Windows Support Forum

Dual Router Situation

Q: Dual Router Situation

Hi just wanted some conformation advice on what I plan on adding to my network at my house Currently I have a BTHub router and a TP-Link AV nano powerline adapter going from the router to the other side of the house where my room is because I receive little if any wireless signal to my room as it is very far away from the router What I plan on adding is CAT e gigabit cables Dual Router Situation going from my routers gigabit port through the powerline adapter to the WAN port on a TP-Link TL-WR ND Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Port Cable Router and then a third gigabit cable to my PC and a normal CAT cable from the TP-Link router to my XBox I wondered if a BT will allow a second router on the network b If I setup the SSiD Dual Router Situation and password for the new TP-Link to be the same as the BTHub will wireless Dual Router Situation devices get a seamless transition between both routers or if that is not the case and the routers will have to have separate SSiDs and passwords The main reason I plan on doing this is because currently to connect my XBox and my PC to the router though the powerline adapter I have to switch the cable around which is a pain so I though I should get a port switch to connect them both at the same time but then I thought I should try to future proof it a little and I should go Gigabit but a port Gigabit switch is almost the same price as a gigabit router which should give me wireless connectivity to my room and this side of the house Please try to make things as simple as possible as networking is most definitely not my strong point Also for any non-gigabit connections I will use the normal CAT cables that came with my powerline adapter originally Thanks -hopgop nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dual Router Situation

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dual Router Situation

Or would it be better to get an 8 port gigabit switch and a wireless range extender? Which would be easier / the most efficient? I am currently leaning toward the wireless range extender option.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-router-situation.201227/
Relevancy 58.91%

I am really trying to get used to Windows and it is getting better I have a dual boot which works well I have several installs of XP of various editions I use Acronis True Image a lot to make images I use only the one Windows but several Acronis True Images of various XP's - Corporate Home etc My problem is I have the one XP that I then installed Seven and this is the dual boot I sure don't want to go about the dual boot by re-installing Seven with all the others Is there an easy way to do this What I thought is to restore an XP image then putting the what makes the dual boot files in and saving that as an image Then on to the next XP image But how would I do this I have read up on dual boot software but I need something very simple And if I ever need to restore an image - either XP or Seven I need to know that it will still dual boot Thanks Fscltp

A:Dual Boot as an unusual situation

Best way to do a dual boot is by using Super F-Disk and GAG. This is basically a dual boot with hidden partitions, so that a) if one partition goes down, you still have a fully functional other partition that has been unaffected, and b) when that part does go down, you can do a reinstall on that part without affecting the other part and it's OS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/194317-dual-boot-unusual-situation.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi again all.

I'm doing a PC build and it's secondary purpose will be as an HTPC in a room that has an old analog tube style TV (a 1998-vintage Sony Trinitron). Replacing that TV is not an option at the moment.

I want to use something like this to get the signal on to the TV. The video card (already purchased) is this one.

As you can see on the card details, it's dual head (what video cards aren't these days? ) so will this allow a sort of "dual monitor" setup in Win7, where monitor #2 is in fact the TV? If that is the case, can I have the monitor at a nice high resolution and the TV at it's nominal low resolution simultaneously? Or will I have to use the converter's passthrough feature and connect it all through a single head?

Thanks in advance all.

A:Using VGA-to-SVideo converter, dual monitor situation?

Don't see why it wouldn't. Just remember that you will need to use a DVI-VGA adapter, and a VGA cable which looks like it comes with the converter (the DVI-VGA adapter should come with the video card).

About the only "problem" you might run into is which if the two DVI ports on the card is the one that supports VGA via adapter, seeing as it looks like EVGA didn't marl the back plate on the card from looking at the pictures of the card. It isn't really a problem, more a matter of trial and error when the back plate isn't marked something like this (or says which in the manual),

Won't hurt anything if you get it wrong, the VGA connection just won't work and just a matter of swapping the connections. Usually it is the bottom DVI port or the one furthest away from the HDMI port that supports VGA.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/186161-using-vga-svideo-converter-dual-monitor-situation.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I want to connect a router to two ADSL line (10mbps each).

what do you think of this router:
http://www.ovislink.com/newovislink/Products/Routers/MH200/MH200.asp

A:Router with dual WAN

Never heard of that one, but I've actually heard of these.

LINKSYS RV042
XINCOM XC-DPG502
EDIMAX BR-624
D-Link DI-LB604

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-with-dual-wan.884202/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have AXIMCOM P2P Gear(PG-216NV) dual WAN router. I am connect two lines. One with 10Mbps download and another with 5Mbps download. But one only woring most of the time even if I have multiple downloads.
Some times the two line are on but it taken equal speed from both( which is 5mbps from each one instead of taking 10Mbps from WAN1 and 5Mbps from WAN2).

My settings:
Setup - WAN
WAN 1 WAN: Enable
Connection Type: DHCP
Host Name: WAN1

WAN 2 WAN
Enable
Connection TypeHCP
Host Name

Type: Aggregation
Priority Type:Automatic

WAN 1 Load Balance Load Balance Priority

External Connection Detection
Enable Disable
Detection Type
Ping (ICMP Echo) ARPing
Detection Host

Detection Interval
60 Seconds
Connection Detection Threshold
Time(s)

WAN 2 Load Balance Load Balance Priority

External Connection Detection : Enable
Detection Type: ARPing
Detection Host: Enable

Detection Interval: 60 Seconds

A:dual WAN router

The speeds listed are maximums and not the amount you can expect from each. Using all the bandwidth with one connection leaves none available for the other. Try limiting the speeds on one if that is an option. Routers do not "divvy up" bandwidth among connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-wan-router.967304/
Relevancy 44.72%

Just got a new smartphone today and no longer need the G band on my router. Would like to speed everything up in the house. I know the 192...whatever to get into the router, but how do I change it safely so I don't lose internet

A:How to set dual router to N only?

Typically it's 192.168.1.1, under wireless settings or advance wireless settings. Make the change, apply the new setting. Might lose connectivity to the router briefly as it switches to N only mode. But it is a fairly straight forward process. I've changed my modem/router combo from b & g to g only, didn't have any problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-set-dual-router-to-n-only.175294/
Relevancy 44.29%

I remember in the Old days, there was the capability of combining two dial up connections to increase throughput. I have two 1.5mbs down 896 up (Qwest Dsl) internet connections, and limited to this bandwidth due to my distance from the DSLAM. (18,000 feet) Is there any hardware on the market today that would combine these connections to increase the throughput.

Relevancy 44.29%

Is there any security benefit (extra firewall, etc) from using two routers to connect to the internet. For example, this computer connects to port 1 on my Netgear. From the WAN port, a wire connects the port 4 of my Dlink. The WAN port of my DLink connects, of course, to my modem and the Internet. second question...how do I access the secondary router. Anytime I type in "192.168.0.1", I only access the DLink interface. (I was confused about configuring the Static IP on the secondary Netgear so I left it as is) Any ideas/ suggestions. Can I somehow use this dual router to my benefit?

I have a Netgear (RP614) and DLink (DI 714P+). Networking has always somewhat eluded me, and I was wondering what benefits/unique configurations may be derived from two routers.

here
is a picture of the situation.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-router-firewall.319956/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have 6 units of PC and i have 2 Internet Service Provider (ISP).

Using a dual WAN Router, how can i configure it to have my 3 PC connected to 1 ISP and the other 3 PC is connected to another ISP.
ISP 1 >>> >>> 3 Computers
>>> Dual WAN Router >>> Switch/HUB
ISP 2 >>> >>> 3 Computers
Just thinking if it is randomly get an access to net. If there is a way to configure or assign them on which connection them will be pls. guide me.
If can't get my illustration i will make a better one. ^_^

hmMm... and does this settings can connect my 6 Computers with each other? So, that i will have an access to them? Or in use of LAN Games or File sharing?
p.s.

what is the disadvantage and advantage of this settings?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configuration-of-2-isp-in-dual-wan-router.735696/
Relevancy 44.29%

Just moved into a house that is wired for ethernet in all rooms Unfortunately the hub for this setup is tucked away in one of the rooms Dual setup help! router which means that I don t get good Wi-Fi signal throughout the house if I put my router there My initial thought was to go from internet modem to a switch that could then route internet to a bunch of rooms allowing me to place the router in a more centralized location while also allowing me to use ethernet connection to pc s in different parts of the house This didn t work however as the computers could not get internet without being plugged into the router itself Is there a way to make it work like this with a switch but then there would not be a Dual router setup help! firewall connection to the wired pc s right So my thought now is to go from the internet modem to an older router I have ac- u that acts as a switch only no wireless that can then route wired connection to multiple rooms and also route to a more powerful router netgear ac that I can be more centrally located to act as the main wireless connection in the house Is this a better way to do it and how do I go about doing this Which one can I configure as the access point and stuff tl dr I am wired for ethernet throughout the house but the cable hub is located in a place that is not good for wireless signal I want to be able to route wired internet to a couple of different rooms in the house while also being able to better centralize the wireless router Thanks nbsp

A:Dual router setup help!

That will work. All you do on the wireless router you plan on using as the main is either set it to Access point mode or just disable DHCP in it.
The network cable going from the older router will be plugged into one of the 1-4 ports, doesn't matter which, on the new router..
You don't plug into the WAN port on the new router.
And turn off the wireless on the older one.

https://hardforum.com/threads/dual-router-setup-help.1904160/
Relevancy 44.29%

Good Day! I am hoping this is the right place to ask this question.

I have two connections to the Internet, one from a WiMax connection that provides an Ethernet connection. The other source is from an ADSL phone line that passes into a SFR box that also provides an Ethernet connection.

I purchased a CISCO RV042 dual WAN router with the intention of connecting both these sources; the outputs of the RV042 will then be connected to my desktop and a Netgear N600 used as a WiFi router.

