Windows Support Forum

Solved: Unknown USB device is not working properly on dell laptop

Q: Solved: Unknown USB device is not working properly on dell laptop

Any help on this error:

Unknown USB device(device descriptor failed) is not working properly???

Ever since the windows 10 download..error in my windows device manager..only my usb 3.0 works

Dell laptop

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Unknown USB device is not working properly on dell laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Unknown USB device is not working properly on dell laptop

Sorry guys...My 2.0 Port was bad...I am closing this..I had to re download my 3.0 USB drivers after my windows 10 update, and that went fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unknown-usb-device-is-not-working-properly-on-dell-laptop.1153058/
Relevancy 89.44%

Still running the RC, and before I upgrade to the official version I want to figure this out.

So yesterday W7 started giving me this message again an Unknown device not working properly (under devices and printers).

Thing is the Drivers say that they are from kasperky (whose beta I'm using for my AV), but I fail to see how that is a device...

I only have 2 things connected; the wireless reciever for my keyboard/mouse which works perfectly fine, and my printer which is fine. So im wondering what this device even is... does anyone know how I could find out?

And it says USB for type (well it actually says universal serial bus controller)

A:Unknown device not working properly?

Take a look in your device manager. On the unknown device, you should be able to look at the details tab. What is reported in the hardware id section?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/31865-unknown-device-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 76.97%

hello all. i dont come around to this site very often but i desperately need you guys help.

im trying to get a gamebridge i purchased a few days ago to work. the first day i had everything going according to plan and had it installed on there and everything, but then i was having problems with it... it wouldnt show my game screen. so i decided to install to a new usb drive.

i took the device out and tried to reinstall to another drive but it didnt work... and now when i try to put it back into the original drive it gave me an error. so i went into device manager and unistall the device manually from the original drive.

but now i try to install it again to any drive it give me the code 28 error...
someone please help me i really need to fix this problem.

thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:USB drive not properly installing device(GAMEBRIDGE). (unknown device code 28)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-drive-not-properly-installing-device-gamebridge-unknown-device-code-28.831212/
Relevancy 74.82%

Diagnostic report a device has a config prob that prevents it working properly The device Microsoft PS Mouse is reporting quot tv-ConfigMgrErr quot this device will not does have not working or drive not is all present,not Device Solved: properly, its of be available until the issue is resolved The plug and play ID for this device is ACP PNP F - D FCF- Resolution Verify the correct driver is installed Try updating the drivers using windows update Check with the manufacturer for Solved: Device is not present,not working properly, or does not have all of its drive an updated driver Attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the device using Device Manager My problem is- I don t know how to verify new to windows this is new pc mouse amp keyboard came with pack I installed as shown disc for keyboard both wireless mouse amp keyboard Seems to be working ok But have this message on diagnostic check Cannot find info on maufacturer to check for update Device manager does not show the mouse at all Do not know how to update drivers using windows update Feeling a bit stupid nbsp

A:Solved: Device is not present,not working properly, or does not have all of its drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-device-is-not-present-not-working-properly-or-does-not-have-all-of-its-drive.921509/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I recently put together a new computer and in the process of of installing the USB connector Working - Front USB Device not Device" Ports "Unknown in Manager from the front of my GX case I Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager either bent numerous pins on the motherboard USB header or the motherboard shipped that way and I inadvertently made matters worse Anyway that header on the motherboard is without a doubt unusable Since I don't really need the USB functionality I bought a USB - gt adapter cable connected one end to the connector on the front of the case and the other end into the USB header on the motherboard Unfortunately when Windows boots and I plug a device into the front ports of the case Windows detects the front USB ports as Unknown Device within Device Manager yet says the driver is successfully installed I've already downloaded the most current Intel chipset drivers for my motherboard deleted and reinstalled all USB drivers and all rear USB connections are working perfectly fine - it's just the two front ports that are connected from the case to the USB ports via the adapter cable I've tried both USB headers on the motherboard and I've tried plugging in several devices to the front USB ports and this problem still persists I've ensured Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager the connection inside the case is solid yet I cannot get Windows to recognize the front USB ports However I have confirmed that power is being sent to the front ports because it charges my phone when I connect it to the front USB ports via micro USB connection As a result I'm inclined to think this is a Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager driver issue rather than a hardware issue Any ideas

A:Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager

If your motherboard has a 1x pcie slot you can get a card like this...

Here

Some motherboards it's a tight fit because of the video card taking up space. In that case you can relocate the above card with this...

Here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597934/front-usb-ports-not-working-unknown-device-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 67.51%

I am having serious issues with my computer skippin or locking up I keep getting messages from my AVG pc tune up to fix problems properly. reports working "BHDrvx64" device Windows that is Solved: the not concerning a device not working properly quot Windows reports that the quot BHDrvx quot device is not working properly quot Problem is under those suggestions to update this missing driver it will not let me update and I get the option to start it but when I press the start button it gives me a message that quot access is denied quot I ran IObit sysexplorer to diagnose instability and performance problems with the computer The following is the results Advanced SystemCare Diagnose Report v Date ---------------------------------- - Operating System ---------------------------------- - Operating System Windows Home Premium Solved: Windows reports that the "BHDrvx64" device is not working properly. -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - - Language English Regional Setting English - BIOS BIOS Date Ver AMI APTIO - Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz CPUs GHz - Memory MB RAM - Available OS Memory MB RAM - Page File MB used MB available - Windows Dir C windows - DirectX Version DirectX - DX Setup Parameters Not found - User DPI Setting Using System DPI - System DPI Setting DPI percent - DWM DPI Scaling Disabled - DxDiag Version ---------------------------------- - Processor ---------------------------------- - Caption Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz x MHz - Current Clock Speed MHz - L -Cache KB - L -Cache MB - L -Cache MB ---------------------------------- - Video Adapter ---------------------------------- - Card Name Intel R HD Graphics Family - Manufacturer Intel Corporation - Chip Type Intel R HD Graphics Family - DAC Type Internal - Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS FC amp REV - Display Memory MB - AdapterRAM N A - Current Mode x bit Hz - Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor - Driver Name igdumd dll igd umd dll igd umd dll igdumdx igd umd igd umd - Driver Version - Driver Language English - DDI Version - Driver Model WDDM - Driver Beta False - Driver Debug False - Driver Date - Driver Size - VDD n a - Mini VDD n a - Mini VDD Date n a - Mini VDD Size - Device Identifier D B E - - CF-F B- ADCA C C - Vendor ID x - Device ID x - SubSys ID xFC - Revision ID x - Driver Strong Name oem inf Intel Mfg NTamd iSNBM C ci ven amp dev amp subsys fc - Rank Of Driver E - Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeWMV C ModeVC C - Deinterlace Caps BF EF - CC - A-BE B- BD CAEEE F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech EdgeFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend BF EF - CC - A-BE B- BD CAEEE F Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech EdgeFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend BF EF - CC - A-BE B- BD CAEEE F Format In Out YV YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech EdgeFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTe... Read more

A:Solved: Windows reports that the "BHDrvx64" device is not working properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-reports-that-the-bhdrvx64-device-is-not-working-properly.1072022/
Relevancy 65.79%

Please tell me if I m in the wrong area of this board But a friend living hundreds of miles away uses XP and ran an quot unasked for quot Pop-Up utility that said he had computer problems because of malware or spyware some unnamed entity had installed on his computer Unfortunately he doesn t remember the name of the properly" in doesn't or device "This is Manager, CD-ROM shows Device show but working quot so called spyware detector remover quot but he fell for the quot Warning quot and ran the program to CD-ROM shows "This device is working properly" in Device Manager, but doesn't or show quot check quot his system Of course as most CD-ROM shows "This device is working properly" in Device Manager, but doesn't or show those unrequested detect remover programs do it found many quot so called serious quot problems But would Not quot fix clean them quot unless he payed for the program From THAT point on his CD-ROM wouldn t work which it had dependably always before the Device Manager that it quot is there quot and what make model it is and also says that it is enabled and working properly but it isn t working as before And the Icon disappeared from from the My Computer folder I guess that program somehow did something to it in order to force people to pay for the program to quot fix it quot and othe so-called problems Has anybody ever heard of this Can you help me get his CD-ROM accessable and working dependably as before Please thanks jA-- nbsp

A:CD-ROM shows "This device is working properly" in Device Manager, but doesn't or show

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-shows-this-device-is-working-properly-in-device-manager-but-doesnt-or-show.420491/
Relevancy 65.36%

Running Windows 10 v1607 x64 on all (+/- 300) our Dell E5550 laptops. We notice that on all systems there is an Unknown Device present in devicemanager.
Hardware-id: ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_33A0
Searching this ID it looks like i am missing the Intel(R) Smart Connect driver, however i cannot find this driver on the Dell website for Windows 10. Can anyone help me out with this please? Thank you!!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993794
Relevancy 64.93%

Some time ago, at http://www.techsupportforum.com/, I learned to launch an elevated Device Manager by using Cortana to search for "devmgmt.msc," then right-clicking the search result and selecting "Run as administrator," then look for yellow flags next to drivers which need updating. I've done that several times, including earlier today, and I've never seen any yellow flags, but today I installed Windows Update MiniTool and I discovered that there were 6 drivers which needed updating. Anyway, whenever I launch an elevated Device Manager, I never see anything to indicate that it's elevated, and there's never a UAC dialog like there is whenever I run anything else as an administrator. Are these behaviors normal, or does something need to be fixed?

