Windows Support Forum

Exchange 2010 Upgrade Caused Native Droid Email Client To Fail

Q: Exchange 2010 Upgrade Caused Native Droid Email Client To Fail

hello,

We recently upgraded our servers from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010. One of major issues is the syncing of mail on our Droid phones. Many of use the Touchdown email client. The older Touchdown clients failed and once upgraded to the latest version, it works fine. However the native email client on android OS is not working at all. I have tried unchecking "use a secured connection" and unchecking "verify certificates" Also since we carry many different models of Droids, different OS's don't seem to make a difference either.

Anyone on exchange 2010 ever encounter any issues with Android.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Exchange 2010 Upgrade Caused Native Droid Email Client To Fail

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Exchange 2010 Upgrade Caused Native Droid Email Client To Fail

I had some issues when we switched over. I was just using the native andriod client as opposed to Touchdown. I would check some of the android forums and just search for outlook. there were several threads on those boards and something i found there ended up correcting my issue. sorry don't have my droid anymore and can't recall the settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exchange-2010-upgrade-caused-native-droid-email-client-to-fail.1002389/
Relevancy 80.84%

Good morning everyone So the other day something incredibly weird had occurred I was receiving email normally on my phone came into work logged in and began working on my trouble tickets I noted that when I went back to Outlook to view an email the email in particular was gone and then all were gone My folders and emails within randomly email? 2010 / Exchange inbox 2010 deleted Outlook them still remained the same I attempted to research what on Earth happened but I haven't been able to find anything specific to my issue I'm using Outlook connected to an Exchange server for work Outlook was setup as cached exchange mode but that has since been changed The emails also disappeared from my phone's inbox too it's as if everything was deleted and Exchange figured that's what it should be and synced everything that way Deleting my OST didn't resolve or resync anything I ran the scanpst tool on the ost file which reports errors but as I read the scanpst tool can't repair an OST and thus doesn't do anything Does Outlook have some sort of log that may explain what on Earth happened I can't find any error messages or any other reasons for what may have happened My view settings weren't changed nothing has changed on my end There is no spyware malware installed on the PC Outlook 2010 / Exchange 2010 randomly deleted inbox email? as far as I can tell No real issues in the Sync issues folder other than a Forms syncing issue which seems to be related to Exchange needing a patch but can otherwise be ignored I will give you any other information I possibly can just hoping that I can figure out what happened so this can be prevented in the future The email eventually began working normally but for a brief period of time whatever was in my unread folder once they were read they disappeared like the rest of the inbox Thanks

A:Outlook 2010 / Exchange 2010 randomly deleted inbox email?

Are you the only person using that Exchange server who has this issue? Check with the IT department to see if they can recover the emails in your mailbox from the server. It's possible they recently did some maintenance on the mail server that caused this issue. That fact that both Outlook and your phone are having this issue points to this being an Exchange server problem, as Outlook uses autodiscover and MAPI while your phone uses ActiveSync to connect to the server.

Do you have access to your email using Outlook Web Access? If so, log in and see if the emails are there. If not, it's definitely a server issue.

If your mail is still on the server, one thing you could try is re-enabling the cached Exchange mode, saving the change, and then restarting Outlook. The last thing to try is to delete the email account profile and recreate it. Make sure to get the proper settings from IT if you don't already have them -- although since you are using Exchange and autodiscover, that's usually just a case of entering your username and password when you recreate it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545169/outlook-2010-exchange-2010-randomly-deleted-inbox-email/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi can anyone recommand an email client (other than outlook) that will work with exchange server? A client that offers the same functionality of outlook but cheaper/free?

A:email client that works with exchange server

If the company has an Exchange license, the Outlook license is a minimal cost. I'd be surprised if they're even sold separately.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-client-that-works-with-exchange-server.915375/
Relevancy 76.54%

Our company has users who work at client locations and are attached to the clients domain. Is there a way to configure their Outlook 2003 client for two exchange accounts on the same profile? We use RPC over HTTP so our users can access there exchange account without being joined to our domain. I am interested if there are other email clients that support this functionality or the configuration for Outlook. Any advise or direction is appreciated. Thanks!!!

A:Is there a way to access Multiple Exchange accounts on a single email client?

Why not use webmail to access one account, and exchange for the other?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-a-way-to-access-multiple-exchange-accounts-on-a-single-email-client.548305/
Relevancy 75.68%

I am running Vista Ultimate SP1, Outlook 2007 (12.06423.1000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6425.1000) with an http Exchange mail account as well as an Outlook Connector for Hotmail plus POP mailboxes.

Recently (since installation of Office SP2) adding a new contact or sending an message with a new email address the email address is not underlined and when attempting to save the contact or send message the following error is displayed:

"The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action."

This message also appears even if I try and send meesage by one of the POP accounts.

This is very frustrating as I cannot create new contacts or send new messages. I'd pull my hair out... but I've got none left!

I would appreciate if anyone knows how to fix this issue.

Thanks.

A:Outlook 2007 (Exchange client) will not save contact email address

Appreciate that you have correlated the problem to Office 2007 SP2. I am having the same problem with an XP Pro PC using Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003 over Http/RPC. There are two accounts: Exchange and one POP. If I take the Exchange connection "off line" it is possible to add the new email address to the contact. THEN, I can send the email via either Exchange or POP. Also, I cannot send an email to an address that is not already in "contacts", or apparently never sent an email to a particular address. So, same work around. Take Exchange offline and then send email via POP account. With Exchange back online, it is now possible to send to the new email address.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-exchange-client-will-not-save-contact-email-address.827072/
Relevancy 75.25%

I need to see what accounts are forwarding mail to an account. I have a user who is receiving automatically forwarded mail from *some* account, but this was not authorized and there's no evidence of a request for it.

I need to know how I can look at that user's account to see who's account has been configured to auto-forward that email.

NOTE: I realize that there is probably a very surface of seeing this, such as the forwarded email says who it is from. However this user is not friendly and I'd rather not deal with them - and I don't really have to at this point. So if I can do this under the table, I'd rather do it that way.

A:Forwarded Email - Exchange 2010

How many users do you have?

And do you have access to the exchange server?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/forwarded-email-exchange-2010-a-808857.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I'm posting this to Win7 to - Warm Boot Win10 Fail ANOTHER from OPTION caused Upgrade anyone that's Win10 Upgrade from Win7 caused Warm Boot to Fail - ANOTHER OPTION having issues with Win10 Upgrade from Win7 caused Warm Boot to Fail - ANOTHER OPTION the Win Warm Boot functionality I recently did an in-place upgrade of WIN Pro to WIN After getting everything setup I noticed that Warm Boots would hang - for me this means selecting Windows key Power Restart My hang condition was the computer began power down operations - cut display driver so screen went blank but the system would never actually reset you couldn't hear any fan changes or normal sounds of shutdown going on Only option was press Reset button or hold Power Button till shutdown occurred I pulled my hair out and Google'd the world on all kinds of BIOS issues Advanced Power Management and driver Win10 Upgrade from Win7 caused Warm Boot to Fail - ANOTHER OPTION updates NOTHING FIXES THE PROBLEM I stumbled across the Shift Restart option for getting into WIN 's new Safe Mode Other Diagnostic restart options So I tried a quot Warm Reboot quot using Shift Restart This means Windows key Power Restart with the Shift key held down Once in the quot Safe Mode quot selection window - I did nothing else but select Exit to Windows which restarts the computer Guess What - It resarted quot normally quot just like it used to with WIN For some people there's something going on between the WIN code base UEFI BIOS or selected options for Power Management that hangs the system on Warm Boot - not sure what it is But this method gives me the ability to now Restart my machine consistently - which is important for me when I remote logging in and need to restart i e I can't push the buttons

A:Win10 Upgrade from Win7 caused Warm Boot to Fail - ANOTHER OPTION

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Interesting most issues are from windows 10's fast start features which is the first thing I would disable in 10 and in the machines bios for good measure
I've never heard of warm boot :/

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/388170-win10-upgrade-win7-caused-warm-boot-fail-another-option.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I have to move from my current email client 'Windows Live Mail 2012' as it will no longer work with Outlook.com.

Can I use the Outlook program in Office 2010, i.e. Outlook 2010?

If not what would you recommend as a free email client?

Both my wife and I currently use Hotmail accounts

A:Can I use Outlook 2010 as email client in W10 64?

Yes, you will be able to use Outlook 2010.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/55357-can-i-use-outlook-2010-email-client-w10-64-a.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hey all I just happily installed Win on my desktop and laptop Included with that is Office Beta which I want to use at least until October when the trial expires I've decided to try and give all the stock MS programs a other email 2010...switch client? Outlook to shot I've become very irked by the fact that about six different companies offering two different suites with ten different programs in each suite Outlook 2010...switch to other email client? none of which compat well together are what I get to sift through until I find my pick I've currently been running Google Chrome and using GMail Chrome is really nice once I got used to the minimal interface GMail too has long been a favorite of mine However I have Office and want to full utilize what I see as a great productivity suite especially compared to Google's online suites which seems to be still in the shaky ground of beta and new releases My issue is this I've tried importing my GMail into Outlook but there are a lot of discrepancies Filters for one don't transfer from GMail into Outlook I have like thirty messages in my inbox that should be in my school box And I think trying to sync everything up would be a pain in the ass and need constant adjustment especially since it's already been finnicky in the first day's use Is there some awesome way to get Outlook to recognize all my GMail settings Or should I switch email clients Which I'm fine to do I just got a new phone essentially a new laptop and desktop and I'm moving so why not go whole hog and change all my email stuff too I've used GMail for about two years and I'm comfortable with it--but that's not necessarily good and I could always switch back to GMail if I hate Outlook Now I know this seems almost strange switching BACK to IE and Office from Google but I'd like to try it My goal is to have a consolidated easily synchronized inclusive compatible series of programs for my daily communications Maybe in a few years I'll be using Android or something but for now I want to keep everything as in-house Microsoft as possible Is IE really that terrible If I get an email for use with Outlook what client do I use Not hotmail I won't regress that far Is there an outlook client or something Also since I have Office I'd prefer not to install redundant bloat software such as Windows Live It offers nothing I don't already have is designed as a free alternative to Office Thanks

A:Outlook 2010...switch to other email client?

The best way of synchronising gmail and outlook is by the use of IMAP rather than POP3 access.

