Windows Support Forum

WLan cmd program, like vista netsh wlan

Q: WLan cmd program, like vista netsh wlan

Is there a internal or external cmd program that has the same functioninality like vista netsh wlan command.
netsh wlan is not included in xp and the netsh from vista doesnt work in xp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: WLan cmd program, like vista netsh wlan

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 104.92%

Windows 8 64

hi guys

to date all my networking needs are just fine

though I do have just one last loose end to tie up with the adhoc wifi it just fails after sleep

would you have a solution?

much appreciate it

thanks guys

A:netsh wlan hostednetwork fails after sleep

You might try turning off the power saving features by going into the wireless NIC's settings.

You can also try using the connectify software which can turn on the hosted network at start up and might help with the sleep problem.

Download - Connectify

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/22589-netsh-wlan-hostednetwork-fails-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 104.06%

Hi

I'm creating as virtual network on my PC using netsh wlan commands and it's working great. However, at this point a need came to me to force a particular IP to a MAC address. Ofcourse it will be an IP that is allowed. All I need is to force a connecting device (with a static MAC) to have the same IP every time they connect to my virtual network.

Is this doable?

Lucas

A:Force an IP to a MAC on virtual network (using netsh wlan command)

How are IP addresses assigned in this network? Everything depends on that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/350770-force-ip-mac-virtual-network-using-netsh-wlan-command.html
Relevancy 104.06%

If I try to run the command:

Code:
netsh wlan show profiles
even if I run the command prompt with administrative privileges, I receive back:

Code:
Function WlanGetProfileList returns error 5:
Access is denied.
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

A:netsh wlan show profiles: Access is denied

When you have cmd open have you right clicked and clicked properties and under the security tab see what it says for user profiles(full control, read/write)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/352713-netsh-wlan-show-profiles-access-denied.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi,
I've been using the Hostednetwork from the netsh wlan commands for a long time . Now I've got a Intel Galileo Gen2 with a linux system running on it, but when I tried to access the hostednetwork from it, it returned with an error that the DHCP server doesn't
response. So I had a look at the "ipconfig -all" in cmd, it says that the DHCP service of "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter" is disabled. I don't know how to enable it.
BTW, my phone works well with the hostednetwork, and my computer's wireless card is working well and its DHCP service is enabled.
Any help?
THANKS

A:Unable to start DHCP Service for the Hostednetwork from netsh wlan

Hi Rabbit.Chaser,
Are you working with a hostednetwork (netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=YourVirtualNetworkName  key=YourNetworkPassword)on a Windows 7 machine and you want to connect to the hostednetwork from a Linux system? Can we connect to the hostednetwork
from the Linux system before?
Have you tried to restart the hostednetwork?
To restart the hostednetwork:
"netsh wlan stop hostednetwork"
"netsh wlan stop hostednetwork".
If the issue persists, we could try to recreate the hostednetwork to have a check.
Considering the other devices worked well with the hostednetwork, I suspect there may be a compatibility issue here. We could try to ask for help from the Linux Forum.
Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact [email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/34796ddc-2d7a-4e10-ac1a-79049b226145/unable-to-start-dhcp-service-for-the-hostednetwork-from-netsh-wlan?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 95.89%

I am setting up a new wireless router and new laptop.

The laptop sees the WLAN (name) in Control Panel -> Networking -> Sharing and Network, but this WLAN (name) does not show up in the laptop's 'WLAN selector list' when I click on the network icon that's in the system tray.

I hope my description, above, makes sense. If so, does this problem description suggest an area of configuration that I have done incorrectly?

Thanks for any hints.

A:WLAN in Control Panel but not in system tray WLAN list

The new router needs to be setup with the SSID not hidden. Also the router needs to be set for the same type of wireless that the devices use.

It is also helpful when you post these kind of questions, to include system info in your profile and also manufacture and model of the router.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70949-wlan-control-panel-but-not-system-tray-wlan-list.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hey Ok so here is the problem a month and a half ago the laptop wouldn t WLAN device manager is is says disabled, says enabled! WLAN Laptop turn on it goes and gets fixed and the power supply wasn Laptop says WLAN is disabled, device manager says WLAN is enabled! t returned today we finally receive the power supply which caused month of the waiting So I plug it up and everything goes on fine and dandy however the laptop will not receive an Internet connection and it says that the wireless LAN is disabled the laptop is a Presario v Compaq which has a button on the front of the laptop which enables and disabled the wireless LAN the button is currently set to enabled however the button is jammed on enable and it has an Amber light so I can t turn it on and off I went to device manger then network adapters and acording to that the WLAN is enabled but the laptop is telling me it s disabled is there any way I can fix this or will it have to get sent away again I hope the question makes sense Laptop says WLAN is disabled, device manager says WLAN is enabled! I m only so I m not the best when it comes to computers I also badly need the laptop fixed because I need it for school and I am currently posting this question using my iPhone nbsp

A:Laptop says WLAN is disabled, device manager says WLAN is enabled!

Well, if the button isn't toggling the wireless state, you may have to send it away again. What do you mean the button is "jammed"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-says-wlan-is-disabled-device-manager-says-wlan-is-enabled.932858/
Relevancy 89.87%

I have an open thread in the Networking section Here s the link http forums techguy org networking -wan-connection-but-no-wan- html post I m posting here for Issues problems and or solutions DIRECTLY related to MALWARE For solutions related to Networking please post to the link above NO Internet WLAN WLAN over but Connected Basic details of WLAN Connected but NO Internet over WLAN what s going on I can connect to and access EVERYTHING WAP Router Switch Printer NAS Other computers etc while connected over WLAN I cannot connect to the INTERNET WLAN Connected but NO Internet over WLAN over WLAN Although it DOES say quot Internet Access quot I CAN connect to everything including Internet when connected over LAN Other computers CAN connect to the Internet using this WAP but this is NOT A LOCAL NETWORKING ISSUE PLEASE don t post Networking questions or solutions on this thread Please refer to the link above for ALL Networking questions unless they are DIRECTLY related to MALWARE Pertinent Software Installed on this system Win Ultimate x AVG Free NO Virus found Ad-Aware Free v No issues found Windows Firewall Disabled for Troubleshooting Windows Defender Disabled for Troubleshooting NO OTHER FIREWALL S W Installed NO VPN S W Installed Netgear s VPN SW is not compatible with Win x and was removed NO BLOATWARE Installed All preloaded Bloatware was removed on day FireFox IE x amp x v Any programs Bloatware VPN etc which were removed were removed using Revo Uninstaller and their Registry Tracks were deleted NO NEW S W was added or removed just prior to this problem arising ScanNow Results C gt sfc scannow Beginning system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations Click to expand HJT Results Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil l ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x HJT Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com CQNOT R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com CQNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com CQNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLive... Read more

Relevancy 89.87%

Hi,
My internet is through WLan while I have to connect to the intranet using the lan. I want all my Internet traffic in wlan. But it's not working. Whenever I enable both wlan and LAN, all the Internet requests go to LAN and so can't use Internet.

How to configure my system (with XP SP3) so that all the internet traffic/requests use WLan as first choice instead of LAN ?

