Windows Support Forum

Copy an access database to SQL server database using VB.NET

Q: Copy an access database to SQL server database using VB.NET

Hi Guys,

Im trying to write some code that will copy my access database , tables and data to a new sql server database, ive got the code to create the sql database but i need to populate it from my application

Any answers would be grateful

Thanks
Mark

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Copy an access database to SQL server database using VB.NET

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Copy an access database to SQL server database using VB.NET

Google: import access to sql server

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-an-access-database-to-sql-server-database-using-vb-net.1045442/
Relevancy 104.06%

what are the stages in doing so?

A:how to copy an access database file onto a cd?

Find mdb file, copy to CD using burning software like Nero.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-copy-an-access-database-file-onto-a-cd.355692/
Relevancy 103.63%

Here's the question- how do I open a form in an existing database from another db in Access 2010 using VBA and give it focus. I can open the external db and it's form but cannot figure how to give it focus. I'm trying to create a master form that will call various databases that each have a form. Seems simple, open the master menu, click on a button that then opens the called db and the associated form. Do my business exit the db and am back at the master form. I would be okay to just close the master db, all it has it the main menu or leave it open. Doesn't matter which I just want to open the called db and form and have its focus.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/how-to-open-existing-database-from-another-database-using-access-vba.4070487/
Relevancy 103.63%

Hi,
I don't support Access, nor have I been trained in it, but I've been asked if I can help in this problem.
An Access database connects externally to a SQLServer database at login time for the application. How do I find which external database they are connecting to? I know that there is a way to go behind the forms to see the source code, but I cant remember how to do this.
I cannot find an obvious User/System file dsn on the PC to give me a clue.
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 103.63%

I'm building a database application in Visual Basic .NET and I want to know what is the equivalent code of this when I want to make a connection to mysql:

Protected connString As String = _
"Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"Data Source = " & loc & "\dbProject.mdb;"

Private cn As OleDb.OleDbConnection = New OleDb.OleDbConnection(connString)

Private ConnectionString As String = connString

A:Exporting MS Access Database to MySQL Database

You would have to have the MySQL driver for it on the server regardless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exporting-ms-access-database-to-mysql-database.389139/
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi I have made a copy of my database and saved it to a flash drive I want to be able to clear out certain fields in the tables that contain sensitive information so that I can work with another consultant with out privacy issues being compromised My question is Can I delete the data in those fields using the copy database only and not affect the live database I m afraid that if I alter the copy on the flash drive while database of tables Copy and Access linked on my desktop it will affect the live database which the tables are linked to on a server Will the data on the copy know or link to the live tables on the server or are they not connected once I save a copy Is there a way to quot un-link quot the tables on the flash drive so that they do not affect any live data Normally I wouldn t hesitate to play around and figure it out for myself but I can t take that risk with Copy of Access database and linked tables this data Thanks for any help anyone can offer nbsp

A:Copy of Access database and linked tables

If you have live links to your server in the database and tinker with it away from the server but then log that file back in, you would alter those tables. However, it is possible to break the links by opening the db, copying the table that is linked and going to Paste. You will be offered a choice of several options - paste as a linked table (no), paste structure only (no), something else(I forget, but no) or paste structure and data (yes). You will have to call it something else for the moment - later, you can rename the new files to what the old linked ones were called so that all your dependencies/queries/forms/reports/macros work.
When you are on a non-networked PC you can do what you want with these new tables.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-of-access-database-and-linked-tables.761721/
Relevancy 101.48%

Although I've used Access for 15 or so years, I've never password-protected a database. I did so today after spending 2.5 hours cleaning out garbage left by some people who didn't know what they were doing. I then copied the database, both the client and server sides -- I thought -- to a jump drive. When I got back to my office, I found that the files that were on the jump drive were the ones I had put there early this morning before going to the organization where we did the cleanup. Does that mean that password-protected databases cannot be copied to a drive outside of the one they're on?

Relevancy 99.76%

Let me start by saying that I m a low level tech trying to solve a higher level problem so what may be obvious to some 2003 on 97 Access Database Windows Server people is likely unknown to me We had an access database on a shared folder on a workstation at one of our remote facilities Recently we put a Windows Server machine over there to you guessed it be a server The share and all the files were moved off of the workstation and onto the server The only real change that I noticed Access 97 Database on Windows Server 2003 is that when they open any of the files on that drive it now comes up with an Open or Cancel dialogue box This is no problem just an extra step The problem comes when someone is inside a particular database If one person has the file open Windows will not allow a second person to open the Access 97 Database on Windows Server 2003 file If they try it just sits there they don t even receive the Open or Cancel dialogue box until the person with the file Access 97 Database on Windows Server 2003 open closes it EDIT I should point out that the permissions seem to me anyway to be the same as they used to be Any ideas - Pat nbsp

A:Access 97 Database on Windows Server 2003

Pat, check that the users "shortcuts" have not got the "Open Exclusive" set.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-97-database-on-windows-server-2003.446743/
Relevancy 97.61%

I need to query a table in a database that I need to write to to determine what records I need to pull from the database I need to read from.
Example(This dosnt work):

DECLARE

DateVar Date;

BEGIN

DateVar := Select MAX(Invoice_Date) from write_To_Table;

COPY FROM read_database TO write_database INSERT-
destination_table (column_name, column_name...) -
USING select * from read_From_Table where invoice_Date > DateVar;

END;

Any other suggestions

A:COPY FROM database TO database USING

Hi,

What you need to do is:
- Connect to write_database.
Query the DateVar for your WHERE condition.

- Connect to read_database.
Query all the records what that you want to insert to write_database.
Then store the records to "ARRAY"

- Connect to write_database.
Insert your "ARRAY" to destination_table

I hope this helps.

Red

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-from-database-to-database-using.361790/
Relevancy 97.61%

I created an application in Access with a form and database I have to make it a client server type app now I need to put just the database and report files on the server for users to use Each will have the form portion of the app The app will now have to connect to the Access database on the server I need to know the best approach to connecting to the database this way and how to use record locking Originally I could just use CurrentDB on the form as it was integrated with the database But to connect to the database on the server I tried using a connection locking? & on connecting to database server record Access 2007 object and creating a recordset that way But I don t seem to be able to lock the record ussing existing things like the recordset locktype property or setting the Recordlocks property on the form Please help me figure out the best method of the various ones to connect to the database on the server as in ADODB DAO database object or whatever and how to use record locking so the users cannot have the same record open at the same time Thank you Valhalla nbsp

Relevancy 92.88%

I have MS Access 2000. I initially created a long book list several years ago. I recently found a template from the MS database for books that I downloaded that I like better. I have tried importing the data from the old database to the new one but with no luck. Both are in Access 2000. I am running Win2K.
Thanks

Relevancy 90.3%

I want to copy an access database from a zip drive to a hard drive. Can I simply just select the database and do a copy and paste or is there anything else involved? Also, what would be the easist way to make changes to the database on the hard drive and have them update on the zip drive and vice versa?

A:copy access database from zip drive to hard drive

That should do it.
Copy/paste or click and drag.

To "back up" the database regularly?
Copy and paste over.
There is no EASIER way without getting very involved.
Since the drive is just for a simple backup, I would keep it simple.

Please make sure you're compacting your Access DB on close (Tools-Options, General tab, in 2000 and above), so that it doesn't unnecessarily get bigger and bigger.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-access-database-from-zip-drive-to-hard-drive.225042/
Relevancy 88.58%

I can't figure out how to add a column to the right of all my data. I insert column, and it inserts a column LEFT of the column my cursor is in (the very last column). And I haven't figured out how to manipulate the columns to move them around like I can in Excel (which is still a hit or miss thing for me - anyone have the tip on how to do that, too?)

