Windows Support Forum

Local Area Connection Issues

Q: Local Area Connection Issues

I'm plugged into my router (Linksys wrt54g v8) and my connection still says "Limited or no connectivity". I'm running win xp 64 bit sp2. I tried uninstalling my ethernet connection. I've tried winsock xp and it didn't work, I've tried cmd netsh winsock reset. I've tried to repair the connection and it says "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing your IP address" and I've also tried resetting the modem and router. Can anyone help me?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Local Area Connection Issues

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Local Area Connection Issues

Was your internet working previous to this problem? If it was, have you changed any settings? Theres a way you can set a static IP, and that would stop your IP from renewing. Also, are there any other computers working on the network?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-issues.134305/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have a HP Pavilion laptop that was able to connect via wifi, or ethernet, just fine until I recently upgraded it to Windows 10. The problem did not start right away, but could be associated with my security software (bitdefender). The laptop does recognize the router, but when I look into the settings I see that there is no connectivity in the IPv4 or IPv6.

Please let me know if additional info is needed to further diagnose this problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-connection-on-laptop.217570/
Relevancy 19.35%

I recently bought a Laptop with an unknown OS (I forget the name, but it wasn't windows) and had to format it, and afterwards got Windows 7 working on it. For some reason, I'm not getting any wifi, help please

A:Issues with WIFI on new PC

Also, if it makes a difference, I'm able to connect to the internet with a cord, just not getting wifi

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-with-wifi-on-new-pc.217367/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi guys Recently I ve been having trouble connecting to my mobile phones WiFi hotspot with my laptop I can connect to the hotspot with any other device such as the tablet I m using now and I can also connect to any other WiFi using my laptop The problem appears to exist purely between my laptop and my phone When issues hotspot Mobile attempting to connect it will begin authenticating and then disconnect offering me the troubleshooter Sometimes there is a small volume of packet transfer but not often I have tried disabling and reenabling all of my network adaptors to no avail and I m somewhat at a loss of what to do Mobile hotspot issues next The phone in question is a Motorola razr I if that helps but I have to point out that it worked flawlessly Mobile hotspot issues until recently I suspect the culprit may Mobile hotspot issues be hamachi as it had very recently been installed onto my computer at the time and it appears to be a known trouble maker But I still don t understand why no other problems have arisen Hamachi has been uninstalled but the problem persists Any suggestions or ideas that could help would be greatly appreciated Thanks for your time guys Mencil nbsp

A:Mobile hotspot issues

What OS is on the Laptop and which Firewall are you using?

The problem appears to exist purely between my laptop and my phone. When attempting to connect it will begin authenticating and then disconnect, offering me the troubleshooter.Click to expand...

huh? Connecting how: Bluetooth, Infra Red? The WiFi adaptors of both the phone and the laptop are never going to connect, unless you're attempting peer-to-peer which has limited utility.

If you're connecting via a router, then the PC is not the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobile-hotspot-issues.194092/
Relevancy 18.49%

AMD has released an updated statement regarding the noise issues experienced by the initial buyers of its Radeon R9 Fury X graphics cards.

Read more

A:AMD issues updated statement regarding Radeon R9 Fury X noise problems

Are they saying "screams like a banshee until we smothered it in glue"? Does anyone have a more engineered approach to the issue - like decibels at a specific distance?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-issues-updated-statement-regarding-radeon-r9-fury-x-noise-problems.216306/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi I would appreciate if someone could help me please The problem I have has been going on since about the time I formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows Had issues with BSOD on install because of my graphics card seem to have been slighty dislogded See http www techspot com vb topic html Okey the problem is my mouse keeps freezing up after a while and after moving it or clicking a couple times it works again When this happens I get either a beep or the usb disconnect connect sound depending on which mouse is being used Current using Windows mouse issues freezing 7 Bluetooth Apple Magic Mouse connecting to a generic Windows 7 mouse freezing issues bluetooth dongle this makes a beep when Windows 7 mouse freezing issues it freezes The USB Wireless Logitech Dongle Logitech Mouse I had before this made disconnect connect sound The USB Wired Mouse before the Logitech also made disconnect connect sound I have tried to work around this using several methods but have had no luck Steps taken to try and rectify issue Changed mouse I am on my th mouse now I will not change for another again the mouse is not the problem Tried all the mouses on other computers where they all worked fine I have switched ports on numerous occasions all other device work with no problem keyboard touch screen monitor external hard drive s usb flash I have removed conflicting hardware and ensured only on mouse is plugged in also removed touchscreen cable from monitor I have gone to Device Manager and set USB Root Hub and Power Management tab and unchecked quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot on all devices I have removed drivers for all other mouse s used previously I have disabled C E as this uses some power saving methods I have check Event Viewer which only has networking errors which all forward to my network drive I have run System File Checker SFC sfc scannow I need to know whether Windows is the issue or whether its the usb ports Can anyone please help me as it is now really bothering me I can t even play Battlefield games Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 mouse freezing issues

This is a problem I have not seen before. Try using this guide to find any other mouse drivers that you may not have deleted.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-old-drivers-after-upgrading-to-new-hardware/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-mouse-freezing-issues.164226/
Relevancy 18.92%

For about the past month or so, my W7 tower on DSL occasionally loses its connection to the internet so I right click the the icon in the notification area & click trouble shoot & it reconnects yet my iPhone & Ipad remain online no problem.
Why?

A:Intermittent DSL connection problems

Clearly the router is doing find and the activity on W7 IS THE ISSUE.
Examine carefully what was active when the connection was lost.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intermittent-dsl-connection-problems.207951/
Relevancy 16.77%

I have been having this issue for about 2 weeks now. Ive literally tried everything including uninstalling/reinstalling network card, restore points (there are none), a windows update download, and reformatting the hard drive (wont let me). Any help is appreciated. I cant afford a new pc or any new hardware at this time.

A:"Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection. Cannot proceed."

failed to query tcp/ip settings of the connectionClick to expand...

what did you do when this occurred?

Describe network equipment {modem, router} ISP, and your system.

Connect it all together, get a command prompt, enter ipconfig /all >myTcp.txt
and come back here and paste the contents of myTcp.txt as your reply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-query-tcp-ip-settings-of-the-connection-cannot-proceed.177223/
Relevancy 18.92%

It's been a long time since I last posted on this forum but this has been stumping me as of late.

I have a Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer liquid cooling loop for a while and lately they have been acting up. I noticed that my temperatures on idle could sometimes go up as high as 80 celcius, which is absolutely not right.

This happened after I serviced my machine, and I think I bumped the liquid cooling around in the process of it. I noticed however, if I keep knocking my radiator on the side, the reported temperatures get cooler, and I notice that I can feel the hot air being dissipated from the fins (previously cool). The thing though is that after leaving it for a while again, the fins don't seem to dissipate anything, and the cpu temps start rising again.

I have a feeling that there are air bubbles getting stuck in the loop somewhere, but I have no idea how to get them out or at least out of the way in a closed loop.

Anyone have any suggestions/ideas?

A:Water Cooling Loop issues

Remove the cooling pad from the CPU. Make sure that the top of the CPU is clean. Apply new heatsink compound if it is used and re-assemble

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/water-cooling-loop-issues.210641/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi all So I got G today from an online webstore today I ve been using a super old button logitech back-up mouse since my G died I ll describe my procces thus far Plugged in G when computer was on No sign of life windows tries to install a driver fails Device manager lists the G under Other devices with a yellow triange telling me no driver is installed Then went to logitech com to download the drivers and support software LGS LGS being the Logitech Gaming Software utillity that is the only downloadable support from logitech com fails to recognize my mouse just the G keyboard I Logitech issues G502 connection/recognition mouse have Tried the troubleshooting option of rebooting and re-installing the LGS no dice However the G does light up during booting up Booted the computer with the backup mouse unplugged and the G plugged in It works cursor movement left right click no advanced buttons for - mins before going back Logitech G502 mouse connection/recognition issues to the Device fail to install and the Device Manager placing it under other devices etc Plugged my backup back in tried manually updating drivers in the Device manager selecting it as a Mice and other pointing devices type of device and choosing the drivers from LGS drivers LGSHidFilter tried all subfolders of drivers but this one was the only one that held any inf files the Device Logitech G502 mouse connection/recognition issues manager recognised as a good drivers Selected the g driver No G driver was listed only a G s It tried to install but gave the error Device could not start code After reading threads in the logitech forum tried the FWUpdate a firmware update for the g option but installer tells me to connect my mouse before proceeding Even though my mouse IS plugged in Plugging it in and out doesnt help As for now im at my wits end I even tried borrowing someones g mouse and encoutered much the same issues All I can think of is to race from booting up with just the G plugged in to either the FWUpdate or the manual install from the device manager and see if the install goes through when it still works Seems rather unlikely and a silly way to go about things I hope anyone with similar issues can help me out any advice is super appreciated P S oh using Win ultimate bit nbsp

A:Logitech G502 mouse connection/recognition issues

I just fixed this exact problem on my Win7 Media Center x64. It's a bit convoluted, but the core of the issue is Windows not recognizing the device type properly. What you have to do is open up Device Manager and assign the drivers for Windows. This should fix the mouse.

Head into Device Manager and click View up top. Choose Devices by Connection. You'll see why in a second.
Expand the top entry until you find a PCI Bus. Expand that, then expand all the USB Host Controllers. One of them should have an entry for G502 Gaming Mouse under it.
Right click it and select Update Driver Software, then Browse My Computer for Driver Software. Now click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer."
Go down to USB Devices and install it as a USB Composite Device. The mouse should light up. Nice! It still doesn't work, though.
Now there'll be two more entries underneath the USB Composite Device, both of which should be G502 Gaming Mouse. Right click one and go back to the list of device drivers. This time go to Human Interface Devices and select USB Input Device for each of them. A bunch of new devices should populate beneath each USB Input Device, one of which should be HID-Compliant Mouse. Your mouse should now work!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-g502-mouse-connection-recognition-issues.205348/
Relevancy 18.49%

Okay so I've read the other threads and figure that...well...I figured nothing.

Audio sounds great. It's from my gigabyte motherboard, not from an expansion card. I have a jumper cable running from my mobo to my video card for the audio signal. When there is no audio playing on my computer, there is a sort of static buzz that has what seems like a specific rate to it... "blip blip____blip blip___blip blip"..... sort of like that

All inputs/recording settings have been disabled.

The only fix I have is to basically open an app (winamp) and have it play audio at 0% volume. It's kind of stupid and would prefer to not have to do this. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Buzzing when no sounds play over HDMI connection

I have a jumper cable running from my mobo to my video card for the audio signal.Click to expand...

That's the norm for HDMI. HUMMMMMM or other noise when no sound is being produced intentionally is usually a grounding or cable shielding problem.

To be honest, my laptop HDMI is iffy; by that I mean, a connection to the HDTV at home and at one auditorium is just fine, but at another location, I get hum all the time both with and without sound originating from the laptop - - using the same hdmi cable.

The laptop has a plastic case and of course can not be shielded and therefore subject to 'environmental' interference'

In normal audio circuits, a/c hum indicates poor or no shielding (ie grounding) OR
the leads on the audio cable are reverse - - the ground on the cable is wired (by mistake) to the audio hot lead (ie the input).

On your PC, make sure you have a grounded A/C power cord and the wall plate has an active ground connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buzzing-when-no-sounds-play-over-hdmi-connection.209553/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have an installation folder on my main machine(Windows 7) with all my software. I have repeatedly run into issues connecting odd devices to my shared folder. This time I have installed Windows 10 Technical Preview (on a different machine) and don't understand why it tells me I can't access my own machine. After all these years, you would think user friendly would be a reality. It seems to be a coin toss as to which machines will connect. I hate never knowing I can access my own machine without issue. Here I am trying to install applications but yet I can't get to my storage location.

What is the secret to sharing your machine, so that anyone on the same network can access shared folders?

Edit: I always turn on "Network Discovery" and "File and Print Sharing".

A:Network connection issues (year after year)

I'm more brutal via the firewall:

set trust localhost and your lan ip's, eg 192.168.0.1/24

then add two rules for only the PRIVATE PROFILE

inbound allow tcp/udp from 192.168.0.1/24 to any for ports 137-139,445
outbound allow tcp/udp from any to 192.168.0.1/24 for ports 137-139,445
I use a much more complicate scheme in reality to enforce known vs unknown devices and to segregate WiFI from wired access, but that's just me.

