Hello Guys,

Is there a way via scipting to force a pc to refresh their local printer
settings from the print server ? We have enabled Duplexing as the default for
printing ( conserve that paper ! ) for our HP Laserjet printers on the
Print Server, but if a user goes on their local printer settings and unchecks
duplexing, it will not re-pull that device setting from the print server
unless you delete and then re-add the printer on the local machine. Is there
a way to have the printer settings pulled from the server without have to
delete and then readd the locally installed network printer ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forcing-a-refresh-of-network-printer-settings-from-print-server-server.600852/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Forcing a refresh of Network Printer Settings from Print Server Server

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 105.35%

Just joined this site minutes ago so forgive me if I m asking the same print vs printer? network ready server question that has been raised a gazillion times before I ve looked at a relevant thread but it didn t quite answer my question Here s my situation for anyone who might offer advice We have two laptops with wireless cards a pc with a wireless compact USB adaptor an old but working HP Photosmart printer USB cable and a Linksys wireless-G router with Speedbooster connection to the internet for the whole shabang I want to buy a four-in-one printer looking at the cheap option of a refurbished Brother CN flatbed print server vs network ready printer? mostly to have scanner and fax capabilities and would love to be able to put it wherever and have all the various computers print from that machine without cables and the hassle of toting machines here and there That particular four-in-one is quot network ready quot - but I m realizing that I m not entirely clear what that means Is the quot network ready quot printer ready to do what I need it to do print server vs network ready printer? - can I somehow - via software get it configured on my network so that it will respond to each of the computers OR do I also need to buy a print server and if so what kind And if so wired or wireless and what does it matter And which models support the best security WPA Thanks for considering this nbsp

Relevancy 95.03%

Can any one suggest me Step by Step guide to setup Network File Server and Network Print Server

Operating System if possible XP otherwise Windows 2000 Server
Thankssss a lot in advance

A:Step by Step guide to setup Network File Server and Network Print Server

1. RTM (Read The Manual for the Network File Server).
2. Follow the manual's instructions for setup.
3. RTM (Read The Manual for the Network Print Server).
4. Follow the manual's instructions for setup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/step-by-step-guide-to-setup-network-file-server-and-network-print-server.1054988/
Relevancy 89.87%

I have a Kodak AIO printer I purchased also a Belkin wireless print server to allow me to send documents from my laptop to print out upstairs on the Kodak However having tried to set the server Printer & Print server up with no luck I can now find no information to say that the kodak supports a server I know it will definately take a bluetooth adaptor however my laptop does not have bluetooth installed Belkin website says to press quot white quot reset test button on back of server once all wires connected and this will print out Printer & Print server IP address to allow me to set up tcp ip port There is no white button but a black button on the server but pressing this does nothing Wondering if there is any workaround for this or whether I should just return server Also if anyone has the Kodak does yours power down itself after not used for mins or so anyway of stopping this happening Thanks Gill nbsp

A:Printer & Print server

The current line of Kodak printers are based on an Epson design, with the print heads mounted separately inside the machine, and use a cold-ink delivery system - this means it uses an acrylic based in its inks as a drying agent. What this all means is to preserve the print heads so they don't dry out prematurely, the unit will power down automatically so that the heat the system creates does not dry it out. So the answer is no.

As for the print servers, is the Kodak associated with another computer, or is the laptop the only thing working with it? If it is with another computer, you can always use it as the print server with less fuss than adding a wireless one.

But, if the Belkin is the way to go, they do work well, having used one, though not all models want to work with AIOs, since the scanning option usually messes things up. Have you tried Belkin's 800 number? They've been pretty good in the past at working out kinks in their machines. You should have gotten a form with it in your package.

A-N

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-print-server.750789/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hey guys,
I'm trying to figure out how to scan stuff to a computer on an HP LaserJet 3330 scanner/copier/printer/fax. The thing is hooked up to a print server on a 100Mb/s network w/about 7 or 8 computers, and I'm trying to get it to scan to another computer on the network. Any ideas?
--kitty

A:HP multifunction printer on print server

I'm not sure if you can make it scan through a genereic print server..
You most certainly need the bloated, huge and slow HP software to do it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-multifunction-printer-on-print-server.63956/
Relevancy 89.01%

I replace my old SMC Router with a ZyXEL that was recommended here and have added a D-Link DP-300U Print Server. I was having difficult getting it configured to run my two printers. I am running XP Pro and went in and deleted all my printers and started fresh. I am new to this type of thing, it was a hassle but the two printers are running fine now.

My problem is that I am unable to print any PDF documents. When I try to print I receive a dialogue box - "Before you can perform print related-tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer". I have Googled without luck and am new to this type situation. I am lost at this point.

I would appreciate it if someone can provide me steps and instructions on what to download; then how and where to install. Thanks

AQR8

A:No Adobe Printer On New Print Server

Try uninstalling and re-installing Adobe reader. I've had several issues with it printing, and that seemed to be the only cure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-adobe-printer-on-new-print-server.667862/
Relevancy 89.01%

I ve been using a Hewlett Packard PSC v All in One Printer on a home computer network for some time now The printer is being shared with other computers by my desktop which is a dual boot system One of these is a laptop on a wireless network I just bought a print server so that the other computers could access the printer without going through the desktop Installing the print server seemed to go fine until I reached the point where I installed the printer through it Then it tells me there is no printer driver When I tried to install the driver off the CD that came printer server? Why print with a won't work my with the printer it says it still can t find it I downloaded updated software with drivers from the HP website and got the same results The HP website said this software wouldn t work through an ethernet or wireless connection My question is Does the software from the cd also not support ethernet or wireless Or is there another reason why I can t get this to work Has anyone else run across this Here are Why won't my printer work with a print server? my system specs just in case it might help Athlon Ghz MSI K TNeo FSR w VIA Raid Gigabit LAN AC sound and USB MSI RX T Video card Gb DDR SDRam cas latency Dual Boot Windows XP Home on Western Digital Gb PATA h d Windows XP Pro X on Seagate Gb SATA Raid Antec case w w Power supply nbsp

A:Why won't my printer work with a print server?

Most print servers won't function with a Windows GDI interfaced printer. This is a pretty common issue. If you want to run a printer from a print server, you normally need a printer that has PDL, PostScript support, or some other page description language. I've been down this road several times.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-wont-my-printer-work-with-a-print-server.399930/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi,

I'm faced with a technical problem and I hope I can get a definitive answer here

I have a D-Link three-port print server and it has 2x LPT and 1x USB for ports.
My major LPT printer just said "Sayonara" and is "in the bin" now so I'm facing the problem of connecting up its replacement which is USB-only

I see there are several powered adapters out there that would allow me to map an LPT port to USB, e.g. male connector towards the port, USB A towards the printer for a standard connection.
Will this work on a print server or are these adapters only for the PC parallel port?

Thanks for any help.
expat83

Relevancy 89.01%

Hello, the rest of my story asking for help and advice is that I am using a Sierra wireless USB "aircard" for internet. I also have a wireless card inside my HP laptop (dv9005us). So here are my questions:

Must I use my Linksys router along with the Linksys print server or will the print server send to my wireless card or my wireless aircard?

I really don't have a beginning point to figure out all this!

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Relevancy 89.01%

Could sombody please instruct me on how to set up 4 printers on an nt network without a print server.

Relevancy 88.15%

hello I have a question on my all in one printer and print server Dell says it s linkysis s fault and linkysis says it s dell s fault Wonderfully helpful I have a dell all-in-one printer Just a cheapo Better than what I had I can print scan fax and copy with the printer The dell printer also has software that lets my computer know about ink levels status and allows me to scan When I hook up the print server my computer will recognize the server but not the printer My set up is a linkysis router hooked up to my cable modem One computer is wired and the other is wireless I had the print server wired for set up and then had it wireless Anyhow Can I set up a printer like my interactive printer on a server and have it work with the computer like it does when it is hooked up with a Print Server Dell Printer and Linkysis usb cable Can I scan Dell Printer and Linkysis Print Server documents into my computer when it s hooked upto my print server Or am I wasting my time and I should just offload the print server on ebay and cut my looses Thanks Any of this make sense ha nbsp

Relevancy 88.15%

Hi,

I have a Belkin F5D7231-4P wireless router with built in print server, I have the printer setup & it prints, but I have no printer status such as ink levels, progress, etc.

I have a desktop which is connected to the router via a cable & a laptop via wireless & they both have the same problem. It's been the same with two different printers, the first being an Epson R300 & now a Canon iP5200.

I had to setup the printer through usb first then add a printing port to the router & when it was connected directly I had printer status. Does anyone know how to get the printer status showing again?

Thanks for any help

A:No 'Printer Status' on router/print server

I don't know the answer to your question; but have a question of my own. Do Epson and Canon say that the printer status is supposed to be available over a network for those two printers? I have an HP "network ready" printer and about the only status is 'connected' or 'not connected.'

