust your Power Plan Options to what you want them for the Display sleep time.

Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/159257-monitor-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Dell XPS MT running Vista bit Home Premium Radeon HD graphics card and a Dell monitor Over the last month or so my monitor will not Sleep Will Up Not After Wake Monitor wake up after I manually put the computer to sleep The CPU light fan etc comes on as well as the keyboard lights but the monitor will not come on I have to hold the power button in for seven seconds or so and the computer will go back into some sort of a sleep mode Pressing the power button again the computer will beep twice then pause and then it Monitor Will Not Wake Up After Sleep repeats the beep sequence I hold in the power button to again turn it off A single press of the power button brings the computer back to life and after a while quot Resuming Window quot shows up on the screen Even when I shut the computer down I sometimes have to hold in the power button for several seconds before the computer will boot I have tried several things to remedy the situation System Restore updating the video card driver re-seating the video card on the mother board restoring the Display Devices control panel it has gone away a couple of times I also ran the diagnostics on the Dell site and everything came up as working correctly I am not sure if I have a hardware or software problem I was just about to reload the operating system today but knowing how long it would take to re-install software and files I decided to search the forums a bit more I have seen several posts on forums regarding this condition but have not found an answer yet I hope one of you can help me out

A:Monitor Will Not Wake Up After Sleep

Welcome
Begin by changing your power settings from save energy to High Performance.
If that does not work, talk to me about the beeps
LOng?
Short
Big space between beeps etc.
What is make and model of your computer?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298062-monitor-will-not-wake-up-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 45.15%

When Windows 98 is just starting to open, the monitor immediately goes to sleep mode and you cannot wake it up.

A:monitor goes to sleep immediately

It sounds like Windows was set for a resolution or refresh rate that is not supported by your monitor. You need to start in safe mode to change it back.

------------------
Frenat
------------------
Eagles may fly high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-goes-to-sleep-immediately.36481/
Relevancy 45.15%

I just bought a new PC but kept my old monitor. When i plug the monitor in it goes directly into sleep mode. If i unplug it it comes out of sleep mode and says the connection is no good. The monitor still works fine with the old computer. Whats going on here?

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi there long time reader first post I really hope someone can help me with this I do have extensive knowledge of both computer hw and Windows OS but this problem is driving me crazy New build Mobo Asus H M-K CPU I GB RAM Kingstone Video GeForce GB wake sleep, won't Monitor from everything tried ram Sata drives Optical Monitor won't wake from sleep, tried everything device all brand new everything works flawlessly but the only thing is if I put the computer in sleep mode for more than few minutes when I wake the machine either pressing a key on the keyboard or pushing the power button tried no difference no signal on the monitor Fans will spin but monitor will be black and the only way to exit this stall is to force power off Monitor won't wake from sleep, tried everything no good Things I tried did checked Chipset updated Bios flashed to the last available Intel Management Engine Driver updated Graphic card LAN audio drivers updated any other possible driver updated all manually Power plan custom set to never sleep never turn off screen no screensaver no device can turn off to save power in short everything is set for maximum performance nothing turns off automatically Mouse can't wake the computer up keyboard can All the power saving modes and options in the EUFI BIOS are turned off speed step turned off core parking disabled turbo boost disabled no overclock Only C state supported is S at the bottom of this post the list of devices supporting S vs all devices nothing strange graphic card was my doubt but is there it does support the S state just fine In the BIOS the primary default video is set to PCI also putting it to AUTO didn't chance things I noticed something I don't have an option for hybernate but that's because the only supported C state saw this with the powercfg in the cmd is the S so I suppose is normal not to have hybernate option even it I did enabled it So yeah I don't know what else to try it is very annoying as I have to put the computer in sleep mode and wake it up very often during the day and turning it on and off it's just not so healthy for it I really hope someone can help me with this thank you for reading so far here's the list of the devices vs devices supporting S altho' as I said nothing seems out of place powercfg devicequery all devices Intel R th Gen Core processor DRAM Controller - C Intel R Series C Series USB EHCI - C D High precision event timer WAN Miniport PPTP UMBus Enumerator Direct memory access controller Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Generic volume HID Keyboard Device WAN Miniport SSTP ST DM - ER ATA Device PCI bus HID-compliant device UMBus Enumerator Intel R Xeon R processor E - v th Gen Core processor PCI Express x Con troller - C Terminal Server Keyboard Driver Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller UNKNOWN Generic volume Terminal Server Mouse Driver System CMOS real time clock USB Mass Storage Device USB Root Hub USB Input Device Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator SanDisk Cruzer Edge USB Device Generic volume Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz System board DAEMON Tools Virtual Bus Intel R Series C Series SATA AHCI Controller - C ST AS ATA Device ACPI Fixed Feature Button USB Root Hub Intel R Management Engine Interface High Definition Audio Device HID-compliant consumer control device Motherboard resources UMBus Root Bus Enumerator HID Keyboard Device Motherboard resources Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Microsoft Virtual Drive Enumerator Driver HID-compliant device Motherboard resources Generic volume USB Mass Storage Device Volume Manager Intel R Series C Series PCI Express Root Port - C Intel R H LPC Controller - C C USB Composite Device Motherboard resources USB Composite Device Realtek High Definition Audio Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Numeric data processor HID-compliant device USB Mass Storage Device ACPI Fan Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel R Series C Series PCI Express Root Port - C Generic volume ATA Channel WD EADS External USB Device ACPI Fan ACPI Fan Intel R USB Root Hub ... Read more

Relevancy 45.15%

I just changed out the K7SEM Micro ATX motherboard in my computer with an identical board (used one). My computer is about 5 yrs old, it is a V2 Premier 100/133 mhz, Windows XP os, with DVD, floppy drive, cd/rw.
Just a basic computer.
My problem is, when I power up, the monitor immediately goes into sleep mode before anything appears on the screen, so I am not able to run any setups etc. I am using the same HD as I was before, so everything should still be on it.
Any suggestions as to how to fix the problem would be appreciated.