In services, ensure these are running

Bonjour Service ( mDNSResponder)
fdPHost
Network Connections
Network List Service
Network Location Awareness

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-issues-year-after-year.208880/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello guys I have not been here in awhile but I hope there s someone out there PS4 Firewalled Xbox One issues NAT Double - and (Modem/Router) that can help shed some light on the issue I am having Hopefully someone can suggest a fix and it ll all work or at least point me in the right direction Xbox One and PS4 NAT issues - Double Firewalled (Modem/Router) and possibly explain anything I may be overlooking or misunderstanding I have a basic understanding of networking so I can work my way around my routers and modem etc To start a small introductory of my issue as you can see from the title I have an issue getting Open NAT for my PS and Xbox One I have firewalls to go through my network setup is as follows Modem gt Router Router Router Bridged gt Device However I have other Routers in the house that are bridged to extend strengthen signal in different parts of the house I have opened the suggested ports for Xbox One on both my Modem ZyXel P- R-F and my Router TL-WR ND I have not configured any special settings on the bridged routers the PS connects by wire Xbox one by wireless same floor as the main Router I have followed guides on setting both of them up First on Portforward com then found a video for my ZyXel modem and it suggested to disable the Active Firewall and Bypass Triangle Route Also to change the NAT SUA Only changed to it was Lastly it suggested to turn off the Enable SIP ALG setting For my router some suggested to just let UPnP do it s job and disable the Port Forwards Virtual Servers it s called in the settings I have tried with just UPnP and with Port Fowards neither make a difference I even disabled the Port Fowards on the Modem and had UPnP on both but to no avail To clarify something if I use Port Fowarding should I have UPnP off OR will they work in together I have done restarts on all devices router modem Xbox One when any changes have been made On my XBO I have turned it to quot Energy Saving quot mode as I have read in several places that it can effect UPnP negatively if it is in quot Instant On quot mode I have tried to set the Reserved Address in my Router for my XBO as another site video said that having a Static IP set on the XBO can cause problems I have tried the static IP set through the XBO and through the router neither makes a difference On my Router I have several firewall settings that are not mentioned by any guides as to if they should be altered the settings allow me to Disable or Enable All currently enabled Firewall SPI Firewall VPN PPTP Passthrough L TP Passthrough IPSec Passthrough ALG FTP ALG TFTP ALG H ALG RTSP ALG I also tried to set up Port Triggering to see if that would help and set the protocol to ALL for all of them originally set them up to the proper TCP UDP but it wasn t working so I changed it to ALL But that did not work either I am not sure if I am missing any other information feel free to ask for anything I am missing My LAN address for my Modem and Router are different eg Modem and for my Router Will this effect how NAT works or cause my issues Thank you P S I know I have not added any troubleshooting for the PS I do not own it and I want to get one device working before I start fiddling with the next nbsp

A:Xbox One and PS4 NAT issues - Double Firewalled (Modem/Router)

Is there no one out there who's network expertise could help me? Hoping this one bump will get this some attention as I have tried everything possible I can with my setup that I can think of, need some fresh ideas.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xbox-one-and-ps4-nat-issues-double-firewalled-modem-router.208494/
Relevancy 16.77%

As you've probably heard by now, Nvidia is having a few issues with their GeForce GTX 970 graphics card. In response, AMD has lowered the price of the card's main competitor, the Radeon R9 290X, in an attempt to get...

Read more

A:AMD cuts Radeon R9 290X price amid GTX 970 "issues"

Meaning AMD could have been selling the card cheaper this whole time.

AMD needs to stand more firmly in their business decisions. Changing prices on a whim every time the wind blows, shows lack of confidence in their product to sell itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-cuts-radeon-r9-290x-price-amid-gtx-970-issues.208450/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey!
I have an Acer that spontaneously decided I no longer needed to play games. Everything else works perfectly fine. It's been doing this for the past few weeks and I've done all that I can. I'm no tech wizard by any means and I need some help. Pretty much it'll open to the load screen for a few moments then disappear back to my home screen. Any ideas on what it could be and what I can do?

These are the specs:
Acer Aspire V5 Touch with Windows 8.1
Aspire V5-V561PG-9683
Model number: Z5WV2

If you need more info let me know, I still have everything for it.

A:Acer Aspire issues; Games no longer work

If you are talking about the games that are loaded by a app. You will need to uninstall the app. Then reinstall the app. I have no ideal why this happens . But I have seen it more then once.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-issues-games-no-longer-work.208471/
Relevancy 18.49%

So I recently picked up this monitor for some sweet 144hz gaming. Used it for a while at 144hz and it worked perfectly. Recently hooked up a second monitor and noticed a drop in frames. Went to check my advanced resolution settings and for some reason my monitor had defaulted to 60hz. When I tried to bump it back to 144hz I get this weird flickering/artifacting going on but it works great at 120 hz. I am using the dvi cable that came with the monitor and I'm running a gtx970 overclocked to 1430hz gpu and 7600 hz memory. I get this effect when I default my gpu to it's factory oc settings so I'm not sure what's going on here. Is it my gpu or do I need a new dvi?

Cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/144hz-refresh-rate-issues-asus-vg278he.208035/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have dsl high speed internet and I called them because it kept cutting out and they said it was our router because it was 5 years old so I got a new netgear r6100 dual band router (120 $) , our modem is about 2 months old the phone line coming into the house is new (new house) but the line going to the box on the road is old could that be the problem? when we first got the internet it was awesome then they upgraded the speed coming through the line and it slowly got more and more less stable now its cuts out all the time?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dsl-connection-cuts-out-every-10-minutes.207847/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hey guys my device is hp compaq 6200 pro microtower pc
serial no. : SGH125P585
n product no. : XL504AV

I have inbuilt intel hd graphics n no installed a external one n plannin to upgrade gpu
I have 320 watts of psu n plannin to upgrade to 550 watts

I have a pci x16(2.0) pci slot
but dont know whether it is low profile or full height ???

my pci bracket is 4.2" long so it must be a full height na!!!!!!
I wana know how much long graphics card my device can support!!!!

I wanna use a mid -range
msi nvidia gtx 750 2 gb oc ddr5

http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N750-2GD5OC.html#hero-specification

or
leadtek gtx 750 2 gb oc ddr5
http://www.leadtek.com/eng/product/1/697/intro.aspx
will
both d graphics card support my device?????

A:Graphics card issues

rockyrulz said:

I have 320 watts of psu n plannin to upgrade to 550 watts

I have a pci x16(2.0) pci slot
but dont know whether it is low profile or full height ???

my pci bracket is 4.2" long so it must be a full height na!!!!!!
I wana know how much long graphics card my device can support!!!!Click to expand...

I'd say yes you have a full height card. The half-height is only about 2 inches. If you upgrade your PSU to 550 like you said you would, I see no reasons why you couldn't run a 750. The 750's are not long cards and should fit in your case with ease.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issues.207671/
Relevancy 18.92%

So this thread is probably going to have a lot of information on it Timeouts Other Network Issues & but please don Timeouts & Other Network Issues t be discouraged I really really need help with some issues I ve been having and if someone could solve this for me that would be amazing So I ve been experiencing timeouts It seems I get timeouts whenever using Timeouts & Other Network Issues some sort of wired connection If I used an ethernet cable connected to my router I would get timeouts in several applications such as Minecraft and Teamspeak If I used Wireless I was fine So after lots of troubleshooting I couldn t find a fix so I ve been using Wireless ever since Lately however my wireless has been unusually slow not for everyone in the house just for me So what I did to solve the issue is I setup a D-Link DIR in my room to act as a Wireless Access Point I now get slightly faster speeds and bar connection rather than the bars I was getting previously Now I thought I wouldn t get these stupid timeout errors when connecting to this Wireless Timeouts & Other Network Issues Access Point turns out I still do On Teamspeak for example I will be talking to people and everything will be completely normal I won t lag or anything and then BOOM I get disconnected As I said no lag no warning I just get disconnected It s almost as though my router is randomly cutting me off So what I thought I d do was replace my primary router BoB Lite with the D-Link DIR and then use Wired connection because I assumed that the BoB Lite was causing the timeout issues Now I can t even connect to anything wired I must have changed a setting when troubleshooting or something But now I can t source internet from my laptop ICS and I can t connect to my original or new router wired The only way I can currently get internet is by using the DIR in my room but I still get timeouts when using applications such as Minecraft and Teamspeak So yeah multiple issues Firstly if I could just solve the timeouts then that would solve everything I could continue connecting to the modem in my room and everything would be fine OR is there a way I could someone reset all my network settings that I may have messed up when troubleshooting As I can no longer connect to any modem with a wired connection not even the DIR which could have solved the problem If anyone could help me out that would be GREATLY appreciated This is a really annoying issue and I ve tried to troubleshoot it myself for ages now but with no luck IF anything in this thread doesn t make sense to you please tell me and I ll gladly explain myself Additional Summarised Information My primary router is a BoB Lite my ISP is iiNet The modem in my room is a D-Link DIR I m using a NetComm N USB Adapter to connect to Wi-Fi I m using Windows Ultimate -bit Thanks very much Innug nbsp

A:Timeouts & Other Network Issues

Get a command prompt
enter PING 8.8.8.8

does that timeout or return timing values?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/timeouts-other-network-issues.207544/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello everybody, I'm having a problem with my wifi-connection, it is limited, can someone please help me
I'm using windows 8.1 Pro and here is the problem:

note that this only happens with that wifi network and only with my Laptop, my Laptop can connect with the other wifi networks and the other wifi networks can connect with that "Fiber Pagoda" networks
Here is the ipconfig/all says:

I've tried all the ways that I found the internet:
- reset modem
- set static ip
- uncheck ipv6 protocol
- reinstall windows
- renew ip:
When I renew ip, it said:

-reinstall my wifi-driver:
Here is my driver:

-update windows
but none of it can fix the problem
please, please, please help me !!!

A:Wi-Fi connection

Try changing the Wifi security setting in the modem. You should be able to access the setting by typing http://192.168.1.1 in your browser address bar. I had an HP laptop that was very particular about the security type. I believe it wouldn't access using WEP but would using WPA2.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-connection.207660/
Relevancy 18.92%

I am confused and have no idea where to start... I apologise in advance for the wall of text.

Recently I have been experiencing odd issues with my WiFi router ( at least I think its the router) ZyXel Keenetic Giga II. The most annoying of which is the periodic inability to load random webpages. For example, I might be able to load google but not any of the search results while at the same time being able to browse reddit on my phone or tablet. The pattern changed constantly and it doesn't seem to affect any particular web pages. Like I said - random. This happens once or twice a week and seems to be increasing in frequency. I have tried rebooting the router. Rolling back to factory settings, changing DNS. With no result. It only resolves itself when it "feels" like it and usually lasts from 5 min to several hours. It is also worth mentioning that I hardly ever use my laptop and most of the browsing and streaming is done using various mobile devices.

Any help in defeating my router would be greatly appreciated.

A:Strange issues with WiFi router

Describe "The most annoying of which is the periodic inability to load random webpages" in detail please - -

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-issues-with-wifi-router.207497/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello So long story short I have had networking issues across the board on my home built desktop for over a year and a half now Basically my Odd Performance -- Fluctuating Issues Wi-Fi internet success fluctuates throughout the day and some programs Especially Origin absolutely fail to reach a fraction of my internet speed Doing speed tests on Odd Wi-Fi Issues -- Fluctuating Performance devices throughout my home network I am receiving a mean download speed of down While my desktop can barely manage to reach down My network adapter works fine I m typing this from my desktop as we speak and I have replaced it a few times I have been looking into this for months so ANY help would be perfect to hear and I can look up any troubleshooting information that could help I ve tried Odd Wi-Fi Issues -- Fluctuating Performance the old common misconception that a faulty DNS server is to blame didn t work as my current ISP Time Warner s DNS server is the best connectivity for my area I ve updated all drivers many times gone through windows settings and tried to tweak with tons of settings and adjust network consumption settings in gpedit So I m wondering what the deal is Like I said it can t be my router or ISP because my other devices work fine and work x as fine I ve tried disabling my firewall as well nothing Could my PC think my network is public and not private and be blocking a lot of traffic Do I need to allow ports for servers to be able to connect with my home network Could there possibly be a setting somewhere in Windows that is doing this to me That is not allowing my internet to go through I would really appreciate help guys I ve looked all over the internet and found lots of other people with the same issues but no one knows what the solution could be Thanks Again for ANY suggestions you can provide nbsp

A:Odd Wi-Fi Issues -- Fluctuating Performance

What are you using for WiFi Router. Are you using rental equipment from TW? Are you using all-in-one device to manage, CATV, Digital Phone, WiFi, Cable/Router/Modem. Do you have anything like that. If so has the ISP sent a hit or firmware patch to this device.

PC with the issue how the desktop connected? Via Ethernet Cable or WiFi.

