Windows Support Forum

Error while opening Local Network Properties in Windows 8.1 "In order to configure TCP/IP, you must install and enable a network adapter card."

Q: Error while opening Local Network Properties in Windows 8.1 "In order to configure TCP/IP, you must install and enable a network adapter card."

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings.
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error.
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens.
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Error while opening Local Network Properties in Windows 8.1 "In order to configure TCP/IP, you must install and enable a network adapter card."

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 99.51%

I have an HP a f Intel Pentium Dual CPU bit operating system with a NVIDIA nForce Ethernet card and Netgear Wireless-G Router for the Toshiba laptop My internet connection has been working just fine on BOTH computers Recently JUST THE HP will "Local cable internet Plug a network Lost the - Error into Area Connection" adapter not connect to the internet saying quot plug a cable into the network adapter local Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection" Error - Lost internet area connection quot I have tried various repairs to diagnose where the issue is occurring and think it might be something to do with an HP update that may have messed something up or a driver issue After taking the router out of the loop trying a new ethernet cable etc I m thinking either drivers port or card I have Windows Vista and have searched various forums and tried several quot solutions quot to no avail Any ideas I am communicating thru my laptop s internet connection so I am limited to the quot Diagnose amp Repair quot options on my HP with NO INTERNET CONNECTION -ruled out router issue -tried different ethernet cords -researched error in System Diagnostics Report Microsoft to adapter is reporting quot tv configMgrErr quot -unchecked ipv internet protocol -several restarts -Network Sharing Center - checked properties of quot local area connection quot Desktop OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel Pentium Dual CPU E GHz Processor Count RAM GB RAM Hard Drives C Free - MB Antivirus Norton Enabled Some updates recently failed due to loss of internet connection C Users Robbi AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Robbi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - - - -AA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EDD A- - E -B DD- B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EDD A- - E -B DD- B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes amp Thanks in advance for any assistance offered Robbi nbsp

A:Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection" Error - Lost internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plug-a-cable-into-the-network-adapter-local-area-connection-error-lost-internet.949907/
Relevancy 98.27%

G day all I am hoping someone may be able to tell me why my local folders appear under quot The Internet quot Local Places" Solved: opening Network appear "My Folders "The as Internet"when on one of our work computers rather than under quot Local Network quot We have four machines running XP Home and one running XP Pro The front machine has XP Home on it and I cannot open any Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places" of the shared folders for this machine on any of the other three machines even though they all have the same workgroup name Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places" They are all connected via CAT cable and we have a Netcomm NB ADSL modem router a Netcomm V Telephone Adapter VOIP modem and an port switch in the boss s office And the front computer s folder s and drives that I have chosen to be shared are listed under quot The Internet quot Does anyone know why this is and how I would go about correcting it Thankyou for your help and time Aaron nbsp

A:Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-folders-appear-as-the-internet-when-opening-my-network-places.578697/
Relevancy 91.45%

Hey, so I have a problem and although i'm terrible at describing computer problems I'll give it my best shot. So one day I turn on my HP Pavilion dv6000 with Windows Vista x64 Ultimate and the internet would not work and it had been the previous day. The wireless connection switch is turned on and the light is blue, not orange, but my computer will not detect any networks. My little brother has an HP desktop with the same OS but he is not having problems connecting or finding the network so the problem is obviously internal to my computer. WHen i diagnose and repair it...i get the message: "plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection"." Again my connection is wireless and i have no idea how to fix this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/211407-plug-cable-into-network-adapter-local-area-connection.html
Relevancy 91.45%

Linksys WRT g Wireless router with a Linksys port workgroup switch on my end so that I can operate three computers at my desk There IS an ethernet line plugged into the ethernet port on my new windows vista PC I run primarily windows xp but Plug Area a adapter the network Connection" cable "Local into got stuck with vista Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection" on this new beast because they wouldn't sell the package without it My only copy of xp Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection" is for dell so I can't install it on an eMachines I won't run windows k on this one because it won't run some of the programs I use So the network is composed of mostly xp and one or windows k computers there are a LOT of computers on this LAN All I want is to get this stinking POS connected again and by again I mean I was playing world of warcraft on it less than hours ago It worked GREAT If somebody could tell me what this CRAP operating system just did to 'FORGET' how to connect to my network I would really appreciate it

A:Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection"

I HATE VISTA

I restarted the computer and it ate itself. I'm having to do a clean install 12 hours after getting it set up in the first place.

can somebody help me with this so it doesn't happen AGAIN?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/plug-a-cable-into-the-network-adapter-local-area-connection-213588.html
Relevancy 91.45%

how do i do that?
all the computers in my house are connection to the internet except for mine.
help please!

A:Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection"

what make and model of computer do you have do you have the user guide if so it will tell you if not need make model etc ie is it a laptop or desk top but this may help the cable you need is called a rj45 it looks like a large telephone plug and their is only one place it will fit so if you have a cable a little trial and error will help find it just do not force anything in anywhere

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/plug-a-cable-into-the-network-adapter-local-area-connection-329894.html
Relevancy 91.45%

i am trying to access internet through sony ericsson naite on Laptop(OS- VISTA). i had installed pc suite for trying to access internet with usb cable and bluetooth. Mobile is properly connect with pc (laptop) but i can't access internet.
when click connect internet option in pc suite i get message "Plug a cable into network adapter "local area connection" or get ip automatically". it try to configure manually and many trick on net, i failed to access net. operating system vista(updated).

Help me with steps please..

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/268312-plug-cable-into-network-adapter-local-area-connection-get-ip-automatically.html
Relevancy 86.8%

Im getting this when I try to open any of my Network Items in Network Connections; "an unexpected error occurred". I have found the supposed solution on the Microsoft Knowledgebase but the answer did not fix the problem for me.

Any Ideas... (other than reboot)

oh, i also have used system restore to no avail.

A:Network Properties "an unexpected error occurred"

Network Neighborhood issues .. is the computer stand alone or networked? .. was it once networked and not anymore? .. if it is networked with another machine are the workgroup names the same?
Peter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-properties-an-unexpected-error-occurred.227374/
Relevancy 86.18%

Hi chaps

Bit of trouble with home computer (family)

Running with XP - after two or three start ups I lose my wireless connection and have to
1.right click on the start-up menu (bottom right of screen) on the icon of a PC Monitoir with a red X next to it.
2.Click on Wireless Connection Properties -
3.click Wireless Networks Tab -
4.finally check the "Use Windows to congiure wireless network settings" and click OK

Bit of a long winded solution.

I think there must be a conflict somewhere between which application controls the wireless network - but I don't know how to resolve. Any ideas?

There are - when the wireless network is running fine - two icons on the start up bar both telling me about the status of the home network - one is a series of 5 horizontal bars; the other is a monitor with two )) (green) brackets.

Thanks

Richard

A:Computer forgets to "Use Windows to Configure wireless network settings"

i have exactly yhe same problem on my acer aspire laptop, every time i turn the computer off, found a solution yet?

desnoyers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-forgets-to-use-windows-to-configure-wireless-network-settings-191241.html
Relevancy 86.18%

I have purchased an older IBM Thinkpad that has been upgraded to Windows 2000 Pro. When I am in range of a known public Wi-fi network, or nearby to my home QSL modem (that has a built in router), the computer does not indicate that it has located an available network. This is when using, separately, both a Wi-fi card and a USB wireless adapter. (I have installed the required drivers.) When I consult the network connection information, it says, in either case: network cable unplugged. I can connect to the Internet via my home modem, if I plug the computer in directly, using an ethernet cable. But this does not solve the issue of being able to use a public network, when away from home.
I have also tried to set up a new network, but Windows 2000 does not seem to offer "setting up a wireless network" as an option. Any ideas?

A:Using either Wi-fi card/USB wireless adapter: "network cable unplugged"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-either-wi-fi-card-usb-wireless-adapter-network-cable-unplugged.795301/
Relevancy 84.94%

Hello I have installed Windows Ultimate bit on my laptop It came with Windows Ultimate but my laptop was running a bit slow so i re installed it and now everything seems fine One problem though The WiFi internet is not working When i click to troubleshoot it tells me to quot Install a driver for your network adapter Windows did not detect a properly installed network network driver a "Install ?!?!? for lolwut. adapter" your adapter If you have a network adapter you will need to re-install the drive quot Problem is I have no "Install a driver for your network adapter" ?!?!? lolwut. internet ON the laptop so how can I even install update it I looked up this problem in the internet and it said something about device manager and what not I check my Device manager and i see a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark on it next to Ethernet Controller Network Controller PCI Simple Communications Controller Please help me get my internet back on my laptop Laptop Model Toshiba Satellite L -S I am posting this thread on another computer just fyi o o PS i know i have to download something and put it on the usb and what-not or something along those lines please do not just say quot go download drivers quot cuz to be honest i have no idea what quot Drivers quot your talking about i know im asking too much but can you guys please provide the links thanks in advance PSS i am not good with computers please give me in dept replies on how too solve this horrid problem

A:"Install a driver for your network adapter" ?!?!? lolwut.

nvm fixed it... you have to download the Ethernet Controller/Network Controller/PCI Simple Communications Controller drivers..

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/236333-install-driver-your-network-adapter-lolwut.html
Relevancy 83.08%

As the title says, I'm getting a box saying "An unexpected error has occurred" whenever I try and access the properties window for my ethernet adapter. An unexpected power outage earlier in the day rendered my Windows 8 installation half messed up, leaving most of my drivers corrupt, so I had to attempt a refresh today, which solved most of my problems. Unfortunately others like this have been cropping up since the refresh. I've looked for other possible solutions to this problem, and none have worked so far. Re-registering DLL files solved nothing, a system file check didn't do anything, and making sure I was in the correct user groups didn't solve anything either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:"unexpected error" trying to access Network Adapter

Probably your best bet would be to backup your data then do a restore to factory or clean install. More painful than a refresh but in the long run I think it will save you time and aggravation.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/24548-unexpected-error-trying-access-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 82.77%

Hi,

For several days my wireless connection has been connecting and disconnecting. Today I tried connecting to wireless and cannot actively see any wireless networks available. My wireless switch is on and is showing a blue light and Network Adapters in Device Manager show no warnings however when I run diagnose in Network Sharing Centre it tells me that Network Adapter "Wireless Networks Connection" is not connected.

The Wireless Router is fine and another laptop and iPad seem to have no problems connecting to it please could you advise?

I am running Windows Vista on a Vaio VGN FE41S

Many thanks,

J. Smith

A:Network Adapter "Wireless Network Connection" Problem for VGN FE41S

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.
please include the xirrus screen shots for both conditions - see how below.