A:Adding database columns to the RIGHT of the last database column

For any curious, I did find a way... You have to open design view and add it in one of the blanks beneath your last entry.

Not quite as easy as just right-click > insert, but it works.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260904/adding-database-columns-to-the-right-of-the-last-database-column/
Relevancy 88.58%

I am just starting to us VB 2008 Express. There seem to be two different types of database I can create in it. I see something called "local database" and something called "Service-Based Database". Can you tell me what is the different between the two? I am developing the application on my computer now but I would want to have the database on the server after so multiple users can access the database. I most likely be using a web hosting company for this. Thank you.

A:Service-Based Database Vs. Local Database

A quick google search came up with this Adobe reader file which seems to have most of the answers for your question

Here is the link.

Also, to access and read this file, you will need Adobe Reader.

(Simply click the colored links to be re-directed)

Let us know if that is what you are looking for,

-Coolfreak

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/service-based-database-vs-local-database-267364.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I am doing vb using database Copy SQL a weekend database project It is almost over but one part is holding me back The application is connected to the database and i want to copy the database to another directory but the application throws an error when copying Code System IO IOException was unhandled Message quot The Copy SQL database using vb process cannot access the file 'C Documents and Settings blah Desktop Thumb drive backup Data blah again bin Debug dbase mdf' because it is being used by another process quot Source quot mscorlib quot StackTrace at System IO Error WinIOError Int errorCode String maybeFullPath at System IO File InternalCopy String sourceFileName String destFileName Boolean overwrite at System IO File Copy String sourceFileName String destFileName Boolean overwrite at Microsoft VisualBasic FileIO FileSystem CopyOrMoveFile CopyOrMove operation String sourceFileName String destinationFileName Boolean overwrite UIOptionInternal showUI UICancelOption onUserCancel at Microsoft VisualBasic MyServices FileSystemProxy CopyFile String sourceFileName String destinationFileName at badgeorder MainForm swBackupDatabase LinkClicked Object sender LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e in C Documents and Settings blah Desktop Thumb drive backup Data blah again MainForm vb line at System Windows Forms LinkLabel OnLinkClicked LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e at System Windows Forms LinkLabel OnMouseUp MouseEventArgs e at System Windows Forms Control WmMouseUp Message amp m MouseButtons button Int clicks at System Windows Forms Control WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms Label WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms LinkLabel WndProc Message amp msg at System Windows Forms Control ControlNativeWindow OnMessage Message amp m at System Windows Forms Control ControlNativeWindow WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms NativeWindow DebuggableCallback IntPtr hWnd Int msg IntPtr wparam IntPtr lparam at System Windows Forms UnsafeNativeMethods DispatchMessageW MSG amp msg at System Windows Forms Application ComponentManager System Windows Forms UnsafeNativeMethods IMsoComponentManager FPushMessageLoop Int dwComponentID Int reason Int pvLoopData at System Windows Forms Application ThreadContext RunMessageLoopInner Int reason ApplicationContext context at System Windows Forms Application ThreadContext RunMessageLoop Int reason ApplicationContext context at System Windows Forms Application Run ApplicationContext context at Microsoft VisualBasic ApplicationServices WindowsFormsApplicationBase OnRun at Microsoft VisualBasic ApplicationServices WindowsFormsApplicationBase DoApplicationModel at Microsoft VisualBasic ApplicationServices WindowsFormsApplicationBase Run String commandLine at badgeorder My MyApplication Main String Args in d f c-a - - - c vb line at System AppDomain nExecuteAssembly Assembly assembly String args at System AppDomain ExecuteAssembly String assemblyFile Evidence assemblySecurity String args at Microsoft VisualStudio HostingProcess HostProc RunUsersAssembly at System Threading ThreadHelper ThreadStart Context Object state at System Threading ExecutionContext Run ExecutionContext executionContext ContextCallback callback Object state at System Threading ThreadHelper ThreadStart Here is the code im using Code Private Sub swBackupDatabase LinkClicked ByVal sender As System Object ByVal e As System Windows Forms LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs Handles swBackupDatabase LinkClicked '--- Configure the folder browser dialog With SelectFolder Reset Description quot Choose where the database will be backed up quot ShowNewFolderButton True End With '--- Get destination SelectFolder ShowDialog Dim DestinationPath As String If SelectFolder SelectedPath quot quot Then Exit Sub DestinationPath SelectFolder SelectedPath '--- Get path of the current database Dim CurrentDBPath As String CurrentDBPath GetDBPath '--- Copy current db to the destination path My Computer FileSystem CopyFile CurrentDBPath DestinationPath amp... Read more

A:Copy SQL database using vb

Just an idea: have you tried closing all connections to the DB beforehand?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-sql-database-using-vb.850244/
Relevancy 85.14%

I was just dragged into the st century not sure I like it at all Win was near values to 9 database ms to from copy spreadsheet works trying - death so I purchased a new computer with Vista bit but that's another story I have used MSWks for years and know my way around it Having a problem with MSWks - have a bank deposit system set up using a database for deposits with reports created that print my ms works 9 - trying to copy values from database to spreadsheet deposit slips and a deposit summary With MSWks I was able to copy values from my deposit database to a spreadsheet that was designed to act like a mini calculator - copied list of checks from deposit and used formula to total then copied total and pasted it back to database In MSWks if I try to copy values from deposit DATABASE and paste to a SPREADSHEET it arrives as a graphic instead of a numeric value so my formula that forces the spreadsheet to be a mini-calculator will not work Is ms works 9 - trying to copy values from database to spreadsheet there any way to defeat the quot paste as graphic quot It was really a timesaver for me I did try to install MSWks on Vista machine and was successful But ran into a lot of problems with both programs on my computer Decided to forget about the recording function and tough it out with MSWks Thanks tbach

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ms-works-9-trying-to-copy-values-from-database-to-spreadsheet-284646.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Our hospital has an outreach vaccination program. For vaccination read 'immunization'
The data on the vaccinations resides on the "home computer access database".
This database is copied on to a thumb drive which is given to the team
which, with their portable laptop, sets off to a remote area to give vaccinations.
During the vaccination clinic the laptop database copy gets new entries, new appointments are made
and details about the patients an their injections are recorded.
There may be 2 or 3 teams working remotely at once,with their thumbdrive copies.
The teams return to base and hand in the edited database on the thnumbdrive.
How do we update the main access database from an edited copy.
Could you please detaikl the proceedure needed. Thanks. Luki.

Relevancy 84.71%

I found out that I can't mount my .mds files. Then, I suspect that it is because my .mdf files are now associated with my SQL Server 2005. Meaning, the icon is the icon of the SQL Server program. But when I tried opening it, it gives me the "Open With" window.

How can I make it a "alone" file? (The icon is just a white page).

A:SQL Server Database associated with .mdf

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazua

I found out that I can't mount my .mds files. Then, I suspect that it is because my .mdf files are now associated with my SQL Server 2005. Meaning, the icon is the icon of the SQL Server program. But when I tried opening it, it gives me the "Open With" window.

How can I make it a "alone" file? (The icon is just a white page).

What do you mean by "alone file"?

And right click on a .mds file , Properties, General, and next to "type of file" click on CHANGE.

And then scroll to the desired program you want to associate the file with and then that program will open those files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sql-server-database-associated-with-mdf-250935.html
Relevancy 84.28%

How do I copy database search results to a text file?