What this does is any actions performed at one location is duplicated in the other so if you have a rule operating in gmail the result is automatically reflected in Outlook and vice versa and the folder structure is also synchronised.

I actually find that gmails support for IMAP is not the best, (using tags rather than actual folders), but it does work.

A better Service for outlook/imap use is in my opinion Free Webmail and E-Mail by GMX | Sign Up Now!, which also looks more like outlook in use. you may want to have a look at this free service and as it has a mail collector, for your existing gmail account, can ease the transition

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/67831-outlook-2010-switch-other-email-client.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I am using Outlook on W in my home office All my email accounts are POP My part-time - Outlook up set I Exchange disappeard email account 2010 when Rules work wanted me to use an email account on their Exchange server I used the email account setup in my Outlook to set it up successfully Outlook searched out the Exchange server and set up the account I closed Outlook and when I reopened it my Favorites were gone all POP accounts were shuffled in the left pane all my previous accounts now funneled all emails into one Inbox and all my Rules were gone When I tried to redo the Rules Outlook had changed so that the Rules now applied to ALL the Inboxes for all accounts and did not have the same rules dialog as I had been used to There was no way to recreate my rules or separate Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account out my POP accounts Now all my email is dumped into one Inbox and I have to manually sort out the messages Thinking that the Exchange account was to blame I deleted the Exchange account but to no avail I had to reconstruct my Favorites no big deal but there is still no way to redo the Rules and all my Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account mail still goes to the main Inbox Is there any way to get back to the way it was Thanks rebadurchee

A:Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account

Bump. Anyone relate at all? Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/317857-outlook-2010-rules-disappeard-when-i-set-up-exchange-email-account.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello.

I use SBS2011 with around 20 mailboxes.

The mailboxes were transfered from a SBS2003 server. Now I have several (older) mailboxes with Junk Email Validation errors:

I want to remove all allowed and blocked email addresses for these mailboxes to start fresh, but I only get validation errors and then I cannot save the changes. Adding extra addresses also gives an error, but the address is saved.

I use Outlook Web Access to cleanup the blocked and allowed email addresses.

Can anyone direct me to the correct way to clean it up???

Relevancy 71.81%

Is there a way to set Thunderbird as the default email client w/ MS Word 2010?
Thank You,
Gary

A:Thunderbird as the default email client w/ MS Word 2010

You want to use Microsoft Word as your e-mail editor for Thunderbird?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thunderbird-as-the-default-email-client-w-ms-word-2010.992346/
Relevancy 66.22%

Dear all,

I'm having troubles with the Win 7 native VPN-client.

Untill +- a week ago it worked fine. Now, when I click on one of my VPN-connections, the "sand glass" appears and processor is going wild (in a few seconds the fan goes from nothing to full).

The VPN-dialogue is very slow and non-responsive. It tries to connect, but in the end it breaks off with an error (different ones each time).

It looks like my VPN / RAS manager is corrupt. Is there a way to reinstall?

Kind regards,
Marco Visser

A:Win 7 native VPN client broken

I also have this problem. I tried rolling back all updates during the time in which I noticed the issue but havent had any luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/323211-win-7-native-vpn-client-broken.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a user who prefers the native mail client over outlook on his Windows Samsung series Laptop However when he opens the mail app it locks out someone else's account in Active Directory They have a similar name so I am wondering if it may have been setup incorrectly the first time So I deleted the account then added it back manually not allowing windows to handle the actions and it is 8 Windows in Client Native Mail still locking the account I am wondering if Windows stores or caches the account information that is added to the mail client which it may be calling on when the account gets locked out Please note I installed outlook and Native Mail Client in Windows 8 connected it to our Exchange server and there are no issues once the native mail client is opened it will immediately cause a lockout It seems very weird that the account was deleted then added back with the correct information and still locking someone else's account I did some research and couldn't find anything that made sense of the issue so hoping someone here may have seen this in their environment and can shed some light on it thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4cefb82f-1404-48bd-a80f-6349d22fff2d/native-mail-client-in-windows-8?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 62.35%

i am mail merging word and excel database when i choose to send the messages as HTML all is good when i choose to send text or attachment - i get this security warning even after pressing quot allow + office attachments mail 2010 2010 merge exchange quot - nothing mail merge attachments office 2010 + exchange 2010 happens nothing no trace of messages in outbox mail merge attachments office 2010 + exchange 2010 and no mail sent i know that quot If you choose a format other than HTML an Outlook message may inform you that a program is trying to access e-mail addresses and send e-mail This message is a security measure designed to protect against viruses that replicate through e-mail To continue with the merge select the Allow access for check box in the security warning dialog box and then select the amount of time that you need to complete the merge Click Yes If you are prompted again continue to click Yes until the merge is complete quot thank you very much Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Enterprise bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA Quadro FX SDI Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc DN CN Antivirus Kaspersky Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mail-merge-attachments-office-2010-exchange-2010.994728/
Relevancy 61.49%

Anyone have any opinions on these phones? I am about to upgrade on my Verizon account.

A:Motorola Droid vs. HTS Droid Eris

they are both great phones i love HTC phones and the way they look but man i like a real key board and the moto droid already has droid 2.0 if it were me i would probably get the moto over the HTC but there both great phones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motorola-droid-vs-hts-droid-eris.137864/
Relevancy 61.49%

I am with Verizon and my "New every 2" just kicked in. I'm looking at either the DROID ERIS by HTC or the DROID by Motorola but I don't know why I should go with the Motorola one since it is $23 for the HTC one vs $150 for the Motorola one. From what I can tell they do pretty much the same things, run the same apps, ect, so why would I want to pay $127 more? Anyone know?

A:DROID ERIS by HTC vs DROID by Motorola

I would save the 127 bucks myself
I would review everything to make sure you arent missing any features for some reason
HTC makes a nice phone..I wouldnt be scared of it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/droid-eris-by-htc-vs-droid-by-motorola.910577/
Relevancy 61.49%

We are looking to move off of our blackberries to one of the 3 phones. I do see where all 3 of them will connect to an exchange server. I have read some where that the Droid X will not allow you to move e-mails to sub-folders. As far as a business phone, which is the best over all and more importantly, which one works the best (or has the most features with) exchange.

A:Verizon IPhone, Droid 2 and Droid X

I have the Droid X and have never had problem moving e-mails; however, I believe that either the Droid 2 or Droid Pro are best for business. The physical keyboard makes them better for tapping out e-mails and any other text based communication.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/verizon-iphone-droid-2-and-droid-x.986483/
Relevancy 61.49%

Afternoon all I have ActiveSync Exchange and 2010 Exchange been asked to set-up a test Exchange machine in order to test the Exchange ActiveSync system as an alternative to our existing Blackberry mobile email Exchange 2010 and Exchange ActiveSync solution We intend on using Window phones to hook into our Exchange system So to this end I have installed the server and installed a commercial SSL certificate I have migrated a single mailbox across to the new server I can access that mailbox quite happily in OWA and in desktop Outlook all seems fine from that front I have a problem with the Exchange ActiveSync element though No matter what settings I use I cannot get the mobile phone to sync with the server The error I am getting is quot You ll need a personal certificate to connect to mail example co uk Error code quot Now my limited understanding of our set-up is that we should not need personal certificates The Exchange ActiveSync system is set to use Basic Authentication which should just be a plaintext username password combination over SSL We ve never needed to use EAS before so I haven t done any further set-up other then accept the defaults The handset is on our own internet wifi network so we should not need to worry about ensuring we can SSL traffic forwarded from the external IP to the internal machine at this point For reference I can access the OWA page under SSL and the certificate looks ok If I manually visit the full path specified as the EAS URL then I get a username and password popup box which I understand to be normal I feel like I m missing something silly and would really appreciate a point in the right direction Rob We have a fairly basic use for our existing Exchange server we do not do anything complicated with it so have never needed to set-up external connections or integration with mobiles before there is probably some piece of common knowledge I am lacking nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I am using Windows 98 and I am wonder if there is a way to use outlook express as an Exchange client or is there any other e-mail client that can be used with Exchange?

A:Exchange Client

Outlook Express can be used as an Exchange e-mail client, but it will have to be set up as Internet Mail with a PoP3 and SMTP server. If you are on a network and connected directly to the Exchange server, the best way to go is to use Outlook as the e-mail client.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exchange-client.64704/
Relevancy 59.34%

So a while ago I had to nuke my old OS windows xp because it had got stuck at the loading screen but before that What to caused fail? my pc had happened I had backed up some files including an autorun log txt however being an idiot I lost the flashdrive so fast foward - after I lost it my sister had found it I was going though the files and found the autorun text file and I m wondering if this has anything to do with it quot HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot quot quot quot quot quot quot quot Adobe ARM quot quot Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager quot quot Adobe Systems Incorporated quot quot c program files common files adobe arm adobearm exe quot quot Adobe What caused my pc to fail? Reader Speed Launcher quot quot Adobe Acrobat SpeedLauncher quot quot Adobe Systems Incorporated quot quot c program files adobe reader reader reader sl exe quot quot AdobeAAMUpdater- quot quot Adobe Updater Startup Utility quot quot Adobe Systems What caused my pc to fail? Incorporated quot quot c program files common files adobe oobe pdapp uwa updaterstartuputility exe quot quot Alcmtr quot quot Realtek Azalia Audio - Event Monitor quot quot Realtek Semiconductor Corp quot quot c windows alcmtr exe quot quot AVG TRAY quot quot AVG Tray Monitor quot quot AVG Technologies CZ s r o quot quot c program files avg avg avgtray exe quot quot Corel Photo Downloader quot quot Corel Photo Album What caused my pc to fail? Application quot quot Corel Inc quot quot c program files corel corel photo album mediadetect exe quot quot Dell DataSafe Online quot quot DataSafeOnline quot quot quot quot c program files dell datasafe online datasafeonline exe quot quot dellsupportcenter quot quot Dell Support Center Updates quot quot SupportSoft Inc quot quot c program files dell support center bin sprtcmd exe quot quot DLCQCATS quot quot Timer DLL quot quot quot quot c windows system spool drivers w x dlcqtime dll quot quot dlcqmon exe quot quot Device Monitor quot quot quot quot c program files dell photo aio printer dlcqmon exe quot quot FaxCenterServer quot quot Fax Man Server quot quot quot quot c program files dell pc fax fm exe quot quot Google Desktop Search quot quot Google Desktop quot quot Google quot quot c program files google google desktop search googledesktop exe quot quot HotKeysCmds quot quot hkcmd Module quot quot Intel Corporation quot quot c windows system hkcmd exe quot quot HP Software Update quot quot hpwuSchd Application quot quot Hewlett-Packard quot quot c program files hp hp software update hpwuschd exe quot quot IgfxTray quot quot igfxTray Module quot quot Intel Corporation quot quot c windows system igfxtray exe quot quot ISUSPM Startup quot quot InstallShield Update Service Update Manager quot quot InstallShield Software Corporation quot quot c program files common files installshield updateservice isuspm exe quot quot LogMeIn GUI quot quot quot quot quot quot File not found C WINDOWS Debug UserMode l x LogMeInSystray exe quot quot Malwarebytes Anti-Malware quot quot Malwarebytes Anti-Malware quot quot Malwarebytes Corporation quot quot c program files malwarebytes anti-malware mbamgui exe quot quot MemoryCardManager quot quot Memory Card Manager Executable quot quot quot quot c program files dell photo aio printer memcard exe quot quot Persistence quot quot persistence Module quot quot Intel Corporation quot quot c windows system igfxpers exe quot quot QuickTime Task quot quot QuickTime Task quot quot Apple Inc quot quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot quot RTHDCPL quot quot Realtek HD Audio Control Panel quot quot Realtek Semiconductor Corp quot quot c windows rthdcpl exe quot quot SunJavaUpdateSched quot quot quot quot quot quot File not found C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot quot Verbose quot quot Verbose Text to Speech quot quot NCH Software quot quot c program files nch swift sound verbose verbose exe quot quot wltray exe quot quot Belkin Network Adapter Wireless Network Tray Applet quot ... Read more

