Windows Support Forum

Solved: Prompt for user password in MS Access vba

Q: Solved: Prompt for user password in MS Access vba

I have three different MS Access applications that run on user in vba Prompt password for Access Solved: MS a SQL backend For the Access front ends I am utilizing Jet mdw file for User level security Scope of the applications has increased to where we are using eForms across multiple business sites What I would like to do is enhance user Solved: Prompt for user password in MS Access vba security by tapping into Jet through vba before an activity is recorded under that user s name and date stamped which is something as close to an electronic signature that Access could get I think This would be a separate step from initial application log on which I already have users do Ideally the user would press a button to sign a form the vba subroutine would prompt the user to enter his application password then verify the password against the users mdw file and then stamp the record with user name and date I know how to do everything except the password verification part I am familiar with DAO ADO and ADOX protocols within vba but all I can find is code to set up a new user and assign a password but not verify a self-prescribed password of a Solved: Prompt for user password in MS Access vba user Does anybody have any comments suggestions Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Prompt for user password in MS Access vba

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Prompt for user password in MS Access vba

ctwest, sorry for the delay in responding, but Access questions are best posted on the Business Applications forum, even though yours is a programming question.
If you haven't found an answer to this question yet, you do not need to prompt users for their password to identify them.
Access knows who they are when they have logged on, you can identify them using the CurrentUser or Application CurrentUser.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-prompt-for-user-password-in-ms-access-vba.909178/
Relevancy 81.27%

I am a Vista Home Premium user It all started when I kept getting a User Name and Initials prompt upon opening any Office document WORD or EXCEL I troubleshooted Log-On Account Prompt Off Solved: User Password for in Can't and Turn the issue uninstalled and reinstalled Office and still the nagging prompt panel Upon Googling the issue I discovered that I was unable to open or change permissions in the registry User Info file in the registry Still researching this issue just today I am now when the UAC kicks in getting a prompt to Solved: Can't Turn Off Prompt for Password in User Account and Log-On enter my OS log-on password When I put in the password it doesn t take it and the prompt for password screen returns I believe that the registry has locked this feature and I am thus unable to get the password to register This is alarming Is this an indication of malware or virus I am presently running Trend Micro but have no idea how to proceed I went to try and turn off UAC but when I click to do this it prompts for my password doesn t take the password so I am not able to access this feature Any help would be greatly appreciated I am sorry if I am being unclear but basically I am getting the OS password now--when for example I right click on a program and go to RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR the password prompt comes up nbsp

A:Solved: Can't Turn Off Prompt for Password in User Account and Log-On

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-turn-off-prompt-for-password-in-user-account-and-log-on.834831/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi guys Im facing some problem over here i need help your professional skill to solve my problem ok now my case is i have client pc join to a domain and the client login with domain and Prompt Password User user id and the strange thing is when i just login few minutes i still can access to any computer in the network client that join DC without typing any user name and password but after awhile like about to mins later whenever i try to access any pc in my network it prompt me username and password in order to access that particular pc Things that i d done which with no joy i try to Prompt User and Password relog and yes it works for few minutes but the problem still arise after mins or more scan viruses no infection detected use hijacklog nothing looks suspicious file reinstall network card problem still there Please guide and assist me in this matter other than formatting the pc Thank You nbsp Prompt User and Password

A:Prompt User and Password

hmmm - is it a Power Save problem? Go to Screensaver options screen and look for Power Options. See if "Require Password on Wakeup" or similar is ticked

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/prompt-user-and-password.819419/
Relevancy 72.24%

In Windows 2000 I could have swore I seen under Administrative tools an option that would prompt a user to change their password, and now that I want to use that feature I can't locate it. Anyone know where this feature can be activated?

Relevancy 71.38%

Hello all

Please can any gurus help me.
After automatic updates last night when closing down Lenovo B320, this morning, I am unable to go into windows to access my desktop or files

1. Computer Boots up to user profiles screen.
2. When I select my profile, the password prompt box does not appear and instead flashes a black screen and returns to the main user profiles screen.
3. I have tried booting up in safe mode but I still have the problem of no password prompt box showing.

I hope there is a fix for this - Thanks in anticipation

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385459-cannot-log-into-windows-user-profile-no-password-prompt-box.html
Relevancy 71.38%

For example, a game I play, Maplestory (don't judge), would always ask me for the administrator password when I open it which allows me to enter in the password and start the game. Now, it doesn't do that anymore and I have no idea how that happened. I have all my gaming and work and other stuff on this user, which is separate from the admin one. Since all of my things are on this user, I wouldn't want to have to switch to the admin user every time I try to play a game.

Long story short, is there a setting that makes your computer automatically prompt you for the administrator's password when required on another user?

A:How to have computer prompt for admin password on other user

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

What level is your User Account Control set to?
User Account Control - UAC - Change Notification Settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323860-how-have-computer-prompt-admin-password-other-user.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi Guys I am trying to create users and password in an access database I created I have written the code but its says there is error and I cant find the errror I need your help please Here is the code Here is the Users table tblUsers UserID UserName EmpPassword Private Sub cboUsers AfterUpdate After selecting user name set focus to password field Me txtPassword SetFocus End Sub Private Sub cmdLogin Click Check to see if data is entered into the UserName combo box If IsNull Me cboUsers Or in Access User with Password Creating Solved: and Help Me cboUsers quot quot Then MsgBox Solved: Help with Creating User and Password in Access quot You must enter a User Name quot vbOKOnly quot Required Data quot Me cboUsers SetFocus Exit Sub End If Check to see if data is entered into the password box If IsNull Me txtPassword Or Me txtPassword quot quot Then MsgBox quot You must enter a Password quot vbOKOnly quot Required Data quot Me txtPassword SetFocus Exit Sub End If Check value of password in tblUsers to see if this matches value chosen in combo box If Me txtPassword Value DLookup quot EmpPassword quot quot tblUsers quot quot UserID quot amp Me cboUsers Value Then lngMyUserID Me cboUsers Value Close logon form and open MainSwitchboard screen DoCmd Close acForm quot frmLogon quot acSaveNo DoCmd OpenForm quot frmMainSwitchboard quot Else MsgBox quot Password Invalid Please Try Again quot vbOKOnly quot Invalid Entry quot Me txtPassword SetFocus End If If User Enters incorrect password times database will shutdown intLogonAttempts intLogonAttempts If intLogonAttempts gt Then MsgBox quot You do not have access to this database Please contact admin quot vbCritical quot Restricted Access quot Application Quit End If Check to see if data is entered into the password box If IsNull Me txtPassword Or Me txtPassword quot quot Then MsgBox quot You must enter a Password quot vbOKOnly quot Required Data quot Me txtPassword SetFocus Exit Sub End If Check value of password in tblUsers to see if this matches value chosen in combo box If Me txtPassword Value DLookup quot EmpPassword quot quot tblUsers quot quot UserID quot amp Me cboUsers Value Then lngMyUserID Me cboUsers Value Close logon form and open MainSwitchboard DoCmd Close acForm quot frmLogon quot acSaveNo DoCmd OpenForm quot frmMainSwitchboard quot Else MsgBox quot Password Invalid Please Try Again quot vbOKOnly quot Invalid Entry quot Me txtPassword SetFocus End If If User Enters incorrect password times database will shutdown intLogonAttempts intLogonAttempts If intLogonAttempts gt Then MsgBox quot You do not have access to this database Please contact admin quot vbCritical quot Restricted Access quot Application Quit End If End Sub Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,

I apologize if this is a duplicate or anything. I need to find a way to allow a standard user to execute a program that requires administrative access. I have attempted to set the program in compatibility to run as administrator but this has no effect on the standard user. For this program to execute it will still prompt them for an admin login before it opens.

This entire issue is negated if I make the user a local administrator but this isn't a long term solution I want to be using. Is there a way to keep UAC turned on but to allow the program to run for specific users? I'm open to any suggestions that do not compromise local security and appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you,

A:How to disable UAC password prompt for Standard User without admin?

Welcome to SevenForums McServer!

Take a look at this tutorial by Brink. Is this what you want to do?

Elevated Program Shortcut - Create for Standard User

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/215715-how-disable-uac-password-prompt-standard-user-without-admin.html
Relevancy 69.66%

When I mapped a network drive it ask me only once for the user name and password and I accidentally click on Remember password. I would like it to ask me the user name and passord everytime when I mapp a network drive to my Windows XP Pro.

Is that possible?

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi, I recently installed Apache, PHP, etc etc into my comp to set up my home computer into a self server to access certain files from outside computers. When I input my IP address into IE, firefox, etc i am prompted by a username and password prompt to gain access to my files. Now I have tried every username password etc trying to figure out what it can be. Just spent 4 hours googling for information about where this info could be stored on my vista 32 comp. Anyone able to help me with information about where i would go in vista to retrieve and change this information so that i may access it from an outside source comp. I have shutoff firewalls etc everything to see if it would go away and no matter what i do its there so its a setting on my computer but dont know where in vista, anyone?????