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-printer-status-on-router-print-server.454992/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi all Please pardon if this has printer server print w/ wireless help installing already been addressed I tried to find threads that answered my question but was not too successful I am trying to set up my husband s office so his laptop can print wirelessly to his printer via a print server Right now each time he wants to print he attaches the printer help installing printer w/ wireless print server via the usb cable This works ok but is kind of a pain since the cable has to run across the room Also each time he unplugs and plugs his laptop reinstalls the printer giving him countless copies of the same printer in the printer folder Another issue I ve never bothered to fix So I ve got the print server which also happens to be a router hooked up to the printer and the laptop with built-in wireless detected the router server and connected to it like a network without any problems I thought all I d have to do was go to add printer detect it through the server and install it But though the computer is connected wirelessely to the server it doesn t see the printer Was I totally crazy when I thought the print server would allow printing without the printer being connected to a PC Can you actually just plug a printer into a wireless server and then print from your computer Or perhaps because this is also a router it must be attached to a computer Any help with this would be greatly appreciated If you can explain how to do it I m sure I d be able to do it the laptop is a Toshiba Satellite running Windows XP the router server is a US Robotics MAXG model USR Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 88.15%

Can anyone shed some light on why some XP Pro SP2 workstations will not use the printer settings that are configured on a win2003 print server. I have a workstation that can print to the network printer but it also wants to use a wrong and different tray that all of the other workstations that are connected to it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/printer-shares-on-win2003-print-server-278291.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello all,

I have a DP-301U print server connected to my network and a Samsung ML-2510. Our most recent print server (also a DP-301U) died about a week ago. I got the new one and installed it, and everything ran fine for about a day and a half.

When I went to the web management console of the DP-301U, it showed the printer status as "off line". I then had to physically power-cycle the printer/disconnect the USB cable. After that, it started working again.

After about three hours though it stopped printing again. I went to the web management console of the DP-301U, and again it showed the printer status as "off line". This time however, no amount of power-cycling would help the printer to be seen as online.

I contacted D-Link tech support, but that call was worthless. Any ideas would be welcome.

A:Print Server only sees printer as offline

Any thoughts at all? Should I exchange it out for a new one? Am I missing some simple option? I'm guessing this may be because of the power save mode the printer can go into? If I disable power save on every PC in the office do you think it will stop (provided I can get it back up)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-server-only-sees-printer-as-offline.864440/
Relevancy 87.29%

I had a Print Server EUSSO that connected with my old deskjet printer HP deskjet c USB to my knowledge it working fine Though I had bought a new printer HP laserjet USB hook it up to a new printer won't Print print Server on Print Server but to my amazement I couldn t get it to work it working fine if plug direct to PC I set it the way I worked with the old deskjet HP deskjet c USB and I don t see Print Server won't print on new printer why it didn t work Or maybe the Print Server do not support the new Printer I had visit HP support site and they just didn t give me any good solution Note upon completing the setup and do a test print I notice there aren t any error messages display I see a queue of file on the Printer Document Name last for seconds and dissappear No errors messages But if I try to change the port name number it will display error message upon printing and the file on the Printer Document Name didn t dissappear either I am so curious why it didn t work I know it not the printer fault Print Server is not malfunction either unless it not meant to support my new printer Not the cable either I don t see any wrong doing with my setup since I got the first one work and running Now I am sitting duck Any feed back on this issue would gladly be appreciated nbsp

A:Print Server won't print on new printer

Did you install the drivers for your new printer? (Obvious, sorry, but I have to ask) Best bet would be to uninstall all printers and printer software you have and start over from scratch.

The print server doesn't have to support your printer - all it does is take the data sent by your computer and forward it to the USB port. Your printer however has to support the print server. Some printers require a bidirectional connection with the computer and that cannot work over the network.

Does your print server suppirt several types of connection? It could be any combination of LPR, SMB, JetDirect and any proprietary protocols. Try something else than you are using right now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/print-server-wont-print-on-new-printer.36588/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello I m having an issue with sharing a HP printer from a XP Pro print server to a windows workstation The workstations are workstation server windows 7 Sharing printer on print to XP all on the same workgroup and all Sharing printer on XP print server to windows 7 workstation running off the same switch There are some xp workstations and some w worskstations The xp workstations add the printer via the sharename quot Print-SVR HP Colour quot O K but the w machines continually ask me for a password to which I enter and get rejected If I add the printer directly via it s IP address by creating a TCP IP port it works perfectly fine I have disabled all firewalls and set full access to everyone on the printer When I view all the devices on the workgroup I can see the other workstations as well as the print server When I double click on another workstation both XP and W from a W machine I am granted access without being prompted for a password except for the print server When I try the print server I am asked for a password which it does not accept My question is Why am I only asked for a password on the w machines and why does it not accept it when entered Also I have an identical setup at other locations however at these other locations the workstations are either all xp or all windows The print servers are identical and running xp at all locations The only thing that differs at this location is that the workstations are a mix of w and xp on the workgroup I don t see how this could cause a problem as the print server should be indifferent I believe it will be a setting or a permissions issue on the print server but have run out of places to look If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharing-printer-on-xp-print-server-to-windows-7-workstation.1001093/
Relevancy 87.29%

Printer brother HL- D is connected to Ubuntu Linux desktop I'm unable to print to it from my - 7 cups Windows Linux can't on from print Printer server new hp dm t running Windows Home Premium bit The printer is installed on and works fine from a laptop running Windows XT and a desktop running Windows Professional and of course from various Linux boxes as well I was able to install and use the printer on the Win laptop by disconnecting it from the network amp connecting it by usb to the laptop using quot generic quot driver from Windows Update but that's not an appealing solution The printer is installed on all Windows machines as Printer on Linux cups server - can't print from Windows 7 a network printer with the uri http lt server lan address gt printers HL- D-series and this works fine on the two older versions of Windows I also tried installing it on the Windows machine as a local printer with that same address Note that the Windows printer wizard does report that it was successfully installed -- but it is unable to print a test page It is also unable to quot configure the port quot in other words after installation I went to printer properties ports and clicked to quot configure quot the checked port and then just clicked OK on the next dialog without making any changes but that operation fails with quot An error occurred during port configuration Operation could not be completed error x aa quot A typical cups access log entry after printing from one of the other Windows machines is lt WinXP lan address gt - - Mar - quot POST printers HL- D-series HTTP quot Print-Job successful-ok A typical cups access log entry after trying to print from Windows lt Win lan address gt - - Mar - quot POST printers HL- D-series HTTP quot windows-ext client-error-bad-request Typical cups error log entries after attempting to print from Windows E Mar - Missing printer-uri job-uri or ppd-name attribute E Mar - Returning IPP client-error-bad-request for windows-ext no URI from lt Win lan address gt Internet printing client is enabled in Print and Document Services What could be interfering with communication between Win and cups

A:Printer on Linux cups server - can't print from Windows 7

Correction: the cups error messages I described above don't occur while trying to print from Windows 7. Instead, they occur only while the Windows 7 printer installation wizard is running, immediately after entering the printer's uri in the wizard dialog (and before selecting the printer driver).

After the wizard finishes and reports "successfully installed...", and I try to send something to the printer, I don't think anything is sent over the network at all. I did a wireshark capture, and I don't see any activity that seems to be related to the attempted printing.

Has Windows completely disabled IPP now?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/220645-printer-linux-cups-server-cant-print-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I have learned by reading that a lot of print servers are picky about which printer is compatible with them. Can anyone suggest a wireless print server for the Dell Laser 1600n? Its a multifunction printer. Thanks.

Relevancy 87.29%

Using Windows 7 Enterprise. Am frequently unable to print because 'server offline' for all of our networked printers. However, this is not really true: others in the office using the same networked printers CAN print and theirs do not say offline. Our tech guy cannot seem to get to the root of the problem. I am not working wirelessly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows 7 Enterprise says server offline can't print to any printer

Forgot to mention, this problem is intermittent. Some times I can print, some times I can't. Usually, if something is really hot and some one needs it now....yep, that's when the server says offline. Truly, it is just delightful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-enterprise-says-server-offline-cant-print-to-any-printer.1091055/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hey,

So I'm havng problems with printers on a Terminal Server, I tried googling for results but most only cover setting the default printer. So the default printer set-up is fine and users can access the printers set the default log off, and it remembers it. But any preferences set are forgotten.

So we use a user box setting where each user has there own box to print to. But as soon as we close preferences the printer reverts to it's default settings. We can create favourite settings and it will hold the settings but not default to it.