A:Not Sure Whether Elevated Device Manager Is Working Properly

I recently concluded that the information I received about an elevated Device Manager was probably bogus.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/33468-not-sure-whether-elevated-device-manager-working-properly.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Okay here s the deal I have working properly Mass Storage USB not Device the following USB USB Mass Storage Device not working properly Mass Storage Devices and none of them are working SanDisk -in- Memory Card reader Memorex m flash drive Nikon Digital Camera Samsung Yepp T z Music Player I also have the following USB Devices that ARE working which are not classified as Mass Storage Devices Targus Wireless Laser Mouse Descriptive huh Sony Cli PEG-TJ Palm OS External HDD Samsung G mounted on an external HDD kit not detected or classified as Mass Storage but as a physical hard drive These devices are installed on Windows XP Professional SP All Windows updates are installed They worked properly until I bought a new mobo and CPU Ran repair from boot CD after installing them just to be safe I m probably forgetting some non-Mass Storage devices but that doesn t matter The point is that my Mass Storage devices don t work They all work fine on another computer running the same OS I can go to the Device Manager and I can see them it says they re working properly It always says that whether something is actually working or not So here s where it gets wierd I can go into Disk Management and I can SEE the devices plugged in and there s no drive letter assigned Okay easy enough just assign a drive letter In this case it s F as it s not in use by anything else So I go into My Computer it still ain t there Also when I reboot the computer or remove and replace the device it will no longer have a drive letter I have to assign it all over again I go back to the Disk Management and right-click on the Mass Storage drive and hit open Bingo it opens Halellujah I can see all the files and I can change them open them etc But I still can t get to it in any other way I type f in Windows Explorer but it says there is no such drive Stupid Windows Anyway even if I can get at the files it s still very inconvenient I d much appreciate some help here if anyone s got any ideas Here s most of the stuff I ve tried to do to fix it but didn t work Uninstall USB Drivers then reinstall Delete all USB VID entries in the Registry They reinstall on startup and this supposedly fixes problems with Mass Storage devices according to Microsoft no dice Repair from Boot CD Uninstall Reinstall device drivers It never works but it s always worth a shot Unplug computer for an hour I was desperate and someone said it would work Try different USB ports Smack it knock Smack it again unch Leave it alone for a day then try again later It s worked for me before A really long and pointless list of commands in cmd that Microsoft said should fix it Also tried most of the things at the following site http www experts-exchange com Hardware Q html There are loads of suggestions on that page but you can t see them with the link because they want you to register If you re registered there good for you To see it do a Google for quot Hardware XP Pro will not recognize USB mass storage devices quot and click the top result rofl getting through a site s security with Google search results None of them worked I tried all of them except for actually buying a new USB card Oh and someone said it s possibly Line Noise quot on the USB cable that long USB cables will sometimes have that Well I m using a inch USB adapter instead of a cable the adapter is supplied with my MP Player So that isn t my problem So please give me any suggestions Or if you ve had a similar problem then tell me what you did to fix it I m not willing to do a fresh install but if that worked for you then tell me at least nbsp

A:USB Mass Storage Device not working properly

Oh, and I just noticed something: When I try to put a file on it that is more than 12 characters long (Including extension) it will tell you that "The destination soes not support long file names"

And I can't include spaces... this is just stupid.

Ya, now THAT is going to annoy the puke: out of me. HELP ME!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-mass-storage-device-not-working-properly.43195/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello guys ...i am new one here ...
I have a serius problem .When i try to unplug or safe removal a device and especially wd passport essentials , or kingston data traveler , i get this error usb Mass storage device is not working properly.I cant find a solution for this problem ....See the picture

the light of the removable storages are on and i cant safely remove them .Is this a windows bug or this is a problem that i only have .,...

Thank you for the support .

A:usb Mass storage device is not working properly.

Welcome!

I can't think of a solution off the top of my head, so this will be trial-and-error.

Okay, so you plug in the drive, and what happens? Does the drive work properly?

Then you want to remove the drive. You click Safely Remove Hardware, and then it gives the error?

At what point did you take the screenshot above?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/58870-usb-mass-storage-device-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 64.93%

MY AUDIO DRIVER DOES'T WORK . I M ALSO UPDATED AND RUN TROUBLE SHOOT BUT FOR SOMETIME IT WORK PROPERLY  AND AFTER  5-10 MIN IT AGAIN STOPED.  SOUND OPTION SHOWS A CROSSED SIGN. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/MY-HPNOTEBOOK-AUDIO-DEVICE-NOT-WORKING-PROPERLY/td-p/5704030
Relevancy 64.93%

I am writing on behalf of my brother in law, who is having a problem getting Internet access seemingly out of nowhere.

Have troubleshooted the hell out of it, and even gotten the ISP involved and still nothing.

IP settings are correct, Modem is working properly, and ping tests seem to indicate the NIC is ok but yet no Internet access. Other PC in the house on same drop line has no issues.

Will try hooking it up via USB or seeing if my laptop will connect therefore ruling out external factors, but until then i was curious if anyone had some ideas or thoughts.

I know I am leaving out a lot, but any help is welcomed.

A:Network Connected, Device Working properly, ISP says it's on our end

You could try these:http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htmhttp://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/328343/network-connected-device-working-properly-isp-says-its-on-our-end/
Relevancy 64.93%

I am in working (usb not properly Controller device) Game desperate need of some assistance I am having issues with getting my game controller to work I have already tried Logitech Wingman and a ps usb adapter device and neither work properly In the properties it says both are working Game Controller (usb device) not working properly properly but when went to test either one of them they didn t respond at all The led lighs on the controllers are lite but when trying to test or use in game they don t respond I have used the Logitech for years without any problem and brother test the ps without any problem so I know it has to be computer related I had reformate hard driver and install xp professional student edition and since then neither work I have tried everything i can think of I tried different usb slot no luck I have no problem with print camera and other usb devices If i do vibration test on the ps controller that works without any problem I belive I have the most up to date driver I installed the cd that came with it It s a Sector usb to ps adaptor I ran Crap Cleaner and fixed all issues When I tried to calibrate the ps usb adaptor manually it locks up and say that not responsding due to issue with rundll exe Any suggestion guys please give me some ideas Txs a million nbsp

A:Game Controller (usb device) not working properly

What is you computer? Give us the specs... Is the system more than 2 years old?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-controller-usb-device-not-working-properly.69861/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have Winxp all service packs and Sound Blaster Audigy I have tried what I am assuming is every solution I have found device, working are drivers audio no Saying properly? in short of reinstalling XP Making sure the right devices are started in services un-installing re-installing updating drivers and so on One thing it probably could be is that there are three issues in services Microsoft kernels audio splitter DLS Synth and Saying no audio device, drivers are working properly? GS Wavtable that are duplicates and even though I remove them they still come back each time it varies Possible errors re-installing My husband tried to a repair install on windows but could not remove service packs to do so and currently is not letting me do so anyways Here is my info probably too much Code OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Sony Corporation System Model PCV-RZ G UC System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot Time Zone Eastern Standard Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Audio codecs c windows system divxa acm Packed With Joy DivX Audio Codec OK C WINDOWS system DIVXA ACM KB bytes AM c windows system ff acm acm Not Available ffdshow ACM codec OK C WINDOWS system FF ACM ACM KB bytes PM c windows system iac ax Intel Corporation Indeo audio software OK C WINDOWS system IAC AX KB bytes AM c windows system imaadp acm Microsoft Corporation Microsoft IMA ADPCM Audio CoDec OK C WINDOWS system IMAADP ACM xpsp - KB bytes AM c windows system l codecp acm Fraunhofer Institut Integrierte Schaltungen IIS MPEG Layer- Professional Audio CoDec OK C WINDOWS system L CODECP ACM KB bytes PM c windows system lameacm acm www Lame ACM MP Codec OK C WINDOWS system LAMEACM ACM KB bytes PM c windows system msadp acm Microsoft Corporation Microsoft Adaptive PCM Audio CoDec OK C WINDOWS system MSADP ACM xpsp - KB bytes AM c windows system msaud acm Microsoft Corporation Microsoft Windows Media Audio CoDec OK C WINDOWS system MSAUD ACM KB bytes AM c windows system msg acm Microsoft Corporation Microsoft CCITT G A-Law and u-Law Audio CoDec OK C WINDOWS system MSG ACM xpclient - KB bytes AM c windows system msg acm Microsoft Corporation Microsoft G Audio CoDec OK C WINDOWS system MSG ACM KB bytes PM c windows system msgsm acm Microsoft Corporation Microsoft GSM Audio CoDec OK C WINDOWS system MSGSM ACM xpclient - KB bytes AM c windows system sl anet acm Sipro Lab Telecom Inc Sipro Lab Telecom Audio CoDec OK C WINDOWS system SL ANET ACM KB bytes AM c windows system tssoft acm DSP GROUP INC DSP Group TrueSpeech Audio CoDec OK C WINDOWS system TSSOFT ACM KB bytes AM Sound Device Name Creative Audigy Audio Processor WDM Manufacturer Creative Technology Ltd Status OK PNP Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp E C amp amp F I O Port x B - x B F IRQ Channel IRQ Driver c windows system drivers ctaud k sys - KB bytes AM Problem Devices Microsoft Kernel Audio Splitter SW F AB -ED A- -AB -B CE AA D C amp E amp amp B - F- D -A - AFD E Microsoft Kernel DLS Synthesizer SW C DD - A D- D - F C- C FBF FEF amp F amp amp DMUSIC Microsoft Kernel GS Wavetable Synthesizer SW C B F -C A - D - D - AA E D amp AAFB D amp amp B - F- D -A - AFD E System Drivers abiosdsk Abiosdsk Not Available Kernel Driver No Disabled Stopped OK Ignore No No abp n abp n Not Available Kernel Driver No Disabled Stopped OK Normal No No acpi Microsoft ACPI Driver c windows system drivers acpi sys Kernel Driver Yes Boot Running OK Normal No Yes acpiec ACPIEC c windows system drivers acpiec sys Kernel Driver No Disabled Stopped OK Normal No No a... Read more

A:Saying no audio device, drivers are working properly?