So you pay for 22 mbps down but seeing only 2 mbps down on your desktop . Have you replaced the anything lately? Have you upgraded that Windows 8 PC to Windows 8.1?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-wi-fi-issues-fluctuating-performance.207517/
Relevancy 18.49%

My laptop doesnot load when it is in hibernate or sleep. if I want to load it,I must have refresh mycomputer many times as soon as it boot up!

A:Asus N53SM wake up from sleep issues

This may be caused by a faulty video driver. Check to see if there is a update for the video driver and make sure you have applied all the Windows Updates

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-n53sm-wake-up-from-sleep-issues.207218/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi there guys

I suddenly can't connect to wifi, but the problem is solved when I use the cable, and connect my laptop directly to modem. surprisingly I checked and it seems I can connect with my tablet to wifi spot! I used recovery and system restore point, but it didn't help.

I really appreciate your help.

oh and yes in wireless mode, I can see different wifis, but when I click to connect, it tries "connecting" but fails as well.

A:Investigate router, access point issues

Do you use MS Update in Autoupdate? looking to see if you are 'current'.

get make/model of your WiFI device (see device mgr),
find the version of the existing driver, then
see if you can find a newer version; install it if found.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/investigate-router-access-point-issues.207216/
Relevancy 19.35%

I had previously posted this on the Virus and Malware Removal forums but after thoroughly running scans etc the problem remained therefore I was advised to post this here I m using Win Been having problems every now and then but have been able to figure them out This one is not getting resolved easily however I am Connectivity Issues having a problem accessing the internet outside of the browser that I utilize Internet works fine in Waterfox and Chrome but not Connectivity Issues in IE Plus the programs installed on my computer don t seem to be able to access the internet either I e I cannot update Malwarebytes Dropbox can t seem to connect uTorrent doesn Connectivity Issues t seem to be able to get through Connectivity Issues either When I run the Windows Network Diagnostics I m getting an error quot Windows could not automatically detect this network s proxy settings quot I have tried all possible solutions mentioned on the Microsoft forums which seem to have worked for others but nothing has worked yet The only thing I seem to have discovered is that if I run safe mode with networking the problem isn t there I was able to update Malwarebytes with no issues I am connected via WiFi previously I had no issues they just popped up a couple of days ago I have tried the netsh commands often mentioned in relation to this automatically detect proxy settings in Internet Options is most certainly enabled and has always been System File Checker has not had any success Sorry for the long post So what should I do I am considering refreshing Win even though updating Office etc again will take a massive chunk out of my limited bandwidth so I would rather use that as a last resort I ve run scans with Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and come up with zilch Suggestions It s definitely not a Virus and or Malware Does anyone know any potential solutions Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Connectivity Issues

Could you please provide computer information? Make and model of computer (or) if its custom built, please provide list of parts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connectivity-issues.207050/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi,

I am playing around with Server 2012. If I want to have a laptop configured for "at office use" with option to go on site, what would be the best way to do that in order to retain access to shared locations on server that is "at office"?

Should I create a standard windows account unrelated to my domain controller, and have them VPN regardless if they are in office or on site? Or is there a way to have a laptop configured for domain use, where it will still be functional (local computer use) on site outside of the office, even without internet connection (I know you can's VPN without it).

Thanks

A:Best way to set up local and remote user with Server 2012

Well this is kind of interesting. You can in fact use a domain laptop away from the local network as long as you have logged into int once on the domain so it can cache your password for future log ins. Now comes to the more difficult part of your question's. Accessing files remotely while not online, you can set up what is called offline files. Offline files will give you acess to your files away from domain network. So if you choose to do offline files any changes made to the file while away from the domain controller where you shares are set up will have to be synced once back on the domain network. So if you make changes to lets say docA while off domain network, once you get back to domain network you will have to sync offline files to the server to update any changes you have made. This set up would not require offsite network but can bring problems when syncing once you reconnect on domain. But now lets say you have the same shares and now you have multiple individials with the same access to the shares. Say you make changes to docA and the other person makes changes to docA while offiste. Once you both reconnect and sync to server you could have issues with data such as duplicate information or doc merging. VPN would be the best option for sure....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-set-up-local-and-remote-user-with-server-2012.206403/
Relevancy 25.37%

Printer Problems in Windows XP sp3
Dell Personal Printer all in one A940
After trying to speed up an older computer running Windows XP
I may have cut off the Print Spooler (or it was already off ?)
I went back to Services dialog box & selected Print Spooler
I clicked the "Start" link at left of service list & got a message tgat said
"could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start."
Printer is still not working can anyone help?

A:Could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068

On Win/7 the dependencies are

HTTP

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
DCOM Server Process Launcher
RPC Endpoint Mapper
Manually start each on and set to AUTOSTART as you go.
If one fails, then that is the root problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-start-print-spooler-service-on-local-computer-error-1068.206839/
Relevancy 18.06%

I m trying to configure Surround Sound but Realtek doesn t seem to be installing and it s configuring speakers driver 5.1 Realtek Trouble Sound; issues Surround to driving me nuts I have installed the driver provided by Gigabyte for my motherboard Trouble configuring speakers to 5.1 Surround Sound; Realtek driver issues and it s not doing anything It installs asks me to restart the PC but nothing is Trouble configuring speakers to 5.1 Surround Sound; Realtek driver issues there OS is Windows -bit Gigabyte says that my motherboard supports both and Surround Sound so I don t understand why I can t configure my speakers to run it only lets me use Stereo Device manager only shows High Definition Audio Device and Control Panel doesn t show Realtek at all Realtek Audio Manager doesn t appear either it s not in the system tray icons where I would usually find it Even searching for Realtek brings up nothing other than all the drivers I have downloaded to see if they would work Link to motherboard s Realtek driver as provided by Gigabyte http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid dl Link to motherboard s specification http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid sp Image showing my device manager gt sound http gyazo com ad b bd e ae a Any ideas as to what the problem is I can t seem to find anything audio related in BIOS either nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-configuring-speakers-to-5-1-surround-sound-realtek-driver-issues.206888/
Relevancy 18.92%

My Gateway NV52 keyboard randomly stops typing o, p, l, ., and (.
All f a sudden it starts working as normal. Again while I am typing, the above mentioned letters stop working.

I checked for dirt stuck under the keys but nothing was there

the weirdest thing is, I tried a USB flexible keyboard instead and that was working properly for a while and that o, l, and . stopped working on that one as well.

I am confused why it's happening., and sick of filling the blanks of o, p. l with "on-screen keyboard". Please help me to figure this out.

Thanks guys, appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-nv-keyboard-issues.206519/
Relevancy 19.35%

I recently picked up some more ram. I switched out all my old ram 16gb ( 4x4gb sticks) and replaced it with 32gb (4x8gb sticks) my comp is now telling me I have 32gb but only 16gb is usable. I went into bios to see if I can change anything, but I can't change any ram settings whatsoever. I also noticed it's telling me I'm at 1333mhz when my new ram is 1866mhz. I'd like to have all 32gb usable and at 1866mhz speed. Any help would be appreciated. My mobo is asus p8h77 pro which says it can take 32gb at 2200mhz speed max.

A:Ram Issues

Which operating system do you have. It is possible the operating system is limited to 16GB. The sounds extremely familiar to the 32-bit operating system notifications when more than 4GB of memory was installed.

Windows XP is limited to 128GB.

Windows Vista Home Premium is limited to 16GB.
Windows Vista Business/Ultimate is limited to 128GB.

Windows 7 Home Premium is limited to 16GB.
Windows 7 Professional is limited to 192GB.

Windows 8 is limited to 128GB.
Windows 8 Professional is limited to 512GB.

Source - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778(v=vs.85).aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-issues.206448/
Relevancy 18.92%

I'm having trouble staying on line with telstra connection my internet keeps freezing and dropping in and out I have had trouble with my home line phone and have a bullion modem which this isn't the problem, the problem I believe lays with telstra as I've checked with my server and with downloads and updated my PC so what can I do next.
Thanks
June

A:Having problems with connection dropping in and out

June Lomas said:

what can I do next.Click to expand...

Call Telestra

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-problems-with-connection-dropping-in-and-out.206048/
Relevancy 18.92%

SO a friend uses this site and told me to post my issue here since I ve exhausted my options apart from actually taking my rig into a quot pro quot to get it looked at so here I am I have a Gigabyte A-D P Mobo and an old Phenom II x CPU I decided hell why not spend some cash Driving me AMD insane New CPU Issues.... FX on a New AMD FX CPU Issues.... Driving me insane new AMD FX The computer turns on no output to video fans going lights on HDD spins but sounds like its spins some rotations slows spins more slows in an endless cycle No weird noises etc I ve built computers replaced parts etc in the past with little to no issues until this day Here is what I ve done to eliminate easy replies -BIOS version was F to begin with meaning it supported FX chips Flashed it to F e anyway optimized settings etc no change in behavior -Cleared CMOS started from scratch -- no change in behavior -Yes FX chips are supported by my Mobo checked this multiple times even before buying Website for this Mobo even tells me for FX chips to work flash to the newest BIOS to ensure compatibility -- no luck -Interchanged the Phenom II and the FX in multiple ways to ensure nothings been connect wrongly heatsink is messed up etc Phenom boots the computer up like a charm every time I ve been at this for hours to no avail I ve attached a picture of some system summaries in case they would prove useful as well Any help or insight is greatly appreciated thanks for reading nbsp

A:New AMD FX CPU Issues.... Driving me insane

You may have a bad CPU.I would run it to a local computer shop and let the check it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-amd-fx-cpu-issues-driving-me-insane.205953/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have an AMD Sapphire 6950. It is about 2 and one half years old. I have noticed in the past few months that when I am playing games it makes a resonating noise.

Even a simple game like League of Legends, a game with low demands, causes my card to make this noise.

Thoughts?

* I periodically clean my case so there is no dust build up.

* Here is the exact sound: If what this guy says is true this will be my last Sapphire card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-else-have-issues-with-the-fans-on-sapphire-cards.205642/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello,
Sony KDL-32R410b TV has only two hdmi inputs , one is HDMI MHL other is HDMI ARC.
I have a dvd player with a regular plug HDMI output.I do not own a receiver compatible with the ARC function.
My question is if I can connect my dvd player to ARC TV HDMI socket.In this case it is possible to damage the TV?
Thank you.

A:Hdmi connection

Background:
what the heck is MHL? Think of it as a technology that turns a common MicroUSB cable into an HDMI cable, but with a few special features. MHL stands for Mobile High-definition Link, and it's the brainchild of a group of companies?including Nokia, Samsung, Silicon Image, Sony and Toshiba?that wanted a specification that could be used to connect smart phones, tablets, and other devices to an HDTV.​
HDMI 1.4 introduces two features called ARC (audio return channel) and HEC (HDMI Ethernet channel).​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-connection.205535/
Relevancy 18.49%

I bought a new Tenda Adsl2 Router
when I connect it to My pc or laptop it shows error
"Limited or no Connectivity"
I repair it by windows but still same problem.
I can't access 192.168.1.1
please help me to connect

A:Tenda Adsl2 Router W150D connection Problem

Is that a wired connection? Try this before attempting WiFi . . .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tenda-adsl2-router-w150d-connection-problem.205287/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello...I will start from the begining .

I bought the Acer V5 and tried booting it up...it came with boot-up Linux which means nothing to me so I made a Windows 8 bootable USB and the problems started. First I could'n find the USB and after enabling the Legacy mode it finally found it and booted from it. Turned out the partitions are GPT and as I made the USB MBR it couldn't install so I canceled which I guess was my mistake but there was no other option. After that I created the bootable USB with GPT partition scheme and tried again. Unfortunately this time I got something called GNU GRUB....wth? I googled around and found the commands required for booting - root (hd1,0), then chainloader +1 and finally boot. Then I get the famous The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors with Status: 0xc000000e. Of course tried that couple of more times but still to no avail. I cannot recover or repair as Windows was never really installed, so I don't know what to do....Hopefully someone here would be able to help. Thanks in advance guys.