Is there away we can make it so that we can set each users preferences save

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/printer-settings-terminal-server-276889/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi I am struggling to understand this I have set up a new network for our school before this all the computers were attached to a network but there was no domain or user logon There are various printers pluged in around school in different buildings and these are all shared printers so could always be used When you log in as one of the new users server Network print there is an enormous list of printers in printers and faxes I want to get rid of those and set it up so that only some printers are available to user groups I have upgraded the domain controler to Windows server R and set it up as a printer server and then deployed the correct printers through group policy Network print server How do I get rid of all the redundant computers in a users printers and faxes list When I click on remove printer access is denied I m not sure I understand the difference between having the domain controller being a printer server and just having the printers plugged in and shared Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-print-server.950520/
Relevancy 86%

First, some background. I had this all set up and it was working. I installed 2 other printers and drivers and started having problems with my computer hanging up and other issues with the HP software. I decided to uninstall all of my HP software and drivers and start over.

I have 2 printers--HP Officejet Pro L7580 and an HP Deskjet 9650 that I want connected with the print server.

I downloaded the new drivers for the deskjet 9650. I have the software installed for the print server. I can open that software with my laptop and see the print server. I started installing the printer drivers using a wiresless network, but it couldn't find the printer.

I tired restarting the print server, but still it cannot find the printer. I tried putting in the IP address for the print server, but when I do it says that the HP deskjet 9650 installer has encountered and error, and it closes.

Any suggestions?

A:Trouble installing HP Deskjet printer with Zonet print server

I solved my own problem! Thanks anyway

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-installing-hp-deskjet-printer-with-zonet-print-server.634040/
Relevancy 86%

I have a print server running standard sp I have been looking for a way to allow helpdesk staff install 2003 Windows SP2 on Standard server print to install & Server Unable remotely 7 driver and manage printers without logging into the server and Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server without adding them to the admin group So I added them to the power users group and the print operators group that worked fine they were able to UNC servername Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server to the server and install printers drivers as well as uninstall drivers printers ect Now the problem this works great from an XP box but when we try it from a windows machine we get access denied More specifically it acts like it is going to install the printer then when it comes to the driver installation part it fails Printer driver was not installed Access is denied No changes have been made to the permissions I can log into an XP machine with my profile and it works fine log out go to a Windows machine use the same credentials and I get the above message access is denied I am an admin of both machines on the windows machine I have UAC turned off completely Running XP Pro SP amp Windows pro both are bit machines I should also add that I have made the necessary group policy changes to allow printer operators to Load Unload device drivers and under the local policies security options I ensured that the Prevent users from installing printer drivers was Disabled Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

A:Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server

How do you enter the credentials on the Windows 7 machine? I've noticed that you have to use "domain\username" rather than just the username in some cases.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403507/windows-7-2003-server-standard-sp2-unable-to-remotely-install-driver-on-print-server/
Relevancy 85.14%

Have Print Problems Server/Network a Dell laptop amp an Intel desktop that share an HP psc All In One System includes a Belkin Wireless G router amp a Print Server/Network Problems Netgear print server All was well until I cleaned underneath my puter desk on Sunday I did not need to print then so did not notice that the system had stopped working I tried to print tonight amp could not Thinking I d loosened a connection I tried a of things to get the system functioning again but I m still unable to print I ve tried running the Network Setup Wizard amp also disconnecting everything inserting the Netgear CD amp reconnecting all in what I think is the correct order at this point the print server does not light up amp I get a message that the following quot hardware quot was found disconnected BroadcomNetXtreme xxGigabit C Anyone have any advice I had to disconnect the system once before amp managed to get it running again but no success this time Thanks for any help you can give me Note When I try to run the Netgear CD I get a message that the print server cannot be found amp I am unable to complete the setup nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-server-network-problems.816890/
Relevancy 85.14%

I know that I have a & Small Server Print Network lot Small Network & Print Server of questions about networking sorry it is just Small Network & Print Server something that is not my strongest point So here it is I want a good reliable print server I have an airport extreme and it is absolutely terrible It has to have usb So the way one would work is you plug the printer into the usb plug the ethernet into a switch I already have a router and bam What software do I have to install on each computer The I am thinking of setting it up is Internet gt router gt switch gt computer print server and wireless ap Here is what I think I am going to use any recommendations is appreciate Router http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Switch http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Wireless Ap http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Print Server Maybe I will plug this into the switch http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E I may use this http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E and skip the router switch and wireless ap I am not sure if I want to have more ports available It would be ten users at max if I used the switch but if I went with the Wrt g itd be obviously wired and a few wireless Any help I appreciate Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

Hello all

Recently I installed a new router that gives me DLNA capabilities with a HD.

To do this it has a Media Server in it.

Oddly once this is enabled in the router, the stand alone print server device I have had for a long time (that lets me print from anything on the network) that is plugged into it the router suddenly shows up in my Network of explorer and other pages showing items on the Network.

Kinda not a really big deal but just one more thing I would not like to show there, so was just wondering if there is anyway to make it back hidden again.

Note, I do not want to remove it, or effect the server device, or any of its printer capabilities, just don't want to see it.

Thanks for any help.

A:Hide print server in Network?

Hello,

If you have enabled DNLA in your router, I don't think that there's a work around to disable it.

If the print server is connected to a Server (Windows 2003, 2008 Server and higher versions), there's a way to disable this by modifying the registry from the Server where the print server is configured.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/293532-hide-print-server-network.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Does anyone knows any really good multi-function print servers thats work on label printers? The label I have at work is called Zebra.

Relevancy 85.14%

Have spent hours getting to a point where I can print wirelessly only by rebooting the laptop and then printing one document. Further prints fail - unless laptop rebooted. The print server is connected wirelessly to a Dlink DSL-G604T modem/router. I reckon that, since the print server WLAN light is flickering intermittently the whole time - even when the machine is switched off - that the print is not completed properly and that the print server does not receive a print end instruction. This is borne out also after rebooting and printing that only 99% of the print job is performed - it never gets to 100%. Has anyone else seen this problem - and has anyone fixed it? Otherwise the print server will be going back to the store.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-print-server-f1up001-problem-with-xp-and-dell-a920-printer.38102/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello all

I am having trouble connecting my verizon fios, dell 964 printer and my linksys wireless printer server. When I had comcast service it worked with moderate setup help from a computer technician. Now that I have changed to verizon, I can't seem to get it to work. Linksys will set me up with a third party for over $100 who specializes in multi systems... dell, verizion and linksys... and Verizon will do the same for the same amount of money. I have already paid a second compter technician to come in and set it up and he tells me that it can't be done and that verizon knows that there is a problem. I paid him over $170...Needless to say I'm looking to not spend another dime on this issue or I'll switch back to comcast.

D

A:Having trouble connecting fios with dell printer and wireless print server

You probably need to remove the previous wireless settings from the printer and run the set up program again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-connecting-fios-with-dell-printer-and-wireless-print-server.144156/
Relevancy 85.14%

I've just installed a wireless Belkin Print Server and having several problems. There are 3 computers, 2 on Windows 2000 and a lap top on XP. At first 2 of the printers could print fine. Then I downloaded the printdrivers for the HP 6110 on to the 3rd machine. Since then the drivers have been deleted from the other 2 computers - and the download version doesn't work. So now none of the computers can print.

I can reinstall the drivers - but what is to stop this happpening all over again?

The network is wireless (netgear) using BT Broadband. Can any one suggest what I can do to retsore the printer - incidentally after the pc drivers disappeared I checked the lap top and it was fine until it was switched on - it worked once then went teh same way as the others...Can anyone help?

A:Wireless Belkin print server appears to be disabling all the printer drivers

Belkin

Hi,

I was wondering if you have managed to sort your problem out, as I am suffering from excatly the same issue. The help desk of Belkin was not use, as t hey suggested that I go and buy another printer!!

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-belkin-print-server-appears-to-be-disabling-all-the-printer-drivers.18234/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello all,

Getting ready for a massive server refresh. We will be racking and stacking a lot of 4u and 8u servers, blades and a few routers.

Just saw this video online, wanted to see what you thought - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr503Dh8XXQ
their website is http://www.serverlift.com

A:Server refresh and we nee a server lift

If you want opinions on the product, I think that it looks really nice, I have to manage servers all the time and this would be extremely nice to have, vs. using two or three men to carry and rack them. But in reality, you really have to consider if it is economically efficient. If it cost way to much, it isn't worth it, but if it is cheap and, or you have money laying around to buy this type of hardware, go for it. I hope my opinion can help you in some way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-refresh-and-we-nee-a-server-lift.1027597/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have an NT server that has an HP 4050 three-tray printer set up on it. (The 4050 printer is attached to a print server on the LAN) When I go to the NT server to adjust the printer properties so that the printer will print to tray tree instead of tray two and click OK, the server does not remember the settings. So when I go back into the printer properties the configuration is still set up to print to tray 2. Does anyone have any suggestions I can try out? I already tried re-installing the driver for the printer.

A:HP 4050 printer properties on NT server can not remember it's settings

Have you check the defaults on the front control panel of the printer? If the printer thinks that there is not the correct paper in tray two, then it will go to the next tray that it thinks has the correct paper.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-4050-printer-properties-on-nt-server-can-not-remember-its-settings.64207/
Relevancy 84.28%

Our home has a mixed-platform network composed of three Windows 7 machines, two Vista machines, and (hopefully) one Windows XP print server. I would love to upgrade the print server to Windows 7, but it doesn't have enough RAM.