A:What caused my pc to fail?

System problems...occur for many different reasons.

Looking at one log...is unlikely, IMO, to help pinpoint contributing factors, IMO. Lack of essential information regarding error messages, system specs, etc...make this unfeasible.

The Autoruns file merely lists apps/processes which initiate at startup.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452344/what-caused-my-pc-to-fail/
Relevancy 58.91%

I use thunderbird to connect to my ARMY AKO email account. I noticed the majority of the time, the client has difficulty completing sending email. (Though some gets through without timing out.) IF I go directly to the website and use their email I have no problems at all. What could be causing this? I'd rather use my client email program than to have to go the email site. Bear in mind this only happens sometimes, more frequently than I'd like, and I am also overseas.

A:email client / online client difference

not familiar with thunderbird, but have you checked the usual settings against those listed at your army email service?
-POP3/SMPT/etc settings and addresses
-secure login/passwords
-firewall(s), ports etc..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-client-online-client-difference.65567/
Relevancy 58.91%

I use thunderbird to connect to my ARMY AKO email account. I noticed the majority of the time, the client has difficulty completing sending email. (Though some gets through without timing out.) IF I go directly to the website and use their email I have no problems at all. What could be causing this? I'd rather use my client email program than to have to go the email site. Bear in mind this only happens sometimes, more frequently than I'd like, and I am also overseas.

A:email client / online client difference

not familiar with thunderbird, but have you checked the usual settings against those listed at your army email service?
-POP3/SMPT/etc settings and addresses
-secure login/passwords
-firewall(s), ports etc..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-client-online-client-difference.65567/
Relevancy 58.48%

I'd like to have my corporate MS Exchange email/cal/contact pushed to my Windows 8 tablet. Is there an EAS client for Windows 8 that I can download?Thank you.

A:Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) client for Windows 8?

I wrote a blog post about this exact issue here: Windows 8 Mail client to support Exchange ActiveSync Policies | Flaming Keys

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/3244-exchange-activesync-eas-client-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I had the same problem as the following post, but wasn't able to comment there, so doing so here. I think I'll need a miracle like George (the moderator at the time) did for @SuzukiB. Please help HP! This happened a while ago, just following up on it now. Never could understand why the fan blew like crazy all the time. I bought 2 of these laptops at the same time and the other one is still running fine. Thanks, Kevin 07-31-2014 01:52 PM Hi @SuzukiB , I have sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your private messages then this post has instructions that will guide you through the process.Regards,George https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-G62-DISPLAY-PROBLEMS/m-p/3506803#M... 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Overheating-caused-display-to-fail/td-p/5807312
Relevancy 57.62%

I've been happily using Outlook under Windows phone 10 to access work Exchange activesync email for 6 months. Then it stopped working with a message that my phone did not comply with security settings set be email administrator. This happened soon after the Redstone release preview, but I don't think that is the cause. Looks like the I.S. administrators have blocked Outlook, because the "Learn More" link takes you to a page where it lists products affected, and they are all Windows 10 email and calendar. That, and they also blocked Outlook for Android on a colleague's phone a while back.
Seems they don't like Outlook mobile for some reason. Are there any other Exchange activesync email clients for Windows phone 10 ? For example Android has Touchdown, which it seems the I.S. department are happy with. From what I've seen, there is nothing at all for Windows phone 10 ?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434793-there-another-exchange-mail-client-windows-phone-10-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My parents bought a PC last year running Mail Setting/Re-Setting 8 Native Client/Tile Windows W I set up there talktalk E mail accounts in the W Native E mail client from the Mail tile at the start screen without any problem All worked fine until recently when in order to download an app they had to register an Outlook E Mail address Not sure if they had updates applied as well but they had to start logging on to the PC at boot up every time using a password In an effort to resolve this they restored the PC to an earlier time which has cured the logging on issue ie no password required but when they access the Mail tile from the start screen it is an outlook E Mail account that comes up I have tried without success logging into this outlook Setting/Re-Setting Windows 8 Native Mail Client/Tile account and then adding the talktalk accounts I even tried using my own account but could not add that either All they want is to click the Mail tile and get there talktalk accounts to come up just as before no outlook or hotmail or anything else Is there a way to reset the E Mail client tile in W back to what came with PC so that I could set it up just as I did when the PC was purchased They are running W and do not wish to restore back to factory settings as they have a few other bits and pieces of software installed If they upgrade to W will they be forced into using a password to log on every time Any help in restoring Setting/Re-Setting Windows 8 Native Mail Client/Tile the E Mail back to the native W client would be much appreciated

A:Setting/Re-Setting Windows 8 Native Mail Client/Tile

Welcome to Eight Forums, drew1000.

The default program to open emails has changed to Outlook. Go to Control Panel > choose Default Programs > Set your default programs > choose Mail. There you can change the default.

Open with - Change Default Program in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/37382-setting-re-setting-windows-8-native-mail-client-tile.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I downloaded the Anniversary Update and ran it It seemed to be doing ok - the complete got up to including several restarts and then I got the frowning face icone with the message quot Something went wrong quot After that my screen said it was restoring my previous version to caused what Anniversary determine How fail Update to which is what I am running now and seems to be OK So what now How is one supposed to figure out what caused the update to fail I've looked at the upgrader default log file but don't see anything helpful in there There are a couple of error messages How to determine what caused Anniversary Update to fail with code x but searching that ends up at How to determine what caused Anniversary Update to fail a MS page that says support for XP has ended My boot drive now has a MB directory called WIndows Upgrade that has a lot of stuff in it Is there something in here that's worth running to see what's wrong Or should How to determine what caused Anniversary Update to fail I just stick with my current version and wait for the next quot upgrade quot

A:How to determine what caused Anniversary Update to fail

Please post a screen shot of disk management:
Screenshot - Take in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59134-how-determine-what-caused-anniversary-update-fail.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I used my Outlook setup rather than the ActiveSync setup, the mail client failed to connect, but does not re-prompt me and I can't find out how to edit the configuration, which doesn't even show-up. Is there are a way to fix this? If not how can I restore the Metro mail client to its initial configuration?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/4681-mistake-setting-up-exchange-metro-mail-client.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Is there a shortcut to the Microsoft Exchange Server properties within Outlook 2003?

Usually have to go through TOOLS - OPTIONS - MAIL SETUP - "View or change existing e-mails accounts" - click "change" on next screen - then click on Next settings - THEN I am on the Microsoft Exchange Server settings....

Any easier way to get to this screen?

thanks !

A:Shortcut To Client Microsoft Exchange Server Properties?

Try going to the Mail applet via the Control Panel.

Start >> Control Panel >> Mail

That should bring up the Mail Setup - MS Exchange Settings applet. From there you have the choices to access the E-mail Accounts, Data Files, and Profiles applets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116642/shortcut-to-client-microsoft-exchange-server-properties/
Relevancy 57.19%

Okay heres the skinny We run Exchange but we only run it internally for a small number of employees The rest of the employees just use a hosted email solution ALL of the users have the hosted be - automatically update exported client? Outlook GAL then and Can non exchange email that get Outlook - Can GAL be exported and then automatically update non exchange client? downloaded into Outlook XP and via POP but a small few about out of over also have an exchange server account that the downloaded emails from the host then go into their mailbox and are stored on the exchange mail store Now that you know whats happening here let me explain the problem Essentially the problem is only the people with an exchange account and a mail store are able to get the GAL which contains ALL of the users emails even the ones that don t have a local mail store In order to get the users not attached to the Exchange and without a mailbox to get this GAL list we worked on setting up a VBS to export first name last name and email address from AD for us to then send out to update for users to then import this list into their clients Well this is a drawn out function that alot of users don t want to use or don t know how to use it has a big drawback is each time there is a change to the GAL they have to download a new list and then they have to delete their old contacts out to ensure the ones that are missing from the list disappear from their contacts This is something we have to run each time someone wants an update Is there ANY way to export the GAL into an address book then to quot push quot it to the clients that are attached to the domain Perferablly something that can be done automatically but I would take something manual that I could find a way to automate nbsp

A:Outlook - Can GAL be exported and then automatically update non exchange client?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-can-gal-be-exported-and-then-automatically-update-non-exchange-client.445311/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello my vista bit is in french but here is my problem windows explorer freezes whenever I Audio caused Vista by freezes, RPC Client try to bring it somewhere else And the problem is caused by svchost exe AudioClientRpc here is the probleme report Signature du probl me Nom d v nement du probl me AppHangXProcB Nom de l application Explorer EXE Vista freezes, caused by Audio Client RPC Version de l application Horodatage de l application e d Signature de blocage ce Type de blocage Attente du nom de l Vista freezes, caused by Audio Client RPC application svchost exe AudioClientRpc Attente de la version Vista freezes, caused by Audio Client RPC de l application Version du syst me Identificateur de param tres r gionaux Signature de blocage suppl m f a a Signature de blocage suppl m c f Signature de blocage suppl m a c c f df c ba d Signature de blocage suppl m ce Signature de blocage suppl m f a a Signature de blocage suppl m c f Signature de blocage suppl m a c c f df c ba d nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi Guys -

I have been trying to do research on this issue. This morning my Wife's Computer failed to connect to the internet. Listed below are the System Specs, Current Issue and routes taken to investigate issue.