A:IP Address Access Password Prompt

Hi, Dblock420, and welcome to the forums.

Have you read your apache documentation?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/173417-ip-address-access-password-prompt.html
Relevancy 66.65%

So Access Protected Password through Need directories Command Prompt to my laptop hard drive looks to have some serious problems Essentially I can t boot and get these serious error messages that I won t go into for the moment It s covered by a warranty and I ll be taking it in to get it fixed My problem is that I would like to get my sensitive files off of the drive before taking it in Here s the general situation -I don t have an installation CD for this laptop XP Pro It s a refurb -I do have an installation CD for XP Home Edition -I AM able to boot from that installation CD -I am able to boot and get to the Recovery Console -I can navigate around a Need to Access Password Protected directories through Command Prompt bit and see directories It appears that my documents are intact -HOWEVER my important documents are all in quot My Documents quot and quot My Documents seems to be password protected I m also not sure that I m entering the directory correctly given the spaces My question s -How can I access a password protected directory from the command prompt If I type in cd c quot Documents and Settings quot I get an access denied error I figure there must be a way to include a password in the change directory command Am I wrong Many thanks for your help EDITED TO ADD I have an external hard drive available that I can connect and move my files if that s possible nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

I have Vista. I am trying to set it so that when I put my laptop to sleep it will ask for a password to log back in when I wake it up. Under "PowerOptions > SystemSettings> Power Protection On Wakeup" I have it set to "Require a password."

However, when I wake up my laptop it does not ask for a password but instead loads right back up to the desktop. When I leave the computer idle for a long period of time and it locks itself/hybernates/whatever it does ask for a password, and I do have a password saved on the computer.

Is there something I am missing here? I'd like for the password prompt to start working.

Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] No Password Prompt When Vista Awakes Though Password Enabled

Hi -

Try resetting the power options to default settings.

Are all Windows Updates in, including Vista SP1 & SP2?

www.update.microsoft.com

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-no-password-prompt-when-vista-awakes-though-password-enabled-513111.html
Relevancy 66.65%

When i try to launch some applications and aloso the command prompt, im being denied access. Noone could have changed anything im positive and im the only one who uses this computer ever. Would a reinstall fix the problem? and also as a side question can i reinstall windows and save all the data that on the computer? does a reinstall of windows without formatting just overwrite the system? or if i reinstall will i have to reinstall everything because ive been having other misc problems and id like the reinstall if i dont have to backup or copy all my info. Thanks in advance for any info!

A:Not able to access cmd prompt (admin restrict, yet im the sole user of this comp)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-able-to-access-cmd-prompt-admin-restrict-yet-im-the-sole-user-of-this-comp.546975/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have Windows 7 Professional version installed. After it boots up and it goes to Login Screen. I click on user name icon and it tries to look for the password and it comes back to same USDER ID Icon. It goes in a loop.

I tried to book in SAFE mode and same thing happens.
I tried to do SAFE Mode in Command network. It does not go to Command prompt. Goes back to same login screen.
It is running on my Leonovo laptop.

Thanks,

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/66293f88-bfc6-4a99-8615-71eaebd8aa0f/windows-7-unable-to-get-the-password-prompt-when-i-click-on-user-id-icon-unable-to-run-safe-mode?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 62.78%

Symptom:
Get authorization prompt many times when open a local html with proxy setted.

Reproduce Steps:
1, a authorization needed proxy. Say CCProxy setted with username:root password:root
2, set the given proxy server in IE.
3, create a local html which need many internet access. Say it may include many pictures that need to download from internet.
4, open the given local html in IE, then U will get a prompt for username&password in IE.
5, Input the correct username&password, Also check the "remember my password" checkbox and click "OK".
6, Then there will still come up with many authorization prompt.

Also, I have tried to modify the opontion in Security Settings -> User Authentication, but this problem still exists.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bb5ce06d-c429-48c8-bdc3-906eb25590d5/ie-will-prompt-for-usernameamppassword-many-times-when-open-a-local-html-which-need-internet?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello.

I have a Windows XP computer and a Windows 2000 Server. When the XP computer is turned on, I want it to automatically be logged into the server.

Currently, when you want to view the server's files from the XP computer, a username and password prompt is required. There are many other computers on the network that do not require this prompt.

How can I make it so no password prompt is required or so the computer logs in automatically?

Thank you,

John Sullivan

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all. A couple of questions.

I mapped a network drive from another win2k pro to my win2k pro machine. When I boot or login, It wants to login to the network drive and it prompts me for an account password every time. I can put the password in and it will connect the drive, but I want it to connect the drive without prompting for a password. How can I do this?

Also, I have a printer shared on a networked machine running win2k pro. When I want to print to this locally shared printer, it prompts me for a password also. How can I get rid of this?

Thanks.

A:Solved: Getting rid of password prompt

Put the same username and password on the other W2k pro machine that you have on the one your logging on to then make sure these 2 things are shared to it correctly (the printer and the files).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-getting-rid-of-password-prompt.369288/
Relevancy 61.49%

My OS is XP and my browser is IE 8. This is a home setup....not part of a network.

Recently I had a printer problem I couldn't solve so I took my tower to a shop.

The got the printer working but in the process must have reinstalled Win xp with service pack 3.

Now everytime I start my computer I get two prompts for a password instead of it going straight to my desktop. No one else uses my computer and I don't want a password.

How do I get rid of the prompts and go straight to the desktop?

Relevancy 61.49%

I'm looking for a solution to disable the annoying boot-up prompt for a password for WinXP Pro. In Win98/ME all it took was removing the "Client for Microsoft Network" from the network control panel...this doesn't work in XP. I'm not worried about security, I just want the machine to boot directly to windows on start-up without pausing for my non-existant password.

Relevancy 60.63%

tried many times to access laptop the password says the user profile service failed the logon
user profile cannot be loaded '
i can get in on safe mode but canged my password but it still wont let me in have put malware bytes on and cleared some bugs but it still wont let me in there are litte blue and yellow shiels next to some things that i need to access to alter things but when i click them nothing happens i dont have a recovery disc
also a box says smartlogon.exe application error the application was unable to start correctly
(0xc0000006)

A:cannot access password user profile

Quote: Originally Posted by gatelad

tried many times to access laptop the password says the user profile service failed the logon
user profile cannot be loaded '
i can get in on safe mode but canged my password but it still wont let me in have put malware bytes on and cleared some bugs but it still wont let me in there are litte blue and yellow shiels next to some things that i need to access to alter things but when i click them nothing happens i dont have a recovery disc
also a box says smartlogon.exe application error the application was unable to start correctly
(0xc0000006)

Try a reinstall. Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/292513-cannot-access-password-user-profile.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a macro that uses a password to unlock a column in an xlsm macro enabled workbook that is being used as a template to be copied many times What I would like is the password phrase to be able to be updated in the future if I would like to change it so I would like the password phrase to be pulled from an outside source be it another excel sheet a text file whatever isn t important to me Here is the Macro as it currently exists any suggestions welcome thanks much in advance scan is the current password Sub UnlockColumn Dim MyPassword MyPassword InputBox quot Please enter password quot quot Password Prompt quot quot quot hardcode password If MyPassword quot scan quot Then ActiveSheet Unprotect ActiveCell Offset - Range quot A A A A quot Select Selection Locked False Selection FormulaHidden False ActiveSheet Protect DrawingObjects True Contents True Scenarios True Else Prompt from external source in Solved: VBA Password MsgBox quot Access denied quot vbCritical quot Error quot Exit Sub End If End Sub nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I know there's been a few queries by people regarding this prompt, but all the ones I've read seem to be connected with Outlook or operating a laptop via wireless - neither of which I use/do.

The pop-up has just started appearing today and I have no idea why. I don't even know if I should have a username and password for this? No idea what it is.

Can anyone advise please?

Screenshot attached.