How can I connect the Windows XP print server to my home network? I don't need the ability to share files over the network. I simply need to be able to print directly to the laserjet from any of my networked machines.

I've poked around the forums and elsewhere on the Internet, and have come across variants of this question but haven't found any clear-cut instructions that explain how to do this.

Thanks!

Aaron

A:Sharing XP print server with Windows 7 network

Does the Vista & Win7 computers see the XP computer? Have you tried install network printer from all of them? Do you have the XP printer set as sharing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/10905-sharing-xp-print-server-windows-7-network.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have an Airlink wireless print server installed I have computers which print successfully via the print server none are directly connected to the printer They each have a separate OS - XP HP w/ network server print scan 6310 Home Basic and Home Premium bit The XP and Home Basic machines both are successful as network scanners as well - the shows up under Scanners and Faxes So here is where I'm pulling my hair out The Home Premium machine will print to the but refuses to see the scanning functionality I've Googled this till my eyes are about the fall out of my head You name it I've probably tried it HP 6310 network scan w/ print server I tried using XP drivers using XP SP backwards compatibility - no luck - it won't let me proceed I've tried installing the bit package from HP - again no luck It won't see the scanner I have Windows Firewall disabled and the OEM Norton package uninstalled Help I've also tried scanning through Paint and Publisher Of course they don't see the scanner either HP 6310 network scan w/ print server I also regretably let HP work on this issue earlier They couldn't figure it out either

A:HP 6310 network scan w/ print server

Hi, goproliance, and welcome to the forums.

When you uninstalled your Norton, did you use the removal tool or just uninstall from Control Panel?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/180563-hp-6310-network-scan-w-print-server.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi Guys I have read a number of posts here about networking issues but none seemed specific to my issue I had a Windows environment and just recently purchased a Windows laptop well win Pro to be exact On all of my windows machines I can ping and get solid response and go to that address in the browser and no issue On the new Window laptop I ping that address and sometimes get timeout with responses other times it just times out and sometimes I get all replies The print server has a web interface but I am unable to connect to it at network Win on my not server connect to will 8.1Pro print all - is there something I need to set in Win C Users Ron gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply Win 8.1Pro will not connect to print server on my network from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Then I get C Users Ron gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms

A:Win 8.1Pro will not connect to print server on my network

Welcome to Eight Forums,

This could be a network card driver issue and depending on the chipsets of your computer. Some Users have encountered disconnection issue after upgrading from 8 to 8.1, possible solution is to try downloading the latest driver for your network card from the manufacturer's site. Also, please check out this Thread.

For Broadcom NIC drivers try downloading the Windows 7 driver, check out this Thread.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/34431-win-8-1pro-will-not-connect-print-server-my-network.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a physical print server to one of my printers. I've been told to change the IP address on my computer to be on the same network as the print server. I'm not sure how to do this? Can anybody give me an example or a quick walkthrough?

A:Chaning My IP Address to be on same network as Print Server...

What's the context of this? Is this a work network we're talking about?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/chaning-my-ip-address-to-be-on-same-network-as-print-server.860848/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi, I have a pc running Windows XP Pro. This was formerly connected to my office server and so still has the server login settings etc. I now wish to use this computer as a stand alone home pc and so wish to remove or disable these settings as they seem to be slowing things down, especially shortcuts to excel and word workbooks. Does anyone know what I need to do?
Many thanks
~Gary

A:Server network settings

Quote: Originally Posted by Gazza13

Hi, I have a pc running Windows XP Pro. This was formerly connected to my office server and so still has the server login settings etc. I now wish to use this computer as a stand alone home pc and so wish to remove or disable these settings as they seem to be slowing things down, especially shortcuts to excel and word workbooks. Does anyone know what I need to do?
Many thanks
~Gary

Welcome to the windows 7 forums Gazza13

first you need to log onto the machine as an administrator and un join from the domain that you were joined to.

If you know the password of the local machine administrator account, you can log on to the local machine instead of the domain and then unjoin from the domain.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/206140-server-network-settings.html
Relevancy 83.42%

The few Windows 95 and Windows 98 computers we have left are all getting the same failure to print due to unknown network error type message. My guess is this is related to one of the April 12 Security updates installed last night on the print server which is running Windows 2003 Server. Am I the only one with this problem today?

A:W95 W98 Fail to Print to 2003 Server Network Printers

That was it! 3 of the updates were not compatible with W9.x

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w95-w98-fail-to-print-to-2003-server-network-printers.352649/
Relevancy 83.42%

I'm having sporadic issues with many users connected over the network to a print server. If the printer is their default printer the application used to print will freeze/lockup until they log out / restart their machine. The only way to fix this (from my experience) is to set their default printer to something else (like Adobe PDF) or bypass the print server completely and do it by direct TCP/IP.

Has anyone ever heard of this issue and know of a fix? Think it is a driver related problem?

A:Application locks up when printing over the network via print server

right off the bat, it sounds like a driver issue or MAJOR dns issue. Are the default printer drivers PostScript by any chance? Are you offering both 64 and 32 bit drivers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/174895-application-locks-up-when-printing-over-network-via-print-server.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Well I turned an old PC into an http and FTP server just for fun so I could get files anywhere in the world... So I am no server genius (very far from it) anyways I logged into it remotely today and saw that FileZila had thousands upon thousands of login attempts

My theory is he has a program running that looks for random ftp:// sites then he brute forces them trying to login as Admin, to then tunnel traffic (again a complete guess)

Anyways am I right at all or completely crazy, and how could I stop him

Btw the IP address leads to somewhere in Romania...

Relevancy 82.13%

Hi OS win xp sp I m unable to change the Prefered DNS server for tcp from change Can't DNS Prefered settings network server the ip settings throught network settings Every time i change it and click OK it will automatically revert to ip that i don t know it This issue was originally posted here I have been told to provide hijackthis Log the log below Thanks for looking Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Can't change the Prefered DNS server from network settings MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system msdtc exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files Lenovo PM Driver PMSveH exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files UPHClean uphclean exe C Program Files Common Files VMware VMware Virtual Image Editing vmount exe C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C Program Files ASUS Security Center ASUS Security Protect Manager Bin AsGHost exe C Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware-authd exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System SCardSvr exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TpWAudAp exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C PROGRA Lenovo PMDRIV PMHandler exe C PROGRA Lenovo LENOVO LPMGR exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware-tray exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Taskbar Shuffle taskbarshuffle exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware exe C Program Files VMware VMware Workstation bin vmware-vmx exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v aspnet wp exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files QuickWiz EasyLingo ELINGO EXE C Program Files Common Files GuruNet Shared agtserv exe C Program Files QuickWiz EasyLingo wdtspeak exe C Program Files Google Google Earth googleearth exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer realplay exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- ... Read more

Relevancy 82.13%

Hi all,

I'm unable to change the Prefered DNS server for tcp/ip settings throught network settings ,
Every tiem i change it and click ok, it will automatically revert to ip that i don't know it .

Any comment ? is it virus ? or what ?

A:Can't change the Prefered DNS server from network settings

Yes, possibly malware.
Suggest you post a HiJackThis log in the Malware/HiJackThis forum on this board and an expert will take a look at it. The instructions are there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-the-prefered-dns-server-from-network-settings.779197/
Relevancy 81.7%

I need help with these. I am connected to the home group but I cant access the print server.

A:Cant access Printer Network Server

I don't understand why people are using home groups.. Just use a password and it will work..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/299603-cant-access-printer-network-server.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I started to use glasswire and came up about ten entries in glasswire stating my dns server changed from 192.168.1.1 to fec0:0:0:0ffff:1 I recently bought a new router rt-ac68u and updated to the latest firmware, and this is still going on. Is there anything troubling in my computer that needs to be addressed? 
 DNS server issues.png   196.82KB
  0 downloads

A:Computer keeps on changing DNS server settings in network card

Hello eptesicus

A few items ; First ,

Are you talking about a fixed Desktop unit or do you also use a laptop / notepad, and is this the only computer in the house / unit ?
I am on my laptop, so it is a bit hard to see those numbers in any sequence, and I will just ask you.

Have you recently changed your ISP or used a USB Dongle to browse from ?
Next have you or any computers in the house used a "Free ISP" like shops / Shopping centers (McDonalds for instance) Skype or airports ?
To follow up are you near enough to be affected by a free ISP outlet as described above (I noticed mine alter now that I also use a USB) ?

Please complete the following to help with some information>>
Download Security Check from Here and save it to your Desktop.
Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
If your computer refuses to run it, or you get a danger message, I know the certificate is out of date.
Just disable your Antivirus, or reboot and run again.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.back here.