Windows vista Home Basic
SP 1
E machine model: T3646
AMD Sempron (tm) LE-1250 2.20 GHz
RAM 1.00 GB
System Type: 32-bit Operating System
Issue:
Unable to connect to the Internet

Cause:
DHCP Client Service failed to start.
Investigated:
MSCFIG - DHCP Client, start pending

Manage Services - DHCP Client starting (unable to access commands when right clicked-allgrayed out.)

Control Panel:
Network and Sharing/ Local area Connection
(The dependency service or group failed to start.)
We are looking for a resolution to this matter. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Last Note. We do Share an Internet Connection via a D-link Router. My Computer is able to go online without any problems.

Relevancy 56.76%

With Microsoft ending support for Windows Live Mail, I have now switched to eM Client as my email application. It is a good tool (much more flexible than WLM) but my installation on a 64-bit Windows 10 system it has one major problem. In emails that have HTML attachments (such as receipts from suppliers), the HTLM attachment does not display as a local web page but as a load of random characters in the body of the text.
If the same message is opened in WLM (which I still have installed) the attachment displays correctly - not as random characters.
Suggestions as how to fix this annoying problem are most welcome!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/html-attachments-fail-display-em-client-7-4598632/
Relevancy 56.76%
Relevancy 56.76%

im having a issue with a outlook 2000 user cannot connect to exchange server 2000, ive recreated local account, disjoin domain, change name on pc, tried other users and no go. Seems theres some registry screwup thats not allowing pc to use exchange, any suggestions?

A:Solved: Outlook 2000 client cant connect to Exchange server..

FYI, it seems the pc was missing some registry pieces for RPC.
Heres the link from ms: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325930

Once i fixed what was missing . it all works again, i can connect a user through the pc to exchange...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2000-client-cant-connect-to-exchange-server.699088/
Relevancy 56.33%

I had a customer bring a computer to me after they found a virus Trojan Horse They printed out the removal instructions and after removal norton av no longer runs it opens and then closes Internet explorer does the same the network internet no longer works as well The computer is a dell with windows professional I ran hijack this in safe mode Here is the hijack Virus back by up caused to fail-need Norton/IE/Network Monday this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP Virus caused Norton/IE/Network to fail-need back up by Monday WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C Virus caused Norton/IE/Network to fail-need back up by Monday WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer exe C Documents and Settings Hijack This HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by DellEPro R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook URLSearch Class - A F- EFA- - - F - C WINNT System cdsm dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - A E DC-BFA - B -AB B- E E FD - C WINNT System lmf dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run TCASUTIEXE TCAUDIAG -off O - HKLM Run LTWinModem ltmsg exe O - HKCU Run Jawa C WINNT jawa exe O - HKCU Run PopUpStopperFreeEdition quot C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe quot O - HKCU Run Jawa C WINNT jawa exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www dell com O - DPF D DB D - EC - A -BD - E E BB - http ak imgfarm com images nocache tup cab O - DPF BC - B E- F E- D - DB D SurferNETWORK Plugin - http rd surfernetwork com surferplugin ocx O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net d ll xscan cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http fpdownload macromedia com pub sh swflash cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip F D - - -B B-BCC DC NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip F D - - -B B-BCC DC NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip F D - - -B B-BCC DC NameServer This is for a business so if someone can help me fix this over the weekend that would be wonderful Thanks

A:Virus caused Norton/IE/Network to fail-need back up by Monday

Hi
Make sure you have already run Adaware, Spybot S & D(check for updates) and as these will do a preliminary clean first.Some files below may not be present after running the above programs.

Then....
Close your browser window and run hjt in safe mode... HOW TO RUN SAFE MODE and have "Hijack This" fix the following by placing a check in the appropriate boxes and selecting "fix checked".
Folders that have been highlighted in RED will need to be uninstalled.[B]Check first as some folders maybe uninstalled via the Add/Remove program. Files highlighted in BLACK will need to be removed from your hard drive. Make sure to have your system set to show hidden files and folders.. HOW TO SHOW FILES ..Please post a new log when finished...

R3 - URLSearchHook: URLSearch Class - {965A592F-8EFA-4250-8630-7960230792F1} - C:\WINNT\System32\cdsm32.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {6A6E50DC-BFA8-4B40-AB1B-159E03E829FD} - C:\WINNT\System32\lmf32.dll
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Jawa32] C:\WINNT\jawa32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Jawa322] C:\WINNT\jawa32.exe
O16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} - http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/nocach...etup1.0.0.6.cab

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/virus-caused-norton-ie-network-to-fail-need-back-up-by-monday-20561.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Friends I have a Gateway acer NV L u running stock oem Windows and had it fail to return from sleep state this morning for the first time Never seen this before on this notebook It was on battery had plenty of battery left when I walked away I ran Windows Maintenance App which was suggested by the Windows System advisor utility that flags such things I don't know if it contributed the issue The power button would flash times and then go dark when I tried to awaken whether lid was activated or not the result was same I pulled the battery drained the charge used A C power and the system is fine Log below PLEASE help me debug report Fail: Error Sleep/Wake caused? What attached this Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Information Keywords User LOCAL SERVICE Computer Gateway-A Description The system has returned from a low power state Sleep Time - - T Z Wake Time - - T Z Wake Source Unknown Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot Error quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter quot Guid quot CDC E -C - C -B D - CF DF quot Sleep/Wake Fail: What caused? Error report attached gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation ActivityID quot AD C F- A- C-BB A-C DB C quot gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer Sleep/Wake Fail: What caused? Error report attached gt Gateway-A lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot SleepTime quot gt - - T Z lt Data gt lt Data Name quot WakeTime quot gt - - T Z lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepDuration quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot WakeDuration quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot DriverInitDuration quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BiosInitDuration quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot HiberWriteDuration quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot HiberReadDuration quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot HiberPagesWritten quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Attributes quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot TargetState quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot EffectiveState quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot WakeSourceType quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot WakeSourceTextLength quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot WakeSourceText quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot WakeTimerOwnerLength quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot WakeTimerContextLength quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot NoMultiStageResumeReason quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot WakeTimerOwner quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot WakeTimerContext quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Sleep/Wake Fail: What caused? Error report attached

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (even though you're not reporting a BSOD): Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Also, please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (eventvwr.msc)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

Then, run the first and second commands here (and let us know the results):

Then please run the following DISM commands to see if there's any problems with the system (from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt). Press Enter after each one:

Code:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Code:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

If the problem is fixable, you can use this command to repair it (from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt). Press Enter after typing it:

Code:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

From this article: Repair a Windows Image

You can also run sfc.exe /scannow from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt to check for further corruption.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/28649-sleep-wake-fail-what-caused-error-report-attached.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello I always use web-based email via the browser at home I do not use an email client well in the office we have Outlook I d like to use Thunderbird at home with a Gmail account that can be used by the kids Now I am using Avira IS and would like to make it scan emails through it s mailguard component I have seen Thunderbird work with Avast IS on my brother s pc but I see that for it to scan all emails the SSL TSL should be deactivated I was asking the tech guys at the office about email clients digital certificates etc and they only remarked quot google it quot wow So I came here Now my questiosn are a Is it safe to disable SSL TSL in an email client In the office we have Avira email questions IS client, Thunderbrid 2012 Certificates, Email Comodo that with Norton Enterprise and I see an indicator at the bottom of the email message that it was scanned by Norton b Can there be an application that can allow me to have SSL TSL at the same time have Avira scan my emails I searched google and found out that in Avira it also has to be disabled to let it scan all emails c SSL TSL is encryption right Does not using encryption in email okay I mean at home In the office it s important but at home opinions Thunderbrid email client, Comodo Email Certificates, Avira IS 2012 questions please d What ports Thunderbrid email client, Comodo Email Certificates, Avira IS 2012 questions for POP IMAP SMTP should I allow Thunderbird to use In the firewall I use Comodo If Thunderbird wants connections via other ports other than the default ones should I allow it or not e Can an email client be run inside a sandbox Is it sane enough or crazy Just asking here My brother tried Thunderbird with Sandboxie and it did not work got an error But Thunderbird in Avast virtualization sandbox worked He just tried it but did not sandbox Thunderbird f Anyone using Avira and Thunderbird or Avira and Outlook for that matter Can you share some good settings safe settings please g About email certificates pardon the very basic noob questions please I see that Comodo offers email certificates free See HEREi What s the purpose for this email certificate security-wise How secure are you when using one Sorry really need to have a grasp about it prior using one ii How does it work iii Is it okay to use one at home Or am I better off without one iv How does one use it when sending receiving emails at home How will the receiving end be when you send an email which is digitally signed is that right there I mean when you send an email while using an email certificate you have in Thunderbird that email is digitally signed right v When you already have one installed in Thunderbrid or Outlook is it tailored for just one email account right Or can I use it for say accounts I register in Thunderbird Will using that certificate digitally sign my emails when using either accounts vi Anyone using Comodo email certificate Any experiences I remember vaguely that there was a Comodo certificates fiasco is the email certificates prone to such Opinions again please thanks you I hope the noob questions about the topic will not bore you guys I d like to understand some more prior taking the plunge Will wait for your reply guys Thanks so much

A:Thunderbrid email client, Comodo Email Certificates, Avira IS 2012 questions

I would highly recommend that you keep TLS/SSL enabled this makes sure that your password and user credentials are not sent in the clear.

if the AV needs to have this disabled then its not a good AV..