Relevancy 89.87%

I m having a near identical problem Perfect connectivity to Network amp Internet via LAN Ethernet Perfect connectivity to Network Including ALL Hardware Router Switch Printer NAS other NO WLAN but Connection, WLAN Internet computers via WLAN both the onboard mini-PCIe card as well as an external USB WiFi Adapter ABSOLUTELY NO INTERNET via WLAN same results for both onboard and external adapters Here s my computer model and some specs Compaq CQ - US Win Ultimate x GB RAM Atheros AR Latest Driver Installed v FireFox IE x amp x Versions I do NOT have ANY Toolbars in my browsers I do have some Add-ins in FireFox which quot could quot affect internet connectivity but WLAN Connection, but NO WLAN Internet I believe they are configured properly and as I ve already stated I have PERFECT Internet connectivity via LAN just NONE via WLAN Besides all of the quot Obvious quot things to try I ve also uninstalled this card amp driver multiple times Allowed Windows to re-install AND forced manual re-installation and installed the driver application from Atheros I ve also performed multiple quot IPConfig release renew quot attempts which have not produced a solution Windows Network Diagnostic gives this result quot Your broadband modem is experiencing connectivity issues quot NOT TRUE but went thru their troubleshooting steps anyway to no avail I m completely stumped as to what s causing this problem and how to remedy it I m fairly convinced that it s a setting problem in Win not the browser or Hardware I ve tried WiFi connectivity to other available Networks and can connect Says quot Connected quot and quot Internet Access quot but am NOT able to browse the internet I ve attached a file with all IPCONFIG Ping Some Router Settings and a short list of pertinent programs Any REAL Help would be greatly appreciated REAL help is NOT quot Unplug your modem and then plug it back in quot or anything like that If you re a tech person please review the attached file before advising Thank you very much in advance JSLM nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

I have recently installed a build of windows vista, and I am trying to install drivers for any of my linksys utilities. I have a standard pci ethernet nic (linksys), a USB linksys ethernet device, and a pci wireless 54G v.4.0 (this is the linksys card I am really trying to install). Through some research I am under the understanding that my linksys is a ralink chip. I have installed every driver from their site, and nothing is picking up. I have run the setups and manually tried to search through folders, windows will not pick up no matter what. I have read that other people had success with these drivers, so if anybody has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
Adam

A:wLan Vista RTM

There may not be a Vista compatible driver for your hardware, that's one of the issues with a new version of Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-vista-rtm.535615/
Relevancy 82.56%

I have an Orange Livebox.

Having trouble connecting my Vista laptop, I called the helpline and they instructed me to change the settings on the Livebox router as this was needed to work with Vista - solved the problem.

I now wish to use an XP laptop as well, but don't wish to upset the Vista settings on the router. XP won't connect.

Anyone had similar issue - or know of common setting for both XP and Vista?

Thanks

A:XP & Vista on same WLAN

Do this on each of the computers while they're connected to the Orange box.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-vista-on-same-wlan.663409/
Relevancy 81.7%

I m in uni accomodation and there s one network slot in the room which connects me up to the building s network and the time in and same vista at the LAN WLAN internet LAN and WLAN at the same time in vista I m not joining a network here just popping in the cable and I have internet Now this PC which is connected to the network is effectively my TV but I thought it d also be clever to use it as a router and create an ad-hoc network to share it with my mac laptop My PC running vista has the lan network and the wireless card these are both bridged Then it connects to an-hoc wireless network which my laptop can see and that s all successful My macbook then gets the internet so clearly that s working successfully However the PC then disconnects and lists the network as local only although it still passes through the internet connection to the mac and the internet no longer works on the PC What I want is this solution but with the internet on the PC working and despite having a local connection between the two it to remained connected to the internet I guess it must be if it is passing the connection but why does the internet not remain And as a final aside when I set a wpa- personal password for the ad-hoc network the only option available and try to connect the mac it always says invalid password Thanks in advance for your help ed nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-and-wlan-at-the-same-time-in-vista.768858/
Relevancy 81.7%

im new to asking vista in stutter causes Wlan help from forums i know my english is not best possible thank you for understanding This is driving me crazy Im using vista Wlan causes stutter in vista home premium bit on my acer aspire laptop Problem is crackling noises in audio glitches in video and mouse stutter These problems appear ONLY when wlan indicator flashes For example im downloading something on the background and watching some video but when i quit downloading either by pressing wlan off or closing download everything continues smoothly Another example im watching something on youtube Glitching stuttering and crackling last just as long as video loads When video is fully loaded and wlan indicator stops flashing playback is perfect And finally its not just video if wlan indicator flashes opening websites chatting in msn lan or internet games my mouse stutters and ALL audio is messed up even if no video I dont have a cable to try without wlan I have done full virus scan with aviras latest updates all clean I have tried to close firewall too but no effect Wlan card is intel wifi if i remember right and there are no newer driver than what i have now and i have tried reinstalling the same version i have Thank you for any assistance for advance Just ask if you need more info

A:Wlan causes stutter in vista

hi and welcome try here to update your driver http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filt...3&submit=Go%21 this is the latest version it cant hurt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wlan-causes-stutter-in-vista-362327.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi folks,

I am brand new here and would like to pick someones brain. I am stuck with a issue that I cannot work out.

I have a Sony Varo Laptop using Vista Home Premium 32 bit OS. I am unable to autoconect to networks [Windows cannot find any networks] each time that I want to use wireless, unless I manully alter the advanced setting of my Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN [Wireless Mode] Value to 802.11a/b/g. Each time I reboot the machine it sets the [Wireless Mode] Value dafaults to 802.11a. Can anyone please assist?

Steve

A:WLAN issues with Vista

follow the steps below, clicking Refresh network list after each step until your wireless network appears:

* get as close to your router as possible (eg Livebox or Siemens wireless router)
* make sure your wireless adaptor is turned on. You may need to do one, or a combination of the below:
o move the Wireless switch on your computer to ON (if present)
o plug in an external wireless adapter (after installing software)
o right-click on the icon representing your wireless device, and select Enable, Radio On, or similar (if present)
o if you have a laptop, press Fn and then the ?function? button (eg F2) which has a wireless symbol
o if you're having problems, consult the product's documentation for specific details
* click diagnose why Windows can't find any networks (shown in the above screenshot)
o if Windows displays an option with a shield (like in the example below) click on this option to allow Windows to fix the problem automatically
o click Start then Connect to
o you may need to repeat this several times until the problem's fixed

If still unable to view your wireless network, or Windows is unable to fix the problem:

change the channel of your router (if you're able to set up a wired connection)

factory reset your router

Vista doesn't correctly interpret Windows 2003 GPO settings for Wireless. Remove any WLAN policies from your GPO's and then it will begin working properly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wlan-issues-with-vista-230025.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I want to create the WLAN enviroment to play multiplayer games. Two of my laptops, One has XP(SP2) and another one has Vista Home premium. Please give the step by step procedures so that i can create the WLAN enviroment between the two laptops of my own successfully.

A:WLAN connection between XP and Vista

Define an ad-hoc wireless network on one PC.

Define the same ad-hoc wireless network on the other PC.

Decide whether you want the PCs to be assigned AutoConfig IP addresses or whether to assign static IPs. If the latter, do it.

Configure firewalls to allow the desired access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-connection-between-xp-and-vista.728126/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello,

I have a DLink DIR 615 hard-wired to my NAS drive and I connect to my home network through WLAN. The questions I have is - why is the download from my network drive slower than download speed from the web.

For tests, I initiated a download of 1G+ file from Oracle website and it took me < 15 mins. But when I tried to download the file from my NAS drive, it took me almost 1Hr.

Wondering why such a difference and if it can be fixed/tweaked.

Thanks in advance,
AbbY

A:WLAN intranet dnld vs WLAN internet dnld

Perhaps your NAS is simply slower at moving data out. Maybe you could try connecting with a wire to your DIR 615, effectively making it a switch, and seeing if that affects the transfer speed from your NAS. Or, even better, try a different Ethernet switch, with just your NAS and one computer hooked together. If you still get slow tranfer speeds, then probably either your NAS doesn't support any higher speeds or there is a setting in it that needs changed. If you do this and the transfers go more quickly, then it is probably some setting in your DIR 615 that is causing problems. Or maybe other users were using up bandwidth at the same time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-intranet-dnld-vs-wlan-internet-dnld.1048403/
Relevancy 80.41%

Sorry to open a new thread but i've been googlin for hours now without solving anything and i have also s hared this forum but none of the threads i've found could help me yes i checked this but it didn't help So i have a Vista pc and a laptop that connect to the internet through my router one through ethernet and one via wi-fi I want to share folders from my Vista to my laptop through the router but windows seems to oppose with all its strength when i try to share it the simple quot share quot button is greyed out so i have to go to advanced sharing and share it with quot everyone quot When i try to access it from it blocks Vista and 7 - issues Sharing between wlan me telling me that i do not have enough authorizations although from there i can access the quot public Sharing issues - wlan between 7 and Vista quot folder Both the computers are in Workgroup Pretty much same thing from the other way around i share a folder with the group quot home quot try to access it from the pc ad it tells me to check if i wrote the address and folder name correctly What to do I tried disabling Comodo and Antivir but no luck Thank you in advance for your kind help

Relevancy 80.41%

I have recently bought a new PC (Below) with a Belkin N1 USB wireless adaptor. It has a quirk where if I leave the network connected when I shut down, it wont connect when I restart until I reset the IP or restart the adaptor. I can avoid this problem by disconnecting from the network before shutting down. unfortunately tend to forget to do this.