Please post back here the make and exact model of the router and if you have a separate modem, the make and exact model of the modem.

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connection exists without DNS.
these tests then confirm if there is a dns issue on the connection.Click to expand...

---------------------... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-wireless-network-connection-problem-for-vgn-fe41s.1069737/
Relevancy 82.46%

This just happened out of nowhere yesterday morning My local "Network a - internet? to the network to not Connected 7" but Solved: roommate was using her laptop with no issues until suddenly the connection cut out She tried reconnecting but had no luck so she waited still no signal She was able to see our network name but it would not allow her to connect to it Same thing when I tried my laptop I could see it scanning wi-fi and showed available connections including our own but it wouldn t let me connect The desktop in our home office has internet The modem is showing all the proper lights flashing indicating there is ethernet DSL and internet When we open our laptops and get a signal even for a brief moment it kills the connection on the desktop and all lights on the modem go off except the power light which starts flashing slowly Totally loses connection As soon as we close the laptop the connection comes back on the desktop I noticed that the icon in the Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet? tray that indicates connectivity the two computer monitors flashing blue back and forth looks different than normal There is no little globe in Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet? front of them there are just two monitors and there is usually a globe showing internet access So I clicked it and it says we re connected to quot Network quot Access local So I took a screen shot of this What is going on can someone help me out I have no idea what to do but we need internet on the Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet? laptops If you need any more information from me feel free to ask Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connected-to-network-7-a-local-network-but-not-to-the-internet.1073683/
Relevancy 82.15%

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help me diagnose what is causing this error during install - "windows could not configure one or more system components". I go through the setup process and everything seems to be going normally, then the system reboots and comes back to the last stage of the setup screen as normal then I get the error telling me to try reinstalling again.

I used the program 'Win Toolkit' to integrate the latest updates into my install image which I know is what caused the error, but I'd like to know specifically which update/s are causing the error so that I can exclude them when rebuilding my image.

I have attached some install logs from the \Windows\Panther directory, hopefully some of the knowledgeable people here can help me troubleshoot the problem?!

Thanks in advance!

A:Error during install - "windows could not configure one or more..."

Hi blueman83, welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Could you be clearer on how you are doing the install. Are you using the usual Windows 7 installation DVD, or are you installing a backed up image. If you are reinstalling from a backed up image what program are you using.

Using 3rd party software to assist installation will very likely cause problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/376334-error-during-install-windows-could-not-configure-one-more.html
Relevancy 80.91%

I recently bought my son a D-Link DWA-25 USB Wireless adapter for his desktop but I can't seem to get it to work. Not matter what I do (I have tried every bit of advice this wonderful forum has to offer) and so for all I get is "Acquiring Network Address." When I run ipconfig, it returns and ip address of 0.0.0.0 and a subnet mask of 0.0.0.0. Customer service for D-Link and Qwest were useless (spent most of the time blaming each other), so any help you guys and gals can lend me would be stupendous.

A:Stuck on "Acquiring Network Address" for Wireless Adapter on Windows XP

(from a JohnWill post)

IP addresses of 0.0.0.0 are normally caused by one of the following.

Diagnosis:
1. DHCP Service not running.
2. Duplicate IP address on the network.
3. Bad NIC card drivers.
4. Defective NIC hardware.

Resolution:
1. Check Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services. The DHCP Client service should be Started and its Startup Type should be Automatic.
2. Turn off ALL of the computers and other network connected devices, reboot the router, then restart all the computers and other network devices.
3. Check for upgraded drivers and/or reload the Network drivers.
4. Replace the Network Interface Card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-acquiring-network-address-for-wireless-adapter-on-windows-xp.971660/
Relevancy 80.91%

Hi,

I'd appreciate some help. I'm a computer dunce, and I don't know what I did to my system.

I run Windows 7 on a Toshiba Satellite with a Realtek wireless card. I ran ad-aware to clean up my system. It brought up a list of many proposed changes (cookies, registry), and I approved it without looking closely.

After it removed the problems, my wireless internet ceased to function, but the ethernet cable still works. The Windows diagnostic states:

"The Windows wireless service is not running on this computer."

and

"Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter."

I downloaded and ran the most current drivers from Realtek and the Windows Update, and nothing changed. I've read some posts where people think this kind of thing is a registry problem, but I have no idea.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ken

A:"Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter."

Hi -

Run Windows System Restore - choose a restore point prior to the running of Ad-Aware -
START | type rstrui

Remove Ad-Aware from your system.

Install MSE --> http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-couldnt-automatically-bind-the-ip-protocol-stack-to-the-network-adapter-500311.html
Relevancy 80.6%

So my cousin's laptop wont connect to the internet, and I cant seem to fix it. The driver for the network adapter seems to be missing. I tried downloading the driver from intel's website (I'm not very computer savvy), to no avail. He has an Acer Aspire 5349-2620, SNID 15204499276. Attached is an image of what's indicated when I try to troubleshoot the problem. Any help is appreciated!

A:"Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter"

Hi there Welcome to Seven Forums ... You can download the Driver from the Link below

Acer | Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/300049-windows-could-not-find-driver-your-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 80.6%

So I bought a pavllion p6 2014 desktop but it doesnt have any internet, when I troubleshoot it says "windows could not find a driver for your network adapter"" i'm using an Ethernet cable as internet.

A:"Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter"

Hi welcome to the forum

have you gone to hp support site for your model computer aand download the driver from an internet connected computer then transfer it to the no working one. HP Support, Drivers, Contact and Help Forums | HP? Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/360259-windows-could-not-find-driver-your-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 110.51%

Well one day i went find not adapter" could HELP network "Windows your onto my gaming PC and started playing it randomly restarted and did some random windows check while starting Then when i finally logged on i had no internet connection my computer didnt sense there being a cable plugged in Wired connection The orange light wasn t on So i figured i should just reinstall windows anyway Blue screens ect After i reinstall i have the same issues I have moved it to a different room and still the same thing If i can t fix it then i plan to just buy a USB wireless but i would like to see what others think what i should "Windows could not find your network adapter" HELP do before i go making hasty decisions The computer "Windows could not find your network adapter" HELP say quot Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter quot I have tried many things i have found on this forum and nothing So maybe a link to a driver my Router is a Linksys WRT GL and has always worked Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 110.08%

I was given an old Toshiba Satellite Pro and have reformated the HDD to clear whatever junk was on it After putting Windows back on XP SP everything seems to work as it should apart from that I can t connect to my home wi-fi network The network is picked up OK but when OK card and may range" router is have become - Error out "network saying of wlan I click connect I get an error saying that the network may have become Error saying "network may have become out of range" - router and wlan card is OK out of range even when right next to the router I have three other PCs connecting wirelessly to the network with no probs The router is not restriced to certain mac addresses There are plenty of available DHCP slots It works OK via ethernet I have tried disabling wireless security on the router I have tried changing the wireless channel to something else on the router The laptop has an inbuilt mini-PCI wireless card that seems to be hooked up OK to the antenna and the driver is the latest one I have also tried a Linksys PCMCIA wi-fi card I ve been using this fine on another laptop Could this be an issue with whatever driver controls these interfaces such as PCI Bridge Chipset or whatever Which one could it be Any ideas I ve manually gone right-click Update Driver to all system devices in Device Manager and still doesn t work Thanks nbsp

A:Error saying "network may have become out of range" - router and wlan card is OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-saying-network-may-have-become-out-of-range-router-and-wlan-card-is-ok.767744/
Relevancy 110.08%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and access window area "local properties" in properties Cannot connection quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv e also tried it jusing the administrator account But it didn t help What is causing this problem and how I fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window.636065/
Relevancy 110.08%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the access window Cannot in properties" area connection properties "local window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv'e also tried it using the administrator account But it didn't help What is causing this problem and how Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window I fix it Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window-187331.html
Relevancy 109.65%

I am running a peer-to-peer LAN Vanish from Wizard" Network Install Network Using Places Printer Computers My "HP of Win XP Pro SP boxes Over of them in a particular workgroup All static IP addresses All machines have File and Print Sharing set up and Windows Firewall turned off I have used quot HP Install Network Printer Wizard quot to install a couple of HP s Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places and Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places a HP d printer each of which have JetDirect N cards installed But my problem isn t with the installation and use of the printers In fact this software works fine and everyone prints happily Here s the catch all machines using HP Install Network Printer Wizard mysteriously disappear from My Network Places no matter what machine I use to look at My Network Places after minutes If I reboot one of them it s back for about minutes then gone Now they re pingable and in fact you can find them using the Search button But they re not visible and to my staff this is a major obstacle I have boxes without the HP wizard and they re visible on My Network Places Using a couple different boxes as guinea pigs I can affirm that deleting the printers uninstalling HP Install Network Printer Wizard and eliminating references to it in the registry does not reverse the situation and fix the problem Ugh I can also affirm that disabling our Kaspersky Anti-Virus does not solve the quot vanishing quot problem A call to HP Support and subsequent discussion with their reps yielded no help although they did get a good chuckle out of it nbsp

A:Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places

OK there is a catch here you know how the printers after 20 min of no using them is going in stand by mode ... for some reason the network card is going in standby mode for the printer also if you try to print over the network you gonna see that the printer is going back visible.
Solution: There was a option in Network Monitor Devices for don't going on that "standby mode" check and see if this will help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computers-using-hp-install-network-printer-wizard-vanish-from-my-network-places.596562/
Relevancy 108.79%

I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 to my laptop, using Vista, and there is no "sharing"d tab to allow ICS, so It always fails the IP address test. I've tried every site and googled it multiple times but still haven't gotten a solution.