Quote:

here are three ! issues in services

Services.msc does not have Exclamation marks, do you mean the Device Manager? If so, that means that you need to install the proper drivers.
You should only install drivers from the Sony Drivers page for your model. Sony eSupport - PCV-RZ46G - Support
Download the Chipset (under Motherboard) and Audio Updated Creative driver for your model computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/saying-no-audio-device-drivers-are-working-properly-781841.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi all I have a HGST Touro Mobile Pro portable HDD I have had it for months and use it to store media which I play through my TV It worked fine until I plugged it in the TV on one day and it said it recognised a USB device but it needed to be initialised I plugged it in the PC it does not appear in 'My Computer' but it does in Disk Management where it says the device is Offline It says I need to initialise the disk prior to it becoming Online but when I use the Initialise Wizard it says quot The Initialise Disk properly working Device - not Cannot device is not ready quot I cannot get Cannot Initialise Disk - Device not working properly anywhere from here with the knowledge I have The light on the device does not turn on when I plug it in via USB only option UNLESS I plug it in before the PC is turned on It also sounds like it is working mechanically Any ideas please If the device itself is 'kaput' is there any sure way of retrieving the info off it Thanks

A:Cannot Initialise Disk - Device not working properly

Hi

The first thing you should do is to replace the USB data cable. If you don't have a spare one, you may need to buy new one online. If the HDD shows the same error with a new cable, verify it's physical health by running diagnostic test. To do that, download "Seagate Seatool" from the below link ( it will work with all manufacturer's disk including Hitachi ).
SeaTools for Windows | Seagate

Run the tool and choose your external HDD for testing. Then select "Basic Tests--> Long Generic" and report whether the test is a fail or pass.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/344229-cannot-initialise-disk-device-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi all

I have a user at our office with this problem.
If he clicks Start>undock computer he gets the error below.

'You cannot eject your computer because one of the devices in the docking station 'HID compliant control device' cannot be stopped because a program is still accessing it.'

Windows XP pro with SP2 installed.

Any suggestions please?

Pileyrei

A:Solved: Cannot Undock Dell D630 laptop "HID Compliant control device cannot be stoppe

Bumping

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-undock-dell-d630-laptop-hid-compliant-control-device-cannot-be-stoppe.758731/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have an Acer Aspire 9300, Windows Vista Home Premium, 32-bit operating system, with a CD/DVD burner (TSSTCorp CD/DVDW TS-L632D ATA Device). The burner is not working. When I go into Device Manager it tells me that the device is working properly and when I go to update the driver it tells me that I have the latest driver. When I go to burn a disc, it goes show it is writing to disc, finalizing disc and then telling me that the disc is done - but when I go to play it - it shows that the disc is empty. I have uninstalled the driver, reinstalled the driver, and deleted the lower and upper keys - but it is still not working.

Please help - it used to work - but now is not.

Thank you.

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi. I have a computer running windows XP SP3 that was bought from Dell 3 years back. About two years back, my computer started having mysterious internet connection problems. It was the problem with Intel Wireless 3945ABG device. It was meant to be a wireless surfing device but now, I keep getting disconnected from the internet. After some time (about 15 to 20 minutes), the connection will just get disconnected but i see no error messages. I researched on the net and it said that there might be a fault with the settings of this computer model and/or the driver itself. My computer is Dell Inspiration 640M. Can you kindly help me on solving the problem? Many thanks in advance.

A:Intel Wireless 3945ABG device not working properly

Updated the drivers recently?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304583/intel-wireless-3945abg-device-not-working-properly/
Relevancy 64.07%

I ve been 1011 Dell device Inspiron XP Windows mini unknown working on a friends Dell Inspiron mini Initially She could not get onto he wireless network She had someone else get rid of malware on it I m not sure what they did but there were three devices in Device Manager- including the Windows XP unknown device Dell Inspiron mini 1011 wireless card- that were not installed One device was marked unknown and is the only one I cannot figure out after looking through Dell s driver Windows XP unknown device Dell Inspiron mini 1011 page using servicetag The device Instance ID is ACPI CPL amp DABA FF amp Looking at its properties I see it has a status code Microsoft says quot This is very common with universal serial bus USB and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering IEEE composite devices quot The System Information tool gt components gt Problem Devices shows nothing Google revealed it is most commonly fixed by installing smart battery or battery meter software No luck with that It MAY be bluetooth- BT is enabled in BIOS WIDCOMM software does not detect a BT device I m including setupapi log as an attachment nbsp

A:Windows XP unknown device Dell Inspiron mini 1011

You have to find out the device you recently attached to your computer. Under what category is it in the device manager? Specify this and I may find you the drivers that may help you solve the problem. Also state your motherboard model

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-unknown-device-dell-inspiron-mini-1011.992027/
Relevancy 63.64%

I'm setting up a new PC for my daughter (XP). Everything seems to be working but Device Manager says there's an Unknown Device with no driver installed. I assume it's either a mobo integrated device (I installed the mobo driver) or a multi-function device like the sound card (couldn't find a driver for it, but XP seems to recognize it-and installed about 5 different devices for it).

Maybe I'm worrying over nothing, but if I'm going to give it to my daughter (who doesn't live at home) then I'd like to clean up all question marks first. Any suggestions?

Details: Unsupported Device. Location: On Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System

Thanks.

A:Have unknown device but everything's working?

The best I can offer is the possibility that the PC Wizard 2008 download might help. Can't promise anything but it might help id something. Once downloaded check under Devices. Free download and use: http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php Let us know how it's going. Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-unknown-device-but-everythings-working.760125/
Relevancy 63.64%

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful."

I have received this error with 2 network adapters now. I just bought another to see if that would fix the error present. Yes, I have installed the official drivers from the companies website. I have no idea why this is occurring. I have run multiple virus scans, to find nothing. 

That is a picture of the driver properties.

The driver settings.

I have no idea why, anyone have any suggestions?

A:This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers requ

Just noticed this 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593660/this-device-is-not-working-properly-because-windows-cannot-load-the-drivers-requ/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey guys I figured i d ask here since I habe had good luck in the past from here A few days ago I lost sound on my PC all Windows to working Hardware XP Audio No properly and Device installed according and I checked all of the spots and all of my audio hardware is installed and working correctly but I still have quot No Audio Device in sounds and multimedia I thought maybe the sound card was gone No Audio Device Hardware all installed and working properly according to Windows XP so i removed it and ran with the on board which detected and installed drivers and said was working but still same error with No Audio Device I am confused as I have eliminated Hardware from the issue and am convinced its a No Audio Device Hardware all installed and working properly according to Windows XP Windows issue I will try to update the Chipset drivers and such but I wanted to know if any of you had run into the same issue and had a fix for it I wanna continue making my Custom Guitar Hero Songs lol Thanks in advance for all of No Audio Device Hardware all installed and working properly according to Windows XP your help Cheers nbsp

A:No Audio Device Hardware all installed and working properly according to Windows XP

I just had to update something the other day for audio

www.update.microsoft.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-device-hardware-all-installed-and-working-properly-according-to-windows-xp.90825/
Relevancy 63.64%

I recently moved my computer away from my router to a different room. So I bought myself a wireless adapter, a D-Link DWA-160 wireless adapter. I installed the drivers with the CD and followed the instructions. At the end of the installation it gave me this: http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9991/82056551.png I have re-installed many times trying different methods, but nothing seems to work.

In device manager it shows that the device is installed and working properly. Yet it does not make it actually work. The light on the adapter will not flash like it does for my laptop (tested). And I am unable to even run the Wireless Connection Manager from D-Link, i just double click and nothing happens. Here is another screenshot with more information:http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2796/37819057.png

So what exactly is the problem? If anyone can help me out I will owe you big time and appreciate it to no end, thank you!

A:Wireless Adapter not found, yet its working properly in Device Manager

When i type IP config I get:

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .: Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Tunnel adapter isatap.

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 9:

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/194089-wireless-adapter-not-found-yet-its-working-properly-device-manager.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 laptop. The key board is having problems. It won't type some of the keys. Some of the keys type other things, ie g keys types g5t and h key does h6y. Then they won't type anything. The y key won't type at all. The problem is the same in normal and safe mode. I have run various virus programs in both normal and safe mode. A usb keyboard works perfect. I uninstalled the keyboard in the device manager and restarted, same. I even tried removing the battery for a few minutes. When replaced and turn back on same problems, some keys work and others don't.. help

Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I not USB Front Ports Device Device" in Manager - Working "Unknown recently put together a new computer and in the process of of installing the USB connector from the front of my GX case I either bent numerous pins on the motherboard USB header or the motherboard shipped Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager that way and I inadvertently made matters worse Anyway that header on the motherboard is without a doubt unusable Since I don t really need the USB functionality I bought a USB - gt adapter cable connected one end to the connector on the front of the case and the other end into the USB header on the motherboard Unfortunately when Windows boots and I plug a device into the front ports of the case Windows detects the front USB ports as quot Unknown Device quot within Device Manager yet says the driver is successfully installed I ve already downloaded the most current Intel chipset drivers for my motherboard deleted and reinstalled all USB drivers and all rear USB connections are working perfectly fine - it s just the two front ports that are connected from the case to the USB ports via the adapter cable nbsp I ve tried both USB headers on the motherboard and I ve tried plugging in several devices to the front USB ports and this problem still persists I ve ensured the connection inside the case is solid yet I cannot get Windows to recognize the front USB ports nbsp However I have confirmed that power is being sent to the front ports because it charges my phone when I connect it to the front USB ports via micro USB connection nbsp As a result I m inclined to think this is a driver issue rather than a hardware issue nbsp Any ideas

A:Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager

Do you happen to have a spare machine that you can test the adapter with?  Just as a precaution in case the adapter is faulty.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,153104.0.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I recently bought a Dell computer that came with a HID Keyboard. I wan't to use the keyboard on my other computer which i think is an ASUS, however the multimedia keys fail to work at all, yet they work perfectly on my new Dell computer!