The ports are on the setup page for Gmail: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Using_Gmail_with_Thunderbird_and_Mozilla_Suite

Digital Certs are expensive to create and use, and only vital for businesses and not home users.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436642/thunderbrid-email-client-comodo-email-certificates-avira-is-2012-questions/
Relevancy 55.9%

My email client desktop program PostBox for Win has been slowed since I installed BD TS I m quite sure this is the reason as it was very fast before and slowed immediately after I also run WebRoot AV which does not scan email as per their documentation and HitmanAlertPro which could also be affecting my email client but I uninstalled it to test BitDefender email Scanning Issues w/ Mechanism? Performance Client Email this somewhat small chance given its just an anti-exploit and it doesn t seem to have affected it the client is BitDefender Email Scanning Mechanism? Performance Issues w/ email Client still slow I would LIKE BD to scan my email as of course having AV w o scanning email could in many ways be pointless given email can be a deadly vector for heavy malware But I don t want my client to be slow It s not horrible and I suppose I could tolerate it basically deleting messages loading new messages and the program responsiveness overall is a bit sluggish compared with its normal instantaneous response Is there a way to configure email scanning differently Or should the program NOT be slowing my client noticeably in general and is this behavior indicative of something being wrong I m sure BD users will be able to comment on whether it slows their email or not given they use a desktop client like Outlook Postbox Thunderbird etc Thanks nbsp

A:BitDefender Email Scanning Mechanism? Performance Issues w/ email Client

In the past I used BD TS exclusively with OutLook as my e-mail client and had no such issues, have you tried, or open to try switching clients to see if it's something about Postbox that BD TS disagrees with ?
do let us know what you discover either way.
Thanks for sharing
PeAcE

https://malwaretips.com/threads/bitdefender-email-scanning-mechanism-performance-issues-w-email-client.60023/
Relevancy 55.9%

I use T-Bird (v 31.7.0) On 2 occasions now, I have sent emails, with Attachments, to a friend in the UK, who is running HOTMAIL.On each occasion the Attachment is OK, but the message I sent with ti increases it?s Font size, line by line, until it is unreadable. Two 3 or 4 characters per line??and sections of the email are repeated. 4 or 5 lines, then back to the top.They are blaming me for a Virus?..but I am thinking the problem is their end, with a stuck key, or similar. Any ideas ?

A:thunderbird email change font size in hotmail email client

I don't know what is causing this but pretty sure "what it isn't".1. It is not the usual behaviour of a virus.2. It is not a stuck key their end. Keys don't come into the equation for received emails.Try sending an attachment to yourself and some other contact who will co-operate. That way you should be able to narrow down which end is responisible for the problem.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/thunderbird-email-change-font-size-in-hotmail-email-client/40085.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My workplace uses Microsoft exchange emails, & we use microsoftonline office365 server instead of housing email servers ourselves.
However, I'm required to set up a email user account on a desktop that has neither MSOffice suite or internet access,
so have to resort to Outlook Express. The thing is Outlook Express has only POP3, IMAP, or HTTP configurations, not Microsoft exchange

So are there any alternative Email software that I can setup a Microsoft exchange email user with?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529359/need-alternative-email-software-for-ms-exchange-email/
Relevancy 55.47%

My workplace uses Microsoft exchange emails, & we use microsoftonline office365 server instead of housing email servers ourselves. However, I'm require to set up a email user account on a desktop that has neither Office suite or internet access, so have to resort to Outlook Express. The thing is Outlook Express has only POP3, IMAP, or HTTP configurations, no Microsoft exchange So are there any alternative Email software that I can setup a Microsoft exchange email user with?

A:Need alternative Email software for MS Exchange email

If you don't mind it being web based, I believe www.outlook.com will allow you to connect to an exchange account.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/need-alternative-email-software-for-ms-exchange-email-817578.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Here is the problem: I have my email client (PocoMail) set as my default email client. It shows up as default client in the "Default Program section" in IE7.
When I click on a email link, whether it's in another program or on a website, my email client doesn't open the compose window with the address entered BUT IE7 starts and opens about 80 windows which need to be killed with Task Manager. By the way, this has nothing to do with PocoMail because it also happens when Thunderbird is set as default.

I am stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mentallo

A:Opening Email Client Via Email Link Problem

Has this been resolved?

you could try the following : START RUN type : regsrvr32 urlmon

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86087/opening-email-client-via-email-link-problem/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all,

is anyone aware of a website that sells Microsoft Exchange 2010 for a monthly fee, as i know that VPS providers sell you Windows Server 2008 r2 for e.g ?10 a month.

Is there any website you are aware of that does this for Microsoft Exchange 2010?

Many thanks,

A:Microsoft Exchange 2010

There are lots of places who offer hosted exchange server environments. Just google for Hosted Exchange and you will get lots of hits.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/157048-microsoft-exchange-2010-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi everyone I recently had to remove a virus from my computer that seemed to cause the DHCP Client and TCP IP NetBIOS Helper to no longer start automatically As a result I cannot access the Internet If I manually start them it does work however it is set to start automatically so I don t understand why it won t Having to start them manually is cumbersome and I would really like to fix the problem My guess is that a registry got changed when the virus infected my computer I made a copy of the AFD Registry and TCP IP Registry from a clean computer and tried copying it onto the problem computer and rebooted but it still didn t fix my issue I ve exhausted my knowledge base on this and have spent DHCP caused Client to and start no TCP/IP automatically. Virus Helper longer NetBIOS an excessive amount of time researching the problem Virus caused DHCP Client and TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper to no longer start automatically. so I figured I d see if any of you could help me Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Virus caused DHCP Client and TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper to no longer start automatically.

Please download Farbar Service Scanner to your desktop.

Make sure only the following option is checked:

Internet Services

Press "Scan".

It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run (which should be on the desktop).

Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-caused-dhcp-client-and-tcp-ip-netbios-helper-to-no-longer-start-automatically.1045916/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi everyone I recently had to remove a virus from my computer that seemed to cause the DHCP Client and TCP IP NetBIOS Helper to no longer start automatically As a result I cannot access the Internet If I manually start them it does work however it is set to start automatically so I don t understand why it won t Having to start them manually is cumbersome and I would really like to fix the problem My guess is that a registry got changed when the TCP/IP start Client NetBIOS longer and caused Virus DHCP no automatically. Helper to virus infected my computer I made a copy of the AFD Registry and TCP IP Registry from a clean computer and tried copying it onto the problem computer and rebooted but it still didn t fix my issue I ve exhausted my knowledge base on this and have spent an excessive amount of time researching the problem so I figured I d see if any of you could help me Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-caused-dhcp-client-and-tcp-ip-netbios-helper-to-no-longer-start-automatically.1045914/
Relevancy 54.18%

Every time I click on an email my mouse pointer turns into a spinning circle and i have to wait. I use an exchange server. I have a new HP 32 bit laptop, running window 7 with 4 GB of RAM . I have tried repairing office and deleting and recreating my profile to know avail. My email is in cache mode. I read a post somewhere that I should try running in safe mode so I tried it by running "outlook.exe /safe" but I cant tell if I'm in safe mode. Does anybody know how to tell if I'm running in safe mode and is there anything detrimental in doing this. No body else in my office has this problem with the same office and OS. Can anyone help.

A:outlook exchange 2010 very slow

I could be wrong, making some assumptions...
Clean up your mail folders especially ones with large attachements. Exchange is really not a good place for document storage. Bloated exchange folders is your likely culprit if others aren't experiencing the same issue.

I wouldn't mess with safe mode as a fix for this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-exchange-2010-very-slow.1073021/
Relevancy 54.18%

Exchange server 2010 running VMWare.

is there a different thread or instruction to post on here?

A:BSOD Exchange 2010 VMware

Yes, there is a set of instructions for posting to receive blue screen help. I am providing the link to those instructions below:http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-exchange-2010-vmware-758921.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Greetings,

I am getting the following message when I start outlook:

Your mailbox has been temporarily moved on Microsoft Exchange server.  A temporary mailbox exists, but might not have
     all of your previous date.  

You can connect to the temporary mailbox or work offline with all of your old data.  If you choose to work with your
     old date, you cannot send or received email messages.
    Cannot start Microsoft Outlook.  Cannot open the Outlook Window.  Before you can use this Outlook data tile .ost you
   must connect to Microsoft Exchange with your current profile and synchronize your folders at least once.

Outlook is running very slow.  If anyone knows what I can do to remedy this situation I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Smorton

A:2010 Outlook Exchange Problem

Hello Smorton,

Sorry but this may take a lot of questions back and forth. Is this a company machine? If so do you know what MS Exchange Server version you are on?  

Thanks,

Ron

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566550/2010-outlook-exchange-problem/
Relevancy 54.18%

We've recently upgareded our servers and have istalled Exchange 2010. We've a re-occuring problem with Outlook. Users outlook disconnected from Exchange (most users are using Office 2003)
Sometimes when a user undocks then re-docks there laptop they get a disconnected from exchange message if they use OWA they can log in without any issues I have tried recreating the profile on a different machine using Outlook 2003/2007 and 2010 but it still will not connect. After about two hours the problem just clears itself. I can't see anything in event logs on either the server or the affected machines.

I have a feeling it is to do with open Mapi sessions -

http://www.calazan.com/exchange-200...ed-the-maximum-of-32-objects-of-type-session/

Could you please let me know your thougts. Have you came accross this before?
Many thanks

Jozef

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exchange-2010-mapi-connections.952073/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have set up an Exchange 2010 server on Windows Server 2008 R2. When running the Outlook Connectivity Test at https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com, everything appears OK except for the last stage:

Attempting to ping the MAPI Mail Store endpoint with identity: mail.[domain].com:6001.

The attempt to ping the endpoint failed.

Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it

Additional Details

The RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE error (0x6ba) was thrown by the RPC Runtime process.
Elapsed Time: 5037 ms.

I have checked the firewall on the server and port 6001 is open. I have tried awarding port 6001 to the server from the router. still no improvement. I am somewhat new to the exchange server scene so the tech net link above didn't make an awful lot of sense. 

what else can cause this sort of error?

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561898/exchange-2010-rpc-server-unavailable/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a free utility that can convert Exchange 2003/2010 EDB to a PST? I need to recover a users mailbox and export it to a pst.
Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exchange-2003-2010-recovery-edb-to-pst.1164376/
Relevancy 54.18%

Is Exchange Server 2010 compatible with Windows 7 Ultimate? The system requirements are listed below which doesn't include 7 Ultimate but it does include 7 Professional. Are they that different to where it wont be compatible?