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello Everyone I am new and have had the horrible experience of getting inundated with ad Spyware My Ie6 User Explorer Prompt/script Prompt pc was running poorly I saw an article on optimization I did the opt and installed Spybot-SD Spyware and Microsoft Anti-spyware and followed directions as the article suggested I also ran the utils in admin safe mode My system is now cleaned up no ad malware dialers viruses but there are a handful of sites that I can no longer access When I open IE a dialog Explorer User Prompt/script Prompt Ie6 box pops up called explorer user prompt with the message script prompt with a long black bar When I click ok cancel x or try to close the browser it Explorer User Prompt/script Prompt Ie6 just freezes The cpu usage jumps to I have to ctrl alt del to back out from the browser or if I keep clicking at close the browser crashes I reinstalled IE with no luck messed with the IE security options deleted all restricted sites added the sites to the trusted sites disabled all the three above mentioned anti-spywares but still no luck I enabled cookies on the privacy tab java script etc in tools advanced I followed each anti-spywares instructions to recover files and turned off agents etc but still no luck I am still locked out and cannot download All the other sites are fine it's just the ones before I ran the Spyblaster etc utils I am so frustrated How do I fix this I would really appreciate any advice at all I don't know what else to do Anyway hello and thanks very much in advance everyone I sure hope someone can help me please I'm so glad to have stumbled across this forum I have not been able to dig up much research to help I'm thinking one or another of the utils modified the list in registry Thanks again everyone Tessa

A:Explorer User Prompt/script Prompt Ie6

Does this happen in Safe Mode with network support?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/37961/explorer-user-promptscript-prompt-ie6/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi hope some one can help as this is really bugging me.

I have 2 HP laptops running Windows 7. I can access the puplic folder and printer sharing from the first laptop to the secound. When I try to access the puplic folder from the secound laptop to the first I get this error.

As far as I know all my setting are correct in the 2 laptops. here is the screen shotts on the setting.

and the other laptop all looks the same so I dont understand why its asking for passwords.

Any help would be great.
Thanks

A:Cant access public folder without user name and password?

If you know the credentials, you might check that box that says to remember them and it likely wont appear again

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/141160-cant-access-public-folder-without-user-name-password.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello, I have a desktop running on Windows XP.

It's a long story... The fact is that somebody has put a password on my Windows User account. I thought I can still access Windows through the Admin account, but the Admin is also passworded. So I'm staring at the monitor not knowing what to do.

Is there any way I can access my desktop?... I don't want to reinstall Windows, because there's stuff on my PC that I don't want to lose.

Thank you.

A:I cannot access desktop because of admin and user password.

u can download the hirens boot cd and boot into mini xp. inside of mini xp there is many tools for repairing windows and such included in those tools is a password recovery tool. ive never used this tool ive used the hirens boot cd for repairing stuff in windows before but ive never used the password recovery options. u can try this or maby someone els knows somtihng better.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-cannot-access-desktop-because-of-admin-and-user-password-670957.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I lost access to the admin acct on my windows home premium hp g series laptop two months ago and am using a new acct I made I do not remember how come I thought it didn t matter I guess however it does I am no longer able to do a defrag or use my avg pc tuneup program or maybe even do a back up I am afraid to open acct User access..... no password lost up the area where backups occur I have tried relentlessly to get the password right and am at a total total loss as to what it was THE acct I am on now is not asking for a password I am thrilled since this is my only way to use the laptop I thought the laptop was totally c crashed only to two months after the crash plugged it in and the battery began charging and windows appeared right on the screen Can anybody help me gt I have tried Microsoft and windows help is almost nonexistent wit the onset of windows Thank you I just want my admin acct back Surely its possible nbsp

A:User acct password lost no access.....

Please read the site rules:

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-acct-password-lost-no-access.1112878/
Relevancy 59.34%

I Just recently found a computer that someone had thrown out that is fully operational but requires a password to access it. This computer would be a great help to me, but I have no way to get into it and use it. Does anyone know of a way that I could bypass this or erase everything so the computer can be started from scratch that I can use it.

If anyone can give me any assistance I'd definately give them a donation thru Paypal

A:How To Gain Access To A Computer With A User Name And Password Required?

Sorry,
We can't help you with that.
Many claim to have "found a PC", etc....
We'd like to believe your claim.
Find a local tech to help you out.

We don't help with such. It's against all we stand for here on the BC.
This topic is closed now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68125/how-to-gain-access-to-a-computer-with-a-user-name-and-password-required/
Relevancy 59.34%

I ve had an Solved: password Outlook prompt 2003/Yahooo repeated intermittent Outlook problem for the mast mo that ATT Yahoo can t fix and claim to be an incompatibility between Outlook and Win Every - - min I get a pop-up Solved: repeated Outlook 2003/Yahooo password prompt box see attachment prompting me to re-enter my Solved: repeated Outlook 2003/Yahooo password prompt network email password It doesn t matter if I re-enter the password click OK or cancel the Solved: repeated Outlook 2003/Yahooo password prompt box goes away and I can still read send email just fine That is Outlook works fine and it s not a fatal error After rebooting to XP dual boot system and finding the same problem installing Firefox and finding the same problem I got to thinking what if it s Norton antivirus Rather than uninstall it I just unchecked all the boxes AND THE PROBLEM APPEARS GONE it s only been hour but that s probably long enough Has anyone else seen this I m running Norton Premier Any suggestions on how to fix it without abandoning Norton AV Thanks Whoops jumped the gun NOT Norton Did full uninstall and still get p w prompt Anyone else seeing this with ATT Yahoo and Outlook Installed Thunderbird and not seeing it yet nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I have used the same password on my user account ( Administrator) since purchase of Vista in Feb 2008 and decided to change it but although I am certain I have typed in the password absolutely correctly when I try to make the change it says my password is incorrect.

It is just a home Computer.

I haven't logged off today because if I do I expect I will be denied access and I have a few personal documents in the User account that I need daily access to.
Any suggestions as to what may have gone wrong as the password is just a basic one which is easy to remember.

Relevancy 58.91%

I have one computer in my home network that I can not share files. I get the message below.
All of the other computer on my network would have a "popup box" where I would enter the Username and Password - but this one computer does not give me that popup.

Also I can access all of the other computer from this on ("GA-EG45M") but I can't access it from the others. Where do I go to authorize "access permissions"? All of the network discovery and sharing settings are set the same on all computers.

A:How do I grant permission to access Network - no user/password popup

Checked this one yet? Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/374942-how-do-i-grant-permission-access-network-no-user-password-popup.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, I need help:

1. I log into a normal user account.

2. I double click to access a restricted folder.
(Restricted folder means: In administrator account, I made this folder restricted to other users. Right
Click/Properties/Security tab)

3. A message came up:
You don't currently have permission to
access this folder.
Click Continue to permanently get access
to this folder.

4. After I click Continue a message came up:
You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will need to use
the Security tab.
But I want Windows to ask my admin password to access that folder.

I have done this job before, and it worked fine but I forgot how did I do...
Thanks for helping me.

Related topics: UAC, netplwiz, secpol, gpedit, runas

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dc97ca40-b7b3-4afd-b7f9-57b37e811b72/how-to-access-a-restricted-folder-by-using-my-admin-password-in-a-normal-user-account?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 58.05%

So a new box recently built, when booted, defaults to the local administrator account.

This is a Windows 7 machine for a Linux guru that doesn't want to be bothered pressing more buttons than is necessary, if you get my drift.

So my question is, after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del...how do I dictate to Windows that the preferred used is "HisDomainAccount" on our company domain, as opposed to the local admin account?

If I'm not being clear, please let me know and I will try to explain a little better.

A:Strange Defult Login User Prompt - Local Admin, Not Domain User

Quote: Originally Posted by Norwood

So a new box recently built, when booted, defaults to the local administrator account.

This is a Windows 7 machine for a Linux guru that doesn't want to be bothered pressing more buttons than is necessary, if you get my drift.

So my question is, after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del...how do I dictate to Windows that the preferred used is "HisDomainAccount" on our company domain, as opposed to the local admin account?

If I'm not being clear, please let me know and I will try to explain a little better.

The above is a bit confusing. Is this computer joined to a work domain or is it not?

If this is a domain computer, the user will have to use the classic log on screen (Ctrl+Alt+Delete), not the Welcome Screen. If he wants to switch to logging in to the Local computer account and not the domain, he'll have to "Switch User" then log in with the format of Computername\User Name

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208916-strange-defult-login-user-prompt-local-admin-not-domain-user.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Whenever I use CMD in Windows XP, it automatically goes to C:/Windows when I need to do something specifically in C:/. When I go "cd c:/", it'll just take me to C:/Windows. Is there a way so I can access C:/?

Relevancy 57.62%

Fully up to date Vista Home Premium 32bit.

I lock computer by pressing WinKey+L or just wait few minutes and it start screensaver and lock itself. The problem exists ONLY when screen saver is running (tried third party screensavers and ones that were built in by Microsoft - no difference).