I was trying this but appaently it did not fly.

select * from categories << f:\myfile.txt

Relevancy 83.42%

i have been using application(Visual Basic 6) in my office which uses SQL Server 7.0,now i wants to install windows 7 in my pc,i would like to know whether sql server 7.0 database can be restored in sql server 2008.pls guide me how to do the same

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/migrating-sql-server-7-database-to-sql-server-2008-a-592135.html
Relevancy 82.99%

What is the bad reason behind SQL server corruption and how can I resolve it after MDF files corruption.? i want read about more information about this SQL sever corruption and how to fix errors and recover MDF files.

A:Bad reason of SQL server database corruption and how can fix...

There are many reasons that will cause SQL Server database corruptions, including: 1. Hardware failure, such as disk failure, power interruption, etc.2. Software problems, such as defections in SQL Server itself, malware, virus, etc.3. Human misoperations. When SQL Server corruptions occurs, then the possible solutions are based on the situation: 1. If the corruption is not severe, then you can use the SQL Server build-in command DBCC CheckDB to correct the errors. See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms176064.aspx 2. If the corruption is severe, then you may try some third party tools such as DataNumen SQL Recovery to scan and recover the data from your corrupted MDF and NDF database files. Good luck!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Bad-reason-of-SQL-server-database-corruption-and-how-can-fix/td-p/3735806
Relevancy 82.99%

I have experience with MS Exchange Server 2013 for two years. But today I have seen - Corrupted header information, when I opened program. How did it happen? What to do?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/54187-microsoft-exchange-server-database.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi all,

We have system for our work that uses a web/application server and a database server. Around 150 people use this application and the data stored are usually text, ms office documents, pdf files and images. Suppose that about 50 people are using the system at any given time, what do you think will need better hardware specs, the database server or the web/application server?

Could you give any recommendations for the hardware specs? Like cpu, ram? A friend of mine suggested that it would be good to use the nVidia Tesla GPU for parallel processing. Is this a good idea or is this going a bit overboard?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-specs-for-database-server.1050157/
Relevancy 82.99%

I have installed SQL EXPRESS Management Tools but I cannot get it to do anything.

If I try to create a new database, I just get an error saying "Access to the database file is not allowed".

Also the object browser screen ( on the left ) is completely empty.

I have no existing files to connect to.

How do I get started ?

A:SQL SERVER EXPRESS 2008 will not allow New Database

Perhaps some help for you here:

Getting Started wiht SQL Server 2008 Express

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/206499-sql-server-express-2008-will-not-allow-new-database.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Due to sudden power failure issues; one of my SQL server database seems to have problem. I have tried detaching and attaching it again but getting SQL server error message 5172. It looks like my database is corrupt.

Can anyone suggest any tips/methods that help me in extracting data from my corrupt SQL server database?

A:How to recover SQL server database from corrupt mdf file?

Interesting. Word for word posted in this forum back in May 2015

https://community.spiceworks.com/to...ver-sql-server-database-from-corrupt-mdf-file

and this one 1 month ago.

@V_R @muckshifter

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/how-to-recover-sql-server-database-from-corrupt-mdf-file.4069589/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi All,

I've recently rebuilt a server for our Reports Database, installed SQL Server R2 2008 and updated to SP2. Installed all the preqs. However when restoring our test database, it takes forever to restore, literally hours. Is there something I missed? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks in advance

Dre

A:Issue with SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2: Database restore

First, investigate the technique being used: A binary image restore of the files OR just a plain SQL REPLACE. The binary restore is not the default, so I am afraid you're into the slow route.
Make sure you are not doing record at a time and are using the batch mode

If there's 1000's of records, ditch the indices:

DELETE all secondary indicies from every table (keep the definitions obviously)
Then RESTORE - - the base tables will fill much faster.

When done, update the schemas to add back the indices, and you can then write
SQL recreate the index data from the base tables.
​Being the SQL-DBA is fun :sigh:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-sql-server-2008-r2-sp2-database-restore.207465/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,
I'm running windows 7 pro machine to share a folder of data bases for few programs we run in the office.
the folders protected by local user permissions and the client computer have a mapped drive based on these credentials.

There is anything else i can do with low budget to secure the server against non-authorize access?
Thank You!

A:hardening database server based on windows 7

Make sure all admin passwords to the database are complex and long.

A lot of the burden for security rests with those applications that access the database. If the applications are buggy, then you won't have a secure database.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardening-database-server-based-on-windows-7.981164/
Relevancy 81.7%

I am using SQL Server 2005 database namely ABC on my office using dynamic port TCP/IP. My server containing static IP address 192.168.1.9 and my router containing 192.168.1.1 IP as gateway and the internet static IP address is 59.90.157.83. Now I want to connect my office database over the internet from my home through ODBC. I have enabled already port forwarded 1433 to server on my router.

Please explain how do I connect my ODBC database .

Thanks and regards

Showkee

A:Solved: Connecting SQL server 2005 Database

This should help:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addbuz/thread/1ac018ce-b96d-42ae-ae38-01f9d8c02d95

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connecting-sql-server-2005-database.960182/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have a database where I enter part number description, and cost. I also have another database that is updated all the time with this information in it. I would like to be able to link or however you do it. I would like to lets say put in the part number and then when I push enter or tab the description and cost field populates.

any help would be great.

A:access Database

you can link by selecting the table tab in the DB window and then click NEW followed by selecting Link. Then search for your other database and select the table you want to link to.

You will now have access to all the fields, it is the same as a table now except you may have sharing issues if the table is opened on the source DB.

You can use this linked table just as a regular table to make reports forms, queries etc. so you may not need the table you created with the same information as it is redundant.

So you can make a form with your linked table with a combo to select the product.
=========================================================
I don't know to what degree of detail you want or how much you know so if you need more help just post back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.228833/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have an issue with an access database. When I print out a report one of my columns only prints out 4 out of the 5 digits. This happens with 2 machines. On other pcs the 5 digits appear in output of the report. I have checked the resolutions of the pcs and they are the same. I cannot figure out why only 4 digits appear out of the 5.

Can anybody help?

thanks

A:Access Database

It may be the version of True Type Fonts that are involved, can't you just increase the column width slightly.
By the way you getter better responses for Access/Excel questions on the Business Applications Forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.686973/
Relevancy 80.84%

I need help in creating a database that can be searched.

3 Items are needed...

A 2 digit year entry
A 6 digit numerical entry (need to be able to enter less digits)
A 4 digit numerical entry (need to be able to enter less digits)

I need to be able to search the 6 digit number and have it tell me what 4 digit number is associated with it.

I am hoping I am making this clear...

for Access 07 or 03? (the previous version)

TIA

Tom

Relevancy 80.84%

I have this access database that I from another user which I want to customize so that I can use it. The form has about 28 records with a yes or no fields. Now what I need to do is add more records as I have stuff to add that will require the user to ans. with a yes or no answer. My problem is that I am unable to add more questions (lines or record). Is there a way to do that?

Relevancy 80.84%

When entering a form..the page normally start with a blank page/form..what code can I use in Macro or Visual Basic..to have the form blank..when entering the form..so that you can just add..new data..instead of having to click on add new data..

First, this is really the wrong forum for this question. It should either be in Applications or Development. I only saw this post because I was checking on a post I made here before but I don't usualy visit this forum often.

If you want a form to open ready to take new data, set it's Data Entry property to Yes. (You'll find that property in the Data tab of the forms properties.) If I misunderstood the question, post back and give more details.

Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by YSB (edited 08-10-2000).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.37131/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have this access database that I got from another company and I would like to use it but I would have to customize it to fit my needs. Is that possible

Relevancy 80.84%

Hi

I have a DB that I did. It works fine except when I click on a cancel button on a text box and then it gives me the error shown below. Im totally lost as to why its doing this. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Even just pointing me in the right direction. I posted it as a zip file on this site

http://www.geocities.com/jbfen/index

the password is horror (and sorry for subject matter of horror movies)

Listen...I looked and can't find anything wrong with it. I recreated the button (find by director), and it appears to work fine...just tells you the macro has been cancelled.

This isn't the first time I've been unable to find something wrong with something in Access...I'm pretty sure it's not uncommon either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.225858/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have an access database, one of the forms I am working with has a subform. I want to be able to print part of the main form, and parts of the suboform. I can do this by inserting the form key number and the subform key number, then it prints what I want. What I am looking for is to be able to be in a clients record and push print and without having to enter anything it prints the fields in the form and the subform that I have in a report. I hope this makes sense. Is there a macro that I can put together to do this?

Thank you in advance for any help. .
Chad

A:Access DataBase

The simplest way although it may not seem like it, is to do the following:
Create a Join Query that includes both tables/queries (whatever your using), and create Joins on the 2 Key fields (related), this query should then become the control source for you report.
Now in the new query go to the field that contains the data you will be selecting on the form. eg the ID for the Main form

In the criteria row right click and select Build, find your form and find the Id field control name. The syntax will be:

[Forms]![FormName]![ControlName]
Now if you don't already have one, place a button on your form that opens the Report or query, it should only display the records for the selected records.

This called "Filter by Form"
Any problems let me know I or some one else can walk you through, it works I use it all the time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.271656/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi,can smb help me with sites that have tutorials about the relation of vb.net with access databases or sql databases.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vb-net-with-access-database.879782/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have an access data base program that we use as our special orders program, we use to be able to have more than one person log into this, but now only one at a time is able to.. The file is shared for all users.

thanks.

Relevancy 80.84%

What I have done is combine the Order Entry, Inventory Control and Customer Management databases together in Access 97 and Iím trying to get them to work together to be able to update when inventory comes in and goes out of my business.

Iím trying to figure out how to complete the actual receipt of merchandise on a purchase order in the database. I want to put in the current date or earlier (I may use yesterday's date when I finally get around to entering data) as my variables for the timing to update the inventory transaction table (units received and units on hand fields).

Can you give me the operators and operands in the expression builder and the complete proper syntax that I would need to tell an event has happened and to update the table.

Thank you in advance - you guys are so good!!

Relevancy 80.84%

Hi, i'm new for using database (mic. access)
i hope u can help me.
i'm currently developed a database using microsoft access. the database is about an insurance company. i need to do a database that store the unit manager, agen, client, policy and proposal.
i had build the table and relationship. i also had input the agen and unit manager (UM).
but what should i do now.
i need to separate each agen according to the um and also the client.
i also need to give output so that when i insert um code or agen code, user can see the client info, or the agen info.

please.. i really need your help...

Relevancy 80.84%

I have created a tracking program using access the main tracking page contains name address phone numbers computer information etc I also have two fields that I insert the problem and then the fix then that is printed out to give to the customer whenever the customer brings their computer back in for service I do a search for their account and it brings up all the pre existing info There last problem and cure are still in there I access database would like to find some way if it s possible to make this dump the items to a database for each customer in case I want to go into it again and look at past events Then the next time I open their account the problem and cure fields are empty but their data past problem and cure will still be in there I almost have this program or database to where it will do everything that I want it to do Any help would be very much appreciated Thanks chad nbsp

Relevancy 80.84%

Hi i created an access database for students that keeps track of their personal information as well as a monthly evaluation that they have to fill out, however i do not know how to create a button that i can place on the form that can allow the administrator to go to each student by either last name... sort of like a search engine. I don't know how to do this though, as well as just making a query that only gives me information for just 1 person and i don't have to manually put in the information in the criteria.. this i would also like to make a button or something of that sort..

please help!!! I'm close but no cigar!

Relevancy 80.84%

I am unable to pen my database. It gave me an error message saying it is corrupted. I tried to do repair it but I was unsuccessful.

HELP

Don't you have any Back-ups?
Try opening a "new Blank" database and on the Main Menu, File>Get External Data>Import and then point it the corrupted file just to see if it can be opened that way.
If it can then on each set of Controls (tables, queries, forms etc) click selct all and then OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.706441/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have a working Access database on a machine running WIN XP and MS Office 2003. I transferred that database file to a new machine running Vista Ultimate and MS Office 2007. When I try to open the database on the new machine, I get this message: missing reference dao2535.tlb. How do I resolve this?

A:MS Access Database

Open your database.
Hit Alt+F11.
Hit Tools-->References.
It would seem it's missing from there.

See:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/824259

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-access-database.780963/
Relevancy 80.84%

We use Accessdata base to keep track of all our orders. All of sudden two days ago, I go to the "main switchboard" and I get a blank order entry form. In that form, there is a small clickable box and when I click on that it says "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: The expression you entered has a function name that Microsoft Office Access can't find. *** The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. ***There may have been an error evaluating the function, event or macro."

I have no idea what this means. Please help.

thank you,
renee

A:Access Database - HELP!!!!

The first thing to try after taking a backup copy of the Database is a "Repair & Compact" of the current one. You should open Accees, not the database and then choose Tools>Database Utilities>Repair & Compact. Choose the current database to repair and Compact and save it under a new name. Open the newly named, repaired database and see if it still has the same problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database-help.382787/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi all,

I have an issue with an access database. When I print out a report one of my columns only prints out 4 out of the 5 digits. This happens with 2 machines. On other pcs the 5 digits appear in output of the report. I have checked the resolutions of the pcs and they are the same. I have expanded the column widths in design view and still the problem persists. I cannot figure out why only 4 digits appear out of the 5.

Can anybody help?

thanks

Relevancy 80.84%

ok , i finally got a site , with some ex. for loading jpg into ACCESS,

http://members.tripod.com/accdevel/imaging.htm
http://www.lebans.com/loadsavejpeg.htm
ok now without eating any1's head, i have to create a small catalog, with itemcode and pic of the item,both have to be related ,so tha I can search , for itemcode adn get the picture....

now both of above ex. codes are free and can be changed, so any1 cna help me out here,who konws access in advance , modify the scripts above if they can , so taht I am asked for like item code and pic.......

!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/database-ex-here-need-help-with-access.82658/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have two separate access database files that I cannot access. when I try to open either one it says unrecognized database format. When I tried to compact and repair, it says the same thing. how can I get back into these databases?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-access-the-database-is-not-available.1169220/
Relevancy 80.84%

I am using a form to enter data that is updated to table. The problem is that the calculated fields in the Form do not update in the table while everything eles does. Can anyone help please.

Generally, calculated data isn't stored in tables. There is no need for it. If you calculate data, you use it in queries or reports . . . when you create a report, you base it on your query, not your table.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.69985/
Relevancy 80.84%

When entering a form..the page normally start with a blank page/form..what code can I use in Macro or Visual Basic..to have the form blank..when entering the form..so that you can just add..new data..instead of having to click on add new data..

First, this is really the wrong forum for this question. It should either be in Applications or Development. I only saw this post because I was checking on a post I made here before but I don't usualy visit this forum often.