Please download MiniToolBox to your Desktop to run it.
Check following boxes:
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Devices (do NOT change any settings here)
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Restore Points
Click Go and Copy and Paste the output. Result txt. Note:this will take a few minutes to run

You can post a snapshot with Speccy for more system details -How to Publish a snapshot with Speccy <<-- Read the Full Directions Here (only Copy / Paste the link)
Not just the first bit, but the Full Link (this takes about 2 minutes to load )..

These 3 programs along with your answers should supply a lot more information.

Thank You..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603746/computer-keeps-on-changing-dns-server-settings-in-network-card/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi all. We have a number of NT 4 servers, one of which is PRINTSVR, a print server for our NT Workstation network. We have approximately 58 printers setup on this server and for the most part they work great. Something weird is happening, though, on an irregular basis.

On occasion the server will not print Excel spreadsheets and the only way to get it to print them is to reboot. It's not a specific printer problem because once this starts it affects all the printers. The print jobs run through their respective queues indicating that they're spooling, printing, and then they disappear and nothing comes out of the printer(s).

One of our employees has mentioned that she has noticed that the problem occurs after she has attempted to cancel a job. The next time she attempts to print from Excel nothing happens.

Any ideas? Anything would help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-4-server-having-a-problem-as-a-print-server.28364/
Relevancy 79.98%

RPC server and Printer Spooler problems Hi i m running windows xp professional edition i had to wipe my system after a nightmare virus infected my machine my friend then reloaded xp pro from scratch its all been working fine but i can t reload my printer onto the machine first i got error messages saying printer spooler service not running please restart computer to start service so i had a look in the services area and restarted the spooler service manually i then tried to install again and got the same message so i looked up solutions on the net that included clearing all the printer drivers from the computer and then restarting the computer with the services i Server/RPC server Printer problems Windows XP needed RPC server Windows XP Printer Server/RPC server problems and Printer Spooler set to automatic i started the installation again and got the same message this time i went down the corrupted files route and replaced the spoolss dll spoolsv exe winspool drv and winspool exe files in the win system with fresh new ones off the installation disk I can t access winspool drv as its part of winlogin ran the pirinter installation again and this time i got an RPC server unavailable error i again checked the RPC server and it was running in the services window also all of its dependents are working fine so it must therefore be running I tried again this time it said Remote Procedure Call unavailable By the way the DCOM server is already working Windows XP Printer Server/RPC server problems Every now and then i get a script error when restarting the spooler from services as well An error has occured in the script on this page Line Char error unexpected error Code URL res C windows system mmcndmgr dll views htm I ve ran virus checks malware checks registry cleaners Windows XP Printer Server/RPC server problems ad-aware AVG RegCure MalwareBytes Registry Booster Spybot S amp D everything you can think of to locate any kind of problem I did find something called win backdoor bedienks after an adaware scan and it took a couple of attempts to get rid of it But its gone now So far nothing is working i cannot install any type of printer and therefore i can t reinstall my scanner either as its part of the same installation if i get past the printer spooler problem i just end up with an RPC server problem I ve checked out all the threads on here and i ve already done everything that is suggested it seems mad to have to reinstall the whole of XP just for one tiny Win system Sorry its a bit long but i ve been working on this problem for months now and it just ain t working so any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows XP Printer Server/RPC server problems

When your friend reinstalled Windows did they install all the hardware drivers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193425/windows-xp-printer-serverrpc-server-problems/
Relevancy 79.98%

I want to be able to force all of the Internet traffic on my LAN through a PC running some UTM distribution or something like Smoothwall My main goal is on Internet through server traffic all transparent LAN Forcing proxy URL filtering and stuff like that I have Forcing all Internet traffic on LAN through transparent proxy server a Linksys router with a DHCP server The router s IP is If I have my Forcing all Internet traffic on LAN through transparent proxy server UTM box with an IP of and a transparent proxy server running on port how can I have all traffic automatically go through the UTM box I know I can manually set the proxy settings on each computer but I don t want to do that I want the IP info given from the DHCP server to be such that any new computer connecting to this network would be forced through the UTM box So to recap my goal is to have some automatic way to force all Internet traffic through another device for filtering I think I can set up the filter myself but the part I m struggling with is forcing all the traffic to go there automatically Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

Hi everyone I'm having trouble with this infection I've tried several methods already installed Malwarebytes removing and reinstalling Google Chrome and it keeps coming back It's replacing the real Google Search with a fake one that I identified because the old Google logo forcing Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST http://ɴ.net/server.pac proxy and weird fonts and ads in the fake search results I'm not sure what else it might be faking or doing with my internet traffic Please help Here are my logs FRST Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST forcing proxy http://ɴ.net/server.pac Version - - Ran by doryo administrator on HARLEY - - Running from C Users doryo Desktop Loaded Profiles doryo Available Profiles doryo Platform Windows Home Version X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST forcing proxy http://ɴ.net/server.pac If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgrsa exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxCUIService exe Intel Corporation C Windows SysWOW IntelCpHeciSvc exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgwdsvca exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Framework Common avgsvca exe Intel Corporation C Windows System ibtsiva exe Adobe Systems Incorporated C Program Files x Common Files Adobe AdobeGCClient AGSService exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgidsagenta exe Malwarebytes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnhService exe Malwarebytes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgnsa exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgemca exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxEM exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxHK exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxTray exe C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft Messaging x wekyb d bbwe SkypeHost exe Malwarebytes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Framework Common avguix exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgui exe Skype Technologies S A C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System SettingSyncHost exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgcsrva exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office Office POWERPNT EXE Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files ... Read more

A:Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST forcing proxy http://ɴ.net/server.pac

Hello doryon and Welcome to the BleepingComputer.  
 My name is Yılmaz and I'll help you with the cleanup of malware from your computer.
Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.
Please complete all steps in the specified order.
Even if tools don't find malware, I want you to post the logfiles anyway.
Please copy and paste the logfiles directly into your posts. Please do not attach them unless you are instructed to do so.
Read the instructions carefully. If you have problems, stop what you  were doing and describe the problems you encountered as precisely as  you can.
Don't install or uninstall software during the cleanup unless you are told to do so.
Ensure your external and/or USB drives are inserted during always the scan.
If you can't answer for the next few days, please let me know. If  you haven't answered within 5 days, I am assuming that you don't need  help anymore and your topic will be closed.
If you have illegal/cracked software, cracks, keygens, etc. on the system, please remove or uninstall them now!
I can not guarantee that we will find and be able to remove all  malware. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review  my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic
As my first language is not English, please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to understand.
Please open as administrator  the computer. How is open as administrator  the computer?
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, as they will  interfere with our tools and the removal. If you are unsure how to do  this, please refer to get help here
Thanks

Please do the following.
Scan with Zemana AntiMalware Free:
Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus and firewall programs while performing scan
Please download and install Zemana AntiMalware Free
Double-click software shortcut on the desktop and follow the prompts to install the program .
If an update is available, click the Update now button.
At the end Click Settings > Advanced > ''I have read the warning an wish to proceed anyway'' Click
Auto Launch > Untick the box next
Scan type > Smart scan (Default)
Close all open files, folders and browsers
Click scan now ''Run as Administrator'' and a threat Scan will begin.
When the scan is complete, Press report and send me report.
Please PC restart now.
============================================================================
How are your PC and browsers  and are there still septoms ?

Have a nice day.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613591/hijackautoconfigurlprxysvrrst-forcing-proxy-http%c9%b4netserverpac/
Relevancy 78.69%

Red Shield - IE Enhanced Security Configuration for Administrators
Amber Shield - IE Enhanced Security Configuration for Non-Administrators
Green Shield - IE Zones
When I click on the how to correct this it takes me to a Windows 2003 page not 2012 for the first issue

And page does not exist for the second issue ?
Any ideas ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/707368df-5e81-4c0b-9f2b-c5b5ee805a34/mbsa-finds-issue-with-server-2012-internet-explorer-settings-but-i-cant-find-an-actual-issue-on-the?forum=MBSA
Relevancy 78.26%

A friend is moving his business and the new business park that he's setting up shop in internet. network LAN server/client server only, for for USB hotspot does not have anyway to get any wired internet to his building excluding a T line which he can't justify the cost of One windows machine acts as the server primarily for Quickbooks database and there are two other windows machines that are clients reading off said database He's getting one of those usb dongles for wireless internet service for the server only the other two computers will be tethered to a smartphone for internet for QB and windows updates periodically They do NOT want to share the servers wireless connection to the other machines My only concern was if the server LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet. will continue to try to check the LAN for internet connectivity or will it check both network connections when one fails or is there a setting I can tell them to change to ensure it knows to go to the wireless dongle for internet all the time without interfering with the workstations talking to the server over the LAN to get to the database The setup at the old office LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet. was business class DSL they are using a relatively new Linksys router which had the DSL authentication information Thank you

A:LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet.