Thanks, clueless1

Edit: Please post in the proper forum, from now on.

A:monitor goes into sleep mode

this bios settings in the mobo you are using have probably been changed, or there isnt enough power..or the mobo is defective...where did you buy it from.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-into-sleep-mode.49001/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi any advice to sleep" "monitor startup on going on this issue would be greatly appreciated the other day i booted up my slimline s t the monitor showed a box indicating no input for dvi and vga which then changed to monitor going to sleep i turned it off and reseated everything it fired up fine and started up ok again for the past "monitor going to sleep" on startup couple days today however it's doing it again this time with reseating having no effect nbsp I tried hooking it up to my tv via hdmi and that also indicated no input that leads me to believe that the monitor and or the cable are not the culprit I'm thinking either the video card power supply or motherboard unfortunately i dont have any spare parts with which to test the fans seem to be working ok i dont think its the power settings since this happens straight off the boot i can hear sound through the speakers as it goes into windows i checked for loose cables and everything seems secure nbsp any thoughts as to the most likely cause before i start replacing stuff one by one nbsp thanks for your time nbsp nbsp

A:"monitor going to sleep" on startup

First, try reinstalling or updating the drivers for your monitor.  See if that makes a difference.  If not, do the same for your video card. Let us know what you find out.

In this forum, clicking on Kudos is a great way of saying thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/quot-monitor-going-to-sleep-quot-on-startup/td-p/96133
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello in the last days my computer desktop and monitor not going to sleep the things i changed in the last day was installing clover program dont think thats going to not Computer+Monitor sleep the problem updating windows i am using windows i tred power manger in cmd Computer+Monitor not going to sleep nothing interrupting when i treyd in cmd quot powercfg -energy it gave me errors warnings information Errors Power Policy Power Plan Personality is High Performance Plugged In The current power plan personality is High Performance when the system is plugged in Power Policy Minimum processor performance state is Plugged In The processor is not configured to automatically reduce power consumption based on activity Power Policy PCI Express ASPM is disabled Plugged In The current power policy for PCI Express Active State Power Management ASPM is configured to Off USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Mass Storage Device Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C D Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Root Hub Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C D Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID C D Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name Generic USB Hub Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C D Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name Generic USB Hub Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Root Hub Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID C Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Composite Device Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Mass Storage Device Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID C amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Detection Driver USB Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C D Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID E amp PID Port Path Platform Power Management Capabilities PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM Disabled PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer Warnings Platform Timer Resolution P... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/392942-computer-monitor-not-going-sleep.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,
We've been having this problem on and off for a few weeks now. The tower turns on but is very quiet and the monitor tells us that is is in D-Sub power save mode and will not come on. We tried putting the computer in safe mode by pushing the power button and tapping F8 at the same time. We have also tried shutting everything down and unplugging. No luck.

Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 191T LCD Monitor and have noticed a problem that happens off and on.
First off I have the power setting to turn off monitor after 15 minutes.
If I am away for an hour or 2 and go back to the computer and move the mouse and my monitor flashes light I can see the desktop then it goes black as if it is confused... I move the mouse and it lights up again. If I stop moving the mouse it goes black. If I move the mouse it lights up but doesn't stay on. I then reboot or move the mouse for a minute solid and all is ok. Any ideas?
One thing I have done is add 1 gig of ram. The system works fine, no error messages at all. I had this happen 1 time before I added the gig so it may not be a factor.

Thanks
Steve

A:My monitor likes to sleep

Steve, instead of setting the monitor to shut off after a set amount of time, set everything to "Always On" and just push the power button on the monitor and turn it off manually. When you return, turn it back on. Saves power and you don't have to wait for the system to decide if it wants you to use it or not.Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-monitor-likes-to-sleep.284494/
Relevancy 45.15%

I bought a new PC months ago Since Sleep PC but out Mode, not Comes Monitor of I had this PC I PC Comes out of Sleep Mode, but not Monitor have encountered a repeated problem with the Sleep Mode per the Monitor The PC and monitor will go into sleep mode when the mouse is moved the PC comes out of sleep mode but not the monitor I have contacted HP support to resolve this issue with negative results BIOS drivers have been updated with negative results Updates per HP pertaining to this problem have also been updated again with negative results I even loaded all my programs one by one to make sure they are not the problem I have reformatted this PC several times PC Comes out of Sleep Mode, but not Monitor now The PC and monitor work fine for awhile and then the problem occurs again This last time I updated Windows Update by clicking the start button and then clicked on the button to put the PC in a low power state It had the Windows Update icon which will install the updates and then shut down the computer This morning I turned the PC on and the monitor was fine Both went into sleep mode but an hour later I came back and moved the mouse and PC Comes out of Sleep Mode, but not Monitor the PC powered up from sleep mode but not the Monitor I am thinking it has to do with Vista All drivers are working properly Any information would help