If ScreenSaver is running and I physically press turn off button on system unit, my computer exit screensaver, bring applications that are running to the front of screen, and lets me to work with them while Vista attempt to shut computer off. To make the matter worse, it almost always bring dialog about waiting for some applications more time or cancel shut down attempt. If I cancel it - i get full access to previously locked session without entering user name or password....
Could it be that this problem just my system specific?(not likely)

A:Security problem: gaining full Vista access without entering password or user name

Could someone reproduce it?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/234876-security-problem-gaining-full-vista-access-without-entering-password-user-name.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello everybody,

In our organization we have 50 xp running machines. & a DC win 2003 they all connected with exchange server 2003. For this purpose we have configured ms outlook 2003 for all users. Recently when they are triyng to open Internet Explorer it asks for thier userneme & password again & again. what could be the problem.
thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Asking for user name & password

Is it the Outlook name and pass? If it is, has someone configured Outlook to be the mail handler for IE in Internet Options?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asking-for-user-name-password.813396/
Relevancy 53.75%

Developers created an application using C # and .Net.
It is being used in Windows XP, IE 6.0.

On one page, there are buttons called Approve and Reject. When the user clicks the buttons, a pop up window appears asking the user to enter a password.

This works fine on most people's machine.
But on one guy's laptop, the pop up box appears, but it doesn't load properly. (see attachment for 2 screenshots).

He tried logging into another user's machine and all worked well. So the problem seems to be a setting on his laptop. He just got a new laptop about 2 months ago, so it's not a memory problem.

Any ideas on why the pop up box doesn't load correctly on his laptop?

Thanks,

A:Solved: Password box not loading for one user

The problem was fixed by installing a MS Java hotfix.

Thanks anyway!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-password-box-not-loading-for-one-user.502864/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have windows XP Home SP3. I bought Buffalo AirStation WHR-HP-G54 wireless router. I tried to access the router on the browser using 192.168.11.1 and then ask for user name and password. the manual says that the username is "root" and leave the password blank I did that but I couldn't access the router.

I reset the router using the rest button. The router IP becomes 192.168.1.1, Now I try to acccess the router but the username and password still wrong.

the router is working and I can use the internet but I need to access the router to make my network secure because now it has no encryption.

How can I figure out the username and password?

Relevancy 53.75%

I have a new Win8 computer & was instructed to enter a password to access it. I want to remove that password. It is frustrating to have to enter a password every time I want to get on. Thanks in advance for any help.

Relevancy 53.75%

I am trying to connect to my Server, but it is asking for a User Name and Password. This Server (and network) were set up a long time ago, and no one knows the user name or password. I have heard there is a way to go into a computer and figure it out. Can someone please help.

I am sending a picture of the box that I get. I have tried entering user names and passwords that were in use back when this was first set up, but they are not working. I also noticed that when I entered a user name, it would come back with the "name of my computer"/"User Name Entered".

Relevancy 53.75%

here is my system info OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Cannot password Solved: user change Antivirus System Shield Updated and Enabled The problem when I got to user account to change pw I am the only on on my pc when I go to change it the first thing happens is user account goes in to not responding then I get this message Unsupported Keyboard Layout Then it tells me on how Solved: Cannot change user password my pw will not work on preboot security which I don t have on then it tells me to view a list of keyboard layouts it goes to not responding right away never get keyboard lay out screen then I get password you typed does nt meet requirements I have know idea any info would help I know it late to noght I been on in the morning tks nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone,
I hope that you can help me.
My friend has forgotten his user password to log onto his XP system. His memory isn't very good and he just can't remember.
Is there any way to log onto this computer, as his wife runs a business and there is information in it she needs. Formatting it isn't an option at this time.

Thanking you in advance for all your help,
Nettie

Relevancy 53.75%

Okay....

2003 domain, and Exch 2003 for email.

We change passwords every 30 days ( policy)

So one of my users changed thier password and now can no longer access network resources. She cant open her email ether because we store the PST file in a mapped my documents folder.

SO when I try to open her my documents it wants me to athenticate. So I put her user name and password in, in the following format

domain\user
password

It just bounces me back to the logon box..

I have reset the password again I have power cycled her machine and rebooted all the DC's and the Exchange box.

I dont understand...

If I change the password and I am able to logon that mean I am using the correct credentials, cause I am not logging on with chached ones. I dont know maybe someone has had something like this before.

A:Solved: User password error

Issue seems to have resolved its self. Must have been an issue with AD replicating or something I dunno, will mark as solved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-user-password-error.482112/
Relevancy 53.75%

My desktop Windows 7 PC is sick. When it finishes booting the log in page is displayed but only one user name is displayed, and the password (that my wife had taped to the display) is declined. There is no "Guest Account" or "Administrator Account" option displayed.

So far as I can tell, the only solution is to treat it like a lost password and re-install Windows using the format option which I believe means losing all files including all data files. Someone please tell me this ain't so!

JO

A:[SOLVED] User Account Password?

If you can't remember the password then you are correct you'll need to reinstall Windows.

We can not assist with with the bypass of passwords. It is against the forum rules.

This thread will now be locked. If you do require help on the reinstall you may create a new thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-user-account-password-694540.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I am Arun Kumar Kushwaha and I have discovered one Big Loophole Security Leak in Microsoft's Windows Operating System worldwide through which we can Access Delete Copy Replace Important Data without Cracking Resetting the Login Password in Windows OS and for this we not need any can windows want user locked login I is access (locked microsoft with password) to Admin/ know account we know OS rd party Software CD DVD Pen drive CMD Script or any other means of hacking Devices tool only through Windows OS we can Access anybodies Computer Around the world and user will never get to know that his her computer has accessed by someone else This is purely Microsoft's Negligence towards user's Around the world I want to know is microsoft know we can access locked windows OS (locked Admin/ user account with login password) U can assume how much serious is this Issue if anybody can steal confidential Important data of Company Govt data or any other Sensitive Personal data of anyone who are using windows OS I have Talked through telephone to MS India regarding this Issue and they told me that there is no loophole in their OS and can't be accessed by anyone without having Login Password or User need to Reset login Password with tool software available also i have mailed to MS Technical support Team and also asked about this issue on Windows worldwide official support forum but not get any meaning full response from them I am asking this message to here coz i want to Spread this issue around the world so every user can secure their Data and also MS can rectify this issue by releasing an OS Update Thanks for reading Your's Truly Arun Kumar Kushwaha

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a5bb2b05-44c4-40de-9de5-f98791edc8bf/i-want-to-know-is-microsoft-know-we-can-access-locked-windows-os-locked-admin-user-account-with?forum=mata
Relevancy 53.32%

Have Windows XP and had only one account name to log in. Can't remember password. I assume the only way I can get back in is either:
1. Reload windows and start over (unless disc allows me to jump to setting User up), or
2. I've heard there is other software one can use to reveal password or get around it?

pete

A:Solved: User account password forgotten

If you are the System administrator you can start another account Control Panel > User Accounts Otherwise --- ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-user-account-password-forgotten.317016/
Relevancy 53.32%

My operating system is Windows XP, Home Edition. My problem is as follows: My daughter's user account is password protected and for some reason won't recognize the correct password. I have attempted, under her account and under the administrative account, to change the password and also delete it, but the attempted changes are ineffective. I tried making the changes under safe mode, but her account, for some reason, doesn't even appear when I go to User Accounts via the control panel. I considered just transferring her music and photos and setting up a new account. But, her photos are privacy protected so the account won't let me do that.

Relevancy 53.32%

I am trying to add in a User name and password to access my Linksys Router. I want to change it from just entering admin in the password section to my own user name and password. In the router settings I was able to change the password to something else, but unsure of where to add in a User name. Appreciate the help.

Relevancy 53.32%

So I just acquired a new wireless router an ASUS RT-AC R and I installed everything and setup my user name and password to what I normally use for my routers and such Shortly after I set up some of the port forwarding for my roommates Apple TV and at the very end of the changes getting applied it pops up with quot The server requires a username and password The server says RT-AC R quot and asks for the User password name changed Solved: Router and/or user somehow Name and Password I type in the user name and password that I had set up the router with and it doesn Solved: Router user name and/or password somehow changed t work Port was one of the ports Solved: Router user name and/or password somehow changed that I opened for the Apple TV so I thought that maybe it had to be my roommates iTunes user name and password or Solved: Router user name and/or password somehow changed mine and neither work I have tried to do the firmware restoration through the Firmware Restoration Utility that comes with the router and I get about half way through every time and then it says quot Failed to upload the firmware Please check the connection between your computer and router quot Please someone let me know what it is I m doing wrong or what I can do to fix this problem it is driving me nuts UPDATE I was successfully able to restore the firmware via the utility given with the router however when I tried to run the Setup Wizard afterwards and get to the screen asking for the password I tried quot admin quot for both which is the default and it did not work I also tried the user name and password I setup the router with and those did not work either If there is a way I can reinstall everything with the router from scratch and set up a new user name and password that would be great nbsp

A:Solved: Router user name and/or password somehow changed

Apparently there's a button on the back to do a factory reset, looks like it's fixed... Still don't know how my user name and password was changed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-router-user-name-and-or-password-somehow-changed.1074278/
Relevancy 53.32%

My PC has been having spontaneous shutdowns for about a year now They happen about once every two weeks Everytime it happens I just hit quot start normal quot after reboot But this time there is a new wrinkle The password I ve used for years isn Vista, Solved: by fix? Password I changed do how User t recognized anymore The password hint is not helpful I tried to follow the Solved: User Password changed by Vista, how do I fix? quot reset password quot route It wanted me to find it on drive quot F quot I have no drive quot F quot Is there anything I can do to find or reset the password I accessed my PC this time using Administrator which I had as an option from other techguy org answers for Solved: User Password changed by Vista, how do I fix? other problems But I want to go in under my normal user name What I see as Administrator is weird Several of the icons at the bottom of the screen are repeated-specifically McAfee and Windows And it took FOREVER after I Solved: User Password changed by Vista, how do I fix? clicked on Administrator to get a web page up And the webpage that came up was Google I have no idea why Please HELP nbsp

A:Solved: User Password changed by Vista, how do I fix?