I aim to set the connections up so that in the event that one of the Internet sources goes down the other takes over. If both are running then they both maybe used to increase bandwidth?

What are the main considerations and set up I need to be aware of to get everything conected and working?

Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382739-dual-wan-router-connections.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I just need to ask if I use dual outlet powerline adapters to connect two PCs to my BT Hub, will I need to connect two cables from a powerline adapter to the router, one for each connected PC, or will one connection suffice?

A:Dual Powerline Connection To Router.

No need to answer. Found the devices I want to buy and found an online manual.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/dual-powerline-connection-router-4600885/
Relevancy 43.86%

This is a strange one to me I run connection ISP drops router WAN to Dual a network connected to a cable ISP through a Netgear Dual WAN router then to a netgear port switch My cable internet connection runs fabulously then at random times just cuts out I continue to have cable PC lights Dual WAN router drops connection to ISP on my m odems indicating all is Dual WAN router drops connection to ISP well however I cannot connect to the internet I can log in to the router from any workstation If I connect directly to the modems I seem to have no problem Most confusing is that I cannot see any pattern to the drop out time Additionally it seems sometime I can release and renew the Dynamic IP s which solves the problem other times I have to reboot the whole system from cable modems to router to switch to PC s I suspect it s a configuration issue but what i do not understand is the seemingly random drop out times or where the configuration error lies Any ideas Help Please nbsp

A:Dual WAN router drops connection to ISP

Have you uploaded the latest firmware? Is the router overheating. Are you exceeding the bandwidth capability? When you log on to the router can you see the Wan IP address and DNS server IP's? Is there anything in the logs? Can you ping a website by IP address?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-wan-router-drops-connection-to-isp.418284/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello I was thinking of picking up a dual a Help choosing router band dual band router during the coming Black Friday sale but really don't know which to buy or Help choosing a dual band router how much I really need to spend Right now I'm using a D-Link running on a Mpbs connection I game once in a while but my main concern is streaming HD video from my main PC to my upstairs PC for my parents I may also cut Cable at a future date and use the internet for all my TV programing I have look at two router so far a higher end D-Link DIR- L with up to Mbps GHz Mbps GHz speeds and a D-Link DIR- L with Mbps GHz Mbps GHz Is there any benefit of getting a router with a higher transmission rate since my connection is only Mbps or am I just paying extra for a whole bunch of nothing I am open to any brand of router so please suggest ones you had good experiences with I just looked at the D-Link cause the DIR- worked very well Thanks

A:Help choosing a dual band router

Don't think you'll get any better internet speeds because even 802.11g is at least twice the speed of your internet connection ( 54Mbps) and 802.11n up to 600 Mbps. So, you know, "The weakest link in a chain" saying ? and "Speed of a convoy is the speed of slowest ship". 5GHz range of frequencies is also more sensitive to interference by walls and other obstructions.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/57618-help-choosing-dual-band-router.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I'm confused by all the routers out there because of all of the types sold, "G", "N", and "AC"?

Do my wireless devices have to be, for example, N compatible, or G compatible or AC compatible?

I currently have Verizon DSL, slow but all that they offer for now in our area. I have a cisco valet (single channel router) now that poorly distributes wi-fi to all areas of our home, and the router is centrally located.

A:Solved: Best dual channel router to buy?

you have marked solved - is it solved ?

now that poorly distributes wi-fi to all areas of our home,Click to expand...

that may be due to the construction of the property and a new router may possibly be little better

whats the make and model of the router you have

to use the 5ghz channel , you would need an adapter that works with 5ghz

Do my wireless devices have to be, for example, N compatible, or G compatible or AC compatible? Click to expand...

yes, but you can usually setup as mixed
so a N and G will work on the same router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-best-dual-channel-router-to-buy.1116769/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey everyone This should be a routine exercise I ve done this at my own home but now I am trying to setup a network at my parents house Their actual modem is outside of the house in the shop where they get satellite internet from xplornet Canadians might know it It is a connection type I am unfamiliar with I bought them two routers both D-Link DIR wireless N and went about setting the first one up in the shop and connection it to the internet That much went fine connection setting is Dynamic IP and all of the devices wired and wirelessly connected to the first router work fine I went to setup the one inside changed it s IP from to disabled it as a DHCP server and connected it to the router network Setting up dual router outside in the shop It won t connect to the internet infact I m not even sure it is communicating with the other router nbsp

A:Setting up dual router network

see if this helps

------------------------------------------------------------------------

From a JohnWill post

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-dual-router-network.965912/
Relevancy 43.86%

Is this router good for combining two 10Mbps lines?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180566424811

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anyone-have-tried-aximcom-pg-216nv-dual-wan-router.959013/
Relevancy 43.86%

i have netgear FVS336 dual wanport vpn router. one wan port is connected to my company server through vsat and having static ip and gatway. second wan port is connected to isp dsl modem which is having dynamic ip. now i required configuration to use both wan ports same time. please help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-wan-port-router-configuration.846527/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey guys I m new to the forums I need to implement a dual for Solved: Router WAN Dual IPSec? WAN connection two different providers SDSL and DSL for one of our customers Our original design looked like this Packets to internal network Client LAN - gt Linksys RVL - gt IPSec tunnel - gt our internal network Packets to internet Client LAN - gt Linksys RVL - gt internet Now he got two different ISPs one for normal and fast DSL the Solved: Dual WAN Router for IPSec? other for tunneling to our internal network via SDSL I looked at some dual WAN routers Netgear FVS G SRX LevelOne FBR- but all they do is load balancing and high availability I do need a router which can route different packets via the different ISP connections through the IPSec tunnel I think it must be able to do policy based routing for that Anyone got any experience with this and can recommend some routers Or am I being deceived by the quot only load balancing quot term and they all are able to do what I want Thanks for any input Lenniey nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi guys This is my first post and I feel it s quite a doosey too I am trying to forward a port for BitTorrent through two routers I know how to do it with one but now I have a wired access point to go through as well I have tried just opening BitTorrent s port in both Router forwarding Dual port and I kept my IP static but I guess one of the routers didn t like that The first router I go through the access point has the gateway IP of The second router is the one that is actually connected to the internet and is Now in order for my static IP to be valid it has to be being the random number I chose for port forwarding because I have to keep it in the same default gateway as the first router access point When I set all this up the way that makes sense to me BitTorrent s just like quot hmmm nope quot I have both routers set to be open on port XXXXX whatever I was using for BT I don t remember through the static IP Where am I going wrong nbsp

A:Dual Router port forwarding

We don't support bittorrent. However what you need to do is setup the 2nd router as a switch, not a router. Baically plug into one of the LAN ports, not the WAN port and disable DHCP in the 2nd router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-router-port-forwarding.955434/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, i was just wondering if there would be any sort of advantages in hooking up say, a laptop with its wifi plus its ethernet to a router.. I'm guessing it won't do much for internet speeds but what about through network transfers? ie copying a movie from another pc..

A:question on dual connections to a router

Security would be better... file transfers would be better... but you better be sure you know what you are doing... most routers have very good manuals, but sometimes they are difficult to understand due to the nomenclature.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-on-dual-connections-to-a-router.77009/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello I I so? Which N to get N if Should I router should upgrade Dual-Band? currently have a wireless WRT G router in my home I have Should I upgrade to N Dual-Band? Which N router should I get if so? a laptop wirelessly connected one computer wired and three more wirelessly connected all with G adapters ATM So that is a total of computers wireless and one wired I was thinking about as a Christmas present for myself upgrading to the new N networking However I would keep all the G adapters except for one which I would put into the laptop Do you think I would see an increase in speed in the N laptop Also I am using Comcast High Speed Internet Do you think I should get the Dual-Band N Wireless Router or the Ultra RangePlus Wireless N Router I am not sure how the gig band works or what it is exactly but I thought it would be nice to have for the future IDK Also what about the N router Just a thought Thanks What do you think I should do in my situation Thanks Please feel free to ask me any questions nbsp

A:Should I upgrade to N Dual-Band? Which N router should I get if so?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/should-i-upgrade-to-n-dual-band-which-n-router-should-i-get-if-so.769828/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all -
I have a couple of questions if someone has some time to help.

I just purchased a new wireless router (Belkin N600) and it has dual bands 2.4 & 5.

It has the option to name each band's SSID differently. I currently have them set to the same name.

Here are my questions:
1. If the components in my house are set to pick up and log into the SSID by default, will they automatically connect to whichever on is faster or less busy, or will they just log into one?

2. Should I be naming the SSID's differently and specifying which components connect to each one?

Does it make a difference?
For reference, here's what's accessing the router:
2 TiVo's
1 Logitech Revue
1 PS3
2 Laptops
2 Tablets

Thoughts? Am I overthinking this? If everything is working fine now, should I just leave it, or can I improve performance somehow?

Thanks.

A:Dual Band Router Question

Surely some of those devices only have 'a' or only have b,g or n adapters, so will only connect to the corresponding network. I have no experience with dual band adapters so I don't know what options you have with those. If I did have dual bands I would probably be naming the networks differently and would tell each device to which network I wanted to connect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-band-router-question.983382/
Relevancy 43.86%

OK so I moved back home from university bringing my fantastic Netgear WPNT wireless router with me Now my parents internet connection is ADSL via BT phone line and comes into a BT Voyager V DSL router I m currently trying with absolutely no success to set up both routers in sequence so that mine can be easily removed or inserted back in The ideal set up would be ADSL at networking issue help! router - Dual wall - Dual router networking issue - help! gt Voyager V - gt parents comp b ethernet cable L gt Netgear - gt my comp and laptop wireless I ve tried pretty much everything i can think of in terms of IP ranges DHCP on off on either router static IP information on either one etc etc I just CANNOT get my laptop or PC to connect to the internet Most set-ups seem to give me an accessible wireless network including a couple where the internet connectivity light on the Netear goes green but I just get continuous Explorer cannot display this page messages I don t normally consider myself a computer n b but I am completely stumped if anyone could help get this sorted it would eb fantastic Any other information you need just ask and if I could get a step-by-step guide from factory settings I know it makes me sound incredily dumb but right now I m just fed up and so are my parents Thanks in advance Rory nbsp

A:Dual router networking issue - help!