A:PC Comes out of Sleep Mode, but not Monitor

I have this same problem but as yet have not found a solution either. For me it doesnt happen everytime it goes to sleep. Just seems to be completely random.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/180381-pc-comes-out-sleep-mode-but-not-monitor.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,
I just changed from DVI to HDMI and now when I shutdown my computer my monitor will not enter sleep mode, and will display 'Cable Not Connected' as shown in the image attached. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

A:Monitor will not sleep on shutdown

I think this might be related to the way the Display Power Management Signaling (DPMS) is handled by the DVI and HDMI ports. It may be that your monitor does not support DPMS for both DVI and HDMI. Check the monitor specification and see if there are any menu settings that you can change for how the monitor handles DPMS. Which monitor do you have?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/36724-monitor-will-not-sleep-shutdown.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi my HP pavilion 22xi monitor keeps shutting off after just a few minutes whether I'm using my PC or not.  The screen goes off and but the white light to indicate power is on (note it doesn't go to orange ). I have checked the cables.  Its only when when I unplug and replug the power back in that it resumes and I can see a screen again.  Any ideas ? Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Monitor-keeps-going-into-sleep-mode/td-p/5620256
Relevancy 45.15%

Can someone recommend a simple utility that makes the monitor sleep by just pressing a keyboard shortcut or moving the mouse to certain position on the screen?

A:monitor sleep utility?

Give this page a try:

http://www.energy-solution.com/off-equip/configuring-monitors.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-sleep-utility.482510/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a 1 year old Gateway desktop running Windows 7 home premium with 4gb ram. Sometimes, when I am working and the system may be idle for 15 min or so, the monitor will go into sleep mode. It shows no signal, and no keyboard action will awaken it. I have the power settings to never turn off and the screen saver is off as well. I swapped out the monitor with another and it did the same thing, so I think I have eliminated hardware. I then went to the device mgr and attempted a driver update, which said I had the latest driver. The only way it will come back on is to cold boot the system. BTW, I have reseated the video cable as well. Also, when this happens, the keyboard is dead as well.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-goes-to-sleep-and-wont-respond.1011074/
Relevancy 45.15%

hour hibernation for both CPU and monitor worked perfectly for about two weeks waking up with a touch to the spacebar Then a few days ago the monitor would not wake up but the computer did Now if sleep to NEVER set Monitor hibernate to when goes I turn off the AC power to both units and then re-boot the monitor will turn on but will go back to sleep in about minutes with the blue light blinking The computer will complete a DL or backup with monitor sleeping so it appears OK Checks so far Updated drivers for Monitor goes to sleep when hibernate set to NEVER both monitor and video card with latest available Also updated chipset and BIOS Swapped monitors between computers and the problem went to the second monitor Main monitor worked all day on second computer Spoke to ASUS tech support and was told that the monitor is controlled by the OS Suggested I enable ACPI support default disabled and disable ACPI APIC Support default enabled in BIOS Won't boot to OS when ACPI APIC Support disabled Found a few similar cases on the Internet but no solutions Even tried turning off hibernation and setting monitor timeouts in the Powercfg using CMD prompt Re-installed OS big mistake as it took several hours to get re-registered System OS - Windows Ultimate bit CPU - Intel i - OC'd to GHz MB - Asus P T Deluxe V Video card - EVGA GeForce GTX Air cooler - Thermalright Ultra HD - x GB WD VelociRaptors Memory - GB Corsair latency PS - Corsair HX DVD - Plextor x

A:Monitor goes to sleep when hibernate set to NEVER

Try going to Control Panel power Options, click, choose to turn off display, then click Advanced power settings and look through the list of options.

Power Plan Settings - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/39821-monitor-goes-sleep-when-hibernate-set-never.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a HP 2009M monitor. It is stuck in sleep mode and it won't come out of it. I have tried the cords all the cables turning on and off the computer since I can only turn it off by forcing it to reboot I have touched all the functions on the monitor and it does not wake up it doesn't allow me to get into the computer to see anything just a black screen.just lately I did A download and it what is working after the download but I noticed that the grade of the monitor was granie. Please help!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:my monitor is in sleep mode and it can't get out

Hi! You might try a power reset. It has helped me a couple of times on seniors computers in my village.Shut down your computer. Unplug your tower from the AC outlet. Hold the power button for 30 seconds with the tower unplugged from the AC outlet. Plug the power cord back in to the tower. hold power button until lights come on(5seconds)This clears the memory and discharges the capacitors. It works for me. If your monitor has gone bad, that's a different story. You will need excess to another monitor.Dokie!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/my-monitor-is-in-sleep-mode-and-it-can-t-get-out/td-p/3229067
Relevancy 45.15%

First off, this is a post about a monitor that goes to sleep whenever it feels like. I think this is a XP problem and not a hardware. If and when this problem is established as hardware. Just notify me and I shall move it to the appropriate section.

Problem: For the past few weeks my computer has decided to go to sleep whenever it feels like it, especially as I start one of my games. The monitor "turns off" and goes a pale orange colour, like when asleep. It does not go bright orange (turned off). I still am able to move etc. start programs, shoot people in the game etc but the monitor is in "sleep".

Anyone have any ideas what this could be or how to fix it? I have gone to the Power Options in control panel and made sure everything is set the never.