Petar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-v5-booting-windows-installing-issues.205294/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi all,

I have a problem that I can't connect through wifi in windows vista home premium, but I can using LAN or using wifi in ubuntu. Please if can anyone help as it is urgent to me.
@jobeard

A:Can't connect through wifi but have a connection through LAN

see this thread and supply that data in your follow-up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-through-wifi-but-have-a-connection-through-lan.205081/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have spent the last days trying to get my WiFi to connect Connection Ethernet not through Internet but WiFi to the Internet and am ready to throw the computer and all its additional equipment out of the window Amongst a collection of other laptops and a desktop running different systems - Windows XP Vista Windows and Windows - I have an old Acer Aspire running Windows XP Pro SP I use it mainly for midi file work and as a host for Visual Studio which I keep for maintenance of some programs written many years ago but still in use by some of my friends and for which I require frequent searches on the Internet Just recently for no apparent reason the WiFi on this laptop suddenly stopped working I have been using an Edimax EW- Usg wireless adapter Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi which has never given any trouble in the past to connect with my home network through a router modem supplied by my ISP Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi Since every other computer iPhone iPad and Kindle connects to the same network and works perfectly I have to assume that there is no problem with that router Also the problem laptop connects perfectly via the ethernet cable It just won t work on WiFi alone I have checked my wireless connections setup including TCP IP and can find no problem devices in Device manager I have searched for solutions on the internet and tried everything I can find - I have scanned my hard disk with Panda Antivirus have downloaded and run MalwareBytes I have tried changing the router channel I have tried setting the ipconfig values Nothing makes any difference When I attach the wireless adapter there is usually a message telling me the connection has quot limited or no internet access quot At this point ipconfig all shows the default values for the configuration If I try repairing the connection I am told that the process cannot continue for one reason or another though on occasion it connects when I close the message box However the adapter still shows quot acquiring IP Address quot and hangs there Here ipconfig all shows the correct configuration In both situations the only ipaddress I can ping is the host PC - the problem one Every other IP whether in numerical form such as Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi the router or alphabetical form such as google com returns either a quot timeout quot or a quot cannot find quot message and of course I cannot connect to the internet I have tried clearing the ipconfig I ve forgotten the command and followed it with ipconfig renew but that won t work I have repaired winsock using Microsoft s instructions and I have become quot war-weary quot trying to make sense of the whole thing I am trying not to have to re-install Windows XP and the associated updating of all programs so as a last resort I tried probably unsuccessfully to uninstall Edimax In the end after using Add and Remove to clear as much as possible I just deleted the complete folder from Program Files Then I installed the software for an old Belkin Wireless USB Adapter which I had lying around and tried it The outcome was exactly the same The Belkin software has one advantage however - it allows the user to opt to control the adapter through Windows though I still could not make it work I just don t know enough to solve this one Any ideas anyone BarrieC St ckM n nbsp

A:Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi

Have you tried using another adapter? Or tried using the adapter on another computer? Just to rule out if the adapter is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-through-ethernet-but-not-wifi.196216/
Relevancy 18.49%

I m been having some network problems and I m really not sure to make of any of them Networking was never my strong point but I ve done everything I m capable of to try and diagnose and fix this problem So I have comcast and use my own router The last router I had was a netgear and needed replaced because it would restart itself randomly multiple times a day and I d be without internet for about - minutes at a time Instead network wireless Help connection diagnosing problems of trying constantly to fix it I just bought a linksys C to replace it with This problem started happening a little over a month ago and it manifests is self differently every time and the symptoms just don t at up in any logical way before I go out and buy a new router I want to ask you guys Obviously I get disconnected for about a minute at a time but Help diagnosing wireless network connection problems I also have long periods of just EXTREMELY slow internet Help diagnosing wireless network connection problems speeds I m talking mbps down to less than mbps The odd part comes in when I do a speed test during one of these drops in speed The speed test says I m getting all mbps of my connection but the youtube video I ll be watching will need to buffer Pages will also load very slowly but not all of them Techspot Youtube and Outlook all take forever to load during these slow downs but others will load just fine I can t figure out if this is the router or comcast It problem seems like it is a router problem because of me getting disconnected from my router but during these slow downs I can still access my router just fine and my internet speed will be displayed correctly I only have one computer connected to wifi so I can t test other machines What do you guys make of this Also what are some tests I can run to help diagnose this problem I m at wits end about this whole thing The disconnects seems to have stopped when I changed channels in my router to channel but I m still having this severe slow down issue Also as a side note I recently upgraded to xfinity and it came with a new modem These slowdowns have been occurring on both modems which leads me to believe it is the router Here is what I ve tried doing so far gt upgrading firmware gt changing ethernet cables gt changing modems gt changing wireless cards gt adjusting channels gt using different types of security WEP MAC WPA gt reinstalling windows gt using different browsers nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-diagnosing-wireless-network-connection-problems.204969/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello This is my very first post on this site I was looking for a good place for tech support and an My HDMI-DVI Monitor and with Connection Some Help Need this was recommend so now I m here Alright - here s the story A few months ago my neighbor moved They gave away some of their stuff one of which is a ViewSonic VG wm monitor which was given to me At first glance it didn t look like much Then I decided Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection to some research on it and it turns out that it s actually an HD monitor back from It even displays in full p After I found that out I wanted to try out my Wii U with it That s when I ran into a pretty big roadblock Turns out that even though it can do HD the oh so sensible people at ViewSonic decided to NOT incorporate an HDMI port Weird right Anyway it has two input ports - a DVI-D port and a VGA port I ve been using my laptop with the monitor through the VGA port and it displays at x Little did I know that VGA is quite archaic when Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection compared to DVI and HDMI I just went on vacation to the States I live in the Bahamas - and I was able to Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection pick up a really affordable yet well-reviewed DVI-HDMI male-to-male adapter cable made by ULTRA Since I couldn t bring my monitor with me I had to wait to get all the way back home here in the Bahamas Why oh why As soon as I got home I plugged in the cable to the back of the monitor the DVI end and into my Wii U the HDMI end I powered on the monitor and WALLA ----- oh wait quot No Signal quot I ve been trying for about - hours now and that s all I can get from it I ve tried all I can I even plugged the HDMI end into my set-top box and believe it or not IT WORKED I took it out and tried it again but once again quot No Signal quot That s the only time it s worked I m not sure what the case is I ve done all I can I tried it on my laptop it s the only one in the house with an HDMI port and this monitor is the only one in the house with a DVI port The monitor has age on it I can t access the OSD and there are a few bright spots but it still looks and works good I just really wanted to try DVI since it s apparently in the same ballpark as HDMI when it comes down to display quality So does anyone have any ideas I can t return the cable to try for a different one just in case IT S the problem - and to buy one here in my country is a little more expensive TL DR - Monitor won t accept DVI signal from HDMI to DVI adapter cable but accepts VGA just fine Any tips to attempt a fix nbsp

A:Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection

Not completely sure since I have a laptop (I don't use an external monitor), but don't you have to switch the input of the monitor like a TV?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-some-help-with-my-monitor-and-an-hdmi-dvi-connection.204858/
Relevancy 75.25%

So I realize that this is my computer telling me that it is not getting a connection to the internet So here is a basic diagram of my setup ISP---- gt Cable Modem----- gt New Splitter---------- gt Asus wifi router working --------- gt Desktop IP also connected to wifi My ISP is Charter Com via a Cable Modem From there I go into a TRENDnet ethernet switch splitter From there I have cable that goes to my desktop one cable to goes Area Local Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx to the upper floor to the wifi router Asus RT-N U The router is working fine and I am currently connected to it I have replaced the TRENDnet Switch every ethernet cable except to Asus wifi router This is where it gets stupid I can disconnect the TRENDnet switch and plug in my Desktop with the IP and it works I have researched this topic via forums for the past month and a half and now after fresh installing windows would like to try and get some input of what other might think is going on I am out of options I Local Area Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx had this setup for quite some time with wired and wifi Local Area Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx but just all of a sudden about - months ago after moving my desk and plugging it all in again it stopped working Here is a text format of Ipconfig of my LAC Configuration for interface quot Local Area Connection quot DHCP enabled Yes IP Address xxx xxx Subnet Prefix xx mask InterfaceMetric DNS servers configured through DHCP None Register with which suffix Primary only WINS servers configured through DHCP None As I said I am now running a fresh install of windows with no Bonjour program on it I have released renewed and about other CMD commands that I could think of The internet options for this adapter are set to obtain automatically I have ran about every malware program I can think of So any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Local Area Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx

Hmm why the splitter BEFORE the router - - that's not the correct way to add a second router

Code:
isp==primary router --- existing PC
to add a second router:

Code:
isp==primary router --- existing PC
|
+--- new router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-169-254-xxx-xxx.203909/
Relevancy 18.49%

I am running Windows 8.1. After restarts, the laptop screen would be blank, yet the computer would load. If I hooked up a 2nd monitor, it would show the desktop on that screen but laptop screen blank.

Now when I try to type on that computer (I'm currently on a different computer) the typing of the keys is all off (none of the letters actually type what they are supposed to and some open up random windows and command prompts)

I am wondering if this is a virus. Currently running Malwarebytes. I did a system restore earlier and the problem wasn't solved.

A:Blank Screen error and typing issues

Could be a virus, but could also mean the motherboard is faulty. If still in warranty, RTM.

Does the laptop have a bootable CD reader? If so, then download and make a bootdisk of a small linux (e.g. puppy linux). Booting off that will virtually prove if the motherboard is faulty or not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-screen-error-and-typing-issues.204596/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi there, my name in Mark, Over the past few days my whole internet randomly cuts off and goes back on, as if its being hit offline. I have ran through the forums and have checkout out the firewall and even done multiple virus scans and everything is coming up clear. I have a Virgin Media Superhub so its a combination modem and router. I have messed around with a few settings on the router itself. Im really struggling as I contacted my internet provider and they said they have no problem on their end. They also reset my router on a high frequency but I am still having the same issue. After having looked over multiple forums and videos and browsing through google. This issue will not resolve. It seems to occur more often when I try to run online gaming through my xbox one but it has happened a few times when the only thing that is on is my pc. I have a gaming pc and im not sure what other information you guys need. Any help would be amazing and to kick whatevers butt is annoying my internet.!

A:Internet Issues

Log into the router and find the setting MTU. It usually defaults to 1500 but that allows something called packet fragmentation. Change it to 1492 and it will stop that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-issues.204147/
Relevancy 19.35%

So within that past month my mobile users have started having issues with our VPN. One day they can connect with no problems and then the next day they receive error 800 or error 807. There are several weird things going on. For one it doesn't just happen to certain users. The problem effects one user one day and then another user the next day. Also some can connect while others cannot. And in one case we had two users co-located at the same offsite place and neither could connect. One had error 800 and the other had 807.

Also, the users can ping the vpn server but as soon as they receive the error 800 or 807 they can no longer ping it. I tried restarting the vpn server for a user that received one of those errrors and could no longer ping the server. Once the server rebooted the user was able to ping but when he tried to connect he got the error and then was no longer able to ping it. Does anyone have any ideas for me?

The vpn server is on Server 2008 and my clients run Windows 7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vpn-issues.204032/
Relevancy 18.92%

So a bit of background I have been having several issues with Issues x505-q898 Qosmio with my laptop The first has been a severe overheating issue at times though I was able to help solve the problem by using a laptop cooling pad for a time Eventually though even that wasn t helping and neither was trying to clean out the heat sinks using compressed air I refuse to blow the dust back into the laptop Being the laptop was already out of warranty I disassembled the laptop down to the motherboard which I have to say thanks Toshiba for refusing to release any of Issues with Qosmio x505-q898 your service manuals I opened up the heat sinks thoroughly cleaned out the heat sinks reapplied thermal paste to both the GPU and CPU and reassembled the laptop Using Core Temp and a GPU monitor my temps are well within normal operating range However I am still having issues Now when I start my laptop up if my battery is plugged in and the AC adapter is plugged in the computer will shut down without any notice within a few minutes The lights on the LEDs on the front turn off even though its plugged in and will not restart without removing both the battery and power being removed hitting the power button a couple times and plugging it back in Now if I don t have my battery plugged in it lasts a lot longer but still shuts off periodically for no reason and has to be unplugged Issues with Qosmio x505-q898 and hit the power etc However when I left my computer plugged in and running this morning no battery it sat there for a couple hours with no problem I moved it onto my lap and it shut off I m curious to what some possible solutions to this could be It s possible I reassembled it wrong though everything seems to be working all the buttons etc but it seems like something is causing the system to crash and lock out I don t know if its software or hardware related I m considering reinstalling Windows to see if that helps but I wanted to check in first to see if anyone else has a solution without going that far nbsp

A:Issues with Qosmio x505-q898

The motherboard is probably fried from the previous severe over-heating... Did you apply just a very small amount of thermal paste to the heat-sinks? Applying too much can act as a insulator. Were there any thermal pads used? if so, replacing them with paste is not a good move

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-with-qosmio-x505-q898.203896/
Relevancy 18.92%

So I now realized that disabling the Teredo Tunneling service/adapter in Device Manager might have been a bad mistake. Had some scary moments where I was not sure if my computer wasn't accepting the new connection, or my wireless USB adapter was dying.

I enabled 6to4 I believe, and IPv6 through a step I found here:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...nterface/754c8f29-3a87-4e77-babd-a69c8910e17e

Though I'm noticing that the adapter for the Teredo Tunneling Service still says it won't start. (Error 10) and whenever I try to update the drivers it says they are up to date.