I restored PC to earlier date (a few days back). Unfortunately it did not fix the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-user-password-changed-by-vista-how-do-i-fix.994810/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am using Windows XP Home Edition with SP2. When attempting to enter a password through the User Accounts in control panel something went wrong. Now when windows starts the password I thought I had entered does not work. Is there any way to get pass this program and eliminate the password. I am the only user on this computer.

A:Solved: Trouble with a User Account Password

Boot into Safe Mode and log in as administrator, (if you are asked for an admin password, try leaving it blank, as this is the default setting)
Once logged on as admin, you should be able to access the user accounts and change or remove the password.

To get into safe mode, keep tapping the F8 key early in the boot up process (Some keyboards may require you to turn on the F Lock feature first)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trouble-with-a-user-account-password.365080/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I am a brand name asking password pop up 7 user security for Solved: Windows and new joinee of the Tech Guy website and really need some help from the experts out there The problem is as follows I attempt to connect to my wireless broadband connection but when i click connect a windows security pop up arrives stating that I need to provide a username and password for Network authentication I Solved: Windows 7 security pop up asking for user name and password dont have these nor do I believe that I have ever included these perviously This action has only recently appeared and I cannot bypass it Solved: Windows 7 security pop up asking for user name and password I have other computers linked to the same wifi connection and these are operating just fine the problem computer runs Windows and is the only one with Win So at least I know that it is not the internet connection itself Maybe not of any importance but this problem only occurred after the unit ran out of battery power and has not been able to access my broadband service since the subsequent recharge I have visited Win Network centre on the computer to attempt to establish the problem it recognises I have one and been through all the troubleshooting options but no resolution Any assistance would greatly appreciated Some info of the computer if useful Dell xps running Win Home of course Thanks Nigel nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 security pop up asking for user name and password

http://forums.techarena.in/technology-internet/1385145.htm

possibly nothing more than you are not running as administrator, you say its the only one with windows 7-this needs administrator for all sorts of actions

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-security-pop-up-asking-for-user-name-and-password.1032964/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am the only person that uses my pc. If I remove my master password from firefox should there be any worry about someone getting my passwords. Or is a master password only needed when multiple people use the same physical pc?

A:[SOLVED] Do you need a master password for single pc user?

Even if you are the only user on your PC, it might be advised to use the Master Password feature for the best security. You can find info about using Master Password at the Mozilla Help Site

Generally, you want your passwords to be as secure as possible, so it might not be a good idea to store them in Firefox at all, since it may be possible for others hacking into your computer to easily find them. As an alternative, I recommend KeePass, which has much more advanced security for storing your passwords, and is easy to make entries that will auto-enter your login info to sites. Check it out at their site

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-do-you-need-a-master-password-for-single-pc-user-391812.html
Relevancy 53.32%

This is another minor annoyance, related to my earlier post today. I attempted to resolve the "Unlock Computer" message in switching users by creating a password for myself in Control Panel/User Accounts. It did not work.
That is, it was not the password required to unlock the pc but now is required whenever I attempt to log on. There seems to be no option to re-set or entirely delete the password, which on my home pc is annoying and unnecessary. I suspect there is a way to do this?

Of course, that still leaves the "unlock computer" problem, but that is another issue.

Thanks,

A:Solved: How can I delete my user password in WinXP?

In the Control Panel under Users just enter blank passwords for you account and it will remove the password.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-can-i-delete-my-user-password-in-winxp.507286/
Relevancy 52.46%

There are a number of sites that I use often that give you the option of saving your user name and/or password. Until yesterday it worked fine but now if I close and open firefox the user name and/or password is not remembered and I have to reenter.I can't think of any changes made and also under options I have Remember Passwords checked.

Relevancy 52.46%

i have been playing yahtzee at games.com for about a year and a half. i have a user name and password. since the site went down for about a week in october, i have not been able to get into the game lobbies with my user name and password, but i can play as a guest. can you tell me what changed. i really miss playing, nobody wants to play a guest!

A:[SOLVED] Can't Get Into Game Lobbies On Games.com With User Name And Password

Hello daisy, welcome to the site!

Try re-registering.

I don't know much about on-line games but I do know that some sites that go off-line for a while are upgrading thier software or putting in "new and improved servers" and such...you might have to choose a different user name and password...if yours was lost in the transfer...

BOL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-get-into-game-lobbies-on-games-com-with-user-name-and-password.103220/
Relevancy 52.46%

I locked my computer today and when the screen came up to log back on, an old user name was in first box. I typed in old password for the account and logged on. Tried again and found i can log on, with that password on both accounts. Even though one account is Non-existant...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-old-user-password-still-works-even-though-account-is-deleted.461872/
Relevancy 52.46%

as part of my job, I have to sign into certain sites using a user name and password. Normally, this is no problem. Today, when I enter the user name and password, the sine in page just resets and shows up as if I had not entered the user name or password at all. It makes me start over again.

When I attempt to sine in from another computer, using the exact same user name and password, it works just fine. I am really stumped. I can access other web sites from this computer, just not some of these sites that I have to user the user name and password.

Any ideas
Confused in Wisconsin

Relevancy 52.46%

Have a friend who bought a dell inspirion 1501 that he bought second hand. it runs window vista. problem is there is a user password set and noone knows what it is. the lady who he bought it from said she forgt what it was. Is there a way to bypass this besides doing a clean reformat? or opening it up to try and remove the cmos battery? ( someone told me that wouold work, want to save that as a last resort)

any help???

A:Solved: dell inspirion 1501 user password

Per TSG rules: Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.
My suggestion is to use the restore partition or Vista DVD and put it back like new. Other than that we can't offer assistance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-inspirion-1501-user-password.857706/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have installed a speech-to-text software application and during the initial setup it asks me if I want to participate in data collection to be sent Name/Password Cannot software get Windows installation past Solved: during User to the Solved: Cannot get past Windows User Name/Password during software installation company to improve the application etc When I click on either the Yes or the No I get prompted for my Windows User name and Password I enter the ones that appear on the Windows Welcome screen and work but an error message pops up saying that quot no mapping between account names and security ID s was done quot The application setup menu says that quot currently your Administrator me has not been configured to run data collectiuon at a scheduled time Press Configure to correct this issue quot but doing so only gets the user name pasword prompt again I have been into the User and Computer Management on Control Panel and ticked pretty well everything I can find to let me do whatever I like as an Admin but still no joy Searching through HELP advises that it is the Task Scheduler asking for these details I remember that on XP you could somehow disable Task Scheduler from working but can t seem to find it on Vista Home Premium So is there someway to get around this as I feel I am missing a step somewhere Thanks all nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot get past Windows User Name/Password during software installation

Found that the User name is really SYSTEM even though I have used my normal log in name - duh!

Anyhow all fixed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-get-past-windows-user-name-password-during-software-installation.751564/
Relevancy 51.6%

Since my boss on a whim changed a password and User Changed Exchange ID and password. backupExec - Solved: server for Veritas won t let us use this account any longer we have been piecing together problems with services running under this old account I think we have alot back to normal but there is one problem I still Solved: Veritas backupExec for Exchange server - Changed User ID and password. see - The backup runs and backs up all the proper files on the drives themselves but when it gets to - Backup Server Microsoft Exchange Public Folders and Backup Server Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes It fails with - Error a c - Unable to attach to one of the drives This user has an Exchange mailbox I gave this user full read and write write permissions to Solved: Veritas backupExec for Exchange server - Changed User ID and password. the mailbox folder and the public folder the same rights the old user account the user has been given domain admin rights for the purpose of troubleshooting the resource credentials within BackupExec are all set to this account and finally all proper services are started and pointed ot this new account The backup is catching all the other non exchange parts of the backups e g files and shadow copy stuff What is the hook I am missing that made it so this new account won t back up these exchange portions nbsp

A:Solved: Veritas backupExec for Exchange server - Changed User ID and password.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-veritas-backupexec-for-exchange-server-changed-user-id-and-password.496867/
Relevancy 51.6%

About to head out to have a look at a mates computer shes on 2000 and said she was doing online banking and the numbers for her password worked for a couple then nothing, it froze she shut down the computer and now when she starts up she cant even get past user log in screen.