So my question is, is there a command I can add to a shutdown batch to disconnect from my WLAN before I shutdown?

Thanks.

Edit: Thought this would add my PC details below. I guess whats important is that I'm runnign Vista Home Premium.

A:Batch to disconnect from WLAN - Vista

Yeah you could try ipconfig /release all

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/batch-to-disconnect-from-wlan-vista.829320/
Relevancy 80.41%

I have the strangest problem which has frustrated me for days now.

The problem:

Windows 7 RC1 can't connect to my home WLAN, I have no problem connecting in Vista on the same machine. To make things stranger I can connect to other wireless networks in Windows 7 without problems.
My other laptop and all other computers in the house can access my wireless home network.

I tried:

- updating the network card's drivers in Vista, but they were up to date.
I then updated the firmware on my Linksys WRT54G (version 7) router to the latest official version. (My Linksys router is one of the few that is not supported by the open source alternative firmwares around for Linksys WRT54G routers)

I still can't connect. What should I do? This is driving me nuts!

Hardware: Dell Studio XPS 13 (XPS 1340)

A:Help! Windows 7 RC1 can't connect to my WLAN, Vista can

Try a newer Windows 7 build.... Like 7229 (PM others for links). but what a weird issue....

EDIT: sorry for the lame suggestion on top there ^^^...
Did you try installing the Vista driver IN 7????? Coz that way do the trick... IF it doesn't work, install it with compatibility mode (right click the driver update>Properties>compatibility>check the 1st checkbox and select "Vista (SP1)" then check whether it works or not if not then go my above suggestion....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/13061-help-windows-7-rc1-cant-connect-my-wlan-vista-can.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Im currently using Windows Vista, which i wasn't too happy about at the start, but who cares right now...
i have to use LAN if i want to use the internet becuase my WLAN on my laptop seems to have stuffed up. when using the "connect to a network" window, it seems that it can't connect to my router at all. the reason for this is that my security is WEP-Shared. I removed the current network, then tried to add it in manually, but i seems to come up with a "unexpected error occurred" with no error code, no nothing. (Screenshot attached.)
ideas anyone?

A:Solved: WLAN Problem Using Vista

Solved: a simple system restart seemed to fix it...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wlan-problem-using-vista.728347/
Relevancy 80.41%

My current WLAN Stick "T-Sinus 154" will not work on my new Vista 64 bit so i have to get a new one soon, which one would you suggest??? Which one supports x64?

Thanks in advance

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/196731-best-wlan-stick-vista-64bit.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi i need your help i have desktop computer with vista ultimate and asus wl 167g card and new laptop dell vistro with vista and with 1390 wlan card.I got perfect conection with internet sharing and wireless conectivity is excelent ,but the problem is that when i transfer files and folders that im shareing its going vary slow max 600kb/s .Please help me to resolve this problem.Thanks

Relevancy 79.55%

Hi All My network is comprised of a ADSL router and satellite notebooks As the router is out of reach at the other end of the house it is not connected directly to any computer One laptop is from my workplace and is set up for the Intranet Internet settings Laptop running XP Pro The other main laptop is my personal one and is Laptop running Vista home Premium The final laptop is an ancient brick running XP Home This computer has no integrated wireless and has an external USB wireless dongle I have a USB printer in XP/Vista WLAN Issues Sharing Solved: yet another room and Solved: XP/Vista WLAN Sharing Issues was finding it a pain to have to move backwards and forwards plug in print etc etc So I plugged in Laptop installed the printer shared it Solved: XP/Vista WLAN Sharing Issues and attempted to get it to show up on the other two laptops I simply cannot get the other two to find the printer or for a matter of fact anything else on that computer I figure that laptop s problem is the way it is set up for work but I can t figure out the Vista I know that Vista and XP have issues but I did everything I could find to fix it but it wouldn t work Thanks I realized that the two work groups were different thus my problem It works fine now nathan--AUS nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-vista-wlan-sharing-issues.812877/
Relevancy 79.55%

I am trying to connect to the internet from a dell axim x5
My pc runs win vista and the driver i got with the AGERE WLAN card does not support win vista
I have tried to find a driver that supports vista but have not had any joy.

Is it possible for me to set this up?

Any advice would be appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-aximx5-agere-wlan-to-pc-win-vista-307160.html
Relevancy 79.55%

My computer (Lenovo Thinkpad T400, running Windows Vista) kept hanging at the shutting down screen and would't shut down unless I forced it. USB devices also weren't recognised when plugged in, or when unplugged and re-plugged in.

I ran a clean boot and isolated the WLAN AutoConfig service as the source of the problem. When I disable that, everything works fine, but then there's no wireless internet.

Any idea what could be going on? This has been driving me nuts the past few days. It started shortly after I created a new user account on the computer, though I think it only gave trouble a day or so later. I also updated the Lenovo Power Manager, but am unsure how that could be connected.

Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-cant-shut-down-when-wlan-autoconfig-is-enabled-657231.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I wish to use Windows Vista Backup and Restore utility to pipe my data over a WLAN to a backup drive on a Windows XP computer. The showstoper is the need for a user id and password. This is the message I get:

"You need full control permission for the network share. Make the user a co-owner, with Full Control. The network share cannot be on a computer running Windows XP Home. (0x8100002A)"

My two networked-machines are running Vista and the other is XP

It seems as if I can not backup my user data to an XP computer. Is this true?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/246274-backing-up-vista-files-over-wlan-xp-machine.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello,

I am in desperate need of help. I own a Compaq Presario V6000 Laptop that has Windows Vista Home Premuim installed on it. Needless to say I have had nothing but issues since purchase.

My most recent is that I get a Windows pop-up stating that my Broadcom WLAN, nVidia, and other drivers are not compatible with Windows. All of these devices and drivers came with computer. I no longer can connect to the internet or my home network wireless or hardwired.

Compaq suggests using the recovery disks. Microsoft (who takes no blame for a faulty OS of course) will do nothing to help the issue. If anyone has any good suggestions soon please let me know. Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/broadcom-wlan-and-other-driver-issues-in-vista-167917.html
Relevancy 78.69%

My OS is Vista Home Premium and I am trying to get my Hi Gain USB Wireless G Dish Network Adapter to work with it I contacted tech support and they told me to uninstall all programs that came with the product's installation CD because they are meant for XP Then they told me to download the vista drivers for the product from their website These are their instructions Steps for Installing Vista Drivers Download and install the drivers from our websitehttp www hawkingtech com downloads php file id Plug device into available USB port Vista will prompt with a message saying Found New HardwareSelect quot Locate and Install Driver software recommended quot Vista will come up with a screen that says insert disk Choose quot I don't have the disk show me other options quot A new screen will come up choose quot browse my computer for driver software advanced quot A new screen appears click browse Go to your local disk go to quot program files quot go to quot ZyDAS Technology Corporation quot go to quot Zydas g utility quot then select quot Wlan Premium: Drivers Home Usb Vista Can't Install InsDrvTemp USB quot The directory should be listed Now click on quot next quot Windows will search and a Windows Security Warning will come up Select quot Vista Home Premium: Can't Install Usb Wlan Drivers Install this Driver Software anyway quot Windows will do the rest and finish installing your hardware Now go to your windows networking and sharing center and manage the new wireless connection there The problem is that I can't get to step four Instead of being given the option quot I don't have the disk show me other options quot Vista automatically attempts to download the drivers from Windows Update I am not given any option to do otherwise Is there a way anyone can think to get around this I contacted tech support but their only solution was to email tech support again with information on my OS and product number and hope that they can find an answer

A:Vista Home Premium: Can't Install Usb Wlan Drivers

alow your computer to search for the drivers, a quick way to get around this to not be connected to the internet
after you have done that it should pop up saying windows could not find a driver you can then choose to install the driver from specific location,
then choose the driver they had you download. :-D