I managed to find a solution this morning, for anyone that's interested, the whole article is here: Multiple Network Connections at the Same Time on Windows | Ivan Zlatev

But the short answer is, under the advanced properties of TCP/IP v4, uncheck automatic metric, set your internet to a value of 1, and the LAN to a value of 9999.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263541-lan-network-server-client-only-usb-hotspot-server-internet.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi,

My windows 8.1 laptop has been infected with what I assume is some rather sneaky malware.

It all started when my girlfriend was surfing and Avast picked up an infection and promptly quarantined it. After that most of our browsing has been redirected and were locked into a proxie server.

I've used Malwarebites, AdwCleaner and Hitman Pro to try to remove the infection but it continues instantly.

I'm unable to use system restore and the option to turn the proxie off is unavailable.

Hope you guys can help.

A:Malware forcing Proxie server, redirects and evading my best attempts to remove.

Hi bartonz20let and welcome to BC.I apologize for the delay in response to your thread.Please take note of the following:1. Please do not run any other tools unless instructed.2. Please don't install or uninstall anything unless asked.3. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean.4. If there's anything that you don't understand, please ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.5. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.Note:There are both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool available. Please pick the version that matches your operating system's bit type.If you are unsure what you're system bit type is..... click Here for help.For x32 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to your Desktop.Double-click the downloaded icon to run the tool.When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Make sure that Addition.txt is selected at the bottomPress Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please copy and paste it to your reply also..Note:if you see this screen come up, when trying to run FRST:Just click on More Info.Then on the next screen, click on Run AnywayPlease post both reports from FRST in your next reply.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532951/malware-forcing-proxie-server-redirects-and-evading-my-best-attempts-to-remove/
Relevancy 78.26%

Thanks in advance for any help.

We have about 8 computers on a LAN that conncet to a local netowrk printer. We can all each individually carry that printer to our terminal server (using remote desktop), so we can each print from the server to our local machine.

We purchased two new computers which came installed with Vista, insuring all local resources are enabled within Remote Desktop, the printer does not show on the Windows 2003 Terminal Server as it does on all the XP machines.

Printing from the Vista machines to the printer works fine, although we do have some issues locally printing different types of PDF's (sometimes changing "Document Type" to "Document" in our print driver prints the PDF, most times it does not).

Our local network pritner is a Konica-Minolta C352.

Thanks again,
Justin

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/206842-terminal-server-remote-dektop-wont-see-local-network-printer-vista.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I'm very knew to the networking scene in my job and I'd like to know if there is a way to test the speed that a file could be transfered from server to server. For example, the file is located on the Brisbane server (\\brisbane) and I would like to transfer it to the Mackay server (\\mackay) located 1000+km away. This file is approx 630MB and I don't want to slow the network traffic down too much so I need to know how long it will take to transfer.

Relevancy 75.68%

I appear to be the victim of some piece of malware or virus that has added a proxy server setting that I am unable to get rid of The main symptoms are that I am unable to change my proxy server settings in Windows It appears to use this setting http The result of proxy change server Possible settings. server hijack. Unable to proxy this is that I am unable to Possible proxy server hijack. Unable to change proxy server settings. do searches in the omnibar of Google Chrome just takes me to a blank page and I can't visit certain webpages also if Possible proxy server hijack. Unable to change proxy server settings. I am able to do a Google search the Search Tools button is missing I looked around on the internet and have tried a few fixes I've deleted or changed the registry entries mentioned in Philip Turner's reply here https community spiceworks com topic -can-t-disable-proxy-in-ie page I also changed the entry mentioned here https fixedit itxpress biz unable-to-disable-windows-proxy-setting Making these changes allowed me to change the proxy server settings and once I change Automatically detect settings to on and Use a a proxy server to off then the issue is fixed and everything behaves normally The problem is once I restart my computer the settings revert back and are again unable to be changed unless I delete change all the above registry entries again I'm pretty sure that whatever did this is still on my computer somewhere and I need some help finding and eliminating it Either that or there is still some hidden registry entry that I am unable to find I have tried running Malwarebytes CCleaner and Adwcleaner None of them can detect or fix the issue I've had this same issue before maybe a month ago but last time this happened I ran CCleaner and uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and it fixed it This time that did not work This time the issue began after I performed a Windows Update and restarted my computer This is what was downloaded and updated Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows and Windows Server R x Edition - September KB Cumulative Update for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB The posted FRST logs are from AFTER I made the above mentioned registry changes If you need me to restart my computer and run the program again before I make any changes please let me know Thanks in advance Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Jimbodan administrator on DESKTOP-G LH O - - Running from E Users jimbodan Downloads Loaded Profiles Jimbodan Available Profiles Jimbodan Platform Windows Pro Version X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Edge Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved ESET C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security ekrn exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvscpapisvr exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe Creative Technology Ltd C Program Files x Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe Windows reg Win DDK provider C Windows System DbxSvc exe Creative Technology Ltd C Windows SysWOW CtHdaSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ClickToRun OfficeClickToRun exe Adobe Systems Incorporated C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Adobe Desktop Common ElevationManager AdobeUpdateService exe Adobe Systems Incorporated C Program Files x Common Files Adobe AdobeGCClient AGSService exe Binary Fortress Software H Util DisplayFusion DisplayFusionService exe Intel C... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627131/possible-proxy-server-hijack-unable-to-change-proxy-server-settings/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey Friends,

For some reason, my tf2 server list won't refresh anymore. I don't think I did anything differently. Does anyone else have this problem or know what might be causing it? I found one thread that said they fixed it by installing Half Life 2. I tried that, but it didn't work for me.

Thanks for the help!

Leafer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tf2-server-list-wont-refresh.902249/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have installed a wireless Belkin G all in one print server on my Dell Inspiron 1300 notebook and connected it via usb to my lexmark 5360 all in one printer. I can send a request to print and it enters the queue but the printer won't print. Any ideas please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lexmark-5360-wont-print-wirelessly-via-belkin-print-server.532601/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have three printers connected to this Linksys EPSX3 print server and almost 25 workstations (WinXp pro installed) using this three printers and can print fine with all the systems. Recently have formatted and installed one workstation with WinXp Pro and connected to the network domain with DHCP enable and firewall disabled on local machine. After installing the print server driver and going to the configure the print server dialog box, Im able to browse and view the print server name and ip but when I press ok it gives a error message " addport failiure" and the whole network get jammed. Nobody can print anything from any other systems and just has to reset the print server again to make it work.Can anybody explain whats goin on..
thanxs

A:Print server Linksys EPSX3 print problem

problem solved.. Winxp Pro SP2 installed and which adds and enables the ICF internet connection firewall. I have disabled it in control panel firewall but some how it was loading automatically at startup and running. So went to services and set to start service manually. The print server port was added without a prob..
thanxs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-server-linksys-epsx3-print-problem.244419/
Relevancy 73.1%

Refresh PC and Reset PC not in Windows Server 2012 ????

A:Refresh PC and Reset PC not in Windows Server 2012 ????

Should it be? What may be a great client feature may not necessarily be advisable for a server. Also how likely are you to muck up a server with too many installs and uninstalls?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/9862-refresh-pc-reset-pc-not-windows-server-2012-a.html
Relevancy 72.67%

i have the server with windows SP and i executed replication active directory domain controller on the new server as i have two servers all with computer in the client server 2003 problem network client/server windows expect one client computer work ok onthe problematically computer is with the windows me problem is when i shut down old server the computer with win me drop out from domain and he don t see new server when i power on old server the client computer work ok i deinstalled the win me on this computer and i installed to him win xp pro but problem is same this computer don t see new server and he don t see others client computers in network problem with client computer in the client/server network windows server 2003 what i do i tryed to make new user account but nothing i can t because of this computer don t see new server on client computer light green indicator on network adapter Realtek d all the time i use commands ping with the ip address of server with the name of server nothing ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns ip address of old server is and new server maybe problem is when i type ipconfig in dosprompt on new server i receive DNS server and DHCP plz help me thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-client-computer-in-the-client-server-network-windows-server-2003.617978/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hiya The Microsoft SQL Server Upgrade Advisor is a tool used by Database developers and administrators to analyze SQL Server and SQL Server Upgrade CTP Server Advisor Microsoft Refresh 2005 - June SQL database servers in preparation for upgrading to SQL Server The Upgrade Advisor will allow users to analyze the configuration of their existing database services and database applications As a result of this analysis Upgrade Advisor will provide reports that identify deprecated features and necessary configuration changes that will impact their Database upgrade process Upgrade Advisor will also provide links to documentation that Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Upgrade Advisor - CTP June Refresh describe these changes and necessary steps to complete the process System Requirements Supported Operating Systems Windows Windows Advanced Server Windows Professional Edition Windows Server Windows Server Windows Server Service Pack Windows Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Upgrade Advisor - CTP June Refresh Small Business Server Windows XP Home Edition Windows XP Media Center Edition Windows XP Professional Edition Windows XP Tablet PC Edition PC with Intel or compatible Pentium III MHz or higher processor Minimum of MB of RAM MB of available hard disk space http www microsoft com downloads f - e- ac - e -f e bf amp DisplayLang en Regards eddie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-sql-server-2005-upgrade-advisor-ctp-june-refresh.383534/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi everyone I am an Accounts Supervisor with basic knowledge of computer networking and Network server" found Printer "not Daily... on I have a minor but annoying problem Network Printer "not found on server" Daily... I have some printers in different departments that a dozen or so people use and everyday these particular printers go offline-the message i get is quot Printer not found on server unable to connect quot Our IT guy is on vacation and he s not responding to my emails so I m taking the task of quot fixing quot this These are Dell printers s running on Dell Optiplex XP Pro SP I installed these printers on our server using the quot remote quot feature on the installation disk I ve inputted the IP address and clicked quot install quot It ll work for a bit then go offline then I would have to reinstall the driver on the server again and then the connection from the local machines to the server would be fixed Why are the local machines losing their connections to the server and how can I fix this issue without having to reinstall the drivers everytime Thank you in advance for your assitance -afs - nbsp

A:Network Printer "not found on server" Daily...