So I'm not sure if checking my registry (my current step I am on) will fix the Tunneling service and help stabilize my PCs connection, or if it's going to patch one thing but leave this service dangling by a thread not doing anything.

Any advice and maintenance tips would be very appreciated! Still trying to get this working so I can take some online IT courses.

A:IPv6, 6to4, and Other Networking Issues

Update: I followed the rest of the steps and updated the registry to allow IPv6. From there things seemed more stable but when I check the network status after the net going down it says IPv6 doesn't connect. When I tried troubleshooting (the auto troubleshooting function of Win7) I got a BSOD:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

the other photo is blurry, but later I can try and upload a photo via photobucket for anyone to check out. As per a google search on what the BSOD is, I found it stopped 4-5 services and shut down. (really long hex codes.)

one sort of looks like: 0xFFFFF0200220550F, but the quality isn't that great, and I have no idea if that's accurate.

I'll check my dump file I copy-pasted and post later. Any advice and help would be appreciated!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ipv6-6to4-and-other-networking-issues.203936/
Relevancy 18.92%

Since my friend is too stressed as well as not the type to go on places like this I am asking for him He has a AMD Athlon II P Dual-Core Ghz laptop with gigs of ram and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series GB the thing is Laptop issues has playing games years old Well he has been having issues with games and since I own Laptop has issues playing games a desktop I only know so much about what its really capable of Anyway he wants to play games like Warframe War thunder and not need to lower the settings all the way just to in some cases barely play Also seems he cannot run Just Laptop has issues playing games cause Now another friend I talked to briefly said sounds like something is eating his resources but again only know so much about laptops So is it his CPU video card ram or is it all the junk that might be on his system He did note that his laptop does seem to run hot and with only one fan vent it coudl be the reason for all I know he said an I quote here quot its hot enough to melt the glue of the foot pad in the corner and cause my hand to sweat quot he would love to get a desktop but sadly funds for him are quite limited nbsp

A:Laptop has issues playing games

It is quite obvious that the problem is temperature and I also think that laptop doesn't meet the recommended specification requirements of the games he wants to play.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-has-issues-playing-games.203314/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi, not great with computers and had a look around at various forums and can't find a solution to my problem.

Essentially, whilst I can view the wireless network connections available, I cannot connect to the wireless connection I want to although all other computers at home can connect.

I think the issue is that I have no IP address on this computer (using Windows XP that has just been reinstalled). The result of ipconfig/release is:
No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection 2 while it has its media disconnected.

Sorry if further information is required, will provide whatever is needed. Thanks for any help!

A:Wireless Connection Media Disconnected (Windows XP)

First disconnect any wired connection and THEN attempt the wifi.
Something called DHCP is responsible to give the PC an IP address and also the DNS addresses (regardless of wired or wireless).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-media-disconnected-windows-xp.203103/
Relevancy 18.49%

Greetings my fellow technologists I have routers and internet connection and want to set up a second wireless network using the Dual 1 Internet Creation with connection Network DDWRT same internet connection for VPN purposes The routers are Router A TPLink TL-WR N non DD WRT flashed Router B Linksys E DD WRT flashed Router A is connected directly to my company s network and works fine broadcasting DDWRT Dual Network Creation with 1 Internet connection its own wireless network BENMAO BENMAO s Router A configuration settings are below LAN IP LAN MAC BC-D - - - - A WAN MAC SAME WAN IP WAN SUBNET WAN GATEWAY WAN DNS I have connected Router B to Router A via Ethernet cable Port on Router A to INTERNET port on DDWRT Router B but get no internet access on Router B using DHCP with Automatic settings I am willing to change any settings and experiment to produce connectivity on the second network BENMAOVPN but don t know what to change in the protocol settings and there is very little information on Internet DDWRT forums It seems there are multiple DHCP DNS and IP conflict issues which I don t really have a good grasp of here The DDWRT router Router B is highly customizable but I admit I don t know whether to set is as an Access Point Client Bridge Bridge Repeater or Ad Hoc but I know I do NOT want to quot cascade quot the routers into wireless network Also Router B probably needs to be set to function as a Router rather than a Gateway When I replace Router A with Router B its just plug and play everything works fine and I can actually put all my devices on a wireless VPN so setting up the wireless VPN is not the issue its just getting Router B to accept the signal from Router A So bottom line is I need to know how to set Routers A amp B to share the Internet signal from Router A to Router B and then have Router B broadcasting a DIFFERENT network Thanks for any help in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddwrt-dual-network-creation-with-1-internet-connection.202411/
Relevancy 37.41%

I am on a Win 7 based computer. New apt, new internet connection. Old router.
Connects to net fine with an ethernet cable.
Connects to the wifi signal (strong signal) with password authentication BUT no internet access.
All my laptops are experiencing the same issue- so it does not appear to be related to the computer.
I then connected the ethernet cable to a Linksys E2000. Again, good signal, clear connection BUT no internet access.
What can I do??
IPCONFIG/ALL>myTCP.txt did not produce any results in DOS (why??)
Thanks in advance.....

A:Wifi connection issues- fine on ethernet

IPCONFIG/ALL report:

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : subra-tablet
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : westell.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-26-5E-C0-40-B0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : westell.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 0C-60-76-4A-97-6C
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::7997:4b52:9da9:c46e%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.33(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, May 03, 2014 8:22:44 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, May 04, 2014 11:55:35 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 302801014
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-12-4D-54-A5-00-26-55-C9-E7-55
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : westell.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-26-55-C9-E7-55
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::790e:7ddd:2dfe:6f71%10(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.30(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, May 03, 2014 8:26:38 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, May 04, 2014 11:56:07 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 335553971
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-12-4D-54-A5-00-26-55-C9-E7-55
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

PPP adapter Broadband Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadband Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . :
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 117.202.95.249(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 218.248.255.147
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{F6FA6232-213B-4DE8-A4CA-916428E73370}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

Tunnel adapter 6TO4 Adapter:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2002:75ca:5ff9::75ca:5ff9(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 2002:c058:6301::c058:6301
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 218.248.255.14... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-connection-issues-fine-on-ethernet.202175/
Relevancy 19.35%

Iam having framerate issues Anyone help me I will clear out the details then Here is the problem - So everything was okay for the last years suddenly from the last month wierd thing happened My computer is running all okay no problems while watching movies listening to music etc But when Lagging issues I start playing games after - mins frame rate falls for around - secs and again shoots back to normal For example if iam playing battlefield iam getting - fps Lagging issues and suddenly fps falls to - and then again shoots back to normal This happens even when am doing nothing and standing in the game This happens in EVERY game that I play What I did from my side is to made a clean install of drivers formats and went to the extent of buying a new power supply unit and yes my machine is clean and I also have fans running I got for myself an aftermarket cooer for my cpu so it isnt the temperature But the problem persisted My machine specs - AMD FX- Ghz MSI GM-P FX motherboard Corsair Value Select x GB RAM DDR Antec Neo Eco W Smps HIS RADEON GB DDR Graphics card TB WD Blue HDD GB Seagate HDD I should also mention the monitor name and the ups - AOC monitor x resolution Intex Protector UPS please help thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lagging-issues.202037/
Relevancy 19.35%

Not sure if this is the correct section to post this question.
I have a desktop PC which is using 'Clear Wireless' as my internet connection.
If I set up another desktop PC in another room.....how do I get it to also use the same wireless connection?
This might sound like a silly question, but when you get my age, your lucky if you can remember what day it is.

A:Wireless connection?

"Clear Wireless" appears to be a service of Sprint. and also WiMAX
meaning you don't have a Modem or Router but take your connection directly off the radio waves - - can you confirm?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection.201898/
Relevancy 19.35%

So I have this laptop that had some issue with it's charger and then the charger broke completely and so I bought a new one and recently I can't turn it on my battery run out so I plugged the charger in and the little light that is suposed to go on when it's charging didn't go on and I tried a different charger and the same thing happened and now I don't know if it's a problem with my laptop or with my charger and I wanted to ask you guys here before I did anything else because I don't want to go and have my laptop repaired if I just need to buy a new charger I mean the laptop should be fine it's practically new.. help..

A:Charger issues?

When you are talking about the charging light do you mean the one on the laptop or on the charger itself (If it has one)?

If the light is not coming on on the laptop the laptop is not receiving any power, heres a couple things to check:

1: If plugged in and the laptop is on, does the battery indicator say plugged in and charging, plugged in but not charging, or just on battery?

2: Try taking our the battery while plugged in (And the laptop is off) and replace it in side to see if it starts charging.

3: Gently wiggle the connector in the laptop and make sure the plug is tight in the wall socket.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/charger-issues.201123/
Relevancy 18.92%

I keep having a problem with my internet connection When I connect my pc to the wifi im only online for short periods of time Troubleshooting the problems doesnt give anything and deactivating and activating isnt helping either Im pretty sure its only my own router I cant connect to though I have no problem connecting through a ethernet cable Some intell Windows IP Configuration Host Name MSI Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter LAN-forbindelse Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Virtuelt kort til Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Physical Address C-D - - -F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth-netv rksforbindelse Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth-enhed Personal Area Network Physical Address C-D - - -F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address C-D - - -F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d b d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday April PM Lease Expires Saturday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - -A - C- -A - - - C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Internet with wifi connection but with not ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Internet connection with ethernet but not with wifi Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller Internet connection with ethernet but not with wifi NDIS Physical Address C- -A - - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Internet connection with ethernet but not with wifi

What is your operating system and what do you mean by short periods of time, like a minute and then it drops? Also, what kind of router do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-with-ethernet-but-not-with-wifi.201815/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have been having numerous problems with my internet lately. On my desktop, Skype has been routinely causing 30 second interruptions with my internet services (I have already disabled nPnP). In addition, I will often lose connection to Steam while browsing the Steam store and I have had connection problems with at least one other online retailer. Each time, connections are lost for 30 - 60 seconds. It is getting quite irritating.

I am having a slightly different problem on my laptop while it is going through the same router. When streaming videos, they often won't buffer properly or even at all, leading to the video constantly pausing and starting up again.

There are so many things that could be wrong with my connection. It is my network router, my cable modem, my ISP, or even something on my computer. It would be nice if there was a program that could analyze my connection and determine where my internet connection is being severed when it is severed.

Could anyone recommend either a program or a method of diagnosing this problem.

Thanks.

A:Searching for a good way to diagnose my internet connection

First of all, we're going to need a speedtest.net report to see what kind of internet speeds you are dealing with in the first place. Second, when was the last time you did a reset on your router? Here's a link to a program that allows you to monitor your bandwith, which sounds like what you are asking for.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/searching-for-a-good-way-to-diagnose-my-internet-connection.201771/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have a Lenovo Ideapad What's than My a internet others. connection going has on? laptop slower much Yoga S Windows Chrome I live in a university residence and so I have no access to the modem and therefore have no wire to connect with I use wifi only According to speedtest net Ping ms Download speed Mpbs Upload speed Mpbs My link speed is Mpbs As you can imagine downloading things takes forever Youtube videos are blurry for a while before clearing up and have split-second black screen periodically Generally the internet connection is My laptop has a much slower internet connection than others. What's going on? slow on my laptop But when I use other peoples laptops in the same room it s much faster I have CCleaner Avast and Malwarebytes I clean and scan my laptop regularly Possibly unrelated factors Windows Defender doesn t turn on I had another program though so I didn t think this was a problem until something I read on the internet made me want to turn it on I My laptop has a much slower internet connection than others. What's going on? uninstalled the said My laptop has a much slower internet connection than others. What's going on? program so it wouldn t conflict with Windows Defender but it still refuses to turn on So as of now I have neither I also have about GB of space left lots of movies So what could the problem be How can I fix this nbsp

A:My laptop has a much slower internet connection than others. What's going on?

"Lots of movies".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you pirated a whole bunch of movies on the campus network.