Try connecting a switch port on your router to a switch port on your parents. Utilizing the WAN or Internet port on your router will only confuse it and your parents router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-router-networking-issue-help.799432/
Relevancy 43.86%

I am not sure what I need to set this up. I have a small office that monitors video surveillance at multiple properties. We have a cable modem static connection with 6MB down we want to use for connection to remote sites. We have a SDSL with 786K up we want to use for uplink to other sites for the local servers. We want to make each ISP connection redundant to the other in case of failure of one service.

I have been looking into Ciso 1800 series managed switches but am unsure if that is the correct hardware. Can anyone make a recommendation?

A:Dual ISP through a single switch/router

LVsurveillance said:

I am not sure what I need to set this up. I have a small office that monitors video surveillance at multiple properties. We have a cable modem static connection with 6MB down we want to use for connection to remote sites. We have a SDSL with 786K up we want to use for uplink to other sites for the local servers. We want to make each ISP connection redundant to the other in case of failure of one service.

I have been looking into Ciso 1800 series managed switches but am unsure if that is the correct hardware. Can anyone make a recommendation?Click to expand...

Hi,

Have you tried looking into PePLink and Edimax multi-WAN routers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-isp-through-a-single-switch-router.620902/
Relevancy 43.43%

i have tp-link WDR4300 Dual Band Router. I have installed open-wrt on it. Working perflectly for more than 10 months now.

today morning, 2.4gz network stopped working, none of my devices using this band not getting wifi. Network will show up, b devices won't be able to connect. 5gz network though, is working perfectly, one of my laptops use it.

1- please share how do I solve that.
2- one added issue is that I am unable to login into my open-wrt web interface. i found online that 192.168.1.1 is the address for that, but i just get 'no page foiund' from my browser, even when connecting lpatop with wired connection to router. Any help, to connect to webUI of my OpenWRT interface?
3- in worst case, with no access to webUI of open-WRT, how do i revert back to original tp-link firmware?

thaks in advance..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-band-router-2-4gz-network-not-working.1108812/
Relevancy 43.43%

DSL Router: Westell 6100
Wireless Router: Netgear WGR614 v6

After 2 hours on the phone with tech support last night, I finally got my connection back up. Now I am needing to forward a port or two on my routers, but due to the complicated nature of the setup, I have not figured out how to get it to work as of yet. I have already tried the (overly technical) explanation on portforward .com (http://portforward.com/help/doublerouterportforwarding.htm). But that is just a bit over my head as of now. The Netgear router is configured as a LAN ip, if that helps.

Any help is greatly appriciated!

A:dual router - port forwarding/ static ip

Hi,

Your link came back with a "page out of date" error message.

Does any of the information on this page help:

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/7815

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-router-port-forwarding-static-ip.506478/
Relevancy 43.43%

I m trying to use UltraVNC to set up my office to Router issues Solved: Dual Setup work from home I need to set up computers so I need ports open to access the internet in case more than one person Solved: Dual Router Setup issues tries to connect at one time I don t use Remote Desktop because half of the computers here are running WinXP Home don t ask me why I don t know I m working with our quot network guy quot who set up everything but he s not really getting back to me Because of the way the connections are I Solved: Dual Router Setup issues can t physically go and LOOK at how our setup is I had to figure it out This is my idea of what it looks like WAN IP XXX XX Comcast Modem Router LAN IP I don t know WAN IP xx Linksys Router LAN IP LAN IP - Computers in the office I came up with that because I can log into the Linksys router However when I go to my computer s actual external IP address I get a quot Comcast Business Gateway quot login Hence my idea of how things are set up If that s the case then ports should be forwarded from the Comcast one to XX right On the Linksys router I already forwarded them all to the right computers which now have static IP addresses I m trying to work with our network guy but he s really unresponsive I don t think this is a difficult problem or am I wrong I guess I just want some input to help me figure this out so I can stop stressing out about it Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Good Day I am trying to setup a Wireless Home Network that extends to different Parts of a Large House Since the House is large Router does not have the Signal strength to cover it all I have a second wireless Router a Spare Lan switch and ft Ethernet Cord to connect everything I thought it would be pretty simple to hook it all together I had the following plan in mind Cable Modem lt lt ---Cord-- gt gt W Router lt lt ------Long ft Cord----- gt gt W Router The cable Modem Hitched up to Internet Port of Wireless Router I changed the actuall network names and passords for this Post Wireless Router Setup Cable Modem plugged into Internet Port of Router Name Router Wlan DHCP Wireless Lan DHCP Network Name Internet Sercurity Password Password -IP -DHCP Range - Now the Long Cat goes from Lan Port of Router to the Internet Port of Router Name Router Wlan DHCP Wireless Lan DHCP Network Name Internet Sercurity Password Password -IP Router setup issue Wireless Dual -DHCP Range - I know that each Indiviual component Works - Router is the old Home Router and works great even while I am trying to connect the other Router to it - When I plug my Laptop into the cat cable I get Internet on the Laptop I made Dual Wireless Router setup issue sure wifi was disconnected - I just unplugged Router this morning from a Different Home Network Where the router was sitting in the same type of setup with the only difference being that Router was a straight up Lan router with no wireless Symptoms On Router The Internet light icon of the world will only turn on to Orange not Green On Router when I look at the status screen of Router for Wlan it tells me -DHCP enabled -Cable Dual Wireless Router setup issue Connected -Network Not Connected This all leads me to think that I missed some setting on Router Though I cant figure out what I missed As i said My Laptop is getting and IP and connected through the Dual Wireless Router setup issue Cat cable just fine Should Router not be able to simply pull an IP from the IP pool Router and use Router as its default Gateway nbsp

A:Dual Wireless Router setup issue

Does anyone want to take a shot at this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-wireless-router-setup-issue.1028069/
Relevancy 43.43%

Heya a website Hosting through NICS dual and router I m running a server with Windows Small Business Server and am attempting to serve my website out to the internet It has dual nics and is supposed to run in the following fashion Modem- gt Router- gt Private LAN on router- gt WAN port on server- gt LAN port on server - gt Switch- gt Network My WAN port on the server has an IP address of and the LAN port has an IP of The Private LAN Hosting website through dual NICS and a router end of my router has an IP address of I use this as the gateway from my card The WAN on my router goes to my static ip address which is on a different subnet In this fashion I can browse the internet from inside my network however my website static IP addy cannot be viewed by the outside world It comes up with a forbidden and bring up my router page if I type it in from inside my network If I take the router out and give my WAN port on my server the static IP address and subnet of my website can be viewed fine and I can obviously access the internet fine I have added the IP addy into the Virtual Server table on my router still with no luck This leads me to believe that there is some kind of issue between the card and the card I had this running through the router a couple of months ago with the old IP address subnet but I can t remember what I did Any suggestions would be very much appreciated Edit My router is a DSA- Ver B nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

I was having issues with my old router so I got a new linksys AC1200. I have some devices that use 5.0 and they're working fine but my other devices are very sporadic and only work for maybe 30 seconds before losing connectivity then start working after another 30 seconds or so. Wired devices work fine

A:Dual band router devices work on 5 ghz but not 2.4

If you have a Windows PC with the problem ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows Vista or latter I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Identify your network if it is not obvious.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-band-router-devices-work-on-5-ghz-but-not-2-4.1143409/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a dual band wireless router with 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz using the N standard. I am purchasing a laptop soon. What kind of wireless card will I need to access the the 5.0ghz frequencies? Do I need to have a dual band wireless card or will just a N standard wireless card suffice to see the 5.0 ghz? My work laptop with a "G" wireless card recognizes the 2.4ghz band only, which makes sense.

Relevancy 43.43%

I am using a Westell 6100 DSL router for internet connection, but it is not wireless. So i run a Netgear WGR614 v4 behind it to enable wireless networking throughout my home. Just getting this to work took me 2 hours last night with Bellsouth and Netgear to get it configured for internet access. I was finally told to run the netgear router as a LAN ip(?). I don't exactly understand ho it works, but it seems to be doing the job.

Now the problem lies in trying to forward a couple of ports through both routers. I have already tried the (overly technical) explanation on portforward.com (http://portforward.com/help/doublero...forwarding.htm) , but that is a bit more than I can understand.

Can anyone help with this?? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

A:Need help forwarding ports on dual router config

Configure the Netgear as a switch and wireless access point per JohnWill's oft-posted method. That way you have only one NAT layer to worry about port forwarding. The following is a copy of that posting; your Netgear is the secondary.

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-forwarding-ports-on-dual-router-config.506494/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have 2 wireless PCs and a BlackBerry that connect to my dlink router. I am finding that my BlackBerry is constantly getting kicked off the network, and I always have to reconnect before I can use the internet. (It still says that it's connected though) I was told that a dual channel router would fix this.

So my question is, will 3 devices work without a problem on a dual channel router? Or is my BlackBerry still going to be "booted off"?

Thanks

Relevancy 43.43%

i bought a tp-link WA701ND and a netgear WGR614. i wish to pick up signal using 701 and then let 614 repeat it. no more tech support coz im already broke. i need help setting it up. thanks guys.

A:dual repeaters accessing a single router

i wish to pick up signal using 701Click to expand...

What signal?

and then let 614 repeat itClick to expand...