Supported Operating Systems:Windows 7 Professional 64-bit;Windows Server 2008;Windows Server 2008 Enterprise;Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise;Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard;Windows Vista 64-bit Editions Service Pack 1

A:Exchange Server 2010 compatibility?

Actually do I need Server 2008? I'm confused as to what OS is required. Anyone know? Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/117891-exchange-server-2010-compatibility.html
Relevancy 54.18%

We have a user who boss forwards her emails she has to print. It sometimes prints a date of August 15,2012 in left corner. This is not with every email. Most emails did not print a date at top at all. This problem only occurs when one boss A send her emails. When i forward this email to myself it does not print a date. Here is the source code of the email below. Any help would be helpful. I am new to the company. We have Outlook 2010 and Microsoft Exchange 2003.

<style>

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

</style>

<![endif]-->

<title>August 15, 2012</title>

<style>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-and-exchange-2003.1089491/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,On one user on our exchange 2010 server nod32 antivirus have corupted all the users email message while adding the "scanned by nod32" footer.Is it some way to repair this or should i restore backup?

A:Fix corupt messages exchange 2010 mailbox

Restore from the most recent backup.

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/fix-corupt-messages-exchange-2010-mailbox/39883.html
Relevancy 53.75%

1. In Groupwise, you can go to your sent items folder and there are columns showing whether the sent email has been Opened, Deleted, and Replied by the recipient.

2. Also, you can also delete/retract sent email from the recipients inbox if they have not read the email yet.

Are these available in Exchange/Outlook?

A:Are these Groupwise features in Exchange/Outlook 2010?

I used Groupwise with a previous employer and remebre that.
The answer:
for 2. is I don't think so, you can however when you open a sent message under options choose to resend or recall the unread message and if it's still unread it will be recalled and detelde, you'll receive notification if it was successful or not.
1. No as far as I know not possible. haven't seen the oprion myself, but at the offecie we are one or two versions behind 2010 and don't know what options are available.
Have you tried the Miscrosoft site for information?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/are-these-groupwise-features-in-exchange-outlook-2010.986114/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, I have quite a problem on my hands and have been working on it for a few hours with no success. Firstly i dont have a recent enough backup, so i cannot restore. (i know, but there is nothing i can do about it now)

The machine went a bit screwy over the weekend and was stuck on a reboot screen when they came in this morning. Everything but exchange came right on a hard reboot.

The EMC tells me that "Mailbox Database" is dismounted.

A:Exchange 2010 - Unable to mount Database

Hi, and welcome to TSF. Perhaps the info or links here can give you some help https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...or=-2147217396

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/exchange-2010-unable-to-mount-database-1048282.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if someone could explain to me the key differences between a meeting room in exchange 2003 vs 2010?

For example, someone told me that when you delete a meeting in 2010 the meeting will disappear off the meeting rooms calendar and the users(the person who booked it) off their calendar. Is this correct?

In 2003 this does not happen. It just says Cancelled but stays on the meeting rooms calendar.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exchange-2003-vs-2010-meeting-rooms.1097118/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi All

I'll working at a IT Tech in my local area and a business has Microsoft 365 exchange server for there email and not working with office 2010 outlook

They install win 10 upgrade from win 7 and was working but win 10 fell over so I backed up info and wiped HDD and put Win7 pro back on and Office 2010 and then outlook setup and it keeps fighting with their Microsoft 365 exchange server for the email.

last point I could get is to was password popup keeps coming back??

I did endup downloading a sec patch for outlook anonymous authentication coz the drop down was missing

Cheers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/microsoft-365-exchange-not-working-with-2010-outlook-1099825.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

On one user on our exchange 2010 server nod32 antivirus have corupted all the users email message while adding the "scanned by nod32" footer.

Is it some way to repair this or should i restore backup?

A:Fix corupt messages exchange 2010 mailbox

Hello and welcome to Seven Forums.

Whilst I am not experienced in this field, I found this information in the following link:
Create a Mailbox Repair Request: Exchange 2010 Help

I hope you find it useful. At least it might provide an alternative option to consider.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/355947-fix-corupt-messages-exchange-2010-mailbox.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

I would like to change some settings on our Distribution groups.

Will it be possible to have the users color the messages using the Outlook Categories and that these category and read/unread settings are shared to the other distribution group members?

For public folders this is an option using the "maintain per-user read and unread information for this folder"
I would like to have functionality like that in my distribution groups.

Now I have added a public folder per distribution group where the group members can see if any message is already being handled (read and colored message).
But the users cannot work from their mailbox and have to go to the public folder before they can see the categories now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exchange-2010-distribution-groups-changes-per-user.1168869/
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm running Windows Professional and just upgraded IE from to Afterwards I observed that Outlook was not downloading pictures instead showing red x's and Excel embedded internet queries stopped working nbsp I think I've cornered the problem but can't seem to fix I 11 (embedded Outlook 2010 appears queries) affecting Excel to 2010 corrupted have and upgrade TIF (images) IE have also observed that IE's temporary internet files TIF folder may be missing Internet Options gt Browsing History gt Settings gt Temporary Internet Files shows nothing under Current Location and the allotted disk space is set to zero and cannot be changed If I input another number no matter the number I receive the following error message quot Please select a value between and for how much disk space Temporary Internet Files may use IE 11 upgrade appears to have corrupted TIF affecting Outlook 2010 (images) and Excel 2010 (embedded queries) quot I have tried renaming the following RegEdit keys but to no avail Cache and LowCache both under HKEY CURRENT USER gt Software gt Microsoft gt Windows gt Internet Settings gt They get replaced when IE is re-opened The actual values within the registry keys are as follows Cache gt Content gt CacheLimit Decimal LowCache gt Content gt CacheLimit Decimal This is driving me crazy Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp -David

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b77214fb-b934-4d5b-9340-a0067bd56a8c/ie-11-upgrade-appears-to-have-corrupted-tif-affecting-outlook-2010-images-and-excel-2010-embedded?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm running Windows Professional and just upgraded IE from to Afterwards I observed that Outlook was not downloading pictures instead showing red x's and Excel embedded internet 2010 and appears (embedded Outlook IE TIF corrupted to queries) 11 affecting have (images) 2010 upgrade Excel queries stopped working nbsp I think I've cornered the problem but can't seem to fix I have also observed that IE 11 upgrade appears to have corrupted TIF affecting Outlook 2010 (images) and Excel 2010 (embedded queries) IE's temporary internet files TIF folder may be missing Internet Options gt Browsing History gt Settings gt Temporary Internet Files shows nothing under Current Location and the allotted disk space is set to zero and cannot be changed If I input another number no matter the number I receive the following error message quot Please select a value between and for how much disk space Temporary Internet Files may use quot I have tried renaming the following RegEdit keys but to no avail Cache and LowCache both under HKEY CURRENT USER gt Software gt Microsoft gt Windows gt Internet Settings gt They get replaced when IE is re-opened The actual values within the registry keys are as follows Cache gt Content gt CacheLimit Decimal LowCache gt Content gt CacheLimit Decimal This is driving me crazy Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp -David

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/66c5eb9a-6005-49cd-b8cb-8fbc8e1c8c46/ie-11-upgrade-appears-to-have-corrupted-tif-affecting-outlook-2010-images-and-excel-2010-embedded?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone Want to first start off by thanking you for taking the time to look at my problem with Outlook First the background I work as IT for our company but I myself am having an issue with a new change in the company that happened last weekend We moved to an outsourced Exchange server for our emails Now previously you either setup the email push on a timer or manually did it for Outlook not Exchange. Win is with pushing outbox 2010, office 7, sending and receiving With Exchange it should be automatic and sync it all between your Win 7, office 2010, Outlook is not pushing outbox with Exchange. devices connected to that account on the server If I create and send an email on either the Webmail browser email platform or my phone it works like it is supposed to The Issue When I create an email with my laptop running Win pro and Office using Outlook it never gets sent unless I manually push it It fails to automatically sync and send the email It also refuses to go out if I set a timer or Rule to push it out I have check various areas where it could be but still could use the help I'm thinking my next try might be to reinstall Office

A:Win 7, office 2010, Outlook is not pushing outbox with Exchange.

Okay so I Have a Sync log that has failed. Removed any information not necessary and replaced with "----"

Quote:
10:57:22 Synchronizer Version 14.0.4734
10:57:22 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Joe ---------'
10:57:22 Synchronizing Hierarchy
10:57:25 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Inbox'
10:57:25 Uploading to server '----------------'
10:57:29 1 item(s) updated in online folder
10:57:29 1 view(s)/form(s) updated in online folder
10:57:29 Downloading from server '----------------'
10:58:01 20 item(s) added to offline folder
10:58:01 1 view(s)/form(s) updated in offline folder
10:58:01 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Drafts'
10:58:02 Uploading to server '--------------------'
10:58:02 Synchronization of some deletions failed.
10:58:02 [0-130]
10:58:03 3 item(s) deleted in online folder
10:58:03 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Outbox'
10:58:03 Uploading to server '-----------------'
10:58:03 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Suggested Contacts'
10:58:03 Uploading to server '----------------'
10:58:03 1 item(s) added to online folder
10:58:03 Downloading from server '-----------------'
10:58:03 1 item(s) updated in offline folder
10:58:06 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'RLT'
10:58:06 Uploading to server '--------------'
10:58:06 1 item(s) updated in online folder
10:58:06 Downloading from server '------------------'
10:58:11 2 item(s) added to offline folder
10:58:12 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Sent Items'
10:58:12 Uploading to server '--------------------'
10:58:15 5 item(s) added to online folder
10:58:15 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Deleted Items'
10:58:15 Uploading to server '-------------------'
10:58:16 1 item(s) added to online folder
10:58:16 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Junk Email'
10:58:16 Uploading to server '---------------------'
10:58:17 1 item(s) updated in online folder
10:58:17 2 item(s) changed read-state in online folder
10:58:17 Downloading from server '-------------------'
10:58:18 Done
10:58:37 Microsoft Exchange offline address book
10:58:37 Download successful

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/337366-win-7-office-2010-outlook-not-pushing-outbox-exchange.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,

I am trying to remove all addresses for several users in the block- and allow list in the outlook web access,

I have removed all the allowed addresses and also the blocked addresses, when I click save I still get an validation error on one of the removed email addresses.