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123149/vista-home-premium-cant-install-usb-wlan-drivers/
Relevancy 78.69%

so my moms pc has been getting this problum were she can plugs the cable into the pc the pc shows it getting singnal but it wont connect to internet etc so can some one plz help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-vista-toshoba-wont-connect-to-lan-or-wlan.920897/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi I recently bought a HP s laptop from ebuyer co uk and have spent the day setting it up However the wireless access to the internet is temperamental It refuses to connect and I can t even access the router page I m using a BT Home Hub I restarted my router and won't to on connect laptop Vista Solved: internet HP WLAN then the laptop connected fine to it and the internet However I had to restart my laptop for updates and when it Solved: HP Vista laptop won't connect to internet on WLAN rebooted it refused to connect to the network and internet just as it had done in Solved: HP Vista laptop won't connect to internet on WLAN the first place When I check the network details it Solved: HP Vista laptop won't connect to internet on WLAN tells me the IPv and IPv is quot Limited quot I did some research and found somewhere that Vista isn t too great with wireless connections The built-in wifi is a Broadcom b g set up but apart from that I haven t found anything else out If I connect via Ethernet cable I can access the internet fine but I still can t connect wirelessly Any help would be greatly appreciated Tom nbsp

A:Solved: HP Vista laptop won't connect to internet on WLAN

Changes that may help to increase the compatibility of Vista with older networking devices:

Disable the IP Helper service:

1. Hold the Windows key and type R, enter "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Scroll down to the IP Helper service, right click on it and select Properties
3. In the dropdown box that says "Automatic" or "Manual", set it to Disabled and then click on "Apply"
4. Then click on "Stop" to stop the service from running in the current session
5. Click OK to exit the dialog

Disable IPv6:

1. Hold the Windows key and type R, enter "ncpa.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Right click on each network connection and select "Properties"
3. Remove the checkmark from the box next to "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
4. Click OK to exit the dialog

NOTE: You should do this for each network connection.

Disable the DHCP Broadcast Flag:

Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928233

Hold the Windows key and type R, enter regedit and press Enter.
Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}
In this registry path, click the (GUID) subkey to be updated.
If the key DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag does not exist, use the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value. In the New Value #1 box, type DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then press ENTER. If the key exists, skip this step.
Right-click DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
Close Registry Editor.
NOTE: You should do this for each and every GUID subkey.
NOTE2: (GUID) is a mnemonic for the individual subkeys, the actual text "GUID" does not appaer.

The only program I'm aware of that currently relies on IPv6 is the new Windows Meeting Space. The first 2 changes will cause that program not to work - but will leave all of your normal (IPv4) connections unaffected. If it causes problems that you can't overcome, simply revert back to the original settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-vista-laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-on-wlan.793951/
Relevancy 78.69%

Last semester my laptop running Vista would connect fine to the wireless network at university, but this semester I've run into trouble. It might have 3 bars of reception, but it will repeatedly prompt me for login details and never actually connect. As I said, it was fine last semester, and others in the same room can connect, just not me.

Any ideas? I tried IT support at uni, but the areas I'm talking about fall outside their range of tech support (even though there is 3 bars of reception there).

Thanks,

Benjamin

A:Vista laptop trouble connecting to university WLAN

So the connection works fine if you're in a building / area the IT department supports?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-laptop-trouble-connecting-to-university-wlan.738048/
Relevancy 78.69%

hi
i have a toshiba portege a100 and have upgraded to windows vista and need a driver for my wireless card.
the one i have doesn't work
can anyone help me
thanks
jon

A:Need Windows Vista WLan driver for Portege A100

Hello Jon

As you know Vista is officially not lounched and I presume on notebook manufacturers site the driver is still not available.

If you can identify which WLAN card is inside of your notebook check manufacturer support page. Usually they offer this stuff earlier as PC or notebook manufacturer.

Good luck!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?19416-Need-Windows-Vista-WLan-driver-for-Portege-A100
Relevancy 78.69%

(Vista)
have a Dell wireless WLAN UTILITY
Changed NDISUIO value from 2 to 3 .....problem remains
ran check disk utility...............no problems found
ran full virus scan........no virus detected
I can connect using LAN cable not problem at all
all else is ok with O/S....
Common problem but what is resolution...
PLEASE HELP...SOS

Relevancy 78.69%

Hello I have tried to search and find soloutions to this problem but I cannot work it out and it is driving me crazy Please HELP I have the common problem My vista wireless will connect to the network but only as local only and not to the internet This is rather strange because my XP desktop works fine and my Vista has been connecting to this for the last only Vista Problem / Connectivity Limited WLAN Local - year Vista WLAN - Limited Connectivity / Local only Problem with no problems Vista WLAN - Limited Connectivity / Local only Problem So far I have right clicked on properties and disabled the IPv I have updated the driver of the wireless and updated the firmware of the router I have run ipconfig all below if that helps Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users James gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name James-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom a b g WLAN Physical Address - A- -D - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - B- -E - A- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users James gt Please Help me fix this nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Hey Everybody,

I just got my new Dell Inspiron 1721 with Windows Vista and a Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card.

The Problem: I can not connect with the Internet via WLA.

I have no problems connecting with the cable. I have tried to connect via WLAN at various locations where I know the notebooks of my fiends and colleges have absolutely no problem.

The Software "Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility" finds all the networks in the "air" but Windows does not and I can not connect to any of them.

I would be VERY VERY happy if anybody knows a solution to this problems!

Thanks in advance!

lorrius

Relevancy 77.4%

with VISTA HOME BASIC 32BIT (laptop) may connect WLAN ( Thomson tg585 v7 modem/router) with VISTA 32BIT HOME PREMIUM (desktop) ? May share printer or files Wirelesslyif modem is connected to desktop ?

Basically what ever we do via cables/LAN we may do via wireless/WLAN for networking (with above PCs&Modem) ?

A:VISTA HOME BASIC 32BIT - WLAN - share printer or files, can I ?

this woulnt be a problem at all

you can do sharing just like you would wit cables

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/233153-vista-home-basic-32bit-wlan-share-printer-files-can-i.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I have an hp laptop running vista business os when trying to start services wlan zero configuration I get an error 1068 service can't be started need help fixing this error

A:vista business edition error 1068 can't start wlan zero configuration service

Try this link http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-error-1068-when-starting-wzc-94273.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433758/vista-business-edition-error-1068-cant-start-wlan-zero-configuration-service/
Relevancy 66.65%

So I got this WiFi adapter from EnGenius and it says it's missing a 802.11 n WLAN driver and I can't find it. Can someone help?

A:802.11 n WLAN

Hi: What is the model # of it? Also, please post the hardware ID for the device. To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on the 802.11n device needing the driver. Then click on the Details tab at the top of the device window. Now you will see a Property drop down list, and it will be set to Device Description. Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's). Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/802-11-n-WLAN/td-p/5805530
Relevancy 66.65%
Q: Wlan

Hi,
I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop in my office and it has 'Dell 1390 WLAN Minicard # 2' . I want to create a wireless network in my office using A/B/G/N Router. Here my doubt is can I connect the laptop to the router and browse the Internet wirelessly?
Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 66.65%

Hello All.

I have a Verizon FIOS Router in my basement on 192.168.1.x and I use its wireless signal for my laptop. Recently my wife made our 2nd floor guest room into a business room and now we want have a ethernet printer, desktop, and a laptop to connect to the network in the basement.

I'd like to save on cost and try to connect the two areas through a wireless connection. I have a WRT-54GL from a while ago. Is there a way to bridge this thing to the FIOS router in the basement? Ultimately, I want this WRT to act as a hub/switch for the ethernet devices and route the data to/from the FIOS router using wireless.

How would one go about this? I saw some information that said its doable with DD-WRT but I wanted to see what information I could get here first.

Thanks!