It's probably likely that campus IT throttled your connection so you don't use up so much data. I'd give it 8 months of clean web habits, and then talk to IT and say you have a slow connection ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-has-a-much-slower-internet-connection-than-others-whats-going-on.201435/
Relevancy 18.49%

I recently bought a Dell Precision T and man it is a workhorse compared to what I have been using It has two quad core GHz processors and currently MB of RAM which I intend to upgrade to MB It has two separate GB hard drives and is running Windows Ultimate The only problem is that the display doesn t seem to be anywhere as good as my old computer is and I just bought a cheap no name Is Card Issues- outdated-What Video mine to get GB DDR card for it My new Dell has a nvidia quadro fx SD which I think has only MB of ram and the only thing it has going for it is that it has dual DVI connections for dual monitors only up to quot I thought with all the video cards out today that I could find something reasonable to replace this with and still have the option of dual monitors but I would prefer not to be limited to only quot Video Card Issues- Is mine outdated-What to get monitors I think this video card is just too old but I need advice because anyone at a store would just try to sell me one of the most expensive ones that I cannot really afford I have plenty of room for video cards and can even Video Card Issues- Is mine outdated-What to get run a dual space taking one of either type slot Please help advise me You can even look up the specs on my computer from the info above It has an watt power supply so I know that is not a problem As a matter of fact I wanted to also look into some more cooling options to keep it cool The case is quot high and quot deep and quot wide It is a monster to me but that is what I wanted I wanted one I could upgrade the way I want to I get mixed up on the card slot names but I know it has of the dual X Gen Graphic Slots I think those are the long ones with the little blue catch at the end to help hold the card and it has about or more other slots Only one of the X is being used by the old card which I plan to replace and the other slots are empty As always Thanks a million for the advice and help you guys give on here I hope someone has a decent solution for me The only reason I didn t want to be limited to a quot inch monitor is because I watch a lot of streaming video on the internet and I thought I would get one of those large quot or quot televisions to use but if I can t it s cool just explain it to me if you can please Thanks again for any responses nbsp

A:Video Card Issues- Is mine outdated-What to get

The size of a monitor does not matter to a video card, you can hook up a 60inch TV and it wont make a difference in performance to the machine over a similarly specked 30inch. What matters is the resolution, the higher you go (720->1080->1600->etc) the more demanding it is on your video card. Now in your case that Quadro card is Extremely Low end in this day and age which means its probably struggling to do anything even at 720p resolution. Now while this is a workstation machine, im inclined to ask what else you maybe doing besides watching/streaming HD content. If that is all you want to do, my suggestion would be to grab one of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121800

Its and AMD R7 250, it has a DVI, HDMI, and a VGA on it so you can hook up 2 monitors (I would suggest 1 HDMI and 1 DVI) and it will keep up with your needs just fine. If you intend to do more with your machine than that or want a video card a little bit higher up for possible other tasks, try grabbing one of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150688

Its an AMD R7 260X which is a significant step up for 50 more dollars. But it contains display port and more outputs in general so you can hook up lots of different monitors (Up to 6) on it.

Just my two cents, if you really want a workstation card like a quadro or firepro, let us know what your using it for so we can find a good one for you instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-issues-is-mine-outdated-what-to-get.199076/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello. I recently had a mother board go dead on me. I purchased the exact same motherboard I had. the new board is same model, brand and all that, but the overclocking on it is considerably worse for some reason. Any suggestions as to why this might be? as an example my rig is

fx 4100 quad core
radeon 6670 gpu
kingston hyperx 1866 8 gigs ram
ocz vertex 3 ssd
500 gb western digital
asrock 990fx extreme3
corsair 600w gs600

The first 990fx was running stable for quite some time at 4.4 ghz with 1.385 vcore or something close to that. I had pushed up as far as 4.8 stable and decided I didn't like the temps it was running so I backed it back down a bit. This new board cannot hit 4.4 no matter how high I put the vcore. what can I do to figure out what is causing this? thanks.

A:Motherboard issues

The answer is in the question - you had a fairly new board die, an Asrock (brand not known for reliability), so you went out and bought another one of the same model as the one that failed, presumably to avoid re-installing Windows due to major hardware change. I don't understand why you'd buy the same model after an early failure, unless you know what caused it (dropped screwdriver, shorted PSU, etc). I would have realized that I took a chance on a cheap brand, rolled the dice and lost, and replaced it with another brand, one of the top 3 (Asus, Gigabyte, MSI). Obviously you were on a tight budget for this build, and I'm impressed that you went with an SSD and fast RAM. If overclocking is important to you (as it should be), return the Extreme3 and get an Asus board for $150 or a Gigabyte for $125. If you get another Extreme3, maybe it will OC good but have other issues, and maybe it will fail again. All mobos are so complicated that designing a reliable one is very difficult, and cheap components almost guarantee failure at some point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-issues.201059/
Relevancy 19.35%

I have this dell laptop, XPS M1330 that I bought new the ship date was 01/08/2008. I have been wanting to upgrade to a SSD but I don't know what kind of connector the system board has on it. It is some of SATA connector but it has separate power connector. I am hoping someone can tell me what type of connector this is and do they make a SSD with this type of connector.

You can view the photo I took of the drive here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/13177305443/

A:Connection type?

Those connectors are SATA and SATA power (the longer one is SATA power). No idea how it works on a laptop though, I think the connectors just are fixed in place where the old HDD was. Before buying an SSD though, make sure it fits in the old space and you should be good, correct me if I'm wrong on any of this though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-type.200878/
Relevancy 18.49%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-to-server-disconnects-constantly.200706/
Relevancy 12.47%

As the title suggests- I have issues.. Just moved out to the rural countryside and had to get a satelite setup for internet access. We got the 30GB package and after a WEEK, they claimed we hit our limit. Ok so back in city life we had a 25 Gig package on broadband and never had an issue with three of us on it. I downoaded the Networx bandwidth tracking package and while good it has issues.. so heres my Question: What software package OR hardware device is available out there to track usage for a family of three wireless Inspirons and a lan cabled IBM Business computer? I can't install any software on the business computer so I set mine up to monitor router traffic hoping to capture all traffic - but this only works if my computer is on. Is there an easier way? As I'm not a techie please use very simple words and suggestions. Thanks

A:Bandwidth, bandwidth and more bandwidth issues...

Having 30GB a month sounds pretty good to me, my parents live in a rural area and have 5! a month limit. They are through Dish, there aren't a whole lot of sat internet providers in the US, and they are all pretty similar in usages and charges from what I recall. Dish has a way to track your usage on their website, I assume HughesNet, WildBlue, whatever things are calling themselves now (essentially in the US at least, you are going through something that is either those, or is owned by those). So, you should be able to watch your usage in somewhat real time on their website.

If you live outside of the US or have some provider I am unaware of, I would be they also have a website interface that will let you track. The only downside to this is that you have to take their word for your usage, but that is pretty easily determined if you can control your devices for a short period of time and do a download test (grab a linux ISO at 650 megs). It should match up, if not, then you are getting scammed by your ISP and you should google to see if anyone else is having the same issues, this is HIGHLY unlikely though.

Bottom line, you are overthinking it, just use your ISPs counter on their website, if you think their's is wrong, post back with some details on why.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bandwidth-bandwidth-and-more-bandwidth-issues.200273/
Relevancy 29.24%

So I was starting my laptop when suddenly I found this error :

(BIOS Date:06/08/09 16:37:07 Ver: 1.40
CPU: Inter(R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU P7350 2.00GHz

Speed : 2.00 GHz

Initializing USB Controllers .. Done
4096MB OK

Auto-Detecting AHCI PORT 1..IDE Hard Disk
Auto-Detecting AHCI Port 4.. ATAPI CDROM
SATA Port1 TOSHIBA MK4055GSX FG011M

S.M.A.R.T. Capable and Statues OK

SATA Port4 HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GU10N Devices...

00USB mass storage devices found and configured.

Checking NVRAM....

Not enough space in Runtime area!!. SMBIOS data will not be available

Press F1 to Resume )

I pressed F1 but it didn't resume. I waiting for that NVRAM check but its not getting any results and there's no loading bar to show me the process.
So cannot use my laptop now...

Any idea how to fix it ?

PS. it hard-boot last time I used it because it was out of battery but I didnt install any programs or software..
And I cannot open the Bios setting menu to edit anything

A:Not enough space in runtime area

The bios CMOS battery on the motherboard may have died...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-enough-space-in-runtime-area.200279/
Relevancy 38.27%

Sometimes my laptop would disconnect from the internet even though its working.
I've tried using the troubleshooter but it would say that the problem is fixed but then it would happen again in the next 10 min or so.
Occasionally while I'm playing a game, my ping would rise up to 400 or more.

A:Laptop having connection issues

Which connection? Wifi or wired? If it's wifi, then who knows what the problem is - your router and/or distance to it most likely.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-having-connection-issues.200110/
Relevancy 18.92%

I m sorry if this is in the wrong 3 laptop on Many with issues month place - I d really really appreciate some help though I have a month old Toshiba Satellite A couple of weeks ago after Many issues with 3 month on laptop a Windows Update it went a bit wonky saying there were corrupt files I ran sfc scannow it found some things but couldn t fix them I did chkdsk and sfc a couple more times after which it said all was okay but the Windows Update Troubleshooter thing still said there were corrupt files and I was getting the odd error Many issues with 3 month on laptop and a few warnings in event viewer Sick of fiddling with the thing I did system refresh - after which all seemed okay for a few days during which I chose to not look at event viewer - partly cause I was getting too stressed with it and partly in the hopes that after the refresh then having to install about updates I d give it some time Many issues with 3 month on laptop to calm down or something Yesterday - I noticed everything was running rather slow so I rebooted the machine then everything was running extremely slowly I checked task manager and it said disk use and RAM use although nothing was running save a webpage and task manager I was advised that the Skype app which came pre-installed on the machine has never had issues before and I have used all of once was causing some problems so I uninstalled that I ran Avast anti virus scan nothing found I tried to run sfc scan but it said quot another servicing or repair operation is currently running Wait for this to finish then run sfc again quot Not a clue what that might have been I tried a few times wouldn t run At this point I gave in for the night Today I have ran sfc scan - nothing found Usage for disk RAM and CPU are still high although varying a lot Disk was even down at for a while earlier I notice that Google Chrome is in the Task Manager times I don t think this is normal I have one window open only One of the listings is for the Chrome app which I am not using Avast is in there twice once with the logo and once without I don t know if that means anything About times so far today my cursor has frozen for a few seconds There are a few errors and warnings in event viewer I have a copy of this on skydrive and can put a link on here if anyone wants to see it In brief the warnings are ESENT which viewer says is likely due to hardware problem yay ESENT again says probably hardware Kernel-PnP x DNS Client Events The errors are Service Control Manager terminated unexpectedly Application Error TrustedInstaller exe x Application Hang for wwahost exe and LiveComm exe x DistributedCOM x Apps Those are all the ones since yesterday morning Sorry if that s too much info or not enough I d be very grateful for any help - a new laptop shouldn t be this much hassle I phoned the Toshiba number as it s under warranty only for the guy to tell me he would have advised me to do anti virus scan sfc scan then check task manager - all of which I d already done and if I wanted more in-depth advice I could sign up for extended warranty for a one-off easy payment of just Swines Thank you very very much in advance I can t tell you how grateful I will be if this can get sorted If restore to factory settings thing will magically fix everything then just give me the word and I ll do it I have backed up my files and any apps or programmes installed I don t care enough about to warrant putting up with these issues Though the OS came preinstalled on the laptop so I don t have it on disc don t know if I might need it if I do a reset The OS is Windows nbsp

A:Many issues with 3 month on laptop

I would suggest that you restore the laptop to it's "like new" settings and re-apply all the Windows updates

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/many-issues-with-3-month-on-laptop.199993/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello everyone,

I'm using windows 7 on my pc and try to connect to my home wireless connection .
every time I try to connect and enter the password, it won't be connected.
However, I'm using my laptop and phone to connect and it worked properly.

Please help my problem
Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 unable to connect to wireless connection

How is your wireless Configured. I have seen many issues when using mixed mode in certain Linksys or Cisco Products. What kind of adapter are you using on y our PC for wireless Connection? Has it ever worked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-connection.199928/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have three Macbook Pros and two PCs at home. When the PCs are connected to the WiFi the internet slows down for just the MacBooks. When the Macbooks are on and not the PCs they run at fast speed. Is there a way to limit the bandwidth for each device, or would there be something else to do to fix the problem? I need help!

A:Wireless Connection Issues

QoS settings in the router webpage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-issues.199808/
Relevancy 19.35%

I'm trying to set up my Roku by connecting it to my desktop and using ICS (to let the Roku make use of the much better signal that the desktop gets).

This works fine, the Roku connects and can stream easily. Unfortunately, the desktop now seems to have something wrong with it's connection, things like Steam and Teamspeak are fine and stay working, but I can't load any webpages, ping or tracert from cmd.