Is there a command for the Exchange Management Console to clean up these junk mail addresses both allowed and blocked?

tnx,
Wouter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exchange-2010-outlook-web-access-block-or-allow-options.1107099/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello folks I Exchange 2010 Outlook from another? to Export computer content one know with pop account it's Export Outlook 2010 Exchange content from one computer to another? quite easy export everything to PST and import with new computer Is something like this possible with Exchange server accounts Last time I tried importing PST into Outlook exchange account import went ok all emails were there calendar notes tasks but the moment I was online laptop started to sync everything from scratch - resulting in duplicate emails Reason why I want to do this is to avoid long time waiting for sync everything In my case PST file created was GB I need to leave laptop overnight sometimes - hours to sync all emails as I live in EU and our company emails are at Exchange server in US Internet speed is ok I guess MB per second but I'm losing almost days to sync everything That's the main reason I'm pushed back re-installing laptop sometimes Is there a way to export all emails to HDD PST or OST file maybe and then import everything into fresh version of Outlook without side effects sync and double emails EDIT I have looked into this link http office microsoft com en-us of aspx redir I'll give it a try Cheers Miki

A:Export Outlook 2010 Exchange content from one computer to another?

Update:

NOT an easy task!

I have copied .ost file from old computer to new one (into correct location). However starting Outlook gives me following message:

Quote:
Outlook is using an old copy of your Offline Folder File (.ost) Exit Outlook and Delete the .ost file, and restart Outlook. A new file will be automatically created the next time you initiate a send/receive.

This is exactly what I'm trying to avoid! Have no idea how to make .ost file work with new computer

Ideas?
Cheers,
Miki

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/209392-export-outlook-2010-exchange-content-one-computer-another.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Guys having an issue that some of the users on our domain have been receiving emails sent from external senders but they appear as having been sent from our domain - quot on behalf quot of the external users address i e our domain is say - roman org some users are receiving email from say email protected however the message they receive appears to come from 2010 Solved: own Exchange from emails domain? Receiving - email protected - on Solved: Exchange 2010 - Receiving emails from own domain? behalf of email protected I am quite confused as to how this is happening since quot email protected quot is not a user on our exchange nor is the email applied anywhere Even if they were using SMTP through the exchange server somehow - our exchange only allows mail to be sent from certain IP addresses and only allows relay from certain IP s Does anyone know how or why this kind of thing is happening and how to put a stop to it I have tried searching the net for an explanation but can t seem to find something similar thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Solved: Exchange 2010 - Receiving emails from own domain?

Not even been up long and i have found out what was causing this.

Our externally hosted website (which had access to our exchange) had been setup to use SMTP to send email from the contact form on the site.
All these emails were coming from there through our exchange and using randomly generated email addresses from our own domain to send these emails.

We have now updated this so it uses a generic email address, so not to cause anymore confusion of receiving emails from random addresses which look like they are on our domain.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-exchange-2010-receiving-emails-from-own-domain.1139595/
Relevancy 53.32%

I?ve been asked to find out if there?s a way to ?list? a bunch of holidays on everyone?s calendars. I know there?s a holidays feature in Outlook, but it only includes certain holidays and can?t be managed via GPO.

I need to create a shared calendar that HR maintains that has all of the holidays that they want listed. Then add that calendar to everyone?s default view? If this can't be done, what other options do I have?

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/outlook-2007-exchange-2010-shared-calendar.4069525/
Relevancy 53.32%

Running an exchange 2010 server.

I have a number of users who's email will disappear.
Mail will return if you disable any type of sorting filter.
However will disappear again if you change folders.
This will effect any folder not just the inbox.

I have tried the following.

Recreating the profile in Outlook 2007
Deleting the pst and ost files
Adding new sort field and removing it.
Disabling cache mode.

I have not preformed an office 07 repair yet as did not think it would have any impact.

This is effecting about 10% of my users.

Thank you for your help.

Jeff P.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-issue-with-exchange-server-2010.955759/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi folks not having a problem with Public folders themselves but just how they are viewed in outlook Seems like a very simple yet annoying issue that i cannot find how to resolve anywhere for the life of me OK so A few users at the organisation i work for have got married recently and in doing so have a new surname So far so good changed the name on the accounts everywhere it needs changed within Exchange and AD All this view Exchange issue folder 2010 public goes fine new email addresses with new name added in etc without any issue My problem actually is just within these users Outlook itself When these users go to look at public folders it shows quot Public Folders - email protected quot This is the only bit that still shows the users previous name and or previous email address Does anyone know how to change this on these users outlook so it shows Exchange 2010 public folder view issue their new married name short of removing the outlook profile and adding it back again i am out of ideas thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exchange-2010-public-folder-view-issue.1132255/
Relevancy 53.32%

Over the weekend we installed a new Exchange 2016 server running on a Server 2012 R2 Std VM (through Hyper-V) and connected all of our workstations running Outlook 2010 to it. They stay connected for awhile (maybe an hour or two) but then go to "Trying to connect." The really strange thing is, OWA works, email on phones works and connecting a computer outside of our network to Exchange through Outlook seems to stay connected fine.

DNS checks out fine and resolves like it should. We can ping and browse to the Exchange server fine.

Strange but I get several "Search" errors in the event log when it seems to stop. (Event ID 3036 the content source cannot be accessed) as well as Event ID 35 - Failed to determine if the store is in the crawl scope.

I am at a loss right now so any help would be appreciated!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/outlook-2010-trying-to-connect-to-server-exchange-2016-a-1152169.html
Relevancy 53.32%

We had a server die and had to move the virutal servers to a new vm host. brought up the servers now Exchange2010 server will not communicate with the PDC. Ran the dcdiag tool and output it to a file which is attached. Email has been down for 12 hours now! Any help would be great!

A:Exchange 2010 server not communicating with Operations Master

This may sound dumb, but did you check to make sure your network card is still programmed with the static info it had before? We've had issues when moving virtual pc to a new host where the original network connection was "hidden" because it was on new hardware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/exchange-2010-server-not-communicating-with-operations-master.160308/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there

I got a computer from my work and changed the username, which created a new user in Windows 7 but I can live with that and move the files and so on.

The thing is that apparently by changing the name it also left the company's domain and now when I try to re-configure my account in Outlook I get the error "The connection to microsoft exchange is unavaliable..."

I would like to continue using Outlook and be able to configure my account, I've checked registries and read quite a lot of threads without success, any ideas would be more than helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Angela

A:Outlook 2010: the connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable

Not clear about the conditions...

Are you trying to log in remote (from a home office)?
Is the office behind a firewall?
Did the workstation access the Exchange server correctly FROM THE OFFICE or from a remote location (your home office) before adding a new account?

Regards,
GEWB

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/215408-outlook-2010-connection-microsoft-exchange-unavailable.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

I have an exchange 2010 server with a large number of distribution groups. Everything is working OK, until I edit, add or remove a distribution group.
The desktop clients running outlook pick up on the change immediately, but the laptop clients are still seeing the old groups.
OWA clients also see the change immediately.
Both the desktops and laptops are running the same image of windows 7 and office 2010.
I have tried plugging in a laptop to an ethernet cable to rule out wireless and I don't think it's a desktop vs laptop issue.

Any ideas on why only some outlook clients get the latest changes made to distribution groups in exchange (management console) ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-not-getting-latest-distribution-lists-from-exchange-2010.1065263/
Relevancy 53.32%

I setup and shipped a new Wndows 10 Exchange user/profile to Outlook How 2010/Windows to new add configured desktop workstation to a professional who is replacing a failed workstation in a small office that has an existing Exchange server setup and How to add Outlook 2010/Windows 10 new user/profile to Exchange their own website domain the email accounts are on the domain This workstation Windows Pro x has Office Home amp Business freshly setup on it From reading How to add Outlook 2010/Windows 10 new user/profile to Exchange declined to touch Outlook before the customer gets it and puts on the LAN internally There have been obviously a lot of issues just getting the initial Profile setup right the icon applet might be missing from the Control Panel altogether registry keys can be missing or invalid Outlook may start in Safe Mode unexpectedly etc This thread is an example of such diseases and some cures as of yrs back http answers microsoft com en-us o d- bf cd de Some of you have been through this and know the ropes Please point me to a link or something that does the best job of explaining how to do this AT THIS TIME given all the updates etc to this date if Control Panel entry is RIGHT and what to do if that quot recommended quot approach fails I thank you SO MUCH in advance These poor folks have been through a lot and I want to get them started clean on this try P S edit is it necessary to first setup quot Outlook quot as the default Email app in quot Settings quot

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/53457-how-add-outlook-2010-windows-10-new-user-profile-exchange.html
Relevancy 53.32%

After I imported a pst into my mailbox(using the option to replace duplicates) I know have strikethroughs on all of the duplicates that should have been replaced.

How can I get rid of these messages.

I have also checked and the messages are not set to expire.

A:Outlook 2010 Using Exchange - Strikethrough after importing PST File

Perhaps this procedure will help:
Purge IMAP items marked for deletion - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/264111-outlook-2010-using-exchange-strikethrough-after-importing-pst-file.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello An issue with Outlook in combination with my Microsoft Exchange e-mail account was that it couldn't remember the password and I had to enter it every time 2010 Outlook (Exchange) password doesn't save I started Outlook This was solved by adding a credential through 'control user passwords ' a workaround which can be found on several sites However this doesn't Outlook 2010 doesn't save password (Exchange) seem to work anymore using Outlook with Windows Or at least it seems to work different but I can't get it to work Outlook itself creates a generic credential in the form of MS Outlook lt USERNAME gt lt EXCHANGESERVER gt PUT but on another website I found the form MS Outlook lt E-MAILADDRESS gt lt EXCHANGESERVER gt PUT It also creates two Windows credentials one with the username also as server and one with the correct exchange server username and password What should I add to make Outlook Outlook 2010 doesn't save password (Exchange) remember my password I also tried some other workarounds for previous versions of Outlook but they all didn't work I tried these Stop Outlook Outlook Express Asking For Your Password Every Time Windows Vista Windows Tools Help amp Guides Outlook won't save passwords in Vista save password Does anyone know how to solve this I also posted this problem here http social technet microsoft com e- b beeb e

A:Outlook 2010 doesn't save password (Exchange)

I try itself, it's ferry simpel. Open Outlook 2010.
Than comming the dialoog box whit your nickname and password.
Delete your nickname and password. So that is blank. Than click the "Remember password". And click on the "Save"button. And close Outlook 2010.
Than open Outlook 2010 again. Than is not show more the dialoog box.