A:Solved: No "Sharing" tab in wireless network connection properties

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sharing-tab-in-wireless-network-connection-properties.754170/
Relevancy 108.79%

I have to set up a Broadband connection. But Local Area connection icon is missing. Someone told "drivers" could be missing... I installed few. But the problem is as it was.. please guide me in this regards.. Thank you

Screen shots Attached

A:"Local Area Connection" missing in "Change adapter Settings".. Plz hlp

Hi and welcome to the Forum
Is the Broadband connection working OK?
Where are you looking for the icon? Can you post a screenshot of the location where you expect to see the LAN icon?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286724-local-area-connection-missing-change-adapter-settings-plz-hlp.html
Relevancy 107.5%

I have a Dell desktop running Vista connected to a Canon printer via a Linksys wireless router Initially I had the printer connected via USB to another Dell computer on the network and everything birectional support" message printer network "Enable on worked fine I needed the USB port for another device so I changed it to wire the printer via ethernet directly "Enable birectional support" message on network printer from the router Now the first computer also connected "Enable birectional support" message on network printer to the router via ethernet still works fine However the wireless computer has some issues I get a message that the computer cannot communicate with the printer and to quot enable bidirectional support quot However the bidirectional support box is greyed on the printer properties The strange thing is that the printer still works even though the computer says it isn t working So I seem to be communicating just fine from the PC to the router to the printer but some how the reverse path isn t working right and I don t know how to get the quot bidrectional support quot ungreyed I ve tried reinstalling the printer drivers but that doesn t make any difference I used to go wireless from the computer to the router ethernet from the router to another computer and USB from that computer to the printer - everything worked Now I am going wireless from the computer to the router and ethernet from the router to the printer Works OK but gives a warning that it isn t working Anyone know how to fix this nbsp

A:"Enable birectional support" message on network printer

I think you need to add a new port called standard tcp/ip.

http://forums.linksys.com/linksys/board/message?board.id=Wireless_Print_Servers&thread.id=15

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/enable-birectional-support-message-on-network-printer.119527/
Relevancy 107.5%

I am on a small network where the printer Appears Never "Properties" Printer Network is connected to a PC WinXP The laptop Vista is on the network The printer is an HP Deskjet that is quot shared quot on the network I installed the Vista drivers for the printer on the laptop No issues with connecting to the printer and just plain printing My problem is when I want to save ink and alter the printer s printing properties I am usually printing an email or from Word So when I go to Print and choose the network printer then click on Properties the panel never appears until after I click on quot OK quot to print I tried to change the settings another way through the Control Panel -- Printer -- right click network printer Network Printer "Properties" Never Appears -- Properties Under the quot General quot tab I click on the quot Printing Preferences quot button and the panel flickers like another window was supposed to pop up but doesn t When I close the network printer properties I see another panel appear for less than a second then disappears nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-properties-never-appears.592258/
Relevancy 107.5%

i'm trying to configure my network to connect automaticaly.
i right click the network on the network list, but there is only disconnect and status.
there is no "properties" option.
on another computer there is.
the user is admin and UAC is turned off.

F#&^$%

A:don't have the "properties" option for wireless network

Go to start > control panel > network

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/78454-dont-have-properties-option-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 107.5%

I am trying to configure a home network to share printers and files, but for some reason one of my two computers cannot see the other. My laptop cannot see my desktop when I go to "Network" but it can see my other wireless devices. My desktop can see everything on the network, including the laptop. I have checked all the firewalls, including McAfee settings.

One thing that I found to be strange was that in Network Properties for my wireless network, the desktop shows "networking" AND "sharing" tabs, but the laptop is missing the "sharing" tab. I think that this might be the problem.

Also, I forgot to mention that the desktop can ping the laptop, but the laptop will not ping the desktop.

Thank you for the help

A:"Sharing" tab is missing in network properties

Welcome to the forum
Some possible answers
Sharing tab is missing on Wireless network connection properties - Vista Help
http://www.winvistatips.com/sharing-...s-t117535.html

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/286407-sharing-tab-missing-network-properties.html
Relevancy 107.07%

Running XP on 2 computers. Have them connected by a router. I set the router IP to 192.168.3.1 Everything connects great! When I connect to a wireless network, it all connects, but doesn't work ("connection timed out" or "Page not found" errors. The wire connection shows an IP of 192.168.2.1. If I disable my Local Area Network, the internet connects perfectly. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I CAN USE MY LOCAL AREA NETWORK AND THE WIRELESS CONNECTION AT THE SAME TIME! Frustrating to the max! Any network specialists out there who can tell me how to fix this? Thanks!!!

A:Conflict between "Wireless Network Connection" & "Local Area Connection"

berkeleygh said:

Running XP on 2 computers. Have them connected by a router. I set the router IP to 192.168.3.1 Everything connects great! When I connect to a wireless network, it all connects, but doesn't work ("connection timed out" or "Page not found" errors. The wire connection shows an IP of 192.168.2.1.Click to expand...

You should know that x.x.2.1 is incorrect. For the router address shown, all devices that connect to it *must* be 192.168.3.x where x > 1 and < 255.

I would suspect that you have some static configuration data in the devices.

You want your router to offer DHCP in the range 2->32 (that's more than enough) and
you want all systems to use DHCP for the IP address and DNS settings.

Remove anything in the Alternative Configurations

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/conflict-between-wireless-network-connection-local-area-connection.154215/
Relevancy 107.07%

I ve got a problem with one of the computers in our workgroup Looking at My Network Places in Windows XP it used to be named say but... "Local Network should Places My Network" quot Local Network quot and the Network Location for each of the computers in our workgroup should also be detailed as My Network Places should say "Local Network" but... quot Local Network quot I m not sure how it happened but now My Network Places has the name of quot Internet quot and the Network Location of all of the computers in our workgroup on that computer are detailed also as quot Internet quot All of the other computers on the network are fine and in fact the files on the computers in our workgroup may still be viewed and accessed via My Network Places on the computer in question However trying to for instance open a database on our server through My Network Places now yields a security error due to Windows XP believing that our network is an Internet network Files may still be opened by copying them to the local harddrive but I would like to change the settings in My Network Places back to the quot Local Network quot setting that it should register our network as Any hints suggestions would be very helpful Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-network-places-should-say-local-network-but.521874/
Relevancy 106.21%

Hellow!
I need some help here!

I've just installed a Dynex wireless usb network adapter to my desktop pc, which was previously connect to my 2wire router via ethernet cable.
Not that i've installed the USB network adapter, i've unplgged the ethernet cable and i'm unable to use the internet! Despite that i've installe the USB network adapter!

I recieved the follog errow msg in the taskbar
...."This problem occurs because the network did not assign a network address to the computer"

What should i do?

thanks

A:Solved: "The network did not assign a network address to the computer" error msg

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-the-network-did-not-assign-a-network-address-to-the-computer-error-msg.678906/
Relevancy 105.78%

ok, so basically I have 4 computers here at the house all on highspeed. They all run XP and they are all on "mshome" which works just fine. You go into my network places, you see all 4 computers and can access them all without anyproblems (share files, printer sharing works fine) anyways, I have a laptop that I will be connecting from another internet location and I want it to show up in My Network Places so the computers will think it's right at the house, so I could print to the printer and communicate across the local network as if I was at home. Any way to do this? I got all the basic networking stuff down. But have never really looked into anything like this and have always wondered about it.

A:Connecting My LapTop From Another Internet Location To My "MSHOME" Local Network

???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-my-laptop-from-another-internet-location-to-my-mshome-local-network.420800/
Relevancy 105.78%

My girlfriend's laptop (HP pavilion entertainment) only recently had these problems.

-When shutting down, it stalls on the shutdown screen where it says "Shutting Down...", and the spinner keeps spinning.

-Both her LAN and wireless connections suddenly only have "local only" access. I've tried restarting CMOS/BIOS (not sure) by holding down the power button for 30 secs and reinstalled the network adapter drivers but both to no avail. I have also read about many other people with vista having this problem, but nobody had a definite solution.
Thanks ALOT for any help =)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-shut-down-local-only-network-access-vista-home-basic.612623/
Relevancy 105.78%

ok, so basically I have 4 computers here at the house all on highspeed. They all run XP and they are all on "mshome" which works just fine. You go into my network places, you see all 4 computers and can access them all without anyproblems (share files, printer sharing works fine) anyways, I have a laptop that I will be connecting from another internet location and I want it to show up in My Network Places so the computers will think it's right at the house, so I could print to the printer and communicate across the local network as if I was at home. Any way to do this? I got all the basic networking stuff down. But have never really looked into anything like this and have always wondered about it.

A:Connecting My LapTop From Another Internet Location To My "MSHOME" Local Network

You would probably receive better support using this forum:

http://forums.techguy.org/f53-s.html

GL!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-my-laptop-from-another-internet-location-to-my-mshome-local-network.420749/
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi folks.  This is after doing an upgrade from Server 2008 to Server 2008 R2 mind you.  Not sure if that matters.  

I was having problems with RDPing to my Win7 clients so I checked that remote desktop was enabled.  When doing so I saw that it informed me that I had to allow rdp access in the firewall which I know had been done before.  After looking around I realized that my network profile had been changed to "Public".  I also noticed that my active network shows as "unauthenticated".  What does this mean and how can I fix this?  How did this happen?  Thanks.

A:Network shows as "Unauthenticated"....Changed my network profile to "Public"

How many DCs are there in the domain?
I suggest that you remove the Windows 7 computer from the AD, and exit the Windows 7 computer from domain. Then, re-join the computer to the domain. How does it work now?
If the issue persists, please temporary disable the firewall on both computers. Also, please check if Network Location Awareness service is enabled on the server and Windows 7 computers.Arthur Xie - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ca343a3c-c61e-4816-9a96-d973386db2e2/network-shows-as-quotunauthenticatedquotchanged-my-network-profile-to-quotpublicquot?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi
I've come back home on holiday from university and am having trouble with reconnecting to my home wireless network.

When I started uni, I had to change settings on my browser(Firefox) and computer to connect to the university network. The instructions for which or here if they are any help (Configure your laptop/PC :: Wireless Access at Aberdeen - DIT, University of Aberdeen click on windows7).

Currently, the wireless network I'm trying to connect to is a BTHomeHub with "shared" "WEP" settings. What do my computer settings need to be for this?

Hopefully someone can help, thanks :)

A:Unable to get "Computer network settings" to match "requirements of the Network"

Go to Start/Search and type inetcpl.cpl right click the inetcpl.cpl icon in the search results and Run As Administrator. go to /Connections/LAN Settings. Make sure all the boxes are unchecked. Now go to Start/Search and type ncpa.cpl right click the ncpa.cpl icon and Run As Administrator. now Right click the Local Area connection/Properties scroll down to Internet Protocol (TCP-IP IPV4)/Properties. Make sure Obtain an IP Address and DNS Server Address Automatically are both checked. Now go to Start/Search and type CMD Right click the CMD.exe icon and choose Run As Administrator. In the Command Prompt type ipconfig /release and press enter. the IP Address changes to 0.0.0.0 Now type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter. Now type ipconfig /renew. Now type ipconfig /all. You should have a new IP address try it again. If you still cannot connect please include the text output of your ipconfig /all in your next post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-get-computer-network-settings-to-match-requirements-of-the-network-610116.html
Relevancy 105.78%

I am running Windows 10 Insider build 14332 and had issues setting up home group. After running the home group troubleshooter, my ethernet and wifi adaptors got renamed to "Ethernet 2" and "Wi-Fi 2" respectively.
I am unable to rename it now. It shows an error "Cannot rename this connection. A connection with the name that you specified already exists. Specify a different name."
My internet is working fine but I am finding these names a bit annoying. I have seared online for similar issues but the solutions haven't worked for me.