I figure something might be wrong with the DNS, but resetting all the different components hasn't helped.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ics-issues-with-roku.199805/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have been playing battlefield 4 and I keep getting disconnected from servers due to a large ammount of packets being used I tested this myself though there system performance tool in bf4 what causes packet loss and how can I fix this

A:Battlefield 4 connection issues

Make sure you have the latest patches for BF4, they will make a HUGE difference in how BF4 runs on the PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battlefield-4-connection-issues.198914/
Relevancy 15.48%

Our ISP recently updated their hard ware to work with the Sprint network Note our ISP is not Sprint but the local phone company Our Hardware Internet DSL highest speed available Modem Comtrend ISP provides Router Belkin N Computer yr old Dell running XP - service pac - wired connection Kindle Fire first edition no HD etc - wireless connection Xbox - wireless connection Issues Xbox - went from constantly bumped from Xbox Live game by losing internet connection to not being able to enter a game at all Kindle - went from occasional quot network error message during online tasks to having to restart download multiple times or refresh page for most any or all online tasks Computer - have to click refresh to get most any page to load after the home page What we ve tried so far I have recently cleared the cache on both the computer and Kindle XBox s new security measures have been met My questions Do any or all multiple issues devices Multiple over of these issues seem to be related Is there a piece of equipment or something we may be missing to make all of these things work I am a networking novice Who should I call to get these issues corrected my ISP or a tech service Note if I start with the ISP and they do not find an issue I have to pay for the call nbsp

A:Multiple issues over multiple devices

First. You should try to NOT use a wireless connection for any type of gaming: PC, Mac, Console, etc. If you can hard wire the xbox you'll be waaay better off than using wireless.

Now... Yes, the issues could be related - there maybe an issue with the Belkin N router. I'd try to first reset the Belkin router to default settings, check on manufacturer website for instructions how, most routers you can press a "reset" button w/ a paperclip or ball point pen. Reconfigure the Belkin router, recreate the wireless network and see how everything works. If you are still having issues, humor me and connect the Dell directly to the DSL modem, bypassing Belkin router. See if you still have connection issues, if you do then it could be the DSL modem that is the problem and call your ISP to replace. If you don't have same issues then it's most likely an issue with the Belkin router. Replace it. Don't buy the dirt cheapest router at the store, but you most likely don't need the most expensive one either. Find a good middle ground router, ask sales associate to assist you accordingly.

Post back, Hope this helps!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-issues-over-multiple-devices.198798/
Relevancy 18.92%

OK, so I have a stable network connection through my modem at all times and of which is currently hard wired to my desk top. Every hour or so I seem to lose connection to the internet through my pc but the modem still shows a stable signal (online light stays on) I run the trouble shooter for internet and get nothing most times so I end up having to re-boot the pc to get connection back. I'm not the most tech savy so any suggestions on how to get this fixed step by step instructions would be VERY helpful !

A:Internet connection issue

First I would try replacing the Ethernet cable being used to connect the modem & PC. Next, if there are other "LAN" ports in the modem, plug into a different port. After that I would try pinging the default gateway (ip address of the modem) with an infinite ping and watch to see if there are dropped packets. if there are multiple dropped packets, then it could be a bad network card in the PC or a bad port in the modem.

to infinite ping, open the command prompt and type the following:

ping <ip address of modem> -t (c:\ping 192.168.1.1 -t)

to make the ping stop press: Control C look at the results and see if you have dropped packets. Here's a look at mine after 10 pings

C:\>ping 192.168.10.1 -t

Pinging 192.168.10.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.10.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.10.1:
Packets: Sent = 10, Received = 10, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms
Control-C
^C
C:\>
Hope this helps, post back!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-issue.199470/
Relevancy 19.35%

My roommate and I use our LAN to network games. It took us a while to set up, but we haven't had any problems for about a year. Today, however, I turned off the wireless to my Mac, and when I turned it back on, our LAN network would no longer work. I think what happened is that the dynamic IP reset to slot 4 (xxx.xxx.2.4). I tried resetting our port-forwarding to slot 4, with no luck. I also tried giving the Mac a static IP (back to slot 2 like it used to be), but the router is still registering it as connecting via slot 4 with a dynamic address, even after restarting the computer. Now I've managed to get it to the point where we can connect manually by entering a port number every time, but I'm hoping I can set my IP back to slot 2 (xxx.xxx.2.2) so it will do this manually. Does anyone know whats going on?

A:LAN Issues

Ok, sooo many variables in your question... Answer these questions and I think we can help you further:

What is the make/model of your router?
What is the router's ip addres?? ex: 192.168.1.1
How many computers are connecting to this LAN?
Are the computers all Macs or are some PCs?? What versions of windows or OS X are each running?
Are the computers connecting via wire or wireless?
Is the router configured for DHCP (dynamic)?
Have you already configured ports to be forwarded to certain ip addresses? If so, what ports to what addresses?
You keep referring to "slots", I'm guessing you mean the port of the router, is this correct?
What games are you playing? ex: battelfield, minecraft, etc.

Answer these questions thoroughly and I think we can help you out. Have a good day!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-issues.199308/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi this is my first thread here on Techspot I ve been wanting to find other people in the area that are interested in overclocking as in area overclockers for Myrtle the Looking Beach well I ve been overclocking since the AthlonXP to my current i K I ve now reached the point where I now need to take the next step in to extreme overclocking delidding L N Dry Ice and would prefer to meet up with others that have experience in these areas as well as just meet new people that have the same interest Personally I ve always been big on breaking DMark records My current build holds the record for Firestrike not extreme with a Core i K and GTX and rd Looking for overclockers in the Myrtle Beach area place for Extreme settings I spent hours trying to get the nd place spot on extreme and to get first I ll need to push the CPU over Ghz which I can t do on air or water Since everyone has their own talents I thought it d be fun to recruit a team and see what we can come up with Plus I may be able to help push your hardware further So if anyone lives in the area and is interested please hit me up nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-overclockers-in-the-myrtle-beach-area.199049/
Relevancy 19.35%

I wanna make sure I done all steps before sending these 2 new sticks of memory back to newegg because there defective.

2 new sticks match the old stick. G.Skill, F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS, DDR-400, CL2.5-3-3-6 2.5 ~ 2.75v, PC3200 1Gx2

The 2 old sticks works in all 4 memory slots. New memory sticks does not.

When the PC completely boots up I get lines on the monitor and freezes PC up after done booting everything. I reboot PC then get check sum error on the black boot up screen with F1 to continue or F2 enter setup.

Acer Aspire T160 desktop

A:New Memory Issues

That's a bit too old for me to be confident giving suggestions, sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-memory-issues.199042/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have multiple devices setup through the same connection. In the past the all got about 18mbps download. The other devices still get that but one device now maxes out between 35mbps. I haven't changed any hardware or software. It is a Windows 7 machine. Any ideas?

A:Why would one computer have a slow internet connection?

Are all wired?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-would-one-computer-have-a-slow-internet-connection.198453/
Relevancy 18.92%

I recently built a new PC and have formatted the PC completely just two days ago Mobo - Sabertooth FX Rev Ram - G Skill GB Dual GB CPU - FX- amp H i PSU - AX i Small WD Red TB raid amp Crucial M GB GPU - HD sigh - Still using How problem? I pinpoint my can connection this from last pc build New Asus optical How can I pinpoint my connection problem? drive Using the Optical connection for audio Running windows on the SSD BT Infinity Package - Meg up Meg down - BT Home Hum - Firmware Version Type A The problem I am having is this Occasionally my internet will stop loading Web pages will load sort of then stop half way Sometimes it refuses to load past the white screen Sometimes I am disconnected from quot Some quot of my messengers on Trillian At first I thought it might be the websites being a little bit dodgy but it has become a little more frequent now I have heard it is possible to manually detect where the connection problems lay by using the command prompt however I am having difficulty finding a guide on such tasks How can I pinpoint the connection problems I am having Thanks for reading nbsp

A:How can I pinpoint my connection problem?

There are three separate issues:
[a-] tcp connectivity, [b-] dns resolution and [c-] website responses.

On [a-] TCP, the sequence goes like this:

ping 127.0.0.1 (proving the adaptor is working)
ping your ip address (see results of ipconfig)
ping your router (it's the gateway address shown in ipconfig /all)
ping your ISP gateway address (something like http://www.whatismyip.com/ is silly as you may have real issues and can't access that site at all. Instead, log into your router and get the wan-side gateway ip)
ping your DNS addresses shown in ipconfig /all
This much tells you if your system TCP and ISP access are sane and responding properly.
btw: ping responds with lines like​Reply from 71.74.42.238: bytes=32 time=86ms TTL=53​and the time is what to watch. Times < 100ms are great and times >300ms are concerning (and certainly > 1000 is deplorable).​
On [b-] we test dns resolution (transforming a domain name to an IP address) using
nslookup google.com​which (especially for this monster) can have a multiple line reply. Techspot.com looks like
nslookup techspot.com​Server: blah blah​Address: one-of-your-dns-addresses​​Non-authoritative answer:​Name: techspot.com​Address: 50.22.252.218​For [c-] we need to see the ip address
nslookup techspot.com​and then reverse the question; what's the domain name?
nslookup 50.22.252.218​...​Name: techspot04.techspot.com​Address: 50.22.252.218​So we prove the domain -> ip and ip ->domain

Now ping the site (ping techspot.com) and watch the times.
If they are all reasonable, great but if not use this
pathping techspot.com​and you will have to wait for the results
See this topic for an bad example of network reliability (notice ping times are very high and node-2-node backbone packets are timing out.

If you're into website performance issues, you can explore a site using this, but will have no means to impact the results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-pinpoint-my-connection-problem.198448/
Relevancy 18.92%

Need help reinstallintg a wifi connection onto my toshiba laptop M115 S1061. I already downloaded a driver and went through the installation wizard and it still is not working. Please Help, I will be eagerly waiting a response

A:Installing wifi connection on my laptop

Is there by chance a switch on the laptop you need to turn on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-wifi-connection-on-my-laptop.198286/
Relevancy 18.49%

I was setting up a DVR to be accessed from outside a restaurants network They purchased a static IP address I ve set these up a half dozen times before usually with no-ip org this was my first time that a client ports All connection IP Static refuse connections - actually bought a static line so I thought it would be easier So I setup Static IP connection - All ports refuse connections my router an old wrt Linksys with all the correct static IP and DNS Static IP connection - All ports refuse connections info Setup port forwarding and tried to connect from my phone s internet connection using a laptop No luck So I set the laptop as the port forward address and ran a portscan from a website and checked the port individually from canyouseeme org Both said quot Refused connection Static IP connection - All ports refuse connections quot or a derivation there-of The scan showed this for all ports I disabled the firewall and set the laptop as DMZ and still got this message on every port I checked I then plugged the laptop directly to the modem SURFBOARD SBG and entered the static IP info into the network adapter settings Internet connection worked fine but still kept getting quot refused connection quot I then spent an hour on the phone with Brighthouse Networks as they tested everything on their end and inside the modem which is actually a modem router but they wouldn t give me the login and pass to check it myself They said the problem must be on my end and that they do not block ports except and or something like that Connected directly to the modem and still getting this problem even after several reset attempts on the modem I can t think of what to do next I even set it to pickup the network automatically as the modem router has a dhcp server in it While it could still connect to the internet all ports still refused connections I m stumped Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Static IP connection - All ports refuse connections

Figured it out. As always when it doesn't make sense it's because theres' more than one thing wrong. The router's port forwarding wasn't working, and I had forgotten to disable to laptops firewall and I guess windows 8 has a more sensitive firewall than 7. So plugged in the DVR directly with the static IP info typed in and worked like a charm.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/static-ip-connection-all-ports-refuse-connections.198062/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi I have the same problem message quot An Operation was attempted on something that is not a socket quot etc appeared Also my Node Type is unknown I tried all steps mentioned above and I never made it to have Node Type hybrid It appears to be unknown even after adding node type and value And about this quot You should see a complete set of TCP values and using IP problems connection Limited with release/renew the command Prompt ping nslookup quot I got something completely different it says for nslookup that default server is not available server unknown cant find server for address etc Any idea how can I try to fix Limited connection with IP release/renew problems problem It all started with Limited connection with IP release/renew problems IP address conflict Once it was solved thanx to this cmd netsh int ip reset resetlog txt netsh winsock Limited connection with IP release/renew problems reset catalog But it does not work any more It shows that local area network is connected and there is still message about IP address conflict Many thanks in advance Moderator note Moved from this thread http www techspot com community topics limited-connection-with-ip-release-renew-problems nbsp

A:Limited connection with IP release/renew problems

It's a little difficult to pin down what your problem is without knowledge of your network and router setup, but IP collisions and connection issues that get fixed temporarily with release and renew are usually related to misconfigured DHCP settings. Such as when two routers are distributing IP addresses to the same range of systems, or when some devices list static IP address, or sometimes if a wireless device is also plugged in with a network cable, claiming the same IP address with both connections.

if you ping those google dns addresses (8.8.8.8, or 8.8.6.6) and you get errors instead of replies it just means your not connecting to the internet.