Does the Netgear WGR614 support Repeater (or Range Extender) mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-repeaters-accessing-a-single-router.1046260/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi Guys Newbie here hello to everyone I have an HP Pavilion g laptop that has a Ralink b g n wifi adapter I have a Netgear dual band router with different SSID s for n and g bands Problem is my laptop connects to g without any problem but does not see the n dual not band connecting laptop Solved: 802.11n to router band Laptop will see and connect to the n band if I connect a Netgear usb wifi adapter but I don t want to do that if possible I checked my b g n adapter on device manager and all is Solved: 802.11n laptop not connecting to dual band router ok Any ideas Thanks in advance Log info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU B GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard F Antivirus Bitdefender Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

is it possible to install vista on my primary hard disk and format a secondary to accept windows XP professional to my secondary drive?

i hope you guys can answer my question..:)

many thanks

Deltaglaze

Relevancy 42.57%

I was a bit of a loss and maybe it's because I have network router dual with security configuration Interal been out of the game for a long time but I came across a disturbing development I call century link because my router was not connecting at Interal network security with dual router configuration the proper speed of mbps That problem was easily remedied over the phone but the lady said she could see several devices connected This lost me a bit because I have a double router configuration The Actiontech PK i turned into nothing more that an internet modem I disabled the DHCP and configured my Linksys E for all the internal DHCP so there is only one cable going to the PK I should technically speaking look like one user on there network with natural protection from the second router I may be kidding myself or man I'm getting old but if someone can tell me how that works it would be fun to know and what would even be funner to know is how to stop it

A:Interal network security with dual router configuration

Erm. Could you clarify what exactly you want? Your message is very... convoluted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/233266-interal-network-security-dual-router-configuration.html
Relevancy 42.57%

My neighbor has the following setup a Com US Robotics Cable Modem Linksys modem/dual setup? router/cable PC CMX RCN is the ISP provider a Linksys WRT Gv wireless a Gateway Win SE apparent IP address an HP Win XP Home SP Ethernet Adapter Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet IP Address and are hooked up in the basement and is upstairs When running the the installation CD for the Linksys router in the procedure gets to Step Check the Router s Status with the following Linksys router/cable modem/dual PC setup? message Unable to connect to the Router Check that the Router has been connected to the PC or reset the Router to factory default settings by pressing the Router s Reset button for seconds Ok Multiple Router resets Linksys router/cable modem/dual PC setup? and reboots Cable Router RC only a few times got a non-blinking Router but the installation procedure never gets past this step and message The Gateway PC is able to access the Internet I understand this is not the best Linksys router but what can be done to get the router WinXP to connect How a procedure please Tia -- Tom nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I have a ATT/Uverse Gateway (router) and want to switch it with a better dual or 3 band router. Are all routers the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/att-uverse-router-compatible-w-dual-band-or-extenders.1156783/
Relevancy 42.14%

The Linksys EA4500 Dual-Band N900 Router is really high tech.Because of this, will there be any compatibility issues with wireless devices that try to connect with it? Like laptops, ios systems, gaming systems, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-ea4500-dual-band-n900-router-compatibility.1058312/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a setup with two Comcast modems, to acommodate both Internet and telephone service. The Comcast cable goes into a signal splitter. Then one cable goes into a larger modem (Arris Model TM502G), which has 8 lights (power/ds/us/online/link/telephone 1/telephone 2/battery). There is an available, currently-unused ethernet connection on the back. The other cable line goes to a smaller modem (Cisco DPC3000) which has 5 lights (a blinking link/online/us/de/power). An ethernet connection in the back goes to my computer, providing Internet service.

I purchased a Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Gigayte Router (WNDR 3700). Can anyone explain to me how I can hook it up with this setup?

Thanks.

A:Connecting Netgear wireless router to dual comcast modems

The ethernet cable from the Cisco DPC3000 (which is currently going to your PC), connect from the Cisco into the WAN port of the Router. You then connect a cable from the Router/switch (ie: LAN port) to your PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-netgear-wireless-router-to-dual-comcast-modems.998864/
Relevancy 41.71%

So my girlfriend and I just inherited her dad's Netgear WNDR3700v3. They said the power switch on their surge protector got cycled one day and suddenly the router stopped broadcasting its SSID. After swapping out the router they still had various wireless connectivity / general internet issues, so they got their ISP out and found that specific issue was on their side... I'm not really network savi, for whatever reason, but I know that SSID broadcasting has to be on and the Wireless Radio has to be on. Both boxes are checked for both bands in the router setup and the indicator light is solid-on on the front panel of the router, yet I still can not detect the signal on our phones. What's really strange is that after putting a hardline from the router to my computer I can connect via my computer's WiFi... What could it be?

Thanks in advance.

A:NETGEAR Dual Band Wireless Router Not Broadcasting SSID (Yes! The box is checked!)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-dual-band-wireless-router-not-broadcasting-ssid-yes-the-box-is-checked.1105589/
Relevancy 41.28%

Download speeds per slow on speeds extremely WAN Comcast router using Dual FVS336G Upload Netgear speedtest net and speakeasy are about mbps When the speed test gets to the upload part it usually hangs or takes a long time before giving me Upload speeds extremely slow using Netgear FVS336G Dual WAN router on Comcast a result of about mbps Basically it s so slow it sometimes just gives up and times out This translates into a real shoddy internet experience because something as simple as choosing airline tickets requires your computer to quot upload quot your choices And of course if that doesn t happen within a certain amount of time Timeout I have tested the connection without my Netgear FVS G Dual WAN router in the way and it is much better so I m certain it s the router When I tell the router to use WAN which Upload speeds extremely slow using Netgear FVS336G Dual WAN router on Comcast is where my AT amp Upload speeds extremely slow using Netgear FVS336G Dual WAN router on Comcast T DSL connection is on the upload works just fine about mbps - I m provisioned at kbps so it s fine Also this is the case on ALL computers on the network - wired wireless PC Mac iPhone iPad you name it So it s definitely not device specific This is for a client I do work for all the time expects great service and pays me well to have it so Any help would be great nbsp

A:Upload speeds extremely slow using Netgear FVS336G Dual WAN router on Comcast

It sounds like you narrowed it down to either the router and Comcast are not working well together or else a problem with one of the router's WAN ports. Can you switch which ports are connected to Comcast and AT&T to farther isolate it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upload-speeds-extremely-slow-using-netgear-fvs336g-dual-wan-router-on-comcast.998270/
Relevancy 41.28%

I recently bought a new router, the TP-LINK Archer C5 AC1200 Dualband Gigabit Router. I have been having many issues with it. When I set it up, it runs incredibly slowly for the first hour but when it is up and running it is perfect. The issue is, it doesn't stay like this for more than an hour at most.

If I try to connect to Playstation Network, Xbox Live, or the Final Fantasy XIV data centers, it refuses to connect. Same happens when I try to access random websites such as Imgur, Chemical and Engineering News at the American Chemical Society, or Netflix. My other router has zero issues with this, but has continuous DNS errors that make using it near impossible unless there are only one or two devices connected at any one point.

Could someone please help?

A:Routing issues with TP-Link Archer C5 AC1200 Dual-Band Gigabit Router

you may have a faulty new router
OR
you may have a DNS issue thats showing differently on both

can we see a ipconfig /all from a PC please
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-issues-with-tp-link-archer-c5-ac1200-dual-band-gigabit-router.1151563/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello, I bought a new Cisco Linksys E2500, Advanced Dual-Band N Router. I am going to convert from wired ports around the house to wireless. And received a new tablet and I must go wireless now. I have not set up the new tablet as yet. The new router has a 5Ghz band and 2.4 GHz band. I gave each band it's own user name and password. However, my wireless signal can only bring up the 2.4GHz. I called Linksys and they said the 5GHz was for heavy gaming and the 2.4 was for every day wireless use. I am not a gamer. Would there be a reason to keep this split type of gigahertz? I have tried to connect to the 5GHz band but it automatically defaults to the 2.4 band. Is the speed slower on the 2.4GHz band? Thank you!

A:Cisco Linksys E2500, Advanced Dual-Band N Router (2.4GHz only works)

Hi Aurora,

It all depends on the receiver each device has. Some devices have 2.4GHz and some have 5GHz.

For example, my phone can pick up 5GHz, whilst my PC can only pick up 2.4GHz.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/271512-cisco-linksys-e2500-advanced-dual-band-n-router-2-4ghz-only-works.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey gang built my daughter a system for Xmas which is not going to be I guess but close I built a dual-hard drive system one for the kids and one for her to do graphics work I installed a spinner sata with Win questions.. Dual OS boot hard Dual drive Dual for kids and an SSD with Win for her installed first Dual boot Dual hard drive Dual OS questions.. and then and things were fine Win would give me a nice screen asking me which OS I wanted to boot to but then the spinner started blue screening and grinding so I changed the hd and of course it screwed my boot up and I don't know alot about mbr's and that kind of thing but downloaded EasyBCD and was able to fumble my way through it Dual boot Dual hard drive Dual OS questions.. to luckily get Win back but here's my problem When I shut down in Win everything is fine as when I start it up I get a bios like screen asking me which OS I want to boot to but when I shut down in Win it automatically boots back to Win without asking I have to restart to get to the OS choice screen I don't want to go messing around much further here without some direction as googling my way around miraculously saved me the first time but this problem is a little too convoluted to try and research on my own Any suggestions greatly appreciated merry xmas all

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560955/dual-boot-dual-hard-drive-dual-os-questions/
Relevancy 38.7%

Will I damage the RF output circuit of a dual band wi-fi router if I attach an antenna that is only designed for the 2.4 gHz? band?

Relevancy 37.84%

N600 Wireless Dual Band Router WNDR3400.

I am trying to get a signal out in my garage at the opposite end of my router location. I am getting 1 bar and "poor" signal. I downloaded inSSIDer to analyse my signal and I notice that my "Wireless Network (5GHz a/n)" is not broadcasting anything. The checkbox for "Enable SSID Broadcast" is checked.

I have very limited knowledge of this stuff but it seems to me that if it is a dual band that I should be seeing 2 different signals, right?