A:"Wi-Fi" shown as "Wi-Fi 2" in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

The devices are still in the device manager but not connected.
These are hidden devices.
To much here to tell you how.
Search for hidden devices, device manager to find how to remove them
This has been around since XP

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/423793-wi-fi-shown-wi-fi-2-control-panel%5Cnetwork-internet%5Cnetwork-connections.html
Relevancy 105.35%

With XP I had a "shared" to Connecting network folders, drives, local on local network of three computers--my desktop my wife's desktop and my laptop I bought a new laptop with Vista I installed Vista on my desktop And I have left my wife's with XP I have setup the network The two Vista machines are quot connected quot in the sense that they show up on the network map with the XP machine showing up down on the bottom The network shows up correctly in explorer I can connect the two Vista computers to the XP drives and folders But I can't do it with the Vista machines even though explorer lists them as type quot share quot I have set the c drives and documents folders etc to share I had trouble for several Connecting to "shared" drives, folders, on local network days connecting to the printer until I discovered that Live OneCare's firewall was blocking it Once I turned that off I could use the printer from the laptop So now for its trial period at least I am using Norton There must be some setting that I have missed but I can't figure out what I keep getting the message quot computername c is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission Access denied quot I am logged on as the administrator I've scoured Help on the subject of access permission and can't find what I need I certainly miss the XP Network Wizard Warner

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connecting-to-shared-drives-folders-on-local-network-141877.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Hello, so I downloaded hamachi the other day to play with some friends on GMOD and I was finished with hamachi so I decided to un-install it, after doing so, I noticed Google Chrome, Mozilla, Steam and many more applications can't connect to the internet, but Internet Explorer 64 bit is able to connect... I don't know how to fix this and I've done a bunch of research on many ways to possibly fix it but none have worked so far... I use a wireless usb for my wireless connection, it works perfectly fine but my Local Area Connection keeps saying that one message and I just wanna fix it :/ please help?

A:Local Area Connection "Network cable unplugged"

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus WiFi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here. For Vista and Windows 7, 8 you can use the Windows Snipping Tool

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged-1008882.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Setup We have a server running Win server and each user has an account so they can log into their account using any computer I installed reinstalled Windows XP pro on a computer and installed all the drivers Everything looks okay in device manager but when I connect an ethernet cable I have no internet and it says quot limited address" valid and doesn't Network IP Limited/No "Local a activity Area have no activity quot and I can't access the internet I tried to have windows repair it but then it says quot local area network doesn't have a valid IP address Do I need to be part of the domain and logged in to use the internet Limited/No activity and "Local Area Network doesn't have a valid IP address" Anyways I went into ethernet properties and IPv is not checked V is checked and in the properties for it its set to obtain the IP and DNS server address automatically All the computers are set the same I tried entering the domain information and all that but it doesn't work I took pics of the settings before and it doesn't work when I put it in So I have a couple questions Do I need to be logged in or any computer I plug in should be able to access the internet How do I fix it so I can enter the domain information so I can set it up where I can log into any user from this computer

A:Limited/No activity and "Local Area Network doesn't have a valid IP address"

I want to apologize in advance that I can't get the ipconfig /all information for you right now, since I am away from work for the weekend. Anyway to troubleshoot or give me some ideas to try before I go back into work?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/limited-no-activity-and-local-area-network-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-address-959801.html
Relevancy 105.35%

As soon as I start an application (Cadence Allegro PCB Designer 16.5 but I don't think it's relevant) my CPU usage gets to the roof and stays there long after I killed the application and I believe I every associated process. The CPU usage is so high that the battery will be drained after about 45 minutes (It usually last about 3 hours).

According to my task manager the responsible is "Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted)". As a matter of fact, preventing the executable from accessing the network sort of solves the issue. I don't believe I need that executable to access the network but I'd like to understand what kind of network service can consume that much CPU (was actually affraid of overheating) and to know if there's a more appropriate way to solve this. Thanks.

A:"Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted)" High CPU Usage

Hi Lous!

I'm having the complete same error with another one of Cadences programs, OrCAD.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/9167-service-host-local-system-network-restricted-high-cpu-usage.html
Relevancy 105.35%

When in windows 8.1 and I look at the wireless connections, there is no option to right click and choose "properties" to where you could see the password if need be, etc. Is this no longer an option in windows 8.1? Is there another place to see these settings as they are in widows 7?

A:Where to look at "properties" for network connections?

goto control panel
goto network and internet
click network and sharing
click change adapter settings
should be too able that way.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67162-where-look-properties-network-connections.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Hello Whenever I reboot my computer the network adapter has the tiny yellow mark on it displaying that theres limited or no connection In network tab I can see networks being my Home network like it should be and serious adapter network bug network" "Ghost then there a ghost network called unidentified network I cannot delete or "Ghost network" serious network adapter bug poke at this network at all While this network is active theres no connection to the internet However I can access my router page and what not on local lan and according to the package amount the connection works perfectly fine it just doesnt load any actual webpages or is capable of connection to the internet See the pictures below to get a better picture of this Only way to fix this temporarly is to disable and then enable the network connection the ghost network will then go away and the network connection works fine so how the hell can I remove this network permanently Thanks build is atm but it happend on earlier builds as well

A:"Ghost network" serious network adapter bug

wired or wireless?

go to start type cmd... then type in "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) copy and paste that info here

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/7843-ghost-network-serious-network-adapter-bug.html
Relevancy 104.92%

I pretty much don't really know much about my p c system as I'm not usually the one looking into the works of my p c In fact all I know is what I've seen others do So forgive me restricted)(11)" eating virtual (network Local system "service memory host: in my ignorance I've looked around and saw that either no one has my issue or if they do the fixes are generally confusing nbsp I bought a laptop with windows bout - months ago I not sure if the issues started when I upgraded to windows or just afterwards but they've been going on for a few weeks My computer is running out of virtual memory at the most random times Usually it starts to run out of virtual memory after a couple of days of it being left on with standby If I close most my active programs the memory changes by - If I have "service host: Local system (network restricted)(11)" eating virtual memory more then four programs open at this stage it warns me that my virtual memory is being used up I am usually using Chrome or firefox but that would refuse to stay open for more then seconds so I uninstalled it steam chatting only musicbee and task manager Task manager usage http i imgur com qpRPBxqh jpg Warning nbsp http i imgur com X TK png My only virus scan is Windows defender and it claims no threats were detected nbsp I have gig of ram but I'm not positive how to check virtual memory Or even where to start with fixing this issue nbsp Anyway thank you in advance and if you need more information just let me know

A:"service host: Local system (network restricted)(11)" eating virtual memory

Hi,
First, let me explain that Virtual memory is used when your RAM is filled up or when you put a laptop into hibernate mode (hibernate mode essentially dumps your RAM onto the hard drive so it can pick up where it left off even after power is shut off).
Since the general shut down of Windows 8 or 8.1 likes a combined hibernate  so that windows can start up quickly, I consider that this issue is caused by such shut down and fast boot.
I suggest we disable fast boot to check the issue:
To Turn "Fast Startup" On or Off in System Settings on this article:
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6320-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-8-a.html
Also, we can try to reset virtual memory to see what?s going on.
Configure Virtual Memory in Windows 8
http://www.trainingtech.net/configure-virtual-memory-in-windows-8/
If the issue persists, please test it in Clean boot mode:
How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If the issue doesn?t appear, you can determine which one can be the cause by using dichotomy in MSconfig. Checking on half of Non-Microsoft service and restart, determining which half of the services cause the issue and repeating to check half of the problematic
half services.
If the issue persists in Clean boot mode, let?s run Process explorer to view which program calling service host causing this issue, and we can remove it to see what?s going on:

Process Explorer v15.40
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
Detail steps you can refer this blog:
How to troubleshoot high cpu in the System process
http://blogs.technet.com/b/yongrhee/archive/2009/08/07/how-to-troubleshoot-high-cpu-in-the-system-process.aspx
It could help you to determine which process detailed under svhost.exe cause the issue.
Keep post.Kate Li
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/96deedbe-b1c1-45b5-9428-e6938f48d81d/quotservice-host-local-system-network-restricted11quot-eating-virtual-memory?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 104.92%

unidentified network local only help Since upgrading to Comcast s new Xfinity modem wireless router my laptop can t connect to only network help" local "Unidentified connection, wireless No the internet wirelessly I m able to connect through Ethernet cable and every other device on my network No wireless connection, "Unidentified network local only help" mac mini iPhone HTC one Dell studio notebook have no issues whatsoever So frustrated Have seen multiple posts regarding same issue my apologies for a repost but I just can t figure this out Many many thanks in advance --Sheri ---- Here is the info after running the SysInfo download Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit No wireless connection, "Unidentified network local only help" Processor Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Not Updated ----- Here is the info after running ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users attaG RL gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name attaG RL-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ga comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ga comcast net Description LAN-Express AS IEEE g PCI-E Adapter Physical Address - - E- -DB-BF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c eb b a e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November PM Lease Expires Friday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap ARRIS Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ga comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users attaG RL gt nbsp

Relevancy 104.92%

I've been putting up with this problem since Vista but now that I bought a new Win machine I decided that I would ask here so I can hopefully resolve it once and for all I have an old computer that I've repurposed as a file locations your as local declare to "inside How network"? server for all the other machines on my network and one of the things How to declare locations as "inside your local network"? I do with it is How to declare locations as "inside your local network"? to put various program installer files on it so I can install them to the other machines without having to download the same file over and over However when accessing these remote files from any machine except those still running XP I get an extra warning box telling me that the file quot is in a location outside your local network quot It's not but for some reason these machines think it is I've Googled various fragments of text from these warning boxes each Windows version has slightly different wording for this warning the screen shot I've attached is from the Win machine I happen to be on right now but no matter which variant I search for everything I find about getting rid of this warning is either geared toward similar warnings given by MS Access for remote databases or for marking external Web sites as trusted How do I tell Windows How to declare locations as "inside your local network"? that this local file server is in fact local and not in need of these repetitive and annoying warnings

A:How to declare locations as "inside your local network"?