Please help, i've been looking around for software, driver updates and even played around with the computer registry with no amend.
i'm confident with computers however i lack the experiance, please give detailed instrustions. thanks so much!

A:Dell Keyboard not working properly on Asus computer

Welcome to Techspot.
The multimedia keys require special drivers for them to function.
You haven't stated that you installed them.
If you post all your keyboard specs (normally found on a sticker on the bottom), I'll try to help you find the appropriate drivers. If you post the computer specs (operating system, etc.), it would help also since drivers vary between operating systems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-keyboard-not-working-properly-on-asus-computer.134541/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I just recently reinstalled Windows XP onto a Dell PC It s got sets of USBs at the front connected to the motherboard via a peripheral wire connected directly to the motherboard and on an expansion card The front and expansion USBs work but the motherboard USBs don t recognize anything plugged into them There s power going to the port but it s not understanding what to do with what s plugged in eg I plug in an MP drive with a screen Plugging it into a motherboard port will power it but it won t show up on quot My Computer quot whereas if not Dell working Motherboard properly. USBs 8300 I plug it into the front USB port it ll Dell 8300 Motherboard USBs not working properly. ask what to do with the drive contents like Play with Windows Media or Take No Action Dell 8300 Motherboard USBs not working properly. I m thinking it s either the motherboard itself it probably isn t otherwise there d be worse problems popping up the USB ports or the software which I m thinking is the most likely cause Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I m a first-time user and happy to have found your website My operating Working Touchpad 7520 Not Inspiron Properly Dell system is Windows I am using a wireless Logitech Mouse uses USB hardware I Dell Inspiron 7520 Touchpad Not Working Properly have had this laptop for years PROBLEMS The touchpad will not turn off Under Dell Inspiron 7520 Touchpad Not Working Properly quot Mouse quot on the Control Panel functions for the Dell Touchpad should allow me to simply turn the touchpad on and off Regardless whether it is Dell Inspiron 7520 Touchpad Not Working Properly in the on or off position it is still on Even when I don t touch the touchpad the cursor skips around the screen highlights text and deletes text Typed text re-locates within earlier typed text There is an on off light at the top of the touchpad that indicates the touchpad is on off This is not working Also this panel item allows me to manage sensitivity buttons gestures amp edge scroll amp zoom I can work these but the Edge Scroll amp Zoom buttons do not see to change the settings WHAT I HAVE DONE TO ATTEMPT RESOLUTION I have checked the drivers for both the touchpad and mouse and I get messages that they are each up to date Because the touchpad will not turn off I have tried to manage the buttons to turn down the sensitivity to minimize movement of text This does not help Turning on Disable Touchpad amp Point Stick when USB Mouse present does not disable the touchpad nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-7520-touchpad-not-working-properly.1165207/
Relevancy 62.35%

I just recently had a update from dell. I'm not sure what the update was about, but my computer has been completely trashed ever since the update. My task bar freezes and stops working after 10~20 seconds after startup. I am unable to load/click any programs/files/processes/etc. I can't even load up my task manager. My entire computer freezes and I'm forced to force shut down my computer. When I entire into safe mode nothing freezes and my computer is perfectly fine.

I have no idea what happened/what to do. I really need some help.

A:My dell laptop is not functioning properly

Try setting up a clean boot it is best done manually and it has 2 parts please take time and do it one step at a time Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program
How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista or Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-dell-laptop-is-not-functioning-properly-676114.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have an unknown device which Windows cannot find drivers for. I can't figure out what it could be. The more "exotic" peripherals, like the IR remote receiver, are already installed and things appear to work as normal on my computer. The device is listed as (ISA) 0x00000017 (23) Unknown device. It is listed as an Unknown device. It is connected to PCI Express Root Complex. Resource type/connection is Interrupt request (IRQ). Anybody has any idea what it could be? 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Unknown device in in my DV6 laptop

Nevermind, I found it, it is the accelerometer used to stop the hard-drive in case of falls, thumbles and whatnot. It is now listed as HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor. I have no idea if it works with Windows 10 or with any type of hard-drive. None of them were originally on the laptop.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Unknown-device-in-in-my-DV6-laptop/td-p/5598305
Relevancy 61.92%

I got this new Dell nbsp Inspiron about a week ago and not New Properly Left Keyboard working Keys) (Up Inspiron Dell Since I got it the up and left keys have not worked together They work individually but not together This does is not isolated to my computer the display computer at Best Buy also had this issue This is a big problem because I need those keys in order to test my programs I have looked in many places some say it is a problem with the bios other say with the drives and others say with the hardware I have already tried calling technical support and they could not do anything about it This is not the first post regarding this problem nbsp http en community dell com support-forums laptop f t nbsp slightly New Dell Inspiron Keyboard not working Properly (Up and Left Keys) different model My last computer was also a Dell Inspiron nbsp but an older model and it did not have this problem nbsp I have been I loyal Dell costumer for a long time please help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984051
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello A couple of days ago I spilled cereal on my laptop and the not Dell laptop functioning keys properly? screen went black and stopped working I freaked out and didn t know what to do so I tried wiping it off then got advice Dell laptop keys not functioning properly? to put in rice I didn t know that I had to turn the laptop off at first so I think the motherboard might have gotten fried in that time it was on Anyway I turned the laptop off after a while and today when I turned it on it actually started working and the screen wasn t black so I thought it was all okay But then When I started typing the letters would come out differently For example quot D quot would be quot FSDA quot and quot Q quot would be RWQEU and some letters weren t even working What s wrong with it Is it possible that the motherboard is fried or I m using a Dell laptop and windows nbsp

A:Dell laptop keys not functioning properly?

Short circuit more than likely, you should be able to find/purchase a replacement keyboard or use an external keyboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-keys-not-functioning-properly.1151176/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a wireless mouse and USB headphones that worked fine up until a few days ago when they both periodically stopped functioning. 2 days ago they stopped functioning entirely. They work on other computers and nothing connecting to a USB port works with this computer. There is an Unknown Device listed under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

Here's what I've tried:

Did a system restore
Reinstalled all 64-Bit drivers available for my system on the Samsung drivers page
Right-clicked and uninstalled all drivers from Device Manager, then restarted computer
Took laptop battery out, waited 15 minutes, then put it in and started computer
Downloaded USBDeview and uninstalled all drivers listed (curiously, the Unknown Device is listed as not connected and not safe to unplug), then restarted computer
Ran Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor with mouse and headphones plugged in. No problems found.
Cleaned registry using Registry Mechanic

Does anyone know what else could be done?

Thank you for your time.

A:Unknown Device, no USB ports working, tried everything I could find online

All registry cleaners do damage. Registry Mechanic is among the worse and may have made the problem worse. All registry cleaners do is delete anything they do not understand. That means that anything related to a device that is not on the system may well have been deleted, too, making it impossible to ever install that device again.

Restore the registry, or use System Restore to get an undamaged registry back.

Are you sure there are no physical problems with the USB ports? Any electrical storms lately?

Windows Update released updated USB drivers for both Microsoft and third-parties. If your USB ports are functional, there should be drivers installed automatically if you install all the updates. If not, the problem with the ports may be physical. Also make sure that the BIOS has the correct date and that USB is enabled there (if such a setting exists). If the date is wrong, replace the battery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-device-no-usb-ports-working-tried-everything-i-could-find-online.1026686/
Relevancy 61.49%

Computer Laptop Samsung r OS Windows -Bit I have a USB working, I ports could no find online tried everything Device, Unknown wireless mouse and USB headphones that worked fine up until a few days ago when they both periodically stopped functioning days ago they stopped functioning entirely They work on other computers and nothing connecting Unknown Device, no USB ports working, tried everything I could find online to a USB port works with this computer There is an Unknown Device listed under Universal Serial Bus Controllers Here's what I've tried Did a system restore Reinstalled all -Bit drivers available Unknown Device, no USB ports working, tried everything I could find online for my system on the Samsung drivers page Right-clicked and uninstalled all drivers from Device Manager then restarted computer Took laptop battery out waited minutes Unknown Device, no USB ports working, tried everything I could find online then put it in and started computer Downloaded USBDeview and uninstalled all drivers listed curiously the Unknown Device is listed as not connected and not safe to unplug then restarted computer Ran Windows Upgrade Advisor with mouse and headphones plugged in No problems found Does anyone know what else could be done Thank you for your time EDIT - The mouse lights up when its plugged in even though Windows doesn't acknowledge it and moving and clicking doesn't work

A:Unknown Device, no USB ports working, tried everything I could find online

In Device Manager click on View at the top. In the dropdown show hidden devices then uninstall all listed usb items.

turn the computer off and unplug all usb devices.

reboot twice

replug in the usb plugs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unknown-device-no-usb-ports-working-tried-everything-i-could-find-online-612274.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I m hoping this is in the right area I think it is I ve got problems The first one the one most recent is my webcam I have a Logitech QuickCam messenger and I run Windows Vista I m aware that the are not compatible but I ve been running my webcam just fine after downloading new software for it It s been working perfectly for almost months now and just this morning I accidently unplugged it I plugged it back in and it said that it was an unknown USB device This is confusing me considering that it was working just fine yesterday and the day before that I tried un-installing it and using the device manager to re-install the drivers manually but it wouldnt work After re-installing or attempting to re-install stops Unknown click randomly working? Device? Err, Right help? USB it says that the drivers for my quot Unknown USB Device quot are already updated Then when I try the other option where you click the quot have disk quot thing and Unknown USB Device? Right click randomly stops working? Err, help? locate the folders and driver files yourself if that makes sense it said that there was an error encountered with installation and that the device wouldnt start I would LOVE to know how to fix this I m pretty sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I m running vista considering it was working perfectly without error for almost months My second problem Idk if this belongs here or not If not I apologize Anyhow randomly my right click becomes disabled Along with not being able to right click I cant click buttons on websites to submit information for instance I can click the start menu and I can open folders in the start menu but when I click the executables nothing happens it s not even like I clicked it When opening paint or that notepad thing it says failure to create new document and I cant click or open things on that tray thing by the clock I know for a fact that it is not my mouse because when unplugging my mouse and using another one it doesnt fix the problem The only way I can fix this is restarting my computer by holding the power button down until it shuts off since when that happens i forgot to add when I restart my computer it just stays onthe quot shutting quot down screen Basically it doesnt shut down I forgot to add this has been going on for about a month now And I havent installed anything new within this month If you could help me with these problems it d be GREATLY appriciated Thank you -Nina nbsp

A:Unknown USB Device? Right click randomly stops working? Err, help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-usb-device-right-click-randomly-stops-working-err-help.678942/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Dell Latitude D620 and have all the drivers installed, but for some reason my wireless adapter isn't seeing my wireless connection I have here at the house. I am running Windows XP Home. I'm at a loss of what it could be. Any advice would help.