If i start up in safe mode then run tests if it allows me ?? or what can i do if i cant get into it to check or run any tests, can you restore a computer from safe mode??

A:Solved: windows 2000 wont go past user password screen

Can you log on with another account like "administrator"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-2000-wont-go-past-user-password-screen.658702/
Relevancy 51.6%

How can I stop XP from asking me for a password when I start up the computer? I never had it that way before, but now it asks me for a password. I just hit enter and it logs me in normally. I want to get rid of that and don't know how or where it came from.

Thanks!

A:Can I get rid of XP password prompt?

If your logged in as administrator, go to users account and see how it's handling logins.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-get-rid-of-xp-password-prompt.234182/
Relevancy 51.6%

How can I disable the username and password request prompt during startup in xp pro?

thanks

A:getting rid of password prompt

You can get TweakUI for XP. It has the option to log on automatically.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-rid-of-password-prompt.396386/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all I have a user account on my laptop running Windows named 'RDPLIVE' FYI It is an admin account but it is NOT the in-built Administrator account What I want to do is either When the password prompt appears at first boot-up prompt! Password I would like my 'startup apps' to load in the background so that once i have entered my password and 'logged-in' my startup apps are 'nearly loaded' if you know what I mean OR Disable the requirement for the password at first boot-up but then still Password prompt! be Password prompt! required to be Password prompt! entered should I lock my PC at any later point in time If only Option is available then I would go for that one and then part of my startup 'commands' apart form opening apps such as anti-virus and torrent clients etc I would also add a 'Lock PC' command so it 'mimics' what I want to get out of Option Sounds like a good thing to have on my laptop as I am the only one who uses it and will ever use it There will always only be this ONE account on the laptop and I use it as a desk PC w docking station so in terms of 'how secure' this idea is that is not my main concern I wold just like to know if what I want to happen is at all possible Thanks for reading and any comments would be greatly appreciated Kind Regards Martyn

A:Password prompt!

Click your Start Orb/Button (whatever you want to call it), type netplwiz into the Search box, press enter. From there Option 2 is available.

Log On Automatically at Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/142546-password-prompt.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I know this has been covered probably somewhere, but I can't find out how to add a password box to the UAC prompts so it asks for my password (or whoever's the account it is using privileges with). It did this sometimes in Vista, but I have Windows 7 (it came with this computer). unfortunately I found a tutorial on the forums, but it uses GPedit which Windows 7 Home Premium does not have. I would like to have the extra security by having to enter my password with UAC (I believe it does this in OS X too).

Here is a picture of the one on Mac OS X (Although I don't need it where you have to type the username)

Thanks!
RJ

A:Add a password prompt to UAC?

Read this (post #6) and do system restore point before trying it

cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/125872-add-password-prompt-uac.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

i'm running windows 2000 professional and wanted to know how to delete the password prompt when i first start up my computer.

also i need some help with irq. what is irq and how do i access it on my computer?

as always any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

thank you!

Relevancy 51.6%

Today when i went to restart my computer after installing a wireless card i clicked on Start/Shutdown as usual but a different style box came up with the options in a drop down menu instead of the usual 3 options in front of you. Also when it restarted it went to the log on page and asked for a password which it has never done so before. I purposefully left the password blank when i first set it up so as not to forget it (no one else logs on to it but me). I just clicked enter and it started as usual but how do i stop it asking for the password at all? What could have caused it to change to this setup as nothing for windows has been changed?

A:New password prompt?

(If this is a NETGEAR card)1. Go to Start->Run2. Type in msconfig3. Navigate to the "Startup" tab4. Uncheck NrvGina.dll (or something like that)5. Apply and Close 6. Restart

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/220723/new-password-prompt/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, I would like to make it so that when I access computer a from any other computer in the house, it prompts for a password to any other computer trying to access the computer's files. Again, only the computer's files, because I do not want printers and such to be password protected ( i do not have a print server).

Or, if that is not possible, how would I make it so that a specific computer cannot have access to computer a's files? i tried changing the workgroup to two seperate workgroups, but that specific computer is still able to access my files even though the account is password protected, and the accounts names are different, without a password prompt of any sort.

thanks!

A:password prompt

you may disable guest account.

Prompt for the guest password The Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
Information Might Be Corrupted. Prompt for the guest password ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/trobleshootingw2kxp.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/password-prompt.399422/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there people,

I was trying to share some folders over a wireless network between my desktop and laptop but having the password option enabled on my desktop it still does not ask for a password prompt when accessing the folder from another computer??

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium on both machines via a Netgear wireless Router.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/263491-no-password-prompt.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I am using windows 2000 professional an everytime I use the send and receive option using outlook it asks me for my password. What is going on?

A:Password prompt

In Outlook go to Tools, Options, Connection...Uncheck the box for Hang up after sending and receiving.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/password-prompt.124186/
Relevancy 51.6%

Here's what I'm trying to do in short win client is please [help] user/pass no prompt trying to access win server without any user pass prompt in [help] no user/pass prompt please details On my win client I have AutoUnattend xml that has firstlogon cmd stored in win server share firstlogon cmd Previously win server was winxpserver There were no login prompts After migrating to win server things became rather difficult I have done the following quot o Turn off password protected sharing quot net user Guest active yes on both win client [help] no user/pass prompt please and win server for testing sakes tried various combination under quot control panel network and sharing center advanced sharing settings quot on both win client and win server I can log in as guest on win server by entering quot Guest quot Closest I get to what I need accomplished is entering ' net use win server user Guest quot quot ' parameter persistent yes does [help] no user/pass prompt please not work in this case I will need to script this to startup to do what I need It is ugly and I have not tested and I don't like it There has to be a better way I've considered using a powershell script to join win server homegroup but I can't find any such scripts Any suggestions

A:[help] no user/pass prompt please

Are you using Windows 7 as a server or are you really using Windows Server 2008 R2 = Windows 7 Server?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/94123-help-no-user-pass-prompt-please.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Can anyone give me the command prompt to create a new user?

A:Command prompt for new user?

Hello AnthoRasher,

Option Three in the tutorial below can help show you how to.

User Account - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/267097-command-prompt-new-user.html
Relevancy 51.17%

For security reasons Microsoft does not allow parents computer administrators to check on maintain adjust or otherwise enter their kids limited users XP profiles without either resetting their passwords or waiting for them to come home and being confrontational about it Ideally I would like to be able to log on to a limited user account from my administrator account without tampering with anyone s passwords-resetting them or Bypass or or Screensaver W/out Password Adjust User Find XP User Reset Limited otherwise Actually I have little interest in the step kids personal life and stuff Alternately perhaps you may help me with my ultimate goal limiting screensaver activity My Find or Bypass XP Limited User Password W/out Reset or Adjust User Screensaver arrogant and belligerant teenage stepson likes to customize the family room to his tastes rather that leave it to the generic unbiased interest of the family in general Latest he has designed his quot my pictures quot screensaver somehow to override cmos settings to illustrate various pictures of himself for unlimited time rather than allow cmos or windows to shut off the monitor after periods of inactivity Typically he would prefer to be confrontational about it fight and argue over the issue stressing out his depressed mom in the process I do not want to fight-I just want my monitor to go off after a while of non-use and not be kept on by XP Sorry about all the disfunctional family issues I had to mention for background It is hard dealing with Find or Bypass XP Limited User Password W/out Reset or Adjust User Screensaver an aggressive controlling kid Obviously most of the time the computer is left on his profile but I quot am not allowed quot to adjust the power settings when it is for some reason from his profile nbsp

A:Find or Bypass XP Limited User Password W/out Reset or Adjust User Screensaver

looks like you have no choice in resetting passwords, who's house is it anyway???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/find-or-bypass-xp-limited-user-password-w-out-reset-or-adjust-user-screensaver.428368/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi In A domain environment when wifi user a reseting connect cannot user directory from password to Active after i rest a user password from active directory users and user cannot connect to wifi after reseting a user password from Active directory computers he is unable to login to Windows with new password He is configured to login through wifi And we are using single sign on in the wifi settings This issue is only affecting few users connection to company wifi network is authenticated through x so we manualy create a wifi profile for x At the dual login screen the new credentials we are using active directory credentials for wifi since it's x are entered First it user cannot connect to wifi after reseting a user password from Active directory spits an error that unable to connect to wifi Then windows spits an error of invalid user name or password If we enter the old credentials at login in both wifi access and windows access we are able to login to Windows it logs in with Cached credentials but I it obviously is unable to connect to wifi network The user is a member of wifi group so he has access to wifi and he can access wifi through his iPhone Also another observation is that if I login with his Cached credentials and configure a wifi profile connection using his new reseted password password windows spits an error that cannot connect to the network So the core issue is that after reseting his password from active directory users and computers he cannot connect to wifi through windows The workaround that currently I do is i login with his Cached credentials to Windows and then i use my own credentials to configure wifi connection and ask him to login to Windows using his Cached credentials while he will be using my credentials for wifi access And for other systems that will be using credentials like email he uses new credentials Pretty crude solution Any way how to figure out what could go wrong Besides i have tried configuring a wifi connection profile on another users laptop using the affected user credentials I got same error that windows cannot connect you to wifi So the real issue is that after resetting the password of the user from aduc he cannot connect to wifi Any clue idea Windows is latest and updated We are using Microsoft forefront endpoint protection