I solved this problem on my computer by putting my ABSOLUTELY TRUSTED subnets in the Intranet Zone. The settings apply to Internet Explorer and to File Explorer - basically any connection(s) to machines in those subnets. They permit me to browse to my router and printers with Internet Explorer protected mode off, and to transfer files from server and workstation shares to my computer using File Explorer or mapped drives without the warnings or having to 'unblock' files after they were transferred.

IMPORTANT: The Intranet Zone is the most trusted and least protected zone. DO NOT put any subnets or IP addresses in this zone unless they are TOTALLY under YOUR control. That includes ANY public server, web site, subnet, or IP address.

1) Select 'Control Panel'/'Internet Properties'/'Security' tab.
(Alternatively, open Internet Explorer and select 'Tools'/'Internet Options'/'Security' tab.)

2) Highlight 'Local Intranet' and click 'Sites'.

3) Set the following:Uncheck 'Automatically detect intranet network'.
Check 'Include all local (intranet) sites not listed in other zones'.
Uncheck 'Include all sites that bypass the proxy server'.
Check 'Include all network paths (UNCs)'.
4) Click 'Advanced'

5) Uncheck 'Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone'.

6) In the field labeled 'Add this web site to the zone:', add your local, private subnet using an asterisk for a network mask and click 'Add'. E.g. If your home (local) network is 192.168.25.0 with a mask of 255.255.255.0, enter '192.168.25.*' (without the quotes).

Notes for adding to this list:Entries can be: Individual IP addresses (e.g. '192.168.5.25', etc.),
Class C subnets (e.g. '192.168.27.*'),
Class B subnets (e.g. '172.16.*.*'), or
Class A subnets (e.g. '10.*.*.*') You can add as many addresses as you need to the list
It can be handy add the address of a VPN subnet to the list if it is also private and you TOTALLY trust it.
7) Close out with 'Close'/'OK'/'OK' and close the Control Panel (or Internet Explorer).

Please reply back with your experience with these settings.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28456-how-declare-locations-inside-your-local-network.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Hello.

Moved in to a new house and had Comcast install cable modem. I'm using a linksys WRT54G, with an Atheros AR5006EG card in my laptop. Previously the wirless network worked fine.

Now the laptop finds and connects to the wireless network, but as local only - no internet. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 104.49%

Hi error address computer" not network assign network to a the did "The I ve just installed aN Encore wireless usb network adapter to my desktop pc which was previously connect to my wire router via ethernet cable Not that i ve installed the USB network adapter i ve unplgged the ethernet cable and i m unable "The network did not assign a network address to the computer" error to use the internet Despite that i ve installe the USB network adapter I recieved the follog errow msg in the taskbar quot This problem occurs "The network did not assign a network address to the computer" error because the network did not assign a network address to the computer quot What should i do thanks PS This is the info you requested in another post NETWORK ADAPTERS -BLUETOOTH PAN NETWORK ADAPTER -REALTEK RTL PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC -REALTEK RTL B Wireless g Mbps USB Network Adapter CMD "The network did not assign a network address to the computer" error Screen C Documents and Settings Tomas Vecchi gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name TOMAS Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL PCI-E Gigabit E thernet NIC Physical Address - D- - - -C Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth PAN Network Adapter Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server Lease Obtained S bado de Mayo de Lease Expires Martes de Enero de Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL B Wireless g Mbps USB Network Adapter Physical Address - -E - C-CA- E nbsp

A:"The network did not assign a network address to the computer" error

Disable encryption and MAC Address filtering on the router and try to connect. Assuming success you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

If unsuccessful make sure you have the latest driver for the wireless adapter. Make sure you have the latest firmware for the router; then reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-network-did-not-assign-a-network-address-to-the-computer-error.827643/
Relevancy 104.06%

with an icon of a computer with a red quot X quot over it I do not know what a network cable is or how it could be unplugged because my computer came with wifi I cannot get it to connect to the internet at all My Dell Precision M recently had a Dell Precision unplugged" showing Network laptop cable Connection message,"Local Area computer virus and I Dell Precision laptop showing message,"Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged" ran malware megabytes to try to fix it Malwarebytes did clear my computer of the virus but after a few days of running malwarebytes my laptop gave me a message that it had to shut down to protect itself It said that if I had recently changed any settings on the computer that might be the cause of the shutdown Everytime I turned the computer on it would show the same message and then shut down again I brought it to a computer mechanic He said that malware megabytes got rid of the virus but probably mistook a good file as part of the virus My computer seemed to be shutting down because of a the good file that malware megabytes modified I got my laptop back from the computer guy today It seems to be fixed other than the fact that it won t connect to the internet at all The first time I recieved the message quot Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged quot was after I ran malwarebytes but before I brought it to the computer guy My laptop would often connect to the internet anyway back then I am wondering if malwarebytes might have changed the internet settings Does anyone know how to fix this problem Thank you nbsp

A:Dell Precision laptop showing message,"Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged"

If you don't have an ethernet cable connected then that message is normal. Since you apparently don't use it you can disable the connection in Network Connections to get rid of the nag.

It's impossible to guess what files might have been modified by the malware, the malware fighter, or the computer guy.

Does your wireless adapter appear under Network Adapter in Device Manager as OK? What, if any, warning or errors are there in Device Manager?

Assuming you are using an integrated wireless adapter is it switched on? Can you detect your network?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-precision-laptop-showing-message-local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged.915461/
Relevancy 104.06%

Why is my Workgroup (WHARFSIDENET) local network identified on my Win7Pro PC as an "Unidentified (Public) Network"? Is this a Windows 7 bug?

From the "Network and Sharing Center", clicking on the "Park Bench" opens to the "Network Properties". Here, by default the network name (Unidentified Network) is automatically selected, but cannot be changed. Also, the network Icon can't be changed.

This local ethernet network is used for File Sharing and Remote Desktop Connections and works just fine. We use static IP addresses for our local network with no DNS server.

A:How do I Rename an "Unidentified" Local Network

Press the windows key and the pause/break key. Then on the left click Advanced system settings. In the box that opens go to the Computer Name tab. Then try clicking the Change button to change your Workgroup name.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/202411-how-do-i-rename-unidentified-local-network.html
Relevancy 104.06%

I just reinstalled Windows XP Pro SP2 on my brother's computer. He's used to having one or two "network drives" that actually are just mapped to local folders on his computer. Since reinstalling the OS, he's not able to map a network drive to a local folder. Does anyone know how we can get shortcuts to individual folders to show up in My Computer as drive letters?

This really isn't as small of a thing as it sounds like. This functionality is very important for the work my brother does. He doesn't actually *require* it, but it will save him a lot of time.

Thanks for any ideas,

Matthew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/map-network-drive-to-local-folder.648485/
Relevancy 104.06%

After Irene, we kept power and cable, but our internet went down, or so we thought. When we plug the Ethernet cable from the modem into the computer, internet works fine (I can post this, after all), but when we plug the cable from the modem into our Dell TrueMobile 2300 router, our network appears as "Local Only." The phone cable thing is plugged from the wall into the modem, and the ethernet cable goes from the modem to the router, as it has been for years. Both have power. What do I do?

Relevancy 104.06%

Whilst in Microsoft Office Word 2007 I went to save some of my coursework which I had been working on for 10 hours.
I saved it in my normal folder of work but created a new folder as I was saving it, and saved it in there.
Since then there is no record of the folder or the 2 bits of coursework even existing.
I did an advanced search last night which included non-indexed/hidden/system files.
It came up but when I tried to open it it said it could be saved on a network or the file location has been changed.
It was under the name of 'Local/Temp...' something, but had '.zip' on the end.
I'm now doing another search(accidentilly closed the search ) to find it again, I will try unzipping it so hopefully that will work but I doubt it.

Any ideas as to what's gone wrong? I really need that coursework!

A:Coursework folder is "Local or on Network"

Quote:

Originally Posted by frannn93

Whilst in Microsoft Office Word 2007 I went to save some of my coursework which I had been working on for 10 hours.
I saved it in my normal folder of work but created a new folder as I was saving it, and saved it in there.
Since then there is no record of the folder or the 2 bits of coursework even existing.
I did an advanced search last night which included non-indexed/hidden/system files.
It came up but when I tried to open it it said it could be saved on a network or the file location has been changed.
It was under the name of 'Local/Temp...' something, but had '.zip' on the end.
I'm now doing another search(accidentilly closed the search ) to find it again, I will try unzipping it so hopefully that will work but I doubt it.

Any ideas as to what's gone wrong? I really need that coursework!

Never heard of that happening. Have you tried opening Word again and seeing if you can get back to the coursework using the "Recent Documents" list?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/coursework-folder-is-local-or-on-network-566158.html
Relevancy 104.06%

I recently bought a laptop and wireless router.
and the internet was working on it fine for a few days but recently stopped.
I am still able to access the internet from the desktop computer, which is connected to the router through ethernet.

I have tried all the options that i get from Vista Troubleshoot but it doesnt help any.

My laptop is connected to the network, but it is saying "Unidentified Network", and access is local only.

IPV4: local
if you want more info like the make and models of laptop/router/desktop just ask.
or screen-shots or information dumps.

ty.

Relevancy 104.06%

Running Windows XP Home Service Pack It seems that what I m trying to do should be simple Yet I ve literally been trying to do it for over a year I stumbled upon this forum so maybe you can make my dreams come true and actually give me a shared network angels singing Keep refusing Home Network computers Windows show Places" network to XP "My in mind I once Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers had a shared network and everything was fine Then one day it mysteriously stopped and hasn t run since even after hundreds literally of attempts to set it up again For the moment all I want to do is have my computer we ll call this computer quot Sony Laptop quot appear in its own quot My Network Places quot window - not concerned with Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers the other networked computer at the moment I have tried quot Set up a home or small office network quot and quot set up a wireless network for a home or small office quot dozens of times chosen every single combination possible completed them restarted but quot Sony Laptop quot still never appears in quot My Network Places quot I cannot for the life of me understand it If that s all the info you need please respond If you want more observations read below FRY S DESKTOP Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers is connected to BELKIN ROUTER via ethernet SONY LAPTOP is connected to BELKIN ROUTER via wireless -- ethernet ----- FRY S DESKTOP BELKIN ROUTER --wireless -------SONY LAPTOP I can receive wireless internet with the SONY LAPTOP through the BELKIN ROUTER I can ping FRY S DESKTOP from SONY LAPTOP I cannot ping SONY LAPTOP from FRY S DESKTOP I tried pinging SONY LAPTOP through both the wireless IP address and a connected ethernet cable Local Area Connection IP address connected through the BELKIN ROUTER Neither worked Some things I ve encountered When I explore the network gt My Network Places gt Entire Network gt Microsoft Windows Network I get a funny message quot Unable to Browse the Network - The Network is not present or not started - For more information click Help quot Of course in classic Windows style when I click quot Help quot the window hangs and never goes anywhere kind of ironic - don t you think It s called quot Windows quot and can t function within a window I was told by some others that I should check the quot Services quot and more specifically Workstation Server TCP IP Netbios helper Computer Browser Now of those four two of them had not been started Workstation and Computer Browser I tried starting these double click them and up will pop a window that allows you to start but each of them came up with an error message Here are those two error messages Computer Browser quot Could not start the Computer Browser service on Local computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot Workstation quot Could not start the Workstation Service on Local Computer Error The specified module could not be found quot If anybody knows anything about these errors and how to fix them let mek now So that s it That s my experience so far As you can see I m neck deep in it and nothing would make me happier than finally figuring it out after months Chris nbsp

A:Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers

You need to look at the dependency list for each service. In the case of Computer Browser, it's Workstation and Server.