All I see is this: Wireless Network (2.4GHz b/g/n)

I have attached screenshot of my settings

Can someone help me out with this? Thanks, Joe

Relevancy 37.84%

My Billion BiPAC VDOX Dual Band Wireless VoIP ADSL Router has two bands nbsp GHz and GHz nbsp and is wirelessly connected to my laptop OMEN by HP Laptop PC nbsp -w tx nbsp It always shows as connected via GHz band only nbsp nbsp My laptop also shows GHz band only in the list of available networks nbsp GH does not show up in the list of available networks nbsp It is not so in in band only one my laptop shows ava... a router, dual For band my other laptop which is also connected to the same router and that laptop shows both the nbsp bands in the list of available networks nbsp Thus I can choose to connect to any of the nbsp two bands as per my choice nbsp I have tested the router and it is working perfectly there is nothing wrong with it I wonder what can possibly be wrong in my OMEN laptop that it does not show both the bands which it should At times when I click to open the nbsp list of available networks GHz may appear momentarily only and then disappears thus I can not choose it for connection nbsp I would appreciate any help to resolve this issue so that my OMEN laptop shows both the bands in the list For a dual band router, my laptop shows one band only in ava... of available networks so as to choose either one for connection

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/For-a-dual-band-router-my-laptop-shows-one-band-only-in/td-p/5756416
Relevancy 37.41%

When I go to start half of what is supposed to be there isnt there I can't launch the Task Manager or Run unless I hit Win R Ads about virus removal keep popping up It Bad situation sucks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at VIRUS ALERT on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running Bad situation processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler scheduler proxy exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPOSDSVC exe Bad situation C Program Files Lenovo NPDIRECT TPFNF SP exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C WINDOWS system TpShocks exe C Program Files Lenovo Zoom TpScrex exe C PROGRA THINKV PrdCtr LPMGR exe C PROGRA THINKV PrdCtr LPMLCHK exe C Program Files Lenovo AwayTask AwaySch EXE C WINDOWS system NWTRAY EXE C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system iprntctl exe C WINDOWS system iprntlgn exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Antidote Gestionnaire Antidote exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files SMART Technologies Inc SMART Board Software SMARTBoardTools exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files SMART Technologies Inc SMART Board Software Aware exe C Program Files SMART Technologies Inc SMART Board Software Marker exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C WINDOWS system IPSSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Program Files SMART Technologies Inc SMART Board Software SMARTBoardService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exe C WINDOWS System TPHDEXLG exe C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exe C WINDOWS system nipalsm exe c program files lenovo system update suservice exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http softwarereferral com jump php MjI Ojg amp lid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader L... Read more

A:Bad situation

Quote:

Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.

If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the HJT forum and wait for help.

Hello and welcome to the forums

My name is Katana and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

Please observe these rules while we work:
1. If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
2. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
3. Please continue to respond until I give you the "All Clear"
(Just because you can't see a problem doesn't mean it isn't there)

If you can do those three things, everything should go smoothly :D

Please Note, your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use.
Be assured, any links I give are safe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I apologize for the delay in responding, but as you can probably see the forums are quite busy.
Unfortunately there are far more people needing help than there are helpers.

If you still require help please post a fresh HJT log along with the following
Installed Programs

Please could you give me a list of the programs that are installed.Start HijackThis
Click on the Misc Tools button
Click on the Open Uninstall Manager button.
You will see a list with the programs installed in your computer.
Click on save list button and specify where you would like to save this file.
When you press Save button a notepad will open with the contents of that file.
Simply copy and paste the contents of that notepad into your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/bad-situation-286182.html
Relevancy 37.41%

My brother s computer is acting very strangely I recently got my own so he can t blame me for what happened to his but for some reason his won t start properly I ve left his computer alone for over a month now and he is rarely on it His computer has a back history of virus and I ve helped to get rid of them Sasser Worm SpySherrif among others thanks to this forum But now I have no clue what has happened Basically his odd help! Need situation. Very computer will turn Need help! Very odd situation. on and so will the screen and a bunch of DOS writing is there saying quot checking memory quot and whatnot and quot preparing Intel blah-blah quot But before Windows has the chance to boot the computer just resets and the whole thing starts over I ve tried using F to boot his computer in safe mode or manually Need help! Very odd situation. but it didn t work The computer isn t loading Windows from C drive or CD I can t put up a HijackThis from his computer because it is unaccesible I know the only thing he has added to his computer since I stopped using was an iPod but that s it There s no new software he manually placed on it Please help before he has to shell out bucks to a computer guy like he did only months ago Please respond ASAP if possible Big thanks nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

My computer is acting up. I'am sure it's some type of virus, I just don't know how to deal with it. It won't let me use system restore or open any maleware sites. Everytime I try to run my antivirus programs it crashes. Could sure use some help. I'am using xp.

A:Sad Situation

Can someone tell me how to get this thing off my computer . I would appreiciate it. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sad-situation.818816/
Relevancy 37.41%

Yesterday I encountered a problem with a Carbonite Odd situation install and then couldn't get Carbonite to uninstall Click on the program prompted Odd situation to continue and blow off all data I said yes and then the program and features screen just sat there with Carbonite still highlighted The first level of support couldn't get Carbonite to uninstall either I didn't continue with them thinking I'd cut my losses and restore an image from the day before on the following day today I didn t use the machine until this a m When I clicked the screen the background was black the default Lenovo background had been replaced Firefox was slow both screen loading and cursor movement OneDrive and iCloud services were running but Odd situation not syncing The internet router light was not indicating traffic Explorer took a huge amount of time to scan the drive and the status bar never completed I booted Apparently Win had received a MS update last night since same installed during shutdown and during Win loading Note the update activation was after the mentioned machine problems After boot the problems remained I then tried to roll back to a restore point of day prior to the Carbonite mess The restore failed with a CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED MS automatic repair didn t work and loaded Odd situation diagnosing which didn t resolve the problem I accepted the option to load as is Although I should have saved any crash dumps assuming there were any since the machine never actually crashed to an external file I knew that ultimately I could restore an image and was just focused on getting the machine back on its feet I then restored a Macrium Reflect image of the machine of and synced my data files with OneDrive Is it possible that this system problem was not a function of Carbonite trying to uninstall or what Carbonite did during an install but related to the MS update Does the update actually do a chunk of installing before you see it doing so on closing down and reloading Windows Mark

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/50060-odd-situation.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I hope I'm posting this On-going DEP situation in the correct area I'm not sure where exactly this belongs Explaining my problem is sort of a long story so I'm including what I think is most relivant Back in May my dell xp finally ceased to live and I purchased a new gateway hard drive Everything worked amazingly for a while until suddenly I was bombarded with a term I am now way too familiar with quot Data Execution Prevention quot Being fairly computer savy I have tried for On-going DEP situation months to fix DEP ruining my life but have finally realized I need some help I'm a college freshman majoring in graphic design so you will find detailed explanations in the screenshots I have attached See Attachments -- Never mind can't even add attachments without getting that message I'll post the links instead Screenshot http www flickr com photos meganebrown Screenshot http www flickr com photos meganebrown Screenshot http www flickr com photos meganebrown I have followed the instructions given exactly dozens of times but I still can't solve the problem Can someone please help me out I can't even check my college e-mail which I have to be able to access several times a day

A:On-going DEP situation

Sorry for the double post, but I Windows just installed an update on my computer and it made me have a "duh" moment. I forget to mention for the first few weeks I had my new PC, everything was fine. The DEP thing didn't start until after Windows installed some recommended upgrades.

Don't know if that's important, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/on-going-dep-situation-417115.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Mod Edit Split from http www bleepingcomputer com forums t vss-problem - Hamluis You can try running this http www majorgeeks com files details tweaking com repair volume shadow copy service html Hello cryptodan thank very much you for the link and your valuable Situation VSS time in support Resurrecting a old topic with the same type of non-working VSS Running W Home on Asus N Installed your provided app from link Tried saving a CP gt Restore Point didn't work VSS Error x rebooted tried again didn't works Services gt VSS Started Auto Services gt WIA Started Auto And I've checked every Service to see if any had a dependency of VSS and None I found did Tried the other script and it didn't work Tried Repair with W Home on usb Did that with CP gt Bkup Restore make repair disc It ran it's thing and Rebooted to W and Tried to do CP gt Create a Image gt VSS Error x Checked CCleaner and Tools and Restore Points and nothing there Rebootd for the practice lol and tried all again Macrium Reflect said Failed to create a Volume Snapshot Drive C Error x I don't care to VSS Situation do is to update to W I'd have to than do a Reparation my new HD and try to Use W and hopeful to dual boot with W and W Because I don't VSS Situation want to leave W with everything working great except the VSS Anyone can VSS Situation fix VSS or have any other support Oh Yea thanks for providing the excellent forum

A:VSS Situation

- The program you used to repair VSS is outdated. There's a new version available.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/
It also contains a repair for VSS.

Follow the instructions provided. Disable internet & antivirus and run the program.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600474/vss-situation/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi all My computer is running Vista Home Premium as the main OS but is currently configured to Dual boot Vista along with Windows Home Premium I was giving Win a try and installed it on a separate GB drive Well I liked Win about a million times more than Vista duh so I purchased a copy of Win Ultimate My configuration is Vista on the Primary disk with Windows Home Premium on the second disk I would like to install my copy of Win Ultimate on the disk that now has Vista on it but I would like to keep and be able to dual boot with the installed version of Win HOME Premium where it is to use while I set up Win ULTIMATE the way I want it on Win-Win situation A the primary drive Confused yet A Win-Win situation Basically what I would like to end up with is a dual boot with Win Ultimate on my primary drive and Win Home premium on the second drive where it is now Is this possible and if so how would I go about it I currently use Vista s boot manager I assume ultimate would be able to perform this also BTW both copies are licensed and legit of course Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-win-win-situation.915859/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hey guyz.....i have a 128mb"sdram" in my pc, and a 256drr in my pc , why does it only detect my 256 ? my motherboard does support both models sdram , DRram .

any suggestions will be EXCELLENT

Thnx Bruce.