A:[SOLVED] Wireless Netowrk not working on Dell Laptop; Latitude D620

Has this laptop ever connected at home?

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL and press enter.

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-wireless-netowrk-not-working-on-dell-laptop-latitude-d620-676230.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Dell 8000 Inspiron Running Windows ME

When the computer starts up I get error message "your display adapter is not configured properly" It then asked to update it. I update it and states Mobility M4 is already installed but may have a problem.

It will not allow me to run anything over 16 bits. The desktop display is very small.

Any suggestions or is my computer messed?

Thanks in Advance!

A:Dell Laptop Display Adapter Not Configured Properly

on the back of the machine should be a TAG number

go onto the DELL website - and on the support section you should be able to enter the TAG number and get all the drivers for that machine

download the latest adapter software driver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-display-adapter-not-configured-properly.568631/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hoping somebody can help, I have installed W7 onto my HP/Compaq 6735s and picked up all the drivers except one "Unknown Device".

I have downloaded all drivers from HP and tried to install them all, however the unknown device still remains, any ideas?

Much appreciated

A:Unknown Device - Compaq 6735s Laptop

Go to device manager>right click on the device>properties>details tab>drop down menu>hardware id copy and paste the device string. Fabe A Preferred Method of Uploading/Posting Screen Shots

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/40335-unknown-device-compaq-6735s-laptop.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My Tosiba Sattelite doesnt want to read my xp cd, nor will it activate a boot disk. it always says "missing operating system". i used dban and after it deleted everything off my hdd, it someow ended up with windows 98? now it is having this problem. i tried to uninstall windows 98 but it wont work. i dont have the money for a new hdd, what should i do?

Relevancy 60.2%

Hey TSG I wanted to post this question in the Hardware section but it was related to my recent upgrade to Windows so I decided to post it here So it has been about a month since I got my Vista home bit upgraded to W home bit using not fan working properly Laptop the upgrade CD sent buy the Gateway Free W offer It works really well and I got some ups and downs in fps in various games But the most annoying thing that went wrong is that my laptop starts heating too quickly and the games start to lag The fan used to work perfectly before in Vista Laptop fan not working properly but now I hardly hear it giving gushing sound as it cools down the lappy I thought that the problem might be with the bios not being fully compatible with W so I checked Gateway s website for W drivers for my laptop And sure enough there was one but it wouldn t install and give me this weird error Gateway support was no help but in the forums I found a huge thread containing all the drivers for the P series laptops but fixed and edited by this high tech guy so they would install properly And I found the latest bios driver for my laptop in there edited by him he stated that he added some extra files which were missing in the original package and it actually installed perfectly on my laptop But after my rd day living with this update I regret it My laptop overheats way too fast now and I can hardly play anything for more than an hour used to play perfectly before for about - hours before overheating before the bios update and never overheated in Vista before So now I am wondering if you guyz can help me rollback my bios update because I think that messed things even more up overheating ofcourse and if maybe there is a fix for my fan problem because I hardly hear the fan moving and cooling anymore Here are my computer specs Computer full name Gateway FX P- h Manufacturer Gateway Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build win rtm - Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU P GHz CPUs GHz Memory Samsung GB DDR RAM Hard Drive GB Video Card NVIDIA GeForce M GTS GB DDR Sound Card Speakers Conexant High Definition SmartAudio Motherboard Gateway IMV PS The bios update I wanted to download from the drivers for m y comp was P BIOS IMV C x but I got it in rar format the guy packed it with winrar and it was called C Working rar here is the link to that forum page first post http forum notebookreview com showthread php t amp page Thanks for your time hopefully you will be able to help me For further info just ask me nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello, I just purchased my new laptop today and am having issues with the keyboard.  The keyboard will not keep up with my typing and misses many letters.  There is not only a delay, but many keys are missed. Should I return and exchange it for another model?  Have you had previous issues with this model?  If theres no easy solution, I will exchange for something else. Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Keyboard-not-working-properly-on-new-laptop/td-p/5620859
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello there, My laptop sound somehow stopped working. It doesnt work even after I reboot the laptop, but if I leave a video playing, of course without sound then close my laptop lid. When I open the lid again the computer would have sound again. If I reboot my laptop again the sound would be gone once again. Plz help me   Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Laptop-sound-is-not-working-properly/td-p/5849256
Relevancy 59.34%

My laptop touchpad is not working properly; that is I cannot scroll properly and also have problems with the sensitivity of touch. I downloaded and installed the Synaptic touchpad driver but it is still not functioning very well. Please can someone help me with a solution.
The name of my Laptop is; Compac Presario CQ50-115NR Notebook PC
Thank you.

A:My laptop touchpad is not working properly

Go to Start -> control panel -> Hardware and Sound.

Somewhere in there you should find adjustments for the sensitivity.

If this does not work please state your operating system for further help and try it with a USB mouse.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-touchpad-is-not-working-properly.163990/
Relevancy 59.34%

Keyboard on laptop is not functioning properly Many keys will not type and others take a shortcut into other programs not requested keyboard laptop working properly on not I ran malwarebytes anti malware and Hijack this- notations listed keyboard on laptop not working properly below Computer currently runs zonealarm for antivirus and spyware- nothing found Windows XP See below Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Database version Windows Service Pack Internet Explorer AM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Quick scan Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected No malicious items detected Hijack this Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files Maxtor Sync SyncServices exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch Status maxmenumgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Jeff Clair Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files ooVoo oovoo exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm MailFrontier mantispm exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField ForceField exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system utilman exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software ... Read more

Relevancy 59.34%

My scrolling up and down option of touch pad is not working what should I do...?

A:My laptop touchpad is not working properly

Are you referring to the the right side scroll bars on laptop touch pads that allow you to scroll up and down pages?

Try updating the driver for your touchpad and see if that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-touchpad-is-not-working-properly.201621/
Relevancy 59.34%

i have a problem with my laptop some keys doesn't work, the key "T", "Y" sudnly my keyboard is PS/2 Standard

A:laptop keys are not working properly

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Have you tried Re-installing the Software ? ...Is this a USB Keyboard or the actual keyboard on your Laptop ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340762-laptop-keys-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 59.34%

My laptop HP 450 g3. Its brand new and only 5 days before i bought it. When i turn it on, it states the fan is not working correctly, then shuts down after 15 seconds or continues to windows if you press enter. Now what should i do ? Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-cooling-fan-not-working-properly/td-p/5826680
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello first of all let me say that I m aware that my laptop has no integrated webcam so my question is really about working webcams laptop properly No on external webcams not working properly Ok No webcams working properly on laptop here goes I own an Emachines E and today I ve tried to get my webcam working on my laptop I ve used the plug amp play feature to install the drivers and I ve done No webcams working properly on laptop the installation of drivers manually Nothing worked Next I ve tried a different webcam Still the same issues occur The webcam comes on when I demand it it just doesn t give me any picture I know for certain the webcams are not broken because I ve tried them on my girlfriend s laptop and they work fine using the P amp P feature So my webcams turns on when a webcam activity is requested just no picture shows on my laptop I ve used www testmycam com to check to see if any picture showed but it doesn t on my laptop The picture just remains black So my question is if anyone knows what my problem might be How come these webcams work fine on my girlfriend s laptop but don t work on mine I m hoping someone has an answer for me because it s annoying me A lot Thanks in advance nbsp

A:No webcams working properly on laptop

assuming that your Laptop has more than a single USB port have you tried plugging the Webcam into a different USB port?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-webcams-working-properly-on-laptop.919754/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello hi im lili b any my toupad isnt working right the dang strolling up or down wont work and I cant fix it I have an hp pavilion dv4 1435dx could someone help mi find the orrect driver that could fix it

A:Laptop touchpad is not working properly

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3979336&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

You should find the drivers you need here. Click on next By the windows 7 64 bit box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-touchpad-is-not-working-properly.194368/
Relevancy 58.91%