Thats all.

Greetz Robin

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/57233-outlook-2010-doesnt-save-password-exchange.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, AllI try to upgrade the BIOS of my x1c gen3 20BS, and BIOS update utility for windows http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-... UEFI: 1.13 / ECP: 1.09I am working on windows 8I follow the utility's instruction and install the tool, run the tool, and reboot the OS, everything seem fine, but when I check the BIOS again, I found the BIOS vesion is still 1.10, but ECP upgrade to 1.09. I wonder why I cannot upgrade my BIOS, anyone could help, many thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x1c-gen3-fail-to-upgrade-BIOS-but-ECP-upgrade-done/td-p/3341160
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, AllI try to upgrade the BIOS of my x1c gen3 20BS, and BIOS update utility for windows, the BIOS version is UEFI: 1.13 / ECP: 1.09I am working on windows 8I follow the utility's instruction and install the tool, run the tool, and reboot the OS, everything seem fine, but when I check the BIOS again, I found the BIOS vesion is still 1.10, but ECP has already upgraded to 1.09 Anyone could help? Many thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x1c-gen3-upgrade-BIOS-fail-but-ECP-upgrade-done/td-p/3341765
Relevancy 52.46%

I was trying to install updates on my wife's computer for office 2010, when I received a message that updates failed. On going back to previous updates, I realized, that none of the updates had installed. I immediately checked to make sure the office setup exe file was enabled, and it was. Windows updates install just not office updates. (Amd 64 dual-core 6 gb ram 2 itb hdd. windows vista home premium 64-bit). What can I do to get these updates to install? Event viewer gives this output: Product: Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 -- Error 1606. Could not access network location %APPDATA%\.I also got a error code:80070643. What do I need to do to get the updates to install?

A:office 2010 updates fail to install

See if this will help
You receive error code: 0x80070646, error code: 646, or error code: 1606 when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/209932-office-2010-updates-fail-install.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello -- I'm wondering how to change the display name of a data file (not the actual file name) for a .ost Exchange 2010 file. I have already changed the file name and location to match all my other mailboxes.

If you look at my screenshot, you will see the file location and name are fine, but the display name is still just my email address. I would prefer it to be something easier on the eyes (I know, not necessary, but would be nice to help keep me organized.)

This is also the name that shows up in my Navigation Pane. Thanks so much!

A:Outlook 2010: How to change Exchange data file (ost) display name

In this window (you have posted screenshot of) click on the name of a file you want to change. Settings button will be activated, click that button - you can edit the name in the new window in the name section.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/199899-outlook-2010-how-change-exchange-data-file-ost-display-name.html
Relevancy 52.46%

How can I re-index Outlook 2010?

Dear Experts

I have got windows 7-64 bit with outlook 2010 retrieving my work email ( exchange)

Recently I realized when I search outlook sent folder nothing get displayed.

Initially problem was with " Search Tools --> Indexing status ".

I followed the instruction in the ink below :

How to Fix Outlook 2007 and 2010 Search problems | MS Outlook for Business

But still I am having same issue

Thanks

A:Outlook 2010 exchange account ,,,,search not working proparly

Hi there ... Your Indexing must not be complete .. Read the Link below ...
Outlook search returns No matches found

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/312745-outlook-2010-exchange-account-search-not-working-proparly.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello-
We've got a machine that had a power failure and the Exchange Database won't mount after startup.
No matter what I do, I can't get ESEUTIL to address the database.

-I have tried running ESEUTIL /p, and I have tried both Command Prompt and Exchange Management Shell both running as Administrator. 

I tried deleting the log files as well.
Below is the error I get when trying to run ESEUTIL.

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>eseutil /p "E:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Exchsvr\Mailbox Database 1258094299"

Extensible Storage Engine Utilities for Microsoft® Exchange Server
Version 14.02
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Error: Access to source database 'E:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Exchsvr\Mailbox Database 1258094299' failed
 with Jet error -1032.

Operation terminated with error -1032 (JET_errFileAccessDenied, Cannot access file, the file is locked or in use) after
20.31 seconds.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks/

A:Exchange 2010 Database won't mount. ESEUTIL error 1032

Jet error -1302 means you can't access the file, as it is locked or in use -- because you mounted the database and ran ESEUTIL. Dismount the database to take it offline and then run ESEUTIL.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/5fde561c-7f73-4a82-be7a-d711af536e9d/exchange-2010-gives-me-error-when-i-run-eseutil?forum=exchangesvrgenerallegacy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591816/exchange-2010-database-wont-mount-eseutil-error-1032/
Relevancy 52.46%

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB20608
The Exchange 2010 has a limit of the throttle by user (besadmin) and won't let any people on past this number. We went in to c:\program files x86\research in motion\blackberry enterprise server \utility and ran iemstest. Since we got the error about not being able to open the Blackberry Server profile, he knew this was it. Answer in the KB20608 on ie site:
So we entered the following commands in the Exchange Shell:
Set-ThrottlingPolicy BESPolicy -RCAMaxConcurrency $null
Set-Mailbox ""BESAdmin"" -ThrottlingPolicy BESPolicy
and then checked the policy using Get-ThrottlingPolicy BESPolicy
then deleted messages from users inbox about the dat files, wiped the blackberry and started activation.

Blackberry Server Express and Exchange 2010, cannot add more blackberry users,blackberry users not activating, Blackberry Enterprise Server and Exchange 2010,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blackberry-server-express-and-exchange-2010-cannot-add-more-users-not-activating.943456/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a user who deleted a folder full of emails. We have a retention policy in place and I can see deleted emails to recover, but I would like to recover the folder structure with the emails inside.

A:Recover Deleted Folder Outlook 2010 connect to Exchange

Which version of Exchange are you using? From what I can recall, you might not be able to do this without third-party software. The first try should going into the user's Outlook, clicking on the Deleted Items folder, choose the Folder tab at the top of the screen, and then click on the Recover Deleted Items button. If the folder shows up in there, all well and good. If not, you may have to restore the e-mails and then have the user sort them into the folder again. After all, it was their problem and shouldn't become your crisis.

As an aside: in our organisation we use ShadowProtect for our backups, and also purchased ShadowProtect Granular Recovery for Exchange (GRE) to afford us the possibility of restoring individual e-mails and/or folder structures. This has worked very well indeed, and saved a lot of headaches when users do what they do best ;-)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-deleted-folder-outlook-2010-connect-to-exchange.1154491/
Relevancy 52.46%

Dear Experts

I have got windows 7-64 bit with an outlook 2010 that has an exchange account

Recently I realized when I search outlook sent folder nothing get displayed.

Initially problem was with " Search Tools --> Indexing status ".

What should I do to overcome this issue

Thanks

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/outlook-2010-exchange-account-search-not-working-proparly.4061602/
Relevancy 52.46%

ok, this code below is working but it does not show a pop up from outlook instead it sends the mail automatically.

I want to have a pop up as a new email message with the to list populated from the query when i click the button on the form. anyone can help?
Code:
Code:
Dim MyDb As DAO.Database
Dim rsEmail As DAO.Recordset
Dim strEmailAddress

Set MyDb = CurrentDb()
Set rsEmail = MyDb.OpenRecordset("Query Full Director", dbOpenSnapshot)

Do Until rsEmail.EOF
strEmailAddress = strEmailAddress & rsEmail("Email") & ";"
rsEmail.MoveNext
Loop

strEmailAddress = Left(strEmailAddress, Len(strEmailAddress) - 1)

DoCmd.SendObject , , acFormatRTF, strEmailAddress, _
, , strSubject, strEMailMsg, False, False

rsEmail.Close
Set rst = Nothing

Relevancy 52.46%

Specifically if using the portable form of Opera Mail, the mail client available from portableapps.com.

I tried looking at many articles from internet searches but found nothing telling where to find the folder holding the email messages for the email client.  My copy of portable Opera Mail is on a usb flash drive.  I have tried looking through the folders for the application but still do not know how to recognize any email messages.  

A:Where on desktop is email for email client?

portableapps.com.

You do understand that downloading apps like this from most 3rd party sites poses all sorts of security risks, Remember this, That software while it was made by WhoEver has now been modified by somebody, How was it modified, Who did it, What else did they put in it? I may be wrong here however I also think may be against most software developers TOS to use modified software like this.

FYI only.
While Opera is free some sites and some people have used " the making of a app portable" on paid for software to bypass  having to pay for the software. I used to do just that a long time ago. I now know and understand why it is bad.

Eg.
Making XXXXbytes premium into a portable application. While creating the portable you use a genuine key or "other" methods to activate Then compile it as portable with the activation in place, Now anybody with XXXXbytes portable has a free premium copy instead. That's software piracy. And Theft.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538778/where-on-desktop-is-email-for-email-client/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have a client PC that has the Internet Security rogue spyware I installed and ran malwarebytes newest version It told me that it needed to reboot to delete some items that it couldn t delete So I let malwarebytes reboot the PC Afterwords I get a black screen after the BIOS boot screen it does not load the Microsoft Black screen with the logo I rebooted the PC and told it to go to safe mode by hitting F I tried Safe Mode with Networking and Safe Mode with Command prompt both started to load several of the sys files until it get stuck and doesn Internet with 2010 Client infected PC Security t do anything beyond that Any help I did this remotely and tomorrow am heading on-site to look at it and see what I can do Anyway I can at least boot back into his Windows either safemode or fully to fully remove the rest of the spyware Any tools I should bring that you recommend as well would be helpful Thanks

A:Client PC infected with Internet Security 2010

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/280647/client-pc-infected-with-internet-security-2010/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi geeks.

Every single time I launch Outlook 2010, I get this:

It is my default mail client, everything works well. But this irritates me. Aby clues?

Kari

A:Outlook 2010 is defaul client but refuses to believe it

It's still in beta for sound reasons...

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/42659-outlook-2010-defaul-client-but-refuses-believe.html