A:RAM situation

Because you can only run 1 type at a time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-situation.38327/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi My computer xp just quit last week We took it to a shop here in town Don't this about what know do situation to there aren't any others and this is a new one Well the Don't know what to do about this situation guy said it was the motherboard Gonna fix that Then he tells us the new motherboard won't fit in our tower some sort of strange configuration or something So he puts on a new cover or tower case on I hope my original inside parts This cover is older beaten up a bit and has a large gaming sticker on one side Oh well But then he said he couldn't get my xp to work without some sort of code So he installed Windows My files were still there Don't know what to do about this situation but in a different place Don't know what to do about this situation in my computer Everything is working ok I guess But now Windows wants activation and I don't have a key Did he put in an illegal or un-genuine copy of on my computer Should I buy Windows and try a re-install I found my XP recovery disk should I uninstall and try to re-install XP Or just give up and buy a new computer when I can This is about or so years old so its about time anyway And since the Windows software is just a little under the price of a new desktop it makes sense What would you do Confront the repair shop They seemed a little shady but once they had my computer in another room for three days I couldn't do much about it at the time Thanks Carol

A:Don't know what to do about this situation

How easily are you aggravated? How much money do you have invested at the repair shop?

If not easily aggravated, I'd ask the repair shop about the Windows 7 key. They certainly should give you one. But it may be an illegal copy.

Did you look inside the case to see if you still have your original parts??

If the shop simply refuses to help you, you are in for more aggravation. If it's a relatively small amount of money, I'd ask once for help. If I was rebuffed I would move on. I would not deal with the aggravation. Unless you are prepared to escalate the case legally, you may be out of luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/160806-dont-know-what-do-about-situation.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello I just registered here.Now I am pretty sure I have the Anti Spy Storm virus on my computer but there's no way for me to get rid of it!Can someone help me please?I cannot use my task manager, or see what is in my task bar, or do anything with the desktop image, and to add more insult to injury I constantly get that blue screen.It's so very bad that I have to post this on my other computer.Can someone help me please? I have windows xp, and the error in the message is 0x0000008e I believe..I've seen it about 50 times now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-bad-situation.724542/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi

I am using Windows 7 Home. I've got some folders / files under a login that I want to set permission on them, so that they can be only read and copy, but not edited/modified/changed/deleted under that login or administrator password is needed.

I've got two logins. Admin and "user". I've been working and creating everything under the "user" account, as a result, the "owner" of the files/folders ( or "object") should be the "user". Do I have to change the "owner" of the "object" to Admin?
How to?

Any better solutions? Thank you!

A:Please help with my situation

Kenny1999, welcome to the windows 7 forum.

Setting the permissions to read and copy really won't stop someone from copying the file and putting it someplace else, then editing it as they wish on another machine.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/256763-please-help-my-situation.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I My Situation have a DSL connection and a Gateway Wire HomePortal Modem When I first had this set-up the connection worked fine and I was able to access the modem's homepage and configure it About one month ago I could My Situation no longer acces the modem's homepage by any means Whether I entered the gateway ip address into the address bar or the home page address http gateway wire net it would tell me that quot The page connot be displayed quot I called their tech support and said that was probably spyware or a hijacker I have owned SpySweeper for more than a year upgrade it as soon as it is available but it is finding nothing related to the hijacking because the problem prosists even if it does find something on my computer I have decided that this is most likely due to a hijacking I have provided a HJT log in order to be reviewed by one of your experts I run XP Home with SP and XP Firewall Please help me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Webroot Washer wwDisp exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exeC PROGRA ALURIA Aluria Anti-Spam Universal popproxy exeC PROGRA ALURIA AL ADS EXEC Program Files Common Files Command Software dvpapi exeC PROGRA ALURIA AluriaMsgSrv exeC PROGRA ALURIA Aluria Anti-Spam Universal sc daemon exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exeC WINDOWS system wwSecure exeD HJT HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http yahoo sbc com dslR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dslR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http yahoo sbc com dslR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dslO - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run YBrowser C PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exeO - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe quot startintrayO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run Window Washer C Program Files Webroot Washer wwDisp exeO - Extra context menu item amp AIM Search - res C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll aimsearch htmO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache htmlO - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar htmlO - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans htmlO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - ... Read more

A:My Situation

Sorry for the delay. If you are still having problems, please post a brand new HJT logs as reply to this post. Before you post this reply, I ask that you follow the instructions found in this topic first:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/35859/my-situation/
Relevancy 37.41%

My laptop is badly infected with viruses and malwares after Situation Bad Very accidentally clicking on one of the exe file in which I borrowed from my friend I have considered reformating as my alternative option to solve all these issues Very Bad Situation which has been quite problematic and troublesome but I believe if there is fixes for these then I would appreciate and will be glad to listen Here s the problems I cannot run Hijackthis log It says problem accessing the host file and before I can actually read finish the system restarted itself There is visible of program exe and start menu exe on my program files from my start menu As much as I try to delete it the next restart all these menace will appear again When I enter the search term desktop exe in google the system automatically restarts I try to install Kaspersky antivirus but during half of the process the system restarts I tried installing cbbleepingregistrybooster from bleepingcomputer com but the system restarts before the installation reaches When I try to open a folder example My Received Files there would be My Received Files exe inside My Received Files folder I notice the present of lsass exe and Services exe under my Username on task manager Please advise me on what to do

A:Very Bad Situation

Try following this and if you cannot run a DDS scan, post back. I have 2 other optionsPlease read the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log". If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next. In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running DDS which will create a Pseudo HJT Report as part of its log.When you have done that, post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the HJT Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day. Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. An expert will analyze your log and reply with instructions advising you what to fix. After doing this, we would appreciate if you post a link to your log back here so we know that your getting help from the HJT Team.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/225904/very-bad-situation/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi guys I this situation help Need here. with m BandPod and I ve just registered today since I figured it s time that I get some help with these pesky computer problems Plus I desperately needed help a little while back and I just happened to have stumbled upon your chat room Need help with this situation here. A little talk and they all gave me wonderful suggestions So I can guess how reliable the community is Well now to the topic A few days ago Windows Installer started to be quot unaccessible quot By unaccessible I mean won t let me install any programs The full Error are as follows quot The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed Contact your support personnel for assistance quot Condition at that time NOT running in Safe ModeNo anti-virus openDownloaded the program fully not corrupted or anythingTrusted download siteThings I triedDownloaded and reinstalled Windows Installer But still no dice Checked if Windows Installer Service is Enabled And yes it was System Restore Tried it didn t work said I can t go back and Tried it in safe mode Same thing After this ineffectiveness I disabled System Restore After a lot of googling I turned for help Went to the chat room got some pretty nice suggestions And one was it might be caused by malware so now I m posting this to see if I can get more opinions and at the same time I m scanning my computer for viruses I use Avast and later I ll scan my computer using Malwarebytes I ll post my logs soon There s also the possibility of a Registry error which I hope would not be the case cause I don t want to be touchin that values XD I think I may have messed up my settings a while back I don t really remember And if it means anything I use a P P program so I think it s perfectly justifiable where I got it if it s a virus Please help I can t continue working on my PSP with this nasty virus situation Thank you very much for any suggestions

A:Need help with this situation here.

Download the following:Malwarebytes Anti-MalwarePlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.Do not run a sca... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346839/need-help-with-this-situation-here/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello I am dual-booting Ubuntu and Windows I was motly on Ubuntu for the past few months and was only using Windows for specific software So a few days ago i decided to boot to Win to do some converting of some videos and when it started bad really situation a In up i see the meter showing CPU my antivirus program crashed antispyware crashed java crashed adobe update crashed etc etc I opened up Task Manager and it shows the CPU Usage is and Memory used is GB I went to the Processes tab and i couldn't see any process to cause such high CPU usage or memory Went on quot msconfig quot to see if i have some junk starting upon startup but no everything seems to be fine I just find it weird how by not using the OS at all the second time i boot it's all broken Oh In a really bad situation and i forgot to mention some software stopped working I In a really bad situation really do hope no installation is needed because i don't feel like doing it I just want to fix it

A:In a really bad situation

Go back to an old restore point. Maybe error check the drive. Scan for viruses.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/in-a-really-bad-situation-598328.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi all Interesting puzzle for you all The set up is a Packard Bell RW Situation DVD CD & RW PC x GB HDD RAM gHz with x DVD-RW amp x CD-RW driives Here s the tricky bit I installed them both DVD-RW as Primary and CD-RW as Secondary and found that the DVD-RW drive will read CDs and install programs etc but the CD-RW will not I CD RW & DVD RW Situation thought this may mean there is something wrong with the CD-RW but on switching the two drives over I have found that now the DVD-RW will not play CDs and the CD-RW will install and play Both seem to be able to cope with Music CDs though any thoughts Secondly I installed Worms as a test to see if the PC would take kindly to games The game requires x CD-ROM and MB hardly taxing however the game installed fineley but as soon as you want to play the game as in get past all of the menus and select your teams etc the screen goes black and the CPU usage and performance shoots up to and stays there This is hardly normal behaviour for this machine Any ideas I m stuck Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rw-dvd-rw-situation.481039/
Relevancy 37.41%

i was using some disks including my os disks (leaked 7 rtm and vista) and i have accidentally smashed my disk by falling on it, it wasn't on my system and my rtm has 106 days left, what should i do because i think im toast

A:really really bad situation

Quote: Originally Posted by JackStoreySH

i was using some disks including my os disks (leaked 7 rtm and vista) and i have accidentally smashed my disk by falling on it, it wasn't on my system and my rtm has 106 days left, what should i do because i think im toast

JS

You're saying that your system is ok but your install disks are toast? or that your system is hosed and you dont have install disks?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/20837-really-really-bad-situation.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I just had a really bad virus removed from my computer, after I brought it home and hooked it back up, I can't get onto the net. I looked in network connections and it says LOCAL AREA CONNECTION: CONNECTED, FIREWALLED So does that mean my firewall isn't allowing me to get online? and how do I fix this. Have been without my computer since last Friday and am going nuts here

A:situation!!!