All help is appreciated,
Grove

Relevancy 45.15%

My system specs are as follows CPU AMD Athlon X Mobo ASUS M N -AM SE RAM Crucial MB PC DDR VID PNY GeForce GT OC MB HDD WD Caviar GB SATA- G HDD Seagate GB SATA- G DVD HP X DVDRW Internal IDE w Lightscribe CASE Power Up Black Mid T ATX Case w w PSU OS Windows Home bit A mode. into Monitor sleep not going few days ago I noticed my monitor was not Monitor not going into sleep mode. going to sleep It seems to have started after I tried Windows Live Mesh or at least that s when I noticed it anyway The only Monitor not going into sleep mode. other software or drivers I ve installed since I last knew it was going into sleep mode is the Microsoft IntelliType Pro software I ve unistalled Live Mesh and the IntelliType software and still no go I ve even tried system restore to a point a day before I knew the monitor was going into sleep mode System is now and always has been malware free I installed MSE Malware bytes and even SuperAntiSpyware to be sure The only programs running are Live Messenger Yahoo Messenger and I do use Media Center with my tv tuner They have always been running and never stoped the monitor from going to sleep before nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Prelude:

My monitor power button is broken so I leave it powered and it goes to sleep after 15 minutes. That's all good except there are times when I want it to sleep 'now'. Its a big bright screen and lights up the room and it can seem a long 15 minutes until it dims.

If I use the Windows sleep shortcut, it puts the whole computer to sleep and then my wireless mouse and keyboard don't respond to wake it up.

Question: Is there a shortcut that will just put my monitors to sleep?

I found this program but Avast flagged it as infected.

A:Monitor sleep shortcut?

Hello Roger,

You might see if this below for a turn off display context menu may help.

Turn Off Display - Add to Desktop Context Menu in Windows

OR

Lock Computer and Turn Off Monitor - Add to Desktop Context Menu

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/372736-monitor-sleep-shortcut.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi friends I recently decided to reformat my computer on which I had vista I ve done this several times before without any incidents During the formatting the monitor went black and showed a small window with the message quot monitor goes to sleep quot Monitor sleep up wake not and goes to does neither the mouse nor the keyboard could wake it up but the computer was running normally I waited a few hours to allow the vista to be reinstalled from the recovery partition and then I turned the computer off from the button When I turned it on the first thing I saw was a line on a black screen which said that there was an error in formatting the hard disk and nothing else Since I could not start the formatting process again I used an old cd Monitor goes to sleep and does not wake up with XP and tried to install xp I assumed that formatting from a cd would erase my partition C and the recovery partition D And here is my problem after - minutes during the instalation of xp the monitor went to a deep sleep again I left the pc running for an hour or more to let xp to install and then I turned it off When I turned it on xp was booted but it saw only gb of my gb having only one partition After - minutes of being awake the monitor went to sleep again I tried to change the settings for the monitor but there is no sleep option nor hybernation only turn off monitor and turn off pc Somebody told me that I may have rootkits and formatting does not erase the master boot record and I should use kill disk I did but with the monitor going to sleep I was not able to watch the entire process and controll it or respond to any questions So the kill disk erased the hard again and I reinstalled the xp but there is no difference the monitor still goes to sleep afte about minutes the computer does not see the internet connection probably I m missing a lot of drivers and I cannot do any updates I conected another monitor and it did the same so the problem is not from the monitor Any help would be appreciated Thanks alpop

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/400237/monitor-goes-to-sleep-and-does-not-wake-up/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a year old Gateway desktop running Windows home premium with gb ram Sometimes when I am working and the system may be idle for min or so the monitor will go into sleep mode It shows no signal and no keyboard action will awaken it I have the power settings to never turn off and the screen saver is off as well I swapped out the monitor with another and it did the same thing so I think I have eliminated hardware I then went to the device mgr and attempted a driver update which said I had the latest driver The only way it will come back on is to cold boot the system BTW I have reseated the video cable as well I have looked at the m b and all looks ok No bulging capacitors or to and goes respond sleep won't Monitor excessive dust on processor etc Keep in mind that when this monitor goes to sleep the system is still operating correctly with fans running and the power light is on steady No matter what I do to try to wake up the monitor is is not responsive I have to hold down the power button on the tower for a few seconds to shut it down I then wait a few Monitor goes to sleep and won't respond minutes and bring Monitor goes to sleep and won't respond the system back on Also when this happens the keyboard is dead as well Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-to-sleep-and-wont-respond.168937/
Relevancy 45.15%

I just had a new graphics card (GeForce 550Ti) and new power supply (700w) installed just a few days ago. My computer ran completely fine all day yesterday, but today it started randomly shutting off the monitor and it would not wake up again. So after manually restarting my computer it now freezes up within 5 minutes of startup.

A:Monitor Randomly Going to Sleep

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can then update your Computer Spec Profile with this info.
Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

Also, details on your new power supply?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-randomly-going-to-sleep.1080943/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello guys Around last week I noticed when I moved the mouse to wake up the monitor it would show the desktop then go black I would turn the monitor on and off a few times and the monitor would come sleep into mode Monitor going back on without problems for the rest of the day However today the trick did not work and the monitor s green light went back to an orange red saying there was no input I switched monitors hoping that the monitor was the problem but the second monitor immediately stated that was there no input and also went into sleep mode At that point I switched my gt with another pc s gt just to see if it was the video card Needless to say neither video card gave an input to westinghouse monitor main one I then switched the gt back into it s original pc and the sony monitor works fine I know this is a lot of information maybe needless as well but I m kind of confused now The computer having the problem doesn t shut down or overheat or anything but it s just not sending any input towards Monitor going into sleep mode the monitor I m sorry if my information is jumbled up and confusing but I myself am confused at the moment Monitor going into sleep mode Any help would be much appreciated thank you nbsp

A:Monitor going into sleep mode

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-going-into-sleep-mode.1062197/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have recently bought and installed a Microsoft wireless desktop 6000 set with wireless keyboard and wireless laser mouse. Ever since then, my monitor will not shut down automatically or go into sleep mode or whatever. It won't go into screensaver mode, either. I have checked my settings, even tried changing them. I have tried moving the keyboard and mouse away from the receiver. I have moved the receiver farther away from the monitor, keyboard, etc. It is just a minor inconvenience having to manually turn off my monitor all the time. I am using a Dell dimension 2400 with windows XP, sp2. I will greatly appreciate any help. Thank you.