If you want a form to open ready to take new data, set it's Data Entry property to Yes. (You'll find that property in the Data tab of the forms properties.) If I misunderstood the question, post back and give more details.

Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by YSB (edited 08-10-2000).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database.28990/
Relevancy 80.84%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey i need some help with a project i have for work.

my boss wants a type of program set up that controls our stock and products.

In this program i want to be able to input product codes categories invoices suppliers stock on shelf and stock on order and maybe a few similar things.

do u think microsoft access will be able to help me create this? or is there another program out there that will make it easier to do?

please help i havent started it yet just trying to educate myself as best i can and everday my boss asks how its all goin.

A:database help access 03?

Access is perfect for this application.
What kind of products are you dealing with?
Do you "Supplier" lists?
Do you have more than one Supplier for items.
Is the stock used within your area ie by yourselves rather than being sold to a Customer?
Do you want Categories and Sub Categories of stock?
Do you have "Re-Order" levels? (Minimum stock when a new order is required)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/database-help-access-03.707936/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi all, nd helping hand here.

I had been asked to take over some others' "leftover" work and I guess this is the first that got me down..

in SQL Server 2005 express, there are some system database, and one of it is msdb.

because it was a important database, i will need "handle with care" advise...any way i can repair the msdb which was marked suspect?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sql-server-2005-express-database-marked-suspect.1041890/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi As per the title i was locked out of my PC for a while except safe mode with an X error page fault in non paged area everytime startup was loading having tried diagnostic boot mode still did the same run CHKDSK and having no luck i got a bit stuck as there were no System Database 0x50 Networking no accessing Overcame or - SQL now Server restore entries for some reason eventually i remembered that there was another account on the computer and logged in using that I ran SFC scannow and nice and easy i got back into the main account Now i am back in the main account i cannot Network - i Have a cable from office PC to a shop till which is also on XP The Internet is via a wireless dongle through Office PC Network Bridge carries Internet to Till Connection to till mainly carries database from SQL Server and associated back office software and translates it onto the Till structure via connection software As 0x50 - Overcame now no Networking or accessing SQL Server Database it stands i cannot connect through the Local area connection from Office to till - and the IP Address will not renew in the IP Protocol the automatically assign buttons are checked Ipconfig release renew times out THE SQL Sever Management studio express when loading just says Package 'Microsoft SQL management studio package' failed to load Click OK and it says the same thing with a red cross click OK again and it closes At the same time as this SQL wont load the software we use as back office which used the SQL database cant load as it cannot locate the version record I have also once come across an error whilst trying to get SQL working that the NET framework V is not available - having seen this i tried a repair which it would not allow Someone recommended i try Wise registry cleaner - having run it times it always crashes with an X Page fault in non paged area when scanning File types but not at the same registry entry otherwise i may have had an idea what to look at I feel that urgently i need to solve the Networking issue then maybe with some remote help with our SQL guys over the internet i can get it all fixed Thanks in advance for the help George

A:0x50 - Overcame now no Networking or accessing SQL Server Database

That error usually relates to a driver or RAM issue.
Have you connected any new hardware recently?
If so, uninstall and reinstall that to see if that solves it.
If not, do a RAM check with memtest. You can download memtest from http://www.memtest.org/#downiso.
I have recently had this error on a computer and it turned out to be a faulty stick of RAM.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484730/0x50-overcame-now-no-networking-or-accessing-sql-server-database/
Relevancy 80.84%

hi

I deployed my webapp in my client pc i dont have the only one to access that pc other user also viewing and using this pc/server.. so i want to lock /encrypt my wwwroot folder and my database if users attempts to copy my database / wwwroot folder then i dont want them to copy my db and folder..

I saw many articles but not a exect one that works.. I tried folder look to but i wont work on IIS if we locked folder..

So any best idea or any other tricks to do this...

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/encrypt-lock-my-wwwroot-folder-and-sql-server-database.1028255/
Relevancy 80.41%

I am working for a company that has four people (four different computers) entering data into four different Excel 2010 files on a shared drive. I would like to create a master file on my own computer for the purpose of generating reports. How do I create one Access database that includes all of the information from the four different excel files? Also, can this Access file be continuously updated as the four Excel files are updated each day? Thank you!!!

Relevancy 79.98%

This is one of the first if not the first dual CPU shootout I ve seen Amazing things from AMD Database Server CPU Comparison Athlon MP vs Hyper Threading Xeon Date April th Type IT Enterprise Computing Manufacturer Various Author Anand Lal Shimpi If you wanted to find out what the fastest desktop CPU is it would just take a few clicks and you would have reviews at your disposal CPU Hyper Athlon MP Threading vs. Database Comparison: Xeon Server If you re trying to put together a workstation system you ll have a bit less to go off of but there is still more than enough information available to help make your decision But when it comes to servers the information flow is severely reduced Generally speaking you ll find reviews of individual servers from Dell and HP but you Database Server CPU Comparison: Athlon MP vs. Hyper Threading Xeon won t find the type of component level Database Server CPU Comparison: Athlon MP vs. Hyper Threading Xeon comparisons we re used to seeing in the desktop and workstation sectors There are a number of reasons for this First of all it s very difficult to test the performance of CPUs and platforms in a server environment without actually setting up such an environment Especially as you get into the -way and beyond realms it becomes very difficult to stress those systems There are industry standard benchmarks that can be used but again they are very costly to run and require a great deal of setup In the desktop and workstation worlds you simply load up the application you wish to measure performance under and find a benchmark to help you gauge performance With Hyper Threading enabled however the GHz Xeons can keep up with AMD s Athlon MP CPUs Oh how times have changed it used to be that AMD would never have been taken seriously in the enterprise market and now we re talking about Intel striving to be competitive enough with the AMD s enterprise level performance Click to expand Nice to see that AMD CPUs are Database Server CPU Comparison: Athlon MP vs. Hyper Threading Xeon now beign considered to be quot production quot feasible nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/database-server-cpu-comparison-athlon-mp-vs-hyper-threading-xeon.1097/
Relevancy 79.98%

Their original SQL Server was 2008, with SP unknown, but installed on D: and C: drives. The power spike corrupted their O/S on the C: drive and someone reinstalled both the O/S and the SQL Server, which is now SQL 2008, SP4. They have intact files for all system databases, both .mdb and .ldf. Is there some way they can reconnect with the user databases using the intact copies of the previous system databases?

I have heard that if the SQL Server is stopped, previous Master and Msdb .mdb and .ldf files moved into place and the server restarted, that any previous user database .mdb and .ldf files can be accessed by the SQL server.
Is this the case, or are there details missing?

A:Solved: Can I recover a damaged SQL Server 2008 database with the undamaged .mdb and

Visit this site, it can be helpful:
http://www.filerepairforum.com/foru...roblem-how-do-i-fix-a-corrupted-database-file
- Insert the SQL Server Installation disc into the server computer's disc drive. Access the drive from your computer by clicking "My Computer" from the desktop and double-clicking the disc drive icon.
- Run setup.exe from the SQL server installation disc. The setup command should be located in the disc's root directory. Run the setup program by double-clicking "setup.exe." This will bring up the SQL server installation center page.
- Click the "Maintenance" button located on the lefthand side of the navigation window. Select "Repair" and then choose the language you wish the program to be presented in after installation. Click "Next" to continue. This will run setup routines, making sure your computer has all the prerequisites installed to correctly run SQL server 2008. Click "OK" or "Install" to continue. This will bring you to the Select Instance page.