No, that does not mean that your firewall is stopping you. That is a normal status message that tells you that the firewall is active, which is normal.

Do you have XP? Check your network properties, TCP/IP properties. Is it the same as before?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/situation.843875/
Relevancy 37.41%

This morning when I got to my computer, the background had been changed to a porn pic. The pic file was saved to my desktop, most of my desktop icons where deleted, in the recycling bin, and the programs that were open where closed. I was able to change the backgrounds back and delete the files.
I ran a virus scan, malwarebytes, and another online scan tool. Everything came up clean. I am not surprised as I don't do anything risky with this computer, no porn or random downloads, etc.
The computer is physically secure, as it is in a home office.
Any ideas? Any additional information I can provide to help?

A:Odd situation...

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting promp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582488/odd-situation/
Relevancy 37.41%

I've been having problems with some games that are driving me nuts. Some of my games freeze after a short period. I have an ATI x1650 pro PCI-E with the latest drivers. I read somewhere that there are issues with some ATI cards and widescreen monitors with a resolution of 1440x900, which is what mine is set at. I'm using Vista, and all the games are supposed to be compatible with it.

A:ATI situation

I am having the same problem. I have a Sapphire x1650 pro 512mb and I get the same thing. I can play for 10-15 mins but then it freezes and I have to reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ati-situation.611036/
Relevancy 37.41%

OK here is the situation:
- to comps linked directly together(crossover cable)
- one has a dialup connection
- the other is sharing that connection

this network worked fine. couple days ago i enabled the lan connection to use the dialup connection from the other computer. it connected and i can see the dialup connection working. the problem is that when i opened internet explorer it cannot open anything(no internet). here is the interesting thing - i have limewire and i can connect and download stuff but the internet does not work on internet explorer.

A:very odd situation

Give Firefox whirl and see how that performs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-odd-situation.26045/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello I am dual-booting really bad a In situation Ubuntu and Windows I was motly on Ubuntu for the past few months and was only In a really bad situation using Windows for specific software So a few days ago i decided to boot to Win to do some converting of some videos and when it started up i see the meter showing CPU my antivirus program crashed antispyware crashed java crashed adobe update crashed etc etc I opened up Task Manager and it shows the CPU Usage is and Memory used is GB I went to the Processes tab and i couldn t see any process to cause such high CPU usage or memory Went on quot msconfig quot to see if i have some junk starting upon startup but no everything seems to be fine I just find it weird how by not using the OS at all the second time i boot it s all broken Oh and i In a really bad situation forgot to mention some software stopped working I really do hope no installation is needed because i don t feel like doing it I just want to fix it nbsp

A:In a really bad situation

You may be able to get more help using more descript titles like Programs keep crashing at bootup instead of In a really bad situation which doesnt describe your problem.Wish I could be of more help but my 2 isn't enough to buy a penny gumball.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/in-a-really-bad-situation.1015811/
Relevancy 36.98%

Mod Edit:  Split from  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543923/malwarebytes-reports-it-blocked-fixraycom/#entry3447346 - Hamluis.

I am getting a popup message from Malwarebytes (which is installed on my Vista pc) that reports "fixray.com" is being blocked.  This seems to happen (only sometimes) when I open Windows mail.  I have run a full scan using MWB and it does not find anything.  A search of their website and Norton does not give any results.  How can I fix this please?

It seems I have the same issue with the attempted outgoing fixray.com being blocked by my Malwarebytes every time I
start up or wake up. My MWB also did not find anything. Saw this today, thought I would look into it when I get home this evening.Removed spammy link - Hamluis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544340/fixraycom-situation/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hoping for a rescue. Internet redirects, basically usable. Using another clean computer, with infected near by. Unable to run defogger, gmer.exe, or TDSS, so I have no logs to offer. All encountered problem and must close. Have been transfering files via flash, and running on infected, in safe mode. Have tried many programs with no luck. AutoCad also much slower. Any assistance would be truly appreciated.Best,ClayIs there more information that I need to add. This is the first time I've had to ask for help from such a high level. I'm still having little luck, but open to all suggestions!BestEDIT: Please be patient. There are over 290 unanswered topics in this forum at present and the current average wait time to receive help is 8 days. ~Budapest

A:Difficult Situation

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/395746/difficult-situation/
Relevancy 36.98%

Simply put, I formatted the noob way by using the xp (home) disc, this reinstalled xp and as far as I knew wiped my HD. However, when going into properties of my computer--> HD I had only 35% of HD space left (my orignal value, i.e. not wiping HD).

My computer is manufactured by Dell giving insight into the bios for those familiar. I want to completely format the drive wiping clean the whole system, and preferably without any outside program i.e. partition magic or whatever. I want to keep it nice and simple..

I have tried /fdisc through command prompt but to no avail, I now call upon you experienced few to help in my dilema, through clear, step by step procedures if your willing to really help me in this frustrating situation. Thanks.

Relevancy 36.98%

The other day my wife tried to turn on our computer It s running XP and while it was booting up we would get to the screen where it says Windows XP with the little time bar moving across the bottom of the screen Then the computer would shut down and restart This is the sequence that would go on for hours until I shut it off I could never get to the desktop Recovery situation to try anything else Soooooo I hit the F key during startup and went into recovery mode I chose to recover saving files NOT THE DESTRUCT VERSION I did this once before Anyway did the recover which it said I d need MB of disk space to save the old files Everything worked but once up and running it was like the day I brought it home My question Where s my file my family pictures etc Are they gone If they are I ll be pi ed off Please someone tell me there still in the computer somewhere nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

So I ve ran into a problem where I want to get a Cat ethernet connection up to my kitchen My current situation is that we have a regular phone jack with the proper cableing for a Cat e connection as well as a coax cable connection for the TV Those are the only wired connections I have in the walls currently I don t want to have to bridge any wireless signals so I can keep the speed up The problem with using the wireing Wireing Situation from the phone line is that we still need the phone to work there I was thinking if there was a way to just wire a cable for Cat speeds and have the wireing for the phone jack too But I mainly want to know if there are any types of wired bridges where I can make the most use of the Cat e cableing I already have Or if there is another modem like device that could take advantage of the coax cable I have there too Any probabilities would be appreciated but I m trying to keep everything cost effective Thanks nbsp

A:Wireing Situation

How is your existing Cat5e cabling wired? Are the jacks RJ45 or RJ11? Where are the other ends of the cables terminated?

A wired bridge which combines POTS/PSTN phone lines and Ethernet does not exist as they are incompatible with each other.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireing-situation.1096223/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello I have a friend who had updated from ME to XP a while back and as a result there are now two drives C and D The default drive is and situation Solved: D: C: now the D but the problem is that Solved: D: and C: situation the drive has only so much designated space i don t remember exactly but less than gigs After a while it eventually started filling up with her files and now its almost full with less Solved: D: and C: situation than mb s of space left so therefore there is always a warning telling her that the drive is almost full Solved: D: and C: situation etc My question is that since the system files Windows folder are in the D along with other files what is the best way to transfer those files into the C Could it be as simple as Cut Paste Or is there a procedure to follow When I looked into the C there were system files in it too so I am not sure if I should replace those files with the files from the D because her system is the D Hope that makes sense I have never come across that kind of situation so any advice would be greatly appreciated ps FYI the D was labelled as something like SYSTEM SAV or something like that so I assume that its a backup file nbsp

A:Solved: D: and C: situation

You cannot just "cut and paste" as every reference in the registry would be wrong (pothentially hundreds or more such entries).

A reinstall taking care which disck is selected would be the better way.

How old is the PC? If a few years (which it would be with ME) then consider that the hard drive is probably about at its use-by date anyway, they are cheap and fitting a new one, reinstalling to it, refitting the old one as a slave drive to copy all the data over as needed may be a better option?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-d-and-c-situation.458640/
Relevancy 36.98%

About a month ago, I noticed that when I opened a new window on my HP computer, I was not able to close, minimize, move or maximize that window. The only way to close it was to use windows task manager. I noticed a week or so later when on a trip that I was unable to locate the wireless network at the hotel, although I could find it on my wife's computer. When I have tried to restore the system to an earlier restore point (within a few days of noticing the window problem), I got a message that there were no changes from that earlier point. Any ideas?

A:bizarre situation

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then post them in a reply to this topic by using the Add Reply button.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the post and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the reply and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Please note that I am not a member of the Malware Removal Team and will not be assisting you in removing the infection. I'm simply helping you to post the information they need in order to assist you.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419497/bizarre-situation/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello everyone I have to say that I dont know whats wrong with my copmuter Notebook Msi wind U One month ago i started having this kind of slow sound distorted interrupted the computer goes very slow for a - seconds I checked for problems Hi,unknown situation with AVG ADaware defragmented disks cleaned my registry did a couple of those quick system fixes with easy registry reinstalled drivers updated everything My computer is working a bit better but the quot glitches quot dont stop My computer knowledge is pretty much average so im gonna post my Hijack log hopefully it helps I dont know if one of the processes might be slowing the computer down i got around going on Thank You Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Hi,unknown situation XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Hi,unknown situation Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgfws exeC Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BsMobileCS exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgam exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system imapi exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BsHelpCS exeC Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Documents and Settings Arsen Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exeC Program Files InterlinkNetworks LucidLinkClient Bin LucidLinkClient exeC Documents and Settings Arsen Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Arsen Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Arsen Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Arsen Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Arsen Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Arsen Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeE Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google hr R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Winamp Toolbar Loader - CEE EC- - bc- B - DDC AB C - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Windows Live Pomoc za prijavu - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - BHO no name - F A C - - F - - D B - no file O - Toolbar Winamp Toolbar - EBF BA - - c a- B-BB F D DE - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exeO - H... Read more

A:Hi,unknown situation

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt Will be openedExtra.txt Will be minimizedPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318390/hiunknown-situation/
Relevancy 36.98%

Im running windows XP and recently been hit with "daosearch"

I think its removed, however, my desktop has a white background and cannot be changed. When I right click on the desktop, I do not get the setting menu.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

A:Unique Situation?