Relevancy 45.15%

First my parents unplugged a few things out of anger one day That was a year ago they ve keeps HP Pavillion to going sleep My monitor finally given me my computer back and I hooked everything back up inside no problem I went to turn in on and the monitor will start and then say going to sleep then start itself up again given you the option of normal mode or safe mode If you go into safe mode My HP Pavillion monitor keeps going to sleep you re fine if you go into Normal mode it goes through that process of monitor going to sleep and starting up again I thought maybe it was the tower because of me maybe missing something small in it that would cause something big Well I took it to a friend who went to school for that and he took the memory card out put it back in and hooked it up to his monitor and it ran perfectly fine in normal mode Woohoo Well I took it home and it s still doing it on my monitor so I can come to the conclusion that I narrowed it down to it s the monitor not the tower well I looked at the settings and it shows a recommended setting for a thousand some number x a thousand some number can t check at the moment or I would and then it says GHRZ when in safe mode the first numbers are smaller than the recommended but it meets the GHRZ it s actually so would that mean in normal mode it s not meeting that and that s why it keeps restarting the monitor like that When I restored the other day I was given an option of installing hardware for the monitor I clicked continue anyways I m now in the process of restoring and seeing more details about that and maybe trying no this time to see where I can t get But even if it were to fix the problem or it weren t could anyone suggest anything or explain anything more to me Thank you for taking your time to read this and thank you if you were to reply I really appreciate it nbsp

A:My HP Pavillion monitor keeps going to sleep

Update

I completely restore the PC to it's original self from the manufactoror I can't spell. And it's fine.. nothing at all wrong with it. Now. I installed my linksys wireless card fine, but when I put it in. that's when the monitor keeps restarting on me. when I take it out, it loads fine. BUT when my friend plugged it into his computer, it worked fine, with the lnksys card in it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hp-pavillion-monitor-keeps-going-to-sleep.117437/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all,

I'm having some issue with my monitor deciding not to sleep. The system will sleep correctly, but as soon as it does, the monitor begins displaying "Check Signal Cable."

What's interesting is that the problem cropped up randomly, leading me to believe a Windows Update is responsible. I've been using the same copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, the same HP w2408h monitor, and the same set of Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard, and it used to have no issues powering down the monitor when the computer shut off.

If the computer is running, the monitor sleeps correctly (using the 5 min timer through the Windows power management); it's only when the computer itself sleeps or turns off that the monitor refuses to power down.

I've already turned off hibernate using the powercfg command in the elevated command prompt: same issue.

Anyone have any suggestions or had a similiar problem?

Relevancy 45.15%

I'm using XP. When my computer goes to sleep, it won't wake up. Shaking the mouse, pressing key, and restoring do nothing. I have to turn off and turn on the CPU, but it just goes back to sleep again like Sleeping Beauty. Are there any princes or princesses out there that can show me how to wake this darn thing up, please? By the way, my user name is just a short version of my first name, Teecha. I'm novice to computers - Therefore, if you can assist, please post step-by-step instructions on what I should do. Thank you.

A:Monitor or CPU goes to sleep and won't wake up

Hello tech166 welcome to TSF! Hibernate or sleep? They are two different things. Do you have any programs open before the computer goes to sleep?

Or you can shut of the sleep mode by going to

1. Start>Control Panel>Power options

2. On the Power Schemes tab, select Home/Office Desk in the Power Schemes drop-down box

3. In the box labeled System standby, select Never

4. Click OK to save your changes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/monitor-or-cpu-goes-to-sleep-and-wont-wake-up-631335.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello I have done lots of eliminating SLEEP WAKE from won't MONITOR so hopefully someone out there has the real solution for this I have Vista Home Premium bit SP If I choose SLEEP mode it is my MONITOR that won't re-wake When in sleep I touch the mouse or keyboard and my CPU DOES re-wake because I can hear the fan kick back on and the light on it lites back up but a signal is not sent to wake the monitor I thought it might be the video cards I have cards so Dell replaced both under my warranty I have made sure the video card drivers have been updated in fact a newest published driver is only weeks old I then had Dell replace the monitor too but that was not it either So I have done lots of eliminating with hardware and drivers but nothing helps so I'm thinking it has something to do with VISTA not sending a signal from the mouse keyboard or even the CPU to tell the monitor to wake up Even if I press the power button on the monitor it will light up MONITOR won't WAKE from SLEEP for a few seconds and then give the message quot entering power save mode quot and go back to black It is like the monitor has been told 'you are in power save mode - stay MONITOR won't WAKE from SLEEP there' Lastly another site suggested that some mice keyboard software have an option to choose them to allow them to send a signal to wake monitor from sleep but there is no type of choice for that on mine that MONITOR won't WAKE from SLEEP I find

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/monitor-wont-wake-from-sleep-433980.html
Relevancy 45.15%

All settings are set to never allow the monitor to go into sleep mode but it does. I am quite sure it is the computer that is doing it as I can move the mouse and it comes back on.I think there are settings in the bios that need to be changed, but i don't know which ones. I have an Phoenix Award bios. Any help would be appreciated. Stream.