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-cannot-connect-to-wifi-after-reseting-a-user-password-from-active-directory-769826.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all We are having a real issue with local profiles user profile service on our domain Our staff accounts are using local profiles When a staff member changes their password something is happening to their profiles on the machines that their local profile is stored When they try to login the machine is getting stuck at quot Please wait for the user profile service quot It never continues we have left for mins or more and profiles, hanging issue service Big profile and user user's changing :( password local with it doesn't continue We are currently having to use delprof to remove their profiles from ALL machines they have previously logged into which is a lot of hassle nbsp We first noticed this issue when we upgraded our workstations from windows to windows nbsp I was hoping that upgrading to windows would fix the issue but sadly it doesn't This is causing us major hassle on our domain It only affects people with Big issue with user's local profiles, changing password and hanging user profile service :( local profiles our students use mandatory profiles and they are not affected Our DCs are R nbsp I have trawled google but cannot find any information on this At our yearly microsoft meeting i asked our regional account manager and he couldn't believe the issue He had never heard anything like this before From the event log the only thing i can see is that it is not finishing the load of the user profile nbsp Under user profile service events it shows this Event Recieved user logon notification on session Event Registry file C Users USERNAME ntuser dat is loaded at HKU S- - - - - - - Event Logon type Regular nbsp Local profile location C Users USERNAME nbsp Profile type Regular Event Registry file C Users USERNAME AppData Local Microsoft Windows UsrClass dat is loaded at HKU S- - - - - - - Classes Event This is where it get stucks But then it does not show the final step Event should be Finished processing user logon notification on session No other events are logged We hadn't changed any GPOs before the upgrade to windows Any help would be greatly welcome

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1bc82ef5-71cf-438e-b223-d7aa88ea8de4/big-issue-with-users-local-profiles-changing-password-and-hanging-user-profile-service-?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there I ve got Password? For Non-existent Prompt a weird problem and was hoping you guys could help me out Board Asus K N-E socket nVidia chipset Proc Athlon clawhammer RAM GB x Video ATI Radeon X MB AGP O S Windows XP Home SP up to date My wife and I share one computer using two separate user accounts She works from home so I m usually running a Prompt For Non-existent Password? few apps before I go to work I leave these running and she uses fast user-switching to work from her desktop all day Lately of course she didn t tell me when Prompt For Non-existent Password? it started to happen when she tries Prompt For Non-existent Password? to switch from my account to hers Windows prompts for a password BUT THERE IS NO PASSWORD ON HER ACCOUNT If she tries to log back in to my account it also prompts for a password but my account is the same there is no password I ve tried using the administrator password just hitting enter etc etc but nothing will get me back to either desktop I m stuck on the Welcome Screen I ve googled around and tried some solutions for similar problems but I haven t had any luck yet nor encountered anyone with this same problem So to review when the comp is first started you can click either username there are only two both administrators and it will log on no problems If you click Start Log Off and Switch User you are back to the Welcome Screen but cannot log in to either account and you re forced to restart from the quot Turn Off quot button on the Welcome Screen I have checked that the Fast User-Switching service and Terminal Services are both started automatically and seem to be error free There is nothing in the logs to suggest the source of the problem I heard of a few ppl having problems with Fast User-Switching while using ATI video and for them a driver rollback helped but it didn t help me I m out of ideas so here s the word you re expecting HELP

A:Prompt For Non-existent Password?

I dont know if this will work or not. But l would try to start windows in safe mode and go under the administrator account. Then set up a password for both accounts that you cant get into. So that way you know the password. Then restart and see if you can get in using the new password. Let me know if this works or not. I never seen this problem before. To enter safe mode hit f5 or f8 i think while you are booting up then choose safe mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88202/prompt-for-non-existent-password/
Relevancy 51.17%

I've set all the Advanced Sharing settings as I always do, with no password for sharing, Network discovery, sharing allowed, but one PC on this network insists on prompting for a Network password when trying to connect to the other. It stopped for awhile but is back to doing it again now, also apparently blocking sync via Skydrive Skyshell. Is there another setting I need to check which I'm missing?

A:What causes prompt for Network password?

Hey Greg,

I'm sure you are aware of this but the time/date settings between those machines needs to be in sync or there will be problems.

Sometimes if the bios clock or the routers clock is off it can also cause problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/261333-what-causes-prompt-network-password.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi
I want to be able to reset the password promt pop-up. I clicked on don't remember anymore passwords and I don't know how to find this prompter to let it remember passwords. I know this is only a simple question but I could do with some help please.
Many thanks and sorry to be a pain asking something so trivial.
R.Beevers

A:Password remember prompt

Assuming this is for Internet Explorer, go to tools > internet options > content tab > autocomplete settings button. You should find what you're looking for there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/password-remember-prompt.610286/
Relevancy 51.17%

I installed Homegroup on a new laptop. I can access the other two computers in my house. however, when I try to access the new laptop from the other computers, I get a user id & password prompt.

I found out that the time on the new computer was one hour off, and it was set for "Turn on password protected sharing". I fixed both of these problems, but that did not help. Is it possible that the changes I made were not written to the registry?

Please help.

A:Homegroup password prompt

ome

Quote: Originally Posted by dlk7107

I installed Homegroup on a new laptop. I can access the other two computers in my house. however, when I try to access the new laptop from the other computers, I get a user id & password prompt.

I found out that the time on the new computer was one hour off, and it was set for "Turn on password protected sharing". I fixed both of these problems, but that did not help. Is it possible that the changes I made were not written to the registry?
h
Please help.

I suspect the other two computers are not win 7. Homegroup requires a password and when you set up win 7 and it asked you what type of network you connect to (you said a home network) it provided a user id and password.

Check how to join homegroup (in help under network and sharing). A work around is to create a new connection based on the older network config called "workgroup". It doesnt use IPv6 nor require a password.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181539-homegroup-password-prompt.html
Relevancy 51.17%

One of scores and scores of people having home network connection issues...when prompted for the password, etc, when trying to access a network share (another desktop in the house)...This may sound stupid...but what is the attached jpg network password asking for ?

Right now only a 2 PC network (not Homegroup) Sharing is enabled and in Private mode all network settings have been checked and double checked

Is it the password for the current system...ie this PC's password when trying to connect to Network share ?
Is it the particular user that's logged on password ?
Is it the password for the network share I'm trying to reach ?
Is it separate or different from the Windows On-line account password ?

Same for user...is it the current users name...is it the current PC's name....or is it the name the MS account is using
Thanks....TiminAz

A:What is this network password prompt asking for ?

The user name is the current user name of the comp you want to access. BUT, you must prefix it with the comp name.
e.g. MARYANNES-WIN10\username

Naturally, the password is for the 'username' account.

These credentials should be stored in ctrl-panel\Credential Manager\Windows Credentials.

Hope this helps.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/35427-what-network-password-prompt-asking.html
Relevancy 51.17%

i can't access my email accounts from my computer. outlook (2003) won't save my passwords and continues to prompt me everytime i log in. *ANNOYING* before this post, i've tried deleting the sub key in the registry under "protected storage system provider" as instructed on microsoft.com. i had to go to 'RUN' and type REGEDIT & REGEDT32 to access the registry. after all this, outlook still can't find my email account infos. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. i don't think it's necessary to reformat my computer just because of this. i tried restoring but for some reason my computer won't let me. what else should i try to restore my 'PROTECTED STORAGE SYSTEM PROVIDER?"