I also found this info in a hijack this file:

Shell & screensaver key from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.INI:

Shell=*INI section not found*
SCRNSAVE.EXE=*INI section not found*
drivers=*INI section not found*

Shell & screensaver key from Registry:

Shell=Explorer.exe
SCRNSAVE.EXE=*Registry value not found*
drivers=*Registry value not found*

Policies Shell key:

HKCU\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry key not found*
HKLM\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*

Im not a big computer guys so any kinda help is appreciated.

Thanks again

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unique-situation-46937.html
Relevancy 36.98%

hi guys, im a new member in this forum.
i just makes a scan to clean my computer and found that i have been infected by this weird trojan Unclassified.TRozan.Z.Trozan that forbid me to right click into the desktop screen and changing the desktop wallpaper ( which the trozans already change to some advertise aniti spyware said that my computer is at risk ..and tell me to download that software) ....i have been tried to remove the trozan by microsoft antispyware but it still exist in my computer each time i reboot my pc ......please help me .....
by the way im using XP PRO , 448MB RAM ...

A:emergency situation please help me!

Hi 102588
If you haven't already, download, install, update immediately, then run AdawareSE. Make sure to customize the settings in Ad-aware for better scan results.

Then download, install, update immediately Spybot S&D.

Have each fix whatever problems they may find.

Next, run an online virus scan at TrendMicro or RAV Antivirus.
Please select the autoclean option when using Trend Micro.

Then get HijackThis . This program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Run the scan, save the log, but do not fix anything yet. Many files it finds are harmless, and required for your system to operate.

Post your log in a new thread in the HijackThis Log Help forum. This our dedicated spyware/virus forum. One of the expert analysts there will look over your log and assist you. Please include a brief description of the problem you are having and what you have done to fix it so far.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/emergency-situation-please-help-me-45967.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello folks
I have a problem moving my files (videos,pics,PDFs etc) to my new laptop, I use an external hard drive, and when I try moving the files to the new laptop I get an error message saying files cannot be located, what caused this to happen and what do you suggest I do to move my files.
Thank you for your time

Yours

Lex

Relevancy 36.98%

Hello I'm not very savy with all this malware virus trojan thing sorry My computer was recently infected Please help with malware situation with malware I was being warned about a problem with system my internet explorer wasn't responding I was being prompted to download a virus protection software offered by 'Microsoft' I had a problem with reaching the capacity on my profile and most recently I keep getting an error message that reads quot Microsoft Feed Synchronization quot has encountered a problem and needs Please help with malware situation to close I ran McAfee it reported it got rid of trojan threats but my computer is still giving me that error message I'm not sure if I still have a malware problem or if this is something else Please help I've attached the reports requested by the instructions I'm very thankful in advance for your help This forum is very helpful DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Kalet at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Please help with malware situation ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system FastNetSrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C Program Files Mcafee MWL MwlSvc exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k Please help with malware situation imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Mcafee MWL MWLGui exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files HPQ shared hpqwmi exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Kalet Application Data Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C WINDOWS system DfrgNtfs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Kalet Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie mSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com uSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com uURLSearchHooks H - No File uURLSearchHooks H - No File uURLSearchHooks H - No File mURLSearchHooks AIM Toolbar Search Class f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - c progra... Read more

A:Please help with malware situation

Hello, and Welcome to TSF.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms diminish. Lack of symptoms does not always mean the job is complete.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by me or another helper at this forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Place combofix.exe on your Desktop
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with ComboFix.

You can get help on disabling your protection programs here

How to disable McAfee:
Please open McAfee Security Centre
Under Common Tasks click on Home
Click Computer Files
Click Configure
Make sure the following are disabled by ticking the "Off" button.Virus protection
Spyware protection
System Guards Protection
Script Scanning Protection (you may have to scroll down to see it)
Next, select never for "When to re-enable real time scanning"
and click OK.
Further info on disabling and re-enabling McAfee: http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/...ernalID=222820

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed.

Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

The Windows recovery console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery mode that allows us to help you in the case that your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal.

Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement.

ComboFix will now automatically install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console onto your computer, which will show up as a new option when booting up your computer. Do not select the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console option when you start your computer unless requested to by a helper.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see a message that says:

The Recovery Console was successfully installed.

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

Ensure your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications are re-enab... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/please-help-with-malware-situation-426707.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I purchased a new ASUS motherboard from TigerDirect and also a recommended CPU. Unfortunately, they are not cooperating and so I contacted ASUS. Their troubleshooting was beneficial since I found out that the motherboard is OK but still am unable to get the computer to post. ASUS said that the problem may require a BIOS update, but I am unsure how to accomplish this since I do not have an active computer. Suggestions? NO beeps from the speaker though the fans run and there is power to the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-post-situation.839489/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a sharp computer which I am reformating. however, i used the HP Windows XP CD (which says use on hp computers only). so i installed it, and it's asking for a key and it's rejecting all my valid ones (cuz it's not an HP).... so now I can't go into windows. how do I get rid of this crap and install a fresh OS? THANKS!

A:Serious Installation Situation

First of all you need a legal version of Microsoft Windows XP Home or Pro with the COA (Certificate of Authenticity) and the following article, please print the article for reference

An Illustrated Step By Step Instruction for Doing a Clean XP Install
http://www.socrtwo.info/cleanxpinstall.htm

You will find the instructions for how to partition and format in the article and if they are not clear follow this article:

How to partition and format a hard disk in Windows XP During an Install.
http://www.directron.com/formatdrive.html#3

Here is one from Microsoft

Microsoft KB - How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310353

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-installation-situation.483260/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello all. I use my PC for audio production and I have a few external controller devices that are USB powered, for example a midi keyboard. I recently had to build PC due to a theft....long story short after building the new PC I've noticed that my USB buses have continual power to these external devices after I've powered down the PC. My old windows 7 PC did not do this. Is there a setting I can change to shut off power to the USB buses when I power off the PC? Or is this a hardware issue?

Thanks

A:USB bus power situation

My ASUS motherboards have jumpers on the motherboard to control that. Check the manual for your motherboard to see if its a bios setting or a jumper setting..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/168328-usb-bus-power-situation.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I truthfully don't know how to explain this so I'll start by saying with nothing in my dvd/cd I see this

Memory Card (0) is a usb flashdrive.
Now when I remove it, I see this

Yet still there is nothing in my dvd/cd drive.
The question is, why does it show in my DVD/CD drive when nothing is in there period!

A:Strange USB/CD/DVD situation

But the CD drive (L was removed. So was Memory Card (O

BD-ROM Drive (E says you have a bluray disk drive in your computer. Do you?

Anyway, go to Organise (top left) > Folder Options > View > Hide empty drives in the Computer folder [make sure it's ticked]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-usb-cd-dvd-situation.197090/
Relevancy 36.98%

in ignorance but always trying to learn I had win OS on TB Seagate disc wizard configured it decided after six months too much info on one hard drive too risky in case of drive errors or viruses I put the old drive back in GB I had not formatted it so plug in and use on start up the TB over rides system and tries to open as main drive it shows as disk in computer management if I unplug the sata lead the GB becomes disk how can I get the GB to control start up and become 3TB situation drive disc I have run various tools to try 3TB drive situation and open or show the system partition and then delete it disc wizard and dos and diskpart I then 3TB drive situation formatted it the drive appears to be empty but it shows as TB the drive still holds a boot record can I factory reset the TB CC firmware I have looked but cannot find a solution to this yet in bios the default boot is UEFI Built-in EFI Shell The GB lists as AHCI THE GB lists as SATA the desktop is usable with a F start up but it takes a few attempts to get it running open to any ideas

A:3TB drive situation

Hello, and Welcome

If i understand correctly, you wish to format the 3TB drive completely. I would use the bootable version of Partition Wizard. Burn the iso file and boot the disk. Select the 3TB disk and delete all partitions. Next step would be to initialize the disk as a GPT disk so you can make use of the full capacity. Next Partition and format to NTFS. You might want to put multiple partitions on the drive.

If you still have a problem then I would Wipe the drive with zeros (quick), intialize GPT, then partition and format.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545902/3tb-drive-situation/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi there,
I have windows 8 and apparently i caught a virus, my normal action would be reboot in safe mode with networking, but the problem is i cannot access it, as virus blocks it and all i see is white screen, so basically i cannot control my computer at all. Any advice on this would help me a lot. Thanks.
P.s. sorry for my english

Edit: Moved to a more appropriate forum from Windows 8
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488489/any-advice-on-this-situation/
Relevancy 36.98%

Simply put, I formatted the noob way by using the xp (home) disc, this reinstalled xp and as far as I knew wiped my HD. However, when going into properties of my computer--> HD I had only 35% of HD space left (my orignal value, i.e. not wiping HD).

My computer is manufactured by Dell giving insight into the bios for those familiar. I want to completely format the drive wiping clean the whole system, and preferably without any outside program i.e. partition magic or whatever. I want to keep it nice and simple..

I have tried /fdisc through command prompt but to no avail, I now call upon you experienced few to help in my dilema, through clear, step by step procedures if your willing to really help me in this frustrating situation. Thanks.