Preliminaries on working laptop Connection not Wireless properly first Wireless Connection on laptop not working properly Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Atom TM CPU N GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel Wireless Connection on laptop not working properly R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MEDION E Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Hi I wonder if anyone can help me with a computer issue I ve recently been having The Wireless Network Connection on my Wireless Connection on laptop not working properly laptop doesn t seem to working properly When I boot it up I can see the Wirless network icon is animated in the task bar and after what seems like ages sometimes I get a connection When I check the strength sometimes it indicates it s good if I m practically sitting on top of the router this seems to eventually degrade to low until finally the connection drops Repairing with XP repair facility doesn t work I can forget about getting a connection if I move further away from the router At the moment I m relying on using an ethernet cable snaking across the dining room which isn t really practical with a toddler and a dog racing around Recently a friend put a bigger HD in and before this it was working fine so I suspect that it may be due to this I think it s due to the wirless card in the laptop as I have a number of other devices in the house which all work fine I have tried some things after digging around on the internet inc this http support microsoft com kb and a number of suggestions suggested on youtube Thanks for taking the time to look at my post nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everyone I recently was given a Toshiba Satellite by my father-in-law The screen stopped working and he said that if i could fix it i could have it After replacing the CCFL tube and getting it to work i started to mess around w it and noticed that the speakers will work and i can hear music and sound but it is barely audible Of course i tried to manipulate the sound through the control panel application as well as media player or anything like that The sound would increase and decrease and i altered the setting but as i stated before Speakers Working Laptop Properly Not Toshiba the highest it will Toshiba Laptop Speakers Not Working Properly go with the bar at its max is still barely audible The Toshiba s model number is -S It has a Pentium GHz processor with ram It is running XP home ed with sp which i had to install once i got the monitor working and it has a Yamaha ac-xg wdm audio device with harman kardon speakers Any help or advice is greatly appreciated Thank you much much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-speakers-not-working-properly.642838/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I installed hard drives using a caddy in my laptop SSD for the OS and HDD for data Every once in a while once a year id say I still need the DVD drive so I bought an external DVD enclosure Generic The problem right now is that windows doesn't recognize it or rather doesn't recognize it correctly On windows pro x here is a pic of the device manager ok so windows recognizes it a a disk drive automatically changed it manually to optical drive and adds a portable device WPD FileSystem Volume Driver The drive appears in My computer but empty What Iv tried - chose manually all available drivers from windows in update driver - disabled power management on usb - other usb port computer on win bits - using a power cable instead of enclosure DVD Laptop working properly not external the usb power cable - google search for drivers using the device id USBSTOR DISK amp VEN GENERIC amp PROD EXTERNAL amp REV amp anything else I can try thanks

A:Laptop DVD external enclosure not working properly

Did you try going into the BIOS to see how it recognized it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/237987-laptop-dvd-external-enclosure-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I just reformatted the HDD on my girlfriends laptop and now the touchpad mouse is not working properly. The scroll wheel doesn't work and when scrolling down on a web page with the keyboard it goes step by step. Are their any settings that I need tochange to make it work right?

A:Laptop touchpad mouse is not working properly

Some touchpads require specific drivers installed. Did you install these from the manufacturer? This is the integrated one on the laptop not add-in devices?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-touchpad-mouse-is-not-working-properly.421227/
Relevancy 58.91%

So, i bought this computer awhile ago, and i noticed now that my speakers aint working well. The sound reproduced by them sometimes (usually when I switch the computer on they are working well) is laggy, crashes and does strange noises. The volume also goes down significantly. The problem doesn't seem to happen with headphones plugged in. Any tip of what i should do to fix this problem? Thank you.

A:My laptop sound inst working properly.

Hi, Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your Omen - you can usually get this by holding down the fn key and pressing esc, otherwise see Here for a guide on locating this information. Regards, DP-K 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/My-laptop-sound-inst-working-properly/td-p/5793440
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi Can anyone help me Most of my desktop icons aren t displayed properly and I can t access the programmes eg I double click on Internet explorer and nothing happens I am connected to wireless router I working properly Laptop displaying or not shortcuts ve installed a new norton Internet security programme and done a Laptop shortcuts not displaying properly or working scan which says no threats found The norton icon Laptop shortcuts not displaying properly or working on the desktop isn t working either accessed it fm bottom right corner of desktop to run the scan When I double click a desktop icon eg google desktop I get a message saying the path doesn t exist When I double click on the toshiba assist icon I get a message saying the item tintouch exe that this short cut refers to has been changed or removed so this shortcut will no longer work properly Do u want to delete this shortcut I click no I get the same message when I double click on aol icon I m totally stuck - I can t access windows help and support either nothing happens when I double click on it Sally nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-shortcuts-not-displaying-properly-or-working.1078974/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey folks,
I have Lenovo G500s windows 10 laptop Whenever I plug in my headphones to laptop, sometimes sound comes from laptop speakers and sometimes sound comes from my headphone. I had re-installed audio drivers and I even tried with new earphones, but still problem persists. Please help me out to identify why my laptop is behaving is this? I am facing this problem even before updating to windows 10.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-audio-jack-not-working-properly.1158530/
Relevancy 58.91%

I upgraded to Windows a while back Every time I open the computer I get a pop-up notification telling me the USB device is unrecognized I have no USB devices in any of my USB ports I sent my computer in twice No help They just uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything and told me it should be fixed It is not I then went about updating every driver in my Device Manager I uninstalled the Unknown USB Device and then updated other drivers Certain drivers such as PCI Express Root Port - C (Device Request Device Descriptor Device USB USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&7de72a2&0&3 Failed) Unknown when updating would also reinstall the Unknown USB Device which I would then uninstall and keep working down the list Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&7de72a2&0&3 Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) At the end of updating EVERYTHING I scanned for hardware changes and quot found quot the Unknown USB Device nbsp From what I can tell and I know very little about this stuff my computer can't name one of my USB ports Since it can't figure out what it's called it can't download the proper driver for it Since it can't download the proper driver it can't work properly The practical result from this is that one of my three USB ports does nothing when I put in any USB item connect my android phone thumb drive presentation clicker etc I've looked on tons of forums My current thought is that if I can tell my computer what the deice is or download the right driver and tell my computer to use that driver for this device it should solve my issue But I don't know how to know what the name of the USB port should be I imagine it would be something similar to the other USB ports I don't know who made the USB port I don't know where to search for the drivers on my own and I don't know how to tell my computer to use a downloaded drive for a specific USB Port since it usually coordinates all that on its own I've been on lots of forums and tried lots of solutions Anyone think they can help me with my problem

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/51d96031-1f7e-4d92-8d25-782f6c799d5f/device-usbvid0000amppid00026amp7de72a2amp0amp3-unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 58.91%

This is a follow up to a previous thread to do with a side project Iíve been playing with.

On the MAIN form in the attached, scrolling through the records should go through all the players (as in the PLAYERS table) Ė yet this is not the case. I have six players, yet only four records appear. Can anyone see what Iím doing wrong with the form?

OBP, if youíre reading this D and assumption that you can't keep away from Access related threads I know): Iíve restructured your changes to the tables from before, so that only one stake amount is placed per week.

A:Solved: Access Form not working properly having finally fitted a working (or is it) s

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-form-not-working-properly-having-finally-fitted-a-working-or-is-it-s.799084/
Relevancy 58.48%

Having worked fine for a year, I've recently started having problems with my Dell printer: it will print, and then suddenly (usually halfway through a page) the computer stops recognising the device.

If I switch the printer off and on again, the computer usually recognises it again, and might print another couple of pages, until suddenly it's not recognised and the whole thing starts again.

I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling the printer software, and I've checked all the connections and tried different USB ports but it made no difference. Am wondering whether the problem could be related to the USB drives rather than the printer?

I'm running Windows XP Professional. Error messages etc attached below:

A:Dell AIO 942 - USB device working, then randomly not recognised

Just to clarify, the USB drives are all internal. I'm running SP2 with Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-aio-942-usb-device-working-then-randomly-not-recognised.573027/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I'm John and I'm having major problems here I have been using a laptop for awhile and it's been working great I not working properly Laptop Headphone (Win7) output have been using my pair of headphones for my laptop and they've been working great as well However after a bit I noticed that the audio was not working really good I thought it was the headphones until I tried more pairs they did the same thing The problem is that when I'm listening to a song one part of Laptop Headphone output not working properly (Win7) the audio I can hear clearly but the rest the majority of the song is either faint or muffled This happens when I put the headphone jack all the way in the output When I take it out some the majority of the song audio I can hear clearly but the other parts I can barely hear This really annoys me and it really bothers me Is their any professional or half-assed way to fix this My headphones were loud and clear before but now out of nowhere I can't hear of anything I listen to Can I get any help I'd appreciate it greatly This happened randomly and I'd like some answers I have good hopes in replies

A:Laptop Headphone output not working properly (Win7)

Have you tried messing around in there at all? It should recognize where your headphones are plugged in and give you options to control them. Are you plugging into the front panel or the rear panel for audio on the headphones? Have you tried both???

samsung galaxy s5 case

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/333887-laptop-headphone-output-not-working-properly-win7.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Re:  Pavilion g series/Windows 7 HP laptop My son was typing on Word and all of a sudden the keys stopped typing letters  and numbers.  The keys sometimes open up other windows when hit or indent.  It happens on any search window, too, so it isn't just word.   We are unable to type anything.  I'm afraid to turn off the computer and start it up as we may not be able to type in the password!  the touchpad is working and I can see the cursor.  For example, when I type "h" into a seach box nothing happens.  When I try "i" it moves it over about 10 spaces (indents?) but nothing appears.  The backspace works.I think he may have hit something to change the settings but I can't figure it out.    

A:Keyboard not working properly on HP laptop - Pavilion g seri...