A:Monitor goes into sleep mode when set to never

I personally know several models of monitors have their own sleep mode. I would do this as a prank since they also had a mode where the monitors would turn off at a certain time of the day.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/88001-monitor-goes-into-sleep-mode-when-set-never.html
Relevancy 45.15%

hi  I am sahar  i am facing some problem while using my Pc  the problem is that  while working on the computer like using internet ,etc the pc unfortunately says monitor going to sleep and doesn't open after clicking or pressing any keyi am fedup of this problem plz help me 

A:monitor going to sleep while working

Hi @Saharcoldy,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with computer not responding. I will be glad to help you. Here are some documents to help.Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered (Windows 10, 8, 7) Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/monitor-going-to-sleep-while-working/td-p/5602381
Relevancy 45.15%

Has anybody seen this??

Customer brought in computer (Lenovo with Win7) and I was told there was a video issue, that the monitor was showing a "no signal" all the time. Booted and it ran fine, then while running updates I noticed that the monitor would power off fairly quickly.

I looked at the power settings, it was set to Performance. I clicked on plan settings and under Monitor goes to sleep option the selection was set to ">1 (Under 1 minute)" !!! I changed it to a more reasonable 30 minutes, and the "Under 1 minute" option disappeared!

Can anyone shed light on this? Where did this setting come from??

Thanks!

A:Monitor goes to sleep every 15 seconds!

Lenovo has it's own Power Manager utility, it may have been set through that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-goes-to-sleep-every-15-seconds.1105072/
Relevancy 45.15%

Relatively minor issue but annoying I have my computer set to shut off my monitors xDell U M after minutes of inactivity Which it does except that then they immediately turn back on and only on the second minute interval do they actually stay off Both are connected by DVI to a Radeon R video card The same monitors and cables I was using on Wake Monitor After Sleep a previous system with a GeForce Ti without this issue I've tried updating the Catalyst drivers scouring the Catalyst and Windows settings looking for anything that might explain this Initially the quot Alternate DVI operation mode Monitor Wake After Sleep quot was checked in the Catalyst drivers so I undid that for both displays no change Not using GPU image scaling monitors are at their native resolution I'm dubious that it's some kind of program activity since they shut off and Monitor Wake After Sleep stay off the second time around and I haven't been using my computer in all that time This is on an system with all the latest patches as of today Everything looks perfect no graphical distortions or artifacts and x is easily within the reach of DVI So I've got nothing when it comes to explaining why this is happening but maybe someone else out there does

A:Monitor Wake After Sleep

Did you check in the monitor's menu if it has some of it's own power saving features. ? I had similar problems with one of my monitors, turning it off helped.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/56670-monitor-wake-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 45.15%

hi all.

i am trying to get my home server system to sleep when its not in use and having some issues.

i have set the display timeout in the power options to 1 min, but it simply dosent turn off the display. i am using a Kogan 27" display through DVI and a Viewsonic 24" display through DVI. i have been trying to get all the sleep functions to work for the system aswell, but having trouble with the monitor and the sleep after time,. but for now i just want to get the monitor sorted.

acording to all i have read, everything should be set right. but i dont know if it logs anything in the event viewer as to why the monitor wont sleep. is there perhaps a log i can check?

Jason

A:Monitor will not sleep after specified time

have also done some trouble shooting and trying other things.

the computer also will not enter screen saver mode. i have it set to 1 min and after 5, still nothing.

i have a logitech BT mouse and keyboard. i have set that to not wake the computer, and same for the network. and in the back i have nothing plugged in except for power, fibre optic audio, ethernet and monitors. i have also tried removing the usb BT adapter to eliminate that, and it still wont enter screen saver or display off.

got me stumped.

Jason

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/357181-monitor-will-not-sleep-after-specified-time.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Not sure what's going on here.

My PC just started acting up. The monitor goes to sleep (there's still power to it but it's like it's not getting a signal) and then a while later the PC switches off as if I pressed and held the power button.

I'm really not sure what to do and not sure if it's a possible virus/malware.

Problem still occurs in Safe Mode and monitor won't stay on long enough to allow me to try a Restore or run a virus scan.

Using a Dell Studio XPS on Windows 7 Home premium.

A:Monitor going to sleep & PC shutting down

Do you have a spare monitor you can test it with? Or even hook the PC up to a TV screen?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-going-to-sleep-pc-shutting-down.1130392/
Relevancy 45.15%

I would like my monitor to stay on all the time. I have set all the area's that I can find to leave the monitor on in W7. But after 15mins. the monitor will turn off. Is there a area that I might have missed? Thanks!

A:Monitor and sleep mode

Did you go to control panel>power options>display settings>turn off monitor (never)

Power Plan Settings - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/86388-monitor-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have just installed a new samsung monitor to my W7 PC. When I sleep the PC the monitor just responds with "No signal. Check cable" and stays powered up. I have checked out the Power management options and Device manager without any success. The previous HP monitor worked fine right up until it was removed. Nothing else has been changed. There are no menu settings on the monitor itself that appear to be related to this issue. Does anyone have another option to fix what might be causing this? Many thanks.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/monitor-does-not-sleep-command-4603633/
Relevancy 45.15%

I need help guys. I always experience this. I don't know what is the problem with my desktop. Here is the image. https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...29600071_o.jpg thanks in advance.