A:WLAN to WLAN

DD-WRT is probably the way to use that router for a wireless bridge, it won't do it with the native firmware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-to-wlan.895958/
Relevancy 66.65%
Relevancy 66.65%

Sorry to interrupt this thread but I WLAN WLAN to (2) have a very WLAN to WLAN (2) similar problem and thought I d share my experience I am trying to set my parents up with access to a wireless signal near them I can successfully connect to this with my laptop and decided to purchase a WET G bridge to enable their PC to connect - the PC cannot connect wirelessly as the signal is too weak in their lounge I have placed the nridge in the loft and have it connected to a directional external antenna I have a m Ethernet cable WLAN to WLAN (2) leading from the WLAN to WLAN (2) bridge to the PC All three LEDs on the bridge are lit - I believe this indicates power supply ethernet connection and that the bridge is connected to the wireless network The problem is at the PC end I think The connection has Limited or no connectivity I also can t access the web config of the bridge via the ethernet connection The web config page is only available when actually connected to the wireless network - same problem Wirelessboat is having I don t understand why I can t access this config page when directly connected via the ethernet cable Do I need to give the PC a static IP I have tried giving the bridge a static IP of but it is not accessible through the web browser Linksys technical support were useless Any help much appreciated and sorry again for butting in on Wirelessboat nbsp

A:WLAN to WLAN (2)

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread. Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-to-wlan-2.459350/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey, I'm using Windows Vista and i have annoying lagspikes when gaming which really tick me off.What would you recommend.Vista Anti Lag - http://vista-anti-lag.software.informer.com/WLAN Optimizer - http://www.martin-majowski.de/wlanoptimize...d=2&lang=enThank you for your time!

A:VAL vs WLAN

i would test both and pick and keep the one that suits you best and works the best. "The best choice comes from experience"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/307883/val-vs-wlan/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi.
I have a wireless adapter: Technical data - Edimax BR-6424N - Broadband router
and a USB wireless adapter: Edimax EW-7717 Un WLAN USB adapters Online mail order service for electronics and multimedia TECHNIKdirekt.de
Both by Edimax.

in this image you can see that I don't have N like the guy below me, how come?
Thanks.
Gil.

A:Why do I get G in WLAN instead of N?

Useful links for you to look through.

Edimax BR-6424n - Wireless IEEE802.11 b/g/n Broadband Router
http://www.edimax.co.uk/images/Image...-Manual_EN.pdf

Edimax EW-7717Un - Wireless 802.11n USB Adapter
http://www.edimax.co.uk/images/Image...anual-0710.pdf

I've had a quick look through the manuals. Check the Wireless mode setting of your USB adapter. The available options are 802.11 B/G mix, 802.11 B only, and 802.11 B/G/N mix (p56 of the PDF manual).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/75821-why-do-i-get-g-wlan-instead-n.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I am on a boat near a club which provides g access to their LAN via a Linksys WAP g gt amplifier gt external antenna Aboard the boat I have an external antenna lt amplifier lt Linksys WET g lt Linksys WRT GP The system on my boat was installed by a friend of a friend I can often connect to the club s WLAN but the operation of this system is awkward In terms of challenge this is way more complicated than just having a high output wifi card plugged into my laptop with a pigtail to the external antenna On the other hand I am getting nearly connection quality much of the time and I no longer have to deal with so many cables on the laptop Specifically I have some questions about the setup and configuration of this system I have made some screen captures of configuration panes on the laptop and wonder if I might be able to entice someone to review them This setup is not something you d see all the time I d imagine I could also take some screen caps of the Linksys WET G and WRT GP to share I am a novice to networking and it may be just some elementary oversight that is making this configuration more complicated than it needs to be I would really appreciate if I could make contact with WLAN WLAN to someone on this forum who is open to considering this setup so I can email a system diagram and screen caps I read somewhere on this thread that someone wanted to see the results of ipconfig all gt c results txt Here is what I get from that Windows IP WLAN to WLAN Configuration An internal error occurred The operation completed successfully Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help Additional information Unknown media status code On the other hand when I run the Diagnostic Tools from the Lenovo ThinkVantage quot Access Connections quot application I see the following Physical address mac address of my laptop s built-in wifi adapter IP address Subnet mask Default gateway DNS servers this was specified in configuration This indicates that I am pulling an IP from the shoreside connection that isn t the issue really The questions begin when I am sometimes not able to pull an IP from that on-shore LAN I think if WLAN to WLAN I enable DHCP on my router won t I lose the ability to connect to the wireless bridge I have to use the built-in web style configuration utility in the bridge to survey and connect to the shoreside network sometimes travel with the boat so I have that configured at The wireless router is set at I don t know what else to provide Thank you for your interest nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

My WLAN will not connect when i press the button it says No Wireless Device,I checked Device Manager and the only thing in my Network Adapters is NVIDA nForce10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet#2.When i do a search it finds Broadcom 802,11g Network Adapter and when i read its script it says Device Not Found The Device may not be present or could have been ejected/unplugged from the system.I am at a loss please help

Relevancy 66.65%
Q: Wlan

I am trying to connect to the internet by WLAN. Seem to have no luck.

Laptop spec;
Acer EX5620Z
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
Data Link Protocol; IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g

The router brand is Netgear.

Other people in the household can connect to the router but not myself. Any further details, please advise to get this sorted.

Thank you

Relevancy 66.22%

How to set the max no of clients in netsh wlan.I know how to reset but i want to change it e.g- say max clients to 10 or 15.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b41ef7c6-7f19-4b28-808d-53a0d34bd98d/wlan-hostednetwork?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi Folks I have a similar problem with my wireless connection I have a new DELL INSPIRION RUNNING ON WIN XP SP I connect to WLAN quite comfortably I have recently acquired a new IBM T laptop which I have formatted and loaded Win XP Service Pack and I am trying to connect to the same WLAN but when I locate my network and give my network id it says quot network password needs to be bits or bits depending on your network configuration This can be entered as or ascii characters or or hexa decimal characters quot My network key starts like SP- E and so on a total of characters I am told by my ISP guy that the encryption in my router is WPA He suggests I could change my encryption to WEP which I dont want to How do I connect this new laptop to the network Any ideas Do you think I need to manually convert this to a hexa decimal number In that case how to convert a minus sign Ive been breaking my head since long time plssss help Thanks guys in advance nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

I have recently lost internet connection after Upgraded my vista to serivce Pack 2. Except that my laptop gives me msg: exception Message-Acer system is not recognize. I have feeling that those two problem are connected.
the msg in relation with net connection: Windows could not start the wlan autoconfig sevice on local computer. Error: 0x80040154. So I type in command prompt ipoconfig/all and after pressing enter it says:
Wireless Lan adapeter wirless Network connection:
Media state: media disconnected
Connection specific NDS Suffix: Belkin
Physical Address 00-1E-4C-51-3C-88
DHCP Enabled yes
autoconfiguration anabled yes
Tunnel adapter Local Ara Connection
Media state: media disconnected
connection specific dns suffix
description isatatp. Belkin
Physical address: 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0
DNCP enabled No
autoconfiguration enabled Yes
Tunnel adapter local area connection
Media State Media disconnected
Description Reredo Tunnelig Pseudo- Interface
DHCP enabled
Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

anyone know how to fix my net connection??? Please help

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/267901-wlan-connection.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi
I read the post asking for complete information about hardware etc but I dont know how to find it all, I hope the info I have got is sufficient to answer my query.
I have just reinstalled Windows and seem to have mislaid many things that were previously installed, one of which is my wireless connection.
The operating system is Windows XP home and Device Manager tells me that the Ethernet controller has a problem with no drivers.
Everest home edition tells me that a Realtek RTL 8185 Wireless LAN adapter is fitted to PCI slot 1.
Now the difficulty: The Realtek web site gives the following options for this model
IEEE 802 11 a/b/g
802 11 b/g
802 11 b/g single chip
802 11 b/g/n
802 11 n
802 11/b
WLAN AP/Gateway controllers
Which of these drivers should I use with a Netgear DG 834 G v3 ?

regards
phil

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello- I have a HP DV1708nr laptop with XP. I reformatted the HD after I found out there was a suspected trojan. After the reformat, internet speed was sluggish and would take a long time to open up a page and sometimes locks up in the process. I used the HP home page to update all my drivers and other software it suggested. The HP hardware scan showed the Broadcom WLAN 802.11b/g status as failure. I wanted to see if there is anything I could do other than replace the WLAN. Thank you.