- Select the instance you want to repair. This will reconfigure your server using automatic backups to a time the server was working correctly and reinstall any corrupted information. Click "Next." The repair rules will automatically verify the operation. Click "Next" to continue. This will take you to the Ready to Repair page.
- Click "Repair" and SQL server disc will run its repair function. The repair progress bar will show the completion level of the repair. Once the repair function is complete, click "Finish" to exit the repair program. Reboot the server machine to complete the repair.
Or you can visit: SQL Server Fix Toolbox
http://www.fixsqldatabase.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-i-recover-a-damaged-sql-server-2008-database-with-the-undamaged-mdb-and.1138214/
Relevancy 79.98%

OK the problem we are having is we have this really old accounting software We were running all Windows machines before upgrading to XP last week The way the software works is that it is installed individually on each computer but it points to Database File Old XP, Server, to Software, Upgrade Runs on slow a mapped network drive on another XP pro quot file server Old Software, Database on File Server, Upgrade to XP, Runs slow quot to get the database information such as customer list etc On the quot file server quot the program opens closes switches users etc fast On the machines it worked fast as well The problem is that right now the other workstations are extremely slow when opening the software closing the software and switching company names we have two company profiles on this software Once you are in the software it is fine Any idea what may be causing this and how to fix it Here are the basic specs XP Pro machines File server has an AMD X Processor GB memory XP Pro GB Hard drive Workstations have AMD processor mb gb hard drive xp pro All are set to automatically obtain IPs from the router Let me know if you have any other questions about our setup and if you have any suggestions Thanks alot guys nbsp

A:Old Software, Database on File Server, Upgrade to XP, Runs slow

An update for you. We put back in the old 98 server and left the other 5 XP workstations and it worked fine. What is wrong with XP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-software-database-on-file-server-upgrade-to-xp-runs-slow.565404/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi all I ve just started a new job and my manager want me to build a access program I have never built a program before or have any great knowledge in doing so but I have work on access before never took a class I have started the program but I think I did things backward Building access an database I created the table just how I want it the form is working fine expect one field I can t get to work how I want The problem is first when the information is inputted into form some of the combo box and bond box with formula do not generate in table second I can t get them to show on queries either last am clues less on what to do with report and queries background information This database have to pull information from an original excel sheet Where working with retirees who is still receiving a discount for insurance discount is base on year of service I will need to generate a report for Building an access database the insurance company and also to our finance company so they can know what to pay to what department I m lost Any help will be greatly appreciated been working on this for weeks nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

I am creating a database to track customer, vendor, and investment information. I want my queries to include the following:
By Vendor
By Customer
By Mature/Surren Date
By Investment type

Later down the road...I want to create a form to input new customers. I want the form to have a pull-down menu for both the vendor and the investment fields.

I was thinking I should have a Vendor Table, Customer Table, and Investment Table. However, Vendors and the investments they offer vary from vendor to vendor -- A vendor typically has between 1-40 different investment options.

A:Access Database Creation

In that case you will want (1) your vendor table, with their names and details and an ID-key field, (2) the vendor-investment table, in which each vendor's ID key from table (1) is used with the various investment options offered, (3) a customer table, with their names and an ID-key field, and (4) a customer-investment table, in which the customer's ID key is cross-referenced to the selected vendor investment record(s) from table (2).

Hope that makes sense. You might want to check this link for a more thorough introduction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database-creation.84278/
Relevancy 79.98%

Ive been trying to put a copy of my database onto a cd-r. "save & save as" on the file menu are always in faint writting and i can not select them. Any idea's as i desprately need to give a copy to my unie teacher? Help Me Please

A:Access- Cant save database?

First, make sure it is not Read-Only (right-click, Properties). If you are trying to save the whole database, then you should be able to save as to the CD. If you are trying to just save a table (or some other portions of the database), make a blank database and import those items into it.
Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-cant-save-database.302068/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi, I'm having problems opening my access database - I've an awful feeling its corrupt. I get this message when I try ot open it ...
Unrecognized database format and it lists the file path. The file is in .mdb format so I'm confused as to why it won't open. I need this file to be accessible as its got 2 weeks worth of data on it - both of my backups are corrupt too
Any ideas ...

Relevancy 79.98%

Im creating a database to book both rooms and resources, assign them to staff etc, iv created a barebones system that lets you book the room/resource and assign it to a person on a date, what i need is.. if someone can help that is, is when a date reaches a certain point, say 1 day before.. to pop up a reminder, also.. i need the room to pop up as booked if between dates that are already booked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Steve.

Relevancy 79.98%

Hello:
I have this database that I need to complete. I have completed the basics but can not seem to figure ot how to do the rest of it. Can someone help me.

Here is what I am trying to do:
1. Final section greyed out when no is selected for response
2. Change current stage field when key fields are populated
For example:
- When exit meeting is entered, the current stage should automatically change to tracking.
- When response needed is not checked, current stage should be completed.
- When response needed is checked, current stage should be in acknowledgement.
3. Have the BOG and Internal Due Dates Met fields automatically calculated in the background

In addition: I also need a switchboard created but I think I can figure it out. I do have reports I need though.
1. Open Report
2. Tracking Report
3. Completed Report
4. Acknowledgement Report

I have attached the file. Thank so much

Relevancy 79.98%

Currently I'm working on a project at work and am unsure as to what would be the best way of implementing the following concept: There is a need to track certain access to labs and software within the building. An end user should be able to submit a pre-created form (likely in infopath) and it should automatically be added to a database over a network drive.

I am happy to provide more detail of the task if needed, I just need to know what the best implementation of this concept would be. The process should be something an end user should be able to just submit without difficulty. Thanks in advance.

--
Burroughs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406986/infopath-to-access-database/
Relevancy 79.98%

Trying to open a report with criteria based on input boxes on a form Want to open the report based on a name and dates cboAMName - The name of my combo box where the Account Manager Name is gotten txtSD - Text box where the start date is entered txtED - Text box where the end date is entered I have tried the following combinations without success docmd OpenReport rAccountManagerFeedbackReport acViewNormal WHERE tTransaction AccountManagerName quot amp me cboAMName amp quot AND tTransaction TransactionDate Between Where Clause Access Database quot amp me txtSD amp quot And quot Access Database Where Clause amp me txtED amp quot Statement Access Database Where Clause docmd OpenReport rAccountManagerFeedbackReport acViewNormal WHERE tTransaction AccountManagerName quot amp me cboAMName amp quot AND tTransaction TransactionDate Between quot amp me txtSD amp quot And quot amp me txtED amp quot docmd OpenReport rAccountManagerFeedbackReport acViewNormal WHERE tTransaction AccountManagerName me cboAMName AND tTransaction TransactionDate Between me txtSD And me txtED docmd OpenReport rAccountManagerFeedbackReport acViewNormal WHERE tTransaction AccountManagerName me cboAMName AND tTransaction TransactionDate Between me txtSD And me txtED docmd OpenReport rAccountManagerFeedbackReport acViewNormal WHERE tTransaction AccountManagerName quot amp me cboAMName amp quot AND tTransaction TransactionDate Between quot amp me txtSD amp quot And quot amp me txtED amp quot Without the WHERE docmd OpenReport rAccountManagerFeedbackReport acViewNormal tTransaction AccountManagerName quot amp me cboAMName amp quot AND tTransaction TransactionDate Between quot amp me txtSD amp quot And quot amp me txtED amp quot docmd OpenReport rAccountManagerFeedbackReport acViewNormal tTransaction AccountManagerName me cboAMName AND tTransaction TransactionDate Between me txtSD And me txtED docmd OpenReport rAccountManagerFeedbackReport acViewNormal tTransaction AccountManagerName me cboAMName AND tTransaction TransactionDate Between me txtSD And me txtED docmd OpenReport rAccountManagerFeedbackReport acViewNormal tTransaction AccountManagerName quot amp me cboAMName amp quot AND tTransaction TransactionDate Between quot amp me txtSD amp quot And quot amp me txtED amp quot Without the WHERE with the docmd OpenReport rAccountManagerFeedbackReport acViewNormal tTransaction AccountManagerName quot amp me cboAMName amp quot AND tTransaction TransactionDate Between quot amp me txtSD amp quot And quot amp me txtED amp quot docmd OpenReport rAccountManagerFeedbackReport acViewNormal tTransaction AccountManagerName me cboAMName AND tTransaction TransactionDate Between me txtSD And me txtED docmd OpenReport rAccountManagerFeedbackReport acViewNormal tTransaction AccountManagerName me cboAMName AND tTransaction TransactionDate Between me txtSD And me txtED docmd OpenReport rAccountManagerFeedbackReport acViewNormal tTransaction AccountManagerName quot amp me cboAMName amp quot AND tTransaction TransactionDate Between quot amp me txtSD amp quot And quot amp me txtED amp quot nbsp