Since Workstation is failing, that's probably the place to start.

Do you have WKSSVC.DLL in C:\Windows\system32? That's the workstation service, and it appears to be the missing module. I'd first try copying that from the installation disk, if it's missing, and then register it too by:

Start, Run, regsvr32 wkssvc.dll

If you can't find the DLL, you can run sfc /scannow to restore missing files.

A shortcut may be to download the file from DLL Dump and register it as described above.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-my-network-places-refusing-to-show-network-computers.536504/
Relevancy 103.63%

Hello I need help with configuring Microsoft Loopback Adapter on my Windows Professionl -bit laptop The Device Manager for the adapter says quot This device is working properly quot Relevant screenshots are as follows IPv Properties gt gt Advanced gt gt WINS I disabled Network "No Microsoft Adapter Settings Access" Configuration Loopback NetBIOS over TCP IP lt --------- Not sure if this was required There is no antivirus installed and the windows firewall is turned off Local Area Connection is set to be accessed first by Network Services I ve tried the following with no luck Uninstall and reinstall the loopback adapter Disable every other adapter and try to connect loopback adapter Change the IP address to something like When I try to install and configure loopback adapter on Windows Vista Home on the same machine on a separate partition at least I get quot Limited Connectivity quot I am Microsoft Loopback Adapter Configuration Settings "No Network Access" not experienced with loopback adapter so I don t even know how to verify whether I am doing things right or I am getting the results right I believe my settings are correct then why is it saying quot No Network Access quot Please help me out here Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-loopback-adapter-configuration-settings-no-network-access.998243/
Relevancy 103.63%

three days ago everything was fine i have a windows vista pc bit gateway dx x it has a wireless adapter the other pc in my house is a windows xp gateway that s plugged into my linksys router the modem also plugs into the router ive had it set up this was since june and havent had any problems three days ago i turned off my vista pc and it said quot installing updates quot which it does from time to time this has never created a problem before well the next day i could not get onto my network every time i tried to connect it said quot windows cannot find any networks quot i clicked diagnose the problem it returned with another variation on windows cannot find any networks in your area both my pcs are network months been that using adapter ive for suddenly wireless can't"find" desktops they have wireless adapter suddenly can't"find" network that ive been using for months not moved an inch the computer hooked to the router is still working and able to use the internet i unplugged the adapter plugged it back in rebooted nothing worked at that point i decided maybe my adapter was broken so i bought a new one i installed the software for it first then plugged in the adapter same problem - can t find any networks i called linksys their advice was to uninstall the driver and reinstall it i went back to the old adapter since i had ruled that out as the problem uninstalled the driver under device manager it went away put the driver cd back in went to install it said this is already installed do you want to continue i clicked yes followed the prompts i dont know why it said the thing was already installed after i uninstalled it anyway after i reinstalled the adapter same problem i gave up and left the computer alone for an hour or two when i came back the network was on and working fine i used the internet for an hour or two then stupidly turned the computer off it said quot installing windows updates quot again next day i cant quot find quot my network again this time i decided the windows updates were the problem so i unistalled all four from - then restarted everything THEN uninstalled reinstalled the driver adapter again no immediate response but after a few hours the network reset itself and was fine this time i just left my pc on so it wouldnt reinstall the updates but when i came home from work it said quot limited connectivity quot then when i went to connect to the network it went right back to quot can t find any networks quot ive tried everything system restore which will only let me restore within the last hrs that didnt fix the problem ive uninstalled and reinstalled the adapter driver more times than i can count im ready to tear my hair out if anyone has any advice id appreciate it thanks in advance nbsp

A:wireless adapter suddenly can't"find" network that ive been using for months

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-suddenly-cant-find-network-that-ive-been-using-for-months.809683/
Relevancy 103.63%

Hi I used to internet connect Win7 network adapter over to won't "secondary" connect to the internet with cable broadband service going from the cable modem to my Asus RT-N router and then by wire to my desktop computer This Asus network includes my NAS and wireless printer Then I cancelled my cable internet and returned the modem Now I am connecting to the internet through a cell-based wireless hot-spot So I added a USB wifi dongle to my desktop and can connect fine to the hot-spot and the system tray says there is internet on the wifi but the browser stills tries to connect through the wired network which has no internet access and goes to the error page of the Asus router There are no proxy settings in the browser or anything else I can see that would force this behavior In order to get internet through the hot-spot I have to disable the wired adapter Tried rebooting and looking around for something that might be forcing this but I am not so knowledgeable in this area Any help is appreciated Thanks

A:Win7 won't connect to internet over "secondary" network adapter

LOL, fixed it myself from an older post on this forum that showed up in a different search than the first one I tried. Solution was to set the interface metric in the advanced settings for the Internet Protocol properties for each adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/317276-win7-wont-connect-internet-over-secondary-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 103.63%

This resembles http forums techguy org networking -solved-can-no-longer-connect html but only my laptop can t access my home wifi - all others can I spent a leisurely weekend at an Atlanta LaQuinta and as I always do I tapped into their network with my laptop Toshiba Satellite XP The signal was weak so I found an unsecured wifi signal from an apartment complex next door which worked fine for a few hours then slowed as the signal weakened I don t know why So I grabbed an ethernet cable and did a direct connect I was half asleep and didn t really get what was going on when their portal management program said laptop status No adapter healthy" "Network wifi: not something about an incompatibility and gave me the choice to disable my wireless connection which I did Then for the next day and a half all functioned well Yesterday afternoon I checked out and powered my laptop down I arrived home powered back No laptop wifi: "Network adapter status not healthy" up and my laptop couldn t find the home wifi network My wife s laptop accesses the network fine The Wireless Network Connection says quot Disabled Firewalled quot and telling it to enable fails I ran the diagnostics and network adapter identification seems OK Then I get these messages info - Network connection status Disconnected info - Network adapter hardware problem This device is disabled warn - Network adapter status not healthy action - Automated repair Enable network connection action - Enabling the network adapter error - Failed while enabling the network adapter warn - The repair attempt failed and a bunch more Ad-Aware found no malware Avira Antivir found no infections but quot suspicious quot files Now what nbsp

Relevancy 103.63%

Hi all, so I have gotten the above message when trying to connect to my wireless, and it's saying I have limited access to the connection. I know it's not a router/modem issue as all other computers in the house are connecting without trouble. This all happened after I attempted to uninstall "Adaware" which I had installed to find and remove a nasty keylogger. Halfway through uninstalling I got a blue screen of death, and when I rebooted, I couldn't connected to the wireless. Anyone know of a potential solution?

A:"Problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter"

Nvm, system restored and it's working.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/231167-problem-driver-wireless-network-connection-adapter.html
Relevancy 103.63%

I've had my Dell Inspiron for a few months now but from the time I first booted it up I've been riddled with problems My latest one concerns the wireless connection After using the built in wireless card for a few minutes it will suddenly cut out and show as alternating between having full connection and only one bar every second or so Other devices at the same range have no problem when this occurs and it doesn't happen while wired A very temporary work around as in a few minutes is to diagnose the adapter within control panel So far I've gotten around this by using an external wireless adapter However that too has its fair share of problems Its status will suddenly show that I have no internet access again other devices at the same distance work perfectly fine Diagnosing it does nothing and disabling and reenabling of through the Network Adapters window in the control panel shows a window saying quot Enabling quot with the loading Built-in stuck adapter on network problems "Enabling..." and icon as the cursor and seems to freeze on that Any help for either or both of these problems is much appreciated Cheers

A:Built-in network adapter problems and stuck on "Enabling..."

Hi AJMac and welcome to Seven Forums. Have you tried uninstalling the driver for your wireless adapter and then reinstalling it? If you go to the Dell website you should be able to download the driver for your wireless adapter and give that a shot. Support for Home Users | Dell US

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/271387-built-network-adapter-problems-stuck-enabling.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Hi there, eyeryone.

I have been trying to get my internet working on my eMachines W3400 computer. It is currently running Windows XP Media Center 2002, but the problem is that, when I plug the ethernet cable into my modem, a balloon pops up saying that a network cable is disconnected.

I have tried upgrading the driver, restarting the computer, and the sort, but nothing comes up. When running ipconfig /all, all that comes up is the physical address, that the media is disconnected, and that the adapter is a Realtek RTL8139.

Any help?

A:Problems with Realtek RTL8139 Ethernet Adapter: "Network cable disconnected"

Probably a defective cable, defective NIC or maybe defective whatever is connected at the other end of the cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-realtek-rtl8139-ethernet-adapter-network-cable-disconnected.1010613/
Relevancy 103.63%

computer is intel, Msi
B75MA-E33,

all drivers are installed, and re installed.

I put in a new graphics card, and all of a sudden , it has stopped working.
I am using a wireless adapter and turned wireless on my modem to use the internet.