A:Monitor goes to sleep, but cpu still running.

Follow steps in the guide by Capt Jack Sparrow - Bug Check 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR Troubleshooting Tips | Captain Debugger

Quote: Originally Posted by TVeblen

What you are experiencing is a TDR event (Timeout Detection & Recovery). There are many causes of these events, mostly hardware related. Please read my checklist below and see if you can diagnose your particular cause.

A couple of things jump out immediately. Your specs say you have 5GB of RAM, an odd number. That suggests that you added some RAM at some point. Mismatched or failing RAM modules can cause TDRs. You might want to test those sticks one at a time in Slot 1 before anything else. RAM problems can explain some of your other issues too.

Looking at some of your other posts I see you are running dual monitors also. This could be exposing a defect in your 9500GT that is triggering the TDRs. You should test with only one monitor attached to see if this is the case.

You are running lots of stuff on that box, so I would be as deliberate as possible in doing the diagnostic work.

"Display driver xxxxx stopped responding and was recovered"

Timeout Detection & Recovery (TDR) = "Display Driver Stopped Responding and was Recovered" is a useful feature that started in Vista and is also in W7 that allows the OS to try and recover from a video timeout so that the system does not crash to a bluescreen. Symptoms included a screen flash with the TDR message appearing one or more times or the screen blinking out to black. If the system cannot recover it will crash (Stop Error 116 typical). The issue is that the video card is not responding as expected. The solution is in the: why?

There is no one-size-fits-all solution to TDR errors. But the problem is usually found in the local environment (your computer). Finding the cause is a matter of checking every possible cause and uncovering the culprit through a simple process of elimination. By methodically running down a checklist of diagnostic procedures you should be able to find the cause and can correct it.

There are numerous reports of hardware solutions to TDR's. The most common are:
Poor Cooling
Problems with the power supply
Overclocking Issues
Bad System memory or incorrect memory timings
Defective PC Components

The order you do the diagnostics is not all that important. My personal strategy is to do the cheap & easy stuff first, the cheap & harder stuff next, and then the stuff that costs last. But whatever order you do it in you need to check or confirm the following:

SOFTWARE
Poorly written software and games will cause TDRs. But if this were the case it would affect lots of people, not just a few. Check the game's website & forums for patches and tips.
See if other people in the forums are having the same problem and if they were able to solve it and how.
You could also be asking too much of your video card. Check to see if your video card is tested and recommended for the game/program. Test the game at reduced settings.

WHAT ACTIONS CAUSE THE PROBLEM
It helps if you can isolate the actions that trigger the TDR. Most often it will be an application using 3D graphics. But if the incidents occur constantly it would point more towards defective hardware. If it happens more specifically (just when running Game X) it points towards overheating, settings, software, or driver issues.

GENERAL SYSTEM PERFORMANCE
You need to eliminate the possibility that your computer has a global problem. You can use a program like Prime95 to stress test your system. Free Software - GIMPS
You can run the "Stress Test" for a few hours or overnight. This will not tell you what the problem is, but it is helpful to uncover any issues your system has with instability and cooling.

OVERHEATING
Running a video intensive game for ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/291222-monitor-goes-sleep-but-cpu-still-running.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am setting up a lenovo thinkpad with two additional monitors.

When I close the lid on the laptop. One monitor stays powered up but the second monitor enters sleep mode.

There must be a setting controlling this. I have looked all over the "power" settings and the "display" settings but can not find a setting controlling this.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thank in advance.

Bruce

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568502/2nd-monitor-goes-into-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 45.15%

I recently updated my video card as well as installed a number of Windows updates. Since that time, my monitor has difficulty coming back from a low-power state. The computer is running, but monitor stays blank with light orange light. I often have to shut down completely and eventually the monitor will come on. I "solved" this problem running a screensaver and continuously running my computer. Unfortunately, by the time I figured it was the updates those restore points are gone from my computer, even if I click "see more restore points".

Is there more restore points to be found on the computer? Can anyone direct me to a place I can find old Nvidia drivers?

Thanks.

A:Monitor does not wake from sleep

Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Look at the bottom for beta and older drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/290746-monitor-does-not-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Why is it that when I'm logged into my Win2k system, all of my power saving settings work fine, but when I log out and the system sits at the "CTL ALT DEL to log in" box, the standard "Windows 2000 box" screensaver kicks after a while and never puts the monitor to sleep? Is there somewhere else I have to adjust settings to put the monitor to sleep after an hour when I'm NOT logged in?

-=Zzed=-

A:Monitor won't sleep when not logged in

The first thing that comes to mind is that it does not have any personal setting by user to go off so it doesn't know to turn off .. If you wanted it to shut off on the log in you may have to set it in BIOS
Peter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-wont-sleep-when-not-logged-in.216602/
Relevancy 45.15%

I know there has to be a simple fix to this but I'm banging my head against the wall right now trying to figure this out. Everytime my PC goes to sleep I'll press a button on my keyboard or move my mouse and it will wake up just fine, but the monitor won't wake up. I've also noticed that the backlight on my keyboard doesn't show up. I've tried different monitors and removed the VGA cable from the graphics card after waking up and plugged it back in and no video. I have to reboot the computer to get video again and everything works great.. until it goes into sleep mode again. I have updated my graphics card driver (Geforce GT 210) and still no fix. I haven't made any changes that would cause this. Someone has to know something about this. Thanks in advance for any help!