I restarted the computer and it is working properly!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-not-working-properly-on-HP-laptop-Pavilion-g-series/td-p/1480573
Relevancy 58.05%

I purchased my Laptop 8 months ago with Windows 8.  Worked perfectly. Upgraded to Windows 10 after 1 week, and still worked perfectly for 7 months.Now the mouse and the touch screen does not work properly.If I hook up external mouse, it works perfectly.Tried to resolve with HP support, but after getting cut off on the support line 3 X finally talked to support who said it is a Windows 10 issue with their drivers, even though it worked perfectly on Windows 10 for 7 months.Told me it is not a hardware issue, even though it obviously is, works perfectly with an exteranl mouse, and that I would have to pay $100 for him to supoort looking at the OS Drivers.Should I do a wipe, re-install Windows 8, and then phone to get support since HP will not support any issues if you are running Windows 10?Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Laptop-mouse-amp-touch-screen-not-working-properly/td-p/5763162
Relevancy 57.62%

Let me give some quick background on my situation I installed a rather old years Hauppauge WinTV-FM tuner card into my machine and downloaded and is "No properly hardware (allegedly) but working Device" Audio installed the latest drivers straight from the manufacturer Installation resulted in a "No Audio Device" but hardware is (allegedly) working properly BSOD with an error in STREAM SYS I tried the installation a second time after restart why I couldn t tell you with the same result Initially after the fubar ed install I had maybe five different highlighted items in Device Manager with some sort of error including my optical drives and sound card Since then I have removed the tuner card and gotten Device Manager to recognize all hardware as installed and working properly However as stated in the title of this post I can t get any sound or even select a default audio device see attachments I ve tried uninstalling the sound card via DM and even went so far as to manually delete all drivers listed in Driver Details so XP could rebuild them all from scratch I ve set the BIOS sound card setting from Auto to Enable I think it s some sort of quot residue quot from the botched hardware install I m just having a hell of a time pinpointing what actually is corrupted I ve been poking and prodding this thing for two days with no luck Any help is greatly appreciated -Kyle nbsp

A:"No Audio Device" but hardware is (allegedly) working properly

I figured it out. I had to reinstall the PnP Software Enumerator as described here.

Hopefully, this thread shortens the search for people in the same situation!

-Kyle

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-device-but-hardware-is-allegedly-working-properly.691241/
Relevancy 57.62%

I am told that

' "HWiNFO32 Kernel Driver" device is not working properly '

what can I do about this?

A:"HWiNFO32 Kernel Driver" device is not working properly

I would go in to control panel, choose uninstall programs and uninstall HWInfo. Then restart and reinstall a fresh copy of HWInfo32.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/316559-hwinfo32-kernel-driver-device-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Have Inspirion 6000 Dell laptop...start up screen says no bootable devices...I do not have any original installation discs. What can I do?

A:No bootable device Dell laptop

Not a lot really...

its a good chance the HDD is knackered or its worked loose in its cradle.

if its possible remove and replace the HDD and see if it fixes it.

if not then its stuffed and needs replacing and reloading.

an I6000 takes a 2.5" IDE HDD and cost about £30 - £40 on ebay, your then going to need a copy of XP, if your machine has a licence key then you can borrow a disk from a friend or PC shop and use that to install XP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-bootable-device-dell-laptop.147589/
Relevancy 57.62%

My computer is an HP Pavilion G laptop Windows Home Premium bit I've recently went through a lot of problems with this computer specifically a corrupt user profile so I ended up doing a factory reset or something in that nature that fixed properly on Home disabled/not Keys working laptop keyboard the problem but it wiped everything off my computer Before the reset occasionally Home Keys on laptop keyboard disabled/not working properly my keyboard would just disable and go into this mode where certain keys opened a variety of programs and I had to shut off restart the computer to fix it But the keys worked fine it was just when the keyboard went crazy was when the keys didn't work But now a week or two after the reset I Home Keys on laptop keyboard disabled/not working properly went on my computer and the home keys and the enter key were disabled and I did some online research and a lot say that the keyboard is shot and you have to replace it The strangest thing was this morning actually I went on the computer and went to type and found the home keys were Home Keys on laptop keyboard disabled/not working properly actually working I left for a bit to start my morning and then came back woke the computer up and turned on the internet and found the keys disabled again I explained that story because it could be something involved with the computer's sleep function or its internet as a maybe Heres a list of some of my computer specs Computer HP Pavilion G Notebook PC x Processor AMD - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics Mhz Cores Logical Processors BIOS Version Date Insyde F SMBIOS Version Installed Physical Memory RAM GB I really need help I have no idea how to fix this Thanks in advance J

A:Home Keys on laptop keyboard disabled/not working properly

firstly I would recommend downloading and installing all of the latest drivers for you laptop. especially any chipset and or ones directly related to the keyboard (most laptop keyboards use default windows ones so theres nothing to update, but laptops with hot keys and multimedia keys tend to use their own)

something else you can do is plug in a usb keyboard and test it, if the same keys on a usb keyboard dont work its not hardware related.
simply googling G7 keyboard throws up hundreds of user complaints so its not exactly a first time event theyve known to fail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/318329-home-keys-laptop-keyboard-disabled-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 57.19%

My Dell inspiron 3542 laptop speakers are not working,but 3.5 mm jack is working fine.
Please help me out.

A:My Dell inspiron 3542 laptop speakers are not working,but 3.5 mm jack is working fine.

Hello.The problem could be either in the hardware or the software, so you need to test each. Perform the tests below -- it doesn't matter which one you do first.

To test the speakers, perform the Quick Audio Check in the ePSA test. If the speakers fail the test then they have failed or become disconnected. (Click the link for instructions on how to run the test.)

To test the software, switch between the Realtek audio driver and the Windows native driver. [This test assumes that your laptop has the Realtek audio driver. If you get to step 2 and do not see "Realtek High Definition Audio" then go to the Dell support page for your model and download the Realtek driver that Dell provides for the version of Windows that the laptop is running.]
1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio".3. Select to "Update Driver Software".4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".5. Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".6. Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked.7. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver).8. Click "Next".9. On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver). 10. Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, then no need to restart.[To get back to the Realtek driver, do it again but reverse the names in steps 2 and 7.]
If the speakers work correctly only with the native driver, then the Realtek driver is buggy. If the speakers work correctly only with the Realtek driver, then the native driver is buggy.

If the speakers worked during the Quick Audio Check (above) but do not work with either driver, it could be that the sensing mechanism in the headphone jack has failed, making Windows think that there is a plug in the jack when there is not. There is a full explanation of that issue in the Headphone Jack FAQ.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19682568
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi folks , I'm having the devil of a job trying to get the sound running on a friend's PC . XP Pro (32-bit) installed on Asrock Conroe Presler 775i945GZ (64-bit) motherboard . I've installed chipset and realtek audio drivers appropriate to the mobo (from Asrock site) but Device Manager still shows an unknown PCI Device under Other Devices and onboard sound isn't working . There are no PCI cards installed and onboard audio is enabled in BIOS . Could there be an issue with a 32-bit OS being installed on a 64-bit mobo ? I wouldn't have thought so but have little experience with 64-bit .

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 57.19%

This one has thrown me into a bit of a loop I am working on a new Acer Desktop for a friend Her Dell died the previous day Like all Unknown Solved: Device PCI new PCs Solved: Unknown PCI Device nowadays - it comes with the new exciting M Vista She bought WindowsXP SP MCE and I promptly murdered vista It was a bit tricky but I located the drivers for the Acer T there is sets of Solved: Unknown PCI Device drivers for that series and almost everything is perfect But there is single PCI device that I am getting an unknown error with Its listed as Other Devices - PCI Device Yellow Question mark I Solved: Unknown PCI Device m trying to figure out what this is The modem was the only PCI device installed - and its driver is fine I even pulled the modem out - just in case Audio USB Firewire video IDE and SATA devices are listed okay The PC itself is running okay The ACER T has these stats AMD AM CPU X mb RAM DDR mhz GB HD DVD-RW drive Media Card reader The motherboard brand is unknown at this time but it is the Nvidia Nforce IGP Chipset nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello, I finished re-installing windows XP and at first after getting all the drivers, it said I had an unknown driver which was the last one and it was the audio drivers. Then, I had every driver installed and the display driver was by microsoft and I needed the CCC to go with my driver, so after installing Ati's driver for ATI RADEON 9600XT, I keep getting an unknown device when I boot up my PC.

It says the location is on ATI RADEON 9600/9550/X1050 Series.

Thanks in advance.

A:[SOLVED] Unknown Device in D.M.

Meh, I'll disable it. It doesn't seem to be of any importance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-unknown-device-in-d-m-417885.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey,

I run into this problem often and it takes me a great deal of effort to resolve it, in most cases. After formatting and reinstalling windows (wich we do for every new employee) I have to reload motherboard drivers. More often then not we don't have the mobo cds and are forced to get each one manually. There is a device left in the device manager labeled "unknown device." My question is this. Is there an online resource that can tell you what the device is from its id listed under properties? The only resource I have found requires a device ID that only propagates if windows recognizes that device in the first place. The unknown device id's usually look something like this ATK0101/110101
If anyone knows another method to resolve this issue that would be cool too. I usually take screen shots of the entire device manage list before formatting, but its not much help.

A:[SOLVED] Unknown Device

I've come across this problem a few times too. I'm sure your aware of the driver utilities that show you a list of all drivers needing to be installed. I would start by finding the utility for the mobo that allows you to choose from a list of drivers. Chances are it's probably some modem floating around or something.

I'm not sure if there is a database out there for this situation but i'll keep looking. Also if you do find the correct driver, I would slipstream a copy of Windows that has all drivers you need on it (assuming most of your builds have somewhat similar hardware)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-unknown-device-298242.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a IBM windows 2000 system and it wont recognize the cd-rom I tried unistalling an reistall but the device manager reads windows cannot install the drivers I also have a unknown pci device PCI bus 0, device 31, function 3 also state the drivers are not installed,when I try to install the drivers they cant be found I downloaded the device identifier but clueless where to go it shows it as being Intel 24D3h82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R)SMbus controller I think these two are tied together?? also the computer wont assign a drive letter but the CD-ROM is listed in the device manager any help???