Like I said though this is generic stuff and no one will be able to be more specific until you describe a bit about your overall network layout, and types of connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-connection-with-ip-release-renew-problems.197582/
Relevancy 19.35%

Every time I try to connect to the internet, I get a message saying can't find iertutil.dll try re-installing iertutil.dll this may fix the problem , can anyone help. fishbird

A:No internet connection

First off what Os are you running? This is dll is a run time utlity for IE. You are most likely going to have to run a repair on windows or you can also try using a system restore. From a time when everything was working fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-connection.197885/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi so I ve been having issues with the sound on my laptop for a while now I had the red x my on with sound laptop Issues next to my speaker icon for a few months and I assumed this was because my sound card was done and I needed a new one I finally got around to messing with it today and Issues with sound on my laptop I found that my drivers were out of date I updated them and restarted my computer The red x was gone but I m still not getting sound out of my laptop speakers I ve messed with the sliders disabled and re-enabled the device even tried plugging in external speakers to play through there I ve noticed that when I do adjust the volume on the slider it responds as if the laptop IS making sound I just can t hear it Also when I plug my laptop into HDMI the sound works fine Anyone have any idea what my issue could be Thanks in advance I have a Toshiba Satellite P if that helps nbsp

A:Issues with sound on my laptop

Hey sethr266, this is probably a lame way to go but it has helped myself in these weird situations. Have you tried Microsoft fix it? If not Google Microsoft fix it audio problems. It may help. Also you can try uninstalling the audio driver in device manager for the onboard audio driver but keep the driver file when it ask. Restart the laptop and let it reinstall itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-with-sound-on-my-laptop.197907/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have been having an issue for about a week now with my internet 7 Windows connectivity with Issues internet on connection on my PC I could surf the net for hours or Issues with internet connectivity on Windows 7 post in forums for an unlimited amount of time with no connection issues But as soon as I try to play an online game or stream a video song or even download something I seem to get frequent disconnects It s only temporary for example I could log into WoW and for about - seconds everything is fine Then I see a bit of lag and I get disconnected but I can log back in immediately My disconnect doesn t seem to last longer than second If I am buffering a video on YouTube it sometimes stops halfway through and I need to reload the page to get it to start buffering again I did a full clean on my PC with some help from others on this website and after running some programs Broni mentioned that he doesn t see anything malicious on my computer What else could be causing Issues with internet connectivity on Windows 7 these issues Please help nbsp

A:Issues with internet connectivity on Windows 7

Specs on the PC?
What OS is in there?
How much RAM?
How fast is the CPU?
Size of HDD?
Network Rated Speed on there?
Wired?
Wireless?
Desktop or Laptop?
How old is the PC?
Your Internet Service Speed for download and upload?
What do you have? Cable or DSL?
What has changed prior to this issue?
Also see below:

System Issues
When last did you check the system out for issues?
Clear the Cache/History for the Brower
HDD Defrag
Scan for pest (Malware) on the HD?
How you ever clean out this box?
Check the vents make sure there are no dust or anything blocking the vents / fans?

Router. When was the last time you did a power cycle, means you turn it on and off.
Modem the same as above.

If on Windows PC if you can get to the Dos Prompt right click on that icon then select Run as Admin.
Type:
ipconfig /flushdns
nbtstat -R
netsh int reset all
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset

reboot your PC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-with-internet-connectivity-on-windows-7.197493/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi,

There's home wireless connection that my laptop won't connect to on its own. This wireless connects after the laptop has been connected to the router via the Ethernet cable, and stays connected with the cable unplugged until it drops (it's normal for my connection to drop sometimes), and then won't reconnect by itself again.

My wireless has wpa2-psk. OS is Vista.

Thank you.

A:Wireless only connects after Ethernet cable connection

Hey Sammy2. I assume your machine connected before with no connection issues.
Which Vista are you using,32 or 64 bit, and what Service Pack level is it on?
Do you have and use a good Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware cleaner?
When you lose your connection, is the Internet and wireless l.e.d.'s on the router still on?
Are there any other pc's that connect to this network?
When you state it won't connect again automatically, what do you do to get an Internet connection again?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-only-connects-after-ethernet-cable-connection.197616/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi guys, been looking at this site for a while now and ive got a problem of my own so here goes.

Seem to be getting a random error regarding Direct X ( I think ) and my 780

Basically it will sometimes hang mid game for 5 seconds and then recover itself and let me carry on playing.

I get this error while playing BF4

Ive Reinstalled Windows this morning to see if the error persists and it does. Ive got all the latest drivers as well.

Thanks for any help.

A:Gtx 780 Issues

Doing a Google Search of the problem, and you are not the only one that is having this problem. From what I've read, somehow the DirectX files that were included with BF4 were corrupted. I could not find a solution so far, but will keep searching. I might suggest uninstalling DirectX, download it directly from the website and then install it from the download. It might work, or it might not work, but it is worth a try.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-780-issues.197605/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello there I am still having issues with my internet my last thread http www techspot com community t uter-on-the-same-network loss Ping and games packet on in off issues and post- When im in games its most noticeable in league of legends I Ping issues in games and on and off packet loss get lag where ill be clicking to move somewhere and it doesnt register for a few seconds It lags in Ping issues in games and on and off packet loss all my other games too and I disconnect in alot o f them I fear it is packet loss When I check for packet loss on teamspeak those top numbers are all other times the first and rd are and other times there all similar numbers like u see in the picture Ive done ping tests on pingtest net and sometimes I get sometimes I get and sometimes I get like On and off packet loss I didnt think it was possible what could be the problem Faulty ethernet bad router because I havent a clue Here is a pathping to google theres and a ics netlyzr test these are from my computer ill do some of other computers in my household too I have removed some ip address for obvious reasons this one was took about mins after the st one http n netalyzr icsi berkeley edu summary id ea d- - ee -ae - cb -b e hes a second one http n netalyzr icsi berkeley edu summary id ca f- - eb -b a - f - for the same computer and another http n netalyzr icsi berkeley edu summary id ca f- - b - dc - - My Mums computer decided it doesnt like java and wont run ics netalyzr My computer is on Ethernet but the laptop is on wifi So do you guys have any idea what is going on is it my computer the router or what Any other info u need just ask Thanks in advance Max nbsp

A:Ping issues in games and on and off packet loss

Anyone? :/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ping-issues-in-games-and-on-and-off-packet-loss.197207/
Relevancy 18.92%

So as the topic states, we just moved and got a new modem, Cisco EPC3825, it loses the internet connection randomly pretty often. So I googled and found many who have had the same problem and for some it has helped by disabling the IP flood detection even tho that's not even enabled for me...even tho most have got the problem solved by updating the firmware but I can't find any firmware updates anywhere.
So, any idea where to find and download firmware for this modem or any other suggestions?

Model: Cisco EPC3825
Vendor: Cisco
Hardware Revision: 1.0
Bootloader Revision: 2.3.0_R3
Current Software Revision: epc3825-v302r12901-100201c
Firmware Name: epc3825-v302r12901-100201c.bin
Firmware Build Time: Feb 02 2010 15:45:18
Cable Modem Status: Operational

A:Cisco EPC3825 losing connection

http://www.cisco.com/web/consumer/support/modem_DPC3825.html#~drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cisco-epc3825-losing-connection.191306/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have started to route CAT e cable to make a wired network I have a server running Server a custom desktop running windows laptops running windows I have the modem and the wireless router in issues to connecting network Having a server the library I have the modem connected to the internet port of the router and one of the loads is connected to a wall jack that Having issues connecting a server to network connects to a cable that runs about feet to its termination This termination is connected to a Having issues connecting a server to network port switch Having issues connecting a server to network The server is connected to the switch directly Based on my understanding my server should have access to the internet and my network should have access to my server With this setup I have full internet access on every machine but the server and I cannot access the server from any computer I have hooked up the server to a second wireless router as a load and was able to successfully access it through the second router but there is no internet The network on the server shows up as Unidentified Limited Access when directly connected to the switch Has anyone seen this before or have an idea to fix this issue nbsp

A:Having issues connecting a server to network

Load? It'd be easier if you drew a diagram. Some of the info is missing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-issues-connecting-a-server-to-network.197147/
Relevancy 18.92%

I recently just put a new gpu and motherboard evereything was working fine but I had a few issues. I took it to the shop and they fixed it. when I tried to run any online games my fps would be horrible but offline it would be fantastic. I am using the same connection/router I used before, before I was having no issues but since I got it back online games are unplayable my gpu is a gtx 780 and my cpu is a i7 2600k.

A:Low FPS in online games but my connection is fine

You may not have the latest LAN drivers for your motherboard. Go to the manufacturer's website and update them, and see if that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-fps-in-online-games-but-my-connection-is-fine.196863/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi there!

I've just bought a new chassis and I dont know how to connect the front panel USB 3.0..
Because the chassis; Corsair Carbide 300R has 2 front panel USB 3.0 but my motherboard the ASUS P7P55D-E Pro does not have internal USB 3.0 ports. The mobo only has 2 USB 3.0 ports on the back I/O.

Now, I'm wondering what I can do to connect the front panel usb 3.0's to the system...
1) I know I can just buy a USB 3.0 expansion card and plug it into my PCI-Express slot on my mobo and then connect the usb 3.0 to them, but they seem quite expensive just for a USB card :/
2) Is It possible to buy an extension/adapter cable to run from the front panel to plug into the USB 3.0 ports in the back?

Or are there any other solutions?

A:USB 3.0 Connection

I decided to go for the 2nd solution and will just run the cable from the front to the back and use this adapter: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00975UUEK/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-3-0-connection.195941/
Relevancy 19.35%

So I have a a small home network setup for many years two desktops and two laptops recently added a tablet often I map drives have an external hard drive connected to USB port on router to share files all the devices can copy open and share files Life was great Then I got a new laptop with Windows and upgraded Having Issues Windows with 8 one of my desktops to Win my wife wanted it Since then can still connect all devices to internet no issues The problems are neither of my Win machines consistently will see other machines on network or external HD By consistent I d estimate maybe out of times it will on rare occasions connect but not the other times I have noticed a pattern at least now a half dozen or more times on the lap top if I m connected on an Ethernet connection I can see other devices but as soon as I unplug no longer can connect to the other devices I haven t tried this on desktop as no Ethernet port close by to test I ve tried a number of Having Issues with Windows 8 things verified Network Discovery is turned on I also can Having Issues with Windows 8 t connect from my Win desktop to either of the Win machines On the Win machines under network the name of the device shows up but when I try and connect I get error stating machine can t be found check spelling but yet the name it can t find is listed right there Or will get error stating quot The network path was not found quot From what I ve read am thinking problem may be related to not finding host name but not sure how to test or repair or determine for certain what is the issue Any suggestions nbsp

A:Having Issues with Windows 8

I've notice that with the two systems the run 8. With 7 you don't have this issue. Are you running Homegroup with Workgroup. If you don't need Homegroup disable that feature. Try to use Workgroup. But I must tell you Microsoft has changed the TCP/IP features in 8 where 7 doesn't have certain of the new protocols. I've added that with my JASPER script which I've been testing. That adds one aspect of the missing puzzle. But with 8 there is still some network features that will not be seen by 7 shares or DLNA that works with 7 but won't function with 8.

Hopefully the Windows 8.1 patch or update will fix these issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-issues-with-windows-8.195342/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a Dell PC that is connected to my router via ethernet cable. When I power up my pc it connects to the internet fine and then at random points just loses connection. It is still sending & receiving packets when it is in this state. The only way I can regain connection is to shut down & reboot. It used to be absolutely fine and has only started doing this in the last month & it driving me crazy. I have AVG installed and have tried disabling firewall but still happens. I have a laptop that connects to the internet wirelessly and this is fine and is still connected when my pc isn't.

A:Sending & receiving packets but no internet connection

Interesting, as wired connections are usually more reliable.

Investigate the Control Panel->Power settings and ensure that you do not permit "Allow windows to turn this device off" (apologies, not certain on the wording here).

Also go to Admin Tools->Computer Mgmt->Device Mgmt
expand [+] Network adapters
find yours & double click to get properties->Power Management Tab
clear [ ] Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sending-receiving-packets-but-no-internet-connection.194558/
Relevancy 18.49%

hello,
I'm fairly new at networking.
Devices:
Oce fx300 wired printer
laptop running windows 7
netgear WGR614 v8 with DD-WRT Nokaid firmware

Problem: wireless router connection only established when ethernet cable is connected to router and computer, once unplugged the connection is disabled.

I am attempting to make this wired printer wireless through my wireless router which has been recently fitted with dd-wrt software. I have already set a static ip adress for the computer, and set the local printer connection up. My problem lies withing the router setting I am assuming since it seems like the router wont connect wireless. Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-printer-to-wireless-via-router-issues.194602/