A:My PC won't wake my monitor after sleep

hi and welcome to the forums

here some links that may help you Sleep and hibernation: frequently asked questions >>> Sleep and hibernation: frequently asked questions

How to Change the Power Plan Settings in Windows 7 >>> http://goo.gl/RrR1

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/211051-my-pc-wont-wake-my-monitor-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 45.15%

i have power settings to never sleep, if i move the mouse it comes back on.

display to stay on where else can i look?
win 7 pro.

ok im an idiot seems i installed a windows theme it turned on screensaver

sorry to watse this space

A:all of a sudden monitor goes to sleep?

lol well glad you figured it out, I was about to explain the intricacies of messed up power plans to you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/197210-all-sudden-monitor-goes-sleep.html
Relevancy 45.15%

OK so this is a repost from a year ago Monitor detected not after sleep I got no replies then and I still have the problem so maybe someone will see this and have some advice I have an odd problem I have a pc running windows with an ati hd I have it outputting to two displays a p monitor near the computer in the home office and to a p lcd tv feet away in the living room Both are being driven by the dual DVI outputs on the card This generally works well but lately I'll turn on the tv and wake the computer and the pc will not recognize the TV as being connected and will not output a signal This usually happens overnight Monitor not detected after sleep so it won't work the next morning There is no power saving Monitor not detected after sleep set up on the pc except for shutting off the displays after minutes This does not happen every night Monitor not detected after sleep but maybe - times a week The other monitor works fine I never loose it and when I look in the settings only that monitor is detected Sometimes a reeboot works sometimes just plugging unplugging the HDMI cable int he back of the TV When the reboot does NOT work I always get the BIOS screen at least on the TV and the windows start with the little coloured balls doing their dance and then I loose it again at the login screen When it is up and we're using it I never loose it even for high throughput stuff like blu-ray So I figure it is a problem with the TV not outputting a strong enough signal back to the computer to let it know it exists Anyway I want to know if there is a way to force p hz output on both of the graphics card outputs regardless of what is detected Should be a way I did try to switch the outputs on the card Didn't seem to make a difference Thanks Cisco

A:Monitor not detected after sleep

Ok Cisco mate seeing as you have been very patient I'll, kick off but am no expert on this sort of stuff so for starters I am assuming you have the drives all up to date for the GPU?

Just in case AMD Catalyst

Mate for the small amount of time it takes try these

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html
then these for eliminating any of that sort of stuff.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

download from bleeping computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/306100-monitor-not-detected-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I ve searched online about this issue and can t seem to find one exactly like mine We bought a new desktop a couple of months ago Windows home Premium is our operating system We previously had Vista We are using a inch LCD Westinghouse moniter The issue I am having is my moniter will go into sleep mode especailly while I am in the middle of doing something Be it playing a game surfing the web or typing an email I have disabled sleep and power saver mode and have turned off my screen saver as some people have suggested on other forums I have looked at It still does it I have gone onto Microsoft mode into sleep Monitor going keeps com and the only help there is to tell you Monitor keeps going into sleep mode how to turn sleep mode off Mine already is What usually happens when it does this I ll move my mouse and it ll pop right back on Sometimes however it will not come back on unless I hold down the power button on the moniter I have updated all of my drivers and the only conclusion I can come to is this is a Windows glitch and they have yet to fix it Can anyone tell me whatelse I can possibly do to fix this Some days it barely does it and others like today so far it has done it times within an hour Very annoying to say the least nbsp

A:Monitor keeps going into sleep mode

Almost sounds like what I had cept not as bad. My monitors would go into sleep mode on a brand new comp with my radeon 4750. cept it happened either at power on or whenever it felt like it in windows xp. they would not however come back unless i forced the computer off and even that didn't guarantee it. moreover, no one seemed to know about this cuz no one repsonded to me on this forum.

my problem was solved by upgrading windows xp to windows 7. in ur case i can't really suggest that. are you running 32 or 64bit win 7? what's your power supply unit? could also try running a registry edit program to fix registry errors in windows. also, post the specs of your computer like i did below.

intel i3 2.93 duo
4GB DDR3 RAM
ATi Radeon 4750 HD 512mb DDR3
1TB HD 7200 RPM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-keeps-going-into-sleep-mode.148000/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have my monitor set to sleep after 10 minutes but it goes to sleep after only 5 mins. Why won't it follow the sleep settings? I have also tried 20 minutes without luck. All Win 10 updates are current.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/62852-monitor-not-following-sleep-settings.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I installed in Monitor mode sleep a new cd burner and when I restarted the computer the monitor would not respond it will not come out of sleep mode I check all connections and unplugged burner The monitor would still not work I installed a new video card and when I restarted Monitor in sleep mode the computer the monitor was still doing the same thing in sleep mode I unistalled the video card and wiggled all the connections on the motherboard and drives plugged the monitor up to the old video card and turned on the computer and the monitor came on and worked just fine I was on the computer for several hours and restarted it several times Then I tried to reinstall the cd burner and restarted the computer the same problem happened Now I have unplugged the burner once again and still nothing Help I have tried monitors and receive the same problem and both monitors work on my other computer The only other things that I had in mind was maybe a bad connection power supply or incompatibility Please help I have had so many headaches from it nbsp

A:Monitor in sleep mode

You keep saying that the "monitor would not come out of sleep mode" however can I suggest that the problem is the computer is failing to boot up?

Can you confirm that the computer is / is not booting?

Easiest test is to see if the caps lock light toggles on and off with the caps key. If so, the computer probably has booted. If not, it has not actually booted at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-in-sleep-mode.214279/