A:WLAN 802.11b/g not working

may be the trojan prblm will be still there try

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...sting-log.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wlan-802-11b-g-not-working-209449.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have an AMILO PRO V 2000 . Fujitsu Siemens laptop.

I am missing a file called wbutton.exe which ( I think) lets me turn on the wlan by pressing the button on the computer, I am missing the file and i can't find it.

I Do not have my repair cds and it is not in the launch folder or elsewhere on the computer

I may have removed it in a process search a few years ago, as i had no idea what it was doing.

Anyone know where i might find it?

Google searches just come up with utiliies to explain about wbutton.exe

I just got broadband and a wireless router and no access through my laptop.

Relevancy 66.22%

When i hit f12 only Bluetooth is getting enabled.WLAN stay disabled. Can someone pls tell me if i need to install any driver for to enable WLAN??

A:WLAN not getting enabled

Hello Hema_TS123, If you look in the bottom right hand corner where the time and date is do you see your wifi bars? If so, do they have a big red X over them or a star over them? Another way you can back sure your wifi is enabled is going to your device manager, under network adapters you want to find your wireless adapater and right click on that. You should see something that says enable. Please let me know if this works.  thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WLAN-not-getting-enabled/td-p/5616104
Relevancy 66.22%

Yesterday, I installed my wireless router (linksys WRT120N) and set up a wlan. It was working fine, (I have 4mbit/512) but today It doesn't want to download with more than 150kb/s. It's really weird, yesterday I was downloading with approximately 400-500kb/s! And connection often disconnects.

Do you have any suggestions?

A:Wlan troubles

So,it is kind of hard to tell from your description.
Maybe,the results of a speed test might be helpful.With those results,please tell us what speed you are paying for.
The speed test should be when you feel it is slow.
http://www.speedtest.net/
The other thing you could try,is,boot in safe mode with networking and see if it is still "slow"?
If this is a wireless connection,have you tried it hardwired to the router.?
The other thing you could try is changing the wireless channel.1/6/11 in US.
If no joy in any of this,we will have to probe a bit more.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-troubles.937578/
Relevancy 66.22%

About a month ago I bought a Dell Latitude D520 running WindowsXP
with a pre-installed Intel PRO/wireless 3945 WLAN card.

It worked fine for about a week and then it quit and never
came back. Dell replaced the card and motherboard but no
change. I reinstalled the driver (R138747.exe), no help. I
reinstalled WindowsXP, still no help.

Dell seems about out of ideas.

No, it's not the router. I use the router every day
with several other computers, It runs fine.

So it's beginning to feel like I just bought
a very expensive paper weight. Without a wireless
connection I can't use the computer.

I can think of one possible reason for the problem,
but I don't know if I'm right. The other computers
that I use with my wireless connection don't have
service pack 2. Could that be the reason I can't
connect?

Any ideas would be extremely welcome.

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I really hope someone might be able to help me My HP pavilion dv crapped out on me so I had WLAN How enable to the the motherboard replaced I How to enable the WLAN found supplier in China who got it to me and service here in Hungary After waiting month to get my laptop back I was in a bit of a rush to get back to work and the WLAN bluetooth was apparently no working as I left the shop Thinking I might be able to find the correct driver myself I went back to the office and when I started up the WLAN was actually working YEAH Last week I restarted my laptop which I now realize was the first time since leaving the service center weeks ago and they WLAN BT has stopped working I have tried several different drivers all to no luck and read tons of forum postings still nothing The HP Wireless Assistant says the WLAN BT are not enabled I am using Vista There is no option in the BIOS to turn it on PhoenixBios The serial of the laptop is GN AV Pavillion Is there anyone who might be able to clue me in so I don't need to wait an additional days at the shop Thanks for whatever help

A:How to enable the WLAN

hello Tesserac

see if this helps you at all. http://www.wlanbook.com/disable-wireless-windows-vista/

good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-enable-the-wlan-390678.html
Relevancy 66.22%

We have machines - XP Pro XP Home K machine runs an apache server for web development ANother unfortunately is often downloading large questionable files much of the time I understand we have some protection from the firewall in our router We have been running McAffee AV FW but are don t intend to renew - would like to go Open source also run Adaware and SpywareBlaster regularly Shared internet connection File and WLAN, security? Print sharing is necessary sometimes so far we enable it as necessary and then turn it off again No major problems yet but our attention to security has been lacking and my knowledge in the network admin area is weak to say the least It seems we ve got things set up a little backwards and I was hoping you folks could help me WLAN, security? get this thing set up properly Particularly I d like to protect my XP Pro development box which is running an apache server but is not a file server on the network Also I would like to ensure that ohter machines on the network are not compromised by the machine WLAN, security? which is downloading quot stuff quot Please help me get started nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Help,
Got an HP laptop been on my wireless network totally fine, easy!
Then turned my laptop off and then came home after work to go on the net and usually automatically connects to my network but now it doesnt, can search wireless networks and see my network but it doesnt connect to it now?
why is this i havent changed a thing, literally turned my laptop off!

help

A:Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN

Have you tried deleting the configuration and connecting again? Perhaps the encryption key was not retained.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broadcom-802-11b-g-wlan.564089/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi guys this one is bugging the hell out of me so if you have any ideas please let me hear them.
Right I bought a Belkin N1 wireless router today, to use my PS3 online, my desk top is upstairs in the spare room and the PS3 is down stairs in the living room,so the distance is not an issue, BUT the wireless signal keeps droping out on me it will connect for about a minute and then drop for a minute,it is driving me mad,eveything is sett up correctly and the PS3 is set up correctly and is showing 90% signal........ AAAHHHH
HELP...

Relevancy 66.22%

For a few days now I haven t been able to connect to the internet on my ASUS G JX I ve tried a couple different things to resolve the problem but none seem to work It turn on won't WLAN all comes down to the fact that my WLAN won t turn on It doesn t matter if the switch is to the left off or to the right on the WLAN always appears as quot off quot and I can t connect to the internet So I ve tried a few things already all of which failed but I feel like I ve made a little progress So I ll try to explain what I ve done since it stopped working days ago Two days ago the internet went out for a moment due to a power flicker we were getting them all night and I was reconnecting fine for the most part but when I went to reconnect after a few minutes WLAN won't turn on I noticed that it said quot No Networks Available quot I thought it WLAN won't turn on was the router so I went and unplugged it for a few minutes but it turned out that it wasn t the problem because I could connect on other computers and my ipod Yesterday after checking the WLAN switch on the front of my WLAN won't turn on laptop and noticing that the WLAN wouldn t turn on no matter which way I had the switch I checked the Device Manager to see if everything was working properly and I noticed that my Network Adapter Atheros AR was disabled I did not disable it manually so I enabled it thinking that was the extent of my problems but unfortunately I still couldn t connect The device appears to be working properly according to the device manager I also tried uninstalling it it reinstalled with no problem and still no luck connecting to the internet I decided to do a simple driver update today with no luck version is now Which brings me to now tomorrow I am planning on bringing the laptop in to get it fixed but I m really hoping I can find a fix by myself before then and hoping its not a hardware problem as this laptop is only a few months old So any help And yes I did try simply restarting my computer didn t work nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

my wireless adapter is not detected by my system when i plug in a ethernet cable to transfer data from one pc to another. and when i take the ethernet cable out wireless internet is online again.
I have a intel 5100 AGN.