Hi, you said, "These are Dell printers 1815's running on Dell Optiplex 320, XP Pro SP 2." If that is the case, you need to do a local install and share the printers.

Basically, if the printer is directly connected to a PC with a USB or LPT cable, then I would be surprised that a remote install with IP address even works.

If the printer is connected directly to the network with a network cable only, then you may have bad network cables or may need to change the port on the switch/hub.

With the information I have, this would be the first things I would check.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-not-found-on-server-daily.597252/
Relevancy 69.23%

We changed from cable to dsl wireless the other day and I can't get my printer to work. We have it on a print server. (dlink). I probably have to change some numbers or something but I'm not sure what or where. Can anyone help me? The printer is an HP photosmart all in one C4100 series. The router is a dlink.
Thank You

Relevancy 69.23%

Okay, I'm looking to use one printer for up to 4 computers in my house on my wireless network. What is the cheapest solution here? Im thinking I have to buy one of those "Print Servers" from newegg.com but I'm really clueless on the subject. Would like to do this as cheap as possible.. K, thanks

A:Print Server

The simplest & cheapest way would be sharing the printer.

If you're running XP...........http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/honeycutt_july2.mspx

If not XP..........http://www.microsoft.com/windows98/usingwindows/work/articles/906Jun/Shareprinter.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-server.416811/
Relevancy 69.23%

I'm setting up a print server and i need to wipe the two drives it has but they both have windows NT server on them pass protected and the bios doesn't allow for boot from CD and ways around this with out opening up my compy to reformat them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-server.778916/
Relevancy 69.23%

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=333060&ref=cj#ts

I have a wireless network at home right now and i'm sharing my printer through my desktop. What I want to do is make the printer a network printer without having to share it through the desktop so that i don't need to always have it on when i want to print from my laptop. I know print servers are more expensive than this, but i don't really know too much about this stuff and maybe someone can help me out. I know it says its a print server, but i just wanted to make sure and see if anyone has used something like this to make a printer a network printer on a wireless network. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 69.23%

Hi there

I have istalled a IOgear usb print server. Everything is working fine apart from the fact that the actual printing is very very slow. I have 2 xp machines connected to it.

Any suggestions very much appreciated

Thanx

Iain

A:Print server

your connection to the printer is the issue. if you have a WIRELESS connection,
then you will be limited in two ways: the wireless limit + any encryption on the connection.

if at all possible, wire the printer to any system and then just print-share it with
others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/print-server.75903/
Relevancy 69.23%

How can I get around a print server?

I have a cheap usb Lexmark X1150 printer. In past I installed this printer to my server pc. Sharing the printer with the network.

I would like to share the printer with the network without using the server pc or a print server.

What I would like to do is use a USB to ethernet adapter, attaching my printer to my Dlink DI-624 router.

I don't have a the adapter yet...

Will this work?

Any help or other ideas would be great.

Thanks.

A:How can I get around a print server?

Highly unlikely unless this is some peripheral from Lexmark. You'll either have to have something connected to the printer (a computer with an OS) or a print server. Something has to actually "share" the printer out and know how to handle your print jobs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-get-around-a-print-server.18169/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi
My print server will not connect to my computer through my new wireless router.
When I type in the IP address in the browser nothing comes up. How can I make it connect?

Relevancy 69.23%

I have PCs A Compaq SR HM Running Vista Home Basic SP a Dell Dimension B XP Home SP a Dell Dimension Running XP Home SP an HP Pavillion Celeron running XP home SP I want to set up the HP Pavilion to act soley as a Using PC Server Print as old printer server for two printers and all of the computers What I am trying to accomplish is not having to have all the computers turned on so that One can use either printer Laser Inkjet the Pavilion will not need a monitor keyboard or mouse once set up unless trouble shooting or updates are needed No Problem turn on File and Printer Sharing for all Haven t tried to install SP on the Pavilion don t know if it will even work on this PC My Question is after having all the necessary updates to XP on the pavilion how do I disable internet access only on this computer while still keeping access to rest of my home network At the moment I am using a Linksys RTP voip router as my router with out the telephone service enabled as my network router Or is this possible I am not using the router firewall I am instead using the Windows Firewall on all computers Also the Pavilion is not presently connected though I have had it on my home network with both of the Dells before Print and file sharing with this computer works Any Suggestions are appreciated and TIA for any help nbsp

A:Using old PC as Print Server

Just don't configure a default gateway on the HP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-old-pc-as-print-server.758218/
Relevancy 69.23%

dear friends, pls tell me what is a print server, and also tell me the installation and sharing procedure of a plotter.

A:print server

Howdy sandheep...

Well...

There are Hardware Print Servers that basicaly control the flow of data from pc's to printers. Then there are Software Servers that will control the flow, drivers and anything else you configure them to do from pc to printer...

A Plotter is basically a printer, set it up as you will a printer ( via the software )...

And...for some reason I think this is a test question...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-server.531532/
Relevancy 69.23%

Can some please walk me through in how to set up a print server? Networking isn't my strength so I would appreciate it if you could explain it in easy terms. Thanks for all of your help.

Thanks!

P.S. I have searched the posts already but they are too difficult to understand.

Relevancy 69.23%

I recent received a netbook. I installed a Netgear RangeMax Wireless Router (very nice btw). I am running Vista on my PC and XP on my netbook. My Printer is an old LaserJet 6p.
Okay, so I have the router set up just fine, but here is the rub. I set-up a linksys router for my sister-in-law and was able to send docs to the printer without any trouble. My netgear is not as forthcoming with this ability... I assumed all routers assisted with the capacity unequivically...
Am I missing something.
I set my printer up on my PC to be shared. But my netbook can't seem to find it...
What do I need to do?
Any and all help, tips, and links would be appreciated!
I've browsed (googled) but I am not sure if I need to create a print server on my PC or if I am missing something very obvious...
Thanks!

A:Print server?

if you wire it like this
Code:

modem---router#1-----router#2
then systems attached to router#2 can reach anything on router#1
BUT not the converse.

remove the cable from the WAN side of router#2 and move it to the LAN side.
login to router #2 and disable the DHCP server.

Router#1 will then control all IP address assignments and all systems will have the same
first three portions of the IP address, eg 192.168.0.x

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/print-server.140586/
Relevancy 69.23%

Howdy folks,

I have an Elite Silicon 4-port USB server that I used to have connected to my router when using W7. Since upgrading to W10 (x64 Pro) I haven't needed to use it but SWMBO is whining about having to turn my PC on to use the Epson sat in my office so I thought I'd connect it up again.

Firstly, W10 doesn't see the device at all - no beeps when I connect it and can't see it when doing a scan for devices - and secondly the drivers won't install from the CD. They are the latest drivers but several years old so I guess maybe not compatable with W10?

If anyone has a suggestion to get this deice working I'd be happy to hear about it. Alternatively, does anyone have a print server running under W10 that they can recommend?

TAI

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/43790-print-server.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all,

I have printer servers pointing to several printers, and users of course will go to the print server. We will be upgrading the network and there will be IP changes for everyone, including the printers and print server.

My question is, after the printers and print server IP addresses changed, does the user end PC need to do anything?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-server-ip-changes.694788/
Relevancy 69.23%

I am trying to connect a wireless print server to an Actiontec M1000 Single Port Wireless DSL Modem. Currently The modem is hooked directly to a desktop computer. My equipmemt is

Desktop Computer that has no wireless card
2 laptops that can connect through wireless
Actiontec M1000 Single Port Wireless DSL Modem
Linksys Wireless-G PrintServer

My question is how can I hook the print server up so I can print from all three computers? Do I need to throw a router or switch into the mix? Can someone tell me the best way to hook everything up?

Thank you,

Kneo

A:Print Server Help

The way the wireless print server works is it should authenticate on your existing wireless network. These can be a pain to setup as you have to get that working and then install the printer as a network printer through the print server. These almost always come with a cd that you run to help you configure them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-server-help.802832/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have to configure one of my old print server that works with only with ARP to setup the IP address.