A:Access Database Where Clause

Ok, I got the first part of the where clause working but cant get the second part working

Here is the code I currently have:

part1 = "([qry_Transaction_Defect_Report]![AccountManagerName]=" & Chr(34) & Me.cboAMName & Chr(34) & " )"

part2 = "AND ([qry_Transaction_Defect_Report]![TransactionDate]) BETWEEN (" & Chr(34) & Me.txtSD & Chr(34) & ") AND (" & Chr(34) & Me.txtED & Chr(34) & ")"

whereclause = part1 & part2

DoCmd.OpenReport "rAccount Manager Feedback Report", acPreview, "", whereclause
Here is the error message I am recieving:

Run-time error '3071':
This expression is typed incorrectly, or it is too complex to be evaluated. For example, a numeric expression may contain too many complicated elements. Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to variables.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database-where-clause.297373/
Relevancy 79.98%

hi i have a 2010 database with a form which is linked to a table, the form is made up of text boexes and combo boxes, i would like to creat a button that clears the data in the combo boxes only. can anyone help with this,. thanks in advance

Relevancy 79.98%

I am planning/trying to build a database that will track the dates certain classes were taken by users, and if the classes were passed or not.

I am very new at Access Databases so any advice, suggestions, opinions, or help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 79.98%

I have a database in access that I am trying to send to Excel. One of the fields within the database contains about a paragraph of text. When I send it to Excel, I am losing a portion of the text. Any idea how to change that? I have resized the excel cell and that did not work.

A:Access Database to Excel?

Microsoft Excel Specifications (Excel Help) gives the following limitations to field contents.

Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar Click to expand...

Any greater than 32,767 and you will risk losing them in the conversion, but if its just a para or two you should be fine, but you will see it truncated, with the rest 'hidden', so to speak. Its an inbuilt limitation I'm afraid. You could try splitting the contents to an additional field, though that could be messy to look at and manipulate.

Mike

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database-to-excel.98940/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi
I have my own server and would like to know if it is possible to create a database in Access and be able to access it off the server preferably using ASP.NET.

I know i could create and sql database on there as it has my sql but would like to know if its easier to do it this way, if its possible ?
Ta

Gus

Relevancy 79.98%

I am trying to install Outlook 2000. I get ..."Error 1919, error configuring ODBC data source, ODBC error 6, MS access database component not found in registry. Verify that the file MS access database exists and that you can access it." I have tried searching for this file with out luck. I have downloaded all XP updates. The "free" expert phone consultation that comes with certain services and hardwear, had me doing a lot of reconfiguring of my system to solve other problems. All kinds of things didn't work after that. I have finally managed to get every thing working again, but wonder if this is something else that the "expert" had me turn off. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:can't find MS access database

Hi nvb,I dont know if this will help,I found it during a search,
This error is caused by missing operating system components on your PC. These components are required to connect to ODBC databases.

Resolution
1. Download and install Microsoft Data Access Components v2.7 from Microsoft. Note that the download link is at the bottom of the Microsoft's web page.
Download and install Microsoft Jet 4.0 SP3 from Microsoft. Note that the download link is at the bottom of the Microsoft's web page

And I think the place to go to for that is here http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/nhp/Default.asp?contentid=28001860

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-find-ms-access-database.125103/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi folks i am relatively new to using Access Databases and have a query

i have created a form in Access which users manually input data into and i trying to work out if its possible that when data is entered into 2 fields called actual hours and hourly target (both long integers) then a calculation can be done and put into another field within the same form

The calculation would be actual hours/hourly target

Hope that makes sense

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 79.98%

hi everyone
i have question may someone can help me please
if i want make id card for some employer by Microsoft Access is this program helpful for this
cand i make design for id and put it Microsoft Access and put information in it and like this

i think may question is not verey clear but any way you can tray to understand
at the end could i make database by Microsoft Access

A:about Microsoft Access for database

no one can help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/about-microsoft-access-for-database.995144/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello all,

Am trying to create an access database, which will be used in updating client records in an insurance firm. The biggest challenge is that I know very little about Access,(my I.T expertise is limited to viewing videos on youtube) I currently have the 2010 version, windows 7. 64 bit.

I would really appreciate all help in understanding how to make the database.
so far, I have been able to import the data from excel, create forms.

I need help with creating search forms, making reports and queries.

The database is for internal use, and will not be published on-line.

Thank you for your response and help.

Relevancy 79.98%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all,

I have at least two user's that access a 212 MB Access database. It was working fine up to a few days ago. Now they are having some funky stuff happening. Using both or either Access 2000 and Access 2003 they are getting this error message some times when they try to open the database:

"You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time. Any changes you make may not be saved."

This happens to multiple users. When they access the database a .ldb file appears indicating it is locked. Some times the user can make changes and some times not. The file is located in a place similar to this: G:\share\subfolder\atc board database.mdb

I've Google'd the error message and haven't found anything that really fixes the issue. Any thoughts?

A:Access database issue

Has one of the users set up a Short cut where the command line is using the Exclusive option?
Have you Compacted and Repaired the database?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database-issue.589142/
Relevancy 79.98%

I'm trying to import a database to an existing database. Both are identical, aside from their WO_NUM field, which distinguishes each record (and is primary key).

I have enough information in the database fields to make the database I want to import match. The problem is that the database is not allowing me to manually enter data. When I try a manual increment of the WO_NUM table, I am getting the following message:

ODBC-call failed.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'UC_TASKS_WOID_1'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'TASKS'.(#2627)[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] The statement has been terminated. (#3621)

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

A:importing database in access

I'm assuming you are importing the tables, it seems like you are importing the primary key also, that will cause a problem because there will be duplicates.

You can try dumping the table into Excel and strip off the ID column and then import the excel table or Paste it into the table. Access will create new ID's for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/importing-database-in-access.295647/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi.. I've been asked to do up an access database to keep records for a computer workshop.. My knowledge on Access is a tad (ok maybe fairly) rusty..

Here's what I've got in mind.. (see attachment).. hope that you can read my scribble.

I'm just not sure on how to get access to actually perform the phone number lookup to see if the customer exists in the database, and also use the customers info to link (or fill) fields in the jobs table.. so basically each time a service job comes in the customer doesn't need to be re-created in the database each time.

Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,

I have an access database.

I decided to make a mde file with it out of curiousity. It has now taken my database and password protected it. I never set any password and as such cannot get access to the database.

It has taken my user name from my login, but it is not using my login password.

Does anyone know how I can override this, or reopen an older version of the database.

Thanks

Relevancy 79.98%

Is there a way to check or uncheck references using code in Access?

I have a database that will be opened by Access 2003 or 2007. Both versions will need to be able to use the Access Reference "Microsoft Outlook 11.0 Object Library" or "Microsoft Outlook 12.0 Object Library".

Relevancy 79.98%

Hi All - I'm the new girl on the block and any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated!! To begin I'm developing a Training Provider db in Access to hold various information. I've been going nuts for most of the day trying to figure out how to create a search field. I want to be able to pull information by provider, instead of scrolling through each record. This is my 1st attempt to ever create my own db and I really want it to run smoothly. It would be fantastic if someone could teach me how to create a search field.

A:Search an Access Database

Welcome to Tech Guy, new girl! I'm the old girl on the block, hee hee.

Guess what. It's sooo easy, and the instructions are right here:
http://www.theofficeexperts.com/access.htm#SearchForm

Oh...I changed the title of your post. Sometimes, people only have a few minutes to answer questions (usually 'cause they're at work and oughtta be working, LOL), so it's best to provide the application in the title name, and also put the version in the body of your post. Some people put that stuff in their signature so they don't have to remember it every time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/search-an-access-database.230090/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,
Is their already tables set up to use with drop down boxes, that once you pick the Country the next set of drop down boxes will automatically have the states within that, and once you pick the state it will automatically have the cities in that state ect... Also is their something like this for the country's dial code.
Thanks,
Joe

Relevancy 79.98%

I have a huge MS Access 2000 database (about 33meg in size). How do I split that up into 10meg "chunks?" Or is that even possible?

A:Splitting an MS Access Database

33M is not that big for an Access database, but they are generally stored on a server. I assume you have this one at home and suspect that your tables are not properly normalized. Why don't you export one of them, preferably your biggest one and email it to me (zipped probably) and I'll check it out for you.

Otherwise, you could create a new blank database and export a table or two to it, then link the table to your existing database. However, linked tables can only be changed in its own database.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/splitting-an-ms-access-database.36539/
Relevancy 79.98%

I want to make a database listing CDs and track titles. I can't figure out how to go about this, since the number of tracks vary so widely on different CDs. Some CDs have 23 tracks! Do I need to create 23 fields just for those few?

Better yet, can I make an expandable field that will keep creating new data fields as needed?

I know how to set up a basic database, so I don't need help with that.

Thanks.

A:MS-Access: How to Create a CD Database

The idea that you propose in having a single table that lists the CD Name (Album Name) and the tracks together as a single line item isn't a very effective method of making that database for exactly the reasons you raised. Rather than having them in one table, split them up and relate them.

The way I would go about doing this is...

Table 1: Albums
Fields: Album Name, Artist, Year, Genre, Whatever other fields you might add
Primary Key: Either make it a composite key with Album Name and Artist or create an additional field which contains a unique identifier such as a Number. I would suggest creating a unique field as the primary key as it is easier to work with.

Table 2: Tracks
Fields: Song Title, Artist, Album, Track Number
Primary Key: I would go with Song Title and Artist as a composite Primary Key.

Table 3: Artists (If you so choose)
Fields: Artist, any other info about the artist or group you wish to include.
Primary Key: Artist Name

The important thing is the relationships between these three tables.

Albums Table is related to Tracks Table in a One to Many Relationship (One album has Many songs).

Albums Table is also related to the Artist Table in a One to Many Relationship as well (One Artist may have Many Albums).

You need to determine what you want to have as your primary keys which will determine what the foreign keys will be in the related tables. For example, if in the Albums Table you use the Name and Artist as the Primary Key, then these fields would be related to the corresponding fields in the Tracks Table.

You don't have to follow my model exactly, but do you understand the idea of splitting up the Tracks and Album Names fields into different tables and relating them? This eliminates the problem of constantly having to add fields for new tracks. It'll also make queries significantly easier to sculpt.

Hope this helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/339703/ms-access-how-to-create-a-cd-database/
Relevancy 79.98%

We have a in house made database here which gives an option to open PDF's while looking at a file, but when these are opened the pdf flashes up then closes immediately, any clues as to why, tried updating and re installing and joy joy

Cheers in advance

A:PDF's withing Access Database

You do not say what version of Access is being used or what method is used to open the pdf document.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pdfs-withing-access-database.1059630/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,

I have created a new database and would like to share it among my team. However, when another user opens it, it says file already in use. How can I get the database to allow multiuser access.

I need it so that when information is entered it gets updated in real time on other users machines as well.

Please let me know if you have any solutions.

Regards,

Archie

Relevancy 79.98%

Is it possible to open an entire access database (reports, queries, tables, etc.) as read-only? I figured out how to make forms read only but I would like to just make the entire database read only.

Thanks,
Kristy

Relevancy 79.98%

I have downloaded the book collection database from microsoft website but i would like to alter it a little.

When i am entering the details of book on the second box down you can click on the box and enter the books topic IE crime, romance, thriller and so onand then when you enter the next book you have only to enter the first letter and it is entered automaticly.

My question is how do i copy this feature as i would like to have another so i can easley enter where i got the books from without having to type all the infomation in.

Hope someone can help please

A:Access Book Database

49sam, I think that you are talking about a Combo Box. This can be added to the form using the Controls Toolbox Wizard, which creates it for you.
Have you created a Table for where you get the books from?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-book-database.645185/
Relevancy 79.98%

I set up and maintain an Access 2000 database in a hospital to track patients in a particular program. The hospital has signed with another info system operator and it looks like they are changing to Oracle. I know nothing about the database and am wondering how much different it is from Access and if I will be able to import my Access database and queries into the Oracle database. The hospital does not support Access and has not done so in the past. Our department is apparently the only one using Access; however, we may be able to keep using Access even tho we aren't supported by the IS operator. BUT if we can make the change w/o a lot of problems, maybe we should do so. I'm self taught on Access and will probably have to take outside classes on my own for Oracle.

Any suggestions for me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-access-vs-oracle-database.303829/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi! I'm a web designer - new to databases.

I'm setting up a database for a DJ company, and wanted a second opinion. Is it better to create one table called "Events" (which would necessarily hold a space for only occasionally required fields like BridesName and GroomsName), or to break the table down into a table for Weddings, Parties, Mitzvahs, etc. and either risk some form of redundancy. I'm leaning toward the first option, but wasn't certain, and wanted a second opinion.

Thank you!!!

PS - Using Access 2007 (but I don't know that it's relevant to this question) Thank you.

A:Access - Database Set Up Question

There are rules in deciding how many tables to use.

1 nf/2nf/3nf - nf=normalized form.

1 table with all events should be fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database-set-up-question.600771/
Relevancy 79.98%

I tried to open a database but I can't open it. I got an error message "unreconized database format". Is it corrupted? Please help me to fix and how can I open this database. thanks.

Relevancy 79.98%

I have an ACCESS database several excel files imported that contact 3 or 4 columsn of data to evaluate. I created queries to identy all the item codes and there corresponding values. I need to create a query that will identify only the item codes where 3 variables do not exactly match for each segment: MM, KK, UB(Price List, Debit Credit, Damage Track). In addition, those items that have blanks or zeros for those 3 veriables need to be identified as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-database-criteria.129100/