A:Wlan adapter gone

Dont think u can have 2 active connections like that at once. I may be wrong though

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346095/wlan-adapter-gone/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi nbsp leider habe 250 WLAN HP G4 Schwach ich mit einem neuen HP G Probleme mit dem WLAN selbst wenn ich Meter neben dem Router sitze HP 250 G4 WLAN Schwach habe ich extrem schwaches Signal Meter weiter ist das Signal komplett verschwunden Netzwerkadapter ist Realtek RTL BE nbsp das Notebook wurde vor einer Woche mit vorinstalliertem Windows HP 250 G4 WLAN Schwach x gekauft nbsp Das WLAN habe ich ebenfalls bei Bekannten getestet selbes Ergebnis nbsp Inzwischen habe ich folgende Sachen ausprobiert nbsp - Windows Updates installiert- von der HP Support-Seite alle Treiber f r das Notebook geladen und installiert inklusive Bios - mit dem HP Support Assistant nbsp alles aktualisiert- Vorschl ge von anderen HP Forenmitgliedern ausprobiert und alte Treiber installiert mit deinstallieren der installierten Treiber und unterbinden der Treiber die mit dem Windows Update kommen nbsp - gt ohne Erfolg nbsp Per Netzwerkkabel lassen sich alle Updates ohne Probleme laden und alles funktioniert nbsp Danach Windows neu installiert und die selben Schritte HP 250 G4 WLAN Schwach nochmal von vorne Mittlerweile wei ich da leider nicht mehr weiter nbsp Getestet wurde alles mit dem Browser aber auch mit ping -t auf Router und google deDie MS sind im Bereich von - dann bricht alles wieder ab und WLAN sei angeblich nicht verbunden Irgendwann geht es wieder f r ein paar Pings nbsp Windows ist leider zwingend n tig und WLAN muss funktionieren nbsp nbsp Vielen Dank

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-250-G4-WLAN-Schwach/td-p/5803237
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo XA 3530 laptop (Windows 7 x64 Ultimate), the WLAN card is Atheros AR5008X

The way you should enable both WLAN and the Bluetooth connection is to press fn + F1, but somewhere down the road I've managed to uninstall the HotKey driver. Fujitsu doesn't offer driver support for old laptops like this anymore.

I've tried the following things,

- Enable WLAN in bios
- Enable WLAN in device manager
- Uninstall and install the driver from device manager
- Tried 3-5 different HotKey drivers without success

I have no outer switch on the laptop for enabling WLAN, the only way to turn it on seems to be through the fn + F1 keyboard command, there is also a light which indicates if the WLAN is on, and it hasn't been shining even though the control panel and bios claims its enabled.

And no, bluetooth doesn't work either

A:Can't turn on WLAN

what does network connections show?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/158909-cant-turn-wlan.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Currently I can only connect to the internet by plugging in the computer windows cannot find any wireless signals, I live in a town house there are usually about 5 at any given time. My newer laptop has no problems finding a signal and connecting.

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi guys,

Some days ago I took my laptop to repair and this guy fixed it but now I dont have any wireless capability.
When I go to device manager i just see the LAN adapter but not the WLAN adapter.

I tried to install some WLAN drivers from the internet but it doesnt work. I dont know if it is the wireless card the one that is not longer working.

I hope you can give me a hand.

Thanks.

A:WLAN issues

You've posted this issue in the NETWORKING forum, so there's no need to also post it in the WINDOWS 7 forum.

I've requested this thread be closed.

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-issues.1092705/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi there, I need a WLAN driver for the card on in HP Mini laptop. It's an old one but I just re-installed it and need the driver for the internet. TheWLAN FCC ID is: QDS-BRCM1050.  Thanks in advance.

A:Need WLAN Driver

Hi: See if this driver works... This package contains drivers for the supported Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapters in the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems. File name: sp57965.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Need-WLAN-Driver/td-p/5786970
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello, i heard this is the place to go for some help Well anyone get down to it.

Ok to start were things went bad i ran my adware program for the first time in probaly 2 months so it found a bunch of crap. Well anyways i restarted pc after even though it didnt ask me to i always do.
After it booted to desktop the internet was not working at all not even showing any possible netowrks. I jumped on the situation fast hoping to find a good fix poeple were tring changing regedit setting i tried all that i keep geting the error 1068 when trying to start Wlan Autoconfig it is disabled for some reason somone please help me! I am running vist 64bit prem wireless connection oh and also tried netsh winsock reset but no luck.

A:WLAN Autoconfig help!

Also the RPC remote procedure call is disabled and when i try and enable it says erro3 path not valid?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wlan-autoconfig-help-450533.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I want to setup WLAN in my home between my desktop which is connected to a WIFI modem, and my wifi laptop.
This is the current setup:
(http://i37.tinypic.com/2i87l8o.jpg)
They both can ping each other successfully, but neither appears in the others 'My Network Places'

But strangely, yesterday, I opened My network places on my desktop, and I saw 'Shared Documents on ABC'(ABC=my laptop), I opened a folder, it opened, but then it gave me a 'Location is Invalid' error, and 'Shared Documents on ABC' is no longer in My Network places.

Both PC and Laptop have ESET Smart Security firewall.
I'd like to clarify, that all three computers are able to access internet simoultaniously, connected to that same modem in the image.

A:Help in setting up WLAN

Run

nbstat -R
nbstat -RR

At the command line on both computers and then restart. If that doesn't work either run through the networking and file sharing wizard on both computers or check it manually.

If you still can't access them via name see if you can access them by going Start>Run>\\<IP Address of Computer>OK So say the address was 192.168.1.2 go Start then Run then type \\192.168.1.2 then click OK.

Regardless of whether that works or not check the firewalls on both Computers and the Router/Access Point to make sure NetBIOS, File Sharing et al is allowed.

If nothing works let us know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-in-setting-up-wlan.749275/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi everyone

I have 1 pc (Vista) wired into my Tiscali wireless router and 2 laptops (1 vista and 1 XP) and i can no longer connect wirelessly to my router with either of my laptops.

I can see my wireless network in wireless networks available with full signal. When i click to connect i enter my password (which is correct) it stays on the connecting for a while before a window pops up saying "Unable to connect, please contact Administrator or your ISP.

Every now and again only 1 laptop will connect to the router, but only at a speed of 1mb/s. Before hand it used to be at 54mb/s

please can someone help this really is doing my head in.

Regards

Relevancy 66.22%

I have a new Toshiba satellite L500 laptop with windows 7 64-bit home premium OS, I found an issue with the wireless utility where it works fine when i open the PC, but after sometime (about an hour) it stop working, i tried to use windows troubleshooter, it help me fixing the problem sometimes (saying that the solution is to enable the wireless network connection adapter) but only for a short time.

I had installed Linux Ubuntu OS on the machine, and the wireless works just fine, so the problem is something with windows 7.

A:I can't connect my PC to a WLAN

Check with toshiba's website for updated wifi drivers/software for your model.
Just because it's new doesn't automatically mean it has up to date support on it.

You may also look into changing the channel your router is operating on. In it's settings.
This could also be a side effect of power management.
Does the problem occur while you are using the system, or only when it has been idle?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/227050-i-cant-connect-my-pc-wlan.html
Relevancy 66.22%

A cat sat on my HP computer and now my WLAN is disabled. It says to push the enable button. Where exactly is that? HOw do I turn it back on?
THANKS!

Relevancy 66.22%

I put my computer in sleep mode for a couple hours, and when I went back later that night, the WLAN (wireless?) networking was disconnected. It says that wireless internet is not enabled, but the switch on the side of the computer (Compaq) has never been touched and the light was always blue. Now, no matter which position the switch is in, there's an organge light, and I tried to open the HP Wireless assistant program/icon and nothing shows up. Is this a computer error or a Vista problem? Thanks!