Relevancy 57.19%

I clean installed windows 7 on an IBM Lenovo Thinkcentre. In the device manager screen it says unknown device (w/ an icon of a computer and a yellow triangle that has a little black exclamation piont). I guess that means it is not a driver issue but what is it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

A:[SOLVED] unknown device

Hi go to device manager then to the erroring device click on the little + to expand the view then right click on the device choose properties the choose the details tab and post back with the hardware id' which you choose from the drop down list post the pci ven and dev

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-unknown-device-645439.html
Relevancy 57.19%

TO WHOM HAS DELL INSPIRON BUILT IN MICROPHONE IS NOT WORKING I have Dell Inspiron and I have issue to built in microphone is not working I tried Microphone Built - in working 1520 Dell Inspiron device not to execute the Sigma Tel driver from Dell Driver and Support website but prompted 'Exit Error Error Device Object not present Restart system and Built in Microphone device not working - Dell Inspiron 1520 run setup Then asked Dell support to help and they are not really helpful after System Restore and drivers upload and finally asked to reformat the laptop Anyway this is what works for me Download the Sigma Tel driver from Dell Support Drivers page and save it in Desktop Shutdown your computer Start your computer and press F at the Dell Logo page Select Safe Mode not others Proceed to work on Safe Mode Right-click the Sound icon and activate the Sound icon Select Recording device If still not working then execute the Sigma Tel driver that saved in desktop then shutdown the computer and start as normal you may see the system able to detect the built in Microphone then

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/220785-built-microphone-device-not-working-dell-inspiron-1520-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Ok, getting a little frustrated. Got a ThinkPad PII 600E, 366, W98, w/190ram.
Thing is, I just had the MB crash on my old one (TP600, 266) and got an upgraded board/bottom. Works great but no sound for cd or dvd from sound card. I've checked in device mgr and audio devices all "working properly". Media player says "Cannot play back the audio stream; no audio hardware is
available or the hardware is not responding." When I hit details, it says there is no sound card. How can I check for this on this machine? Location? Sorry for the longwinded post...

A:"Device working properly" but NO sound

If it is an onboard sound card, make sure that it is enabled in the BIOS.

SM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-working-properly-but-no-sound.218741/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello, today something strange popped up in my tuneup utilities:

So naturally I went ahead and followed the steps as seen in the screenshot. There is nothing wrong in my device manager.
What comes to mind though is that earlier today I was testing some gamepads that don't work properly. And when I plugged one in, it showed me that little exclamation icon (over the gamepad icon in the devices and printers window) for a while, after which it disappeared. But I unplugged it and went about fixing it. When I came back I noticed that "VSC Engine" thing in tuneup. So, what's that all about ? What is this VSC Engine ? False alarm ? What should I be looking at ? In device manager everything looks alright:
EDIT: After reading closely and enabling hidden devices I came across this:

A:"VSC Engine" device not working properly (?)

Wow you've actually got me on this one, I have no clue what it's talking about. The only place I've seen VSC before is when dealing with car computers.

Since it's not an actual device the only first piece of advice I can come up with for you is to run a system file check.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/226986-vsc-engine-device-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi
purchased and used an external 2.5" Hard Drive

now when i plug into my computer XP gives me this message - Unknown USB device. USB has malfunctioned..The USB device is reported to have malfunctioned and is therefore an 'Unknown Device'.

it does work as i still use it in other computers,

so far i have:
Unistalled all usb controllers & reinstalled
used system restore back to when they were working

* from device manager here is my USB devices.

SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
SiS PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller
USB 2.0 Root Hub
USB 2.0 unknown device
USB Root Hub

Is it possible to reset the settings in the usb contrller / registiry to get this working again

thanks
yankeebean

A:Solved: Unknown USB device. USB has malfunctioned

i have solved this...

turned off und unpluged all usbs (plug mouse to port)
leave off for about 30mins
reboot in safe mode
goto device manager
uninstall all usbs - start from the bottom & work up.
reboot in normal mode
give comptuer time to reload the drive required

now you should be fixed -- worked for me --

Yankeebean

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unknown-usb-device-usb-has-malfunctioned.553353/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi to everybody,

Guys few days ago, i have formatted a desktop computer for one of my friend, i have installed Win XP SP3 also all drivers from the original CD that he bought with that PC, also latest updates, but few days ago he called me and tell to me that when he attempt to install his External Webcam on that PC he got a message saying: Unknown device" he told me that he also tried the CD of that Webcam.Please Guys could you provide me with the steps that i have to take.Thank you in advance.
Best regards to all of you,

Relevancy 56.76%

I did a wifi device scan using SoftPerfect Wifi Guard and have a device I do not know. I have 4 in total laptop, router, BB phone. The 4th is a Hon Hai Precision device. The only other device I know of is my satellite modem, hard wired to router. I live in a very remote area and have no neighbors close by.
I assume that there actually is a 4th unknown device. How can I track it down?
Thanks

A:Solved: Unknown WiFi device

Hi, and welcome to TSG.

It looks like the software detects both wired and wireless devices on the the same network.
http://www.softperfect.com/board/read.php?18,14397

Is the wired satellite modem connected to the LAN or WAN side of the router? If it is on the LAN side, try disconnecting it and rerunning the scan.

If it isn't the modem, does anyone in the house have any portable Apple devices? It is my understanding that Hon Hai Precision supplies the WiFi hardware for some Apple products.

Are you using any WiFi encryption?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unknown-wifi-device.1123616/
Relevancy 56.76%

MOBO:evga 7100 630i

Hi i been trying to address this issue for a few weeks now. Heres the problem i can not install drivers to my on-board audio nor can i install a PCI sound card without conflicting and i can not uninstall the unknown device.(on-board sound) In device manager the error is (28) the drivers are not installed any other info you need i will provide if i can, thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Unknown Device (advance)

for the onboard run them from the m/b setup disk

you can have both enabled at the same time they do not conflict with one another

in stall the card usually in the bottom slot that is available

run the setup disk that came with the card to install the drivers and software

plug your speakers in

go into windows sounds and set the the speakers and the card as default

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-unknown-device-advance-520169.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hiya all,

I just installed Windows Xp on a puter. After installing all the drivers including the video card drivers from ATI's website the computer discovered an "unknown device on ATI Radeon X700"

The motherboard is a gigabyte 8I865GME-775-RH and obviously a X700 Radeon Video Card. AGP drivers, chipset drivers and the like are all installed. The video card showed up as an unknown device when I first installed, I put in the catalyst drivers and it detected successfully, upon reboot this new unknown device came up and I can not seem to find any drivers for the thing. I tried reinstalling the catalyst drivers as well to no avail.

Any thoughts?

Relevancy 56.76%

I have a HP630 notebook with windows 7 Home Basic OS. I upgraded it to windows 7 premium and downloaded all the drivers. These driveres were installed properly. My laptop was working fine until recently. Now the webcam is not working. Whenever, I open Skype, my webcam does not turn on and an error message is shown ' Webcam is Off. If you have integrated webcam, turn it ON'. Secondly, I noticed that device manager shows " unknown device" in USB devices. When I checked for it error code it indicates " windows has stopped this device (error code 43). I feel that stopping of webcam and unknown device error are two issues which are related to the webcam malfunctioning. I remember that webcam was working OK earlier. My question is how to solve this problem.

Relevancy 56.76%

First of all hello people, now to my problem .

On my network i have an unknown device, i am using a thomson speed touch router and he detects it as shown below.

I tried removing it from the admin panel but it keeps comming back. Can someone tell me what that is and should i worry about that, thanks in advance.

Relevancy 56.76%

hi all,

my pc is running really slow. it gets stuck whenever a new program is launched. have video and audio stuttering. and have had to delete all games.

i have a desktop running windows xp. after much troubleshooting and searching online forums, i am trying this as the last recourse.

i have an unknown device under sound, video and game controllers. the device instance id is root\media\006.

there are no drivers installed for this device.

i had nvidia video card which i have removed. have also removed the modem card.

any help would be really appreciated.

thanks in advance.

cheerio

Relevancy 56.76%

I finished reinstalling windows in a dell laptop D830. I installed all of the necessary drivers except this "USB Device" that I dont know what it is. It only appears when I turn on the wireless on. Also I don't know if this is connected but I cant connect wirelessly.

Thanks for any help.

-Never mind. I found the driver I needed. Incase anyone has this problem it was the a bluetooth driver in network 4th from the bottom.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unknown-usb-device-driver.731046/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello,
I just did a fresh install Windows 7 and installed all updates and drivers. Although, I noticed an unknown device in Device Mamager. It's an Intel(R) ICH10 LPC - 3A18 Interface Controller as written in properties. I installed every damn thing about it (actually the Intel_ChipsetInf_V9111014_XPVistaWin7), but it seems that I'm missing something. Also, so far system is running smoothly, but I want to be sure that no harm will be done from this issue. Any ideas why it's marked as unknown all the time?

Any help is appreciated...

Motherboard: Asus P5Q SE
Prossesor: Intel Core2Quad Q8200
Video card: Nvidia GeForce 9600GT

A:Solved: Unknown device in Windows 7

Have you run Windows Update? Do so manually and check the optional updates once he scan is done, there should be an ASUS ACPI driver listed, install that and see if it clears the error. The driver is also posted on the ASUS site under I think utilities for many motherboards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unknown-device-in-windows-7.931295/
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm having issues getting my USB ports to work. They're definitely getting power but not registering any USB device being plugged in. I've checked in the Device Manager and I see two UNKNOWN DEVICE messages with ERROR CODE 43..."Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".
I've tried full shutdown and battery removal...failed.

Uninstalled each USB root hub from the device manager then restarted computer for full auto re-install...failed.

Downloaded Hardware Identification Tool and used it to download correct drivers (as confirmed by the manufacturers website) and failed as well.

Can anybody help me with this issue by chance? Would be greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: Error 43 USB Unknown Device

After attempting a few more possibilities for my issue, I have already found my problem and how to repair it...The entire USB port is shot. It's dead, nonusable. I'm either going to have to get a whole new motherboard or a USB PCI card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-error-43-usb-unknown-device.1005411/