My PC (and the network) IP address range is 192.100.100.25 with subnet 255.255.255.0
My Print server MAC address is : 00-05-5d-5a-04-54

I want to assign the printer server IP address 192.100.100.50 and I tried the following DOS command from my XP

ARP -s 192.100.100.50 00-05-5d-5a-04-54

The command works successful, but I can not ping from my PC to Print Server.

I assume that I need to assign teh subnet also? If it is then how can I assign a subnet using ARP command?

Tks

Relevancy 69.23%

I use a D-Link 704P router. It came with software and instructions for Win 9X ME 2K, nothing for XP and same on website. Since putting in XP Pro don't know how to install the printer using the router port. I got it useable for the network by hooking it to one of the computers with a USB cable, all can print now but the "server" it is on has to be running, that is the PC that was USB'ed to it. All use the router printer port now, don't need the USB.

Anyone know how to point XP towards the print server port the right way?

Relevancy 69.23%

Hello all i am after a print server not worryed if it is wireless or wierd that is not a problem! What i am wanting is that i can print straight to the server using the printer drivers on the computer and no aditional software if there is any out there. E,g like printing through the network to anouther computer and letting that do the printing thanks for any advice Steve
P.s it has to be usb as i already have a intel Parrale one chears agane

Relevancy 69.23%

I have trouble installing a HP Color LaserJet N printer has JetDirect Printer Server N with IP address of to my XPpro PC I was stuck when Add Printer Wizard ask me to specific a Printer I selected Browse for a printer and came up with nothing no printer I tried selecting Connect to this printer but I do not know what name to type in Example is server printer I tried selecting Connect Printer Can to printer Windows card) a XPpro C8550N Server HP install LJ not (with to a printer on the Internet or on a home or office network but I do not what URL to type in Example is http server printer myprinter printer Therefore I cancelled the installation I had then installed its Printer Utility The utility is capable of finding the printer and showing me it s Properties However I still ended up with no printer listed to use in Printers and Faxes So XPpro is a step backward in this case I could install this printer with printer server on W ME because their Add Printer Wizards allow me to use either the IP address or the hardware address to locate the printer server I hope I have described my problem well Please help Randy nbsp

A:Can not install a HP LJ C8550N printer (with Printer Server card) to Windows XPpro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-install-a-hp-lj-c8550n-printer-with-printer-server-card-to-windows-xppro.201520/
Relevancy 68.8%

ONE OF MY PRINTERS IS NOT WORKING BECAUSE OF SOME PROBLEM WITH ZOT 525 PRINT SERVER. IF ANYONE HAS COME ACROSS AN ISSUE LIKE THIS, AND HAS BEEN ABLE TO RESOLVE IT, KINDLY SHARE WITH ME. I COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING INFORMATORY ON THE NET.
THANKS

A:Zot 525 Print Server Not Functioning

Please do not use all caps when posting this is considered the same as yelling and is also considered by some to be rude. What printer are you using? What are your system specs? Things such as Mobo, Processor, Ram, Video, OS, the usual. If you add your system specs to your Signature and you have other questions people can look at your system and help much easier.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zot-525-print-server-not-functioning.194601/
Relevancy 68.8%

Will USB print servers return ink levels to the computer either through the normal printer monitor or through the IP address?

Will this happen in a networked printer like an Epson Workforce 40?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-server-ink-return.864345/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello, I am in the IT dept in my company, and I am having trouble figuring out how to fix a printer issue. One of our locations recently had their Ricoh printer swapped out for a newer Ricoh, and now nobody can print to it. If they try to print from an application, it will crash the application, and a test print will fail as well. I am however able to print a test page from the server that the printer is shared from.
I have tried the following so far:
- Removing the printer from a client PC and adding it again
- Manually removing the print driver and reinstalling it
- Reinstalling the drivers on the server using an updated Universal Print driver from Ricoh's website

Thanks in advance for any suggestions anyone has.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/380327-can-print-server-but-not-clients.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I get an error saying OS not supported. Also, I am running XP on my other partition, so I don't think exporting drivers will fly.

A:Linksys Print Server

Is this Print server Vista certified?

I know that there were firmware updates released to make some models work with Vista, Check with linksys to see if this applies to you model

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/3457-linksys-print-server.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I wanted to remove my printers from a dedicated PC and bought a print server The D-Link Server dummies Print for DP- U I thought that I understood the setup but now I m not sure In theory is it so that I map to IP adress to one below or above the PCs on my router and then once I have that I have three IP ports P P and U This thing has LPT parallel ports and one USB port My router is working around Print Server for dummies addresses etc The server is delivered as and one is to remap this to quot be the same quot as the network So I installed the SW opened the GUI and mapped the thing to Then I went through an quot add printer quot routing using steps to create a new TCP IP port and then I typed in as instructed in the setup guide then quot custom quot LPR etc and the driver and then finish This worked I did the same for a USB printer on the server Now when I want to get to these printers from a different PC I ran into trouble Do I understand this correctly that I created quot PORTS quot to map to and tell MS to quot search quot for printers on PS-AE CF PS-AE CF -P P U However when I do that thething lights up like a christmas tree and hangs I can quot see quot the print server in network neighborhood but when I click on it MS says it is not online Maybe I really should retire Any patient help appreciated expat nbsp

A:Print Server for dummies

Did you simply try manually specifying the type of printer rather than searching?

http://www.dlink.com/products/support.asp?pid=166&sec=0#quickInstallGuides

Step 2 implicitly says de-select automatically detect plug-n-play printer.

I believe you have to manually specify your printer type, and by trying to use plug-n-play to detect the printer you're sending LPQ enquiry (which was originally meant for the good old fashioned parallel port interface)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-server-for-dummies.522523/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have two old HP parallel port only printers that are just wonderful They are the absolute cheapest to operate at less six-tents of a penny a page and more dependability could never be expected from any device I ve been looking at print servers the internal one made especially for my printers and other external ones made to work with any parallel port printer My last experience with generic those not made for a specific Server Info Print Please printer print servers was that they would run out of memory and Print Server Info Please quit a print job at the point the buffer was full For that reason I sort of considered them second rate parts and never used Print Server Info Please them Print Server Info Please again That was about years ago Occasionally I will send - to -page print jobs to the printer and it prints it just fine start to finish without a hitch If the print servers still suffer from this buffer problem I don t want to waste my time finding out the hard way Question Do today s generic print servers from reputable companies like Linksys Netgear etc still suffer from these buffer problems or have they solved that nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

I am trying to install a WPS54GU2 print server but no luck, the initial set up does not even find the print server. I have tried both parallel and usb. The green lite for both parallel and usb are on, so the print server is finding the printer (hp 5550). I have double checked the cable set up. I don't know what else to do. The lite for the lan is showing green also. Running winxp. Please help don't know what else to do.

pbearseven

A:WPS54GU2 print server

Have you tried changing the intial setup to include all print servers not just new unconfigured print servers?

Also here is a link to the manual - ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pdf/wps54gu2_ug.pdf

In there in Appendix A it tells you how to force it back to factory defaults.

Also another questions are you using a wireless router or a WAP to connect to this Wireless print server? Is this linksys as well or another brand are you using encryption of any kind?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wps54gu2-print-server.355757/
Relevancy 68.8%

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/3888187

I have 2 USB printers. Can I hook a USB hub to the one USB input to enable more printers? Or should I look for a different printer server?

A:Print server question

I doubt that a USB print server will deal with a hub, they're pretty simple devices. Of course, you could try it just for kicks, but I'm betting it will choke on it. I think you need one with two USB connections, or just a second print server. Of course, you could also just connect the printer to a computer and share it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-server-question.235993/
Relevancy 68.8%

I am setting up a small network and have an opportunity to buy a new Xircom Pocket Ethernet Print Server IIps for a really cheap price.

What is involved in setting up a print server? Do they need drivers as I cannot find any XP drivers for this model??

Thanks for any thoughts

A:Setting up a Print Server

I think you'll have to install LPR print support on your O/S for that device to work, it's a pretty old product. If it's real cheap, it may be worth a look, but currently supported print servers aren't that expensive...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-a-print-server.101788/
Relevancy 68.8%

i have recently installed a wireless network in my house and have added a wireless printer server as an acompaniment.

Basically i followed the install inctructions to the book and it works!! yay!

but when loading a document, or clicking file->print (for example) this takes a long time to load and the actual printing takes quite a while to initialise.

does anybody know anyway to fix this and speed things up?

i am using a dlink 108.2g mimo print server, id numbers and other stuff to follow.

harry

Relevancy 68.8%

I am using an AXIS Model 560/100 print server that only works with Windows 98. I have upgraded my PC and am now using XP Pro. Does anyone know of an inexpensive print server device I can get to replace this Axis Model 560/100 ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-server-replacement.283341/