Relevancy 66.22%

After being prodded on several occasions by several sources, I decided to take the plunge and install SP2. After doing so, my laptop booted fine, but could not make a wireless LAN connection. I live for WLAN, and I don't think I could take it if I couldn't have it anymore. :dead:

ANy suggestions?:blackeye:

A:SP2 horror (no Wlan)

Check for newer drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sp2-horror-no-wlan.15705/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello Since the nbsp anniversary update of Windows in August I have a problem of my wi-fi network adapter nbsp losing connection every - minutes cable works perfectly When I run the diagnostics it says Default gateway is not available and resets the adapter but the problem keeps reoccurring From time to time it says that there's a problem with drivers or the cable is damaged but the drivers are up to date and I don't how the cable could problem Y50-70 wlan be the issue with wireless connection I have already tried all the things suggested on the nbsp Internet like changing power saving options updating drivers as well as downloading directly from Lenovo Support page uninstalling and reinstalling the adapter command prompt netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig flushdns and all other common suggestions to the issue Nothing helps nbsp Would appreciate any help or advise Otherwise the only option which I see is replacement of wlan card laptop is still on warranty Thank you

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-70-wlan-problem/td-p/3457163
Relevancy 66.22%

I updated my realtek wireless adapter driver about a week ago through Lenovo Solution Center app,  and straight away have had nothing but problems. The signal just dies and then tells me there is no WLAN adapter at all. Looking in Device Manager and it's just not there. I downloaded the appropriate driver from the Lenovo website and reinstalled it and after a couple of restarts it was back - all be it at not the strength it was before. Then suddenly it goes again, the adapter dissapears again and I have to reinstall the driver. I've windows 10 installed by the way. Wondering if anyone else has experienced and corrected this. Many thanks for replys

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/C50-30-WLAN-issues/td-p/3327615
Relevancy 66.22%

My laptop recently started giving me wireless problems. Sometimes, usually after i return from sleep mode the WLAN just disappears. I say this because i have no internet and when i hit the switch to turn the bluetooth and WLAN off and on, when it comes back on it just says Bluetooth enabled and WLAN just plain isn't there like it should be. Help please!

A:WLAN disappeared

what OS do you use, and what router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-disappeared.706288/
Relevancy 66.22%

I bought the above machine 6 months ago and am having continued problems with teh Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.

In  device manager it states Code 10 Device cannot start. Device does not exist. = NO Internet connectiion. The search says the driver is up to date.
To get this message onto Forum I have had to rig up an ethernet connection.

Question:
1. can this be fixed by me or does it need to go off for repair?
2. Where is the nearest service place (still under warranty) in Dartford area.

Cheers

Mike

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

A:C50-30 WLAN issues

I updated my realtek wireless adapter driver about a week ago through Lenovo Solution Center app,  and straight away have had nothing but problems. The signal just dies and then tells me there is no WLAN adapter at all. Looking in Device Manager and it's just not there. I downloaded the appropriate driver from the Lenovo website and reinstalled it and after a couple of restarts it was back - all be it at not the strength it was before. Then suddenly it goes again, the adapter dissapears again and I have to reinstall the driver. I've windows 10 installed by the way.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced and corrected this.

Many thanks for replys

Mod's Edit: This posting was merged with a message thread on same issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/C50-30-WLAN-issues/td-p/3318263
Relevancy 66.22%

I hope it s okay if I butt in I have the exact same problem Under Network Adapters it shows only NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller I ve run an Ipconfig all in WLAN for me too. Disabled advance and this is the result Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users BusinessName gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name business name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - B- - C- E-DB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D ABC E- BE - - FA- EE B A br AA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled WLAN Disabled for me too. No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Any thoughts nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello, Recently I was connecting to some random network named WLAN, And Everything was going good becasue I did Not have to pay for interent
But all of a sudden It wont connect. It connects to other networks but not WLAN anymore.

I looked at my device manager and Microsoft 6-4 adapter was gone and so was toredeo tunneling psudeo interface. Could that be the reason? Or could it be maleware/viruses thats causeing this?

I have a acer aspire 5610-4534 with 801.11a/b/g wireless lan. Vista.
Thanks.

Any solutions?

Relevancy 66.22%

Good Morning The wlan card is bad on my G7 it's a Ralink RT3290. I had problems with this card from the start, everyday had to play with turning it off then on to get the wifi working. I need to replace it but not with the same card. Is there a upgrade replacement I can get, also can I upgrade to the higher speed ac version. Thanks in Advance for your help Norbert

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/WLAN-card-bad/td-p/5622670
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey guys,

Just to start off, I consider myself pretty computer savvy... but this has me baffled... I recently moved into a new house with 2 computers - a laptop running XP Home and a desktop running 7 Professional.

My laptop (Dell E1505), which I rarely service since it's so old, can connect to the WLAN perfectly. It's NIC is an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG with driver version 11.5.0.32. My point - it's old as dirt and it works.

My desktop is running a Linksys WMP54GS v.1.1 with the most up-to-date Broadcom drivers. I've tried rolling back the drivers to no avail. Here's the weird part about this: I am able to connect to the WLAN enough to share files on the Homegroup with my laptop - but just no internet connection...

Any help guys? Thanks

A:Cannot connect to WLAN on W7 - Can on XP

Please post the output of "ipconfig /all" from a command prompt from both the WinXP laptop and the Win7 desktop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-connect-to-wlan-on-w7-can-on-xp-526808.html
Relevancy 66.22%

My wireless keeps performing a disappearing act... all it shows is my nvidia not my wireless settings ... im frustrated obviously cuz i dont know what causes this or how to fix it.

A:Wlan not showing up?

Duplicate posts 7 minutes apart are not a good way to start around here. You've come to the wrong place if you expect answers immediately, no matter how frustrated you may be.

http://forums.techguy.org/networking/807678-wlan-not-showing-up.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-not-showing-up.807681/
Relevancy 66.22%

i switched on my computer after an accidental disconnection from the AC power and found that the WLAN is disabled...

i tried pressing the wireless/bluetooth button to enable it but only the bluetooth got enabled. the wireless remains disabled.

In Device Manager, under Network Adapters:
everything except Bluetooth Device have yellow triangles with "!" on them.
i do not know what to do. please help! frankly, it is the first time I'm aware of Device Manager.

I'm using vista enterprise, if that helps...

A:Help! WLAN disabled

Try a system restore point to before the power failure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-wlan-disabled.803236/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have an HP Elite One G2 All-In-One 23" (Bang & Olufsen) and wanted to add WiFi. It has the antennae and the slot but it is not Mini PCI-E. Its smaller.. thinner than M PCI-e. What is it?

Relevancy 66.22%

Alright not sure if anyone will be able to help me but here s the situation I m running Vista Home Premium and all problems WLAN had been well until I installed the Zune software surprising I tried to figure out how to install it but as many of you know there is no uninstaller I found the UnZoone program online and ran it and still had no problems from what I could tell Then I restarted my laptop and it couldn t detect any wireless networks This is odd because WLAN problems I live in an area surrounded by other houses and apartments college town and there are usually or available to choose from So I have been trying to figure it out tried calling Windows support who did as much as they could for or hours with no success WLAN AutoConfig is stopped and an error message pops up after about completes The computer recognizes my wireless card I also recently found out that none of my Windows games Solitaire Hearts etc but Ink Ball start properly I open the link the computer seems to process it but no program ever opens Have I deleted a registry file that prevents any of this from working If I can t fix it and buy a new wireless card will that also not work Thanks for any help y all can give EDIT Forgot to mention that my LAN works when connected directly to the router nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-problems.559674/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey,

I am trying to configure a good connection between to computers running both on a wireless internett conection. When i ping the other computers static IP address, this is what i recieve back:

Request timed out.
Reply from 10.0.0.14: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=128
Request timed out
Reply from 10.0.0.14: bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=128

my question is, why do i sometimes have a connection with this computer and sometimes dont? It is really annoying when sharing files and playing games with each other. Entering a WLAN game together is like 1:100 change of success.

Any way I can get the computers to "communicate" better?

Relevancy 66.22%

Windows 7 Professional

I can't seem to connect to any wireless routers. I have reinstalled drivers, changed IvP4 and the wireless network properties to match security. Cannot connect to secure or unsecured networks.

This is what I got after the re-installation of the Atheros drivers:
I have connected via LAN but I cannot connect to any routers. No wireless. It will detect networks and show me a list but it will not allow me to connect to any of them.

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me with new upgrade of wlan card I have a HP pavilian DV T- LM LV My current and original card does not support ghz trying upgrade my WLAN to wireless trying to upgrade my WLAN band only ghz So i would like to change the wlan card for a dual band bluetooth I wanted to make sure I got the correct part so as to I wont damage my laptop So I decided to call Hp directly for an OEM original part The rep said I would need a - part so I ordered it upon doing some research online on this part number all description read it was a single band ghz bluetooth So i called HP back and explained to them my concern The second rep assured me this was correct and it was a dual band WLAN He also told me that the part number was an old part number and their system updated to a new part number - So i did more research on this part number but still no info on the dual band part Can anyone help please

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/trying-to-upgrade-my-WLAN/td-p/5790316