I prefer wired internet from the ethernet cable though - this has "broken"

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380391-wired-ethernet-cable-not-working-network-adapter-not-found-red-cross.html
Relevancy 103.2%

Hi there I am running Windows Vista on an HP dv us laptop It is about months old I connect to the internet via my dorm network at University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire with a standard cat ethernet cable The problem that I m having is that every time the computer boots up or wakes from sleep the internet is basically broken It will not connect to the internet and my status is quot local only quot I right click on my internet button in the notification area and click quot diagnose and repair quot and it comes up with this quot Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server quot It gives me three options quot A problem with your router or modem might be preventing connection quot quot Automatically get new IP settings quot quot Reset the network adapter quot Local area Connection quot quot The first two do DNS always Server/ network "reset with adapter" Problems nothing and the last one reset the network adapter fixes the problem every time I just can t understand why I have to reset my adapter every time I wake from sleep mode or restart my computer Help on this would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 103.2%

I bought this Network Adapter recently and have followed the instruction manual to the letter trying to install it but no ("Network DETECTED") TL-WDN4800 TP-LINK NOT is - Adapter matter what it won t let me install the drivers off the CD and it gives me this error message quot Wireless network adapter is not detected Please TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 - ("Network Adapter is NOT DETECTED") insert the right TP-LINK wireless network adapter and click Yes to continue the installation or click No to quit the installation process quot Even though it s in the correct and only PCI-E slot and secured in TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 - ("Network Adapter is NOT DETECTED") place with a screw my PC will not acknowledge its existence I went online on a separate PC and downloaded driver after driver after driver trying to get my PC to recognize that there was in fact a new part But nothing would work and I kept getting that same error message So I checked the Device Manager and sure enough the un-recognized device was there but this is what its Status said quot This device cannot start Code Operation Failed The requested operation was unsuccessful quot So I decided to troubleshoot the TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 - ("Network Adapter is NOT DETECTED") device and this is was the result word-for-word quot Problems found The TP-LINK Wireless PCI Express Adapter adapter is experiencing Not fixed driver- or hardware-related problems quot This is a new PC build with Windows and all I want is Internet access Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 - ("Network Adapter is NOT DETECTED")

This appears to be the driver. Found here.

If that will not install properly I suspect a defective adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tp-link-tl-wdn4800-network-adapter-is-not-detected.1142019/
Relevancy 103.2%

I seem to be the only one with this problem if there is another thread for this sorry couldn't find it but my problem occurred a few days ago i got Adapter "Encountered Driver Problem" Network my graphics card installed it found out my psu is weak for it un-installed it put my computer back together and my internet connection has a red quot x quot over it so i automatically troubleshoot it and the following message said quot must update network adapter quot i go in my network adapters there's - of them only will update the others give me the following error quot Windows has found the software for your driver but has encountered a problem installing driver software quot i reformatted Network Adapter Driver "Encountered Problem" my hard drive did about fresh clean installs of windows both bit and bit i system restored before i reformatted i did system repair i went on my old computer the one i'm using now and downloaded the LAN Driver from MSI Motherboard website and yet nothing seems to work i seen possible theories like remove the ram and start my computer then place it back in reset the cmos battery and put my graphics card back in any suggestions

A:Network Adapter Driver "Encountered Problem"

The preferred and recommended source for on-board device drivers is the PC/Laptop manufacturer's website if it's a well-known brand with good customer support. They often have motherboards or on-board devices custom made along with custom made drivers which only they have.

Consequently, drivers from the motherboard or network card manufacturer may not work.

Of course, that doesn't apply if you built the PC yourself, had it built for you, or you fitted a new motherboard. In those instances you do get drivers from the motherboard maker exactly as you have done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/138639-network-adapter-driver-encountered-problem.html
Relevancy 103.2%

Hello After functioning properly for a long time my wireless internet has stopped functioning I was watching youtube while installing the user software for a new Wireless connected" Connection is Network not "adapter wireless printer Canon Wireless Network Connection "adapter is not connected" imageCLASS MF Series from a CD I accidently hit the CD eject which interrupted the installation I pushed the CD back in and resumed installation which completed quickly and all the programs it installed worked fine After my Wireless Network Connection "adapter is not connected" youtube video finished I noticed that I was no longer connected to the network the bottom right indicator thing said quot Not connected No connections available quot When I try to make a network map from the control panel it says Wireless Network Connection "adapter is not connected" quot The adapter is not connected quot I can connect to the network with an ethernet cable into my modem and I can also connect to the internet with a wired hotspot from my phone via usb I am pretty sure my modem is setup properly because it has worked with this computer for a long time and is currently working with a similar laptop also HP also Windows Professional x I have looked around on the internet for fixes so I have tried disabling and enabling my quot Wireless Network Connection quot in the Control Panel Network and Internet Network Connections page without success I have also tried uninstalling the Network Adapter from the Device manager and then restarting my computer without success My network adapter drivers are also up to date according to windows Computer Info HP ProBook s Windows Professional x Qualcomm Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter Router Info NetGear N Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router WPA -PSK AES security SSID Broadcast Enabled

A:Wireless Network Connection "adapter is not connected"

It may help to reset the N900 Netgear router using the reset button on the side of the router. It's fairly typical for the wireless to go out while the wired connection will keep on working.

It sometimes requires a 30-30-30 reset to fix the router.
The 30-30-30 Hard Reset Rule for Routers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/289641-wireless-network-connection-adapter-not-connected.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hey guys! After I got rid of a trojan, wifi refused to work. It works in Ubuntu and android so it's not the card. Please tell me how i can fix this error /(-3-)/ thanks!

A:Windows Error: "cannot automatically detect your network proxy"

**EDIT** btw I have the Acer Aspire One D260

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/196535-windows-error-cannot-automatically-detect-your-network-proxy.html
Relevancy 102.77%

I am on my Laptop trying to connect to my iMac. It does show up under Network, but when I click it, I get this error. I typed in my Laptop username and password, but it rejects it.

What can I do?

Thank you.

A:"Enter Network Password" Windows Security error.

Go to your mac and setup your advanced sharing, set it to no password and share the folders you want to access.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/199101-enter-network-password-windows-security-error.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Two computers, on the same network wired. One the one computer I have a folder being shared, a folder that is on the desktop. I have it to share over the network, also that computer has password protected sharing OFF. On the other computer when I try to access that folder I get this error...

Network Error

Windows cannot access \\DESKTOP-XXXXXX\XXXX

You do not have permission to access \\DESKTOP-XXXXX\XXXX.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/69124-network-error-windows-cannot-access-folderpath.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Hello All Background info W k server domain logon script mapping the quot Y quot drive to a shared folder on the server workstation is XP Network Drive "My Solved: Documents" opening Pro SP I have a user just one on a computer again just one where when she logs in and double clicks on her quot Y quot drive it opens a new window with her My Documents folder This is NOT Solved: Network Drive opening "My Documents" where this drive is supposed to go If you right-click the first option is quot AutoPlay quot second is quot OOOO quot and third is quot XXXX quot When she logs on to a different computer her quot Y quot drive opens correctly When another user logs on to her computer Solved: Network Drive opening "My Documents" they quot Y quot drive maps and opens correctly She can manually navigate to the correct folder in the Address bar of Explorer I googled the topic and the few replies it returned said that there was an issue with the registry and to search AutoPlay and delete the keys with quot OOOO quot and quot XXXX quot as the entries but there are none Antivirus is up to date and a scan was run today I ve deleted the drive and re-mapped it no change I m out of ideas Please shoot any you ve got this way Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 102.34%

On my Amilo notebook I have installed Atheros network adapter for my speedtouch router. After startup Vista says cannot find network adapter and it is also not present in Device manager. After restart it finds it and everything is fine. Also have Realtek adapter installed which seems to be there all the time. Can I use that adapter or will it cause conflicts(how to?). Also if I put my computer to sleep it cuts off internet after 2 hours. I have checked router settings and they seem to be fine. There is only one setting I dont understand "lease time client" which is set to 1 day, I dont know if that makes a difference.

many thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/212130-vista-says-no-network-adapter-installed.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Is there a way to create a desktop icon to reset the wireless network adapter? Is there a way to do this thru the command prompt?

Thanks

A:Resetting "wireless network adapter"

The easiest way is to turn off the switch, assuming your laptop isn't a cheap model with no switch/

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/251581-resetting-wireless-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Hello Windows Seven Forums!

Just got this rather nice but expensive piece of plastic called a Laptop with Win7 installed and now trying to get my Belkin G+MIMO USB Adapter to work.

Part number for Adapter is F5D9050 version 3001 UK.

Sadly there is no updated driver from Belkin for Win7

I have tried using the Belkin program in both 'Programs' 64Bit and Non 64bit but without any success.

Although the laptop has a built in WiFi facility I find the signal strength is not that good, however with an external adapter the signal strength is much better as you can line up the adapter with the point at which the signal is being transmitted.

Can anybody help me in getting this Belkin to work please?

A:Belkin G+MIMO USB Network Adapter "Help!"

From what i can gather you are running Windows 7 64 bit. As you say there is no Windows 7 driver or even a Vista 64 bit driver.

The only hope I can see for that working is if it is compatible with the Windows generic WLAN driver but I doubt it will.

To be perfectly frank I don't think this piece of kit is compatible with Windows 7 64 bit.

If you are having connectivity problems I would recommend either getting a wireless repeater or using an internet-over-mains adapter like I am currently doing (NETGEAR 85 Mbps Wall-Plugged Ethernet Switch XE104: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo).

I would also recommend upgrading to an 'N' router, this would increase the range of your wireless network and the speed at which data can connect be sent through it. The adapter you're trying to use is not 'N' compatible but the one inside your laptop is.

Oli

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/75192-belkin-g-mimo-usb-network-adapter-help.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Hello Have just installed Windows and is using it for a few weeks After installing and uninstalling various programs i have found out that whenever i view Local Disk Properties of any hard disk C for example the default tab in view is NOT the General Tab Normally whenever u bring up the Local Disk Properties you get the General tab as default meaning u see them first of all after opening the particular window however for my case it is this in default "General" Not Properties: default tab Local Disk view. as showing view instead http img imageshack us img menucr png General tab has gone to this position http img imageshack us img menu s png I know that this is kinda petty and does not affect functionality operation in any way but i hope that there is a registry edit fix to make the General tab the default view again I will not be reformatting at all since the hassle Local Disk Properties: Not showing "General" tab as default view. of reinstalling Local Disk Properties: Not showing "General" tab as default view. Windows and data is too great for this issue nbsp Regards nbsp

A:Local Disk Properties: Not showing "General" tab as default view.

Hi Johnson111,

Check if the registry key exists:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\ShellEx\PropertySheetHandlers\{5F5295E0-429F-1069-A2E2-08002B30309D}

If the above key does not exist, please perform the steps below to add the key:

1.     Click the "Start" button, type "regedit" (without quotation marks) in the "Search" bar, right click on the "regedit.exe" found in the list and then click "Run as administrator".
2.     Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\ShellEx\PropertySheetHandlers

3.     Right click the PropertySheetHandlers entry on the left pane, choose "Export", select "Desktop" in the "Save in" box and type "backup" (without quotation marks) in "File Name". Click "Save".

Please Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named "backup.reg". We can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the "backup.reg" file.