Relevancy 51.17%

I am getting Password Prompt boxes on many web pages. This happens in all browsers and the location my broswer wants to connect to is different for each website.I had a post here (which includes a screen shot and also logs carried out over the last few days) - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/292743/yieldmanagercom-password-boxes/Can anyone help, when I clicked the link in the most recent post pointing to this thread I was asked to connect to:pagead2.googlesyndication.comad1.netshelter.nettrack.netshelter.netwww.google-analytics.com

A:Password Prompt Boxes

Try exiting all security programs except the Windows firewall. I would suggest youuninstall 2 of them---Spybot and AdAware. After exiting/ shutting down all security programs,try going to a site and see if you still get the request for password to allow connection to thevarious ad purveyors and trackers. You can block the installation of ad/ tracking cookies (third party cookies) in IE and Firefox. After changing your settings to block, simply remove the existing ones by running a scan with Super Antispyware or delete them manually. Install NoScript and AdBlock Plus on your Firefox Browser. NoScript will keep malware from installing by just visiting a site plus many other types of malware threats and Adblock Plus blocks ads from installing. I noticed you were asking about a firewall. I have used the ZA firewall for many years with noproblems. Just be sure to ONLY accept the installation of the free firewall and NOT any other toolbar, addon, browser helper or Ask Toolbar. Be sure to uncheck any of those. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722 (NoScript)https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865 (AdBlock Plus)http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/zo...ee-firewall.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296996/password-prompt-boxes/
Relevancy 51.17%

Please help! Can't get this network password prompt despite of my email acct password being saved. Everytime I press ok , it keeps on displaying this box with my server , usenname and password supplied.I tried all the possible solutions online but none of them resolved this issue.Hope you'd share some info.Thanks.

A:Can Get Rid Of Network Password Prompt

Veth -

Can you be more specific? Which email client are using? Is it web based? What solutions have you tried?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/170725/can-get-rid-of-network-password-prompt/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all. I recently upgraded from xp home to xp pro, although I dont know if that matters, as I am not sure of exactly when this problem started. Anyway, some websites I go to for banking and such have password prompts or pages. When I click on the link to go to the members page to enter a password, it is as if I entered the wrong password and I am taken to a page that says invalid password entered, or whatever page the site has set up for passwords that do not work and deny entrance. IE wont even bring up the page that allows me to enter the password, it just skips right by it. It this a new bug or does this have to do with upgrading to xp. I have all the latest patches and stuff, and never had this happen before. Thanks! Norman.

A:IE Password prompt at websites

try this in IE...

Tools...options...content....Autocomplete....uncheck all there...+ chear all forms +
passwords

click ok & try again

+ all updates r done?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-password-prompt-at-websites.259654/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi. One of my office website is not prompting me for saving the user name and the password. I have also downloaded the 'saved password editor' add on from firefox. It gives an option to manually add the url, user name and the pasword, however it is not showing the user name and the password when i open the link.

A:Firefox Password Prompt

The web site could be designed to block the saving of user names and passwords. My bank does that, for example. Nothing you can do about it if this is the case, and I highly suspect it is since this is the only site where this happens for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-password-prompt-567276.html
Relevancy 51.17%

After securing my Netgear Router and configuring my wireless settings, everytime I go online via AOL or IE, the 192.168.1.1 window with the "keys" comes up asking for user name & password. I put in default admin & password (twice) and it all works. But how can I go online without this window coming up each time?
Thanks in advance for you help.

A:Constant Password Prompt

in ie, go to tools, internet options, and on the general tab, is the hompage box showing http://192.168.1.1 by any chance? This really shouldnt affect the aol program, but it is still the right place to start.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constant-password-prompt.686517/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am attempting to connect to my new roommate's network, which is password-protected, but it does not prompt me for the password and therefore won't allow me to connect to the internet.

It will begin the connection process, and declare that it has connected, but it really is not connected. Also, when trying to connect, Windows informs me that I am missing a "certificate."

No one else has an issue connecting.

This is on an HP Mini, with a "broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN", with Windows XP.

Thank you.

A:No network password-prompt

What's the exact version of Windows on each machine? XP-Home or XP-Pro on yours? How about his?
Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

PING each remote computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. Open a command prompt as described above and type.

PING <ip address>
or
PING <computer name>

Where:
<ip address> - is the x.x.x.x IP address
<computer name> - is the computer name

A failure to PING is almost always a firewall configuration issue. Any failure to PING needs to be corrected before you go any farther.

Note: You can obtain the IP address and computer name of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG /ALL. This should work for any Windows version. The IPCONFIG /ALL display will provide a wealth of useful information for debugging your network connection.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:

COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic.

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.
All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Places (Network and Sharing Center in Vista), make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login. NOTE: Vista's default is to require a password on the account to enable file/print sharing.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing. You can open a command prompt as described above and type the following command: nbtstat -n. This will display the status of NetBIOS or indicate it's not configured.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-password-prompt.895322/
Relevancy 51.17%

We have W2K Domain Controller/Active Directory. Users used to be prompted to change password before expiration date. Now users are no longer being promoted to change their passwords. I checked the setting (prompt user to change password before expiration). It is set to 5 days at the domain level. I have also turned on "no override" switch under options. Users still not prompted to change their passwords. Is there any other setting, I have to set in order for users to be warned that their passwords about to expire? Users passwords will expires in few days. Please any suggestion, Please help

A:No password prompt before expiration

... found these:***********************************************Passwords can be set so they expire and force users to create a new password in the interest of security. This setting dictates how many days before the password expires a warning will be given to the user[Start] [Run] [Regedit]Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinlogonModify/Create the Value Data Type(s) and Value Name(s) as detailed below.Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: PasswordExpiryWarningSetting for Value Data: [Enter Number of Days Before Expiration to Begin Warnings]Exit Registry and Reboot*************************************************************System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]Value Name: PasswordExpiryWarningData Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)Value Data: Number of Days (Default = 14)******************************************************* Change this policy Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local > Policies -> Security Options -> Interactive logon: Prompt user to change password before expirationHere set the number of days (default is 14) before users start getting warnings that their password will expire...****************************************************************On Windows, you can see overall security settings for all accounts on the box using the command:C:\> net accountsForce user logoff how long after time expires?: NeverMinimum password age (days): 0Maximum password age (days): 42Minimum password length: 0Length of password history maintained: NoneLockout threshold: NeverLockout duration (minutes): 30Lockout observation window (minutes): 30Computer role: WORKSTATIONThe command completed successfully....[on win2k "Computer role:" says SERVER]********************************************C:\> net accounts /domainYou can run this on any system that is a member of the domain, and it'll show you the domain-wide settings for accounts..... hope some of this helps!..Grrrr"...pentathol makes you sing like a canary"http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/...... got brain freeze

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/no-password-prompt-before-expiration/65752.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all.
I wanted to enable autо logon on my PC and I did it as I knew: CMD > Control userpasswords2 > Uncheck "Users have to enter a password to..." > Enter my password. Now I have this weird problem:
When I try to run a program with Admin rights I get the UAC popup, but it says "Enter an admin password to continue and press Yes. Problem is that I have nowhere to enter the password and even if I just type it Yes is still grayed out (unavailable). What to do???? Also, I noticed that my user status is changed to guest account...???!?!? Weird.... I can't go back to userpasswords2, because UAC won't let me and I can't disable UAC, because that need UAC too!!!!
Please help!!! This is very very bad!!!

A:UAC control password prompt

Personally, I'd recommend two things (until further investigation)
Create new User Account with Administrative rights, move all of your files, shortcuts, etc.. from the old profile to the new profile.Assuming that the new account WON'T require a password for UAC, download & install windows 7 Manager, and configure the way the UAC works in the application.

Boot into Safe Mode (UAC isn't used in Safe Mode), run Windows 7 Manager, and disable the UAC fully here. Restart back into "normal" mode.
Hope all is well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/60855-uac-control-password-prompt.html
Relevancy 51.17%

So I was working on my mother s laptop computer earlier and she was interested in getting rid of the Welcome Screen and the Password Prompt at the startup of windows and also getting rid of unused users I found the the at password prompt Locked out process for Locked out at the password prompt these things on the internet and disabled the welcome screen through quot User accounts quot in the control pannel and eliminated all but the administrator my mother quot Jane quot I then put quot control password quot into run and Locked out at the password prompt deselected quot Users must enter user name and password quot Again I removed all the unused users except for Jane who had administrator priviliages I then restarted Upon restart it hit the login screen and beeped saying that the user name and password were incorrect Regardless of what I do it will not allow me to login I have tried accessing in safe mode I have tried ctrl alt del I have tried using the names quot administrator quot and quot computer administrator quot and nothing will work It almost seems like I have removed the ability to log in somehow My thoughs are that I may have messed something up in removing the users under quot control password quot and if so what can i do to fix this nbsp

A:Locked out at the password prompt

Sounds like you set it to AutoLogin with the account named Administrator. On XP home you will have to get in using safe mode to fix this issue. Did you ever set a password on the Administrator account or your mother's account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locked-out-at-the-password-prompt.525410/
Relevancy 51.17%

Is it possible in Windows XP to have a password prompt if your monitor shuts off after a certain period of time being away from your desk? Thanks.