4.     Highlight the above key, click Edit -> New -> Key, add this key:  {5F5295E0-429F-1069-A2E2-08002B30309D}
5.     Exit Registry Editor.

Please check if the issue can be resolved.

If the issue persists, please run System File Checker by the steps below:

1.     Insert the Windows 7 installation DVD into the DVD-ROM; Click Exit if the auto-menu pops up.
2.     Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow. 

3.     At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Linda

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b8be256e-980f-4083-b4ae-b4c4d5c54b50/local-disk-properties-not-showing-quotgeneralquot-tab-as-default-view?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 101.48%

my new laptop is less than a week old hp dv - ca and i've been trying to configure a home network with the workgroup WORKGROUP i need to share files between a XP Desktop and a Laptop that has Windows i mustve followed a lot of guides and tips by now Help sharing opening "Network" with or center even but i cannot get it to work on my laptop it recognizes the XP computer but fails to open it it says i have the naming wrong yet i know it is correct diagnose doesn't help and Pinging the ip address says request timed out times thne something about packet loss on the xp computer side it recognizes my laptop and can access files as for network settings it should be all correct Help with opening "Network" or even sharing center cause i Help with opening "Network" or even sharing center followed this guide that i found on a post by a microsoft worker i think i just cannot figure out what is wrong and the error is x my purpose for this is to access Desktop and the printer connected to it as well as the shared documents folder

A:Help with opening "Network" or even sharing center

please anyone

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/45979-help-opening-network-even-sharing-center.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Somehow I've managed to do something that prevents me from entering the Local Area Connection Properties window. When I do I get a message, "The controls on this property sheet are disabled because one or more other property sheets are already open. To use these controls, close all these sheets and reopen this one."
Who ever hear of property sheets? At this moment I can't access the internet due to (I think) an impoperly set component in the Local Area Connections window. Thanks, I think, to McAfee putting a Firewall component in there.

Puzzled and Frustrated.

A:"Property Sheets" in Local Area Connection Properties

When you right-click on an object, i.e. Local Network Connection, and select Properties, it opens the Propertiy Sheet for that object. You may be correct that the firewall has controll of the properties for the NIC and therefore the system won't open the properties again until the first instance is closed. Try opening your services from the Computer Management MMC and stop the McAfee services relating to the firewall. See if you can then see the properties of the network connection. If so, you have found the culprit. What to do about it as it will probably take control again when the services are restarted, I don't know as I don't use McAfee's firewall. If you can remove it, Agnitum has a free firewall that works very well. I have satelite connection and have not had an issue with either doing what I want or getting hacked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/property-sheets-in-local-area-connection-properties.96323/
Relevancy 101.05%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 101.05%

I am try to manually install BitDefenders Firewall Module which requires me to add a "Service". When I open Internet Connections Properties and click on Install - Service - I get an error msg "Could not add the requested component. The error is: The specific path does not contain any application device INF's." I tried it on my desktop computer also running XP Pro SP2 and it allows me to Browse to the appropriate program file. Any suggestions? Thanks

A:Can't Add "Service" in Local Area Connection Properties

did you ever sort this out without reinstalling windows ?

Mike

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrud

I am try to manually install BitDefenders Firewall Module which requires me to add a "Service". When I open Internet Connections Properties and click on Install - Service - I get an error msg "Could not add the requested component. The error is: The specific path does not contain any application device INF's." I tried it on my desktop computer also running XP Pro SP2 and it allows me to Browse to the appropriate program file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-add-service-in-local-area-connection-properties-203205.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hello all - I just purchased a Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R motherboard, which replaced my ASUS P5Q that died.

After I loaded all of the drivers (using Vista x64), the first thing I noticed was my LAN connection speed was signifcantly slower than on the ASUS. So I started poking around in the Realtek "advanced configuration" properties. I changed one item:

1) Flow control - from "enabled" to "disabled"

After making the change my speed jumped significantly. However, that brought me to the question of if I need to change any of the other settings? Are there settings to be made for ultimate LAN performance?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/178881-any-tweaks-local-area-connection-properties.html
Relevancy 100.19%

HI all,my onboard LAN ethernet adapter is no longer showing in Device Manager, it's just dissappeared all of a sudden, was there and working until a few days ago, no hardware changes made.
i've tried disabling and re-enabling in the BIOS.
im using windows 7 prof 64bit

anyone can help me??
troubleshooter said that "none of network adapter is instaled"
the light in adapter didnt blink yet when i plugged lan cable

A:my "network adapter" missing

I could be that your network card has died. it could be that you can turn it power off, remove the card and re-insert it.
If if is on the motherboard, your bios might have turned it off. go into bios and see if it shows up and is operational.

what kind of ethernet connection is it? card or on the motherboard.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/142556-my-network-adapter-missing.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Ok so have a Dell Inspiron laptop that is running on Windows XP and I am unable to connect to the internet This happened a little over a week ago suddenly and everything that I have tried has been unsuccessful I connect to the internet through an ethernet cable that plugs directly from the wall to my computer however I cannot get internet because my computer is telling me that a quot Network Cable is Unplugged quot when reads detecting cable, a network cable "network unplugged" error not Computer it clearly is still plugged in I have tried using different cables and in different rooms of my apartment and yet I still have the same problem My other roommates are not having any issues so this lead me to believe there is probably a problem with my computer My computer skills are on a basic general knowledge basis so I have no idea how to Computer not detecting a network cable, error reads "network cable unplugged" begin to attack this problem Strangely enough in my attempts to get on the internet I turned on my wireless connection which displays a full connection in the icon at the bottom of my screen at good or excellent quality yet when I open firefox or explorer the browsers I use I still have no internet I am not sure if this is an indicator of the same problem I am having or just a separate issues but I am in desperate need of help So please if you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them nbsp

A:Computer not detecting a network cable, error reads "network cable unplugged"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-detecting-a-network-cable-error-reads-network-cable-unplugged.843225/
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi,

I'v created a windows 7 64 bit virtual machine with 2 users:
1. root- administrator
2. user- the user is restricted with GPO rules.
the VM machine isn't a part of a domain sow the GPO is a local one.
I couldn't find the rule in GPO to enable right click " set as default printer".

Regards,

Michel vaillancourt

http://www.sevenforums.com/virtualization/380752-enable-right-click-set-default-printer-local-gpo.html
Relevancy 98.9%

OK guys, im kinda new to this forum, so... hello.
My computer has a not so serious problem-When I try to open Local Disk C by double clicking it says:
"
Windows cannot find install.exe.
This program is needed for opening filed of type 'File'.

Type in the executable file to be used instead:

This problem isnt very serious, I just dont want my computer to remain "corrupt" if you know what I mean.

Help my and I will be grateful!

A:Cant open C:/:"Install.exe is needed for opening type of "file""

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Have you scanned your system for viruses lately? What antivirus program is installed on your system?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-c-install-exe-is-needed-for-opening-type-of-file-90046.html
Relevancy 98.47%

recently, after using computer for a long time (about 5 hours), I get disconnect from network and when I click check for problem, it resolved by reset Local Area Connection (or adapter) and I got BSOD. Or when I disable then enable it again, I also got BSOD.

the error apeared in blue screen is Driver IRQL not less or equal and something about hssdrv6.sys

A:BSOD when disable / enable network adapter, error 0x000000D1

Please post a report following Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions .

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/282554-bsod-when-disable-enable-network-adapter-error-0x000000d1.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi there, as topic says my netcard is giving me a headache! Like every 10 minute it just "freezes" for about 10 sec and it's really annoying cause it dicsonnect alot of things that i do..
I'm using a integrated netcard (mother board is Elitegroup C51GM-M).
The CD with drivers that came with the motherboard doesn't support my OS (XP 64) and im not getting any help from neither Elitegroup or their forums

Relevancy 98.04%

The network card on my new Gigabyte motherboard cannot establish a network connection I know that the network and network cable work because they were plugged on "Limited network new or no motherboard card built-in connectivity" into a different computer directly before booting up my new system Plugged into either my Linksys WRT G router or directly to my cable modem no network connection can be made To trouble shoot this I tried to update the drivers by downloading it from the Gigabyte website and installing Still the network card could not make a network connection Without installing the drivers from the CD or from a download Windows does not recognize the built-in network card Next I tried updating the BIOS After updating the BIOS to the most recent version I uninstalled the "Limited or no connectivity" on new motherboard built-in network card network card and re-installed it but it still would not work Within the BIOS Gigabyte has a utility to test network "Limited or no connectivity" on new motherboard built-in network card connectivity When I use this LAN testing panel the cable connection checks out but it is unusual because it immediately recycles and tests it again with the message indicating the cable is less than m lasting barely long enough to read it Within Windows XP I even tried using static IP addresses and networks settings in case it was a DHCP problem but that did not make the connection work I also tried re-installing the OS and running on a bootable Ubuntu CD but neither of these attempts could establish a functional network connection The card itself does not come up with an error under the system device manager but even when it is directly connected to my cable modem which is online and works when connected to other computers I get the error that the network connection has quot limited or no connectivity quot What else can I do to troubleshoot this Is it possible that I got a motherboard with a bad built-in network card How could I test for this Thanks nbsp

A:"Limited or no connectivity" on new motherboard built-in network card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-or-no-connectivity-on-new-motherboard-built-in-network-card.597273/
Relevancy 98.04%

as you can see the properties button does not lit up and remains grey out although i click on IPV4, why is this happening? i was open it a few years ago

A:Unable to configure network properties

Have you done this? Change TCP/IP settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/282106-unable-configure-network-properties.html
Relevancy 97.61%

Hi there I went to check my email Thursday with my desktop and my internet had stopped working I got the quot Limited or no Connectivity quot message I called my ISP Friday and they said that everything was good on there end and it was a problem with my computer I plugged in my laptop and it connects fine At first I thought it was a spyware issue or virus and after hours of googling and virus scans I eventually just bit the bullet reformatted my hd and did a clean network re-format new card after no "Limited and connectivity" or even install of Windows XP Home w SP After everything was up and running again I STILL got the quot Limited or no connectivity quot message SO I went and got a new network card and installed it and still nothing Still get the Limited or no connectivity message I did the ipconfig release amp renew but I get the quot could not contact DHCP server quot Here is my ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name randys Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Linksys LNE TX Fast Ethernet Adapt Physical Address - c- - d-b - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway So my guess is I m screwed Maybe a bad motherboard or something Anyone have any idears Thanks in advance for any suggestions nbsp

A:"Limited or no connectivity" even after re-format and new network card

are you using a router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-or-no-connectivity-even-after-re-format-and-new-network-card.730269/